Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Jul 14 22:43:47 2007] : (86) Zane (enter): 22:43

[Sat Jul 14 22:43:47 2007] : (86) Zane (enter): 22:43
[Sat Jul 14 22:43:58 2007] : (86) Zane: Well, we got three... :-)
[Sat Jul 14 22:44:34 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: with me late?
[Sat Jul 14 22:44:44 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (86) Zane...
[Sat Jul 14 22:44:52 2007] : (86) Zane: for you - this isn't really late/// ;-)
[Sat Jul 14 22:45:10 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: heh
[Sat Jul 14 22:45:20 2007] : (86) Zane: Hmm, they were both just there in the lobby. They should be here soon.
[Sat Jul 14 22:45:22 2007] : (85) Donovan (enter): 22:45
[Sat Jul 14 22:45:48 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (85) Donovan...
[Sat Jul 14 22:46:31 2007] : (86) Zane: If I remember correctly - we are at the red dot, yes?
[Sat Jul 14 22:47:59 2007] : (87) Lunauc (enter): 22:47
[Sat Jul 14 22:48:37 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (87) Lunauc...
[Sat Jul 14 22:48:40 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: yes
[Sat Jul 14 22:51:02 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: DJ isn't around?
[Sat Jul 14 22:51:16 2007] : (86) Zane: Haven't seen him
[Sat Jul 14 22:51:45 2007] : (87) Lunauc: just saw him a few hours ago. Didn't say anything about being late
[Sat Jul 14 22:51:50 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: hm
[Sat Jul 14 22:52:09 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: well give him until 11:15. that's 20 minutes, and if not, I'm calling it.
[Sat Jul 14 22:53:35 2007] : (86) Zane: Don't want to run it with just three of us?
[Sat Jul 14 22:53:45 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: I can't
[Sat Jul 14 22:54:17 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: I mean it's up to you
[Sat Jul 14 22:54:27 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: but I'd rather have 4
[Sat Jul 14 22:54:57 2007] : (86) Zane: Yeah, I understand that, but I also want to play. :-)
[Sat Jul 14 22:55:49 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: well check with D and L
[Sat Jul 14 22:55:57 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: and I'll set things up
[Sat Jul 14 22:56:32 2007] : (86) Zane: So? Are you two willing to try with just the three of us, if needed?
[Sat Jul 14 22:57:00 2007] : (85) Donovan: Hmm...
[Sat Jul 14 22:57:04 2007] : (87) Lunauc: If we're raiding a castle full of undead.. not really
[Sat Jul 14 22:57:07 2007] : (85) Donovan: As long as you're fine with being the decoy
[Sat Jul 14 22:57:11 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: I could
[Sat Jul 14 22:57:16 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: no comment
[Sat Jul 14 22:57:43 2007] : (86) Zane: Well - so far we've just seen the one sleeping dwarf, and avoided him (so far at least).
[Sat Jul 14 22:59:16 2007] : (86) Zane: But yeah - Thom is cool with taking the lead. After all, DJ wasn't _really_ around last week anyway, he was so out of it.
[Sat Jul 14 23:00:49 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: ok, well give me 10 min and we'll start
[Sat Jul 14 23:01:25 2007] : (85) Donovan: Daelan showed up last week too though
[Sat Jul 14 23:01:35 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: yes
[Sat Jul 14 23:02:22 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: hm
[Sat Jul 14 23:05:47 2007] : (60) Aerik (enter): 23:05
[Sat Jul 14 23:06:08 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (60) Daelan...
[Sat Jul 14 23:06:13 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: and speak of the devil
[Sat Jul 14 23:06:14 2007] : (85) Donovan: And here he is
[Sat Jul 14 23:06:31 2007] : (86) Zane: Yay - four players.
[Sat Jul 14 23:06:39 2007] : (60) Daelan: why is it everyone says that about me?
[Sat Jul 14 23:06:53 2007] : (85) Donovan: Because your name starts with a D
[Sat Jul 14 23:06:55 2007] : (86) Zane: Maybe it's your characters... ;-)
[Sat Jul 14 23:08:22 2007] : (60) Daelan: hey now Ian is far from the devil
[Sat Jul 14 23:08:49 2007] : (86) Zane: Or is he? What better way to hide than as a pally?
[Sat Jul 14 23:08:51 2007] : (85) Donovan: I heard the road to hell is paved with good intentions
[Sat Jul 14 23:09:43 2007] : (87) Lunauc: COmmon misconception. It's actually paved with a high density silicate
[Sat Jul 14 23:09:48 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: well someone sent me a Bob and an e-mail
[Sat Jul 14 23:09:56 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: so maybe we might get a player for this game
[Sat Jul 14 23:10:03 2007] : (86) Zane: Been down that road recently Lun?
[Sat Jul 14 23:10:09 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: Drew, you need to check your e-mail and let me know about Jonathon's Bob
[Sat Jul 14 23:10:30 2007] : (87) Lunauc: Have some family down there.
[Sat Jul 14 23:11:12 2007] : (85) Donovan: Visit them often?
[Sat Jul 14 23:11:20 2007] : (60) Daelan: I read someones bob,did not know who he is,thought it was for the friday game.
[Sat Jul 14 23:11:44 2007] : (87) Lunauc: oh yeah, read the Bob. The same old farmer's son thing was a it boring, but I did rather like the homespun hero depending on his friends thing.
[Sat Jul 14 23:11:57 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jul 14 23:11:58 2007] : (85) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I read the e-mails, actually. Looks really good. Repost because I needed fix my whisper grouping
[Sat Jul 14 23:14:04 2007] : (85) Donovan: I thought it was a neat way to send him to the army
[Sat Jul 14 23:14:10 2007] : (85) Donovan: And his family didn't all get slaughtered
[Sat Jul 14 23:14:37 2007] : (86) Zane: Yeah - I thought it wasn't quite the same old story.
[Sat Jul 14 23:14:54 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: ok, let's go then
[Sat Jul 14 23:14:59 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Jul 14 23:15:00 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Jul 14 23:15:06 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: interlude: ** (99) Thom continues as the corridor curves the opposite direction - opening up into an apparent courtyard. He passes by two closed, solid, engraved gold doors. **
(99) Thom: "There it goes again. I guess the random voice knows we are still around."
** (109) Daelan studies the engravings on the doors. **
** (99) Thom shortly returns to the gold doors, looking over them as well - but checking for any traps. **
(109) Daelan: " Loki and Quessir battling each other,tis a sad sight."
(110) Sevis Goloens: "Who is Loki?"
(109) Daelan: " Loki are what you call Drake."
(99) Thom: "So, nothing special though?"
(110) Sevis Goloens: "Ahh."
(101) DM: As Thom inspects the door -- there is a flash of light and the battle scene engraved on the door comes to life, as a sunrise drake makes a life-threatening plunge at a crimson drake, and hordes of elfkind exchange lethal sword blows against ilythi'iri.
(99) Thom: "Ok, that's rather interesting."
(110) Sevis Goloens: "Nice battle scene."
(101) DM: The figures freeze in place as suddenly as they came to life.
(99) Thom: "That's one way of keeping memories." he says, as he tries to open the doors.
(97) Atross: "It seems to tell the plight of Annoras, for whom this tomb was built. I wonder if there's one detailing his hope for peace."
(99) Thom: "Is Annoras pictured on here anywhere?"
(109) Daelan: " Perhaps he is the one who sleeps."
** (99) Thom opens the doors to expose what awaits beyond. **
** (109) Daelan looks around Thom **
(101) DM: This is a rather large room dominated by a moss-covered fountain. A still figure can be seen lying to one side.
** (99) Thom spins to the others, with a finger up to his lips, asking them all to remain quiet. **
(101) DM: You can barely make out a broad archway leading to the north.
(109) Daelan: " Something tells me if we enter the figure will awake."
(99) Thom: "Could be." Thom searches the doorway as best he can without entering the room, looking for any traps along it.
(99) Thom: "Ok, time to find out." Thom slowly enters the room, and moving as silently as he can, he makes his way forward. He does not directly approach the still figure, but heads to the side - hoping to get a better view.
(101) DM: It appears to be a dwarf. He seems to be ancient. He's asleep.
** (99) Thom continues past the dwarf towards archway to the north, moving to check it out. **
** (99) Thom tries to wave to the others, telling them to follow him. **
** (97) Atross follows Thom's route around the mossy mound of the fountain to hopefully leave the sleeping dwarf lie. **
** (109) Daelan follows behind Atross,his bow still at the ready,moving as quiet as he can. **
** (105) Morti follows along (since I'm not sure what's going on) **
** (99) Thom watches the others cross the room, keeping an eye on the sleeping dwarf, hoping he remains asleep. **
** (99) Thom passes through the archway into the other room as the others approach. **

[Sat Jul 14 23:15:56 2007] : ** (86) Thom moves on into the large room, scanning the alcoves, trying to keep both side walls in view through the haze. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:17:42 2007] : ** (85) Atross hangs out at the archway watching behind in case someone, or something, tries to sneak up in the thick mist. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:18:51 2007] : (90) DM: The hallway beyond is lined with niches, each of which appears to hold a statue of a dwarf.
[Sat Jul 14 23:19:10 2007] : (90) DM: The purple haze continues...
[Sat Jul 14 23:19:20 2007] : (90) DM: ...and elsewhere in the tomb, a gong sounds.
[Sat Jul 14 23:19:45 2007] : ** (86) Thom mutters quietly. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:20:52 2007] : (87) Morti: (that seems familiar)
[Sat Jul 14 23:21:17 2007] : ** (86) Thom continues north (?) past the niches, seeing what lies on the other end of the room. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:21:35 2007] : ** (60) Daelan continues to move forward quietly,his bow at the ready. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:22:07 2007] : ** (87) Morti sticks between Daal and Thom as they go. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:23:44 2007] : ** (85) Atross slowly brings up the rear guard, rather than get left behind in this fog. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:24:35 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jul 14 23:24:35 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): Not sure if I notice the passageway off this room or not. If not, I keep going all the way to the end, where the other rooms are to the left.
[Sat Jul 14 23:24:49 2007] : (60) Daelan: " You would think the constant ringing of the gong would wake those that slumber."
[Sat Jul 14 23:25:19 2007] : (86) Thom: "Let's just be glad it doesn't.
[Sat Jul 14 23:25:27 2007] : (87) Morti: :shrugs as they go: "Maybe it keeps them asleep instead."
[Sat Jul 14 23:26:08 2007] : (85) Atross: "Maybe they're not really sleeping in the first place."
[Sat Jul 14 23:26:21 2007] : (85) Atross: (whispering): (GW): It had to be said.
[Sat Jul 14 23:26:33 2007] : (60) Daelan: " That could be Morti,though they are dwarves,and little is known about how it is they sleep,I do know they like to drink."
[Sat Jul 14 23:26:38 2007] : (87) Morti: :nods: "Maybe."
[Sat Jul 14 23:26:41 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sat Jul 14 23:27:11 2007] : (90) DM: (need to read something brb)
[Sat Jul 14 23:28:46 2007] : (60) Daelan: ( I am guessing the red dot is us)
[Sat Jul 14 23:29:02 2007] : (86) Thom: (( where we started - yes ))
[Sat Jul 14 23:31:35 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's an archway to the west where the four block things are
[Sat Jul 14 23:31:41 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and as usual, you can't see inside
[Sat Jul 14 23:31:57 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and a door (closed) to the east of where the red dot is
[Sat Jul 14 23:32:09 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): double doors, gold
[Sat Jul 14 23:32:19 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and no traps apparently...
[Sat Jul 14 23:33:32 2007] : ** (86) Thom continues heading down the hallway, reaching an archway to the left. "Saw some doors back there, but I want to check this out first," he tells the others before passing through the archway. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:35:00 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): ok - I'll keep that in mind when I get back to the doors. Oh yeah - in case you forgot, since it has been a while, Thom has the Amazing Luck feat. So, I usually save the reroll for a 1 on open lock, disable device, or search for traps. Just let me know if I roll a 1.
[Sat Jul 14 23:36:50 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): j
[Sat Jul 14 23:36:53 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Jul 14 23:37:22 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): so - what's in the room with the columns?
[Sat Jul 14 23:37:39 2007] : (90) DM: You can hear his voice echoing from down the archway (to the north). He's not visible in the haze.
[Sat Jul 14 23:37:42 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): or am I going too fast again? ;-)
[Sat Jul 14 23:37:52 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ^^
[Sat Jul 14 23:38:59 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): this appears to be a banquet hall
[Sat Jul 14 23:39:03 2007] : ** (87) Morti follows after Thom, trying not to lose his trail, while holding the flaming staff high as a beacon so others don't lose him easily in the fog. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:39:19 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's set up for a fine feast. Several place settings are empty.
[Sat Jul 14 23:39:45 2007] : ** (60) Daelan follows along,his eyes scanning the floor and the area around him. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:40:01 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as you explore the hall, there's an archway that leads to the west. (Gradually through the mists)
[Sat Jul 14 23:40:04 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): great - another feast in a place we hagically portalled to... And I thought the d'Amberville's were bad enough.
[Sat Jul 14 23:40:16 2007] : (95) Xeriar (enter): 23:40
[Sat Jul 14 23:40:21 2007] : (60) Daelan: " This does not bode well,this haze is a good way to mask yourself."
[Sat Jul 14 23:40:43 2007] : (90) DM: Delicious aromas waft down the corridor where Thom disappeared to.
[Sat Jul 14 23:41:11 2007] : (85) Atross: "Now this is familiar."
[Sat Jul 14 23:41:16 2007] : ** (87) Morti grimaces at Dale's warning, hlding tight to the staff **
[Sat Jul 14 23:41:55 2007] : (86) Thom: "Doesn't anyone use something besides food to lure in visitors?"
[Sat Jul 14 23:41:55 2007] : ** (60) Daelan follows the scent trail **
[Sat Jul 14 23:41:56 2007] : (85) Atross: "Good news though, Morti. If there's food then there can be living inhabitants."
[Sat Jul 14 23:42:32 2007] : (90) DM: As you head down the northern corridor, niches on either side of the corridor can be seen (barely). Within each alcove or niche is a statue of a dwarf. A pair of golden double doors stands closed to your right.
[Sat Jul 14 23:43:03 2007] : (86) Thom: (( that's the room we started in, btw ))
[Sat Jul 14 23:43:08 2007] : (95) Xeriar (exit): 23:43
[Sat Jul 14 23:43:47 2007] : ** (87) Morti eyes the dwarf statues in passing, wondering if each is the same, or each it's own individula dwarf **
[Sat Jul 14 23:46:10 2007] : ** (60) Daelan counts the statues as he passes them. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:46:11 2007] : (85) Atross: "Anyone know why there's a dwarf motif in this place? It's not what I'd expect in a floating tomb."
[Sat Jul 14 23:46:40 2007] : (87) Morti: "Dwarfs built it maybe."
[Sat Jul 14 23:47:00 2007] : whispering to Daelan, about seven on each side
[Sat Jul 14 23:47:14 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): pass by the food, checking the rest of the room.
[Sat Jul 14 23:47:44 2007] : (85) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I'd expect mostly flying buttresses, actually.
[Sat Jul 14 23:48:35 2007] : (60) Daelan: " That may be Morti,there is a company of them standing at our sides right now."
[Sat Jul 14 23:50:37 2007] : (87) Morti: :to thom: "Are we going through the big gold doors?"
[Sat Jul 14 23:51:11 2007] : ** (60) Daelan studies the golden doors as he did the others when they first entered. **
[Sat Jul 14 23:51:48 2007] : (86) Thom: "Want to make sure there's no other way out on the other side of this banquet first. They were closed, this area is open."
[Sat Jul 14 23:52:38 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): LOL
[Sat Jul 14 23:52:48 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's an archway leading west
[Sat Jul 14 23:52:57 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Morti eventually stumbles inside the feast hall
[Sat Jul 14 23:53:00 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): pass though it as well.
[Sat Jul 14 23:53:23 2007] : (90) DM: Thom's voice echoes down the hall as if coming from a distance away
[Sat Jul 14 23:53:35 2007] : (90) DM: (remember that visibility is limited to 10' in all directions)
[Sat Jul 14 23:54:14 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're out on a balcony overlooking the clearing below
[Sat Jul 14 23:56:05 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): hmm... yeah, I spit over the edge, trying to watch it all the way down.
[Sat Jul 14 23:56:07 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's later in the morning
[Sat Jul 14 23:56:38 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There appears to be a battle in progress below
[Sat Jul 14 23:56:42 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the tomb
[Sat Jul 14 23:56:49 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as in a major battle
[Sat Jul 14 23:56:54 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): major major battle
[Sat Jul 14 23:57:06 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): does it look like the one on the door?
[Sat Jul 14 23:57:07 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): none see you or notice you but it's definitely disconcerting
[Sat Jul 14 23:57:13 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sat Jul 14 23:58:05 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): then, time to head back in. Maybe that loogie will hit a bad guy, allowing him to be killed and turning the tide of the war, huh? ;-)
[Sat Jul 14 23:58:22 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the time of day is clearly different as are your surroundings. there is less forest than there was when you first saw your changed surroundings but more forest than there was when you entered the tomb
[Sat Jul 14 23:58:26 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heheh
[Sat Jul 14 23:58:46 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jul 14 23:58:46 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): I study the golden doors if there is a mosiac on them.
[Sat Jul 14 23:58:47 2007] : (85) Atross: "I'm going to keep an eye on Thom. Keep your eyes open back here."
[Sat Jul 14 23:59:23 2007] : ** (86) Thom calls back to the others. "Nothing this way, except more of that battle we saw. Very very strange..." **
[Sat Jul 14 23:59:49 2007] : ** (85) Atross circles the room, following the wall past the golden door, to find the archway Thom probably used and tries to catch up to him. **

[Sun Jul 15 00:00:11 2007] : ** (86) Thom returns to the others, passing by the foor once again, ignoring it as best he can. **
[Sun Jul 15 00:00:23 2007] : (86) Thom: (( *food ))
[Sun Jul 15 00:01:27 2007] : (86) Thom: "Hey Atross," he says when he runs into the man. "I am starting to think we are outside time again."
[Sun Jul 15 00:04:08 2007] : (85) Atross: "What makes you say that?"
[Sun Jul 15 00:04:33 2007] : (86) Thom: "I'll explain more when we rejoin the others." Thom then leads the archer back the way they cam, passing by, and collecting, Morti before moving to where Daelan was waiting, near the second set of gold double doors.
[Sun Jul 15 00:05:05 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Jul 15 00:05:18 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): more of the same battle scenes between elf and elf, and drakes
[Sun Jul 15 00:07:37 2007] : (86) Thom: "Ok, so when we got to the lake, the forest was largely destroyed, not much too it, for a forest. Then, from the window in that first room - the forest was very full, and the time of the day appeared different. Now, there is a balcony over past that banquet, from which I saw a battle that looked alot like the battle scene on the first set of doors. From the balcony, the forest was somewhere between the two extreames."
[Sun Jul 15 00:10:40 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Perhaps each room shows a different scene Thom."
[Sun Jul 15 00:12:39 2007] : (86) Thom: "Perhaps. Or perhaps it has to do with the ability of this place to move us through space. I don't know, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Anyway, let's carry on." Thom makes a search of the gold doorways for any traps.
[Sun Jul 15 00:12:45 2007] : (85) Atross: "The question, I think, is what does that mean for time inside the tomb."
[Sun Jul 15 00:15:02 2007] : (86) Thom: "That too. There is nothing we can do now anyways, but keep your eyes open."
[Sun Jul 15 00:15:10 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Who is to say Atross,questions like those tend to make one think of more than they should at the time."
[Sun Jul 15 00:15:50 2007] : ** (86) Thom stands up and opens the second set of gold doors, having found nothing on his search. **
[Sun Jul 15 00:16:15 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): Finally got to the doors... :-)
[Sun Jul 15 00:16:49 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19 ] => [4,19] = (23)
[Sun Jul 15 00:17:02 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there seems to be no traps
[Sun Jul 15 00:17:27 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): yeah, you had said that earier, so I already went on that assumption...
[Sun Jul 15 00:18:03 2007] : ** (60) Daelan moves back to allow Thom room to work,then glances around the area once the doors are opened. **
[Sun Jul 15 00:22:06 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): how does the next corridor room appear?
[Sun Jul 15 00:22:45 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah!
[Sun Jul 15 00:22:52 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not so fast young grasshopper
[Sun Jul 15 00:22:58 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): reading something
[Sun Jul 15 00:22:59 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): lol
[Sun Jul 15 00:22:59 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): brb
[Sun Jul 15 00:23:14 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): k, just hadn't heard anything so I wasn't sure.
[Sun Jul 15 00:26:22 2007] : (90) DM: As Thom sets his hand on the knob, a voice speaks aloud, first in dwarven, then in Common:
[Sun Jul 15 00:26:25 2007] : (90) DM: interlude: "I am the teeth of the mouth of the earth
Darkness and water attended my birth
Softly and slowly extended in time
Name me and know me, solving this rhyme."

[Sun Jul 15 00:26:34 2007] : (97) QB (enter): 00:26
[Sun Jul 15 00:26:42 2007] : (97) QB (exit): 00:26
[Sun Jul 15 00:28:08 2007] : ** (60) Daelan looks at the others," Great more riddles." **
[Sun Jul 15 00:28:34 2007] : ** (86) Thom releases the knob as the voice begins, and then turns to the others. "Why is it always a riddle? My first thought is those rock formations in caves." **
[Sun Jul 15 00:31:57 2007] : (85) Atross: "I'm guessing we're stalling because the door isn't opening?"
[Sun Jul 15 00:32:52 2007] : (90) DM: The door opens and reveals a corridor much like the one you're in. No purple haze can be seen here. At the end of the corridor are a pair of double doors, this time in platinum.
[Sun Jul 15 00:32:54 2007] : (86) Thom: "Well, I didn't even try to fully open it after that riddle. I figured that it would be best to answer it before trying to open the door."
[Sun Jul 15 00:33:05 2007] : (60) Daelan: " The door is not opening since we have to solve this riddle Atross."
[Sun Jul 15 00:33:30 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): Thom didn't actually open the door physically, right? Just making sure.
[Sun Jul 15 00:33:37 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): correct
[Sun Jul 15 00:33:39 2007] : (60) Daelan: ( oh then disregard my last statement)
[Sun Jul 15 00:33:43 2007] : (85) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I'm not acting like that's my fault, mkay?
[Sun Jul 15 00:34:30 2007] : (86) Thom: "Uh, I guess I was right." Thom shrugs and heads through the doors, checking for traps as he goes.
[Sun Jul 15 00:35:24 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19
[Sun Jul 15 00:35:31 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19 ] => [20,19] = (39)
[Sun Jul 15 00:35:46 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as far as you can determine, there are no traps...
[Sun Jul 15 00:36:11 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): the proceed to the platinum doors, and check them over.
[Sun Jul 15 00:36:31 2007] : ** (60) Daelan steps into the doorway,his bow covering Thom as he heads down the hallway. **
[Sun Jul 15 00:37:44 2007] : ** (86) Thom proceeds down the hallway, heading for the platinum doors. **
[Sun Jul 15 00:37:52 2007] : (90) DM: These doors are different from the others in that they're made of platinum. A different mosaic can be seen on them as well.
[Sun Jul 15 00:39:28 2007] : ** (60) Daelan stops near the doors as he studies these doors as well. **
[Sun Jul 15 00:39:55 2007] : ** (86) Thom searches the doors as well, in his own way. **
[Sun Jul 15 00:40:09 2007] : (90) DM: A man and a woman, both human, each holding half of a circle, the man -- a darkened half, the woman, a semicircle bathed in light. Elves, dwarves and drakes in harmony form a border around the design.
[Sun Jul 15 00:41:10 2007] : (86) Thom: "From an epic fight, to perfect harmony?"
[Sun Jul 15 00:41:20 2007] : (60) Daelan: " First dwarves now Humans."
[Sun Jul 15 00:42:08 2007] : (87) Morti: :shrug: "At least it's peaceful.. for now."
[Sun Jul 15 00:43:27 2007] : (60) Daelan: " How can there be peace with Humans leading the way,that is just unheard of in this time or any,am I not correct."
[Sun Jul 15 00:44:54 2007] : (86) Thom: "Maybe this is an image of your future."
[Sun Jul 15 00:45:02 2007] : (85) Atross: "Perhaps this door represents the builder's hope."
[Sun Jul 15 00:45:52 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Perhaps your future Thom,but not mine of that I am sure."
[Sun Jul 15 00:46:11 2007] : (86) Thom: "We'll see," he says with a smile.
[Sun Jul 15 00:46:58 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): any traps?
[Sun Jul 15 00:49:17 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there don't seem to be any
[Sun Jul 15 00:49:19 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Humans leading the way towards peace."
[Sun Jul 15 00:49:53 2007] : (60) Daelan: " That is as unheard of as a pretty Orc."
[Sun Jul 15 00:50:36 2007] : (86) Thom: "It's amazing what the future can hold." he says, as he opens the platinum doors.
[Sun Jul 15 00:52:01 2007] : (90) DM: A female voice speaks first in dwarven, then in Common...
[Sun Jul 15 00:52:06 2007] : (90) DM: riddle: "Twas whispered in Heaven, 'twas muttered in hell,
And echo caught faintly the sound as it fell;
On the confines of earth 'twas permitted to rest,
And in the depths of the ocean its presence confes'd;
'Twill be found in the sphere when 'tis riven asunder,
Be seen in the lightning and heard in the thunder;
'Twas allotted to man with his earliest breath,
Attends him at birth and awaits him at death,
Presides o'er his happiness, honor and health,
Is the prop of his house, and the end of his wealth.
In the heaps of the miser 'tis hoarded with care,
But is sure to be lost on his prodigal heir;
It begins every hope, every wish it must bound,
With the husbandman toils, and with monarchs is crowned;
Without it the soldier and seaman may roam,
But woe to the wretch who expels it from home!
In the whispers of conscience its voice will be found,
Nor e'er in the whirlwind of passion be drowned;
'Twill soften the heart; but though deaf be the ear,
It will make him acutely and instantly hear.
Set in shade, let it rest like a delicate flower;
Ah! Breathe on it softly, it dies in an hour."

[Sun Jul 15 00:54:20 2007] : (60) Daelan: " The future,no one can tell the future other than the obvious,one day you will die.''
[Sun Jul 15 00:55:28 2007] : (86) Thom: "Unless one has been in the future. Now, this riddle is a headache."
[Sun Jul 15 00:55:47 2007] : (85) Atross: "I don't suppose it's gold? That would be convenient."
[Sun Jul 15 00:58:38 2007] : (60) Daelan: " This one sounds familiar for some reason."
[Sun Jul 15 01:00:56 2007] : (60) Daelan: " It is not gold."
[Sun Jul 15 01:01:15 2007] : (85) Atross: "Except for ice, or snow, I would think it must be something like a dream or purpose."
[Sun Jul 15 01:01:34 2007] : (86) Thom: "I was thinking power, but it doesn't fit half of it."
[Sun Jul 15 01:02:52 2007] : (60) Daelan: " It is something like hope or faith,the answer is in those things."
[Sun Jul 15 01:03:46 2007] : (90) DM: The doors open....
[Sun Jul 15 01:04:36 2007] : (90) DM: The corridor continues to yet a third pair of double doors.
[Sun Jul 15 01:04:40 2007] : ** (60) Daelan brings his bow up as the doors open **
[Sun Jul 15 01:04:53 2007] : (85) Atross: "Gotta think of something dwarfish, though. Like rocks, dirt, darkness, anything hidden beneath the ground..."
[Sun Jul 15 01:04:58 2007] : (90) DM: This time, crafted from crystal. No purple haze can be seen.
[Sun Jul 15 01:05:01 2007] : (86) Thom: "Must have been hope, I guess." Thom continues to the next set of doors, checking them over for any traps as well.
[Sun Jul 15 01:05:13 2007] : ** (85) Atross trails off as the doors open. **
[Sun Jul 15 01:05:48 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Perhaps the answer is in the mosiac on the door."
[Sun Jul 15 01:06:59 2007] : (86) Thom: "Good idea, we can keep that in mind for the next one."
[Sun Jul 15 01:07:41 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19 ] => [9,19] = (28)
[Sun Jul 15 01:08:00 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There doesn't seem to be any traps...
[Sun Jul 15 01:08:52 2007] : ** (60) Daelan follows Thom as they near the next set of doors,he studies the mosiac on this door too. **
[Sun Jul 15 01:08:53 2007] : (86) Thom: "Let's see what riddle they have this time," he says as he finishes his search. This time, Thom just reaches out and touches the knob to the door, not bothering to try to open it.
[Sun Jul 15 01:12:48 2007] : (90) Voice: "Who comes?"
[Sun Jul 15 01:13:09 2007] : ** (85) Atross whispers, "That's not a riddle." **
[Sun Jul 15 01:14:46 2007] : ** (86) Thom looks back to the others for a second before turning to the door and saying, "I mourn for Annoras." **
[Sun Jul 15 01:15:11 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): it worked once, maybe it will again.
[Sun Jul 15 01:15:30 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I am Daelan of the Calen Quessir."
[Sun Jul 15 01:15:40 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): that - or they will think that is my name, I'm foreign, Imournforannoras.
[Sun Jul 15 01:17:14 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Jul 15 01:17:27 2007] : (90) DM: Nothing happens.
[Sun Jul 15 01:18:19 2007] : (85) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Two things: Is there a mosaic on this door set too? And...
[Sun Jul 15 01:18:33 2007] : (85) Atross: "We come in peace, as friends."
[Sun Jul 15 01:18:41 2007] : (86) Thom: (( any mosaic here? ))
[Sun Jul 15 01:18:52 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The banner of a drake, flying in the wind.
[Sun Jul 15 01:19:06 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The banner of a drake, flying in the wind.
[Sun Jul 15 01:19:53 2007] : (90) Voice: "A quessir has not set foot in this place for much of an Age. And what of the pact between the People and the Tower?"
[Sun Jul 15 01:20:01 2007] : ** (86) Thom looks over the banner mosaic, but gets no ideas. **
[Sun Jul 15 01:21:29 2007] : (60) Daelan: " That depends on the tower,we hold no alliances with any tower,though we do tollerate a few."
[Sun Jul 15 01:23:34 2007] : ** (85) Atross whispers aside, "That could be what that hope mosaic represents. It does remind me of Rhiann's White Tower symbols." **
[Sun Jul 15 01:25:52 2007] : (90) Voice: "If the pact has been broken, then why have you come?"
[Sun Jul 15 01:27:32 2007] : (86) Thom: Yeah, why is Daelan here?"
[Sun Jul 15 01:31:27 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I come seeking aide in the slaying of Shaitan."
[Sun Jul 15 01:31:47 2007] : (85) Atross: "We are here in specific because time is of grave importance."
[Sun Jul 15 01:33:55 2007] : (90) Voice: "None of you wield the Power yet you come here seeking that which uses it. If you are worthy, then enter."
[Sun Jul 15 01:34:57 2007] : (86) Thom: "Yeah, we kinda misplaced our wielders, but thanks for the invite." Thom then opens the doors.
[Sun Jul 15 01:36:00 2007] : (90) Voice: "Only the quessir may pass."
[Sun Jul 15 01:37:00 2007] : (86) Thom: "Well then, I guess the green elves were a beter choice than this way after all. I never would have believed that we could find some with worse manners."
[Sun Jul 15 01:37:30 2007] : (85) Atross: "It doesn't sound like it has to do with manners."
[Sun Jul 15 01:38:03 2007] : ** (60) Daelan enters the room **
[Sun Jul 15 01:38:08 2007] : (90) Voice: "This tomb was built in honor of Annoras who gave his life so that the People would hold this land in trust, in preparation for when He Who Reigns From the East shall come again."
[Sun Jul 15 01:38:23 2007] : (86) Thom: "Probably not, just figured I'd try to bait whoever was talking, since this is not one of those magical recordings."
[Sun Jul 15 01:38:38 2007] : (90) DM: The doors open to reveal a pit bathed in ruby light.
[Sun Jul 15 01:39:18 2007] : (90) DM: A ledge stands overlooking the pit, which is crossed by a bridge crafted from crystal. The bridge is barely visible and appears to be suspended in midair.
[Sun Jul 15 01:39:28 2007] : ** (86) Thom looks at the sight beyond the door. "Then again, maybe it is best that Daelan goes first." **
[Sun Jul 15 01:39:38 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Well the time will soon call for him to rise once more."
[Sun Jul 15 01:40:06 2007] : (90) DM: Above the bridge, several hundred feet in the air is a crystalline hammer that very occasionally strikes a gong suspended alongside from it. This is the source of the gong clanging you heard earlier.
[Sun Jul 15 01:41:18 2007] : ** (60) Daelan steps to the ledge and looks into the pit,then steps onto the bridge,walking to the center of the bridge,stopping to look up at the hammer. **
[Sun Jul 15 01:41:19 2007] : (90) Voice: "If you are worthy, O Quessir, cross the bridge and claim your prize. Use the Hammer of Annoras well to aid in defeat of the Dark One."
[Sun Jul 15 01:41:54 2007] : (90) DM: As Daelan sets foot on the bridge, it begins to tip ever so slightly forward and down...
[Sun Jul 15 01:42:22 2007] : (90) DM: The pit does not appear to have a bottom...
[Sun Jul 15 01:42:43 2007] : (90) DM: ...or more accurately, the bottom of the pit is the clearing floor, five hundred feet below.
[Sun Jul 15 01:42:46 2007] : (85) Atross: "I think this is probably my last opportunity to suggest looking for another path."
[Sun Jul 15 01:44:06 2007] : (90) DM: (so you might want to reconsider or come up with an alternate plan, for each step he takes causes the bridge to tip that much more forward and down...)
[Sun Jul 15 01:45:03 2007] : (86) Thom: "You know what you are doing Daelan?"
[Sun Jul 15 01:45:24 2007] : ** (60) Daelan steps off the bridge as he looks around the room. **
[Sun Jul 15 01:45:57 2007] : ** (86) Thom looks mack to Morti. "Hey Morti, can Daelan borrow your boots there?" **
[Sun Jul 15 01:46:02 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Well the hammer is in here,but to get to it,one must cross this bridge."
[Sun Jul 15 01:46:03 2007] : (86) Thom: (( *back ))
[Sun Jul 15 01:46:33 2007] : (86) Thom: (( if we haven't lost Lunauc ))
[Sun Jul 15 01:47:48 2007] : (86) Thom: (( quick smoke while Daelan figures this out. ))
[Sun Jul 15 01:48:47 2007] : ** (60) Daelan brings his bow up and takes aim at the gong,firing one shot in hopes it will knock the hammer down. **
[Sun Jul 15 01:49:12 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll to hit
[Sun Jul 15 01:49:44 2007] : (85) Atross: "Maybe it needs a weight on the other end of the bridge to hold it down. I wonder how they get it to do that."
[Sun Jul 15 01:52:03 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): [1d20+16+2+2 ] => [10,16,2,2] = (30)
[Sun Jul 15 01:53:40 2007] : (86) Thom: "But wouldn't a weight on the far end just make the bridge tip all the way over?"
[Sun Jul 15 01:54:03 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): your arrow strikes the gong but doesn't release the hammer
[Sun Jul 15 01:54:33 2007] : (86) Thom: (( so, when Daelan stepped on it, did that end go down or up? ))
[Sun Jul 15 01:54:45 2007] : (85) Atross: ((Or stay the same level?))
[Sun Jul 15 01:54:52 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the hammer is suspended from what, you're not certain given that the light within the tower which holds the pit bathes all in an unearthly ruby glow
[Sun Jul 15 01:55:08 2007] : (85) Atross: (whispering): (GW): There's a diagram, actually, that I think is probably for the bridge.
[Sun Jul 15 01:55:12 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): every so often, a wind blows that causes it to strike a gong
[Sun Jul 15 01:55:44 2007] : (90) DM: ((when he stepped on it, the opposite end tipped forward and down))
[Sun Jul 15 01:55:58 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): I try to hit the hammer once more.
[Sun Jul 15 01:56:23 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): [1d20+16+2+2 ] => [20,16,2,2] = (40)
[Sun Jul 15 01:56:32 2007] : (86) Thom: (( so it would have raised him up, but at the risk of sliding 'forward', heading down, yes? ))
[Sun Jul 15 02:00:43 2007] : (90) DM: ((yes))
[Sun Jul 15 02:01:48 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): did I hit the hammer this time?
[Sun Jul 15 02:02:36 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the hammer snaps free and crashes down on the bridge, causing it to tip dangerously forward
[Sun Jul 15 02:03:25 2007] : (90) DM: Daelan shoots at the cord that holds the hammer suspended, causing the hammer to crash on the center of the bridge and making it tip dangerously forward...
[Sun Jul 15 02:03:26 2007] : (86) Thom: "Maybe we could tie a rope to this end of the bridge, and ancor it so that it can't raise up, keeping the bridge fairly level."
[Sun Jul 15 02:03:40 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Reflex
[Sun Jul 15 02:04:50 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): Reflex: [1d20+9+2 ] => [6,9,2] = (17)
[Sun Jul 15 02:04:56 2007] : ** (86) Thom pulls out a rope from his pack quickly, tossing one end to Daelan. "Tie that end to the bridge." He then looks for something to tie the other end to, to secure it. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:05:56 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): Don't know what kind of bridge it is, or if it will work at all - but it's an option - and no one else has had a decent one yet...
[Sun Jul 15 02:06:36 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Well now that it is down,perhaps I could just lasso it and pull it off the bridge."
[Sun Jul 15 02:08:15 2007] : (86) Thom: "Sure, if you want to try that, I was just thinking of securing the bridge. It's up to you then." Thom tosses the rest of the rope into the room to Daelan.
[Sun Jul 15 02:10:24 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Perhaps one of you has a grappling hook.''
[Sun Jul 15 02:10:45 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's not really a bridge but a weighted platform
[Sun Jul 15 02:10:50 2007] : (90) DM: He slips and falls to the edge, barely hanging on.
[Sun Jul 15 02:11:33 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): ahh, thought it might be something like that. like I said - it was the only idea I had, besides needing the sleeping Lunuac. :-)
[Sun Jul 15 02:12:22 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): am I hanging onto the bridge or the ledge?
[Sun Jul 15 02:12:34 2007] : (85) Atross: "How about just tying the rope to Daelan so he doesn't fall?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:12:41 2007] : (86) Thom: "Daelan, be careful!" Thom looks up to the doorframe. "I am Thom of Highkeep, seeking to enter to aid my Quessir companion."
[Sun Jul 15 02:15:33 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the ledge
[Sun Jul 15 02:16:06 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he's sleeping?
[Sun Jul 15 02:16:22 2007] : (90) DM: There is no reaction.
[Sun Jul 15 02:16:25 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): well - he's not responding, so I guess he is.
[Sun Jul 15 02:17:14 2007] : (86) Thom: "Stupid talking doorways." Thom calls back to Daelan. "Looks like you are on your own, so be careful."
[Sun Jul 15 02:18:14 2007] : ** (60) Daelan slowly tries to inch his way out of the rim. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:18:35 2007] : (87) Morti: (argh.. stupid super comfy chair! second week in a row I fell asleep at the keyboard!)
[Sun Jul 15 02:18:45 2007] : (85) Atross: "Look on the bright side, even if you leave the mallet there, at least the gong will stop ringing."
[Sun Jul 15 02:19:11 2007] : (86) Thom: (( I knew it. Told you he fell asleep. :-) ))
[Sun Jul 15 02:19:31 2007] : (87) Morti: (:hangs head in shame.. comfy, comfy shame)
[Sun Jul 15 02:21:48 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): I slowly inch my way back onto the floor area.
[Sun Jul 15 02:21:53 2007] : (86) Thom: (( and to think - you almost missed the end of Daelan... ))
[Sun Jul 15 02:22:18 2007] : (87) Morti: ((really? I couldn't miss that)
[Sun Jul 15 02:24:30 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Jul 15 02:25:19 2007] : (90) DM: Eventually he manages to pull himself onto the ledge. The bridge sliowly tips back into position. As for the Hammer, it lies tantalizingly close yet so far away...
[Sun Jul 15 02:25:48 2007] : (87) Morti: (the bridge on a central pivot? so, if you come back toward the door it tips that way?)
[Sun Jul 15 02:25:48 2007] : ** (60) Daelan rolls over onto his back as he stares up at the gong. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:26:04 2007] : (60) Daelan: ( Is not on the bridge)
[Sun Jul 15 02:26:45 2007] : (86) Thom: (( it's not really a pivot the normal way Morti. It tips forward, so that the far end goes down and the near end goes up when a weight is put onto it. ))
[Sun Jul 15 02:27:30 2007] : (87) Morti: (just wondering if the bridge will settle back if a heavier weight is put near the door)
[Sun Jul 15 02:28:29 2007] : (87) Morti: (wonder if I'm in range to mage hand the hammer from here..)
[Sun Jul 15 02:28:42 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Thom can you enter the room?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:28:47 2007] : (86) Thom: (( it's antigravity in a way. Daelan stepped on the near end, and it raised him up a little. Now with the hammer on the bridge, the near end is probably raised a foot or so off the ground. ))
[Sun Jul 15 02:29:20 2007] : (87) Morti: (actually...)
[Sun Jul 15 02:29:28 2007] : (86) Thom: "Well, it didn't give me permission, and I didn't want to risk pissing that voice off by just doing so. But if you ask, maybe it would be nice and allow me.
[Sun Jul 15 02:30:10 2007] : ** (86) Thom tries sticking his hand through the doorway. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:30:48 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nyet
[Sun Jul 15 02:30:51 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): and my hand disintigrates, yes? Perfect... :-)
[Sun Jul 15 02:31:06 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as in you find something preventing you from passing through
[Sun Jul 15 02:31:08 2007] : ** (87) Morti steps back, and with a series of weaving gestures and muttered words, and section of space before his warps and convalutes into humanoid form befor disappearing to nothing (unseen Servant). Looking out to the bridge, he instructs the phantasmal servant, "Retrieve that hammer, please." **
[Sun Jul 15 02:31:26 2007] : (90) DM: There seems to be no effect.
[Sun Jul 15 02:31:46 2007] : ** (86) Thom places his hand flat against open space in the doorframe. "Nope, no good." **
[Sun Jul 15 02:32:00 2007] : (90) DM: The unseen servant however does not enter past the doorway.
[Sun Jul 15 02:32:03 2007] : (87) Morti: (aaaawww... thought weightless emiissary was a brilliant idea. can't enter the room?)
[Sun Jul 15 02:32:25 2007] : (90) DM: ((Oh, it goes off, but something prevents the servant from entering the pit chamber))
[Sun Jul 15 02:32:43 2007] : (87) Morti: "Che... No good, huh?" :asks of the silent figure:
[Sun Jul 15 02:33:23 2007] : (86) Thom: (( I'm picturing an invisible creature trying to enter the room, running into a wall, and continuing to do so, continuously hitting the wall, since that was it's last command. ))
[Sun Jul 15 02:34:04 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): how far from the door to the bridge?
[Sun Jul 15 02:34:07 2007] : (87) Morti: "Hmmm.. how about this..? I command you to follow Daelan's next command." :then calls to Daelan: "Order the servant to retrieve the hammer. If you who has permission gives the order... it might work... maybe..."
[Sun Jul 15 02:34:35 2007] : ** (60) Daelan looks at Morti," What?" **
[Sun Jul 15 02:35:04 2007] : (87) Morti: "Don't ask dumb questions. Just give the order."
[Sun Jul 15 02:35:06 2007] : ** (86) Thom rolls his eyes. "Just do what he said. I know it means trusting us, but it can't hurt." **
[Sun Jul 15 02:35:33 2007] : (60) Daelan: " What servant are you talking about?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:36:04 2007] : (87) Morti: "The invisible one I just conjured.. and yes.. I know that sounds rediculous."
[Sun Jul 15 02:36:31 2007] : (86) Thom: (( actually, I guess that makes sense. I think Daelan was MIA the last few times Morti used the Silent Servent... ))
[Sun Jul 15 02:36:38 2007] : (60) Daelan: " So you want me to tell an invisible servant to come and get the hammer?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:36:44 2007] : (107) No Name (enter): 02:36
[Sun Jul 15 02:36:54 2007] : (87) Morti: "Does this really bear repeating?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:37:11 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Very well,servant go and retrieve the hammer on the bridge for me."
[Sun Jul 15 02:37:23 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): center of the room
[Sun Jul 15 02:37:31 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the pit is roughly 100' across
[Sun Jul 15 02:37:47 2007] : (90) DM: The servant is unable to comply.
[Sun Jul 15 02:38:15 2007] : ** (60) Daelan watches the bridge to see if the servant does as ordered. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:38:25 2007] : ** (86) Thom looks back to Morti. "I've seen you use that spell before, but I never would of thought of trying to transfer compliance." **
[Sun Jul 15 02:38:30 2007] : (60) Daelan: " He sure does move slow."
[Sun Jul 15 02:38:30 2007] : (87) Morti: :shrug: "Eh.. figures... Didn't think that would work."
[Sun Jul 15 02:38:43 2007] : (107) Kero (exit): 02:38
[Sun Jul 15 02:38:43 2007] : (107) Kero (enter): 02:38
[Sun Jul 15 02:38:54 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Jul 15 02:38:55 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): say Hello?
[Sun Jul 15 02:39:01 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hi
[Sun Jul 15 02:39:14 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): Hi! so what is this if you don't mind me asking
[Sun Jul 15 02:39:15 2007] : (86) Thom: "I guess you're back to the lasso idea. Just watch your step this time."
[Sun Jul 15 02:39:25 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what is what?
[Sun Jul 15 02:39:42 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): This table top right here
[Sun Jul 15 02:39:54 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a game...
[Sun Jul 15 02:40:01 2007] : ** (60) Daelan stands up and walks towards the bridge,holding out his hand,he calls for the hammer. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:40:08 2007] : (87) Morti: "I guess we could try having you hold it by it's figurative hand, and walk it through the door. Since it's not a living thing, it may be treated the same as the clothes on your back. After all, you're carrying magical items, and they were allowed through."
[Sun Jul 15 02:40:18 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 3.5 D&D
[Sun Jul 15 02:40:49 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): Heh Yes I know that me and a friend are lookign for a game to play in , Dnd? right up our alley that is if you willing to ahve tow more people
[Sun Jul 15 02:41:02 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): two
[Sun Jul 15 02:41:32 2007] : (86) Thom: "Could you pick it up and toss it Morti? I was able to toss the rope through, so that might work as well. Of course, it is a long shot."
[Sun Jul 15 02:42:16 2007] : ** (87) Morti shrugs and tries to shove the serant through the door. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:42:20 2007] : (90) Voice: "If you were able to wield the Source, the Hammer would respond to your call. Only one who is worthy to use the Hammer of Annoras may wield it. There is a test of magicka as well as a test of character."
[Sun Jul 15 02:43:05 2007] : (90) Voice: "Few have entered this place since Annoras was buried within its halls. None have made it past the guardian, let alone entered this sanctum."
[Sun Jul 15 02:43:24 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I am not magical that would be Morti."
[Sun Jul 15 02:43:28 2007] : (90) Voice: "And yet, here you are. If you are worthy, claim your prize."
[Sun Jul 15 02:43:47 2007] : ** (86) Thom glances back to Morti and Atross, whispering, "Guardian?" **
[Sun Jul 15 02:43:54 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): we have specific entrance requirements which you'll want to know about before going further
[Sun Jul 15 02:43:59 2007] : (87) Morti: :shrugs to Thom:
[Sun Jul 15 02:44:21 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): Alright shoot
[Sun Jul 15 02:45:20 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): read this and then get back to me. something tells me you'll say no. I know this because I'm psychic. Saturday game
[Sun Jul 15 02:45:42 2007] : (87) Morti: (how far is the hammer from the doorway? and out of curiousity, could I shove the servant through?))
[Sun Jul 15 02:45:54 2007] : ** (60) Daelan takes a small step onto the bridge. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:46:20 2007] : (90) DM: ((approx. center of the pit chamber, on the 'bridge'. chamber is roughly 100' across, so about the 55' mark.))
[Sun Jul 15 02:47:10 2007] : (87) Morti: :as he shoves the servant: "It's times like this I really wish I could fly."
[Sun Jul 15 02:47:15 2007] : (90) DM: The 'bridge' raises up slightly, tips forward and down...
[Sun Jul 15 02:47:49 2007] : (87) Morti: "OH! I know! Daelan! I can give you wings!"
[Sun Jul 15 02:48:00 2007] : (86) Thom: "You know, there is another - less pretty way - to get that hammer out of here."
[Sun Jul 15 02:48:06 2007] : (85) Atross: "Maybe the guardian was sleeping on the job."
[Sun Jul 15 02:48:49 2007] : (87) Morti: (that a no on the servant btw??)
[Sun Jul 15 02:48:54 2007] : (90) DM: ((you got it))
[Sun Jul 15 02:49:09 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): Bah sorry we acually go to a larp on saturday nights
[Sun Jul 15 02:49:23 2007] : (87) Morti: :thinks a moment: "But what to turn you into which cna fly and still has hands or talons to grab the hammer....?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:49:32 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): Can i submit bobs background anyways?
[Sun Jul 15 02:50:06 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can, if you want to. the game's been running for 3+ years so the schedule won't be changing any time soon
[Sun Jul 15 02:50:14 2007] : (86) Thom: "Harpy?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:50:29 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not able to make the game, so I'm a bit confused why you want to submit a "Bob".
[Sun Jul 15 02:50:42 2007] : (87) Morti: :shrugs: "Works for me. Dael, you don't mind, right?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:51:09 2007] : ** (60) Daelan takes the rope and ties one end around his waist,then ties the other end around the railing of the bridge pulling on it to make sure it is tight,then takes another step further onto the bridge. **
[Sun Jul 15 02:51:15 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): Because bob is awsome
[Sun Jul 15 02:51:18 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): on the other hand, I run a Fri game which has need of players
[Sun Jul 15 02:51:27 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): Oh?
[Sun Jul 15 02:51:34 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): now were intrested
[Sun Jul 15 02:51:47 2007] : (86) Thom: "Well, this could get interesting."
[Sun Jul 15 02:52:00 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Friday game. similar requirements.
[Sun Jul 15 02:53:14 2007] : (87) Morti: :noting the bridge tipping, "Or how about a griffin? looks nice and regal."
[Sun Jul 15 02:53:21 2007] : (90) DM: It tips down even further. The Hammer begins to shift forward...
[Sun Jul 15 02:53:49 2007] : (107) Kero: (whispering): Nah this is not for us thanks anyways dude
[Sun Jul 15 02:53:57 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): LOL
[Sun Jul 15 02:53:59 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): later
[Sun Jul 15 02:54:05 2007] : (86) Thom: "Yep, that will work. Of course, retirieving the hammer will be another matter. But it will get it out of this place."
[Sun Jul 15 02:54:12 2007] : (107) Kero (exit): 02:54
[Sun Jul 15 02:55:33 2007] : (85) Atross: "I have no idea where the hammer will be if it falls, if it even survives the fall."
[Sun Jul 15 02:56:09 2007] : (86) Thom: "Like I said - it will be out of here, that's it."
[Sun Jul 15 02:56:33 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): how far am I from the hammer?
[Sun Jul 15 02:56:44 2007] : (87) Morti: :still offering suggestions to Dael: "A giant owl perhaps... I might be able to manage a hatchling drake..."
[Sun Jul 15 02:56:53 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 40'
[Sun Jul 15 02:57:53 2007] : (86) Thom: "I think you can forget it Morti. Daelan thinks he has to prove he's worthy and do it all on his own now. How could he accept aid from one of us and still be a worthy elf?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:58:05 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): if I were to take a quick run then leap before the bridge could react,what would I need to roll to grab the hammer?
[Sun Jul 15 02:58:30 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Jump
[Sun Jul 15 02:58:59 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if you're asking for the DC, that's for you to find out ^^
[Sun Jul 15 02:59:11 2007] : (87) Morti: :to Thom: "If the bridge falls farther forward and he slides off down it, will that matter much?"
[Sun Jul 15 02:59:43 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): I take a few quick running steps then jump towards the Hammer,reaching out for it with my hands.
[Sun Jul 15 03:00:21 2007] : (85) Atross: "Then he'd have to climb back up.
[Sun Jul 15 03:00:41 2007] : (87) Morti: :raises his eyes to Dale: "Oh.. how about a winged elf then? Your cousins?"
[Sun Jul 15 03:01:04 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll
[Sun Jul 15 03:01:05 2007] : (86) Thom: "No, but I'm not so worried about him falling, as I am him getting stuck. But it seems as though that voice did a good job of getting to Daelan, and getting under his skin. He had just about even asked me for aid, or as close as I've ever heard Daelan come, and now he's doing this all on his own, ignoring us, thanks to what that voice said. Whoever did it is smart, knew how to get to him."
[Sun Jul 15 03:02:11 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): Jump: [1d20+9+3 ] => [4,9,3] = (16)
[Sun Jul 15 03:03:00 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're so lucky you still have the +5 operating
[Sun Jul 15 03:03:07 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): which I know you forgot to add in
[Sun Jul 15 03:03:13 2007] : (87) Morti: "One little spell, and you can fly right over to grab the hammer, without it falling.. what do ya say?"
[Sun Jul 15 03:03:35 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): anyway, you grab hold of the Hammer
[Sun Jul 15 03:03:37 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): yep sure did.
[Sun Jul 15 03:03:44 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): now I need to explain something
[Sun Jul 15 03:04:08 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in OOC terms
[Sun Jul 15 03:04:16 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): ok
[Sun Jul 15 03:04:23 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): when you grab hold of the Hammer, the Hammer will be testing you
[Sun Jul 15 03:04:26 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): hoping that maybe praising the voice might aid us now... Basically, I'm trying everything I can think of. :-)
[Sun Jul 15 03:04:35 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as the voice explained, there is a test of magicka and a test of character
[Sun Jul 15 03:04:41 2007] : (85) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I should probably go to sleep before I pull a Lunauc tonight. My eye's are getting sore; it's only a matter of time before they get downright tired.
[Sun Jul 15 03:04:42 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): both will take place simultaneously
[Sun Jul 15 03:05:00 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): when the tests are over, it will be as if mere seconds have passed
[Sun Jul 15 03:05:05 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): well that is good,2 tests at once.
[Sun Jul 15 03:05:21 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but as far as you are concerned IC all this is real
[Sun Jul 15 03:05:27 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): now that does not sound good,the time thingy.
[Sun Jul 15 03:05:52 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you'll see
[Sun Jul 15 03:05:59 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's going to be a little confusing
[Sun Jul 15 03:06:14 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what the other PCs will see is that you grabbed the hammer
[Sun Jul 15 03:06:41 2007] : ** (60) Daelan takes a few quick steps then launches himself forward,his hand closing around the handle of the hammer. **
[Sun Jul 15 03:06:53 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): after the next two sessions (well maybe one session) is over, it will be as if one or two seconds have passed after you grabbed the hammer
[Sun Jul 15 03:06:55 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): just posted that in the room
[Sun Jul 15 03:07:23 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in the interim, something takes place between you and the hammer. the PCs will be there in spirit but not in body. got that?
[Sun Jul 15 03:07:36 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): yep
[Sun Jul 15 03:08:20 2007] : ** (86) Thom holds his breath, seeing Daelan's risky move. **
[Sun Jul 15 03:08:58 2007] : (90) DM: As you (Daelan) grab hold of the Hammer's handle, all else fades out before you and you appear in the middle of a circular chamber bathed in a soft white light. A familiar looking muscular green elf is standing next to an emerald pedestal, atop which is a deck of cards.
[Sun Jul 15 03:09:01 2007] : (87) Morti: :glances to Thom, as Dael takes off running: "I thought elves were supposed to be wise and patient."
[Sun Jul 15 03:09:21 2007] : (86) Thom: "You still thought that after meeting Daelan?"
[Sun Jul 15 03:09:43 2007] : (90) DM: His armor is made of tree bark, yet it is as supple as a leaf. He nods at you (Daelan) with a slight, approving smile.
[Sun Jul 15 03:10:10 2007] : (86) Thom: (( do the rest of us see him disappear or something? ))
[Sun Jul 15 03:10:34 2007] : ** (60) Daelan nods to the elf,as he looks around **
[Sun Jul 15 03:11:15 2007] : ** (87) Morti would respond to Thom, but his attention is drawn to the strange new elf in the shifting chamber. "Exception maybe...?" **
[Sun Jul 15 03:11:24 2007] : (90) DM: "Welcome, Seeker. Few have made it thus far to the chamber of Annoras, to wield the Hammer that was his. If you are worthy, step forward and be tested. Choose a card and may the Ara-Cemnari smile upon you."
[Sun Jul 15 03:12:06 2007] : (90) DM: ((only Daelan sees this))
[Sun Jul 15 03:12:18 2007] : (87) Morti: (ah..)
[Sun Jul 15 03:12:29 2007] : (90) DM: ((none of you see what Daelan sees. He's just grabbed the hammer.))
[Sun Jul 15 03:12:37 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Well atleast I am not greeted by a Human so I am not in Hades."
[Sun Jul 15 03:13:02 2007] : (85) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I cannot really continue to read so I will catch this in the morning, assuming my computer doesn't do something silly tonight.
[Sun Jul 15 03:13:26 2007] : (90) DM: The elf says nothing, instead waiting patiently.
[Sun Jul 15 03:13:37 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): np
[Sun Jul 15 03:14:18 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): You know - with everyone calling him Worthy and all - this is only going to give him an even bigger head - you know that, right?
[Sun Jul 15 03:14:29 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Jul 15 03:14:30 2007] : (108) Daelan (enter): 03:14
[Sun Jul 15 03:14:39 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that depends on how he does
[Sun Jul 15 03:14:48 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (108) Daelan...
[Sun Jul 15 03:14:52 2007] : (90) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(60) Daelan' from room...
[Sun Jul 15 03:14:53 2007] : (60) Daelan (exit): 03:14
[Sun Jul 15 03:15:19 2007] : (86) Zane: (whispering): I hate to root against a companion, but I am in this case... a little.
[Sun Jul 15 03:15:21 2007] : ** (108) Daelan walks towards the deck of cards not touching them as he looks them over,then carefully reaches out and draws the 10th one in the deck. **
[Sun Jul 15 03:22:11 2007] : (87) Morti: (wonder if we can reach the rope to pull Daelan back, now that he has the hammer, and to us is apparently lying out on a sloping bridge...)
[Sun Jul 15 03:23:00 2007] : (90) DM: (15 more min and then we'll end)
[Sun Jul 15 03:23:00 2007] : (86) Thom: (( likely, we still cannot get past the doorway... ))
[Sun Jul 15 03:23:33 2007] : (90) DM: ((OOC: this occurs in the blink of an eye btw))
[Sun Jul 15 03:23:34 2007] : (108) Daelan: ( I drew the 10th card )
[Sun Jul 15 03:23:59 2007] : (90) DM: (you can continue drawing or flip just that card.)
[Sun Jul 15 03:25:14 2007] : ** (108) Daelan flips the card. **
[Sun Jul 15 03:25:37 2007] : (86) Thom: (( I kinda figured that might be the case - which is why Thom stopped talking. ))
[Sun Jul 15 03:26:31 2007] : (90) DM: The card depicts a hunter standing atop a rock overlooking a hilly terrain below, while the moons of Andurin shine overhead. A white stag can be seen at the edge of the forest. Elven runes entitle the card, "The Wild Hunt".
[Sun Jul 15 03:26:56 2007] : (86) Thom: ?ooc awww - it's not The Fool? :-)
[Sun Jul 15 03:27:00 2007] : (86) Thom: (( awww - it's not The Fool? :-) ))
[Sun Jul 15 03:29:42 2007] : (90) DM: The card leaps out of your hands and gradually circles the chamber, becoming larger and larger until it grows to the size of a doorway, whereupon it flattens itself against the wall of the chamber and becomes a gate.
[Sun Jul 15 03:32:26 2007] : ** (108) Daelan walks towards the gate. **
[Sun Jul 15 03:33:00 2007] : (90) DM: (I assume he enters it?)
[Sun Jul 15 03:33:36 2007] : (108) Daelan: ( yesK)
[Sun Jul 15 03:35:52 2007] : (90) DM: (on that note, we'll stop then)
[Sun Jul 15 03:36:15 2007] : (108) Daelan: ok,good game as usual.
[Sun Jul 15 03:36:17 2007] : (86) Thom: (( lol ))
[Sun Jul 15 03:36:19 2007] : (87) Morti: ((good. I'm off to pass out. again))
[Sun Jul 15 03:36:21 2007] : (90) DM: (for the rest of you, remember that only Daelan sees this.)
[Sun Jul 15 03:36:30 2007] : (86) Zane: Cliff-hanger, so to speak.
[Sun Jul 15 03:36:38 2007] : (87) Morti: (In that case, I'll remember nothing)
[Sun Jul 15 03:36:40 2007] : (90) DM: (however, once all of this is over, it will be as if 1 second has passed.)
[Sun Jul 15 03:36:58 2007] : (86) Zane: Yep - we see him leap, make a couple comments, and then are frozen until the mighty DM says otherwise. :)
[Sun Jul 15 03:37:10 2007] : (90) DM: (well not exactly. you'll see next session.)
[Sun Jul 15 03:37:37 2007] : (87) Morti: (and when he gets back with the hammer, we listen to endless gloating about his miraculous jumping skills)
[Sun Jul 15 03:37:48 2007] : (86) Zane: well - it is late. see you all next week, maybe with everyone on time?
[Sun Jul 15 03:37:59 2007] : (90) DM: yeah hopefully
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:01 2007] : (90) DM: later
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:07 2007] : (87) Morti: on time? damn you're demanding
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:07 2007] : (86) Zane: laters
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:13 2007] : (86) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:13 2007] : (86) Zane (exit): 03:38
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:15 2007] : (108) Daelan: well nite all
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:21 2007] : (87) Morti: nite
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:27 2007] : (108) Daelan: see you all next saturday night.
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:33 2007] : (87) Morti: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:33 2007] : (87) Lunauc (exit): 03:38
[Sun Jul 15 03:38:56 2007] : (108) Daelan (exit): 03:38
[Sun Jul 15 03:49:46 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jul 15 03:49:47 2007] : Game disconnected!
[Sun Jul 15 03:49:50 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jul 15 03:49:52 2007] : Game disconnected!
[Sun Jul 15 16:34:17 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Jul 15 16:34:29 2007] : Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.4...


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms