Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Mar 31 21:28:19 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:28

Sat Mar 31 21:28:19 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:28
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:20 2007] : (685) Donovan (enter): 21:28
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:21 2007] : (686) Zane (enter): 21:28
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:21 2007] : (687) Lunauc (enter): 21:28
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:28 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (689) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:33 2007] : (686) Zane: And there is the man in chanrge.
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:34 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: pls turn the sound off
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:52 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (685) Donovan...
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:56 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (686) Zane...
[Sat Mar 31 21:28:59 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (687) Lunauc...
[Sat Mar 31 21:29:34 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: You can stop it with the Sound Manager
[Sat Mar 31 21:29:46 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: I did
[Sat Mar 31 21:29:47 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: In the Tool menu
[Sat Mar 31 21:30:00 2007] : (633) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (enter): 21:30
[Sat Mar 31 21:30:17 2007] : (686) Zane: And it's still playing?
[Sat Mar 31 21:32:32 2007] : (687) Lunauc: gotta restart. brb
[Sat Mar 31 21:32:36 2007] : (687) Lunauc: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Mar 31 21:32:36 2007] : (687) Lunauc (exit): 21:32
[Sat Mar 31 21:32:51 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sat Mar 31 21:32:56 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: sec
[Sat Mar 31 21:33:05 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: I'll be back with room descriptions of the map above
[Sat Mar 31 21:37:29 2007] : (690) Lunauc (enter): 21:37
[Sat Mar 31 21:38:39 2007] : (685) Donovan: Posh bedroom. It's got a jacuzzi
[Sat Mar 31 21:39:00 2007] : (686) Zane: Yeah, but why is there a bed in a storeroom? :)
[Sat Mar 31 21:39:10 2007] : (685) Donovan: Spare bed
[Sat Mar 31 21:39:22 2007] : (686) Zane: ahh, I see.
[Sat Mar 31 21:39:28 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (690) Lunauc...
[Sat Mar 31 21:39:43 2007] : (685) Donovan: Is that a really large pantry?
[Sat Mar 31 21:39:47 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: yep
[Sat Mar 31 21:39:57 2007] : (686) Zane: The inhabitants are really large...
[Sat Mar 31 21:40:11 2007] : (685) Donovan: How about access to the kitchen from the pantry though?
[Sat Mar 31 21:40:17 2007] : (685) Donovan: Is that one door by the west gate the only way in?
[Sat Mar 31 21:40:20 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: yep
[Sat Mar 31 21:40:33 2007] : (685) Donovan: Certainly makes snacking less fun
[Sat Mar 31 21:40:50 2007] : (685) Donovan: As does the large rats nesting in the back of the pantry
[Sat Mar 31 21:40:54 2007] : (686) Zane: Unless they snack on uninvited guests...
[Sat Mar 31 21:40:59 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: I see three ways in, North, West and south
[Sat Mar 31 21:41:01 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: correct Zane :)
[Sat Mar 31 21:41:14 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: so you can work out the chase plan now
[Sat Mar 31 21:41:18 2007] : (685) Donovan: There's an East too
[Sat Mar 31 21:41:21 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: or we can just say you did
[Sat Mar 31 21:41:40 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: the less fun version is to say you eventually trap the Aloeids
[Sat Mar 31 21:41:44 2007] : (686) Zane: I like Morti's the best (that was posted a while back)
[Sat Mar 31 21:42:30 2007] : (685) Donovan: Failing that I can shoot one and run like hell.
[Sat Mar 31 21:42:48 2007] : (685) Donovan: Actually...
[Sat Mar 31 21:43:23 2007] : (685) Donovan: Morti's plan lacks the most important element of the chase =(
[Sat Mar 31 21:43:41 2007] : (685) Donovan: Verbal taunts!
[Sat Mar 31 21:44:19 2007] : (686) Zane: Maybe, but it also involves the least risk.
[Sat Mar 31 21:44:24 2007] : (690) Lunauc: True, with out a decent quipping banter.. where's the fun of outsmarting someone?
[Sat Mar 31 21:45:17 2007] : (686) Zane: So, do we want to actually work this out then? Get some verbal smackdown in?
[Sat Mar 31 21:45:47 2007] : (685) Donovan: Truly the best way would be to have Morti hiding at K to lead them on the last leg of the journey.
[Sat Mar 31 21:46:06 2007] : (690) Lunauc: Well, we can always taunt them through the locked door or before they rush in through the doors after us and the illusions take over
[Sat Mar 31 21:46:47 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: Well Tektite, Sevises elemental, can just lead them into the room then melt into the ground and be away. But I'll leave it up to the rest of you as Sevis doent have much of a trikster streak
[Sat Mar 31 21:47:38 2007] : (686) Zane: Thom still would love to be 'found' sneaking around (intentionally failing hide and move checks, but bluffing to act like he was actually caught).
[Sat Mar 31 21:48:36 2007] : (690) Lunauc: Are there narrow passages or low archways in the halls the giants wouldn;t fit through?
[Sat Mar 31 21:49:08 2007] : (685) Donovan: I doubt it
[Sat Mar 31 21:49:15 2007] : (686) Zane: Or even ones that would slow them down enough for some insults to be hurled at them?
[Sat Mar 31 21:49:21 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: no low archways
[Sat Mar 31 21:49:39 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: all of the passages are cyclops size
[Sat Mar 31 21:50:05 2007] : (686) Zane: arrg, how dare they make their home sized for them, and not sized to be used against them?
[Sat Mar 31 21:50:17 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: However, Hermes will cast a spell on the Aloeids that will slow them to human speed.
[Sat Mar 31 21:50:45 2007] : (690) Lunauc: Eh... could lay a grease trap or web spell, though they might be strong enough to tear right through the webs
[Sat Mar 31 21:50:53 2007] : (685) Donovan: Clearly Sevis makes the best decoy.
[Sat Mar 31 21:51:01 2007] : (685) Donovan: I shudder to think of what he considers taunts though.
[Sat Mar 31 21:51:11 2007] : (686) Zane: Yeah, too bad he doesn't feel like being tricky. Silly monks.
[Sat Mar 31 21:51:42 2007] : (685) Donovan: Use of corners and such will make running and charging difficult at least.
[Sat Mar 31 21:51:44 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: If you all decide he is to do it he will
[Sat Mar 31 21:51:47 2007] : (690) Lunauc: could also lay a haste spell on the group to pick up their speed
[Sat Mar 31 21:52:20 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: And Hermes wouldnt even have to slow them while they chased Sevis
[Sat Mar 31 21:52:36 2007] : (686) Zane: At least on those actually acting as bait. But haste on Sevis might make the Aloeids loose interest in him....
[Sat Mar 31 21:55:11 2007] : (690) Lunauc: how long does Hermes need them distracted for?
[Sat Mar 31 21:56:02 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: We need to run them into room L and leave the ring behind with them. so Hermes can use the bronze rope to trap them
[Sat Mar 31 21:56:23 2007] : (686) Zane: So not really that much time.
[Sat Mar 31 21:59:23 2007] : (686) Zane: Do we know for sure which way they will enter from?
[Sat Mar 31 21:59:40 2007] : (685) Donovan: Most likely the west; returning from the swamp.
[Sat Mar 31 22:00:35 2007] : (686) Zane: So, if our bait was around the red, they should be stopped easily.
[Sat Mar 31 22:00:50 2007] : (685) Donovan: Spotted you mean?
[Sat Mar 31 22:00:59 2007] : (686) Zane: Uh, yeah - spotted....
[Sat Mar 31 22:01:02 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: heh
[Sat Mar 31 22:03:46 2007] : (686) Zane: If the "bait" then ran to J, it should draw the giants. And from there, Tektite and Morti (invisible, but with with the silent images) could then lead them into K and into L.
[Sat Mar 31 22:04:11 2007] : (685) Donovan: Depending on how much time Hermes still needs we can run them in any of those paths.
[Sat Mar 31 22:04:15 2007] : (686) Zane: Uless we need more time, then we can run more and more.
[Sat Mar 31 22:04:59 2007] : (685) Donovan: My suggestion is that the bait be snacking on vittles from the pantry at the marked spot, to make it worse.
[Sat Mar 31 22:05:01 2007] : (686) Zane: Exactly. So, how much time does he need Stan?
[Sat Mar 31 22:05:04 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: He's still moving about setting things up and reports that the Aloeids have been seen, about an hour away from the citadel.
[Sat Mar 31 22:05:22 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: So you have roughly that much time to get ready.
[Sat Mar 31 22:05:52 2007] : (685) Donovan: The last question then is whether we can move furniture into the hallways
[Sat Mar 31 22:05:55 2007] : (690) Lunauc: If you run them around H, I could try hitting them with the web spell. It won't stop them, but it will slow them up a moment.Problem is, if they're smart they'll split up and corner you in that loop
[Sat Mar 31 22:06:33 2007] : (685) Donovan: True, true.
[Sat Mar 31 22:06:58 2007] : (686) Zane: So, let's not go the long way around H - there is plenty of other routes to take still.
[Sat Mar 31 22:07:13 2007] : (685) Donovan: The halls are all well sized for giants right now, but what about when we drag their stuff out into them?
[Sat Mar 31 22:08:51 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: what about?
[Sat Mar 31 22:09:03 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: just obstacles
[Sat Mar 31 22:09:47 2007] : (686) Zane: But would it not slow them down a little as well? They can't be too flimsy since they are made for their size anyway.
[Sat Mar 31 22:09:55 2007] : (685) Donovan: Obstacles to the giants which we can run right past, naturally.
[Sat Mar 31 22:11:11 2007] : (685) Donovan: There's oen more hall we can run down too, the back hall of L K and J here.
[Sat Mar 31 22:11:38 2007] : (685) Donovan: Done in a poorly chosen purple.
[Sat Mar 31 22:11:43 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: it'd slow them down, yes
[Sat Mar 31 22:12:15 2007] : (686) Zane: So let's work on getting some furniture halfway out into the hallways. Got less than an hour...
[Sat Mar 31 22:12:30 2007] : (690) Lunauc: what I wouldn't give for a disintigrate spell to make some new "doors"
[Sat Mar 31 22:12:45 2007] : (685) Donovan: With great power comes great responsibility.
[Sat Mar 31 22:12:52 2007] : (685) Donovan: Or great irresponsibility, I forget which.
[Sat Mar 31 22:13:25 2007] : (686) Zane: or a little of each, right?
[Sat Mar 31 22:14:54 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sat Mar 31 22:15:31 2007] : (686) Zane: So, Thom is willing to be hasted bait, 'caught' munching on their food. Who else?
[Sat Mar 31 22:15:48 2007] : (685) Atross: I will too
[Sat Mar 31 22:16:03 2007] : (686) Zane: Come on Sevis - make it a group of three.
[Sat Mar 31 22:16:19 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: I said whatever you decide he is up for
[Sat Mar 31 22:16:23 2007] : (685) Atross: (But only if I can be Odysseus)
[Sat Mar 31 22:17:00 2007] : (690) Lunauc: (keep in mind, the haste spell will only last about 40 seconds)
[Sat Mar 31 22:17:26 2007] : (686) Thom: "So, Atross, Sevis and I will be at that interesection, and give the Aloeids a run around."
[Sat Mar 31 22:17:32 2007] : (685) Atross: (Yeah, the haste is not really necessary. How long would the web last?)
[Sat Mar 31 22:17:54 2007] : (686) Thom: (( that's fine. If they are slowed to human pace, he just need to make sure we get ahead of them to start with. ))
[Sat Mar 31 22:18:14 2007] : (690) Lunauc: (the web would last a long while, but they'll probably tear there way through in a couple of rounds)
[Sat Mar 31 22:19:50 2007] : (685) Atross: ((And invisibility should let Morti hang out in that middle hallway I marked green))
[Sat Mar 31 22:21:55 2007] : (686) Thom: (( and after the web gets laid down, we avoid that halway from then on so that we don't have to worry about getting caught in the remains of it. ))
[Sat Mar 31 22:22:35 2007] : (686) Thom: (( anyway - going to grab a quick smoke. ))
[Sat Mar 31 22:22:40 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: ((k))
[Sat Mar 31 22:23:49 2007] : (690) Lunauc: (where do you want to lay the web?)
[Sat Mar 31 22:24:50 2007] : (685) Atross: ((Since that's the widest hallway, it'd be the hardest to build a furniture styled obstacle course in, so around the blue circle is good.))
[Sat Mar 31 22:26:21 2007] : (681) Dj Gilcrease: (( AFK for a bit as well ))
[Sat Mar 31 22:26:55 2007] : (690) Lunauc: ok, Morti will wait in the corner in the hall for everyone to pass by before hitting them with it.
[Sat Mar 31 22:27:05 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Mar 31 22:27:05 2007] : (686) Thom: (whispering): How much does that chest weigh now?
[Sat Mar 31 22:27:12 2007] : (686) Thom: that Hermes was in
[Sat Mar 31 22:27:20 2007] : (686) Thom: oops, never mind.
[Sat Mar 31 22:28:26 2007] : (690) Lunauc: Then I'll head into k to wait for you all to reach the door to j. I'll lay a grease trap in the doorway to L for added assurance and cast the illusion as the giants reach j to lead them into L. Good?)
[Sat Mar 31 22:28:48 2007] : (685) Atross: ((Excellent. Of course the real ring will already be waiting in L.))
[Sat Mar 31 22:28:48 2007] : (686) Thom: (( sounds good to me ))
[Sat Mar 31 22:29:34 2007] : (686) Zane: (whispering): As we are dragging items into the hallway, I also want to keep an eye out for anything that I can carry that might make a good offering to the goddess.
[Sat Mar 31 22:30:35 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): now that Hermes isn't in there, about what you would weigh
[Sat Mar 31 22:30:43 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Mar 31 22:31:03 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the offering should be "what comes from the heart"
[Sat Mar 31 22:31:05 2007] : (686) Zane: (whispering): hmm, so still awfully heavy to carry though the swamp.
[Sat Mar 31 22:31:17 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it is bronze and cyclops size...
[Sat Mar 31 22:31:28 2007] : (686) Zane: (whispering): true...
[Sat Mar 31 22:31:48 2007] : (686) Zane: (whispering): from the heart? why can't she just be happy with monetary offerings like most other gods?
[Sat Mar 31 22:33:33 2007] : (690) Lunauc: (right.. so, we ready?)
[Sat Mar 31 22:34:39 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Mar 31 22:34:45 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that would be boring
[Sat Mar 31 22:35:05 2007] : (686) Zane: (whispering): :)
[Sat Mar 31 22:35:10 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: sec
[Sat Mar 31 22:44:01 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: You hear the cyclopses way before you see them as they trudge up the mountainside, cursing and bellowing loudly.
[Sat Mar 31 22:44:11 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: And then...the stench hits, in roiling waves.
[Sat Mar 31 22:44:29 2007] : (685) Atross: "Hermes, I think your friends are almost back."
[Sat Mar 31 22:44:38 2007] : (686) Zane: (whispering): hmm, I was thinking of offering something I had originally started with and no longer used, but if it is left in another world, how would it get back to our world and our time to get to my father and myself?
[Sat Mar 31 22:44:44 2007] : (689) DM: They seem oblivious to what they've brought back from the Marsh.
[Sat Mar 31 22:45:03 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): mmm
[Sat Mar 31 22:45:18 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Well that would be revealing...
[Sat Mar 31 22:45:21 2007] : (689) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sat Mar 31 22:45:33 2007] : ** (686) Thom whips out a cloth and covers his nose with it, trying to keep what he can of the smell from it. **
[Sat Mar 31 22:45:44 2007] : (633) Tektite: "So do I have a role in this or I am allowed to hide in the floor?"
[Sat Mar 31 22:45:51 2007] : ** (689) Hermes casts his spell with a delay effect so that it begins as soon as the Aloeids spot you. **
[Sat Mar 31 22:45:58 2007] : (686) Zane: (whispering): lol - yeah, but that's the thought process going through Thom's head.
[Sat Mar 31 22:46:43 2007] : (686) Thom: "Wait with Morti, and follow his illusions into the room where we will trap them. Then sink down and find your way back to us."
[Sat Mar 31 22:47:09 2007] : ** (690) Morti wrinkles his nose at the stench, but does his best to ignore it, as he heads off to take his place in wait. "Good luck." He offers before he begins to cast a spell. One moment you see him, then you don't. **
[Sat Mar 31 22:48:01 2007] : (685) Atross: "How is the rat wrangling going?"
[Sat Mar 31 22:48:20 2007] : ** (685) Atross wrinkles his nose at the smell, thankful he's only supposed to pretend to be eating. **
[Sat Mar 31 22:48:20 2007] : ** (633) Tektite nods and moved into position **
[Sat Mar 31 22:48:50 2007] : (686) Thom: "Let's go" he says to Donovan and Sevis. He leads the way to the point where they will be snacking, awaiting the arrival of the cyclopses.
[Sat Mar 31 22:49:26 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Mar 31 22:49:27 2007] : (685) Atross: (whispering): (GW): How'd you manage that error, I wonder.
[Sat Mar 31 22:50:20 2007] : (686) Thom: (( *Atross, sorry... :P ))
[Sat Mar 31 22:50:21 2007] : ** (681) Dj Gilcrease follows Thom **
[Sat Mar 31 22:50:27 2007] : ** (681) Sevis Goloens follows Thom **
[Sat Mar 31 22:50:37 2007] : ** (685) Atross carries along some food, roasting it over his flaming bow apparently. **
[Sat Mar 31 22:51:42 2007] : (685) Atross: "No, it doesn't actually work. It looks interesting though."
[Sat Mar 31 22:52:04 2007] : (689) Ephialtes: "We'll make that sniveling whelp pa...what in the sky's blazes are you doing here?"
[Sat Mar 31 22:52:12 2007] : ** (686) Thom takes a seat, finding some dry food to munch on a little - ignoring the smell approaching them. **
[Sat Mar 31 22:52:54 2007] : ** (686) Thom loooks up. "Oh, they're back." He stands as he speaks, "You know, I really thought they would be taller. **
[Sat Mar 31 22:52:55 2007] : (685) Atross: "Eating, at least until you stank the place up. Whewee, I think that's worse than the swamp!"
[Sat Mar 31 22:53:00 2007] : ** (689) Ephialtes enters through a side door and spots Atross with his snack. "We'll make sure you never cross a cyclops' home again!" **
[Sat Mar 31 22:53:25 2007] : (689) Hermes: "I think not." (waves and gestures in his direction)
[Sat Mar 31 22:53:36 2007] : (686) Thom: "Home? You call this a home?" Thom chuckles.
[Sat Mar 31 22:53:42 2007] : ** (689) Hermes disappears with a chuckle. "Lead them on, friends." **
[Sat Mar 31 22:54:18 2007] : ** (681) Sevis Goloens takes a large bite of foot pointedly ignoring the Cyclops **
[Sat Mar 31 22:54:25 2007] : (689) Otus: "Pfaugh! I'll tear his head off I will...Hey!" (starts to move slowly as he catches sight of Zane)
[Sat Mar 31 22:54:45 2007] : (689) Otus: (er Thom)
[Sat Mar 31 22:55:02 2007] : (685) Atross: "Well, considering they can only half see the place, I suppose the poor taste is understandable. The poor smell is inexcuseable though."
[Sat Mar 31 22:55:14 2007] : (686) Thom: "I thought this was supposed to be a challenge. Those two won't be able to even think of catching us." Thom says with a laugh as he starts off, away from the approaching cyclops. "Let's have some fun, if these two lard butts are able to provide any."
[Sat Mar 31 22:55:52 2007] : (685) Atross: "Agreed, catch me if you can, one-eye!"
[Sat Mar 31 22:56:09 2007] : ** (685) Atross starts off after Thom. **
[Sat Mar 31 22:56:31 2007] : ** (681) Sevis Goloens waits until they are twenty feet away befor getting up and catching up with Thom and Atros **
[Sat Mar 31 22:56:34 2007] : ** (686) Thom whistels as he moves, not at a run yet, making sure the giants take the bait." **
[Sat Mar 31 22:57:05 2007] : ** (686) Thom runs as soon as the giants come after them though, with no intention of actually getting caught. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:00:03 2007] : ** (689) Otus runs but seems to move as slow as molasses... **
[Sat Mar 31 23:00:52 2007] : ** (686) Thom passes though the first archway, and down the small hallway (between I and H). **
[Sat Mar 31 23:01:25 2007] : ** (681) Sevis Goloens jogs backwards and call out taunts (( Intimidate [1d20+8 ] => [2,8] = (10) )) **
[Sat Mar 31 23:02:43 2007] : ** (690) Morti takes position in the open doorway to K, waiting to do his part **
[Sat Mar 31 23:02:51 2007] : (689) Ephialtes: "Teeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrr them limb from liiiiiiiiimbbbbb!"
[Sat Mar 31 23:03:33 2007] : ** (689) Otus passes through the first archway and almost runs into a table. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:03:36 2007] : (685) Atross: "What's the matter? Tired already? You're more likely to tear a tendon than anything."
[Sat Mar 31 23:03:42 2007] : ** (681) Sevis Goloens smirks and stops letting them get within fifteen feet before jogging backwards again **
[Sat Mar 31 23:03:46 2007] : (686) Thom: "Wow, I am starting to get tired." Bluff: [1d20+6 ] => [2,6] = (8)
[Sat Mar 31 23:04:16 2007] : (689) Ephialtes: "No man caaaaaaaaan kiiiiiiilllllll ussssssss!"
[Sat Mar 31 23:04:41 2007] : (686) Thom: "Noo giiiaaannt caaannn caatttch uuussss."
[Sat Mar 31 23:05:22 2007] : ** (689) Ephialtes trips over a vase that just 'happened' to be there. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:05:38 2007] : ** (686) Thom leads the chase around the small hallways, before turning west (going around O), and entering the next archway. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:06:01 2007] : (689) Otus: "Little scammmmmpering thieves!"
[Sat Mar 31 23:06:14 2007] : (685) Atross: "What's your step, there."
[Sat Mar 31 23:06:30 2007] : (685) Atross: (whispering): (GW): (Argh, watch)
[Sat Mar 31 23:06:45 2007] : (686) Thom: "Little thieves? There's nothing here worth stealing."
[Sat Mar 31 23:07:48 2007] : (685) Atross: "Some desperate theives could really do you a favor though. You need to keep this place a lot tidier. There's junk lying out everywhere."
[Sat Mar 31 23:08:29 2007] : ** (686) Thom leads the chase back through the main courtyard, past where Morti plans to cast his web, and into a room (room J). **
[Sat Mar 31 23:09:29 2007] : (686) Thom: "Junk for ugly collectors. I guess it makes sense to them, or they are just too dumb to know that they have nothing anyone would want around here."
[Sat Mar 31 23:09:40 2007] : ** (689) Otus follows through to J **
[Sat Mar 31 23:10:00 2007] : (689) Otus: "You stole Apollo's cattle, didn't you?!"
[Sat Mar 31 23:10:31 2007] : ** (690) Morti waits for the giants to pass the doorway to K, before completing his spell. A giant ethereal spider suddenly forms into being and leaps out after the cyclops' exploding between them in a burst of sticky webbing(Web, ref dc 17 to avoid tangle) **
[Sat Mar 31 23:10:31 2007] : ** (686) Thom continues running, seeing that no spell was cast to slow them down. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:10:42 2007] : (686) Thom: (( ok... forget mine... ))
[Sat Mar 31 23:10:57 2007] : ** (681) Sevis Goloens dives off to the side as he passes though to the next room ((K)) allowing the images of him Morti controls to lead the rest of the way **
[Sat Mar 31 23:11:22 2007] : (685) Atross: "I'm sure Apollo will be interested to know where we found them, though."
[Sat Mar 31 23:11:34 2007] : ** (686) Thom dodges into the alcove around the corner in room J, getting out of view. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:11:41 2007] : (685) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Awaiting the web spell results.
[Sat Mar 31 23:11:52 2007] : ** (633) Tektite takes off with the images leading the cyclopses into the next room and turns to face them **
[Sat Mar 31 23:12:37 2007] : ** (681) Sevis Goloens rushes and slams the door to the room as the Cyclopses pass though (( to L )) **
[Sat Mar 31 23:13:21 2007] : (690) Morti: ((if they are entangled they'll need a dc str check to break free, after that they need to make new str check to move, passing 5 ft for every 5 points they pass the dc by))
[Sat Mar 31 23:13:41 2007] : ** (689) Otus runs right into a nest of silvery web strands, exclaiming, "This won't hold us!" **
[Sat Mar 31 23:13:56 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15 ] => [20,15] = (35)
[Sat Mar 31 23:14:14 2007] : ** (685) Atross hangs back at the door into J, watching the pair run into the webs. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:14:23 2007] : ** (690) Morti then ducks back into k, and casts the illusion of the group, awaiting the pursuit of the giants **
[Sat Mar 31 23:14:26 2007] : (689) DM: It doesn't appear to entangle them although it does slow them down slightly.
[Sat Mar 31 23:15:00 2007] : (685) Atross: "Are you sure you wouldn't like some help getting out of there?"
[Sat Mar 31 23:15:23 2007] : ** (685) Atross pulls back a flaming arrow and lets fly into the webs, laughing as he runs along to the next room. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:16:24 2007] : (690) Morti: (trying to set the webs on fire?)
[Sat Mar 31 23:16:49 2007] : (685) Atross: (whispering): (GW): (But of course!)
[Sat Mar 31 23:16:50 2007] : ** (689) Ephialtes charges into room K **
[Sat Mar 31 23:17:17 2007] : (689) Ephialtes: "What will you do when we feed you to our rats, eh?
[Sat Mar 31 23:17:21 2007] : ** (690) Morti has the illusory doubles waiting in the doorway between K and J, ready to run for L,regardless of what door the giants choose **
[Sat Mar 31 23:17:38 2007] : (689) Ephialtes: "STOP!"
[Sat Mar 31 23:18:05 2007] : ** (689) Ephialtes follows Morti into the bedroom, along with his brother. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:21:43 2007] : ** (689) Otus runs headlong into room L **
[Sat Mar 31 23:22:30 2007] : ** (689) Hermes throws the brass ring into the bedroom, becoming visible and slams the door, binding it with the rope that previously entangled him. **
 [Sat Mar 31 23:37:44 2007] : ** (119) Atross ducks out of sight behind more misplaced furniture as soon as he gets into K, letting the image show them the rest of the way. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:38:25 2007] : (121) Dj Gilcrease: (( do they follow the illusory images? ))
[Sat Mar 31 23:40:40 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: ((they went into the bedroom and Hermes sprung the trap))
[Sat Mar 31 23:40:51 2007] : ** (116) Tektite swings the ring of silence back and forts taunting the two cyclops as she melts into the ground as the door slams shut **
[Sat Mar 31 23:40:56 2007] : ** (121) Dj Gilcrease rushes and slams the door to the room as the Cyclopses pass though (( to L )) **
[Sat Mar 31 23:41:26 2007] : ** (120) Thom steps out from around the corner, watching the results. "Good work, that was rather fun, wasn't it?" **
[Sat Mar 31 23:42:29 2007] : (119) Atross: "Quite satisfying, actually."
[Sat Mar 31 23:43:05 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens shrugs **
[Sat Mar 31 23:43:12 2007] : ** (120) Thom looks over at Hermes. "Well, I am glad that we were able to help you get back at those two, but we really should get going." **
[Sat Mar 31 23:44:57 2007] : ** (123) Morti lets his invisibility fade away, as he fades back in. Staring at the bound door, he blinks a bit, offering dumbly, "Wow... did that really work?" **
[Sat Mar 31 23:45:23 2007] : (119) Atross: "What do you think will happen to them in there?"
[Sat Mar 31 23:45:39 2007] : ** (125) Hermes smiles. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:46:01 2007] : (120) Thom: "They will likely bust their way out, with how strong they are. So, we might not want to stick around."
[Sat Mar 31 23:46:04 2007] : (125) Hermes: "Oh, I expect they'll eventually get out. There's more than enough rat inside to keep them from starving."
[Sat Mar 31 23:46:19 2007] : ** (123) Morti glances to Atross, upon hearing the question. Curious, the boy moves to listen at the door. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:46:47 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, lots of bellows and curses
[Sat Mar 31 23:46:58 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, where is he? he's gone! etc.
[Sat Mar 31 23:47:06 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "They didnt seem too smart." ** looks to Thom ** "I concure, let us return to the temple"
[Sat Mar 31 23:47:20 2007] : (125) Hermes: "You should expect a reward for your efforts when you return to your own time."
[Sat Mar 31 23:47:55 2007] : ** (119) Atross looks over at Hermes unexpected announcement. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:48:22 2007] : ** (119) Atross mouths the words, Are we that obvious? **
[Sat Mar 31 23:48:29 2007] : ** (123) Morti chuckles as he listens at the door. Pulling away, he moves back with the others. "Will it be a carriage? I really liked having one of those." **
[Sat Mar 31 23:48:34 2007] : (120) Thom: "Yes, once we figure out what to offer so that we can return."
[Sat Mar 31 23:49:12 2007] : ** (120) Thom shrugs slightly to Atross. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:51:06 2007] : (123) Morti: "DO you think the Goddess would like roasted Stymphallian bird?"
[Sat Mar 31 23:51:17 2007] : (125) Hermes: "You speak flawless Arcadian but your manner is not what I would expect from the people of this land."
[Sat Mar 31 23:52:22 2007] : (120) Thom: "You're right, we're not from this area. Nonetheless, we were sent here to free you, so now that we have accomplished our quest, we will leave."
[Sat Mar 31 23:52:49 2007] : (120) Thom: "Do you like it Morti?"
[Sat Mar 31 23:53:01 2007] : (123) Morti: "Dunno. Didn't get to try it."
[Sat Mar 31 23:53:13 2007] : (88) Aerik (enter): 23:53
[Sat Mar 31 23:53:20 2007] : ** (119) Atross gestures over at the corner. **
[Sat Mar 31 23:53:24 2007] : (119) Atross: "How about the box?"
[Sat Mar 31 23:53:25 2007] : (120) Thom: "True, but unless we can remove the smell - I doubt that it will work."
[Sat Mar 31 23:53:56 2007] : (120) Thom: "It's awfully heavy still to drag back through the swamp."
[Sat Mar 31 23:54:31 2007] : (123) Morti: :looks to Hermes: "You're a god. What kind of gift would a Godess like?"
[Sat Mar 31 23:55:18 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "Dont think he is a God yet Morti"
[Sat Mar 31 23:55:31 2007] : (123) Morti: "He's not?"
[Sat Mar 31 23:56:41 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "We just have to give her something from our heards I dont think it matters what."
[Sat Mar 31 23:56:59 2007] : (123) Morti: "From our heart....? Blood...?"
[Sat Mar 31 23:57:17 2007] : ** (120) Thom groans, "Why can't she just want something monetary?" **
[Sat Mar 31 23:58:35 2007] : (119) Atross: "Maybe some good old-fashioned elbow grease? Fix the place up some."
[Sat Mar 31 23:59:15 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens shakes his head "Lets fins a way back that does not go though the stinking swamp" **
[Sat Mar 31 23:59:26 2007] : (120) Thom: "Maybe. Look, let's talk as we walk. I'm ready to get home, even if it's not exactly home."
[Sat Mar 31 23:59:50 2007] : (125) Hermes: "I shall remember your deeds in this time, my friends."
[Sat Mar 31 23:59:55 2007] : (120) Thom: "We could go around the mountain, but it's at least another day of travel."

[Sun Apr 01 00:00:28 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "I'll take the extra day over that stench"
[Sun Apr 01 00:00:40 2007] : ** (125) Hermes disappears in the twinkle of an eye. **
[Sun Apr 01 00:00:43 2007] : (123) Morti: :offers Hermes a polite bow: "No problem. Glad we could help."
[Sun Apr 01 00:00:46 2007] : (119) Atross: "There isn't any need to rush now, if we can avoid any more trouble on our way back."
[Sun Apr 01 00:01:13 2007] : (120) Thom: "Alright, then let's get going."
[Sun Apr 01 00:01:46 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Apr 01 00:01:46 2007] : (88) Aerik: (whispering): hey long time no see,glad to see you all,tis I Daelan,Ian.
[Sun Apr 01 00:01:56 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens nods and head out **
[Sun Apr 01 00:02:34 2007] : ** (120) Thom follows **
[Sun Apr 01 00:02:47 2007] : (123) Morti: :as they make their way back out of the keep: "So, Lord Hermes... where do you go from here?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:03:07 2007] : (120) Thom: (( he already disappeared... ))
[Sun Apr 01 00:04:13 2007] : (123) Morti: (oh)
[Sun Apr 01 00:04:27 2007] : ** (119) Atross heads out as well. **
[Sun Apr 01 00:04:42 2007] : ** (123) Morti looks about a moment, before realizing he's talking to thin air, and turns to follow the others. **
[Sun Apr 01 00:05:31 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (88) Daelan...
[Sun Apr 01 00:05:43 2007] : (125) Hermes: (speak of the devil, lol)
[Sun Apr 01 00:06:40 2007] : (88) Daelan: (( Hey I know I am not the easiest to get along with but a devil?))
[Sun Apr 01 00:07:02 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: (( lol ))
[Sun Apr 01 00:07:17 2007] : (120) Thom: (( fine, just an imp... ))
[Sun Apr 01 00:07:27 2007] : (119) Atross: ((You missed the fun though.))
[Sun Apr 01 00:09:18 2007] : (88) Daelan: ( Yea so I hear)
[Sun Apr 01 00:10:10 2007] : ** (120) Thom walks with Sevis for a while on the return trip, taking the long way. **
[Sun Apr 01 00:11:11 2007] : (120) Thom: "So Sevis, do you like this world any better than mine?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:12:14 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens chats idely with Thom "I dont like switching worlds, though this one is like going back in time of my own I think" **
[Sun Apr 01 00:12:21 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Only a Human could like a world such as this one,I can not wait to see my world once more,then all will be well for the moment."
[Sun Apr 01 00:13:07 2007] : (120) Thom: "I don't care for it either friend, it is quite unsettling. And what's even worse is how comfortable I am getting with the idea now."
[Sun Apr 01 00:13:18 2007] : (123) Morti: :sighs: "I wonder when I'll get back to my time. All this time travelling and world jumping is pretty tiresome."
[Sun Apr 01 00:15:00 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Better to be traveling around than the alternative Morti."
[Sun Apr 01 00:15:14 2007] : (120) Thom: "Eventually Morti. Eventually we will return, and once we do I plan to settle down."
[Sun Apr 01 00:15:15 2007] : (119) Atross: "It can get confusing sometimes, trying to get around a new place, but it's also exciting to see new places, isn't it?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:15:33 2007] : (123) Morti: "...settling down...?":glances to Deal:
[Sun Apr 01 00:15:43 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "I agree, next time a mythical flying snake thing crosses our bath and a strange old woman says to go figure out what it means we go the other direction"
[Sun Apr 01 00:16:08 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: (( *path ))
[Sun Apr 01 00:16:10 2007] : (88) Daelan: " No death Morti."
[Sun Apr 01 00:16:46 2007] : (120) Thom: "Agreed Sevis. We just need to jump worlds once more, and jump time once more. Hopefully that's all at least..."
[Sun Apr 01 00:16:49 2007] : (88) Daelan: " I myself do not wish to go to different worlds anymore,I am seeing less and less Quessir and more and more Edan."
[Sun Apr 01 00:16:59 2007] : (123) Morti: "No... death would be the alternative to living. Settling down is the alternative to travelling, right?
[Sun Apr 01 00:17:18 2007] : (132) Surreal (enter): 00:17
[Sun Apr 01 00:17:20 2007] : (88) Daelan: " To some settling down is a form of death."
[Sun Apr 01 00:18:07 2007] : (120) Thom: "That depends on where you settle down. Some cities will offer as many challenges as adventuring will. Without every having to leave home."
[Sun Apr 01 00:19:28 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Perhaps in a Human city Thom,but not so in a Quessir city,things tend to be more tanquil."
[Sun Apr 01 00:19:50 2007] : (123) Morti: Tranquil's not bad."
[Sun Apr 01 00:20:29 2007] : (120) Thom: "Which is why a chance for me to return home is not really settling down, but it does involve staying put."
[Sun Apr 01 00:20:56 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "Tranquil is good, though sometimes odd things come to you when you meditate too deeply"
[Sun Apr 01 00:21:10 2007] : ** (116) Tektite smirks at Sevis **
[Sun Apr 01 00:21:22 2007] : (116) Tektite: "Are you saying I am Odd Master?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:21:27 2007] : ** (88) Daelan looks at Sevis," Truer words were never spoke." **
[Sun Apr 01 00:22:04 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens looks at Tektie "Very" **
[Sun Apr 01 00:26:09 2007] : (132) Surreal: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 01 00:26:09 2007] : (132) Surreal (exit): 00:26
[Sun Apr 01 00:26:40 2007] : ** (120) Thom spends much of the walk, trying to figure out what he can offer from the heart. **
[Sun Apr 01 00:27:47 2007] : (123) Morti: "From the heart.. from the heart..." :offers oddly: "WE could make her a pot."
[Sun Apr 01 00:28:11 2007] : (88) Daelan: " From the heart?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:28:40 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Generally that means either words or an emotion,those are things from the heart."
[Sun Apr 01 00:29:40 2007] : (123) Morti: :nods: "When I was little I made a clay pot for my Mother as a gift with my sister. It looked terrible. But she said she loved it because it came from the heart."
[Sun Apr 01 00:29:47 2007] : (120) Thom: "So the godess wants us to recite poetry?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:30:17 2007] : (123) Morti: "So, we just have to make her a pot." :grins:
[Sun Apr 01 00:30:21 2007] : (119) Atross: "Could be."
[Sun Apr 01 00:32:16 2007] : (88) Daelan: " You can think of it forever and we still may never know what is needed,when we get there,perhaps we will be given another clue."
[Sun Apr 01 00:32:19 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "Poetry is an idea, but I was more getting at Morti's idea. Something that has personal value to us as a group"
[Sun Apr 01 00:32:33 2007] : (120) Thom: "Of course, any disdain for this godess is going to make this process difficult."
[Sun Apr 01 00:33:49 2007] : (120) Thom: "Any specific ideas?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:33:51 2007] : (123) Morti: "What's personally valuable to us as a group?
[Sun Apr 01 00:34:10 2007] : (88) Daelan: " A member."
[Sun Apr 01 00:34:13 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "None yet"
[Sun Apr 01 00:36:18 2007] : (120) Thom: "What? Leave someone behind? I don't think so. We already have to have someone sacrifice themselves in order to close the portal to the Outer Planes. That is more than enough sacrifice of people."
[Sun Apr 01 00:36:19 2007] : (123) Morti: "Maybe she'd like mroe honey. We could stop by the bee keeper's place."
[Sun Apr 01 00:37:25 2007] : (120) Thom: "That might work. But we have to be sure not to mention the goddess around them, remember that Morti. I doubt that it mattered in front of Hermes, but it could to anyone else."
[Sun Apr 01 00:40:58 2007] : (88) Daelan: " If she is looking for something that personally valuable to us as a group,would it not be friendship? That is something that has touched each member of the group."
[Sun Apr 01 00:41:41 2007] : (123) Morti: :stops a moment to cast a smile back to Daelan: "Really? You think of us as friends?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:42:23 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Do not be funny Morti,to me you are companions."
[Sun Apr 01 00:42:48 2007] : (119) Atross: "Then we should work together to make a handcrafted pot?"
[Sun Apr 01 00:44:00 2007] : ** (123) Morti smiles wider, and suddenly hugs Dael: "It's nice to have friends." **
[Sun Apr 01 00:44:31 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens stifles a laugh **
[Sun Apr 01 00:44:45 2007] : ** (88) Daelan pushes Morti off him," And you wonder why it is I do not like you Edan." **
[Sun Apr 01 00:45:42 2007] : (123) Morti: "Eh? That's okay, I know now you really do like us. We're friends after all." :rubs it in further before turning to continue walking:
[Sun Apr 01 00:45:47 2007] : ** (120) Thom just shakes his head watching the scene. **
[Sun Apr 01 00:47:03 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sun Apr 01 00:48:26 2007] : (120) Thom: "So we offer to befriend the Goddess? I doubt that will happen."
[Sun Apr 01 00:49:17 2007] : (123) Morti: "Why not? We're friendly and likable."
[Sun Apr 01 00:50:25 2007] : ** (120) Thom glances back momentarily at the rear of the party. "Most of us, yes. But I presonally couldn't care less about befriending this Goddess that dumped us here." **
[Sun Apr 01 00:50:43 2007] : (88) Daelan: " I am sure it will be something different for each of us when we go to face her."
[Sun Apr 01 00:53:22 2007] : (125) Hermes: ((FF))
[Sun Apr 01 00:53:33 2007] : (125) DM: (FF)
[Sun Apr 01 00:53:52 2007] : (123) Morti: "maybe we should just ask what people regularly give as sacrifice at the temple."
[Sun Apr 01 00:54:01 2007] : (120) Thom: (( sounds good. do we visit the beekeeper, or just head to the temple? ))
[Sun Apr 01 00:54:39 2007] : (120) Thom: "I tried that, the old cleric guy said nothing."
[Sun Apr 01 00:56:06 2007] : (125) DM: ((the temple))
[Sun Apr 01 00:58:58 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens enteres the Temple **
[Sun Apr 01 00:59:05 2007] : (120) Thom: "Let's just hope we can all think of something when the time comes." Thom looks to see if the woodcutter is out again when they pass his place.
[Sun Apr 01 01:00:00 2007] : ** (119) Atross looks around the temple grounds once more. "We're supposed to restore the place, right?" **
[Sun Apr 01 01:00:14 2007] : (134) Yazut (enter): 01:00
[Sun Apr 01 01:01:04 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens looks around for an alter or some place to put an offering **
[Sun Apr 01 01:03:04 2007] : (125) DM: Of Vrainos, there is no sign.
[Sun Apr 01 01:04:04 2007] : (125) DM: The temple appears just as you remember it. An outer sanctuary, an inner chamber. It's keeper does not seem to be present, however.
[Sun Apr 01 01:04:34 2007] : (123) Morti: :groans: "We still need something to offer."
[Sun Apr 01 01:05:17 2007] : (120) Thom: "I'm hoping that sumbitting an offering will restore it. After all, I'm not a stonemason."
[Sun Apr 01 01:06:53 2007] : (120) Thom: "Only one way to find out really," and he follows Sevis into the temple itself, to find the alter.
[Sun Apr 01 01:08:15 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Apr 01 01:08:15 2007] : (120) Thom: (whispering): I find the alter fine?
[Sun Apr 01 01:08:45 2007] : (125) DM: The inner chamber is still and silent. Unlike its former appearance when Vrainos was present, it's present incarnation is a plain stone chamber.
[Sun Apr 01 01:08:51 2007] : ** (88) Daelan follows the others into the temple,his eyes scanning the room quickly **
[Sun Apr 01 01:08:56 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Apr 01 01:09:00 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a bit dusty
[Sun Apr 01 01:09:10 2007] : ** (123) Morti follows in behind. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:09:45 2007] : ** (119) Atross enters the temple following Sevis to find out what they can do. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:10:01 2007] : ** (120) Thom approaches the plain alter and carefully dusts it off, looking it over for any symbols. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:11:27 2007] : (125) DM: You're definitely alone.
[Sun Apr 01 01:12:12 2007] : (88) Daelan: (whispering): any tracks other than ours in the room?
[Sun Apr 01 01:12:21 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): A shield with an intricate design, a beehive and crossed spears are prominently displayed, as is a loom.
[Sun Apr 01 01:12:33 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Apr 01 01:12:34 2007] : (123) Morti: "Hmmm... maybe we need to give an offer before anything will happen."
[Sun Apr 01 01:13:35 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): just out of habit - check it also for traps, and see if there is anything that appears like it could be pressed, or if it's all solid.
[Sun Apr 01 01:14:52 2007] : ** (123) Morti screws up his face, scratching his head in deep thought. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:15:26 2007] : (120) Thom: "More bees..." he mutters.
[Sun Apr 01 01:15:46 2007] : (123) Morti: "bees?"
[Sun Apr 01 01:16:28 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Apr 01 01:16:31 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's all solid
[Sun Apr 01 01:16:34 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): or so it appears
[Sun Apr 01 01:16:40 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): :(
[Sun Apr 01 01:16:47 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): you and your 'appears"
[Sun Apr 01 01:17:04 2007] : (120) Thom: "Huh?" he looks up at Morti. "Oh yeah, the images here. There is a shield with an intricate design, a beehive and crossed spears are prominently displayed, as is a loom, on the alter."
[Sun Apr 01 01:17:43 2007] : (120) Thom: "And I was just remembering the words we were told - to always remember the bees."
[Sun Apr 01 01:18:12 2007] : (123) Morti: "Hmmm.. maybe we should have brought honey after all."
[Sun Apr 01 01:19:45 2007] : (119) Atross: "Honey or cloth, apparently. I wonder why."
[Sun Apr 01 01:19:59 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "I have a blanket"
[Sun Apr 01 01:21:01 2007] : (120) Thom: "Well, let's give it a shot, if you are willing Sevis."
[Sun Apr 01 01:21:33 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "Sure" ^en^** diggs into his back and pulls out his winter blanket and places it on the alter **
[Sun Apr 01 01:21:40 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "Sure" ** diggs into his back and pulls out his winter blanket and places it on the alter **
[Sun Apr 01 01:22:13 2007] : (125) DM: Nothing seems to happen.
[Sun Apr 01 01:23:32 2007] : ** (119) Atross ponders in thought. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:23:53 2007] : (123) Morti: "Well..." :reaches into a pocket in his robes, pulling out a cloth wrapped item.: "I do have this." :He unwraps it to show what remains of the honey comb the coutl erutped from. "The honey is all crystalized though."
[Sun Apr 01 01:23:55 2007] : ** (88) Daelan takes an arrow and places it on the blanket,motioning Atross to the do same thing so that they are crossed. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:24:18 2007] : (120) Thom: "Maybe we just leave." Thom turns away from the alter and heads back to the entrance. He pauses briefly, and then steps out, and starts to descend the stairs.
[Sun Apr 01 01:24:48 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens shrugs well anything is worth a shot **
[Sun Apr 01 01:25:02 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): do I still see Greece?
[Sun Apr 01 01:25:09 2007] : (125) DM: Your surroundings are still in Arcadia.
[Sun Apr 01 01:25:53 2007] : ** (123) Morti lays the honey comb onto the altar, and kneels to offer a prayer. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:25:56 2007] : (120) Thom: 'Damn, of course it couldn't be that easy." he mutters as he climbs back of the few steps he went down and returns to the alter.
[Sun Apr 01 01:25:57 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Well we still need a shield."
[Sun Apr 01 01:26:01 2007] : ** (119) Atross adds an arrow of his own over the blanket, now mirroring the crossed spears of the alter's design. "Though I'm not sure if this counts, coming from someone like me." **
[Sun Apr 01 01:26:50 2007] : ** (120) Thom pulls off his small buckler. "If it gets us closer to home..." And he adds it to the pile. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:27:36 2007] : (120) Thom: "That cover everything?
[Sun Apr 01 01:28:17 2007] : ** (88) Daelan stands back and waits. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:28:44 2007] : (123) Morti: "I'm not sure we're doibg this the right way."
[Sun Apr 01 01:28:48 2007] : ** (120) Thom tries once again to test the stairs, seeing if descending them returns him home. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:29:28 2007] : (125) DM: You're still in Greece.
[Sun Apr 01 01:30:06 2007] : (119) Atross: "That's how it seems to me, too Morti."
[Sun Apr 01 01:30:09 2007] : (120) Thom: "Damnation! What do you want?!?" he cries out before stomping back up the stairs.
[Sun Apr 01 01:31:03 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Apr 01 01:31:03 2007] : (134) Yazut: (whispering): In Greece!?
[Sun Apr 01 01:31:29 2007] : ** (120) Thom returns to the alter and collects his shield. "Any other ideas?" **
[Sun Apr 01 01:31:33 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Apr 01 01:32:04 2007] : (134) Yazut: (whispering): Oh, man.
[Sun Apr 01 01:32:09 2007] : ** (88) Daelan takes everything off the alter,then asks for the shield to be placed on the alter first. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:32:24 2007] : (134) Yazut: (whispering): Yazut woulda *loved* ot run around Athens poking fun at the democracy.
[Sun Apr 01 01:32:50 2007] : (120) Thom: "Fine." He hands the shield over to Daelan.
[Sun Apr 01 01:33:11 2007] : ** (88) Daelan places the shield on the alter,then asks for the beehive **
[Sun Apr 01 01:33:51 2007] : (123) Morti: (beehive's already on the altar)
[Sun Apr 01 01:34:12 2007] : (123) Morti: (er.. it was rather)
[Sun Apr 01 01:34:44 2007] : ** (88) Daelan then places both arrows on the alter,crossing them the same way as they are pictured on the alter,then finally places the blanket over the alter covering everything. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:35:11 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Perhaps everything has to be placed as it is in the picture on the alter."
[Sun Apr 01 01:35:33 2007] : ** (120) Thom crosses his arms, waiting to see if anything happens. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:35:57 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Nope
[Sun Apr 01 01:36:53 2007] : (125) Voice: "A gift from the heart, your heart..."
[Sun Apr 01 01:37:43 2007] : (125) DM: A soft, feminine voice speaks softly in the chamber.
[Sun Apr 01 01:37:45 2007] : ** (120) Thom looks up. "Is that not what we have offered?" **
[Sun Apr 01 01:39:21 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "I dont think that stuff is from our heart"
[Sun Apr 01 01:39:57 2007] : (119) Atross: "Those arrows mean quite a lot to me, actually. More than this goddess, which I think is the problem here."
[Sun Apr 01 01:39:58 2007] : ** (120) Thom returns to the alter and retieves his shield once again. "Good, I can keep my shiled then." **
[Sun Apr 01 01:40:16 2007] : (120) Thom: (( *shield ))
[Sun Apr 01 01:40:29 2007] : ** (123) Morti takes a deep breath, as he looks up to the disembodied voice. It is a moment then of consideration, before he pulls out his lyre. He takes another moment to think before beginning to play. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:40:39 2007] : (123) Morti: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+6 ] => [3,6] = (9)
[Sun Apr 01 01:40:51 2007] : (125) DM: Sounds a bit discordant...
[Sun Apr 01 01:41:20 2007] : ** (88) Daelan covers his ears as Morti hits all the wrong notes. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:42:01 2007] : ** (120) Thom winces from the noise, but doesn't react too much otherwise, as he continues to scan the area. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:42:07 2007] : (123) Morti: :groans: "Stupid ancient instrument." :He flexes his fingers, resets the instrument in his lap and tries again:
[Sun Apr 01 01:42:10 2007] : (123) Morti: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+6 ] => [16,6] = (22)
[Sun Apr 01 01:42:44 2007] : ** (120) Thom reaches into his pack, and returns his amulet that he received from Etienne around his neck. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:42:50 2007] : ** (123) Morti plays a rather sweet sounding lullaby. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:43:08 2007] : (125) DM: The amulet disappears.
[Sun Apr 01 01:43:25 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): Medallion of Thoughts - I know it didn't workoutside, but I figured I'd try it here. Trying to search for thinking minds first.
[Sun Apr 01 01:43:38 2007] : ** (88) Daelan looks over at Morti," Well atleast you are playing it better this time,but then again snapping a string would have sounded better than the first few notes you played." **
[Sun Apr 01 01:44:16 2007] : (123) Morti: "Sorry.. I've never played one of these things before." :offers as he plays:
[Sun Apr 01 01:44:36 2007] : ** (120) Thom gasps, as his hands clench tightly. "Let us go home." he says, but it is forced through clenched teeth. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:44:54 2007] : (125) Voice: "A gift freely given shall be repaid tenfold in kind. By the power of Spirit that moves across time and in all worlds, be you returned to your own time and plane."
[Sun Apr 01 01:46:01 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens recites a poem he just thought of **
[Sun Apr 01 01:46:06 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens:
I step from my reality into the unknown
Searching for the meaning of life and death
All I find is more confusion
Time is twisted
Personalities split
We wander though life seeking answers
Without knowing the proper questions

[Sun Apr 01 01:46:33 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Apr 01 01:46:49 2007] : ** (120) Thom waits around to see if anything changes to his perception. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:47:40 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): of course - didn't work since it disappeared once I pulled it out. Damn goddess! :)
[Sun Apr 01 01:48:22 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens heads back out of the Temple to see if they are back yet **
[Sun Apr 01 01:48:53 2007] : ** (120) Thom follows Sevis, not wanting to see what he thinks he will. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:49:04 2007] : (88) Daelan: (whispering): is Thom still with us or is he gone?
[Sun Apr 01 01:49:44 2007] : ** (119) Atross doesn't spend more time in the temple than he has to and checks outside with this promosing message. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:49:59 2007] : (120) Thom: (( still Greece? ))
[Sun Apr 01 01:50:03 2007] : ** (123) Morti finishes his song, bows to the altar and turns to see what happens as the other try to leave. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:50:27 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Apr 01 01:50:52 2007] : (125) DM: It appears as if you've returned to Andurin.
[Sun Apr 01 01:51:03 2007] : ** (120) Thom mutters, but loud enough so those inside can still hear. "We're back." **
[Sun Apr 01 01:51:21 2007] : ** (120) Thom descends the steps and walks away from the temple. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:51:35 2007] : ** (88) Daelan steps outside and looks around. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:52:34 2007] : (119) Atross: "Ah, back somewhere familiar."
[Sun Apr 01 01:52:39 2007] : ** (123) Morti hurries to follow the others out of the temple, spreading his arms wide as he looks about, "Aah, home! Sort of..." **
[Sun Apr 01 01:53:38 2007] : (125) DM: The temple is much the same as you remember it the first time -- a bit dilapidated and overgrown.
[Sun Apr 01 01:54:04 2007] : ** (120) Thom resists the urge to look back at the temple, and he strides out arcoss the clearing, heading back to the way he remembers Rhian and Drenla waiting. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:54:09 2007] : ** (88) Daelan moves as far away from the temple as he can. **
[Sun Apr 01 01:55:56 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): I can't remember. Was there a path that we took here, or was it fairly overgorwn?
[Sun Apr 01 01:56:07 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens returns to the road with Thom **
[Sun Apr 01 01:56:45 2007] : ** (123) Morti glances at his fiddle, pleased to have his true instrument back, and noting his familiar coat covering himself. Reaching a hand up to the scafr once more covering his face, he sighs. "Well... home is home." Petting moiraine's head, the hage follows back up the road **
[Sun Apr 01 01:56:52 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the temple was in the middle of a clearing
[Sun Apr 01 01:56:58 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and there was a path
[Sun Apr 01 01:57:20 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, you have hair
[Sun Apr 01 01:57:32 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): darn, I was kinda hoping for overgrown. Give Thom an execuse to make a path with a flaming sword. :)
[Sun Apr 01 01:57:33 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Morti still has hair
[Sun Apr 01 01:57:40 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Apr 01 01:57:41 2007] : (123) Lunauc: (whispering): eh?
[Sun Apr 01 01:57:51 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): Unfortunately, Thom isn't looking back.
[Sun Apr 01 01:57:58 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): eh is right
[Sun Apr 01 01:58:12 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah well
[Sun Apr 01 01:58:16 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sooner or later you'll notice
[Sun Apr 01 01:58:51 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): true.
[Sun Apr 01 01:59:13 2007] : (123) Lunauc: (whispering): Aaawww.. you wanna take away Morti's deformity?
[Sun Apr 01 02:00:22 2007] : ** (88) Daelan walks quickly catching up to Morti," One thing I can truthfully say about you Humans,traveling with you is never dull." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:00:54 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not permanently
[Sun Apr 01 02:00:55 2007] : ** (120) Thom moves at a rather quick pace away from the temple, back to their horses. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:00:57 2007] : (123) Morti: :nods to Daelan: "Yeah... but I wouldn't mind a bit of boredom now and again."
[Sun Apr 01 02:01:10 2007] : (123) Lunauc: (whispering): huh?
[Sun Apr 01 02:01:23 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): let's just say you'll have your own self back
[Sun Apr 01 02:01:29 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): eventually
[Sun Apr 01 02:01:36 2007] : (119) Atross: "Such a strange land that was. Not the kind of way I like traveling though."
[Sun Apr 01 02:01:41 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "Maybe we can relax at the Wite tower for a few days after we drop Rhian off."
[Sun Apr 01 02:02:02 2007] : (123) Lunauc: (whispering): which own self?
[Sun Apr 01 02:02:42 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: (( *White ))
[Sun Apr 01 02:02:51 2007] : (123) Lunauc: (whispering): how does he look now? patchwork skin and human hair? fully human? Is he just wearing a wig?
[Sun Apr 01 02:02:56 2007] : ** (120) Thom remains silent as they return to their horses. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:03:30 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you look as you were in Greece
[Sun Apr 01 02:03:44 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but you'll eventually revert to your own self
[Sun Apr 01 02:04:04 2007] : (123) Lunauc: (whispering): does that mean I spoke too soon in my gear changing back?
[Sun Apr 01 02:04:05 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the transformation back will take a while though
[Sun Apr 01 02:04:28 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): your physical appearance, not your items
[Sun Apr 01 02:04:35 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): your items revert immediately
[Sun Apr 01 02:05:01 2007] : (123) Lunauc: (whispering): heh.. since he keeps his mask on, he probably won't even notice. Kinda funny
[Sun Apr 01 02:06:17 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: (( I am nodding off ))
[Sun Apr 01 02:06:29 2007] : (120) Thom: (( then wake up! :P ))
[Sun Apr 01 02:07:16 2007] : (123) Morti: "That would be nice. I'd love to learn more about the Aes Sedai."
[Sun Apr 01 02:07:29 2007] : ** (88) Daelan continues to follow along with the others. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:07:33 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "As would I"
[Sun Apr 01 02:07:35 2007] : ** (120) Thom approachs the horses and mounts up, heading off slowly - checking the front position as everyone else arrives and loads up. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:08:05 2007] : (120) Thom: (( assuming it was ok to FF... sorry, should have asked. ))
[Sun Apr 01 02:09:22 2007] : (125) DM: ((FF, sure))
[Sun Apr 01 02:10:19 2007] : (120) Thom: (( or if everyone is fading, might be a good place to wrap it up. ))
[Sun Apr 01 02:10:26 2007] : ** (88) Daelan mounts up,glad to be back in familiar country once more. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:11:09 2007] : ** (119) Atross mounts up and checks his supplies as well. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:11:52 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): well - at least this way I can make use of the amulet that I started the game with - natural armor. :)
[Sun Apr 01 02:13:02 2007] : (123) Morti: :mounts up to leave: "So, how much longer do we have to go before we reach the White Tower?"
[Sun Apr 01 02:13:12 2007] : (125) DM: ((It'll take a bit to return to where you left Drenla and Rhian however))
[Sun Apr 01 02:13:57 2007] : (120) Thom: (( oh, we didn't leave them with all the horses? I foget, it's been a while. ))
[Sun Apr 01 02:14:33 2007] : (125) DM: ((about two to three hours travel.))
[Sun Apr 01 02:14:43 2007] : ** (88) Daelan rides to the front,checking the ground to see if he can pick up the tracks that will lead us back to Drenla and Rhian **
[Sun Apr 01 02:15:15 2007] : ** (120) Thom is ahead of the group a bit, although Daelan likely quickly catches up to him. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:15:15 2007] : (123) Morti: (afk a min)
[Sun Apr 01 02:18:30 2007] : (88) Daelan: " I see you are troubled by the loss of your shield Thom."
[Sun Apr 01 02:18:42 2007] : (88) Daelan: * amulet
[Sun Apr 01 02:19:00 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): ok - Thom has his shield, but the medallion of thoughts is what dissapeared, right?
[Sun Apr 01 02:19:22 2007] : (120) Thom: "It was not meant as an offereing. It was taken from me."
[Sun Apr 01 02:19:59 2007] : (120) Thom: (( yes - amulet. ))
[Sun Apr 01 02:20:32 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Well it did say that you would be rewarded tenfold."
[Sun Apr 01 02:21:41 2007] : (120) Thom: "I doubt even that is within the power of a goddess. That amulet was a reward from a powerful mage, and it saved my hide, our hide in fact, more than once."
[Sun Apr 01 02:22:35 2007] : (88) Daelan: " It is a loss we all shall feel I am sure."
[Sun Apr 01 02:24:01 2007] : ** (120) Thom hangs his head slightly. "And she just took it, that's the worst part. It is not an item I would have easily parted with, but it would have been different if she had let me offer it instead of just taking it." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:24:39 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Apr 01 02:25:43 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Something tells me that all it wanted was a magical item,something powerful,like your amulet,or even my bow,but you drew it out and it took it I am sorry for that."
[Sun Apr 01 02:26:51 2007] : (120) Thom: "It's the way of the gods. Be it this world, that world, or any. They can be just as petty and want magical items as much as any mortal."
[Sun Apr 01 02:28:15 2007] : (88) Daelan: " At times I think they are even more petty than the mortals."
[Sun Apr 01 02:28:36 2007] : ** (88) Daelan continues to follow the tracks. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:28:57 2007] : (120) Thom: "But I thank you for your concern. Oh, and did you see anything when we decended the stairs of the temple? That was where our rewards were supposed to await us."
[Sun Apr 01 02:29:10 2007] : (88) Daelan: " I wonder how long in our world we were gone,perhaps Drenla and Rhian are not where we left them.''
[Sun Apr 01 02:29:32 2007] : ** (120) Thom chuckles slightly, "It appears that we actually do have some things in common Daelan." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:30:07 2007] : (120) Thom: "Unless it was months, they would wait. I am sure of that."
[Sun Apr 01 02:30:13 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Perhaps our reward was being returned from whence we came,for that was all I saw."
[Sun Apr 01 02:30:40 2007] : (120) Thom: "Maybe, leave it to a goddess to make it sound like something more."
[Sun Apr 01 02:31:45 2007] : (88) Daelan: " The ways of the female mind,much less that of a goddess,are something we mortals will never fully understand,even if given all the time in the world."
[Sun Apr 01 02:32:34 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): Yes, I know that when Thom realizes what has happened, he might have to do quite some verbal backpeddling, but that will be fun. :)
[Sun Apr 01 02:33:14 2007] : (125) DM: As you round a bend in the road, the elderly woman you first met sits on a stump, as if awaiting your arrival.
[Sun Apr 01 02:33:39 2007] : ** (120) Thom laughs out loud. "Very true. Even after having some of the thoughts of a female in my mind, I can't understand a lick of them." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:33:43 2007] : ** (88) Daelan brings his horse to a sudden stop,then looks over at Thom. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:34:05 2007] : ** (120) Thom brings his horse to a stop as well, as a snear sets itself on his face. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:34:48 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "That was an interesting adventure my Lady"
[Sun Apr 01 02:34:57 2007] : (120) Thom: "More wild pointless errands for us?"
[Sun Apr 01 02:35:03 2007] : ** (123) Morti reins his horese along with the others, noticing the old woman nearby. "Hello again, Ma'am." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:35:15 2007] : (125) Athena: "Is your faith so lacking that you require proof?" (smiles slightly)
[Sun Apr 01 02:36:07 2007] : ** (120) Thom just stares at the woman. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:36:16 2007] : ** (88) Daelan looks at Thom," Another goddess that speaks in circles?" **
[Sun Apr 01 02:36:41 2007] : (138) Paddrino (enter): 02:36
[Sun Apr 01 02:37:11 2007] : (120) Thom: "Who knows what she is. She sent us to that temple though, started this whole thing."
[Sun Apr 01 02:37:37 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Maybe she has your reward."
[Sun Apr 01 02:37:52 2007] : (125) Athena: "You did a great service -- more than you can possibly know -- and you will receive a reward that befits it. The ways of the gods are the same regardless of the world they live in."
[Sun Apr 01 02:38:05 2007] : ** (120) Thom never takes his eyes off the woman. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:38:13 2007] : (138) Paddrino (exit): 02:38
[Sun Apr 01 02:38:33 2007] : (120) Thom: "We had figured that much out already." he mutters.
[Sun Apr 01 02:38:46 2007] : ** (123) Morti scratches his covered head. "We did?" **
[Sun Apr 01 02:39:30 2007] : ** (120) Thom glances back at Morti, "I'll explain... uh..." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:40:22 2007] : ** (120) Thom looks around at everyone quickly, and then down at his waist - where he draws Ringrist halfway out of it's scabbard. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:40:34 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): anything else change from the Andurin normal?
[Sun Apr 01 02:41:29 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens goes into a defensive stance as Thom thats to draw his weapon **
[Sun Apr 01 02:41:54 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well, Morti has hair.
[Sun Apr 01 02:42:01 2007] : ** (120) Thom stops drawing Ringrist halfway out, as he is just looking at the blade some. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:42:11 2007] : ** (88) Daelan places his hand upon his quiver,his eyes moving about. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:42:12 2007] : (125) Athena: "There is no need for that." (a trifle impatiently)
[Sun Apr 01 02:42:15 2007] : (119) Atross: "We did not go on that little trip to perform a service. We went there to satisfy our very mortal curiosity."
[Sun Apr 01 02:42:18 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): yes - that's what stopped Thom's comment. :)
[Sun Apr 01 02:43:13 2007] : ** (88) Daelan looks at Athena," Are you a goddess?" **
[Sun Apr 01 02:43:17 2007] : (125) DM: She shrugs. "Much shall be asked of you, but it shall not be I or any of the Circle who shall."
[Sun Apr 01 02:43:19 2007] : ** (120) Thom returns Ringrist to it's sheath, and looks back at Morti. "Morti, how did you, uh, you know?" he asks, indicating Morti's head. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:44:30 2007] : (123) Morti: "My head..." :figuring he just means the shifting of his mask: "It's just a trick.. you've seen it before."
[Sun Apr 01 02:44:32 2007] : (125) Athena: "I am of the world."
[Sun Apr 01 02:44:55 2007] : (120) Zane: (whispering): that's why I asked if anything else was differenmt, because right now, Thom has to assume that's Morti's hair is his own doing.
[Sun Apr 01 02:45:51 2007] : (88) Daelan: " But you said you are of the circle."
[Sun Apr 01 02:45:52 2007] : (120) Thom: "Not that, your hair. How did you keep it?"
[Sun Apr 01 02:46:13 2007] : (125) Athena: "You visited the oracle to gain insight in order to free Hermes. Remember the answers that you were given. Remember."
[Sun Apr 01 02:48:05 2007] : (123) Morti: "HUh?" :reaches up and feels his scarf covering his head. "Oh... haha... funny..." :seeps sarcasm:
[Sun Apr 01 02:48:09 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens looks at Thom "What are you talking about?" **
[Sun Apr 01 02:49:29 2007] : ** (120) Thom looks confused as he glances between Morti and Sevis. "But... Oh hell, now I'm seeing things. Sorry Morti," he says, his voice sounding depressed. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:50:09 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Perhaps that is your gift Thom."
[Sun Apr 01 02:50:10 2007] : ** (125) Athena gestures to Morti. "Your true character will always outshine your appearance. However, my gift to you shall be that you retain what you once were for a time." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:51:07 2007] : (120) Thom: "To see things? Yeah, that's tenfold better than the amulet." the birds even sense the sarcasm on his voice.
[Sun Apr 01 02:51:14 2007] : ** (125) Athena gestures to Daelan. "To question that which is, to seek truth is ever your character. My gift to you shall be that you shall gain insight in things unlooked for." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:51:35 2007] : (88) Daelan: " No the ability to see what is really there."
[Sun Apr 01 02:51:51 2007] : (123) Morti: "HUh?" :quirks his head at the Goddess dumbly:
[Sun Apr 01 02:53:02 2007] : (88) Daelan: " Look at Morti now,he has hair now does he not."
[Sun Apr 01 02:53:31 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "Ahh, Thom saw that you had retained your look from wherever we were"
[Sun Apr 01 02:53:55 2007] : (120) Thom: "It looked like it to me earlier."
[Sun Apr 01 02:54:01 2007] : (123) Morti: ((they have x-ray vision through my scarf?))
[Sun Apr 01 02:54:21 2007] : ** (125) Athena gestures to Atross. "To each of you all, know that Fate that smile upon you. Much shall be asked of you in the time to come but it shall not be my doing or any of the Circle." **
[Sun Apr 01 02:54:40 2007] : ** (120) Thom glances back at Morti nonetheless. **
[Sun Apr 01 02:54:45 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "Well Athena said he gets to keep that look."
[Sun Apr 01 02:54:59 2007] : (88) Daelan: " There are seers I have heard of that can see things before they happen,they call it fore sight,perhaps that is what you were given Thom."
[Sun Apr 01 02:56:57 2007] : (120) Thom: "Oh, that sounds like fun..."
[Sun Apr 01 02:58:13 2007] : ** (123) Morti lets careful fingers drift up to his scarf, pulling the folds apart to reveal his skin, and move upward until they feel the barrier of his hairline. A swide smile forms on his lips. But the smile soon begins to fade, as he looks back to the godedd, "You said, "for a time". How long will I look like this?" **
[Sun Apr 01 02:59:00 2007] : (125) Athena: "Is it your wish to remain as you are or as you were?"
[Sun Apr 01 03:01:13 2007] : ** (123) Morti gives a wry chortle as he thinks it over. "Well.. I admit... it would be nice to look like everyone else for a change. Getting funny looks as the kid in the mask, or creeping people out when they see me without it, is not very pleasant." :he chews his lip though in pensive expression.: **
[Sun Apr 01 03:01:28 2007] : (140) Tobias (enter): 03:01
[Sun Apr 01 03:01:38 2007] : (140) Tobias (exit): 03:01
[Sun Apr 01 03:01:55 2007] : ** (120) Thom looks at the woman. "Very well, since we apparently did such a great service, we will be on our way. After all, time is of the essence in our attempt to save our world as well." **
[Sun Apr 01 03:02:02 2007] : (123) Morti: "But...." :a heavy breath escapes his lungs: "If it is just a silly spell that will fade with time, why lie to myself for vanity's sake?"
[Sun Apr 01 03:04:06 2007] : ** (123) Morti looks up to Thom, nodding in agreement. "Right.. we should go." **
[Sun Apr 01 03:04:14 2007] : ** (125) Athena smiles slightly. "Yes, so it is. Know by the power of the Spirit that moves in this world and all others, that when you wake on the morrow, it will be as if one week has passed since you first met she who has been raised to the shawl. The gift of time is precious indeed." **
[Sun Apr 01 03:04:28 2007] : (125) Athena: "That is my final gift to you."
[Sun Apr 01 03:04:57 2007] : (123) Morti: "What?" :quirks his brow to Athena's latest "gift":
[Sun Apr 01 03:05:20 2007] : (125) Athena: "Remember that which the oracle spoke of. Remember."
[Sun Apr 01 03:05:30 2007] : (121) Sevis Goloens: "That would involve going the wrong direction in time I think."
[Sun Apr 01 03:05:31 2007] : (120) Thom: "I hate time travelling." he mutters.
[Sun Apr 01 03:05:38 2007] : (125) DM: The gray-eyed woman swiftly transforms to an owl and flies off.
[Sun Apr 01 03:06:09 2007] : ** (123) Morti blinks at the godess' departure and agrees with Thom, "You and me both." **
[Sun Apr 01 03:07:15 2007] : (120) Thom: "Let's just get back to Rhain and Drenla."
[Sun Apr 01 03:07:19 2007] : (125) DM: ((and on that note, we'll stop))
[Sun Apr 01 03:07:25 2007] : ** (121) Sevis Goloens nods **
[Sun Apr 01 03:07:28 2007] : ** (119) Atross tries to add up what day it'll suppose to be tomorrow, in that case. **
[Sun Apr 01 03:07:29 2007] : (88) Daelan: " I am begining to dislike the meeting of these gods,they have yet to speak normally,always in circles."
[Sun Apr 01 03:07:50 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: fyi...
[Sun Apr 01 03:08:19 2007] : (116) Tektite: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 01 03:08:21 2007] : (116) DJ (Ubuntu 6.10) (exit): 03:08
[Sun Apr 01 03:08:34 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: Each of you receives a charm in the shape of a caduceus
[Sun Apr 01 03:08:36 2007] : (119) Atross: Just think, if I'd stayed home, I'd have had less to do with gods.
[Sun Apr 01 03:08:39 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sun Apr 01 03:08:59 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: this can take place offstage between now and next session or next session as you prefer
[Sun Apr 01 03:09:28 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: the charm grants you the power to call on Hermes should you ever be in a situation that requires his aid
[Sun Apr 01 03:09:52 2007] : (120) Thom: from Athena? Or do we just suddenly have it in our possession?
[Sun Apr 01 03:09:54 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: One charm per PC
[Sun Apr 01 03:10:05 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: no, from Hermes
[Sun Apr 01 03:10:16 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: remember, he told you to expect a reward when you returned to Andurin
[Sun Apr 01 03:10:34 2007] : (123) Morti: "Damn it... I can't get my model airplane off the roof. SUMMON HERMES!!"
[Sun Apr 01 03:10:34 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: As for Athena, her "gift", besides all the others she mentioned...
[Sun Apr 01 03:10:37 2007] : (120) Thom: Ok, if he gave it to us, fine. Otherwise, Thom's might have found it's way flying off a cliff.
[Sun Apr 01 03:10:59 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: is that for a certain duration, you receive the gift of good fortune
[Sun Apr 01 03:11:18 2007] : (123) Morti: woohoo! let's hit the gambling dens!
[Sun Apr 01 03:11:24 2007] : (88) Daelan: so I have the ability to gain insight in things not looked for?
[Sun Apr 01 03:11:35 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: in game terms, this translates to +25% XP and a +5 bonus to all rolls.
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:01 2007] : (123) Morti: all rolls? for how long?
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:02 2007] : (123) Morti: ...
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:07 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: for a certain duration
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:07 2007] : (134) Yazut: Now *that's* a nifty gift.
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:08 2007] : (123) Morti: lets go pick som fights
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:12 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:24 2007] : (119) Atross: That would not be wise
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:48 2007] : (119) Atross: It's best to count on your own abilities; anything more is unreliable.
[Sun Apr 01 03:12:51 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: Morti's gift is that he retains his appearance for a time but eventually he reverts to his old self
[Sun Apr 01 03:13:07 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: Daelan's gift is that he gains +1 to Wis
[Sun Apr 01 03:13:15 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: that's OOC
[Sun Apr 01 03:13:22 2007] : (88) Daelan: kool needed that.
[Sun Apr 01 03:13:25 2007] : (123) Morti: pft... that means he has to keep his mask on in public anyway, since he doesn't knwo when he'll revert!
[Sun Apr 01 03:13:37 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: well you take it off sometime, lol
[Sun Apr 01 03:13:42 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: sooner or later you'll notice
[Sun Apr 01 03:14:10 2007] : (134) Yazut: Take proper advantage. Go out, get laid, as many times as possible.
[Sun Apr 01 03:14:20 2007] : (123) Morti: o.0 why do I get the suspicion of plotting on Morti
[Sun Apr 01 03:14:21 2007] : (123) Morti: ?
[Sun Apr 01 03:14:26 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: however a natural 1 is still a miss in combat
[Sun Apr 01 03:14:33 2007] : (121) Dj Gilcrease: I think we are rather far from the nearest town
[Sun Apr 01 03:14:48 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: don't have access to the map but you're correct
[Sun Apr 01 03:15:10 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: next session you return to Rhian's camp and involves travelling to Caer I believe
[Sun Apr 01 03:15:18 2007] : (123) Morti: Sounds nice in theory Yaz, but even if he isn't grotesquely deformed, Morti is still a short, scrawny, goofy, pimply faced kid.
[Sun Apr 01 03:15:21 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: after that, comes the White Tower
[Sun Apr 01 03:15:56 2007] : (134) Yazut: So you're stuck with short, scrawny, goofy, pimply faced girls. It's better than nothing.
[Sun Apr 01 03:16:10 2007] : (121) Dj Gilcrease: Ahh I thought we were droping her off before we went Caer hunting
[Sun Apr 01 03:16:57 2007] : (120) Thom: So - the caduceus can summon hermes for something, and we all have Athena's gift of good fortune for a short duration, right?
[Sun Apr 01 03:17:35 2007] : (120) Zane: So did I, but if she wishes to come and aide us, I won't say no.
[Sun Apr 01 03:19:41 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: well we could do it that way if you want
[Sun Apr 01 03:19:48 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: just requires a bit of retooling
[Sun Apr 01 03:19:57 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: mmm
[Sun Apr 01 03:20:07 2007] : (120) Zane: We are also trying to lower the number of NPCs you have to deal with. :)
[Sun Apr 01 03:20:08 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: the caduceus will call upon Hermes' aid
[Sun Apr 01 03:20:13 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: I'll leave it at that
[Sun Apr 01 03:20:28 2007] : (120) Zane: ok...
[Sun Apr 01 03:22:52 2007] : (123) Morti: right then... anything else before I fall asleep at the desk?
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:15 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: nope
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:25 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: Monday we might have a game finally
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:30 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: if I don't get trapped at work
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:36 2007] : (123) Morti: :nods good night ya'll
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:42 2007] : (120) Zane: woo hoo
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:44 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: I'll know more on Mon
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:50 2007] : (123) Morti: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:51 2007] : (123) Lunauc (exit): 03:23
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:55 2007] : (125) TaliesinNYC: later
[Sun Apr 01 03:23:57 2007] : (121) Dj Gilcrease: See ya
[Sun Apr 01 03:24:07 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Apr 01 03:24:08 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms