Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: Igorweild, Ronaldsaime


Back to Damrosil Logs


Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
** (236) Thom continues to check on the next door in line ((20)), and finding nothing on it, pauses a moment before opening the door. **
(238) DM: (ok. I have to switch the clothes to the dryer. RP for a bit and I'll be back in 15.)
(238) DM: The room beyond appears to be an arsenal of some sort. Numerous stands and racks hold weapons, shields and outfits of armor. All the equipment appears to be useless....metal has rusted, wood has warped and the leather has rotted. There seems to be enough gear in this armory to equip a small army.
** (241) Sevis Goloens follows trots up behind Thom after a while of searching though the scrolls "There are some interesting scrolls there, Invaluable to those who study history. Too bad we cannot take them all back and sell them" **smiles **
** (236) Thom opens the door and reveals the description above. **
(236) Thom: "On our way out, we'll see what we can save from being buried in this swamp."
** (241) Sevis Goloens walks in and looks though the equipment for any signets or other identifying mark that is still intact **
(257) ticattack (enter): 22:10
(236) Thom: "If those undead are examples of the others creatures we will find down here, I am suddenly less worried about the number."
** (241) Sevis Goloens nods **
** (236) Thom joins Sevis in the search, just to make sure there is nothing useful hidden amongst the debris. **
(241) Sevis Goloens: "I think we could take out a huge army of those without breaking too much of a sweat"
(236) Thom: "Yes, those guys were almost too easy. Doesn't seem right that they would cause so many other parties so much trouble."
** (239) Donovan takes stock of the situation. Pointing off to the right, "That's the end of the hall there. The room on the right is clear, some scrolls you said. The room on the left is now clear, the ghouls are destroyed. So we don't have to worry about anything coming from behind us now." With that settled he joins the others in the first room down the hall to the left. **
** (236) Thom smirks at Donovan, "Yes, that was why I started on that direction, as opposed to the other direction." **
(252) Morti: "Hai."
(239) Atross: "It didn't seem to be ghouls that gave that other group a problem. The ghouls were ravenous and I can't imagine they'd have left remains behind."
(236) Thom: "I think we are clear here ((assuming Stan doesn't come back to say that we actually do find something)), let's see just what else is awaiting us." Thom heads out of the room and continues down the hall, pulling out a small mirror to peek around the corner before continuing to the next room ((21)).
(239) Atross: "What they met was big and strong, not numerous and starving. Most likely they got attacked by the Onyx Drake we drove off."
(236) Thom: "Yes, even if any other groups found those stairs, since the ghouls were behind a locked door, the other groups must have either known where to go to find their target, or just didn't care enough to explore."
** (241) Sevis Goloens finishes searching and follows Thom to the next door **
(238) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(253) ticattack' from room...
(253) ticattack (exit): 22:19
(238) DM: (its locked)
** (236) Thom seems to stare at the door for a few moments. **
** (239) Atross follows Thom continuing the conversation. **
(236) Thom: "Yes, but I believe Daelan said something about more than one prior group."
(241) Sevis Goloens: "Well no identifying marks on the armor. I was hoping to take something back with us that would help confirm who this place once belonged to. The scrolls are fairly detailed but a pice of Armor with the right marks would help confirm it"
(239) Atross: "They may have been herded into that room then locked in, instead. Isn't it strange for so many to be in one place?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [14,13] = (27)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [1,20] = (21)
(241) Sevis Goloens: "I am no expert on the Undead. I didnt think they had the brains to flee even when they stood no chance and obviously I was wrong about that"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [19,20] = (39)
(236) Thom: "It was not something I would have expected either. But, many things have happened that I would not expect. By the way, we got one more in here." he mutters as he pulls out his lock picks and goes to work on the lock.
(239) Atross: "I think their presence is probably caused by the unholy use of the Singing Statue. As for the reason they were locked in that room I'm only guessing."
** (236) Thom seems to slip when he first inserts the pick, but he catches his footing and quickly unlocks the door. **
** (239) Atross trains his bow on the door, at Thom's warning. "Ready here." **
** (236) Thom glances at the others to make sure they are ready as he stands, tightening his own grip on Ringrist. **
** (241) Sevis Goloens nods his acceptance and slips into a combat stance **
** (252) Morti takes his best defensive stance, preparing a list of available spells. **
** (236) Thom pushes the door open and steps inside, moving to the side to allow others in as well. **
(238) DM: Pulling the door open releaes a small avalanche of rancid mud that goes up as high as your knees.
(238) DM: (Pushing*)
 (258) DM: As you get your bearings, you realize that this must be right in the path of the northwestern fault line. The swamp no doubt rushed in and ruined it. Still, there does seem to be a chest thrown up against the room's northeast corner.
** (236) Thom glances around the room, trying to locate the mind he detected before entering the room. **
** (241) Sevis Goloens waits to follow Thoms lead **
(236) Thom: (( sorry, missed the whisper for a moment... ))
** (236) Thom points to the rear or the room, where the being is. But not having anyway to get to it through he mud he waves to Atross. **
** (239) Atross follows Thom's direction and trains an arrow at the being. He quietly asks, "Who's it?" **
(241) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke before the fight starts :) ))
** (236) Thom shrugs, but holds Atross back for a moment. "Keep it ready." he says softly, and he closes his eyes, concentrating on the being. **
(236) Thom: "Something else that is hungry. Now, it seems to be staying put, so we can leave it here - or we can stop it now. After all, are we doing it any favor letting it die of hunger down here?"
(239) Atross: "Definitely not, do you know what it is? Might be able to get it to help for food."
(241) Sevis Goloens: (( back ))
(236) Thom: "Can't tell. Do you go around thinking, 'I am human. As human, I need to eat and sleep regularly.'?"
(241) Sevis Goloens: "May as well leave it for now and check out the rest of the place first"
(239) Atross: "Um, no. Just wondered if you recognized it."
(236) Thom: "Very well. We wait. Just hope we don't need whatever is in that chest."
** (236) Thom reaches out and closes the door, relocking it with his tools. **
(241) Sevis Goloens: "On to the next door"
** (236) Thom nods to Sevis and heads down to the next door (22), checking it over as well. **
** (239) Atross follows to the next door, on the left, keeping an eye behind just in case. **
(258) DM: All seems to be quiet....so far.
** (236) Thom pulls out his tools to unlock the door. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [2,20] = (22)
** (236) Thom slips with some mud still on his boots, breaking his pick off in the lock. **
(236) Thom: "Damn! Well, it was likely that it was filled with mud too."
(239) Atross: "That mud is getting really intrusive."
(236) Thom: "Yeah, maybe we should just move on." Thom stands and heads down just a little ways to the corner, to make sure nothing is waiting for them.
** (241) Sevis Goloens shrugs and follows Thom **
(236) Thom: (( making sure area 24 is clear. ))
(258) DM: The corridor leading north expands to a 20' width, then opens into an even wider alcove extending to the east. A sloping wall of rubble fills the eastern end of this area. On the wall to the west is a set of carved stone double doors that at one time were quite attractive, and to the north is a pair of wooden double doors that are wide open and hanging loosely on their hinges.
** (236) Thom moves towards the open doors (to 27), keeping against the wall until he gets there. He then pulls out his mirror and uses it to get a look of the room. **
** (241) Sevis Goloens goes to the stone doors and listens for anything on the other side **
** (239) Atross watches over the room from mouth of the hallway. **
(258) DM: The interior of this chamber appears to be a mage's laboratory.
(236) Thom: (( no creatures visible, right? ))
(258) DM: ((correct))
** (236) Thom puts his mirror away. "Looks like a lab. Another place we can check out more once we are on our way out." **
** (236) Thom glaces at the three closed doors he can see from this point, and heads to the closest ones (to 25). **
** (241) Sevis Goloens nods "I cannot hear anything though this stone" **
(258) DM: ((need to get the clothes from the dryer))
** (236) Thom gets a strange look as he looks over the door to 25. "Strange.." he mutters. **
(239) Atross: "Whatever is on the other side can't hear us very well either then. That's close to the fissure again, too."
(236) Thom: "This door has had it's hinges oiled. I haven't noticed any other doors so far being that way. But that would indicate that someone has been doing upkeep on this place."
(241) Sevis Goloens: "The master of the undead would be my guess"
(236) Thom: "I guess, we just haven't seen any other evidence of habitation, discounting the drake."
(239) Atross: "They might not be; could just avoid most of the other doors and only use this room mainly."
(236) Thom: "Could be." he mutters as he checks the door over for any nasty surprises.
(241) Sevis Goloens: "You dont want to see whats behind the nicely carved doors?
(236) Thom: "Well, based on how well this is oiled, this is the way we need to go. And you know, I'd rather get out of the mud sooner than later."
** (241) Sevis Goloens shrugs **
(258) TaliesinNYC: back
** (236) Thom looks at the others. "Seems clear." he stands and opens the door to expose... **
(258) DM: The only thing present here is a set of descending stairs. The odd noises and putrid smells that have been your companions thus far seem to also promise their presence if you descend the stairs.
(236) Thom: "Shall we?" he asks before stepping into the room and slowly starting down the stairs.
** (241) Sevis Goloens nods and follows Thom **
(239) Atross: "Guess so. Doesn't look like we'll be getting out of the mud soon though."
** (239) Atross follows down the stairs. **
** (252) Morti follows behind. **
** (257) Jarvis moves down the stairs behind Morti. **
(258) DM: (ok, mapping time!!!)
(236) Thom: (( weee!!! ))
(236) Thom: (( so, who thinks that the singing statue - the likely evil cause of the undead ghouls, just might possibly be in room 29? ))
(258) DM: (lol)
(239) Atross: ((Inconceivable.)
(258) DM: At the bottom of this staircase is an alcove with doors leading west and south. The west one is slightly ajar. The south door has a rune carved upon it. Light trickles out from underneath. It seems to be closed.
(236) Thom: (( west and south, which room is it? ))
(239) Atross: ((Need to fix your compass; I think it's broken.))
(258) DM: (ignore the compass director)
(236) Thom: (( k ))
(258) TaliesinNYC: food brbn
** (239) Atross whispers cautiously, "One door's open already and the other room looks occupied." **
(236) Thom: "I don't like that rune either." Thom takes a couple steps to the western door that is cracked open.
(239) Atross: "I also don't like to leave an obviously open door behind us."
** (236) Thom pulls out his small mirror and slides it in through the crack partway in order to get a view or the room, without opening the door. **
(241) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK phone ))
(236) Thom: (( *view of the room ))
** (252) Morti steps over to the southern door for a moment, looking at the rune. **
(252) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+17] -> [8,17] = (25)
(258) DM: Although the years have not been good to the wall paintings in this room, you are still treated to a panoramic view. The walls are covered with murals showing a beautiful keep with a single tower in one corner. Armies of smartly dressed troops march in the foreground, as a quartet of robed mages and a trio of clergymen in vestments hover in the air just above the keep. Over their heads, a winged hourglass shines golden light down on the whole scene.
whispering to NPC Morti, it seems to be a warning rune
(258) TaliesinNYC: There is a door in the far corner of the chamber.
** (236) Thom takes in the view of the room, and then opens the door so the others can take in the view of the room. **
(236) Thom: "Things have definately changed," Thom mutters as he takes in the full effect of the mural.
** (239) Atross takes in the murals, commenting, "That hourglass makes me think of our own situation. Wonder what it means here." **
(241) Sevis Goloens: (( back, sorry was talking to my dad ))
(236) Thom: "No idea, but it seems like a good thing to them. Funny how it is time that is now returning this keep to the swamp."
(241) Sevis Goloens: "Wish I was that skilled in painting at times, would be nice to have a smaller version of that"
(236) Thom: (( does any one stand out in the picture as a leader, or does it appear to be a more general picture of how things were? ))
(239) Atross: "So, if this room is otherwise empty, is the door locked?"
(258) DM: ((how things were))
(236) Thom: "We'll find out." Thom answers as he heads to the door in the back corner, checking it over for traps.
(258) DM: As you enter the room...
(236) Thom: (( then again... maybe I won't check the other door out. ))
(258) DM: All at once, a vaguely gargoyle-like figure appears before you. It's over eight feet tall, and grips a gruesome looking barbed sword, coldly regarding you with hateful yellow eyes that have no pupils. Slung across its shoulder is a large pouch.
(258) DM: The intruder seems to send out palpable waves of evil, as a smell of sulfur, brimstone and burning slime envelops you.

"More of you!", it roars with an echoing bellow. "And me without any more trees!"

** (236) Thom brings Ringrist into a defensive stance quickly. **
(258) DM: (I recommend we stop here.)
(236) Thom: (( please... ))
(258) DM: (because I'm not prepared. :) )
(257) Jarvis: ((Fair enough))
(239) Atross: ((Let me guess, he's Santa.))
(258) DM: Oh yes, Ringrist blazes with light.
(241) Sevis Goloens: (( lol ))
(257) Jarvis: Heh. Stan, are there any elves about?
(258) DM: lol
(236) Thom: Evil alien Santa.
(239) Atross: ((The pouch is a dead giveaway.))
(258) DM: when did the Sat PCs become 9th level? anyone remember?
(236) Zane: well - at least we know what killed the hanging party outside, even if we have no idea how it got out there to kill them...
(257) ticattack: I think not long after I joined... Or beforehand...
(236) Zane: right after we talked wwith Etienne.
(239) Atross: Exactly
(241) Sevis Goloens: Ya right before we went back in time
(257) ticattack: I think beforehand, 'cause I realised that I should have jumped into a PrC, which I didn't, so...
(258) TaliesinNYC: and when was that?
(258) TaliesinNYC: ah
(236) Zane: After our tour of the chateau that time and space forgot, followed by the tour of the French countryside.
(258) TaliesinNYC: after this adventure, the Sat PCs will be 10th level.
(258) TaliesinNYC: if you live that long. :)
(257) ticattack: Not sure. Then again, Jarvis is listed as 8th level... what in the hells? Maybe I missed that session...
(258) TaliesinNYC: Jarvis will be 9th
(236) Zane: woo hoo! Come on Ringrist - save your wielder. You don't want to be left in this very evil keep.
(257) ticattack: Ok. So I've not stuffed up. Phew. Was worried for a moment.
(236) Zane: awww, no response to the neutral rogue holding the blade to fight evil?
(236) Zane: *the blade of light, designed to fight evil?
(258) TaliesinNYC: no comment, lol.
(258) TaliesinNYC: for this fight, you need all of the PCs
(258) TaliesinNYC: and I need to be prepared
(252) Morti: Outta here.
(252) NPC Morti (exit): 00:16
(236) Zane: Yes, that would help. So - does your Sat events begin this Sat?
(258) TaliesinNYC: I cancelled the next 3 Sat games this month
(236) Zane: Stan? Game off this weekend? If so - I am figuring that we can use it to inform everyone of what is going on and make some decisions. Or should we start a thread and spead the news that way (although I do not know how many people will check to boards to determine that they are back up again)
(258) TaliesinNYC: but it works out anyway
(258) TaliesinNYC: I think you should have a discussion on the forums
(236) Zane: ok, next three Sat's - no Stan Andurin. I guess we can check with Daelan (Matt ?) and Lunuac there to see if they want to move it to Wed, or go on hiatus.
(236) Zane: Stan - can you send out an email to everyone in the Sat group to let them know the site is back up?
(258) TaliesinNYC: if Daelan does not check the boards, then he is out
(258) TaliesinNYC: he knows my position on this matter
(236) Zane: Then why are we facing this gargoyle demon? Let's get out of there. :)
(258) TaliesinNYC: Daelan is drew
(258) TaliesinNYC: Drew
(236) Zane: Drew... that's right.
(258) TaliesinNYC: I don't think the decision should take 3 weeks
(258) TaliesinNYC: you only need to get 2 people's availability
(258) TaliesinNYC: if Drew doesn't check the boards and I will know if he does or doesn't, then he's out and that's easier
(258) TaliesinNYC: I don't want to lose him but he has a history of not checking
(257) ticattack: Well... to b fair, it was down.
(257) ticattack: Has he been told it's back up?
(236) Zane: True. We should have an answer by Sat - even if someone doesn't check the boards - we will see them at gametime Sat.
(258) TaliesinNYC: er
(258) TaliesinNYC: how many sessions have we had and he hasn't shown up?
(258) TaliesinNYC: if everyone shows up and only he doesn't, AND he doesn't even e-mail me, then something's wrong, no?
(258) TaliesinNYC: he says he can't get access to 1.7.0 and Drew and I e-mail him AND he only replies once a week
(258) TaliesinNYC: give me a break
(236) Zane: So - double checking. Everyone here is ok with losing the FR game and moving Sat to Wed, right?
(258) TaliesinNYC: and he NEVER gave me an explanation
(257) ticattack: Aye.
(258) TaliesinNYC: so he has one chance
(239) Donovan: NP here
(236) Zane: Thread up about changes to Sat game. Stan - look over and let me know if ok. It's in the Damrosil OOC forum.
(241) Sevis Goloens: Disconnecting from server...
(241) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 00:44
(257) ticattack: Seeya
(257) ticattack: Disconnecting from server...
(257) ticattack (exit): 00:48
(258) TaliesinNYC: fine
(236) Zane: cool
(236) Zane: So - see you all later. Stan - see you Wed for some kind of game. :)
(236) Zane: Outta here.
(236) Zane (exit): 00:52


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms