Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
11 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
11 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
(8899) DM: (recap from last session)

(8899) DM: (recap from last session)
(8899) TaliesinNYC: last session: (6486) Morti: :whispers in shock: "Wow.. it worked!"
** (6487) Sevis Goloens looks at Morti with an amazed look **
** (6483) Thom looks amazed but then turns to look at the gates to see if they opened or not. **
** (6519) Dranath sighs, slumping over. He shakes his head, and ushers morti on, whispering, "hurry now, before it changes it's mind." **
** (6485) Atross takes a few heartslowing breaths. **
** (6486) Morti conitues on slow and steady toward the gate **
** (6487) Sevis quickly moves as silently as posible to the Gate **
** (6485) Atross whispers, mostly to himself, "My, what big teeth you have..." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9) -> [20,3] -> (20, 3) = (23)
(6462) TaliesinNYC: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13) -> [11,3] -> (11, 3) = (14)
** (6485) Atross follows the others towards the gate, watching his feet now more than before. **
(6519) Dranath: (( ominous die rolling ))
** (6483) Thom notices that the gates are indeed opena nd he passes though them, looking into the next room. **
** (6493) Rainur Swiftblade quickly follows **
** (6486) Morti whispers a very low, "Sweet dreams." to the dragon, then follows through the door. **
** (6485) Atross continues through the door, relieved. **
** (6519) Dranath grins, barely hearing morti as he and the boy-shaped mage are nearby. **
** (6483) Thom ushers the last couple of people through the gates. **
(6462) DM: A gargantuan red-haired humanoid in brass chainmail armed with a greatsword carved to look like leaping flames bars the way to a second pair of amber gates at the far end of this circular 100' chamber.
(6486) Morti: (is he asleep too?)
(6462) DM: (oh no. lol.)
** (6483) Thom touches a finger to the open gates they just passed through. **
(6487) Sevis: "This is a test of will I see. To make sure you realy want to go where these gates lead"
(6462) DM: It has coal black skin and flaming red hair. It glares at you, revealing rotting teeth.
** (6486) Morti dumbly tries again to the warrior, waving his hands "You're haaaaviiiing a Drreeeeaaammm. oooo.." **
(6486) Morti: Bluff Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20) -> [5,3] -> (5, 3) = (8)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12) -> [14,3] -> (14, 3) = (17)
(6462) DM: It glares at Morti.
** (6519) Dranath is startled, jumping back slightly at the visage of the warrior. **
(6486) Morti: *gulp
(6487) Sevis: "Guess he isnt dreaming"
** (6483) Thom is intrigued by the gates, but brakes himself away quickly at the sight of the warrior before them. **
(6483) Thom: (( breaks... not brakes.... ))
(6487) Sevis Goloens: "So sir may we pass?"
** (6486) Morti tries to be personable instead. "Hey I have some black skin too." Lowering the illusion of his hat, he pulls up his sleeve to reveal some black blotches of skin, almost like living sleeves from his golden hands."Wish I had the hair though. And our teeth almost match." Shows his crooked, but not rotted choppers **
(6462) DM: It grunts, hefting its greatsword...
(6486) Morti: (hehe.. gotta)
(6486) Morti: Cha check: [1d20+3] -> [9,3] = (12) -> [9,3] -> (9, 3) = (12)
(6486) Morti: Diplomacy Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17) -> [16,3] -> (16, 3) = (19)
(6486) Morti: (hahahaha)
(6519) Dranath: "We have no quarrel with you!" He says, trying to help Morti's case.
(6519) Dranath: Diplomacy [1d20+8+2] -> [4,8,2] = (14) -> [12,8,2] -> (12, 8, 2) = (22)
(6485) Atross: ((You two have that backwards))
(6493) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13) -> [10,7] -> (10, 7) = (17)
(6486) Morti: (sorry, had to ^_^ )
(6462) DM: It scowls at Dranath and Morti
(6487) Sevis: "Guess thats a no to may we pass"
(6486) Morti: *gulp ...again
** (6487) Sevis Goloens heads toward the red headed fellow, but off to the right a bit **
** (6486) Morti puts the had back on, going from the visage of freakshow to farmboy in half a sec **
(6485) Atross: "So do you have a name?"

(8884) Morti: (still can't believe that worked on the drake)\
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade starts to mumble: "Oh war father show us your strength!" **
(8899) DM: The giant doesn't seem to have heard you (Atross). It grunt menacingly, hefting its greatsword which seems to glint ominously in the light.
(8884) Morti: (did we roll init yet or can I still ready something freely?
(8899) DM: (you can try)
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade waves his hands a few times **
** (8884) Morti quietly a discreetly takes out a bit of rind from his pouch as he looks up to the giant. (ready to cast grease on his sword if he attacks) **
(8900) Ancien (exit): 21:34
** (8885) Thom studies this new opponent, disapointed that they wouldn't be able to snaek past this one. **
** (8884) Morti tries asking politely, "May we pass through that door behind you, sir.. please?" **
(8876) Atross: ((Whereabouts in the room is he? In front of the other door?"
(8884) Morti: :to others: "Guess someone's gonna have to go over there and see if he lets us pass then"
(8884) Morti: (stan? you there?)
(8876) Atross: "That sounds like a job for you, Rainur, to be honest. If he doesn't let us pass I'm sure you'd need to head over there and teach him some manners anyway. Might as well get the walking out of the way, I say."
(8899) Garn: Me smell a steeenkin Amberone.
(8899) Garn: (yes in front of the gates)
(8884) Morti: "Amber-wha?"
(8899) Garn: Me fight you if you come past here! (waves sword menacingly)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is your answer, let us ready arms!"
(8899) Drenla: It means "a d'Amberville".
** (8876) Atross puts some space between the dragon's door and his back, as he lifts his bow. **
(8899) DM: (init)
(8884) Morti: "Anyway we can avoid a dumb fight and get through?
(8884) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [19,2] = (21)
(8899) DM: (you're 100' away from the giant.)
(8876) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
(8885) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(8885) Thom: (( oops - wrong one, hold on. ))
(8885) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20] -> [8] = (8)
(8885) Thom: (( there we go.. ))
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: (12)
(8899) DM: (Rainur cast a spell before init btw)
(8884) Morti: (delay, though maintain my ready grease)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [5,-1] = (4)
(8899) DM: (21, Mort)
(8884) Morti: (actually..)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: ::before the action commences, the sound of stampeding horses starts to fill the room as smoke starts to appear out of thin air. The smoke starts to splin like a vortex in front of the giant and coaleses into a giant long sword made entirely of bright light and attacks the giant.
(8919) Kha (enter): 21:46
** (8884) Morti moves 30' forward and keeps his grease spell ready for when the giant gets closer **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (8919) Sevis...
(8919) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [7,12] = (19)
(8899) DM: (Alfred, you must roll to hit with your spiritual weapon unless I'm reading the spell wrong)
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade 's sword swings at the giant **
(8884) Morti: 0.o
(8899) DM: (my point is it's not an auto hit)
(8884) Morti: (I believe the 19 was his attack roll)
(8899) DM: (19 misses)
(8899) DM: (he rolled damage first)
(8884) Morti: (*shrug*)
(8899) DM: (28, Kha) (not a new round, except he rolled init for this round)
** (8919) Sevis finaly decides to help his friends and moves to attack. **
(8919) Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(8919) Sevis Goloens: UnArmed Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [11,8] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(8899) DM: (1 hit. minor wounds)
(8899) DM: (16, Atr)
(8876) Atross: (To clarify, did I get to move before we rolled init?)
(8899) DM: (you may not have, but there were opportunities)
(8876) Atross: (I mean the moving away from the door as you typed (init) actually.)
(8876) Atross: (regardless, I know what i'm doing)
** (8876) Atross holds his action for Rainur to move in. **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: great...
(8899) DM: (15, Thm)
(8876) Atross: ((I know what it's like to be the center of attention.))
** (8885) Thom moves toward the giant, but takes the outer edge of the circular room, seeing if he draws the giant's attention at all. He draws out the Sword of Sylarie as he moves at a slightly quickened pace, stopping about 2/3 or the way around. **
(8885) Thom: (( done ))
(8899) DM: (12, Rainur)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is your last chance to let us pass giant!"
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade commands the sword to attack **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: Longsword (base): [1d20+11] -> [7,11] = (18) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: Longsword (second): [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
(8899) Garn: The giant farts in your general direction and looks at Rainur dumbly, grunting.
(8899) DM: (oops)
(8885) Thom: (( LOL ))
(8899) DM: (22 hits)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: ((ROFL))
(8899) DM: (lightly wounded)
(8899) DM: (4, Garn)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is a warning...let us pass!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [7,20] = (27),[1d20+15] -> [18,15] = (33),[1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
(8937) Hederick (enter): 22:02
** (8885) Thom grins a little "I don't think he's listening Rainur..." **
(8940) Ancien (enter): 22:04
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8+15] -> [7,1,15] = (23),[2d8+15] -> [7,2,15] = (24)
(8899) DM: The giant grunts softly when Rainur strikes, steps back and swiftly brings the greatsword down on Rainur's head (AC 27), then slams into the hapless barbarian again (AC 33), but misses a third time. (47 damage)
(8876) Atross: ((Rainur is over here still, isn't he? Warning him spiritually. Or is that a *really* long sword?))
Player Ancien with ID:8940 now being ignored
(8899) DM: (28, Sev)
(8943) Ancien (enter): 22:06
(8884) Morti: ./me casts, grease on the greatsord (dc 14)
(8899) DM: (read the spell Alfred)
** (8919) Sevis Goloens leaps off the group and kicks out with his right foot, using the backward momentum from the kick to rotate into a backflip kicking out with his left foot and punching with his right hand as he lands back in the exact same spot **
(8884) Morti: (hope that takes effect before he ges his hits)
(8943) Ancien (exit): 22:07
(8919) Sevis Goloens: ((*ground))
(8940) Ancien (exit): 22:07
(8919) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+11-2] -> [18,11,-2] = (27) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(8919) Sevis Goloens: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+11-2] -> [14,11,-2] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(8919) Sevis: Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+8-2] -> [16,8,-2] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [9,14] = (23)
(8899) DM: (2 hits)
(8899) DM: (3 hits sorry)
(8919) Sevis Goloens: ((29 dmg and Done))
(8899) DM: (21, Mort)
(8950) Tay Mreal (enter): 22:11
(8876) Atross: "Conversation is definitely over then. Fire at will. I will." (so much for Rainur's expected charge, full of surprises today)
** (8884) Morti grumbles as he spell fails and tries a more aggressive approach. Pulling a treated dart from his pouch, he lines up a shot. spews a few words throwas forth and arrow of acid (acid aerrow touch attack: [1d20+ **
(8884) Morti: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
(8950) Tay Mreal (exit): 22:13
(8884) Morti: if hit...[2d4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(8899) DM: (erase the hits from Rainur, sorry. screwed up)
(8899) DM: (it moved towards Rainur instead, provoking an AOO from Sevis)
(8955) Mathos (enter): 22:15
(8919) Sevis Goloens: AOO Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(8899) DM:
(missed)
(8955) Mathos (exit): 22:16
(8899) DM:
(lightly wounded) (yes, Mort)
(8899) DM:
(16, Atr)
(8876) Atross:
((How far did he get?))
** (8876) Atross takes a last look around to his allies before focusing on the enemy across the room and sending arrows flying to strike the firey accessorized giant. **
(8876) Atross:
((once again, not that it matters much to my choice of tactic.))
(8876) Atross:
Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+15] -> [12,15] = (27)
(8876) Atross:
Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+15] -> [16,15] = (31)
(8876) Atross:
Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
(8957) KillerHampster (enter): 22:18
(8899) DM:
(2 hits)
(8876) Atross:
Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(8876) Atross:
Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(8899) DM:
(seriously wounded)
(8899) DM:
(15, Thm)
** (8885) Thom makes a beeline for the giant and takes a single swing at him. **
(8885) Thom:
Sword of Sylaire attack: [1d20+14] -> [18,14] = (32) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(8899) DM:
(seriously wounded)
(8899) DM:
(12, Rain)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Last warning"
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
Longsword (base): [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
Longsword (second): [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11) ===> Damage: [1d8+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade 's energy sword disappears **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
(8)
(8899) DM:
(23 hits) (seriously wounded)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
your right so make it 5
(8899) DM:
(4, Garn)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+20] -> [1,20] = (21).[1d20+15] -> [15,15] = (30)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8+15] -> [8,5,15] = (28).[2d8+15] -> [5,3,15] = (23)
(8899) DM:
He spies Sevis out of the corner of his eye, and with a speed that belies his size, attacks the monk. (AC 21, 30 and 30) (51 damage, Fort save)
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
Fortitude save: [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29)
whispering to Sevis, made
(8899) DM:
(28, Sevis)
** (8919) Sevis coughs up some blood from the impact of the giant **
** (8919) Sevis Goloens attacks the Giant, attempting to Disarm him **
(8919) Sevis:
Disarm Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31)
(8899) DM:
The greatsword drops to the ground, clanging loudly.
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
Normal Attack [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14) ===> [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
** (8899) Garn nods, even as the monk attacks him. "Me say you pass test of Amberone. You pass now." (grunts and farts) **
(8899) DM:
(miss)
** (8885) Thom steps back from the smell of the fart and covers his mouth with his arm. **
(8884) Morti:
"Really? Thanks!" Morti exclaims happily.. while his acid stil burns [2d4] -> [1,3] = (4)
** (8919) Sevis Goloens clutches his chest after he is done. "That sword of yours hurts" **
** (8899) Garn nods slowly, and then pushes the gates open, waving you through. **
** (8876) Atross lowers his bow quizzically. **
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade nods **
(8876) Atross:
"I'll have to learn how to do that someday..."
** (8884) Morti offers a bow to the giant and offers the monk a hand wlaking if he needs it **
** (8919) Sevis stants strait and focuses inward **
(8884) Morti:
... and more acid burning. [2d4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
::to sevis:: "Come my son, can I help ease your pain?"
** (8885) Thom keeps his blade out for a moment as he leaves the giant, not sure if he believes what just happened. **
** (8919) Sevis Goloens follows the others after a moment **
** (8876) Atross keeps his distance from the giant as he follows the others. **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"One was a test of greed, this of valor...I wonder what is next?"
** (8885) Thom moves to the doorway and looks into the next room to see what awaits there. **
(8884) Morti:
"Hope it's not a beauty contest. Dranath's ugly again"
** (8884) Morti heads through the door witht eh others **
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade follows thom **
(8899) Garn:
The amber gates lead to another hall of mirrors, this time a 10' wide corridor interspersed with globes of amber colored light floating every few feet. At the end of the corridor are a third pair of amber gates.
** (8885) Thom heads to the next set of gates, looking all around, not sure of what is coming next. (Search for traps) **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"This is majooka..."
** (8884) Morti approaches behind Thom, watching the mirrors and globes apprehensively **
(8884) Morti:
"Impressive Majooka at thant."
** (8919) Sevis follows the others still amazed that the giant let them pass after he was disarmed **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, -1d20+11]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [9,11] = (20)
** (8876) Atross follows behind Thom, letting the man take all the time he needs. **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Sevis, that was some trick."
** (8885) Thom continues to make his way to the next doors, moving slowly, but steadily. **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
BRB
(8899) DM:
On your way down the corridor, you see various scenes from happenings throughout Andurin.
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"After I felt the blow of that sword I knew I could not survive another attack so I had to disarm him"
** (8885) Thom pauses at the scenes to see what is happening. **
** (8919) Sevis Goloens watches the mirrors and the events **
(8899) DM:
One disturbing sight is an attempted regicide of Ayyers of Wylund, by a black-garbed female warrior who throws a black-hilted sword at the monarch, who is only saved by some miraculous magicka.
** (8884) Morti looks over the mirror for any intersting half-elf **
(8899) DM:
Another is the unmasking of Almeena, as you watch from the sidelines.
(8899) DM:
These seem to be scenes from your immediate pasts.
** (8884) Morti passes the mirror with a shiver at the revealing and a groan at the sight of his own terror in it. Giving the mirrors only a passing interest he continues along **
(8899) DM:
There is Drenla falling under the spell of Shai'tan.
** (8919) Sevis Goloens watches with intrest trying to figure out this new world **
(8899) DM:
There is Rhian's ceremony spell which ressurected the mage. There is the vision of Trayn's sacrifice.
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade is saddened by the vision of Trayn **
(8899) DM:
Presently you reach the amber gates at the end of the hallway...
(8899) DM:
Marie-Helene is here, standing before you.
** (8885) Thom moves his head near the door, not touching it and listens for a moment. **
(8885) Thom:
(( or - not yet... ))
(8899) Marie-Helene d'Amberville:
I told you we would meet again, mon cherie.
(8885) Thom:
"yes, you did Madame."
(8876) Atross:
"You would know, I suppose."
** (8919) Sevis Goloens stops and listens **
(8899) Marie-Helene d'Amberville:
Therefore, know that even here, the Balance comes into play, mon petit. For when you open that door, you will return Etienne to the waking world. But then, you must set one of us free from the prison plane. One of us shall oppose you. Who will you release, as the Balance demands?
** (8885) Thom looks back at the group to see what their input is, knowing who he wants. **
(8885) Thom:
"So, what do you all think?"
(8884) Morti:
"Claude seems the least crazy."
** (8899) Marie-Helene d'Amberville looks at the group, lip curling in disdain at Rainur. "One of us shall oppose you at every turn. You have all met my familie. Choose and may it be so." **
(8884) Morti:
"Though the monkey guy might be more annoying than dangerous."
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"They are all dangerous and annoying"
** (8919) Sevis Goloens turns to the others **
(8884) Morti:
"Andre seemed to be a wuss."
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"I might be part of their family, though I am not in the prison plane, wonder if you could pick me?"
(8885) Thom:
"True Morti, but I still want Charles..."
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Why would we want you as our enemy?"
(8884) Morti:
""Is Piere an option?"
(8957) KillerHampster (exit): 22:57
** (8885) Thom gets a serious and angered look on his face as he mentions that name. **
(8876) Atross:
"Does the balance demand a foe for an ally, or does it just demand two?"
(8876) Atross:
"I think I already know the answer."
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"Well I dont know why I would become an enemy. but you said the ones in the prison realm already dont like you, so ofcourse they would oppose you."
(8899) Marie-Helene d'Amberville:
There is always Balance in all things, mon cher. These are the rules.
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"I dont understand how this all works, and I know even less about those in the prison realm since I just recently learned it existed"
(8876) Atross:
"As clear as ever, madam. I hope the balance doesn't mind too much when we triumph."
(8884) Morti:
"I know... lets free Jean-louis's construct."
(8885) Thom:
"Somehow, I doubt that would count as a member of the family...."
(8884) Morti:
"Yes.. I want to trade th magen fr Ettienne"
(8876) Atross:
"I wouldn't be amiss to another shot at Charles."
(8884) Morti: :nods
to thom: "Yeah... that would be too easy."
** (8919) Sevis shrugs "Eni Meni Mini Mo" **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Charles is my vote as well.
(8884) Morti:
"Why would we want charles free though?"
(8876) Atross:
"To bury him."
** (8885) Thom nods in agreement with Atross. **
(8884) Morti:
"That's not a very responsible answer. I mean if he gets free, who knows what trouble he'll cause. I vote for sissy andre"
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"He taunted us the most while there, it us only suitable that we can return the favor"
(8876) Atross:
"You're probably right. I don't know what this freedom entails."
(8919) Sevis:
"For taunting you, you grant him freedom?"
(8884) Morti: :leans
into Sevis: "he gets like this sometimes
(8885) Thom:
"Hold on a moment..." Zane turns back to Marie-Helen. "You said that we must set free one of your own. Is this the same freedom that releasing Ettinne brings?"
(8876) Atross:
"Taunted? More like haunted. He wasn't too keen on freedom anyhow."
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Well let us make a decision and be on with it...Andre all in favor?"
** (8919) Sevis Goloens agrees with the majority reguardless of the vote **
(8884) Morti:
"Aye."
(8876) Atross:
"Don't suppose we can choose the librarian."
(8884) Morti:
"I voted for claude earlier, if it's an option, I still will."
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Charles - all in favor?"
(8885) Thom:
"Aye."
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Claude- all in favor?"
(8884) Morti:
"Hey, Marie... does this mean that the family member's soul is freed or just there body, and what ever soul should happen to inhabit it?"
(8876) Atross:
"Aye, though I doubt that's who Marie has in mind."
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
That is two to one for Claude with one obstention....I will go with the majority of the group...Claude"
(8885) Thom:
"The problem is we never faced Claude. Remember - one will stand against us. I'd rather face an opponent we have at least a little knowledge about.
(8885) Thom:
"However, if everyone wants Claude, I will not argue. I just wanted to share my reasoning."
(8884) Morti:
"I was rather hoping he wouldn't face us"
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Then Claude it is Marie"
(8876) Atross:
"Same. But Marie isn't too open with answers."
(8885) Thom:
"Well, someone will, from what she said. But, I don't know - this whole adventure is far beyond any magic that I have even heard about"
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"That is our answer witch"
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Yes, I would like nothing better than to go back home"
** (8919) Sevis nods in agrement since he knows nothing about any of the people they are mentioning **
** (8885) Thom turns to Marie and bows to her slightly. "madame, we have decided that Claude shall be released to please the balance." **
(8885) Thom:
(( we'll see if I have the magic touch or not... ;) ))
(8884) Morti:
(walks around marie lookig for the string to pull to make her talk)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
((LOL))
** (8899) Marie-Helene d'Amberville appears thoughtful. **
(8899) Marie-Helene d'Amberville:
Very well....let it be done!
** (8885) Thom moves away from the door, just in caes Claude comes out firing. **
** (8899) Marie-Helene d'Amberville vanishes from sight as the amber gates open, revealing a 50' spherical chamber, in the center of which lies a simple wooden coffin. **
** (8884) Morti raises a curious brow "Does she get a say in this?" Continues into the next room **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Let us continue"
** (8885) Thom motions for Rainur to take the lead, since there are no doors left to be opened. **
** (8884) Morti stares at the oddly humble coffin in this exaggerated crypt. and takes a moment to focus his mind toward it (detect magic) **
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
.me follows the others
** (8919) Sevis Goloens follows the others **
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates before entering the room and is pleasantly surprised **
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade takes a step forward **
** (8884) Morti flinches from the reply and shakes it off to continue behind Rainur **
** (8885) Thom steps inside the room, but sticks to the wall near the gate, totally unsure of what is going to happen. **
(8899) DM:
The gates close and vanish.
(8885) Thom:
"Damn... I hate it when that happens..."
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Well, we must move ahead now"
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade steps slowly to the coffin" **
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"Better to move ahead then back anyways"
** (8919) Sevis Goloens moves to the Coffin and looks it over **
(8885) Thom:
"Unfortunately, backward was never a realistic option..."
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade looks at the coffin **
** (8885) Thom looks around the room and makes his way slowly around the wall. **
** (8884) Morti folows to the coffin **
(8919) Sevis:
"Backward rarly ever is, though some people spend their entire life trying. Anyways whats in the Coffin that you wanted?"
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"Or who I guess"
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade reads the coffin **
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"Should we open it?"
(8885) Thom:
"Well, unless we want to die of thirst in this room, we better."
** (8884) Morti shrugs, "Al I can think of.." **
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
(are there any inscroptions?)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
inscriptions
(8899) DM:
(yes)
(8899) DM:
"Destroy this coffin to break my curse."
** (8884) Morti scratches his head. "That seems simple enough. Hope it doesn't blow up." **
(8876) Atross:
"Ok then."
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade draws his sword **
(8884) Morti:
(commence the bashing)
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade bashes away **
** (8885) Thom backs away from the coffin as far as he can. **
** (8876) Atross stows his bow and takes the footman's mace in both hands. **
** (8876) Atross raising the mace over his head Atross says merely, "Here goes..." before bringing it crashing into the coffin lid. **
(8876) Atross:
Footman's Mace Damage: [1d6+3] -> [5,3] = (8)(Some kind of magic)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
[1d100] -> [67] = (67)
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
((hit that by mistake))
** (8876) Atross continues pounding until the coffin is open **
(8884) Morti:
...
** (8919) Sevis Goloens watches the Coffin being destroyed **
(8876) Atross:
Footman's Mace Damage: [1d6+4] -> [1,4] = (5)(Some kind of magic)
(8884) Morti:
(lag test! types omething the moment you see this!)
(8884) Morti:
d
(8876) Atross:
Ping
(8885) Thom:
(( why? ;) ))
(8884) Morti:
(theory..)
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
((No lag here))
(8885) Thom:
(( yeah, I have just over half a second lag - according to my ping results. ))
(8885) Thom:
(( or, would the lag be only half that? hmmm... something to ponder... ))
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
((LOL))
(8876) Atross:
Pong...
(8876) Atross:
(Well, a conversation would be that, just for them to see it would be half, I think)
(8884) Morti:
(Stan? you with us?)
** (8919) Sevis decides to help destroy the Coffin **
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+11-2] -> [13,11,-2] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+11-2] -> [20,11,-2] = (29) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
Flurry of Blows Attack Roll: [1d20+8-2] -> [16,8,-2] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(8885) Thom:
(( well - if he's let us get this far into OOC without saying anything, I'm guessing no.... ))
(8919) Sevis:
Crit Check Attack Roll: [1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26) ===> Damage: [1d8+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
((Just beat the shit outa the Coffin for 42 Dmg))
(8876) Atross:
(You can't crit a piece of wood... unless you're a monk I suppose)
(8899) DM:
As you destroy the coffin, you are surrounded by the familiar amber haze. An energetic young man steps forward froim within it.
(8899) Etienne d'Amberville:
Thank you for freeing me.
(8884) Morti:
"Ummm... you're welcome..?" :scratches his head as he eyes the surprisingly young man:
(8884) Morti:
"So... what happens now?"
(8876) Atross:
"Etienne? I thought you'd be older. Were older."
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"Hello"
** (8901) Rainur Swiftblade nods **
** (8899) Etienne d'Amberville smiles slightly. "Time has a way of bypassing me, even here." **
(8899) Etienne d'Amberville:
Now then...your reward.
** (8885) Thom keeps an eye on Etienne, but also watches for Claude - the other part of the balance. **
(8884) Morti:
"There's a reward?"
(8899) Etienne d'Amberville:
Why yes, a reward.
** (8884) Morti leans back as he listens to what the stranger has to offer **
(8899) Etienne d'Amberville:
Make your request, and it will be so. (OOC: Keep it reasonable btw.))
** (8919) Sevis Goloens steps back to think **
(8884) Morti:
"Right..." :looks to the others: "What'd we want from here?"
(8885) Thom:
"Besides a trip home?"
(8876) Atross:
"Something about thwarting someone's evil plans, wasn't it?"
(8884) Morti:
"Right.. can you stop the Tempest?" :adds: "And send us home.... " :one more: "And slap Marie-helene around?"
(8899) Etienne d'Amberville:
A trip home is possible, but you will not be able to appear where, merely "when".
(8884) Morti:
"eh?"
(8885) Thom:
"So, we can't pick where we find ourselves, but we can pick the date we arrive there?"
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"That is very good, sir. "
(8919) Sevis Goloens:
"I want to know if my father was a member of the D`Amberville family."
(8919) Sevis:
"If you are talking about a monitary reward I will have to think about it for a few minutes"
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Sir, while I do not often ask for personal gifts. My fight against evil gets stronger each moment. I need the tools that will help me to be triumphant in battle against the dark forces. I ask but three things if you are willing to consider granting them. First, I would like to have the sheath that corresponds with this short sword to realize its true potential, second, I would like a permanet magic affixed to one of my long swords to help against the fight against evil and finally, I would like one of those bracelets that makes it harder for an opponent to hit the wearer. I hope I am not being too bold, but these I feel are legitimate needs. "
(8901) Rainur Swiftblade:
with
(8884) Morti:
"Father..." :is quickly reminded of his only goals.: "Purchance could you find where any of my family is kept in the time of 17 Ches, year 3032 in the world of Andurin. I see you have a vast scrying capability here. Any clue you could give... would be appreciated."
(8884) Morti:
(i think we broke him)
(8876) Atross:
"Well, Rainur puts it into better words than I could, but I've learned well that it's the tools as much as the man which combats evil. Anything you can do for us to help in the fight of evil like the Tempest would be most appreciated."
(
** (8885) Thom notices the other's requests and begins to think as well. **
 (8885) Thom:
"If we are thinking down those lines, I could benefit from some more powerful light armor, maybe something like my studded leather, but well protected. There are other things that would be nice, but right now I mainly desire to return to our world."
(8884) Morti:
(and I want an orb of annihilation please)
(8899) TaliesinNYC:
o
(8899) TaliesinNYC:
ok
(8899) TaliesinNYC:
I propose we stop here
(


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms