Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(2973) Zane:
hoops, wrong macro...
(2968) Yazut:
I remember we were about to get level drained by spectres.
(2968) Yazut:
brb
(2969) DM:
(so init. :) if you want.)
(2970) Donovan:
Mental Description:
(2970) Donovan:
Oops...
(2970) Atross:
(My mind is blank, after all)
(2974) Morti:
Init: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)
(2973) Thom:
Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(2970) Atross:
Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
(2968) Yazut:
Initiative: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
(2978) Reaper (enter): 20:34
(2969) DM:
(anyone else?)
(2978) Reaper (exit):
20:35
(2971) Dj Gilcrease:
INIT: [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23)
(2971) Dj Gilcrease:
(( Sorry was typing to you in AIM :) ))
(2968) Yazut:
(Improved init is for sissies.))
(2969) DM:
(Jarvis?)
(2979) MrShadow (enter): 20:37
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(2979) MrShadow (exit): 20:38
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
(2972) ticattack:
(([1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)))
(2969) DM:
(Sev 23)
** (2971) Sevis Goloens slips into a combat stance after knocking the door down and waits for the undead to get closer (Delay action untill they are within range) **
(2969) DM:
(Atr 18)
(2982) Donovan (enter): 20:43
(2968) Yazut has sent you a tree node...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2982) Donovan...
(2982) Donovan: Disconnecting from server...
(2982) Donovan (exit):
20:43
** (2970) Atross aims at the nearest of the spectral beings, but waits for it to make a move before firing (Readying manyshot) **
(2969) DM:
(Jar 18)
(2974) Morti:
(What's the spectre's formation in the room?)
(2974) Morti:
(for instance.. how many could I hit with a lighting bolt? ;P)
(2968) Yazut:
[1d100] -> [72] = (72)
(2969) DM:
(in the rear of the chamber, as one line)
(2968) Yazut:
((oops))
(2969) DM:
(half of them)
(2972) ticattack:
((Sorry, just a moment))
** (2972) ticattack flings his arms outward, chanting as he glares at the spectre. Electricty crackles down his body, sheathing him in a blue light. (Casting Call Lightning, casting time of one round) **
** (2972) Jarvis flings his arms outward, chanting as he glares at the spectre. Electricty crackles down his body, sheathing him in a blue light. (Casting Call Lightning, casting time of one round) **
(2969) DM:
(k)
(2969) DM:
(Yaz 17)
** (2968) Yazut observes from his position in the hall, just outside of the door, having never entered due to the waist-high muck (no action). **
(2969) DM:
(Mort 15)
** (2974) Morti prepares to cast a lightning bolt, but holds back, Calling out to the undead within hopefully, "Um... hello. Sorry to disturb you." (delay) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
(2974) Morti:
(er... ready action, rather)
(2969) DM:
(ok, I'll load minis. also Matt might have to cut out early)
(2968) Yazut:
((Yaz was in that hall, byw. Outside room 31))
(2973) Thom:
(( since we just opened the door, we are all in the hallway... :) ))
(2968) Yazut:
((Oh, I thought you were checking the room inside))
(2969) DM:
(they advance)
(2969) DM:
(Thm 11)
** (2970) Atross releases a pair of arrows at the nearest ghost before it can reach Sevis. (readied action) **
(2970) Atross:
Point Black Attack: Manyshot:[1d20+9+5+2+1-4+1] -> [10,9,5,2,1,-4,1] = (24)
(2969) DM:
The arrow flies through the creature's form...
** (2973) Thom gets a glance of the advancing wraiths. "Maybe this room we should have left alone." he mutters as he takes a defensive stance and rocks on his heals a little, to keep himself nimble once they aproach. he holds Ringrist before him, hoping it's glow might keep them back, even if only a little. **
(2973) Thom:
(( done - total defense ))
(2969) DM:
As one, the shadows recoil from the sword's radiance.
(2969) DM:
(Sev 23)
** (2971) Sevis Goloens Waits for the undead to get closer (Delay action untill they are within range) **
(2969) TaliesinNYC:
HTML links in Open: Jarvis
(2969) DM:
(so Matt has to cut out b/c he's sick. if someone could pls run Jarvis in combat that'd be great)
(2969) DM:
(fyi, Fri is cancelled)
(2968) Yazut:
((I did it last time, but will do again if nobody else wants.))
(2974) Morti:
(I don't mind)
(2973) Thom:
(( go for it. ))
(2969) DM:
(Atr 18)
** (2970) Atross fires a testing shot at the same wraith, curious if it'll miss again. **
(2970) Atross:
Standard Attack: [1d100] -> [58] = (58)One Shot:[1d20+9+5+2+1+1] -> [6,9,5,2,1,1] = (24)
(2969) DM:
Oh, the arrow appears to strike them...but it flies THROUGH the creature's form...
(2969) DM:
(Jar 18)
(2974) Jarvis:
(he still here? or just idle?)
(2973) Thom:
(( I think he left, but kept it open to get the log. ))
** (2974) Jarvis calls down a bolt of lightning of on the lead wraith in warning. [3d6] -> [2,5,2] = (9) **
(3001) Kamal (enter):
21:08
(3001) Kamal (exit):
21:08
(2969) DM:
(I mean whomever is controlling him)
(2969) DM:
(ok)
(2969) DM:
It howls in pain...
(2969) DM:
(Yaz 17)
(3000) Tarl (enter):
21:10
** (2968) Yazut squeezes himself in between Thom and Atross legs to get a getter look at what they've spotted (delay). **
(2969) DM:
(Mort 15)
(3000) Tarl (exit):
21:14
** (2974) Morti hurries with quick incantation, before thrustiong out his finger in a threatening manner. Four azure bolts fly fourth from his digit careening at the wraith in front (Magic Missile on 2 [4d4+4] -> [1,3,4,3,4] = (15) **
(2969) DM:
It would retaliate, but the glow of Ringrist keeps it at bay.
(2969) DM:
The wraiths retreat into the recesses of the chamber, seemingly kept at bay by the sword.
(2969) DM:
(Thm 11)
(2974) Morti:
"Hah...." :quirks his head at their fear:
(2973) Thom:
"Pardon me Morti, but they seem to be keeping back from Ringrist. Keep firing anything you all have." he says as he steps in front of Morti, giving the mage some more protection. Thom keeps a very defensive stance, content with letting the range attackers take out the wraiths as Ringrist holds them back.
** (2968) Yazut pushes forward again, seeing the effects of Morti's attack, and unleashes his own (delayed) barrage of crimson hued artillery. ((MM, [1d4+1] -> [3,1] = (4) to the one Morti attacked, and [4d4+4] -> [3,4,1,3,4] = (15) to another)) **
(2973) Thom:
(( since Morti is floating, he wouldn't actually be moved back, but that way everyone can see where Morti is. :) ))
(2969) DM:
(k)
(2969) DM:
(Sev 23)
(2974) Morti:
"Uh.. actually.. if they're too afraid to attack... why don't we just stroll by? I mean.. it seems silly to waste ammunition."
** (2971) Sevis Goloens shrugs at the actions of the wraiths and enters the room **
(2973) Thom:
"If they don't see Ringrist, I don't trust that they won't come and attack from behind. And I wouldn't want to be trying to hold them back if we have to face that large demon again."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
(( Done ))
(2970) Atross:
"I agree about not wasting arrows though, I've few enough left."
(2969) DM:
(Atr 18)
(2972) ticattack (exit): 21:30
(2969) DM:
(pokes Atross)
(3014) Donovan (enter): 21:31
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3014) Donovan...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3014) Donovan...
(2969) TaliesinNYC:
Booting '(2970) Donovan' from room...
(2970) Donovan (exit): 21:32
(2969) DM:
(Atross?)
(2968) Yazut:
((Pokes Doc, you're up!))
** (3014) Atross puts away his bow and hefts the mace from his belt while he advances. **
(2968) Yazut:
((Don*))
(2969) DM:
(Jar 18)
** (2974) Jarvis continues his bombardment, calling down another bolt on the same wraith [3d6] -> [3,1,4] = (8) **
(2969) DM:
(Yaz 17)
** (2968) Yazut remains just outside the room, not wishing to soil his feet in the mud. **
(2845) Nick (enter): 21:40
(2845) Nick (exit): 21:41
(2969) DM:
(Mort 15)
** (2974) Jarvis , levitating above the mud, grabs Thom's shoulder, to pull himself ahead, and then grabs the frame of the door to pull himself into the room. With the wraiths cowed, he takes his time to look around at this iron doored room they were apparently left to guard **
(2974) Morti:
(er....)
** (2974) Morti , levitating above the mud, grabs Thom's shoulder, to pull himself ahead, and then grabs the frame of the door to pull himself into the room. With the wraiths cowed, he takes his time to look around at this iron doored room they were apparently left to guard **
(2969) DM:
It appears to be a torture chamber. And not used in recent memory.
(2969) DM:
The wraiths vanish from sight.
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Hate it when they do that"
(2973) Thom:
(( that's what I get for typing up my next action... ))
** (2971) Sevis Goloens begins looking around the room for anything interesting **
** (2973) Thom steps into the room, prepared to go on the offensive, just as the wraiths disappear. "Well, that's not promising." Regardless, he begins looking over the room, to see if they were guarding anything in particular, or just happened to gather here. **
(2974) Morti:
"Uh.... think they got bored?"
** (3014) Atross looks around the room briefly to find where his arrows ricocheted off the walls or sank into the muck; a futile effort. Giving that up he looks around for what else the room has to offer. **
(2969) DM:
Several skeletons appear to have been chained to the walls. It's not pretty.
(2973) Thom:
"Bored, scared - whichever. I just hope they don't come back suddenly from behind us."
(2969) DM:
A smashed door can be seen in the rear of the chamber.
(2968) Yazut:
"If they does, Yazut has big surprise for thems."
** (2971) Sevis Goloens heads over to ther door and looks though **
** (2973) Thom heads over to the back door of this room, to determine if he can see beyond the door. **
(3027) Lunauc (enter):
21:50
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3027) Lunauc...
(2973) Thom:
(( smashed as in pounded on, or smashed down? ))
(2969) DM:
It's a torture chamber...more of the same. The door however seems to have been torn off its hinges.
** (2968) Yazut remains outside still, in the hall, watching the room, the walls for any visible distortions that might give away the presence of the incorporeal beings, but seems generally unconcerned with the situation. **
** (2971) Sevis Goloens enters the next room to give it a once over **
** (3027) Morti looks over the torture devices with morbid curiosity as they wait. **
** (2973) Thom steps into the next room as well, moving around the torn door, and checks it out. **
(2969) DM:
Set around the room at different stations are torture devices, all of them rusted. A couple of devices still have skeletons in their metallic embrace.
** (3014) Atross carries his mace ready while he goes around to release the torture devices' bindings on their long dead victims. **
** (3027) Morti cringes at the horrible sight. Moving to one occupied device, he carefully tries to open it's bonds to free the skeleton within, post-humus. **
(3027) Morti:
(Guess neither can leave well enough alone)
** (2973) Thom moves around the room, but finds nothing of interest, as expected. **
(3030) omarsharif (enter): 21:58
(2973) Thom:
(( and this is room 32, correct? ))
(2968) Yazut:
((brb))
(3030) omarsharif (exit): 21:58
(2969) DM:
((yes))
** (2971) Sevis Goloens exits the room after finding nothing of intrest **
(3027) Morti:
0.o
(2969) DM:
The skeleton crumbles to dust as you (Morti) attempt to extricate it from the device.
(2973) Thom:
"There doesn't appear to be anything else here, or any other way out. That means the only direction to go is past that rune and into the occupied room. The Statue must be in there, or another set of stairs, heading even deeper into this swamp."
** (2968) Yazut thinks a moment on the situation, "Maybe better way to deals with dead ones, mm?" **
** (3027) Morti settles the deteriorated remains as comfortable as possible, he moves onto the next device, continuing his ministrations. **
** (2968) Yazut interjects, wondering if anyone's listening. **
(3027) Morti:
:glances to Yasut: "Eh?"
(2968) Yazut:
"Bones."
(2973) Thom:
"Do you have something in mind?"
(3029) bobbi (enter): 22:02
(3029) bobbi (exit): 22:02
** (2968) Yazut shrugs at Thom's question, "Takes bones of dead ones out of this place, mm? Finds them place they finds rest, dead ones be happy then?" **
** (3027) Morti nods to Yazut. "I agree. Even if it doesn't allieve us of the wraiths, it's still the right thing to do." **
(2973) Thom:
"Well, based on the last one's response to Morti's touch, moving these bones will be no easy task."
(2968) Yazut:
"Collects what we can, gives them peace, maybe they gives us peace?"
(2973) Thom:
"It's worth a shot. Can you try to help Morti with that?"
** (2968) Yazut casts his eyesa down at the muck, frowning, "Uhm.." **
(3014) Atross:
"Don't want to get a little dirty?"
** (3027) Morti looks about the room for any type of bowl or urn or other conveyance to collect the remains in **
** (2968) Yazut sets his foot into the muck, and then another, "Not minds too much.." **
(3014) Atross:
"It's not so bad once it soaks all the way through."
** (3014) Atross stomps his boots around in the mud to make his point. **
(3027) Morti:
:to Yaz: "You can borrow my boots if it bothers you. But you'll need some one to drag you around."
(2973) Thom:
(( by the way - the hallway was full of mud - so we all, except maybe Morti, have been wandering through it for a while. ))
** (2968) Yazut wades sullenly into the wet, waist high mud, grumbling, "Uhm, no, that be okay.." **
(2969) DM:
((not much of a conveyance unless you count an empty iron maiden))
** (2973) Thom makes his way back into the room formerly occupied with wraiths as others coolect what remains they can. **
** (2968) Yazut sloshes through the muck, through the room, to the other doorway, and glaces around at the contents-he reaches into his satchel and produces a bug iron cook pot, "Use this?" **
(3027) Morti:
(great, pop the pins, turn it over and we have a jumbo corpse sollector.)
(3027) Morti:
:raises a cloth brow to Yazut: "Is that enough?"
** (2968) Yazut shrugs and settles the pot into the muck, "Not knows? Yazut has something else maybe, if it not be, mm? **
** (3027) Morti shrugs and continues freeing the dead, brushing what he can of their dusty remains into the pot **
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
(( AFK for a smoke ))
** (2968) Yazut just.. stands there, waist deep in filth, waiting for the pot to fill. **
** (3014) Atross helps Morti collect remains, hauling the pot from device to machine and so on. **
(2969) DM:
(nope)
(2968) Yazut:
((?))
(2969) DM:
(mt)
(2969) DM:
Thom's sword seems to be slowly dimming.
(3037) Jordan (enter): 22:16
** (2973) Thom remains in 31, waiting for the others to finish bringing out the dead. **
(3037) Jordan (exit): 22:17
(3038) Kessler (enter): 22:18
(3027) Morti:
:once they are finished collecting the dust
(3027) Morti:
: "Now where do we bury them?"
(3038) Kessler (exit): 22:18
** (2968) Yazut takes the cook pot full of bones and bone dust, "Yazut takes dead ones away, finds place outside of walls?" **
(2974) Lunauc (exit): 22:20
(3014) Atross:
"You could scatter the remains outside, instead of burying them. They've been underground for quite some time already."
** (3027) Morti nods. "Alright, I'll follow." **
(2973) Thom:
"Once we are done here, yes. Now, let's move on."
** (2968) Yazut shrugs at the sugestion, and hefts the pot in both arms, stepping slowly and carefully through the mud so as not to slip and spill the contents, back the way they'd come, "You stays with thems, Yazut finds good place for dead ones to sleeps.." **
** (3027) Morti follows Yazut out, insisting. "Nah, I we should all go and say a prey for them. Since none of us is a priest, they more blessings they get the better. Neh?" **
(3027) Morti:
(eesh.. talk about typos.. prayer for them*)
** (2973) Thom moves with everyone as they leave the torture rooms. "You want to go all the way back outside now? Let's finish this, then we will have plenty of time for prayers." **
** (2968) Yazut neither protests nor agrees, but instead remains quiet, leaving them to decide for themselves what to do. **
(3014) Atross:
"I agree, you shouldn't carry them out alone when you don't have to. We'll all go out together. As to when, I don't mind a little extra walk."
** (3027) Morti speaks ratherly sternly to Thom, as he continues for the exit, "I think these people have waited long enough." **
** (2973) Thom just shrugs in response. "Very well, let's get Sevis as we go then, he should be up ahead of us just a bit." ((he was in room 30 last I asked him)) **
(3040) Isam (enter): 22:29
(3040) Isam (exit): 22:29
** (3014) Atross considers Thom's suggestion while he walks, "Actually, if we find the Singing Statue, I think it may be able to give them rest as well. It's probably the cause of some of the catastrophe here. Though I don't have any holy water with me." **
** (2968) Yazut quietly makes his way back up the stairs, wary of any movement not his own or that of his comrades, wondering of the hateful spirits of the dead might have it in their twisted minds to lash out at him for disturbing their remains. **
** (2971) Sevis Goloens greets the others as they pass though then follows them **
(2973) Thom:
"Well, let's put the dust to rest, and then when we get the statue, we will have helped them twice."
** (2973) Thom leads the entire group back up the stairs, then down the hallway and back up the other flight of stairs to get back outside again. **
** (2968) Yazut takes a sharp right after exiting the small above ground building, and carries the pot just outside the keep's walls, pondering for only a moment leaving the remains at Morti's altar, but knowing nothing of its nature himself, decides against it, instead finding a fairly dry spot to set the pot down. **
** (2968) Yazut drops to his knees and begins shoveling just a few inches of dirt up with his hands, just wide and deep enough to pour in the remains and cover them. **
** (2973) Thom keeps a watch around them as Yaxut buries the remains, keeping Ringrist at the ready in case more unwanted visitors show up. **
** (3027) Morti kneels down to help Yazut dig **
(2973) Thom:
(( *Yazut and Morti ))
** (2968) Yazut dumps the contents of the pot into the very shallow grave, and digs through his satchel for something, producing a few bundles of food bound in cheese cloth, and sets it down with the bones, along with a single gem the color of freshly spilled blood, and then goes about covering the grave. **
** (3027) Morti kneels over the impromptu grave, offering up a smathering of oddly strung prayers to Solnor, Tevesh, Hurishta, the War Father and Oneiros. He knows little of their works, he seems quite sincere in his belief, as he asks them to bless these tortured souls. **
** (2968) Yazut then stands to his feet, having kept a single bone from what they recovered, and rests it atop the small mound, before dumping the silvery contents of a small leather pouch, and as much again of his water rations around the grave in a circle, before slowly and carefully speaking in incantation over it. **
** (3014) Atross says a short prayer over the buried remains, asking that these tortured souls find their way to peace and rest at last, beseeching both the War Father and Solnor to guide them to their proper place. **
(3014) Atross:
"I don't know who they were, but they definitely deserve some rest after so long."
** (2971) Sevis Goloens starts back toward the crypt once they are done with their ritual **
(3043) Some Random Guy (enter): 22:41
** (2968) Yazut takes a step back as the circle of silvery powder ignites in much the same way as gunpowder would, as he speaks the final word of the spell, and gives a quick nod, "Uhm, it be done.." **
(3027) Morti:
:With his prayers finished, Morti offers one final wish for the dead to find peace, before looking up to the others: "So.. what next?"
(3014) Atross:
"Now we go back in and open up the runed door. No time for us to rest yet this day."
(2968) Yazut:
"We hopes that be sufficient for dead ones to be at peace. Now we goes and finds what he comes here for, mm?"
(2973) Thom:
"We get that statue, so all the souls can find rest." He then follows Sevis back down into the depths, figuring the others will follow.
(2968) Yazut:
((we*))
** (3027) Morti follows Thom **
(3043) Some Random Guy (exit): 22:44
** (3014) Atross follows back down into the sunken keep. **
** (2973) Thom heads back down, heading straight for the lowest floor, stopping before the one unopened door on that level - the door with the rune on it. **
** (3027) Morti looks to the rune door, glancing nervously to Thom. "Um... I'm not so sure about this." **
(2969) DM:
As before, the door is closed. A cold white light seems to gleam from beyond the portal.
(2973) Thom:
"Neither am I, but it's the last option to find the statue. What can you tell us about the rune Morti?"
** (2968) Yazut rests himself agaist the support of his walking stick, and studies the door. **
(3027) Morti:
"It's holding something prisoner. I'm figuring a demon or something equally nasty."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"There is one door we did no enter in the level above us. A stone door if I remember properly"
(2973) Thom:
"Does that mean the rune is good? And not evil?"
(3027) Morti:
:anxiously to Sevis: "Great, let's got to that one!"
(2968) Yazut:
"Uhm, for good or ill, not means it not kills you if you touches it."
(2973) Thom:
"Yes, but the door to this level was oiled. Whoever has been keeping this statue would have kept the path to it prepared."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Thom you wana check that door first, just so this is the last place we check?"
(2973) Thom:
"Sure, I'd rather not have to deal with that rune, but I fear that we will have to."
** (2968) Yazut takes a step closer to the door, and holds a hand up, just a few inches from the seal. **
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"I am sure we will as well, but best leave it as a last resort"
(3014) Atross:
"The door down here was kept in good repair, that means something down here was seeing use. If it's not the statue, it's got to be something important. Just what is it?"
** (2971) Sevis Goloens heads back up a level to the stone door that they left unexamined last time **
** (2973) Thom nods and prepares to head back upstairs as he notices Yazut. "Yazut, be careful." **
** (3027) Morti follows after Sevis **
** (3014) Atross follows back upstairs as everyone leaves. **
** (2973) Thom pauses before heading upstairs, waiting to see what Yazut is doing. **
(2973) Thom:
(( brb - smoke ))
(3048) Tarl (enter): 23:02
(2969) DM:
As the goblin releases his spell, the light behind the door grows in intensity, then suddenly flares out...drowning the entrance chamber in darkness.
(2973) Thom:
(( Is Ringrist glowing at all? ))
(2969) DM:
A voice hisses from behind the door, "Come innnnn...."
(3048) Tarl (exit): 23:04
(3027) Morti:
"eh...?" :stops on the stairs, and gulps:
(2969) DM:
((dimly))
(2969) DM:
It's honey sweet.
(2973) Thom:
(( at least there is a little light then. :) ))
** (2968) Yazut drops his hands to his side after speaking the incantation, and cocks a brow at the voice, and prods the door with a finger, "Uhm, 'ello?" **
(2969) DM:
((not enough to see by))
(2969) Voice:
Come innnnnn....
** (2971) Sevis Goloens stops waiting to see what the others decide to do **
** (3027) Morti lowers himself to the steps, carefully peeking his head out to look toward the door. **
** (3014) Atross draws his bow, igniting it's fire so there's light to see by. **
** (2973) Thom looks at Morti, "Get everyone back down here." He looks at Ringrist, barely glowing and sheathes the short sword, and draws out his rapier, whispering a word, bring flames alive along the blade, providing more light. **
** (2968) Yazut cocks his head at Morti, blinking once before turning his attentions back to the door, "Uhm, no. You wants something?" **
(2973) Thom:
"I like the way you think." he comments, while smirking, to Atross.
** (2973) Thom statres at the door silently for a couple moments. **
** (2971) Sevis Goloens heads back down the stairs after Thoms call "I thought we were checking the other door first?" **
(2973) Thom:
(( *stares ))
** (3014) Atross carryies the bow like it's a torch and heads back downstairs to greet the owner of the voice. **
(2973) Thom:
"Yazut had other ideas." he mutters to Sevis as he tries to concentrate.
** (2968) Yazut dips a hand into an interior robe pocket, and produces his large prism-shaped gem, speaking a word to cause it to shine as brightly in vivid white light, as a small star, seeing as the others seem intent on blinding his ability to see in absolute darkness. **
(2969) DM:
The voice chuckles...and manages to raise the hair on the back of your neck.
** (2973) Thom remains still for a while, before finally coming out of his concentration trance. "There is only one in there, but as you can tell - highly intelligent." **
(2969) Voice:
Releassssssse mmmmmmmeeeeee......
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Guess it is good I am not like my shadow self Tian." **Shivers at the laugh and adopts a fighting stance as he gets close to the door**
(2973) Thom:
"Shall we?" Thom asks as he checks the door over again himself, searching for any non-rune traps on it.
(3027) Morti:
:me groans as he stares at the door: "I'd rather not go in.. thanks."
** (2968) Yazut dips his other hand into a different robe picket, and produces a long, slender crystal cylinder, "Open door?" **
(3014) Atross:
"Let's greet the occupant."
(2973) Thom:
"One more idea..." Thom mutters some more syllables and concentrates.
** (2968) Yazut grumbles, "You see Yazut hands are full, someone open door?" **
** (3027) Morti begrudgingly falls in line, though stays back for the moment. **
(2973) Thom:
"Well, although Ringrist wasn't responding, it is evil. I know, not a big shock, but let's be careful, shall we?"
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"For some reason I agree with Morti" **Shrugs** "But I will enter if need be"
** (2973) Thom keeps a grip on his rapier in his right hand, and reaches out to open the door with his left hand. He checks that everyone is ready and then opens the door... **
** (2968) Yazut holds the light gem aloft, the glass crystal rod held level infront of him, just in case. **
(2969) DM:
Ringrist blazes with sudden radiance, as bright as a second sun.
** (2971) Sevis Goloens govers his eyes "This is very bad" **
** (2968) Yazut squeels at the blinding light of the blade, and brings his arm up to shield his eyes from the light, stumbling back a few steps from the door. **
(2973) Thom:
(( even though it is sheathed? ))
(2973) Thom:
(( as in, not being wielded right now. ))
(2969) DM:
In the center of the room beyond is a pentagram lined with silver dust. Five lit candles anchor the pentagram, containing a black and crimson-banded snake, atop which can be seen the head of a beautiful woman. She smiles...and its not inviting.
(2969) DM:
She croons, "Come innnnnn....."
(2969) DM:
In her hands is a silver statue.
(2969) DM:
((ah, I thought you had it unsheathed. never mind then))
(2973) Thom:
(( it wasn't enough light to see, so I switched it out for the flaming rapier. :) ))
(2969) DM:
((ok))
** (2968) Yazut retracts his previous action, and instead keeps the crystal rod leveled at the woman, just outside of the door, "Yazutagreewithwhathimssaysthisbeverybad." **
(3027) Morti:
Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [3,17] = (20)
** (2973) Thom sees the snake woman and everything. With a quick thought, the flames on his rapier die out, as the candels provide enough light. He quickly sheathes it back on his right hip and places his hand on Ringrist. Thom nods, "Yes, but the evil must be destroyed, and that means facing that thing and getting the statue." With that said, he steps into the room a few steps while drawing out Ringrist. **
** (2968) Yazut squeels at the blinding light of the blade, and brings his arm up to shield his eyes from the light, stumbling back a few steps from the door. ((heh, heh.)) **
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Deamon" ** Shakes his head at Yazut ** "Couldnt wait five minutes while we check another room could you?"
(2973) Thom:
(( yes - now Ringrist is the evuivalent of a second sun. :) ))
(2973) Thom:
(( *equivalent ))
(2968) Yazut:
((*squeal, while we're correcting typos.))
(2968) Yazut:
((Brb))
** (2971) Sevis Goloens enters the room, carefull to avoid the pentagram and looks for anything that may provide a clue as to what type of deamon it is **
** (2973) Thom smiles slightly at the sight of Ringrist blaring with light and holds it forth a little, pointed at the snake woman. "So, do you still want us in here?" **
(2969) DM:
((ok, so now it blazes like a second sun))
(2969) DM:
The creature smiles defiantly. "Releasssse mmmmeeeee...."
** (3027) Morti tries to look beyond the blinding light of Ringrist, to eye the circle around the daemon, making sure it is still intact. **
(2969) DM:
She cradles a silver statue in her hands.
** (2973) Thom also avoids the pentagram for now, remaining a couple steps away from it as he circles the deamon snake, watching her reactions closely. **
(2969) DM:
She watches you with intense interest.
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"You give us the statue and we will release you"
(2973) Thom:
"Why don't you hand over the statue, and then we will talk about releasing you."
(2973) Thom:
(( lol ))
(2969) The daemon:
Not ssssssssssssooooo fassssssst, mortal.
(2969) The daemon:
You sssssseeeek thisssssss. (holds the statue aloft)
(2973) Thom:
"Do all you deamons feel the need to refer to us as mortals just to inflate your own egos, or what?"
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Looks interesting, Dont know what it is though"
** (3027) Morti looks the statue over ponderously, wondering if it may be an illusion to trick them. (will to disbelieve) **
(3027) Morti:
Will save: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
** (2968) Yazut drops his arm slowly as his eyes adjust to the blinding light of Ringrist, and peers into the room as he tucks the crystal rod into his robe again, "Uhm." **
** The daemon narrows her eyes as she watches Thom. "HE sssssssssent you." **
(3014) Atross:
"I've never seen that statue before. What have you got there? And just where are you wanting to be released to?"
** (2971) Sevis Goloens looks at Thom and mouths 'He' and shrugs **
(2973) Thom:
"He? You mean Daelan? Although I can't imagine that he is important enough for you to know of him, yes - Daelan sent us here."
** (3027) Morti creeps unsurely toward the door. Stepping in carefully, he looks about the trappings of the room, wondering if this demon's summoner left any scripture of it's captivity. **
(2969) The daemon:
HE mockssssssss mmmmmmmeeeeee!!!!! Releassssssssssee mmmmeeeee ssssssssso that HE might know a quick death!!!!
** (2968) Yazut waggles a finger at the creature, "You watch what you says, or Yazut introduce you to big dogman friend with big sword, mm?" **
(2973) Thom:
"As much as I could enjoy seeing you rend Daelan, it would not be right. Now, who is it that you really want to kill so badly?"
** The daemon whips her head to glare at Yazut. "HE trapped mmmmmmmmeeeee here!!! Releasssssssssssssee mmmmmmmmmeeee and you mmmmmmmmay have thisssssssss!" **
** (2971) Sevis Goloens shrugs and looks around the room some more, still carefull to avoid the pentagram on the floor **
(2969) The daemon:
HE and that misssssserable Aesssss Ssssssedai of hissssssss.
(2973) Thom:
"Not until we know who you are talking about. Even Daelan could not produce this much hatred toward him. Well, I don't think he could."
** (2968) Yazut spits hissing words, mocking her voice, "Yasssssut notsssssss caressss!" **
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"I doubt Daelan has the power to trap you"
** The daemon smiles sweetly at Yazut. "Then your friend diessssss, ssssssweeting." **
(2973) Thom:
"You know, I don't think this deamon has the power to tell us the name of who she wants dead so bad."
** The daemon says nothing, instead watching and waiting, cradling the statue of Hurishta. **
(3014) Atross:
"But what are you doing here? Why were you trapped here?"
(2968) Yazut:
"Uhm. Yazut begin to thinks you maybe be right. Yazut thinks this one just be little one with big mouth."
** (2973) Thom lets the others try asking questions, as his questions weren't getting answered anyway. **
** (2971) Sevis Goloens shrugs "So maybe Daelan could trap her then. No bother to me. I guess we can sit here and wait for the one who did trap her to return then all make fun of her together" **
** (3014) Atross whispers aside to Morti, "Is there some way we can send it back to its own realm?" **
(2969) The daemon:
HE sssssssummmoned mmmmmeeee here, with hissssssss pet Aesssssss Sssssssedai. HE wanted to know about annnn ancient item of great power. HISSSS offering wasssssss inssssssufficient. And ssssssso HE trapped me here, with *thissssss* asssss the lock and key!
(2973) Thom:
"I don't know. That lisp of hers is quite annoying." Thom keeps the discussion and pverbal proding going, hoping others have ideas.
(2973) Thom:
(( *verbal ))
** (3027) Morti shrugs to Atross, "Probably, but I'm not the powerful. Pehaps you could ask Yazut though." **
(2973) Thom:
"Lock and key? To what?"
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"So what did he offer you for the information?"
(3027) Morti:
:rather timidly, he speaks up to the daemon, "e-excuse me, Ma'am, may I ask who imprisoned you, and what they were seeking?"
(2968) Yazut:
"Uhm, Yazut knows of ways, but uhm, best way Yazut has right now, you kills it."
(2969) The daemon:
A noble of Housssse Dresssss. HE and hisssss Aessssss Ssssssedai caught your friend and enssssspelled him. And you sssssseek thisssss.
(2973) Thom:
"So we release you, we get that silly statue, and you are freed to kill this noble. And what do you do then?"
(2969) The daemon:
I sssshall return to my plane. And you sssshall not be troubled by me. And thisssss I ssssswear by the Firsssst Circle.
(3027) Morti:
:ponders aloud: "Seems rather silly to send us here then. I mean, we come to get the statue and have to free the daemon that wants to go kill him."
(3014) Atross:
"He summoned you for a bargain, but you wouldn't accept his terms; he wouldn't pay enough. Since then, you haven't managed to escape. What'd he ask you?"
** (2971) Sevis Goloens looks to Morti "If he traped her once he can probably do it again, but we will have the statue he wants this time and we are probably alot easyer to deal with then the deamon" **
(2969) The daemon:
For a Ssssssword.
** (3014) Atross picks up the capitalization on the weapon. **
(3027) Morti:
(brb)
(2969) The daemon:
The ssssstatue can point the way to the Ssssssword. But HE cannot wield it, touched asssss HE isssss by the Great Lord of the Dark. And neither can HIS Aessssss Ssssssedai.
(2973) Thom:
"Oh yes, the promise of a deamon. About as good as the word of a Red Sister.
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Was the sword Darkmoon? or Or some other sword?"
(2969) The daemon:
An oath ssssworn by the Firssssst Circle isssss binding, mortal!
** (3014) Atross holds a small conference to discuss something with the rest of them. **
** (2971) Sevis Goloens listens to Atross **
(3027) Morti:
Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [8,17] = (25)
** (2973) Thom keeps and eye on the deamon, but moves to listen to Atross. **
(3014) Atross:
"I'd not usually trust a daemon like this, but if the summoner is actually on the dark side of our band's quest, even Gorgauth's servants are against him."
(2969) The daemon:
The Ssssssword of Jussssstice.
** (2971) Sevis Goloens shrugs not knowing enough about this worlds religions **
(2973) Thom:
"I agree, I don't like it - but I don't see any options."
(3014) Atross:
"I'm worried that I still can't see his plan in this though. What is it he expected to happen?"
(2969) The daemon:
HE wantssssss you to sssseek the Sssssword, and then HE shall claim it for HIS own.
(3014) Atross:
"Good ears..."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"My guess? That we would get the statue from the deamon, then he will kill the deamon and have us find the sword with the statue"
** (3014) Atross turns around to make his counteroffer. **
(2973) Thom:
"And then come after us to get the sword. The problem is, can we kill him if he does?"
(3014) Atross:
"How about this, he and his Aes Sedai have trapped you once before, we know that."
** (3027) Morti approaches the circle, looking up to the daemon. Respectfully, he offers, "Lady, i do not question your honesty that you will keep your oath and return to your plane when your vengence is sated. Yet, I ask you to understand our strange position. If this mage knows we will free you to get the statue, then he must be prepared for your arrival. I fear you will be slain should you seek to attack him." **
(3014) Atross:
"Instead of you running off to kill him by yourself, wait until he tries to take the sword from us and kill him while he has to fight us as well."
(2969) The daemon:
I am eternally patient. HE isssss only a human.
(3027) Morti:
"He is a human with the Dark One's favor."
(3027) Morti:
"Fear not the man, but his support."
(2973) Thom:
"But is he one that must be alive in the future?"
** The daemon says nothing. "And what do you offer, ssssweeting?" **
(2969) DM:
(strike the says nothing part)
** (2971) Sevis Goloens nods to Morti Guys I have an idea, dont much like it, but you have to work with what you have. How about we free the deamon if she cures Daelan, then we dont have to worry about the statue as she will still have it" **
(3027) Morti:
"I plead you, return to your home plane, and we will seek vengence in your name. I will swear he will die for your captivity by our hands."
(2969) The daemon:
You could be a daemon, ssssweeting. I acccept.
** (2971) Sevis Goloens shakes his head at Morti "I will not go hunting down some fool mage who wants to use us. The sword he seeks has nothing to do with why we are here in the past. So I say we just get Daelan cures and leave the deamon to do what she will" **
(3027) Morti:
"one more thing... do you have the power to cure our friend of the mage's affliction?"
(2969) The daemon:
The sssstatue does. I do not.
(2973) Thom:
"Actually Sevis, we do need to find a sword, one such as this Sword of Justice."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"No we do not. We need to find Darkmoon and the Crown of Solnor
(2969) The daemon:
The ssssstatue holds the memory of the Sssssword. And with it, you will know where it liessss.
(3027) Morti:
"Thank you, Lady." :then turning to Sevis: "We kill a dark mage, or she seeks his death, one way or the other, he will die."
(3027) Morti:
"Yet if we strike him with the Sword of Justice.. this he may not be prepared for."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Tian and his group need to find the other two items. The swords of Power were mentioned but not as a prime consernl"
(3014) Atross:
"Then we have plenty of time. The statue itself does him no good, obviously."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"If you want to make the promise Morti feel free but you do not have my support in it"
(2973) Thom:
"Tian and his group don't have anything to do. They didn't really exist, they were just us - thanks to Etienne." ((at least, that's how Thom understands what has happened))
(3027) Morti:
:To Sevis: "I truly do not feel comfortable with killing myself, regardless of the man's dark character. But as I see it, if we don't get that statue, Daelan dies."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"So take the statue and let the deamon deal with the man who traped her"
(2969) DM:
((stopping in 15 min))
(3014) Atross:
"We owe him a visit already for what he has done to us, and for what he plans to do he will follow us someday to try to take the sword when we go to find it."
(3027) Morti:
"That means loosing a demon onto the land. And even if she says she will return to her plane when he is dead, what of the things she does before he is dead. Can you be sure no harm will come to others? And if he she does not kill anyone else, she may be killed herslef, and her attack will serve as warning that we hold the statue."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"We dont go find the sword. We cure Daelan and leave the statue at the appropriate temple for them to deal with"
(3027) Morti:
"The mage will then be on our trail regardless."
(3014) Atross:
"So we leave the statue and he gets someone else to seek the sword for him. Make it someone else's problem. It just doesn't sit right with me."
(3027) Morti:
"And also, this is a great opportunity to claim one of the swords of power for good, before someone of evil can get a hold of it."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Get her to promise to harm none except those who imprisoned her before we free her"
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Ok so we keep the statue and ignore the sword. Either way that sword is not our concern"
(3027) Morti:
"We can not just walk away and let the sword fall into dark hands."
(3027) Morti:
"If so, we may as well be handing it over to them ourselves."
(2969) DM:
((you have memories of your alternates up to the point you entered the Focus))
** (2973) Thom lowers Ringrist, since it has become obvious that they deamon cannot leave the pentagram. "Can we just finish this and get out of this dismal place? We can figure out what to do about the sword once we are out of the swamp." **
(2969) DM:
((everything in Acererak's tomb isn't IC knowledge))
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
(( ahh ok ))
(3027) Morti:
:strongly he states: "They are not MEANT to have it. If evil claims the sword at this point in history, that is a major bane to our future."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Then we dont let them have it. Like I said we can keep the statue without hunting down the sword it can lead us too"
(2973) Thom:
"Besides, we can always find it, and move it somewhere else where no one will have clues as to where it is, keeping it safe."
** (3027) Morti seems unsure, but slowly nods. "Alright then.. you decide the promise." **
(2973) Thom:
"Sevis makes a good point. Since the statue holds the song, it is needed to find the Sword. We keep the Sword out of the hands of the Dark just by keeping that statue safe."
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"Deamon will you swear by the first circle that you will harm none save thone who traped you if we free you?"
(2969) The daemon:
I have ssssso sssssworn, sssssweeting.
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"No you swore to return to your own plane once he was dead and to not bother us again. But you did no swear to harm noone except the ones who traped you"
** The daemon mutters. "Very well, I ssssso ssssswear." **
** (3027) Morti gives a polite bow, offering sincerely, "I wish you well on your venture, lady." **
(2971) Sevis Goloens:
"I must hear the full oath, once I have that and the statue we will free you. I swear by the first circle"
(2969) The daemon:
I ssswear by the Firssst Circle that no mortal hand sssshall be touched sssave that of HE and hissssss Aesssss Ssssedai, and that once thissss hassss occurred, I sssshall return home, and you sssshall not be harmed. Sssso do I sssswear.
** The daemon glares. "Now, I have sssworn. Releasssse mmmmmeeeee!" **
(2968) Yazut (exit): 00:18
** (2971) Sevis Goloens nods and walks close to the deamon and holds out his hands "The statue please" **
(2969) The daemon:
I cannot. The ssssstatue isssss the circle's lock and key. You mussst break the circle for me to be free.
(3091) Lunauc (enter): 00:21
(2969) The daemon:
It powerssss the magicka of the circle but preventssss me from breaking it. A clever ssspell. Thusss I am trapped though I hold the key to my cage in my handssss.
(3075) Mikal (enter): 00:21
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3091) Lunauc...
(3075) Mikal (exit): 00:22
** (2971) Sevis Goloens kicks some of the silver dust to break the circle **
** The daemon smiles triumphantly at Sevis and bows low. She tosses the statue to the ground contemptuously and then vanishes. **
(2969) DM:
(and on that note, we'll stop)
(3091) Morti:
"I really hope we don't regret that later."


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms