Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: CialisBok


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:19 2007] : (35) Zane (enter): 21:42

[Sat Sep 08 21:42:19 2007] : (35) Zane (enter): 21:42
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:19 2007] : (30) Cael (enter): 21:42
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:19 2007] : (29) Donovan (enter): 21:42
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:19 2007] : (33) Daelan (enter): 21:42
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:28 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (42) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:43 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: so anyway, I'm experimenting with a new software
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:47 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (33) Daelan...
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:50 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (29) Donovan...
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:53 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (30) Cael...
[Sat Sep 08 21:42:56 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (35) Zane...
[Sat Sep 08 21:43:03 2007] : (35) Zane: Stash, you naughty boy you... :-P
[Sat Sep 08 21:43:32 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: this is probably too small
[Sat Sep 08 21:44:09 2007] : (35) Zane: a little bigger would be nice, yeah.
[Sat Sep 08 21:44:14 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: k
[Sat Sep 08 21:44:15 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: sec
[Sat Sep 08 21:44:35 2007] : (43) Lunauc (enter): 21:44
[Sat Sep 08 21:45:05 2007] : (43) Lunauc: oh.. nice map
[Sat Sep 08 21:45:24 2007] : (35) Zane: but we decided it was too small.
[Sat Sep 08 21:45:40 2007] : (43) Lunauc: zoom?
[Sat Sep 08 21:45:43 2007] : (35) Zane: well, Stash thought it was and I agreed...
[Sat Sep 08 21:46:04 2007] : (35) Zane: Yeah, but it also means that all minis would have to be resized each time.
[Sat Sep 08 21:46:51 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: I just got Dundijinni so I'll be teaching myself how to use it
[Sat Sep 08 21:47:05 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: I'll eventually use it for most dungeon maps and CC3 for all external maps
[Sat Sep 08 21:47:25 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (43) Lunauc...
[Sat Sep 08 21:47:58 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: still not useable for minis
[Sat Sep 08 21:48:08 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: but at least you get a sense of what things look like
[Sat Sep 08 21:48:17 2007] : (43) Lunauc: shrink the mini
[Sat Sep 08 21:48:19 2007] : (30) Cael: Okay, I'm back.
[Sat Sep 08 21:48:28 2007] : (35) Zane: true. Yeah, I wanted to see how the minis worked with it...
[Sat Sep 08 21:48:59 2007] : (35) Zane: Oh no - Thom can't fit down the hallway! He's not trapped in this small room! :-)
[Sat Sep 08 21:49:12 2007] : (29) Donovan: We'd have to *really* badly shrink minis for this size.
[Sat Sep 08 21:49:45 2007] : (35) Zane: I think if we have this for a general feel for maps, and then do whiteboard sketches for battles where we want minis, that should work fine.
[Sat Sep 08 21:50:02 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:50
[Sat Sep 08 21:50:09 2007] : (30) Cael: I was thinking the same thing.
[Sat Sep 08 21:51:40 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: Sorry kind semi AFK for a few more min
[Sat Sep 08 21:54:20 2007] : (30) Cael: Bah, gotta answer the door, afk
[Sat Sep 08 21:56:25 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (22) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Sep 08 21:56:42 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: I don'
[Sat Sep 08 21:56:58 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: I don't really care for this style of mapping but on the other hand, it's almost a breeze to use
[Sat Sep 08 21:57:23 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: I do have nits to pick though. it's almost impossible to make a map that's smaller than 16000x20000
[Sat Sep 08 21:57:29 2007] : (35) Zane: Well, it is fairly clear, better than some of the maps we've seen...
[Sat Sep 08 21:57:58 2007] : (35) Zane: holy cow... that's kinda large, or seems like it at least.
[Sat Sep 08 21:58:04 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: that's only because you're not used to CC3
[Sat Sep 08 21:58:27 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: this map was larger but's been shrunk to 800x600 size resolution
[Sat Sep 08 21:58:36 2007] : (35) Zane: ahh.
[Sat Sep 08 22:00:28 2007] : (42) DM: ** (176) Skriku strokes each of the creatures on her shoulders and looks at you, then snickers. **
** (221) Cael looks back to the group questioningly, raising one eyebrow. **
** (221) Cael pulls out a gold piece and begins to play with it. **
(176) Skriku: "Ah."
(176) Skriku: "Now we are getting somewhere, yes? Skriku sees that you are here and guesses that you wish to know of the
Fallen Tower, yes?"
(221) Cael: "That would all depend on what this tower has to do with the prophecy."
** (176) Rhian narrows her eyes at the crone but says nothing. **
(176) Skriku: "Prophecy? Skriku does not possess the power to foretell though there are many prophecies."
(221) Cael: "Does that one see familiar."
(183) Daelan: " Ask her about the fallen paladin."
** (221) Cael nods at Daelan. **
(176) Skriku: "Ah, the paladin. Yes, a paladin came here recently looking for trouble. She found it inside the
Fallen Tower."
(221) Cael: "What sort of trouble?"
(176) Skriku: "The guardian who is not a guardian slew the paladin and her squire."
** (176) Skriku smiles. **
(183) Daelan: " Well atleast we do not have to kill something for her to answer us."
(176) Skriku: "Now, Skriku wishes to exact payment for her answers, yes?"
** (221) Cael nods. **
(183) Daelan: " Answer,not answers,you only gave one answer to our question."
(221) Cael: "That may be true, however, she did answer it, and she will be paid for it."
** (221) Cael pulls out 9 more gold coins. "Would this be sufficient payment?" **
(176) Skriku: "That will be sufficient, yes."
** (176) Skriku strokes her pets again and smiles. **
** (221) Cael hands the gold pieces over (walking towards her if the gap hadn't already been closed, however, remaining on his guard). **
** (176) Skriku takes the coins eagerly and pockets them swiftly. **
(176) Skriku: "Skriku has no words of wisdom to offer you, save this: the guardian who is not a guardian guards the entrance to the Fallen Tower, where within you will find that which you seek to save those who live in Ruairi."
** (178) Thom nods to Skiru, "May you and your pets enjoy the peace of the abomination's demise." **
(221) Cael: "I thank you for your help..."
** (221) Cael gives a slight bow. **
** (176) Skriku nods and bows low, while snickering in a mocking manner. **
(176) DM: The crone steps back into the fog, out of sight.
** (178) Thom shivers slightly as the crone disappears. "Let's head off to the tower then. Sounds like a good place to start, regardless." **
(183) Daelan: " We are going to regret the fact that we did not kill her when we had the chance."
(221) Cael: "I agree, however, be sure to remain on guard, I'm certain there was something she purposefully left out."
(178) Thom: "Likely, but I doubt there was much we could have done to get those answers."
** (178) Thom starts making his way toward the fallen tower. **
** (221) Cael follows **
** (181) Atross follows on, looking around for signs of where the strange Skriku dwells. **
(176) DM: Eventually you descend to the valley floor and are about to ford a stream, when a pale apparition of a tattered and torn young man emerges silently from the fog astride a translucent gray war horse.

The spirit wears a tunic decorated with an embroidered symbol of Bralvanyr. His eyes convey an eternity of grief. Now, looking at you, the man's face shifts and changes, hardening into rage. You can almost sense his frustrated need for vengeance.
(176) DM: It moans, "Shaunnnra. Shaunnnra...."
(178) Thom: "No, Thoommm."
** (183) Daelan stops as he stares at the dead person. **
** (221) Cael halts, preparing himself for anything. **
(183) Daelan: " That was the name of the Paladin I believe."
** (176) The shade raises his war mace and grips it, as he takes a step forward. **
(178) Thom: "And he doesn't seem to want to talk either."
(176) DM: (as the steed takes a step forward*)
(221) Cael: "Are you perhaps the squire of the fallen paladin Shaunra?"
** (176) The shade glares at Cael, and then responds with a slow nod. **
(221) Cael: "What is it you seek squire?"
(176) The shade: "Vengeance against the one who slew Shaunnnra."
(221) Cael: "Against the guardian who is not a guardian?"
(183) Daelan: " When is a guardian not a guardian? When it is a protector."
(176) The shade: "An undead devil slew Shaunnra. It has no name."
(221) Cael: "Might this un-named one be found in the fallen tower?"
(176) The shade: "It came from the fog with death in its eyes. My Shaunnra....my teeeacher. She drew her sword and callllled upon holy Bralvanyr to fight beside her. I diiiiiied. Shaunnnnnraaaa. Shaunnnnnnnraaaaa. The evil stole your soul. It took you awaaaaay. Shaunnnnnnraaaaaaaaa.....find her and lay her to rest."
** (221) Cael looks to the ground, thinking aloud, "The priestess in Ruairi was unable to raise the Paladin... that is because her soul is trapped here!" **
** (178) Thom glances around at the party, making note of Zarenna and Rhian especially. **
(176) The shade: "It took her to the catacombs, the realm of the dead. Search there and you will find her."
** (176) Zarenna looks blankly, uncomprehending. Rhian narrows her eyes as if in concentration but says nothing. **
(221) Cael: "In doing so, your soul will also find peace?"
(176) The shade: "Free her and put her to rest. Only then will I find true peace. In the catacombs. Search in the catacombs. Shaunnnnrraaaaa."
** (221) Cael looks at the group, "I know that this has already taken you out of your way..." Cael cuts off, believing the rest of his sentence to be implied. **
(183) Daelan: " We are here,may as well see it through to the end."
(178) Thom: "An undead devil? It needs to be removed from here, in addition to saving two souls."
** (221) Cael smiles and nods. "Thank you." **
(221) Cael: :Turning back to the Shade: "We shall free your Shaunndra's soul, you have my word."
** (178) Thom sheathes his rapier, which was still out from the previous battle. **
** (176) The shade nods and sighs, then turns to look elsewhere. **
(176) The shade: "Shaunnnraaa. Shaunnnraaa."
** (221) Cael sets forward with renewed vigor. **
** (179) Morti blinks as he stares at the spirit's fading. Finally he speaks, "So.. we're delving into the underworld to retrieve a woman's soul then?" **
(181) Atross: "Underground, I believe."
** (221) Cael looks back, "Indeed we are." **
(221) Cael: "Correct, not the underworld... simply underground."
(179) Morti: "Ah..."
** (179) Morti takes a second to think.. something over, before following. **
(221) Cael: "You see Morti, I was told in Ruairi that the priestess was unable to raise the Paladin, so, I believe that it means that her soul has been unable to leave this plane of existance.
(179) Morti: "Okay." :takes a moment to cast an abjurtion while they walk(mage armor)
** (178) Thom takes off his pack and retrives a sheathed sword from within it. He straps it on and slides his rapier over before replacing his pack. **
** (183) Daelan moves up behind Thom," I will cover you as you look for traps." **
(178) Thom: "Sounds good, just keep in mind travel will likely be slow." Thom starts to descend into the tower, searching for traps as they go along.
(183) Daelan: " Better to be slow and alive,than fast and dead."
** (178) Thom nods. **

[Sat Sep 08 22:00:35 2007] : (42) DM: (from last session)
[Sat Sep 08 22:02:00 2007] : (42) DM: (picking up where we left off)
[Sat Sep 08 22:02:46 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 08 22:02:47 2007] : (35) Thom: (whispering): Searching for traps as we descend.
[Sat Sep 08 22:03:28 2007] : ** (33) Daelan notches an arrow as he moves forward behind Thom. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:03:34 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Sep 08 22:04:19 2007] : (42) DM: The trail you've been following crosses a creek, a rivulet really and ascends some hilly terrain.
[Sat Sep 08 22:06:14 2007] : ** (43) Morti follows along, looking about cautiously for any more shadowy figures **
[Sat Sep 08 22:06:33 2007] : (42) DM: The landscape rises somewhat and offers more solid footing. Chunks of hewn stone and large slivers of wood appear out of the fog, littering your path as you near the temple ruins. The debris gradually becomes more prevalent, and you come to a wall. The wall curves in a wide circle and varies in height from 5 to 25 feet. The majority of that stone building now lies in rubble around you.
[Sat Sep 08 22:06:59 2007] : (42) DM: Gaps in the ruin allow you to pass through a wall of stones. Due east of the ruin, among some smaller shattered stones, you spot a moldering humanoid corpse.
[Sat Sep 08 22:07:38 2007] : (29) Atross: "It looks like we've found the place."
[Sat Sep 08 22:08:13 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves to inspect the corpse **
[Sat Sep 08 22:08:37 2007] : (35) Thom: "Yes, and I already wonder if one day will be enough time here."
[Sat Sep 08 22:08:47 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens walks around a bit making sure there arnt any more of the strange flying balls creatures **
[Sat Sep 08 22:09:16 2007] : whispering to Daelan, it's a half-elf. leather armor, short sword, dagger and a few pouches, the contents of which lie scattered around her.
[Sat Sep 08 22:09:33 2007] : whispering to Daelan, she's been dead for at least a week it looks like
[Sat Sep 08 22:10:32 2007] : (33) Daelan: " A female half breed,dead atleast a week."
[Sat Sep 08 22:10:32 2007] : ** (43) Morti passes among the debris, careful not to trip on anything in his clumsy manner. He eyes the old architecture, curious of it's history and long lost makers. But the past is overshadowed by the dead body in the present. Looking to Daelan, he awaits the elf's inspection. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:11:15 2007] : ** (33) Daelan inspects the few items laying around her body **
[Sat Sep 08 22:11:20 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks to Cael. "The paladin, she wasn't a half-elf, was she?" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:11:53 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Never knew a Paladin who wore leather armor."
[Sat Sep 08 22:11:56 2007] : (30) Cael: "I was told that a group of adventurers came and retrieved the body, I wasn't told how many left or returned."
[Sat Sep 08 22:12:35 2007] : (35) Thom: "Good point Daelan. I just got worried for amoment there that they grabbed the wrong body perhaps."
[Sat Sep 08 22:13:12 2007] : (30) Cael: "Can you tell what killed her?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:13:40 2007] : (46) Stormcrow (enter): 22:13
[Sat Sep 08 22:14:06 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 08 22:14:06 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): can I tell how she died?
[Sat Sep 08 22:14:17 2007] : whispering to Daelan, it appears as if whatever slew her was skilled in the art of hurling magicka.
[Sat Sep 08 22:14:32 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): either by magicka or by fire
[Sat Sep 08 22:14:56 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not really sure. much of her wounds appear to have been inflicted from a distance.
[Sat Sep 08 22:15:08 2007] : (46) Stormcrow (exit): 22:15
[Sat Sep 08 22:15:13 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Fire killed her,either natural,which I doubt or magikal."
[Sat Sep 08 22:15:28 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Sep 08 22:15:28 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Sep 08 22:15:32 2007] : ** (30) Cael nods. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:16:05 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Not up close either,from a distance,so perhaps even arrows."
[Sat Sep 08 22:16:43 2007] : (43) Morti: "Hmmm..." :grimaces at the loss of life, and busies himself eyeing about the old ruins, looking for old runes, or carvings, or objects the distract himself with.:
[Sat Sep 08 22:17:03 2007] : (35) Thom: "Unfortunately, is there anything we can do for her here and now? We only have a short time to investigate this place, so let's keep moving."
[Sat Sep 08 22:17:31 2007] : (30) Cael: "Agreed
[Sat Sep 08 22:17:59 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, There's a persistent artistic motif running throughout the ruins -- lightning bolts, balls of fire, crossed spears and swords. As if the artist glorified in images of destruction.
[Sat Sep 08 22:19:02 2007] : ** (35) Thom enteres one of the gaps in the stone wall, to see what else they can find. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:19:28 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): tracks
[Sat Sep 08 22:19:34 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there seem to be quite a few
[Sat Sep 08 22:20:07 2007] : ** (43) Morti takes a moment to focus his mind, sweeping the ruins for lingering magicks, out of curiousity, wondering if he will find traces of what may have killed the woman, or some other lost "treasure" (detect magic) **
[Sat Sep 08 22:20:17 2007] : (35) Thom: "Daelan, I need your trained eyes over here."
[Sat Sep 08 22:20:58 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, there is a lingering aura of magicka here...as if something lies dormant
[Sat Sep 08 22:21:09 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, faint evocation/invocation
[Sat Sep 08 22:21:13 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): I keep thinking of using the detect evil ability that I so rarely use, but I'm afraid that this place would knock me out and I'd drown or something from the evil. At least, it has that vibe about it.
[Sat Sep 08 22:21:22 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sat Sep 08 22:21:40 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 08 22:21:41 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): can I pinpoint a source, or is it just sort of all around?
[Sat Sep 08 22:23:06 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): its all around but there seems to be two glaring sources -- a stone structure about the size of a house that lies perhaps 200 yards to the northwest and a cesspit or basin roughly 30 yards to the north of your present position.
[Sat Sep 08 22:23:23 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves over towards Thom," What is it?" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:23:59 2007] : (35) Thom: "Tracks. Lots of them. Can they tell you anything?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:24:15 2007] : (48) Asmodeus (enter): 22:24
[Sat Sep 08 22:24:23 2007] : ** (30) Cael perks up at the mention of tracks and moves towards Thom and Daelan. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:24:38 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 08 22:24:38 2007] : (48) Asmodeus: (whispering): Hello again
[Sat Sep 08 22:24:44 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): one which is clearly the half-elf
[Sat Sep 08 22:24:56 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): another, which is a horse
[Sat Sep 08 22:24:59 2007] : ** (33) Daelan steps forward and studies the tracks **
[Sat Sep 08 22:25:10 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a third which is someone heavily armored judging by the heel prints
[Sat Sep 08 22:25:23 2007] : ** (43) Morti moves off toward a cesspit, a bit to the norht. Curiously he examines it. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:25:29 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a fourth set which is someone with a slow, shuffling gait
[Sat Sep 08 22:25:47 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the horse and heavily armored person was probably two weeks old
[Sat Sep 08 22:26:09 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the shuffling gait tracks were a few days old
[Sat Sep 08 22:26:18 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hi
[Sat Sep 08 22:26:19 2007] : ** (29) Atross waits near the middle, keeping an eye on Morti while he looks around the ruins. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:26:20 2007] : ** (33) Daelan points to the almost invisible tracks," Those are from the half breed." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:26:20 2007] : (48) Asmodeus: (whispering): Mind if I lurk again?
[Sat Sep 08 22:26:26 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): suit yourself
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:01 2007] : ** (33) Daelan points to the obvious horse tracks and to the deep tracks. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:05 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the basin descends to the ruins of what was a stone tower
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:05 2007] : (48) Asmodeus (exit): 22:27
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:08 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): arcana or religion checks to determine the purpose of the basin and stone respectively? and where is the corpse in relation to the two?
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:15 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): judging by the debris around you
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:21 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:24 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): either
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:25 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Those are made from a heavy horse and someone wearing heavy armor,atleast 10 days old."
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:38 2007] : (30) Cael: "The paladin... most likely."
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:39 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens heads over to Rhian while the others are searching around "Have you ever heard of Illana Sedai?" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:42 2007] : (43) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [3,18] = (21)
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:42 2007] : (43) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [18,18] = (36)
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:52 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): first for basin, second for stone
[Sat Sep 08 22:27:58 2007] : (42) Rhian Sedai: "Not to my recollection."
[Sat Sep 08 22:28:34 2007] : ** (35) Thom nods as Daelan explains the tracks that he studies. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:28:37 2007] : ** (33) Daelan points to the last set of tracks." Now these interest me,they are fresher,a few days,but the gait is that of someone who is either injured or has a bad leg,they shuffle instead of walk.'' **
[Sat Sep 08 22:29:03 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): This might have been a temple dedicated to the Morrigan, a goddess of destruction and vengeance.
[Sat Sep 08 22:29:39 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens nods "Guess I will have to figure out who she is and what I am up against once we get to the City tomarrow" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:29:49 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): You've heard stories of such a temple in this region, crafted to look like the goddess. It stood roughly 50 to 60 feet high, with arms upraised as if to throw lightning
[Sat Sep 08 22:29:57 2007] : ** (29) Atross calls around the wall to ask, "Someone who was leaving?" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:30:06 2007] : (50) Asmodeus (enter): 22:30
[Sat Sep 08 22:30:23 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The debris is probably the main body of the tower = the body. The stone head was noted for being extremely lifelike.
[Sat Sep 08 22:31:16 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): anything at the bottom of the cesspit?
[Sat Sep 08 22:31:24 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): anything visible anyway?
[Sat Sep 08 22:31:32 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): which way do the shuffling tracks lead?
[Sat Sep 08 22:31:42 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens heads over to Zarenna "Tell me about Ayako. I want to know what her ambitions are, and what Ajah she is leaning toward." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:31:49 2007] : ** (35) Thom begins looking for a way to head down. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:31:57 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hm
[Sat Sep 08 22:31:59 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Sep 08 22:32:16 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the remnants of a flight of stone stairs which probably stood at the center of the now fallen tower
[Sat Sep 08 22:32:21 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it spirals up and down
[Sat Sep 08 22:32:36 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and continues down into the interior of the pit
[Sat Sep 08 22:32:46 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): northwest and southeast
[Sat Sep 08 22:33:15 2007] : (42) Rhian Sedai: "That name is new to me. You have to understand, I have not been at the Tower for a few years."
[Sat Sep 08 22:33:39 2007] : ** (43) Morti suddenly stands upright, after staring into the basin a long while. He casts his gaze suddenly toward a large stone structure further to the northwest. He quickly rushes off toward it to get a better look. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:33:51 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's a massive stone head.
[Sat Sep 08 22:33:54 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): wonder if the big stone thing is the head. ^_^
[Sat Sep 08 22:34:03 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): That of a snarling, angry woman.
[Sat Sep 08 22:34:06 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sat Sep 08 22:34:08 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): guess so
[Sat Sep 08 22:34:19 2007] : ** (33) Daelan watches Morti run off **
[Sat Sep 08 22:34:26 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Better catch him."
[Sat Sep 08 22:34:35 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( my last question was for Zarenna ))
[Sat Sep 08 22:34:49 2007] : ** (29) Atross makes sure to keep up with Morti. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:34:56 2007] : (29) Atross: "Yeah, I'm on it."
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:05 2007] : ** (43) Morti stops short in his tracks, letting out an audible gasp, were anyone that close to him. His clothen visage gapes at the sight of the stone. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:10 2007] : (42) DM: (woops)
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:10 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): I've been going over old logs of mine, trying to make better notes, and I found a couple interesting facts. First - When Rhian introduced herself to the Tempest, she said she was White Ajah. When we rescued her in this past, she claimed Gray. Was that intentional?
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:11 2007] : (33) Daelan: " For a Human he moves rather quickly when he wishes too."
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:24 2007] : ** (30) Cael sends out a few short whistles, telling Rin to keep an eye on Morti and Atross. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:44 2007] : (30) Cael: "They do tend to surprise, don't they?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:49 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "She's....out for bigger and better things, or so she keeps telling herself. She has all the hallmarks of a Red but I could be mistaken."
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:56 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:56 2007] : (50) Asmodeus: (whispering): Can you give me the situation in a nutshell?
[Sat Sep 08 22:35:58 2007] : (43) Morti: :to Atross, with some surprise: "It's the Temple of Morrigan!"
[Sat Sep 08 22:36:00 2007] : ** (35) Thom slowly follows Morti and Atross, figuring what Morti was after must be rather exciting. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:36:05 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sat Sep 08 22:36:29 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I hadn't had the character in mind yet
[Sat Sep 08 22:36:37 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Some more so than others Cael."
[Sat Sep 08 22:36:41 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so I retconned it to Gray eventually which fits her better
[Sat Sep 08 22:36:57 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she is Gray
[Sat Sep 08 22:37:15 2007] : ** (30) Cael joins **
[Sat Sep 08 22:37:21 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens nods "So she is just as or more ambitious then you?" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:37:37 2007] : ** (30) Cael joins Thom, deciding to see what has the boy so excited. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:37:45 2007] : ** (43) Morti rushes toward the house-sized stone form with some excitement, looking for an opening at the base **
[Sat Sep 08 22:37:46 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "We're all ambitious, darling. Some of us more than others."
[Sat Sep 08 22:37:52 2007] : ** (33) Daelan follows along,his eyes keeping a sharp lookout. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:38:24 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): lol, just curious. One more thing - Ringrist did not glow when we battled the Gholam that was attacking Rhian. It didn't start until we faced the deamons in Strathern Point. I'm guessing a simple oversight, just want to make sure for my own clarification.
[Sat Sep 08 22:38:25 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "The Amryl...the Mother is aging. There is talk of who shall succeed her."
[Sat Sep 08 22:38:50 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no, not an oversight
[Sat Sep 08 22:39:01 2007] : (35) Thom: "Easy Morti... slow down."
[Sat Sep 08 22:39:21 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): really? hmm... intriguing.
[Sat Sep 08 22:39:55 2007] : ** (35) Thom follows Morti, looking over the structure as well, but searching for traps. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:40:00 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens smirks "I very much doubt it will be one of you, but never hurts to set your sights high. So how about Adore?" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:40:37 2007] : (42) Zarenna: A giant face appears through the fog. A stone visage lies half-sunk in the pillow of the swamp, its left eye and mouth forming deep orifices beyond which you discern a dark and hollow area. Many cracks mar the gray chiselled face, and weeds have taken root in the alabaster creases formed by its disturbing scowl.
[Sat Sep 08 22:40:46 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): The head hollow of solid? ATM Morti is looking if he can access via the neckhole.
[Sat Sep 08 22:41:35 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): see the description I gave
[Sat Sep 08 22:42:15 2007] : ** (42) Zarenna shrugs. "What can I say? She's scatterbrained and flighty. A Brown if ever I saw one." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:42:51 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can enter through the mouth and possibly the left eye
[Sat Sep 08 22:42:53 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): head: extremely lifelike, Massive stone, but hollow or solid?
[Sat Sep 08 22:42:58 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hollow
[Sat Sep 08 22:43:03 2007] : ** (33) Daelan stops short at the sight in front of him,his left hand dropping down to his quiver as he scans the area around him. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:43:10 2007] : (29) Atross: "So it's a statue? What's it mean?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:43:15 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a swamp
[Sat Sep 08 22:43:30 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "So she is someone you might ask about the Infromation you were seeking?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:43:30 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh. and does not seem to possess much in the way of life apart from you and mosquitoes.
[Sat Sep 08 22:43:40 2007] : (43) Morti: :calls back to Atross: "Not just a statue! It used to be a whole Tower!"
[Sat Sep 08 22:43:57 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "I could ask a library and get better answers than asking her."
[Sat Sep 08 22:44:31 2007] : (35) Thom: "Well, let's find out what's happening in this place." Thom approaches the mouth of the face and checks it for traps, but then enters in (if clear, obviously).
[Sat Sep 08 22:44:33 2007] : ** (43) Morti tries to find entrance into the head from the neck hole, his everburning torch leading the way. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:44:43 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "I thought the Brows were saposoed to be the scholars?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:44:52 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "And I dare not ask any of the Sisters about my knowledge. It would cause too much discussion."
[Sat Sep 08 22:45:25 2007] : ** (33) Daelan swats a misquito on the back of his neck," A tower for whom?" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:45:27 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "They are scholars, but they tend to store knowledge for their own use, if you know what I mean."
[Sat Sep 08 22:46:56 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "I do, you said you might have mentioned it to what you were seeking to someone. That someone has to know you well enough to call you Gentle Whisper since Illana mentioned the name. So I am trying to figure out which of your friends you might have mentioned it to."
[Sat Sep 08 22:47:37 2007] : (43) Morti: :While he explores: "Just think about it.. a huge tower crafted to look like their godess.. supposedly it was amazingly lifelike." :he speaks clearly for the moment, the joy of a new find easing his shyness, as he amends: "Of course, I can't really say I'm a fan of Morrigan, or this place for that matter. It's so thick with chaos and destruction, I'm practically shivering. But still... what a sight this must have been, before it fell."
[Sat Sep 08 22:47:51 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "So the last friend you named was Corinne"
[Sat Sep 08 22:48:32 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): can Morti find entrance?
[Sat Sep 08 22:48:34 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 08 22:48:35 2007] : (29) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Hmm, too topheavy maybe?
[Sat Sep 08 22:48:36 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): any traps? Or can I enter the mouth and see what doom awaits me? I know that you're also talking with Sevis, but that's your own fault for adding yet another NPC. :-)
[Sat Sep 08 22:48:41 2007] : (42) DM: The space right inside the "mouth" is a cavern that's flooded with slimy, filthy water. Mold and mildew smear the walls, and a fetid, spiral stone staircase can be seen in the rear of the chamber. An archway leads further into the rear of the "head".

[Sat Sep 08 22:48:55 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): pffyt
[Sat Sep 08 22:49:03 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): LOL
[Sat Sep 08 22:49:05 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): see the description =P
[Sat Sep 08 22:49:15 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the mouth?
[Sat Sep 08 22:49:16 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): Foreman: "Um... are you sure about this?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:49:26 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): yeah, you got it while I was on another tab whispering you. :-)
[Sat Sep 08 22:49:29 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): Priest: "Positive."
[Sat Sep 08 22:49:42 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): Foreman: " But Structurally..."
[Sat Sep 08 22:49:54 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "Perhaps. Gossips exist too."
[Sat Sep 08 22:50:13 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): Priest: "Trust me.. the godess would want EEE size breasts.
[Sat Sep 08 22:50:39 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): was aiming for the neck, but if the mouth is the biggest opening, sure
[Sat Sep 08 22:50:59 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Gossips had to hear you talking before they could Gossip. Unless you Aes Sedai can read minds"
[Sat Sep 08 22:51:07 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "She used to be a priestess of Almaril before she came to the Tower. Her leanings should be obvious."
[Sat Sep 08 22:51:22 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): Anyway - Thom heads on into the chamber. He moves to the staircase, looking up and down it to see what he can see, and than moves to the doorway and looks though it, then checks it for traps. At least - that's his plan.
[Sat Sep 08 22:51:37 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "I wouldn't put that talent past some."
[Sat Sep 08 22:51:50 2007] : (33) Daelan: " So we are too enter this statue Thom?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:51:59 2007] : (50) Asmodeus: (whispering): Atross just whispered at me accidentally i think?
[Sat Sep 08 22:52:19 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Obvious to someone from this world maybe who knew who Almaril was."
[Sat Sep 08 22:52:31 2007] : (43) Morti: :After entering the mouth and looking around, turns to Thom: "There is another staircase in the basin over there, probably the base of where the tower used to stand."
[Sat Sep 08 22:52:34 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I don't keep track of who does whom
[Sat Sep 08 22:52:44 2007] : ** (35) Thom calls out from inside the mouth "That's what I am checking on. There's more in here, not sure how much yet." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:52:54 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): can he see in the dark?
[Sat Sep 08 22:53:09 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "She likes men."
[Sat Sep 08 22:53:36 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): oh - well, you didn't say it was dark. And based on the desc, I thought I could see fine. Hmm, since Morti has entered the mouth I'll move this to the main window.'
[Sat Sep 08 22:53:47 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): i said it was quite dark
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:01 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a dark and hollow area
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:03 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): scroll up
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:13 2007] : (50) Asmodeus (exit): 22:54
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:15 2007] : ** (33) Daelan mutters to himself," Nothing good ever comes from swamps." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:20 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Ok, that still does not make her choice obvious to me. Could br Grey, Blue or Green or Yellow, or even brown for all I know."
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:34 2007] : ** (30) Cael nods in agreement. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:38 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): well yeah, but that would require me having to work, wouldn't it? :-) My bad.
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:42 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "No, you don't understand. She really likes men."
[Sat Sep 08 22:54:51 2007] : ** (42) Zarenna winks at you. **
[Sat Sep 08 22:55:15 2007] : ** (35) Thom has already moved near the staircase, but is running out of light when Morti makes his comment. "I see that Morti. Hey, do you still have that torch of yours?" **
[Sat Sep 08 22:55:39 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "I have known many a wanton woman who still have other goals. And Rhian has not told me of an Ajah that focuses on that sort of behavior."
[Sat Sep 08 22:55:46 2007] : ** (43) Morti arches a brow, waving said torch around. "Uh... yeah..." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:56:04 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): The Pink Ajah?
[Sat Sep 08 22:56:12 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Sep 08 22:56:21 2007] : ** (30) Cael moves behind Thom, pulling out his torch and lighting it. "Perhaps I could help." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:57:03 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks at the torch in Morti's hand. "Good, I uh, was making sure you knew it was there, or something... Forget it, this place is already getting to me. Come on Morti, your light will help me check this out." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:57:05 2007] : ** (43) Morti moves toward the stairs, seeing if they go anywhere, or just sink intothe muck **
[Sat Sep 08 22:57:19 2007] : (42) DM: The staircase leads up to another level through which there might be an archway leading into the back.
[Sat Sep 08 22:57:42 2007] : (42) DM: The arch to the right of the staircase (on the ground floor) is flooded.
[Sat Sep 08 22:58:20 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks to Morti. "I guess water is better than mud, but I am really getting sick of ruins in swamps." **
[Sat Sep 08 22:58:41 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves over to the opening,looking back at the others outside," Sevis,Atross,the rest have entered the statue.'' **
[Sat Sep 08 22:59:30 2007] : (29) Atross: "I suppose I will have to get my feet wet sooner or later."
[Sat Sep 08 22:59:33 2007] : (35) Thom: "And unless we want to go for a swim, it looks like we can head up. Should we get the others, or do you want to keep going?"
[Sat Sep 08 22:59:41 2007] : (35) Thom: (( to Morti. ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:00:50 2007] : ** (33) Daelan steps inside the statue,his eyes becoming accoustomed to the darkness inside. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:00:50 2007] : (43) Morti: "Well.. not sure if anything has taken this place as a home, so, I guess we should get the others before we go disturbing something nasty."
[Sat Sep 08 23:02:31 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks back to call the others in, but sees them starting to make their way already. "Seems easy enough," he says, indicating the others that have entered. Thom sits on the third stair of the staircase, waiting for the others to enter as well. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:03:08 2007] : ** (29) Atross steps up to the entrance, looking around. "Maybe sooner rather than later, in fact." **
[Sat Sep 08 23:03:13 2007] : (33) Daelan: " The last time we were in a swamp we faced a Daemon."
[Sat Sep 08 23:03:37 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "And got a boon from a Drake."
[Sat Sep 08 23:03:46 2007] : (43) Morti: :shrug: "Maybe we'll meet another one"
[Sat Sep 08 23:03:53 2007] : (30) Cael: "I believe I could have done without that little fact, as if this place doesn't already have me on edge."
[Sat Sep 08 23:04:58 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks over the group (just making sure everyone is indeed inside the mouth), "The others staying outside?" **
[Sat Sep 08 23:05:49 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Well Morti,who is this a statue of?"
[Sat Sep 08 23:06:09 2007] : (29) Atross: "We also fought a drake in a swamp, as well as that host of walking dead we put down, though you probably didn't need to hear about that either."
[Sat Sep 08 23:06:32 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens looks at Thom "Why, they could come in handy down there." **
[Sat Sep 08 23:06:41 2007] : ** (43) Morti stares up the stairs thoughtfully. "I wonder if anything survived the fall of the tower, which hasn't been looted or wrecked yet." :murmurs to himself before glancing to Daelan, answering, a bit too, proudly: @Morrigan, goddess of [email protected] **
[Sat Sep 08 23:07:23 2007] : ** (35) Thom starts laughing after Morti's comment, unable to stop for a few moments. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:07:48 2007] : (42) DM: Sound echoes inside the cavernous space behind the "mouth"...
[Sat Sep 08 23:07:53 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): are the NPCs going to enter?
[Sat Sep 08 23:08:04 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sat Sep 08 23:08:13 2007] : ** (30) Cael listens carefully, trying to identify the sounds. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:08:22 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): didn't think so, but Thom wanted to make sure before his next move.
[Sat Sep 08 23:08:24 2007] : (42) Drenla: "Oh, very well."
[Sat Sep 08 23:08:43 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "I'm afraid of the dark!"
[Sat Sep 08 23:08:51 2007] : (43) Morti: "People can wait outside if they want.. it is kind of filthy in here."
[Sat Sep 08 23:09:13 2007] : (35) Thom: "The goddess of destruction's own tower fell down. I wonder if it was her clerics that caused it."
[Sat Sep 08 23:09:21 2007] : ** (42) Rhian rolls her eyes and sighs to herself, but not before muttering, "not that afraid are you? to seek out the Black." **
[Sat Sep 08 23:09:25 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Well then make a light."
[Sat Sep 08 23:09:41 2007] : ** (43) Morti begins halfway up the stairs, looking back to Thom expectantly. "Dunno. But it is ironic, I guess." **
[Sat Sep 08 23:10:08 2007] : (42) Drenla: 'Well, it'll be interesting to see what's inside." (gingerly steps inside and grimaces with disgust)
[Sat Sep 08 23:10:45 2007] : (43) Morti: :to Drenla: "Told you it was filthy"
[Sat Sep 08 23:10:57 2007] : ** (35) Thom collects himself and takes hold of Morti's shoulder as he begins up the stairs. "Yeah, it would be. But let me go first Morti, I might see something waiting for us before you would. Just keep that light of yours close." **
[Sat Sep 08 23:11:01 2007] : (33) Daelan: " That is what happens when a god becomes forgotten,they fall like everything else.''
[Sat Sep 08 23:11:27 2007] : ** (43) Morti nods to Thom, obediently letting the older man take the lead. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:11:32 2007] : ** (35) Thom proceeds up the stairs, checking for traps. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:11:49 2007] : ** (30) Cael takes position near the middle of the group. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:12:24 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves past Morti,stepping up behind Thom. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:12:34 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not unless you count mildew as a trap
[Sat Sep 08 23:12:46 2007] : ** (33) Daelan reaches down and notches an arrow **
[Sat Sep 08 23:12:51 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): nasty - but not worthy of trap, no.
[Sat Sep 08 23:12:56 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): this area is remarkably free of vermin however
[Sat Sep 08 23:13:10 2007] : ** (35) Thom stops as Daelan steps into his light and truns around. "Yes Daelan?" **
[Sat Sep 08 23:13:54 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Just making sure nothing waits for us higher up as you look for traps is all.''
[Sat Sep 08 23:14:38 2007] : ** (43) Morti raises the blue flame over the elf to illuminate past him. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:14:57 2007] : (42) DM: An archway can be seen 10' beyond a landing at the head of the staircase. Hairline cracks in the walls allow slivers of dim light to enter from the outside. It's quite cool (and damp) here. What lies inside is not as visible from your vantage point.
[Sat Sep 08 23:14:59 2007] : (35) Thom: "But you are making it difficult for me to look for traps, seeing as how Morti has the light and you are between him and me. I'm sure that you can fire over Morti's head just as easily. So, if you don't mind, please let Morti remain behind me."
[Sat Sep 08 23:15:26 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 08 23:15:27 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): I just finished creating a 2nd char sheet with Sevis's last level as a wilder instead of a Psion. Figure since this game happens to be around Channelers right now, it would be a good time to start play testing the changes to the channeling classes
[Sat Sep 08 23:15:31 2007] : (33) Daelan: " As you wish.
[Sat Sep 08 23:15:48 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There's a glimpse of something all right....a HUGE segmented body in the interior.
[Sat Sep 08 23:15:55 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): or so you think
[Sat Sep 08 23:16:10 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Sep 08 23:16:14 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens stays at the back of the group, making sure Zarenna doesnt get too scared, and keeping an eye behind him to make sure nothing sneeks up on them **
[Sat Sep 08 23:16:21 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): we should think about the madness rating
[Sat Sep 08 23:16:40 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): since this is far removed from the world of the Wheel, it doesn't figure as much here but it's still present
[Sat Sep 08 23:16:46 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): http://wot.andurin.com/Weaves/Sanity.html
[Sat Sep 08 23:16:52 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I know about that
[Sat Sep 08 23:16:56 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I want to modify it
[Sat Sep 08 23:17:01 2007] : ** (35) Thom nods to Daelan and returns to leading the way. He pauses at the landing, but proceeds forward. "Morti, have you seen any signs of life at all, even vermin?" **
[Sat Sep 08 23:17:28 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): is that from the book?
[Sat Sep 08 23:17:32 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): or a modified version
[Sat Sep 08 23:17:35 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Nope
[Sat Sep 08 23:17:40 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if a modified version I need to read it then
[Sat Sep 08 23:17:41 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): A totaly differant version
[Sat Sep 08 23:17:44 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah
[Sat Sep 08 23:18:00 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok bookmarked
[Sat Sep 08 23:18:14 2007] : (43) Morti: "Not that I noticed, but this is a swamp. Most amphibians will just hide in the much rather than be seen. Also... the aura of this place might keep them away."
[Sat Sep 08 23:18:41 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): ah, how juvenile. ^)^
[Sat Sep 08 23:18:43 2007] : (42) DM: She's hiding behind Rhian. And from this vantage point, her age is all too obvious.
[Sat Sep 08 23:18:48 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): continue searching for traps along the 10 path, and then the doorway and see what lies beyond.
[Sat Sep 08 23:19:10 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there seems to be no traps that you can detect
[Sat Sep 08 23:19:22 2007] : ** (43) Morti steps up to be shoulder to shoudler with Dael, so Thom has his light, and the elf is still in ready postion to fire. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:19:34 2007] : (35) Thom: "Yeah, just seemed odd to me. Then again, I'm used to Highkeep."
[Sat Sep 08 23:19:56 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): then on to the doorway to see what is beyond - using the light from Morti's torch.
[Sat Sep 08 23:20:04 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Something HUGE within the interior of the room lunges forward and tries to bite you. It appears to be a colossal centipede.
[Sat Sep 08 23:20:21 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+18] => [7,18] = (25)
[Sat Sep 08 23:20:28 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): AC 25
[Sat Sep 08 23:20:35 2007] : ** (35) Thom hops back, most likely running into both Daelan and Morti. "Damn!" **
[Sat Sep 08 23:20:50 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): hit
[Sat Sep 08 23:21:02 2007] : ** (30) Cael takes a defensive stance as he tries to see what caused Thom' reaction. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:21:03 2007] : (42) DM: Something skitters in the room and flashes right by with blinding speed. Black, shiny segmented body...
[Sat Sep 08 23:21:05 2007] : (35) Thom: (( or tries to hop back... ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:21:06 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Basicly every weaves costs the male channelers some Sanity points. (0 - 10). Characters start with 99 Sanity points, and if they lose more then their Wisdom Mod in a single combat session then they need to roll a d% against their Sanity score. If it fails they go temperarily insane. Which lasts from 4 rounds to 100 hours
[Sat Sep 08 23:21:21 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [4d6+12] => [5,6,2,4,12] = (29)
[Sat Sep 08 23:21:29 2007] : ** (43) Morti scans the interior of the head as they go, looking for recognizable motifs on the walls, or onjects strewn about on teh floors, before Thom almost knocks him on his butt **
[Sat Sep 08 23:21:59 2007] : (35) Thom: "Ok, that one isn't normal. Remember what I was saying about vermin Morti, this one makes up for the lack."
[Sat Sep 08 23:22:16 2007] : (29) Atross: "What's going on up there?"
[Sat Sep 08 23:22:19 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Fort save
[Sat Sep 08 23:22:26 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 29 bite damage
[Sat Sep 08 23:22:27 2007] : ** (35) Thom remains back from the doorway, watching it intently. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:22:42 2007] : ** (43) Morti waves his torch toward the creature, trying to get a better look at it's nature **
[Sat Sep 08 23:22:56 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): wow! Uh, [1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
[Sat Sep 08 23:23:22 2007] : (42) DM: It's a colossal-sized insect. It's moving too fast for you to make out details but it's easily 60' long with millions of legs.
[Sat Sep 08 23:23:28 2007] : (42) DM: (not millions but enough)
[Sat Sep 08 23:23:38 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens sneaks up behind Zarenna and pokes her in the Ribs when he notices they have stoped moving **
[Sat Sep 08 23:23:48 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks at Morti as the little one steps closer, a good size gash now in Thom's side. "Careful, I think it's hungry." **
[Sat Sep 08 23:23:48 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] => [6,3] = (9)
[Sat Sep 08 23:23:54 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 9 Dex damage
[Sat Sep 08 23:23:58 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Some kind of large insect."
[Sat Sep 08 23:24:26 2007] : (42) DM: (load minis)
[Sat Sep 08 23:24:29 2007] : ** (43) Morti blinks, curious why the thing isn't rushing out the archway to devour them yet. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:25:07 2007] : ** (35) Thom steps sideways to put his back against the wall and tries to draw out his rapier, but he stumbles a step and ends up falling into the side wall, leaning against it. "Woah, got me better than I thought." **
[Sat Sep 08 23:25:51 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Some insects use poison Thom,perhaps you should remain still."
[Sat Sep 08 23:26:05 2007] : (42) DM: (not to scale obviously)
[Sat Sep 08 23:26:19 2007] : (42) DM: (but it has a reach of 20' fyi)
[Sat Sep 08 23:26:28 2007] : (35) Thom: (( I'm guessing the hole at the bottom is the hallway we are in. ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:27:02 2007] : (42) DM: (the room it's in is the interior of the "head" on the second floor. outside is the landing at the head of the stairs. you're on the stairs themselves
[Sat Sep 08 23:27:27 2007] : (42) DM: (so Daelan and Cael should be on the stairs or somewhere near)
[Sat Sep 08 23:28:04 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Sep 08 23:28:10 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that's probably better than the norm
[Sat Sep 08 23:28:14 2007] : (43) Morti: :to Thom: "Did you see anything in the room, other than the humungoid bug?"
[Sat Sep 08 23:28:19 2007] : (35) Thom: "And by the size of what I saw there, it probably has a lot of poison. Anyone who wants to fire at it from here, please do."
[Sat Sep 08 23:28:45 2007] : (35) Thom: "No, it kinda filled my entire view. That, and it was there as soon as I got close."
[Sat Sep 08 23:30:14 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ya, the version in the WoT confused me. So I searched for and found a better one. The site goes into ALOT more detail then I just did, but I figure I'll let you read it at leasure since it will be a little while before Sevis is in risk of going nuts :)
[Sat Sep 08 23:30:15 2007] : (42) DM: (init)
[Sat Sep 08 23:30:15 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): yes, it sounds cooler for the the gamer generation than colossal
[Sat Sep 08 23:30:26 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+10] => [17,10] = (27)
[Sat Sep 08 23:30:29 2007] : (30) Cael: Initiative: [1d20+3+4] => [8,3,4] = (15)
[Sat Sep 08 23:30:34 2007] : (29) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [18,5] = (23)
[Sat Sep 08 23:30:39 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): hmm.. wonder if a druid can befriend a colossal centipede...
[Sat Sep 08 23:30:52 2007] : (43) Morti: init: [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
[Sat Sep 08 23:31:09 2007] : (42) DM: (any others?)
[Sat Sep 08 23:31:17 2007] : (33) Daelan: Init: [1d20+2] => [3,2] = (5)
[Sat Sep 08 23:31:24 2007] : (35) Thom: [1d20+9-4] => [3,9,-4] = (8)
[Sat Sep 08 23:31:32 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] => [18,1] = (19)
[Sat Sep 08 23:31:46 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 08 23:31:46 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): (GW): ... I'm looking.
[Sat Sep 08 23:31:49 2007] : (35) Thom: (( was trying to calculate mine, and I still got it wrong... ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:32:32 2007] : (42) DM: (Sev, 27)
[Sat Sep 08 23:32:36 2007] : (35) Thom: (( -5, so on 7 for Thom. Slowest he's ever gone in this game... ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:33:17 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens is too far at the back to know why we stoped and just waits to hear whats going on **
[Sat Sep 08 23:34:03 2007] : (42) DM: (Atr, 23)
[Sat Sep 08 23:34:28 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Oh ya I forgot in my short summer that there is a Sanity buffer depending on how fast you want someone to go nuts. Either their Wisdom Mod, or their Character level. I recomend the Wisdom Mod one because then a character actualy has a chance of using Sanity points. If you use Character level and you only lose 0 - 10 Sanity points per weave, Sevis would have no risk of going nuts
[Sat Sep 08 23:34:30 2007] : (33) Daelan: INIT: [1d20+2] => [9,2] = (11)
[Sat Sep 08 23:34:30 2007] : (29) Atross: "Fire at will, huh?"
[Sat Sep 08 23:34:42 2007] : ** (29) Atross goes and does just that. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:34:52 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): *summery
[Sat Sep 08 23:34:52 2007] : (29) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [14,10,5,2,2,1] = (34)Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [14,10,5,2,2,1] = (34)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1] => [16,5,5,2,2,1] = (31)
[Sat Sep 08 23:34:54 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): sorry hit the wrong button
[Sat Sep 08 23:35:49 2007] : (42) DM: (all 3 hit)
[Sat Sep 08 23:35:59 2007] : (29) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [10,3,2,2,1] = (18) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
[Sat Sep 08 23:36:00 2007] : (29) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [5,3,2,2,1] = (13) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Sat Sep 08 23:36:02 2007] : (29) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [8,3,2,2,1] = (16) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Sat Sep 08 23:36:20 2007] : (42) DM: (total damage?)
[Sat Sep 08 23:36:30 2007] : (29) Atross: ((Total of 47 in arrows, 6 fire.))
[Sat Sep 08 23:38:11 2007] : ** (29) Atross sticks all three shots squarely into the monstrously humungous centipede. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:38:23 2007] : (42) DM: A hail of flaming arrows peppers it, causing it to writhe in agony. It lashes out in response blindly at Thom.
[Sat Sep 08 23:38:40 2007] : (42) DM: (aoo)
[Sat Sep 08 23:39:11 2007] : (42) DM: (Aoo by Thom and others, if applicable. Remember it has a reach of 20'.)
[Sat Sep 08 23:39:34 2007] : (35) Thom: (( Thom didn't get a weapon out yet... and I don't think anyone else is close enough ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:39:42 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+18] => [6,18] = (24)
[Sat Sep 08 23:39:59 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): AC 24
[Sat Sep 08 23:39:59 2007] : (33) Daelan: ( can't aoo with a bow)
[Sat Sep 08 23:40:12 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): damn, easy hit now...
[Sat Sep 08 23:40:20 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [4d6+12] => [4,5,3,3,12] = (27)
[Sat Sep 08 23:40:30 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 27 bite damage and Fort save
[Sat Sep 08 23:40:47 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27) - well, Thom was fun while he lasted....
[Sat Sep 08 23:40:52 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): sweet!
[Sat Sep 08 23:40:55 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that was a success silly
[Sat Sep 08 23:41:14 2007] : (42) DM: (Mor, 18)
[Sat Sep 08 23:42:12 2007] : (29) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((I'm working on that problem, Daelan, I assure you.))
[Sat Sep 08 23:42:18 2007] : ** (43) Morti quickly grab a glass rod from his pocket, murmuring arcane invocations, hs rubs the glass vigorously against the fur lining of his coat. Static builds unnaturally, and the rod illuminates suddenly with electricity. As he finishes his spell, he holds forth the rod, firing forth a bolt of streaking lightning (Lightning Bolt: [8d6] => [4,5,5,6,2,6,6,6] = (40) , dc 16 **
[Sat Sep 08 23:43:23 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): yeah, but I was expecting a low roll, it was time for one... Oh, and at 19hp now.
[Sat Sep 08 23:43:27 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] => [16,9] = (25)
[Sat Sep 08 23:43:35 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): made it
[Sat Sep 08 23:43:55 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): half dmg then
[Sat Sep 08 23:43:59 2007] : (42) DM: (Cael, 15)
[Sat Sep 08 23:44:07 2007] : (42) DM: (it saved, fyi.)
[Sat Sep 08 23:45:11 2007] : (42) DM: The bolt sizzles in the air and strikes the ground near it. It moves with blinding speed surprisingly enough, though it is still somewhat injured.
[Sat Sep 08 23:45:22 2007] : ** (30) Cael pulls an arrow from his quiver, it begins to crack with electricity. He lets it loose at the centipede. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:45:30 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): not getting a direct hit on something the size of a bus.. that's just sad
[Sat Sep 08 23:45:49 2007] : (30) Cael: Weapon 1 Attack: [1d20+7] => [2,7] = (9) ==> DAMAGE [2d6] => [1,4] = (5)
[Sat Sep 08 23:46:02 2007] : (42) DM: (erm)
[Sat Sep 08 23:46:06 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): (GW): That hurts too...
[Sat Sep 08 23:46:25 2007] : (30) Cael: (( What? ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:46:30 2007] : (42) DM: (don't think that hit)
[Sat Sep 08 23:46:43 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): hope that didn't hit me in the back of the head
[Sat Sep 08 23:46:46 2007] : (30) Cael: (( Oh, no, I was sure of that, thought I screwed something up ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:46:56 2007] : (42) DM: (Thm, 7)
[Sat Sep 08 23:47:26 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): (GW): ... I would have healed you.
[Sat Sep 08 23:47:30 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): you might want to pull back then
[Sat Sep 08 23:48:14 2007] : ** (35) Thom grunts as the vermin bites him again, opening another large wound. Thom tries to move back away from the doorway as blood pours from his wounds. ((Make way, injured man who doesn't want to die coming through...)) **
[Sat Sep 08 23:49:14 2007] : (35) Thom: (( moving back down the stairs, let's say another 15 feet down, half base movement. ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:49:15 2007] : (42) DM: (Dael, 5)
[Sat Sep 08 23:49:49 2007] : ** (33) Daelan brings his bow up and fires off three arrows as fast as he can at the creature. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:50:01 2007] : (33) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [15,21] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [7,3,1,0] = (11)
[Sat Sep 08 23:50:02 2007] : (33) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [5,21] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [3,3,2,0] = (8)
[Sat Sep 08 23:50:02 2007] : (33) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [6,16] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [6,3,3,0] = (12)
[Sat Sep 08 23:50:46 2007] : (42) DM: Arrows rain at the creature and pierce its scales and soft underbelly. (31 damage)
[Sat Sep 08 23:50:58 2007] : (42) DM: (Sev, 27)
[Sat Sep 08 23:51:14 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Sorry gota go beat up the monster, dont go wandering off Zarenna" ** takes off to the front of the group, jumping, dodging and weaving to avoid getting bitten by the creature on his way in **
[Sat Sep 08 23:51:20 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Tumble (Dex): [1d20+4+6+0-0] => [20,4,6,0,0] = (30)
[Sat Sep 08 23:51:45 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Attack: [1d20+10+6+3] => [9,10,6,3] = (28) Damage: [2d6+3+3] => [6,2,3,3] = (14)
[Sat Sep 08 23:51:45 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): If I have firey weapon active add [2d8] => [1,5] = (6) fire damage
[Sat Sep 08 23:51:46 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens throws a high kick into the face of his foe **
[Sat Sep 08 23:52:48 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ignore the Fire Damage since I dont have it activated
[Sat Sep 08 23:52:58 2007] : ** (42) Zarenna nods and stands with Rhian and Drenla, looking around her. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:53:23 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so that hits
[Sat Sep 08 23:54:03 2007] : (42) Zarenna: (it gets an aoo I believe)
[Sat Sep 08 23:54:19 2007] : (42) DM: (hm, alias library is broken)
[Sat Sep 08 23:54:20 2007] : (35) Thom: (( unless Sevis was using Tumble... ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:54:20 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( thats what the Tumble check was to avoid ))
[Sat Sep 08 23:54:24 2007] : (42) DM: (I see)
[Sat Sep 08 23:54:29 2007] : (43) Morti: (unless sevis can tumble that far in one move action)
[Sat Sep 08 23:54:37 2007] : (42) DM: (Atr, 23)
[Sat Sep 08 23:55:36 2007] : ** (29) Atross doesn't let up on the barrage, even as Sevis kicks his way into the fray. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:56:06 2007] : (29) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [3,10,5,2,2,1] = (23) Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [6,10,5,2,2,1] = (26)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1] => [5,5,5,2,2,1] = (20)
[Sat Sep 08 23:56:06 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): For healing spells, do you want me to simply roll the die in the main chat window, or just to the person I'm healing?
[Sat Sep 08 23:56:14 2007] : (42) DM: (1 hit)
[Sat Sep 08 23:56:24 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): main window
[Sat Sep 08 23:56:24 2007] : (29) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [8,3,2,2,1] = (16) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Sat Sep 08 23:56:30 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): Okay
[Sat Sep 08 23:56:48 2007] : (42) DM: One arrow is enough to roast it, as it collapses with a loud thud.
[Sat Sep 08 23:57:50 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens kicks it one last time for good mesure, the heads back to Rhian and Zarenna **
[Sat Sep 08 23:57:51 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves back and inspects Thoms wounds. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:57:55 2007] : ** (30) Cael begins to examine Thom's wounds as the creature falls. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:58:08 2007] : ** (35) Thom collapses in his spot on the stirs. "Damn, only two hits too." **
[Sat Sep 08 23:58:15 2007] : (30) Cael: Heal: [1d20+4+6+1] => [2,4,6,1] = (13)
[Sat Sep 08 23:58:22 2007] : ** (43) Morti sighs with relief as the monster falls, and looks back to Thom in worry. **
[Sat Sep 08 23:58:43 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): I check to see if he was poisoned.
[Sat Sep 08 23:59:04 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Cael let me see if he has been poisoned."
[Sat Sep 08 23:59:25 2007] : (30) Cael: "No offense to you my friend, but, I'm well versed in this areaq as well."
[Sat Sep 08 23:59:32 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))

[Sun Sep 09 00:00:00 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes he was
[Sun Sep 09 00:00:14 2007] : ** (35) Thom just sits there as he gets examined. "Hey, two sets of eyes are better than one, and that counts for yours as well Daelan." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:00:34 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the poison in his system will later deal a certain amount of damage
[Sun Sep 09 00:00:38 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not sure how much
[Sun Sep 09 00:00:39 2007] : (30) Cael: Cure: Cael begins speaking in an unknown language and waving his hands, laying a hand on Thom's shoulder, healing energies pulse through him. (( Cure Moderate Wounds ==> 2d8+10 ))
[Sun Sep 09 00:00:46 2007] : (30) Cael: Bah...
[Sun Sep 09 00:00:51 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but should be able to be cured
[Sun Sep 09 00:00:54 2007] : (30) Cael: (( Oops ))
[Sun Sep 09 00:01:00 2007] : ** (43) Morti crouches on the steps, waiting for the elves to decide on Thom's condition **
[Sun Sep 09 00:01:05 2007] : (30) Cael: [2d8+10] => [6,2,10] = (18)
[Sun Sep 09 00:01:06 2007] : ** (29) Atross looks around the upper landing while Thom is being apparently fought over. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:01:42 2007] : ** (33) Daelan reaches into his pack and looks around,then pulls out a vial of yellowish looking liquid." It will cure the poison in your body." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:02:36 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): good thing I have 4 well now 3 vials of antitoxin
[Sun Sep 09 00:02:39 2007] : ** (35) Thom takes the potion from Daelan and downs it without a thought. After swallowing, he looks at Daelan, "Thanks." As his worst wounds start to heal, he looks at Cael, "You too." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:03:00 2007] : (30) Cael: "How are you feeling?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:03:24 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The room beyond is empty...even of vermin (apart from its sole occupant)
[Sun Sep 09 00:03:37 2007] : (35) Thom: "I've been better, but I am have also been worse - like a minute ago."
[Sun Sep 09 00:03:38 2007] : ** (43) Morti gives a random nod, after noting Thom is alright, and turns to head upstairs after Atross, to see what chamber the centipede made its home in. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:03:59 2007] : ** (33) Daelan takes the empty vial,rinses it out,then carefully repacks it in his pack. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:04:00 2007] : (42) DM: The chamber beyond is otherwise empty.
[Sun Sep 09 00:04:35 2007] : ** (33) Daelan stands and follows the others up the stairs. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:04:37 2007] : (35) Thom: (( as in, you basically double his hp, but he is still well under half his total... ))
[Sun Sep 09 00:04:52 2007] : (1) Questing Beast (enter): 00:04
[Sun Sep 09 00:05:14 2007] : ** (35) Thom stands as well, moving up the stairs to see the body of the beast that got him so good. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:05:29 2007] : (42) DM: It seems to be picked clean of every possible living thing. Something that large needs a lot of food apparently.
[Sun Sep 09 00:05:53 2007] : (30) Cael: "Would this perhaps be the supposed guardian?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:06:05 2007] : (35) Thom: (( I think we are more interested in nonliving things, like treasure. :-P ))
[Sun Sep 09 00:06:09 2007] : (29) Atross: "I highly doubt it."
[Sun Sep 09 00:06:15 2007] : (42) DM: (of course. =P)
[Sun Sep 09 00:06:38 2007] : (1) Questing Beast (exit): 00:06
[Sun Sep 09 00:06:48 2007] : (43) Morti: "I thought it was just an animal. I'm kinda sorry we disturbed it."
[Sun Sep 09 00:07:19 2007] : ** (35) Thom takes in the sight of the dead monsterous centipede. "Hey, it striked first. I only looked in and it took out a piece of my stomach." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:07:52 2007] : (43) Morti: "True.. but this is its home we're invading."
[Sun Sep 09 00:08:19 2007] : (35) Thom: "Yeah, but it still hurt."
[Sun Sep 09 00:08:29 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "So have we found what we came here for yet?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:08:47 2007] : ** (43) Morti talks while surveying the chamber, looking for old objects or symbols, scriptures or such on the walls. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:09:10 2007] : ** (35) Thom starts searching the room as well. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:09:15 2007] : (43) Morti: :to Thom: "I think the home owner got it worse."
[Sun Sep 09 00:09:45 2007] : ** (30) Cael begins to join the search, but not before looking at Sevis, "I'm afraid not." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:10:21 2007] : (35) Thom: "Not yet Sevis. Yes it did Morti, but I honestly must say I do not wish it the other way."
[Sun Sep 09 00:10:39 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): More of the same -- images relating to destruction, secrets and vengeance
[Sun Sep 09 00:11:09 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lightning bolts, ravens and crossed swords are prominent.
[Sun Sep 09 00:11:09 2007] : ** (43) Morti just nods to Thom, while perusing the images on the walls. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:11:44 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It really is empty.
[Sun Sep 09 00:11:45 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Sep 09 00:12:03 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): ravens.. eh..?
[Sun Sep 09 00:12:04 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you find nothing apart from debris and a centipede. :P
[Sun Sep 09 00:12:10 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Sep 09 00:12:13 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): lol - oh, and I take it that Daelan's potion did not heal the 9 Dex, but it prevented further damage, right?
[Sun Sep 09 00:12:17 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Sep 09 00:12:28 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens shrugs and hangs out by Rhian ans Zarenna while the others look for whatever it is they are looking for **
[Sun Sep 09 00:12:41 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): I just pray to every god and aspect on Andurin that it is Temp ability damage...
[Sun Sep 09 00:13:18 2007] : ** (35) Thom moves back to where they came in. "I got nothing. That means the flooded doorway I guess." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:13:59 2007] : ** (43) Morti gives the room a final sweep of detect magic, before giving up. Not quite sure what he's looking for, a focal point perhaps. More likely, just curious what he'll sense. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:14:02 2007] : ** (42) Zarenna shivers as she looks around her uncomfortably. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:14:20 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no magicka
[Sun Sep 09 00:14:52 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Scared of giant bugs too?" ** he asks jokingly **
[Sun Sep 09 00:14:57 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): seeing if the whole head gives off magick, or just something within
[Sun Sep 09 00:15:03 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): nvm then
[Sun Sep 09 00:15:06 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Do bad I don't have control water prepared...
[Sun Sep 09 00:15:10 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Too*
[Sun Sep 09 00:15:44 2007] : (35) Thom: (( going for a smoke myself now... ))
[Sun Sep 09 00:15:45 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): I could polymorph or alter self to something amphibious. He wants to go for a swim?
[Sun Sep 09 00:16:21 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "This is so far removed from what I know."
[Sun Sep 09 00:17:11 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "You need to get out more."
[Sun Sep 09 00:17:51 2007] : ** (43) Morti sighs, turning from his investigations to the dead beast laying in the chamber. Clasping his hands, he offers a prayer of apology to the dead centipede. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:18:40 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens arches an eyebrow at Morti "It's a giant bug Morti" **
[Sun Sep 09 00:19:31 2007] : (43) Morti: :doesn't stop his prayer, but offers to the monk politely: "And it died for no reason. I'm just apologizing."
[Sun Sep 09 00:19:39 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I did not see any armor near the flooded area,and I know of no paladins that would leave thier armor behind."
[Sun Sep 09 00:19:55 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens shrugs **
[Sun Sep 09 00:20:35 2007] : (30) Cael: "Though I can't be sure, since the adventurers that came before us found and returned the body to the village, I'd assume the armor was taken with the body."
[Sun Sep 09 00:21:18 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens looks to Cael "So what exactly are we looking for here?" **
[Sun Sep 09 00:21:43 2007] : (29) Atross: "True... but he has a point. I doubt the paladin would have chosen to go for a swim here."
[Sun Sep 09 00:21:52 2007] : ** (43) Morti eventually finishes his prayer, straightens his stance, draws a deep breath, takes one last look around the chamber, then heads back downstairs. "I guess we head for the basi next then." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:22:07 2007] : (43) Morti: (basin even)
[Sun Sep 09 00:22:10 2007] : (30) Cael: "Something that will solve Ruairi's problem, as well as the spirit of the Paladin."
[Sun Sep 09 00:22:26 2007] : (35) Thom: "The basin? Was there something there?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:23:31 2007] : ** (43) Morti nods to Thom, "Yeah, it's back toward the half-elf woman over there. It goes down into what used to be the base of the tower. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:24:01 2007] : ** (35) Thom nods to Morti and follows the magus to the basin. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:24:17 2007] : ** (43) Morti leads the way. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:24:18 2007] : ** (30) Cael joins Morti and Thom. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:24:35 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens falls to rear guard as they move **
[Sun Sep 09 00:24:49 2007] : (42) DM: (so you're not looking into the flooded area then?)
[Sun Sep 09 00:24:54 2007] : (42) DM: (just want to make sure)
[Sun Sep 09 00:25:03 2007] : (43) Morti: (not yet anyway)
[Sun Sep 09 00:25:25 2007] : (42) DM: (k)
[Sun Sep 09 00:26:01 2007] : (42) DM: The basin (or depression in the ground) contains a stone spiral staircase that presumably was the center of the tower/temple/statue
[Sun Sep 09 00:26:12 2007] : (42) DM: The staircase descends into the ground.
[Sun Sep 09 00:26:26 2007] : (42) DM: (area 4 on the map above)
[Sun Sep 09 00:27:13 2007] : ** (33) Daelan stops near Atross," I see you listened when I told you how to fire you first arrow,about pushing the bow forward instead of drawing back on the string." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:27:33 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks down into the depths. "Well, let's try this again, shall we?" **
[Sun Sep 09 00:28:11 2007] : ** (43) Morti quirks his head aside, as he looks to thom, wondering what he means. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:28:45 2007] : ** (35) Thom begins to head down the staircase, searching for traps as he goes. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:29:06 2007] : (29) Atross: "Yep. It was a lot more steady."
[Sun Sep 09 00:29:57 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): stairs lead to room 1 fyi
[Sun Sep 09 00:30:17 2007] : ** (43) Morti follows after Thom, giving him plenty of space to work though. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:30:52 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): Thom gets deja vu in looking at the map. :-)
[Sun Sep 09 00:31:15 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): I take it the map is showing stairs down to 3, right?
[Sun Sep 09 00:31:35 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves up near Morti. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:31:45 2007] : (43) Morti: (brb)
[Sun Sep 09 00:31:46 2007] : ** (35) Thom enters the first room and takes a moment to look around it, making sure there are no traps within the room. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:32:05 2007] : (42) DM: The stairs descend to the rear of a cavernous chamber. A thin layer of mud and slime covers the floor of this dark chamber. Hunched in the middle of the room, nearly scraping the 10' high ceiling, is a hulking creature with an insectoid head, enormous mandibles and great claws that drag on the floor.

It is still and does not appear to notice you.

A stone door stands closed at the far end of the room.

[Sun Sep 09 00:32:41 2007] : (35) Thom: (( scratch that then. ))
[Sun Sep 09 00:32:47 2007] : (42) DM: A tunnel (not shown on the map above) leads from the chamber, to the east.
[Sun Sep 09 00:33:08 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes but that's through the closed door
[Sun Sep 09 00:33:37 2007] : ** (35) Thom pauses upon seeing the creature before them. "Looks like we got more company he tells those near him as he draws out his rapier. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:33:58 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): Just making sure that I understand how the map works.
[Sun Sep 09 00:34:26 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The creature gives off no heat...
[Sun Sep 09 00:34:59 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens slows to a stop "Looks like I have to goto work again, stay safe, and keep an eye behind up." ** moves up to the front with Thom **
[Sun Sep 09 00:35:50 2007] : (33) Daelan: " It gives off no heat Thom.''
[Sun Sep 09 00:36:48 2007] : (42) DM: It does not react to your presence.
[Sun Sep 09 00:37:21 2007] : ** (35) Thom slowly moves to the side, keeping an eye on the creature, as he makes his way slowly to the tunnel. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:38:00 2007] : (42) DM: It remains still.
[Sun Sep 09 00:38:05 2007] : (29) Atross: "You mean it's decorative? Could be a trap."
[Sun Sep 09 00:38:24 2007] : (42) DM: The tunnel extends for a long distance....as in many, many hundreds of feet.
[Sun Sep 09 00:38:32 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): (GW): I have a Scimitar...
[Sun Sep 09 00:38:38 2007] : ** (35) Thom moves to the wall near the tunnel, and peers over his shoulder to see if he can see down the tunnel. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:38:53 2007] : (42) DM: It appears as if it was not made naturally.
[Sun Sep 09 00:39:09 2007] : (43) Morti: "undead perhaps?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:39:13 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Either it is dead,or it shed this skin."
[Sun Sep 09 00:39:14 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can't
[Sun Sep 09 00:39:51 2007] : (43) Morti: (is it moving?)
[Sun Sep 09 00:39:54 2007] : (42) DM: (nope)
[Sun Sep 09 00:39:59 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Some insects can shed thier skin."
[Sun Sep 09 00:40:05 2007] : ** (35) Thom ignites his rapier with a thought, as fire liacks around the blade. Using the light, he tries to see more about the tunnel. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:40:38 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Hee hee hee! Skriku sees you have found what you were looking for, yes?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:40:46 2007] : (43) Morti: :to Daelan: "But they don't leave perfect casings just standing around."
[Sun Sep 09 00:40:51 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens waits as not too far from the creature in case it comes to life, and letting the others move past him **
[Sun Sep 09 00:40:57 2007] : (42) DM: The voice of the crone echoes inside the entry chamber.
[Sun Sep 09 00:41:18 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It extends for a long distance to the east and appears to have been made some time ago.
[Sun Sep 09 00:41:19 2007] : (30) Cael: (whispering): (GW): How'd I know she'd show up again...
[Sun Sep 09 00:41:32 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Crazy old bat."
[Sun Sep 09 00:41:58 2007] : (35) Thom: "And what does it matter to you that we have?" Thom asks the air.
[Sun Sep 09 00:42:13 2007] : ** (43) Morti looks up at the crone's voice. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:42:22 2007] : ** (33) Daelan fires 3 arrows into the non-moving insect. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:43:09 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Skriku made an agreement and means to keep her side of the bargain! Hee hee hee!"
[Sun Sep 09 00:43:34 2007] : (43) Morti: "Agreement..?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:43:43 2007] : (30) Cael: "With whom did you make this agreement?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:43:57 2007] : (42) DM: Your arrows strike the creature with a loud "TING" and fall to the floor, their heads broken.
[Sun Sep 09 00:44:15 2007] : (29) Atross: "I hate to bring this up, but it could have been petrified."
[Sun Sep 09 00:44:31 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Skriku respects power above all else. You! You are fools and deserve to die. Hah!"
[Sun Sep 09 00:45:04 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Skriku knows of the paladin who came here and how she met her end. Skriku knows! Hee hee hee!"
[Sun Sep 09 00:45:24 2007] : (43) Morti: "Do I really deserve to die for that?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:45:26 2007] : ** (35) Thom starts moving away from the tunnel and back near the stairs. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:45:49 2007] : (35) Thom: (( the ones up, not the ones behind the closed doors. ))
[Sun Sep 09 00:45:51 2007] : ** (29) Atross answers to the air, "We're going to really disappoint you when you find out people don't always get what you think they deserve." **
[Sun Sep 09 00:46:06 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Oh, Skriku will exact payment for the death of her pet, yes? Yes!"
[Sun Sep 09 00:46:13 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I told you we should have killed her when we had the chance,what is the death of one more Edain?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:46:18 2007] : (42) DM: The voice dies away.
[Sun Sep 09 00:46:44 2007] : (43) Morti: "Pet...?" :thinks: "The Centipede?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:46:47 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Whats the death of one more Elf?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:47:34 2007] : (42) DM: The "creature" appears to be a metallic statue.
[Sun Sep 09 00:47:47 2007] : (42) DM: (or it's made of metal)
[Sun Sep 09 00:48:06 2007] : (33) Daelan: " A tragedy Sevis."
[Sun Sep 09 00:48:31 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Same with the death of a mere human. At least to some."
[Sun Sep 09 00:49:53 2007] : ** (35) Thom keeps scanning the room, waiting for whatever it is that the crone has planned. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:50:44 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Well lets keep moving. Dont want to hang out with a metal bug"
[Sun Sep 09 00:50:47 2007] : (42) DM: The room appears to be empty.
[Sun Sep 09 00:51:33 2007] : (33) Daelan: " It is hard to mourn someone who lives for such a short time,what knowledge or wisdom you obtain in your life you take with you when you die,while others tend to write tomes of what they have learned so that the next generation can learn from them too.''
[Sun Sep 09 00:52:18 2007] : (35) Thom: "That tunnel extends for quite some distance, and seems quite old. Of course, there are also the doors over there. So, which way?"
[Sun Sep 09 00:52:51 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Some humans write tomes as well, and our lives are not short to us, your is just freakishly long."
[Sun Sep 09 00:52:59 2007] : (43) Morti: :shrugs to Thom: "It's slimy tunnels either way."
[Sun Sep 09 00:53:00 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Dirt can be seen encrusted on the claws of the "bug" as well as its "feet".
[Sun Sep 09 00:53:07 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Let us check out the area here first,then we can go down the tunnel later."
[Sun Sep 09 00:53:48 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): I'd be more interested in dust than dirt...
[Sun Sep 09 00:55:09 2007] : ** (35) Thom nods and moves over to the doors, passing mere feet by the "statue". **
[Sun Sep 09 00:55:39 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): making sure it doesn't react to me moving so close...
[Sun Sep 09 00:55:53 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): I have an idea about it, but THom doesn't.
[Sun Sep 09 00:57:09 2007] : ** (35) Thom moves to the doors and checks them out for traps, then listens at it before seeing if it is locked. **
[Sun Sep 09 00:59:10 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18),[1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
[Sun Sep 09 00:59:42 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's trapped, and locked. You can't hear anything beyond.
[Sun Sep 09 01:00:02 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): great... try disable trap.
[Sun Sep 09 01:00:24 2007] : ** (35) Thom takes a deep breath. "Keep back everyone, it's trapped." **
[Sun Sep 09 01:00:49 2007] : ** (33) Daelan steps away from Thom **
[Sun Sep 09 01:00:51 2007] : ** (35) Thom starts moving around the door, fiddling with things. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:00:54 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [4,15] = (19)
[Sun Sep 09 01:01:08 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 01:01:35 2007] : ** (43) Morti waits by the stairs **
[Sun Sep 09 01:01:42 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): search again, to double check.
[Sun Sep 09 01:01:52 2007] : (42) DM: A pair of crossed lightning bolts appears to be emblazoned/engraved on the door.
[Sun Sep 09 01:02:10 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [13,13] = (26)
[Sun Sep 09 01:02:16 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): still trapped
[Sun Sep 09 01:03:04 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): whew - glad I checked. Let's try disable again, followed by a search. And remember with amazing luck I can reroll, so if I get a 1 or 2, reroll it.
[Sun Sep 09 01:03:32 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [12,15] = (27)
[Sun Sep 09 01:03:36 2007] : ** (29) Atross takes cover around the corner of the tunnel. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:03:36 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 01:03:48 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [16,13] = (29)
[Sun Sep 09 01:03:59 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's possible you were successful. :)
[Sun Sep 09 01:04:12 2007] : ** (30) Cael stays what he hopes is a safe distance away, while still being able to see Thom. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:05:09 2007] : ** (35) Thom works on the door for quite some time, pausing to look over it again, returning to work, and then looking over it again. With a sigh, he kneels down and begins working on the lock. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:05:23 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): I really hate you at times... :-P
[Sun Sep 09 01:05:26 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] => [9,20] = (29)
[Sun Sep 09 01:05:38 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and you're able to open it
[Sun Sep 09 01:05:41 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): :)
[Sun Sep 09 01:05:45 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): moving on to unlocking...
[Sun Sep 09 01:06:07 2007] : ** (35) Thom puts his tools away and opens the door. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:07:06 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Something tells me that the paladin did not go this way either,I do not think they posess the skills to do what Thom just did."
[Sun Sep 09 01:07:07 2007] : (42) DM: A flight of stone stairs heads down. Muddy tracks can be seen leading further in.
[Sun Sep 09 01:07:39 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): I study the tracks to see if they match those from outside.
[Sun Sep 09 01:07:40 2007] : (35) Thom: "Unless the crone put them in place after. Besides, the paladin had company."
[Sun Sep 09 01:08:23 2007] : (35) Thom: "And, someone was down here," he adds, indicating the tracks.
[Sun Sep 09 01:08:26 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): two sets of heavily armored people and a set of someone or something with a shuffling gait
[Sun Sep 09 01:08:56 2007] : ** (35) Thom starts down the stairs, searching for traps. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:09:18 2007] : ** (30) Cael follows behind, still keeping a safe distance. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:09:24 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Well three did go down the stairs,two wore heavy armor the third is the shuffling one."
[Sun Sep 09 01:13:59 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens falls back to rear guard as they move down the stairs **
[Sun Sep 09 01:14:45 2007] : ** (43) Morti follows along, toting the light **
[Sun Sep 09 01:15:18 2007] : ** (29) Atross falls in near the middle again. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:15:44 2007] : (42) DM: The stairs lead down into an octagonal chamber that has a number of exits. The floor is covered in a checkerboard pattern, roughly 4 squares across and three squares deep. Floating above six squares are six glass spheres, each filled with a different colored liquid.
[Sun Sep 09 01:15:57 2007] : (42) DM: The chamber is dimly lit but bright enough to permit vision.
[Sun Sep 09 01:16:30 2007] : (35) Thom: "Damn, this just screams trap, doesn't it?"
[Sun Sep 09 01:16:40 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Yup"
[Sun Sep 09 01:17:08 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I agree Thom.
[Sun Sep 09 01:17:11 2007] : (42) DM: The spheres are: viscous crimson, translucent green, opaque blue, crystal clear gold, opaque gray and translucent light blue.
[Sun Sep 09 01:17:19 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Think you can disarm it?"
[Sun Sep 09 01:17:47 2007] : (35) Thom: "You know, we could fairly easily take care of those spheres, but then the liquids would be all over the floor.
[Sun Sep 09 01:17:58 2007] : (43) Morti: "Hmmm...?" :eyes the floating spheres curiously, wondering over any practical reason for such a set up. (knowledge arana check?)
[Sun Sep 09 01:18:05 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Sep 09 01:18:11 2007] : (35) Thom: "Not sure. I don't even now how it's trapped yet - it just feels like one."
[Sun Sep 09 01:18:14 2007] : (43) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [16,18] = (34)
[Sun Sep 09 01:18:26 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the spheres are filled with potions.
[Sun Sep 09 01:18:54 2007] : ** (35) Thom searches the floor nearest the stairs for traps, but does not move off the stairs. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:19:59 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the placement of the spheres is important or so you think.
[Sun Sep 09 01:20:15 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21)
[Sun Sep 09 01:20:24 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well the floor is trapped. :)
[Sun Sep 09 01:20:47 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): the potions positioned over any certain color tiles or defined pattern?
[Sun Sep 09 01:21:11 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if you take a look at the map above, the spheres are shown where they're placed roughly
[Sun Sep 09 01:21:24 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): all of it, or only certain squares?
[Sun Sep 09 01:21:33 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I listed the colors of the spheres from left to right and from top to bottom
[Sun Sep 09 01:22:04 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the spheres are floating 5' above the floor
[Sun Sep 09 01:22:42 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): only certain squares but it's impossible to move from the stairs to the exits without crossing at least one square with a sphere.
[Sun Sep 09 01:23:46 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): even hoping? I was hoping that it would be every other one, like the black ones trapped, the white ones not. But that would be too easy, huh?
[Sun Sep 09 01:23:48 2007] : (43) Morti: "Potions in the spheres.. maybe their effect is bestowed when passing under of by them on the floor." :Cocks his head in thoguht.: "Not sure. Traps aren't my strong suit."
[Sun Sep 09 01:23:59 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Sep 09 01:24:11 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): And yes, I know there aren't actually white and black ones, but since you mentioned checkerboard - that's where my mind went.
[Sun Sep 09 01:25:34 2007] : (35) Thom: "Well, there is definately traps that connect the floor to the spheres. Unfortunately, it seems to be layed out in a manner that means we can't just hops to certain areas and avoid the traps though."
[Sun Sep 09 01:25:37 2007] : ** (43) Morti takes a moment, focusing his mind on the spheres, trying to get a feel for what magick and strength they hold. (Detect magick and spellcrafts to determine school and power of potions) **
[Sun Sep 09 01:25:43 2007] : (43) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [9,18] = (27)
[Sun Sep 09 01:25:44 2007] : (43) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [14,18] = (32)
[Sun Sep 09 01:25:45 2007] : (43) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [10,18] = (28)
[Sun Sep 09 01:25:45 2007] : (43) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [14,18] = (32)
[Sun Sep 09 01:25:46 2007] : (43) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [20,18] = (38)
[Sun Sep 09 01:25:47 2007] : (43) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [15,18] = (33)
[Sun Sep 09 01:27:11 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): So Thom would move onto an area that wasn't trapped in order to check more of the floor. Even with jumping over trapped sections of the floor - no way to make it all the way?
[Sun Sep 09 01:28:01 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): all moderately strong
[Sun Sep 09 01:28:48 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): evocation, necromantic, evocation, necromantic, transmutation, evocation
[Sun Sep 09 01:28:55 2007] : (43) Morti: :mutters as he scans: "Could be a simple visual puzzle, like, follow the clear potions, like the clear path. Or could be color based, did you see any color patterns on the walls or anything? Maybe it's really complex, working off some kind of weird equation factoring elements in the potions to numerical values, for all I know."
[Sun Sep 09 01:28:55 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in the order I listed above
[Sun Sep 09 01:29:33 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you'll cross under one square that contains a sphere
[Sun Sep 09 01:29:49 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): which one?
[Sun Sep 09 01:30:29 2007] : (42) DM: (clarification: the spheres are positioned over intersections of squares -- so it's impossible to make it to one side or the other without triggering less than one sphere.)
[Sun Sep 09 01:30:30 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): ar the brown dots on the map the locations of the balls?
[Sun Sep 09 01:30:54 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Sep 09 01:31:08 2007] : (43) Morti: "Or, if it's based off of the effects of the potions, two are necromantic, three are evocations, and one is transmutation. Considering Morrigan is the godess of power and destruction, evocation may be the right path. [email protected]
[Sun Sep 09 01:31:57 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): as in, which sphere would be that one?
[Sun Sep 09 01:32:17 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): see my clarification
[Sun Sep 09 01:32:29 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Could just run across the room realy fast and see what happens."
[Sun Sep 09 01:32:55 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): yes - but if a certain path can take us under only one, I want to ask Morti what that one is and see if we chance it.
[Sun Sep 09 01:33:02 2007] : ** (43) Morti reaches up scratching his head unsurely,"Of course it might be the opposite, or it might have nothing to do with Morrigan at all." **
[Sun Sep 09 01:33:18 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Then again if we guess wrong we could very well start up the metal statue in the other room."
[Sun Sep 09 01:33:52 2007] : ** (35) Thom continues his searching, getting an idea himself. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:36:24 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well it depends on where you want to go
[Sun Sep 09 01:37:02 2007] : (43) Morti: "Hhmm.. I could try snatching them out of the air from here... or sending a phantom servant across the board to set them off... but I don't know what that will cause."
[Sun Sep 09 01:37:12 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): Ok, and I can't see more than that there are three other paths out of this room, right? Can't tell which are dead ends and which are more, right?
[Sun Sep 09 01:37:39 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's impossible to get from one end of the room to an exit without triggering less than two spheres
[Sun Sep 09 01:37:44 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): right
[Sun Sep 09 01:37:56 2007] : ** (43) Morti groans heavily, and takes a moment looking around the walls for any inscriptions, before examing the checker board floor, wondering if it is newere than the rest fo the ruins. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:38:31 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the spheres have been here for a long time
[Sun Sep 09 01:39:11 2007] : (35) Thom: "Damn, thought that might work, but it doesn't. I can start trying to disarm the traps, since we don't seem to have any great plans to deal with them otherwise."
[Sun Sep 09 01:39:32 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Sure"
[Sun Sep 09 01:40:28 2007] : (43) Morti: "How do you disarm something, if you don't know what it is?"
[Sun Sep 09 01:40:57 2007] : ** (35) Thom move to the edge of the stairs nearest a corner of the room, and tries to disable the trap on the floor. ((1 = east, 2 = west, [1d2] => [1] = (1). Trying to disable the corner ones so that we might still be able to get around the room.)) **
[Sun Sep 09 01:42:01 2007] : (35) Thom: "I know that it works based on stepping on the floor - figured that much out after Daelan asked. So, if I keep that part from working - the rest shoudln't matter."
[Sun Sep 09 01:42:39 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [16,15] = (31)
[Sun Sep 09 01:42:43 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 01:42:59 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): search that area again. :-)
[Sun Sep 09 01:43:11 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [15,13] = (28)
[Sun Sep 09 01:43:14 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): I'm only at half hp, gonna be extra careful
[Sun Sep 09 01:43:19 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're certain...possibly. :)
[Sun Sep 09 01:44:15 2007] : (42) DM: There is a passage to your right, one to your left and one ahead.
[Sun Sep 09 01:44:21 2007] : ** (35) Thom stands up from bending over where he was working just a moment before. "One down, who knows how many to go." **
[Sun Sep 09 01:44:49 2007] : (42) DM: (so the sphere with a circle around it has been disarmed)
[Sun Sep 09 01:44:49 2007] : (35) Thom: (( Thom went east, or to the party's left as they come dwn the stairs. ))
[Sun Sep 09 01:45:22 2007] : ** (35) Thom moves out onto the floor, searching the next square for traps as he approaches it. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:45:30 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [6,13] = (19)
[Sun Sep 09 01:45:34 2007] : (35) Thom: (( or so I hope... ))
[Sun Sep 09 01:45:40 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done and you think there's nothing there.
[Sun Sep 09 01:46:52 2007] : ** (35) Thom continues to move all the way to the side wall, then down that wall - keeping distance between him and the spheres as he keeps checking the checkerboard floor. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:47:33 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [2,13] = (15)
[Sun Sep 09 01:47:37 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 01:48:13 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Skriku sees you and gives you a taste of what is to come!"
[Sun Sep 09 01:48:27 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): keep doing that until I get to the hallway
[Sun Sep 09 01:48:42 2007] : (42) DM: Her voice comes from elsewhere in the place followed by a syllable and an explosion.
[Sun Sep 09 01:48:47 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Reflex
[Sun Sep 09 01:49:11 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): [1d20+13-5] => [16,13,-5] = (24)
[Sun Sep 09 01:49:27 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There is a flash of light coming from the corridor leading to 2 and a bolt of lightning headed your way (I'm assuming you're at the intersection shown above)
[Sun Sep 09 01:49:42 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): where the arrow is
[Sun Sep 09 01:49:44 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): actually, +2 to that from a trap...
[Sun Sep 09 01:49:50 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Sep 09 01:49:54 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): yes, that is where I would be.
[Sun Sep 09 01:49:56 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Sep 09 01:49:59 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you made it
[Sun Sep 09 01:50:03 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Whats she babaling about now?"
[Sun Sep 09 01:50:46 2007] : (42) DM: A lightning bolt suddenly shoots out of the corridor exiting the room to your right (the westmost corridor) and strikes the wall near Thom, who dives out of the way backwards.
[Sun Sep 09 01:50:59 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Hee hee hee!"
[Sun Sep 09 01:51:18 2007] : (35) Thom: "You missed you ugly crone."
[Sun Sep 09 01:51:20 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( coume out of the Hall to 2? ))
[Sun Sep 09 01:51:30 2007] : (42) DM: ((yes))
[Sun Sep 09 01:52:06 2007] : ** (35) Thom draws his rapier out and ignites it, using the flame to peer down the hallways he is near (dead end). **
[Sun Sep 09 01:52:52 2007] : (42) DM: There seems to be none in that passage. ((I'm assuming you mean the passage to the dead end.))
[Sun Sep 09 01:53:17 2007] : (43) Morti: "Hrmp..?" :moves to catch up to Thom on the "safe tiles", to catch a glimpse down the hall the lightning came from, to see if he can spot the caster.:
[Sun Sep 09 01:53:21 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Time for disarming is running out Thom, hurry."
[Sun Sep 09 01:53:27 2007] : (35) Thom: (( yeah, however you phrase it. ))
[Sun Sep 09 01:53:49 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Skriku made an agreement with the Mistress, yes? And means to keep her end of the bargain!"
[Sun Sep 09 01:54:06 2007] : (42) DM: Chanting in the distance.
[Sun Sep 09 01:54:30 2007] : (43) Morti: (Can I see her in room 2?))
[Sun Sep 09 01:54:32 2007] : (35) Thom: "It was just a trap..." He stops as he hears the chanting. "Then again."
[Sun Sep 09 01:54:35 2007] : (42) DM: The withered visage of the crone can be seen down a ways into the corridor.
[Sun Sep 09 01:54:38 2007] : (43) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [9,18] = (27)
[Sun Sep 09 01:54:52 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): transmutation
[Sun Sep 09 01:55:00 2007] : (43) Morti: :to Sevis: "Come here quick."
[Sun Sep 09 01:55:03 2007] : (35) Thom: "Back to the stairs Morti!"
[Sun Sep 09 01:55:16 2007] : ** (35) Thom moves back to the stairs the way he had come. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:55:33 2007] : ** (43) Morti follows quick with Thom. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:55:36 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): gaseous form
[Sun Sep 09 01:55:58 2007] : (35) Thom: "Daelan and Atross, be ready to shoot. She'll need to show herself around that corner to get us here. I'll work on clearing a path that way."
[Sun Sep 09 01:55:59 2007] : ** (30) Cael moves to a position that he can assist anyone than needs his help. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:56:00 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens heads to Morti **
[Sun Sep 09 01:56:11 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Well?"
[Sun Sep 09 01:56:19 2007] : (42) DM: (the X is where she was standing for those of you who saw her)
[Sun Sep 09 01:56:41 2007] : ** (35) Thom moves to the west this time, trying to disable the trap on the suqare to that side. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:56:51 2007] : (43) Morti: "Uh... nevermind... and watch for cracks in the walls. She's in gaseous form now.. she doesn't necessarily have to cross the room."
[Sun Sep 09 01:56:53 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25)
[Sun Sep 09 01:56:56 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 01:57:04 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves into postion,he looks towards the area Thom pointed out as he notches an arrow. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:57:09 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [5,15] = (20)
[Sun Sep 09 01:57:11 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): Zane crosses his fingers.
[Sun Sep 09 01:57:22 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're certain...possibly.
[Sun Sep 09 01:57:35 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): ready dispel magic, if he spots her gassy form
[Sun Sep 09 01:57:51 2007] : ** (29) Atross keeps his eyes peeled for any strange movements. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:58:09 2007] : (35) Thom: "Damn, she's not making this easy, huh?" Finishing with the next square, he hopes that he has disabled the sphere and moves into the corner.
[Sun Sep 09 01:58:54 2007] : (42) DM: The place is silent once more...for the nonce.
[Sun Sep 09 01:59:07 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens shakes his head run runs across the floor to get to the Hall the crone is in ((Moving ar funn run speed of 360 ft per round)) **
[Sun Sep 09 01:59:27 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The corridor is empty.
[Sun Sep 09 01:59:41 2007] : ** (35) Thom moves south again once reaching the wall, moving to the hallway to 2. **
[Sun Sep 09 01:59:58 2007] : (29) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((You can't really run that fast, because there's not that much room in here.))
[Sun Sep 09 02:00:27 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): Sevis runs through the wall, Juggernaut style
[Sun Sep 09 02:00:30 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens calls back "Well she isnt here now." **
[Sun Sep 09 02:00:35 2007] : (16) Swirln (enter): 02:00
[Sun Sep 09 02:01:15 2007] : (35) Thom: "As I recall, gaseous form was a slow movement, everyone follow my path and let's get to that hallway."
[Sun Sep 09 02:01:38 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens heads down the hall to see what he sees **
[Sun Sep 09 02:01:42 2007] : (35) Thom: (( recalling from being in the d'Ambervilles, when one of our companions went gassy. ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:01:50 2007] : ** (29) Atross follows the same path to the hall. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:01:51 2007] : ** (43) Morti stares at the sphere over where Sevis crossed, wondering why it didn't go boom. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:02:05 2007] : ** (30) Cael follows the group slowly and carefully. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:02:20 2007] : ** (35) Thom ushers the group down the hall, following Sevis. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:02:32 2007] : (42) DM: (because he didn't trigger a square covered by a sphere or because one of the spheres he went near was previously disabled.)
[Sun Sep 09 02:02:58 2007] : (35) Thom: (( Thom does a little dane. You go boy, you go. :-) ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:03:00 2007] : (42) DM: The corridor is unusually slick and slimy from the built-up mildew and exits into an octagonal room.
[Sun Sep 09 02:03:05 2007] : (35) Thom: (( *dance even ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:04:00 2007] : ** (33) Daelan follows the others. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:04:27 2007] : (42) DM: The tunnel widens out into a roughly octagonal chamber with a 10' wide dry ledge 1 foot above the floor -- which is covered with all manner of crawling vermin. Slumped in the corner is a small humanoid skeleton covered in a layer of glistening yellow-brown slime. Still clutched in the skeleton's hand is a longtooth dagger.
[Sun Sep 09 02:04:50 2007] : ** (35) Thom keeps an eye in the trapped room for the crone to reappear, but as soon as the group passes, he follows down the hallway as well. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:05:35 2007] : ** (43) Morti follows along, watching for bodies of gas and old ladies. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:06:45 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens looks around the room "Nice more bugs and goo." **
[Sun Sep 09 02:07:08 2007] : (35) Thom: 'At least these ones are normal sized."
[Sun Sep 09 02:07:26 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves over to the skeleton and inspects it. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:07:38 2007] : (35) Thom: "Looks likes we go back again, and hope third times the charm.
[Sun Sep 09 02:07:39 2007] : (42) DM: (how do you inspect it? :))
[Sun Sep 09 02:08:04 2007] : (42) Skriku's voice: "Hee hee hee!"
[Sun Sep 09 02:08:14 2007] : ** (43) Morti looks along the walls for notable cracks as they go **
[Sun Sep 09 02:08:22 2007] : (42) DM: The crone's laughter can be heard from elsewhere...
[Sun Sep 09 02:08:37 2007] : ** (30) Cael stiffens at the sound of the crone's laughter. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:08:41 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lots of them in this room
[Sun Sep 09 02:08:51 2007] : (33) Daelan: ( I study the armor to see if I can tell if it was slashed,pierced or stabbed,then I look at the head to see if it has been bashed in,and to see if I can tell what race it was))]
[Sun Sep 09 02:09:21 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): whatever it was, was eaten or consumed completely such that there's not a shred of flesh left on the body
[Sun Sep 09 02:09:27 2007] : ** (35) Thom starts back the hallway, but pauses at the crone's laughter. Sensing that it seemed far away, he moves back down the hallway, keeping his eyes open for the crone. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:09:28 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's completely covered in slime
[Sun Sep 09 02:09:41 2007] : ** (43) Morti listens for the laughter, trying to pinpoint a direction, as he looks for Shriku's reappearance **
[Sun Sep 09 02:10:11 2007] : (43) Lunauc: (whispering): keeping that dispel ready, see if I can trap her coming halfway out of a wall, if still gaseous and coming out of a crack.
[Sun Sep 09 02:10:35 2007] : (42) DM: The sphere chamber's floor is now covered with a mat of luxurious grass and vines. The spheres remain, but movement will prove to be a bit of a problem if you enter.
[Sun Sep 09 02:10:44 2007] : (33) Daelan: " There is little I can tell of this one,other than it holds a dagger."
[Sun Sep 09 02:10:57 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): south or southeast direction relative to the party
[Sun Sep 09 02:11:34 2007] : (33) Daelan: " And it is covered in slime."
[Sun Sep 09 02:11:51 2007] : ** (35) Thom chuckles slightly. "I hate the wilderness." But he steps back to as to not be in clear view of much of the room and waits for the others. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:12:09 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): maybe I can wait the spell out... maybe.
[Sun Sep 09 02:12:29 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens follows Thom "Vines and grass down here?" **
[Sun Sep 09 02:12:51 2007] : (35) Thom: "Yeah, from nowhere. I'd guess more of her handiwork."
[Sun Sep 09 02:13:03 2007] : (43) Morti: "An entangling spell, maybe...?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:14:36 2007] : (35) Thom: "Not sure, but I figured it was worth waiting for everyone else to get back before entering."
[Sun Sep 09 02:16:12 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): is each squar 5 ft?
[Sun Sep 09 02:16:18 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Sep 09 02:17:00 2007] : (29) Atross: "Looks like it'll be harder to mess with the floor tiles now, but I'm ready when you are."
[Sun Sep 09 02:17:33 2007] : ** (35) Thom heads around the corner and starts checking the next square closest to the SW corner of the room (3). **
[Sun Sep 09 02:17:59 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [11,13] = (24)
[Sun Sep 09 02:18:04 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 02:18:04 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): if it seems clear, move south and check the next one.
[Sun Sep 09 02:18:16 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [16,13] = (29)
[Sun Sep 09 02:18:19 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 02:18:20 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): so if I wanted to jump to the yellow dot it would be 15 or 20 ft?
[Sun Sep 09 02:18:33 2007] : ** (33) Daelan continues to follow the others. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:18:34 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 15'
[Sun Sep 09 02:18:49 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): no traps - and getting close to one of those spheres, aren't I?
[Sun Sep 09 02:19:08 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yup
[Sun Sep 09 02:19:11 2007] : ** (35) Thom slowly makes his way due south of the hallway. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:19:39 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): check that last one again - because Thom would expect one here - matching the other end of the room.
[Sun Sep 09 02:19:46 2007] : ** (43) Morti continues to focus on the old crone, listening for her laugh and watching for gas. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:19:52 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [16,13] = (29)
[Sun Sep 09 02:19:56 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 02:20:01 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens steps back a bit and takes a running leap to cross the vines (( Jump [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21) )) **
[Sun Sep 09 02:20:33 2007] : (42) Skriku: "Skriku sees you are brave and perhaps a tad foolish!"
[Sun Sep 09 02:20:50 2007] : ** (42) Skriku hurls five balls of flame at Sevis. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:21:01 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d4+5] => [2,4,2,3,3,5] = (19)
[Sun Sep 09 02:21:09 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 19 damage, no save.
[Sun Sep 09 02:21:13 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks up at the voice, trying to where is came from. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:21:17 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): init for you only
[Sun Sep 09 02:21:27 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she's at the door leading to 6
[Sun Sep 09 02:21:39 2007] : (35) Thom: (( and, where did Sevis jump to? Across the room, towards an exit? just over one vine? ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:21:46 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): southwest of your position, near where Sevis landed
[Sun Sep 09 02:21:52 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+10] => [5,10] = (15)
[Sun Sep 09 02:22:01 2007] : (42) DM: (to the yellow dot)
[Sun Sep 09 02:22:17 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [16,8] = (24)
[Sun Sep 09 02:22:28 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): She becomes invisible.
[Sun Sep 09 02:22:45 2007] : ** (35) Thom grimaces and hopes he was right, and moves into the corner and then out of it, following a similar pattern to what he has done before. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:22:55 2007] : (42) DM: The last thing you (Sevis) sees is her mocking smile.
[Sun Sep 09 02:23:22 2007] : (42) DM: (15, Sev)
[Sun Sep 09 02:23:39 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( I still see her? ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:23:44 2007] : (35) Thom: (( actually, if we should be in init - I guess Thom can't do that quite yet... ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:23:51 2007] : (42) DM: (no, but I thought you might want to do something)
[Sun Sep 09 02:23:55 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( Init is only for me ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:24:04 2007] : (42) DM: (only he has init because he was there in melee range of her)
[Sun Sep 09 02:24:37 2007] : (35) Thom: (( ok - then Thom does that, with the fingers of his left hand crossed as he passes under one of the spheres. ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:25:08 2007] : (42) DM: There seems to be no visible effect and the sphere remains in place.
[Sun Sep 09 02:25:16 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens looks around to trying to spot her **
[Sun Sep 09 02:25:30 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll
[Sun Sep 09 02:26:01 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Spot (Wis): [1d20+5+4+0] => [6,5,4,0] = (15)
[Sun Sep 09 02:26:04 2007] : (35) Thom: (( I'm guessing that Thom doesn't see her either. ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:26:34 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you don't seem to sense anything out of the ordinary.
[Sun Sep 09 02:27:39 2007] : ** (29) Atross follows Thom around the next corner to catch up to Sevis. "That was pretty impressive, not to mention reckless." **
[Sun Sep 09 02:28:04 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Faster then trying to walk across"
[Sun Sep 09 02:28:10 2007] : (42) DM: (Description for Thom and Sevis: the area at the southern end of the sphere chamber is a short stone corridor that ends in a stone door. Several sets of tracks can be seen here, of course a muddled mixture.))
[Sun Sep 09 02:28:29 2007] : (42) DM: ((and now Atross. Of the crone, there is no sign.))
[Sun Sep 09 02:28:34 2007] : ** (35) Thom starts to move to Sevis, but instead starts moving down this third hallway to the door to check it for traps. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:28:50 2007] : ** (30) Cael follows Atross around, stepping where he stepped. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:28:52 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens heads down the hall once the others are across **
[Sun Sep 09 02:28:54 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25),[1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13)
[Sun Sep 09 02:29:01 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 02:29:11 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there seems to be no traps and no sound that you can hear either
[Sun Sep 09 02:29:25 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): check for locked.
[Sun Sep 09 02:30:10 2007] : ** (33) Daelan follows the others,his eyes scanning the area **
[Sun Sep 09 02:30:13 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's locked
[Sun Sep 09 02:30:29 2007] : (35) Zane: (whispering): then let's unlock it and hope I didn't miss a trap.
[Sun Sep 09 02:31:05 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Sep 09 02:31:32 2007] : ** (35) Thom opens the stone doors **
[Sun Sep 09 02:32:17 2007] : (42) DM: There's another flight of stone steps that descends further....
[Sun Sep 09 02:32:34 2007] : (35) Thom: more tracks in the mud?
[Sun Sep 09 02:32:37 2007] : (42) DM: And the steps contain more tracks.
[Sun Sep 09 02:32:40 2007] : (35) Thom: (( more tracks in the mud? ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:32:56 2007] : (35) Thom: "Daelan, these still the same group?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:33:03 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yeo
[Sun Sep 09 02:33:05 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Sep 09 02:34:27 2007] : (42) DM: (yes. D seems to be afk or something)
[Sun Sep 09 02:34:44 2007] : (42) DM: Four sets of tracks from what you can see.
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:00 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): are they the same tracks?
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:00 2007] : ** (35) Thom gets everyone onto the stairs and closes the doors behind them. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:07 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes they are
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:20 2007] : (35) Thom: (( anyway I can lock it from this side? ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:44 2007] : (55) Lunauc (enter): 02:35
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:48 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): last time there were only 3,2 wearing heavy armor and the third was the shuffling one,
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:50 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): only this time, the fourth set of tracks is a set you've not seen before.
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:51 2007] : (35) Thom: "Don't get off the stairs yet."
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:54 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (55) Lunauc...
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:56 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(43) Lunauc' from room...
[Sun Sep 09 02:35:57 2007] : (43) Lunauc (exit): 02:35
[Sun Sep 09 02:36:05 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Sep 09 02:36:10 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): are they fresher?
[Sun Sep 09 02:36:14 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sun Sep 09 02:36:26 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but they enter from nowhere and stop nowhere.
[Sun Sep 09 02:36:42 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): or whomever made them left the area by some means other than normal physical means
[Sun Sep 09 02:37:14 2007] : ** (35) Thom locks the door behind them once the group has exitted room 3. In response to any questioning looks, he says, "Make her use another spell to get past it." **
[Sun Sep 09 02:37:19 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Three of them are the same as the ones that we saw before."
[Sun Sep 09 02:37:34 2007] : ** (35) Thom proceeds to the bottom of the stairs to see where these ones lead. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:37:43 2007] : ** (33) Daelan points to the last set," These I have not seen before,they come from nowhere and go nowhere." **
[Sun Sep 09 02:37:46 2007] : (35) Thom: "And the fourth?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:37:48 2007] : (42) DM: The stairs lead into a flooded chamber that holds a number of sarcophagi. A great battle seems to have taken place here recently. A closed stone door can be seen in the middle of the far wall. Two corpses lie face down in the water, each wearing plate mail.
[Sun Sep 09 02:38:02 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks to Morti, "The crone?" **
[Sun Sep 09 02:38:23 2007] : (35) Thom: (( how flooded? ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:38:30 2007] : (42) DM: ((ankle deep))
[Sun Sep 09 02:38:38 2007] : (55) Morti: "huh?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:39:38 2007] : (35) Thom: "Daelan's mystery footprints. That gas speel would allow her to get through the closed door, thus the footprints came from nowhere."
[Sun Sep 09 02:39:44 2007] : (35) Thom: (( *spell ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:40:20 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Ya she vanished to nowhere realy fast after zaping me with some fire balls"
[Sun Sep 09 02:40:26 2007] : (55) Morti: :to Thom: "But she can't cast spells or anything while in that form."
[Sun Sep 09 02:40:35 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they were magic missiles fyi
[Sun Sep 09 02:40:41 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they just look like fireballs
[Sun Sep 09 02:41:02 2007] : (35) Thom: "Oh, then maybe something else - great."
[Sun Sep 09 02:41:28 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): I know, but Sevis wouldnt
[Sun Sep 09 02:41:37 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just in case you didn't
[Sun Sep 09 02:41:55 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Figured it out with the 5 of them and no save :)
[Sun Sep 09 02:41:58 2007] : ** (55) Morti rolls his eyes up in thought, "Now that you mention it, she couldn't talk or laugh in that form either, so when we heard laughing earlier, I should have known she was solid again. Hmmm...." **
[Sun Sep 09 02:42:34 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Safe to go down the stairs?
[Sun Sep 09 02:42:36 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks over the flooded room. "I doubt that I will be able to find any traps here, Morti - can you take a look for any magicks?" **
[Sun Sep 09 02:42:36 2007] : (55) Morti: :shrugs: "Sorry bout that."
[Sun Sep 09 02:43:07 2007] : ** (55) Morti nods to Thom, and does a sweep of detect magic about the room. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:43:28 2007] : ** (42) The shade appears over one of the corpses and looks forlornly at it and then at you. It moans, "Shaunnnnnra. Shaunnnnra.....the evil stole you awaaaaaaay. The road to Braaaalvanyr's hall stannnnnds closed to youuuuuu. Shaunnnnra...." **
[Sun Sep 09 02:44:15 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): No magicka.
[Sun Sep 09 02:44:15 2007] : 43 Unknown!
[Sun Sep 09 02:44:17 2007] : (35) Thom: (( hmm, even I am detecting some magick here... ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:44:22 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, no magic
[Sun Sep 09 02:44:34 2007] : (55) Morti: "Wah!" :gives a start at the ghost's emergence, groaning at himself for being startled.:
[Sun Sep 09 02:45:00 2007] : (42) DM: The shade of the squire falls silent and looks over at you, expectantly.
[Sun Sep 09 02:45:06 2007] : (35) Thom: "Wait, wasn't Shaunra's body already retrieved from here supposedly?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:45:20 2007] : (30) Cael: "That is what I was told."
[Sun Sep 09 02:45:43 2007] : (55) Morti: "Might not mean her body, but her spirit."
[Sun Sep 09 02:46:32 2007] : (30) Cael: "He told us that Shaunnra's spirit was taken." :pointing to the squire:
[Sun Sep 09 02:46:36 2007] : (35) Thom: "So her soul is in that other's body?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:46:53 2007] : (30) Cael: "Or possibly being held here somehow."
[Sun Sep 09 02:46:58 2007] : (55) Morti: "Who other's..?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:47:18 2007] : (42) The shade: "In the catacombs. Under Ruairi. Search under Ruairi. Under a blanket of earth. In the catacombs. Shaunnnraaaaa...."
[Sun Sep 09 02:47:50 2007] : (35) Thom: (( there are two other corpses here still... ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:47:56 2007] : (30) Cael: "Squire, what was it that brought Shaunnra and yourself to this place?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:48:05 2007] : (42) DM: ((one other corpse.))
[Sun Sep 09 02:48:35 2007] : (42) The shade: "Aes Sedaiiiiii."
[Sun Sep 09 02:49:13 2007] : (35) Thom: (( I thought you said two corpses. Oh, unless the squire is standing over his own corpse... I see now. ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:49:29 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Aes Sedai stope a spirit, or sent you here?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:49:30 2007] : (42) DM: (that's what I said. :) )
[Sun Sep 09 02:49:43 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( *Stole ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:50:07 2007] : (55) Morti: "I am so confused." :shakes his head:
[Sun Sep 09 02:50:27 2007] : (35) Thom: (( when he looked over a corpse and called her name, I thought he was talking to her. Sorry, I got it now, I think. ))
[Sun Sep 09 02:50:44 2007] : (42) The shade: "Aes Sedaiiiiii and one of light but of darkness. We came here. Shaunnnnraaaaa fought the darkness. She diiiiiied. I diiiiied. Her spirit was stolen awaaaaaay."
[Sun Sep 09 02:51:41 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Know this Aes Sedais name?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:52:14 2007] : (35) Thom: "So, Aes Sedai brought them here, Shaunra died - her spirit somehow taken to the catacombs of Ruairi, while her body remained here. Others returned here and retrived her body. That the story now?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:52:44 2007] : (30) Cael: "That seems to be it."
[Sun Sep 09 02:53:29 2007] : (29) Atross: "That means whatever took her spirit is already in Ruairi."
[Sun Sep 09 02:53:30 2007] : (42) DM: He shakes his head and instead intones, "A Red Sister. Taps her lips. I thought she was evillllll."
[Sun Sep 09 02:53:35 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Why would the Aes Sedai bring her here?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:54:14 2007] : (35) Thom: "So, there is no evil here after all. Well, except maybe for the crone."
[Sun Sep 09 02:54:41 2007] : (30) Cael: "Perhaps this crone's mistress is this Aes Sedai."
[Sun Sep 09 02:55:07 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Sep 09 02:55:08 2007] : (16) Swirln: (whispering): thanks for letting me lurk, sorry to interrupt. Very nice looking game, cya :-)
[Sun Sep 09 02:55:12 2007] : (16) Swirln (exit): 02:55
[Sun Sep 09 02:55:39 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks over the corpses, with a sad look. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:56:16 2007] : ** (22) Sevis Goloens looks at Zarenna "A Red sister who abitualy taps her lips, that ring a bell for you?" **
[Sun Sep 09 02:56:25 2007] : ** (33) Daelan moves over to the two dead that are wearing armor," I wonder where the third one is." **
[Sun Sep 09 02:56:54 2007] : ** (35) Thom moves down to the corpses, turning them over so that they are at least not face down in water. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:57:08 2007] : (42) DM: One is the corpse of the squire. The other is that of a once-beautiful woman, except she died fighting something.
[Sun Sep 09 02:57:26 2007] : (55) Morti: "Isn't the half-elf woman or the moldy corpse upstairs the third?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:57:29 2007] : (35) Thom: "She was already returned to town, remember?"
[Sun Sep 09 02:58:06 2007] : (42) DM: This other corpse appears to have been dead longer than the squire.
[Sun Sep 09 02:58:52 2007] : ** (35) Thom looks at the shade, "Who is this one?" he asks, pointing at the once beautiful woman. **
[Sun Sep 09 02:58:57 2007] : (42) Zarenna: "That can be two Sisters I know of, except that none are at the Tower at present time."
[Sun Sep 09 02:59:05 2007] : (33) Daelan: " No there is one that has a shuffling gait Morti."
[Sun Sep 09 02:59:31 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: "Doent matter if they are there, might help just knowing who it could be."
[Sun Sep 09 02:59:49 2007] : (42) DM: (um strike that and Sevis' comment. Rhian, Drenla and Zarenna didn't accompany you into the dungeon.)
[Sun Sep 09 02:59:59 2007] : (55) Morti: :peers curiously to Daelan: "Huh?"
[Sun Sep 09 03:00:14 2007] : (55) Morti: "How do you know how the moldy guy used to walk?"
[Sun Sep 09 03:00:28 2007] : (35) Thom: (( oh, they didn't? drat, I was hoping to teleport from this room... ))
[Sun Sep 09 03:00:32 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( they did for a while since Sevis was chatting with her ))
[Sun Sep 09 03:00:37 2007] : (56) Daelan (enter): 03:00
[Sun Sep 09 03:00:45 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (56) Daelan...
[Sun Sep 09 03:00:48 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(33) Daelan' from room...
[Sun Sep 09 03:00:49 2007] : (33) Daelan (exit): 03:00
[Sun Sep 09 03:01:03 2007] : (35) Thom: (( they entered the tower with us, but not the basin, right? ))
[Sun Sep 09 03:01:33 2007] : (42) The shade: "Astari. Shaunnnraaaa and I came here on her behalf. She died here. We were sent by an Aes Sedaiiiii to see about the darkness. One of light who hides a darkness. We fought the darkness and we diiieeed."
[Sun Sep 09 03:01:35 2007] : (29) Atross: (whispering): (GW): They didn't say anything entering the basin with its underground stairs.
[Sun Sep 09 03:01:45 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( figured they entered with us since Sevis wouldnt have left Rhian and Zarenna together, even with Drenla to watch over them ))
[Sun Sep 09 03:02:28 2007] : (42) DM: ((they sort of entered the "head" with you but didn't fight the centipede. they accompanied you to the basin but didn't enter the dungeon. remember that Zarenna is barely a teenager and is afraid of the dark.))
[Sun Sep 09 03:03:11 2007] : (42) DM: ((as a full fledged Aes Sedai, Rhian has some responsibility over Zarenna but that's OOC info))
[Sun Sep 09 03:03:55 2007] : (42) DM: ((anyway, we can stop here since it's getting late for Daelan.))
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:06 2007] : (35) Thom: (( sounds good ))
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:13 2007] : Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:14 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:21 2007] : (30) Cael: (( Yeah, I'm fading. ))
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:27 2007] : (42) DM: let me know how you think this session went
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:27 2007] : (55) Morti: (okey doke)
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:38 2007] : (55) Morti: filthy
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:41 2007] : (22) Sevis Goloens: (( With the aditude Rhian has shown Zarenna thus Far Sevis wouldnt let them near eachother without people around ))
[Sun Sep 09 03:04:48 2007] : (42) DM: also, heads up, in about a month's time we'll be restarting the Mel Nethra campaign on an every other week basis
[Sun Sep 09 03:05:03 2007] : (55) Morti: aawwww
[Sun Sep 09 03:05:09 2007] : (30) Cael: Guess that means I'll have to make a character, I'll get on that soon.
[Sun Sep 09 03:05:13 2007] : (42) DM: so this should give Jonathon enough time to think of a character that can potentially work well with the group
[Sun Sep 09 03:05:42 2007] : (35) Zane: woo hoo - maybe they can finally get out of that dungeon. They just gotta decide whether or not to take Ian's petrified body with them.
[Sun Sep 09 03:05:47 2007] : (42) DM: lol
[Sun Sep 09 03:06:15 2007] : (56) Daelan: is that the one with Ian in it?
[Sun Sep 09 03:06:19 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: I would give it a 7. A bit slow at times, but moved along
[Sun Sep 09 03:06:21 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: yeah
[Sun Sep 09 03:06:32 2007] : (55) Morti: Decision by Magic 8 Ball: Ask again later
[Sun Sep 09 03:06:33 2007] : (35) Zane: yeah - that's why I refered to his petrified body. :-)
[Sun Sep 09 03:06:33 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: I tried to move it along
[Sun Sep 09 03:07:12 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: Doent help that Sevis has no intrest in being here in the first place :)
[Sun Sep 09 03:07:14 2007] : (30) Cael: I'd say a 7.5. Part of that was my fault, my roommates came back in about 2 hours ago and have been trying to hold a conversation with.
[Sun Sep 09 03:07:35 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: they probably think you're a freak lol
[Sun Sep 09 03:07:57 2007] : (35) Zane: oh yeah - rating: 7.5 as well... solid C
[Sun Sep 09 03:08:37 2007] : (35) Zane: And not because Thom got close to dying after only two hits.. :-)
[Sun Sep 09 03:08:46 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: well it should be adequate warning. that month is approximate, don't hold me to it
[Sun Sep 09 03:08:58 2007] : (29) Atross: Hmm..
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:01 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: (( last spring I had one roommate who requested another room because he found out I played D&D. he was a big bible thumper ))
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:09 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: ew
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:18 2007] : (56) Daelan: I thought it was a good game.
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:23 2007] : (29) Donovan: You should have thumped D&D books at him.
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:23 2007] : (30) Cael: Nah, my freshman roommate is going to be introduced to D&D, and the other one played with me last year.
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:35 2007] : (29) Donovan: It seemed good to me. I don't know what would be improved for this one, particularly.
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:40 2007] : (30) Cael: Yeah, I hate Bible Thumpers... says the Ministry major.
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:45 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: heh
[Sun Sep 09 03:09:58 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: ok, well I hope Skriku was played intelligently
[Sun Sep 09 03:10:05 2007] : (30) Cael: It all comes down to interpretation of things.
[Sun Sep 09 03:10:07 2007] : (55) Morti: What does the bible have to do with this?
[Sun Sep 09 03:10:09 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: that was my main concern tonight
[Sun Sep 09 03:10:15 2007] : (35) Zane: yeah it was alright, just didn't feel it as much as some sessions...
[Sun Sep 09 03:10:41 2007] : (55) Morti: crazy old lady blasting at us for no apparent reason.. and you use the word intelligent..?
[Sun Sep 09 03:10:46 2007] : (30) Cael: Its not what the Bible has to do with it, its people seeing D&D and other such things, like Magic the Gathering as tools of Satan.
[Sun Sep 09 03:10:48 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: hehe.
[Sun Sep 09 03:10:53 2007] : (30) Cael: Like I said, all comes down to interpretation of things.
[Sun Sep 09 03:11:15 2007] : (35) Zane: so far she has been - she been quite annoying with her coming and going. And although she says she thinks we are nothing, she obviously repsects our power since she is not attacking us outright.
[Sun Sep 09 03:11:25 2007] : (55) Morti: :blink blink: Satan isn't even in normal D&D
[Sun Sep 09 03:11:27 2007] : (55) Morti: ...
[Sun Sep 09 03:11:37 2007] : (55) Morti: Must be poor advertising on his part
[Sun Sep 09 03:11:41 2007] : (30) Cael: lol
[Sun Sep 09 03:12:09 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: true but then you have people in Utah who think that watching TV will send you to hell. there's an article in tomorrow's times about the polygamy problem in that state
[Sun Sep 09 03:12:13 2007] : (35) Zane: true Morti - but players worship false gods and use magic. Both big no nos to a lot of old school religions.
[Sun Sep 09 03:12:21 2007] : (55) Morti: The guys in the sales department must have thought he just didn't fit in with today's youth. Poor, poor, washed up Satan.
[Sun Sep 09 03:12:24 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: so it's not just limited to Bible thumpers
[Sun Sep 09 03:12:47 2007] : (35) Zane: yeah - everyone is crazy to somebody else. :-)
[Sun Sep 09 03:12:54 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: so I'll see you all in a week
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:00 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: No its all religious fanatics that break the world
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:01 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: have fun folks.
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:03 2007] : (35) Zane: sounds good.
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:04 2007] : (55) Morti: TV's do send you to Hell, or at least Limbo. Didn't you see poltergeist. That's based off a true story.
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:08 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:10 2007] : (42) TaliesinNYC: night
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:15 2007] : (30) Cael: Yeah, my view on it is, as long as you can seperate reality from what isn't reality, whether it be D&D or video games, than it isn't a problem, when you can't tell the difference, it is.
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:17 2007] : (22) Dj Gilcrease: or fanatics about anything for that matter
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:19 2007] : (30) Cael: Anyway, I'm out.
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:27 2007] : (35) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:28 2007] : (35) Zane (exit): 03:13
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:35 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 09 03:13:36 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms