Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(213) TaliesinNYC: I think DJ went to the store?
(213) TaliesinNYC: who needs a recap?
(214) Donovan: Yes
(214) Donovan: Them
(249) ticattack: ((This is what I get for not checking the forums for a few days... :p))
(213) DM: (basically explored a bit, went down a level, and now you're fighting something that doesn't look too friendly. I'll cut and paste the description in a minute)
(214) Donovan: (It's santa)
(211) Zane: (( you keep wishing... ))
(213) DM: (258) DM: At the bottom of this staircase is an alcove with doors leading west and south. The west one is slightly ajar. The south door has a rune carved upon it. Light trickles out from underneath. It seems to be closed.
(236) Thom: (( west and south, which room is it? ))
(239) Atross: ((Need to fix your compass; I think it's broken.))
(258) DM: (ignore the compass director)
(236) Thom: (( k ))
** (239) Atross whispers cautiously, "One door's open already and the other room looks occupied." **
(236) Thom: "I don't like that rune either." Thom takes a couple steps to the western door that is cracked open.
(239) Atross: "I also don't like to leave an obviously open door behind us."
** (236) Thom pulls out his small mirror and slides it in through the crack partway in order to get a view or the room, without opening the door. **
** (252) Morti steps over to the southern door for a moment, looking at the rune. **
(252) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [4,17] = (21) -> [8,17] -> (8, 17) = (25)
(258) DM: Although the years have not been good to the wall paintings in this room, you are still treated to a panoramic view. The walls are covered with murals showing a beautiful keep with a single tower in one corner. Armies of smartly dressed troops march in the foreground, as a quartet of robed mages and a trio of clergymen in vestments hover in the air just above the keep. Over their heads, a winged hourglass shines golden light down on the whole scene.
whispering to NPC Morti, it seems to be a warning rune
(258) TaliesinNYC: There is a door in the far corner of the chamber.
** (236) Thom takes in the view of the room, and then opens the door so the others can take in the view of the room. **
(236) Thom: "Things have definately changed," Thom mutters as he takes in the full effect of the mural.
** (239) Atross takes in the murals, commenting, "That hourglass makes me think of our own situation. Wonder what it means here." **
(236) Thom: "No idea, but it seems like a good thing to them. Funny how it is time that is now returning this keep to the swamp."
(241) Sevis Goloens: "Wish I was that skilled in painting at times, would be nice to have a smaller version of that"
(236) Thom: (( does any one stand out in the picture as a leader, or does it appear to be a more general picture of how things were? ))
(239) Atross: "So, if this room is otherwise empty, is the door locked?"
(258) DM: ((how things were))
(236) Thom: "We'll find out." Thom answers as he heads to the door in the back corner, checking it over for traps.
(258) DM: As you enter the room...
(236) Thom: (( then again... maybe I won't check the other door out. ))
(258) DM: All at once, a vaguely gargoyle-like figure appears before you. It's over eight feet tall, and grips a gruesome looking barbed sword, coldly regarding you with hateful yellow eyes that have no pupils. Slung across its shoulder is a large pouch.
(258) DM: The intruder seems to send out palpable waves of evil, as a smell of sulfur, brimstone and burning slime envelops you.
"More of you!", it roars with an echoing bellow. "And me without any more trees!"
** (236) Thom brings Ringrist into a defensive stance quickly. **

(213) DM: (so when you get finished reading that, roll init)
(211) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(215) Yazut: Initiative: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
(215) Yazut: ((The curse is lifted!))
(213) DM: (lol)
(214) Donovan: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
(211) Thom: (( I wonder if ticattack is still connected, or if we lost him again... ))
(213) DM: (hm)
(213) DM: (well wait for DJ and Matt then)
(249) ticattack: ((Sorry, still here))
(249) ticattack: ((Just trying to find my sheet... won't be a moment))
(5) Samantha (enter): 20:49
(5) Samantha (exit): 20:49
** (215) Yazut belatedly waves x2 **
(249) ticattack: ((Init: [Bad dice format] - [[1d20+1]]))
(249) ticattack: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
(213) DM: (someone roll for Sevis pls, I'll send the node)
(263) NoTimeGuy (enter): 20:52
(211) Thom: (( send it ))
(213) TaliesinNYC: sent
(211) Thom:

INIT:
INIT: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)

(211) Thom: INIT: [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25)
(213) DM: (so to recap, you're in 30, and so is the creature. no need for minis. all are in the room)
(211) Thom: (( sorry... too many clicks. ))
(213) DM: (Thm, 23)
(213) DM: (when DJ gets back, he can tell me his action. I'm skipping him for now.)
(213) DM: Ringrist blazes with an intense azure radiance.
(211) Thom: "Be with me Ringrist, this evil must die." Thom mutters as he takes a quick step to swing a couple times at the creature.
(211) Thom: Ringrist full attack:
1st attack: [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
2nd attack: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)

(213) DM: The creature howls in pain as the blazing sword plunges into its flesh with ease. Great fissures open up hissing and spurting as its ichor comes into contact with the surrounding air.
(213) DM: (Atr, 20)
(218) Dj Gilcrease: (( back ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, init is 14, Zane rolled for you
** (214) Donovan raises his bow and fires quickly on the fiend. "No whole trees; hope these small bits will do." **
** (214) Atross raises his bow and fires quickly on the fiend. "No whole trees; hope these small bits will do." **
(214) Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1+1] -> [19,9,5,2,1,1] = (37)
(214) Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1+1] -> [15,9,5,2,1,1] = (33)
(214) Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 2: [1d20+4+5+2+1+1] -> [4,4,5,2,1,1] = (17)
(214) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1+1] -> [4,3,2,1,1] = (11) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(213) DM: (one hit)
(214) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1+1] -> [1,3,2,1,1] = (8) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(213) DM: A flaming bolt imbeds itself in its left flank but does not seem to have inflicted as much as Ringrist's attack. A dull red glow permeates the creature on impact.
(213) DM: (Yaz, 20)
whispering to NoTimeGuy, interested in joining?
** (215) Yazut stands back from the fray, watching, feeling it unnecessary for him to act at the moment. **
(213) DM: (Sev, 14)
** (218) Sevis Goloens unleases a rapid series of attacks against th creature **
(218) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+18-2] -> [12,18,-2] = (28) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [3,2,3] = (8)
(218) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+18-2] -> [10,18,-2] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,5,3] = (13)
(218) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+13-2] -> [12,13,-2] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,3,3] = (12)
(218) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+10-2] -> [5,10,-2] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [4,1,3] = (8)
(271) Elona (enter): 21:03
(213) DM: (3 hits)
(213) DM: It seems a bit impervious to Sevis' blows. He does manage to injure it, but not as much as you might think.
(213) DM: It rushes forward (AOO by all), ignoring you and concentrates its fury on Thom.
(211) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+14] -> [6,14] = (20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(273) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:06
(273) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 21:07
(273) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:07
(249) Jarvis: ((Jarvis is unarmed. He relies on going bear :). No AoO))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (273) Dj Gilcrease...
(213) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(218) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(218) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 21:07
(273) Sevis Goloens: (( bah ))
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, not magic or lawful btw
(213) DM: (20 is a miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [3,15] = (18)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [15,15] = (30)
(213) DM: It slashes twice, once in a jagged upward arc (AC 18), spins around and then completes its attack in a vicious arc (AC 30).
(211) Thom: (( last hits ))
(276) Git (enter): 21:10
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (276) Git...
(215) Yazut: ((Bout time!))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+6] -> [1,4,6] = (11)
(213) DM: (11 damage)
(276) Git: (Gomen... only occured to me just now.. wednesday.)
(213) DM: (Morti, roll init)
(276) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(213) DM: (someone recap him pls)
(213) DM: (Jar, 12)
** (249) Jarvis takes a few steps back, to be clear of the fiend (5 foot step, if necessary to avoid an AoO) and holds his arms outstretched, then begins chanting and swinging his arms about. As he does, his body begins to crackle with electricity, currents shuddering through his body. ((Casting Call Lightning, casting time of 1 round)) **
(213) DM: (k. 6, Mor)
(276) Morti: (knowledge arcana check to determine what manner of creature it is? devil demon? other?)
(276) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [11,17] = (28)
whispering to Morti, demon
** (276) Morti reels back, and digs into his puch and pulls a dart. Speaking quick incantations and waving it about for a moment he plants his feet and throws the dart. Though the dart never leaves his hand a bold of acidic green flies at the demon. (melf's acid arrow) **
(276) Morti: ranged dtouch: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+17] -> [3,17] = (20)
whispering to Morti, roll to beat SR
(276) Morti: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
(213) DM: (12 is a hit)
(276) Morti: [2d4] -> [3,2] = (5)
(276) Morti: (Feel my puny wrath!)
(213) DM: It doesn't seem to have affected the creature even though the bolt strikes it squarely in its face.
(213) DM: (Thm, 23)
(286) No Name (enter): 21:26
** (211) Thom grunts in the face of the creature's attack, but he simply steps to the side to put the creature between himself and Sevis, and he makes another couple attacks. **
(211) Thom: Ringrist Flanking Full attack: [1d20+14] -> [1,14] = (15) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(211) Thom: (( one sec... ))
(288) Elara (enter): 21:28
(286) No Name (exit): 21:29
(211) Thom: Ringrist Flanking Full attack:
1st attack: [1d20+16] -> [9,16] = (25) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
2nd attack: [1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)

(211) Thom: (( there we go... sorry about that. ))
(211) Thom: (( how many hit? ))
(213) DM: (one hit)
** (211) Thom does an additional [4d6] -> [4,5,4,5] = (18) sneak attack damage. **
(213) DM: Another jab at the creature, and a chunk of its innards comes away quickly, almost as if you were slicing a cake. It gurgles in rage.
(213) DM: (Atr, 20)
** (214) Atross skirts around the creature so they have it encircled and nocks a pair of arrows to fire once he's in position. **
(214) Atross: Greatbow /w Manyshot Attack Roll: [1d20+9+5+2+1-4+1] -> [5,9,5,2,1,-4,1] = (19)
(213) DM: It dodges with ease, an ease that belies its size.
(213) DM: (Yaz, 20)
** (215) Yazut reaches a hand into oen of his robe's many inner pockets, and withdraws a gem, leveling it at the devilish creature, and with a single spoken word, brings the light of day to this dismal place, sending a beam of blindly intense light to its face (fort 14). **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [13,14] = (27)
(292) Thalias (enter): 21:39
(213) DM: (Sev, 14)
(273) Sevis Goloens: /me leaps and attempts to kick the bolt launched by Morti deeper into the creatures face. as he lands he seems to continue downwards with his body turning the falling momentum into a spin which turns into two powerfull kicks. When he comes out of the spin he launched another blow with his left fist attempting to hit one of the areas that Thom has carved away
** (273) Sevis Goloens leaps and attempts to kick the bolt launched by Morti deeper into the creatures face. as he lands he seems to continue downwards with his body turning the falling momentum into a spin which turns into two powerfull kicks. When he comes out of the spin he launched another blow with his left fist attempting to hit one of the areas that Thom has carved away **
(273) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+20-2] -> [11,20,-2] = (29) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [4,3,3] = (10)
(273) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+20-2] -> [15,20,-2] = (33) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,5,3] = (13)
(273) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+16-2] -> [16,16,-2] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [1,4,3] = (8)
(273) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+12-2] -> [14,12,-2] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,1,3] = (9)
(213) DM: The fiend grins, its toothy maw filled with acidic slime as it shakes off the effects of the light beam with glee.
(213) DM: (4 hits)
(213) DM: It doesn't seem to have noticed your companion's blows as hard as they strike.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [20,15] = (35),[1d20+15] -> [16,15] = (31)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [9,15] = (24)
(288) Elara (exit): 21:43
(296) Me (enter): 21:45
(213) DM: The fiend hisses in laughter, as it jabs its barbed blade forward, slicing Thom in his ribs (AC 35, threat, not a crit), then slams it forward before yanking the blade back in a sawing motion (AC 31).
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+6] -> [4,2,6] = (12),[2d6+6] -> [6,2,6] = (14)
(211) Thom: (( both drill Thom... ))
(213) DM: (26 damage)
(213) DM: (Atr, 20)
** (214) Atross redoubles his onslaught in the face of the fiend's vicious swordplay. **
(214) Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1+1] -> [13,9,5,2,1,1] = (31)
(214) Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1+1] -> [3,9,5,2,1,1] = (21)
(214) Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 2: [1d20+4+5+2+1+1] -> [12,4,5,2,1,1] = (25)
(276) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [10,17] = (27)
(213) DM: (second)
(276) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [14,17] = (31)
(213) DM: (damage on second roll)
(214) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1+1] -> [2,3,2,1,1] = (9) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
(213) DM: For your part, although the bolt embeds itself in its upper thigh, it doesn't seem to have caused the fiend much pain...if that.
(213) DM: (I skipped a bunch of people. Jar, 12)
(213) DM: ((Matt seems to be lagging. Morti, go.))
** (276) Morti dips his finger in a bit of butter in his pocket, and raises the finger out toward the demon. With slurred sloppy words he gesticulates strangely, before a oily sheen coats oover the fiends weapon (grease on the sword. ref DC 15) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
(213) DM: It spits out a curse suddenly, as a glob of golden goo suddenly appears on the sword, causing it to lose its grasp on the blade. The barbed sword drops to the ground with a dull clang.
(213) DM: (Thm, 23)
(276) Morti: :with a grin: "Now now.. dangerous toys might be fun, but someone might get hurt."
** (211) Thom steps back and takes a careful breath after the creature's last attack tried to slice him in half. He grits his teeth as he prepares to strike back and smiles as suddenly the creature loses his weapon. "Let's finish this now." **
(211) Thom: Ringrist Flanking Full attack:
1st attack: [1d20+16] -> [2,16] = (18) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
2nd attack: [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [6,5] = (11)

(211) Thom: (( assuming only one hit again, right? ))
(213) DM: Another jab of the blazing sword, another chunk of boiling flesh drops on the floor.
(213) Nyxostranos: (Yaz, 20)
** (211) Thom does an additional [4d6] -> [6,4,5,2] = (17) sneak attack damage. **
(213) DM: (skipping Atr since I inadvertently gave him the go last round)
(276) Morti: (oh forgot, on my turn... the acid finishes its burn) [2d4] -> [4,3] = (7)
(213) DM: (noted)
(215) Yazut: (delay, on phone again. nothing Yaz can do anyway))
(213) DM: (Sev, 14)
** (273) Sevis Goloens attempts to grab the creatures weapon away (Disarm attempt for first roll) then does a back flip ficking out twice before he compleats the rotation **
(273) Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [8,18] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,2,3] = (10)
(273) Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [3,3,3] = (9)
(273) Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,3,3] = (11)
(276) Morti: 0.o
(213) DM: (might want to redo your action since it dropped the sword)
(273) Sevis Goloens: (( doh thats what I get for not reading while typing =P ))
(213) DM: As Sevis strikes it with a flurry of blows, the fiend mutters, "There will be another reckoning, mortal fools!" It begins to shimmer and fade away...
(213) DM: (AOO)
(273) Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [16,18] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,3,3] = (11)
(211) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+14] -> [10,14] = (24) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
** Nyxostranos drops the satchel that it had been carrying prior to entering combat. **
(213) DM: (yes, hit)
(211) Thom: (( should have +2 for flanking still... so a 26. and if that hits... ))
** (211) Thom does an additional [4d6] -> [6,4,4,4] = (18) sneak attack damage. **
(213) DM: Boiling, bubbling, spitting and hissing ichor splatters all over the ground. The fiend continues fading away even though it seems to be near death.
** (276) Morti wishes he had time for a parting magic missile **
(213) DM: (any others?)
(249) Jarvis: ((Nope. No AoO's here))
(211) Thom: "Until next time. We hear that a lot."
(214) Atross: "I guess it had a way to escape still after all."
(213) DM: There is an explosion of sulfur and with a loud BAMF, the fiend is gone.
(273) Sevis Goloens: "What was that?!"
** (211) Thom remains standing until the fiend totally disappears, then once gone, he bends slightly, clutching his ribs. "Damn, that did hurt." **
(276) Morti: :asks rather childishly: "Why can't more demon's be like J? He killed an evil wizard for us and brought us dinner. I wonder what evern happened to him." :ponders in the aftermath.:
** (249) Jarvis hurls a useless bolt of lightning at the spot where the fiend was a moment ago. "Damnit!" He glances at Thom and hurries over, laying his gloved hand on the man's wounds (healing 1 hp/round). **
(211) Thom: "Thanks Jarvis. Don't know how many more of those hits I could have taken. Apparently, wielding Ringrist means I need some better protection."
** (276) Morti looks to make sure his allies will live, before giving in to curiousity and approaching the demon's sack. He opens the satchel cautiously, wondering what a dark outsider carries around. **
** (214) Atross scans for other movement in the room while he moves closer to examine the dropped bag. **
** (249) ticattack focuses on the fiend, channeling the electricty in his arms, then slams his hands together. A stroke of lightning slams down from the sky, slamming into the fiend and bathing the area with a flash of brilliant light. **
(276) Morti: (demon leave his sword behind too?)
** (211) Thom nods to Jarvis, and stands up. He keeps Ringrist out, just in case. **
(276) Morti: (we lose stan?)
** (273) Sevis Goloens walks around the room after checking that everyone is alive and well **
(213) DM: (here)
** (211) Thom walks around a bit as well, checking out the room. Not finding anything other than the large mural, he heads to the next door. **
(213) DM: The sack seems to be filled to the brim with several ovoid black spheres, covered in some sort of leathery casing.
(213) DM: (yes the sword remains)
(276) Morti: "Hmmm...?" :picks out one of the spheres, inspecting it thoughtfully: (arcana/spellcraft check to determine any arcane meaning to them)
(276) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [13,17] = (30)
(276) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [17,17] = (34)
(213) DM: Ringrist maintains its radiance. It seems to not have dimmed one whit.
** (211) Thom very carefully checks over the next door, knowing evil is nearby. **
(213) DM: (which next door?)
** (214) Atross puts one and one together and asks the obvious question, "Are those drake's eggs?" **
** (276) Morti suddenly goes wide-eyed, and mouthed, as his mask stretches out in ghostly expression. "No way!!!" **
(211) Thom: (( out of 30, to the pathway that leads to 31. ))
(276) Morti: :gulps and nods to Atross: "Onyx drake eggs..."
(271) Elona (exit): 22:21
(213) DM: It seems to be firmly shut, almost as if its jammed shut.
 (211) Thom: "Strange." Thom then catches the discussion and moves back to the others. "Drake eggs, a young drake above, a demon below. Very strange place."
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (307) TaliesinNYC...
(307) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(213) TaliesinNYC' from room...
(213) TaliesinNYC (exit): 22:24
(276) Morti: :glances to Yazut and shrugs: "The young one we fought shouldn't be the parent. It may even be too afraid to come back. It won't be able to watch the hatchlings. I wonder what happend to the mother."
(307) DM: (gotta love Veav 1 sometimes)
(211) Thom: "My guess would be demon somehow milled the mother, and stole the eggs."
(211) Thom: (( *killed ))
(276) Morti: :frowns at the thought of the orphaned drakes, and puts the egg back in with it's siblings.: "Is it alright to keep them with us? At least until we know what to do with them?"
** (273) Sevis Goloens pokes the sword with his foot "This safe to pickup?" **
(211) Thom: "It wouldn't do to keep them down here alone, now would it?"
** (215) Yazut reaches into the satchel and hefts one of the eggs, wondering if the little wyrmling-to-be is alive. **
(15) Beizer (enter): 22:29
(276) Morti: :shrugs to Sevis: "The demon didn't seem to mind it."
(15) Beizer (exit): 22:29
(211) Thom: "Anyway, that demon would probably return for them at some point - if we take them for now, we can keep them safe."
(249) Jarvis: "The demon would not have been affected if it was tainted by evil. Sevis would."
** (273) Sevis Goloens nods to Jarvis **
(276) Morti: "Oh."
** (211) Thom looks over at the blade in front of Sevis. "I have an idea." **
** (211) Thom goes over to the blade the demon dropped and slides the tip of Ringrist under the blade, then pushes forward so that Ringrist is in contact with the demon's blade, and standing it on edge. **
** (276) Morti reaches out toward the sword, focusing his energies in appraisal (detect magic) **
(211) Thom: (( Is Ringrist still quasi-blinding bright? ))
(307) DM: ((Yes))
(307) DM: The barbed blade shatters.
(276) Morti: "Hmm... " :scratches his head: "Guess it don't really matter now."
(211) Thom: "I'd say it was evil."
** (211) Thom raises Ringrist back up and turns back to the door they entered. "We ready to continue?" **
(214) Atross: "Looks like it was. If that door isn't opening, we can get back to where someone doesn't want us to enter. Usually a good indicator."
(276) Morti: "Why? what's wrong with that door?"
** (273) Sevis Goloens nods that he is ready **
(211) Thom: "That other door we saw when we came down had a rune on it - not a good sign. The other door in the back there is closed tight right now. Although we might be able to force it open."
(276) Morti: "Well, I'm not going in that rune room. Something's trapped in there and I don't really wanna find out what. I'm all for breaking down doors though."
(214) Atross: "Hmm, if nothing can get out of that room, then we could ignore it for the moment."
(211) Thom: "Understandable. Then let's try to get that door open."
(249) Jarvis: "It might be an idea to leave that room until we are all rested."
** (211) Thom points to the door in the back of the room to make sure everyone knows which he means. **
(273) Sevis Goloens: "Let me know if you want help trying to bust it down"
** (273) Sevis Goloens continues wandering the room **
(211) Thom: "Good idea Jarvis, maybe we should rest before progressing. I'd rather rest some in case that demon is waiting for us somewhere.
** (276) Morti sits for the moment, while the others decide their actions. As he does, he stares up that the mural pensively. **
(312) Sieg (enter): 22:44
(312) Sieg (exit): 22:45
(211) Thom: "So, shall we rest then?"
(296) Me (exit): 22:46
(214) Atross: "I think we could use it after that demon."
(211) Thom: "Sounds good to me. Who can take watch?"
(276) Morti: Knowledge: History Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(214) Atross: "I can keep an eye out; I still have some arrows left."
(276) Morti: "I could really use some rest. My magic is really waning."
(211) Thom: "Good. I'll keep Ringrist out to provide you some light. There seems to be enough evil here to let Ringrist burn for an elf's memory."
(249) Jarvis: "Some of us need to replenish our magic. I feel that the watching should be divided among those who don't, though I can take some portion of it if necessary."
(211) Thom: 'Sevis, how are you doing?"
(273) Sevis Goloens: "Fine, I can watch for a few hours"
(211) Thom: "Great, if you and Atross can split it, that would be great. Now, I'm going to get some rest as well."
** (273) Sevis Goloens nods and moves to the shadows of the room to watch over his friends **
** (276) Morti lets moiraine up from her hiding place in his dimensionally altered pocket, and gets out some flat bread, dried fruit and jerky for a little meal before sleep. **
** (211) Thom settles down, but leaves Ringrist out, laying it arcoss his chest as he sleeps. **
** (215) Yazut rests the egg gently into the satchel with its siblings, and wanders off to a corner to think for a moment, pulling a half dozen large fur pelts from his satchel, and dumping them into the floor before dropping his bum down on them. **
** (276) Morti uses the irreplacable magical dagger Ilendus... **
** (214) Atross walks around the room looking for any surviving arrows from the last fight before turning in for some rest. "Wake me whenever, I suppose." **
(276) Morti: to butter his bread.
(211) Thom: (( lol ))
** (249) Jarvis lies down to rest, but shivers slightly in the cold. He focuses, and thick, white fleece sprouts from his skin, horns erupt from his forehead, and his hands and feet turn to hooves. The ram settles in to rest, much warmer now. **
(273) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK smoke break ))
(276) Morti: :As he eats, he pulls the blanket from his pack and wraps it over the satchel, to keep the eggs warm. Once he's full he lays his head on the pile and nods off.
(319) Logan(Ken) (enter): 22:57
(319) Logan(Ken) (exit): 22:58
(307) DM: (going to FF a bit)
(211) Thom: (( please do - that hopef8ully means nothing goes *bumb* in the 'night'... :) ))
(211) Thom: (( *hopefully... *bump... *goes and gets a dictionary... ))
(307) DM: No...nothing SEEMS to bother you during the time you rest, though the air in the chamber gets progressively more and more moist.
** (276) Morti awakes his big yawn. Feeling sticky and uncomfortable int his climate, his mask sags misearbly on his head. Groaning in annoyance, he rubs the sleep from his eyes and get to work on his waking minstrations. First he checks on the eggs. Then he gets out his speelbook and begins preparing for the day ahead. **
(276) Morti: (afk for a bite to eat)
** (273) Sevis Goloens sits in silent meditation while the others preform thier daily rituals **
** (249) Jarvis rubs some moisture of his (now human) forehead, and glances down at Morti's book. "Might want to watch that that doesn't get damaged..." **
** (211) Thom wakes after resting for a number of hours. He rises slowly, testing how tender his chest is from the demon's attacks. He makes his way to his feat and sets about wiping Ringrist down, as it has been unsheathed for quite a while now. **
** (214) Atross stands up from his watch at a corner of the room and streches as he sees everyone wakening. **
** (249) Jarvis closes his eyes and enters a sort of trance, muttering in some strange tongue under his breath. **
** (211) Thom takes a meditative stance much like Morti had taught him. **
(211) Thom: (( brb - smoke. ))
(323) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 23:07
(273) Sevis Goloens: Disconnecting from server...
(273) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 23:07
(249) Jarvis: ((Well, while veryone else is off, I'll go put the kettle on for lunch.))
(215) Yazut has sent you a tree node...
(307) DM: The sword seems to not have lost its radiance.
** (215) Yazut remains propped against the wall in the corner, shuffling a heap of yellowing patchment sheets while sucking a scooping of his foul smelling pasty rations off a finger. **
** (211) Thom meditates for a short while before rising again. "Well, that demon is either close by still, or it has been here so long that it's strong presence remains. Either way, this is not a place we probably want to remain for too long." **
(276) Morti: :while he chews at a bit of dry bread as he studies, glances aside to Yazut's scnack: "Whazzat?"
(276) Morti: :aside quick to thom: "Ringrist might just be reacting to what's in the rune."
** (215) Yazut points down at a small wooden box containing the paste, "Fuu'grot, you tries, mm?" **
(214) Atross: OR even to what's in the eggs."
** (276) Morti scoots over a bit and scoops up some of the paste, forking under his mask into his mouth. **
** (215) Yazut glances up at him, concerned that he'd so eagerly take it, his brow slowly raising as he awaits Morti's reaction. **
** (323) Dj Gilcrease gives the paste a trie as well "What is it?" **
(211) Thom: "Hmm, could be. Too bad we can't tell for sure." He pulls out some dry rations from his pack and munches on them.
(323) Sevis Goloens: "So we are trying to open the stuck door?"
** (215) Yazut shrugs and scoops into the box with a finger again, "It be goat." **
** (276) Morti rolls the nasty concoction around in his mouth a while, with no decipherable reaction on his cloth mask. Finally swallowing he sits for a moment, still and silent. Eventually he looks up to Yazut and offers, "It's not bad." **
(211) Thom: "Yeah, that would be the best direction apparently."
** (323) Sevis Goloens spits on the floor away from the group trying to remove the after taste of the paste "That is not goat, or it is long past when it should be eaten" **
(276) Morti: :he dips his bread in to scoop some up like dip.
** (323) Sevis Goloens goes over to the door and give it some experimental tugs and kicks to see how sturdy it is **
** (215) Yazut nods twice qwuickly to Morti, "Ayup, be good. Yazut makes himself," and then to Sevis, "It does be goat. It just be best parts of goat. Best parts for best taste." **
(249) Jarvis: ((AFK a few))
(276) Morti: :nods as he eats more of the questionable glop.:
** (211) Thom moves over to Sevis and the door. "Can you get it?" **
** (215) Yazut quietly continues sifting through his parchments for what he's after. **
(330) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 23:24
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (330) Dj Gilcrease...
(330) Sevis Goloens: (( this server does not like me =P ))
** (214) Atross turns down the fuu'grot as usual, "Not that hungry." **
(307) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(323) Dj Gilcrease' from room...
(323) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 23:24
** (211) Thom moves over to Sevis and the door. "Can you get it?" **
** (215) Yazut seperates one parchment from the bunch, and goes about rolling the others up, asking Morti, "You decides yet what you does with little lizards?" **
(276) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(307) DM: It seems to be warped and jammed shut.
** (330) Sevis Goloens gives the door one last experimental kick then steps back and concentrates on the door before leaping into a flying kick to the center of the door **
(307) DM: The door falls open.
(276) Morti: :While chewing another mouthful of the grossness, Morti gives a bit of a nauseated lurch. Surprisingly he chews it back and manages to swallow. Looking a bit wearied all of a sudden, he muses, "Guess I should get use to knew things slower."
(330) Sevis Goloens: "Yup I can get it" ^em**Smiles**
(307) DM: Within is a mostly collapsed passageway that's knee deep in mud and mire.
(211) Thom: "Very nice."
(307) DM: An iron door can be seen in one wall. It seems to be rusted to a high degree.
(276) Morti: "Eh?" :looks to the newly opened door and gives Sevis a slight applause.
(211) Thom: "Hmm, should have expected more mud, since it is even in the floor above this one."
** (330) Sevis Goloens walks the length of the passage while Thom look over the new door **
(214) Atross: "Well done all the same."
** (211) Thom makes his way though the mud, following Sevis to the next door. **
** (211) Thom tries to check over the door for any nasty surprises. **
** (215) Yazut shrugs and begins bundling up the rest of his things, and tucking that one parchment scroll into an easily accessible, larger robe pocket before heading after the others, "Mmh." **
(307) DM: It seems to be rusted shut. There is a chill here.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [10,13] = (23)
(211) Thom: (( do they open in or out? ))
(307) DM: (in)
** (276) Morti gets up, collects his belongings and moves into the new hall after the others. Rather than step in the mud though, he activates his levitating boots and hovers over it, while grabbing onto Atross' shoulder to be pulled along. **
(211) Thom: (( Ringrist still lighting up the entire zip code? ))
(307) DM: ((yes))
** (214) Atross shrugs and hauls Morti along over the mud as he follows Thom down the hall, "Handy shoes, huh." **
(276) Morti: :nods: "Yeah.. I really like em."
** (211) Thom takes a step back away from the door, almost falling backwards in the mud. "Wow." **
(211) Thom: "Uh, are we sure that we want to keep going this way?"
** (330) Sevis Goloens turns to Thom "Wow what? Wow is a bad word when we are in places like this" **
(211) Thom: "There are about 12 beings in there, and the amount of anger and hate they are projecting would be like having a Highkeep full of Daelans."
(215) Yazut: "Uhm, that be interesting to see."
(214) Atross: "Wow..."
(276) Morti: "So... we knock first then?"
(330) Sevis Goloens: "Dragon Hatchery maybe?"
(211) Thom: "Well, since I can't tell if it is even locked or not - we might have to try to break it down. Although I am sure that these doors would be sturdier than the last ones."
(211) Thom: "I can't tell. I only get surface thoughts, no information about the creatures."
(185) Ra'arrne (enter): 23:46
(185) Ra'arrne (exit): 23:46
(330) Sevis Goloens: "An interesting ability none the less" **Sevis moves over to the iron door and does an experimental kick to test their sturdiness**
** (214) Atross stands out of the way with his bow ready for when Sevis gets the door open. **
** (211) Thom raises Ringirst and concentrates past the door again as Sevis kicks it. **
(276) Morti: "Wow... Sevis, you can really break down an iron door?"
(214) Atross: "It's a rusty iron door, otherwise we wouldn't have to break it down."
(330) Sevis Goloens: "I can try"
(215) Yazut: A mighty oak is just a nut that held it's ground...
(215) Yazut (exit): 23:51
(338) Yazut (enter): 23:52
** (330) Sevis Goloens steps back and kicks the door as hard as he can, hoping to his a week point **
(307) DM: It gives way slightly.
(307) DM: Air escapes from the chamber within. You can definitely feel a drop in temperature.
** (330) Sevis Goloens shivers "Cold in there" **
(307) DM: A supernaturally cold wind slices through you....
(249) Jarvis: "Well, that bodes well..."
(276) Morti: :shiveres: "I'm thinkng undead..."
** (330) Sevis Goloens steps back again getting ready to kick the door off it's hinges this time **
(211) Thom: "Well, whatever they are, they know we are coming.
** (330) Sevis Goloens concentrates on the door ignoring the wind and leaps up kicking the door again in the same spot **
** (214) Atross holds his flaming bow against the wind though it provides him no warmth. **
** (276) Morti readies for whatever may be in the next room **
** (338) Yazut remains outside the room beyond the doorway, watching Sevis and cringing each time he strikes the door, imagining using such force against a big slab of iron must hurt like the dickens. **
(307) DM: After managing to get the door open, you gaze upon twelve skeletons manacled and shackled to the walls. A dozen vaguely humanoid shapes, each with a pair of glowing green eyes, take form and advance, their spectral mouths open in a tortured howl.
(307) DM: (and on this note, we'll stop since the combat will go for longer than 30 minutes)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms