Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(16468) TaliesinNYC: ok, let's begin
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: LOL
(16468) DM: When last we left off, you had just entered the chapel of the d'Ambervilles. And it's not like any chapel you've ever been in.
(16459) Morti: Actually Morti probably would be mesmerised by a puppet show
(16468) TaliesinNYC: 24: This large building is the d'Amberville family chapel. Brightly colored stained glass windows are inset into the walls. The pews are made of intricately carved oak and have plush velvet cushions. The floor is a wood parquet and has a lovely pattern. The entire building seems garish and lewdly decorated for a religious house. Lined up along the S, E and W walls are several statues. The statues, while carved wearing saintly gowns actually seem to mock saintliness. The sarcastic, leering faces of the statues all seem to bear a distinctive d'Amberville famiily cast.
(16468) DM: The statues are parodies of the gods of Andurin.
** (16459) Morti looks about the place with his cloth lips mimicing the nervous chewing of his own. **
(16455) Thom: ::mutters:: This is different....
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is not amusing at all"
(16435) Atross: "Did they worship themselves? Or is this some person's joke?"
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade looks for a representaition of the War Father **
** (16459) Morti strolls in looking around for the D'Amberville said to hang round this chapel(forget his name) **
(16455) Zane: (( Simon ))
(16466) Dranath: "This isn't a chapel, just a mockery of one.."
(16468) DM: The War Father is represented as "Le Lâche", a barbarian dressed in richly furs and robes, presenting a two-handed sword except that instead of a valiant pose, he seems to cringe behind it.
(16468) DM: At the base of each statue there is a plaque that names each statue.
** (16455) Thom starts walking around, only half glancing at the statues, he is also looking around the rest of the 'chapel'. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [3] = (3)
(16468) TaliesinNYC: [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre, what does Le Lche mean?"
(16468) Pierre d'Amberville: The Coward, Rainur.
** (16435) Atross looks around for any statue with a bow. **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade goes to topple the statue **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Blasphemy!"
(16459) Morti: "Hello? Is anyone here?" :Calls out as he strolls toward the altar, looking about.
(16468) DM: There are three, a representation of Aranris El-Macil, a representation of Tammara and a representation of Penntamil Verisa
(16468) DM: Suddenly, the statue of the War Father comes alive...
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "The War Father is no coward!"
** (16455) Thom walks with Morti. **
** (16466) Dranath doesn't even look at the statues, not giving credit to the representations thereof. "Heed them not..uh, whoa." **
(16466) Dranath: (as the statue comes alive he is taken back)
(16468) DM: It gets off its pedestal and reaches out to touch Rainur...
(16468) DM: (init if you wish)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d100] -> [40] = (40)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(16468) DM: (lol)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(16435) Atross: "Not gonna ask if that was wise. What now?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: ((dunno what is going on with my dice roller))
(16392) Lady Renja (enter): 22:07
(16468) DM: The statue attempts to touch Rainur on his shoulder. Just a light tap...
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
(16392) Lady Renja (exit): 22:07
(16466) Dranath: Init:: [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
(16468) DM: (this is a touch attack. AC 16.)
(16435) Atross: ((I expect a fear spell sadly))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (ac 15 without armor)
(16468) DM: (k)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (21 with benefits of armor)
** (16459) Morti 's cloth face faults at the sight of the moving effigy. Init: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15) **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, roll a d6 pls
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, +1 to Dex
** (16455) Thom hears the commotion and turns to see the moving statue. **
(16455) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(16435) Atross: ((I'll just come in next round, here's my initiative
(16435) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Something is different here"
(16468) DM: The statue brushes Rainur on the shoulder (AC 16, touch attack) and then freezes in place.
(16455) Zane: (( same here - surprise round first, since the statue was moving before I noticed... ))
(16466) Dranath: "Maybe more Magen?"
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade stares at the statue **
(16459) Morti: :to Thom in disbelief: "Think the stute was moved by Rainur's passion?"
(16455) Zane: "I have no idea. Moving statues is a new one to me..."
(16435) Atross: "I couldn't begin to guess."
** (16459) Morti moves closer to inspect the statue with an appraing eye. "COuld be a magen. I don't know anything about them." **
** (16455) Zane moves to Rainur, keeping an eye on the statue. "Rainur, are you ok?" **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I believe so...I feel strange"
** (16459) Morti waves his hand in front of the statue asking as only he could, "Hello, War Father... are you in there?" **
(16455) Thom: "I would imagine. A statue coming to life before me would make me feel wierd as well."
(16466) Dranath: "Strange how?"
(16435) Atross: "Strange in a particular way?"
(16459) Morti: :Looks back to Rainur to listen over his reaction.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I feel ...well...quicker?"
(16455) Thom: "From a statue? Really? Oh! Is this like the banguet?"
(16455) Zane: (( *banquet ))
(16459) Morti: "Hai hai... when something spooks me I get moving fast too."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not know, but I would be careful"
** (16466) Dranath is too filled with curiousity and moves to find Oneiros. **
(16455) Thom: "Hmm, maybe ..."
** (16459) Morti grins and looks about for a representation of Hurishta "I gotta see." **
** (16455) Thom looks to see any faces that he might recognize from stories. **
(16435) Atross: "Are we calling this wise now?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps it is a sign from the War Father that I should leave this statue alone"
(16459) Morti: "Wise... nope. They these guys sure have spent a lot of time perfecting strange magic"
(16459) Morti: (They =though)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, let us do what we need to do here and be done with this room...it is an affront to all of our gods"
** (16455) Thom walks to near a statue in particular, looking it over. **
(16466) Dranath: "Ayuh"
(16455) Thom: "Yeah, sure Rainur. So, that's what he looks like, huh?"
(16455) Zane: (( second part kinda to himself... ))
(16468) DM: The representation of Oneiros is that of a rail thin figure with a gigantic book chained to his arm. At the base of the statue is a plaque that says "La Persienne L'un". As for Hurishta, she is shown as "La Prostituée"
(16468) DM: There are four doors exiting from this chamber (shown above).
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "What do these words mean Pierre?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [7,-1] = (6)
(16466) Dranath: "The prisoner of...un?"
(16468) TaliesinNYC: Listen: [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
(16468) Pierre d'Amberville: The Blind One and The Whore.
** (16459) Morti strolls along the statues looking for Hurishta's likeness. Stopping in front of it, he screws up his mouth at her title. "That's not very kind." Kneeling down he scrawls upon the plague with his finger, writing "Not'" above Le Prostitute" (prestidigitation) "That's better" **
** (16455) Thom moves away from the statue, not really interested in it anymore and he moves back to the center of the room. **
** (16468) Pierre d'Amberville glances at the statues with disdain. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [8] = (8)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [1] = (1)
(16435) Atross: "Is there somewhere that looks like there may be a key?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: Yes they disgust me as well Pierre"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [14] = (14)
** (16466) Dranath shakes his head, "Start at the right?" **
** (16455) Thom starts looking over the alter. **
(16468) DM: As Morti does so, the figure of Hurishta leans down and brushes his shoulder...(AC 14, touch attack)
(16459) Morti: (miss, though he lets it do so, staring at the thing with a grin)
(16468) DM: (init if you wish)
(16468) DM: (ah)
(16459) Morti: (idiot's abundancy)
(16455) Zane: (( lol ))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: ((LOL))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [5] = (5)
(16435) Atross: ((Idoit's abundantly))
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade inspects the alter **
(16459) Morti: "Hey... do you talk? asks as the statue moves at him"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti , what are you doing!"
(16459) Morti: "Eh?" :Not expecting to be attacked since Rainur wasn't:
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (does it look as though the alter has been used recently?)
(16468) DM: The figure of Hurishta leans over Morti, kissing him on the cheek (AC 14, touch attack). Morti surprised by this turn of events, just stands there stupidly as it happens. A pair of amber bracers appears around his wrists, as the statue freezes in place.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(16455) Zane: "Morti? You ok?"
** (16466) Dranath raises a brow, with a shrug he moves to touch the statue of his god, his eyes squeezed to slits as the rest of his body recoils, just his thin arm reaching out. **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade moves the alter with all his might **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [3] = (3)
(16459) Morti: :A blush spreads through his mask at the kiss and he shies back not even realizing the bracers. "Y-you're welcome, Lady." Gives a respectful if spastic bow
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I think I hear someone under this alter!"
(16468) DM: Nothing seems to happen.
** (16455) Thom spies Dranath moving to a statue. "So much for leaving them alone...." **
** (16435) Atross heads over to the altar at Rainur's exclamation **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come on people help me move this!"
(16435) Atross: "Alright, can't be worse than messing with the statues."
** (16455) Zane looks at the alter, trying to see if maybe it just opens as opposed to moving. **
(16459) Morti: " Heh?" :Looking to Rainur, he comes out of his daze and moves to help
(16468) DM: You too can hear muffled cries for help, coming from the flagstones underneath the altar...
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Someone is calling for help"
** (16459) Morti goes wide-eyed at the sound and hurries to help push "Lets hurry" **
(16459) Morti: Str check: [1d20-2] -> [12,-2] = (10)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(16435) Atross: Strength: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(16435) Atross: ((We're so weak))
** (16435) Atross helps Rainur push. **
(16459) Morti: (but at least there are plenty of us)
(16455) Zane: "Guys, that looks pretty solidly attached to the floor...
(16455) Thom: "Hold on!"
** (16466) Dranath looks back at the others, then at the statue, "I'll topple you later.." He moves to look over the altar. **
(16459) Morti: "Think there's a trapdoor?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hold on, let the locksmith work"
** (16455) Zane moves to next to the alter, and falls to his knees, grabbing a couple of stones. "These appear to be newly disturbed, maybe it is a way underneath." **
(16455) Thom: "Help me move these..."
(16468) TaliesinNYC: 25: You hear a muffled, forlorn howling and a faint scratching sound that seems to be coming from beneath the altar paving stones.
(16466) Dranath: "Devourer's teeth, what could it be?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Wait that does not sound good"
(16455) Thom: (( how big are these stones? ))
(16459) Morti: "Um... shouldn't we make sure this isn't something that was sealed down there for a reason first?"
** (16455) Zane stops. "Hey - you were the ones trying to move it..." **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates on the floor beneath **
(16466) Dranath: "Everyone, stop for a moment"
(16435) Atross: "In this 'chapel'? What would give you that idea?"
(16459) Morti: :Raps his knuckles on the floor: "Excuse me.. Sorry to bother you, but what are you doing down there?" :In classic Morti style:
(16466) Dranath: "Stand back.."
** (16455) Thom moves away from where he was. **
(16468) DM: (thom) (the flagstones are hand sized)
(16455) Thom: (( k ))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Stay back! There is evil down there...this holy water should let you see as it drips down the cracks..."
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade pours a vial of holy water down the cracks and lets it seap into the floor below" **
(16468) Forlorn Voice: MMF! Help me!!!!
** (16455) Zane steps a few feet away from the alter entirely, tossing his hands up. **
(16468) Forlorn Voice: I need to get out, not get soaked! Help me!!!
** (16466) Dranath draws his holy symbol into his hand, and begins to mutter "Oneiros, prince of the sky, renew thy pact, given to me, take my shape as yours, turn me to mist, make me mist." His body sweeps away, disolving into a gaseous shape. **
** (16459) Morti shurgs. Okay then, we don't open the floo-uhh... Um... Sorry. Uh... are you alone down there?" **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Why should we help you evil soul?"
** (16459) Morti glances up at Dranath's dissolution, "Wish I could do that." Quirks a cloth brow. "Why did you do that?" **
(16468) Forlorn Voice: Help me out!!!
** (16466) Dranath starts seeping into the ground. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Who and what are you...I can sense your evil!"
(16435) Atross: "How about something simple. How did you get down there?"
** (16459) Morti watches dranath's performance as the others talk **
(16468) Forlorn Voice: mmfph! Help!
(16459) Morti: (can we discern basics from the voice? age/gender?)
(16468) DM: (female)
(16468) DM: (not much else.)
(16455) Zane: "Sorry Rainur, but your holy water trick told me nothing, it sounds sincere to me."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Madam, who are you?"
** (16455) Zane moves to the alter and starts removing stones again. **
** (16466) Dranath is in the hole with it, but can't communicate to the others what he's found, he begins to seep back out. **
(16468) Forlorn Voice: Help me!
(16468) DM: More clawing sounds.
** (16459) Morti holds out a hand to THom in halting **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "How do we help you?
** (16455) Thom glares at Morti. "You claim to be good, but don't want to help someone crying for help, huh?" **
(16435) Atross: "Please, calm down. How can you be gotten out?"
(16459) Morti: "COuld be an illusion." Tilts head "Have to be a little careful"
(16468) Forlorn Voice: Mmph!!!
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom, there is evil down there. Let us figure out what we are dealing with before we do anyrhing"
** (16459) Morti watches Dranath returning, waiting for him to reform **
** (16466) Dranath is unwilling to release his spell yet, so goes to scout under the doors first.. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "There is a story about the magister freeing something that brought great evil upon the world unknowingly"
(16455) Thom: "Illusion? Maybe, but I believe it."
(16459) Morti: "Hey... where are you going?" :calls after Dranath:
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let the one who is scouting...scout before we commit to an action"
(16435) Atross: "Did the magister have to possibly leave an innocent person trapped with a great evil?"
(16466) Dranath: The mist settles about the ground, beginning to seep under the right-most door.
** (16455) Thom sits on the floor where he had been digging, no longer digging, but muttering under his breath. **
(16435) Atross: "How long have you been in there? Can you hear me?"
(16459) Morti: :agrees with Rainur: "Yeah. and then there's that time I unleashed that fiend , J"
(16455) Zane: "So, what exactly are we waiting for, huh?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, she is burried in the ground and there is evil coming from her...might not be a great idea my friends to free her until we know what we are dealing with"
(16435) Atross: "Dranath has been inside now, we're waiting for him to come back and tell us what's in there. She is not being very responsive to questions."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I can think of a few things....undead, undead, and lets say undead"
(16455) Zane: "Maybe, i just figured you all would want to help the poor trapped soul."
(16481) Special (enter): 22:53
(16459) Morti: "She could be another daemon."
(16481) Special (exit): 22:53
(16435) Atross: "Don't forget fiends."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Very true little one"
** (16459) Morti stands up as they wait for Dranath, looking about the statues again, seeking out trayn's favored Solnor. **
** (16455) Thom keeps looking back at the hole that he has started. **
(16435) Atross: "Or just another person like the rest of this family who got locked in by yet another insane D'amberville."
(16435) Atross: "Almost everyone we've met here has been a little odd."
(16455) Zane: "Exactly, and are you all not here to free them?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do you wish to take that chance Atross? Look what happened to me with those wraiths...we were bvery lucky"
(16459) Morti: :as he strolls: "Though, J didn't seem that bad. Saved us from Quyjanoth." :grimaces: "And gave us a side of beef."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: very
(16435) Atross: "I'm just thinkin."
(16435) Atross: *Thinking
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Dranath, where are you?"
** (16455) Thom looks over the inactivity of the group and finally stands, walking away from the alter and back to the statue he was studying earlier. **
(16435) Atross: "I don't like leaving someone locked up. It would be better to be dead than trapped forever."
** (16455) Thom mumbles a few things, seeming to talk to the statue. **
(16459) Morti: "Hmmm... true. there may be an enchantment making her seem evil too. THough... how long could someone have been down there. And why doesn't she respond?"
(16435) Atross: "There's too much I don't know. I wish Dranath would hurry."
(16435) Atross: "Can you check for magic?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, I lead this group but I am open to suggestions. If the group feels that we should free the evil being and accepts the reprocussions, then I accept this fate"
(16459) Morti: "Hai hai." :Agrees with Atross as he looks about peruses for Solnor's statue.
(16466) Dranath: (Im going to seep into Atross's body and then dispel the spell)
(16435) Atross: ((Oh, thanks))
(16468) DM: (he dissolved into mist, Alfred)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (Yes I know...just rping)
(16459) Morti: "Oh.. good point. I could check for magic."
(16459) Morti: "Though I'd rather not waste a spell if Dranath can answer it for us."
(16435) Atross: "Maybe we shouldn't hurry him after all."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well let us wait then"
** (16466) Dranath finally forms back into his usual shape after a while of letting the spell run it's course, his full form stepping out of the banked mist with a slight breeze. **
(16468) DM: Solnor's statue is conspiciously missing from the chapel.
(16466) Dranath: "It was a woman, with pale skin and a white dress torn to ribbons. She breathes... I suggest getting her out.. how she has abided so long? I cannot know.."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "What did you see my brother?"
(16459) Morti: "Hmmm..." :scratches his head as he looks about without avail. Then turns to smile to Dranath. "Welcome back."
(16468) DM: However, the plaque declares "L'Idiot"
(16459) Morti: (as in there's a plague for his statue which isn't there?)
(16468) DM: (yes)
(16466) Dranath: "I also took the time to scout out those doors," pointing to the door in the right wing of the chapel, "There were robed figures seated motionless in each room."
** (16459) Morti strolls back to the stones, focusing his aura and reaching out with his mind (detect magic) **
(16455) Thom: "So, what about the woman? Maybe she stopped answering because she has passed out from being buried down there."
(16435) Atross: "How long could she have been down there?"
(16466) Dranath: "It's a mystery not unraveled by simply seeing her.."
(16455) Zane: "In this place, who knows? After all - where did the animals that we ate earlier come from?"
(16435) Atross: "I guess we'll find out when we get the verdict on magic? or not."
** (16435) Atross stops for a moment before saying, "You know, it's probably best not to ask that kind of question. It may or may not have been magic." **
(16459) Morti: "Not magic. So the Evil... is probably her."
(16455) Thom: "I'm just saying that much about this place doesn't make sense..."
(16468) Forlorn Voice: HELP ME!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ANY GOD, HELP ME!!!!
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, free her"
** (16455) Zane runs over to the stones and starts moving them. **
(16466) Dranath: "Get her out, maybe rainur just saw the evil of the chapel in general, such a mockery of every god must be evil in some way.."
** (16435) Atross starts digging. **
(16455) Thom: :mumbles: "About time...."
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade gets his axe ready **
** (16459) Morti raises an exaggerated cloth brow at Rainur and prepares for danger as the prisoner is exumed **
(16435) Atross: "We'll have to decide what to do with her after she's out. Maybe she'll make more sense then too."
(16459) Morti: "Make sense for us... make dinner of us.... One or the other."
(16468) DM: Eventually, you unearth a deep pit. A pale white hand emerges from beneath the altar and into the light of the chapel. This is followed by another hand, as Atross and Thom help a bedraggled human woman, in a shredded nightgown out of the hole.
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade draws a throwing axe from his belt that seems unusually beautiful and well balanced. Craftmanship that you have never seen before **
(16466) Dranath: "If it was a powerful undead, such as a vampire, it could've gotten out as easily as I got in."
(16468) DM: She appears to have been buried alive.
(16468) DM: Her deep brown eyes blink unsteadily in the light as she gazes at you in gratitude.
(16455) Thom: "And this is your evil Rainur?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! (hugs Thom)
** (16455) Zane helps her out, then turns back to the hole, looking inside for anything else that might give answers. **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade is quiet **
** (16459) Morti grins at the escapee politely.. over his aimed crossbow. **
(16455) Zane: "You are welcome Ma'dam...."
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville appears not to notice Rainur and Morti as she gives Thom a peck on each of his cheeks. "Merci bien for helping me out of that hole. I am in your debt." **
(16435) Atross: "So, can you tell me how you got in there now?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: I fell asleep....and then I woke up to find myself in that hole!
(16466) Dranath: "Lady, what is your name?"
** (16455) Thom stammers a bit. "Uhh, it was nothing...." **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade keeps his axe ready **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: My name, my friends, is Madeline of the d'Ambervilles.
** (16466) Dranath raises a brow.. **
** (16455) Thom looks at her strangely. **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville glances up at Rainur. "Is it the custom of your people to greet those in need with weapons drawn? Put down your axe and bow." **
(16459) Morti: "Madeline..?" :mutters to Rainur: "Lionman, asked us to... her, right?"
(16466) Dranath: Dranath lowers himself into the hole, "Someone give me some light."
** (16455) Thom sticks his rapier in the hole, lighting it on fire a mere inch from his face. **
** (16466) Dranath freaks out, "get that thing away from me, fool!" **
** (16455) Zane pulls his rapier back out., snickering. "You asked for light..." **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "In your house, it has become the custom to always be prepared for peril, and there must be a reason why you were placed there my lady"
(16455) Thom: "Besides, I didn't see anything down there earlier."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I can sense your evil my lady, this is a fact"
(16435) Atross: "Well what do you plan to do now that you're free? Surely someone put you that hole if you were asleep."
(16466) Dranath: "Idiot, do that again and see if I don't lean the weight of my wrath on you." He shoots him a glare from the hole.
** (16466) Dranath shakes his head and examines the hole **
** (16455) Zane watches Dranath and shakes his head. "Fine, don't believe me then." **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Although I believe that most souls can be redeemed"
** (16455) Thom turns back to Madeline. "So, you have no idea who put you down there?" **
(16435) Atross: "What I think Rainur is trying to say is that we've met worse evils than just people here. And the people are who we're supposed to save."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Well then, that is for me to determine, non? You are in my house (*raises her voice*) and therefore a guest of my family. I command you to put down your axe and bow. (at Morti as well)
** (16459) Morti grins back, maintaing his aim, "Even if you say that, Lady, we still feel unsure. Please understand." **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: As for my evil, don't tell me you have been listening to that fool of a paladin, Richard. He has been simmering in his cups ever since I rejected his advances.
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville tosses her head back defiantly **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I respectfully decline your command for I can sense evil in people, and you my lady are full of it"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes Richard is mad, but you are evil"
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville shrugs. "It makes not one difference to me what you think of me. I can be an ally or a foe, it is your choice." **
(16459) Morti: "Well... we'd prefer ally. We're actually here to free your family from your curse after all"
(16466) Dranath: After a moment of deliberation, he climbs back out of the hole.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Until you prove to be an ally, I will be careful my lady"
** (16466) Dranath moves up to Rainur, whispering in his ear **
(16435) Atross: "If you want to help, we need some certain keys in order to find the items necessary to break the curse. And the Gate of Silver Keys to use them at it would seem."
(16435) Atross: "Either of those sound familiar?"
(16435) Atross: "Just for curiosity's sake, what do you know about this place, this chapel?"
(16459) Morti: "Yeah, and we have to get to that other world.. somehow."
** (16435) Atross feels fine posing 20 questions because he's not the one being yelled at. **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: I happen to know where a key resides, but you shall not have that information, monsieur. At least not without a price.
(16459) Morti: 0.o "What would you do with coins here?" :honestly curious:
(16466) Dranath: "Not all prices are of gold and silver.."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "You have been freed, is there not a price for your freedom? Or shall we return you to your former place?
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville peers at Morti. **
(16459) Morti: "She wants to trade then?"
(16455) Zane: "Somehow I doubt that is the type of price Morti. Probably more like a favor."
(16455) Thom: (( whoops - I'm a bit slow apparently ))
(16466) Dranath: Dranath wipes dirt off of his otherwise immaculate black clothing, "Perhaps."
(16435) Atross: "How valuable can the key be to you compared to being able to win freedom for all in this cursed chateau?"
(16459) Morti: "How many favors can we take? They start to overlap."
(16466) Dranath: "Tell us of your price, then we shall choose to pay it or not.."
(16435) Atross: ((i'm appealing to her noble senses, hah))
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville shrugs. "All I know is that you are not of this world and want to leave. Whether you wish me to help or not is up to you, but it seems that one or two of you have already made your choice. I thank you for freeing me and am in your debt. If this is not proof enough of my intentions, then I can do no more." **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville inspects her fingernails. **
(16455) Thom: "Yes, Ma'dam Magdelene, but what is the price of which you ask for your help finding the key?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: I would like you to help me kill my brother, who imprisoned me here in that pit.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well then my lady speak your price and we shall discuss it"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Then, when his head has been severed from his body, will I tell you the location of a key.
** (16455) Thom glances at Rainur, not wanting to mis his reaction. **
(16466) Dranath: "I thought you didn't know who took you?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I thought you said that you did not know who it was that imprisioned you here...even now you lie!"
(16459) Morti: "Weren't you put in when you were sleeping? How do you know who put you there?"
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville shrugs. "I...just remembered it." **
(16466) Dranath: (lol, all out bullshit detectors went off)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I see"
(16466) Dranath: "Or you want us to play assassin... maybe Simon rejected you?"
(16459) Morti: "Wow..." Cocks his head, "... even I lie better than that."
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville turns on Dranath furiously. "What has that imbecile been telling you?!?!" **
** (16466) Dranath grins, "We've not seen him, but you just told us plenty, I think.." **
** (16455) Thom backs away from Madeline, moving to inspect the alter more. **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville glares at Dranath. "Your chances of receiving my help are less and less, fool." **
(16435) Atross: "Right, kill your brother and bring you his head. Would you like that on a silver platter? And shall we do that before or after playing executioner 'noble' lionface the paladin. Honestly, if your family could just get along you wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place."
(16435) Atross: (Executioner for, sorry)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are not hired assassins...if you wish to slay him you must do it yourself. If you wish to remain here until eternity, never to rest, do not tell us where the key is and that will be your fate...the choice is yours my lady"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Not that brother, idiot. Charles, my other brother. The effete.
(16455) Thom: "Well Ma'dam, I think the possibilty of us paying the price was never even close to a thought on anyone's mind, sorry."
(16459) Morti: "I'm almost considering leaving em cursed." :turns to the fop: "No offense Pierre."
(16435) Atross: "i can agree that I'll take your offer into consideration upon meeting the aforesaid individual."
(16435) Atross: "But don't hold your breath."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: You are certainly more confident than those fools who passed this way a while back. (muttering)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "You are an evil soul and have had a long time to think about your actions...do you not think it is enough? Really, Lady Magdelene, enough is enough...we just want to end this curse not do your family's dirty work.
(16459) Morti: "So... where would we find Charles?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: And who are you to judge me?
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am a priest...it is my job to point out other choices"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Somewhere in his books. (waves her hand wearily)
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: You are a fool, like Richard and Simon.
(16435) Atross: "Who are we to judge Charles? Who are you to call for his death?"
** (16466) Dranath shrugs, the catharsis evoked at the idea of rejection leads him to believe most of the family was but a brood of incestuous decadents. "We judge you as those asked to help you- we must make a judgement for you have asked us to kill for you.. Im sure you've had a harrowing time- where can we find you if we care to?" **
** (16455) Thom wishes to get away from the talk of assination, and starts looking over the doors in the back of the room. **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Here in this chapel. (collapses in tears, crying)
** (16459) Morti lowers his crossbow as she begins to cry, his clothen brow furrowing **
** (16466) Dranath raises a brow, "Lady, you should rest.." **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps, you will find light in the warmth of Solnor or my lord the War Father, but you my lady need guidance...seek their way"
(16435) Atross: "Let it out; it's better not to repress your troubles until you feel like you want to kill someone."
** (16459) Morti steps toward and crouches down before her, asking in a cautious tone, "You've been here a really long time, huh? It must be tough." **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: ((a fireside chat with your host Morti))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15),[1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(16459) Morti: (puts on some Louis Armstrong and takes up a glass of brandy)
** (16455) Thom looks back to everyone at the alter, slowly walking back that way. **
(16435) Atross: "Want a philosophy lesson? Take life as it comes, do what feels right, and never look back. You can't change the past, only learn from it."
** (16455) Thom walks up to Rainur and places a hand on his shoulder and whispers to him. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ok everyone, if she will not help us, we must press on"
(16435) Atross: ::to the rest of the group::"Should we get moving then? It looks like someone needs time to think."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "At least tell us what lies behind those doors"
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade points to the left and right **
(16466) Dranath: (ive already told you what lies in A, B and C)
(16455) Thom: "Dranath said something about robed men behind those doors."
(16435) Atross: "Didn't Dranath say it was motionless robed figures? Through there at least (points to east door)"
** (16459) Morti nods to Rainur and Atross, then leans in to offer to the crying woman, "I spent a few years in locked in a cage myself. It may not compare to your cativity but I got out. Give us a bit, and we'll try our best to get you out too. Promise." Then standing he walks over to join the others **
(16455) Zane: "The other doors are already unlocked, though I do not know what awaits behind them."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well we must search so at least that is a good place to start...at least we know they are statues"
(16455) Zane: "Like that means anything in this place..."
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade chuckles **
(16466) Dranath: "I didnt say statues.. just.. motionless like statues."
(16466) Dranath: (is the DM typing?)
(16455) Zane: (( nope ))
(16435) Atross: "You mean they don't look like stone."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "whatever...let us see"
(16466) Dranath: "They wore amber robes.."
(16435) Atross: ((Perhaps if we declare an action he'll wake up =D))
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade goes to door at a,b,c **
** (16435) Atross goes to the east door. **
** (16455) Thom goes along, in case it is locked. **
(16455) Thom: (( 26 a,b,c I take it? ))
(16435) Atross: ((Yeah))
(16468) DM: (thanks)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom can you check the lock and perhaps if there are any surprises?
** (16455) Zane checks the door for any nasty surprises. (Search for traps ) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
** (16455) Thom tries to open the door **
(16468) DM: You see a narrow wooden corridor with three closed wooden doors lining the other side.
** (16466) Dranath frowns and tries to bump over the statue while he is at it. **
(16466) Dranath: )statue of oneiros)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] -> [5] = (5)
(16455) Thom: "Innie, minnie, miney... Which one?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us open the door right in front of us"
(16435) Atross: "How about the one on our right? (c) Since that's how we decided on this door in the first place."
(16468) DM: The statue comes alive as Dranath tries to push it over and attempts to seize him by the neck (AC9, miss).
** (16455) Thom aproaches the far right door (( #26c )) **
(16468) DM: (init if you want, Dranath.)
(16435) Atross: "Well, how I picked it anyway."
** (16455) Zane checks the door for any nasty surprises. (Search for traps ) **
(16466) Dranath: "Gah!" bounces back, "tried to kill me."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [13,7] = (20)
** (16459) Morti follows after Rainur and Thom, still watching Madeline. **
** (16455) Zane tries to open the door. **
** (16466) Dranath trots after the others **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(16468) DM: The statue of Oneiros moves after Dranath.
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade draws his short sword **
(16466) Dranath: "I wonder why it attacked me and not you guys- uhhhm, ut-oh"
** (16455) Thom hears a commotion. "What the?" **
(16468) DM: (init)
** (16466) Dranath recoils back as he notices the statue is giving chase. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Atross, give Dranath a hand please?"
(16466) Dranath: Init:: [1d20+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
** (16435) Atross turns at the door to 26 to see what Dranath is talking about. **
** (16455) Zane looks back at where the statue is chasing Dranath **
(16435) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
(16435) Atross: "Right."
(16459) Morti: "Maybe he just wants to hug you!" :to Dranath:
(16468) DM: (19, Atross)
(16455) Zane: "Whatever - you all figure it out..."
(16459) Morti: init: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
** (16455) Zane then pulls out some tools and begins working on the 'lock'. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
(16435) Atross: "Do you mind if I try to break it?"
(16466) Dranath: "Crap, why does it do this to me?"
** (16455) Thom looks at the others rushing to Dranath's aid, but the next door cathes his eye... **
(16435) Atross: "Okay then."
(16455) Thom: :: to himself:: "Hmmm, another lock perhaps?"
** (16435) Atross draws his flail and moves to attack the statue. **
(16435) Atross: ((How far?))
(16468) DM: (no need for minis. melee range.)
(16435) Atross: ((Then I also get to attack it))
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Damage: [1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(16468) DM: (yes)
(16459) Morti: "Maybe you shouldn't have pushed it over. try apologising"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(16466) Dranath: "That's what Rainur was going to do..."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
(16435) Atross: ((AC is now 19 thanks to the buckler, btw))
(16459) Morti: "Well, the plaque said he was blind. Maybe he thought it was your shoulder he was grabbing"
(16468) DM: (k, 28 hits)
(16435) Atross: "Well I hope he doesn't mind my flail too terribly much."
(16468) DM: (17, Morti)
(16459) Morti: (delay)
(16468) DM: (6, Dran)
(16459) Morti: :grimaces: "I'd mind it"
(16466) Dranath: (eh, ill delay, just want to see what it does- dont want to waste a spell yet, and dranath attacking is futile)
(16468) DM: (4, the statue)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(16468) DM: (tries to seize Dranath by the neck again but misses (AC12, touch attack))
(16468) DM: (end of round, any actions?)
(16466) Dranath: (touch ac is 10 i think, heh)
(16466) Dranath: (yeah, my touch ac is 10)
(16468) DM: (k. then sec)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [1] = (1)
(16466) Dranath: Will: [1d20+5+3+2] -> [6,5,3,2] = (16)
(16435) Atross: (Going for the inside straight? Oh wait, that was your saving throw.)
(16468) Statue of Oneiros: By the power vested in me by the will of the d'Ambervilles, I hereby curse you so that you are no longer Dranath of Oneiros, but Dranatharia of Oneiros! Be it so and so be it!
(16468) DM: With a flash of amber light, Dranath of Oneiros is no more. He is now a she.
(16435) Atross: "Power vested by the will of the d'Ambervilles... Definitely not a normal chapel."
(16455) Thom: (( ROTLFMAO! ))
** (16459) Morti blinks a few times, stunned silent by the change **
(16435) Atross: ((Does the statue now stop?))
(16468) DM: The statue freezes in place when this occurs.
(16459) Morti: : After a few moments of respectable silence. "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Laughs his head off:
** (16455) Thom doesn't even notice, as he is still working in the other room. **
** (16466) Dranath makes a noise at the back of his, er, her throat, the flash of light leaving her stunned, mouth hanging open. **
(16435) Atross: "Sorry I couldn't be of more help there man.. er?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "What has happened here, this is an insane place! Dranath..uh or whoever you are now...are you all right?"
(16435) Atross: "Is that still Dranath? Makes me wonder what really happened to Rainur..."
** (16466) Dranath his once quiet, but still masculine voice is now changed to a soft purr, definently more feminine, "I.. I .. I'm a woman!?!?" **
(16455) Zane: ::from the hallways labeled #26:: "What the? NOOO! These were supposed to be the best! That no good lying cheating son of......"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am sorry."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "What happened Thom?"
(16459) Morti: :Laughing like a jackal, "HAhahaha ... guess that's what you get... hehe... for pushing him over. HAHAHAHA"
(16435) Atross: "Now what?"
** (16435) Atross , his thoughts scattered by the sudden outburst from the room he once again just left. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I assure you, Atross....EVERYTHING is in working order in THAT department"
** (16455) Zane comes out of the hallway, fuming. "That lying bas&*#%. How dare he cheat me! After all that..." He stops short seeing the 'new' person. **
** (16466) Dranath sighs, his frame was somewhat delicate as a man, so it makes for a rather elfish woman, "I hope this can be fixed" she looks curiously down her own shirt.... **
(16435) Atross: "Well, if the blind did that, I wonder what the coward was vested to perform."
(16455) Thom: "Uhhh, what happened?"
(16435) Atross: "I think we would have noticed so obvious a change, i agree."
** (16459) Morti wipes his tearing eyes, assuring Dranath, "Haha... don't worry. I'm sure if we return to the Citadel they can help you. Hehe.." **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "He has been cursed to be a woman. Truly a vile curse"
(16435) Atross: "Dranath has been touched by the gods and their name is d'Amberville."
(16435) Atross: "Now, I don't suppose anyone plans on messing with the other statues now?"
(16466) Dranath: (so now there is a lesbian in the party, we can say we have -everything-)
(16468) DM: (erm ok)
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade starts to act all macho with reference to him possible loss of manliness **
** (16455) Zane tries to not laugh, and clenches his hand to stop himself. Suddenly, his face gets serious as he raises his hand and opens it, showing a broken peice of his toolkit. **
** (16466) Dranath clamps her lips shut in a slight frown, shaking her head. "Let's uh.. continue." **
(16435) Atross: (I'm sure Dranath was most devoted to his faith and had made certain pertinent vows anyway, right?)
(16468) DM: (I wonder what Donovan's friend will think when he reads *THIS* log, LOL)
** (16459) Morti glances at Rainur, getting a mental image of the barbarian in a dress, and bited his lips to restrain another laughing outburst **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "MORTI!!!"
(16466) Dranath: "I refuse to be called Dranatharia.. idiot name"
(16455) Thom: ::low, growling voice:: "If we ever get back.... He will pay for this...."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ok petunia"
** (16466) Dranath shakes her spear at the barbarian. **
(16435) Atross: "How about Dranath? Hmm...
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Now what happened to you thom that you are so angry?"
(16435) Atross: "Maybe Dara? Drana?"
** (16459) Morti holds up his hands to calm Dranath, **
(16459) Morti: "Now now... a pretty thing like you shouldn't be threatening people. hehehe.."
(16455) Thom: "Someone sold me some tools that were supposed to be high quality, but they just snapped like a twig after a dry fall."
** (16466) Dranath fumes **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps the lock was too strong?"
(16493) RoseThorn (enter): 00:15
** (16459) Morti backs off "Kidding.. kidding" **
** (16455) Thom looks up at rainur, the look on his face showing that he never considered it. **
(16513) Talin (enter): 00:16
(16455) Zane: "Wha?? But... I have never seen a lock THAT strong before..."
(16435) Atross: "Well, there's always the old fashioned way to open it then."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Have you ever seen a man turned into a comely woman before?
(16466) Dranath: "It's possible they havent been opened in a long time- I just went under the door"
(16435) Atross: ((That's a good question, is Dranatharia at least a comely woman, or is she a hag to boot?))
** (16455) Thom looks back at Dranath. "Well, no... I haven't." **
** (16466) Dranath glares at rainur **
(16513) Talin (exit): 00:17
(16466) Dranath: (she should be decent looking, I have a good charisma)
(16468) DM: (she is whatever the player wants her to be, although at Cha 14, she is more than average)
** (16455) Zane chuckles a little, torn between the comedy of Dranth's moment and the pain of his own moment. **
(16435) Atross: ((But charisma isn't a measure of looks, but more to do with personality, remember?))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "It could be used to our advantage"
(16435) Atross: ((I suppose since Dranath wasn't fat, bald, or scarred we can expect decent results.))
(16455) Thom: (( woo hoo! We got a hottie in our party now... ;) ))
(16468) DM: (and inner beauty is sometimes a measure of outer beauty. like I said, the PC can be whatever the player wants her to be.)
(16466) Dranath: (right, but I think it's the closest measure. she is a small framed, feyish featured girl, with self confidence and air of mystery, like dranath, only with boobs and a nicer ass.)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Anyway, can you open the door?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "If not we can knock"
(16435) Atross: ((An all around improvement then, some curse =P))
** (16455) Thom shakes his head sadly. "Not that one I can't... I unlocked one before that... I've just not been beaten by a lock in a VERY long time..." **
(16466) Dranath: this is kinda useless now, but i had drawn him.. heh
(16435) Atross: (Should not have messed with the unknown, tsk tsk)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well should we force it?"
(16459) Morti: (now you can draw her ;-D )
(16455) Zane: "if you want, you can try."
(16435) Atross: "Let's check the room that was unlocked first."
(16466) Dranath: (hehe, i kinda like it- i dont have a problem with playing women)
(16466) Dranath: (it's funny)
(16459) Morti: (and easier to get drinks)
(16455) Thom: "Sure. The first room, on the far right - I got that one."
(16435) Atross: "Look on the bright side, at least Madeline was too self-absorbed into her own torment to notice what just happened yet."
** (16466) Dranath sits down on a pew, folding one leg over the other and adjusting the high boots he wears, tightening them around now shapely legs. she also pulls her belt taught, and adjusts other wardrobe pieces. As a man she wore rather generic clothing, so despite being too big in some places, and too small in others, she was still comfortable. **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade opens door c **
(16466) Dranath: (she.. she..she)
** (16459) Morti follows Rainur, coming down from his laughing high **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade prepares to jump out of the way if attacked **
(16468) DM: This room appears to be a sparsely furnished priest cell. A figure garbed in amber robes sits on a stone bench, motionless. A faint aroma of dried rose petals stirs your nostrils.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "My borther, you are freed from your cell"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: brother
(16468) Wight: I see. Lunch is served!
** (16435) Atross waits outside the room to return his flail to his belt **
(16466) Dranath: Init?
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
** (16466) Dranath moves to the others once she is adjusted nicely **
(16468) DM: It stands up and tries to grab Rainur's arm (AC 11, miss)
(16468) DM: It's a wight.
(16468) Wight: Brothers! Food has arrived, courtesy of the Master!
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
(16459) Morti: init: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
(16468) DM: Doors in the corridor open...
** (16455) Thom is still in the main room, looking over his broken pick, in shock. **
(16435) Atross: ((So do we roll now? I presume it is clearly dead now that we can see it))
(16435) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
(16455) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [9,9] = (18)
(16466) Dranath: Init:: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: Dranatharia, turn this foul thing!"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d2-+1] -> [2,-1] = (1)
** (16435) Atross is at the door to C having just put away his flail and now hurriedly retrieving his bow already. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
(16466) Dranath: "I shall bring Oneiros full wrath upon them!" starts to move for her holy symbol.
(16468) DM: In the corridor is another wight that emerges from 26a, and a second at 26b.
(16468) DM: (22, Dran)
** (16466) Dranath raises the lovingly aged and polished holy symbol, the lights dimming as she calls down divine power and it descends among them. "Foul creatures, you shall be punished for the destiny you neglected, for returning to the mortal coil in your damned state!" **
(16466) Dranath: Most Powerful Turned: [1d20+2+2] -> [10,2,2] = (14)
(16466) Dranath: Turning Damage: [2d6+7+2] -> [5,5,7,2] = (19)
(16466) Dranath: wow
(16466) Dranath: up to 8 hd
(16466) Dranath: and 19 total hit die
(16466) Dranath: 3HD or less are destroyed instantly
(16466) Dranath: up to 8 HD per creature, 19 total hit die, that is..
(16493) RoseThorn (exit): 00:32
(16435) Atross: ((And turning resisterance is a number added to their HD for the purpose of turning, if they have it))
(16435) Atross: ((Which most intelligent undead do))
(16468) DM: (nope)
(16468) DM: All three of them are cowering now...
(16435) Atross: ((But not all, thankfully))
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade smiles and begins the slicing **
(16435) Atross: "Your power is not diminished I presume."
(16468) DM: (18, Thom)
(16468) DM: (not yet Alf, relax lol)
** (16466) Dranath snarls slightly, her small lips showing the disdain she holds for the creatures. "Cower, it will save you not." **
** (16455) Thom hearing the shouts moves to help, drawing out his blade as he closes in, his blade ignighting as he attacks the one nearest the door (( one from 26b)) **
(16455) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [2,3] = (5) normal and [1d6] -> [6] = (6) fire damage
(16459) Morti: "Hai... the power of a Holy Maiden. I think this means she's a virgin." :offers sagaciously:
(16435) Atross: "I should hope so, there hasn't been any time since the transformation for... nevermind, I'd rather not think about it."
** (16466) Dranath sticks her tongue out at morti (despite it all, she is cute..) **
(16468) DM: (seriously wounded)
(16468) DM: (15, Atr)
** (16435) Atross redraws his flail as he moves in to finish the wight Thom just attacked. **
(16435) Atross: "No need to waste arrows on these."
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(16459) Morti: (... and so a challenger for cutest appears before Morti. Dum-dum-DUM!!)
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Damage: [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(16459) Morti: (really... Dumb-dumb-DUMB!!)
(16468) DM: (critical)
(16468) DM: (15, Rain)
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade lifts his swords and starts to slice away **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d10+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+7] -> [2,7] = (9)
(16468) DM: (yes and yes, but 26a and 26b are not in melee range so cleave is n/a)
(16468) DM: (drops)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (18 pts total to the one in rm c)
(16468) DM: (11, Mort)
(16435) Atross: ((By my calculations that meens that 26b has 1 hp))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "And that is the power of the War Father"
(16468) DM: (26a and 26b are out in the hallway. 26b is approx. 20' away from your present position. 26a is 50' from you.)
** (16459) Morti heads for 26a, stabbing with ilendus **
(16459) Morti: Ilendus Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)===> DMG: [1d4+2-2] -> [4,2,-2] = (4)
(16459) Morti: (guess I couldn't reach him then)
(16455) Zane: (( So Atroos, why didn't you do one more point of damage? ;) ))
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (what do you guys think, for the name?)
(16435) Atross: ((I could have, but I didn't remember to switch to a two handed grip))
(16455) Zane: (( ahhh ))
(16468) DM: (miss)
(16468) DM: (22, Dan)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, we must go over your technique again"
(16435) Atross: ((Morti missing being nothing new we continue with business as usual))
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (delay)
** (16466) Danae Valhardt stands ready, not able to move closer. **
(16459) Morti: (very cute name. Though aren't you slipping into the sex change quite... quickly?)
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (lol)
(16435) Atross: ((Let me guess, you had no care one way or the other for the gender of the character but wanted to play a mysterious fate cleric?))
(16435) Atross: ((I know the feeling))
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (ive played women before, a woman that likes girls would be even easier)
** (16459) Morti scratches his head in embarassment. "Alright, I can't fight. I get it" **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "No no, we will work on your technique again once we are out"
(16435) Atross: ((Argh, enough, I have to speak out.))
(16435) Atross: ((Rainur has a stutter, he's allways att tacking when he types))
(16468) DM: (18, Thm)
(16435) Atross: ((That is, you have an extra 't'))
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade moves towards the other undead **
(16435) Atross: ((Soon, soon))
(16455) Thom: (( lol - the things you notice, no wonder you don't do enough damage to kill a wight standing before you... ;) ))
(16435) Atross: ((Right, I'll fix that...))
** (16455) Thom attacks the wight before me that just didn't want to fall. **
(16455) Zane: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [4,3] = (7) normal and [1d6] -> [6] = (6) fire damage
(16455) Zane: (( crit threat, not that it matter... ))
(16468) DM: (15, Atr)
(16455) Thom: Flaming Rapier Critical Attack: [1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+6] -> [5,4,6] = (15) normal and [1d6] -> [2] = (2) fire damage
(16455) Zane: (( sorry, I just had to see if it worked or not... ))
** (16435) Atross grips his flail in both hands and charges at the remaining wight with a (hopefully)mighty swing. **
(16468) DM: (26b drops)
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+9+2] -> [10,9,2] = (21)
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Damage: [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(16468) DM: (lightly wounded)
(16468) DM: (15, Rain)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [15,9] = (24)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [6,12] = (18)
(16455) Thom: (( isn't it too far from Rainur? ))
(16435) Atross: ((Why do i pick a weapon with a big range if I roll so many 1's... ah well))
(16435) Atross: (Sadly, yes)
(16468) DM: (it's 50' from 26c, so if he can move that far, then no.)
(16455) Thom: (( that's ok atross, we'll finish it off for you. ;) ))
(16435) Atross: (He can move 40, I'm afraid)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (he is a barb)
(16455) Thom: (( but he felt faster remember.... ))
(16435) Atross: (Exactly, a monk could do it. Maybe it was dex?)
(16435) Atross: (regardless, one sword at such a time.)
(16466) Danae Valhardt: Rainur moves faster, Morti gets bracelets.. what do I get? Boobs...
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (italics is thinking)
(16455) Zane: (( yeah, definately not full attack option... ))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (make a call stan)
(16455) Thom: (( lol - welcome to the chateau.... ))
(16459) Morti: (power boobs...?)
(16435) Atross: (we know who won that deal)
(16455) Zane: (( uh, everyone but jack - since we got to laugh at him? ))
(16435) Atross: ((Simple, faster in what way? He's 10 ft off normally. If he's got longstrider or something he can make it. Simple))
(16468) DM: (guys, please cut the OOC commentary. Rainur can only move 40', just checked.)
(16468) DM: (these comments will be edited out of the log.)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (thanks stan)
(16468) DM: (so scratch those strikes, Rainur is now within 10' of the wight at 26a.) (11, Mort)
** (16459) Morti moves toward 26a(figuring he just attacked b) and lines up another stab **
(16459) Morti: Ilendus Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)===> DMG: [1d4+2-2] -> [3,2,-2] = (3)
(16468) DM: (miss) (22, Dan)
(16459) Morti: (god I suck)
** (16466) Danae Valhardt stands there, watching the wights, keeping them under her divine wrath. **
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (keep delaying)
(16468) DM: (18, Thm)
(16455) Thom: (( can I get to the thrid one? I know that Atross and Morti are both there? ))
(16468) DM: (yes)
** (16455) Thom attacks with a firey assualt. **
(16455) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [1,3] = (4) normal and [1d6] -> [1] = (1) fire damage
(16455) Thom: (( crit threat ))
(16455) Thom: Flaming Rapier Critical Attack: [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+6] -> [3,1,6] = (10) normal and [1d6] -> [1] = (1) fire damage
(16468) DM: (15, Atr)
(16468) DM: (critical)
** (16435) Atross continues the barrage of blows to beat down the battered beastie. **
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26)
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Damage: [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
(16435) Atross: Light Flail Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
(16468) DM: The wight drops, dead at last.
** (16455) Zane moves past the fallen wight and into room "26a", looking around it. **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville sobs, her cries echoing plaintively in the chapel. **
** (16435) Atross returns his flail to his belt and looks around the hall. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Good, evil has been dispatched again...another victory for the War Father with the help of a fellow member of the clergy"
(16468) DM: It's a spartanly furnished room like its twin.
(16435) Atross: "The doors are open now."
** (16466) Danae Valhardt nods to Rainur. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "And our party"
** (16466) Danae Valhardt closes her eyes, the divine presence lifting, she slumping against the wall slightly. **
** (16459) Morti stares at his dagger as he strolls back toward the chapel, muttering, "The poor magister wasted this gift on me." **
(16435) Atross: "No thanks necessary."
** (16455) Thom moves into the middle room - trying not to look at the lock where part of his broken pick remains. **
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Good job, I am given the power to cower them, but apparently the bonds of energy were not broken by my channeling, and I could not sever their unholy connections."
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "It is only by working together that we are powerful.."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: brb
** (16459) Morti cocks his head at Madeline, asking rhetorically, "Still crying? that much?" **
** (16466) Danae Valhardt follows morti, unsure how to walk as her anatomy is still new to her. **
** (16466) Danae Valhardt has always walked with long strides, and able to acheive speeds equivalent to the barbarian rainur when needed to. **
** (16435) Atross gets his bow ready **
(16435) Atross: "They said we were food sent by the master. What do you think we can find that one? Should we pay a visit?"
** (16455) Zane walks back into the main room where 'Dranath' is at. "Uh.. Did you happen to check the other door over there as well earlier?" ::Pooints across the chapel to the weatern door. (#26 d-f) **
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "It is difficult to move as a mist, and can only slowly; I was only able to inspect the doors we just encountered..."
(16455) Zane: "Ok, just thought I'd check.
(16455) Thom: "Atross - I'd wager that the master is behind one of these other doors."
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "I'd wager the master is Simon if anyone.."
** (16459) Morti moves to the pew behins Madeline, cautiously tapping her on the shoulder **
(16435) Atross: "My first guess is the doors across from where we came in."
(16455) Thom: ::shrugs:: "Maybe. But no matter who, we need to see if there is a Key anywhere in here."
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville looks up at Morti, through tear-laden red eyes. **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: I'd like to be left alone now...
(16459) Morti: :bows: "Sorry to interrupted, ma'am. I was just wondering if you knew where your brother Simon stays"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Oh, Simon? In the inner chapel, over there. (waves her hand wearily, to the north)
(16435) Atross: "It seems likely to me that someone important here might have something that's important here."::Quiets down to listen to Morti's conversation::
(16459) Morti: "Thank you ma'am. Sorry for interrupting agin." Stand and moves to join Atross
(16455) Thom: "Very true. So, let's go pay him a visit then, shall we?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well if there are more of those foul creatures here we should destroy them"
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville bows her head and goes back to her thoughts. **
(16455) Thom: "Well, if Simon is the master, he might keep a few around him."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well shall we check that door before we go and face simon?"
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Ayuh, I am not an inexhaustable fount, much power still resides in me, but best to take care of the master first."
(16435) Atross: "Hmm, deal with the source first or eliminate hostile forces that may potentially be behind us."
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "I say we continue our sweep from right to left" points at the door to the right and behind the altar.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes we can come back for the others. Their existence is enough to have them destroyed"
(16459) Morti: :Nods along in agreement:
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Besides, the touch of a wight is draining, it is better not to risk it."
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Do your thing Thom.."
(16435) Atross: "Then we'll visit Simon first."
(16459) Morti: (brb)
(16455) Zane: Both of those doors are unlocked already. Just pick one and enter."
(16455) Zane: (( both = 28 and 31... ))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Magdelene, is Simon still human or has he been changed like richard?"
(16435) Atross: "The one on the right then."
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville weeps. **
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Leave her alone Rainur.."
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "We shall find out for ourselves"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "It would be good to know what we are about to face...you must know your advisary"
(16523) Talin (enter): 01:17
(16523) Talin (exit): 01:17
(16435) Atross: "We're going to face someone we expect keeps pet wights, that helps to know."
(16455) Thom: "Rainur, she is not talking right now. Besides, how often have you actually known what you were going to fight beforehand?"
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville stands up, a bit unsteadily and catches hold of herself, then moves off to the door at 31, ignoring Rainur. **
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Then the shape is useless, if you are going to ask something of her, ask of his power..."
** (16466) Danae Valhardt watches her cross the floor of the chapel. **
** (16455) Thom sees her pass by, "I guess we aren't asking anything..." **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville stoops at the altar, and picks up a flagstone, then continues to the door. **
(16459) Morti: "Lady Madeline... ?" Asks dumbly as he slowly follows a bit behind her
** (16435) Atross follows here to the door. **
** (16455) Thom watches the woman, not knowing what she is doing. **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Brother, I come for you!!!! (laughing hysterically)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "That does not sound good"
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "oh boy..." she says almost as a sigh...
(16455) Thom: "Not at all..."
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville opens the door to 31 with inhuman strength. "I hope you have written your will, Brother!" **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I think we should follow"
(16435) Atross: "At least she's doing it herself this time..."
** (16466) Danae Valhardt nods, and follows after Rainur.... **
** (16455) Thom rushes after Madeline. **
** (16435) Atross continues after the raving lady. **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville enters, and tries to open the door to 31. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is bedlam"
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: Qui l'est? J'ai pensé j'ai dit que je n'a pas voulu être dérangé!!!
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre...please a quick translation!"
(16468) DM: You hear someone speaking barely above a whisper.
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade follows her **
(16468) Pierre d'Amberville: He doesn't want to be disturbed (shrugging)(
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville enters the room and throws the flagstone at someone. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "looks like he will be disturbed whether he chooses to or not"
** (16459) Morti glances back at Rainur curiously, "Translation?" **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Bury me alive, murderer!!! Well, meet your death!
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: Magdelene! Who?!?
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade views the family dispute **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
** (16435) Atross steps into the room. **
(16435) Atross: "Please calm down. Surely there's a better way to resolve this."
** (16459) Morti moves near Madeline calling through the door, "Forgive our intrusion, sir, but do you have a silver key with you in there with you?" **
** (16466) Danae Valhardt looks at Morti incredulouslt **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville strides up to an effetely dressed man with a balding pate and pale skin and seizes him by the neck (AC 5), but misses. **
(16466) Danae Valhardt: y
(16455) Zane: "Maybe we should let them work this out? Or not..." he adds as everone walks past him into the room.
(16435) Atross: "Can't you two just talk out your differences? You're family right?"
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: You! And you brought dear Richard's servants with you! Well, prepare to meet your doom! (chants)
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (spellcraft?)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh boy, there is majouka here ...we must be quick"
(16468) DM: (yes)
(16459) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [19,14] = (33)
(16466) Danae Valhardt: Spellcraft [1d20+9+3+2] -> [20,9,3,2] = (34)
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (geez)
(16459) Morti: "We aren't Richard's servants
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: The only truthful corpse is a dead corpse. (spits)
** (16459) Morti groans and moves to jump away from the doorway **
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: (init)
** (16455) Thom remains in the hallway outside room 31, listening to what is said. **
(16466) Danae Valhardt: Init:: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
(16459) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(16455) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [13,9] = (22)
(16435) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
(16468) DM: (22, Thm)
** (16455) Thom hears the threat and draws out his rapier, ignighting it, but remaining in the hallway - not sure what is happening yet. **
(16468) DM: (19, Dan)
(16527) brian (enter): 01:31
** (16466) Danae Valhardt hears the spell, and though she doesnt know the spell exactly, she does know that Ice is one of the energies used in damaging spells. She takes cover in the hallway.. **
** (16466) Danae Valhardt doesn't know what to think of the family-spat-turned-lethal **
(16527) brian (exit): 01:32
(16468) DM: (19, Madeline)
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: You seem to have forgotten, dear Brother, of what we did to witches in Averoigne. Well, you shall soon face your Maker!
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville grabs at Charles with superhuman speed (AC 19) and begins strangling him. **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: (16, Atr)
(16435) Atross: ::Quietly::"I don't know that I should try to help either of them..."
** (16435) Atross ducks out of the room around the door to join Dranath in the hall **
** (16468) Charles d'Amberville claws at his Madeline, disrupting his spell. **
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "What do we do guys?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Did you really think you could kill me? You? (laughs) Your plots with Simon and Richard shall come to an end this day!
(16459) Morti: "I think I can get them separated ... but... it might just piss them off"
** (16455) Thom shrugs at the question. **
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: gack!
(16468) DM: (14, Rain)
(16435) Atross: "I really don't know. The only involvement we have seems to be that Madeline wants Charles dead, who may in fact be the one dealing with undead if he's here. Or he may not."
(16459) Morti: "Let me take a shot at it?"
(16455) Zane: "It's possible. The truth is we have not early enough information on this crazy family."
(16435) Atross: "We could try to pull them apart but I'm not really sure I want to try my strength against her right now."
(16455) Zane: ::calling back into the room:: "It's up to you Morti."
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out two throwing axes and heaves them at Charles **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26)
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Your plots, your spells and your schemes will avail you not, Charles!
(16468) DM: (26 hits)
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade releases two slivery axes that fly into the room **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (6 pts)
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade lands an axe in Charles' gutt **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville whirls around, her arms squeezing Charles' neck. "If you do that again, mortal, I swear to whatever gods you hold dear, to hunt you down like the fool that you are." **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: (14, Mor)
(16455) Zane: "Maybe it was a good idea, not getting involved..."
(16468) DM: (have to scroll up lol)
** (16466) Danae Valhardt purrs softly, "aye" **
(16435) Atross: "I'm thinking I agree. She was asked to do her own dirty work after all."
(16468) DM: (no actions Morti?)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Take what has been given you to finish the job, you now have an axe"
(16468) DM: (22, Thm)
(16455) Thom: (( it looks like Morti is typing.... ))
** (16459) Morti pulls a bit of webbing from his pocket. Holding it out toward the dueling siblings, he chants in silence, and finishies with a hiss as a ethereal massive spider takes form, flying through them and exploding in a massive swell of webbing (web spell) **
(16468) DM: (k)
(16459) Morti: (dc 13)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7),[1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
(16468) DM: (both snagged)
** (16468) Charles d'Amberville smiles triumphantly at Magdelene and Morti. **
(16459) Morti: "Do you think they're pissed?" :still pointing into the room
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: I fear it shall not be you, sister, who meets your end this day.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: ""Yes Mort, they are"
(16455) Thom: "Well, after her response to Rainur, I am sure of it..."
(16468) DM: (er said that wrong lol)
(16468) DM: (meant to say "I fear that it is not me who shall meet his end this day")
(16455) Thom: (( maybe he is just that insane?? ;) ))
(16468) DM: (22, Thm)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "They are both evil, especially him"
** (16455) Thom glances in the room to see them caught in a web. "Well, that will hold for now, but then what?" **
(16435) Atross: "This is not particularly a surprise to me at the moment."
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (the only person not insane so far has been the dragon, cause they are used to being holed up for long periods of time, heh)
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: And it appears I have misjudged you, that you are not servants of Richard. Possibly, Marie-Helene? Or Claude? Well, no matter. You are worthy adversaries, and I salute you.
(16455) Thom: (( that's it - I'm not convinced enough to attack either... ))
(16468) DM: (19, Dan)
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville glares at Morti with a murderous look. **
** (16466) Danae Valhardt pushes her face around the doorjam, "What, pray tell, are you talking about??" **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Why should we not kill you right now?"
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: Why, your deaths. (pleasantly)
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: (16, Atr)
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Oh.. care to elaborate?" since he is being so polite..
(16459) Morti: (he does still have to pas a concentration check dc 15 to cast anything at least)
(16435) Atross: "It's infighting like this that caused your family to be cursed you know."
(16468) DM: (14, Rain)
(16435) Atross: "Maybe we should kill both of you if you're going to continue like this."
(16435) Atross: (Yeah, I'll just pester them for a while)
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: Oui, that would please me most induitably.
(16468) DM: (no actions, Rain?)
(16455) Thom: (( which one said that Stan? ))
(16435) Atross: "Okay, they're insane."
(16459) Morti: "We established that already. Should I follow up to take them down?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: no action
(16459) Morti: "Though I'd rather not kill them." :Seems rather confident of the capability:
(16435) Atross: "All who want them dead say 'Aye'"
** (16455) Thom remains silent **
** (16466) Danae Valhardt frowns.... **
** (16435) Atross is just posing the option. **
(16468) DM: (Charles did)
(16455) Thom: "I'd rather not have to fight either of them. Although, I'll admit that deson't look very probable right now."
(16468) DM: (so if no actions Rain, 14 Mort)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I cannot kill you unless you do evil against me. My apologies for the axes...they were in haste.
(16435) Atross: "See? We honestly didn't come here to kill either of you. We came to break the curse on this house. If you both don't stop this fighting it won't matter if we do or not, you'll never be free."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [8,12] = (20)
** (16459) Morti pulls a square red piece of cloth from his pocket, staring into the webbing as he thinks it over. Then, chanting a menagerie of flitting phrases the cloth begins to dissolve bit by bit (summon swarm, 1 round casting) **
** (16468) Charles d'Amberville laughs at Atross **
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: To the Beyond with Etienne's curse. Do you really think I care one whit about that? Do you? The only thing I care about are the deaths of those who dare to cross me. And you shall be dead, oh so very soon.
** (16468) Charles d'Amberville laughs **
(16435) Atross: "Oh please, this house can't be THAT interesting to you."
(16435) Atross: "That you'd want to make it your grave."
(16468) DM: (12, Charles)
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: We shall see. (furrows brow a bit)
(16468) Charles d'Amberville: Silver path, room of crowns! I bid you adieu, adieu. Dear sister, soon I shall come for you.
** (16468) Charles d'Amberville vanishes in a twinkle of amber light **
(16459) Morti: (oh man, guess a 15 concentration dc was pretty easy for him)
(16468) DM: (mmm hmm)
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (itd be easy for me, too)
(16435) Atross: (They usually are, though I think it was a bit higher than that)
** (16466) Danae Valhardt looks at magdelena... **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well we still have her to contend with"
(16459) Morti: (tue, but I figured I was due a miracle)
(16459) Morti: "Should I stop?" as he continues his casting:
(16468) DM: (its 15, as he was entangled or snared by a web spell.)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes no need to torture her"
** (16455) Zane enters the room and looks at Magdelene, "Ma'dam Magdelene - I am sorry. We should have listened to you earlier. **
(16435) Atross: (15 plus spell level of the spell he was casting anyway not hard)
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: You'd better hope that I do NOT become free, for the first thing I shall do is hunt all of you down.
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Ut-oh"
(16435) Atross: "It looks pretty clear that Charles is going to die the next time we meet him. I'm afraid you won't be getting that chance."
(16468) DM: (not 15+spell level, just 15)
** (16459) Morti groans in response to her declaration and finishes his spell. The the cloth eats away to nothing, as in the webbing an army of spiders creep forth around the furious woman **
(16535) Kha (enter): 02:05
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville just glares at Atross. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is not very nice morti"
(16459) Morti: "Neither is she."
(16455) Zane: "Well, I think that may have actually made things worse..."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes and I accept the responsibility
(16459) Morti: "At least I can wear her down a bit like this.... I hope."
(16455) Zane: "Anyway, if she is determined to hunt us, then let's not be standing her, how about that?"
(16455) Thom: (( *here ))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps we should just face her?"
(16435) Atross: "Right, let's finish her right now and save the waiting."
(16455) Thom: "So, we rescue her from being buried alive by that one, and not you want to kill her?
** (16459) Morti keeps his arms outstretched and his mind focused on the spell. Not bothering to move as he watches her reaction **
(16455) Thom: (( not = now... darn this typing tonight ))
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "She calls us mortal so it is safe to say that she is not, perhaps magic weapons, silver or the like?
** (16455) Zane looks into Magdelene's eyes. **
(16435) Atross: "I could test it by shooting her."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "If he wanted her dead, he could have killed her "
(16455) Thom: "She seemed to hold her own against him, before we interrupted.
** (16466) Danae Valhardt flips through her mental repertoire. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "She is faster and caught him off guard"
(16435) Atross: "Yes, he seemed in a bad position there."
** (16455) Zane totally faces Magdelene, speaking to only her, hoping that by concentrating on him, one that pulled her out of her tomb, she might calm a little. **
(16455) Zane: "Ma'dam Magdelene, you were correct about him, and now we will face him again - I am sure of it. If we promise to take care of him, will you please allow us to do so in peace?
(16455) Thom: "Or maybe even better, join with us as we try to find him."
(16455) Thom: "then, you can have your revenge and I won't stop you."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: If you had bothered to leave well enough alone, this would not have happened.
(16455) Thom: "You are correct. And I am sorry that things turned out this way. We did not realize what was happening unitl it was too late."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: You will need to defeat his pet to leave this chateau. And I shall not help you.
(16459) Morti: "You hardly talked the situation over with us"
(16455) Thom: "Will you tell us what you know?"
** (16455) Thom holds a hand up to Morti, afraid that she might break the connection he is starting to make with her. **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: I asked you to kill him for me. The word of a noble should be word enough. I do not need to deal with peasants and fools such as you, but I am forced to, it seems.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: :;whispers to thom::
(16459) Morti: "You don't look so noble from where I stand." :speaks through clenched teeth:
(16455) Zane: "yes you did. For a peasant such as myself, I am unaccostemed to so much magic, so I am easliy confused. Again, I'm sorry"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: True. And he is alive and ready to lay his plans, thanks to you.
(16459) Morti: "What plans?"
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Let us redeem ourselves.."
(16455) Thom: "As are you alive thanks to us."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Why, to kill you, of course. For serving Richard.
(16455) Thom: "We only wish to continue to help you."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Or Claude. Or whomever you are serving.
(16435) Atross: ::Quietly::"remember, he's crazy"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Help me! Why would you want to help me?
(16455) Thom: "because he obviously was in the wrong for what happened, and I wish to try to make it up to you for not agreeing to help you earlier"
(16459) Morti: "No one. We serve No one! We came here under the foolish idea of freeing you self absorbed, twisted cretins. Now I'm starting to see why you were cursed to begin with!"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: There is no such thing as "help". I am not a fool. No one "helps" anyone without expecting payment in return.
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: You serve someone. Richard, or Claude, or perhaps my grandmere. No matter, you will soon be dead.
(16455) Thom: "You are correct. Right now, I am trying to talk to you so that you will not hunt us down, but instead allow us to hunt Charles"
(16459) Morti: "We came here for Pierre. Pierre, tell her."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Will you hunt Charles for me? (smiles sweetly at Thom) Will you? I will pay you handsomely.
(16468) Pierre d'Amberville: They cannot see me.
** (16459) Morti is visibly upset and has a bite to his aura most unlike the gently child **
(16538) MyRealName (enter): 02:20
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Who is Pierre?
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I would hunt him down because he gives me a headache with so much evil"
(16455) Thom: "Not for money. If you agree to let us try and not hunt us yourself, that will be enough."
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville pouts. "Very well, I agree." **
** (16455) Thom bows. "And I thank you for your generosity." **
(16538) MyRealName (exit): 02:22
(16459) Morti: "You're lying." :growls out:
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville nods her head. "Tout à fait accueillir, monsieur." **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre?"
** (16455) Zane looks back at Morti. "Please... let me try to handle this one?" **
** (16435) Atross holds his tongue a little longer still. **
(16468) Pierre d'Amberville: "You're quite welcome." I think.
(16455) Zane: ::turning back to Magdelene:: "Of course, since we are just simple peasants, any information that you could give us would be a great aid in your attempt to remove Charles."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Hm, well yes.
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade grits his teeth **
(16459) Morti: :to Thom: "I am not killing for her."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Beneath the chateau is a dungeon within which lies the gate you seek. Guarding the gate is a pet of Charles, a creature from the Beyond that he called and bound to this plane. Only a sword of the d'Ambervilles can release or defeat such a creature. I could aid you if you released me. But you serve Richard, so I shall not.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, Charles is as evil as J ...his presense gave me a major headache. /that is why I shot off the axes"
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "J?"
(16455) Thom: "I do not serve that rambling crazy creature."
(16459) Morti: "And didn't you say that she's just as bad?"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "a deamon Morti released"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is worse"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: It matters not what you say. You serve him. Your very actions are proof of this.
** (16466) Danae Valhardt looks at morti, "I see" **
(16455) Zane: "I am sorry that you think that."
(16435) Atross: :To rest of group:"In other words, she is evil, he serves evil."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Others of my family might help you. (smirks)
(16435) Atross: "Does that sum up your impression of him?"
(16455) Thom: "But for what it is worth Ma'dam - none of us serve Richard, or any of the others here. We came at the request of an outside individual. Of course, I doubt that matters to you. But, I wanted you to know."
(16468) DM: (30 minute warning)
(16459) Morti: "The gate... will it bring us to your world?"
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Averoigne."
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: The gate will bring you to Averoigne, our ancient homeland.
(16459) Morti: "Which way is it to the basement?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: And you will see exactly what they do to witches such as yourself.
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: In the east wing of the chateau. In the room of blood.
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Who holds the sword>"
(16455) Thom: "That will help a lot ma'dam Madeline. I thank you for the information."
(16455) Thom: **Thom looks back over his shoulder at the rest of the party.** "We ready to go on then?"
(16435) Atross: "I do have one question... Is there an armory around? With something that may help us reach and kill Charles?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: (to Rainur) I do, as do Richard, Simon, Claude and Gaston.
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: I will not help you. Look elsewhere. You could have had my help, but you squandered your chances.
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Where is the room of crowns?"
(16459) Morti: "So the sword is a mattered of bloodline?
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: In the east wing.
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: (smirks)
(16459) Morti: "Or just anyone can use it?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: I can use a sword, as can my brothers and my uncle.
(16459) Morti: "And where is your sword?"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Where you will never find it. (glares at Morti with hatred)
(16466) Danae Valhardt: (so, in her bra)
(16468) DM: (lol)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: (lol)
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville tries to dodge the swarm of insects, to no avail. **
(16455) Thom: "Ok, I think we had best be on our way then. Again, thank you Ma'dam Magdelene."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, call off your spiders
(16455) Zane: "Morti, can you get rid of those things?
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "She said simon had one- I do not intend to let a mocker of the gods go unpunished..."
** (16459) Morti focuses on the swarming insects as he speaks, "Tell us where the sword is." **
(16455) Thom: "Morti!"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, stop, that is it!"
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: I do not answer to the words of a peasant.
(16459) Morti: "Don't care what you want. Where is the sword."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, if you do not stop, I will stop you!"
(16435) Atross: "Think of what you're doing, we don't need her sword..."
** (16455) Zane sees that morti isn't stopping, so he extinguishes his flame blade and slashes at the webbing, next to where Madgelene is at, trying to free her. **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville tries to dodge a gnat. **
** (16459) Morti ignores his comrades as he speaks in an uncharacteristic colness **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade slaps morti accross the face "Snap out of it" **
** (16466) Danae Valhardt restrains the word that could end morti's spells, instead standing to the side and observing as she usually does. **
** (16468) Drenla's spirit quietly fades into view, standing next to Rainur with a warning tap on his shoulder. **
** (16459) Morti takes the slap, looks to Rainur, but holds his stance **
(16459) Morti: "Thom, she won't die so quick."
** (16466) Danae Valhardt once again is taken back by the appearance of the apparition. "Who -is- that?" **
** (16468) Drenla's spirit peers into Morti's eyes with a piercing stare. **
(16459) Morti: "Not too quick anyway." :coldly: "Where's the sword?"
(16455) Thom: "I do not intend to let her die at all. I told her I would free her, and that is what I intend to do."
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is a friend"
(16468) Drenla's spirit: You disappoint me, apprentice.
(16468) DM: The words are disjointed and hollow, as if speaking with great effort.
** (16459) Morti stares to Drenla, biting his lip. **
** (16455) Zane keeps cutting on the web. **
(16468) DM: Remember...your Test. Remember....
(16468) DM: (he said that, not me. have to edit the log. lol)
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Spoken words from your master now stop"
(16459) Morti: "Test...?"
(16468) Drenla's spirit: Your Test, apprentice.
** (16468) Drenla's spirit fades away. **
(16459) Morti: :groans: "But we need the sword, she can answer me if she wants, but she chooses not to." :a tear builds in his blue eyes. "I don't want to. I really don't, but."
** (16455) Zane keeps cutting on the web. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, please stop...she is not your mother"
(16466) Danae Valhardt: "Stop Morti, we can find the answer- we don't need her."
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville collapses as Thom cuts her free. **
** (16455) Thom moves to try and help Magdelene up, if she will accept my help. **
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade grabs axes **
(16459) Morti: "Damn straight she isn't." :he releases his control on the spell as he sees thom approaching. "Don't!"
(16459) Morti: (spells sticks around 2 rounds after concentration and attacks indiscriminately)
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville takes his hand and pulls herself upright, glaring at Morti and not looking at Thom. **
(16455) Thom: (( oh, well - I was probably already in the middle of it anyway, just getting lucky... ))
** (16455) Thom tries to help Madgelene out of the area. **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville swats at a fly, dodging the insects futilely. **
** (16455) Thom doesn't bother to avoid any bugs that happen to get under his feet. **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "I hate this place . I wish I were back on the plains"
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: "On my horse"
** (16459) Morti glares back at her, unflinching **
** (16468) Madeline d'Amberville turns to Thom, acknowledging his help. "For freeing me, I grant you knowledge, given freely, for helping me. Ask any three questions and I am bound to repay you. By the hand of Etienne d'Amberville, who cursed us to remain in this place, I swear." **
** (16455) Thom looks amazed. "Hmm... nice." **
(16468) Madeline d'Amberville: Do not make me change my mind, mortal.
(16455) Thom: "Please rest here, and I will be back." Thom rests Madgelene outside the area of the web and goes to where Morti is and grabbs him, draggin him back to the rest of the group.
(16468) DM: (the questions don't have to come now. that's your homework)
** (16462) Rainur Swiftblade knows this is not his game so he is quite content to let Thom do the taking **
(16462) Rainur Swiftblade: talking
(16455) Thom: (( ok, if I can leave her and return with the questions, I would confer with the group first. ))
(16468) DM: (can stop here anyway)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms