Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: CialisBok


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Jan 20 21:30:16 2007] : (66) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:30

Sat Jan 20 21:30:16 2007] : (66) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:30
[Sat Jan 20 21:30:16 2007] : (61) Donovan (enter): 21:30
[Sat Jan 20 21:30:16 2007] : (60) Ian Cromwell (enter): 21:30
[Sat Jan 20 21:30:16 2007] : (65) Zane (enter): 21:30
[Sat Jan 20 21:30:16 2007] : (62) Lunauc (enter): 21:30
[Sat Jan 20 21:30:26 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (72) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Jan 20 21:30:41 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: well I hope someone explained to Daelan that he's going to undergo a change
[Sat Jan 20 21:30:42 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: lol
[Sat Jan 20 21:31:06 2007] : (61) Donovan: Well...
[Sat Jan 20 21:31:21 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: no>
[Sat Jan 20 21:31:23 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: no?
[Sat Jan 20 21:31:28 2007] : (62) Lunauc: We're cutting off your ears, since they don't like elves here.
[Sat Jan 20 21:31:34 2007] : (62) Lunauc: You don't mind, right?
[Sat Jan 20 21:32:12 2007] : (61) Donovan: We're taking a little adventure in ancient greece
[Sat Jan 20 21:32:30 2007] : (61) Donovan: I don't think this fact has much impact on Daelan.
[Sat Jan 20 21:32:56 2007] : (62) Lunauc: Elves like togas, right?
[Sat Jan 20 21:33:03 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: that's Rome
[Sat Jan 20 21:33:08 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: wrong time period
[Sat Jan 20 21:34:20 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 20 21:34:20 2007] : (66) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): what day/time did we finaly decide on for the new game?
[Sat Jan 20 21:34:28 2007] : (61) Donovan: I have this picture in my mind, I think it's from the movie Troy, but I can't shake wanting to call it roman.
[Sat Jan 20 21:35:53 2007] : (60) Daelan: May I ask why my ears are being cut?
[Sat Jan 20 21:37:30 2007] : (62) Lunauc: to fit the swiss chees helmet of course.
[Sat Jan 20 21:38:12 2007] : (65) Zane: BRB - smoke
[Sat Jan 20 21:38:16 2007] : (60) Daelan: Why can I not just wear a hood?
[Sat Jan 20 21:39:06 2007] : (62) Lunauc: Because the ratmen won't be as fond of you. And we don't want them against us again.
[Sat Jan 20 21:42:04 2007] : (62) Lunauc: I'm curious though, are there considered to be elves in ancient greece?
[Sat Jan 20 21:42:47 2007] : (61) Donovan: Yes, and dwarves he's said.
[Sat Jan 20 21:43:01 2007] : (62) Lunauc: do they dress the same as the humans?
[Sat Jan 20 21:43:26 2007] : (65) Zane has sent you a tree node...
[Sat Jan 20 21:43:59 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Mon from 7:30 pm to 12 midnight
[Sat Jan 20 21:44:04 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): every other week
[Sat Jan 20 21:44:20 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: yes, elves exist
[Sat Jan 20 21:44:38 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: but they're regular elves from the PH
[Sat Jan 20 21:44:42 2007] : (65) Zane: I just sent everyone Thom's greek description - hopefully it works. And here's a pic, that's as cloas as I could manage: http://www.geocities.com/thedvm/pics/chars/thom_greek.jpg
[Sat Jan 20 21:44:57 2007] : (65) Zane: *close
[Sat Jan 20 21:46:02 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (43) Vrainos: "In the realm of the Spirit, there is neither time nor space. Know then: when you leave this temple, as you set foot on the upper step to descend, by the power of Spirit and the power of the goddess who sends you, it shall not be the steps of this temple that you descend but that of a lost and abandoned shrine in Arcadia, many centuries ago and on another plane of existence, one far removed from this world of Andurin. From there, fulfill your mission by seeking the place of the bees. Always remember the bees! But take warning: though you may speak of your mission to fulfill the omen, say to no one that a goddess has sent you. When your mission is completed, return to the abandoned Arcadian temple. Restore it and lay a suitable offering upon the altar. As you leave that temple, it will be the steps of this temple that you descend, and you will have returned to your own time and place. Here, the rewards of the goddess will await you."
(43) Vrainos: "When you leave this place, you will have a guest on your journey. He has come to this strange land, to find his....ka-tet."
(46) Morti: "Uh...." looks to the others: "Do we have time for this?"
(48) Thom: "Don't think we have an option really." Thom whispers back.
** (42) Sevis Goloens mutters 'stupid distractions' **
(42) Sevis Goloens: "Tektite, you better come outa the floor before we leave so you can 'decend' the steps with us"
(53) Atross: "I think we have all the time in this world for it. But it sounds like time will be important where we end up."
(46) Morti: "I-I mean... we have that King revival thing to do, plus the items we need to get before returning to outr time, and the altar to desecrate to stop the Tempest. And he did just say not to get distracted from 'our' mission."
(43) DM: There is no response.
** (43) Vrainos opens his eyes and rests his head on his hands wearily. **
** (42) Tektite rises out of the floor **
** (48) Thom just shakes his head. "Well, we know our next steps, I guess. Vrainos, before we go - would you enlighten us as to what your goddess considers suitable gifts, so that we may proper tribute to her in time?" **
(42) Sevis Goloens: "I want my soap back, I did not give you an offering so I could be sent to yet another unknown land."
(48) Thom: (( *may offer proper ))
(48) Thom: "Easy Sevis, it's not worth it." Thom whispers back.
(43) Vrainos: "The nature of the offering will depend on your actions."
** (48) Thom sighs, as if giving up. "And I thought mages were cryptic." **
(43) DM: ((this is going to be fun...lol))
(48) Thom: (( not a good sign... :P ))
(42) Sevis Goloens: "We have been destracted many time from our true goal, which is to gather some items and return to your proper time period. Even this resurection of a King this is a distraction from that goal." ** turning to Vrainos ** "Are the stairs the only way out of this place?"
(44) Tanesh: (and now we all make a third character for a campaign set on earth :P)
(43) DM: ((you guys will need to rework your Sat Damrosil characters to meet certain specifications. the PCs must be able to pass in ancient Greece. real-world ancient Greece. that means, weapons and armor from the medieval period get replaced by their ancient world equivalents, for example.))
(48) Thom: "Thank you for passing along the message Vrainos, we have to discuss a couple things, and then will be off."
(42) Sevis Goloens: (( my character came from
France, so not the first time they have been to earth =P ))
** (46) Morti sighs. "Well... if it's time warping, maybe we won't lose any time for the effort." The pious youth clasps his hands and bows his head, offering a silent prayer to the unnamed goddess, asking her protection in their endeavor ahead." **
(46) Morti: (huh?)
(53) Atross: "In short, this is why it doesn't pay to try to understand gods and godesses."
(48) Thom: (( what about special magical blades - like Ringrist? ))
(48) Thom: "I agree Atross."
(42) Sevis Goloens: "I say we just climb the walls and continue on our way, that way we dont have to decent into some new world."
(43) DM: ((Ringrist will be with you but in a form proper to ancient
Greece. Plate mail and heavy crossbows however will not.))
(53) Atross: ((As long as I can keep my bow.))
(42) Sevis Goloens: (( and Rock people? ))
(46) Morti: ((huh.. finally happy to be just a boy with a staff))
(43) DM: ((guess there's only one way to find out, right? :) ))
(42) Sevis Goloens: (( exactly, climb the wals and appologize to the goddess later =P ))
** (48) Thom looks over the walls, considering Sevis's proposal. **
(42) Sevis Goloens: "So where is this person that you said would be joining is Vrainos?"
(43) DM: ((your skills may change as well, depending on what they are))
(46) Morti: :to Sevis: "You can try.. but... I figure it will have the same effect. Once you lose touch of the temple, you'll be cast into the new world.. probably."
(48) Thom: (( so - as soon as we leave the temple, we are stopping the game, huh? ))
(43) Vrainos: Why, he is here already. (gestures to Arun to enter)
(43) DM: (yep, you guessed it)
** (44) Arun steps into the room, somewhat hesitantly. **
(48) Thom: "I don't see any way out via the walls Sevis."
** (42) Sevis Goloens look to the new person as they enter "Can you climb?" **
(44) Arun: Arun's description: This man wears a black cloth veil that covers his head and face, leaving only his dark, tired-looking brown eyes visible. He appears very athletic, with a light, agile build. He wears a dark leather tunic over his torso, and a small glint of tiny chainmail links can be seen through the collar. He wears a pair of leather gauntlets, studded with small pieces of metal. A long red sash is tied around his waist, half-concealing a dagger. His tan pants are baggy, and have been tucked into his sturdy, but flexible boots. A pair of exquisitely crafted scimitars hang at his hips, a bow and quiver of arrows are strapped to his back.
** (44) Arun looks at sevis for a moment before answering quietly. "Of course." **
(42) Sevis Goloens: "If we cannot climb the walls Morti and Drenla can make us fly."
(42) Sevis Goloens: Discription:: You see a short human (5' 2"), with bloond hair cut like a bowl was placed on his head before they cut it. Hit eyes are a stunning green, and for some reason it is hard to move your gaze, once you do however you notice he is wearing a dark brown robe, that had seen its share of use, and a worn back pack. He is wearing black gloves with the fingers cut off, and on his left hand he has a dull copper ring, on his right he has a silver ring with a red ruby embeded in it. When he takes a step you notice some smoth leather bracers on his lower legs. Standing next to him is, what appears to be a Halfling female made out of granite with veins of green, brown, and black crytal flowing though her body. Her eyes are a dark muddy green, but clearly possess intelligence. She stand just over three and a half feet tall, and you cannot tell how much she would weight, since she is made of stone.
(44) Arun: (this place doesn't have a roof?)
(46) Morti: ((think they mean climb along the walls outside rather than walk down the stairs))
(42) Sevis Goloens: (( ya ))
(48) Thom: "I guess there is only one way to find out." Thom heads back to the entrance, and stops a couple steps before the open door, looking out.
(48) Thom: (( do I still see the forest at this point still? ))
** (44) Arun 's gaze travels from one person to the other as he idly follows Thom to the door, he stares at morti a moment longer than the others and finally stops at Tektite. "What is that?" **
(42) Tektite: "I am a Geodite, and you are rude"
(43) DM: (I said there was a roof. scroll up)
(44) Arun: "I suppose I am. Apologies. I have not seen a creature like you before."
(43) DM: (yes, you see the forest still)
** (42) Sevis Goloens follos Thom out to the exit Tektite, see if you can travel underground out into the forest a few feet" **
(48) Thom: "Here goes nothing." Thom backs up a few feet and starts running towards the door, jumping just before the door, trying to jump over the first step.
(48) Thom: Jump: [1d20+4] => [1,4] = (5) => [11,4] => (11, 4) = (15)
** (44) Arun folds his arms and watches Thom's attempt. **
(43) DM: Thom disappears from sight.
(42) Tektite: "Je n'y crois pas!, why cant the goddess Occupe-toi de tes affaires!" ** sags his sholders in defeat and walks out the door **
(42) Sevis Goloens: "Je n'y crois pas!, why cant the goddess Occupe-toi de tes affaires!" ** sags his sholders in defeat and walks out the door **
** (46) Morti is a short young man in baggy, concealing clothing. A long white scarf wraps his head, forming the creases into the visage of an exaggerated face. An oversized dark blue coat hangs to his knees, and almost engulfs his brown leather gloved hands. A plain brown jerkin and a belt weighed by a leather hip pouch are revealed under his coat and striped blue and black pants tuck down into knee high boots. A staff rests in his hand, a pack on his back, and a kittten on his shoulder. As he finishes his prayer, he moves along after the others, greeting their knew acquaintance with a grin, "Hi, I'm Morti. Like your mask." **
** (42) Tektite follows Sevis, not bothing to go underground **
(53) Atross: "Clearly it was a reference to distance. Anyway, I'm Atross. I'm not in charge here, but I can tell you that if you're looking for destiny, you'll find plenty of it here."
** (53) Atross extends a hand in greeting to Arun. **
(53) Atross: Physical Description: Atross is a human of average height and medium build. His head and face appear to both be clean shaven. He remains alert, almost to attention, his blue eyes always surveying his surroundings. He wears a sturdy cloak over his simple studded leather armor and his buckler remains attached casually to one arm. He carries an unusually large bow of obvious quality slung at his back and a mace at his belt.
** (44) Arun regards the offered hand for a moment before giving it a shake. "Arun. And no, I wouldn't imagine that we could avoid the will of a goddess as easily as skipping a stair." **
** (44) Arun gives a silent nod in morti's direction at his compliment **
** (53) Atross walks out to the temple's entrance. "Time to see where we're headed" **
** (53) Atross walks down the stairs with considerably more haste than he entered the temple. **
** (46) Morti heads back to leave a piece of the honeycomb on the empty pedestal, as an offering, before heading out the door. **
** (44) Arun looks at the doorway unsurely, then steps through. **

[Sat Jan 20 21:46:10 2007] : (72) DM: (from last session)
[Sat Jan 20 21:46:37 2007] : (72) DM: (I recommend that Daelan's player talk to the others and see what changes need to be made before we begin)
[Sat Jan 20 21:51:42 2007] : ** (66) Sevis Goloens looks around **
[Sat Jan 20 21:52:33 2007] : (60) Daelan: ( Mostly what I have is an elven cloak,boots and a mithril chain shirt,and of course my bow)
[Sat Jan 20 21:52:47 2007] : ** (65) Thom also takes in the new sites, then looks to make sure everyone made it in one piece. "So much for just avoiding the top stair." **
[Sat Jan 20 21:54:19 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: (( the shain shirt will change ))
[Sat Jan 20 21:54:30 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: (( *chain ))
[Sat Jan 20 21:54:31 2007] : (72) DM: (chain would go since it wasn't invented yet)
[Sat Jan 20 21:54:37 2007] : ** (61) Atross turns around to look at the temple they just left, as well as to make sure everyone arrives safely. **
[Sat Jan 20 21:56:23 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 20 21:56:23 2007] : (61) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): It's more expensive, but a mithril breastplate would fit quite in, wouldn't it.
[Sat Jan 20 21:59:12 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I am guessing I shall be the only Quessir in this place once more,how should I fit in Atross?"
[Sat Jan 20 21:59:37 2007] : ** (62) Morti comes down the steps into this odd new world. The boy who appears however is practically a complete stranger. He is a scrawny like ragamuffin barely an inch over five feet. A messy head of brown hair covers his head, with a fine silver circlet wrapping his brow. Fairly tanned skin is marred now only by mid-pubescent acne. He wears a navy blue tunic with a baggy off-white linen robe over that. Bracers set with iron bracers peak out of his sleeves and a sturdy leather belt hangs a stuffed pouch at his hip and pair of leather sandles set with fine brass fittings finished the ensemble. The staff in his hand and the satchel are similar to Morti's but the only true link to his identity is the tabby kitten resting on his shoulder. **
[Sat Jan 20 21:59:53 2007] : (72) DM: You're definitely not on Andurin anymore. You're atop the summit of a forest-covered mountain, facing east. A rock-strewn path leads down the mountainside. You estimate it will take several hours to descend.
[Sat Jan 20 22:00:43 2007] : (72) DM: A town can be seen in the distance, perhaps a few miles away.
[Sat Jan 20 22:01:04 2007] : ** (66) Sevis Goloens starts down the path toward the city **
[Sat Jan 20 22:01:06 2007] : (72) DM: As for the temple, it's dilapidated and seems to have been abandoned.
[Sat Jan 20 22:01:10 2007] : (61) Atross: "We're all going to be outsiders here. Just watch the people and try to fit in. That's the best advice I can give you."
[Sat Jan 20 22:01:28 2007] : (66) Tektite: "Wonder how I will be recived in this place, I have not been here before."
[Sat Jan 20 22:01:42 2007] : ** (60) Daelan smiles from under his hood," Me fit in? I am Quessir." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:02:01 2007] : (72) DM: It is early morning on a bright spring day. The temple sits in the middle of a clearing with a small spring right next to the entrance.

The sound of wood being chopped can be heard audibly.

[Sat Jan 20 22:02:14 2007] : ** (65) Thom shakes off the shock of the transfer and follows Sevis down the path. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:02:50 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Any of you know where or when we are?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:02:53 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): maybe
[Sat Jan 20 22:03:54 2007] : ** (62) Morti looks around, curious of the sound of chopping wood. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:04:05 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: "Some other world, here to find the place of bees"
[Sat Jan 20 22:04:24 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 20 22:04:24 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): Sorry I missed last weeks game,I was suffering from the flu,still hacking and coughing but feeling better.
[Sat Jan 20 22:04:49 2007] : (72) DM: A woodcutter chopping up a stump.
[Sat Jan 20 22:05:30 2007] : (61) Atross: "Just the name. Arcadia."
[Sat Jan 20 22:05:30 2007] : (72) DM: Nearby is a mule tied to a tree. Beside it are two bundles of wood.

There is a small camp, with untidy blankets next to a dead fire.

[Sat Jan 20 22:05:39 2007] : (65) Thom: "Which, of course, could be just about anything."
[Sat Jan 20 22:05:41 2007] : ** (62) Morti approaches the woodcutter, "Um... excuse me, sir? **
[Sat Jan 20 22:05:44 2007] : ** (60) Daelan stops and watches the man swing his axe at the tree stump **
[Sat Jan 20 22:05:49 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): np
[Sat Jan 20 22:06:39 2007] : (72) The man: "Yes?" (looks up at you suspiciously)
[Sat Jan 20 22:07:07 2007] : ** (65) Thom stays to the back, letting himself get a feel for this place first. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:07:14 2007] : ** (61) Atross nods, silently confirming to himself that the boy is still Morti. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:07:25 2007] : (62) Morti: "Uh.. hello." :gives a brief wave: "We've just arrived here, and were wondering if you could tell us.. where we are."
[Sat Jan 20 22:07:45 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 20 22:07:45 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): So I'll try to use my medallion on the man. (I know you said that it won't work - but Thom doesn't know that, yet.)
[Sat Jan 20 22:08:35 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): doesn
[Sat Jan 20 22:08:39 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): doesn't function
[Sat Jan 20 22:08:53 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sat Jan 20 22:08:56 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and he has hair
[Sat Jan 20 22:09:07 2007] : ** (65) Thom gets a confused look for a moment and looks around the whole party. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:09:22 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): And now Thom knows. :)
[Sat Jan 20 22:09:31 2007] : ** (60) Daelan pulls the hood of his cloak further over his head,as he scans the trail for any recent tracks **
[Sat Jan 20 22:09:34 2007] : ** (72) The man stares at you. "This is Mount Chelydorea." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:09:51 2007] : ** (72) The man takes a hefty swing at the stump and hacks off a piece of wood. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:10:16 2007] : (72) The man: "You're not from here, are you?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:10:18 2007] : (62) Morti: "Right, right.. Chillydorry. Um... and that town down there is..?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:10:33 2007] : (72) The man: "Pellene".
[Sat Jan 20 22:11:08 2007] : ** (65) Thom fuddles with the necklace he has been wearing around his neck. He then just takes it off and stashes it in a pocket. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:11:17 2007] : (72) DM: He takes another swing with the axe and splits the chunk in two.
[Sat Jan 20 22:11:29 2007] : (62) Morti: "Pellene... here that guys? we reached Pellene." :nods and turns back to the woodcutter, "And to find a winged serpent we'd head toward..?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:11:41 2007] : (72) DM: "Looking for Apollo's lost cattle, aren't you?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:11:54 2007] : (62) Morti: "Cattle?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:12:05 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Apollo?
[Sat Jan 20 22:12:11 2007] : (72) The man: "Looking for Apollo's lost cattle, aren't you? All of Arcadie is."
[Sat Jan 20 22:12:36 2007] : (72) The man: "Apollo. The sun god. His cattle is missing."
[Sat Jan 20 22:12:55 2007] : (62) Morti: "The sun god is a cattle farmer?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:13:37 2007] : (61) Atross: "Oh, of course."
[Sat Jan 20 22:13:46 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: "We are looking for Bee's not cows
[Sat Jan 20 22:14:21 2007] : (82) No Name (enter): 22:14
[Sat Jan 20 22:14:27 2007] : (72) The man: "No ordinary cattle these are. A single cow will provide enough milk for a village for one year, or so the stories say."
[Sat Jan 20 22:14:40 2007] : (82) No Name: (sorry i'm late, much trouble getting open to work)
[Sat Jan 20 22:14:49 2007] : (61) Atross: "There's always a sun god. Anyway, we're not actually looking for bees."
[Sat Jan 20 22:14:55 2007] : (62) Morti: :roses his brows: "That's a lot of milk."
[Sat Jan 20 22:15:20 2007] : (72) The man: "Who believes that the god will really give three prophetic answers and three of his magical arrows just to get back a few cows?" (he shakes his head)

"Who did you say you were?"

[Sat Jan 20 22:15:26 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: "Not for the Bees themselves I guess, but the place of bees"
[Sat Jan 20 22:15:32 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): Ok, so since I can't read thoughts, we'll do this the nonmagical way. He seems to be at ease with us, so I'll try to sense motive as he talks, seeing what I get. [1d20+16] => [5,16] = (21)
[Sat Jan 20 22:15:48 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he's quite unfriendly and suspicious of you
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:02 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): as he should be.
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:15 2007] : (83) Mini (enter): 22:16
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:19 2007] : (72) The man: "I don't talk to strangers."
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:22 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (82) Tanesh...
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:25 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:25 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:38 2007] : ** (65) Thom steps forward then. "I appologize sir." he says, before continuing. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:49 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: "You talked to us."
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:49 2007] : (72) DM: (bring Tanesh up to speed please)
[Sat Jan 20 22:16:55 2007] : (62) Morti: "Um... sorry.. We're pilgrims... I'm Morti.. and you are?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:17:11 2007] : ** (72) The man continues chopping wood as if he hadn't heard Sevis. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:17:22 2007] : (61) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Nice cover. Heavily armed pilgrims.
[Sat Jan 20 22:17:29 2007] : (65) Thom: "My companions and myself have recently been through a tramatic experience that we don't even fully understand yet, as certain things tend to me, correct?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:17:35 2007] : (72) The man: "I'm Arkilan." (continues chopping)
[Sat Jan 20 22:18:10 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "You don't look like pilgrims." (steals a glance at you)
[Sat Jan 20 22:18:29 2007] : (65) Thom: "Anyway, my companions were simply trying to get our bearings again, and thank you for helping us to do so. Morti has introduced himself, and I am known as Thom. Wel met Arkilan."
[Sat Jan 20 22:18:34 2007] : (62) Morti: "Oh? What do pilgrims look like?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:19:06 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "They're not armed like warriors, and they would know of Apollo."
[Sat Jan 20 22:19:46 2007] : (62) Morti: "Oh..."
[Sat Jan 20 22:19:54 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan continues chopping. "And anyway, I don't know anything about bees. You might try Mount Cyllene for that." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:20:15 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "There's a beekeeper who lives there." (waves in a vaguely southern direction)
[Sat Jan 20 22:20:32 2007] : (60) Daelan: " And where would we find this Mount Cyllene?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:21:00 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan looks at Daelan as if he were daft. "To the south." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:21:06 2007] : (65) Thom: "Of course, we were misspoken to use the term pilgrams. Thank you for all your help, I believe that we will be able to find our way now."
[Sat Jan 20 22:21:36 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan snickers. "Suit yourself then." (continues chopping) **
[Sat Jan 20 22:21:39 2007] : ** (65) Thom looks at the others and tries to direct them on, to leave the man alone. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:21:54 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: "Do you know whose symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:22:17 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan looks up. "No, can't say I've ever heard of that." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:22:24 2007] : (60) Daelan: " It seems that once more the gods have placed us where we do not belong Atross."
[Sat Jan 20 22:22:59 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "No honest man meddles in the affairs of the gods."
[Sat Jan 20 22:23:11 2007] : ** (65) Thom begins walking on further down the path. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:24:02 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: "And I am not a pilgim, I am here against my will."
[Sat Jan 20 22:24:02 2007] : (60) Daelan: " No honest god meddles in the affairs of Edan either."
[Sat Jan 20 22:24:06 2007] : (62) Morti: "What about gods meddling in man's affairs? Is that alright?" :asks sincerely curious of the world's rules as he reaches up to pet the mule's head."
[Sat Jan 20 22:24:47 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "If the gods are afoot in the land, then you would be wise to steer clear of them."
[Sat Jan 20 22:25:11 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): Thom is waking away - hoping everyone else will follow, and get out of this before it's a huge mess. Then we all get to have a nice talk...
[Sat Jan 20 22:25:13 2007] : (60) Daelan: " None of us are here by choice Sevis,tis fate and nothing more."
[Sat Jan 20 22:25:34 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan chops some more. "Shouldn't you be at home? Your mother must be worried sick about you." (to Morti) **
[Sat Jan 20 22:26:08 2007] : ** (62) Morti freezes, staring at the hand he placed up on the mule. Blinking a few times, he reaches out with his other hand to stroke the rasied arm experimentally. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:26:13 2007] : (62) Morti: "Skin...."
[Sat Jan 20 22:26:49 2007] : (62) Morti: "AAHH!!"
[Sat Jan 20 22:27:01 2007] : ** (60) Daelan waits for the others,as he motions them to head South **
[Sat Jan 20 22:27:13 2007] : ** (82) Arun is startled by Morti, and glances over "What is it?" **
[Sat Jan 20 22:27:42 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "Now that I think about it, you might also try the people who live in Arelyd, at the foot of this mountain. They know more about the beekeeper than I do. And if you have coin, you might get some proper clothing. But don't expect to see much of their village. They're good-for-nothings, they are."
[Sat Jan 20 22:28:01 2007] : ** (62) Morti suddenly reaches up to his face, finding his mask gone, he panics at first. but feeling his features over he only gets more fidgedy.. until his fingers wander up into his hairline. "HAIR?!" **
[Sat Jan 20 22:28:16 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan is startled at hearing Morti. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:28:42 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): Are there trees to the sides of the path, or is it over?
[Sat Jan 20 22:28:48 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): *open
[Sat Jan 20 22:28:55 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): trees, yes
[Sat Jan 20 22:28:58 2007] : ** (62) Morti rushes away suddenly, ignoring the man and the group as he rushes to the spring nearby to check out his reflection, dropping his staff and almost moiraine along th eway. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:29:11 2007] : ** (61) Atross tries to pacify the man while Morti gets used to his new look. "He does this sometimes. The open air helps, but there seems to be no cure. It is curiosity." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:29:24 2007] : (61) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): And that's not a typo. It *is* curiosity.
[Sat Jan 20 22:29:27 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan stops chopping and stares. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:29:42 2007] : (62) Morti: "Wow! I have hair!" :a huge smile on his face he turns to call to his friends: "I have Hair!"
[Sat Jan 20 22:29:50 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): Then Thom is going to move into them about five to ten minutes down the path, and hide. Watching, waiting, and listening. hide - [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6), listen (I know you roll)
[Sat Jan 20 22:30:02 2007] : ** (82) Arun shakes his head, clearly not understanding what has Morti so excited. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:30:10 2007] : (61) Atross: :Calling back to Morti: "Yes, you do. Try not to lose your head about that."
[Sat Jan 20 22:30:11 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan shrugs. "First strangers and now this. I think I need a drink." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:30:24 2007] : ** (66) Sevis Goloens starts off south at a slow pace **
[Sat Jan 20 22:30:26 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sat Jan 20 22:30:30 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so much for hiding
[Sat Jan 20 22:30:40 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): hey - he's never been good at hiding. :)
[Sat Jan 20 22:30:59 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): so - he's hiding by sitting in the middle of the road. :)
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:00 2007] : ** (60) Daelan looks at Morti then back over to Arkilan," Yes Morti you have hair,best lower your voice so that we may continue on with our journey." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:07 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:14 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): bits and snippets of the convo
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:22 2007] : (60) Daelan: " What strangers do you speak of?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:33 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): most likely Morti's explimations. :)
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:33 2007] : (82) Arun: "Us, I would think."
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:40 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "You. Especially you."
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:50 2007] : ** (62) Morti laughs out loud, apparently having lost his mind to anyone unaware of his usual circumstance. Stalking proudly out of the water, the still rather unhandsome youth couldn't be happier to strut about. "I think I'm going to like it here." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:31:51 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): *exclimations.. wow, my typing is worse than usual tonight.
[Sat Jan 20 22:32:03 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "It's been many a year since I last saw an elf."
[Sat Jan 20 22:32:37 2007] : (62) Morti: :looking to Atross' bald head, Morti adds in a shake of his newly returned hair.. just to show off:
[Sat Jan 20 22:32:52 2007] : (60) Daelan: " It seems we are as rare here as in our own time Atross."
[Sat Jan 20 22:33:01 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "You're not from here, are you?" (repeats)
[Sat Jan 20 22:33:08 2007] : (84) Tauren (enter): 22:33
[Sat Jan 20 22:33:17 2007] : ** (60) Daelan shakes his head," No I am not. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:33:37 2007] : (61) Atross: "As you might have guessed. I'm Atross, and we've traveled some distance to get here."
[Sat Jan 20 22:34:16 2007] : (72) Arkilan: "I thought so. Come here to get those cattle, eh? Good luck, you and a thousand others are."
[Sat Jan 20 22:35:23 2007] : (84) Tauren (exit): 22:35
[Sat Jan 20 22:36:17 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I believe that placing Apollos arrows upon the alter could be concidered a good offering,perhaps it would be in our best interest in finding these cattle."
[Sat Jan 20 22:37:39 2007] : (62) Morti: "Huh?" :looks to Daelan at the mention of the arrows. Taking a second to think it over he adds: "Also.. those prophetic answers he promised... maybe we can find what we're looking for though him?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:38:10 2007] : (60) Daelan: " That is possible Morti."
[Sat Jan 20 22:38:20 2007] : (60) Daelan: " What say the rest of you?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:38:54 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan continues chopping, although a bit more slowly. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:39:06 2007] : (82) Arun: "I agree. Not only will he be able to help us do what it is we are here to do, but I have a quesion of my own that I believe he can answer."
[Sat Jan 20 22:40:10 2007] : ** (66) Sevis Goloens just keeps heading south **
[Sat Jan 20 22:40:15 2007] : (60) Daelan: " If they walk upon the ground,I am sure I can find their trail."
[Sat Jan 20 22:40:17 2007] : ** (61) Atross says, perhaps a bit overloudly so Arkilan can hear, "I agree. There's no reason to give up just because there's other people searching. Now let's be on our way lest they find them while we stall." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:41:21 2007] : ** (82) Arun jogs to catch up to Sevis **
[Sat Jan 20 22:41:22 2007] : ** (62) Morti nods back to Atross and hurries to retrieve his staff. With a slight bow to the Arkilan, Morti offers in parting, "Thank you for your help.. and sorry for disturbing you, sir." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:41:25 2007] : ** (61) Atross quite unsubtely proceeds down the path. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:41:49 2007] : ** (72) Arkilan continues chopping, as if he hasn't heard a thing. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:42:02 2007] : ** (62) Morti turns and hurries to catch up. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:42:03 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): Thom asks Sevis to stop and wait with him nce the man reaches his resting point down the road.
[Sat Jan 20 22:42:14 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Jan 20 22:42:38 2007] : ** (60) Daelan waits until the others have left,as he brings up the rear. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:42:40 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): just to let you know Thom is trying to get the party all together - just away from listening ears.
[Sat Jan 20 22:43:21 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Jan 20 22:43:38 2007] : (72) DM: (you regroup eventually)
[Sat Jan 20 22:43:43 2007] : ** (65) Thom and Sevis wait for the others about five minutes walk down the path. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:44:03 2007] : (65) Thom: "Ok, we need to settle somethings before we go any further."
[Sat Jan 20 22:44:54 2007] : ** (61) Atross explains once everyone has caught up again. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:45:10 2007] : ** (62) Morti hums a happy little tune.. a big smile never leaving his lips as he catches up and stops before Atross, "Huh?" **
[Sat Jan 20 22:45:21 2007] : (65) Thom: "First, does anyone know where we are and how the locals feel about adventurers and life?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:45:40 2007] : (65) Thom: "As in - knowing more than what that man there told us."
[Sat Jan 20 22:46:42 2007] : ** (65) Thom waits a moment for any responses. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:46:47 2007] : (62) Morti: :thinks it over before answering: "No... and... no."
[Sat Jan 20 22:46:51 2007] : (82) Arun: "Vrainos said we were going to a place called Greece. That's all I know."
[Sat Jan 20 22:47:04 2007] : (61) Atross: "Not a clue, but we'll more easily be believed as searching for Apollo's cattle. And if we're looking for a specific but mysterious place as part of that search then maybe they won't question us so much."
[Sat Jan 20 22:48:06 2007] : (65) Thom: "Exactly, none of us know what this place is or how we will be received. Thus, everyone needs to be careful what they say. If you are afraid you might slip up, than say nothing."
[Sat Jan 20 22:48:26 2007] : (65) Thom: "That is a good idea Atross - a good place to start."
[Sat Jan 20 22:49:30 2007] : (65) Thom: "I don't care for being tricked into this little quest any more than any of you, but I am not going to lose my life for some unknown goddess either, especially not because we were killed by some local militia somewhere."
[Sat Jan 20 22:49:37 2007] : (62) Morti: "Gotcha.... say nothing." :nods along in understanding.:
[Sat Jan 20 22:50:26 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Well it seems that I do not blend in as much as I had hoped,what do you suggest I do?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:50:43 2007] : (82) Arun: "Cover your ears, perhaps?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:51:02 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I wear a hood what more do you require?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:51:33 2007] : (65) Thom: "I don't know what exactly we are supposed to do, but as much as I don't care for Vrainos and his goddess, I intend to head his warnings. No mention of the goddess. The cover of searching for this Apollo's cattle should work. That is why we are in this area now, understand?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:52:10 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Let me know when you wish for me to start tracking them Thom."
[Sat Jan 20 22:53:07 2007] : ** (65) Thom nods to Daelan, 'Sounds like a good plan. It could even be a way to explain how an elf is with us, since they don't seem very common sites here either." **
[Sat Jan 20 22:54:01 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: "Well lets just head to this beekeeper, we have to find a bronze container and free the one within it before the bees return, and we only have a few days to do so"
[Sat Jan 20 22:54:09 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Well atleast I recieved a better welcome than I have at other places."
[Sat Jan 20 22:54:28 2007] : (85) Tauren (enter): 22:54
[Sat Jan 20 22:54:39 2007] : (85) Tauren (exit): 22:54
[Sat Jan 20 22:54:41 2007] : (61) Atross: "Yes, at least he only seemed surprised."
[Sat Jan 20 22:54:44 2007] : (62) Morti: :nods to Daelan: "See, hanging out with us has made you a more likable person."
[Sat Jan 20 22:55:18 2007] : (65) Thom: "Good idea Sevis. Let's do that. Just everyone be careful with what you say, ok?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:55:19 2007] : (66) Sevis Goloens: (( rebooting Open brb ))
[Sat Jan 20 22:56:02 2007] : ** (62) Morti nods briskly **
[Sat Jan 20 22:56:15 2007] : (65) Thom: "So, where did that man say the beekeeper was?"
[Sat Jan 20 22:56:27 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I was likable when I was not with you Edan,it is just being with you has made me appreciate the silence of the wood."
[Sat Jan 20 22:56:42 2007] : (86) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:56
[Sat Jan 20 22:56:55 2007] : (60) Daelan: " South."
[Sat Jan 20 22:57:01 2007] : (86) Dj Gilcrease: Booting '(66) Dj Gilcrease' from server...
[Sat Jan 20 22:57:02 2007] : (66) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 22:57
[Sat Jan 20 22:57:03 2007] : (61) Atross: "At a mountain south, and the people of the town may know more about him."
[Sat Jan 20 22:57:18 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (86) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Jan 20 22:57:46 2007] : (65) Thom: "Then let's head that way. Daelan, feel free to check for any cattle tracks as we progress. Although somehow I doubt it will be that easy."
[Sat Jan 20 22:59:30 2007] : ** (60) Daelan begins to head South,his eyes scanning the ground as he moves at an easy pace. **
[Sat Jan 20 22:59:34 2007] : (62) Morti: "Shouldn't we ask in this town first before trekking out South. After all, according to Arkilan, it seemed people were coming here to look for the cattle."
[Sat Jan 20 23:00:05 2007] : (65) Thom: "The town is to the South. As is the beekeeper, as is everything."
[Sat Jan 20 23:00:13 2007] : (72) DM: (southwest actually)
[Sat Jan 20 23:00:25 2007] : (62) Morti: "Oh..."
[Sat Jan 20 23:00:38 2007] : ** (65) Thom follows behind Daelan as the group continues to talk. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:01:43 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): as we are moving I am scanning the ground for any tracks the may look like those of a cow
[Sat Jan 20 23:01:57 2007] : (65) Thom: "So, we might as well hit the town, get what information we can about the cattle search, and the beekeeper. Although, not from the same sources most likely - otherwise others searching for the cattle might find out and think there is a connection. The less we have following us, the better off we will be."
[Sat Jan 20 23:02:00 2007] : (62) Morti: brb
[Sat Jan 20 23:02:26 2007] : (60) Daelan: " One thing bothers me Thom,how does a god loose his charge? You would think it would be a simple task to find his own cattle."
[Sat Jan 20 23:02:36 2007] : ** (61) Atross follows down the mountain while they continue to discuss plans. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:02:43 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Jan 20 23:02:51 2007] : (61) Atross: "It's probably intentional."
[Sat Jan 20 23:03:13 2007] : (82) Arun: "Or, this Apollo is not truely a god."
[Sat Jan 20 23:03:38 2007] : (65) Thom: "That, or another god interfering. Personally, I hope Atross is right."
[Sat Jan 20 23:04:27 2007] : (60) Daelan: " So the gods are just as petty in this time as they are in ours? Makes one wonder why we even bother with them in the first place.'
[Sat Jan 20 23:04:56 2007] : (65) Thom: "That is always a good question Daelan. Why?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:05:49 2007] : (82) Arun: "They guide us. I have not heard of a petty god. It is the worshippers that are often petty."
[Sat Jan 20 23:06:55 2007] : ** (65) Thom slows a little, so that he approaches the newest of the travelling group - Arun. "I appologize for running out before I met you earlier, I was hoping to get around this trip. However, I am pleased that you decided to join us - another hand is beneficial. I am Thom, locksmith by trade, adventurer by necessity." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:07:53 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Politics and religion are two subjects that I do not wish to debate,none are right or wrong."
[Sat Jan 20 23:07:54 2007] : (83) Mini (exit): 23:07
[Sat Jan 20 23:08:01 2007] : ** (82) Arun gives a quick bow in Thom's direction. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:08:49 2007] : (72) DM: It takes you a little over two and a half hours to descend the mountain's flank and reach the village. As you approach, you can see glimpses of the village as the trees begin to thin. It seems to sit in the middle of a clearing that's been cut out of the forest.

A bell begins to ring in the distance (from within the village).

[Sat Jan 20 23:09:39 2007] : ** (65) Thom looks thoughtfully at the town as they approach and he hears the ringing bell. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:10:08 2007] : ** (62) Morti passes the time chatting with their new friend, getting to know as much as possible of him, and talling him of our group. As the bell sounds, he stops to look around. "Is that for us?" **
[Sat Jan 20 23:10:24 2007] : ** (60) Daelan reaches into his pack,taking out a piece of dried meat,biting off a piece he replaces the rest back into his pack," Shall I wait outside as normal or shall I enter with the rest of you?" **
[Sat Jan 20 23:10:33 2007] : ** (82) Arun restlessly places his hands on the hilts of his scimitars as he walks **
[Sat Jan 20 23:10:41 2007] : (72) DM: The village of Arelyd is set on a small rise and is surrounded by a log palisade 8' high with a rampart on the inside. Archers can be seen looking over a wall. The gate is on the north side of the village and is flanked by 12' high watchtowers.

Little of the village can be seen beyond the gate, only log roofs and a 20' tall belltower where the sound seems to be coming from.

[Sat Jan 20 23:10:48 2007] : ** (60) Daelan glances up at the sky **
[Sat Jan 20 23:11:01 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): time of day?
[Sat Jan 20 23:11:03 2007] : (72) DM: (its about noon right now)
[Sat Jan 20 23:11:30 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I would say the bell is for calling the workers for meals."
[Sat Jan 20 23:11:32 2007] : ** (61) Atross looks around as they enter the clearing to get a view of how the town is situated. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:11:39 2007] : (65) Thom: "Enter with us. But," Thom pauses, knowing daelan won't like it, "Maybe be sure to keep your head lowered for now, until we get a better feel for this place. But I'd rather not split the group much if we can help it."
[Sat Jan 20 23:11:50 2007] : (72) DM: (see above)
[Sat Jan 20 23:12:08 2007] : (61) Atross: (whispering): (GW): (explaining why we see above)
[Sat Jan 20 23:12:14 2007] : (72) DM: As you approach the gate, an archer calls down from above with a challenge.
[Sat Jan 20 23:12:27 2007] : (72) Archer: "Who are you and what do you do here?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:12:34 2007] : (61) Atross: (whispering): (GW): An archer challenge? He doesn't know who he's playing with.
[Sat Jan 20 23:12:36 2007] : (60) Daelan: " As you ask Thom."
[Sat Jan 20 23:13:04 2007] : (61) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Oh, just a plain challenge.
[Sat Jan 20 23:13:46 2007] : (86) Sevis Goloens: "I am Sevis, and as far as I know I dont do anything here as I have just arived."
[Sat Jan 20 23:13:47 2007] : (65) Thom: "We are on a quest, searching for the missing beasts of Apollo. We seek to enter to stock on provisions for our travels." Thom responds.
[Sat Jan 20 23:14:14 2007] : ** (60) Daelan glances up at the archers on the wall,smiling to himself as he picks out each archer," They are well placed,but not very protected Thom." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:14:16 2007] : (86) Tektite: "I am Tektite."
[Sat Jan 20 23:14:37 2007] : ** (65) Thom nods slightly to Daelan. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:14:37 2007] : (72) DM: The archer withdraws, though the rest of his compatriots keep their bows trained on you.
[Sat Jan 20 23:14:52 2007] : (72) DM: There seems to be a commotion behind the walls.
[Sat Jan 20 23:15:07 2007] : ** (65) Thom remains where he stopped, his hands away from his sword and dagger. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:15:38 2007] : ** (62) Morti leans on his staff, waiting for the guard's reply, while his other hand pets Moiraine lazily. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:15:46 2007] : (72) DM: Then, the gate promptly opens and three men stride out -- an elderly man in trimmed white robes, a blacksmith and a middle-aged human man in leathers and breeches.
[Sat Jan 20 23:16:17 2007] : ** (61) Atross quietly comments to the group while they wait, "This must be a troubled town to have such defenses." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:16:39 2007] : ** (65) Thom gives a polite nod in deferrence to the elderly man. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:17:07 2007] : ** (62) Morti offers the three men a polite bow, though keeps his generally troublesome mouth shut. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:17:48 2007] : (72) Keileon: "I am Keileon, elder of this village. This is Istareon (indicates the smith) and Thendas. Where do you hail from?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:17:56 2007] : ** (60) Daelan moves off to the side,not watching the three that came out,but keeping his eyes on the archers on the walls,even though he listens to what is being said. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:18:28 2007] : ** (82) Arun lingers on the side of the group, letting someone else deal with the three **
[Sat Jan 20 23:18:29 2007] : (61) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): They have to get to the troublesome question first
[Sat Jan 20 23:19:14 2007] : ** (72) Istareon seems to be sizing you up and down, his eyes missing nothing. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:19:20 2007] : (61) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I see Zane is working so I'll let that finish before I start making stories for them.
[Sat Jan 20 23:19:35 2007] : ** (72) Thendas hefts a bulging wineskin at his side as he listens to Keileon speak. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:20:07 2007] : (65) Thom: "Well met Keileon. I am Thom, and my companions and I are from over the mountain." ((Diplomacy - [1d20+12] => [6,12] = (18) )) "We have been travelling for a long time and would appreciate some food and lodging."
[Sat Jan 20 23:22:35 2007] : (72) Keileon: "I am afraid that is quite impossible. There are no inns here in our village, and even if there were, you would not be welcome here."
[Sat Jan 20 23:22:59 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): how many archers are on the walls? and what condition is the wall in? is it fresh cut logs or have they been here for awhile and are weathered?
[Sat Jan 20 23:23:06 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): solid wood
[Sat Jan 20 23:23:11 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): at least 30
[Sat Jan 20 23:23:16 2007] : ** (65) Thom sighs. "Very well then. We will not bother you. Do you know of another town nearby that would have use of our coin?" **
[Sat Jan 20 23:23:19 2007] : (62) Morti: :blurts: "That's kind of harsh."
[Sat Jan 20 23:23:44 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Most towns do not suffer strangers Morti."
[Sat Jan 20 23:23:47 2007] : ** (62) Morti quickly slaps his hand over his mouth, remembering he said he wouldn't speak. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:23:54 2007] : (72) Istareon: "We can sell you what you need, if you wish."
[Sat Jan 20 23:24:35 2007] : (86) Sevis Goloens: "Keileon, would you mind if I asked you a few questions before we went on our way?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:24:42 2007] : (72) Keileon: "Food, rations, some equipment but no weapons. There is a mule to be had if you have need of one."
[Sat Jan 20 23:25:43 2007] : (65) Thom: "Ah, so you do have goods for sale. Excellent. Would it be possible to see the equipment available for purchase? It is hard to know of everything that you might need, so much easier to simply notice something as being useful."
[Sat Jan 20 23:26:10 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): basically - trying to say, I like to window shop and am more likely to but more that way.
[Sat Jan 20 23:27:39 2007] : ** (62) Morti looks around the horizon, for signs of farms or firelds nearby, after pondering if the area within the wall is large enough to support such. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:27:46 2007] : ** (72) Istareon reaches into a belt pouch and produces a scroll. "Ale, bread, cheese, eggs, fresh vegetables, meat, nuts, dried foods, wine, clothes, shoes, rope, canvas, sacks, salt, honey, a mule. Ekleus might have a potion or two." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:27:52 2007] : ** (60) Daelan moves over to Thom,speaking softly to him," See if they have any healing herbs as well as bandages." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:28:13 2007] : ** (72) Thendas offers the wineskin to you. "Have some, if you wish. The blessing of Bacchus be on you." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:28:45 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they're saying, they know what they have but you're not seeing it
[Sat Jan 20 23:28:53 2007] : (86) Sevis Goloens: "Keileon do you know whose symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:28:56 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): until you buy it
[Sat Jan 20 23:28:58 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): yeah - I got that. :)
[Sat Jan 20 23:29:22 2007] : (72) Keileon: "No, I can say I have never heard of that."
[Sat Jan 20 23:29:24 2007] : ** (65) Thom accepts Thendas' offereing. "And on you as well." Thom takes a drink from the wineskin. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:29:32 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ordinary wine
[Sat Jan 20 23:29:42 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): whew.. :)
[Sat Jan 20 23:30:32 2007] : (72) Thendas: "You do not hail from here. Your tongue is strange and your clothes are not at all familiar to us." (passes the wineskin to Atross)
[Sat Jan 20 23:30:35 2007] : ** (65) Thom turns to Sevis, "Apparently that information was wrong than. If so, that means that the beekeeper is also likely fictional." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:30:44 2007] : ** (62) Morti leans forward to whisper to thom, once he's finished drinking, "Would it be rude to ask them why they're so up in arms?" **
[Sat Jan 20 23:30:51 2007] : (60) Daelan: " We will need bread,cheese,nuts,dried meat,dried fruit,atleast 200 ft of rope,salt and honey." " Do they have any more waterskins for sale as well?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:31:03 2007] : (72) Keileon: "The beekeeper? Yes, there is a beekeeper but he lives on the great mountain."
[Sat Jan 20 23:31:41 2007] : (72) DM: (you negotiate with Istareon on the items)
[Sat Jan 20 23:32:03 2007] : (65) Thom: "Most likely." he mutters back under his breath. Thom turns to Keileon, his eyes in surprise. "There is? Oh, that's great. Would you be able to point us in his direction, or even introduce us to him?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:32:20 2007] : (72) DM: (prices start at 50% above PH prices, honey is double the listed price, and salt is 10 times the listed price)
[Sat Jan 20 23:32:27 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Do we wish to purchase a mule as well?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:33:26 2007] : (65) Thom: "Not now, it would only hinder us at the moment."
[Sat Jan 20 23:33:31 2007] : (86) Sevis Goloens: "I dont think we do."
[Sat Jan 20 23:34:27 2007] : ** (61) Atross tries to politely accept the wine to not cause a scene. "Thank you." Atross hands the wineskin back after just a mouthful of the stuff. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:35:21 2007] : (72) Keileon: "Yes, there is a beekeeper on the great mountain. If you are going that way, you can travel directly over the mountain but it will take you two and a half days, and the hazards are great. Also there is the mater of getting past the bees that live on the mountain for miles around the beekeeper's place. IF you circle west instead, following the Aroanius River around the western flank of Mount Cyllene, the trip will take you less than two days. The trail, a hunter's track really, is not hard to follow. ITs end is a cairn of stones showing the beginning of the mountain track that leads to the beekeeper's home. This track too is clear, if you know where it starts. It's the route we take when we go to trade for honey, and best of all, it avoids the stench of the Stymphalian Marsh that covers the mountain.
[Sat Jan 20 23:36:24 2007] : (86) Sevis Goloens: "Circle around west it is then."
[Sat Jan 20 23:36:32 2007] : (61) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Translation: We're hiding something in our town and wish you to be on your way as quickly as possible.
[Sat Jan 20 23:36:35 2007] : ** (65) Thom nods in agreement. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:38:18 2007] : (72) Thendas: "Yes, stay clear of the Stymphalian Marsh. The stench of it will turn your stomach inside out. If that's not bad enough, there are the Stymphalian Birds. It's said, and I have this on good authority, that a plague of wolves frightened the Birds into the marsh. Those must be some mean wolves, for the Birds are ugly, smelly killers with bronze beaks and claws. It's said that they have bronze wings they use like shields. They're the source of the stench, which is so bad that it even drove a clan of cyclopses out of the citadel they built on the eastern part of Cyllene! Take my word, you want no part of the marsh or its Birds."
[Sat Jan 20 23:38:32 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Do you offer anything that is not on your list?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:38:41 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Jan 20 23:39:05 2007] : ** (65) Thom finishes off the negotiation of the items with Istaeron, adding five gold above the cost to the total. "Thank you for the information, we will be sure to visit you again when we need supplies again." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:39:14 2007] : (72) Istareon: "Ekleus might have a potion or two. That would be it."
[Sat Jan 20 23:39:45 2007] : (60) Daelan: " We will take the potions as well."
[Sat Jan 20 23:39:59 2007] : ** (62) Morti 's brow raises considerably as he listens to the tales of bronze killer birds, monsterous wolves and cyclopses. "Wow..." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:40:14 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): Not a lot extra, but than again, they didn't do much for us. :)
[Sat Jan 20 23:42:01 2007] : (72) Keileon: "If you follow the Aroanius, you will reach a stretch where the river turns almost due south. When it turns southwest again, with the foothills only six hundreds of paces away on your left, then forty-eight hundreds of paces north of the cairn. Here the line of Cyllene's foothills is almost north-south. You'll find the cairn on your left, by the stump of a tree that was struck by lightning. The beginning of the trail up the mountain is due east of the cairn, between two small hills. The trail is well marked. So long as you stay on it, the bees won't bother you. But for your lives, do not harm the bees!"
[Sat Jan 20 23:42:31 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yup
[Sat Jan 20 23:43:07 2007] : (65) Thom: "We have no intention of doing so, but thank you for the warning."
[Sat Jan 20 23:43:12 2007] : (62) Morti: "How big are the bees?!" :asks dumbly, still excited about the other monster descriptions:
[Sat Jan 20 23:43:17 2007] : ** (72) Istareon turns around and re-enters the village to get the items from the storehouses. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:43:37 2007] : (72) Thendas: "Each is as big as a horse." (spreads his hands wide)
[Sat Jan 20 23:43:50 2007] : ** (62) Morti gawks at the man **
[Sat Jan 20 23:44:23 2007] : (62) Morti: "Do you think I could ride one?!"
[Sat Jan 20 23:44:33 2007] : ** (65) Thom's eyes widen slightly as well. "I'd imagine that it is not easy to do them harm." **
[Sat Jan 20 23:45:12 2007] : (72) Thendas: "Their honey is exquisite." (smiles) "And sacred to Athena, she of the grey eyed owls."
[Sat Jan 20 23:46:37 2007] : (62) Morti: :scrunches his eyes conspiriatorially: "How big are the owls?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:46:57 2007] : ** (65) Thom glances back at Morti, with a disapproving look. "We'll find something else for you, ok?" Thom looks back at Thendas with a smile, "Little ones..." he says. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:48:03 2007] : ** (62) Morti flinches at Thom's words, remembering again he was going to be quiet. With a coy snicker he habitually reaches up to scratch his head. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:48:12 2007] : (72) Keileon: "The owls? Normal-sized. Pay no mind to Thendas. Sometimes the wine gets to him."
[Sat Jan 20 23:49:05 2007] : (65) Thom: "As I can understand, it was delicious wine."
[Sat Jan 20 23:49:32 2007] : (72) Thendas: "So you're searching for the sun god's cattle, eh? Most of Greece is as well."
[Sat Jan 20 23:50:54 2007] : (72) Keileon: "Yes, it seems that the god's cattle were stolen from the slopes of Mount Olympus by an unknown thief. There is a rumor that Silenus, the lord of satyrs, is out hunting for the cattle. Silenus has let it known that he would take it amiss if others would beat him to Apollo's reward."
[Sat Jan 20 23:51:01 2007] : (72) Keileon: (matter-of-factly)
[Sat Jan 20 23:51:02 2007] : (65) Thom: "Yes, as we have been told. It would be easier without any competition, but we hope that our information leads us to sucess where others have failed."
[Sat Jan 20 23:52:15 2007] : (65) Thom: "Of course - although all that Silenus wants is the recogonition by Apollo. Doesn't really matter who finds them, just who returns them - right?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:52:24 2007] : ** (65) Thom says with a slight grin. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:54:07 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): trying to imply that we could be working with Silenus... who knows, if we can confuse them enough maybe they will figure it is easier to forget about us after we leave. :)
[Sat Jan 20 23:54:51 2007] : (62) Morti: "How long have they been missing?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:55:09 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): satyrs are woodland beings correct? are there any on Andurin that I would know of?
[Sat Jan 20 23:55:27 2007] : ** (72) Keileon nods sagely, as Istareon returns with your supplies, accompanied by two archers each carrying a bulging sack. **
[Sat Jan 20 23:55:48 2007] : (72) Thendas: "About the space -- looks over at Keileon -- of a week."
[Sat Jan 20 23:56:03 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Jan 20 23:56:12 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): centaurs and satyrs
[Sat Jan 20 23:56:38 2007] : (62) Morti: :turns to Daelan: "How far can a herd of cattle move in a week?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:56:43 2007] : (72) Istareon: "Here you go, your supplies as promised."
[Sat Jan 20 23:56:56 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Why would a satyr be interested in a gods cattle?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:57:24 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Depends on the animal,and if it is being driven or moving on its own Morti."
[Sat Jan 20 23:57:30 2007] : (86) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke, hopefully it will wake me up a bit ))
[Sat Jan 20 23:57:41 2007] : (65) Thom: "At least you admit to not being sure. So many others say that it was exatly at this point or another, such disagreement makes it more difficult for those trying to find them. But that sounds about right with what we have heard from others."
[Sat Jan 20 23:58:07 2007] : (62) Morti: "Hmm?" :turns from Dael back to the townsmen: "Do you have a map of the area around Mount.. uh.. Lympis..?"
[Sat Jan 20 23:59:03 2007] : (65) Thom: "Thank you good sir." he says as he takes possession of the bags. He gives one to Sevis to carry (since he disappeared on us) and one to Atross, for now.

[Sun Jan 21 00:00:13 2007] : ** (61) Atross hefts the bag over his shoulder as he takes it. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:01:14 2007] : (72) Keileon: "If that is all, we bid you good bye and good luck." (turns around to walk back through the gates, with Thendas and Istareon following)
[Sun Jan 21 00:02:30 2007] : ** (82) Arun looks to the group "It seems we have our directions. On to the beekeeper?" **
[Sun Jan 21 00:02:57 2007] : (65) Thom: "Thank you." Thom says as they leave. He waits for them to enter the town again before directing the party around the town wall, toward the beekeeper via the directions provided to them "Yes."
[Sun Jan 21 00:03:12 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Well atleast this quest seems to be an easy one so far."
[Sun Jan 21 00:03:20 2007] : (62) Morti: :grins: "Hope I get to ride one."
[Sun Jan 21 00:03:39 2007] : ** (82) Arun sighs "Things always look easy at first." **
[Sun Jan 21 00:04:14 2007] : (61) Atross: "If what he said about the bees is true, I'd definitely understand needing to be gone before the bees return.
[Sun Jan 21 00:04:26 2007] : (65) Thom: "By the way, did you order enough stuff Daelan? If I had realized it was going to be that much, I would have gotten the mule as well."
[Sun Jan 21 00:05:49 2007] : (60) Daelan: " We have no idea how long we will be here,and the next town may prove to be even more hostile than this one."
[Sun Jan 21 00:06:10 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Better to have more food than not enough."
[Sun Jan 21 00:07:05 2007] : (61) Atross: "Though I do wonder why they are so secretive."
[Sun Jan 21 00:07:07 2007] : (60) Daelan: " And judging from the lack of tracks I have seen so far,I do not think hunting for our food is a viable resource."
[Sun Jan 21 00:07:46 2007] : (62) Morti: "That's okay.. I don't need to eat."
[Sun Jan 21 00:07:58 2007] : (65) Thom: "Very true, I guess I have gotten used to you being able to find food in the woods. But it would be difficult to know what would be safe here I guess."
[Sun Jan 21 00:08:31 2007] : (62) Morti: "I do wonder what magical roast beef taste like though."
[Sun Jan 21 00:08:48 2007] : (62) Morti: "Mmmm..."
[Sun Jan 21 00:09:15 2007] : (65) Thom: "If the cattle are this Apollo's - and Apollo is a god, I doubt you will find out."
[Sun Jan 21 00:09:49 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I do not think that the cattle just wandered off,something or someone had to have taken them."
[Sun Jan 21 00:09:54 2007] : (62) Morti: "I know, I know... Maybe some magic milk though."
[Sun Jan 21 00:10:40 2007] : (65) Thom: "Or, as Atross mentioned, Apollo took them himself for some reason."
[Sun Jan 21 00:11:04 2007] : (62) Morti: "Huh?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:11:13 2007] : (60) Daelan: " All of Greece is seeking the cattle? Now I do not know the size of Greece but I am sure there have been several thousand out looking for these cattle,and I am sure that there had to be atleast one if not more good trackers,I mean there is a Satyr out there looking for them."
[Sun Jan 21 00:12:18 2007] : (65) Thom: "Exactly, but that's why it makes a great cover story for us. There are so many that are looking for them, what's one more group?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:12:32 2007] : (82) Arun: "If it is a test, perhaps the answer lies in understanding what it is that Apollo wants from his followers."
[Sun Jan 21 00:12:43 2007] : (86) Sevis Goloens: (( I am having truble keeping my eyes open so I am gona go to sleep, see ya for the FR game ))
[Sun Jan 21 00:13:01 2007] : (86) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 00:13
[Sun Jan 21 00:13:04 2007] : (65) Thom: (( g'night DJ ))
[Sun Jan 21 00:13:39 2007] : (60) Daelan: " He is a god,what do all gods want? To be followed blindly."
[Sun Jan 21 00:14:24 2007] : (65) Thom: "Of course, it really doesn't matter to us - that's not exactly what we are here for."
[Sun Jan 21 00:15:49 2007] : (72) DM: (need to find out which direction you're going, if you'll follow the provided directions or strike out on your own; if the latter, I need to know which direction)
[Sun Jan 21 00:16:03 2007] : (60) Daelan: " That is true Thom."
[Sun Jan 21 00:16:13 2007] : (82) Arun: (we're following the directions to the path, I think)
[Sun Jan 21 00:16:15 2007] : (60) Daelan: ( heading out in the direction we were told to go)K
[Sun Jan 21 00:16:25 2007] : (65) Thom: (( provided directions. ))
[Sun Jan 21 00:18:45 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): that's why I said Thom led the group to the beekeeper's via the directions provided. :)
[Sun Jan 21 00:19:30 2007] : (72) DM: ((FFing then.))
[Sun Jan 21 00:19:44 2007] : (72) DM: ((Three hours later...))
[Sun Jan 21 00:20:12 2007] : (72) DM: Horribly out of tune music can be heard in the distance, followed by drunken belching.
[Sun Jan 21 00:20:35 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): I still am scanning the ground as I walk,looking for any cattle tracks.
[Sun Jan 21 00:20:40 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Jan 21 00:21:31 2007] : ** (65) Thom looks ahead, wondering who they could be meeting on this road. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:21:34 2007] : ** (60) Daelan holds his hand up,as he moves to the side and begins to move forward,his bow at the ready **
[Sun Jan 21 00:21:38 2007] : (62) Morti: "Eh?" :looks around for the source of the bad music a they walk.
[Sun Jan 21 00:21:50 2007] : (72) DM: As you round the bend along the Aroanius River, you spot a cheerful, overly fat man riding on a mule that appears to be straining beneath his weight. Two satyrs accompany him, one playing a set of panpipes and the other trotting along, trying not to strangle his companion.
[Sun Jan 21 00:22:12 2007] : (65) Thom: "Keep it low for now Daelan, don't want to scare some poor man before we can talk to him."
[Sun Jan 21 00:22:31 2007] : ** (60) Daelan slings his bow,steps forward speaking in Quessir to the Satyrs. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:22:33 2007] : (72) DM: The fat man drinks greedily from a stuffed wineskin, letting drops of wine stain his beard and colorful garb.
[Sun Jan 21 00:23:03 2007] : ** (65) Thom stays back for now, letting Daelan talk and simply waiting to see what this fat man does. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:23:25 2007] : (72) Phonius: "Ah, a quessir! Greetings!"
[Sun Jan 21 00:23:34 2007] : (60) Daelan: (whispering): " Greetings brother of the wood,I bid you a fond welcome."
[Sun Jan 21 00:23:49 2007] : ** (72) Phonius gesticulates excitedly to the fat man as Daelan approaches. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:24:18 2007] : ** (60) Daelan bows his head slightly," I bid you a fond welcome,you are a welcome sight for these eyes." **
[Sun Jan 21 00:25:01 2007] : (72) DM: The fat man greets Daelan, hand extended in greeting, while the other cradles the wineskin protectively.
[Sun Jan 21 00:25:35 2007] : (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs: "Ho there, mortal! What dost thou do here?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:26:02 2007] : ** (62) Morti eyes the fat man, before whispering to his friends, "Should we say something on the mule's behalf?" **
[Sun Jan 21 00:26:07 2007] : (65) Thom: (( do we understand him as well, or is he speaking only to Daelan? ))
[Sun Jan 21 00:26:08 2007] : (93) Donovan (enter): 00:26
[Sun Jan 21 00:26:17 2007] : ** (60) Daelan looks at the fat human,ignores him and speaks to the Satyrs. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:26:22 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (93) Donovan...
[Sun Jan 21 00:26:23 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I am Daelan of the Calen Quessir,I seek the keeper of the bees."
[Sun Jan 21 00:26:25 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(61) Donovan' from room...
[Sun Jan 21 00:26:26 2007] : (61) Donovan (exit): 00:26
[Sun Jan 21 00:27:38 2007] : (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs: "The keeper of the bees, eh? Well, thou art on the right track. I could send a guide with thee and thy companions, should thou wish it."
[Sun Jan 21 00:28:18 2007] : (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs: "I am Silenus, Lord of Satyrs. By what name art thou called and what dost thou do here?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:28:41 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I thank you,but I too am a tracker,I am sure you will need all the guides you can muster to seek the missing cattle."
[Sun Jan 21 00:29:20 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I am called Daelan."
[Sun Jan 21 00:30:14 2007] : (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs: "May She-Who-Is-Three-In-One see thee through then." (drinks from the wineskin and belches drunkenly)
[Sun Jan 21 00:30:36 2007] : (62) Morti: "Three in- whanow?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:30:52 2007] : ** (60) Daelan motions for the others to step forward **
[Sun Jan 21 00:30:52 2007] : (62) Morti: "Who?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:30:54 2007] : ** (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs leers at Daelan as he swills wine from the skin, letting a few drops spray. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:31:26 2007] : (65) Thom: (( do we also understand Silenus? ))
[Sun Jan 21 00:31:35 2007] : (72) DM: ((yep))
[Sun Jan 21 00:33:16 2007] : ** (82) Arun places a gloved hand on morti's shoulder, whispering "We're trying not to act conspicuous. We should act like we know what he is talking about whenever possible." **
[Sun Jan 21 00:33:29 2007] : ** (65) Thom steps forward as Daelan motions. "Pleasure to meet you Silenus, and indeed - we are most grateful for your offer of a guide. Our quest is small, but we have a short time to complete it. Would your guide be able to show us a quicker way to meet the keeper of the bees?" **
[Sun Jan 21 00:34:16 2007] : ** (62) Morti nods to Arun, "Yeah, but I'd still like to know." **
[Sun Jan 21 00:35:22 2007] : (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs: "Thou art on a quest? Thou art strange for heroes by thy look and speech and make."
[Sun Jan 21 00:36:05 2007] : (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs: "I would send Phonius to accompany thee up unto the foothills of the great mountain."
[Sun Jan 21 00:36:19 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Jan 21 00:36:19 2007] : (93) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Strangely, no one has called our *quest* strange, just us.
[Sun Jan 21 00:36:43 2007] : (60) Daelan: " The same could be said of you Silenus,questing to find lost cattle."
[Sun Jan 21 00:36:59 2007] : (65) Thom: "Yes, as we have been informed many times. Apparently all the good local heros are trying to beat you to Apollo's cattle." Thom smiles, letting Silenus know his means no disrespect.
[Sun Jan 21 00:37:19 2007] : (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs: "Why the great Apollo hath offered a great reward. 'Tis only right that I should have first claim to it."
[Sun Jan 21 00:37:47 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): because you don't look it
[Sun Jan 21 00:37:48 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Jan 21 00:38:43 2007] : (65) Thom: "Of course, and we would hate to be the cause for you to miss that claim by keeping you here. We would welcome the companionship of your guide, and I am sure that you have a search to continue, so we will take no more of your time."
[Sun Jan 21 00:39:32 2007] : (60) Daelan: " You speak as though no matter who finds the cattle,you are the one who will be taking the reward Silenus,right has nothing to do with it,the rewards should go to the one who completes the task,not to the one who deems it is his right."
[Sun Jan 21 00:40:48 2007] : ** (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs shrugs languidly. "Lesser beings may not succeed where I shall prevail." **
[Sun Jan 21 00:41:18 2007] : (62) Morti: :whispers to Arun on hearing Daelan's claim: "Wasn't that ruder than mentioning pity for the mule?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:42:12 2007] : (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs: "Phonius shall guide thee then."
[Sun Jan 21 00:42:31 2007] : ** (60) Daelan nods his thanks to Silenus **
[Sun Jan 21 00:42:38 2007] : ** (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs swills from the wineskin as you consider this. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:42:43 2007] : (65) Thom: "I would wish you luck, but I can see that you have little need of it. Again, thank you for the guide."
[Sun Jan 21 00:42:50 2007] : ** (82) Arun whispers back to morti "It might be. Depends on how sensitive he is about his weight or his beliefs." **
[Sun Jan 21 00:43:30 2007] : (60) Daelan: " We thank thee for the aide,may the Mother of All smile upon you this and every day Silenus."
[Sun Jan 21 00:44:14 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Jan 21 00:44:14 2007] : (82) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): and/or to mislead us down a more dangerous path
[Sun Jan 21 00:44:51 2007] : (62) Morti: "Hmm..." :ponders for a brief moment then steps up beside Dael to offer his own parting with a bow.: "Good luck in your hunt, and please remember to let your mule rest now and again."
[Sun Jan 21 00:45:55 2007] : ** (72) Silenus, Lord of Satyrs belches loudly and continues on. Phonius appears relieved and joins your group. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:46:07 2007] : (72) Phonius: "He can be obnoxious at times."
[Sun Jan 21 00:46:26 2007] : (65) Thom: "Welcome, Phonius was it?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:47:05 2007] : ** (72) Phonius nods. "And you are?" **
[Sun Jan 21 00:47:06 2007] : (62) Morti: :shakes his head as he watches the lord ride away, citing sadly: "Poor animal."
[Sun Jan 21 00:47:11 2007] : (60) Daelan: " He is what he is Phonius,nothing more,nothing less."
[Sun Jan 21 00:47:29 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I have had dealings with Satyr and Centaur in the past."
[Sun Jan 21 00:48:02 2007] : ** (60) Daelan pulls his hood back,revealing his fine elven features **
[Sun Jan 21 00:48:06 2007] : (65) Thom: "I am Thom, pleased to meet you. Do you know the beekeeper that we seek?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:50:19 2007] : (72) Phonius: "I know of him and where he resides but have never seen him."
[Sun Jan 21 00:50:59 2007] : (72) Phonius: "So, it is true. A quessir. Pleased to meet you."
[Sun Jan 21 00:51:17 2007] : (62) Morti: "Great. It'll be a first time for both of us. Do you know if he lets people ride the bees?"
[Sun Jan 21 00:51:32 2007] : (72) Phonius: "Ride the bees?" (seems puzzled)
[Sun Jan 21 00:52:04 2007] : (60) Daelan: " It is a pleasure to meet you as well Phonius,it has been along time since I have spoken my tongue or even spoke to those whom dwell in the wood as I do."
[Sun Jan 21 00:52:22 2007] : ** (62) Morti nods. "The man back in town said they were the size of horses. I've never rode a giant insect before." **
[Sun Jan 21 00:53:24 2007] : (60) Daelan: " He is an Edan Phonius,he thinks the world is a big and exciting place,full of wonders and riches,he has yet to see the hardships faced by the other races as you and I have."
[Sun Jan 21 00:53:42 2007] : (72) Phonius: "That would be a sight to see." (chortles)
[Sun Jan 21 00:53:45 2007] : ** (93) Atross shrugs, unable to hinder Morti's imagination. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:54:31 2007] : (62) Morti: "Eh?" :raises a brow to Daelan:
[Sun Jan 21 00:54:56 2007] : ** (65) Thom glances at Morti, but decides it won't hurt to let him have his imagination run wild on this one. **
[Sun Jan 21 00:56:46 2007] : (60) Daelan: " It has been along time since I last heard the sound of the Satyr pipes,please tell me you play better than that horrid sound we heard as we approached you."
[Sun Jan 21 00:57:45 2007] : (62) Morti: (afk)
[Sun Jan 21 00:58:31 2007] : (72) Phonius: "Oh these? I'm learning."
[Sun Jan 21 00:59:12 2007] : (72) Phonius: "No, I'm afraid riding those bees would be out of the question. They're larger than most bees but not riding size." (snickers)
[Sun Jan 21 00:59:41 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Have you met any other Quessir other than myself Phonius?"
[Sun Jan 21 01:00:25 2007] : (72) Phonius: "A very long time ago, Daelan. I have not seen a quessir for a long time since the Compact was signed."
[Sun Jan 21 01:01:16 2007] : (62) Morti: "Compact?"
[Sun Jan 21 01:01:22 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Compact?"
[Sun Jan 21 01:01:33 2007] : (65) Thom: (( brb - smoke while Dalean and Phonius talk ))
[Sun Jan 21 01:02:20 2007] : (72) Phonius: "The time of the elves is waning on this plane. In exchange for a realm to call their own, the fae agreed with the powers of Hell to send thirteen of their number each century, and so the Compact was signed, and the realm of Faerie created. An apt agreement considering that elves, fae and the Sidhe rely on illusion and glamour." (shrugs)
[Sun Jan 21 01:03:22 2007] : (72) Phonius: "Most elvenkind, fae and Sidhe have removed themselves from this plane and no longer remain in the world."
[Sun Jan 21 01:03:50 2007] : (72) Phonius: "I daresay you are one of a rare few left in the mortal realm."
[Sun Jan 21 01:04:17 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Yet I notice that some still have remained,others who have seen me do not seem that put out with my being here."
[Sun Jan 21 01:04:48 2007] : ** (72) Phonius nods. "Not yet." **
[Sun Jan 21 01:05:40 2007] : (60) Daelan: " In this realm I probably am the last remaining one,now where we come from there are more of us,though our numbers are getting smaller and smaller each century."
[Sun Jan 21 01:06:13 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Yet they do not seem put out by the sight of your kind either Phonius."
[Sun Jan 21 01:06:32 2007] : ** (62) Morti frowns and reaches up to pat Dael's shoulder in some small act of consolation. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:07:23 2007] : (65) Thom: (( pack ))
[Sun Jan 21 01:07:29 2007] : (65) Thom: (( *back ))
[Sun Jan 21 01:07:53 2007] : (96) Totharious (enter): 01:07
[Sun Jan 21 01:08:24 2007] : (65) Thom: (( we are walking during this time, yes? ))
[Sun Jan 21 01:08:32 2007] : (96) Totharious (exit): 01:08
[Sun Jan 21 01:08:36 2007] : (60) Daelan: ( I sure hope so)
[Sun Jan 21 01:08:50 2007] : (65) Thom: (( just making sure. ))
[Sun Jan 21 01:09:19 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I do not require pity or sympathy Morti,in my time I have seen six,nae seven generations of Edan come and go."
[Sun Jan 21 01:09:49 2007] : ** (82) Arun doesn't seem to be paying much attention to the conversation, gradually drifting ahead of the group as they talk. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:10:22 2007] : (62) Morti: "So? most of the old people are know are sentimental?"
[Sun Jan 21 01:10:33 2007] : ** (65) Thom walks, listening, but only partially interested in the conversation. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:11:44 2007] : (72) DM: ((Yes))
[Sun Jan 21 01:12:17 2007] : (62) Morti: (old people I've know.. rather))
[Sun Jan 21 01:12:41 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I am not one to think of the past Morti,I do not walk down memory lane and think about what once was,I am just saying I have seen many Edan come and go,at times they left at my hands."
[Sun Jan 21 01:14:03 2007] : (62) Morti: "Okay.. okay.." :backs off, adding careless.: "You don't have to open up if you don't want to."
[Sun Jan 21 01:15:45 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Knowledge can be a blessing as well as a curse Morti,just be sure you wish to know the answer before you ask the question."
[Sun Jan 21 01:18:13 2007] : (65) Thom: (( FF again? ))
[Sun Jan 21 01:18:47 2007] : ** (62) Morti glances back to Daelan, head tottering side to side in thought before speaking seriously, "I'd like to gain as much knowledge as I can in my life. For the more you know, the more you can compare things to and make better decisions for the future. But I won't make you tell me anything personal or painful if you don't want to. But if you want to talk, I'm more than happy to listen for your sake." **
[Sun Jan 21 01:18:53 2007] : (72) DM: After a few more hours, Phonius leads you to the foothills of Mount Cyllene.
[Sun Jan 21 01:19:19 2007] : (72) Phonius: "This is as far as I can take you. If you follow this path up the mountain, you will come to the beekeeper's abode."
[Sun Jan 21 01:19:29 2007] : (72) DM: (it's sunset)
[Sun Jan 21 01:20:26 2007] : (65) Thom: (( does it match the description Keileon gave us? ))
[Sun Jan 21 01:20:41 2007] : (60) Daelan: " You must rest with us this night so that you are fresh for the morning road Phonius."
[Sun Jan 21 01:20:55 2007] : (65) Thom: "Oh, I thought you were tavelling with us to meet the beekeeper."
[Sun Jan 21 01:22:11 2007] : (72) DM: ((yes))
[Sun Jan 21 01:22:35 2007] : (72) Phonius: "I cannot as I must return to attend my lord Silenus."
[Sun Jan 21 01:23:03 2007] : (65) Thom: "I understand, and I'm sorry." Thom smiles.
[Sun Jan 21 01:23:50 2007] : (60) Daelan: " You will rest for the night Phonius."
[Sun Jan 21 01:23:52 2007] : (62) Morti: :bows to Phonius: "I wish you well. And makes sure fatso doesn't eat the god's cattle if he finds them."
[Sun Jan 21 01:24:37 2007] : ** (72) Phonius smiles faintly. "May She-Who-Is-Three-In-One see you through as well." **
[Sun Jan 21 01:24:50 2007] : (62) Morti: "Who?"
[Sun Jan 21 01:25:11 2007] : (72) Phonius: "The triple goddess. Maiden, mother and crone."
[Sun Jan 21 01:25:43 2007] : ** (62) Morti cocks his head. "Sounds familiar... Like aspects of Onerios..." **
[Sun Jan 21 01:26:17 2007] : (72) Phonius: "Oneiros is a name not spoken overmuch." (cocks his head at Morti and looks at you oddly)
[Sun Jan 21 01:27:51 2007] : (62) Morti: "Uh... he's an.. uncle of mine..?"
[Sun Jan 21 01:28:12 2007] : (93) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Morti has a learning disorder. He can't stop learning. =P
[Sun Jan 21 01:28:26 2007] : (62) Morti: "He.. uh.. dresses like a woman ... sometimes..."
[Sun Jan 21 01:28:33 2007] : (93) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): That, at least, has to be a learning experience
[Sun Jan 21 01:29:12 2007] : (93) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I agree, he must have a similar speech disorder as well.
[Sun Jan 21 01:29:12 2007] : ** (62) Morti looks away, apparently dumbfounded by himself **
[Sun Jan 21 01:31:16 2007] : (62) Morti: ((wow... brought the whole game to a halt with that one. ^_^))
[Sun Jan 21 01:31:26 2007] : (72) Phonius: "I see."
[Sun Jan 21 01:31:29 2007] : (65) Thom: "Anyway, Morti's family line aside - would you rest the evening with us Phonius? I do not think we should travel without the sun to light the way."
[Sun Jan 21 01:31:44 2007] : ** (93) Atross attempts to ponder the mental image to explain what Morti just described. As he fails miserably to come up with anything not riotously ridiculous, Atross seems stricken mute as well. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:32:04 2007] : (72) Phonius: "I would stay with you, yes, so I can hear more of these stories." (chuckles)
[Sun Jan 21 01:32:42 2007] : (65) Thom: "Knowing Morti, he will be unable to stop telling them." Thom glances at Morti before starting to set up camp.
[Sun Jan 21 01:32:49 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lmao
[Sun Jan 21 01:33:11 2007] : ** (62) Morti goes red faced as he looks away, embarassed by his own dumb mouth. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:33:29 2007] : ** (60) Daelan moves off away from the others,finds a quiet place to rest,then settles in for a few hours of rest,before he takes watch. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:34:13 2007] : (65) Thom: Thom stays up for first watch, speaking to Phonius of what he knows of the beekeeper.
[Sun Jan 21 01:34:22 2007] : ** (65) Thom stays up for first watch, speaking to Phonius of what he knows of the beekeeper. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:34:36 2007] : ** (62) Morti helps set up camp before settling down to pour though the scorlls which his spellbook seems to have turned into, trying to get everything in order. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:35:54 2007] : (72) Phonius: "Not much. Like I've said before, I know of him but have never seen him. He keeps the bees and tends to his hives, and at times leads raids against the Birds of the marsh."
[Sun Jan 21 01:36:41 2007] : (62) Morti: "You mean the bronze birds?" :adds under his breath: "Wonder if I could ride them instead."
[Sun Jan 21 01:37:13 2007] : (65) Thom: "Morti, I think you have a better chance of riding Daelan."
[Sun Jan 21 01:37:42 2007] : ** (82) Arun sits down and begins running a whetstone over one of his knives, watching the sun set **
[Sun Jan 21 01:38:14 2007] : (62) Morti: "Hmmm..." :looks to Daelan: "Yeah.. but I think he'd get upset if I turned him into a giant bee."
[Sun Jan 21 01:39:07 2007] : ** (93) Atross sets down the bag he'd been carrying and idly goes through its contents before further setting up camp. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:39:28 2007] : ** (72) Phonius glances at Morti oddly. "You could no more ride the Birds than they would leave a corpse unattended." **
[Sun Jan 21 01:39:46 2007] : (65) Thom: "No one seems to know much of the beekeeper himself. It seems as though he keeps to himself."
[Sun Jan 21 01:39:50 2007] : (62) Morti: "Hmph.. figures.."
[Sun Jan 21 01:40:23 2007] : (72) Phonius: "That he does. Very few have seen him depart his domain atop the great mountain."
[Sun Jan 21 01:41:18 2007] : (65) Thom: "And I doubt that many make the treck up to see him, except for some honey."
[Sun Jan 21 01:41:41 2007] : (62) Morti: "Oh?" :scootches closer to the tale of the beekeeper: "What is he like? Is he human?"
[Sun Jan 21 01:45:00 2007] : (72) Phonius: "He's human, yes. Traditionally, the keeper of the bees is a man but there have been female keepers as well." (scratches his head) "I'm sorry I can't be of much more help."
[Sun Jan 21 01:45:25 2007] : (62) Morti: "Oh.. that's kind of boring."
[Sun Jan 21 01:47:00 2007] : (65) Thom: "That is fine, you have been a help already."
[Sun Jan 21 01:47:11 2007] : (62) Morti: "What about the cattle? How close do you guys think you are to findig them?"
[Sun Jan 21 01:48:12 2007] : ** (72) Phonius clams up once this subject is broached. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:48:31 2007] : (72) Phonius: "I'll be going to sleep now."
[Sun Jan 21 01:48:44 2007] : ** (72) Phonius yawns and stretches. "It's been a long day." **
[Sun Jan 21 01:49:20 2007] : (65) Thom: "Aye, rest well."
[Sun Jan 21 01:49:58 2007] : ** (62) Morti takes the cue and lays down to rest himself. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:50:49 2007] : ** (72) Phonius trots to the fringe of the camp and lays down, mumbling to himself which eventually gives way to snores. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:52:08 2007] : ** (65) Thom pulls out his medallion, trying it on once again for a few minutes before once again taking it off and stashing it away. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:52:21 2007] : ** (65) Thom remains awake, keeping first watch. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:52:43 2007] : ** (82) Arun goes to sleep once the sun has set **
[Sun Jan 21 01:53:23 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it doesn't function
[Sun Jan 21 01:53:44 2007] : (72) DM: In the morning, Phonius is gone.
[Sun Jan 21 01:53:50 2007] : (65) Zane: (whispering): yeah, I figured as much, but Thom wanted to double check - make it wasn't just the temple or something.
[Sun Jan 21 01:54:54 2007] : ** (60) Daelan awakes after 4 hours of rest and watches Phonius leave just before the sun rises. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:55:09 2007] : ** (65) Thom wakes from his rest after being relieved of watch. He looks over, noticing the missing 'guide' and sets to getting some breakfast before they head out. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:56:09 2007] : ** (62) Morti is up bright and early. After a breakfast of rations,he prepares his spells for day then falls into deep meditation while waiting for the others to awaken. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:57:14 2007] : (72) DM: While Thom is making breakfast, you spot your first glimpse of the famous bees. They really are as big as a horse....as in a young pony. A pair of worker bees buzz several hundred feet away over distinctive red flowers, 5' high.
[Sun Jan 21 01:57:28 2007] : ** (60) Daelan returns to camp after scouting the area out," I saw Phonius leave just before sunup." **
[Sun Jan 21 01:58:03 2007] : ** (93) Atross is awakened as others prepare, but spends some time to think through the recent events. **
[Sun Jan 21 01:59:29 2007] : (65) Thom: "I noticed he was gone, I'm glad that he made off on his own as opposed to those bees."
[Sun Jan 21 01:59:41 2007] : ** (82) Arun woke up around the same time as Daelan, and spent the early morning walking restlessly around the fringes of the campsite. **
[Sun Jan 21 02:00:22 2007] : (65) Thom: "Be careful in scouting Daelan, we were warned about staying on the path."
[Sun Jan 21 02:00:44 2007] : (82) Arun: (afk)
[Sun Jan 21 02:01:21 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I am well aware of that Thom,you can hear them coming long before they are upon you."
[Sun Jan 21 02:02:38 2007] : (65) Thom: "Very well, I just wanted to remind you. If you are comfortable doing so, we do appreciate the scouting."
[Sun Jan 21 02:03:14 2007] : (82) Arun: (back)
[Sun Jan 21 02:03:33 2007] : (62) Morti: 0.o
[Sun Jan 21 02:04:28 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I shall not wander to far ahead,but I will scout."
[Sun Jan 21 02:04:39 2007] : (93) Atross: "I must say, I really wasn't expecting them to be so large."
[Sun Jan 21 02:05:22 2007] : (65) Thom: "Neither was I, but they appear to be more interested in the flower than us at least."
[Sun Jan 21 02:05:42 2007] : (72) DM: The forest opens up and you see a vast field of red flowers, each 5' high, with blossoms 6" or more in diameter. Giant hives are visible , never closer than 100 yards. Worker bees swarm in the fields and a change in the breeze brings a thick, cloying scent to you.
[Sun Jan 21 02:05:47 2007] : (62) Morti: "Of course they are. Bees aren't carnivores."
[Sun Jan 21 02:06:27 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I do not think any of us should stray from the path."
[Sun Jan 21 02:07:02 2007] : (62) Morti: "And I'm pretty sure if I shrink myself down to the size of a halfling I could ride one." :apparently hasn't given up on the idea yet.:
[Sun Jan 21 02:07:07 2007] : (65) Thom: "Bees we know Morti, you never know about things in a new world."
[Sun Jan 21 02:07:59 2007] : ** (62) Morti nods to Thom. "Right, right... I'll ask the beekeeper first." **
[Sun Jan 21 02:08:23 2007] : (65) Thom: "Speaking of whom. Are we all ready to travel?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:08:41 2007] : (60) Daelan: " Morti were I you,I would look at the size of the stinger on them before attempting to ride one,they would impale you."
[Sun Jan 21 02:09:31 2007] : ** (93) Atross gathers up his own bag again, "Ready here." **
[Sun Jan 21 02:09:50 2007] : (82) Arun: "I'm ready to move."
[Sun Jan 21 02:11:03 2007] : ** (62) Morti stands, getting ready to leave, as he looks to Daelan: "I've been thinking on that, and I might have a solution. Bees, like many insects, communicate though smells. So... if I get a friendly scent on me, maybe they won't attack, and will take me as par tof the hive." **
[Sun Jan 21 02:12:15 2007] : (65) Thom: "Let's go then. Daelan, would you lead the way? Just in case the trail is not as easy as they claim, you would likely see it best."
[Sun Jan 21 02:12:50 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I would not do that if I were you Morti,even a subtle change in odors could either cause them to swarm or even attack."
[Sun Jan 21 02:13:29 2007] : (62) Morti: "I didn't say it was a simple idea. That's why I'd ask the beekeeper before trying such a thing."
[Sun Jan 21 02:17:06 2007] : (72) DM: The giant bees don't seem to pay you any attention.
[Sun Jan 21 02:17:51 2007] : (72) DM: As for the path, it meanders up the side of the mountain. You're able to make out a small compound of buildings near its summit.
[Sun Jan 21 02:18:05 2007] : (72) DM: Numerous hives dot the mountainside.
[Sun Jan 21 02:18:53 2007] : (65) Thom: "Guess that's our destination." Thom comments.
[Sun Jan 21 02:19:02 2007] : ** (62) Morti walks the path behind Daelan's lead, watching the giant bees and their immense hives with interest, as he apparently converses with his cat on bee riding theories. **
[Sun Jan 21 02:20:06 2007] : ** (82) Arun keeps an eye on the bees, not entirely convinced that they know to leave travellers alone **
[Sun Jan 21 02:20:57 2007] : ** (65) Thom appears to me simply interested on reaching the summit, and their first goal. **
[Sun Jan 21 02:20:59 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I have never seen bees this size in my life,nor after today do I wish to do so ever again."
[Sun Jan 21 02:21:10 2007] : (65) Thom: (( *be, not me ))
[Sun Jan 21 02:23:13 2007] : (62) Morti: "I wonder if they have any other kinds of giant bugs around here." :ponders as he follows toward the buildings on the peak.:
[Sun Jan 21 02:23:55 2007] : (65) Thom: "Maybe that's why they defend the town so much. Although I doubt that's it."
[Sun Jan 21 02:24:02 2007] : (72) DM: When you reach the top of the trail, you're confronted by several figures, each wearing strange masks that appear to look like bees. Two soldier bees hover in the air flanking them. They're armed and waiting for you.
[Sun Jan 21 02:25:02 2007] : (72) DM: The lead figure appears to be a man of medium height with a powerful appearance, with black hair and a beard. He holds a spear in a defensive, if relaxed position.
[Sun Jan 21 02:25:05 2007] : (62) Morti: "Umm... hi." :holds up a hand in odd wave/salute, showing no apparent threat:
[Sun Jan 21 02:25:12 2007] : ** (65) Thom steps forward, and keeps his hands from his weapons. "We seek the keeper of the bees." **
[Sun Jan 21 02:25:33 2007] : ** (82) Arun places his hand on his weapons when he notices the armed figures, and watches them for hostile movements **
[Sun Jan 21 02:25:35 2007] : (72) The man: "You are speaking to him."
[Sun Jan 21 02:26:02 2007] : (72) The beekeeper: "What do you want?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:27:42 2007] : (65) Thom: "Ahh, well, uh. Sorry, I didn't expect you to be out here. Anyway, we are on a quest to seek a bronze container and free the one within it, he whose symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents, and we were told to seek the place of the bees. Any of this sound familiar?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:28:17 2007] : ** (93) Atross lowers his bag down once they stop. **
[Sun Jan 21 02:28:57 2007] : (72) The beekeeper: "This is the place to come if you were told to follow the bees. But there are no bronze containers here, neither I nor my family know of any."
[Sun Jan 21 02:29:18 2007] : (72) DM: The other figures relax their positions yet do not lay down their weapons.
[Sun Jan 21 02:29:32 2007] : (72) The beekeeper: "Wings and serpents are meaningless to me."
[Sun Jan 21 02:30:02 2007] : (62) Morti: "Hmmm.... any strange goings on with your bees as of late at all?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:30:20 2007] : (72) The beekeeper: "No, not to my knowledge."
[Sun Jan 21 02:30:30 2007] : (65) Thom: "Of course, as they have been to everyone else as well."
[Sun Jan 21 02:31:14 2007] : (65) Thom: "Anyone think of anything that we forgot?" he asks the party.
[Sun Jan 21 02:31:22 2007] : (72) The beekeeper: "Perhaps it is a matter of symbols. What do bees symbolize? Industry. Creativity. Wealth. And what do those things call to mind?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:31:52 2007] : (62) Morti: "Uuuuhhh..."
[Sun Jan 21 02:32:04 2007] : (60) Daelan: " A town."
[Sun Jan 21 02:32:44 2007] : (62) Morti: "Huh?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:33:44 2007] : (72) DM: (Knowledge, anyone)
[Sun Jan 21 02:33:51 2007] : (65) Thom: "Yeah, so does that mean we have to go back to that little town we passed?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:34:06 2007] : (65) Thom: Knowledge: [1d20+1] => [15,1] = (16)
[Sun Jan 21 02:34:13 2007] : (62) Morti: (knowledge what?))
[Sun Jan 21 02:34:19 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Cyclopses
[Sun Jan 21 02:34:37 2007] : (72) DM: (just a knowledge roll)
[Sun Jan 21 02:34:39 2007] : (60) Daelan: " I do not believe so Thom."
[Sun Jan 21 02:34:52 2007] : (62) Morti: Int check: [1d20+3] => [6,3] = (9)
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:03 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): per Greek mythology
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:08 2007] : (93) Atross: Intelligence: [1d20+1] => [8,1] = (9)
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:21 2007] : (82) Arun: Int check: [1d20+1] => [19,1] = (20)
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:26 2007] : (93) Atross: "I'm curious about the birds, actually. With bronze wings?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:33 2007] : (62) Morti: (and for something bee related..))
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:35 2007] : (62) Morti: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+5] => [19,5] = (24)
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:41 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Cyclopses
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:56 2007] : (65) Thom: "What about those cyclopses that were mentioned?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:35:59 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): is the answer, per Greek mythology
[Sun Jan 21 02:36:15 2007] : (82) Arun: "That would make sense."
[Sun Jan 21 02:36:36 2007] : (72) The beekeeper: "Yes, exactly. And there is a citadel where the one-eyed giants live, on the eastern slopes of Mount Cyllene."
[Sun Jan 21 02:37:22 2007] : (62) Morti: "Really? Guessing they don't like company though, right?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:37:34 2007] : (65) Thom: "Ahh, then that must be where we need to go."
[Sun Jan 21 02:38:54 2007] : (72) The beekeeper: "The journey there is perilous for the path overlooks the Stymphalian marsh and flights of the Birds to this part of the mountain are not uncommon. But hist! I am neglectful in my duties as a host. My bees have told me that your intentions are not harmfu. Be you welcome as my guests."
[Sun Jan 21 02:38:56 2007] : (82) Arun: "Could you point us in the direction of the citadel then?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:39:52 2007] : (65) Thom: "Thank you, we would be honored to join you for a moment."
[Sun Jan 21 02:40:11 2007] : (82) Arun: "We should not stay long. We were told time was essential."
[Sun Jan 21 02:41:02 2007] : (82) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): I hardly know anything about cyclopses, so I definitely wouldn't have come to that conculsion on my own.
[Sun Jan 21 02:41:04 2007] : (62) Morti: "You can talk to the bees?"
[Sun Jan 21 02:41:49 2007] : (65) Thom: "True Arun, but a moment would be fine. Besides, I would love to try some of this amazing honey we have heard about."
[Sun Jan 21 02:42:06 2007] : (72) The beekeeper: "But of course." (turns to lead the way into the compound)
[Sun Jan 21 02:42:19 2007] : (72) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
[Sun Jan 21 02:42:36 2007] : (72) DM: oh yeah, I know there wasn't much combat tonight but don't worry, you'll get your share
[Sun Jan 21 02:42:39 2007] : (65) Zane: mmmm.. honey...
[Sun Jan 21 02:42:46 2007] : (72) DM: set up is always fun
[Sun Jan 21 02:42:54 2007] : (65) Zane: much combat? where was that at?
[Sun Jan 21 02:42:55 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: heh
[Sun Jan 21 02:42:58 2007] : (65) Zane: :)
[Sun Jan 21 02:43:04 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: rate this session please
[Sun Jan 21 02:43:08 2007] : (62) Morti: yeah, raiding a citadel of cyclopses should be... interesting
[Sun Jan 21 02:43:20 2007] : (65) Zane: These RP only sessions are just as fun for me, so no problem.
[Sun Jan 21 02:44:04 2007] : (93) Atross: There's just one thing I don't understand in this session...
[Sun Jan 21 02:44:11 2007] : (93) Atross: How is it already midnight here!?
[Sun Jan 21 02:44:12 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: yes?
[Sun Jan 21 02:44:18 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: huh?
[Sun Jan 21 02:44:27 2007] : (93) Donovan: Where oh where did the time go.
[Sun Jan 21 02:44:40 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): its ok
[Sun Jan 21 02:44:46 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I have to move things along
[Sun Jan 21 02:45:31 2007] : (65) Zane: we got here, FFed twice for three hours each... talked, FFed the day trip up the mountain...
[Sun Jan 21 02:45:53 2007] : (93) Donovan: I meant the real time, naturally.
[Sun Jan 21 02:46:00 2007] : (93) Donovan: Gee, no sense of humor at all =P
[Sun Jan 21 02:46:37 2007] : (65) Zane: oh - that's why we're confused. It's 2am (or 3 am) for most of us.
[Sun Jan 21 02:46:50 2007] : (65) Zane: you are the west coast freak. :)
[Sun Jan 21 02:49:06 2007] : (65) Zane: Gee, I offended him so much he stopped talking...
[Sun Jan 21 02:49:35 2007] : (65) Zane: Oh, I rate this session a 9.7 - excellent time, but not exactly a perfect 10.
[Sun Jan 21 02:50:08 2007] : (93) Donovan: Oh no, I just didn't feel I needed to add anything for a bit.
[Sun Jan 21 02:50:23 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: ok, I'll see you next week
[Sun Jan 21 02:50:43 2007] : (65) Zane: How's Wed looking?
[Sun Jan 21 02:50:57 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: schedule was posted on the site
[Sun Jan 21 02:50:59 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: :)
[Sun Jan 21 02:51:26 2007] : (93) Donovan: I guess that's pretty good then
[Sun Jan 21 02:51:26 2007] : (65) Zane: Oh, and it's back up now - good.
[Sun Jan 21 02:51:37 2007] : (60) Daelan: ( actually I like the rping myself)
[Sun Jan 21 02:52:03 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: ok, ttyl
[Sun Jan 21 02:52:20 2007] : (60) Daelan: it is nice to get Daelan back in play now.
[Sun Jan 21 02:52:27 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: we missed you
[Sun Jan 21 02:52:29 2007] : (72) TaliesinNYC: heh
[Sun Jan 21 02:52:34 2007] : (65) Zane: laters.
[Sun Jan 21 02:52:48 2007] : (62) Morti: yeah.. we lacked an antagonist
[Sun Jan 21 02:52:54 2007] : (65) Zane: Yeah, i was missing Thom as well.
[Sun Jan 21 02:53:46 2007] : (65) Zane: Guess I'll finish watching Army of Darkness. Later all.
[Sun Jan 21 02:54:01 2007] : (62) Morti: nite
[Sun Jan 21 02:54:11 2007] : (62) Morti: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 21 02:54:12 2007] : (62) Lunauc (exit): 02:54
[Sun Jan 21 02:54:37 2007] : (82) Arun: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 21 02:54:37 2007] : (82) Tanesh (exit): 02:54
[Sun Jan 21 02:54:39 2007] : (60) Daelan: well time for me to head to bed as well,still suffering the effects of this flu.
[Sun Jan 21 02:54:56 2007] : (65) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Jan 21 02:54:58 2007] : (65) Zane (exit): 02:54
[Sun Jan 21 02:55:10 2007] : (93) Donovan: I suppose I'll do something productive like sleep then.
[Sun Jan 21 02:55:14 2007] : (60) Daelan: night all.
[Sun Jan 21 02:55:30 2007] : (60) Daelan: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 21 02:55:31 2007] : (60) Daelan (exit): 02:55


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms