Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
15 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
13 Guests
Registered Users: Aaroninfig, WayEvapok


Back to Damrosil Logs


(8703) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(8634) TaliesinNYC' from room...
(8634) TaliesinNYC (exit): 19:20
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane...
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Tarth, are you telling us that ye are trying to change your fate?
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "I believe that he is being truthful, and values his life ...correct Tarth?
(8703) DM: ((WIndows XP crashed))
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well Tarth?"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: ((yeah it sucks))
(8635) Morti: "Master Rainur... I'm usually the first one to put my faith in someone, even if I don't have much reason too. However, he's a serva-... was... a servant of Almeena. He might be under her enchantmant and waiting for an oportunity to overtake us."
(8635) Morti: (S%*t happens)
(8703) Tarth: Well, either you believe me or you don't. But it's over for me.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, ye should stay away from Highkeep Tarth. Go to Tolmara"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "There ye iwill find life a bit better than being trreated like a dog"
(8703) Tarth: You're letting me go?
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "I could kill you instead...."
** (8635) Morti looks at Rainur in complete surprise **
(8703) Tarth: Well, you could, I suppose.
(8703) Tarth: Well, I'll take my leave then. And my thanks for showing a kindness.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "To my ears, ye were not the guilty party, it was Xavick and Shagath"
(8705) Kazaya (enter): 19:25
(8705) Kazaya (exit): 19:25
(8705) Kazaya (enter): 19:25
(8657) Trayn : "just remember it and return it to others"
(8635) Morti: "He might have a way of alerting the Guards inside. Or maybe head back for Kern and have the slaves moved"
** (8703) Tarth gets up and bows to you all. **
(8635) Morti: "We can't trust this time." :still aiming at Tarth: "Don't move"
(8703) Tarth: "I shall....AAAAAAAAAAAAIEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!"
(8705) Kazaya (whispering): dont mind me, just watching
** (8703) Tarth clutches his heart for a minute and wails in agony **
** (8703) Tarth falls to the frozen muck and collapses. **
(8635) Morti: 0.0 "Wha-... huh?"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is the darkness...he must fight it!
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to tarth's side **
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade checks to see if he is dead **
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Come on, be strong.. you can win this battle!"
(8703) DM: A second later, his corpse explodes, gore flying in all directions.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well at least he found redemption before he died"
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane looks up to the skies **
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "DAMN YOU ALMEENA!"
** (8635) Morti lets his arms drop lifeless to his sides as the remains of Tarth litter the muck, "Guess that means... he lost.." **
(8657) Trayn : "hopefully
(8635) Morti (whispering): spellcraft to find out,.. what was that?
(8635) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31)
** (8703) Shagath coughs unsteadily. "He made his choice and paid for it with his soul." **
(8703) Shagath: (still lying on the ground)
whispering to Morti, necromantic, you're unsure.
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade says a prayer over the remains **
** (8635) Morti looks blankly to Shagath, "What do you mean?" **
(8703) Shagath: No one betrays my Dark master and lives.
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade brandishes his sword and walks over to Shgath **
(8703) Shagath: I do not fear you, fool.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Then go meet him in person!"
(8703) Shagath: Sweet blade, be my sheath!
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [20,12] = (32)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, will save
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+7] -> [8,7] = (15)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, I'll say that's a hit lol
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: Will save: [1d20+7] -> [12,7] = (19)
(8703) DM: You (Rainur) shake off the compulsion easily, as you behead the fighter with one stroke.
** (8635) Morti flinches as Shagath is killed **
** (8703) Bulghvus cowers and whimpers. **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti, check his weapon...I think it may be evil
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: majucka
(8703) Bulghvus: (holds his neck)
(8657) Trayn : "disgusting... and useless this was"
(8703) Bulghvus: Are...are you always like this?
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "It's ok Bulghvus.. we'll not harm you any, you know that, comrade " *smiles att he man*
(8703) Bulghvus: I like my head attached to my body, thank you.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "He was about to harm us...I felt it"
(8703) Bulghvus: Um, all right.
** (8703) Rhian Aes Sedai slowly comes awake **
(8635) Morti: "I can't detect..."
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am not going to let a servant of the Dark one live!"
(8712) ZroPh33r (enter): 19:35
** (8635) Morti then moves over to check on Rhian and Moiraine, "Are you two okay?" **
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: Eh?
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Think what ye will, but justice is done"
(8712) ZroPh33r (exit): 19:35
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: Ays, I am all right, Morti. What is this about a Darkfriend?
** (8703) Rhian Aes Sedai gets up and stops, seeing the beheaded corpse and the remains of Tarth on the ground. **
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: You'll have to explain this to me. I see my spell did its work. (smiles faintly)
** (8635) Morti grins, a bit forced, assuring, "Yes, you're spell was very nice.... um... After that... things got... not nice..." **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "We freed Tarth, yet the dark one had him in his clutches"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "He was slain from within"
(8657) Trayn : "tis the way of evil"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Xavick escaped"
(8714) Necros (enter): 19:39
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "And Shagath died at my hand"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "He was about to cast an enchantment on me"
(8714) Necros (exit): 19:40
(8657) Trayn : "yes the spell was very helpful"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes thank you my lady"
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: Ah, I see. Once you make a pact with the Dark One, there is no release except through death.
(8635) Morti: "The Snakeman lair is in that cave, and we have to go free the slaves in there now."
(8635) Morti: "I'm not sure how yet though..."
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: It will be a while before I can cast a spell of that magnitude again. Not long, but a while.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do you wish to rest here a while or shall we go to the cave?'
(8657) Trayn : "I am in no rush to head into the cave... I'd like to be careful"
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: It's up to you. I can cast spells still, but not of that order for a short while.
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye Rhian, I was at the brink of death..once again you have saved me; I am in your debt"
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane kneels **
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: You might wish to determine what you will do when those slaves are freed. Where will they go? Who will take care of them? Highkeep lies to the west, but you know what lies in wait for them there.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bulghvus, your head will remain on your shoulders"
** (8703) Bulghvus gulps. "All right." **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "No there is no need to fear me"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I think we ought to send them towards Tolmara,with a letter stating our hand in their freedom"
(8635) Morti: :to Rhian: "Anything is better than a slave's life. Do you think you and Jer'ar could lead them someplace better when you head off?"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye, and then there is always that"
(8657) Trayn : "anywhere but here... it will be our duty to do so"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, Tolmara may be a good place"
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: And how do you propose sending off all those slaves to Tolmara, through miles of frozen terrain?
(8635) Morti: :Smirking: "Or maybe they can taking up residence in Asflag's old Manor, work the field, start over in a new town"
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: Look around you. It is the middle of winter. They have no clothes, they have no cares, they have no money and they have no steeds.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: 'and they have no freedom"
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: I am just pointing out certain considerations to you.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "They will be food"
(8635) Morti: :Grimaces: "Guess we'll have to see what we can scrounge from the snakemen for now."
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: After you free them, it is beholden to you to provide for them.
(8657) Trayn : "of course"
(8635) Morti: "We'll find a way. I don't know how yet... but we'll find a way. We have to."
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: (to Morti) If there were others of my kind here, we could open a portal to Nith'Tar Valon and lead them to the Tower, ays. But there are none here.
(8635) Morti: :quirks his head: "How long will it take to reach Nith'Tar Valon? For you?"
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: This is just a thought, my friends. You did well to rid this land of two Darkfriends, although a third has gone. The Wheel will turn, it is turning now, and you will meet him again in due course.
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: For I? (looks at Je'rar) Many, many days. Weeks. We will be well, Morti, of that I am sure.
(8635) Morti: "Hmmm... What about a ship?"
whispering to Kazaya, would you like to join eventually?
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well I believe we should at least see their condition"
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: Ays, we should. (smiles at Je'rar) Je'rar, you are no more in my debt than I am your mistress. It was what I could do to save you all, who are my friends.
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade heads to the cave **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "come on...no use standing in the cold"
(8635) Morti: "Fine free them first move them later. Lets save some folks" :heads after Rainur:
(8635) Morti: (anyone check Shagath and Tarth's equipment?)
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane whispers in Rhian's ear: "But Rhian, I'd consider myself most blessed if you were my mistress" *gives her a conspiratorial wink **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bulghvus, we will need your expertise here...many traps ahead"
(8703) DM: (actually, no one did.)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (brb...major diaper-duty required)
(8703) DM: (sec)
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: ((that is not rainur's thing))
** (8635) Morti heads back for a second checking over Shagath and Tarth's remains for any important items left behind(also detec magic on their junk) **
(8635) Morti: (keeps fingers crossed for a note detailing all the traps in the Yuan-ti lair)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (jonis Morti in that endeavor)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (*jonis)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: *joins
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: bgah
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "TRayn, ye know that the snakemen here will die"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will show no mercy upon them
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "I just want to make sure there are no surprises for you"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: (am I laggin here?)
(8703) DM: (hah)
(8703) DM: (no, you're not. was busy typing)
(8733) Seifer (enter): 20:05
(8733) Seifer (exit): 20:06
(8733) Seifer (enter): 20:06
(8733) Seifer (whispering): what is this?
(8657) Trayn : "yes I do"
** (8635) Morti inspects the bone scroll case, opening it carefully to search its contents **
(8703) DM: You eventually make your way to the cave. It's half-hidden in the side of a small hill, behind some vines. As you peer into the cave, you take note of the muddy floor, half-filled with debris and slush.
(8657) Trayn : "there are little laws to be concerned about in a snake cave"
whispering to Seifer, ongoing 3E camp
whispering to Morti, filled with scrolls, of course. =P
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "They are one of my sworn enemies if ye have not guessed"
(8635) Morti (whispering): I mean what's on the scrolls... gotta be more literal
whispering to Morti, lol
whispering to Morti, letters
(8733) Seifer (whispering): kool any open spots?
whispering to Morti, instructions from Almeena, letters or communications to Almeena
whispering to Morti, and a letter to Mharin, in Highkeep
whispering to Seifer, yes, as a matter of fact. extensive screening process though
(8635) Morti (whispering): what's the one to mharin about?
(8733) Seifer (whispering): wat lvl?
whispering to Seifer, 5th starting
(8739) Thorkilion (enter): 20:09
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "May we kill them faster than they can kill us,hm?"
(8657) Trayn : "fithy animals"
(8733) Seifer (exit): 20:11
whispering to Morti, briefly it's instructions to maintain the hold that the Tempest has over the Lord Councillor and to be on the lookout for a certain priest of Oneiros by the name of Kha.
whispering to Morti, heheh
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "No, lower than animals, An animal is just that and is not responsible for its actions"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "It matters not... we're going to slay them all"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "lead on Bulghvus
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade moves forward **
(8635) Morti (whispering): any details on plans in the letters to Almeena?
(8703) DM: The interior of the cave consists of a mud-filled chamber. Frozen vines cover much of the cave walls.
** (8635) Morti sifts through papers as he follows along to the back, putting them away before entering after the others **
whispering to Morti, notes regarding their communications with the yuan-ti and negotiations on more blood gold. the last communication is three days prior to your arrival in Highkeep
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Was his sword magical Morti?
whispering to Morti, also that Xavick is becoming increasingly independent and uncontrollable
whispering to Morti, not to mention insane
(8635) Morti: :to Rainur: "Yeah, both their swords."
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "thought so"
(8635) Morti: "And their shields and their armor and some other stuff. Potions, rings"
whispering to Morti, includes a dossier on Xavick, actually
(8739) Thorkilion (exit): 20:16
whispering to Morti, which I will have to type up at some length
(8635) Morti (whispering): oh, that'll come in handy
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade looks around **
** (8657) Trayn follows the barbarians **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [17,14] = (31)
(8635) Morti: "Oh and I found a letter to a Mharin in Highkeep about keeping control through the Tempest among Shagath's stuff
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [1,14] = (15)
(8703) Bulghvus: There's a secret door in the back of this cavern.
(8703) Bulghvus: I've removed the trap. Quite sophisticated, if I might say so.
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I knew it"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Excellent Morti,excellent"
(8635) Morti (whispering): will I need an exotic wepon proficiency to use Tarth's hand crossbow?
(8657) Trayn : "lets proceed"
whispering to Morti, probably
(8635) Morti (whispering): eh figures
(8703) TaliesinNYC: The cave wall slides back to reveal a damp, musty corridor leading deep into the earth. Phosphorescent blue moss can be seen growing on the corridor wall. A steep flight of stairs leads down.

Ten wickedly barbed bars, spaced 2' apart, lie along the last 20' of corridor just before the stairs.

A putrid stench reminiscent of rotting flesh wafts from just around the corner....

whispering to Kazaya, there's an opening in this campaign if you're interested. 2 openings for two players
(8657) Trayn : "this is foul"
whispering to Kazaya, let me know
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane wields his sword and mace,weapons clenched firmly **
(8703) Bulghvus: Those bars...hmm...
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [7,14] = (21)
** (8635) Morti slings his crossbow on his back and readies Ilendus, "But what's down that way?" POints the south **
(8703) Bulghvus: There's a trap in the vicinity of those bars. Not sure where the mechanism is.
(8703) Bulghvus: The triggering mechanism that is...
(8657) Trayn : "well can we avoid going over there?"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "and it sends those bars crashing into whoever's in the way... very nice"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I know what to do"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "We take Shagath's body and use it to set it off"
(8703) Bulghvus: That's just it, there's no way for us that I can see to get from the corridor to the stairs unless we jump over them. When we land, we'll land on the stairs.
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade looks for tracks in the mud **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, tracking roll or Search
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I'll be right back"
(8635) Morti: "Maybe the trigger is on the stairs then, waiting for us to set it off"
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to get Shagath's body and returns **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 21 tracking
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "ok people.. I'm gonig to toss his ass down the stairs... might want to stand back and stay clear,hm?"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: *going
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes, mostly humanoid though
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, can't tell how many coming and going, but at least five.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not think that a wise choice Je'rar"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, all fairly recent
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane waits until it is clear **
(8635) Morti: "Ok" :Gets back and tries to find some cover"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Why not? We set off trap,and then we move on"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "There are at least five people here fairly recently"
(8657) Trayn : "better than one of us" as he backs off
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well rainur , when we see them, I'll be sure to send my regards"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "And a one, and a two, and a three.."/me toses Shagath down the stairway
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade looks ar the tracks again **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): which way did they go?
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane tosses the Shagath down the stairs **
(8703) DM: As his corpse lands on the stairs, you hear a dull thud and a loud "CLICK"
(8749) Seifer (enter): 20:29
(8749) Seifer (exit): 20:30
(8703) DM: Seconds later, a high pitched whine begins to emerge from the vicinity of the bars, as they begin to spin and slide back and forth
(8703) DM: Each bar spins on its own axis, and slides forwards and backwards in what seems to be a pre-set track.
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Wow... I like that... hope to get one for my own someday"
(8635) Morti: "Uh...."
** (8635) Morti watches the tracks of the bars, looking for an opening **
(8657) Trayn : "its a trap... and a defense"
(8635) Morti: "Scary one too."
** (8635) Morti begins searching the walls of the room, hoping to find a switch to shut off the trap **
(8635) Morti: Search Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [15,1] = (16)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well at least we didn't get fed to the meat-grinder "
whispering to Morti, nope.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] -> [5,14] = (19)
(8703) Bulghvus: Ah...I see.
(8635) Morti: (is there room for someone to slip through the bars if they time it right?)
(8703) Bulghvus: The trigger is a pressure plate on the other side of the bars. It's also the mechanism that stops the trap.
whispering to Morti, that would be 5 reflex saves, so yes.
(8635) Morti: "So... if someone steps on the plate in there.... it stops?"
(8703) Bulghvus: Well, since someone (*cough*) tossed something onto the plate, if you removed that something, it would stop, ays.
(8705) Kazaya (exit): 20:36
(8635) Morti: (do the bars reach all the way to the ground?)
(8703) DM: (no. they're at ankle level)
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to see if he can safely remove the Shagath **
(8635) Morti: (how far is it from the start of the bars to SHagath's body?)
(8657) Trayn : "well who id going to do that now.."
(8703) DM: (Je'rar, you'd need to leap over 20' of space. Keep in mind you're wearing armor and carrying equipment.)
(8703) DM: (20', but then you'd hope not to fall down the stairs)
(8635) Morti: (...jer'ar threw him 20'?)
(8703) DM: (yep)
(8635) Morti: (...)
(8703) DM: (he had a running start. heh.)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (well I am unencumbered..)
(8635) Morti: (watching the bars move can I about figure the reflex DC to pass?)
whispering to Morti, sure
(8635) Morti (whispering): Are you goin go to tell me, or shall I roll for it?
whispering to Morti, you need to roll it
(8703) DM: (we're stopping at 10 tonight. will brb, need food)
(8635) Morti: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [13,-1] = (12)
(8635) Morti (whispering): or intellegence maybe?
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (will brb..need beer)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (back)
whispering to Morti, ok
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: how do we solve this?
(8703) DM: back
(8703) DM: ((ask Morti))
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: (what are the bars made of?)
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: (wood? Iron?)
(8635) Morti (whispering): what? ok ... roll intellegence instead? ok.... I'll tell you the Reflex DC? ok... I'll give you a million dollars?
** (8657) Trayn cant help **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well lets do something
(8635) Morti: "Technically.. someone can pass through here.." :staring thoughtfully at the bars: "But it sure ain't gonna be easy"
whispering to Morti, intelligence will do it.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): can I take 10 to pass?
whispering to Morti, or you can roll Reflex and chance it
(8657) Trayn : "not for me in this armor"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you can try to make 5 reflex saves
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, they're made of iron
(8635) Morti: Int check: [1d20+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
(8657) Trayn : "i can bring fire to this equation... but thats about it"
(8635) Morti: (ugh...)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "How do you propose passing through it, Morti?"
(8703) Bulghvus: Or perhaps we could try to jam them.
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): can I take 10 with that?
(8635) Morti: "Well.. that gears of this thins follow an exact path... if you know the path... technically you can pass."
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out an iron climbing spike **
(8635) Morti: :to Bulghus: "I was thinking that too... can't think of anything to jam them with though"
** (8636) Rainur Swiftblade shoves one into the track **
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hmmm..."
(8635) Morti: "Well.... maybe one of their magic swords would be strong enough."
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane tries to determine the path these things take **
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: "lets see if this works"
(8635) Morti: (Are the gears exposed?)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, as I said, you can try to make 5 reflex saves. jamming doesn't require taking 10
(8703) DM: (no they're not)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [6] = (6)
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): then I will just try to jam it
(8703) DM: The spike breaks apart.
(8657) Trayn : "tell me what to burn and I shall do it"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): int check to determine path of movement on the track?
(8703) DM: (Folks, no int checks required to determine movement, since its moving in front of you.)
(8703) DM: (left to right)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well..nothing ventured,nothing gained.. what say I give it a try?"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Rainur..think you can tie a rope to me in case i get caught you can pull me back and maybe keep me from dying?"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: It is risky my frined
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: friend
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Then again.. hold on..."
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): is it pssible to jump over it?
(8635) Morti: "Hmmm... think we could chop down a tree and bring it in here to block the bars?"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: (can rainur get a hold of the first bar?)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Not a bad idea Morti.. "
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: (does it move too quickly to grab)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Any of us have an axe? Damn I actually wish regnak was here"
(8635) Morti: "Do we have an axe?"
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane laughs at that **
(8635) Morti: (Don't matter... it's spinning and barbed)
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: (can rainur get a hold of the first bar?)
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade: (can rainur get a hold of the first bar?)
(8703) DM: (Je'rar: you can jump over it, sure. Make a Jump check. Rainur: yes. you can try to grab it and see what happens.)
(8635) Morti: (really... don't grab it)
(8703) DM: ((Alfred: I can only type so fast. If YOU want to try being DM, you can apply, until then take an effing chill pill and be patient!))
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I think either you or I can leap it, Rainur"
(8635) Morti: (the tracks they follow are they from the cieling? and is there room to shove something up into the track to concievable jam the gear?)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "How good a jumper are you?"
(8636) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 21:06
(8703) DM: (Morti: the bars are floor level only, ankle level. the tracks are grooves that they're inset in. yes.)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 21:07
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (8783) Rainur Swiftblade...
(8635) Morti: (oh.... I though they were hanging down to ankle level... in that case..)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: (have been having computer problems today...got booted off aol)
** (8635) Morti activates his boots to float up the ceiling and begins dragging himself across the roof of the cavern over the bars **
(8703) DM: (k)
(8657) Trayn : "I can solve this issue tomorrow.."
(8635) Morti: (Now excuse me a moment while I bang my ignorant head against the keyboard)
(8787) Falcon (enter): 21:09
(8657) Trayn : "a simple summoning spell would do... but I dont have it memorized"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: ((heaps piles of excuses on Lunauc))
(8787) Falcon (exit): 21:10
** (8635) Morti lowers himself ontop of Shagath's body once clear of the bars and drags theoffending corpse from the step **
(8703) DM: The bars stop moving.
(8703) DM: (Morti only) The stench becomes nauseating.
** (8635) Morti reaches up to cover his hand over his scafed nose (Shagath or something else?) **
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane creeps a little closer to where the tracks are,keeping just out of their reach/range **
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (BRB)
(8703) DM: (something else)
** (8635) Morti looks around for the offending odor **
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): started to lag did not see what was going on then got booted...is there something about XP?
(8703) DM: (Morti only) It seems to be coming from down the stairs.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no
(8635) Morti: (debilitatingly nauseas, or just sickened?)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): a dell tech was here to fix the computer on Friday...think he messed something up?
(8635) Morti: "Something really reeks down there."
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, I have no idea, sorry to be cranky but I want to concentrate on the game, thanks
(8703) DM: (Morti only) It's just the degree of stinkiness that's getting to you.
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (back)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Morti..stand aside.. I'm going to leap over to where you are"
(8635) Morti: "You guys coming or what?"
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane jumps **
** (8635) Morti steps back. "Don't worry the trap's off. Just don't step on the step again" **
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: *takes a short running start
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: *leap*
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come on everyone lets continue, just mind that step"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Just making sure,Morti..just making sure"
(8703) DM: (Jump check please.)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
(8703) DM: (k)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: 8o)
(8703) DM: Je'rar lands clear of the pressure plate.
(8703) DM: You proceed down the stairs...
(8703) TaliesinNYC: The source of the stench immediately becomes apparent, as you come face to face with a creature, about twice the height of a long spear, Its rubbery hide is the color of pond scum, and a writhing dull gray hairlike mass grows out of its skull. Its has unnaturally long arms that seem spindly, almost ungainly. It moves with a loping gait, almost hunched over as it shuffles forward and closes to attack you.

A door lies closed, on the far left wall.

(8703) DM: (init pls)
(8657) Trayn : Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [10,1] = (11)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+4] -> [1,4] = (5)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: gah
(8635) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
(8657) Trayn : "may Solnor save us...." he states in astoundment
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(8635) Morti: "Uh... what's that?"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): widerness lore
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you have no idea
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "Haven't a clue"
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane draws upon his knowedge of nature and stuff to try and determine what ithe beast is **
(8790) MGCJerry (enter): 21:22
(8790) MGCJerry (whispering): is it ok if I lurk?
whispering to MGCJerry, feel free
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: wilderness lore check
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, its a troll
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane looks lovingly at flametongue **
(8703) DM: (18, Rainur)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): going to use the buckler and not attack with the mace
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is this thing Je'rar?"
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [19,12] = (31)
** (8635) Morti offers dumly to the creature, "We come in peace...?" **
(8703) DM: (both hit)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [1,12] = (13)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: mutters a solitary word:
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Troll"
(8703) DM: It just drools hungrily as it lopes towards Rainur.
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 21
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have never seen one of these"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, thanks, I can add you know
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hope you have lots of fire,trayn"
(8635) Morti: "I've read about them...in scary stories..."
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "Fire, why do we need fire?"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "oOnly way to make sure they stay dead"
(8703) DM: (14, Morti)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "What???"
whispering to MGCJerry, looking for a game to join?
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "They self-heal"
(8657) Trayn : "really... then it shall fear me"
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "and me..."
(8703) DM: (Morti?)
** (8635) Morti heads off up and to the side of Rainur and thrusts forth his hands, steadying them and calculating a spot where he'll catch the troll in the corner of his blaze but not Rainur as a familiar sheet of azure fire flies from the boy's hands Burning Hands: [2d4] -> [2,1] = (3) **
(8790) MGCJerry (whispering): no... just lurking..... I've been wanting to run mine for some time, but I've never heard from the interested people... So instead I've been lurking in other games
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "You can hurt them with your weapons,Rainur, but only Trayn and I can make sure it stays down for the count"
(8703) DM: The troll shrieks uncontrollably, and hurls itself forward
(8703) DM: (seriously wounded)
(8703) DM: (11, Trayn)
whispering to MGCJerry, k, fair enough. have room for 1 player is why I asked
(8703) DM: (Trayn?)
** (8657) Trayn casts a spell... a flame appears **
(8657) Trayn : a curved flame like a sword
(8703) DM: It seems to shrink back as the flame appears.
(8688) Terl: ((back, and let me guess, it's quitting time, right?))
(8657) Trayn : "yes fear me... for in my hands lies your destruction"
** (8657) Trayn steps forward boldly **
(8657) Trayn : (done)
whispering to Terl, lol
(8703) DM: ((stopping in 30, how did you guess?))
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "We do not have these things where I am from"
(8703) DM: (5, Je'rar)
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane holds forth his sword "Flametongue,if ever I needed your help, this would be the time" *watches the magical flames swoosh along the length of the blade,flickering off the tip **
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+9] -> [8,9] = (17)
(8703) DM: Scarlet flames swoosh forth from the sword, encasing them in their radiance.
(8703) DM: (that was a miss though)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (damnation!)
** (8703) Rhian Aes Sedai spreads her hands wide, as she embraces the True Source **
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): Ac 20 in this battle unless I decide to go with the 2 weapon attack and shed the buckler
(8657) Trayn : ((its a standard action to command the flames so he wouldnt be able to attack anyway))
(8657) Trayn : ((unless its a nicer sword than normal))
(8703) DM: Rhian's eyes begin to glow with an incandescent white light.
(8703) DM: (k)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: (doesn't know the particulars of the mechanics, but I think they're normally there anyway)
(8703) DM: (kyla, init next round pls)
(8703) DM: (5, the troll)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26), [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11), (1d20+4]
(8703) DM: (on Rainur, 3 attacks: claw, claw and bite)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
(8703) DM: (AC 26, and 2 misses)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
(8703) DM: (take 10)
(8703) DM: Kyla, init pls
(8688) Kyla: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(8703) DM: (22, Kyla)
(8703) DM: The troll also healed itself at the end of that last round. You saw its wounds partially close.
** (8688) Kyla delays as long as possible **
(8703) DM: (k)
(8703) DM: (18, Rainur)
(8797) Averos (enter): 21:40
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [7,11] = (18)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [4,12] = (16)
(8703) DM: (18 hits)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
(8797) Averos (exit): 21:41
(8703) DM: (seriously wounded)
(8703) DM: (14, Morti)
** (8635) Morti thrusts his hands out once more for a second burning hands: [2d4] -> [2,1] = (3) **
(8703) DM: (11, Trayn)
(8635) Morti: (same rolls..)
** (8703) Bulghvus delays his action **
** (8657) Trayn strikes out with his flame [1d20+3+3] -> [9,3,3] = (15) (vs touch) doing [1d8+2] -> [2,2] = (4) fire damage when hitting **
(8703) DM: (15 misses)
(8703) DM: (Rhian, 6)
(8657) Trayn (whispering): just dex and size for its ac... probably hits unless it has a 22 dex
(8657) Trayn (whispering): touch attack... no armor for ac
** (8703) Rhian Aes Sedai extends her hands forward, moving them both in a straight line as a sheath of flames appears out of nowhere and runs down the length of Rainur's sword. (left sword) **
whispering to Trayn , ok
whispering to Trayn , no then
(8703) Rhian Aes Sedai: (done)
(8703) DM: (5, the troll)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9). (1d20+9), (1d20+4)
** (8783) Rainur Swiftblade is startled with the sudden flame on Andruill **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16), [1d20+9] -> [14,9] = (23), [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
** (8783) Rainur Swiftblade holds it in front of him **
(8703) DM: (2 misses and AC 23)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Bad dice format] - [1d6+^]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
(8703) DM: (take another 10)
(8703) DM: (Kyla and Bulghvus, go...)
** (8688) Kyla eyes the enormous troll, her spindely little blunt chain, the troll's massive strength, her significant lacking in that department, Shruggs, thinks to her self: The bigger tehy are, the harder tehy fall, and attempts to yank a foot out from under the troll. **
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane , with a flourish,hacks away at the monster's mid-section **
(8688) Kyla: : Touch attack [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: *you almost skipped me :P
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ouch...I will not be yer dinner!"
(8688) Kyla: : Opposed str [1d20] -> [3] = (3)
(8703) DM: (I haven't forgotten you)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: *also goes on 5
(8703) DM: (right, well be patient)
(8688) Kyla: ((that didn't work....))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [15,8] = (23)
(8703) DM: (5, Je'rar)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+9] -> [6,9] = (15)
(8703) DM: (miss)
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: bah
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: see the blade,be the blade
** (8703) Bulghvus darts to the side and tries to slice the troll... **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [2,3] = (5)
(8703) DM: (miss)
(8703) DM: (22, Kyla -- next round)
(8688) Kyla: ((my init is now 5, what I delayed to)))
(8703) DM: Predictably, the troll healed some of its wounds...
(8703) DM: (ok)
(8703) DM: (18, Rainur)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+12] -> [18,12] = (30)
(8703) DM: (the flames add an additional +6 of magical fire damage)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(8703) DM: (both hit, lol)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+7] -> [1,7] = (8)
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "Wow, that is something else!"
(8703) DM: (critically wounded)
(8703) DM: (14, Morti)
** (8635) Morti turns in and tired of only grazing tried turning his hands sideways for a verticle burning hands, floor to ceiling and all troll in between: [2d4] -> [2,4] = (6) **
(8703) DM: It drops to the floor, unconscious.
(8703) DM: Its wounds begin to close however...
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do we burn it?"
(8805) Necros (enter): 21:53
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "YES!"
** (8657) Trayn strikes out with his flame [1d20+3+3] -> [16,3,3] = (22) (vs touch) doing [1d8+2] -> [3,2] = (5) fire damage when hitting **
** (8783) Rainur Swiftblade touches the burning sword to the unconcious troll **
(8657) Trayn : "yes burn it now....."
(8703) DM: (ok, it's dead, Jim)
** (8635) Morti bites his thumb at the creature until noticing it's wounds healing.. "Urh oh.." **
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane slices flametongue deeply into the beast **
(8688) Kyla: ""And I thought that thing smelled bad before."
** (8700) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to cut its head off **
(8805) Necros (exit): 21:54
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn, may I ask for your help closing these wounds?"
(8635) Morti: "Lets not run into anymore of them, k?"
** (8783) Rainur Swiftblade is dripping blood **
** (8783) Rainur Swiftblade had a bite mark on his arm **
(8700) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I agree Morti.. they are nmost nasty foes"
(8783) Rainur Swiftblade: "no we should not run into any of these things again"
(8657) Trayn : "I can..."


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms