Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Jul 07 22:18:14 2007] : (99) Zane (enter): 22:18

Sat Jul 07 22:18:14 2007] : (99) Zane (enter): 22:18
[Sat Jul 07 22:18:18 2007] : (97) Donovan (enter): 22:18
[Sat Jul 07 22:18:39 2007] : (99) Zane: 3 now, but we still got 10 minutes, and you know this crew is not ones that usually show too early.
[Sat Jul 07 22:19:02 2007] : (97) Donovan: I couldn't tell you how long DJ's been idling here either.
[Sat Jul 07 22:19:24 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: true
[Sat Jul 07 22:25:36 2007] : (88) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (enter): 22:25
[Sat Jul 07 22:27:35 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (88) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10)...
[Sat Jul 07 22:27:42 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (97) Donovan...
[Sat Jul 07 22:27:46 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (99) Zane...
[Sat Jul 07 22:28:21 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: well I'll give it until 11.
[Sat Jul 07 22:28:41 2007] : (99) Zane: let's hope more show...
[Sat Jul 07 22:30:07 2007] : (88) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): Saw Lun earlier today, so he should be here
[Sat Jul 07 22:31:24 2007] : (105) Lunauc (enter): 22:31
[Sat Jul 07 22:31:38 2007] : (105) Lunauc: hoi
[Sat Jul 07 22:31:44 2007] : (99) Zane: Did you happen to see Drew alsop, or can you say you did?
[Sat Jul 07 22:31:48 2007] : (99) Zane: *also
[Sat Jul 07 22:32:03 2007] : (105) Lunauc: 0.o
[Sat Jul 07 22:32:23 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (105) Lunauc...
[Sat Jul 07 22:32:29 2007] : (88) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): Have not seen Drew
[Sat Jul 07 22:32:38 2007] : (97) Donovan: But you could say that you did
[Sat Jul 07 22:33:58 2007] : (99) Zane: Dj said that he had seen you around Lun, and then you showed. So we were hoping it might work for others as well.
[Sat Jul 07 22:34:20 2007] : (105) Lunauc: um.. nope.. sorry
[Sat Jul 07 22:41:54 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: is there a way to transfer a pdf map to here?
[Sat Jul 07 22:44:38 2007] : ** (99) Zane has no idea. **
[Sat Jul 07 22:46:05 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: working on i
[Sat Jul 07 22:46:07 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: it
[Sat Jul 07 22:49:50 2007] : (88) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): Umm, no you would have to turn it into an image first
[Sat Jul 07 22:54:10 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: hm
[Sat Jul 07 22:54:19 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: this is going to be a pain in the neck
[Sat Jul 07 22:55:20 2007] : (97) Donovan: It looks like a really cool place.
[Sat Jul 07 22:56:38 2007] : (99) Zane: wow... this is what we see, huh? sweet.
[Sat Jul 07 22:57:02 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: no you don't see all that
[Sat Jul 07 22:57:10 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: I'm trying to think of a work around
[Sat Jul 07 22:57:22 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: because mapping it during the week was no help
[Sat Jul 07 22:57:26 2007] : (99) Zane: well, not the specifics of course - but the outside of the building, right?
[Sat Jul 07 22:57:34 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: gimme a sec
[Sat Jul 07 23:01:38 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: I think it might be doable
[Sat Jul 07 23:02:06 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: you can sort of make it out with the magnify function I hope
[Sat Jul 07 23:03:13 2007] : (97) Donovan: There's just one thing.
[Sat Jul 07 23:03:15 2007] : (99) Zane: kinda... I'm up to 1.7 and I can see the general gist, but it is losing focus quickly.
[Sat Jul 07 23:03:17 2007] : (97) Donovan: We're on the bottom?
[Sat Jul 07 23:03:45 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: I'm probably going to make an executive decision and dispense with level 1 of the tomb since the map cuts off at that point
[Sat Jul 07 23:04:00 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: so you can just assume it doesn't exist
[Sat Jul 07 23:04:12 2007] : (97) Donovan: I can see the map but can't read it, which is alright..
[Sat Jul 07 23:04:24 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: it'd be a little too trying going back and forth between the original pdf version and this jpg
[Sat Jul 07 23:04:44 2007] : (97) Donovan: On the bright side of the floating tomb aspect, at least this means that's not a bottomless pit in hte middle there.
[Sat Jul 07 23:06:55 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sat Jul 07 23:07:02 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: gimme like 5 min and we'll begin
[Sat Jul 07 23:07:15 2007] : (99) Zane: k
[Sat Jul 07 23:07:23 2007] : (99) Zane: goona for a quick smoke then
[Sat Jul 07 23:07:36 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: you guys don't have a cleric
[Sat Jul 07 23:07:46 2007] : (99) Zane: wow - a long time off, and my spelling still hasn't imporved... great.
[Sat Jul 07 23:07:49 2007] : (97) Donovan: We don't even have a druid today
[Sat Jul 07 23:08:00 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: sure you wanna do this?
[Sat Jul 07 23:08:12 2007] : ** (97) Donovan shrugs. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:08:21 2007] : (97) Donovan: Hasn't stopped us before? Probably should have too.
[Sat Jul 07 23:09:26 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jul 07 23:09:26 2007] : (97) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Except for my being radically unreligious, I'd normally be happy to play support like cleric.
[Sat Jul 07 23:13:23 2007] : (97) Donovan: Everyone else is free to chime in of course
[Sat Jul 07 23:13:44 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: interlude: (167) DM: The forest dramatically gives way to a large clearing -- and reveals a sight that is quite unexpected. High up above you, hovering -- no -- floating above a lake is a citadel carved or perhaps built upon an immense chunk of rock. It appears as if a castle is atop it. A stone structure can be seen at the far side of the lake. A shimmering gray forcefield, barely discernible, can be seen surrounding the structure.
(162) Thom: "Well, that's your loss then."
(163) Daelan: " Besides by the time we are done with our courting,the beauty of your female has withered with age."
(167) Drenla: "Behold. The sla-mori I spoke of earlier. The Tomb of Alathere."
** (166) Morti goes wide-eyed at the sight of the floating structure. **
** (162) Thom stops in his tracks as well. "Wow." **
(161) Atross: "That's truly an impressive tomb."
** (163) Daelan stops in his tracks as well,even he is impressed by the magick involved. **
** (146) Sevis Goloens looks around, but does not stop until he almost runs into the others **
** (166) Morti 's cloth mask smiles wide, "So, how do we get in? From that building on the other side of the lake?" **
** (167) Rhian Sedai is similarly impressed. "There are limitations to what the Power can do. This is definitely one of them." **
(167) Drenla: "Perhaps. My knowledge is not so vast that I would know all of what might lie within. Alathere was a star elven magus who specialized in the art of teleportation. It was she who first conceived of the idea of constructing sla-mori."
(146) Sevis Goloens: "So this is the origional?"
(162) Thom: "Well, it appears that she was quite powerful indeed."
(166) Morti: "Wow.. wish I could have spoke to her.. Too bad I don't know how to travel time freely." :speaks as he is already leading his mount around the lake, excitment of discovery pushing him forward:
(167) Drenla: "One of the first, ays. One of the few above ground."
** (162) Thom follows closely behind Morti. **
(167) DM: Several stone structures which lie in ruins can be seen at one end of the lake. The surface of the water is placid and unruffled. All is silent in the clearing. The majesty of the Tomb floating above you serves only to enhance the entire tableau.
** (146) Sevis Goloens follows Morti around the lake as well **
(167) DM: Perhaps two or three stone hovels once stood here. Also, a shattered arch.
(162) Thom: "This is nature. Nature where you can actually see things."
(167) DM: Several chunks of stone lie scattered about on the ground.
** (163) Daelan follows along with the others. **
** (166) Morti idly picks up a stone as he makes the trek around, tossing it in the stil waters, to see if it ripples **
(167) DM: (yep)
(163) Daelan: " Morti,perhaps it is best if you do not disturb that which has laid in peace for all these many year."
(166) Morti: "Sorry.. was just curious."
** (162) Thom keeps an eye on the edge of the clearing, to watch for anything that might come out of the woods. **
** (166) Morti walks about the ruins, pondering the placement of former houses and the condition of the broken arch. **
(162) Thom: (( smoke break. ))
(167) DM: All is as before. The only sound comes from yourselves. It's a bit unnerving.
(167) DM: It appears as if the arch is missing several sections, which if pieced together could repair it.
** (166) Morti looks about the ground for the missing stones **
(163) Daelan: '' Great,a broken bridge and no bearded brother to be found.''
(161) Atross: "Well, we are going to need the whole arch. Did it just break from age though?"
** (161) Atross joins the search for the broken pieces. **
(167) DM: (it'll take some time)
(163) Daelan: '' Something tells me Atross that this bridge would not fall from old age.''
** (146) Sevis Goloens stands infront of the arch and repeats what the statue said "I mourn for Annoras" **
(167) DM: Nothing happens.
(162) Thom: (( is it a broken arch or bridge? ))
(167) DM: ((it's a shattered arch.))
(161) Atross: "That's not reassuring in this case, Daelan."
** (146) Sevis Goloens shrugs and starts looking around as well **
(163) Daelan: " I was not saying it to be reassuring Atross,I was merely stating the facts."
** (166) Morti hums a little tune, as he plays jigsaw puzzle with stones to rebuild the arch **
(163) Daelan: " I have the feeling that when we repair the archway,whatever broke it is going to be waiting for us on the other side."
(162) Thom: "Then, we will be prepared for that. Of course, that's only if we can piece it back together."
** (162) Thom moves over to Morti, offering his hands in helping move stones around. **
** (163) Daelan moves around,scanning the ground,looking for any pieces that look like they belong to the archway. **
(167) DM: It takes some time, but eventually you manage to piece together a plaque that reads, "I wait and watch; he will not return. Alas, I mourn for Annoras."
(162) Thom: "Well, that sounds familiar."
** (166) Morti anxiously moves before the archway, takes a moment to calm himself and bows to speak humbly, "I mourn for Annoras." **
(167) DM: Nothing happens.
(166) Morti: :groans and slumps: "Maybe it's busted after all."
** (146) Sevis Goloens steps though the arch as he repeats the phrase yet again **
(167) DM: He disappears with a popping sound.
(162) Thom: "Well, I guess he figured it out."
** (166) Morti hops up as Sevis goes bye-bye. Smacking himself in the head, he mutters, "Oh righ.. walk through." **
** (162) Thom follows behind Sevis, saying 'I mourn for Annoras' as he steps though the arch. **
** (166) Morti heads in after Sevis **
(161) Atross: "Just make sure you don't sneeze."
(167) DM: (and on that note, assuming Daelan follows, we'll stop since I didn't map the Tomb yet.)
(167) DM: (I do have a map in front of me but it's difficult for you to not know where you're going.)
(162) Thom: (( ok, sounds good. ))
** (161) Atross passes through the arch, head bowed respectfully, announcing his own sorrow for the thrice annointed whatchamawhosit. **
** (163) Daelan steps up after the rest have disappeared,repeats the words they spoke," I mourn for Annoras." **
** (163) Daelan then steps forward. **

[Sat Jul 07 23:13:49 2007] : (99) Zane: Exactly. We have done it before - and unless there is a massive undead army awaiting us behind the first few doors, we *should* be fine... *knocks on wood*
[Sat Jul 07 23:13:59 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Jul 07 23:14:00 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Jul 07 23:15:27 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: As you step through the now restored arch, you appear somewhere...well, you know you're inside a chamber...a stone chamber. How large or how wide is unknown for your sense of direction seems warped by magicka of unknown origin. Also, the very air around you has taken on a purplish tint, or perhaps it's a fog that obscures your vision.
[Sat Jul 07 23:16:05 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): let the others know that you appear in area 29
[Sat Jul 07 23:16:15 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): where the x is
[Sat Jul 07 23:16:35 2007] : ** (99) Thom holds his stomach for a second. "Is is wrong that I hate how teleportation is becoming easier and easier to stomach?" **
[Sat Jul 07 23:16:58 2007] : (109) Daelan (enter): 23:16
[Sat Jul 07 23:17:00 2007] : (88) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (( I gota restart Open, DO NOT zoom the map to 10x ))
[Sat Jul 07 23:17:05 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (109) Daelan...
[Sat Jul 07 23:17:15 2007] : (88) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Jul 07 23:17:16 2007] : (88) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (exit): 23:17
[Sat Jul 07 23:17:19 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: ((bring him up to speed pls and add him to the GW))
[Sat Jul 07 23:17:23 2007] : (97) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Oh really now.
[Sat Jul 07 23:17:39 2007] : (110) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (enter): 23:17
[Sat Jul 07 23:17:42 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (110) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10)...
 [Sat Jul 07 23:19:36 2007] : (99) Thom: "Depends on your view of things. It wasn't that long ago that the mere idea of being instantly sent somewhere else was beyond comprehension. Now that I am acclimating to actually doing it..." Thom just shrugs.

[Sat Jul 07 23:22:38 2007] : (109) Daelan: " Your time is not my time,I do not like the use of magic to get from here to there,it is most discomforting to move and not have the ground under ones feet."
[Sat Jul 07 23:22:48 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: Your surroundings are obscured. Furthermore, you thought that Rhian and Drenla followed you but it does not appear as if they are present at the moment.
[Sat Jul 07 23:23:10 2007] : (101) DM: (assume visibility is limited to 10' in all directions.)
[Sat Jul 07 23:23:15 2007] : (97) Donovan: "It's probably best not to think about what's under the ground under our feet right now then."
[Sat Jul 07 23:23:17 2007] : (99) Thom: "Yet something else that we seem to have in common Daelan, regardless of our other differences."
[Sat Jul 07 23:23:48 2007] : (99) Thom: "Uh, anyone see if Rhian and Drenla came though the portal?"
 [Sat Jul 07 23:24:47 2007] : (109) Daelan: " I have not seen them."
[Sat Jul 07 23:24:50 2007] : (105) Morti: "HUh?" :looks around for the pair, Maybe they just hesitated entering"
 [Sat Jul 07 23:25:52 2007] : (1980) No Name (enter): 23:25
[Sat Jul 07 23:26:20 2007] : (99) Thom: "Somehow I doubt they would wait long, if they were coming. Might as well see just what we got ourselves into." Thom draws out Ringrist and slowly makes his way forward, trying to see what lies beyond the 10' distance.
[Sat Jul 07 23:27:13 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jul 07 23:27:13 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): Does Ringrist light up?
[Sat Jul 07 23:27:20 2007] : (101) DM: The sword gleams softly in the faint purplish fog.
[Sat Jul 07 23:27:46 2007] : (101) DM: It does not glow it's characteristic blue light but rather a faint silver light that...you've never noticed before.
[Sat Jul 07 23:28:15 2007] : ** (97) Donovan searches about in the dense fog, commenting idly, "This could be a serious pain in a fight." **
[Sat Jul 07 23:28:19 2007] : (1958) Ya'anissa (exit): 23:28
[Sat Jul 07 23:28:23 2007] : (101) DM: [1d10] => [7] = (7)
[Sat Jul 07 23:28:24 2007] : ** (109) Daelan follows along with Thom,his bow gripped tightly. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:28:25 2007] : (97) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Not this bug again.
[Sat Jul 07 23:28:28 2007] : ** (97) Atross searches about in the dense fog, commenting idly, "This could be a serious pain in a fight." **
[Sat Jul 07 23:28:46 2007] : (99) Thom: "Well, what in the nine hells does this mean?" he mutters, glancing at Ringrist.
[Sat Jul 07 23:29:18 2007] : ** (105) Morti stares at the point of arrival for a moment, waiting for the senior casters to appear. Eventually he gives in, following after Thom and Dalean. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:29:21 2007] : (1964) Alec (exit): 23:29
[Sat Jul 07 23:29:25 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): eventually you manage to make it to a wall
[Sat Jul 07 23:29:30 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): take 20 searching?
[Sat Jul 07 23:29:32 2007] : (99) Thom: "Can anyone see more than a couple arm reaches out?"
[Sat Jul 07 23:29:44 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): sure - no hurry yet.
[Sat Jul 07 23:29:56 2007] : (1985) Jaril (enter): 23:29
[Sat Jul 07 23:30:39 2007] : (97) Atross: "Not in this purple haze."
[Sat Jul 07 23:30:45 2007] : (109) Daelan: " I can not see any further than you Thom,I find this disturbing."
[Sat Jul 07 23:31:22 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the room is roughly 50' x 40'. there is an archway leading out in the nw corner. there is a window in the far east wall, with a balcony that overlooks the clearing below. something unusual -- it was late afternoon when you entered the tomb, but now it is early morning and the skies are clear.
[Sat Jul 07 23:31:37 2007] : (99) Thom: "Me too." Thom finally stops his forward movement, having found one wall. He then turns, following that wall trying to find the next one.
[Sat Jul 07 23:32:09 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there is no other apparent exit from this room.
[Sat Jul 07 23:32:29 2007] : ** (1984) TaliesinNYC waves to all **
[Sat Jul 07 23:32:42 2007] : ** (105) Morti removes the sheath from the top of his staff, revealing the torch upon it as a beacon through thefog, should they get separated. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:33:10 2007] : ** (99) Thom slowly makes his way around the room. "Ok, this is crazy." he says, as he reaches a window in one corner. "It seem to be morning now..." **
[Sat Jul 07 23:36:14 2007] : (105) Morti: "We might be in an alternate dimension again though."
[Sat Jul 07 23:36:31 2007] : (105) Morti: "Or altered time space.. could explain the haze."
[Sat Jul 07 23:36:41 2007] : (101) DM: As Thom described, it's clearly early morning and the skies are clear. The window overlooks the clearing below and the land around the tomb. Also, something not quite right -- there seems to be much more woodland than there was before.
[Sat Jul 07 23:36:50 2007] : ** (99) Thom continues to move around the room's walls, not finding anything else of note for a while. Then, almost near where he first found a wall, he finds it. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:37:35 2007] : ** (109) Daelan looks at Morti. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:38:01 2007] : ** (109) Daelan moves over to Thom," The sooner I am out of here the better I shall feel." **
[Sat Jul 07 23:38:26 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): send me your mods for search and listen. just those two mods. you can whisper them to me.
[Sat Jul 07 23:38:38 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I could use your node but kinda lazy. =P
[Sat Jul 07 23:38:45 2007] : (99) Thom: "Agreed, but it wouldn't do to rush and get blown apart by some trap."
[Sat Jul 07 23:39:19 2007] : whispering to Ryan Mercury (D), looking for a game?
[Sat Jul 07 23:39:20 2007] : (109) Daelan: " No,I shall wait,I have heard bad things about some of these traps."
[Sat Jul 07 23:39:20 2007] : (105) Morti: "Yeah.. I don't want to get blown up."
[Sat Jul 07 23:39:28 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): search - [1d20+19] => [4,19] = (23) and listen - [1d20+8] => [12,8] = (20) (including the +5 still.
[Sat Jul 07 23:39:41 2007] : ** (105) Morti follows Thom's voice to the exit. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:39:53 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): Dealan distracted me on my search.... ;)
[Sat Jul 07 23:40:38 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there seems to be no traps that you can determine
[Sat Jul 07 23:40:59 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Elsewhere in the tomb, a gong sounds.
[Sat Jul 07 23:41:05 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): quite faint.
[Sat Jul 07 23:41:14 2007] : ** (110) Sevis Goloens follows the others **
[Sat Jul 07 23:41:40 2007] : (97) Atross: "I suppose the woodland down below and the time of day represents the dawn of the elder elven empire."
[Sat Jul 07 23:41:57 2007] : (99) Thom: "Well, appears clear." Thom prepares to pass through the archway but stops. "Why do I not think that's a good sign?" Thom glances back at the others to see if they heard it as well.
[Sat Jul 07 23:42:35 2007] : ** (97) Atross appears out of the fog, following Thom's path around the room. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:42:43 2007] : (97) Atross: "Natural distrust of ancient archways perhaps?"
[Sat Jul 07 23:43:15 2007] : (99) Thom: "Actually, I was speaking of the gong that I swear I just heard. Very faintly, but I heard one."
[Sat Jul 07 23:43:43 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): does it repeat, or just the one sounding?
[Sat Jul 07 23:43:47 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There is a short passage west and a flight of stairs immediately ahead.
[Sat Jul 07 23:44:02 2007] : (105) Morti: "May be announcing our arrival.. or a scheduled time.." :follows through the arch:
[Sat Jul 07 23:44:22 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not sure if you can see it, but it descends some ways down to the west and then turns to the south. Thom can see the stairs but not how far or where it goes.
[Sat Jul 07 23:45:26 2007] : (99) Thom: "Either way, I don't like it." Thom enters the archway. "Stairs ahead, can't tell where they go." Thom slowly makes his way along the short hallway and to the stairs, checking for traps as he goes.
[Sat Jul 07 23:45:40 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): search - [1d20+19] => [20,19] = (39)
[Sat Jul 07 23:45:51 2007] : ** (109) Daelan follows along,bow at the ready. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:46:05 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): can I keep that for all searches for traps for this game session? ;-)
[Sat Jul 07 23:46:12 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Jul 07 23:46:25 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there seems to be no traps that you can determiine
[Sat Jul 07 23:46:51 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): however, there are a lot of cobwebs
[Sat Jul 07 23:46:58 2007] : ** (99) Thom proceeds along the stairs, checking, until he reaches another archway or door. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:47:07 2007] : ** (97) Atross tries to both keep people in view while hanging back to guard the rear. With ten feet of visibility, it's not very noticeable. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:47:14 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in fact, the stairway is filled with webs
[Sat Jul 07 23:47:49 2007] : ** (99) Thom gives up and swaps out Ringrist for his rapier. He sets the rapier aflame with a thought, using the flame edge of the blade to burn away cobwebs. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:48:18 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): using the flames of the fire ability of the rapier. Ringrist is now sheathed.
[Sat Jul 07 23:49:00 2007] : (99) Thom: "Thanks dad." he mutters as he burns more and more cobwebs away from his path up the stairs.
[Sat Jul 07 23:49:30 2007] : (109) Daelan: " I wonder what creatures we will face here."
[Sat Jul 07 23:50:32 2007] : (99) Thom: "Either nothing, since it appears nothing has been here in a long time. Of course, if something has lasted here that long, it will either be very hungry, and/or very nasty."
[Sat Jul 07 23:51:13 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Jul 07 23:51:13 2007] : (105) Morti: "Constructs or undead are more likely... though scary."
[Sat Jul 07 23:51:32 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): keep moving along the stairway, at whatever rate I can burn the webs to clear a path and search for traps.
[Sat Jul 07 23:51:46 2007] : (109) Daelan: " The dead hold no sway over me Morti."
[Sat Jul 07 23:52:54 2007] : (105) Morti: "Good for you, but they creep me right the heck out."
[Sat Jul 07 23:53:07 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): descends 10', still blocked by webs until you clear it
[Sat Jul 07 23:53:25 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): then turns to the south and descends another 10' to a curved corridor
[Sat Jul 07 23:53:47 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): then - I keep clearing webs. Of course, I just clear enough for me to pass by, not the entire stairway. :-)
[Sat Jul 07 23:54:38 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): then - proceed along the curved corridor. Still more cobwebs there?
[Sat Jul 07 23:55:10 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sat Jul 07 23:55:15 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but the purple fog continues
[Sat Jul 07 23:55:46 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you know it's curved because you can see (barely) the inner dimensions of the corridor
[Sat Jul 07 23:56:04 2007] : ** (99) Thom reaches the end of the stairs, which end at a curved corridor. The cobwebs have ended for now, but Thom keeps his aflame rapier out in case they return. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:56:06 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but exactly how far and where it goes will require searching
[Sat Jul 07 23:56:51 2007] : (109) Daelan: " The dead are nothing to fear Morti,they have nothing to gain from the living,fear the living they have everything to gain."
[Sat Jul 07 23:56:54 2007] : ** (110) Sevis Goloens follows along silently, keeping an eye and ear out for danger. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:57:13 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): well - I figure I can see the two side walls yes? So then I keep going until there is a turnoff or something different. Searching still for traps as I go.
[Sat Jul 07 23:57:55 2007] : ** (110) Tektite keeps bellow ground as she follows along **
[Sat Jul 07 23:58:09 2007] : (105) Morti: "I'm not afraid of the dead. it's the undead I have problems with."
[Sat Jul 07 23:58:51 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Jul 07 23:59:01 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [12,19] = (31)
[Sat Jul 07 23:59:18 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There does not appear to be any traps that you can immediately discern...
[Sat Jul 07 23:59:21 2007] : ** (99) Thom continues down the curving corridor. **
[Sat Jul 07 23:59:44 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): well - if I miss them one way, I'll find them by stepping on them I guess. :-)

[Sun Jul 08 00:03:20 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): to your right are several arches...
[Sun Jul 08 00:03:21 2007] : (109) Daelan: " The undead as you call them,fall even easier than the living Morti."
[Sun Jul 08 00:04:34 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 4 arches to be specific. More exploration is needed because the fog obscures your vision.
[Sun Jul 08 00:05:17 2007] : ** (99) Thom pauses in his movement. He points out to Daelan what he has just seen - a series of 4 archways off to the right. "Shall we?" **
[Sun Jul 08 00:05:51 2007] : (105) Morti: "Even if you say that.. they still make me feel uneasy." :follows down the corridor:
[Sun Jul 08 00:05:54 2007] : (109) Daelan: " Lead on Thom.'
[Sun Jul 08 00:06:35 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Jul 08 00:06:35 2007] : (110) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): Are we on the very top floor from the map?
[Sun Jul 08 00:06:42 2007] : ** (99) Thom pickes the nearest archway, and after a search of it for any traps, passes beneath it, to see what hides behind the mist. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:06:42 2007] : (109) Daelan: " You just fear them because one day you will join them Morti,and for you the time is never long enough."
[Sun Jul 08 00:07:10 2007] : ** (109) Daelan stands on the opposite side to see if anything happens to Thom. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:07:31 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sun Jul 08 00:07:37 2007] : (105) Morti: :cringes: "What do you mean I'm, going to be undead?"
[Sun Jul 08 00:08:01 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you started in the room where the black x is and now you're headed to where the V is
[Sun Jul 08 00:08:21 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [10,19] = (29)
[Sun Jul 08 00:08:30 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there seems to be no traps within...
[Sun Jul 08 00:08:32 2007] : ** (109) Daelan smiles at Morti, " No I mean one day you will be dead." **
[Sun Jul 08 00:08:35 2007] : (97) Atross: (whispering): (GW): That's what you get when you're twice dead: Redead. Aka zombie. =P
[Sun Jul 08 00:08:53 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and these appear to be votive cells. stone cells bare of anything except cobwebs
[Sun Jul 08 00:08:54 2007] : (97) Atross: "You probably shouldn't smile when you tell someone that. Just so you know."
[Sun Jul 08 00:09:07 2007] : (105) Morti: "Oh.. that. Okay."
[Sun Jul 08 00:09:56 2007] : ** (99) Thom explores the area beyind the archways quickly, burning more cobwebs away with his flaming sword. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:10:47 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): burn away the cobwebs to make sure they are empty and not holding anything of potential interest.
[Sun Jul 08 00:11:58 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they don't seem to be.
[Sun Jul 08 00:12:24 2007] : (101) DM: These appear to be votive cells, but whatever monks might have used them are no longer present
[Sun Jul 08 00:12:53 2007] : (110) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): Made a zoomed in version of the floor, so I could see where the heck we are :)
[Sun Jul 08 00:12:54 2007] : ** (109) Daelan looks at Atross," Should I frown?" **
[Sun Jul 08 00:13:18 2007] : ** (99) Thom returns from his quick search empty-handed. "Just more cobwebs." he mutters and continues back down the curving corridor. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:14:09 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Jul 08 00:15:09 2007] : (97) Atross: "My advice is a neutral expression. Just don't treat it as a joke until they start laughing, otherwise you look maniacal."
[Sun Jul 08 00:16:35 2007] : (109) Daelan: " You will pardon my smiling as I do find it refreshing that one day you Humans will be less than you are now."
[Sun Jul 08 00:18:38 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): So the corridor continues onward and curves to the NE
[Sun Jul 08 00:18:52 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): keep walking and searching. :)
[Sun Jul 08 00:19:16 2007] : (99) Thom: "And just when I start to find something I like about you..."
[Sun Jul 08 00:19:21 2007] : (101) DM: The purplish fog continues as the passage slopes upward to the northeast.
[Sun Jul 08 00:19:48 2007] : (101) DM: Suddenly, a voice cries out in a harsh, guttural language, the words unfamiliar to you.
[Sun Jul 08 00:20:45 2007] : (99) Thom: "Uh, did anyone else hear that?"
[Sun Jul 08 00:21:06 2007] : (97) Atross: "The gong? Nope. Just some shouting."
[Sun Jul 08 00:21:49 2007] : (99) Thom: "That's what I meant this time."
[Sun Jul 08 00:22:14 2007] : (101) DM: The voice repeats its message once more and falls silent.
[Sun Jul 08 00:22:46 2007] : (97) Atross: "Anyone knwo what it was?"
[Sun Jul 08 00:22:51 2007] : ** (109) Daelan stops and listens. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:23:03 2007] : whispering to Daelan, sounds like stone dwarven
[Sun Jul 08 00:23:34 2007] : Server Administrator-> /admin
[Sun Jul 08 00:23:54 2007] : (99) Thom: "Well, that's not ominous at all."
[Sun Jul 08 00:23:58 2007] : Server Administrator-> /?
[Sun Jul 08 00:24:20 2007] : whispering to Daelan, "Defilers! Begone! Tempt not the sleep of the ageless!"
[Sun Jul 08 00:24:27 2007] : (109) Daelan: " It is from the our bearded cousins,the Stone Dwarves."
[Sun Jul 08 00:24:41 2007] : (97) Atross: (whispering): (GW): System administrator messages? That's not ominous at all."
[Sun Jul 08 00:25:01 2007] : (109) Daelan: " Defilers begone,tempt not the sleep of the ageless."
[Sun Jul 08 00:26:34 2007] : (99) Thom: "Fine, just tell them to show us the way to where we are going - and we'll leave everyone alone."
[Sun Jul 08 00:26:51 2007] : (110) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): (GW): sorry I am very outa of it right now (I decided to stop smoking for 21 days, and the nic fits are kicking in)
[Sun Jul 08 00:28:16 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah
[Sun Jul 08 00:28:30 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can drop out tonight if that's a problem DJ
[Sun Jul 08 00:28:38 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you don't feel well, you don't feel well
[Sun Jul 08 00:28:40 2007] : (109) Daelan: " I do not believe they are expecting a response as you have stated there is no one here."
[Sun Jul 08 00:29:57 2007] : (110) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10): (whispering): I'll stay around a bit longer, if it gets much worse I will head out
[Sun Jul 08 00:30:17 2007] : (99) Thom: "Then there is no one to tempt the sleep if, huh? Well - we gotta keep going to find our way out of here." Thom continues down the curving corridor.
[Sun Jul 08 00:30:50 2007] : (99) Thom: (( *tempt the sleep of ))
[Sun Jul 08 00:31:13 2007] : ** (109) Daelan continues to follow behind Thom,his bow still at the ready. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:31:48 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the curving corridor continues to a courtyard and a pair of golden doors that stand closed. solid golden doors by the way. the doors are heavily engraved.
[Sun Jul 08 00:32:10 2007] : ** (97) Atross shrugs, but continues on as usual. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:32:16 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): where the circle is
[Sun Jul 08 00:33:06 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): pass by the doors for now, to check out the entire courtyard to make sure there is no other route.
[Sun Jul 08 00:34:12 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The courtyard seems to be the base of a tower suspended in midair overhead. The tower above is filled with bits of crystal and jewels that chime as air passes near them.
[Sun Jul 08 00:34:21 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Elsewhere in the tomb, a gong sounds faintly.
[Sun Jul 08 00:34:39 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There seems to be no other route.
[Sun Jul 08 00:34:56 2007] : (101) Voice: Elsewhere in the tomb, a gong sounds faintly.
[Sun Jul 08 00:35:04 2007] : (101) DM: (whoops)
[Sun Jul 08 00:35:16 2007] : ** (99) Thom continues as the corridor curves the opposite direction - opening up into an apparent courtyard. He passes by two closed, solid, engraved gold doors. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:35:46 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): I take it that the crystal and jewels are too far away to reach, right?
[Sun Jul 08 00:36:36 2007] : (99) Thom: "There it goes again. I guess the random voice knows we are still around."
[Sun Jul 08 00:36:43 2007] : ** (109) Daelan studies the engravings on the doors. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:38:17 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yup
[Sun Jul 08 00:38:40 2007] : whispering to Daelan, they're engravings of drakes battling each other
[Sun Jul 08 00:39:05 2007] : whispering to Daelan, two drakes and several elves battling each other
[Sun Jul 08 00:39:20 2007] : ** (99) Thom shortly returns to the gold doors, looking over them as well - but checking for any traps. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:39:51 2007] : (109) Daelan: " Loki and Quessir battling each other,tis a sad sight."
[Sun Jul 08 00:42:38 2007] : (110) Sevis Goloens: "Who is Loki?"
[Sun Jul 08 00:43:04 2007] : (109) Daelan: " Loki are what you call Drake."
[Sun Jul 08 00:43:15 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): any traps?
[Sun Jul 08 00:43:40 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there don't seem to be any
[Sun Jul 08 00:43:46 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [19,19] = (38)
[Sun Jul 08 00:44:35 2007] : (99) Thom: "So, nothing special though?"
[Sun Jul 08 00:44:37 2007] : (110) Sevis Goloens: "Ahh."
[Sun Jul 08 00:45:06 2007] : (101) DM: As Thom inspects the door -- there is a flash of light and the battle scene engraved on the door comes to life, as a sunrise drake makes a life-threatening plunge at a crimson drake, and hordes of elfkind exchange lethal sword blows against ilythi'iri.
[Sun Jul 08 00:45:46 2007] : (99) Thom: "Ok, that's rather interesting."
[Sun Jul 08 00:46:22 2007] : (110) Sevis Goloens: "Nice battle scene."
[Sun Jul 08 00:46:43 2007] : (101) DM: The figures freeze in place as suddenly as they came to life.
[Sun Jul 08 00:48:37 2007] : (99) Thom: "That's one way of keeping memories." he says, as he tries to open the doors.
[Sun Jul 08 00:48:47 2007] : (97) Atross: "It seems to tell the plight of Annoras, for whom this tomb was built. I wonder if there's one detailing his hope for peace."
[Sun Jul 08 00:50:36 2007] : (99) Thom: "Is Annoras pictured on here anywhere?"
[Sun Jul 08 00:50:44 2007] : (109) Daelan: " Perhaps he is the one who sleeps."
[Sun Jul 08 00:51:14 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The doors click open softly.
[Sun Jul 08 00:52:42 2007] : ** (99) Thom opens the doors to expose what awaits beyond. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:54:06 2007] : (110) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): (GW): ok, I gota go, sitting still is killing me. damn withdraw symptons
[Sun Jul 08 00:54:46 2007] : (110) Sevis Goloens: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jul 08 00:54:46 2007] : (110) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (exit): 00:54
[Sun Jul 08 00:57:23 2007] : ** (109) Daelan looks around Thom **
[Sun Jul 08 00:58:54 2007] : (101) DM: This is a rather large room dominated by a moss-covered fountain. A still figure can be seen lying to one side.
[Sun Jul 08 00:59:51 2007] : ** (99) Thom spins to the others, with a finger up to his lips, asking them all to remain quiet. **
[Sun Jul 08 00:59:53 2007] : (101) DM: You can barely make out a broad archway leading to the north.
[Sun Jul 08 01:00:04 2007] : (109) Daelan: " Something tells me if we enter the figure will awake."
[Sun Jul 08 01:01:14 2007] : (99) Thom: "Could be." Thom searches the doorway as best he can without entering the room, looking for any traps along it.
[Sun Jul 08 01:03:30 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [5,19] = (24)
[Sun Jul 08 01:03:40 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): You don't seem to detect anything unusual.
[Sun Jul 08 01:06:01 2007] : (99) Thom: "Ok, time to find out." Thom slowly enters the room, and moving as silently as he can, he makes his way forward. He does not directly approach the still figure, but heads to the side - hoping to get a better view.
[Sun Jul 08 01:06:04 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): move silent - [1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25)
[Sun Jul 08 01:06:40 2007] : (101) DM: It appears to be a dwarf. He seems to be ancient. He's asleep.
[Sun Jul 08 01:08:06 2007] : ** (99) Thom continues past the dwarf towards archway to the north, moving to check it out. **
[Sun Jul 08 01:10:35 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's a wide corridor that is partially obscured by the purple fog
[Sun Jul 08 01:10:37 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): check the next archway for traps as well. Oh, and has the purple haze lifted?
[Sun Jul 08 01:10:47 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): that answers that question.
[Sun Jul 08 01:11:47 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [12,19] = (31)
[Sun Jul 08 01:11:55 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there does appear to be one, yes
[Sun Jul 08 01:12:22 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): disable - [1d20+22] => [7,22] = (29)
[Sun Jul 08 01:12:38 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): aww, I so wanted another high roll there...
[Sun Jul 08 01:12:39 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not certain if you've disarmed it
[Sun Jul 08 01:13:15 2007] : (101) DM: erk
[Sun Jul 08 01:13:19 2007] : (101) DM: I'm starting to fade
[Sun Jul 08 01:13:27 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): not certain, huh? try again?
[Sun Jul 08 01:13:31 2007] : (101) DM: we'll stop at 2 am (45 minute warning)
[Sun Jul 08 01:13:37 2007] : (99) Thom: (( k ))
[Sun Jul 08 01:13:54 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+22] => [19,22] = (41)
[Sun Jul 08 01:14:07 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you might have done so this time... :)
[Sun Jul 08 01:14:20 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): woo hoo. I hope...
[Sun Jul 08 01:14:25 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): and even with what haze might be here, can the others see me?
[Sun Jul 08 01:17:29 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): their visibility is limited to 10' in all directions
[Sun Jul 08 01:17:30 2007] : ** (99) Thom tries to wave to the others, telling them to follow him. **
[Sun Jul 08 01:17:39 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so if they've been keeping tabs on you, then yes
[Sun Jul 08 01:18:16 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): ahh, well - then I wave, and since I'm sure at least one was... it should all be good.
[Sun Jul 08 01:19:27 2007] : ** (97) Atross follows Thom's route around the mossy mound of the fountain to hopefully leave the sleeping dwarf lie. **
[Sun Jul 08 01:20:36 2007] : ** (109) Daelan follows behind Atross,his bow still at the ready,moving as quiet as he can. **
[Sun Jul 08 01:22:37 2007] : (99) Thom: (( now, just one more... Morti? ))
[Sun Jul 08 01:24:24 2007] : (105) Morti: (sorry.. think I nodded off there for a bit)
[Sun Jul 08 01:25:10 2007] : ** (105) Morti follows along(since I'm not sure what's going on) **
[Sun Jul 08 01:25:49 2007] : ** (99) Thom watches the others cross the room, keeping an eye on the sleeping dwarf, hoping he remains asleep. **
[Sun Jul 08 01:26:43 2007] : (101) DM: yeah
[Sun Jul 08 01:26:49 2007] : (101) DM: Lunauc and I are nodding off
[Sun Jul 08 01:26:51 2007] : (101) DM: lol
[Sun Jul 08 01:27:05 2007] : ** (99) Thom passes through the archway into the other room as the others approach. **
[Sun Jul 08 01:27:08 2007] : (101) DM: I'm sorry folks
[Sun Jul 08 01:27:22 2007] : (99) Thom: (( hey - a few hours is better than nothing. ))
[Sun Jul 08 01:27:31 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a corridor filled with statuary of dwarves
[Sun Jul 08 01:27:41 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): every so often is a niche
[Sun Jul 08 01:28:16 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): which room is this, the one kinda parallell to the curving hallway?
[Sun Jul 08 01:29:17 2007] : (99) Thom: (( so - go ahead and call it a night here then? ))
[Sun Jul 08 01:30:29 2007] : (101) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): where I just circled
[Sun Jul 08 01:30:37 2007] : (101) DM: ((yeah))
[Sun Jul 08 01:30:37 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sun Jul 08 01:30:55 2007] : (99) Zane: (whispering): that's the one I thought, but the comment of the niches made me think of the other one.
[Sun Jul 08 01:31:00 2007] : (101) DM: ((the other night last night, I was up and DJ went kaput))
[Sun Jul 08 01:31:07 2007] : (101) DM: ((so go figure))
[Sun Jul 08 01:31:14 2007] : (101) DM: good night all
[Sun Jul 08 01:31:34 2007] : (99) Zane: g'night
[Sun Jul 08 01:31:50 2007] : (97) Donovan: Good night. I know I've had my share of crashing this week.
[Sun Jul 08 01:32:05 2007] : (105) Morti: right, just hope I make it to the bed.
[Sun Jul 08 01:32:17 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jul 08 01:32:18 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms