Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: DavidDal


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Feb 03 22:03:21 2007] : (1) Zane (enter): 22:03

Sat Feb 03 22:03:21 2007] : (1) Zane (enter): 22:03
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:21 2007] : (2) Tanesh (enter): 22:03
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:21 2007] : (3) Lunauc (enter): 22:03
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:21 2007] : (5) Daelan (enter): 22:03
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:21 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:03
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:21 2007] : (6) Dj (Linuix) (enter): 22:03
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:21 2007] : (7) Donovan (enter): 22:03
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:28 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (9) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:33 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2) Tanesh...
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:39 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1) Zane...
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:42 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3) Lunauc...
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:44 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (5) Daelan...
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:47 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of LURKER to (4) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:56 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (4) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Feb 03 22:03:59 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (6) Dj (Linuix)...
[Sat Feb 03 22:04:02 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (7) Donovan...
[Sat Feb 03 22:04:08 2007] : (1) Zane: There he is. Yeah, we're all back.
[Sat Feb 03 22:04:18 2007] : (9) DM: (72) DM: While Thom is making breakfast, you spot your first glimpse of the famous bees. They really are as big as a horse....as in a young pony. A pair of worker bees buzz several hundred feet away over distinctive red flowers, 5' high.
** (60) Daelan returns to camp after scouting the area out," I saw Phonius leave just before sunup." **
** (93) Atross is awakened as others prepare, but spends some time to think through the recent events. **
(65) Thom: "I noticed he was gone, I'm glad that he made off on his own as opposed to those bees."
** (82) Arun woke up around the same time as Daelan, and spent the early morning walking restlessly around the fringes of the campsite. **
(65) Thom: "Be careful in scouting Daelan, we were warned about staying on the path."
(82) Arun: (afk)
(60) Daelan: " I am well aware of that Thom,you can hear them coming long before they are upon you."
(65) Thom: "Very well, I just wanted to remind you. If you are comfortable doing so, we do appreciate the scouting."
(82) Arun: (back)
(62) Morti: 0.o
(60) Daelan: " I shall not wander to far ahead,but I will scout."
(93) Atross: "I must say, I really wasn't expecting them to be so large."
(65) Thom: "Neither was I, but they appear to be more interested in the flower than us at least."
(72) DM: The forest opens up and you see a vast field of red flowers, each 5' high, with blossoms 6" or more in diameter. Giant hives are visible , never closer than 100 yards. Worker bees swarm in the fields and a change in the breeze brings a thick, cloying scent to you.
(62) Morti: "Of course they are. Bees aren't carnivores."
(60) Daelan: " I do not think any of us should stray from the path."
(62) Morti: "And I'm pretty sure if I shrink myself down to the size of a halfling I could ride one." :apparently hasn't given up on the idea yet.:
(65) Thom: "Bees we know Morti, you never know about things in a new world."
** (62) Morti nods to Thom. "Right, right... I'll ask the beekeeper first." **
(65) Thom: "Speaking of whom. Are we all ready to travel?"
(60) Daelan: " Morti were I you,I would look at the size of the stinger on them before attempting to ride one,they would impale you."
** (93) Atross gathers up his own bag again, "Ready here." **
(82) Arun: "I'm ready to move."
** (62) Morti stands, getting ready to leave, as he looks to Daelan: "I've been thinking on that, and I might have a solution. Bees, like many insects, communicate though smells. So... if I get a friendly scent on me, maybe they won't attack, and will take me as par tof the hive." **
(65) Thom: "Let's go then. Daelan, would you lead the way? Just in case the trail is not as easy as they claim, you would likely see it best."
(60) Daelan: " I would not do that if I were you Morti,even a subtle change in odors could either cause them to swarm or even attack."
(62) Morti: "I didn't say it was a simple idea. That's why I'd ask the beekeeper before trying such a thing."
(72) DM: The giant bees don't seem to pay you any attention.
(72) DM: As for the path, it meanders up the side of the mountain. You're able to make out a small compound of buildings near its summit.
(72) DM: Numerous hives dot the mountainside.
(65) Thom: "Guess that's our destination." Thom comments.
** (62) Morti walks the path behind Daelan's lead, watching the giant bees and their immense hives with interest, as he apparently converses with his cat on bee riding theories. **
** (82) Arun keeps an eye on the bees, not entirely convinced that they know to leave travellers alone **
** (65) Thom appears to me simply interested on reaching the summit, and their first goal. **
(60) Daelan: " I have never seen bees this size in my life,nor after today do I wish to do so ever again."
(65) Thom: (( *be, not me ))
(62) Morti: "I wonder if they have any other kinds of giant bugs around here." :ponders as he follows toward the buildings on the peak.:
(65) Thom: "Maybe that's why they defend the town so much. Although I doubt that's it."
(72) DM: When you reach the top of the trail, you're confronted by several figures, each wearing strange masks that appear to look like bees. Two soldier bees hover in the air flanking them. They're armed and waiting for you.
(72) DM: The lead figure appears to be a man of medium height with a powerful appearance, with black hair and a beard. He holds a spear in a defensive, if relaxed position.
(62) Morti: "Umm... hi." :holds up a hand in odd wave/salute, showing no apparent threat:
** (65) Thom steps forward, and keeps his hands from his weapons. "We seek the keeper of the bees." **
** (82) Arun places his hand on his weapons when he notices the armed figures, and watches them for hostile movements **
(72) The man: "You are speaking to him."
(72) The beekeeper: "What do you want?"
(65) Thom: "Ahh, well, uh. Sorry, I didn't expect you to be out here. Anyway, we are on a quest to seek a bronze container and free the one within it, he whose symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents, and we were told to seek the place of the bees. Any of this sound familiar?"
** (93) Atross lowers his bag down once they stop. **
(72) The beekeeper: "This is the place to come if you were told to follow the bees. But there are no bronze containers here, neither I nor my family know of any."
(72) DM: The other figures relax their positions yet do not lay down their weapons.
(72) The beekeeper: "Wings and serpents are meaningless to me."
(62) Morti: "Hmmm.... any strange goings on with your bees as of late at all?"
(72) The beekeeper: "No, not to my knowledge."
(65) Thom: "Of course, as they have been to everyone else as well."
(65) Thom: "Anyone think of anything that we forgot?" he asks the party.
(72) The beekeeper: "Perhaps it is a matter of symbols. What do bees symbolize? Industry. Creativity. Wealth. And what do those things call to mind?"
(62) Morti: "Uuuuhhh..."
(60) Daelan: " A town."
(62) Morti: "Huh?"
(72) DM: (Knowledge, anyone)
(65) Thom: "Yeah, so does that mean we have to go back to that little town we passed?"
(65) Thom: Knowledge: [1d20+1] => [16,1] = (17) => [15,1] => (15, 1) = (16)
(62) Morti: (knowledge what?))
(72) DM: (just a knowledge roll)
(60) Daelan: " I do not believe so Thom."
(62) Morti: Int check: [1d20+3] => [12,3] = (15) => [6,3] => (6, 3) = (9)
(93) Atross: Intelligence: [1d20+1] => [1,1] = (2) => [8,1] => (8, 1) = (9)
(82) Arun: Int check: [1d20+1] => [18,1] = (19) => [19,1] => (19, 1) = (20)
(93) Atross: "I'm curious about the birds, actually. With bronze wings?"
(62) Morti: (and for something bee related..))
(62) Morti: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [15,5] = (20) => [19,5] => (19, 5) = (24)
(65) Thom: "What about those cyclopses that were mentioned?"
(82) Arun: "That would make sense."
(72) The beekeeper: "Yes, exactly. And there is a citadel where the one-eyed giants live, on the eastern slopes of
Mount Cyllene."
(62) Morti: "Really? Guessing they don't like company though, right?"
(65) Thom: "Ahh, then that must be where we need to go."
(72) The beekeeper: "The journey there is perilous for the path overlooks the Stymphalian marsh and flights of the Birds to this part of the mountain are not uncommon. But hist! I am neglectful in my duties as a host. My bees have told me that your intentions are not harmfu. Be you welcome as my guests."
(82) Arun: "Could you point us in the direction of the citadel then?"
(65) Thom: "Thank you, we would be honored to join you for a moment."
(82) Arun: "We should not stay long. We were told time was essential."
(62) Morti: "You can talk to the bees?"
(65) Thom: "True Arun, but a moment would be fine. Besides, I would love to try some of this amazing honey we have heard about."
(72) The beekeeper: "But of course." (turns to lead the way into the compound)

[Sat Feb 03 22:05:13 2007] : ** (1) Thom nods to the beekeeper, and follows the man into the compound. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:05:47 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens follows **
[Sat Feb 03 22:06:02 2007] : ** (3) Morti hustles along to follow the strange man, pestering along the way, "What do bees talk about?" **
[Sat Feb 03 22:07:16 2007] : (9) The beekeeper: "Honey, flowers and mating of course."
[Sat Feb 03 22:07:19 2007] : ** (7) Atross follows the beekeeper inside. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:07:33 2007] : ** (5) Daelan follows the others,his eyes taking in everything he sees. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:07:53 2007] : (1) Thom: "You know, that doesn't sound so bad."
[Sat Feb 03 22:08:39 2007] : (3) Morti: "Sounds... tranquil... but boring." :keeps up with the man: "Can you talk them into letting someone ride them?" :smiles dumbly:
[Sat Feb 03 22:08:41 2007] : ** (2) Tanesh follows the group, paying more attention to the bees than the conversation **
[Sat Feb 03 22:08:55 2007] : (9) The beekeeper: "That would not be possible."
[Sat Feb 03 22:09:23 2007] : (3) Morti: "Aaaahhh... oh well.."
[Sat Feb 03 22:10:11 2007] : ** (5) Daelan shakes his head at the singlemindedness of Morti. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:10:24 2007] : ** (3) Morti slumps a bit, but perks back up quickly, "How many giant bees are here? Are there other giant insects? Do people farm them too?" **
[Sat Feb 03 22:11:28 2007] : ** (9) The beekeeper introduces the members of his family to you: Iole, his wife; Tereus, his elder son; Oeneus, his younger son; and Lycus, his brother and a priest of Potmos. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:12:18 2007] : ** (1) Thom greets them all in turn. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:12:55 2007] : (3) Morti: "I didn't know people worshipped pot moss.. or that moss grew on them that often." :speaks in Morti fashion, but happily greets the people:
[Sat Feb 03 22:13:05 2007] : (9) The beekeeper: "Quite a bit on our mountain. As for giant insects, there are stories of wasps the size of steeds from as far away as Thessalonique and mantises that are used as riding mounts but such are not common in this part of Greece."
[Sat Feb 03 22:13:41 2007] : (1) Thom: "It is nice to meet you all, we have not met the most friendly of people as of late. It is good to see that attitude is not everywhere."
[Sat Feb 03 22:13:51 2007] : (9) Lycus: "Potmos, child. The god of Fate." (smiles slightly)
[Sat Feb 03 22:14:20 2007] : (5) Daelan: " I did notice some Satyrs the other night."
[Sat Feb 03 22:15:08 2007] : (9) Iole: "You speak strangely and come from a far away land, yes?" (as she sets a platter of bread, cheese and fruit on a table)
[Sat Feb 03 22:15:42 2007] : ** (2) Arun nods to each of the beekeeper's family members in greeting, but seems to be avoiding eye contact with Lole **
[Sat Feb 03 22:16:17 2007] : (3) Morti: "Sorry.. I just kind of say whatever pops in my head sometimes. ":responding idly to the note of strange talk while scratching his head habitually:
[Sat Feb 03 22:16:23 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Yes we have traveled quite a distance."
[Sat Feb 03 22:16:36 2007] : (1) Thom: "Is it that obvious?" Thom smiles in an easy manner. "Yes, we do. We are passing through on a quest, and were invited to rest a moment here by your gracious husband."
[Sat Feb 03 22:17:23 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens takes some of the fruit **
[Sat Feb 03 22:17:55 2007] : (9) Iole: "It is not often that we receive visitors." (smiles warmly) "You are brave to set foot on our mountain, so close as it is to the marsh and its Birds."
[Sat Feb 03 22:18:28 2007] : (9) Lycus: "A quest? Do tell."
[Sat Feb 03 22:19:02 2007] : (1) Thom: "We were informed that as long as we kept to the path, it was safe enough. Of course, now it appears we will be travelling off the safe path after all."
[Sat Feb 03 22:20:06 2007] : ** (2) Arun removes his veil to eat some of the bread **
[Sat Feb 03 22:20:51 2007] : (9) Oeneus: "Safe, yes, so long as the Birds are not aflight as they were earlier this morning."
[Sat Feb 03 22:21:21 2007] : ** (9) Oeneus eats sparingly as he observes your group. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:21:52 2007] : ** (7) Atross snacks on some fruit while they talk. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:22:19 2007] : (1) Thom: "Yes, our quest." Thom begins, taking a little fruit. "We have been sent to seek the place of the bees, and then a bronze container that relates to he whose symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents." Thom pops a little fruit in his mouth, chewing it while that sinks in, and then adds, "After what your father said, it sounds like we are to next travel to meet with the cyclopses."
[Sat Feb 03 22:22:37 2007] : (9) Lycus: "Have you sought an oracle that you might resolve your quest, whatever it might be?"
[Sat Feb 03 22:22:56 2007] : (5) Daelan: " What can you tell us of these birds?"
[Sat Feb 03 22:23:46 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Feb 03 22:23:46 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): Does the symbol for medicine, the two snakes coiled around a rod with wings on top, have any meaning in this setting?
[Sat Feb 03 22:24:06 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: "They are denizens of the marsh of Stymphalos, and fearsome warriors. They possess wings tipped with bronze, beaks as sharp as spears and are known to foul water at the slightest touch. They are not to be trifled with."
[Sat Feb 03 22:24:42 2007] : (3) Morti: "Are there serpents in the marsh?"
[Sat Feb 03 22:25:03 2007] : (9) Tereus: "They are denizens of the marsh of Stymphalos, and fearsome warriors. They possess wings tipped with bronze, beaks as sharp as spears and are known to foul water at the slightest touch. They are not to be trifled with."
[Sat Feb 03 22:25:49 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Feb 03 22:25:49 2007] : (1) Zane: (whispering): Ok - oracles are known by that name in Andurin, right? I can't keep straight what I know, and what Thom knows at this point... :)
[Sat Feb 03 22:25:51 2007] : ** (9) TaliesinNYC looks at Morti. "Perhaps, most likely. But I have never heard of any winged serpents or serpents meeting with wings." **
[Sat Feb 03 22:26:01 2007] : ** (9) Tereus looks at Morti. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:26:20 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (this thing where the alias resets after a tab is created is really annoying)
[Sat Feb 03 22:26:21 2007] : (3) Morti: "No... but winged creatures and serpents might meet in th emarsh."
[Sat Feb 03 22:26:38 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: (( ya, I am working on a fix ))
[Sat Feb 03 22:26:48 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they're known by many names depending on where you are and what god you believe in
[Sat Feb 03 22:26:56 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Potmos is an Aspect of Oneiros if that matters
[Sat Feb 03 22:27:09 2007] : (1) Thom: "Yes Morti, but we need one who has a symbol of that, not just where it happens."
[Sat Feb 03 22:27:18 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a cadeceus
[Sat Feb 03 22:27:37 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it would but a certain point in history has not occurred yet
[Sat Feb 03 22:27:37 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): Ooh. that's Herme's symbol
[Sat Feb 03 22:27:45 2007] : (1) Zane: (whispering): I just wans't sure if Thom would know exactly what the role of an oracle was. That's ok, this will work. :)
[Sat Feb 03 22:27:57 2007] : (1) Thom: "An oracle? No, we have just arrived in the area. How exactly would using an oracle help?"
[Sat Feb 03 22:28:04 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): I suppose my character probably wouldn't know anything about that in any case though
[Sat Feb 03 22:28:19 2007] : (3) Morti: "But if he doesn't exist here yet, how could he have any symbol?"
[Sat Feb 03 22:28:54 2007] : (9) Lycus: "I know of one such oracle that might prove to be a boon...if you wish it."
[Sat Feb 03 22:29:04 2007] : ** (1) Thom shrugs at Morti. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:29:06 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "He exists, just not as he will. Maybe it is a House Symbol"
[Sat Feb 03 22:29:15 2007] : ** (9) Lycus glances carefully at the beekeeper who does not seem to have noticed as Lycus makes this comment. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:29:48 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "We would like that Lycus"
[Sat Feb 03 22:29:55 2007] : (1) Thom: "Well, how far to the oracle? Time is, as in most quests, a factor."
[Sat Feb 03 22:32:26 2007] : (9) Lycus: "It lies halfway between this place and the keep of the Aloeids, otherwise known as the cyclopses. A twisted gate of a silvery metal. Those who live within the gate offer the answers to any three questions that you may have provided you bring no instruments of music, no iron or fire. As I am not within a shrine, I cannot aid you but I can at least point you in a direction that might be of use."
[Sat Feb 03 22:33:16 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, yes its WoT, hush! lol
[Sat Feb 03 22:33:26 2007] : (7) Atross: "Has there been some kind of trouble in the region? The last village we passed by was vary wary with visitors."
[Sat Feb 03 22:33:43 2007] : (2) Arun: "Perfect. If we were going to investigate the theory that the prophecy wanted us to meet the cyclopses, that would be on our way."
[Sat Feb 03 22:34:16 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, WoT, Andurin and Earth are all the same thing actually. Jordan is on record as saying that the world of the Wheel is the same as Earth, except different. Andurin is the same, just an alternate reality.
[Sat Feb 03 22:34:46 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sat Feb 03 22:34:54 2007] : ** (1) Thom absentmindedly glances down slightly to the dagger on his belt before catching himself, "Yes Arun, we will take care with the warning of course, but we shall visit them." **
[Sat Feb 03 22:35:13 2007] : (3) Morti: "No music.. no iron.. no fire... " :thinks: "Magic fire count?"
[Sat Feb 03 22:35:57 2007] : (9) Tereus: "Sparta has declared war with Athenes. Much of Arcadie is filled with tension and outlanders are not welcome in many towns. This is why you seem particularly brave to have come here."
[Sat Feb 03 22:36:21 2007] : (9) Lycus: "Yes, it does." (to Morti)
[Sat Feb 03 22:36:38 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Feb 03 22:36:39 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): lol, I wasnt going to say anything.
[Sat Feb 03 22:36:45 2007] : (1) Thom: "Of course, but when a quest must be completed, it must - is that not so?"
[Sat Feb 03 22:37:11 2007] : (3) Morti: "Ah... I'll have to leave my viol- I mean lyre behind."
[Sat Feb 03 22:38:34 2007] : (5) Daelan: " I will stay outside a watch the items that will be left behind,while the rest of you speak to the oracle."
[Sat Feb 03 22:39:02 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "They answer questions freely or are we saposed to being some form of donation? The last prophet we spoke to to get answers sent us somewhere we did not want to be."
[Sat Feb 03 22:40:41 2007] : (9) Lycus: "They will answer any three questions, but you must be careful when dealing with them."
[Sat Feb 03 22:40:47 2007] : (1) Thom: "Sounds like an excellent plan Daelan." Thom steals a glance out the window, measuring the shadows. "I do think that it is about time we move on now. We thank you all for your hospitality, and for your guidance."
[Sat Feb 03 22:41:06 2007] : (2) Arun: "Are they untrustworthy?"
[Sat Feb 03 22:41:38 2007] : (9) Lycus: "They are not....human. Untrustworthy? That depends on your point of view. They are certainly not of this world."
[Sat Feb 03 22:42:03 2007] : (1) Zane: (whispering): He he, Thom is ready to get moving again now. :)
[Sat Feb 03 22:42:27 2007] : ** (9) The beekeeper chews silently. You notice that he has not removed his mask, though part of it remains open and allows him easy access to food and water. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:43:49 2007] : ** (1) Thom nods to Lycus, "Then we shall take care with them." Thom then turns to the beekeeper, "Would you smind showing us the way to the keep of the Aloeids?" **
[Sat Feb 03 22:44:31 2007] : (1) Zane: (whispering): From what we can see - he (the beekeeper) appears normal, yes?
[Sat Feb 03 22:45:31 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Feb 03 22:45:40 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): human, as far as you can determine
[Sat Feb 03 22:46:10 2007] : (1) Zane: (whispering): good enough for me, for now. :)
[Sat Feb 03 22:47:56 2007] : (9) The beekeeper: "There is a trail that bypasses their compound which is located on the eastern flank of the mountain. It is the fastest and most direct route but also the most perilous since there is little tree cover and has a chance to expose you to attacks by the Birds."
[Sat Feb 03 22:49:19 2007] : ** (1) Thom glances to the others to see if there are any complaints with the faster, but more dangerous, route. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:50:18 2007] : (7) Atross: "I assume you'd have no objections to us killing some of the birds."
[Sat Feb 03 22:50:21 2007] : ** (2) Arun nods his approval, and refastens his veil over his face, having finished eating his piece of bread some time ago **
[Sat Feb 03 22:50:31 2007] : (3) Morti: :shrugs: "I kinda wanted to see the birds anyway.. though being attacked..."
[Sat Feb 03 22:52:42 2007] : (5) Daelan: " As time is not in our favor,better we travel the faster road,even if it means being attacked by some birds,I am sure we will be more than a match for them if and when they show."
[Sat Feb 03 22:53:02 2007] : (3) Morti: "If you say so Dael."
[Sat Feb 03 22:53:12 2007] : (1) Thom: "Sounds like our path then." Thom stands from his seat and looks over the family, "Again, thank you for your hospitality, "Thom says with a slight bow, "but we do need to continue."
[Sat Feb 03 22:53:20 2007] : ** (9) The beekeeper eats some more. "The other route is a bit slower and will take you another day to traverse but leads directly to their compound. It runs about the north side of the mountain through some rugged wilderness. Giant animals are not uncommon in that area." **
[Sat Feb 03 22:54:03 2007] : (1) Thom: "An extra day? To the east it will be then."
[Sat Feb 03 22:54:32 2007] : ** (9) The beekeeper nods as Lycus blesses you, saying "The will of the gods bless you on your journey." **
[Sat Feb 03 22:55:49 2007] : ** (1) Thom nods in thanks to Lycus and begins to head out of the compound, following the way they entered. **
[Sat Feb 03 22:57:15 2007] : ** (2) Arun follows thom out **
[Sat Feb 03 22:57:16 2007] : ** (5) Daelan speaks under his breath,loud enough to be heard if someone is listening," Will of the gods be damned,I have yet to see anything beneficial come from them." **
[Sat Feb 03 22:57:32 2007] : ** (3) Morti sees thom leaving and moves to follow, stopping to bow politely to their hosts, "Thank you for your hospitality." **
[Sat Feb 03 22:57:52 2007] : ** (3) Morti then turns and follows the group **
[Sat Feb 03 22:58:49 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens follows the others out **
[Sat Feb 03 22:59:16 2007] : ** (6) Tektite nods to Lycus and follows Sevis out **
[Sat Feb 03 22:59:35 2007] : ** (1) Thom looks to Daelan once they have left. "So, a path to the east. Shall you lead?" **
[Sat Feb 03 22:59:55 2007] : ** (9) Tereus frowns as Daelan pronounces his exclamation but says nothing as he helps clear the table. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:00:31 2007] : ** (5) Daelan heads off to the East,keeping his eyes open for anything,his bow clutched tightly in his right hand. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:01:34 2007] : ** (1) Thom follows Daelan, resting his hands near his weapons, as he keeps half an eye on the elf to follow him, and most of his attention on the sky - watching for signs of the birds **
[Sat Feb 03 23:03:57 2007] : (9) Tereus: All seems to be relatively calm and peaceful as you depart the beekeeper's compound. However, a breeze from the southeast brings a whiff of the stench for which the marsh is named. It's enough to make you (almost) retch the contents of your light repast.
[Sat Feb 03 23:03:58 2007] : ** (5) Daelan speaks over his shoulder to Thom," If you seek the counsel of the oracle I would be careful,one does not give advise freely unless they want something in return,just be sure you are able to pay the price before you agree to the terms Thom." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:04:05 2007] : (9) DM: (oops)
[Sat Feb 03 23:05:10 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens wrinkles his nose and keeps trying not to gag **
[Sat Feb 03 23:05:25 2007] : (1) Thom: "I know Daelan, yet it is good advice. Since we are passing by, we might as well see if we can get anything worthwhile out of them. It might be best though if only two or three of us approached them."
[Sat Feb 03 23:06:46 2007] : ** (2) Arun tries to tighten his veil to help block the smell. "Perhaps we should decide what questions we want to ask before we arrive. Tereus said we only get three." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:07:30 2007] : ** (1) Thom coughs a little as he gets a whiff of the stench. "Well, it makes sense that the marsh smells like the Marsh Quarter of home." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:08:30 2007] : (3) Morti: (arun following us still?)
[Sat Feb 03 23:08:41 2007] : (1) Thom: "First, who has a symbol that is a meeting of wings and serpents."
[Sat Feb 03 23:09:01 2007] : (2) Arun: (yeah)
[Sat Feb 03 23:09:04 2007] : (1) Thom: "Other than that, I'm not sure."
[Sat Feb 03 23:09:39 2007] : (5) Daelan: z
[Sat Feb 03 23:10:00 2007] : (5) Daelan: " There is nothing I wish to know from them,so I shall remain outside."
[Sat Feb 03 23:10:33 2007] : (2) Arun: "I have a question in mind, but it doesn't pertain much to our current mission. But for the purposes of completing our quest, maybe 'where can we find the one who's symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents' would be better."
[Sat Feb 03 23:11:39 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Keep in mind they are not Edan either,so you more than likely will not get a straight answer,which is something I seem to find most oracles do not give."
[Sat Feb 03 23:11:41 2007] : (1) Thom: "No, find who first - and then we can also ask where exactly to find that person. In case we need to ask someone else later - since no one evens knows who we seek."
[Sat Feb 03 23:13:14 2007] : (5) Daelan: " But then again the beekeeper was not Edan either."
[Sat Feb 03 23:13:20 2007] : (2) Arun: "If I remember vrainos' words right, he said that this person is trapped in some sort of bronze container. So instead of looking for the person, wouldn't it make more sense to find the container?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:13:44 2007] : (2) Arun: "we don't need to know who we're looking for if we can just find the container
[Sat Feb 03 23:13:46 2007] : (1) Thom: "Would they not be one and the same?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:13:46 2007] : (2) Arun: "
[Sat Feb 03 23:13:59 2007] : (2) Arun: "Yes, but we would save a question that way."
[Sat Feb 03 23:14:07 2007] : ** (1) Thom looks at Daelan, "He wasn't?" **
[Sat Feb 03 23:14:39 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Of course not,did you not notice how he kept his face hidden by his mask.''
[Sat Feb 03 23:15:02 2007] : (7) Atross: "I'm not sure."
[Sat Feb 03 23:15:03 2007] : ** (2) Arun looks slightly convused "What is an Edan?" **
[Sat Feb 03 23:15:25 2007] : ** (1) Thom chuckles, "That's it? It proves little. Besides, what does it matter?" **
[Sat Feb 03 23:15:45 2007] : ** (5) Daelan smiles at Arun," It means Human." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:16:08 2007] : (1) Thom: "We may save a question, but unless we have a need for another question..."
[Sat Feb 03 23:16:16 2007] : (2) Arun: "Oh. His family looked quite human to me."
[Sat Feb 03 23:16:28 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Perhaps it comes from either being stung or eating alot of the honey the bees make,it changes one into a giant bee."
[Sat Feb 03 23:16:55 2007] : (1) Thom: "Besides, Morti always hides his face. Or, he did until he got here. Does that mean he's not a human?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:16:58 2007] : (9) DM: The treeline is quite dense in this area of the mountain. However you notice that the trail proceeds eastwards and eventually emerges out into the open. As the beekeeper's compound lies on the summit of Mount Cyllene, an overlook provides substantial views of your surroundings below. A stone spire can be seen some distance away, towards the eastern flank of the mountain. That presumably is the object of your journey.

A flash of light can be seen near the point where the trail emerges into the open. Whatever it is catches your eye if only for a brief second.

[Sat Feb 03 23:17:23 2007] : (3) Morti: :raises a brow to Thom: "Um... well.. technically.."
[Sat Feb 03 23:17:26 2007] : (2) Arun: "As I said, I have a question of my own that I wish to ask, but I can only do so if we find what we need with only two questions."
[Sat Feb 03 23:17:40 2007] : (5) Daelan: " No Morti is not Edan."
[Sat Feb 03 23:17:54 2007] : (1) Thom: "Close enough. Like I said - even if not technically, it doesn't really matter, does it?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:17:58 2007] : ** (5) Daelan stops as he notices the flash of light **
[Sat Feb 03 23:18:19 2007] : (3) Morti: "I am." :insists to Dael, though adds unsurely: "More or less..."
[Sat Feb 03 23:18:26 2007] : ** (1) Thom pauses to see what Daelan notices. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:18:44 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Feb 03 23:18:48 2007] : ** (2) Arun looks at Morti, echoing him "More or less?" **
[Sat Feb 03 23:18:49 2007] : Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.1...
[Sat Feb 03 23:18:55 2007] : ** (5) Daelan motions with his head in the direction of the flash," Metal flashing in the light,perhaps one of the birds." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:18:58 2007] : whispering to Daelan, flash of light on metal perhaps? Spot roll if you want
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:10 2007] : Locating server at adsl-68-20-20-1.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net:6774...
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:10 2007] : Game connected!
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:11 2007] : (820) TaliesinNYC (enter): 23:19
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:11 2007] : (736) Cassandra (enter): 23:19
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:11 2007] : (803) ... (enter): 23:19
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:11 2007] : (764) Yorphiu (enter): 23:19
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:11 2007] : (814) Thar (enter): 23:19
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:11 2007] : Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.1'.

The Tangled Web

We're glad you've found us and sincerely hope to become your home for hosting or playing in traditional pen and paper style roleplaying games with friends from around the world... all from the comfort of your own home. The Tangled Web provides a growing community of players from around the world who all share in common a love of roleplaying games such as the famous d20 systems, White Wolf, Gurps, and more.

Note: From now on, Tags of any sort are banned from this server. This includes tags denoting loyalty to a community, gaming group, setting, system, etc. If you refuse to remove your tag, you will be booted.

 

Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
What do you do? (click on your choice)
1) Enter the Cave
2) Run fast and far away

 


[Sat Feb 03 23:19:19 2007] : (7) Atross: "Hmm. Something metalic? Or that archway."
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:43 2007] : ** (2) Arun looks off into the distance where Daelan pointed **
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:47 2007] : (821) Minotaur (enter): 23:19
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:52 2007] : (821) Minotaur (exit): 23:19
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:53 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens looks in the direction of the flash, but turns back to watch where they are heading **
[Sat Feb 03 23:19:53 2007] : ** (3) Morti shakes his head to Arun: "It's complicated." Then he looks toward the flash that has the others alerted. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:20:07 2007] : ** (1) Thom draws out Ringrist, looking toward the spot Daelan indicated. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:20:34 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Feb 03 23:20:34 2007] : (5) Daelan: (whispering): Spot: [1d20+9] => [18,9] = (27)
[Sat Feb 03 23:20:41 2007] : whispering to Tanesh, not in the air but rather on the ground. it catches your eye for a brief second. whatever it is is about two to three hours away on foot. Spot roll if you want.
[Sat Feb 03 23:21:00 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a metal construct or seems to be metallic.
[Sat Feb 03 23:21:04 2007] : (2) Arun: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [6,0] = (6)
[Sat Feb 03 23:21:18 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): at this distance, its impossible to make out. about two or three hours away on foot.
[Sat Feb 03 23:21:29 2007] : (820) TaliesinNYC: hi folks
[Sat Feb 03 23:22:11 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): He asked for one this time
[Sat Feb 03 23:22:16 2007] : ** (5) Daelan narrows his eyes as he continues to view the area. " It appears to be something made out of metal,about two or three hours distance on foot." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:22:26 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Feb 03 23:22:27 2007] : Game disconnected!
[Sat Feb 03 23:22:41 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nyet comrade
[Sat Feb 03 23:23:18 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): How's that work? Right-clicking didn't send it through the whisper window
[Sat Feb 03 23:23:30 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): or do I just type it out?
[Sat Feb 03 23:24:18 2007] : ** (5) Daelan glances around,then continues moving Eastward once more. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:24:18 2007] : (1) Zane: "Oh, that far?" Thom starts to place Ringrist away, but then the look of it catches his eye. Thom stares at the blade for a moment. "Ringrist?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:24:18 2007] : (2) Tanesh: "No threat for now then. We'll worry about it when we're closer."
[Sat Feb 03 23:24:27 2007] : (1) Thom: "Oh, that far?" Thom starts to place Ringrist away, but then the look of it catches his eye. Thom stares at the blade for a moment. "Ringrist?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:24:34 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): Ah. K
[Sat Feb 03 23:25:23 2007] : ** (1) Thom shakes his head, "I guess it's just more of being transported to this place." he mutters as he resheathes the sword. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:25:43 2007] : ** (2) Arun continues walking again **
[Sat Feb 03 23:25:57 2007] : ** (1) Thom continues following Daelan. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:27:14 2007] : ** (5) Daelan moves along at a nice and steady trot,his eyes scanning the ground as he continues moving Eastward. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:27:19 2007] : ** (3) Morti continues along, asking Arun, "So.. why do you wear a mask... if I'm not offending you, that is?" **
[Sat Feb 03 23:27:57 2007] : ** (1) Thom keeps his eyes upwards - scanning the skies. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:29:10 2007] : (5) Daelan: " I have found one thing useful since our arrival here Thom."
[Sat Feb 03 23:29:21 2007] : (1) Thom: "What's that?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:29:52 2007] : ** (2) Arun pauses a moment before answering. "You aren't offending me. I wear a mask to conceal my face. There was a time when I was hunted, and it was dangerous to show my face. I suppose it has just become a habit." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:29:58 2007] : (5) Daelan: " No one here knows how to cover their tracks,so following someone or something is not hard for one such as myself."
[Sat Feb 03 23:30:21 2007] : (1) Thom: "Are we following some recent tracks now?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:30:42 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Recent? No not recent."
[Sat Feb 03 23:31:30 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what about Ringrist?
[Sat Feb 03 23:31:39 2007] : (1) Thom: "Ok. Maybe you'll find some signs of the cows having passed this way as well then."
[Sat Feb 03 23:32:08 2007] : (2) Arun: "And what about you, Morti? Your face was covered as well when we first met, wasn't it?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:32:17 2007] : (1) Zane: (whispering): Oh - I made it into a falcata sword, instead of a basic shortsword - since it is so special, I wanted a different look for it here. :)
[Sat Feb 03 23:32:29 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Perhaps Thom."
[Sat Feb 03 23:32:45 2007] : ** (3) Morti thinks something over a moment, before replying, "I.. was on the run from someone too. Though.. that wasn't why I had to cover my face." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:33:13 2007] : (3) Morti: ((actually he hasn't worn a mask the whole time he's been here. He's enjoying looking human while he can. ^_^ ))
[Sat Feb 03 23:33:38 2007] : (1) Thom: (( but Arun first met Morti in the temple on Andurin, where he did. ))
[Sat Feb 03 23:33:51 2007] : (2) Arun: ((Yep))
[Sat Feb 03 23:34:32 2007] : (3) Morti: ((oh.)
[Sat Feb 03 23:35:19 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Feb 03 23:35:42 2007] : (3) Morti: :takes a deep breath: "Let's just say... I don't always look this good." :so speaks the scrawny, pug-nosed, acne faced kid:
[Sat Feb 03 23:36:48 2007] : (1) Zane: (whispering): And that was the first time I had drawn it, so Thom hadn't seen the new look yet. Since Thom sort of skimmed over the entire new look of things here, I wanted to RP something of it.
[Sat Feb 03 23:37:47 2007] : (2) Arun: "Something to do with being only 'more or less' human?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:39:13 2007] : (3) Morti: :groans: "Yeah.. kind of."
[Sat Feb 03 23:39:13 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Feb 03 23:41:01 2007] : (3) Morti: "So.. why do you wear the mask here? with no one to see you?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:42:46 2007] : ** (2) Arun looks somewhat uncomfortable. "Well... The mask, it... I guess you could say it protects other people as much as it protects me." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:43:14 2007] : (3) Morti: "Hmmm?" :cocks his head aside quizzically:
[Sat Feb 03 23:44:37 2007] : (2) Arun: "I suppose I should be forthcoming about this to prevent accidents... I've been cursed. Great harm comes to anyone I touch."
[Sat Feb 03 23:45:04 2007] : (3) Morti: "Oh... I'm sorry to hear that." :takes a moment: "What kind of curse?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:45:41 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "That could come in handy if you fight the way I do."
[Sat Feb 03 23:46:27 2007] : ** (2) Arun frowns "It harms me as much as it harms anyone I touch. So no. Not exactly handy." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:47:07 2007] : (3) Morti: "Oh.. so you want to ask the oracle if there is a way to remove the curse, right?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:47:36 2007] : (2) Arun: "I do know of a way to remove it, but what I want to ask for is an alternative."
[Sat Feb 03 23:48:24 2007] : (3) Morti: "Oh. let me guess. only removes in death or something?"
[Sat Feb 03 23:48:47 2007] : ** (2) Arun says vaguely "Worse." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:49:32 2007] : (3) Morti: "Then I guess an alternative is the way to go. Good luck."
[Sat Feb 03 23:50:51 2007] : (5) Daelan: (whispering): let me know when we get about an hour away from the shiny thing I saw.
[Sat Feb 03 23:51:16 2007] : ** (5) Daelan continues to move at a steady pace,hoping the others can keep up with him. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:51:46 2007] : ** (1) Thom jogs along behind Daelan. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:51:54 2007] : ** (2) Arun doesn't seem to have any trouble keeping up **
[Sat Feb 03 23:52:19 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens walks along at what appears to be a leisurely pace, but keeping up with ease **
[Sat Feb 03 23:52:33 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Feb 03 23:52:39 2007] : (5) Daelan: " For once it seems nice to be able to travel at a decent pace and not have to worry about Edan or other such creatures Thom."
[Sat Feb 03 23:52:48 2007] : ** (7) Atross keeps up the pace. **
[Sat Feb 03 23:54:03 2007] : (1) Thom: "Well, I doubt this is a pace the some of us could keep for too long, but it's not so bad yet. And we do need to keep moving."
[Sat Feb 03 23:56:12 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Well with years of training we Quessir can keep up this steady pace for most of the day and not grow weary."
[Sat Feb 03 23:57:02 2007] : (7) Atross: "With years of training."
[Sat Feb 03 23:57:58 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Yes it is not something one can not do easily without training Atross."
[Sat Feb 03 23:57:59 2007] : ** (1) Thom glances back at the rest of the group, "Well, looks like Sevis could keep up with you and yours rather well. Me, I never needed to travel very far fast inside of Highkeep. I guess my running training was more of sprints." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:58:25 2007] : (2) Arun: "To be honest, this pace is much slower than what I'm used to."
[Sat Feb 03 23:58:49 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens shrugs "I am slowing my pace so as to stay with the rest of you." **
[Sat Feb 03 23:58:54 2007] : (2) Arun: ((70ft movement rate :D))
[Sat Feb 03 23:58:55 2007] : (5) Daelan: " To travel faster Arun one misses things that one needs to see."
[Sat Feb 03 23:59:01 2007] : (3) Morti: "Sorryy. I have short legs.."
[Sat Feb 03 23:59:42 2007] : (1) Thom: "It's ok Morti. I think you are I will be the ones to make the rest of them stop eventually, just so we can catch our breath."
[Sat Feb 03 23:59:47 2007] : (6) Tektite: "So do I, I am having to jog to keep up!"

[Sun Feb 04 00:00:21 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): one hour
[Sun Feb 04 00:00:22 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Feb 04 00:01:21 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sun Feb 04 00:01:24 2007] : ** (5) Daelan begins to slow his pace then he comes to a stop as he scans the area around him. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:01:32 2007] : (3) Morti: :to tekite: "Maybe your master could carry you, since he's going so strong."
[Sun Feb 04 00:01:49 2007] : (5) Daelan: " We are closer to the area that I saw a few hours ago."
[Sun Feb 04 00:01:55 2007] : (6) Tektite: "I think not!"
[Sun Feb 04 00:02:23 2007] : ** (1) Thom slows down as Daelan does, although his breathing is still at a slightly faster rate. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:03:15 2007] : (3) Morti: "Hmmm? why not? Moiraine rides on me." :points to the kitten on his shoulder:
[Sun Feb 04 00:03:23 2007] : (5) Daelan: (whispering): do I see the area that was shining like before?
[Sun Feb 04 00:04:34 2007] : ** (1) Thom stops behind Daelan, one hand on his hip, the other on a sheathed Ringrist. He looks around, but trusts that Daelan's eyes will spot anything before he will. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:04:47 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Feb 04 00:04:57 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a twisted metallic arch
[Sun Feb 04 00:05:19 2007] : (2) Arun: "See anything?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:05:51 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Yes a twisted metalic arch,that is what we were looking for correct,the place of the oracle."
[Sun Feb 04 00:06:33 2007] : (2) Arun: "Good. We should push on then. Anyone who needs rest can do it when we arrive."
[Sun Feb 04 00:06:36 2007] : (1) Thom: "Ok, then let's wait here a moment."
[Sun Feb 04 00:07:33 2007] : ** (5) Daelan looks up at the morning sky," We should get there just before the midday if we keep up at this pace.'' **
[Sun Feb 04 00:08:54 2007] : (13) Zane (enter): 00:08
[Sun Feb 04 00:08:56 2007] : ** (2) Arun shrugs and looks for a spot to sit down. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:09:08 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (13) Zane...
[Sun Feb 04 00:09:11 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1) Zane' from room...
[Sun Feb 04 00:09:12 2007] : (1) Zane (exit): 00:09
[Sun Feb 04 00:09:53 2007] : (13) Thom: "We need to figure out who is going, and what we will ask - assuming the price for the questions is not too high."
[Sun Feb 04 00:10:39 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Well I am not entering,nor do I wish to ask any questions,so there is one you do not have to worry about Thom."
[Sun Feb 04 00:11:49 2007] : (9) DM: The stench seems to have gone away....or perhaps you've gotten used to it.
[Sun Feb 04 00:13:08 2007] : (13) Zane: "very well. I think if only two or three approach, it would be best. Arun, I know you have interest. Sevis, how about it, since you don't have any metal or fire anyway? Anyone else?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:13:14 2007] : (13) Thom: "very well. I think if only two or three approach, it would be best. Arun, I know you have interest. Sevis, how about it, since you don't have any metal or fire anyway? Anyone else?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:13:40 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "I am fine with going in."
[Sun Feb 04 00:14:02 2007] : (7) Donovan: "I'd better stay outside."
[Sun Feb 04 00:14:14 2007] : (7) Atross: "I'd better stay outside. I have both iron and fire with me anyway."
[Sun Feb 04 00:14:28 2007] : (3) Morti: "Well.. I do kind of want to see what the oracle is like."
[Sun Feb 04 00:14:47 2007] : (13) Thom: "I wouldn't mind going, but I would have to leave many of my items here, which is not a comfortable idea to me."
[Sun Feb 04 00:15:36 2007] : (5) Daelan: " The only thing I would have to leave outside would be my bow,and it has never left my hand since it was given to me."
[Sun Feb 04 00:15:53 2007] : (13) Thom: "Very well. Arun, Sevis, and Morti. So, you all know what we need to know. Arun shall have one question for his use, that leaves two to figure out how to finish the quest and get home."
[Sun Feb 04 00:16:13 2007] : (9) DM: Eventually you reach the place where you saw the arch.

A twisted metallic archway stands in the center of a clearing with strange spiralled yellow columns flanking it.

A soft light glows from spheres atop coiled strands of some white metal. Not silver, the shine was too dull for that. And no hintof what made the glow. The spheres simply shine.

There seems to be a heavy scent in the air...sharp and dry and not particularly pleasant.

[Sun Feb 04 00:16:51 2007] : (5) Daelan: (whispering): do I recognize the smell?
[Sun Feb 04 00:16:52 2007] : (9) Voice: "A long time."
[Sun Feb 04 00:17:16 2007] : (9) DM: The speaker...whomever it is, has a particularly breathy voice.
[Sun Feb 04 00:17:24 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Feb 04 00:17:34 2007] : ** (5) Daelan moves away from the archway,his hand inches away from his quiver **
[Sun Feb 04 00:17:48 2007] : ** (13) Thom stops at the sound of the voice - not wanting to get any closer with his metal. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:17:56 2007] : ** (2) Arun places his hands on the hilts of his weapons, looking for the source of the words **
[Sun Feb 04 00:18:01 2007] : (6) Tektite: "I will remain out here with the rest of you."
[Sun Feb 04 00:18:02 2007] : ** (3) Morti is sure to leave his lyre and iron items behind, along with his staff, in case the continual flame on it counts as fire. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:19:15 2007] : (9) Voice: "A long time, yet the seekers come again for answers. The questioners come once more. You have brought no lamps, no torches, as the agreement once was, and is, and forever shall be. You have no iron? No instruments of music?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:19:15 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "So we are asking where we can find the one with the symbols of the serpent and wings, or the bronze container we need right?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:19:42 2007] : (9) DM: A figure steps out from behind the column. Tall, barefoot, arms and legs and body wound in some sort of layered yellow cloth. He (and you're sure it's a he) doesn't seem human. Too graceful but far too thin for its height, with a narrow, elongated face. His skin and even his straight black hair catches the light in a way that reminds you of snake scales. His pupils are black, vertical slits. No, definitely not human.
[Sun Feb 04 00:19:55 2007] : ** (13) Thom looks to the three that will process, and nods. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:20:39 2007] : (9) The man: "Iron. Instruments of music. You have none?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:20:50 2007] : ** (2) Arun quickly begins dropping anything metal, including the chain around his arm, his swords, and half a dozen daggers. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:21:07 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "I have none of that."
[Sun Feb 04 00:21:10 2007] : (3) Morti: "Nope.. leaving them all behind." :smiles to the odd figure:
[Sun Feb 04 00:21:47 2007] : ** (13) Thom collects Morti's and Arun's items and is sure to back off with them, closer to Daelan and Atross. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:21:50 2007] : ** (2) Arun steps forward once he's relieved himself of his metallic gear **
[Sun Feb 04 00:22:04 2007] : ** (9) The man looks at you and smiles slightly. He doesn't show any teeth and instead beckons to you with a long fingered hand. "Come. Follow. According to the agreement. Follow." **
[Sun Feb 04 00:22:47 2007] : ** (5) Daelan narrows his eyes as his left hand touches the top of his quiver,his fingers moving slightly as if ready to draw an arrow." Make sure they are returned to us in the same way they enter." **
[Sun Feb 04 00:23:20 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens follows the man thing **
[Sun Feb 04 00:23:29 2007] : ** (9) The man says nothing and instead waits. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:23:57 2007] : ** (3) Morti hustles to follow, staring curiously at the alien figure **
[Sun Feb 04 00:24:00 2007] : ** (2) Arun takes a few steps forward, waiting for the man to lead **
[Sun Feb 04 00:24:05 2007] : ** (9) The man turns and enters the arch which shimmers briefly as the man-thing enters. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:24:05 2007] : ** (13) Thom holds a hand up to Daelan, making sure he waits. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:24:19 2007] : ** (2) Arun steps through the archway **
[Sun Feb 04 00:24:53 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens enters the arch and looks around getting his barrings **
[Sun Feb 04 00:24:54 2007] : (5) Daelan: " I do not like this Thom,something does not seem right."
[Sun Feb 04 00:24:57 2007] : (9) DM: A gray field forms beneath the arch. Hallways can be seen within that remind you of the time spent within the Focus of Yvvivor.
[Sun Feb 04 00:25:41 2007] : (13) Thom: "Neither do I exactly, but I think that we need to try this."
[Sun Feb 04 00:25:51 2007] : (3) Morti: "Wow.." :the young mage looks about, impressed by the scene as he follows their guest.:
[Sun Feb 04 00:25:52 2007] : (9) DM: To those of you outside, the gray field clears and you can see your companions with the guide. You can even hear them, but they cannot hear or see or interact with you in any manner.
[Sun Feb 04 00:26:23 2007] : (5) Daelan: " They did not ask the price before entering,let us hope they can pay it now that they have entered."
[Sun Feb 04 00:26:58 2007] : (13) Thom: "At least we should be able to see if there is any trouble."
[Sun Feb 04 00:27:01 2007] : (9) DM: To those of you with the guide, he leads you down a long tiled corridor that seems at once familiar and unfamiliar, as if you have been here before...except of course, you have not.
[Sun Feb 04 00:27:15 2007] : ** (2) Arun studies the area around him, clearly somewhat unsettled by the sudden change in scene **
[Sun Feb 04 00:28:36 2007] : (9) DM: The halls are carved, the doorways rounded, windows perfect circles. Tilework made spirals and sinuous lines, and what seemed to be bronze metalwork set in the ceiling at odd intervals was all complicated scrolls. There are no pictures of anything, no paintings, no wall hangings. Only patterns and always curves.
[Sun Feb 04 00:29:07 2007] : ** (9) The guide says nothing and instead leads you inward. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:29:30 2007] : ** (2) Arun quietly follows the guide **
[Sun Feb 04 00:29:31 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens just follows along quietly **
[Sun Feb 04 00:30:54 2007] : (9) The guide: "Here." (gestures to a rounded doorway twice the size of any you have seen before) "Here your answers may be found. Enter one at a time and ask."
[Sun Feb 04 00:31:20 2007] : (9) The guide: "Each of you, three answers to three questions. Each of you, enter one at a time and ask."
[Sun Feb 04 00:31:23 2007] : ** (2) Arun looks to the others, unsure who should go first **
[Sun Feb 04 00:31:37 2007] : ** (9) The guide breathes deeply, sniffing the air almost compulsively. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:31:51 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens enters first **
[Sun Feb 04 00:32:24 2007] : ** (3) Morti looks to the tall figure: "So, you're notthe oracle then?" **
[Sun Feb 04 00:32:30 2007] : (9) DM: Beyond the door is a round room, with spiraling floor tiles in red and white under a domed ceiling. There are no columns or furnishings of any kind save for three coiled pedestals around the heart of the floor's spirals. There seems to be no way to climb atop the pedestals, yet you see a man like your guide sitting cross-legged atop one of them, only wrapped in layers of red. The figures flanking him seem to be women. All have deep, penetrating stares and all breath deeply on seeing you, as if panting.
[Sun Feb 04 00:32:53 2007] : (9) The guide: "Beyond is the oracle." (smiles slightly without showing any teeth)
[Sun Feb 04 00:33:04 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens pauses right before crossing the door "I will ask about the symbol, Morti you can ask about the container" **
[Sun Feb 04 00:33:26 2007] : (3) Morti: "Oh..." :unaware the oracle is the same species: "Then what are you?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:33:51 2007] : (9) DM: All three of them had the breathy voice of the guide, almost indistinguishable in fact, and the harsh way of pronouncing words. They spoke in unison to Sevis, and the words might as well have come from one mouth. "Enter and ask, according to the agreement of old."
[Sun Feb 04 00:34:33 2007] : (3) Morti: :glances to Sevis: "I thought we were just asking where the one who has theat symbol is trapped.. like, where is the container trapping the god who's symbol is a winged serpent.. or something?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:34:38 2007] : (9) The guide: "A guide."
[Sun Feb 04 00:34:55 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens nods and enters the room fully and sits cross legged before the pillars **
[Sun Feb 04 00:34:59 2007] : (9) DM: Again the smile. It's as if he's surveying a piece of meat.
[Sun Feb 04 00:35:18 2007] : (9) The man: "It has been long."
[Sun Feb 04 00:35:29 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "Very long."
[Sun Feb 04 00:35:44 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "Longer for me then for you I am sure."
[Sun Feb 04 00:35:45 2007] : (3) Morti: :looks back to the guide and nods, in apparent understanding: "You really need a guide to just walk this far?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:35:48 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "Yet they come once again. Ask and be answered."
[Sun Feb 04 00:36:16 2007] : ** (9) The guide shrugs and inhales deeply. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:36:20 2007] : (13) Thom: (( can those us outside still see and hear everything? ))
[Sun Feb 04 00:36:33 2007] : (9) DM: ((yep, just can't interact))
[Sun Feb 04 00:36:49 2007] : (3) Morti: "Do you get paid for this?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:37:01 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "Where can we find the one who's symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:37:18 2007] : (3) Morti: "Oh.. are we supposed to offer a gratuity, like baggage handlers in upscale inns?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:37:42 2007] : ** (9) The guide says nothing, but stares at Morti, pupils expressionless. After a moment, he shakes his head with a slightly amused expression on his face. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:37:44 2007] : (16) Donovan (enter): 00:37
[Sun Feb 04 00:37:48 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (16) Donovan...
[Sun Feb 04 00:37:50 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(7) Donovan' from room...
[Sun Feb 04 00:37:51 2007] : (7) Donovan (exit): 00:37
[Sun Feb 04 00:38:58 2007] : (9) DM: Three sets of slitted eyes lift from Sevis and study the air above him for a second, then return to face the Averoignian.
[Sun Feb 04 00:39:12 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "You must go to the citadel of the Aloeids."
[Sun Feb 04 00:39:53 2007] : ** (9) The guide doesn't seem to hear you but instead focuses on the proceedings inside. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:40:43 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "Is the power I recently discoved within myself the male half of The One Power, saidin?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:41:50 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "It is a power, the power of the self, the power of the twelfth, the power of the One who was lost and is now found."
[Sun Feb 04 00:41:56 2007] : (3) Morti: :raises a brow and asks the guide: "Do we each get three questions? Or just three questions for all of us?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:42:42 2007] : (13) Thom: (( quick smoke break ))
[Sun Feb 04 00:42:54 2007] : (9) The guide: "You receive three questions for each of you, according to the agreement of old. For each who enters, three may be asked but all must be asked at once and a questioner may not enter again."
[Sun Feb 04 00:43:53 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens ponders his next question for a few moments **
[Sun Feb 04 00:44:44 2007] : (3) Morti: "Oh." :nods and thinks a second: "Can they only be questions about this world and time? Or can the oracle see the future of other worlds?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:44:45 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): tell the others the questions can be of anything in the campaign
[Sun Feb 04 00:44:45 2007] : 1 Unknown!
[Sun Feb 04 00:45:12 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): tell the others in GW (if you're in there) that the questions can be of anything in the campaign, not just this scenario
[Sun Feb 04 00:45:47 2007] : (9) The guide: "It is good that you have not faced the oracle yet. The questions may be of any thing your heart desires."
[Sun Feb 04 00:47:20 2007] : (3) Morti: "Hmm... anything, huh?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:47:33 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: (( sorry looking at my notes ))
[Sun Feb 04 00:47:35 2007] : (5) Daelan: (whispering): ok,but that is kinda like cheating isn't it? since I can not interact with those asking the questions,telling them in whisper is cheating.
[Sun Feb 04 00:47:48 2007] : ** (3) Morti takes a seat crosslegged on the floor, in contemplation, petting moiraine in his lap. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:49:07 2007] : ** (3) Morti manages silence for all of twenty seconds, before glancing back up to the tall figure to add, "Oh, I'm sorry. I never introduced myself properly. I am Magu Mortimer Boyle. Do you have a name?" **
[Sun Feb 04 00:49:15 2007] : ** (13) Thom looks at those that remained outside. "Three questions each? Maybe I will enter then, if need be." **
[Sun Feb 04 00:50:36 2007] : (5) Daelan: " That is up to you Thom,just remember nothing is ever given freely,there has to be a price,so far we do not know what the price is."
[Sun Feb 04 00:50:45 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it is cheating technically
[Sun Feb 04 00:50:47 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "I guess I should have asked this before asking my questions, but is there an expected donation for these questions?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:51:04 2007] : ** (13) Thom nods to Daelan. **
[Sun Feb 04 00:51:25 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but I'm allowing it because that may not have been apparent from the getgo and in a campaign of this size, there are lots of details that get lost in the mix
[Sun Feb 04 00:51:40 2007] : (5) Daelan: (whispering): well I am one of the few that do not whisper when I am not involved in something,kinda keeps me honest.
[Sun Feb 04 00:52:01 2007] : (9) The guide: "Names are powerful things." (smiles slightly, not showing teeth)
[Sun Feb 04 00:52:28 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Well seems the answers are not as cryptic as the others we have recieved in the past Thom."
[Sun Feb 04 00:52:53 2007] : (13) Thom: "Honestly, that worries me even more."
[Sun Feb 04 00:52:56 2007] : (3) Morti: "Sorry. I would not dare ask your true name. But doesn't everyone have a family name or a nickname?"
[Sun Feb 04 00:52:57 2007] : ** (9) The man breathes deeply and smiles, without showing teeth. "Your presence is payment enough. Now it is time for you to leave." **
[Sun Feb 04 00:53:27 2007] : (9) The guide: "You would not be able to pronounce it." (smiles again)
[Sun Feb 04 00:53:43 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Feb 04 00:54:00 2007] : ** (2) Arun looks surprised at Morti's title "You're a magus?" **
[Sun Feb 04 00:54:10 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens shugs and stands to leave **
[Sun Feb 04 00:54:40 2007] : (5) Daelan: (whispering): besides I have managed to follow the games plot,even when there are things that I do not know of.
[Sun Feb 04 00:54:55 2007] : ** (3) Morti looks over and nods to Arun, before glancing back to the guide. "If I transform myself I might be able to." **
[Sun Feb 04 00:54:57 2007] : (9) The man: "Choose one amongst your companions to enter."
[Sun Feb 04 00:55:06 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Feb 04 00:56:06 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "Remember Morti atleast ask about the container."
[Sun Feb 04 00:56:44 2007] : (3) Morti: "Huh?" :looks into the room toward Sevis: "You better let Arun go first. I'm still trying to think what else to ask."
[Sun Feb 04 00:58:44 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens shrugs and sits down to wait for the next person to enter and ask his questions **
[Sun Feb 04 00:59:00 2007] : ** (2) Arun steps into the room, approaching the three pillars **
[Sun Feb 04 00:59:11 2007] : (9) The man: "He is another."
[Sun Feb 04 00:59:26 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "The savor of him." (sniffs deeply)
[Sun Feb 04 00:59:48 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "It has been so very long. Ask and be answered."
[Sun Feb 04 01:00:40 2007] : ** (2) Arun thinks for a moment before asking his first question. "What must I do to be rid of my curse, without causing harm to innocents?" **
[Sun Feb 04 01:00:46 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): was I able to hear Moti talking to the guide while I was asking my questions?
[Sun Feb 04 01:00:48 2007] : ** (5) Daelan looks over at Thom," It seems almost as if they are waiting for the right one of us to enter." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:01:15 2007] : (9) The man: "You must defeat Death in single combat."
[Sun Feb 04 01:01:25 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Feb 04 01:01:33 2007] : (13) Thom: "Maybe. This is definately not what I expected, but so far so good."
[Sun Feb 04 01:01:52 2007] : ** (2) Arun groans, clearly not happy with the answer. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:02:42 2007] : (2) Arun: "Specifically, what must we do to free the one who's symol is the meeting of wings and serpents from his container?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:04:26 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "You must answer a riddle and break a silence."
[Sun Feb 04 01:04:36 2007] : (5) Daelan: " They smell everyone who enters to ask the questions,something tells me one of us is what they are looking for,and I do not think it will be a good thing when we find out whom it is they are seeking,they keep saying it has been a long time,perhaps they mean since they have eaten Thom."
[Sun Feb 04 01:06:16 2007] : (13) Thom: "Well, let's be safe. I think we have all that we absolutly need." Thom stands and calls out down to where Morti and Sevis wait ((because, he doesn't know that those inside can't hear him)), and yells, "Morti, Let's go when Arun is done."
[Sun Feb 04 01:06:38 2007] : (9) DM: They don't seem to hear you.
[Sun Feb 04 01:07:10 2007] : (2) Arun: "What must I do to challange death to single combat?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:07:35 2007] : (3) Morti: :looks up to the guard once more: "What if I tried to ask a being's true name.. could the oracle answer?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:07:37 2007] : ** (13) Thom looks at the lack of response, then at Daelan, then back to Morti. "Morti!" **
[Sun Feb 04 01:08:22 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "One amongst you shall enter a house of cards. To him much is given. Much is expected in return."
[Sun Feb 04 01:08:31 2007] : (5) Daelan: " See Thom,told you it was not wise to let all of them to enter,guess we wait until or if they get to leave.''
[Sun Feb 04 01:08:45 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Feb 04 01:08:45 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): You and your 'house of cards'>
[Sun Feb 04 01:09:12 2007] : ** (13) Thom begins to respond to Daelan, but stops in mid motion at the woman's response to Arun. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:09:15 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: "Now it is time for you to go. Your companion may enter."
[Sun Feb 04 01:09:38 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "Now it is time for you to go. Your companion may enter."
[Sun Feb 04 01:09:45 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Feb 04 01:09:46 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): :)
[Sun Feb 04 01:09:47 2007] : ** (2) Arun leaves the room, making a gesture for Morti to enter as he leaves **
[Sun Feb 04 01:10:22 2007] : (9) The guide: "Perhaps."
[Sun Feb 04 01:10:30 2007] : ** (3) Morti doesn't notice gesturing, as he's staring up at the guide again. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:10:48 2007] : ** (13) Thom stands there, obviously conflicted about what to do next. "Then we wait, and be prepared to enter if we are needed." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:11:16 2007] : ** (13) Thom draws out Ringrist, getting a better feel for the blade's new shape. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:11:33 2007] : (9) DM: It's not the same sword as before, but a falchata.
[Sun Feb 04 01:11:36 2007] : (3) Morti: "If he doesn't answer, does it count as a question?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:11:38 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): Does Ringrist glow?
[Sun Feb 04 01:11:55 2007] : (9) The guide: "It is your turn if you choose to enter, seeker."
[Sun Feb 04 01:12:00 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Feb 04 01:12:26 2007] : (3) Morti: "Huh?" :finally looks into the room: "Oh. Sorry."
[Sun Feb 04 01:12:57 2007] : ** (3) Morti stands and gives the guide a polite bow before entering the oracle's chamber, kitten in hand. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:13:01 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): would a Knowledge Planes check tell me anything about the snakes?
[Sun Feb 04 01:13:02 2007] : ** (13) Thom looks at Ringrist and visibly relaxes. "Maybe the strangeness of this place is just affecting me." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:13:11 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Let us hope we are not needed,for I do not think we will be able to enter with our weapons Thom."
[Sun Feb 04 01:13:30 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): maybe
[Sun Feb 04 01:13:48 2007] : (13) Thom: "Let's hope."
[Sun Feb 04 01:14:31 2007] : ** (2) Arun leans against a wall, near the door, in deep thought **
[Sun Feb 04 01:14:41 2007] : (9) The man: "It has been long." (breathes deeply)
[Sun Feb 04 01:14:45 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): Knowledge Planes check [1d20+2] => [16,2] = (18)
[Sun Feb 04 01:14:45 2007] : ** (3) Morti comes before the oracle, bowing respectfully, "Thank you, for recieving me." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:14:55 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "He has been foretold." (breathes deeply)
[Sun Feb 04 01:15:10 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "Ask and be answered, O Seeker." (breathes deeply)
[Sun Feb 04 01:15:19 2007] : (3) Morti: "Long since what?" :asks before thinking, and quickly slaps hanfd to mouth:
[Sun Feb 04 01:15:26 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the Aelfinn
[Sun Feb 04 01:15:31 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): use Wikipedia if you need to
[Sun Feb 04 01:16:17 2007] : (9) The man: "It has been long since we have had a ta'veren come before us in search of answers."
[Sun Feb 04 01:16:59 2007] : (3) Morti: "Oh.. I didn't even know I was one."
[Sun Feb 04 01:17:10 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): I know what they are, it was just OOC info, just wanted to see if Sevis would know about their feeding on memories
[Sun Feb 04 01:17:23 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he suspects
[Sun Feb 04 01:17:30 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they're feeding on your fears actually
[Sun Feb 04 01:18:19 2007] : (3) Morti: "Right .. questions..." :getting back on track: "The container entrapping the god we seek to free, what guards it, in the way of men, monsters, magicks and machinations?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:18:46 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ahh
[Sun Feb 04 01:18:54 2007] : (3) Morti: ((the 4 M's of Mayhem)
[Sun Feb 04 01:19:44 2007] : (9) DM: The woman on the right stares at you for a brief second before answering.
[Sun Feb 04 01:20:25 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens turns to the guide "You seem to be feeding off something you get from us being here, is it our memories?" **
[Sun Feb 04 01:20:53 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "Silenus, the Lord of Satyrs follows you from afar that he may seek the thief of Apollo's cattle. Defeat him and his minions and answer a riddle from a sphinx."
[Sun Feb 04 01:21:58 2007] : ** (3) Morti nods. "That sounds fair. Though I feel kind of bad attacking a fat guy unprovoked." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:22:23 2007] : ** (9) The guide smiles slightly without showing any teeth. "Payment is required for your questions to be answered, Seeker. We have set the price. The price has been paid." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:22:31 2007] : (3) Morti: "Though I really do feel bad for that poor mount."
[Sun Feb 04 01:23:15 2007] : (3) Morti: "Hmmm..." :me rolls his head back, trying to consider any other quest questions they need answered
[Sun Feb 04 01:23:24 2007] : ** (9) The woman on the left waits as she stares above Morti's head for a moment and then returns to gaze on him. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:24:04 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "Fair enough, would be nice to know the full terms of the past agreement."
[Sun Feb 04 01:24:21 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): Is dr. pepper a real doctor?
[Sun Feb 04 01:24:26 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Feb 04 01:24:50 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): I feel so decieved
[Sun Feb 04 01:24:58 2007] : (3) Morti: :smiles: "Could you tell me the answer to the riddle?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:29:14 2007] : ** (5) Daelan looks over at Thom," Morti is an odd one,he asks for answers he knows will not be given,better had he asked how to kill the birds." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:30:21 2007] : (3) Morti: :watching their silence: "If that is a taboo question, I can ask something else instead."
[Sun Feb 04 01:30:26 2007] : (13) Thom: "Who is to say the answer could not be given? Maybe it could. As far as the birds - they are birds. We kill them with steel, with bows, and with magic - if need be."
[Sun Feb 04 01:31:44 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Tis a different time for us Thom,some things may not be killed as easily as they would be in our time."
[Sun Feb 04 01:31:56 2007] : ** (9) The woman on the left smiles slightly, not showing any teeth as she breathes deeply. "At night, when the sun is beneath the feet of every man, whoever he is." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:32:04 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ?
[Sun Feb 04 01:32:26 2007] : (3) Morti: "Huh?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:32:37 2007] : (13) Thom: "Last time I jumped to a new place, things died all the same. Even if they looked different than I was used to."
[Sun Feb 04 01:33:00 2007] : (3) Morti: "Ummm.. okay. thank you."
[Sun Feb 04 01:33:02 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "And now it is time for you to go. You have had your answers, Seeker, and you may not enter again."
[Sun Feb 04 01:33:29 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): ?
[Sun Feb 04 01:33:40 2007] : (5) Daelan: " You have jumped to other times before this one Thom?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:33:42 2007] : ** (3) Morti sighs.. "I just had to ask something stupid right off." :grumbles as he steps aside: **
[Sun Feb 04 01:33:59 2007] : ** (9) The woman on the left looks out at the door, although it isn't clear she's looking at the guide. Perhaps she's looking at the archway. "If any of your companions desire it, they may enter provided they adhere to the terms of the agreement." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:34:16 2007] : (13) Thom: "Other times, other places. Ever since I joined this group - well, let's just say things have not been boring."
[Sun Feb 04 01:34:29 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you feel deceived? lol
[Sun Feb 04 01:34:48 2007] : (2) Tanesh: (whispering): Oh. The dr.pepper thing. lol
[Sun Feb 04 01:35:05 2007] : (3) Morti: "There was an agreement?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:35:17 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Since my joining I too have not been bored,you Edan seem to have a way of making things happen around you."
[Sun Feb 04 01:35:48 2007] : ** (9) The guide enters the room and escorts Morti out. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:36:12 2007] : (13) Thom: "Not everyone does. But when i group such as this one gets involved in a prophesy, much less three or four, things happen.
[Sun Feb 04 01:36:23 2007] : ** (3) Morti follows the guide asking, "By the way, where are we? This is some kind of alternate space, right?" **
[Sun Feb 04 01:36:57 2007] : (9) The guide: "This is not here, nor there."
[Sun Feb 04 01:37:19 2007] : (3) Morti: "So.. we're nowhere?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:37:33 2007] : ** (9) The guide leads you through another doorway and out of the archway. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:37:46 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens exits back to Their waiting companions "Thom, would you be willing to go ask some questions? Morti gave me an Idea for another question right before he entered to ask his questions." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:37:54 2007] : ** (13) Thom watches the procession closely, making sure nothing happens to them. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:38:18 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Yes the prophecies,the gods like picking on you Edan for their own amusement,all I am after is the slaying of Shaitan nothing more."
[Sun Feb 04 01:38:20 2007] : (3) Morti: :grins: "Hey, where's the middle of this place? I've always wanted to say I was in the middle of nowhere and mean it."
[Sun Feb 04 01:38:22 2007] : (13) Thom: "Sure, I could do so. What do you want to know?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:38:35 2007] : ** (2) Arun steps out of the archway, with the same far-away look in his eyes **
[Sun Feb 04 01:38:47 2007] : (9) The guide: "The oracle." (to Morti)
[Sun Feb 04 01:39:14 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "I want to know the True Name of the Drake that owes me a favor"
[Sun Feb 04 01:39:29 2007] : (3) Morti: "Oh.. so I've already been to the middle of nowhere and passed up my chance to say it. Now I'm even more depressed."
[Sun Feb 04 01:40:38 2007] : (3) Morti: "Think they'd let me back in just to say that?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:41:07 2007] : ** (13) Thom makes sure to return Morti's and Arun's gear to them. After which, he removes his belt, holding his two weapons, and his cloak with its pockets holding his picks and such. he hands everything over to Sevis, "Sure." He pats himself down once more, making sure he didn't miss anything, before bending down to retieve a pair of daggers from his boots. "Just watch my items, ok?" **
[Sun Feb 04 01:41:25 2007] : (9) The guide: "There may yet be a time but the time is not now."
[Sun Feb 04 01:41:44 2007] : (3) Morti: "Che.. stingy."
[Sun Feb 04 01:41:57 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Knowledge such as that is not easily come by Sevis,for to know the true name of anything is to truly rule over it and control it,one must use caution when speaking the true name."
[Sun Feb 04 01:41:57 2007] : (13) Thom: "Any other requests before I enter, since apparently you can;t hear things out here once you do?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:42:08 2007] : ** (4) Sevis Goloens nods **
[Sun Feb 04 01:42:24 2007] : ** (3) Morti is silent for a moment more, before looking again to the guide to ask, "What do you all have against music?" **
[Sun Feb 04 01:42:56 2007] : ** (9) The guide says nothing in response, instead waiting. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:43:28 2007] : ** (13) Thom steps forward to the guide. "I wish to enter, and carry nothing your agreement prohibits." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:43:50 2007] : (3) Morti: "I mean, iron and fire I understand, as they can be wielded as weapons and places like this are often sacred and peaceful. But... music?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:46:01 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Songs can be a powerful weapon if used by the right person Morti."
[Sun Feb 04 01:46:10 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): which d'Amberville did we free again?
[Sun Feb 04 01:46:21 2007] : (9) The guide: "As the agreement of old. Come. Follow."
[Sun Feb 04 01:46:26 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Same can be said of musical instruments."
[Sun Feb 04 01:46:38 2007] : ** (13) Thom follows. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:46:45 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Claude.
[Sun Feb 04 01:47:04 2007] : (3) Morti: "Hmm.. I guess in the hands of bardic caster, yes... but they let me in with all my spell components withuot hesitating."
[Sun Feb 04 01:48:04 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Perhaps they have protections from the normal spells,songs,music,iron and fire are things that are hard to protect oneself from Morti."
[Sun Feb 04 01:48:40 2007] : ** (9) The man looks up as Thom enters the chamber and breathes deeply. "The one we have been waiting for has come." **
[Sun Feb 04 01:48:56 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "The strain. The strain." (breathes deeply)
[Sun Feb 04 01:48:58 2007] : (2) Arun: "If they can see the future, wouldn't they just deny access to anyone who means them harm?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:49:06 2007] : (13) Thom: "Yeah yeah, I'm here."
[Sun Feb 04 01:49:11 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "There is still time. Ask and be answered." (breathes deeply)
[Sun Feb 04 01:49:51 2007] : (13) Thom: First, what is the True Name of the drake that had freely professed that it owes my companion Sevis a favor?
[Sun Feb 04 01:50:14 2007] : (9) DM: A bell peals in the distance, and the chamber rocks as if in response.
[Sun Feb 04 01:50:14 2007] : (3) Morti: "They've been waiting here for Thom?" :looks to the others: "I wonder how long they've waited."
[Sun Feb 04 01:50:45 2007] : ** (13) Thom looks around, "Great, now..." but Thom stops himself mid comment. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:51:04 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): remind me which drake it was again?
[Sun Feb 04 01:51:06 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I can't remember
[Sun Feb 04 01:51:17 2007] : (5) Daelan: " I knew it was not a good idea for him to enter."
[Sun Feb 04 01:51:19 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ebony: Then know this, Sevis Goloens that on this day you have earned the gratitude of this scion of the House of Xerxastronos, and I shall not forget this deed. Should you desire aid you have but to shout my name to the highest heavens, and I shall come. So do I swear on the bones of my ancestors and their ancestors. (inclines her head as she says this)
[Sun Feb 04 01:52:12 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): The Black Drake who we gave her Eggs back to.
[Sun Feb 04 01:52:52 2007] : (9) The man: "Niox, the scion of the House of Xerxastronos, whose name in the tongue of humans is 'Ebony, the Night Mother'."
[Sun Feb 04 01:53:45 2007] : (9) DM: The bell tolls louder again, this time. A tremor passes beneath your feet as the three share a look that borders on the anxious.
[Sun Feb 04 01:53:59 2007] : ** (13) Thom nods, and after a glance to make sure the place is not falling down around him, he continues. "Second, when we my companions and I be forced to face Claude d'Amberville again?" **
[Sun Feb 04 01:54:02 2007] : (9) The man: "The strain. The strain."
[Sun Feb 04 01:54:11 2007] : (13) Thom: (( *will, not we ))
[Sun Feb 04 01:54:15 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "The savor of him. It has been long."
[Sun Feb 04 01:54:21 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "Ask. Ask."
[Sun Feb 04 01:55:59 2007] : (16) Atross: "I'm surprised they know something like that. It's so far from this world."
[Sun Feb 04 01:56:12 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "In the Tower of Inverness, in a place governed by the game of kings."
[Sun Feb 04 01:56:37 2007] : (9) The man: "The strain is too great. Ask. Ask!"
[Sun Feb 04 01:56:47 2007] : (13) Thom: "Third, when one enters the portal in the temple in the cioty of Highkeep, on the world of Andurin, in order to close it from the other side - is there anyway to return that person to their companions?"
[Sun Feb 04 01:57:08 2007] : (9) DM: The bell tolls loudly again as the chamber begins trembling, as if threatening to break apart.
[Sun Feb 04 01:57:15 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Now the answers become more and more cryptic."
[Sun Feb 04 01:57:26 2007] : ** (13) Thom prepares himself to run out, once he gets his answer. **
[Sun Feb 04 01:58:40 2007] : (9) The man: "A sacrifice must be made for the good of the future! He who controls the future conquers the past! He who commands the past rebirths the future!"
[Sun Feb 04 01:59:10 2007] : (9) The woman on the left: "You have had your answers, trickster and now you must go!"
[Sun Feb 04 01:59:11 2007] : (13) Thom: "I figured as much. Thanks, take care - this palce seems awfully shaky." he says as he stands and heads out.
[Sun Feb 04 01:59:28 2007] : ** (13) Thom shrugs and leaves. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:00:08 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): Just because I had three good questions, I'm a trickster? :)
[Sun Feb 04 02:00:22 2007] : (9) The woman on the right: "Go to the city of the Tower, gambler! Seize your destiny at the hands of the Sisters! Defeat the Tempest and bring peace where there is none! Go! Go! Go!"
[Sun Feb 04 02:01:05 2007] : ** (13) Thom glances back at the woman on the right, a hard look on his face, but she knows it is not directed at her, per se. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:01:06 2007] : (9) DM: The chamber floor heaves in response as the bell in the distance peals loudly. There is a flash of white light and Thom is hurled straight out of the archway.
[Sun Feb 04 02:01:25 2007] : (5) Daelan: " It seemed they did not like Thom all that much,I would hate to see how they would react to one such as myself,though I have no intention of entering,that would mean leaving my bow in the hands of an Edan and that is not possible."
[Sun Feb 04 02:01:32 2007] : ** (13) Thom rolls as he lands. "Well, that was different." **
[Sun Feb 04 02:01:36 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Feb 04 02:01:48 2007] : (5) Daelan: " I do not think they liked you Thom."
[Sun Feb 04 02:01:55 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): so - out of the archway, so I am with everyone else now, tright?
[Sun Feb 04 02:01:57 2007] : (16) Atross: "Or they liked you too much."
[Sun Feb 04 02:02:34 2007] : (9) DM: The archway is still and of the guide, there is no sign.
[Sun Feb 04 02:02:41 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Feb 04 02:02:44 2007] : (13) Thom: "All I know is that we got some answers, none of us here hurt, although they didn't like my questions apparently."
[Sun Feb 04 02:03:42 2007] : ** (13) Thom collects his items from Sevis and regears himself. "You got your name Sevis, right? for I do not wish to repeat it." **
[Sun Feb 04 02:03:46 2007] : (3) Morti: "At least yours were smart questions.
[Sun Feb 04 02:04:02 2007] : (5) Daelan: " Or perhaps it was the fact that you have been around a Quessir and it has altered you in some way Thom."
[Sun Feb 04 02:04:02 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "Yes, thank you."
[Sun Feb 04 02:04:29 2007] : (13) Thom: "I had the entire time you all were in there to decide a couple to ask. Although the last one was a waste - I already figured the answer, but I wanted to know for sure."
[Sun Feb 04 02:04:53 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "And she said I would not beable to pronounce her True Name when I asked her." ** shakes his head **
[Sun Feb 04 02:05:21 2007] : (5) Daelan: " One thing puzzles me Thom,why did they call you trickster?"
[Sun Feb 04 02:05:42 2007] : (13) Thom: "Well, now we know. AND... we know when we will face Claude. Ringrist and I can't wait for that moment."
[Sun Feb 04 02:06:07 2007] : (13) Thom: "Because I used a question to ask a true name I guess."
[Sun Feb 04 02:06:56 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): I like the compairison of Matt and Thom. It fits :)
[Sun Feb 04 02:07:02 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Feb 04 02:07:14 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and I'm factoring in your alternate PCs as well (minor spoiler)
[Sun Feb 04 02:07:25 2007] : (13) Thom: "Oh, and sorry Morti - I was going to wave at you from the middle of nowhere, but I couldn't wait to get out of there the way it was shaking."
[Sun Feb 04 02:07:26 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Helisandra is really who I'm thinking of
[Sun Feb 04 02:07:45 2007] : (3) Morti: :shrugs: "That's alright. I understand."
[Sun Feb 04 02:07:45 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Too bad, or maybe all the better that he has not read the WoT books
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:09 2007] : ** (5) Daelan gives Thom a sideways glance," If that is your answer,then I shall accept it for now Thom." **
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:16 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): in case you didn't realize - Thom's look near the end was because of mentioning the Tempest... :)
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:25 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): God, he hates that woman/demon.
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:27 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'm about to finish 4. the one where they almost catch Moghidien but she escapes because of balefire
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:38 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:40 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "Well lets head to the citadel of the Aloeid, where ever that is."
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:50 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well hopefully I wasn't TOO cryptic
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:53 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): :)
[Sun Feb 04 02:08:56 2007] : ** (13) Thom glances questioningly at Daelan. "What else could it be?" **
[Sun Feb 04 02:09:02 2007] : ** (5) Daelan gives the sky a quick glance as he once more begins to head off in an Easterly direction,moving at a nice steady jog. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:09:31 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): no - these are definately the straighest answers we have gotten (except for the answer of the riddle) - so, it's all good.
[Sun Feb 04 02:10:15 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ahh ya. I have read the whole series 6 times (I reread it from the start for each new book)
[Sun Feb 04 02:10:32 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): Although I'm not sure what was meant by "grab destiny at the hand of the Sisters", but I figure it will make sense when the time is right.
[Sun Feb 04 02:10:32 2007] : ** (16) Atross follows the path Daelan sets. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:10:47 2007] : (16) Atross: "We can still make good progress today."
[Sun Feb 04 02:10:49 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they didn't lie
[Sun Feb 04 02:11:10 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they spoke truly but not in the way you think (at least with respect to some of the answers)
[Sun Feb 04 02:11:15 2007] : ** (2) Arun sets off after Daelan, keeping pace a short distance behind him. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:11:26 2007] : ** (3) Morti recollects his belongings, sighing woefully, "I never even got an answer about the music." **
[Sun Feb 04 02:11:58 2007] : ** (13) Thom glances back at the archway for a moment, mutters "Tempest", and spits. he then moves with the rest of the group on along the path. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:11:59 2007] : (9) DM: There are black shapes in the sky, near the horizon. They're flying.
[Sun Feb 04 02:12:13 2007] : (9) DM: (from the southwest heading in your direction)
[Sun Feb 04 02:12:21 2007] : (5) Daelan: (whispering): how many and how far?
[Sun Feb 04 02:12:32 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): hmm... interesting. I knew the answers were too straight forward...
[Sun Feb 04 02:12:35 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 30
[Sun Feb 04 02:12:38 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "The birds?" ** points **
[Sun Feb 04 02:12:39 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): about
[Sun Feb 04 02:13:17 2007] : (3) Morti: "Think they've spotted us?"
[Sun Feb 04 02:13:30 2007] : ** (5) Daelan comes to a halt,his eyes scanning the sky," There are about 30 of them." **
[Sun Feb 04 02:13:32 2007] : ** (3) Morti asks as he looks up at the birds on the horizon. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:13:33 2007] : (13) Thom: "Most likely. Keep an eye on them, so they cannot surprise us. Morti, Daelan, Atross - you think you three can scare them away when they approach?"
[Sun Feb 04 02:13:35 2007] : (2) Arun: "We'll find out soon enough. Looks like they're getting closer."
[Sun Feb 04 02:14:16 2007] : (3) Morti: :shrugs: "I don't know. What scares an angry brass winged carrnivorous bird monster?"
[Sun Feb 04 02:14:28 2007] : ** (16) Atross readies his bow, the magical flames cloaking it, in preparation. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:14:41 2007] : (5) Daelan: " They will swarm us as most flocks of birds do,only the loss of most of them will cause them to move off Thom."
[Sun Feb 04 02:14:43 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: "Fire hot enough to melt brass?"
[Sun Feb 04 02:14:44 2007] : (13) Thom: "Magic spells being flung at it?"
[Sun Feb 04 02:14:53 2007] : (16) Atross: "Pain and fire work on most things."
[Sun Feb 04 02:15:06 2007] : (3) Morti: "Fire I can do.. not sure about the melting though."
[Sun Feb 04 02:15:27 2007] : (13) Thom: "Then Daelan, consider this a perfect time to show us just how good you are with that bow of yours."
[Sun Feb 04 02:15:40 2007] : ** (5) Daelan stops as he watches the birds approach,his left hand resting on top of his quiver. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:15:56 2007] : (3) Morti: (how many birds? and how big are they?)
[Sun Feb 04 02:16:13 2007] : ** (13) Thom scans the other directions, making sure there are not more from another direction. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:16:32 2007] : (5) Daelan: " You have seen my bow in action in the past Thom,there is no reason to goad me into battle now is there?"
[Sun Feb 04 02:16:32 2007] : (9) DM: There seem to be at least 40 of them -- copper winged birds with beaks and claws of bronze, with raucous cries as they spot you in the open. And they stink to high heaven!
[Sun Feb 04 02:17:01 2007] : (9) DM: It's quite pronounced even at the distance when they close in.
[Sun Feb 04 02:17:09 2007] : (13) Thom: "Reason - no, but I am glad to see that you are picking up on Edan speech nuances."
[Sun Feb 04 02:17:27 2007] : ** (2) Arun takes out his bow, and prepares to fire as soon as they get into range **
[Sun Feb 04 02:17:48 2007] : (9) DM: (we could stop here. there's no way I can run this combat in 30 minutes, because I have to go look something up)
[Sun Feb 04 02:18:01 2007] : (16) Atross: ((Oh alright.))
[Sun Feb 04 02:18:05 2007] : ** (13) Thom draws out Ringrist, awaiting the birds. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:18:19 2007] : (9) DM: it glows
[Sun Feb 04 02:18:20 2007] : (13) Thom: (( if you must, you must. ))
[Sun Feb 04 02:18:39 2007] : ** (16) Atross takes aim at the leading bird. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:18:46 2007] : (13) Thom: (( oh yeah - evil butt kickin' time. :) ))
[Sun Feb 04 02:18:46 2007] : (5) Daelan: " When we do attack,best to attack the middle of the flock."
[Sun Feb 04 02:19:16 2007] : (9) DM: ((someone make a note: all attacks against them have a -2 to hit, saves and AC due to the overwhelming stench))
[Sun Feb 04 02:19:38 2007] : ** (3) Morti goes digging through his pockets a moment, before picking something out with a smile, a small green scale. **
[Sun Feb 04 02:19:59 2007] : (13) Thom: (( ok, will add new attacks to nodes. ))
[Sun Feb 04 02:20:06 2007] : (9) DM: ((also each round, a Fort save must be made or suffer the effects of nausea, at 1 hp loss/round))
[Sun Feb 04 02:20:08 2007] : (3) Morti: ((what if I transform into something without a nose?))
[Sun Feb 04 02:20:23 2007] : (9) DM: ((well then you don't need to worry.))
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:17 2007] : (9) DM: you could roll init now and we'll start with combat next time.
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:18 2007] : (2) Tanesh: ((How high up do they look?))
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:34 2007] : (5) Daelan: Aramil Init:[1d20+4+4] => [14,4,4] = (22)
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:37 2007] : (9) DM: 60'
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:38 2007] : (13) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [7,9] = (16)
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:42 2007] : (4) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+9] => [3,9] = (12)
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:46 2007] : (16) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:50 2007] : (16) Atross: Awwwman
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:54 2007] : (16) Atross: ((How far?))
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:55 2007] : (6) Dj (Linuix): INIT: [1d20+1] => [1,1] = (2)
[Sun Feb 04 02:21:57 2007] : (2) Arun: Init [1d20+6] => [3,6] = (9)
[Sun Feb 04 02:22:04 2007] : (5) Daelan: INIT: [1d20+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Sun Feb 04 02:22:05 2007] : (3) Morti: Morti's init: [1d20+2] => [17,2] = (19)
[Sun Feb 04 02:22:15 2007] : (13) Thom: Go Morti!
[Sun Feb 04 02:22:16 2007] : (3) Morti: Initiative: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Sun Feb 04 02:22:18 2007] : (16) Atross: ((Got a 150 yard range incement on this bad boy. ::pats his bow possessively::))
[Sun Feb 04 02:22:28 2007] : (3) Morti: (second is moiraine's init. ^_^
[Sun Feb 04 02:22:35 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: The Linux box was Tektites roll
[Sun Feb 04 02:22:50 2007] : (13) Zane: Kinda figured that...
[Sun Feb 04 02:23:19 2007] : (9) DM: ok, we'll begin with combat next session
[Sun Feb 04 02:24:18 2007] : (3) Morti: okey doke.
[Sun Feb 04 02:24:27 2007] : (3) Morti: good night for now then.
[Sun Feb 04 02:24:59 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): So - I'm guessing the reactions to Thom were not actually due to his questions - but more to deal with something you have planned. But as far as he knows - it was the questions.
[Sun Feb 04 02:25:07 2007] : (13) Zane: g'night
[Sun Feb 04 02:25:22 2007] : (9) DM: I'm thinking I'll group them in minis
[Sun Feb 04 02:25:22 2007] : (5) Daelan: see you all next weekend.
[Sun Feb 04 02:25:32 2007] : (9) DM: each mini will be like 5 birds to speed it up
[Sun Feb 04 02:25:39 2007] : (9) DM: not going to load 40 minis on the mat
[Sun Feb 04 02:25:50 2007] : (13) Zane: you mean, you don't want to have 30 minis representing the birds?
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:00 2007] : (13) Zane: or 40, or however many it is.
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:01 2007] : (9) DM: its at least 40
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:04 2007] : (9) DM: lol
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:13 2007] : (9) DM: this isn't a game of Titan
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:25 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): both
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:31 2007] : (13) Zane: so, that will be at least 40 less birds that will inhabit the swamp.
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:35 2007] : (3) Morti: that many minis, the map might freze up
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:53 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): both the questions and what I have planned
[Sun Feb 04 02:26:55 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: It wouldnt
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:08 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): part of it is your character (minor spoiler)
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:10 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: I have loaded over 200 mini's before when testing
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:19 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): part of it had to do with one or two questions
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:20 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): then Thom just figures they were angry about him asking the True Name...
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:23 2007] : (9) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:28 2007] : (3) Morti: unfortunately the entire brass bird population in the marsh was 41. Now we'll be accused of causing their extinction
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:35 2007] : (5) Daelan: now there is a game I have not heard of in a long time.
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:42 2007] : (5) Daelan: Titan
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:53 2007] : (9) DM: I play it from time to time
[Sun Feb 04 02:27:59 2007] : (13) Zane: (whispering): Well - I figured based on the way they responded to the last one, that they didn't like that question either. But he had to know for sure.
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:07 2007] : (9) DM: not going to run a combat with over 40 minis unless it's a large scale conflict
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:09 2007] : (3) Morti: never heard off it
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:21 2007] : (9) DM: it's like Catan
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:33 2007] : (9) DM: or Risk
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:37 2007] : (9) DM: you've heard of Risk
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:40 2007] : (13) Zane: I've heard of the Titans, as have the current locals I'm sure - but not a game called Titan.
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:45 2007] : (5) Daelan: I liked getting groups of rangers and gorgons and then attacking from a distance.
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:45 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: For a game I played for a while on Sundays, this is the Mini's I loaded for each combat
[Sun Feb 04 02:28:48 2007] : (13) Zane: Yeah, I know Risk.
[Sun Feb 04 02:29:12 2007] : (9) DM: ogres
[Sun Feb 04 02:29:14 2007] : (9) DM: yeah
[Sun Feb 04 02:29:20 2007] : (9) DM: that's a lot of minis but it's not 40
[Sun Feb 04 02:29:36 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: And thats was just my character and his pets
[Sun Feb 04 02:29:48 2007] : (9) DM: true
[Sun Feb 04 02:30:00 2007] : (9) DM: but I also have to think of other people with not as fast connections
[Sun Feb 04 02:30:02 2007] : (5) Daelan: ogres are what 6/2 or 8/2?
[Sun Feb 04 02:30:03 2007] : (4) Dj Gilcrease: No it's 21 :)
[Sun Feb 04 02:30:08 2007] : (9) DM: if Matt ever gets back, he's a sample
[Sun Feb 04 02:30:13 2007] : (13) Zane: that's a lot of pets. Does your house smell?
[Sun Feb 04 02:30:13 2007] : (9) DM: can't remember
[Sun Feb 04 02:31:33 2007] : (9) DM: ok, see y'all in a week
[Sun Feb 04 02:31:44 2007] : (13) Zane: later.
[Sun Feb 04 02:31:45 2007] : (9) DM: I figure we'll probably wrap Greece up next session
[Sun Feb 04 02:31:51 2007] : (5) Daelan: see yall later.
[Sun Feb 04 02:31:57 2007] : (9) DM: or after next session
[Sun Feb 04 02:31:59 2007] : (13) Zane: really? that quick?
[Sun Feb 04 02:32:03 2007] : (5) Daelan (exit): 02:32
[Sun Feb 04 02:32:08 2007] : (9) DM: if nothing else happens
[Sun Feb 04 02:32:11 2007] : (13) Zane: I guess I'm just used to longer side quests...
[Sun Feb 04 02:32:14 2007] : (16) Donovan: If?
[Sun Feb 04 02:32:22 2007] : (9) DM: if
[Sun Feb 04 02:32:23 2007] : (9) DM: :)
[Sun Feb 04 02:32:43 2007] : (9) DM: I do want to speed the camp up and get to a certain point
[Sun Feb 04 02:32:44 2007] : (13) Zane: so - A) we all die, everything's over, or B) the cyclopses actually are kind and work to help us.
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:01 2007] : (9) DM: so by the time Mel Nethra rolls around you'll have progressed the plot along
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:05 2007] : (9) DM: nah
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:07 2007] : (16) Donovan: or C) there are no Cyclopses
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:15 2007] : (13) Zane: yes - Caer's tower. I want to battle Claude.
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:23 2007] : (9) DM: lol
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:30 2007] : (9) DM: Caer isn't Inverness
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:52 2007] : (13) Zane: No?
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:55 2007] : (9) DM: no
[Sun Feb 04 02:33:59 2007] : (16) Donovan: No
[Sun Feb 04 02:34:00 2007] : (9) DM: that's on the way back
[Sun Feb 04 02:34:17 2007] : (13) Zane: Oh, that's what I get for going by memory, instead of notes.
[Sun Feb 04 02:34:32 2007] : (9) DM: ok, ttyl (on Wednesday)
[Sun Feb 04 02:34:45 2007] : (13) Zane: later.
[Sun Feb 04 02:35:02 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Feb 04 02:35:04 2007] : Game disconnected!

 


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms