Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
8 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
7 Guests
Registered Users: ShawnRop


Back to Damrosil Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(11) DM: so anyone need a recap?
(13) Helisandra: (( we were standing in the red room before the red jewel I believe... ))
(14) Garret: (I don't think I do)
Tian Keth: ((We have two gems, and are now back in room 15 thinking of how to get the red one suspended with the weapon chandalier(sp)))
(11) DM: (brb)
(14) Garret: (what did the care taker say about the red gem's removal though?)
(11) DM: (caretaker?)
Tian Keth: ((The aprentice we found who locked himself away))
Tian Keth: ((AFK Smoke break before we start))
(14) Garret: (sorry.. apprentice)
(11) DM: (you haven't asked him I think)(
(14) Garret: (yeah, asked him last week. Just can't remember his answer)
(15) Calehan: (He was about to say something, but we stopped)
(14) Garret: (oh)
(11) Tensil, of Prism Keep: As for the ruby spire, I am unsure how to retrieve it.
(14) Garret: "Then how about we save this one for later? I get the wickedest vision of those swords coming to life on us."
(13) Helisandra: "I don't know. We are here, so I'd rather just get it over with."
(14) Garret: :sigh...: "Alright.... "
Tian Keth: "Well I could try and shoot it down with an arrow, though that may damage it. but I am cirtanly not climbing up to grab it out of the middle of all those swords"
** (14) Garret looks around for a line to lower the chandelier first **
** (13) Helisandra studies the red jewel some more, trying to spot any weakness in the design or easy way to get it down. **
(15) Calehan: "Something about their nature makes me think it would be very difficult for you to damage any of these gems. Yet, let's not test that theory needlessly."
whispering to Garret, you find none
(14) Garret: "Heli... you got a grappling hook?"
(14) Garret: (how high is the chandelier?)
whispering to Garret, it's 40' above the floor
(11) DM: (40')
** (13) Helisandra shakes her head. "I was never much of a climber..." **
(13) Helisandra: (( *shakes head no that is... ))
(14) Garret: "Anyone have any rope?"
Tian Keth: "I have some rope but no graple hook"
(14) Garret: "The rope will do."
** (14) Garret looks around for any other way to climb up **
** Tian Keth diggs the rope out of his pack and hands it to Garret **
(14) Garret: (or... anything to improvise a grapple from... candleabra... hooked axe.. etc?)
(11) DM: (weapons?)
(11) DM: (axe is fine)
(15) Calehan: "We have an axe, yes."
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, Jack keeps getting disconnected upon logging on this server
** (14) Garret grabs an axe with a decent beard from the surrounding weapons, and lashes the rope to it. Then aims up into the chandelier and sends it flying, hooping o hook it on. **
(14) Garret: axe throw: [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14)
(11) DM: It latches on to the lantern.
** (13) Helisandra backs away from the lantern, not wanting to be hit by, well - whatever comes down. **
** (14) Garret gives a couple of tugs to make sure it's secure before climbing up **
(14) Garret: Climb Skill Check: [1d20+9-4] -> [13,9,-4] = (18) (includes Armor Penalty of -4)
** Tian Keth stands back by the door justincase the thing comes to life **
** (15) Calehan waits around to see if this works **
(11) DM: It seems to be secure.
(14) Garret: Once up the rope, he tries to get up onto the lantern to get his hands free
(11) Voice: WHICH OF THE TWELVE DO YOU SEEK?
(11) DM: It's a dry male voice.
(11) DM: (as Garrett climbs)
(14) Garret: "Huh?"
(13) Helisandra: (( coming from the lantern, or outside? ))
(11) DM: (from the shard)
(14) Garret: :looks down to Tensil, "Twelve what? What's it talking about?"
(13) Helisandra: ::looks at Tensil:: "I thought there were only six spires."
(11) Tensil, of Prism Keep: I recall that my master once said that the ruby shard had the power to locate the Twelve if those who sought it were near.
(14) Garret: "The twelve what?"
(11) Tensil, of Prism Keep: The Twelve Swords, that is. I have never seen it speak till now. (eyes widen)
(15) Calehan: :looks up at the ring of swords holding up the crystal:"The swords?"
(14) Garret: "We're not interested in those, we just need the shard for now."
** Tensil, of Prism Keep nods. **
whispering to Garret, you reach the top and discover that the lantern is easily opened.
Tian Keth: "Well we are interested in one of them, well the fragmented memories I seem to have gained are interested in one anywayse"
(13) Helisandra: "The Twelve Swords? That sounds a little familiar, but I can't remember what I heard."
** (14) Garret continues up the rope, ignoring the question for now, and keeping alert **
(15) Calehan: "If it's really THE swords... it would mean fame, power, fortune, notoriety. They're the stuff of legends..."
** (15) Calehan trails off into quiet thought. **
(14) Garret: "Fine Tian... ask away..." :carefully opens the lantern, eyeing the gem scrutinizngly.
Tian Keth: "I dont have enough of the memories to know which one, maybe woundhealer, thats a name I seem to recall"
** (14) Garret hangs by one hand as he lets his over coat slip off, then tries to set it up in side lantern, , setting a pocket over the gem to snag it when the coat is pulled down on. (basically giving myself some room in case the swords do go all blood thirsty) **
Tian Keth: "But like you said Garret that memory is extreamly fragmented, so maybe now is not the time for that"
(11) Voice: SEEK THE MEMORY ON THE PLAIN OF KINGS WHERE NEAR THE LINEAGE IS SUNG
(11) Voice: SEEK THE SWORD IN A CASTLE OF MISTS WHERE A LORD WITH NO EYES HOLDS COURT
(14) Garret: "Plains... kings.. lineage.. gotcha."
(11) DM: The shard goes silent.
** (15) Calehan looks up when the voice continues. **
(15) Calehan: "I suppose it knows better than we do. Later though, you're right."
** (14) Garret gets the gem hooked in the pocket of his long coat and lowers himself a good five feet down the rope, holding the edge of his coat, ready to pull. "You guys might want to wait outside if I screw this up" **
(13) Helisandra: "yes, first we must free Alarius's Keep from this Lady Irinia. Then, we can look into this sword."
** (13) Helisandra smiles warnly at Garret, "You know better than that. I'm going to where, just don't screw it up." **
(13) Helisandra: (( *no where ))
** Tian Keth stays by the door **
(14) Garret: : would shrug if he could: "That's your decision."
** (15) Calehan draws daggers and waits for whatever defense this one has. **
** (13) Helisandra draws out her sister rapiers as well, just in case. **
** (14) Garret lets his grip loose to slide quickly down the rope back to the floor, yanking the gem in the pocket of his coat, hoping it will come free without "problems" **
(11) DM: Nothing happens....
(14) Garret: (nothing as in nothing bad.. or, the gem doesn't even budge?)
Tian Keth: "Well that was easyer then I thought it would be. Maybe that statue just didnt like Daelan"
** (13) Helisandra watches with anticipation, but then sighs with relief as Garret pulls the gem free easily. **
(13) Helisandra: "It was a wise statue then" she says in a dry voice.
(11) DM: (gem is taken)
** (14) Garret descends to teh floor, replacing his coat and fishing the gem from his pocket **
(13) Helisandra: "Well, let's move on then, shall we?"
(14) Garret: "Guess we were just paranoid. Yeah lets go."
(15) Calehan: "I suppose so."
(13) Helisandra: "After that statue, who wouldn't be though?" she asks as she turns and steps out of the room into the hallway.
(15) Calehan: "So left or right? I'd rather avoid the center room if we can. Which reminds me, Tensil, is a dragon a recent guest of this castle?"
(14) Garret: (the term is drake ^_^ )
(11) DM: (Jack just dropped out)
(11) DM: (yay)
** (13) Helisandra heads off to the left, towards the one set of doors on this hallway they haven't tried yet. (to #27) **
(14) Garret: (eh? that was sudden)
Tian Keth: ((lol I was just explaining to him how he needed to keep his Python and wxPython updated so he could run the openrpg 1.6.2))
** (14) Garret follows after Heli **
** Tian Keth follows the other, still pondering the strange memories **
(15) Calehan: "Left then." :Follows:
** (13) Helisandra gets to the doors to #27 and listens at them for a bit. **
** Tian Keth heads to the room where they got the second Gem(room 28) since he never did look around that room when they grabed the Gem **
(11) DM: (ok, sec)
** (14) Garret strikes a good manly pose while he waits **
(29) No Name (enter): 22:13
** (13) Helisandra takes her time listening at the door, making absolutely sure that there is no one waiting for them on the other side. :) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [11,12] = (23)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [11,14] = (25)
(29) Jack (exit): 22:14
** (13) Helisandra touches the crystal to the sunburst rune on the door. **
(11) DM: The door opens noiselessly...
** (14) Garret stands ready for whatever's behind the door.. and looking oh so manly **
(11) DM: Dozens of beautiful portraits, paintings, busts, tapestries and banners adorn this magnificent hallway. The walls and floor are of white alabaster, and the ceiling is a clear, crystal dome that lfoods the area with light. One picture strikes you as particularly unusual...a party of adventurers are leading an assault against a gigantic colossus made from corpses. The colossus is in the process of destroying a fortified city.

A pair of double doors stands closed at the end of the corridor.

** (13) Helisandra heads down the hallway, looking over the pictures, but not studying them. **
** (14) Garret strolls into the hall, looking about at the various art works, particularly caught on the one piece. BUt he shakes it off as deja vu or some such as he moves along keeping his senses alert for any surprises **
** (13) Helisandra moves to the next set of doors, listening for a while there as well. **
** (15) Calehan examines each art piece as he passes looking for a poorly hidden clue. **
** Tian Keth looks around at the paitings when he gets back to the others **
Tian Keth: "There is a writing deask in the other room that has some locked drawers if you want to take a peek Heli"
(13) Helisandra: "Maybe later. I'd rather figure out what is going on a little more."
Tian Keth: "Ok, just thought I would mention it since I didnt feel like breaking the desk apart just to read some worthless letters"
(11) DM: Nothing seems out of place. It seems to be a gallery of paintings.
(13) Helisandra: "That's right - letters. She might have some things there that would explain what has happened. Well, let's check it out quick before continuing then."
Tian Keth: "Ok, Garret you ok continuing to check out the new rooms with Cale while Heli and I go see whats in the desk?"
** (13) Helisandra looks to Garret for his decision. **
(14) Garret: "Sure. But one of you comes with me to get the others if something goes wrong"
(11) DM: ((I'd like to halt at 2 tonight so we can talk about this new status.))
(14) Garret: (new status? sure)
(30) Duvik (enter): 22:30
Tian Keth: "Ok" **Heads back to the bedroom with Heli to look at the desk**
** (13) Helisandra hands the crystal over to Calehan before following Tian. **
** (15) Calehan accepts the crystal once again. **
(14) Garret: "Just you and me Cale..." :heads over to the door to 24:
(15) Calehan: "Yeah, just us."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
** (15) Calehan goes to open the door, leaving the paintings behind. **
whispering to Garret, stealing all my 20s lol
whispering to Garret, you don't seem to spot any traps on the door
(30) Duvik (exit): 22:34
** (14) Garret moves his hand to his hilt as he waits for the door to open, gesuring for Cale to ready as well **
** (13) Helisandra begins to look the desk over before opening it (searching for traps)/ **
** (15) Calehan draws his main dagger and uses the crystal to open the door **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26)
(11) DM: Magnificent windows gaze out over the landscape far below. This chamber is a great dining room, with a long table of smoky gray crystal in the center of the room and elegant cabinets containing china along the walls. Nearly 50 chairs of polished wood are drawn up to the table. Another wall holds an impressive rack of wine bottles. The floor is rosy, translucent marble and the walls are rich, golden topaz. At one end of the table, an elderly man is busy polishing pieces of silver dinnerware. He looks up, startled by your appearance.
(14) Garret: "Good day, sir. Please forgive the intrusion"
(11) Jeren: Ah...who are you? (drops a fork)
** (14) Garret lets his hand rest from the hilt and seems to lighten a bit **
(14) Garret: "Relax. We mean you no harm."
** (15) Calehan lowers his dagger, "Relax, we're here under authority of the regency to help deal with the invaders and rescue Alarius." **
(11) Jeren: I....I....
** Jeren sighs with relief **
** Jeren puts his fingers to his lips and motions you to close the door **
Tian Keth: ((AFK smoke break, I am just gona staick with Heli to make sure she doent get jumped without protection))
** (14) Garret strolls into the roomm not bothering to close the door, and still a bit apprehensive underneath **
** (15) Calehan closes the door, keeping the crystal handy, and sheathes his dagger before approaching. **
(14) Garret: (somehow that sounds dirty when you say it)
Tian Keth: ((lol))
(14) Garret: "You can call me Garret, this Calehan, and we have a couple others with us. May we ask who you are, sir?"
** Jeren motions you to follow him through a door on the far side of the room. **
** (14) Garret glances to his comrade a moment before following along **
(15) Calehan: :quietly:"Our friends are nearby; this castle is still dangerous why not talk here?"
** Jeren opens the door and leaves it open slightly **
** Jeren mouths something to you. **
(14) Garret: :tries to read his lips:
** Jeren points to the walls. **
(14) Garret: :gives a glance around before nodding and folloing through, still expecting a surprise though
** (15) Calehan nods before following through the door. **
Tian Keth: ((Back))
(11) Jeren: This appears to be a storeroom.
(11) DM: (oops)
(11) Jeren: My name is Jeren, and I am butler to Lord Alarius.
(11) Jeren: And you are...?
(15) Calehan: "I'm Calehan, as this Garret said."
(14) Garret: "Passing up formailitites for a moment, Jeren, is you Lord still alive?"
(11) Jeren: I...don't know.
** Jeren looks at his feet. "I don't know." **
(14) Garret: "Alright. Do you know how many followers Irinia has here?"
(39) No Name (enter): 23:00
(11) Jeren: She has quite a few....about ten or twelve.
(11) Jeren: I'm not really sure.
(11) Jeren: I try not to notice such things. Much safer for me that way.
(15) Calehan: "Do you know where she stays?"
(14) Garret: "Alright, so not many more."
(15) Calehan: "There are definitely things involving wizards it's best to not know, I'll grant you."
(11) Jeren: I believe Lady Irinia (spits out the word) confines herself to the amethyst spire.
(14) Garret: "where is that?"
** (15) Calehan tries to think of where the purple spire was located **
** Jeren gives you directions to the spire. **
(11) Jeren: The east side of the castle, I believe.
(14) Garret: :nods: "And how much of this building is monitored?"
(11) Jeren: Most of it.
(11) Jeren: If the alarum has not been raised, it soon will be.
(14) Garret: "Okay, and do you know anything of the gems in the spires?"
Tian Keth: Reflex save: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
(11) Jeren: Oh, quite.
(11) Jeren: Several of them in fact.
(11) Jeren: I have been with my lord since this castle was constructed and know much of it intimately.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [9d6] -> [6,5,6,3,3,3,6,1,3] = (36)
(14) Garret: "Good, you may prove very helpful. For now lets go get our comrades before we move on too far."
(11) Jeren: I am not leaving this chamber.
(11) Jeren: Or the dining room.
(14) Garret: "Fine. We'll go without you." :heads back to the dining room:
(15) Calehan: "You've survived til now."
** (14) Garret stops at the door to 27.. waiting for cale to open it **
(11) Jeren: Yes and I'd like to continue.
** (15) Calehan follows Garret from the room and reopens the door to join up with their comrades **
(11) DM: As you pass by the painting, you see that the colossus has been slain, but at great cost.
(14) Garret: :head back toward 28 to rejoin the others: "So... we've hopefully taken down almost half of the woman's forces. Think we can trust his judgement? He said he wa..." :eyes the painting a moment, but passes it off as a novelty item in a wizard's abode.: "That he was tryhing to avoid the facts."
(15) Calehan: "I wonder when that happened that a magical painting was made of the event here, but I've never heard of it?"
** (13) Helisandra and Tian walk out of 28, heading to join the others. **
(11) DM: Helisandra and Tian step through the door and rejoin you.
(13) Helisandra: "Hey guys, you find anything?"
(14) Garret: "A butler"
(13) Helisandra: "A butler? Did you... kill him?"
(15) Calehan: "Why would he kill a butler?"
Tian Keth: "Oh hello, expected you would still be in the other room, The desk was traped, and gave me a little zap, not a big deal realy but should put something on the burn so it does not fester."
(14) Garret: :raises a brow:
(13) Helisandra: "Is he not under the same spell as the others?"
(15) Calehan: "We found out that Irinia is usually in the amethyst tower, actuallly."
(14) Garret: "No... just Alarius' butler"
** Elunthal Silvermane heals Tian. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8+2] -> [5,4,2] = (11)
(13) Helisandra: "Hmm, so she only enspelled the fighters, interesting. Well, what else did you learn from him then?"
Tian Keth: "Thank you Elunthal"
(14) Garret: "He thought she had perhaps a dozen followers here. Can't be sure though. He's rather spooked
(13) Helisandra: "That's all, for a place this large? Alarius must have not had much protection."
(15) Calehan: "Well there's the soldiers, the enchantress, and the demon."
(14) Garret: "Dout he needed much. He lives in a floating castle. How many burglars can get up here?"
** (14) Garret begins back toward 24 **
Tian Keth: "I would guess closer to two dozen"
** Tian Keth follows Garret still scratching his burn every so offten **
** (13) Helisandra follows Garret, still amazed by how few of the guards they have run into. **
** Jeren continues polishing a silver tureen, looking up as you enter the room. **
** Jeren gets up and re-enters the storeroom, motioning you to follow him. **
** (13) Helisandra looks at Garret and Calehan, making sure they trust this 'butler'. **
(14) Garret: :me gives heli a noncommital shrug. then follows along:
** Tian Keth glances to Garret "The butler?" **
** (15) Calehan points to walls and then his ear, then follows the butler. **
** Tian Keth follows Garret **
** (13) Helisandra follows the others in. **
** Jeren closes the door. "Your friends?" **
(14) Garret: "Yes."
** Tian Keth sniffs the air **
** (13) Helisandra smiles at the man with a calming smile. "I am Helisandra." **
(39) No Name (exit): 23:40
** Jeren nods. **
(14) Garret: "Jeren, do you know where the guards spend most of their time?"
(11) Jeren: Usually in one of the spires as directed by Irinia.
** Tian Keth stays silent and keeps his face turned slightly away from Jeren **
(14) Garret: :nods: "The other three gems, fromthe eastern side, what do you know about their removal? Any stipulations?"
(14) Garret: "Guardians? Curses?"
(11) Jeren: She was once his favored apprentice. (shakes his head)
(11) Jeren: The emerald spire cannot be removed save by mortal hands.
(11) Jeren: The turquoise shard cannot be removed similarly and lies within a bottomless pool.
(11) Jeren: The amethyst shard can only be gained by the defeat of Irinia.
(11) Jeren: I believe my lord is within the Crystal Spire, on the celestial realm.
(11) Jeren: To summon the Crystal Spire, place each shard in the pedestal in the courtyard.
(11) Jeren: When all six shards are placed, will the Spire return from the void to our world.
(13) Helisandra: "That's the missing white spire from the painting..."
Tian Keth: "Ok sounds easy enough, except maybe the bottomless pit part"
(14) Garret: "Right then. Emerald first, then turquoise, and we'll save the bitch for last. Agreed?"
(13) Helisandra: "Sounds good. So, where exactly is the emerald one, wouldn't want to start in the wrong place."
(15) Calehan: "Agreed, any idea where he found a bottomless pool up here?"
** (13) Helisandra points to the walls. "It's magic, why not Calehan?" **
(14) Garret: "well... he is a wizard who lives in a floating crystal tower."
(11) Jeren: The emerald spire is in the southeastern portion of the castle.
Tian Keth: ((Room 20? or 9?))
(13) Helisandra: (( SE would be 9, I believe... ))
(14) Garret: "Right then. Lets get moving"
(13) Helisandra: "So, we go back to where we started then? With those big statues?"
** Tian Keth draws his sword and follows Garret, keeping his ears and nose alert for danger **
(14) Garret: "Jeren? Fastest route to the emerald spire...?"
** Jeren seems to not be listening to you, but rather as if he's listening to something else. **
** Jeren stands up suddenly and clutches his heart. "I...." **
** (15) Calehan hands off the crystal to draw two daggers, ready for a fight.
**
** Jeren collapses, unconscious.
**

(14) Garret: "Jeren?" :moves to check on him:
** (13) Helisandra grabs the crystal from Calehan and puts it away, then starts looking around the area. **
(11) DM: He's barely breathing and is unconscious.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [6,14] = (20)
** Tian Keth stays alert "Elun, check him out please" **
** Elunthal Silvermane bends over the butler, murmiring. **
(11) DM: This seems to be a storeroom. Two doors lead out of the chamber. (to 20 and a balcony)
(13) Helisandra: (( isn't there also a door to 24? the one we came in? ))
** Tian Keth goes to the balcony door and listens check to see if it is a normal door or one that requires the crystal key **
(11) DM: ((yes but I'm not going to include that. I never do.))
(11) DM: (normal door)
(13) Helisandra: (( ok - just wanted to make sure it didn't disappear or something.. ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
** Tian Keth tries to open the door to the balcony to maybe let some fhresh air in to help Jeren **
** (13) Helisandra peeks out onto the balcony. **
** (13) Helisandra steps to the group and whispers, "That door is most likely the amethyst spire, since the spire is to the right out the balcony."
She points to the only unused door in the room (leading to 20). **

(11) Irinia: I think it's time the hunted became the hunter. Kill them.
(11) DM: A cold, merciless disembodied female voice speaks softly in the storeroom.
** Tian Keth spins from the door his sword Frenzy Fang in hand ready to fight **
** (13) Helisandra draws her sister rapiers out, looking for the attacker. **
** (14) Garret readies for some assault, looking about for the effect of her threat **
(11) DM: All seems to be normal in the room...
** (13) Helisandra moves quietly over to the door to 20 and listens at it, trying to figure out if the voice was in the room, or just filtered into the storeroom. **
** Tian Keth growls "This hunter is never the hunted" **
** (14) Garret eyes Jeren for a response **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15)
(11) DM: (still unconscious)
** (15) Calehan remains on his guard **
** (13) Helisandra puts a finger to her mouth to Tian, trying to keep him quiet. **
** (13) Helisandra frowns a little while listening at the door. She sets her ear against it more, trying to make sure of what she heard. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [20,12] = (32)
(11) DM: Suddenly, a clawed arm thrusts THROUGH the door and seizes Helisandra by the throat. (threat)
(13) Helisandra: (( well - crap! ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [12,12] = (24)
(11) DM: (crit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
(11) DM: (22 damage)
(11) DM: (Init)
(15) Calehan: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(14) Garret: [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
** Tian Keth 's eyes seem to take on a much more feral look, and he begins to take on many more manerisms of a wolf, crouching low, sniffing the air repitedly and always trying to look everyware at once ((You have seen this before when Tain turly begins to hunt something, it is next to imposible to stop reason with him, untill he has found his prey. The only member of the party who has had sucess is Garret, though his sucess is limited)) **
Tian Keth: INIT: [1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29)
(11) DM: And then it pulls her through the door. (Strength to break free)
(14) Garret: (eeeww)
** (13) Helisandra gasps for air as she is seized by the throat, but all she gets is wheezing. **
(11) DM: The claw is coated with acidic slime.
(13) Helisandra: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
(13) Helisandra: (( might as well try to break free... ))
(13) Helisandra: Strength: [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
(11) DM: The arm withdraws THROUGH the door, taking Helisandra along with it.
(14) Garret: (Is the door she just got ripped through a gem locked door or a normal door?)
(11) DM: (Tian, 29)
(11) DM: (normal)
(11) DM: (however, it burst through the door. the door was closed...)
(11) DM: (and when it withdrew, Heli was pulled through the door though the door was closed.)
(14) Garret: (oh.. sounded more like he phased through. So he bursted through it then?)
(11) DM: (something like that)
(11) DM: (you know, like a ghost walks through walls)
(13) Helisandra: "I.. I am... no... one..." Helisandra makes a show of finding it hard to breathe, hoping that if Irinia wants answers, she will have her released.
** Tian Keth rushes to the door and tries to open the door ((If it is closed and unbroken)) **
(11) DM: (well the arm pulled Heli THROUGH a wall)
(13) Helisandra: (( oops - supposed to be whispered there... ))
(14) Garret: (ouch. through a wall you say?)
(11) DM: For some reason, you're (Tian) unable to open the door leading out of the chamber.
** Tian Keth attacks the door since it refuses to open **
Tian Keth: Frenzy Fang Attack Roll: [1d20+18] -> [17,18] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [3,1,2] = (6)
Tian Keth: ((Threat is that matters))
(11) DM: Your sword thrusts THROUGH the door but seems to be uninjured....and the door is not destroyed.
** Tian Keth growls "Fake door" **
(15) Calehan: "Strange door. Tricky."
Tian Keth: ((Done))
(11) DM: (Cale, 7)
** (15) Calehan casts invisibilty on himself and closes his eyes as he tries to just go through the apparent door. **
(15) Calehan: "Since it hasn't stopped Tian's sword either, this better not hurt."
(11) DM: (Heli, 6)
** (13) Helisandra merges into the shadows and slowly makes her way around, moving from where she had been. **
(11) DM: (4, Gar)
** (14) Garret steels himself and rushes in shoulder first at the door/wall where the arm dragged Helisandra through, hoping for the best **
(11) DM: Both Calehan and Garret walk THROUGH the door....
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8+4+2] -> [1,8,4,2] = (15)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9+4] -> [11,9,4] = (24)
** (14) Garret rears up suddenly with his blade in a sudden draw and slash at the barbarian(combat exp= -3 att, ac 25... first attack roll only) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4+2] -> [7,4,2] = (13)
(14) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [20,16] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [5,2,2,1,4] = (14)
(14) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [11,11] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [5,2,6,1,4] = (18)
(14) Garret: (ac 33)
(11) DM: (hit)
(13) Helisandra: (( crit threat, isn't it? ))
(14) Garret: (threat roll)
(14) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [1,16] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [5,2,2,1,4] = (14)
(14) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [4,2,2,1,4] = (13)
(14) Garret: (14)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] -> [4] = (4)
(15) Calehan: (that confirms one thing, dice hate you)
Tian Keth: ((Two ends of the spectrum there chief =P ))
(14) Garret: (best and the worst baby!)
(11) DM: (going to run this battle and then call it a night. falling asleep, lol)
(11) DM: (seriously wounded)
(11) DM: (29, Tian)
** Tian Keth walks though the door in a very low crouch slowly sniffing and swivling his head back and forth looking for something to kill **
(14) Garret: (then we better try to be action-packed to keep you invigorated. Someone play the Mission Impossible Theme!)
Tian Keth: ((Do I see the barbarian when I walk though the door?))
** Tian Keth seeing Garret attacking something quickly moves in to help **
Tian Keth: Frenzy Fang Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [15,16] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [3,1,2] = (6)
Tian Keth: Frenzy Fang Crit Check: [1d20+16] -> [6,16] = (22) ===> Critical Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [5,1,2] = (8)
(11) DM: (yes)
(11) DM: Doznes of shades of purple meet and mix in this chamber, from bright violet to shadowy midnight blue. The entire spire seems to be filled with a weird lambent glow. Exotic and rare tapestries adorn the walls, and a great map of a far-off land dominates one wall. In the center of the spire, a throne of clear glass sits beneath a hovering gem of exquisite royal purple. The purple shard is encased in a shimmering field of force.

Two warriors -- a dwarf in black chain mail and a glowing war hammer, and a muscle-bound barbarian with a pair of bastard swords, engage Helisandra in combat.

(13) Helisandra: (( ok - but am I actually seen by everyone? ))
(11) DM: ((no))
(11) DM: ((should be amended to they engage the party in combat))
Tian Keth: ((6dmg if 22 mises or is immune to crits 14 otherwise))
(11) DM: (k)
(11) DM: (sorry, guys, but I really am fading)
(13) Helisandra: (( coffee! coke! something, stat! for the DM... ))
(14) Garret: (understood)
(11) DM: (I hate to do this to players, lol)
(15) Calehan: (How about a jolt?)
(11) DM: I don't do caffeine. :)
(14) Garret: (did you try humming the Mission Impossible theme?)
(13) Helisandra: (( yeah, well - we understand.... ))
(15) Calehan: (I don't mean the soda, is it my turn now? =P)
(11) DM: heh. the issue of 4 players is doable for this game if you'd rather I not look for additional people
Tian Keth: ((NP))
(14) Garret: I have no problem with a 4 player game
(13) Helisandra: as long as we got the healer NPC, I guess we can do it. We know how much you HATE recruiting...
(13) Helisandra: :)
(11) DM: (yes)
(11) DM: (ok, I can at least try to finish the combat before I drop)
(14) Garret: keeps things personal... family like. When you have like eight players, just to have "reserves" it's rediculous
(13) Helisandra: (( ok - lets make it quick then... ))
(11) DM: (seriously wounded)
(11) DM: (7, Cale)
** (15) Calehan moves to line up a clear shot and ends invisibility with a lightning bolt aimed through the two foes, once again the bolt of lightning slashes through the air. **
Tian Keth: ((I dont have a problem with it either, so you can be even more picky on recruting so we get a player that will fit that can replace, or will willing to take over Elun so you are not NPCing a healer))
(15) Calehan: Electricity: Lightning Bolt [9d6] -> [6,5,3,2,6,1,1,3,1] = (28) DC (18) for half
(15) Calehan: (er, half slashing again. Definitely all rolling a little below par)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
Tian Keth: ((Oh what happened to Daelen, not to say I am sorry he is gone if he is but just wanted to know if he said why he quit or if he just missed this session))
(11) DM: (lol, well my turn to be shafted by the dice tonight)
(11) DM: ((dunno))
(11) DM: (prolly missed)
(13) Helisandra: (( hey - I had plently of a turn being shafted by the dice, thanks you very much. :) ))
(11) DM: The barbarian drops to the ground, dead.
(11) DM: (7, the dwarf)
(13) Helisandra: (( and no one is attacking the dwarf yet, right? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9+3+1] -> [6,9,3,1] = (19)
(13) Helisandra: (( never mind - this may work.... ))
(14) Garret: (give me a second)
(11) DM: (on Cale, AC 19)
(15) Calehan: (Ac is 19 if it's been more than 9 minutes since the golem fight)
(15) Calehan: (18*)
(11) DM: (yes, more than 9 min)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+3+2] -> [5,3,2] = (10)
(11) DM: (10 damage)
(11) DM: (6, Heli)
** (13) Helisandra takes a five foot step, no longer caring about the shadows to be behind the dwarf (if possible - trying to flank him with Calehan) **
** (13) Helisandra unleashes a full attack of her sister rapiers on the dwarfs back. **
(13) Helisandra: Two Rapier Full Attack:
Red rapier attack: [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
Gold rapier attack: [1d20+10] -> [8,10] = (18) (crit 18-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
Red rapier second attack: [1d20+5] -> [17,5] = (22) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4)

(13) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
(13) Helisandra: (( for all three hits... ))
** (13) Helisandra does an additional [4d6] -> [3,4,4,3] = (14) sneak attack damage. **
** (13) Helisandra does an additional [4d6] -> [4,6,3,2] = (15) sneak attack damage. **
** (13) Helisandra does an additional [4d6] -> [6,2,5,5] = (18) sneak attack damage. **
** Tian Keth sees the barbarian become crispy and spins to attack the dwarf/gw g=Decent rolls for sneak dmg atleast **
Tian Keth: ((Oops =P))
(11) DM: The dwarf never really had a chance, and falls over, dead.
** (13) Helisandra glares at the dwarf as he falls. "There, that's one less." **
(11) DM: The room is dark all of a sudden.
** Tian Keth howls sniffing the air trying to find 'The Bitch' as Garret named her **
(11) DM: (load minis)
(11) DM: (keep in mind the room is dark)
(15) Calehan: "Now where is she?"
(14) Garret: "Everyone still here?"
(13) Helisandra: "Irinia's gone, this is someone, or something, else?"
** (14) Garret reaches into the sheath at his thigh for his everburning torch **
** Tian Keth growls and continues to move around the room sniffing trying to track Irinia **
Tian Keth: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [13,13] = (26)
"http://" is not a valid URL, the mini " " will not be added to the map
(14) Garret: (the torch shed light, or is this unnatural darkness?)
(13) Helisandra: (( unnatural... naturally. ))
(11) DM: Something moves amongst you, and the odor of acid fills the air.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24).[1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29),[1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
** (14) Garret closes his eyes and listens for enemies, but first, "Everyone sound off so we know eachother's position, and don't move." **
(15) Calehan: "So she was here?"
** (13) Helisandra curses quietly, trying to track the being by listening to it's path. **
** Tian Keth smelling the acid stops trying to trackdown Irinia and starts trying to locate the acid by sent **
(11) DM: You hear a feral snarl of rage, as something tears into someone...
(14) Garret: (29 and 25 ....0,o)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+5] -> [5,5] = (10),[1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(14) Garret: "Argh... sonova..."
** Tian Keth coes compleatly silent, stalking his prey **
Tian Keth: ((goes))
(14) Garret: (new init or continuing from the fight?)
(11) DM: (29, Tian)
(14) Garret: (ooo... I miss my turn... shoot, now I'm last all over again)
** Tian Keth takes time to note the direction of the sent and slowly walks twoward it **
(11) DM: (any action?)
** Tian Keth growls "Found you!" and attacks **
Tian Keth: Frenzy Fang Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [20,16] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [1,1,2] = (4)
Tian Keth: Frenzy Fang Attack Roll: [1d20+12] -> [16,12] = (28) ===> Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [6,1,2] = (9)
Tian Keth: Frenzy Fang Crit Check: [1d20+16] -> [14,16] = (30) ===> Critical Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [5,1,2] = (8)
Tian Keth: Frenzy Fang Crit Check: [1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17) ===> Critical Damage: [1d6+1+2] -> [4,1,2] = (7)
(15) Calehan: "Feel free to keep talking, I think it can find us regardless, and I'd like to avoid hitting you."
(11) DM: You're unsure of its health status.
(13) Helisandra: "Good point."
(11) DM: (20, the creature)
(11) DM: It tears into someone again....
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [9,7] = (16),[1d20+12] -> [11,12] = (23),[1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
(11) DM: At the same time...
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [12,12] = (24)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [2] = (2)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] -> [2,2] = (4)
(11) DM: (7, Cale)
** Tian Keth howls in rage as he is trown across the room **
** (15) Calehan moves towards the sound of the fight then attacks in a direction other than the still speaking I hope Heli and Garr with a carefully cast Vampiric Touch. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [14,14] = (28)
(11) DM: DC on save?
(15) Calehan: Concentration: [1d20+14] -> [5,14] = (19)
(15) Calehan: (For defensive casting)
(15) Calehan: Attack: +1 Dagger [1d20+5+3+1+1] -> [8,5,3,1,1] = (18)
(15) Calehan: (Touch attack)
(11) DM: (hit)
(15) Calehan: (And if it hits anything)
(15) Calehan: Damage: Vampiric Touch [4d6] -> [2,1,4,2] = (9)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
(11) DM: It snarls, "You're next, mortal."
(13) Helisandra: (( my turn then? ))
(11) DM: (waiting for Cale)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d8] -> [6] = (6)
Tian Keth: ((He did 9 dmg from vampiric touch))
(11) DM: (6, Heli)
(11) DM: (no, I mean something else.)
** (13) Helisandra smiles since the beast just talked and she hums a light tune as she lays into it with her sister rapiers. **
(13) Helisandra: Two Rapier Full Attack:
Red rapier attack: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
Gold rapier attack: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17) (crit 18-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
Red rapier second attack: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24) (crit 15-20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [2,3] = (5)

(13) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
(13) Helisandra: Crit Check: [1d20+5] -> [5,5] = (10)
(11) DM: One crit.
(11) DM: (4, Garr)
** (14) Garret turns out the end of his sheath from his belt to tap the creature, confirming it's position, then follows through with a sudden upward slash and a fluid return back down the body (combat expertise: -4 att ac 26) **
(14) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+16] -> [1,16] = (17) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [7,2,6,1,4] = (20)
(14) Garret: +1 Frost Katana Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15) ===> Damage: [1d10+2+1d6+1+4] -> [3,2,3,1,4] = (13)
(14) Garret: (well that sucked .. ac 13 ans 11)
(11) DM: (missed twice)
(11) DM: (29, Tian)
** Tian Keth shakes his head after hitting the wall and asks "Elun can you banish this darkness?" then begind to circle around along the wall to come at the creature from a diverant angle ((Move then locate direction to finish my turn)) **
(11) Elunthal Silvermane: Unfortunately, I did not pray for that spell...
Tian Keth: "Oh well guess we make due in the dark"
(11) DM: It snarls again, and suddenly, the odor lessens.
(11) DM: The darkness fades away.
** (13) Helisandra looks around for the beast. **
(11) DM: It doesn't seem to be here in the room.
(11) DM: The interior of the amethyst spire is a ruin.
** (14) Garret peers about warily. "What? Did it get bored?" **
(11) DM: (and on this note, we'll stop)
** Tian Keth growls at having been robed of his kill, immidiatly begins trying to locate where the beast went **
Tian Keth: ((Ok))
(11) DM: (before I collapse lol)
(14) Garret: (we made it to 2 o'clock after all)
(11) DM: hah


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms