Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: DavidDal


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
 (399) Daelan La'neral (enter): 21:04
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (399) Daelan La'neral...
(394) DM: ok, that's it
(394) DM: you can take that to the Friday PCs and make what you will of that. lol
Tian Keth: Alrighty, now just how to convince the others that we have to go back after I fought so hard to chase down Rabiyah =P
(394) TaliesinNYC: lmao
(394) TaliesinNYC: should be easy
(394) TaliesinNYC: after all, they follow you unquestioningly
(394) TaliesinNYC: brb
** Kha rolls his eyes **
Tian Keth: though Kha does tend to get his way more often then not, either by talking them into it or just going and doing while hoing they follow =P
(394) TaliesinNYC: eating
(394) TaliesinNYC: gimme 20
(394) TaliesinNYC: well now you know why they fled
(394) TaliesinNYC: they fought Basht after chasing you off, and she slew most of them
(401) Git (enter): 21:15
(399) Daelan La'neral: Looks like the gangs all here.
(398) Helisandra: Now we just got to wait for Stan to finish eating.
(394) TaliesinNYC: anyone pick up HBP yet?
(394) TaliesinNYC: HPBP technically
(397) Calehan: The acronym tickles my memory...
(397) Calehan: HP&HBP?
(394) TaliesinNYC: Harry Potter & the HBP
(401) Garret: uh... no
(394) TaliesinNYC: heh
(398) Helisandra: So, we all ready?
(399) Daelan La'neral: Ready
(394) TaliesinNYC: anyone need a recap?
(401) Garret: I don't think I do
(399) Daelan La'neral: Lets see,every bad person is either dead or gone,we are putting the crystals in the pedestal and thats about it right.
(401) Garret: though I do seem to have been "losing time" lately
(398) Helisandra: I'm ready to go. We got one crystal remaining to place on the pedastal
(394) DM: After placing the last crystal in the pedestal, a moment pauses, and then the White Tower slowly fades into view.
(394) DM: Like all the other spires, this one is made out of gemstone, specifically, diamond.
** (398) Helisandra watches in amazement as the last tower appears before them. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral stands,notching an arrow **
(394) DM: A pair of double doors opens at the base of the spire.
** (398) Helisandra starts moving towards the doors, slowly. **
(394) DM: As you do, a tall man in simple white robes peers out, clutching a gleaming crystalline staff.
Tian Keth: "Hello"
** (401) Garret stands still, wating to meet the man. **
** (398) Helisandra pauses for a moment. "Alarius?" **
** (397) Calehan takes in the scene and guesses, "I presume you are the real architect of this castle, at last?" **
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: Why yes. And who are you?
Tian Keth: "Glad you are alive, we could use your help"
(401) Garret: "Good samaritans." :offers vaguely:
Tian Keth: "My name is Tian Keth."
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: Well met, Tian. And the rest of you?
** (399) Daelan La'neral slips his arrow back into his quiver,his hand resting on the quiver,looking at the old man and the others. **
** (398) Helisandra relaxes at Alarius' comment. She smiles at the man, "We were sent to find you actually." **
** (397) Calehan nods, sheathing his daggers. "Calehan, and we're actually hired to rescue you." **
(401) Garret: :with a bow of his head: "Call me Garret."
** (394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep relaxes. **
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: Come in, come in. I'm forgetting my manners. And thank you for rescuing me.
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: After Irinia imprisoned me, I was unable to return to this world. I could see all that transpired but could not affect anything.
Tian Keth: "Well, we are all companions, and it seems we all suddenly have memories about the need to find the singer of the linage of kings"
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: (looks pointedly at Helisandra)
(398) Helisandra: "Thank you. My name is Helisandra." Before she follows him, she digs into her bag for a moment.
** Tian Keth follows Alarius **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Daelan La'neral,of the Asha'Rhimm."
** (401) Garret heads in after the others **
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: A pleasure to meet you, Daelan. Give my regards to Tyrande when next you see her.
(394) DM: (OC: your ruler)
** (397) Calehan heads into the tower after them. **
** (398) Helisandra reaches into her pack and pulls out a leather bound book that is embossed in gold runes. Without hesitation, she holds it out to Alarius. "I think this is yours sir. It appeared Irinia had been looking for it, so I'm guessing that it is important." **
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: Indeed, it is.
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: Thank you for keeping it safe. (smiles) Come in, make yourself at home.
** (398) Helisandra nods to Alarius and follows him in. **
(394) DM: Like the rest of Prism Keep, the spire is splendidly furnished. Alarius is a man of means and great wealth from the looks of it.
** (399) Daelan La'neral follows the others after making sure no one else exits the spire. **
** (394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep leads them to a study. **
(394) Alarius, lord of Prism Keep: Coffee, tea or brandy?
(401) Garret: "Tea.. thank you."
Tian Keth: "Tea for me"
(398) Helisandra: "Some tea does sound wonderful, thank you very much."
** (401) Garret looks about the room thoughtfully, not bothering to sit **
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep pours your drinks from a silver samovar. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Nothing for me."
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep pours a glass of plum brandy for himself. "Thank you once again" (toasting you) **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: So, what can I do for you?
(398) Helisandra: /me tilts her glass to Alarius, responding to the toast and takes a sip of her tea.
Tian Keth: "You could tell us about the Linage of Kings, and where we might find it's singer"
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep chuckles **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: You've never heard of the Lineage?
Tian Keth: "Not exactly"
Tian Keth: "We have memories of it. but that isnt exactly right either"
(397) Calehan: "We did recently hear the wording of it. Apparenlty you've spent quite some time deciphering what it actually means though."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: It's an ancient song, a legend really, from Damrosil. It's a song that tells of the history of Damrosil, from ancient times to modern day. The song is a lay which describes most of the royal line of Damrosil's kings, at least the notable ones.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: It's also a prophecy that foretells of a King (or a Queen) who shall arise when the land needs him or her most.
** (398) Helisandra relazes in the pleasent atmosphere and sips on her tea as one would expect a high class lady to do. She sits quietly as the others talk, taking the information in. **
(398) Helisandra: (( brb ))
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: There hasn't been a King in well over a hundred years. At least.
(398) Helisandra: Taking off to the shadows.
(398) Helisandra (exit): 21:54
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: So, we have no knowledge of whether this time is the right time, as far as the prophecy is concerned.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: As far as it's singer is concerned, that could be anyone. Any bard worth his or her salt would know the song.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Let me see if I can recall some of the verses. It is a long song.
** (401) Garret sips his tea as the others speaks **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: I sing for you now of the Lineage of Kings, of Pelham's mighty and doddering/Fools that japed and when all were done/Proved worthless at best, save one.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Alendus Crebus, first of the Kings
First of nine by his conquerings
Ciron the Hearty, lover of ale,
Son of Crebus, he drinks in death still.

** Tian Keth drinks his tea while remaining standing not enjoying the confines of a building now that there are nore more dangers **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Fenton the Foolish, moron well-named
Glutton of mutton, third fool of the famed
Heimwell the Haughty, brother of Ciron,
The fourth he became by the slaying of Fenton.

(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: It contains several stanzas. I have a copy of it somewhere.
Tian Keth: "Why would who evers or what evers memories we have come to posess desire to seek out the Singer of the Liniage of Kings if it can be anyone?"
(406) Helisandra (enter): 21:59
(394) DM: (OC: it's on the site, in the songs and poems section)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (406) Helisandra...
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Well, obviously it fits in with the prophecy in the Lineage. Or it's part of a larger prophecy.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Who sent you specifically?
(397) Calehan: "Agents of the regent, Lord... somethingorother."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Gwydion, the Regent?
Tian Keth: "Some pompus fool, I didnt stay long but we were seeking information on the Singer before he sent us to you. Garret what was his name, I left as soon as I could"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " They were sent by some Human,I came on my own accord."
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep hides a smile as Tian says "some pompous fool" **
(397) Calehan: "Gwydion, yes; that was it."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Ahem, well, if there's anything I can do to help, I would be glad to. Did Gwydion mention anything specific?
** Tian Keth shrugs "I wasnt listening, they talked funny and after I heard you know about the Linage of Kings thats all I cared about." **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " The ones that imprisoned you,were the same ones that attacked the elves and elder druids,killing a few,I was sent to seek vengance."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: And so you have found it, Daelan. Be careful in seeking vengeance, for it is an endless road.
(397) Calehan: "He said that you'd been researching the prophecy. The ones who attacked you were searching for your work on that as well. Of course there was the money and the magical flying castle as well."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I have only managed to get revenge on the ones that remained here,the others left and I still seek them."
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep smiles slightly. "Well, yes, as a matter of fact, I have. But not this particular one, although perhaps the Lineage has something to do with it." **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: This prophecy, known as the Words of Brie, is more specific than the Lineage.
(399) Daelan La'neral: " In your castle we have imprisoned 2 Humans,Helisandra can tell you where they are,they were acting under some spell."
** (406) Helisandra nods in agreement with Daelan's comment. **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: With six hands of Loring the Lost upon the Wheel of Time, at the moment Bazel mounts his chariot to do battle with the Seven Daughters, the dead King shall rise to seize the triad with hands that cannot grasp and eyes that cannot see. All wards broken and the mystic barriers pierced with mating swords, three saints and sinners shall struggle in the dust, both and neither to triumph. And while the sundered earth spews forth the dregs of the centuries, a new Order shall rise upon the land.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Loring the Lost was the twelfth King of Damrosil.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Bazel is another name for the constellation of Solnor.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: the Seven Daughters is another name for the constellation of Gorgauth.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: The two are so named because they revolve around each other. Also, once every few centuries, they conjoin. (strokes his chin)
Tian Keth: "So when the two contelations overlap?"
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Yes. This is a rare enough occurrence that it has mystical meaning.
(401) Garret: "Will this conjoining be happening any time soon?"
Tian Keth: "Garret should we tell him what we seek, He may know something about it."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: There IS one King that is revered by all, Llewellyn the Just, but the prophecy is unclear as to if Llewellyn is the King that shall return. There is a way to verify the accuracy of the prophecy however. (looking at you with satisfaction)
(401) Garret: "So we even know specifically what we seek?"
(401) Garret: (Do we * even)
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: As a matter of fact (checking the book that Helisandra gave him), yes. Tomorrow evening, to be precise.
** (401) Garret arches a brow at the wizard's declaration. "The conjoiing will be tomorrow?" **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Yes. (sips his brandy, watching you)
Tian Keth: "Yes and blade of light and of shadow, well thats not exact but thats all I can seem to puzle out of these memories"
** (406) Helisandra sits quietly, trying to take all this in. **
Tian Keth: ((*a blade))
(399) Daelan La'neral: " The wheel you speak of Alarius,is that the same one the elder druids guard in the Loring Wood?"
Tian Keth: "Opps, guess we do tell him"
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: A blade of light and of shadow is a reference to the sword Darkmoon. (sips) It is a blade, some say cursed, that heals its wielder but demands payment of life in return.
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep turns his attention to Daelan. "Yes, it is. The Wheel is both the stone table, as well as a figurative device, meaning the cycle of history." **
(406) Helisandra: "So, this prophecy is coming to pass tomorrow night, in the Loring Wood?"
(397) Calehan: "It can."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Part of it is, Helisandra.
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps that is why they attacked the elders."
(401) Garret: "No motivation quite like a deadline." :to Alarius: "Where are we now?" :wondering where the fortress has flown them:
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: The prophecy has several parts to it. Not all of it occurs at the same time.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: We're over Lalvensalenil, several miles to the east. It will take us about a day to return to the citadel's previous position.
(399) Daelan La'neral: " It would seem that your next place to visit would be the wheel in the Loring Wood,Tian may be allowed to pass,but without my help the rest of you Humans would be cut down before you walked 2 paces."
(401) Garret: "Just about enough time them, huh?"
** Tian Keth listens half heartedly not realy caring about the prophacy untill he hears a connection to the blade **
(401) Garret: :dryly to Daelan: "Why you say that? We're likable people."
** (406) Helisandra tries to follow along, but although she has heard stories and 'prophesies' before, she never thought about them. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " You are Human,we elves do not trust you."
Tian Keth: "So what singer of the Linage do you know that may have ties to this blade?"
(401) Garret: "That's okay. I don't mind not being trusted"
(397) Calehan: "Yes, I expect there will be some discussion before we are welcome."
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep holds up a hand to stop Tian. **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Darkmoon is not specifically connected to the prophecy of the Lineage or of the Words of Brie.
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I do not believe a singer has any ties to this blade you seek Tian,I believe the singer just recites the song and hopes you can figure out the clues in it."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: However, it is rumored to be buried with one of the Witch-Kings of Damrosil, on the burial plain of Dolmen Moor.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: And if you were looking for the tomb of Llewellyn, you would be on the Moor as well.
Tian Keth: "a plain where both kingslayers and kingmakers rest for all eternity?"
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Ays, precisely.
Tian Keth: "Then there we go not to this wheel"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Not a very pleasant place to visit Tian,even we elves give it a wide berth."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Now, as to you, Daelan, you are correct that humans are not well-loved by your kin.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: However, I can write a writ that shall give you safe passage through the wood.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: The writ is legal as long as you do not kill an elf or raise a sword in anger against one of their kind. (looks over you)
(397) Calehan: "I don't have any swords." :Raises hands innocently:
Tian Keth: "I think Daelan would be more likly to raise a sword in anger toward us then the other way around"
(406) Helisandra: "I believe that would not be a problem." she says to Alarius.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: If you ask how, Daelan, I am a member of the ruling council. An honorary member, but a member nonetheless.
Tian Keth: "Alarius so is this castle of yours heading closer to or further away from the Moor?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I have been told of you seat on the ruling council,though we of the Wind have no dealings with Humans in our council,the others do and we respect thier beliefs,I have seen that not all Humans are bad."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: No? Then I suppose you will not have any difficulties with any novo-thas'alin that you come across. Elves of the Shadow. They follow their own laws and even the green elves do not trifle with them.
** (406) Helisandra looks at Daelan and bats her eyes a little. "Why Daelan, that almost sounded like a compliment." **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: (to Tian) Dolmen Moor is in the northwest of Gwythnecht. Overlaps both Damrosil and Gwythnecht.
(401) Garret: "Lord Alarius. the Conjoining... you say it has mystical import. I wonder, are there any specific rights or rituals typically carried out during it."
** Tian Keth shrugs "This is not my land I know a little from traveling with my friends but that information does not answer my question" **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I know the land Tian,the castle will not be close to that area."
Tian Keth: "It either moves toward it or away from it, unless it is circeling it, if the latter is the case We can depart anyware along it's course. ir it is one of the former I would prefer to depart when it is at it's closest"
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: If you are at the Wheel during the moment of conjoining, there is a ritual that can be performed to verify the accuracy of the Words of Brie.
(401) Garret: "Alright. I suppose that's our destination."
(406) Helisandra: "So, are we going to the moor, or the woods?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Loring Wood."
Tian Keth: "Will there be a singer at this ritual, if not you said the sword has not direct ties to this prophacy so why bother with it when the sword is our goal not the fufillment or verification of this prophacy?"
(397) Calehan: "The woods, as we are near them now, at the time the prophecy specifies. It's an opportunity I wouldn't miss."
(406) Helisandra: "To the woods to see more about this prophesy, and later to the moor?"
(401) Garret: "The sword isn't likely to move too soon Tian. This ceremony is a one time chance."
(401) Garret: "Besides... a cursed sword is nothing you need."
(397) Calehan: "If the prophecy will end with the rising of Llewelynn the Just then this would be the first step towards the moor where his tomb lies."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Perhaps, Tian, the sword is part of another prophecy.
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps with the verification,you will be able to obtain this sword you seek Tian,if you find it without the verifying you may not be able to wield it."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: If you tell me your memories (strokes his chin), I might be able to help you decipher their meaning.
Tian Keth: "No but like prophacy memories that are not your own are unclear at best but still demand atention. And the sword may move if the king it is barried with is the one that awakes to fufill this prophacy"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps one of you are the King."
Tian Keth: A blade of light and of shadow. This lies on a plain where both kingslayers and kingmakers rest for all eternity. Look in the Kingdom of Damrosil. Seek out the singer of the Lineage of Kings.
(401) Garret: :sigh: "Fine. Alarius, would it be too much to ask that you transport us to the moor after the ceremony?"
Tian Keth: "Thats what I have been able to decipher from my memories, others may have more or differant parts."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: It might. I shall have mounts given to you by the Regent.
(394) DM: ( ;) )
(406) Helisandra: "Oh yeah, I had forgotten about them."
(401) Garret: :A bit disappointed: "Mounts? Too bad. I was hoping you could just fly us there. All the same, thank you for the aid."
Tian Keth: "Well there are other memories as well, but they point to other places and we were in this area when we recived them so decided to start looking for this sword
(401) Garret: "Don't worry Tian." :finally taking a seat: "We'll get there."
Tian Keth: "If the rest of you want to see this prophacy begin that is fine. It would be interesting I just dont want to go chasing after any more goals, we have enough to seek out from what I gather"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " As I said Tian,perhaps one of you is the King that is to return."
(401) Garret: "I haven't accepted any goals. I'm just curious about what's knocking around in my head."
** (399) Daelan La'neral looks at Helisandra," Or Queen." **
Tian Keth: "Sorry to be abrupt Alarius, but these walls are confining, I will be outside."
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Now if you will excuse me, I have business I must attend to. (stands up to leave)
(406) Helisandra: "Besides, if nothing happens, then no problem. We might as well try. Even Mnemone mentioned these thoughts and such. They must be important."
** Tian Keth leaves the audiance and foes outside and sits **
** (406) Helisandra rises with Alarius. "Of course." **
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep leaves the room, saying, "You have free run of this place, but do not touch the pedestal that summoned the spire." **
(401) Garret: "Agreed."
** (406) Helisandra nods to Alarius, agreeing to his statement. **
** (401) Garret settles into his seat, unbuckling his sword belt to rest beside him. Closing his eyes he reclines back to rest. **
(406) Helisandra: (( brb ))
(406) Helisandra (exit): 22:56
(397) Calehan: "At last some rest, though this place will still need some cleaning."
** (399) Daelan La'neral sits down just inside the door,takes out some bread and begins to eat,sipping from his waterskin,having satisfied his hunger,places the bread back in his pack,places his bow across his legs and begins to meditate. **
(412) Helisandra (enter): 22:58
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (412) Helisandra...
Tian Keth: ((AFK for a smoke))
(394) DM: (so what do you want to do? you have a day to kill)
(401) Garret: (rest and peruse Alarius' for good books... wonder if he has the HBP)
** (412) Helisandra execuses herself and leaves the white tower. She heads to the emerald spire and moves into the trees, where she can relax in the shadows. **
(394) DM: (lol)
(412) Helisandra: (( if anyone did, he probably would... ))
** (397) Calehan spends his time bugging Alarius about his castle, finding out about that dagger Heli brought back before, and generally pestering Al to use his awesome knowledge to tell me what the invaders gear does too. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral awakens after 4 hours,gets up and begins to wander around the castle.( are the doors still locked?) **
(394) DM: ((only places that Alarius doesn't want you poking around in.))
** Tian Keth relaxes outside comunicating with wolves rather enjoying himself now that he isnt in the building **
(394) DM: (if you send me a list of items, I'll identify those items. send me a node pls)
** (399) Daelan La'neral returns to the spire after wandering around for a bit,stopping next to Tian,kneels next to him." How is it that one of nature managed to get aquainted with these Humans?" **
** Tian Keth looks up when Daelan talks **
(397) Calehan has sent you a tree node...
Tian Keth: "I ran into Garrets camp because I was called back to the world. I dont know how to explain it other then that. I walked into his camp with six of my friends with me, he didnt seem to like that and lept to defend him self. we fought for a few minutes then stoped since we were fairly evenly match. Since then I have been traveling with him and the people we met along the way"
Tian Keth: "Garret has been teaching me how to interact and behave with other people and I keep then safe as I can while traveling though nature"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Must be hard to do with Humans."
Tian Keth: "Not any more so then it would be with elves who had little connection with nature. Not all of your people follow natures call."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " That is true."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I and my ancestors have heeded the call of Nature,we of the Wind do not stay in one place for any length of time."
Tian Keth: "You have heard the call of nature that much I can see, but you also seem to be puting it aside while you seek vengance, vengance is not the way of nature."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Nature has her way of exacting her revenge upon those who would defile her,torental rains,blazing heat,bitter long winters,the earth shakes,she gets her revenge trust me."
** Tian Keth shakes his head **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I only seek vengance upon those who attacked the elders in the Loring Wood,the attack was unprovoked and needless,it was put to me to bring those who did the deed to justice."
Tian Keth: "Justice and vengance are not one and the same"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " To me they are one and the same,I hunt them and when they die then justice has been done."
Tian Keth: "And that is where you have turned away from nature"
Tian Keth: "The attack may have been unprovoked, but who is to say it was needless. Maybe it helped clear away some dead wood that would have made this prophacy fail. "
(399) Daelan La'neral: " It was not trees that fell,it was women,children and men who died for no reason,other than to kill."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " And some of my clan who were there only to seek an alliegance with the Loring Wood for the build up that is going on to the West of us."
Tian Keth: "It does not matter if it was trees, men, or wolf. Will the death of the ones who killed bring them back? Will it bring you comfort at night? Will it ease the pain to the families who still live? Stop and think about this truly before you answer because your imidiate response will be yes, but has the death you have dealt here in this castle broght you any closer to forgeting what happened?"
Tian Keth: "A life for a life is closer to to the ways of Humans then of Elves."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " No it has not,but it has brought about two things. One I can tell the families that some of the ones responsible have paid,and two it will show the Humans that you raise a sword to us and you shall recieve the same."
** Tian Keth shakes his head, more in thought then disagreement **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: (to Calehan) I hope these items may be of use to you.
(399) Daelan La'neral: " A war is coming,as to where it will strike none can say,but one is coming none the less."
Tian Keth: "But what porpuse does seeking the death of every one who attacked you serve? If a rival wolf pack invade anothers teritory, those invaded dont seek to kill all of the invaders once they have left it is done."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " This mage that led the attack on Loring Wood and here,she is one of the leaders in the build up to the West,they are gathering Humans,Orc and Drow(spitting the word out as if it tasted foul in his mouth)
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(412) Helisandra' from server... Removing dead client
(412) Helisandra (exit): 23:44
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Thats just it,how am I to know if there will not be another attack on my people? Are we supposed to stand by while the Humans and the others ride in and slaughter us? Even a wolf will hunt those who kill her cubs."
Tian Keth: "Yes, but you still have not answered the question, what porpous does seeking the death of those who followered her, some willingly some not, serve?"
(421) Helisandra (enter): 23:45
(399) Daelan La'neral: " It will bring about justice. It will show we are not as meek as they think."
Tian Keth: "It will not do either"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (421) Helisandra...
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Even the Humans to the South are getting ready for battle,and we elves are sitting in the middle."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " The Humans to the South have left us alone so we do not look to them,it is the ones to the West we are now watching."
Tian Keth: "Yes but what does killing every one who attacked you do? It makes you no better then them. If war is brewing You cannot stop it, You can only seek to delay it untill the other side thinks they have enough strength to over power you compleatly. I am not saying you should not fight back, but dont go seeking a fight when one will come to you soon enough"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Better to cut off the head of a rattle snake than to let it bite you."
Tian Keth: "Better yet to avoid the snake all together"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " We tried and look what happened."
Tian Keth: "But if the snake is unavoidable then yes it is better to cut the head off and leave the rest to writh around untill no life is left. You dont go choping it to smaller and smaller bits while it still moves after you have cut the head off, because that would serve no porpous"
Tian Keth: "That is what vengance is. Trying to cut something smaller and smaller just because it scared you."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Unfortunatly it seems this snake has more than one head."
Tian Keth: "Of couse it has more then one head, but why go looking for the others when you know they are venomousa?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I do not seek the death of all Humans,just the one who ordered the attack,the mage,and I have a feeling that one day,both you and I shall face her,the attack was not just a coincidence,they attacked the very place that you need to go to,something tells me she knows what you seek and she will try to prevent you from getting it."
Tian Keth: "Anyways I can see you are not ready to stop feeding on vengance so I will let the matter drop for now. Just remember vengance is a poison, though it can sustain you for a long time it never truly feeds you, and slowly drains you. And it always demands more of you"
** Tian Keth goes back to watching the clouds and listening to the wolves **
(394) DM: (all right, next day)
(394) DM: (btw, don't let me stop you in the future, if you want to RP the sesh away that is. that was enjoyable, fyi. 50 xp to each of you.)
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(421) Helisandra' from server... Removing dead client
(421) Helisandra (exit): 00:01
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Heed my words Tian,if you fail and they win,both our races are doomed."
** Tian Keth wakes early and moves to the eage of the clode to watch the ground fly by **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: We've arrived near the spot where you first ascended. The Wheel is a few hours journey from here. You will find mounts waiting for you below. Have you anything you need?
(401) Garret: "Just that writ to get us in cozy with the elves
(422) Helisandra (enter): 00:03
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I am in need of nothing Alarius,I am pleased that I was able to help in your rescue."
** (397) Calehan wakes up and does his morning preparations before breakfast. **
Tian Keth: "There is nothing else I need. The view of the land from here is very soothing by the way"
** Tian Keth gathers his thing and waits for the others to get ready to depart **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (422) Helisandra...
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Very well.
** (422) Helisandra quietly prepares to depart with the others, feeling much better having spent all day out of the bright light of most of the keep. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral waits with Tian **
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: When you are ready to return, speak my name and you and your mounts will be transported to the courtyard of this keep. (hands Calehan the crystal Gwydion gave him) I have a strange feeling you will need my help after you return from the Wheel.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: I shall not be transporting you to Dolmen Moor, but I will help you as much as I can.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: Call it a hunch, but there is more to this "prophecy" than just a King arising.
(394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep: (looks at Tian as he says this)
(401) Garret: "THank you again Lord Alarius. We'll be depending on you then." :offers a courteous bow:
(397) Calehan: "It may be just my own foreboding, but it sounds a lot more like an undead army coming to bring order to the land."
(401) Garret: "We'll just have to hope it isn't"
** (422) Helisandra curtsies to Alarius. "Thank you for your hospitality." **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Well whatever it is,my bow and I are ready to face it."
** (394) Alarius, Lord of Prism Keep bows and speaks words of magic. **
(401) Garret: (brb)
(394) DM: There is a flash of light, and you experience a nauseous feeling that comes when being transported by magic.
(394) DM: Then, you are on the ground below Prism Keep.
** (397) Calehan experiences a moment of relief with the familiar feeling, "At least I didn't have to say the rhyme." **
** (399) Daelan La'neral leans against a tree until the spinning feeling passes,then looks around at his surroundings. **
** (422) Helisandra nods in agreement. **
** Tian Keth looks around then up at th castle and waves, doubting Alarius can see but doing it anyways **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " My feet,a horse,even a wagon is better traveling than that way."
** Tian Keth looks around for the horses and gathers them up for the others, prefering to walk himself **
Tian Keth: "That way is better then jumping is it not?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Yes I would have to agree with that Tian."
** (422) Helisandra mounts the horse she had on the way here, and prepares to head out. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral walks around each horse checking them out. **
** (397) Calehan refreshes his armoring spell from the night before, then mounts as well. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral slings his bow,then turns to the others. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Remember,stay your weapons,arrows and spells."
** (399) Daelan La'neral begins to head into the forest **
** (397) Calehan follows Daelan's lead, awaiting the welcoming party **
** (422) Helisandra nods to Dealan and keeps her hands from her rapiers, but she keeps her eyes open to all around them as she follows the elf. **
** Tian Keth lops aread of the others eger to be back in the woods, making sure to stay with in yelling distance though **
(394) DM: Ahead of you, you can see a figure in a brown hooded cloak, carrying a huge book. His face is partially hidden by the hood. When you look again, he appears to have vanished.
** (399) Daelan La'neral smiles as he enters the forest once more,begining to relax. **
(401) Garret: "Interesting... Daelan, you know who that was?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " You will not see them until they wish you too."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " An elder."
(401) Garret: "Wonder what he wanted us to see him for them." :muses as he rides along:
** (422) Helisandra notes the figure, and Daelan's explination, quietly. **
** Tian Keth falls into his normal rutine while traveling though the woods of scouting ahead and to the sides for danger, listening to the wolves for any alert they may bring, but always staying within yelling distance of his companions **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " To let you know you are being watched Garret."
** (399) Daelan La'neral continues onward towards the wheel. **
(394) DM: The forest path you have been following turns toward a creek that is about 15' wide. Here, a huge trunk spans the water, its ends buried in the brush and trees on each side. The path continues on the other side, winding further into Loring's Wood, and the paving stones of an old road can be seen there.
(399) Daelan La'neral: " As good as Tian and myself are in the wood,the elders rule this place,the animals you see may be an elder,they can walk beside you and make no sound nor leave a track,they can walk through trees and come out in a different place."
(401) Garret: "I don't mind. As long as they don't bother me, I won't bother them."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Except for the attack here Garret,you may be the only Humans to see the wheel,I am sure the elders are as curious about you as you are of them."
** Tian Keth continues to let his nose, eyes, and ears guid him though the woods, rarly following the path directly **
** (399) Daelan La'neral continues to lead the party along the path,walking with an easy step **
(401) Garret: "Consider me honored." :rides the path in plain sight:
(394) DM: As you cross the creek, there is a tremendous roar as the log rises to tower over you by 30'. "It" appears to be a tree-like creature, and it's enraged.
(394) DM: (initiative)
(397) Calehan: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(422) Helisandra: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
(401) Garret: init: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(399) Daelan La'neral: INIT: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
Tian Keth: INIT: [1d20+12] -> [10,12] = (22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
(394) DM: (22, Tian)
** Tian Keth stops scouting ahead and runs back to the others to see what the angered **
(394) DM: (18, Helisandra)
(394) DM: You find the party engaged against a tree-like creature that has risen from its resting place in the creek bed. It towers over them by 30' and is enraged.
** (422) Helisandra pulls her horse to a stop and backs it away from the beast, not sure of whether this was a test, or danger. (total defense) **
(394) DM: (9, Garret)
(394) DM: (er, 18, G. sorry)
** (401) Garret hops from his horse, drawing his blade quick as he comes down on the tree in a falling stab (first roll only, combat expertise= -3 att, ac 25) **
(401) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [1,16] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [6,2,5,1,4] = (18)
(401) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [9,2,6,1,4] = (22)
(394) DM: (25 is a hit)
** Tian Keth shouts to stop attacking **
(401) Garret: (eesh roll a 1 for 15)
(394) DM: (yes, lol. ok)
(394) DM: If the creature was enraged before, now it's even moreso.
(394) DM: (9, Daelan)
(401) Garret: "After thought.... this isn't an elder.. right?"
** (399) Daelan La'neral steps in front of the Treant,kneeling down,speaking in elven to the creature,begging its forgiveness for our intrusion upon it. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: ( done)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [16,12] = (28)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] -> [3,4,9] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] -> [4,6] = (10)
(394) DM: In answer, the creature kicks Garret (AC 28) and sends him flying into the air several feet away.
(394) DM: (26 damage (16 from the kick and 10 from falling damage))
(394) DM: It turns with seething anger and focuses on you (Daelan) next.
(394) DM: (4, Cale)
** (397) Calehan doesn't waste time getting his weapons and launches a volley of glimmering daggers from an empty hand (magic missiles) **
(397) Calehan: Force Damage: Magic Missile [5d4+5] -> [4,1,2,4,3,5] = (19)
(397) Calehan: "I don't think this one's an elf."
(394) DM: (by the way, your mounts are spooked to say the least)
Tian Keth: "What did you do to make it mad in the first place, and why are you attacking it. just get on your horse and run away"
(394) DM: (22, Tian)
** Tian Keth keeps his weapon put away and goes into the woods sniffing out any other elves that may be close by to help talk to the trees **
(394) DM: (fyi, when Garret was kicked, his mount was flung as well, and landed with a sickening thump.)
(394) DM: (18, Heli)
(401) Garret: (I dismounted first)
** (422) Helisandra spurs her mount away from the tree and towards Garret. She reaches him and tries to check on him, while also keeping her mount under control, and keeping an eye on the tree. **
(394) DM: (never mind then)
(422) Helisandra: (( done. ))
(394) DM: (by the way, it's assumed you're having a time controlling your steed, as its not every day that trees just get up and attack people. =P It's not a factor in gameplay in any event.)
(394) DM: (18, G)
(394) DM: The force of the bolts from Calehan's spell opens vast gashes in the creature's trunk, causing amber sap to flow out in great rivulets.
** (401) Garret shakily shambles to a seat. "Ow.." Barely breathing out the sound, he draws a vial from in his coat, pops the cap and drinks it down. (Cure moderate Wounds: [2d8+6] -> [2,4,6] = (12) **
(401) Garret: (done)
(394) DM: (9, Dael)
** (399) Daelan La'neral stands up,his arms held out to his side,showing he has no weapons,continuing to speak to the creature in elven,begging for its forgiveness. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: (done)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
(394) DM: It stamps its foot, causing an oak a few feet away from you to rise up from its roots. Next, it grabs Daelan with one of its hands (AC 25) and squeezes.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] -> [2,4,9] = (15)
(394) DM: (15 damage.)
(394) DM: (4, Cale)
(401) Garret: :groans out painfully: "This situation is not improving."
(397) Calehan: "Damn, do I have to cut it down?"
(422) Helisandra: ::to Garret:: "Looks like the perfect elf couldn't get this thing to stop..."
(397) Calehan: "Hmm." ::Calls out:: "If no one else can stop this thing then I will. Just a warning to whoever might be listening."
** (397) Calehan gets ready to lightning bolt it if it attacks again, aiming as high as possible. **
(394) DM: (so nothing this round?)
(394) DM: (22, Tian)
(397) Calehan: (nothing immediately)
** Tian Keth continues looking for elves nearby calling out to them but starting to circle back toward his friends **
(394) DM: Silence (apart from the sounds of the battle) greet you.
(394) DM: (18, Heli)
** (422) Helisandra dismounts her horse and moves in towards the tree. "Looks like we ran out of options." She draws her rapiers as she moves, and moves them in a flowwing pattern that looks quite defensive. She makes a single strike at the tree, but mainly trying to get it to drop Daelen. ((Fight defensively [1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19))) **
(394) DM: It drops Daelan in response.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d6] -> [3,2,1] = (6)
(394) DM: (6 falling damage)
(394) DM: (18, Gar)
(394) DM: (I need a damage roll)
(422) Helisandra: ((sorry, duh...)) [1d6+3] -> [5,3] = (8) (unless also sneak attack...)
(394) DM: It's frenzied now.
** (401) Garret follows in after Helisandra, leading in sword first on the same one (first attack only, -5 att, ac 27 **
(401) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [3,16] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [2,2,3,1,4] = (12)
(401) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [7,2,3,1,4] = (17)
(401) Garret: (doh, ac 14)
(394) DM: (first attack hits)
(394) DM: huh?
(394) DM: then both miss.
(394) DM: (9, Dael)
Tian Keth: ((His roll didnt count the -5 from experties))
** (399) Daelan La'neral rolls over on the ground,coming up his bow in hand,firing an arrow at Helisandra and Garret ( delibrate miss,just putting an arrow in the ground at their feet is all) **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Leave now,you were warned not to fight!"
(394) DM: The oak finishes pulling itself up from its roots and moves over to you menancingly. The tree-like creature brings its roots over Daelan as if to suffocate him.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [1,12] = (13)
(394) DM: (misses)
(422) Helisandra: "Garret, tell me why I just saved his life, would you?"
(401) Garret: "Too nice for your own good"
(394) DM: (4, Heli)
(394) DM: (er Cale)
(397) Calehan: "Sometimes, I do wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Chopping down trees then paying elves a visit just doesn't feel right."
** (397) Calehan urges his horse past the animated oak and aims a lightning bolt through it at the treant. **
(397) Calehan: "Then again, letting someone die doesn't either; watch your head."
(397) Calehan: Electricity: Lightning Bolt [9d6] -> [1,3,5,5,4,1,1,6,4] = (30) DC (18) for half
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
(394) DM: It sidesteps the bolt, although enough of it sinks deep into the creature's bark, enough of it to cause it to fall over. (Reflex)
(394) DM: The oak also ceases moving.
(394) DM: (If you're on a horse, then -4 to your roll.)
(394) DM: Garret's mount bolts.
(422) Helisandra: (( are you saying it made reflex, or we need to make reflex saves? ))
(394) DM: ((read it again))
(422) Helisandra: Reflex: [1d20+14] -> [10,14] = (24)
(399) Daelan La'neral: Reflex save: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
(401) Garret: Reflex save: [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
(397) Calehan: Reflex: [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d6+30] -> [1,2,2,30] = (35)
(394) DM: (35 damage from a falling treant on top of Garret. He's pinned.)
(401) Garret: (darn and just when I rolled my highest of the night... a 4)
** (401) Garret cries out as the tree crushes his body down **
(394) DM: After the battle, all else is silent, but for the birds twittering in the trees and the nervous whickers of your mounts. No elves come rocketing out of the underbrush, though surely they are watching, if any.
(422) Helisandra: "Garret!" Helisandra calls out, as she lands after leaping out of the way of the falling tree.
** (399) Daelan La'neral walks over and looks down at Garret. **
** Tian Keth comes running back after a time having given up on the stupid elves **
** (422) Helisandra goes to see if Garret is even still alive after having a huge tree fall on him. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " See natures justice,all you had to do was let me speak to it,but no you acted like a stupid human and look where it got you. Maybe next time you will listen."
** (397) Calehan dismounts then hurries to help unbury Garret **
Tian Keth: "Ahh you kill it the elves..Oh Garret you are saposed to move out of the way of falling trees"
** (401) Garret tries to speak, but only manages to choke a bit and spit up blood at first. "This.... really.... hurts..." **
** Tian Keth moves to help lift the thing off Garret" **
** (422) Helisandra tries to help free Garret, doing what she can. **
Tian Keth: Str check: [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
** (399) Daelan La'neral slings his bow,and helps Tian. **
(422) Helisandra: Strength: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
** (397) Calehan lends what aid he can **
(397) Calehan: Strength: [1d20] -> [16] = (16)
** (401) Garret tries to push it up with their help **
(399) Daelan La'neral: Str check: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(401) Garret: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
Tian Keth: "If that was natures justice nature failed, though why did it attack in the frst place?"
(394) DM: Eventually you manage to get Garret to squeeze free. (it takes a while though)
(399) Daelan La'neral: " We used it for a bridge,it rose up angry,and Garret being a Human attacked even when told not to,and he paid the price."
(401) Garret: "Daelan ... shut up."
** Tian Keth shakes his head "Why would you walk on a sentiant tree withoout first asking it?" **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " We did not know it was a treant."
** (401) Garret lies on the ground, badly injured and aggravated. **
Tian Keth: "You were leading then Daelan, you should have known better"
Tian Keth: "Anyways it s dead now, the elves wont be happy but thats too bad they did nothing to stop it"
(422) Helisandra: "Look Dealen. I'm not sure why I just stopped that thing from killing you at this moment." she says as she tries to help patch up Garret a little. ((Basic basic first aid - [1d20] -> [11] = (11)))
** Tian Keth looks around for Garrets horse and starts tracking it down **
Tian Keth: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [17,13] = (30)
** (399) Daelan La'neral reaches into his belt pouch and pulls out a poultice he made in the castle,applying it to Garrets wounds. **
(401) Garret: "Let me ask you something Daelan." :speaks weakly to the elf: "Do trents often span over creeks pretending to be bridges?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Not that I am aware of,but we do not have them where I am from."
(401) Garret: "Then why would this one be waiting here in that manner?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps it was sleeping,or getting some water,how should I know."
(422) Helisandra: "You're en elf - I thought you knew everything. You act like it enough."
(394) DM: (btw, until someone comes along with a cleric, I'm playing Elunthal albeit in a noncombat manner. she won't assist in combat but will be your token healing battery.)
(422) Helisandra: (( hey - we'll take the available healing any way we can. ))
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I do not presume to know everything,unlike you Humans,I question things I have no knowledge about."
(394) Elunthal Silvermane: It was corrupted by evil. I sensed a taint to it. (heals Garret)
whispering to Garret, 25 damage so far.
(401) Garret: "It's a tree regardless, I figure it draws its water from the ground, and sleeping spanned out over a river doesn't seem all that comfortable." :coughs and sputters up a bit of blood: "Hence, I figured it was a trap. So I attack."
(422) Helisandra: ::looks at Garret and rolls her eyes:: "Why do I even bother?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: Poultice [2d6] -> [5,1] = (6)
(401) Garret: :grins to Heli: "Like I said... you're too nice."
(399) Daelan La'neral: ( 6 to you Garret)
** (394) Elunthal Silvermane is calm as she works, setting Garret's wounds and binding them. **
** (401) Garret breathes a bit easier as he feels his rib cage realigning under Elunthal's ministrations, "Thanks." **
** (422) Helisandra steps back as Elunthal goes to work. **
** (422) Helisandra reaches down to help Garret up once he feels ready to stand. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral walks over to the area where the Treant was laying looking the ground over. **
** (401) Garret accepts the helo and gets to his feet; a bit shaky but stable **
(401) Garret: (help even*)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+2] -> [4,3,2] = (9)
whispering to Garret, 9 more damage healed
(422) Helisandra: "You seem to have lost a couple steps there, you used to be a little quicker." she says, with a wink.
(401) Garret: "Didn't use to have trees fall on me." :replies snidely:
(422) Helisandra: "True, that is a new one."
** (422) Helisandra looks around to see if Tian has returned, and to see what Calehan has been doing. **
(394) DM: (yes, he has)
** (397) Calehan has been standing around useless, being good at taking things apart and not so much help for putting them back together **
Tian Keth: "I got your horse for you"
** (399) Daelan La'neral looks up at the sky," We have a few more hours of traveling,best be on our way." **
** (422) Helisandra goes over and collects her own horse from where she got off it. She remounts and prepares herself to go. **
(401) Garret: "Thanks Tian.":staggers a bit to his horse. "Dael... can we continue sans bridge?"
Tian Keth: "I wonder if the elves left the area knowing that thing would attack us, I could not smell any near here"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Yes we are on the other side of the river now."
(422) Helisandra: "Even elves cannot cover the entire forest all the time."
** (397) Calehan mounts up again as well, ready to go on, though as puzzled as anyone about the encounter. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Evil things here? This does not seem possible. Something or someone has tainted this wood."
Tian Keth: "Well I have it on good authority that this area blongs to the Shadow elves not the Green elves. What was it Alarius said about them, they do not follow the laws of the others? We may want to be on guard then since his writ may not protect us here"
(422) Helisandra: "But we must still not attack them in anger, right? Very well. But next time we are attacked, I'm not waiting to see if it's a test."
(401) Garret: "Then we pay a lot more attention. Tian. take point with Dael. We can put that nose to good use."
(422) Helisandra: (( brb ))
** (401) Garret mounts up ready to move out **
(422) Helisandra: Taking off to the shadows.
(422) Helisandra (exit): 01:56
Tian Keth: "I will scout more thoughaly now."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " If what Alarius said is true,then I hope we did not break the writ by killing the Treant,if so then we will be hunted as long as we are in this Wood."
** (399) Daelan La'neral moves ahead of the horses once more,leading the others,while keeping a sharp eye out for anything else that may pose a hazzard. **
(401) Garret: "If the tree didn't want a fight it would have just played the part of bridge and let us along our way."
** Tian Keth sets out ahead of the others keeping about fifty feet ahead but sweeping thirty feet to each side and on constant alert for anything that may be out of place. **
(436) Helisandra (enter): 02:00
(394) DM: After leaving the creek, the trail winds through the forest. Occasional paving stones reveal that you are on some kind of ancient road. There is a fork in the road ahead.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (436) Helisandra...
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Did the tree falling on you hurt Garret? Perhaps having 3 horses walk across it hurt it as well."
** (436) Helisandra travels in the rear, letting the others lead while she scans the forest from her viewpoint for any enemies, or possible enemies. **
(394) TaliesinNYC: (brb)
** (399) Daelan La'neral stops at the fork in the path. **
(401) Garret: "It was a tree Dael, it's bark hide could take some weight better than I"
** Tian Keth whistles to the others in a familar way notifing them to be on guard sinc he found something that may or may not cause problems **
** (401) Garret goes alert at the whistle, wondering what's up **
** (436) Helisandra tenses up as well, moving one hand to her main rapier, but not unsheating it, yet. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral notices Garret sit up and take notice to the whistle," Was is it?" **
(436) Helisandra: "It's Tian, he actually found something before walking on it."
(401) Garret: "I don't know."
** (436) Helisandra moves up toward where Tian's whistle came from, keeping every sense open to the area around her. **
(401) Garret: :as he looks about for some threat or a signal from Tian, asks Dael: "Which way?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " You have a sharp tongue Helisandra,to bad it does not match your wits."
(394) DM: Tian returns to you, from the right fork.
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps the left fork,we should wait for Tian to return first."
** (436) Helisandra ignores Daelan as she moves to Tian. "Anything interesting?" **
Tian Keth: "There is what sounds like someone shuffeling though lose pages down that way, So what direction do we need to head to get to the Wheel anyways?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Left."
Tian Keth: "Ok then we can avoid what ever was causing the noise, though be on guard behind you just incase what ever it is decides to follow. I'll start scouting the left branch"
** Tian Keth sets off in his sweeping pattern again down the left fork **
** (399) Daelan La'neral begins to lead the way down the left path. **
(436) Helisandra: "Oh, ok." she responds to Tian, and then takes the rear as they travel down the path. She keeps her eyes and ears open even more with Tian's warning.
(401) Garret: "Alright. be careful." :follows along the left path
** (397) Calehan mumbles, "hm.. papers.." but follows along the left fork. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral continues to glance around as he walks down the path. **
(394) DM: The forest path twists and turns, rises and falls as it negotiates increasingly rougher terrain. The forest growth is thick, though it is not difficult to see clearly some distance into it. As you round the shoulder of a small hill, a beautiful glen opens before you. It is approximately 100 yards in diameter and covered with a thick turf of lush grass. The perimeter is ringed with stately beech trees that must be at least 3 centuries old. Near, but not exactly in, the center of the glen is a copse of smaller beeches, whose branches have grown together to form a leafy canopy above a small cairn of rocks.
(394) DM: Three paths leave the glen, heading NW, NE and SW. (you came from the SW path.)
** (399) Daelan La'neral stops before entering the glen **
** (401) Garret stops behind Dael: "Something wrong?" **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I am not sure,something does not feel right here."
** (436) Helisandra moves up next to Daelan and looks over the area as well. (Search for traps - for the fun of it) **
** Tian Keth comes out of the woods to your left **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
** (399) Daelan La'neral reaches down and lightly touches the grass. **
** (436) Helisandra shrugs, but knows that she still has much to learn about forests and what is right and wrong. **
(397) Calehan: "So where is anybody?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps it is nothing,it may just be that I am in the shadow elves wood."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Stay here I shall check out this glen."
** Tian Keth enters the glen on high alert and moves to get a closer look at the rocks in the center **
** (399) Daelan La'neral cautiously enters the glen,glancing around him **
** (436) Helisandra stays in place, watching the other two as they move through the glen. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " This place is too quiet,to peaceful,it seems out of place in these woods Tian."
(401) Garret: :whispers to Heli: "This is the part where they piss on the trees and rub their asses in the grass to mark the place, right?"
Tian Keth: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [10,14] = (24)
(436) Helisandra: ::whispers back::"I hope not, but who knows?"
** (399) Daelan La'neral walks around to the NE path,looking the it over,scanning for any recent tracks. **
** (401) Garret dismounts and leads his horse into the glen. Keeping an eye out for danger, he heads for the rocks below the canopy. Curious of their purpose. **
** (399) Daelan La'neral looks back,seeing Garrets actions and shakes his head. **
(394) DM: It appears to be a burial cairn of some sort.
(394) DM: The rocks form a natural basin on the top of the cairn. Within is a pool of sweet-smelling liquid.
Tian Keth: "There is something hidden in the rocks, what I am not sure though"
** (399) Daelan La'neral motions for the others to enter the glen **
(394) DM: At the base of the cairn is the remains of a lyre. Atop the instrument is an oddly proportioned leather glove in perfect condition. The glove is odd in that it is half again as wide as a normal man's hand and is monogrammed with the letter "L".
** (436) Helisandra moves into the glen and over to the cairn. She looks over the pool and glove suspiciously (search for traps). **
** Tian Keth holds his hand up near the glove **
(436) Helisandra: (( so, I could put both my hands into the glove side to side then, huh? ;) ))
Tian Keth: "I know I dont have small hands but that glove is very much too big."
** (399) Daelan La'neral looks at the glove then at Tian. **
(399) Daelan La'neral: " How did that part go,about holding the sword with no hand?"
(436) Helisandra: (( oh, and which glove is it, left or right? ))
(394) DM: ((left))
(436) Helisandra: "L for left hand? Strange to be here like this though."
Tian Keth: "I wonder whos grave this is, Do you know Daelan?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " The name of the just king his name started with an L did it not."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " No Tian I have no idea whose grave it is,but the glove has to be enchanted to withstand the elements and the lyre did not."
Tian Keth: "Oh well, what direction from here, North West or North East?"
(399) Daelan La'neral: " I would have to say North East."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " Though I could be wrong."
** Tian Keth sets out to the north east in his normal scouting pattern, looking to the sky first to see how many hours of travel they have left **
** (399) Daelan La'neral follows behind Tian **
** (436) Helisandra takes the rear position again, watching the group's back. **
** (397) Calehan maintains the middle position, pondering the boredom of trees and sky for hours. **
(397) Calehan: "Even the excitement was about a tree really."
(399) Daelan La'neral: " There are worse things than that in these wood Calehan."
(436) Helisandra: (( brb ))
(394) DM: (not going to be able to finish the rest of this encounter tonight, so I'll just describe this for now and we can start with combat next session)
(401) Garret: eh?
(397) Calehan: "Sorry, just trying to keep myself occupied while we ride."
(394) DM: The way becomes broader as you head steadily onwards and eventually the remains of a broad road are discovered -- more of the major trade route that once passed Loring's Wood, long abandoned. The terrain is quite hilly and rocky, and the foot hills of mountains can be seen far away through the trees. There is a booming noise like thunder, though the sky holds no hint of a storm.
(394) DM: The crumbling stones swing in a wide curve around the foot of a hill. Before you, the road runs straight through a narrow defile, heading sharply upwards. About 150 yards ahead of you, there is the mouth of a cave, perfectly circular and highly carved, framing two gigantic figures. The thunder is their laughter, as they are engaged in some game, which you have clearly interrupted.
(394) DM: They say, "Step aside, ants, or suffer the consequences!" Stooping over, they each retrieve huge boulders from the roadside and hurl them at you, although the boulders miss. They appear to be giants, but you're unsure as to specifics.
(394) DM: (next session will begin with combat, if necessary)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms