Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: Igorweild, Jamesler


Back to Damrosil Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(900) DM: (anyone need a recap?)
(954) Garret: (just a starting point)
(936) Daelan La'neral: ( nope facing 2 giants in the woods)
(900) DM: (ok)
(946) Helisandra: (( let's go... :) ))
(900) DM: The way becomes broader as you head steadily onwards and eventually the remains of a broad road are discovered -- more of the major trade route that once passed Loring's Wood, long abandoned. The terrain is quite hilly and rocky, and the foot hills of mountains can be seen far away through the trees. There is a booming noise like thunder, though the sky holds no hint of a storm.
(900) DM: The crumbling stones swing in a wide curve around the foot of a hill. Before you, the road runs straight through a narrow defile, heading sharply upwards. About 150 yards ahead of you, there is the mouth of a cave, perfectly circular and highly carved, framing two gigantic figures. The thunder is their laughter, as they are engaged in some game, which you have clearly interrupted.
(900) DM: They say, "Step aside, ants, or suffer the consequences!" Stooping over, they each retrieve huge boulders from the roadside and hurl them at you, although the boulders miss. They appear to be giants, but you're unsure as to specifics.
(900) DM: (from last session)
** Tian Keth stops and looks to the others **
(954) Garret: :Calls up: "Fine then, We'll clear from you gaming area."
Tian Keth: "Daelan did you pass have to enter the cave last time you went to the Wheel?"
** (946) Helisandra stops dead in her tracks and looks at Daelan. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Well seems we are facing 2 giants,good thing is that they are strong like Tian here,but they are not smart like well Garret."
** (954) Garret looks about for a a "safe" course **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I have never been to the wheel Tian,so I do not know if going into the cave is the way or not."
(900) DM: There doesn't seem to be a safe passage, other than bypassing the cave.
(954) Garret: (is there a way off-road that doesn't run through where they're throwing rocks?)
(954) Garret: (hai hai)
** Tian Keth shrugs and turns back to the Giants **
** (936) Daelan La'neral takes a few steps forward,towards the Giants. **
** (946) Helisandra waits near the back, waiting to find out what the options are, but she keeps an eye on the giants, in case they move to hurl more stones at her and her friends. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Excuse me,do you know the way to the wheel?"
** (954) Garret continues toward the cave, figuring it will at leaqst be "out of the way", but keeps on the defensive for falling rockc "Perhaps they know where it is then" **
** Tian Keth takes a few steps back **
(900) DM: One of the giants seems to not have heard you, instead picking up a boulder and hefting it, looking meaningfully at Garret.
** (936) Daelan La'neral repeats the same question in elven. **
(900) DM: It heaves it at Daelan. (Reflex)
(936) Daelan La'neral: Reflex save: [1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31)
(900) Giant:: We warned you, ant!
** (900) Giant: grumbles that it missed, and looks for another boulder. His companion guffaws. **
** Tian Keth follows Garret **
** (936) Daelan La'neral unslings his bow,his hand near his quiver. **
(954) Garret: :calls out as he approiaches at a hurried pace: "We're coming forth to get out of your hurling area. Be patient a second, please."
(900) Giant:: Oh, so you want to play?
Tian Keth: "Daelan dont shoot at them"
(954) Garret: "No, we simply wish to pass"
** (900) Giant: picks up another boulder, about the size of a small pony. "Oh, but we want to!" **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I do not wish to fight,I just want to pass is all."
(900) DM: The other giant picks up a barbed club.
(954) Garret: "Please think this over. We wish no harm on you , or ourselves." :speaks with stern conviction:
** (946) Helisandra moves slowly with the group, keeping a close eye on the giants and their 'play toys'. **
** Tian Keth moves up next to Garret letting him do the talking, but has his hand on his weapon if the Giants do not back down **
** (900) Giant: guffaws. "Didja hear the liddle guy? He wants to talk! Let's show him why we don't take no fer an answer!" (hurls the boulder at Garret, Reflex and init) **
** Tian Keth motions for the others to move up closer as well **
(954) Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
Tian Keth: INIT: [1d20+12] -> [12,12] = (24)
(900) DM: (Tian, that would apply to you as well)
(954) Garret: init: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
Tian Keth: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
(954) Garret: "I have no wish to talk with you. Just to pass"
(900) DM: (rest of you aren't in init?)
(936) Daelan La'neral: INIT: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
(946) Helisandra: (( wasn't sure if we were included in the init or not... ))
(946) Helisandra: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
(900) DM: (Cale?)
(941) Calehan: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(941) Calehan: (If you insist, I'll roll high this time though)
(900) DM: (lol)
(900) DM: (24, G)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [3,-1] = (2)
(946) Helisandra: (( isn't Garret a 5? ))
(936) Daelan La'neral: ( i think he meant giants 24)
(954) Garret: (believe that's a typo)
(900) DM: (ah yes, sorry, I interposed the rolls)
(970) DIGG (enter): 22:06
(900) DM:
(24, H)
(972) Kinslayer (enter): 22:07
(900) DM:
(that's you, Heli)
** (946) Helisandra comes up from the rear or the group and speaks to the giants. "If you ignore us, you can continue to play with each other. After all, we would not be as fun to play with." She lays her hands across her lap, looking calm and relazed, but her hands reach to near her rapiers, just in case. **
(900) DM:
The giant with the club grins, fingering a grotesque necklace of fingerbones around its neck.
(970)
DIGG (whispering): still recruiting?
** (900) Giant (club) grins dumbly, showing a mouth full of rotted teeth and swings the club menancingly. **
(946) Helisandra:
(( done. ))
(973) Utis Malondio (enter):
22:11
(973) Utis Malondio (exit):
22:11
whispering to
DIGG, no
(900) Giant (club):
(24, T)
(970)
DIGG (whispering): ....
(970)
DIGG (exit): 22:12
** Tian Keth didges the rock and quickly moves to attack shouting "These Ants sting and since you refused to let us pass peacfully...." **
Tian Keth:
Frenzy Fang Attack Roll: [1d20+15] -> [1,15] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [5,1,2] = (8)
(900) DM:
(which one? giant with the club or giant with the rock?)
Tian Keth:
((Rock))
(900) DM:
(fyi, they're both within 5' of each other.)
(900) DM:
(k)
(900) DM:
It nimbly steps aside from your attack, which surprises you for a creature this size.
(900) DM:
(22, C)
** Tian Keth growls **
** (941) Calehan sighs at the foolishness of two mere giants attacking an unknown armed party, especially considering the last party traveling through these woods. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [19,16] = (35).[1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+16] -> [19,16] = (35)
** (941) Calehan draws his daggers and casts shield to prepare a defense. **
(941) Calehan:
(How far am I from them?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8] -> [3,1] = (4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8] -> [3,2] = (5)
(900) DM:
(20')
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [14,15] = (29)
(900) DM:
(anything else?)
(941) Calehan:
(that's fine then)
(900) DM:
(8, D)
(936) Daelan La'neral: ( me?)
(900) DM:
(you're the only one named Daelan :))
(954) Garret:
(checking: are there woods behind us?)
** (936) Daelan La'neral fires one arrow only,then draws the next one and casts embue spell on it.( to be fired next round) **
(900) DM:
(either side of the ravine. think of woods at either end, with the path connecting, and a cave in one side of a foothill.)
(936) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+20] -> [12,20] = (32) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [5,3,3,0] = (11)
(977) Gaucho (enter): 22:22
(936) Daelan La'neral: ( at the one with the club)
(900) DM:
The giant is caught off guard by the arrow, which now sticks in it's left side. It reaches to pluck it out and snarls, foaming at his mouth.
(900) DM:
(5, Gar)
** (954) Garret draws his bow and an arrow with practiced speed. "I suppose this is the way things go." and looses his arrows at the club bearer **
(954) Garret:
Seeking Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+13] -> [12,13] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] -> [6,1,0] = (7)
(954) Garret:
Seeking Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] -> [1,1,0] = (2)
(900) DM:
Two more dull thuds land, as new wounds appear on its form. It tries to swat the bolts aside, in futility, which only enrages it as it's wounded.
(900) DM:
(2, the giants)
(977) Gaucho (exit): 22:27
(900) DM:
The giant with the club reaches over to Tian, heaving it's club upwards and bringing it down with all of its might on Tian's skull (AC 35, threat and critical, 24 damage). Next, it aims as if to sideswipe your (Tian's) head in an attempt to break his neck (AC 26).
Tian Keth:
(Hit and miss)
(946) Helisandra:
(( we got woods on both sides of us. I just kinda expected our 'leader' to say something - even if he still attacked. :) ))
(946) Helisandra:
(( whoops... so much for whispering... ))
(900) DM:
It snarls in frustration as it misses. It's companion drops the boulder it had been holding (AOO if you wish, Tian).
** Tian Keth swings out with his sword still a bit dazed by the club attack **
Tian Keth:
Frenzy Fang Attack Roll: [1d20+15] -> [3,15] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [5,1,2] = (8)
(900) DM:
It drops the rock and moves forward as if to pummel Tian.
(900) DM:
(miss)
(900) DM:
It sneers with disdain, and smashes a fist into Tian's ribs. (AC 29)
Tian Keth:
((Miss))
(900) DM:
(24, H)
** Tian Keth dodges the fist niblely though still slightly dazed **
(928) Jamie (enter): 22:31
** (946) Helisandra has a hint of a smile as peace did not work, so she moves to the giant facing Tian, drawing out her rapiers as she does. She spins and twists to gets past him (Tumble - [1d20+17] -> [17,17] = (34)) and spins her red rapier into an attack from behind the beast. **
(946) Helisandra:
Attack [1d20+14] -> [16,14] = (30)
(984) Utis Malondio (enter):
22:33
(946) Helisandra:
Damage - [1d6+3] -> [4,3] = (7) and [4d6] -> [2,6,1,3] = (12) sneak attack.
(900) DM:
(so 19 total?)
(946) Helisandra:
(( yep ))
(928) Jamie (exit): 22:34
(984) Utis Malondio (exit): 22:34
(900) DM:
It staggers slightly backwards, making loud strangling noises as it's beset by more than one foe. You realize that it's probably unused to this type of conflict.
(900) DM:
(24, T)
(946) Helisandra:
"I told you we wouldn't be fun to play with."
** Tian Keth shakes his head and growls as he attack **
Tian Keth:
Frenzy Fang Attack Roll: [1d20+15] -> [11,15] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [1,1,2] = (4)
Tian Keth:
Frenzy Fang Attack Roll: [1d20+10] -> [18,10] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [2,1,2] = (5)
Tian Keth:
Frenzy Fang Crit Check: [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19) ===> Critical Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [6,1,2] = (9)
(900) DM:
Crimson rivulets of blood stream from its torso and legs, from its wounds.
(900) DM:
(19 isn't a crit)
Tian Keth:
((Ok so 9dmg total))
(900) DM:
(22, C)
(941) Calehan:
(So Tian and Heli are flanking the club waving giant?)
(900) DM:
(yes)
(900) DM:
(and Tian is flanked by both of the giants)
(900) DM:
It's movements seem less sure of itself, slower.
(900) DM:
(Cale?)
** (941) Calehan moves up opposite the other giant from Tian before casting and striking with a chill touch spell on his favorite spell storing dagger. **
(941) Calehan:
Attack: +1 Dagger [1d20+5+3+1+1+2] -> [19,5,3,1,1,2] = (31)
(900) DM:
(damage pls)
(900) DM:
(also describe any effects if you wish)
(941) Calehan:
[1d4+1] -> [4,1] = (5) dagger. [1d6] -> [3] = (3) negative energy. [2d6] -> [6,3] = (9) sneak attack.
(941) Calehan:
(rolling for the threat)
(941) Calehan:
Attack: +1 Dagger [1d20+5+3+1+1+2] -> [20,5,3,1,1,2] = (32)
(900) DM:
(yes, I'd say that qualifies lol)
(941) Calehan:
[1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2) dagger. [1d6] -> [1] = (1) negative energy. (multiplying for the relevent damage)
(941) Calehan:
(5 and 2 and 3 and 9 and 1 for a total of 20 damage.)
(941) Calehan:
(argh, dice overload)
(900) DM:
It's movements are distinctively slow now, as it's affected by the magicka inside the dagger. (8, D)
** (936) Daelan La'neral fires his first arrow into the ground next to Garret( embued arrow. Obscurring Mist) then fires his next arrow into the Gaint with no weapon. **
(941) Calehan:
(two more rolls I'm afraid
(900) DM:
(hold that please, D)
** (941) Calehan sinks in his dagger and as it connects a burst of light signals the release of the stored spell. **
(941) Calehan:
Force Damage: Magic Missile [5d4+5] -> [4,1,3,4,4,5] = (21)
(900) DM:
(also firing into melee means you might hit either C or Garret, remember that.)
(941) Calehan:
(again, all on the unarmed ogre)
(900) DM:
The giant with the club suddenly drops to the ground, all life extinguished. (Reflex, Garret and Tian)
(954) Garret:
(I'm not next to it)
Tian Keth:
Reflex save: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
(900) DM:
(if you're flanking, you were)
(954) Garret:
(either hali ore Cale is)
(946) Helisandra:
(( I was, not Garret ))
(941) Calehan:
(That'd be me and Tian, Heli is over on the other side.)
(900) DM:
(k)
(946) Helisandra:
Reflex: [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26)
(954) Garret:
(Heli or Cael even*)
(941) Calehan:
Reflex: [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14)
(954) Garret:
(Cale... urgh... damn my poor typing!)
(900) DM:
(yes, I scrolled up, sorry.)
(900) DM:
It falls to the ground, as a grunt escapes from its lips, cut off by it's sudden death. You (Calehan) are knocked off balance by its fall.
(900) DM:
(8, Dael)
** Tian Keth seeing one giant fall shouts to the remaining Giant "Stop attacking so we do not have to kill you as well" **
** (936) Daelan La'neral fires his first arrow( embued spell. Obscurring Mist) into the dead Giant,( the spell centered on it) then fires his next arrow into the last Giant. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+20] -> [5,20] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [7,3,3,0] = (13)
(936) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+15] -> [10,15] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [6,3,3,0] = (12)
(900) DM:
Flames engulf it, as it becomes enraged.
(900) DM:
(5, Gar)
(936) Daelan La'neral: ( Tian,Hali and Cale are now in the fog area)
(900) DM:
The arrow struck the ground, releasing a bank of misty white haze, further confusing the giant.
(946) Helisandra:
(( how much does obscuring mist block our sight? ))
(936) Daelan La'neral: ( 5' or less)
(900) DM:
(all sight beyond 5')
(900) DM:
(includes darkvision)
(946) Helisandra:
(( so, if we are within 5', we can see just fine. Right? ))
(936) Daelan La'neral: ( yep)
(954) Garret:
(20% miss chance at 5')
(900) DM:
(anything beyond 5' is obscured.)
(954) Garret:
(50% beyond that)
(946) Helisandra:
(( ok - to get to the point. Can I still get sneak attack on this giant since I would be within 5' to attack anyway? ))
(900) DM:
(I need an action from Garret.)
(954) Garret:
(oops, missed it sorry)
(941) Calehan:
(to get to the point, due to a clause in in sneak attack, any miss chance from concealment makes it inapplicable.)
(900) DM:
(no, the giant is not in the aoe, as the spell is centered on the arrow)
** (954) Garret drops his bow and rushes in through the fog to take position behind Tain and draws his sword in a quick outward slash for the giants inner leg **
(954) Garret:
+1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [6,16] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [5,2,2,1,4] = (14)
(954) Garret:
+1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [1,11] = (12) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [7,2,4,1,4] = (18)
(900) DM:
(you are in the aoe, the giant is not.)
(954) Garret:
(first roll onlY)
(900) DM:
(yes)
(900) DM:
It staggers to the left, stunned by your attack. With a cry of rage and possibly shame, it charges forward blindly, out of the cave and flees. (Heli and C have an AOO, as does D, since the giant flees back in the direction you came from.)
(941) Calehan:
Attack: +1 Dagger [1d20+5+3+1+1] -> [2,5,3,1,1] = (12)
(946) Helisandra:
(( what penalty for those of us in the mist? ))
** (941) Calehan swats menacingly, but harmlessly, as the giant runs by. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral watches the Giant,then times his shot so it runs into my arrow. **
(900) DM:
(C was thrown off balance when the other giant fell, btw.)
** (946) Helisandra quickly swings at the giant as she gets a glimpse of it fleeing (Attack - [1d20+12] -> [8,12] = (20)) **
(900) DM:
(damage pls)
(946) Helisandra:
[1d6+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(900) DM:
(those of you lurking, I'll have you know that combat is one of my weaknesses. always has been.)
(946) Helisandra:
(( keeps it more interesting that way. :) ))
(936) Daelan La'neral: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+20] -> [7,20] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] -> [8,3,2,0] = (13)
(900) DM:
It coughs up some blood as knives come out of nowhere, slicing into it's legs. Another flame arrow lands between it's shoulder blades, slowing it some, but it does not stop.
(900) DM:
It continues running for the safety of the trees beyond. (24, H)
** (946) Helisandra steps out of the mist to see the beast fleeing. "I warned him that we wouldn't be fun to play with. Maybe he will be careful who he plays with in the future." **
(941) Calehan:
"It's a lot quieter now at least."
** (946) Helisandra looks around to see how her companions are, content to let the giant be. (done) **
(900) DM:
It enters the treeline and disappears.
** (936) Daelan La'neral slings his bow and walks up to where the others are. **
** Tian Keth puts his weapon away and gives chase to stop the fleeing Giant not kill it **
** (936) Daelan La'neral watches Tian run into the woods," Where is he going?" **
** (946) Helisandra shrugs. "It's Tian. Who knows?" **
** (954) Garret pulls a rag from his pocket to wipe off his blade before returning it to its sheathe. "Tian. It's legs are too long for you. Let him go." **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Ahh I see Helisandra,another Human trait?"
(954) Garret:
"Besides." :points to the trail of blood, and presumably broken branches, "He leaves a pretty easy trail to follow"
(946) Helisandra:
"Is what a human trait?"
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Running off after a wounded Giant."
(946) Helisandra:
"Depends on the human. Tian always has his own way of doing things often, and they are Tian traits."
(954) Garret:
"No... it's instinct."
** (954) Garret glances to Daelan. "So... through the cave then?" **
** (936) Daelan La'neral waits until the Mist has cleared,then inspects the fallen Giants necklace. **
** (946) Helisandra sheathes her blades and peers at the cave entrance, a smirk coming across her face. "Well, I have always wondered what a giant's cave looks like." **
** (941) Calehan takes a last look around before wiping his used blade on the felled giant, recharging it's stored spell, and returning both blades to their proper places. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " As I stated before Garret,I have never been to the wheel,my party never made it that far when we were attacked."
(954) Garret:
"Forgive me. I figured you atleast knew where you were heading."
(946) Helisandra:
"I'll go see if there is a back way. I'll be right back."
** (954) Garret heads toward the cave after Heli, checking out it's interior from the mouth **
(1006) GM-Bubba (enter):
23:15
** (946) Helisandra runs into the cave, not bothering to light a torch or anything. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Calehan."
(941) Calehan:
"I'm fine with waiting here for when Tian catches up. Just yell if anything finds you."
(954) Garret:
"Careful girl, they may have roomates about."
** (946) Helisandra calls out from within the cave. "Daelan, you might want to see this." **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " If you will,please cut this necklace off the Giant so that I may bury it in respect for those who fell to this beast."
** (954) Garret pulls his everburning torch and heads in after the scout girl **
** (936) Daelan La'neral hearing Helisandra heads towards the cave. **
(941) Calehan:
"Certainly proper."
** (946) Helisandra points out the bodies of a couple of dead elves to Daelan once he and Garret enter. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I would do no less for Humans if they were Human fingers around its neck."
** (936) Daelan La'neral enters the cave,walking over to the dead elves,carefully inspecting them.( determining race,age,what killed them) **
** (941) Calehan hesitates as Helisandra calls, but finishes cutting the necklace free and hurries to catch up. **
** (946) Helisandra waits for Daelan and Garret at the elf bodies. "I didn't find any other ways out of here either, I guess we could just continue on past the cave." **
(900) DM:
(green elves, young, perhaps past the age of wandering. a blow to the back of their heads is what killed them.)
(954) Garret:
"Alright then, We'll bury the bodies and move on."
** (946) Helisandra nods in agreement with Garret, then waits for Daelan to let them know what needs to be done. **
(1013) tiger (enter):
23:22
** (936) Daelan La'neral face pales slightly as he looks down at the dead elves." They were some of the ones that stayed behind when I left." **
(1013) tiger (exit):
23:22
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Cut them down please,they will be buried."
** (946) Helisandra gently places a hand on Daelan's shoulder, "I am sorry Daelan." **
** (954) Garret nods, giving no argument as he goes to careful cut the elves down **
(900) DM:
Tian returns after a few minutes.
** Tian Keth calls out as he is returning "There are guides on the way, they say something very evil lurks near the wheel, but they will show us the way there" **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Such is the way of life,I shall inform the relatives when I return to our village."
** (954) Garret has stripped his coat to handle the bodies. Seeing Tian's approach, he inquires, "What Guides?" **
** (946) Helisandra nods to Daelan and then removes her hand and helps Garret. **
** (946) Helisandra glances at Garret, then at Tian, then back to Garret. "With Tian, what do you think?" she asks with a smirk. **
Tian Keth:
"Some friends of the woods. Oh and the Giant said this cave was his home I dont know if we need to go thoguh it or not so I plan on waiting here for my friends to come show us the way"
** (936) Daelan La'neral begins to place rocks on the bodies of the 2 dead elves,not stopping until they are completly covered. **
(946) Helisandra:
"I didn't find any ways out of the back of the cave Tian, but it would be nice to have some guide to show us the best way.
** Tian Keth assista Daelan while waiting and listening to the wolves **
(900) DM:
After an hour or so, a silver-haired wolf pads down the ravine, and howls in your direction.
(954) Garret: :helping
bury the elves, asks simply of Tian's guides: "Wolf friends?"
** (936) Daelan La'neral digs a hole and places the necklace of fingers in it,then fills it back up. **
(900) DM:
(strike that)
(1016) Rayman (enter):
23:30
(1006) GM-Bubba (exit):
23:30
** (946) Helisandra assists where she can with the process, helping place stones over the elves bodies. **
** (941) Calehan can find nothing helpful to say and sagely keeps his mouth shut as he lends what assistance he can. **
** Tian Keth howls a greating and greats the wolf in a way the others cannot asking its name **
(900) DM:
After an hour or so, a silver-haired wolf pads down the ravine from the other end, and howls a plaintive note in your direction.
(900) DM:
It howls again, in response, this time, keening slightly longer.
Tian Keth:
"Come our guide is here"
** (954) Garret nods, and offers a respectable bow to the wolf, ready to follow **
** Tian Keth sets out after the wolf slowing his pace untill the others are mounted on on their way **
** (936) Daelan La'neral looks down at the rock piles,speaking quietly." Their death was needless,had I stayed they may have lived,twice I have failed in keeping my brethren safe,I shall not fail again,even if it means my death. On this I swear." **
** (946) Helisandra wipes her hands off and falls into line with the others, covering the rear. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral turns and follows the others,stopping once to look back,then continues onward. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral jogs alongside of Helisandra's horse. **
** Tian Keth waits till the others have caught up then says "Her name is Silver, she is the companion of a druid in these woods" **
(900) DM:
The wolf looks curiously at Daelan, sniffing the air in his direction, and whuffs. It bows its head, waiting for Tian.
** (936) Daelan La'neral bows in return to the wolf. **
(1020) Durion (enter): 23:38
** Tian Keth follows the wolf making sure to lead a way the horses can follow easaly and still keep up with Silver **
(1020) Durion (exit): 23:39
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I hope nothing has happened to the Elders."
** Tian Keth makes sure to keep open to the wolves and is enjoying the general banter while he follows Silver **
Tian Keth:
((AFK Bio Break))
(954) Garret:
:to Daelan: "If you wish you may return to your village while we continue on. This is not your responsibility after all."
** (946) Helisandra follows those leading, keeping her eyes and ears open to those things around them. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I am here and the Elders are here,if something has happened to them,perhaps it is as you say that fate has sent me here for a reason,besides you may need my bow more now than ever."
(954) Garret:
"AS long as you have your reasons..."
** (954) Garret steers his horse along, following close enough behind Tian and alert for anything about. He rides with his bow in hand, just in case. **
(946) Helisandra:
"If something has happened Daelen, know that we humans will feel the pain as well."
(1024) Adam500 (enter):
23:45
(936) Daelan La'neral: " You are strange for a Human Garret,there are times when you speak with wisdom."
** (941) Calehan follows the leaders and tries to enjoy the change from the usual city travel; no easy task considering the dirt, the branches, and the constant rattling from the horses. **
(954) Garret:
"Wisdom and waning emotion are easily misconstrued"
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Then I have spoke in err,I had no idea you were so emotional Garret."
Tian Keth:
((Back))
(954) Garret:
:shrugs: "No.. pretty much just talking out my ass"
(1024) Adam500 (exit):
23:48
** (946) Helisandra watches Garret, remembering some not too distant past, in silence. **
** Tian Keth calls back to the others "Silver said the evil that is lurking around is some type of small drake, though large enough the Shadow elves give it a wide area" **
** (936) Daelan La'neral looks up at Helisandra," Is that a Human trait as well?" **
(954) Garret:
"metaphorically speaking...." :points out for some:
(946) Helisandra:
"For many, yes. But what is rare is finding someone who is willing to admit it." She smiles to Daelen. "Just how many humans have you met before, anyway."
Tian Keth:
"Silver said this drak is threatening the balance of the woods, maybe we should kill it, or drive it out"
(954) Garret: :to
Tian: "Does it feeed carrion?"
(954) Garret:
"Perhaps we could go back for some giant flesh to lure it"
(936) Daelan La'neral: " To be honest,none until you arrived,we have viewed you Humans from a distance."
Tian Keth:
"It should not be hard to find, I am sure Silver can lead us, though will likly go away before it comes to us"
** (946) Helisandra chuckles. "That explains it some then. Think of humans like elves in general. There are many differences between individual humans, as there are differences between different types of elves." **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " If it has established a home here,it will not leave Tian."
(954) Garret: :sigh
: "I would rather not fight anything unnecessary. If we can avoid it, ask her to help us achieve that. If not, then let us find an advantagious spot to battle the beast"
Tian Keth:
"We should stop and tend our wounds before we get too close though"
(1016) Rayman (exit):
23:53
(1027) Qaz al-Maqal (enter): 23:53
Tian Keth:
"I dont think we can avoid it, I will ask though"
(946) Helisandra:
(( Heli calls out Elunthal - the healing battery. :) ))
(936) Daelan La'neral: " You are like no elves I have met,perhaps you speak of the Southern ones,they trade with you Humans,in my tribe we fight as a unit not as individuals,using our stregths and minimising our weaknesses."
(946) Helisandra:
"But think of all the differences you know of between yourselves, the southern elves, and even the Shadow elves. Huamsn are like that, but to an even greater extent. We tend to... well, we tend to be individuals first, and act in groups as a unit on occassion - using each others strengths to balance out weaknesses."
(954) Garret:
"And many gladly indulge in their weknesses and expect a few strong to handle everything for them, or just delude themselves into ingnoring their weaknesses and boasting strengths they don't really have."
** Tian Keth listens to the conversation but says nothing, keeping his attention on leading the way so the horses and riders dont have too many problems **
(946) Helisandra:
"Unfortunately, yes. Humans vary as much as the colors of the rainbow, and fall everywhere in between the extreames. Keep that in mind - it is very difficult to classify all humans with any one aspect."
(900) DM:
(k)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8+2] -> [1,1,2] = (4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d8+3] -> [7,1,8,3] = (19)
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Ahh I am begining to understand,there are good and bad in you Humans,just as with the elves,some are strong like Tian and others are weak like Calehan,but what he lacks in strength he makes up for his shortcomings by being better at something else."
Tian Keth:
"Well Silver says it is posible to avoit the Drake and still make it to the Wheel before night fall"
** Tian Keth smiles at Daelans comment **
(946) Helisandra:
"Yes Daelen, you are getting there."
Tian Keth:
"I would not say I am overly strong, there are others stronger, Garret for one"
(936) Daelan La'neral: " But what of Garret,he lacks strength and wisdom,where does one like him fall with you Humans?"
** (946) Helisandra pulls her horse to a stop, and calls out to Tian and those ahead of her. **
(954) Garret:
:to tian: "Alright. We'll take the sneaky way. Tian, you ride to rest from your wounds." :hops down from his horse:
** Tian Keth suddenly slows his pace **
** Tian Keth stops by a corpse and looks it over **
** (941) Calehan pulls up and looks around for whatever has got Helisandra's attention. **
(900) TaliesinNYC:
Description1: Beside the road, you find what looks like a human skeleton, badly dismembered and several weeks old. The clothes are in shreds, but not far from the skeleton is an old leather satchel. In the dim light, a scatter of silvery coins is visble and the remnants of a war hammer that looks as though lightning had struck it several times.
** (946) Helisandra moves to the front and tries to point out soemthing on the path ahead to Tian. "You see? There's what looks like a body ahead. Take a side path to make sure we aren't meeting any surprises, would you?" **
** (946) Helisandra then rides on to the body (that was just described apparently) to see exactly what she saw. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral unslings his bow,moving forward cautiously towards the skeleton. **
** (954) Garret leads his horse along as he approaches the body, "Ask silver it this thing looks like a victim of the drake" **
Tian Keth:
"Ok I think this is the Darkes teritory, Hopfully Silver can lead us in a way to avoid it but be ready just incase"
** Tian Keth draws his weapon **
(946) Helisandra:
"Lightning? Would a drake be able to harness such power?"
** (936) Daelan La'neral stopping short of the body,scanning the treetops. **
** Tian Keth shrugs :Guess I am wrong, Silver says it isnt" **
(941) Calehan:
"Some can."
(954) Garret:
"Wizardry then?"
(900) DM:
It appears to be the skeleton of a half-elf.
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps there are some answers in the satchel."
(946) Helisandra:
"As far as I know, it is not common for natural lightning to strike repeatedtly in one spot, so wizadry makes sense to me."
** (946) Helisandra pickes up the satchel and looks through for any other clues. **
(1027) Qaz al-Maqal (exit):
00:09
** (954) Garret looks about for anything else in the area **
** (946) Helisandra pulls out a leather bound book and thumbs through it, searching for an indication of who this person was, or why they were here. **
(900) DM:
A chill breeze wafts over you, seemingly out of nowhere.
(941) Calehan:
"Such lightning probably isn't natural. It looks like some money was left behind as well, though maybe most was taken."
Tian Keth:
"Silver says we are barly in its teritory and this was not killed by the Drake. Either way be on your guard, I am going to start sweeping to the sides a bit while we go to scrout. Let me know when you are ready to continue"
** Tian Keth sniffs the breeze for anything interesting **
** (936) Daelan La'neral inspects the handle of the warhammer,to see if it has any markings on it for the elven tribes. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: *from
(900) DM:
Embossed on the cover of the book is a silver circle with a bastard sword pointing upright. The name "Agrackan" is written in gold lettering above the circle. The book has a strange musty smell, like that of cracked leather...or perhaps rotting flesh.
(972) Kinslayer (exit):
00:11
(946) Helisandra:
"Agrackan? Anyone know that name?"
(941) Calehan:
"I suppose wild animals wouldn't leave the body so whole. Some druids can manipulate otherwise natural weather; it could be this person crossed one."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Whoever this person was,he or she fought with a dwarven weapon."
Tian Keth:
"The name is unknown to me"
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I do not know of that name."
(954) Garret:
Knowledge: Nobility and Royalty Skill Check: [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
(941) Calehan:
"It doesn't ring any bells."
** (946) Helisandra flips through the book to see if there are any indications near the end explaining what the half-elf was doing here. **
(954) Garret:
"No idea."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] -> [10] = (10)
(946) Helisandra:
"Agrackan"
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps he fell to the Novo-Thas'alin.
** (946) Helisandra frowns after a moment and closes the book. She hands it out to Calehan. "This looks like your thing. Spell book of some sort. But be careful of the trap." **
** (941) Calehan takes the book and asks, "Trap? What trap?" **
(946) Helisandra:
"Speak the name 'Agrackan' when you open it, or suffer the consequences. Says so in the front cover."
** Tian Keth starts pacing around and sniffing while the others go though the belonings **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Sitting here is not the wisest of actions,an ill wind blows,and we are being watched by something or someone."
** (946) Helisandra makes sure there is nothing else in the pack after passing the book over. **
(941) Calehan:
"We can keep moving, I'll see what's in it while we ride."
(946) Helisandra:
(( brb ))
** Tian Keth nots and lets Silver know to start leading again **
** (954) Garret stands, eyes scanning the brush, while the bow rests inhis hands: "Fine then, one we go." **
** Tian Keth starts off in a sweeping fashion ahead of the others scouting to try and make sure there are no surprizes, but keeping close enough to Silver to make sure he avoids the Drake **
** (936) Daelan La'neral follows along at the rear with Helisandra. **
** (941) Calehan casts read magic, then says "Agrackan" before opening the book and starts to read. **
** (946) Helisandra travels along with the group, trying to keep an eye out everywhere, not such to the sides. **
(946) Helisandra:
(( *just to ))
** (936) Daelan La'neral reaches into his pack,pulling out a potion of CMW and drinks it as he walks along. **
(900) DM:
After a few more hours of travel, you reach the site of the Wheel of Time.
** (936) Daelan La'neral stops just before entering the glade,looking the area over carefully. **
(900) DM:
There is a hillock in the center of a small clearing in the forest. A circle of stone monoliths surrounds the hillock. In the center, a great disc of stone deeply carved with runes and mystic symbols is mounted horizontally on carved representations of serpents.
** (946) Helisandra stops as Daelan does. She looks over the area as well, just to make sure. **
Tian Keth:
**/gm **thanks Silver for her service and asks if she would like to stay or return to her regular companion?
(900) DM:
In the center of the disc is a pinnacle about 10' tall, topped with a crystal. Emanating from this crystal are two brilliant beams of blue light, though the source of illumination is not visible. The vivid shafts of coruscating light strike the rim of the disc at two distinct and separate points.
Tian Keth:
((oops))
(936) Daelan La'neral: " It would seem we made it just in time."
(900) DM:
There is a star elf here, resting under the shadow of one of the monoliths. A star elf with long, vibrant red hair is bound back in a briad. Her tri colored eyes in concentric circles (outer ring indigo blue, Mediterranean blue and aqua pupils) are friendly, however, there is a loneliness that shows through.. Her armor is light leather in hues of sienna and earth tones, appears to carry nothing more than a belt pouch, a composite longbow, a quiver of arrows and a sheathed silver-hilted scimitar.
(900) DM:
Silver pads over to her and lays down beside her.
** Tian Keth aproches the else **
Tian Keth:
((elf))
** (936) Daelan La'neral steps forward,kneeling in front of her. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral head bowed **
Tian Keth:
"Hello you must be Silvers companion"
(954) Garret:
"Silver's companion?" :refering to the star elf:
(900) DM:
She smiles faintly, acknowledging you but saying nothing.
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
I am.
** (936) Daelan La'neral glares up at Tian," Kneel before the Elders." **
Tian Keth:
"Thank your for allowing her to lead us here."
** (946) Helisandra follows the pair into the clearing, trying to take in the sight. **
** Tian Keth ignores Daelan **
** (954) Garret nods and offers a bow before approaching, taking in the sight of the wheel thoughtfully **
** (900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb notices Daelan but says nothing, frowning slightly. **
Tian Keth:
"My name is Tain Keth, the others are friends of mine and can intoduce themselves" **grins**
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I am Daelan La'neral of the Asta'Rhimm.
(900) DM:
And just in time too, because it's shifting to twlight (late afternoon).
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Well met, Daelan.
** (936) Daelan La'neral stands,keeping his head bowed,not looking her in the eye. **
(954) Garret:
"Garret." :states simply and vageuly as he gives her an even glance
(946) Helisandra:
"Greetings, I am Helisandra." she introduces herself with a formal curtsy.
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Stand, do not prostrate yourselves before me. The goddess does not demand it.
Tian Keth:
"We came here to see the start of some prophacy that should happen tonight, though I would prefer to be chasing memories not prophacy"
** Tian Keth sits next to Silver and begins scratching behind her ears **
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Well met to all of you. I am Arianrhod, but you may call me Arian, or Ari, should you wish it.
** (941) Calehan waves slightly from the back and says, "I'm Calehan. It's a pleasure to actually meet people out here." **
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
You have come here to the Wheel. Why?
Tian Keth:
"So are you here to see the start of the prophacy as well Ari?"
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
I am the keeper of the Wheel. (bows)
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
If you refer to the prophecy known as the Words of Brie, that remains to be seen if this is the time. (coolly)
** Tian Keth smirks as a joke occurs to him but does not repeat it out loud **
(954) Garret:
"Well hopefully we're right in believing it will come soon. Do you mind if we sit a while and wait to see?"
Tian Keth:
"The wizard in the floating castle said it was tonight, so my friends wanted to come see the rituals and such involved"
** (900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb smiles slightly. "Certainly. The prophecy states that a hand of Loring the Lost will be used to verify its truth. If you have such a hand, then perhaps it will serve you well." **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Alarius bid us to come and see the Prophecy."
Tian Keth:
"I only have my own hands, maybe it was that glove was left back on the burial mound"
** Tian Keth turns to the others **
(946) Helisandra:
"So, without this hand, then is there any reason to even be here?"
Tian Keth:
"Did any of you by chance pick that glove up?"
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
There is another way, but the road is dangerous and fraught with peril.
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I spoke of the glove when we first saw it,but did any listen,now suddenly you think of it."
(954) Garret:
"What way is that praytell?"
** Tian Keth listens whiel petting Silver not realy caring about the prophacy at all **
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
There is a legend that the bard-king, Loring was also an enchanter who created many items of power. The Vale of Yvvivor lies not far from here and contains a place of great power, so great that not even the gods dare touch it for fear of tainting it. If you would go to this place, there is an item that Loring made that is rumored to still be there, that would serve you in this task.
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
You would be looking for a harp that predicts the future to it's wielder.
** (936) Daelan La'neral walks off by himself muttering something about how elves would have listened,but not Humans. **
** Tian Keth tries to calculate the distance back to the clearing where the glove was in a strait line though the woods not following the trails **
** (900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb lifts her gaze, wandering from Helisandra to Calehan, and then back to Garret, with a melancholy eye. **
** (946) Helisandra shakes her head at Daelan, but lets him walk off and listens to Ari speak. **
(954) Garret:
"What dangers await us if we enter this Vale?"
** (900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb peers at you sorrowfully. **
** (900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb walks over to the Wheel and concentrates for a moment. **
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
The crystal rises into the air, causing the disc to shimmer with a soft, faint, blue light. After a few moments, a figure of a half-elf coalesces in the midst of the now glowing stone disc.
(900) DM:
(whoops)
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Listen and heed well.
(900) Lamnian:
"Hear now the voice of Lamnian, who in his foolishness came to lay hands on the Book of Blood and was doomed.

"Dylihos of Djerdan it was who created the curse of the shimmering wrath to defend the Focus of Eryhil'n, where magicka creation is dangerously simplified. He had discovered the Focus and how to use it by working in conjunction with his associate, Agrackan Akarias, and he thought they were agreed that it should be defended against unwise use. But Dyhilos' reckoning was flawed, for he did not understand the ambitions of Agrackan.

"Agrackan drugged Dyhilos in an unguarded moment and took Dyhilos to the distant citadel of Geryzag, Agrackan's own lair. There, by torture, he drew from Dyhilos each of his powerful secrets in turn. Then Agrackan set about to capture his rival's very power. From Dyhilos' body would be constructed the terrible Book of Blood. His skin would serve for binding; the crushed powder of his bones would make the stark-white pages; from his blood would be made the ink. Thus the essence of his magicka would be bound into the book. This done, Agrackan planned to return to the Focus and there enchant each page of the book as a permanent scroll of magicka (to use once each day and each day renew itself).

"But Dyhilos was not yet dead and Agrackan in his arrogance boasted of his intentions once too often. With his dying breath, Dyhilos summoned all his mystic strength and pronounced the curse of the shimmering wrath (which he had already prepared to guard the Focus itself), that no being should touch the Book of Blood and live.

"Agrackan knew it not. He slew Dyhilos and completed the book at the Focus as planned. But the planar gates had opened. At
noon of the day after the book was completed, the first of the mindless entities, a shimmering wrath, appeared and attacked Agrackan. Agrackan destroyed it with his magicka. Though he searched for some clue as to the strange creature's origin, he found none.

"On the second day at
noon, two wraths came and were destroyed as the first had been. On the third day, four came. On the fourth day, sixteen arrived.

"Desparate then, Agrackan cast about for the source of the wraths' summoning and discovered that it was the Book of Blood itself! He thus learned of the doom that Dyhilos prepared for him. Before the power of that doom, Agrackan was helpleess, for on the fifth day, sixteen sixteenfold wraths came. He did not live to see the sixth day.

"A thief took the book from abandoned Geryzag, whence Agrackan's fear-stricken servants fled. Since that day, any who have touched the book have suffered Agrackan's fate.

"Yet there is hope, for I have discovered the end of the curse and I place this quest on you. Go to the Vale of Yvvivor, within two nights before or after the fullness of Tintagel. There, find the Focus of Eryhil'n. Once you have reached that place, lay the book within the Focus and pronounce backward the name of the man who made it: Agrackan's it is, Nakcarga's it shall not be! In that moment will the book be destroyed, and the curse removed from you and placed within the Focus so that all who come to the Focus after you shall suffer the curse.

"Pray when you hear these words that the Vale is close and that the moon Tintagel is waxing full, as it was not for me. Pray that those who have borne this curse and this quest before you have carried the book within reach of your goal at a time propituous for your survival.

"This much aid I can give you: Ask, "Where is the Focus?" and the Sword of Lamnian will point your way. If mage you be, know that the sword is part of a medallion set upon the cover of the book and bears the permanent enchantment of the Sword of the Magister. ((OOC: Sword of the Magister is the same as Mordankainen's sword)) Remove it before you destroy the book, and it shall be your reward, if life is not enough.

"When you round the tip of
Mount Yvvivor and the ruins on its flank are in sight, read the blank page in the center of the book and follow the instructions therein.

"Go! Delay not! And may the gods be your friends."

Tian Keth:
"Well the glove is too far away to get in time, if you all wish to see the start of this prophacy it sounds like we will need to get the Harp"
(900) DM:
The spirit remains for a few seconds more, and then fades away.
(946) Helisandra:
(( wow - that's a lot to read.... ))
(900) DM:
((it took me quite a while to type it))
** (941) Calehan looks at the book in his hands, "Erm, that trap?" **
(946) Helisandra:
"Curse? Book? Agrackan? you mean? Damn."
(946) Helisandra:
"No Calehan, I think that trap was placed by Agrackan. The curse was placed by Dyhilos."
(954) Garret:
"I suppose this means we head to the the Vale anyway."
Tian Keth:
"Well to Ywivor we go, thats where we un curse Heli and Cale, as well as find the Harp"
(946) Helisandra:
(( So, is the moon Tintagel waxing full? ))
(941) Calehan:
"As well as destroy this book."
(954) Garret: :in
a rare grim joke: "Or we could take off since this two are the only in danger" :gestures to Heli and Cale:
(900) DM:
(it's waxing, but not yet full. it will reach fullness in two days time.)
(954) Garret:
(these even*)
** (946) Helisandra answers Garret with a very straight forward glare. **
** (954) Garret retrurns a slight flinch of broiw and lip to Heli, what passes for a grin from him **
** Tian Keth gives Silver one last pat then stands and gathers his pack ready to go **
(954) Garret:
"Calehan, did you understand the business with the sword?"
** (946) Helisandra turns her glare into a slight smile. 'Come on Garret, you know that you could never leave me." **
** (954) Garret turns her a curiously quirked brow and shakes his head **
Tian Keth:
"I dont supose you know if the Drake that is in the area is near this Vale do you Ari?
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
You are wounded. At least let me heal you, and spend the night here. For should you travel now, you may come across the onyx drake that claims these lands as home.
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
The drake cannot enter the Circle where the Wheel lies. And it does not enter the Vale either.
** Tian Keth looks to the others to see if they wish to go now or in the morning **
(946) Helisandra:
"So we just have to get there. Just how far is the Vale?"
(941) Calehan:
"If I understood it correctly, the sword on the front cover comes off, and is enchanted."
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
A day and a half of travel. A day if you force it.
(946) Helisandra:
"If the drake is active at night, then we would probably want to force it. but it will be much easier to force after a night's rest."
** Tian Keth nods **
(954) Garret:
"Aye, better we leave at dawn"
(941) Calehan:
"The wraths attack with lightning somehow?"
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Ays. I sensed the half-elf's pain when he died. The wraths are an unnatural force and presence in this land.
(1046) ShadowDragon8685 (enter):
01:07
(1046) ShadowDragon8685 (exit):
01:07
(1048) Looking for 3.5 D&D (enter):
01:08
(1047) Tarl (enter):
01:08
(1048) Looking for 3.5 D&D (exit):
01:08
(946) Helisandra:
"Then let's rest for the evening."
** (936) Daelan La'neral finds a quiet place sits and meditates,memorizing his spell from the day before,awakens refreshed after 4 hours of rest,takes out some leaven bread,eats sparingly and sips his water waiting for the Humans to wake. **
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
They are mindless creatures, borne of magicka and hatred, and exist only to kill those who are touched by the curse bound to that book. As to how I know of this, remember, I am the keeper of the Wheel. I see what transpires in this land through it and am in touch with all those who live and die by unnatural means through their pain.
** (954) Garret removes his coat and sword belt and settles in to sit against one of the stone pillars **
** Tian Keth puts his pack back down and pulls out his bed roll and sets it near Silver and goes to sleep for a two hour Wolf nap, while the others are talking **
** (946) Helisandra speaks with Ari for a couple hours about the area and nature and whatever. **
(946) Helisandra:
"So, you see all that happens, but can you stop it, or help any one in trouble? Or must you remain here?"
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
I cannot. It is my task to keep the Wheel and this grove safe from harm. The price of knowledge is the knowledge that you cannot prevent what passes with certainty.
** (941) Calehan puts the cursed book into his pack and finds a spot to rest for the night, casting mage armor before trying to sleep without thinking of what wraths might look like. **
(946) Helisandra:
"I see. There is always a price, always." she shivers for a moment then looks back to Ari. "And the drake, is it's presense here truely as damaging as Tian suggested?"
** (954) Garret sleeps only off and on, sword rested against his shoulder as he remains seated straight against the stone **
(900) TaliesinNYC:
Ays, it is.
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Ays, it is.
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Already it has slain many elves, both green and of the Shadow. And while the death of a novo-thas'alin will not be mourned, they too are part of this wood, as are all natural creatures.
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Left unchecked to its own purposes and devices, it will soon outgrow itself and move elsewhere.
(946) Helisandra:
(( novo-thas'alin is a shadow elf, right? I think someone else referred to them as such. ))
(900) DM:
((yes, elf of the Shadow. not shadow elf. there is an important difference.))
(946) Helisandra:
(( yeah yeah... So far - not to Helisandra. :) ))
(946) Helisandra:
"Do you know any weakness it has? I doun't think I could leave these woods once we finish with the book, allowing just an evil presence to remain. Unless of course, there is a reason that it should live."
(946) Helisandra:
(( it = drake, not elf of shadow. ))
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
A drake is easily slain with arrows, spell and steel. All that is required is courage and numbers. (smiles sadly)
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
It is not quite an adult, so it should not be too difficult. At least, not yet.
(1050) No Name (enter):
01:19
(900) DM:
((ooc: to the lurkers, onyx drake = black dragon))
(946) Helisandra:
"I see. I am still learning the ways of the forest. I know that many times there is a balance, but it seems such a strange idea sometimes."
(900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb:
Evil and good can coexist in harmony. The Balance expects it to be so. When one side tips too far of the other, then the Balance demands that correction be taken. Such is the way of all things in the cycle of the world.
(946) Helisandra:
"That is the lesson that I seem to still be working on. There is just so much evil sometimes, it's hard to see the good. But the past is the past."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " You are a strange one Helisandra,asking about balance and of nature,not something I would expect from a Human."
(1047) Tarl (exit):
01:24
(946) Helisandra:
"I must thank you Arianrhod, your answers have been most insightful." She curtsies to the elf.
(946) Helisandra:
(( if you were meditating for four hours, this has only been like maybe 15-30 minutes at most. :) ))
** (954) Garret sits listening to the philosophical converstaion on the other side of the stone, pondering but quiet **
** (900) Arianrhod Cehba Sadb bows and reclines under a monolith, watching the Wheel intently, before nodding off to sleep. **
** (946) Helisandra moves to a stone as well and sits, looking up to the night sky, thinking on what she has been told. She sits there for a while, before finally drifting off to sleep for about four hours. **
(900) DM:
Time passes...
(900) DM:
When you awaken, you find that your wounds have been healed of all injury. Arianrhod is nowhere to be found.
** Tian Keth is listening to th wolves as the others awaken and is redy to go as soon as the others are **
** (954) Garret stands and does a bit of stretching to prepare for the day ahead **
(900) TaliesinNYC:
(bio break afk)
** (946) Helisandra rises and prepares herself to take off. She shakes her head, and her hair seems to almost fall perfectly into place. She quickly braids it back up and gets her gear together. **
** (941) Calehan meditates to refresh his mind for spellcasting then packs up to be ready to travel, wondering when the first wrath will arrive **
(954) Garret:
:Then a quick break behind a bush, some breakfast rations and he's ready to go."
(954) Garret:
"Clae, you can use that sword, right?" :hoping they won't have problems finding the place:
(954) Garret:
(Cale even*)
** (936) Daelan La'neral sits quietly watching the others get ready to move once more. **
** (946) Helisandra straightens out her outfit and tests her rapiers before being prepared to go. **
** (941) Calehan takes out the book and first tries asking the sword on the cover "Where is the Focus" **
** (936) Daelan La'neral stands,ready for the road once more. **
(1053) St.Lumina (enter):
01:36
(941) Calehan:
"Though I think I need to remove it first."
(1053) St.Lumina (exit): 01:36
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Since it was my idea you take the satchel and in it was the book,I feel responsible for the curse being placed upon you,if you allow me I shall accompany you and lend my bow when needed."
Tian Keth:
"I have no problem with you traveling with us Daelan as long as you dont try to kill any more unarmed prisoners"
(946) Helisandra:
"Yes, your bow is welcome to join us Daelan. After all, you stilll have much to learn about us humans."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I said I would not do so,my word is my bond."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " And you about the Asta'Rhimm."
(946) Helisandra:
"Asta'Rhimm?"
Tian Keth:
"The Green Elves"
(936) Daelan La'neral: " My tribe,we are called in your words the Wind."
(946) Helisandra:
"Ah, of course."
(1055) Rayman (enter):
01:41
(936) Daelan La'neral: " We are wanderers."
(941) Calehan:
"Ah, it's that way" :points to what some of you recognize as northeast:
(954) Garret:
:Looks off in Cale's indicated direction: "Splendid. Lets get going."
(946) Helisandra:
"Well, then let's get going, shall we?"
** Tian Keth slings his pack onto his back and starts off in the direction Calehan indicated **
** (954) Garret mounts his horse, ready to ride, once mre with bow in hand for these hazardous woods **
** Tian Keth begins his sweeping search pattern keeping head of the others but close enough to be in whistle or shouting range **
** (946) Helisandra mounts her horse and follows Callehan, who now has to take lead since he has the sword. **
** (941) Calehan guides the group following the sword's direction. **
** (946) Helisandra watches the woods around them as they travel, knowing that Tian is out there as well, but something might get by him. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral waits until the others have left the glen,bows to Arianbhod as he leaves. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral jogs at a nice easy pace catching up to the others soon enough. **
(946) Helisandra:
(( Did Ari reappear? ))
(900) DM:
Although you do not see the drake, you can certainly see signs of its presence as you travel in the direction pointed out by Calehan. The forest seems almost devoid of wildlife, as if the creatures are in hiding for fear of being devoured. There is a distinct difference between the wood you had travelled through before and this part of the Wood. It is as if a shroud of fear has overlaid the forest.
(900) DM:
((nope))
(946) Helisandra:
(( just checking ))
(946) Helisandra:
"This is not natural, correct Daelan?"
(936) Daelan La'neral: " No this is not natural."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Evil has taken ahold of this area."
(946) Helisandra:
"I thought so."
** (954) Garret rides along, arrow set in his bow as he watches the area cautiously **
** Tian Keth whistles the all clear ahead back every so often while souting, also making sure he does not get far enough ahead he will not realize if the others change direction **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " We shall feel no breeze,no sound of bird nor animal,death await any who venture here."
** (946) Helisandra pulls a crossbow out as they travel. She loads it carefully and then carries it to the side with one hand, while her other leads her horse. **
(946) Helisandra:
"What was that Daelan?"
(954) Garret:
"Then lets hope Death is a friendly host"
** (936) Daelan La'neral tilts his head,listening for any sound **
(941) Calehan:
"I'd like to avoid death as well, that's why we're going this way."
** (946) Helisandra continues to watch the forest and listen for anything, anything at all. **
(1055) Rayman (exit):
01:53
(900) DM:
Your horses whicker nervously as a shadow passes over the trees. Looking up, you can see something of large size flit through the sky, but you're uncertain for the moment was swift and the feeling soon passes.
(946) Helisandra:
(( could we tell which way it was going? ))
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Death can not be avoided Calehan,when it is your time,it comes for us all."
(900) DM:
(NW)
(946) Helisandra:
(( btw - just how fast are we going? ))
(900) DM:
Eventually you come to a game trail. The sword of Lamnian points steadily E now, following the trail.
(900) DM:
(I would imagine a steady trot, but let me know if faster.)
(946) Helisandra:
"Calehan, how about we pick up the pace a little?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
(941) Calehan:
"Ok, I'll try."
** (941) Calehan urges his mount to faster speed. **
(946) Helisandra:
"Thanks, I just do not want to be out here in the drake's area any longer than possible. That, and the sonner we remove our curse the better, no?"
** (936) Daelan La'neral continues along at a slow steady jog,letting the others go ahead of him. **
(946) Helisandra:
(( *sooner even ))
(900) DM:
As you round a bend, a shimmering man-sized figure composed of bluish-white energy coalesces and flies towards Helisandra ignoring all else.
** (946) Helisandra follows at Calehan's speed, obviously. **
(900) DM:
It seems to come out of nowhere and immediately attacks.
(946) Helisandra:
(( so, init? ))
(900) DM:
(init)
(946) Helisandra:
Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
(954) Garret:
init: [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(900) DM:
(anyone else?)
(941) Calehan:
Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
(900) DM:
(ok, if you haven't rolled, I'm skipping you)
(900) DM:
(25, Heli)
** (946) Helisandra raises her crossbow and fires off the prepared shot. (Attack [1d20+11] -> [2,11] = (13) for [1d8] -> [5] = (5) damage) 'Tian!" she calls out as the bolt flies. **
** (946) Helisandra she then drops the crossbow and dismounts, drawing out her rapiers. **
(900) DM:
Your bolt flies wide and misses its mark.
(900) DM:
(17, Cale)
(900) DM:
(I need an action, Calehan)
** (941) Calehan casts a magic missile spell at the oncoming form. **
** Tian Keth stops at the call and turns around to see whats going on **
(941) Calehan:
Force Damage: Magic Missile [5d4+5] -> [1,3,2,4,1,5] = (16)
(900) DM:
It doesn't seem to slow its movement, seeking Helisandra with unerring accuracy. However, the intensity of its radiance diminishes dramatically.
(1054) Lightfaith (enter): 02:05
(900) DM:
(5, Gar)
** (954) Garret raises his bow and fires on the shade **
(954) Garret:
Seeking Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] -> [4,1,0] = (5)
(954) Garret:
Seeking Longbow, composite Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13) ===> Damage: [1d8+1+0] -> [5,1,0] = (6)
(900) DM:
(one hit)
(900) DM:
The arrow pierces it's form and falls to the ground. Somehow, although no blood oozes out, the intensity of its radiance diminishes slightly.
(954) Garret:
"Che..."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
(900) DM:
It embraces Helisandra (automatic hit, 3 electrical damage).
(900) DM:
You notice that it's own radiance further diminishes upon touching its victim.
(1054) Lightfaith (exit):
02:09
(900) DM:
(25, Heli)
Tian Keth:
((My Init for next round not this one))
Tian Keth:
INIT: [1d20+12] -> [12,12] = (24)
** (946) Helisandra shudders as the creature tembraces her, but she lashes out with a series of attacks of her own. **
(946) Helisandra:
Two Rapier Full Attack:
Red rapier attack: [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
Gold rapier attack: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30) (crit 18-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
Red rapier second attack: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [2,3] = (5)

** (936) Daelan La'neral rounds the bend in the trail,stopping for a moment to take in what is happening. **
(946) Helisandra:
Crit Check: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
(900) DM:
(they're locked in combat vs. a shimmering wrath)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d6] -> [6,5,6] = (17)
(900) DM:
As the rogue attacks the creature, bolts of electricity streak from it's form through her sword arm with each strike. (3 automatic hits, 17 electrical damage).
(900) DM:
The creature dissipates with the third strike.
** (946) Helisandra shudders, not expecting the recoil of her own attacks. **
Tian Keth:
"Was that the wraith of the Curse?"
(946) Helisandra:
"Ok, lesson one. Ranged weapons are much better."
(954) Garret:
"I would say so."
** (936) Daelan La'neral looks up at the sky,judging the suns height," Well if it was,this time tomorrow there will be 2 of them." **
(941) Calehan:
"It would seem so."
(946) Helisandra:
"Definate lightning type strikes. I'm sure that it was."
(900) DM:
(I've decided to end the game at 3 am, fyi. getting somewhat tired. 45 minute warning.)
(954) Garret: :steers
his horse over to heli and leans down: "Are you alright to continue?"
(900) DM:
(about one hour past noon)
Tian Keth:
"Well lets push hard to get to this Vale before tomarrow"
(946) Helisandra:
"I've been better, but that deamon hurt a lot more. Let's continue, and Calehan - keep an eye out, your visitor will most likely be by soon."
(941) Calehan:
"I'm sure it will."
** Tian Keth draws his bow putting his sword away, just incase a second one appears for some reason then goes back to scouting ahead with his bow nocked and ready **
** (946) Helisandra sheathes her rapiers and picks up her crossbow before remounting her horse. As they ride, she reloads her crossbow with another bolt. **
(900) DM:
After some more time travelling....
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Ride on as fast as you can,worry not for me,I may not be as fast as a horse,in a day I can travel further than one."
(900) TaliesinNYC:
2: The game trail ends at the edge of a plateau. The forest has thinned here, and you can see some distance ahead. Below you is a small river valley, and across it is a small mountain that rises steeply. You can see that the western slope of that mountain is guarded by sheer cliffs that appear dangerous, perhaps impassable, from this distance. To the south the mountain extends out of sight, but to the north, it appears to curve away from you, as though opening a gap or pass on that side.

The descent from the plateau is marred by jumbles of rocks (some of which are boulder sized) and patches of loose gravel interspersed with heavy brush. The only good descent appears to be a continuation of the game trail.

100 yards to your right, several boulders sheltered by trees offer what appears to be a good campsite for the night. A sentry on the boulders will be able to see above the trees and across the valley.

(954) Garret:
"Daelan.. get on a damn horse." :advises sternly before they move out:
(936) Daelan La'neral: " I perfer my own feet,I have done this many a time."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Besides 3 horses on a trail,even a blind elf could follow you."
** (946) Helisandra pulls to a stop at the 'campsite' and wonders if they should stop, or continue on. **
** Tian Keth shurgs "I think maybe we should camp since Ari said th way was perolus and if we push on we may be too tired to deal with it when we get there **
** (936) Daelan La'neral eventually catches up to the others,looking over the valley and at the area they have stopped at. **
** (954) Garret dismounts, giving the horse's side a pet as he lets it relax.
Then he wanders to the plateau edge to look out over the valley below **

(936) Daelan La'neral: " I would not recommend trying the valley at night,better to do so in the morn."
(946) Helisandra:
"Sure. I wonder how far away we are."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Half a day,more or less."
(946) Helisandra:
"But how much, that's my question."
(954) Garret:
"Half a day.... as long as nothing goes wrong."
** (941) Calehan dismounts as well to peer down the plateau, then comments, "Doesn't look like it'll be pleasant in the morning either." **
** (946) Helisandra dismounts, and moves about the campsite.
She moves to the edge of the plateau and looks down herself. **

(900) DM:
(we can settle this now or next session. I need to know if you'll use the game trail to descend.)
** (954) Garret moves to a seat up along the boulders to rest **
(936) Daelan La'neral: ( game trail)
(954) Garret:
(game trail I guess)
(941) Calehan:
(trail I'd say)
(954) Garret:
(even though the obvious way is usually th emost perilous)
(946) Helisandra:
(( ditto ))
Tian Keth:
((Ya unless I can see something else from the rocks of the camp))
(900) DM:
(if you use the trail, you'll need to lead your mounts.)
(954) Garret:
(they'd never expect us to repel down the sides of the cliff)
(946) Helisandra:
"The game trial looks like the easiest way down. Otherwise, it will be too difficult most likely.
(954) Garret:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
** (936) Daelan La'neral settles down for the night,keeping a lookout along the trail. **
** Tian Keth sleeps for the first two hours of then night then sits watch on the rocks watching the trail down untill the others awaken **
** (954) Garret stares off across the valley, and calls to the others, "Hey, check that out." :points alonf the western slopes of the mountain **
** (936) Daelan La'neral moves over to Garret,looking out into the valley. **
** (941) Calehan looks to where Garret is pointing looking for whatever he's seeing **
** Tian Keth looks where Garret is pointing **
(900) DM:
Flickering lights, some stable and some mobile, are on the western flank of the mountain.
(954) Garret:
"Dancing lights."
(946) Helisandra:
"I wonder.." She looks across at the mountain and the lights there, then back at the ground, then to the mountain.
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Torches perhaps."
(900) DM:
(30 minutes)
** (936) Daelan La'neral goes back to his spot. **
** Tian Keth shrugs "Do you know what they are?" **
(904) RanVan (exit):
02:33
(946) Helisandra:
"There were humanoids here quite recently, I'd guess five of them. They might be the same that have those lights over there."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Like I said,torches."
** (954) Garret doesn't bother to pose a guess as he sets agains the stone, watching andd waiting to sleep **
** (946) Helisandra moves over to Garret and whispers to him. She then moves off to the side of camp. **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Something tells me that if they are Humans,they will be like those we faced in the castle,and they are going to try and stop you from getting whatever it is you are looking for."
(941) Calehan:
"Could.be, or could be something else."
** Tian Keth makes sure to keep an eye and ear in that direction after his two hour nap while the others are sleeping **
** (946) Helisandra disappears from view of those in camp. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral meditates for 4 hours then wakes and eats sparingly. **
** (946) Helisandra walks back into camp about the time that Daelan awakes. **
(946) Helisandra:
(( or - not 'awakes', but' comes out of meditation. ))
** (941) Calehan does his usual camp routine, casting another mage armor just before sleep. **
** (936) Daelan La'neral stands moving silently over towards Tian," If I were Human,I would set an ambush just as we are entering the pass." **
(954) Garret:
"Role playing, Daelan?"
Tian Keth:
"You would do the same if you were elven and seeking to stop an enemy"
** (954) Garret watches the stars as he waits for dawn **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " No stating the obvious is all Garret,I know of no creature in this wood that would require torches,hense Human,being what they are and intending to stop you,that is what I would do."
(1065) No Name (enter): 02:45
(954) Garret:
"That's assuming those were torches, and if so, that they are creatures you know of carrying them"
** Tian Keth scans the vally to see if there is a way to get down with the hoses other then the trail **
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Actually if I were setting the trap,I would wait until we are well inside the pass,and seal off both ends."
Tian Keth:
Knowledge: Nature Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
(954) Garret:
"No... along the game trail is the best tactic."
** (946) Helisandra falls asleep shortly after coming back into camp. **
(1065) Gate (exit):
02:46
(954) Garret:
"Sit in wait along the boulders and pry them loose as we pass below."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " No to much cover."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " The pass is where we will be attacked."
(954) Garret:
"If the boulders didn't kill us, they would shake us up enought for archers along the plateau to take us down:"
Tian Keth:
"I agree, the problems caused by avoiding the trail out weigh those of a potential ambush"
(1066) RanVan (enter): 02:49
Tian Keth:
"If it was only us and not the animals I might risk it."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " Do you see any lights moving towards us,if they had archers on the plateau,do you think they would not attack us now?"
(954) Garret:
"No, I think our dangers await us below in the valley. I doubt they've been expecting any company to set an ambush for."
(936) Daelan La'neral: " The game trail offers us to much cover,the valley is wide open,so the ambush will happen when we enter the pass."
** (946) Helisandra sleeps for four hours until she awakes. (whenever dawn arrives....) **
** Tian Keth shakes his head an continues to sit in silence untill morning **
Tian Keth:
((I am getting tired, I can stay the last 10 min though if somethiing is going to happen))
(946) Helisandra:
(( well, I got some info prepared for morning, just depends if we are going to end it before then or not. ))
(900) DM:
(ok, we'll stop here.)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms