Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
7 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
7 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(362) Daelan La'neral: ((God is nothing more than dog spelled backwards.))
(354) DM: (so does anyone need a recap?)
(366) Jarvis: Just in case you missed it in the mildy blasphemous chatter: "Ok, now when's this mini-camp happening? Still on saturday, or...?"))
(359) Morti: (and that's why dog's can lick their own privates)
(356) Zane: (( But those of us with alternate PCs use those PCs, just bumped up. The main talk will be for those that don't have alternates, right? ))
(354) DM: (oh yes, it begins 2 Saturdays from now. basically the mini camp means that we have a session every weekend, except that the subject matter will alternate between the regular Sat camp and the mini-camp)
(359) Morti: (just a scene setting. I know we're a day's travel from Gwynthech. That's about it)
(354) DM: (correct Zane)
(354) DM: (so no game next weekend, and the following Sat is the first session of the mini-camp)
(356) Zane: (( k ))
(356) Zane: (( and then alternate main camp and mini camp? ))
(366) Jarvis: ((Ok, and those without alts level up these chars, or make whole new ones?))
(354) DM: (yes)
(354) DM: ((those without alts make whole new ones))
(359) Morti: (so we're going to be trading between our game and the mini-camp everyother week? or is it like running them parallel?
(354) DM: (mmm, you could say that. parallel camps. lol)
(359) Morti: or... every other other week
(358) Atross: (We will be trading between main and mini-camp every week.)
(366) Jarvis: ((I've got to go AFK a moment, but start. I'll be flying around as an eagle))
(354) DM: (the regular Sat camp occurs on an every other week schedule and the mini-camp occurs in between)
(358) Atross: (The mini camp will be played every other week, as will the normal, different weeks)
(356) Zane: (( excpet that one camp will be mainly those in the past, and the others in the present, but that present will be future of the main camp timeline... :P ))
(354) DM: oh hush
(354) DM: heh
(358) Atross: ((Just don't try to explain right now, please)
(366) Jarvis: ((Erm... Does anyone have a ring of +20 Int, because I think I need it...))
(359) Morti: so... we'll still have a game every saturday, but it will trade off between our regular characters and the mini-camp?
(356) Zane: (( ok - enough of that. We ready with the main campaign then? ;) ))
(354) DM: (yes Lunauc)
(359) Morti: (oh.. ok)
(354) DM: You've been travelling through the wood for the past few days. A change has come over the scenery, as if the edginess that you had experienced in the western half of Loring's Wood has eased away. Birds are atwitter, and the sun shines through the treetops more often, lending more of a pastoral quality to the woods surrounding you.
** (362) Daelan La'neral rides around gathering fruits,nuts,berries,tree barks,mosses,leaves and anything else that he knows is useful. **
** (359) Morti sits in the carriage, meditatinf, trying to teach THom to do the same **
(354) DM: You are in good spirits. Even Elamurix seems to be faring better, except that he has not woken up from his deep sleep. His breathing is more regular now, and pallor has returned to his cheeks.
** (356) Zane tries to follow Morti's lead, but finds that his mid runs wild easily, and finds it difficult to truely relax. **
** Thom tries to follow Morti's lead, but finds that his mid runs wild easily, and finds it difficult to truely relax. **
(359) Morti: "Remember.... let your body and mind fall away. You want to focus on nothingbut the voices in the darkness."
(354) DM: Even Maximillian seems to have become more settled, or at least is not as cranky as he used to be when you first encountered him. He no longer picks at offered food.
Thom: "Easy to say, there are just to many voices there."
(359) Morti: "Er.. wait.. you shouldn't remember, since you aren't suppose to be thinking." :Morti isn't entirely helping."
(359) Morti: "Um... just close your eyes and try to listen."
** Thom does so, trying to remain quiet and listening to the silence that is the wilderness. **
** Sevis Goloens rides along quietly watching everything. Checking on Rhian every now and then making sure she is dealing well with the death of Ferrin **
Thom: "And when there is nothing to really listen to, like now?"
** (358) Atross rides in front of the carriage watching the forest as they travel. **
** (362) Daelan La'neral rides back at mid-day,passing out fruit,nuts and berries to any that want them. **
** (359) Morti sits in contemplation(yes, he can), breathing slowly as he sits letting his body go slack, hoiping some of what he's been teaching is ruubbing off on the rogue **
Sevis Goloens: "The silence is what you want to listen to Thorn, answers come from the silence"
** (366) Jarvis has dropped of a rabbit or two, but otherwise is off in the clouds. ((Still eagle, obviously)) **
** Thom sits still for a couple minutes, before peaking at Morti. Seeing the mage so relaxed, he closes his eyes again and tries to relax and empty his mind, even though from his posture it is obvious he never makes it. **
(359) Morti: "Remember the voices in the back of your mind." :he speaks somberly and prophetically, sounding strangely more like a great Magus rather than the goofy boy he usually appears as. "Think of the Lady. She tries to speak to you. Do your best to listen for her."
** (362) Daelan La'neral rides over next to Atross,speaking to him quietly," Do you have arrowheads?" **
** Thom tries to concentrate on the words he knows are in his mind, trying to focus on them and nothing else, and his mind races to the d'Amberville banquet and the events surrounding Etienne's release. **
** (358) Atross thinks a moment before replying, "Not just arrowheads unfortunately." **
Sevis Goloens: (to Rhian) "How are you dealing with the death of Ferrin?"
** Thom grimaces in anger as a couple thoughts rush trhough his mind. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " If you had arrowheads elendil I would show you how to make the arrows."
** (359) Morti 's eyes leave their contemplative closure to glance to Rhian with concern for her reply **
(358) Atross: "Hmm... They are easier to salvage. I'll find some in town along with arrows, for practice."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Do not forget the fletching or the tendons either,then I shall teach you how to make arrows."
(358) Atross: "Great."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Not well, but I will get over it in time.
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Hm. You asked what I knew of the necromancer, Kartak.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Yes I did."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: It is a tale long in telling.
** Thom grits his teeth some more, lost in his thoughts from the conversation. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Tell the tale to the others,just tell me if he is evil or not."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: He is a figure of some renown and notoriety in this part of the world. Many speak of him in hushed tones, in much the same manner as the Dark One.
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Is he evil? That depends on your point of view.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Does he have the power to send a Gholham after you?"
** Sevis Goloens listens quietly **
** (366) Jarvis flies back, lands on the roof of the carriage, returns to human form, and clambers in through the window. He smiles to all present, then sits down, realising there is a conversation going on. **
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: He was responsible for the destruction of a great elven city, but did so as out of desparation. The destruction resulted in great upheaval and created Undolyssil, yet at the same time slew many orckin. As I said, it depends on your point of view.
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Unless he has made a pact with the Dark One, I doubt it.
** Thom suddenly jumps up, screaming and drawing out the Sword of Sylarie, holding it before him in an obviously offensive posture. He looks around wildly for a moment before lowering it and collapsing into his seat, lowering his sword again. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Will he save Elamurix?"
** (354) Rhian Aes Sedai is taken aback for a moment. **
** Thom raises his hand to rub his forehead as he tries to catch his breath and calm himself again. **
** (366) Jarvis looks up at Thom, then moves his gaze to each other person, eyes widened a little. **
** (354) Rhian Aes Sedai shrugs, glancing at the green elf. "As with any practitioner of forbidden lore, that depends on what you are willing to give him in exchange for his skills." **
Thom: "I don't think that was right, was it Morti?"
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(359) Morti' from server... Removing dead client
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(359) Morti' from server... Removing dead client
(370) Morti (enter): 22:20
(359) Morti (exit): 22:21
Thom: "I don't think that was right, was it Morti?"
(366) Jarvis: "You could go for the 'charm route'. Tell him how you heard of his ability, and how you're willing to give this or that for his incredible skill. Often, those with great power are the most foolish.
(370) Morti: 0.o :stares at the rogue a moment with faulted expression: "Uh..... n-no.."
** Thom resheathes his sword. "Sorry" he mutters to everyone. **
(370) Morti: "Whatever voice that was, don't listen to it anymore."
Thom: "Easy to say, but I'll try."
(371) quazar (enter): 22:24
(366) Jarvis: (To Thom) "Not a problem. Time travel, undead assassins. I figure you're all probably insane anyway"
(370) Morti: :nods to Jarvis in consent:
** Thom shrugs at Jarvis. "We might be." **
(358) Atross: "I'm pretty sure I'm as sane as most any person who travels the world."
** (366) Jarvis smiles. "Well, as long as it's not contagious, I've got no problem" **
(371) quazar (exit): 22:25
(370) Morti: :ti Jarvis: "It might be. Once upon a time, I was the only person I knew with a messed mind."
** (354) Drenla listens, reading from his spellbook. **
** (366) Jarvis looks at Morti for a moment "You don't have many long-term travelling companions, do you?" **
(367) God (exit): 22:27
(362) Daelan La'neral: " See this is why I do not speak to Humans,Elamurix is not a Calen Quessir,he is a Annoran Quessir."
(358) Atross: "Just the only person you knew, but you were never the only one in the world I'm sure."
(370) Morti: "Sure I do. Moiraine's been with me since mostly the beginning of this venture, right?" :looks down to the kitten in his lap:
(354) Drenla: So are Aes Sedai accorded the status of envoys of the Tower within Gwythnecht, or has that situation changed, my lady? (to Rhian)
** (354) Rhian Aes Sedai murmurs softly, "No, as far as I know, things have always remained at peace between the Tower and the Council of Pelham." **
(373) Dalgross (enter): 22:30
(354) Drenla: Then, perhaps it might do you well to prepare my companions for what they may face while within Gwythnecht. (cryptically)
** (354) Drenla returns to reading his spellbook. **
** (370) Morti looks back and forth between the elder weavers, curious of their words, "Is there a problem?" **
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Indeed. (takes a sip of tea as she glances around the coach)
** Thom looks at the exchange as well, suddenly paying attention to the conversation. **
(373) Dalgross (exit): 22:31
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: There might be, for those of us who are not divinely or arcanely inspired.
(370) Morti: "That means I'm safe, right?"
Sevis Goloens: "Those who are not magic users are not well recived?"
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Gwythnecht is, as some of you might know, a magocracy and a member of the Council of Alalminor, a confederation of countries in this part of Andurin who were once ruled by a High King. There has not been a High King in well over three centuries, and so, each of the members of the Council have fallen to their own devices...and their own traditions.
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Precisely, Sevis. (holds her gaze with each of you) Any who is not able to demonstrate skill in either the arcane or the divine are not quite held in as high regard as those who are.
(354) DM: (are*)
Thom: "How much skill?"
(370) Morti: :grins: "That's okay, we can just say these guys are our servants."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: That is not all.
Sevis Goloens: "Interesting, a reverse Inquisition. Though it does not sound as violent"
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: (to Thom) As long as you are able to cast a simple cantrip, that qualifies.
** Thom nods thoughtfully to Rhian. **
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: There is more, Sevis. Officially, slavery is illegal in each part of Alalminor. However, prior to acceptance by the Council, Gwythnari made it part of their own. It was and is not called slavery, yet it remains the same.
(366) Jarvis: "I'm assuming those who use magick are not the ones enslaved?"
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Since there has not been a High King in so long, some traditions which were never popular to begin with, have fallen into disuse or been abandoned. Therefore, you will need to be prepared. Each of you.
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Quite.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I shall not perform as some trained pet for the Humans there."
(370) Morti: 0.o "Is a lack of traditions that bad?"
(366) Jarvis: (To Daelan) "Well, that's no problem. You can perform as a trained pet for the humans here"
** Sevis Goloens laughs **
** (358) Atross looks around the group, "So who are we going to pretend is in charge here?" **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Careful Human,I have been known to miss my target."
(366) Jarvis: "Well, perhaps you get some more practice in"
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: The High King brought unity to each part of Alalminor, Morti. He represented fairness and justice for all. Because the seat has remained empty for long, there are now those who call the existence of the Crown of Alalminor a myth, a figment, an anachronism. Old habits die hard.
** (366) Jarvis shrugs. "Who's the most powerful mage. I guess that'd be the most plausible. **
(370) Morti: :nods thoughtfully to Rhian's words. "I guess Falconedge really is amazing."
(358) Atross: "There are other concerns in choosing a leader."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: We can solve this problem by saying that you are my retainers. Well, some of you. (sips her tea)
Thom: "Some of us?"
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: I beg your pardon? (to Morti) Who is Falconedge?
(370) Morti: "Eh?" :shakes his head: "No body."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Even the Humans there will not believe that a Quessir is a retainer or a slave. I do not think they are that stupid."
Sevis Goloens: "Is the Crown of Alalmionor part of the Regalia of Damrosil?
(370) Morti: :changing the subject: "Don't worry about me, I'm a citadel Magus afterall."
(358) Atross: "That would have been my suggestion as well. Though I could think some of us could be bodyguards for a young magus."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Elves are exempt, though there are those who have dared to cross that line.
(370) Morti: "Thom, you can come as my apprentice." :smiles proudly:
** Thom nods to Morti. "That sounds fine to me." **
(358) Atross: "People have an exceptional ability to see what they want to see, Daelan."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: (to Sevis) Why, yes. The last High King to have worn the Crown as a King of Damrosil.
(354) DM: (was*)
Sevis Goloens: "The Crown as last seen in Tower of Inverness then."
Sevis Goloens: (( *was ))
(370) Morti: "Oh? What happened to him? No Heirs?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I am begining to understand that Atross."
Sevis Goloens: "Anyway go on with your lessons on how we must behave where we are going"
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: The stories are confused on that point, Morti.
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Some say that he was spirited away by devils because of a pact he made with an infernal.
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Others say that he is cursed for all time to sing of the Lineage of Kings.
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Still others say that he had a child born of woman, except that the child was not a man or a mortal.
(370) Morti: "Eh?" :leans in with interest: "What was it?"
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: A cambion. (shrugs)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " And others say the Dark One is the Heir."
** (354) Rhian Aes Sedai sips her tea. "A devil child. An abomination." **
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: And still others say that he sacrificed himself to prevent a darker fate, and with his sacrifice went the symbols of his office.
(366) Jarvis: "Well, I can see why that child wouldn't be good for the throne"
Thom: "Very different stories, very little in common between them."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: (glances at the green elf, saying nothing)
(370) Morti: "Oooooooooooooh...." :scarf slackens like then face of a spectre as he settles back: "Sounds like a ghost story I heard this one time, where a man fell in love with a ghost and had a ghost baby which came out to kill him."
(370) Morti: :shivers: "Spooky."
(366) Jarvis: (To Thom) "Actually, there is somethimg in common. Most involve some dark power or entity"
Sevis Goloens: "You said that 'some' of us could act as your retainers, who are those who cannot other then those who will not have problems here"
Thom: "Yes, but that much is expected."
(370) Morti: "Was the child necessarily evil?' :muses to Rhian:
** Sevis Goloens gives up trying to convers while everyone is pestering the mourning woman and just rides silently by her side listening **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " In the end it will be father against son Morti,those who serve the father will be good,those who serve the son will be evil,and in the end neither will win."
(370) Morti: :peers askew to the elf, arguing: "You don't know that."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " There can be no good without evil Morti."
(366) Jarvis: "Couldn't have said it better mysefl"
(370) Morti: "But that doesn't mean things would turn out like that."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " You seek items that will bring back the good king,the son also called the Dark One will try and stop you,when the dust has settled the only real tragedy will be those who have died for nothing."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Those of you who are not of arcane or divine skill could become my retainers. (after a moment)
Thom: "Is that how you see your own death Daelan? That it will be for nothing?"
** (370) Morti turns away from Daelan and sticks his head out the window, asking back with some annoyance, "How much longer until we reach Pelham anyway?" **
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: That would require you to be willing, however.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " No,we shall not be here for the battle."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: At this rate, if nothing occurs, a little over a week.
Thom: (to Daelan) "You would run from a battle, from a chance to kill evil?"
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Daelan. The Dark One has been in the world for far longer than a mere mortal king. The son, if there WAS a child, is not a minion of the Dark One.
** Sevis Goloens comments "I have no problem acting as a retainer." **
** (358) Atross answers, "I have no problem with the plan. We are acting as guards right now after all." **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " This battle does not concern us,it is between you Humans,when we were here alone we co-existed with evil,but when you Hildor came,you decided you wanted it either this way or that,so we are leaving you to your own ends."
Thom: "And yet, you remain at our side."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Well I can not kill Almeena on my own."
Thom: "And as we have mentioned, you won't kill her with us either."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps yes,perhaps no. Things may change in the coming years Thom."
Thom: "Hopefully not that much. Years... I wonder how long we will have to be here..."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " For some of you,perhaps several years or longer. ( glancing at Jarvis) for some perhaps not that long."
** (366) Jarvis looks back at Daelan. "Uh... Yeah. Where am I going?" **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps the same fate that befell Ferrin,waits for you Jarvis."
(370) Morti: :turning an perturbed glance to Daelan: "You know... you're not very friendly."
(358) Atross: "Don't try to scare him off; I'm sure he's seen all sorts of deaths in his travels, timely and otherwise."
** Thom frowns slightly at Daelen's comments about years, and looks down at the floor of the carriage, his mind wandering. **
Sevis Goloens: "Death awaits us all Daelan even you."
(366) Jarvis: "Yeah, perhaps. Perhaps I'll end up with my own little home in the woodlands with a harem. "
(362) Daelan La'neral: " A harem of Glamhoth Jarvis."
** Thom looks kinda wanderingly around the carriage, intentionally ignoring Daelan and Jarvis' exchange. **
(370) Morti: :Turning form Dael to Rhian: "Is there anything else we should know before we get there?"
(366) Jarvis: "Uh... yeah. I was thinking more young, attractive women, but... Y'know, whatever"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I have never seen an attractive Glamhoth Jarvis,but you are Human so you may find them attractive."
(366) Jarvis: "Right. So, how many tails does a Glamhoth have?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Do you know what a Glamhoth is Jarvis?"
(366) Jarvis: "No. And yet, morbid curiosity makes me want to know"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " It means Goblin-kind,to be exact it means Orc.
** (366) Jarvis shudders exaggeratedly. "And on that note, let's stop this conversation" **
(358) Atross: "A very derailing thought."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps I should teach you the elven tongue elendil Atross."
Thom: "Daelan, do you think you could find any blueberries around here?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Yes I am sure there are some around here Thom,would you like some grapes instead?"
** Sevis Goloens rides ahead a bit to scout **
Thom: "Actually, blueberries would be best for my idea."
(370) Morti: "Mmm... blueberry
(366) Jarvis: "If you want, I can go up and have a look. An eagle's eyes are better than an elf's"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I shall go and find a bush or two for you Thom."
Thom: "Thank you Daelan."
** Thom looks to the floor of the carriage and smiles a bit. **
(354) Maximillian: Mrrow.
** (354) Maximillian yawns, licking his lips and settles down, watching you with interest. **
** (358) Atross replies to Daelan, "I actually know a lot of elven; star elven at least." **
** Sevis Goloens rides back to Rhian's side **
** Thom softly pets Maximillian a little, awaiting Daelan's return. **
(370) Morti: :gl;ances to the cat for a brief second, before looking back out the window.:
** (362) Daelan La'neral calls over to his shoulder at Jarvis. " Your Atara karnel to a kauko glamhoth." **
** (366) Jarvis calls back "Well, kaman Eykahar to you too" **
** (362) Daelan La'neral rides off looking for some blueberry bushes. **
Thom: "Let him go Jarvis. You'll never win, only confirm his ridiculous views."
** (358) Atross looks between Jarvis and Daelan a bit but decides not to try to intervene, yet. **
(366) Jarvis: "Win at what? The best insults in another tounge?"
(366) Jarvis: "Let him believe what he wants. I couldn't care less"
Thom: "At anything. That one is severly tilted in his beliefs."
Thom: "Very well, I just wanted to make sure you were shrugging him off."
(370) Morti: :Bored, Morti gets out his fiddle and begins playing one of Elamurix's songs, which he still hasn't gotten out of his head.
(370) Morti: Perform Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
** Sevis Goloens listens to the music **
Sevis Goloens: "Nice Morti, I didnt know you were skilled with the fiddle"
(354) DM: (going to FF in a bit. not now, but soon.)
** Thom sits quietly as Morti plays as well. **
(354) DM: (mapping for a bit)
(370) Morti: :as he plays: "I've been practicing."
** (366) Jarvis hums along, more out of a lack of anything else to do. **
Thom: (( fine, I just want the berries - and then I'm good to FF. :P ))
** (362) Daelan La'neral rides back after 2 hours,the bottom part of his cloak bulging from the berries. **
** (362) Daelan La'neral rides up to Thom," Here you go." **
** (358) Atross listens for a bit before commenting, "I'd always heard he played badly. Can't trust everything you hear, I suppose." **
Thom: "Thank you Daelan, that is more than enough." Thom takes a couple handfulls and lowers one to Maximillian. Before the cat can snack though, he closes his hand around the berries and says softly, "If you want some, then you do not play with the books, understood?"
(370) Morti: "Heh?" :glances to Thom curiously:
(370) Morti: (that reminds me, did we find the Duke's spellbook in the chests?)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " You play well for a Human Morti,but I am not sure you can play a elven song on that type of instrument."
Thom: (( hmm... don't remember finding it earlier. And since my next action needs a response from Stan, I must wait... ))
(370) Morti: "Huh? Wasn't Elamurix an elf?" :keeps playing the "elf's song"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Yes he is an Annoran,but such songs should be played on a harp or a lute."
(358) Atross: "You could play any sort of song on most instruments, but the instrument makes a big impression on what kind of song it is."
(370) Morti: "Wellm I can't play either of those. Don't be so picky."
(366) Jarvis: "Imagine the tune of wardrums on a harp. It doesn't work so well"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Picky?!"
** Thom then opens his hand and allows Maximillion to enjoy some blueberries. **
** (354) Maximillian swipes the blueberries and bolts to a corner of the coach before anyone can take them back. **
(370) Morti: "Harp, fiddle, they both have strings. Relax and enjoy. Geez..."
** Thom chuckles a little and then turns back to the others. **
** (366) Jarvis watches the cat. "So, is there something I should know about the cat here, or...?" **
Thom: "Not really. We sort of adopted him I guess."
** (370) Morti eyes the cat's greediness and looks tentatively oto thom, inquiring: "Was that all the blueberries you had?" **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " It belonged to a now dead Human,as did the coach and some of the things inside it."
(358) Atross: "It could be done, but changing the tool would change the result even if its used for the same piece."
** Thom opens his other hand, showing some berries he kept. "And Daelan brought plenty more as well." **
** (366) Jarvis glances around the carriage. "Ah. Well, as long as you didn't kill the guy... You didn't, did you?" **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Would you like some blueberries Morti?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Me? No I did not kill him,they did,I fought the Drake."
(370) Morti: "Hai hai." ; D :smiles tot he elf as he stops playing and holds his hands out for berries.:
Thom: (to Morti) "He just had a craving for blueberry pie, and this is the closest we can do here. So, I gave him some to get him to stop planning the ruination of your's and Drenla's books."
** (358) Atross answers, "Daelan did not kill the guy, if that's what you mean..." but trails off at the end, as others answer for him. **
** (362) Daelan La'neral gives Morti 2 handfuls of berries. **
Thom: (to Jarvis) "Technically, it was not us."
Thom: "But we were around shortly after."
(370) Morti: "Thanks" :begins popping berries up under his scarf and into his mouth.:
** (366) Jarvis seems to think it over for a minute. "Technically's good enough, I guess" **
(358) Atross: "Let's not discuss the technicalities of the matter. At least we killed the dragon that did most of the killing that day."
Thom: "Besides, from what I am told - he was some bandit that tried to live as a lord anyway."
(362) Daelan La'neral: Atross,Jarvis,Drenla,Sevis and Rhain would you like some berries?"
** (370) Morti happily eats, offering some berries Moiraine if she's interested. **
(370) Morti: (I think we're ready to FF now, right?)
(358) Atross: "I'll pass today."
Sevis Goloens: "I am fine thank you"
** (366) Jarvis reaches out and takes a small handful. "Thanks" **
Thom: "Unfortunately, the one I should have worried about got away from us."
Thom: (( yep, I'm good. It just matters on if Stan is done mapping. ))
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Yes the one who poisoned Elamurix."
(358) Atross: "Moreso that we'll see him again, or his handiwork if we're unlucky."
(366) Jarvis: ((FF = Yes. Anytime you're ready. I'm getting freaked out by the human-hating elf offering me berries. (They're poisoned, aren't they?)))
Sevis Goloens: (( lol ))
Thom: "I am sure that we will see him again, he let as much slip to me last time."
(370) Morti: (("Eats them my pretties. Muwahahahahahaha!!))
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps I will be there to help in the killing of him too."
Thom: "That would be fine Daelan, who knows what he will bring with him next time, when he is not caught off guard."
(370) Morti: "Yes, we have a lot of dangers to be prepared for." :speaks seriously, while blueberry stains soil his scarf mask:
(358) Atross: "I think one of his sort has so many plans in place that he's never really completely off guard, as we saw when he escaped us last time."
Thom: "Maybe, but he was definately off guard when he showed up there. He had plenty of time to prepare his escape, but I doubt he was expecting to see us."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Next time fight do not speak to him."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " You see him,kill him,it is that simple."
Thom: "I don't plan to talk to him."
(358) Atross: "Well anyone would be understandably a bit disoriented upon arriving in a place like that for the first time. But I wonder how much of that was truthful."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " There is some truth in every lie Atross."
(358) Atross: "Only the best lies, only the best."
(366) Jarvis: "Of course, because no confrontation can be avoided through negotiations. Now, we are talking of a humanoid, right? I mean, if we're discussing a fiend, then I'm right with you.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Of course he is Human,why else would I want to kill him Jarvis?"
(358) Atross: "Well he's lived for hundreds or thousands of years as they are counted on this world, it seems."
(366) Jarvis: "Oh, y'know, I always thought the fact that something is an immortal evil being of great destructive power was a fairly good reason.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " A Human can not live that long Atross."
(370) Morti: "With aid of the arcane or divine they can."
(362) Daelan La'neral: No Jarvis,he is Human and evil so he needs to be killed,pretty simple really."
(358) Atross: "By his reckoning he hasn't, though he's probably decades older than he appears. But stories of the chateau where we met him supposedly go back far longer."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " So none of you have fought him before?"
(358) Atross: "It seemed rather dreaded when we were tasked to go there. Uh, " *glances about awkwardly* "in 30 years or so."
** (366) Jarvis just shakes his head. **
Thom: "No Daelan, we haven't. We decided on him, one that we had not faced. Although I am still unsure why."
(358) Atross: "The shortest explanation is he's an escapee from a prison that is outside our normal time, it's the main way we got here, now."
(370) Morti: "He seemed the least likely to go on a demented killing spree"
Thom: "And does he still?"
(358) Atross: "They were all dangerous, malevolent, and powerful."
(370) Morti: :shrugs:
(370) Morti: "Yes.. but at least he seemed well read."
(358) Atross: "I don't think we had any good decision to make, just more trouble to have to deal with regardless."
Thom: "True, I doubt that any one of them would have been less of a problem any other..."
** Thom chuckles, "That he did Morti." **
(354) DM: (FFing)
(358) Atross: "And there's no point arguing about the past, now. Let's drop it before we get confused."
(370) Morti: "too late"
(366) Jarvis: "True. There's no point crying over spilt milk. Or milk that may at some stage be spilt, thus damaging existence"
(358) Atross: "Exactly what I was afraid would happen."
** Sevis Goloens rides ahead to scout again **
(354) DM: The road eventually nears the river Elyssil, which flows directly into Gwythnecht. By your estimation, you are within an hour from the border.
(354) DM: (later that day)
(354) DM: As you travel along, you come across two horses in the middle of the road. One of them is quite dead, and the other nibbles at the grass, heedless of its partner's condition. Two humans are attempting to pull the dead horse off the road. They see you approaching just as you see them, and hasten their efforts but are unable to move the carcass.
(354) DM: Drawing closer, you can make out more details.
** Sevis Goloens rides back to Rhian's side and raises the hood of his cloak, hiding his face in shadows, taking on a meek demeaner of a servent **
Sevis Goloens: Disguise Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(354) DM: One of the humans is a woman who wears clothes far more colorful than the common peasant. Her light brown hair is drawn back in a ponytail. Except for her hooked nose, she is quite attractive.
** (370) Morti hangs his head out the window of the carriage, staring to the two men and the their future dinner and glue **
** (358) Atross checks the availability of weaponry as he approaches the scene, and ensures his buckler is secure. **
(370) Morti: "Hoi there. Need some help?"
(354) DM: The other person is an equally attractive man, tall and solid. His black hair is also in a short ponytail. The couple seem quite tired, and it is quite clear that their health is not the best. The woman has several bandages on her limbs, and the man's left arm is in a sling.
** (362) Daelan La'neral sits on his horse,his left hand a mere inch from his quiver. **
(354) Injured woman: No, not really. (lamely, glancing at her companion)
** Sevis Goloens hops off his horse and moves the help the pair move the corpse **
(370) Morti: "Are you sure. You don't look so good."
(354) Injured man: They seem to mean well, Cytara.
** Thom lets Morti take the lead, trying to prepare for the act in Gwythnecht. **
(354) Injured woman: If you like then. (shrugs wearily)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " They are Human Morti,Humans never look good.''
** Sevis Goloens helps drag the corpse off the road **
Sevis Goloens: Str check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
** (358) Atross dismounts as he reaches them, presumebly to help move the carcass. **
** (354) Cytara leans on her companion for support. **
** (370) Morti nods and hops out from the carriage, heading toward the injured folks, and raspberrying Daelan in passing, with a flapping fabric tongue. **
** (366) Jarvis steps foward, just after Morti. "You're injured. Let me help" He places his right palm over the couple's injuries, and slowly, they heal. **
** (362) Daelan La'neral continues to stare at the 2 Humans. **
(354) Injured man: Our thanks for your timely arrival. (squeezes his companion's hand reassuringly)
** Thom follows Morti, staying behind him. **
** (358) Atross helps move the horse from the other end, asking as he does so, "What happened anyway? Bandits, brigands?" **
(370) Morti: :looks them over with some worr as Jarvis sees to them: "What happened? Did something attack you?"
(366) Jarvis: "Don't mention it. What would the world be if folk didn't help their fellow beings?"
** Thom stays back from the couple, so as to not crowd them at all. **
** (362) Daelan La'neral rides slowly to the side,looking the ground over. **
** Sevis Goloens stretches after the horse is out of the road **
** Sevis Goloens looks over the horse to figure out it died **
Sevis Goloens: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(370) Morti: :gives a nervously little snicker, scratching his head, as he speaks after Atross:
(354) Cytara: You might say something like that. (cryptically)
** Thom returns to the caraven they all left and brings it closer, but to the side of the road. **
(354) Cytara: Really, we're fine. Aren't we Morzar? We're fine. (flatly)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " The horse did not die from arrows or a sword,something else killed it."
(354) Cytara: Thank you for moving our mount.
** (366) Jarvis cocks a brow at the woman. "No problem. Where are you headed?" **
(370) Morti: "Eh?" :cocks his head aside curiously::
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I see no tracks except for thiers."
Sevis Goloens: Sense Motive Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28)
** Thom Thom then approaches the party. "If these fine people are well enough to continue, and do not wish for our help, then perhaps we should continue." **
** (354) Cytara recoils a bit. "Away from here. Doesn't much matter." **
(370) Morti: "Why? Where's here that it's so bad."
(358) Atross: "You shouldn't rush too much, it's faster to let the horses get enough rest to go on than to walk."
** (354) Cytara glares at Morti and says nothing, walking back to her mount. "Are you coming, Morzar?" **
** (370) Morti flinches from the glare and doesn't ask an further **
(380) Latrommi (enter): 00:29
(354) Morzar: They mean well.... (pauses) And we could use their help.
(366) Jarvis: ((Do they have any gear or luggage, or is it just the two of them and the horse(s)?))
** (362) Daelan La'neral slides off his horse to inspect the dead horse more closely. **
(354) DM: ((the two of them and their horse. And a satchel on the woman's shoulder. The man, Morzar, has a lute))
** (370) Morti glances to the man as he speaks and nods to the woman to confirm the sentiment **
** Thom steps forward to the man in a very friendly manner. "Morzar was it? I assure you, that although we are a large group - we have no ill intentions to you or the lady." **
Thom: Diplomacy: [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
(354) Cytara: Well, I'm leaving. For all I know, they could be wizards. And you know what happened back there.
(370) Morti: "Eh" :scarf brow quirks: "What happened back where?"
(366) Jarvis: "What happened back where?"
** (354) Morzar nods, and sighs. "I'm afraid we have to leave. But thank you for helping us and for healing us." **
Thom: "Very well sir. best of luck on your travels then."
(354) Cytara: We just returned from a trading station....and had some difficulties.
(354) Cytara: If you really have to know.
Thom: "Trading? We actually could use such a place. Where was it at, if you don't mind."
(370) Morti: "What kind of problems? Was anyone else hurt?"
(354) Cytara: Strathern Point.
(358) Atross: "It would help to know, since we seem to be heading in the direction you left."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " They were coming from the East,and whatever killed this horse,bit into it,raked it with claws and used some kind of jagged sword as well."
(354) Cytara: It's quite frankly none of your business. (irritatedly)
Thom: "Very well, and we will
Thom: be careful to avoid the wizards you mentioned."
(354) Morzar: Cytara...
(362) Daelan La'neral: " These are marks I have never seen in my years."
(366) Jarvis: "If you don't wish to tell us, that's your choice. Do you have food and water? At least let us supply you with these"
** (354) Morzar looks at you helplessly. "Strathern Point is a half day's journey to the east. It's a trading post. Or was." **
** Thom glances over at Daelan. "Tell us later." he hisses at the elf. **
(370) Morti: :grimaces ar the woman's harshness, and goes over Daelan to check the markings ont he horse
(354) Cytara: We're fine. We really need to leave. (glances pointedly at Morzar)
(366) Jarvis: "Very well. Safe travels to you"
** (354) Cytara nods perfunctorily. Her companion spreads his hands wide, and replies, "Safe travels to you as well. May Bazel watch over you and yours." **
** Sevis Goloens hops back on his horse saying nothing **
** (362) Daelan La'neral points the claw marks,the bite marks and the sword marks out to Morti. **
** Thom nods to the couple after the man's blessing. **
(370) Morti: [1d8] -> [2] = (2)
** (354) Cytara mutters, "And hopefully we will never have to see those marks again," as she rides off. **
(366) Jarvis: As the couple walks away, Jarvis brushes his fingers over his eyes and whispers "Grant me the sight of the unnatural" (Detect Magick)
(366) Jarvis: ((Checking if anything on the couple is magick, then seeing if any trace is on the horse))
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Whatever killed this horse did so in none to nice a fashion,and yet they have wounds on them,not enough to kill,and they have no weapons,so how did they live and the horse die?"
(370) Morti: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
(370) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [14,16] = (30)
** Thom walks over to the dead horse and waves the rest of the party over that way as well, so that they can talk. **
whispering to Jarvis, no magic
whispering to Jarvis, strong necromantic magicka
whispering to Jarvis, on the horse
** (358) Atross waits for the couple to be out of earshot before discussing his thoughts. **
(358) Atross: "It may be a good idea to investigate the trading post. Something is suspicious, even dangerous."
Thom: "So, what does everyone think? They seemed very frightened, and the woman was suspicious as well - which I understand seeing a party the sixe of ours approach them."
(366) Jarvis: "This horse reeks of the dark arts"
Thom: (( *size ))
(370) Morti: "We should definately check it out."
** Thom nods to Atross, however slightly reluctantly. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I wonder."
Sevis Goloens: "They knew more then they told about the situation at the trading post"
(358) Atross: "Positioned at the border along this road it's important for travel and trade with western regions. If it's been taken over by some thing we may earn favor by dealing with the problems outselves before it grows into a bigger problem farther in."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " The Human females name was Cytara was it not?"
Thom: "Yes, but their fear - hers in particular, kept them from saying more."
Thom: "Yes, I believe it was."
(370) Morti: "They seemed pretty scared of wizards. I could probably spook em into talking. But.. that'd just be mean."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I have heard of her,she is said to have a most talented voice for a bard,she was said to be playing with some troupe."
Thom: "More than likely, you would have spooked them into running even faster."
(358) Atross: "Whatever killed this horse wasn't just wizards. Maybe some monster, created conjured, or controlled by a wizard?"
(370) Morti: :to Dael: "Really?" :stares off after the departed performers : "I wonder if we just missed a great opportunity."
(366) Jarvis: "As I said, the horse reeks of necromancy. It was not killed by some wild beast"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps the work of Kartak."
** (370) Morti stands from the horse corpse: "All the more reason to hurry to the tradepost, hopefully some people are still alive." **
(358) Atross: "There may be many other necromancers in a magocracy, I'm afraid."
(366) Jarvis: "Indeed. Perhaps I should go ahead" He glances up to the sky, to show what he means"
Thom: "Well, that would explain why they were so scared. More mages, huh? Why can't more of them be like you Morti? You and Drenla..."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " If there are evil Humans there am I allowed to kill them?"
(366) Jarvis: "Sure, but you have to be fair, and let them kill you after. Gotta play nice"
(370) Morti: "Not unless you know they're evil." :pauses: "Correct that. not unless I know they're evil."
(358) Atross: "We should really assess the situation before we decide to start killing. If it's undead it may not be so easy."
Thom: "Fly on Jarvis. I'd expect that Sevis and Daelan will also be scouting ahead?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Undead Humans,alive Humans,matters not to me,as long as they end up the same,dead."
Sevis Goloens: "Yes, but they said it is a half a days travels"
Thom: "By the way, does anyone know what he meant when he said 'May Bazel watch over you and yours.' ? I don't recall that name anywhere.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps Bazel is a Human god."
** (362) Daelan La'neral jumps back on his horse and begins to ride East. **
(354) DM: As you continue along the road, you eventually come to a double-tiered structure built along the edge of a steep, rocky riverbank where the road has wandered close to the water. Drenla indicates to you that this trading post, Strathern Point, straddles the border between Damrosil and Gwythnecht. One tower is built level with the road while the second is at the bottom of the slope near the edge of the river.
(354) DM: A flight of stone stairs is carved into the cliffside that joins the two together.
** (362) Daelan La'neral sits looking at the stairs,wondering if there is another way in. **
** Sevis Goloens gets off his horse and gets into a battle stance **
** (370) Morti exits the coach and looks around for signs of an attack **
(380) Latrommi (exit): 00:55
Sevis Goloens: "Should I take a look around?"
** Thom looks out of the carriage at the trading post. "Easy Sevis. Perhaps we should approach as if we were traders." **
** Thom exits the carriage and looks at the structures carefully. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I see no way for the wagon to continue onward Thom."
Sevis Goloens: "Look at us Thorn, there is no way we look like traders, plus Rhian is saposed to have a body guard"
** (366) Jarvis , in eagle form, circles the building, looking for anything unusual (Spot [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29)) **
Thom: "That is true. I guess we have little choice. Go ahead and scout then, but be careful."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Shall I go as well,or stay here?"
(358) Atross: "If there's trouble try to lead them into the open."
(354) DM: An obvious wagon path departs from the main road and passes beneath an archway entering into the structure. Another archway of the same proportions is set into the east wall. The trail emerges from it and joins up with the main road once again. The archways' large rusted hinges suggest that doors once hung in the openings.
** Sevis Goloens heads up to the building to take a look inside **
Thom: "So, from the front, or around back with the carriage?"
(354) DM: In the SW corner of the unloading bay stands a stomach-high platform of stone capped by a wooden top. A trio of barrels stands to the side and a 10' hole in the south wall opens just behind the platform. A flatbed wagon sits beside the platform. The ceiling here is over 15' high. A door set in the W wall seems to lead into the main tower.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I would stay with the carriage if I were you Thom."
Sevis Goloens: "Lets goto the loading bay and enter from there
Sevis Goloens: "I'll enter the front and see what I see"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I will ride in front of the carriage."
Thom: "Believe me Daelan, I can take care of myself. Your concern is touching though."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I do not care about you,I was thinking about Elamurix Thom."
Thom: "Of course. Anyway, be careful Sevis."
** (366) Jarvis swoops down to the others, lands on the ground, and resumes his regular form. "Look at the tracks" **
** Thom stops in his own tracks as Jarvis lands. "What do you mean?" **
** (370) Morti looks around for people, living or dead. figuring a trade post should have plenty around **
** (366) Jarvis gestures to the ground. There is a huge mess of tracks, human, and some other type, hooved. **
** Thom looks at the tracks. "And, is that mess supposed to mean something to me?" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [9,14] = (23)
** (362) Daelan La'neral walks over to the tracks,kneels down and inspects them. **
(366) Jarvis: "But look at the building. Doesn't exactly look like it was home to a horde of people recently"
(358) Atross: "Yes, it looks pretty quiet right now."
(354) DM: Rhian and Drenla stay with the carriage.
(366) Jarvis: ((The building appears to have been empty for a few months))
(370) Morti: "Strange..."
Thom: "So these tracks are from all the people and horses that used to use this place. That doesn't help explain what happened to them, or what happened to that couple we met recently."
(358) Atross: "So you're saying that there's a lot of foot traffic here and no one lives at or takes care of the trading post."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " 5 Human,1 Dwarf,6 horses."
** (362) Daelan La'neral points to some tracks that are different. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " And these I have never seen before."
** (366) Jarvis lets out a groan "No. The tracks are recent. As in, today recent. But noone's been here for months. There's not exactly a metropolis around here to attract this many visitors" **
Thom: "I'll take your word for it Daelan."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " They all are a few hours old."
Thom: "So, where did they go - if not into the trading post?"
** (370) Morti looks at the prints Daelan says he can't identify, trying to composite them with the markings on the horse for some clue on their perpetrator. **
(370) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+16] -> [10,16] = (26)
** (358) Atross answers grimly, "Maybe it's from a troupe of minstrels. And not all of them left." **
(370) Morti: Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Give me a few minutes and I will tell you what I know."
Thom: "Very well." Thom returns to the carriage for a couple minutes.
** Sevis Goloens comes back out **
** (366) Jarvis looks around. He stops, and looks near the water, before moving over to it. **
Sevis Goloens: "The loading bay is clear, and the doors further in are locked."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Well the Human and Dwarf tracks are from them running away from the buildings,there was a fight,looks like none lived,the horses were moving quickly and they were ridden."
Sevis Goloens: "I heard something shader further in, but not sure where"
** (366) Jarvis stops near a group of horses, all dead. He turns back, and calls out "We have a mass watery grave here" **
Sevis Goloens: "Thorn would you join me in here to open the doors?"
** (362) Daelan La'neral walks over to Jarvis,and begins to inspect the dead,looking to see if they were killed the same way as the horse. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Sevis if I were you,I would not go opening any doors just yet."
(358) Atross: (What time of day is it now? I'm afraid it's nightall)
** (370) Morti heads over to Jarvis after finishing his little inspection. **
** Thom leaves the carriage and heads over to Sevis. 'What is it?" **
(354) DM: (late afternoon)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " The horses were killed quickly,the 3 Humans were ripped to shreds,it seems 1 Human and the Dwarf as missing."
** (362) Daelan La'neral glances up at the sky," They were killed recently,not more than several hours." **
Sevis Goloens: "Could you try opening these two doors, I heard something break further in and I want to see who or whats in there, this one first" **Points to the western doors** ((Doors to area 2))
(366) Jarvis: "So. We have a whole bunch of people, killed in the last few hours, at an abandoned building"
(366) Jarvis: (To Sevis) "Open them, or open them quietly?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " No they were not killed,they were slaughtered."
** (358) Atross draws and readies his bow, igniting it's flames, "Close quarters in there, but I'm ready when you are." **
Thom: "Give me a moment, sure." Thom kneels down before the door and pulls out some tools.
(383) quazar (enter): 01:15
(354) DM: (each square is 10')
(370) Morti: "Horrible." :Hangs his head, giving a smalll prayer to the Lady and the War Father for their fate before asking Daelan: "Can you follow the tracks of what killed them?'
(383) quazar (exit): 01:15
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I can track a feather in a wind storm Morti."
(370) Morti: "..."
(370) Morti: "... That's a yes, right?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " That is a yes Morti."
(370) Morti: "Good, it would be nice to know if it took off, or if it's still lingering around."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [4,12] = (16)
** (362) Daelan La'neral begins walking in a small circle,then widening outward from where the strange tracks were at,kneeling down now and then,then looking around at the ground around him,shaking his head. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [16,20] = (36)
** (370) Morti heads back to the platform, looking around curiously **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " This is odd,the tracks start and end in the same area."
** (358) Atross watches and waits while the experts work. **
(366) Jarvis: "Summoning?"
(354) DM: (sec)
(358) Atross: "Or flying."
** Thom raises some tools to the door after a couple moments and unlocks it rather quickly. he then puts his tools away and back into his pocket. **
Thom: "Door is ready whenever everyone else is. I didn't sense anyone on the other side, at least - not nearby."
(354) DM: (The S door is actually a hatch that covers an opening.)
** Sevis Goloens slowly opens the door as soon as Thorn is done. and begins looking around the next room quickly, but quietly **
** (370) Morti looks about the platform, glancing over the wagon and the empty barrels, before calling out to the carriage, "Excuse me, Miss Rhian, do you know who Kraghor Valdora of Wysos is?" **
** (366) Jarvis follows, ready to change form if the situation becomes dangerous. **
** Thom waits on the loading dock for Morti, Atross and Daelan, but draws out the Sword of Sylarie, just in case. **
(354) DM: The door opens to reveal a darkened corridor. To your right, the corridor turns to the left after a few feet and ascends a flight of stairs.

To your left can be seen a door on the opposite wall (to 2a) and a steep flight of stone steps leading downwards.

** (362) Daelan La'neral moves over to Thom. **
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: Wysos is a city not far from here, along the river.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Well the tracks start and end in the same area,that is all I can tell you for now."
(354) Rhian Aes Sedai: (calls out)
** (358) Atross follows Sevis into the building, aiming his bow ahead of him. **
** Sevis Goloens slowly goes up the stairs to take a peek upstairs **
Thom: "Any idea what that means Daelan?"
(370) Morti: :While waiting for a reply, the little mage stands back and thrusts forth his will, toward the barrels and wagon (detect magic)
(366) Jarvis: (To Sevis, whispering) "Anything?"
(354) DM: What little light comes through from window slits in the walls.
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Either summoned or it flew,but I have never seen tracks like those in my many years Thom."
Thom: "Very well. We'll have to keep our eyes open then."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " True,something dark and evil dwells here,the very Earth tells me."
Thom: "Then let's see if we can remove it from the earth, shall we?"
** (362) Daelan La'neral smiles **
** (370) Morti looks about, in and under the barrels in a probable waste of time **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " At least we agree on this."
Thom: "Yes, at least this we do. Now, would you go see how our friends are doing in there while I try to get Morti?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [19,14] = (33)
** (362) Daelan La'neral slips into the building,notching an arrow. **
Thom: "Morti - you done yet?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
** (362) Daelan La'neral whispers harshly in the dimly lit corridor," Atross,Sevis,where are you?" **
(370) Morti: "Eh?" :looks up from his little distraction: "Heheh... yeah..." :follows along into the buidling."
(366) Jarvis: Not getting an answer, Jarvis slips past Sevis into the room upstairs.
** Thom enters with Morti. "They went right." he tells Daelan. **
** (370) Morti moves into the darkened area, unsheathing the everlasting flame on his staff to light the way **
** (362) Daelan La'neral turns right and slowly begins to walk down the stairs. **
** (358) Atross with his flaming bow is waiting at the stairs. **
Thom: (( actually, to the right is going to be stairs going up... ))
** (362) Daelan La'neral begins to walk up the stairs. **
(370) Morti: :heading up: "Hello? You guys here?"
** Thom nods to Atross and follows up the stairs. **
** (366) Jarvis turns back and speaks just loud enough to be heard. "We're up here" **
** (362) Daelan La'neral continues walking up the stairs,stopping when he nears Jarvis. **
(354) DM: (confirming the party is in area 3?)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Anything?"
Thom: (( yes ))
(370) Morti: (should be)
(358) Atross: (Roughly)
(366) Jarvis: ((I think so))
** Thom continues up the stairs, actually making his way around Daelan (if there is room). **
(354) DM: Moving up the stairs, you find yourself in a spacious bedchamber. A railing separates the stairwell from the rest of the chamber. Although the chamber is richly decorated, nothing in the room is a match, being a hodgepodge of what seem to be acquired bargains. The room has a great deal of windows, all of which are shuttered. it's furnished with a bed, wardrobe, vanity, and wash basin. gowns are draped over the bed and the vanity, and a pair of open trunks stand in a corner.
** Sevis Goloens looks around at the others, "Looks like someone left in a hurry" **
Thom: "And they closed the windows. Trying to protect themselves?"
** Sevis Goloens shrugs **
(366) Jarvis: "Or, if the place was abandoned a while ago, just stopping the windows from shattering in the first decent storm"
(370) Morti: "Wow..." :looks about the clutter with a grin: "Who'd abandon all this great stuff?"
** (366) Jarvis goes over to the trunks, and checks what's inside them. **
Thom: "Anything of use up here?" he asks as he goes over to one shuttered window.
(384) Duo (enter): 01:37
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I do not think this place was abandoned that long ago,the 2 we met on the road just came from here,not to mention the dead outside are only a few hours old."
(366) Jarvis: "But this place hasn't been used for a while, a few months I'd say. That's what struck me as odd"
(370) Morti: :in response to Thom's question, Morti backs up, and throws forth his mental feelers for a sweep of the room (detect magic)
Thom: "So maybe they just never kept the place up at all, and that's why it looks so run down."
** Sevis Goloens heads back down stairs **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [7,14] = (21)
(384) Duo (exit): 01:39
** Thom cracks open one of the window shutters and peers out. "Nice view." **
(358) Atross: "Do the windows open?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps they were being held here as prisoners."
** (366) Jarvis moves around the room, going through drawers, wardrobes, in search of anything odd or useful. (Search [1d20+1] -> [12,1] = (13)) **
Thom: "Well, the shutter can be opened Atross. You can see anyone coming from this spot, that's for sure."
** (370) Morti follows after Sevis down stairs **
** Thom heads on downstairs as well. **
** (366) Jarvis reaches into the trunks, and pulls out a few pieces of jewellery, and a pair of shoes. "Expensive taste" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
(358) Atross: "Oh well, guess I'd have to break a bit of glass to shoot from here."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [8,14] = (22)
** (358) Atross trails out of the room as well. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26)
** (366) Jarvis crouches down under the bed, pulls out a chest, and goes through it. **
** Sevis Goloens looks to Morti "It's locked as well, maybe they did not leave in a hurry if they took the time to lock every door" **
** (362) Daelan La'neral stays with Jarvis until he is done searching. **
** Sevis Goloens calls back up "Thorn there is another door that needs your magic fingers down here" **
(366) Jarvis: (Calling, but not yelling) "Hey, everyone. There's a letter or something here"
** Thom apporaches Sevis as he mentions 'locked'. "And what lock is in your way this time?" **
(370) Morti: :shrugs: "Maybe the attackers locked up afterwards to be annoying to anyone who showed up"
** Thom bows to Sevis and grins at him before kneeling once again to open yet another lock. **
Sevis Goloens: "Oh didnt see you came back down as well, this door here" ((Door to 2a))
** (362) Daelan La'neral walks down the stairs,stopping near the others," Jarvis found a letter or something up there." **
(370) Morti: "Letter of what?"
** Thom ignores the conversation - concentrating on the task before him. **
(366) Jarvis: "Don't know, reading it now"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I have no idea,more than likely written by a Human anyways."
(370) Morti: "What if the Dwarf wrote it?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Then I doubt Jarvis could read it."
(370) Morti: "Why not? A dwarf can know how to write in common,:
** (366) Jarvis starts reading out loud "Dearest Kale" **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " If the dwarf did write the letter he would do so in his own language,because most likely it would be meant for someone he knows."
(366) Jarvis: "I am writing to you to keep myself from going insane. This room is haunted and I fear for my life"
(366) Jarvis: "You must believe me"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " See Human."
(370) Morti: "Dwarfs know humans. This one was travelling with a few. And so are you."
(366) Jarvis: "They came to me, demanding that I remove my mirror and silver brush. They begged me to leave Dineon before he killed me"
** (366) Jarvis glances up at the bickering. "A dwarf could know a human who didn't know dwarven" **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " A dwarf with a mirror and brush,nope Human."
(366) Jarvis: "Now I wish I had listened. I have grown very fond of you in these short few days. Please be careful. If Dineon should ever find this letter, I'm sure he will kill both of us.
(366) Jarvis: "With a desparate heart, Valsina"
** Thom glares back at the quarell as well. "Do you two mind? You are a bit distracting. If you want to get past this door safely, some quiet would help." **
** Sevis Goloens waits for Thorn to finish with the door so I can get away fom the stupidity that is spewing from Daelan's mouth **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33)
** (366) Jarvis looks up from the letter. "Unfortunately, that doesn't explain the many bodies. One or two, it might, but not dozens" **
(370) Morti: :to Thom: "Sorry."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Why the mirror and silver brush?"
(358) Atross: "Maybe not the room that was haunted."
(366) Jarvis: "Enchanted?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [2,20] = (22)
(370) Morti: :shrugs: "I dunno. Are they even here? Or are they where whoever sent the letter is?"
** Thom turns back to the door and begins to work on the lock. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [3,20] = (23)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I can understand the brush,silver can be melted down and used against werebeasts and some undead,but why the mirror?"
(370) Morti: :shrugs: "Guess we'll find out...or we won't."
(370) Morti: Knowledge: History Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
(366) Jarvis: "Mirrors are used in certain spells"
** Sevis Goloens goes back out to the carrege while Thorn works to check on Rhian **
** Thom works on the door and stops for a moment, removing his tools and peering into the lock, before trying them again. **
(370) Morti: :to thom: "Um... howabout we just break it down?"
** (362) Daelan La'neral looks at Morti. **
Thom: "It will be.. just... a second..."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " A thick oaken door,with steel bands for reenforcement,not likely."
(366) Jarvis: "It'd be quicker. If anyone's here, they already know we are"
(366) Jarvis: (To Daelan) "I doubt the door was built to take a bear ramming it"
Thom: "Then feel free to go your own way and make all the noise you want. No simple lock is going to best me."
** (370) Morti moves to Jarvis while Thom works, reading the letter over his shoulder "I think there was a general in this area named Dineon... maybe we should ask Miss Rhian about it." **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " These doors were built just for that,anything less than a battering ram and several strong Humans to wield it and perhaps a few hours too."
(366) Jarvis: "Might be an idea"
** (366) Jarvis smiles at Daelan. "There's always the walls." **
** Thom finally turns his tools into a new position and he removes them. "There. Hmm, it didn't appear to be as difficult as it was, oh well." **
(354) DM: (I need to know where everyone is)
(370) Morti: (standing in the hall outside 2a)
(362) Daelan La'neral: (( with Thom))
** Thom puts his tools away and motions to Sevis. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: (( sevis is outside with rhain))
(366) Jarvis: ((Erm.. I was in the room with the letter, then moved to where Thom and Daelan are))
Thom: (( door to 2a ))
** Sevis Goloens comes back and opens the door **
** (358) Atross is at the bottom of the stairs. **
** (366) Jarvis opens the door Thom just unlocked. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Everyone stand still please."
** (362) Daelan La'neral looks down at the floor. **
(362) Daelan La'neral: " There are some tracks here that are not ours."
(366) Jarvis: "Erm... Y'know, I think it was this place that was haunted"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Morti can you cast more light for me?"
(354) DM: The door opens to reveal some kind of office. (Details to follow if the room is entered)
** (370) Morti brings the flame lower to the ground for Daelan **
** (366) Jarvis enters the room, slowly, looking around carefully. **
** Sevis Goloens enters the room to look around **
** Thom waits for Daelan's discovery before entering the room. **
** (362) Daelan La'neral looks up at Jarvis and Sevis as they enter the room **
(366) Jarvis: (To Daelan) "Did you see... anything... as you came in here?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Well they do not go into the room,they are quite faint,but given the chance I could follow them."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " No I just happened to notice them at the bottom of the stairs."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " No one has moved around in here for months,perhaps years,the dust on the floor nearly hides the tracks."
** (358) Atross now follows Sevis into the office. **
(354) DM: This small room is furnished very simply, having only a large desk with spaces for chairs on both sides. Quills and writing supplies can be seen on the desk as well as an open leatherbound book. A door can be seen on the opposite wall, slightly ajar.
** (362) Daelan La'neral waits until all the others have entered the room. **
(354) DM: (stopping in 20 minutes since I'm beginning to fall asleep, lol)
(366) Jarvis: "I... ah... I think I saw... someone... as I opened the door. In that corner" He gestures
** (370) Morti heads into the office looking around. He checks the desk for still usable ink and parchment **
Thom: "Then, it may be just that - old tracks." he says as he enters the next room as well.
** Sevis Goloens leaves the search of the room to Jarvis and goes though the door that slightly ajar **
** (362) Daelan La'neral slowly walks around the room,and slowly and carefully looks the desk over. **
(370) Morti: "Eh?" :glances to the corner in quesiton:
** Thom searches the desk over, checking for any traps. **
(370) Morti: :to Jarvis: "What do you mean... you saw someone?"
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps it is just your mind playing tricks on you Jarvis,or the dim light."
** (358) Atross looks around the room as he heads towards the desk. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [18,14] = (32)
(366) Jarvis: "A woman..." He turns to Daelan "Yeah, it could've been. But after mention of a haunted room, I though it was worth mentioning"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
(362) Daelan La'neral: " Well Morti claims to have kissed a ghost,so who knows."
** (362) Daelan La'neral moves out of the room following Sevis. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [6,14] = (20)
** (366) Jarvis lets out a small snort of laughter. "Just when you feel the conversation can't become stranger" **
** (358) Atross cautiously reads what's written on the open page of the book. **
** Thom starts trying to open the drawers of the desk, looking for answers. **
(354) DM: It seems to be a record of business transactions carried out over a long period of time.
(358) Atross: (Any purchase of a mirror or silver brush?)
(354) DM: The only thing of note is a sealed scroll tube.
(354) DM: (nope)
(370) Morti: "Still... " :takes out a bit of leather, gestuiring about and speaking encantations before annointing Jarvis with is, a glimmer of purple and blue energy passes over the man for a brief second before fading away.Yet the force remains (mage armor) : "It's best not to be touched by some ghosts"
(366) Jarvis: "Uh... Thanks. I'm not going to wake up tomorrow with two heads or something, am I?"
(370) Morti: "No..." :turns to the desk: "That hardly ever happens anymore..."
** Thom picks up the scroll tube and calls out to Morti. "This looks like something you might know more about." **
(366) Jarvis: (Looking around the room, calling out) "Hey, erm... ghost... person. Any chance of a chat?"
(366) Jarvis: (To Morti) "Y'know, you might want to learn to choose your words better"
** (370) Morti perusies the trade ledger for familiar names from the letter or barrel **
(370) Morti: :to Jarvis: "I speak good enough"
Thom: "Actually Morti - I meant this..." Thom hands to him a sealed scroll tube.
(386) Norfirion (enter): 02:21
(370) Morti: "Eh?" :takes the tube, looking it over a moment before opening it:
** Sevis Goloens come back into the main room "even the closet is locked" **
Thom: "Wow, they didn't want anything moving around, did they? Very well - show me this so called locked closet."
(370) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(354) DM: A bolt of lightning escapes out of the scroll tube as Morti opens it.
(354) DM: It narrowly misses the diminutive mage and blasts a hole in the desk drawer.
Sevis Goloens: "Who what was that?"
** (358) Atross leaps back as the lightning escapes the tube. **
(370) Morti: "YaaAAaghh!"
Sevis Goloens: (( *Whoa ))
** (366) Jarvis jumps backwards. "Nice security" **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [6d6] -> [1,4,3,3,2,6] = (19)
(358) Atross: "Whoever uses this place must have a lot of keys."
** Thom leans away from the lightning. "Uh, sorry Morti. Nothing else here has been trapped." **
** (366) Jarvis glances at the desk. "That, or they had other ways of opening drawers" **
** Sevis Goloens points into the other room, "the closet is in there" **
** Thom makes sure Morti is ok, and then heads into the next room. **
Sevis Goloens: "Hope what was in there was not destroyed"
** (370) Morti grumbles, as he trembles a bit from the shock, otherwise he seems alright **
** (362) Daelan La'neral moves slowly around the room Sevis just left,looking for any old tracks,moving slowly around the fireplace as well. **
** Thom enters the room Daelan is in. "Sevis said something about an annoying locked closet." **
** (362) Daelan La'neral points to the door,then asks if Thom needs a lantern as there are 2 in here. **
** (370) Morti dumps out a a bit of twisted metal from the tube onto the desk **
(354) DM: A furious woman floats through the fireplace and shouts at Daelan, "I will teach you to disturb my things, live one!"
Thom: "Sure, thanks."
(362) Daelan La'neral: " I have not touched anything of yours."
** Sevis Goloens heads back into the room to wait for Thorn to open the closet **
(354) DM: (init)
Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
(362) Daelan La'neral: INIT: [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26)
(358) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(354) DM: (only those in room 2 which would be Daelan, Thom and Sevis)
** (366) Jarvis looks at Daelan "I hate to say I told you so, but...", and prepares to cast a spell (Init [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)) **
(370) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
(387) Lingelen (enter): 02:27
(366) Jarvis: ((Erm... I was in the room with them, was I not?))
(370) Morti: (nvm then)
(387) Lingelen (exit): 02:28
Thom: (( we went into the room past the office with desk. ))
** (370) Morti examines the metal piece for any more danger (detect magic) **
(354) DM: (if you were in the office, then no)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18)
(366) Jarvis: ((Okie doke. Nevermind then))
Sevis Goloens: (( ya only Dealen, Thorn and I are in the bedroom ))
(354) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
(354) DM: (next reg camp session -- in 3 weeks, begins with combat)
(366) Jarvis: ((Ah, yes. I am fast beginning to expect your little cliff-hangers))
(354) DM: I have init order saved.
(354) DM: :)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms