Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
8 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
8 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
Attempting to assign the role of LURKER to (12042) Norfirion...
(12031) Atross: ((Picked a random number, put it in the slot. Basically.))
(12015) Zane: (( ahhh... Thom is 19 - and he's not that large either. ))
(12010) DM: ok let's get started
(12031) Atross: ((IWhat can I say, he's gifted))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hey cut it out"
** (12015) Thom looks over at Rainur... **
(12010) DM: You waken with a start. You are within a wooden paneled chamber in what seems to be a grand mansion. A pair of wooden double doors stands closed on both the N and S sides of this room. Thick gray mist can be seen outside a window. The mist seems impenetrable.
** (12030) Morti hops to his feeet quickly and looks about with eyes of sheer determination. **
(12030) Morti: "So
(12030) Morti: ?"
(12030) Morti: ...
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville is meditating and does not seem to notice you waken. **
** (12031) Atross leans up to look around the room **
(12030) Morti: :Determination fades: "Now what?"
** (12015) Thom stands up, very much unsure about what exactly happened. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur wakens from his meditative state::
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "The War Father will be with us"
(12031) Atross: "Well, that wasn't so bad. Until right there."
** (12031) Atross gets up and looks out the window. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "My friend, Pierre, shall we proceed?"
(12031) Atross: "Dreadful weather for archery."
(12010) DM: A gray embankment of mist surrounds the grounds.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "At least we are not outside"
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: Ah, you've wakened. (smiles) Welcome to my ancestral home.
** (12015) Thom looks worried for a sec, and places a hand right below his neckline. He then relaxes. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thank ye, we hope that we will be able to help ye and yer family"
(12030) Morti: (does the sleeping count as a night's rest to refresh spells?)
(12031) Atross: "I suppose it could be worse, but if it were raining the mud could hinder fast movement."
(12010) DM: (yes)
(12031) Atross: "Yes, it is definitely better inside."
** (12030) Morti takes a seat and moves to open his satchel and get out on of his books to study for a moment. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Should we move to this door (n)? It seems to lead into the house"
(12015) Thom: *mutters* "The Amber Castle...."
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville gets up and prepares to leave along with the party. **
** (12030) Morti looks up at the others. "Oh right.. no time for this." **
(12031) Atross: "If everyone is collected and ready then I agree. Inward."
(12030) Morti: :puts away his book and prepares to follow:
** (12015) Thom takes a deep breath, finding it hard to believe that he is here, after all the rumors of the place... **
(12015) Thom: "Yes, let's go."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom can you please check that door so that there are no surprises?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (north door)
(12015) Zane: "Huh? oh yes - I'll give it a shot."
** (12031) Atross moves to have a clear view, straight at the door. **
** (12015) Thom moves to the door, kneeling to look it over. **
(12015) Thom: (( search for traps ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(12015) Thom: Search: [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
whispering to Zane, seems to be none
** (12030) Morti leans on his staff as they wait, looking out the window in awe of the mist **
(12010) DM: (I perform all search and listen checks)
(12015) Thom: "Well, it looks good to me..."
(12015) Thom: (( ok, sorry. ))
(12010) DM: np.
whispering to Zane, it's open.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Care if I open the door?"
** (12015) Thom opens the door. **
** (12031) Atross readies his bow **
(12031) Atross: "Go right ahead"
(12015) Thom: (( sorry.... ))
(12010) DM: Voices in the distance can be heard.
** (12015) Thom sticks his head in and peaks in the next room. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hm"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Piere, it must be yer family waiting to greet you"
(12030) Morti: :As the Rainur moves to open the door, Morti moves closer and prepares:
(12010) DM: You open the door and see the interior of a darkened hallway that leads to a closed door at the far end of the hall. To your right is another wooden door, also closed, from which light can be seen underneath the doorsill. A red carpet covers most of the floor in the corridor.
** (12015) Thom enters the room, moving so that everyone else can also enter. **
whispering to Zane, Supposez-vous que quelqu'un viendra?
(12015) Thom: (( *moving out of the way ))
whispering to Zane, that's what you hear btw
** (12015) Thom stops dead in his tracks. **
** (12030) Morti unsheathes the end of his staff revealing the eternal flame cast upon it to light the dark tunnel before following in **
(12015) Thom: "Uhh, hello?
** (12031) Atross follows Morti into the hall. **
(12010) DM: Voices can be heard from beyond the lit door. (door to location 2)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::pulls out short sword::
(12031) Atross: ::Quietly::"Can anyone tell what that is?"
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville listens intently. **
(12030) Morti: :Whispers back: "Talking."
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: My family, I believe.
(12015) Thom: *whispering to the others* "There are voices in the room there, they sound like they are speaking in tounges..." *points to the east door*
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Amin sinta thaliolle e dagor"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur seems to be talking to the sword::
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, remind me again what this does?
(12030) Morti: :Shrugs: "Tongues... I have a spell that could let me translate.. but... It's not on my mind at the moment. Sorry."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur listens::
(12030) Morti: :To Pierra: "Do you think they's attack us if we greeted them?"
(12031) Atross: ::Quietly::"Should we greet them?""
(12031) Atross: ((Thinking like Morti, not good))
(12030) Morti: (tis the first sign of brain failure)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well I cannot make it out...the only way to find out is to meet them head on "
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: It depends on some people. My family is notorious for being...eccentric.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur approaches the door::
(12015) Thom: *Still whispering* "Well, the voices are behind that door, we could always go to the other door and try to avoid them..."
(12031) Atross: "Do you plan to knock or just barge in? Should I ask?" ::Q::
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre, how do you say hello in your language?'
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: Bonjour.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur knocks on the door and says:: "Bonjour?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre, ye are going to have to help us here"
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Oui, entrer !
** (12030) Morti follows behind Rainur, looking a bit apprehensive as he stands off to the side of the doorway **
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: He said "yes, enter".
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur opens the door::
(12015) Thom: "Guess we better now..."
(12010) TaliesinNYC: 2: This room is luxuriously furnished with plush chairs, polished wooden tables, ornate rugs and other fine furniture. The furniture has been pushed back against the walls and the carpets have been rolled up. In the middle of the floor, an impromptu boxing ring has been set up. In one corner of the ring a man stands as still as a statue with his hands raised in the boxing guard position. This man is wearing amber silk trunks. You notice that his skin seems to be coarse and pockmarked. Seated near the boxer is a man dressed in colorful silks, fancy lace and rich velvets. He also wears a large-brimmed hat flaunting a peacock's feather. A jeweled rapier is slung over his right side on a supple leather baldric. He has wavy black hair and a closely trimmed black beard which comes to a point. Two men in plate mail carrying halberds stand as guards on either side of the richly dressed men. The guards' flesh has the same quality as that of the boxer's. The seated man seems perfectly normal.

While the chairs have been pushed back, they all face toward the boxing ring. Floating above each chair is a pair of red, unblinking eyes that turn to watch you.

(12010) DM: There is a closed wooden door on the far side of the chamber.
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Ah, nous avons des visiteurs à notre château humble. L'accueil, l'accueil !
** (12031) Atross lowers his weapon to his side as he walks in slowly. **
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: A welcome of sorts. (smiles)
** (12015) Thom looks in amazement at the sight before him... **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre?"
** (12030) Morti looks about a bit nervously and offers a full bow, politely speaking, "We're sorry to intrude." **
** (12015) Thom follows the others into the room, standing off to the side and near the back. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "How does one say thank you?"
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Mon nom est d'Amberville de Jean-Louis et je suis plu de vous accueillir à notre maison ancestrale. Qui vous est, je peux demander ?
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: He says his name is Jean-Louis and he welcomes you here. And is asking you to introduce yourselves.
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: Merci means thank you. (softly)
** (12031) Atross considers a moment before replying. **
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: (listens as Morti speaks)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Merci...I am Rainur Swiftblade, DaKhan of the Swiftblade Clan of the Uluutari"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Can you translate that Pierre?"
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: I understand you perfectly (in accented Common). Your accent (to Rainur) is quite strange.
(12031) Atross: "So then. . . Mon nam ist Atross means my name is Atross?" (mispronounces some words)
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Oui, in a manner of speaking. (smiles at Atross)
(12015) Thom: "Thom... Thom Lox, of Highkeep."
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: And to what do I owe this honor, Dauphin Swiftblade?
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I come from the plains and am a Servant of the War Father and warrior.
(12030) Morti: "Mon nam.... eh.... Mortim..." :Clears his throat and speaks more clearly, "Magus Boyle of the Diamond Citadel."
(12031) Atross: "Atross, repor-er. . My name is Atross. Hello. Bonjour."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur bows::
** (12031) Atross whispers quietly, "I feel like I'm on display for something." **
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville stands up and bows with a flourish.
"Welcome, welcome to le Chateau d'Amberville. And this is my family -- Isabel, Isidora and Marie-Helene. (points to the red eyes) They are elsewhere now and cannot greet you properly." **

(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye Atross, this is a noble family...just follow my lead"
(12030) Morti: :Knitting his brow, he seems quite uncomfortable in these surroundings
** (12015) Thom keeps looking around, keeping his jaw from dropping, but just barely, at the sight of so much magickas. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is our humble pleasure, well met"
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Well, now that you're here, would you like to place a wager on a fight? My champion versus one of you in the ring there.
(12030) Morti: "Hello madams, it is pleasant to meet you ." Speaks meekly as he bows again
(12010) DM: The red eyes just stare.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Will it be a fair fight and to what end?"
(12042) Norfirion (exit): 22:08
** (12030) Morti gives a gulp at the staring of the red eyes and turns his gaze to Jean to listen of the fight **
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Oh, come now, it will be a fair fight, no swords or weapons but your hands and your strength. And you may choose to what end, although I frown on bloodshed.
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: I offer you balanced odds based on your champion.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Let us confer with our group my lord"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::whispers to Pierre::
(12031) Atross: ::confering::"I really don't see the point. And I don't like the look of his champion anyway."
** (12015) Thom steps up next to Morti and whispers to him, "Is he actually considering agreeing to fight?" **
(12030) Morti: "Most likely. Lord Rainur never backs down"
(12015) Thom: "Well, I hope that he knows what he is doing. There is so much to this place..."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Gents, should I go a round in this battle?
(12030) Morti: :To rainur: "Depends.... if that champ's a ghost... can ya hurt him?"
(12015) Zane: *whispering to the group - but directed at Rainur.* "It is your call - your body. however, I do not see the point in this fight..."
(12031) Atross: "If you want to I won't stop you. But has he even twitched, even breathed in the slightest since we got here?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I must decline, I only fight against evil. To hurt another individual without provocation is not the way of my people."
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Very well, it is of no matter to me. Perhaps I shall see you, after dinner, n'cest pas?
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not speak for the rest of our group...they can decide themselves"
** (12030) Morti clears his throat and steps up to ask of Jean "Master Jean-Luis.. your champion... what manner of creature is he, if I may ask?" **
** (12015) Zane takes a small step back, not wanting anyone to think that he is interested. **
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: hmm? Ah, he is a magen. A demos magen, one of my finest creations. As perfect as a human, but without free will. (smiles benevolently at Morti)
(12030) Morti: (arcan check for demos magen pls)
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Free will is so unpredictable. Better that our servants cannot think for themselves, is that not so? (strokes the magen's flesh)
(12030) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [7,13] = (20)
(12030) Morti: "That sound.... horrible!"
** (12030) Morti 's mask gives a shocked expression **
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville shrugs. **
** (12015) Thom tenses at morti's words, not thinking it the best idea to upset these inhabitants.... **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti?"
(12030) Morti: "Sorry." Lowers his gaze.
(12030) Morti: "I shouldn't judge you in your own home."
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Well then, if you shall not fight or wager, you may go. (sighs)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thank you my lord, we will continue to explore the chateau and meet your relatives"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [2] = (2)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "May we proceed through the door behind you?"
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville giggles. "As you wish." (giggles some more) **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "My lord, what is so funny?"
** (12015) Thom doesn't like the sound of that response, but just looks to the others... **
** (12031) Atross looks at Jean again when he starts giggling. **
(12031) Atross: ::Quietly to Thom:: "That doesn't sound too good."
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: (glances at Rainur and bursts into a paroxysm of laughter) I hope you're not sensitive....to cats.....(giggles)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ney my lord"
(12015) Thom: *whispers back to Atross* "No, when a ghost giggles, it can't be good...
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Oh (catches his breath) good, (calms down a bit)
(12030) Morti: o.0
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom can you do the honors and open the door and listen for purring"
(12010) DM: The red eyes return to watching the magen, and ignore you.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d29+8] -> [11,8] = (19)
(12015) Thom: "Yeah, thanks..." *Thom goes to the door, listening at it for clues as to what the riddles mean*
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
** (12031) Atross walks around the room to the far door **
** (12030) Morti follows atross **
(12015) Thom: "Pardon me Master Jean-loius, but is there a key? It seems to be locked."
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville is too busy admiring his magen and ignores you. **
** (12015) Thom shrugs and turns back to the lock. He pulls out a small set of tools and starts working on it. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
** (12015) Zane stands up and turns addressing Rainur. "Lead the way. I definately heard some cats in there, but if you want to go this way - the door is ready.." **
(12031) Atross: "Cats? Hmm."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::draws swords::
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is as good a way as any"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "open the door and I will push it open with my foot"
(12015) Thom: "Very well." Thom opens the door, pushing it open for Rainur, since his hands are full.
(12010) TaliesinNYC: 3: The room is paneled in polished mahogany. A large fireplace faced with marble is set in the S wall. Whatever furniture was once in this room has since been removed, except for an iron-bound chest in the SE corner. Lying around the fireplace are several bedrolls. Near the bedrolls are an equal number of humanoids with cat-like faces dressed in leather armor. They seem hostile, as some unsheathe wicked-looking scimitars as soon as you enter the room.
** (12030) Morti turns back the ring as they prepare to move ahead. "Good day then, Master Jean-Luis, Miss Isabel, Isadora, Marie-Helene." Bows to each in turn once more **
(12010) DM: Jean-Louis doesn't acknowledge you, instead patting his magen champion. The floating eyes just stare at Morti.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ok Atross...now would be a good time for some arrows"
(12010) DM: (about eight cat warriors)
** (12031) Atross hastily raises hsi bow and reaches for his arrows. **
** (12015) Zane frowns at the hostilities and draws out his rapier.
**

(12030) Morti: :Turning from them into the room of angry cat-girls, offes with a fresh bow, "Hello. Sorry to intrude"
(12010) Rhikarn: Mrrr....and who are you who dares enter our lair?
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We seek to lift the curse from this place"
** (12031) Atross pauses. **
(12010) Rhikarn: Indeed, and you are a curse unto us, now begone!
** (12030) Morti titls his head and replies following Rainur, "Yes, we don't really dare" **
** (12015) Thom lowers his arm, his rapier still held, but not in a threatening manner. **
** (12010) Rhikarn stands up and puts his hand on his sword's hilt. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Are ye trapped here?"
(12010) Rhikarn: None of your business.
(12010) DM: Several of its ilk move up in a guard position, flanking the creature.
(12015) Thom: "They wish us to leave, so let's do that....
** (12030) Morti steps a bit closer inspecting the cat creatures curiously **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "If we are successful, you shall all be free"
(12010) Rhikarn: And if you do not leave, you shall soon be dead. Now begone!
** (12010) Rhikarn purrs angrily. **
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville giggles as he turns and watches you through the open door. **
(12030) Morti: "Wow... I've never seen people that look like cats before. Are there many more of your kind?"
** (12015) Thom moves toward the north door. **
(12010) Rhikarn: Mrrr, where are you going? Stop him!
** (12015) Thom stops. **
(12015) Thom: "I was just going to leave, as you wanted..."
(12010) DM: Three cat warriors break off and move to Thom, swords drawn.
(12030) Morti: (* idiot too use to dealing with Moiraine to expect danger from a cat* )
(12015) Thom: (( well, so much for that idea... ))
(12010) Rhikarn: (to Morti) We are given leave by the d'Ambervilles to live here. We do not suffer fools gladly. This is your last warning.
** (12015) Thom moves back toward the group, and to the open door.... **
** (12030) Morti flinches and looks to Thom's warning. "I'm sorry to pester you then. We only came here to help." **
(12010) Rhikarn: And we do not want your help. (glares at Morti)
(12030) Morti: :shrinks back: "Right... sorry."
(12015) Thom: "So, how's about we just leave the way we came then guys?" (his voice has a slight pleading to it.)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, if you do not want to destroy these evil beings, I cannot force you"
** (12030) Morti nods to Thom. **
(12015) Thom: "And you know them to be evil? I just wish to see another day..."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Are not here to rid this place of evil and bring back the family's good name?
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, I do"
** (12010) Rhikarn throws a dagger at Rainur, saying "We asked you to leave, now you shall die." **
(12010) DM: (init)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(12031) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)
(12030) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [1,2] = (3)
(12015) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
(12010) DM: The dagger misses Rainur by a mile and instead strikes the doorjamb.
(12010) DM: (sec)
(12030) Morti: "Ahhhh! We were leaving!)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ney we are not"
(12010) DM: (load minis pls)
** (12030) Morti grimaces at Rainur's resolve **
(12010) DM: (room is partially to scale)
(12031) Atross: ((I've lost my mini =())
** (12015) Zane shrugs and brings his rapier back up.... **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "War Father, I do your work"
(12015) Thom: (( has anyone else started to really lag? ))
(12076) Norfirion (enter): 22:52
(12030) Morti: (hmmm... I don't think so)
(12031) Atross: ((I'm so pixelly))
(12010) DM: ok, I have your replacement minis
(12015) Thom: (( ok, mine was just acting jumpy during the loading of the minis, I hope... ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (Stan the two sworded one is mine but I cannot move it)
(12030) Morti: (ooo.. pierre's a samurai? cool)
(12015) Thom: (( a french samurai to boot... ))
(12010) DM: (26, Thom)
(12015) Thom: (( delay.... ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(12010) DM: (19, Atross)
(12031) Atross: ((How close is Rhikarn anyway?))
(12010) DM: (25')
(12010) DM: (25' from Rainur and in the middle of his guards)
** (12031) Atross finally finishes his drawing motion and (5-foot shift)s forward to just behind rainur to one side and returns fire at Rhikarn. 3 times over. **
(12010) DM: (roll)
(12031) Atross: (Using Greater Rapid shot, two at highest, then iterative)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [14,12] = (26)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
(12031) Atross: (+1 for close range on to hit and damage)
(12010) DM: (all three hit)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [9,2] = (11)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(12031) Atross: "You are far too agressive for your own good."
(12031) Atross: (End turn)
(12010) DM: (dies)
(12010) DM: As soon as their leader collapes, the cat warriors go berserk.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Any of you next?"
(12010) DM: (15, Rainur)
** (12030) Morti tenses at the fall of the cat man **
(12015) Thom: Sees the cats go berserk "Well, no way to get out of this fight then...."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::hits the cloeset one::
(12015) Thom: (( Can I take my delayed turn after Rainur then? ))
(12010) DM: (move your mini then Alfred)
(12010) DM: (they're 25' away from you...)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (can't)
(12010) DM: (you should be able to.)
(12031) Atross: ((Are you on the Miniatures layer?))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ((yes))
(12015) Thom: (( well, I just moved him and small bit, so you should be able to as well.... ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (I want to attack cw3)
(12015) Thom: (( a small bit.... ))
(12010) DM: (well you need to find a way to move him or indicate which square you want to move to. for obvious reasons, I can't (and won't))
(12015) Thom: (( you want right in front of #3 Rainur? ))
(12030) Morti: (you want to move to the space just west of 3 or sw?)
(12031) Atross: (((Want to move here?))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (yes)
(12015) Thom: (( Zane lets one of the others take care of it. ))
(12031) Atross: (done)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+13] -> [2,13] = (15)
(12010) DM: (and that misses)
(12010) DM: (that's a hit)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
(12010) DM: (critically wounded)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (13 pts)
(12010) DM: (9, the warriors)
(12015) Thom: (( Could I take my delay as Rainur attacks? ))
(12010) DM: (CW2 on Rainur, CW3 on Rainur, CW8 on Rainur, the rest delay)
(12010) DM: (fine)
(12015) Thom: (( ok -you want me to go, then you do your attacks? ))
(12015) Thom: (( guess it really doesn't matter... ))
(12010) DM: (yes)
(12010) DM: (the cat warriors rage)
** (12015) Thom rushes forth at a group of the cats, his rapier becoming etched with a fine line of fire around it. **
(12015) Thom: (( attacking #7 ))
(12015) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3+1d6] -> [6,3,3] = (12)
(12015) Thom: (( and I take dodge agains the one I just hit, if he still stands. ))
(12010) DM: (critically wounded)
(12015) Thom: (( that's it BTW... ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11),[1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11),[1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23)
(12010) DM: (AC 11, 11 and 23)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: mini: http://www.geocities.com/destinyopenrpg/miniatures/humanoids/fightermalesword3.gif
(12010) DM: (Alfred, does the 23 hit?)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: yes
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Bad dice format] - [1d6+^]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
(12010) DM: (someone pls teach Alfred how to load a mini)
(12010) DM: (3, Morti)
(12010) DM: (as Morti goes, the rest make their delay)
(12010) DM: (CW7 on Thom, CW1 on Thom, CW6 on Thom, CW4 moves up and attacks Thom, CW5 throws a dagger at Rainur)
** (12030) Morti ignores his frustration and moves in after Thom, outstrsetching his hands and letting out a hissing grunt he brings forth a sheet of blue flame which reaches out sw toward cw4&2. Burning hands(DC 14): [2d4] -> [3,4] = (7) **
(12010) DM: (critically wounded)
(12010) DM: (er I mean seriously wounded)
(12030) Morti: (that's okay, I'm happy with critcial ^_^ )
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17),[1d20+6] -> [18,6] = (24),[1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8),[1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7),[1d20+6] -> [15,6] = (21)
(12010) DM: (vs. Thom: AC 17, AC 24, miss, miss), vs. Rainur: AC 21
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: yes
(12015) Thom: (( 24 hits. ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Bad dice format] - [1d6+^]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
(12030) Morti: (OOooo... for a second I though Atross got hit with an enlarge spell.)
(12010) DM: Four cat warriors pounce on Thom. The first rakes his sword arm with a scimitar (10 damage) while the others seem to not be able to hit him with their attacks. Another cat warrior hurls a dagger which embeds itself in Rainur's right shoulder (8 damage)
(12010) DM: (26, Thom)
(12031) Atross: ((Thom delayed and goes right after Rainur, sucks don't it))
(12015) Thom: (( which one hit me? ))
(12015) Thom: (( that's right... still, which one hit me? ))
(12010) DM: (on 3, forgot...)
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville purses his lips and rapidly whistles a waltz ditty, waving his hands frantically at Rainur, as a stream of rose petals swirl out of nowhere and weave in and around Rainur's feet. **
(12010) DM: (that was last round btw. so, 26, Thom)
** (12030) Morti eyes the odd actions curiously (spellcraft to id) **
(12030) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+14] -> [1,14] = (15)
(12015) Thom: (( ok, I will go then. I just want to know which of those guys was lucky enough to hit me. ;) ))
(12010) DM: (CW1 hit Thom last round)
** (12015) Zane grimaces at the hit, and turns his attention to #1, striking at it. **
(12015) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+10] -> [14,10] = (24) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3+1d6] -> [5,3,6] = (14)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur calls on strength from the War Father::
(12010) DM: (critical)
** (12015) Thom then steps back 5 feet. **
(12010) DM: (that provokes an AOO from CW6 and CW4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17),[1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
(12031) Atross: ((We never got around to explaining that did we))
(12010) DM: (and both miss)
(12031) Atross: ((Oh well, later))
(12010) DM: (no but David from CA did)
(12015) Thom: (( not with just a 5-foot step it doesn't, does it? ))
(12010) DM: (does it?)
(12030) Morti: (nope. 5' step does not incurr and aoo.)
(12031) Atross: (For a 5-foot adjustment, no. If you want to declare you're using your move action (since you only attacked once) to move 5 feet, I'd have to shoot you myself =D)
(12010) DM: (k)
(12015) Thom: (( lol - yes, it was the 5-foot adjustment, otherwise it would be pointless.... ;) ))
(12010) DM: (17, Atross)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainurs muscles start to buldge::
** (12031) Atross fires down the front line until the line goes down, starting with CW2, I move to CW 3 after it drops, then CW4 if 3 drops. **
(12031) Atross: (Er, shift fire to, not move to... you know...)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [17,12] = (29)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [16,12] = (28)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7] -> [15,7] = (22)
(12010) DM: (damage pls)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
(12010) DM: (all 3 drop)
(12010) DM: (15, Rainur)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: cv8
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+15] -> [3,15] = (18)
(12015) Thom: (( to quote a few movies... "Woah...." ))
(12031) Atross: [1d20] -> [9] = (9)
(12031) Atross: (Sorry, misclick)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d10+7] -> [9,7] = (16)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
(12010) DM: (CW8 drops)
(12010) DM: (is the second a cleave on CW5?)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (I have two attacks so I could hit the other if the first dropped cw8)
(12086) D (enter): 23:36
(12010) DM: k (critically wounded)
(12086) D (exit): 23:36
(12010) DM: (9, the remainder, 3 on Thom)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (thanks to whomever moved me)
(12010) DM: (1 on Rainur)
(12031) Atross: ((Still working on that hmm))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10),[1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15),[1d20+6] -> [10,6] = (16),[1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
(12010) DM: (well, only Rainur got struck, AC22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+6] -> [3,6] = (9)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: actually no...because of Pierre's spell
(12031) Atross: ((Clearly I share my dice with the dm))
(12010) DM: His opponent grabs Rainur's hand and slashes a hunk of flesh out of it (9 damage)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (AC 25 with pierre's spell)
(12010) DM: (ah then he missed)
(12010) DM: (so scratch that)
(12010) DM: (3, Morti)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: no pun intended?
** (12030) Morti grits himself and moves in to help his ally fight off the catmen, offering up the mage's puny staff skills to attack cw1 **
(12030) Morti: Quarterstaff Attack Roll: [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)===> DMG: [1d6-1] -> [6,-1] = (5)
(12030) Morti: (fear the weakling strike!!!)
(12010) DM: (0.o, ok, 26 Thom)
** (12015) Thom makes a 5-ft ADJUSTMENT step north to get away from one of them, but still strikes at #7. **
(12015) Thom: Flaming Rapier Attack: [1d20+10] -> [9,10] = (19) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+3+1d6] -> [6,3,3] = (12)
(12010) DM: (dies)
(12010) DM: (17, Atross)
** (12031) Atross the arrows continue to rain down. Putting the wounded down with them. **
(12015) Thom: (( btw, dodge on #6 now, since #7 fell. ))
(12031) Atross: (At CW1, then 6, then 5)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [13,12] = (25)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [10,12] = (22)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
(12031) Atross: (And 14 (Point blank shot) misses IIRC)
(12010) DM: (1 is critical, the other two drop)
(12010) DM: (15, Rainur)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: turns to cw1
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [19,10] = (29)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: possible crit
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+13] -> [3,13] = (16)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: I do not have 3.5 rules
(12010) DM: (just roll damage)
(12031) Atross: ((Sorry, we're pestering him in whisper))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d10+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: 11pts
(12010) DM: (and dies)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: 22 totla
(12015) Thom: ** As the last cat falls, Thom lowers his rapier as the fire around the edge of it goes out.
** (12030) Morti flinches in response to the creature's fall, offering an unsure smirk to Rainur in thanks **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "They were here to guard something
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: I am sure of it"
(12015) Thom: "Well, the only thing here is that chest...
(12030) Morti: :scratches his head: "Catnip maybe.."
(12010) DM: (btw, I assume you have a way to see? because unless otherwise stated, the rooms are unlit. you can see the interior of this chamber because of the fireplace and Jean-Louis chambers.
(12031) Atross: ((Morti carries around his stick))
(12030) Morti: (still have my everburning staff out)
(12015) Thom: (( ahh, good to know... ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, shall we care to take a look Thom?"
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville claps as Rainur skewers the cat warrior, giggling. **
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville turns back to talking to the demos magen. **
** (12015) Thom begins looking over the chest, not moving to close to it to begin with, then making his way closer as he searches for any traps **
** (12031) Atross walks up to the leader's corpse and says quietly, "Far far too agressive." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, very musch so"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: much
** (12015) Thom steps forward to check the lock. **
(12015) Thom: (( the lock on the chest that is ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is anyone hurt other than me?"
** (12030) Morti bows to the corpses offering unnecessarily, "Sorry again for intruding." Then begins to search through their belongings for a key or such: **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [19,9] = (28)
(12015) Thom: "Aye, but it can wait...."
(12031) Atross: "You mean of those that are still alive?"
(12015) Thom: "There!"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thank you Pierre"
** (12015) Thom opens the now unlocked chest. **
** (12015) Thom pulls out a 'really LARGE silver key', covered in runes. "Think htis might be importnat? **
** (12030) Morti kneels over the bodies for a moment, after checking them, offfering a bit of a strange prayer to the War Father and Solnor on behalf of the fallen cat people **
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: My pleasure, mon ami.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, they are not followers of the War Father, far from it"
(12015) Thom: (( please assume that I can type worth a hill of beans... *this and *important ))
(12030) Morti: "And may the righteo-uh... Well they did fight for what they believed in.. isn't that of the War Father's teachings?"
(12031) Atross: "I'd say so. It's at least supposed to look important."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom, why don't you hold on to that, of course with your permission Pierre"
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville nods **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "He does not support fighting for evil purposes, my son"
** (12015) Thom turns to Pierre, "Is this chest your families, or the posession of those cats?" **
(12030) Morti: "You don't know they were evil. They were defending their home."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is there anything else in that box Thom? If not, let us move on"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, I am a priest. I can sense evil. In fact they were giving me a headache"
(12031) Atross: "They wouldn't even talk to us."
** (12030) Morti finishes his odd pray regardless... silently and stands to reply. "Even if you say that, I still regret the outcome. Sorry." **
(12030) Morti: :finally glances to Thom and speaks off topic: "Wow... that's a big key."
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: I wouldn't know (to Thom) since I have not been here ever.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "They did have a choice not to bear arms, but they did. We protected ourselves"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps we should show pierre the key to see what he can decifer"
(12015) Thom: "Ok, I just wondered if you might recogonize it or something. Well, (turns to everyone) there is also a large amount of coin in there. If it is not the d'Amberville's - then I guess it is ours."
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: You have my permission to take anything that is necessary to resolving your quest.
(12015) Thom: "Thanks you Pierre."
** (12030) Morti gives his odd cloth smile to Rainur assuring, "Don't worry, I'm not upset. It's just my dumb way. Please forgive me. I know we had no choice." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur refrains from taking any coin::
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: I do know that those keys refer to a prophecy that surrounds my grandpere's curse. Something about a gate of silver keys, but I cannot seem to remember, at least not yet.
(12031) Atross: "Are you sure? It was you they attacked."
(12031) Atross: (To Rainur)
(12030) Morti: :To pierre: "Maybe we can ask master Jean-Luis what the key goes to?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "No I do not take coin that I have not been given"
** (12015) Thom takes out his sack, pulling out a handfull of gold and platinum coins from the chest, and placing it in his sack. "We can always divvy it up later... assuming we make it out of here." **
(12031) Atross: "As always, your choice. I've learned a few things about what the dead need though. Gold is not typically one of them."
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: (to Morti) If you wish it.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ask away morti"
(12030) Morti: :Grins to Pierre and heads back to the arena room door to call in, "Master Jean-Luis. Sorry to interrupt again." Bow. "But do you know where the gate this silver key opens is?"
** (12031) Atross makes sure the chest gets emptied. Arrows aren't free. **
** (12015) Thom scoops up some more platinum from the chest. **
(12010) DM: (I hope you have some way of carrying this since it is a lot of money. :) )
(12031) Atross: ((I actually have a sack, how much is it anyway?))
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville frowns as he looks up from the emotionless magen. "Oh, it's you." **
(12031) Atross: ((I presume that's where I keep my other 200 gp anyway...shudder to think fo the alternatives))
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: (looks at the key)
(12015) Thom: (( same here. ))
(12015) Thom: (( same = sack ))
(12010) DM: (several hundred coins)
(12010) DM: (do you take 20 to count it?)
** (12030) Morti offers a shy snicker in reply to the bland response, scratching his head a bit nervously as is his habit **
(12015) Thom: (( I would concentrate on the platinum, aka royals. ))
(12031) Atross: ((so, more than my pay since I joined the army all put together, or what?))
(12010) DM: (they're not royals. they seem to be a bit thick for royals and bear an unusual signet)
(12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville: Non, I do not.
(12015) Thom: (( oh, so much for me trying to be a smart @$$.... ))
(12010) DM: (More gold and platinum than you've ever seen in your lifetime, let's put it that way)
(12030) Morti: "Oh. Nevermind then. Thank you." :Bows once more as he leaves the room
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us proceed..you can take it on your way out"
** (12010) Jean-Louis d'Amberville goes back to talking to the magen. **
(12030) Morti: (Morti the Bowing Magus! Could that work as a title?)
(12015) Thom: (( well, with that much, I would only worry about the platinum ))
** (12031) Atross looks down at the chest confounded. **
(12015) Thom: (( and I would grab it, worrying about counting later. ))
(12031) Atross: "You know, I don't think I can carry all of this by myself."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur seems to be growing impatient with the group::
(12015) Thom: "Let's get the platinum out. if we come by on our way out, we'll get the rest.
(12030) Morti: :to Atross: "Well... it's... not really yours anyway"
(12031) Atross: "I suppose we'll worry about it later, if it comes up."
** (12015) Thom stands, up ready to go. **
(12030) Morti: :shrugs and nods:
(12031) Atross: "It's apparently not really anyone's anymore. I'm sure there's worse people to claim it."
(12010) DM: (where to now?)
** (12031) Atross is ready to go. **
** (12015) Thom looks to Rainur. "Which way this time?" **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us proceed to the far door "
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (door next to chest)
** (12015) Thom moves over to it, checking it for traps, then listening for voices. **
(12031) Atross: "I think that anyone there might have an idea we're here by now."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [19,8] = (27)
(12015) Thom: (( the one across from where we entered, into #4? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ((yes))
** (12015) Zane looks back at Atross, well - I like to be cautious.... **
** (12015) Thom opens the door, still looking at Atross as I unlocked it without looking. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "War father give me your healing"
(12031) Atross: "Don't let me stop you from finding out they're there, just offering my thoughts."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (rainurs wounds close a little)
(12030) Morti: (brb)
** (12015) Thom looks in and seeing nothing dangerous, steps into the room and to the left of the door. **
(12010) TaliesinNYC: 4: Upon entering, you see a dining room in an advanced state of decay. After a short time, twelve men and twelve women in costly garb walk into the room through the solid S wall and proceed to sit down around the table. As soon as the guests enter, the appearance of the dining room miraculously changes so it seems undecayed. If you concentrate hard enough, you can still see the original decayed scene beneath the fresh double images. The guests are faintly transparent. Seventeen are humans, three are elven, two are dwarves and two are halffolk. Beside the chairs already filled are a dozen empty seatings with diningware and utensils set before them. In front of several seatings are place cards with your names.
** (12031) Atross looks into the room suspiciously. **
(12015) Thom: (( oh, a little longer than originally.... ))
(12031) Atross: "Well, I see they did know we were here. More than I expected though."
(12010) DM: None of the guests acknowledge your presence.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "My lord's our thanks for the invitation"
(12031) Atross: ::Quietly::"What's going to happen if we sit down?"
** (12015) Thom eyes the seat suspiciously, knowing that they didn't appear to be in good shape earlier. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I know not Atross"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre, is this the whole family?"
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: No, these are guests at a banquet.
** (12030) Morti smiles brightly at the wonderous image, moving forward to speak graciously thank you for the invitation." He bows and without hesitation moves to claim his seat **
(12010) DM: (does anyone else join Morti at the table?)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hmm...why are they here...."
** (12015) Thom waits to see what happens to Morti.... **
(12031) Atross: "I... suppose I should follow through."
** (12031) Atross joins Morti at the table. **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade sits down **
(12010) DM: The guests completely ignore you and talk amongst themselves, as ghosts are wont to do.
(12030) Morti: (good thinking... morti's instincts are always the worst)
(12031) Atross: "it seems 'they' were listening to me quiet clearly. I wonder what they plan to do."
** (12015) Thom gives in and joins the table as well, in the seat with his namecard. **
** (12030) Morti looks about those gathered at the table and checks for empty places **
** (12031) Atross looks around for the banquet's host. **
(12010) DM: As you do, the other seatings vanish and disappear, along with the chairs. A door opens from a balcony above and a flight of stairs appears from nowhere. Several hobgoblins, in amber-colored livery begin appearing. Each bears a silver bowl that is placed before you. It contains onion soup, with a fragrant slice of toasted bread topped with melted cheese.
(12010) DM: The host seems to not be present.
** (12015) Thom rubs his left hand over his right arm. **
(12030) Morti: :nods his head graciously to the hobgoblin serving him "Thank you."
(12015) Thom: "Uhhh.... this doesn't seem suspicious at all....."
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates on the soup **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is safe to eat"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "There is no poison"
** (12030) Morti reaches for a spoon, not sure if it's real **
** (12031) Atross picks up a slice of toast and breathes deeply of its fragrance. **
(12031) Atross: ((Or tries if that fails))
** (12015) Zane watches the hobgoblins closely. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Who knows when we will have our next meal...eat it is safe"
** (12030) Morti nods to Rainur and begins to eat, carefully spooning up the soup under his cloth, flashing his crimson chin rather unabashedly **
(12015) Thom: Spot: [1d20+9] -> [10,9] = (19)
(12031) Atross: "Now that's niiice. Takes a big bite of toast."
(12030) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
** (12015) Thom gets a strange look, then looks at those eating, and gets confused.... **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays in the most evil of hearts there may be the chance or redemption... bless this food that we are about to eat in the name of the War Father"
(12015) Thom: "But... how... darn ghosts...."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is the matter thom?"
(12030) Morti: "Mmm..." happily slurps up the soup, even bringing the bowl up to his mouth to drink down the rest of the broth. "Aaaaaahhh... that was goood. hehe."
(12031) Atross: "That was great."
(12010) DM: With the soup, the hobgoblins serve an amber colored wine, faintly redolent of pears, peaches and apples.
** (12031) Atross finishes his toast. **
(12015) Thom: "They are ghosts, how do we get real food? How do they carry? it just doesn't make sense..."
(12030) Morti: :to thom: "Can't priests create food. There are even mages who can make something from nothing."
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville eating, "Magic?" **
** (12030) Morti munches on the toast happily as he eyes the wine suspiciously **
(12015) Zane: "Yeah, just a lot of magic here....."
(12031) Atross: "Well, magic tastes good then."
(12030) Morti: "If so.. I really wanna learn this kind of spell" :Smiles happily and sips the wine
(12031) Atross: "Well, it's not normally my favorite, but I should try the rest as well."
** (12015) Thom sees everyone else eating, and enjoying the food. He is a little hungry, so he picks up the bread, still not sure about it. he slowly takes a small bite of it. **
** (12031) Atross has a spoonful of onion soup, followed by a sip of wine. **
(12015) Thom: Fortitude: [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
(12010) DM: The hobgoblins appear after a short while and begin clearing your plates and soup bowls, preparing for the next course.
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out a piece of jerky from his bag and some whisky **
(12030) Morti: :to the hobgoblin: "Thank you. It was delicious"
** (12015) Zane enjoys the taste and takes another bite before having his plate removed. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not eat this fare, but enjoy everyone"
(12030) Morti: "By the way. Will our host be arriving soon?"
(12031) Atross: "Are you sure? You said it's not poisoned remember."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, but I do not like onions nor wine"
(12015) Thom: "yeah, it's actually rather good.
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: I don't know, Morti. Remember, I have never been here until now.
(12031) Atross: "Not even the bread?"
(12030) Morti: (was asking the hobgoblin actually)
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade takes a piece of bread **
(12015) Thom: (( silly Morti - always talking to ghosts that don't respond.... ))
(12030) Morti: (he'll talk to a wall if it has a face drawn on it)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [5,10] = (15)
(12010) DM: The hobgoblin doesn't seem to understand you.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
(12010) DM: The next course that they bring is a tossed salad, with endive, escarole and other lettuces, fat juicy ripe tomatoes and aromatic pickled onions, which is served with an herb viniagrette.
(12031) Atross: ((See, I whispered my Fort save))
(12015) Thom: (( yeah, i tried to - but it didn't work like I intended.... ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do eat salad"
** (12030) Morti sniffs at the food happily, and take a moment to think, before bracing himself oddly **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [2] = (2),[1d6] -> [1] = (1)
** (12031) Atross glances carefully around the table. **
** (12015) Thom looks at Morti. "What's the matter?" **
(12031) Atross: ::Mutters::"I guess if Rainur's able to eat his vegetables, I can too."
(12030) Morti: :shrugs to thom: "Just curious" :after a moment settles to eat
** (12015) Zane shrugs and then takes a bite of the salad, not sure if he will like all the stuff on it or not. **
(12030) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
** (12031) Atross has a selection of the greens (and reds and what nots) to try. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [5] = (5),[1d6] -> [1] = (1)
(12030) Morti: :between bites: "It's definatly magic" :chomp chomp: "pretty strong too."
** (12015) Thom finishes the bite. "Hmm, that is rather good." He takes a few more bites. **
(12031) Atross: "Maybe magic can make this taste good."
** (12031) Atross definitely eats the salad. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6),[1d6] -> [4] = (4)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Wonder if there will be any meat?
(12031) Atross: "Better than I expected."
(12015) Thom: (( yeah - a nice juicy prime ribeye... ))
(12010) DM: The hobgoblins appear, as if by unspoken command and begin clearing your plates for the next course.
(12010) DM: The next course is, a tremendous platter (or series of platters of various meats: roast venison, a rack of lamb, an entire side of roast beef, roast boar and a saddle of roast cockatrice. Along with this feast, is a platter of green beans drenched in almond butter, loaves of aromatic, still-warm wheat bread and a tureen of mushrooms in wine sauce. With this, goblets of claret are served.
** (12015) Thom grabs a portion of the side of beef and digs in. **
(12116) Lyeirin (enter): 00:46
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do NOT eat the mushrooms
(12031) Atross: "You asked for meat Rainur?"
** (12030) Morti 's cloth mouth opens in a drooling display which wets his mask a bit "Are they poisoned?" **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "They are poisonous"
(12031) Atross: "Really? And I was so looking forward to meeting our host too."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes...they are certain death"
** (12015) Thom swallows the bite of meat. "Well, good thing I went for the meat first..." He then takes another bite of it. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes Pierre, your family is unpredictable"
** (12030) Morti nods to Rainur and begins feasting on the green beans, bread and drinks the claret **
(12010) DM: (nothing happens but it is quite good.)
(12031) Atross: "The bread is ok though right?"
** (12031) Atross picks up a loaf. **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade eats some venison **
(12030) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)
(12030) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade eats some roast boar **
(12010) TaliesinNYC: [2d6] -> [2,2] = (4)
** (12015) Thom finishes the beef, and takes a small serving of lamb and boar. "Never had these before,,," He takes a sip of the drink to wash down the meat. **
** (12031) Atross slices off a selection of the wide variety fo meats to sample while he eats his loaf of bread. **
** (12030) Morti sways in his seat as he eats some more bread and tries the cockatrice, curious of a meat he's never had. "Thish fuud is gread." **
(12031) Atross: ((What is Claret anyway?))
(12030) Morti: : A rosy hue seems to seep through the false face of his mask as he eats:
(12010) DM: (wine)
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade eats most of the venison and a good portion of the boar **
** (12031) Atross eats a slice of each meat then sips the claret. **
(12010) TaliesinNYC: [2d6] -> [3,4] = (7)
(12031) Atross: "I don't suppose anything can be done about the flavor of wines, but I feel I should give them the benefit of the doubt after what they did with the lettuce."
** (12015) Thom starts humming a little, while finishing off his meat **
** (12015) Thom he also sways side to side in his seat, almost in time with the humming, but not really.... **
(12010) DM: The hobgoblins come by and begin clearing your plates for the last course.
** (12030) Morti picks at the venison before they go quickly, giggling at the hobgoblin as he eats **
(12015) Thom: "Wow... that, that wath good."
(12010) DM: The last course is a tray of apple streudel, covered in almonds and powdered sugar. With this, goblets of plum brandy are served.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: it is all safe
** (12015) Thom grabs the brandy first, taking a few drinks of it. **
** (12031) Atross picks up a streudel and begins removing almonds from it. **
** (12030) Morti lights up at the prospect of desert and happily gorges on the pastry and tries the brandy for good measure. **
(12015) Thom: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade eats the sweets **
(12030) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [15,6] = (21)
(12030) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [9,6] = (15)
** (12031) Atross looks over his handiwork and finally takes a bite of the apparently almondless streudel. **
** (12015) Thom grabs a struedel and bites into it, the powdered sugar sticking to his face. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is that liquid pierre?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are all drunken fools! " ::rainur laughs
(12015) Zane: "Well duh! Thish is berry berry gooood stuff....."
** (12031) Atross looks at Rainur strangely. **
** (12030) Morti breathes out a sigh as he finishes the glass... Swarying in his seat he looks about at his comrades. Holding up a wavering accusatory finger he cites slurringly, "Yoo's r'all teet'rin en stuff. Rannur's righd ya are drunk **
(12031) Atross: "I would hardly say I am drunk."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
(12015) Thom: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
(12031) Atross: ((I'm afraid that's bad Zane))((Very bad)) =P
(12015) Thom: (( he's drunk, he's full, he's happy - for a few moments at least. now would be a good time to die.... ))
(12010) DM: (Morti and Thom are drunk for a long time.)
** (12015) Thom looks up at the ceiling, his eyes bright. "Pretty colors...." **
(12030) Morti: "Hehe... sleepy sleepy." Stretches out and rests himself on his elbows on the table. "Wonder if they have a bed free"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur stands up and plops back to the chair:: "I feel weaker"
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville listens, eating and nodding, then topples face first onto the table, asleep. **
** (12015) Zane looks at Rainur and laughs.
"Weak little barbarian..." **

(12031) Atross: "I suppose I'll have to keep watch then."
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out a sword **
(12030) Morti: :Smiles to the war priest: "Probably from eating so much. Ya look all wobbly though."
(12031) Atross: "Wouldn't want everyone unawares if our host makes an appearance."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "No I am serious, I feel weaker"
** (12015) Thom laughs. "Thilly - you know I just meshin wit ya." **
(12031) Atross: "At least one of us will be able to stand to greet him or her."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "My swing is not as strong as before...this is troubling"
(12030) Morti: "Thad's nicshe." rests his face on his crossed arms
(12031) Atross: "Hmm. That is troubling. Could there have been something you couldn't detect?"
** (12015) Thom laughs some more, before taking a sip of the brandy. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps"
** (12015) Thom then passes out on his plate. **
(12030) Morti: :slurs in his near conciousness: "Majick... st-rong.. majick...aaa..."
(12010) DM: The hobgoblins appear once more and clear the table, after which, the guests vanish leaving you alone in the chamber. The table now returns to its decayed state.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is strange, I feel more...well...sturdy by weeker and I cannot get a spell out of my mind"
(12031) Atross: "I guess that dinner is over now."
** (12031) Atross stands up and brushes off bread crumbs then takes up watch. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Things also seem clearer to me and I suddenly understand things better...I must pray to the War Father...this is not right"
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade goes into meditaion until the drunkards awake **
** (12031) Atross checks the north door to see whether it's locked or not. I'll even go so far as to jiggle the handle if I have to to check. **
(12010) DM: (About an hour later.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [12] = (12)
(12010) DM: (this occurs while the drunkards are sleeping btw)
(12010) DM: (you're still in location 4)
(12010) DM: The door (the door from location 5) opens and a hobgoblin dressed in amber-colored finery peeks in, then enters, bearing a dustbroom. It immediately begins cleaning the room, although is a bit wary of Rainur and the others.
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade notices it but does not break his chant **
(12031) Atross: ::To the hobgoblin:: "I wonder, do you actually notice us? Can you tell me who set up the table and feast?"
** (12030) Morti mumbles in his sleep out delicious roast beef **
(12010) Rogak: Je vraiment ne sais pas. Je suis juste un serviteur de Marie-Helene.
(12010) Rogak: (to Atross)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Merci Marie Helene"
** (12010) Rogak glances at Rainur and continues cleaning the room. **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade stands up **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oui, Merci a Marie Helene"
(12031) Atross: (to self) "and Pierre is passed out." (To the hobgoblin) "Please tell her thank you for me if you see her. My name is Atross. The bread was fantastic."(Speaking more slowly than usual)
(12115) MagnaZero (enter): 01:18
** (12010) Rogak glances at Rainur and nods, then turns and backs out of the chamber, carefully... **
(12115) MagnaZero (exit): 01:18
(12030) Morti: "Bread!" :Sits up in his seat to declare. "Tasty!"
(12030) Morti: :Arms droop first:
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Wait a minute, how did I know to say that?"
(12030) Morti: :then head:
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is going on here?"
** (12010) Rogak drops the dustbroom and turns, running out of the dining room. **
(12030) Morti: :and drops back face first on the table, snoring
(12125) No Name (enter): 01:19
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I actually understood part of that...something is not right here"
(12031) Atross: "Not right in a bad way?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well I am a warrior...I have never had this facility with language"
(12010) DM: (btw, in its haste to get out of the room, the hobgoblin didn't close the door to room 5)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not speak the language but based on Pierre' s translations, I can understand bits and pieces...fascinating isn't it?
(12031) Atross: "Useful too."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well shall we take a look out into the room? The hobgoblin left the door open"
** (12031) Atross looks back to the room we left before." **
(12125) No Name (exit): 01:23
whispering to Morti, you wake up
(12031) Atross: "I suppose. Carefully though."
** (12030) Morti groans loudly **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out some really pugnant herbs from his healing pack and waves it under those who have passed out from the alcohol **
(12030) Morti: "My head hurts..." Grumbles from position, face down on the table
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Wake up little man...we hav places to see and things to do!"
(12030) Morti: 0.0
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Allright Thom this should wake you"
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade waves the herbs under thom's nose **
** (12030) Morti goes wide eyed at the strong scent, hopping up from his seat and staggering a few steps before tripping over his own clumsy feet and toppling to the floor **
(12031) Atross: "I don't know how you can stand so much drink."
(12015) Thom: (( waits to see if the DM tells him he is awake.... ))
(12030) Morti: :mumbles into the ground: "That didn't help my head"
** (12015) Thom sniffles a little, his head rolling away, but he remains passed out.... **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade slaps thoms face **
(12015) Zane: (( ouch.... ))
** (12030) Morti pushes himself up to a kneeling position to look around. **
(12010) DM: He's still out cold, and mumbling incoherently about dancing bears on the moon.
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade picks him up by his feet so the blood goes to his head **
(12015) Thom: (( LOL ))
(12015) Thom: "pretty... cuddly.. bears...."
(12031) Atross: "Dancing...bears...moon? What could have caused that..."
(12010) DM: He feels like a dead weight in your arms. Breathing and alive yes, but no sensation.
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade starts to swing him around to try to get him to vomit **
(12015) Thom: (( wow - I wish I could get some of this drink IRL.. ))
(12116) Lyeirin (exit): 01:29
(12031) Atross: ((You probably can. I doubt you would like it though))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Stand back everyone, this might be ugly"
** (12030) Morti grimaces at the sight of Thom's manhandling, "Um... Rainus... is that .... healthy for him?" **
** (12031) Atross sees what Rainur is trying to do and rushes out of the way. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "desperate times call for desperate measures
(12031) Atross: "I don't care about healthy, is that wise at all?"
** (12015) Thom feels the breeze though his hair and opens his eyes - to see the room spinning faster then he's ever seen. **
(12030) Morti: "We're not that desperate!" :hops up to get clear with Atross.. moving on wobbly legs
(12031) Atross: "Can't we find some cold water first."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We would have set him upside down on horse back to acheive this
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "did that"
(12129) No Name (enter): 01:31
** (12015) Thom looks like he might puke, but he stops himself. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I don't want to just shake him, he might vomit on me
(12015) Thom: "What the....?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come on wake up!"
(12031) Atross: "Good morning Thom. Feel like having a drink?"
(12015) Zane: (( uh guys - he is awake..... ))
(12015) Thom: "Ohhhh......"
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade gently puts him down **
** (12015) Thom rubs his head. "My head, my arm - they hurt..." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "at least you were not tied to a horse"
** (12030) Morti leans back against the wall, misjudging the distancing and thumping against it a bit hard before sliding down it to sit on the floor **
(12015) Thom: "What happened?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "The only way to detoxify him was to get it out of him
(12031) Atross: "You had a great banquet, then you fell asleep. Now, you woke up."
(12030) Morti: "Ooooooowwwww...." :rubs his temples as he moans pitifully
(12129) No Name (exit): 01:34
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "come here morti let me help you" ::cracks knuckles::
(12031) Atross: "It's probably best to not have a banquet that good again. Unless you liked your wake up call."
** (12015) Thom keeps rubbing his head. "My head has never hurt like this before..." **
** (12030) Morti looks up at Rainur and his cloth face faults more than visibly. "n-n-no thank you." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: I can take you for a little spin?"
(12031) Atross: "Consider yourself lucky you haven't had to hear 'What do you do witha drunken soldier..."
(12015) Thom: "Banquet? yes, that was a good banquet.... but, there is still something else about it...."
(12030) Morti: "No spin." :voice gruff and scratchy: "Feel.. sick... spin.. bad."
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade puts herb under Pierre's nose **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Can you stand Thom?"
(12130) spectator (enter): 01:38
(12010) TaliesinNYC: *waves to spectator*
** (12015) Thom tries to stand, and does so, but is still a bit wobbly.... **
(12015) Thom: "The room is spinning a little still - but I do not know if it is from the drink, or from the test flight...."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "You must always mind your alcohol gents" ::rainur's speach seems different::
(12030) Morti: "I'm never drinking again." :grimly replies:
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Everything in moderation my son"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Wake up Pierre!"
(12015) Thom: "Well, you just have to be carefull... There was more to that drink than any drink I have had before."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is why I stick to my whisky"
(12015) Thom: "Yes, I think I might as well. Or, at least avoid drinks served by ghosts...."
(12131) Jak (enter): 01:41
(12030) Morti: "Okay... please... stop talking so loudly now."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "What? Did you say something Morti?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre!"
(12031) Atross: "That's right. It seems you can thank Marie-Hellen for the fine meal and your hangover."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes, what a sweetheart she is"
** (12030) Morti cringes at the call to th sleeping man. Covering his ears and folding into a featl position against the wall **
(12015) Thom: "Marie-Hellen huh? Did she visit us?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre wake up mon ami!"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "She ordered the meal "
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville wakes up, smiling broadly. **
(12030) Morti: "Ya mean the red eye one from the ring room?"
** (12015) Zane walks back over to the table, thinking of sitting down. However he notices the decay of everything and instead walks to the wall, leaning against it. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "did you have a good sleep mon ami?"
(12131) Jak (exit): 01:45
(12015) Thom: "Ouch... Stupid cat... Stupid drinks..." Thom strats mumbling to himself about cats and drinks and pain. Then, he is just mumbling.
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville nods and wipes a fleck of drool from his chin. "Your accent could use work though." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well I think you guys should walk it off...let's go!"
(12030) Morti: "Walk... bad..."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah yes I think I should attend to you first thom"
(12015) Zane: ** A slight glow appears at Thom's finger tips where he is touching the wound on his arm. Suddenly, the wound closes itself up, and leaves the faintest scar.
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade raises his hands and the image of wild horses start to circle thom:: **
(12015) Thom: (( you might want to wait and see what happens..... ))
(12015) Thom: "What the? Did I? Wow...." Thom turns back to the group. "This was the best banquet ever!"
** (12030) Morti turns bleary eyes up to thom, agreeing with a nod. "It was a delicious meal" **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade directs the horses to morti **
(12015) Thom: "Yeah, but there was more to it... I mean, well - I'm not positive what I mean yet..." Thom closes his eyes and seems to be concentrating on something. After a moment, he opens his eyes again. "Hmm... not sure what that means."
** (12030) Morti stands up against the wall to meet the illusory horses asking, "What's this now?" **
** (12015) Zane turns to face the group, looking chipper and not even hungover really. 'So, what's next?" **
(12031) Atross: "well, I think we head out through that door (points at the door left open) and see about breaking the curse. Keys may be important."
(12015) Thom: "Yes, keys. Uh, does someone have that key we found?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes thom, that is most interesting"
(12031) Atross: "Do you?"
(12015) Thom: (( since Morti took it to show jean, and I never got it back.... ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom you have the key
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "
(12015) Thom: "No, Morti borrowed it... I think...."
(12030) Morti: "Ummmm.... nope."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Give it back to thom or if you wish me to keep it that will also suffice"
(12015) Thom: (( remember - I was to busy picking up coins... ;) ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti look in your robes...you have it"
(12030) Morti: (didn't actually take it, just asked jean about it)
(12030) Morti: (but...)
(12015) Thom: (( oh, sorry - I thought you said you showed it to him... ))
(12010) DM: (Thom still has it.)
** (12015) Thom opens his sack. "See? Just coi... Oh, never mind." **
(12031) Atross: (("Thom, isn't that it in your other hand?"))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Fine...lets get out of here...Ok Pierre...Allons Y !"
** (12015) Thom gives Rainur a strange look. **
** (12030) Morti grumbles as he readies himself to move out **
** (12015) Thom shrugs it off and heads to the door **
** (12031) Atross checks for all his belongings and then heads to the door **
(12135) No Name (enter): 01:56
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade casts another spell and two black stallions start to circle him and the sound of a tribal drumbeat can be heard out of nowhere **
** (12015) Thom peaks out into the hallway, since the door was still open **
** (12031) Atross neverused-buckler, check. Bow, check. Arrows, check. More arrows, check. Flail, check. And I haven't lost my armor or clothes either, well done. **
** (12030) Morti covers his ears again, begging, "PLease... no drums." **
** (12015) Thom looks back at Rainur. "Well, I guess there's not need to move silently...." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(12135) No Name (exit): 01:58
(12015) Thom: 5: You enter a wide, long hallway running east to west. In the center of the hall is a 10' wide crimson carpet stretching from the west door to the east door. The ceiling arches 20' high overhead. Near the east end of the hall, a raised catwalk stretches across the hallway 10' above you. At either end of the overpass are double doors. Thousands of 1" square mirrors are set into the ceiling and walls. The resulting reflection of your torches resemble a swarm of fireflies as myriad pinpoints of light are reflected back. The floor of the hall, where it is not covered in carpet is a polished white marble. The marble is so shiny you can see your reflection on its surface. Polished brass candelabra line the walls and crystal chandeliers hang from the ceiling. All the candle holders on the candelabra and chandeliers are filled with unlit candles.
** (12030) Morti tucks his staff behind himself, tying it to his back and readies his crossbow... sluggishly **
(12015) Thom: (( sorry, accidental hit.... ))
(12069) Elegard (enter): 01:58
(12069) Elegard (exit): 01:58
(12010) DM: (a bit too late now but that's what Thom sees and what you see if you enter the room)
** (12015) Thom walks into the hallway. **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade follows **
(12015) Zane: (( sorry.... I still apparently have a hangover after all... ))
** (12015) Thom looks down both directions, not sure which way to go. **
** (12031) Atross follows into the hallway **
** (12030) Morti strolls in after thom, looking about the elegant hallway. "Beautiful." **
** (12031) Atross looks around suspiciously for our "torches" =D **
(12010) DM: It's a wide hallway, at least 100' long.
(12015) Thom: (( doh! I gotta remember about that light..... ))
** (12030) Morti points atross toward the one strapped to the mage's back **
(12031) Atross: ((Morti has one though it's on his stick)
(12010) DM: As soon as you enter the hall, the door to the dining chamber slams shut and the hall is bathed in darkness. Morti's staff is also extinguished.
** (12015) Thom pulls out his sword, and it soon cathes fire. **
(12010) Moiraine: Mrrr.
(12015) Thom: (( *catches ))
(12030) Morti: "Huh? :grabs his staff to look at it. "Hey! that was suppose to last indefinate!"
(12031) Atross: ::Stops and listens::
(12030) Morti: (oh... guess moiraine is wih us)
(12010) DM: When Thom does so, all of the candles in the hall light with a brilliant flash, and the corridor is ablaze in light. (Fort save please)
(12015) Thom: Fortitude: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
(12030) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [6,10] = (16)
(12031) Atross: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(12031) Atross: (Yay us)
(12015) Thom: (( Doh! So, you guys don't vote people off the party each week, do you? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6),[3d6] -> [1,4,5] = (10)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: ((lOL))
(12031) Atross: ((No, they seem to just 'decide to leave'))
(12010) DM: You're all blinded.
(12010) DM: (altho duration will vary for some of you.)
** (12030) Morti pets the kitten he forgot was in his pocket and holds her tight to himself as the flash burns at his retnas **
** (12031) Atross covers his eyes quickly, dropping his bow in the process. **
(12030) Morti: "AAaaahhkkk...." :Breathes: "I can't see!"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre, you have a nasty family"
(12031) Atross: "Awww! Damn!"
(12015) Thom: "What the?"
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: You don't have to tell me.
** (12031) Atross realizes he just dropped his bow and adds, "Shoot!" **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ils sont fou!"
(12015) Thom: "Can anyone see what's happening?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "No I am blinded"
(12031) Atross: "Not a thing I'm afraid."
** (12030) Morti speaks to the cat in his pocket. "Moiraine, can you peak out and see what's happening?" **
** (12015) Zane tries to listen for any fottsteps, or anything moving towards them **
(12010) DM: (Alfred, just to let you know, the French the d'Ambervilles speak is not real French even though it sounds like it, so there's no way that Rainur can speak it (although he might understand it a bit) with his newfound abilities)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (only bits and pieces collected from Pierre and company)
** (12030) Morti listens intently for word or approaching residents **
(12010) DM: (ok)
(12010) DM: (50 minute warning)
(12015) Thom: (( so, let's sit here and wait for us all to see again - that should take 50 minutes... ;) ))
(12010) DM: (hm, apparently we turned our clocks backward tonight so its now 1 am EST, fyi)
** (12031) Atross tries to listen to everything and carefully peeks open an eye. **
(12010) DM: (so scratch that)
(12031) Atross: We get to play an extra hour, woohoo
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade gets prepared to fight blindly **
(12015) Thom: (( I knew I like this time switching thing.... ))
(12015) Thom: (( brb ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [14] = (14)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "There was a door accross the way wasn't there?
(12010) DM: Clanking metal can be heard from down the corridor.
(12031) Atross: "I think so. I think more than one, why?"
(12015) Thom: (( back ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Well I hear clanking metal...wait
** (12015) Thom looks towards the sound. **
(12031) Atross: "Ah, finally something."
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade looks down the corridore **
(12031) Atross: "Looks towards the approaching clanking and quickly tries to pick up his dropped bow."
(12030) Morti: "Umm... it couldn't be... one of those... magen guys... is it?"
(12015) Thom: "Damn cats" *Thom goes to the door they came from and tries to open it.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (what do we see?)
** (12015) Thom starts ushering everyone back into the room. "This way, hurry." **
(12015) Thom: (( ushering by grabbing as needed... ))
(12031) Atross: ::Quietly::"More cats, I doubt they'll be friendlier than the last."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us dispose of them
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "After today, I do not like cats"
(12030) Morti: "Wha-? " :Morti's weak frame offers preactically no resistance as he's tossed back into the room:
(12015) Thom: "But let's go where we get an advantage... We can use the doorway and protect those that can't see yet."
(12010) Criaxsht: In the name of Richard, Coeur d'Amberville, stop!
** (12015) Thom keeps ushering the blinded into the room. **
(12031) Atross: "Hello?"
(12015) Zane: (( only Morti? ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes we will stop"
(12010) DM: (yes)
(12031) Atross: ((Looks that way, heh))
** (12015) Thom stands in the doorway, behind Atross and Rainur. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are not here to fight with you guardsmen, we are guests here as noted by lady Marie"
** (12015) Thom whispers back to Morti, "Just hang in, stay there until you can see again." **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade stands confident at the door **
(12030) Morti: :shrug: "Like I can argue about it?"
** (12010) Criaxsht raises his arm in salute and bows, as the rest of his troupe stops, then stands up. "My name is Criaxsht, and I am the warder of Richard, Coeur d'Amberville, may he watch over us all eternal. My lord wishes to thank you for showing the traitor Rhikarn the error of his ways and wishes to grant you a boon." **
** (12015) Thom relaxes, glad that we are not having to fight again. **
** (12015) Thom reaches a hand back to Morti, to help him to his feet. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Many thanks Criaxsht, I am DaKhan Rainur Swiftblade, and it was an honor to teach them the errors of their ways"
(12031) Atross: ::to himself::"So maybe that's why he was so hostile."
(12030) Morti: :mishearing from inside the room:"He wants us to have a baboon?"
(12015) Thom: Thom chuckles a little at Morti, then quietly replies, "No, he, it, said 'boon'."
(12030) Morti: "Ooooooohhh..... a what?"
(12010) Criaxsht: You are honorable and so, my lord has chosen you as his representatives to free himself of the curse of Etienne d'Amberville, if you would accept this honor. (bows)
** (12015) Thom shrugs. "I'm not exactly sure myself..." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are here to help the family become free of the said curse. What is it that we must do?
(12010) Criaxsht: Alas, I do not know. Perhaps if you wish to speak to my lord?
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes we would be honored to speak to Lord Richard"
** (12031) Atross nods. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "If that pleases my company"
(12010) Criaxsht: We are on our way to patrol the rest of this wing of the chateau. Here is the key to his chambers. You can find the door within Madame Janette's rooms.
** (12010) Criaxsht hands Rainur an amber key. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes Many thanks...and where would that be?"
(12030) Morti: "We can't very well just stroll into a lady's room though, can we?"
** (12010) Criaxsht points down the hall to a large wooden door (location 10) with a fleur d'lys emblazoned on it. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thank you for your help. Your service will be noted and relayed to your Lord. Good day "
(12031) Atross: "Good fortune in your patrol."
(12010) Criaxsht: Madame Janette sleeps these days, although she was never a heavy sleeper. (Shrugs)
(12015) Thom: To Morti: "Well, I guess we can if invited to do so..."
** (12030) Morti shrugs and nods in acceptance: **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade goes to the room where he indicates **
** (12015) Zane follows along, keeping his sword out as it is the only source of light right now.... **
(12010) DM: The door is locked. A foul odor seeps from underneath the doorjamb.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: This is not good....it smells like death.
(12010) DM: (no, it smells more like someone who hasn't washed in over a month)
** (12031) Atross follows along as well, though he holds his nose at the smell. **
(12030) Morti: *gulp* "Welll... knock first"
(12031) Atross: "And after the banquet..."
(12015) Thom: "How? Did not they all become ghosts a long time ago?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We may need to be careful with this Janette...I sense evil"
(12136) No Name (enter): 01:28
(12136) No Name (exit): 01:28
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade knocks no the door **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bonjour?"
(12015) Thom: "You have not been wrong about that yet, so let's get ready...."
(12010) DM: There is no response.
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade knocks again **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bonjour Janette?"
(12010) DM: None.
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade puts the key in the door **
(12030) Morti: "I... I guess we go in then..."
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade opens door **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade swings door open **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "there is supposed to be a door in here
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "
(12010) DM: (the door is locked Alfred)
** (12030) Morti stands to the rear, bearing his staff defensively, since he's too blind to do much else **
(12015) Thom: "Having some problems with the door?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "thom can you open this door?"
(12010) DM: (clarification: the key is to Richard's chambers, not Janette's chambers)
** (12015) Zane smirks a little and goes to the door, pulling out his tools and getting to work. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
** (12030) Morti blinks his eyes as blurry images start to form and slowly become the shapes of his comrades. "Hey I can see!" Calls out and flinches as the noise upsets his hangover. "Ooowwww... not all better though." **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [18,9] = (27)
** (12015) Thom stands up, stepping back. Well, someone is definately sleeping in there, but it's open now. **
(12015) Thom: (( unlocked, not open ))
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade calls out "Janette?" **
(12010) DM: No one answers you.
(12015) Thom: "I did hear snoring, so I guess she really is sound asleep after all....
(12010) DM: (60 minute warning. stopping at 2:30 am tonight, fyi.)
whispering to spectator, just lurking or looking to join?
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, lets be quiet so that we do not wake her"
whispering to spectator, noticed you were lurking last night as well
(12031) Atross: "It's the thought that counts I'm sure. If we succeed she'll never know you tried to wake her up."
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade looks for the door to Rhichard's chamber "coem on everyone" **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: come
(12010) DM: (so I take it you opened it?)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (yes)
(12010) TaliesinNYC: 10: This room is a large ornate bedroom. There is a four poster bed in the middle of the room with all the curtains drawn. There is a foul odor within this chamber.
(12010) DM: The odor is overwhelming.
** (12015) Zane pinches his nose closed with his free hand. **
** (12031) Atross enters the room and looks around for the door. **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We must be quick"
** (12030) Morti shift from staff to crossbow before following in after the others, to look abiout the room, gripping his mask to his face with his free hand. **
** (12015) Thom walks in as well... **
(12010) DM: There doesn't seem to be another one in the room.
(12010) DM: The snoring is coming from within the bed.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Thom, look around for a door
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not see one"
** (12015) Thom starts searching closely, figureing there must be something, somewhere. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
** (12030) Morti stares at the drawn curtains in frustrated curiousity **
(12010) DM: (snore....)
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade searches the room for this door **
(12015) Thom: Whispers, but loud enough for the others to hear. "I don't see any doors...."
** (12030) Morti raises his hands hand sets himself to seek out with his mind (detect magic toward bed and spellcraft to determine any school of magic) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Bad dice format] - [1d20+!]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "what about behind the curtains
(12031) Atross: ::Whisperfing::"This is an odd place; is there anywhere the key might go?"
** (12015) Thom starts looking for any indentions in the walls, where the key might slide in. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [6,8] = (14)
(12030) Morti: "Ha...." Lowers his arms and turns from the bed, looking through janette's drawers for a diary or such, uttering a whispered, "Forgive me madam."
(12010) DM: Thom reveals the location of two formerly secret doors. The snoring is interrupted momentarily, and then continues...(snore....)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom is there a key hole?"
(12015) Thom: "Well, i found doors, does that work?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "That might fit this key?"
(12031) Atross: "Morti, what are you looking for?"
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade approaches the door to the left and looks for a key hole" **
** (12015) Thom points to the two wodden dorrs now exposed, one in the west wall, one in the east wall. **
** (12030) Morti shakes his head joining the others by the doors. "Nothing." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "A key hole for this key"
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade puts the key in the hole and opens the door **
(12010) TaliesinNYC: 9: This seems to be a richly furnished bedroom. The bed is longer than normal. Standing next to the bed is a 8' tall creature with the shape of a human and the head of a lion. A jeweled crown rests on his head. He wears brilliant golden plate mail.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Greetings Lord Richard"
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: Announce yourselves! Intruders! (unsheathes sword)
** (12015) Thom hears the voice from the room... "Not again..." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am DaKhan Rainur Swiftblade, we are here to lift the curse on you family"
** (12030) Morti gazes up at the lion king. "Pierre are there a lot of felines in your family?" **
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: They were cursed by my grandpere for their crimes. This is not Richard's true form.
(12031) Atross: ((I heard he was lion-hearted, but...))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Please sheath your sword"
(12030) Morti: "Too bad. I'd love to be like that. So much cooler than my alterations"
** (12010) Richard d'Amberville lowers his sword, warily. "That tells me nothing. Why do you come in here unannounced, like a thief in the night?" **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are all honorable men and do not wish you any harm. Your soldiers asked us to speak with you to helkp us find the way to lift the curse"
(12030) Morti: "Cause Criaxsth said to?" :asks more than tells:
** (12015) Thom stays quiet, figuring that at least Rainur is better suited to do the talking.... **
** (12010) Richard d'Amberville relaxes a bit. "So you are the venturers who slew Rhikarn. I congratulate you, for showing him the meaning of dishonor." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We speak the truth ask Pierre in your own tongue"
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: Who is Pierre?
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: (gazes at you)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is a decendant who escaped the curse who is here with us to help free the family"
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: I do not see anyone remotely resembling one of my family.
** (12030) Morti nudges Pierre, gesturing him forward **
** (12015) Thom looks around for Pierre.... **
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville steps forward **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "You have been here a very long long time"
** (12010) Richard d'Amberville does not seem to notice Pierre... **
(12015) Thom: "Uhh Piere? Any ideas?
(12010) Pierre d'Amberville: Interesting.... (scratches head)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hm, perhaps he is unknown to them since he escaped the curse"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, the most important thing now is to lift the curse...we need your help"
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: Perhaps my brother's magicka has addled your senses. No matter. You are here and I am in need of champions of justice. Are you just and honorable men?
(12030) Morti: :shrugs: "Yes we are Master Lion."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes, I am an Ulitaari, and a servant of the War Father"
** (12010) Richard d'Amberville strokes his mane thoughtfully. **
** (12030) Morti gives a wide smile of his manipulated scarf to Richard **
** (12031) Atross remains sagely silent **
** (12015) Thom keeps looking at Pierre, then at Richard, trying to makes heads or tails of this.... **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are here to fight for good, one of which is to clear the family name"
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: Your manner is strange and your language weak, but I see you are truthful and so I accept your service. If you see servants of Catherine and Marie-Helene, then I charge you to spare them no mercy for they are responsible for the curse we now suffer. Slay them! Kill them! And may they learn the truth of Justice.
(12030) Morti: "Ahhh... question... which curse are they responsible for?"
(12015) Thom: *Whispers to Atross* "Didin't you say that Marie-Helen was the one that threw that banquet?
(12030) Morti: "You seem to be under a few of them. Hehe..."
(12031) Atross: ::Replying::"That's the name the cleaning person said."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes, they seem to be unpredictable...and have already caused us harm. what of Janette who sleeps in the other room?"
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: Those two she-bitches conspired to overthrow my brother's rule and succeeded, and for their crime, I am now in this state, doomed forever to remain a prisoner of this castle. If you are honorable souls, find them and end their lives. In the name of Justice!
** (12030) Morti pets moiraine in his pocket as he talks, letting the kitten peak up through **
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: Ah, Janette. She is harmless.
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: She likes to sleep overmuch, but if you waken her, she will prove to be a gracious hostess.
** (12015) Zane flinches a little at Richard's declaration of 'In the name of Justice.' **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "If we kill marie and catherine, then the curse ends? Is that correct my lord?
(12030) Morti: "Um... I thought Etienne was the one who cursed you guys"
(12146) jack (enter): 02:01
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "He was the one who they killed
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: What?!? You doubt my word? The word of a paladin? I, Richard, Coeur, d'Amberville, the right hand of Ximes? You dare? (draws sword)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "No, I just wanted to make sure that I heard correctly my lord"
(12030) Morti: "Eh?" :holds up his hands in pleading: "N-no no.. I was just confused."
** (12010) Richard d'Amberville takes his hand off his sword. "I see. Well, you heard correctly, worm. And now go find them and hunt them down. For great Justice!" **
(12030) Morti: "Phew.." :relaxes... then: "What's Ximes?"
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: A place in far Averoigne, my homeland.
(12030) Morti: "ooohh.. I hope you'll get back there someday."
** (12010) Richard d'Amberville paces the chamber, muttering. **
** (12030) Morti steps out of the room back into Janette's **
(12147) Elfeos (enter): 02:05
(12147) Elfeos (exit): 02:05
(12147) Elfeos (enter): 02:05
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thank you my lord...we will do our best to lift this curse from your house"
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade bows **
(12010) Richard d'Amberville: Yes yes, now go about your task and do not return until I have seen their heads!
** (12010) Richard d'Amberville waves you away **
** (12030) Morti stares at the bed, chewing his lip as he thinks things over **
** (12031) Atross turns and departs the lion-headed one's sight. **
** (12015) Thom moves away from the door, having heard enough. **
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade moves away **
** (12031) Atross tugs at the collar of his armor. **
(12031) Atross: ::Quietly::"Is it just me or was it a bit stuffy in there?"
** (12015) Thom looks back at Rainur leaving Ricard's room, making sure he closes the door. **
(12030) Morti: :whispers back: "Yeah... for a guy who yells about justice so much... what a jerk."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hm...there are many sides to every story. We need to see...he was not evil, but he was not good either...."
(12015) Thom: *whispers* The Tempest talks of justice as well.
(12015) Thom: *whispers* "I think he has been here to long and is simply insane."
(12030) Morti: "Now... shall we take our chances with the more 'gracious hostess'?" pointing to bed
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye but this is true justice or vs created justice"
(12015) Thom: "Is it? If he as insane as I think he is, he might be turned around enough that it is no longer true justice."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Well let us wake her if we can and get some more information
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Janette...please wake up...we need to speak to you"
(12015) Zane: "Since that lunatic refered to her as a gracious host, I would not trust that,
(12031) Atross: "Can she be worse to talk to than he was?
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade shakes one of the posts **
(12015) Thom: "Of course. Things can always be worse."
** (12030) Morti moves toward the bed, speaking softly, "Sorry ma'am, We'll have to pester you a bit." :Cautiously reaches out to pull the curtain to one side **
(12010) DM: As you approach the curtains, you notice that the figure within is bundled under the covers. It seems to not fit well within the bed. The snoring continues...
(12015) Thom: (( does anyone else have anything lit yet? ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, pull the covers"
(12010) DM: It's a rather large outsized human curled up underneath the covers....
** (12015) Thom avoids walking to close to the bed, not wanting to set it on fire. **
(12030) Morti: (come to think of it no... my everlasting torch went poof)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pull the cover back with your staff"
(12030) Morti: :turns to Rainur red-faced, "I can't pull off a sleeping woman's covers."
(12031) Atross: ((I could crack open a sunrod))
(12010) DM: (lol)
(12015) Thom: (( I'm fine for now, just asking if I could put my sword away.... ))
** (12030) Morti takes a gulp and reaches over to gently shake her shoulder. "Miss Janette... miss janette.. please awaken now." **
(12030) Morti: (nm... morti's torch is relit)
(12015) Thom: (( is it out where it can be used then? ))
(12030) Morti: "Wow... you must work-out a lot miss Janette." Shakes a bit harder
(12147) Elfeos (exit): 02:16
(12010) DM: The figure turns over and snores.
(12030) Morti: (still strapped to his back.. so yeah)
(12010) DM: It's a rather ugly woman, with blue-green skin and green lips. She's dressed in a nightgown that's bursting at the seams.
** (12015) Thom looks around the room, at all the flamable items. he looks at his sword and the flames disappear. he then sheathes his sword and walks closer to the rest of the group. **
(12010) DM: And she's snoring loudly.
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: Well perhaps this may not be a good idea
(12015) Thom: "You know, if you haven't woken her yet...."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us take our leave"
** (12015) Zane then sees the woman as he finally got close enough... "Yeah, let's leave...." **
(12031) Atross: "I guess she needs her beauty rest. Let her be, I suppose."
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "This too is part of the curse"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "This poor family"
** (12030) Morti blinks at her appearance, smirk a bit. Lowering his mask, he sticks one of his nine remaining fingers in his mouth, pulls it out and sticks the wet digit in the ugly woman's ear. **
(12010) Janette d'Amberville: Urp
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville blinks open an eyelid **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: One turned into a lion, one an ogre
(12031) Atross: "Ugh, Morti!"
** (12030) Morti smiles down at her with his unmasked red and gold peeling skinned face. "Good Morning, Miss Janette." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, what are you doing?"
** (12015) Zane just stares - but at Morti..... **
(12030) Morti: "Eh?" Glances up to the others. "What? it's how my big brother use to wake me up."
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville wakens and stretches, yawning. **
(12031) Atross: "And how did you feel about getting woken up like that?
(12010) DM: She belches afterwards. You swear that a tree died somewhere, sometime.
** (12030) Morti scratches his head "Annoyed... but... I kinda miss it." :unphased by the belch: "Sorry to wake you ma'am. But we could use your aid." **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "My Lady, we are here to help lift the curse that is upon your family"
** (12015) Thom gets knowcked out of his stare by the belch. Then, he just starts looking around at everyone there. **
** (12015) Thom shakes his head, trying to clear it. **
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville sits up and blinks. "My name ib Janette d'Amberville. Ug how are you? I mean 'My name is Janette d'Amberville. And how are you?" **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "A little shaken by what we have encountered in this house"
(12030) Morti: :replies just as lack lusterly: "Well... I can't of drank too much, and I feel a bit sick and achy now"
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville picks her nose and stares at you. "Forgive my mannerz but I thought that you were a dream of mine." (scratches her breasts) **
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville glances at herself, and looks horrified. "I don't know what came over me. I was asleep one moment and (belches) can't remember last night. Or was it the night before last?" **
(12030) Morti: "Nope.. we're real." :Cocks his head: "I think we are. I mean I can't be sure with what Pierre had us drink, but... yeah.. I'd say we're real"
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville grows frustrated. "Well, is there anything I can do for you?" (spits) **
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Richard is next door and we have just spoken to him"
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville curses and catches herself but lets the curse out. "Who is Richard?" **
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville farts and belches again. **
(12030) Morti: :Adds on: "The big lion-head guy next door"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "We need to know...what happened an how we must lifft this curse"
** (12010) Janette d'Amberville gets off the bed and stretches, causing the nightgown to rip. **
** (12015) Thom loos away, checking out the ceiling, bookcases, floors, anything.... **
(12015) Thom: (( *looks ))
(12010) Janette d'Amberville: I don't know too much about this stupid curse, although that human did taste good. Oh, I nub any good anyway and yub look tasteee!!!! (lunges at Rainur)
(12010) DM: (init)
(12031) Atross: [1d20] -> [7] = (7)
(12030) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [7,2] = (9)
(12031) Atross: Grrr, I keep hitting buttons...
(12031) Atross: [12] -> 12
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [10,3] = (13)
(12015) Thom: [1d20+8] -> [8,8] = (16)
(12149) Xxian (enter): 02:30
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "please reconsider your actions"
(12149) Xxian (exit): 02:30
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(12010) DM: (16, Thom)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am a lot more prickly than your last human"
(12030) Morti: "Wait... Miss Janette.. control yourself. PLease!"
(12010) Janette d'Amberville: Me nub dat! Me kill dat humie!
** (12015) Zane moves toward Rainur, drawing out his rapier, which he sets aflame before Janette. **
(12010) DM: "Janette" doesn't seem fazed.
(12010) Janette d'Amberville: Purdy stick. (smirks)
(12015) Thom: (( darn. ))
(12010) DM: (13, Rainur)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ok youm were warned!"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [11,12] = (23)
(12010) DM: (both hit)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (can I do subdual damage?)
(12010) DM: (if you want)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d10+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(12010) DM: (seriously wounded)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+6] -> [5,6] = (11)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (yes)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [16,12] = (28)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: 23 subdual
(12010) DM: (k)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Now stop this insanity!"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Find yourself!"
(12152) Belchar (enter): 02:37
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "Next time it will be for real"
(12010) DM: "Janette" chortles, "This be fun when I break yub hand" as she seizes Rainur with both hands (AC 28) and flings him across the room through the E door, which breaks down....
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [6] = (6)
(12010) DM: (take 6 falling damage)
(12010) DM: (Rainur is now in location 11)
(12010) DM: (9, Morti)
(12153) Elfeos (enter): 02:39
(12010) Janette d'Amberville: Dat hurt. Yub next (points at Atross)
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade gets up **
** (12030) Morti watches not quite sure what to do. (refocus for initiative next turn) **
(12010) DM: (9, Pierre)
(12153) Elfeos (exit): 02:41
(12030) Morti: "Pierre fall back. We don't want to hurt her."
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville purses his lips and whistles a sing-song jingle, rotating his hands above his head and extending his arms as lilac petals mysteriously appear from nowhere, causing multiple images of himself to appear. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(12010) DM: Six identical images of Pierre appear next to him.
(12010) DM: (7, Atross)
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade moves back to room 10 **
(12031) Atross: "I don't know what you did, but I won't let you just toss me around."
** (12031) Atross fires at Janette **
(12031) Atross: (Just stop shootting when it falls down)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [5,12] = (17)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12] -> [3,12] = (15)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7] -> [14,7] = (21)
(12031) Atross: (How many damages you need?)
(12010) DM: (Alf, see my comments in whisper)
(12010) DM: (2)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
(12010) DM: (you're shooting in melee btw)
(12031) Atross: (I don't particularly care, she can swing at me then.)
(12031) Atross: (+1 hit and damage if you didn't add that btw)
(12010) DM: (seriously wounded)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(12015) Thom: (( my turn again? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14),[1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7),[1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
(12010) DM: (Rainur is being attacked by something else, sec)
(12015) Thom: (( k ))
(12154) Mariadoc (enter): 02:49
(12154) Mariadoc (exit): 02:49
(12010) DM: (ok, 16 Thom)
(12010) DM: (note Alf that you head back to 10 on YOUR go, not before.)
** (12015) Thom swings at her with the flat of my blade (( subdual damage )) **
(12015) Thom: Attack: [1d20+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
(12010) DM: (miss)
(12010) DM: (13, Rainur)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: out of there
(12155) Mariadoc (enter): 02:51
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: back to 10
(12156) No Name (enter): 02:51
(12010) DM: You spy Rainur coming from the room he landed in. He's being pursued by three pale man-like transparent figures composed of thick mist. One of the figures resembles a middle aged man while the other resembles a matronly woman.
(12030) Morti: "Who are they now?!"
(12015) Thom: (( thanks Rainur, bring in more party crashers... ;) ))
(12031) Atross: "Ghosts?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: "WRAITHS!"
(12015) Thom: "What?!?"
(12031) Atross: "Damn"
(12015) Thom: (( as in, disbelief, not a question. ))
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: You heard me ....gotta get a spell ready
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: you gotta hold them off
(12155) Mariadoc (exit): 02:53
(12155) Mariadoc (enter): 02:53
(12155) Mariadoc (exit): 02:53
(12031) Atross: "We have a small problem in here still too"
(12030) Morti: "This situation is not improving."
(12015) Thom: "We're still trying to take care of this one that got woken up....:
(12010) DM: (finishing this round and then we'll stop)
(12015) Thom: (( sounds good. ))
(12156) No Name (exit): 02:54
(12010) DM: (10, Rainur. I need an action from you)
** (12018) Rainur Swiftblade raises his holy symbol **
(12030) Morti: "Would now be a good time to run?"
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: turn?
(12010) DM: (roll then)
(12010) DM: (someone teach Alf turning checks via whisper.)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6] -> [2] = (2)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6] -> [2] = (2)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (8)
(12010) DM: (turning check is 2d6+Cha+your level)
(12031) Atross: ((And max level of undead turned?))
(12010) DM: (reroll that)
(12010) DM: (max level is 12. he can turn 2 of them)
(12010) DM: (2d6 + Cha modifier + cleric level)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: [2d6+4] -> [3,2,4] = (9)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (9)
(12010) DM: (so you turn one of them)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: (ok that was fun)
(12031) Atross: ((Aha, found the table finally))
(12010) DM: (9, Morti)
(12010) DM: (please read up on this for next time. seriously. this shouldn't slow down combat.)
** (12030) Morti turns his crossbow toward janette, Muttering in advance, "Sorry ma'am" and aims low trying not to hit anything vitale **
(12030) Morti: Crossbow, light Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)===> DMG: [1d8+0] -> [8,0] = (8)
(12010) DM: (miss)
(12010) DM: (9, Pierre)
(12030) Morti: (aimed too low it seems)
(12015) Thom: (( just a little... had good power behind it though,,,,, ))
(12030) Morti: (yes... a dustmite in the corner in crying in agony)
(12015) Thom: (( hey, that worth at least 1 XP... ') ))
** (12010) Pierre d'Amberville begins singing an inspiring song to further your attacks. (It's a bar song more akin to charming the pants off of comely waitresses but this will do in a pinch.) **
(12030) Morti: (2 I'd say. They're hard to hit)
(12010) DM: (+1 to attack and damage, +2 to saves vs. charm and fear effects)
(12015) Zane: (( and we all start dancing while fighting,,, Yee haw! ))
(12010) DM: (for the duration of this combat)
(12010) DM: (7, Atross)
(12031) Atross: ((Temporary modifiers for everyone, yay))
(12031) Atross: (added my known temp mods into my rolls for now)
** (12031) Atross hopes to finish this monster before the translucent things close in. **
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+2] -> [8,12,2] = (22)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7+2] -> [20,7,2] = (29)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+2] -> [7,2,2] = (11)
(12010) DM: (2 hits)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 1 Chance to Hit: [1d20+12+2] -> [17,12,2] = (31)
(12031) Atross: (There it is)
(12031) Atross: (rolling to confirm the 20)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Attack 2 Chance to Hit: [1d20+7+2] -> [4,7,2] = (13)
(12010) DM: (ah)
(12010) DM: (drops)
(12031) Atross: (So, total of 3 hits then?)
(12010) DM: (7, the wraiths, 2 on Rainur)
(12010) DM: (yes)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+2] -> [4,2,2] = (8)
(12031) Atross: Greatbow Damage: [1d10+2+2] -> [9,2,2] = (13)
(12031) Atross: (there ya go)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20),[1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
(12010) DM: (AC 20 hit, Alf?)
(12018) Rainur Swiftblade: no
(12010) DM: (k)
(12031) Atross: (Are they incorporeal?)
(12031) Atross: (Or do they just look that way)
(12010) DM: (and we'll stop on this note. take note of initiative, hp remaining and spells used pls. log will be posted this weekend.)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms