Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
15 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
13 Guests
Registered Users: Brianbob, JerryRuivy


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Aug 25 22:26:29 2007] : Moving to room 'Damrosil'

[Sat Aug 25 22:27:46 2007] : (77) Zane: Check out the full room.
[Sat Aug 25 22:27:47 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: woo, we have a full house tonight. how 'bout that
[Sat Aug 25 22:27:48 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sat Aug 25 22:27:58 2007] : (77) Zane: and it's not even past time to start!
[Sat Aug 25 22:28:10 2007] : (66) Cael: I know, according to my clock, we're early.
[Sat Aug 25 22:28:12 2007] : (62) Dj Gilcrease: first time in a while
[Sat Aug 25 22:28:13 2007] : (77) Zane: Ok, who is everyone and what have we done with the real us?
[Sat Aug 25 22:28:39 2007] : (62) Dj Gilcrease: afk for a smoke before we start
[Sat Aug 25 22:28:46 2007] : (78) Lunauc: I can disapear for an hour if it makes you more comfortable.
[Sat Aug 25 22:28:58 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: heh
[Sat Aug 25 22:29:00 2007] : (66) Cael: Eventually I will find a text color I like, however, I've narrowed it into the greens.
[Sat Aug 25 22:29:06 2007] : (76) Donovan: I think there's a moving playing *somewhere* if you prefer.
[Sat Aug 25 22:29:33 2007] : (77) Zane: good idea dj. Same for me. Besides, Stash probably needs some dinner, yes?
[Sat Aug 25 22:30:53 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: yep
[Sat Aug 25 22:31:25 2007] : (66) Cael: I grabbed food on my way back from the game store, so I'm ready when everyone else is.
[Sat Aug 25 22:33:57 2007] : (77) Zane: back, and good to go.
[Sat Aug 25 22:34:57 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (109) DM: As you round a bend in the road, you can see a corpse lying stretched out across the road.
** (91) Thom calls to Daelan and moves forward to the body, searching for any signs of nearby attackers. **
** (86) Daelan stops in his tracks,unslinging his bow in an instant,his hand dropping to his quiver as he scans the area. **
** (87) Cael stops, looking around. He sends Rin to the air to watch for any danger before moving towards the body. **
** (105) Atross circles the body to the opposite side, watching for anyone still nearby as he covers the terrain, bow at the ready. **
(109) DM: This appears to be a simply dressed half-elf.
** (86) Daelan moves over to the body,scanning the ground for any recent tracks. **
** (106) Morti groans as he stares ahead at the downed figure, gripping his staff tight as he looks about warily with the others **
** (91) Thom makes sure the half-elf is indeed dead and not just knocked unconscious or anything once he reaches the body. **
(109) DM: He seems to have been a courier or messenger of some kind. Bags and pouches are strewn across the road, as if whatever or whomever slew him did not bother to take his belongings.
(109) DM: A jeweled dagger of unusual make lies off to one side.
(105) Atross: "It seems a bad case of killing the messenger."
** (91) Thom notices the dagger and reaches for it before pausing. He then takes out his father's rapier and uses the tip of it to move the dagger closer to him. **
** (87) Cael checks the body for signs of what killed him. **
(109) DM: A half-open satchel lies a few feet from the body, which is beginning to show signs of rot.
(109) DM: A few silver marks are tossed casually aside.
** (106) Morti approaches slowly, asking with worry, "H-how was he...?" **
(106) Morti: :gulp: "Killed.... how was he killed?"
(91) Thom: "Rhian Sedai, you are most likely to understand any significance of markings on his letters, would you collect them and see if anything strikes you as curious enough to maybe cause this to happen?"
** (91) Thom looks over the dagger itself. **
(87) Cael: "He was stabbed, and apparently whipped."
** (109) Rhian Sedai nods and examines his belongings. **
(87) Cael: "The attack was brutal."
(91) Thom: "So, humanoid, and not likely a wild animal then, yes?"
(87) Cael: "No, this is not the work of a wild animal."
(86) Daelan: " The attack took place several days ago."
** (91) Thom picks up the jeweled dagger and looks it over, seeing if it is indded functional or merely decorative. **
(86) Daelan: " The tracks head South.'
(91) Thom: "I agree Daelan, doesn't appear recent. Rhian Sedai, is this road so rarely used that a body can lie here for days without notice?"
(109) Rhian Sedai: "This is one of the main roads between Ruairi and points north. However since we are north of the
Bridge of Voices, most folk prefer to steer clear of the Lalvas'rhimm as we are still technically within their land.
** (91) Thom also pulls out several scroll cases that he comes across, each with the seal broken. "Who wants to wager that what the killer was after was in one, or all, of these?" he asks as he shows the cases. **
(91) Thom: (( Lalvas'rhimm? ))
(86) Daelan: " That dagger is not of Quessir make."
(87) Cael: (( The tribe of Green Elves that Cael is from ))
(85) Sevis Goloens: (( Green elf trib of watchers ))
(91) Thom: "No, it appears to be quite a brutal weapon. And judging from this one's other possessions, it does not match at all."
(91) Thom: (( knew I heard it somewhere... :-) ))
(86) Daelan: " Do we follow the tracks?"
(105) Atross: "Which way do you think this messenger was heading? North to the Lalvas'rhimm, or South towards Nith'Tar Valon?
(91) Thom: "Soon Daelan. Since the attack is days old, it's not likely that a short time here is going to mean us losing the attacker."
(86) Daelan: " Well like I said the tracks head South."
(91) Thom: "Tracks of the messenger, or the attacker? Or both?"
** (91) Thom moves around the body, checking it out from different angles as he makes sure they haven't missed any signs. **
(86) Daelan: " The Messenger was heading North."
** (106) Morti moves in to eye the dagger carefully a moment. **
(109) DM: A prominent ruby, about half the size of Thom's thumb, is ensconced in the hilt.
(91) Thom: "So likely coming from Nith'Tar Valon. Since we are headed that way, maybe we should try to return the remaining messages, so that those who sent them knows they will not be recieved."
(109) DM: A scrap of parchment can be seen underneath the half-elf's body.
** (91) Thom carries the dagger for now, but seeing Morti trying to look at it, he offers it to the magus for study. "Careful, there is no sheath and that hooked blade appear quite dangerous." **
** (91) Thom pulls out the parchment and looks it over. **
** (87) Cael looks at Thom, "What is it?" **
(106) Morti: :nods to thom: "Dnagerous magic in that blade... necromancy."
(91) Thom: "Cael, think this blade might have killed the messenger?"
** (87) Cael looks at Morti at the mention of necromancy. "Do you know the purpose of the blade?" **
(106) Morti: "Uh.. killing folks.. most likely." :raises a brow to the elf:
(86) Daelan: " Well Rhian atleast we know why there was a large flock of ravens around here."
(87) Cael: "My apologies Morti, the magic in the blade, do you know what it is?"
(106) Morti: :shakes head: "Not specifically, no."
** (91) Thom stops looking at the paper shortly after picking it up. "I think you might want to see this." he says to Cael, handing the parchment to him. **
(91) Thom: Thom holds his hand out to Morti for the dagger. "Well, let's not use it then, who knows what effects it might have. I think I can find a place to keep it for now."
** (87) Cael cocks an eyebrow at Thom as he takes the parchment. **
** (91) Thom holds his hand out to Morti for the dagger. "Well, let's not use it then, who knows what effects it might have. I think I can find a place to keep it for now." **
** (106) Morti hands the dagger over, gladly **
** (86) Daelan takes the corpse off the road,moving it to a nicer place,hopefully to an area where there is a tree or two,then begins to place rocks over the body. **
** (91) Thom helps Daelan as the others deal with the papers. **
(106) Morti: "So.. what is the paperwork about?"
(109) Rhian Sedai: "I can make nothing of this. Drenla?"
(109) Drenla: "That dagger contains a great deal of magicka."
(109) Drenla: "But more than that, I cannot say."
(86) Daelan: " He may not have been a pure Quessir,but he still deserves to be buried proper. I thank you for you help Thom."
(109) Rhian Sedai: "He appears to have been a messenger, from what I can see. Most of these are letters and notes of minor import."
(91) Thom: "Of course. You are correct, leaving his body out there would not suffice. I only wish I knew his name."
** (87) Cael reads over the letter. The look on his face shifts from one of confusion to seriousness. **
(106) Morti: "Do you know who the papers are addressed from? If so, you could ask his employer who he was."
(87) Cael: "He was carrying a letter to me from one of my family."
** (91) Thom finishes helping Daelan and he says a quick generic prayer for the hal-elf before returning to the others. **
(91) Thom: "At least one message found it's way then."
(106) Morti: :blinks to Cale: "Is it ... serious..?"
(87) Cael: "Apparently there is some sort of trouble in Ruari, I've been asked to help in the solution."
(87) Cael: "I will have to talk with Valkoris before I know mroe details."
(106) Morti: "W-what kind of trouble?"
(86) Daelan: " Well it is on our way."
(91) Thom: "Won't your family be surprised by the speed with which you arrive then?"
** (91) Thom looks to Rhian. "How far to Ruari?" **
** (86) Daelan begins to head South,following the days old tracks. **
(87) Cael: "From the sounds of things, the faster my arrival, the better."
** (109) Rhian Sedai peers into the sky and thinks a moment. "About half a day or so, if we walk through the night. If not, we should arrive sometime tomorrow in the early afternoon." **
(109) Rhian Sedai: "That is, if we can avoid the storm."
(109) DM: Oddly enough, the sky is clear.
(91) Thom: "Then let's get going. I'm up for an evening stroll. Morti, you still got that light of yours, right?"
** (91) Thom looks up to the sky and then to Rhian, "Storm?" **
** (106) Morti nods **
(109) Rhian Sedai: "Can't you feel it? There's a storm brewing."
** (87) Cael begins down the path after Daelan, his entire demeanor seems different than before. **
** (109) Rhian Sedai pulls her cloak across her shoulders. **
(105) Atross: "Well a family reunion could come under better circumstances, but still, it could also be worse."
** (91) Thom reaches his hand out to the air around him. "Nope, but then again I can't do a fraction of a fraction of what you can do. So let's get moving." **
** (91) Thom makes sure everyone gets moving along and takes the rear guard position. **
** (86) Daelan begins to quicken his pace **
** (105) Atross does indeed get moving along. **
(87) Cael: "While I don't know you all too well, and you have no reason to help me, I am not sure if I alone will be enough to help with whatever it is my cousin summons me for..."
(87) Cael: "Any assitance you are able to give would be appreciated, and I would be indebted to you."
(87) Cael: (( assistance* ))
(91) Thom: (( ok - So Daelan, Cael, Donovan, then Morti/Rhian/Drenla, and followed by Thom. That order good? And I am leaving responding to Cael to one closer to him, unless he is yelling - which I doubt. ))
(105) Atross: "Of course we'll help. Right, Daelan?"
(87) Cael: (( Sounds good to me, and I didn't yell it by any means, but it wasn't the usual, calm voice he has been using. ))
(86) Daelan: " He is Calen so I will help,and he will not be indebted either."
(87) Cael: "I have a feeling Daelan, than after you meet my cousin, you may feel that I am indebted to you."
(86) Daelan: " I hold none against thier will nor as a slave,we Calen need to stand together."
(86) Daelan: " In case you are wondering it was a Human that killed the messenger Cael."
(87) Cael: "I care not who it was, only the reason for which they did it."
(109) Rhian Sedai: "We should arrive early in the morning then, if we walk through the night."
(87) Cael: "Perhaps it would be best if I went on ahead, I could arrive there earlier and meet you outside the city with more information."
(86) Daelan: " Perhaps the reason the messenger was killed was to keep the note from you Cael."
(86) Daelan: " But if you are so inclined to go off on your own,I can not stop you."
(91) Thom: (( too bad Thom's at the back, he'd love that comment from Daelan... oh well, missed opportunites and all. ))
(105) Atross: "If you go ahead, be careful. For whatever the reason, that killer could still be in Ruairi."
(109) DM: ((going to stop soon fyi))
(87) Cael: "While that may be true, if the killer's intent was to keep the letter from me, than as far as he knows, he has succeeded, and wouldn't expect me to arrive in Ruari now, especilly as early as I would."
(86) Daelan: " As you wish Cael,safe travels until we meet once more."
(87) Cael: "I will meet you on the path in the morning, safe travels to you also."
** (87) Cael takes the form of an Eagle and flies off towards Ruari. **
(87) Cael: (( And eagle has a fly speed of 80, just to give you a point of reference. ))
** (86) Daelan slows his pace as Cael takes off,to let the others catch up to him. **
** (91) Thom sees an eagle that seems to leap from the group ahead of him and fly south. After just a moment, he puts it together. "That is a neat trick." **
(86) Daelan: " He must be one with nature to do that."

[Sat Aug 25 22:35:05 2007] : (79) DM: (from last time)
[Sat Aug 25 22:35:09 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Aug 25 22:35:09 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Aug 25 22:35:54 2007] : (62) Dj Gilcrease: (( So I am already in the city when they show up right? ))
[Sat Aug 25 22:36:18 2007] : ** (77) Thom continues to move group along as he keeps the rear guard. **
[Sat Aug 25 22:37:00 2007] : ** (68) Daelan continues to stay ahead of the others,though not that far ahead of them. **
[Sat Aug 25 22:37:07 2007] : (79) DM: ((in which city?))
[Sat Aug 25 22:37:50 2007] : (77) Thom: (( we are heading to Ruari first. ))
[Sat Aug 25 22:38:14 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: (( ya Ruairi ))
[Sat Aug 25 22:38:28 2007] : (79) DM: ((They're on their way to Ruairi. I'll have Zarenna be there as her ordeal with the Black Ajah stressed her out.))
[Sat Aug 25 22:38:51 2007] : (77) Thom: (( as one might expect in such a situation. :-) ))
[Sat Aug 25 22:39:41 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: (( ok ))
[Sat Aug 25 22:39:59 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, TaliesinNYC, Lunauc, Zane, Donovan, Daelan, Cael, (GW): assume it's a few hours later from when we last left off. roughly mid-afternoon.
[Sat Aug 25 22:40:46 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Aug 25 22:40:46 2007] : (77) Zane: k
[Sat Aug 25 22:40:47 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): All right, about how much earlier did I arrive?
[Sat Aug 25 22:41:32 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): hmmm, say the party is 2 or 3 hours behind you.
[Sat Aug 25 22:41:51 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): Sounds good to me
[Sat Aug 25 22:43:30 2007] : (79) DM: (ok, going over my notes for a bit)
[Sat Aug 25 22:44:10 2007] : (79) DM: Rhian's comment earlier notwithstanding, the sky remains clear and the rest of your journey uneventful after encountering the murdered courier earlier.
[Sat Aug 25 22:45:58 2007] : (66) Cael: As soon as I was close to the city, I would have landed, changed back, then walked the rest of the way, asking the first person I saw where I might find the cobbler Valkoris.
[Sat Aug 25 22:46:00 2007] : ** (77) Thom comments to Rhian. "Are you sure about that storm?" **
[Sat Aug 25 22:47:10 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): It's more of a village
[Sat Aug 25 22:47:35 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): a small farming village that has characteristics like a town but retains some rural traits
[Sat Aug 25 22:47:54 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): you would have gotten directions
[Sat Aug 25 22:48:41 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "As sure as I'll ever be. I can feel it in my bones."
[Sat Aug 25 22:48:53 2007] : ** (76) Atross tries to travel casually. Reassuring himself of the trainquility of the countryside often, however, makes him still look nervous. **
[Sat Aug 25 22:49:24 2007] : (66) Cael: After recieving directions, I would head off in that direction, thanking the person before I left of course.
[Sat Aug 25 22:49:34 2007] : (78) Morti: "In your bones...?" :gives a quizzical look as he walks along. Curiously he tries to focus his attention on his own bones, seeing if he can feel anything:
[Sat Aug 25 22:49:36 2007] : ** (68) Daelan points out some things to Atross,showing him the tracks,even though some seem almost invisible. **
[Sat Aug 25 22:49:55 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "I haven't been here in some time. It'll be like a homecoming to me. I'm looking forward to seeing the Tower again. And Master Tovene, the gleeman."
[Sat Aug 25 22:50:28 2007] : (78) Morti: "What's a gleeman?" :asks as he focuses on his bones:
[Sat Aug 25 22:51:04 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "A bard. A piper, a singer or teller of tales. A minstrel. We call them 'gleemen'."
[Sat Aug 25 22:51:38 2007] : (78) Morti: "Aaaah.. I like those types. Does he know any good stories?"
[Sat Aug 25 22:52:18 2007] : ** (78) Morti holds a highly concentrated expression upon his mask. **
[Sat Aug 25 22:53:16 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "Master Tovene has a wide range, from stories of Ages past to tales of grand adventure and epic battles. He has a special skill that is unmatched in these parts."
[Sat Aug 25 22:54:28 2007] : (78) Morti: :nods: "I hope I get a chance to listen to some." :frowns strangely:
[Sat Aug 25 22:54:43 2007] : whispering to Cael, one thing strikes you as odd -- the residents of Ruairi are unfriendly. Civil yes, respectful yes, but not exactly welcoming either.
[Sat Aug 25 22:55:31 2007] : (68) Daelan: I continue to follow the tracks even though they seem to be leading towards a town.
[Sat Aug 25 22:55:40 2007] : (77) Thom: "What do you mean by special skill?"
[Sat Aug 25 22:56:34 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "I'm sure you will. By rights tradition, gleemen pay for their room and board with a well-chosen tale or a song or three. He can often be found holding court tableside by the fire at an inn or tavern."
[Sat Aug 25 22:57:23 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "I have yet to see someone not become captivated by Tovene's tale-telling. They seem so real."
[Sat Aug 25 22:58:04 2007] : (66) Cael: Noticing that, I would for the most part keep to myself, giving polite nods to those as I cross paths with them. Being respectful, courteous, and would try to keep to myself on my way.
[Sat Aug 25 22:58:15 2007] : (78) Morti: "That's good to hear." :offers positively, while still frowning. He lifts his left hand up, staring at it hard as he walks.:
[Sat Aug 25 22:58:18 2007] : (77) Thom: "Well, I'd love to put that to the test. After all that I've seen in the past, however long it's been now, I doubt that I would be an easy audience for him."
[Sat Aug 25 23:02:24 2007] : (78) Morti: "Anything else of interest in Ruari?" :asks as he contemplates his hand:
[Sat Aug 25 23:03:30 2007] : (79) DM: Eventually you arrive in Ruairi. The village resembles most other hamlets of similar size that dot this part of Telluria. A stone temple dominates the village's profile. Most of the remaining buildings have wooden walls and thatched roofs. The aroma of burning pine spreads an ashen pungency though the air. The smell of a hearty roast rolls out from the local inn, and the blacksmith shop rings with the sound of metal striking metal. The residents bustle about, performing their daily chores--until they see you. The moment they spot you, their natural rhythm falters. They stop. They stare. They whisper among themselves, and they disappear a bit too hurriedly into their doors.
[Sat Aug 25 23:03:48 2007] : (79) DM: ((strike that))
[Sat Aug 25 23:04:04 2007] : (79) DM: ((I was going to FF a bit but I'll save that for later.))
[Sat Aug 25 23:04:19 2007] : (77) Thom: (( ok... ))
[Sat Aug 25 23:05:53 2007] : ** (68) Daelan stops and stares at the Humans," Perhaps they are not accoustomed to seeing a Quessir." **
[Sat Aug 25 23:06:52 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "It's a small farming village, probably no bigger than a few families here and there. There's a temple to Diancecht, the last I heard. One or two white wizards live in or near the vicinity, and of course, there's the faerie ring at the edge of town, towards the river."
[Sat Aug 25 23:07:24 2007] : (78) Morti: "Faerie Ring..? A real one?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:07:29 2007] : (77) Zane: since we aren't FFing, as soon as Thom can see the city, he is going to tell Drenla that he will meet everyone in town shortly and veer off slightly so as to not actually arrive with the party. He will me a few minutes behind them, trying to stick to the shadows and melding with the locals, but sticking somewhat close to the party so as to hear and see everything.
[Sat Aug 25 23:08:11 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "None have seen a real faerie in many a moon. Then again, the fair folk of the Seelie Court rarely come these days, so the tales say."
[Sat Aug 25 23:08:16 2007] : (77) Thom: "Is that something we will reach before the city?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:08:33 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): k
[Sat Aug 25 23:08:38 2007] : (77) Thom: (( not sure which 'edge' of town it is on... :-) ))
[Sat Aug 25 23:08:53 2007] : (78) Morti: "Aaaah.. too bad. Might like to meet the local wizards though." :notes as he walks along, staring at his hand:
[Sat Aug 25 23:09:13 2007] : (77) Zane: figured I;d give you a heads up about it. :-) Technically, I am splitting the party, but not really. :-)
[Sat Aug 25 23:09:24 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "Ays, a real faerie ring, Morti. Though if you see a fae, you'll be sure not to say your name or make any promises, right?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:09:44 2007] : (78) Morti: "I promise I won't."
[Sat Aug 25 23:09:45 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "Or accept any gifts they offer."
[Sat Aug 25 23:10:00 2007] : (78) Morti: :glances: "What kind of gifts?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:11:29 2007] : ** (79) Rhian Sedai shrugs her shoulders. "Oh, some stories tell of children being given gifts of coin by a faerie noble only to find that the coins were flower petals or in one instance, shiny pebbles. Faerie magicka is based on desire, not truth." **
[Sat Aug 25 23:11:41 2007] : (76) Atross: "What's in a name to a fae?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:12:56 2007] : (58) Demonwolf (enter): 23:12
[Sat Aug 25 23:12:56 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "It's not magicka born of the Power, but one of the oldest known magicka known to the mortal races."
[Sat Aug 25 23:12:56 2007] : (58) Demonwolf (exit): 23:12
[Sat Aug 25 23:12:57 2007] : (58) Demonwolf (enter): 23:12
[Sat Aug 25 23:13:03 2007] : (58) Demonwolf (exit): 23:13
[Sat Aug 25 23:13:08 2007] : (68) Daelan: " A name can be used against you Atross."
[Sat Aug 25 23:13:44 2007] : (77) Thom: "Is that why this "true name' thing is so secretive?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:14:14 2007] : (68) Daelan: " To know ones true name is to control that person."
[Sat Aug 25 23:15:07 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Some spend all thier lives just looking for that one true name,though most Humans do not know of the true names so there is little to worry about."
[Sat Aug 25 23:16:47 2007] : (77) Thom: "Must be something those in Averoigne study more. Sevis was the one that introduced me to the concept."
[Sat Aug 25 23:17:30 2007] : (68) Daelan: " All the elder races have true names Thom."
[Sat Aug 25 23:18:12 2007] : (79) Drenla: "Daelan speaks truth." (dryly)
[Sat Aug 25 23:18:34 2007] : (77) Thom: "Such as drakes, huh? I guess it makes sense. So, what if you used one's true name, and that one did not know their true name. Would they still be bound?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:20:21 2007] : (68) Daelan: " All the elders know their true name Thom. It is a secret that we all keep.''
[Sat Aug 25 23:21:06 2007] : (79) Drenla: "For most people, a true name is a thing of figment, stuff of dreams. But for people who practice magicka, it is one of the oldest and most powerful spells known. One of the most powerful rules ever written. The mere knowledge of a name has the possiblity to unmake that which was named."
[Sat Aug 25 23:21:11 2007] : (77) Thom: "How do you know it though?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:21:53 2007] : (79) Drenla: "How do you know the sky is blue?" (placidly, looking at Thom's eyes)
[Sat Aug 25 23:22:17 2007] : (76) Atross: "Sounds like it'd be better to not know; to not have one to worry about."
[Sat Aug 25 23:22:35 2007] : (77) Thom: "Hmm, I guess we are taught that specific color it appears is blue. So you are taught your true name?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:23:36 2007] : (79) Drenla: "In a manner of speaking. A mage or a weaver of magicka is given the tools with which he or she discovers his or her true name, and then holds that secret to the day he or she dies."
[Sat Aug 25 23:25:04 2007] : (77) Thom: "I see. However Atross, if someone can still use it - what does it matter if you know it or not? At least if you do, then you know why you are behaving the way you do."
[Sat Aug 25 23:26:29 2007] : (66) Cael: Whenever you are ready to feed me information (through roleplaying it out I assume) I'm ready, however, I'm kind of enjoying their conversation, so no rush.
[Sat Aug 25 23:27:02 2007] : (76) Atross: "But does knowing why give one any benefit? At least if you don't know it, you don't have to wonder what name to introduce yourself as."
[Sat Aug 25 23:27:26 2007] : ** (68) Daelan smiles at Atross. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:27:51 2007] : (68) Daelan: " They would not use that name they would use another."
[Sat Aug 25 23:28:34 2007] : (78) Morti: "I wonder what happens if two people have the same true name though." :rolls eyes up in thought a moment, before looking back to his hand.:
[Sat Aug 25 23:28:34 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Take the name Cael for instance,to you it means nothing,to the Quessir it means " To have."
[Sat Aug 25 23:28:42 2007] : (77) Thom: "Yeah, if you weren't able to keep that name a secret, than I guess you definately wouldn't want to know it."
[Sat Aug 25 23:29:02 2007] : (76) Atross: "It just seems like it'd be easiest to keep a secret when you don't even know what it is."
[Sat Aug 25 23:29:35 2007] : (68) Daelan: " How can one keep something secret that he does not know Atross?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:29:35 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): yep
[Sat Aug 25 23:31:10 2007] : (76) Atross: "Pretty easily, I would think. No amount of coercion can gain knowledge from me that I do not have."
[Sat Aug 25 23:31:24 2007] : (66) Cael: Oh yeah, before I forget again, the birthsign I chose is The Lady (Tevesh/Air)
[Sat Aug 25 23:32:17 2007] : (78) Morti: "That's not really true." :offers idly as he walks along absorbed in his hand:
[Sat Aug 25 23:32:36 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): k
[Sat Aug 25 23:32:39 2007] : ** (77) Thom raises an eyebrow at Morti. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:33:25 2007] : (79) Drenla: "Mmmm?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:34:00 2007] : ** (76) Atross shrugs, as if to say, it's Morti. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:34:07 2007] : whispering to Cael, so what's your purpose in seeing Valkoris again?
[Sat Aug 25 23:34:58 2007] : (66) Cael: Enquire about the letter he sent, to see what exactly going on.
[Sat Aug 25 23:35:11 2007] : (66) Cael: Inquire... I can spell, I swear I can.
[Sat Aug 25 23:35:18 2007] : (58) Demonwolf (enter): 23:35
[Sat Aug 25 23:35:32 2007] : (79) Drenla: "I'm afraid I didn't catch that."
[Sat Aug 25 23:36:07 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): ok
[Sat Aug 25 23:36:09 2007] : (77) Thom: (( directed at Morti I take it? ))
[Sat Aug 25 23:36:22 2007] : (79) DM: ((yes))
[Sat Aug 25 23:36:32 2007] : ** (78) Morti is still focused on his hand, no idea he's being addressed. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:36:33 2007] : (77) Thom: (( just making sure. ))
[Sat Aug 25 23:36:51 2007] : (77) Thom: "Morti!" Thom says to get the little one's attention.
[Sat Aug 25 23:37:11 2007] : (78) Morti: "Eh?" :looks up sharply:
[Sat Aug 25 23:38:02 2007] : ** (77) Thom chuckles. "Wake up friend. We were trying to ask you what you meant by that comment about Atross' statement not really being true." **
[Sat Aug 25 23:38:29 2007] : (78) Morti: "Uh.... you mean about the name thing...?" :not sure how long he was spacing out:
[Sat Aug 25 23:39:50 2007] : (77) Thom: "Yeah, that's what we were talking about at least. What about you?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:40:50 2007] : ** (78) Morti reaches up unsurely scratching his head in thought, groaning uncomfortably before speaking. "I dunno.. I just figure... even if YOU don't know about it.. you still have it. And if you have it... it can be taken." :cloth faces pinches as he notes he did not quite find the right words for that explanation: **
[Sat Aug 25 23:41:28 2007] : ** (79) Rhian Sedai looks around her thoughtfully as she walks along. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:41:43 2007] : (78) Morti: :tries again: "Like.. imagine while you were sleeping, I put a coin in your pocket. You might not know you have the coin, but would that keep me from taking it from you?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:42:17 2007] : ** (77) Thom looks over to Drenla, "Does every being have one of these? I thought it was just the eldest races." **
[Sat Aug 25 23:42:53 2007] : (76) Atross: "Hmm. I see what you mean, if you put it like that. It's easier to guard something when you're aware of the danger to it."
[Sat Aug 25 23:43:27 2007] : (79) Drenla: "All things have a name that cuts to the very essence of their nature."
[Sat Aug 25 23:44:36 2007] : (78) Morti: :Nods: "Stealing a name would be way more complicated I figure, especially if the person does not known their own name. Though I suppose you could force an entity to know its know, same as the way a mage seeks it out, and force them to give it to you."
[Sat Aug 25 23:44:57 2007] : (78) Morti: (to know its name rather*)
[Sat Aug 25 23:45:31 2007] : (78) Morti: "Though I wonder if gods know True Names, thus giving them the power over life and death of other beings."
[Sat Aug 25 23:47:06 2007] : (77) Thom: "Woah, does this mean the Gods also have true names?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:47:25 2007] : (78) Morti: "Probably."
[Sat Aug 25 23:48:29 2007] : (77) Thom: "And Daemons as well, even though they are from a different plane..."
[Sat Aug 25 23:48:48 2007] : ** (78) Morti nods. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:48:53 2007] : (79) Drenla: "Three laws govern magicka: the rule of a name, the rule of unmaking and the rule of truth."
[Sat Aug 25 23:50:05 2007] : ** (77) Thom Thom thinks for a moment, a smile coming to his face briefly before disappearing. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:50:56 2007] : (68) Daelan: are we in the town yet?
[Sat Aug 25 23:51:01 2007] : (77) Zane: Thom thinks that they could use the daemon's true name to stop the Tempest, and no one would have to necessarily sacrifice themselves to close the portal. But then he realizes how hard it would be to do such a thing.
[Sat Aug 25 23:51:19 2007] : (79) Drenla: "To know a name grants a person or being the power to unmake a thing. To unmake a thing creates the danger that you unmake yourself. People will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. The wise mage chooses to use his power for truth but not all truths are true."
[Sat Aug 25 23:51:26 2007] : (77) Thom: (( Thom is now a GPS device for the car - Thom Thom... ))
[Sat Aug 25 23:52:39 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): we could FF
[Sat Aug 25 23:53:01 2007] : (78) Lunauc: I'm good to FF
[Sat Aug 25 23:53:09 2007] : (77) Thom: (GW): Yeah, seems like we're about ready to do that.
[Sat Aug 25 23:53:48 2007] : (79) Drenla: Eventually you arrive in Ruairi. The village resembles most other hamlets of similar size that dot this part of Telluria. A stone temple dominates the village's profile. Most of the remaining buildings have wooden walls and thatched roofs. The aroma of burning pine spreads an ashen pungency though the air. The smell of a hearty roast rolls out from the local inn, and the blacksmith shop rings with the sound of metal striking metal. The residents bustle about, performing their daily chores--until they see you. The moment they spot you, their natural rhythm falters. They stop. They stare. They whisper among themselves, and they disappear a bit too hurriedly into their doors.
[Sat Aug 25 23:53:56 2007] : (79) DM: (woops)
[Sat Aug 25 23:54:08 2007] : (77) Thom: (( twice now, huh? ))
[Sat Aug 25 23:55:24 2007] : (79) DM: You arrive in town a few hours later, as the sun begins to set and the sky gradually becomes overcast.
[Sat Aug 25 23:56:04 2007] : ** (77) Thom moves to Drenla and speaks quietly with the wizard. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:57:12 2007] : (77) Zane: Now Thom moves off. Take a few minutes to pack Ringrist well away in the pack, and return my rapier to my right hip, where it started. Then, follow the group a bit behind, catching up more once they slow down in town.
[Sat Aug 25 23:57:41 2007] : (79) Drenla: "Not a very welcoming atmosphere, seems like. You're sure this is where you grew up, Rhian?"
[Sat Aug 25 23:58:16 2007] : ** (78) Morti pays the paranoid townsfolk little attention, still lost in his own thoughts it seems. **
[Sat Aug 25 23:59:06 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "A bit odd. Valonites tend to be somewhat distrustful of strangers in their midst however. Once they get to know you, it's different."
[Sat Aug 25 23:59:29 2007] : (79) Drenla: "Well I've been at funerals more cheerful than this."

[Sun Aug 26 00:00:01 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Let us hope that is not the case Drenla."
[Sun Aug 26 00:01:10 2007] : (79) DM: Your arrival seems to have caused a ripple effect in the village as what was once a bustling night life all but evaporates on your approach. A tableau freezes in place as if the folk were caught unawares.
[Sun Aug 26 00:01:41 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: Zarenna and I would be at the one and only Inn I am guessing?
[Sun Aug 26 00:02:15 2007] : ** (78) Morti glances about curiously now. as the town goes oddly stll. Cuatiously he reaches up a hand to make sure his mask is in place. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:02:21 2007] : (77) Zane: Do I get similiar looks when I arrive a little later on my own, or is everyone pretty much still watching the main party?
[Sun Aug 26 00:02:27 2007] : (79) DM: A raven flies overhead, then swoops up to perch in the branches of a nearby linden tee. It watches you with its curious, beady eyes.
[Sun Aug 26 00:02:52 2007] : whispering to Zane, They're even more wary now.
[Sun Aug 26 00:03:21 2007] : (77) Zane: Darn it, I was hoping to slip in unnoticed...
[Sun Aug 26 00:04:57 2007] : ** (68) Daelan eyes the raven,as his left hand drops to his quiver strapped on his left thigh,his fingers stroking the fletching of his arrow. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:05:20 2007] : (77) Zane: Well, might as well catch up to the group then.
[Sun Aug 26 00:06:15 2007] : (68) Daelan: " This place has an odd feeling to it Atross."
[Sun Aug 26 00:06:17 2007] : (76) Atross: "Easy, Daelan. No need to make a worse scene."
[Sun Aug 26 00:07:05 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): yes
[Sun Aug 26 00:07:10 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): the Double Bolt Inn
[Sun Aug 26 00:07:12 2007] : (78) Morti: "Maybe the Gleeman told a ghost story."
[Sun Aug 26 00:07:35 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Where is Cael?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:07:39 2007] : ** (77) Thom moves to Rhian and softly says. "You were from here? Can you introduce us so everyone calms down? I'd rather not mention who really invited us just yet." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:07:39 2007] : (76) Atross: "Maybe not a ghost story."
[Sun Aug 26 00:08:14 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "It's been several years. I barely remember this place, though the temple is a familiar sight."
[Sun Aug 26 00:08:32 2007] : (77) Thom: "Well, it was worth a shot."
[Sun Aug 26 00:09:24 2007] : (79) DM: At seeing Rhian, a few townsfolk appear noticeably relieved although what tension there is does not vanish as easily.
[Sun Aug 26 00:10:09 2007] : (68) Daelan: " You spoke of a place where we could eat Drenla,perhaps we should go there."
[Sun Aug 26 00:10:22 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "They could be reacting to seeing an Aes Sedai. This close to the Tower, the Sisters have a well-deserved reputation."
[Sun Aug 26 00:10:56 2007] : (68) Daelan: " That or perhaps the seeing of a Quessir."
[Sun Aug 26 00:11:09 2007] : ** (77) Thom stiffles a laugh. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:11:19 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Or it could be the seeing of both in one group."
[Sun Aug 26 00:11:36 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "If memory serves, that would be the Double Bolt Inn. Okrosh should still be around as the innkeep."
[Sun Aug 26 00:13:16 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Lead the way,I would prefer to get out of the sight of these Edan."
[Sun Aug 26 00:13:57 2007] : ** (76) Atross loosens the collar of his leather armor, commenting, "It seems a bit uncomfortable out here. I hope the atmosphere is more favorable indoors." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:14:30 2007] : (79) DM: The Double Bolt is remarkable since it, save for the temple of Diancecht, is the only building taller than one story in the hamlet. It also vies for the largest.
[Sun Aug 26 00:14:50 2007] : (68) Daelan: " You are begining to think and act like a true Quessir Atross."
[Sun Aug 26 00:15:07 2007] : ** (77) Thom leads the way into the tavern, tired of having so many people watching him. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:15:28 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens is sitting and sipping an Ale with a young woman and looks up as the group enters "Took you long enough to get here." turns to the woman "Zarenna these are my friends, I am sure they will help you, but it would not be wise to talk here I am thinking." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:15:30 2007] : (68) Daelan: " I see I chose wisely in naming you Elindil."
[Sun Aug 26 00:17:05 2007] : ** (77) Thom nods to Sevis and moves over to where he is sitting, taking a seat where he can see the door the group enters from and as much of the room as possible. "You know we can't move as fast as you." Looking Zarenna over in a glance, he msiles at Sevis, "I see you made a new friend." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:17:16 2007] : (79) DM: Though you would normally expect the inn and tavern to be packed with travellers or commonfolk, it's strangely deserted when you enter. A common room with a smattering of travellers and a long bar over which hang various drinking glasses, tankards and wine glasses attract your attention. The bar is staffed by a sullen, brooding man about six stone and ruddy cheeks. He's busy washing a few tallglasses as you enter.
[Sun Aug 26 00:17:31 2007] : (77) Thom: (( *smiles, not sure what msiles even would be.... ))
[Sun Aug 26 00:17:58 2007] : ** (78) Morti looks up from his hand as they enter, smiling to through his shifting mask to Sevis, "Hey! You found us!" **
[Sun Aug 26 00:18:04 2007] : (79) DM: (and of course, Sevis is here as well as Zarenna. of Cael, there is no sign.)
[Sun Aug 26 00:18:10 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Yup, though she got scared of the person I was meeting."
[Sun Aug 26 00:18:52 2007] : (77) Thom: "As any sane person would be." Thom looks back to Rhian to see her reaction of seeing Sevis with another woman, remembering her comments on the road.
[Sun Aug 26 00:18:59 2007] : ** (79) Zarenna Sedai shivers. "I'll never forget it." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:19:16 2007] : (68) Daelan: " What name is this Edan called?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:19:32 2007] : (78) Morti: "Eh?" :lets his head cock aside at Zarenna's discomfort."
[Sun Aug 26 00:19:40 2007] : (77) Thom: "Don't worry, we all know Sevis here is insane."
[Sun Aug 26 00:20:14 2007] : ** (78) Morti heads in taking a seat at Sevis' table. "So, is the Gleeman here?" **
[Sun Aug 26 00:20:16 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "Nys, it wasn't a person. More like a thing!" (a bit too loudly)
[Sun Aug 26 00:20:51 2007] : ** (77) Thom looks to Sevis, with a look to get his friend quiet. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:21:08 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Rhian, we will need to talk privetly tonight, can you make sure noone is listening?" ** turning to Zarenna ** "Hush, others dont need to know."
[Sun Aug 26 00:21:16 2007] : (79) DM: There's none by the person matching Rhian's description, though you do see a table by the fireplace and a cyrwyth lying atop it, as if waiting for its master.
[Sun Aug 26 00:21:57 2007] : (77) Thom: (( cyrwth? ))
[Sun Aug 26 00:22:13 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "I...I'm sure you're right." (doubtfully) "I'll never, ever forget it. Ever." (softly)
[Sun Aug 26 00:22:24 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): Welsh harp
[Sun Aug 26 00:22:25 2007] : (76) Atross: (GW): By the way, I'm currently 'grazing' on food to keep myself alert.
[Sun Aug 26 00:22:43 2007] : (78) Morti: "Forget what?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:22:59 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Nothing Morti"
[Sun Aug 26 00:23:22 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "That's right. Nothing." (nods slowly and goes back to eating)
[Sun Aug 26 00:23:30 2007] : (78) Morti: "Eh?" :screws his brow up: "I guess.. it is hard to forget nothing."
[Sun Aug 26 00:23:38 2007] : ** (77) Thom places a hand on Morti's shoulder to keep the little one calm. He mouths the word "Later" to Morti. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:23:50 2007] : (78) Morti: :nods to thom:
[Sun Aug 26 00:24:49 2007] : (77) Zane: Did Rhian react at all to Sevis with another female? Just curious...
[Sun Aug 26 00:25:00 2007] : (79) DM: A sallow-faced youth with flax-colored hair approaches your table. He has slightly glazed eyes, as he looks through (or past) you.
[Sun Aug 26 00:25:18 2007] : ** (68) Daelan sits down at an empty table near to where the others are seated,as he listens to the conversation. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:25:44 2007] : (78) Morti: :looks up at the dazed seeming youth, whispering aside to Thom: "Is he alright?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:25:52 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens signals to the youth "Ales all around please." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:25:53 2007] : (79) Micah: "What ken I git you?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:26:14 2007] : ** (77) Thom nods to the boy as Sevis orders, agreeing with it. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:26:28 2007] : ** (79) Micah nods dumbly and repeats to himself, "Ales fer them. Ales fer them." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:26:52 2007] : (78) Morti: "Uh.. I don't really drink..."
[Sun Aug 26 00:26:58 2007] : (79) DM: The youth shuffles off to the bar and jerks his thumb back at you as he speaks to the bartender.
[Sun Aug 26 00:27:00 2007] : (78) Morti: "Do you have cider?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:27:18 2007] : (77) Thom: "Just take it for now Morti, you don't have to drink."
[Sun Aug 26 00:27:48 2007] : (77) Thom: "We can get you something more appropriate in a moment, ok?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:27:52 2007] : (79) Okrosh: "Lemme see the color of your money first."
[Sun Aug 26 00:27:59 2007] : ** (78) Morti groans **
[Sun Aug 26 00:28:21 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "So how many more days until your test Zarenna?" ** me tosses the man two gold coins **
[Sun Aug 26 00:28:23 2007] : (77) Thom: (( that's the bartender, yes? asking from the bar? ))
[Sun Aug 26 00:28:32 2007] : (79) DM: ((yes))
[Sun Aug 26 00:28:38 2007] : (77) Thom: (( nevermind, Sevis got it. :-) ))
[Sun Aug 26 00:29:16 2007] : ** (79) Okrosh takes the coins and holds it up to the light, squinting. "Golden marks. Hmph. How many? (to the youth)" **
[Sun Aug 26 00:29:40 2007] : ** (79) Okrosh nods and says roughly, "Coming right up, five horsespit ales." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:29:59 2007] : ** (77) Thom leans close to Sevis and quietly asks, "Have you seen Cael, the Quessir that we met shortly before you ran off?" **
[Sun Aug 26 00:30:00 2007] : (78) Morti: "Horse.. spit...?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:30:13 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): You can't tell.
[Sun Aug 26 00:30:25 2007] : whispering to Zane, you can't tell.
[Sun Aug 26 00:31:02 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens shakes his head "Nope, figured he had staied with you. Guess he was just your average passing traveler, though he struck me as different." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:31:33 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Thats why I am just sipping Morti. It isnt the worst Ale, but isnt great either."
[Sun Aug 26 00:31:44 2007] : (77) Thom: "He may be, but he had something come up here, and we've agreed to help him. But he got he faster than we could."
[Sun Aug 26 00:32:05 2007] : ** (79) Okrosh slams five tankards on the bar and fills them sullenly, then places them roughly on a platter, sloshing their contents. He barks to the youth, "Fer these folks. 'Taint Minorian wine but it'll have to do." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:32:46 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Ahh, well this is the only Inn in town, so I guess he will find us when he needs us."
[Sun Aug 26 00:33:28 2007] : ** (79) Okrosh squints back at Sevis suspiciously and palms the coins, shoving them into an apron as he goes back to washing his glasses. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:34:00 2007] : ** (79) Rhian Sedai manages a hesitant wave at Okrosh, who for his part, thoroughly ignores her. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:34:03 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens shakes his head "Suspitious lot here, but friendly enough for it." **
[Sun Aug 26 00:34:36 2007] : ** (77) Thom takes a mug of the ale and takes a drink from it. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:34:39 2007] : (78) Morti: :to Rhian: "Are you sure this is where you grew up?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:34:46 2007] : (23) QB (enter): 00:34
[Sun Aug 26 00:34:48 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: (( *Suspicious ))
[Sun Aug 26 00:35:10 2007] : (79) DM: ((meanwhile -- I'll RP things out with Cael in the main window which is just as well considering he'll report back to you later.))
[Sun Aug 26 00:35:19 2007] : (77) Thom: np
[Sun Aug 26 00:35:22 2007] : (77) Thom: (( np ))
[Sun Aug 26 00:35:51 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "I see you received my message, coz."
[Sun Aug 26 00:36:15 2007] : (66) Cael: "Indeed I have, though not in the traditional manner I'm afraid."
[Sun Aug 26 00:36:16 2007] : (23) QB (exit): 00:36
[Sun Aug 26 00:36:24 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: (( Ok, AFK for a smoke then, figure we will just eat and idle chatter until night fal or when Cael comes to join us ))
[Sun Aug 26 00:37:08 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "Traditional? What do you mean? I sent that note a few days ago."
[Sun Aug 26 00:37:54 2007] : (66) Cael: "My companions and I found the messenger dead on the road, the fact that I found the note was mere coincidence."
[Sun Aug 26 00:38:57 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "I spent part of my childhood here, ays, until my tenth naming day when a Sitter came -- well she wasn't a Sitter then but she'd eventually become one -- when Marya came here to Ruairi looking for those who were gifted in the Power, and she saw me. And from then on, I lived in Nith'Tar Valon."
[Sun Aug 26 00:39:36 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "But this welcome...it's not like anything I ever expected."
[Sun Aug 26 00:40:12 2007] : (77) Thom: "So it has been awhi... uh, a few years since you lived here huh? Things can change a lot in only a few years."
[Sun Aug 26 00:40:15 2007] : ** (79) Valkoris raises his eyes at this and glances fearfully at Cael. "Are you all right? Where are your friends? Did they make it here safe and sound?" **
[Sun Aug 26 00:40:46 2007] : (77) Zane: whew - Thom barely caught himself there. :-)
[Sun Aug 26 00:41:02 2007] : (78) Morti: "Would it be rude to ask what they are nervous about?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:41:16 2007] : (66) Cael: "They were well and good when I left them. I began to worry about what your letter meant so I came ahead, however, having heard of their journeys, I'm certain that they will be fine."
[Sun Aug 26 00:41:57 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "I'm grateful you could be here, coz. There is a great evil that has taken our village by storm. It was not always this way, but now an air of despair hangs over us. A great lady sleeps uncertain dreams and I...I can do nothing."
[Sun Aug 26 00:42:37 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "It might, if done directly. I'm sure you can think of something."
[Sun Aug 26 00:43:11 2007] : (78) Morti: "Right.. not directly..." :crosses his arms in thoght:
[Sun Aug 26 00:43:16 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): lol
[Sun Aug 26 00:43:43 2007] : (66) Cael: "I've noticed an uncomfortable air around people, what has been happening that has caused this?
[Sun Aug 26 00:43:45 2007] : (66) Cael: "
[Sun Aug 26 00:44:36 2007] : (78) Morti: :after a moment, asks indirectly of the waiter, "Excuse me, do you know why everyone else in this town seems so worried?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:46:25 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "It all started not too long ago. A paladin of the Silverseal came to our humble village seeking a great treasure that was said to be buried deep beneath the earth. Something that would have some significance in a battle to come. I didn't ask, though her eyes shone with a zeal that impressed and frightened me at the same time."
[Sun Aug 26 00:46:39 2007] : (79) DM: (that was to have been Valkoris)
[Sun Aug 26 00:48:17 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "She went off to investigate some ruins to the west of here, on the moors. She never returned -- alive, that is. Her squire went with her, as well as her warsteed. Her horse returned, barely alive."
[Sun Aug 26 00:50:42 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "The laird of Diancecht sent out a party of noble souls, brave adventurers to retrieve the paladin's corpse. They returned, albeit just barely and with them, Shaunnra's corpse. The priestess could nys raise the paladin and thus interred her with great sadness. And since her death, a veil of despair has descended on Ruairi that can nys be lifted."
[Sun Aug 26 00:51:38 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "Trade would come by the road from the Tower and by the river. Very few travellers come this way now, and those that do, do nys stay very long. And there is the prophecy."
[Sun Aug 26 00:53:09 2007] : (66) Cael: "So, what have the adventurer's said of what they say, or perhaps I should ask, have they said anything?"
[Sun Aug 26 00:54:01 2007] : (66) Cael: (( saw* ))
[Sun Aug 26 00:54:42 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "A day of darkness yet awaits the people of Ruairi. The day will come when a stranger arrives in town. This stranger comes for the innocent among us. This stranger has a handsome shell, but inside this stranger hides a broken and warped soul, a tree that smells divine yet bears rotten and bitter fruit. This stranger knows us. This stranger has watched us. This stranger knows the blessings of the beast that plagues us. Death walks with this stranger."
[Sun Aug 26 00:55:58 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "This happened some time ago, coz. Perhaps three or four months ago. I have borne it as much as I can, as long as I can, but I can nys bear it much longer."
[Sun Aug 26 00:56:54 2007] : ** (66) Cael looks at the floor in concentration. **
[Sun Aug 26 00:59:58 2007] : ** (79) Valkoris waits patiently. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:00:24 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): well?
[Sun Aug 26 01:00:48 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): I'm thinking... slowly... still interpreting things.
[Sun Aug 26 01:01:06 2007] : (66) Cael: "Has this stranger yet appeared?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:01:36 2007] : (66) Cael: "Or is there any thought of when he may appear?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:02:42 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "Nys, that is the prophecy of which I spoke of. The prophecy does not describe this 'stranger'. I don't, as you know, place much stock in them."
[Sun Aug 26 01:03:20 2007] : (66) Cael: "Yet the villagers themselves seem to put more than enough stock in them for you."
[Sun Aug 26 01:04:18 2007] : (66) Cael: "I'm afraid that I will have to explore the ruins myself in order to learn more. They seem to be the focal point of all this."
[Sun Aug 26 01:04:29 2007] : ** (79) Valkoris merely shrugs. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:05:40 2007] : (79) Valkoris: "I knew I could count on you, coz. I'm sure if any can get this done, it could be you."
[Sun Aug 26 01:07:25 2007] : (66) Cael: "I will do what I can. If you don't mind, I will take my leave and see if my companions have arrived.
[Sun Aug 26 01:07:26 2007] : (66) Cael: "
[Sun Aug 26 01:09:36 2007] : (66) Cael: "Perhaps once this problem has been dealt with, we can talk some more under better circumstances."
[Sun Aug 26 01:10:47 2007] : ** (66) Cael bows and moves towards the door. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:13:26 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): I'm just going to assume that if they would have arrived, they would have went towards the inn, so I'll head there first.
[Sun Aug 26 01:14:45 2007] : ** (77) Thom keeps an eye on the others in the tavern, including the bartender, as the groups sits and drinks, making small talk. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:15:26 2007] : ** (66) Cael enters the inn, immediately looking around to see if the others have arrived. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:15:38 2007] : ** (68) Daelan pushes the ale away from him as he sits and waits for someone to come and take his order. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:15:43 2007] : (78) Lunauc: did the blurted question get a response?
[Sun Aug 26 01:15:46 2007] : ** (77) Thom waves slightly to Cael, inviting him over. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:16:21 2007] : ** (66) Cael moves towards where they are sitting, a worried look on his face. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:16:24 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): just saw it now
[Sun Aug 26 01:16:26 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): sorry
[Sun Aug 26 01:16:38 2007] : (78) Lunauc: np
[Sun Aug 26 01:16:40 2007] : (79) Micah: "I dunno." (to Morti)
[Sun Aug 26 01:17:06 2007] : (66) Cael: "I am glad to see you all arrived safe."
[Sun Aug 26 01:17:17 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens nods toward Cael, and tries to catch a look outside to determin the time **
[Sun Aug 26 01:17:25 2007] : ** (77) Thom notes Cael's look. "Not good news, but we kinda figured that already. Somerthing you can discuss here, or shall we all move?" **
[Sun Aug 26 01:18:01 2007] : (66) Cael: "I am not entirely sure how the locals would react to what I have to say, it may be best if we went someplace less public."
[Sun Aug 26 01:19:35 2007] : (77) Thom: "Let's do that then. Maybe outside of town, as it seems there are other discussions that need to be held as well," Thom says, with a glance at Sevis.
[Sun Aug 26 01:19:53 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Thats a good idea"
[Sun Aug 26 01:20:04 2007] : (66) Cael: "That seems to be the best option."
[Sun Aug 26 01:20:20 2007] : ** (77) Thom stands and leads the way out of the tavern and back out of the town. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:20:58 2007] : (68) Daelan: " I have been in Orcen camps that were more friendly than this Human town."
[Sun Aug 26 01:21:03 2007] : ** (68) Daelan stands up to leave **
[Sun Aug 26 01:21:17 2007] : ** (79) Okrosh looks up from his glasswashing and squints at your faces with a suspicious glare as you leave. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:21:25 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens tosses the bartender another gold coin as he gets up and leaves "Thanks for the drinks friend." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:21:50 2007] : (77) Thom: (( I take it the ale was nothing special... ))
[Sun Aug 26 01:21:57 2007] : ** (66) Cael follows the group out. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:22:01 2007] : (79) DM: He swipes it and bites into it as if not trusting his eyes, and just as swiftly palms it, nodding curtly.
[Sun Aug 26 01:22:27 2007] : ** (76) Atross half hopes to hear some sort of cheer as they leave, any sign that they aren't all so lifeless as they appear. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:22:40 2007] : (78) Morti: :following along: "But.. where are we going?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:23:37 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Out of town since I think the locals will be happier with that."
[Sun Aug 26 01:23:57 2007] : (77) Thom: "Back to near the faerie ring, sounds like as good a place as any."
[Sun Aug 26 01:24:17 2007] : (68) Daelan: " So Sevis what is the name of the Human female you have with you?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:25:03 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "This human can answer for herself." (snaps at Daelan) "I am called Zarenna."
[Sun Aug 26 01:25:30 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens laughs **
[Sun Aug 26 01:25:40 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): I really want to laugh at that, but Cael's in 'serious mode'.
[Sun Aug 26 01:26:01 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "And who might you be?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:26:19 2007] : ** (77) Thom smiles at Zarenna, "Not only did you manage to be around Sevis' friend, but you also know how to speak to Daelan. I like you more and more each minute." Thom gives the woman a slight bow and then continues on his way. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:26:20 2007] : (68) Daelan: " I am called Daelan."
[Sun Aug 26 01:27:51 2007] : ** (79) Zarenna Sedai nods. "Well met, Daelan. Don't be afraid to talk to me, and I'm sure we'll get along just fine." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:28:05 2007] : ** (77) Thom leads the group out to the faerie ring, outside of the town, and takes a moment to scan the area, making sure that they weren't followed at all. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:28:36 2007] : (78) Morti: :to Sevis: "She got over being scared quick."
[Sun Aug 26 01:28:48 2007] : whispering to Zane, as far as you can tell, you haven't been...though people do watch when they think you're not looking.
[Sun Aug 26 01:29:09 2007] : ** (77) Thom looks to Zarenna. "I apollogize for not introducing everyone earlier, but I figured I'd wait until everyone was more comfortable, including myself." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:29:28 2007] : (77) Zane: that's fine - as long as I think we are left alone once outside the town.
[Sun Aug 26 01:29:44 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens waits until they are out of town a bit before introducing the rest of the group, then turning to Rhian and asking "Have you heard of Illana Sedai" ** nods to Morti "Ebony is only scary while she is nearby." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:29:59 2007] : (68) Daelan: " There is little that I am afraid of Zarenna,I just do not speak to Humans all that much,expecially those I do not know."
[Sun Aug 26 01:30:06 2007] : ** (76) Atross passes a hand across his bald head, "And if Sevis has told you anything about us, then you can probably guess that I'm Atross. If not, then I'd have to ask what you've been doing with all your time." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:30:14 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "That's quite all right. Tisn't every day that I wake up looking up at..." (glances at Sevis and opens her mouth, then thinks better of it) "...nothing."
[Sun Aug 26 01:30:21 2007] : (77) Thom: "I am Thom, you obviously know Sevis and have met Daelan. The others are Atross, Morti, Drenla, and Rhian Sedai."
[Sun Aug 26 01:30:34 2007] : (77) Thom: (( darn it Atross, you're too quick. :-P ))
[Sun Aug 26 01:31:05 2007] : ** (78) Morti offers a slight wave as his name is mentioned. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:31:11 2007] : (77) Thom: (( doh! and DJ did too.. ok, so she gets plenty of introductions... ))
[Sun Aug 26 01:31:21 2007] : ** (79) Zarenna Sedai bows deeply to Rhian. "Your reputation precedes you, sister." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:31:24 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Do not forget Cael,Thom.''
[Sun Aug 26 01:31:59 2007] : (77) Thom: "Of course. My apologies Cael, I am just not used to introducing you yet."
[Sun Aug 26 01:32:01 2007] : ** (66) Cael looks up at the mention of his name, breaking his concentration. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:32:05 2007] : ** (79) Rhian Sedai seems slightly amused. "And what reputation would that be, Zarenna?" **
[Sun Aug 26 01:32:09 2007] : (77) Thom: (( I knew I was forgetting someone... ))
[Sun Aug 26 01:33:22 2007] : (66) Cael: "I apologize, recent events have me somewhat perplexed, it is a pleasure to meet you."
[Sun Aug 26 01:33:29 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "Why," (breathlessly) "having taken the shawl at so young an age. And now a Grey. We Accepted are inspired by you."
[Sun Aug 26 01:33:40 2007] : ** (66) Cael gives a slight bow towards Zarenna. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:33:55 2007] : ** (77) Thom let's the introductions finish so that everyone gets to know each other a little, but is anxious to hear Cael's news. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:34:19 2007] : (78) Morti: "Oh.. you're a Sedai too?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:35:05 2007] : (79) DM: The faerie ring is a circle of marble standing stones interspersed with several bright colored mushrooms. A pool of still water stands in the midst of it all, reflecting the moons of Andurin from above.
[Sun Aug 26 01:35:57 2007] : ** (77) Thom glances up at Sevis as he realizes that Zarenna is also an Aes Sedai and barely holds in a chuckle. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:35:59 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "It is just a title that I use. I have no right to it until I have been raised to the shawl."
[Sun Aug 26 01:36:04 2007] : ** (68) Daelan sits on the ground crosslegged,his bow placed over his knees as he listens to all the conversation. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:36:34 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens waits for Rhian to answer if she has heard of Illana Sedai **
[Sun Aug 26 01:36:39 2007] : (78) Morti: "Oh.. how much longer will that be?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:36:51 2007] : (77) Thom: "Very well, if introductions are complete, I'd like to hear what news Cael found."
[Sun Aug 26 01:37:00 2007] : (68) Daelan: " So we get rid of one Aes Sedai and get another?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:37:00 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "When the Mother thinks I am ready."
[Sun Aug 26 01:37:39 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "The Amyrlin." (checks to see if Morti is puzzled) "The Head of our Sisterhood."
[Sun Aug 26 01:37:51 2007] : ** (78) Morti nods. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:38:09 2007] : (78) Morti: "What has she said about you so far?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:39:14 2007] : (66) Cael: "I'm afraid that my understanding of the situation isn't that much better than it was before, however, at least now I have a direction."
[Sun Aug 26 01:39:31 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "That I must need to learn humility and patience and that II am not yet ready to take the shawl."
[Sun Aug 26 01:39:41 2007] : (77) Thom: "Morti, I think Cael's information is a little more time sensitive." He turns to Zarenna, "No offense intended in breaking up your conversation of course."
[Sun Aug 26 01:40:04 2007] : ** (77) Thom turns to Cael. "Direction?" **
[Sun Aug 26 01:40:21 2007] : (78) Morti: "Eh?" :looks up to Cael:
[Sun Aug 26 01:40:23 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "I'll agree with the patience part. Your lack of it, in seeking greater power faster, is what got you in the position you are in now."
[Sun Aug 26 01:40:59 2007] : (77) Zane: well - I keep trying to get us all talking about a single topic instead of three different ones...
[Sun Aug 26 01:41:07 2007] : ** (79) Rhian Sedai raises her eyes at Sevis as he says this. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:41:24 2007] : (66) Cael: "Apparently, a Paladin of Silverseal came here to Ruairi several months ago in search of treasure that was to provide aid in an upcoming battle."
[Sun Aug 26 01:41:28 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "I didn't! I swear, I didn't!" (begins to cry)
[Sun Aug 26 01:41:40 2007] : (77) Thom: (( Pot: "Hey kettle - you're black" ))
[Sun Aug 26 01:42:14 2007] : (78) Morti: :hushes Zarenna: "Ssshh.. we're listening to Cael now."
[Sun Aug 26 01:42:38 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Dont cry, you realized your mistake and I have offered to help you." ** looks to Rhian ** "I'll explain after Cael is done."
[Sun Aug 26 01:42:39 2007] : (79) DM: Her bravado vanishes in an instant and she plops down on the ground as tears begin to roll down her cheek. "I didn't take those oaths...."
[Sun Aug 26 01:42:52 2007] : (66) Cael: "The Paladin went to some ruins to the west, the only creature to return from her journey was her steed."
[Sun Aug 26 01:43:19 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): LOL
[Sun Aug 26 01:43:36 2007] : (77) Thom: "Hmm, and I believe it takes quite a terrible event to seperate a paladin and a steed - from what I understand at least."
[Sun Aug 26 01:43:54 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): Was it something I said?
[Sun Aug 26 01:44:16 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens goes over to Zarenna and puts his arm around her "Shh" **
[Sun Aug 26 01:44:45 2007] : (78) Morti: :to Cael, a bit confused: "Uh.. what does this have to do with us?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:45:07 2007] : (66) Cael: "I am getting to that Morti, I a mearly trying to inform you of what has been happening."
[Sun Aug 26 01:45:12 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Thom you are well versed as to where the items we need are located any of them mention this area?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:45:20 2007] : (78) Morti: "Oh, sorry."
[Sun Aug 26 01:45:29 2007] : (79) DM: She quiets enough for you to carry on your conversation, though she lets loose a sniffle from time to time.
[Sun Aug 26 01:45:52 2007] : (66) Cael: "The laird sent a group of adventurers to investigate what had occured. They returned, beaten and worn, carrying the corpse of the Paladin."
[Sun Aug 26 01:46:04 2007] : ** (77) Thom looks at Daelan strange for a moment. "Well versed? Me? Uh, not really. Let me think for a moment though." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:46:42 2007] : (77) Thom: I don't have all those notes together yet (working on them) - are any that we were after here in the past in this region?
[Sun Aug 26 01:46:56 2007] : (66) Cael: "A priestess attempted to raise the Paladin, but was unsuccessful. Since this time, the village has been in its current state. Apparently there is a prophecy."
[Sun Aug 26 01:47:13 2007] : (66) Cael: "A day of darkness yet awaits the people of Ruairi. The day will come when a stranger arrives in town. This stranger comes for the innocent among us. This stranger has a handsome shell, but inside this stranger hides a broken and warped soul, a tree that smells divine yet bears rotten and bitter fruit. This stranger knows us. This stranger has watched us. This stranger knows the blessings of the beast that plagues us. Death walks with this stranger."
[Sun Aug 26 01:47:37 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Is this one as cyrptic as all the other ones we have heard?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:48:04 2007] : (76) Atross: "I think it's even more vague. Pretty descriptive though."
[Sun Aug 26 01:48:07 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): yes
[Sun Aug 26 01:48:26 2007] : (77) Thom: "Sounds like that Paladin could be this stranger..."
[Sun Aug 26 01:48:41 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): check with DJ
[Sun Aug 26 01:48:44 2007] : (66) Cael: "My cousin told me that this prophecy has not yet occured.
[Sun Aug 26 01:49:18 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): in this region is relative. none in the immediate vicinity of Nith'Tar Valon, however two are in Damrosil and Gwythnecht.
[Sun Aug 26 01:50:03 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Death walks with us all,for some closer than others."
[Sun Aug 26 01:50:09 2007] : (66) Cael: "I feel that in order to understand all that has occured in greater detail, we need to investigate these ruins. I ask for your assistance in this ordeal."
[Sun Aug 26 01:50:39 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens shrugs "Interesting prophacy, but it does not cencern us, we already have too many to deal with." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:51:48 2007] : ** (77) Thom starts to shake his head in agreement with Sevis, but only gets half a shake before stopping. **
[Sun Aug 26 01:52:54 2007] : (77) Thom: "As much as I wish to continue on our way, and not get constantly sidetracked, I suddenly think we should look into this. Can anyone think of anything except great evil that could make a paladin mount leave it's master?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:53:35 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "The Paladin's death?"
[Sun Aug 26 01:53:58 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Could just be a band of thieves that overcame the Paladin"
[Sun Aug 26 01:54:12 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Ruins sould like a good hideout to me."
[Sun Aug 26 01:54:49 2007] : (68) Daelan: " The killing of this evil may weaken the Dark one we will face in the future,better to wipe out what evil we can instead of facing all that is evil in the end."
[Sun Aug 26 01:54:56 2007] : (77) Thom: "I always thought that the mount would fight, and not run. Of course, we never had many paladins where I grew up."
[Sun Aug 26 01:55:36 2007] : (76) Atross: "There is one reason the mount would run rather than fight. If the paladin ordered it to do so."
[Sun Aug 26 01:56:26 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): Are the skies still clear?
[Sun Aug 26 01:56:48 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): nope
[Sun Aug 26 01:57:07 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): it's completely overcast by now and the temperature begins to drop a bit
[Sun Aug 26 01:57:17 2007] : (68) Daelan: " We are already in the area,may as well find out what is happening."
[Sun Aug 26 01:57:28 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): Has it been a gradual change, or more sudden?
[Sun Aug 26 01:57:33 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): gradual
[Sun Aug 26 01:57:39 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): of course, it's evening now
[Sun Aug 26 01:57:58 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): All right, that's all I needed.
[Sun Aug 26 01:58:01 2007] : ** (77) Thom glances at his backpack. "I leave it to the group to decide. Although if it is a great evil, I would rather remove it's taint. Of course, there is one factor that we have not yet considered." **
[Sun Aug 26 01:58:26 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Well I am not interested in investigating these ruins. We have too much on our plate right now, and little time. The service of Ebony may have bought us some time, but not much. Plus I have thing I wish to do in town, in addition to the promise I made to Zarenna to protect her."
[Sun Aug 26 01:59:21 2007] : (77) Thom: "Rhian Sedai. We have agreed to see you to Nith'Tar Valon. Would you desire to return right away, or would you be willing to delay your return for us to investigate these ruins?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:00:26 2007] : ** (77) Thom looks to Sevis. "Your promise?" He lets out a slight sigh and turns back to Rhian to see her response. **
[Sun Aug 26 02:00:48 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens looks to Zarenna "I am guessing by your conversation with Illana that you do not have time to go running off to investigate ruins before you will need my protection?" **
[Sun Aug 26 02:00:51 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): You had mentioned that this village was the burial place of some great paladin, these ruins wouldn't happen to be her tomb, would they?
[Sun Aug 26 02:01:05 2007] : ** (79) Rhian Sedai spares a glance at Sevis and replies, "There is something wrong in that town. I almost feel it to be my duty to see it to its end." **
[Sun Aug 26 02:01:58 2007] : (66) Cael: "I must agree with Rhian, the prophecy holds this town in fear. You've seen first hand how they react to strangers, I wish to alieve them of this fear."
[Sun Aug 26 02:02:04 2007] : (79) Zarenna Sedai: "She will come to me two nights hence. Can you protect me?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:02:33 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "What are you talking about, girl?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:02:42 2007] : ** (77) Thom turns then to Sevis and Zarenna. "If you have agreed to keep her safe - you must do so. But would it not be easier to do so with a larger group?" **
[Sun Aug 26 02:02:45 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens shrugs "Maybe it is time I explain Zarenna's presence." ** sighs **
[Sun Aug 26 02:03:03 2007] : (77) Thom: "Yes, it sounds like it."
[Sun Aug 26 02:03:27 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): nope
[Sun Aug 26 02:03:47 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): not that you can surmise in any event
[Sun Aug 26 02:03:49 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Zarenna and Illana Sedi were not far from my camp. Illana is " ** looks at Rhiana ** "a member of an Ajah you dont believ in."
[Sun Aug 26 02:04:17 2007] : (79) DM: Now her eyes really pop out of her head.
[Sun Aug 26 02:04:50 2007] : ** (66) Cael cocks an eyebrow towards Sevis, confused as to what he is involved in. **
[Sun Aug 26 02:05:05 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "She promised Zarenna that in two days she would take vows to that Ajah willingly or not. I have promised to protect Zarenna so she does not have to. Judging by what you have said about this Dark One Illana worships, I think the protection is justified."
[Sun Aug 26 02:05:27 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): My dealings with Sevis have been... interesting. I know him for a couple minutes, he summons Ebony, now...
[Sun Aug 26 02:05:32 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "I'm not sure I know what to say."
[Sun Aug 26 02:05:36 2007] : (77) Thom: (( reflex save to jump and catch her eyes before they hit the dirty gound: [1d20+13] => [8,13] = (21) ))
[Sun Aug 26 02:07:00 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "From what I have gathered Zarenna desired more power, faster then her teachers were willing to teach her, and Illana promised this, without mentioning the Dark One until I heard them in the woods."
[Sun Aug 26 02:07:03 2007] : (77) Thom: "An Ajah and the Dark One? What are you talking about?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:07:35 2007] : ** (79) Rhian Sedai turns to Zarenna and her demeanor changes almost instantly. "I see." (coolly) **
[Sun Aug 26 02:07:55 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): Oh... I'm getting that, but needless to say, Cael is a little confused as to what motivates him... not that he knows for everyone else, they're just a little more transparent
[Sun Aug 26 02:08:47 2007] : (77) Zane: In case you didn't make the connection - the reason that Thom was willing to help this town out when we was in favor of ignoring Wysos' problems is because of Ringrist. The more he learns of the blade, the more he feels that he needs to destroy evil wherever he can with it.
[Sun Aug 26 02:09:15 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "An evil faction of the White Tower. Not sure how much of Rhians and my conversation you have been listening to, but they are factioned into several Ajahs, groups that have a specific focus. Diplomacy, Knowledge, Protections, etc. There is rumors of a Black Ajah, that Rhian, and Zarenna refuse to believe in, but based on the conversation I heard does exist."
[Sun Aug 26 02:09:43 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "Depending on who you ask, the Black Ajah is either a figment of imagination, something that parents tell to their children to keep them from misbehaving, or a very real and secret Ajah, dedicated to the Dark One. I believe in the latter. It matters not what you did or said -- by rights, you would be cast out of the Tower and stilled. But we are not in the Tower now."
[Sun Aug 26 02:10:12 2007] : ** (79) Rhian Sedai taps her lips thoughtfully as she glances at the young girl. **
[Sun Aug 26 02:10:42 2007] : (68) Daelan: " This Ajah you speak of,they are powerful enough to align with the Dark One?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:11:08 2007] : ** (77) Thom shifts his pack a little as Rhian mentions of "by rights" and "not in the Tower now." **
[Sun Aug 26 02:12:52 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "So, that is why I cannot, and will not be going to these ruins. I have promised to protect Zarenna from this Black Ajah, I will do it alone if I must, but was hoping for the rest of you to help."
[Sun Aug 26 02:13:08 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "I know little of what they claim to do, Daelan. Not much is known about the Black. Even I sometimes wonder if I am fool enough to believe in something like this. That women who can channel would turn to the Dark."
[Sun Aug 26 02:15:38 2007] : (76) Atross: "People doubt that those with power could be corrupted, in other words."
[Sun Aug 26 02:15:40 2007] : (68) Daelan: " If we protect her,will she join up with the Dark Ajah or will she go to the White Tower,or just leave and go her own way?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:16:05 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Well Illana's parting comment to Zarenna was 'Remember. Speak of this to none, for the Lord of the Dark knows all and sees you in your secret heart. Tremble and beg for his forgiveness. Betray us, and die unworthy.' I would say Illana has turned to the Dark One"
[Sun Aug 26 02:17:16 2007] : (77) Thom: "Do you think that they are in the ruins? If not - then do you think you can protect her any better at the Tower?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:17:25 2007] : (68) Daelan: " I say we help Sevis with his problem,then go to the ruins afterwards."
[Sun Aug 26 02:17:58 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "Ays. The right thing to do would be to return you to the Tower."
[Sun Aug 26 02:18:23 2007] : ** (79) Zarenna Sedai gasps, but Rhian blithely ignores her and presses onwards. **
[Sun Aug 26 02:18:56 2007] : ** (77) Thom looks to Cael. "What about you, do you think these ruins could wait a few days?" **
[Sun Aug 26 02:19:03 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "Return you to the Tower and let you face justice under the Amrylin. And let the chips fall where they may."
[Sun Aug 26 02:19:05 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "I will be joining her in the Tower, If she does not return the group will know something is up."
[Sun Aug 26 02:19:28 2007] : (68) Daelan: " We are more than a days ride to the White Tower Rhian,no matter if we leave or stay here,we will be faced with a battle nonetheless.''
[Sun Aug 26 02:20:18 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Rhian, I belive we should keep this from your Amrylin until after the Black Sisters make their move. There were more then just Illana there, but Illana's was the only name I heard."
[Sun Aug 26 02:21:44 2007] : (76) Atross: "Let's look at this tactically for a moment. Our enemy is disguised as respectable Aes Sedai. Bringing their target into the midst of many of them would be most unwise."
[Sun Aug 26 02:22:20 2007] : ** (66) Cael looks at Thom, "I am unsure, however, I know that I can not deal with this problem on my own, as I fear I would be unable to hold my own any better than a paladin." **
[Sun Aug 26 02:22:38 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "That might be, but the greatest threat to the Tower is a Sister who can channel and turned to the Dark. We know little of who these Blacks are. But there is this one." (glances speculatively at Zarenna, who in turn hides her face away)
[Sun Aug 26 02:22:46 2007] : ** (77) Thom nods to Cael for now. **
[Sun Aug 26 02:22:51 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "If we can disable these sisters and turn them over to your Amrylin, then she could question them. If we turn Zarenna over right away it is likly the black Sisters will hear of it and hold off their strike. I have offered Zarenna to act as her potential Warder, figuring that will give me greater acess to the Tower and the ability to stay close. It will help in protecting her, and give me greater reason to be asking the questions I wish to ask within the tower."
[Sun Aug 26 02:23:22 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "Who said anything about bringing her into the open?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:24:19 2007] : (62) Sevis Goloens: "Any thing can be overheard my dear, as I am sure you know. Even secret comunications with leaders of Nations or Orginizations."
[Sun Aug 26 02:24:33 2007] : (77) Thom: "One moment DJ.. You want to disable the sisters that attack. How are you going to do that on your own? And if you wish to simply ask questions around the tower, could that not wait until after she is safe just as easily?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:24:45 2007] : (77) Thom: (( *Sevis, not DJ... ))
[Sun Aug 26 02:24:53 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "We will return to the Tower where she will face the sentence dealt by our Mother. The Amyriln moves in mysterious ways however."
[Sun Aug 26 02:26:26 2007] : (68) Daelan: " I thought Sevis mentioned something about them returning in two nights,this night is already upon us,so that leaves one correct? If so can we make it to the tower in time?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:27:04 2007] : ** (77) Thom looks to Rhian and Zarenna at Daelan's question. **
[Sun Aug 26 02:27:18 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "We can, but only if I open a Gateway using a ter'angreal."
[Sun Aug 26 02:27:26 2007] : (76) Atross: "That does make our schedule rather tight."
[Sun Aug 26 02:27:35 2007] : ** (66) Cael looks up, trying to be optomistic, "Perhaps I will be able to learn more of this prophecy in the Tower." **
[Sun Aug 26 02:27:36 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "And the last time that happened....well, we know what happened."
[Sun Aug 26 02:28:02 2007] : (77) Thom: "You saved us and everyone made it out, even if one had to be carried.:
[Sun Aug 26 02:29:02 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "I overchannelled and almost killed myself from drawing too much saidar. That will not happen again."
[Sun Aug 26 02:29:05 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens looks hard at Rhian "You know your orginization better then I do, though I still think it would be better if Zarenna did not visit your Amyriln, so maybe you should go tell her and delive my idea of how to deal with it. Then obviously if the Amyriln demands to speak with Zarenna, what the boss wants the boss gets" **
[Sun Aug 26 02:30:11 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens looks to Zarenna "Maybe the item you have is more powerful then the one Rhian has, or maybe you can work together to open the Gateway you thought you could open." **
[Sun Aug 26 02:31:01 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "Yes, there is that. We could link."
[Sun Aug 26 02:31:19 2007] : ** (77) Thom looks around at the group, trying to figure out a way to accomplish everything without splitting up. "Cael, how far away is this tomb from here?" **
[Sun Aug 26 02:32:06 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): Crap... I forgot to ask...
[Sun Aug 26 02:32:06 2007] : (77) Thom: (( tomb, ruins, whatever it is... :-P ))
[Sun Aug 26 02:32:24 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): five miles northwest of Ruairi.
[Sun Aug 26 02:32:51 2007] : (66) Cael: (GW): So that's about... 2 hoursish?
[Sun Aug 26 02:32:57 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: (GW): roughly
[Sun Aug 26 02:33:31 2007] : (66) Cael: It is about 2 hours northwest of Ruairi.
[Sun Aug 26 02:35:01 2007] : (77) Thom: "Well, if you would be willing to show me where they are tonight still, I might be able to figure out if the ruins holds what I fear it does or not."
[Sun Aug 26 02:35:28 2007] : (77) Thom: "And we will still be able to return back here before it is too late."
[Sun Aug 26 02:36:01 2007] : (66) Cael: "It would at least put my mind to rest."
[Sun Aug 26 02:36:53 2007] : ** (62) Sevis Goloens nods "If Rhian and Zarenna can work together to open a Gateway, and we are only two hours from the ruins, we should be able to investigate the ruins quickly and then head to the tower before tomarrow night." **
[Sun Aug 26 02:38:03 2007] : (77) Thom: "That works for me. I know that Cael would rather solve this mystery as soon as possible, and we agreed to help him - just as Sevis agreed to protect Zarenna."
[Sun Aug 26 02:38:16 2007] : (79) DM: (going to stop in 5 because I'm fading)
[Sun Aug 26 02:38:44 2007] : (77) Thom: (( just think of the Black Ajah, that should scare you awake. :-P ))
[Sun Aug 26 02:39:50 2007] : (77) Thom: "Any problems with that plan? Atross? Morti? Daelan? Drenla? Rhian Sedai?"
[Sun Aug 26 02:40:28 2007] : (68) Daelan: " Killing two evils in less than a day,it is fine with me."
[Sun Aug 26 02:41:05 2007] : (76) Atross: "Sounds... well sound."
[Sun Aug 26 02:41:18 2007] : (79) Rhian Sedai: "It's a bit risky but perhaps doable."
[Sun Aug 26 02:41:28 2007] : (77) Thom: (( at least Donovan is still awake, not sure about Luny... ))
[Sun Aug 26 02:42:02 2007] : ** (77) Thom chuckles "Haven't you realized yet that we prefer things that are risky?" he asks Rhian with a smile. **
[Sun Aug 26 02:42:16 2007] : (79) DM: (ok then, on that note, we'll stop.)
[Sun Aug 26 02:42:35 2007] : (77) Zane: Yes! Thom got the last word in. :-P
[Sun Aug 26 02:42:41 2007] : Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Aug 26 02:42:42 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
[Sun Aug 26 02:42:42 2007] : (66) Cael: Heh
[Sun Aug 26 02:42:44 2007] : (79) DM: heh
[Sun Aug 26 02:43:05 2007] : (76) Donovan: And a fine last word that is.
[Sun Aug 26 02:43:15 2007] : (77) Zane: I thought so myself. :-)
[Sun Aug 26 02:43:38 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: ok, so you're going to investigate the ruins and then head back to go to the Tower
[Sun Aug 26 02:43:43 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: sounds like fun
[Sun Aug 26 02:43:49 2007] : (77) Zane: Yep.
[Sun Aug 26 02:43:56 2007] : (68) Daelan: yep
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:00 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: cool beans
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:02 2007] : (68) Daelan: thats the plan.
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:09 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: I'll see y'all in a week then.
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:20 2007] : (76) Donovan: Man.... someone said cool beans on the phone once...
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:21 2007] : (77) Zane: Got enough time to plan all that Stash?
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:24 2007] : (66) Cael: Yep, sleepy time.
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:26 2007] : (68) Daelan: night all.
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:28 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: mmm hmm
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:32 2007] : (76) Donovan: I had to ask... did you just say cool beans? =P
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:32 2007] : (77) Zane: g'night
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:45 2007] : (79) TaliesinNYC: nite
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:52 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Aug 26 02:44:53 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms