Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
7 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: JerryRuivy, Stepadacric


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(1323) DM: so, before we begin, who needs a recap?
(1324) Zane: I'm ready to roll
(1332) Miragon: well i dont really, since intelligence > me
(1326) Atross: I already read the session I missed
(1323) DM: ok
(1335) Morti: your intelligence is greater than yourself?
(1326) Atross: (No, intelligence in the abstract)
(1332) Miragon: bingo
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade drinks his ale **
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade waits for Gaspard **
** (1332) Miragon drools on Morti. **
(1335) Morti: ( 0,o eh?)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (LOL)
** (1335) Morti drools back, refusing to loose the Duel of Fools **
(1336) Sow (enter): 21:37
(1332) Miragon: heh
(1323) DM: (ok, it's the evening of the same day that you reached Vyones)
** (1326) Atross counts his remaining arrows asking himself how many it'll take for an undead collosus. **
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade listens whilst the townsmen taunt him but not losing his cool **
** (1332) Miragon scratches himself as he gazes around, his eyes lingering on the pint sized wizard in hopes of finding a free snack. **
** (1335) Morti takes the time to find a bed to rest before the venture. Having not slept in a long while now **
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade looks around the bar **
** (1332) Miragon follows after Morti, his armor clinking and clanging in his stooped over posture. **
(1324) Thom: (( just a reminder - Thom is off, somewhere, do something. ;) ))
(1323) DM: (yep)
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade looks for the meanest looking guy in the bar and approaches **
(1332) Miragon: (That would have been me usually heh)
(1335) Morti: "Eh...?" Glancing back at Miragon en route to the bedroom. "You tired too?"
(1323) DM: The tavern isn't as full as it probably would be, if there weren't news of an impending disaster looming over Vyones. Farmers and merchants pick at their food gloomily and conversation is subdued.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "You look like a brave sort....have you ever seen this colossus"
(1331) Khrystoph (exit): 21:42
** (1332) Miragon looks at Morti strangely and tilts his head to the side as he continues to follow him. **
(1336) Sow (exit): 21:42
** (1332) Miragon stops and turns his head sniffing the air. **
** (1335) Morti shrugs, heads into the room and plops down on a bed, setting Moiraine down to do as she pleases. **
** (1332) Miragon stomach growls as he seems drawn between following Morti and the scent of food. **
(1323) Passerby: I...I am just a simple farmer, monsieur. Perhaps you have mistaken me for my son, who has joined the Dauphin's army?
** (1332) Miragon peeks into Morti's room then returns to the bar area. **
** (1332) Miragon approaches Rainur and leans over the table grabbing a handful of food from a nearby plate, helping himself. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Dauphin? Who is that my friend and where is this army?"
(1340) Dirk (enter): 21:44
(1340) Dirk (exit): 21:45
(1323) Passerby: Le Dauphin is the ruler of all France. (regards Rainur strangely) You seem to not be from around here, monsieur.
** (1326) Atross plays the waiting game while shifting around the food on his plate, drinking occaisionally. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "No monsieur, I am not"
(1323) Passerby: He is now at Versailles, at the summer castle.
** (1332) Miragon continues to help himself to the farmer's plate as he gobbles down handful after handful of food, in a very messy fashion. **
(1323) DM: A few farmers, one or two tables away raise their eyebrows at Miragon's behavior, but say nothing.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thank you monsieur"
(1323) Passerby: My name is Rabelois. My apologie for not introducing myself earlier. And you are...?
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "MIRAGON, sit down and do not take the food of others...is that clear"
** (1332) Miragon looks at Miragon with a confused look then offers a mess handful of food in his direction. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am a noble from a foreign land. I am Rainur Swiftblade"
(1332) Miragon: (Rainur i mean, gah)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Here is a plate of food for you...eat and leave the others alone" ::hands Miragon a plate::
** (1332) Miragon takes the plate and offers Rainur and nod and takes a seat directly next to him as he eats. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thank you"
(1332) Miragon: (ignore my typo'rama folks, my apologies)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "As I was saying, I am Rainur"
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rabelois, tell me about this colossus?"
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade tries to get info while waiting for Gaspard to show up **
(1323) Rabelois: I am afraid I do not know much about the colossus, monsieur, save that it is a product of foul magic by that wizard, Nathaire. If it is not stopped, we are all doomed.
(1323) Rabelois: It is rumored to stand so high as to touch the very clouds themselves and use trees as clubs. I have sent my family packing and I shall soon be joining them as I leave Vyones.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well Rabelois, have a drink on me and may you travel safely" ::motions to the barkeep::
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Tell me about Gaspard my friend"
** (1323) Rabelois takes a drink. "Merci, monsieur. Well...where to begin..." **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Begin where you feel comfortable "
(1323) Rabelois: What would you like to know about Gaspard? Would you like to hear of his past as a student of magic or of his present service to Vyones?
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am all ears..."
** (1326) Atross gives up on the food and tries to pay attention **
(1323) Rabelois: It is well known that Gaspard was once a student of Nathaire who now besieges our town and all the lands of glorious France. But what most will not tell you, monsieur, is that Nathaire was not always a foul wizard of the dead. He was once a mage in service to Louis, who was le Dauphin's father. However, an encounter with the Chatelaine of Sylaire changed his senses so as to become a corrupt version of himself. Or so the tales say.
(1323) Rabelois: The Chatelaine, the Lady Sephora, is a cunning witch who beguiles all who come near her save those who are not maleborn. Her charms, it is said, fall on deaf ears when it comes to women.
(1323) Rabelois: After the Inquisition came to power (drops his voice a bit), Nathaire turned to the ways of evil and began his campaign against the Dauphin and all of France. And now he threatens us all. I do not know much about Gaspard other than that he was once in Nathaire's service but is now turned to the Light. And whether that is because of the Inquisition or because he truly believes in redemption, only mon Dieu knows for sure.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: ;;in a low voice:: "Inquisition of what?"
(1351) A Lurker (enter): 22:05
(1323) Rabelois: The Inquisition, monsieur. It goes by no other name. (sips)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Who are the targets of this inquisition...we have nothing of this sort in my land"
(1352) Khrystoph (enter): 22:07
** (1323) Rabelois looks around before continuing **
(1324) Thom: (( That's because nobody expects the Inquisition! ))
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: ((LOL))
(1323) Rabelois: Wizards who do not swear to service in the Dauphin, witches, false clerics and their ilk. I am a heaven-fearing man, monsieur, a simple farmer. This is all I know.
(1335) Morti: (No, that's the more crafty spaniards. the French- very suspicious)
(1335) Morti: (Who fears heaven?)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah I see ...that is very valuable information my friend. Tell me more about this Sephora"
(1352) Khrystoph (exit): 22:10
(1323) Rabelois: You are very inquisitive, monsieur, but since you are paying for the wine, I shall tell you what little I know. (sips)
(1355) matd (enter): 22:11
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Very well mon ami"
(1332) Miragon (exit): 22:11
(1355) matd (exit): 22:12
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade scans around and sees if Gaspard is anywhere in sight **
(1323) Rabelois: She is the Chatelaine of Sylaire, an enchanted land to the south and west. Sylaire is both the name of a ruined chateau and the land that surrounds it. The entrance to the land can be gained by passing a marble arch marked with an amber fleur de lys. There is a persistent legend that Sephora comes from an ancient family of wizards, the d'Ambervilles.
** (1323) Gaspard du Nord enters the tavern and speaks to a waitress before settling into a table. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah I see, I believe I have heard of them...they have an interesting story"
(1358) Ghaele (enter): 22:14
(1346) ring/worm (enter): 22:15
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade says with a frown **
(1346) ring/worm (exit): 22:15
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: Her words are like honey to any man that comes near her. Women are not affected. So the tales say.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1358) Danae...
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah Gaspard, a pleasure to see you again"
(1358) Danae: (( sorry about that ))
** (1323) Gaspard du Nord stood up, scanned the room and came over to your table as Rabelois was speaking. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rabelois, you have been most helpful. Take this for you and your family. Good fortune to you"
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: Rabelois. My apologies about your son. He died in service to le Dauphin. (nods)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "My apologies as well" ::bows head::
** (1323) Rabelois stiffens for a moment before taking a long pull of wine. "Your Grace." **
** (1323) Rabelois accepts the token from Rainur. "Bon nuit, monsieur. May the heavens preserve us from the colossus." (takes his leave) **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is terrible...did he die in battle?"
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: So you wanted to know about Sephora? Are you headed to Sylaire?
** (1324) Thom suddenly steps up from behind Gaspard, and moves around him to where Atross is sitting, where he also sits. **
(1351) A Lurker (exit): 22:20
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "I was curious, since he mentioed her in our conversation"
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: (to Rainur) Yes, he died in battle. There was a skirmish a few miles from here not too long ago, against the colossus. It razed an entire town and five battalions of the Dauphin's army were slain.
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: If anything, the bodies of the fallen have augmented the colossus and added to its size and power. That is why time is of the essence. You must succeed!
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah, that is terrible....how do we need to proceed monsieur?"
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade gives Thom a nod **
** (1323) Gaspard du Nord takes a gray pouch from his belt. "Within this contains a few doses of powder which you will need to throw in the face of the creature. I do not possess such magic that can enable you to fly or otherwise rise in the air. If you do so and are successful, the creature will be diminished and killable." **
** (1324) Thom nods back to Rainur, listening to Gaspard's tales. **
** (1326) Atross welcomes Thom back quietly, not wanting to interrupt Gaspard and Rainur **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "What happens after the powder is sprayed on it?"
** (1324) Zane nods to Atross as well, and would do the same for Miragon - but he seems to have disappeared, as has Morti. **
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: One of two things....either the colossus will be slain, or it will be much diminished in power and size and you will be able to kill it in seconds. Also, the controller of the creature will be slain automatically since his lifeforce provides partial animation. As the beast grows in power, so too does Nathaire. This is why the deaths of the soldiers was so catastrophic.
** (1335) Morti snores loudly as Danae's magic hat, in the image of a wide brimmed hat covers his face **
(1324) Thom: So Gaspard, how long before this thing gets here then?
** (1323) Gaspard du Nord glances at Morti before continuing. "Tomorrow, at dawn." **
(1326) Atross: "Is there anything you can tell us about how a colussus had been defeated before?
** (1324) Thom mutters. "Not much time then..." **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "We should then prepare ourselves"
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: Killing Nathaire will accomplish that task directly. The only other way is by this powder or by fire.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Fire?"
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: If the beast is not slain, we are prepared to incinerate the beast by setting the fields aflame.
** (1324) Thom picks his head up and smirks at the mention of fire. **
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: This is an act of desparation, for we will ensure famine for a year.
(1326) Atross: "We won't let it come to that."
** (1335) Morti mumbles something about angry pickles and shifts about, the cap nearly shaking free of his head **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Gaspard, can a cleric like yourself cast invisibility to undead on one of us and will it work with that creature?"
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade lowers his voice **
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: I am not a cleric, monsieur. Only a white wizard.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, do you think that could work if one of Le Dauphin's clerics can cast that sort of spell?
(1335) Morti: " sssnnnnoorre... mumtumum... yaetem... snnnooooorre..." :shifts again as he lays, with his head on the table (hehe, apparently no beds) , the hat slipping further.
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: They could....but I think they shall not.
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: The Inquisition is more than just a campaign against magic, monsieur. They seek to rule France and they shall stop at nothing until they do. They could have stopped the creature, monsieur, but they have not.
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade eyes open wide and anger starts to fill them "So thousands must die?" **
(1364) Lingelen (enter): 22:39
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: If the colossus is not stopped, they will declare the Dauphin ineffective and seize power. You must succeed, if only so this shall not happen.
(1364) Lingelen (exit): 22:39
(1324) Thom: (in soft voice, to Gaspard) So, le Dauphin is in charge of those leading the inquisition?
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: The Dauphin is a child, monsieur. He is not yet of the age to become King. His advisers are the true rulers of France. He is but a tool of the Inquisition.
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: (to Rainur) Yes, mon ami. Thousands will die if you are not successful.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes I see the gravitry of this situation."
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, we must rest a little and then get ready to face this monster"
(1326) Atross: "Do you know where Nathaire is now? With the colussus?"
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Can you shield us from the inquisitors"
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: We shall speak again when you are done, friends. Vyones is a free town in France in that we are not all under the spell of the Inquisition, but if you are heading to Ximes, you must know of the danger that impends you there.
(1324) Thom: :to Rainur: We may not have time. it is already getting late, and the creature will be here at dawn.
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: He is on the way here and will be in but a few hours.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye Thom...wake the others and let us go"
** (1335) Morti mumbles in his sleep, strange bits of therum, " ... energy flux ... correlated to loss of heat in the event horizon... zzzz... ten layer sigil... parated... pressures mix in body... snnnoorrrre..." **
(1326) Atross: "In a few hours? Before his colussus? Why?"
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade starts to ready his gear **
** (1324) Zane quickly makes a move, grabbing Morti's hat and righting it on his head as Thom gently wakes him up. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "I need a fine quality composite bow and a quiver of 20 flame arrows. Can you get that Gaspard?"
(1324) Thom: "Morti, you need to wake up."
** (1335) Morti mumbles on in his sleep, something about contact destabilization before Thom shakes him awake.. "eh? Morning already?" **
(1368) Lightfaith (enter): 22:50
(1324) Zane: unfortunately, no. But we can not wait until morning.
(1335) Morti: :half asleep, with a line of drool down the side on his face, "Waid fer whad?"
** (1324) Thom looks Morti straight in his face and barely whispers, "The collssus, remember?" **
** (1335) Morti goes wide-eyed and straightens up, "The Colossus is here?!" **
(1324) Thom: "No, but we must go now to stop it."
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: Is that possible Gaspard? Is there a fletcher that we can get this from at this hoir?"
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: hour
(1335) Morti: "Oh... right..." :slumps back to the table and yawns.
(1368) Lightfaith (exit): 22:55
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: Probably not, but worth a try.
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: Check in the market, and I'm sure you'll find one.
** (1335) Morti reaches his hand up to scratch a spot on his scabbed scalp out of habit and thoughtlessly knocks the hat back. **
(1323) DM: (not going to RP that out)
** (1324) Thom looks around, trying to make sure everyone else is awake. (( Is Danae with us as well? And Miragon? )) **
** (1323) Gaspard du Nord recoils at seeing Morti but recovers his senses quickly.
**

(1323) DM: ((yes, but not in your immediate vicinity.))
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: Your friend...is unusual.
(1324) Thom: (( ok, just wanted to make sure the group is around, as Rainur asked. :) ))
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are all unusual in some way n'est pas?
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: But not in that manner! (blesses himself)
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade leaves to get his arrows and bow and returns to the inn **
** (1335) Morti scratches his head, yawning in oblivion **
** (1324) Thom notices what Morti has done, so he picks the hat up off the florr, and sits it on the table in front of Morti. **
** (1326) Atross goes with Rainur telling him, "If you find a fletcher with fire arrows at this time of night, that's someone I'd like to talk to about a bow." **
** (1335) Morti stops scratching... for the moment and slumps forward again, staring at the cap. It takes him a moment to recognize it, and looks around, wondering if he should be worried **
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade returns 1/2 hour later with bow and arrows "They are preparing for a fight...they gave me what I needed" **
(1323) DM: Fortunately, the tavern is almost empty and most people are sleeping.
** (1324) Thom sips on a drink while waiting for Atross and Rainur to return, wanting to make sure to not drink too much as he knew there was a fight coming. **
(1335) Morti: "Hehe.." :with a coy grin to Gaspard, Morti puts the hat back on his head, reclaiming his human image, but staying low beneath the brim
(1335) Morti: :to thom, in near a whisper: "Oh, yeah, did we get that powder yet?"
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade lets go men...uh I mean lady and men **
** (1324) Zane shakes his head no. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have it. Gaspard gave it to me"
(1324) Thom: Ah, good.
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade gives each member of the team a portion of the powder **
** (1326) Atross returns in amazement, "This is more dire than I thought. In my time they were never so free with equipment." **
** (1335) Morti nods.. then asks in his usual curiousity, "so... what is it?" **
** (1324) Thom stands up to follow Rainur out. **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come, we have no time to waste. Gaspard, point us in the right direction to go face this thing"
** (1324) Thom takes his portion of the powder (assuming we were given it in a bag) and attaches the bag to his belt. **
** (1335) Morti eyes the poweder skeptically. "This stuff takes down undead colossuses?" **
(1323) DM: (there are five doses)
(1324) Thom: "So who knows what it would do to you, best to be careful."
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, be careful with it"
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade walks out the door **
** (1324) Thom follows **
(1335) Morti: :to gaspard, humbly asking: "What's it made of?"
(1324) Thom: (( BRB ))
** (1335) Morti notices his crew leaving and hurries to gather his belongings **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "May the...father...uh bless us in battle"
(1335) Morti: "Sorry, hope to ask later. Good bye." :Bows to Gespard and hurries to catch up.
(1324) Thom: (( back ))
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (I guess there are flames in the distance?"
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: )
(1323) DM: (no)
(1323) DM: (that's if you fail)
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: (to Morti) You don't want to know.
(1324) Thom: (( so, let's try not to fail... ))
** (1358) Danae gathers her things and hurries along as well. **
(1335) Morti: :in final note to Gespard: "Some knowledge you do not wish for, may give clues to knowledge you do wish for. Though I guess that's a shallow answer." :Shrugs and heads out:
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come on!"
** (1324) Thom makes a point of walking alongside Danae, or at least right near her, as they all head off to the battle. **
** (1358) Danae raises a brow at Thom. "What?" **
(1335) Morti: "Don't suppose they could lend us mounts to speed us along. What with our defending their lives and all"
** (1326) Atross just tries to keep up with the sudden action. **
(1323) DM: Gaspard directs you to the front of the town. Archers line the walls behind you, as backup.
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: May you succeed, with all the blessing of the Heavens above.
(1323) DM: You can hear the earth tremble and the walls vibrate slightly.
(1323) Gaspard du Nord: It comes!
** (1324) Zane draws out his rapier and looks for any trees in the area. **
** (1335) Morti , in the visage of a plain boy of fifteen, stares at the archers in curiousity. "Isn't trying to fight it a bad idea after what happened to that other army?" (figuring he asked what he missed on the way) "I mean, you should really evacuate, less you feed it more. right?" **
(1335) Morti: "Eh?" 0.o
(1326) Atross: "Morti, I think they may be for the 'backup plan'."
** (1335) Morti looks off to the distance as he tenses. **
(1324) Thom: (( anyway we can tell which way ity comes from exactly? ))
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "morti, give me your boots"
(1335) Morti: "Huh? Uh.. ok..." :pulls off his magical boots and hands them to the large man.
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade puts them on "How do I get them to work?" **
(1323) DM: (from the E)
** (1324) Thom looks to Atross. "Did you two get some fire to use?" **
(1335) Morti: "Eh?" :scratches his head, this time careful of the hat: "I dunno. I just kinda 'will it'."
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ok thank you"
(1323) DM: Suddenly, a head breaks through the wall of trees in forest in the distance. It is truly a colossus, rising over 200 feet tall, and covered in ashen gray skin, except for its head which is a gigantic death's head.
(1323) DM: It's hair seems to be moving.
(1324) Thom: "Oh crap..."
(1323) DM: The earth trembles...
(1335) Morti: "Woooaahhhh...." :stares gaping at the beast:
** (1358) Danae swallows nervously, "Ut-oh." **
(1324) Thom: (( trying to keep it PG rated... ))
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh war father shield me from this beast"
(1323) DM: It uproots a tree with one hand and whirls it high in the air, like a makeshift morningstar.
(1358) Danae: (( ~blood escapes the big censor bar as danae eviscerates Thom~ I tried. ))
(1323) DM: It strides over a small hill and makes its way to you, its head staring down at the frightened soldiers grinning with inevitable certainty.
(1324) Thom: "That's enough for me. Time to stop this thing." Thom takes off running toward the colossus, but not directly at it - but going to one side.
(1326) Atross: "To make it so huge, so many must have died."
** (1335) Morti grimaces at the sight, his breath catching as he tries to concieve such a horrid thing **
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade takes off into the air **
** (1358) Danae isn't sure at all what to do. **
(1323) DM: (init)
(1326) Atross: (drawing the borrowed mace)"This must be a blessed weapon. Good luck, Rainur."
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(1323) DM: (it's 300' away from your present position, but moves at a rate of 50' per round.)
(1324) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(1335) Morti: init: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
(1326) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [19,5] = (24)
(1358) Danae: Init:: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
(1335) Morti: (how far to the fields?)
(1326) Atross: (I don't suppose that powder is very aerodynamic...)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(1324) Thom: (( most liekly not... ))
(1323) DM: (right in front of you. the town is surrounded by fields.)
(1323) DM: (24, Atr)
(1326) Atross: "As long as it's so far away, let's get its attention."
** (1326) Atross using his bow fires an arrow at the distant colossity **
(1326) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+13-4] -> [11,13,-4] = (20)
** (1326) Atross moves in towards the opposite direction from Thom, hoping to split its focus. **
(1326) Atross: (End)
(1323) DM: (23, the colossus)
(1324) Thom: (( oh, wow... on a 23.... ))
(1335) Morti: (he's faster for a big guy)
(1323) DM: It moves to you. Perched on its right shoulder can be seen a man swathed in black robes in the throes of casting a spell.
(1323) DM: (well I rolled high.)
(1323) DM: (17, Mort)
** (1335) Morti pulls a bit of licorice root from his pouch, waving it around muttering arcane murmurs before biing off a bit of the root with a snap, which echoes in your ears, (haste all) **
(1335) Morti: (done)
(1335) Morti: "Shouldn't we move out to intercept or something?"
(1323) DM: (17, Dan)
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade comes back towards the ground "The wizard is on his shoulder. Shoot him or around him first!" **
(1326) Atross: "Consider it done."
(1335) Morti: "I can hit him with a missile if he's a bit closer"
** (1358) Danae moves forward, wrapping her holy symbol around the same hand that carries her spear. (Im going to move up 50 and ready to cast spiritual weapon at the mage when it gets within 170ft.) **
(1323) DM: (16, Rain)
(1323) DM: (it's 250 away now)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: Holds until mage is close enough to hit with a flame arrow (70 ft)
(1323) DM: (less than 250 I mean)
(1324) Thom: (( How much does Haste increase our base speed by? ))
(1335) Morti: (how high's the town wall?)
(1323) DM: (75' high)
(1335) Morti: (they have any catapults that could say, toss a barbarian?)
(1323) DM: (3)
(1358) Danae: (( Danae would be willing try a catapulting, I have ring of featherfall, so I could stop my fall too :p ))
(1324) Thom: (( got it Morti, thanks. ))
(1323) DM: (I would say movement is increased by one and a half speed but not sure. PH says nothing.)
(1323) DM: (11, Thm)
** (1324) Thom suddenly feels as though he is faster and more agile, so he alters his previous plan and instead takes off running at what would be considered about a 60 degree angle from the colossus, off to the side. **
(1323) DM: (25, Atr)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: ((shit baby is crying BRB))
(1323) DM: (er I mean 24)
** (1326) Atross continues his angled approach now faster than before and fires again, this time at the perched wizard. **
(1326) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+13-4+1] -> [19,13,-4,1] = (29)
(1323) DM: (hit)
(1326) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(1324) Thom: (( Nice!! ))
(1323) DM: The wizard shrieks in pain, clutching his arm as he glares at you.
(1326) Atross: "He felt that one!"
(1323) DM: (23, the colossus)
(1323) DM: It throws the tree at Thom.
(1323) DM: (er I mean Atross)
(1324) Thom: (( aww... i haven't even done anything, yet... ))
(1326) Atross: (naturally)
(1324) Zane: (( ahh, makes more sense. ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+36] -> [13,36] = (49)
(1323) DM: (AC 31)
(1326) Atross: (hits)
** (1326) Atross yells as the tree's in bound "Gonna feel this one!" **
(1323) DM: (correction, haste improves Base speed by 10 feet. but looking it up)
(1335) Morti: (no, base speed by 30', phb 3.5)
(1326) Atross: (haste is by 30 feet, to a max of double)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d20+16] -> [7,8,16] = (31)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d20+16] -> [15,19,16] = (50)
(1323) DM: The colossus heaves the oak it was whirling in the air at Atross (AC 31). It flies through the air and smashes Atross into the earth with a sickening crunch (50 damage). (Fort save from massive damage.)
(1335) Morti: (.... ouch ...)
(1324) Thom: (( yeah.... ))
(1323) DM: (17, Mort)
** (1335) Morti stares out to the wizard on the shoulder of the beast. Taking careful aim. Rolling a dart's point from his pouch in a concoction, he raises up, lines the shot and lets loose with a hurl a glistening spear of liquid sheen rushing for the riding man. Acid Arrow: Ranged touch: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15) **
(1326) Atross: Fortitude: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
(1323) DM: (correction: haste will improve base speed by 30' up to twice the normal max.)
(1335) Morti: (hit?)
(1323) DM: (ok)
(1335) Morti: (if that's a yes...) acid damage: [2d4] -> [4,4] = (8)
(1335) Morti: (nuce, and another 2d4 damage next round)
(1323) DM: (ok)
** (1335) Morti then heads up the wall for a better firing range **
(1335) Morti: (done)
(1323) DM: (Atr, you're also pinned by the tree. You'll need help to get out.)
(1323) DM: (17, Dan)
** (1358) Danae moves over to Atross, the enchantment of her boots and morti's spell making her seem to flow over the terrain like quicksilver. She begins calling on the favor of Oneiros, hoping some divine energy can reach her through the division of planes. (I have a 70' movement speed, if I can make it to him I will cast a cure moderate wounds spell on him) **
(1358) Danae: [2d8+7] -> [6,2,7] = (15) in case
(1323) DM: (range is touch so if you can find him, then he's healed)
(1395) Dirk (enter): 00:06
(1323) DM: (his head is sticking out from under the tree)
(1335) Morti: (not hard to find the guy that just got whacked with a tree.... o,0 )
** (1326) Atross is trying to get free of the tree. **
(1326) Atross: "You don't want to know how much this weighs."
(1395) Dirk (exit): 00:08
** (1358) Danae laughs slightly, her laughter sounding like the tinkling glass despite her best efforts to sound manly :p. She calls down the favour of Oneiros, the dark luminescence building between her hand and Atross's face. She nods after the spell is done, "Let's try to get you out from under here.." **
(1358) Danae: (done.)
(1323) DM: (16, Rain)
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade bolts out to get behind the collossus at a blinding speed **
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade runs at an unhuman speed **
(1335) Morti: (unhuman a word?)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (dunno but it is a barbarian word)
(1323) DM: (alfred, I need an action from you besides movement, otherwise indicate you're done.)
(1412) Fintaromir (enter): 00:14
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (can I attack it from behind...if so yes if not that is my action)
(1412) Fintaromir (exit): 00:14
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade attacks if he is able to get behind it **
(1323) DM: (yes)
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade unleashes a fury of attacks on the collossus's heel **
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [9,11] = (20)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+7] -> [17,7] = (24)
(1323) DM: (all hits)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+13] -> [16,13] = (29)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(1323) DM: total it up please.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: 44 damage
(1323) DM: (lightly wounded)
(1323) DM: (11, Thm)
** (1324) Thom realizes that he ran much further than he tought he would, so he turns his angle some, and runs again, trying to get in line with the colossus, but right now still a way off to the side of it. **
(1324) Thom: (( that's it... ))
(1323) DM: (11, the wizard)
(1323) DM: A ball of ebony flames hurls down from the creature's shoulder, smashing into the town walls and setting a tower afire.
(1323) DM: (25, Atr)
** (1326) Atross tries to get out from under the tree. **
(1326) Atross: Strength: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
** (1326) Atross makes a futile struggle. **
(1323) DM: (23, the colossus)
(1323) DM: It moves closer to Vyones and is now 200' from the town's walls. You can see that it's hair is a seething mass of maggots and larvae. Clumps of larvae fall to the ground and bury themselves into the earth.
(1323) DM: (17, Mort)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: "Give me Strength War Father!"
(1335) Morti: [2d4] -> [2,4] = (6) acid damage to the wizard as the spell from last round runs it's course. then...
** (1335) Morti rushes to the top of the wall, greeting the archers with an all too friendly, "Hello." Then picking a position he readies his dart once more, aims for the wizard and fires off another acid bolt. Acid Arrow: Ranged Touch: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19) **
(1323) DM: (ok)
(1335) Morti: [2d4] -> [3,4] = (7)
(1335) Morti: (and once more next round. ^_^ done.)
(1323) DM: The wizard collapses and the colossus immediately goes berserk.
(1323) DM: (17, Dan)
(1324) Thom: (( wow... ))
(1358) Danae: (are me and Atross well out of the way or what?
(1323) DM: (yes)
(1335) Morti: "Eh?" :seeing the beast go crazy-like: "I think that may have been a bad idea."
(1326) Atross: (It's like, 90 feet farther from the walls than us, and to one side)
(1335) Morti: (the wizard still on its shoulder, like half dead, or did he drop?)
(1326) Atross: "Maybe it's because the wizard is dying. It's like a cornered rat."
** (1358) Danae looks up, not thinking she will be able to get the tree off of him. She looks over the positions of everyone on the battlefield, "C'mon, Rainur! You've got to get up there!" **
(1358) Danae: (( ive got nothing ))
(1358) Danae: (( delay ))
(1323) DM: (he dropped, not sure if he's dead or not)
(1323) DM: (16, Rain)
(1335) Morti: (dropping 200' feet. unless he's slowed that's pretty dead)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [7,12] = (19)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+14] -> [20,14] = (34)
(1323) DM: (no, he dropped/collapsed, not to the ground.)
(1335) Morti: (that's what I was asking)
(1323) DM: (all hits, total the damage please. you realize this is the long way.)
(1335) Morti: (yeah, but the short way looks scary)
(1324) Thom: (( no - the long way is me, running around... ;) ))
(1323) DM: (immune to critical hits btw)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (the last one is full damage? )
(1323) DM: (just roll it please)
(1326) Atross: "Not sure if he can hear me out there, but if he's really chopping at its foot, maybe he could apply some powder to it."
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: 49 pts
(1323) DM: 48 damage by my count. (lightly wounded)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: ok
(1323) DM: (11, Thm)
** (1324) Thom runs at the beast, coming from the side of it, and a little behind it. As he nears, he calls forth the ability of his blade, which erupts into flame. **
(1323) DM: The blade explodes with a loud bang and bursts forth into blazes, appearing like an incandescent star.
(1324) Thom: (( purty light.... ))
(1421) Digit3000 (enter): 00:36
(1421) Digit3000 (exit): 00:36
(1324) Thom: (( well, this has gotten interesting... ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] -> [1,5] = (6)
** (1358) Danae makes for a quick line to the walls, figuring that she could be of some use there. (taking my action, full move at 70ft movement speed) **
** (1324) Thom grits his teeth, and holds onto his blade, even though he can feel it burning him some. He makes a single attack on the beast, hoping that the flames hurt it more than they hurt him. **
(1324) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [4,3] = (7) normal and [1d6] -> [6] = (6) fire damage
(1323) DM: (fire dmg is doubled)
(1324) Thom: (( wait, do i also get an extra attack from haste/ ))
** (1358) Danae catches sight of the catapults, and yells out "Aim those things at it!" **
(1358) Danae: (( only when you full attack ))
(1326) Atross: ((Yes, since you're doing nothing else)
(1323) DM: (lightly wounded)
(1335) Morti: (only on a full attack round)
(1324) Thom: (( hmm, two answers from three people. DM? ))
(1323) DM: (only when you full attack)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (yes a second attack since that is all you are doing)
(1358) Danae: (( he moved, though ))
(1324) Zane: (( ok - so no since I moved. Done then. ))
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (He did?)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: ((ok))
(1324) Thom: (( yeah, I was about 187 feet away... ))
(1326) Atross: ((Wow, this is still his same turn? Type faster, K?)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: ((LOL))
(1324) Thom: (( sorry Atross, by fault. had to figure out what was happening with my sword. ))
(1324) Thom: (( *my ))
(1323) DM: (24, Atr)
** (1326) Atross tries to squeeze out this time **
(1326) Atross: Escape Artist: [1d20+5-2] -> [11,5,-2] = (14)
(1323) DM: (nope)
(1323) DM: (23, the colossus)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: shit baby is crying again
(1323) DM: It's making a beeline for the walls, and clearly moving faster than before. It grabs a handful of its "hair" and flings it at the walls. Maggots bury into the walls, the earth and the ground. Any that strike soldiers burrow into their flesh. Screams fill the air from soldiers in agony.
(1323) DM: (17, Mort)
(1386) Alric (enter): 00:46
(1324) Thom: (( how far did it move? ))
(1335) Morti: [2d4] -> [4,1] = (5) acid damage to the wizard once more, if he's still alive. then...
(1323) DM: (75' at least.)
** (1335) Morti looks looks about at the affected soldiers **
(1323) DM: (it's now 125' or so from the walls, within striking range of its reach.)
(1335) Morti: (can the parasites still be stopped?)
(1323) DM: Soldiers collapse, keening on the walls, from where the larvae struck their skin. Several die instantly.
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: sorry guys have a sick 2 year old
(1323) DM: (requires aid per soldier, or you can incinerate all of them. :) )
(1386) Brand (exit): 00:49
(1335) Morti: ( nod sure about incinerating anyone yet)
(1323) DM: (17, Dan)
(1358) Danae: (( how is my progress? ))
(1335) Morti: (delay)
(1358) Danae: (( let me know when I get there, otherwise I keep moving to them ))
** (1358) Danae moves alot. **
(1335) Morti: (btw... the wizard still on the shoulder after the final acid damage?)
(1323) DM: (next round)
(1323) DM: (not moving, Mort)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: no what about Rainur?
(1358) Danae: (( ok ))
(1323) DM: (16, Rain)
(1323) DM: (you have a sick two year old. if you're not at the keyboard when its your turn to go, I'm skipping you. you know this.)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: levitates upward to get enough distance to chuck the postion onto the head of the colossus
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: powder
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13)
(1323) DM: (ok. and you miss)
(1323) DM: (11, Thm)
** (1324) Zane charges the beast and attacks it with a firey assualt. **
(1324) Zane: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+11+2] -> [9,11,2] = (22) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [4,3] = (7) normal and [1d6] -> [4] = (4) fire damage
(1323) DM: (seriously wounded)
(1324) Zane: (( trying to keep it distracted.... ))
(1323) DM: (24, Atr)
(1326) Atross: Escape Artist: [1d20+5-2] -> [4,5,-2] = (7) *
(1323) DM: (nope)
(1323) DM: (23, the colossus)
(1326) Atross: "I can't even relax and watch the fight"
(1323) DM: First, it attempts to grab at Rainur.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+36] -> [10,36] = (46)
(1323) DM: (AC 46)
(1324) Thom: (( wow! Is it even a question? ))
(1323) DM: Then it throws him into the side of the keep.
(1323) DM: (I mean wall)
(1335) Morti: (not a question.. just wanted to impress us)
(1324) Thom: (( well - it worked. ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6+10] -> [6,3,6,2,5,2,5,2,4,6,10] = (51)
(1323) DM: (51 impact damage, Fort save from massive damage pls)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
(1323) DM: Next, it takes its other fist and punches a hole through the town walls.
(1323) DM: Rainur dies.
(1335) Morti: (uh oh...)
(1323) DM: Soldiers fall from the walls like confetti.
(1335) Morti: (how close is it?)
(1323) DM: (11, Thm)
(1324) Thom: (( well, apparently we did need a severn person party... ))
(1323) DM: ((he was quite close))
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade found the F8 macro key **
(1335) Morti: (skipped me)
** (1324) Zane waits to see whose turn it actually is.... **
(1358) Danae: (( not meaning to be a pest, but since he was already levitating, could he not've slowed himself any? Just a thought. ))
(1323) DM: (sorry. 17, Mort)
(1323) DM: (well that's up to the player to say so.)
** (1335) Morti bites practically through his lip. Pointing out his finger he hisses out quick orders and three sapphire bolts of energy fly off. (magic missile) **
(1335) Morti: One at the wizard, just to be sure (1d4+1]. And two at the beast [Bad dice format] - [][2d4+2] -> [2,4,2] = (8)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (Rainur was levitating)
(1335) Morti: [Bad dice format] - [1e4+1]
(1335) Morti: [1d4+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
(1335) Morti: (levitating does not hinder side to side movement. Think skipping a stone)
(1323) DM: Townsfolk begin fleeing Vyones in terror. What remaining archers on the walls fire at will at the colossus. Catapults are readied to fling pitchers of boiling oil at it.
(1323) DM: (seriously wounded)
(1323) DM: (17, Dan)
(1358) Danae: (does that mean there are pitchers of boiling oil in the catapults?)
(1323) DM: (yes...)
** (1358) Danae runs up, cursing as she notices the catapults are already laden. She turns to one of the crewmen, "I need to fly, and I need this catapult to do it!" **
(1323) DM: Not hard to notice or figure out.
(1323) DM: (mistell)
(1323) DM: They quickly comply.
(1323) DM: (which will be ready next round)
(1323) DM: (11, Thm)
** (1324) Zane attacks with a firey assualt. **
** (1358) Danae helps. **
(1324) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [3,3] = (6) normal and [1d6] -> [1] = (1) fire damage
(1324) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+11] -> [16,11] = (27) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4) normal and [1d6] -> [2] = (2) fire damage
(1324) Thom: (( ok, not much fire in those firey attacks... ))
(1323) DM: (seriously wounded. have a long long way to go before it reaches 0.)
(1323) DM: (25, Atr)
(1324) Zane: (( yeah, but it's about all i got.... ))
** (1326) Atross thinks small thoughts **
(1326) Atross: Escape Artist: [1d20+5-2] -> [17,5,-2] = (20) *
(1323) DM: (made it)
(1324) Thom: (( yea! ))
** (1326) Atross extricates himself from the tree surveying the carnage as he rejoins the fight **
(1335) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22)
(1323) DM: (23, the colossus)
(1323) DM: It destroys the other tower and then tears apart the town wall as if it were parchment.
(1323) DM: (17, Mort)
(1323) DM: (not every day I can destroy a town lol)
** (1335) Morti angered over the carnage, brings his hands together in a fanning motion, trying to keep the beasts attention a moment as a sheet of blue flame levels at it's groin region(I assume) **
(1335) Morti: Burning hands: [2d4] -> [2,3] = (5)
(1323) DM: (seriously wounded)
(1323) DM: (17, Dan)
** (1358) Danae hops up into the bowl of the catapult, shining blond hair catching light as she looks up from her crouch, eyeing the collosus as she draws some powder from the pouch. She doesn't stop to think of what she does, lest fear overcome her. With a steady breath, she slices her free hand forward, "Let fly!" she yells, a moment later the catapult rises with great power to launch her into the air, her teeth clenched in concentration... [1d20+6] -> [6,6] = (12) **
(1358) Danae: (( +2 for charging? hehe ))
** (1335) Morti braces for quite possible death **
** (1324) Thom sees a form take a quick flight through the air at the colossus, and he prays for the best. **
(1335) Morti: (figure it would be a touch attack, and with the size... might make it)
(1358) Danae: (( not to mention sheer surprise of someone being catapulted at you ))
(1323) DM: (and you miss)
(1335) Morti: (DOh!!)
(1358) Danae: (( oh, +1 for haste, if that means anything ))
(1323) DM: (you need slightly more than that.)
(1358) Danae: (( grr ))
(1323) DM: However, you do land on its shoulder if that means something....
(1335) Morti: (don't suppose he has an ac penalty for berserk, ala barbarian...)
(1323) DM: (and you need to make a Reflex save or fall)
(1358) Danae: Reflex: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(1326) Atross: (Since you're moving horizontally much faster than vertically probably, and it's all icky too)
(1323) DM: (not the PC's day. you fall 150'.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [15d6] -> [3,2,4,6,5,1,2,2,6,4,4,6,1,6,2] = (54)
(1358) Danae: (( i was thinking of going past it, but yeah, ring of featherfall, 60 ft. a round ))
(1358) Danae: (( and i wont take damage ))
(1323) DM: ((ok))
(1323) DM: (11, Thm)
** (1324) Thom has no better ideas, so he continues to chop at the beast's leg once again, before moving off, knowing that the oil should fly soon. **
(1324) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [5,3] = (8) normal and [1d6] -> [1] = (1) fire damage
(1335) Morti: :shaking with peril, he calls to the soldiers: "Get that thing ready for the next shot!"
** (1324) Thom then moves off to the side, hoping that the catapults can stop it. **
(1324) Thom: (( done... ))
(1323) DM: (seriously wounded)
(1323) DM: (25, Atr)
(1326) Atross: "Well, everyone else has tried something odd already..."
** (1326) Atross tries tying a bag with powder to an arrow. **
(1323) DM: (ding!)
(1335) Morti: (round two?)
(1326) Atross: (I was unfortunately treed earlier)
(1323) DM: (any more, Atr?)
(1326) Atross: (How long does that take, anyway?)
(1324) Zane: (( well - yeah, good idea for the archer.... he just couldn't do it before because he is too good and hit the wizard first round. ))
(1326) Atross: (Well, I fire it when I'm done)
(1323) DM: (ok, next round to fire then)
(1323) DM: (23, the colossus)
(1335) Morti: (gulp)
(1323) DM: It continues destroying the town walls.
(1323) DM: (17, Mort)
** (1335) Morti climbs into the catapult seat, trembling, pouch in hand, setting moiraine down. With a nod to the gunners he's shot off and once in range, tosses the pouch faceward and tries to grab onto some part of the beast on the way down. Ranged touch: [1d20+5] -> [3,5] = (8) **
(1335) Morti: (argh!!!)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (man, these dice are out of control tonight)
(1335) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
(1323) DM: (so you land on its other shoulder.)
(1335) Morti: (pre-emptive reflex)
(1323) DM: (17, Dan)
** (1358) Danae continues to float down. **
(1323) DM: (that's 2 doses left, fyi)
(1323) DM: (11, Thm)
(1358) Danae: (( it makes sense that each of us had a dose ))
(1324) Zane: (( So, with the walls being destroyed, are all of the catapults still up? And are any of them in a not launched position (i.e. hopefully loaded with the burning oil) ))
(1323) DM: (one, and loaded, yes.)
(1323) DM: (anything?)
** (1324) Thom wishes his blade extinquished as he continues to move away from the beast. he runs into town and tries to look for a high up place to attack the beast from once and if it gets past the walls. **
(1323) DM: (25, Atr)
** (1326) Atross moves as close as is safe and fires the hopefully downing arrow **
(1326) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+13] -> [15,13] = (28)
(1323) DM: (a definite hit)
(1326) Atross: (And you can tell me or not tell me what having a bag of powder on an arrow does, I don't know)
(1322) Rainur Swiftblade: (finally the good dice karma is back)
(1326) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
(1323) DM: The arrow flies into the creature's death's head mouth, and splinters apart. Instantly its load of powder disintegrates into a black cloud that swiftly encases the colossus in a gray haze and instantly dissolves it into a pillar of ash that's borne away in the wind.
(1335) Morti: ( cross fingers that the bag on arrow trick works)
(1323) DM: Morti and the necromancer's corpse are unceremoniously dumped to the ground, but do not fall.
** (1335) Morti rides the necromancer's body like a sled down the decaying corpse mountain **
** (1326) Atross looks around for the others, and anyone that can still be helped. **
** (1324) Thom turns to the sight at the sound of cheering from the survivors (I assume they would...) **
(1323) DM: (pretty much had to dish out another 170+ points of damage to kill it the long way)
(1326) Atross: "Is anyone not dead?"
(1324) Thom: (( even if only briefly... ))
(1323) DM: There are survivors, and a ragged cheer breaks out.
** (1324) Thom heads over to Morti and the necromancer. **
(1335) Morti: (doh... didn't think the arrow trick would work. Figured it'd have to be direct application. Never assume.)
** (1358) Danae touches the ground gracefully, running off to the tower that Rainur was tossed into, wasting no time. **
(1324) Thom: (( well - be glad that it did... ))
** (1335) Morti shakes himself off from to the trauma and looks around. Seeing Thom, he asks, "Am I dead?" **
(1335) Morti: :Sitting on necromancer corpse:
(1324) Thom: "No Morti, far from it, are you ok?" Thom answers, but he keeps an eye on the necromancer's body.
** (1326) Atross follows Danae, to try to be of help. **
** (1324) Thom reaches down to help Morti stand. **
** (1335) Morti nods, sitting in silence a moment, before suddenly charging off, past Thom's helping hand, to seek out Rainur. **
** (1322) Rainur Swiftblade lies in a pool of blood with neck broken and bone protruding outward from his skull **
** (1324) Thom turns the body of the necromancer face up, knowing there is nothing that he can do for Rainur. **
** (1335) Morti freezes in horror at the sight. "Ra... rain... " Swallowing the lump in his throat he stares on. **
(1326) Atross: "Oh. Rainur...?"
(1326) Atross: "That.. can't be him. Rainur can't die. I've seen how he fights."
** (1358) Danae gasps, shutting her eyes tightly, even as she stepped closer, dropping down to a knee and slowly looking once more at the corpse, almost as if the outcome would somehow be different. "O-oneiros, guard his s-soul, bless his f-fate." She says softly, choking slightly as she speaks. **
** (1335) Morti shambles toward the body morosely and kneels down. Tears quickly coming as he sniffles pitifully. Raising his hands he begins a prayer to the warfather that Rainur had taught him. **
** (1326) Atross stares at the body, trying to find some proof that it's someone else.
**

(1326) Atross: "The... the..."
** (1324) Thom uncerimonously uses his blade and cuts the head off the necromancer. "Such evil..." **
(1326) Atross: "Damn it. I'm alive; he can't be dead. It just doesn't seem possible. This is some cruel joke, right?"
** (1324) Zane thens looks around, seeing if he can find Gaspard anywhere. **
** (1326) Atross lets himself fall onto his back. **
(1326) Atross: "I don't hear anyone laughing."
(1326) Atross: "It's no joke after all."
(1326) Atross: "Another good warrior is dead."
(1323) DM: You find Gaspard lying on his back, clutching his heart and gasping for breath.
(1326) Atross: "War Father, take good care of him."
** (1324) Thom runs over to Gaspard, calling out for any nearby healer. **
** (1335) Morti barely finishes the prayer through his choking voice and grips his knees trying to stifle his sorrow as he pinches his eyes closed **
(1324) Thom: "Hold on Gaspard, hold on"
** (1324) Thom calls out even louder, saying "Gaspard needs a healer," hoping it will bring someone. **
** (1358) Danae hears Thom call out, and with a final gesture, closing Rainur's eyes, she stands up, and jogs towards Garaspard and the yelling locksmith. **
** (1323) Gaspard du Nord gasps for air and clutches something in his hand. "Take...take...this and go to...Sylaire. May Heaven be....with..." **
** (1324) Thom comments to Danae, as she approaches, "Be careful - it was those insects..." **
** (1323) Gaspard du Nord dies and lets his hand drop. **
** (1324) Thom reaches down to his hand, grabbing what he had, and his hand, holding it. **
(1324) Thom: (( or not... ))
(1323) DM: Inside is a crystal mirror encircled by an amber viper eating its own tail.
** (1324) Thom kneels down, and pulls forth what Gaspard was holding. **
** (1324) Zane places the mirror in his sack, knowing it will be needed, but not wanting to flash it around now. **
(1323) DM: On it's reverse is inscribed "To Gaspard, my son. With love, Etienne."
** (1358) Danae clenches her fist, just moments too late. She peers over at what Thom holds, eyes widening slightly. She shakes her head, clutching the worn silver holy symbol againt her chest. "Atleast something more than death and ruin came of this.." **
(1324) Thom: "But what? Very little more came of this." He then catches just how sad Danae is. "Rainur?"
** (1358) Danae shakes her head. "Gone, probably on impact.." **
** (1324) Thom lets his head fall. He mutters a little to himself before forcing himself to stand and walk over to the rest of the group. **
** (1326) Atross manages to get himself back off the ground. **
** (1324) Thom reaches where the others sit and stand around a still Rainur. **
** (1324) Thom just stands, not knowing what to say.
**

** (1335) Morti rubs his eyes clean on the back of his sleeve. Looking at the corpse once more, he mutters determinately, "Evain..." Suddenly hopping up, tears still streaming he rushes off, trying to find where the arcbishop is kept **
(1324) Thom: "Wha?" Thom asks as he sees Morti rush away.
(1445) matd (enter): 02:10
(1323) DM: (20 minute warning)
(1326) Atross: "I wonder if he would be raised. I think there's still something important he wanted to do."
** (1324) Thom takes off after Morti, not sure where the little one is headed. **
(1324) Thom: "Morti! Where are you going?"
(1326) Atross: "Maybe heaven'll have pity on this warrior, far from home."
(1326) Atross: "Let's find that priest. He deserves a proper service for his deeds."
(1335) Morti: :Calls back as he runs: "The Archbishop! He's a powerful cleric, right? He might be able to save Rainur!" :rushes about asking the guards where to find the holy man:
** (1324) Thom nods to the back of Morti's head and sticks with the mage, trying to help him track down the archbishop/ **
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: He was recalled this morning to Ximes.
(1324) Thom: "What? With that Colossus attacking, he left?"
(1335) Morti: "N-no..." gapes at the acolyte in disbelief.
(1335) Morti: "I-is there anyone else in this town who can call on the power of your god?"
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: It was not of his doing. His Grace, the Archbishop Azerdac recalled my lord to Ximes, for trial.
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: I am but a humble acolyte, friend. There are priests to be sure, but none so powerful or learned as my lord of Vyones.
** (1324) Thom pauses, having heard of Azedarc. he lets Morti ask the questions, and tries to memorize the acolyte's face so he can talk to him later. **
(1335) Morti: :asks unsurely: "Can any of them.. revive the dead?"
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: Only my lord could. (looks down) I am sorry. I had heard you were defending our town.
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: If there are those who need healing, I can take you to Levanne, but I am afraid that none here can raise the dead.
(1335) Morti: "In Levanne there is someone who can do it?"
(1324) Thom: "Is Levanne your best healer then?
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: Father Levanne is a skilled healer, friend.
** (1326) Atross arrives late, having left after the Thom and Morti. **
(1324) Thom: "Then please, take us to him, quickly"
(1445) matd (exit): 02:20
** (1335) Morti chews his already bleeding lip. "Well... is there such a priest in the traversable distance?" **
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: Only an Archbishop can raise the dead, friend, and the only two in this land are Azerdac and my lord, His Grace, Evain.
(1335) Morti: "Well... how far is ximes?"
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: A week by horse.
(1326) Atross: "So you really want to try to raise him. We'll need some way to take him with us."
(1335) Morti: "If we leave immediately, we may still catch Evain en route."
(1335) Morti: "There has to be somewhere in this town to get horses and a cart." :to the priest: "Any suggestions?"
(1323) Cathedral acolyte: The stables, or the market?
(1335) Morti: "Direction please." :fidgeting, obviously in a rush:
(1323) DM: (ok, might as well stop here then.)
(1448) No Name (enter): 02:25
(1323) DM: We'll start here next time.
(1324) Zane: Sounds like a good place.
(1358) Danae: yessir


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms