Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(1173) Zane: Except wrong "their" again... ;)
(1179) DM: (anyone need a recap?)
Sevis Goloens: (( yes please ))
(1177) ticattack: ((We found the ghost-woman. I'd just like a recap on who's where, though))
(1176) Donovan: We're in a room with a desk and a ghost, we just rolled initiative....
(1174) Morti: I said I like it better that way. Question me not lowly bottom-dweller
(1174) Morti: (as you wish.)
Thom: (( we're in a study about to go after a lich. No wait, we don't have memories of that one yet.. ))
(1179) DM: ((on the way to Gwythnecht, you met an injured bard and her companion, who hinted at mysterious goings on at an abandoned trading post on the border of Gwythnecht and Damrosil))
(1176) Donovan: (You know, we spent a lot of time for what can be summed up as that... Or did we?)
(1179) DM: ((investigating the trading post, called Strathern Point, you had discovered that there was something or a group of somethings that had slain most of the bard's companions. how she and her consort had gotten away is a mystery, but apparently they did, albeit barely))
Sevis Goloens: (( Ahh right we investigated upstairs and then back down and ran into the ghost woman ))
Sevis Goloens: (( map not loading for me BTW ))
(1173) Zane: (( I've got it on screen... ))
(1177) ticattack: ((And there was a letter speaking of a haunting))
(1177) ticattack: ((I got the map))
(1174) Morti: (btw.. my last action was casting detect magic on the twisted metal thing that came out of the electricuting scroll case. Any results?)
(1189) Joe (enter): 21:37
(1179) DM: ((according to my notes, only Daelan, Thom and Sevis should be in the tower chamber, in room 3. everyone else is in room 2, the room with the desk.))
Thom: (( I thought room 3 was the bedroom.... ))
(1179) DM: ((you opened the scroll case and got zapped. whatever magic was in the scroll case expired when you got zapped))
(1179) DM: ((yes, 3 is the tower chamber bedroom))
(1176) Donovan: (We're in the room with the desk, except for the people in the next room)
Thom: (( ok... wherever we are, I went in search of the locked closet Sevis mentioned. That's all I know. :P ))
(1179) DM: (DJ, can you pls get onto Open Dev 4 in the event that Daelan is watiing?)
Sevis Goloens: (( nope ))
(1179) DM: (358) Atross: "Whoever uses this place must have a lot of keys."
** Thom leans away from the lightning. "Uh, sorry Morti. Nothing else here has been trapped." **
** (366) Jarvis glances at the desk. "That, or they had other ways of opening drawers" **
** Sevis Goloens points into the other room, "the closet is in there" **
** Thom makes sure Morti is ok, and then heads into the next room. **
Sevis Goloens: "Hope what was in there was not destroyed"
** (370) Morti grumbles, as he trembles a bit from the shock, otherwise he seems alright **
"Sevis said something about an annoying locked closet." **
** (370) Morti dumps out a a bit of twisted metal from the tube onto the desk **
(354) DM: A furious woman floats through the fireplace and shouts at you, "I will teach you to disturb my things, live one!"

(1179) DM: (that's from last session. I've edited out text for Daelan since the player isn't here)
(1179) DM: (26, Sevis)
Thom: (( so, who is she shouting at then? ))
(1176) Donovan: ((The fireplace is in the room with the closet, yes?))
Thom: (( I believe so. ))
(1179) DM: (she's shouting at Jarvis I believe)
** Sevis Goloens takes the crugel he picked up and holds it out "Is this what you are talking about?" **
** Jarvis looks up at the ghostly woman. "I was not aware these were your things" **
(1179) DM: (she's shouting at whomever is in room 3, which is Sevis, Thom and Daelan)
Thom: (( got it. ))
Jarvis: ((Ah, then scratch that remark))
(1179) DM: (Jarv, you managed to get the letter last session and read it, correct?)
Jarvis: ((Yes. I also read it out to whoever was in the room with me))
(1179) DM: (if so, then she's shouting at you. someone read the letter in the bedroom, whomever that was is the person she's furious at)
Jarvis: ((Me. So, she's in the room with me?))
(1179) DM: It appears to be a very angry ghost. ((yes))
Sevis Goloens: (( I read the letter right before I entered the bed room ))
(1179) DM: (so, anyway, 26, Sevis...)
Jarvis: ((Wait, sorry, maybe I'm just being dense, but: Sevis is in 3, the ghost is in 3, Jarvis is not, and the ghost is yellingat Jarvis?))
** Sevis Goloens takes the crugel he picked up and holds it out "Is this what you are talking about? If not please calm down" (Diplomacy) **
Sevis Goloens: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
(1196) Ian Cromwell (enter): 21:49
(1179) DM: (Sevis, Thom, Jarvis and Daelan are in room 3, everyone else is in room 2.)
Jarvis: ((Ah, gotcha))
Thom: (( Ahh, I see now. Sorry about that Stan. ))
(1179) DM: The spirit ignores Sevis and heads directly towards Jarvis, her ghostly hands outstretched. (20, Thm)
Thom: ::follows the same lines Sevis had:: "Listen, please. We only came to figure out what happened, and stop whoever killed everyone. We met no disrespect."
** Thom moves towards Jarvis as he speaks to her, as calmly as he can. **
Thom: (( *meant, not met... ))
** (1196) Daelan La'neral stands watching the ghost float towards Jarvis and Thom. **
(1179) DM: That doesn't seem to have worked much.
(1179) DM: (19, Dael)
** (1196) Daelan La'neral points to Sevis," If you are looking for what was taken,he has the crudgel." **
Sevis Goloens: "I dont think she is mad about this or she would be going after me"
** Thom shrugs at Sevis upseeing that the ghost paid him no attention. **
(1189) Joe (exit): 22:01
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well what else has been taken?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " It is not like I can watch all you scavengers."
(1181) Nosheeth (enter): 22:03
(1179) DM: The spirit grimaces at Jarvis and attempts to strangle him. (AC 16, touch attack)
Jarvis: ((Hit))
** Jarvis gasps for air as the spirit chokes him. **
(1174) Morti: (even with mage armor.. too bad)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
Jarvis: ((Oh, hang on...))
Jarvis: ((Mage Armour, I'd forgotten. Does that apply? if so, it missed))
(1174) Morti: (yes it would...)
Jarvis: ((Sorry, slipped my mind.))
Atross: ((Heh, yeah, for ghosts it does))
(1179) Delaina's shade: All you men are the same! You will know pain beyond your dreams, live one!
Jarvis: ((Ah, shite. No it wouldn't Crap, sorry, blonde moment. Hit))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [7,-1] = (6)
(1179) DM: (4, Jarv)
(1176) Donovan has sent you a tree node...
** Jarvis makes a gargling noise, gasping for air. Even as he does, his form begins to shrink, and feathers erupt from his skin and clothing ((Wild Shaping into an eagle)) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
(1179) DM: (26, Sev)
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, earth to DJ, come in DJ :)
(1181) Nosheeth (exit): 22:11
** Sevis Goloens looks at the ghost woman and shrugs not knowing how to deal with psicotic ghosts **
(1174) Morti: (can we hear them downstairs?)
Sevis Goloens: (( delay ))
(1179) DM: (I've been making Listen checks, and so far no)
(1179) DM: (20, Thm)
Thom: "I am sorry about this, but if you won't talk with us..." he says, as he draws out the Sword of Sylarie and moves next to Jarvis, striking at the ghost woman.
Thom: Sword of Sylaire attack: [1d20+14] -> [8,14] = (22) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(1179) DM: As soon as the sword is drawn, it begins to glow an intense amber radiance and sends forth a keening cry of joy....
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [16,-1] = (15)
** (1174) Morti stands around in the office, fiddling with the twisted metal piece as he looks through paperwork curiously **
whispering to Morti, you heard that now lol
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
Thom: "What the??"
whispering to Donovan, well, you did hear something, lol
Thom: (( oh oh - change action then... ))
(1174) Morti: "Eh?" :looks up at the ceiling, a second before taking off from the office to head upstairs:
** Thom moves to attack, but as his sword glows and cries, he pauses, to amazed at what is happening to strike. **

 (1179) DM: (to the others): Sounds of combat can be heard coming from above you.
(1179) DM: (hit btw)
** Atross looks up from the ledger at Morti's sudden exit, "What?" **
** (1179) Delaina's shade recoils slightly from being struck by the now keening amber sword, crying out, "The pain!" **
Thom: (( ok - go with original action then... I'll just have an amazed look on my face afterwards. :P ))
(1179) Delaina's shade: (19, Dael)
(1179) DM: Struck by the sword, she lets loose her grasp of the druid's neck.
** (1196) Daelan La'neral brings his bow to aim,then realizing that he can see through the creature,lowers his bow,knowing there is little he can do. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: (done)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " I do not think my arrows will do any harm to it."
** (1179) Delaina's shade attempts to seize her quarry, with an enraged appearance on her face, but misses. (AC 9, touch attack) **
(1179) Delaina's shade: (4, Jarv)
** Jarvis tries to fly through the ghost, biting and scratching as he goes ((2 Talons: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14), [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4), Bite [1d20-2] -> [5,-2] = (3))). Once through, he tries to land on the nearest desk or table. **
(1179) DM: (end of this round, Morti will appear at the entrance to the bedroom)
(1179) DM: The attacks against the mostly incorporeal spirit don't appear to have damaged it much...
whispering to Morti, init pls
(1174) Morti: init: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(1179) DM: (26, Sev)
** (1174) Morti comes to the doorway, gawking dumbly... "Uh... who's that?" **
** Sevis Goloens calls out "Delaina Stop please we ment you no hard not did we intend to invade your privacy" (Diplomacy) **
Sevis Goloens: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
** (1179) Delaina's shade pauses momentarily, still furious. "Why should I spare your miserable lives? Where were you when Cronenth slew me and drove Valsina away?" **
(1174) Morti: :cocks his head: "I wasn't even born yet."
Sevis Goloens: "Who is Cronenth, we just arived at the trading post, we had heard rumors about something bad going on here so we came to investigate"
(1179) Delaina's shade: (warily) "Don't toy with me. You have the letter. He must have sent you to retrieve it."
(1211) Norfirion (enter): 22:26
(1212) Nosheeth (enter): 22:27
Sevis Goloens: "No we found it up stairs, if you want to keep it you can, we did not know you were here"
** Atross found the F12 macro key **
** Atross follows Morti's apparent flight from the study saying to those still there, "It's not safe to let him go off alone in here." **
Sevis Goloens: "Jar give her back the letter you found please"
** Jarvis hops down off the table, and resumes his human form. He takes a letter from his backpack, and holds it out to the ghost. **
** (1179) Delaina's shade appears to be slightly mollified. "Croneneth...that beast. Dineon Croneneth was his name, and he was the captain of this trading post, by the command of the Duke of Wysos. He was my husband, until he slew me in one of his rages. He then took a second wife and slew her in a matter of months. And a third wife, but then she fled before he could lay a hand on her." **
** Thom sheathes the Sword of Sylarie to put the spirit at ease.and listens to the story. **
(1174) Morti: :blurts thoughtlyessly: "What a creep."
Thom: "And did you help get her to flee by having her find the place haunted?" he asks, but in a gentle and unassuming tone.
(1179) Delaina's shade: A paladin -- his name I do not know, save that he wears the crest of House Seybeok, an ancient family of Gwythnecht, arrived here at Strathern Point one month ago. He challenged Dineon to a duel. Dineon took the bet and would have lost were he not a dishonorable man and tried to backstab the paladin in a fit of pique. The knight slew Dineon, gutted him and disposed of him in a way I know not. It was then that he and Valsina left this place."
Sevis Goloens: "They left not long ago?"
(1174) Morti: "Isn't that a good thing?"
(1179) Delaina's shade: Now Dineon has arisen again. I do not know where he is here, but the walls reek of his evil. I am sorry for having attacked you, but when I saw the letter in your hands, I assumed the worst.
(1179) Delaina's shade: Ays, a month ago.
Jarvis: "He is risen? In flesh, or in spirit?"
** (1174) Morti scratches at his covvered neck, apparently picking at something beneath his scarf **
Thom: "Now it starts to make sense then. The travelers spoke of magic, which must have to do with this Dineon's recent rising."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " If it is the thing that has killed those outside,I would have to say in flesh,or atleast in flesh when he attacks."
Thom: "Do not worry about us Madam, you believed us to be with that evil beast. I just hope that my sword did not hurt you too badly."
** Sevis Goloens looks at the others, "We should check on Rhian, to make sure she is safe. Then we should try to find this Dineon and put him to rest permenatly" **
(1179) Delaina's shade: If you could rid this world of his evil, you will have done much and laid me to rest.
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Any idea where this Dineon is?"
Thom: "Then we shall do so. Evil such as his should be eliminated, period. Madam, you say that you don't know where he is, but can you tell where he has been recently? Or, are there areas where his evil stench is stronger?"
(1212) Nosheeth (exit): 22:40
(1179) Delaina's shade: Somewhere here, inside the post.
(1179) Delaina's shade: Towards the river. I thank you and shall hold you to your promise. (lowering her hands)
Sevis Goloens: "I will be back"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Any idea what it looks like?"
** Sevis Goloens heads out to check on Rhian and bring her back in so she can know whats going on as well **
Thom: "And I appologize for attacking you. We will see this through, so that you may go and rest peacefully."
Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(1179) DM: (correction, when the game began, people were in room 2a, not room 2)
(1217) God (enter): 22:43
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, Rhian and Drenla are in the coach, conversing. Maximillian is by her feet.
(1217) God (exit): 22:44
** Jarvis raises his brow to Thom. "Actually, she attacked us" **
** Thom turns to his companions, with a slightly twisted grin. "Let's go destroy this evil, shall we?" **
(1174) Morti: :fidgets a bit before working up to the oh so important question:"Um... how dangerous is this guy anyway?"
Jarvis: (To Morti) "He took out a trading post. Do you need more information?"
(1179) Delaina's shade: He is utterly evil, and has very little if any, honor left within him.
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Actually she attacked you Jarvis,you had something that did not belong to you."
** Thom glances at Jarvis, 'And thus, I had to attack her to free you. I wish I could have found a different way, but I did not. Therefore, I appologized." **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " See this is what happens when you steal from the dead."
** Jarvis shrugs. "The dead rarely have need of their belongings. They also rarely try to reclaim them. Let's just slay the evil, shall we?" **
Thom: "I agree. We were looking for answers, and now have them - along with the name of the evil here."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Yes but what happens when the next dead person wants what was taken?"
** Thom begins to walk back down to the entrance, leaving the room. **
Thom: (( entrance being room 1 ))
(1220) Nosheeth (enter): 22:50
** (1196) Daelan La'neral follows Thom," With this newest evil being a dead thing,I do not know how much help my bow will be,hard to kill what is already dead." **
** Jarvis follows. "A bear's claws work on flesh, whether it's dead or living" **
(1179) DM: (2b, you've not been yet)
** Atross catches Morti and tries to catch up with what happened. **
Thom: "Well, you will just have to try nonetheless I guess. But first, we have to find this thing."
** Sevis Goloens comes back in with Rhian and Drenla in tow **
Thom: "Good, backup will help. You fill them in Sevis." he says, when we sees Drenla and Rhian with him.
Thom: (( *Sevis? ))
Sevis Goloens: "I filled them in, lets start by exploring the rest of this Trading post"
(1179) Drenla: He already has.
** (1174) Morti stands in the doorway, unpertubed by the ghostly woman, as he pets Moiraine with one hand and picks some dead skin from under his scarf with the other **
** Thom nods to Sevis and Drenla. "Good. Let's find us this evil then." Thom's hand absently reaches down to rest on the hilt of the shortsword on his waist. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Finding it may be easier than disposing of it."
Thom: "Maybe so, but one step at a time."
Jarvis: "Indeed. Do any of you have any spells that would be of use against the dead?"
** Thom heads back through the rooms they visited earlier (2a and 2) to make sure he didn't miss any passageways. **
Atross: "Undead are generally resistant to being put down, in some way or another."
Sevis Goloens: "I can try punching or kicking it, I may get licky and hit it if it is Incaporial, if it is solid I'll hit it just fine"
Jarvis: "Hitting it does not mean harming it"
(1224) No Name (enter): 23:00
Sevis Goloens: (( going to restart open since I cannot see the map ))
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " For all we know,this evil thing could be one of those Ghoulhams that we faced not to long ago."
Sevis Goloens: Disconnecting from server...
(1170) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 23:01
(1225) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 23:01
(1174) Morti: :glances down to Moiraine in his pocket: "This could be dangerous, we better get you tucked away safe.: " From his pouch, he pulls a gilt neddle and a piece of fine cloth. He pin it within his interior pocketwhile muttering indecipherable incantations (Familiar pocket) :Moving the ktten from one pocket to the other, he assures, you should be safe in there
(1174) Morti: :looking up to the others: "So.... are we going hunting now?"
Jarvis: "I do think we should have some plan before we charge blindly into a battle"
** (1225) Dj Gilcrease starts heading down the stairs, keeping silent and defencive **
** Atross comments calmly, "If it has a body, taking it apart usually works. Break bones, cut flesh, that sort thing. If it doesn't have a body... well, it probably will take some luck." **
** Thom has gone off into the room with the desk already. **
(1224) No Name (exit): 23:05
(1174) Morti: :to Atross: "If it is a ghost it can be hurt by magicks and magicked weapons."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " If it does not have a body,there is very little I can do."
(1174) Morti: :following out of rht room he adds: "Though we should still be careful"
** Jarvis laughs. "I have no magicked weapons, and my magick is more... Defensive in nature. Perhaps if I could rest, I could get some more useful spells" **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral follows along behind the others **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19)
(1174) Morti: :To Jarvis: "You can borrow my dagger if you like."
** Jarvis laughs. "Thankyou, but in my human form I am no warrior. That is why I use my animal forms" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [19,20] = (39)
Atross: "I suppose it has to have some kind of physical portion to have an effect on physical things; that would be why it can be hurt with no body."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " I would give you my bow Earth Father,but no Edan shall touch my bow,not in this life or the next."
Jarvis: "Unless it uses the bodies of others to kill"
(1179) DM: (just checking that only Thom is in room 2?)
** Jarvis chuckles at Daelan. "That's fine. I am no archer, either" **
Thom: (( as far as I know... ))
(1174) Morti: "Now... Which way is the river she mentioned."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Then perhaps it is best if you stay in the rear and heal those who will need it."
** Jarvis nods. "Perhaps. We shall see how effective my forms will be against it" **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " The only river is the one outside where the dead were Morti."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " As you will Jarvis."
(1174) Morti: "Oh.. I thought she meant one flowed into the building or something."
(1174) Morti: :offers dumbly:
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " It may,but I would have to say it would be underground if it did Morti."
(1179) DM: (ok, so Morti, Jarvis and Daelan are with Thom then, in room 2)
(1174) Morti: (in the hall between 2a anad 1, can we see the sairs heading down to 5?)
(1179) DM: (this is for those people in room 2): the door (to 2b) opens to reveal what appears to be an empty closet.
(1179) DM: The floor is curiously made of stone.
Sevis Goloens: (( apperantly I am the only one heading down the stairs ))
(1179) DM: (k)
** Thom sticks a foot into the closet and carefully prsees down on the stone. **
(1174) Morti: (oh.. so... probably see Sevis heading down them...)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(1174) Morti: :calls down the hall: "Oi.. Sevis.. do you hear a river down there?"
** Sevis Goloens cals back "I hear flowing water" **
(1179) DM: Several things happen (to ppl in room 2)
** (1196) Daelan La'neral looks into the room just as Thom presses down on the stone floor. **
Thom: (( if Morti can see Sevis, he's not in 2... ))
(1174) Morti: :calls into room 2, "I think he found the river"
(1174) Morti: (Morti's int he hall, by the doorway to 2a
Thom: (( ahh, got it. ))
(1179) DM: As Thom gingerly steps inside the closet, a thick plate as wide and as long as the closet shoots out of the opposite wall with great speed and strikes his shin, tripping him forward onto a bed of spikes.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d8] -> [7,8,2] = (17)
Thom: "Damnation!" he cries out as he falls onto the spikes.
** (1196) Daelan La'neral tries in vain to grab Thom as he falls forward onto the spikes. **
(1174) Morti: "Eh?" :flinches at the pained yet well spoken, cry of pain: "Thom..?"
(1232) Sir Jam (enter): 23:21
(1232) Sir Jam (exit): 23:22
Jarvis: ((I've just got to restart Open. brb))
Jarvis: Disconnecting from server...
(1177) Jarvis (exit): 23:23
(1233) ticattack (enter): 23:24
** Thom looks around himself, studying the situation he's gotten himself into. After looking at the spikes that are slightly impaling him as he lays there, he decideds moving on his own won't work. "So.. can anyone give me a hand up?" **
(1174) Morti: :not wanting to leave the hall while he stilll listened fro Sevis, calls into the room: "Oi, what happened in there?"
** (1196) Daelan La'neral reaches down and pulls Thom up off the spikes. **
Thom: (( did that describe it properly Stan? I've having a hard time visualizing tonight apparently. :P ))
(1223) Eh'lani (enter): 23:27
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Thom has apparently triggered a trap Morti."
(1220) Nosheeth (exit): 23:27
(1174) Morti: "Is he alright?"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well he is breathing,so I guess he is alright."
** Thom gets up with Daelan's aid and looks back into the closet for a moment. "I'll be back." he mutters as he heads out to the hallway, still mumbling to himself. **
** (1174) Morti eyes Thom with some worry as he approaches, taking in his wounds. **
Thom: "Yeah, I'm ok. A little banged up, but nothing too bad."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps next time,you will check to make sure there are no traps Thom."
Thom: "It was just a trapped closet. Probably had some imteresting items in it, but not the path we are looking for."
(1179) DM: ((mm hmm :) ))
(1174) Morti: "Right then.. I'm gonna go catch up with Sevis"
Jarvis: "Are you hurt? I have a couple of healing spells, if you need them"
** (1174) Morti nods to the rogue with a relieved grin onhis mask and heads off downstairs **
** Thom pointingly ignores Daelan's comment. **
Thom: "Save them, I've had worse. And we will be needing them later for sure."
** Thom follows Morti. **
** Jarvis nods. "Very well" **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral checks out the closet,looking for anything unusual,not entering it just yet. **
Atross: "I guess he'll be lurking in the depths of this place. Maybe he likes the dark?"
(1174) Morti: :As he heads down the stairs, the little mage draws a bit of cured leather from his pocket, gesturing it about himself and muttering stern words, before annointing ti to himsefl causing a brief flash of purplish blue light to form about his body before dissapaerina (mage armor)
(1220) Nosheeth (enter): 23:35
(1174) Morti: "Oi, Sevis... where are you?"
** Thom walks alongside Morti, keeping his eyes alert to his surroundings as the mage walks. **
** (1174) Morti continues down the steps, keeping his eyes and ears open for the monk, or anything else **
Thom: (( brb, bio ))
Sevis Goloens: (( I need to go AFK for a bit. I have to run to the store ))
** Atross follows down the stairs with his bow held ready. **
Thom: (( back ))
(1179) DM: (Sevis is near the bottom of the stairs)
Thom: (( so - these are the stairs that run alongside 4, towards 5 - right? ))
(1179) DM: Something wooden shatters in the passage at the bottom of the stairs. (only Sevis, Morti and Thom can hear this)
(1174) Morti: (.. until he is sucked into player limbo right before our eyes. Dun-dun-DUN!!))
(1179) DM: (and Atross)
(1179) DM: (yes)
(1174) Morti: :hearing the shattering, Morti moves faster to see what's happened:
** Thom quickly draws out the Sword of Sylaire with one hand and speeds up enough to be a step ahead of Morti. **
Thom: (( or not, since he speeds up as well. ))
(1179) DM: As expected, the sword emits a keening cry of joy as it's unsheathed, its amber radiance shining forth once more.
** Atross hurries after the others, wondering when he started letting Morti lead them around. **
** Thom glances at the sword, not used to this new found ability. **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral turns and leaves the closet,moving towards the stairs,following the tracks of the others. **
(1179) DM: This (area 5) (only for Morti, Sevis, Atross and Thm's benefit, fyi) appears to be a storeroom of some sort. Or was a storeroom. A pair of grossly disfigured creatures are in the center of this 30' square room, busily destroying its contents. Three doors stand closed to the far right wall, a pair of doors are closed at the opposite end (to 7) and a door stands slightly ajar at the far left wall (to 5d).
(1174) Morti: :upon siting the creatures: "Hey, that stuff better belong to you if you're gonna be breaking it!"
** Thom stares at the creatures for a moment. **
(1179) DM: (only for Morti's, Sevis, Atross' and Thom's benefit) One creature is of human height, in the front of its disc-like head is a single horn. It has one small sunken eye and tiny slits for nasal passages. A bristled mane runs down the length of its back, ending in a swishing barbed tail. Drool leaks from a tooth filled maw. It methodically smashes wooden crates with its short, thick arms and taloned hands.
(1179) DM: A second creature, has a bald wedge-shaped head, resting on the end of a long thick neck. It has large round blank-white eyes open above a mouth containing many small fangs. It hunches over, supported on short bowed legs, but its arms are long and thick, ending with pincered hands.
(1179) DM: At hearing Morti, the creatures look up and chuckle with glee, as they leap to the attack.
(1179) DM: (init)
(1174) Morti: init [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)
Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
** Atross raises his bow at the creatures and asks unhopefully, "Seen any mean undead down here?" **
Thom: "Infernal beasts.." Thom mutters in annoyance at the creatures.
(1179) DM: (23, the creatures)
(1179) DM: The first creature rears back and emits a stream of spittle at you (Reflex)
Thom: Reflex: [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15)
Atross: Reflex: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(1174) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
Thom: (( well - this is going to be a quick fight with those kinds of rolls... ))
(1174) Morti: (wow.. all 3 and lower. what'rethe chances?)
(1179) DM: The second closes in directly at Thom and begins to slash and hack.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4] -> [4,3] = (7)
(1179) DM: (7 acid damage from the spittle)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16),[1d20+10
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17),[1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
(1179) DM: It claws Thom twice and attempts to seize his sword arm, trying to bite a chunk of flesh off (AC 16, 17 and 22 respectively)
Thom: (( one hit ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d4] -> [2,2] = (4)
(1179) DM: (12, Atr)
Atross: ((Range to targets, just to be clear?))
(1179) DM: ((2nd creature in melee range with Thom, first creature 10' away))
** Atross fires on the offending spitter, establishing ranged superiority. **
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1] -> [1,9,5,2,1] = (18)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1] -> [4,9,5,2,1] = (21)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 2: [1d20+4+5+2+1] -> [11,4,5,2,1] = (23)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1+1] -> [1,3,2,1,1] = (8) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1+1] -> [1,3,2,1,1] = (8) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
Atross: "That aught to teach you to spit on people you don't know."
(1179) DM: (checking rules question, sec)
Thom: (( k ))
(1244) Sin (enter): 00:06
(1244) Sin (exit): 00:06
(1174) Morti has sent you a tree node...
(1179) DM: You DID hurt it. Well, how much remains to be seen, but it doesn't seem to have so much noticed the arrows as scratch its hide out of annoyance.
(1179) DM: (12, Thom)
** Thom gets rushed by one of the creatures, and in his attempt to avoid the attacks, Thom misses seeing the acid flying at him. Unfortunately, the acid also caused him a momentarly lapse and allowed the other creature to bite him. "Bite this!" he screams at the one that bit him and swings the glowing Sword of Sylaire at the creature a couple times in two quick motions. **
Thom: Sword of Sylaire attack: [1d20+14] -> [13,14] = (27) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
Thom: Sword of Sylaire 2nd attack: [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(1179) DM: (yes to both)
(1179) DM: It leaps back a foot or so (AOO provoke), stung by the gashes that appear on its arm.
** Thom swishes his sword back around to try and catch the creature as it moves. **
Thom: Sword of Sylaire attack: [1d20+14] -> [4,14] = (18) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(1179) DM: (7, Mort)
(1174) Morti: "Say 'ello to mah lil riend" :Morti proclaims(not sure why he puts an accent on it) as he pulls a pouck from his pocket, opening it to reveal a candle within. As he whispers quixotic words to the wax, the wicks burns to life, growing unnaturally bright in an instant before suddenly beign snuffed. The puff of smoke which arises, travels outward in a swift swirling whirlwind,. Coming beside Thom, the small cloud grows and darkens until from it keens a deep raptoral cry. As the smoke dissipates, from it appears a hippogriff, with lusterous brown feathers and a sleek roan hide. (summon monster 3)
** (1179) Rhian Aes Sedai climbs down the stairs carefully with Drenla... **
(1220) Nosheeth (exit): 00:19
(1179) DM: (argh, I have to revise hit point totals)
Sevis Goloens: (( back sorry ))
Thom: (( for the monsters? ))
(1179) DM: ((yes. 3.5 rules are NOT intuitive))
(1174) Morti: As it appears it lashed out at the monsters attacking thom with claw and beak
(1174) Morti: Full attack: Claw: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17) [1d4+4] -> [3,4] = (7), Claw: [1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15) [1d4+4] -> [4,4] = (8), Bite: [1d20+1] -> [19,1] = (20) [1d8+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: INIT: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(1179) DM: (bite is a possible crit)
(1179) DM: (all others are misses)
(1174) Morti: [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+9] -> [8,9] = (17)
(1179) DM: (23, the infernals)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26),[1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15),[1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
(1179) DM: The first creature spews a stream of acidic spittle again. (Reflex Sevis, Thom, Morti and the hippogriff) The second rends its claws at Thom's arm (AC 26), slashes at his face (AC 15) and attempts to bite him again (AC 25).
Thom: Reflex: [1d20+12] -> [15,12] = (27)
(1174) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
Thom: (( two hits ))
(1174) Morti: Reflex: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
(1174) Morti: (2nd reflex is for the hippogriff))
Sevis Goloens: Reflex save: [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19)
(1179) DM: (those work)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+6] -> [2,6] = (8).[2d4+8] -> [4,3,8] = (15)
(1179) DM: (17, Sev)
** Sevis Goloens steps out of the shadows and moves to attack the one that spit acid "Sorry to leave you haning, the sight of them disturbed me" **
Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+16-2] -> [20,16,-2] = (34) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [3,6,3] = (12)
Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+16-2] -> [19,16,-2] = (33) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,3,3] = (11)
Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+13-2] -> [2,13,-2] = (13) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,5,3] = (14)
Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+10-2] -> [12,10,-2] = (20) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [5,1,3] = (9)
Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+7-2] -> [6,7,-2] = (11) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [1,5,3] = (9)
Sevis Goloens: ((Crit check on first attack [1d20+16-2] -> [18,16,-2] = (32)
Sevis Goloens: Damage [2d6+3] -> [6,3,3] = (12)))
Sevis Goloens: (( so 44dmg if a 20 hits, else 35 dmg ))
(1179) DM: The creature falls over, dead.
(1179) DM: (after the game, it would be worthwhile for someone to help clarify 3.5 rules as regards DR please)
** Sevis Goloens unleases a flury of punches and kicks not relenting untill the creature falls over dead **
(1174) Morti: (don't think there's a difference, is there?)
Jarvis: ((Yeah, there is. There's no 5/+1 or whatever, it's just 5/magic, for one))
Atross: (Not functionally, but the amounts and types are.)
(1252) Sir Jam (enter): 00:36
(1179) DM: (DR X/+Y where X and Y are positive integers have been changed to DR X/damage source)
(1179) DM: (we'll talk about it after the game)
(1174) Morti: (hai hai)
Atross: (Bingo, and agreed)
(1179) DM: (12, Atr)
** Atross blinks a moment as the spitter crumples from Sevis's assault and turns his bow on the clawed monster closer at hand. **
Atross: "Hmm, duck?"
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1+1] -> [18,9,5,2,1,1] = (36)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1+1] -> [6,9,5,2,1,1] = (24)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 2: [1d20+4+5+2+1+1] -> [3,4,5,2,1,1] = (16)
(1251) Evil Joe (enter): 00:42
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1+1] -> [1,3,2,1,1] = (8) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1+1] -> [10,3,2,1,1] = (17) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
Atross: (35, total. 10 is fire)
(1179) DM: It keels over dead, by your salvo of arrows.
** (1196) Daelan La'neral walks over to Thom,looking over his wounds." It seems you have a deamon bane sword." **
** Sevis Goloens turns to look at the arrow filled creature "What are these?" **
(1174) Morti: :The Hipogriff gives a screeching cry as the thing falls over dead
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Demons."
** (1179) Drenla leads Rhian by the hand, and comes up just as soon as Atross lowers his bow. "Ah, daemons." (wrinkles his nose) **
** Thom sees the acid coming and easily avoids it, however doing so opened himself up to a couple of the attacks of the other infernal, including a bite that took off a fair amount of flesh with it. Thom stands over the downed fiend in anger. "Stupid Infernals, didn't realize they had no chance," **
** (1174) Morti approaches curiously, as the griff sniffs at the carcass before biting in for a quick meal **
(1179) Drenla: Where there's one daemon, there's usually another.
Sevis Goloens: "There are two here, and they were looking for something"
(1179) Drenla: This (area 5) appears to have been a storeroom, although now most of its contents lie in shattered crates and broken barrels. Several doors lead out of this room.
(1174) Morti: "What would Daemon's want at an outpost?" :asks as he looks about the room
** Atross lowers his bow and moves in to look around the room, glancing around for any intact arrows that went astray, while looking through the supplies still in the room. **
(1179) Drenla: (3 to the right, to 5a, 5b and 5c respectively, two at the far end of the hall, and one on the left, near the pair of doors at the end)
(1179) DM: (I'll edit the log later)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Jarvis,Thom is in need of your healing."
Jarvis: ((Is Jarvis aware of what happened? Sorry, just a bit confused, where is everyone?))
(1196) Daelan La'neral: ( in room 5,just killed 2 deamon)
(1254) Zane (enter): 00:51
(1179) DM: (Jarvis is nowhere near anyone, he's back in room 2)
Jarvis: ((Ok. So, did he hear anything? Or was Daelan yelling?))
(1254) Zane: (( sorry everyone, Open froze... ))
(1251) Evil Joe (exit): 00:52
(1174) Morti: :After a moment, the hippogriff's body begins to fade. It gives a cry raising it's head from it's meal. Seeing it's disappearance, Morti reaches out to scratch the creature's head. "Thank you for coming. I'll get you a bette meal next time." With that the creature's body dissipates into so much smoke
Atross: "Everyone is still alive. These were most likely summoned here, maybe as guards; I don't think they were natives."
Sevis Goloens: "I hope those are not native to this place"
** Thom appears quite injured actually. There is a small chuck of his flesh missing from one of the bites, and numerous scratches all over him, both from the infernals and the trap earlier. **
** (1174) Morti thengoes about sorting through the barrels and crates, trying to find anything of interest to a Daemon, or just out of place.
**

** (1196) Daelan La'neral places his hand on Thoms arm,his hand glows a soft blue [1d8+5] -> [5,5] = (10) CLW. **
** Sevis Goloens runs back up the stairs to find Jarvis ((full run so wont take long)) **
** Jarvis , hearing Daelan's call, rushes over. He sees the fallen demons and looks around. "Er..." Spying Thom, he kneels down beside him, and lays his hands on the wounds. "Be rejunivated". A pale, colourless glow appears around his hand, and heals Thom (Cure Light [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20) **
(1179) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1173) Zane' from room...
(1173) Zane (exit): 00:55
** Thom nods to Jarvis. "Told you those spells would be needed later on." he appears much better off now. **
** Sevis Goloens comes back down after seeing Jarvis in the stairs and begins looking though the boxes "Delaina do you know what these may have been looking for, other then that letter?" **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral continues to look at Thoms sword. **
** Jarvis gives Thoma brief smile, then studies the creatures. "What in the hells are they?" **
(1174) Morti: (door to 5d is open, right?)
(1179) DM: The spirit does not appear to be visible.
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " They were Deamon Jarvis."
Atross: "Aggressive and brutish. And dead."
(1179) DM: (slightly ajar, yes)
Thom: "Infernals, chaotic creatures." he answers Jarvis offhandedly as he also looks over his sword. Noticing Daelan looking at he he asks, "Nice, isn't it?"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Thom,though I am not able to read the runes on your blade,I believe that the reason it glows is because it is a sword meant to kill such creatures.:"
** (1174) Morti moves from scouring the debris to peek through the crack of the door to 5d **
Thom: "Runes? Where?"
** (1196) Daelan La'neral points to the runes on the swords blade **
** Thom looks at the blade of his sword, as if for the first time. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " They are not Quessir or Dwarven."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " A language I am not aware of."
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(1223) Eh'lani' from server... Removing dead client
(1223) Eh'lani (exit): 01:02
Thom: "Well, I'll be. It makes sense, since I got it from a d'Amberville."
(1179) DM: The door slams.
(1179) DM: (btw, there's a flight of stairs leading up across the way from the door to 5d)
(1179) DM: (to 6)
** (1196) Daelan La'neral turns at the noise of the slamming door. **
** Jarvis looks up. "Not more of them..." **
** Thom looks up from his blade, but keeps it out. **
** (1174) Morti jumps back as the door slams in his face **
** Atross looks up from where he was examining a stray arrow lodged in a chunk of wood as the door slams, "Morti poking around some more, of course," he comments mostly to himself. **
** Thom moves over to Morti quickly. "Find something?" **
** (1174) Morti raises his staff, tapping it against the door: "Hey! Who's in there?" **
** Thom stops behind morti and looks at the door.
**

** Jarvis heads towards Morti. "Anything interesting?" **
(1174) Morti: "hmmm..." :looks o the others: "The door just closed in front of me. Someone must be in there... right?"
Thom: "There's something in there for sure, but it seems to be alone.
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Or something."
Jarvis: "Someone... Or something... Or the wind"
Atross: "A trap?"
** (1196) Daelan La'neral looks at Jarvis," The wind?" **
Thom: "No - it's someone or something. Trust me on that."
** Thom reaches down to see if he can open the door. **
Atross: "The wind can do some impressive things, but I don't think there was a draft down here."
(1174) Morti: "Hmmm..." :moves tot he door and raps on it again with his staff, calling out: "We won't hurt you if you come out peafully."
(1174) Morti: (peacefully rather*)
** Sevis Goloens looks up from his seach at hearing something or someone and moves over near the door **
** Jarvis shrugs. "Yeah. My bet's on something too, but... Y'know, you don't have to assume there's some abomination behind every door. You'll give yourself heart problems" **
(1179) DM: Another door slams farther away, and something runs outside...
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well from the sounds of it,it is not the wind,but something on 2 legs running rather fast."
** Jarvis turns and runs towards the sound. "C'mon!" **
(1174) Morti: "Eh...?" :thinking it over Morti turns and takes off running back up the stares toward 1:
Atross: "Sounds hurried, hope there's no traps."
** Sevis Goloens opens the door inorder to follow **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well atleast I can track it,perhaps it is the dwarf that we did not find."
(1179) DM: The door opens to reveal a small outhouse which overlooks the placid river below. Something was here a minute or so ago, something with hooved feet....
(1179) DM: A door (closed) leads outside.
Thom: "What is your deal with dwarves?" he asks as he follows Sevis as quickly as he can, chasing after whatever it was.
** Thom moves to the next door and opens it. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well we did not find him,and he is not a late comer as you Edan are."
(1179) DM: (so you open the door that leads outside then?)
Sevis Goloens: (( yes ))
Thom: (( yep - may be foolish, but I do it. ))
** Jarvis swells rapidly, falls onto all fours, and bursts into brown fur. (Wild Shape Grizzly) He rams through the door. **
** Atross follows Thom closely. **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral waits until the rest have left the room. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Umm Thom,in the closet that was trapped there were 4 locked drawers in there."
Thom: "I know - later." he calls back to the archer.
** (1196) Daelan La'neral smiles **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " You Edan are always in a hurry."
Thom: "Just trying to stop evil."
(1179) DM: In the distance, you can spot a creature -- well it's not difficult -- given that it's 10' tall. It has a large conical head that sports three horns and pointed ears; huge, protruding metallic eyes and a narrow nose, and saw shaped teeth. Its body is stout and wide, while its four legs are long and splay hoofed. It has a clubbed tail, and short, thick arms with equally thick fingers. Armor plates of metal are shaped to fit its russet-red torso. It wields a barbed lance, and it seems to have galloped a fair distance, turning around in a defensive position as if to brace against a charge.
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Sure kill this evil,but let other evil live."
** Thom moves out through the door, stepping to the side of the wall so others can also get out. **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral follows the others,bringing up the rear. **
Atross: "One thing at a time."
** Jarvis turns his massive head around and looks at the others, then looks back to the thing. **
(1179) DM: (the infernal is where the X is)
** Atross steps to the opposite side of the doorway from Thom as he exits, and spies the creature up ahead. **
(1252) Sir Jam (exit): 01:18
Thom: "Dealan, do you have any more healing you can spare before me and my sword go to work on this creature?"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Potions or salves?"
Thom: "The quickest."
** Sevis Goloens continues his chases stoping fifteen feet away "Throw down your weapon and we will not have to slay you" **Slides into a defencive stance and waits** **
** Jarvis moves up just behind Sevis, and emits a thunderous growl, trying to unnerve the creature. **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral hands Thom a salve," Here use this,it can be used 3 times or all at once." **
(1179) DM: It laughs, or more accurately, whickers in amusement.
** Thom quickly uses some of the salve on one of the worst wounds remaining on him. **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral stops in his tracks,looking at the deamon **
** Thom moves up to Sevis' side once he applies the salve, feeling a bit better. **
(1211) Norfirion (exit): 01:22
** Jarvis rises to his rear legs, standing just a foot or so shorter than the demon, and roars as loud as he can, then lands back down on his forepaws, making the ground shake a bit. **
(1260) Norfirion (enter): 01:22
** Thom pulls up the Sword of Sylaire and points it at the creature and smiles. **
Thom: "Are you going to do as my friend asked, or noit?"
Atross: "I'd say something like, 'Your funeral', but I don't expect you'll get one if you insist on a fight."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " I do not think it is going to surrender that easily."
** Thom begins moving around to the creature's side, keeping enough distance to stay out of reach of it's weapon. **
** (1179) Drenla watches from afar, taking note of the creature's movements. **
** Atross begins slowly moving forward to open get more space as people come through the door, awaiting whatever reaction the creature is going to make. **
** Thom frowns slightly, realizing that this one is smarter than the other two. **
** Sevis Goloens stands his ground **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Jarvis if I were you,I would not try and fight it toe to toe."
Thom: "Daelan - you want to destroy evil? Have at it."
(1179) DM: (init)
** (1196) Daelan La'neral brings his bow up,aiming at the creature. **
Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: INIT: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
** Jarvis bellows in challenge. [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21) **
Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
(1174) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
(1179) DM: (27, Thom)
** Thom continues to move around the creature, waiting before going into combat, still feeling a little from the last battle. He ends up on the opposite side from the creature, still 15 feet away from it, but holding a defensive position. **
(1179) DM: (21, Jarv)
** Jarvis charges the creature, and rises, slamming down on it with his razor claws. (([1d20+13] -> [6,13] = (19), [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21))) **
(1179) DM: (miss)
Jarvis: ((A bear has 2 claws. It's BAB is +4, Jarvis has +6/+1. In bear form, does he get 2 or 4 attacks?))
(1179) DM: (2)
Atross: ((2, if he uses natural weapons))
Jarvis: ((Okay, cool. Thanks))
(1179) DM: (!7, Mort)
(1179) DM: (17)
** (1174) Morti continues up the stares, bursting into room one and outside to circling around behind the daemon, a bit out of breath **
(1179) Venrathayde: You shall not stop my master from rising again, mortals! (laughs)
(1174) Morti: (stairs rather)
(1179) DM: (16, Atr)
Thom: "So it speaks, and yet it knows so little. Your master is nothing."
Atross: "We'll just put him back down then, demon!"
** Atross fires a handful of arrows while continuing his slow advance (Just 5 feet) **
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1] -> [8,9,5,2,1] = (25)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1] -> [8,9,5,2,1] = (25)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 2: [1d20+4+5+2+1] -> [14,4,5,2,1] = (26)
(1179) DM: (3 hits)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1] -> [3,3,2,1] = (9) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1] -> [5,3,2,1] = (11) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [1] = (1)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1] -> [5,3,2,1] = (11) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
(1174) Morti: don't worry, I already found a pretty good match for him... same problem, just lacking the scarf
(1174) Morti: (that should've been a whisper, ignore that)
(1179) DM: Your arrows pierce its hide and injure it but perhaps not as severely as its fellows.
(1179) DM: (13, Sev)
** Sevis Goloens jumps forward and rolls coming to stand next to the creature ((Tumble to avoid AAO)) **
Sevis Goloens: Tumble Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [9,16] = (25) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [3,5,3] = (11)
(1179) DM: (one hit)
(1179) DM: You barely injure it.
(1179) DM: It charges Atross (provokes AOO from Sevis)
Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [14,16] = (30) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [2,4,3] = (9)
** Sevis Goloens strikes out as the creature runs by **
(1179) DM: It brings its lance to bear on the bow fighter
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [19,12] = (31)
(1179) DM: (AC 31, threat)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [16,12] = (28)
(1179) DM: (critical)
Atross: (well, that hits)
(1179) DM: As the lance pierces Atross' side, it emits a sickly green cloud of gas that quickly envelops both the creature and Atross in its gaseous folds.
** Atross grimaces in pain as the lance pierces him through his light armor, suddenly short on breath. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
(1263) Trask (enter): 01:45
(1263) Trask (exit): 01:46
(1179) DM: (9, Dael)
** (1196) Daelan La'neral brings his bow up and fires at the creature. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [12,18] = (30) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [7,3,2,0] = (12)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [5,18] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [8,3,6,0] = (17)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [9,18] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [2,3,5,0] = (10)
(1179) DM: It's difficult to guesstimate where Atross is and where the creature is given that both of them are enveloped in a gaseous fog bank.
(1179) DM: (so it basically has a 50% chance of striking one or the other)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: ( I fire where I last saw the creature as it attacked Atross)
** Atross tries to turn the grimace into a dismaying smile but as he takes a breath it instead turns into something looking about twice as painful as before, but apparently nobody but the monster can see it. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [12] = (12)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [97] = (97)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [56] = (56)
Atross: "Hey!"
(1179) DM: The creature screams in pain as well.
(1179) DM: No sign of how badly its injured, as again, both Atross and it are enveloped in a gaseous fog bank.
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Next time duck Atross."
Atross: "I'd say watch where you're aiming, but I'd settle for just not shooting blind maybe."
(1179) DM: (27, Thm)
Thom: "Double damnation!" Thom mutters as the infernal takes off, charging Atross. He takes off after the creature, and pulls up about 5 feet outside the cloud, unable to see inside and unwilling to simply strike out. Instead, he takes a defensive position and waits, trying to peer inside.
Thom: "Atross, get out of there, if you can...."
(1179) DM: After a moment, the vapors begin to slowly fade.
(1179) DM: (21, Jarv)
** Jarvis charges at the now-revealed creature, trying to slash at it again. [1d20+13] -> [1,13] = (14) [1d20+13] -> [1,13] = (14) ((Not including a +2 for charging. I can't remember if you have to be a certain distance away to do so...)) **
** Jarvis swings wildly, almost falling as he does so. **
(1179) DM: (17, Mort)
** (1174) Morti stnads at the top of the stairway, extending his finger, he points to the abyssal beast and spits out quick banging commands before four bolts of blue energy fly off to collide with it's body. Magi Missile [4d4+4] -> [1,3,3,3,4] = (14) **
(1179) DM: It doesn't seem phased by your attack...
(1179) DM: (16, Atr)
(1179) DM: The bolts pierce its thick hide, and yet little does it cease its movements.
Atross: "Luck, that's all it was."
** Atross tries to roll away from the creature's lance (Tumble [1d20+7] -> [16,7] = (23))and fires back a pair of arrows trying to lure it more towards Thom and Sevis. (Getting out of reach and as much towards Thom as possible) **
Atross: Greatbow /w Manyshot Chance to Hit: [1d20+9+5+2+1-4+1] -> [15,9,5,2,1,-4,1] = (29)
Atross: Greatbow /w Manyshot Damage: [1d10+2+3+1+1] -> [3,2,3,1,1] = (10)and [1d10+2+3+1] -> [2,2,3,1] = (8) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [2] = (2) and [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(1179) DM: That provokes an AOO from it, as it charges again.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
(1179) DM: (it misses. 29 hits)
(1179) DM: Something has changed, as this one seems tougher than its fellows. It recoils slightly, but doesn't seem to have been injured as you would have hoped.
(1179) DM: Its steps are slightly slower though.
(1179) DM: (13, Sev)
** Sevis Goloens turns and follows the creature, delivering a powerful blow in an attempt to stun it (Fort save DC21 or be stuned for 1 round, Attackers get +2 and it loses it's dex bonus) **
Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [20,16] = (36) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [6,2,3] = (11)
Sevis Goloens: (( crit check ))
Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [7,16] = (23) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [1,1,3] = (5)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [15,14] = (29)
(1179) DM: (made save)
(1179) DM: It drops its lance and engages Atross in straight melee.
Sevis Goloens: (( still takes damage even if it made save ))
(1179) DM: (I know that)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21),[1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16),[1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19),[1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(1179) DM: (2 fists, 2 hooves, all of which miss)
(1179) DM: (9, Dael)
** (1196) Daelan La'neral fires again at the creature. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [14,18] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [7,3,3,0] = (13)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [16,18] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [8,3,1,0] = (12)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [3,18] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [3,3,5,0] = (11)
(1179) DM: (2 hits)
(1179) DM: The arrows imbed themselves into its thick hide, but again, do little to cause it to cease its attacks.
(1179) Drenla: Enough about this. (mutters and begins chanting)
** (1179) Drenla raises one arm into the sky and makes a passing motion with his other hand, as a massive ice blue sphere of cold fire coalesces into being directly overhead the daemon and drops onto its head, enveloping it in flames. **
(1266) Radrothu (enter): 02:08
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] -> [1,2,6,3,6,6,5,2,4,6] = (41)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
(1179) DM: Struck by the suddeness of the attack, an expression forms on its face for the first time -- fear. (27, Thm)
** Thom makes a quick darting move around Atross to flank the creature, tumbling as he moves to avoid any attacks from the creature. **
Thom: Tumble: [1d20+14] -> [19,14] = (33)
** Thom gets next to the creature and tries to slice into it with the Sword of Sylaire. **
Thom: Sword of Sylaire attack: [1d20+14+2] -> [4,14,2] = (20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [3,5] = (8)
(1179) DM: At the Sword's attack, it radiates even brighter than usual.
(1179) DM: (but misses)
Thom: (( *flank the creature with Sevis that is... ;) ))
(1179) DM: (21, Jarv)
** Jarvis rises up and tries slashing into the beast once more. [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33) , [1d20+13] -> [10,13] = (23) **
Jarvis: Threat: [1d20+13] -> [7,13] = (20) , Damage [1d8+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(1179) DM: And finally, it lies dead at the druid's feet.
(1266) Radrothu (exit): 02:16
Jarvis: ((Aww... I was gonna grapple it and get it in a bear hug))
** Jarvis rises up and bellows in victory. **
(1179) DM: hah
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well it is not the one we were seeking,but tis one less deamon none the less."
** Thom looks down at the fallen beast and spits on it. **
Sevis Goloens: "That one was stronger then the other two, are you alright Atross?"
** Atross presses one hand tightly against his wound, still gripping his bow wtih the other. **
** Thom looks over at Atross. "How are you doing?" **
Atross: "I've been better. Been worse too."
** Thom moves over and offers to apply some slave to his wound. "Believe it or not, this stuff helps." **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral walks over to Atross,looking at the wound from the lance **
Thom: (( *over to Atross ))
Atross: "Guess I struck a nerve though. Think he might have too."
** Jarvis resumes human form. He has a huge grin on his face. "Bear: One, Demon: None. Is anyone hurt?" **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Thom hold on for a moment."
** Sevis Goloens laughs **
** Thom looks to Daelan. "What is it?" **
Atross: "Only a lot, but I'll live for today."
Sevis Goloens: "At least he did hit your sense of humor"
** (1174) Morti comes slowly down the stairs, a tired look on his mask **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " I need to see if the wound has been poisoned."
** Sevis Goloens looks over the corpse of the creature to see if it was carrying anything interesting **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " I have never seen a weapon do that type of thing before."
Atross: "Humor's only thing keeping the pain away, but I'm not gonna try to laugh."
** Thom shrugs. "Go ahead then." **
Atross: "It stank. Really bad."
** Thom turns back to the room that most of them passed through and re-enters it. **
(1179) DM: After a moment, both its corpse and the lance it was carrying begin to bubble and boil away, carrying its essence in noxious smoke that drifts away in the sky.
** Jarvis crouches down beside Atross and places his hand over the wound. "Be rejuvinated" (Cure light [1d8+8] -> [2,8] = (10)) **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " I can not be sure Atross,I do have some anti-venom,but I am not sure if it will help or not."
** Jarvis looks up at drifing corpse-smoke. "Well... That's always a good sign" **
Atross: "I don't think it worked, I should be fine."
Jarvis: "I can check if there's poison in the wound, if you want"
** (1174) Morti drops to a seat on the steps, watching the daemon bubble away. "These things are dang tough." **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " That would be fine Jarvis."
Atross: "Better safe than coughing up blood."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well something tells me that they are going to be stronger each time we face one,until we face the one we are looking for."
** Jarvis studies the wound. "No poison shall escape my gaze". (Detect Poison) **
(1174) Morti: "Is it one of these thing's we're looking for?"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Though if I were you Atross,next time I would not venture so close to the fighting if you are going to continue using the bow."
Sevis Goloens: "If Delaina husband was one of these I think she would have mentioned that"
Jarvis: "If he is now, it does not mean he was always"
Atross: "Eh, a four legged creature like that can cover a lot of ground."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well she said he did rise from the dead."
Sevis Goloens: "Well this thing did say his master was coming, so we better figure out where so we can prevent it, or slay it when it shows up"
(1174) Morti: :shrugs: "All she said was he was 'arisen'. Maybe she didn't think, "by the way he's a big ugly infernal fiend" was too important to mention."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " You did not ask either."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Everyone knows you never trust the dead."
** Jarvis eyes the young wizard, not sure if he's serious or making a joke. (To Daelan) "Ah, I knew I forgot something! I meant to ask her if her husband was a 10 foot tall infernal beast..." **
(1174) Morti: :standing from the steps and heading down back to room 5d: "Well, I suppose we'll know if we find anymore. By the way, Master Drenla, what was that amazing spell you used?" :his mask grins as he heads inside:
** Jarvis turns to hear Drenla's response. "Yes, that was quite impressive" **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well you Edan are learning,though it may take several generations before you understand everything."
** Jarvis takes another quick glance at Thom's wound. "There's nothing here. You're clean" **
** Sevis Goloens shakes his head at Daelan **
(1179) Drenla: A variant of a spell developed by the Magister.
Thom: (( you mean Atross's wound? ))
(1179) Drenla: If you like, I could teach it to you. (smiles)
Jarvis: ((Yes, Atross, sorry))
** Atross follows the others back inside assuring, "I'll try to be more careful in the future anyway." **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral stops near Drenla," You did well Human." **
(1179) Drenla: Quessir.
** (1179) Drenla turns to go inside, shaking his head. **
(1174) Morti: "Eh? Teach that...? to me...?"
** (1196) Daelan La'neral walks back down the stairs and enters the room once more. **
(1179) Drenla: You are long past an apprentice, Morti.
** Jarvis gives a half-smile to Drenla. "Hells, that'd almost be worth a few years study to get myself" **
** Sevis Goloens looks around the room "Delaina are you here?" **
(1174) Morti: :scratches his head a bit nervously: "Past apprentice maybe, but, I've never really gotten a big boom spell before. I wonder if I could really pull that kind of thing off."
(1179) DM: No response.
(1174) Morti: :to Sevis: "Maybe she only stays upstairs.
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " If you doubt yourself Morti,remember this,a child using powerful magick can only spell the downfall of those around him."
Sevis Goloens: "She attacked us here so she can come down here anyways. Does not matter I guess. I was just hoping to get more information"
** Jarvis rolls his eyes. "If you doubt yourself, don't go letting it off in a crowded bar. Go for it. Just... don't practice near me, if you don't mind" **
Sevis Goloens: "Daelan your unending derogitory remarks will only lead to your destruction. Hatred breads hatred, which will corrupt your soul"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well there are 5 more doors for us to look behind,perhaps we will find what we are looking for behind one of them."
** (1174) Morti just gives Jarvis an agreeing nod before venturing back into room 5 **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " I was not being derogitory Sevis,I was merely pointing out that if he doubts himself perhaps he should not take on more spells than he is capable of handling."
** Sevis Goloens heads back down stairs to finish looking though the rooms **
(1179) DM: Three doors stand closed against one wall, and a flight of stairs leads up (to 6).
(1174) Morti: :to sevis: "upstairs?"
Sevis Goloens: "Yes"
** Sevis Goloens heads up the stairs **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral waits until the rest have gone,then follows them up the stairs. **
** Jarvis follows. "Y'know, that ghost could've been lying. I mean, the demons are evil, who's saying she's not. It'd explain why she's not answering..." **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps it is due to the fact we have nothing else of hers."
Sevis Goloens: "Or she fears them, it does not matter"
** Jarvis chuckles. "You might not..." **
** (1174) Morti follows after Sevis upstairs **
(1179) DM: Thom is waiting for you in what appears to be an observatory.
** Thom sits in the middle of the room, his legs crossed. he appears to be meditating, much better than he was in the coach. **
Atross: "She has to have a reason to be here and whatever that reason is we can probably best find somewhere in here, even if she is lying."
** (1196) Daelan La'neral walks around looking at the area around him. **
Jarvis: "Oh, brilliant idea. We've been attacked by multiple abominations, and he" he gestures to Thom "decides to take a nap"
Thom: "She was not lying, as best as I could tell anyway. Ghosts can be difficult to read.
** (1174) Morti looks about the observatory and checks out the view **
(1179) DM: The windows are shuttered, and a circular hardwood table stands beside a very large bronze brazier in the center of the room. A large box holds firewood for the brazier. Maps and charts hang on the walls between the windows. Numerous scrolls and pieces of parchment litter the table.
** Jarvis goes and looks at the maps, seeing if he's familiar with any of the places. **
** Thom opens his eyes to Jarvis. "It was a safe enough place, there are no more creatures in the area." he smiles to the man as he says this, standing. "Besides, I expected you to get here a while ago and got tired waiting." **
(1179) DM: A wooden box lies beneath the brazier. Several pieces of parchment lie scattered on the floor, ripped into pieces.
** Sevis Goloens goes over and attempts to read the parchments and scrolls **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral goes around opening the shutters. **
** Jarvis looks at the pieces, withot moving them, trying to get an idea of what they said. **
** (1174) Morti searches among the scattered papers curious of their content **
(1179) DM: Daylight floods the chamber.
** Thom stands up, stretching and looking around again. He moves over to a shuttered window and tries to open the shutters. **
Thom: (( or not, apparently to slow... :P ))
Sevis Goloens: "Why were you sitting in the middle of the room anyways Thorn?"
Thom: "Waiting for you all to get here, I figured you would check this place out, and it was a safe enough place for me to meditate for a little while."
** (1196) Daelan La'neral looks out the window,taking in the area outside. **
** Jarvis shuffles through the papers. "Fairly standard. Trade papers, mostly. Why would anyone rip them up?" **
** Thom looks out the windows as well momentarily. **
Atross: "Because they aren't what they were looking for."
Sevis Goloens: "So whats the Brazire for?"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps they were looking for a key,there were 4 locked drawers in the room that was trapped."
Atross: "Signal fire probably. Maybe just a signal."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Burning,either wood or incense Sevis."
Thom: "For someone that talks about the wrongs of stealing from the dead, you seem fixated on those drawers Daelan."
Sevis Goloens: "I know what one is generaly for, but this just seems like a srage place for it"
** (1174) Morti looks over the brazier wondering if there are any hints of arcane use to it. **
Thom: "Sevis, I have a strange request of you, if you don't mind."
Jarvis: "Don't some arcane dealies use braziers?"
Sevis Goloens: "Sure"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well there are only a few more doors that we need to open,once we have done so,perhaps an answer may be found in one of the locked drawers."
Sevis Goloens: "Rquest away Thorn"
Thom: "Would you look at these markings?" he holds up the Sword of Sylaire and points out the rune markings on the blade. "These markings have to do with the d'Ambervilles, so I was curious if you might somehow be able to make sense of them.
Sevis Goloens: "Sure I can try"
** Sevis Goloens examins the blade **
** Sevis Goloens attempts to read the runes **
Jarvis: "Can anyone think of anything strange about salt, wool or fledd?"
(1174) Morti: "Yes.. what's fledd?"
(1174) Morti: "Fake Lead?"
Jarvis: "It's a white flake. Like tea"
Jarvis: "Put it in boiling water, drink it"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " I have been told salt can be used to bind certain beasts."
Thom: "Sounds like something you'd trade. Makes sense for a trading post to me. Why?"
Sevis Goloens: "It's a poem or song about the creation of the blade"
** Jarvis shrugs. "I was just trying to work out if there was some reason these would be torn up" (To Daelan) "You could be onto something. There's certainly evil beasts about" **
** Sevis Goloens begins reciding the verses on the blade **
** Thom turns back to Sevis. "Really? Continue, please." **
Sevis Goloens: Forged of fire in ways of Light,
Where Dark shall never come,
The One that cuts to deepest core,
The evil is undone.

From rivers fast came quenching thirst
To hiss and spit and boil,
In deepest fires the En'nil smiths
Worked in endless toil.

Ringrist was forged that eve of death
To rally and to fight,
That which had gone, has come again,
A Dark and evil might.

A blade so bright and filled with Light,
And forged of living rock,
A blade that glows where coldness flows,
To fight and never stop

Sevis Goloens: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
Thom: "Wow, I had no idea. Thank you so much Sevis."
Atross: "So the sword is Ringrist?"
Thom: "Sounds like it to me."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " You would not have known had I not noticed them Thom."
Sevis Goloens: "Yes, it seems it is made to fight a powerful evil"
** Thom holds his hand out for the blade. **
Thom: "Yes Daelan, and I thank you for that."
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps it is one of the swords of the circle."
Sevis Goloens: "I remember something about it, give me a second to think"
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " It is an ancient sword,it has to be,due to the fact that I have not heard of it."
** Thom gives Sevis time, awaiting to hear more. **
Atross: "Well, it could just be from somewhere distant."
Sevis Goloens: "It can only be found by an elfborn and a man born of woman. The sword will test its user when its user least expects it. It takes the shape of the weapon its wielder is most suited to wield. "Found" by the way, is a term used loosely. It may be that this sword is Ringrist, and it was found by Daelan who noticed the runes and mentioned it to Thom."
Sevis Goloens: "It is from my world, so you would not have heard of it Daelan, even if you think you know everything you do not"
Thom: "And to think, I thought it was best on werewolves."
** Sevis Goloens hands the sword back to Thorn **
(1179) DM: (who can go on? up to you, otherwise we'll stop here)
(1174) Morti: (I can keep going)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: ( I can keep going)
Sevis Goloens: (( I am good for a little longer ))
Jarvis: ((I'm good, but if you need sleep, whatever))
** Thom gently takes Ringrist. "Guess I shouldn't call you the Sword of Sylaire anymore, since you are much more than that." he mutters, but then noticing that everyone is watching him talk to a weapon, he stops talking and just looks over the blade. **
Thom: (( I'm good for a bit too. ))
Jarvis: ((brb, grabbing a drink))
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well there are some more doors downstairs that we need to check,after all you did promise a ghost to vanquish the evil here."
(1174) Morti: "Wow... you're sword has a name." :comes closer to inspect the blade: "Can it talk too?"
Thom: "Yes, although there was nothing waiting immediately behind them earlier. They might lead somewhere where something awaits.
** Sevis Goloens nods and heads back downstairs **
Thom: "Uhh, not that I know of Morti. At least, it hasn't yet."
** Thom follows Sevis back downstairs. **
** Atross heads back downstairs as well. **
(1174) Morti: "Hmmm.... wonder how it told people it's name then." :sounds serious as he follows sevis downstairs:
** Jarvis follows **
(1179) DM: Suddenly, there is a soundless explosion of heat and light in the observatory.
(1260) Norfirion (exit): 03:13
(1174) Morti: "Eh?" :looks back at the sudden burst:
** Thom spins back at the appreance of light. **
** Sevis Goloens spins around at the flash of heat **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral stands there and watches the light,since he has not left the room yet. **
(1269) Norfirion (enter): 03:14
** Jarvis spins around. "What in the...?" **
(1179) DM: A column of fire appears in the observatory where none was before
** Atross looks back up the stairs from the sudden brightness, shielding his face from the heat. **
(1179) DM: A tall, muscular man with gray skin stands in front of the brazier, wielding a large, jagged sword with sharp teeth. His back is to you.
** (1196) Daelan La'neral quickly notches an arrow **
(1179) Dineon Croneneth: I LIVE!!!!!!!
(1174) Morti: "Um.... hello...?" :grips his staff with some worry:
** Jarvis covers his eyes, then opens them and looks at the man. (Whispering) "Should I be going bear again?" **
(1179) Dineon Croneneth: Valsina, I come for you! (evil laughter)
Sevis Goloens: "Woulf you be Dineo Croneneth?"
** (1179) Dineon Croneneth turns around, and grins. "Why, yes. And you shall die!" **
** Jarvis looks at Sevis and rolls his eyes. "No, he's the village barkeep" **
(1174) Morti: "Do we have to?"
Atross: "He's humanoid enough; closer than the rest have been."
Thom: "I think not foul beast."
(1179) DM: His face is a death's head with a leering rictus grin. (all within 30' which is the party, Fort save)
(1174) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
Sevis Goloens: Fortitude save: [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26)
Thom: Fortitude: [1d20+7] -> [11,7] = (18)
Atross: Fortitude: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
Jarvis: Fort: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Fortitude save: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
(1179) DM: Morti dies.
Jarvis: ((... Keh?))
(1174) Morti: *plop*
(1179) DM: (init)
** Sevis Goloens looks at Morti **
Jarvis: Init: [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: INIT: [1d20+2] -> [8,2] = (10)
Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
Sevis Goloens: "What the in the name of the seven hells was that?"
Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
Thom: "Morti!!" he cries out as the mage crumbles, distracted enough to be moving a little slower than usual.
** (1179) Dineon Croneneth throws back his head and laughs maliciously. **
(1179) DM: (25, Atross)
Atross: "Morti...!?"
** Atross raises his bow, firing as he backs away for a change. **
Atross: "Already promised I'd put you down, now I'll kill you twice."
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1] -> [9,9,5,2,1] = (26)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1] -> [16,9,5,2,1] = (33)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 2: [1d20+4+5+2+1] -> [3,4,5,2,1] = (15)
(1179) DM: (2 hits)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1] -> [8,3,2,1] = (14) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1] -> [6,3,2,1] = (12) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
Atross: (37 damage, 11 is fire)
** (1179) Dineon Croneneth screams as he steps away from the column of fire, as the arrows from Atross' bow strike his flesh. You can see rays of sunlight piercing his gray cold skin, burning him, literally boiling away patches of dead flesh underneath. **
(1179) DM: (recall that Daelan opened the windows in the observatory)
(1179) DM: (23, Sevis)
Thom: (( yeah - we got the power of the sun on our side. ))
** Sevis Goloens runs in and attempts to stun Dineo ((Fort save DC 21)) **
Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [8,16] = (24) ===> Damage: [2d6+3] -> [4,4,3] = (11)
** (1174) Morti lays lifeless, but in sunlight ^_^ **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
(1179) DM: (stunned)
(1179) DM: You barely injure it however.
Thom: (( how far away is he from us? ))
(1179) DM: (13, Thom)
(1179) DM: (30'...)
Sevis Goloens: (( everyone gets +2 to hit and he loses his dex timm my next turn ))
(1270) Radrothu (enter): 03:27
Sevis Goloens: (( till ))
** Thom moves in towards the stunned Dineon as well, moving right up to him and slashing out with Ringrist. **
Thom: Sword of Sylaire attack: [1d20+14+2] -> [20,14,2] = (36) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5+4d6] -> [5,5,6,6,2,3] = (27)
Thom: Crit Check: [1d20+16] -> [9,16] = (25)
(1179) DM: The blade shines forth with an intense amber radiance that causes you to blink in its glare.
(1179) DM: (crit)
Thom: [1d6+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
Thom: [9+27] -> 36 total damage
(1179) DM: Somehow, it's still alive, although it's wounds are grievous.
Thom: "You will die for that!" Thom screams as he slashes easly into the stunned creature.
(1179) DM: (11, Jarv)
** Jarvis swells to twice his size. His skin and clothing erupt in silver-grey fur, and he falls onto all fours. His snout bulges, and long, jagged teeth burst from his mouth. He has become a wolf easily the size of a horse. (Wildshaping into a Dire Wolf) **
Jarvis: ((Done))
(1179) DM: (10, Dael)
** (1196) Daelan La'neral fires at the creature. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [14,18] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [8,3,4,0] = (15)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [1,18] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [3,3,4,0] = (10)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [14,18] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [5,3,3,0] = (11)
(1179) DM: (firing into melee...)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: ( yep)
(1179) DM: (2 hits)
(1196) Daelan La'neral: ( 26 damage)
(1179) DM: It recoils involuntarily, by the force of the arrows, but is still "alive".
(1179) DM: (25, Atr)
** Atross continues shooting of course. **
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1] -> [3,9,5,2,1] = (20)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 1: [1d20+9+5+2+1] -> [11,9,5,2,1] = (28)
Atross: Greatbow Attack Roll 2: [1d20+4+5+2+1] -> [16,4,5,2,1] = (28)
(1179) DM: (3 hits)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1] -> [9,3,2,1] = (15) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [2] = (2)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1] -> [4,3,2,1] = (10) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+1] -> [10,3,2,1] = (16) Fire Damage: [1d6] -> [1] = (1)
(1179) DM: That's enough to kill it.
(1179) DM: It falls head over heels backwards onto the desk, and lies there unmoving.
** Thom sees the creature fall and quickly moves over to Morti's side. "Drenla, can you do anything?" **
** (1196) Daelan La'neral drags the dead thing into the sunlight **
** Sevis Goloens laughs then remembers Morti fell dead at the sight of the thing **
** (1179) Drenla is already bending over Morti's corpse, and looks up, sadly shaking his head. **
(1179) Drenla: The most we can do is to bring him to Wysos and perhaps have him raised there.
** Thom falls to his knees next to Morti. "It's just not right.." **
** Atross slowly lowers his bow as Dineon topples. **
Sevis Goloens: "I am sorry Morti I could not stun it before he looked at you
(1174) Morti: ((and so the last original character falls. He will be mssed))
(1174) Morti: (Now to create my new half-orc barbarian/monk))
(1270) Radrothu (exit): 03:38
(1179) DM: (lol. not so fast)
Thom: "Very well Drenla, we take him with us."
** (1196) Daelan La'neral looks over at the fallen Morti," Well I guess he does not have to worry about his future." **
Sevis Goloens: (( hahaha ))
** Jarvis lunges at the thing as it falls, and tears its limbs and head off. He resumes human form, and spits a bit of something out of his mouth. He bends down beside Morti. "Damnit!" **
** (1179) Rhian Aes Sedai comes by and sits at Morti's side, then bends down and kisses him on his cheek, saying nothing. **
** Jarvis gives Daelan a cold glare, then turns back to the fallen mage. "I may be able to help him, but I would need some materials. Expensive. Not likely to be here" **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " So that was the evil that we needed to vanquish from here?"
Jarvis: (Distractedly) "Apparently"
Thom: "We're done here then. Let's get going. We may find what we need in Wysos, one way or another."
(1179) Rhian Aes Sedai: I know Lord Seybeok. I believe I may be able to do something for your friend.
Thom: "Lord Seybeok? Where is he?"
** Jarvis nods. "How far is Wysos? If it's more than a few days... Well" He gestures at Morti's body. **
(1174) Morti: ((turn him into a half-orc barbarian monk?))
Atross: "Not completely done; I want to make sure the ghost is put to rest at least."
** (1179) Rhian Aes Sedai glances around her. "I hope that she who asked you to kill this creature is at peace, for he is not." (lays her hand on Morti's shoulder) **
Jarvis: ((I can reincarnate. That'll do the half-orc bit. Then just multi-class))
** Atross stalks out of the room and back upstairs, unwilling to look at Morti's corpse longer. **
** (1174) Morti lies dead... but looking pretty peaceful. **
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Well 4 dead Deamons not bad for a days work."
(1179) Drenla: The city is a few days travel from here. Follow the road by the river and it will bring you to the gates. Wysos is not a large city, but it does have a few temples, among them, a temple of Solnor.
** Sevis Goloens looks over the body of Dineo Croneneth to see if he came back with anything that might aid any of us **
Thom: "Daelan, will you and Sevis go with Atross to make sure the spirit is at rest? The rest of us will meet you are the coach."
Jarvis: "Right... A few days. A few days of travel with a corpse. That'll be fun...
(1174) Morti: :His mask has loosened from the suction effect it usually has to his face, seeming a normal piece of material to some of you for perhaps the first time since meeting him
(1179) Drenla: Solnor is not a popular faith in Gwythnecht, and it is for this reason that the city lies within a week's travel of the border.
(1196) Daelan La'neral: " Very well Thom."
(1174) Morti: (How's Moiraine?)
** (1196) Daelan La'neral goes with Sevis and Atross,to look for the ghost **
** (1179) Moiraine pokes her head out of Morti's pouch, and meows pitifully. **
** Jarvis bends down and picks up the cat. **
(1179) DM: Of Delaina, there is no sign.
** Thom sheathes Ringrist and gets Drenla to help him gather up Morti, then has everyone return to the coach. **
Jarvis: "Alright... C'mon, everyone, outside. If she's not going to come willingly, I'll make her come out"
** (1179) Drenla slowly leads Rhian out, comforting her. **
Thom: (( or I get Morti by myself... ))
(1179) DM: (and on this note, we'll stop)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms