Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
17 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
15 Guests
Registered Users: BemTrary, KevinBic


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:23 2007] : (246) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:59

[Sat Apr 14 21:59:23 2007] : (246) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:59
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:23 2007] : (247) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (enter): 21:59
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:23 2007] : (248) Tanesh (enter): 21:59
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:23 2007] : (251) Daelan (enter): 21:59
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:23 2007] : (252) Zane (enter): 21:59
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:23 2007] : (253) Lunauc (enter): 21:59
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:23 2007] : (254) Donovan (enter): 21:59
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:30 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: sorry for being late
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:36 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: had one of my infamous naps
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:39 2007] : (254) Donovan: Welcome
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:42 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (261) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:46 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (246) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:49 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (248) Tanesh...
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:52 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (251) Daelan...
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:53 2007] : (252) Zane: Hey - you made it in just under an hour - that's good for you. :P
[Sat Apr 14 21:59:56 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: wow Daelan's early
[Sat Apr 14 22:00:01 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (252) Zane...
[Sat Apr 14 22:00:03 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: kididng
[Sat Apr 14 22:00:08 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (253) Lunauc...
[Sat Apr 14 22:00:12 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (254) Donovan...
[Sat Apr 14 22:00:27 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, my oblivion CD is wrecked, think you can upload it?
[Sat Apr 14 22:00:56 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: making something to eat, gimme like 20 min pls
[Sat Apr 14 22:01:03 2007] : (252) Zane: k
[Sat Apr 14 22:04:41 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, can't remember how you upload music files as well
[Sat Apr 14 22:11:57 2007] : (252) Zane: So, I had some RP, primarily for Thom and Morti. Anyone object to us running that quick little thing while waiting for Stan to get his food?
[Sat Apr 14 22:13:28 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:13
[Sat Apr 14 22:13:46 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: Booting '(246) Dj Gilcrease' from server...
[Sat Apr 14 22:13:47 2007] : (246) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:13
[Sat Apr 14 22:14:12 2007] : (254) Donovan: ((Go for it.))
[Sat Apr 14 22:15:02 2007] : ** (252) Thom dismounts from his horse, and allows the beast to graze some nearby. He lays down on the grass, staring up at the sky. Although he tries to look just off into the nothingness, his attention keeps getting drawn by the stationary cloud that they have been watching. Without sitting up, he asks, "Morti, mind if I ask you a slightly personal question?" **
[Sat Apr 14 22:15:40 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 14 22:15:40 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): I dont have it any more. I sent it to my brother and deleted my pireted copy when I was doing HD clean up
[Sat Apr 14 22:16:16 2007] : (253) Lunauc: "Depends... if its about the birds and the bees.. I already had that conversation."
[Sat Apr 14 22:16:29 2007] : (253) Morti: "Depends... if its about the birds and the bees.. I already had that conversation."
[Sat Apr 14 22:17:28 2007] : (253) Morti: :expression becomes more serious: "Unless you need me to explain it to you..."
[Sat Apr 14 22:18:06 2007] : ** (252) Thom chuckles, "Nah, not even close. I know some of how you joined this group, but why have you stayed with the group?" **
[Sat Apr 14 22:18:45 2007] : (253) Morti: "Eh?" :head quirks aside: "Whatcha mean?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:19:17 2007] : (252) Thom: "Why haven't you settled down somewhere, why do you keep risking your life?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:20:09 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens sits in quiet meditation **
[Sat Apr 14 22:20:26 2007] : (253) Morti: "Hmmm..." :chews his lip in thought for a moment, looking down at Moiraine cradled in his lap: "I... haven't really thought much about that."
[Sat Apr 14 22:21:35 2007] : (253) Morti: "I just thought it was natural to keep moving. How else will we get back to our own time?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:22:15 2007] : (252) Thom: "I.. see." Thom keeps his gaze on the strange 'cloud'. "Yes, of course. But even before we came here, you had travelled much with Atross and the others, right?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:22:50 2007] : (253) Morti: "Yeah.. for a while." :nods thoughtlessly:
[Sat Apr 14 22:24:40 2007] : (252) Thom: "It's just... Ever since the d'Amberville's I had really only wanted to get back home, where I knew what was happening and what to expect. But recently, I wonder if I could do that - I've seen so much, I don't know if I even could just go home."
[Sat Apr 14 22:24:43 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh well
[Sat Apr 14 22:24:51 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): how do you upload sounds and mp3s?
[Sat Apr 14 22:25:13 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (you can effectively start)
[Sat Apr 14 22:25:17 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (I'm setting up)
[Sat Apr 14 22:25:23 2007] : (253) Morti: "Of course you couldn't just go home." :gives Thom a firm glance:
[Sat Apr 14 22:25:39 2007] : ** (252) Thom raises his head to Morti. "And why not?" **
[Sat Apr 14 22:25:43 2007] : (253) Morti: "I mean... we're 30 years in the past. I doubt it would be that esy"
[Sat Apr 14 22:26:04 2007] : (253) Morti: "Che..." :shakes his head at Thom's silly comment:
[Sat Apr 14 22:26:11 2007] : (252) Thom: "Once we make it back to our time of course. I fully intend to see the Tempest removed from Highkeep."
[Sat Apr 14 22:26:35 2007] : (253) Morti: :nods: "Yeah.. she definately has to be stopped."
[Sat Apr 14 22:27:35 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 14 22:27:36 2007] : (248) Tanesh: (whispering): My game tree got corrupted again. Could you send me my character again? I'll make sure to back everything up this time.
[Sat Apr 14 22:27:45 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Apr 14 22:27:59 2007] : (252) Thom: "But that's the rub then. After that, all the people I grew up with, those I have known for my entire life - except for the past few months, are in that city. I'm not sure if I would want to leave again, but I'm not sure I could be happy staying their either."
[Sat Apr 14 22:28:37 2007] : (253) Morti: :shrugs: "If you want to stay, then stay." :offers as if it's the easiest thing in the world:
[Sat Apr 14 22:29:26 2007] : (252) Thom: "Yeah, maybe..." Thom lets the idea drift off into the cloudy skies.
[Sat Apr 14 22:30:06 2007] : (252) Thom: (( k - that was the main thing I wanted, I just wanted to do it when there was little happening so it didn't interrupt anything. ))
[Sat Apr 14 22:31:06 2007] : (253) Morti: (asking advice from Morti... I'm not sure where you were going with that one...)
[Sat Apr 14 22:31:21 2007] : (248) Tanesh: ((Just want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone. We're all waiting for Daelan and Atross at our camp, right?))
[Sat Apr 14 22:31:27 2007] : (253) Morti: ((would you like to ask a rock for directions next?))
[Sat Apr 14 22:31:29 2007] : (252) Thom: (( maybe Thom is going insane - atfer all, he's seeing things. ))
[Sat Apr 14 22:31:31 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "So are we going to check out the unnatural cloud or just move on around?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:31:49 2007] : (252) Thom: "Let's wait to find out what Daelan and Atross found."
[Sat Apr 14 22:32:46 2007] : ** (253) Morti sits waiting, fidel in hand as he tries to play 'something elven' he bugged Dael into teaching him, hoping to please any nearby elves listening in. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:32:58 2007] : (253) Morti: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+6] => [20,6] = (26)
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:05 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Via the site or the ftp location I setup for you?
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:19 2007] : (252) Thom: (( don't forget the +5... ))
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:28 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:28 2007] : (254) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Not too bad, eh?
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:31 2007] : (253) Morti: (right +5 for 31!)
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:31 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ftp
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:39 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I have sound files I'm trying to upload
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:43 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the site is down
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:52 2007] : (253) Morti: (legendary performance!)
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:55 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): haven't been following
[Sat Apr 14 22:33:58 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but probably
[Sat Apr 14 22:34:20 2007] : ** (252) Thom sits up as Morti plays, looking at the little man carefully. He glances around to make sure everyone else still sees Morti there, and not some imposter. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:35:12 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 14 22:35:12 2007] : (251) Daelan: (whispering): umm just a note,Aramil is not really my brother,more like a cousin but I think of him as my brother,now my real brother he died when Yahzut joined out party,long time ago
[Sat Apr 14 22:35:30 2007] : ** (248) Arun moves a little away from the camp, remaining just within sight, and unsheathes his scimitars. He begins performing what appears to be a cross between a dance and practicing a combat form. His movements are graceful and quick, and any observers might note that he is in fact moving in rhythm with Morti's music. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:35:55 2007] : ** (253) Morti plays a lovely slow wilting melody, far beyond his regular capabilities **
[Sat Apr 14 22:36:00 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok np
[Sat Apr 14 22:36:06 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that probably won't change anything then
[Sat Apr 14 22:38:59 2007] : (261) DM: (and where are Daelan and Atross?)
[Sat Apr 14 22:39:26 2007] : (252) Thom: (( still with the elves, right? ))
[Sat Apr 14 22:39:43 2007] : (254) Atross: ((About to return? The conversation started while we were out after all.))
[Sat Apr 14 22:39:53 2007] : (253) Morti: ((I think they were on their way back, not sure...))
[Sat Apr 14 22:40:05 2007] : (261) DM: ((feel free to make your grand entrance anytime then))
[Sat Apr 14 22:40:43 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): can you send me the ftp site link again please?
[Sat Apr 14 22:40:51 2007] : ** (251) Daelan watches the Calan disappear into the trees once more,knowing they are not gone,turns his horse and heads back to the others. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:41:46 2007] : ** (254) Atross turns his horse about following the negotiations and returns to where the others are camped. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:41:58 2007] : ** (254) Atross clears the treeline following the strange melody, still holding the arrow-like totem. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:42:25 2007] : (251) Daelan: " You can put that away Atross,you are now in training."
[Sat Apr 14 22:42:44 2007] : ** (253) Morti stills sits under a tree, playing the soft, relaxing tone with amazing ease **
[Sat Apr 14 22:43:00 2007] : ** (254) Atross looks around to confirm that everyone's still there and comments, "We weren't gone very long, there's no need to have a party." **
[Sat Apr 14 22:43:05 2007] : ** (248) Arun sheathes his weapons as Daelan and Atross arrive, and returns to the main camp, his breathing slightly heavier than normal. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:43:13 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): FTP
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:06 2007] : (252) Thom: "Morti is playing to slowly for a party."
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:27 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Well we have to slay the giants on the cloud."
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:31 2007] : (253) Morti: :as he plays: "It can't be helped. It's the only elven tune I know."
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:35 2007] : ** (252) Thom rises from the ground and remounts his horse. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:48 2007] : ** (254) Atross puts away the totem, "It's sometimes hard to reconcile how the Quessir view outsiders with how they treat their kin. Once you have their trust though, they're quite nice folks." **
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:50 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): how do you upload stuff? lol
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:52 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sorry
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:52 2007] : (251) Daelan: " And for once you are playing it to perfection Morti."
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:56 2007] : (252) Thom: "We do, do we? Should have expected it I guess."
[Sat Apr 14 22:44:59 2007] : (254) Atross: "There's no need for a funeral either then."
[Sat Apr 14 22:45:31 2007] : ** (253) Morti finally fails a note as the bow slips at Daelan's words. Looking up, it takes him a moment before asking, "Slay them?" **
[Sat Apr 14 22:45:37 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Just drag it to the FPT as if it were another folder
[Sat Apr 14 22:45:39 2007] : (248) Arun: "How is it that we are expected to kill giant that are hundreds of feet above us?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:46:05 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Apr 14 22:46:16 2007] : (254) Atross: "They're laying siege to the city in the woods: There's a way down; there must be a way up."
[Sat Apr 14 22:47:03 2007] : (248) Arun: "Good enough for me."
[Sat Apr 14 22:47:32 2007] : (252) Thom: "Did we get any clues as to how we are to get up there?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:48:05 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's not working
[Sat Apr 14 22:48:12 2007] : (251) Daelan: " They did not say,I did not ask,they are watching to see how you Humans handle the problem."
[Sat Apr 14 22:48:37 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Do you use FireFox or IE as your primary browser?
[Sat Apr 14 22:48:42 2007] : (254) Atross: "None, yet. I thought it'd be a good idea for you all to be there when we do."
[Sat Apr 14 22:48:44 2007] : (252) Thom: "So, are you not part of this group then?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:48:51 2007] : (253) Morti: "Do.. do we really have to kill them? Would it be enough to just drive them out of the area?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:49:28 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I use flock
[Sat Apr 14 22:49:31 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): IE is evil
[Sat Apr 14 22:49:35 2007] : (251) Daelan: " I will go along with you Thom,I can not let Atross go alone after all he is my student now."
[Sat Apr 14 22:50:07 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I have IE on my cpu but really would rather not use it if I don't have to
[Sat Apr 14 22:50:36 2007] : (251) Daelan: " He is a Quessir in training."
[Sat Apr 14 22:50:42 2007] : ** (254) Atross shrugs. "Nothing new to me." **
[Sat Apr 14 22:50:44 2007] : ** (252) Thom rolls his eyes and looks up at the 'cloud'. Fine, let's get going then. Maybe we can try asking them to leave, but somehow I doubt that they will stop to listen to us." **
[Sat Apr 14 22:51:07 2007] : ** (252) Thom rolls his eyes and looks up at the 'cloud'. "Fine, let's get going then. Maybe we can try asking them to leave, but somehow I doubt that they will stop to listen to us." **
[Sat Apr 14 22:51:24 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Open the URL with IE ftp://dmsounds:[email protected] You need to use it to get the nice drag and drop abilities
[Sat Apr 14 22:52:02 2007] : ** (252) Thom strts riding in the direction of the cloud. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:52:15 2007] : ** (248) Arun shoulders his pack. "Do we have any information on what to expect in terms of numbers and fortifications?" **
[Sat Apr 14 22:52:37 2007] : ** (253) Morti groans, frowning deeply, as he stares up to the sky. "It's kind of a far way though... Dael, did the elves say anything about the way it was heading?" :asks as he mounts up **
[Sat Apr 14 22:52:45 2007] : ** (248) Arun begins jogging alongside Thom's mount, keeping pace. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:53:44 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens walks along studying the cloud **
[Sat Apr 14 22:54:01 2007] : (252) Thom: "Doubtful Arun, it would makes things to easy. Of course, my medallion would help immensely in determing numbers." Thom then mutters, "Damn goddesses."
[Sat Apr 14 22:54:23 2007] : ** (254) Atross chases the cloud as well. **
[Sat Apr 14 22:54:35 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): now its saying I don't have permission to put files on the server
[Sat Apr 14 22:55:00 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Only that they have laid seige to the land Morti."
[Sat Apr 14 22:55:17 2007] : (254) Atross: "I'm not sure about numbers. How many giants does it take to be considered a seige?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:55:22 2007] : (253) Morti: "But not if they were spotting heading toward another known village?"
[Sat Apr 14 22:55:31 2007] : (248) Arun: "Not many, I would imagine."
[Sat Apr 14 22:55:43 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): goto the file menu and select login as
[Sat Apr 14 22:55:50 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Username: dmsounds
[Sat Apr 14 22:55:57 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Password: dmsounds
[Sat Apr 14 22:55:57 2007] : (248) Arun: "One giant alone is something for an unprepared settlement to worry about."
[Sat Apr 14 22:57:32 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): thanks
[Sat Apr 14 22:57:53 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "I doubt the elves are an unprepared settlement"
[Sat Apr 14 22:58:29 2007] : (248) Arun: "Clearly not prepared enough if they're asking for the help of outsiders."
[Sat Apr 14 22:59:39 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "Prepared enough it is down to a seige and not a slaughter"
[Sat Apr 14 22:59:48 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Perhaps it is a test to see if you are worthy of entering Quessir lands Arun."
[Sat Apr 14 23:01:21 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok, once the files have been uploaded, what's next?
[Sat Apr 14 23:01:36 2007] : (252) Thom: "Perhaps it is their way of asking for help from us lowly races."
[Sat Apr 14 23:01:44 2007] : (254) Atross: "That would indicate that they see a possibility for us to be worthy. It's just as simple to believe they welcome the timely assistance."
[Sat Apr 14 23:02:19 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): then you can send them to the room using /sound http://www.andurin.com/dmsounds/SOUNDFILE.MP3
[Sat Apr 14 23:02:26 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I see
[Sat Apr 14 23:03:30 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Then again you both may be right too,or they just see it as a way of having more Humans killed off too."
[Sat Apr 14 23:03:46 2007] : Invalid sound file!
[Sat Apr 14 23:03:50 2007] : (252) Thom: "Yeah, lowly friends you have."
[Sat Apr 14 23:03:55 2007] : (252) Thom: (( *lovely ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:04:13 2007] : Invalid sound file!
[Sat Apr 14 23:04:16 2007] : (251) Daelan: " They are not friends Thom,they are kin."
[Sat Apr 14 23:04:48 2007] : (261) DM: (let me know if you hear that)
[Sat Apr 14 23:04:58 2007] : (252) Thom: (( I heard nothing ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:05:10 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( no sound file showed up on me end ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:05:12 2007] : (252) Thom: "Even worse."
[Sat Apr 14 23:06:02 2007] : (261) DM: /sound http://www.andurin.com/dmsounds/SOUNDFILE.MP3
[Sat Apr 14 23:06:13 2007] : (248) Arun: (hear it)
[Sat Apr 14 23:06:15 2007] : (252) Thom: (( got that one. ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:06:28 2007] : (261) DM: /sound http://www.andurin.com/dmsounds/UTRACK12.MP3
[Sat Apr 14 23:06:34 2007] : (254) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((Success))
[Sat Apr 14 23:06:39 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): the command I used is /sound http://www.andurin.com/dmsounds/elwynn_forest.mp3
[Sat Apr 14 23:06:55 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Apr 14 23:07:05 2007] : (251) Daelan: it keeps starting and stopping
[Sat Apr 14 23:07:14 2007] : (261) DM: /sound http://www.andurin.com/dmsounds/utrack12.MP3
[Sat Apr 14 23:07:21 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( you have a space before your / ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:07:31 2007] : Invalid sound file!
[Sat Apr 14 23:07:37 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Apr 14 23:07:38 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): It is case sensitive
[Sat Apr 14 23:07:47 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): might have to fix it because it keeps saying invalid sound file
[Sat Apr 14 23:08:10 2007] : (252) Thom: now I hear Stan's.
[Sat Apr 14 23:08:16 2007] : (252) Thom: (( now I hear Stan's. ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:08:26 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( I just sent it ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:08:39 2007] : (254) Atross: (whispering): (GW): (Utrack12 works, Soundfile isn't even when I tried myself.)
[Sat Apr 14 23:09:20 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): It's saying invalid due to the Case sensitive
[Sat Apr 14 23:09:30 2007] : (261) DM: ((ok))
[Sat Apr 14 23:09:42 2007] : (261) DM: The cloud, or whatever it is, doesn't seem to move very much.
[Sat Apr 14 23:10:25 2007] : (261) DM: In fact, it appears to be denser than all the other clouds that you've seen.
[Sat Apr 14 23:10:31 2007] : ** (252) Thom contiues to watch it as they ride, trying to see what he might notice that can help them stop the giants. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:10:32 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Apr 14 23:11:03 2007] : (254) Atross: ((How long until we're under it?))
[Sat Apr 14 23:11:30 2007] : ** (248) Arun keeps his eyes forward, ignoring the cloud, and continues jogging alongside the group. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:11:34 2007] : Invalid sound file!
[Sat Apr 14 23:11:37 2007] : (253) Morti: "I wonder how they ever expect us to get up there. I know I can't teleport that far." :looks back: "Can you, Drenla?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:11:50 2007] : (261) DM: (about an hour)
[Sat Apr 14 23:12:19 2007] : (261) Drenla: "I would be able to if I had memorized that spell."
[Sat Apr 14 23:13:14 2007] : (253) Morti: :sighs: "Too bad there isn't a mountain or something next to it we could climb. I can only teleport about eight hundred feet."
[Sat Apr 14 23:13:15 2007] : (254) Atross: "I'm hoping we can use whatever transport the giants have been. Of course, we'll have to find the giants first."
[Sat Apr 14 23:13:35 2007] : (248) Arun: "We should probably focus on defending the town initially. It seems that protecting the elves would be of more importance than killing the giants still up in the cloud."
[Sat Apr 14 23:14:39 2007] : (252) Thom: "You want to enter the forest to get to the town?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:14:50 2007] : (261) DM: Something glints in the grass ahead.
[Sat Apr 14 23:14:52 2007] : (254) Atross: "I suppose they could be doing a lot of damage just by dropping rocks from that height. Then again, where would they get rocks up there?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:15:11 2007] : (253) Morti: "Carry them up."
[Sat Apr 14 23:15:14 2007] : ** (248) Arun runs ahead of the horses to see what the thing in the grass is **
[Sat Apr 14 23:15:29 2007] : ** (248) Arun unsheathes his swords as he runs **
[Sat Apr 14 23:16:00 2007] : (254) Atross: "I see I don't need to tell you to be cautious."
[Sat Apr 14 23:16:08 2007] : ** (251) Daelan brings his horse to a halt as he watches Arun **
[Sat Apr 14 23:16:13 2007] : ** (252) Thom continues along, keeping an eye on the cloud, but he checks on Arun as well as he runs ahead. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:16:43 2007] : ** (254) Atross draws up his bow, wary for a trap as Arun is getting close to investigate. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:17:13 2007] : whispering to Tanesh, it appears to be a glass figurine of a man, his arm upraised as if in a salute.
[Sat Apr 14 23:17:23 2007] : whispering to Tanesh, roughly the size of your palm
[Sat Apr 14 23:17:33 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens just walks along ignoring the goings on around him **
[Sat Apr 14 23:18:06 2007] : ** (248) Arun reaches down into the grass, sheathing his swords, and picks up a small figurine. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:18:22 2007] : ** (248) Arun waits for the others to catch up **
[Sat Apr 14 23:18:48 2007] : ** (252) Thom reaches Arun after only a couple moments. "Find soemthing?" **
[Sat Apr 14 23:18:59 2007] : ** (254) Atross catches up and scans the surroundings while he asks, "So what is it?" **
[Sat Apr 14 23:19:31 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens catches up "Should not rush off and draw your sword at every movement or flash" **
[Sat Apr 14 23:19:37 2007] : ** (248) Arun shrugs "A glass figureine. Not sure if it's valualbe." Arun holds it up. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:20:03 2007] : (248) Arun: (to sevis) "We know that there are enemies nearby. Anything around us is a potential trap."
[Sat Apr 14 23:20:31 2007] : (253) Morti: "A figurine of what?" :asks as he rides over:
[Sat Apr 14 23:20:34 2007] : ** (252) Thom looks at the figurine Arun has. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:21:00 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens laughs and looks around "The Giants or the Elves? Neither are our enemies until we make them so." **
[Sat Apr 14 23:21:09 2007] : (261) DM: It's a glass figurine, no larger than your hand, of a man wearing a flowing cape and robes, his arm upraised as if in a salute.
[Sat Apr 14 23:21:31 2007] : (261) DM: A rune can be seen inscribed on the bottom.
[Sat Apr 14 23:21:48 2007] : (254) Atross: "The giants are apparently not friendly towards anyone, according to the rumors."
[Sat Apr 14 23:22:32 2007] : (248) Arun: "anyone recognise the symbol on the bottom?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:23:14 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "They might be if we offer to help them." ** hold up his hand to silence Daelen ** "I dont think thats a good idea, just saying."
[Sat Apr 14 23:23:21 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, The magical rune for "flight".
[Sat Apr 14 23:23:27 2007] : (252) Thom: Knowledge (any): [1d20+6] => [19,6] = (25)
[Sat Apr 14 23:23:43 2007] : whispering to Zane, The rune for "flight" in the language of magic
[Sat Apr 14 23:23:52 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens takes a look at the symbol **
[Sat Apr 14 23:24:02 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 14 23:24:02 2007] : (252) Zane: (whispering): we just won't ask how I know that... :)
[Sat Apr 14 23:24:09 2007] : ** (253) Morti leans forward in his seat eyeing the statue curiously. As he reads the rune he ideal mutters... "...flight..." **
[Sat Apr 14 23:24:40 2007] : (252) Thom: "Yeah, I thought so as well Morti. A way upstairs, that just happens to be here?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:24:51 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sat Apr 14 23:25:17 2007] : ** (248) Arun passes the statue to Morti. "Flight? Is it magical?" **
[Sat Apr 14 23:25:23 2007] : (253) Morti: :clearing his mind, he focuses his senses forward at the object(detect magic,and spellcraft to determine school and strength)
[Sat Apr 14 23:25:27 2007] : (253) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [8,18] = (26)
[Sat Apr 14 23:25:40 2007] : (253) Morti: (+5 for 31!)
[Sat Apr 14 23:25:46 2007] : (261) DM: (who's holding the statue at the moment?)
[Sat Apr 14 23:25:55 2007] : (253) Morti: ((must be my lucky number)
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:00 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, extremely strong
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:03 2007] : (248) Arun: ((Morti))
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:09 2007] : (252) Thom: "Well, the symbol is in the language of magic." Thom shrugs at any looks he may get, "I guess some of Morti' teachings rubbed off at me more than I thought."
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:25 2007] : (253) Morti: (no.. I was just looking at it.))
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:27 2007] : (264) Vik (enter): 23:26
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:30 2007] : (261) DM: A brilliant flash of light flares in the figurine, causing it to hoist Morti up into the air at a rapid speed suddenly.
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:32 2007] : (264) Vik (exit): 23:26
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:38 2007] : (264) Vik (enter): 23:26
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:45 2007] : (252) Thom: (( Arun passed it on to you Morti ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:53 2007] : (253) Morti: (eh.. alright then)
[Sat Apr 14 23:26:56 2007] : Invalid sound file!
[Sat Apr 14 23:27:13 2007] : (254) Atross: (whispering): (GW): It's called passing the rock.
[Sat Apr 14 23:27:16 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "Drop it Morti"
[Sat Apr 14 23:27:19 2007] : (253) Morti: "Waahaaa!!" :shocked by the sudden uplifting, he tries to steady himself out:
[Sat Apr 14 23:28:08 2007] : Invalid sound file!
[Sat Apr 14 23:28:53 2007] : ** (248) Arun tries to throw the chain around his arm to Morti before he flies out of reach **
[Sat Apr 14 23:29:09 2007] : (253) Morti: (am I fliying on autopilot?))
[Sat Apr 14 23:29:18 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, it takes an extreme amount of effort but you manage to steady yourself after realizing that you're halfway to the cloud.
[Sat Apr 14 23:29:19 2007] : (248) Arun: ((Reflex? attack roll? use rope?))
[Sat Apr 14 23:29:37 2007] : (261) DM: ((Reflex but you'd need to be really quick))
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:15 2007] : (254) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I'm sure really quick is his middle name
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:15 2007] : (248) Arun: Reflex save: [1d20+10] => [6,10] = (16)
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:21 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:21 2007] : (253) Lunauc: (whispering): do I have contol now? or is it taking me where it pleases? if so, can I figure how to turn it off?
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:23 2007] : (248) Arun: ((21))
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:26 2007] : (261) DM: ((I'd say that was a no))
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:38 2007] : (248) Arun: ((It's a 60-foot long chain by the way))
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:41 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): You have control, albeit barely
[Sat Apr 14 23:30:57 2007] : (253) Lunauc: (whispering): great.. can I fly back down?
[Sat Apr 14 23:31:15 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): You have a feeling that to turn it off, you'd need to say "descend", or "stop"
[Sat Apr 14 23:31:44 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 14 23:31:44 2007] : (248) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): it's a rope of climbing, in terms of magical enchantment. so it moves on it's own.
[Sat Apr 14 23:32:23 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens calls out again "Drop the figure Morti!" **
[Sat Apr 14 23:32:42 2007] : ** (248) Arun watches as morti flies away, and reels in his chain, commanding it to wrap around his arm once agian. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:32:45 2007] : (253) Morti: "Stopstopstopstopstop! Stop!" :by the time he feels his rapid ascent cease, he opens his eyes to see a few thousand feet of empty space below him... and almost faints.:
[Sat Apr 14 23:32:52 2007] : (252) Thom: "Won't that make him fall?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:32:55 2007] : ** (251) Daelan watches Morti fly upwards to the cloud," I hope he drops it when he gets up there." **
[Sat Apr 14 23:33:14 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well saying stop in midflight isn't a good idea
[Sat Apr 14 23:33:26 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Apr 14 23:33:42 2007] : (254) Atross: "Hmm, not a terribly intuitive device, is it?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:33:48 2007] : (251) Daelan: " I mean once he is on the cloud."
[Sat Apr 14 23:34:05 2007] : ** (253) Morti swallows hard, trying to regain control of himself before trying experimentally.. "Down... Land.. Descend... Drop..." **
[Sat Apr 14 23:34:11 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that would cause you to fall
[Sat Apr 14 23:34:23 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "I doubt it, I think it just cause the person to gain the ability to fly to the castle, without the need of the figure"
[Sat Apr 14 23:34:28 2007] : (253) Lunauc: (whispering): that's okay.. that's what boots of levitation are made for...
[Sat Apr 14 23:34:38 2007] : (261) DM: The diminutive mage descends just as quickly.
[Sat Apr 14 23:34:44 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Apr 14 23:34:59 2007] : (254) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Ok, it's confirmed that I'll be leaving in about an hour for a movie.
[Sat Apr 14 23:35:01 2007] : (253) Lunauc: (whispering): my favorite item. ^_^
[Sat Apr 14 23:35:31 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Well that is one way of getting the attention of those up there on the cloud."
[Sat Apr 14 23:35:34 2007] : ** (253) Morti comes back to the ground, calmly hands the statue over to someone else.. then... **
[Sat Apr 14 23:36:04 2007] : (253) Morti: :.. falls to his knees hugging the ground.: "Okay, I need practice before i try flying again."
[Sat Apr 14 23:36:29 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens takes the statue and says "Flight" **
[Sat Apr 14 23:36:43 2007] : (254) Atross: "Personally, I've had dreams of flight from time to time."
[Sat Apr 14 23:36:49 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens imidiatly lets go of the statue to see if he still accends **
[Sat Apr 14 23:37:18 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Apr 14 23:37:49 2007] : (261) DM: And just in time too.
[Sat Apr 14 23:38:28 2007] : (251) Daelan: " I have never thought of flying,I did not like it the first time,I do not think I will like it this time either."
[Sat Apr 14 23:38:45 2007] : ** (247) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) comes out of the ground and looks around **
[Sat Apr 14 23:38:45 2007] : ** (252) Thom waits to see what happens to Sevis. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:38:54 2007] : ** (247) Tektite comes out of the ground and looks around **
[Sat Apr 14 23:39:03 2007] : (253) Morti: "I like flying... but I prefer to be in control... and closer to the ground."
[Sat Apr 14 23:39:28 2007] : (261) DM: He would've flown away had he not let go in time. The figurine falls to the ground.
[Sat Apr 14 23:40:00 2007] : (252) Thom: (( what about Sevis, does he still float, or also fall down? ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:41:17 2007] : (248) Arun: "Hmm. It looks like it can only take one person... unless we all hang on to the flier, but that's quite dangerous. Looks like we might need to track down more of these statues."
[Sat Apr 14 23:41:32 2007] : (254) Atross: "Two things. We can use this to get up to that cloud probably. Where did it come from? If the giants have been using these they could escape quite easily whenever pressed."
[Sat Apr 14 23:41:58 2007] : (252) Thom: "Yes, it's presence here is a bit strange."
[Sat Apr 14 23:42:10 2007] : (253) Morti: "
[Sat Apr 14 23:42:19 2007] : (253) Morti: "Maybe someone is helping us
[Sat Apr 14 23:42:44 2007] : (252) Thom: "I'd rather it's a traps set by the giants."
[Sat Apr 14 23:44:08 2007] : (252) Thom: "So, do we all try to use it at once, or should we try to find more?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:44:28 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): do I fall back to the ground or still retain my flying ability?
[Sat Apr 14 23:44:37 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): fall
[Sat Apr 14 23:44:46 2007] : (254) Atross: "We still have a little way to go to catch the cloud. Let's keep moving and see what comes up by the time we reach them."
[Sat Apr 14 23:44:58 2007] : (253) Morti: "Depends, who thinks they can bear the weight of everyone else in flight?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:45:43 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "Lets all just hold hands and see if it works on everyone at the same time."
[Sat Apr 14 23:46:01 2007] : (253) Morti: :nods to Sevis: "That would be easier."
[Sat Apr 14 23:46:15 2007] : (252) Thom: "Yeah, let's get as close as we can before trying to fly as a group."
[Sat Apr 14 23:46:24 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens picks the figure back up and holds out his hand **
[Sat Apr 14 23:46:36 2007] : ** (248) Arun nods, and takes sevis' hand. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:46:48 2007] : ** (254) Atross gets off his horse to join in the experiment. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:47:04 2007] : (254) Atross: "It's worth testing before we have to use it in a hurry."
[Sat Apr 14 23:47:05 2007] : ** (247) Tektite grrabs onto Sevis' arm thats holding the figure **
[Sat Apr 14 23:47:19 2007] : ** (251) Daelan dismounts as he walks over to the others,placing his hand on Atross's arm **
[Sat Apr 14 23:47:29 2007] : ** (252) Thom shrugs and dismounts - joining with the others. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:47:34 2007] : ** (253) Morti rushes over to his mount gathering his essential belongings and his staff quickly before rejoining the group and joining hands **
[Sat Apr 14 23:48:40 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens waits for everyone to be connected then speaking the command word while keeping his mind focused in an attempt to keep the accent a little more controled then it was last time **
[Sat Apr 14 23:49:28 2007] : (261) DM: There is a flare of light as before and all of you rapidly ascend into the air.
[Sat Apr 14 23:49:48 2007] : (254) Atross: "Ok, stop."
[Sat Apr 14 23:49:50 2007] : ** (248) Arun sounds surprised "It worked." **
[Sat Apr 14 23:50:30 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens tries to control the flight and direct them to the Cloud **
[Sat Apr 14 23:50:37 2007] : ** (252) Thom forces himself to keep looking at the group. "Everyone happy now?" **
[Sat Apr 14 23:50:46 2007] : ** (261) Moiraine seems to regard the figurine with a piercing intensity. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:51:09 2007] : ** (251) Daelan closes his eyes tight **
[Sat Apr 14 23:51:11 2007] : ** (248) Arun looks down and laughs, as the ground gets further away. **
[Sat Apr 14 23:51:34 2007] : (261) Moiraine: "Interesting."
[Sat Apr 14 23:51:37 2007] : (254) Atross: "Can it go in directions? Left. Right."
[Sat Apr 14 23:51:41 2007] : (253) Morti: "Wahoo!" :Morti seems quite a bit more excited this time around, watching the land rushing out from beneath them and staring out over the distant landscape. "You know.. it's a lot less scary when you know it's coming."
[Sat Apr 14 23:52:01 2007] : (252) Thom: (( is that actually the cat that just talked? ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:52:18 2007] : (253) Morti: "Heh?" :looks down at Moiraine in his pocket: "Whatcah mean?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:52:42 2007] : (261) DM: The underside of the cloud rapidly approaches and in the distance, you can make out what seems to be marble docks extending outwards from the cloudstuff. Somehow that image doesn't strike you as unusual.
[Sat Apr 14 23:52:56 2007] : (261) DM: (meant to say Rhian)
[Sat Apr 14 23:53:06 2007] : (252) Thom: (( just checking... ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:53:10 2007] : (261) Rhian Sedai: "Interesting."
[Sat Apr 14 23:53:59 2007] : (253) Morti: (oh.. didn't know Rhian followed us.)
[Sat Apr 14 23:54:13 2007] : (261) DM: (well she IS with you as is Drenla)
[Sat Apr 14 23:55:07 2007] : (252) Thom: (( so are we flying towards the cloud then, and not straight up? ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:55:32 2007] : (253) Morti: "Oi.. a dock...I wonder if they can get boats up here?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:56:01 2007] : (253) Morti: "Flying boat..." :processing thought...:
[Sat Apr 14 23:56:16 2007] : (253) Morti: "That would be great! I want a flying boat!"
[Sat Apr 14 23:56:16 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens keeps ahold of the figure and makes sure they stay heading toward the cloud **
[Sat Apr 14 23:56:22 2007] : (261) DM: (yes, apparently)
[Sat Apr 14 23:57:12 2007] : (252) Thom: "Well, I guess it is quicker than the horses."
[Sat Apr 14 23:57:49 2007] : (251) Daelan: " I would rather use horses."
[Sat Apr 14 23:57:51 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "Why dont we just take the whole castle after we get rid of the giants?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:57:54 2007] : (253) Morti: "I wonder how they even make a place like this... floating on clouds. I hope I can learn how." :looks to Drenla: "You think they'd have a library in this place with studies on the matter?"
[Sat Apr 14 23:58:17 2007] : (261) DM: Marble posts are spaced at 30' intervals along the docks. Tied to each dock is an open ship floating in the air alone. They're quite massive (and empty, though you're unable to take more than a cursory glance as the figurine speeds you on your way).
[Sat Apr 14 23:58:36 2007] : (252) Thom: "It woiuld make travel faster, although our passing would be more noticed."
[Sat Apr 14 23:59:13 2007] : (248) Arun: (to seivs) "I'd settle for one of those!" (points at the airships)
[Sat Apr 14 23:59:18 2007] : (253) Morti: "OH! There are boats!"
[Sat Apr 14 23:59:21 2007] : (252) Thom: (( hopping out for a smoke. ))
[Sat Apr 14 23:59:57 2007] : (264) Vik (exit): 23:59
[Sat Apr 14 23:59:57 2007] : (261) DM: As you rapidly approach the "cloud", the figurine's speed noticeably slows and becomes a gentle approach, almost as if you're drawn to the "cloud". Looking around, you can see that it's no ordinary cloud, but rather a cloud island that somehow supports a forest and a castle deep within its environs.

[Sun Apr 15 00:00:26 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke as well ))
[Sun Apr 15 00:00:27 2007] : (253) Morti: "Woah."
[Sun Apr 15 00:00:37 2007] : (254) Atross: "A very impressive view."
[Sun Apr 15 00:02:12 2007] : (271) moneyball (enter): 00:02
[Sun Apr 15 00:03:20 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Just get us on solid ground if that is possible,then we can talk about how nice it is up here."
[Sun Apr 15 00:03:58 2007] : (271) moneyball: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 15 00:03:58 2007] : (271) moneyball (exit): 00:03
[Sun Apr 15 00:04:07 2007] : (254) Atross: "Haven't you ever wondered how the arrow feels?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:04:23 2007] : (261) DM: A white brick road leads away from the docks, into the interior of the cloud island. Several buildings can be seen in the distance. There seems to be hardly any about.
[Sun Apr 15 00:04:46 2007] : (261) DM: The figurine slows and comes to a complete halt as you're dumped unceremoniously on one of the docks.
[Sun Apr 15 00:04:52 2007] : (251) Daelan: " No,I let those whom my arrows strike suffer the flight of it."
[Sun Apr 15 00:05:07 2007] : (252) Thom: "A forest, even here? Can't get away from them."
[Sun Apr 15 00:05:29 2007] : (254) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I wonder if it's a giant forest.
[Sun Apr 15 00:05:46 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well the trees ARE quite tall.
[Sun Apr 15 00:06:18 2007] : (253) Morti: "Amazing." :Morti lets go as the others are dumped toward the dock, floating in the air a moment, staring out over the airborne forest.: "To create something so grand..."
[Sun Apr 15 00:07:09 2007] : (253) Morti: :looks down to the others: "They can't be all bad."
[Sun Apr 15 00:07:14 2007] : ** (252) Thom lands on the 'ground' in a kneeling position, his right hand automatically moving to hover near Ringrist. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:07:33 2007] : ** (254) Atross once more stands on solid whatever it should be called up here. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:08:27 2007] : ** (248) Arun moves over to look at the nearest ship, and thinks out loud. "I wonder if we could stop the siege just by stealing all the ships." **
[Sun Apr 15 00:08:51 2007] : ** (251) Daelan quickly unslings his bow,his fingers resting on the top of his quiver as he scans the area around him **
[Sun Apr 15 00:09:29 2007] : (253) Morti: :to Arun: "That's actually a pretty good idea."
[Sun Apr 15 00:09:30 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( back ))
[Sun Apr 15 00:09:39 2007] : (252) Thom: "Maybe not Morti. But they also may have taken it from someone else."
[Sun Apr 15 00:09:48 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Stealing one would be useless,does any here know how to fly or sail one?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:10:15 2007] : (253) Morti: :to Dael: "No.. but I could probably figure out how to crash them pretty quick."
[Sun Apr 15 00:10:20 2007] : ** (248) Arun gestures vaguely to Morit and Drenla "The mages might be able to figure it out." **
[Sun Apr 15 00:10:20 2007] : (254) Atross: "We still may be able to remove them."
[Sun Apr 15 00:10:41 2007] : (248) Arun: "Perhaps it is as easy as sailing a regular ship."
[Sun Apr 15 00:11:05 2007] : ** (251) Daelan looks at the ground below," I do not wish to crash Morti." **
[Sun Apr 15 00:11:05 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "Lets just look around. it does not look like anyone is about."
[Sun Apr 15 00:11:19 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens puts the figure in his pack **
[Sun Apr 15 00:11:27 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh yes
[Sun Apr 15 00:11:32 2007] : (251) Daelan: " We may be lucky and they do not know we are here yet."
[Sun Apr 15 00:11:34 2007] : (253) Morti: (how many ships are there? and what is there scale? are they too large to be piloted by humans?)
[Sun Apr 15 00:11:42 2007] : (252) Thom: "Yes, we can come back to the ships - let's see what else is up here."
[Sun Apr 15 00:11:56 2007] : (261) DM: (3 of them and MASSIVE)
[Sun Apr 15 00:12:22 2007] : (261) DM: (you could easily fit 50 men aboard each)
[Sun Apr 15 00:13:26 2007] : ** (252) Thom gives the ships an appraising look as he passes by them, heading for the white brick road, to see the keepers of the cloud. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:13:49 2007] : (252) Zane: (whispering): are the ships tied to the docks with rope, as regular ships are?
[Sun Apr 15 00:14:29 2007] : ** (253) Morti descends to the docks finally, and follows after Thom. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:14:58 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens walks along looking aound at the scales of the building **
[Sun Apr 15 00:15:00 2007] : ** (248) Arun unsheathes one sword, and heads towards the road. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:15:02 2007] : ** (254) Atross follows the white brick road, but does not whistle or sing or dance. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:15:10 2007] : (253) Lunauc: (whispering): could i make out what kind of controls the ships employ and if they are too large for humans to use?
[Sun Apr 15 00:15:53 2007] : (253) Morti: "Would we really be following the main road? Shouldn't we.... hide.. or something..?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:16:11 2007] : (253) Morti: (Should we be.. rather*)
[Sun Apr 15 00:16:11 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sun Apr 15 00:16:28 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and while humans can ride aboard, whatever controls the ship is not human sized
[Sun Apr 15 00:16:31 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): or obvious
[Sun Apr 15 00:16:36 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Apr 15 00:16:36 2007] : (254) Atross: "Didn't you want to try reasoning with them?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:16:38 2007] : ** (251) Daelan walks along the white road **
[Sun Apr 15 00:17:03 2007] : (253) Lunauc: (whispering): hmm.. have to morph to steer it I suppose
[Sun Apr 15 00:17:10 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Then perhaps I should be the one hiding,they see me and they will know why we are here Atross."
[Sun Apr 15 00:17:26 2007] : (261) DM: The buildings are quite tall. Something tells you that your time in Greece was only a taste of things to come...
[Sun Apr 15 00:17:55 2007] : (252) Thom: "Exactly. You know, that might be a good idea Daelan. You can also keep an eye on the area around us and make sure there are no ambushes."
[Sun Apr 15 00:18:34 2007] : ** (251) Daelan smiles at Thom," Ambushes,how can a giant sneak up on anything?" **
[Sun Apr 15 00:18:55 2007] : (253) Morti: "Giants might have smaller servants."
[Sun Apr 15 00:18:57 2007] : (252) Thom: "In that forest - anything could happen."
[Sun Apr 15 00:19:04 2007] : (248) Arun: "I would have been skeptical about a Giant flying, yet here we are."
[Sun Apr 15 00:19:38 2007] : ** (251) Daelan looks at Atross," When the battle starts,concentrate on their head." **
[Sun Apr 15 00:20:24 2007] : (254) Atross: "Naturally."
[Sun Apr 15 00:20:35 2007] : (251) Daelan: " I shall stay to the woods,I will keep my senses alert for anything,I will not attack unless I deem it necessary."
[Sun Apr 15 00:20:44 2007] : (261) DM: Movement can be seen down the road. It appears to be a welcoming party of sorts....
[Sun Apr 15 00:21:17 2007] : (253) Morti: (Yay! Ain't no party like a Giant Party!)
[Sun Apr 15 00:21:20 2007] : (252) Thom: "Good, go now - and let's hope you weren't already seen."
[Sun Apr 15 00:21:43 2007] : (252) Thom: "Everyone else, put your weapons away, but be ready."
[Sun Apr 15 00:21:57 2007] : ** (251) Daelan slips into the woods,keeping an eye on the approaching creatures. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:22:37 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens moves into the lead being the most unimposing looking of the party, with no weapons and other standard adventuring gear **
[Sun Apr 15 00:23:01 2007] : ** (247) Tektite melts into the brick ground **
[Sun Apr 15 00:23:12 2007] : ** (252) Thom walks with Sevis, his blade sheathed - figuring that if they do want to talk, he will be needed. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:24:19 2007] : ** (253) Morti strolls onward, petting Moiraine's head in his pocket, as he whipsers encouragingly to the kitten: "Now if it comes to it, we'll do just like we did in practice." **
[Sun Apr 15 00:24:35 2007] : ** (254) Atross leaves his bow flaming fiercely but not drawn at the ready. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:25:44 2007] : (261) DM: They're orcs and trolls. Several of them.
[Sun Apr 15 00:26:09 2007] : (252) Thom: "Well, this doesn't looks good." he mutters softly.
[Sun Apr 15 00:26:52 2007] : (254) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I hope there aren't any familiar faces here; if so, I'm not supposed to kill them yet =P
[Sun Apr 15 00:26:57 2007] : (252) Thom: (( how far away are they? ))
[Sun Apr 15 00:27:05 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "No, lets hope they are willing to bring us to speak with their masters."
[Sun Apr 15 00:27:21 2007] : ** (253) Morti reaches into his pocket, pulling a bit of cured leather. With a few transient words, he whispers to the leather, calling it glow a dim blue. He presses it to his forehead lightly, and a flash of blue aura washes over his body before fading out of sight, as the monsterous assailants appraoch(mage armor) **
[Sun Apr 15 00:27:26 2007] : (248) Arun: (sarcastically) "Anyone have a white flag?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:27:28 2007] : (251) Daelan: (whispering): when the orc are in range I step into the open bow in hand,letting them see me,orc are one of my favorite enemies.
[Sun Apr 15 00:27:51 2007] : (253) Morti: :seriously to Aru: "I have my scarf."
[Sun Apr 15 00:28:34 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens waves to the Orcs and calls out "Hello there. Would you mind escorting us to the masters of this city?" **
[Sun Apr 15 00:28:51 2007] : (252) Thom: "Hold." he calls out loudly to his friends as he holds up a hand. "Everyone still want to try talking?" he asks much quieter.
[Sun Apr 15 00:30:06 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Apr 15 00:30:19 2007] : (261) DM: ((80' and approaching)
[Sun Apr 15 00:30:22 2007] : (254) Atross: "I suppose it won't hurt. I'm doubtful about their receptiveness to it though."
[Sun Apr 15 00:30:32 2007] : (253) Morti: "I'd rather talk than fight..."
[Sun Apr 15 00:30:45 2007] : (261) DM: (about 20 orcs and 10 trolls)
[Sun Apr 15 00:30:52 2007] : ** (251) Daelan steps out into the open,his bow in hand,standing between the party and the orcs and trolls,he looks at the Orc and speaks to them in Orcen," I am Daelan La'neral,Calan'Quessir,hold now or die." **
[Sun Apr 15 00:31:16 2007] : (254) Donovan has sent you a tree node...
[Sun Apr 15 00:31:24 2007] : (252) Thom: "Then let's try it still." Thom stops as Daelan shows himself. "Then again, maybe we won't."
[Sun Apr 15 00:31:40 2007] : (254) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Dang, just about to leave now. Gave Stan my current node if someone wants to do some shooting.
[Sun Apr 15 00:31:45 2007] : (261) DM: The orc party stops, and there's some commotion as a few look at each other. Hands stray to sword hilts on the side of their belts, but they make no move to attack.
[Sun Apr 15 00:32:10 2007] : Invalid sound file!
[Sun Apr 15 00:32:25 2007] : (251) Daelan: ( still speaking in Orc)
[Sun Apr 15 00:32:29 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens looks at the elf but motions to the party to hold and whispers "Let his own stupidity teach him a lesson" **
[Sun Apr 15 00:32:29 2007] : (252) Thom: "Daelan, hold!"
[Sun Apr 15 00:32:31 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Whom do you serve?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:32:50 2007] : (253) Morti: :seeing they haven't drawn their weapons yet, whispers to the others: "Is this a good or bad sign?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:33:03 2007] : (261) DM: There is no immediate response.
[Sun Apr 15 00:33:28 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Do you serve the Giants?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:33:33 2007] : (252) Thom: "Good sign normally. but with Daelan, who knows."
[Sun Apr 15 00:34:04 2007] : (253) Morti: (did the trolls stop too?)
[Sun Apr 15 00:34:15 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens stops, shrugs but makes no agresive action toward the welcoming party **
[Sun Apr 15 00:34:18 2007] : (261) DM: They part ways, and a rather large and brutish orc with scaly skin and unruly tusks steps forth.
[Sun Apr 15 00:35:14 2007] : ** (251) Daelan narrows his eyes,smiling slightly as he sees the larger Orc," What name are you called?" **
[Sun Apr 15 00:35:36 2007] : (261) Bashar: "We serve House Stratos. Who are you that comes here?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:35:54 2007] : ** (252) Thom stays about 60 feet away where he originally stopped at, watching Daelan's encounter, with his arms crossed over his chest. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:36:03 2007] : (261) DM: (yes they did)
[Sun Apr 15 00:36:06 2007] : (251) Daelan: " I am Daelan La'neral,Calan'Quessir."
[Sun Apr 15 00:36:25 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Why do you attack the Quessir below?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:36:53 2007] : (261) Bashar: "Daelan La'neral." (savors the name as he repeats in broken elvish) "You are far from home, elf. Why have you come here?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:37:18 2007] : (261) Bashar: "The elf seeks to question us!" (snickers)
[Sun Apr 15 00:37:32 2007] : (261) DM: Guffaws break out from the troop behind him.
[Sun Apr 15 00:37:33 2007] : (251) Daelan: " To find out why you are attacking those below."
[Sun Apr 15 00:38:23 2007] : (248) Arun: (whispering to the group) "The orcs are laughing... Did he just tell a joke? Anyone speak orc?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:39:17 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens shakes his head **
[Sun Apr 15 00:39:51 2007] : (261) Bashar: "Attack your kin?" (snickers) "House Stratos does not bother with trivial pests."
[Sun Apr 15 00:39:55 2007] : ** (253) Morti listens intently for a moment, getting an ear for the dialogue, until it becomes clear (comprehend language) **
[Sun Apr 15 00:40:20 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Then why are you here?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:40:37 2007] : (252) Thom: "They aren't attacking, and neither is Daelan. Whatever is being said, it seems to be working so far."
[Sun Apr 15 00:40:53 2007] : (261) Bashar: "All of you" (gestures to Sevis and the rest of you, speaking in broken Common) "are with this pest?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:41:04 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens shakes his head **
[Sun Apr 15 00:41:45 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "Though the elves have asked us to break the sige on their village in exchange for passage though their woods, but I would prefer to not get involved. We need to get to Nith'Tar'Valon and we were wondering if you could spare one of your ships to bring us there."
[Sun Apr 15 00:42:36 2007] : (252) Thom: "We are humans, he is elf - do you think he would be with us?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:43:01 2007] : ** (261) Bashar guffaws and retreats into the orc party. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:43:29 2007] : (261) Bashar: "Kill the elf, and leave the humans alone."
[Sun Apr 15 00:43:29 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Diplomacy [1d20+14] => [17,14] = (31) if needed
[Sun Apr 15 00:43:46 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it seems to have worked ^^
[Sun Apr 15 00:44:21 2007] : ** (252) Thom stands still, waiting to see what happens next. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:44:32 2007] : (253) Morti: "Wait!" :calls after the Orc leader hastily:
[Sun Apr 15 00:44:53 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens winces as Morti calls out **
[Sun Apr 15 00:44:59 2007] : (261) Bashar: Several orcs advance, drawing their swords. A couple of trolls step out of formation, wielding pikes.
[Sun Apr 15 00:45:22 2007] : ** (261) Bashar turns to face Morti. "Oh?" **
[Sun Apr 15 00:45:25 2007] : (252) Thom: "Come on Morti - if he didn't learn his lesson when he was captured and forced to go to that swamp - maybe this will make him learn a lesson."
[Sun Apr 15 00:45:33 2007] : (261) DM: (eesh)
[Sun Apr 15 00:45:36 2007] : ** (248) Arun sees the orcs draw their weapons, and does likewise, drawing his blades, and causing them to burst into flames. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:45:40 2007] : (252) Thom: (( said quietly, to the group only. ))
[Sun Apr 15 00:46:11 2007] : (248) Arun: (whispering back to Thom) "He won't learn anything if he's dead."
[Sun Apr 15 00:46:29 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens motions to Arun "If you want to die with the elf feel free, I for one will not fight in defence of his own stupidity" **
[Sun Apr 15 00:46:32 2007] : (253) Morti: "Um..." :glances about the others, before staring across the way to Bashar, having never really thought of what to say next: "Should you really kill him so hastily?"
[Sun Apr 15 00:46:44 2007] : ** (252) Thom glances at Arun. "I have faith enough in him." **
[Sun Apr 15 00:47:31 2007] : ** (261) Bashar considers a moment, then starts shouting while breaking into a run as he heads to the building the welcoming party emerged from. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:47:43 2007] : (261) DM: (init)
[Sun Apr 15 00:47:46 2007] : ** (251) Daelan shifts his weight ever so slightly,he lowers his head slightly as he watches the trolls and orcs advance,watching them picking the spots for his arrows should they continue towards him. **
[Sun Apr 15 00:47:58 2007] : (248) Arun: Dex check: [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
[Sun Apr 15 00:48:00 2007] : (252) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Sun Apr 15 00:48:12 2007] : (252) Thom: ?ooc +5, so 18 for Thom
[Sun Apr 15 00:48:14 2007] : (253) Morti: init: [1d20+2] => [15,2] = (17)
[Sun Apr 15 00:48:17 2007] : (252) Thom: (( +5, so 18 for Thom ))
[Sun Apr 15 00:48:23 2007] : (253) Morti: Initiative: Moiraine: [1d20+2] => [18,2] = (20)
[Sun Apr 15 00:49:30 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens steps off to the side of the road "I will not fight unless they come after me unprovoked. So you fight without me." **
[Sun Apr 15 00:50:38 2007] : (251) Daelan: Init: [1d20+2] => [14,2] = (16)
[Sun Apr 15 00:50:39 2007] : (253) Morti: (I think we should be further back....))
[Sun Apr 15 00:50:56 2007] : (253) Morti: (how large are the squares?)
[Sun Apr 15 00:55:30 2007] : (261) DM: (assume 5')
[Sun Apr 15 00:56:09 2007] : (252) Thom: (( I think that puts the main group close to where we stopped then. ))
[Sun Apr 15 00:56:50 2007] : (253) Morti: (heh... edge of the boards about 65' ;p)
[Sun Apr 15 00:57:23 2007] : (252) Thom: (( and I said about 60' - so assuming they came a little closer - like I said, close enough. :P ))
[Sun Apr 15 00:57:30 2007] : (251) Daelan: INIT: [1d20+2] => [9,2] = (11)
[Sun Apr 15 00:57:47 2007] : (251) Daelan: (( sorry hit the wrong button))
[Sun Apr 15 00:58:09 2007] : (252) Thom: (( are we going to have someone run Atross? ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:01:22 2007] : (261) DM: ((one of you can if you like))
[Sun Apr 15 01:01:42 2007] : (252) Thom: (( I will, if you got the node ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:02:44 2007] : (261) DM: (so does Dael go on 16 or 11?)
[Sun Apr 15 01:03:06 2007] : (261) DM: (Drenla goes on 11, Rhian on 9)
[Sun Apr 15 01:03:10 2007] : (248) Arun: (forgot to factor in my gloves of dex. My init was actually 16)
[Sun Apr 15 01:03:11 2007] : (253) Morti: (do we get +5 to init rolls too?)
[Sun Apr 15 01:03:24 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( 16+5 since none of those rolls included the bonus ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:03:29 2007] : (261) DM: (+5 on all rolls)
[Sun Apr 15 01:03:34 2007] : (251) Daelan: (( 16)
[Sun Apr 15 01:05:29 2007] : (248) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): slap a charm spell on him and we've got ourselves a pilot :)
[Sun Apr 15 01:08:35 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( ??? ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:09:32 2007] : (248) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): I still hear you
[Sun Apr 15 01:09:52 2007] : (252) Thom: (( Stan? ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:10:31 2007] : (261) DM: ((checking something))
[Sun Apr 15 01:10:38 2007] : (252) Thom: (( k ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:13:57 2007] : (261) DM: (Sevis, 21)
[Sun Apr 15 01:14:24 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( Sevis didnt roll init and isnt fighting unless he gets attacked ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:14:40 2007] : (261) DM: ((ok, nm))

[Sun Apr 15 01:14:46 2007] : (261) DM: (Moir, 20)
[Sun Apr 15 01:14:54 2007] : (252) Zane: (whispering): you got Atross' node?
[Sun Apr 15 01:15:18 2007] : (253) Morti: (moiraine delays in Morti's pocket until asked to do otherwise.)
[Sun Apr 15 01:16:24 2007] : (252) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [18,5] = (23)
[Sun Apr 15 01:16:42 2007] : (261) DM: (Thom, 18)
[Sun Apr 15 01:17:43 2007] : ** (252) Thom watches the events unfold. "You got a good idea Sevis. Let's see what Daelan does now." He stands there, but in what appears to be a very defensive posture. **
[Sun Apr 15 01:17:50 2007] : (252) Thom: (( total defense - done. ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:17:58 2007] : (261) DM: (Mort, 17)
[Sun Apr 15 01:18:54 2007] : (252) Zane: (whispering): Bashar is running back to the keep, yes - away from the fight?
[Sun Apr 15 01:18:54 2007] : ** (253) Morti groans as the enemy comes forth ready to attack. "So much for peaceful resolution." :he steels his expression and reaches into his pouch, scooping out a bit of sulfur: (ready action to cast fireball id the enemies make any advance.) **
[Sun Apr 15 01:20:05 2007] : (253) Morti: (done)
[Sun Apr 15 01:22:49 2007] : (253) Morti: (did I freeze?)
[Sun Apr 15 01:23:03 2007] : (261) DM: (Dael, 16)
[Sun Apr 15 01:23:09 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Apr 15 01:24:08 2007] : ** (251) Daelan brings his bow up,sighting in on Orc 11 and then fires as fast as he can. **
[Sun Apr 15 01:24:25 2007] : (251) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+19] => [17,19] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [6,3,6,0] = (15)
[Sun Apr 15 01:24:26 2007] : (251) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+19] => [5,19] = (24) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [1,3,1,0] = (5)
[Sun Apr 15 01:24:26 2007] : (251) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+17] => [13,17] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [8,3,1,0] = (12)
[Sun Apr 15 01:25:07 2007] : (251) Daelan: Crit Check: [1d20+19] => [10,19] = (29) ===> Critical Damage: [3d8+9+2d10] => [4,1,2,9,9,3] = (28)
[Sun Apr 15 01:25:51 2007] : (261) DM: (don't forget to add in the +5 bonus to your rolls)
[Sun Apr 15 01:26:30 2007] : (261) DM: (which targets, Dael? all hit btw)
[Sun Apr 15 01:26:41 2007] : (251) Daelan: ( orc 11)
[Sun Apr 15 01:26:49 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( it's an Orc I think it has an arrow in each eye and one in it's mouth ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:27:04 2007] : (261) DM: It falls forward, dead.
[Sun Apr 15 01:27:20 2007] : (261) DM: (Arun, 16)
[Sun Apr 15 01:29:47 2007] : ** (248) Arun surges forward, swiftly closing distance to the orcs. As he runs, he begins spinning and slicing the air before him with his blades. He rolls between a troll and an orc, then handsprings to his feet, holding his blades out horizontally, and spinning rapidly, slashing in every direction. (Starting Dervish dance. Using Movement Mastery to take 10 on tumble, which gets me a 31. Using whirlwind attack. Rolls start with Troll north of me, then move clockwise.) **
[Sun Apr 15 01:30:07 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+26] => [16,26] = (42) Damage: [2d6+13] => [5,2,13] = (20)
[Sun Apr 15 01:30:08 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+26] => [15,26] = (41) Damage: [2d6+13] => [1,3,13] = (17)
[Sun Apr 15 01:30:10 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+26] => [9,26] = (35) Damage: [2d6+13] => [4,5,13] = (22)
[Sun Apr 15 01:30:12 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+26] => [20,26] = (46) Damage: [2d6+13] => [3,1,13] = (17)
[Sun Apr 15 01:30:13 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+26] => [3,26] = (29) Damage: [2d6+13] => [1,2,13] = (16)
[Sun Apr 15 01:31:06 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( do a crit check for your 4th attack ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:31:07 2007] : (248) Arun: ((Critical check: [1d20+26] => [7,26] = (33) Damage: [2d6+13] => [3,2,13] = (18)))
[Sun Apr 15 01:31:48 2007] : (248) Arun: (oop.s misplaced myself. where I am now is where I meant to be.)
[Sun Apr 15 01:32:04 2007] : (261) DM: (so which ones? because all 5 on one orc would be kinda overkill.))
[Sun Apr 15 01:32:19 2007] : (248) Arun: (It's whirlwind attack. one each)
[Sun Apr 15 01:33:23 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( First attack is to troll 4, 2nd to Orc3, 3rd to Orc7, 4th to Troll 3, 5th to ?? ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:33:37 2007] : (261) DM: The orcs and trollkin are quite surprised by the ferocity of Arun's attack and as one, attempt to skewer him in half in response. (Orc 2 is dead.)
[Sun Apr 15 01:33:48 2007] : (248) Arun: ((Huh. there used to be an orc sw of me...))
[Sun Apr 15 01:33:52 2007] : (248) Arun: ((oh.))
[Sun Apr 15 01:33:55 2007] : (261) DM: (The trolls attack on 12.)
[Sun Apr 15 01:34:23 2007] : (248) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): for 5 more rounds, at least.
[Sun Apr 15 01:34:48 2007] : (261) DM: (AOO by Arun)
[Sun Apr 15 01:35:16 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+26] => [14,26] = (40) Damage: [2d6+13] => [6,5,13] = (24)
[Sun Apr 15 01:35:52 2007] : (248) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): Tough orcs. Just the one died.
[Sun Apr 15 01:36:09 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+18] => [6,18] = (24),[1d20+18] => [15,18] = (33),[1d20+18] => [16,18] = (34)
[Sun Apr 15 01:37:41 2007] : (261) DM: These trolls are no ordinary trollkin but trained in the arts of war. Each wields an extremely deadly spiked pike that it twirls with precise grace, quite what you would not expect. (AC 24, 33 and 34)
[Sun Apr 15 01:38:44 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens shakes his head "Stupid" **
[Sun Apr 15 01:39:01 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): need to tell me if any of those hit you
[Sun Apr 15 01:39:05 2007] : (248) Arun: (My AC is 23. all of them hit)
[Sun Apr 15 01:39:38 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+8] => [3,8] = (11).[1d8+8] => [4,8] = (12),[1d8+8] => [1,8] = (9)
[Sun Apr 15 01:39:56 2007] : (252) Thom: "The problem is that with their leader leaving, I doubt we'd even be able to talk them into not killing Arun now."
[Sun Apr 15 01:39:58 2007] : (261) DM: (41 damage total)
[Sun Apr 15 01:40:29 2007] : ** (248) Arun gasps in pain. **
[Sun Apr 15 01:40:43 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: "I told him if he wanted to die to feel free. I guess he took up my offer"
[Sun Apr 15 01:40:56 2007] : (261) DM: (Drenla, 11)
[Sun Apr 15 01:41:37 2007] : (253) Morti: (take ready action now)
[Sun Apr 15 01:42:19 2007] : ** (261) Drenla chants rapidly, his fingers a blur of motion. He spreads his hands as bolts of lightning leap forth. (at Troll 8, Orc12, Orc 13, Orc14 and Troll7) **
[Sun Apr 15 01:42:36 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6+10] => [3,2,4,1,4,5,3,6,6,4,10] = (48)
[Sun Apr 15 01:43:06 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [18,4] = (22),[1d20+4] => [12,4] = (16),[1d20+4] => [3,4] = (7),[1d20+4] => [1,4] = (5),[1d20+4] => [11,4] = (15)
[Sun Apr 15 01:44:36 2007] : (252) Zane: (whispering): how far away is Bashar now?
[Sun Apr 15 01:44:40 2007] : (261) Drenla: Several orcs and trolls are blasted off their feet by a lightning storm unleashed by Drenla. A few lie on the cloudstuff, twitching for a minute after which their bodies are still.
[Sun Apr 15 01:44:46 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens grunts as more of the group starts attacking "Did the rest of you not hear that we were to be left alone?" **
[Sun Apr 15 01:44:49 2007] : (261) DM: (ugh)
[Sun Apr 15 01:45:03 2007] : (261) DM: (Rhian, 9)
[Sun Apr 15 01:45:21 2007] : ** (261) Rhian Sedai spreads her hands wide as she opens herself to the Source. **
[Sun Apr 15 01:45:38 2007] : (253) Morti: (uh.. can I take my ready now?)
[Sun Apr 15 01:45:51 2007] : (261) DM: Bashar turns tail towards a marble building down the road, shouting at his troops as he does so.
[Sun Apr 15 01:46:00 2007] : (261) DM: (ok)
[Sun Apr 15 01:46:24 2007] : ** (253) Morti holds out the tip of his staff like a surveyer's guide, calculation distance best he can. When he thinks he has it worked out in his head, he mutters arcane incantations, drawing up the sulfur enclosed in his fist.. As he opens his hand a ball of fire alights within it. "I'm sorry..." With a determined heave, the ball leaves hi hand, and as it arches through the sky it grows to the size of a man and bears an azure flamed scowling demonic face, which grins and guffaws as it comes down upon it's victims, before exploding in a sudden violent burst. (Fireball, dc 16, I'll draw a range, one sec) **
[Sun Apr 15 01:46:55 2007] : (261) DM: (you'll get Arun....he gets a reflex save)
[Sun Apr 15 01:48:44 2007] : (253) Morti: (eh.. something like that.. I'm having trouble with the whiteboard)
[Sun Apr 15 01:50:47 2007] : (253) Morti: (that looks about right)
[Sun Apr 15 01:51:17 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so Reflex then
[Sun Apr 15 01:51:18 2007] : (253) Morti: dmg [8d6] => [6,1,5,5,2,1,4,2] = (26)(not sure if I add +5 to that too. :P)
[Sun Apr 15 01:51:20 2007] : (248) Arun: ((You could move it north 1 square without kiling me and get another orc))
[Sun Apr 15 01:51:35 2007] : (248) Tanesh: (whispering): but he placed it so it won't hit me
[Sun Apr 15 01:51:36 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): moving at top speed
[Sun Apr 15 01:51:44 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so 20' now
[Sun Apr 15 01:51:51 2007] : (248) Arun: ((I think))
[Sun Apr 15 01:52:03 2007] : (253) Morti: ((I'd like to,but this stupid icon can't extend beyond the map))
[Sun Apr 15 01:52:06 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a little unclear
[Sun Apr 15 01:52:12 2007] : (248) Arun: (Oh)
[Sun Apr 15 01:52:18 2007] : (252) Zane: (whispering): ok - at the beginning of the next set - don't forget Atross on 23. :)
[Sun Apr 15 01:52:24 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Apr 15 01:53:02 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( if Stan turns Grid Snap on you would be able to ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:55:27 2007] : (261) DM: ((it's turned on. and one more round since your DM is fading.))
[Sun Apr 15 01:55:42 2007] : (261) DM: ((serves me right to ingest carbs at night))
[Sun Apr 15 01:55:50 2007] : (253) Morti: (anyway, sshould hit, trolls 5, 3, 6 and 8 and 0rcs 7-10, and possibly arun, depending on your judgement)
[Sun Apr 15 01:56:07 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [16,4] = (20)
[Sun Apr 15 01:56:09 2007] : (252) Thom: (( and here I thought you were health conscious... ))
[Sun Apr 15 01:56:30 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [13,4] = (17),[1d20+4] => [15,4] = (19),[1d20+4] => [11,4] = (15),[1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Sun Apr 15 01:56:44 2007] : (261) DM: (what's the DC on your spell again?)
[Sun Apr 15 01:57:00 2007] : (253) Morti: (16 ref for half)
[Sun Apr 15 01:57:03 2007] : (248) Tanesh: (whispering): So, should I be rolling reflex then?
[Sun Apr 15 01:57:22 2007] : (261) DM: (Trolls 6 and 8 are dead)
[Sun Apr 15 01:58:55 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28),[1d20+8] => [4,8] = (12),[1d20+8] => [18,8] = (26),[1d20+8] => [14,8] = (22)
[Sun Apr 15 01:59:06 2007] : (261) DM: (Orc 8 is dead)
[Sun Apr 15 02:00:11 2007] : (261) DM: The orcs retreat.
[Sun Apr 15 02:00:38 2007] : (261) DM: (save for those surrounding Arun, at least for the nonce)
[Sun Apr 15 02:00:53 2007] : (261) DM: (if you're in range, you may AOO on the retreating orcs)
[Sun Apr 15 02:01:58 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Sevis will setp in to the fight this round and make a full out run for the building the leader entered (His run move is 360ft in a round)
[Sun Apr 15 02:02:17 2007] : (251) Daelan: ( all of them are in range of my bow)
[Sun Apr 15 02:02:28 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( bows dont get AoO's ))
[Sun Apr 15 02:02:38 2007] : (251) Daelan: ( I know)
[Sun Apr 15 02:02:48 2007] : (252) Thom: "Great, now those orcs are gonna tell their boos that we are fighting them."
[Sun Apr 15 02:02:56 2007] : (252) Thom: (( *boss ))
[Sun Apr 15 02:03:23 2007] : (262) Sevis Goloens: (( only Arun gets an AoO, if he has Combat reflexes he can attack all of the ones around him ))
[Sun Apr 15 02:03:47 2007] : (251) Daelan: " Actually Thom,once Morti spoke the Orcs and Trolls were ordered to kill us all,not just me."
[Sun Apr 15 02:04:18 2007] : (248) Arun: (No combat reflexes here)
[Sun Apr 15 02:05:49 2007] : (252) Thom: "And they never would have got that order if you had kept yourself in the trees."
[Sun Apr 15 02:06:20 2007] : (248) Arun: ((Who's turn now?))
[Sun Apr 15 02:06:32 2007] : (261) DM: (23, Atr)
[Sun Apr 15 02:06:49 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Apr 15 02:07:02 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sun Apr 15 02:07:55 2007] : ** (252) Atross lines up his bow on the departing Bashar, firing off three quick shots. **
[Sun Apr 15 02:08:02 2007] : (252) Atross: Full Attack w/ bonus: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1+5] => [10,10,5,2,2,1,5] = (35)Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1+5] => [7,10,5,2,2,1,5] = (32)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1+5] => [16,5,5,2,2,1,5] = (36)
[Sun Apr 15 02:09:10 2007] : (252) Atross: (( how many hit? ))
[Sun Apr 15 02:10:56 2007] : (261) DM: ((all 3))
[Sun Apr 15 02:11:20 2007] : (252) Atross: [1d20+13] => [2,13] = (15) and [1d6] => [3] = (3) fire
[Sun Apr 15 02:11:21 2007] : (252) Atross: [1d20+13] => [5,13] = (18) and [1d6] => [6] = (6) fire
[Sun Apr 15 02:11:22 2007] : (252) Atross: [1d20+13] => [1,13] = (14) and [1d6] => [5] = (5) fire
[Sun Apr 15 02:11:35 2007] : (252) Atross: [15+18+14+3+6+5] => 61
[Sun Apr 15 02:11:35 2007] : (261) DM: He's felled.
[Sun Apr 15 02:11:55 2007] : (261) DM: (Moir, 20)
[Sun Apr 15 02:11:57 2007] : (253) Morti: ((.. and he can't get up.)
[Sun Apr 15 02:12:03 2007] : (253) Morti: (delays)
[Sun Apr 15 02:12:10 2007] : (261) DM: (Thom, 18)
[Sun Apr 15 02:12:15 2007] : ** (262) Sevis Goloens takes off at a eye bluring sprint for the door the leader was heading for **
[Sun Apr 15 02:12:48 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): All the orcs that aren't in the field of battle are headed there.
[Sun Apr 15 02:13:12 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Thats fine, he should make it firt and efectivly cut them off
[Sun Apr 15 02:13:24 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): about 7 orcs coming your way
[Sun Apr 15 02:13:26 2007] : (261) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Apr 15 02:13:28 2007] : ** (252) Thom watches the orcs running. "Damn, I guess we have to fight then." He moves up near Daelan, drawing out Ringrist as he does - making a swiping attack on the nearby troll. (Troll 1) **
[Sun Apr 15 02:13:56 2007] : (252) Thom: Ringrist attack (w/ bonus): [1d20+15+5] => [11,15,5] = (31) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5+5] => [3,5,5] = (13)
[Sun Apr 15 02:14:26 2007] : (261) DM: (hit)
[Sun Apr 15 02:14:48 2007] : (261) DM: It's enraged.
[Sun Apr 15 02:15:00 2007] : (261) DM: (Mort, 17)
[Sun Apr 15 02:17:34 2007] : (253) Morti: "Hey! Wait up!" :calls after Sevis' super sonic depart. Quickly the scrawny mage rushes over to Thom and Dael, uttering a hasty incantation on the way. As he reached them and touches each on the shoulder, space folds in on itself. They disappear from before the trolls and reappear between Sevis ans the doorway. "Don't just run off without us!"
[Sun Apr 15 02:18:26 2007] : (261) DM: (Dael, 16. Presume this is after Morti does his Paul Muad'ib impression)
[Sun Apr 15 02:19:40 2007] : (251) Daelan: (( so the orcs are behind us or in front of us?))
[Sun Apr 15 02:19:50 2007] : (253) Morti: (who?)
[Sun Apr 15 02:20:10 2007] : (248) Arun: (They're behind Morti, In front of Daelan, and all over Arun)
[Sun Apr 15 02:20:21 2007] : (261) DM: ((they're behind you (or in front of you depending on which way you're facing))
[Sun Apr 15 02:21:34 2007] : (253) Morti: ((I figure we'd be maybe 500-600 ft past arun))
[Sun Apr 15 02:21:52 2007] : ** (251) Daelan seeing Arun over run with enemies,he calmly brings his bow up sighting down the arrow as he quickly fires 3 arrows 1 arrow at Troll 5,1 arrow at orc 3 and 1 arrow at troll 3 **
[Sun Apr 15 02:22:25 2007] : (251) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [15,24] = (39) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,2,0] = (9)
[Sun Apr 15 02:22:26 2007] : (251) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+24] => [3,24] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [5,3,6,0] = (14)
[Sun Apr 15 02:22:26 2007] : (251) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+22] => [11,22] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [2,3,1,0] = (6)
[Sun Apr 15 02:22:29 2007] : (253) Morti: (or.. 50 or 60... I'm not a good judge of distantance.. especially when I don't know where the building Bashar was heading for is)
[Sun Apr 15 02:24:24 2007] : (261) DM: (well to be fair, the map hasn't been loaded yet (b/c I haven't gotten around to doing that as I've been staying late at work most of this week))
[Sun Apr 15 02:24:59 2007] : (253) Morti: (huh? no I mean.. we've gone far off the map, so I have no idea where we are atm)
[Sun Apr 15 02:25:00 2007] : (261) DM: (All hit, and they're somewhat injured but how much is not very clear.)
[Sun Apr 15 02:25:15 2007] : (261) DM: (we're stopping anyway after this round.)
[Sun Apr 15 02:25:29 2007] : (261) DM: (Arun, 16)
[Sun Apr 15 02:27:45 2007] : ** (248) Arun continues his whirling attack, this time remembering to mix in a series of parries and dodges with his movements. Once he finishes spinning, Arun dodges between his foes, retreating out of their reach before spinning to face them once more (Whirlwind attack, using 5 points of combat expertise, fighting defensively, and taking 10 on tumble to retreat) **
[Sun Apr 15 02:27:57 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+17] => [20,17] = (37) Damage: [2d6+13] => [6,2,13] = (21)
[Sun Apr 15 02:27:58 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+17] => [1,17] = (18) Damage: [2d6+13] => [1,2,13] = (16)
[Sun Apr 15 02:27:59 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+17] => [3,17] = (20) Damage: [2d6+13] => [4,2,13] = (19)
[Sun Apr 15 02:28:00 2007] : (248) Arun: +1, Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack: [1d20+17] => [20,17] = (37) Damage: [2d6+13] => [1,3,13] = (17)
[Sun Apr 15 02:28:30 2007] : (253) Morti: (ooo.. two threats)
[Sun Apr 15 02:28:41 2007] : (248) Arun: Critical: [1d20+17] => [1,17] = (18) Damage: [2d6+13] => [6,1,13] = (20)
[Sun Apr 15 02:28:47 2007] : (248) Arun: Critical: [1d20+17] => [3,17] = (20) Damage: [2d6+13] => [2,6,13] = (21)
[Sun Apr 15 02:29:28 2007] : (248) Arun: ((So 40 and 42 if those criticals work))
[Sun Apr 15 02:30:02 2007] : (248) Arun: ((actually, I proably shouldn't have rolled damage again.))
[Sun Apr 15 02:30:23 2007] : (248) Arun: ((AC is now 30))
[Sun Apr 15 02:30:38 2007] : (261) DM: (1 is a miss regardless of the +5 bonus)
[Sun Apr 15 02:30:50 2007] : (261) DM: (20 is a miss as well)
[Sun Apr 15 02:31:26 2007] : (261) DM: (not a crit on either)
[Sun Apr 15 02:31:46 2007] : (248) Arun: (k)
[Sun Apr 15 02:32:44 2007] : (261) DM: (Orc 7 is dead however, the troll is still hanging on for dear life)
[Sun Apr 15 02:33:10 2007] : (252) Thom: (( quick - someone blow on him... ))
[Sun Apr 15 02:34:03 2007] : (261) DM: (The rest retreat in the same direction as Bashar.)
[Sun Apr 15 02:34:25 2007] : (253) Morti: (in the direction of Bashar..? isn't that toward us?)
[Sun Apr 15 02:34:45 2007] : (252) Thom: (( yep... but they don't know where we went - yet... ))
[Sun Apr 15 02:34:46 2007] : (261) DM: Drenla casts fly on himself and Rhian.
[Sun Apr 15 02:35:25 2007] : (261) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop as I 'm having difficulty staying awake. begin combat next session.)
[Sun Apr 15 02:35:49 2007] : (252) Zane: (( sounds good ))
[Sun Apr 15 02:35:50 2007] : (261) DM: (I should have a map of your environs next time.)
[Sun Apr 15 02:35:52 2007] : (253) Morti: (hai)
[Sun Apr 15 02:36:42 2007] : (261) DM: remember your inits, also that there are 8 orcs and 5 trolls left
[Sun Apr 15 02:37:34 2007] : (252) Zane: k, sounds like a plan. BTW - how is Monday looking so far?
[Sun Apr 15 02:37:43 2007] : (261) DM: and yeah, I know this session sucked.
[Sun Apr 15 02:37:50 2007] : (261) DM: I'll try next time...
[Sun Apr 15 02:38:02 2007] : (261) DM: Monday? I won't know until the day of
[Sun Apr 15 02:38:18 2007] : (261) DM: I'm taking it day by day because of stuff at work
[Sun Apr 15 02:38:27 2007] : (252) Zane: k - just thought I'd ask. :)
[Sun Apr 15 02:38:50 2007] : (261) DM: I might end up moving the FR game to Monday anyway
[Sun Apr 15 02:38:56 2007] : (261) DM: just fyi
[Sun Apr 15 02:39:19 2007] : (252) Zane: oh - I could rejoin the FR game then.
[Sun Apr 15 02:39:40 2007] : (252) Zane: if you'd have me, of course. :)
[Sun Apr 15 02:40:41 2007] : (261) DM: of course lol
[Sun Apr 15 02:40:43 2007] : (253) Morti: We'll think it over
[Sun Apr 15 02:41:23 2007] : (253) Morti: :sigh: Stan... never sound excited during bargaining
[Sun Apr 15 02:41:52 2007] : (251) Daelan: well I too am exhausted,been up for about 19 hours and worked a 10 1/2 hour shift to boot.
[Sun Apr 15 02:41:55 2007] : (252) Zane: lol.
[Sun Apr 15 02:42:16 2007] : (252) Zane: Yeah, I'm gonna head out too. See you all whenever.
[Sun Apr 15 02:42:31 2007] : (251) Daelan: see you all next weekend
[Sun Apr 15 02:42:34 2007] : (253) Morti: hai.. nite all
[Sun Apr 15 02:42:44 2007] : (248) Arun: 'Night
[Sun Apr 15 02:42:51 2007] : (252) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Apr 15 02:42:51 2007] : (252) Zane (exit): 02:42
[Sun Apr 15 02:42:52 2007] : (251) Daelan: umm stan I may be late on the 28th of this month prom night you know.
[Sun Apr 15 02:43:44 2007] : (247) Tektite: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 15 02:43:46 2007] : (247) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (exit): 02:43
[Sun Apr 15 02:44:14 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 15 02:44:14 2007] : (262) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 02:44
[Sun Apr 15 02:44:18 2007] : (251) Daelan (exit): 02:44
[Sun Apr 15 02:44:18 2007] : (251) Daelan (enter): 02:44
[Sun Apr 15 02:44:39 2007] : (251) Daelan (exit): 02:44
[Sun Apr 15 02:44:41 2007] : (253) Morti: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 15 02:44:42 2007] : (253) Lunauc (exit): 02:44
[Sun Apr 15 02:45:12 2007] : (248) Arun: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 15 02:45:12 2007] : (248) Tanesh (exit): 02:45
[Sun Apr 15 02:51:04 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 15 02:51:06 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms