Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: Igorweild, Jamesler


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Aug 18 23:14:17 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: my internet is wonky

Sat Aug 18 23:14:17 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: my internet is wonky
[Sat Aug 18 23:14:21 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 23:14
[Sat Aug 18 23:14:26 2007] : (87) Cael: I wondered
[Sat Aug 18 23:14:54 2007] : (91) Zane (enter): 23:14
[Sat Aug 18 23:14:55 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: if you don't see me, it's because I either fell asleep or my internet died barring some other reason
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:04 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (91) Zane...
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:08 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (85) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:10 2007] : (94) Lunauc (enter): 23:15
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:12 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (85) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:14 2007] : (91) Zane: So was it a extra long nap tonight?
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:16 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (94) Lunauc...
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:20 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (87) Cael...
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:22 2007] : (87) Cael: Nope, wonky internet
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:33 2007] : (91) Zane: Ahh.
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:37 2007] : (87) Cael: His words, not mine
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:39 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: I see elf boy isn't here
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:48 2007] : (87) Cael: He was...
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:54 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: he was
[Sat Aug 18 23:15:57 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sat Aug 18 23:16:10 2007] : (91) Zane: He was in the lobby, but I never heard a word from him...
[Sat Aug 18 23:16:11 2007] : (86) Daelan (enter): 23:16
[Sat Aug 18 23:16:15 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (86) Daelan...
[Sat Aug 18 23:16:17 2007] : (91) Zane: So, maybe soon...
[Sat Aug 18 23:16:20 2007] : (91) Zane: See?
[Sat Aug 18 23:16:20 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: well there he is now
[Sat Aug 18 23:17:20 2007] : (86) Daelan: Here I are
[Sat Aug 18 23:18:03 2007] : (91) Zane: So - almost a full boat. Just missing Donovan, yes?
[Sat Aug 18 23:18:49 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (98) DM: She gasps out loud and looks up at Thom with a mixture of fear and wonder. "This is a ter'angreal."
(104) Daelan: " You will fit right in Cael,you speak as cyrptic as the dieties,drakes and prophecies have in our journeys."
(98) Rhian: "Where did you get this?"
(103) Morti: :nods: "True.. true.."
** (100) Thom widens his eyes at her claim, mainly because she was so shocked. "And that means what?" **
** (101) Cael grins, "I know not whether to take that as a compliment, or an insult." **
(98) Rhian: "It is not like any ter'angreal I have ever seen."
(98) Rhian: "But then... I have not seen many ter'angreal before."
(100) Thom: "Ringrist? Originally from the d'Amberviles in their home plane."
(98) Rhian: "A ter'angreal is an item that uses the One Power to perform functions."
(103) Morti: "Eh?" :glances to Thom and his sword: "So... that means... Thom can use the One Power..?"
** (104) Daelan laughs," Are you sure you are not part Human?" **
(98) Rhian: "This is different. It contains the Power but something else I cannot pinpoint."
(100) Thom: (( btw - does Ringrist respond at all to this? ))
** (101) Cael laughs along, "Of that much, I am sure. Though, I have been known t get lost in another form." **
(101) Cael: ((to))
(98) DM: ((when she passed her hands over it, it flared with a sudden flash of silver light and was gone swiftly))
(100) Thom: "I guess that makes sense. What was that Sevis told us?"
(100) Thom: Ringrist: Forged of fire in ways of Light,
Where Dark shall never come,
The One that cuts to deepest core,
The evil is undone.

From rivers fast came quenching thirst
To hiss and spit and boil,
In deepest fires the En'nil smiths
Worked in endless toil.

Ringrist was forged that eve of death
To rally and to fight,
That which had gone, has come again,
A Dark and evil might.

A blade so bright and filled with Light,
And forged of living rock,
A blade that glows where coldness flows,
To fight and never stop.
(100) Thom: (( well - that proved his test a little at least. ))
(98) Rhian: "I have never heard of this poem. Or this ter'angreal."
** (98) Rhian looks up at Thom. **
(98) Rhian: "You realize that the Sisters will try to take this from you."
(103) Morti: "Well.. you miss a lot when you wander off so much."
** (100) Thom looks strangly at Rhian, Had we not mentioned this to you before? Sorry, so much has happened I guess we forgot." **
** (100) Thom sheathes Ringrist. "Only if they know of it though, correct?" **
(101) Cael: " Yet at the same time, you can learn so much more about the world around you."
(98) Rhian: "The Tower feels that all ter'angreal belongs to the Aes Sedai."
** (98) Rhian looks blandly at you. "Correct." **
(98) Rhian: "But you would still be advised to hide it."
(104) Daelan: " And what of the Hammer?"
(100) Thom: "Good. I'm sorry, but I have no intention of turning it over. It was given to us and seems to have some connection to fighting off Darkness. Thus, is it not better for it to be used as such then just stored in some tower?"
(98) Rhian: "That is not a ter'angreal."
(100) Thom: "That's a good idea, I would still have my father's rapier at any rate. When we stop next I will pack it away. Out of sight, out of mind."
(98) Rhian: "At least, not that I can sense."
(103) Morti: :to Daelan: "It does look nice though."
** (101) Cael chuckles. **
** (100) Thom glances down at Ringrist, and mutters, "More information, yet the mysteries deepen." **
(104) Daelan: " Perhaps the more it is used the more powerful weapons such as these become."
(103) Morti: "Maybe not. After all, now you know the sword is of the One Power. The Tower may have records of it."
(98) DM: A shadow crosses the treetops ((this is to Sevis)) above you.
(98) DM: ((Sevis: Will save))
** (99) Sevis Goloens looks up then glances at Zarenna to see if she is awake **
(98) DM: Birds around you fly away in fear.
(98) DM: She's sound asleep.
(99) Sevis Goloens: Will Save: [1d20+12] => [4,12] = (16) => [16,12] => (16, 12) = (28)
(100) Thom: "Yeah, Drenla had mentioned that the tower might have some information in it's library. Rhian, any ideas how we could obtain permission to check? Or is it impossible?"
** (99) Sevis Goloens gets up and goes and sits next to the young girl "My friend comes, please try to remain calm, she will not harm you." **
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, failure
(98) DM: She's sound asleep...
(98) DM: ...so far.
(98) DM: ...though she tosses and turns as if in a bad dream.
(98) DM: Suddenly, all is as if night has descended on the world, as a great shadow crosses the trees and something immense lands at the edge of the clearing. It almost blots out the sun.
(98) DM: It's an onyx drake.
(98) DM: And it does not look pleased.
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "WHO DARES SUMMON ME?"
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "SHOW YOURSELF, MORTAL!"
** (99) Sevis Goloens stands "It is me, Sevis Golones. I appologize for summoning you, but my need is great and you said you would help me." **
(98) DM: Zarenna wakes up screaming in fright, then looks up and begins bawling her head off.
(98) DM: The drake spreads her wings, snapping off tree limbs in the process.
(98) DM: She snakes her tail around a couple of tree trunks and moves her sinuous head close to Sevis, almost knocking him out with her fumes.
** (98) Zarenna gets up and bolts out of the forest as if running for her dear sweet life. **
** (99) Sevis Goloens covers his nose **
** (99) Sevis Goloens attempts to trip her before she can run **
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "Tread lightly, human. I swore on an oath that I would come and I have. I did not swear to your use of my name."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "Give me one reason why I should not kill you now."
** (98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos comes in close so that she's literally a few feet away from Sevis. **
(99) Sevis Goloens: "I have no reason to give you. If you wish to kill me you will. I am praying that your Honor will save my life yet again."
** (99) Sevis Goloens 's voice is quivering in fear **
** (98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos pauses. **
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "You are beneath my notice, worm, if only for the Oath on which I swore. Insignificant, beneath even a morsel."
(99) Sevis Goloens: "I have called you because I need your help. I only used the name the snakes told me in the hopes that it would better reach you then your common human name."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "What is this 'favor' you wish to ask of me?"
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "Snakes?" (puzzled)
(99) Sevis Goloens: "I have two tasks I need done. I offer you the choice of which you feel will fufill your oath to me. Some snake men that answered questions. I asked what your True name was since you said it was too long for me to remember."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "What are these 'tasks'?"
(99) Sevis Goloens: "The first task is to retive the mystic keys of Brie. Lord Krell is in posetion of these, as well as the hoard of a white drake, which it is said he slew single handedly."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "A hoard of an ice drake."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "Hmm."
(98) DM: She taps her chin with one talon, the size of a bastard sword.
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "Do continue."
(99) Sevis Goloens: "The second task is to retive the sword Darkmoon for me. This task hold no potential reward for you as the sword is buries in a field."
(99) Sevis Goloens: "How you complete either task is up to you. and either of the items I mentioned are all I need."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "You would not want me to touch the Sword of Vengeance in any event."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "I shall retrieve these keys for you."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "When I have them, what then? Shall I dance on the head of a pin?"
** (99) Sevis Goloens nods "This humble mortal thanks you, and wishes your brood to grow large and stroong." **
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "The hoard which you speak of shall be payment enough. And the human's life. He will know what it means to slay a drake."
(99) Sevis Goloens: "When you have them, if you feel it safe to do so, bring them back to me. Other wise keep them safe untill you feel it is safe to do so."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "And where shall I find you?"
** (99) Sevis Goloens shrugs "I am a pitiful mortal I am forced to travel to survive. I will be in the
White Tower for a week, then heading to Dagda's Thumb" **
(99) Sevis Goloens: "Is there a way I can let you know where I am every day?"
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "Already done. Your use of my name has created a spellbond that exists for the task you have set before me. It is a spell of old and a rule. There are rules, as you know."
** (99) Sevis Goloens nods as if he did know, but actualy has no clue **
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "The Wood of Dagdha is not a safe place for one such as I. I will bring these keys to you at a time of my choosing, when you are no longer near these cursed woods."
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "Is there aught else you would have of me, human?"
** (99) Sevis Goloens kneels and bows his head "I thank you Ebony. You honor me greatly." **
** (98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos spreads her wings and snatches a stray deer, crushing it. **
(98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos: "See that you do."
** (98) Ebony, of House Xerxastronos springs up into the air and flies off. **
** (99) Sevis Goloens colapses to the ground until she is well and gone **
(98) DM: The corpse of a deer, its head savagely torn off, falls from the sky and flattens a sapling.
** (99) Sevis Goloens breaths deeply after she has left then sets off to find Zarenna **

[Sat Aug 18 23:18:59 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: from last time
[Sat Aug 18 23:19:12 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: gonna be afk for a couple of min while I order dinner
[Sat Aug 18 23:19:14 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: brb
[Sat Aug 18 23:22:12 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (by the way, Mr. Sevis is a few hours away from you. I think we can safely say that eventually you catch up but how you want to do this is up to you. tonight starts out later that day, as you've been travelling for a while.)
[Sat Aug 18 23:23:04 2007] : (85) Sevis Goloens: (( Sevis is actualy gona try and find Zarenna, since she said she could open a Gate and just have her bring him to the White Tower ))
[Sat Aug 18 23:24:06 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks over Rhian. "Rhian Sedai, Drenla mentioned that the tower might have some information about Ringrist in it's library. Any ideas how we could obtain permission to check? Or is it impossible?" **
[Sat Aug 18 23:25:29 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "That depends on your request."
[Sat Aug 18 23:26:17 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Aes Sedai value knowledge. If you have something to trade, I'm certain someone could be persuaded."
[Sat Aug 18 23:26:25 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Aug 18 23:26:25 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): sorry to bother you,but I forgot to write down which two domains I took as a cleric.
[Sat Aug 18 23:26:52 2007] : (91) Thom: "I take it they aren't too likely to take information about the future too seriously, huh?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:27:22 2007] : (91) Thom: (( If only I could tell them who wins the world series or what companies to invest in... :-P ))
[Sat Aug 18 23:27:26 2007] : ** (86) Daelan inspects the hammer he now has as he walks along with the others,his eyes glancing around on occasion making sure no one is watching them. **
[Sat Aug 18 23:29:51 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Rhian I know you said the Aes Sedai would try and take Thoms sword,what of this hammer? Will they try and take it as well?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:31:29 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks back to Morti. "Hey Morti, any ideas on knowledge we might be able to trade for information on Ringrist? Everything I can think of is likely to be thought of as "crazy". **
[Sat Aug 18 23:31:56 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "On the contrary, they would be VERY interested in knowledge about the future, if only to take you and have you gentled or stilled."
[Sat Aug 18 23:32:07 2007] : ** (96) Rhian Sedai says this matter-of-factly. **
[Sat Aug 18 23:32:30 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I can't remember either.
[Sat Aug 18 23:32:37 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can repick
[Sat Aug 18 23:32:39 2007] : (91) Thom: "Yeah, that doesn't sound too pleasant."
[Sat Aug 18 23:32:40 2007] : (94) Morti: "Knowledge that isn't about the future....? Hmmm....."
[Sat Aug 18 23:33:22 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): I know one was plant
[Sat Aug 18 23:33:38 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "As for the Hammer, you need not be concerned, Daelan. If it is not a ter'angreal, that is."
[Sat Aug 18 23:34:06 2007] : (86) Daelan: " And how can one tell if it is a Ter'angreal?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:34:11 2007] : ** (96) Rhian Sedai looks at all of you. "The Tower is -- or can be -- a more dangerous place than any you have been to." **
[Sat Aug 18 23:34:24 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Many Sisters, Reds in particular, do not like men."
[Sat Aug 18 23:34:36 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Aug 18 23:34:36 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Just making sure you are all getting this.
[Sat Aug 18 23:34:38 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sat Aug 18 23:34:48 2007] : (86) Daelan: " That is fine,I am not an Edan."
[Sat Aug 18 23:35:03 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Moon, Plant, Protection, Thunder, Weather
[Sat Aug 18 23:35:14 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): all of what?
[Sat Aug 18 23:35:29 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "You are a man, are you not?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:35:35 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "A male."
[Sat Aug 18 23:35:46 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "That puts you on the same footing as an 'Edan'."
[Sat Aug 18 23:36:00 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): (GW): all of the people... making sure I haven't forgotten how the GW works.
[Sat Aug 18 23:36:09 2007] : (94) Morti: "Hmmm.. how do they feel about boys then?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:36:25 2007] : (91) Thom: "So, you suggest that we keep a low profile? Should be easy enough."
[Sat Aug 18 23:36:31 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "You would be beneath notice." (smiles slyly)
[Sat Aug 18 23:37:03 2007] : (94) Morti: "That means not killing me at least, right?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:37:32 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "When I see you, Morti, I see a child. Something tells me you could get by very easily."
[Sat Aug 18 23:37:40 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): I am looking at the domains and only plant is listed as for the other 4 I have no idea what spells they would offer.
[Sat Aug 18 23:38:16 2007] : (94) Morti: "Thank you.. I think.."
[Sat Aug 18 23:39:03 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "If it is a ter'angreal, Daelan, I was not able to sense it. But then, I am newly raised to the shawl, so my abilities are not as powerful as a Sitter or as the Amrylin."
[Sat Aug 18 23:39:33 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I can tell you
[Sat Aug 18 23:39:37 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but not now
[Sat Aug 18 23:39:47 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Well it is supposed to bring all races together as they were in the past."
[Sat Aug 18 23:39:55 2007] : (87) Cael: "Perhaps it would be best to keep it out of sight, if that is the case. Better to be safe than to have it taken."
[Sat Aug 18 23:39:56 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Moon utilizes the magicka inherent in the moons of Andurin
[Sat Aug 18 23:39:56 2007] : (94) Morti: "Sitter...? Amrylin..?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:40:16 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Protection grants spells such as shield and globe of invulnerability
[Sat Aug 18 23:40:17 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): ok well plant for sure. I like the tree walking spell so cool
[Sat Aug 18 23:40:23 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Thunder is self explanatory
[Sat Aug 18 23:40:30 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Weather is also self explanatory
[Sat Aug 18 23:40:46 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Aug 18 23:40:46 2007] : (85) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): If Sevis finds Zarenna and gets her to take him to the Tower via a Gate, he will ask her about her trial, and ask if her potential warder is allowed to attend. The offer of potential Warder is for protection pourposes only of course
[Sat Aug 18 23:41:06 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Thunder is thunder and lightning based/electrical spells
[Sat Aug 18 23:41:18 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Aug 18 23:42:15 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Politics, Morti. The Amyrlin Seat, the Amrylin or the Mother of the Tower is the head of the Aes Sedai. The Amyrlin Seat is also the throne upon which the Amyrlin sits."
[Sat Aug 18 23:42:34 2007] : ** (86) Daelan picks up a small stone as he is walking,takes the stone and tosses it into the air,then quickly takes the hammer and hits the stone. **
[Sat Aug 18 23:43:06 2007] : (94) Morti: "Ah.. who is the Amyrlin?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:43:23 2007] : (85) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a bit ))
[Sat Aug 18 23:43:27 2007] : (94) Morti: "Kinda like the Magister of your people, right?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:44:59 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "The current Amyrlin is Nynaeve Tyshalle, formerly of the Blue Ajah."
[Sat Aug 18 23:45:41 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "A little, except that she represents all Aes Sedai. She is our Mother and our ruler."
[Sat Aug 18 23:45:58 2007] : (94) Morti: "Oh.. is she nice?'
[Sat Aug 18 23:46:29 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Sitters are highly esteemed sisters who have been chosen within their Ajah to represent their Ajah and its interests in the Hall of the Tower."
[Sat Aug 18 23:46:48 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Is she nice? I...I suppose so."
[Sat Aug 18 23:47:58 2007] : ** (96) Rhian Sedai walks along gazing in the distance as you travel the countryside. **
[Sat Aug 18 23:48:11 2007] : (94) Morti: :cocks a cloth brow: "Oh, have you not met her?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:48:14 2007] : (91) Thom: "The d'Ambervilles!" Thom suddenly pipes up. Realizing that he just interrupted Morti and Rhian's conversation, he mutters a "Sorry" before falling silent again.
[Sat Aug 18 23:48:43 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "She tested me when we were in Pelham."
[Sat Aug 18 23:49:02 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "It is not often I am honored with the opportunity to talk to our Mother."
[Sat Aug 18 23:49:36 2007] : (94) Morti: :looks curiously to Thom, beofre turning back to Rhian: "Well then, I'll try not to embarass you in front of her."
[Sat Aug 18 23:50:40 2007] : (85) Sevis Goloens: (( back ))
[Sat Aug 18 23:50:52 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Why would you?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:51:29 2007] : ** (91) Thom chuckles. "It's not that he would try to, he just has a tendency to now and then." **
[Sat Aug 18 23:51:29 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "If anything, we would more likely speak to the Keeper rather than the Amyrlin."
[Sat Aug 18 23:51:43 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Er...you would. I am not that important."
[Sat Aug 18 23:52:04 2007] : (94) Morti: "Ok.. ." :walks a bit further before asking: "Is the Keeper nice then?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:52:24 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "She...Alviarin has a reputation for being cold."
[Sat Aug 18 23:52:37 2007] : ** (96) Rhian Sedai seems slightly disgusted. **
[Sat Aug 18 23:53:01 2007] : (94) Morti: "Should we brign her a blanket?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:53:26 2007] : ** (87) Cael chuckles. **
[Sat Aug 18 23:53:39 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "I think she could use more than a blanket." (mutters softly)
[Sat Aug 18 23:53:50 2007] : ** (91) Thom slaps his forehead before looking to Rhian. "See?" **
[Sat Aug 18 23:54:03 2007] : (94) Morti: "Ok.. a warm wool robe too then."
[Sat Aug 18 23:54:04 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "See what?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:54:32 2007] : (94) Morti: :glances curiously to Thom:
[Sat Aug 18 23:54:53 2007] : ** (87) Cael moves towards Thom, "I can only assume this is his typical behaviour?" **
[Sat Aug 18 23:55:18 2007] : (86) Daelan: " I believe she is refering to the way this Alviarin views others that are not Aes Sedai,Morti. Almost the way I view those that are not Calen."
[Sat Aug 18 23:55:20 2007] : (91) Thom: "Never mind." Thom says with a shake of his head. "Is this Keeper the one we would talk to about trading information for information within the library?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:55:25 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "She needs to get out more and not be stuck up with all those scrolls of hers."
[Sat Aug 18 23:55:59 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks to Cael, "For the most part, but it usually works out." **
[Sat Aug 18 23:56:43 2007] : ** (87) Cael smirks, "I'm sure that knowledge will be useful in the future." **
[Sat Aug 18 23:56:53 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "The Keeper of the Chronicles is second in command of the Tower, and answers only to the Amyrlin. If Alviarin deems you important enough, you may have the Mother's ear."
[Sat Aug 18 23:57:36 2007] : (87) Cael: "And how often is one deemed important enough?"
[Sat Aug 18 23:57:47 2007] : ** (94) Morti nods: "Right then." **
[Sat Aug 18 23:58:29 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "By being a male who can channel -- in which case you would bring the wrath of the Tower down upon your head, or by possessing power (glances pointedly at Thom) or by having knowledge useful to the Sisters."
[Sat Aug 18 23:58:48 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Or by posing as a threat that cannot be ignored."
[Sat Aug 18 23:59:25 2007] : ** (91) Thom whistles a little. "Well, that leaves only the knowledge route for us then." **
[Sat Aug 18 23:59:31 2007] : (86) Daelan: " There are those out there that pose a threat yet I have seen no signs from the Aes Sedai."
[Sat Aug 18 23:59:40 2007] : (94) Morti: "Oh! We know lots of threats!"

[Sun Aug 19 00:00:14 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "That may be because you have not seen any act openly."
[Sun Aug 19 00:00:17 2007] : (87) Cael: "Morti, I wouldn't recommend trying to threaten them, it would probably be a bad choice."
[Sun Aug 19 00:00:28 2007] : (91) Thom: "No Morti, I'm fairly sure we don't want to even utter that word around the tower, it might be taken the wrong way."
[Sun Aug 19 00:01:06 2007] : ** (94) Morti groans, letting his head roll to the side. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:01:16 2007] : (86) Daelan: " What of Shaitan? I have seen no one stand up against him,only those here are willing to do so."
[Sun Aug 19 00:02:13 2007] : ** (96) Rhian Sedai shoots you a look that could melt steel. "If you value your tongue, you will not speak that name." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:02:33 2007] : ** (91) Thom simply smiles. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:03:11 2007] : (86) Daelan: " I see even the great ones like the Aes Sedai are frightened of him."
[Sun Aug 19 00:03:29 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "The Dark One can hear his name being spoken, Daelan. And generally have a sense of where the speaker is located."
[Sun Aug 19 00:03:59 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "I fear him, yes. And you should as well. If you do not, you are a fool."
[Sun Aug 19 00:04:19 2007] : (86) Daelan: " I do think he would attack us so close to the White Tower."
[Sun Aug 19 00:04:28 2007] : ** (96) Rhian Sedai laughs harshly. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:04:45 2007] : (94) Morti: "He can really know when his name is spoken?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:04:47 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "Your friend is a fool and may soon get as killed." (to Thom)
[Sun Aug 19 00:04:57 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: (us*)
[Sun Aug 19 00:05:46 2007] : (91) Thom: "Friend? Try again. He does seem to get us in more trouble than he has been worth. But now and then it is good to have him around."
[Sun Aug 19 00:06:10 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "The Lord of the Dark has many servants, with eyes and ears listening for those who do not use caution." (peers about) "Such as ravens, so it is said."
[Sun Aug 19 00:06:35 2007] : ** (96) Rhian Sedai glances around her and settles on a point to the southeast. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:07:08 2007] : (86) Daelan: " There is only one here that I call Elindil and that is Atross,the others are travelers on the same path as I."
[Sun Aug 19 00:07:24 2007] : (96) DM: Far off in the distance, a flock of blackbirds fly into the sky.
[Sun Aug 19 00:07:30 2007] : ** (94) Morti suddenly looks about for black birds. "G-guess I should be more careful with his name." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:07:49 2007] : (91) Thom: "A fact you seem to find necessary to point out numerous times a day."
[Sun Aug 19 00:09:46 2007] : (91) Thom: "Just avoid it Morti. One of these days hopefully Daelan will come to the same sense."
[Sun Aug 19 00:10:27 2007] : ** (94) Morti nods to Thom, as he follows along, looking about the skies cautiously **
[Sun Aug 19 00:10:49 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "And you are incorrect, Daelan. His servants are known to strike openly, even when you least expect it. I have heard tales of seasoned warriors being slain by a well-placed dagger, struck down in full view of a street of people. Responsible by none other than a grey shade, a servant of the Lord of the Dark."
[Sun Aug 19 00:11:01 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): does anything happen when I hit the stone with the hammer?
[Sun Aug 19 00:11:17 2007] : (96) Rhian Sedai: "No, the Tower is as dangerous a place as any you have visited. Perhaps more dangerous."
[Sun Aug 19 00:11:51 2007] : (91) Thom: "And likely just as strange a place, if not any stranger."
[Sun Aug 19 00:12:04 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Aug 19 00:12:23 2007] : (86) Daelan: " What is it you are hoping to learn from the Aes Sedia Thom?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:12:31 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): ok
[Sun Aug 19 00:13:18 2007] : (86) Daelan: " They protect thier knowledge as we Calen protect our land,with great distain for all that are not of our race."
[Sun Aug 19 00:13:19 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks back to Morti. "Morti, I was thinking of offering the Aes Sedai information about our encounter with the d'Ambervilles - since it operated outside of space and time. Should be something they would be interested in. What do you think?" **
[Sun Aug 19 00:13:25 2007] : ** (87) Cael listens intently to what is being said, hoping to learn more about his new companions. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:14:22 2007] : ** (94) Morti shrugs to Thom. "Not sure how valuable it would be to them, but okay." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:15:18 2007] : (91) Thom: "Honestly, I hope that they are much more open than you are Daelan. As I have mentioned, I am seeking information about Ringrist. What about you, would you even place your overly holy foot in their city?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:16:03 2007] : (87) Cael: "Knowledge is a strange currency my young friend, that which seems useless to one may be the greatest treasure to another."
[Sun Aug 19 00:16:28 2007] : ** (91) Thom pauses momentarily as he speaks to Daelan, with an occassional glance at Cael. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:16:47 2007] : (91) Thom: (( as in - during the previous statement... ))
[Sun Aug 19 00:17:04 2007] : (87) Cael: (( I assumed ))
[Sun Aug 19 00:18:46 2007] : ** (91) Thom turns to Cael, "And what about you traveller? What are your plans?" **
[Sun Aug 19 00:18:56 2007] : (86) Daelan: " I will enter the place if only to grace it with my presense."
[Sun Aug 19 00:19:10 2007] : ** (86) Daelan smiles at Thom **
[Sun Aug 19 00:21:11 2007] : ** (91) Thom shakes his head at Daelan, letting it drop for now. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:21:21 2007] : ** (87) Cael smiles painfully, "I suppose you could say that I'm also in search of knowledge of a sort, though I fear I won't be able to find my answer in a book." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:21:42 2007] : (87) Cael: "As for my plans, I'm still uncertain, my current plans end with me arriving in Nith'Tar Valon."
[Sun Aug 19 00:23:25 2007] : (91) Thom: "Well, unless Daelan here brings the Dark One down on us with his words, we should have no problem seeing you there."
[Sun Aug 19 00:24:50 2007] : (87) Cael: "I assure you that already you've been a help in my search for information."
[Sun Aug 19 00:25:34 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Very well Thom,if it will ease your mind,I shall refer to him as Mori from now on,will that be sufficient?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:25:35 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks at Cael with a studying look. "And since we have been such a help, may I inquire as to how?" **
[Sun Aug 19 00:26:09 2007] : (94) Morti: "Mori.."
[Sun Aug 19 00:26:11 2007] : (94) Morti: ?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:26:35 2007] : (86) Daelan: " It means Dark Morti."
[Sun Aug 19 00:27:01 2007] : (94) Morti: "Huh...ya don't say..."
[Sun Aug 19 00:27:02 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Also the word we use to call the Drow as you call them."
[Sun Aug 19 00:27:38 2007] : (91) Thom: "As long as Miss Rhian Sedai has no problem with it, it will work."
[Sun Aug 19 00:27:49 2007] : (87) Cael: "By watching your interaction with each other."
[Sun Aug 19 00:28:50 2007] : (87) Cael: "Your differences are obvious, yet whether you admit it or not, you work together towards a common goal, it is the unseen, unknown bond that I wish to know more about."
[Sun Aug 19 00:29:07 2007] : (87) Cael: "How it forms, and how to strengthen it."
[Sun Aug 19 00:31:13 2007] : ** (91) Thom glances around, remembering how they came together. "Well, I guess for each of us it was different, and we kinda found ourselves working together. It is kind of amazing we haven't actually killed each other, huh? Seeing as how we are basically a group of strangers that managed to come together." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:32:41 2007] : ** (87) Cael laughs, "Exactly, its the force that brings strangers together I want to know more about. The only way to do that is to try and experience it myself." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:32:47 2007] : ** (86) Daelan smiles," Yes I have had to restrain myself a number to times in the past when we first met." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:32:55 2007] : (87) Cael: "I'm hoping that Nith'Tar Valon will provide me with that opprotunity."
[Sun Aug 19 00:33:52 2007] : (91) Thom: "You want to study how the Aes Sedai work together?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:35:48 2007] : (87) Cael: "Not the Aes Sedai specifically, but the people they deal with, and how those outside the Aes Sedai interact with each other."
[Sun Aug 19 00:37:28 2007] : (91) Thom: "And have you learned anything yet? Surely we are not your first subjects that you have been studying?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:37:28 2007] : (94) Morti: "That sounds friendly of you."
[Sun Aug 19 00:38:01 2007] : (87) Cael: "I've learned quite a bit."
[Sun Aug 19 00:39:01 2007] : (87) Cael: "The most important being that the bond that brings people together is much more fragile that one might believe."
[Sun Aug 19 00:40:08 2007] : (91) Thom: "Anything that can help, and please do not take offense at this, Daelan trust us - or help us understand him?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:40:58 2007] : ** (91) Thom doesn't bother to talk quietly, obviously enjoying talking to one of the elven people in a friendly manner. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:41:42 2007] : (87) Cael: "When you live as long as we do, and see the mistakes that other races make, it can become difficult to trust them."
[Sun Aug 19 00:43:05 2007] : (91) Thom: "So it is common to group everyone in a certain race together?"
[Sun Aug 19 00:43:40 2007] : (87) Cael: "Sadly, that tends to be what happens more often than not."
[Sun Aug 19 00:45:05 2007] : (86) Daelan: " When you first met me Thom,you did not know I was a Calen,only that I was a Quessir."
[Sun Aug 19 00:46:09 2007] : ** (91) Thom nods to Cael. "True Daelan, and now I have reason to avoid your lands that you and yours so desperately try to hold onto." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:47:14 2007] : (86) Daelan: " As when I first met you I called you all Edan,now I know better you are Humans."
[Sun Aug 19 00:47:55 2007] : (91) Thom: "You were the first Quessir that I met Daelan, and until now - I doubted that I would ever want to meet another."
[Sun Aug 19 00:50:36 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Perhaps for you Thom,there are others who would like to see how we Quessir live,those like Atross and Morti."
[Sun Aug 19 00:50:40 2007] : (91) Thom: "Then again, I guess that's yet another fault of us Humans. I realize I was mistaken in my thoughts and so I adjust to change."
[Sun Aug 19 00:51:18 2007] : (94) Morti: (brb)
[Sun Aug 19 00:51:39 2007] : (105) Donovan (enter): 00:51
[Sun Aug 19 00:51:53 2007] : (87) Cael: "I can't help but find your previous comment funny. About your dfear to meet another Calen, after asking if it was common to group everyone in a certain race together."
[Sun Aug 19 00:52:01 2007] : (87) Cael: (( fear* ))
[Sun Aug 19 00:52:07 2007] : (86) Daelan: " I was mistaken as well Thom,I even made Atross an Elindil,not something that I thought I would do in this or any life time."
[Sun Aug 19 00:52:48 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Aug 19 00:52:48 2007] : (105) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): And speak of the devil!
[Sun Aug 19 00:53:46 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks to Cael and smiles. "Yes, but that just shows that the Quessir are not all that different from us Humans, doesn't it?" **
[Sun Aug 19 00:54:11 2007] : (86) Daelan: " But he has taken it upon himself to learn the ways of the Calen,and I can not expect a Human to understand the way of the Calen unless they are taught."
[Sun Aug 19 00:54:47 2007] : (87) Cael: "That is true, we tend to be more alike than we like to admit."
[Sun Aug 19 00:55:42 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Perhaps your clan is Cael,yours tend to be more tollerate than the true Calen."
[Sun Aug 19 00:56:12 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (105) Donovan...
[Sun Aug 19 00:56:17 2007] : ** (91) Thom pauses and bows to Cael, is a serious manner. "And that is all, or at least part of all, that I wanted to hear. Thank you." **
[Sun Aug 19 00:56:40 2007] : (96) DM: (bring D up to speed pls)
[Sun Aug 19 00:58:23 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): (GW): Your just lovin' that part aren't you?
[Sun Aug 19 00:58:24 2007] : ** (91) Thom moves on after that, continuing the path to Nith'Tar Valon. **
[Sun Aug 19 00:58:45 2007] : (106) Lunauc (enter): 00:58
[Sun Aug 19 00:58:53 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): (GW): So, about what time of day is it, in-game?
[Sun Aug 19 00:59:18 2007] : (106) Morti: (took me a little while to realize I was disconnected.)
[Sun Aug 19 01:02:59 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (106) Lunauc...
[Sun Aug 19 01:03:03 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(94) Lunauc' from room...
[Sun Aug 19 01:03:04 2007] : (94) Lunauc (exit): 01:03
[Sun Aug 19 01:03:16 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): mid afternoon
[Sun Aug 19 01:03:41 2007] : (107) CondorDM (enter): 01:03
[Sun Aug 19 01:03:51 2007] : ** (86) Daelan sips alittle water as he walks,offering a small amount to his ferret. **
[Sun Aug 19 01:04:23 2007] : (107) CondorDM: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Aug 19 01:04:23 2007] : (107) CondorDM (exit): 01:04
[Sun Aug 19 01:04:28 2007] : (96) DM: (I'm not FFing intentionally, first because Sevis is doing his own little thing, second because I'm setting up for later on so feel free to continue RPing. I'm following along in the background. fyi, it's mid-afternoon, about highsun rising two (OOC: 2 pm))
[Sun Aug 19 01:04:39 2007] : (91) Thom: (( well - any other RP, or we good to FF a bit. And more importantly, is Stan good to FF? ))
[Sun Aug 19 01:04:54 2007] : (91) Thom: (( lol - never mind then... ))
[Sun Aug 19 01:05:18 2007] : (96) DM: ((you guys don't get enough as it is anyway. ^^)))
[Sun Aug 19 01:06:04 2007] : (91) Thom: (( lol - well, I got my talk on after not talking last Fri... Smoke break for me. Everyone else discuss amongst yourselves. ))
[Sun Aug 19 01:06:05 2007] : (86) Daelan: " You know Thom the Aes Sedai may get suspisious when you bring up the subject of Ringrist."
[Sun Aug 19 01:06:29 2007] : (91) Thom: "Yeah, I already got an idea about that - don't worry."
[Sun Aug 19 01:07:51 2007] : (86) Daelan: " I do not worry,I am just making sure you do not lose a weapon that will help in defeating Shai... I mean the Mori."
[Sun Aug 19 01:07:52 2007] : (106) Morti: "Plan..?" :takes a moment, before offering in a bad impersonation: "I want to ask you about a legendary sword... not for me of course... for a friend..."
[Sun Aug 19 01:08:11 2007] : (106) Morti: "Like that?"
[Sun Aug 19 01:08:58 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Let us hope that is not his plan Morti."
[Sun Aug 19 01:13:19 2007] : Game disconnected!
[Sun Aug 19 01:14:54 2007] : Locating server at cpe-075-178-038-089.nc.res.rr.com:6774...
[Sun Aug 19 01:14:54 2007] : Game connected!
[Sun Aug 19 01:14:54 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC (enter): 01:14
[Sun Aug 19 01:14:55 2007] : (1) QB (enter): 01:14
[Sun Aug 19 01:14:55 2007] : (103) Mach (enter): 01:14
[Sun Aug 19 01:14:55 2007] : (94) Lunauc (enter): 01:14
[Sun Aug 19 01:14:56 2007] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.4', named 'Tangled Web'.

[img]

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!
The developers in alphabetical order are:
Thomas Baleno, Andrew Bennett, Lex Berezhny, Ted Berg, Bernhard Bergbauer, Chris Blocher ,Ben Collins-Sussman, Robin Cook, Greg Copeland, Chris Davis, Michael Edwards, Andrew Ettinger, Dj Gilcrease, Todd Faris, Christopher Hickman, Paul Hosking, Scott Mackay, Brian Manning, Jesse McConnell, Brian Osman, Rome Reginelli, Christopher Rouse, Dave Sanders and Mark Tarrabain.

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.


[Sun Aug 19 01:15:00 2007] : Moving to room 'Damrosil'..
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:00 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:01 2007] : Server Administrator->

[img]

Many thanks goes to all of those who contributed!
The developers in alphabetical order are:
Thomas Baleno, Andrew Bennett, Lex Berezhny, Ted Berg, Bernhard Bergbauer, Chris Blocher ,Ben Collins-Sussman, Robin Cook, Greg Copeland, Chris Davis, Michael Edwards, Andrew Ettinger, Dj Gilcrease, Todd Faris, Christopher Hickman, Paul Hosking, Scott Mackay, Brian Manning, Jesse McConnell, Brian Osman, Rome Reginelli, Christopher Rouse, Dave Sanders and Mark Tarrabain.

This product is licensed under the GNU GPL License.


[Sun Aug 19 01:15:01 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:01 2007] : (87) Cael (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:01 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:01 2007] : (91) Zane (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:01 2007] : (86) Daelan (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:02 2007] : (105) Donovan (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:02 2007] : (106) Lunauc (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:02 2007] : (108) zeb (enter): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:09 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (109) TaliesinNYC...
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:14 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(96) TaliesinNYC' from room...
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:15 2007] : (96) TaliesinNYC (exit): 01:15
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:34 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:35 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): Aww, I think you missed Thom's plan... "No. We first found out about the sword that is known as Ringrist while working to free Etienne d'Amberville. So, I am hoping to find out more information about this magnificent blade and just what it is capable of. As the d'Ambervilles said almost nothing about it, I am seeking knowledge. Something down those lines."
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:37 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:37 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sun Aug 19 01:15:59 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah
[Sun Aug 19 01:16:07 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): you like?
[Sun Aug 19 01:16:07 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and this was said to whom?
[Sun Aug 19 01:16:10 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Aug 19 01:16:13 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sure why not
[Sun Aug 19 01:16:36 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): Daelan and Morti, as they were question how I was going to bring up that I was seeking info about a legendary sword..
[Sun Aug 19 01:17:07 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): Well - to the whole party gathered, it wasn't whispered or anything, but it was directly said to them.
[Sun Aug 19 01:17:37 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): Hmm, I guess a 'sure why not' is better than "You THINK that might work..."
[Sun Aug 19 01:18:51 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Let us hope they do not have scrying abilities when we enter the tower."
[Sun Aug 19 01:19:03 2007] : (91) Thom: "Still working on more specifics, but that's the general idea I am going for. What about everyone else, what are you all planning on doing while we are in town?"
[Sun Aug 19 01:19:53 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Aug 19 01:20:00 2007] : (106) Morti: "I want to get in the library too. Can I come with you?"
[Sun Aug 19 01:20:21 2007] : (91) Thom: (( as in - I will revisit the logs myself to piece the information together better - so hopefully we don't actually get there tonight... :-P ))
[Sun Aug 19 01:20:22 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "That is a Talent that has not been discovered since the Second Age."
[Sun Aug 19 01:20:33 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: (has not been used*)
[Sun Aug 19 01:20:39 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Restock what items I need other than that nothing but wait."
[Sun Aug 19 01:21:17 2007] : (106) Morti: "And I'd like to meet the Amyrlin too." :nods thoughtfully:
[Sun Aug 19 01:21:58 2007] : (105) Atross: "I'm hoping to find something to keep entertained, actually. In such a big city, surely there's games or contests of some kind."
[Sun Aug 19 01:22:04 2007] : (91) Thom: "Of course Morti, but I do ask that you keep as quiet as you can. You know that your mouth tends to work a little faster than your mind when you get excited." Thom smiles at the young man. "Is there anything from the library that you are specifically interested in?"
[Sun Aug 19 01:22:05 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "You might be able to meet her during open court. Usually during the morning hours."
[Sun Aug 19 01:22:37 2007] : (106) Morti: :to Rhian :"Would I be allowed there?"
[Sun Aug 19 01:23:36 2007] : (91) Thom: "It sounds like the best option would be for us to find lodging first, so that we will know where to meet up, as it seems likely that we will split up ((Sorry Stash...)). After that, we can escort Rhian Sedai to the tower and go from there. Everyone approve?"
[Sun Aug 19 01:24:25 2007] : (105) Atross: "Aye. What could go wrong?"
[Sun Aug 19 01:24:59 2007] : ** (91) Thom shots Atross a look, but then chuckles. "Now? Everything of course." **
[Sun Aug 19 01:26:46 2007] : (87) Cael: "Perhaps I'll see if I can join you in the library, and assist you in your search, I've always been curious to see how it compares to the Library of Teythalas."
[Sun Aug 19 01:26:53 2007] : (87) Cael: "That is of course if you'll accept my assistance.
[Sun Aug 19 01:26:54 2007] : (87) Cael: "
[Sun Aug 19 01:27:44 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "All are welcome during open court. Most are petitioners who seek an audience with the Amyrlin. And there are those who seek justice or are brought to answer for their crimes, that the city watch cannot try for lack of resources or for other...less mundane reasons."
[Sun Aug 19 01:27:52 2007] : (91) Thom: "I have no problems with that. Three not-yet-wise males seeking knowledge. Hmm, almost has a nice ring to it."
[Sun Aug 19 01:28:07 2007] : (86) Daelan: " They may not take to Quessir Cael,there are places where we are treated worse than Glamhoths."
[Sun Aug 19 01:29:27 2007] : (106) Morti: :to Rhian: "Sounds.. kind of boring. But I would like to meet her all the same, and any other friendly sisters you know."
[Sun Aug 19 01:29:37 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): What is the relationship between the Aes Sedai and the Lalvas'Rhimm?
[Sun Aug 19 01:29:38 2007] : (91) Thom: "Rhian, what title would be best for us to use if we were to meet this Amyrlin during open court? Mother Aes Sedai?
[Sun Aug 19 01:30:07 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): In general of course.
[Sun Aug 19 01:32:42 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hm
[Sun Aug 19 01:32:56 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): courteous, civil, almost bordering on friendship
[Sun Aug 19 01:33:26 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): except that of course, the green elves being who they are are reluctant to break with tradition
[Sun Aug 19 01:33:46 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Of course, thanks
[Sun Aug 19 01:33:48 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): except that they recognize they need to break that mold if they're going to survive
[Sun Aug 19 01:34:22 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): so what your saying is that it is a bit of a complicated relationship.
[Sun Aug 19 01:35:03 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "Your Grace is acceptable."
[Sun Aug 19 01:35:15 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "Mother is what we use within the Sisterhood."
[Sun Aug 19 01:35:50 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "Amyriln as a title of respect is also acceptable."
[Sun Aug 19 01:36:03 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Aug 19 01:36:09 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): put it this way
[Sun Aug 19 01:36:21 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you would be friendlier to Rhian than Daelan
[Sun Aug 19 01:36:31 2007] : (91) Thom: "Your Grace huh? Very well, it is best to have the appropriate titles in place as they tend to smooth out rough conversations easier than a million appologies."
[Sun Aug 19 01:37:13 2007] : ** (91) Thom nods in response to Rhian's instruction. **
[Sun Aug 19 01:37:31 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Gotcha
[Sun Aug 19 01:38:55 2007] : ** (86) Daelan takes his hammer and tucks it into his belt under his cloak. **
[Sun Aug 19 01:42:35 2007] : (91) Thom: :to Rhian: "So, how long has it been since you were last here?"
[Sun Aug 19 01:42:47 2007] : (91) Thom: (( here = the tower... ))
[Sun Aug 19 01:46:51 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "At least two years. I have been quite busy travelling the lands and taking note of a few things that my teachers had bid me do. And cultivating relationships that may be of use in the future."
[Sun Aug 19 01:48:38 2007] : (91) Thom: "Two years. Hmm, if it is like Highkeep, some change will have come to the city itself. Anyway, do you suggest any specific inn as being comfortable, but yet reasonable? I know things might have changed in two years, but it will still be a decent starting point."
[Sun Aug 19 01:50:26 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): Of course, you have no idea of any inns in Nith'Tar Valon yet, do you? Sorry, but this is all I can think of Thom asking right now...
[Sun Aug 19 01:51:10 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "Within the gate-town of Felanost, perhaps you might try the Sleeping Selkie, if it still stands. The proprietor is a friend of mine. Ask for Teia."
[Sun Aug 19 01:51:43 2007] : (91) Thom: "Thank you, that does sound promissing."
[Sun Aug 19 01:51:50 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "On Nith'Tar Valon itself, if you have the coin, The Sign of Four is one of the best inns in the land."
[Sun Aug 19 01:52:32 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "And then, there is also lodging in the Tower itself, as a guest of the Amyrlin or a Sister..."
[Sun Aug 19 01:52:39 2007] : ** (109) Rhian Sedai glances at you speculatively. **
[Sun Aug 19 01:53:44 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "Hmmm." (seems lost in thought)
[Sun Aug 19 01:53:53 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Spot
[Sun Aug 19 01:53:54 2007] : (91) Thom: "Ahh. I knew you offered for us to remain as quest for a short time, I did not realize that included an offer of lodging as well."
[Sun Aug 19 01:54:23 2007] : (91) Thom: "And of course, I was not going to just presume it did and impose on you and your Sisters."
[Sun Aug 19 01:55:12 2007] : (108) zeb (exit): 01:55
[Sun Aug 19 01:56:00 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "It's possible that I could sponsor you. But then, that depends on how much scrutiny you'd like."
[Sun Aug 19 01:58:11 2007] : (91) Thom: "Personally, the less the better. However, we are already going to be meeting with some Aes Sedai, likely of importance, to view the library materials. And if Morti wishes to meet the Amyrlin, it would likely go smoother if we ewre more than just the common rabble come to praise her and see her for a moment. But this is something that we will need to discuss, as you surely understand."
[Sun Aug 19 01:58:18 2007] : (109) DM: As you round a bend in the road, you can see a corpse lying stretched out across the road.
[Sun Aug 19 01:59:05 2007] : ** (91) Thom calls to Daelan and moves forward to the body, searching for any signs of nearby attackers. **
[Sun Aug 19 01:59:29 2007] : ** (86) Daelan stops in his tracks,unslinging his bow in an instant,his hand dropping to his quiver as he scans the area. **
[Sun Aug 19 01:59:30 2007] : ** (87) Cael stops, looking around. He sends Rin to the air to watch for any danger before moving towards the body. **
[Sun Aug 19 01:59:48 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there was a brief scuffle here and tracks lead off to the south
[Sun Aug 19 02:00:09 2007] : ** (105) Atross circles the body to the opposite side, watching for anyone still nearby as he covers the terrain, bow at the ready. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:00:10 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): actual corpse - as in quite dead? Since I am apparently the only one approaching it...
[Sun Aug 19 02:00:10 2007] : (109) DM: This appears to be a simply dressed half-elf.
[Sun Aug 19 02:00:44 2007] : ** (86) Daelan moves over to the body,scanning the ground for any recent tracks. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:00:45 2007] : ** (106) Morti groans as he stares ahead at the downed figure, gripping his staff tight as he looks about warily with the others **
[Sun Aug 19 02:01:00 2007] : ** (91) Thom makes sure the half-elf is indeed dead and not just knocked unconscious or anything once he reaches the body. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:01:01 2007] : (109) DM: He seems to have been a courier or messenger of some kind. Bags and pouches are strewn across the road, as if whatever or whomever slew him did not bother to take his belongings.
[Sun Aug 19 02:01:15 2007] : (109) DM: A jeweled dagger of unusual make lies off to one side.
[Sun Aug 19 02:01:34 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): actual corpse, yes
[Sun Aug 19 02:01:50 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a few days old dead from the looks of things
[Sun Aug 19 02:01:59 2007] : (105) Atross: "It seems a bad case of killing the messenger."
[Sun Aug 19 02:02:10 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Recent? perhaps a few days old.
[Sun Aug 19 02:02:23 2007] : ** (91) Thom notices the dagger and reaches for it before pausing. He then takes out his father's rapier and uses the tip of it to move the dagger closer to him. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:02:36 2007] : ** (87) Cael checks the body for signs of what killed him. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:02:48 2007] : (109) DM: A half-open satchel lies a few feet from the body, which is beginning to show signs of rot.
[Sun Aug 19 02:03:04 2007] : (109) DM: A few silver marks are tossed casually aside.
[Sun Aug 19 02:03:13 2007] : ** (106) Morti approaches slowly, asking with worry, "H-how was he...?" **
[Sun Aug 19 02:03:37 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): multiple stab wounds, mostly haphazard. and..lash marks, as if he were whipped.
[Sun Aug 19 02:03:40 2007] : (106) Morti: :gulp: "Killed.... how was he killed?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:03:50 2007] : (91) Thom: "Rhian Sedai, you are most likely to understand any significance of markings on his letters, would you collect them and see if anything strikes you as curious enough to maybe cause this to happen?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:04:16 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks over the dagger itself. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:04:22 2007] : (87) Cael: "He was stabbed, and apparently whipped."
[Sun Aug 19 02:04:29 2007] : ** (109) Rhian Sedai nods and examines his belongings. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:05:03 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): search (=14) and applicable knowledges. (+1) :)
[Sun Aug 19 02:05:13 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): +14, not =14
[Sun Aug 19 02:05:24 2007] : (87) Cael: "The attack was brutal."
[Sun Aug 19 02:05:34 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): Spot: [1d20+13] => [19,13] = (32)
[Sun Aug 19 02:05:37 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): several scroll cases, the seals of which have been broken.
[Sun Aug 19 02:05:48 2007] : (91) Thom: "So, humanoid, and not likely a wild animal then, yes?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:06:13 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): unarmored and appears to have been unarmed mostly, save for a simple hunting knife.
[Sun Aug 19 02:06:43 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): I take it jeweled dagger is not the simple hunting knife.
[Sun Aug 19 02:06:49 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Aug 19 02:07:04 2007] : (87) Cael: "No, this is not the work of a wild animal."
[Sun Aug 19 02:07:12 2007] : (86) Daelan: " The attack took place several days ago."
[Sun Aug 19 02:07:20 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the spot roll was for the corpse
[Sun Aug 19 02:07:31 2007] : ** (91) Thom picks up the jeweled dagger and looks it over, seeing if it is indded functional or merely decorative. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:07:32 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but you can use that roll for the next check
[Sun Aug 19 02:07:45 2007] : (86) Daelan: " The tracks head South.'
[Sun Aug 19 02:08:01 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's make is such that it's viciously hooked
[Sun Aug 19 02:08:21 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a prominent ruby is seen ensconced in the hilt
[Sun Aug 19 02:08:24 2007] : (91) Thom: "I agree Daelan, doesn't appear recent. Rhian Sedai, is this road so rarely used that a body can lie here for days without notice?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:08:26 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): easily the size of your thumb.
[Sun Aug 19 02:08:52 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): hmm... ruby... Oh, yeah vicious murder before me...
[Sun Aug 19 02:09:44 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "This is one of the main roads between Ruairi and points north. However since we are north of the Bridge of Voices, most folk prefer to steer clear of the Lalvas'rhimm as we are still technically within their land.
[Sun Aug 19 02:10:16 2007] : ** (91) Thom also pulls out several scroll cases that he comes across, each with the seal broken. "Who wants to wager that what the killer was after was in one, or all, of these?" he asks as he shows the cases. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:10:46 2007] : (91) Thom: (( Lalvas'rhimm? ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:10:53 2007] : (86) Daelan: " That dagger is not of Quessir make."
[Sun Aug 19 02:10:58 2007] : (87) Cael: (( The tribe of Green Elves that Cael is from ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:11:13 2007] : (85) Sevis Goloens: (( Green elf trib of watchers ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:11:42 2007] : (91) Thom: "No, it appears to be quite a brutal weapon. And judging from this one's other possessions, it does not match at all."
[Sun Aug 19 02:11:54 2007] : (91) Thom: (( knew I heard it somewhere... :-) ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:12:30 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Do we follow the tracks?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:12:38 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): the dagger in a sheath, or was it just laying on the ground, exposed?
[Sun Aug 19 02:12:51 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Aug 19 02:12:51 2007] : (106) Morti: (whispering): any specific knowledge check to ID the origin of such a dagger? if it is symbolic in some way?
[Sun Aug 19 02:13:16 2007] : (105) Atross: "Which way do you think this messenger was heading? North to the Lalvas'rhimm, or South towards Nith'Tar Valon?
[Sun Aug 19 02:13:55 2007] : (91) Thom: "Soon Daelan. Since the attack is days old, it's not likely that a short time here is going to mean us losing the attacker."
[Sun Aug 19 02:13:56 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Well like I said the tracks head South."
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:14 2007] : (91) Thom: "Tracks of the messenger, or the attacker? Or both?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:17 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): arcana
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:22 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): history
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:36 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): which way was the messenger heading ?
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:36 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): underworld
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:43 2007] : (106) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [2,18] = (20)
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:44 2007] : (106) Morti: Knowledge: History Skill Check: [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:45 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): exposed
[Sun Aug 19 02:14:50 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): south
[Sun Aug 19 02:15:00 2007] : ** (91) Thom moves around the body, checking it out from different angles as he makes sure they haven't missed any signs. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:15:02 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): er....sorry, north
[Sun Aug 19 02:15:19 2007] : (86) Daelan: " The Messenger was heading North."
[Sun Aug 19 02:15:27 2007] : ** (106) Morti moves in to eye the dagger carefully a moment. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:15:29 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): Thom is also going to collect the coins as he moves - they aren't doing any good on the ground.
[Sun Aug 19 02:15:39 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not sure where it came from
[Sun Aug 19 02:15:56 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's definitely not of human origin though
[Sun Aug 19 02:16:31 2007] : (109) DM: A prominent ruby, about half the size of Thom's thumb, is ensconced in the hilt.
[Sun Aug 19 02:16:35 2007] : (91) Thom: "So likely coming from Nith'Tar Valon. Since we are headed that way, maybe we should try to return the remaining messages, so that those who sent them knows they will not be recieved."
[Sun Aug 19 02:17:03 2007] : (106) Lunauc: (whispering): detect magic on the blade while I'm at it.
[Sun Aug 19 02:17:25 2007] : (109) DM: A scrap of parchment can be seen underneath the half-elf's body.
[Sun Aug 19 02:17:32 2007] : ** (91) Thom carries the dagger for now, but seeing Morti trying to look at it, he offers it to the magus for study. "Careful, there is no sheath and that hooked blade appear quite dangerous." **
[Sun Aug 19 02:17:32 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Aug 19 02:17:38 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a lingering, dormant enchantment
[Sun Aug 19 02:17:46 2007] : ** (91) Thom pulls out the parchment and looks it over. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:17:58 2007] : (106) Lunauc: (whispering): as in the school of enchantment?
[Sun Aug 19 02:18:04 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): necromancy
[Sun Aug 19 02:18:16 2007] : ** (87) Cael looks at Thom, "What is it?" **
[Sun Aug 19 02:18:22 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a lingering, dormant magicka
[Sun Aug 19 02:18:29 2007] : (106) Morti: :nods to thom: "Dnagerous magic in that blade... necromancy."
[Sun Aug 19 02:18:31 2007] : (91) Thom: (( not sure yet... :-P ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:18:34 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it appears to be a letter
[Sun Aug 19 02:18:50 2007] : (87) Cael: (( Just wanted to say it before I forget. ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:18:57 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): really? I was hoping for a recipe for unleaven bread...
[Sun Aug 19 02:19:14 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): well, Thom reads it anyway. :-)
[Sun Aug 19 02:19:37 2007] : (91) Thom: "Cael, think this blade might have killed the messenger?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:20:09 2007] : ** (87) Cael looks at Morti at the mention of necromancy. "Do you know the purpose of the blade?" **
[Sun Aug 19 02:20:13 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): I study the body to determine what killed the man
[Sun Aug 19 02:20:15 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): Since I am assuming that it is not sealed or anything. If so - I don't break the seal.
[Sun Aug 19 02:20:28 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Would I know if it was the dagger that was used in the stabbings?
[Sun Aug 19 02:20:38 2007] : (106) Morti: "Uh.. killing folks.. most likely." :raises a brow to the elf:
[Sun Aug 19 02:21:14 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Well Rhian atleast we know why there was a large flock of ravens around here."
[Sun Aug 19 02:21:51 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's addressed to Cael.
[Sun Aug 19 02:22:02 2007] : (87) Cael: "My apologies Morti, the magic in the blade, do you know what it is?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:22:13 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): by the way, I'm using you for this next adventure
[Sun Aug 19 02:22:15 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): As soon as I see that... Hmm, temptation....
[Sun Aug 19 02:22:16 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Aug 19 02:22:23 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): Nah, I stop reading.
[Sun Aug 19 02:22:27 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Oh yay, already... this should be fun.
[Sun Aug 19 02:22:37 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Valkoris is a childhood friend of yours who resides in Ruairi.
[Sun Aug 19 02:22:44 2007] : (106) Morti: :shakes head: "Not specifically, no."
[Sun Aug 19 02:23:03 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Got it, I'll make a note. What exactly do I know of Valkoris?
[Sun Aug 19 02:23:19 2007] : ** (91) Thom stops looking at the paper shortly after picking it up. "I think you might want to see this." he says to Cael, handing the parchment to him. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:23:23 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): He was always curious of the wider world outside and left the safety of the forest at a relatively young age and decided to make his way on his own.
[Sun Aug 19 02:23:40 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Last you heard, he took up a trade and settled down among...humans.
[Sun Aug 19 02:24:05 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): He's unusual for an elf in that regard. (understatement)
[Sun Aug 19 02:24:19 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Yeah, I assumed as much.
[Sun Aug 19 02:24:25 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heheh ok
[Sun Aug 19 02:24:43 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he was stabbed to death
[Sun Aug 19 02:24:49 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): or perhaps he was whipped to death?
[Sun Aug 19 02:24:56 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and the stab wounds an afterthought
[Sun Aug 19 02:25:01 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not sure
[Sun Aug 19 02:25:24 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Okay, what's the parchment say?
[Sun Aug 19 02:25:39 2007] : (91) Thom: Thom holds his hand out to Morti for the dagger. "Well, let's not use it then, who knows what effects it might have. I think I can find a place to keep it for now."
[Sun Aug 19 02:25:43 2007] : ** (87) Cael cocks an eyebrow at Thom as he takes the parchment. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:25:48 2007] : ** (91) Thom holds his hand out to Morti for the dagger. "Well, let's not use it then, who knows what effects it might have. I think I can find a place to keep it for now." **
[Sun Aug 19 02:26:07 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): see the node
[Sun Aug 19 02:26:26 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Yeah... fun
[Sun Aug 19 02:26:30 2007] : ** (106) Morti hands the dagger over, gladly **
[Sun Aug 19 02:26:45 2007] : ** (86) Daelan takes the corpse off the road,moving it to a nicer place,hopefully to an area where there is a tree or two,then begins to place rocks over the body. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:26:52 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh?
[Sun Aug 19 02:27:02 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well I promise not to let anything happen. heh.
[Sun Aug 19 02:27:04 2007] : ** (91) Thom helps Daelan as the others deal with the papers. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:27:30 2007] : (106) Morti: "So.. what is the paperwork about?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:27:30 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "I can make nothing of this. Drenla?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:27:55 2007] : (109) Drenla: "That dagger contains a great deal of magicka."
[Sun Aug 19 02:28:07 2007] : (109) Drenla: "But more than that, I cannot say."
[Sun Aug 19 02:28:18 2007] : (86) Daelan: " He may not have been a pure Quessir,but he still deserves to be buried proper. I thank you for you help Thom."
[Sun Aug 19 02:28:27 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): and whenever I can get a count on the silvers, I'll add it to the party treasure list I have. Might pay for a round of drinks or something. :-)
[Sun Aug 19 02:28:48 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "He appears to have been a messenger, from what I can see. Most of these are letters and notes of minor import."
[Sun Aug 19 02:28:56 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Okay, quick translation. Would I know what "The soul of a great lady sleeps amid nightmares." would mean?
[Sun Aug 19 02:29:03 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 15 silver marks
[Sun Aug 19 02:29:14 2007] : (91) Thom: "Of course. You are correct, leaving his body out there would not suffice. I only wish I knew his name."
[Sun Aug 19 02:30:15 2007] : ** (87) Cael reads over the letter. The look on his face shifts from one of confusion to seriousness. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:30:24 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): You've heard something about Ruairi being the place where a paladin of Bralvanyr was interred.
[Sun Aug 19 02:30:39 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): She was quite legendary.
[Sun Aug 19 02:30:52 2007] : (106) Morti: "Do you know who the papers are addressed from? If so, you could ask his employer who he was."
[Sun Aug 19 02:32:02 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Shaunnra Silverhand, Favored of Bralvanyr, who once slew four score orckin singlehandedly and saved many towns and villages in this region.
[Sun Aug 19 02:34:05 2007] : (87) Cael: "He was carrying a letter to me from one of my family."
[Sun Aug 19 02:34:27 2007] : ** (91) Thom finishes helping Daelan and he says a quick generic prayer for the hal-elf before returning to the others. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:34:52 2007] : (91) Thom: "At least one message found it's way then."
[Sun Aug 19 02:35:14 2007] : (106) Morti: :blinks to Cale: "Is it ... serious..?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:36:07 2007] : (87) Cael: "Apparently there is some sort of trouble in Ruari, I've been asked to help in the solution."
[Sun Aug 19 02:37:19 2007] : (87) Cael: "I will have to talk with Valkoris before I know mroe details."
[Sun Aug 19 02:37:22 2007] : (106) Morti: "W-what kind of trouble?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:37:25 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Well it is on our way."
[Sun Aug 19 02:38:14 2007] : (91) Thom: "Won't your family be surprised by the speed with which you arrive then?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:38:53 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks to Rhian. "How far to Ruari?" **
[Sun Aug 19 02:39:23 2007] : ** (86) Daelan begins to head South,following the days old tracks. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:39:35 2007] : (87) Cael: "From the sounds of things, the faster my arrival, the better."
[Sun Aug 19 02:40:09 2007] : ** (109) Rhian Sedai peers into the sky and thinks a moment. "About half a day or so, if we walk through the night. If not, we should arrive sometime tomorrow in the early afternoon." **
[Sun Aug 19 02:40:28 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "That is, if we can avoid the storm."
[Sun Aug 19 02:40:38 2007] : (109) DM: Oddly enough, the sky is clear.
[Sun Aug 19 02:40:52 2007] : (91) Thom: "Then let's get going. I'm up for an evening stroll. Morti, you still got that light of yours, right?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:41:23 2007] : ** (91) Thom looks up to the sky and then to Rhian, "Storm?" **
[Sun Aug 19 02:41:24 2007] : ** (106) Morti nods **
[Sun Aug 19 02:41:26 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): I have already taken off following the tracks,and I do commit them to memory too.
[Sun Aug 19 02:41:40 2007] : (86) Daelan: (whispering): can I tell if they are human or elven tracks?
[Sun Aug 19 02:41:41 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "Can't you feel it? There's a storm brewing."
[Sun Aug 19 02:42:01 2007] : ** (87) Cael begins down the path after Daelan, his entire demeanor seems different than before. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:42:14 2007] : ** (109) Rhian Sedai pulls her cloak across her shoulders. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:42:32 2007] : (105) Atross: "Well a family reunion could come under better circumstances, but still, it could also be worse."
[Sun Aug 19 02:42:34 2007] : ** (91) Thom reaches his hand out to the air around him. "Nope, but then again I can't do a fraction of a fraction of what you can do. So let's get moving." **
[Sun Aug 19 02:42:35 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): human
[Sun Aug 19 02:42:39 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Aug 19 02:43:13 2007] : ** (91) Thom makes sure everyone gets moving along and takes the rear guard position. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:43:25 2007] : ** (86) Daelan begins to quicken his pace **
[Sun Aug 19 02:43:55 2007] : (91) Thom: (( and Daelan and Cael leave everyone else behind... :-P ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:44:28 2007] : (87) Cael: (( Eh, you'll catch up... eventually. ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:44:44 2007] : ** (105) Atross does indeed get moving along. **
[Sun Aug 19 02:44:56 2007] : (91) Thom: (( as the killer disembowls you two... ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:47:06 2007] : (87) Cael: "While I don't know you all too well, and you have no reason to help me, I am not sure if I alone will be enough to help with whatever it is my cousin summons me for..."
[Sun Aug 19 02:47:24 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): going to alter things
[Sun Aug 19 02:47:35 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Zarenna is unable to open a Gateway to the Tower
[Sun Aug 19 02:47:51 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in fact, she's unable to open a Gateway at all
[Sun Aug 19 02:47:53 2007] : (87) Cael: "Any assitance you are able to give would be appreciated, and I would be indebted to you."
[Sun Aug 19 02:48:12 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she only was able to through the use of a ter'angreal that conveniently enough, does not work anymore
[Sun Aug 19 02:48:41 2007] : (87) Cael: (( assistance* ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:48:45 2007] : (91) Thom: (( ok - So Daelan, Cael, Donovan, then Morti/Rhian/Drenla, and followed by Thom. That order good? And I am leaving responding to Cael to one closer to him, unless he is yelling - which I doubt. ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:48:53 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and now that she's renounced her "fate" with the Black Ajah, she's not sure if it was she who caused it work or if someone or something else made it
[Sun Aug 19 02:49:32 2007] : (105) Atross: "Of course we'll help. Right, Daelan?"
[Sun Aug 19 02:49:40 2007] : (87) Cael: (( Sounds good to me, and I didn't yell it by any means, but it wasn't the usual, calm voice he has been using. ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:49:53 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so I think we'll have you two reunite with the PCs as they enter Ruairi
[Sun Aug 19 02:50:01 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): ((We are 3 days out from the White Tower and her test is in two days right?))
[Sun Aug 19 02:50:10 2007] : (105) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Naturally, asking someone pretty much guaranteed to agree doesn't really seem fair huh? Tough =P
[Sun Aug 19 02:50:10 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): ((Ok sounds good with me))
[Sun Aug 19 02:50:12 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 3 days on horseback
[Sun Aug 19 02:50:18 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): more on foot of course
[Sun Aug 19 02:50:49 2007] : (86) Daelan: " He is Calen so I will help,and he will not be indebted either."
[Sun Aug 19 02:51:26 2007] : (87) Cael: "I have a feeling Daelan, than after you meet my cousin, you may feel that I am indebted to you."
[Sun Aug 19 02:52:41 2007] : (105) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Technically it's your cousin asking, so let him be the one indebted.
[Sun Aug 19 02:52:49 2007] : (86) Daelan: " I hold none against thier will nor as a slave,we Calen need to stand together."
[Sun Aug 19 02:53:36 2007] : (86) Daelan: " In case you are wondering it was a Human that killed the messenger Cael."
[Sun Aug 19 02:54:34 2007] : (91) Thom: (( you know what - Thom is not buying any more horses out of party treasure. We keep leaving them behind! ))
[Sun Aug 19 02:54:41 2007] : (87) Cael: "I care not who it was, only the reason for which they did it."
[Sun Aug 19 02:56:53 2007] : (109) Rhian Sedai: "We should arrive early in the morning then, if we walk through the night."
[Sun Aug 19 02:57:23 2007] : (87) Cael: "Perhaps it would be best if I went on ahead, I could arrive there earlier and meet you outside the city with more information."
[Sun Aug 19 02:57:53 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Would I know where Valkoris lives, or would I have to get directions?
[Sun Aug 19 02:58:00 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): directions
[Sun Aug 19 02:58:17 2007] : (87) Cael: (whispering): Thought so, that's cool.
[Sun Aug 19 02:58:25 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): oh - as rear guard, I guess I should keep my eyes and ears open. Spot and listen checks.
[Sun Aug 19 02:59:18 2007] : (86) Daelan: " Perhaps the reason the messenger was killed was to keep the note from you Cael."
[Sun Aug 19 02:59:47 2007] : (86) Daelan: " But if you are so inclined to go off on your own,I can not stop you."
[Sun Aug 19 03:00:40 2007] : (91) Thom: (( too bad Thom's at the back, he'd love that comment from Daelan... oh well, missed opportunites and all. ))
[Sun Aug 19 03:01:27 2007] : (105) Atross: "If you go ahead, be careful. For whatever the reason, that killer could still be in Ruairi."
[Sun Aug 19 03:02:56 2007] : (109) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nothing happens during the night...
[Sun Aug 19 03:03:16 2007] : (109) DM: ((going to stop soon fyi))
[Sun Aug 19 03:03:27 2007] : (87) Cael: "While that may be true, if the killer's intent was to keep the letter from me, than as far as he knows, he has succeeded, and wouldn't expect me to arrive in Ruari now, especilly as early as I would."
[Sun Aug 19 03:03:29 2007] : (91) Zane: (whispering): or at least it seems like nothing happens... :-)
[Sun Aug 19 03:04:11 2007] : (86) Daelan: " As you wish Cael,safe travels until we meet once more."
[Sun Aug 19 03:04:41 2007] : (87) Cael: "I will meet you on the path in the morning, safe travels to you also."
[Sun Aug 19 03:05:06 2007] : ** (87) Cael takes the form of an Eagle and flies off towards Ruari. **
[Sun Aug 19 03:05:26 2007] : (87) Cael: (( And eagle has a fly speed of 80, just to give you a point of reference. ))
[Sun Aug 19 03:06:23 2007] : ** (86) Daelan slows his pace as Cael takes off,to let the others catch up to him. **
[Sun Aug 19 03:07:13 2007] : ** (91) Thom sees an eagle that seems to leap from the group ahead of him and fly south. After just a moment, he puts it together. "That is a neat trick." **
[Sun Aug 19 03:09:26 2007] : (86) Daelan: " He must be on with nature to do that."
[Sun Aug 19 03:09:30 2007] : (86) Daelan: *one
[Sun Aug 19 03:09:36 2007] : (91) Thom: (( good place to stop? I'm actually fading myself as well... ))
[Sun Aug 19 03:10:00 2007] : (109) DM: (probably)
[Sun Aug 19 03:10:14 2007] : (109) DM: next session, I'll have Sevis reunite with the group
[Sun Aug 19 03:10:21 2007] : (87) Cael: (( I was thinking that same thing, if it works for everyone else... even if it leaves me with a nasty cliffhanger... oh well, it means that I'll be here next week. ))
[Sun Aug 19 03:10:22 2007] : (109) DM: thanks for waiting tonight guys
[Sun Aug 19 03:10:27 2007] : (86) Daelan: cool]
[Sun Aug 19 03:10:29 2007] : (91) Zane: do we have to? I mean... yay!
[Sun Aug 19 03:10:43 2007] : (87) Cael: no problem.
[Sun Aug 19 03:10:56 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: hehe
[Sun Aug 19 03:11:07 2007] : (109) DM: hhehe
[Sun Aug 19 03:11:22 2007] : (109) DM: next session will be when you enter town the next morning
[Sun Aug 19 03:11:36 2007] : (109) DM: um
[Sun Aug 19 03:11:45 2007] : (91) Zane: yeah, you just missed our in depth conversation of how Marxism, socialism, and capitalism are all integrated in every Disney movie since 1975.
[Sun Aug 19 03:11:48 2007] : (109) DM: Sevis and Zarenna Sedai are in town ahead of you
[Sun Aug 19 03:11:55 2007] : (109) DM: he's spent the day "comforting" her
[Sun Aug 19 03:11:56 2007] : (109) DM: heh
[Sun Aug 19 03:12:04 2007] : (87) Cael: lol
[Sun Aug 19 03:12:14 2007] : (91) Zane: Go Sevis, go Sevis - you big tough man you. :-)
[Sun Aug 19 03:12:50 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: Sevis has taken a vow of celibacy =P
[Sun Aug 19 03:13:14 2007] : (91) Zane: I have one question - how did Tekite (or whatever her name is) get to town? Did she show herself to get teleported? I doubt that wuld have helped poor Zarenna's nerves...
[Sun Aug 19 03:13:20 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: Remember is is a 1400's French Monk
[Sun Aug 19 03:13:35 2007] : (91) Zane: Poor fool. Thom can finish comforting her then. :-)
[Sun Aug 19 03:13:37 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: We didnt teleport
[Sun Aug 19 03:14:05 2007] : (91) Zane: Teleport, use Aes Sedai magic, whatever you call it.
[Sun Aug 19 03:14:09 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: And Tektite went with the group
[Sun Aug 19 03:14:24 2007] : (91) Zane: Ahh, that works. :-)
[Sun Aug 19 03:14:27 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: Didnt do that either, we ran
[Sun Aug 19 03:14:41 2007] : (118) Daelan (enter): 03:14
[Sun Aug 19 03:14:44 2007] : (91) Zane: Impressive. Quick on her feet, isn't she?
[Sun Aug 19 03:15:00 2007] : (91) Zane: Anyway - bed calling. Til next week.
[Sun Aug 19 03:15:02 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: Sevis might have carried her from time to time =P
[Sun Aug 19 03:15:14 2007] : (91) Zane: lol. That sounds right.
[Sun Aug 19 03:15:29 2007] : (87) Cael: Yeah, I've got the move back to school tomorrow, so I'll catch you all later.
[Sun Aug 19 03:15:45 2007] : (91) Zane (exit): 03:15
[Sun Aug 19 03:15:56 2007] : (87) Cael: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Aug 19 03:15:57 2007] : (87) Cael (exit): 03:15
[Sun Aug 19 03:16:07 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: See yall next week
[Sun Aug 19 03:16:59 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Aug 19 03:16:59 2007] : (85) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 03:16
[Sun Aug 19 03:17:03 2007] : (106) Morti: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Aug 19 03:17:03 2007] : (106) Lunauc (exit): 03:17
[Sun Aug 19 03:17:09 2007] : (118) Daelan (exit): 03:17
[Sun Aug 19 03:21:58 2007] : (105) Atross: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Aug 19 03:21:58 2007] : (105) Donovan (exit): 03:21
[Sun Aug 19 03:22:39 2007] : (109) DM: later folks
[Sun Aug 19 03:22:44 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Aug 19 03:22:45 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms