Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(357) DM: so, you're in combat with an ogre and three wraiths, one of which was turned.
(357) DM: it's round 3 of this combat.
(361) Zane: (( and the orge is down on the ground, unconscious, right? ))
(361) Zane: (( *ogre ))
(357) DM: (the ogre is seriously wounded and not unconscious yet)
(361) Thom: (( k ))
(358) Morti: (I thought you said that the ogre dropped.. which I hoped was due to the sub-dual damage incurred)
(357) DM: (now, you guys actually do have magical weapons.)
(361) Thom: (( some of us at least... ))
** (363) Atross shakes fist mightily **
** (358) Morti shakes his fist... not so... mightily **
(357) DM: (so I see, apologies)
(357) DM: (so its just three wraiths, 2 are engaged)
(357) DM: (that +1 flaming sword isn't magical?)
(358) Morti: (... I thought there were only 2 wraiths)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade draws his swords **
(363) Atross: ((Actuallly, doesn't Morti have a hold out dagger or something?)
(357) DM: (two wraiths)
(361) Thom: (( huh? I thought mine was, but I thought someonesaid that they didn't have a magical weapon... ))
(357) DM: (one of which is turned)
(358) Morti: (yeah, got ilendus and the one asflag gave me. Feel free to borrow one)
(363) Atross: (3 wraiths, one of which is playing keep away from Rainur since being turned. This will last 10 rounds, IIRC)
(357) DM: (no it's two wraiths, my apologies)
(357) DM: (one of which was turned)
(361) Thom: (( that's even better... ))
(361) Thom: (( and we finished the last full round, correct? ))
(357) DM: (16, Thom)
** (361) Thom attacks the shady form coming at the group, his rapier's fire burning hot. **
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3+1d6] -> [4,3,6] = (13)
(357) DM: (seriously wounded)
(361) Thom: (( and the +1 to each from bardic music... ))
(357) DM: (13, Rainur)
(358) Morti: (we have a bard?)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: Long sword then ellven sword
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [14,12] = (26)
(361) Thom: (( ok, whatever that special spell like thing was that happened last time... I give up trying to get the right name... ;) ))
(358) Morti: (bless)
(363) Atross: ((I give up trying to explain it))
(363) Atross: (Don't forget to roll the 50% incorporeal miss chance, that's what makes wraiths a PITA after all)
(370) Nightcat (enter): 22:03
(370) Nightcat (exit): 22:04
(357) DM: (pierre is a bard...)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: 8 pts with the elven sword
(358) Morti: (Oh.... I just thought he was a fruity mage ... hai hai)
(357) TaliesinNYC: Alfred you need to roll a miss chance
(357) TaliesinNYC: meaning that there's a 50% chance you'll miss it when you hit
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d100+7] -> [95,7] = (102)
(357) TaliesinNYC: no
(357) TaliesinNYC: just roll a d20, odds you miss
(361) Thom: (( Should I roll as well? ))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: 95 ok?
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20] -> [14] = (14)
(357) TaliesinNYC: ok
(357) TaliesinNYC: you need to do that each time you hit with a physical attack
(357) TaliesinNYC: yes Zane
(361) Thom: [1d20+0] -> [2,0] = (2)
(357) TaliesinNYC: ok
(357) DM: (crtical)
(357) DM: (9, Morti)
** (358) Morti blinks at the sight of the shadow figure for a moment before reacting with a surprised yelp and flining forth his outstretched fiunger, crying out a desperate. "Shoot". Two blue bullets fire forth trained on the dark spirit. Magic missile: [2d4+2] -> [4,4,2] = (10) **
(358) Morti: (Does the +1 damage from our buff add in to that?)
(361) Thom: (( I think we need Morti scared more often.... ))
(357) DM: (no)
(358) Morti: (aw... shucks)
(357) DM: (critical)
(358) Morti: "D-d-d-d-d-d-don't l-l-l-l-like b-b-b-b-b-bad g-g-g-g-ghosts..."
** (357) Pierre d'Amberville continues singing... **
(357) DM: (7, Atross)
** (363) Atross fires at the insubstantial figure. There's a first time for everything. **
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+2] -> [12,12,2] = (26)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+2] -> [9,12,2] = (23)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7+2] -> [12,7,2] = (21)
(367) Dranath has sent you a tree node...
(357) DM: Several of your shots manage to strike the figure, but for some reason, they fly through and instead hit a bed post.
(363) Atross: "Allrig...? I missed? Shoot!"
(357) DM: (7, the wraith)
(357) DM: (on Rainur)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
(357) DM: (AC 14)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: missed
(357) DM: (no, do you have high dex?)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: yes
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: 15 ac without armor
(357) DM: (k)
(357) DM: (16, Thom)
** (361) Zane attacks the shady form attacking the group, his rapier's fire burning hot. **
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack +1: [1d20+11] -> [16,11] = (27) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+4+1d6] -> [4,4,6] = (14)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "We will send it to its rest! "
(361) Thom: "Take this you ghost!"
(357) DM: You manage to rend its spirit fomr from this plane of existence.
(357) DM: (form)
(357) DM: (13, Rainur)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "We must take out the other one"
** (361) Thom nods in agreement **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade holds his action **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "You can attack it but I cannot"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will bind the ogre"
** (357) Pierre d'Amberville continues singing.... **
(374) St.Kruthen (enter): 22:17
(357) DM: (9, Morti)
(361) Thom: "Very well..."
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade takes out a silk rope and ties her up **
** (358) Morti looks rather flustered at the moment, not exactly sure what to do. (refocus for initiative 22 next round) **
(361) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
(357) DM: (the ogre's dead, Alfred. Atross killed it)
(374) St.Kruthen (exit): 22:18
(357) DM: (7, Atross)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (my damage to it was subdual...did he damage it in excess to its hp?)
(358) Morti: (dead... do'h thought it was just unconcious from the nonlethal damage.)
(361) Thom: (( sorry - didn't mean to send that.... ))
(363) Atross: ((Wow, I overdid it? I never would have suspected I'd do such a thing))
(357) DM: (no, he shot at it with a greatbow)
(357) DM: (so any action Atross?)
** (363) Atross goes and looks for the missed arrows. **
(357) DM: (16, Thom)
(361) Thom: (( the other one returned to the next room, correct? ))
(375) St.Kruthen (enter): 22:21
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "You must destroy that thing , nmy turning will not last much longer"
(357) DM: (Rainur turned it)
** (361) Thom moves to the doorway to the next room, his rapier held before him. He looks in the room for the other one. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "As long as it is turned I may not attack it"
(361) Thom: (( if I see it and believe that I can get close enough to it to attack, I will ))
(357) DM: (yes)
** (361) Thom attacks the shady form, his rapier's fire burning hot. **
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack +1: [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+4+1d6] -> [4,4,2] = (10)
(357) TaliesinNYC: 11: This is another bedroom filled with costly furniture.
(361) Thom: 50% Incorporeal miss chance: [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
(357) DM: (seriously wounded)
(357) DM: (nm)
(357) DM: (13, Rainur)
(361) Thom: (( yeah - that's what I get for being good and playing fair.... ))
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade casts bless **
(357) DM: (9, Morti)
** (358) Morti gulps back his fear on Rainur's command and rushes in after Thom. Drawing Ilendus along the way, he comes in close to stab at the cowering fiend **
(358) Morti: Ilendus Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [13,2] = (15)===> DMG: [1d4+2-2] -> [1,2,-2] = (1)
** (357) Pierre d'Amberville continues singing, his voice growing hoarse.... **
(358) Morti: miss chance: [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
(357) DM: (miss)
(357) DM: (7, Atross)
(358) Morti: (shootah)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade chants and the rumble of stampeding horses fills the air as white light circles and touches all in the group **
(357) DM: (16, Thom)
** (361) Thom grits his teeth and again attacks the shady form, his rapier's fire burning hot. **
(361) Thom: (( deos bless give us an additional +1 to hit and damage? ))
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack +1: [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+4+1d6] -> [5,4,4] = (13)
(361) Thom: 50% Incorporeal miss chance: [1d20] -> [13] = (13)
(357) DM: (+1 to attack bonus and morale rolls)
(361) Thom: (( k ))
(357) DM: (and saves vs. fear effects)
(357) DM: (remember, odds miss)
(357) DM: (13, Rainur.)
(361) Thom: (( yeah, I remember... if I could roll only evens, I would.... ))
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade holds attack **
(357) DM: (9, Morti)
** (358) Morti stabs again miss chance: [1d20] -> [19] = (19) **
(357) DM: (erm that was your to hit roll?)
(358) Morti: (statistically... one of us should have hit by now)
(358) Morti: (no... the miss chance)
(363) Atross: ((Maybe I *should* borrow a weapon))
(357) DM: (k)
(357) DM: (7, Atross)
(361) Thom: (( you'd think so... apparently the dice are not our friends tonight.... ))
** (363) Atross draws his flail and moves into the room to attack the wraith. ((Bludgeoning is good on the dead, right? =) )) **
whispering to Atross, + on the flail?
(358) Morti: (incorporeal though.... not so much)
(363) Atross: Light Flail Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
(363) Atross: [1d20] -> [10] = (10) come on ODDS!
(363) Atross: ((Sorry, I stole your luck))
(357) DM: You manage to plunge your weapon into its misty core, but your attack seems to be ineffective.
(357) DM: (16, Thom)
** (361) Thom grits his teeth and again attacks the shady form... **
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack +1: [1d20+12] -> [7,12] = (19) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+4+1d6] -> [4,4,3] = (11)
(361) Thom: 50% Incorporeal miss chance: [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
(357) DM: (5 rounds remaining btw)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (ARG!)
(361) Thom: (( of all the times to be rolling 19s..... ))
(357) DM: (13, Rainur)
(358) Morti: (they're teasing us. This is why the dice are my mortal enemies)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade holds attack **
(357) DM: (7, Atross)
** (357) Pierre d'Amberville continues singing... **
(379) Shwepie (enter): 22:37
(363) Atross: "Does anyone have another weapon I could try swinging?"
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade hands him his elf sword "try this" **
(358) Morti: (did I lose my turn?)
** (363) Atross borrows Rainur's sword **
(363) Atross: ((How far is he anyway?))
(357) Pierre d'Amberville: (in room 10)
(363) Atross: ((So I don't make the round trip then))
(357) DM: (yes, but you'll go next)
(357) DM: (ok, if nothing else, then Morti goes)
(375) St.Kruthen (exit): 22:41
** (358) Morti stabs once more with Ilendus. Miss Chance: [1d20] -> [14] = (14) **
(358) Morti: Ilendus Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)===> DMG: [1d4+2-2] -> [1,2,-2] = (1)
(358) Morti: (bonus for cowering put me over?)
(357) DM: (and that was a miss.)
(379) Shwepie (exit): 22:41
(357) DM: (16, Thom) (3 rounds remaining)
** (361) Thom just simply attacks. **
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack (+2): [1d20+12] -> [4,12] = (16) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+4+1d6] -> [1,4,4] = (9), with a 50% miss chance. ((Zane crosses his fingers)) [1d20] -> [20] = (20)
(357) DM: (critical)
(357) DM: (13, Rainur)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade casts a spell **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade chants and a spectral hand appears above atross **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (the hand acts as if it is guiding your way)
(363) Atross: ((Guidance, I presume))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: ((yes))
(357) DM: (9, Mort)
(358) Morti: "Hey you finally hit!" Stabs again, feeling reassurd. Miss Chance: [1d20] -> [7] = (7)
(358) Morti: (pft)
(357) DM: (7, Atross)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (=1 to attack)
(363) Atross: "Third time's the charm. This one's from Rainur."
(363) Atross: [1d20 + 12] -> [5,12] = (17) attack roll [1d6+6] -> [4,6] = (10) damage roll [1d20] -> [17] = (17) miss chance
(357) DM: (16, Thom) (2 rounds left)
(363) Atross: ((Well, that didn't work))
(361) Thom: (( AARRGGG!!!!! ok, I feel a little better... ))
** (361) Thom uses the momentum from his last hit and attacks again. **
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack (+2): [1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+4+1d6] -> [3,4,1] = (8), with a 50% miss chance. (( Zane crosses his fingers )) [1d20] -> [6] = (6)
(357) DM: (critical)
(357) DM: (13, Rainur)
(361) Thom: "Take that, and that!"
(357) DM: (Alfred, I need an action)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade casts a spell **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade chants again and the same hand appears again over atross' head **
(357) DM: (9, Mort)
(358) Morti: "Atleast you're getting somewhere." Stab. Miss Chance: [1d20] -> [10] = (10)
(358) Morti: Ilendus Attack Roll: [1d20+2] -> [9,2] = (11)===> DMG: [1d4+2-2] -> [3,2,-2] = (3)
(358) Morti: (+2 for cowering)
(358) Morti: (13 hit?)
(367) Dranath: (still imcluding bard song?)
(384) Rheanin Clauce XIII (enter): 22:51
(358) Morti: (oh yeah... 14)
(357) DM: (no)
(357) DM: (7, Atross)
(363) Atross: ((Oh right, bard song))
(361) Thom: (( lol Atross... ))
(363) Atross: "That was just a warm up. I know this thing can do it."
(384) Rheanin Clauce XIII (exit): 22:53
(363) Atross: Null: [1d20 + 12+2] -> [2,12,2] = (16) attack roll [1d6+6] -> [5,6] = (11) damage roll [1d20] -> [20] = (20) miss chance
(363) Atross: Null: [1d20 + 7+2] -> [1,7,2] = (10) attack roll [1d6+6] -> [6,6] = (12) damage roll [1d20] -> [13] = (13) miss chance
(363) Atross: ((Yes, I pasted my previous line into an unused dice slot, so what?))
(357) DM: The spirit dissipates.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "They are vanquished...good work men"
(363) Atross: "Thanks for the loaning of the sword."
** (361) Zane lets his rapier lower. "That - that was not fun..." **
(357) DM: At that moment, you hear a tremendous crash (in Janette's bedroom)
** (363) Atross returns the borrowed sword to Rainur. **
** (361) Thom runs back to the other room **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Not again!"
(363) Atross: "What now?"
** (363) Atross rushes to investigate. (Headlong you could say) **
** (358) Morti gives an exaggerated gulp and sigh. "Hope there aren't any mor of those. They remind me of a story ol' Baggus use to tell us about a haunted forest that killed off a bunch off his men, :shivers: **
(357) DM: A half-eaten corpse lies in the fireplace where there was none before. Apparently, it fell from inside the chimney.
(358) Morti: "Eh?" runs back to Janette's room
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "/me investigates
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade investigates **
** (361) Thom turns to the side, trying not to let his stomach empty the contents of the banguet all over the floor. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh...may she rest in peace by the will of the War Father"
(361) Thom: "That... that is just not right...."
** (363) Atross pulls to a stop and looks around for activity. **
** (358) Morti grimaces he approaches, offering a respectful bow to the corpse before moving to look up the chimney for other... stuffings **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "That must be Janette"
(363) Atross: "Ugh. Not... Just not after that meal..."
whispering to Morti, apparently it's been up there for quite a bit
(361) Thom: "If that is indeed Janette, then I am indeed glad we removed that ogre from it's life."
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade examines body for any identifying marks that would lead him to believe it was Janette **
** (363) Atross looks at the slain ogre and mutters, "'that last one tasted so good?' Disgusting Beast." **
** (361) Thom extinguishes the fire on his rapier and sheathes the blade. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "We must break the news to Robert..he will not be pleased"
** (358) Morti strangely casual around a rotting corpse in spite of his timid nature, walks off to look around in room 12 for anything of interest. **
(361) Thom: (( you walked through the wall Morti? ))
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade performs last rights so she her soul can rest in peace **
(363) Atross: ((12, 11, close enough, eh?))
(358) Morti: (hehe... meant 11)
(361) Thom: (( lol - cool. ))
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade douces her with holy water and performs the ceremony **
** (361) Thom looks down at his sheathed rapier, in thought for a moment. **
(357) TaliesinNYC: 11: This is another bedroom filled with costly furniture.
** (367) Dranath opens the kitchen door, only having just heard the battle, too late it seems for it was the conclusion. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is there anything you would like me to add Pierre since she is of your family?"
(357) Pierre d'Amberville: Non, but thank you....
** (358) Morti checks the drawers, under bed, etc for any journals, notes, or the like **
** (367) Dranath steps out into the hall holy-symbol first. "Hello?" **
(361) Thom: (( sorry, but Kitchen door? which one is that? ))
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade finishes the prayer and approaches lord lion's room **
(367) Dranath: (12, sorry)
(361) Thom: (( so, you are in the hallway... ok ))
whispering to Morti, not much in the way of journals
(363) Atross: "I'll leave that to you, I don't feel like talking with that 'paladin' again just yet."
** (363) Atross follows after Morti to the room the wraiths came from. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is my duty to inform him of his loss...I am still a priest"
** (358) Morti looks up to Atross with a sigh. "This place is so... lifeless" **
(358) Morti: :strolls back to room 10:
** (367) Dranath progresses down the hall with a semblance of quiet, not being of a stealthy sort. Open seeing morti he says, "Hail- are ye of the Amberville family?" **
(367) Dranath: Upon, sheesh
** (361) Thom runs his hand over the pommell of his rapier, smiling for a second before looking to Rainur to see what progress he has made. **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade knocks on the door to Lord Robert's room "My Lord" **
(358) Morti: "Eh?" Looks over who called him:
** (361) Thom looks toward the hallway where the voice came from as well. **
(357) DM: (his name is Richard, Alfred....)
(361) Thom: "What now?"
(367) Dranath: (um, should i post a description?)
(357) Richard d'Amberville: Oui?
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (I meant Richard LOL)
(357) DM: (yes please)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am afraid that I have some sad news for you"
(358) Morti: (that's be nice ^_^)
(367) Dranath: Description: Lightly shining blonde hair held back by a shadowy strip of black headband. Clear blue eyes speak of depth and wisdom, and he holds his scant frame with poise and calm assurance. His skin is lightly tanned and relatively without mar, he seems always freshly shaven. He is rather handsome, but is often quiet and sombre, his thoughtful expression easily overcoming most other emotions.

He wears a well worn smoky colored chain hauberk over a thick heavy thread black long sleeved shirt and under a worn black long tunic. Dark breeches conforming to the rest of his clothing are bound tightly to him, high leather boots rising to just under his knees, the black folds of his tabard falling close to his ankles. His jewelry is sparse, a dangling onyx at each ear, hovering about his jaw line, and a silver holy symbol displayed on his chest. It depicts a book bound by chains, the recesses filled in with a dark ink and the silver respectfully weathered. He wears half-finger gloves of black leather under dark steel bracers, a ring of conjoined golden feathers resides on his left pinky finger.

He weilds a stunted spear wrapped in dark leather for a handle, and a long shining blade. His left is girded in a large round shield with a mirrored silver rim and a black laquered center.

** (357) Richard d'Amberville paces the room, looking up impatiently. "Do you have their heads yet?" **
(367) Dranath: "I am Dranath.. I was trapped in this place recently... "
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "No my lord, we were attacked by an ogre who has eaten Janette and two wraiths"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "We have killed the ogre and dispatched the wraiths"
(361) Thom: "Have you seen any others alive here yet?"
(361) Thom: (( to Dranath ))
(357) Richard d'Amberville: hmph. Well, it serves my sister for dabbling in the dark arts. Is this all you bothered me for?
(357) Richard d'Amberville: Where are their heads?!?!
** (358) Morti stares back curiously, perking a cloth brow **
(367) Dranath: "Besides yourself? I think not..."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well as a priest it was my duty to inform you of her death, nothing more"
(357) Richard d'Amberville: As a priest, it is your sworn duty to serve the Church. Now leave me be! And get their heads.
(358) Morti: "Uh.... how'd you get here?"
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade closes the door **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, I did my job...although he does not care if his sister is dead"
(363) Atross: "Hello, Dranath. My name is Atross. It'd be good to meet a sane person here. What are you doing here after all?" *examines the arrival for abovesaid description info*
** (361) Thom looks a little disappointed at Dranath's words, and he looks back to his rapier hanging on his belt. **
(367) Dranath: "I'm not certain, I woke in the vestibule... "
(363) Atross: "And we have a visitor. Another trapped by the curse."
(363) Atross: (this second to the returning Rainur)
(358) Morti: "Us too. Can't they just use a front door instead"
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade looks dispappointed **
(367) Dranath: "I was in search of a lost elven library in the Coldwood.."
(358) Morti: "By the way... I'm Morti. Nice to meet you." Offers a slight bow; getting to be a habit...
(367) Dranath: "And went to rest one evening, to wake here"
** (361) Thom snaps himself out of his state and looks at Rainur. "So, the insane lion didn't react to the news well... Big surprise..." **
** (367) Dranath returns with a bow of the head, "Hail Morti.." **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Who is this man?"
(367) Dranath: "I am Dranath, lore seeker and priest of Oneiros..."
** (358) Morti shrugs to Rainur "A friend I think." **
(358) Morti: (Oneiros......)
(358) Morti: (NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!)
(357) DM: (lol)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am Rainur not so Swiftblade these days after my encouter with that wraith"
(361) Thom: (( easy Morti... it will be ok.... ))
(363) Atross: ((Heh, you're still swift. You're just not so stout))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur description: He stands 6'6" and weighs 320 lbs of pure muscle. For those not accustomed to fighter types, he is just plain scary. For those who know of war, he is seen as dangerous. For those who know him, they say he fights with sight and honor, a true member of the Uluutari. He is also Da Khan, of a noble birth within the Clan Swiftblade and the fourth born of his family. This is why he must be in direct service to his lord and god, The War Father. He is just and kind to those who are good and merciless to those who are inclined to evil. Yet, there is always a glimmer of hope that those of evil will find the errors of their ways.


(367) Dranath: "I see.. well, I have studied the realms and cosmos of Andurin and the Sul, and I have NO clue where we are..."
(358) Morti: "Oh!" :Goes wide-eyed, his enchanted scarf expressing it strangely: "Dranath, sir, do you know anything about this place's curse?"
** (367) Dranath is taken back by the scarf's enchantment, but the sombre youth shakes away his shock. **
(367) Dranath: "Only that it is that."
(358) Morti: :scarf droops to a frown: "Oh... too bad:"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, not to be too forward, but do you posess the spell that will restore me to my former self after our battle. I would hate to bother Richard again"
(367) Dranath: "Indeed, I've forgotten how long I have been trapped here, the mists disturbs my reckoning of time."
** (367) Dranath nods to Rainur. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "That would be most appreciated"
(367) Dranath: "I know of the debilitating effects of the undead, and I thought it wise to prepare the cure..."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am a war priest and do not often face the undead"
(390) ExoKnight (enter): 23:22
(367) Dranath: "First, may I ask something in return? I would give you the spell either way- but could I accompany you- and help you to lift the curse?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I was unprepared for this battle"
(363) Atross: "Not too forward? Well then, not to be too forward, but maybe you'd like to know that that curse is the reason we're here."
(363) Atross: ((Just a second too late))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I welcome you, if the group welcomes you"
** (361) Zane looks over the main party - knowing this is their call. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "What say you all?"
(363) Atross: "You're trapped here too and not wrapped up in some kind of demensia. We ought to work together. I'm for it."
(358) Morti: "Hai hai!" :Agrees cheerfully:
(393) No Name (enter): 23:24
** (361) Thom walks to Dranath. "I am just a guest in their company as well, it is good to have another new face around here. By the way, the name is Thom." **
(361) Thom: Physical Description: You see a human that stands 5'10" tall. He does not apear to be very strong, but by the way he moves, it can be easily seen that he is very dexterous. He sticks to the main path, not trying to hide, but moving where he can be seen. A single rapier hangs on his left hip, a light crossbow on his right hip. He wears a pair of tight gloves that lead into his dark cloak that flows over his entire body.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "With that in mind you are welcomed into our party, but you must agree first to be fighter of evil..."
(390) ExoKnight (exit): 23:25
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "All have agreed...so must you"
** (367) Dranath nods his head, shining strands of blonde hair falling o'er his closed eyes. He begins a soft incantation "Binder of all known, keeper of secrets and bringer of truth, renew the pact I have made, give me this Prince of Destiny, let me aide this one, may I beg of you-" the lights about him dim as the divine presence descends, "I ask not to change his fate, but if this be your will, to strengthen him, and remove the taint of the unliving, those who have shucked their destiny and walk once more." He touches Rainur in the long ceremony, "Your power, through me, as ye will, to this Rainur Swiftblade." The soft incantation echoes strangely almost becoming a chorus as the shadowy energy passes from priest to priest. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "My thanks to you, brother, but it has not seemed to work"
(367) Dranath: "Ever have I resisted evil, shall I evermore..."
(367) Dranath: "Then it is not Oneiros will, or your destiny, to be healed at this time... I am sorry."
(367) Dranath: (didn't know it was permanent, sorry)
(367) Dranath: "As I grow in power, and you fulfil that which was written for you as ye will and has been foreseen, perhaps ye shall be restored..."
(363) Atross: ((Are you level 7? No? Ah well, maybe later))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well let us leave here and do our duty to claim those heads"
(361) Zane: "Or whatever it is that is needed to lift the curse..."
(367) Dranath: "I shall follow," he nods.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Atross, please my sword"
(363) Atross: ((Didn't I return that immediatel after the fight?""
(361) Thom: "So, which way then?"
(367) Dranath: "What have all of you found out?"
(361) Thom: (( I don't think you did Atross - as soon as it was over, we found the dead body... ))
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade fills Dranath on all the details **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "There was one door that we did not open, besides the one that I flew through"
(363) Atross: ((I know I did, I typed it as soon as the battle finished and even thanked him for the use))
** (367) Dranath points to the door to room 12, "Where I came from- it is a kitchen- very curious. Ghostly hobgoblins preparing actual food." **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes they served it to us...it was very strange indeed...it made me weaker"
(358) Morti: "Oooohhh... we should thank them for the meal"
(361) Thom: "Yes, and for the delicious drinks as well...."
(363) Atross: "As long as you don't ask for seconds"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes, I would like to thank them personally:: cracks his knuckles:: "something was not right with that food"
(358) Morti: "Strange.. I felt pretty good after eating it"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Did you see them do anything peculiar?"
(361) Thom: "Same here Morti, except for the headache... Then again..."
(363) Atross: "That bread still tastes good to me."
(367) Dranath: "Mmm, i think not."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "all I know is that I lost some of my strength after dining at that table, and it has not returned!"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not feel like my former self"
(361) Thom: "For myself, I feel a little more sturdy. And of course that spell...." Thom looks down at his fingers, still wondering about it all.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (lets go to 5)
(361) Thom: (( lead the way... ))
** (363) Atross follows **
(358) Morti: "Besides, shouldn't we be going upstairs?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come let us check that door accross the hall...Thom can you make sure there are no surprises?"
(357) DM: (you've been in 5)
** (361) Thom looks up at the mention of his name. **
(361) Thom: "Huh? Oh, yeah."
(361) Thom: (( you mean the door into room 3 from 5, right Rainur? ))
(357) DM: (you probably mean the door right across from the entrance corridor)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: yes)
(358) Morti: (that's the cat room)
(361) Thom: (( yeah, but we haven't gone through this door, and will all the twists and turns and flying lessons, we probably wouln't realize where it goes... ))
(357) DM: (he means the circled door)
(361) Thom: (( oh, ok.... ))
(367) Dranath: (the door that leads off map, or the door that leads to 6,7,8?
(357) DM: (that door)
(367) Dranath: ((they are both circled!))
(363) Atross: ((Oh, that one))
(361) Thom: (( oh, is that the one Rainur? ))
(367) Dranath: ((yes!!)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (LOL)
(367) Dranath: (heh, let's pretend yes even if it isnt)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (finally got the bugs out of my program)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d100] -> [94] = (94)
(361) Thom: (( I guess it was now... But I wanted to see what those small rooms were... ;) ))
(361) Thom: (( ok - so to the BIG doors! ))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (I do not like small rooms))
(357) DM: (so which is it folks? the doors across from the entrance corridor or the double doors at the edge of the hall?)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: ((LOL - would have to smell Morti's BO))
(361) Thom: (( Rainur - you'r call. ))
(358) Morti: o.0
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (the double doors)
** (361) Thom heads back down the hallway, towards the banquet room, pausing to look back in the room to see if maybe another feast is prepared. **
(357) DM: (yup)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [7] = (7)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d4] -> [3,4,4] = (11)
** (361) Thom pauses, looking at the food. "Speaking of the banquet..." **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "No more food, my friend...I do not want to chance it"
(361) Thom: "Very well." Thom then continues on to the double doors at the end of the hallway.
** (361) Thom moves on [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25) **
(361) Thom: (( darn macros... ))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: brb]
** (361) Thom checks the door for any nasty surprises. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [8,9] = (17)
(358) Morti: "Ya know... I can reach that walkway in the middle of the hall..."
** (361) Thom listens at the door, then pulls out some tools and begins working on the 'lock'. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [1,1] = (2)
(361) Thom: "Oh... well - this door is unlocked."
(361) Thom: "What were you saying Morti?"
** (367) Dranath watches down the hallway in casual patience. **
** (363) Atross looks up at the walkway. **
(357) DM: The door opens at the top of the walkway, and a troupe of hobgoblins makes their way to the other side, commencing the grand feast that seems to play on endlessly.
(363) Atross: "How high is that?"
** (358) Morti grins to Thom and begins to float up from the floor: "I said... I can reach that walkway, easy" **
(361) Thom: "Well, watch out for those ghosts up there..."
** (361) Thom grins at Morti as he says that... **
** (367) Dranath looks up and over at morti with a raised brow, "Convenient.." **
(358) Morti: :Drops to the floor and offers worriedly "I'm not going by myself."
(361) Thom: "It doesn't appear to be much but a quick way to get from the kitchen to the banquet hall...."
(367) Dranath: "The door is open, yet we pause before it?"
(361) Thom: "Well, it is unlocked. I was waiting to make sure everyone was indeed ready before opening it."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: ((baby was crying))
(361) Thom: "So, we ready then?"
(357) DM: (all right, what now?)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "In this place, the famliy has many surprises"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Go ahead and open the door"
(361) Thom: (( mainly, I was waiting for Rainur to get back before proceeding - the catwalk just gave us an execuse to wait... ))
(367) Dranath: "Could take the phrase, 'skeletons in the cloak-room' to a new literation.."
** (361) Thom opens the door, standing aside to let Rainur enter first, **
(357) DM: (you're at the X)
** (361) Thom then follows Rainur in. **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade looks past the door **
(357) DM: The door opens into an enchanted forest....
(363) Atross: "/me re-readies his bow
(361) Thom: (( k... Oh, I guess I'll follow in whenever he actually enters... ))
(363) Atross: ((Nice, tapped the quotes))
(399) Evil Joe (enter): 00:02
(393) No Name (exit): 00:02
(357) DM: It's midafternoon, the sun shining through the trees...
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade walks in **
(367) Dranath: "Curious.."
** (361) Thom follows, looking around. **
(361) Thom: "Definately not what I was expecting...."
(357) DM: Beyond the double doors, a path composed of pressed amber winds through the trees.
(399) Evil Joe (exit): 00:03
(358) Morti: "Whoa...." :Stares about at the forestral garden. "The outside's a lot nicer than it seemed to be. Maybe they just have to clean the windows." However he stares hard at the scenery with concentration. (disbelieve)
(358) Morti: Will save: [1d20+6] -> [12,6] = (18)
** (363) Atross trails in and scans the trees **
whispering to Morti, it's real
** (358) Morti gives an appreaciative whistle **
(361) Thom: "Well, this family never ceases to amaze...."
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade walks down the path **
(367) Dranath: "Shall we follow the path?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "This feels good to be"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: me
(361) Thom: "I don't see any other option.."
(401) Norfirion (enter): 00:05
** (358) Morti strolls in checking out the trees and looking about for animal life **
(367) Dranath: "The other option would, of course, be to not follow the path."
(363) Atross: "I'd prefer the clearer view. I wonder where they could be."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "ah yes...this forest reminds me of Tamuril"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I hear water"
(361) Thom: "Well, we aren't going to find the solution to the curse just standing here...."
(402) Norfirion (enter): 00:07
(357) DM: The trees are larger than most trees you've seen. The grass between the trees is about knee high.
(361) Thom: "Water? then let's go check it out..."
(367) Dranath: "Who is Tamuril?" as they walk..
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "She was my...lover..."
(367) Dranath: "You speak in past tense, I am sorry..."
(401) Norfirion (exit): 00:08
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "She has been lost since those Kernin filth razed her village"
(357) DM: You can hear snoring in the distance.
(367) Dranath: "Sssh"
** (361) Thom walks a little slower, not wanting to wake another creature up... **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade walks towards where the snoring is coming from **
** (367) Dranath follows.. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let's see who is sleeping"
(361) Thom: "let's not wake this one though, ok?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes"
** (358) Morti follows close behind rainur, crossbow in hand **
** (361) Thom travels with Rainur, heading to see who, or what, is snoring. **
(357) DM: Round the bend, there is an amber-skinned woman with long blonde hair sleeping in the middle of the path. A unicorn is sleeping next to her. The woman is wearing a dress the color of daffodils. Her head rests on a rolled up saffron cloak. One arm is draped around a small wooden chest.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, put that thing down"
(367) Dranath: "... and curiouser.."
** (358) Morti lowers the weapon in awe rather than response. "Woooww... a ... unicorn...?" **
** (361) Thom pauses momentarily, looking at the woman... **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade waves to her and does not speak so that her friedn is not awakened **
(357) DM: (snore)
** (367) Dranath watches the barbarian wave to the sleeping pair. **
(363) Atross: ::Whispering::"Interesting. Maybe this is a peaceful arboreum after all."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps they are themselves trapped here"
(358) Morti: "Ya think it would let me pet it?"
(361) Thom: ::Whispering:: "Maybe... I know I said let's not wake them, but maybe they could help...."
** (367) Dranath creeps closer, past Rainur. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "No morti"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "The horse must know we are here, by our scent"
** (358) Morti pouts. **
(363) Atross: ::Whispering::"Not right now Morti. They seem peaceful? Let them sleep for once maybe."
(367) Dranath: "They are trapped here, I would hate to miss a chance to meet new people if i persisted here for too long." He turns back to the girl, "Besides.. amber skin..."
** (367) Dranath crouches on the path, "Wake fair lady, you sleep in the path..." **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, if you wake her, wake her gently"
(358) Morti: :to atross: "Should he be waking her? We haven't had much luck with that"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "She is obviously not an ogre"
(363) Atross: ::replying::"No we haven't, and no he probably actually shouldn't."
(367) Dranath: "Unicorns will only have dealings with those pure of spirit..."
(361) Thom: ::to rainur:: "Maybe, but then how many times have things not actually been what they seemed here?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes this is true"
(358) Morti: "Um... are we sure it's a real unicorn though?"
(363) Atross: ::Whispering::"She is not obviously an ogre you mean. She's probably a member of the family though, and there's no telling how she'll react."
** (367) Dranath repeats his call, louder. "Fair lady, you sleep in the path, and it is a lovely day...." **
** (361) Thom takes a step back, not wanting to be near if this goes badly. **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade approaches closer **
(357) DM: (snore)
(367) Dranath: ((burning daylight!! ~create water~))
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville wakes... **
(358) Morti: "Shall we try my wet willy approach again?"
** (367) Dranath moves to just near them, out of arm's reach. "Creatures of the woods, ever still you sleep in the path." **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps if you tapped her on the shoulder youn would have better luck
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville yawns and sits up. **
(361) Thom: "Well, something did it..."
** (367) Dranath backs up a polite step. **
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Cerwyn, la suite. Nous avons des visiteurs.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: ((perhaps it was my eau de equine))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre?"
(367) Dranath: "Do not be alarmed lady, you were sleeping on the-.. " Dranath frowns...
(363) Atross: ::Quietly::"Nothing to do about it." ::Calls::"Good day?"
(358) Morti: "More strange languge... rrrrr...." :creases his brow in frustration:
(357) Pierre d'Amberville: "We have visitors." (smiles)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade bows **
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Oh. You are not of the family.
(357) DM: The unicorn wakes up.
(367) Dranath: "No, we are guests in this house.."
(361) Thom: ::whispers to Morti:: "Isn't that obvious?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Mo my lady, we are not"
(358) Morti: :shrugs to Thom as he stares at the unicorn... smiling:
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are here seeking to lift the curse that is upon your family"
(363) Atross: "Yes, you are correct." ::Q::"Why are you all saying no?"
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville sighs with relief. **
** (363) Atross waves from his position nearly at the back. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "In doing this we have faced ogres, wraiths and numerous other creatures to finally come to this most beautiful place"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Thanks be to the god that you do not follow Simon.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Who is simon?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: All Simon's doing. He and Richard are at war, you know.
(367) Dranath: "and what does he say"
(367) Dranath: ((snicker snicker snort, simon says))
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: My brother. He spends all his time in the chapel now.
** (358) Morti waves at the unicorn, approaching it slowly with hands up peacably **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah I see"
** (361) Thom looks at Magdalene strange, shocked by the seemingly common name for someone of this family. **
(357) DM: The unicorn steps towards Magdalene protectively.
(361) Thom: "Morti..."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "So Richard is..trying to lift this curse?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Richard claims that Simon has fallen from his path. Oh, sacre bleu! Say it is not so!
** (358) Morti pouts as the mythical horse moves away and he offers an apologetic nod toward Thom "Just weanted to pet it" **
(367) Dranath: "And what shall you be known by? for 'beautiful lady' is too long a title"
(361) Thom: "I know, but maybe later... The last thing we want is to get it upset or skiddish, ok?"
(358) Morti: "Hai hai"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Oh, mes pardons ! My name is Magdalene. Magdalene d'Amberville.
** (367) Dranath offers his hand out horizontally, in the way of gentry, "Dranath Valhardt.." **
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: This is my familiar, Cerwyn. (pets the unicorn)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Richard seems to want to destroy ...Catherine and....I believe Marie...will that lift this dreadful curse?"
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville snorts **
(361) Thom: "I take that as a 'no'..."
(363) Atross: "He seemed rather insistent. And of course acted like this were self-evident merely by his belief in it. Of course he didn't explain."
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Richard is jealous that Catherine married Etienne. Unfortunately for him, he swore an oath to protect his brother, so that when Catherine tried to kill Etienne, the oath bound Richard to his actions.
(358) Morti: "What actions were they?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Killing Catherine will not lift the curse of Etienne, my uncle.
(363) Atross: "Ah, duty before thought."
(361) Thom: ::muttering:: "So, that explains why the paladin is so insane...""
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Richard was sworn to protect my uncle but failed in his actions, and for this, the curse transformed him into a parody of his former self. Richard the Lion-Hearted is now a madman, thirsting for justice for the sake of a sword.
(367) Dranath: "What of Marie-Helene?"
(358) Morti: "That sounds like him
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville scratches Cerwyn. "Ah, my grandmere." **
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville looks up at Dranath. "What about her?" **
(363) Atross: "Why does he require her dead as well?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Why would he want her dead as well?
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Because she has the power to foretell the future, and so in his twisted sense of justice, any who dare to use the power of magicka are dabblers in the infernal.
(367) Dranath: "Is that his and Etienne's mother?"
** (361) Thom listens to the story, getting twisted a little by the numerous twists and turns in the story. **
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: You wish to be free of my uncle's curse, cela n'est pas si ?
(367) Dranath: "si.."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes and we wish to free your family"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Well then, I will tell you how...for a price.
(367) Dranath: "Name it, lady Magdalene."
** (358) Morti lifts moiraine from his pocket, setting down with the cat as they speak, listening carefully as he eyes the unicorn **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is your price?"
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville smiles. "Do you always agree so readily to strangers, little one?" **
(363) Atross: ::Quietly:: "Of course, a price."
** (361) Thom nods to Atross. **
(367) Dranath: "Agreeing to hear a price, and paying it are seperate things.."
(361) Thom: {{whispers:: "Isn't there always?"
(367) Dranath: (dont think she was talking to me, but all the same)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "My lady, what is your price?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: On my world, the world of Averoigne, there is a druid by the name of Sephora, who resides in a forest known as Sylaire. Sephora was a friend of mine, but when we fled Averoigne, I could not ask her to come with me. I would ask that you carry this chest with you, which contains a memento from myself to her, so that she will always have a token to remember me by. Do not open the chest, and once you give the token to her, you will be free of this promise. Do you accept this task?
(358) Morti: "Where's Averoigne?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: In order to be free of my uncle's curse, you will need to go there.
(363) Atross: "Why is the token in the chest, why not carry the token?"
** (361) Thom looks over Magdalene for a moment, then noticabely relaxes. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah I see..."
(361) Thom: "So Averoigne is within this Castle, correct?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Non. It is a world separate from the chateau.
(361) Thom: (( after all, who knows how large this place is... ;) ))
(367) Dranath: "Is there a way for us to reach Averoigne from this .. chateau?"
(358) Morti: "So... you know how to break the curse then?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: The chateau is doomed to remain apart from your world and mine. It exists and yet does not exist. It exists in all times, in all places, and yet outside of time and outside of space.
(361) Thom: "So, we have to travel out of the chateu to free the curse, the curse which prevents anyone from leaving the chateu?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: This shall remain until my uncle's curse is broken.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "You say this as if we will not be able to free your family...and you....why is that my lady?"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: I will tell you how to reach Averoigne and break my uncle's curse if you promise to accept the task before you.
(361) Thom: "Well, I say we do it. She can help us, and we obviously need any help we can get."
(367) Dranath: "We have no other choice... I for one vote in it's favor, but I can't speak for the group- I am new to it."
(363) Atross: "I'd still like to know why it has to be in the box..."
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Because all who have tried to break the curse have thus far failed.
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Yes (to Thom)
(358) Morti: "Deliver a memento to your dear friend. At the very least..." Stands and gives sincere bow: " I accept."
(363) Atross: ((It's not even giftwrapped after all))
(361) Thom: (( gotta love those paradoxes.... ))
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: (to Atross) Because the token is meant for my love, the lady Sephora.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well the act is one of good intention, I do not fear that it will be leading us towards evil and it is one as a gesture of love..."
(363) Atross: "I don't see anything wrong with the task as it's on the way to where to break the curse. So who wants to carry the box?"
** (361) Thom flexes his arm, showing little muscle... "Well, maybe I shouldn't..." **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Mortimer Boyle, do you feem comfortable carrying this gift of love?"
(358) Morti: "I'll carry it." :grins to the lady: "If I can pet your unicorn:
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: feel
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Why certainly, little one.
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville stands aside and lets Morti approach. **
** (358) Morti smiles wide with his cloth masks and steps up a bit apprehensively and lays a soothing strok along the creatures head **
(357) DM: The unicorn bows its head, nickering softly.
** (357) Magdalene d'Amberville looks at Morti and smiles, her eyes twinkling. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, I will agree to such a noble charge, since it is in the name of good"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "What say you all?"
(367) Dranath: "We have agreed to carry your token to Sephora, who resides in the forest of Sylaire of the world Averoigne.. "
(361) Thom: "I agree as well."
(358) Morti: :as he scratches along its ears, he reminisces, "Ya know, my big sister always said only the purest maiden could pet a unicorn. Shows what she knows. And she's gonna be real jealous when I find her and tell her about it."
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Very well. Then, so be it.
(357) DM: Suddenly, a haze of sparkling light appears out of nowhere and immerses Magdelene. It expands to fill your vision and the path and the clearing...
** (361) Thom shields his eyes from the light, not wanting to go blind again.... **
(358) Morti: :picking up moiraine in one arm as he pets, suggesting "Maybe you'll grow to be so big someday. hehe.." :as the light spreads: "Eh?"
(363) Atross: "Hmm, what now..."
(357) DM: When your vision clears, where there was once an amber-skinned woman, there stands a graceful, sinuous creature with scales the color of a deep amber with golden flecks....a youthful sunrise drake.
** (361) Thom looks up as the light dims away. "uhhh...." **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade 's eyes open wide **
(367) Dranath: Dranath's eyes widen, and he bends a knee in respect.
(357) DM: Clenched in its jaws is an amber scroll. The drake lowers its head to Rainur, opening its jaws, and lets the scroll case drop to the ground at Rainur's feet.
(358) Morti: "Whoooooaaa..." :attention finally drawn from the unicorn, he points toward the once woman. "You're a..." :Glancing his gloved hands he suddenly pulls back, lowering his head in odd silence
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have only dreamed..." picks up the scroll "My humble thanks my lady"
** (363) Atross just stares in awed silence at the spectacle. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "There are many stories on the plains of....well I am humbled"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: Within that scroll case is the key to breaking my uncle's curse. If you are those whom I have waited, for lo, these many years, may that scroll serve you well.
** (361) Thom sees Dranath on a knee and Morti with his head low, but the others remain, so he does as well. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Our most greatuful thanks..."
(361) Thom: "The key..."
** (358) Morti just returns a simple nod, for some reason no longer making eye contact with the drake **
(357) DM: The drake nods, eyes twinkling at you.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "May the War Father give us the strength to see this through"
(357) Magdalene d'Amberville: And now, I must rest.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I only wish that I had the strenth and fortitude that I once had to better serve both you and my Lord after the brush with those undead and Marie's interesting banquet"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rest well"
(357) DM: The drake yawns, its teeth gleaming in the sunlight. It slowly reclines, and drops to the ground next to the unicorn.
(367) Dranath: "may Oneiros send you gentle dreams... "
** (358) Morti bows respectfully, and speaks in a timid voice, "Yes... rest well." **
(357) DM: In minutes, it's fast asleep, snoring.
(367) Dranath: "What reads the scroll?"
** (361) Thom glances at Morti, noticing a significant change from the boy that just wanted to pet the unicorn... **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well everyone, let us see what is on this scroll. This may be the safest place to view it"
** (358) Morti nods to rainur **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade opens the scroll **
** (361) Thom tries to think back about all the people they have met and what they have said... **
** (358) Morti moves beside rainur to read the scroll **
** (361) Thom stands back, not wanting to crowd around the scroll. "So, what's it say?" **
(357) TaliesinNYC: scroll: To Those Who Would Be Free

The secret that will break the curse surrounding Chateau d'Amberville and lift the gray mist is engraved on the inside lid of Etienne d'Amberville's casket. To summon Prince Etienne's tomb from beyond space and time, four magical items are needed. The four items are the Enchanted Sword of Sylaire, The Viper Circled Mirror, The Ring of Eibon and a potion of time and travel. All can be found in Averoigne, our old homeland. Touch ring to viper's tail. Anoint the sword with the potion. Shatter the mirror with the sword and Prince Etienne's tomb will appear.

Search first for the Gate of Silver Keys.

Sylaire -- The Enchanted Sword -- Sephora? Malachie?
Vyones -- The Viper Circled Mirror -- Gaspard du Nord
Perigon -- The Ring of Eibon -- Luc le Chaudronnier
Les Hiboux? Ximes? -- potion of time and travel -- Azedarac? Jehan? Moriamis?

** (367) Dranath inspects the sleeping drake from a distance. **
(358) Morti: "This should be helpful.. and I'm guessing those are names of people who know about the items. And there's Sephora!"
** (367) Dranath reads the scroll when it comes to him, "Ah.. did ye not say that a large silver key was found in Rhikarn's room?" **
(363) Atross: "Now we just need to escape the curse and we can start breaking it, right?"
(361) Thom: "Yep, I still got it right here." **Pats one of his belt pouches.
(367) Dranath: "And Sylaire was the forest... and you said Richard was the right hand of Ximes, a place in Averoigne.. so the first column is the place, followed by the item and followed by possible possessor's of said item?"
(367) Dranath: "Silver keys are no doubt scattered about the Chateau.. and the gate would take us to averoigne? all speculation of course."
(361) Thom: So, the silver keys will help us leave, so that we can break the curse then?
(363) Atross: "Sounds likely. Though how many keys would be needed? Sounds like more than just the one we have."
(361) Thom: "Gate of Silver Keys... Definately more than one... Too bad it doesn't say Gate of two Silver Keys or Gate of Ten Silver Keys...."
(367) Dranath: "Ayuh, so we continue to prowl about the chateau.. "
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes so we must press on "
(361) Thom: "Then let's continue.""
(367) Dranath: (we leave lady magdelena and continue on the path)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (that will lead us to 14)
(361) Thom: (( btw- where are we? #14, #15? between the door we entered and #14? ))
(367) Dranath: (ayuh)
(357) DM: The sound of splashing water can be heard through the trees....
(357) DM: (14)
(363) Atross: "At least we know what to ask for now."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am thirsty...does anyone care for a drink before we continue?
(361) Thom: "Well, how about this door then?" *Points at the door behind htem.**
(367) Dranath: "lo, there do I hear the sound of water.. should we go to the door or whatever makes the noise.. I am curious."
(358) Morti: "True." :Listens for the splashing water. (continuous splash or sporadic?)
(361) Thom: "Whichever way, it matters not to me."
(357) DM: (continuous)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade follows the sound of the water **
** (367) Dranath follows **
(358) Morti: "Probably a fountain...." Follows rainur
** (361) Thom glances back at the door, then turns and follows the others. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "This may also be one of the few places where we might get clean water
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "
(361) Thom: "if it is even real, and not ghost water..."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Not here thom"
(367) Dranath: "I have petitioned a lot of water... if we are in need of it- I can tap it by Oneiros' will.."
(357) DM: Through the trees, you can make out a circular pool of water. The pool is fed by a stream which wanders through the forest. In the middle of the pool is a fountain. The fountain is shaped like three interlinked gargoyles. The gargoyles spray water from their mouths. Embedded at the base of the trio of statues is the lid of a metal chest. The lid is padlocked.
(361) Thom: "I have just seen so many strange things in this chateu already - I can't begin to expect anything..."
** (361) Thom loks at the padlock. "Oh... interesting..." **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps another key?"
(367) Dranath: "Where are you all from? you seem to know each other- atleast more than you know of me.. "
** (358) Morti steps toward the pool edge curiously. Focusing his mind he feels outward. (detect magic on gargoyles and chest) **
whispering to Morti, inside the pool....
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "The last one we found was in a chest as well"
(361) Thom: "yes, perhaps..." **Thom looks over the lock and chest from outside the fountain.
whispering to Morti, you can see a large silver key in the bottom of the fountain
(358) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [17,14] = (31)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
(363) Atross: "Well, we came in from Highkeep."
(358) Morti: "Hey... the key." points into the water
** (363) Atross begins explaining his part of the story. **
(361) Thom: "What Morti?"
(358) Morti: I see a key in the water"
(358) Morti: (brb)
** (361) Thom looks to where Morti points **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade looks to where morti points **
(361) Thom: "A key? That's no fun..."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (how deep does it look?)
(358) Morti: :consolingly to thom: "Well... there's still the locked chest over there"
(361) Thom: (( does the key look to be the same size as the padlock on the chest? ))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: ((stan..how deep does the fountain look?))
(357) DM: (looking up a rule)
(357) DM: (fairly shallow. less than 6')
(357) DM: (I heard you the first time Alfred)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade looks for a broken branch around 6 ft **
** (361) Thom starts walking around the fountain, keeping his eyes on the chest. **
** (367) Dranath pokes the butt of his spear in the water swiftly. **
** (367) Dranath inspects the butt, and with a shrug reaches for the key. **
(367) Dranath: NEVERMIND
** (367) Dranath grunts, and tries to pull the spear free. **
(357) DM: Suddenly, a massive creature entirely formed out of water rises out of the pool and towers over Dranath (init)
(363) Atross: "Sticky water?"
(358) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
(427) Balin (enter): 01:32
** (367) Dranath watches the form rise, his jaw slackening **
(363) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [20,5] = (25)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(363) Atross: (Clearly, I was fastest)
(361) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
(357) DM: It seems like a humanoid yet is made out of brackish algae-filled water. A hand slowly forms...
(427) Balin (exit): 01:33
(367) Dranath: Init:: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
(363) Atross: (Who's on first?)
(357) DM: (25, Atross)
** (363) Atross checks his range and fires a trio of arrows into the monster. **
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [6,12] = (18)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [2,12] = (14)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
(357) DM: (all miss)
(363) Atross: ((Nice and abysmal, am I point blank btw?)
(357) DM: (yes)
(363) Atross: (If so I'll put it in the roll for next time, and done)
(363) Atross: "Let go"
(357) DM: (k)
(357) DM: (22, Rain)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade slices at the form **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [12,10] = (22)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
(357) DM: (both hit)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d10+4] -> [10,4] = (14)
(361) Thom: (( you said it is a massive creature... medium size still, or larger? ))
(357) DM: (L)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: 24 pts if not evil
(357) DM: (lightly wounded)
(357) DM: (21, Thom)
** (361) Thom sees the commotion at the other side of the pool and runs over, drawing out his rapier as he does, bringing forth the line of flames along it's edges. **
** (361) Thom then attackes the creature **
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack (+1 - size): [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3+1d6] -> [6,3,1] = (10)
(361) Thom: (( that's crit threat too ))
(361) Thom: (( if applicable ))
(357) DM: (so roll to see if a crit)
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Critical Attack: [1d20+11] -> [1,11] = (12) ==> DAMAGE [2d6+6+1d6] -> [6,4,6,4] = (20)
(363) Atross: ((Uuuuuuuno))
(357) DM: (so its not, just a threat)
(357) DM: (21, Dran)
** (367) Dranath springs back, floating in the air a slight bit longer than is normal. Chanting a few words he holds out his holy symbol, "Arm me, faith." His spear glows a light shadowy purple as an identical spear formed of spirit and force seperates from it, attacking the creature. (spiritual weapon) **
(367) Dranath: Spiritual Weapon [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21), Damage [1d8+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
(367) Dranath: (force effect, lasts for 6 rounds)
(357) DM: The spell seems to have no effect.
(357) DM: (19, the creature)
(357) DM: (on Rainur)
(367) Dranath: (free action on my round to attack- force effects break through dr and such, and can attack incorporeal things i believe.)
(357) DM: (seriously wounded. had to check with Donovan)
(357) DM: (moving on...)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24),[1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13)
(357) DM: (AC 24 on Rainur)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: hit
(367) Dranath: (who is donovan?)
(363) Atross: ((That's me, I read books a lot)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8+5] -> [1,7,5] = (13)
(357) DM: The creature forms a massive hand of solid water, reaches back and slams Rainur with full force in the chest. You swear you heard a rib crack (13 damage).
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well I wasn't that thirsty"
(357) DM: (17, Mort)
** (358) Morti decides to present his favorite hand, Burning hands. Stepping to the water's edge, he lets out a hissing cry as a familiar sheet of azure flame streaks at the abomination. (DC 14 for half) [2d4] -> [1,1] = (2) **
(358) Morti: (hard water... bad for the skin)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
(357) DM: (yes)
(361) Thom: (( Morti Morti, what happened to your spell rolls? ))
(357) DM: (seriously wounded)
(357) DM: (25, Atross)
(358) Morti: (I told you... the dice be my mortal enemies!)
(363) Atross: (Round 2, Fire again)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+1] -> [15,12,1] = (28)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+1] -> [10,12,1] = (23)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7+1] -> [3,7,1] = (11)
(357) DM: (yes twice)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+1] -> [8,2,1] = (11)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+1] -> [7,2,1] = (10)
(363) Atross: "Here, have some of THIS!"
(357) DM: (seriously wounded)
(357) DM: (22, Rain)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15)
(357) DM: (miss both)
(357) DM: (21, Thom)
(361) Zane: "Eat fire!"
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack (+1 - size): [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3+1d6] -> [2,3,6] = (11)
(357) DM: (seriously wounded)
(357) DM: (21, Dranath)
** (367) Dranath the spiritual spear thrusts forward again as dranath moves so that he is just behind rainur **
(367) Dranath: defensively cast a CLW
(367) Dranath: well
(367) Dranath: i shouldn't even be in range should I? so nm
(367) Dranath: Spiritual Weapon [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11), Damage [1d8+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
(367) Dranath: and rainur heal [1d8+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
(357) DM: (11 misses)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21),[1d20+10
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [1,10] = (11)
(357) DM: The creature attempts to seize Rainur with a massive bear hug, yet the barbarian priest sidesteps it each time. (2 misses)
(357) DM: (17, Morti)
** (358) Morti not happy with the last shot, fires off another splay of fire. Burning hands: [2d4] -> [3,4] = (7) **
(357) DM: (60 minute warning)
(361) Thom: (( *Cheers Morti on* ))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is with this place!"
(357) DM: (critical)
(357) DM: (25, Atross)
(363) Atross: (Fire 3, KABOOM!)
** (363) Atross fires again, 3 more. **
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+1] -> [14,12,1] = (27)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+1] -> [9,12,1] = (22)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7+1] -> [16,7,1] = (24)
(358) Morti: (haha.. bested the dice!)
(363) Atross: (I think that's 3, down the line)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+1] -> [1,2,1] = (4)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+1] -> [2,2,1] = (5)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+1] -> [6,2,1] = (9)
(357) DM: (critical)
(357) DM: Your attacks seem to not be very effective against it for some reason...
(357) DM: (22, Rainur)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [10,12] = (22)
(357) DM: (1 hit)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: 7pts
(357) DM: (critical)
(357) DM: It pretty much ignored that attack.
(357) DM: (21, Thom)
(361) Thom: "Ignore this firey attack you beast!"
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack (+1 - size): [1d20+10+1] -> [17,10,1] = (28) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [3,3] = (6) normal and [1d6] -> [2] = (2) fire damage
(357) DM: (critical)
(357) DM: (21, Dranath)
** (367) Dranath slashes his hand from left to right, the spear dashing in once more. **
(367) Dranath: Spiritual Weapon [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12), Damage [1d8+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(367) Dranath: I will ready to cast a cure spell if rainur is hit again.
(357) DM: It moves gracefully to one side, dodging the hammer blow.
(357) DM: (19, the elemental)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15),[Bad dice format] - [1d20+!0]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19)
(357) DM: (threat)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
(357) DM: (not a crit)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d8+5] -> [2,5,5] = (12)
(357) DM: It reforms a clawed hand and slams Rainur a few feet back. (12 damage)
(357) DM: (17, Morti)
** (358) Morti brings his crossbow to bear and fires for the watery monster's head **
(358) Morti: Crossbow, light Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)===> DMG: [1d8+0] -> [7,0] = (7)
(367) Dranath: can i take my readied action to heal him?
(357) DM: (k)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "oh...it seems to not like me at all"
(367) Dranath: [1d8+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(357) DM: The bolt flies over its shoulder and lands in the fountain.
(357) DM: (25, Atross)
(361) Thom: "You are the one that said you were thirsty...."
** (363) Atross continues the barrage **
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+1] -> [13,12,1] = (26)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+1] -> [3,12,1] = (16)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+1] -> [17,12,1] = (30)
(363) Atross: (oops)
(363) Atross: (Just -5 from the last one?)
(357) DM: (2)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+1] -> [9,2,1] = (12)
(363) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+1] -> [2,2,1] = (5)
(357) DM: (critical)
(357) DM: (22, Rain)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [2,10] = (12)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [12,12] = (24)
(357) DM: (hit once)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(357) DM: (critical)
(357) DM: Your attack was ineffective against it.
(357) DM: (21, Thom)
(361) Thom: "Take this!"
(361) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack (+1 - size): [1d20+10+1] -> [9,10,1] = (20) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3] -> [5,3] = (8) normal and [1d6] -> [5] = (5) fire damage
(357) DM: And with that, the creature dissipates into steam.
(361) Thom: "That's what I thought.... Keeping me away from that chest...."
** (367) Dranath NOW tries to get the silver key... **
(357) DM: Easily retrieved.
** (358) Morti looks over the sights on his crossbow. "I gotta practice" **
** (361) Thom starts to take off his belt, which holds his rapier, crossbow and belt pouches. He lays it on the ground, along with his sack and cloak, after grabbing a small item from his cloak. **
** (367) Dranath the spiritual hammer floats just above and behind his shoulder, and he produces the key, "That's two..." **
(367) Dranath: (hah, didn't phrase that very well)
** (363) Atross examines his bow. "I've got to be able to improve this thing, somehow." **
(367) Dranath: The spiritual hammer floats just above and behind his shoulder, and he produces the key, "That's two..."
(363) Atross: ((Yeah, it's hard to say that in /me))
** (361) Thom sticks his hand into the water, making sure there are no more of those beasts. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well do we think another lies in that chest as well?
** (358) Morti plops to a seat near the water, letting moiraine out from his pocket to rest as Thom makes for the chest **
** (357) Moiraine peeks out of Morti's pocket and purrs before settling in for a nap. **
(367) Dranath: "So you are a mage.. Morti was it?"
(363) Atross: "Yeah, water, even if it's a little grimy, doesn't usually get up and attack people."
** (361) Zane hops over the edge into the pool, going for the chest. **
** (358) Morti looks t Dranath with a smile on his scarf. "Yup.. a magus of the Diamond Citadel" **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade just sighs **
(367) Dranath: "Very admirable, it's a pleasure to travel with you."
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade looks really unhappy **
(367) Dranath: "I believe that was an elemental spirit... Water, of course."
** (361) Thom reaches the chest, and looks at to see if he can just remove it. **
(367) Dranath: "Something wrong rainur?"
** (358) Morti gives a grin to Dranath and settles back on the grass to rest like his cat **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is not for you to concern yourself about"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
** (367) Dranath nods. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [5,15] = (20)
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade washes his face with the water and cleans himself **
** (361) Thom unrolls his tools and begins working on the lock, smiling. **
** (367) Dranath crouches near the fountain, inspecting it and the trees about it thoughtfully. **
** (361) Thom opens the chest lid and looks inside. **
** (367) Dranath dispels the hammer with a wave of the hand. "Thank ye Oneiros." **
** (363) Atross circles the fountain and looks off through the trees. **
** (357) Drenla's spirit appears, standing next to Rainur, smiling slightly and winks at Morti. **
** (367) Dranath stands, confused. **
** (357) Drenla's spirit opens his mouth as if to say something, and pats Rainur on the back in a consoling motion, then vanishes. **
(358) Morti: :lazily speaks up to Dranath: "Oneiros... I don't know much about religion. That's the fate one...right?" Goes wide eyed at the sight of Drenla "Master?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes my friend...what a sorted life this is..."
(363) Atross: "Hey, isn't that. That again?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes, my friend is always with us"
(358) Morti: :offers ambigiously with a smile to atross: "Yep."
** (367) Dranath watches the others react, a deep inelligence beneath his eyes. **
** (361) Thom pays no attention to anything else, as he digs through the chest. **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates on the water **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade drinks some water to quench his thirst **
** (361) Thom pulls a silver mace from the chest and looks it over. **
(358) Morti: :Settling back, reiterates to Dranath, "So... oneiros...?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let Pierre have a look at that...he may know what it is"
** (361) Thom starts to head back to the side of the pool, and pauses for a moment. He closes the lid of the chest and puts the padlock back on it. **
** (361) Thom then returns to the side of the pool. "Well, no silver key - put I did find this...." **
(361) Thom: (( *but ))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let Pierre have a look at that...he may know what it is"
** (361) Thom holds up a gleaming silver footman's mace, with a polished guard of mithril. **
(367) Dranath: "Ayuh, he is the binder of what is known, he holds the quill that scribes the role of each person. He may not dictate the fate of each person, but it is known to him..."
(361) Thom: "Sure. Pierre, this look familiar to you?"
(358) Morti: :to Dranath: "Wow..... do you think he'd know where the other items we need are then?"
** (357) Pierre d'Amberville takes the mace and looks it over, frowning. **
(363) Atross: ::Overhearing, or just butting in::"More important would be, would he tell us? Could he tell us?"
(357) Pierre d'Amberville: I'm unfamiliar with this....
(357) Pierre d'Amberville: It bears a mark on the haft, perhaps its maker?
(361) Thom: "A mark? I missed that..."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well now that we have our booty.....let us continue to (14)"
(438) Dranath (enter): 02:32
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade starts to walk towards the door **
** (361) Zane looks over the mark, seeing if he recogonizes it at all. **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (438) Dranath...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (438) Dranath...
(438) Dranath: "Ayuh, I've no doubt that he knows. But us being given the answer to all our problems would not help us grow, rather, it would make us dull and independent on him." in response to morti's question about the other items
(357) Pierre d'Amberville: It's quite small. I can see why you missed it.
** (358) Morti looks to Rainur and gives a sigh as they prepare to move out again. Cradling Moiraine in his arm, he stands to follow. **
(357) DM: (you were at 14. now you're at 15)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Lets move out"
(361) Thom: (( they are heading back to 14... ))
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (back to 14 )
** (363) Atross follows back to the door we left behind. **
whispering to Zane, it appears to be a sigil of a sunrise.
** (438) Dranath follows. **
(363) Atross: "First come first explored. Mostly."
(358) Morti: "I guess that makes sense. Or maybe he's just lazy." Offers idly as he strolls after the others, moving to take a glance at the new treasure, " So.. what kind of mark?"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "All I wanted was some water"
(357) DM: (er, back to the sunrise drake?)
(439) No Name (enter): 02:35
** (361) Thom shrugs and grabs his belt, placing it back on, puts his cloak on, and returns his tools to their pocket. He also attaches the mace to his belt, then follows everyone back to the prioir door. **
(361) Thom: ::to Morti:: It looks like a sunrise...
(438) Dranath: "Can't give everyone all the answers, imagine life if it was like that." smiles at morti, not at all offended by the lazy coment. "We can solve this, we have already been given the answers.."
(363) Atross: "Hmm, like archery, where the target is isn't as important as how to get there."
(358) Morti: :nods to Thom and turns back to Dranath. "True, I'll work hard to meet the challenge and grow on this path." :Smiles to the priest
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade seems a little depressed at his loss of effectiveness **
(439) No Name (exit): 02:38
** (361) Thom speeds up to get in the front of the group, knowing he might be needed once they reach the door. **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: brb
(361) Thom: (( so, we reach the door then, no problem? ))
** (361) Zane listens at the door for a moment. **
(357) DM: (ah ha., well I can't last many more hours but I can probably last for another hour or so.)
** (361) Thom then pulls out some tools and begins working on the 'lock'. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [17,15] = (32)
(440) Spectator (exit): 02:46
** (361) Thom looks back over his shoulder at the party. **
(361) Thom: "Well, you guys ready for more?
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes"
** (361) Thom opens the door, pushing(?) it open. **
(363) Atross: "Fine and ready here"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, at least this place will make a man out of you"
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade chuckles **
(358) Morti: "I'm gonna get older? How long are we staying here?"
** (358) Morti looks perplexed as he settles moiraine into his oversized coat pocket to rest **
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, we all get older..."
(358) Morti: "Old enough to be a man?"
(361) Thom: "Lead on Rainur."
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade leads the party into the unknown" **
** (361) Thom follows Rainur **
(363) Atross: "The idea of being a man is not all about age, I think he's trying to say."
** (363) Atross follows on **
(358) Morti: "oh.... metaphorical, ya mean?" :follows to the rear of the group
(367) Dranath (exit): 02:50
(438) Dranath: (still here)
(361) Thom: (( and we see.....what? ))
(357) DM: The door opens and you're in the main courtyard of Chateau d'Amberville.
(361) Thom: (( sorry - I know I am rushing, caffeine buzz.... ))
(357) DM: Beyond is a limitless expanse of gray mist.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur closes the door
(438) Dranath: "Don't wander into the mists.."
(361) Thom: "Hmmm, I don't think we want door #2 after all...."
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "We will not go here"
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let's follow the path"
(358) Morti: "Good... it don't look too safe"
(438) Dranath: "Lets just follow the wall of the garden and go in the next door we find?"
(361) Thom: (( that should have been an ooc... whoops... ))
(438) Dranath: "ayuh, or the path."
(361) Thom: "I'd prefer to stay on the path - who knows what lurks in the forest?"
** (438) Dranath defers to rainur's judgement. **
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade leads the group past the fountain to the opposite door **
** (361) Thom checks the door for any nasty surprises. (Search for traps ) **
(357) DM: (you mean 19?)
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: (yes)
(438) Dranath: (ayuh)
(361) Thom: (( I believe so... ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [20,8] = (28)
(363) Atross: (Yep, that's next in line)
** (361) Thom listens at the door for a moment. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Bad dice format] - [1d20+!5]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] -> [1,15] = (16)
(361) Thom: "Well, this one definately doesn't lead outside, it sounds like an organ is being played...
(358) Morti: "Organ? chaple...?"
** (358) Morti looks over the door for markings **
(361) Thom: "Could be..."
(357) DM: There doesn't seem to be any markings though...
(438) Dranath: "she said simon spent all his time in the chapel..."
(361) Thom: "Door's unlocked if you wish to enter..."
** (359) Rainur Swiftblade enters **
** (361) Thom fllows. **
(361) Thom: (( *follows. ))
** (363) Atross onward **
(357) TaliesinNYC: 24: This large building is the d'Amberville family chapel. Brightly colored stained glass windows are inset into the walls. The pews are made of intricately carved oak and have plush velvet cushions. The floor is a wood parquet and has a lovely pattern. The entire building seems garish and lewdly decorated for a religious house. Lined up along the S, E and W walls are several statues. The statues, while carved wearing saintly gowns actually seem to mock saintliness. The sarcastic, leering faces of the statues all seem to bear a distinctive d'Amberville famiily cast.
(359) Rainur Swiftblade: "How touching this is"
(357) DM: With a start, you realize the statues are mockeries of the gods of Andurin
(358) Morti: (Sorry guys. Gonna have to duck out early tonight. keep up the good work)
(357) DM: (we can stop here then. lol.)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms