Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
9 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
8 Guests
Registered Users: Brianbob


Back to Damrosil Logs


(4490) Morti (enter): 19:03
(4482) Atross (enter): 19:03
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 19:03
(4521) TaliesinNYC (enter): 19:03
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (4524) TaliesinNYC...
(4524) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(4521) TaliesinNYC' from room...
(4521) TaliesinNYC (exit): 19:03
(4524) DM: see a map above?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: it will load
(4482) Atross: (fetching currently)
(4490) Morti: (I did and now it's gone. It shall return)
(4524) DM: k, well when it does load, room 9 is the hydra room. room 10 is the passage you used to sneak through.
(4490) Morti: (and there it is)
(4490) Morti: (and there's another)
(4482) Atross: (Just loaded, then loaded a different one)
(4482) Atross: (and back again)
(4490) Morti: (I have the guardian level with the anaconda chamber at the moment)
(4490) Morti: (oh wait.. changed again... there's the right one)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Well here we are..."
(4482) Atross: (Examining the wall outside 10) "And the door was over here...somewhere."
(4490) Morti: "Hmmm... you think we could draw it into the room to the south through the double doors?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "It was chianed was it not?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: chained
(4524) DM: (yes)
(4490) Morti: "Yep.... to that end of the room. So... what if we could get that door open from the other side, draw it through and then shut the door behind it? Hopeful it would be stuck there on the other side, tethered by it's chain."
(4482) Atross: "Someone would be rather close to it to handle the door though."
(4490) Morti: (is that physically possible with it's position and length of chain? or am I just rambling?)
(4482) Atross: "And we'd have to close the door on the chain."
(4490) Morti: "Not necessarily. I can have my servant do it.... maybe"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: I do not think that is such a good idea morti.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti...can ye put up a wall of wind?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: to shield us from the fire?
(4490) Morti: :stares dumbly at Rainur: "............................... no."
(4524) DM: (its possible lol)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Well I have seen other mages do that
(4482) Atross: (I'm sure it's spacially possible, just not sure it's survivably possible.)
(4490) Morti: "I'm not other mages." o.0
(4490) Morti: (how was the door set up? What kind of lock? did it open inward or out?)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I was not here for that session...how much room does the hydra take up?
(4482) Atross: "Although I can see a plan forming. one person wait outside the double doors, the others go around to the side door."
(4482) Atross: "Open the double doors and run, next the others come from behind to close and bar it. Pretty risky for both parties."
(4490) Morti: :to Atross: "Exactly. We can draw him out of the room from a distance. after all, he can only reach so far even with his fire. then we sneak behind and shut the door."
(4490) Morti: (real question is would there be enough of a gap t fit the chain?)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, 90% of room 9. :) had rather little clearance space for physical attacks, and it scorched you rather much. (I was sparing, despite what David thinks. lol)
(4490) Morti: (and can the door be 0pened from room 12?)
(4524) DM: (the double doors? you never got a chance to find out. the secret doors open inward (from room 9))
(4524) DM: (you never went into room 12.)
(4482) Atross: "Hmm, was that door barred? Anyone remember?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Can't ye just shoot it with yer arrows?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Ye can't miss! We can take cover behind the door
(4490) Morti: "What do you think arrows are gonna do to that thing?"
(4490) Morti: "It's huge!"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Enough will kill it
(4482) Atross: "I expect they would do what they eventually do to anything
(4490) Morti: "I don't have that many"
(4482) Atross: "I only have 39 though."
** (4490) Morti stalks off toward room 12 to check things out **
(4524) DM: (Ok, I assume you're in the passage in room 10? It's remarkably quiet.)
(4524) DM: (guess not then)
(4482) Atross: (Are we? I was going to get to that)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, get back here"
** (4490) Morti stops and looks back to Rainur. "Hai?" **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Stay with the group"
** (4482) Atross uncurbs his instinct to go listen at the side door. **
** (4482) Atross quietly sneaks up to door and listens. **
(4482) Atross: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+6] -> [2,6] = (8)
(4482) Atross: Move Silently Skill Check: [1d20+5-2] -> [16,5,-2] = (19) (includes Armor Penalty of -2)
(4482) Atross: (Nothing hears you; you hear nothing.)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur listens as well::
(4482) Atross: (nothing bites your head off, you are dead, huh?)
(4524) DM: (I roll Listen checks)
(4524) TaliesinNYC: Rainur, I need a node from you with your PC
(4482) Atross: (I thought I heard you, but I must have failed my check, sorry sorry, just throwing my modifier out there, yeah, that's it)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade has sent you a tree node...
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): get it?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, thanks
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you hear nothing
(4524) DM: (ok...now what?)
(4490) Morti: :whispers to Rainur: "Is it sleeping?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am going to open this door...I think it may be sleeping"
(4482) Atross: (Right, I listen at the door, and?)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Atross are ye still injured?
(4482) Atross: "Yeah."
(4482) Atross: "I figured I'd walk it off or something..."
(4531) Morfedel (enter): 19:35
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: We cannot have ye going into possible battle in that condition
(4490) Morti: "Who wants to battle? we're sneaking remember?"
(4482) Atross: "Should not, probably. Cannot, certainly not. Don't want to, I agree. Do you have something for lacerations and bites?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: War Father...send this warrior some healing
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
whispering to Atross, you heard nothing...
(4482) Atross: "Maybe they took it with them?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: The war father has restored some of your health...praise be to he
(4482) Atross: "I am thankful. I feel a bit better."
(4490) Morti: "Soooo.... are we opening the door?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Shield this young mage from the fires of this beast ::looks at Morti::
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): entropic shield on morti
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, k
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, describe it
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::a shimmering white light forms around morti that eminates from the war priest's hands
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: it fees cool
(4482) Atross: "Just one last question. Run or sneak?"
(4490) Morti: "Eh? Eh?" :looks over the white glow which envelopes him: "Um... thanks"
(4490) Morti: "Sneak first. Run if that fails."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ;;rainur opens the door::
(4524) DM: All is silent...
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): door from 10 to 9
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: (is the beast asleep?)
(4524) DM: Yes it is...and blocking your path to the passage leading out.
(4524) DM: It's chain has been severed.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): can we do a coup de gras since it is sleeping?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, (you can try...)
** (4490) Morti gives a weary groan at the sight, and whispers to Rainur, "That's a bad thing" **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, it has more than one head remember
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): was planning on stabbing it through the side and into the heart
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, its actually quite large for you to do that
** (4482) Atross whispers, "So they didn't forget about it, but they didn't take it with them either." **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::gently closes the door::
** (4490) Morti looks south to the doors (the open in or out? what bars them? how long is the chain length still attached to the hydra?) **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: the hydra is now unchained
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: it must have broken them the last time
(4524) DM: (the doors are open. unknown. at least 30'.)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): huge or gargantuan
(4490) Morti: (the chain links, how wide are the holes in them? say wide enough to fit an iron spike or a bar through them?)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, huge
(4524) DM: (possibly a spike)
(4524) DM: (that's 30' per head. 5 heads.)
(4525) GM-Bubba (enter): 19:50
(4525) GM-Bubba: Going back into the real world.....
(4525) GM-Bubba (exit): 19:50
(4490) Morti: "Hmmm.... can we take a look in the southern room? I might have an idea"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Ays"
(4482) Atross: "Okay."
** (4490) Morti heads for room 12 to look around **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::the group heads to room 12::
(4524) TaliesinNYC: The interior of this chamber consists of a series of pillars, each carved to appear as writhing snakes entwined with the forms of screaming humanoids being torn limb from limb. The pillars each end in a cobra spread with its hood, the hoods back to back as supports for the ceiling.

In the middle of the room is a well constructed of jade. The interior glows with a dim crimson glow. The odor of burnt flesh stains the air.

(4537) GM-Bubba (enter): 19:53
(4537) GM-Bubba (exit): 19:53
(4537) GM-Bubba (enter): 19:53
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Well, this is interesting"
(4537) GM-Bubba: Going back into the real world.....
(4537) GM-Bubba (exit): 19:54
(4524) DM: Drenla stands near the well. Upon entering the room, he gazes directly at Morti and points down into the well, wordlessly.
(4524) DM: Moments later, his image vanishes.
(4531) Morfedel: Disconnecting from server...
(4531) Morfedel (exit): 19:54
** (4482) Atross looks like around the room quickly **
** (4490) Morti covers his nose as he walks in. At the sight of his mentor he goes wide-eyed and almost cries out to him before recalling the hydra in the next room. As Drenla dispears, Morti offers a weak wave goodbye and makes his way over to the well to see what his mentor was pointing out **
(4524) DM: At the bottom of the well is large crystal sphere, glowing with a dull crimson light.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::whispering:: "What is it morti?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps it controls the beasty"
** (4490) Morti leans on the well staring down at the shere within. With a shrug he whispers back, "Some red glowy crystal thing." **
(4524) DM: Runes are engraved alongside the top of the well.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: (can rainur make them out?)
(4490) Morti: (arcana check to decide what the runes and crystal might be about)
(4490) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [11,13] = (24)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, To command the servant of the god, you must offer a worthy gift or a worthy life.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Ah we must give something to command the beast
whispering to Morti, the orb is a device which allows its wielder to control the guardian that sleeps in room 9. in order to wield the device, you must tithe a gift to the god of the yuan-ti
(4490) Morti: "They kept is changed to a wall. did they really have control?"
whispering to Morti, the depth of control is measured by the gift that is offered
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: it is worth a shot
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: We have gems that are at least the same size as the one in there
** (4490) Morti scratches his head as he studies the well. Curiously he asks, "What kind of gifts do a yuan-ti god like?" **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: they are a greedy lot
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: gems are good I believe
(4490) Morti: "Really?"
(4482) Atross: (Did I miss something? My last message seems to not have gone through)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::pulls out a ruby from his bag::
** (4482) Atross goes to the well to examine what they're gawking at. **
(4482) Atross: "What's this now?"
(4490) Morti: (last message I saw from you was that you looked around the room)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Give an offering, control the beast...seems simple
(4490) Morti: "Hmmm.... looks around the decor at the images of humans being ravage"
(4482) Atross: "What gives you that idea?"
(4490) Morti: (everything after "hmmm..." should have been an action)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "The runes upon the well"
** (4490) Morti pulls his dagger from it's sheath and stares at the blade a moment, thinking **
(4482) Atross: "Ah, what do they say exactly?"
(4547) Mwack (enter): 20:07
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: sacrifice a life or something worthy and control the god's servant...I guess that is scaly out there
(4547) Mwack (exit): 20:07
** (4490) Morti places one hand down on the well and mutters with a trembling voice, "Well... here I go" **
(4482) Atross: "A life?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: it is an evil god
(4549) Funy Skywalker (enter): 20:08
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "ok morti" ::puts ruby back in bag::
(4482) Atross: "I'd rather try to fight my way out. What could be something worthy I wonder"
** (4490) Morti brings down his dagger and swiftly cuts off his pinky finger, letting the severed digit fall into the well upon the orb as his blood dribbles. "AAAcckkkgghhh..." **
(4549) Funy Skywalker (exit): 20:09
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: What the hell are you doing morty?
(4524) DM: The sphere flares as crimson light fills the well and the chamber. A deep, rumbling voice speaks..
(4490) Morti: (the extreme approach)
(4482) Atross: (Way too extreme, i would have tried a cut first, sheesh)
(4490) Morti: (heck, be happy, I was gonna give the whole hand)
(4524) Voice of the Sphere: What is your command, servant of Ssith'tarn? You have but to name your wish and I shall do thy bidding!
(4490) Morti: "Make that Hydra guard dog follow my orders from now on"
** (4490) Morti speaks with uncharacteristic conviction as his blood still flows. **
(4524) Voice of the Sphere: 'Tis done. Thy bidding shall be followed by the beast for as long as thou dost remain in the temple of the god.
(4490) Morti: "Whenever I'm here? or until I leave?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "give me your hand!"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::angrily at morti::
** (4490) Morti keeps his hand from the war priest as he waits for the sphere's answer **
(4524) Voice of the Sphere: Until thou dost leave the precincts of the god, for though Ssith'tarn is a master generous unto his servants, so must thou continually prove thy devotion! Something, his erstwhile servants did not do.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ;;pulls out his healer's kit::
(4490) Morti: "Understood. Thank you."
(4524) Voice of the Sphere: Is there aught else thou dost wish of me? Two wishes art thou granted, and two must be used else the gift is in vain.
(4490) Morti: "Hmmm...."
(4490) Morti: "Can you create clothing and food for several hundred humans?"
(4524) Voice of the Sphere: Thou need only name the quantity and thy will shall be done!
(4490) Morti: (there were like 350 right?)
(4524) DM: (yup)
(4482) Atross: (Just say 400 or 500, why bother with precision?)
(4490) Morti: "Hmmm... lets say for 400.. better to have more than less."
(4524) Voice of the Sphere: So it is, and so shall it be!
(4524) DM: The crystal flares once more, and then goes dark.
(4490) Morti: "Thank you once more." :bows to the well and steps back:
(4482) Atross: "That was amazingly pragmatic and foolish of you."
(4490) Morti: (the supplies appear?)
(4555) Dachnaz (enter): 20:22
** (4490) Morti looks up to Atross with a grin to his mask. The grin slowly fades though as the situation starts to the sink in, and the aching pain of his severed finger forces him to grab his left hand in a soothing squeeze as he cries, "Ow.. ow... ow.... Why'd I do that?! AUoauww,,, it hurts. It hurts!" **
(4555) Dachnaz: Disconnecting from server...
(4555) Dachnaz (exit): 20:23
(4524) DM: (no they don't...to you that is)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, give me your hand ! foolish child"
** (4490) Morti sniffles, holding back his tears and biting his lip as he holds his gloved hand out to Rainur **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "
(4490) Morti: (brb)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::takes off morti's glove::
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is going to sting...a LOT"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "By the grace of the war father....what posessed you to chop off your finger BOY!
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::pours a solution that coagulates the blood and seals his newly earned finger stump::
(4490) Morti: "Well... it worked didn't it!?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are absolutely crazy...how are ye going to cast yer spells now?"
(4490) Morti: :snifff sniff: "And at least I'm right handed"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::pours some more stinging soluti
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: on:
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::If Drenla were here, he would have some choice words for you"
(4490) Morti: :hiss: "Ahahahahahaha..." :twitches and fidgets under the stinging torment:
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::the solution bubbles and a white crust forms around the stump...it throbs relentlessly::
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye must think morti...self preservation is important"
(4490) Morti: :biting his lips, he kicks at the floor as the solution sets in. Exasperrated he groans: "Is it done yet?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::pulls out a bandage from his kit and wraps his stump::
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "No it is not done...ye will have pain for at least two weeks!, if yer hand does not become infected!"
(4490) Morti: "One finger in exchange for three hundred and fifty lives. Seems like a nice trade."
(4490) Morti: :grimaces at the news of expected pain.: "I'll deal with it"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye did not save their lives"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Now tell that beast to let us pass so we can get out of this stinking hole!"
(4490) Morti: "Maybe not. But... it's a little late to put my finger back now. And at least they won't be hungry anywmore."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::puts his healing pack away::
(4490) Morti: "Hai!" :stands up and takes a look at his bandaged, oddly gold skinned hand, minus one digit. Then he heads for the open door to 9.:
(4482) Atross: "You know you could have asked for your finger back though. I'm proud of you and alarmed at the same time"
(4524) DM: It's awake now, and licking its lips....all 5 of them.
** (4490) Morti clears his throat and calls out to the hydra. "Hey you.. wake up!" **
(4524) DM: Two of the heads snort a flame jet in response.
** (4490) Morti flinches at the flame burst, but resolves himself to act strong. "Guardian, you will follow my orders!" mumbles under his breath, "...It hope" **
(4490) Morti: (I hope even*)
(4524) DM: All five of the heads seem amused by Morti's retort, but it gets up from its slumber and stands, listening.
(4524) DM: The chains clank in unison.
** (4490) Morti 's scarfed face faults in nervousness, and he order's testingly, "Hop up and down... please.." **
(4524) DM: It stands there with a sinister amused expression on its face, and moves out of the way of the passage.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Have it let us pass unharmed and stand guard for any snake men. It should eat any who want to pass
(4524) DM: Three of its heads coil around to get a better look at Rainur. One yawns wide, showing off its maw.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: snake men that is"
(4490) Morti: :whispers: "We can't just leave it sitting here. I lose control when we leave, and then he's gonna be waiting here for us again."
(4490) Morti: "We have to put him some place less.... volatile"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let the wizards deal with it... we have to get out of here Morti..."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am not convinced that it is under your power though"
(4482) Atross: *whispers* "I don't suppose it could be sent far away from here?"
(4490) Morti: :shrugs and asks the hydra: "I don't suppose you can talk, huh?"
(4524) DM: All five heads roar in response.
(4482) Atross: *Whispering still* "We could just go get the freed slaves and all leave now maybe."
whispering to Morti, you understand it strangely enough. "A silly question, human."
** (4490) Morti jumps back in surprise of the roaring. "Oh.. right... speak... hehe" **
(4490) Morti: "Cool... Um.... do you really have to follow my orders?" :asks the hydra:
(4524) DM: It roars again.
whispering to Morti, "You are my master for as long as you remain within the confines of this place. I am bound to you because of your gift to the god."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: What is going on Morti, I grow impatient!"
(4490) Morti: :nods and continues: "Do you follow the god? or are you a prisoner here to?"
whispering to Morti, "If you like, I can kill the fat one. He smells of blood and fury."
(4490) Morti: :barks suddenly: "No killing!"
whispering to Morti, "I am a servant of glorious Ssith'tarn, may he return from the depths to conquer the surface world!"
(4490) Morti: :to Rainur: "I'm talking to him... or her...?."
whispering to Morti, "It is what I do, human. It is what I am. I kill, I eat, I hunger. You cannot change my nature."
(4524) DM: It roars in response.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "War Father...give me patience!"
(4490) Morti: "No, but I can tell you what to do." :sticks out his tongue teasingly:
whispering to Morti, "And so you can...for now."
(4482) Atross: "I find counting helps."
** (4490) Morti scratches his head thoughtfully. **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti, remember that we must make hast"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: haste
(4490) Morti: :to rainur: "I know. I know."
(4482) Atross: "Haste has been his problem before. We need a lasting solution."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays..I know"
(4490) Morti: :to the hydra: "Listen... we're going to be coming back here with mages and other folks to get the slaves out of here. After all, your yuan-ti friends all left. Anway.. I really don't want them to have to kill you. So... could we make a deal?"
whispering to Morti, "You do NOT understand. I serve the master of the temple for as long as the temple has a master. Should you leave this place, I am free and unbound. And then there shall be a reckoning."
(4490) Morti: "Eh? What kind of reckoning?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh brother...now the fool is making a deal with a hydra."
whispering to Morti, "What else do you wish of me, human?"
whispering to Morti, it laughs in response to your query
(4490) Morti: (what are the chances of getting him to crawl through that orb with the hall and shaft of light?)
(4524) DM: (it probably can't fit)
(4524) DM: (so not much)
(4490) Morti: (fit through the orb or to the orb?)
(4524) DM: (its a huge sized beast, so it has to fit through human sized passages)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "COME ON MORTI!"
(4482) Atross: "How about we check if the food and clothes are around and take everyone with us now, while you can command the Hydra?"
(4490) Morti: Hmm... would you mind moving into that room? " :points to the south:
(4524) DM: The creature moves reluctantly into the chamber of the well.
(4490) Morti: :To atross: "Do you think they're healthy enough to make the trip?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "No I do not"
(4482) Atross: "Rhiane said it was only a day to the city.
(4490) Morti: "It's only a ten hour trek"
** (4524) Rhian Aes Sedai watches silently. **
(4490) Morti: "Rhian, what do you think?"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: I think what you did was a brave and foolish thing. Characteristic of you. (sighs) What do you propose?
(4482) Atross: "I was on the verge of death before... Trayn... um."
(4490) Morti: "Do you think the slaves could make the trip to Highkeep with the food and clothes of the yuan-ti god?"
(4482) Atross: "Disappeared. I think the problem is supplies more than survival, and if we have food and clothing now, a single day trip should be no worse than waiting here."
(4482) Atross: "I just don't know if we should march into Highkeep with all of them."
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: A better question is, can we ensure that none die on the way? What if wild beasts should come unto us?
(4490) Morti: "What kind of dumb wild beast is going to attack a caravan of three hundred plus people?"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Oh, I could think of several. Ogres? Trolls? Trollocs? Orcs?
(4490) Morti (whispering): hmm... I wonder if we could rip the shpere in the well out strap it to the hydra's back and technically take the temple with us
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: And of course, brigands and their ilk. And you have the elements to contend with.
(4482) Atross: "We'll have to protect them. For that matter thoguh, what more lurks deeper in those caves?"
whispering to Morti, lol
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: A good point.
(4567) Adam500 (enter): 21:02
(4567) Adam500: (Mwack you in here?)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Iam the leader of this group and I agree with Rhian. The people will stay here"
(4490) Morti: "Right. Maybe I should remain here with ol' ten eyes and keep watch of the slaves?"
(4567) Adam500 (exit): 21:03
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Remember, for as long as you are here, you are the master of that creature. I would suggest that you set about crafting a solution that guarantees some sort of permanence.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: In the meantime, I could restore your finger...but I shall not. I think it would do you good to think before you acted, so this shall serve as a reminder, if nothing else.
(4490) Morti (whispering): brainstorm: I can share spells with Moiraine... can I also share control?
whispering to Morti, nope
(4490) Morti (whispering): ah well... there goes that Idea
** (4490) Morti checks the southern door, asking the hydra, "Are you strong enough to break this door?" **
whispering to Morti, "Would you like to see me try?"
(4490) Morti: (how is it barred? and can the chain fit under it?)
(4524) DM: (unbarred. no.)
(4490) Morti: "Not really."
(4490) Morti: (I mean bars it normally...)
(4490) Morti: (Is there a lock, a cross beam? anything?)
(4524) DM: (lock yes)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: How is that thing going to get out of here...It is trapped in here just look at it. It is huge!"
(4490) Morti: :to Rainur: "But we still have to come through here later"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: What do youm mean WE?
(4490) Morti: "When we come back for the slaves, we have to come through here."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: We will have others who will slay the damn thing
(4490) Morti: "I don't wanna slay him though."
(4490) Morti: :asks the hydra: "Is there anyplace you'd be willing to stay quietly for a few days while we get the slaves out, and then after that you can continue to guard your god's abode until his uprising?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Look... we are spending too much time here and we need to get out of here
whispering to Morti, "Willing? I serve the master or mistress of the temple, whomever that is, for as long as the temple has a master or a mistress."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: If you do not want to slay it fine...bring it a flower on your return...as for the rest of us, if it attacks us it will die...simple"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: now lets do what we are here to do "
(4524) DM: It snorts a flame jet in Rainur's direction, scorching the doors.
(4490) Morti: "Fine then. I'm staying here. I'll be waiting for your return, along with new friend puffy here."
whispering to Morti, "I require food however."
whispering to Morti, "Preferably humans."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Now look here young man, you are part of this group and you are to do as the group does, staying here is not an option"
(4524) DM: All of its heads smile after roaring at Morti.
(4490) Morti: :turns a curious eye to the hydra: "Don't look at me, I'm barely human as it is anymore. and you aren't eating any of these humans."
(4524) DM: It roars in response, all five of its heads snapping forwards. "You will die for your impudence, human, upon your return! Or perhaps I shall begin with those soft ones when you leave!"
(4577) GM-Bubba (enter): 21:16
(4577) GM-Bubba (exit): 21:17
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is that a threat serpent?"
(4490) Morti: "You aren't eating anyone. Until I leave you follow my orders. And I'm not leaving until every last survivor is out of here." :drops to a cross-legged seat on the floor. to the others: "You guys get going. We'll be here when you get back"
(4524) DM: The hydra shimmers briefly and changes...to the form of Verstis.
(4490) Morti: (eh?)
** (4524) Verstis sneers. "Thank you for helping me slay the corrupter of this temple. You have my gratitude and the gratitude of the god." **
(4490) Morti: "Eh?" :cocks his head at the transformation: "I didn't know hydra's could do that.."
(4524) Verstis: As for you, human, I am not limited to my true form. And your slaves shall be food for my belly.
(4482) Atross: "I did not expect that. I don't know what I expected honestly."
(4490) Morti: "Um.... yer... wel..come..."
** (4524) Verstis stands there and his jaw drops open **
(4490) Morti: "But you do still have to take my orders, right?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rhian, perhaps it is wise for us to take the innocents out now rather than leave them here"
(4524) Verstis: Yes...by the command of the god...I must.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: I'm leaving. I'm not staying a minute longer. Make your decision, Rainur.
(4490) Morti: "Phew... "
(4482) Atross: "Well, I was under the impression we were dealing with an animal level intelligence creature. I suppose we could kill you after all if you prefer to be stubborn."
(4490) Morti: "I order you to pass through the same portal as the yuan-ti then"
** (4524) Rhian Aes Sedai turns and walks out the passage. "I am not beholden to the laws of this Kingdom, and it's clear that Morti has made his decision. So Morti, you will need to live with the consequences of your actions." **
(4490) Morti: "It's that orb thing, right?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Wait please do not leave"
** (4524) Rhian Aes Sedai walks out of room 9 and up the passage. **
(4490) Morti: (he's human size now, he can do that)
** (4524) Verstis smiles **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, if it is your wish to stay here then stay...we are going to do what we decided to do in the first place...goodbye morti"
(4524) Verstis: I still win. And thank you for releasing me from this prison.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ;;rainur follows rhian::
(4490) Morti: (arcana check for backlash results of smashing and interdimensional orb)
(4490) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+13] -> [9,13] = (22)
whispering to Morti, probably high and unwise
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come on Atross"
(4490) Morti: "Wait...." :calls to Verstis"
** (4524) Verstis turns and leaves the chamber, heading down. **
(4482) Atross: "Just a moment longer."
(4524) Verstis: What is it now?
(4482) Atross: "If I may suggest, don't come back, and don't bother us again."
(4490) Morti: :follows after Verstis and adds: "and I order you to destroy the other end of the portal after you go through"
(4524) Verstis: (glares impatiently)
(4524) Verstis: I can't.
(4490) Morti: "Why not?"
(4524) Verstis: Because it's impossible.
(4482) Atross: "Ok, I'm through with this thing."
(4490) Morti: "Then... destroy this end"
(4524) Verstis: Then I am trapped here. (glares)
(4490) Morti: :bites his lip in thought:
(4524) Verstis: Either release me, stay here, or leave. It's not difficult.
(4490) Morti: "One way or another that portal is closing and you're staying out ofd the rescuers' way"
(4524) Verstis: Then you destroy the portal.
(4524) Verstis: I am forbidden to destroy that which is the god's.
(4490) Morti: "Hmmm.... okay.... what happens if I do break the orb though?"
(4524) Verstis: The god, or Fate, will punish you.
(4490) Morti: "That don't sound good." :grimaces: "You aren't coming back through that portal anytime soon, are you?"
(4490) Morti: "I mean your temple is 'soiled' and all, right?"
(4524) Verstis: Once I leave this place, I am unbound and free, and I keep my own counsel.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): stan I am totally lost here...I am letting luanc play out his game
(4490) Morti: "...but you'll keep eating humans."
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, lol, its not difficult
(4524) Verstis: I told you, it is my nature, it is what I am. You cannot change what I am.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): he turned this whole scenario upside down and I don't know what to do
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, so don't
(4490) Morti: "You could think of changing your diet though. Every have beets? they're good. red too"
(4524) DM: (I need to know where you're going to run with this Lunauc)
(4524) DM: (you're running in circles and its bogging things down)
(4490) Morti: (I probably gonna send him through the portal. Rambling is just IC)
** (4482) Atross tells Rainur, "That hydra was more evil than I thought. He might as well order him dead now. I doubt he'll do that though." **
(4524) DM: (sorry to step in, but I think I made enough hints, thanks)
** (4524) Verstis waits impatiently **
(4490) Morti: "Ok... I send you through the portal then. PLease do not return anytime soon. and no eating the survivors."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): finally an action! YAY!
(4524) Verstis: Very well, so let it be. (turns and runs down the corridor leading to the anaconda chamber)
(4490) Morti: :grimaces: "Was that the right decision...?"
(4524) DM: (only Atross is there)
(4524) DM: (Rhian and Rainur both left)
(4482) Atross: (Sorry, I'm not a good judge of character, I never considered that it was a different Hydra)
** (4490) Morti sighs as he heads up after the others. **
(4490) Morti: (sorry for the RP hold up, fast forward?)
** (4482) Atross experiences a moment of confusion as he feels like he's in two places at once. Runs up to catch up with Rainur **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rhian, since Je'rar is not here, I will protect ye for this time"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: ...the reason I said you'd have to trust me is because we're returning to a place that's not welcoming to either you or I.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "I know and agree"
(4524) DM: (Atross and Morti aren't there. this is as Rhian is walking up with Rainur)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "The hydra Vestris took away my focus my lady"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: It was an imprisoned creature, Rainur. When the temple became corrupted, it sought for a way out but could not because of the spell placed upon it by the former mistress of the temple, Yith'sehta.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, I see that now"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: That entire test was for Morti (or someone) to free it. But he did so in a way I did not expect. Such is the nature of fools in this world. A fool in a child's body.
(4490) Morti: (why thank you ^_^ )
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "I often feel that his loose lips and foolishness may lead us to our deaths someday, but he does have the potential to be great...it is his choice"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: You must be careful with the Tempest, Rainur. I am unsure as to her true identity or her true nature, but she is as crafty and clever as an ilythi'iri cleric of Lolth.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::smiles:: perhaps you are correct in your comparison"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Beyond every word is a lie; beyond her smile is a wall of spears. She is untrustworthy and malicious. How she became ruler of Highkeep is a mystery to me. She is not, as far as I know, an associate of The Dark One.
(4588) Sin (enter): 21:48
(4589) Nevere (enter): 21:48
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: I am afraid that I must leave you soon after our audience with the Tempest. The White Tower has need of my report and I must leave after this matter is resolved.
(4588) Sin: Raise high monolithic statues so fragile as they fall
I am ever enthralled

(4588) Sin (exit): 21:49
(4589) Nevere: hi
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, sorry, game in progress
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, sorry, game in progress
whispering to Nevere, sorry, game in progress
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, mt
(4589) Nevere (whispering): can i just watch
whispering to Nevere, k
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: I know I have the ability to command an army, or battle the fierces foe, but I need to learn the delicate nature of this intrigue"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: I shall tell all I know if you wish
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "They do say that to know thine enemy is half of the battle"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Soon after the invasion thirty years ago, she appeared in Highkeep as a councillor on the Chancellor's circle of advisors.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Over time, she grew in stature until she was the voice of the Chancellor and then, eventually, the behind the scenes ruler of Highkeep. Now, she is THE ruler, and acts in the name of the King.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Her laws are corruptions of the laws of the Kingdom. Slavery is allowed but only in whispers. The guards are enspelled, by what I do not know.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "ah"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Her laws are no laws save in the blackest of hearts. "Thou wilt tithe half of thy wealth to the Kingdom, or thou wilt have no wealth.", "Thou wilt obey thy elders, or thou wilt face their wrath.","If thou dost lose thy honor, thou wilt take thy life.","Thou shalt enforce the Kingdom's laws, or thou shalt be put to death.","Thou shalt believe in Solnor, or thou wilt die a pagan."
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Why do you think she banned all of the priests from the city?
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: And now, she has started to do the same to the wizards.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "ah"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: She wants no one powerful enought to challange her
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: It is the rule of the Tempest, Rainur, not the rule of the Kingdom. Or perhaps, to those who follow her and server her, it is all one and the same.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: Well what does the magister intend to do?
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: "Thou shalt live by the sword, or thou shalt fall upon thine own." (shakes her head)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: A good question.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is beyond the scope of a mere warrior priest, a ranger and a fool"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: The Magister is unaware of the nature of her treachery, as far as I know. None know of her treachery. All who see Highkeep see it as a city embroiled in the treachery of its thieves, who are the only people free of the Tempest's influence this far.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Then they are to be our allies"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: corect?
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: ....ays, so it is.
(4524) DM: (Atross and Morti reach you by now)
** (4490) Morti jogs to catch up, holding his wounded hand and wearing a frown on his scarfed visage **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am glad to know you lady rhian..."
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Our first task will be to make contact with the Silent Network, and then, learn all we can of the Tempest. Surely those who have fought her over the years might know of a weakness.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: (stops herself short)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is it?"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: I mean, your first task, Rainur. I shall not be here to guide you.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "You mean after our audience"
(4482) Atross: "Sorry about that, I needed to think about something."
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: There are many paths open to you, Rainur. There are those in fulfillment of the prophecy of Andurin-ith'en. And there are those in fulfillment of the dilemma before you. And there are those in fulfillment of your and Morti's destinies'. Not all are intertwined, so choose and act carefully. Although I leave soon, I shall return, as will Je'rar.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: (turns to Atross and Morti)
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: I hope you two have come to your senses. We have a day's journey ahead of us. When we enter Highkeep, I will require that you watch your tongue. Especially you, Morti.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: Those slaves' lives depend on your tongue not escaping from your teeth.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::shoots morti a very wicked look::
(4490) Morti: "I... I'll do my best." :hangs his head:
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: (softer) You are a good soul, child, but you need to think before you act.
(4490) Morti: "I'll try." :nods:
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: And as for you, Atross...
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: You are not empowered in the name of this Kingdom, and so, you are more free than either Rainur, Morti or I, to act. They will depend on you to act as their eyes and ears. It might help if you associated yourself with the...lowly elements of the city's underworld.
(4490) Morti: "Ooo... you mean thieves right? Can I go too? I've always wanted to see a thieves guild. My brothers and me use to pretend to be thieves as kids. Yeesh... did we get punished bad for that."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us get out of here..I will welcome the cold...remember to watch that trapped step on the way out"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai: (sighs and turns to Rainur)
(4482) Atross: "That's true, I've done my service to the kingdom. This is about doing what I want now."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::puts
his hands up in the air::
(4482) Atross:
"Personally I welcome the open air more."
(4482) Atross:
"And hopefully clear sky."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I hate to break it to you, but as long you are in this company, ye are in service to Falconedge"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"And this kingdom"
(4482) Atross:
"And as long as I'm here, it's because that's what I want to do."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"It is understood"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(weather?)
(4524) DM:
(heheheh)
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade keeps his eyes and ears open for any potential ambush **
(4524) DM:
You're in the entrance cave to the dungeon below you. It's bitterly cold.
(4524) DM:
It's about noontime, by your reckoning.
(4524) DM:
As you peer out of the cave, you see that you're in the midst of a blizzard.
(4490) Morti:
(I hope the horses are nearby.)
(4589) Nevere (whispering):
where arethey now?
(4524) DM:
The horses aren't there.
(4482) Atross:
"I suppose you're going to tell me you knew it was this bad?"
whispering to Nevere, 7 miles NE of Highkeep
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(horse remnants?)
** (4490) Morti picks up Moiraine before leaving. (left her near the entrance somewhere with some jerky if I remember right) **
(4524) DM:
(saddles and bridles, yes)
(4524) DM:
(yep)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(chewed up? or just stolen)
(4524) DM:
(chewed up)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"well something ate our horses"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ask moraine what she saw"
(4524) DM:
It's snowing like mad.
(4490) Morti:
"Moiraine, you see anything?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I'd like to know what ate our horses"
(4490) Morti:
(doubt she would have since I didn't leave her outside though...)
(4604) Dachnaz (enter): 22:21
(4604) Dachnaz (exit): 22:21
(4490) Morti:
"I dunno. bears?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(cats are curious, perhaps she peered out and saw the massacre)
(4524) DM:
(OOC: early December according to the game calendar)
whispering to Morti, mrr.....trolls
whispering to Morti, they're gone now. I hid in the cave. don't think they smelled me.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Perhaps the storm willl slow down if we wait for a short spell"
(4490) Morti:
"Moiraine says trolls did it"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Great...more trolls"
(4490) Morti:
"Eh?" glances out into the driving snow: "How long a spell are you thinking?"
(4482) Atross:
"Trolls and a blizzard, wonderful."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering):
what would we roll to tell if the weather will turn?
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Now you know why I said that leading the slaves out to Tolmara would be a bad idea.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ays"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, wilderness lore
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
::Rainur looks at the sky::
(4482) Atross:
"How was I to know it would be the middle of a blizzard and not the middle of a calm?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade: ::smells
the air::
(4490) Morti:
"Well..." :cinches his woolen coat: "Better the healthy brave the cold then."
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, knowledge nature also works
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
::looks at the size of the snowflakes
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering):
23
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, about one day
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ah nuts, this storm is going to last probably for another day
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering):
when does Rainur think that it will be passable?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you could try after the storm breaks or you could wait for one additional day
(4490) Morti:
"Right then... guess we're walking through the storm."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering):
so the storm will break in one day?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"It is not wise to pass in a storm this strong Morti"
whispering to Nevere, the question is, are you looking for a game?
(4482) Atross:
"Can we wait it out?"
(4490) Morti:
"Since when do I co anything wise?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"If the snow begins to fall at a slower rate then we can try, but for right now, it will be at least a day"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
The wind and the cold are the dangers as well as any evil that is hungry"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"If you think we must leave now Rhian, we can forge through it, but I suggest we wait a bit"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Very well, then.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Here, have some elven wine. it will keep you warm my lady"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"After today, we all need a drink"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Rainur sits down to rest and keeps his eye on the weather and pets moraine::
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(can we fast forward to a break in the storm?)
(4524) DM:
(yep)
(4490) Morti:
"If we're gonna wait out the weather, can we wait it out inside? where it's warmer?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ok everyone lets go it looks like it is falling lighter now"
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade leads the group into the snow "Atross, take the rear" **
(4482) Atross:
"Finally."
(4482) Atross:
"Right, take point, Rainur."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ays"
(4490) Morti (whispering):
how long does it take the for the weather to lacken? Do I have time to scribe a couple first level scrolls?)
(4524) DM:
Eventually you make it to Highkeep, after an entire day of marching and trudging through the snow. There is an execution taking place in front of the city gates.
whispering to Morti, a day
whispering to Morti, yes
** (4490) Morti gathers up his belongingss and looks back and forth. I guess I'll take the middle then.... **
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade goes to see who is being executed **
(4482) Atross:
"Let me guess, the King's messenger is behind on his taxes, or stole something, or said the wrong thing in front of the Tempest."
** (4482) Atross goes up to see who the victim is. **
(4490) Morti (whispering):
in that case I'll make four scrolls, unseen servant, web, comprehend languages and silent image
(4524) The Tempest:
...and for crimes against the City of Highkeep, specifically that of the second law, I judge you guilty as charged. The penalty for this is not death (smiles sinisterly), but that your hands and your legs shall be plucked out, so that you shall forever remain in life a beggar. As you desired the gold of all as a thief, so shall you remain in want of gold as a beggar. Guards!"
(4524) DM:
It's Bulghvus.
(4611) Ozymandias (enter): 22:42
(4611) Ozymandias (exit): 22:42
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Now Rhian?"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Wait, Rainur. (places her hand on his arm)
** (4524) Bulghvus screams "NOOO!!!!!!! You can't do this to me!!!!" **
** (4490) Morti glances to Rhian for a moment and then steps to the front of the audience. **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Be silent Morti"
(4524) The Tempest:
(glances in irritation) "Oh, and cut out his tongue too. I grow tired of his whining." (turns on her heel to leave)
(4524) DM:
A contingent of guards step up to form a wall around her as townsfolk and guardsmen bow as she passes by. Bulghvus is screaming for dear life as a troop of warriors hold him to the frozen ground, impassively.
** (4490) Morti watches the tempest leave, hoping she'll take off before the guards 'commence' **
(4524) DM:
The Tempest leaves the scene, reentering the city as those onlookers scurry along, going about their business. A few hang about, watching the impending execution.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(whispering to Rainur) "Now, Rainur. But be careful at what you say. Spare his life if you must, but do not tip our hand."
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade whispers to Rhian "Can I stop this madness?" **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"My lords, what has this man done?"
(4524) Bulghvus:
"NOOOOO!!!!! By the Silver City, please please please, don't do this to me!!!!"
(4490) Morti: :once
the tempest is out of sight, calls up to the guards: "Won't getting his blood on you be a problem?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Quiet Morti!"
(4490) Morti:
"He was recently in the lair of the Yuan-ti snake men and may be corrupted by their foulness.... I think...I don't know much about that."
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade approaches the guards **
(4524) Guard:
Who are you that prevents us from carrying out our duty to the Tempest and the King?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
I am a warrior in service to this kingdom
(4490) Morti:
"Eh?" :Cocks his head: "Mortimar Boyle, Magus of the Diamond Citadel"
(4524) DM:
Four guards hold Bulghvus spread-eagled, as a hooded executioner steadily approaches, bearing a jagged axe..
(4524) Guard:
And I'm a peacock with azure feathers on display!
** (4482) Atross hangs quietly in the background. **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I ask again what has this man done to deserve this fate in the kingdom of Wylund"
(4490) Morti:
"Really? You don't look it"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(sighs as she hears Morti exclaim)
(4524) Guard:
He has offended the people and the Tempest by being a habitual thief. (with disdain)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"how so?"
** (4490) Morti steps up on to the stage casually, "What did he steal?" **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Last time I recall, I is King Flaconedge that makes the laws in this kingdom is it not?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(falconedge)
(4524) Borjad:
Money, jewels, whatever it is that thieves steal. You there, hurry it up so we can go eat! (to the executioner)
(4524) Borjad:
Oh, him? I suppose. We just enforce the Tempest's laws.
(4490) Morti:
"So... you don't know what he stole... but you're guessing he's a thief?"
(4524) Guard:
He's a thief because the Tempest said he was. Now let us be so we can do the work of the Kingdom! (turns towards Bulghvus who's screaming for dear life)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I must insist as a warrior of the realm that ye detail his crimes or let him go ::displays badge::
(4524) Borjad:
(glances at the badge and holds up a hand at the executioner)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ye are outside the city walls therefore I ask you again what crime has he committed"
(4524) DM:
The guards look up as Borjad does so, surprised. Bulghvus is still screaming, although less forcefully.
(4490) Morti (whispering):
it's been a day, so... Have I been a ble to refresh my spells? ....asked too late...)
(4524) DM:
Onlookers glance towards Rainur.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(mutters)
whispering to Morti, yes you could have done so
(4524) Borjad:
Well...this one has a long list of crimes against him, far too many to name. Most involve theft and larceny.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"May I suggest that he be banished from Highkeep into the bitter cold rather than an execution?"
(4524) Borjad:
And he's a traitor to the Kingdom. Used to be a guard once, didn't you, worm?
(4490) Morti (whispering):
Prepped Spells: Read Magic, Resistance x2, Daze, Unseen servant, silent image, grease, magic missile, Web, Summon Swarm
(4524) Bulghvus:
"YES! I was! But please, you can't do this to me!"
(4490) Morti:
"And now he works for us.. personal emmissaries of the crown. that's a step up, right?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Well that is my suggestion, I do not wish to see this man tortured"
(4589) Nevere (whispering):
yeah i am looking for a game sry i was away
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"QUIET MIORTI!"
(4524) Borjad:
See? According to the Tempest's laws, if you lose your honor, you must die. But let it not be said she has no mercy. In her mercifulness, she has spared his life. (smiles blandly)
(4524) Bulghvus:
Oh please, please please, oh gods...
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Well show some more mercy and banish him into the cold, never to return"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Let the gods decide his fate"
(4524) Borjad:
And you are....? So I might know who I am speaking to, sirrah.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"who I am is not important...that I hold this badge is"
(4618) Sauro (enter): 22:59
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I am a servant of the king
(4618) Sauro (exit): 22:59
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
as we all are
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Right?
** (4524) Borjad kicks Bulghvus in the ribs. "That's more mercy than he deserves. But since you are in the service of His Majesty, we accede to your demand. I shall have your name though, so the Tempest may know who has dared to bend her will." **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"She will know in due time."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Her will is of the king's correct?
(4524) Borjad:
Correct. (sullenly)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"then there is nothing left to discuss my good men"
** (4524) Guard glances down, nodding. **
(4524) DM:
The other guards do the same, and let Bulghvus go. The executioner bows.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"May you both have a good day and consider yourselves honorable"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(oops there are three)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
all
** (4524) Borjad stands up and commands the other guards to do the same. **
(4524) Borjad:
Enjoy your stay in Highkeep, Sir Knight. May your stay be long and fruitful. (bows perfunctorily)
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade claps hands "All right there is nothing left here to see go about your business" **
(4524) DM:
People walk away, with surprised looks on their faces. A few men glance over, taking long looks at Rainur and Morti, before continuing on.
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade whispers to Bulgvus "make your way to Fenwick and stay there" **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Do not come back here"
** (4524) Borjad walks back to his battalion, watching you intently as he does so. **
** (4490) Morti waves goodbye to the guards in an oddly cheerful manner, with his four fingered, bloody gloved hand as they walk away. **
** (4524) Bulghvus stands up and opens his mouth to speak but thinks better of it. His eyes acknowledge Rainur in recognition. **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"get a message to the silent network...we need to meet"
(4524) Bulghvus:
Thank...thank you Sir Knight....my pardons. (gets up and clutches a rib)
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade states "The king has spared you pain now be off and never return here!" **
(4524) Bulghvus:
(whispers) Thank you once again for saving my life. I am in your debt. This will not be forgotten, Rainur.
** (4524) Borjad mutters and whispers in the ear of one of the guards, a tall, reed-thin half-star elf with a thin white scar running down the length of his left cheek. **
(4524) Borjad:
The guard nods once and peers intently at Morti, Atross and Rhian, then turns away.
(4524) DM:
(strike that lol)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
::to the rest of the group "lets make ourselves scarce"
** (4524) Bulghvus makes his way down the road away from Highkeep **
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade whispers to rhian "I had to do that I could not just stand there and see an man die, especially one that I know" **
** (4490) Morti watches Bulghvus leave silently and nods to Rainur **
(4524) DM:
The guards disperse back into their posts, and elsewhere in the city.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
It's up to you, Rainur. We can either make our case to the Tempest now, or act against her in another fashion. Where we go from here is up to you. (turns to Atross and Morti)
(4490) Morti:
"Well.. the plan was to go before her with the magister's witness. so let's do that."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"We must save those back in the cave so I would just like to get it over with and work from there"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I wish to follow your initial idea"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Does that suit the both of you?"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Well then, you have no Fate but the Fate you are given. (sighs)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"My fate forces mw to meet my advisary face forward"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
me
(4589) Nevere (whispering):
where are you from in nyc i am from the bronx
whispering to Nevere, Manhattan
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Rhian, I am grateful to you"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
...and to Drenla, Rainur. Thanks must be given to Drenla.
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade leads the way to the Tempest's abode **
(4490) Morti:
"Hai."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Aye and to Drenla
(4524) DM:
The Chancellor's castle in the center of the plateau for which Highkeep is named.
(4482) Atross:
/me glances around for guards then moves a bit closer to quietly ask, "I'm not officially an emmisary of the King, so shall I find somewhere to await your word?"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"But that is always understood, for he is my soul brother"
(4482) Atross:
(How did I say /me?)
(4524) DM:
At the foot of the gilded stairs which run up the perimeter of the plateau, you encounter a guardpost that bars your way.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"I will let ye speak my lady"
(4482) Atross:
(oh, got a in my text, oops)
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Ays, if you wish it, Atross. The Cleave and the Axe is one such place you might meet us at. In the Copper District.
(4490) Morti: :whispers
back to Atross: "Don't worry, I don't technically think I am either"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"morti, look official"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Its notable for some...of the lower elements of Highkeep's townsfolk.
(4490) Morti:
"Eh?" cocks his weird little scarfed head:
(4482) Atross:
"Good luck."
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"remember, you do not speak"
** (4482) Atross wanders off towards the Copper District and eventually The Cleave and the Axe. **
** (4490) Morti nods rather than answer and waves Atross goodbye with his good hand, while he stows the wounded one in his coat pocket **
(4524) DM:
Mais vous devez me laisser en haut. ..I est Pierre d'Amberville et je suis un émissaire de Sa Majesté !
(4524) DM:
(whoops)
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
Mais vous devez me laisser en haut. ..I est Pierre d'Amberville et je suis un émissaire de Sa Majesté !
(4490) Morti:
(accidental french?)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
ROFL
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Je suis Pierre
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
?
(4524) DM:
You can see a gaudily dressed fop with a golden yellow hat topped with an ostrich feather arguing in heated tones with a harried looking guard at the guard post. The fop has a strange accent.
(4490) Morti: :Is
about to ask what he just said be remembers he can't talk:
(4524) DM:
He's dressed in an ermine lined topaz and amber colored cloak, embroidered leather breeches and tunic and golden stitched leather boots.
(4524) DM:
A cutlass is by his side and he gestures in the air as he speaks.
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
Si vous ne me laissez pas en haut cet instant, je devrai vous défier à un duel d'honneur !
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade bows **
(4482) Atross:
(I know enough english and spanish to say, he is on a mission from the king, let him pass or fight an honorable duel? I think)
** (4524) Pierre d'Amberville glances with irritation and his demeanor changes instantly upon recognizing Rhian, as he bows graciously. **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(yes)
(4524) DM:
(very good lol)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Guard, why is this man so angry?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"
(4490) Morti:
(oh? Strange. I translated it to "you will feed me turkey sausages and whipped cream or I will climb down from my rubber cow and beat you with my pet chicken)
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
Ah, me pardonner, la madame, mais je n'ai pas vu que vous ou entend vous approche.
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade looks at him puzzled **
(4524) Guard:
I don't know, sirrah, he approached me and claimed he was on a mission from His Majesty. I saw nothing to verify his claim so I barred him from ascending these stairs. None may pass to see the Tempest unless invited by her command.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering):
elven
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering):
do you speak elven?
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Vayna quall liglth r'hal?
** (4524) Rhian Aes Sedai smiles gently and says to Pierre, "its quite all right, my friend. It'll be sorted out soon enough." **
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
A little. (to Rainur)
** (4490) Morti taps Rhian on the shoulder and points to Pierre then to our group, and gives a curious shrug, wordlessly asking if he's with us **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(in elven) Don't speak French....
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Ah, forgive me. Friends, this is Pierre d'Amberville, of the family D'Amberville. Pierre, these are my friends, Rainur Swiftblade and his squire, Mortimar Boyle.
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade bows "Ever is thy sight a joy" (elven greeting) **
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(to the guard) I am Rhian, Aes Sedai, of the White Tower of Nith'Tar Valon, and by the authority vested in me as emissary to the Kingdom of Wylund, by the Amarilyn Seat, I command you to let us pass or face the wrath of the Tower at my command!
(4490) Morti:
o.0 :cocks his head at being introducd as a squire:
(4635) Heimdall (enter): 23:32
(4635) Heimdall (exit): 23:32
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Is it not a law of your ruler to obey your superiors or face their wrath? Is it? Then let us pass!
** (4524) Guard bows deeply, shaking from head to toe. **
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade has badge displated **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
displayed
(4524) Guard:
I'm sorry, my apologies, my lady. Good sir. Well met, and you may ascend to the Castle.
** (4524) Guard stands aside to let you pass. **
(4524) DM:
(Atross -- I'll get to you in a bit)
(4482) Atross:
(Do I have to?)
(4482) Atross:
(I'm gonna be arrested =()
(4524) DM:
(Do you want to? You must be bored to tears. lol)
(4482) Atross:
(Eh, no matter)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(the floppy frenchman was amusing enough! LOL)
(4482) Atross:
(Do I need to?)
(4482) Atross:
(If not, roll to see if I'm getting drunk! =D)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
ROFL
(4524) DM:
(hey, up to you, dude. I'm winging a lot of this with only 3 ppl in the group (cough cough))
(4482) Atross:
(I'm not exactly the most pursuasive of characters)
(4482) Atross:
(I could threaten to shoot her though)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
get drunk, get laid
(4524) DM:
(heh)
(4524) DM:
(ok, well no need to rp that kind of thing. I do well enough on my own sometimes.)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(LOL..bet you do! )
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
Si, qu'avez-vous eu à l'esprit pour moi, la madame ? Vous avez mentionné quelque chose de la corruption et de la magie.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
(obviously patoi french)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
patois
** (4490) Morti narrows his brows at the foppish fellow, wondering if those are real words **
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
I need you to be present, Pierre, when we make our request to the Tempest, so that if something DOES happen to us, then retribution will occur swiftly. I need you to remain in the background and not say anything that might let people know about you. Am I clear? You're...visible enough.
(4490) Morti (whispering):
he isn't kernin, right? cause It would be kind of embarrassing if I'm saying I don't know my own language...)
whispering to Morti, its French and no he's not.
whispering to Morti, a kind of French that's used in one area of the campaign world. lol. tmi probably
whispering to Morti, thought you might get a kick out of it
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
Ah, je vois. Et vous devez me dire aussi que si votre ami sent comme le cheval à tout moment parce que je suis sur le point d'évanouir d'étant accablé par le sien. ..his...his odeur !
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
ROFL)
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(smiles gently at that last comment)
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
You get used to it eventually.
(4490) Morti (whispering):
hai hai, just didn't know which area it was representing
whispering to Morti, not on the map...not yet.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"cheval...cheval...doesn't that mean horse?"
(4490) Morti (whispering):
froglandia... it's a bit to the east
(4524) DM:
(for the lurkers among us, sorry but its an in joke amongst the group, you'd have to have been with the game for some time. heheh.)
whispering to Morti, lol
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Morti, I think I was just insulted."
(4589) Nevere (whispering):
ok
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
J'avais entendu que les barbares dorment parfois avec leurs épées et accouplent avec leurs chevaux mais moi n'a jamais été la face pour faire face à avec un vrai barbare avant. ..until maintenant.
** (4524) Pierre d'Amberville gazes in wonder **
** (4490) Morti just shrugs to Rainur, having no clue **
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
He's complimenting you on your swordsmanship and your horsemanship skills. And to say that he's never been in such princely company until now. (as she climbs the stairs)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Rhian, how do you say Barbarian prince" ::smiles::
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
prince barbare
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Me prince Bar-bare"
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
Je le crois !
** (4524) Pierre d'Amberville grins widely, bowing **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Rhian how do you say friend?
(4524) DM:
Eventually you reach the Castle.
(4524) DM:
(to give you a visual representation of Highkeep, imagine the city of Minas Tirith in LotR, except that the plateau on which Castle Vhammos sits overlooks the city and is right smack dab in the middle of the city.)
(4646) Manic Depressant Pit Lord (enter): 23:50
(4646) Manic Depressant Pit Lord (exit): 23:51
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Ami is the singular, amis is the plural, I believe.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Cheval Amis
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
(eyes light up at the mention of those words)
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade pulls up sleave to reveal his horse tattoo **
(4524) Pierre d'Amberville:
Un chevalier, en d'autres termes
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ok nice to meet you, we need to get down to business"
(4524) DM:
As you enter the halls of Castle Vhammos, the sight of Highkeep seems small and fragile indeed from these heights. Guards in silver and golden armor emblazoned with an iron gauntlet (the symbol of the Tempest), stand silently in vigil. The halls of the Castle are as silent as stone.
(4524) DM:
You stride into the throne room. From all appearances, Court is in session.
** (4490) Morti eyes the guards wonderingly, as he follows along to the throne room **
(4642) Lurking (enter): 23:55
(4524) DM:
The Tempest sits on her throne in utter boredom, as an ermine-robed seneschal reads from a scroll that reaches down to his knees. One hand languidly drapes over the arm of the silver throne, plucking at a bunch of grapes as she listens.
(4524) DM:
Courtiers mingle about in hushed whispered conversations. Supplicants bow and scrape while waiting to be heard. Borjad can be seen to one side, fidgeting.
(4524) The Tempest:
Good. I've heard enough. Lexin, how many executions do we have slated for tomorrow?
** (4524) Lexin glances up from his scroll **
(4524) The Tempest:
I'm waiting, Lexin....
** (4490) Morti strolls in in his stained and travel worn clothes and stinking of several days of adventuring **
** (4524) The Tempest munches on a fig. **
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade takes off his cloak and hands it to his squire...morti **
(4524) Lexin:
hm, we have two druids of Elantra and a soulwarden of Tevesh. And that barbarian priest, Regnak, I think, of the War-Father.
** (4490) Morti takes the cloak and looks curiously to Rainur **
(4524) The Tempest:
Oh good. Write down in your report Lexin, that Regnak was a secret priest of Gorgauth, and mention it at Court in Tolmara the next time you go. Have to keep up appearances, you know.
(4524) The Tempest:
What is that odor? (sniffs)
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade looks at Rhian in anger **
(4524) The Tempest:
I think I shall attend that execution myself. I rather fancy barbarian tongues. (fingers a necklace)
** (4524) The Tempest sniffs the air as she pops a fig into her mouth. **
(4524) Lexin:
Yes, Magnificence.
(4524) The Tempest:
All right, Borjad, you can stop snivelling now. Report.
** (4490) Morti grimaces, sticks out his tongue, portrayed exageratedly in his scarf and lets out a loud rasp **
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(whispers) Patience, Rainur. We'll speak soon.
(4524) Borjad:
Your orders were not carried out, Magnificence. Bulghvus still lives and is now out of your reach.
** (4524) The Tempest stops chewing a fig and stands up furious. "WHAT?!?!?!?" **
** (4524) The Tempest gestures one hand and flicks her wrist as Bulghvus suddenly levitates into the air. **
(4524) DM:
(I mean Borjad)
(4524) Borjad:
(claws at his throat)
(4524) The Tempest:
You let him go??!? Why and how?
** (4490) Morti goes wide-eyed and nudges Rainur **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"one minute morti"
(4524) Borjad:
'Twas not me, Magnificence (choking) A barbarian who claimed he was a knight. And his squire. I think his squire was present at the execution a week ago. The one with the vision of the "god".
(4524) Borjad:
I remember seeing that (choke) imp but could not find him in the confusion that followed.
(4649) Tek (enter): 00:06
(4524) Borjad:
(choke gasp choke)
** (4524) The Tempest tosses her hand casually, dropping Borjad like a stone. **
(4524) The Tempest:
This is disturbing. Dispatch a squadron of assassins immediately. I want that thief's head on a platter. NOW!!!!!!!
** (4490) Morti gives Rainur a harder nudge **
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"relax"
** (4524) Borjad crumples, his head on the cold floor of the throne room. "Yes, Magnificence. (choking) Your will is our will." **
** (4524) Borjad repeats numbly "Your will is our will. Should you desire it, we shall give even a tenth of our due for the law of the Tempest is the law of the Land and the rule of Law Eternal by the might of Solnor the Just." **
** (4524) Borjad sits back on her throne, surveying the room casually and goes back to popping figs in her mouth. **
(4524) DM:
(my mistake)
** (4490) Morti growls at the mention of Solnor in association with the tempest **
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(whispers) After my signal, Rainur.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
My pardons, my lady.
(4649) Tek (exit): 00:11
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade steps with Rhian **
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(straightens up and approaches the silver throne, head bowed just low enough to be deferential)
(4524) The Tempest:
(glances up)
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade trails Rhian **
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Permit me to present myself, Magnificence. I am Rhian Aes Sedai, of the White Ajah, a Sister of the Fifth Circle, in association with the White Tower at Nith'Tar Valon, and I come to you, as an emissary to this good Kingdom, with a small request at the bidding of this Knight of His Majesty, King Falconedge.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
May I present to you, Magnificence, the Knight and Dakan, Rainur Swiftblade, of the clan Swiftblade, of the Ulu'taari, and his squire, Mortimar Boyle. (bows and scrapes)
(4524) DM:
(you've never seen Rhian speaking in formal and stilted language)
(4524) The Tempest:
(smiles with amusement)
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade give a nod in deference **
(4524) The Tempest:
And to what do I owe this visit, Sister of the Tower?
(4524) DM:
(Spot, anyone but Atross)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
** (4490) Morti follows behind Rainur and offers a full bow at the waist. **
(4490) Morti:
Spot Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [14,-1] = (13)
(4524) The Tempest:
(curls her lip in slight derision and wrinkles her nose, sniffing)
(4490) Morti:
(15 with alertness)
whispering to Morti, she glances to her right at Borjad who nods swiftly
whispering to Morti, for a second
whispering to Morti, unnoticeable to Rainur but not to you
(4490) Morti (whispering):
:passes a quick grin to Borjad
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Only that I was passing through and that I encountered ths Knight who begged me to come before you, since I might gain entrance to your merciful hall and since you are a great lover of justice and compassion, the Light of Solnor be praised. (speaks smoothly and blandly)
whispering to Morti, Borjad narrows his gaze at you
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
Speak, Rainur.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering):
stan ok
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
Your magnificence, we need your help to resolve an grave matter
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"While on patrol with my company we encountered a lair of what are called Yuan-ti. One such as noble as yourself has probably never encountered such evil beasts
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
We followed and dispatched a medusa and its followers and found over 350 people enslaved
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
they were to be eaten. We politely ask in the name of the crown for your assistance to bring these poor souls bak to highkeep
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
They have suffererd unmeasurable horrors and are now naked and hungry.
(4490) Morti:
(not anymore :proudly beats his four fingered fist to his chest:)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
We ask that you assemble your cities mages, healers and warriors and bring them back to this fair city unharrmed. It is the will of his magesty that you grant a knight's request.
** (4524) The Tempest listens, her languid gaze settling on Rainur with thinly veiled hostility **
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade bows **
(4524) The Tempest:
The will of His Majesty...
(4524) The Tempest:
I will grant your request on one condition, Sir Knight.
** (4524) The Tempest sits straight up in her chair and speaks in a clear, icy voice. **
(4663) Lothoris (enter): 00:27
(4663) Lothoris (exit): 00:27
(4524) The Tempest:
Let it be recorded in the scroll of truth that the one known as Rainur Swiftblade came to this hall, seeking justice and compassion and found it by the hand of His Majesty through his willing servant. I grant the request of Rainur, the one known as Swiftblade on one condition:
(4524) The Tempest:
that he dispel the curse that lies upon this city by the one known as d'Amberville. As it is the will of our sovereign liege, so let it be done. As it is my will that this be done, so let it be done. For does not the saying go, you have no Fate but the Fate you are given?
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(mutters) so now it becomes clear.
** (4490) Morti raises a questioning brow and looks back to Rhian **
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade looks at rhian **
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(shakes her head slowly at Morti and stares at the Tempest)
(4524) The Tempest:
(leans back in her chair and continues munching a fig)
(4524) The Tempest:
We will begin with your request forthwith, Rainur, of Swiftblade. Speak to Borjad. You may leave our presence now.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
my thanks your magnificence and the thanks of the corwn"
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
crown
** (4503) Rainur Swiftblade backs up and turns once he is out of the presense of the Tempest **
(4524) The Tempest:
Borjad: attend to the needs of the Dakan and his squire. As for you my lady, I am honorbound to offer you a place in the Castle, should you desire it.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(warily) and I am honorbound to accept, Magnificence.
** (4490) Morti looks to Rhian and shakes his head **
(4524) The Tempest:
Good! (claps her hands.) Guards, please escort the Lady Rhian to her quarters.
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(nods slowly to Morti as she walks away)
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Rhian we must talk first"
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
I'm sure you can come with me, can't they? (glancing at the Tempest and not waiting for an answer)
(4524) The Tempest:
Why, of course. (blandly as Borjad follows along, trailing silently)
(4524) Rhian Aes Sedai:
(whisper) now is not the time, Rainur.
(4503) Rainur Swiftblade:
"Ays"
(4642) Lurking (exit): 00:38
(4524) Borjad:
I'm sure you'll be wanting to follow Her Magnificence's request, Sir Knight. And I shall inform you on her orders when you have done with the Sister of the Tower.
(4524) DM:
(and on that note, we'll stop)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms