Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
8 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: Alvinerync, CharlesAgils, JerryRuivy


Back to Damrosil Logs


Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(7226) DM: No Name is Rob (I think), he'll be lurking for now but not contributing.
(7217) Morti: Hah! I know your name now, and this gives me power over you!
(7226) DM: If you've read the log, the new PCs are at the Tempest's court or should have some reason for attending court that day. The party is just finishing or concluding their audience with the Tempest...
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: Borjad, is there a room where we could meet for a moment or two ALONE? (saying this loud enough for her to be heard before leaving the court)
** (7226) Rhian Aes Sedai glances at the Tempest for a moment **
** (7226) The Tempest waves her hand magnanimously **
** (7217) Morti , still not talking as instructed has lazied about the fringed of the party, not very sure of interacting with anyone here. Hearing Rhian's request, his gaze quickly shoots to her with a questioning expression on his mystified mask. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Your Grace"
(7226) Borjad: By all means, Lady Rhian, we shall procure one for you in a minute. Wait here. (scurries off into a side corridor.)
** (7226) The Tempest turns to face her audience, contemptuously. "Is there aught else we have for today? Speak now, or be silent." **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes I, your magnificence"
** (7226) The Tempest pops a fig into her mouth, chewing and masticating thoroughly. **
** (7217) Morti turns a sour glare to the cow on the throne before glancing curiously to Rainur. **
(7226) The Tempest: What is it? (wrinkles her nose)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: Reiner eloquently speaks to Tempest: This man Regnak is a member of my clan. He is Swiftblade and is not an evil man. He is a fervent believer of the War Father and is a brave warrior. He is not a priest this I am sure of. Perhaps his strong believes may have been misconstrued as priestly, but I assure you that he is not a priest. For our people also have strict laws about the priesthood. Not just anyone can become a priest of the War Father. It is a great honor among our people to take on the role of a Warrior Priest. It is double the training and is a long difficult road. You must be born a priest, the fourth son in a house. He is the second in his house; therefore his cast is to be a warrior and not a priest. As a member of the ruling house of our clan, I speak the truth to you that has been witnessed by all the people you see around you, your magnificence.

I appeal to your sense of justice and mercy in the name of the king and his lord Solnor, the bringer of the light, who stands behind all that is good, to release this man who stands accused today. It would be most unfortunate to execute a man innocent of the crime that he is accused of, as I know that you agree, your Radiance. Release him into my custody, and I will compel him to return to the plains where he can be in his own element and do the most good by slaying creatures of evil along our shared borders. He will leave here, never to return to your fair city.

It is your decision, your eminence, whatever you decide shall be recorded as your judgment and the news will humbly be forwarded to both my khan as well as to your liege whom I serve at this time.

(7226) The Tempest: A fine speech, sirrah. And your name is?
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: Da Khan Rainur Swiftblade, of the Ulutaari
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Knight in service to King Falconedge"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::displays knighly sigil::
(7226) The Tempest: I see, Da'khan Swiftblade. Your concerns have been noted. However, we have evidence by many townsfolk that state that your kinsman was heard preaching to one and all about the glory of your god.
(7226) The Tempest: What say you to that? Knowing that there is a law against the standing of clergy here in the city, not by my hand, but by the hand of the Chancellor before me.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are a proud people my lady, that is typical of all our warriors. We are fervent in our beliefs"
(7226) The Tempest: A law approved by the Majesty we both serve.
(7226) The Tempest: And are you fervent in your willingness to follow the law of the land?
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "They ane however not priests"
(7226) The Tempest: Are you fervent in your willingness to follow the law of the land?
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Your radience, one thing is to be a preacher and another is to love your god"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
** (7211) Thom silently enters the chamber - being sent in by the guards. The human male stands against the back wall, awaiting his moment. **
(7226) The Tempest: Answer my question, Da'khan.
(7226) The Tempest: So, if you are a follower of His Majesty's laws, then you must have no compunction against my judgment, which is the judgment of His Majesty, correct?
(7226) The Tempest: For I am but a humble servant of His Majesty, King Falconedge, as are you, Sir Knight and Da'khan.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Tis quite correct my lady, however as he is a visitor to this land, he is unfamiliar with your customs"
** (7217) Morti grips his staff angrily as she twists her words around Rainur's request **
(7226) The Tempest: The law makes no distinguishment between visitor and citizen. He violated the law, ergal, he shall pay the price for his disobedience.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "As I have seen with my own eyes, his magesty would surely make an exeption in this case."
** (7226) The Tempest smiles **
(7226) The Tempest: Are you calling me a liar?
(7226) DM: The courtiers in the room murmur.
** (7217) Morti quietly reaches into his hip pouch in discrete preparation **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ney tis not what I have said. As a member of the King's loyal ally, I request that he be remanded to my custody. He did not know the law therefore he did not know it was violated"
** (7226) The Tempest laughs, with much amusement. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur is still noticebly unshaken::
(7226) The Tempest: I will (laughing) forgive your insult and impudence, Sir Knight (laughing) this once, and I warn you (laughing but not as much as before) to tread lightly or you might be held in contempt of this court.
(7226) The Tempest: (sniff)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Many thanks, your grace"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::bows::
(7226) The Tempest: Your request is denied, Sir Knight, but fear not, I can be merciful. He shall be executed three days hence instead of on the morrow.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Many thanks for your merciful decision. "
** (7226) The Tempest laughs once more and settles back into her throne, with the self-satisfied smirk of a cat that had just snared a mouse in its paws. **
** (7226) Borjad returns to the chamber, looking flustered. "My lady Rhian, we have a room for you but the lock...it seems to be broken." **
(7226) Borjad: I do believe we have a locksmith at our services, however. (glances around)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur steps back and rejoins his party::
** (7211) Thom steps forward and bows. **
(7211) Thom: "I am here, as per your request."
(7226) Borjad: Ah! There you are. Come this way please. (to Rhian) Wait here. My apologies.
** (7217) Morti offers a sorrowfully tip of his head to Rainur **
** (7211) Thom walks over to Borjad. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur's face starts to crack and a sign of intense anger and bloodlust fills his eyes whenever he glances at the Temest::
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: tempest
(7226) Borjad: By the command vested in me as the seneschal of Her Grace, the Tempest, I command you to ensure that these gentles are not to be disturbed whilst you work on the lock of this door (indicates the door to the conference room)
** (7226) Borjad scratches his head **
** (7211) Thom gives the party a side glance, knowing that they really had to chance before the Tempest... He then turns his attention to Borjad. **
(7217) Morti: o.0
(7211) Thom: "Uh.. Of course. So, that's the lock, huh? No problem."
(7226) Borjad: Er, I mean, I command you not to disturb these gentles whilst you work on the lock of the door. (muttering) If that fool hadn't been rescued by these blithering idiots, we would have more guards in the castle.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::looks at morti::
(7226) Borjad: (loudly) Come here, my lady, Sir Swiftblade. This is the room we have procured for you. Mind the smith.
(7211) Thom: "Of course. I will be but a moment."
** (7211) Thom kneels and starts to work on the lock. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::gives Borjad a glance that is...well...is scary::
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::straightens his chan mail::
** (7226) Borjad spies Rainur's look and looks away, narrowing his eyes **
** (7217) Morti follows Rhian and Rainur into the room, head bowed and mouth shut **
** (7226) Rhian Aes Sedai whispers softly. "Pierre, j'ai besoin de vous nous suivre et cast a spell that shall prevent eavesdropping once we are within. Include the smith in the enchantment, mind you." **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [20,10] = (30)
(7217) Morti: (really don't like that guy, huh?)
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: (whispering from his invisibility) Oui, bien sûr, ma dame.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: (ok rainur is noticebly pissed
** (7226) Borjad shrinks back into the wall, cowering from Rainur's glare. **
** (7211) Thom has almost fixed the lock, and slows, glancing over his shoulder to see what is happening, curious. **
** (7226) Rhian Aes Sedai motions to you to follow her into the room. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::thom also catches the glance::
** (7226) Pierre d'Amberville chants, becoming visible and stepping back behind the door **
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: There. Pierre has cast a spell that will enable all of us to speak undisturbed for a length of time, but not too long. The walls in this place have eyes and ears. Therefore, we must be quick.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes my lady"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::his anger seems to subside withe Rhian's soothing voice::
(7217) Morti: "That's good... one moment." :CLears throat before letting out a loud angered scream: "AAAAAAaaAAAGGGHHHHAAAA!!"
(7217) Morti: :Sighs: "AH... better."
** (7226) Rhian Aes Sedai sighs **
** (7211) Thom cringes from the yell, but contiues to ignore it, working on fixing the lock. **
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: I will not be of use to you whilst I am her guest, Rainur.
(7217) Morti: "Apparently neither will Rainur be to himself"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: She has sent you on a suicide mission. I should go back to the beginning.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I know my lady...she speeaks as if she is a ilithiri"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "twisting words with such precision and evil"
** (7211) Thom finishes the lock, and stands. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "How so my ady?"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: Centuries ago, a wizard by the name of Etienne d'Amberville came to this plane from a world not like this one.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: lady
** (7211) Zane turns around, glancing over the party within the room. **
(7217) Morti: ""Eh? How different?"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: Lord d'Amberville was the patriarch to a family of wizards and ruled from a magical castle, Chateau d'Amberville.
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: Different where magic was outlawed by those who ruled, Morti.
(7217) Morti: "Ouch."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur listens intently::
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: Where if you were caught casting spells, you could be burned alive for your crimes.
(7217) Morti: "Sounds like what the Tempest is planning on now."
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: On the night he was to marry his wife, his family conspired to kill him, and slew him they did.
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: In his grief, Etienne cursed his family to forever remain trapped in the chateau, never able to leave whilst the chateau travelled through the mists of time and space for all of eternity. The curse ensnared adventurers in the hopes of ending the curse, but all who entered the chateau never lived to tell of their tales.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah... so she is sending us to a sure death sentence"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "How crafty"
(7237) Lonewolf (enter): 22:02
(7217) Morti: :to pierre: "Are you a realative to Ettienne?"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: The chateau has reappeared time and again all over Andurin and ensnared the living. Many have entered the castle and never returned. The curse is not the only thing that draws them however. There is, like much else in this world, the lure of a prophecy.
** (7226) Pierre d'Amberville nods his head, slightly. **
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Ma famille n'était pas dans le château au temps que la malédiction a entré en vigueur.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Then you are not of the living sir...is that correct?"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "What did he say?"
** (7211) Zane actually raises his head at the mention of prophecy, but quickly lowers it again, trying to look inconspicuous. **
(7217) Morti: :Nods along with Pierre then turns to Rhian: "What?"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: Oh, he's alive all right. He said, his family was not present at the time the curse took effect.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh I see"
(7217) Morti: "Well... that's lucjky at least"
(7217) Morti: "Have you ever been in the cursed house?"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: There is a prophecy that states that whomever frees the family from the curse of Etienne d'Amberville willl have their fondest wish granted and be rewarded with a Sword.
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Non
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Not just any Sword, Rainur, but one of the Twelve.
(7217) Morti: ".. fondest wish...?"
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: And you would choose the Sword. That is what the Tempest really wants. The Tempest is not a creature of the Dark One, but her presence in this city serves the Dark One's purposes by serving chaos and sowing disorder.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye that is QUITE obvious"
(7226) DM: (oops, Rhian was to have said that. lol. the log will be edited)
(7217) Morti: "Why would we want the sword? It's safer where it is it seems"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: Morti, these Swords have the power to change the world, for good or for ill.
(7217) Morti: "All the more reason for them to be locked away to keep the wrong people from having them"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: There is a legend that says whomsoever gathers all of the Twelve, or enough of the Twelve, will rule the world. End the curse, gain a Sword. Simple, eh?
(7237) Lonewolf (exit): 22:09
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: So, your task is to do as the Tempest bids, in exchange for her aid to the slaves in the yuan'ti cavern.
(7217) Morti: "That still doesn't make me want it near me"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: No...
** (7211) Thom chuckles under his breath a little **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur is stonefaced::
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "So how do we thwart her and send her back to wherever she came from?"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "And serve as a force of good in the world?"
(7226) TaliesinNYC: I need to discover that. I have the inkling of an idea, but I don't know yet all the details so whilst you work on this task, I shall do my part by discovering what I can of this "Tempest"
(7226) DM: (man, I really need to pay attention lol)
(7211) Thom: "I do not mean to interrupt, and I appologize, but please take this for what it is worth. If at all possible, leave this place and do not have any dealings with that wretched creature."
(7217) Morti: :sighs: "How long you think this D'Amberville thing'll take?"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have never been spoken to in that manner...she will pay"
(7211) Zane: "She is not worth learning about...."
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: I don't know, Morti. I don't know.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have never seen such cruelty...she will pay!"
(7217) Morti: "It has to be less than three days. Before Regnek..."
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: So (to Thom), how long have you been listening in on us?
(7217) Morti: :glances to Thom:
(7211) Zane: "Well, as long as I have been here I guess. I did not mean to listen in, I just couldn't help it."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: He is a thief, should I slay hjim now?"
** (7211) Thom glares at Rainur, hard **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: him
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: Rainur, the thieves in the city are our friends.
(7217) Morti: "No." :To Rainur, then to Thom: "You know anything about her?"
(7211) Thom: "Speak not of things you do not know." he hisses at the big man.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is a strange place!"
** (7211) Thom glares at Rainur a bit, then turns to Morti. **
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: And strange times demand strange allies.
(7211) Thom: "I only know rumors. However, in this city rumors are very important...."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays...forgive me. Where I am from, I have ordered the execution of many thieves"
(7217) Morti: :Ignoring Rainur: "Do tell. I love stories"
(7211) Zane: "That is understandable, but am I to take it that simply because i can fix a lock I am a theif in your narrow view?
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Again, my apologies"
** (7211) Thom relaxes a bit. **
(7211) Thom: "Yes, I do to. Whenever I have to deal with this castle, and that creature in there, I get a little tense..."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::mutters under his breath:: "she definately got the better of me"
(7211) Thom: (( *I appologize too ))
(7211) Thom: "You are not the first, nor the last to have been treated thus by her.
(7217) Morti: :Leans in, a rapt expression on his shifting scarf mask: "Do you know what she is? She's not human, is she?"
(7217) Morti: "I'm guessing demon."
(7211) Zane: ::Turns back to Morti:: "I know very few stories, but I know that she is not what many of the folk see her to be. The average person here worships the Tempest - believing that she is doing 'good'.
(7217) Morti: "Wouldn't that make her a cleric though, and by her own edict, outlawed?"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "We need to get Regnak broken out of there and sent to Tolmara to my cousin who will protect him"
(7211) Thom: "As far as I, and others, know - she is indeed a human. Yes, she does seem to act as a cleric - but there are too many theories on that matter."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Please do tell"
(7211) Thom: "Regnak? He is the barbar... uh, large man that is to be executed soon, correct?"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes he is my subject"
(7217) Morti: "Do you know where he's held?"
(7211) Thom: "As far as the Tempest - she uses magic for sure. But whether it is God granted, or learned magic is the biggest question... As far as your friend - unfortunately, I do not know."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur looks sad::
(7217) Morti: "Well... do you know where prisoners to be executed are usually kept?"
(7211) Thom: "There are some common holding places for those that are to... have their influences removed from society, but I do not know for sure if he is there."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "His blood will be on my hands for he commited no crime"
** (7211) Zane studies Rainur for a moment, and then looks over at Morti.... **
(7217) Morti: :nods to Thoma and asks of Pierre: "How far is it to the chateau?"
whispering to Atross, you're there too you know
(7211) Zane: "Wait - are you all not part of a group that was involved in a massive bar fight a little while ago?
whispering to Atross, feel free to say something
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(7217) Morti: "We were?"
** (7211) Zane smiles, and chuckles. **
(7211) Thom: "That little stunt made for quite some stories... but I digress."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "People around here have seemed to have very little manners so they were ...corrected"
(7211) Zane: "There is a chance that your friend is in the castle dungeons... although if he is the man I believe - he was also in that fight and I do not know if they would not have put him somewhere special, somewhere stronger...
** (7226) Pierre d'Amberville looks at Rhian **
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: You can tell them, Pierre.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::smiles and looks at Pierre::
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: (haltingly) Not too far at all. (in a thick foreign accent)
(7217) Morti: :Looks to Piere
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Mes pardons, mais je ne peux pas parler votre langue very good.
(7217) Morti: "It doesn't sound 'very good.' "
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do your best, my firend"
(7211) Thom: "So, you all intend to take on this prophecy and enter the amber castle, huh?
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Not....far. It appears on certain nights....at the full of the sapphire moon. (haltingly)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "That sounds magical...it does not give me any comfort"
(7217) Morti: :to Thom: "Unless you have a better idea"
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Oui, bien sur.
(7217) Morti: "Question. If we choose the favor... what happens to the sword?"
(7226) DM: ((ooc: microwave, brb))
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "So if we go in, and if we come out, who knows where and when we will exit...correct?"
(7211) Zane: ::laughs:: "Like I said - I suggest leaving this town and the Tempest if possible... But, it doesn't sound like that is a possibility in your case..."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "If I live, I will return with a battalion of warriors and shamans and will take her by force for the murder of Regnak"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "She will face the justice of Clan Swiftblade"
(7211) Thom: ::to Rainur:: "I doubt it would be easy even in that case..."
(7221) Atross: "If it helps, how long has this curse lasted? An eternity of drifting sounds like too long to me. Securing aid for the people we rescued comes with our success regardless. It's reason enough for me if we have no other way."
(7221) Atross: (First to Pierre, third to Morti, fourth to all, if I'm unclear)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom, ye have not seen the power of our Shamans. They are the most powerful of the Ulutaari"
(7211) Zane: ::Looks over the entire group, with a very serious look:: How serious are you all about taking out the Tempest?
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have seen them look at an advisary and turn them to dust!"
(7217) Morti: "deadly serious." :uncharacteristically stern:
** (7211) Zane looks at the others **
(7221) Atross: "Is there any chance she'll change her ways if someone doesn't? No, we're quite serious."
** (7211) Thom looks at Rainur in particular. **
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: For....two or three centuries.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "If the king knew what really went on here, he would personally see to its repair"
(7217) Morti: "Yeah.. I wish we could get in contact with him."
(7221) Atross: :To Pierre: "If any of the original culprits are even alive, that's plenty of time to think about what they did."
(7211) Thom: "I did not ask about some far away King. I live here - and have to deal with the Tempest everyday. If you are all serious about seeing her removed from her stolen seat of power, then I might be able to help you with your friend."
(7217) Morti: "Really? That'd be great!"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::trying to control himself:: "King Falconedge is your king. He and my family have an alliance for over 150 years"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: with Wylund
(7211) Zane: "I mean no disrespect to him, and espically not to you or your family, but imagine living under her rule. Day in and day out, with no sign of it ever stopping..."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will do all in power to remove her...now let's get to the task at hand..to help Pierre's family"
(7217) Morti: "I know the feeling." :Morti gives a shiver: "I promise we won't let her keep her rule"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rhian, what do we do now to get ready for this place?"
(7211) Thom: "Very well. I have stayed here to long already. My reputation should have had me out of here a while ago."
(7217) Morti: "Shall we meet you later then?"
(7211) Zane: "I believe you are serious, so I will talk to some friends and see what we can do about your friend. The promise of people triving to remove the Tempest will go to great lengths to get their help."
(7211) Zane: "Yes. Don't you all need to resupply before you leave?"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: I recommend that you gain allies who you will rely on during your sojourn into the castle. And look for help from unexpected quarters.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Pierre, will you come with us?"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: And there is the matter of someone near and dear to you.
** (7226) Pierre d'Amberville nods. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays?"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: (to Morti, winking.)
(7211) Thom: (( Rainur, was that to me? ))
(7217) Morti: :Raises a brow at Rhian curiously:
(7211) Zane: "Well, if you do decide that you need to resupply, and I suggest that you do... *smirks* I will be in a tavern called Greygallows later on."
** (7226) Rhian Aes Sedai turns to Pierre, nodding at him. "Once you are within the chateau, I have a feeling that you will be able to speak more freely. Pierre, end the spell." **
(7217) Morti: "Greygallows. Gotcha"
** (7226) Pierre d'Amberville ends the enchantment. **
** (7221) Atross nods. **
** (7211) Zane glances at rainur, and nods to him, letting him know that he will do what he can to help Regnak. He then turns and ;eaves the room. **
(7211) Thom: (( *leaves ))
** (7226) Borjad opens the door a moment after. "If everything is all right, my lords and lady, I shall escort you out except for Lady Rhian who is our guest." **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom here, this may help"
(7226) DM: (Borjad does this AFTER Thom leaves)
** (7217) Morti glances to Rhian, seeing if this condition is really alright **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Count this as encouragement"
** (7211) Zane nods to Rainur and then leaves, for real this time **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rhian, may you always be safe"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come on, everone, I need a good strong one"
(7226) Rhian Aes Sedai: My thanks, Rainur. We will see each other again, you and I. Let's not keep the Tempest waiting, shall we?
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I would not be so disrespectful" ::smiles::
** (7226) Rhian Aes Sedai nods to Borjad, who narrows his eyes at Rainur, as she leaves the room **
** (7221) Atross follows the others from the room. **
(7226) Borjad: The guards will see you out, Da'khan. (turns to leave, then stops, saying over his shoulder) And we are watching.
** (7226) Borjad leaves, not waiting for a response. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, it is good to keep your eyes open"
** (7217) Morti follows out of the room, returning to silence mode **
(7226) DM: Outside, in the throne room, the Tempest signs a writ with a flourish of a pen.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur leaves::
** (7226) The Tempest glances up at the party then returns to her work. "Mount their heads on the wall so that all may know what it means to defy our laws." **
(7226) The Tempest: (to a courtier)
(7263) Lightfaith (enter): 22:57
(7263) Lightfaith (exit): 22:58
** (7226) Fharas touches his brow, saying "By your will and leave, Your Grace, so shall it be." **
(7226) DM: (ok, moving forward, what now?)
** (7217) Morti grimaces at her words, follow after Rainur, chewing his tongue **
(7217) Morti: (just to let ya know, I gotta leave early tonight, about twenty minutes or so)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: (bar)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: (the place Thom suggested)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: (Is that ok with everyone?)
(7221) Atross: (Greygallows is fine)
(7217) Morti: (hai hai)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: (We go to Greygallows)
(7211) Zane: (( and as soon as I am done with my business, I will be there as well... not sure if I am waiting for them or not... Stan? ))
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "barkeep, a round for my compatriots"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: brb
(7275) DM McB (enter): 23:05
(7275) DM McB (exit): 23:05
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: back
(7226) barkeep: You're back.
** (7211) Zane enters Greygallows, and motions to the barkeep for a drink. He then catches Rainur's eye and nods to a table in the back. **
(7226) barkeep: Certainly, lord. Just don't burn down our tavern please.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will mind my manners "
(7217) Morti: "Cider for me please."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::hands the barkeep 5 crowns:: "Whatever they want to drink...this should cover it"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "And some food would be good"
** (7217) Morti glances to Thom, gives a nod and stands to follow over **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::gets up and follows Thom::
** (7211) Thom soon gets an ale and heads to the back table. **
** (7221) Atross meanders over to Thom's indicated table **
(7226) DM: (Pierre is not with you, having gone to his manor in the High City)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur jockeys over to a seat facing the door::
(7217) Morti: :sitting dowm: "So... any good news from your friends?"'
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::looks for the barkeep:: "Ale..a tall mug"
(7211) Zane: ::Galnces around, trying to see how many ears might be listening:: "Indeed. He will find some unexpected aid."
(7211) Zane: (( *Glances ))
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let's hope he is smart enough to know to get out of here"
(7211) Thom: "Yes. I passed on the place you mentioned, and they will do what they can."
(7217) Morti: :The pleats of his scarf stretch into a wide smile:
(7226) DM: The tavern is half empty at this time (mid afternoon). Three traders, a couple of farmers and a half-elf scattered all over the room.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur keeps watch over everthing that is going on in the tavern::
(7226) DM: By the looks of him, the half-elf appears to be a washerman, having his midday meal.
(7217) Morti: "Thank you for your help Thom, Sir."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye thank ye"
(7211) Thom: "I was just a messanger in this case. However, I do have a small request, if I may."
(7217) Morti: (btw... we were expecting a witness from the citadel to arrive, weren't we?)
(7217) Morti: "Sure. What would you like?"
(7221) Atross: "Certainly."
(7211) Zane: "To go with you to the Amber Castle."
** (7211) Thom looks around, berating himself for slipping and saying the name... **
(7226) DM: (it takes a while for that to happen, Morti)
** (7217) Morti scratches hi head idly, cocking it aside as he listens to Thom's request. Not thinking too deeply into it. "Sure, that'd be great. We could use the help" **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye may not live...are you comfortable with that...it may be dangerous, can ye handle a sword?"
(7211) Thom: "I can indeed handle myself. As far as not living..." :He looks at Rainur with a sparkle in his eye:: "what is the point in living if one does not make life interesting?"
(7221) Atross: "You're welcome to go with us to there. May I ask you why you decided to though?"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur burst out in laughter:: "Ays that is a good answer"
(7211) Thom: "I have reason to believe that someone I am looking for might be there, trapped inside. it is a long shot that they are there, but it is worth the risk."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Where is my drink barkeep?"
(7221) Atross: "This person must be very important."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I must ask since I have certain beliefs...will ye fight for the cause of good Thom?"
(7211) Thom: "Yes, to me at least..." :He looks down for a moment before taking a long drink of his ale.::
(7211) Thom: "I will, and do, fight against evil - like the Tempest. Is that enough for you?"
(7217) Morti: "Sounds good to me."
(7226) DM: (assume you have it Alfred)
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well that will suffice"
(7211) Zane: "I am indeed glad. So, when do we depart? I need to run to my place and gather some items, but I can be ready in a very short while."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "We must stop and gather Pierre and then we can leave"
(7221) Atross: "There are some supplies to get as well. I'd rather bring more arrows than I have left."
(7217) Morti: "I'd like to run and get some travelling food too. and I need to pick up a few.... sparse items"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, I will stay here and drink and eat until your return"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have all I need"
(7211) Zane: "Very well. I will return soon. Let us be quick about this..."
(7217) Morti: "Understood. I'll be quick as I can."
(7226) DM: (I'm not going to RP gathering supplies unless you want to)
(7217) Morti: (no need to)
** (7211) Thom stands, finishes his ale and leaves the tavern. he swings by the bar on his way out and puases at the barkeep for a sec before leaving. **
(7221) Atross: (NP, no need)
(7211) Thom: (( cool - I guess I'll return then... ))
(7221) Atross: (Gets arrows)
** (7217) Morti goes out to buy a few days worth of rations and picks up some odd bits of spell components before arriving back at the greygallows, enjoying a meal as he studies his books Scribbling notes as he eats **
** (7211) Thom reenters the tavern, his cloak looking a little more bulky. The sheath of a sword pokes out from under his cloak. He disregards the bar this time and returns to the table, sitting with his back against the wall. (( if possible )) **
** (7221) Atross returns from purchasing 60 extra arrows, now bearing a second quiver. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Atross, going hunting are you?"
(7217) Morti: :Grins to Thom: "Nice cloak"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Good to see you all....Let us go to Pierre's adode and leave this place"
** (7211) Thom smiles and nods. **
(7221) Atross: "I don't know what to expect when we go in, I don't want to go understocked. I'd prefer to have too many."
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::smiles::
(7211) Zane: (( so... we head off then? ))
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thom, you do know where Pierre said that he lived, correct?"
(7226) DM: You head off to the d'Amberville manor.
** (7217) Morti reaches under his mask with the last bit of pork from his meal, popping it in his mouth before packing away his books to leave **
(7211) Zane: (( apparently I do.... ))
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ((lol))
(7226) DM: The manor grounds seem to be deserted when you arrive there, but a single light beckons in the entryway to the hall.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur knocks on the door::
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hello?"
(7226) Andre: L'accueil, les amis, à notre maison. (as he opens the door)
** (7217) Morti strolls up behind the others, Moiraine resting on his backpack and shoulder **
** (7226) Andre notes your puzzled expressions and says "Welcome, friends, to our home." **
(7217) Morti: "Oh... Hello." :Offers a slight bow, being careful of the cat on his back:
(7226) Andre: You must be the adventurers the master spoke of. If you will make your way to the salon, he will meet you there shortly.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah yes many thanks"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::looks around::
** (7211) Thom follows the others' lead. **
(7221) Atross: "Thank you." *Follows*
(7226) DM: The manor shows that Pierre must be a man of some means. Lavishly decorated and with taste, it reminds you of the trappings of the Castle on the Mount, but without the touches of the Tempest.
(7217) Morti: "What's a salon?"
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well Thom I must say you do look prepared...for something" ::chuckles::
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Welcome, friends. (as you enter the salon)
(7211) Thom: "In this city, there is much to be prepared for..."
(7217) Morti: :Follows in, looking about the room:
(7226) DM: You note that he does not seem to have difficulty speaking.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Thank you for your hospitality"
(7217) Morti: :Brow arches at Pierre's lacking accident and asks: "Do you have a twin?"
** (7226) Pierre d'Amberville reclines on a sofa, as you saw him prior to ascending the Mount earlier today. On a table in front of him are four goblets, filled with an amber liquid. A fifth goblet is in Pierre's hand. **
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Take one, sit, and drink.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, many thanks"
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: (to Morti) An enchantment of mine, placed in this house, that enables me to speak any language fluently.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur takes a goblet::
** (7211) Zane looks at the others, but then follows suit. **
** (7217) Morti takes his seat and glass, sniffing at the liquid curiously, "That sounds like a helpful spell. Think you could teach it to me sometime?" **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "So, Master Pierre, when should we depart?"
(7221) Atross: "Yes, it sounds useful indeed."
(7288) nameless (enter): 23:44
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: There are many ways to enter Le Chateaux d'Amberville. Some require physical effort, such as travelling from place to place. Others, require trust in magicka. This potion will put you into a deep sleep, whilst I cast a spell that will transport you there. When you waken, you will be in the entryway of the chateau.
(7288) nameless (exit): 23:45
** (7211) Thom looks at Pierre with wide eyes. **
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: You will physically be in the chateau. So therefore, before you drink, make sure you have all you wish to bring with you. Once you drink, you cannot return.
(7211) Thom: "It's just that simple?"
** (7221) Atross peers at the drink carefully. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur concentrates
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::looks at Pierre::
(7226) DM: It's a deep amber colored liquid, tawny gold, and sparkles with minute lights in its depths. It smells of apples, baked in cinnamon and glazed with honey.
** (7217) Morti eyes the liquid thoughtfully rolling the glass side to side in his inspections. With a sudden nod, he agrees. "Okay, I trust you." **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays...that is very curious"
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Non, mon ami, but for me and those of my family, returning to our home is very simple but not something we desire.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, ye would be forever trapped"
** (7211) Zane stares at the drink... **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is that not the curse?"
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Ays. I have long dreaded this day, and I pray to the gods that you succeed.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "By the Power of the War Father we will do our best"
(7211) Thom: "So, if we succeed - the prophesy says that we will be free?"
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: If you succeed, you will fulfill two prophecies.
** (7211) Thom looks intently at Pierre. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays...ours and yours"
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: You will end the curse of my grandpere, Etienne, and you will gain a Sword.
(7221) Atross: "I am as prepared as I can be physically."
(7211) Zane: "And what of other adventurers in your chateu? If they live, will they too be free?
(7217) Morti: "So.... cheers then?" :holds out his glass:
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: I do not know who is now within.
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: You must be very, exceedingly careful while within its walls. My family can be....unpredictable.
(7211) Thom: "Well - here's to prophesies then..." ::He raises his glass next to Morti's.
(7217) Morti: "Unpredicatalbe; eating apple pie for supper... or unpredicatable; randomly firing blasts of magical energy at people?"
(7221) Atross: "So they may not all be happy to have visitors?"
(7211) Zane: "Do you really want to know?
(7226) Pierre d'Amberville: Both.
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well Pierre, shall we do this?"
(7217) Morti: "Oh..."
** (7226) Pierre d'Amberville drinks deeply. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: ::/me drinks his liquid
** (7214) Rainur Swiftblade drinks his liquid **
(7221) Atross: "Bottoms up."
(7217) Morti: "Time to sign the deal." :Lifts his mask revealing his red fleshed chin to sip back the liquid
** (7221) Atross drinks down his amber drink. **
** (7211) Zane takes a deep breath and mutters something, then drinks. **
(7214) Rainur Swiftblade: (the party drinks the potions)
(7226) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms