Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(143) TaliesinNYC: k
(143) TaliesinNYC: so anyone need a recap from
(141) Garret: a bit of one wouldn't hurt
(140) Calehan: We opened the door to 8, and
(139) Helisandra: we were attacked by
(140) Calehan: Also, we killed Irinia and she
melted. The barrier in 20 is still present
(143) DM: You basically explored the keep and
managed to recover most of the other shards, but are still missing the emerald
shard and the amethyst shard.
(143) DM: (sounds right)
(143) TaliesinNYC: The passage opens into a
large comfortable room of dark smoked quartz. Bright tapestries hang from the
wall. Two smaller doors and a grand translucent blue crystal door open into
this room. Crouching by the door to the north are three small, filthy creatures
with cruel claws and red-glowing eyes. When they see you, they rise and shamble
(141) Garret: (which room is this again?)
** (139) Helisandra quickly draws out her sister
rapiers and takes a defensive stance, not positive just yet that these
creatures were attacking. **
(139) Helisandra: (( 8 ))
(141) Garret: (ok)
** (141) Garret cocks a brow at the approaching
creatures, resting a hand to the hilt of his sheathed sword. **
** (140) Calehan raises his daggers, readying for
more battle. **
(140) Calehan: "At least this can't go on
much longer; that's probably the last spire."
(143) DM: The creatures stop, cocking their
heads momentarily, then snigger and vanish.
(139) Helisandra: "Besides the amethyst
(141) Garret: "Eh?" :looks about
curiously after the vanishing of the creatures, wondering if they've used some
magic to teleport or go invisible. Carefully he listens for any movement.
** (142) Daelan La'neral watches the 3 creatures
disappear,mutters to himself about how they should have killed the creatures.
(143) DM: The odor of brimstone seems to have
been left in their wake.
** (139) Helisandra starts to slowly move forward,
keeping her eyes peeled for any sign that they might still be nearby. (heading
towards the door to the right, to 7) **
(141) Garret: :While keeping alert, asks
aside to Cale: "Any idea what those were?"
(140) Calehan: "I'd have to say..."
(140) Calehan: "Some kind of demons, not
too strong if they ran, right?"
** (139) Helisandra will start looking over the door
(to 7) when she arrives at it. **
(141) Garret: :skeptically: "Yeah...
(142) Daelan La'neral: " I do not
believe they ran away,they left because soon we shall be facing thier
(139) Helisandra: "But we already took care
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] ->
[11,12] = (23).[1d20+12] -> [11,12] = (23)
(142) Daelan La'neral: " I am speaking
of the mage."
(139) Helisandra: "Oh, Irinia. Well, let's
not be standing here then when they arrive."
(140) Calehan: "There's really two reasons
to run. To get a better position to fight, or to get away. I don't think they
can get out of the castle so they'll probably try to ambush us later. That's
the usual way of dealing with being outnumbered."
** (139) Helisandra reaches out and tries to open the
door to 7. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " I believe the
final battle here will take place when we enter the room to place the crystals.
That would be the logical place to wait for us."
(143) TaliesinNYC: Once set aside for servant's
quarters, this room is small but comfortable with four small neat bunks, a
writing desk, a common table, and large trunks at the foot of each bed. You
notice an oiled rag and a whetstone lying out, and also find a small leather
punch and buckle similar to those used in suits of plate armor.
(141) Garret: "If it's at the logical
place, it's not much of an ambush." :offers as he listens to their
(142) Daelan La'neral: " It will not be
an ambush,they know we are here,and we know they are here,nothing more than
gathering whats left of your forces in one area and hoping for the best
** (139) Helisandra enters the rooms and looks over
the trunks before searching through them. (Serarch traps). **
(140) Calehan: "More of a last stand then?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] ->
[5,12] = (17)
(142) Daelan La'neral: " So to
speak,either for them or us.
(141) Garret: "Yes, that's more an act
of desparation really."
** (139) Helisandra opens the trunks and searches
through them. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Not really
desperation,they have several things on thier side which we do not. They have
more men than we,and they have had several weeks to explore this place,so they
know the terrain better than we,that gives them the advantage."
(140) Calehan: "There's still two more
pieces to get before we can move on to that anyway. We'll have to deal with
Irinia again before then, it seems."
(141) Garret: "Hmmm... frankly I'm
worried of her mind tricks than her helpers anyway."
(141) Garret: "You about done in there
** (139) Helisandra walks out of the room holding a
parchment in her hand. "Yeah, found a few simple weapons, but also this.
It seems to be a note from someone named Tiran. I
think he is, or was, one of the guards here that started to break the
enchentment Irinia placed on him." **
(141) Garret: "Good for him."
(139) Helisandra: "Yes. Other than this
however, not really anything in there."
(141) Garret: :shrug: "Not everyroom is
(139) Helisandra: (( ok, where are the other
doors in this hallway? to 10, to 9, and the small unnumbered room?" ))
(141) Garret: (onto 9!)
(143) DM: ((one door to the other 7, one to 9,
one to a balcony overlooking the ground below and one to 2))
** (139) Helisandra has had enough playing around and
heads to the large blue translucent doors. "Well, we ready? My guess is
the big doors go somewhere interesting" she says, with a playful tone. **
(139) Helisandra: (( k. Sorry, sometimes the map
is hard to tell. ))
(140) Calehan: "The sapphire spire I
suppose. I wonder if there's guards there too."
(139) Helisandra: "Irinia sent a few this
way as I was dragged into the amethyst spire earlier, so I would expect some
** (141) Garret follows to the big blue doors **
** (139) Helisandra starts looking over the door,
knowing Irinia's love of trapped doors. **
** (142) Daelan La'neral moves up beside
Garret,looking him over,then hands him a dark green potion. " Drink
it,from the looks of you,and the others you need it." ( potion CSW) **
** (141) Garret holds up a hand to Daelan's offer,
"I have a couple of my own. This much won't kill me. Save it for a more
dire moment." **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " As you
wish." putting the potion back in his pack.
** (139) Helisandra pulls out the crystal key,
sheathing one rapier. She listens at the door for a moment before makig sure
everyone is ready. **
(141) Garret: :ready:
** (140) Calehan takes the spare moment to
concentrate on his dagger and store a fresh spell in it. (magic missile of
** (140) Calehan nods. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Open it,you
are not getting any younger human."
(139) Helisandra: (( now, just waiting for the
result of the listen check... ))
** (139) Helisandra frowns at Daelan for a moment,
but then looks away from him and back to the door. She touches the crystal to
the sunburst rune on the door and as the door opens, quickly puts the crystal
(143) TaliesinNYC: Emerald light bathes this
room in a verdant glow. Plants and flowers of all types fill this great
arboretum. Stone benches and small statues are lost in the riotous growth of
vegetation that rules here. Winding pathways lead farther into the garden. This
room is inside one of the great spires of the crystal castle, and the crystal
walls meet in an apex 100' above the floor. You are surprised to see a small
green gem or crystal hovering in the air over the center of the room, easily
60' above the floor and 10' to 15' above the highest of trees.
While you stand in the doorway observing the scene, a beautiful woman appears
among the lush leaves of the pathways. She holds a finger to her lips,
silencing you and beckons for you to follow as she turns and heads deeper into
** (142) Daelan La'neral looks around at the green
plants and vegitation," Finally a room that feels good to me." **
** (141) Garret glances after the woman,
(143) DM: She smiles faintly, turns around and
disappears into the underbrush.
** (139) Helisandra looks to Garret and nods to the
side, indicating that she is going to take a flank position through the shadows
of the trees. **
** (142) Daelan La'neral slips into the
room,disappearing into the underbrush. **
** (139) Helisandra moves into the underbrush as
well, on the opposite side of the path that the woman took. She stops once in
the shadows and melds into them. **
(139) Helisandra: (( *woman took from Daelan ))
** (141) Garret ignores the woman and elf's
disappearances and begins following a pathway toward the the center of the
room, using the gem in the air as a guide. **
** (140) Calehan sheathes one dagger to keep a hand
free with all the vegetation and follows directly after the woman. **
(140) Calehan: :Quietly:"A clear
invitation; and to what."
(143) DM: There is a strong, acrid odor in the
chamber that contrasts sharply with the vegetation and scenery.
(141) Garret: :gives an errant call out as
he progresses: "Splitting up may not be the wisest decision here."
:continues along the path, watching the vegetation for signs of danger and
listening for his allies.:
(143) DM: The woman seems to have disappeared,
as your efforts to find her seem to be for naught.
(140) Calehan: "How big are these rooms
anyway? The plants make it hard to tell here."
** (142) Daelan La'neral steps out of the underbrush
right in front of Garret,holding his hand up to stop them. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " The plants are
real enough,but I am not sure of the female human,she maybe a nymph."
(141) Garret: :stops beside the elf:
(142) Daelan La'neral: " She moves
through the woods as I do or a Druid,but I did not get the feeling she is of
(141) Garret: :shrugs: "I have no
problem with that. If so, let's just try to decent guests in her home."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Continue along
the path,I shall follow beside you in the brush."
(141) Garret: :nods and continues along the
** (142) Daelan La'neral slips back into the
brush,following the others. **
(141) Garret: (how high's the gem floating?)
** (139) Helisandra continues to do as she had been
doing (( just so you all know i am still here. :) )) **
(143) DM: (80')
(143) DM: All of the paths loop around to the
(139) Helisandra: (( with, or without reaching
the gem? ))
(143) DM: (without)
** (139) Helisandra whispers from the side of the
path near Garret. "Garret, we must enter the forest to reach the gem. This
path goes nowhere." Then, there is silence once again. **
(141) Garret: "Alright. alright. into
the brush." :heads into the garden, following the sight of the gem above.:
** (139) Helisandra moves along with Garret and
Calehan, even though she isn't seen or heard. **
(143) Voice: (soft feminine voice): So, do you
seek the shard?
** (141) Garret glances about. "Aye, we
(143) Voice: (giggles): And how much are you
willing to pay for it?
(141) Garret: "Want a partially
disturbed green elf?"
(143) Voice: (giggles): I am not interested in
(141) Garret: :shrug: "Can't blame ya.
he's kind of annoying so far."
(141) Garret: "Afraid I don't have much
to offer in the way of precious jewels or gold though. Perhaps you have a price
** (141) Garret tries to focus his ears of the voice
to find it's speaker's location **
** (141) Garret continues his stroll toward the room's
center(or whereever is directly below the gem) **
(143) Voice: (giggles): A pity.
(143) Voice: I will release the shard to you if
you release me from your service.
(143) DM: Someone fires an arrow at the shard
from a tree. The arrow misses its target.
(141) Garret: "I didn't know you were
in our service." :as he approaches:
(141) Garret: :guesses: "Daelan...
don't shoot things haphazardly"
(143) Voice: You have slain the one who bound
me here, so now I enter into your service.
(141) Garret: "And who are you
exactly?" :in after thought.: "Forgive my rudeness, miss. I am
Garret, and you are...?" :continues toard the center of the spire:
(143) Voice: I am forbidden to reveal my name
to one who has not earned it, but you may call me "Jestira"
(143) Voice: There are rules, mortal.
(141) Garret: "Forgive me. I'm
unfamiliar in these matters." keeps walking: "Then in what way are
you bound to serve us.. may I ask?"
(143) DM: The beautiful woman appears next to
the tree that Daelan climbed. A pair of horns can be seen on her head.
(143) Jesitra: I am bound to serve you, until
you release me from your service, you are slain, or the master of this tower
returns. However, I desire freedom and I sense that you seek the shard. If you
release me from my service, I shall give you the shard. I swear this on the
** (143) Jesitra smiles faintly, flicking out a
forked tongue. **
** (139) Helisandra frowns from the shadows upon
seeing the current form of the woman, but says nothing. **
(141) Garret: :cocks his head aside:
"If you are bound to serve us, then by all means aren't you bound to give
us the gem should we request it of you?"
** (142) Daelan La'neral stands after finishing his
prayer to the tree,walking over to Garret. **
(143) Jesitra: Clever, mortal. I cannot give
you what has been contained by hands not my own.
(143) Jesitra: I can show you the means to gain
(142) Daelan La'neral: " It does not
work like that Garret,she is bound to this room and this room only,once she is
freed she can freely give us what we seek."
(141) Garret: "Then how can you give it
to us should you be set free?"
(143) Jesitra: I can give you the means to gain
it, mortal. (explains patiently)
(141) Garret: "Then you would be bound
to show us the way... regardless of self serving deals." :speaks dryly:
(143) Jesitra: I am bound to your service,
mortal, only within this room. The means to gain the shard lie elsewhere,
outside of this chamber. (smiles faintly, flicking her tongue)
(141) Garret: "Do tell then,
(143) Jesitra: Only if you release me from my
service, my master. (smiles sweetly)
** (142) Daelan La'neral stands and listens. **
(141) Garret: "You don't even answer a
question when asked, though you claim to be in our service, and I'm to trust
you after you are freed?"
(143) Jesitra: I am a daemon. It is my nature,
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Forgive him,he
is a Human."
(141) Garret: :casts an annoyed glance to
the elf before turning back to their "servant"
(142) Daelan La'neral: " When she is
asked a question Garret she answers in one,so be careful how you speak."
(143) Jesitra: I did answer your question. When
Kaxathros lived, I was bound to slay all who entered this chamber who was not under
the service of Irinia. Now that you have slain her, I am bound by you although
not free to leave. (smiles faintly and flicks her tongue)
(143) Jesitra: Release me, and I shall give you
what you seek.
** (139) Helisandra steps out of the shadows behind
Jesitra. "And what, daemon, does your release mean? That you can reutrn
home, or that you can terrorize others of your own free will?" **
** (139) Helisandra turns to Garret, not really
expecting a reply from the deamon. 'Garret, if we release her, and she harms
another - that would be on our hands." **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Make her oath
(141) Garret: "I understand that."
(143) Jesitra: I only answer to he who is my
master. (smiles sweetly at Helisandra)
** (139) Helisandra nods to Garret, then turns her
attention back to Jesitra, watching the deamon coldly. **
(141) Garret: :looks to the elf: "She's
a demon. they're not particularly trustworthy.
(142) Daelan La'neral: " She is bound
by her word if she swears to the oath."
** (141) Garret pays little attention to Daelan and
the demon, as he stares up to the gem in contemplation **
(141) Garret: "Demon.. can you
** (142) Daelan La'neral sits down and eats a freshly
picked apple. **
(143) Jesitra: No, my master.
(141) Garret: "Hmph.... wonder if we
could get a net up that high."
** (142) Daelan La'neral speaking around a mouthful
of apple," Would do you no good,even an arrow from my bow would not bring
it down." **
(141) Garret: :turns an odd glance to the
elf, but doesn't bother to speak:
** (139) Helisandra gets a questioning look on her
face for a moment, then steps back into the shadows of the trees, disappearing
from sight. **
(141) Garret: :sighs and relents to speak to
Jestira: "Tell me demon. how did you come to be bound here?"
(142) Daelan La'neral: " It seems she
has us at a disadvantage,either we help her or we sit here until the end of
(143) Jesitra: I was brought here, by
Kaxathros, who gave me to his mistress, Irinia. She made me swear an oath, but
the oath did not terminate upon her death. It is the nature of such an oath,
that mastery passes on to a successor or until a set of conditions has elapsed.
(141) Garret: "What conditions?"
** (141) Garret gives a slight nod for no distinct
** (142) Daelan La'neral pulls his legs up close to
him,crosses his legs,places his bow ontop on his lap,then folds his hands over
his bow,lowers his head and begins to meditate. **
(143) Jesitra: I told you already, my master.
Until you are slain, or the master of this tower returns.
(141) Garret: "And if you were to swear
an oath to me that you would return to your own realm once freed and never
return to the mortal realm again. should I believe that you would?"
(143) Jesitra: Certainly. (smiles sweetly,
flicking her tongue)
(141) Garret: Sense Motive Skill Check:
[1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
** (141) Garret lets out a heavy sigh and glances to
his companions, the ones he can see, for their reaction. **
** (141) Garret raises a hand to rub the bridge of
his nose, while muttering something under his breath **
(143) DM: (folks, I need a decision)
(141) Garret: (hai hai)
(141) Garret: [1d2] ->  = (2)
** (141) Garret turns a stern eye to the demoness.
"If we're going to do this, then I want you to swear an oath with me.
Swear that you will harm no mortal beings once you are freed and will flee to
your own realm." **
** (143) Jesitra bares her teeth in a grin and says,
"I swear to harm no mortal beings once I am released and to depart for my
realm forthwith." **
** (143) Jesitra flicks her tongue at Garret as she
says this. **
(141) Garret: "I know I'm going to
regret this." :shakes his head and settles his hand on his sheathed sword:
"Just don't forget you owe us a gem shard before you leave."
** (143) Jesitra giggles. "Thank you for releasing
me. Never trust a daemon, mortal. Good bye." **
** (143) Jesitra vanishes. **
(141) Garret: "I didn't say you were
released yet." :quirks an annoyed brow:
(143) DM: A cloud of brimstone appears when she
** (142) Daelan La'neral lifts his head at the smell
of brimstone,looking around. **
** (142) Daelan La'neral looks up at the gem,then at
(143) Voice: Release me and I shall reveal to
you how you may gain the shard, mortal.
** (141) Garret groans and slaps his head at the
demon's demand after it's careless exit attempt. "You must be the dumbest
demon ever." **
** (141) Garret turns away in annoynace heading back
toward the exit **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " You released
one only to gain another Garret."
** (139) Helisandra appears beside Garret as he turns
and she walks with him. **
(143) Voice: You dealt with a daemon who needed
no release, mortal.
(143) DM: This is a masculine voice.
** (142) Daelan La'neral sits and waits,knowing the
others will return. **
** (139) Helisandra looks to Garret as they walk.
"Finish this now, or later?" **
(141) Garret: "Don't care." :keeps
walking: "I'm not dealing with demons one after another. she said the
secret is in another room. We'll figure it out ourselves if we must"
(143) Voice: I am not a daemon, mortal.
** (139) Helisandra continues walking with Garret. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Seems the
Humans do not wish to speak to you."
(141) Garret: "Once more... don't
(143) Voice: So be it then. I can wait. What is
time to a celestial?
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Infinate,as is
time to us elves."
(143) Voice: Even elves must die. (dryly)
(142) Daelan La'neral: " As do
gods,when the worshipers forget them."
** (139) Helisandra pauses and places a hand on
Garret's shoulder. "What if he, it, is telling the truth and is a
celestial? How about we try one more time?" **
(143) Voice: A truth, an eternal truth.
(141) Garret: :to heli: "Or it's the
same rediculous daemon, masking it's voice and making up a bull story to get us
to release it again. I'd rather leave it for the Master of the Keep to deal
with... if he comes back alive."
(139) Helisandra: "Except that we will need
the green gem to free him. And we have explored almost all of this keep, and I
don't remember anything that would help us with obtaining it."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Which are you?
A fallen diety? or a bound one?"
** (141) Garret looks to the shorter girl wearily.
Stretching an arm back to the center of the room. "Chat away." **
(143) Voice: I am a spirit from Sul who Alarius
has kept for his purposes. I desire release and a return to my realm. I will
reveal to you a path to that which you desire. And I swear this on the first
** (139) Helisandra looks back to the center of the
room, to where the gem floats high and speaks in that direction, knowing that
this being will hear her. "You say that you need to be released, but why
are you here only now?" **
(143) Voice: I have been here all this time,
(139) Helisandra: "Why did you not speak
(143) Voice: She was here, the one who you know
(139) Helisandra: "Of course.."
(143) Voice: She will return to the mortal
realm, some time later, bound she will be to a man who seeks dominion over the
spiritual and the infernal, and the temporal. And she will be released out into
the world by those who know not of her nature. (dryly)
(143) DM: You get the sense that this last was
directed at Garret.
(142) Daelan La'neral: " So both of you
were bound here,she tricked Garret to get her release,and now you are seeking
(141) Garret: "I never set she was
released. Besides. if you wanted it stopped, you really should have spoken
(143) Voice: She never NEEDED release, mortal.
(139) Helisandra: "Then why would she ask
for it, and not just leave?"
(143) Voice: She was free to leave when you
slew her master.
(141) Garret: "Just needs the vindication
I suppose. Most other women just want to hear they're pretty."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " I am begining
to understand,she was never bound by the mage,she was bound by the other
deamon,she would have known we did not kill the real mage."
(143) Voice: I do not know. You would do better
to count the number of stars in the sky than to talk sense with a daemon.
** (139) Helisandra glances at Garret, "Well, he
talks like a celestial would..." **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " She kept
saying we killed the mage,when we in fact know we did not."
(141) Garret: :skeptically to Heli:
"How many celestials have you spoken to?"
(143) Voice: She entered into this world by the
command of the one known as Kaxathros, who then gave her to the one known as
Irinia, who is a creation of the one known as Almeena, the Ever-Maiden. Irinia
bound her to her service. This service ended as soon as you slew her.
(139) Helisandra: "Well, like I would
imagine that they would."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " So how may we
(141) Garret: "Hmph..." :shakes
(143) Voice: I can only be freed if you would
accept to be my master, and to call upon my service at a time of your choosing.
Thus would the binding of Alarius be passed on to you.
(142) Daelan La'neral: " How many times
may we call upon you?"
(143) Voice: You may call upon me not less than
once and not more than three times. You may not keep me in service for longer
than a period of one day. Because the mage has been absent for more than a day,
I cannot be released until his return.
(143) DM: (erp, one hour. my bad)
(143) DM: (you can't keep him in service for
more than one hour and he has been absent for more than one hour)
(143) DM: (is what I meant to say)
(143) DM: (what he means is that because
Alarius isn't around to release him, he wants to leave and the only way he can
be released is if someone else accepts the burden.)
(142) Daelan La'neral: " What name are
you called spirit?"
(139) Helisandra: (( ahh - why didn't you just
say so... I was trying to understand that... ))
(143) Voice: It is not given to mortals to know
the name of a spirit of Sul, but you may call me Mnemone, of Potmos.
(143) DM: A floating, disembodied beheaded male
human head appears next to Helisandra.
(143) Mnemone: This is the form by which I am
empowered to appear on the mortal realm.
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Ok just so I
understand how this works,we agree to take you with us and become your
master,we can only call upon you up to 3 times per day but only an hour each
time,if we do this you agree to give us the crystal?"
(141) Garret: (beheaded head?... that mean
(143) DM: (as in a beheaded person. what
happens when a guillotine chops off your head?)
(139) Helisandra: (( but you said disembodied
(141) Garret: (the body's there too?)
(143) DM: (he's a pale, ghostly human head, his
neck torn off from his body)
(139) Helisandra: "Ahh, there you are.
Well, that does make it a little easier than talking to a room. So, if one of us
agrees to be your master, you will help us a few times, and then be freed,
(141) Garret: (not very attractive for a
(143) Mnemone: Correct, mortal. Release me, and
I shall return to the celestial realm. Call upon me in a time of need, for no
longer than an hour, and you may do so three more times.
(143) Mnemone: After the third time, I am
released from your service for all eternity.
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Well seems it
likes you Helisandra,so agree or not."
(139) Helisandra: "Very well. What kinds of
things would you be able to help us with?"
(143) Mnemone: Lore, knowledge, prophecy and
fate. I serve the god Potmos, who is an Aspect of Oneiros.
(143) Mnemone: I know that you are aspects of
other beings, who live in dreams. You have seen a person who you shall meet
again. You yourselves will remember THIS conversation in dreams.
(139) Helisandra: "I see. Then I shall help
you, even though that was confusing just now." *clears her through and
tries to sound important and official* "Mnemone, I bind you to serve me
for the alloted time, until the set conditions of your release are met."
** (143) Mnemone closes his eyes and nods, if a
disembodied head could nod. "What would the Lady Helisandra wish of a
servant such as I?" **
(139) Helisandra: "Well, first of all -
just so that you will be able to be realsed. What enemies do we still face
within this keep in our attempt to free Alarius?"
(143) Mnemone: None.
** (139) Helisandra looks to Garret. "Got any
(141) Garret: "just one." :rather
than speaking, points to the gem above them:
(142) Daelan La'neral: " So they are
all gone,dead,not here anywhere on this floating castle? If that were true why
can we not get the crystal from the other room?"
(143) Mnemone: Alarius built this citadel so
that a portion of this magic would reside in the shards which together summon
the White Spire from the realm of the Beyond. When the Spire disappeared, his
magic activated certain restrictions which would only be overcome by those with
the proper knowledge. The reason you are unable to recover those shards is
because you lack that knowledge.
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Well enlighten
us with your knowledge on how to retrieve the last crystal."
(143) Mnemone: To recover the amethyst shard,
you must think of the shard in your hand while within the amethyst spire. You
must be of good character for this to occur. Do so, and it will be done.
(143) Mnemone: To recover the emerald shard,
you must somehow fly up to the shard, touch it and it will be released from its
cage. Do so, and it will be done.
(143) Mnemone: Bring all six shards to the
pedestal in the courtyard, and the White Spire will return from the realm of
(141) Garret: "Right..... so you know
any possible ways for us to fly?"
(143) Mnemone: I am many things, you who are
known as Garret, but I am not a wizard. (chuckles)
(139) Helisandra: "Calahan said there were
many potions we found, maybe one of them will help."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " So one of the
Humans has to think the crystal into thier hands? and for the last one,one of
them has to fly."
(139) Helisandra: "Mnemone - for your final
question, how can we return this keep back to where it was when we came to
(143) Mnemone: It does not have to be done by a
(143) Mnemone: Alarius will return it once he
(141) Garret: "Hmph.. maybe we can ask
the dragon to go get it then."
(141) Garret: (drake rather)
(139) Helisandra: "Very well. That is our
three questions Mnemone. You are released, and.. thank you for your
(143) Mnemone: Until you call upon me again, my
lady. A foretelling: you will not meet the one known as Jelistra again in this
time. Your other selves have met her once before and will meet her again in the
** (143) Mnemone vanishes. **
(141) Garret: :shakes his head: "Other
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Humans,daemons
and floating gods,whats next dwarves and orc?"
(139) Helisandra: "Other selves?" she
mutters. She then shakes her head and looks to Garret. "Let's finish this,
(143) DM: ((that's a reference to a very early
part of the campaign, but only Lunauc remembers this, because none of you were
playing back then))
(141) Garret: "Gladly. We just have to
figure out how to get up there"
(139) Helisandra: (( yeah, I think I remember
something about that in the logs, but it has been a long time since I read
(139) Helisandra: "Well, let's get the
Amethyst one, and then search for a way to get up to the emerald."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Well all you
have to do is hold out your hand and think the crystal in your hand
** (139) Helisandra starts walking back to the
amethyst spire, via the path they took to get here. **
(141) Garret: ("Have to go to the
amethyst spire for that on. In here... we need to fly." :to Daelan:
"Don't suppose you can instruct a bird to go get it or something..?"
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Can you jump
(141) Garret: '"yes... not quite that
high though." :dryly:L
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Can you
(141) Garret: "up the sheer insloping
walls of a spire.. no."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " No can you
climb a tree?"
(141) Garret: "Trees aren't tall
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Climb to the
top of the tree and jump up to get the crystal."
(141) Garret: "Do I look like a flea to
you? I can't jump that high."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Then perhaps
Calehan can do it.
** (139) Helisandra keeps heading straight to the
amethyst spire. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " May as well
wait here for her,since there is nothing to fear now."
** (142) Daelan La'neral tosses Garret a fresh apple.
** (141) Garret catches the fruit and bites in, as he
stares up at the gem thoughtfully **
(141) Garret: "Worst comes to worst we
bilt a ladder."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Why not form a
human chain at the top of the tree,I was within 15' of the gem when I was up
(141) Garret: "Alright, When Heli gets
back, we'll see if she wants the pole position"
(142) Daelan La'neral: " I figure
you,then Calehan,then Helisandra and finally me,I am the smallest and the
(141) Garret: "I wouldn't say that to
Heli if I were you."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Why not,it is
(140) Calehan: "Do we need to actually
touch the gem ourselves, or could we touch it with something?"
(142) Daelan La'neral: " The god did
not say,just that we needed to fly somehow,so I am guessing we have to touch
(142) Daelan La'neral: " And Garret
being a fighter,he is the strongest,then you Calehan being a human male means
you are taller than the female human Helisandra,and then Helisandra since she
is the thieving type she would have good balance,and me at the top since I am
the smallest and the lightest one here."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " It is merely
an idea,one that I am not fond of mind you,the last time I touched one of those
crystals,I was almost killed."
** (142) Daelan La'neral sits back down,looking up at
the floating gem. **
(140) Calehan: "If I can get to the top of
a tree near it, I could try to nudge it down with a simple spell." :Looks
at the nearest trees: "Though I'm really not a climbing sort of
** (142) Daelan La'neral points to the largest tree
nearby," At the top I was 15' from the gem." **
(141) Garret: "just go slow and mind
your hand holds."
(140) Calehan: "I just need to get within
(142) Daelan La'neral: " My arrow did
not even budge the gem."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " I believe you
have to touch the gem with your hand Calehan."
(140) Calehan: "That's what I'm afraid
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Garret
mentioned some potions you found,any idea if any of them can help you
(140) Calehan: "I haven't had time to
examine them that closely. One of them might do though."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " No time like
(140) Calehan: "Right."
** (141) Garret takes a seat against a tree to relax
a moment **
** (140) Calehan takes one more look around and sets
to rummaging for the potions to try to identify them. **
(140) Calehan: "25 -- Identify a potion.
Requires 1 minute. No retry." There, no forgetting [1d20+13] -> [15,13]
** (139) Helisandra runs into the room, and heads for
where she left the others at, near the emerald gem. When she finds them, she is
almost out of breath, but she holds forth several potion vials, a scroll case,
and a gleaming dagger with a silver hilt in Calehan's direction. "The
butler said something here would help us get to the emerald gem." **
(140) Calehan: "Wow."
** (139) Helisandra bends over, putting her hands on
her knees as she tries to catch her breath once Calehan takes the items. After
a few moments, her breathing starts to return to normal. **
(143) DM: (unlike the others, these are
labelled: health, vitality, healing, healing. the scroll case contains one
** (140) Calehan holds up the golden liquid filled
vial gotten from Kendel and says. "This one should do the trick." **
(140) Calehan: "I wonder if he was
supposed to retrieve it....? Nevermind now though. This should be a potion of
flight; just what the head called for."
** (142) Daelan La'neral looks at Helisandra. **
(139) Helisandra: "Then have at it. Go get
us that last gem."
(140) Calehan: "Right." :stands up:
** (142) Daelan La'neral reaches into his
tunic,drawing out the yellow crystal,holding it out to Helisandra. **
** (140) Calehan takes one last look at the oily
yellow potion. "Better taste more like honey than..." and drinks it.
** (139) Helisandra declines the crystal. "Hold
onto it for now. You will have a chance to use it for good soon enough."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " As you
** (142) Daelan La'neral puts the crystal back inside
his tunic. **
** (142) Daelan La'neral watches Calehan to see what
** (139) Helisandra goes and sits under a tree,
enjoying the darkness of the shade it provides. **
** (140) Calehan takes a look to the sky, and begins
to float upwards at a fast walking pace. **
(140) Calehan: "Here I go; shouldn't be
any more surprises."
** (140) Calehan flies up out of the trees and floats
over to grab the crystal. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " With him
flying up there,how does he get back down?"
** (139) Helisandra watches Calehan go after the
emerald gem, glad that they are almost finished. **
** (142) Daelan La'neral pulls out some leaves,roots
and flowers,and begins to crush them together,putting them into an empty vial
when he is done. **
** (140) Calehan flies back down, and hovers a few
feet from the ground, facing the ground "above" him a moment before
righting himself. **
(140) Calehan: :while holding out the gem:
(139) Helisandra: "Great, let's go see to
Alarius then, shall we?"
(141) Garret: :stands up: "The the
court yard then?"
** (139) Helisandra stands and begins walking slowly
to the door, making sure the others are coming as well. **
(139) Helisandra: "Yep, that would be the
** (142) Daelan La'neral frowns as the mixture does
not seem quite right to him. **
** (141) Garret follows along **
** (140) Calehan floats after, ducking through the
door, making the most of the magic while it lasts. **
** (142) Daelan La'neral stands up,placing the
remaining herbs in his belt pouches,then turns and follows the others. **
** (139) Helisandra leads the group back past the
bottomless swimming pool, and into the small hallway before it. She then leads
them straight forward, through the next door and into the courtyard. **
** (142) Daelan La'neral looks around the
courtyard,moving towards the place that is colored yellow,taking out the yellow
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Does anyone
know if there is an order to which they are to be placed?"
(141) Garret: "Maybe we should ask the
** (139) Helisandra approaches the pedastal in the
courtyard and looks it over. **
(143) DM: (stopping at 2 am)
(140) Calehan: "Red, Orange, Yellow,
Green, Blue, and Violet if I had to guess."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Guess?"
(139) Helisandra: "Or, they might be based
on the location of the spires. After all, this is the center of the keep."
(140) Calehan: "Well? Tensil might know I
** (139) Helisandra looks over the pedastal for any
markings that might tell them the answer. **
(143) DM: There are six holes in the pedestal,
and no markings.
(139) Helisandra: "Yeah, go ask. I don't
see any clues here."
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Once you are
done here,where are you off to next?"
(141) Garret: "No idea"
** (139) Helisandra pulls out the blue gem and tries
to judge where it might fit, just by looking, not actually setting the gem in
any position. **
(140) Calehan: "Probably something urgent
having to do with a prophecy this guy has been deciphering. Since Irinia's
master wanted it."
(143) DM: All the holes seem to be the same
(142) Daelan La'neral: " If you are
heading towards Tolmara I would like to travel with you."
(139) Helisandra: "I wonder if it even
matters how they are placed on here..."
(141) Garret: "try it in any order. We
have nothing to worry over it doesn't work"
** (139) Helisandra mutters to anyone listening, as
she concentrates on the pedastal, blocking out the other conversation. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " It may make
this place fall Garret.''
(141) Garret: "I severly doubt
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Or
** (139) Helisandra looks up. "Huh? Fall? Oh.
Wasn't someone going to go ask Tensil?" **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Calehan went
to get him."
** (141) Garret gives a nod and heads off to go find
the apprentice. **
(141) Garret: ... and Cale...
(140) Calehan: "I suppose I should go
** (140) Calehan goes with Garret in case something
comes up. **
** (143) Tensil, of Prism Keep is reading a book in
his room when you enter. **
(139) Helisandra: (( actually - he hadn't gone
yet Daelan - which is why she said that. :) ) ))
(141) Garret: "Tensil. We need some
(143) Tensil, of Prism Keep: What do you need?
(140) Calehan: "Good news: We melted
Irinia and got the 6 gems. Just want to make sure we don't set off a trab
setting them up to bring back the white spire."
(143) Tensil, of Prism Keep: You can set them
in any order.
(143) Tensil, of Prism Keep: (continues
(141) Garret: :to Cale: "See?"
** (141) Garret heads back to the yard with the good
(140) Calehan: "Oh. That's kinda
disappointing you know? Oh well, let's go."
(139) Helisandra: (( what - does no one here
care that we are about to return Alarius to them, or that Irinia, whom they
feared, is dead?!? ))
(143) DM: (maybe, maybe not)
** (139) Helisandra pulls out the amethyst and is
seeing if the size of it looks different than any of the holes. Then, she looks
at the blue one again, while waiting for Garret and Calehan. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " You know
Helisandra,for a Human,you are not entirely unpleasant to look upon."
(141) Garret: :re-entering the yard:
"No order. just shove em in and get this mess over with."
(140) Calehan: "Far be it for me to
interrupt, but it doesn't matter. Put them in whatever order, wherever. Nothing
special, no chants."
** (139) Helisandra smiles sweetly.
"Tha..." Just then the others walk in and she stops. "That's
great" she says to their news and she sets the blue one n the pedastal;.
(142) Daelan La'neral: " Perhaps it is
my distrust of Humans,but does this not seem rather to easy?"
(143) DM: The pedestal begins glowing blue.
(140) Calehan: "Perhaps it's my distrust
of magic, wait, what am I saying? This is too easy. Oh well, they weren't easy
** (139) Helisandra smiles and directs someone else
to add theirs. **
** (142) Daelan La'neral stands,walks over and places
the yellow crystal in the next hole. **
(142) Daelan La'neral: " This still
does not feel right."
** (140) Calehan shrugs and puts the green crystal
into a pedestal. **
(143) DM: A green glow diffuses the pedestal.
** (142) Daelan La'neral moving away from the
(143) DM: The crystals fuse with the pedestal
when you insert them, by the way.
(143) DM: (and since Tian isn't here, we're
(139) Helisandra: (( wait - we got two more we
can add... ))
(139) Helisandra: (( :) Helisandra is ready to
leave this place... ))
(141) Garret: (think we're just assuming the
gems are all put in
(143) DM: ((lol, so you add them, but since a
player isn't here, his PC isn't and you need that to continue))
(139) Helisandra: (( ok - that's fine. it will
save us... oh... aboiut 15 seconds next week... :) ))
(143) DM: :)
(142) Daelan La'neral: ( we will need him
for the fight.