Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
(Note from TaliesinNYC: I had saved some game material, but restarted Open to facilitate tabbed whispers

(Note from TaliesinNYC:  I had saved some game material, but restarted Open to facilitate tabbed whispers.  Consequently when I resaved the log to this file, I inadvertently saved over the preexisting material.

 

To recap from Dam63, the party had arrived in Wysos after having met Cytara the bard as they entered the city gates.  They went to an inn called the Copper Cauldron to rest and engage in certain errands.  Daelan decided to stay outside the city, preferring to have little to do with humans.  Morti is accompanied by Teleute as he wanders the streets of Wysos.  See the related posts in the Damrosil subforum for PBP entries.

 

When the log opens, the party is separated.  Atross, Sevis, Jarvis and Thom are at the Cauldron interacting with some locals and each other.  Daelan meets a rather distressed mage and tries to assist him.)

 

Server Administrator->
** Atross spies Sevis entering the inn and motions him over to fill him in on their rooming arrangements and then asks about his experience with the Solnorites. **
(2165) DM: The youth opens his eyes and seizes Daelan's shoulder violently, almost shouting,"Help me! Protect me from them!"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I will do what I can."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Just calm down and tell me what the problem is.''
(2165) DM: He seems so weak that he can barely stand, clutching his head and his heart with his hands. A satchel drops to the ground with a thud, splattering mud on his dingy robes.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral bends down and picks up the bag off the ground. **
(2165) Brion: Didn't you hear me? They're all around me!
(2165) DM: A couple of peasants glance at the youth's direction and make warding signs with their hands.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Yes I heard you,everyone heard you,but I see nothing,you say they are dead,I see no dead,perhaps you need to lay down and rest for awhile."
(2165) Peasant: ...madman...
** (2147) Daelan La'neral glances at the peasants,spits on the ground saying " Humans." **
** Brion steps away from the line and glances past Daelan with a look of abject terror on his face and tries to run away. **
(2165) Brion: I have nothing tae give tae you!!!!! Stay away from me!!!!
** (2147) Daelan La'neral holds up the persons bag," You have this." **
(2165) Erdain: Just a madman. Move along. (glancing at Daelan and at the fleeing youth)
(2165) DM: The youth doesn't appear to hear you and flees for his life, the line into Wysos all but forgotten.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral watches the Human run away **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral shrugs his shoulders,then opens the bag and looks inside. **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral closes the bag,jumps back on his horse and rides towards the other town,the one outside the city. **
(2165) DM: (meanwhile...)
** (2147) Daelan La'neral stops at the blacksmiths shop. **
(2165) DM: (back with Atross and co....)
Atross: (I have a company now, go me)
** Atross explains to Sevis quietly, "Thom is getting in touch with the pulse of the city. How was the temple?" **
(2167) ticattack (enter): 22:25
(2165) Edward: What can I do fer you? (to Daelan)
(2167) ticattack (exit): 22:26
Jarvis: ((Sorry, was just checking if it'd stuffed up))
(2147) Daelan La'neral: ( speaking to the blacksmith) " I would like to see what type of arrow heads you have."
(2165) Edward: Well, I have tha' normal steel-tips, and a few steel heads. Nae stone ones, or magicked ones.
(2165) Edward: An' ever since tha' shield went up, those are rare now. Seems like all the magen disappeared-like, or gone into hiding, aye.
(2165) Edward: It's surprising tae me yer out an' about. Yer an' elf, aye?
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I will take the steel heads,I would also like some special ones made as well."
(2165) Edward: What kind a' specials?
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Yes I am a Calen Quessir,how is that your business?"
** Atross explains to Jarvis quietly, "Thom is getting in touch with the pulse of the city. How was the temple?" **
(2165) Edward: Well, yer not from here, aye?
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " No I am not from here."
(2165) Edward: Most elves are...um....(seems uncomfortable)..., not welcome here, or are slaves.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I would like some hawk bills if you can make them,as well as some bullet tips as well."
Jarvis: "The priests are going to raise the kid tomorrow morning. For a 'donation', of course"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " What my money is not good enough for you,as for being a slave,that is not going to happen any time soon."
(2165) Edward: Aye, I can make 'em. Yer tha' first I've had in many weeks.
(2165) Edward: Nae, nae you. Yer not from here.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " How long to make them?"
(2165) Edward: It's jes....strange tha' tha' guards have nae taken ye, thas' all.
Atross: "Well apparently there's quite a ceremony involved in the process, though I've never been privy to seeing it myself."
(2165) Edward: One day, at most, neighbor.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " That will do,I wish 40 of each."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Who here sells arrow shafts?"
Jarvis: "Yeah, that's my understanding. They were in the middle of a service. Sevis was rapt"
(2165) Edward: Alyssa, the fletcher. She's a' tha' edge of town. She used tae be a bard until her mother left. An' famous too.
** Edward sighs. "Aye, Cytara was famed fer her voice, an' her daughter was nae exception." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Yea,yea whatever,how much for what you have and for what I want?"
(2165) DM: (20% off standard PH prices)
** (2147) Daelan La'neral hands the man 30 gp **
** Edward stares at the money with wide eyes. "Thank you, aye." **
(2165) DM: You note that he seems to have picked up a spring in his step.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Is there a safe place to rest and eat around here?"
(2165) Edward: If'n I can provide you with something else, please let me know.
(2165) Edward: As safe as can be. (chuckles grimly) Well, this place is safe all right. Nae one comes here, not even tha' guards or thieves. Isolt's tavern, which you passed by as you came here -- it being tha' only inn in Liann -- would suit you.
Atross: "They do usually have a sizable following. Can't blame the people for looking for a light in the darkness so to speak."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Fine bring the arrow heads to Isolts in the morning,ask for Daelan."
** Jarvis nods. "True. Nothing wrong with it, I guess" **
(2165) Edward: Very good.
(2165) Edward: Oh. (looks up at Daelan)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " What?"
(2165) Edward: Ye'll probably not want to wander about.
(2165) Edward: (looks around as he says this)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I have no intention of doing so,once I get my arrow shafts and fletching."
** Edward nods, and seems worried, but doesn't say anything anymore. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Trust me,the less time I spend with you Humans the better off I am,no offense meant."
(2165) Edward: Nae, you don't understand.
(2165) DM: He seems to have ignored your comment.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " What is it that I do not understand?"
(2165) Edward: Ye'll probably NOT want to wander about, if'n ye know what I mean.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well I have to do some wandering about if I am to get the items I need."
(2165) Edward: Like I said, you're not from here.
(2165) Edward: I meant at night.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well at night I will be in my room,I will stable my horse here when I am done with my shopping."
(2165) Edward: Good....good.
** Edward is relieved. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I shall see you in the morn correct."
(2165) Edward: After all, you'll need your arrowheads. (chuckles weakly)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Yes I will.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral turns his horse and rides off towards the bard the Human spoke of,stopping outside her house/shop **
(2165) DM: A wonderfully sweet and rich voice wafts out from outside the inn, that seems to lend a bit of color to this otherwise drab shantytown.
Atross: "Good people, with good intentions. Just too confining for me. So, what do you think of that job?"
** (2147) Daelan La'neral slides off his horse,enters the inn,looking for whomever is singing. **
Jarvis: "I doubt it's entirely as good-intentioned as he made it sound"
Jarvis: "In fact, I'd be wondering if this fellow really is a werewolf, or simply someone who saw or heard something he shouldn't have, if you catch my drift"
(2165) DM: It's a combined inn and tavern. On entering, you can see that it's sparsely inhabited, a few ramshackle wooden tables and trenchers scattered about the room. A long wooden bar stretches across the rear of the common room, over which is mounted a large triple crossbow. An extremely beautiful half-elven maiden tends the bar, glancing up at you as you enter the room.
Atross: "Not too sure about the employer's intentions either. Yet the matter may bear looking into on our own."
** Jarvis smiles. "You read my mind" **
(2165) DM: A plate of black bread and fresh butter can be seen on the bar, along with a bowl of fruit.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral picks out an apple,inspects it closely,while looking around the inn. **
(2165) DM: It's clearly seen better days, but you can see that someone makes an attempt to keep it welcoming and clean.
(2165) DM: The half-elf smiles at you, warmth radiating from her as you approach.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral places it back in the bowl,taking one out of his pack,takes a bite,smiling at the half elf. **
(2165) Isolt: Welcome to Fiddler's Green. What can I get for you?
** Atross continues cautiously, aware of the other patrons, "After all, these things don't occur spontaneously. He either got it from something else here or traveled here afterwards; assuming the story is true and not a cover for something wished unknown." **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral finishes chewing,then swallows before speaking." 100 arrow shafts and enough fletching to make some arrows,I would prefer either oak or ash if you have them." **
(2142) Morti: ((Would you like fries with that?))
** Isolt laughs out loud, her voice pealing like a bell. "You must have me mistaken with Alyssa. I thank you." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well where is she?"
(2165) Isolt: I am Isolt, and this is my inn.
(2165) Isolt: Well, where she usually is in the early afternoon. At market inside Wysos.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I am Daelan and I need some arrows."
(2165) Isolt: I have no arrows to give to you. (smiles shyly)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " When will she return?"
** Isolt shrugs. "When she runs out of her wares, I suppose. Can I get you something to drink?" **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral looks around the Inn," Umm....no I am fine,I do wish a room though." **
(2165) Isolt: I have ale, mint water, plumwine, Cathurian White, Breynian Green and honeyfire.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral shakes his head," Just a room please.'' **
(2165) Isolt: Suit yourself then. That'll be five hawks.
(2165) DM: ((OOC: 1 hawk = 1 sp))
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Do you have a errand boy?"
(2165) Isolt: Nae errand boys. But I do have some ability in tha' Art.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Fine,I will pay a crown to you,if you send Alyssa to my room when she returns here."
(2165) Isolt: Daelan, you'll need to change your coin with a usurer or moneylender inside Wysos. I'm afraid coin of the Southern Kingdoms are no good here.
(2165) Isolt: I see you are not from here.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " So it seems I am to enter that accursed city no matter if I wish to or not."
(2165) Isolt: I can have a sending tae Alyssa, an' you can pay me once you settle wit' me.
(2165) Isolt: We sometimes are forced tae do things regardless of what we wish. (smiles faintly)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " And how am I to do that? I have to enter the city,and if I am in there I may as well stay right."
(2165) Isolt: You can see a usurer inside, you do not have tae stay inside. An' there are ways tae leave without using tha' gates.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral looks at the woman with interest," Go on,you have my attention." **
** Isolt indicates a stool. "Have a seat." **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral takes a seat **
(2165) Isolt: You can buy a charm from a mage that enables you tae leave unseen by tha' guards. Or you can pay a coin to an innkeep near tha' walls to let you out a side passage.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " How much for the charm?"
(2165) Isolt: Or, if'n you're brave enough, you can use the catacombs beneath tha' city to leave. But this way is dangerous, for tha' dead walk them.
(2165) Isolt: I am not tha' skilled in tha' Art. At least tenfold wands.
(2165) DM: ((OOC: 1 gp = 1 golden wand))
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Whom would I speak to about getting this charm?"
(2165) DM: Oh, I could point you tae a mage, if'n you wish.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I would appreciate it."
(2165) Isolt: Danta, a conjurer who I know from my days at the Acadiae, sometimes frequents a tavern called the Copper Cauldron.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Of course."
(2165) Isolt: Seek him out and you will get your charm.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well I will be back,farewell for now."
(2165) DM: (want me to FF? )
(2147) Daelan La'neral: (( sure))
(2165) DM: ((so I assume people meet up at the Cauldron eventually?))
(2147) Daelan La'neral: ( sounds good to me)
Jarvis: ((Sounds goodly))
Atross: (It seems probable doesn't it)
(2165) DM: ((btw, Morti's encounter with Teleute takes place on a different timescale than you))
Atross: ((His is in the morning, just before his appointment, isn't it?))
** (2147) Daelan La'neral walks into the Copper Cauldron,walks up the innkeeper and asks for a person named Danta. **
(2165) TaliesinNYC: ((well what is time to the dead?))
Atross: ((Don't know, but I mean to us))
(2165) TaliesinNYC: ((heheh))
(2165) Gawain: You mean Dantra. He sometimes comes in in the morning.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " And where does he go when he is not here?"
(2165) DM: Atross and Jarvis are here at a side table when you walk in.
** (2142) Morti hangs around at the Temple, wondering why he had to rush **
** Atross watches Daelan curiously when he walks in, as if not sure it really is him. **
(2165) DM: ((actually, you're not there yet. remember that time operates differently for the dead))
(2142) Morti: (kidding.. kidding...)
** Jarvis looks up as Daelan enters, and raises a hand in greeting. **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral looks around the Inn,notices Atross and Jarvis,then turns back to the Innkeeper,waiting for an answer **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Where would this Dantra be now?"
Jarvis: (Muttering under his breath, just loud enough for Atross to hear him) "Well fine, just ignore us then"
** Gawain shrugs as he pours a glass of honeyfire for a customer. "Most likely at the Acadiae. Or perhaps on his way here for lunch." **
(2142) Morti: ((I've figured it out. "Time is to the Dead as Soap is to a Frog." Think about it. ))
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well when he comes in could you tell him that Daelan is looking for him."
(2165) Gawain: Hm, Daelan, Daelan. Say, you look familiar.
(2165) Gawain: You wouldn't happen tae be tha' brother of Certimifil, aye?
** Atross quietly answers, "I didn't think Daelan would come into the city at all; surprising that he'd end up in the same inn." **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral gives the Innkeeper a hard stare," What do you know of him?" **
** Jarvis shrugs. "Spooky" he says, then takes another sip of his drink, trying to catch bits of the conversation. **
whispering to ticattack, roll Listen
(2165) Gawain: Who, Certimfil? Well, I know tha' someone's been askin' fer him, an' I thought tha' if ye were his brother, ye might carry word tae him.
(2165) Gawain: Jus' a man named Nerick, I think.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Who is seeking him? and what word do you have for him?"
Jarvis: ((Listen: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)))
whispering to ticattack, nope
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " When I see him,I will tell him."
(2165) Gawain: Oh, someone named Nerick. An adventurer, perhaps someone like yoursel'. 'e collected weapons, swords an' bows an' tha' like.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Is he around,this Nerick person?"
(2165) Gawain: Nerick? Nae, nae. I ha' nae seen him in oh, perhaps one or two months. You might ask around fer him. Used tae come here an' other taverns in this part o' Wysos. Have nae seen him, nae, nae.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral stares at the man,muttering to himself," Yea and I am a dwarf." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Just tell Dantra that I am looking for him ok.''
** (2147) Daelan La'neral turns and walks over to the table that Atross and Jarvis are sitting at,pulls out a chair and sits down. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Greetings Atross,Jarvis."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I trust you took care of Elamurix Artoss."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: *Atross
Atross: "Greetings. So how'd you wind up in the same inn as us? He's safe, not well, but safe."
** Jarvis looks up at Daelan. "Oh, ok, so now we're good enough for you to acknowledge" **
Atross: "This morning I was pretty sure you wouldn't be coming into the city at all."
** (2147) Daelan La'neral looks over at Jarvis," Actually no,I was just being polite to you,I merely wish to speak to Atross." **
** Jarvis grins. "Ah, well, that's a relief. I was beginning to think you were turning all decent on me" **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I had no intention of entering this vile place,but seems what and who I need to see are all here."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I have managed to aquire 100 arrows for you,well I have 20 steel heads now,I ordered 40 Hawkbills and 40 bullet tips for you,now I need to find Alyssa to get the shafts and fletching for you."
** Atross says quietly, "It seems few people that are here would prefer to stay. It's pretty bad. Usually most people are at least satisfied, but it seems a lot are uneasy with what's going on." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " And I need to see someone named Dantra to get a charm so that I do not have to pay to leave this vile place."
** Atross then continues in a more conversational manner, "Excellent, I look forward to learning more about how to put them together." **
** Jarvis looks up. "Can they get you back in without paying? Or did you not care enough to ask?" **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well since you are right handed I will get feathers from the right wing so that the arrows will spin to the right for you."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " There are other ways of entering and leaving this place."
Jarvis: "Yeah, but with that shield up there, I'm not going to try flying out"
Jarvis: "By the way, how much did you pay for the feathers?"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " No I was told we could get out by paying some coin to the some of the Inns along the outer wall or we could just go through the sewers but I was told the dead walk around down there."
** Jarvis raises a brow. "The dead? Right... That's perhaps something we should look into" His voice is cold, a far cry from his usual tone. **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral reaches down and places a satchel on the table,opens it up and takes out a book called the " Witch-kings of Damrosil" sliding it over to Atross. **
(2165) DM: There seems to be a piece of parchment stuck to the inside cover, sticking out of the book.
Atross: "You've taken up some odd reading."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " No,I found this,when that strange Human started screaming,he dropped this and ran away,figured you liked reading up on strange things around here."
(2165) DM: ((OOC: want to point out that Daelan's encounter with Brion took place apart from the other PCs))
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " That and some dried herbs and 2 spell books he had in here too."
Jarvis: ((Aye. Gotcha))
Jarvis: "When the young one is raised, he can take a look. Might be useful"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " He also had a this." takes a silver dagger from inside his cloak,showing it to Jarvis and Atross.
Atross: "Well, it can help pass the time until Thom and Sevis get back."
whispering to ticattack, you've begun to get a sense of unease about the shield that goes beyond what you're feeling
Atross: "I wonder if he heard about it, or if he normally carried a silver dagger. He ran off screaming you said?"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " All that Human kept screaming about was the dead and they wanted something from him,then he ran away."
whispering to ticattack, as if you can see things out of the corner of your vision but when you look, they're not there
whispering to ticattack, as if there's an endless mass of souls, as I described in Morti's PBP on the boards, except when you attempt to look, there's nothing there.
Jarvis: "Maybe there is something to the werewolf tale?"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Eh what do you expect from a Human,you all frighten to easily."
whispering to ticattack, and somehow, the shield has something to do with it
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " What werewolf tale?"
** Jarvis glances around. "Is it just me, or..." **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral looks at Jarvis," Or what?" **
** Atross says quietly and unremarkedly, not wanting to spread rumors or panic needlessly, "Supposedly there is a werewolf who broke loose while he was trying to get cured at one of the temples." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " In all my years I have not heard of a cure for that."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Other than to kill them."
** Jarvis looks around, shakes his head and turns back to the conversation. "Nothing" **
Atross: "All afflictions have cures of some kind, even death. Though it may not be certain or cheap to acquire."
Jarvis: "There are some cures for lycanthropy, aside from death. They're rare, expensive and difficult, but they do exist"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well if you kill them it is certain and cheap."
** Atross indicates the silver dagger, "Not so certain if you don't use something like that to do it." **
Jarvis: "Cheap, yeah, but it's also not the best for their health"
** (2147) Daelan La'neral hands the dagger to Atross," Well it is useless to me,if I can not kill it with my bow,what good is a dagger going to do me." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " So they are a werewolf,they are to be hunted and killed,just like an Orc."
Atross: "They're a bit more of a threat than an orc being loose in the city though. And the temple he went to doesn't want him dead, they want him brought back alive."
** Jarvis smiles faintly. "Remind me of that if you get bitten" **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " So we almost kill him."
Jarvis: "That works. If we can bind him somehow, until he calms down, we can go from there. I'd like to know why the... why that guy was after him"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " What guy?"
** Atross whispers quietly, "Okinar, apparently highest priest in this town of Arawn, god of the dead. Who, by the way, you just said were wandering under this city." **
Jarvis: "Yeah, the god of the dead and undead walking around. There's a big surprise"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well we beat the werewolf up until he passes out,then we hog tie him,tie its mouth shut,then drag him into town,when he wakes up we whack him until he passes out again. No problem.."
** Jarvis rolls his eyes. "You volunteering?" **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well it seems to me you guys have already thought about doing it,so may as well go along with you,after all you will need my bow."
Atross: "We've thought about looking into it, but Okinar doesn't seem trustworthy. I wonder if the plan is really to cure him."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Maybe he uses him the give him more dead to raise."
(2165) DM: A middle-aged woman, her hair tied neatly in a bun enters the tavern, and takes a seat near the bar on the far side of the room. The bartender nods in your direction, subtly indicating her presence to Daelan.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: ( the=to)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well if you will excuse me for a moment,I believe one of the Humans I am looking for has arrived."
Jarvis: "I doubt he'd pay good money to get one man when there's plenty right here. As I understand it, an undead is an undead, it doesn't matter what they were like when they were alive"
Jarvis: "Of course, I don't claim to know all that much on that... subject"
** (2147) Daelan La'neral stands and walks over to the woman,stopping at a distance from her,clears his throat to get her attention. **
Atross: "Maybe he wants a werewolf for some purpose."
(2165) Alyssa: I smelled you already. Sit. (looks up as she takes a sip from a goblet)
(2165) DM: She has more than a passing resemblance to the bard you met earlier.
** Jarvis shrugs. "True. I think we're all agreed he's not trying to help the guy". He glances around once more. "I think your madness is contagious" **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral sits at the table with the woman." I am sorry the smell of Human is on me,I have not had time to bathe." **
** Alyssa smirks. "I apologize to have offended you so. I was unaware that elves could discern as fine a scent as wolves or other animals." **
** Atross asks curiously, "What do you mean? It shouldn't be." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " When one has spent as many years in the wilds as I have,you learn to pick up different scents,no offense taken."
** Jarvis glances around once more, a little agitated. "Y'know, I think I'll go for a walk. You can... you can..." He trails off, gets up and walks outside. **
(2165) Alyssa: So, you're looking for me. I received a sending from Isolt, whom you have met.
Atross: "Get some fresh air, maybe it'll help."
(2165) Alyssa: You are Daelan, correct? An elf and a green elf, at that.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Yes I am Daelan."
(2174) Zane (enter): 00:26
(2165) Alyssa: And here, no less. So, what do you want of me, Daelan?
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2174) Zane...
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I believe you have some items that I am in need of."
** Atross picks up the book out of the satchel and opens it up to pass some time. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " If I had my way,I would not be in this vile place,but one goes where one must."
(2165) Alyssa: My name is Alyssa, which you already know.
(2165) Alyssa: If I had my way, I would not deal with you, but we do what we must. (smirk)
(2165) Alyssa: The elves I have known are more mannered than one such as you.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I am in need of enough right wing fletching for 100 arrows,and arrow shafts for 100 arrows as well,preferably either oak or ash if you have them."
(2165) DM: A piece of parchment which was stuck to the inside cover of the book falls out.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I do not care for Humans all that much,so if I am blunt with my dealings that is my nature."
** Atross picks up the parchment and looks it over, "Not a bookmark..." **
(2165) Alyssa: You mean that is your excuse. However, coin is coin, so I do what I must and then I will remove myself from your scent.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " All the better.
(2165) Alyssa: Your shafts will be ready for you on the morrow. I require payment, half now and half tomorrow.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Speak your price."
(2165) DM: (she charges you 10% over PH prices)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " And the feathers?"
(2165) Alyssa: Those are included.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral hands her 50 gp," Paid in full,leave them at the inn of Isolt in the morn." **
(2165) Alyssa: No.
(2165) Alyssa: I am not your messenger boy.
(2165) Alyssa: If you want your wares, you will come to my stall at the market.
** Alyssa takes a sip of her goblet. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Fine where is you stall?"
** Alyssa tells you where it is. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I will send Atross to pick them up in the morning if that is alright with you Alyssa." pointing out Atross to her.
(2165) DM: ((if you look on the map above, it's the open space near location 4))
(2147) Daelan La'neral: (( ok ))
(2165) Alyssa: Whatever you wish.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral stands up,walking away from her,muttering something about horses and stalls in elven as he leaves her. **
** (2147) Daelan La'neral walks back over to Atross and sits down at his table,pointing to the woman he just left **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " In the morning you go to that womans stall in the market place to pick up the arrow shafts and feathers."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Her name is Alyssa."
Atross: "And she'll be oh so happy to see me I'm sure. Oh well, they're arrows after all. Wonder if she knows Certimfil."
Atross: "I guess this book is about one of these kings, Dacquin is called the witch-king in the poem here."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " She will be happier to see you than me of that I am sure,though you are elindil to me Atross,you utter that name once more,as we shall see how good you are with your bow,do you understand me."
Jarvis: ((Whoops. Sorry))
Atross: "This guy, points out the underlining in the poem, or that elf?"
** (2147) Daelan La'neral looks at the piece of paper Atross is holding. **
Thom: Outta here...
(2174) Thom (exit): 00:54
(2179) Zane (enter): 00:55
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (2179) Zane...
** Thom returns to the table where the others are sitting. He takes a seat at the table and takes a long drink from his ale before looking up with a slight smile. It is nice in a way to be back in a city with proper intrigue again. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Those names are fine to speak,just not his."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " This place is vile and reeks of Humans,I will not stay here any longer than needed."
** Atross kinda grunts, "Uh.. huh." and just shrugs. **
** Thom chuckles at Daelan, "To each their own.
Although I do admit that there are some questionable things going on here." **

(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Stay here long enough and you will end up like those who live here."
Thom: "Depends Daelan, there are a variety of different people here - some of whom I do indeed feel connected with. But not everyone here is the same, nor believes the same things."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " They are all dying on the inside,just like anything that lives you need the sun and sky,but here you have neither,and the darkness will take you over."
(2180) Jason (enter): 01:03
Atross: "That Alyssa did look familiar. I'm sure if there was some relation Cytara would have mentioned her directly though. No use pondering that either I suppose. What have you been able to find out, Thom?"
Thom: "Maybe Daelan, but some struggle with the darkness - and that is a good sign." Thom takes another sip before turning to Atross, "Well - there seems to much more to those priests of Arwan, as we suspected. Not only do they seem to be better off monetarily than typical priests, but they also keep the shield above this city. Although there is very little objection to the shield in the city, at least not out loud in public from what I can tell. But many people here have, or know others that have, some mental or physical problems that coincide with the raising of the shield. Of course, there is also some Kartak person, a necromancer it seems, whom lives outside the city and has tried attacking it, thus one of the reasons for the creation of the shield.
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(2180) Jason' from server... Removing dead client
(2180) Jason (exit): 01:04
** Jarvis reenters the door, glancing around again, then sitting down at the table. "How'd things go?" **
** Jarvis nods. "Yeah, this shield's not good new. I'm fairly sure it's messing with my head" **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " See I told you."
(2181) TheOposite (enter): 01:06
Thom: "Yes, you aren't the only one Jarvis. Other mentioned headaches and nightmares. Much of this deals with Kartak, or stems from his abilities as well."
Thom: "It seems if Kartak was not around, or no longer searching for whatever he wanted, there would be no reason for the shield. But the question becomes do we bother with this? After all - we have a much bigger target we are currently pursuing."
Jarvis: "Bigger than the fate of an entire city?"
** Drenla comes down to the common room and comes to your table. His eyes appear baggy as if he has not slept in days. He seems exhausted, his face paler than usual. "Chamomile tea," he whispers to a waitress, as he glances around you. **
Atross: "The fate of the entire world would probably be considered bigger than this city. More direclty, the fate of this country."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " See it is affecting him too,not that one could tell."
Thom: "Yes Jarvis. The prophesy we are apparently part of deals with the fate or the nation, as I understand it."
Jarvis: "Ah" He sighs. "Alright, got me there"
** Thom nods to Drenla to get his attention and call him over. **
(2165) Drenla: There is something terribly wrong here in this city. We need to leave or failing that, find out what's wrong and end it.
(2165) Drenla: First thing, after we have my app--....Morti raised.
Thom: "Yes Drenla - we believe it is directly the result of the shield. However, dealing with that requires dealing with Kartak first."
** (2147) Daelan La'neral looks at Drenla then at Jarvis," Perhaps it affects the least intellegent ones first." **
Atross: "I have one big question right now, how long has the shield been in place?"
Thom: "Yes, that is first and foremost Drenla."
(2165) Drenla: No, I do not believe that Kartak has anything to do with it. Or more precisely, I do not think that Kartak is the cause of this malaise.
Jarvis: (To Daelan) "So how are you still standing?"
Jarvis: "It's the shield. Makes sense. You're fighting a powerful magic-user, so you make something that harms magic-users"
(2165) Drenla: From what I have been able to discern, a few months.
Thom: "Not directly, as far as I could determine at least. but the shiled was 'apparently' raised in defense against him. Of course, this is all based on how much the common people know, which is definately not everything."
Atross: "Kartak is a necromancer, it probably is designed to ward against magic in some way. An odd thing to do in Gwythnecht, from what I've heard."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " We Quessir are smarter than you Humans Jarvis,you are just not smart enough to see it."
(2165) Drenla: The shield is not composed of arcane magicka.
Thom: "I believe it has to do with the priests of Arwan, so it would be divine of some sort in nature, would it not?"
Atross: "It wouldn't be, it wasn't made by mages from the citadel. It's the work of the priests of Arawn mainly."
(2165) Drenla: It is divine in nature. Divine and necromantic. It is...fueled by the dead. Aye, Thom.
Jarvis: "Well, that would explain the undead beneath the city"
Thom: "Fueled by the dead... that can't be a good thing."
Jarvis: "Gods help us. Why do I get the feeling we're doomed?"
(2165) Drenla: Rhian and I believe that somehow, the shield is powered by the souls of those who walk the streets of Wysos. These souls are only visible to individuals who are able to practice magicka, either arcane or divine.
(2165) Drenla: You (to Jarvis) may have already seen them.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Like that screaming Human I encountered outside the city?"
(2165) Drenla: I have. And I have been unable to sleep.
(2165) Drenla: If he was a mage, he was probably affected by the sight of the dead around him.
Atross: "So they're using souls to ward against a necromancer? Does that seem even reasonable?"
Jarvis: "Would that be the nightmare that disappears when you look?"
Thom: "Then we cannot remain here long. After Morti returns, why not just leave?"
Jarvis: "We're talking madmen here"
(2165) Drenla: No, I do not think that warding against Kartak is the truth.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well then I suggest you all go and sleep at the Isolt Inn,it is outside the city."
Jarvis: "What, and leave people here to be sucked dry? No thanks"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " If you stay it will do the same to you Jarvis."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " And to Drenla and Morti."
** Jarvis taps his fingers on the table distractedly. "Yeah. Point taken. Still, this is..." He shrugs, apparently unable to find words. **
Atross: "What's more, this wouldn't be done just to harm the people of the city. It's real purpose is towards some other goal. A goal that requires a lot of souls."
Thom: "Well, we have two options then. Leave the city, or remain here where some of us are already feeling the downside to the shield."
Jarvis: "Again, not a good thing"
** Jarvis rubs his forehead, deep in thought. "How long d'you reckon we can stay here before any permanant damage is done?" **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps they want all the souls of those who use magic,and then when they have enough tap into the stored magic of all those undead mages and do something nasty with it."
Atross: "I think that if we leave, we'd best get far far away from here. We'd need some way to find out what they're really after if we're to stay."
Thom: "If we are to remain here, we need to figure out just what the shield is. Obviously, the priests of Arwan won't tell us, and I doubt many other know."
Atross: "Maybe we could do them a favor and use that to look around. However, maybe Kartak knows something about what's really going on."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Or we could go into the sewers and kill the dead."
Atross: "They could be guarding some secret; guards that won't spill what they're guarding."
Thom: "There are rumors that he wants something in or near Wysos, of course - that could just be a story arrising from the deception that the shield is used to defend against Kartak."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " When the dead are dead,it should weaken or even make the shield go away,thus freeing the city."
(2165) Drenla: Damage is already being done. The shield is powered by two forces: the souls of those who have recently died, and magicka that resides in the city.
Thom: "And what good would that do Daelan? If we were able to strike them down - would they even have any release while the shield remains active?"
(2165) Drenla: While the shield functions, no new magicka can be cast, no spells other than that granted by Arawn will function and no items can work reliably.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " It may,never know,atleast it is something to think about that does not require me to stay in this vile Human infested town."
Atross: "They could be created as a byproduct of all the souls in the city."
Thom: "I just don't see how fighting these undead would help the city at all. Kartak might be the best resource or more information, although I am not sure how much I like the idea of working with a known necromancer."
(2165) Drenla: There are very few things that will work in opposition. Priests of Diancecht, for instance. The One Power for another.
Atross: "Maybe this werewolf is involved with their plan somehow. Maybe he knows?"
(2165) Drenla: I leave it up to you to come to a decision. And for now, I need sleep.
Jarvis: "I'll second that"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " You know Drenla,when you try and sleep that is when you are being drained."
Thom: "Maybe Atross, although I do not want to work for that priest of Arwan either. Go Drenla, we will decide. Try to get some sleep."
(2165) Drenla: A truism, Daelan, but I cannot function without sleep.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Try sleeping outside of town."
Atross: "We don't have to be working for him, in fact, to look for who he's after."
(2165) Drenla: Perhaps.
Jarvis: "Perhaps a spell that blocks magic? Would that work?"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps if we killed the priest of Arwan it may end this thing too."
Thom: "I'd rather not see the group split up any more than necessary Daelan."
Atross: "Then shouldn't we all head out of town?"
Thom: "Just making sure Atross, that I can go for."
Jarvis: "Yeah, although I wouldn't be sleeping too much after that. The squads of executioners'd keep me up"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Little good Drenla,Jarvis and Morti will do us if they are being drained when they try and sleep Thom."
(2142) Morti: ((
(2142) Morti: Morti sleeps in peace))
Atross: "Regardless of the repercussions, do we even know they actively have ot maintain the shield? Or could it keep running without them now?"
Thom: "True. This is a strange place indeed. Then if need be, we all head outside and rest there."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well I am waiting for a person,when he shows and I get what I need,I will take you to the Isolt Inn outside of town."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " There is another I could speak with" mutters an elven curse under his breath
Thom: "Exactly Atross. We need more information. It seems as though we are leaning towards heading out of town and resting there, and then seeking Kartak. However, we need to be here tomorrow for Morti, right?"
Atross: "Maybe we should split up after all. Those who can, stay here, the others go to Isolt's inn. We have appointments and appearances to uphold tonight and tomorrow."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " What appointments are for tonight?"
Jarvis: "Fine. I'm not complaining about getting out of here"
(2165) DM: A tall green elf with a stately bearing enters the tavern and strides up to the bar, taking a seat in front of the bartender. He seems a bit familiar.
Atross: "Well, the rooms are already paid for here. I suppose we wouldn't be missed if we all left."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Tell Isolt that Daelan sent you,do not eat the fruit though it has seen better days."
Thom: "Maybe so, although I hate to do it. Drenla, Rhian, and Jarvis should go outside, as they have felt the effects. Then Daelan, Atross and Myself can finish things here and retrieve Morti and meet up outside tomorrow morning."
Jarvis: "Are we sure the shield's not doing... something to Morti's body?"
** (2147) Daelan La'neral stands up quickly,his left hand moving faster than the eye can track and he notches an arrow and aims his bow at the one who just entered the Inn. **
Atross: "I don't think it'd be reasonable for us to move it out and then back inside tomorrow. Hey!"
** (2147) Daelan La'neral shouts out in elven,the only word understandable is the name Certimfil **
** Certimfil swivels around on his stool and takes a sip from a tankard, gazing around the room as if searching for someone in particular. **
Thom: "What can we do about it? I believe his body needs to be here for him to be raised, would it not?"
(2165) DM: (init)
** Jarvis jumps to his feet, looking from the newcomer to Daelan. "Hey... Let's keep this as bloodless as possible, yeah?" **
(2165) DM: (only Daelan)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
(2147) Daelan La'neral: INIT: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
** Atross leaps up to stop Daelan, "We shouldn't start a fight here." **
(2165) DM: The elf sighs and shrugs, then turns his back on Daelan.
(2165) Certimfil: Do what you must should you believe in your actions.
** (2147) Daelan La'neral fires an arrow into the bar next to the person,not hitting him just close enough to let him know. **
(2165) DM: (6, Dael)
Thom: "Daelan, please not - not in here."
** Thom sighs but remains seated, staying out of the fight. **
(2165) Certimfil: Ever the child. (wiggles his fingers in a parting motion)
Atross: "Just what's going on here? It seems you know each other."
(2165) DM: Suddenly, multiple copies of the green elf appear next to him, each indistinguishible from the next.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Ever the coward."
** Jarvis groans. "Oh, gods" **
(2165) DM: The images turn around to regard you with mock solemnity.
Thom: "If you fight in here Dealan - you will be tossed out. You are on your own here."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Whats the matter brother,afraid to face me?"
(2165) Certimfil: Do what you must, Daelan, but know there are consequences to your actions.
(2165) DM: (if you enter combat, you must roll init, so let me know)
Atross: "Before anyone does what they must can someone explain what's going on?"
** Thom looks to Atross. "Well Atross, it might be just you and me in town tonight." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " And to yours as well,you have hidden yourself away,afraid to face what you did,and now you are afraid to face me."
Jarvis: ((Jarvis is standing ready, in case things get ugly, so: [1d20+1] -> [12,1] = (13)))
Jarvis: ((Readied action, obviously))
(2165) DM: The bartender ducks beneath the bar, and the other patrons stop what they're doing as tension rises in the room.
** Thom remains seated, sipping on his ale. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " He is my brother Atross,the name I told you not to speak."
** Atross is standing in between Daelan and some of the images, but isn't ready to do anything. **
(2165) Certimfil La'neral: I do not fear you, Daelan. I fear for you.
Jarvis: "Daelan. Lower the bow. You" he turns to the other elf "Drop the magics. I'm sure no one wants bloodshed"
Thom: "Listen Daelan - take it outside if you must do something. Otherwise you risk innocents being hurt in the battle. Is that something that you want?"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " He brought shame to our family,he made my life miserable and yet here he is still the coward."
Atross: "If you're brothers, then what's the problem? What happened? What'd he do?"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " If that were true brother,you would dispense the magic and face me."
(2165) Certimfil La'neral: Bah! I came here looking for a friend. He is not here, and so I shall leave. You know where to find me, brother. (smirk)
** (2147) Daelan La'neral spits on the ground in front of Cerimfil **
** Certimfil La'neral turns to the bartender and seeing he's not there, reaches into his pocket and deposits a small pouch on the bar. "For your troubles, Gawain. If Nerick should come here, please send a message to me." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Tread lightly brother,your days are numbered,if not by my hand,others will follow.
** Jarvis waits for the elf to walk outside. "I'll be back shortly" he says, getting up. He pushes open the door, walks outside, finds an alley or something and shifts into a dog. He looks about for the elf, and follows, trying to pass as a stray. **
(2165) DM: The images waver and disappear, leaving the elven mage alone as he calmly walks out of the tavern. "You sound more like a human every day, Daelan." (smirk)
Thom: "Hey, that's not fair - comparing Daelan to us."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " That arrow was your only warning brother,the next ones will find thier mark."
** Certimfil La'neral turns to regard Thom with mild amusement. "A necessary evil." **
(2165) Certimfil La'neral: He has his charms, at times.
(2190) Noelle (enter): 01:50
** Thom shrugs at the elf and takes another drink. **
(2165) Certimfil La'neral: You have much to learn, Daelan, and I have little time to teach you.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " You are nothing but a Human Certimfil,that and nothing more."
** Certimfil La'neral bows. "Friends." (leaves) **
whispering to ticattack, ok, noted
Thom: "Interesting family you have Daelan." he comments, taking another sip of ale.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Of course he would bow to Humans,he is more vile than a Glamhath."
** Atross stands looking at the door a moment, "... that didn't really answer anything." **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " He is no more my family than you are Thom."
Thom: "Very well. You could explain things, but I doubt that you would want to involve us mere humans in it."
Atross: "Care to tell us how he earned his death? And is there anyone else on that list we don't know about?"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " You would not understand Atross,in the clan a families name carries with it honor and prestige,he brought shame to our family and he cares not."
Atross: "I can see that he doesn't care, what'd he do?"
** Atross takes a seat again. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " He deserted his clan."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " He left to be with Humans rather than his own kind."
** Thom orders another ale from a wench and listens to whatever Dealan is willing to tell. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Killing him or bringing him back will restore my families name and honor."
Thom: "Have you not done the same?"
Atross: "He's kinda got a mansion outside of town. Wandering the countryside could be viewed a little differently."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " No I have not,I was on a mission when we were attacked in the woods were we met,I am merely with you to exact revenge on those who ordered the death of my clansmen."
Thom: "I see. The way you said it, it sounded so absolute, I was unsure the difference."
Atross: "However, we've heard that he doesn't exactly get along with the ruler of this city. As a mage, maybe it was about the shield."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Yes that is his way,take what he can get then leave."
Thom: "Wait a minute..." Thom suddenly looks up to where the other elf had been standing and then back at the other two. "Didn't Drenla say that only spells of Arwan could be cast? How was he able to create those images?"
Atross: "I'd guess he's in the market of weapons here."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps he is in league with him. He always did seek out power."
(2190) Noelle (exit): 02:02
Thom: "Hmm. Maybe, but I would expect to find him within the city then."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Not if he wanted to keep his power that he has."
Thom: "True, that would make sense."
(2181) TheOposite (exit): 02:04
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Make no mistake,he is cunning and ruthless,and perhaps even more powerful than when he left the clan,he always did take to magic."
(2165) DM: (going to stop in 10 min cuz I'm fading)
Jarvis: ((But... What about my muttiness? ;)))
(2165) DM: (your muttiness will happen))
Atross: "I wonder how much he's involved in here. What business does Nerick do with him, and where does he go."
Thom: "Well, if we do not remain here, it will not be a concern. You know where he is, so you can always deal with him when you want."
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " If he is gathering magic weapons and such,I am sure it can not be for a good reason."
(2165) Certimfil La'neral: I'll never begin to understand how a brother of mine could be so like what he detests. (mutters as he walks rapidly out of the city, glancing this way and that at no one in particular) And if you don't stay away from me, I swear I'll do something I'll regret. (out loud to no one in particular)
(2165) DM: A few passersby get out of the elf's way as he strides forward in the street. He seems to be knocking aside imaginary beings with his hands.
Thom: "Well, what now? Daelan, you are still waiting for someone, right?"
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Yes but I am not sure if he is going to show."
whispering to ticattack, you're following him
Thom: "Understood. Do we know exactly what we need to do for Morti in the morning?"
(2165) Arioch: Hah! Another one o' these elves!
(2165) Erdain: Bah, it's Lord Certimfil. Have a care, Erdain. Not like that other one, tha' rude one.
(2165) Arioch: Mayhap. Still an elf an' good fer nothing.
(2165) Arioch: (sneers at Certimfil who ignores the guard)
(2165) DM: So lost in thought is the mage that he fails to respond to the guardsmen' jeers.
(2165) Arioch: Cor! I'd thought 'e'd turn me into a toad or somethin'.
Atross: "Jarvis knows, we'll take him to the temple of Solnor."
(2165) Erdain: Er, I'd nae think o' tha' until tomorrah'.
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " Well do not forget to take Drenla and Rhain with you when you leave the city."
Thom: "Ok, so we are all staying in town tonight after all then? That works, the rooms are paid for for two nights anyway."
** Jarvis follows the elf, weaving around people and trying not to be obvious about it. **
(2147) Daelan La'neral: " I do not think that would be wise Thom,those like Jarvis should not spend any more time in this city than necessary."
** Jarvis tries to sneak past the guards when the next wag or group of people tries to pass through. **
Jarvis: ((*wagon))
** Certimfil La'neral hurries out of the city gates and begins casting a spell, glancing over his shoulder as he does so. **
Jarvis: ((Hide check there, or...?))
whispering to ticattack, yes
Thom: "I understand - but unless Jarvis returns soon or Drenla and Rhian come down - I am not going to bother them. Drenla knows what he is doing enough."
(2165) Certimfil La'neral: Silver path, river manse!
** Certimfil La'neral vanishes from sight in a twinkling of lights. **
(2165) DM: (and on that note I turn into a pumpkin)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms