Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Jul 28 21:58:13 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (172) DM: He's definitely not hurrying along

Sat Jul 28 21:58:13 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (172) DM: He's definitely not hurrying along. However, he does see you and waves.
** (170) Thom lowers Ringrist as the man waves. He leaves the balde unsheathed, but holds it down in a more relaxed position. **
** (176) Daelan brings his horse to a sliding halt. **
** (170) Thom slows slightly and brings his horse to a stop as well a little after Daelan does. **
(172) DM: He freezes into place for a moment.
(172) DM: Moments later, Daelan fires an arrow as a warning shot at the rider.
(172) DM: The rider for his part bolts.
** (176) Daelan slides off his horse just as it begins to come to a halt,he tumbles quickly,coming to a crouch,he quickly fires at the rider. **
(170) Thom: (( what did the horse look like, since we finally got close enough. ))
** (176) Daelan brings his bow up,aiming at the back of the person riding off,intending on wounding him only as he sights in on the shoulder area of the man. **
(170) Thom: "What are you doing?!?" Thom moves his horse in front of Daelan, blocking his shot.
(167) Atross: "I was hoping to avoid this."
(167) Atross: "Does he look like a dark armored sword and stick weilding madman?"
(172) DM: ((it's a big black stallion, as Alberin described it))
(176) Daelan: " I was not going to kill him,merely wound him,he is after all dressed as the one who has laid waste to atleast one farm that we know of and perhaps one other as well."
(172) DM: ((however, you don't see details such as what he's wearing apart from the red cloak))
(172) DM: ((you weren't THAT close))
(170) Thom: "Yes - but he also waved to us, and we likely could have gotten some answers."
(170) Thom: "Shooting first is not always the best answer, even if you weren't aiming to kill."
(176) Daelan: " That is why I did not kill him when I had him in my sights."
** (172) The rider kicks at his steed and breaks into a run. **
** (170) Thom turns his horse around and moves away, heading away from the direction that the rider went. "You talk to him Atross. Anything I say seems to just get ignored." **
(176) Daelan: " Well now what do think we should do,he is not going to be friendly when we meet up with him next time."
** (170) Thom spins back to Daelan. "You're right - becase YOU shot at him." **
(167) Atross: "There isn't time to argue, you know."
** (167) Atross urges his horse to try to keep up with him. **
(176) Daelan: " If you would have let me wound him,we would not even have to chase him."
** (167) Atross thus leaves Thom and Daelan to talk it over. **
(170) Thom: "And if that wasn't Slayer? You would intentionally injure an innoncent person?"
(176) Daelan: " I would have healed him."
** (176) Daelan slings his bow as he jumps back onto his horse. **
(170) Thom: "That doesn't make it right."
(176) Daelan: " Easier to heal a wound than to raise the dead."
(168) Morti: "Um.. when we get close.. I could just scan him for Magicks reminiscnet of the fireball wand the boy described."
(167) Atross: "Hail, sir! We're tracking down a murderer, and my enthusiastic friend believes he has traveled this way! Would you stop so we can talk? You may be fleeing into danger!"
** (172) The rider slows hesitantly and turns, though he looks as if he might run at any moment. **
(170) Thom: "And even easier to talk first. You keep up like this, and no one will have any kind words to say about any _elf_, much less a green elf."
(172) DM: He seems quite familiar, and is garbed mostly in black and silver clothing, though he wears a bright red cloak.
(172) DM: A silver pendant hangs around his neck, capped by a gleaming skull.
(170) Thom: "Why don't you hang back for a moment Daelan. You can likely still shoot him from here." Thom sheathes Ringrist and he slowly makes his way toward the rider.
(168) Morti: :as Morti catches up, he does as he said, scanning the man for magicks *detect magic*
(172) The rider: "A murderer?"
whispering to Lunauc, there are items on his person that are magical. but he's not a wizard.
(170) Thom: "Yes. Again, we appologize for the elf - he doesn't always think before he acts." Thom calls out to the rider as he approaches.
(172) The rider: "My faith in the god will keep me safe from harm. And if it would be my turn, well...for me, the end is nigh at least."
** (176) Daelan rides up after Thom," I am Quessir,not an elf you Edan." as he speaks to Thom. **
** (168) Morti cocks his head curiously **
(167) Atross: "I'm Atross. You know why I'm out here. How about yourself?"
** (170) Thom glances back. "As long as you act that rash, you are an elf to me. Deal with it." Thom turns his attention back to the rider. **
** (176) Daelan speaks to the rider," You seem familiar Human,what are you called?" **
(168) Morti: :whispers Dael: "I was expecting to find a trace of evocation on him, to represent the fire stick the boy mentioned.. But, it's not there."
(172) The rider: "I? I am merely a humble worshipper of Arawn, the god of death and the dead. I scour the countryside to find those who may have need...of assistance, or to be witness to acts of glory in Arawn's name."
(176) Daelan: " If he is not the killer,why was he at the Moynaran farm?"
(172) The rider: "My name is Steinmeyer and I serve Arawn, who reigns over all mortals on this world of Andurin."
(172) DM: You've encountered him before, though he does not seem to have recognized you.
(168) Morti: "I didn't say he wasn't the killer. Just that he doesn't have what I thought he would."
(176) Daelan: " And for those who need your assisstance,what aide to you offer them?''
** (170) Thom studies the rider, and keeps a close eye on Daelan as well. **
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "I may speed them to their end, or not as the case may be. I am not without mercy." (shrugs)
(176) Daelan: " And how is it that you speed them on their way?" " Is it with the use of fire?"
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "As a servant of Arawn, I am called to bear witness to acts in his name. I am also called to fight against that which is anathema to his will, such as undead."
(190) Adminious (exit):
03:04
** (167) Atross whispers to the others, "In other words, he may follow the Slayer to witness the "glory" of the deaths he causes. He may not be happy to help us stop the Slayer." **
(172) DM: ((you've encountered Steinmeyer before. I just can't remember if it's this game or the Fri game. gotta check.))
(172) DM: ((we can stop soon if you like))
(170) Thom: "So, in your recent travels out here, have you seen anyone else traveling alone?"
(172) DM: "Nys. Not to my knowledge. It is quite hot, for summer."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Nys. Not to my knowledge. It is quite hot, for summer."
(168) Morti: (is the man visibly disturbed by the heat? Sweat, weariness, etc?)
(170) Thom: "Aye, that it is." Thom looks closer to see if Steinmeyer is apparently feeling the effects of the heat or not.
(167) Atross: "Have you visited any of the farmsteads out here recently?"
(176) Daelan: " If you were to speed someone along,how is it you would do it?"
** (172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn dabs at sweat on his brow. **
(168) Morti: "
(168) Morti: "Hmmmm..."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Well, the last place I had the pleasure of visiting as a small trade-way on the main road. Kaldarek I think it was. And as I am on my way to the Plains of Despair, no unfortunately I have not been elsewhere."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Hire a fast horse?"
** (170) Thom chuckles. "I am sure these endless questions are annoying, but if you would bear with us just a little longer. Where did you get yor horse, it is a magnificent beast." **
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Ah.
Mors and I have been together for many years." (pats his stallion gently) "He came to me when I was but an acolyte."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "And why are you here?"
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "And who is this slayer?"
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "And why these questions? Surely you think I am not he?"
(176) Daelan: " He is a person we tracked from the Fairwell Farm,he killed all but one there with fire."
(176) Daelan: " And recently he struck at the Moynaran Farm,just West of here."
(170) Thom: "We were simply passing through the area, and came across a local boy whose parents were slain before him. The murder called himself Slayer, so we are trying to find him. Apparently, he rides a similiar horse, and there are very few individuals out here."
(170) Thom: "Thus, Daelan here got a little excited upon seeing you, alone, and a large black stallion, and assumed the worst."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Hmph. Well as you can see, I am not this 'Slayer'."
(167) Atross: "We picked up a trail not far from the burned down farm west of here. That's what lead us to you. Did you see the state of that place? Naturally, we presume that Slayer was there."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "I do not kill in cold blood. What I do, I do for the glory of the god, to bring justice to the world and an end for those past their end."
(167) Atross: "However, aside from the horse, you've got nothing in common."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "I haven't been."
(167) Atross: "There's one other thing I should ask about then. Have you dropped some coins?"
** (172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn turns to Daelan. "A green elf. I have not seen one of your kind in some time. I had thought your kind had gone from this world." **
(176) Daelan: " No we still remain,though we tend to stay with our own kind."
(168) Morti: (brb)
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "A servant of Arawn such as I is provided for by his servants, ravens and beasts of the field. I have no need of coin." (shrugs)
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "You are far from your home." (flatly)
(176) Daelan: " Not really at one time all this was my home."
(170) Thom: "Then accept our appologies for the rash actions that were taken. Please keep yur eyes open for this lone rider though, and may Arwan keep you safe."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Yes, it was. But things change, as is the way of the world."
** (172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn nods. "I would hear more of this 'Slayer'." **
(176) Daelan: " Change is not always for the best."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "If you would have me travel with you for a time, that is."
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "But change is a part of this world, even as birth leads to death and to birth again."
(170) Thom: "Unfortunately, what we have said is all that we know at this time. Your aid would be welcome, as this Slayer is bringing death before it should come to these farmers."
** (170) Thom looks to the others, "I believe Steinmeyer, and think he would be an aid to us. What say everyone else?" **
(176) Daelan: " Do you know of anyone who uses fire to kill those who stand against him?"
** (168) Morti glances between Thom and the strange man of Death.. very unsure **
(172) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Well...now that you say that, I know of a few people."

[Sat Jul 28 21:58:28 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): ok, let's go
[Sat Jul 28 21:59:24 2007] : (125) Thom: "You do?" he asks the cleric, "who, and where would they most likely be headed?"
[Sat Jul 28 21:59:53 2007] : (125) Thom: (GW): testing colors
[Sat Jul 28 22:00:00 2007] : (125) Thom: (GW): testing colors
[Sat Jul 28 22:00:05 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): testing colors
[Sat Jul 28 22:00:12 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): testing colors
[Sat Jul 28 22:00:22 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): testing colors
[Sat Jul 28 22:00:37 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Wizards and those who worship the Red God of the North as the Thendrans are wont to do." (sniffs)
[Sat Jul 28 22:01:00 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): yeah, think I'll do the blue, should be different enough from Donovan as well.
[Sat Jul 28 22:01:03 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Using fire to kill people is a bit vague. Can you be more specific?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:01:20 2007] : (133) Daelan: " Have you seen any of those near Moynaran?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:02:01 2007] : (133) Daelan: " Well from what we have been told,he dresses much as you do,rides a black horse,is armed with a large sword and a wand of fire."
[Sat Jul 28 22:02:06 2007] : (128) Cael: Think I could get pushed back down to lurker, I wouldn't want to accidently interrupt.
[Sat Jul 28 22:02:40 2007] : ** (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn smirks. "Unless you mean village Wisdoms, no, no wizards worth their wands in this part of the world. The mage-dukes who govern this land would never hear of an unguilded mage-worker." **
[Sat Jul 28 22:03:29 2007] : (129) Morti: "He may not be a mage." :points out: "He may simply know how t activate the wand."
[Sat Jul 28 22:03:29 2007] : ** (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn strokes his chin. "Very interesting. A knight who uses a wand of firebolts." **
[Sat Jul 28 22:04:05 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "There IS a possible explanation of course, but it might be far fetched."
[Sat Jul 28 22:04:31 2007] : (125) Thom: "Aye, and one reason why we are so keen on finding him."
[Sat Jul 28 22:04:43 2007] : (125) Thom: "And that would be what?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:05:05 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "In my time, I have heard of items enchanted with a curse of possession. A malevolent spirit could have taken hold of this knight and even now bends him to its spiteful will."
[Sat Jul 28 22:06:00 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "I could be wrong of course, but it does go a long way to explaining how something like this might have occurred."
[Sat Jul 28 22:06:15 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of LURKER to (128) Cael...
[Sat Jul 28 22:06:29 2007] : ** (133) Daelan mutters to himself about not so far fetched as a Quessir riding with a bunch of Humans. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:06:49 2007] : (129) Morti: :raises a cloth brow at the idea: "Possibly.. but kind of ridiculously convenient, no?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:06:51 2007] : (125) Thom: "Hmm, so removing the wand from the man's possession would free him of this then?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:08:20 2007] : (133) Daelan: " I have heard of cursed things before,merely removing them does not remove the curse Thom."
[Sat Jul 28 22:08:30 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "I'd not know about such things. Though I serve Arawn in all his mighty glory -- for all mortals die as is the way of the world -- I prefer not to delve into matters best left untouched." (looks around) "Life is but a short passage for some. Pity."
[Sat Jul 28 22:09:11 2007] : ** (133) Daelan smiles **
[Sat Jul 28 22:09:19 2007] : (129) Morti: "Hmm.." :takes a moment to think over what he knows of cursed items and their removal.:
[Sat Jul 28 22:09:24 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Should you go much farther east, you will enter the Plains of Despair. Perhaps your mysterious knight went there."
[Sat Jul 28 22:09:26 2007] : (129) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [2,18] = (20)
[Sat Jul 28 22:09:39 2007] : (125) Thom: "Well, it would have been an easy way of possibly dealing with it, oh well."
[Sat Jul 28 22:10:06 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, not much apparently
[Sat Jul 28 22:10:44 2007] : (133) Daelan: " Well the trail has been heading East,since the attack on the Fairwell Farm,but what I can not understand is how I lost his trail."
[Sat Jul 28 22:12:00 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Because he is better at hiding it then you are at finding it?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:12:45 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Or he had magical help them allowed him to skip ahead, thus leaving a blank area in the trail."
[Sat Jul 28 22:13:25 2007] : (125) Thom: "Well, east sounds like the best direction no matter what, so let's go."
[Sat Jul 28 22:13:27 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "'Tis quite possible. If your knight has been possessed by a spirit, then he will soon find himself in similar company. Many years ago, lo, there was a great battle between a cleric of the Morrigan and his minions on one side, and warriors led by a powerful and great mage of the Dagdha on the other. The battle was fierce and unyielding and many thousands were slain. The once fertile plain is now blasted and barren, and some believe it to be cursed."
[Sat Jul 28 22:13:31 2007] : (133) Daelan: " Perhaps the wand does more than burn things>
[Sat Jul 28 22:15:03 2007] : (124) DM: The cleric rubs his hands with undisguised glee and chuckles.
[Sat Jul 28 22:15:21 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "You're heading that way? Ah well, then, at least for you, the end is nigh."
[Sat Jul 28 22:15:50 2007] : (133) Daelan: " I thought you wanted to ride with us Human."
[Sat Jul 28 22:17:05 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "I will ride with you, ays, but only so far. You see, a great barrow mound is in the center of the Plain, and is the home of an awful undead presence. Many adventurers, much like yourselves, have tried to root it out but none have returned. Perhaps your knight went there. Perhaps not."
[Sat Jul 28 22:17:08 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( is Rhian with us? Since the last thing I remember is entering the Sla-Mori. Hate missing sessions ))
[Sat Jul 28 22:17:24 2007] : (124) DM: ((no, not now))
[Sat Jul 28 22:17:39 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( ok ))
[Sat Jul 28 22:17:45 2007] : (124) DM: ((when you entered the sla-mori, she and Drenla went...elsewhere.))
[Sat Jul 28 22:19:10 2007] : ** (125) Thom raises up Ringrist, wiping off the blade bewfore smiling at the priest. "Undead you say, sounds like fun." **
[Sat Jul 28 22:19:32 2007] : (124) DM: The sword glows with a cold silver radiance.
[Sat Jul 28 22:20:42 2007] : ** (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn glances at the sword and his eyes grow wide, but then returns to a placid appearance. His look of incredulity is gone as swiftly as it came. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:20:43 2007] : ** (125) Thom gives Ringrist a final glance, wondering about the new color, but then sheathes the blade. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:21:53 2007] : ** (133) Daelan knees his hores into an easy trot as he rides East,his eyes scanning the hard packed ground for any signs of the horse he has been tracking. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:22:59 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "You fear that sword?" ** asks Steinmeyer **
[Sat Jul 28 22:23:05 2007] : ** (125) Thom follows. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:23:29 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Sense Motive [1d20+15 ] => [17,15] = (32)
[Sat Jul 28 22:23:32 2007] : (124) DM: As you ride eastwards, your steeds become increasingly skittish and restless.
[Sat Jul 28 22:24:05 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Nys fear. It is a blade with a long and varied history. How came your friend by it?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:24:17 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "If that is the blade I am thinking of."
[Sat Jul 28 22:24:30 2007] : ** (129) Morti lookd unsurely to the strange death priest, before following after Dael **
[Sat Jul 28 22:24:37 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): truth
[Sat Jul 28 22:24:41 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Ahh, It does have some history."
[Sat Jul 28 22:24:57 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens scratches his chin as he tries to recall the stories about it **
[Sat Jul 28 22:25:15 2007] : (125) Zane: Not fair - someone might say something about this blade and give us some info, and we won't remember it?!?
[Sat Jul 28 22:25:28 2007] : (125) Zane: *pouts. ;-)
[Sat Jul 28 22:25:34 2007] : ** (133) Daelan pats his horses neck to ease the horses nerviousness. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:25:52 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Lets see, I seem to remember a poem about it." ** coughs before he begins reciting the poem **
[Sat Jul 28 22:26:02 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Forged of fire in ways of Light,
Where Dark shall never come,
The One that cuts to deepest core,
The evil is undone.

From rivers fast came quenching thirst
To hiss and spit and boil,
In deepest fires the En'nil smiths
Worked in endless toil.

Ringrist was forged that eve of death
To rally and to fight,
That which had gone, has come again,
A Dark and evil might.

A blade so bright and filled with Light,
And forged of living rock,
A blade that glows where coldness flows,
To fight and never stop

[Sat Jul 28 22:26:46 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "More then that you would have to ask Thom since he wields it"
[Sat Jul 28 22:27:08 2007] : ** (125) Thom turns back upon hearing Sevis reciting the poem. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:27:17 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "That is but a fraction of the sword's history."
[Sat Jul 28 22:27:58 2007] : (129) Morti: :asks nervously of Steinmeyer: "Y-you know more?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:28:06 2007] : (125) Thom: "Ringrist, great story, huh? You know more about the blade? What can you tell us?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:29:58 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "The sword was made by dwarven smiths in a hallowed temple dedicated to Natan-Ahb and blessed by priests of Solnor and Aranris el-Macil. It was fuelled by the light of Elbarias which was channelled deep underground by the power of the Chalice of the Ara-Cemnari. The place where it was forged is sacred and is spoken little of by dwarven loremasters and learned ones steeped in lore."
[Sat Jul 28 22:30:04 2007] : (133) Daelan: any trace of the hoofprints that I have been following off and on?
[Sat Jul 28 22:30:59 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "The blade was made to cut deep into the core of evil and darkness and to undo the magicka that created the evil things it is used against. In the hands of a wielder sworn to the Light, the sword gains strength even as its master gains in power."
[Sat Jul 28 22:31:40 2007] : (129) Morti: "Wow.."
[Sat Jul 28 22:31:59 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "It is a blade that was made when Andurin was young and has been lost for many an Age. That it is in your hands is wondrous to behold. And believe."
[Sat Jul 28 22:32:21 2007] : ** (125) Thom brushes Rinrist's hilt with his hand. "And to think, at first it was only a tool against that werewolf." **
[Sat Jul 28 22:32:52 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Shortly after the sword Ringrist was forged, the mortal races were disunified and have not known harmony as it existed since."
[Sat Jul 28 22:33:01 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "So goes the tale of its making."
[Sat Jul 28 22:33:57 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): here and there
[Sat Jul 28 22:34:15 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): well Daelan will remember it lol
[Sat Jul 28 22:35:17 2007] : (125) Zane: like he'll say anything... Most likely he will blame it for the decline of the elven peoples or something. :-)
[Sat Jul 28 22:36:35 2007] : (125) Thom: "Amazing, simply amazing."
[Sat Jul 28 22:37:08 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "The legend goes on to say that the sword was forged of living rock, the very flesh of the Earthmother infused into it. It flares brightly and with a soul of its own. It glows powerfully in the presence of evil creatures such as ghosts, spirits and greater undead, and its will, in the hands of one powerful enough to master it, for as things of such nature exert their force on the world, grants its wielder the power to destroy Darkness, both of the body and the spirit."
[Sat Jul 28 22:39:35 2007] : (133) Daelan: " Yes it is one of the artifacts we have uncovered,we seek others as well.''
[Sat Jul 28 22:39:55 2007] : ** (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn glances at Daelan curiously. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:41:27 2007] : (133) Daelan: what will I remember?
[Sat Jul 28 22:41:34 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): everything
[Sat Jul 28 22:41:50 2007] : (133) Daelan: oh you mean all this?
[Sat Jul 28 22:42:44 2007] : (133) Daelan: " The trail still heads East."
[Sat Jul 28 22:42:45 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): yep
[Sat Jul 28 22:43:11 2007] : (125) Thom: "Then let's keep going that way."
[Sat Jul 28 22:43:47 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens walks along side the others keeping an eye out for any threats **
[Sat Jul 28 22:43:56 2007] : ** (133) Daelan slows his horse to a walk,then dismounts and gives his horse some water,then continues Eastward once more. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:45:07 2007] : (124) DM: After about a mile, your steeds refuse to go further. A corpse lies on the ground in the distance.
[Sat Jul 28 22:45:08 2007] : (135) Dreadscar (enter): 22:45
[Sat Jul 28 22:45:10 2007] : (135) Dreadscar (exit): 22:45
[Sat Jul 28 22:45:11 2007] : (135) Dreadscar (enter): 22:45
[Sat Jul 28 22:45:21 2007] : (135) Dreadscar (exit): 22:45
[Sat Jul 28 22:46:05 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens jogs ahead to the corpse while the others decide what to do with their mounts **
[Sat Jul 28 22:47:17 2007] : ** (125) Thom rides near Steinmeyer. "So Ringrist does indeed do more than we know at this time. We had been told that once before, but it always good to have it validated." **
[Sat Jul 28 22:48:08 2007] : ** (133) Daelan dismounts,tries to lead his mount as he heads towards the body. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:48:16 2007] : (136) Dreadscar (enter): 22:48
[Sat Jul 28 22:48:31 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Oh yes. I know precious little beyond what I've described to you. It is a piece of lore that I have read about but never had I believed that I would live to see it become truth in front of my eyes."
[Sat Jul 28 22:49:49 2007] : (125) Thom: "It is indeed amazing how certain things come to be unexpectedly."
[Sat Jul 28 22:50:43 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: "Without its scabbard, the blade will not regain its true power. When elf stood against dwarf and both against Man, the blade was separated from its scabbard, some say by Fate, others by mortal will. Both shall come together again at last in the final days of the world, or if not, when a great reckoning shall come to pass."
[Sat Jul 28 22:50:51 2007] : (133) Daelan: I try leading my horse as I head towards the corpse.
[Sat Jul 28 22:51:44 2007] : (125) Thom: "Oh, a special scabbard huh? Any idea what it looks like?"
[Sat Jul 28 22:52:01 2007] : (124) DM: It's a black horse...or rather was one.
[Sat Jul 28 22:52:29 2007] : (124) DM: A sickly odor permeates the area surrounding the corpse. Flies buzz overhead as the body rots.
[Sat Jul 28 22:52:53 2007] : ** (133) Daelan drops the riens to his horse as he inspects the dead one. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:53:05 2007] : (124) DM: A pair of saddlebags are tossed aside, along with a pile of debris.
[Sat Jul 28 22:53:08 2007] : (133) Daelan: " Well he finally rode it to ground."
[Sat Jul 28 22:53:38 2007] : (137) QB (enter): 22:53
[Sat Jul 28 22:54:10 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens goes and picks up the saddlebags and goves the a quick look though to see if anything interesting was left **
[Sat Jul 28 22:54:20 2007] : ** (125) Thom comes to a stop as they reach the horse. "So, we should be able to make better time than him now, but how easy will it be to find his tracks without the horse?" **
[Sat Jul 28 22:54:21 2007] : (133) Daelan: " In this heat and dressed as he is,he will not last long,something tells me he is in fact headed to the mound."
[Sat Jul 28 22:55:07 2007] : (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn: The finest silk embroidered with threads of emerald and gold, and inscribed with runes blessed by the gods of dwarves, elves and Men. In the presence of the blade, the scabbard glows with a cold silver radiance and appears in its true form -- carved from living rock.
[Sat Jul 28 22:55:44 2007] : (124) DM: Although the horse has no wounds, a sheen of sweat still coats its body.
[Sat Jul 28 22:55:55 2007] : (125) Thom: "So it sticks out just a little."
[Sat Jul 28 22:56:09 2007] : ** (133) Daelan begins to walk in a zig zag pattern,as he scans the ground for tracks. **
[Sat Jul 28 22:56:10 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): rope, hammer and tools, a blanket, waterskin, wineskin and coins
[Sat Jul 28 22:57:26 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens slings the saddlebags over his sholder and waits for Daelan to pick up the trail again **
[Sat Jul 28 22:57:38 2007] : ** (124) Steinmeyer, of Arawn holds a hand to his forehead. "This is as far as I ride. There lies the barrow." **
[Sat Jul 28 22:58:06 2007] : (124) DM: He points to a great barrow mound to the northeast, surrounded by what appears to be a henge of standing stones.
[Sat Jul 28 22:58:49 2007] : (124) DM: Above you, the sky darkens as if to herald a coming storm, and a tremendous crack of thunder splits the silence, impossibly loud in your ears.
[Sat Jul 28 22:59:53 2007] : ** (125) Thom draws out Ringrist, holding his horses reins with one hand. "Thank you for sharing what you knew. Take care." **
[Sat Jul 28 23:00:21 2007] : (133) Daelan: " It would seem the dead do not wish us to disturb them."
[Sat Jul 28 23:00:23 2007] : ** (129) Morti shivers as the thunder sounds "Why dio we always end up in places like this?" **
[Sat Jul 28 23:00:38 2007] : (124) DM: The sword is infused with a silver radiance that glows faintly.
[Sat Jul 28 23:01:10 2007] : (125) Thom: "Because what else would we do for fun Morti?"
[Sat Jul 28 23:01:46 2007] : ** (133) Daelan leads his horse into the stand of trees,ties the riens to a small tree,then heads off at a slow steady jog towards the burial mound. **
[Sat Jul 28 23:02:10 2007] : (129) Morti: "Chess is fun. Lets play chess next time and leave the scary death places to other people."
[Sat Jul 28 23:02:40 2007] : (125) Thom: "Fine, as long as the next person doesn't kill a boy's family also."
[Sat Jul 28 23:02:50 2007] : ** (125) Thom follows Daelan's lead. **
[Sat Jul 28 23:03:10 2007] : ** (129) Morti groans at Thom's words, and follows along, begrudgingly **
[Sat Jul 28 23:05:32 2007] : (124) DM: Rain begins to fall..
[Sat Jul 28 23:06:14 2007] : (124) DM: ...soon increasing to a downpour as the wind picks up in speed and the temperature decreases...
[Sat Jul 28 23:06:42 2007] : (124) DM: ...and visibility reduces to a sliver.
[Sat Jul 28 23:06:59 2007] : (125) Thom: "At least it's a little cooler." Thom yells.
[Sat Jul 28 23:07:04 2007] : ** (133) Daelan begins to run faster towards the burial mound. **
[Sat Jul 28 23:07:20 2007] : ** (125) Thom follows. **
[Sat Jul 28 23:07:55 2007] : (124) DM: Ahead, you can barely make out an armored figure wearing a red cloak. A sword hangs by his side. Next to him, hovering in mid-air, is a large gray skull that glows with crimson eyes deep within its sockets.
[Sat Jul 28 23:07:58 2007] : (129) Morti: "Huh? H-ehy! Wait up!" :hurries after the others.:
[Sat Jul 28 23:08:55 2007] : ** (125) Thom comes up to a stop. "Well, that's freaky." **
[Sat Jul 28 23:09:26 2007] : (125) Thom: (( brb - smoke. ))
[Sat Jul 28 23:09:32 2007] : (129) Morti: "Um.. would that be the crazy flaming slayer man?"
[Sat Jul 28 23:09:46 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens keeps up with the others, slowing for a moment when he sees the skill, but speeds back up **
[Sat Jul 28 23:10:34 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): each square = 5'
[Sat Jul 28 23:11:00 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): load minis
[Sat Jul 28 23:12:21 2007] : ** (133) Daelan comes to a sliding stop,as he brings his bow up aiming at the floating skull. **
[Sat Jul 28 23:12:46 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens slips the saddlebags off his sholders while he runs letting them drop to the ground **
[Sat Jul 28 23:13:03 2007] : (124) DM: The armored figure seems to be heading inside the barrow mound.
[Sat Jul 28 23:14:07 2007] : (133) Daelan: I fire at the skull
[Sat Jul 28 23:14:12 2007] : (125) Zane: do we still have the +5s?
[Sat Jul 28 23:14:28 2007] : (124) DM: As Daelan raises his bow to shoot at the skull, a misty-cloud suddenly manifests itself around the skull coalescing into several tentacles that undulate menancingly.
[Sat Jul 28 23:14:44 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): nope
[Sat Jul 28 23:14:48 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): init
[Sat Jul 28 23:14:59 2007] : (125) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+3 ] => [17,3] = (20)
[Sat Jul 28 23:15:11 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+9 ] => [14,9] = (23)
[Sat Jul 28 23:15:39 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( how far are we from them, and what direction are we coming from? ))
[Sat Jul 28 23:15:45 2007] : (129) Morti: init: [1d20+2 ] => [2,2] = (4)
[Sat Jul 28 23:15:49 2007] : (133) Daelan: Init: [1d20+2+4 ] => [15,2,4] = (21)
[Sat Jul 28 23:16:00 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): coming from the west
[Sat Jul 28 23:16:38 2007] : (125) Thom: "It would be most likely the case Morti."
[Sat Jul 28 23:16:54 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): can't stand this whiteboard
[Sat Jul 28 23:17:04 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): anyway, west is where Sevis is
[Sat Jul 28 23:17:07 2007] : (129) Morti: "Right.. and the angry floating skull is.. what? His mascot?"
[Sat Jul 28 23:17:53 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): you're not yet in melee range even though it shows that you are
[Sat Jul 28 23:17:56 2007] : (140) splendedwarrior (enter): 23:17
[Sat Jul 28 23:18:01 2007] : (125) Thom: "You of the one with arcane knowlede, not me."
[Sat Jul 28 23:18:03 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): say about 150' from the barrow mound
[Sat Jul 28 23:18:11 2007] : (125) Zane: k
[Sat Jul 28 23:18:29 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8 ] => [9,8] = (17)
[Sat Jul 28 23:18:42 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6 ] => [15,6] = (21)
[Sat Jul 28 23:19:52 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(136) Dreadscar' from server... Removing dead client
[Sat Jul 28 23:19:53 2007] : (136) Dreadscar (exit): 23:19
[Sat Jul 28 23:20:52 2007] : (124) DM: (23, Sev)
[Sat Jul 28 23:21:00 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens speeds up to close the distance (( Double Move covering 140' )) **
[Sat Jul 28 23:21:18 2007] : (124) DM: Rain continues to fall, threatening to decrease visibility further.
[Sat Jul 28 23:21:32 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): hold on
[Sat Jul 28 23:22:09 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): k
[Sat Jul 28 23:22:22 2007] : (124) DM: (21, Dael)
[Sat Jul 28 23:23:47 2007] : ** (133) Daelan fires at the floating skull **
[Sat Jul 28 23:24:24 2007] : (133) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+20 ] => [4,20] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [1,3,2,0] = (6)
[Sat Jul 28 23:24:25 2007] : (133) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+20 ] => [9,20] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [1,3,6,0] = (10)
[Sat Jul 28 23:24:26 2007] : (133) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+15 ] => [19,15] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [5,3,2,0] = (10)
[Sat Jul 28 23:25:04 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( dont forget to subtract whatever for range ))
[Sat Jul 28 23:25:44 2007] : (125) Thom: (( should just be -2 for this distance, just outside a logbow's normal range. ))
[Sat Jul 28 23:25:51 2007] : (133) Daelan: what is the range of a longbow?
[Sat Jul 28 23:26:28 2007] : (124) DM: The arrows, while it would appear to have inflicted substantial damage on the skull, do not seem to affect it, at least from your vantage point.
[Sat Jul 28 23:27:40 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): 100'
[Sat Jul 28 23:27:58 2007] : (133) Daelan: ok thanks
[Sat Jul 28 23:29:50 2007] : ** (133) Daelan stands up and continues to run forward,getting closer for his next attack. **
[Sat Jul 28 23:30:33 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( cant move and get all 3 attacks ))
[Sat Jul 28 23:30:42 2007] : (124) DM: The armored fighter turns around and points something at you. There is an explosion, followed by a smoldering ball of orange-crimson fire that rains down at Daelan and his companions.
[Sat Jul 28 23:30:57 2007] : (133) Daelan: ( just saying what I am doing next turn is all)
[Sat Jul 28 23:31:18 2007] : (125) Thom: (( Ref save? ))
[Sat Jul 28 23:32:53 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [8d6 ] => [4,6,2,5,3,6,5,3] = (34)
[Sat Jul 28 23:32:56 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): yes
[Sat Jul 28 23:33:06 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): centered on Morti
[Sat Jul 28 23:33:23 2007] : (129) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+4 ] => [18,4] = (22)
[Sat Jul 28 23:33:32 2007] : (125) Thom: Reflex: [1d20+13 ] => [20,13] = (33)
[Sat Jul 28 23:33:33 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): what'd I do to him?
[Sat Jul 28 23:34:13 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): A guy in a red cape doesn't get to pick on my scarf
[Sat Jul 28 23:34:16 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): 17 fire damage for those of you without evasion who make the save. (Morti and possibly Daelan)
[Sat Jul 28 23:34:27 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): (Thom evades)
[Sat Jul 28 23:34:47 2007] : (124) DM: (20, Thm)
[Sat Jul 28 23:35:08 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): Drew, I need a save from you whenever
[Sat Jul 28 23:35:22 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): not after I cast a lesser globe of invulnerability he don't
[Sat Jul 28 23:35:30 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): ah
[Sat Jul 28 23:35:41 2007] : ** (125) Thom takes off running, following Sevis, managing to avoid the fire blast. (moving at a run, 120 feet) **
[Sat Jul 28 23:35:52 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): did you? I didn't seem to get that
[Sat Jul 28 23:35:56 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): then again I've been lagging
[Sat Jul 28 23:35:57 2007] : (133) Daelan: Reflex save: [1d20+11 ] => [4,11] = (15)
[Sat Jul 28 23:36:17 2007] : (129) Lunauc: not yet, still waiting for my turn
[Sat Jul 28 23:36:21 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): 34 damage to Dael
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:21 2007] : (124) DM: As Sevis comes to a skidding halt in front of the Slayer, the floating skull lashes out two tentacles at Sevis as it cackles with hatred.
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:32 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10 ] => [18,10] = (28),[1d20+10 ] => [15,10] = (25)
[Sat Jul 28 23:37:43 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): AC 28 and 25
[Sat Jul 28 23:38:09 2007] : (127) Dj Gilcrease: Hit and miss
[Sat Jul 28 23:38:13 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): 1 negative level
[Sat Jul 28 23:38:36 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4 ] => [2,3] = (5)
[Sat Jul 28 23:39:19 2007] : (124) DM: One of the tentacles appears to have narrowly missed the monk, while the other wraps itself viciously around his neck and begins to constrict. (8 damage drained)
[Sat Jul 28 23:39:31 2007] : (124) DM: (make that 5)
[Sat Jul 28 23:39:47 2007] : (124) DM: (4, Mor)
[Sat Jul 28 23:40:07 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): so it grants 1 negative level and drains 5 damage.
[Sat Jul 28 23:41:57 2007] : ** (129) Morti straightens up after the flame burst, patting out some smoldering spots on his clothes, "Okay, that's not happening again." He pulls a small crystal orb from his pocket and begins to weave a spell, which ends with the sudden expansion of a translucent sphere reaching 10' around himself. To Dael, he advises, "Stay in the bubble and don't get burned." (lesser globe of invulnerability) **
[Sat Jul 28 23:42:22 2007] : (129) Morti: (ready action to move and keep pace with Dael if he moves next turn)
[Sat Jul 28 23:43:19 2007] : (124) DM: (23, Sev)
[Sat Jul 28 23:43:30 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens steps forward and lashes out at the skull **
[Sat Jul 28 23:43:37 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+21-2 ] => [9,21,-2] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [3,5,3] = (11)
[Sat Jul 28 23:43:38 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+21-2 ] => [9,21,-2] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [2,5,3] = (10)
[Sat Jul 28 23:43:39 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+21-2 ] => [17,21,-2] = (36) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [5,5,3] = (13)
[Sat Jul 28 23:43:40 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+16-2 ] => [17,16,-2] = (31) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [1,2,3] = (6)
[Sat Jul 28 23:43:41 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+11-2 ] => [7,11,-2] = (16) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [6,1,3] = (10)
[Sat Jul 28 23:44:18 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): yep
[Sat Jul 28 23:44:19 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): roll 4d100
[Sat Jul 28 23:44:36 2007] : (129) Morti: (afk a min)
[Sat Jul 28 23:44:43 2007] : (127) Dj Gilcrease: [4d100 ] => [93,37,9,5] = (144)
[Sat Jul 28 23:44:48 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): no, separately
[Sat Jul 28 23:44:54 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): actually it doesn't matter
[Sat Jul 28 23:44:58 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): I'll use those rolls
[Sat Jul 28 23:45:10 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): 3 of the attacks strike, the 93 misses
[Sat Jul 28 23:45:23 2007] : (127) Dj Gilcrease: ok
[Sat Jul 28 23:45:43 2007] : (127) Dj Gilcrease: [10+13+6 ] => 29
[Sat Jul 28 23:46:18 2007] : (124) DM: A few of your (Sev) blows appear to have missed the skull even though it's floating directly in front of you. What does land however seems to not have affected it overly much.
[Sat Jul 28 23:46:46 2007] : (124) DM: (21, Dael)
[Sat Jul 28 23:47:03 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: My strikes count as Magic and Lawful for overcoming DR
[Sat Jul 28 23:47:13 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): I understand that
[Sat Jul 28 23:47:52 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: ok, just wasnt sure since I actualy had to look to see which I had :)
[Sat Jul 28 23:48:10 2007] : ** (133) Daelan moves forward so that he is closer to the enemy. **
[Sat Jul 28 23:48:38 2007] : (133) Daelan: I stop at about 60' from the skull and the slayer,.
[Sat Jul 28 23:48:50 2007] : (133) Daelan: which does not give me any attacks correct.
[Sat Jul 28 23:49:23 2007] : ** (129) Morti tries to move with him, but can't manage to keep up **
[Sat Jul 28 23:49:27 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(140) splendedwarrior' from server... Removing dead client
[Sat Jul 28 23:49:28 2007] : (140) splendedwarrior (exit): 23:49
[Sat Jul 28 23:50:01 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): why wouldn't it?
[Sat Jul 28 23:50:50 2007] : (133) Daelan: thought you could not move and get attacks.
[Sat Jul 28 23:51:07 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): why wouldn't what?
[Sat Jul 28 23:52:17 2007] : (124) DM: The fighter points again, and as before, a sphere of orange-crimson flames bursts out of a wooden stick in his hand and hurtles towards Daelan. This time, when it lands to a point directly behind him, the elf remains unscathed.
[Sat Jul 28 23:52:36 2007] : (124) DM: A look of confusion crosses the fighter's bearded face.
[Sat Jul 28 23:52:43 2007] : (124) DM: (20, Thm)
[Sat Jul 28 23:52:53 2007] : (129) Morti: (he's not in the sphere anymore, you know?)
[Sat Jul 28 23:53:29 2007] : (124) DM: (oops)
[Sat Jul 28 23:53:43 2007] : (133) Daelan: Reflex save: [1d20+11 ] => [6,11] = (17)
[Sat Jul 28 23:53:51 2007] : (124) DM: (then he needs to roll Reflex as well as anyone in his vicinity)
[Sat Jul 28 23:53:58 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [8d6 ] => [4,5,5,4,6,2,5,4] = (35)
[Sat Jul 28 23:54:11 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): 35 damage to Daelan
[Sat Jul 28 23:54:21 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): just being honest
[Sat Jul 28 23:55:15 2007] : (124) DM: (20, Thm)
[Sat Jul 28 23:55:38 2007] : ** (125) Thom moves up next to the fighter, slashing at Slayer with Ringrist as he reaches the man. "That's for Alberin." **
[Sat Jul 28 23:55:44 2007] : (125) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15 ] => [1,15] = (16) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5 ] => [1,5] = (6)
[Sat Jul 28 23:55:56 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): d'oh!
[Sat Jul 28 23:56:11 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): Morti will catch up to get you back in the globe in a moment
[Sat Jul 28 23:56:17 2007] : ** (125) Thom looks confused as he misses. **
[Sat Jul 28 23:57:19 2007] : (124) DM: The longsword blazes forth with an explosion of sapphire-hued radiance as you slash at the armored fighter, but unfortunately you miss.
[Sat Jul 28 23:57:41 2007] : (125) Zane: Isn't Ringrist a shortsword?
[Sat Jul 28 23:57:50 2007] : ** (129) Morti hurries to catch up with the twice burned elf(double move) "Didn't you hear what I said about staying in the bubble?" **
[Sat Jul 28 23:57:51 2007] : (124) DM: The radiance however, does not fade away but instead shines strongly, like a beacon in the darkness.
[Sat Jul 28 23:58:08 2007] : (129) Morti: (oops, hit the button too soon)
[Sat Jul 28 23:58:26 2007] : (125) Zane: Ahh, it was the saphire color that threw my attack off. Now I know about it, so I'll hit next time. :-)
[Sat Jul 28 23:59:31 2007] : (124) DM: The skull for it's part lets out a shriek of pain as it recoils away from the intensity of the sword's glow. It partially loosens it's ethereal tentacle from Sevis' neck and lashes out with two more tentacles at Thom, as if trying desparately to disarm him.
[Sat Jul 28 23:59:43 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10 ] => [2,10] = (12),[1d20+10 ] => [3,10] = (13)
[Sat Jul 28 23:59:51 2007] : (124) DM: ...and misses

[Sun Jul 29 00:00:02 2007] : (124) DM: (4, Mort)
[Sun Jul 29 00:00:08 2007] : (125) Thom: (( oh, it's got that much reach huh? ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:00:12 2007] : ** (129) Morti hurries to catch up with the twice burned elf(double move) "Didn't you hear what I said about staying in the bubble?" **
[Sun Jul 29 00:00:35 2007] : (124) DM: ((yes, considering you're 15' from it))
[Sun Jul 29 00:00:42 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Hey lets switch targets, I'll deal with the caporial, your sword can deal with the undead"
[Sun Jul 29 00:01:13 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): short sword then
[Sun Jul 29 00:01:15 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): my bad
[Sun Jul 29 00:02:57 2007] : (125) Thom: "As long as this Slayer pays, he deserves no less."
[Sun Jul 29 00:03:01 2007] : (124) DM: (23, Sev)
[Sun Jul 29 00:03:22 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens steps to the side and stikes out at the slayer **
[Sun Jul 29 00:03:27 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+21-2 ] => [15,21,-2] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [1,3,3] = (7)
[Sun Jul 29 00:03:28 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+21-2 ] => [20,21,-2] = (39) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [5,3,3] = (11)
[Sun Jul 29 00:03:29 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+21-2 ] => [16,21,-2] = (35) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [2,6,3] = (11)
[Sun Jul 29 00:03:30 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+16-2 ] => [13,16,-2] = (27) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [5,4,3] = (12)
[Sun Jul 29 00:03:31 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+11-2 ] => [13,11,-2] = (22) ===> Damage: [2d6+3 ] => [3,2,3] = (8)
[Sun Jul 29 00:03:59 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( Crit Check [1d20+21-2 ] => [9,21,-2] = (28) Damage [2d6+3 ] => [4,2,3] = (9) ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:05:00 2007] : (124) DM: The armored fighter falls to the ground, unconscious.
[Sun Jul 29 00:05:16 2007] : (124) DM: (21, Dael)
[Sun Jul 29 00:05:47 2007] : ** (133) Daelan brings his bow up once more,aiming at the skull he fires as quickly as he can. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:05:58 2007] : (133) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+20 ] => [7,20] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [3,3,4,0] = (10)
[Sun Jul 29 00:05:59 2007] : (133) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+20 ] => [13,20] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [8,3,2,0] = (13)
[Sun Jul 29 00:06:00 2007] : (133) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+15 ] => [4,15] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [3,3,6,0] = (12)
[Sun Jul 29 00:07:35 2007] : (124) DM: Two arrows whistle harmlessly past it but a third pierces it's semi-corporeal body, causing it to sink to the ground, then explode in a shower of ectoplasm all around it. It loosens its hold on Sevis' neck and just as swiftly, dissipates.
[Sun Jul 29 00:08:29 2007] : (124) DM: Rain continues to fall from the sky and a crack of thunder is heard.
[Sun Jul 29 00:08:58 2007] : (125) Thom: (( so the skull is gone and the Slayer is unconscious? ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:09:07 2007] : (124) DM: ((yep))
[Sun Jul 29 00:09:29 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens goes and kneels over the slayer to see if he may still yet live **
[Sun Jul 29 00:09:36 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+4 ] => [8,4] = (12)
[Sun Jul 29 00:10:21 2007] : ** (125) Thom moves to the Slayer and uses Ringrist to move the wand and all noticeable weapons from the man. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:10:42 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): a voice that only Daelan hears speaks out loud
[Sun Jul 29 00:10:48 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): just warning you guys in advance
[Sun Jul 29 00:10:52 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): none of you hear this
[Sun Jul 29 00:11:25 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens shrugs then decides to get out of the rain and enters the mound **
[Sun Jul 29 00:11:34 2007] : (125) Thom: "So, do we try to see if he was under the influence, or just remove his presense from this world?"
[Sun Jul 29 00:12:27 2007] : ** (133) Daelan walks up to the fallen slayer,looking down at him," No he is not to be killed Thom." **
[Sun Jul 29 00:12:59 2007] : (124) Voice: "You seek the power to defeat the one known as Shai'tan, who is not of this world. It is not given to those who fail the ideals embodied by Annoras to hold his Hammer."
[Sun Jul 29 00:13:07 2007] : ** (125) Thom laughs at Daelan and continues to disarm the man as best he can without touching anything, in case something is indeed cursed. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:13:08 2007] : ** (129) Morti follows along with Dael, looking about anxiously for more nasty surprises **
[Sun Jul 29 00:14:02 2007] : (133) Daelan: " How did I fail,you said I had to save a soul and I did."
[Sun Jul 29 00:14:34 2007] : (125) Thom: "What are you talking about Daelan?"
[Sun Jul 29 00:15:06 2007] : (125) Zane: No far, I didn't get to actually take anyone out... ;-)
[Sun Jul 29 00:15:19 2007] : (124) Voice: "Did I say that you have failed?" (seems amused) "A truth, O Seeker, a truth. Why do you seek that which was given to one you despise?"
[Sun Jul 29 00:16:04 2007] : (133) Daelan: " I was told that in order to hold Annoras's Hammer,I needed to save a lost soul and remember something."
[Sun Jul 29 00:17:17 2007] : (133) Daelan: " In times of need,one must seek out aide even if it means going against what I have been taught all my life,and if that is what I must do then so be it."
[Sun Jul 29 00:17:29 2007] : (125) Thom: "Annoras' Hammer? Remember? You know what, forget it.
[Sun Jul 29 00:18:22 2007] : ** (125) Thom ignores Daelan and continues on his job. "Morti, can you tell if any of these items have a curse, as Steinmeyer mentioned might be the case?" **
[Sun Jul 29 00:18:37 2007] : (124) Voice: "And so you have. A man who was possessed by a spirit is no longer a pawn of what is unliving. But the Hammer of Annoras was created by elves and gifted to one who fought for the People in remembrance of a time long ago."
[Sun Jul 29 00:18:45 2007] : (129) Morti: "Uh.. magic yes.. cures.. not so much.."
[Sun Jul 29 00:18:53 2007] : (129) Morti: (curse rather)
[Sun Jul 29 00:19:35 2007] : (125) Thom: "Then I guess none of it is safe."
[Sun Jul 29 00:19:56 2007] : (133) Daelan: " I am aware of that,he tried to rally all together in the great war,just as Ringquist did so long ago as well."
[Sun Jul 29 00:20:38 2007] : ** (129) Morti takes a moment examine the knight's items(detect magic) **
[Sun Jul 29 00:20:47 2007] : (133) Daelan: " Either all races stand united against this evil or we will all fall."
[Sun Jul 29 00:21:37 2007] : (124) Voice: "You who seek to wield the Hammer, are you prepared to wield it though your being may wish it were not so?"
[Sun Jul 29 00:21:42 2007] : (133) Daelan: " There is one who even wishes to learn the way of the Quessir."
[Sun Jul 29 00:22:05 2007] : (129) Morti: (figuring the 'cursed' item may have two distinct enchantments to it. Not sure how it wordks on andurin)
[Sun Jul 29 00:22:15 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): most of his items are nonmagical save for the wand
[Sun Jul 29 00:22:51 2007] : (129) Lunauc: spellcraft on the wand to determing class and strength
[Sun Jul 29 00:22:56 2007] : (129) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [15,18] = (33)
[Sun Jul 29 00:22:57 2007] : ** (125) Thom looks around, and desides to try his own tests. He takes a deep breath and mutters a phrase, scanning the laid out equipment and the unconscious body of the Slayer (detect evil). **
[Sun Jul 29 00:23:03 2007] : ** (133) Daelan takes a deep breath **
[Sun Jul 29 00:23:39 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): though evil permeates this place, a look of peace crosses over the fighter's face
[Sun Jul 29 00:23:42 2007] : (129) Morti: :shakes his head: "Only the wand is magical, and it might not be cursed, so much as possessed, considering the floating skull thing."
[Sun Jul 29 00:24:06 2007] : (133) Daelan: " If that is what I must do,then so be it,I so swear."
[Sun Jul 29 00:24:22 2007] : (124) DM: "So be it and be it so!"
[Sun Jul 29 00:24:51 2007] : (124) DM: There is a tremendous ringing and peal of thunder as the world around you fades to oblivion.
[Sun Jul 29 00:24:59 2007] : ** (129) Morti glances back at Daelan, wondering what the elf is talking about. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:25:32 2007] : (124) DM: Daelan grasps the Hammer of Annoras as it falls to the walkway in the floating tomb, and falls unconscious.
[Sun Jul 29 00:26:03 2007] : (124) DM: (have to edit this log because I messed that up. the voice spoke "so be it and be it so!", not me.)
[Sun Jul 29 00:26:20 2007] : (124) DM: (anyway, shift back to the Tomb of Annoras from a couple of sessions ago)
[Sun Jul 29 00:26:55 2007] : ** (125) Thom sees Daelan collect the hammer, but lying still. He tries to stick his hand through the doorway once again. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:26:58 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( and I am guessing none of us (Save Daelen) remembers a thing that happened? ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:27:17 2007] : (124) DM: ((correct))
[Sun Jul 29 00:27:34 2007] : whispering to Daelan, I have a surprise for you
[Sun Jul 29 00:27:51 2007] : (148) Cael (enter): 00:27
[Sun Jul 29 00:27:58 2007] : (133) Daelan: that does not sound good in any way shape or form
[Sun Jul 29 00:28:27 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): when was the last time you all gained a level?
[Sun Jul 29 00:28:57 2007] : (125) Zane: uhh... good question. was it still from Etienne? I believe it was.
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:03 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:04 2007] : (148) Cael: (whispering): The whole crash/double login thing happen often?
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:07 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): no, can't be
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:08 2007] : (133) Daelan: shrugs,umm long time I think can't remember.
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:20 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sometimes
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:28 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): not sure. When was the last time the Mc Rib was out?
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:30 2007] : (127) Dj Gilcrease: umm not that long ago, the city that Morti was wandering around dead
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:34 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): ok
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:34 2007] : ** (133) Daelan lays limp on the bridge. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:52 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): I really want one of those now
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:53 2007] : (125) Thom: (( can I get past the doorway? ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:29:58 2007] : (148) Cael: (whispering): Okay, wanted to make sure that I didn't go and screw something up.
[Sun Jul 29 00:30:35 2007] : (129) Morti: "Daelan! Are you alright!" :pokes his staff into the doorway to see if it passes:
[Sun Jul 29 00:30:43 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): what level is Daelan again?
[Sun Jul 29 00:31:24 2007] : (133) Daelan: 9th
[Sun Jul 29 00:31:34 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): I think Donovan kept good records of it... but yeah, I know we did sometime since Etienne's tomb, but I can't remember when it was.
[Sun Jul 29 00:31:42 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): and the rest of the PCs are 10th, correct?
[Sun Jul 29 00:32:03 2007] : (133) Daelan: shrugs once more
[Sun Jul 29 00:32:13 2007] : (129) Lunauc: (GW): think so
[Sun Jul 29 00:32:16 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): this is important. my recollection is that you're 10th
[Sun Jul 29 00:32:21 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): Daelan is now 10th
[Sun Jul 29 00:32:26 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): BUT
[Sun Jul 29 00:32:38 2007] : (133) Daelan: theres always a but
[Sun Jul 29 00:33:01 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): he's now a 1st level cleric of the elven god of his choice.
[Sun Jul 29 00:33:05 2007] : (133) Daelan: can it be a nice round shapely elven butt?
[Sun Jul 29 00:33:08 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): lol
[Sun Jul 29 00:33:29 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): or in other words, one of his levels is a level as a cleric
[Sun Jul 29 00:33:50 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): so let me know which one you want to be and we'll work it out later
[Sun Jul 29 00:33:51 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): Wysos.
[Sun Jul 29 00:34:02 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): also he's going to be unconscious for a while
[Sun Jul 29 00:34:17 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): which is probably good because he'll need time to get his thoughts in order
[Sun Jul 29 00:34:50 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): of course you won't be a cleric of Tennerael Undol
[Sun Jul 29 00:34:57 2007] : (133) Daelan: do I still get to use my bow?
[Sun Jul 29 00:34:58 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): Wysos was the city, if I remember correctly.
[Sun Jul 29 00:35:00 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): only because she's Lolth
[Sun Jul 29 00:35:10 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): yes, you still get to use your bow
[Sun Jul 29 00:35:20 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): as long as you're a cleric of the Ara-Cemnari
[Sun Jul 29 00:35:39 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): Daelan, cleric of Annorous. ;-)
[Sun Jul 29 00:35:42 2007] : (133) Daelan: gonna have to read up on all the gods the ones that are neutral good and serve nature.
[Sun Jul 29 00:35:50 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): Annoras isn't a god. he was a dwarf though. :)
[Sun Jul 29 00:35:57 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): ah yeah - that's right.
[Sun Jul 29 00:36:31 2007] : (124) DM: He's unconscious.
[Sun Jul 29 00:36:46 2007] : (129) Morti: (can we get through the door?)
[Sun Jul 29 00:37:01 2007] : ** (127) Tektite pokes her head out of the floor and looks around before melting back into the stone **
[Sun Jul 29 00:37:04 2007] : ** (133) Daelan is still tied to the bridge too. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:37:40 2007] : (124) DM: (remmeber that the bridge tips down and forward if too much weight is placed on it. also that the ground is 500' below you.)
[Sun Jul 29 00:37:58 2007] : (124) DM: (yes)
[Sun Jul 29 00:38:30 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Looks like he will be out for a while" ** takes a seat and leans against the wall and closes his eyes **
[Sun Jul 29 00:38:36 2007] : ** (125) Thom moves past the doorway to stand at the edge of the bridge. "Daelan!" **
[Sun Jul 29 00:39:20 2007] : (124) DM: The structure is shuddering, as peals of thunder rumble somewhere in the tomb. There is a tremendous ringing, as if a chorus of bells has erupted.
[Sun Jul 29 00:40:15 2007] : (125) Thom: "Uh, don't think we have time to sit around right now. Morti, can you get to Daelan with those boots of yours?"
[Sun Jul 29 00:40:44 2007] : (124) DM: The elf lies unconscious, one hand grasped around the hilt of the Hammer.
[Sun Jul 29 00:40:48 2007] : (129) Morti: "The boots go up and down, not sideways. Grab the rope and pull him back"
[Sun Jul 29 00:41:25 2007] : (124) DM: The whole Tomb is shaking and shuddering. The tipping bridge sways dangerously, threatening to topple to the ground below.
[Sun Jul 29 00:41:51 2007] : ** (133) Daelan lays splayed out on the bridge,a rope tied around his waist the other end tied to the bridge,his left hand wrapped around the handle of the hammer in a death grip. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:42:01 2007] : ** (125) Thom approaches the bridge and carefully leans over trying to reach it without getting on the bridge itself. He grabs onto the rope and starts hauling Daelan back. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:42:26 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): Str
[Sun Jul 29 00:42:33 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): on Thom
[Sun Jul 29 00:42:51 2007] : (125) Zane: with the +5 (if we have it): [1d20+7 ] => [6,7] = (13)
[Sun Jul 29 00:43:01 2007] : ** (129) Morti tries to help with his diminutive musculature. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:43:17 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): yes you have it
[Sun Jul 29 00:43:37 2007] : (125) Thom: "If it wasn't for the crumbling tomb, I'd probably enjoy dragging Daelan around a little more."
[Sun Jul 29 00:44:01 2007] : (129) Morti: (aiding in pulling him up..)
[Sun Jul 29 00:44:03 2007] : (129) Morti: Str check: [1d20-2 ] => [18,-2] = (16)
[Sun Jul 29 00:44:12 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): k
[Sun Jul 29 00:44:24 2007] : (125) Thom: (( sad thing is, that's better than Thom's roll... ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:44:36 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( lol ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:44:58 2007] : (124) DM: You manage to get Daelan to safety....and just in time too, because at the moment he's off the bridge, it comes free off it's magical moorings and plummets to the ground below the Tomb.
[Sun Jul 29 00:45:01 2007] : (129) Morti: (It's like the Mother with her baby trapped under the car)
[Sun Jul 29 00:45:13 2007] : ** (125) Thom works with Morti, dragging the elf back to them. "Damn Morti, been working out lately?" **
[Sun Jul 29 00:45:53 2007] : ** (125) Thom lays his hand over Daelan's forehead making sure the elf is still alive. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:45:57 2007] : (124) DM: Thunder crashes -- or it seems like it. A tremendous roar sounds elsewhere.
[Sun Jul 29 00:46:11 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): he's alive
[Sun Jul 29 00:46:16 2007] : (125) Zane: heal light wounds (since the one in the fantsy world didn't count) [1d8+1 ] => [7,1] = (8)
[Sun Jul 29 00:46:16 2007] : (129) Morti: "Wah!" :flinches as the bridge collapses. He lets out a relieved breath that they at least got Dael to safety first. "Is he.. alright?"
[Sun Jul 29 00:46:57 2007] : (125) Thom: "He's alive, so he should be back to himself soon. It's your call whether that qualifies as alright or not."
[Sun Jul 29 00:48:06 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens raises to his feet "Hope this whole place does not come down." **
[Sun Jul 29 00:48:23 2007] : (125) Thom: (( has the tomb stopped shaking? ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:52:18 2007] : (124) DM: ((nope))
[Sun Jul 29 00:52:42 2007] : (129) Morti: "Um.. maybe we should hurry up and find an exit.. now..?"
[Sun Jul 29 00:53:01 2007] : (125) Thom: "Sevis, help me carry Daelan. Morti's right, we need to get moving."
[Sun Jul 29 00:53:28 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens nods and helps Thom carry Daelan **
[Sun Jul 29 00:53:33 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Str check: [1d20+3 ] => [10,3] = (13)
[Sun Jul 29 00:53:55 2007] : (125) Thom: Strength: [1d20+2 ] => [4,2] = (6)
[Sun Jul 29 00:54:20 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Dont let his head bounce too hard on the ground."
[Sun Jul 29 00:54:22 2007] : (125) Thom: (( maybe Morti should help instead of Thom ))
[Sun Jul 29 00:54:36 2007] : (125) Thom: "It might knock some sense into him."
[Sun Jul 29 00:54:42 2007] : (130) Goodnight all, I have to go for now (exit): 00:54
[Sun Jul 29 00:55:06 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "True"
[Sun Jul 29 00:55:10 2007] : (125) Thom: "Let's go Morti, let's find a way out."
[Sun Jul 29 00:55:56 2007] : (129) Morti: :nods vigorously and gets on the move looking for another doorway, "We have any idea how to get out of here?"
[Sun Jul 29 00:56:38 2007] : (124) DM: There's a flash of light to your immediate left. Rhian and Drenla exit one door, only to scoot through another.
[Sun Jul 29 00:56:45 2007] : (125) Thom: "Somewhere we haven't been yet. Unless now that we have the hammer there is a door we never saw before somewhere."
[Sun Jul 29 00:57:07 2007] : (125) Thom: "Or, follow them!"
[Sun Jul 29 00:57:24 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(128) Cael' from server... Removing dead client
[Sun Jul 29 00:57:25 2007] : (128) Cael (exit): 00:57
[Sun Jul 29 00:57:38 2007] : (129) Morti: "Heh?" :confused, but rushing, he follows Rhian and Drenla:
[Sun Jul 29 00:57:39 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens shrugs and follows Rhian and Drenla **
[Sun Jul 29 00:58:01 2007] : ** (125) Thom moves with Sevis, carrying Daelan. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:58:09 2007] : (124) Drenla: "Morti! This way! No time to explain!"
[Sun Jul 29 00:58:24 2007] : (129) Morti: "Coming! I'm Coming!"
[Sun Jul 29 00:58:28 2007] : ** (124) Drenla beckons to you as he points in the direction that Rhian went through. **
[Sun Jul 29 00:59:17 2007] : (124) DM: The Tomb shudders even more violently as a loud groaning sound, and several explosions occur elsewhere.
[Sun Jul 29 00:59:57 2007] : ** (125) Thom moves along as well. "Good timing Drenla, although you don't have a way to have us not carry this guy, do you?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:00:09 2007] : (149) Farhymn (enter): 01:00
[Sun Jul 29 01:00:25 2007] : (124) Drenla: "The magical force that holds the Tomb aloft is weakening and very soon, this whole structure will plummet to the ground. Rhian is weaving a Gateway that will transport us far away from here." (walks rapidly)
[Sun Jul 29 01:01:07 2007] : (125) Thom: "Daelan just had to shoot down that hammer. The sooner we are gone the better."
[Sun Jul 29 01:01:18 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "If she can do that why didnt she just do that to get us to the white tower in the first place?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:01:28 2007] : ** (124) Drenla glances at the unconscious elf. "It's a miracle he's still around, but nys. I do not." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:01:48 2007] : (124) Drenla: "You'd need to ask her. Unfortunately I have not been successful."
[Sun Jul 29 01:02:02 2007] : (125) Thom: "Yeah, I made sure he didn't die on us, I hope. But that was the extent of what I could do at the time."
[Sun Jul 29 01:03:55 2007] : (124) DM: As you enter yet another chamber, a massive explosion rockets through the enite complex and the ground lurches forward. The diminutive Aes Sedai stands in the center of a marble-covered chamber that appears to be the remnants of a library. She's in rapt concentration as a shimmering portal opens in the middle of the room.
[Sun Jul 29 01:04:30 2007] : (125) Thom: "Keep moving Sevis, let's hope that where it goes is better."
[Sun Jul 29 01:04:42 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Enter the Gate. I can't hold it open for too much longer."
[Sun Jul 29 01:04:59 2007] : ** (129) Morti plants his staff to try to keep from fallinf to the ground from the explosion.Entering the library after Rhian, he looks around sorrowfully, "What a waste..." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:05:01 2007] : ** (125) Thom rushes in with Sevis and Daelan. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:05:08 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens keeps his pace slow enough that he isnt dragging Thom as he heads to the gate **
[Sun Jul 29 01:05:10 2007] : (124) DM: You notice one of her hands clenched tightly shut around a disk of white and black marble.
[Sun Jul 29 01:05:21 2007] : (129) Morti: :fidgets as he waits fot the others to catch up.:
[Sun Jul 29 01:05:52 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "All in? Good."
[Sun Jul 29 01:06:22 2007] : (124) DM: She steps forward through the gate, then looks around one last time, and slams it shut.
[Sun Jul 29 01:07:26 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "So if you could do that, why didnt you do it before?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:07:42 2007] : ** (125) Thom comes to a stop a few paces from the other side of the portal. "That's enough Sevis, let's set him down." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:08:06 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens drops Daelans feet **
[Sun Jul 29 01:08:44 2007] : ** (125) Thom collapses down where he sets Daelan. "Whew, he needs to go on a diet." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:08:46 2007] : (124) DM: You appear in the midst of a fallow field. You're not exactly sure where you are but you definitely know you're not in the vicinity of the Tomb any more. Also, it's highsun. It's as if not long has passed since you entered the sla-mori.
[Sun Jul 29 01:09:15 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai looks tiredly at Sevis. "I couldn't. It was only possible through the use of a ter'angreal." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:09:43 2007] : (125) Thom: "You mean while in that tomb?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:09:49 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Oh you found it here?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:09:51 2007] : ** (129) Morti looks around, wondering where they are now. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:09:54 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Channeling that much of the Power is dangerous and potentially life-threateening. I almost killed myself since it was the first time I had done it."
[Sun Jul 29 01:10:25 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Well thank you. So where did you take us?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:10:29 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens looks around **
[Sun Jul 29 01:11:02 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "I...I don't know. It seems as if we might be near Felanost, but I am not sure."
[Sun Jul 29 01:11:26 2007] : (129) Morti: "Felan-what?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:11:27 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai collapses to the ground. "Whatever happens, I must rest." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:11:29 2007] : (125) Zane: (GW): you forget how poorly Thom rolled his str check, that's what I am basing Thom's reaction on.
[Sun Jul 29 01:12:02 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Felanost. The gate-town that lies at the foot of the Bridge of Light that leads to Nith'Tar Valon."
[Sun Jul 29 01:12:23 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens shrugs "This looks like a safe place to rest at least." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:12:41 2007] : (125) Thom: "Sure, no problem. By the way, what happened to the two of you?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:12:56 2007] : (129) Morti: "Oh.. so how far are we from the city?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:13:21 2007] : (149) Farhymn (exit): 01:13
[Sun Jul 29 01:13:51 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Possibly no more than a day's travel." (sighs with exhaustion)
[Sun Jul 29 01:13:59 2007] : ** (129) Morti looks about the horizon for signs of civilization, smoke streams perhaps..? **
[Sun Jul 29 01:14:06 2007] : (150) Fairweather (enter): 01:14
[Sun Jul 29 01:14:15 2007] : (124) Drenla: "We visited a place...and sought answers."
[Sun Jul 29 01:14:34 2007] : (129) Morti: "What place?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:14:39 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Lets rest here for a while, seems like Rhian needs the rest"
[Sun Jul 29 01:14:41 2007] : (124) DM: A plume of smoke rises in the distance, white against the sky. ((yes))
[Sun Jul 29 01:14:42 2007] : ** (125) Thom glances at Drenla. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:15:11 2007] : (125) Thom: "She's not the only one, I don't like the idea of carrying Daelan for a whole day."
[Sun Jul 29 01:15:28 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "They are called the Aelfinn. They grant answers for a price. The price must be paid." (mutters)
[Sun Jul 29 01:15:31 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "No do I."
[Sun Jul 29 01:16:02 2007] : ** (125) Thom lays down in the meadow, listening to what is said, but enjoying being out of the tomb. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:16:16 2007] : (125) Thom: (( smoke ))
[Sun Jul 29 01:16:33 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "They are not evil like you would define good and evil, but they cannot be trusted."
[Sun Jul 29 01:17:27 2007] : (124) Drenla: "Fox-people garbed in yellow and orange robes with straps of leather hanging from their neck. And if you look closely at the leather, well, it should remind you of something familiar."
[Sun Jul 29 01:17:41 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Oh like those snake looking people we met in that other world?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:17:46 2007] : (124) Drenla: "I had thought them a legend but apparently they're not."
[Sun Jul 29 01:18:15 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "What snake people? Why didn't you tell me?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:18:37 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai glances sharply at Sevis, eyes like flint. "When was this?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:19:10 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens shrugs "You didnt ask. It was before we freed the God, they gave us some answers that helped us free him." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:19:33 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "If I remember corectly they seemed to be feeding on our memories or emotions"
[Sun Jul 29 01:19:36 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "I...see."
[Sun Jul 29 01:20:11 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Odd people, nice enough after a fasion."
[Sun Jul 29 01:20:28 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "If you call having your memories stolen 'nice'."
[Sun Jul 29 01:20:52 2007] : ** (124) Drenla sits down on the ground and meditates for a while. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:21:10 2007] : (129) Morti: :plops down to a tired seat: "OUr memories were stolen..? I don't remember that."
[Sun Jul 29 01:21:15 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "I dont think they stole them as in we no longer possess them"
[Sun Jul 29 01:21:39 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Regardless, I think that you should make plans to rest for a while as use of that ter'angreal was draining to me."
[Sun Jul 29 01:22:34 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): the +5 disappears next session
[Sun Jul 29 01:22:54 2007] : (133) Daelan: ok
[Sun Jul 29 01:23:00 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "More like new memories and experiances sustained them." ** shrugs and takes a seat to relax **
[Sun Jul 29 01:23:06 2007] : (125) Thom: "Yeah, they didn't really like my questions as I recall."
[Sun Jul 29 01:23:07 2007] : (129) Morti: "How far is Felonast?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:23:50 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "It could be an hour or it could be a day. We should know more by nightfall."
[Sun Jul 29 01:24:25 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai glances over at Thom. "Are you still intent on travelling with me to the City of the Tower?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:24:37 2007] : (129) Morti: (about how far away is the smoke plume, guesstimating..?)
[Sun Jul 29 01:24:51 2007] : (124) DM: ((an hour's walk perhaps))
[Sun Jul 29 01:25:00 2007] : (125) Thom: "We said we would take you there, and so we shall."
[Sun Jul 29 01:25:21 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai nods, satisfied apparently. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:25:46 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "And what will you do after?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:26:30 2007] : (125) Thom: "We continue on our quest. A visit to Caer was next."
[Sun Jul 29 01:26:31 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Head back to Dagda's Thumb"
[Sun Jul 29 01:27:35 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai nods, though more than a bit dissapointed. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:28:13 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "At least you should stay for a while, so that I may repay the hospitality and kindness you have shown me."
[Sun Jul 29 01:28:39 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Oh we will be staying for a while. I have alot of questions."
[Sun Jul 29 01:29:13 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Such as?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:29:37 2007] : (125) Thom: "If this was our time, I might look for an Aes Sedai, Vandene Sedai in fact. But this is not the time."
[Sun Jul 29 01:30:30 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "And what about Vandene?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:30:53 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): can't remember when I mentioned her
[Sun Jul 29 01:31:06 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): think she's a Green but I could be wrong
[Sun Jul 29 01:31:10 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "Many I have already asked you, but I also want to ask others of your orginization. Wouldnt mind chatting with your Warders either if I can find the time."
[Sun Jul 29 01:31:20 2007] : (125) Thom: "Maybe a short rest there, but we do need to keep moving. Who knows how much time has been lost between that goddess and her quest and this trip."
[Sun Jul 29 01:31:45 2007] : (125) Zane: According to Etienne, she was Blue.
[Sun Jul 29 01:31:47 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "A Warder...."
[Sun Jul 29 01:32:05 2007] : (125) Zane: She is the one that made Thom's father her warder.
[Sun Jul 29 01:32:09 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai seems pained and looks away, as if she's about to cry. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:32:24 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): ah
[Sun Jul 29 01:32:51 2007] : (125) Zane: yeah - thankfully I had the old digest saved, or I would never have remembered her name. ;-)
[Sun Jul 29 01:33:06 2007] : (127) Dj Gilcrease: Just a refersher Sevis' Plans for the White Tower
[Sun Jul 29 01:33:12 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "If it were not for you, I...I would be dead at the hands of that Shadowspawn. I...I thank you."
[Sun Jul 29 01:33:26 2007] : (125) Thom: "Vadene will know someone I know, but not for a number of years from now."
[Sun Jul 29 01:33:48 2007] : (150) Fairweather (exit): 01:33
[Sun Jul 29 01:33:50 2007] : ** (127) Sevis Goloens winces "Sorry, did not meant to bring the pain up for you." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:34:21 2007] : (125) Thom: "Of course. That is why we will keep going as well, we said we would see you safely to the White Tower."
[Sun Jul 29 01:35:26 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "If you will excuse me."
[Sun Jul 29 01:36:21 2007] : (124) DM: She turns away and wanders a few yards away, and sits on a fallen log, then huddles in misery.
[Sun Jul 29 01:36:42 2007] : ** (125) Thom sits up as he talks, as it is an easier position to talk in. Seeing Rhian execuse herself, he looks at Sevis. "What was that? It was a long time ago, or at least it seems like it, that we fought that creature. Why would she get so emotional about it now?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:37:30 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: "She said they were connected in some way"
[Sun Jul 29 01:37:41 2007] : ** (129) Morti speaks up somberly: "When you lose people you love.. the pain does not go away over night." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:37:48 2007] : (125) Thom: "Morti - you knew Rhian before I met up with you all. Think you could manage to talk to her? Or did you not really know her that well?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:38:04 2007] : (129) Morti: "It lingers.. and it.. well... lingers."
[Sun Jul 29 01:38:52 2007] : (129) Morti: :raises a scarf brow: "I could try.. but she doesn't know me very well yet."
[Sun Jul 29 01:39:41 2007] : (125) Thom: "Yeah, I guess. I guess it's never as simple as we would like, huh? Maybe not, but I was hoping that maybe you might know enough to help her relax. Did she enjoy your music or anything?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:40:34 2007] : ** (129) Morti shrugs, "I dunno." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:41:34 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sun Jul 29 01:41:39 2007] : ** (129) Morti stands slowly and moves over toward the sulking Aes Sedai, he hovers behind her in silence for a moment, before trying to speak, "M-miss Rhian..?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:42:06 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai seems to be sobbing. "Y...yes?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:43:12 2007] : ** (129) Morti freezes, having apparently not thought any further of what to say. He spends a moment mumbling before offering, "Is there... anything I can do to help?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:43:16 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "What can I do for you, Morti?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:44:01 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Noth--nothing right now. My thanks, however."
[Sun Jul 29 01:44:29 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai sniffles and stares off into space. "I miss him terribly." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:44:44 2007] : ** (125) Thom takes a moment to look over Daelan and make sure he is ok. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:44:49 2007] : ** (129) Morti gives a slight nod, and moves slowly over to take a seat on the leg a ways from her, leaning on his staff. "I know the feeling." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:45:17 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "It's difficult to explain. The bond severed. An emptiness that exists where before, all was complete."
[Sun Jul 29 01:45:40 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "There are times where I wish it was I instead of Davian."
[Sun Jul 29 01:46:18 2007] : ** (129) Morti groans, letting his head sag against the staff, "Then he would be the one suffering instead of you, no?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:47:08 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "The perils of taking the bond are great. Madness, sometimes death by one's own hand ensues."
[Sun Jul 29 01:47:38 2007] : ** (129) Morti turns to look to the woman sadly **
[Sun Jul 29 01:47:50 2007] : ** (124) Rhian Sedai nods and looks as if she might be about to cry. "Most Accepted do not take a bond until they are raised up to the Shawl. I was one of the few." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:48:26 2007] : (129) Morti: "Well.. why did you take it so early then?"
[Sun Jul 29 01:49:56 2007] : (152) No Name (enter): 01:49
[Sun Jul 29 01:50:21 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "We loved each other but did not wish to be separated for long. He was to be trained as a knight-errant at the court of the High King in service to the regent of Damrosil. I was to be sent in training to the court of the royal family of Wylund. I thought, well perhaps we could travel together. And at least we could have the pleasure of our company for a time."
[Sun Jul 29 01:50:47 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "But then, there was that gholam....and....and...."
[Sun Jul 29 01:51:20 2007] : (124) DM: She lapses into silence, tears running down her cheeks.
[Sun Jul 29 01:52:16 2007] : ** (129) Morti reaches out a tentative hand to her shoulder, "I'm sorry." **
[Sun Jul 29 01:53:07 2007] : (124) DM: "Vandene warned me about this when I was Tested during my trial of Acceptance."
[Sun Jul 29 01:53:21 2007] : (129) Morti: (by now it should be rather obvious how awkward the boy is socially.)
[Sun Jul 29 01:53:31 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Vandene warned me about this when I was Tested during my trial of Acceptance."
[Sun Jul 29 01:55:24 2007] : ** (129) Morti leads his head lull aside, watching her as she speaks. Noting the sorrow and regret, he tries to change the subject, "How did you meet him anyway?" **
[Sun Jul 29 01:55:55 2007] : ** (125) Thom draws out Ringrist and works on making sure the blade is completely clean, mainly from a lack of anything else to do at the moment. **
[Sun Jul 29 01:57:00 2007] : (152) No Name (exit): 01:57
[Sun Jul 29 01:57:01 2007] : (152) No Name (enter): 01:57
[Sun Jul 29 01:58:08 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "She said, 'You are washed clean of Rhiannon Raelene of Damrosil. You are washed clean of all ties that bind you to this world. You come to us washed clean, in heart and soul. You are Rhiannon Raelene, Accepted of the White Tower. You are sealed to us now. But the ceremony did not wash me clean of my love for Davian."
[Sun Jul 29 01:58:56 2007] : (129) Morti: "Didn't know love was dirty.. well.. not all of it..."
[Sun Jul 29 01:59:19 2007] : (125) Thom: (( now that is classic Morti. :-) ))
[Sun Jul 29 01:59:51 2007] : (152) No Name (exit): 01:59
[Sun Jul 29 02:00:16 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "We met in passing. I was a novice at the time, he a second elder prentice. He used to play pranks on Moira. Dipped her pigtails in ink until I stood up to him one day."
[Sun Jul 29 02:00:46 2007] : (124) DM: Her eyes take on a dreamy look as she reminices.
[Sun Jul 29 02:01:19 2007] : ** (129) Morti listens curiously, happy that she at least isn't sobbing so much anymore **
[Sun Jul 29 02:01:45 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "And how, how the time where he had claimed he misplaced his practice sword, only to find that it had been glued to the back of a vegetable cart." (giggles)
[Sun Jul 29 02:02:22 2007] : (129) Morti: :smirks: "Your doing..?"
[Sun Jul 29 02:02:48 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "I think we kept each other busy a few summers. Of course, I was careful not to get caught too much. A novice using the Power is punished for it." (winces in memory)
[Sun Jul 29 02:03:18 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "My doing. With a little help from Astari."
[Sun Jul 29 02:03:32 2007] : (129) Morti: Astari..?"
[Sun Jul 29 02:04:15 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: (( back, but starting to nod off, so I think I am gona hit the sack since I need to get up at 6am tomarrow ))
[Sun Jul 29 02:04:24 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "Oh! I keep forgetting you are unaware of my Sisters. Astari Sedai. You might meet her. A Yellow from what I hear and skilled in Healing."
[Sun Jul 29 02:04:36 2007] : (124) DM: (we can stop here then)
[Sun Jul 29 02:04:37 2007] : (125) Thom: (( k - later DJ ))
[Sun Jul 29 02:05:37 2007] : (125) Thom: (( go ahead and finish the little chat between Morti and Rhian, might as well ))
[Sun Jul 29 02:05:44 2007] : (127) Sevis Goloens: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jul 29 02:05:45 2007] : (127) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 02:05
[Sun Jul 29 02:07:10 2007] : ** (125) Thom tries to remove the hammer from Daelan's death grasp, in an attempt to allow the elf to rest easier. **
[Sun Jul 29 02:07:20 2007] : Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Jul 29 02:07:20 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
[Sun Jul 29 02:07:41 2007] : (129) Morti: "Ah.. so Aes Sedia do have fun.. I was afraid you were all boring and stuffy."
[Sun Jul 29 02:08:05 2007] : (124) Rhian Sedai: "We do...sometimes." (smiles faintly)
[Sun Jul 29 02:08:16 2007] : (148) Cael: (whispering): I just remembered, I've been meaning to ask if I could get your AIM screenname, I remember getting an email that mentioned one, but I never got a SN.
[Sun Jul 29 02:08:27 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): SobaAddict70
[Sun Jul 29 02:09:05 2007] : (124) DM: I think it's best if we stop here since Daelan is out cold lol.
[Sun Jul 29 02:09:13 2007] : (129) Morti: "Ah... only sometimes... Must be unclean."
[Sun Jul 29 02:09:19 2007] : (129) Morti: (agreed)
[Sun Jul 29 02:09:31 2007] : (148) Cael: (whispering): Thanks
[Sun Jul 29 02:09:33 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: and also I'm going to be setting up for next session wherein we introduce Jonathon's character
[Sun Jul 29 02:09:40 2007] : (125) Thom: (( oh, I was going to start posing his body in all kinds of embarassing positions. ))
[Sun Jul 29 02:09:46 2007] : (148) Cael: Woot
[Sun Jul 29 02:09:49 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: seems like a good place as any actually
[Sun Jul 29 02:10:10 2007] : (133) Daelan: atleast we should all be well rested
[Sun Jul 29 02:10:14 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: might need to coordinate by e-mail over the next few days so we can integrate things smoothly
[Sun Jul 29 02:10:20 2007] : (125) Thom: Yeah, we'll be getting to a city, so all kinds of possibilities. Any ideas on what the char is going to be yet?
[Sun Jul 29 02:10:46 2007] : (125) Zane: Well - you know that I check and reply to email regularly at least - so no problem. ;-)
[Sun Jul 29 02:11:07 2007] : (148) Cael: Not sure, been debating between the cleric and the druid, and I need to sit down with the druid to flesh out the backstory, but I've been leaning in that direction.
[Sun Jul 29 02:11:38 2007] : (125) Zane: elf, human, what?
[Sun Jul 29 02:11:49 2007] : (148) Cael: Green Elf is the race I've been looking at.
[Sun Jul 29 02:11:58 2007] : (133) Daelan: woohoo
[Sun Jul 29 02:12:01 2007] : (133) Daelan: another calen
[Sun Jul 29 02:12:02 2007] : (148) Cael: But I'll probably go over them once more to confirm that.
[Sun Jul 29 02:12:08 2007] : (125) Zane: great, another one. ;-)
[Sun Jul 29 02:12:12 2007] : (148) Cael: lol
[Sun Jul 29 02:12:27 2007] : (129) Morti: Well, at least Dael will be happy
[Sun Jul 29 02:12:42 2007] : (148) Cael: Its wierd, usually I come up with the early history of the character first, but for this druid, its gone completely backwards.
[Sun Jul 29 02:12:48 2007] : (125) Zane: Maybe you can prove to us that not all Green Elves are like Daelan then, that would be quite a feat.
[Sun Jul 29 02:13:04 2007] : (148) Cael: Is Daelen giving them a bad rap?
[Sun Jul 29 02:13:14 2007] : ** (124) TaliesinNYC whistles **
[Sun Jul 29 02:13:33 2007] : (133) Daelan: no
[Sun Jul 29 02:14:11 2007] : (125) Zane: depends on how typical he is... it might just be the truth of it. :-P
[Sun Jul 29 02:15:17 2007] : (148) Cael: I'm hoping I can bang out a summary-style backstory tomorrow afternoon and have that out to get some ideas back on it.
[Sun Jul 29 02:15:40 2007] : (148) Cael: OH!
[Sun Jul 29 02:15:45 2007] : (125) Zane: Cool, that would work.
[Sun Jul 29 02:15:51 2007] : (125) Zane: Pee!
[Sun Jul 29 02:15:55 2007] : (125) Zane: Que!
[Sun Jul 29 02:16:03 2007] : (125) Zane: Rrrr!
[Sun Jul 29 02:16:31 2007] : (148) Cael: Before I forget, the 11th of August, like 2 weeks I believe, I am in a wedding, it is in the afternoon, and I'm hoping I can cut out of the reception early to make it back here on time, but, I wanted to let you know.
[Sun Jul 29 02:16:48 2007] : (125) Zane: oh, ok
[Sun Jul 29 02:17:17 2007] : (148) Cael: I'll get you more specifics when it gets closer, but the groom didn't have us go in for tux fittings until 2 weeks ago, so... who knows when I'll have times.
[Sun Jul 29 02:17:29 2007] : (148) Cael: But, I wanted to give you fair warning.
[Sun Jul 29 02:17:44 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: np
[Sun Jul 29 02:17:59 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: for my players, rate tonight's session please
[Sun Jul 29 02:18:04 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: scale of 1 to 10 as usual
[Sun Jul 29 02:18:11 2007] : (125) Zane: fair enough, I'm sure we'll think of something. And it's likly that we will still be in the white tower that week.
[Sun Jul 29 02:18:12 2007] : (148) Cael: I should be back in time, seeing as the groom is one of the guys I usually play D&D with on campus, so, he'd understand.
[Sun Jul 29 02:18:17 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: and let me know what I could've done better
[Sun Jul 29 02:18:19 2007] : (125) Zane: At least - that's my guess.
[Sun Jul 29 02:18:44 2007] : (125) Zane: What to do better - let Thom remember the info about Ringrist. :)
[Sun Jul 29 02:18:54 2007] : (133) Daelan: a solid 8
[Sun Jul 29 02:19:52 2007] : (125) Zane: Seriously though: 9. I did feel a little cheated about the size of the tomb (OOC) and the little we got to explore.
[Sun Jul 29 02:19:53 2007] : (129) Morti: Stopping blowing up ancient citadels of power and their invaluable collections of knowledge. It makes Morti sad
[Sun Jul 29 02:21:54 2007] : (129) Morti: I guess if I have to rate... 8, the unwilling dimension jumps are getting old.
[Sun Jul 29 02:23:04 2007] : (125) Zane: Yeah - but we should have expected one this time, since it was how we got to the tomb and it was designed to move us somehow.
[Sun Jul 29 02:23:10 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: yes but I sort of was winging it
[Sun Jul 29 02:23:40 2007] : (125) Zane: really? ;-)
[Sun Jul 29 02:23:50 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: yes really
[Sun Jul 29 02:23:55 2007] : (148) Cael: Nothing wrong with winging it once in a while, I've seen great events happen when the DM was winging it.
[Sun Jul 29 02:24:12 2007] : (125) Zane: yeah, that was the wink... let's try that again:
[Sun Jul 29 02:24:15 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: no more dimension jumps for a while though
[Sun Jul 29 02:24:28 2007] : (125) Zane: really? *sarcasm dripping* :-)
[Sun Jul 29 02:24:35 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: seriously
[Sun Jul 29 02:25:07 2007] : (125) Zane: cool, Thom can use to keep his stomach from lurching for a while.
[Sun Jul 29 02:25:08 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: Rhian had her own reasons for coming here which you'll find out shortly
[Sun Jul 29 02:25:15 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: actually she hinted at one of them tonight
[Sun Jul 29 02:25:25 2007] : (125) Zane: For answers apparently
[Sun Jul 29 02:25:41 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: that was one of them
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:08 2007] : (125) Zane: Yeah. Well - enough spilers for tonight. :-P
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:09 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): thanks I guess
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:10 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: (GW): lol
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:14 2007] : (125) Zane: *spoilers
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:18 2007] : (148) Cael: I'll make sure to get you my character decision by Tuesday at the latest, though, I wouldn't be surprised if I decide tomorrow wheile working on backstories.
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:26 2007] : (148) Cael: while*
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:33 2007] : ** (124) TaliesinNYC waves to the silent QB **
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:40 2007] : (148) Cael: And I'd been doing so well on my spelling today.
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:49 2007] : (125) Zane: Just send an email, you'll get at least a couple of us discussing it.
[Sun Jul 29 02:26:55 2007] : (148) Cael: I'm sure
[Sun Jul 29 02:27:23 2007] : (148) Cael: I have no problem getting ideas from other people. Matter of fact, I'll probably work on part of it while at lunch with my buddy tomorrow.
[Sun Jul 29 02:27:44 2007] : (148) Cael: He's great for stuff like that. He's the one I co-DMed a game with.
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:16 2007] : (125) Zane: Sweet. Well, I'm gonna go watch Payback. Til later.
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:34 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: well if he's available for Fridayt
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:37 2007] : (148) Cael: Yep, I should hit the sack, later.
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:40 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: hint hint lol
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:42 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: later
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:46 2007] : (148) Cael: I'll ask him.
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:51 2007] : (125) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:53 2007] : (148) Cael: See ya
[Sun Jul 29 02:28:54 2007] : (125) Zane (exit): 02:28
[Sun Jul 29 02:29:01 2007] : (148) Cael: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jul 29 02:29:03 2007] : (148) Cael (exit): 02:29
[Sun Jul 29 02:29:13 2007] : (124) TaliesinNYC: ok, catch y'all next week
[Sun Jul 29 02:29:21 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jul 29 02:29:24 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms