Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
7 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: JerryRuivy, Stepadacric


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Sep 01 20:43:54 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10

[Sat Sep 01 20:43:54 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 01 20:43:59 2007] : Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.4...
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:31 2007] : Locating server at cpe-075-178-038-089.nc.res.rr.com:6774...
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:31 2007] : Game connected!
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:31 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC (enter): 20:44
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:33 2007] : (1) Questing Beast (enter): 20:44
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:33 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 20:44
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:33 2007] : (163) Cael (enter): 20:44
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:33 2007] : (170) Darren (enter): 20:44
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:33 2007] : (174) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (enter): 20:44
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:34 2007] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.4'.

OpenRPG

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!

The Tangled Web


Join Us At: Our Forum

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.

 

The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away


[Sat Sep 01 20:44:36 2007] : (177) Solid Snake (enter): 20:44
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:40 2007] : Moving to room 'Damrosil'..
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:40 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC (enter): 20:44
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:41 2007] : Server Administrator->
[Sat Sep 01 20:44:48 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (176) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Sep 01 20:48:31 2007] : (163) Cael (enter): 20:48
[Sat Sep 01 20:50:37 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (163) Cael...
[Sat Sep 01 20:51:32 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 20:51
[Sat Sep 01 20:51:39 2007] : (174) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (enter): 20:51
[Sat Sep 01 20:51:45 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (174) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10)...
[Sat Sep 01 20:51:48 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (152) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Sep 01 20:52:49 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: what music is that?
[Sat Sep 01 20:53:32 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease: umm some scotish music I have
[Sat Sep 01 20:53:58 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease: Matthew Gurnsey - The Scotsman
[Sat Sep 01 20:54:48 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease: I have 4 or 5 CD's of celtic and scotish music
[Sat Sep 01 20:55:39 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease: I was thinking about rewriting the lyrics to The Scotsman so it's about a dwarf, and have it as the theme song for a Dwarven character I play
[Sat Sep 01 21:00:50 2007] : (178) Zane (enter): 21:00
[Sat Sep 01 21:01:07 2007] : (178) Zane: Hey hey
[Sat Sep 01 21:01:13 2007] : (163) Cael: Howdy
[Sat Sep 01 21:02:50 2007] : (179) Lunauc (enter): 21:02
[Sat Sep 01 21:03:00 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (178) Zane...
[Sat Sep 01 21:03:04 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (179) Lunauc...
[Sat Sep 01 21:03:19 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: think we should wait for Donovan
[Sat Sep 01 21:03:45 2007] : (178) Zane: Sure.
[Sat Sep 01 21:06:14 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: you can start RPing though if you want
[Sat Sep 01 21:06:36 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: does everyone need a recap from last week?
[Sat Sep 01 21:06:46 2007] : (181) Donovan (enter): 21:06
[Sat Sep 01 21:07:00 2007] : (179) Lunauc: a bit of where we left off yeah
[Sat Sep 01 21:07:09 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (181) Donovan...
[Sat Sep 01 21:07:11 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease: (( heading to ruins to check on the death of a Paladin, spend no more then a day ther before Gating to the Tower ))
[Sat Sep 01 21:07:16 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: k
[Sat Sep 01 21:07:19 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Sep 01 21:07:20 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Sep 01 21:07:53 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: ((so we open a few hours later after you've had a chance to rest and so forth))
[Sat Sep 01 21:08:28 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 01 21:08:28 2007] : (181) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Just need to let you know I'll be a bit later. Gotta grab something real quick.
[Sat Sep 01 21:08:30 2007] : (179) Lunauc: ((Wonder if that gleeman ever showed up. 0.o))
[Sat Sep 01 21:09:09 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: ((he did actually))
[Sat Sep 01 21:09:22 2007] : (183) Daelan (enter): 21:09
[Sat Sep 01 21:09:26 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (183) Daelan...
[Sat Sep 01 21:09:33 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Sep 01 21:09:42 2007] : (179) Morti: ((Great, than at least Morti had someone to pester for those hours.)
[Sat Sep 01 21:10:50 2007] : (179) Morti: (Did the old bard have any stories pertaining to the ruins we're heading to, by chance?)
[Sat Sep 01 21:11:49 2007] : (176) DM: ((one or two))
[Sat Sep 01 21:12:46 2007] : (176) DM: He mentioned in passing that a guardian that is not a guardian guards the entrance to the ruins.
[Sat Sep 01 21:14:45 2007] : (176) DM: The ruins are a haunted place as it was once a temple dedicated to the Morrigan, a goddess of vengeance and destruction. Traps abound that have the potential to bring death or ruin to all.
[Sat Sep 01 21:15:28 2007] : (179) Morti: "Sounds depressing." :looks to the others: "We really have to go there?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:16:14 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "I voted we not even go in the first place"
[Sat Sep 01 21:16:48 2007] : (178) Zane: "Doesn't really sound any worse than other places we have been."
[Sat Sep 01 21:16:56 2007] : (178) Thom: "Doesn't really sound any worse than other places we have been."
[Sat Sep 01 21:17:57 2007] : (179) Morti: :sighs; "Yeah, why is that? Everywhere we go there's always some creepy dungeon, or crypt or labrynthe, with some nasty villain lurking inside for us. It's almost.. systematic."
[Sat Sep 01 21:18:20 2007] : (163) Cael: "That is simply the way that some things are."
[Sat Sep 01 21:18:25 2007] : (179) Morti: ^_^
[Sat Sep 01 21:18:42 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "I would say symptomatic of our chosen course of Heros"
[Sat Sep 01 21:19:39 2007] : (178) Thom: "I never asked to be a hero either... How does that go - You have no fate but the fate you are given, huh?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:20:21 2007] : (179) Morti: "Yeah, but why do these things always pop up when we're going through a place. It just keeps risking our lives and slowing our journey. We must have the worst luck." :Groans and slumps:
[Sat Sep 01 21:20:52 2007] : (163) Cael: "Yet those incidents have brought your group together, certainly it can't be all bad luck."
[Sat Sep 01 21:22:07 2007] : ** (179) Morti raises a clothen brow to Cael, nodding weakly in agreement, "True... it just.. feels like everywhere we go, we hit these big nasty roadblacks to keep us from advancing. It's just frusrating." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:22:37 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Morti, take a look around the towns, or even cities we have been in. I have not been here very long, but even I have noticed that we stand out. We carry finely crafted weapons and armor, we carry them as if we have used them for years, and just scream to the populace that we are Adventurers, and looking for more."
[Sat Sep 01 21:23:50 2007] : (179) Morti: :tilts his head curiously to Sevis: "So.. we should ditch our gear?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:24:31 2007] : ** (178) Thom looks at Morti. "You can if you want, I have no plans to do so, even if it does mean that we find more trouble than we want." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:24:35 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Or wear something less obvious when we enter a populated area. If we truly want to be able to continue on our path without interuption"
[Sat Sep 01 21:25:02 2007] : ** (174) Tektite pops up out of the ground "So where are we going now Master?" **
[Sat Sep 01 21:25:32 2007] : ** (179) Morti groans, "So.. when do we leave for the ruins?" **
[Sat Sep 01 21:25:38 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens glowers at Tektite "I told you not to call me Master" **
[Sat Sep 01 21:26:22 2007] : (163) Cael: "Well, in order to accomplish our goals within our timeframe, I would suggest as soon as possible."
[Sat Sep 01 21:26:39 2007] : ** (174) Tektite smiles "But it's fun to anoy you Master." ** looks at Morti "Ruins? sounds interesting." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:26:57 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens nods to Cael **
[Sat Sep 01 21:27:30 2007] : ** (178) Thom stands. "I'm ready to go then." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:27:47 2007] : ** (179) Morti shakes his head to Tekite, as he stands to gather his gear and prepare to leave. **
[Sat Sep 01 21:27:51 2007] : (183) Daelan: " We have had this discussion in the past Thom,none are fated to do anything for fate lays in each of our hands,now destiny on the other hand can not be altered."
[Sat Sep 01 21:28:16 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Zarenna, you know anything about these ruins, the sooner we take a look around and get out, the sooner I can prepare to protect you from the Black Ajah"
[Sat Sep 01 21:28:20 2007] : ** (163) Cael stands, picking up his staff. **
[Sat Sep 01 21:28:43 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens heads out **
[Sat Sep 01 21:28:57 2007] : ** (174) Tektite melts back into the ground to follow the group **
[Sat Sep 01 21:29:10 2007] : ** (178) Thom heads out as well with the others. **
[Sat Sep 01 21:29:18 2007] : ** (163) Cael follows the group. **
[Sat Sep 01 21:29:45 2007] : ** (183) Daelan moves to the front of the group as he heads towards the ruins. **
[Sat Sep 01 21:30:32 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "What Ajah are you interested in by the way Zarenna?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:31:57 2007] : ** (179) Morti follows along at the rear of the group, a tired expression hanging from his cloth facade **
[Sat Sep 01 21:32:17 2007] : ** (178) Thom keeps to the rear of the group, acting as a rear guard, as usual. **
[Sat Sep 01 21:32:43 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I haven't made my choice yet but I am leaning towards the Yellow."
[Sat Sep 01 21:33:08 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "The healers right?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:33:13 2007] : (176) DM: (she doesn't know anything about the ruins)
[Sat Sep 01 21:33:23 2007] : ** (176) Zarenna Sedai nods **
[Sat Sep 01 21:33:25 2007] : ** (178) Thom places a hand on Morti's shoulder. "So Morti, what did you really expect from an adventuring group? All songs and drink?" **
[Sat Sep 01 21:34:50 2007] : ** (179) Morti glances up to Thom, shaking his head, "I'm sorry. I'm just... tired." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:35:41 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "So who were the other sisters there with you and Illana?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:36:41 2007] : (178) Thom: "Don't apologize, it can be tiring some of the time." Thom smiles and corrects himself, "Ok, most of the time. But just remember what good we have been able to do, and what we can still do. Besides, this life is still better than many other options - even if much stranger."
[Sat Sep 01 21:37:40 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I don't know."
[Sat Sep 01 21:37:48 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I've never seen them before."
[Sat Sep 01 21:38:11 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens nods "And what Ajah is Illana in?" **
[Sat Sep 01 21:38:18 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "How would I know?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:38:37 2007] : (179) Morti: :nods along with Thom in understanding. He glances to the people of the present, and keeps his voice low to avoid their ears, as he speaks to Thom: "I know, and it's not that I do not enjoy helping people. I do, I really do. It's just... for all the time we have spent here in the past.. are we even one step closer to getting home?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:39:19 2007] : (179) Morti: "Have we achieved any of what we came here for?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:39:27 2007] : (178) Thom: "We must be. I refuse to accept otherwise. It may take 30 years, but I intend to get home myself."
[Sat Sep 01 21:40:29 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 01 21:40:29 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): in Sevis' chats with Rhian to figure everything he can about the Sisters, would she have mentioned that Members of an Ajah usualy wear a shawl or something with the color of their Ajah?
[Sat Sep 01 21:40:49 2007] : (179) Morti: "but are we even still on schedule? Can we really gather the objects return to High Keep and stop the ascent of the Tempest in time, at the rate we're going?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:41:19 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Sep 01 21:43:04 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Members of an Ajha usualy wear something with the color of their Ajah in it from what I hear. And I am guessing you knew Illana prior to her offering you greater power."
[Sat Sep 01 21:44:02 2007] : (178) Thom: "I don't know. I worry about the time as well, but time recently seems to more flexible than I originaly thought." Thom shakes his head, "Let's just hope that we are moving in the right direction."
[Sat Sep 01 21:44:36 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I tell you, I've never seen any of them. I didn't even know who she was until that meeting."
[Sat Sep 01 21:45:18 2007] : ** (176) Rhian Sedai listens carefully but says nothing. **
[Sat Sep 01 21:45:21 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "How did they contact you, and why would they do so without knowing you well enough to know they could trust you?"
[Sat Sep 01 21:45:22 2007] : ** (179) Morti groans, "Hope can carry people great distances... but you're bound to get lost if you don't open your eyes and look around once in a while." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:47:05 2007] : ** (178) Thom casts a glance at Morti and with a smile, says "And I thought that you were supposed to be the upbeat one here." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:47:48 2007] : ** (179) Morti offers a wry grin through his mask, "I'm sorry.. I'll try harder." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:49:19 2007] : (176) Rhian Sedai: "I...I don't know."
[Sat Sep 01 21:49:30 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I...I don't know."
[Sat Sep 01 21:50:14 2007] : ** (178) Thom looks at Morti with a serious look, "Do that, or we'll leave you at the next town." After only a second, he breaks his fascade and chuckles. "Well, I got it out with a straight face at least." **
[Sat Sep 01 21:50:15 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I might have mentioned something in passing about seeking forbidden lore but I can't remember who it was that I told."
[Sat Sep 01 21:51:33 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens shakes his head "Try to remember, I need all the infromation I can get if I am going to protect you. What lore were you seeking specificly?" **
[Sat Sep 01
21:52:55 2007] : ** (183) Daelan drops back so that he is near Cael. **
[Sat Sep 01
21:54:11 2007] : ** (183) Daelan speaks to him quietly as he continues to walk towards the ruins. " These Humans do not realize that at times the whispered word travels further than the shouted word if the winds are right." **
[Sat Sep 01
21:54:43 2007] : ** (176) Zarenna Sedai looks warily at you and casts a glance at Rhian. "Something to do with healing." **
[Sat Sep 01
21:55:05 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 01
21:55:05 2007] : (163) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Was just about to... Daelan beat me to the punch.
[Sat Sep 01
21:55:45 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "What specificly to do with healing?"
[Sat Sep 01
21:56:04 2007] : ** (163) Cael breaks his train of thought and looks at Daelan. A smile creeps across his face, "Humans do not realize quiet a few things cousin, however, they are not the evil race that our kind often labels tham as." **
[Sat Sep 01
21:56:56 2007] : (163) Cael: "I'm sure you have learned in your travels with them that they too possess some noble qualities."
[Sat Sep 01
21:56:56 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Most Edan are,these Humans are not."
[Sat Sep 01
21:57:26 2007] : (163) Cael: (whispering): (GW): I think part of it was my roommate asked me a question.
[Sat Sep 01
21:58:18 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sat Sep 01
21:58:45 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "With restoring life."
[Sat Sep 01
21:58:59 2007] : (176) Rhian Sedai: "Necromancy." (flatly)
[Sat Sep 01 21:59:06 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" We have managed to keep from killing each other if that is what you mean Cael,each of them can do certain things,but as a whole we are formatable,some more so than others for now,but they are getting stronger each day."
[Sat Sep 01
21:59:34 2007] : ** (163) Cael looks up and his ears twitch at the mention of necromancy. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:00:33 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "Keep out of this! Keep out of this! We're instructed in all sorts of healing arts, but don't you find it strange that none of the vaunted Aes Sedai can bring someone back from the dead?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:00:46 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Clerics might disagree. But that does not matter. So you were seeking a way to restore life, who would you trust enough to mention that to, knowing that it was forbiden knowledge?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:00:58 2007] : ** (163) Cael says under his breath, "While the people of this group cause me know fear, some of the topics of discussion worry me." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:01:07 2007] : ** (176) Zarenna Sedai crumples her face in her hands and begins to sob violently. "All I wanted was a little knowledge..." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:01:08 2007] : (163) Cael: (( no* ))
[Sat Sep 01
22:02:07 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "There is nothing wrong with knowledge Zarenna, even forbiden knowledge. It's how you intend to use that knowledge that matters."
[Sat Sep 01
22:02:24 2007] : (183) Daelan: " They do speak freely I will give them that,and with that you know where you stand as well."
[Sat Sep 01
22:02:24 2007] : ** (179) Morti eyes Zarenna curiously a moment, before offering himself, "I've wondered much the same of my art, why the arcane cannot heal." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:02:36 2007] : (176) Rhian Sedai: "There have been none able to restore life to the dead since the Second Age. And that is not our province, but rather the realm of those who follow the gods."
[Sat Sep 01
22:03:34 2007] : (176) Rhian Sedai: "You deserve what should have been your fate." (turns from Zarenna and walks away)
[Sat Sep 01
22:04:34 2007] : ** (183) Daelan shakes his head at Rhian," Even one such as herself continues to mix fate with destiny." **
[Sat Sep 01 22:04:58 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens:
"Rhian, you shouldnt be so harsh, I was there when you were attacked by that liquid man, you were Fated to die, but I and my friends were able to change your fate."
[Sat Sep 01
22:06:03 2007] : (183) Daelan: " At least Sevis knows the difference,you can change fate,but not destiny."
[Sat Sep 01
22:07:07 2007] : (163) Cael: "That doesn't keep us from trying."
[Sat Sep 01
22:07:40 2007] : (176) Rhian Sedai: "That might be, but she follows the Dark One."
[Sat Sep 01
22:08:18 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "And one can never change the deity?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:08:19 2007] : (179) Morti: :to Rhian: "Then help her turn from the Dark One. That is the way of the Light, isn't it?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:08:20 2007] : (176) Rhian Sedai: "Are you certain she is truly remorseful? Can you be sure she can be turned to the Light?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:09:11 2007] : ** (176) Rhian Sedai looks at Morti. "I would sooner try to catch a snake with my bare hands." (glances at Zarenna) "I will not stop you from saving her but neither will I help you." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:09:40 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Rhian you were not there, she was terified when Illana mentioned the Dark One. I very much doubt she follows the Dark One, but even if she did know before hand, it is always worth it to try and save someone."
[Sat Sep 01
22:10:01 2007] : ** (179) Morti frowns at Rhian, but stays silent **
[Sat Sep 01
22:10:23 2007] : ** (176) Rhian shrugs. "She is only saying that because she was caught." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:10:37 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "She didnt know I was there."
[Sat Sep 01 22:10:52 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" Even you try and change destiny Cael,you above all here should know that you can not."
[Sat Sep 01
22:10:53 2007] : ** (178) Thom moves his pack around to be able to reach inside it. he starts digging around and approaches Zarenna. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:10:58 2007] : ** (176) Rhian smiles slightly but says nothing. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:11:08 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 01
22:11:09 2007] : (178) Zane: (whispering): Grabbing hold of the Calice from Marie-Helene
[Sat Sep 01
22:11:20 2007] : (179) Morti: :to Sevis: "That.. might not be true..."
[Sat Sep 01
22:11:29 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens turns back to Zarenna "Who are the friends that know you well enough to call you Gentle Whisper?" **
[Sat Sep 01
22:11:31 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I suppose her actions will prove her out, will they not?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:11:45 2007] : (176) Rhian: "I suppose her actions will prove her out, will they not?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:12:13 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens nods to Rhian **
[Sat Sep 01
22:12:23 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "Ayako, Adore, Corinne and a few others."
[Sat Sep 01
22:12:46 2007] : (178) Thom: "Zarenna, I want to believe Sevis, and trust that he knows right, but Rhian Sedai does bring up a good point. Please, ease some minds and do one thing for us. Answer yes or no, are you willing to serve the Dark One for the chance of the knowledge you seek?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:14:08 2007] : (178) Zane: (whispering): and sense motive in addition: [1d20+13] => [17,13] = (30)
[Sat Sep 01
22:14:08 2007] : ** (176) Zarenna Sedai seems confused for a moment. "All I wanted is a little knowledge....of course not!" **
[Sat Sep 01
22:14:15 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: (was*)
[Sat Sep 01
22:14:37 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she's lying.
[Sat Sep 01
22:14:45 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): or perhaps conflicted.
[Sat Sep 01
22:15:13 2007] : (178) Zane: (whispering): does that come from the sense motive, or does the chalice warm?
[Sat Sep 01
22:15:21 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Sense Motive [1d20+15] => [12,15] = (27)
[Sat Sep 01
22:16:34 2007] : ** (178) Thom tenses up, but says nothing for the moment. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:18:04 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): chalice
[Sat Sep 01
22:18:11 2007] : (181) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Ok, I may have gotten a bit side tracked but I'm all caught up now.
[Sat Sep 01
22:18:14 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lying = chalice
[Sat Sep 01
22:18:19 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): conflicted = sense motive
[Sat Sep 01
22:18:27 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lying/conflicted
[Sat Sep 01
22:18:38 2007] : (178) Zane: (whispering): ok. that's what I get for using lots of methods, huh? :-)
[Sat Sep 01
22:18:57 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "You don't believe me, do you?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:19:01 2007] : ** (178) Thom glances at Morti and Atross and mutters, "It's like Simon all over again." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:19:44 2007] : (179) Morti: "Huh?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:20:02 2007] : (178) Thom: "As Rhian Sedai said, your actions will prove you out."
[Sat Sep 01
22:20:21 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I would never go to the Dark! Never!" (begins to cry)
[Sat Sep 01
22:20:39 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens looks at Zarenna "You are conflicted. You want the knowledge enough to follow this Dark God. Why seek that knowledge in your Arts, when you know it is achiveable by clerics?" **
[Sat Sep 01
22:21:24 2007] : ** (176) Rhian heads over to Drenla and continues walking. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:21:59 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "Sometimes I wonder myself. The Sisters came for me when I was a child and this is all I have known."
[Sat Sep 01
22:22:15 2007] : ** (183) Daelan looks at Zarenna. " I believe what they are saying is you are not fated to die by the hands of those who threatened you,but you are destined to serve the Dark One." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:22:27 2007] : (179) Morti: :blinks: "What of your family?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:22:53 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "So take your test and become a full sister, then join me in search of a fitting Deity, that hold the same values you do."
[Sat Sep 01
22:22:59 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "They send me greetings from time to time. The last I heard, they were living in Tolmara."
[Sat Sep 01 22:23:01 2007] : ** (163) Cael whispers to Daelan, "I don't think that is going to help the situation..." **
[Sat Sep 01 22:23:51 2007] : (178) Thom:
(( welcome to travelling with Daelan. :-P ))
[Sat Sep 01 22:24:06 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" I am merely speaking what the rest are thinking Cael.''
[Sat Sep 01
22:24:25 2007] : ** (178) Thom moves back to Morti, away from Sevis and the others. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:24:29 2007] : (163) Cael: "There are times when thoughts should simply stay what they are."
[Sat Sep 01
22:24:52 2007] : (179) Morti: :grins weakly: "I've been to Tolmara... I became a Magus there. Have you ever gone to visit your family there?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:25:05 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "I am new to this world so I dont know all of the deities, and have not yet selected one to follow. You never know, if you become a cleric, it might lead you to the knowledge you seek without having to sacrafice your life to do so."
[Sat Sep 01
22:27:34 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "I have not been able to. Accepted are not given rights of travel until they take the test of the shawl."
[Sat Sep 01
22:28:08 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens looks over at Rhian "She was traveling." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:28:30 2007] : ** (179) Morti shrugs to Thom, and replies to Zarenna: "Then after you take the test you really should go. The Diamond Citadel is amazing." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:28:48 2007] : ** (178) Thom remains near Morti, listening to what else is said. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:29:40 2007] : (181) Atross: "What I see is someone who they believe is alone and vulnerable. They hope to scare you into submission or else bribe you into service. Now that you know their desire, will you let them have it? I tell you, there's always a choice."
[Sat Sep 01
22:30:02 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens nods to Atross **
[Sat Sep 01
22:31:40 2007] : (178) Thom: "But there are also prices to pay for one's desires - especially when what they desire is power or certain knowledge."
[Sat Sep 01
22:32:24 2007] : (176) Rhian: "Travelling? Or snuck out?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:32:28 2007] : (181) Atross: "It is simply that those with power will always set the price on the power."
[Sat Sep 01
22:33:12 2007] : (178) Thom: "That too Atross."
[Sat Sep 01
22:33:21 2007] : ** (163) Cael mutters, "That is what scares me the most." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:35:00 2007] : ** (179) Morti frowns between Cael and Thom, and hurries to catch up to Zarenna, asking in interest, "Did Sedai really once have the power to heal?" **
[Sat Sep 01
22:35:20 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( Is it Rhian who asked Travelling? or Snuck out? ))
[Sat Sep 01
22:35:51 2007] : (176) DM: ((yes. someone said 'She was travelling' to which she responded sarcastically, "Travelling? Or snuck out?"))
[Sat Sep 01
22:36:10 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( ok want sure ))
[Sat Sep 01
22:36:14 2007] : (178) Thom: (( Rhian, sarcastic? Nah.. ))
[Sat Sep 01
22:36:32 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Well you said you were Traveling on some buisness."
[Sat Sep 01
22:36:49 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "Yellow Sisters can Heal from the slightest scrape to restoring lost limbs and even more serious wounds."
[Sat Sep 01
22:37:29 2007] : (176) Zarenna Sedai: "But for some reason, restoring life is forbidden to us."
[Sat Sep 01
22:38:06 2007] : ** (163) Cael moves back towards Thom, "If you don't mind my asking, I'm curious what the conversation you and our young companion were having earlier was about." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:38:27 2007] : (178) Thom: "Forbidden, or simply out of reach? There are limits after all, even though is some aspects those limits are quite high."
[Sat Sep 01
22:38:29 2007] : (181) Atross: "It may simply not be possible."
[Sat Sep 01
22:38:44 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Maybe its because your magic is tied to the physical, where a clerics magic is tied to the soul."
[Sat Sep 01
22:38:51 2007] : (179) Morti: "Well.. I suppose that dealing with the dead is the realm of the divine. But still to restore the body is an amazing feat. I have been studying how the same could be down with the arcane..." :frowns: "Unsuccessfully."
[Sat Sep 01
22:39:43 2007] : (176) Rhian: "Not forbidden. The knowledge is there but the manner in which you use it is different. Ressurection is possible -- at one point in an Age long past, Aes Sedai could and did raise the dead but that talent is lost."
[Sat Sep 01
22:40:14 2007] : (179) Morti: "What age was it lost in?"
[Sat Sep 01 22:40:28 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" I believe that to bring one back once they have crossed over is a wrong thing to do,why should one person have more power than that of a god?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:40:36 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "So it just has to be found again, why would seeking that knowledge be frowned on?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:40:44 2007] : ** (178) Thom glances to Cael, "Simply expressing some concerns. I can tell you more later." He casts a glance at Zareena as he finishes. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:41:18 2007] : (181) Atross: "People already take it upon themselves to serve out death, why not life as well?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:41:32 2007] : ** (176) Rhian looks up at Sevis. "There are some in the Tower who would prefer that such knowledge be lost. Nothing is ever simple." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:41:36 2007] : (163) Cael: "I would appreciate it, as I've stated before, I'm curious as to what brought this band together."
[Sat Sep 01
22:41:58 2007] : ** (178) Thom nods to Cael. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:42:32 2007] : (176) Rhian: "The ways of the Sisters are as myriad as there are stars in the sky." (throws a venemous look at Zarenna and stalks off)
[Sat Sep 01
22:43:12 2007] : (176) DM: (she doesn't respond to Morti's question)
[Sat Sep 01
22:43:30 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens laughs "So you denie yourselves knowledge and abilities for political reason?" ** shakes his head and mutters** "Sounding more and more like the Inquisitions leaders." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:44:08 2007] : (183) Daelan: " What is this Inquistion you keep speaking of Sevis?
[Sat Sep 01
22:44:33 2007] : ** (179) Morti looks back and forth between Rhian and Zarenna, wondering why he goes unanswered. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:44:47 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "A group of the church on my world who were set on abolishing all other forms of magic so only they would have power."
[Sat Sep 01
22:45:46 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Seems these inquisitors of yours is in this world as well."
[Sat Sep 01
22:46:20 2007] : (178) Thom: "The one we faced there (I don't have my notes with me - the werewolf) - he was in a position of power of that group, right?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:46:39 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Aye, he was"
[Sat Sep 01
22:47:57 2007] : ** (178) Thom nods, "Thought so. They definately had some evil elements involved." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:49:26 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Aye, like this Black Ajha of the Sisters. Which is why I am so interested in investigating the sisters, and protecting Zarenna, I do not wish to see what happened on my world happen here."
[Sat Sep 01
22:49:33 2007] : (176) Rhian: "It was lost in a time called the Age of Legends, on a world not our own." (to Morti)
[Sat Sep 01
22:50:11 2007] : (179) Morti: "Oh.. was it lost when you came to our world?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:50:27 2007] : ** (163) Cael listens intently, gathering what information he can. **
[Sat Sep 01
22:52:54 2007] : (176) Rhian: "It was lost, before the Aes Sedai came to this world called Andurin."
[Sat Sep 01
22:53:14 2007] : ** (174) Tektite pops her head up "Are we there yet Master?" **
[Sat Sep 01
22:53:20 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens kicks at Tektite as she melts back into the ground "Stop calling me that!" **
[Sat Sep 01 22:53:25 2007] : ** (183) Daelan looks at Cael," Do not try and understand all of it,I have been with them off and on for some time now and I still do not understand how we move from time to time." **
[Sat Sep 01
22:53:29 2007] : (179) Morti: "Oh... during your fight with the Dark One..? Or was it because of something else?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:54:21 2007] : (163) Cael: "Understanding is something that always comes later, luckily, I've been blessed with patience."
[Sat Sep 01
22:55:05 2007] : (181) Atross: "I think we're all still a little puzzled about how we moved 'from time to time'."
[Sat Sep 01
22:55:19 2007] : (176) Rhian: "Because of something else."
[Sat Sep 01
22:55:42 2007] : (181) Atross: "However, that is perhaps a story for a later time."
[Sat Sep 01
22:56:00 2007] : (163) Cael: "I have a feeling there are many stories to come."
[Sat Sep 01
22:56:00 2007] : (179) Morti: :quirks his head: "What?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:58:06 2007] : (176) Rhian: "The history between the Aes Sedai and the Dark One is long in telling."
[Sat Sep 01
22:58:58 2007] : (176) Rhian: "Why don't you ask your new friend to recount some of it?" (walks to the back of your group)
[Sat Sep 01
22:59:17 2007] : (179) Morti: "Can I just get the snippet on resurrection for now?"
[Sat Sep 01
22:59:40 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sat Sep 01
22:59:55 2007] : ** (176) Zarenna Sedai recoils as Rhian walks past without acknowledging her. **
[Sat Sep 01 23:00:02 2007] : ** (179) Morti watches Rhian walk away in annoyance, and turns to Zarenna to answer **
[Sat Sep 01 23:01:31 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" I think it is from the Dark One dying on one world only to be reborn on another one such as this one Morti. And the Aes Sedai have been hunting him,but when they go to another world they must start over as well,and the bringing of the dead back to life would not be a good thing for it could be used on the Dark One as well."
[Sat Sep 01
23:01:51 2007] : ** (178) Thom keeps to the rear of the group as well, watching the surroundings as they travel, keeping an eye out for potential trouble. He crosses from side to side as he does, passing near Rhian at one moment. **
[Sat Sep 01
23:02:49 2007] : (178) Zane: (whispering): Thom whispers to Rhian: "I agree that she may easily turn to Him for knowledge. We must keep wary."
[Sat Sep 01
23:03:04 2007] : (183) Daelan: " That may also explain why going from time to time is able to be done Atross."
[Sat Sep 01 23:03:07 2007] : ** (176) Rhian looks back at Zarenna's back with barely concealed fury, then at Thom, then walks to the back of your group. **
[Sat Sep 01
23:03:23 2007] : (179) Morti: :to Dael: "But Divine magicks can do it, even if the One power cannot."
[Sat Sep 01
23:04:28 2007] : (183) Daelan: " To have the power of life over death,is no simple thing Morti,it would mess up the natural way of things."
[Sat Sep 01
23:04:33 2007] : (181) Atross: "Something like that. Sort of like climbing out of a window and going back in by the front door."
[Sat Sep 01 23:04:36 2007] : (178) Zane: (whispering):
that was intended to be done once she was in the back of the group, since Thom has been primarily hanging back there as well. :-) But it's all good.
[Sat Sep 01
23:04:56 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "She is right. There is much to tell betwixt the two sides."
[Sat Sep 01
23:05:42 2007] : (181) Atross: "A different place but in the same building."
[Sat Sep 01 23:05:51 2007] : (176) Zarenna:
"The art of ressurection was lost shortly after the Dark One and his closest servants, those known as the Forsaken, were sealed into the Bore by Lews Therin and his Hundred Companions."
[Sat Sep 01
23:06:28 2007] : (179) Morti: "But how was it lost?"
[Sat Sep 01 23:06:38 2007] : (176) Zarenna:
"The time that followed the re-sealing was known as the Breaking of the World, for the Dark One tainted saidin, the male half of the One Power in a counterstroke of vengeance, at the moment of sealing."
[Sat Sep 01
23:07:45 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "It is given that only a man working in concert with a circle of thirteen women can raise the dead to life. Males who could channel were instrumental in the working of this art. When the Breaking occurred, all males who could channel went irrevocably insane and almost destroyed our world."
[Sat Sep 01
23:07:58 2007] : (178) Zane: (whispering): just to exaplin it - Thom doesn't really trust her yet, but he knows that Sevis will defend her. So he is willing to wait it out for now, and just keep an eye on her for now. But he is making sure a few others are also keeping an eye on her.
[Sat Sep 01
23:08:31 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "Because of this, Aes Sedai -- who were once comprised of men AND women, were changed to an order only of women and thus, the modern Aes Sedai were born."
[Sat Sep 01 23:08:55 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens slows down until he is walking next to Rhian
"Why so stand offish?, you have always been forthcoming when I ask you about the history of the sisterhood" **
[Sat Sep 01 23:09:14 2007] : (176) Zarenna:
"During the Breaking of the World, entire mountains, continents, countries and land masses were laid low, raised up and the world reshaped. And much knowledge destroyed or lost in the process."
[Sat Sep 01
23:09:30 2007] : (179) Morti: "Oooohhh.. so you know how to perform the ritual, you just can't because you're missing a Seidar. Then... what are you seeking... if you already know this..?"
[Sat Sep 01
23:10:00 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "Millions of people died or were forced to resettle. And talents such as foretelling, time-travelling and ressurection were lost for all time."
[Sat Sep 01
23:10:57 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "There are rumors, little one, that one can bring about the effect of ressurection albeit imperfectly. Without the male half. Half of nothing is still better than nothing."
[Sat Sep 01
23:11:06 2007] : (176) Zarenna: (something*)
[Sat Sep 01
23:11:40 2007] : (176) Rhian: "I will not help you or hinder you as long as SHE remains here."
[Sat Sep 01
23:11:44 2007] : (163) Cael: "That is not the case, a body without a soul is definitely not better than nothing, it is an abominiation."
[Sat Sep 01
23:11:50 2007] : (179) Morti: "Oh... but then you're in the realm of undead... false life, not the actual person. I should know.. it's as close as a mage like me could manage either way."
[Sat Sep 01
23:11:52 2007] : (176) Rhian: "By rights, I should not even be here but on my way home."
[Sat Sep 01
23:12:07 2007] : (176) Rhian: "But you have helped me in the past, so I return the favor by being with you."
[Sat Sep 01
23:12:24 2007] : (176) Rhian: "She is a Darkfriend until she proves otherwise."
[Sat Sep 01
23:14:42 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "I wish we were not out here either, I wanted to just get to the White tower so I could start asking questions. But then I had to call in a favor, and then I met Zarenna, then Cael came up with some story of a dead Paladin and a prophacy. I still think we should have just moved on and left the Prophacy to fufil itself without our help."
[Sat Sep 01
23:15:19 2007] : (181) Atross: "The prophecy does not sound like something we'd like fulfilled, actually."
[Sat Sep 01
23:15:38 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Then why are we out here at all?"
[Sat Sep 01
23:15:41 2007] : (163) Cael: "What is it that gives you the right to condemn those people when you have the ability to help them!"
[Sat Sep 01
23:16:01 2007] : ** (179) Morti takes a moment, walking along before inquiring, "M-miss Zarenna.. is there.. someone in particular.. you seek to resurrecti?" **
[Sat Sep 01
23:17:30 2007] : (163) Cael: "What if the tables were reversed, would you not want assistance?"
[Sat Sep 01
23:17:33 2007] : (176) Rhian: "Why indeed."
[Sat Sep 01 23:17:35 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens looks at Cael
"I am all for helping people Cael, but there is more at stake then a small village. If you knew more of our story you would understand." **
[Sat Sep 01
23:17:38 2007] : (163) Cael: "Or would you rather be left for dead?"
[Sat Sep 01
23:18:12 2007] : (163) Cael: "Who is to say that the prophecy ends with this village, perhaps it spreads further?"
[Sat Sep 01
23:18:36 2007] : (178) Thom: "It is true that certain matters tend to be more pressing than others. But we agreed that we have time to at least check this out, so let's do that."
[Sat Sep 01
23:18:53 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "Yes. My father."
[Sat Sep 01
23:19:26 2007] : (181) Atross: "Everyone's waiting in dread for this mysterious personage who'll fulfill the dark and terrible prophecy they've received. It started in that tomb, so we're going to that tomb to find an end to it."
[Sat Sep 01
23:19:49 2007] : (179) Morti: "Oh..." :frowns: "How did he...? I mean... what happened to him?"
[Sat Sep 01
23:21:11 2007] : ** (163) Cael looks at the ground, slowing his breathing. "I apologize, but you must realize that there are reasons that your race is looked down upon by mine, I try to looks past those faults, towards the good that you do, but, there are times that it is difficult." **
[Sat Sep 01
23:21:50 2007] : (163) Cael: "I understand that this is an interruption to your journey, and I thank you for offering the time to help in at least finding the cause."
[Sat Sep 01
23:21:52 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "He was part of an adventuring group. An accomplished armsman. He fell in battle against a lichling. There are some who say that the mage, Tempestria, had a hand in his slaying. When the Sisters came for me, to test me for the Power and to take me in, I went willingly so that I could return strong in saidar and somehow return him to the land of the living."
[Sat Sep 01
23:22:06 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "I had hoped anway..." (lamely)
[Sat Sep 01
23:23:08 2007] : ** (181) Atross glances at Thom to see if he caught that. **
[Sat Sep 01
23:23:54 2007] : ** (179) Morti nods in understanding, speaking in sympathy, "I lost my father when I was younger too.. I've lost my whole family since then. I've trained a a mage since then, hoping to be strong enough to find them.. if they still live." **
[Sat Sep 01
23:23:55 2007] : (183) Daelan: " I see now why the Dark One has an interest in you Zarenna."
[Sat Sep 01
23:23:56 2007] : ** (178) Thom shrugs to Atross, "What is it with us and tombs?" **
[Sat Sep 01
23:25:09 2007] : (181) Atross: "We've visited some churches as well that weren't too welcoming."
[Sat Sep 01
23:25:14 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "If you'll excuse me, I think I need to get something to eat."
[Sat Sep 01 23:25:17 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" If you should gain the power of life over death,what a tool you would be to serve him,he would have you call those that should not walk again and all would fall before him."
[Sat Sep 01
23:25:36 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Lets see if I can explain the situation so you understand why I would prefer to ignore this Prophacy you dug up Cael."
[Sat Sep 01 23:26:51 2007] : ** (179) Morti reaches into his pocket, pulling out a bit of jerky and holding it out to Zarenna **
[Sat Sep 01 23:27:19 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens:
"My friends were sent into the past, I to another world to collect several items of power, before another group of evil people gather the same items. If they collect the items before we do, this world ends."
[Sat Sep 01
23:27:37 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Well thats the short and understandable version."
[Sat Sep 01
23:29:35 2007] : ** (178) Thom moves around as the party continues to talk, being sure that someone is keeping an eye on the surroundings. **
[Sat Sep 01
23:29:40 2007] : (163) Cael: "While I may not understand the purpose, I do understand the urgency. However, I might as then, if this mission of yours is as such, why you would give such a promise as to protect a stanger?"
[Sat Sep 01 23:29:51 2007] : (163) Cael:
(( ask* ))
[Sat Sep 01 23:30:36 2007] : (178) Thom:
(( Note - Daelan is the one that gave the promise... :-P ))
[Sat Sep 01 23:30:44 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens:
"Because we were going to be in the place she is in danger at the time anyways, and it is in my nature to help those I can."
[Sat Sep 01
23:30:49 2007] : (163) Cael: (( To Zarenna? ))
[Sat Sep 01
23:31:04 2007] : (178) Thom: (( Sorry, meant the one to Cael to aid him... ))
[Sat Sep 01
23:31:04 2007] : ** (176) Zarenna takes it gratefully and eats some. **
[Sat Sep 01
23:32:52 2007] : ** (163) Cael smirks and pulling out some jerky, he bites off a piece. **
[Sat Sep 01
23:32:56 2007] : (179) Morti: :To Zarenna, as she eats: "So, why don't you do as Sevis suggested, now that you know the One Power will not give you what you seek? You could become a priestess. You are young and understand healing arts already,"
[Sat Sep 01
23:33:34 2007] : (163) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Completely understandable.
[Sat Sep 01
23:34:42 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "I could, but I have come too far as an Accepted to throw it down the drain now."
[Sat Sep 01
23:34:52 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "Still however, the future is unknown."
[Sat Sep 01
23:35:25 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "I recomended she gain full sisterhood, then go seek a fitting deity."
[Sat Sep 01
23:37:15 2007] : (179) Morti: :nods: "I suppose it's a matter of your priorities. Knowing that the path of the One Power could only bring a twisted undead existance if you tried to resurrect your father, making him suffer more in false life than he did dead, is it worth finding a new path to have him back?"
[Sat Sep 01
23:38:02 2007] : (181) Atross: "That's a terribly descriptive way of putting it, Morti."
[Sat Sep 01 23:39:05 2007] : (179) Morti:
"Huh?" :glances back to Atross, as if he's forgotten himself exactly what he said.:
[Sat Sep 01 23:39:55 2007] : (181) Atross:
"Well, I guess you get the picture."
[Sat Sep 01 23:39:55 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" Not to mention the undead father of hers may have to be killed once more,and several others may end up dying in the attempt to rekill him.''
[Sat Sep 01 23:42:27 2007] : ** (179) Morti frowns deeply to Dael's words, looks to the ground and continues along **
[Sat Sep 01 23:44:13 2007] : (176) DM:
(let me know if you want me to FF)
[Sat Sep 01 23:44:30 2007] : (179) Morti:
(feel free)
[Sat Sep 01 23:44:35 2007] : (178) Thom:
(( works for me. ))
[Sat Sep 01 23:44:38 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens:
(( FF is good ))
[Sat Sep 01 23:44:39 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" The dead should remain just that,dead."
[Sat Sep 01 23:44:55 2007] : (163) Cael:
(( Sounds like a plan ))
[Sat Sep 01 23:45:04 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens:
"If that was true Daelan, Morti wouldnt be with us."
[Sat Sep 01 23:45:46 2007] : (178) Thom:
"And that would be a terrible loss for this group and for the Light."
[Sat Sep 01 23:46:05 2007] :
(208) Cael (enter): 23:46
[Sat Sep 01 23:46:13 2007] : (179) Morti:
:to Sevis: "But I had a divine resurrection, remember? So it worked out fine."
[Sat Sep 01 23:46:23 2007] :
Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Sep 01 23:46:23 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering):
Open Crashed...
[Sat Sep 01 23:46:29 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease:
Booting '(163) Cael' from server...
[Sat Sep 01 23:46:30 2007] :
(163) Cael (exit): 23:46
[Sat Sep 01 23:46:58 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens:
"Ya, but Daelan made a blanket statment."
[Sat Sep 01 23:47:23 2007] : (178) Thom:
"As Daelan is wanton to do."
[Sat Sep 01 23:48:17 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering):
I need to be boosted up to players status...
[Sat Sep 01 23:48:26 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering):
boo for crashing programs.
[Sat Sep 01 23:49:24 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" For a god to turn the tides of life and death,then Morti was not destined to die the day he did,gods do that from time to time to humble those who follow them,have them die and bring them back."
[Sat Sep 01 23:50:08 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens:
"Ya and it cost us a shinny copper as well"
[Sat Sep 01 23:50:43 2007] : (179) Morti:
:scratches his head, as he listens to Dael: "Well.. I didn't think I was supposed to be killed by an undead fiend."
[Sat Sep 01 23:50:52 2007] :
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (208) Cael...
[Sat Sep 01 23:51:37 2007] : (183) Daelan:
" All of us are destined to die Morti,we just do not know when is all.''
[Sat Sep 01 23:52:10 2007] : (179) Morti:
"Guess it's a good thing I got it outta the way then."
[Sat Sep 01 23:52:18 2007] : ** (208) Cael chuckles. **
[Sat Sep 01 23:55:58 2007] : (179) Morti:
(we ff'ing?)
[Sat Sep 01 23:56:18 2007] : (176) DM:
(yep)
[Sat Sep 01 23:56:32 2007] : (176) DM:
(but you're still RPing so I didn't want to interrupt like I so often do)
[Sat Sep 01 23:57:03 2007] : (178) Thom:
(( makes sense, but think we are all good now... ))
[Sat Sep 01 23:58:13 2007] : (178) Thom:
(( smoke break ))
[Sat Sep 01 23:58:14 2007] : (181) Atross:
((Looks that way.)

[Sun Sep 02 00:00:30 2007] : (176) DM: The trip across the sloping hills takes several hours. You see farmers tending their fields and shepherds walking among their flocks. You spot farmhouses with smoke curling from their chimneys. In the distance, mountaintops peek at you over the shoulders of the foothills.

Eventually, you top a small hill and the valley comes into sight. More a crevice than a valley, the sides rise at sharp angles. A thick fog lurks there, rising from the ground itself and sitting fat and heavy between the enclosing ridges on either side. The broken ends of a wooden trestle bridge hang from the hillsides. Sharp-edged remains jut into mid-air. The trails that once continued to either side of the bridge now disappear in the forest, neglected and overgrown.

More impressive still are the shadows that cling to the valley. The wall of fog looms over you as you get closer. The ground takes on a sucking wetness that clings with muddy squelches. The smell ofmildew and rotting vegetation offends your nose.

[Sun Sep 02 00:03:00 2007] : (181) Atross: "The place definitely doesn't make the list of most inviting places I've seen."
[Sun Sep 02 00:03:45 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "True enough, might as well get this over, since we only have until tomarrow to investigate"
[Sun Sep 02 00:03:57 2007] : (178) Thom: "Not exactly the least inviting though either, unfortunately."
[Sun Sep 02 00:03:57 2007] : (208) Cael: "Agreed."
[Sun Sep 02 00:05:24 2007] : (181) Atross: "True enough. At least we're not swimming in this mud yet."
[Sun Sep 02 00:05:28 2007] : ** (178) Thom begins moving forward through the shadows. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:06:05 2007] : (178) Thom: (( can we see the tomb? ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:06:11 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens looks around to see if the broken bridge was required to enter the ruins **
[Sun Sep 02 00:06:11 2007] : ** (179) Morti squishes along, quite used to muddy, stinking places by now **
[Sun Sep 02 00:06:42 2007] : (176) DM: ((nope))
[Sun Sep 02 00:07:37 2007] : ** (183) Daelan steps lightly as he follows the others,his bow held tightly,his left hand resting on his quiver,he speaks one word as he moves forward." Daedeloth." **
[Sun Sep 02 00:07:51 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens picks a direction and heads into the ruins **
[Sun Sep 02 00:08:28 2007] : ** (208) Cael stays near the center of the group, keeping an eye out for any dangers. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:08:32 2007] : ** (178) Thom sticks with Sevis, keeping his eyes open for their target. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:10:09 2007] : ** (181) Atross brings in the rear guard position, his bow blazing its contrast to the dank foggy crevice. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:11:12 2007] : (176) DM: Moss-covered trees resemble hulking creatures that emerge from the fog to menace you. Vines threaten to trip you at every turn. Insects turn their disgruntlement at your intrusion. Just when you think the ground has begun to feel more solid, it gives way to mud that threatens to tug off a boot or send you sprawling face-first into the marsh. Creatures rustle the underbrush just out of sight. Moisture settles in your skin like a chilling death-mist. After a few minutes of plodding through the fog, you begin to see great chunks of slick, shattered stone jutting from the marsh like the slimy teeth and claws of some enormous, petrified beast.

This would be a terrible place to die.

[Sun Sep 02 00:12:44 2007] : (178) Thom: "Ok, this place is approaching some of the least inviting now."
[Sun Sep 02 00:13:00 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Why would a Paladin go wandering around this place alone?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:13:49 2007] : (178) Thom: "Paladins tend to be a little insane in their quest to remove evil. At least, it seems to be the general case."
[Sun Sep 02 00:14:10 2007] : ** (174) Tektite comes up out of the mud "Master why are we in this muck, it's hard for me to travel though it" remains out of the muck and following the group on foot **
[Sun Sep 02 00:14:25 2007] : (183) Daelan: " You have gone to places that others would fear to tread Sevis."
[Sun Sep 02 00:14:45 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "I tend to try not going there alone."
[Sun Sep 02 00:15:49 2007] : (183) Daelan: " You went when the calling came Sevis,do you not recall when your wild brothers called upon the wind for you."
[Sun Sep 02 00:16:34 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Say what?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:17:20 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): Is the landscape natural, or is it corrupted in some way... or am I unable to tell?
[Sun Sep 02 00:18:20 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh, it's totally natural
[Sun Sep 02 00:18:23 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and totally corrupted
[Sun Sep 02 00:18:27 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Sep 02 00:18:47 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): All right.
[Sun Sep 02 00:19:08 2007] : (183) Daelan: ( forget that last statement,got Sevis mixed up with the one in the other game is all)
[Sun Sep 02 00:19:25 2007] : (176) DM: Something moves in the distance, but you're not able to make out what. Instead, you hear it. A loud, squishing, sucking sound, like something LARGE being dislodged from the muck.
[Sun Sep 02 00:19:30 2007] : (181) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Well, as long as we're talking paladins and crazy folk, it's understandable.
[Sun Sep 02 00:19:31 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( hehe figured as much =p ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:19:37 2007] : (178) Thom: (( lol - we starting discussing paladins and Drew forgot who he was. :-P ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:20:10 2007] : ** (178) Thom draws out his rapier, with a glance at his pack. "Sounds like the fun is about to start." **
[Sun Sep 02 00:20:16 2007] : ** (179) Morti flinches at the sound of thebig squishing. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:20:59 2007] : ** (208) Cael looks towards the direction of the noise, trying to find the source. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:21:15 2007] : (181) Atross: "I don't suppose I'm just imagining that?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:21:53 2007] : (208) Cael: "I don't believe so..."
[Sun Sep 02 00:21:55 2007] : (178) Thom: "Afraid not."
[Sun Sep 02 00:21:57 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Aim high Atross."
[Sun Sep 02 00:21:58 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): down, to the northwest
[Sun Sep 02 00:22:10 2007] : (216) Demonwolf (enter): 00:22
[Sun Sep 02 00:22:22 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): What time of day/night is it?
[Sun Sep 02 00:23:12 2007] : (176) DM: Whatever it is rips itself from the ground with great force.
[Sun Sep 02 00:23:14 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens slips into a fighting stance **
[Sun Sep 02 00:23:35 2007] : ** (178) Thom mutters, and his rapier ignights with fire. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:23:37 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Mid-afternoon, though you wouldn't know from the fog and the gloom
[Sun Sep 02 00:23:47 2007] : (178) Thom: (( *ignites even ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:23:55 2007] : ** (179) Morti groans, "Are we going that way?" **
[Sun Sep 02 00:24:07 2007] : (181) Atross: "I'd prefer to not fire blindly."
[Sun Sep 02 00:24:51 2007] : ** (208) Cael looks at Rin'Umarth, "Fly above and see if you can't find the source of the noise." **
[Sun Sep 02 00:25:07 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Not getting my hopes up that he'll see anymore than we can, but its worth a shot.
[Sun Sep 02 00:25:17 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Then open your eyes when it approaches and keep your arrows high Atross."
[Sun Sep 02 00:25:18 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Gotta use my "Speak with Animals" Permanence somehow.
[Sun Sep 02 00:26:11 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): your hawk (falcon?) does so and reports that something LARGE, perhaps a mass of slime dripping vegetation is slowly rising up into the air down a ways into the valley
[Sun Sep 02 00:26:23 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's easily the size of two horses in circumference.
[Sun Sep 02 00:26:48 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens continues walking toward the sound **
[Sun Sep 02 00:27:34 2007] : ** (178) Thom moves to the side some, but also aproaches where the sound came from, keeping his eyes and ears as open as possible. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:27:51 2007] : ** (208) Cael looks to Rin as he returns. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:28:05 2007] : (176) DM: (place the minis at the bottom of the map)
[Sun Sep 02 00:28:50 2007] : (181) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Hmm, I know I saved that somewhere, let me find it real quick...
[Sun Sep 02 00:28:54 2007] : ** (183) Daelan follows Sevis,keeping him in front of him,as he notches an arrow. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:29:05 2007] : (208) Cael: "It appears to be some sort of mass of vegetation, coming up out of the valley, about the size of two horses."
[Sun Sep 02 00:29:23 2007] : (176) DM: (the graphic isn't accurate but it's the closest I could come up with that approximates the creature)
[Sun Sep 02 00:30:41 2007] : (176) DM: Whatever it is, it slowly comes into view. Easily the size of two or three warhorses in circumference, it's covered in slime and vegetation. It's spherical and propels itself of its own accord into the air. It's covered with a multitude of eyelids, all closed.
[Sun Sep 02 00:31:31 2007] : (179) Morti: (knowledge arcane/nature to ID?)
[Sun Sep 02 00:31:36 2007] : ** (208) Cael orders Rin into the air, out of dangers way. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:31:42 2007] : (1) Questing Beast (enter): 00:31
[Sun Sep 02 00:32:27 2007] : (216) Demonwolf (exit): 00:32
[Sun Sep 02 00:33:12 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): And yes, Rin is a hawk.
[Sun Sep 02 00:33:25 2007] : (1) Questing Beast (exit): 00:33
[Sun Sep 02 00:33:57 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "That does not look friendly"
[Sun Sep 02 00:34:23 2007] : (178) Thom: (( how high in the air is it? Just enough to be out of the muck, or actually flying above us? ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:34:49 2007] : (179) Morti: :eyeing the creature: "A guardian which is not a guardian... ya think?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:34:59 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, (either)
[Sun Sep 02 00:35:03 2007] : (176) DM: (either)
[Sun Sep 02 00:35:11 2007] : (179) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [10,18] = (28)
[Sun Sep 02 00:35:17 2007] : (208) Cael: Knowledge (Nature): [1d20+2+4] => [4,2,4] = (10)
[Sun Sep 02 00:35:19 2007] : (176) DM: (it's out of the muck, about 10')
[Sun Sep 02 00:35:32 2007] : (176) DM: (you're higher than it is as it's in the valley floor)
[Sun Sep 02 00:35:40 2007] : (208) Cael: (( Glad I got that roll out of the way ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:36:24 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, you're not sure what it is, whatever it is. it's definitely not natural.
[Sun Sep 02 00:36:47 2007] : (181) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Ok, well I couldn't find where I left it on my computer so I went back to the source for a replacement. Works, I guess.
[Sun Sep 02 00:37:01 2007] : (183) Daelan: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [18,12] = (30)
[Sun Sep 02 00:37:37 2007] : (176) Rhian: "Something's wrong."
[Sun Sep 02 00:37:51 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Sep 02 00:37:51 2007] : (183) Daelan: (whispering): do I know what it is?
[Sun Sep 02 00:37:54 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Whats that?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:38:17 2007] : (178) Thom: "Another storm?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:38:29 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "I don't know, but there's an imbalance in the Power here."
[Sun Sep 02 00:39:06 2007] : (179) Morti: "Is that creature created by the One Power?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:39:18 2007] : (176) Rhian: "That thing, whatever it is, is born partially of the One Power. You will need to give me time to prepare."
[Sun Sep 02 00:39:33 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Sep 02 00:39:45 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you've never seen it before
[Sun Sep 02 00:39:55 2007] : (179) Morti: "Prepare what?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:40:09 2007] : (183) Daelan: (whispering): ok
[Sun Sep 02 00:40:17 2007] : (178) Thom: "Ok, start preparing then. We will wait before attacking, assuming it doesn't come after us of course."
[Sun Sep 02 00:40:59 2007] : ** (208) Cael straps his staff to his back and readies his bow. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:43:44 2007] : (208) Cael: "So, is anyone sure what that is exactly?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:43:58 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Not a clue"
[Sun Sep 02 00:44:03 2007] : (176) Rhian: "Prepare a weave that will kill it."
[Sun Sep 02 00:44:14 2007] : (179) Morti: :shrugs: "A shambling Mound and a Beholder had a hybrid..?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:44:16 2007] : (181) Atross: "Big. Not to mention ugly."
[Sun Sep 02 00:44:21 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens starts looking around to make sure the creature isnt just a distraction **
[Sun Sep 02 00:44:25 2007] : (183) Daelan: " It is not natural."
[Sun Sep 02 00:44:47 2007] : (176) Rhian: "It is an abomination born partially out of the Power but also out of magicka." (looks at Drenla for confirmation, who also nods grimly)
[Sun Sep 02 00:45:29 2007] : (176) DM: The thing slowly rises into the air...
[Sun Sep 02 00:45:59 2007] : (176) DM: (init. you have 2 rounds of action before it gets into range)
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:10 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+10] => [14,10] = (24)
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:11 2007] : (179) Morti: (flying?)
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:14 2007] : (208) Cael: Initiative: [1d20+3+4] => [19,3,4] = (26)
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:15 2007] : (178) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [20,9] = (29)
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:22 2007] : (181) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25)
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:30 2007] : (174) Tektite: Init [1d20+1] => [13,1] = (14)
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:34 2007] : (179) Morti: init: [1d20+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:48 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( wow you three wasted your good roll of the night ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:46:49 2007] : (178) Thom: (( at 10ft in the air, we should still be able to strike if we are over 5 feet tall with 5' reach, yes? :-) ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:47:17 2007] : (178) Thom: (( nah, I got more. Somewhere... *works on loading his dice.* ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:47:24 2007] : (183) Daelan: Init: [1d20+3] => [16,3] = (19)
[Sun Sep 02 00:47:35 2007] : (181) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((Naw, I'm probably due plenty of rolls like that tonight.))
[Sun Sep 02 00:50:52 2007] : (176) DM: (Thom, 29)
[Sun Sep 02 00:51:19 2007] : (176) DM: (it's 60' away but 20' below you)
[Sun Sep 02 00:51:35 2007] : ** (178) Thom moves near Rhian Sedai, taking a defensive stance. "It's coming Rhian." he mutters to her. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:51:44 2007] : (176) DM: (so you have roughly 2 rounds before it gets within striking range)
[Sun Sep 02 00:52:23 2007] : (179) Morti: (but is it moving on the ground?)
[Sun Sep 02 00:52:24 2007] : ** (176) Rhian doesn't respond but instead closes her eyes and spreads her arms out, as if to embrace something. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:52:30 2007] : (178) Thom: (( done ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:52:37 2007] : (176) DM: (it's rising into the air...)
[Sun Sep 02 00:52:44 2007] : (176) DM: (Cael, 26)
[Sun Sep 02 00:53:27 2007] : (178) Thom: (( it's in a slight valley, so it started off well lower than us. Even after rising, it is still lower than us, but above the ground where it is at. ))
[Sun Sep 02 00:54:02 2007] : ** (208) Cael draws an arrow from his quiver, its tip ignites as it leaves the quiver. **
[Sun Sep 02 00:54:52 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Damage for a flame arrow is 1d6 regular, 1d6 fire, right?
[Sun Sep 02 00:55:23 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Short, so 1d6
[Sun Sep 02 00:55:30 2007] : (208) Cael: Weapon 1 Attack: [1d20+7+3] => [18,7,3] = (28) ==> DAMAGE [2d6] => [3,2] = (5)
[Sun Sep 02 00:56:10 2007] : (179) Morti: :To Drenla: "Is that thing flying by magicka or something else?" :as he eyes the creature, trying to figure it out himself.:
[Sun Sep 02 00:56:18 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): (GW): I would have asked earlier, but someone was at my door... at 1 AM.
[Sun Sep 02 00:57:08 2007] : (208) Cael: ((Done))
[Sun Sep 02 00:58:13 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Remove the 3 from that... I didn't type stuff in right...
[Sun Sep 02 00:58:14 2007] : (208) Cael: (whispering): (GW): So a 25 to hit.
[Sun Sep 02 00:58:54 2007] : (176) DM: It seems to be slightly injured but that doesn't stop it's ascent.
[Sun Sep 02 00:59:17 2007] : (176) Drenla: "A spell-like power, it seems."
[Sun Sep 02 00:59:27 2007] : (176) DM: (Atr, 25)
[Sun Sep 02 00:59:43 2007] : (179) Morti: "Could it be dispelled, you think..?"
[Sun Sep 02 00:59:57 2007] : (181) Atross: "Right, so some kind of abominable compost pile is floating this way. Guess I'll have to slow it down while you all figure that out."
[Sun Sep 02 01:00:04 2007] : (176) Drenla: "It's possible."
[Sun Sep 02 01:00:08 2007] : (181) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [2,10,5,2,2,1] = (22)Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [7,10,5,2,2,1] = (27)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1] => [2,5,5,2,2,1] = (17)
[Sun Sep 02 01:00:15 2007] : (179) Morti: :nods:
[Sun Sep 02 01:01:08 2007] : (176) Drenla: (22 misses. Your shot pierces it's skin and out spurts a stream of highly odiferous liquid.)
[Sun Sep 02 01:01:16 2007] : (181) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [5,3,2,2,1] = (13) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Sun Sep 02 01:01:23 2007] : (176) DM: (Sev, 24)
[Sun Sep 02 01:01:48 2007] : (176) DM: Portions of it burst into flame but that does not seem to have slowed it down any.
[Sun Sep 02 01:02:10 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens keeps looking for other threats **
[Sun Sep 02 01:04:17 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( done ))
[Sun Sep 02 01:05:25 2007] : (176) DM: Rhian continues to embrace the Source.
[Sun Sep 02 01:05:56 2007] : (176) DM: (Dael, 19)
[Sun Sep 02 01:06:05 2007] : ** (183) Daelan brings his bow up slowly taking aim at the creature,then suddenly there are three arrows streaking through the air towards the creature. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:06:21 2007] : (183) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [7,21] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [6,3,5,0] = (14)
[Sun Sep 02 01:06:22 2007] : (183) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [13,21] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [3,3,6,0] = (12)
[Sun Sep 02 01:06:22 2007] : (183) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [8,16] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,5,0] = (12)
[Sun Sep 02 01:07:55 2007] : (176) DM: (24 misses. Your shots pierce it's skin -- a paper-thin membrane in actuality, causing ichor to ooze out copiously. However, it does not seem to slow its trajectory.)
[Sun Sep 02 01:08:02 2007] : (176) DM: (Tek, 14)
[Sun Sep 02 01:08:32 2007] : ** (174) Tektite does nothing **
[Sun Sep 02 01:10:23 2007] : (176) DM: The abomination suddenly, slowly, begins opening its eyelids...
[Sun Sep 02 01:10:31 2007] : (176) DM: (Mor, 10)
[Sun Sep 02 01:13:10 2007] : ** (179) Morti draws a deep breath as he looks to the beast. Purposely he weaves his hands, and chants arcane words. As his hands reach forth, a flaming ball of blue light appears, coagulating into the form of a charicatured head in resemblance of the caster, which sticks out a rasping tongue at it's target. (dispel magic) **
[Sun Sep 02 01:13:21 2007] : (179) Morti: Dispel check: [1d20+8] => [13,8] = (21)
[Sun Sep 02 01:13:39 2007] : (179) Morti: (any other effects on the beast to check for?)
[Sun Sep 02 01:15:15 2007] : (176) DM: (nope)
[Sun Sep 02 01:15:36 2007] : (176) DM: Your spell causes it to halt its ascent for the nonce.
[Sun Sep 02 01:16:01 2007] : (179) Morti: (doesn't fall out of the air though?)
[Sun Sep 02 01:16:25 2007] : ** (176) Drenla spreads his hands and hurls a lightning bolt at it. The blast rips a hole through the creature, sending chunks of flesh flying out in all directions. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:16:34 2007] : (176) DM: (no)
[Sun Sep 02 01:16:48 2007] : (176) DM: (Thom, 29)
[Sun Sep 02 01:17:00 2007] : (179) Morti: (Aaaww.. too bad. was hoping to see it drop and roll down the hill like a bowling ball. ^_^)
[Sun Sep 02 01:17:30 2007] : (179) Morti: :shrugs: "Guess it didn't work."
[Sun Sep 02 01:17:54 2007] : ** (178) Thom waits with Rhian for now. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:18:00 2007] : (178) Thom: (( total defense. ))
[Sun Sep 02 01:18:18 2007] : (176) DM: (Cael, 26)
[Sun Sep 02 01:18:27 2007] : ** (208) Cael pulls another arrow from his quiver, again the tip ignites as it is removed. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:18:31 2007] : (208) Cael: Shortbow Attack: [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18) ==> DAMAGE [2d6] => [4,2] = (6)
[Sun Sep 02 01:18:42 2007] : (176) DM: (Atr, 25)
[Sun Sep 02 01:18:44 2007] : (208) Cael: (( And the arrow flies off into the ravine... done ))
[Sun Sep 02 01:19:25 2007] : (181) Atross: "Those eye things are a bit unsettling."
[Sun Sep 02 01:19:38 2007] : ** (181) Atross fires some more arrows at it anyway. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:19:42 2007] : (181) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [2,10,5,2,2,1] = (22)Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [10,10,5,2,2,1] = (30)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1] => [7,5,5,2,2,1] = (22)
[Sun Sep 02 01:19:56 2007] : (181) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [9,3,2,2,1] = (17) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
[Sun Sep 02 01:21:16 2007] : (176) DM: (so is it a 30 or a 22?)
[Sun Sep 02 01:21:43 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( 3 shots, 22, 22, 30 ))
[Sun Sep 02 01:22:15 2007] : (181) Atross: (Ayup.)
[Sun Sep 02 01:22:48 2007] : (176) DM: It's definitely injured, and parts of it are burning, but it doesn't collapse.
[Sun Sep 02 01:22:57 2007] : (176) DM: (Sev, 24)
[Sun Sep 02 01:24:32 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens keeps looking for other threats **
[Sun Sep 02 01:26:10 2007] : ** (176) Rhian makes a throwing motion as spears of ice suddenly coalesce in the air and rush at the abomination with full force, impaling the creature from several angles and causing it to rapidly shrink in size. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:26:24 2007] : (176) DM: (Dael, 19)
[Sun Sep 02 01:26:33 2007] : ** (183) Daelan keeps his bow pointed at the creature as his left hand flashes down to his quiver,suddenly there are 3 more arrows streaking towards the creature. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:26:45 2007] : (183) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [14,21] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [3,3,2,0] = (8)
[Sun Sep 02 01:26:45 2007] : (183) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [16,21] = (37) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [8,3,1,0] = (12)
[Sun Sep 02 01:26:45 2007] : (183) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [6,16] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [5,3,5,0] = (13)
[Sun Sep 02 01:28:54 2007] : (178) Thom: "Nice work Rhian, but it didn't quite kill it."
[Sun Sep 02 01:29:13 2007] : (176) DM: Your arrows pierce its skin and cause it to suddenly explode in a tremendous fireball.
[Sun Sep 02 01:30:11 2007] : (178) Thom: "Although that did the trick. Nice shooting Daelan."
[Sun Sep 02 01:30:40 2007] : ** (183) Daelan slowly lowers his hand back down to his quiver **
[Sun Sep 02 01:31:12 2007] : (176) Rhian: "Be wary. There's more where that came from."

[Sun Sep 02 01:31:39 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: "Wasnt too hard to kill."
[Sun Sep 02 01:32:22 2007] : ** (208) Cael whistles to Rin who swoops down and lands on his arm, "Keep to the skies and warn us of anymore of those creatures." **
[Sun Sep 02 01:32:38 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Atross,with your first shot,do not pull back on the bow string,push forward on the bow,that steadies your arm so that your first arrow hits more often than not same with the second one as well.''
[Sun Sep 02 01:32:39 2007] : (181) Atross: "It's a good thing it didn't get close. Why would something like that be here?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:32:42 2007] : (178) Thom: "Well, we shall keep our eyes and ears open for more, but we aren't going to get closer to the tomb standing here waiting for more to show."
[Sun Sep 02 01:33:16 2007] : (181) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Oh those? Those were um, warning shots, see? =P
[Sun Sep 02 01:33:17 2007] : ** (152) Sevis Goloens starts making his way into the ruins again **
[Sun Sep 02 01:33:27 2007] : (181) Atross: "Worth a try."
[Sun Sep 02 01:33:33 2007] : ** (178) Thom follows. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:34:10 2007] : (179) Morti: "Somehow.. I don't feel safer about going to this place."
[Sun Sep 02 01:34:46 2007] : (208) Cael: "I seem to remember the gleeman mentioning something about traps, is there one among us capable of dealing with them?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:36:06 2007] : (178) Thom: "I can try, but I make no promises."
[Sun Sep 02 01:36:24 2007] : ** (208) Cael nods as he follows the group. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:37:06 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sun Sep 02 01:38:48 2007] : (183) Daelan: " If they are natural traps I can try and find them."
[Sun Sep 02 01:39:35 2007] : (181) Atross: "I'm afraid we can't expect much to be natural up ahead, judging from that thing."
[Sun Sep 02 01:39:35 2007] : ** (183) Daelan steps lightly as he follows the others,his bow still gripped in his hand. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:40:24 2007] : ** (178) Thom makes his way through the ruins, keeping his senses sharp for other creatures that may be waiting for them. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:41:07 2007] : (221) Cael (enter): 01:41
[Sun Sep 02 01:41:19 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Sep 02 01:41:19 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): Crashed again.
[Sun Sep 02 01:41:44 2007] : (176) Zarenna: Your victory is tempered by the arrival of a withered crone.

The old woman steps from the fog into view 20' away. Perched on each of her bony shoulders is a tiny, bat-wjnged creature with a needle-like proboscis.

The crone's face splits into a wide grin.

[Sun Sep 02 01:42:24 2007] : (176) Skriku: "I see now what the ruckus is all about. Someone finally slew the abomination that's been eating my favorite pets! My name is Skriku. What brings you here?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:42:25 2007] : (178) Thom: "No chance of just letting us by, is there?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:42:32 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (221) Cael...
[Sun Sep 02 01:42:35 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(208) Cael' from room...
[Sun Sep 02 01:42:36 2007] : (208) Cael (exit): 01:42
[Sun Sep 02 01:42:48 2007] : (178) Thom: "Actually, he does." points out Cael.
[Sun Sep 02 01:43:19 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Sep 02 01:43:19 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): I do what? Open crashed, I feel I missed something...
[Sun Sep 02 01:43:33 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a crone appears in front of the party
[Sun Sep 02 01:43:34 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): Oops, that was suppose to be gw.
[Sun Sep 02 01:43:38 2007] : ** (179) Morti stares to the old woman, eyeing the strange creatures with her **
[Sun Sep 02 01:44:03 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): I do what? open crashed, want to make sure I'm not missing anything...
[Sun Sep 02 01:44:18 2007] : (176) DM: She smiles but her grin leaves you with a deep feeling of unease.
[Sun Sep 02 01:44:28 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Wait, had to re-read, get it now.
[Sun Sep 02 01:46:00 2007] : (221) Cael: "We are here in search of information, and why might you be here?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:46:02 2007] : (179) Morti: "Do you live here, Ma'am,?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:48:34 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Why, yes, I do."
[Sun Sep 02 01:48:43 2007] : (222) Normal (enter): 01:48
[Sun Sep 02 01:48:53 2007] : (176) Skriku: "This" -- gestures around her -- "is my humble home."
[Sun Sep 02 01:49:12 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: (( I am fading, so unless you have anothr fight planed I am gona hit the sack ))
[Sun Sep 02 01:49:27 2007] : (176) DM: (k)
[Sun Sep 02 01:49:42 2007] : (176) DM: (give your node to someone and also to me)
[Sun Sep 02 01:49:49 2007] : (174) Tektite: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 02 01:49:49 2007] : (174) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (exit): 01:49
[Sun Sep 02 01:49:58 2007] : (222) Normal (exit): 01:49
[Sun Sep 02 01:50:02 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease has sent you a tree node...
[Sun Sep 02 01:50:06 2007] : ** (178) Thom takes a look around. "Nice, uh, place." **
[Sun Sep 02 01:50:33 2007] : (152) Sevis Goloens: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 02 01:50:33 2007] : (152) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 01:50
[Sun Sep 02 01:51:27 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Figuring out how to phrase questions is what always kills me...
[Sun Sep 02 01:51:44 2007] : (176) Skriku: "So what can Skriku do for you?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:52:12 2007] : ** (178) Thom keeps to the side, letting Cael take the lead since this is really his quest. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:52:43 2007] : (221) Cael: "Perhaps you could enlighten us as to the meaning of a prophecy that currently holds the village of Ruairi in fear, and how we may prevent it."
[Sun Sep 02 01:54:48 2007] : (221) Cael: "Or at least what part the ruins in the area play in it."
[Sun Sep 02 01:54:54 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Ah." (snickers)
[Sun Sep 02 01:55:24 2007] : (176) Skriku: "You ask Skriku a difficult question. What can you offer Skriku as payment?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:55:32 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): I hate it when the snicker
[Sun Sep 02 01:55:46 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): and when they do that
[Sun Sep 02 01:56:11 2007] : (223) A Sneaky Person (enter): 01:56
[Sun Sep 02 01:56:27 2007] : (223) A Sneaky Person (exit): 01:56
[Sun Sep 02 01:56:30 2007] : (221) Cael: "I suppose the answer to that question would all depend on what we have and what you want."
[Sun Sep 02 01:56:50 2007] : (178) Thom: "What about killing the creature that was eating your pets?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:57:41 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Skriku values many things. Many things, some physical like a shiny, some not. Skriku sees you are powerful, powerful adventurers. Powerful adventurers have shinies, yes? Or power, yes? Skriku can give you what you want in exchange for something equal in value, yes?"
[Sun Sep 02 01:57:43 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Why do I suddenly feel like that "A guard who isn't a guard" line is gonna come back and bite us...
[Sun Sep 02 01:58:48 2007] : ** (176) Skriku strokes each of the creatures on her shoulders and looks at you, then snickers. **
[Sun Sep 02 01:59:58 2007] : ** (221) Cael looks back to the group questioningly, raising one eyebrow. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:00:42 2007] : (178) Thom: (( you got leftover shinys, yes Cael? :-P ))
[Sun Sep 02 02:01:08 2007] : (221) Cael: (( I was waiting for that one ))
[Sun Sep 02 02:01:28 2007] : ** (221) Cael pulls out a gold piece and begins to play with it. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:01:53 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Ah."
[Sun Sep 02 02:03:11 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Now we are getting somewhere, yes? Skriku sees that you are here and guesses that you wish to know of the Fallen Tower, yes?"
[Sun Sep 02 02:03:40 2007] : (221) Cael: "That would all depend on what this tower has to do with the prophecy."
[Sun Sep 02 02:03:41 2007] : ** (176) Rhian narrows her eyes at the crone but says nothing. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:03:55 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): ... I feel so dirty...
[Sun Sep 02 02:04:25 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Prophecy? Skriku does not possess the power to foretell though there are many prophecies."
[Sun Sep 02 02:04:59 2007] : (221) Cael: (( I can't find my notes, but I would recite the prophecy... I can only remember that it says "Stranger" a lot. ))
[Sun Sep 02 02:05:07 2007] : (221) Cael: "Does that one see familiar."
[Sun Sep 02 02:05:16 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Ask her about the fallen paladin."
[Sun Sep 02 02:05:42 2007] : ** (221) Cael nods at Daelan. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:05:51 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Ah, the paladin. Yes, a paladin came here recently looking for trouble. She found it inside the Fallen Tower."
[Sun Sep 02 02:06:20 2007] : (221) Cael: "What sort of trouble?"
[Sun Sep 02 02:06:33 2007] : (176) Skriku: "The guardian who is not a guardian slew the paladin and her squire."
[Sun Sep 02 02:07:55 2007] : ** (176) Skriku smiles. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:07:59 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Well atleast we do not have to kill something for her to answer us."
[Sun Sep 02 02:08:25 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Now, Skriku wishes to exact payment for her answers, yes?"
[Sun Sep 02 02:09:29 2007] : ** (221) Cael nods. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:09:41 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Answer,not answers,you only gave one answer to our question."
[Sun Sep 02 02:10:53 2007] : (221) Cael: "That may be true, however, she did answer it, and she will be paid for it."
[Sun Sep 02 02:11:27 2007] : ** (221) Cael pulls out 9 more gold coins. "Would this be sufficient payment?" **
[Sun Sep 02 02:12:05 2007] : (176) Skriku: "That will be sufficient, yes."
[Sun Sep 02 02:12:45 2007] : ** (176) Skriku strokes her pets again and smiles. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:13:04 2007] : ** (221) Cael hands the gold pieces over (walking towards her if the gap hadn't already been closed, however, remaining on his guard). **
[Sun Sep 02 02:14:47 2007] : ** (176) Skriku takes the coins eagerly and pockets them swiftly. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:16:34 2007] : (176) Skriku: "Skriku has no words of wisdom to offer you, save this: the guardian who is not a guardian guards the entrance to the Fallen Tower, where within you will find that which you seek to save those who live in Ruairi."
[Sun Sep 02 02:17:09 2007] : ** (178) Thom nods to Skiru, "May you and your pets enjoy the peace of the abomination's demise." **
[Sun Sep 02 02:17:14 2007] : (221) Cael: "I thank you for your help..."
[Sun Sep 02 02:17:23 2007] : ** (221) Cael gives a slight bow. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:17:28 2007] : ** (176) Skriku nods and bows low, while snickering in a mocking manner. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:17:48 2007] : (176) DM: The crone steps back into the fog, out of sight.
[Sun Sep 02 02:19:09 2007] : ** (178) Thom shivers slightly as the crone disappears. "Let's head off to the tower then. Sounds like a good place to start, regardless." **
[Sun Sep 02 02:19:33 2007] : (183) Daelan: " We are going to regret the fact that we did not kill her when we had the chance."
[Sun Sep 02 02:19:39 2007] : (221) Cael: "I agree, however, be sure to remain on guard, I'm certain there was something she purposefully left out."
[Sun Sep 02 02:22:04 2007] : (178) Thom: "Likely, but I doubt there was much we could have done to get those answers."
[Sun Sep 02 02:22:15 2007] : ** (178) Thom starts making his way toward the fallen tower. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:22:22 2007] : ** (221) Cael follows **
[Sun Sep 02 02:24:07 2007] : ** (181) Atross follows on, looking around for signs of where the strange Skriku dwells. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:24:28 2007] : (176) DM: Eventually you descend to the valley floor and are about to ford a stream, when a pale apparition of a tattered and torn young man emerges silently from the fog astride a translucent gray war horse.

The spirit wears a tunic decorated with an embroidered symbol of Bralvanyr. His eyes convey an eternity of grief. Now, looking at you, the man's face shifts and changes, hardening into rage. You can almost sense his frustrated need for vengeance.

[Sun Sep 02 02:24:53 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): ... crap...
[Sun Sep 02 02:25:17 2007] : (176) DM: It moans, "Shaunnnra. Shaunnnra...."
[Sun Sep 02 02:26:20 2007] : (178) Thom: "No, Thoommm."
[Sun Sep 02 02:26:35 2007] : ** (183) Daelan stops as he stares at the dead person. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:27:03 2007] : ** (221) Cael halts, preparing himself for anything. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:27:09 2007] : (183) Daelan: " That was the name of the Paladin I believe."
[Sun Sep 02 02:27:12 2007] : ** (176) The shade raises his war mace and grips it, as he takes a step forward. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:27:38 2007] : (178) Thom: "And he doesn't seem to want to talk either."
[Sun Sep 02 02:27:48 2007] : (176) DM: (as the steed takes a step forward*)
[Sun Sep 02 02:28:24 2007] : (221) Cael: "Are you perhaps the squire of the fallen paladin Shaunra?"
[Sun Sep 02 02:28:51 2007] : ** (176) The shade glares at Cael, and then responds with a slow nod. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:29:11 2007] : (221) Cael: "What is it you seek squire?"
[Sun Sep 02 02:29:52 2007] : (176) The shade: "Vengeance against the one who slew Shaunnnra."
[Sun Sep 02 02:30:17 2007] : (221) Cael: "Against the guardian who is not a guardian?"
[Sun Sep 02 02:30:20 2007] : (183) Daelan: " When is a guardian not a guardian? When it is a protector."
[Sun Sep 02 02:30:54 2007] : (176) The shade: "An undead devil slew Shaunnra. It has no name."
[Sun Sep 02 02:31:12 2007] : (221) Cael: "Might this un-named one be found in the fallen tower?"
[Sun Sep 02 02:32:21 2007] : (176) The shade: "It came from the fog with death in its eyes. My Shaunnra....my teeeacher. She drew her sword and callllled upon holy Bralvanyr to fight beside her. I diiiiiied. Shaunnnnnraaaa. Shaunnnnnnnraaaaa. The evil stole your soul. It took you awaaaaay. Shaunnnnnnraaaaaaaaa.....find her and lay her to rest."
[Sun Sep 02 02:33:04 2007] : ** (221) Cael looks to the ground, thinking aloud, "The priestess in Ruairi was unable to raise the Paladin... that is because her soul is trapped here!" **
[Sun Sep 02 02:33:11 2007] : ** (178) Thom glances around at the party, making note of Zarenna and Rhian especially. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:33:15 2007] : (176) The shade: "It took her to the catacombs, the realm of the dead. Search there and you will find her."
[Sun Sep 02 02:33:53 2007] : ** (176) Zarenna looks blankly, uncomprehending. Rhian narrows her eyes as if in concentration but says nothing. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:34:15 2007] : (221) Cael: "In doing so, your soul will also find peace?"
[Sun Sep 02 02:35:05 2007] : (176) Zarenna: "Free her and put her to rest. Only then will I find true peace. In the catacombs. Search in the catacombs. Shaunnnnrraaaaa."
[Sun Sep 02 02:35:15 2007] : (176) DM: (man, I keep messing up)
[Sun Sep 02 02:36:10 2007] : ** (221) Cael looks at the group, "I know that this has already taken you out of your way..." Cael cuts off, believing the rest of his sentence to be implied. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:37:03 2007] : (183) Daelan: " We are here,may as well see it through to the end."
[Sun Sep 02 02:37:50 2007] : (178) Thom: "An undead devil? It needs to be removed from here, in addition to saving two souls."
[Sun Sep 02 02:38:15 2007] : ** (221) Cael smiles and nods. "Thank you." **
[Sun Sep 02 02:38:51 2007] : (221) Cael: :Turning back to the Shade: "We shall free your Shaunndra's soul, you have my word."
[Sun Sep 02 02:39:03 2007] : (221) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Now we have to do it, my word is on the line.
[Sun Sep 02 02:39:05 2007] : ** (178) Thom sheathes his rapier, which was still out from the previous battle. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:39:14 2007] : ** (176) The shade nods and sighs, then turns to look elsewhere. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:39:22 2007] : (176) The shade: "Shaunnnraaa. Shaunnnraaa."
[Sun Sep 02 02:39:45 2007] : (221) Cael: (( Yeah... Shaunnra, I'll spell it right one of these times ))
[Sun Sep 02 02:40:43 2007] : ** (221) Cael sets forward with renewed vigor. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:40:54 2007] : ** (179) Morti blinks as he stares at the spirit's fading. Finally he speaks, "So.. we're delving into the underworld to retrieve a woman's soul then?" **
[Sun Sep 02 02:41:04 2007] : (181) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Folks, with that, I'm going to get some freaking food. Fast food, methinks.
[Sun Sep 02 02:41:10 2007] : (181) Atross: "Underground, I believe."
[Sun Sep 02 02:41:11 2007] : ** (221) Cael looks back, "Indeed we are." **
[Sun Sep 02 02:41:26 2007] : (221) Cael: "Correct, not the underworld... simply underground."
[Sun Sep 02 02:41:41 2007] : (179) Morti: "Ah..."
[Sun Sep 02 02:42:11 2007] : ** (179) Morti takes a second to think.. something over, before following. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:42:12 2007] : (221) Cael: "You see Morti, I was told in Ruairi that the priestess was unable to raise the Paladin, so, I believe that it means that her soul has been unable to leave this plane of existance.
[Sun Sep 02 02:43:04 2007] : (179) Morti: "Okay." :takes a moment to cast an abjurtion while they walk(mage armor)
[Sun Sep 02 02:43:07 2007] : ** (178) Thom takes off his pack and retrives a sheathed sword from within it. He straps it on and slides his rapier over before replacing his pack. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:43:58 2007] : ** (183) Daelan moves up behind Thom," I will cover you as you look for traps." **
[Sun Sep 02 02:45:08 2007] : (178) Thom: "Sounds good, just keep in mind travel will likely be slow." Thom starts to descend into the tower, searching for traps as they go along.
[Sun Sep 02 02:45:31 2007] : (176) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Sep 02 02:45:33 2007] : (183) Daelan: " Better to be slow and alive,than fast and dead."
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:04 2007] : ** (178) Thom nods. **
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:09 2007] : (176) DM: (we can stop here)
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:18 2007] : (176) DM: (seeing as how I have to map things out)
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:23 2007] : (221) Cael: (( Sounds good ))
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:29 2007] : (176) DM: (and D has to eat)
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:34 2007] : (178) Thom: (( sounds good. ))
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:47 2007] : (183) Daelan: (( sounds good))
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:48 2007] : (176) DM: see you in a week
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:52 2007] : (179) Morti: (okey)
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:56 2007] : Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Sep 02 02:46:57 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
[Sun Sep 02 02:47:03 2007] : (176) DM: night guys
[Sun Sep 02 02:47:05 2007] : (179) Morti: g'nite
[Sun Sep 02 02:47:08 2007] : (221) Cael: Have a good one.
[Sun Sep 02 02:47:09 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Sep 02 02:47:11 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms