Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Jan 13 20:35:23 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 20:35

[Sat Jan 13 20:35:23 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 20:35
[Sat Jan 13 20:35:31 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (43) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Jan 13 20:35:35 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (42) Dj Gilcrease...
[Sat Jan 13 20:36:08 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: y0
[Sat Jan 13 20:36:23 2007] : (44) Tanesh (enter): 20:36
[Sat Jan 13 20:36:34 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: Ello
[Sat Jan 13 20:36:38 2007] : (44) Tanesh: hey
[Sat Jan 13 20:36:42 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (44) Tanesh...
[Sat Jan 13 20:36:44 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: hi
[Sat Jan 13 20:38:54 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: so roll up your PCs
[Sat Jan 13 20:39:26 2007] : (44) Tanesh: k
[Sat Jan 13 20:39:41 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [3,3,4,2] = (12)
[Sat Jan 13 20:39:42 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [3,6,3,3] = (15)
[Sat Jan 13 20:39:43 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [6,3,1,6] = (16)
[Sat Jan 13 20:39:44 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [6,3,2,1] = (12)
[Sat Jan 13 20:39:45 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [6,3,4,6] = (19)
[Sat Jan 13 20:39:45 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [1,2,2,6] = (11)
[Sat Jan 13 20:41:12 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: your choice of Damrosil or Mel Nethra for this one
[Sat Jan 13 20:41:26 2007] : (44) Tanesh: k
[Sat Jan 13 20:41:36 2007] : (44) Tanesh: can I roll the other before I choose which is which?
[Sat Jan 13 20:41:39 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: 10, 12, 15, 11, 16 and 10
[Sat Jan 13 20:41:53 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: should be 4d6, drop lowest
[Sat Jan 13 20:41:55 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: go ahead
[Sat Jan 13 20:42:02 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [1,3,6,4] = (14)
[Sat Jan 13 20:42:03 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [5,6,1,3] = (15)
[Sat Jan 13 20:42:03 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [3,3,2,1] = (9)
[Sat Jan 13 20:42:03 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [6,2,4,3] = (15)
[Sat Jan 13 20:42:04 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [6,1,3,6] = (16)
[Sat Jan 13 20:42:04 2007] : (44) Tanesh: [4d6 ] => [3,3,3,1] = (10)
[Sat Jan 13 20:42:24 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: 13, 14, 8, 13, 15 and 9
[Sat Jan 13 20:43:58 2007] : (44) Tanesh: okay. First roll will go to my damrosil char, and the second will be my mel'nethra
[Sat Jan 13 20:44:44 2007] : (44) Tanesh: and I get to add 5 + level bonuses to this, right?
[Sat Jan 13 20:47:43 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: Can I roll the Stats for the new game so I can flush out the character a bit more?
[Sat Jan 13 20:49:11 2007] : (46) Lunauc (enter): 20:49
[Sat Jan 13 20:49:22 2007] : (46) Lunauc: YO!
[Sat Jan 13 20:50:36 2007] : (44) Tanesh: hey
[Sat Jan 13 20:50:58 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: You finaly get to {ab}use Morti again =P
[Sat Jan 13 20:51:38 2007] : (46) Lunauc: It's been so long since I've played anything, and now I finally get to be Morti again.. Aaaahh.... good
[Sat Jan 13 20:52:38 2007] : ** (46) Morti slips into character **
[Sat Jan 13 20:53:29 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: yes
[Sat Jan 13 20:53:34 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (46) Lunauc...
[Sat Jan 13 20:54:09 2007] : (46) Morti: now onlt if I could remember what we were doing....
[Sat Jan 13 20:54:14 2007] : (46) Morti: ; P
[Sat Jan 13 20:55:24 2007] : (47) SimpleSmog (enter): 20:55
[Sat Jan 13 20:56:00 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: Stat Rolls for Andurin: Tabula Rasa
[Sat Jan 13 20:56:00 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: [4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [3,3,3] = (9)
[Sat Jan 13 20:56:00 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: [4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [5,4,4] = (13)
[Sat Jan 13 20:56:00 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: [4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [6,6,6] = (18)
[Sat Jan 13 20:56:00 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: [4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [4,4,4] = (12)
[Sat Jan 13 20:56:01 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: [4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [6,6,6] = (18)
[Sat Jan 13 20:56:01 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: [4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [4,4,4] = (12)
[Sat Jan 13 20:57:22 2007] : (47) SimpleSmog: Hi. Am I inturruping?
[Sat Jan 13 20:57:37 2007] : (47) SimpleSmog: *interrupting
[Sat Jan 13 20:57:48 2007] : (46) Morti: not yet. I'll think you'll need to try harder than that
[Sat Jan 13 20:58:02 2007] : (47) SimpleSmog: hehe
[Sat Jan 13 20:58:44 2007] : (48) Zane (enter): 20:58
[Sat Jan 13 20:58:52 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 13 20:58:52 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): okay, so my Damrosil character has str: 16 Dex: 18 Con: 12 Int: 13 Wis: 10 Cha 10, and my Mel'Nethra char has 6, 13, 8, 20, 20, 13, respectively, including racial and level bonuses
[Sat Jan 13 20:59:26 2007] : (47) SimpleSmog: Anyway. I'm off...I'm just trying v1.7.1. Bye. :)
[Sat Jan 13 20:59:43 2007] : (47) SimpleSmog (exit): 20:59
[Sat Jan 13 21:00:14 2007] : (46) Morti: Huh.. you'd figure I'd be happy to see the evacuation of smog....
[Sat Jan 13 21:00:31 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: lol
[Sat Jan 13 21:01:14 2007] : (48) Zane: Going for a smoke since it doesn't seem like we are ready to start quite yet anyway...
[Sat Jan 13 21:06:17 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): would it be allowable to slightly modify the fighter class to fit my character? If it's okay, I'd like to drop the heavy and medium armor proficiencies for the Skill Familiarity feat.
[Sat Jan 13 21:07:16 2007] : (50) Donovan (enter): 21:07
[Sat Jan 13 21:07:36 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sat Jan 13 21:11:32 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (48) Zane...
[Sat Jan 13 21:11:35 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (50) Donovan...
[Sat Jan 13 21:11:48 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Jan 13 21:13:15 2007] : ** (46) Morti smiles. "Aaahhh... back together again! Now what were we doing?" **
[Sat Jan 13 21:13:22 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): also, would a player-made feat be okay? what I have in mind is identical to the extra rage feat, except it applies to dervish dances.
[Sat Jan 13 21:14:03 2007] : ** (50) Atross turns over. "Before you volunteered us, we were sleeping." **
[Sat Jan 13 21:14:08 2007] : (48) Zane: (( back. ))
[Sat Jan 13 21:16:55 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: (( we, if I remember corectly, were about to help Rhina become a full member of the Aes Sedi. Prior to you agreeing to help her Sevis was out meditating and investigating his new powers and found a friend durring that time. The others I dont remember what they were doing ))
[Sat Jan 13 21:17:14 2007] : (48) Thom: (( Thom was visiting the local bars and drinking. ))
[Sat Jan 13 21:17:24 2007] : (48) Thom: (( that's all I remember... :P ))
[Sat Jan 13 21:17:48 2007] : (46) Morti: (blackout drunk, huh?)
[Sat Jan 13 21:18:10 2007] : (46) Morti: (tsk, tsk... anc you're supposed to be a rolemodel for Morti)
[Sat Jan 13 21:18:13 2007] : (48) Thom: (( not blackedout... yet... ))
[Sat Jan 13 21:21:04 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): Rolling HP [9d10+20 ] => [2,1,6,8,1,7,1,10,10,20] = (66)
[Sat Jan 13 21:21:46 2007] : (48) Thom: (( besides - Thom never asked to be a rolemodel for anyone... ))
[Sat Jan 13 21:22:33 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I need to see a write up of the feat
[Sat Jan 13 21:22:43 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): e-mail it to me
[Sat Jan 13 21:22:45 2007] : (46) Morti: ((And yet here we are... funny how these things sneak up on ya))
[Sat Jan 13 21:23:25 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): k
[Sat Jan 13 21:24:18 2007] : (50) Atross: ((I'd offer to be your role model but you have most of my philosophy down already. Now if you would just learn some proper archery you'd be set.))
[Sat Jan 13 21:24:55 2007] : (46) Morti: ((he can use a crossbow.. not very well though))
[Sat Jan 13 21:29:52 2007] : (50) Atross: ((well, it's a start.))
[Sat Jan 13 21:37:08 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: need a few more minutes
[Sat Jan 13 21:37:23 2007] : (48) Zane: k
[Sat Jan 13 21:37:26 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: do you have an idea of what you want to do for Damrosil Tanesh?
[Sat Jan 13 21:37:38 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: as in a background skeleton or something?
[Sat Jan 13 21:37:49 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: you can enter the game tonight if you like
[Sat Jan 13 21:44:48 2007] : (44) Tanesh: i do have a vague amount of background. Arun is basically just a homeless wanderer at this point. I'll send you another email with what I have on his background, if you'd like, or I can just sum it up here.
[Sat Jan 13 21:46:38 2007] : (46) Morti: Good. We were in need of a hobo.
[Sat Jan 13 21:46:45 2007] : (44) Tanesh: lol
[Sat Jan 13 21:47:14 2007] : (46) Morti: you do know how to make hobo stew.. I presume
[Sat Jan 13 21:47:19 2007] : (48) Zane: But not a drunken hobo - Thom calls the drunken character today. :)
[Sat Jan 13 21:48:32 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: and description?
[Sat Jan 13 21:48:50 2007] : (46) Morti: but everyone needs a drinking buddy. and it's an easy in for his character. When do you get attached to people faster than when you end up helping eachother not fall over while vomitting in the alley behind the pub?
[Sat Jan 13 21:48:57 2007] : (46) Morti: Aaahh... memories..
[Sat Jan 13 21:49:48 2007] : (48) Zane: True, but I do believe that Thom made it back to Atross at the Inn.
[Sat Jan 13 21:50:42 2007] : (46) Morti: But did he make it back to the inn without help? :raises pinky to lip ala dr evil:
[Sat Jan 13 21:51:45 2007] : (48) Zane: Good point
[Sat Jan 13 21:52:14 2007] : (44) Tanesh: Physical description, you mean?
[Sat Jan 13 21:52:49 2007] : (44) Tanesh: sorry if I'm slow to reply, I'm typing up his backstory at the same time
[Sat Jan 13 22:02:19 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): okay, just sent you the writeup of what I have for a background.
[Sat Jan 13 22:03:53 2007] : (46) Morti: ((..making sure I'm still here...))
[Sat Jan 13 22:04:13 2007] : (48) Zane: (( nope, you're gone, gone for good. ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:04:37 2007] : (46) Morti: ((NNNOOOOOOO!!!!))
[Sat Jan 13 22:05:37 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'll take a look at it after tonight's game
[Sat Jan 13 22:05:49 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if you feel comfortable in entering tonight, you're welcome to
[Sat Jan 13 22:06:04 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if not, you can begin when you've got things settled more
[Sat Jan 13 22:06:35 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'd have liked to have had this done during the break because the thought of sitting out one more week may not sit well with you
[Sat Jan 13 22:09:39 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: ok, let's begin
[Sat Jan 13 22:09:46 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): Hmm... I don't know. Do you have any of that information on Zayali characters written up? Maybe I could read what you have as the session goes on, and you could add my character in part way through? I think right now the biggest issue is that I don'tk now that he'll fit the setting entirely,.
[Sat Jan 13 22:10:22 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: you left off last Damrosil session with Rhian about to be tested by the Amyriln Seat and raised to the shawl of an Aes Sedai
[Sat Jan 13 22:10:47 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: I decided to scrap running her Test because I didn't want to pull any punches
[Sat Jan 13 22:11:10 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: so we'll assume that her Test was successful and she's now a Sister of the Grey Ajah
[Sat Jan 13 22:11:16 2007] : (48) Zane: (( good - Thom would have had to sober up for that... ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:11:47 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: recall that you had been asked by the Regent of Damrosil to recover certain items needed to bring about the return of the High King of Alalminor
[Sat Jan 13 22:12:39 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: you were asked to determine whether the prophecy of the Brothers of Brie was a true prophecy
[Sat Jan 13 22:12:49 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 13 22:12:49 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Ok, I lost my log, but I recall that before Thom got too plastered, he was able to arrange the transportation that they needed (horses and ponies)
[Sat Jan 13 22:13:53 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: prophecy: With six hands of Loring the Lost upon the Wheel of Time, at the moment Bazel mounts his Chariot to do battle with the Seven Daughters, the Dead King shall rise to seize the triad with hands that cannot grasp and eyes that cannot see. All wards broken and the mystic barriers pierced with mating swords, three sinners and saints will struggle in the dust, both and neither to triumph. And while the sundered earth spews forth the dregs of centuries, a new Order shall come upon the Land.
[Sat Jan 13 22:14:49 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: you journeyed to the forest of Loring's Wood, to a clearing that contained a stone table called "The Wheel of Time" and using a mystic ritual, determined that the time of the prophecy was at hand
[Sat Jan 13 22:15:25 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): Actually, as long as I get his clothing right, I should be okay to join. I have enough of his personality outlined that I can probably play, and I don't imagine we'll be getting too much into his history into the first session.
[Sat Jan 13 22:16:02 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): Do zayali people have similar clothing to the Aire?
[Sat Jan 13 22:16:26 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: along the way, you had numerous adventures, including slaying a daemon, encountering Rhian Sedai, and a mysterious shield that encompassed the city of Wysos
[Sat Jan 13 22:16:48 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: you journeyed to Pelham, and Rhian underwent her Test
[Sat Jan 13 22:17:04 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: (( we are on our way to find Caer, From my notes "Seek the Luggh River, near the mountain called Dagda's Thumb. Ascend the mountain, and you will find a tower of alabaster near its summit. There you will find Caer." ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:18:52 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: (( either that, as it isnt far from Pellam, or to finish escorting Rhian back to the White Tower then head back to find Caer ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:19:20 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: your task has barely begun, for after leaving Damrosil, the Regent asked you to recover three items necessary to return the High King to the mortal realm: the keys to his tomb, the regalia of Damrosil and an elixir that might return him to life.
[Sat Jan 13 22:19:33 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: The keys were taken by a robber baron of great renown
[Sat Jan 13 22:19:54 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: The regalia is located at the Tower of Inverness wherein lost magicka reigns
[Sat Jan 13 22:20:03 2007] : (48) Zane: (( Thom was expecting drop off Rhian, then visit Caer. However, if she was willing to travel to Caer with us - Thom would not object ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:20:06 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: and the elixir can be found in the lair of a being named "Caer".
[Sat Jan 13 22:20:50 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: So it is that now after Rhian's Test, you've resumed your journey to Nith'Tar Valon. (It's two days after leaving Pelham.)
[Sat Jan 13 22:21:03 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Arabic
[Sat Jan 13 22:21:11 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so no
[Sat Jan 13 22:21:13 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: (( I think our plan was to drop her off first as well ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:21:31 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as for Zay'ali characters, that's the Friday logs for you
[Sat Jan 13 22:21:41 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Jan 13 22:22:04 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): imagine someone from Saudi Arabia or Iraq and you'll fit right in
[Sat Jan 13 22:22:20 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yup
[Sat Jan 13 22:22:43 2007] : (46) Morti: ((how long did we get to stay in pelham? Morti wanted to mingle with the mages and learn a souple new spells, if he had the time.))
[Sat Jan 13 22:22:51 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Just making sure
[Sat Jan 13 22:22:56 2007] : (46) Morti: ((couple even))
[Sat Jan 13 22:23:01 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: ((a couple of weeks))
[Sat Jan 13 22:23:52 2007] : (50) Atross: ((Excellent. I shall have to update my arrows.))
[Sat Jan 13 22:24:18 2007] : (46) Morti: (( 0.0 really? wow... mind if I roll a few spellcraft to learn spells as we go?))
[Sat Jan 13 22:24:31 2007] : (48) Zane: (( Yay, maybe Thom can drink away memories of that mud filled craphole. ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:26:21 2007] : (46) Morti: (oh, almost forgot, morti was broke, and planning to sell off a +1 dagger to fund his research here, how much could he get for it? Or maybe Thom or someone could get the mage a better offer?))
[Sat Jan 13 22:26:49 2007] : (48) Zane: (( we do have a fair amount of party cash still... ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:27:08 2007] : (46) Morti: ((o.0 oh do we?))
[Sat Jan 13 22:27:33 2007] : (48) Zane: (( oh yeah... How much? ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:28:20 2007] : (46) Morti: ((I dunno.. I didn't even know we had it))
[Sat Jan 13 22:28:30 2007] : (43) DM: ((go ahead Lun))
[Sat Jan 13 22:30:17 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 13 22:30:17 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): After drinking for a couple days, Thom would just visit the local bars, listening for any interesting tidbits. He's more interested in moving on, but if he hears something interesting - he might look into it while we are in town. So - Gather Information: [1d20+13 ] => [6,13] = (19)
[Sat Jan 13 22:30:20 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 13 22:30:20 2007] : (50) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Specifically, for 48 gp for 20 cold iron arrows, 20 silvered arrows, and 100 regular arrows.
[Sat Jan 13 22:31:37 2007] : (46) Morti: ((need to know what kind of funds I have before I go blowing them... unless the ruby citadel will run me a line of credit for the next.. oh.. 30 some odd years. ; D))
[Sat Jan 13 22:31:57 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens walks along then runs off into the woods, emerging a few moments later with someone following him **
[Sat Jan 13 22:32:00 2007] : (42) Tektite: Description:: In front of you stands a creatue, clearly female, made out of granite with veins of green, brown, and black crytal flowing though her body. Her eyes are a dark muddy green, but clearly possess intelligence. She stand just over three and a half feet tall, and you cannot tell how much she would weight, since she is made of stone
[Sat Jan 13 22:32:26 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: ((we really should do an inventory of what funds and items the party has. that's your homework for next session. you guys should update the treasure thread on the Andurin site for the Saturday game.))
[Sat Jan 13 22:33:11 2007] : (43) DM: ((I don't know what you have or don't have actually. Assume for now that you had the funds to get whatever it is you needed, within reason and deduct it later.))
[Sat Jan 13 22:33:32 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I thought I should introduce a friend before we continue on our journy too far. I was unsure how she would be recived in town so did not bring her there"
[Sat Jan 13 22:34:10 2007] : (48) Zane: (( I've been keeping track of group treasure (as in the three chests of money) - I can put it onto the site later. ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:34:16 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): okay, how's this sound: This man wears a black cloth veil that covers his head and face, leaving only his dark, tired-looking brown eyes visible. He appears very athletic, with a light, agile build. He wears a dark leather tunic over his torso, and a small glint of tiny chainmail links can be seen through the collar. He wears a pair of leather gauntlets, studded with small pieces of metal. A long red sash is tied around his waist, half-concealing a dagger. His tan pants are baggy, and have been tucked into his sturdy, but flexible boots. A pair of exquisitely crafted scimitars hang at his hips.
[Sat Jan 13 22:34:52 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There's disturbing news of a cloud castle that's been seen in eastern Gwythnecht for the past few days
[Sat Jan 13 22:35:20 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): disturbing because giants have been seen coming and going from the castle
[Sat Jan 13 22:35:25 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as in GIANTS
[Sat Jan 13 22:35:37 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and creatures not normally seen in Gwythnecht
[Sat Jan 13 22:35:59 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Oh. Darn, I was hoping it was the Prism Keep our alternates visited earlier.
[Sat Jan 13 22:36:09 2007] : (42) Tektite: "Hello all. Sevis told me a little about all of you since he summoned me, I hope you wont mind me traveling with you."
[Sat Jan 13 22:36:50 2007] : (50) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Ok, since I see I have some spare cash of my own, I'm going to go ahead and get those myself, and probably a bit more.
[Sat Jan 13 22:37:01 2007] : (50) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I'm sure she'll be a solid addition to the party.
[Sat Jan 13 22:37:44 2007] : ** (48) Zane rubs his eyes a few times, trying to wipe away the drinks, not sure what happening. "Does everyone else see that too?" **
[Sat Jan 13 22:37:48 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Jan 13 22:37:48 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sat Jan 13 22:37:52 2007] : ** (48) Thom rubs his eyes a few times, trying to wipe away the drinks, not sure what happening. "Does everyone else see that too?" **
[Sat Jan 13 22:37:55 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): gnolls, bugbears, trolls and the like
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:04 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): people are afraid it could be some sort of invasion force
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:18 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that's fine
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:20 2007] : (46) Morti: ((ok... spell learning attempts in order: invisibility, glitterdust, identify, minor globe of invulnerability, shatter, locate creature, alter self, fireball, summon monster 4, feather fall. ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:22 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [20,18] = (38)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:23 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [1,18] = (19)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:24 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [1,18] = (19)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:24 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [4,18] = (22)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:25 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [12,18] = (30)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:26 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [2,18] = (20)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:26 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [15,18] = (33)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:28 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [8,18] = (26)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:28 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [5,18] = (23)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:29 2007] : (46) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18 ] => [11,18] = (29)
[Sat Jan 13 22:38:33 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): hold on
[Sat Jan 13 22:39:09 2007] : (48) Thom: (( No identify?? Man, we are never going to know what that Axe is... ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:39:16 2007] : (50) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I'm sorry, there's nothing I can say with a straight face right now
[Sat Jan 13 22:39:24 2007] : (46) Morti: ((hmm... it occurs to me in hindsight, that even rolling a 1, I can't possibly fail learning 4th lvl spells...))
[Sat Jan 13 22:39:42 2007] : (48) Thom: (( whew... ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:39:56 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): read that
[Sat Jan 13 22:40:05 2007] : (50) Atross: "I don't see any reason to mind. If you're a friend of Sevis you're welcome to join us."
[Sat Jan 13 22:40:10 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that should give you some kind of idea as to how people view the world in Zayal
[Sat Jan 13 22:40:14 2007] : (50) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I'm sure Tektite has a heart of gold, too.
[Sat Jan 13 22:40:57 2007] : (46) Morti: ((estimate cost(with citadel discount): 1250 gp))
[Sat Jan 13 22:41:24 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there aren't quotes which makes it difficult but you should get the gist of it
[Sat Jan 13 22:41:27 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): k
[Sat Jan 13 22:41:41 2007] : (48) Thom: (( and Morti uses his allotment of party treasure. Done - you caught Thom when he was feeling really good. ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:42:14 2007] : (43) DM: ((you still have the coach (remember that?) along with Drenla and Rhian Sedai, and the two cats))
[Sat Jan 13 22:42:29 2007] : (46) Morti: 0.0 ((hmmm.. then what do you say to loans to scribe scrolls?))
[Sat Jan 13 22:42:34 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens wipes his brow and sighs in relief "I was not sure you would accept her, considering I dont even know what she is exactly nor how I 'summoned' her" **
[Sat Jan 13 22:42:48 2007] : (46) Morti: ((great.. we can sell that dumb white cat))
[Sat Jan 13 22:43:05 2007] : (48) Thom: (( we left the coach behind when Drenla teleported us. We are all on horses now, except for Morti - he gets a pony. ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:43:20 2007] : (46) Morti: ((hmm... I'd prefer a donkey))
[Sat Jan 13 22:43:28 2007] : ** (48) Thom looks over at Sevis, "But you trust her completely?" **
[Sat Jan 13 22:43:40 2007] : (46) Morti: ((and I shall name him "Patches"))
[Sat Jan 13 22:43:44 2007] : (48) Thom: (( tough, you used a lot of coin - pony it is. :P ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:44:07 2007] : (46) Morti: ((donkey's cheaper...))
[Sat Jan 13 22:44:14 2007] : (42) Tektite: "I told you what I am Master. I am a Geodite"
[Sat Jan 13 22:44:50 2007] : (46) Morti: "Geo-wha?" :Moti glances back to the stranger curiously:
[Sat Jan 13 22:45:48 2007] : ** (48) Thom looks at Sevis, "Master, huh? You seem to be finding very interesting friends here." **
[Sat Jan 13 22:45:59 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 13 22:45:59 2007] : (50) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Does she seem *familiar* to you, for some reason? =P
[Sat Jan 13 22:46:10 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I trust her I guess, she says I bonded her durring my meditations" turning to Tektite and throwing up his hands "So you have said a few times, but I have no clue what that is, and I told you stop calling me master"
[Sat Jan 13 22:46:42 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): well, I guess it's good we were getting out of there then, huh?
[Sat Jan 13 22:47:10 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): in Gwythnecht?
[Sat Jan 13 22:47:26 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you still have a ways to go before reaching the border
[Sat Jan 13 22:47:33 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ^^
[Sat Jan 13 22:47:39 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): well - we are getting out of Pelham...:)
[Sat Jan 13 22:48:31 2007] : (42) Tektite: "What else should I call you Master, I am bonded to you, thus you are my Master and it would not be proper to address you by your given name."
[Sat Jan 13 22:48:35 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Thom doesn't feel like facing an army. :)
[Sat Jan 13 22:49:13 2007] : ** (46) Morti stears his pony, Patches, closer to Sevis and Tekite. Curiously he looks the odd construct over, Moiraine doing the same from upon the boy's shoulder. "So, you're kind of like my friend here?" reaching up to scratch the kitten's chin as he addresses the geodite. **
[Sat Jan 13 22:50:04 2007] : ** (43) Maximillian pokes his head out of the window of the coach and peers at the statue curiously, meowing. **
[Sat Jan 13 22:50:48 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Do we still have the coach? I thought we left it behind when we teleported to Pelham.
[Sat Jan 13 22:50:58 2007] : (43) DM: After sniffing the air for a moment, the cat disappears below the window with a sharp yowl.
[Sat Jan 13 22:51:17 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh right
[Sat Jan 13 22:51:29 2007] : ** (48) Thom scans over the area, looking around. **
[Sat Jan 13 22:51:44 2007] : (43) DM: (Zane corrected me about the coach, so scratch that. No coach, but Max does what he does anyway)
[Sat Jan 13 22:51:55 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Morti, Drenla, Rhian do any of you know how to unbond a rock?" ** turns to Tektite ** "I will find a way to do it if you continue calling me master. I told you to call me Sevis. If you absolutly cannot do that pick something that sounds less like you are a slave"
[Sat Jan 13 22:51:57 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): and based on Max's reaction - I use Medallion of Thoughts to scan the area.
[Sat Jan 13 22:52:31 2007] : (42) Tektite: "Like your cat? I am not a pet!" ** a hind of indignation in her voice **
[Sat Jan 13 22:52:44 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: (( *Hint ))
[Sat Jan 13 22:52:51 2007] : (43) DM: A road leading through the forest that covers this part of Gwythnecht. Gently rolling hills dot the landscape, and the woods are not nearly as thick as elsewhere.
[Sat Jan 13 22:53:24 2007] : ** (46) Morti frowns heavily with his mask, "Moirraine is not just a pet. She is a trusted friend and ally." **
[Sat Jan 13 22:53:48 2007] : (43) Drenla: "I don't know, Sevis. She seems to be under your tutelage." (dryly)
[Sat Jan 13 22:54:06 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the statue is quite intelligent
[Sat Jan 13 22:54:28 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): it's a speaking rock - I kinda figured it was... :P
[Sat Jan 13 22:54:32 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and possibly magical
[Sat Jan 13 22:54:37 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Jan 13 22:55:24 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): I'm mainly making sure that there are no others in the area around us. If not, then I will concentrate on Max, trying to hear what he didn't like.
[Sat Jan 13 22:56:30 2007] : (42) Tektite: "Mm" ** looks over the cat then scratches her head ** "Ahh yes, a wizards familiar. I guess you could make that compairison. Though if I do say so myself I am far more intelligent then your cat"
[Sat Jan 13 22:57:02 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens grumbles and shakes his head, but lets Tektite get to know the others **
[Sat Jan 13 22:57:26 2007] : (46) Morti: ".. says the talking rock.." :adds dryly:
[Sat Jan 13 22:58:13 2007] : (42) Tektite: "At least I can talk, in multiple languages I might add."
[Sat Jan 13 22:58:14 2007] : (48) Thom: "But talking. Sorry Morti, but she does win there."
[Sat Jan 13 22:59:34 2007] : (46) Morti: :Frowns: "Moirraine talks... just not human speech." :frowns deeper: "Well I can understand it anyway."
[Sat Jan 13 23:00:38 2007] : (48) Thom: "Sorry Morti, never had one like Moirraine myself. I can tell she is special, I didn't realize just how special I guess."
[Sat Jan 13 23:00:50 2007] : ** (46) Morti nods surely to Thom. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:00:50 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (brb. food)
[Sat Jan 13 23:01:29 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "A pleasure to meet you, Tektite, is it?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:02:00 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): any thoughts from Maximillion?
[Sat Jan 13 23:02:40 2007] : ** (48) Thom rides up to Morti, and reaches out, as if to pet Moirraine a little, but he stops short - to make sure she gives approval. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:02:47 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he's not a fan of talking rocks
[Sat Jan 13 23:02:48 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (back)
[Sat Jan 13 23:02:55 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): lol
[Sat Jan 13 23:03:00 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and is pretty sure that statue is magical
[Sat Jan 13 23:03:04 2007] : (42) Tektite: "Yup, and you must be Rhian. Sevis said he was out meditating and attempting to connect to this 'One Power' so he could figure out why you dont like men to use it."
[Sat Jan 13 23:03:13 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a talking rock can't feed a cat
[Sat Jan 13 23:03:18 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): :)
[Sat Jan 13 23:03:21 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): ok. Switching to Moirraine for a moment here then. :) I am determined to keep you busy. :)
[Sat Jan 13 23:03:56 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Talking rocks, trolls, orcs and stuff, she's seen it all
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:00 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nothing fazes her
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:05 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not even Max
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:08 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): lol
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:20 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): cool. First time I've listened to her I believe.
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:25 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens looks up "Oh ya I almost forgot, before Tektite showed up I think I was able to connect to the One Power you spoke of." **
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:35 2007] : (46) Morti: "Hmm... maybe it's like cooking..." :offers randomly: "My mother never let my brothers or me or my father in the kitchen. Said we only muched things up."
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:45 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): She thinks Max is no ordinary cat
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:49 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): whereas she's just a cat
[Sat Jan 13 23:04:54 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she misses Asflag
[Sat Jan 13 23:05:00 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but Morti's ok
[Sat Jan 13 23:05:22 2007] : ** (50) Atross shrugs, as, our party grows in strange ways, but he doesn't let it bother him. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:05:26 2007] : (46) Morti: (mucked even)
[Sat Jan 13 23:05:36 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Aslag was Morti's mentor, right? I recall his name being mentioned.
[Sat Jan 13 23:06:03 2007] : ** (42) Tektite laughs at Morti's comment **
[Sat Jan 13 23:06:07 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "Sevis is gifted, but unfortunately has no control over his abilities." (shrugs)
[Sat Jan 13 23:06:51 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "Fortunately for him, he will not be travelling with me to the Tower. There are those within the Tower who would see him gentled and knelt."
[Sat Jan 13 23:07:11 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Asflag was a wizard that Morti met
[Sat Jan 13 23:07:16 2007] : ** (48) Thom lightly pets Moirraine a little, as she did not avoid him. "So that's how you stay so calm. Give Morti time, he tends to grow on everyone, except maybe Daelan." he says saoftly, as if talking to Moirraine. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:07:29 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): actually was Moiraine's master
[Sat Jan 13 23:07:41 2007] : (42) Tektite: "I know what you are talking about Morti. I have served a wizard or two in my life time. Sevis is the strangest master I have had though."
[Sat Jan 13 23:07:50 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he died and the PCs were hired by a town to investigate his death
[Sat Jan 13 23:08:02 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): ok. Thom would recall his name mentioned before, and thus not be too worried about it.
[Sat Jan 13 23:08:20 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they didn't really meet him physically, just in the course of investigating his demise
[Sat Jan 13 23:08:20 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Ah, yes - I think I remember reading that way back when.
[Sat Jan 13 23:08:46 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Would you like a demonstration Rhian. Maybe you can help me learn some control. As for going to the tower with you, I do plan on doing that I have much to ask members of your orginization."
[Sat Jan 13 23:08:51 2007] : (43) Moiraine: "Meow."
[Sat Jan 13 23:09:01 2007] : (46) Morti: "Hmmm?" :looks past Tekite to Sevis a moment, then back to the geodite to whisper, "How so?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:09:55 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "I could no more teach you how to channel than you could turn day into night. Our abilities are different. And yet you must learn control or sooner or later, you will go mad...or worse."
[Sat Jan 13 23:10:02 2007] : (53) Donovan (enter): 23:10
[Sat Jan 13 23:10:03 2007] : (42) Tektite: "He doesnt know what he is" ** whispers back to Morti, just loud enough for everyone to hear **
[Sat Jan 13 23:10:07 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (53) Donovan...
[Sat Jan 13 23:10:10 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(50) Donovan' from room...
[Sat Jan 13 23:10:11 2007] : (50) Donovan (exit): 23:10
[Sat Jan 13 23:11:15 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "You still have time, Sevis. Time to change your mind. There are many Sisters who care not for men, much less men who can channel."
[Sat Jan 13 23:11:17 2007] : (46) Morti: "Oh...." :nods and sits back in his saddle, riding on for a moment before inquiring, "What is he?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:12:54 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Mad? I have very good control over my mental abilities I doubt I will go mad." ** turning to Tektite ** "What do you mean I dont know what I am? I am a Monk and wanderer, who has been transplaned into a world not his own and decided to investigate the new powers that world held."
[Sat Jan 13 23:13:00 2007] : ** (48) Thom gives Moiraine a final little scratch on the back of the head before resuming his position, moving back to the rear of the party. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:13:58 2007] : ** (42) Tektite shakes her head **
[Sat Jan 13 23:14:05 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): So - where is Max then? Riding with Drenla or Rhian?
[Sat Jan 13 23:14:17 2007] : ** (46) Morti blinks at Sevis's indignant reply, then turns back to Tekite, "Oh... I see what you mean." **
[Sat Jan 13 23:15:06 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Jan 13 23:15:14 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not too comfortably either
[Sat Jan 13 23:15:20 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he misses the coach
[Sat Jan 13 23:15:22 2007] : (42) Tektite: "You will have to figure that out for yourself Master. If I told you you would not come to understand how you bonded me."
[Sat Jan 13 23:16:54 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): lol - poor cat. nah, not really. Ok, we know have Tektite, Sevis, Thom, Atross, Morti, Drenla, Rhian, Elamurix, and Drenla (when he's here) - plus Max and Moir. That everyone right now?
[Sat Jan 13 23:17:17 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I told you to stop calling me that!"
[Sat Jan 13 23:17:31 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sat Jan 13 23:17:36 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Drenla is always here
[Sat Jan 13 23:17:37 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Jan 13 23:17:47 2007] : (42) Tektite: "Ok Master I have thought of a few alternitives, I will let you decide which I will use. Commander, My Lord, Owner, Chief, Governor, or Slave Driver" ** said in a tone clearly ment to anoy Sevis ** "Which do you like best?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:17:55 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Sorry, the last Drenla should have been Daelen.
[Sat Jan 13 23:18:32 2007] : ** (43) Elamurix looks over from his horse. "An elemental." **
[Sat Jan 13 23:18:40 2007] : (48) Thom: "Governor Sevis..." Thom lets the sound roll off his tounge to test it.
[Sat Jan 13 23:18:46 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 13 23:18:46 2007] : (53) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): She's salty
[Sat Jan 13 23:19:23 2007] : (46) Morti: "Hmmm?" :glances back to Elamurix: "What elemental?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:19:23 2007] : (43) Elamurix: "It's been quite some time since I saw one of your kind. And intelligent too." (curiously)
[Sat Jan 13 23:19:33 2007] : ** (43) Elamurix gestures to Tektite. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:19:45 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens takes a deep breath and ignores Tektite "If you fear men using the power you have so much, you must have some information Rhian." **
[Sat Jan 13 23:20:07 2007] : (46) Morti: :follows Elamurix's gesture to Tekite: "What? an Earth elemental?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:20:34 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "I do not fear men, but some of our Order do. You will see should you continue to the city of the Tower."
[Sat Jan 13 23:21:06 2007] : (43) Elamurix: "Most elementals aren't nearly as verbose as this one is."
[Sat Jan 13 23:21:24 2007] : (42) Tektite: "Hello, you have met a Geodite before?" ** looks up at Elamurix ** "Sevis did not mention your name?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:23:18 2007] : (43) Elamurix: "Elamurix Celendil. Sweet glories of the sun that shines in the sky, m'lady."
[Sat Jan 13 23:23:18 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens nods thoughtfully **
[Sat Jan 13 23:23:53 2007] : ** (43) Elamurix begins to chat with Tektite animatedly. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:24:39 2007] : ** (46) Morti seems to be in thought for a moment, before offering helpfully to Sevis: "You could be turned into a woman." **
[Sat Jan 13 23:25:36 2007] : ** (42) Tektite starts laughing so hard at Morti's comment that she slowly sinks into the ground while walking **
[Sat Jan 13 23:26:22 2007] : ** (42) Tektite pops back up out of the ground a few feet back and trots to catch back up **
[Sat Jan 13 23:27:14 2007] : (42) Tektite: "Sorry cannot.." ** trying to control her laughter ** "travel as fast that way."
[Sat Jan 13 23:27:51 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I dont think that is what she ment Morti"
[Sat Jan 13 23:28:16 2007] : (46) Morti: :shrugs: "Well... it would solve the problem.. I think... Right Rhian?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:29:54 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Rhian called using the One Power Channeling, so I thought I was a channeler, but Tektites comment implies that I am not."
[Sat Jan 13 23:30:34 2007] : ** (42) Tektite goes back to talking with Elamurix after she stops laughing so hard **
[Sat Jan 13 23:30:50 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "That is a temporary workaround. The presence of a woman who can channel saidin will cause people to look at him more closely than ever. And believe me, you do NOT want to draw attention to yourself."
[Sat Jan 13 23:31:32 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "You might not be mad now, but sooner or later, the taint will cause you to lose control if you pursue this, Sevis."
[Sat Jan 13 23:32:11 2007] : (46) Morti: "Oh... too bad.. I think I really could have managed turning him into a woman too." :Sighs: "Well, I'll find another way to help. Don't you worry, Sevis."
[Sat Jan 13 23:32:47 2007] : (46) Morti: "Maybe I can find away to stave off craziness."
[Sat Jan 13 23:32:48 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Taint? Is this something I would beable to feel in the power while using it?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:33:29 2007] : (48) Thom: "If you do Morti - lte's test it on Daelan first, ok?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:33:34 2007] : (48) Thom: (( *let's ))
[Sat Jan 13 23:33:40 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I dont plan on going crazy either, but thank you Morti"
[Sat Jan 13 23:33:56 2007] : ** (46) Morti turns a quick snicker and grin to Thom. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:34:10 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "The presence of the Dark One in the world manifests in many ways. The taint on saidin is one such. In my experience and in the lore of the Tower, male channelers who continue to pursue their studies and use of the Power eventually go mad, due to the taint."
[Sat Jan 13 23:34:22 2007] : (46) Morti: :then nodding back to Sevis: "Yeah.. no one plans on it."
[Sat Jan 13 23:34:41 2007] : ** (48) Thom returns to listening to the conversations, and making occassional sweeps with his Medaillion to check for any unexpected visitors. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:35:29 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, you probably do feel it but it works differently on Andurin. the less powerful you are, the less likely you're exposed to it. the problem is that using the Power is addictive, so eventually you'll want to become more powerful.
[Sat Jan 13 23:35:38 2007] : (48) Thom: (( Just to check - we are travelling along the road from Pelham to Darrowfen, right? ))
[Sat Jan 13 23:35:58 2007] : (43) DM: ((yep))
[Sat Jan 13 23:36:55 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a few hundred feet down the road
[Sat Jan 13 23:37:12 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but that was just a flash
[Sat Jan 13 23:37:30 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a thinking presence, then it's gone
[Sat Jan 13 23:37:46 2007] : ** (48) Thom quickly moves around the party to the front, leading the way. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:38:44 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Jan 13 23:38:44 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): as I move to the front, I keep scanning ahead of us, about a 90 degree sweep centered around where I thought the flash was.
[Sat Jan 13 23:38:44 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Sevis took a level of Psionic Monk insted of going Wilder. The Psionic Monk class is what gave him the ability to bond Tektite. The fact that Rhian and he think he can use the One Power is as it should be, but I just wanted to make sure you knew he was using Psionic abilities not the One Power
[Sat Jan 13 23:38:49 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "You said this world is not where your Orginization was origionaly from either right? So maybe this Dark One or his Taint is not here either."
[Sat Jan 13 23:38:52 2007] : ** (53) Atross gets out of the way to let Thom through. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:39:28 2007] : ** (46) Morti looks back to Rhian, a heavy, thoughtful expression crossing his scarf mask as he listens to her conversation with Sevis. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:42:14 2007] : (46) Morti: "Yeah... but.. if you're using the same source of power as them, you'd be obligated to their rules as well. I think.."
[Sat Jan 13 23:42:52 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Anything else yet?
[Sat Jan 13 23:43:30 2007] : ** (48) Thom sets his gaze ahead of the party as they travel, scanning the horizon ahead of them. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:43:46 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sat Jan 13 23:43:59 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Jan 13 23:44:14 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but that shouldn't affect IC knowledge
[Sat Jan 13 23:44:32 2007] : (44) Tanesh has sent you a tree node...
[Sat Jan 13 23:44:44 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she'll continue to think you're using the One Power until proven wrong
[Sat Jan 13 23:44:51 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): just sent you what I have for a character sheet. I'm not sure that I used the right template though...
[Sat Jan 13 23:44:55 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): well, contiue like that for a minute, then I'll assume it was something moving away from us, and go back to periodic sweeps all around us.
[Sat Jan 13 23:45:38 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ya, thats what I expected. Just mentioned it since you said he probably would feel the Taint
[Sat Jan 13 23:46:40 2007] : ** (48) Thom relaxes his gaze after a minute, returning his attention to the party. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:47:02 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I don't have a preferred Open template
[Sat Jan 13 23:47:14 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): as long as I get the same version via e-mail as a Word document
[Sat Jan 13 23:47:50 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens shakes his head "I dont know much about the type of magic you use Morti and even less about the One Power. Which is why I started trying to connect to it so I could figure out why an entire Orginization would fear men using a power they can wield. And to see if whatever origionaly caused their fear was still a factor." **
[Sat Jan 13 23:48:12 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "The Dark One is very real, though he may not be of this world."
[Sat Jan 13 23:50:02 2007] : ** (43) Rhian Sedai says patiently, as if teaching a catechism to a child, "The One Power is what unites male and female channelers, yet what they use and how they use it differs. Men channel using saidin, the male half of the Power and women use saidar, the female half. There has not been a male channeler loose and about for many centuries until now." (looks pointedly at Sevis) **
[Sat Jan 13 23:50:58 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Is there a way your Sister at the Tower could test to see if the Taint is in Saidin, is that what you called the power a Male Channeler uses?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:52:09 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "As to why we fear men using the Power, there are numerous stories and tales of male channelers unable to control their talents and causing much destruction." (shrugs) "You should be thankful I am not a Red, else we would not be having this conversation."
[Sat Jan 13 23:53:16 2007] : ** (43) Rhian Sedai doesn't answer Sevis, giving him an exasperated shake of her head and rides in silence, lost in thought. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:54:55 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "No male Channelers in centuries, and all you have as proof that men will go mad if they have access to the One Power is tales and stories, which inevitably grow and twist with time, becoming legend then myth, then forgoten all together. So how much or your tales and stories are now mere legend or myth?"
[Sat Jan 13 23:57:31 2007] : ** (46) Morti sighs,following a long, pensive silence, and turns to Sevis. In almost uncharacteristic clarity, he speaks. "I know how you feel. When I learned I could use magicks, I was awestruck. Even with all the other things I want to do in this world, learning the extent of this gift I've been given is an obsession. But... power usually doesn't come without a cost..." :The boy pulls back the sleeve of his baggy coat and jerkin to show the mottled, inhuman flesh of his arm. **
[Sat Jan 13 23:58:29 2007] : (46) Morti: "Almeena experimented on me because she felt she had the ability and thus the right. But just because you can do something... doesn't always make it right."
[Sat Jan 13 23:59:55 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "The stories and tales I speak of are very real, but I am not able to provide proof in the here and now. If you wish to continue this journey, I will see you to the Tower where you may do as you will."

[Sun Jan 14 00:00:14 2007] : ** (46) Morti pulls his sleeve back into place, hanging his head in some shame for showing it. "I don't know if that applies to your situation.. but..." His mumbling tone starts to fade back in as he reaches up to scratch his head, "Just something to think on." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:00:59 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "Ask yourself: was the gholam you encountered when we first met, was it a figment of your imagination? For that was a creature of the Dark One, and it slew my Warder."
[Sun Jan 14 00:01:06 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "You are right Morti it does not. But irational fear by a powerful orginization is something I think should be examined and clerified. If not only for their own protection for the protection of those they hold some power over."
[Sun Jan 14 00:02:28 2007] : ** (46) Morti nods weakly. "We'll find out... just... don't let yourself get changed." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:05:11 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "The Gholam was fast and a skilled fighter. And if you say it was a creacher of this Dark One then I believe you, but lacking any form of proof that your fears are still valid I feel I must continue my investigations." ** turning to Morti **"Every experiance changes you Morti, it's how it changes you that matters."
[Sun Jan 14 00:07:13 2007] : ** (46) Morti nods to Sevis sorrowfully, replying, "Yes.. but the Dark One's taint is .. very real." :He looks back sadly to Drenla: "I've seen it's effects. And.. you don't see it coming.. before it has a hold on you." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:07:16 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "If you should meet an Eyeless or a Trolloc, you would know then that I am not speaking of an old wives' tale."
[Sun Jan 14 00:07:16 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sun Jan 14 00:07:58 2007] : ** (43) Drenla rubs his neck in response as he listens. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:10:18 2007] : (43) DM: It is midmorning and you are travelling in the forested foothills of eastern Gwythnecht. You pass a grove of trees, then see a flash of movememnt in the center of a clearing before you: a winged serpent bursts out of an abandoned beehive! As the sections of the hive scatter, they glitter like fragments of bronze in the shafts of sunlight that filter through the trees. In a moment -- too quickly for you to react -- the winged serpent disappears among the trees.
[Sun Jan 14 00:11:16 2007] : (46) Morti: "WHOA!"
[Sun Jan 14 00:11:40 2007] : ** (53) Atross raises his bow quickly in reaction, but too slow as it vanishes between the trunks. "What is that?" **
[Sun Jan 14 00:12:37 2007] : ** (46) Morti is suddenly perked up, in an excited tone, he asks, "Was that a Couatl?" **
[Sun Jan 14 00:14:10 2007] : ** (48) Thom's eyes widen as the hive disspiates. "At least they moved on, whatever they are, let's keep going before they return - shall we?" **
[Sun Jan 14 00:14:40 2007] : ** (46) Morti calls out to the flying serpent, now out of sight, "Hello! We mean you no harm! Really!" **
[Sun Jan 14 00:14:59 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): one, or many?
[Sun Jan 14 00:15:43 2007] : (43) DM: 1: "An omen of the gods!"

The voice comes from the trees on your left, where an old woman is seated on a large rock in the shade. She wears a rough, brown, hooded cloak that covers all except her face and sandaled feet. In her hands is a long, solid walking staff. While her face is wrinkled (but not unattractive) and wisps of white hair escape from under her cloak's hood, her feet are slim and youthful (and unaccountably clean), showing no signs of age.

She stands without using the staff for support. As a shaft of light touches her face, you see that her eyes are gray.

[Sun Jan 14 00:15:52 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): one
[Sun Jan 14 00:16:19 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): ok, the desc confused me at first. :)
[Sun Jan 14 00:17:31 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "A flying snake is an omen of the gods?"
[Sun Jan 14 00:17:38 2007] : ** (46) Morti steers Patches toward the shattered beehive, wary of it's former inhabitants. As he does so, he notes the strange woman, raising a scarf brow at her appearance, "Hello." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:17:49 2007] : (43) DM: She nods slowly.
[Sun Jan 14 00:17:54 2007] : (43) DM: 1: "You are uniquely favored, chosen by the gods, to undertake a fateful quest."

She points across the clearing. "In that direction, you will find the ancient temple of a lost oracle, tended now by a new and loyal priest. Tell that priest what you have seen here and ask the meaning of the omen. Neglect not to offer a suitable gift for the shrine, and heed well what you are told. Wise are those who attend the omens of the gods! Foolish are those who incur divine wrath through willful disregard!"

Abruptly, the old woman turns away and walks into the forest.

[Sun Jan 14 00:18:36 2007] : ** (48) Thom stops as the others stop as well. He looks at the old woman with a scrutinizing eye. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:18:44 2007] : (46) Morti: "Um... okay..."
[Sun Jan 14 00:18:52 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens looks at the others a little confused **
[Sun Jan 14 00:19:04 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Sense motive as she talked the second time, before she left? [1d20+16 ] => [13,16] = (29)
[Sun Jan 14 00:19:15 2007] : (43) DM: Her pace seems relatively unhurried as she makes her way into the forest.
[Sun Jan 14 00:19:26 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she seems truthful
[Sun Jan 14 00:19:32 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): SEEMS
[Sun Jan 14 00:19:34 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): :)
[Sun Jan 14 00:19:37 2007] : ** (46) Morti dismounts to gather up the pieces of beehive, looking over the honey haul appraisingly. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:19:57 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, good quality honey
[Sun Jan 14 00:20:21 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): lol
[Sun Jan 14 00:20:46 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens shrugs "Shall we follow? I have been seeking a new religion so maybe this priest will be willing to explain the tenants of his religion to me." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:20:47 2007] : ** (43) Rhian Sedai narrows her eyes slightly but says nothing. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:20:59 2007] : ** (46) Morti smiles wide with his scarf as he gathers the gold laiden pieces and remounts. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:21:09 2007] : (53) Atross: "Well, that's suspicious. Which direction is that?"
[Sun Jan 14 00:21:32 2007] : ** (48) Thom follows Morti to the edge of the forest, and dismounts as well. He pauses, but then follows Morti. "I guess it would be a bad idea to pass up an omen of the gods, huh?" **
[Sun Jan 14 00:22:00 2007] : (46) Morti: "Why don't you just make your own religion?" :asks as he lowers his maks to drizzle some honey into it.:
[Sun Jan 14 00:22:13 2007] : (46) Morti: (into his mouth that is*))
[Sun Jan 14 00:23:14 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens follows the old woman, turning to Morti as he walks "Because I dont want people to worship me." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:23:40 2007] : ** (48) Thom watches where the old woman disappeared to. "I guess we should check it out. She seemed to be telling the truth." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:24:02 2007] : (46) Morti: "Then can't your religion just worship something else?" :offers as he follows along toward the temple:
[Sun Jan 14 00:24:04 2007] : (43) DM: She disappears into the forest.
[Sun Jan 14 00:25:00 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "You get anything off her Rhian, you are trained as a Diplomat right, so you should be good at reading people."
[Sun Jan 14 00:26:11 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "She seemed to be what she was."
[Sun Jan 14 00:26:23 2007] : ** (48) Thom leads the others through the forest, in the direction that the old woman indicated - as he tries to keep an eye out for anything awaiting them ahead. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:26:28 2007] : (43) Rhian Sedai: "A most unusual request though."
[Sun Jan 14 00:26:42 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Sweep area ahead with Medallion.
[Sun Jan 14 00:27:12 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): range?
[Sun Jan 14 00:27:33 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): 60 feet.
[Sun Jan 14 00:27:51 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not near enough
[Sun Jan 14 00:28:04 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there is a building at the far end of the clearing though
[Sun Jan 14 00:28:09 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I agree, Tektite please travel underground just incase we need your help later"
[Sun Jan 14 00:28:10 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a shrine, it seems
[Sun Jan 14 00:28:14 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): farther than 60'
[Sun Jan 14 00:28:15 2007] : (46) Morti: :as they ride, Morti holds up a piece of the honey comb, calling out to the trees, "Come on Couatl, don't be afraid. Come have some honey with me."
[Sun Jan 14 00:28:17 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but visible
[Sun Jan 14 00:28:28 2007] : ** (42) Tektite nods and melts into the ground **
[Sun Jan 14 00:28:46 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): but I keep it going the entire time we walk this way - so every 30 feet I am returning to the same direction, just now able to check further out.
[Sun Jan 14 00:29:10 2007] : ** (53) Atross keeps his bow handy in case they meet anything else in these woods. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:29:54 2007] : (48) Thom: "That looks like our goal." Thom indicates what appears to be a shrine at the opposite side of the clearing.
[Sun Jan 14 00:30:12 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): what, about 100 feet? more?
[Sun Jan 14 00:31:34 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): intelligent presence
[Sun Jan 14 00:31:36 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens nodds and scans the area for any inhabitents **
[Sun Jan 14 00:32:16 2007] : (48) Thom: "Something is up there."
[Sun Jan 14 00:32:24 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): any surface thoughts?
[Sun Jan 14 00:32:56 2007] : (43) DM: It seems to be a stone building in apparently good condition. A bit overgrown, nearly hidden by bushes and trees.
[Sun Jan 14 00:33:07 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Morti since you seemd to know what that snake thing was would you mind enlightening us a bit before we go to meet this new priest?"
[Sun Jan 14 00:33:10 2007] : (46) Morti: "Hmm?" :rises in his saddle, careful not to drop the honey combs nestled on the cloth in his lap.
[Sun Jan 14 00:33:39 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yup
[Sun Jan 14 00:33:42 2007] : (53) Atross: "It looks like a nice place, but not too popular."
[Sun Jan 14 00:33:56 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sweeping and cleaning
[Sun Jan 14 00:34:04 2007] : ** (46) Morti looks over the shrine for any symbols, images or distinct design to identify the religion **
[Sun Jan 14 00:35:22 2007] : ** (48) Thom chuckles slightly, as his whole stance relaxes. "Well, anyone see a way in?" **
[Sun Jan 14 00:35:35 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, It's of a style that you've never seen before. White marble, adorned with columns and carved frescoes that suggest vegetation.
[Sun Jan 14 00:36:08 2007] : (43) DM: Five broad steps lead up to a pair of bronze double doors.
[Sun Jan 14 00:36:22 2007] : ** (46) Morti shrugs to Sevis: "Sorry.. I don't know much about religions." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:36:54 2007] : (43) DM: As you approach, one of the doors swings slowly open and a tall, bearded man of indeterminate age steps out. He is dressed plainly and carries a broom.
[Sun Jan 14 00:37:21 2007] : (48) Thom: "Good day sir, I hope we are not disturbing your cleaning."
[Sun Jan 14 00:38:06 2007] : (43) The man: "Be you welcome to the shrine of the goddess."
[Sun Jan 14 00:38:12 2007] : ** (46) Morti climbs down from Patches, leading the pony toward the Temple and stopping at the steps to offer the bearded man a polite bow. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:38:24 2007] : ** (43) The man leans on the broom, as if for support as he watches you approach. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:38:24 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I ment about what the snake thing was not the religion."
[Sun Jan 14 00:38:52 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens nods to the man "A good day to you as well." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:39:13 2007] : ** (48) Thom bows to the man and starts up the stairs. "Thank you for the greeting, might we have a moment of your time?" **
[Sun Jan 14 00:40:24 2007] : (43) The man: "Certainly. You seem to have come a long way to this place. I rarely have any visitors these days."
[Sun Jan 14 00:40:31 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I may want more then a moment if he is a priest, but a moment will do for now"
[Sun Jan 14 00:40:55 2007] : (46) Morti: :to Sevis: "The Couatl?" :He seems to still be quite excited about the sighting, if the mile wide grin on his mask is any indication: "It's the first time I ever saw one too. They're creatures of legendary goodness and beauty. Supposedly the are divinely related. Not sure how though."
[Sun Jan 14 00:41:57 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Ahh, I didnt get a good look at it, I was thinking and not paying atention."
[Sun Jan 14 00:42:21 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): magical items are fine
[Sun Jan 14 00:42:29 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no permanency, too powerful for your level
[Sun Jan 14 00:42:47 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens heads in at the mans invatation **
[Sun Jan 14 00:42:50 2007] : (48) Thom: "Thank you. I can understand the lack of visitors, this place is a little off the beaten path."
[Sun Jan 14 00:43:06 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): for the Damrosil character, the minimum for 10th level
[Sun Jan 14 00:43:07 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): permanency is too powerful for level 16?
[Sun Jan 14 00:43:11 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): oh
[Sun Jan 14 00:43:19 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): for Mel Nethra, the minimum for 16th level
[Sun Jan 14 00:43:33 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): permanency is a super rare spell on Andurin
[Sun Jan 14 00:43:56 2007] : ** (46) Morti strokes Patches' snout affectionately before leaving the pony to head up the stairs, the cloth full of honeycomb pieces dangling in his hand. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:44:02 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): does that mean that my mel'nethra character shouldn't have it on his list then?
[Sun Jan 14 00:44:04 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): permanent spell effects on a PC are not suitable for 16th level
[Sun Jan 14 00:44:06 2007] : ** (48) Thom leads the way up the stairs to enter the shrine. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:44:14 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): correct
[Sun Jan 14 00:44:18 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): k
[Sun Jan 14 00:45:10 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'm not keen on the dervish feat, is there a reason why?
[Sun Jan 14 00:45:49 2007] : ** (53) Atross leaves the horses to follow the others into the temple somewhat slowly. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:46:20 2007] : (43) The man: "Before you enter, it is customary to offer a gift of suitability. Such are the rules of hospitality."
[Sun Jan 14 00:46:44 2007] : (43) The man: "By the way, I am Vrainos, a priest in the service of the goddess."
[Sun Jan 14 00:46:54 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): eh. Just thought it would be a handy and logical feat to take, if it existed. I've got a backup in mind if you think it's unbalanced, so it's no problem.
[Sun Jan 14 00:47:15 2007] : (48) Thom: "Ah yes, of course." Thom looks back at the others to see if they have any idea what would be a 'suitable' gift.
[Sun Jan 14 00:47:29 2007] : (46) Morti: "Um... gift?" :stops at the door, a moment before holding up the cloth and opening it to present the honey laiden goodness.: "THe goddess like honey?"
[Sun Jan 14 00:47:34 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Hello Vrainos, which goddess may I ask? I am still a bit confused as to the pantheon of this world."
[Sun Jan 14 00:48:12 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens diggs in his baggs and pulls out a large chunk of soap "I dont have much." **
[Sun Jan 14 00:48:18 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sent a feat to you for your perusal. is it powerful for a 10th level PC? talk to the others about it and let me know
[Sun Jan 14 00:48:56 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Jan 14 00:48:56 2007] : (46) Morti: (whispering): um.... that's a nice feat but... I can't dervish dance at all. Heck.. Morti can't even dance normally.
[Sun Jan 14 00:48:57 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): for the record, I'm not keen about it
[Sun Jan 14 00:49:07 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): what ya wana know about the extra dance feat?
[Sun Jan 14 00:49:07 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sun Jan 14 00:49:12 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's for Tanesh and I'm not keen about it
[Sun Jan 14 00:49:19 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I need your opinion
[Sun Jan 14 00:49:31 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Zane will explain
[Sun Jan 14 00:50:04 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "Why, the goddess."
[Sun Jan 14 00:50:19 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "She who I am called to serve."
[Sun Jan 14 00:50:41 2007] : (46) Morti: (whispering): eh.. it's kind of like extra rage. not much difference in power, I figure, though the stacking thing may be a bit much.
[Sun Jan 14 00:50:55 2007] : ** (43) Vrainos seems at a loss to explain himself. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:51:07 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): hmm - starting to not like this. Medallion on him.
[Sun Jan 14 00:51:13 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Jan 14 00:51:21 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he seems truthful
[Sun Jan 14 00:51:24 2007] : (53) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I could run a monologue at this point, but I'll refrain.
[Sun Jan 14 00:51:27 2007] : (46) Morti: :still holding out the honey: "I think he's asking for a name."
[Sun Jan 14 00:51:32 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Does this Goddess have a name? I am from a world whith only one deity and since I have been here I have heard of no less then seven, two of which were female in nature."
[Sun Jan 14 00:52:03 2007] : ** (53) Atross shakes his head ruefully at Vrainos's confusion. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:52:04 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "It is forbidden for one such as I, a humble servant, to speak of Her name."
[Sun Jan 14 00:52:14 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): yes, but I'm hoping that he might be thinking of a suitable gift, so I will know what to offer.
[Sun Jan 14 00:53:14 2007] : (48) Thom: "Of course, we would not want you to disgrace her by speaking her name. But it is difficult for us to know what a suitable gift would be if we do not know who it is for."
[Sun Jan 14 00:53:51 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens shrugs "Guess this isnt the religion for me then. Though it was forbiden for even the priest of my world to speak the name of God. mmmm" scratches his head in thought **
[Sun Jan 14 00:54:03 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "The rules of hospitality demand that such a gift be what one wishes to give. It must be given sincerely and in good faith. It need not be coin."
[Sun Jan 14 00:54:05 2007] : (46) Morti: "Okay. We won't ask then. If she'll accept us as guests, we'll act just as kind as if we did know her name." :still holding the honeycombs, wondering if they are acceptable gifts, he adds, "This honey was chosen by a couatl."
[Sun Jan 14 00:54:29 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens hands the man the bar of soap **
[Sun Jan 14 00:54:45 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "That is a suitable gift. Please, be you welcome to enter this shrine."
[Sun Jan 14 00:54:55 2007] : ** (43) Vrainos accepts the honey and the soap. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:55:32 2007] : ** (48) Thom bows again slightly to the man and enters. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:55:45 2007] : ** (46) Morti smiles and enters, keeping a big piece of hive for himself, which he slurps at while he looks about the interior. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:55:46 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "Wait in the outer vestibule while I array myself in a manner suitable for presentation to the goddess."
[Sun Jan 14 00:57:07 2007] : ** (48) Thom nods to the priest and waits. **
[Sun Jan 14 00:57:12 2007] : (43) Vrainos: The outer hall is quite large yet bare and dimly lit, its roof is supported by four great marble pillars intricately decorated with carvings and runes. The doors to the inner sanctuary seem to be missing.
[Sun Jan 14 00:57:20 2007] : (43) DM: (whoops)
[Sun Jan 14 00:57:23 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): ok - try to scan the shrine to make sure there are no others.
[Sun Jan 14 00:57:33 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): scan with the medallion of thoughts.
[Sun Jan 14 00:57:45 2007] : (43) DM: Vrainos leaves through a side door as you enter the shrine.
[Sun Jan 14 00:57:58 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep, no others
[Sun Jan 14 00:58:14 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the feat is fine except for the part where it stacks
[Sun Jan 14 00:58:35 2007] : (53) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): It's like barbarian rage. At level 10 the class gets 5 uses per day. Basically the feat is a dervish version of Extra Rage. Should be fine.
[Sun Jan 14 00:58:48 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): okay. I was a little unsure of that too, i was just copying the extra rage feat.
[Sun Jan 14 00:59:14 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can have it, but delete the special
[Sun Jan 14 00:59:52 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): k
[Sun Jan 14 00:59:57 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the special concerns me
[Sun Jan 14 01:01:34 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Donovan equated the feat to Extra Rage for a barbarian. A 10th lvl Barbarian w/ Extra Rage would be able to use it 5x/day, which is what a 10th lvl char with this feat would do - use the ability 5x/day.
[Sun Jan 14 01:02:26 2007] : ** (46) Morti looks over the runes on the pillars as he waits.... and enjoys his honey. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:04:15 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): (GW): complete warrior, actually
[Sun Jan 14 01:04:26 2007] : (53) Donovan: (whispering): Extra Rage has the same special. The Dervish Dance still couldn't be used more than once in an encounter. It's just a matter of how many encounters it can be used in a day.
[Sun Jan 14 01:04:47 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the runes speak of miracles, visions and oracles spoken by the priest of the shrine, as a mouthpiece for the goddess which this place is dedicated to
[Sun Jan 14 01:05:58 2007] : (48) Thom: "So, how are we going to explain how we got here?"
[Sun Jan 14 01:06:45 2007] : (43) DM: After a short while, Vrainos reappears again, this time arrayed in white robes with gold trim and wearing a gold circlet with a clear stone set in the frontpiece. He says nothing but gestures to you to follow him into the inner sanctuary.
[Sun Jan 14 01:06:46 2007] : (53) Atross: "Just tell the truth, see how he reacts to it."
[Sun Jan 14 01:06:59 2007] : (46) Morti: :to Thom: "Just say a nice old lady told us to come here after a couatl popped out of a beehive near us."
[Sun Jan 14 01:07:28 2007] : ** (48) Thom nods to the others and follows Vrainos **
[Sun Jan 14 01:08:27 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens follows the man **
[Sun Jan 14 01:08:33 2007] : ** (46) Morti follows along, "Nice outfit change." **
[Sun Jan 14 01:08:46 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): is the floor stone?
[Sun Jan 14 01:08:54 2007] : (43) DM: The walls of the inner sanctuary now appear to be speckled with tiny dots o light that grow in intensity as you enter, until the entire chamber is lit as if by starlight. The domed room is supported by six great pillars. Two thirds of the way into the room is a great vacant pedestal, 3' high. To the right of the pedestal is a stone seat.

Vrainos approaches the throne and eases into it.

[Sun Jan 14 01:09:12 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yep
[Sun Jan 14 01:09:46 2007] : (43) DM: "Now, before the eyes of the Goddess, tell me what you wish to know."
[Sun Jan 14 01:09:47 2007] : ** (48) Thom pauses as Vrainos goes to his seat. Thom bows low before the priest. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:09:54 2007] : (43) DM: he says
[Sun Jan 14 01:10:07 2007] : (46) Morti: "Huh?"
[Sun Jan 14 01:10:17 2007] : (48) Thom: "Well, many things. But what brings us here is a possible omen."
[Sun Jan 14 01:11:13 2007] : (48) Thom: "We saw a winged serpent, a Couatl we believe, exitting a beehive as we approached. Then, an elderly lady appeared and told us to come meet you."
[Sun Jan 14 01:12:43 2007] : ** (43) Vrainos closes his eyes when you finish and mutters a phrase. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:13:47 2007] : ** (46) Morti strains to listen. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:14:01 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: (whispering): if he is using Psionics I will make a psicraft check to see if I can figure out what he is doing
[Sun Jan 14 01:14:29 2007] : ** (43) Vrainos nods twice, then eyes still closed, says: "Wings here symbolize mobility. You must move with dispatch upon your mission. Do not let yourselves be distracted or delayed under any circumstances. You have only days to succeed. Here, the symbolism of the abandoned beehive is crucial. Your quest must be completed before the "bees" return to the "bronze hive" once more." **
[Sun Jan 14 01:14:44 2007] : ** (43) Vrainos pauses for a few moments, eyes still closed. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:15:01 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): DJ and Donovan both thought it was ok, and at first I didn't, but in light of the Extra Rage feat, I can understand it more. Lunuac has not said anything about it.
[Sun Jan 14 01:15:45 2007] : (46) Morti: :takes it all in before whispering aside to the group: "Wouldn't this be considered a distraction from the mission?"
[Sun Jan 14 01:15:51 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "Your quest begins at a lost shrine in the land of Arcadia in ancient Greece, the original land of Zeus and the Olympian gods. Seek a bronze container and free the one within it, he whose symbol is a meeting of wings and serpents. This is your goal."
[Sun Jan 14 01:16:04 2007] : ** (43) Vrainos pauses for a moment, eyes still closed. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:16:21 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Jan 14 01:16:33 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he's not
[Sun Jan 14 01:16:54 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): oh, and I didn't tell them your feelings on it, just that you wanted their thoughts.
[Sun Jan 14 01:17:01 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): :)
[Sun Jan 14 01:17:46 2007] : ** (48) Thom rolls his eyes at yet another "crucial and important" quest. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:18:07 2007] : (46) Morti: "Where's Greece?"
[Sun Jan 14 01:18:26 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens whispers "We are in a lost shrine, is this Arcadia?" **
[Sun Jan 14 01:19:45 2007] : ** (48) Thom just shrugs at the others for now, waiting for Vrainos to finish. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:19:50 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "In the realm of the Spirit, there is neither time nor space. Know then: when you leave this temple, as you set foot on the upper step to descend, by the power of Spirit and the power of the goddess who sends you, it shall not be the steps of this temple that you descend but that of a lost and abandoned shrine in Arcadia, many centuries ago and on another plane of existence, one far removed from this world of Andurin. From there, fulfill your mission by seeking the place of the bees. Always remember the bees! But take warning: though you may speak of your mission to fulfill the omen, say to no one that a goddess has sent you. When your mission is completed, return to the abandoned Arcadian temple. Restore it and lay a suitable offering upon the altar. As you leave that temple, it will be the steps of this temple that you descend, and you will have returned to your own time and place. Here, the rewards of the goddess will await you."
[Sun Jan 14 01:21:01 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "When you leave this place, you will have a guest on your journey. He has come to this strange land, to find his....ka-tet."
[Sun Jan 14 01:21:09 2007] : (46) Morti: "Uh...." looks to the others: "Do we have time for this?"
[Sun Jan 14 01:22:42 2007] : (48) Thom: "Don't think we have an option really." Thom whispers back.
[Sun Jan 14 01:22:58 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens mutters 'stupid distractions' **
[Sun Jan 14 01:23:33 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "Tektite, you better come outa the floor before we leave so you can 'decend' the steps with us"
[Sun Jan 14 01:23:37 2007] : (53) Atross: "I think we have all the time in this world for it. But it sounds like time will be important where we end up."
[Sun Jan 14 01:23:53 2007] : (46) Morti: "I-I mean... we have that King revival thing to do, plus the items we need to get before returning to outr time, and the altar to desecrate to stop the Tempest. And he did just say not to get distracted from 'our' mission."
[Sun Jan 14 01:23:56 2007] : (43) DM: There is no response.
[Sun Jan 14 01:25:01 2007] : ** (43) Vrainos opens his eyes and rests his head on his hands wearily. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:25:05 2007] : ** (42) Tektite rises out of the floor **
[Sun Jan 14 01:26:41 2007] : ** (48) Thom just shakes his head. "Well, we know our next steps, I guess. Vrainos, before we go - would you enlighten us as to what your goddess considers suitable gifts, so that we may proper tribute to her in time?" **
[Sun Jan 14 01:26:59 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I want my soap back, I did not give you an offering so I could be sent to yet another unknown land."
[Sun Jan 14 01:27:02 2007] : (48) Thom: (( *may offer proper ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:27:21 2007] : (48) Thom: "Easy Sevis, it's not worth it." Thom whispers back.
[Sun Jan 14 01:27:43 2007] : (43) Vrainos: "The nature of the offering will depend on your actions."
[Sun Jan 14 01:28:27 2007] : ** (48) Thom sighs, as if giving up. "And I thought mages were cryptic." **
[Sun Jan 14 01:28:37 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): rofl
[Sun Jan 14 01:29:20 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): glad you like it. :)
[Sun Jan 14 01:29:31 2007] : (43) DM: ((this is going to be fun...lol))
[Sun Jan 14 01:30:01 2007] : (48) Thom: (( not a good sign... :P ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:30:45 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "We have been destracted many time from our true goal, which is to gather some items and return to your proper time period. Even this resurection of a King this is a distraction from that goal." ** turning to Vrainos ** "Are the stairs the only way out of this place?"
[Sun Jan 14 01:30:52 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (and now we all make a third character for a campaign set on earth :P)
[Sun Jan 14 01:31:16 2007] : (43) DM: ((you guys will need to rework your Sat Damrosil characters to meet certain specifications. the PCs must be able to pass in ancient Greece. real-world ancient Greece. that means, weapons and armor from the medieval period get replaced by their ancient world equivalents, for example.))
[Sun Jan 14 01:31:21 2007] : (48) Thom: "Thank you for passing along the message Vrainos, we have to discuss a couple things, and then will be off."
[Sun Jan 14 01:31:24 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: (( my character came from France, so not the first time they have been to earth =P ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:31:35 2007] : ** (46) Morti sighs. "Well... if it's time warping, maybe we won't lose any time for the effort." The pious youth clasps his hands and bows his head, offering a silent prayer to the unnamed goddess, asking her protection in their endeavor ahead." **
[Sun Jan 14 01:31:56 2007] : (46) Morti: (huh?)
[Sun Jan 14 01:32:12 2007] : (53) Atross: "In short, this is why it doesn't pay to try to understand gods and godesses."
[Sun Jan 14 01:32:13 2007] : (48) Thom: (( what about special magical blades - like Ringrist? ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:32:40 2007] : (48) Thom: "I agree Atross."
[Sun Jan 14 01:32:57 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "I say we just climb the walls and continue on our way, that way we dont have to decent into some new world."
[Sun Jan 14 01:33:03 2007] : (43) DM: ((Ringrist will be with you but in a form proper to ancient Greece. Plate mail and heavy crossbows however will not.))
[Sun Jan 14 01:33:17 2007] : (53) Atross: ((As long as I can keep my bow.))
[Sun Jan 14 01:33:24 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: (( and Rock people? ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:33:33 2007] : (46) Morti: ((huh.. finally happy to be just a boy with a staff))
[Sun Jan 14 01:33:42 2007] : (43) DM: ((guess there's only one way to find out, right? :) ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:34:13 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: (( exactly, climb the wals and appologize to the goddess later =P ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:34:46 2007] : ** (48) Thom looks over the walls, considering Sevis's proposal. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:35:29 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens: "So where is this person that you said would be joining is Vrainos?"
[Sun Jan 14 01:36:05 2007] : (43) DM: ((your skills may change as well, depending on what they are))
[Sun Jan 14 01:36:06 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering): Does Thom see anyway to climb the walls and avoid using the front steps?
[Sun Jan 14 01:36:11 2007] : (46) Morti: :to Sevis: "You can try.. but... I figure it will have the same effect. Once you lose touch of the temple, you'll be cast into the new world.. probably."
[Sun Jan 14 01:36:33 2007] : (48) Thom: (( so - as soon as we leave the temple, we are stopping the game, huh? ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:36:34 2007] : (43) Vrainos: Why, he is here already. (gestures to Arun to enter)
[Sun Jan 14 01:36:46 2007] : (43) DM: (yep, you guessed it)
[Sun Jan 14 01:37:01 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Jan 14 01:37:13 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): your cue
[Sun Jan 14 01:37:30 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering): ack. much confusion. Should Arun have any idea what he's doing here?
[Sun Jan 14 01:37:54 2007] : ** (44) Arun steps into the room, somewhat hesitantly. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:37:55 2007] : (48) Thom: "I don't see any way out via the walls Sevis."
[Sun Jan 14 01:37:57 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens look to the new person as they enter "Can you climb?" **
[Sun Jan 14 01:38:11 2007] : (44) Arun:
Arun's description: This man wears a black cloth veil that covers his head and face, leaving only his dark, tired-looking brown eyes visible. He appears very athletic, with a light, agile build. He wears a dark leather tunic over his torso, and a small glint of tiny chainmail links can be seen through the collar. He wears a pair of leather gauntlets, studded with small pieces of metal. A long red sash is tied around his waist, half-concealing a dagger. His tan pants are baggy, and have been tucked into his sturdy, but flexible boots. A pair of exquisitely crafted scimitars hang at his hips, a bow and quiver of arrows are strapped to his back.
[Sun Jan 14 01:39:16 2007] : ** (44) Arun looks at sevis for a moment before answering quietly. "Of course." **
[Sun Jan 14 01:39:40 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens:
"If we cannot climb the walls Morti and Drenla can make us fly."
[Sun Jan 14 01:39:43 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens:
Discription:: You see a short human (5' 2"), with bloond hair cut like a bowl was placed on his head before they cut it. Hit eyes are a stunning green, and for some reason it is hard to move your gaze, once you do however you notice he is wearing a dark brown robe, that had seen its share of use, and a worn back pack. He is wearing black gloves with the fingers cut off, and on his left hand he has a dull copper ring, on his right he has a silver ring with a red ruby embeded in it. When he takes a step you notice some smoth leather bracers on his lower legs. Standing next to him is, what appears to be a Halfling female made out of granite with veins of green, brown, and black crytal flowing though her body. Her eyes are a dark muddy green, but clearly possess intelligence. She stand just over three and a half feet tall, and you cannot tell how much she would weight, since she is made of stone.
[Sun Jan 14 01:40:01 2007] : (44) Arun:
(this place doesn't have a roof?)
[Sun Jan 14 01:41:07 2007] : (46) Morti:
((think they mean climb along the walls outside rather than walk down the stairs))
[Sun Jan 14 01:41:27 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens:
(( ya ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:42:30 2007] : (48) Thom:
"I guess there is only one way to find out." Thom heads back to the entrance, and stops a couple steps before the open door, looking out.
[Sun Jan 14 01:42:54 2007] : (48) Thom:
(( do I still see the forest at this point still? ))
[Sun Jan 14 01:44:38 2007] : ** (44) Arun 's gaze travels from one person to the other as he idly follows Thom to the door, he stares at morti a moment longer than the others and finally stops at Tektite. "What is that?" **
[Sun Jan 14 01:45:37 2007] : (42) Tektite:
"I am a Geodite, and you are rude"
[Sun Jan 14 01:47:16 2007] : (43) DM:
(I said there was a roof. scroll up)
[Sun Jan 14 01:47:25 2007] : (44) Arun:
"I suppose I am. Apologies. I have not seen a creature like you before."
[Sun Jan 14 01:47:56 2007] : (43) DM:
(yes, you see the forest still)
[Sun Jan 14 01:48:47 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you stopped by a shrine to rest and now here you are
[Sun Jan 14 01:48:48 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens follos Thom out to the exit
Tektite, see if you can travel underground out into the forest a few feet" **
[Sun Jan 14 01:48:59 2007] : (48) Thom:
"Here goes nothing." Thom backs up a few feet and starts running towards the door, jumping just before the door, trying to jump over the first step.
[Sun Jan 14 01:49:09 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
there was a priest who let you in and let you be
[Sun Jan 14 01:49:14 2007] : (48) Thom:
Jump: [1d20+4 ] => [11,4] = (15)
[Sun Jan 14 01:49:25 2007] : ** (44) Arun folds his arms and watches Thom's attempt. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:49:30 2007] : (43) DM:
Thom disappears from sight.
[Sun Jan 14 01:49:51 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering):
I gotta try... Something tells me nothing we do actually matters, we are going to Greece one way or another, but I gotta try. :)
[Sun Jan 14 01:50:16 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering):
did he tell me all about the prophecy thing, or is it assumed that I just overheard everything, and he just now mentioned that I'm a part of it?
[Sun Jan 14 01:50:17 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
well, it does
[Sun Jan 14 01:50:26 2007] : (42) Tektite:
"Je n'y crois pas!, why cant the goddess Occupe-toi de tes affaires!" ** sags his sholders in defeat and walks out the door **
[Sun Jan 14 01:50:37 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens:
"Je n'y crois pas!, why cant the goddess Occupe-toi de tes affaires!" ** sags his sholders in defeat and walks out the door **
[Sun Jan 14 01:50:40 2007] : ** (46) Morti is a short young man in baggy, concealing clothing. A long white scarf wraps his head, forming the creases into the visage of an exaggerated face. An oversized dark blue coat hangs to his knees, and almost engulfs his brown leather gloved hands. A plain brown jerkin and a belt weighed by a leather hip pouch are revealed under his coat and striped blue and black pants tuck down into knee high boots. A staff rests in his hand, a pack on his back, and a kittten on his shoulder. As he finishes his prayer, he moves along after the others, greeting their knew acquaintance with a grin, "Hi, I'm Morti. Like your mask." **
[Sun Jan 14 01:50:53 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering):
oh? hmm - oh well. Thom would still have tried.
[Sun Jan 14 01:51:21 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
some things don't matter but others do
[Sun Jan 14 01:51:27 2007] : ** (42) Tektite follows Sevis, not bothing to go underground **
[Sun Jan 14 01:51:27 2007] : (53) Atross:
"Clearly it was a reference to distance. Anyway, I'm Atross. I'm not in charge here, but I can tell you that if you're looking for destiny, you'll find plenty of it here."
[Sun Jan 14 01:51:38 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
for instance, the nature of the offering determines your reward
[Sun Jan 14 01:51:38 2007] : (46) Morti: (whispering):
oh, btw... did the subject of Morti's citadel staff ever come up while in the ruby citadel?
[Sun Jan 14 01:51:41 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
minor spoiler
[Sun Jan 14 01:51:49 2007] : ** (53) Atross extends a hand in greeting to Arun. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:51:58 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
yup
[Sun Jan 14 01:52:09 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you will be provided with the opportunity to make your own staff
[Sun Jan 14 01:52:11 2007] : (53) Atross:
Physical Description: Atross is a human of average height and medium build. His head and face appear to both be clean shaven. He remains alert, almost to attention, his blue eyes always surveying his surroundings. He wears a sturdy cloak over his simple studded leather armor and his buckler remains attached casually to one arm. He carries an unusually large bow of obvious quality slung at his back and a mace at his belt.
[Sun Jan 14 01:52:26 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
so think of what you want and then write it up
[Sun Jan 14 01:52:31 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering):
yeah, kinda figured that one. I'm guessing it will be gold next time, since we don't have any honey anymore.
[Sun Jan 14 01:52:47 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
if the staff can store spells, you get to choose what spells
[Sun Jan 14 01:52:48 2007] : ** (44) Arun regards the offered hand for a moment before giving it a shake. "Arun. And no, I wouldn't imagine that we could avoid the will of a goddess as easily as skipping a stair." **
[Sun Jan 14 01:52:50 2007] : (46) Morti: (whispering):
cool.. too bad Morti doesn't have the craft arms and armor feat
[Sun Jan 14 01:53:10 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
it won't be using a feat
[Sun Jan 14 01:53:39 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
this will be an ongoing thing and incorporated into each adventure in the campaign
[Sun Jan 14 01:53:43 2007] : ** (44) Arun gives a silent nod in morti's direction at his compliment **
[Sun Jan 14 01:54:00 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
eventually, you will end up with a staff of your own design but I intend to make you work for it :)
[Sun Jan 14 01:54:13 2007] : (44) Tanesh: (whispering):
(GW): I didn't notice it until you just pointed it out, but yes
[Sun Jan 14 01:54:23 2007] : (46) Morti: (whispering):
hmm... ok. how long does one take to make?
[Sun Jan 14 01:54:33 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
it depends on how powerful you want it to be
[Sun Jan 14 01:54:35 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
:)
[Sun Jan 14 01:55:14 2007] : (46) Morti: (whispering):
How strong would it need to be to make me breakfast?
[Sun Jan 14 01:55:20 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
lol
[Sun Jan 14 01:55:26 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
be serious
[Sun Jan 14 01:55:38 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
mmm maybe
[Sun Jan 14 01:55:45 2007] : (46) Morti: (whispering):
I am.. we're talking Morti here..
[Sun Jan 14 01:55:53 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
he didn't
[Sun Jan 14 01:56:07 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
but welcome to the ride
[Sun Jan 14 01:56:08 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering):
well - that's the idea right now. We'll see what we have and what we learn when we get back. :)
[Sun Jan 14 01:56:08 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
lol
[Sun Jan 14 01:56:38 2007] : ** (53) Atross walks out to the temple's entrance. "Time to see where we're headed" **
[Sun Jan 14 01:57:05 2007] : ** (53) Atross walks down the stairs with considerably more haste than he entered the temple. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:57:06 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
write it up dude
[Sun Jan 14 01:57:06 2007] : ** (46) Morti heads back to leave a piece of the honeycomb on the empty pedestal, as an offering, before heading out the door. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:57:34 2007] : (46) Morti: (whispering):
how powerful? as in number bonus equivalent?
[Sun Jan 14 01:58:05 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
well, write it up and e-mail me what you want in the staff and then we'll see
[Sun Jan 14 01:58:37 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
for the staff to literally make you breakfast, that's as easy as a permanent unseen servant with a command word
[Sun Jan 14 01:58:42 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
probably no more than +2
[Sun Jan 14 01:58:54 2007] : ** (44) Arun looks at the doorway unsurely, then steps through. **
[Sun Jan 14 01:59:15 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
anyway, that's your homework
[Sun Jan 14 01:59:36 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
I doubt you'd want to stop there though
[Sun Jan 14 01:59:57 2007] : (43) DM:
((ok, on that note, I think it best that we stop here))
[Sun Jan 14 02:00:08 2007] : (43) DM:
ps. Morti has hair.
[Sun Jan 14 02:00:23 2007] : (46) Morti:
0.0
[Sun Jan 14 02:00:26 2007] : (48) Thom:
http://www.hellenic-art.com/armour/
[Sun Jan 14 02:00:40 2007] : (48) Zane:
http://members.aol.com/TeacherNet/AncientGreece.html#Army/Weapons
[Sun Jan 14 02:01:03 2007] : (43) DM:
no longer will he be his normal appearance but of what he used to look like (before Almeena)
[Sun Jan 14 02:01:04 2007] : (46) Morti:
Lets see... how many sidetracks is this?
[Sun Jan 14 02:01:21 2007] : (43) DM:
this is a sidetrack within a sidetrack within a sidetrack
[Sun Jan 14 02:01:59 2007] : (43) DM:
but it'll make sense at the end. (minor spoiler)
[Sun Jan 14 02:03:00 2007] : (43) DM:
(and Rhian and Drenla aren't with you either)
[Sun Jan 14 02:03:26 2007] : (48) Zane:
There's a couple links I've found already - in fact, the best ones so far, that might help.
[Sun Jan 14 02:03:49 2007] : (43) DM:
you retain your memories
[Sun Jan 14 02:03:59 2007] : (48) Zane:
thank goodness.
[Sun Jan 14 02:04:03 2007] : (43) DM:
and everything
[Sun Jan 14 02:04:05 2007] : (46) Morti:
To stop the Tempest, we entered the Amberville house, then got flung aside to france, before getting shot back thirty years in the past to desecrate the tempest's temple, but in body's of alternate characters, who forked off from us gaining powers and each of us went off on our own quests to gather items of power, and now we're being sent back to ancient greece with all new altered identities because we saw a flying snake.
[Sun Jan 14 02:04:09 2007] : (48) Zane:
First time for everything... :)
[Sun Jan 14 02:04:17 2007] : (43) DM:
the only things that change are your equipment and possibly your skills
[Sun Jan 14 02:04:41 2007] : (44) Arun:
for some reason I kept thinking egypt....
[Sun Jan 14 02:04:42 2007] : (48) Zane:
What about the magic of our items? Do they remain the same?
[Sun Jan 14 02:05:06 2007] : (43) DM:
your money changes to coinage used during this period, your languages change to match real world ancient Greek
[Sun Jan 14 02:05:09 2007] : (46) Morti:
no.. they only accept latin command words now
[Sun Jan 14 02:05:13 2007] : (43) DM:
elves and dwarves are around as always
[Sun Jan 14 02:05:30 2007] : (44) Arun:
If my swords change, then do all my feats and class abilities change to fit them as well? Like, weapon focus, for example.
[Sun Jan 14 02:05:38 2007] : (43) DM:
the magic of your items remains the same
[Sun Jan 14 02:05:49 2007] : (53) Atross:
The only thing that may need to change is my bow, in which case I'm pefectly capable of killing people with, say, a thrown butter knife. Just try me.
[Sun Jan 14 02:05:49 2007] : (43) DM:
yep
[Sun Jan 14 02:05:56 2007] : (46) Morti:
Morti's fiddle turns into a lyre. unfortunately his perform skill turns into panpipes
[Sun Jan 14 02:06:34 2007] : (48) Zane:
so - I'm guessing by the way that you are talking about skills, you don't know right now which ones would change, right?
[Sun Jan 14 02:06:57 2007] : (43) DM:
ok, so I want to make sure you understand in OOC terms what this is all about
[Sun Jan 14 02:07:27 2007] : (46) Morti:
Greek Man-Boy love?
[Sun Jan 14 02:07:38 2007] : (43) DM:
you're being sent to ancient Greece on real-world Earth to cause something to happen that has a mirror effect on Andurin
[Sun Jan 14 02:07:54 2007] : (43) DM:
recall that Andurin has 12 gods in its pantheon
[Sun Jan 14 02:08:00 2007] : (43) DM:
one of whom was imprisoned
[Sun Jan 14 02:08:05 2007] : (43) DM:
and eventually freed
[Sun Jan 14 02:08:32 2007] : (43) DM:
in this time, one of the Olympians (Hermes) has not yet become a god
[Sun Jan 14 02:08:38 2007] : (46) Morti:
Thus the hundreds of gods in the Olympian Pantheon will easily kick their ass. So.. we have to kill off Olympian gods...?
[Sun Jan 14 02:08:56 2007] : (43) DM:
your job is to make sure that he does
[Sun Jan 14 02:09:20 2007] : (46) Morti:
Make sure Hermes kills off Olympian Gods?
[Sun Jan 14 02:09:26 2007] : (43) DM:
if the Olympians do not become a complete pantheon, then history does not proceed as normal
[Sun Jan 14 02:09:27 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Olympians
[Sun Jan 14 02:09:36 2007] : (46) Morti:
I think he might be hard up to slay family.
[Sun Jan 14 02:09:50 2007] : (43) DM:
silly, there's no god killing involved
[Sun Jan 14 02:09:57 2007] : (46) Morti:
yet
[Sun Jan 14 02:10:03 2007] : (43) DM:
you should know me by now
[Sun Jan 14 02:10:31 2007] : (48) Zane:
As much as we may want to kill a goddess or two....
[Sun Jan 14 02:10:36 2007] : (43) DM:
heh
[Sun Jan 14 02:11:15 2007] : (46) Morti:
It would be nice if for once a god sent their own follows to do their bidding, rather than us.
[Sun Jan 14 02:11:17 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens:
The Olympians have Twelve Gods, same as Andurin. So guessing if Hermes does not become a God, then the Pantheon in Andurin will be similarly affected
[Sun Jan 14 02:11:47 2007] : (53) Donovan:
Well, I did say you'd find plenty of destiny with us.
[Sun Jan 14 02:11:48 2007] : (46) Morti:
Maybe we should join a church to avoid this stuff from now on. Kind of like joining to coast guard tio avoid military service.
[Sun Jan 14 02:12:14 2007] : (43) DM:
right
[Sun Jan 14 02:12:28 2007] : (46) Morti:
Olympians have WAY more than 12 gods
[Sun Jan 14 02:12:36 2007] : (43) DM:
I'm skipping over a lot of details but that's the gist of it
[Sun Jan 14 02:12:38 2007] : (53) Donovan:
Now that you mention it, Morti may be on to something.
[Sun Jan 14 02:12:48 2007] : (53) Donovan:
This is all a plot to get Atross to join a church!
[Sun Jan 14 02:12:51 2007] : (43) DM:
lol
[Sun Jan 14 02:13:12 2007] : (48) Zane:
lol - I think they might be trying for him and Thom...
[Sun Jan 14 02:13:17 2007] : (53) Donovan:
Hmm, freelance follower..
[Sun Jan 14 02:13:21 2007] : (42) Sevis Goloens:
Not Primary Gods, if you get into all the children by mortals and incest then yes they do, but they only have twelve primary gods
[Sun Jan 14 02:13:56 2007] : (43) DM:
and Andurin has 12 primary deities but thousands of Aspects
[Sun Jan 14 02:14:16 2007] : (53) Donovan:
Now that you mention it, I have come up with a name for Andurin's cosmology.
[Sun Jan 14 02:14:20 2007] : (43) DM:
so there will be no god killing involved, no epic magic items, none of that silly stuff
[Sun Jan 14 02:14:45 2007] : (46) Morti:
sure, take all the fun out of it
[Sun Jan 14 02:14:46 2007] : (53) Donovan:
Greyhawk has the great wheel, FR has the tree. Andurin has the D12.
[Sun Jan 14 02:14:47 2007] : (48) Zane:
This is such a wierd time to be going to Greece though, considering just a couple weeks ago I played and beat God of War....
[Sun Jan 14 02:15:06 2007] : (43) DM:
I thought it might be a neat thing to have a storyline that ties into what you're going through with the main Damrosil campaign that's not normally D&D related
[Sun Jan 14 02:15:10 2007] : ** (42) Sevis Goloens wines
"But I want my Artifact boots of god ass kicking" **
[Sun Jan 14 02:15:47 2007] : ** (44) Arun ties chains to his swords **
[Sun Jan 14 02:15:52 2007] : (43) DM:
lol
[Sun Jan 14 02:15:58 2007] : (48) Zane:
There you go. :)
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:05 2007] : (43) DM:
I'm not going to run a strict Greek campaign
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:15 2007] : (44) Arun:
hey, i've got a rope of climbing. I can even retract them
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:22 2007] : (48) Zane:
you already got the no armor thing, now we just needs red tatoos and ashes.
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:25 2007] : (43) DM:
just not going to have things like plate mail or heavy crossbows or magnifying glasses
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:32 2007] : (46) Morti:
good.. because I can't eat that much fetta cheese
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:37 2007] : (53) Donovan:
The mortal realm, the material plane, coexistent astral and ethereal planes, and the linked elemental and energy planes are surounded by the 12 divine planes of the celestial jewel, which is therefore shaped like a D12.
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:39 2007] : (43) DM:
as for your skills, probably 99% of them will remain intact
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:46 2007] : (46) Morti:
Greeks had magnifying glasses
[Sun Jan 14 02:16:57 2007] : (43) DM:
but if you have a skill like Knowledge: The Planes, that's not going to exist
[Sun Jan 14 02:17:23 2007] : (48) Zane:
crafts might change...
[Sun Jan 14 02:17:27 2007] : (46) Morti:
So... our memories are going to be altered?
[Sun Jan 14 02:17:34 2007] : (43) DM:
you retain your memories
[Sun Jan 14 02:17:39 2007] : (48) Zane:
knowledge (local) definately out... :)
[Sun Jan 14 02:17:50 2007] : (43) DM:
but if you talk about Almeena, someone would look at you weird
[Sun Jan 14 02:18:04 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease:
Lucky Sevis' equipment is basicly an old robe, some cloth gloves, a rope tied to his waist and some leather bracers and sandles, so he should more or less look the same
[Sun Jan 14 02:18:07 2007] : (46) Morti:
Why? it sounds greekish
[Sun Jan 14 02:18:13 2007] : (53) Donovan:
Well, yes and no. Considering we're not supposed to talk about fight club. Er, the Goddess, it's probably not a good idea to mention the negative energy plane around folks.
[Sun Jan 14 02:18:28 2007] : (43) DM:
yeah!
[Sun Jan 14 02:18:33 2007] : (46) Morti:
A name like Morti on the other hand...
[Sun Jan 14 02:19:11 2007] : (48) Zane:
Thom is using leather armor - so that's good. I'm guessing the rapier and short sword might... And jewelery can remain, yes?
[Sun Jan 14 02:19:19 2007] : (48) Zane:
*might change
[Sun Jan 14 02:19:24 2007] : (43) DM:
yes
[Sun Jan 14 02:19:34 2007] : (43) DM:
rapier changes, short sword does not
[Sun Jan 14 02:19:46 2007] : (53) Donovan:
Obviously it's a nickname you earned for your graverobbing studies on physiology. Mort. Dead. Dr Morti. See?
[Sun Jan 14 02:19:55 2007] : (44) Arun:
is mithril shirts out?
[Sun Jan 14 02:20:09 2007] : (43) DM:
mithril doesn't exist in ancient Greece
[Sun Jan 14 02:20:20 2007] : (43) DM:
I don't think
[Sun Jan 14 02:20:31 2007] : (46) Morti:
and chain armor wasn't invented yet
[Sun Jan 14 02:20:36 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease:
Arun your swords get to change to These
[Sun Jan 14 02:20:46 2007] : (48) Zane:
make the rapier a dagger? just for ease? about the same amount of metal...
[Sun Jan 14 02:20:52 2007] : (44) Arun:
ooh. those are cool
[Sun Jan 14 02:20:59 2007] : (43) DM:
the good news is that you won't be facing opponents that are garbed in chain mail or plate
[Sun Jan 14 02:21:05 2007] : (43) DM:
ok
[Sun Jan 14 02:21:45 2007] : (43) DM:
the other piece of good news is that magicka works better than normal
[Sun Jan 14 02:22:07 2007] : (48) Zane:
oh?
[Sun Jan 14 02:22:13 2007] : (53) Donovan:
We saw what happened last time magicka worked better than normal.
[Sun Jan 14 02:22:17 2007] : (43) DM:
meaning that spellcasters have the opportunity to change their spellbooks for this adventure only
[Sun Jan 14 02:22:31 2007] : (48) Zane:
yeah, my sword almost burned my hand off...
[Sun Jan 14 02:22:31 2007] : (46) Morti:
The bad news is, evil mages lurk all over this ancient greec
[Sun Jan 14 02:23:13 2007] : (46) Morti:
how so?
[Sun Jan 14 02:25:12 2007] : (43) DM:
ok, so I'll see you guys next week. send me your revised PCs by e-mail so we can get this ball rolling
[Sun Jan 14 02:26:22 2007] : (43) DM:
any equipment that is changed in ancient Greece reverts to your old equipment when (if) you return
[Sun Jan 14 02:26:47 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
the medallion will not work in Greece
[Sun Jan 14 02:26:56 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
I thought I would get that out of the wa
[Sun Jan 14 02:26:58 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
way
[Sun Jan 14 02:27:01 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering):
damn, I love that thing...
[Sun Jan 14 02:27:15 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering):
yeah, thanks - although that bites... :)
[Sun Jan 14 02:27:43 2007] : (46) Morti:
btw.. when you said Morti has hair, I assume you mean he's not scarred up freak boy while in greece, right?
[Sun Jan 14 02:27:44 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you'll still have it
[Sun Jan 14 02:27:45 2007] : (53) Donovan:
One thing I can say, I'm glad I got so many arrows.
[Sun Jan 14 02:27:50 2007] : (43) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
it just won't function properly
[Sun Jan 14 02:28:00 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease:
The only thing that might change is Tektite, and not sure how/if she will change
[Sun Jan 14 02:28:19 2007] : (43) DM:
Morti will look like his pre-Almeena appearance
[Sun Jan 14 02:28:33 2007] : (43) DM:
remember when Teleute took you around in Wysos as ghost Morti?
[Sun Jan 14 02:28:36 2007] : (46) Morti:
he'll look twelve?
[Sun Jan 14 02:28:39 2007] : (43) DM:
you said "I have hair!"
[Sun Jan 14 02:28:45 2007] : (43) DM:
that's how you'll look
[Sun Jan 14 02:28:48 2007] : (48) Zane: (whispering):
Oh, so I might think it will work. Because Thom would try it when he gets there, see if he notices all his friends.
[Sun Jan 14 02:29:04 2007] : (46) Morti:
okay.
[Sun Jan 14 02:29:08 2007] : (43) DM:
he'll look like a normal boy without scaly skin and patched up skull
[Sun Jan 14 02:29:47 2007] : (43) DM:
Tektite will be Tektite, I have a feeling
[Sun Jan 14 02:29:57 2007] : (43) DM:
if Daelan shows up next week, he's in for a big shock
[Sun Jan 14 02:29:59 2007] : (43) DM:
rofl
[Sun Jan 14 02:30:02 2007] : (46) Morti:
right then, a cosmetic and clothes change will pretty much do it for Morti, depending on what you mean by changing his spellbook?
[Sun Jan 14 02:30:23 2007] : (43) DM:
I don't think fireball exists in there now, does it?
[Sun Jan 14 02:30:47 2007] : (46) Morti:
eh? why not? I can introduce it!
[Sun Jan 14 02:30:51 2007] : (43) DM:
lol
[Sun Jan 14 02:31:00 2007] : (53) Donovan:
I think that Atross will be fine, I'll just get one of those fancy helmets.
[Sun Jan 14 02:31:11 2007] : (48) Zane:
what about magical bonus to armor? and rings and such? Those still good?
[Sun Jan 14 02:31:18 2007] : (43) DM:
choose up to five spells and replace them with whatever you want
[Sun Jan 14 02:31:27 2007] : (46) Morti:
At least I can sling lightning bolts and declare myself as Zeus or one of his high priests
[Sun Jan 14 02:31:29 2007] : (43) DM:
magical enhancements don't change
[Sun Jan 14 02:32:02 2007] : (48) Zane:
k. Fairly minor for Thom as well. I think it's those that would wear haeavy armor that would be most affected.
[Sun Jan 14 02:32:50 2007] : (46) Morti:
eh, I'm pretty happy with Morti's spell selection, but I'll take a look. Any spells banned in this period?
[Sun Jan 14 02:37:25 2007] : (43) DM:
nope
[Sun Jan 14 02:38:20 2007] : (43) DM:
any clerics, your gods will change to one of the Olympians
[Sun Jan 14 02:38:34 2007] : (43) DM:
you'll still get spells but it won't be the same deity
[Sun Jan 14 02:39:29 2007] : (42) Dj Gilcrease:
Any Psionic changes, Sevis only has one Power (Stomp) but figured I would ask
[Sun Jan 14 02:39:52 2007] : (46) Morti:
Then I have just one more quetion... which way to the orgy hall?
[Sun Jan 14 02:40:26 2007] : (43) DM:
psionics remain the same
[Sun Jan 14 02:40:47 2007] : (48) Zane:
Stat Roll: [4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [4,4,3] = (11)
[4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [6,2,2] = (10)
[4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [6,6,5] = (17)
[4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [6,6,4] = (16)
[4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [5,5,5] = (15)
[4d6.takeHighest(3) ] => [6,6,4] = (16)

[Sun Jan 14 02:41:05 2007] : (48) Zane:
Whoops - well, at least I know it works...
[Sun Jan 14 02:41:07 2007] : (43) DM:
Tanesh, Arun will be from real world Middle East during this time period
[Sun Jan 14 02:41:28 2007] : (43) DM:
so you won't need to do too much in the way of making things up on the fly
[Sun Jan 14 02:41:30 2007] : (44) Arun:
Yay, I'm foreign no matter where I am
[Sun Jan 14 02:41:34 2007] : (43) DM:
lol
[Sun Jan 14 02:41:42 2007] : (44) Arun:
okay, that makes things much easier
[Sun Jan 14 02:42:25 2007] : (44) Arun:
actually, really, all i have to do is change the metals my swords are made of and get leather armor then.
[Sun Jan 14 02:42:39 2007] : (46) Morti:
Great. And I'll be from Atlantis
[Sun Jan 14 02:42:41 2007] : (43) DM:
I can't remember, I think at the time of the Greeks, Babylon was around
[Sun Jan 14 02:43:32 2007] : (43) DM:
one other thing
[Sun Jan 14 02:43:35 2007] : (43) DM:
this is important
[Sun Jan 14 02:43:48 2007] : (43) DM:
in ancient Greece, mounted animals (horses) aren't common place
[Sun Jan 14 02:43:53 2007] : (53) Donovan:
I'll just get armor in the regional style, and make sure no one mistakes me for Odysseus. I don't want to get lost.
[Sun Jan 14 02:44:04 2007] : (53) Donovan:
It's ok, we left them outside.
[Sun Jan 14 02:44:18 2007] : (43) DM:
your horses will remain in Andurin
[Sun Jan 14 02:45:20 2007] : (43) DM:
you can get a mule or two to replace them (for pack animals) but that's it
[Sun Jan 14 02:46:00 2007] : (48) Zane:
we still got our backpacks, yes?
[Sun Jan 14 02:46:46 2007] : (43) DM:
yes
[Sun Jan 14 02:47:07 2007] : (48) Zane:
cool, all good then.
[Sun Jan 14 02:47:08 2007] : (43) DM:
and the last thing I'll give you, kind of a reminder, is that your biggest obstacle is time
[Sun Jan 14 02:47:20 2007] : (46) Morti:
Just need to find the nearest Pegasus clearing, if clash of the Titans taught me anything
[Sun Jan 14 02:47:25 2007] : (43) DM:
lol
[Sun Jan 14 02:47:34 2007] : (43) DM:
I hated that movie
[Sun Jan 14 02:48:43 2007] : (46) Morti:
what? But the claymation was splendiforous!
[Sun Jan 14 02:52:30 2007] : (53) Donovan:
It looks like we're winding down.
[Sun Jan 14 02:53:36 2007] : (48) Zane:
Appears so.
[Sun Jan 14 02:54:27 2007] : (43) DM:
ok
[Sun Jan 14 02:54:40 2007] : (43) DM:
if you have any questions, please e-mail me during the week
[Sun Jan 14 02:54:57 2007] : (43) DM:
normal gaming resumes next Wed with the FR game wherein we continue the mystery of the dead arcane
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:03 2007] : (43) DM:
see ya
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:08 2007] : (53) Donovan:
Will do. Goodnight then.
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:13 2007] : (48) Zane:
sounds like a plan. Later all
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:15 2007] :
(53) Donovan: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:16 2007] :
(53) Donovan (exit): 02:55
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:19 2007] :
(48) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:20 2007] :
(48) Zane (exit): 02:55
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:57 2007] :
Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Jan 14 02:55:59 2007] :
Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms