Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Apr 07 22:09:04 2007] : (97) Donovan (enter): 22:09

Sat Apr 07 22:09:04 2007] : (97) Donovan (enter): 22:09
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:04 2007] : (93) Zane (enter): 22:09
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:05 2007] : (95) Tanesh (enter): 22:09
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:05 2007] : (100) Lunauc (enter): 22:09
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:05 2007] : (101) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:09
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:05 2007] : (102) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (enter): 22:09
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:14 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (108) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:24 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: hm mood music
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:38 2007] : (93) Zane: Yay! There he is.
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:50 2007] : (101) Dj Gilcrease: Ahh was just about to call it a night
[Sat Apr 07 22:09:54 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: sec
[Sat Apr 07 22:12:11 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, http://farm1.static.flickr.com/189/450140265_2446b0ed05_o.jpg
[Sat Apr 07 22:12:34 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, that's the url for this map. do me a favor and use that as the default for this room for the foreseeable future
[Sat Apr 07 22:12:44 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 07 22:12:44 2007] : (101) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): ok
[Sat Apr 07 22:13:37 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: I don' t have much planned for tonight
[Sat Apr 07 22:13:40 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: brb
[Sat Apr 07 22:15:12 2007] : (93) Zane: not much, but something... maybe... perhaps... :)
[Sat Apr 07 22:15:17 2007] : (108) DM: (125) DM: The temple is much the same as you remember it the first time -- a bit dilapidated and overgrown.
** (120) Thom resists the urge to look back at the temple, and he strides out arcoss the clearing, heading back to the way he remembers Rhian and Drenla waiting. **
** (88) Daelan moves as far away from the temple as he can. **
** (121) Sevis Goloens returns to the road with Thom **
** (123) Morti glances at his fiddle, pleased to have his true instrument back, and noting his familiar coat covering himself. Reaching a hand up to the scafr once more covering his face, he sighs. "Well... home is home." Petting moiraine's head, the hage follows back up the road **
whispering to Lunauc, you have hair
** (88) Daelan walks quickly catching up to Morti," One thing I can truthfully say about you Humans,traveling with you is never dull." **
** (120) Thom moves at a rather quick pace away from the temple, back to their horses. **
(123) Morti: :nods to Daelan: "Yeah... but I wouldn't mind a bit of boredom now and again."
(119) Atross: "Such a strange land that was. Not the kind of way I like traveling though."
(121) Sevis Goloens: "Maybe we can relax at the Wite tower for a few days after we drop Rhian off."
(121) Sevis Goloens: (( *White ))
** (120) Thom remains silent as they return to their horses. **
(121) Sevis Goloens: (( I am nodding off ))
(120) Thom: (( then wake up! :P ))
(123) Morti: "That would be nice. I'd love to learn more about the Aes Sedai."
** (88) Daelan continues to follow along with the others. **
(121) Sevis Goloens: "As would I"
** (120) Thom approachs the horses and mounts up, heading off slowly - checking the front position as everyone else arrives and loads up. **
(120) Thom: (( assuming it was ok to FF... sorry, should have asked. ))
(125) DM: ((FF, sure))
(120) Thom: (( or if everyone is fading, might be a good place to wrap it up. ))
** (88) Daelan mounts up,glad to be back in familiar country once more. **
** (119) Atross mounts up and checks his supplies as well. **
(123) Morti: :mounts up to leave: "So, how much longer do we have to go before we reach the
White Tower?"
(125) DM: ((It'll take a bit to return to where you left Drenla and Rhian however))
(120) Thom: (( oh, we didn't leave them with all the horses? I foget, it's been a while. ))
(125) DM: ((about two to three hours travel.))
** (88) Daelan rides to the front,checking the ground to see if he can pick up the tracks that will lead us back to Drenla and Rhian **
** (120) Thom is ahead of the group a bit, although Daelan likely quickly catches up to him. **
(123) Morti: (afk a min)
(88) Daelan: " I see you are troubled by the loss of your shield Thom."
(88) Daelan: * amulet
(120) Thom: "It was not meant as an offereing. It was taken from me."
(120) Thom: (( yes - amulet. ))
(88) Daelan: " Well it did say that you would be rewarded tenfold."
(120) Thom: "I doubt even that is within the power of a goddess. That amulet was a reward from a powerful mage, and it saved my hide, our hide in fact, more than once."
(88) Daelan: " It is a loss we all shall feel I am sure."
** (120) Thom hangs his head slightly. "And she just took it, that's the worst part. It is not an item I would have easily parted with, but it would have been different if she had let me offer it instead of just taking it." **
(88) Daelan: " Something tells me that all it wanted was a magical item,something powerful,like your amulet,or even my bow,but you drew it out and it took it I am sorry for that."
(120) Thom: "It's the way of the gods. Be it this world, that world, or any. They can be just as petty and want magical items as much as any mortal."
(88) Daelan: " At times I think they are even more petty than the mortals."
** (88) Daelan continues to follow the tracks. **
(120) Thom: "But I thank you for your concern. Oh, and did you see anything when we decended the stairs of the temple? That was where our rewards were supposed to await us."
(88) Daelan: " I wonder how long in our world we were gone,perhaps Drenla and Rhian are not where we left them.''
** (120) Thom chuckles slightly, "It appears that we actually do have some things in common Daelan." **
(120) Thom: "Unless it was months, they would wait. I am sure of that."
(88) Daelan: " Perhaps our reward was being returned from whence we came,for that was all I saw."
(120) Thom: "Maybe, leave it to a goddess to make it sound like something more."
(88) Daelan: " The ways of the female mind,much less that of a goddess,are something we mortals will never fully understand,even if given all the time in the world."
(125) DM: As you round a bend in the road, the elderly woman you first met sits on a stump, as if awaiting your arrival.
** (120) Thom laughs out loud. "Very true. Even after having some of the thoughts of a female in my mind, I can't understand a lick of them." **
** (88) Daelan brings his horse to a sudden stop,then looks over at Thom. **
** (120) Thom brings his horse to a stop as well, as a snear sets itself on his face. **
(121) Sevis Goloens: "That was an interesting adventure my Lady"
(120) Thom: "More wild pointless errands for us?"
** (123) Morti reins his horese along with the others, noticing the old woman nearby. "Hello again, Ma'am." **
(125) Athena: "Is your faith so lacking that you require proof?" (smiles slightly)
** (120) Thom just stares at the woman. **
** (88) Daelan looks at Thom," Another goddess that speaks in circles?" **
(138) Paddrino (enter):
02:36
(120) Thom: "Who knows what she is. She sent us to that temple though, started this whole thing."
(88) Daelan: " Maybe she has your reward."
(125) Athena: "You did a great service -- more than you can possibly know -- and you will receive a reward that befits it. The ways of the gods are the same regardless of the world they live in."
** (120) Thom never takes his eyes off the woman. **
(138) Paddrino (exit):
02:38
(120) Thom: "We had figured that much out already." he mutters.
** (123) Morti scratches his covered head. "We did?" **
** (120) Thom glances back at Morti, "I'll explain... uh..." **
** (120) Thom looks around at everyone quickly, and then down at his waist - where he draws Ringrist halfway out of it's scabbard. **
** (121) Sevis Goloens goes into a defensive stance as Thom thats to draw his weapon **
** (120) Thom stops drawing Ringrist halfway out, as he is just looking at the blade some. **
** (88) Daelan places his hand upon his quiver,his eyes moving about. **
(125) Athena: "There is no need for that." (a trifle impatiently)
(119) Atross: "We did not go on that little trip to perform a service. We went there to satisfy our very mortal curiosity."
** (88) Daelan looks at Athena," Are you a goddess?" **
(125) DM: She shrugs. "Much shall be asked of you, but it shall not be I or any of the Circle who shall."
** (120) Thom returns Ringrist to it's sheath, and looks back at Morti. "Morti, how did you, uh, you know?" he asks, indicating Morti's head. **
(123) Morti: "My head..." :figuring he just means the shifting of his mask: "It's just a trick.. you've seen it before."
(125) Athena: "I am of the world."
(88) Daelan: " But you said you are of the circle."
(120) Thom: "Not that, your hair. How did you keep it?"
(125) Athena: "You visited the oracle to gain insight in order to free Hermes. Remember the answers that you were given. Remember."
(123) Morti: "HUh?" :reaches up and feels his scarf covering his head. "Oh... haha... funny..." :seeps sarcasm:
** (121) Sevis Goloens looks at Thom "What are you talking about?" **
** (120) Thom looks confused as he glances between Morti and Sevis. "But... Oh hell, now I'm seeing things. Sorry Morti," he says, his voice sounding depressed. **
(88) Daelan: " Perhaps that is your gift Thom."
** (125) Athena gestures to Morti. "Your true character will always outshine your appearance. However, my gift to you shall be that you retain what you once were for a time." **
(120) Thom: "To see things? Yeah, that's tenfold better than the amulet." the birds even sense the sarcasm on his voice.
** (125) Athena gestures to Daelan. "To question that which is, to seek truth is ever your character. My gift to you shall be that you shall gain insight in things unlooked for." **
(88) Daelan: " No the ability to see what is really there."
(123) Morti: "HUh?" :quirks his head at the Goddess dumbly:
(88) Daelan: " Look at Morti now,he has hair now does he not."
(121) Sevis Goloens: "Ahh, Thom saw that you had retained your look from wherever we were"
(120) Thom: "It looked like it to me earlier."
(123) Morti: ((they have x-ray vision through my scarf?))
** (125) Athena gestures to Atross. "To each of you all, know that Fate that smile upon you. Much shall be asked of you in the time to come but it shall not be my doing or any of the Circle." **
** (120) Thom glances back at Morti nonetheless. **
(121) Sevis Goloens: "Well Athena said he gets to keep that look."
(88) Daelan: " There are seers I have heard of that can see things before they happen,they call it fore sight,perhaps that is what you were given Thom."
(120) Thom: "Oh, that sounds like fun..."
** (123) Morti lets careful fingers drift up to his scarf, pulling the folds apart to reveal his skin, and move upward until they feel the barrier of his hairline. A swide smile forms on his lips. But the smile soon begins to fade, as he looks back to the godedd, "You said, "for a time". How long will I look like this?" **
(125) Athena: "Is it your wish to remain as you are or as you were?"
** (123) Morti gives a wry chortle as he thinks it over. "Well.. I admit... it would be nice to look like everyone else for a change. Getting funny looks as the kid in the mask, or creeping people out when they see me without it, is not very pleasant." :he chews his lip though in pensive expression.: **
(140) Tobias (enter): 03:01
(140) Tobias (exit): 03:01
** (120) Thom looks at the woman. "Very well, since we apparently did such a great service, we will be on our way. After all, time is of the essence in our attempt to save our world as well." **
(123) Morti: "But...." :a heavy breath escapes his lungs: "If it is just a silly spell that will fade with time, why lie to myself for vanity's sake?"
** (123) Morti looks up to Thom, nodding in agreement. "Right.. we should go." **
** (125) Athena smiles slightly. "Yes, so it is. Know by the power of the Spirit that moves in this world and all others, that when you wake on the morrow, it will be as if one week has passed since you first met she who has been raised to the shawl. The gift of time is precious indeed." **
(125) Athena: "That is my final gift to you."
(123) Morti: "What?" :quirks his brow to Athena's latest "gift":
(125) Athena: "Remember that which the oracle spoke of. Remember."
(121) Sevis Goloens: "That would involve going the wrong direction in time I think."
(120) Thom: "I hate time travelling." he mutters.
(125) DM: The gray-eyed woman swiftly transforms to an owl and flies off.
** (123) Morti blinks at the godess' departure and agrees with Thom, "You and me both." **
(120) Thom: "Let's just get back to Rhain and Drenla."
** (121) Sevis Goloens nods **
** (119) Atross tries to add up what day it'll suppose to be tomorrow, in that case. **
(88) Daelan: " I am begining to dislike the meeting of these gods,they have yet to speak normally,always in circles."

[Sat Apr 07 22:15:22 2007] : (108) DM: (from last session)
[Sat Apr 07 22:15:52 2007] : (108) DM: (in game, that was three days ago. you've been travelling since then.)
[Sat Apr 07 22:15:53 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 07 22:15:54 2007] : (95) Tanesh: (whispering): do you have a copy of my character node? I lost all the data on my game tree
[Sat Apr 07 22:16:21 2007] : (93) Zane: (( we met up with Rhain and Drenla shortly after talking with that 'goddess', right? ))
[Sat Apr 07 22:16:33 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sent
[Sat Apr 07 22:16:39 2007] : (108) DM: ((yep))
[Sat Apr 07 22:16:58 2007] : (95) Tanesh: (whispering): thanks
[Sat Apr 07 22:17:16 2007] : (100) Morti: (and we're where now?)
[Sat Apr 07 22:17:35 2007] : ** (93) Thom travels with the group, keeping his eyes and ears open as they travel, but not initiating conversations. **
[Sat Apr 07 22:17:56 2007] : (108) DM: (heading to the eastern border of Gwythnecht, to the country of Ar'valon. The elven forest of Lalvensalenil is to the northeast.)
[Sat Apr 07 22:18:45 2007] : (108) DM: (you're about six to seven days from the border and two more weeks from the city of the Tower.)
[Sat Apr 07 22:19:08 2007] : (100) Morti: (any towns or such nearby?)
[Sat Apr 07 22:20:18 2007] : (108) DM: According to Rhian, this close to the forest is really frontier. Very few settlements dot the land and of those, most are either Ogier or fae, and some not necessarily welcoming.
[Sat Apr 07 22:21:55 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 07 22:21:55 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): Thom is just spotting and listening as they travel, trying to stay alert for any signs of trouble - since he can't use his amulet to scan anymore... :(
[Sat Apr 07 22:22:09 2007] : (108) DM: Ar'valon is mostly agragrian. A few towns here and there. Most of the urban areas surround the city of the Tower. Sidhel is the gate city and is the site of the Bridge of Light, which travellers use to ascend to Nith'Tar Valon.
[Sat Apr 07 22:22:37 2007] : (108) DM: The City of the Tower is a flying city, held aloft by the power of saidar.
[Sat Apr 07 22:23:02 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "So Rhain, I want to understand what type of questions I can ask without risking instant retebution from your sisters. I would prefer to stay living, but I also would like to unerstand if your fears of males using the One Power still hold true."
[Sat Apr 07 22:23:42 2007] : ** (100) Morti rides along with the others, his scarf hanginabout his neck to reveal his temporarily normal face. The novelty of the trick has worn off, but at least he hasn't been scratching off dead skin and scales the last couple of days. Now he plays his fiddle as his horse follows the others, and Moiraine curls in his lap. It's a jaunty little tune **
[Sat Apr 07 22:23:44 2007] : (100) Morti: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+6 ] => [16,6] = (22)
[Sat Apr 07 22:24:03 2007] : (100) Morti: :And after practicing it for the last few hours, he seems to be getting it right
[Sat Apr 07 22:24:36 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Nothing to do with channeling or saidan."
[Sat Apr 07 22:25:49 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Of the Ajahs, only the Red and Green would take more than a passing fancy in a man, the Reds to kill you or still you, the Greens to bed you or bond with you if you were a Warder."
[Sat Apr 07 22:26:18 2007] : (100) Morti: ((note to self... green is good))
[Sat Apr 07 22:26:34 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai regards Sevis a bit coolly. "You still haven't told me why you want to come with me to the Tower." **
[Sat Apr 07 22:26:37 2007] : (93) Thom: (( green means go - red means stop. ))
[Sat Apr 07 22:27:01 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Well that very much limits what I can ask. Especialy since that exactly what I want to find out about. So I should avoid the Red Ajah all together."
[Sat Apr 07 22:27:46 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "The easiest way to avoid them is to not come with me, I would think."
[Sat Apr 07 22:28:32 2007] : (100) Morti: :as he plays: "Eh? But I really wanna see the Tower."
[Sat Apr 07 22:28:40 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "I have told you, I want to find out more about this One Power, and if your fears and persicution of males who have comtrol of it are still valid."
[Sat Apr 07 22:29:27 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "My fears of a man who can channel not as much as some of my sisters, as I have not seen any in my time. Still, we must be vigilant. The writings say that a sign that the Dragon is reborn shall be when men can channel, at the time of the Last Battle."
[Sat Apr 07 22:30:27 2007] : (100) Morti: :stops playing: "Oh, The Dragon Reborn! We still have to find him."
[Sat Apr 07 22:30:49 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai shrugs. "My fears, or the fears of my Sisters?" **
[Sat Apr 07 22:30:57 2007] : (95) Arun: "Dragon reborn? Who is that?"
[Sat Apr 07 22:30:59 2007] : ** (97) Atross shrugs, "There's still a lot we have to do, Morti." **
[Sat Apr 07 22:31:28 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "The fears of you and your sisters. If your Red Ajah kills men who can channel then arnt you risking killing this person?"
[Sat Apr 07 22:31:32 2007] : (100) Morti: :nods to Atross and responds to Arun: "Some prophecised hero who can stop the Dark One."
[Sat Apr 07 22:31:35 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai turns to Morti, her eyebrows raised slightly. "You know of the Dragon?" **
[Sat Apr 07 22:32:55 2007] : (100) Morti: :nods Rhian: "Of course I do, he's yo-er...." :purses his lips, considering something before correcting himself, ".. your people's prophecy, right?"
[Sat Apr 07 22:32:57 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: (to Sevis) "I belong to the Gray." (coolly) "We of the Gray do things differently than those of the Red. We seek to work against the Shadow in our own way. Nothing to do with male channellers."
[Sat Apr 07 22:33:28 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 07 22:33:28 2007] : (100) Morti: (whispering): he is supposed to be rhian's brother, right?
[Sat Apr 07 22:35:00 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: (to Morti) "The Dragon is spoken of by many cultures within the world, not just the Aes Sedai. Amongst the Mel'Cendians, he shall reshape the land in his own image and lead the Empire once again. The dawn elves speak of him reverently, saying that he shall restore balance to the Pattern and remove the curse of Lalven Tathothaun."
[Sat Apr 07 22:36:02 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "I think that the legend of the Dragon is used to rewrite history according to the dreams and fears of those who would see him as a messiah or as a destroyer. The truth is much more complex than what these beliefs hold."
[Sat Apr 07 22:36:14 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): OOC yes
[Sat Apr 07 22:36:24 2007] : (100) Morti: :nods: "Right, right. how complex?
[Sat Apr 07 22:36:31 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): IC she thinks she's an only child
[Sat Apr 07 22:36:48 2007] : (100) Lunauc: (whispering): but ic info for us, right?
[Sat Apr 07 22:36:57 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Yes you explained something of the Ajahs before. Grey are diplomats and negotiators. Brown are the book worms, Green are guardians, the others you did not explain their role. So I guess I should speak mostly with the Brown Ajah about the male channelers. And the Grey to find out about this world."
[Sat Apr 07 22:37:28 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Perhaps each of these has a kernel of truth. We believe that the Dragon will have an important role to play against the Dark One, wherein he shall fight to save the world from the Shadow or perish for all time."
[Sat Apr 07 22:39:36 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Sounds like the apocalypse from my own religion. An ultimate battle between Good and Evil."
[Sat Apr 07 22:40:01 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Seven Ajahs: the White are logicians, the Brown seek knowledge. Greens are battlemages, Reds seek to hunt down males who can channel. Blue sisters strive for social causes and justice, Yellow sisters are renowned Healers. And we are the diplomats."
[Sat Apr 07 22:40:10 2007] : (100) Morti: Sounds like a big headache to me
[Sat Apr 07 22:40:24 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Apr 07 22:41:43 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "You may hear of an eighth, the Black, but as far as I am concerned, such things are fit only for tales told to children so that they may part ways from troubling behavior."
[Sat Apr 07 22:42:12 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "If the Black exists, the Amyriln would know of them."
[Sat Apr 07 22:42:29 2007] : (100) Morti: "Amyriln?"
[Sat Apr 07 22:42:43 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "The Amyrlin Seat, the head of the Tower."
[Sat Apr 07 22:43:17 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai adjusts herself on her horse as you canter along. **
[Sat Apr 07 22:43:34 2007] : (100) Morti: "Oh."
[Sat Apr 07 22:44:18 2007] : ** (93) Thom pushes his horse ahead of the group for a bit, to make sure the way is clear. **
[Sat Apr 07 22:44:34 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): Still spotting and listening. :)
[Sat Apr 07 22:44:43 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): still clear
[Sat Apr 07 22:44:59 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Ahh interesting, I can see some symbolism in the colors as well. Grey is the color of nutrality, White is the lack of emotion, Yellow represents a feeling of wellness, Blue is the color of peace and prosperity, Red if of danger and threat. Green and brown are a little less clear. Brown likly represents the color of book bindings, or maybe just for covering up the ink stains you recive when you spend too much time with tomes"
[Sat Apr 07 22:45:24 2007] : ** (97) Atross continues to hang back with the main group, watching the scenery while listening to the conversation going on **
[Sat Apr 07 22:45:59 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens walks along keeping pace with the horses without even breaking into a jog **
[Sat Apr 07 22:46:12 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "I have never thought of it that way. I can see how you might perceive it as such." (glances around her)
[Sat Apr 07 22:47:18 2007] : ** (93) Thom returns to travel with the group after a few moments. **
[Sat Apr 07 22:48:32 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "I am quite certain that you would be welcome at the Tower as my guests, in any event. It has been so very long since I have been there, and now since being raised to the shawl, I long to return."
[Sat Apr 07 22:48:48 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "So do you know why the liquid man thing was attacking you? Was it just a chance encounter or do you think you were the target?"
[Sat Apr 07 22:49:24 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "The gholam? No." (shudders)
[Sat Apr 07 22:49:30 2007] : (93) Thom: "We do have our own quest that we must return to. If we do visit, it will likely be a short visit. Right everyone?"
[Sat Apr 07 22:49:44 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "But if you had not come along when you did, I would be dead now."
[Sat Apr 07 22:50:03 2007] : (100) Morti: :Nods to Thom: "I plan to visit it again in 30 years anyway."
[Sat Apr 07 22:50:21 2007] : ** (93) Thom nods to Morti. **
[Sat Apr 07 22:50:36 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai glances curiously at Morti but doesn't reply. **
[Sat Apr 07 22:50:58 2007] : (97) Atross: "He's just making plans for the future. It's good to have goals."
[Sat Apr 07 22:51:06 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens looks to Thom "I actualy wanted to spend a few days there and get some real rest for a change. And that would give me a chance to ask my questions." **
[Sat Apr 07 22:51:22 2007] : ** (100) Morti raises his fiddle once more and continues playing has travelling music **
[Sat Apr 07 22:52:06 2007] : (108) Drenla: "You seem to have had quite an adventure, I must say. Travelling with you is never boring."
[Sat Apr 07 22:52:18 2007] : (93) Thom: "A few days, sure. Let's just be sure to keep mind of the time."
[Sat Apr 07 22:52:41 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Do your sisters have a test to verify if a male is a channler?"
[Sat Apr 07 22:53:28 2007] : (100) Morti: :to Drenla: "Boring would be nice for a change." :sighs as the tempo slows to a pensive waltz:
[Sat Apr 07 22:54:27 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Women who can channel cannot sense saidan, which is the power that a man would use if he could channel. Similarly, male channelers cannot sense the presence of saidar, the female half of the One Power. I have heard tales of angreal and sa'angreal that could be used to test for one or the other but such do not now exist in this Age."
[Sat Apr 07 22:57:28 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens nods "So how would these Red sisters of your know if a man is a channeler, a Charlatan, or another form of magic user?" **
[Sat Apr 07 22:57:47 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Angreal are items of tremendous power and used to augment the capability of either a male or female channeler. Sa'angreal are similar except that they allow either to draw more of the One Power than normal. I have not heard of any in active use, though perhaps others in the Tower might have, or perhaps there might be a record."
[Sat Apr 07 22:58:48 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai shrugs. "There are ways, I am told, to know of a male channeler that does not involve the use of the Power. You would have to ask however." (smiles slyly) **
[Sat Apr 07 22:59:15 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "I'll make sure to do that."
[Sat Apr 07 22:59:59 2007] : (100) Morti: :to Rhian: "Oh, you mean like superstitions? Like, if he's a channeler, he can't cross moving water?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:00:08 2007] : (100) Morti: "Or.. he can't step on consecrated ground?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:00:21 2007] : (100) Morti: "Or salt water burns his flesh?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:00:39 2007] : (100) Morti: "Or cats run in circles whenever he's around?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:01:19 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "No. I mean as in observation. A man who can channel has certain visible effects on the world that would be obvious to one who knows of such things."
[Sat Apr 07 23:01:24 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens scratches his head as he looks at Morti **
[Sat Apr 07 23:01:59 2007] : (100) Morti: "What? Cat's running in circles is a visible effect."
[Sat Apr 07 23:02:06 2007] : ** (93) Thom looks between the others as they discuss, wondering if they will actually make this a short stop or not. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:02:52 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "I have heard tales for example of wizards who are able to manifest magicka in themselves without use of typical spellcasting such as your friend Drenla. Others who use powers of their mind. A Red would bind you first before observing. Others, perhaps not."
[Sat Apr 07 23:03:20 2007] : ** (108) Drenla listens absently as he walks along. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:04:30 2007] : (100) Morti: "Bind me?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:04:55 2007] : (100) Morti: 0.o
[Sat Apr 07 23:05:06 2007] : ** (102) Tektite pops up out of the ground "Tell Sevis what you know of those who use the power of the mind. He keeps thinking he can control some other form of power I have never heard" **
[Sat Apr 07 23:05:14 2007] : (108) Drenla: "Gentle you, or shackle you."
[Sat Apr 07 23:05:41 2007] : (100) Morti: "I know what the word means... but what did I ever do to them?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:05:44 2007] : (108) Drenla: "In other words, they would make it so you would not be able to use magicka or the Power again."
[Sat Apr 07 23:06:12 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "What?" ** turning to Tektite **
[Sat Apr 07 23:06:25 2007] : (97) Atross: "Just to be on the safe side, I'm sure. I expect they're not too welcome at parties."
[Sat Apr 07 23:07:03 2007] : ** (102) Tektite shakes her head "Told you, you had to figure out on your own." **
[Sat Apr 07 23:07:16 2007] : (108) Drenla: "It is an irrational fear to be sure, but then, if you had asked me some time ago, I would have said that a m---....a gholam would not exist."
[Sat Apr 07 23:07:52 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "What were you going to call it?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:08:11 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens glars at Tektite **
[Sat Apr 07 23:08:21 2007] : ** (102) Tektite melts back into the ground **
[Sat Apr 07 23:08:39 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "A Red would say one less male in the world is one less person able to bring about Tarmon'Gaidon." (shrugs)
[Sat Apr 07 23:08:47 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Reds have no love for men."
[Sat Apr 07 23:09:51 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "After all, it was men who caused the Breaking of the World, or so the stories say."
[Sat Apr 07 23:10:21 2007] : (100) Morti: "Eh? How'd we do that?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:13:12 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "The stories say that in a time long past, so long ago that no one alive or in recent memory can recall, a seeker of knowledge broke open the prison that held the Dark One separated from the world. Not this world of Andurin, but the world where my order originated. And in the act of doing so, the Dark One was able to manifest across time and space and in all possible worlds."
[Sat Apr 07 23:15:43 2007] : (100) Morti: "Isn't that theact of a man... rather than men in general?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:16:04 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "When the Dark One was released, it caused a great darkness to spread across the world He most affected. Riots, chaos and madness ensued. Aes Sedai turned to the Shadow, and it seemed as if mortals were about to destroy themselves. It took an Aes Sedai of incalculable power, a man named Lews Therin Telamon and 100 of his companions to seal the Dark One in his prison. They sacrificed themselves to save the world. Yet the Dark One had a masterstroke. In revenge, the Dark One tainted saidin. At the moment of the sealing, all male channelers alive at the time became permanently and irrevocably insane."
[Sat Apr 07 23:17:03 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "When they descended into madness, they would have destroyed the world as a result of misusing their powers. So the stories say."
[Sat Apr 07 23:17:21 2007] : (100) Morti: "Oh.. that's bad."
[Sat Apr 07 23:18:29 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Because of this, any man who can channel at present time is someone to be feared, and if I were a Red, I would view it as my duty to prevent another Breaking from occurring. IF I were a Red, you would not be here talking to me."
[Sat Apr 07 23:19:14 2007] : (100) Morti: "Question.. if the Dragon Reborn is to be a male channeler.... wouldn't that make him insane?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:19:15 2007] : (93) Thom: "Wait, so a man and his companions sacrificed themselves to stop this Dark One, and instead of honoring their sacrifice, these Reds would rather kill any man they meet?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:19:39 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "No you would be dead from that liquid man thing as you would not have had your Warder"
[Sat Apr 07 23:19:58 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai looks over to Drenla and shrugs. "It is what it is, Thom." **
[Sat Apr 07 23:20:40 2007] : ** (93) Thom shakes his head and mumbles something about women, goddesses, and Reds. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:21:11 2007] : (100) Morti: "Does that mean, they may try to kill the Dragon Reborn?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:21:29 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "It is certainly possible."
[Sat Apr 07 23:21:46 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "If they cannot control him, they may attempt to gentle him."
[Sat Apr 07 23:21:49 2007] : (100) Morti: :cringes: "That's not good"
[Sat Apr 07 23:22:03 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "There have been false Dragons in the past. This has happened before."
[Sat Apr 07 23:23:43 2007] : (100) Morti: :sigh: "I wonder if he's the real one then..."
[Sat Apr 07 23:24:07 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens looks at Morti "Which is why I want to investigate the mater a little. No orginization with any power should support and act on irational fears to the detrement of others. The Inquisition that was happening on my world was based on such." **
[Sat Apr 07 23:24:32 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "There are certain signs and events that must come to pass first before a Dragon can be proclaimed as the True Dragon."
[Sat Apr 07 23:24:32 2007] : (110) No Name (enter): 23:24
[Sat Apr 07 23:25:04 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Acording to that logic the real one would be the one who happened to be smart enough to stay quiet about his abilities."
[Sat Apr 07 23:25:23 2007] : (93) Thom: "It seems to not matter Sevis. Most organizations, or individuals, with any power tend to act irrationally - regardless of who or where they are."
[Sat Apr 07 23:25:45 2007] : (110) Daelan: ( sorry I am late)
[Sat Apr 07 23:26:15 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (110) Daelan...
[Sat Apr 07 23:26:22 2007] : (93) Thom: (( that's fine, we're just RPing ))
[Sat Apr 07 23:27:29 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Twice and twice shall he be marked,
twice to live and twice to die.
Once the wolf, to set his path.
Twice the wolf, to name him true.
Once the Dragon, for remembrance lost.
Twice the Dragon, for the price he must pay."
"Twice dawns the day when his blood is shed.
Once for mourning, once for birth.
Red on black, the Dragon's blood stains the rock of the City of Secrets.
In the Tower high shall his blood free men from the Shadow."

[Sat Apr 07 23:27:53 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "That's one foretelling."
[Sat Apr 07 23:28:01 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Another proclaims:
[Sat Apr 07 23:28:44 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Acting irationaly is differing the holding to irational and contridictory views. Rhian said that the Dragon Reborn was going to be a male channeler, but they kill all male channeler in the hopes of delaying their own prophacies"
[Sat Apr 07 23:30:32 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: Into the heart he thrusts his sword,
into the heart, to hold their hearts.
Who draws it out shall follow after,
What hand can grasp that fearful blade?

The north shall he tie to the east, and the west shall be bound to the south.

He shall slay his people with the sword of peace, and destroy them with the leaf.
He shall bind the seven stars to serve him.
He shall heal wounds of madness and reverse the tide against hope.

[Sat Apr 07 23:31:23 2007] : (95) Arun: "I am new to most of these concepts, but I think I understand why the Red Ajah might do what they do. If male Channelers are such a great threat, it is understandable that an organization needs to control them. And if this prophecy about the Dragon Reborn is to be believed, then the actions of an organization couldn't stop him from fulfilling his role, could it? No one can stop fate."
[Sat Apr 07 23:31:49 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "There are others. I am not well versed in prophecies and lore, so I could not tell you what any of these mean."
[Sat Apr 07 23:32:59 2007] : (93) Thom: "So if they can't actually stop him, then they are attacking men for nothing, right?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:33:39 2007] : (97) Atross: "To them, the people are dangerous. Even so, they aren't at the time..."
[Sat Apr 07 23:33:41 2007] : (95) Arun: "They can't stop the dragon, but is he not supposed to be a savior? It is not in their interest to stop him, only the tainted channelers, if I understand this correctly"
[Sat Apr 07 23:33:51 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "For example, the seven stars may refer to the Tears of Elantra, which is a constellation above in the night sky, or it may refer to the seven houses most ascendant in the Empire of Mel'Cendia, or it might refer to the scions of Nippon in the farthest reaches of this land."
[Sat Apr 07 23:34:37 2007] : ** (93) Thom shakes his head at Arun, "Still doesn't make it right." **
[Sat Apr 07 23:35:25 2007] : (95) Arun: "If they at one point posed a threat to the entire planet, then I believe that it is a neccessity."
[Sat Apr 07 23:35:29 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "What does it mean to slay people with the sword of peace? To destroy them with a leaf? So you see, if a man who could channel proclaimed him to be the Dragon Reborn, he would need to fulfill these signs. Else, he be a false Dragon."
[Sat Apr 07 23:36:33 2007] : (100) Morti: "Hmmm... sounds complicated. Lets hope we can help him somehow"
[Sat Apr 07 23:36:43 2007] : (93) Thom: "Why would someone even want to proclaim themselves as such? Sounds to me like that person is just asking for a lot of pain."
[Sat Apr 07 23:37:17 2007] : (111) [DG] Firewater (enter): 23:37
[Sat Apr 07 23:38:28 2007] : Server Administrator-> Banning '(111) [DG] Firewater' from server...
[Sat Apr 07 23:38:29 2007] : (111) [DG] Firewater (exit): 23:38
[Sat Apr 07 23:38:46 2007] : (108) Drenla: "Sometimes it is not himself but those around him who see him as such. Sometimes, people pin their hopes and fears on one person, Thom. That he or she may fulfill them for whatever purpose fits their needs."
[Sat Apr 07 23:39:04 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): eh? you banned him?
[Sat Apr 07 23:39:06 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Apr 07 23:39:26 2007] : (93) Thom: "And we are back to people that are in power, or want it."
[Sat Apr 07 23:39:32 2007] : (101) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ya, he likes to spam rooms to go join his games
[Sat Apr 07 23:39:39 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I see
[Sat Apr 07 23:39:42 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nice heheh
[Sat Apr 07 23:40:09 2007] : (101) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): I missed him last time I saw him spaming so I figured I would get him this time
[Sat Apr 07 23:41:12 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sat Apr 07 23:41:32 2007] : (93) Thom: (( sounds good. ))
[Sat Apr 07 23:41:59 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Regardless, I am not a Red, so you do not need to fear me. However, if you wish to accompany me to the Tower, you must promise not to speak too freely. There is a saying that I have heard....'The truth an Aes Sedai speaks is not the truth you hear.' You did not hear that from me."
[Sat Apr 07 23:42:36 2007] : ** (110) Daelan sits and listens to what is being said,not completly understanding what the prophices mean. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:43:19 2007] : ** (93) Thom makes a point to look and speak directly at Morti. "You hear that Morti? One must watch what is said. We wouldn't want you to slip on even a syllable and have a Red do this 'stilling' to you." **
[Sat Apr 07 23:43:44 2007] : (100) Morti: "Heh.. sounds like the saying of Kernish merchants and the books the keep and the books they show"
[Sat Apr 07 23:44:01 2007] : (110) Daelan: " This Aes Sedai is a Human yes?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:44:33 2007] : (100) Morti: :glances thom: "But I'm not even a channeler." :then looks curiously to Rhian: "Am I?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:46:07 2007] : (97) Atross: "That's a curious question actually. There are non-human channelers, right?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:47:10 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Yes."
[Sat Apr 07 23:47:28 2007] : (108) DM: (in reply to Daelan)
[Sat Apr 07 23:47:52 2007] : (108) Drenla: "You are not, Morti, but some might say you are."
[Sat Apr 07 23:48:00 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Then fear not,for I shall not speak to it."
[Sat Apr 07 23:48:01 2007] : (100) Morti: "Huh?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:48:25 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "There are some who possess the capacity to channel who are not human, ays."
[Sat Apr 07 23:49:38 2007] : (108) Drenla: "You yourself are not a channeler, but there are some who might say that you are, wrong as they would be."
[Sat Apr 07 23:50:13 2007] : (100) Morti: "Uh.. okay.. as long as they don't try to bind me."
[Sat Apr 07 23:52:26 2007] : (108) DM: ((FF if you like))
[Sat Apr 07 23:53:04 2007] : (93) Thom: (( fine by me. ))
[Sat Apr 07 23:54:11 2007] : (108) DM: ((later that evening, you're setting up camp. Elamurix btw has spent a few hours hunting and getting the lay of the land which is why he hasn't been present.))
[Sat Apr 07 23:55:04 2007] : ** (108) Maximillian curls up atop a log, one eye half open and watching Elamurix intently as he plucks a brace of pheasants. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:55:11 2007] : ** (110) Daelan slips into the night,finding a place not far from camp,but not to close either as he gets ready to meditate then take his watch. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:55:42 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai spreads out several maps atop a piece of slate as she confers with Drenla and looks up at you. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:56:05 2007] : ** (100) Morti settles down with his books as he lets Moiraine roam about the camp. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:56:14 2007] : (108) Drenla: "It seems you have a choice of direction." (as he peruses the maps)
[Sat Apr 07 23:56:45 2007] : ** (95) Arun sits by the fire, sharpening one of his daggers. **
[Sat Apr 07 23:57:06 2007] : (108) Drenla: "You can either chance the forest or route around it. If you route around the elven woods, you would add a week's travel time. There are advantages and disadvantages to each."
[Sat Apr 07 23:57:37 2007] : (108) DM: A heavily wooded treeline can be seen in the distance near the horizon.
[Sat Apr 07 23:57:49 2007] : (100) Morti: 'What's the disadvantage of going through the woods?"
[Sat Apr 07 23:58:20 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens glances at Daelen **
[Sat Apr 07 23:58:22 2007] : (93) Thom: "Ask Daelan."
[Sat Apr 07 23:58:58 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Apr 07 23:58:58 2007] : (110) Daelan: (whispering): we are close to my home right?
[Sat Apr 07 23:59:03 2007] : (100) Morti: :nods to Thom, before yelling out into the darkness: "OI DAEL! COME HERE!"

[Sun Apr 08 00:00:15 2007] : ** (110) Daelan looks over to the camp,then stands up in one graceful movement as he walks back to camp," You would be wise to keep your voice down Morti,there are things in the night you may not wish knowing where you are." **
[Sun Apr 08 00:00:18 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens looks at Morti "Who are you yelling for?" **
[Sun Apr 08 00:00:36 2007] : (108) Drenla: "Centuries ago, this was mostly forested land until a gate opened from another world from which poured forth a vast horde of orcs, trolls and giantkin. A great war was fought between the elves who lived here and the invaders. In the end, great magicka was wrought that completely devastated both sides and created Undolyssil, the Lake of Death. The woods that remain are a testament to the might of the elven peoples who resisted their would-be conquerors and are also a living tomb."
[Sun Apr 08 00:01:13 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Apr 08 00:01:27 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what Drenla is saying you know as IC info
[Sun Apr 08 00:01:40 2007] : (110) Daelan: " What is it you wish Morti?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:01:43 2007] : (100) Morti: :nods to Drenla's statement before turning to their resident elf: "Is that bad?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:01:52 2007] : (108) Drenla: "Your friend Daelan should know, since he hails from the woods."
[Sun Apr 08 00:02:23 2007] : (100) Morti: "How dangerous would it be for us to travel through?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:02:27 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): some info for you
[Sun Apr 08 00:03:05 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the western half of the woods are populated by green elves who share much of the same outlook that Daelan has towards nonelves
[Sun Apr 08 00:03:15 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Aes Sedai are a grudging exception
[Sun Apr 08 00:03:20 2007] : (93) Thom: "I'm already voting for going around. There are too many places in an area that heavily forested for attackers to hide."
[Sun Apr 08 00:03:22 2007] : (110) Daelan: " For myself not dangerous at all."
[Sun Apr 08 00:03:44 2007] : (100) Morti: "And for us?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:03:46 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the woods are filled with undead to the west, especially close to the Lake of Death
[Sun Apr 08 00:03:52 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Only Calan live there Thom."
[Sun Apr 08 00:04:08 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the green elves see it as their duty to keep holy their sacred sites, to defend their lands from nonelves and to hold the undead at bay
[Sun Apr 08 00:04:13 2007] : (110) Daelan: " The western wood is filled with the living dead."
[Sun Apr 08 00:04:21 2007] : (93) Thom: "And are you saying that they would not attack us?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:04:37 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they are too proud to accept help
[Sun Apr 08 00:05:03 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the eastern half (closer to Ar'valon's border) is relatively pristine forest
[Sun Apr 08 00:05:24 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Ogier and Sidhe live in this part of the woods
[Sun Apr 08 00:05:38 2007] : (110) Daelan: " No I am not saying that at all,only Atross would be aloud to pass,and myself of course,and any Aes Sedai."
[Sun Apr 08 00:05:55 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "What dangers lie in the going around?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:06:05 2007] : (100) Morti: "That's not very fair"
[Sun Apr 08 00:06:21 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Green elves actually like Ogier and Sidhe/fae as they are closest to elvenkind in thought, deed and history though they are nonelves
[Sun Apr 08 00:06:21 2007] : (110) Daelan: " None that I am aware of."
[Sun Apr 08 00:06:36 2007] : (110) Daelan: " We Calan do not trust any non Quessir Morti."
[Sun Apr 08 00:06:54 2007] : (100) Morti: "And I say that's not fair."
[Sun Apr 08 00:07:45 2007] : (110) Daelan: " We do like the Ogire and Sidhe,for they think and act as a Quessir."
[Sun Apr 08 00:08:10 2007] : (110) Daelan: *Ogrie
[Sun Apr 08 00:08:27 2007] : (93) Thom: "So, Daelan just admitted that most of us would not be allowed to pass through. That leaves only the option to go around."
[Sun Apr 08 00:08:27 2007] : (110) Daelan: * Ogier
[Sun Apr 08 00:08:39 2007] : (95) Arun: (to Daelan) "Could you negotiate passage for the rest of us? Elves may not trust us, but they would trust you."
[Sun Apr 08 00:08:41 2007] : (110) Daelan: ( damn typos)
[Sun Apr 08 00:09:19 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "There is of course a third alternative."
[Sun Apr 08 00:09:19 2007] : (100) Morti: "So.. I don't get to see an elven village, and we have an extra week's travel..." :groans and hangs his head: "I really wish I was better at teleportation."
[Sun Apr 08 00:09:35 2007] : (110) Daelan: " I may be able to,but you would have to do as I say,anything less and your lives would be forfiet."
[Sun Apr 08 00:09:50 2007] : ** (93) Thom looks at Rhain, with abvoius skeptecism in his eyes. **
[Sun Apr 08 00:10:16 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "There are sla-mori near here that while are within the borders of the forest, would allow us to bypass the woods completely if only your kin would allow us to use them."
[Sun Apr 08 00:10:20 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Atross is a proclaimed elf friend and he carries the totem of a Calan."
[Sun Apr 08 00:11:09 2007] : (100) Morti: "Sla-mori... would be faster than trekking through the forest..."
[Sun Apr 08 00:11:25 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Is the Sla-Mori faster then going around?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:11:27 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "Naturally, using a sla-mori is a danger unto itself. Built with elven magicka, some of them have been abandoned or fallen into disuse so who knows what dangers lurk within?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:11:34 2007] : (100) Morti: :adds with a grin: "And I really would love to see one."
[Sun Apr 08 00:12:39 2007] : (108) Drenla: "A sla-mori is elven for a 'waygate'. It consists of a dungeon built around a gate of teleportation. When this was a green elven kingdom, sla-mori were abundant and provided a means to get from one place to another in a relatively short amount of time."
[Sun Apr 08 00:12:48 2007] : ** (93) Thom sits down near the fire and leans back while listening. **
[Sun Apr 08 00:13:01 2007] : (110) Daelan: " I can not promise anything,they may let you use them,then again they may wish something for the use of them,I can not say."
[Sun Apr 08 00:13:46 2007] : (108) Drenla: "With the advent of Men, many elves destroyed them rather than see their gates used by nonelves."
[Sun Apr 08 00:13:46 2007] : (100) Morti: "Well..we could at least try asking. Worst comes to worst we end up going around anyway, right?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:14:05 2007] : ** (93) Thom draws out Ringrist and works on making sure it's clean and still sharp, ready for whenever it's needed. **
[Sun Apr 08 00:14:36 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): I may not be able to detect thoughts, but Ringrist should alert me to any evil nearby - it's better than nothing. :)
[Sun Apr 08 00:14:49 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): clear
[Sun Apr 08 00:15:31 2007] : ** (95) Arun finishes sharpening his dagger, and puts it away. "I agree with Morti. There is little harm in requesting passage." **
[Sun Apr 08 00:16:11 2007] : ** (93) Thom chuckles, "Sure, no harm in asking." **
[Sun Apr 08 00:16:50 2007] : ** (110) Daelan smiles," You do not know the Calan very well do you? You do not just ride up and ask,they are very secretive and like very few other races,I can try speaking to them and finding out if they will let us use one." **
[Sun Apr 08 00:17:45 2007] : (100) Morti: "Then we have a plan. I trust in your abilities Dael."
[Sun Apr 08 00:18:09 2007] : (110) Daelan: " They see a group of Edan riding into their woods, you will never see the ones who pierce you with their arrows."
[Sun Apr 08 00:18:25 2007] : (100) Morti: :adds off-hand: "Though I'm also hoping yout attitude is better with other elves."
[Sun Apr 08 00:19:15 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Oh I bet we would see them first"
[Sun Apr 08 00:19:21 2007] : (110) Daelan: " I treat other Quessir better than Edan,but only just,unless they are Calan."
[Sun Apr 08 00:19:27 2007] : (93) Thom: "Exactly why I prefer to avoid the forests."
[Sun Apr 08 00:23:03 2007] : (100) Morti: "Right.. so we're going into the forest then!"
[Sun Apr 08 00:23:25 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Spot
[Sun Apr 08 00:23:43 2007] : (93) Thom: "Fine, but if they kill us Daelan, I intend to haunt you for the rest of your long life."
[Sun Apr 08 00:24:03 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): [1d20+16 ] => [18,16] = (34)
[Sun Apr 08 00:24:30 2007] : (100) Morti: :to Thom: "Don't worry, we'll just ride through forest yelling out, "Calan, please do not kill us, we come in peace
[Sun Apr 08 00:24:32 2007] : (100) Morti: !"
[Sun Apr 08 00:24:40 2007] : (100) Morti: "It should be fine"
[Sun Apr 08 00:24:48 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens laughs **
[Sun Apr 08 00:24:59 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as you look about with Ringrist, while you don't detect anything that might smack of evil, you do notice a cloud that does not appear to have moved at all...
[Sun Apr 08 00:25:01 2007] : (97) Atross: "Right. Just fine."
[Sun Apr 08 00:25:07 2007] : (93) Thom: "Sure Morti. I'll take the rear guard. You may not see me, but I'll be back there."
[Sun Apr 08 00:25:20 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and it's located near the forest but not over it.
[Sun Apr 08 00:25:22 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): where at?
[Sun Apr 08 00:25:26 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): to the east by north east
[Sun Apr 08 00:25:34 2007] : (100) Morti: "Right, and if all else fails... I'll use a spell to turn myself into an elf"
[Sun Apr 08 00:25:59 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roughly five miles away
[Sun Apr 08 00:25:59 2007] : ** (93) Thom looks back to the forest with a slightly puzzled look. **
[Sun Apr 08 00:26:12 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): and it's just staying in place?
[Sun Apr 08 00:26:18 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Apr 08 00:26:31 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Just because you may look like a Quessir does not make you one Morti,you would not pass as one."
[Sun Apr 08 00:26:43 2007] : (100) Morti: "Oh...."
[Sun Apr 08 00:26:47 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): going to keep watching it for now, seeing if anything happens.
[Sun Apr 08 00:26:54 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Apr 08 00:27:03 2007] : (100) Morti: "I guess it would seem strange that I can't speak the language."
[Sun Apr 08 00:28:02 2007] : ** (93) Thom continues to stare at the forest. "So, Daelan will enter to seek out passage for us. Either through the forest itself, or through these slamori." **
[Sun Apr 08 00:28:26 2007] : (110) Daelan: " There are also signs and movements that speak to us as well,almost as much as the spoken word."
[Sun Apr 08 00:29:43 2007] : (100) Morti: :nods to Daelan: "Hmm... sounds really complicated. No wonder I wouldn't blend in." :flashes a thoughtful grin: "Hey! Can you teach me to communicate in elven?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:30:07 2007] : ** (93) Thom takes a quick glance around at the sky before returning his attention to the forest. **
[Sun Apr 08 00:30:28 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): are there any other clouds, and if so - are they moving?
[Sun Apr 08 00:30:52 2007] : (110) Daelan: " I can teach you the common Quessir,Calan is forbidden to any but one such as myself."
[Sun Apr 08 00:30:56 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): and does the cloud look like a normal white fluffy cloud?
[Sun Apr 08 00:31:27 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Apr 08 00:31:34 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and yes
[Sun Apr 08 00:31:42 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): except that its larger than normal
[Sun Apr 08 00:32:18 2007] : (100) Morti: "Oh..." :sounds a bit disappointed, but perks back quickly: "Still, I would love to learn to communicate in elven. I mean I can comprehend the speech and writings by magicka, but if I can speak to them in their own language I might be better received."
[Sun Apr 08 00:33:03 2007] : (93) Thom: "Ok, this is starting to annoy me. Daelan, is that normal?" He points to the sky to the northeast, just east of the edge of the forest.
[Sun Apr 08 00:33:05 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Depends on the Quessir Morti,not all will welcome a Human."
[Sun Apr 08 00:33:45 2007] : (100) Morti: :Smiles to Dael: "Then I'll just have to be more friendly and persistant until they accept me."
[Sun Apr 08 00:33:48 2007] : ** (110) Daelan turns and looks at Thom,then steps over near him and looks to where he is pointing **
[Sun Apr 08 00:33:55 2007] : (93) Thom: (( *points, using Ringrist ))
[Sun Apr 08 00:34:04 2007] : (100) Morti: :hearing Thom's question, Morti looks to see what he speaks of:
[Sun Apr 08 00:34:13 2007] : (110) Daelan: (whispering): do I see anything?
[Sun Apr 08 00:34:29 2007] : ** (95) Arun looks where Thom is pointing **
[Sun Apr 08 00:34:36 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens looks where Thom is pointing **
[Sun Apr 08 00:34:42 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sun Apr 08 00:35:07 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Spot
[Sun Apr 08 00:35:31 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): never mind
[Sun Apr 08 00:35:32 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): I've leaving it up to you to tell them what they see - if anything...
[Sun Apr 08 00:36:00 2007] : (108) DM: It appears that there's a larger than normal, stationary cloud sitting above (or near) the treeline.
[Sun Apr 08 00:36:22 2007] : (108) DM: It doesn't seem to have moved in the last few hours now that you've thought about it.
[Sun Apr 08 00:36:49 2007] : (110) Daelan: " No it is not normal Thom."
[Sun Apr 08 00:36:50 2007] : (97) Atross: "That is an odd formation, isn't it."
[Sun Apr 08 00:37:02 2007] : (93) Thom: "At least I'm not seeing things this time."
[Sun Apr 08 00:38:11 2007] : (100) Morti: (whispering): spellcraft/arcana check for something that will hold a cloud in place like that
[Sun Apr 08 00:38:16 2007] : (100) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [1,18] = (19)
[Sun Apr 08 00:38:19 2007] : (100) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [5,18] = (23)
[Sun Apr 08 00:38:20 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll
[Sun Apr 08 00:38:43 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you've never seen anything like that before so you definitely don't know
[Sun Apr 08 00:38:50 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): magic maybe? ^^
[Sun Apr 08 00:38:55 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Yes Thom I will ride to see if the Calan will allow either passage or the use of the Sla-Mori, I would like to have Atross accompany me."
[Sun Apr 08 00:38:59 2007] : (95) Arun: (does it look low to the ground, or is that just where it looks in perspective)
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:09 2007] : (108) DM: (not low at all)
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:10 2007] : (100) Lunauc: (whispering): how about knowledge nature?
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:21 2007] : (93) Thom: "That's up to Atross."
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:25 2007] : (108) DM: (it just hasn't moved in 3-4 hours...? possibly longer.)
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:33 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if you like
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:34 2007] : (100) Morti: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5 ] => [1,5] = (6)
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:44 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): guess not.
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:53 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): don't forget to add the +5 to your rolls
[Sun Apr 08 00:39:58 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): though a 1 is still a 1
[Sun Apr 08 00:40:12 2007] : (97) Atross: "Of course. It'll be nice to brush up on the language too."
[Sun Apr 08 00:40:16 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Perhaps it is another one of those floating castles,we did encounter one once before."
[Sun Apr 08 00:40:36 2007] : (108) DM: (folks, don't forget the +5 to your rolls from last time.)
[Sun Apr 08 00:40:38 2007] : (93) Thom: "We did?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:40:56 2007] : (108) DM: (It's for a certain duration. I'll let you know when its no longer applicable.)
[Sun Apr 08 00:41:22 2007] : (100) Morti: :to Dael: "Try to get us the ride through the Sla-mori. It would be faster, and.. I'd really love to see one." :a secondary consideration: "Oh, unless the elves will let us pass through one of their villages. I've always wanted to see one of those too. Is it true they live in big elaborate tree houses?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:41:22 2007] : (93) Thom: (( oh, we just have that bonus for a while? I thought it was something we had to invoke or something. ))
[Sun Apr 08 00:41:35 2007] : (108) DM: ((its to ALL rolls))
[Sun Apr 08 00:41:47 2007] : (108) DM: ((though a 1 is still a 1))
[Sun Apr 08 00:42:42 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Yes we live in the trees,both existing as one,each aiding the other Morti."
[Sun Apr 08 00:43:15 2007] : (100) Morti: "Wow.. if I ever get a home, I want it to be a treehouse. that just sounds amazing."
[Sun Apr 08 00:43:19 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Yes Thom we saved ( insert mages name here) it was when we first met,we rode the rainbow up."
[Sun Apr 08 00:43:49 2007] : (108) DM: ((can't remember, but I'll edit it when I post the log))
[Sun Apr 08 00:44:06 2007] : ** (93) Thom thinks for a moment, "That sounds familiar, but not really. Oh! our alternates - that's who did that." **
[Sun Apr 08 00:44:53 2007] : ** (95) Arun goes over to Drenla. "You are a wizard, right?" **
[Sun Apr 08 00:45:21 2007] : ** (93) Thom shakes his head suddenly. "Even those thoughts of that female don't make sense." **
[Sun Apr 08 00:46:43 2007] : (95) Arun: "Do you know anything about curses"
[Sun Apr 08 00:47:05 2007] : (100) Morti: :giggles at thom: "Hehehe.. you were a girl."
[Sun Apr 08 00:47:39 2007] : (95) Arun: (meant to add a ? to my last message)
[Sun Apr 08 00:48:06 2007] : (108) Drenla: "I am."
[Sun Apr 08 00:48:09 2007] : ** (93) Thom sheathes Ringrist, looking at Morti. He takes a seat again, but slowly, and with a flick of his wrist, has a dagger out, from somewhere hidden. ((Slight of hand, [1d20+15 ] => [16,15] = (31) )) **
[Sun Apr 08 00:48:27 2007] : (108) Drenla: "A few. Why?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:48:29 2007] : ** (100) Morti flinches **
[Sun Apr 08 00:48:32 2007] : (93) Thom: "Another fact that can remain here in the past."
[Sun Apr 08 00:49:36 2007] : ** (93) Thom slips the dagger back away, smirking slightly at Morti. "Please Morti, I didn't work so hard to return you to life just to hurt you, relax." **
[Sun Apr 08 00:50:01 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): I got to use my +5. :)
[Sun Apr 08 00:50:02 2007] : ** (108) Elamurix continues to prepare dinner. The aroma of roasting pheasant is quite enticing. **
[Sun Apr 08 00:50:20 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): :)
[Sun Apr 08 00:50:36 2007] : (95) Arun: "I have been inflicted with a particulairly persistant and dangerous one for years. Any assistance you could lend me would be very well appreciated. I consulted an oracle, but was only given vague riddles in responce."
[Sun Apr 08 00:51:27 2007] : (108) Elamurix: "Very well then. What can I do for you?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:54:39 2007] : (95) Arun: (I take it that was intended to be Drenla, not Elamurix?) "If you know of any spells, rituals, remedies, anything that might remove a curse, that would be helpful. Or perhaps you could help shed some light on the words the oracles told me. When I asked of a way to remove the curse, they said that I must defeat death in single combat. When I asked how to challange death, they said One amongst you shall enter a house of cards. To him much is given. Much is expected in return. I have a few general theories about the first part, but nothing on the second."
[Sun Apr 08 00:54:46 2007] : (108) Drenla: "Very well then. What can I do for you?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:55:09 2007] : (108) Drenla: "I know of a few. None I can cast though at present."
[Sun Apr 08 00:55:23 2007] : (108) Drenla: "A limited wish or a wish could take care of your problem."
[Sun Apr 08 00:55:33 2007] : (108) Drenla: "Or an artifact like a deck of many things."
[Sun Apr 08 00:56:09 2007] : (93) Thom: "House of Cards, isn't that wwhat we have to eventually get to?" he asks Morti and Atross.
[Sun Apr 08 00:56:15 2007] : (108) Drenla: "But if I were a priest (which I am not), I could remove a curse with a prayer to my god."
[Sun Apr 08 00:56:47 2007] : (100) Morti: :Nods: "That's back in our time."
[Sun Apr 08 00:57:11 2007] : ** (95) Arun looks to Thom "You have heard of this house of cards?" **
[Sun Apr 08 00:57:20 2007] : (95) Arun: "what is it?"
[Sun Apr 08 00:57:38 2007] : (93) Thom: "Supposedly it's a secret Temple in my hometown, believe it or not."
[Sun Apr 08 00:58:15 2007] : (93) Thom: "Sorry, I recogonized it when the oracle told you, but I forgot to mention anything with everything else going on."
[Sun Apr 08 00:59:32 2007] : (95) Arun: "Where is your hometown?"
[Sun Apr 08 01:00:22 2007] : (93) Thom: "Thirty years and many months travel from here. City of Highkeep."
[Sun Apr 08 01:01:02 2007] : (95) Arun: "I see."
[Sun Apr 08 01:01:25 2007] : ** (108) Rhian Sedai looks up as she taps her lips with a forefinger on hearing Thom exclaim this, but chooses to say nothing, then goes back to perusing the map. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:02:00 2007] : (108) Elamurix: "Dinner is served!"
[Sun Apr 08 01:02:41 2007] : ** (108) Maximillian scoots over to a fallen log and stretches as he peers over at the campfire, meowling expectantly. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:02:44 2007] : ** (93) Thom glances over at Rhain. "Do you have something to add? Do you know anything about this House of Cards?" **
[Sun Apr 08 01:03:19 2007] : (108) Rhian Sedai: "It isn't every day I hear about people from the future, did you say? Very interesting."
[Sun Apr 08 01:03:42 2007] : (100) Morti: :leans in to whisper to Thom: "Now you slipped about the thirty years thing."
[Sun Apr 08 01:04:02 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens declines any food with meat in it **
[Sun Apr 08 01:04:22 2007] : ** (93) Thom shrugs and turns back to Arun. "Anyway, we plan on returning there sometime, so if you stick around you just might get your duel." **
[Sun Apr 08 01:04:23 2007] : ** (100) Morti closes his book and moves to get his share of pheasant. "Ah... smells lovely Elamurix." **
[Sun Apr 08 01:04:43 2007] : (108) Elamurix: "There's stuffing with mushrooms and raisins, roasted potatoes and cherry cobbler with clotted cream, too."
[Sun Apr 08 01:05:08 2007] : ** (93) Thom nods to Morti, but says nothing. Thom takes some food, with thanks to Elamurix. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:05:09 2007] : ** (108) Elamurix holds up his magic pouch as he says this to Sevis. "Help yourselves." **
[Sun Apr 08 01:05:46 2007] : ** (108) Elamurix takes out a set of plates and silverware out of his bag and sets it on a flat slate, then hauls out a set of ale mugs and a bottle or two of wine. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:05:54 2007] : ** (95) Arun smiles "I had better improve my skills If I plan to beat death itself..." Arun shakes his head at the absurdity of the thought. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:06:08 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens takes the pouch and diggs around for any nuts and veggies he can find **
[Sun Apr 08 01:07:03 2007] : (108) Elamurix: "I meant to the food, Sevis. The pouch only responds to me."
[Sun Apr 08 01:08:09 2007] : ** (100) Morti sits down to a gourmet campfire meal **
[Sun Apr 08 01:08:20 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: "Oh ok." ** takes a small helping of stuffing and roast potatos **
[Sun Apr 08 01:09:14 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): Didn't I (thom) tell Rhian all about the future when we met?
[Sun Apr 08 01:09:56 2007] : ** (97) Atross settles on a sampling of the food available. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:11:26 2007] : (93) Thom: "Great job, once again Elamurix."
[Sun Apr 08 01:12:10 2007] : (100) Morti: (afk a bit)
[Sun Apr 08 01:13:56 2007] : (101) Sevis Goloens: (( same, AFK for a smoke ))
[Sun Apr 08 01:15:22 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I don't remember
[Sun Apr 08 01:15:48 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): At first, I didn't - but I posted it to the boards, came clean about it all.
[Sun Apr 08 01:16:04 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): then I'll take that back
[Sun Apr 08 01:16:16 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): well, that means that her surprise at the idea was from you - not from her. I can deal with that easier. :)
[Sun Apr 08 01:16:35 2007] : (108) DM: (it appears that you might have told Rhian about your origins so if that's the case, she didn't say that or react as she did to Thom's remarks)
[Sun Apr 08 01:16:43 2007] : (108) DM: (I have to check previous logs to make sure)
[Sun Apr 08 01:17:30 2007] : ** (110) Daelan eats sparingly as he now watches the floating cloud. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:18:16 2007] : ** (93) Thom glances back at the cloud occassionaly as well, seeing if anything has changed. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:18:54 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): wasn't there a rumor of some sort back in Pelham that Thom picked up about a floating city?
[Sun Apr 08 01:22:13 2007] : (100) Morti: (FF?)
[Sun Apr 08 01:22:29 2007] : (93) Thom: (( as long as the cloud still hasn't moved. ))
[Sun Apr 08 01:22:36 2007] : (100) Morti: (or were we doing something?)
[Sun Apr 08 01:23:30 2007] : (108) DM: It hasn't changed.
[Sun Apr 08 01:23:50 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): No
[Sun Apr 08 01:23:57 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Something about a citadel of giants
[Sun Apr 08 01:24:11 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): oh yeah - that was it. k
[Sun Apr 08 01:24:22 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): it just came to mind, so I figured I'd check.
[Sun Apr 08 01:24:23 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a cloud citadel that housed a tribe of giants
[Sun Apr 08 01:24:56 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): seen in the eastern part of Gwythnecht, these giants have been responsible for attacks in this part of the country
[Sun Apr 08 01:25:08 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): maybe its this cloud. ^^
[Sun Apr 08 01:25:09 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): ahh, cloud citadel - that's why it struck a bell with the idea of a castle on a floating cloud.
[Sun Apr 08 01:25:36 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): Ahh, it could be, huh. Hmm..
[Sun Apr 08 01:25:57 2007] : ** (93) Thom suddenly sits up, looking at the cloud. "You know..." **
[Sun Apr 08 01:27:26 2007] : (100) Morti: "Eh?"
[Sun Apr 08 01:27:33 2007] : (93) Thom: "There was something I overheard in Pelham. Something about clouds and giants. What was it? Yeah, a cloud citadel that housed a tribe of giants."
[Sun Apr 08 01:28:30 2007] : (93) Thom: "It had last been seen in the eastern part of Gwythnecht, and the these giants have been responsible for attacks in this part of the country. I wonder if that cloud might be related to them. This is the right area."
[Sun Apr 08 01:29:45 2007] : (100) Morti: "You really think so? I mean.. what are the chances?" :looks up longingly at the cloud."
[Sun Apr 08 01:30:03 2007] : (93) Thom: "About the same as a stationary cloud?"
[Sun Apr 08 01:30:35 2007] : (100) Morti: "Good point. I hope they aren't after the Calan."
[Sun Apr 08 01:31:36 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Well if it was last seen over the Eastern forest then they were after the Calan if that is the cloud they were speaking of."
[Sun Apr 08 01:32:17 2007] : ** (101) Sevis Goloens shakes his head "Not more distractions" **
[Sun Apr 08 01:32:24 2007] : (110) Daelan: " If it is the very same one and they have wrecked havoc on the Calan it would go over well if we were to exact revenge upon them."
[Sun Apr 08 01:32:29 2007] : (93) Thom: "If the rest of them are as good with a bow as Daelan, then I hope for the giants sake that they don't try to attack."
[Sun Apr 08 01:33:49 2007] : (100) Morti: A whole citadel full of cloud giants... I doubt they'd be at a disadvantage."
[Sun Apr 08 01:33:55 2007] : (93) Thom: "Since we don't know, we just need to keep an eye out for them. No need to go looking for trouble."
[Sun Apr 08 01:33:59 2007] : (110) Daelan: " There are some Calan that are even better than I Thom."
[Sun Apr 08 01:34:32 2007] : ** (93) Thom looks at Daelan, and gives a quick approving nod of respect. **
[Sun Apr 08 01:35:35 2007] : ** (93) Thom stretches out. "We keep an eye on it, and watch where we go. No need to get any closer to the cloud than absolutely necessary." **
[Sun Apr 08 01:37:24 2007] : (110) Daelan: " When I ride to speak to my clan and find out that the giants have infact attacked,I will ride to exact revenge,I will not ask any of you to follow,but it would look well in the eyes of the Calen if you were to fight against the giants as well,they may even allow us to rest in the village,I will know more when I go and seek them."
[Sun Apr 08 01:38:20 2007] : (100) Morti: "If it will save lives, I'll gladly join you."
[Sun Apr 08 01:38:28 2007] : (93) Thom: "Just don't ride off without telling us what's happening."
[Sun Apr 08 01:38:30 2007] : (93) Thom: (( brb, good to FF if everyone else is. ))
[Sun Apr 08 01:40:27 2007] : (110) Daelan: " I will not ride off without sending word to the rest of you,Atross is coming with me after all."
[Sun Apr 08 01:40:53 2007] : (101) Dj Gilcrease: (( I am gona go to sleep, gota get up at 6am ))
[Sun Apr 08 01:41:20 2007] : (101) Dj Gilcrease: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 08 01:41:20 2007] : (101) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 01:41
[Sun Apr 08 01:41:29 2007] : (102) Tektite: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 08 01:41:30 2007] : (102) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (exit): 01:41
[Sun Apr 08 01:41:49 2007] : (108) DM: ((ok))
[Sun Apr 08 01:42:20 2007] : (108) DM: ((so how do you want to do this? have D enter the forest and talk to the elves? or go as a group or...?))
[Sun Apr 08 01:43:08 2007] : (100) Morti: ((I think D and A are going ahead to get us passage, unless they think we can ride in under their supervision))
[Sun Apr 08 01:43:11 2007] : (97) Atross: ((D and I will be making the introductions, is the plan.))
[Sun Apr 08 01:43:56 2007] : (93) Thom: (( the rest of us just chill... :P ))
[Sun Apr 08 01:44:51 2007] : (110) Daelan: (( well they can ride with us for a while then stop when we near the forest))
[Sun Apr 08 01:45:34 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): Here's Thom telling Rhain: http://www.andurin.com//viewtopic.php?t=101
[Sun Apr 08 01:45:36 2007] : (100) Morti: (Yeah, we'll hang back and watch the clouds^_^))
[Sun Apr 08 01:45:56 2007] : (93) Thom: (( that one looks like a bunny, that one a sword. ))
[Sun Apr 08 01:46:55 2007] : (110) Daelan: (( what time of day is it?))
[Sun Apr 08 01:47:10 2007] : (100) Morti: (that one.. looks like a giant bearded guy in a toga.))
[Sun Apr 08 01:47:48 2007] : (108) DM: ((if we FF, it'll be 8 am when we resume))
[Sun Apr 08 01:48:11 2007] : (110) Daelan: (( we can ff))
[Sun Apr 08 01:48:25 2007] : (93) Thom: (( sounds good ))
[Sun Apr 08 01:48:45 2007] : (108) DM: It's quite cloudy in the morning when you wake.
[Sun Apr 08 01:49:17 2007] : (108) DM: The forested plain is otherwise much as you left it the previous evening -- pastoral, almost idyllic.
[Sun Apr 08 01:49:43 2007] : (93) Thom: (( the one cloud still there? ))
[Sun Apr 08 01:49:47 2007] : (108) DM: A gentle breeze blows from the southeast as you make your way to the edge of the elven woods in the distance.
[Sun Apr 08 01:49:51 2007] : ** (100) Morti eyes the clouds apprehensively as he sits staring at the sky. "Um... why does this make me feel more nervous?" **
[Sun Apr 08 01:49:59 2007] : (108) DM: ((difficult to make out given the cloud cover above, but yes.))
[Sun Apr 08 01:51:19 2007] : (100) Morti: :noting the direction of the wind, Morti asks of Dael: "Will the cloud covering be moving toward the elven villages?"
[Sun Apr 08 01:52:57 2007] : (110) Daelan: (whispering): so the wind is blowing in our faces? we are heading east right?
[Sun Apr 08 01:54:13 2007] : (110) Daelan: " I do not think the clouds will be a problem,they should start breaking up as the day grows Morti."
[Sun Apr 08 01:54:51 2007] : (100) Morti: "They only have to last long enough to reach the village."
[Sun Apr 08 01:56:22 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Apr 08 01:56:41 2007] : (100) Morti: :stares up at the clouds as he speaks: "If the cloud giants were just waiting for the right weather here to pass toward the Calan village, then they can drift right along with the clouds in the wind, come right over the village and ambush them when they least expect it."
[Sun Apr 08 01:58:10 2007] : (110) Daelan: " The wind is not going to carry the clouds over the forest Morti,we are riding East,the wind is in our face. Clouds do not move against the wind."
[Sun Apr 08 01:58:54 2007] : (97) Atross: "Clearly that cloud doesn't move according to the wind though."
[Sun Apr 08 01:59:08 2007] : (100) Morti: :shrugs: "I don't know where the village is.. and don't winds shift? Especially if they are shifted magically?"
[Sun Apr 08 01:59:10 2007] : (93) Thom: "Clouds do not stay in one place either. Morti's idea may not work, but that one cloud, whatever it is, has something going on with it."
[Sun Apr 08 01:59:33 2007] : (97) Atross: "If they're waiting on the proper weather though, they should wait to make their move when they'd be a little less obvious though."
[Sun Apr 08 02:00:09 2007] : (110) Daelan: " When I speak to the elders I shall point out the cloud and find out what they know,as for now it would be best if you kept you eyes on it for now."
[Sun Apr 08 02:00:32 2007] : (100) Morti: :nods to Dalean: "Alright. Good luck with the Calan."
[Sun Apr 08 02:00:33 2007] : (93) Thom: "We will. Gotta have something to do while you two go talk."
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:13 2007] : ** (110) Daelan brings his horse to a halt as they near the forest," Best the rest of you wait here." **
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:22 2007] : (95) Arun: ((I really need to get some sleep. See you all next time.))
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:24 2007] : (108) DM: It seems that the cloud, whatever it is, is moving ever so slightly to the east. It's also larger than you had thought before, about double in width. Also, parts of it seem to be....more dense than others.
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:39 2007] : (93) Thom: (( later ))
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:42 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Atross are you ready?"
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:46 2007] : (95) Arun: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:47 2007] : (95) Tanesh (exit): 02:02
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:49 2007] : (97) Atross: "Yep."
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:53 2007] : (108) DM: As you enter the treeline, you quickly lose sight of it from the leaves above.
[Sun Apr 08 02:02:56 2007] : ** (93) Thom stops when Daelan directs them to. **
[Sun Apr 08 02:03:32 2007] : (93) Thom: "I really wish I still had my medallion, it might give us some more answers."
[Sun Apr 08 02:04:18 2007] : ** (93) Thom dismounts, making it obvious to anyone that may be watching that he intends to get no closer to the forest. **
[Sun Apr 08 02:04:19 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Stay your hand from your weapons Atross,carry the arrow I gave you in your sword hand,keep your eyes lowered and do not speak unless I call your name Atross,I am not saying this to be mean to a Human,I am giving you tips to keep your head."
[Sun Apr 08 02:05:08 2007] : ** (97) Atross follows Daelan into the woods, taking care to be not so threatening as he waits for a greeting. He holds the carved arrow in one hand as a talisman and leaves his bow slung over his shoulder for a change. **
[Sun Apr 08 02:06:37 2007] : ** (110) Daelan rides slowly into the woods,his eyes scanning the forest looking for any sign. **
[Sun Apr 08 02:07:09 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Even though its completely silent you know better
[Sun Apr 08 02:07:44 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There is a welcoming committee -- probably nine or ten elves with bows trained in your sights
[Sun Apr 08 02:08:03 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): A few however are not looking at you but in the distance, as if expectant
[Sun Apr 08 02:09:57 2007] : ** (110) Daelan brings his horse to a halt," The Edan will not enter I have told them to do so would be death to them,I do however bring on who bears the Calan totem of friendship." **
[Sun Apr 08 02:10:32 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Atross hold up the totem."
[Sun Apr 08 02:10:49 2007] : ** (97) Atross holds up the totem prominently. **
[Sun Apr 08 02:11:34 2007] : (108) Voice: (elven) "Daelan, is that you?"
[Sun Apr 08 02:11:49 2007] : ** (110) Daelan looks around smiling," There are 9, no 10 bows trained on us." **
[Sun Apr 08 02:12:00 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not sure if you're an only child
[Sun Apr 08 02:12:08 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Yes it is I Daelan."
[Sun Apr 08 02:12:09 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): perhaps your tribe kin
[Sun Apr 08 02:12:33 2007] : (108) Voice: (elven) "Who are these Edan that come with you? You know it is forbidden by the laws of the Ancients."
[Sun Apr 08 02:12:34 2007] : (110) Daelan: (whispering): I do have a brother,named Aramil,younger though.
[Sun Apr 08 02:12:39 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Apr 08 02:13:16 2007] : (110) Daelan: " They stay where they are,I am here to barter their passage through our lands."
[Sun Apr 08 02:14:08 2007] : (108) Voice: (elven) "Barter? We Calan do not barter with Edan, you know that. You have been away too long, Daelan. You should be here, with us."
[Sun Apr 08 02:14:20 2007] : ** (110) Daelan motions with his head to Atross," This Edan has stood at my side and fired arrow for arrow with me at our foes,he bears the totem." **
[Sun Apr 08 02:14:44 2007] : (108) DM: A green elf steps aside from behind a rowan, high above, with a longbow knocked and aimed at you.
[Sun Apr 08 02:15:55 2007] : (108) Thenesta: (elven): "One Edan, not six or seven."
[Sun Apr 08 02:16:23 2007] : (110) Daelan: " No I have fought the fight that we have done so for so long,it is just now the Edan have taken up the battle now,in time they too will face Shaitan as we did so,so long ago."
[Sun Apr 08 02:17:29 2007] : ** (108) Thenesta purses his lips as he whistles a series of catcalls around him. In reaction, several green elves reveal themselves, perched as they are on tree branches that practically encircle you. **
[Sun Apr 08 02:18:22 2007] : (110) Daelan: " There is also a Aes Sedai that travels with us."
[Sun Apr 08 02:18:56 2007] : (108) Thenesta: (elven):"I....Shalasti, we will consider this."
[Sun Apr 08 02:19:02 2007] : ** (110) Daelan turns his head,counting the Quessir as they show themselves," I was correct 10." **
[Sun Apr 08 02:19:03 2007] : ** (97) Atross pretends to have not been aware of their hiding places for a while already. **
[Sun Apr 08 02:19:18 2007] : (108) Thenesta: (Common): "You who travel with the Shalasti, what do you wish of us?"
[Sun Apr 08 02:19:32 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Shalasti is green elven for prodigal
[Sun Apr 08 02:19:40 2007] : (110) Daelan: " You may answer Atross."
[Sun Apr 08 02:22:04 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Hear his words and heed them well Thenesta,they are as straight and true as the arrow from your bow."
[Sun Apr 08 02:22:52 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Apr 08 02:22:53 2007] : (97) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Sorry, grabbed my laundry real fast
[Sun Apr 08 02:23:17 2007] : (93) Thom: (( no pressure... ))
[Sun Apr 08 02:24:26 2007] : (97) Atross: "We wish to speed our journey to its destination. Time is an issue for us as there are agents of the dark working to counter our goals."
[Sun Apr 08 02:24:54 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "And where do you go?"
[Sun Apr 08 02:26:08 2007] : (97) Atross: "Once through these woods, to Nith Tar'Valon where we will prepare to travel on in search of a wiseman named Caer."
[Sun Apr 08 02:26:17 2007] : (97) Atross: (whispering): (GW): If I recall the name correctly anyway.
[Sun Apr 08 02:27:09 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "It will take you at least two weeks to travel through our lands, assuming the living dead do not catch you first."
[Sun Apr 08 02:28:48 2007] : (97) Atross: "Risking the walking dead would be worth the savings in travel, but I have heard of another, swifter, passage."
[Sun Apr 08 02:28:59 2007] : (110) Daelan: " They wish to use the waygate."
[Sun Apr 08 02:29:48 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "The waygate?" (looks sharply at you)
[Sun Apr 08 02:30:35 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "A nameless evil has taken hold of that place."
[Sun Apr 08 02:30:36 2007] : (97) Atross: "The Sla'mori. We would not be trespassing in your woods for much time in that case, though it would be a more severe trespass as well."
[Sun Apr 08 02:31:00 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): And you said Machin Shin didn't exist here... ;)
[Sun Apr 08 02:31:06 2007] : (110) Daelan: " I did not mention them,the Aes Sedai spoke of it."
[Sun Apr 08 02:31:14 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Who said it was Machin Shin?
[Sun Apr 08 02:31:16 2007] : (97) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Oh, a nameless evil? I prefer all my evil to have names. I think we'll have to pass on that sorry.
[Sun Apr 08 02:31:27 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): lol
[Sun Apr 08 02:31:31 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): very true
[Sun Apr 08 02:31:58 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): It's the Black Rain here, not the Black Wid, huh? :P
[Sun Apr 08 02:32:00 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "Still, perhaps you might defeat it. We will allow you access on one condition..."
[Sun Apr 08 02:32:03 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): *Wind
[Sun Apr 08 02:32:25 2007] : ** (108) Thenesta listens intently to a few catcalls. **
[Sun Apr 08 02:33:37 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "We have been under siege for several weeks now, and are in dire need of assistance. Siege by creatures from above."
[Sun Apr 08 02:33:43 2007] : (110) Daelan: " They call about the cloud right Thenesta?"
[Sun Apr 08 02:34:04 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Giants of old."
[Sun Apr 08 02:34:19 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "Ays, the cloud. We think it is not really a cloud, and would like you to do something about it."
[Sun Apr 08 02:34:30 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's not Machin Shin
[Sun Apr 08 02:35:03 2007] : (110) Daelan: " It was an Edan who brought it to my attention Thenesta."
[Sun Apr 08 02:35:08 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I wouldn't want to spoil it though
[Sun Apr 08 02:35:58 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): of course not. I'm sure we will find out right before it kills us, huh? :)
[Sun Apr 08 02:36:09 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "Then perhaps this Edan might have a talent we could use." (grudgingly)
[Sun Apr 08 02:36:15 2007] : (108) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Apr 08 02:37:49 2007] : (110) Daelan: " I do not ride with Humans Thenesta,they are Edan and one has even been taken by me and will be taught the way of the Calan."
[Sun Apr 08 02:37:54 2007] : (93) Zane: (whispering): Thom's ears start to burn, as he is causing discomfort to green elves. Yippee!
[Sun Apr 08 02:41:02 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "We offer you the gift of passage in exchange for help against this 'cloud'."
[Sun Apr 08 02:41:59 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Do you also offer us aide once we have done as you ask?"
[Sun Apr 08 02:42:47 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "The laws of the Ancients require a gift to be given of equal value in exchange."
[Sun Apr 08 02:42:59 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "The price shall be paid."
[Sun Apr 08 02:43:28 2007] : ** (110) Daelan nods his head," Then it is done." **
[Sun Apr 08 02:43:40 2007] : (108) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
[Sun Apr 08 02:43:45 2007] : (110) Daelan: " Tell Aramil that I am well."
[Sun Apr 08 02:43:48 2007] : (108) DM: (since this is set up for next session)
[Sun Apr 08 02:44:05 2007] : (93) Zane: Sounds like a good place.
[Sun Apr 08 02:44:42 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "Aramil has not been seen for weeks. He was last seen entering the sla-mori we spoke of."
[Sun Apr 08 02:46:29 2007] : (100) Morti: ((now we just have to build catapults strong enough to launch us up there))
[Sun Apr 08 02:47:17 2007] : (108) Thenesta: "He had tried to travel to ancient Celdenir and thought he could gainsay the magicka of the waygate. I tried to warn him about the sla-mori but he would not hear of it. We sent a party after him when he did not come back, but they too did not return. And then soon after, this 'cloud' arrived and we have been trying to defend ourselves ever since."
[Sun Apr 08 02:48:24 2007] : (108) DM: (as Zane would say, no more delays, lol)
[Sun Apr 08 02:48:38 2007] : (108) DM: ok, I'll see some of you on Monday (tentative)
[Sun Apr 08 02:48:40 2007] : (110) Daelan: " He always was headstrong.''
[Sun Apr 08 02:49:13 2007] : (93) Zane: One of these weeks we'll get TR up and running.
[Sun Apr 08 02:49:25 2007] : (110) Daelan: have a safe and happy easter everyone
[Sun Apr 08 02:49:27 2007] : (100) Morti: (right then... off to bed I suppose))
[Sun Apr 08 02:49:50 2007] : (108) DM: nite
[Sun Apr 08 02:49:55 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 08 02:49:57 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms