Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
3 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(2032) DM:
does anyone need a recap?
(2049) Thom Lox:
we traveling down the road...
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
Neil, Rainur is know as a horse lord so the group makes fun of that
(2056) Morti:
just how long we've been travelling since last session
(2032) DM:
a few days
(2032) DM:
You can see Ximes on the horizon, in the distance.
(2056) Morti:
cool, so can i try to learn some new spells on the way?
(2032) DM:
Terrain has changed from plains to forest to lightly forested plains.
(2032) DM:
(k)
(2070) Tarl (enter): 21:46
(2032) DM:
(you estimate you'll reach Ximes in one day)
(2056) Morti:
to learn Identify...
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [7,15] = (22)
(2032) DM:
(it's shortly after midsun (noon) on the fourth day of your journey out of Vyones)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Well it is good to smell the fresh air...much different from that stuffy chateau"
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade takes a big breath **
(2056) Morti:
to learn summon monster 3...
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [8,15] = (23)
(2049) Thom Lox:
"I'd still prefer being back in Highkeep. This much open space gives me the creeps."
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade chuckles "hard to hide out here" **
(2049) Thom:
"Yeah."
** (2051) Dranath rides in the wagon still, noticably more comfortable in his original and current form. **
(2051) Dranath:
(( still can't cast past second level spells, right? ))
(2050) Atross:
"Hard but not impossible. Besides, so close to our destination it would be unwise to lower our guard."
(2032) DM:
((correct))
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Of course"
** (2056) Morti rests from his studies, playing a fiddle in the back of the cart while Moiraine rest by **
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [1,15] = (16)
** (2049) Thom rides alongside the cart on his horse, keeping careful eyes on the surrounding areas, never feeling completely comfortable. **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade smells the air **
** (2056) Morti tries to play some riding music **
(2056) Morti:
Perform Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
(2049) Thom:
(( Drenla is still with us I take it? ))
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade looks around and scans the forest **
(2051) Dranath has sent you a tree node...
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade sits up as if a sentinal in the wagon looking around and smelling the air for any unusual scents while looking at each of the members of the company **
(2056) Morti:
*vade vade vada vada vadad vadada vava va va vav* :shifts along enjoyably to the tune of his fiddle
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade sees the young boy enjoying himself and smiles and then returns to his watching **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I could use a good meal..."
** (2049) Thom pays little attention to Morti as he concentrates on watching the areas around the road. **
(2032) DM:
((yes))
(2056) Morti:
"Maybe we could stop for lunch somewhere. Think there are any teverns nearby?" :Asks as he plays:
(2049) Thom Lox:
"It might be good to eat before getting into town. The last town we were in here there was no time to do much of anything,"
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out some jerky and starts to munch on it **
(2032) DM:
You pass by a sign indicating that the Inn of Bonne Jouisannce is near here.
(2049) Thom:
"Speaking of which...."
(2051) Dranath:
"Shall we?"
(2092) Sinar (enter): 22:02
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
::with his mouth full :: "Ays"
** (2049) Thom nods in agreement, more than happy to get off the road for a while. **
(2056) Morti:
"Sounds good. Maybe they'll like my playing."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Yes that is a BIG maybe" ::rainur laughs::
(2051) Dranath:
"Who knows what these people will enjoy."
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade leads the party towards the inn **
(2049) Thom:
"Well, they always seem to enjoy a good ale."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Well, let's go"
** (2049) Thom foloows the wagon toward the inn. **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade 's stomach growls **
(2032) DM:
The Inn reminds you of a place that you hadn't seen in a long while -- Jeroth's Well, for instance. It seems to be a major stopover point judging by the amount of traffic to and from the Inn. Besides the Inn proper, there are a few merchants that make their home near it, and the whole is enclosed with some sort of wall or perimeter.
** (2049) Thom tells Rainur that he will meet him in the inn shortly, and he stops by the merchants to check out their wares. **
** (2056) Morti is still playing the same, continuous, and burgeoning on annoying, song as they ride in. Gladly he looks about the strangers and nods his illusion cloaked head to any who note him **
(2032) DM:
You make your way into the Inn proper after seeing to the cart's stabling. It's only slightly past midsun and judging by the looks of the number of horses, it'll probably be packed.
(2050) Atross:
"Looks like a good place to catch up on news while we've been traveling"
(2056) Morti:
"Hope we can get a table."
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade looks to see what the people's reaction are to him, trying to sense if there may be a potential 'image' problem **
** (2056) Morti strolls in with Moiraine nestled in his pocket ... and still playing that annoying song. **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade ties his long black hair back and straightens his armor **
** (2051) Dranath hops off of the wagon and moves along with the others, shield and spear lashed to his back and garments of black pulled about him. **
** (2049) Thom strolls about the 'market' after stabeling the horse. **
** (2050) Atross trails the others into the inn, taking casual notice of the other patrons as he enters. **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade engages the locks on his sheathed weapons **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade looks around for women as well **
(2032) DM:
(one at a time please)
(2032) DM:
(Rainur: the first thing that you sense is that even though this might be a different land, people are definitely NOT used to the sight of a barbarian...especially a barbarian that reeks of horse. :) )
(2032) DM:
(Conversation dies down and then picks up to a bare murmur as soon as the group enters the Inn.)
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [3,15] = (18)
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [5,15] = (20)
(2032) DM:
(in fact, attention seems to gloss over the individual members of the party, most being directed towards Rainur, who you will admit, is quite an arresting sight. Some individuals take note of Morti and Dranath, but these are few).
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [2,15] = (17)
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [15,15] = (30)
(2032) DM:
The Inn is packed with what seem to be travellers and merchants, very few farmers or other people who would belong to that particular social class. Lunch is being served. Waitresses hover over some tables, taking orders.
(2032) DM:
A barkeep stands off to one side, giving the room an eagle eye. Two mounted crossbows can be seen at bar level.
** (2056) Morti finally falters in his playing as the scent of food reches his hidden pug nose. "Mmm..." Lowering the instrument, he tries to seek out an empty seat **
(2032) DM:
There seem to be no empty tables. There IS a table that does offer seating, in the center of the room, but there are two merchants, one man and one woman, eating quietly.
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade walks up to the merchants **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Good day"
(2032) Adair:
Bonjour. (glancing up)
** (2051) Dranath slips over to the table occupied by the merchants, nodding politely. "There are no seats left, would you mind the company? I will buy a round in gratitude." **
** (2032) Adair wrinkles his nose slightly but says nothing. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Aye" ::nods::
(2032) Corinne:
But, of course! We would be glad to have you.
(2051) Dranath:
"You are very kind!" He says, taking a seat.
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade 's neck cracks as he nods **
(2051) Dranath:
"I am Dranath, pleased to meet you."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I am pleased to meet you ...uh...enchante madame..."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I am Rainur"
** (2056) Morti plops happily into a seat with the merchants. "Thank you very much." Rests his fiddle under his chair and his kitten on the table **
(2032) Corinne:
My name is Corinne, and this is my husband, Adair. We're from Perigon, and you?
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade is trying his best to be 'civil' **
(2056) Morti:
"We're from Andurin"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We are all from different places from far away. I am from the plains"
(2032) Corinne:
Andurin? Where is that? (nibbles on some cheese)
(2049) Thom:
(( of course, Thom would like to be there, now that this couple is from Perigon... Oh well. ))
(2056) Morti:
:vageuly: "Big place.. far away.. good potato pie there."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We travel together"
(2032) Adair:
I've never heard of such a place. Some town perhaps, in the land of the Britons?
(2098) Conclavia (enter): 22:29
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Even farther madame"
** (2051) Dranath nods, just agreeing to pass the subject, "Perigon, you say? So you have heard of Luc le Chaudronnier?" **
(2032) Adair:
I see. Well, we are heading to Ximes, and points south. Have you news of the north and is it safe to return there?
** (2056) Morti looks about, waiting eagerly for a waitress **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We have come from a great battle where we saw many people dead, but the mage and the moster were destroyed"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I guess it is safe now"
(2032) Adair:
(to Dranath) I believe he is in Ximes, at the moment. His Grace, the Bishop of Ximes has called him to stand as witness in a trial given by the Inquisition.
** (2051) Dranath nods, "Ah, I see." **
** (2032) Corinne nods. "It must have been tres terrible." **
(2056) Morti:
:nods: "It was pretty bad."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ays, but justice did prevail madame"
** (2032) Adair winces. "Whose justice? The justice of the Inquisition, or the justice of the meek?" **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I know not what you say, but it is suffice to say that the townspeople are now safe from their enemy"
(2051) Dranath:
"We are from far away, could you explain these two.. factions?"
** (2032) Corinne glances at her husband and replies to Rainur, "You must forgive my husband. We have been through some trying times." **
** (2050) Atross pauses a moment, unfamiliar with justice of the meek. **
** (2056) Morti looks curiously to Adair. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"It seems that many here in this land have felt the sting of evil in their lives"
(2050) Atross:
"It wasn't the inquisition that put an end to that trouble up north. Not sure what you mean by the meek though."
(2032) Adair:
It is a reference by the Church, that the meek will prevail in the end on the day of judgment, over the faithless. Would that the Inquisition be included! (a bit loudly)
(2032) DM:
Heads glance in your direction.
** (2051) Dranath raises a brow, "Yours is not a popular opinion?" **
(2056) Morti:
"I don't get it. I mean... Rainur here has faith... but he's not meek. Do the strong faithful lose out?"
(2032) Corinne:
Our son. He was taken in by the Inquisition, and accused us of being witches. We are humble alchemists, nothing more. (looks pained)
(2056) Morti:
What about the meek faithless?"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I see..."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Quiet Morti" ::gives him a menacing glance
** (2032) Adair sees the attention and looks contrite. "I should not have said that. I apologize." (mumbling) **
** (2056) Morti nods to Rainur and scratches his head **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We understand your pain monsieur"
(2032) DM:
A fat clergyman, robed in black undergarments and a white cloak and cassock, peers from his plate, taking note of your appearance, then returns to eating.
** (2056) Morti picks off a bit of peeled skin from his scalp throught the illusion and flicks it off to the floor. "I can understand why people might be afraid of magic, But alchemy's not that bad." **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Tell us more about this church. It is interesting that they would want to act against magic, why is that?"
(2032) Corinne:
Do you? We lost everything except the clothes on our backs and a few pennies. We are travelling to our ancestral home, in the hopes of starting again.
(2051) Dranath:
"I do not wish to offend you, but would you take a gift?"
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade discretely pulls out a stone **
(2032) Adair:
Because of witches such as the d'Ambervilles and their ilk! All know that they engage in practices with demons.
(2056) Morti:
:frowns: "That's terrible. Is your ancestral home far away?"
(2032) Adair:
Though the d'Ambervilles are a fallen house and no more, they represent all that is against the Church and the Inquisition.
(2032) Corinne:
Near Les Hiboux. Near the swamp. (shudders)
(2051) Dranath:
"I do not wish to offend you, but would you take a gift?"
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade puts a stone in Corinne's hand discretely "here, this will help" **
(2032) Corinne:
What sort of gift? (eyes the stone suspiciously)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
(it is an emerald)
(2051) Dranath:
(( he got it covered ))
(2092) Sinar (exit): 22:45
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"It will help with that new start"
(2032) Adair:
We could not. (looks hopeful)
(2032) Corinne:
You are too kind, monsieur. We are forever grateful. Is there anything we can do to repay you?
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"do good deeds to others...that is payment enough"
(2056) Morti:
"Probably not." :glances around for the waitress
(2056) Morti:
: leans in petting Moiraine: "So... where's your son being held?"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"So tell us bit about your son, his name and discribe him"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Also tell us about the dangers of Ximes that we should be aware of and what not to say while there"
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade looks at the barkeep and motions him to come forth **
(1843) Elegard (enter): 22:51
(1843) Elegard (exit): 22:51
(2032) Corinne:
He's dead.
(2098) Conclavia (exit): 22:56
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I m sorry for your loss Madame"
(2032) Corinne:
Azerdarc sentenced him to death.
(2056) Morti:
"Oh..." :hangs his head:
(2056) Morti:
"Who's Azerfarc?"
(2032) Adair:
His Grace (sourly), the Bishop of Ximes. And the Archbishop of this province.
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade 's face turns sour and angry **
** (2049) Thom finds very little as far as items of interest and he finally enters the inn. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I see"
(2032) Adair:
You wished to know of the dangers of Ximes? You have heard one of them.
** (2049) Thom looks around and notes the positions of his comrades and notes not only the couple they are with, but also any others in the tavern that seems to be watching the group. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
What was your son's name?"
** (2049) Thom Lox stays at the bar, getting an ale and some food to munch on. **
(2032) Adair:
Gavonne.
(2032) Adair:
He would have been three and twenty tomorrow. (bitterly)
** (2032) Corinne lays a hand on her husband's shoulder, squeezing it tightly. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
::under his breath:: May justice be served to those who have taken your son Gavonne from you." ::looks straight into Corinne's eyes::
(2056) Morti:
"What kind of man is this Azerdarc?"
(2032) Corinne:
We thank you for your kindness, stranger, but it is not necessary. (smiles sadly)
(2032) Adair:
*shrugs*
(2049) Thom:
(( are they speaking loud enough so that I would hear parts of their conversation? ))
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
::still under his breath:: "The truth of good and the light of honor are always neccesary Madame"
(2032) Adair:
He is the spiritual father of the city and this province. He is well loved by the people, who know better than to question the hand that rules them.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [12,14] = (26)
(2032) DM:
((yes, per my Listen check, lol))
(2056) Morti:
:thinks it over and turns to Drenla: "He sounds like the tempest."
(2049) Thom Lox:
(( A male Tempest!!! ))
(2032) Drenla:
You've noticed?
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade eyes the priest **
(2056) Morti:
:nods. Then gets a bit indignant: "What's that supposed to mean?"
(2032) Drenla:
This world and our world hold many parallels, Morti. There are others. (quietly)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
(is the fat priest still watching?)
(2032) DM:
(Spot roll pls)
(2056) Morti:
"Hmmm...?" :digests the prospects and wonders aloud, "Does that mean there's a parallel Morti here?"
(2049) Thom Lox:
Spot: [1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29)
(2051) Dranath:
spot [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
(2032) Drenla:
Perhaps. Although it is more likely that certain things hold true in both worlds.
(2056) Morti:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [16,-1] = (15)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
(15 spot)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+12] -> [9,12] = (21)
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade walks towards the priest **
(2050) Atross:
((Do I have to roll too? I think Thom has our backs covered honestly))
(2056) Morti:
"I wonder this world's Morti's still with his family." :thinks quietly as he pets Moiraine:
(2070) Tarl (exit): 23:09
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade stands making good use of his 325 lbs and approaches the priest **
** (2049) Thom notices Rainur's movement, but doesn't watch him so much as he does other parts of the room. **
** (2051) Dranath sighs slightly, wondering if the man is always like this. He slips from his seat and follows, excusing himself quietly through the wake of patrons Rainur leaves behind. **
** (2049) Thom stands up and walks out of the inn. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Father, you have been eyeing me from the momemet that I walked into this inn. Is there a problem sir?"
(2032) Michel:
Greetings, my son. (jowls quivering, sips wine)
(2032) Michel:
I could not help notice that you and your friends have been sitting at the table of avowed enemies of the Church, and fear for your soul.
** (2056) Morti stands to seek a waitress and order some grub and cider **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
What pray tell have you noticed about me, father?"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ah, I see"
** (2032) Michel pockets a piece of parchment on the table and sips some wine, eyeing Rainur coolly. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We are strangers here and those people offered us a seat. Are they dangerous father?"
(2032) Michel:
Perhaps. (narrows his eyes)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I am not from here. What dangers do these frail looking people present to the church Father?"
(2032) Michel:
I would suggest that you find a better table to sit at. You look like strangers, and so, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.
(2032) DM:
Conversation in the room dies down.
(2032) DM:
All heads turn towards you (Rainur and the group).
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [11] = (11)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Please father, tell me endulge me and tell be a little about your church."
(2056) Morti:
:ignorantly speaks with a barmaid: "Do you have any potato pie? I've just got this craving suddenly." :noticing the silence, he looks about: "Eh?"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
(ack...typing hell)
(2032) Michel:
(disdainfully) You are obviously in need of instruction.
(2032) Michel:
If you come to the Cathedral tomorrow, you shall receive instruction and more.
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"That is why I ask you, father...I would like to recieve some enlightenment"
(2032) Michel:
We do not enlighten those who are unwilling or who are not baptized in the Name.
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I see...thank you father...thank you for your guidance and good day"
** (2032) Michel stands to his full height and looks disdainfully at Rainur. "I do not fear you, pagan. But if you wish to receive the first steps towards enlightenment, come to the Cathedral of Ximes and be prepared to witness the glory of the Church." **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade laughs "Oh yes, Father, I look forward to it sir." **
(2104) BeefPot (enter): 23:19
(2104) BeefPot (exit): 23:20
(2018) Adam500 (enter): 23:20
** (2032) Michel quivers with rage. "Au contraire, you shall rue this day, pagan. Your name?" **
(2018) Adam500 (exit): 23:20
** (2032) Adair glances at you with alarm. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"The sword of justice"
(2032) Michel:
A liar as well.
** (2032) Michel slams his chair into the table and stalks out of the Inn, tossing a bag of coins at the barkeep. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I don't think he likes me"
** (2051) Dranath sighs, "I think not as well." **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade laughs **
** (2056) Morti returns to the table after placing his order. Looking to Rainur curiously, he asks, "um... isn't peeving off a priest of the Cathedral we're on our way to a bad idea?"? **
(2032) DM:
Conversation picks up as before, but occasionally people glance at you with fear, admiration and/or interest.
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I meerely showed him my interest in the church Morti"
** (2051) Dranath looks at Morti, then to Rainur, "In all truth, I'm glad you did. May make our lives harder, but.." **
** (2056) Morti scratches his head and shrugs **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade shakes his head **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Priests are bad tippers anyways"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We should leave this place. We do not want to put these good people in any risk."
** (2049) Thom Lox walks back into the inn and back to the bar. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"At least not more than they already are"
(2051) Dranath:
"I imagine we are going to have a hard time in Ximes."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We would anyways"
(2056) Morti:
(brb)
** (2051) Dranath nods, "That's what I mean." **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ok, that was not the brightest of escapades, but I felt compelled to have the good father finish his drink and be on his way"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"What would you expect from a pagan warrior?"
(2050) Atross:
"Honestly not a very good priest if he's opposed to some proselytizing."
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade starts to walk towards the exit "I did not ask him anything wrong....and I have been called the sword of justice so, it is his loss to enlighten me" **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Come on everyone, saddle up...we ride!"
(2032) DM:
You walk out of the Inn and see a group of mounted warriors by the gates of the Inn, glancing in your direction.
(2056) Morti:
"Eh? don't we eat first?" :whines:
** (2049) Thom sits at the bar for a moment, acting as if he didn't hear Rainur. **
(2049) Thom:
(( or, more acting as if he doesn't travel with him that is. ))
(2056) Morti:
(do they have any specific heraldry or uniform?)
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade stands his ground **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade does not draw or act hostily **
(2032) DM:
((Ximes))
(2032) DM:
They trot to you (Rainur)
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade holds his ground and does not act with any hostility whatsoever **
** (2051) Dranath exits the tavern a little behind Rainur, raising a brow at the warriors. **
(2032) Guard:
We have been instructed by Prelate Avoinoissor to take you and your companions into custody, on grounds of spreading heresy against the Church.
(2032) Guard:
You will come with us this instant. Your sentencing will take place at the Cathedral tomorrow morning.
** (2056) Morti tilts his head tot he guards as he stands beside Rainur **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
Good Soldiers, I mearly inquired about the church, I have commited no crime."
(2032) Guard:
That shall be for his Grace, the Bishop to determine. And your guilt, by the One to see.
(2032) DM:
Their weapons are not drawn yet...although hands remain on hilts.
(2056) Morti:
"I don't see the problem. The fat guy was just over sensitive. Maybe he was drunk or something." :nods casually to his own speciulation:
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I do not wish to insult your Bishop, but that is not his place to determine"
(2032) DM:
There are five, on horseback.
(2032) Guard:
Are you refusing to come peaceably?
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I am not of this land and do not know your customs."
(2032) Guard:
That is no excuse. Pierre, comandeer the stables and provide a cart for these to remain in.
(2032) Pierre:
Oui. (dismounts and enters the Inn)
(2056) Morti:
"We already have a cart." :confused:
** (2051) Dranath looks over at Rainur, narrowing his eyes slightly. **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"If you draw on me, I will be forced to defend myself. Please do not make this happen. I am a noble. Return to Ximes and tell your Bisho that we will meet him"
(2032) Guard:
If you draw your weapon, we shall be forced to take you in force. You may choose to come peaceably or in force. It is your choice.
(2056) Morti:
:to Rainur: "Is it that big of a deal. I mean, we're going to Ximes anyway."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We shall come with you but we will not be taken prisoners"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Now it is your choice Monsieur
(2032) Guard:
If you resist, you will be taken.
(2032) Guard:
Now. Lay down your weapons.
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"No that is not possible. They will not be drawn unless you draw first"
** (2032) Pierre walks out with the innkeeper, saying, "We will take this cart." (your cart) **
** (2056) Morti kicks rainur in the shin pointedly. "Semantics get in the way. Let them escort us if it makes them feel better. We'll sort it out when we get there. Deal?" **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"You have my word"
(2032) Guard:
I grow tired of this. Send for reinforcements. (to Pierre)
** (2051) Dranath tosses down spear and shield easily enough **
** (2050) Atross sighs, "Reinforcements..." **
** (2032) Pierre shrugs, mounts his steed and gallops off. **
** (2050) Atross lays down his bow and mutters, "At least they recognize enough to not take us lightly after all." **
(2056) Morti:
:to Rainur: "Please just surrender. Jehan can probably get us out later. Right Drenla?"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Guard, I have agreed to come with you"
** (2032) Drenla nods. **
** (2050) Atross has a seat next to his bow. **
(2032) Guard:
Good. (to a flaxen haired guard) Andre, strip them of their weapons and bind them. We will leave for Ximes shortly.
(2050) Atross:
"We need to go to Ximes; we don't need to fight the city guard."
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I am not permitted to release my weopons. You have my word"
(2056) Morti:
"Them? I thought you were just arresting him. Aw man..."
(2032) Guard:
You do NOT understand, barbarian. You are prisoners of the Bishop and therefore are less than cattle! I wish I could slay you now but His Grace would speak with you tomorrow. (spits)
** (2050) Atross turns his mace handle out to Andre as he approaches, "Here, and be careful with it as it's on loan." **
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"It would be a disgrace to my family"
** (2032) Prelate Avanoissoir emerges from the stable and speaks to the guard. **
** (2056) Morti hands over his daggers, staff and crossbow. "Carefully with that dagger, it belongs to someone very powerful." **
** (2032) Prelate Avanoissoir glances at Rainur with disdain. "Robere, I see you have the situation in control. Bring them to the dungeons beneath the Cathedral. Put the fat one in the Oubliette." **
(2032) Robere:
Your will be done, my Lord.
** (2032) Prelate Avanoissoir trots away, smirking. **
(2056) Morti:
"Dungeons...? This is starting to sound unreasonable. Do we at least get fed." :seems very at ease with being mistreated:
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I will come along quietly."
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade hands over his swords with great pain **
(2032) Robere:
I knew you would be enlightened. (smirks)
** (2056) Morti follows the orders as given, wondering if they'd bother stripping his scrolls or spell component pouch from him **
(2032) DM:
(they leave you alone for the most part)
(2056) Morti:
:to Drenla: "So... think Jehan can make sure we get our stuff back safe?"
(2032) Drenla:
I don't think we'll find any friends in Jehan or the Church, Morti.
(2032) Drenla:
I did some investigating of my own. Jehan is known to be a bodyguard and a master thief. He is guard to Azerdarc.
(2056) Morti:
"Eh?" :grimaces: "That's a sad thing."
(2032) Drenla:
No...there is one who MIGHT help us, if only we had entered the city OR not opened our big mouths. (glances at Rainur)
(2056) Morti:
"I thought you said he was a white wizard."
(2032) Drenla:
I was wrong.
(2056) Morti:
"Oh... well... we'll just escape later then." :offers casually:
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Yes I have a big mouth. Let's leave it at that"
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Morti...please be quiet"
(2056) Morti:
:nods:
(2049) Thom:
(( so, have they been taken away then? ))
(2032) DM:
((yes))
** (2049) Thom slowly walks out of the inn as the group is taken away. He stops at the merchents for a moment before going to retrieve the horse he rode in on from the stables. **
(2050) Atross:
"Yes Morti, there's no chance we could escape and we are all alone with not a single ally left to come save us. Truly we are at the mercy of Ximes' justice." (Trying to not sound too fake)
(2056) Morti:
"Ummm.... ok..."
(2032) DM:
((to the group. you're taken to the dungeons beneath the Cathedral. your weapons are separated from you. Rainur is put into a special cell called the Oubliette. Ximes is a large city, easily the size of Tolmara, and quite beautiful. however, the people of Ximes have a peculiar, familiar cast to them. you've seen it before, in Highkeep....they walk with their heads bowed, as if afraid to act.))
(2049) Thom:
(( ahh - home sweet home.... ))
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
((LOL))
** (2049) Thom gets his horse and hands off in a leisurly manner toward Ximes. **
** (2056) Morti sits comfortably in his cell, once more playing his fiddle as they wait **
(2056) Morti:
"So... how long are we suppose to stay here?"
(2050) Atross:
"I think until tomorrow."
** (2056) Morti shrugs. Playing some somber jail music he looks about they layout, getting an idea for the number of guards and where any present keys may be **
** (2049) Thom keeps riding toward Ximes, preparing a couple of things before he gets there. He is soon finished and simply continues on, at a leisure pace, head low but scanning the area, trying to not draw any undo attention. **
(2032) DM:
Rainur is led into the Oubliette -- a small cramped windowless chamber, barely big enough to sit in.
(2056) Morti:
"What do you think the punishment is for harassing a chubby priest?"
(2056) Morti:
(can we see the Oubliette?)
(2032) DM:
(you pass it by on your way to your cells. it's filled with bones and vermin. you catch a glimpse of it when the door opens and Rainur is tossed inside.)
(2032) Alors:
Bonjour, you poor souls. (chuckling, spitting out a rotted tooth)
(2032) Alors:
My name is Alors and I am your jailer during your stay here in the Pits. Your sentencing is tomorrow, and we will ensure your stay is a lengthy one, should His Grace decide you to live. (chuckles)
(2056) Morti:
"What if he decides to release us?" :hopefully:
(2032) Alors:
You receive one meal a day, at evenfall. Porridge. Which is more than you deserve.
(2050) Atross:
"Sentencing for what wrong? We haven't even been heard."
(2032) Alors:
(leers at Morti and says nothing, chuckling)
(2032) Alors:
For being heretics, of course.
** (2056) Morti grimaces unsurely "I didn't even know I was one." **
(2032) Alors:
Now then, here you are, to your cells. Bon nuit.
** (2032) Alors walks away, whistling, as the guards open your cell doors and toss you inside, then slam them. **
(2138) Daelan La'neral (enter): 00:25
** (2056) Morti rests against the bars, sourly. "Should we stay for sentencing?" **
(2032) DM:
(going to RP with Thom in the main window fyi. will FF after a bit.)
(2056) Morti:
(hai hai)
(2139) Orion (enter): 00:28
(2032) DM:
T: you make your way into Ximes. A beautiful city, if a bit too much like Highkeep. Although the guards seem to be less visible than in Highkeep, the people are just as cowed.
(2139) Orion (exit): 00:28
** (2049) Thom seems to relax a bit, feeling more at home. But in reality he is simply fallling into his Highkeep survival mode, watching and listening to everything around him while seeming to pay no attention. **
(2032) DM:
A troop of guards marches around the corner. "His Nibs has a sentencing tomorrow. (chuckling) A priest, caught on charges of witchcraft. Now I've heard everything."
** (2056) Morti finds as clean a spot as he can to rest in, feeling a bit nostalgic, in a depressing sort of way **
** (2049) Thom passes on by the guards without a word to them, or any reaction. **
(2032) Guard:
(chortles) I hear it's a Bishop. Old Azerdarc is up to his tricks again.
(2032) Guard:
Should be interesting. Never seen a Bishop put to death before....
** (2049) Thom continues into the city, making mental notes of the conversation he overheard, looking for a nearby inn. **
(2056) Morti:
(did they take everything from us?)
(2032) DM:
You find one. The Humble Justice.
(2032) DM:
(only weapons and armor)
(2049) Thom:
(( lovely name.... ))
** (2049) Thom pauses for a moment seeing the name of the inn, with everything else he has heard. But he enteres it nonetheless. **
(2032) Innkeep:
Welcome to the Humble Justice. No dancing, no music and no revelry past the ninth hour. By order of the Archbishop, may he bless us in the Name of the One.
(2032) Innkeep:
(says this to you (Thom) in a dead, dull monotone)
** (2032) Innkeep looks up at you (Thom) with resentful, morose eyes. "How long is your stay?" **
** (2049) Thom Lox nods to the Innkeep and replies, with an equal dull monotone. "May it be so." Thom then cheers up his voice a little, "Might you have a room for rent for the evening?" **
** (2032) Innkeep shrugs. "That's two gold." **
** (2049) Thom slides three gold to him, discreetly. **
(2032) Innkeep:
Two francs. Meals cost extra. If you bring a wench back, I don't want to hear you.
(2051) Dranath:
(( lol ))
** (2032) Innkeep pockets the money. "Mabelais is my name." **
(2049) Thom:
"Very well. Pleasure to meet you Mabelais. I am Thom. Do you happen to have the time?"
(2032) Innkeep:
Time? It is now the eighth hour.
(2032) DM:
(OOC: 8 pm. it took you a day to reach Ximes)
(2049) Thom:
"Of course. Sorry, I lost track of it travelling. Thank you very much."
** (2056) Morti passes the time playing tic-tac-toe in their cell **
(2032) Innkeep:
Was there someone you were looking for? (meaningfully)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
brb
(2049) Thom:
(( so, there is a dining room/bar here as well, correct? ))
(2056) Morti:
(are there any people in the cells nearby we can talk with to gather info?)
** (2050) Atross spends his time getting unbound then fashioning crude weaponry from whatever materials are at hand. Fractured bones, decaying masonry, rat teeth or whatever. **
(2032) DM:
((yes))
(2049) Thom Lox:
"Isn't everyone looking for someone? But yes, I am expecting that someone will be by looking for me. May I have an ale to pass the time?"
(2032) DM:
(yes, Morti.)
(2032) DM:
(cries fill the air, mostly from people left in their cells for a long, long time.)
(2032) Innkeep:
Certainly. Corinne will be with you shortly. (winks)
** (2049) Thom nods and takes his ale to a table in a corner, where he can watch anyone coming in. **
(2032) Corinne:
Welcome to the justice of the meek.
** (2032) Corinne enters the room, bearing a tray and a pitcher, setting it down at your (Thom's) table. **
(2049) Thom Lox:
"Thank you, this sounds like the best place to be."
(2056) Morti:
(I'll try to talk with whoever will listen about recent sentencings and big news and what people think our chances are.)
(2056) Morti:
Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(2032) Corinne:
So...what can I get you?
(2049) Thom Lox:
"I am looking for some help, to help those that tried to aid you earlier today, my companions."
(2032) Corinne:
I see. We apologize for deceiving your companions, and will do our best to aid you. We have need of YOUR help, actually.
(2049) Thom:
"Well, I would be more than willing to help you out, but there is little I can do by myself."
(2049) Thom:
"And I understand about the deception, sometimes it is necessary to survive."
(2032) Corinne:
Oh, I have a feeling you shall do fine. Follow me, please. We are too public. (glancing at the half-empty room meaningfully)
** (2049) Thom Lox smiles and nods to her, following her closely - letting any watching believe whatever they will. **
** (2032) Corinne leads you to a conference room and closes the door gently. **
** (2049) Thom places his ale, which he had of course brought with him, on the table. **
(2032) DM:
Inside are Adair and a beautiful raven-haired human woman wearing a diamond tiara and dark green robes.
(2032) Adair:
We apologize again for deceiving your companions, but have been on the lookout ever since word reached our ears of strangers who saved Vyones from certain destruction.
(2056) Morti:
(tis this world's female Magister!)
** (2049) Thom nods to Adair and faces the lady, bowing slightly. 'Lady Moriamis I presume?" **
(2056) Morti:
(mind the groping)
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Very good. And you are?
** (2032) Moriamis d'Amberville is impressed. **
(2049) Thom:
"I am Thom Lox. A friend of you all from what I have learned."
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
I see. My thanks for showing my sister the justice of the meek. (smiles slightly)
(2049) Thom:
(( Thom is just _that_ damn good. ;) ))
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
((LOL))
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
I am indeed Moriamis. Moriamis, of the d'Ambervilles.
(2049) Thom Lox:
"I appologize, I have a number of pieces, but not all of them. Who is your sister?"
(2056) Morti:
(Bum bum BADUM!)
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Why, Sephora, of course.
** (2049) Thom pauses for a moment at the mention of that family. **
(2049) Thom Lox:
"Of course...."
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Now then. I have learned that Azerdarc is not what he claims to be. That he is in fact, a lycanthrope and a mage.
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
You have, I believe, a weapon which is useful against such a creature.
** (2032) Adair listens with interest. **
(2049) Thom Lox:
"I had heard half as much myself."
** (2049) Thom looks at her questionly for a moment. "You mean my father's blade?" **
(2149) Evil Joe (enter): 00:58
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Very well. Tomorrow, during the sentencing of the Bishop Evain, you will be present and expose the good Archbishop for the fraud that he is. I will be present as well and free your companions. In the ensuing chaos, defeat the Archbishop, and in return, I shall give you that which you seek.
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
I mean, the Sword of Sylaire.
(2049) Thom:
Oh, that sword. I knew it was a very well made sword, but I didn't realize that about it.
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
No? Well perhaps you are not as good as I thought. No matter. The sword you carry is effective against lycanthropes and werecreatures. Azerdarc, besides being a mage, is also such a creature.
(2051) Dranath:
(( haha, thom thought he was cool for a second there ))
(2049) Thom:
"And you still hold the power to free my companions? I mean no disrespect, but I have not heard flattering things about your family around these parts."
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
My family is....quite famous, yes.
(2049) Thom:
(( yeah, well - he can't do it all. remember - he's the only one that can save your arse... ;) ))
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Your companions shall be freed. You have my word, such as it is.
(2050) Atross:
((They're not liked, not not potent, or have you forgotten already?))
(2049) Thom:
(( no, but I am also being careful. ))
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
His Grace, the Bishop Evain, is being sentenced on charges of being a witch and causing the destruction of Vyones.
(2094) Tek (enter): 01:03
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Your companions, who saved the city from certain destruction, will be called as witnesses against him.
(2049) Thom:
"Very well. I shall do what I can. Is there any chance that we can contact some of your friends that remain hidden, in order to keep the extra guards away?"
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Speak to Adair and to Corinne. (smiles)
(2049) Thom:
"Yes, that sounds about what I would expect from this Inquisition...."
** (2049) Thom glances at the other two for a moment before turning back to Moriamis to finish with her. **
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
When they are called, it matters not who speaks first, throw this bag of powder in front of the Archbishop, which will reveal his perfidy. And let your sword do the work.
** (2049) Thom carefully takes the bag of powder before bowing to Lady Moriamis. "I shall. And I thank you for your help." **
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
In return for all of this, I shall give you a potion of time and travel, and the Ring of Eibon.
(2049) Thom:
(( another mysterious bag of podwer?? ))
(2032) DM:
((yup))
** (2049) Thom is unable to control his jaw from dropping some. "That is most gracious of you Milady." **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade farts in his cell **
(2056) Morti:
(they're all the rage in this world)
** (2032) Moriamis d'Amberville smiles slightly. **
(2056) Morti:
(Quickly, Rainur is trapped in the Gas Chamber!)
** (2049) Thom Lox pauses a moment to make sure there is nothing else before taking a couple of steps backward from the Lady. He then goes over to Adair and Corinne. **
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Do you have any questions to ask of me? This must all be overwhelming.
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
((more overwhelming than fighting a colossus???)))
** (2032) Corinne confers with Adair, and then listen intently to Thom. **
(2049) Thom:
"Madamme, this entire adventure has been overwhelming, I shall think about it when I am safe and home." He smiles at her, to let her know that he will be fine.
** (2032) Moriamis d'Amberville smiles sadly. "Ays, and I am permitted to tell you, that more will be asked of you, but not by me or any of my family...before all of this is over and you are safely home." **
** (2049) Thom frowns for a moment, but then brings out a smile. "As it will be." **
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
The blessing of the d'Ambervilles be on you, mon cher. A demain!
(2051) Dranath:
(( turn that frown upside down young man! ))
(2049) Thom:
"A demain milady"
(2049) Thom:
::to the 'couple':: "So, I take it that you two can contact Guildmaster Souragne."
(2032) Moriamis d'Amberville:
Adair. Corinne. My regards to Souragne. (vanishes)
(2049) Thom:
(( Thom is on a name-dropping spree... ))
(2032) Adair:
You have friends in high places, friend.
(2049) Thom:
"It comes in handy many times, yes."
(2032) DM:
(stopping at 2:30 tonight. Daelan is another potential player, fyi. 78 minute warning.)
(2032) DM:
(stopping early to give ppl a chance to talk.)
(2049) Thom:
(( k ))
(2049) Thom:
"So, can you get in touch with him this evening still?"
(2049) Thom:
"He should have gotten a message already that I will wish to speak with him."
(2032) Corinne:
Of course, we can try.
(2049) Thom Lox:
"I would greatly appreciate it."
** (2032) Corinne leaves the room. **
whispering to the Mastodon, so how is it so far?
(2049) Thom:
::to whichever is left:: "I will be in my room, if you would please get me if he is willing to see me this evening."
** (2032) Adair nods. "Very well, mon ami." **
** (2049) Thom mods to Adair and then leaves the room, and heads to his own room. **
** (2049) Thom nods to Adair and then leaves the room, and heads to his own room. **
** (2056) Morti is frustrated by his inability to beat himself at tic-tac-toe **
** (2049) Thom Lox runs some 'errands' and finnally is able to get some sleep. **
** (2049) Thom thinks about his companions and hopes that they will wait out the night, and not step on any more toes.... **
(2049) Thom:
(( mmm... nice soft comfy bed.... ;) ))
(2032) DM:
(FFing)
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade anger seethes as he sits in his cell **
(2032) DM:
Morning comes.
(2032) DM:
Your cell doors are yanked open and you're hauled out into the chilly damp dungeon air.
(2056) Morti:
"Dammit! tied again!"
** (2049) Thom Lox rises and makes his way, moving with the majority of the city, to see the sentencing. **
(2056) Morti:
"Eh?" :is pulled along effortlessly:
(2032) DM:
You're brusquely told to get dressed and make yourselves look presentable for the Archbishop. That means, you're given your armor back, but not your weapons.
** (2050) Atross makes himself presentable, that means making sure his armor is securely worn and not much else matters. **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade is very angry and irritable and looks at the guards with disdain and thinks about snapping their necks but gains his composure **
** (2056) Morti follows instructions as given ... and continues playing tic-tac-toe as he waits for the others... "Dammit!" **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade cracks his knuckes very loudly **
(2032) DM:
A bucket of cold water is dumped on each of you.
** (2049) Thom keeps his cloak pulled about him, hiding his weapons from sight. He keeps one hand, holding the bag of powder inside the cloak, the other one helping hold it closed. He shivers occassionally as if sick and feeling cold. **
(2032) Guard:
"To get rid of the stench of horse."
** (2056) Morti shivers from the cold shock. "Thank you for being considerate." **
** (2032) Guard wrinkles his nose **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade holds his tongue, knowing that he could easily kill this guard with his bare hands **
** (2051) Dranath adjusts his chainmail a last time, and is startled at the cold water splashing down onto him, glaring at the jailkeeper from under blonde hair plastered to his face. **
(2051) Dranath:
(( conan would never take this ))
** (2032) Alors grins, showing two broken front teeth, whistling. **
(2032) DM:
((no, but you're in Frogland, so...))
(2056) Morti:
(be careful or they'll pelt us with livestock)
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"His grace will surely clear up this misunderstanding"
** (2050) Atross weathers the downpour **
(2049) Thom Lox:
(( but only after taunting you a second time Morti ))
(2056) Morti:
:to rainur as he follows the guards: "But, I thought he was suppose to be a jerk."
(2032) DM:
You're dragged along and step out into the nave of the Cathedral, through a stone door. It's quite overwhelming...the change from dank dungeon to resplendent, overdecorated, majestic cathedral. Soaring arched gothic vaults, stained glass, gleaming oak wooden pews, velvet and ermine everywhere. Richly dressed nobles and clergy line the pews, as well as commoners and middle-class persons.
** (2056) Morti looks about the surrounding in a bit of awe **
(2032) DM:
Robere marches you along one aisle and seats you in the front row pew, amidst a few dignitaries. No explanation is given.
(2056) Morti:
:naively to the others: "This is a nice place. I could understand a god wanting to live here."
(2149) Evil Joe (exit): 01:37
(2032) DM:
Suddenly, people rise and a chorus erupts from above, as the Archbishop's procession enters the Cathedral.
(2032) Robere:
Rise, pagans. (hisses)
(2056) Morti:
:Doesn't know he's a pagan:
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade stands as Robere says and then starts to hold his head in pain **
** (2049) Thom stands with the crowd, blending in as much as he can, wich is fairly easily after all the blending in he did in Highkeep. **
** (2032) Robere bows his head as if in deep prayer but watches you out of the corner of his eyes. **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade gains his composure **
(2094) Tek (exit): 01:39
** (2050) Atross belatedly stands. **
** (2051) Dranath grins over at Morti, the black ringing under his eyes and the wet clothing and hair sticking to him making him look understandably unsavory. Dranath stands alongside Rainur. **
(2032) DM:
The Archbishop, from all appearances, is a decrepit old man, of about seventy years, stooped and bent, and carrying a gilded wooden staff. Garbed in resplendent gold and white robes that seem spotless, he's escorted up the main aisle by a helmed warrior in ebon scale armor. The warrior looks completely out of place in a holy setting such as this. A sheathed bastard sword can be seen by his side.
** (2056) Morti focuses his mind toward the strange warrior(detect magic) **
** (2032) Archbishop Azerdarc sits in the wooden throne in front of the altar, and speaks in a clear, strong voice that belies his age: "Bring oujt the apostate, Evain, of Vyones, formerly the Bishop of Vyones, now in the hands of the merciful One!" **
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [6,15] = (21)
(2056) Morti:
Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+15] -> [5,15] = (20)
** (2032) Archbishop Evain is led out to a pulpit to the right of the main area. He's dressed in sackcloth, and his head is shorn. He seems different from the figure you dealt with in Vyones, a week ago. **
** (2056) Morti looks to the former Bishop, waving to him coyly **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade 's palms start to get sweaty **
(2032) Archbishop Azerdarc:
By the grace of the One and the Name, you, Evain of Vyones are stripped of your position and charged with witchery, heresy and practice of foul magicka bidden by the infernals in the Abyss! And to this, you are charged with wanton destruction and murder of thousands of innocents, and the desire to undermine the holdings of the King and the Church! And you are charged with the failure to guard your flock to the corruption of witchery, necromancy and foul magicka! Let the trial commence!
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade found the F6 macro key **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade found the F7 macro key **
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade found the F9 macro key **
(2056) Morti:
"Eh?" :hearing the Archbishop's declaration, Morti raises his hand like a kid in class with something to say:
(2032) Simon d'Amberville:
By the will of my Lord, His Grace, let it be done. (rises and bows deeply)
(2032) DM:
It's Simon.
(2051) Dranath:
(( aaaaaah ))
** (2049) Thom frowns.... **
** (2032) Simon d'Amberville does not recognize you. **
** (2050) Atross is not really surprised to see a d'Amberville involved in this. **
(2056) Morti:
"Uuuuhhhh...." :stares at Simon... suddenly more confused:
(2032) Simon d'Amberville:
I call as my first witness, the warrior and so-called noble, Rainur Swiftblade!
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade looks around comfused **
(2032) Archbishop Azerdarc:
Rainur, come forth and take the stand.
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade comes forth **
** (2049) Thom steps up once Rainur is at the stand and throws a bag at the feet of Azerdarc. As it flies, he reaches for the Sword of Sylaire. **
(2032) DM:
All hell breaks loose. (one at a time pls)
(2032) DM:
Suddenly...
(2032) DM:
As the bag lands in front of Azerdarc, an amber mist escapes from the bag and envelops the Archbishop, who begins growling...
(2032) DM:
The congregation gasps...
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade yells to "Robere :Give me you sword and dagger now!" **
(2032) DM:
An amber ball of flames explodes out of nowhere, 20' above your heads, as Moriamis appears in a blaze of glory, waving her hands in a complex spell...
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I know you are not evil"
(2032) DM:
Members of Souragne's guild appear from the congregation and fire at the guards...
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Don't make me take it from you"
(2049) Thom Lox:
(( oh... look how beautiful it worked out... ;) ))
(2032) DM:
...the amber haze enveloping the Archbishop clears and reveals a snarling wolfcreature, half wolf and half man who lunges at Rainur
** (2056) Morti looks about frantically... and completely lost **
(2156) Evil Joe (enter): 01:57
(2032) DM:
(init)
(2049) Thom:
Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
(2056) Morti:
init: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(2050) Atross:
Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(2051) Dranath:
Init:: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
(2094) Tek (enter): 01:57
(2032) DM:
Moriamis' spell completes, causing your weapons to appear at your sides...
(2060) Rainur Swiftblade:
[1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(2056) Morti:
(that's convenient)
** (2060) Rainur Swiftblade 's short sword starts to glow a bright white **
(2049) Thom:
(( minis? ))
(2032) DM:
(yes)
(2050) Atross:
"That was a handy little spell. Probably a pain to set up too."
(2051) Dranath:
(( crap, I forgot to get one for MALE dranath ))
(2032) TaliesinNYC:
Skills: Spot [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(2056) Morti:
(so he's a cross dresser..)
(2032) DM:
(someone pls send me mini urls)
(2032) DM:
(or two minis, one of a warrior and one of a werewolf)
(2049) Thom:
(( there's a fighter for you... ))
(2049) Thom:
(( or warrior.... ))
(2056) Morti:
(ego proportionate size?)
(2032) DM:
(lol)
(2032) DM:
(ok, place them, one square = 5')
(2156) Evil Joe (exit): 02:04
(2032) DM:
(shrink it pls. lol)
(2049) Thom Lox:
(( how far away is the front row, where I was standing? ))
(2032) DM:
(50')
(2032) DM:
(er, sorry, 30')
(2049) Thom Lox:
(( so, about there? ))
(2056) Morti:
(howfar to our seats?)
(2032) DM:
(20 minute warning. not going to be able to resolve this in three rounds, folks.)
(2049) Thom Lox:
(( your seats are the front row... ))
(2032) DM:
(past that line is where you are)
(2051) Dranath:
(( want to just save the map and start fresh next week? ))
(2032) DM:
(marked by the X)
(2032) DM:
(k)
(2050) Atross:
(And Rainur is "at the stand")
(2049) Thom:
(( that will give rainur time to find a working mini too.... ;) ))


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms