Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Mar 17 21:29:36 2007] : (276) Donovan (enter): 21:29

Sat Mar 17 21:29:36 2007] : (276) Donovan (enter): 21:29
[Sat Mar 17 21:29:36 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:29
[Sat Mar 17 21:29:36 2007] : (269) DJ (Ubuntu) (enter): 21:29
[Sat Mar 17 21:29:37 2007] : (279) Lunauc (enter): 21:29
[Sat Mar 17 21:29:38 2007] : (282) Zane (enter): 21:29
[Sat Mar 17 21:29:52 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (283) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Mar 17 21:30:15 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: so who's ubuntu?
[Sat Mar 17 21:30:28 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of LURKER to (269) DJ (Ubuntu)...
[Sat Mar 17 21:30:31 2007] : (282) Zane: Dj on Linux?
[Sat Mar 17 21:30:41 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: my 2nd client
[Sat Mar 17 21:32:29 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Mar 17 21:32:29 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): Trel's sheet: http://www.thetangledweb.net/profiler/view.php?id=11611
[Sat Mar 17 21:32:38 2007] : (282) Zane has sent you a tree node...
[Sat Mar 17 21:34:15 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): fine by me
[Sat Mar 17 21:34:33 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: ok, making dinner
[Sat Mar 17 21:34:43 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: I've been having stomach problems all day today
[Sat Mar 17 21:34:43 2007] : (282) Zane: k
[Sat Mar 17 21:34:56 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: so I don't know if I'm going to be able to last the night
[Sat Mar 17 21:34:59 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: we'll see
[Sat Mar 17 21:38:11 2007] : (282) Zane: going for a smoke while Stan makes dinner
[Sat Mar 17 21:51:37 2007] : (282) Zane: back
[Sat Mar 17 21:52:31 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: so each "Birds" is a group of 5
[Sat Mar 17 21:52:42 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: there are about 40 Stymphalian Birds in the flock
[Sat Mar 17 21:52:52 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: load your minis and I'll be right back
[Sat Mar 17 22:06:04 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (9) DM: Eventually you reach the place where you saw the arch.

A twisted metallic archway stands in the center of a clearing with strange spiralled yellow columns flanking it.

A soft light glows from spheres atop coiled strands of some white metal. Not silver, the shine was too dull for that. And no hintof what made the glow. The spheres simply shine.

There seems to be a heavy scent in the air...sharp and dry and not particularly pleasant.
(9) Voice: "A long time."
(9) DM: The speaker...whomever it is, has a particularly breathy voice.
** (5) Daelan moves away from the archway,his hand inches away from his quiver **
** (13) Thom stops at the sound of the voice - not wanting to get any closer with his metal. **
** (2) Arun places his hands on the hilts of his weapons, looking for the source of the words **
(6) Tektite: "I will remain out here with the rest of you."
** (3) Morti is sure to leave his lyre and iron items behind, along with his staff, in case the continual flame on it counts as fire. **
(9) Voice: "A long time, yet the seekers come again for answers. The questioners come once more. You have brought no lamps, no torches, as the agreement once was, and is, and forever shall be. You have no iron? No instruments of music?"
(4) Sevis Goloens: "So we are asking where we can find the one with the symbols of the serpent and wings, or the bronze container we need right?"
(9) DM: A figure steps out from behind the column. Tall, barefoot, arms and legs and body wound in some sort of layered yellow cloth. He (and you're sure it's a he) doesn't seem human. Too graceful but far too thin for its height, with a narrow, elongated face. His skin and even his straight black hair catches the light in a way that reminds you of snake scales. His pupils are black, vertical slits. No, definitely not human.
** (13) Thom looks to the three that will process, and nods. **
(9) The man: "Iron. Instruments of music. You have none?"
** (2) Arun quickly begins dropping anything metal, including the chain around his arm, his swords, and half a dozen daggers. **
(4) Sevis Goloens: "I have none of that."
(3) Morti: "Nope.. leaving them all behind." :smiles to the odd figure:
** (13) Thom collects Morti's and Arun's items and is sure to back off with them, closer to Daelan and Atross. **
** (2) Arun steps forward once he's relieved himself of his metallic gear **
** (9) The man looks at you and smiles slightly. He doesn't show any teeth and instead beckons to you with a long fingered hand. "Come. Follow. According to the agreement. Follow." **
** (5) Daelan narrows his eyes as his left hand touches the top of his quiver,his fingers moving slightly as if ready to draw an arrow." Make sure they are returned to us in the same way they enter." **
** (4) Sevis Goloens follows the man thing **
** (9) The man says nothing and instead waits. **
** (3) Morti hustles to follow, staring curiously at the alien figure **
** (2) Arun takes a few steps forward, waiting for the man to lead **
** (9) The man turns and enters the arch which shimmers briefly as the man-thing enters. **
** (13) Thom holds a hand up to Daelan, making sure he waits. **
** (2) Arun steps through the archway **
** (4) Sevis Goloens enters the arch and looks around getting his barrings **
(5) Daelan: " I do not like this Thom,something does not seem right."
(9) DM: A gray field forms beneath the arch. Hallways can be seen within that remind you of the time spent within the Focus of Yvvivor.
(13) Thom: "Neither do I exactly, but I think that we need to try this."
(3) Morti: "Wow.." :the young mage looks about, impressed by the scene as he follows their guest.:
(9) DM: To those of you outside, the gray field clears and you can see your companions with the guide. You can even hear them, but they cannot hear or see or interact with you in any manner.
(5) Daelan: " They did not ask the price before entering,let us hope they can pay it now that they have entered."
(13) Thom: "At least we should be able to see if there is any trouble."
(9) DM: To those of you with the guide, he leads you down a long tiled corridor that seems at once familiar and unfamiliar, as if you have been here before...except of course, you have not.
** (2) Arun studies the area around him, clearly somewhat unsettled by the sudden change in scene **
(9) DM: The halls are carved, the doorways rounded, windows perfect circles. Tilework made spirals and sinuous lines, and what seemed to be bronze metalwork set in the ceiling at odd intervals was all complicated scrolls. There are no pictures of anything, no paintings, no wall hangings. Only patterns and always curves.
** (9) The guide says nothing and instead leads you inward. **
** (2) Arun quietly follows the guide **
** (4) Sevis Goloens just follows along quietly **
(9) The guide: "Here." (gestures to a rounded doorway twice the size of any you have seen before) "Here your answers may be found. Enter one at a time and ask."
(9) The guide: "Each of you, three answers to three questions. Each of you, enter one at a time and ask."
** (2) Arun looks to the others, unsure who should go first **
** (9) The guide breathes deeply, sniffing the air almost compulsively. **
** (4) Sevis Goloens enters first **
** (3) Morti looks to the tall figure: "So, you're notthe oracle then?" **
(9) DM: Beyond the door is a round room, with spiraling floor tiles in red and white under a domed ceiling. There are no columns or furnishings of any kind save for three coiled pedestals around the heart of the floor's spirals. There seems to be no way to climb atop the pedestals, yet you see a man like your guide sitting cross-legged atop one of them, only wrapped in layers of red. The figures flanking him seem to be women. All have deep, penetrating stares and all breath deeply on seeing you, as if panting.
(9) The guide: "Beyond is the oracle." (smiles slightly without showing any teeth)
** (4) Sevis Goloens pauses right before crossing the door "I will ask about the symbol, Morti you can ask about the container" **
(3) Morti: "Oh..." :unaware the oracle is the same species: "Then what are you?"
(9) DM: All three of them had the breathy voice of the guide, almost indistinguishable in fact, and the harsh way of pronouncing words. They spoke in unison to Sevis, and the words might as well have come from one mouth. "Enter and ask, according to the agreement of old."
(3) Morti: :glances to Sevis: "I thought we were just asking where the one who has theat symbol is trapped.. like, where is the container trapping the god who's symbol is a winged serpent.. or something?"
(9) The guide: "A guide."
** (4) Sevis Goloens nods and enters the room fully and sits cross legged before the pillars **
(9) DM: Again the smile. It's as if he's surveying a piece of meat.
(9) The man: "It has been long."
(9) The woman on the left: "Very long."
(4) Sevis Goloens: "Longer for me then for you I am sure."
(3) Morti: :looks back to the guide and nods, in apparent understanding: "You really need a guide to just walk this far?"
(9) The woman on the right: "Yet they come once again. Ask and be answered."
** (9) The guide shrugs and inhales deeply. **
(3) Morti: "Do you get paid for this?"
(4) Sevis Goloens: "Where can we find the one who's symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents?"
(3) Morti: "Oh.. are we supposed to offer a gratuity, like baggage handlers in upscale inns?"
** (9) The guide says nothing, but stares at Morti, pupils expressionless. After a moment, he shakes his head with a slightly amused expression on his face. **
(9) DM: Three sets of slitted eyes lift from Sevis and study the air above him for a second, then return to face the Averoignian.
(9) The woman on the right: "You must go to the citadel of the Aloeids."
** (9) The guide doesn't seem to hear you but instead focuses on the proceedings inside. **
(4) Sevis Goloens: "Is the power I recently discoved within myself the male half of The One Power, saidin?"
(9) The woman on the left: "It is a power, the power of the self, the power of the twelfth, the power of the One who was lost and is now found."
(3) Morti: :raises a brow and asks the guide: "Do we each get three questions? Or just three questions for all of us?"
(9) The guide: "You receive three questions for each of you, according to the agreement of old. For each who enters, three may be asked but all must be asked at once and a questioner may not enter again."
** (4) Sevis Goloens ponders his next question for a few moments **
(3) Morti: "Oh." :nods and thinks a second: "Can they only be questions about this world and time? Or can the oracle see the future of other worlds?"
(9) The guide: "It is good that you have not faced the oracle yet. The questions may be of any thing your heart desires."
(3) Morti: "Hmm... anything, huh?"
** (3) Morti takes a seat crosslegged on the floor, in contemplation, petting moiraine in his lap. **
** (3) Morti manages silence for all of twenty seconds, before glancing back up to the tall figure to add, "Oh, I'm sorry. I never introduced myself properly. I am Magu Mortimer Boyle. Do you have a name?" **
** (13) Thom looks at those that remained outside. "Three questions each? Maybe I will enter then, if need be." **
(5) Daelan: " That is up to you Thom,just remember nothing is ever given freely,there has to be a price,so far we do not know what the price is."
(4) Sevis Goloens: "I guess I should have asked this before asking my questions, but is there an expected donation for these questions?"
** (13) Thom nods to Daelan. **
(9) The guide: "Names are powerful things." (smiles slightly, not showing teeth)
(5) Daelan: " Well seems the answers are not as cryptic as the others we have recieved in the past Thom."
(13) Thom: "Honestly, that worries me even more."
(3) Morti: "Sorry. I would not dare ask your true name. But doesn't everyone have a family name or a nickname?"
** (9) The man breathes deeply and smiles, without showing teeth. "Your presence is payment enough. Now it is time for you to leave." **
(9) The guide: "You would not be able to pronounce it." (smiles again)
** (2) Arun looks surprised at Morti's title "You're a magus?" **
** (4) Sevis Goloens shugs and stands to leave **
** (3) Morti looks over and nods to Arun, before glancing back to the guide. "If I transform myself I might be able to." **
(9) The man: "Choose one amongst your companions to enter."
(4) Sevis Goloens: "Remember Morti atleast ask about the container."
(3) Morti: "Huh?" :looks into the room toward Sevis: "You better let Arun go first. I'm still trying to think what else to ask."
** (4) Sevis Goloens shrugs and sits down to wait for the next person to enter and ask his questions **
** (2) Arun steps into the room, approaching the three pillars **
(9) The man: "He is another."
(9) The woman on the left: "The savor of him." (sniffs deeply)
(9) The woman on the right: "It has been so very long. Ask and be answered."
** (2) Arun thinks for a moment before asking his first question. "What must I do to be rid of my curse, without causing harm to innocents?" **
** (5) Daelan looks over at Thom," It seems almost as if they are waiting for the right one of us to enter." **
(9) The man: "You must defeat Death in single combat."
(13) Thom: "Maybe. This is definately not what I expected, but so far so good."
** (2) Arun groans, clearly not happy with the answer. **
(2) Arun: "Specifically, what must we do to free the one who's symol is the meeting of wings and serpents from his container?"
(9) The woman on the left: "You must answer a riddle and break a silence."
(5) Daelan: " They smell everyone who enters to ask the questions,something tells me one of us is what they are looking for,and I do not think it will be a good thing when we find out whom it is they are seeking,they keep saying it has been a long time,perhaps they mean since they have eaten Thom."
(13) Thom: "Well, let's be safe. I think we have all that we absolutly need." Thom stands and calls out down to where Morti and Sevis wait ((because, he doesn't know that those inside can't hear him)), and yells, "Morti, Let's go when Arun is done."
(9) DM: They don't seem to hear you.
(2) Arun: "What must I do to challange death to single combat?"
(3) Morti: :looks up to the guard once more: "What if I tried to ask a being's true name.. could the oracle answer?"
** (13) Thom looks at the lack of response, then at Daelan, then back to Morti. "Morti!" **
(9) The woman on the right: "One amongst you shall enter a house of cards. To him much is given. Much is expected in return."
(5) Daelan: " See Thom,told you it was not wise to let all of them to enter,guess we wait until or if they get to leave.''
** (13) Thom begins to respond to Daelan, but stops in mid motion at the woman's response to Arun. **
(9) TaliesinNYC: "Now it is time for you to go. Your companion may enter."
(9) The woman on the right: "Now it is time for you to go. Your companion may enter."
** (2) Arun leaves the room, making a gesture for Morti to enter as he leaves **
(9) The guide: "Perhaps."
** (3) Morti doesn't notice gesturing, as he's staring up at the guide again. **
** (13) Thom stands there, obviously conflicted about what to do next. "Then we wait, and be prepared to enter if we are needed." **
** (13) Thom draws out Ringrist, getting a better feel for the blade's new shape. **
(9) DM: It's not the same sword as before, but a falchata.
(3) Morti: "If he doesn't answer, does it count as a question?"
(9) The guide: "It is your turn if you choose to enter, seeker."
(3) Morti: "Huh?" :finally looks into the room: "Oh. Sorry."
** (3) Morti stands and gives the guide a polite bow before entering the oracle's chamber, kitten in hand. **
** (13) Thom looks at Ringrist and visibly relaxes. "Maybe the strangeness of this place is just affecting me." **
(5) Daelan: " Let us hope we are not needed,for I do not think we will be able to enter with our weapons Thom."
(13) Thom: "Let's hope."
** (2) Arun leans against a wall, near the door, in deep thought **
(9) The man: "It has been long." (breathes deeply)
** (3) Morti comes before the oracle, bowing respectfully, "Thank you, for recieving me." **
(9) The woman on the left: "He has been foretold." (breathes deeply)
(9) The woman on the right: "Ask and be answered, O Seeker." (breathes deeply)
(3) Morti: "Long since what?" :asks before thinking, and quickly slaps hanfd to mouth:
(9) The man: "It has been long since we have had a ta'veren come before us in search of answers."
(3) Morti: "Oh.. I didn't even know I was one."
(3) Morti: "Right .. questions..." :getting back on track: "The container entrapping the god we seek to free, what guards it, in the way of men, monsters, magicks and machinations?"
(9) DM: The woman on the right stares at you for a brief second before answering.
** (4) Sevis Goloens turns to the guide "You seem to be feeding off something you get from us being here, is it our memories?" **
(9) The woman on the right: "Silenus, the Lord of Satyrs follows you from afar that he may seek the thief of Apollo's cattle. Defeat him and his minions and answer a riddle from a sphinx."
** (3) Morti nods. "That sounds fair. Though I feel kind of bad attacking a fat guy unprovoked." **
** (9) The guide smiles slightly without showing any teeth. "Payment is required for your questions to be answered, Seeker. We have set the price. The price has been paid." **
(3) Morti: "Though I really do feel bad for that poor mount."
(3) Morti: "Hmmm..." :me rolls his head back, trying to consider any other quest questions they need answered
** (9) The woman on the left waits as she stares above Morti's head for a moment and then returns to gaze on him. **
(4) Sevis Goloens: "Fair enough, would be nice to know the full terms of the past agreement."
(3) Morti: :smiles: "Could you tell me the answer to the riddle?"
** (5) Daelan looks over at Thom," Morti is an odd one,he asks for answers he knows will not be given,better had he asked how to kill the birds." **
(3) Morti: :watching their silence: "If that is a taboo question, I can ask something else instead."
(13) Thom: "Who is to say the answer could not be given? Maybe it could. As far as the birds - they are birds. We kill them with steel, with bows, and with magic - if need be."
(5) Daelan: " Tis a different time for us Thom,some things may not be killed as easily as they would be in our time."
** (9) The woman on the left smiles slightly, not showing any teeth as she breathes deeply. "At night, when the sun is beneath the feet of every man, whoever he is." **
(3) Morti: "Huh?"
(13) Thom: "Last time I jumped to a new place, things died all the same. Even if they looked different than I was used to."
(3) Morti: "Ummm.. okay. thank you."
(9) The woman on the left: "And now it is time for you to go. You have had your answers, Seeker, and you may not enter again."
(5) Daelan: " You have jumped to other times before this one Thom?"
** (3) Morti sighs.. "I just had to ask something stupid right off." :grumbles as he steps aside: **
** (9) The woman on the left looks out at the door, although it isn't clear she's looking at the guide. Perhaps she's looking at the archway. "If any of your companions desire it, they may enter provided they adhere to the terms of the agreement." **
(13) Thom: "Other times, other places. Ever since I joined this group - well, let's just say things have not been boring."
(3) Morti: "There was an agreement?"
(5) Daelan: " Since my joining I too have not been bored,you Edan seem to have a way of making things happen around you."
** (9) The guide enters the room and escorts Morti out. **
(13) Thom: "Not everyone does. But when i group such as this one gets involved in a prophesy, much less three or four, things happen.
** (3) Morti follows the guide asking, "By the way, where are we? This is some kind of alternate space, right?" **
(9) The guide: "This is not here, nor there."
(3) Morti: "So.. we're nowhere?"
** (9) The guide leads you through another doorway and out of the archway. **
** (4) Sevis Goloens exits back to Their waiting companions "Thom, would you be willing to go ask some questions? Morti gave me an Idea for another question right before he entered to ask his questions." **
** (13) Thom watches the procession closely, making sure nothing happens to them. **
(5) Daelan: " Yes the prophecies,the gods like picking on you Edan for their own amusement,all I am after is the slaying of Shaitan nothing more."
(3) Morti: :grins: "Hey, where's the middle of this place? I've always wanted to say I was in the middle of nowhere and mean it."
(13) Thom: "Sure, I could do so. What do you want to know?"
** (2) Arun steps out of the archway, with the same far-away look in his eyes **
(9) The guide: "The oracle." (to Morti)
(4) Sevis Goloens: "I want to know the True Name of the Drake that owes me a favor"
(3) Morti: "Oh.. so I've already been to the middle of nowhere and passed up my chance to say it. Now I'm even more depressed."
(3) Morti: "Think they'd let me back in just to say that?"
** (13) Thom makes sure to return Morti's and Arun's gear to them. After which, he removes his belt, holding his two weapons, and his cloak with its pockets holding his picks and such. he hands everything over to Sevis, "Sure." He pats himself down once more, making sure he didn't miss anything, before bending down to retieve a pair of daggers from his boots. "Just watch my items, ok?" **
(9) The guide: "There may yet be a time but the time is not now."
(3) Morti: "Che.. stingy."
(5) Daelan: " Knowledge such as that is not easily come by Sevis,for to know the true name of anything is to truly rule over it and control it,one must use caution when speaking the true name."
(13) Thom: "Any other requests before I enter, since apparently you can;t hear things out here once you do?"
** (4) Sevis Goloens nods **
** (3) Morti is silent for a moment more, before looking again to the guide to ask, "What do you all have against music?" **
** (9) The guide says nothing in response, instead waiting. **
** (13) Thom steps forward to the guide. "I wish to enter, and carry nothing your agreement prohibits." **
(3) Morti: "I mean, iron and fire I understand, as they can be wielded as weapons and places like this are often sacred and peaceful. But... music?"
(5) Daelan: " Songs can be a powerful weapon if used by the right person Morti."
(9) The guide: "As the agreement of old. Come. Follow."
(5) Daelan: " Same can be said of musical instruments."
** (13) Thom follows. **
(3) Morti: "Hmm.. I guess in the hands of bardic caster, yes... but they let me in with all my spell components withuot hesitating."
(5) Daelan: " Perhaps they have protections from the normal spells,songs,music,iron and fire are things that are hard to protect oneself from Morti."
** (9) The man looks up as Thom enters the chamber and breathes deeply. "The one we have been waiting for has come." **
(9) The woman on the left: "The strain. The strain." (breathes deeply)
(2) Arun: "If they can see the future, wouldn't they just deny access to anyone who means them harm?"
(13) Thom: "Yeah yeah, I'm here."
(9) The woman on the right: "There is still time. Ask and be answered." (breathes deeply)
(13) Thom: First, what is the True Name of the drake that had freely professed that it owes my companion Sevis a favor?
(9) DM: A bell peals in the distance, and the chamber rocks as if in response.
(3) Morti: "They've been waiting here for Thom?" :looks to the others: "I wonder how long they've waited."
** (13) Thom looks around, "Great, now..." but Thom stops himself mid comment. **
(5) Daelan: " I knew it was not a good idea for him to enter."
(9) The man: "Niox, the scion of the House of Xerxastronos, whose name in the tongue of humans is 'Ebony, the Night Mother'."
(9) DM: The bell tolls louder again, this time. A tremor passes beneath your feet as the three share a look that borders on the anxious.
** (13) Thom nods, and after a glance to make sure the place is not falling down around him, he continues. "Second, when we my companions and I be forced to face Claude d'Amberville again?" **
(9) The man: "The strain. The strain."
(9) The woman on the left: "The savor of him. It has been long."
(9) The woman on the right: "Ask. Ask."
(16) Atross: "I'm surprised they know something like that. It's so far from this world."
(9) The woman on the left: "In the
Tower of Inverness, in a place governed by the game of kings."
(9) The man: "The strain is too great. Ask. Ask!"
(13) Thom: "Third, when one enters the portal in the temple in the cioty of Highkeep, on the world of Andurin, in order to close it from the other side - is there anyway to return that person to their companions?"
(9) DM: The bell tolls loudly again as the chamber begins trembling, as if threatening to break apart.
(5) Daelan: " Now the answers become more and more cryptic."
** (13) Thom prepares himself to run out, once he gets his answer. **
(9) The man: "A sacrifice must be made for the good of the future! He who controls the future conquers the past! He who commands the past rebirths the future!"
(9) The woman on the left: "You have had your answers, trickster and now you must go!"
(13) Thom: "I figured as much. Thanks, take care - this palce seems awfully shaky." he says as he stands and heads out.
** (13) Thom shrugs and leaves. **
(9) The woman on the right: "Go to the city of the Tower, gambler! Seize your destiny at the hands of the Sisters! Defeat the Tempest and bring peace where there is none! Go! Go! Go!"
** (13) Thom glances back at the woman on the right, a hard look on his face, but she knows it is not directed at her, per se. **
(9) DM: The chamber floor heaves in response as the bell in the distance peals loudly. There is a flash of white light and Thom is hurled straight out of the archway.
(5) Daelan: " It seemed they did not like Thom all that much,I would hate to see how they would react to one such as myself,though I have no intention of entering,that would mean leaving my bow in the hands of an Edan and that is not possible."
** (13) Thom rolls as he lands. "Well, that was different." **
(5) Daelan: " I do not think they liked you Thom."
(16) Atross: "Or they liked you too much."
(9) DM: The archway is still and of the guide, there is no sign.
(13) Thom: "All I know is that we got some answers, none of us here hurt, although they didn't like my questions apparently."
** (13) Thom collects his items from Sevis and regears himself. "You got your name Sevis, right? for I do not wish to repeat it." **
(3) Morti: "At least yours were smart questions.
(5) Daelan: " Or perhaps it was the fact that you have been around a Quessir and it has altered you in some way Thom."
(4) Sevis Goloens: "Yes, thank you."
(13) Thom: "I had the entire time you all were in there to decide a couple to ask. Although the last one was a waste - I already figured the answer, but I wanted to know for sure."
(4) Sevis Goloens: "And she said I would not beable to pronounce her True Name when I asked her." ** shakes his head **
(5) Daelan: " One thing puzzles me Thom,why did they call you trickster?"
(13) Thom: "Well, now we know. AND... we know when we will face Claude. Ringrist and I can't wait for that moment."
(13) Thom: "Because I used a question to ask a true name I guess."
(13) Thom: "Oh, and sorry Morti - I was going to wave at you from the middle of nowhere, but I couldn't wait to get out of there the way it was shaking."
(3) Morti: :shrugs: "That's alright. I understand."
** (5) Daelan gives Thom a sideways glance," If that is your answer,then I shall accept it for now Thom." **
(4) Sevis Goloens: "Well lets head to the citadel of the Aloeid, where ever that is."
** (13) Thom glances questioningly at Daelan. "What else could it be?" **
** (5) Daelan gives the sky a quick glance as he once more begins to head off in an Easterly direction,moving at a nice steady jog. **
** (16) Atross follows the path Daelan sets. **
(16) Atross: "We can still make good progress today."
** (2) Arun sets off after Daelan, keeping pace a short distance behind him. **
** (3) Morti recollects his belongings, sighing woefully, "I never even got an answer about the music." **
** (13) Thom glances back at the archway for a moment, mutters "Tempest", and spits. he then moves with the rest of the group on along the path. **
(9) DM: There are black shapes in the sky, near the horizon. They're flying.
(9) DM: (from the southwest heading in your direction)
(4) Sevis Goloens: "The birds?" ** points **
(3) Morti: "Think they've spotted us?"
** (5) Daelan comes to a halt,his eyes scanning the sky," There are about 30 of them." **
** (3) Morti asks as he looks up at the birds on the horizon. **
(13) Thom: "Most likely. Keep an eye on them, so they cannot surprise us. Morti, Daelan, Atross - you think you three can scare them away when they approach?"
(2) Arun: "We'll find out soon enough. Looks like they're getting closer."
(3) Morti: :shrugs: "I don't know. What scares an angry brass winged carrnivorous bird monster?"
** (16) Atross readies his bow, the magical flames cloaking it, in preparation. **
(5) Daelan: " They will swarm us as most flocks of birds do,only the loss of most of them will cause them to move off Thom."
(4) Sevis Goloens: "Fire hot enough to melt brass?"
(13) Thom: "Magic spells being flung at it?"
(16) Atross: "Pain and fire work on most things."
(3) Morti: "Fire I can do.. not sure about the melting though."
(13) Thom: "Then Daelan, consider this a perfect time to show us just how good you are with that bow of yours."
** (5) Daelan stops as he watches the birds approach,his left hand resting on top of his quiver. **
(3) Morti: (how many birds? and how big are they?)
** (13) Thom scans the other directions, making sure there are not more from another direction. **
(5) Daelan: " You have seen my bow in action in the past Thom,there is no reason to goad me into battle now is there?"
(9) DM: There seem to be at least 40 of them -- copper winged birds with beaks and claws of bronze, with raucous cries as they spot you in the open. And they stink to high heaven!
(9) DM: It's quite pronounced even at the distance when they close in.
(13) Thom: "Reason - no, but I am glad to see that you are picking up on Edan speech nuances."
** (2) Arun takes out his bow, and prepares to fire as soon as they get into range **
** (13) Thom draws out Ringrist, awaiting the birds. **
(9) DM: it glows
** (16) Atross takes aim at the leading bird. **
(5) Daelan: " When we do attack,best to attack the middle of the flock."
(9) DM: ((someone make a note: all attacks against them have a -2 to hit, saves and AC due to the overwhelming stench))
** (3) Morti goes digging through his pockets a moment, before picking something out with a smile, a small green scale. **
(9) DM: ((also each round, a Fort save must be made or suffer the effects of nausea, at 1 hp loss/round))

[Sat Mar 17 22:06:10 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (from last session)
[Sat Mar 17 22:06:17 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (I hope someone made notes lol)
[Sat Mar 17 22:06:22 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (and use those inits
[Sat Mar 17 22:07:32 2007] : (282) Thom: (( we rolled inits? ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:08:40 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: Daelan (22), Thom(16), Sevis (12), Atross(6), Tektite(2), Arun(9), Morti(19)
[Sat Mar 17 22:08:48 2007] : (282) Thom: (( guess so... ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:09:04 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (did I roll init for moiraine?)
[Sat Mar 17 22:09:20 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (( ya, 13 ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:10:36 2007] : (283) DM: (well if someone wants to run Daelan, you're more than welcome to)
[Sat Mar 17 22:10:47 2007] : (283) DM: (let me know otherwise the big D isn't here)
[Sat Mar 17 22:11:20 2007] : (282) Thom: (( you got numbers for him? ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:11:28 2007] : (283) DM: I have his node
[Sat Mar 17 22:11:46 2007] : (282) Thom: (( sure - I'll do it, I think we might need the extra firepower. ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:11:53 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8 ] => [1,8] = (9)
[Sat Mar 17 22:12:52 2007] : (283) DM: So you're in the clearing outside the twisted red archway, and the flock of birds is still some distance away although rapidly approaching the mountainside.
[Sat Mar 17 22:13:28 2007] : (283) DM: (I just loaded the minis in advance. They're about 150' away, approaching from the southeast.)
[Sat Mar 17 22:13:45 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens looks around for a good defencive position **
[Sat Mar 17 22:13:53 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (so, we have about another round before they reach us?))
[Sat Mar 17 22:14:49 2007] : ** (282) Daelan judges the distance and takes a shot at the first group (take -2 to hit for past range) **
[Sat Mar 17 22:14:52 2007] : (276) Atross: ((How large is this clearing anyway?))
[Sat Mar 17 22:15:04 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [8,18] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [3,3,4,0] = (10)
[Sat Mar 17 22:15:05 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [9,18] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [5,3,2,0] = (10)
[Sat Mar 17 22:15:05 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [16,18] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [8,3,3,0] = (14)
[Sat Mar 17 22:15:29 2007] : (282) Daelan: (( sorry, I thought I knew how to use his... guess not... ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:16:07 2007] : (282) Daelan: (( 24 to hit - use first attack ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:16:47 2007] : (283) DM: ((70' or so))
[Sat Mar 17 22:16:55 2007] : (283) DM: ((before the treeline takes over))
[Sat Mar 17 22:17:13 2007] : (282) Daelan: (( does that one seem to hit? ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:17:26 2007] : (283) DM: (yes, another round before the flock is in roughly melee range)
[Sat Mar 17 22:17:39 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens makes his way to the tree line **
[Sat Mar 17 22:17:40 2007] : ** (276) Atross opens fire as the leading avians come into his range, making a strong display of force to begin with. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:17:45 2007] : (276) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1 ] => [14,10,5,2,2,1] = (34)Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1 ] => [8,10,5,2,2,1] = (28)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1 ] => [5,5,5,2,2,1] = (20)
[Sat Mar 17 22:18:06 2007] : (283) DM: (second and third hits)
[Sat Mar 17 22:18:09 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Make for the tree line, it will provide better cover for us"
[Sat Mar 17 22:18:32 2007] : ** (282) Thom follows Sevis. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:18:37 2007] : (276) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1 ] => [6,3,2,2,1] = (14) Fire Damage: [1d6 ] => [2] = (2)
[Sat Mar 17 22:18:42 2007] : (276) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1 ] => [4,3,2,2,1] = (12) Fire Damage: [1d6 ] => [6] = (6)
[Sat Mar 17 22:19:27 2007] : (283) DM: A few bodies fall to the ground but the size of the flock seems to not be greatly lessened.
[Sat Mar 17 22:19:56 2007] : (283) DM: (I thought Atross went on 6?)
[Sat Mar 17 22:19:58 2007] : ** (282) Daelan backs up as well, keeping his bow trained on the birds, as he stops - he fires off another full set. ((Finally figured out he does have three attacks...)) **
[Sat Mar 17 22:20:31 2007] : (283) DM: (19, Mort)
[Sat Mar 17 22:20:56 2007] : (282) Thom: (( I didn't realize we were really in init mode yet either... oh well. :) ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:21:04 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Mar 17 22:21:04 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): If you want someone to go, well yeah, that.
[Sat Mar 17 22:22:10 2007] : ** (279) Lunauc takes a moment to hold the green scale between his fingers, as the birds rush forth. With a muttering of arcane words, the scale begins to glow. As his incantation ends, he places the scale into his mouth, (Dragon Breath). He then begins to follow after the others, his short legs ensuring him in the back of the group. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:22:33 2007] : (283) DM: (ok...so remind me again what that does? you can whisper it to me)
[Sat Mar 17 22:22:58 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Mar 17 22:22:58 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): got something fun planned for Moiraine's first battle debut. Know how familiars can share spells with their masters? ^_^
[Sat Mar 17 22:23:08 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sat Mar 17 22:23:11 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok....
[Sat Mar 17 22:23:52 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): basically the spell gives you a breath weapon, usable once every 1d4 rounds for 1 rd/lvl. In this case, a green dragon type 15 ft cone of acid.
[Sat Mar 17 22:24:28 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I see
[Sat Mar 17 22:24:36 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): save negates or half or...?
[Sat Mar 17 22:24:38 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): and, since moiraine is within 5' of me, she gets the effect as well. ^_^
[Sat Mar 17 22:24:41 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nice
[Sat Mar 17 22:24:58 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and range?
[Sat Mar 17 22:25:17 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): half for reflex dc 15
[Sat Mar 17 22:25:19 2007] : (283) DM: (whispering to Mort in case you're wondering what the slowdown is)
[Sat Mar 17 22:25:21 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): er.. dc 17
[Sat Mar 17 22:25:24 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Mar 17 22:25:40 2007] : (283) DM: (16, T)
[Sat Mar 17 22:26:14 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): range is 15', hence why he's staying to the back of the group as they rush out of clearing, making himself a prime target for them to close in on. ; P
[Sat Mar 17 22:26:29 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Mar 17 22:27:06 2007] : ** (282) Thom moves back with Sevis, and draws out Ringrist. "Sooner they die, the sooner we get away from this stench." He holds a defensive position for now, making sure the casters and archers get behind him and Sevis. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:27:38 2007] : (282) Thom: (( done ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:27:39 2007] : (283) DM: (12, S)
[Sat Mar 17 22:28:04 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): not sure if acid is extra effective to these guys, but I recall something about them being brass or bronze, so I figured I'd try it.
[Sat Mar 17 22:28:07 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens takesup a defencive position in the trees **
[Sat Mar 17 22:28:19 2007] : (283) DM: (btw, I need to talk to you about our recruiting process so maybe if people are still awake after the session we can have that discussion)
[Sat Mar 17 22:28:41 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they have brass beaks and tipped wings/claws
[Sat Mar 17 22:28:50 2007] : (282) Thom: (( k ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:28:51 2007] : (283) DM: (A, 6)
[Sat Mar 17 22:29:11 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Finishing that round of attack...
[Sat Mar 17 22:29:28 2007] : ** (276) Atross considers the potential demoralizing effect of his paltry attack compared to the sheer weight of the flock pressing down towards them before retreating to the somewhat more advantageous cover of the treeline. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:29:58 2007] : (283) DM: (2, Tek)
[Sat Mar 17 22:30:04 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): good, hopefully I'll melt their wing tips and make em crash. ; P
[Sat Mar 17 22:30:11 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): when does Moiraine go?
[Sat Mar 17 22:30:40 2007] : ** (269) Tektite melts into the ground near Sevis **
[Sat Mar 17 22:30:47 2007] : (279) Lunauc: (whispering): 13, she'll ready a breath for when the flock closes in.
[Sat Mar 17 22:31:31 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Mar 17 22:31:53 2007] : (283) DM: (second round of attacks before the birds close in)
[Sat Mar 17 22:31:58 2007] : (283) DM: (22, Dael)
[Sat Mar 17 22:32:06 2007] : ** (282) Daelan keeps his bow trained on the birds, as he stops - he fires off another full set. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:32:12 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [9,18] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [3,3,6,0] = (12)
[Sat Mar 17 22:32:12 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [19,18] = (37) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [7,3,3,0] = (13)
[Sat Mar 17 22:32:13 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [1,18] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [4,3,1,0] = (8)
[Sat Mar 17 22:32:26 2007] : (282) Daelan: Bow Crit check: Crit Check: [1d20+18 ] => [12,18] = (30) ===> Critical Damage: [3d8+9+2d10 ] => [4,6,2,9,9,1] = (31)
[Sat Mar 17 22:32:52 2007] : (283) DM: A portion of the flock drops to the ground.
[Sat Mar 17 22:33:00 2007] : (282) Daelan: (( 25, 28(crit), and 17 w/ stench effect ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:33:17 2007] : (283) DM: (19, Mort)
[Sat Mar 17 22:33:52 2007] : (279) Morti: (how far away are they?)
[Sat Mar 17 22:34:38 2007] : (283) DM: (100' roughly)
[Sat Mar 17 22:36:01 2007] : (279) Morti: (the birds fast enough to clear that this round?)
[Sat Mar 17 22:36:45 2007] : (283) DM: (possibly 110'. the flock is loosely spread out)
[Sat Mar 17 22:37:02 2007] : ** (279) Morti stays to the back of the group, as the others make their way out of clearing, apparently leaving himself wide open as the birds close in(ready action) **
[Sat Mar 17 22:37:17 2007] : (283) DM: (16, Th)
[Sat Mar 17 22:38:28 2007] : ** (282) Thom keeps an eye on the approaching flocks. "Come on... let's do this." ((Keeping a defensive stance, done)) **
[Sat Mar 17 22:38:48 2007] : (283) DM: (13, Moir)
[Sat Mar 17 22:39:37 2007] : (279) Morti: :Moiraine rides on her master's shoulder, for a change, apparently awaiting something(ready action)
[Sat Mar 17 22:39:49 2007] : (283) DM: (12, S)
[Sat Mar 17 22:40:03 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens stays in defences stance waiting for the birds to land **
[Sat Mar 17 22:40:52 2007] : (283) DM: (6, A)
[Sat Mar 17 22:40:59 2007] : ** (276) Atross turns to fire once again about halfway between Morti and the defensive pair of Sevis and Thom. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:41:10 2007] : (276) Atross: Standard Attack: One Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1 ] => [6,10,5,2,2,1] = (26)
[Sat Mar 17 22:41:27 2007] : (279) Morti: ((oh yeah... forgot to move my mini... just where is the treeline everyone was headed for?))
[Sat Mar 17 22:41:43 2007] : (282) Daelan: (( behind us ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:41:57 2007] : (276) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1 ] => [5,3,2,2,1] = (13) Fire Damage: [1d6 ] => [3] = (3)
[Sat Mar 17 22:42:04 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): In case that hits
[Sat Mar 17 22:42:40 2007] : (276) Atross: "There's still a lot left, so I hope you're planning something good."
[Sat Mar 17 22:43:08 2007] : (283) DM: ((26 misses))
[Sat Mar 17 22:43:13 2007] : (282) Thom: "Just to make them run out first."
[Sat Mar 17 22:43:14 2007] : (283) DM: (2, Tek)
[Sat Mar 17 22:43:40 2007] : (283) DM: (have to stir the potatoes...brb)
[Sat Mar 17 22:43:41 2007] : ** (269) Tektite stays hidden **
[Sat Mar 17 22:45:40 2007] : (283) DM: (round 3)
[Sat Mar 17 22:45:45 2007] : (283) DM: (22, Dael)
[Sat Mar 17 22:46:21 2007] : ** (282) Daelan turns slightly to the two groups approaching him, and fires on the outtermost group (group 1). **
[Sat Mar 17 22:46:23 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [1,18] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [6,3,2,0] = (11)
[Sat Mar 17 22:46:24 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [10,18] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [7,3,4,0] = (14)
[Sat Mar 17 22:46:24 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [15,18] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [1,3,2,0] = (6)
[Sat Mar 17 22:47:04 2007] : (283) DM: Quite a few corpses fall to the ground, yet the flock does not seem lessened greatly.
[Sat Mar 17 22:47:11 2007] : (283) DM: (19, Mort)
[Sat Mar 17 22:47:55 2007] : (279) Morti: (continue ready action. too bad, I would have casted mage armor if I knew I had another round. Sigh)
[Sat Mar 17 22:48:04 2007] : ** (279) Morti tries to look like appealing bait. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:48:55 2007] : (283) DM: (16, T)
[Sat Mar 17 22:49:44 2007] : ** (282) Thom glances the young mage in front of him and Sevis, "Morti, I hope you know what you're doing all alone up there," but his voice shows the unsureness. **
[Sat Mar 17 22:50:26 2007] : (279) Morti: "Yeah.. me too." :offers as his hand slowly drifts up to his mask.:
[Sat Mar 17 22:50:29 2007] : (283) DM: (13, Moir)
[Sat Mar 17 22:50:31 2007] : ** (282) Thom waits nonetheless for the birds to arrive. ((Is Ringrist glowing at all?)) **
[Sat Mar 17 22:50:36 2007] : (283) DM: ((yes))
[Sat Mar 17 22:50:42 2007] : (279) Morti: (continue ready action!)
[Sat Mar 17 22:50:46 2007] : (283) DM: (12, S)
[Sat Mar 17 22:51:51 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens remains waiting for the birds **
[Sat Mar 17 22:52:03 2007] : (283) DM: (the birds)
[Sat Mar 17 22:52:59 2007] : (283) DM: A portion of the flock passes overhead, as if trying to make out whether it would be worth diving to the treeline. Some however, seeing Morti in the open, break from their fellows.
[Sat Mar 17 22:53:56 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13 ] => [1,13] = (14),[1d20+13 ] => [20,13] = (33)
[Sat Mar 17 22:54:17 2007] : (283) DM: (auto miss, auto hit (threat))
[Sat Mar 17 22:54:23 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13 ] => [19,13] = (32)
[Sat Mar 17 22:54:45 2007] : ** (279) Morti waits until a group of the birds have gathered around him, before he pulls down his mask, revealing green scaled skin surrounding his mouth and down his throat. Moiraine also raises her head, both master and familiar breathe in, and take their aim. In a massive spray the duo shoot out cones of acidic spray. Acid Breath: [8d8 ] => [6,8,2,8,5,4,1,7] = (41) **
[Sat Mar 17 22:54:52 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d10 ] => [3,7] = (10)
[Sat Mar 17 22:54:56 2007] : (283) DM: (critical)
[Sat Mar 17 22:55:29 2007] : (279) Morti: (should be able to catch 2 and 4, not sure about 5... how large are the squares?)
[Sat Mar 17 22:55:45 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): The deady acid hairball
[Sat Mar 17 22:56:02 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (( each Mini is 5 birds ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:56:23 2007] : (283) DM: Several of the marsh birds extend their talons, rip and rend the hapless sorcerer (38 damage).
[Sat Mar 17 22:56:49 2007] : (283) DM: (Each square is roughly 23'.)
[Sat Mar 17 22:57:08 2007] : (279) Morti: (huh? I don't get my ready fire off before they close in to attack?)
[Sat Mar 17 22:57:29 2007] : (283) DM: (it depends on your Dex, what's your Dex?)
[Sat Mar 17 22:57:58 2007] : (279) Morti: (15, but it's a ready action)
[Sat Mar 17 22:58:17 2007] : (283) DM: (use it then)
[Sat Mar 17 22:58:21 2007] : (276) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): It doesn't depend on dex for order, but it does look more cinematic if a few get by.
[Sat Mar 17 22:58:45 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4 ] => [8,4] = (12)
[Sat Mar 17 22:58:57 2007] : (282) Thom: (( he did... ))
[Sat Mar 17 22:59:12 2007] : (279) Morti: (already rolled it, 41 acid dmg, reflex 17 for half)
[Sat Mar 17 22:59:27 2007] : (276) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): And I'm not just saying that so I can pick off the survivors.
[Sat Mar 17 22:59:30 2007] : (283) DM: (well if he used it, he still managed to get his attack off but the birds go at a certain point so I fail to see what the problem is)
[Sat Mar 17 23:00:12 2007] : (283) DM: (each Bird actually has 2 attacks, I rolled for the batch that got through.)
[Sat Mar 17 23:00:21 2007] : (283) DM: (if none died, then you'd have 4 attacks.)
[Sat Mar 17 23:00:31 2007] : (282) Thom: (( ok - that makes sense then. ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:00:36 2007] : (279) Morti: (The point of making it a ready action was so he was ready to blast them as they closed in, stopping their attack. At least.. that was the plan...)
[Sat Mar 17 23:01:11 2007] : (283) DM: (As I said, you got your attack off and caused some damage but they also got through.)
[Sat Mar 17 23:01:24 2007] : (279) Morti: (hai hai)
[Sat Mar 17 23:01:53 2007] : (283) DM: (is Moir going to go?)
[Sat Mar 17 23:02:11 2007] : (279) Morti: (she did, they dual blasted, both had ready actions)
[Sat Mar 17 23:02:14 2007] : (283) DM: (k)
[Sat Mar 17 23:02:21 2007] : (283) DM: (6, A)
[Sat Mar 17 23:02:26 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Moiraine's turn was included in the text. Thus the deadly acid hairball.
[Sat Mar 17 23:02:55 2007] : (283) DM: (there's 1 Bird left in group 4, fyi)
[Sat Mar 17 23:03:09 2007] : ** (276) Atross takes aim at the survivors of Morti's daring gambit surrounding the wounded wizard. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:03:23 2007] : (276) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-2 ] => [8,10,5,2,2,1,-2] = (26)Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-2 ] => [13,10,5,2,2,1,-2] = (31)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1-2 ] => [17,5,5,2,2,1,-2] = (30)
[Sat Mar 17 23:03:37 2007] : (276) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1 ] => [1,3,2,2,1] = (9) Fire Damage: [1d6 ] => [1] = (1)
[Sat Mar 17 23:03:38 2007] : (283) DM: (dead)
[Sat Mar 17 23:03:39 2007] : (276) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1 ] => [10,3,2,2,1] = (18) Fire Damage: [1d6 ] => [6] = (6)
[Sat Mar 17 23:03:45 2007] : (283) DM: (2, Tek)
[Sat Mar 17 23:03:56 2007] : ** (269) Tektite stays hidden **
[Sat Mar 17 23:04:01 2007] : (283) DM: (22, Dael)
[Sat Mar 17 23:04:30 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (( are there any more on the ground? ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:04:38 2007] : ** (282) Daelan sees the mass of birds on the other side and turns to them, firing off another set off arrows. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:04:40 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [17,18] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [2,3,5,0] = (10)
[Sat Mar 17 23:04:41 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [3,18] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [8,3,1,0] = (12)
[Sat Mar 17 23:04:41 2007] : (282) Daelan: ( Crit hit 17-20) Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18 ] => [4,18] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0 ] => [2,3,4,0] = (9)
[Sat Mar 17 23:04:46 2007] : (282) Daelan: Bow Crit check: Crit Check: [1d20+18 ] => [2,18] = (20) ===> Critical Damage: [3d8+9+2d10 ] => [2,5,1,9,9,3] = (29)
[Sat Mar 17 23:05:56 2007] : (283) DM: (which group?)
[Sat Mar 17 23:06:01 2007] : (282) Daelan: (( firing at groups 5-8 ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:06:07 2007] : (282) Daelan: (( pick one ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:06:30 2007] : (283) DM: (clarification on the bow: is it an AOE roll or a targeted roll?)
[Sat Mar 17 23:06:44 2007] : (283) DM: (never mind)
[Sat Mar 17 23:07:09 2007] : (286) FifthWheel (enter): 23:07
[Sat Mar 17 23:07:38 2007] : (283) DM: (19, Mort)
[Sat Mar 17 23:07:51 2007] : (279) Morti: (almost forgot: [1d4 ] => [3] = (3) rounds until Morti can fire again, and [1d4 ] => [1] = (1) rounds until moiraine can fire again)
[Sat Mar 17 23:07:54 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Duck hunt!
[Sat Mar 17 23:07:56 2007] : (283) DM: (k)
[Sat Mar 17 23:08:07 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sat Mar 17 23:08:29 2007] : (283) DM: (brb 3 min)
[Sat Mar 17 23:08:45 2007] : (279) Morti: (question... if the squares are 23' and the birds are flying spaced out, how many could I concievably hit with a lightning bolt through the center of the flocks?)
[Sat Mar 17 23:10:12 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I would say four to eight.
[Sat Mar 17 23:11:57 2007] : (283) DM: (could probably get 2 or 3 groups depending on how you aim it)
[Sat Mar 17 23:12:23 2007] : (283) DM: (see Donovan's response in group chat)
[Sat Mar 17 23:12:44 2007] : (283) DM: (if no action, moving to Thom)
[Sat Mar 17 23:12:54 2007] : (279) Morti: (he says 4-8 birds.. not really worth it)
[Sat Mar 17 23:13:46 2007] : ** (279) Morti falls back to the safety of the treeline, pulling a cured piece of leather along the way, as he works a quick incantation(mage armor) **
[Sat Mar 17 23:13:51 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): It's difficult to say exactly on a 2-D map, but consider that a full bird symbol represents five birds flying over a square of four 5-foot squares. Thus it is reminded that they are potentially varying in altitude as they descend. Of course, a fireball would be able to wipe out two or three whole bird symbols in a cluster like that.
[Sat Mar 17 23:13:54 2007] : (283) DM: (k)
[Sat Mar 17 23:13:54 2007] : (286) FifthWheel (exit): 23:13
[Sat Mar 17 23:14:43 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): But you don't really need to know that it was fireball this time, when it was lightning bolt last time in the ruins' basements.
[Sat Mar 17 23:15:30 2007] : (282) Thom: (( are the birds in group #1 low enough for me to reach? ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:16:06 2007] : (283) DM: ((yes))
[Sat Mar 17 23:16:59 2007] : ** (282) Thom spins in attacks on the birds next to him, slashing out with a glowing Ringrist. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:17:11 2007] : (282) Thom: Ringrist full attack (w/ stench):
1st attack: [1d20+15-2 ] => [1,15,-2] = (14) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5 ] => [1,5] = (6)
2nd attack: [1d20+10-2 ] => [13,10,-2] = (21) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5 ] => [6,5] = (11)

[Sat Mar 17 23:18:07 2007] : (283) DM: ((oh you meant with a melee weapon. no, not that low))
[Sat Mar 17 23:18:27 2007] : (282) Thom: (( ah, ok. then... ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:18:41 2007] : (283) DM: (nix that. that didn't happen.)
[Sat Mar 17 23:18:45 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Clearly Stan thought you were gonna throw Tektite at them too.
[Sat Mar 17 23:19:04 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Mar 17 23:19:05 2007] : ** (282) Thom looks up at the birds near him. "Come on you smelly foul beasts, show me what you got!" (Keeps defensive stance) **
[Sat Mar 17 23:19:06 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((Change of plans, he's onto us.)) =D
[Sat Mar 17 23:19:21 2007] : (283) DM: ((13, Moir))
[Sat Mar 17 23:19:47 2007] : (279) Morti: (refocus this round for init 22!)
[Sat Mar 17 23:19:51 2007] : (283) DM: ((12, S))
[Sat Mar 17 23:20:16 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (( are there any more on the ground? ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:20:32 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Refocus, the feelgood action that could have been better spent just doing something you're going to do later. Unless you're a cat with an acid hairball attack that needs to recharge, that is.
[Sat Mar 17 23:20:33 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens keeps an eye on the birds still in the air **
[Sat Mar 17 23:21:17 2007] : (283) DM: ((corpses you mean? yes. active? no.))
[Sat Mar 17 23:21:21 2007] : (283) DM: ((the birds))
[Sat Mar 17 23:21:46 2007] : (283) DM: Seeing that their numbers are somewhat reduced, the flock decides to move elsewhere in search of easier pickings. ((AOO))
[Sat Mar 17 23:23:10 2007] : (282) Thom: (( kinda moot since AOOs are for melee weapons... :) None here. ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:23:19 2007] : ** (279) Morti breathes out a sigh of relief as the brids high tail it. "Well... that wasn't so bad." Offers with a green scaled smile as he holds a wound in his side. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:23:24 2007] : ** (276) Atross keeps an eye to the surrounding skies as the bronze birds flee by flight. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:23:43 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens stomps on the ground **
[Sat Mar 17 23:23:44 2007] : ** (269) Tektite comes back out of the ground **
[Sat Mar 17 23:23:49 2007] : ** (282) Daelan keeps his bow trained on the birds as well, making sure they don't return **
[Sat Mar 17 23:24:20 2007] : (283) DM: ((thanks for being my rules lawyers, lol))
[Sat Mar 17 23:24:23 2007] : ** (282) Thom moves over to Morti, "Very impressive Morti, but you do know that you are insane, yes?" **
[Sat Mar 17 23:24:38 2007] : (276) Atross: "Those chickens aren't worth more arrows than I've already given them."
[Sat Mar 17 23:24:47 2007] : (279) Morti: :grins to Thom: "Yeah... I kinda get that now."
[Sat Mar 17 23:25:00 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): It's cool - you always admit that combat is your weak point, we got it all covered. :)
[Sat Mar 17 23:25:37 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): These are trying times, but if we work together, we can pull through. I know we can. (Gives a moving rallying speech to bolster everyone's spirits) Diplomacy [1d20+1 ] => [10,1] = (11) (but fails)
[Sat Mar 17 23:26:29 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens clears his nose then moves on in the direction they were headed **
[Sat Mar 17 23:26:40 2007] : ** (279) Morti picks Moiraine off his shoulder, holding the cat up high, "And you did great for your first battle!" **
[Sat Mar 17 23:27:11 2007] : ** (282) Thom smiles at Morti, and shakes his head slightly. "Well, let me have a look at that." Thom approaches the mage and looks over the wound, muttering some arcane mutterings as a light glow moves from his hand over to Morti. ((CLW - [1d8+1 ] => [4,1] = (5) )) **
[Sat Mar 17 23:28:00 2007] : (279) Morti: :he cradles the cat, petting her affectionadely as he shows Thom his wound. "Ah... well, that stops the bleeding anyway. Thanks, Thom."
[Sat Mar 17 23:28:08 2007] : (283) DM: They're definitely not like any bird you've ever seen.
[Sat Mar 17 23:28:21 2007] : (283) DM: Their beaks and talons are tipped with bronze, as are their wings.
[Sat Mar 17 23:28:33 2007] : ** (282) Thom shrugs it off. "Just don't make a habit of doing that, ok?" **
[Sat Mar 17 23:28:49 2007] : ** (276) Atross keeps his bow ready as they move on. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:29:11 2007] : (279) Morti: :nods: "I still lack expeiernce in combat to do these things properly. The War Father would be ashamed."
[Sat Mar 17 23:29:50 2007] : (279) Morti: :glances toward the dead birds then, going from serious to curious in 0.1 seconds: "I wonder what they taste like?"
[Sat Mar 17 23:29:55 2007] : (276) Atross: "You certainly seemed to impress those birds."
[Sat Mar 17 23:29:59 2007] : ** (282) Thom points out the birds that were downed with his acid. "I'd say you did well. You got more than I did at least." Thom also sheathes Ringrist. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:30:48 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Mar 17 23:30:48 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): would Sevis, being from France, think that The War Father is Odin?
[Sat Mar 17 23:30:53 2007] : (282) Thom: "But I think Sevis has it - let's go before they decide to return and try again."
[Sat Mar 17 23:31:00 2007] : (279) Morti: "Shall we drag a couple with us for dinner?"
[Sat Mar 17 23:31:32 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): probably
[Sat Mar 17 23:31:35 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "I am not eating something that smells that bad
[Sat Mar 17 23:31:46 2007] : (276) Atross: "I can honestly say I have no appetite right now."
[Sat Mar 17 23:31:51 2007] : ** (282) Thom follows Sevis, heading back to the path. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:32:57 2007] : (279) Morti: "Hmmm..." :groans as he looks to the dead birds: "Alright. I'll leave them." :His hands clap together for a moment, offering some kind of prayer to the deceased beasts, before turning to follow the group.
[Sat Mar 17 23:33:18 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Odin, The War Father is in this world as well?" ** turns to Morti **
[Sat Mar 17 23:33:42 2007] : (279) Morti: "Uh.... I ... guess..."
[Sat Mar 17 23:35:05 2007] : (283) DM: It's about noon by the time you reach a lower elevation on Mount Cyllene. The citadel of the Aloeids can be seen in the distance but will take about another hour or so of travel.
[Sat Mar 17 23:35:43 2007] : ** (282) Thom searches the skies, to see if they are going to have any more unwanted visitors. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:37:18 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens remains quiet after asking Morti about The War Father **
[Sat Mar 17 23:37:46 2007] : (283) DM: (clear)
[Sat Mar 17 23:38:16 2007] : (276) Atross: "It looks like we can reach the citadel later today."
[Sat Mar 17 23:38:21 2007] : ** (282) Thom continues travelling, scanning the skies every so often. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:38:51 2007] : (282) Thom: "I hope so, the sooner the better. Something about this world doesn't sit well with me."
[Sat Mar 17 23:40:12 2007] : (288) [DG] Firewater (enter): 23:40
[Sat Mar 17 23:41:30 2007] : (283) DM: After a while, you reach a vista that overlooks the approach to the citadel. Everything about the place seems three times larger than human size, as expected.
[Sat Mar 17 23:42:00 2007] : (283) DM: The stench of the marsh has not lessened unfortunately.
[Sat Mar 17 23:43:15 2007] : ** (279) Morti looks over the immense furnishings. "Wow... Cyclops' must be pretty big. I wonder how much they can lift." **
[Sat Mar 17 23:43:35 2007] : (288) [DG] Firewater (exit): 23:43
[Sat Mar 17 23:44:11 2007] : (282) Thom: "Let's not find out."
[Sat Mar 17 23:45:34 2007] : ** (282) Thom continues down the path to the citadel. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:46:10 2007] : ** (276) Atross looks out for signs of life, larger than life or otherwise. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:46:54 2007] : (279) Morti: (afk a min)
[Sat Mar 17 23:47:25 2007] : (283) DM: It seems to be deserted for the moment.
[Sat Mar 17 23:47:56 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:48:48 2007] : ** (282) Thom frowns slightly, "Anyone else thing something might be wrong here?" He looks over the citadel, but then also scans the ground around them - looking for any signs of recent habitation. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:48:55 2007] : (282) Thom: (( *think ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:49:21 2007] : (283) DM: Oh, it's definitely inhabited. The occupants don't seem to be about however.
[Sat Mar 17 23:50:13 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Maybe they're at lenscrafters to fix their nearsightedness.
[Sat Mar 17 23:50:16 2007] : ** (282) Thom keeps heading up to the entry of the citadel, looking for anyway to announce the groups presence. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:50:33 2007] : (283) DM: There are tracks and wagon treads. A perimeter wall encloses the compound.
[Sat Mar 17 23:50:55 2007] : (283) DM: Four gates can be seen as you circle the compound and the citadel. (one in each direction)
[Sat Mar 17 23:52:11 2007] : ** (282) Thom heads to the one closest to their current position. **
[Sat Mar 17 23:52:12 2007] : (276) Atross: ((About how big is it in total, or failing that, how long does circling it take anyway?))
[Sat Mar 17 23:52:26 2007] : (283) DM: ((an hour.))
[Sat Mar 17 23:53:06 2007] : (283) DM: ((the citadel is roughly the size of a Manhattan city block in total perimeter))
[Sat Mar 17 23:54:07 2007] : (283) DM: All four gates are open.
[Sat Mar 17 23:54:10 2007] : (279) Morti: (and thanks to the swamp, it even smells similar. ^_^)
[Sat Mar 17 23:54:28 2007] : (283) DM: (Garden gate (N), Front gate (E), South gate (S), Back gate (W))
[Sat Mar 17 23:54:33 2007] : (283) DM: (yep. ^^)
[Sat Mar 17 23:55:43 2007] : (282) Thom: (( which way are we approaching from? ))
[Sat Mar 17 23:56:01 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((Back Gate, right?))
[Sat Mar 17 23:56:53 2007] : (283) DM: (from the west)
[Sat Mar 17 23:57:48 2007] : ** (282) Thom approaches the open western gate and pauses. He looks through the gate, looking for any movement. "I guess this means we can enter." **
[Sat Mar 17 23:58:28 2007] : (279) Morti: "Huh... considering it's a gated citadel.. shouldn't there be.. guards?"
[Sat Mar 17 23:59:02 2007] : (282) Thom: "I would have thought so as well - maybe they don't have visitors normally?"

[Sun Mar 18 00:00:12 2007] : (279) Morti: :shrugs: "Possible. I doubt many thieves would come through a stinking swamp to rip off things too big for them to carry away."
[Sun Mar 18 00:00:30 2007] : (279) Morti: "They could have at least closed the gates though"
[Sun Mar 18 00:00:53 2007] : (276) Atross: "Even if they don't get visitors, and I'd imagine they don't, why isn't anyone here?"
[Sun Mar 18 00:01:21 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There are a few corridors
[Sun Mar 18 00:01:32 2007] : (276) Atross: "I suppose leaving the doors open makes sense if they're all leaving, but where'd they go?"
[Sun Mar 18 00:01:33 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): One directly ahead and one to your immediate right
[Sun Mar 18 00:01:42 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's a door at the end of the corridor to your right
[Sun Mar 18 00:01:52 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and a door immediately to your left
[Sun Mar 18 00:02:14 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): oh - we had not entered the gate just yet - Thom stopped outside it. Unelss I can see all this from outside the gate?
[Sun Mar 18 00:02:45 2007] : (279) Morti: "maybe they heard we were coming and evacuated in fear,"
[Sun Mar 18 00:03:34 2007] : (282) Thom: "More likely it was rumors of your breath Morti, that would do it." Thom smirks at the young mage.
[Sun Mar 18 00:03:36 2007] : (276) Atross: "I'm sure a little birdy told them."
[Sun Mar 18 00:04:07 2007] : (282) Thom: "We won't find answers out here. Let's go." Thom then enters through the gate and starts heading to the citadel proper, looking around as he walks.
[Sun Mar 18 00:04:38 2007] : ** (279) Morti follows after thom. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:05:08 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (( back ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:05:13 2007] : ** (276) Atross goes in as well, naturally. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:05:55 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens follows the others in as well **
[Sun Mar 18 00:06:04 2007] : (279) Morti: "Can we check out their kitchen? I want to see if they have gaint food stuffs."
[Sun Mar 18 00:06:04 2007] : (283) DM: There's a corridor directly ahead and one to your immediate right. A door to your immediate left (closed). The door at the end of the right hand passage is also closed.
[Sun Mar 18 00:06:49 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Look on the bright side. At least you don't need lockpicks for the doors.
[Sun Mar 18 00:07:27 2007] : (283) DM: (Let me map and I'll be right back. It'll be easier than typing everything out.)
[Sun Mar 18 00:07:41 2007] : (282) Thom: (( sounds good. ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:11:17 2007] : ** (282) Thom looks at all the options. "Interesting layout, would be fun to explore some day, if we had time." He looks to find the way that seems to head to the citadel proper. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:28:56 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): (brb)
[Sun Mar 18 00:33:41 2007] : (283) DM: (let me know if that doesn't load)
[Sun Mar 18 00:33:49 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): (Back)
[Sun Mar 18 00:33:59 2007] : (279) Morti: (loaded fine. where are we?)
[Sun Mar 18 00:34:17 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): We're in the hallway between B and J, atm.
[Sun Mar 18 00:35:07 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): is the floor stone?
[Sun Mar 18 00:35:25 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Mar 18 00:35:33 2007] : (283) DM: (at the red dot)
[Sun Mar 18 00:35:46 2007] : ** (269) Tektite melts into the floor **
[Sun Mar 18 00:35:59 2007] : (269) Tektite: "I'll follow from down here, safer"
[Sun Mar 18 00:36:23 2007] : (283) DM: (the compass rose is correct)
[Sun Mar 18 00:36:24 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens nods **
[Sun Mar 18 00:37:49 2007] : (283) DM: A thick layer of dust coats the floor.
[Sun Mar 18 00:38:14 2007] : (279) Morti: (tracks in the dust?)
[Sun Mar 18 00:38:41 2007] : (282) Thom: (( sorry - got a phone call... ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:39:12 2007] : (282) Thom: "Well, this is not what I expected." Thom calls out, "Hello?!?"
[Sun Mar 18 00:39:41 2007] : (283) DM: "....hello...hello...hello...."
[Sun Mar 18 00:39:54 2007] : (283) DM: Thom's voice echoes, and there is no response.
[Sun Mar 18 00:40:31 2007] : (282) Thom: "Well, I tried." Thom heads into the cooridor, heading straight in.
[Sun Mar 18 00:41:14 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Looks like noone has been here for years"
[Sun Mar 18 00:41:47 2007] : (283) DM: All is still.
[Sun Mar 18 00:42:19 2007] : (279) Morti: "Maybe they just don't use the backdoor much"
[Sun Mar 18 00:43:03 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens nods to the door on their left "Check the door or continue down the hall?" **
[Sun Mar 18 00:43:07 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): It could be the "Summer Citadel." They're all vacationing in the bahamas right now.
[Sun Mar 18 00:43:17 2007] : ** (282) Thom walks ahead down the cooridor, and looks down the hallway to the left. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:43:47 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens follows Thom **
[Sun Mar 18 00:45:41 2007] : ** (282) Thom sees another door at the end of the hallway, so he continues east down the hallway they entered. "I figure stick to hallways, until we find something that looks like it might go to an auidence hall. I don't want to be found and these giants assume we are sneaking around. That will not get us home." **
[Sun Mar 18 00:45:48 2007] : (283) DM: There's a door at the far (!) end of the passage.
[Sun Mar 18 00:46:17 2007] : ** (276) Atross hangs back at the intersections, bringing up the rear as they explore. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:47:01 2007] : (282) Thom: (( heading past b and c. ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:47:41 2007] : (283) DM: (there are archways at each of the Xs)
[Sun Mar 18 00:48:29 2007] : ** (282) Thom pauses at the archway, looking past it. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:48:58 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "I'll head down this way a bit, are we looking for anything specific?"
[Sun Mar 18 00:49:24 2007] : (282) Thom: "Big doors for now. That, or any area with so must dust."
[Sun Mar 18 00:50:13 2007] : (283) DM: An empty corridor heading deeper into the citadel.
[Sun Mar 18 00:50:21 2007] : (282) Thom: (( *without ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:50:28 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens heads though the arch (( Toward J )) and tries each door he comes across **
[Sun Mar 18 00:50:38 2007] : (283) DM: Some of these interior doors might be open, but hard to tell at this instance.
[Sun Mar 18 00:51:00 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): J is ajar
[Sun Mar 18 00:51:10 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): barely enough room for you to squeeze past
[Sun Mar 18 00:51:35 2007] : ** (282) Thom turns away from the archway to see what is in hte opposite direction. (basically, going to the southern gate, but I don't know that IC) **
[Sun Mar 18 00:51:47 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Feeling groggy, grabbing some ice cream.
[Sun Mar 18 00:52:26 2007] : **(281) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): heads into the room and takes a look around**
[Sun Mar 18 00:53:00 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sun Mar 18 00:53:00 2007] : ** (279) Morti follows along behind Thom, gawking at the giant construction. "I wonder if any of us can open such big doors." **
[Sun Mar 18 00:53:56 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): A flash of movement can be seen inside the room just as you're about to enter the room...
[Sun Mar 18 00:54:00 2007] : (282) Thom: "I just hope that we don't have to find out. Where the hell is everyone?"
[Sun Mar 18 00:54:27 2007] : (283) Voice: "Who is that that I smell?"
[Sun Mar 18 00:54:43 2007] : ** (282) Thom finds the open southern gate heading back outside, so he turns around and heads back to the archway. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:54:46 2007] : (283) DM: A sweet feminine voice rings out in the silence.
[Sun Mar 18 00:54:55 2007] : (279) Morti: "Maybe they moved out of this stinking swam---p." :freezes at the sound of the strange voice.:
[Sun Mar 18 00:54:59 2007] : (283) DM: (only Sevis can hear that)
[Sun Mar 18 00:55:19 2007] : (279) Morti: (oh.. nix that pause then)
[Sun Mar 18 00:55:20 2007] : (283) DM: Sevis and Morti)
[Sun Mar 18 00:55:33 2007] : (282) Thom: (( no fair - the sweet females are supposed to talk to me! ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:56:01 2007] : (282) Thom: (( Morti is with Thom ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:56:43 2007] : **(281) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): slides into a defencive stance as he enters ((Full defensive))**
[Sun Mar 18 00:57:23 2007] : (282) Thom: (( I thought... anyway... ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:57:25 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Royal Rocky Road with chocolate whipped cream. A veritable panacea for fatigue
[Sun Mar 18 00:57:49 2007] : (283) DM: (ah well, never mind)
[Sun Mar 18 00:57:58 2007] : (279) Morti: (hai, I'm following thom)
[Sun Mar 18 00:58:01 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's a sphinx.
[Sun Mar 18 00:58:08 2007] : ** (282) Thom returns to the archway, ignoring the closed doors. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:58:11 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): A sphinx with the head of a woman...
[Sun Mar 18 00:58:21 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): She sizes you up and down.
[Sun Mar 18 00:58:26 2007] : **(281) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): nods**
[Sun Mar 18 00:58:28 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ...licking her lips
[Sun Mar 18 00:58:44 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): "Hello, my name is Sevis."
[Sun Mar 18 00:58:53 2007] : (283) The sphinx: (whispering): "Sevissss..."
[Sun Mar 18 00:59:00 2007] : ** (283) The sphinx savors your name. **
[Sun Mar 18 00:59:02 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): (( Remaining full defensive ))
[Sun Mar 18 00:59:04 2007] : ** (276) Atross arcs a thumb through the archway (north). "Sevis went through there." **
[Sun Mar 18 00:59:09 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): I'm assuming that all the doors to the rooms are closed, and you will let us know if they are not - yes?
[Sun Mar 18 00:59:18 2007] : (283) The sphinx: (whispering): "An unusual name. Tell me why I shouldn't eat you, Sevissss."
[Sun Mar 18 00:59:27 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Mar 18 00:59:53 2007] : (283) Voice: "Tell me why I shouldn't eat you, Sevisssss."
[Sun Mar 18 01:00:17 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): "I dont think I would taste very good, all stringy" ** pulls up the arm of his robe to show small wiry arms **
[Sun Mar 18 01:00:26 2007] : (283) DM: You can definitely hear someone speaking now. It sounds like a woman.
[Sun Mar 18 01:00:29 2007] : (282) Thom: "Come on then Atross, we might as well stick together a little." Thom leads the other two through the archway, following the path Sevis had taken.
[Sun Mar 18 01:00:59 2007] : (283) DM: "But you might taste good. I haven't been fed for days."
[Sun Mar 18 01:01:03 2007] : ** (282) Thom suddenly catches the end of the phrase and takes off running in the direction of the voice, drawing out Ringrist as he moves. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:01:13 2007] : (283) Voice: "But you might taste good. I haven't been fed for days."
[Sun Mar 18 01:01:22 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's glowing.
[Sun Mar 18 01:01:36 2007] : ** (279) Morti doesn't hear it, but seeing THom run off, he hurries to follow. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:02:04 2007] : ** (282) Thom holds the glowing Ringrist out before him as a light, and an announcement that he is coming. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:02:22 2007] : ** (276) Atross hurries after them. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:02:25 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Oh if all you want if food, I have some in my pack, not much though I dont eat very often. My friends might have more."
[Sun Mar 18 01:02:34 2007] : (283) Voice: "Well, mortal. I can let you live though I would be remiss in my duties as a guardian if I didn't pose a challenge. Defeat me and you may pass."
[Sun Mar 18 01:02:53 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): He's talking to a sphinx.
[Sun Mar 18 01:02:57 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in the room
[Sun Mar 18 01:02:59 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): J
[Sun Mar 18 01:04:14 2007] : ** (282) Thom sees the door into one of the rooms open (into J) and so he follows in, as the voice finishes offering the challenge. Thom slows to a walk, realizing that it is a guardian and not someone playing with their food. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:04:39 2007] : (282) Thom: (( *slows to a walk, as he enters the room ))
[Sun Mar 18 01:04:47 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "I dont want to have to fight you."
[Sun Mar 18 01:05:15 2007] : (282) Thom: "Sevis, who is your new friend?" he asks. Ringrist is still out, but lowered by his side.
[Sun Mar 18 01:05:25 2007] : (283) DM: It appears to be a sphinx, albeit with the head of a woman. She's in a reclining position in this otherwise empty colummned hall. A slightly open door leads north.
[Sun Mar 18 01:05:44 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens calls back "Not sure, the guardian of this place. She didnt give me a name." **
[Sun Mar 18 01:06:02 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "There are more of you. Are these snacks, Sevisss?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:06:34 2007] : ** (283) The sphinx licks her lips as she flashes a grin. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:06:34 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Dont think so"
[Sun Mar 18 01:06:45 2007] : (279) Morti: "A gynosphinx." :grins as he bows: "It is a pleasure, Ma'am. I am Magus Mortimar Boyle... though I guess I am snack sized."
[Sun Mar 18 01:06:52 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Would have to ask them yourself though"
[Sun Mar 18 01:07:17 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "I do so love a good riddle. Answer my riddle and all of you may pass. Fail...and well, you will not fail, will you?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:07:25 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens moves out of the door way and clears whatever was keeping it only partialy open ((If he can)) **
[Sun Mar 18 01:07:38 2007] : (283) The sphinx: (whispering): Str
[Sun Mar 18 01:07:45 2007] : (283) DM: (whispering): Str check
[Sun Mar 18 01:07:47 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Nope"
[Sun Mar 18 01:08:10 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: Str check: [1d20+3 ] => [20,3] = (23)
[Sun Mar 18 01:08:10 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I suppose Atross would go down smooth and be unlikely to cause any hairball complications.
[Sun Mar 18 01:08:43 2007] : ** (269) Tektite comes up out of the ground to see why Sevis stoped **
[Sun Mar 18 01:08:54 2007] : (269) Tektite: "Oh whats that?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:09:37 2007] : (279) Morti: "I don't mind trying your riddle, if it makes you happy,Ma'am. Do you have a name we should call you as?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:09:39 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "The guardian of this place, we answer a riddle and we get to pass, fail and we get eaten."
[Sun Mar 18 01:09:55 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "A talking rock. You must be extremely powerful or extremely foolish."
[Sun Mar 18 01:10:22 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Sevissss, I don't eat rocks." (seems disappointed)
[Sun Mar 18 01:10:29 2007] : (269) Tektite: "Ahh master I am no good at riddles, and dont fancy beeing eaten, so I will go back underground if you dont mind."
[Sun Mar 18 01:11:02 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "You can call me Medea, if you wish."
[Sun Mar 18 01:11:43 2007] : (279) Morti: :nods: "AS you wish, Lady Medea."
[Sun Mar 18 01:12:06 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "She isnt food either, and I think I may be foolish because she keeps calling me master, yet I have no idea how I became her master. Now that is a riddle, if you can figure that out for me I would be beholden to you."
[Sun Mar 18 01:12:30 2007] : ** (269) Tektite melts back into the ground **
[Sun Mar 18 01:12:47 2007] : (282) Thom: "Enough Sevis, let's just hear Medea's riddle and finish this quest."
[Sun Mar 18 01:13:22 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Yes, let's. Hardly any one has posed a challenge and you look particularly delectable."
[Sun Mar 18 01:13:54 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "My riddle is this: 'When is the highest beneath the lowest?'"
[Sun Mar 18 01:14:04 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Answer that and you may all pass."
[Sun Mar 18 01:14:21 2007] : ** (282) Thom smirks at the sphinx. "You won't be the first, and likely not the last, to have underestimated us." **
[Sun Mar 18 01:14:59 2007] : ** (282) Thom looks around, "Oh yeah, this one. So - who wants the privilidge of answering?" **
[Sun Mar 18 01:15:12 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "At night, when the sun is beneath the feet of every man, whoever he is."
[Sun Mar 18 01:15:29 2007] : ** (282) Thom watches Medea's reaction to Sevis. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:15:31 2007] : ** (283) The sphinx seems quite disappointed. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:16:08 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Hmph. I never would have guessed that someone, most of all, a mere mortal could have known that."
[Sun Mar 18 01:16:38 2007] : (279) Morti: "Wow.. nice one , Sevis."
[Sun Mar 18 01:16:41 2007] : (282) Thom: "Life is full of disappointment."
[Sun Mar 18 01:16:47 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "I suppose you're here for the cyclops' treasure then."
[Sun Mar 18 01:18:03 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Yes"
[Sun Mar 18 01:18:04 2007] : (282) Thom: "As long as it's the container we seek."
[Sun Mar 18 01:18:31 2007] : (276) Atross: "I see all the time you spent speaking with the Solnorites paid off."
[Sun Mar 18 01:18:41 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "A bronze chest? In the room beyond."
[Sun Mar 18 01:18:54 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): and if it's not - we can still take it and search for the container - would have to pass up free treasure after all.
[Sun Mar 18 01:19:36 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "They captured one of the Olympians. Little do they know they also captured the thief of Apollo's cattle." (smirks)
[Sun Mar 18 01:19:50 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "The solnorites didnt help me in answering that riddle, the funny snake people did. Anyways lets go see if what we seek is here."
[Sun Mar 18 01:20:27 2007] : (282) Thom: "Sounds right." Thom prepares to go after it, but pauses and turns back to Medea, seathing Ringrist. "Would you answer a question for me, to satisfy my curiosity, with no strings attached to it?
[Sun Mar 18 01:20:52 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "No strings." (chuckles)
[Sun Mar 18 01:21:26 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Do you tempt fate so? I will answer you, mortal, because it amuses me."
[Sun Mar 18 01:22:12 2007] : ** (282) Thom studies Medea for a moment. "Very well. What happened to the Aloeids?" **
[Sun Mar 18 01:23:41 2007] : (282) Thom: (( at least I think that was the name given for the cyclopses... ))
[Sun Mar 18 01:24:05 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "A rich joke, it was."
[Sun Mar 18 01:24:59 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Otus and Ephialtes, when they heard of the reward being offered for Apollo's cattle, interrogated the Olympian as to where they were."
[Sun Mar 18 01:25:48 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "They demanded the herd as the price of his freedom. He told them they were hidden in the Stymphalian Marsh."
[Sun Mar 18 01:26:13 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Naturally this was a lie, but the Aloeids, never the brightest of titans, fell for it."
[Sun Mar 18 01:26:47 2007] : (279) Morti: "You knew at the time they were being lied to?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:27:40 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "It was fairly obvious, young master. The Birds are attracted to flesh. Nothing living lives in the Marsh."
[Sun Mar 18 01:27:55 2007] : (282) Thom: "Strange, since you already said, 'little did they know they had captured the thief'. If so, why question him?" Thom holds up a hand as soon as he asks, "Not meant to be answered. Anyway, let's get the chest so we can get out of here."
[Sun Mar 18 01:28:27 2007] : (279) Morti: "Then.. why didn't you tell the Aloeids before they left?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:29:27 2007] : ** (282) Thom heads to the back room, to collect the chest. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:29:34 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Did I? I may have told them something at the time in exchange for his favor. He is an Olympian after all."
[Sun Mar 18 01:30:13 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "That was not the terms of the contract, young master. I was paid to guard the chest, not to tell the truth."
[Sun Mar 18 01:30:55 2007] : (279) Morti: :nods: "Okay... but if you saught the Olympian's favor, wouldn't it be better to set him free?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:31:23 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Perhaps. But a bargain is a bargain."
[Sun Mar 18 01:31:52 2007] : (279) Morti: "But did the contract say you would guard the chest... or what was in it?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:32:19 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Both the chest and the contents, young master."
[Sun Mar 18 01:32:20 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): This Olympian's name wouldn't be jack would it?
[Sun Mar 18 01:32:38 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Mar 18 01:32:55 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Or Pandora?
[Sun Mar 18 01:32:59 2007] : (279) Morti: "Oh.. then why are you letting us take it?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:33:08 2007] : ** (282) Thom looks around the back room for the chest. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:33:13 2007] : (283) The sphinx: A bronze chest can be seen in one corner of this inner courtyard. A burbling fountain is in the center of the room.
[Sun Mar 18 01:33:20 2007] : (283) DM: (oops)
[Sun Mar 18 01:33:23 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "We answered her riddle Morti"
[Sun Mar 18 01:34:24 2007] : (279) Morti: "Hmmm... guess that is a bargain."
[Sun Mar 18 01:34:37 2007] : ** (282) Thom heads to the chest and looks it over - making sure there are any traps awaiting him. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:36:02 2007] : (283) DM: The chest is 4' long, 2' wide and 3' high and made of bronze. It weighs at least 1,000 lbs.
[Sun Mar 18 01:36:09 2007] : (279) Morti: "What exactly do they pay you for this task, I wonder? Do your kind need treasures?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:36:52 2007] : (283) DM: The metal of the chest was once brightly burnished but is now badly scuffed. The sides are dented but solid, the top is curved with two hinges at the back and a hasp lock on the front.
[Sun Mar 18 01:37:08 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Jewels and the like."
[Sun Mar 18 01:37:32 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Are you prepared to offer me something else, young master?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:38:25 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): any traps?
[Sun Mar 18 01:38:26 2007] : (279) Morti: :raises a brow: "Hehe... sorry, I couldn't afford you. Even if I could, I don't have a comfortable home for you to rest in, or a task for you to accomplish."
[Sun Mar 18 01:39:02 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Mar 18 01:39:26 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Impressed on the lid of the chest is a stylized beehive.
[Sun Mar 18 01:40:01 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): are there any bees around the beehive?
[Sun Mar 18 01:40:51 2007] : ** (283) The sphinx smiles. "It serves the Aloeids right to have their treasure stolen from them, for if they were more intelligent, they would have paid me in both jewels and food." **
[Sun Mar 18 01:41:15 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Mar 18 01:41:37 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): Darn - I was trying to 'always remember the bees.' :)
[Sun Mar 18 01:41:46 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): then let's try unlocking it.
[Sun Mar 18 01:42:13 2007] : (279) Morti: :nods: "True. If you presume to have a fabled creatures as youself in one's employ, it is only polite to make sure you are treated properly."
[Sun Mar 18 01:43:16 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Quite right." (sniffs)
[Sun Mar 18 01:44:15 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20 ] => [7,20] = (27)
[Sun Mar 18 01:44:21 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): failure
[Sun Mar 18 01:44:36 2007] : (279) Morti: "I don't know if you eat stymphallian birds... they kind of smell, but we could bring you them if you like."
[Sun Mar 18 01:45:24 2007] : (276) Atross: "Won't you be leaving after the chest is opened, Medea?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:45:48 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): Hmm - try again, taking my time (take 10 for a check of 31).
[Sun Mar 18 01:49:29 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sun Mar 18 01:49:48 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "Possibly."
[Sun Mar 18 01:49:49 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): well - let's try opening this sucker up.
[Sun Mar 18 01:50:04 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "I suppose I might."
[Sun Mar 18 01:50:24 2007] : (279) Morti: "Are the jewels you were promised in the chest?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:51:41 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Inside is a muscular youth with blond ringlets and steel blue eyes, in a gleaming white tunic. He seems to be bound with a brass rope. Around his neck is a silver chain adorned with a brass ring. As soon as you open the chest, silence floods the chamber.
[Sun Mar 18 01:52:16 2007] : (283) The sphinx: "You ask a great deal of questions for a mortal. No, they are not."
[Sun Mar 18 01:52:26 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): I try speaking, "Hello, we have come to free you."
[Sun Mar 18 01:52:36 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you don't hear anything
[Sun Mar 18 01:52:50 2007] : (279) Morti: :nods: "Just wanted to make sure we aren't stealing from you, Lady Medea."
[Sun Mar 18 01:53:32 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The youth appears to be mouthing something at you.
[Sun Mar 18 01:53:58 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): sense motive (3.5 version of read lips)?
[Sun Mar 18 01:54:25 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): [1d20+16 ] => [7,16] = (23)
[Sun Mar 18 01:54:42 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "So is the chest locked Thom?"
[Sun Mar 18 01:54:47 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): "Take it off!"
[Sun Mar 18 01:54:57 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): I takje it I can't hear Sevis?
[Sun Mar 18 01:55:03 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): correct
[Sun Mar 18 01:55:18 2007] : (283) DM: There is no response.
[Sun Mar 18 01:55:56 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): I reach out to the silver chain, touching it. I look at him before grabbing it to see if he approves.
[Sun Mar 18 01:58:02 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): ((Since I'm not positive that I understood, or even that I am guessing the right item to take off. ))
[Sun Mar 18 01:58:10 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens looks up to see why Thom is so quiet **
[Sun Mar 18 01:58:37 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): He's nodding rapidly.
[Sun Mar 18 01:58:53 2007] : ** (282) Thom is in the next room, in one of the corners. **
[Sun Mar 18 01:59:03 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): I grab it and i rip it off.
[Sun Mar 18 02:00:14 2007] : (282) Thom: (( did you enter the room, or just looking in? ))
[Sun Mar 18 02:00:44 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (( thought we all went in, obviously not ))
[Sun Mar 18 02:01:42 2007] : (282) Thom: (( no one else entered the next room - not that I saw at least... ))
[Sun Mar 18 02:01:51 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens calls out louder incase Thom didnt hear him **
[Sun Mar 18 02:01:57 2007] : ** (279) Morti waits in the shinxe's chamber, petting Moiraine on his shoulder. **
[Sun Mar 18 02:02:06 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): He's still mouthing.
[Sun Mar 18 02:02:11 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The silence doesn't end.
[Sun Mar 18 02:02:21 2007] : (276) Atross: (whispering): (GW): You are correct, to my knowledge.
[Sun Mar 18 02:02:22 2007] : (283) DM: No response.
[Sun Mar 18 02:02:38 2007] : ** (282) Thom is in the corner, on his knees, the edges of a bronze container can be seen to each side of him. **
[Sun Mar 18 02:02:54 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): Sense motice again - [1d20+16 ] => [7,16] = (23)
[Sun Mar 18 02:02:59 2007] : ** (279) Morti ask Sevis, "Is something wrong with him? **
[Sun Mar 18 02:04:43 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Might be" ** heads into the room, over to Thom **
[Sun Mar 18 02:05:54 2007] : ** (279) Morti heads to the doorway, while Sevis heads in. **
[Sun Mar 18 02:05:58 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): "Take it out of the room!"
[Sun Mar 18 02:06:27 2007] : (283) DM: He's holding a brass ring suspended on a silver chain.
[Sun Mar 18 02:06:40 2007] : ** (282) Thom suddenly turns and runs out of the room, and out of the room of the sphinx. **
[Sun Mar 18 02:06:53 2007] : (283) DM: The sphinx vanishes.
[Sun Mar 18 02:07:13 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): I take it to the hallway, and place it in the corner that is surrounded by J.
[Sun Mar 18 02:07:19 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Mar 18 02:07:22 2007] : ** (281) Sevis Goloens turns and watches Thom a little confused then goes over to the chest to see whats in it **
[Sun Mar 18 02:07:45 2007] : ** (282) Thom returns shortly after, without the ring and chain. **
[Sun Mar 18 02:08:06 2007] : ** (276) Atross hurries after Thom, "What's the rush?" **
[Sun Mar 18 02:08:48 2007] : (279) Morti: "Eh?" :Seeing the sphinx vanish and Thom take off running, Morti and begins following, but turns back to see what's taking Sevis.
[Sun Mar 18 02:08:57 2007] : (282) Thom: "Rush? Oh, just that the Olympain told me to take that chain out of the room, so I did. Come on," he returns to the now open bronze container.
[Sun Mar 18 02:09:40 2007] : (282) Thom: "That better?" he asks as he helps the person out of the continer.
[Sun Mar 18 02:10:15 2007] : (283) DM: You notice that as he passes you, that he makes no sound.
[Sun Mar 18 02:10:32 2007] : (282) Thom: (( help him out, but likely still sitting - since he is tied up. ))
[Sun Mar 18 02:10:42 2007] : (283) Hermes: "Thank you, my friends!"
[Sun Mar 18 02:10:51 2007] : ** (279) Morti follows into the room, approaching the container **
[Sun Mar 18 02:11:36 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "No problem."
[Sun Mar 18 02:11:38 2007] : (283) Hermes: "I congratulate you on defeating Medea. But what of the twins, Otus and Ephilates? Are they upon us or did the Marsh swallow them up?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:11:39 2007] : (282) Thom: "You are most welcome. Glad to hear you actually speaking now." Thom starts working on untieing the rope.
[Sun Mar 18 02:12:01 2007] : (279) Morti: :shrugs:
[Sun Mar 18 02:12:08 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "The Aloeids?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:12:12 2007] : (282) Thom: "Haven't seen them, but there is a fair amount of dust out in the hallways - and Medea said she had not eaten in days."
[Sun Mar 18 02:12:23 2007] : (283) DM: Inside the chest is a muscular youth in a gleaming white tunic, entangled in a bronze rope.
[Sun Mar 18 02:13:20 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): need any rolls to undo the rope?
[Sun Mar 18 02:13:39 2007] : (279) Morti: "Helllo... are you a god?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:13:46 2007] : (283) DM: "The command word for untying the rope is 'Release!'"
[Sun Mar 18 02:14:04 2007] : (283) Hermes: "The command word for untying the rope is 'Release!'"
[Sun Mar 18 02:14:14 2007] : (282) Thom: "Oh." Thom looks at the rope. "Release!"
[Sun Mar 18 02:14:51 2007] : (283) DM: It falls limply off Hermes' form and drops to the floor. He stands up and gets out of the chest, stretching his sore muscles.
[Sun Mar 18 02:15:46 2007] : ** (282) Thom collects the rope to get it out of the man's way. "So, do you know what you need to do now?" **
[Sun Mar 18 02:15:55 2007] : (283) Hermes: "I am Hermes, son of Zeus. I have a debt to pay to the Aloeids, and you'll please me by staying to help me pay it in full. But name yourselves and your patron gods for we have always time for courtesy, and I have a debt of a different sort to pay to each of you."
[Sun Mar 18 02:16:58 2007] : (279) Morti: :Scratches his head in habit:"Well.. I am Magus Mortimar Boyle... I don't know if you would know my patron gods though."
[Sun Mar 18 02:17:01 2007] : (282) Thom: "I am Thom Lox, and what do you mean by a debt?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:17:15 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "I am Sevis Goloens, I do not have a Patron from your Pantheon"
[Sun Mar 18 02:17:58 2007] : (283) Hermes: "But surely you worship a god or goddess?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:18:44 2007] : (276) Atross: "I am Atross of Farthing, though I claim no patron."
[Sun Mar 18 02:18:44 2007] : (283) Hermes: "I mean to repay the Aloeids for that which they did to me. As for you, there is the matter of your reward."
[Sun Mar 18 02:19:08 2007] : (279) Morti: "Well, I pray to a lot of gods....."
[Sun Mar 18 02:19:32 2007] : (282) Thom: "Oh, in that case - of course we will stick around. By the way, I just stuck that ring out in the hallway for now, is there somewhere else that it would be better?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:19:59 2007] : (283) Hermes: "That ring will be instrumental in the trap I will prepare for the Brothers Dim."
[Sun Mar 18 02:20:15 2007] : (279) Morti: "Ring?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:20:27 2007] : (282) Thom: "Well, it's just outside the door - to the right."
[Sun Mar 18 02:20:40 2007] : (283) Hermes: "'Tis a ring of silence. It prevented me from freeing myself as you found out."
[Sun Mar 18 02:20:57 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "I worship, or did worship a God before I left my world. I have yet to figure out if he exisits in the world I went to, and now I am in yet another world, though your Pantheon I have heard of."
[Sun Mar 18 02:21:19 2007] : (282) Thom: "Although, I admit that the silence was nice for a little while. But only a little."
[Sun Mar 18 02:21:42 2007] : (279) Morti: "Sounds interesting... can we tae it with us?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:22:26 2007] : (282) Zane: (whispering): by the way - I am coiling up the rope once I moved it out of his way.
[Sun Mar 18 02:22:55 2007] : (283) Hermes: "That might be unwise, for I mean to use it to entrap the Aloeids in their own citadel."
[Sun Mar 18 02:23:30 2007] : (283) Hermes: "I shall need both the rope and the ring, and a bit of time to explain my plan."
[Sun Mar 18 02:23:32 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "If they come back."
[Sun Mar 18 02:23:51 2007] : (279) Morti: "Oh.. how are you going to do that? Wrap the brass rope around the building to seal the doors and the ring hear so the can't say "release"?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:23:54 2007] : (283) Hermes: "Oh, they will come back, that much is certain."
[Sun Mar 18 02:26:20 2007] : (283) Hermes: "I will lure a nest of giant rats into this room, whilst you lead them on a merry chase 'round this citadel. They shall not be able to catch you for an enchantment I shall lay on their persons. When they enter the room beyond, the door will be sealed with the rope and the ring tossed inside."
[Sun Mar 18 02:27:03 2007] : (283) Hermes: (means to say the rats will be in L and the giants lured into L as well.)
[Sun Mar 18 02:27:51 2007] : (279) Morti: "Uh... if they'll be chasing us in there... how do we get out?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:28:06 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Wont they starve to death after they eat the rats?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:28:22 2007] : (282) Thom: "Sounds interesting. Although I was hoping I might keep the rope. Or well."
[Sun Mar 18 02:31:48 2007] : (279) Morti: "Hmmm... think I have a way to handle it...an illusion perhaps."
[Sun Mar 18 02:33:14 2007] : (283) DM: (in other words, they chase you into K, Hermes leads them into L, you pop out the door leading to the east, Hermes teleports out of the room, then throws the ring into L, slams the door shut and seals it with the rope.
[Sun Mar 18 02:34:13 2007] : (276) Atross: "So how many of them are there?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:34:30 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "He said twins, that would imply two"
[Sun Mar 18 02:34:58 2007] : ** (269) Tektite comes back out of the ground **
[Sun Mar 18 02:35:14 2007] : (269) Tektite: "That hungry thing gone?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:35:23 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Yes"
[Sun Mar 18 02:36:00 2007] : (269) Tektite: "Good, so it is safe for me to stay above ground now?"
[Sun Mar 18 02:37:17 2007] : (283) DM: (we can stop here b/c there are a couple of things I need to talk about)
[Sun Mar 18 02:37:31 2007] : (282) Thom: (( ok ))
[Sun Mar 18 02:37:33 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: "Should be"
[Sun Mar 18 02:37:35 2007] : (281) Sevis Goloens: (( ok ))
[Sun Mar 18 02:37:50 2007] : (283) DM: (not to mention next session is when we wrap this little side trip up)
[Sun Mar 18 02:38:07 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: when did I last hand out XP?
[Sun Mar 18 02:38:13 2007] : (282) Zane: not quite enough time to do it today, huh?
[Sun Mar 18 02:38:19 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: you should all be 10th I think.
[Sun Mar 18 02:38:29 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: Ya we are
[Sun Mar 18 02:38:40 2007] : (282) Zane: yes. although Daelan's node you sent me is 9th lvl
[Sun Mar 18 02:38:53 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: no, it'll involve some planning on your part
[Sun Mar 18 02:39:16 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: how you want to do the hide and seek game is up to you
[Sun Mar 18 02:39:26 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: Hermes will be herding the rats into L
[Sun Mar 18 02:39:51 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: I'll post the map onto the Sat forum and room descriptions and you can take it from there
[Sun Mar 18 02:39:54 2007] : (279) Morti: I was thinking of using a combo illusion and invisibility spell
[Sun Mar 18 02:40:22 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: think Daelan was 9th because the player hasn't been around for ages and ages
[Sun Mar 18 02:40:37 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: I was thining right before you said we could stop that Tektite could draw them into the room then just melt into the ground and come back out leaving the ring behind
[Sun Mar 18 02:40:56 2007] : (282) Zane: Thom can disguise himself to look like a statue, one that I doubt they would notice in running to catch moving intruders...
[Sun Mar 18 02:40:57 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: You can do that as well if you want
[Sun Mar 18 02:41:34 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: Hermes is the god of practical jokes and mischief amongst other things so as long as he gets his jollies in, any plan is fine by me
[Sun Mar 18 02:42:02 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: although at this time, he's not yet a god
[Sun Mar 18 02:42:13 2007] : (282) Zane: Hmm... I think we can work something up.
[Sun Mar 18 02:42:36 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: ok, next thing
[Sun Mar 18 02:42:54 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: I don't necessarily have to recruit for this game
[Sun Mar 18 02:43:12 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: 4 people is more than enough (6 technically because of Daelan and Matt whenever Matt shows up)
[Sun Mar 18 02:43:39 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: but if I do start recruiting, I was wondering how to do it so people don't end up spending weeks before they play
[Sun Mar 18 02:43:59 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: and we have Arun as well, though he's not online now
[Sun Mar 18 02:44:00 2007] : (282) Zane: is Matt Arun?
[Sun Mar 18 02:44:08 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: Matt is Jarvis
[Sun Mar 18 02:44:11 2007] : (282) Zane: Ok - didn't think so...
[Sun Mar 18 02:44:19 2007] : (276) Atross: Matt is Jarvis. Ah, beaten to the punch.
[Sun Mar 18 02:44:43 2007] : (282) Zane: Yeah - I had forgotten about Jarvis - he's been out for a long time...
[Sun Mar 18 02:44:45 2007] : (279) Morti: Well, you could ease up on the reading requirements. After all, they don't necessarily have to know everything, just everything their character should know.
[Sun Mar 18 02:45:28 2007] : (276) Donovan: I'd make a suggestion, but....
[Sun Mar 18 02:45:32 2007] : (282) Zane: True - that would lower a lot of the time. I still thik the Bob, interview, and lurking are good...
[Sun Mar 18 02:46:37 2007] : (282) Zane: and some reading. More about the basics of Anduring would be good - about the aspects, magic, etc.
[Sun Mar 18 02:46:43 2007] : (282) Zane: *Andurin
[Sun Mar 18 02:47:52 2007] : ** (276) Donovan risks opening his mouth. **
[Sun Mar 18 02:48:08 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: Ya, Bob, Interview and one session of Lurking. They should roll Stats at the Interview, That will give them a better idea of what they have to work with while they come up with the char concept.
[Sun Mar 18 02:48:11 2007] : (276) Donovan: Perhaps a synopsis of the story so far could be assembled on a permanent basis.
[Sun Mar 18 02:48:38 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: that's a lot
[Sun Mar 18 02:48:40 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sun Mar 18 02:48:58 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sun Mar 18 02:49:25 2007] : (276) Donovan: It's a lot, but it's less than the totatility of all our logs
[Sun Mar 18 02:49:36 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: so 2 weeks then? or 1 week depending on timing
[Sun Mar 18 02:50:06 2007] : (279) Morti: something like that
[Sun Mar 18 02:50:23 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: two weeks from Bob submition I figure. The Interview and stat rolls, then Lurking the next week
[Sun Mar 18 02:50:26 2007] : (282) Zane: yeah - that's not bad at all.
[Sun Mar 18 02:50:45 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: That gives them time to actualy work on a character concept
[Sun Mar 18 02:51:57 2007] : (282) Zane: I think that sounds like a good system.
[Sun Mar 18 02:52:19 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sun Mar 18 02:52:38 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: could we use this for all the games I run?
[Sun Mar 18 02:53:00 2007] : (279) Morti: if you like
[Sun Mar 18 02:53:03 2007] : (282) Zane: Oh Donovan - the synopsis sounds good, but so did the idea of campaign calenders. :)
[Sun Mar 18 02:53:20 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: Maybe I am an odity but I like to spend at least two weeks working on a character concept and background so I will actualy know how the character should act in various situations. If I just take stats and whip out a character I have no personality basis to help guid my actions
[Sun Mar 18 02:53:21 2007] : (276) Donovan: Weeeell...
[Sun Mar 18 02:53:25 2007] : (276) Donovan: I have a confession to make.
[Sun Mar 18 02:53:36 2007] : (276) Donovan: <.>
[Sun Mar 18 02:53:39 2007] : (276) Donovan: >.>
[Sun Mar 18 02:54:02 2007] : (276) Donovan: you know the old site that had the record of basically emails?
[Sun Mar 18 02:54:06 2007] : (276) Donovan: I read all those.
[Sun Mar 18 02:54:07 2007] : (282) Zane: I like to spend some time too. But sometimes a character grows in the beginning in a way you didn't really expect too.
[Sun Mar 18 02:54:23 2007] : (282) Zane: you mean the Yahoo group?
[Sun Mar 18 02:54:27 2007] : (276) Donovan: Yeah
[Sun Mar 18 02:54:30 2007] : (276) Donovan: ...
[Sun Mar 18 02:54:50 2007] : (276) Donovan: I didn't actually read all the logs, though, y'see?
[Sun Mar 18 02:54:55 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: I haven't updated the calendars in a while
[Sun Mar 18 02:55:15 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: it's not high on my list of priorities
[Sun Mar 18 02:55:21 2007] : (282) Zane: Ahh - that's the confession.
[Sun Mar 18 02:55:50 2007] : (282) Zane: I know Stan, I'm just using it as an example or plans, and to give you a hard time a little. :)
[Sun Mar 18 02:55:53 2007] : (276) Donovan: ...So that's sorta how I know that every log isn't strictly necessary. But it's nice to, for example, know who Drenla and Rhiann are
[Sun Mar 18 02:56:58 2007] : (282) Zane: True. Then for penance - you make the synopsis. :)
[Sun Mar 18 02:57:51 2007] : (269) Tektite: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Mar 18 02:57:52 2007] : (269) DJ (Ubuntu) (exit): 02:57
[Sun Mar 18 02:57:56 2007] : (276) Donovan: That's why I didn't want to say anything =P
[Sun Mar 18 02:58:10 2007] : (282) Zane: lol
[Sun Mar 18 02:58:48 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: I might do one up if I have some free time
[Sun Mar 18 02:59:13 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: it really doesn't start to move until you go to Castle Amber
[Sun Mar 18 02:59:24 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: Be good to go back over all the logs any ways so I can get my notes updated
[Sun Mar 18 02:59:32 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: it also doesn't get strange until after that scenario
[Sun Mar 18 02:59:35 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sun Mar 18 03:01:03 2007] : (282) Zane: you mean the blood coins aren't strange?
[Sun Mar 18 03:02:39 2007] : (282) Zane: Well - if that's all for tonight, I'm going to head out.
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:12 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: not strange as in time travel
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:18 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:21 2007] : (282) Zane: true....
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:22 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: I'll see you Monday
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:31 2007] : (282) Zane: see some of you Monday.
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:35 2007] : (282) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:36 2007] : (282) Zane (exit): 03:03
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:45 2007] : (283) TaliesinNYC: nite all
[Sun Mar 18 03:03:50 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Oh I had a question about stats for Saterday
[Sun Mar 18 03:06:03 2007] : (281) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): err Mondays game
[Sun Mar 18 03:06:06 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Mar 18 03:06:07 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms