Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(7) DM: ok, who remembers from a month ago? lol
(1) Thom: (( Atross!! Where are you?? ))
(1) Thom: (( We were all sleeping (except Morti
and myself - who had left and missed seeing Etienne. ))
(1) Thom: (( As I remember at least... ))
(11) Morti: (we just beat an amber golem and
returned to the library to rest up since he verily raped us... figuratively speaking)
(5) Miragon: i remember a little, but it doesnt really matter from
Miragons perspective since he's not mentally there
(7) DM: ((ok, so the consensus is to explore
instead of going through the gate, correct?))
(5) Miragon: (i raped him you mean, :p)
(1) Thom: (( That's got my vote. ))
(11) Morti: (right.. mutual raping)
(10) Danae: (( almost makes it consentual ))
(7) DM: (Alfred?)
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: back
(7) DM: (all right.)
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: (Yes)
(7) DM: You waken in the morning, or what
passes for the morning in the chateau. Claude is studying a prayer book
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bonjour
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Did I say that
** (1) Thom pulls his pack around and pears inside,
then seemingly content, places it on his back as he stands. **
** (5) Miragon rouses and lets out a loud yawn as
he scratches his head. **
** (11) Morti sits at the desk, numerous books
scattered open about him as he scribbles notes. He's obviously tired from his
effort, yet wasting no time as he worked through the night **
** (5) Miragon 's stomach lets out a growl louder
than the mightiest drake as he looks around for something tasty. **
(7) Claude d'Amberville: Oui, somewhat.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Good morning
priestess Danae...how was your slumber?"
** (7) Claude d'Amberville appears to have no
recollection of being murdered by his brother. **
** (10) Danae sits up in the corner she slept in,
praying softly, fingering the beads of her holy symbol as she recites long
complex prayers, rote plees to Onerios mixed with heartfelt sentiment. When she
is done, she feels more blessed that she has been previously. She stands up
slowly, pushing feathery blonde hair from piercing blue eyes. "Oneiros has
shown favor on us.. I think I can perhaps help you, Rainur." **
** (1) Thom finally notices that Claude is alive -
very different from how Thom had last seen him. "What?" **
(11) Morti: :Miragon's stomache rouses
Morti's attention for a moment, and glancing the the towering figure, the boy
grabs up a piece of the salted pork laid on the table for him and Moiraine to
snack on and holds it to the warrior
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Can you help my
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade points to Miragon **
(7) Claude d'Amberville: Mmmhmm. Perhaps.
(glances up) What seems to be the problem?
** (10) Danae rubs her chin, "I'm not
** (5) Miragon eyes glimmer through his large helm,
and he snatches the thing off and reaches for Morti's treat. It's gone in a
single bite, followed by a large grin from the big oaf's face. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "He has lost his
senses Msr. Claude...perhaps a spell"
(1) Thom: "How did you? What?" Thom
shakes his head. "Never mind. It's another example of 'With magic, all
things are possible' I guess."
** (7) Claude d'Amberville puts down the prayer
book and walks over to where Miragon is sitting. **
** (11) Morti offers aweak grin to the man from a
hideous face and pats him on teh shoulder before returning to his studies **
(7) Claude d'Amberville: He seems to be fine. I
see you have returned from your sojourn into the basement. Did you find what
you were seeking?
** (10) Danae moves to inspect Miragon as well..
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Non...we must go
** (5) Miragon glances up at Danae and stares at
her blankly. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Danae, he is in
desperate need of your help"
(10) Danae: (( can I determine what sort of
damage is done to him? ))
(10) Danae: (( would a remove curse do it? ))
(11) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check:
[1d20+13] -> [18,13] = (31)
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Please see what
you can do...I must give thanks to the War Father who has kept me alive to
** (1) Thom studies Claude while he moves around,
and then after a moment Thom relaxes. **
(11) Morti: :for his studieds, Morti speaks,
"You have to kill Simon to break Miragon's curse"
(7) DM: ((not really))
** (5) Miragon growls at the mention of Simon's
name and slams his flail into the wall. **
(7) DM: ((if you recall, he became like this
after following through on Marie-Helene's reading.))
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade begins to chant and pray
(10) Danae: (( yeah ))
** (11) Morti flinches at the giant's outburst and
stands to calm him, "Relax, Miragon.. He's not here" **
whispering to Ashoroth, one of the PCs has an
Int of 2 atm
** (5) Miragon looks around angrily but relaxes and
tugs at Morti. **
whispering to Ashoroth, permanently or until
** (11) Morti rubs Miragon's shoulder to calm him
while explaining, "I read it last night. Simon made the deck. Killing him
ends it's curse" **
(10) Danae: "And he won't die until we
break the curse of the d'Ambervilles.."
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: ::as Rainur prays, the
faint sound of the hooves striking the ground can be heard circling around him
and a faint mist can be seen circling his head::
** (5) Miragon lowers his head and sighs almost
seeming to understand his fate. **
(1) Thom: :to Morti "Would that also break
the magic of Marie-Helene's other readings?
(11) Morti: :nods: "I mean, there are
powerful magics that could also break the curse but... nothing we have at the
(10) Danae: "A miracle, eh?"
(11) Morti: : to thom: "A figure it
will undo what spells they have wrought, which it is not too late to."
** (11) Morti nods to Danae **
** (1) Thom nods to morti in understanding. **
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade comes out of his trance
after a while and looks a bit more confident "The War Father has been good
to me" **
(1) Thom: "So, are we ready to go find
Gaston and get on with this?"
** (10) Danae slips up onto the table, rubbing her
terrible looking bruises. She prays softly, the cool healing energy running
between her fingers, focused into her body as chill shadowy nimbus surrounds
her for a moment. [2d8+7] -> [7,3,7] = (17) **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "May my blade
strike true in your name, oh Father"
** (10) Danae looks to Rainur, "I cannot help
him, yet.. if you did not hear..." **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is a
pity...I do not like to see my people suffer"
(7) Claude d'Amberville: (looks up with alarm
at the sound of Gaston's name)
(7) Claude d'Amberville: What do you want with
** (11) Morti begins straightening up all the of
the books he's left laying open, meticulously replacing them where he found
them on the shelves before packing up his own belongings **
(1) Thom: "We still need his help."
** (7) Claude d'Amberville sits up straight,
(10) Danae: "But perhaps-" She stops
at Claude's outburst.
(10) Danae: "What's wrong?"
(7) Claude d'Amberville: You don't. He is not
to be trusted.
(11) Morti: :Holding a stack of books in
hand: "Who in this house is to be trusted? ...er.."
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Please explain
to us your fear."
(11) Morti: "Present company
(1) Thom: "No one else will aid us, he is
the last option."
(11) Morti: :koff: Returns to fixing the
(7) Claude d'Amberville: It is....complicated.
Gaston is a member of our family who suffered an accident as a child and who has
never fully recovered. He became a mage of great renown and chose to use his
power for ill. He is not to be trusted, even more than Simon.
** (1) Thom reaches his hand into his backpack and
holds it there. **
** (7) Claude d'Amberville seems uncomfortable
discussing this subject and loosens his collar. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Then how will we
get through the gate my lord"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "If it is not he,
then there is no other"
(7) Claude d'Amberville: You can if you have
the proper number of keys and you have defeated the guardian.
(1) Thom: "But what about being told we
needed a d'Amberville to defeat the guardian?
(7) Claude d'Amberville: Who told you that?
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "The rest of your
** (10) Danae laughs **
(7) Claude d'Amberville: And you believed them?
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "It seemed to be
a constant theme my lord"
(1) Thom: "A few different ones had the
** (7) Claude d'Amberville picks up the prayer book
and retreats to a lounge chair. **
** (10) Danae continues laughing, laying her arms
on the table and sitting her head amongst her arms, laughing and then sobbing
softly, "I hate this place." **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is wrong
(7) Claude d'Amberville: Most interesting. But
please believe me when I say that he is not worth the trouble to find, much
less talk to. All lies spouting from his heretical mouth.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Danae?"
(11) Morti: :placing in the final book from
his arm load, he offers somberly to Danaer: "I figure the residents are
too fond of it either." :Grins: "Be stronger than them please. I'd
hate to see you so crazed too," :Stands and retrieves some more scattered
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade walks over to her **
(11) Morti: ( Aren't to fond rather)
(7) Claude d'Amberville: You have slain the
golem, what other course of action do you need?
** (5) Miragon stands up and puts his helm back on
as he walks to the door and peers outside. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "was that the
guardian my lord?"
(7) Claude d'Amberville: The guardian of the
** (7) Claude d'Amberville returns to reading the
prayer book. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah..so we can
exit this place to your world now...What are we waiting for gorup?"
(11) Morti: brb
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: group
** (10) Danae stands up, facing away from the
others, "I know... I know.. leave me be.." She rubs at her eyes,
biting her lip. "Should we gather the other keys?" **
(11) Morti (exit): 22:47
(11) Morti (enter): 22:47
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "We have enough
keys I believe"
(1) Thom: (( Stan - have you been getting my
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "We must move
quickly and get out of this chateau"
(11) Morti (exit): 22:48
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Msr. Claude,
thank you for your wise council"
(14) Morti (enter): 22:49
(7) Claude d'Amberville: Thank you. (goes back
to reading his book)
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade leads the way out of the
library "If we are all ready, let us go" **
** (1) Thom stands his ground, staring at Claude.
** (10) Danae turns back around, red about the
liquidy blue eyes but otherwise back in cool collection. "Let us see if
Oneiros favors your body in it's weakened state or if this spell shall work,
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (14)
(1) Thom: "On second Rainur. Claude - what
are you not telling us about Gaston?"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes,
(1) Thom: (( One ))
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade waits **
(10) Danae: "There is just one thing
preventing me from doing this.. I need a diamond... or diamond dust, to be
(7) Claude d'Amberville: Do not question in
affairs not of your concern. (sternly as he puts the book down)
** (10) Danae rubs her arm slightly, "Anyone
have a diamond?" **
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out a sak that
contains many different jewels "This is our currency... we have no coin in
the Faard" **
(1) Thom: "Not of our concern? We are
trying to help your family, and yet information about them is none of our
(1) Thom: ?"
** (10) Danae rifles through them, looking for
something suitable.. **
(7) Claude d'Amberville: Your help thus far is
appreciated and noted, however the one known as Gaston is our province. I ask
you not to question what does not concern you. He is not to be trusted.
** (7) Claude d'Amberville stands up and walks to
the shelf, replacing the prayer book, and selects another. "Now, if you
have nothing else to do, I suggest you make your preparations and leave. I have
much to ponder." (coldly) **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "There should be
something suitable...I do not spend much"
** (5) Miragon paces back and forth. **
(1) Thom: "And we are supposed to trust you
while you say everyone else has lied to us and you also hold back
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Calm
(7) Claude d'Amberville: I have aided you and
now you question my integrity? How appropriate for a thief.
** (14) Morti puts away the last book and goes
about rolling up the scrolls of notes he's taken, straigening the desk as he
found it. **
** (10) Danae says while she still picks through
the jewels, "Drop it Thom, we will soon be from here." **
(10) Danae: (( far from ^^ ))
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom, I believe
that is enough...right?"
(10) Danae: (( is their a suitable diamond? ))
(10) Danae: (( there ))
(7) DM: ((yes))
(1) Thom: "I question the integrety of this
entire household." Thom looks at his companions and with a final glance at
Claude, he turns and leaves the room, ready to get away from these people.
** (7) Claude d'Amberville takes another prayer
book and walks to the chair irritably. **
** (5) Miragon follows Thom outside as he glances
back inside and flashes Claude a look. **
** (10) Danae finds one, "Could you please
pulverize this?" she asks Rainur, picking up the jewel. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "My Lord, my
apologies for his behavior...this house has frustrated us as you may
imagine...please have a good day"
(14) Morti: ( ... pulverize ... a diamond?)
(7) Claude d'Amberville: LEAVE THIS CHAMBER AT
** (7) Claude d'Amberville stands up and fingers
his holy symbol with a blazing look in his eyes. **
** (1) Thom resituates his pack on his back while
out in the hallway and checks his gear, preparing for any figh that may come
their way. **
** (10) Danae stiffens slightly, and whispers,
"we can continue this elsewhere." **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes"
(1) Thom: (( fight ))
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade leads the party out of the
** (10) Danae follows briskly. **
** (7) Claude d'Amberville slams the door shut and
bolts it. **
(10) Danae: (( its gotta be possible, the spell
asks for diamond dust.. ))
** (1) Thom falls into line with the group as they
leave the library. **
** (14) Morti packs away his belongings clamly and
fastens his pack to his back. With a humble bow to Claude he offers politely,
"Thank you for allowing me to study here, Sir." Ignoring the
outbursts and aggrevants, he grabs up Moiraine from the table and strolls out
after the others **
** (1) Thom walks with the group silently, his jaw
set in frustration. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, do you
have a spell to turn this into powder? I do not have a diamond mortar and
(14) Morti: "Eh?" Glances the
diamond. and shakes his head "That's tough stuff"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "The only
physical way is to strike it against other diamonds to create diamond dust...or
** (10) Danae frowns slightly, "Perhaps the
spiritual hammer I can summon?" **
(1) Thom: (( so, are we just all standing in the
hallway outside the library then? ))
** (14) Morti settles Moiraine to her usual seat in
his pocket, and readies his staff to get walking, though waiting for a
(7) DM: ((yes...))
(14) Morti: (bacsically)
(14) Morti: brb
** (1) Thom wanders around the corner, heading in
the direction they had recently come from. "Be right back." **
(14) Morti (exit): 23:07
(14) Morti (enter): 23:07
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (14)
** (10) Danae sighs.. "What about a magical
(7) DM: He peeks inside Marie-Helene's bedroom.
** (10) Danae sighs, "Sorry, Rainur..."
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: I would not waste the
time now...Let us continue. I will be fine for now. Perhaps some spell might
** (10) Danae hands the diamond back to him.
** (5) Miragon looks at Danae and Rainur and smiles
at the sparkling gem. **
** (10) Danae groans, "I have a spell that
would have worked. I am stupid." **
(7) DM: Thom enters the bedroom.
(14) Morti: :smiling to Danae:
"Really?! That's great!"
(10) Danae: (( I guess it's too late to change
out the day's spells, hm? ))
(7) DM: ((yes))
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, I am
fine...let us continue"
** (10) Danae nods. "Let us collect Thom and
go to the Gate of Silver Keys. **
** (14) Morti stares after Thom, following after
him into Marie-helene's **
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade heads towards where they
battled the golem **
** (5) Miragon follows along slouched over as
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Did Thom go to
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade turns the corner to where
Marie's room is on the way down to the site where the golem was battled **
** (10) Danae follows. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah morti...what
is going on?"
(1) Thom: "So, we do not need to defeate
any other guardian in order to break the curse, But to truely aid you, we must
die as well?"
(1) Thom: (( Sorry, that was supposed to be a
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade arrives at Marie-Helene's
(7) Marie-Helene d'Amberville: And so you see,
child. (speaking to Thom)
** (1) Thom bows to marie, thanking her as he backs
out of the room, closing the door as he leaves. **
(7) DM: (you catch sight of Morti and the party
as you leave)
** (1) Thom looks a lot less upset than he did
before, but he looks no less serious. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Was she helpful
to you Thom? And were you able to dodge the barbs of her forked tongue?"
** (14) Morti backs up after behind thom's back,
almost tripping over his own feet as they exit the doorway **
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade clearly does not like her
** (5) Miragon stops several paces from the room
and refuses to enter, apparently remembering bad things happen there. **
(1) Thom: "Yes, she cleared somethings up
for me. Well, are we ready to visit Averoigne?"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays ...let's
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade continues to the gate **
** (1) Thom follows Rainur, glancing back at the
bedroom for a second, thinking on her words. **
(14) Morti: "Uh.. sure.. just let me
find a bedsheet to butcher first. I really need a new mask." :Gesturing to
his disfigured face in lue of his burnt scarf
** (5) Miragon follows Rainur back to the gate, his
blissful ignorance giving way to a more sullen mood today apparently. **
** (10) Danae takes a small pin from her hair, it
turning into a floppy brown hat, nothing else on her body changing as she does
so. "It's a hat of disguise.. something I picked up in my travels.. you
may borrow it..." **
(14) Morti: "Eh? How's it work?"
** (14) Morti carefully looks it over **
(10) Danae: "Put it on and will the
changes you would like.. it is only an illusion, it will only veil the truth,
not change it."
(14) Morti: "Hai." :Nodding in
understanding he takes up the hat and places it on his bald, scaberous head.
Closing his eyes he concentrates a moment before the the image of a very plain
brown haired youth with sun-tanned healthy skin anf Morti's lusterous blue eyes
looks about at his comrades. "H-how do I look?"
** (1) Thom breaks out of his thoughts at Morti's
question. "Good look Morti." **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Danae, that was
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade reaches the gate **
** (10) Danae shrugs, "I don't very well like
the thing, but it has had it's purposes.. this is just another of them."
** (5) Miragon looks at Morti confused as he cocks
his head like a curious dog. **
** (14) Morti gives a grin and for once a reddening
of his cheeks is actually noticable, "Yes, Thank you Danae" **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Where are the
** (10) Danae retreives the one she has. **
(14) Morti: :assures Miragon: "Don't
worry, It's still me"
(10) Danae: "You are welcome, Morti"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "As locks are not
my specialty, I defer to you Thom for the opening of the gate"
** (1) Thom sees Danae's key. "Huh?" **
** (1) Thom pulls out his four keys, then glances
at Danae. "Where did that one come from?" **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "please give all
the keys which we have found to Thom"
(7) DM: The gate rises from the floor, its material
shimmering in the light. It appears to be made of liquid silver.
** (14) Morti removes his left glove for a moment,
marveling at the image of normal human skin there. He grins, in spite of the
lack of a pinky. **
** (5) Miragon draws out his sword as he peers
around the room and sniffs the air. **
** (1) Thom gets the key from Danae and inspects it
carefully, comparing it to the others to make sure it is authentic. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Miragon, stand
(14) Morti: :The gate's appearance quickly
eclipses the novely of the illusion. "Wow...."
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are in your
capable hands Thom"
(10) Danae: (( sorry, I had a key written in my
inventory.. was I wrong? ))
(7) DM: Your voices echo around the chamber and
cause the surface of the gate to vibrate, as if it were water and your voices
(1) Thom: (( yeah - but like I said on the Yahoo
group, thom wasn't around when marie gave you the one - so he had no idea you
had one. ))
(14) Morti: (Nah, I think a few people were
(7) DM: ((no))
** (1) Thom starts studying the door, loking for
any place to put the keys, or any instructions/or warnings on the gate. **
(10) Danae: "Marie-Helene gave it to
me," she tells thom, distracted by the ripples along the surface of the
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [9,9]
** (1) Thom nods at Danae's words, but spends most
of his concentration studying the gate. **
** (14) Morti replaces his glove and strolls about
the gate, eyeing it's surface curiously as he scratches moiraine's head. **
** (5) Miragon gazes at the gate and looks to the
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well Thom, what
do you make of this?"
** (10) Danae goes over to Miragon, "Want to
get out of the house? Go outside?" She asks softly, not unlike how one
would speak to a child. **
(1) Thom: "It's amazing. Not like anything
I've seen before - pure magic. But, it is still a locked door, so I should be
able to get it open." Thom smirks a little at the end of his comment.
** (5) Miragon looks to Danae and smiles and points
to the gate as if asking. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "A fine locksmith
** (10) Danae looks over at Thom, "The keys
will suffice, I think." **
** (10) Danae looks back at Miragon, and nods.
(7) DM: At Thom's approach, three keyholes
coalesce in the door.
(10) Danae: "Just let Thom finish and we
will go out."
(1) Thom: ::to Danae. "yes, but with
something like this - it's better to be safe than sorry."
(14) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check:
[1d20+13] -> [20,13] = (33)
** (1) Thom takes three of the keys and places one
is each of the keyholes, but does not turn them just yet, waiting to see if
more keyholes appear. **
(7) DM: The gate begins to become translucent
as it slowly loses its silver appearance....
(1) Thom: "Hmm, I was expecting more. But
(7) DM: ....or perhaps its as if your
surroundings are fading...to become in line with the gate. You're not quite
** (1) Thom quickly puts the two remaining keys
into his belt pouch. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, we know
what we must do now"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is it safe to
** (1) Thom glances at the surroundings a little,
but mainly concentrates on the gate. **
** (14) Morti watches the scene like a giddy child;
amazed by the dimensional shift **
(1) Thom: "I have no idea. As far as I can
tell - yes. But this is a level of magic that I have never seen.
(7) DM: Slowly trees appear, within the gate.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Nor have I"
(7) DM: A road....
(7) DM: A field of daisies on the other side of
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well let us go
before the gate closes on us"
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade takes the first step onto
the road **
** (5) Miragon smiles at the sight and charges
through the gate. **
** (14) Morti nods to no one and steps in after the
(1) Thom: "On to the next trials..."
Thom then steps though, behind Morti.
** (10) Danae follows. as well. **
(7) DM: You're stopped by a wall of invisible
(1) Thom: (( lol - hold on guys, I got it now...
** (1) Thom takes his eyes off the scene and
notices that he can still see the keys, unturned in their keyholes. **
(14) Morti: "Ow..." :Morti rubs
the his face after running into a wall, wondering why he thought he'd make it
after the barbarians were bounced off
** (5) Miragon slams into the wall and goes
sprawling backwards falling into those behind him like an anvil. **
(10) Danae: "Turn the keys, maybe?"
she says after bumping into the multiple person pileup.
** (1) Thom reaches forward and turns each key, one
at a atime. **
** (10) Danae pinwheels her arms, squeaking before
falling, presumably under the pile of warriors and mages displaced by Miragon.
(7) DM: At the first turning, your surroundings
fade to become in line with the gate and the gate itself becomes translucent.
Furthermore, action appears in the gate. A breeze blows through the field...
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah...nice"
(1) Thom: "Sorry guys... and gal. Like I
said, magic like I've never seen before."
** (10) Danae brushes herself off and stands up.
(7) DM: At the second turning, the scene within
the gate speeds up and you can see that time flies by at an amazing rate. Day
turns to night with amazing rapidity, days become weeks, weeks become months
and seasons to years. A battle of immense proportions is fought in the field,
between two opposing armies it seems, and the death toll is insurmountable.
(7) DM: and within a blink of an eye, that too
is gone and grass, daisies and flowers overgrow the corpses.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Wow..."
** (14) Morti watches the scenes in the gate with
blank studious eyes and a slack jaw **
** (1) Thom just stares, frozen in place. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "For the love of
the War Father...may these soldiers rest in peace"
** (5) Miragon sits back on his haunches unsure of
wether to bother with this bizarre door anymore. **
** (10) Danae peers over the shoulders of the
others, "Time travel... what a mystery to ponder." **
(14) Morti: "I think the gate's just...
(7) DM: Horses come with great speed, as if
fleeing from some source. You see, that astride them, are the d'Ambervilles.
You can recognize all of them....Etienne, Marie-Helene, Simon, Charles, Claude,
Richard and so on...the horses are riding on a road made of magic and coming
straight for you. they appear to be fleeing from an unknown pursuer.
** (5) Miragon beats his mailed fist at the sight
of the battle and howls as he raises his sword, apparently wanting to join the
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "relax
Miragon...you will have your chance"
** (1) Thom doesn't move from the gate, believing
that they are just watching a scene. **
(7) DM: They rush through the gate, their
physical forms blurring as they pass through into this dimension. Presently,
you spot their pursuers....knights armed in gleaming silver and golden armor
bearing a standard of a black cross on a sky blue field with a gauntleted hand
in its center. The knights send forth cavalry and pikemen, and archers, but to
no avail. The d'Ambervilles escape them.
(7) DM: Time blinks in an eye, and this scene
is gone too, faster than you can catch, but notable all the same.
** (5) Miragon futiley swings his blade at the
figures of the d'Ambervilles as they pass by. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Stop
(7) DM: At the third turning, time slows down
until its barely a crawl. It is mid morning, it is early spring, and a balmy
sky overhead. The road is empty, as is the field, and your surroundings are
tranquil. The gate disappears as you set foot on a dirt road.
** (5) Miragon looks to Rainus confused and pouts.
(7) Marie-Helene d'Amberville: (echoes)
"Go, in whatever endeavor, whether gate or guardian, with my
(1) Thom: "Wow..." Thom looks back at
the voice and smiles, mouthing the words, I'm sorry.
** (5) Miragon looks around at his surroundings
again in a state of confusion. **
(14) Morti: "Eh? Eh?" :Looks
anxiously about the field for signs of locals and takes the percaution of
trying to make sure they haven't been caught into an illusionary trap.
** (10) Danae sighs in relief, toeing the dirt
road, assuring herself they are in no illusion. "Well, we made it."
(14) Morti: Will save: [1d20+6] -> [2,6]
(7) DM: (quite real lol)
(10) Danae: Will: [1d20+5+3+2] -> [18,5,3,2] = (28)
(10) Danae: (( ~danae sees the matrix code~
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am very
hungry...let us find a place to eat"
(14) Morti: "Wow..." :A chortle
rises in his throat: "I really want to learn magicks like that!"
** (1) Thom takes a few steps around, enjoying the
sunlight and fresh air. **
(7) DM: (btw, you all speak the language of the
area. automatic. OOC)
** (5) Miragon takes off his helm as he takes in a
deep breath and nods to Danae, a smile covering his face, **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Onward
(10) Danae: "Such magic -is- within mortal
grasp.." she says, nodding to Miragon.
(14) Morti: :To Rainur: "Last life
signs we saw came that from that way." :pointing to where the
d'Ambervilles and persuers came from
(10) Danae: "There is a path, choosing it
yields two directions..."
(1) Thom: "Lead on Rainur."
** (10) Danae nods to Morti. **
** (5) Miragon puts his helm back on then takes up
the rear guard. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes let us go
towards where the D'Ambervilles were being chased from"
(7) DM: There is also a sign with two posts,
one in each direction.
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade reads sign **
** (10) Danae slips the holy symbol under her
shirt, it the only real sign of her profession. **
** (14) Morti moves to check the sign behind Rainur
** (10) Danae casts an eye to the sign as well.
(7) DM: Vyones (one way) and Ximes (the other
(7) DM: Also scrawled is "Le Inn of Bonne
Jouissance" in the same direction as Ximes.
(10) Danae: "The viper circled mirror is
(10) Danae: "..and the potion of time
travel in Ximes."
** (1) Thom is content to let the others chose the
path, and he just looks around at the settings, trying to remember the last
time he saw so much open wilderness. **
(14) Morti: "Flip a coin?"
(10) Danae: "Let's try Vyones.. I remember
Richard said he was from Ximes, and he was rather.. fanatical.. and if the
religions here hate mages or worshippers of other gods...."
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Vyones it
(14) Morti: (which way did the d'ambervilles
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade starts down the path to
(7) DM: (you can't quite tell)
** (10) Danae follows Rainur. **
** (1) Thom sees Rainur moving, so he moves to
follow him. **
(14) Morti: "Sure you don't want to go
to the inn?" :Grumbles in his weariness but follows along obediently:
(1) Thom: (( And according to the map, we go
from Tolmara toward Tor Alin. ;) ))
** (5) Miragon brings up the rear and trods along
paying more attention to the scenery than the group. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "there are bound
to other inns on our travels Morti"
(14) Morti: "Hai Hai." Agrees as
he walks beside Miragon, making sure the larger man keeps up
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade looks around for any signs
of life **
(7) DM: Birds overhead, a twitter.
** (1) Thom watches all around them as they travel,
spotting for any movement as he is not used to being in such open places. **
(7) DM: You appear to be the only travellers on
the road, for a bit. It's certainly a change from your surroundings of the past
two weeks. (OOC: it's the middle of winter in Wylund)
(1) Thom: (( definately different from the walls
of my shoppe... ;) ))
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is good
...open space...just like I like it"
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade continues on with new
(10) Danae: (( and im from keenreach, which is
further north, eh? ))
(1) Thom: "yeah.. good... sure."
(7) DM: (yes)
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade takes a deep breath **
(14) Morti: "Yes." :Smiles:
"I love spring time. Everything's so.. lively"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: (anything on the
(7) DM: (smoke in the distance. to the NW)
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us head
there" ::points northwest::
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Smoke..."
(10) Danae: (( afk ))
** (14) Morti nods, following along as he views the
(1) Thom: "Sounds good to be, that should
mean civilization again."
(1) Thom: (( to me ))
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps"
(7) DM: ((when I load the city map up, ignore
the numbers on the screen and just imagine that's part of a city map. I had a
map of Vyones on my cpu except that it was wiped when I reformatted my cpu.
either save the cpu or get a new system.))
** (1) Thom starts to relax as he sees the walls of
the city (assuming there are some) **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Now, no mention
of the Ambervilles ok folks....they are not liked in these parts"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: BRB
(14) Morti: "Understood"
(7) DM: After an hour of walking, you come to a
fork in the road. The road continues to the north, and splits off to the
northwest. A sign says "Vyones" to the northwest and
"Paris" to the north.
(14) Morti: (Lets hope we're too early for
(7) DM: The northern road wanders off into what
seems to be forest, whilst the road to the northwest continues through open
field and farmland. Also signs of civilization appear....farmhouses and the
(1) Thom: "So, which way now?"
(7) DM: ((oh, by 5 centuries.))
** (14) Morti continues nw, "We agreed on
Vyonnes. We haven't even heard of that other place." **
(1) Thom: "Very well. I just want to get to
(14) Morti: "Me too. I'm hungry, tired
and begging to be in a house other than the D'Ambervilles'.
** (5) Miragon follows along quietly taking in this
strange new place. **
(7) DM: You pass by farmhouses on your way to
** (10) Danae nods in agreeance when the plan to
continue to Vyones is proposed. **
(7) DM: A horse-drawn wagon appears in the
distance, or is approaching you.
** (14) Morti watches the farmhouses, seeing if the
locals eye the group strangely, and slightly nostalgic of the simple life **
(7) DM: The wagon seems to be travelling at a
** (14) Morti steps off to the side of the road to
give the wagon room **
(7) DM: Some people see you pass by and wave in
(1) Thom: "Uh, maybe we should move."
Thom says as he steps off the road, onto the grass.
(7) DM: Farmers sit atop the wagon, and travel
at a rapid pace, with frightened looks on their faces.
** (10) Danae wave back, smiling awkwardly.
(14) Morti: "Uh.... I think they're out
** (5) Miragon stares at the strange people but
doesnt seem to react aggresively.....yet. **
(1) Thom: "Something is behind
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "They must be
running from what caused the smoke"
(7) DM: Nothing seems to be behind them, as far
as you can tell...
** (1) Thom tries to look past the wagon (as he is
off the road) to see what they are running from. **
(14) Morti: "EH?" :glancing from
thom, he tries to look beyond the cart:
(1) Thom: (( ok - strike that. ))
(7) DM: You're not sure. It seems peaceable.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us continue
(14) Morti: (how many horses pull the
(1) Thom: "They seem to be frightened of
something ahead of us. Let's be careful, ok?"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, we must be
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade continues towards the
(7) DM: (2)
** (1) Thom follows Rainur, but watches the shadows
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade also looks in the sky
hoping it is not a drake **
(7) DM: You glance to the side and farmers are
in the fields, working. Some stop and stare at you and continue working.
(1) Thom: (( so, we are at (2)? ))
** (14) Morti ignores watches the wagon go by and
follows along. He waves to the farmers politely in passing as they make their
way, curious of what upset the wagoneers. **
(7) DM: (not yet.)
(14) Morti: (no... 2 horses)
(10) Danae: (( by the way, nice map ))
(1) Thom: (( ahhh - got it ))
(7) DM: (thanks.)
(14) Morti: (brb)
(7) DM: After an hour of walking, you make your
way to the outskirts of Vyones. You see that the land gradually gives way to a
more pronounced town-like terrain, as buildings appear with increased
frequency. The town has a modest wall and towers that jut from the wall at
regular frequencies. Also, most of the activity that you would expect at the
outskirts of the town are not present...save for the guards who man the walls,
(7) DM: The townsfolk are quite afraid, and
seem to be congregating in a square just inside the gates.
(1) Thom: "Something seems off...."
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Good
(7) DM: (at 95)
(7) Guard: Ah, adventurers! Perhaps you can
save us from le dire calamite!
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "And what is
(7) Guard: Nathaire, the necromancer threatens
us all! May the heavens above protect us all! (blesses himself)
** (14) Morti whispers to Danae, **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Why does this
person threaten you?"
(7) Guard: If you be men and woman of good
heart, make your way to the Archbishop who will tell you of the dark deed that
comes to us tomorrow!
(14) Morti: "How'd they know we're
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, just look
at us?" ::Rainur laughs::
** (10) Danae whispers back, "Look at us, what
else could we be?" **
(1) Thom: "to Morti "Well - look at
us. Rainur and Miragon stand out, then we are such a strange combination of
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Please point us
in his direction"
(7) Guard: He comes to us with a colossus! Of
(1) Thom: "Colossus?"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Colossus?"
** (7) Guard points to the direction of the square.
(1) Thom: (( jink ))
(1) Thom: (( jinx ))
(7) Guard: The Archbishop, may the heavens
above bless him, will tell all. Godspeed!
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade heads in the direction of
the square **
** (14) Morti looks himself over and shrugs.
Hearing the locals clami he cocks his head and screws his fce in a grimace,
" ... of the dead?" **
** (1) Thom nods to the soldier(?) that pointed
them in the direction. **
(7) DM: The square is filled to capacity, and
all are frightened or in an uproar.
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade clanks into the forray **
(7) Passerby: It must be magic. Burn all mages!
(7) Spectator: What are we to do?!?!
** (1) Thom moves around the outer edge of the
group, moving to find a place where he can easily see the speaker. **
(7) Spectator: We cannot possibly pay the
ransom, we shall all be bankrupt!
(7) Passerby: Why us and not Ximes? The
Archbishop there has powers he can save his town! We are poorfolk. We have
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Uh
hum...Messrs...What is a Colossus?"
** (14) Morti gets a bit more anxious hearing the
words of the townspeopl and looks about for an explanation **
(7) Spectator: They caught not all mages in the
purge. We have sinned, we have sinned, may Heaven protect us from the fires of
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade 's swords gleam in the
** (14) Morti tries to ask among the gathered,
"Please. Explain what is happening. PLease." **
(1) Thom: (( are these townspeople talking right
(9) Ashoroth (exit): 00:50
(7) Passerby: (to Rainur) A tall, immense
creature, easily the height of three trees, with arms the size of tree trunks
and a head of Death!
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Have you ever
seen this creature?"
(7) Spectator: Here comes the Archbishop Evain!
All shall be made clear now.
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade listens **
** (1) Thom moves to stand in the doorway of a
tavern, watching the Archbishop as he approaches. **
(14) Morti: "Eh?" :tries to move
in throught the crowd to get a better look at the archbishop, holding his staff
in one hand and protecting moiraine with the other
(7) DM: The crowd parts reverently as a stooped
old man in gleaming white robes makes his way through the crowd to a small
platform in the center of the square.
** (10) Danae crosses her slim arms, watching the
venerable priest. **
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade stands and is sure to
listen closely **
** (1) Thom studies the man as he moves, noting the
crowd's reaction. **
** (14) Morti watches , his head cocked as he asks
one of the passersby, "What god is he a priest of?" **
** (7) Archbishop Evain speaks in a strong, clear,
determined voice that belies his age: **
** (10) Danae covers morti's mouth hurriedly,
saying to the person he spoke to, "Ignore the child." **
(7) Archbishop Evain: You have heard of the
demands that this mage, this foul creature has made of Vyones, this Nathaire:
** (14) Morti gives a stifled groan of questioning
as he looks to Danae, but relents and listens to the archbishop **
(7) Archbishop Evain: Fifty thousand dauphins,
in uncut diamonds, by the high sun tomorrow. And you know of his threat to
follow through: an immense colossus, the twice the height of the Cathedral of
Ximes, with arms like trees and a head of a hundred corpses. We cannot pay the
ransom, and so I come to you, the people of this city, that if there should be
any of you with skill or arms to fight this creature, our dearest treasure
shall be yours!
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade gives Danae a nod of
** (10) Danae speaks up, "The mirror?"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "How does one
destroy this creature, sir?
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade steps forward **
(7) Archbishop Evain: Who speaks?
** (10) Danae steps up with him. **
** (1) Thom watches the two move forward through
the crowd, and glances at the villagers around him, to see their reactions. **
(5) Miragon: ((i bet they really do stare at me, considering how short
people were back then in med. europe))
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am DaKhan...er
Prince in your land...Rainur Swiftblade
** (14) Morti stays back, knowing his own tendency
to say the wrong things **
(1) Thom: (( the best move Morti has made... ;)
(7) DM: ((yes lol))
(14) Morti: (I was bound to make one)
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "I would like to
know what needs to be done to destroy this evil"
(10) Danae: "We are warriors far from
home, and we would like to help you."
** (7) Archbishop Evain peers at Rainur **
** (5) Miragon walks over to Rainur curious to see
what he's up to and oblivious to the situation. **
** (7) Archbishop Evain glances at Danae **
(7) DM: Townsfolk stare at you, especially
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is my
company and we have been sent here by some foul magika...but we are defenders
of good my lord"
(14) Morti: (don't worry. I'm sure
Miragon'll pick up the slack)
(10) Danae: (( or rainur, for that matter ))
(5) Miragon: (lol i dont think that was the wisest thing to tell them
Rainur, foul magic?)
(7) Archbishop Evain: Eh? Magic?
(7) DM: Mutterings in the crowd....
(7) Passerby: Witchcraft!
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are here to
help if you desire"
(7) Spectator: That woman is a witch!
** (10) Danae mutters to Rainur, "from now on,
I talk..." **
** (5) Miragon looks back to Danae. **
(14) Morti: :to the accusing villager,
"No, she's a priest!"
(10) Danae: "Excuse my friend, he does not
speak well, he means it is the foul magic of this necromancer that we come
** (1) Thom just sakes his head slightly, amazed at
how quickly they turned the crowd from amazed to fearful. **
(1) Thom: (( hey=rainur ))
(1) Thom: (( they = Rainur ))
(7) Archbishop Evain: You sir, are a stranger
in our land. What have you to offer us? Can you help us? Can you defeat this
creature? It cannot be slain through force of arms alone.
(7) Archbishop Evain: Ah, my lady. I sense you
to be of good heart and a noble soul. What can you do for us?
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Then tell us
what needs to be done and we will help."
** (10) Danae nods, "We may not be the heroes
required for this task, but we will do what must be done, and pray to the
heavens that it is enough." **
(7) Archbishop Evain: As far as I know, only
weapons enchanted with the might of the Holy Church, or those crafted by magic,
can harm the colosssus.
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade nods **
(10) Danae: (( taking the prayer he heard from
the townsfolk ))
(7) Archbishop Evain: But...
** (1) Thom watches the events, listening as much
to the people around him as he does to Rainur and Danae. **
(7) Archbishop Evain: My assistant, Gaspard,
has come up with a means to this end. Listen to him, and take his offer, if men
and woman of heart you be!
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oui..."
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "We will
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Monsiour
** (14) Morti looks about for gaspard **
** (7) Gaspard du Nord strides forth from the crowd
and takes his place next to the old man. **
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade looks him up and down **
(7) DM: A tall, burnished man dressed in a
green tabard and leather armor takes his place next to the Archbishop.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bonjour"
** (7) Gaspard du Nord acknowledges Rainur and
speaks clearly **
(14) Morti: "Gaspard..." :Morti
rolls the name over in his head as he stares at the man. After a moment of
thought he calls out thoughtlessly, "The Mirror!" Just noticing his
voice he coughs and slinks down, but signals up to Danae and Rainur, mouthing
the word 'Mirror' and making a biting motion with his hand to represent the
viper. (total effect: moronic)
(7) Gaspard du Nord: I know of a way the
colossus can be defeated. It still requires force of arms, but your lives will
be made easier. I was once of Nathaire's pupils, but I have since repented of
my ways. I no longer practice magic, since it is a forbidden art. However, I do
remember a formula for a black powder of reversion, that when blown into the
face of the colossus, will revert it to its normal form, that of a collection
(7) Gaspard du Nord: I am not a warrior, so I
cannot accompany you to the creature. However, I can create several doses for
you to use on the creature. If you travel to Ylourgne, you can use the powder
to slay the creature. Should you do this and succeed, we will give you the
Viper Circled Mirror, our town's most treasured possession.
** (10) Danae looks at Rainur **
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade looks at Danae **
** (10) Danae shrugs, "Sounds like a
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Please tell us
more about the task"
** (14) Morti smiles, and speaks rhetorically to a
stranger, "That was easy to find." **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "How far is
Ylourgne? Can we get some horses? We are injurred...is there a healer?"
(7) Gaspard du Nord: Ylourgne is not far from
here, about half a day's travel on foot. It is in the forest north of Vyones.
You will know you are near the colossus because you will hear it. When it
walks, the earth trembles.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah..."
(7) Archbishop Evain: I shall make my priests
available to you, no charge at all.
(14) Morti: *gulp* "Not easy to get
though..." muses stoiclly to the same stranger:
(7) Gaspard du Nord: I do not know how you can
defeat the creature, but for the powder to work, it must be thrown into its
face. There will be enough for five uses.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "How does it
attack? Is there any special things we should know? "
(7) Gaspard du Nord: It uses its fists to
attack. It can uproot trees to use as clubs. It can flatten a tower just by
stepping on it.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is it
(7) Gaspard du Nord: You could outrun it, if
you chose to.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is it
(1) Thom: (( it's undeads, how smart could it
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Any special
(7) Gaspard du Nord: Before the purge, we
fought against the Britons and almost destroyed the Tower of Londonium with a
previous version of the creature. It was only defeated by a warrior enhanced
with a spell of flight who threw some powder at it.
(7) Gaspard du Nord: It has the intelligence of
its creator. Its creator controls it.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "ah"
** (10) Danae only hopes her spells work here.
(7) Gaspard du Nord: Not that I know of.
(10) Danae: "Let us eat, and make plans,
then you can retreive us when the powders are prepared..."
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays...that would
be a good idea Danae"
(7) Gaspard du Nord: If you can make your way
to the Smiling Swallow, I shall meet you there.
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye"
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade walks towards the Smiling
(7) DM: (30 minute warning. cutting things
(5) Miragon: (afk to a bit to get a bite to eat)
** (10) Danae bows slightly to the men before
moving after Rainur. **
** (14) Morti follows after them to th inn,
desperate for food and rest. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: (to Danae) "This
is going to be interesting...an undead giant of sorts"
** (1) Thom has entered the tavern at whom's
doorstep he had been standing. **
(1) Thom: (( As in - he doesn't see what you all
are doing now. ))
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade enters the Smiling Swallow
(10) Danae: "Indeed."
(7) DM: The inn/tavern is half full. All of
them are human, males ranging from youths to early 30s. a few waitresses.
(7) DM: A roast lamb is laid out on a counter
with plates and bowls beside it, as well as loaves of bread and hunks of
cheese. Wine, ale and water for the taking. A tillbox for payment on the
counter next to what appears to be a barkeep.
(7) DM: People stop and stare at Rainur and
Miragon, and then continue eating, but talk is a bit subdued due to your
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade gives those who stare
intimidating looks....he does not like being gauked at **
** (10) Danae whispers to Rainur, "We probably
do not have the correct currency.." **
** (14) Morti strolls in and asks the barkeeper how
much the meal would cost before sitting to eat **
(7) DM: (lol, that works except that youths
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays you are
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Jewels are
always good currency however"
(10) Danae: "Perhaps we could sell
something, and use the coins gained from that.. or.. jewels, good point.. i've
never paid in jewels."
(14) Morti: :holding up a coin to the
keeper: "Do you accept silver?"
** (7) Barkeep glances up and stares past Morti
before replying, "Two ducans." (OC: 2 sp) **
(7) DM: You see why he stared. For a brief
second, Drenla's spirit appeared behind Morti and winked.
(14) Morti: "Eh? Du-wha?"
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade holds up an amythest worth
4 gp "Will this do? We do not have your coin yet" **
** (7) Barkeep smiles slightly. "Oui,
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade looks for Gaspard **
(7) DM: (he's not here)
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade sits down and fills him
plate and mug **
** (14) Morti hurries to the table, helping himself
to lamb, cheese, bread and wine. Letting Moiraine sit in his lap, feeds from
his plate **
** (10) Danae fills her plate as well, sitting down
with the others. **
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Sit down
miragon...we are going hunting tomorrow"
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade looks around to see if
people are still staring **
(14) Morti: :As he eats: "How long do
you think Gaspard will be? Should we get a room for the day? I could really use
(7) DM: (yes Rainur, and everytime you look,
they stare but not directly)
(7) DM: (lol)
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "I could really
use a bath and a wench or two!" ::rainur laughs::
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade picks out a young man out
of the crowd **
** (14) Morti nods to Rainur, innocently agreeing,
"Aye. You'd need at least two other people to aid in bathing away that
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come here
man...why do you stare at me? I am no different than you..." :::rainur
(8) Rainur Swiftblade: "I just have a
few more scars"
** (8) Rainur Swiftblade laughs a bit more **
(7) Pierre: I was wondering what that smell
was. (wrinkles his nose)
(7) Michel: You're in for it now. (snickering)
(14) Morti: :carrying a bit of bread with
him, he goes to ask the keeper, "Does that gem my friend gave warrant us a
place to rest as well?"
** (10) Danae doesn't pay attention to Rainur's
antics, eating the roast duck with her fingers. **
(7) Barkeep: (glances at Morti) Oui. I would
not flash that around if I were you. Can't tell who's listening. (winks at
(7) DM: (and on this note, we'll stop)