Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: Igorweild, Ronaldsaime


Back to Damrosil Logs
LobbyMessage.html

...Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(40) DM: So, is anyone leaving early?
(44) Morti (enter): 17:17
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (44) Morti...
(40) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(43) Morti' from room...
(43) Morti (exit): 17:17
(44) Morti: Not willingly
(40) DM: Need a recap from last time?
(44) Morti: not me
(40) DM: After the game, there are some things we need to talk about so don't leave immediately.
(39) Trayn : no recap
(39) Trayn : ok
(40) DM: Ok, today's session begins once you look within the silver coffer...
** (44) Morti glances over the scrolls, grimacing as he sees Almeena's name **
(40) TaliesinNYC: to recap, here are the contents:
(40) TaliesinNYC: Description: A map that of the western fringe of the Dead Marches, showing a trail
that leads to a ruin at the edge of the swamp;

A corked glass vial filled with a syrupy, opaque, crimson-colored
substance;

A sealed scroll tube inscribed with arcane runes;

-----------
A scroll with the following message:

Xavick:

We require more red gold from Yith'sehta and her brood. Due to
events beyond our control, our distribution operation in Tolmara has
been halted as a result of the efforts of the King's pet wizard.
Your incompetence has already cost us the loss of that Aes Sedai
witch. I trust you will not be so lax a second time.

Your instructions are to negotiate with Yith'sehta's servants and
provide for a fair and equitable exchange for all parties concerned.
When you have reached an agreement, cast the spell of sending and I
will open the waygate for the slaves' transport. Use the scroll
within the scroll tube to cast the receiving spell. The vial of
blood is the gatekey.

In the name of our master,

Almeena


This scroll is dated a week ago.

-----------
A scroll with the following message:

Tarth:

We have determined the location of one of the Swords of Power to be
in the vicinity of Lake Myrdyn, a mist-shrouded lake near the
Toralin/Wylund border. You might begin investigating in or around
the ruined castle in the center of the lake. Beware however, for the
lake is protected by a clan of green elves who consider the lake to
be holy ground. Feel free to sacrifice as many elves as possible for
the glory of our dark master.

Your instructions are to go to the lake with all due speed, along
with Shagath and begin your investigations there. Our timetable has
advanced due to certain circumstances involving the death of
ilythi'iri servant.

Should you encounter my errant son in your travels, you have my
permission to demonstrate to him that his mother still loves him.

In the name of our dark master,

Almeena


This scroll is dated a week ago.

** (41) Rainur Swiftblade undresses and pulls clean clothes from his pack **
(44) Morti (whispering): spellcraft check to see what he understands of the specifics of the mentioned recieving spell and the vial of blood.. if needed
(44) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [9,11] = (20)
whispering to Morti, kind of
(44) Morti (whispering): or arcana if better suited...
(44) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26)
whispering to Morti, sort of like a mass teleport spell, very convoluted
whispering to Morti, apparently there is a gate near here that requires a gate key to open. normally waygates only transport one person at a time, but some waygates, with the assistance of a spell of sending and a spell of receiving, can transport multitudes at a time
whispering to Morti, all waygates require a gate key to open
(44) Morti (whispering): are these routinely used portals?
(44) Morti (whispering): or hidden, secret affairs
** (41) Rainur Swiftblade cleans the blood of Xavick off his armour **
whispering to Morti, usually hidden, secret affairs. they were widely used many centuries ago. there are waygates that are commonly used but none in Wylund at present time
(39) Trayn : "we must use the information on this scroll and thwart his plans"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "What do ye see there within the silver box?"
(39) Trayn : "as for pursuing this sword... we can do that afterward"
(44) Morti: "Maybe we could send word to the King to stop those two before they reach the sword"
** (40) Rhian Aes Sedai settles into a trance, shortly after she opens the coffer. **
(44) Morti (whispering): and the spell, is there a specific time or condition for its use or can it be used to summon the slaves at any time?
(39) Trayn : "elves aren't usually easy to decieve... they may not accomplish their goal easily or quickly"
** (41) Rainur Swiftblade is in his underpants trying to clean himself and look more presentable **
(44) Morti: "But what if they already have a way through the elves... or... if they plan to kill them...?"
** (41) Rainur Swiftblade is not modest **
(44) Morti: (obviously)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye we must not let them kill the elves!"
whispering to Morti, the process for opening the gate for mass transport is as follows: cast the spell of sending, use the gatekey to open the waygate, cast the spell of receiving
(44) Morti (whispering): is there a scroll for the spell of sending?
whispering to Morti, in order for the waygate to function properly when used in this manner, a spell of receiving must be cast at the sending point simultaneously as the spell of sending is cast.
(39) Trayn : "our opportunity is time sensitive here"
whispering to Morti, written on the reverse of the scroll of receiving.
(39) Trayn : "the elves must wait till we finish this task first"
(44) Morti (whispering): dang that's complicate, so someone on the other side has to open it too?
whispering to Morti, the location of the waygate is marked on the map.
whispering to Morti, yes
(44) Morti (whispering): are there ways of knowing the identity of the casters on either side?
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, Priest of sun, tell this lowly initiate of long blade where we must go first"
whispering to Morti, apparently Xavick knew, but he's dead
whispering to Morti, so yes and no
** (40) Rhian Aes Sedai murmurs softly **
** (41) Rainur Swiftblade listens **
(40) Rhian Aes Sedai: I am in contact with the Magister, my friends. You may wish to sit in council before forming a plan.
(39) Trayn : "to the swamp of the Dead Marches"
** (44) Morti quirks his head as he looks to Rhian, "You're talking to him now?" **
(40) Rhian Aes Sedai: This spell is not easy for me to cast, so form your thoughts swiftly and ask any questions that you may have.
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, it would be most wise. He is the fire that roars across the plains, the lion that fears none..so I have heard"
(40) DM: As Rhian speaks, a small, translucent sphere of silver light forms in the air in front of you. Within the sphere is the image of The Magister.
(40) Rhian Aes Sedai: Speak, friends...but hurry. The spell will not last long.
(42) Je'rar Ogrebane: sorry,...trying to fend off 2 rowdy kids.. each is inspiring the other to be all that they can be :P
** (44) Morti takes a moment to think before telling Rhian, "Ask him if he can contact the elves and warn them about Shagath and Tarth" **
(40) The Magister: What elves?
(44) Morti: "The elves who protect Lake Myrdyn"
** (40) The Magister listens as you describe to him the contents of the coffer, nodding gravely. **
(44) Morti: "Shagath and Tarth have orders to go there and steal the sword hidden in the lake and kill elves who guard it"
(40) The Magister: There is a bit of a complication unfortunately.
(44) Morti: "Eh? What complication?"
(40) The Magister: The elves who live within the Mistwood have no love of humans and even less those of Wylund.
** (44) Morti peers annoyedly to the sphere, stating firmly, "Get over it. Isn't diplomacy part of a King's job?": **
(40) The Magister: Certain events in the invasion that occurred thirty years ago are responsible for their current emnity. You may have heard of the great plague that swept this land at the time.
(44) Morti: "They need help whether they like it or not."
(44) Morti: :blinking: "Not really"
(39) Trayn : "I could speak to the elves... when the time comes"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: This cesspool that is called Highkeep is not under the control of the King. It is run by one known as the Tempest, who is cruel and vicious in her justice. Clerics are persecuted and she holds public executions. What is her connection if any to Almeena and this slavery ring?"
(40) The Magister: Well, yes, they do...but they will not welcome my help. I will try...but there will be naught that will come of this. Better that others try. (coughing pointedly)
(39) Trayn : "well then... I shall"
(40) The Magister: There is a rumor circulated among them, that *I* was responsible for the plague.
(42) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): ok.. they're finally behaving now.. let's hope that continues :P
(41) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): LOL
** (44) Morti grimaces sourly, "Then save them this time. You have to" **
(40) The Magister: Hm, that is most disturbing. It is a cesspool, of course, but the Lord Chancellor is answerable to the King and the Council of Nobles.
(40) The Magister: The Tempest is Lord Thorncastle's advisor. Cruel and unjust justice you say? Have you proof?
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Well my lord, she has his ear and has total influence. She is I believe elven and is a mage"
(40) The Magister: We know of the ban on clerics of course. That was approved by His Highness in the wake of the events thirty years ago. I am not aware of anything involving persecution...
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: She executed a man for openly practicing as a cleric
(40) The Magister: I will see to this.
** (44) Morti hangs his head as the poor cleric is mentioned... "I... tried to stop it.... she's strong...": **
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Left a poor widow sobbing in the streets...very disturbing
(39) Trayn (exit): 17:44
(46) Trayn (enter): 17:44
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (46) Trayn ...
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: my lord, for your information, Xanick has been slain. they are sure now to be on their guard
** (42) Je'rar Ogrebane listens on, as his friends are handling things rather well **
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Almeena must know that something has happened
(40) The Magister: I...see. This is not the first accusation I have heard of this. Of course, you realize that we have received news and reports that what you say is untrue, yet at the same time, we have accusations and statements which confirm these truths. It may be that something is shielding this Tempest's acts from our efforts to discover the truth.
** (46) Trayn awaits the time he needs to speak **
** (44) Morti strolls to the window looking out across the street for the man who first told them of Xavik(the half-orc... forget his name) **
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Yes my lord, there seems to be a lot of "shielding" going on"
** (44) Morti offers questingly, "You mean some mass charm or warding? or something more like threatening to any who'd speak?" **
(40) The Magister: I will attempt to uncover whatever is behind this, but you might assist my effort as well. We will speak again shortly as I sense Rhian wavering in her effort to maintain the spell. I have news to impart to you as well.
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Aye?"
(46) Trayn : "please speak"
** (42) Je'rar Ogrebane keeps on guard to our surroundings, just to be safe **
whispering to Morti, robak
(44) Morti (whispering): yeah, that's it
(47) Nicpon (enter): 17:49
(40) The Magister: This news of a snake cult is alarming.
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, I have heard"
(40) The Magister: Months ago, a similar cult took root within Tolmara. We discovered that they had taken to kidnapping children and homeless beggars for use in unspeakable acts of unholy magicka.
(40) The Magister: Apparently, this cult is an offshoot of a larger following common in the lands to the north, near those of the Empire.
(47) Nicpon (exit): 17:50
** (44) Morti listens intently **
** (46) Trayn looks emotionally ill **
(40) The Magister: We had heard rumors of their having infiltrated Wylund, not only in Tolmara but elsewhere, such as the east of our country, in the eastern Forest of Miir for example. This is the first such instance that I have heard of a legitimate cell, near Highkeep.
** (41) Rainur Swiftblade looks ill as well **
(40) The Magister: Subsequent to the fire which occurred in the Commons Ward of Tolmara, we put many cultists to the sword after one adventuring company had discovered their illicit lair. We thought that the danger within the city had been routed, but apparently the danger within our kingdom has not yet been.
(44) Morti: "But they may have been here for a while, huh? With all the 'shielding'?"
(40) The Magister: Quite possibly. It appears from what you have told me that the contents of the coffer are for purposes of a complex spell of transport using ancient waygates called "sla-mori".
(40) The Magister: A star elven term for "waygate", a "sla-mori" can be either a portal or a dungeon constructed around a portal. It appears that this portal is the former, not the latter.
(44) Morti (whispering): can I tell if Morti is capable of casting the spells? he can only cast up to 3rd level
(40) The Magister: Sla-mori were used quite frequently in ancient times, but there are not many operational in Wylund. All sla-mori require the use of a gatekey to open. Sla-mori usually transport one person, but a ritual can be performed that makes it possible to transport many hundreds of people at a time.
whispering to Morti, with spell failure, sure. lol
(44) Morti: "If we can go there we may be able to snatch the slaves right out of the portal to freedom, without Almeena and her goons never even knowing it"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Well, we may have a key here...this blood.
(40) The Magister: It seems that the scroll describes how to perform the ritual. I charge you with discovering why, and if necessary, to thwart what is occurring, in the name of the King.
(44) Morti: "Miss Rhian, can you use the scrolls to cast the spells?"
(42) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Sounds like a good mission to me"
** (40) Rhian Aes Sedai murmurs "Morti, my power comes from the True Source. I cannot cast these spells." **
(44) Morti: "Didn't think so..... and I think there.... beyond me.... Lord Tremaine, do you think you could send us some help? someone who can cast theses spells?"
(40) The Magister: To assist you in your endeavors, I shall send a champion of the Light to you. It will take some time for him to reach the City of Secrets, so you will need to be resourceful before he comes.
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, setting up your PC's arrival.
(40) The Magister: He is, I believe, a paladin aspirant of Bralvanyr. This should be a good Test for him. (smiles faintly)
(44) Morti: "Uh.... can he... cast the ritual spells...?
(48) Elegard (enter): 18:00
(40) The Magister: There is one amongst you who can. I believe her name is Kyla, a paladin aspirant of the Lady.
(48) Elegard (exit): 18:00
(42) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): Regnak's , I presume?
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, no, your paladin PC
(44) Morti: "Eh? Really? That's great!"
(42) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): then I better create one and fast
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "The king has a friend in the Ul'utarii, I give my help willingly"
(40) DM: ((unfortunately, Mike's PC is in PC limbo))
(46) Trayn : "I of course will undertake this task"
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, I made it so that you can make it whenever. your paladin isn't due to arrive for quite a while
(44) Morti: (hopefully he won't be when we reach the gate)
(42) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): ahh.. ok
(44) Morti: "Yeah, we'll do our best! And you do your best to help the elves, alright?"
(40) The Magister: I shall... (smiles weakly)
(40) The Magister: Is there aught else to discuss?
** (44) Morti smiles back. After a moment one last thing occurs, "Oh! And do you know who Yith'sehta is?" **
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Will the king send any of his elite gurads to watch over the city covertly?
(40) The Magister: I will mention this to His Majesty.
(40) The Magister: (thinks a moment)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: I would be helpful to have a trusted ally here
(40) The Magister: That name is not familiar to me...
(40) The Magister: It is Mel'Cendian in origin however...
(42) Je'rar Ogrebane: Disconnecting from server...
(42) Je'rar Ogrebane (exit): 18:06
(44) Morti: "Well it seems she's who the slavers are getting the red gold from in exchange for slaves"
(44) Morti: "Think she could be part of the snake cult?"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: well, thank ye for your council...how will we know if the king sends any allies?"
(40) The Magister: Seek him at the temple of the god of Death.
(40) The Magister: 'Tis the only temple allowed within Highkeep.
(44) Morti: :shutters: "Creepy...."
(40) The Magister: All must die at some point, and The Taker waits for them.
(40) The Magister: I thought it might be appropriate (not to mention safe) for our champion to contact you there, for within, any of any religion or faith may practice openly without recourse or harm so long as they keep to themselves within its walls.
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye"
** (44) Morti nods **
(40) The Magister: At least, that is, according to the law of the city. I have a feeling though that this edict on clerics is about to come to an end...
(46) Trayn : "hmmmm then we shall then"
(44) Morti: "Darn straight!"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well we should let Rhian regain her strength
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Thank you, my lord"
(40) The Magister: We will speak again in three days time.
(40) DM: The sphere fades, as Rhian collapses, exhausted from the strain of maintaining the spell.
(44) Morti: "See you then. And be nice to the elves. Plead if you have to."
(46) Trayn : "thank you Rhian"
** (44) Morti hurries to catch her and make sure she doesn't fall off of the bed **
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rhian, Rhian? ::dabs her face with a moist cloth::
(44) Morti: :Setting her back, asks in his cracking voice: "Are you alright Miss?"
(40) Rhian Aes Sedai: Thank you...Rainur, Morti. I must rest for a while.
(40) Bulghvus: Well, that was interesting.
(40) Bulghvus: I'd never seen magicka like that before.
** (44) Morti gives a nod and lets her settle back. **
(41) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does rainur sense that healing will help her?"
(44) Morti: :confidently to Bulghvus: "Well... you'll get use to it." :never seen it either:
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bulghvus are ye allright?"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, just rest
(40) DM: (its currently evening, around 9 pm. what are you doing? b/c I'll fast forward)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: (rainur wants to go downstaris and get the buzz at the bar)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: (see if there is anything interesting to hear)
(40) DM: (and you two?)
(44) Morti: "I'm gonna head down and get something to eat before turning in. Lets let Rhian sleep." :setting Moiraine down on the bed: "You keep her company, okay? I'll bring you back some fresh fish."
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am going downstairs to eat and drink, will someone be staying rwith Rhian?
** (46) Trayn will eat and turn in early (as usual) **
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Someone must stay hear and guard rhian"
(44) Morti: "Moiraine can let me know if anyone comes"
(40) DM: ok, briefly Alfred:
(40) DM: talk at the bar ranges from any of the following:
(40) DM: a) the fire across the street and what caused it
(40) DM: b) the spate of kidnappings that have occurred recently. lots of beggars disappearing (and some people think its a good thing, natch.)
(44) Morti: (brb)
(40) DM: but not just beggars -- children and travellers are disappearing as well.
(40) DM: c) the Tempest's latest execution
(40) DM: d) the ban on clerics
(40) DM: e) how to avoid being targeted by a pickpocket
(44) Morti: (bak)
(40) DM: and f) the Lord Chancellor's decision to bolster the ranks of the militia with conscripted individuals.
(40) DM: this includes individuals who are unable to pay off their debts.
** (44) Morti listens intently to the secrets of avoiding being pickpocketed, having no real big city experience, and naturally paying complete attention to anyone who sounds like they know what they're talking about, drunk or scroungy as they may be **
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: (ok than,ks)
(40) DM: People seem subdued, as if no one wants to attract any sort of attention.
** (41) Rainur Swiftblade drinks his ale and heads up stairs **
(44) Morti: :mutters in reply to the advice: "I don't think I'd like to shove anything up there. It sounds painful."
(44) Morti: (I don't mind fastforwarding)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "come on morti"
(40) DM: In the morning, the bar is deserted, as is the common room. The stench of spilled ale hangs in the air.
(44) Morti: (Rhian up yet?)
(40) DM: (yep)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "How are you feeling Rhian?"
(40) Rhian Aes Sedai: As well as can be, thank you Rainur.
(40) Rhian Aes Sedai: So what are we to do now?
(44) Morti (whispering): prepped spells: Read Magic, Resistance, Daze x2, Magic Missile, Grease, Protection from Evil
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: I say we walk the city and see if we spot anything disturbing
(44) Morti: :taking a seat: "We hafta track down what's keeping the news of the Tempest hidden"
(44) Morti: "I hope there isn't another execution scheduled today"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Perhaps a beggar's abduction or mayhalps we set up an with Je'rar or myself posing as a beggar"
(46) Trayn : "hmmm I wouldnt mind finding the Fallen of Solnor and give him a piece of my mind"
(44) Morti: "I don't think anyone would jump a beggar your size Rainur"
(46) Trayn : "he was supposed to be delivering those slaves after all"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah ye do have a point"
(46) Trayn : "unconsciable"
(44) Morti: :To Trayn: "If he's in town, he might have heard of Xavik's death already on may be on his way..."
(44) Morti: "We may as well look for him though. How hard could a fallen priest travelling with two barbarians be to find?"
(46) Trayn : "that would be convienent... if he was wishing to have words with us"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: Well, let's at least go out and walk around"
(46) Trayn : "seemingly easy.. "
(46) Trayn : "at least once"
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "I need a new cloak, mine was burned to ashes"
(46) Trayn : ((Tremaine the Fallen of Solnor was it?))
(40) DM: ((yes))
(44) Morti: "Well, Robak was searching near the dock for him, may as well start there. shall we split up to cover more ground?"
(40) DM: ((Tremaine is a common name in Wylund, much like "Thomas" or "John" is in the US))
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Nay, we are stronger together"
(46) Trayn : "that seems unwise.. I agree with Rainur"
(44) Morti: (Long Tremaine Silver... no..... Tremainey be good.... no.... Dear Tremaine.... uh.... no...)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, let us walk to the docks and see if perhaps we can spot or orcish friend
(51) Preach (enter): 18:39
(44) Morti: "Right."
(44) Morti: "Can we eat first though?"
(51) Preach (whispering): ahh i cant talk!
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "We can pick a place along the way"
whispering to Preach, you can lurk. =)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "One that is filled with the locals"
(40) DM: (ok, I don't have a map of Highkeep handy, but a bit of a description about the city fyi)
(41) Rainur Swiftblade: "Would like to get a beat on what is going on today"
(44) Morti: "Hai hai. let's go then!"
** (44) Morti stands to leave, petting Moiraine as her heads peeks up from his overcoat pocket **
(40) DM: Highkeep is about 2/3 the size of Tolmara. Divided into seven sections, or districts. Central district consists of the castle and all the structures atop the central plateau.
(52) Preach (enter): 18:41
(52) Preach (whispering): You called me here to lurk...
(44) Morti: (brb)
(40) DM: The districts are laid out like spokes on a wheel -- namely the Docks, Plaza, Shadow, Market, Highmoon and Fendrake districts.
(51) Preach (exit): 18:42
(53) Preach (enter): 18:42
whispering to Preach, I didn't call you here to lurk, you came of your own accord
(40) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(52) Preach' from room...
(52) Preach (exit): 18:43
(46) Trayn : "obviously someone who has a symbol of Solnor about him
(53) Preach (whispering): you said "George is running a game atm in someplace" and george e-mailed me....
(40) DM: The bulk of the population (lower to lower middle classes) live in the Docks, Shadow and Market districts.
whispering to Preach, no, I said I'm running a game atm, come to Damrosil if you want
whispering to Preach, and there's a screening process in place so if you want to join, you need to lurk and see if the game is right for you
(53) Preach (whispering): oh...so why did george email me?
** (41) Rainur Swiftblade looks for a crowded breakfast restarurant in the docks district **
whispering to Preach, I have no idea
(53) Preach (whispering): oh...so tell me the basics of this game...such as the time ti plays and the days
whispering to Preach, hold a sec
** (46) Trayn looks about for what he thinks Tremaine would look like **
(40) DM: You turn the corner and there is a tall (not as tall as Rainur of course, but about as tall) barbarian, lithe and slender, clad in sable furs lounging against the wall of a tavern. "The Sunlit Shadows"
 (561) DM: It appears to be a barbarian of the Firestrike clan by the look of his totem markings.
(571) Preach (whispering): grrr....
(571) Preach (whispering): mod my speach...
(569) Morti: eh?
(560) Popsicle Tree (enter): 19:11
(561) DM: (Ulu'taari barbarians belong to one of ten clans, or are outcasts)
(561) DM: (The Firestrike clan of barbarians are infamous for worshipping an evil god.)
(561) DM: (that was OC to you and IC to Rainur)
(569) Morti: (ah)
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade gives a scournful look **
(561) DM: The barbarian glances at you (Rainur) and smirks, then turns around and goes inside the tavern.
** (569) Morti continues to stroll the street, unaware **
whispering to Morti, you see Robak enter the tavern
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is he doing here?"
(579) Sauro (enter): 19:15
(561) DM: Robak, the half-orc, emerges from around the opposite corner, and walks into the tavern. He doesn't seem to spot your group.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "We should investigate that tavern"
(579) Sauro (whispering): recruiting?
** (569) Morti nods. "Definately." **
(561) DM: He seems to be walking swiftly, as much as possible (or perhaps limping slightly).
(577) Trayn : "hmm true.. maybe Robak has run into Tremaine by now"
whispering to Sauro, yes, but you might want to lurk to see if the game is right for you. screening process is in place, etc.
(579) Sauro (whispering): what system, level, alignment, and classes?
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: Perhaps we should get a morning ale?"
whispering to Sauro, yes I'm recruiting but its not like you can jump into a game right at the outset. I have it set up so that ppl who want to join need to make sure they like it and I like them. two way street.
(569) Morti: "What'll he do when he spots us coming in?"
(579) Sauro (whispering): yea, I understand.
whispering to Sauro, 3.5 ruleset, my original world, party is balanced but I prefer either L or N aligned, your choice as to what to play but no psionics.
whispering to Sauro, 4th starting
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Shall we see?"
(579) Sauro (whispering): k, so if I wanted to play...how would we go about getting me in?
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade strarts to walk towards the tavern **
** (569) Morti nods to Rainur and follows along, waiting for several other people to walk in in front of them to hide among **
(561) DM: ((lurkers: feel free to lurk and ask me questions. recruiting for 2 players, but you'll need to wait till after the game, around 10:30 pm EST, to talk. if you want more info, send me an e-mail to [email protected]))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Are ye game Bulghvus, Rhian, Trayn?"
(561) Bulghvus: I have nothing better to do.
(561) Rhian Aes Sedai: Lead on, Rainur.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "This should prove interesting"
(571) Preach (whispering): I gtg at around 9:30 till 10
(571) Preach (whispering): and btw what lvl is this?
(561) DM: The door opens suddenly, almost violently, as a dwarf is tossed out unceremoniously, follwed by a chamberpot.
(577) Trayn : "yes... well no ale for me but lets see what is inside"
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade helps the dwarf up" **
(561) DM: The chamberpot narrowly misses Rainur by a hair's inch and lands on top of the dwarf's head, immersing him in its contents.
(577) Trayn : "that is foul and unseeming"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, Reflex to avoid the chamberpot
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade helps him carefully **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
** (569) Morti waves ducks back to avoid the chamber pot, then turns to the dwarf, following Trayn's comment, "That's familiar..." **
(561) DM: The door slams (you can hear LOUD noises, crashing and other hints of a brawl in progress within)
** (569) Morti glances into the bar trying to see what's going on **
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade makes haste to a window **
(561) DM: It *is* indeed a brawl -- between three groups of barbarians and warriors.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 19 reflex
(577) Trayn : "perhaps waiting would be wise"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): any swiftblade clan?
(561) DM: Robak is nowhere to be found, although the barbarian from before, is within the melee.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, Regnek
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade storms in **
(561) DM: (Spot, Rainur.)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Regnek is in there
(579) Sauro (exit): 19:25
** (569) Morti thinks for a second then runs for the back of the building looking for a rear exit the half-orc might have slipeed through **
(561) DM: (Trayn? doing anything?)
(569) Morti: :calls back to Rainur: "Who?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 15
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "A clan member...cna't leave him in there alone"
(561) DM: You see a corpulent female half-orc cutting up a roast ham on a bloodstained butcher's block in the rear.
(561) Kreeshka: 'Ey! You! C'mere!
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade goes to Regnek's side **
(561) DM: (to Morti)
(561) DM: (Rainur only, initiative)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): gotta play the clan thing
(577) Trayn : ((was fooling with the baby))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [13,3] = (16)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: (6)
(577) Trayn : Trayns action will be delayed as he will not want to join this brawl
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): weapons drawn?
** (569) Morti hurries over to the half-orc woman and politely asks, "excuse me, ma'am, have you seen an orcish fella named Robak come through here?" **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no, just fists
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, Spot pls
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 24 spot
(561) DM: Regnek, on seeing Rainur entering the fray, grins, and turns around catching a dwarf charging up to headbutt him, shoving him aside as he gingerly steps out to meet his clanmate.
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane (enter): 19:30
** (577) Trayn sighs at all this unwanted and unneed chaos **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, the Firestrike barbarian stabbed a dwarf surreptitiously
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (604) Je'rar Ogrebane...
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): 'bout frikkin' time ! )
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, need you to play Regnek as you're in PC limbo
whispering to Regnak, They're in a brawl between three groups of barbarians and warriors
whispering to Regnak, it all started when a Firestrike clan warrior (who are rumored to worship Gorgauth) challenged your fighting prowess
(604) Regnak (whispering): barroom,outdoors ?
whispering to Regnak, in public, calling you an outcast
whispering to Regnak, barroom
whispering to Regnak, unworthy of being a warrior
whispering to Regnak, etc.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): never done hand to hand...
** (604) Regnak busts through the doors **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, always a first time heheh
(604) Regnak: "GRRRRRRRRR!"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur will rage, birthsign and strength
(561) DM: (Regnak only, init pls)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, k
** (604) Regnak flexes his muscles,body twitching in anger at the sight of Rainur being accosted **
(604) Regnak: [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
whispering to Preach, 4th to 5th level. PCs will be 5th soon, you'll begin around midpoint of 4th
(604) Regnak: "I crush your skull little man!"
(571) Preach (whispering): ok
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): this seems a bit bland, do you have a node or history of the world I could read?
** (604) Regnak looks atthe barbarians from clan Firestrike **
** (577) Trayn will not join in on the fracias **
(561) DM: (3 groups in the barroom brawl: a party of five warriors: 3 humans and two dwarves -- one of the dwarves was tossed outside; a party of four human barbarians (two male and two female -- Swiftblade clankinsfolk, of which Regnek is one); and a party of two barbarians, one of which is the Firestrike barbarian from earlier.)
whispering to Popsicle Tree, of course it's bland. there was supposed to be a full group today but I have only 3 ppl, so I have to make do with who's here.
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): I know that
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): so, do you have reading material?
whispering to Popsicle Tree, I do have material, but the way the process works is that material for the world only gets released if you can commit to joining the group
whispering to Popsicle Tree, otherwise there's really no point in continuing
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): nothing like an advertisement?
whispering to Popsicle Tree, lurking for a session or two should do it. search for the thread on Open RPG under my name with the title "DM seeking players for a Saturday afternoon game"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur will do real damage to the firestrike clansmen
(561) DM: (Regnek, Spot)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): still gives rainur a plus 10 (would be +15 without his "juice"
(561) DM: (Suras, 16)
(604) Regnak: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
(561) DM: The barbarian surreptitiously tries to stab Rainur in the shoulder and misses wildly (AC 16). (Spot, -3, Rainur)
whispering to Regnak, The Firestrike barbarians seem to be playing without a full deck: with poison tipped daggers
(561) DM: (Regnek, 11)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 5
(569) Morti (whispering): any response from the butcher lady?
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I saw that firestrike, you will die for that"
whispering to Popsicle Tree, sorry if the screening process is like this, I've had too many encounters with ppl who can't commit or are flakes and I HATE recruiting
** (604) Regnak sees what Firestrike is doing,pays them back in kind and whips out the axe to strike rainur's would-be attacker as I start to rage **
(604) Regnak: [1d20+8] -> [17,8] = (25)
(604) Regnak: (I presume that's a hit?)
(561) Kreeshka: Hrm...(chewing on a slice of ham)...oh, you mean that filthy young'un. Hangin' around the priest with the dirty robes. Yaz. Ya know 'im?
(561) DM: (You presume correctly. lol)
(604) Regnak (whispering): actually, I most likely would've started raging the second i heard that vile insult
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): I'm a DM myself, so I think I'll stick around for 10:30... unless something comes up?
(604) Regnak: [1d8+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
** (569) Morti scratches his head..."Uh... I guess so... did he come through here?" **
(561) Suras: Ho, there, brother! I do not doubt your prowess now!!! (drops his hand)
whispering to Popsicle Tree, very good
** (561) Suras backs off, waving his hand **
(576) Veav (exit): 19:45
(576) Veav (enter): 19:45
(576) Veav (exit): 19:45
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade is enraged and under his birthsign **
** (577) Trayn will locate Robak and Tremaine if he can **
** (561) Suras winces as the axe slices off a piece of flesh. **
(561) DM: The half-orc is frantically whispering in the priest's ear, off to the side, deep in the shadows but faintly discernible in the light of the tavern. (The priest, Tremaine, is a human man, about six feet high, bald headed with dingy white robes.)
(561) DM: Tremaine responds dully, allowing himself to be pulled to his feet by the half-orc, only to slump forward.
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade 's veigns start to course **
** (561) Suras glances to his side, and runs to the rear of the tavern, leaving the melee. (aoo, Rainur and Regnek) **
(604) Regnak: [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
(561) DM: His clansmate does likewise.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Give chase"
(604) Regnak: (whoops..28 ..lol still a hit :P )
(604) Regnak: [1d8+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(561) DM: (roll for crit)
** (604) Regnak goes to chase him down"Using poison you COWARD!" **
(604) Regnak: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
(561) Kreeshka: You can enter if'n you want. (snort) Just be sure to avoid th' brawl if'n ya don't wan ta get hit.
(604) Regnak: lol crit
(577) Trayn : (does Trayn see this exchange?)
whispering to Trayn , Spot
(604) Regnak: think Imight not have to chase him after all... lol
(577) Trayn :

Spot

[1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)


** (577) Trayn enters if he does and makes a beeline for Robak and Tremaine **
** (569) Morti gives a hurried bow and offers hastily, "Thank you, ma'am." Then he heads in the back door, seeking out Robak, and trying to stay unseen **
(569) Morti: Hide Skill Check: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(561) DM: Suras falls to the ground, mortally wounded. His clansman flees. The rest of the barbarians cease as soon as weapons are drawn and mutter angrily
whispering to Trayn , oh yes
** (604) Regnak gives chase after his clansman **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Coward fighting with a dagger and poison!"
(561) DM: heh. (Morti, Reflex, to avoid running into a fleeing barbarian)
(604) Regnak: (and the one giving chase)
(620) Kyla (enter): 19:52
(569) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(561) DM: You (Morti) hear sounds of running feet with others in pursuit, coming towards you.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (620) Kyla...
(569) Morti: (I'm the 2 man)
(561) DM: (LOL, look who's here.)
(569) Morti: (hey Kyla)
(604) Regnak: "Rainur ..I'll race you for him"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: ((Rainur has to kill someone...he is in juice mode LOL))
(620) Kyla (whispering): sorry for being late, have one moe coutr date thursday, then will be able to fix schedual around teh game, and be a better player.
** (604) Regnak breaks into a grin as the man falls and gives chase to the cowardly dog from Firestrike **
(561) DM: A tall, sweaty fur clad human man throws open the door ahead of you (Morti) and rushes into the room, straight into you.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [4,1] = (5)
(561) DM: You crash into each other.
whispering to Kyla, np
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does that let me nail him? LOL
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yep
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "COWARD!"
(561) DM: (relax Mike (Kyla), they're in a brawl atm.)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
** (569) Morti groans painfully as he's knocked to the ground. Looking up to his new Mack truck of a buddy, the odd boy rubs his head issuing only a wheezed, "Ooowoww..." **
** (604) Regnak laughs, not having to completely enter rage and being able to easily destroy these weak-muscled fools **
(569) Morti: (shall I roll init?)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): do I hit him?
** (561) Mhrinash whips around and seizes his hairnet, which uncoils into a garrote, and lunges for Rainur but is brought short by sword blows. **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you need to ask? lol
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, one hit
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d4+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d4+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, 1 hit, Rainur
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 22 pts with fists
(561) Mhrinash: 10 damage, not 22.
(561) DM: (strike that. lol)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: ten permanent with fists including penalty
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will rip your throuat out!"
** (561) Mhrinash swerves but doesn't quite make it as Rainur's fists crash into his face and chest. He tries to whip his arms around as if to seize the barbarian by the neck in a strangling motion, however. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [Bad dice format] - [1d20=2]
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(561) DM: ...and misses.
(561) DM: (6, Rainur)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Have some more!"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+8] -> [10,8] = (18)
(561) DM: (Meanwhile, Trayn?)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): hit?
(561) DM: (both hit)
** (577) Trayn makes his way torward Tremaine **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d4+8] -> [1,8] = (9)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d4+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
(604) Regnak (whispering): whoa..Rainur got 2 sets of attacks on him to my none? wowser..
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 19
** (561) Robak looks up and blanches in terror as Trayn approaches. **
(604) Regnak (whispering): gives praise to the warfather
whispering to Regnak, fists
(577) Trayn : "Robak... you probably should leave"
(604) Regnak (whispering): (still gives praise :P
(561) Robak: You...you...lied!!!!
(577) Trayn : "no I never lied to you"
(561) Robak: You not priest. Dis iz priest. (cringes)
(577) Trayn : "yet again you are mistaken"
(577) Trayn : "but your wits aren't too sharp"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "You bastard son of evil...take this!"
(577) Trayn : "I will admit to taking advantage of that fact"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "ARGGG!!!"
(561) Robak: But...but....you and Xavick...
** (561) Robak moans in agony. **
(577) Trayn : "Xavick... is no more"
(569) Morti: (what's my condition with the barbarian?)
(577) Trayn : "so fear not retrobution from him"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: ((none of you have ever seen rainur this juiced up))
(561) Robak: We hab to leave now!!! (shaking Tremaine who seems in a drunken stupor)
(577) Trayn : "Robak... you will leave him to me"
** (561) Robak drops Tremaine like a sack of wet potatoes and steps back from Trayn, shaking. **
(577) Trayn : "or suffer my wrath.... the" he stops as Tremain is dropped
** (561) Mhrinash drops to the ground, unconscious. **
(577) Trayn : "I believe you were leaving...."
(561) Robak: Ug, ug....I be gone.
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade continues to beat on him with anger **
(561) Robak: Nub follow me! (turns tail and flees the tavern)
(577) Trayn : "and Robak... think about being good... your ways need to change"
(577) Trayn : "now begone with you"
** (604) Regnak goes to cleave his head open with the blade of my axe **
(637) dicemistress (enter): 20:05
(637) dicemistress (exit): 20:05
(604) Regnak: [1d20+8] -> [12,8] = (20)
(604) Regnak: [1d8+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
** (561) Kreeshka enters the kitchen with a platter of roast ham and stops seeing the carnage. **
(561) Kreeshka: 'Eh!
** (577) Trayn picks Tremaine off the ground and sets him upright **
(604) Regnak: "Gah! Coward..Firestrike no good you die!"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): what the hell is he doing...just said I am pummeling him
** (561) Kreeshka steps back outside. "I tink I'll leave just a minute now." **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, he's crazy that's what. lol
(569) Morti: (can I act? or am I considered out of it from the barbarian run in still?)
** (604) Regnak plants a foot on the dog's chest as he pulls the blade free **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): but I'm onmhim beeting the crap out of him, now I will have to do a reflex roll
** (577) Trayn then takes his obvious weaponry (disarming him not stealing from him) **
(577) Trayn : ((that will take a few rounds perhaps))
** (561) Mhrinash dies. **
(561) DM: ((coming to now.))
(604) Regnak: "He try poison you"
(561) DM: (k, T.)
** (604) Regnak is shaking,muscles twitching in anger **
** (604) Regnak spits on the dog **
(561) DM: (please bring Kyla's player up to speed so I can have her pop out of PC limbo.)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: ::turns to Regnak:: "I had him...you nearly cut my head off!"
(604) Regnak: "You ok , Rainur? Good thing me here, me take them down big and fast fast" (said with a glint of happiness in his eye as he says the taking them down part)
(604) Regnak: "No Rainur, me no kill clansmen; I miss you on purpose!"
(561) DM: (Mike, you can be Je'rar now. He would probably have joined the battle but didn't notice either of you give chase.)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "
(604) Regnak: "See him? That's what Firestrike deserves..all of them dogs, those cowards. Fools !"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: HE WAS DOWN Regnak, I had slain him with my fists!"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What the-"
(604) Regnak: "I keep him down.. he no try that again"
(561) Regnak: Well, he's down now and not coming back! (grins)
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade shakes head **
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane walks up to see what the heck is going on **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah well, uh...good job"
(561) Tremaine: Who ar....you?
(561) Tremaine: (to Trayn)
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Trayn?Morti? What's going on guys?"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Where's Rainur?"
(577) Trayn : "I am Trayn of Solnor..."
(561) DM: His breath slurs. A tarnished symbol of Solnor swings out from under his robes.
(569) Morti: (Morti is not with y'all)
(561) DM: His weapons don't seem to be in good condition and he was travelling light.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn, Morti, are ye all right?"
(577) Trayn : "i am fine"
(577) Trayn : "I didnt join in this foolishness after all"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I see that Morti you were again valiant"
(561) Tremaine: Where'sssssss my servant?
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade walks over to Tremaine and Trayn **
** (561) Tremaine raises his head blearily and glares at Trayn. **
** (569) Morti rolls about, outside behind the tavern, after his head on collision, trying to regain his composure **
(577) Trayn : "Robak... I dismissed him"
(577) Trayn : "or the other one.. he fled with Robak"
** (561) Tremaine reaches for his mace, only to realize that it's gone. "Where did you put it?!? Thieves!" **
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane eyes Rainur out,then sees regnak, and suddenly has an idea of what happened **
(577) Trayn : "I have it right here"
(577) Trayn : "it is still yours"
(561) Tremaine: Give it back to me! By Solnor, I should rip your head from your hands!
(577) Trayn : "I just didnt want you using it upon me"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Je'rar, it is a matter of honor"
** (577) Trayn loses his temper... the first time anyone has (here) **
(577) Trayn : "BY SOLNOR I SHOULD STRIKE YOU DOWN WHERE YOU STAND!"
(569) Morti: (can I get up now? and is the barbarian I ran into still here?)
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I see... well, I guess as long as the... two of you .. are alright.." :shakes his head and just..well, just shakes his head::
(577) Trayn : "Use not his glorious name unless you intend to honor it"
(561) DM: The room seems to have gone back to normal, for a tavern filled with barbarians. The other warriors give Rainur and Je'rar bows of respect, staying well away from Regnak, who grins idiotically despite the fact that everyone gives him a wide berth.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye" ::puts hand on Tremaine's shoulder
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane seeing Trayn angry for the first time he can remebner,strides over **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur will intimidate the priest, if his appearance right now has not
(561) DM: You (Rainur) recognize Xyria, a swordmistress, one of only four in your clan who has mastered the art of sword dancing and who is NOT a priestess of the War Father.
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What happened Trayn? I never see you get mad like this before"
(561) DM: The other female is unknown to you. She seems to be younger than Xyria.
(577) Trayn : "Hand over your symbol... I shall not have you wearing it"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [13,10] = (23)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 23 on the priest
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do as he says"
whispering to Morti, you can get up now. lol
(620) Kyla (whispering): I'm as caught up as I can reasonably get all drugged up. had a root canal,a nd tooth aextraction yesterday, on codine now, so no hurry with geting me in the game. I'm happy to watch the pretty colors on the screen. heh
(577) Trayn : "Should you repent and repair the things you have done... it could be returned to you"
** (577) Trayn was intending to ignore the others but needs to address them **
(577) Trayn : "Rainur.. Je'rar"
** (561) Tremaine makes no move to hand over his holy symbol for a moment, and then does so, reluctantly and angrily. **
** (569) Morti gets to his feet rather groggy and stumbels into the tavern to find a seat, "Ooooohhh... I think I hit something..." **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Yes Trayn?"
(577) Trayn : "Please let me handle this... its church business"
(561) DM: He rips it off from his neck and throws it at Trayn
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Oh.. well.. ok"
** (577) Trayn glares at Tremaine **
(561) Tremaine: Fine. I had no use for it anyway.
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane looks at the other guy **
(577) Trayn : "I see... reclaiming it is not in your heart"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, I honor your request...should you need me, please call"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Treat him with resp[ect; although his views are different from mine, he is still my friend"
(577) Trayn : "no... Solnor has no more use for you"
** (577) Trayn nods his thanks to Rainur **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "So, Xyria, it is good to see ye"
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to help Morti up and about **
(561) Tremaine: Why should I reclaim something that is only fit for a pawnshop? I might as well be a warrior.
(561) Tremaine: (sulk) Where's my goblet? A drink, a drink, the Light for a drink!!!
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane strides to the bar,gets two ales,and has a seat with Morti,offering him one **
** (561) Tremaine gets up and sits back on the bench. (mutters) "Where did Robak go? I'll beat him senseless I will." **
(577) Trayn : "it should be the most valuable thing you own... yet you just tossed it away like garbage"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are looking good and strong, what brinks ye to this place?"
** (569) Morti jumps a bit at Jer'ar's touch and takes a moment to focus his eyes on the ranger before giving him a lopsided grin and taking the ale. "Thanks, Jer'ar" **
(560) Popsicle Tree (exit): 20:22
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "You're welcome , Morti"
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade gives her a warrior's hug **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Heer's to yet another fun and exciting day,hm?"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: *here's
** (577) Trayn isnt sure that Tremaine has broken any actual laws other than church doctrine **
(561) Tremaine: What can I do for you, now that you have me?
** (569) Morti draws down his scarf a bit and takes a sip of the ale. Swirling it in his mouth, the bitter alcoholic taste quickly makes him spit it up coughing. "Hack...hugeck....cuphff... thaz nod zider..." **
(561) Tremaine: (sulking)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, thank you for stopping him, a brave feat indeed"
(577) Trayn : "speak not of yourself as a Solnorite... Tremaine the Fallen"
(569) Morti: :still hacking a bit: "Hyeck.... huk.. stuh-stop hoo now?"
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane pats Morti on the back as he sputters **
(560) Popsicle Tree (enter): 20:25
(577) Trayn (whispering): im not sure he has broken any laws so thats about it from Trayn
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Morti? You mean you actually took part in melee?"
whispering to Popsicle Tree, a philosophy based game isn't very appealing to many players but that's how I screen 95% of the ppl in the first place
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is this yer sister? I see following in your elder's footsteps"
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane looks on at him in disbelief **
(569) Morti: (caution.... alcohol and possible concussions do not mix well)
whispering to Popsicle Tree, if you made it past that, then there's hope for you yet. lol
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: (actually, speaking from personal experience,yes, yes they do)
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): I wasn't really paying attention to the game
whispering to Trayn , k
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come here Morti..."
(577) Trayn : "consider yourself just a warrior now.. here is your weapon"
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): I am willing to show much effort in search of a good RP game
(620) Kyla: ((lol))
whispering to Popsicle Tree, oh, thought you read the thread. lol ok
** (577) Trayn gives it back to him.... for a moment he is tempted to strike him with it but he masters himself **
** (569) Morti lets out one last weak cough then turns his head sideways in confusion of Jer'ar's question, "I did... all I remember is coming through the door... then there was a loud banging sound. **
(561) Xyrisa: Ah, Rainur. Long has it been since we have seen you and laid eyes on the blood of the War Father
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye that was you heroicly stopping my opponent"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Ah.. I see.." *looks at Rainur in askance*
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): what's the thread name again?
(561) Xyrisa: Please meet my daughter, Akaela. She has not yet walked the fire of the War Father, but she shall in two cycles of the three moons.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "That should make you feel better"
(560) Popsicle Tree (whispering): uh nevermind, I don't know 3.5... only 3
(560) Popsicle Tree (exit): 20:28
** (569) Morti blinks a bit seeming to straighten up as Rainur touches his shoulder. "Um... ok... if you say so.." **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well tis a blessing to meet ye. May the War Father give ye strength and sense of purpose"
(577) Trayn (whispering): id give him the Mark of Justice but im not 9th level!
** (569) Morti looks to the clansmen and leans over the table to ask Jer'ar, "Who're they?" **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "May ye have a steady sword and always know right from wrong"
(577) Trayn (whispering): 5th level cleric spell
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): that was a blessing over her
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I'm not entitrely sure, but they are obviously friends of Rainur,and therefore are friends of mine"
(561) DM: (If Je'rar is from Swiftblade, then you would know them)
** (577) Trayn will search for a clean rag (and fail) for a bit **
** (561) Xyrisa smiles at the receipt of the blessing. **
** (577) Trayn will then clean the symbol with his own sleeve **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "You must meet Je'rar of the Ulutaari Ogre
(569) Morti: "Oh..." :gives a nod to Jer'ar then stands and walks over to greet the Swiftblade members: "Hello, I'm Morti. You're all friends of Master Rainur too?"
(561) Tremaine: Well, I was to meet a mage named Xavick. The bugger never showed.
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane stands up upon hearing his name mentioned **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is Morti, a friend as well"
(561) Tremaine: My lady will be most displeased.
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane looks at them, and bows **
** (577) Trayn turns back to Tremaine... "Xavick is dead" **
(561) Xyrisa: A pleasure to meet you, Je'rar of the Ogrebane. A friend of Rainur is a friend of my own.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "They are of my clan , bloodmates, warriors, family"
(577) Trayn : ((did we "free the slaves"?))
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Rainur is not just my friend; he is my blood-brother"
(561) DM: ((no, you haven't))
(569) Morti: :eyes perk at the last word: "Family? Really? How are y'all related?"
(577) Trayn : "you will have to find another use for your Red Coins"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is of the path of the War Father"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Never have I met a man I'd more gladly have by my side as I stared into the face of danger and ruination"
(561) Tremaine: What do you know of the red gold, human?
** (561) Tremaine catches his hand and clamps it to his mouth. **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye,rainur, but also by this" ::shows them the thin outline of the scar frormed by the blood-oath
(577) Trayn : ((their Uncle is really their Father... that type of West Virginia action))
(577) Trayn : : )
(561) DM: His eyes grow to slits as he sits down, staring at Trayn warily.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye and he has served the War Father well"
(569) Morti: (If you're family tree never forks.... ya might be a Swiftblade)
(577) Trayn : "I know it has power over people"
** (577) Trayn gets curious **
(571) Preach (whispering): gah! my screen froze and I missed like half of what happed. It froze at the end of the fight. What happened since then?
whispering to Trayn , he's human
(577) Trayn : "Is that how it turned you?"
whispering to Preach, lol
whispering to Preach, lots of RPing
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Regnak is also family, although he has been a little dangerous to live among us"
(577) Trayn (whispering): yeah that was a bit strange... was that a slip or intentional?
(569) Morti: (If your richest relative buys a new house and you help him take the wheels off it... ya might be a Swiftblade)
whispering to Trayn , =)
(561) Tremaine: You shall not get anything from me.
(577) Trayn (whispering): i noticed it... i was just going to ignore it
(577) Trayn : "I seek nothing from you... other than which I have already gotten"
(561) Tremaine: Good, then I can leave, right?
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: (if you slice off your enemie's haead,place it in your backpack,and say it came with the purchase of every backpack, you might be a swiftblade :P )
whispering to Trayn , Spot
(569) Morti: "Really?" :smiles wide to Regnek, and mutters lowly to Rainur: "Dangerous how?"
(577) Trayn (whispering):

Spot

[1d20+5] -> [12,5] = (17)


(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hehe..dangerous,perhaps, but you've got to admit, he certainly does have his uses,hm?"
whispering to Trayn , his pupils are slits. not at all human like.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "see that axe... well, I speak no more except that he needs to control it"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well ladies, so why are ye here?"
(577) Trayn : "wait.....you... you are not human..."
(569) Morti: "Heh.... really?" :steps back a bit from Regnek:
(577) Trayn : "your eyes... they are wrong"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "And why did those firestrike attack thee?
(620) Kyla: ((hey now, I think his coead count is proof that he has pretty dam good controll of it....))
** (569) Morti looks back over to Trayn **
(577) Trayn : "you are probably not even Tremaine.."
(561) Xyrisa: We were just travelling through. I have decided to take my daughter to see the world before her rite of succession, so as to help her make her decision...as to be a warrior in service to the clan, or to be an adventurer.
(561) Xyrisa: She is a wild thing, and best left untamed. (chuckles)
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: (was that directed at regnak,rainur?)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, well, there is a place for all ::taking his priestly stance::
** (561) Regnak uses the tablecloth as he lovingly wipes the gore and entrails from the blade of his axe, much to the disgust of a few dwarves. **
(561) DM: (to Rainur)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I know ye will teach her well"
(577) Trayn : "you initially decieved me... but no longer... reveil yourself!"
** (569) Morti lulls his head in thought. "Well, I've been in service, though not as a warrior, though I think adventuring's more fun, you get to go around and see all kinds of stuff... not all of it good though..." :souring as he recalls: **
(561) Regnak: They questioned me and my skills! And they are dead now! (grins)
(571) Preach (whispering): nothing really important then? Cus I wouldnt know aout it anwyays
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "So, I do have a question, among your travels, have ye seen any ...wait I sense trouble"
** (561) Tremaine does nothing. **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye Morti...not all of life is fun and games, but still .. life is life,and yuo've got to make the most out of whatever you've got"
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade walks over to Trayn **
** (569) Morti continues to look back to Tryan **
whispering to Preach, well its important, just not to you lol
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is there a problem here Trayn?"
(560) Popsicle Tree (enter): 20:42
(577) Trayn : "yes...at least in one way"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "How so?"
(561) Tremaine: Very well, human.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, spot
(577) Trayn : "he masquerades as a human...and is not one"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+4] -> [19,4] = (23)
(560) Popsicle Tree (exit): 20:43
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, his tongue is forked and his eyes are slits
(669) Popsicle Tree (enter): 20:43
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 23
** (569) Morti strolls over after Rainur, watching the ex-priests acts **
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade draws his daggers **
(561) Tremaine: Since you know all about the red gold and who we are, then I shall not stop you. But my mistress will. (laughs, running his forked tongue over his lips)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are a snake man
(571) Preach (whispering): lol ok good
(561) Tremaine: And what of it?
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane walks up to Trayn **
(561) Tremaine: I have broken no laws. You have no proof. (grins maliciously)
(569) Morti: "Mistress?.... Yith'seh..ser...saa.... what ever her name is ya mean?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Where I am from, they are killed on sight...nothing but evil"
** (561) Tremaine glares at Morti. "Speak NOT her name and befoul it, human scum!" **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Should we kill him then? Turn him over to the Magister? I mean, this.. (looks at the snake man with contempt) simply will not do"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does rainur recognize the name origin?
(671) Popsicle Tree (enter): 20:45
(561) Tremaine: Turn me over to whom? I am simply a man, sitting here, in need of drink.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, Mel'Cendian you think
** (569) Morti glares back in annoyance, "You're that filthy and drunken and you call me scum?" **
(669) Popsicle Tree (exit): 20:46
(672) Popsicle Tree (enter): 20:46
** (577) Trayn says nothing **
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane shoots the guy a mean look **
(561) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(671) Popsicle Tree' from room...
(671) Popsicle Tree (exit): 20:46
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "DWatch who yuo go calling scum"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is your decision TRayn...but I would slay him where he stands"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: *Watch; you
(561) Tremaine: If you are not going to "turn me over", then free me and I shall be on my way, never to bother you again.
(569) Morti: "Yeah right..."
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, not likely"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Nay... I think not"
(561) Tremaine: You are a priest of the Light, a lawful god. Do with me what you will. (smirks)
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "If you be a friend of xavixk, then you are a "man" not to be trusted by any means"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: *Xavick
(569) Morti: "We know you're involved with the Red Gold and the slave trades, and the snake cult. I'm sure we could still track down Robak to corroborate the story"
(561) Tremaine: Oh, I forgot. There are no priests of Solnor in Highkeep. Because of the Tempest. (smirks)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am not...Ye are evil, and it is my job to slay thee!"
(577) Trayn : and then taunts him "You who defiles the name of my god and you get irked at us saying your Mistresses name"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): dammit, I just can't type tonight :P
(569) Morti: :leans over and whispers to Rainur: "Ya didn't kill Robak while I was out, didja?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Nay"
(561) Tremaine: Then slay me. But I shall not help you, humans. Fit only for food you are.
(577) Trayn : "You have done no wrong.. but to my ears... whatever your name is"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn, I can stan this no ;longer"
(569) Morti: "Nah.. I'm all bone and grizzle..."
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): coup de gras
(577) Trayn : "Though I fear you have killed the real Tremaine of Solnor... have you?"
** (569) Morti takes out a scroll from his pocket reading back over it and pronouncing proudly, "Ah Yith'sehta... where can we find her, please?" **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Maybe we should cook and then eat you, snake man"
** (561) Xyrisa turns back to Rainur, as she spots him in conversation with the group, then turns back to her friends. **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, roll
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane holds a hand up to Regnak,not wanting him to think it an order **
(577) Trayn : "Murdered him and taken his name to work for Yith'sehta's goals?"
(577) Trayn : "To buy slaves with your evil red gold.."
(561) Tremaine: The real Tremaine is now a slave to my dark mistress, may she reign for another thousand years! (smiles)
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade gets his dagger in position for a coup de gras **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: " Ok.. I think I've ahd about all I can take outo f you..."
(577) Trayn : "at best she shall reign for a thousand days"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ney, I will handle this"
(561) Tremaine: It's quite a wonderful plot really. We make red gold and trade it for slaves who become our food and material for more gold. (smiles)
(577) Trayn : "and even that will be too long"
(672) Popsicle Tree (exit): 20:52
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: presses the cold steel to the snake man's neck
** (569) Morti scratches his head and thinks over the last words of the snakeman "thousand years?" **
(577) Trayn : "the flesh... your food... the blood... the tainting of the gold"
** (561) Rhian Aes Sedai enters the room and looks around, then comes over to you. **
(577) Trayn : "you don't know how much that sickens me"
(569) Morti: :shrugs: "Think Almeena will be done with you much soner than a thousand years." :with that he carelessly strolls away:
(561) Rhian Aes Sedai: So, you found him, the fallen priest.
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane gets to his feet in a hurry,and scouts the room for any threats to her person **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is a snake man"
(561) Rhian Aes Sedai: A yuan-ti?
(577) Trayn : "yes... but he is not what he looks like... mostly"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye"
** (569) Morti heads over to the bar to talk more with the Swiftblade memebers **
(577) Trayn : ((would we know that?))
(620) Kyla (whispering): dumping me in here might be interesting, but could cause excessive in fighting with the party. I'd protect the snake man from harm from the party that seemss intent to kill him.
** (561) Rhian Aes Sedai peers at Tremaine **
whispering to Kyla, lol
whispering to Kyla, you don't know a lot actually
(556) Tarl (enter): 20:55
(556) Tarl (exit): 20:55
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I believe that is what they are called"
(561) DM: ((you might not know it, but Rainur has heard of them and apparently Rhian does))
(569) Morti: (roll a check to see if I know of them?)
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade draws a spot of blood from his neck "I will be quick" **
(577) Trayn : "IT pretends to be human... taking the name of Tremaine to purchase the slaves"
(561) Rhian Aes Sedai: I see.
whispering to Morti, k
** (561) Rhian Aes Sedai nods **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Rhian, I am going to slay it"
whispering to Morti, roll
(569) Morti (whispering): intelegence or arcana?
whispering to Morti, arcana
(569) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [4,10] = (14)
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Wait,Rainur"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do you have any more use for this Rhian?"
(620) Kyla (whispering): I know, this would be based on the assumend knowledge that he didn't commit a crime here. Reainur isn't the law here, and there are people here that are the law, and the snake should be turned in to them unharmed, if the party believes he's such an evil jerk. to kill him fcause his trace tends to be evil in a town where there is law is nothing more than an excuse to murder. I would try to stop that.
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Rhian...would it be best if we took it prisoner,maybe for the Magister or send it to the tower for interrogation?"
(561) Rhian Aes Sedai: No. But before you do such a thing, consider where we are and what you are about to do.
** (569) Morti strolls to the bar after his cryptic messge of Almeena and hapily joins the Swiftblades, "Hello again: **
whispering to Kyla, of course you would
(681) Fyrebourne (enter): 20:58
whispering to Kyla, but you don't know half of it. lol
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye.. outside the city gates would be best"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well I will do as Trayn desires...if I were along it would be dead!"
whispering to Kyla, which is why I'm about to turn you loose.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: alone
(561) Rhian Aes Sedai: There are some of you who see things differently, of course. Such as her. (points to Kyla, who peers into the doorway)
(685) 100% Heimdall (enter): 20:59
(685) 100% Heimdall (exit): 20:59
(685) 100% Heimdall (enter): 20:59
(685) 100% Heimdall (exit): 20:59
(620) Kyla (whispering): was just warning you of my immediate reaction, adn the friction it will cause if released here, and now. I like being disruptive occasionally, but then didn't know the current plot, so it might be bad timeing.
whispering to Kyla, I'm fine with it
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye have the right trayn as a representative of both the king and Solnor to execute him...I will do as you ask"
(571) Preach (whispering): So...do you think that I will be in?
whispering to Preach, do you like it?
whispering to Preach, more to the point, can you commit to the time commitment?
(681) Fyrebourne (exit): 21:01
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane looks up, ses kyla,and walks over to her **
(620) Kyla: "Hey guys, what's been happ.... ANOTHER EXECUTION!!!!!!!??????"
(571) Preach (whispering): very interesting. I like home brewed worlds alot and this is a good one. Well my dad likes to go on at 9:30 most nights but I might eb able to make him get on at ten
(577) Trayn : "no"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hey there... I thought we lost you; are you well?"
(577) Trayn : "I can only say for sure it has commited a small crime"
whispering to Preach, then send me an e-mail at [email protected] and we can talk some more
(577) Trayn : "and for that... justice would not recommend death"
whispering to Preach, I'll be online late tonight if you want to go late
** (577) Trayn had been thinking in thought **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is a Yuan-ti responsible for trading in red gold and impersonating a priest of Solnor
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "umm Trayn, I don't know how you can call murder and slavery small"
(571) Preach (whispering): I can be on all night
(620) Kyla: "I thought I was, but then I leave you after you murde.... Er, Execute one prisioner, and when I get aback, you're talking about another one. What's going on here?"
(571) Preach (whispering): you got AIM?
whispering to Preach, yes
(561) TaliesinNYC: send me an IM
(577) Trayn : "in this city...those things are more or less legal"
(561) TaliesinNYC: (strike that)
whispering to Preach, send me an IM lol
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I think rainur and Trayn can explain it best.. "
(571) Preach (whispering): my s/n im EternalPrimate88
(577) Trayn : "but it shall come with us.. until I find the real Tremaine and return his property"
** (569) Morti stands at the bar ignoring the prisoner discussion as he begins to chat with Rainur's family about the war priest tryin to teach him to fight and asking about their home **
** (561) Tremaine giggles at that **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well , that is perhaps not a good idea but I shall honor your wishes"
(561) Xyrisa: Child, Rainur is not my brother. (smiles)
(561) Xyrisa: He is a famous individual of our clan who has chosen to see the world and determine if he is fit to serve the Father.
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "wait Rainur.. hey Trayn? Then we kill him,right?"
(620) Kyla: "Jerar, that might be a good idea, I'm starting to wory about the choices that have been going on with this group."
(561) Xyrisa: There are some in our clan who think that he is fit to rule, and there are those who see him as dangerous to the old ways.
(620) Kyla: "NO. No one is killing anyone here."
(569) Morti: "Oh...." :nods in understanding of her explanation, yet persists: "Cousin? aunt? niece? fiance?"
** (620) Kyla looks around **
(561) Xyrisa: To me, he is simply Rainur Twinsword, a servant of the Father.
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: (brb..gotta help bring laundry up)
(561) Xyrisa: He is an elder of our clan. (smiles)
(569) Morti: "I didn't know he was that old..."
(569) Morti: :whispers to Xyrisa: "Is he related to the Sir axe-happy over there?" :gesturing discretely to Regnek:
(577) Trayn : "Kyla is right... there is no killing"
** (561) Akaela giggles at Morti **
(577) Trayn : "just justice..."
(620) Kyla (whispering): well that took all the fun out of it.....
(561) Akaela: Aye, he is. Well, Regnak is related to us all, except he left.
(561) Xyrisa: (smiles sadly at Regnak)
** (561) Regnak cuts into a chunk of ham and eats contentedly, oblivious to his surrroundings. **
** (569) Morti scratches his itchy head through his scarf as he tries to figure something out... "How could HE be related to both of you, but you not be related to Rainur?" **
(561) DM: Every so often, he talks to his axe.
(561) Xyrisa: Well, he is and he isn't. Regnak is of our clan but he, as my daughter says, left. He is not related to me, but he is a clansman.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I yield to yer decision Trayn...it is your matter"
(620) Kyla: "....." *confused look* "...good."
whispering to Kyla, heh. well I didn't do anything. lol
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "It was a church matter Kyla"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will leave it at that"
(577) Trayn : "and still is until I find the real Tremaine"
(577) Trayn : "what is your name Snake... so I know what to call you"
(620) Kyla: "...Hmmmm, nd it didn't result in a bloody war. I'm proud of you."
(577) Trayn : "I tire of sullying Tremaines name"
(569) Morti: "Eh?" :me looks blatantly confused and shakes off the topic.: "Well, anyway, like I said, I've been an adventurer... what's it like being a clan warrior?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn now is responsible for any evil done by this Yuan-ti scum from this day forward"
(561) Tremaine: Shan-Che, if you must know, human.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "The burden will rest on his shoulders. We have no fate but the gate we are given"
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade walks away from this conversation and goes back to the lady clan members **
** (561) Xyrisa smiles broadly. "It is being one with the War Father, and feeling his power course through your veins as you charge into battle!" **
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane drinks down the last of his mug **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye a glorious feeling indeed! " as he saunters into the conversation
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane raises his empty mug to that **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): cases the bar
** (569) Morti scratches at his arm as he listens and replies thoughtfully, "Eh... I don't really like to fight... but I guess it must be nice ... that one with the War Father and all. What's he like any way? Rainur's talks about him a lot, but I've never met him." :still not completely understanding religion: **
(561) TaliesinNYC: brb 10 min
(569) Morti: "I'm guessing he's really big and tough like Rainur, right? He at least bathes though, right?"
(569) Morti: "And how come that isn't a merit followed by his priests?"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Mor"haha Morti.. very funny"
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane sniffs his pits **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hmm.. on that note.. I'll be right back"
(569) Morti: "Eh?" :glances to Jer'ar confused in his own seriousness:
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to get himself cleaned up **
(561) Xyrisa: Hm, well he is the lord of all battle, and we are his people.
(561) Xyrisa: What do you think, Akaela?
(577) Trayn : "well... lets think about getting out of here"
(721) Kayu (enter): 21:24
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: Where do we go with this lizard man?
(721) Kayu (exit): 21:24
(561) Akaela: He is the storm that rages across the plains that turns the tide of our enemies as they flee before us. (smiles mischievously)
(569) Morti: "Yeah, I know that, I know that... but what's he like? Is he a nice guy? Loud and bragging and quite and thoughtful? Does he have a nickname to his friends? what's his favorite food?"
(561) Xyrisa: Well said, my daughter. (chuckles)
(561) Xyrisa: (chuckles at Morti's comment)
(561) Xyrisa: The War Father is our god, Morti.
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I say we bind his arms,lead him out of the city,tie him to a stone,and drop him off a cliff onto many many sharp rocks.. I hate slavers, make no mistakes about that,and they deserve the harshest death available"
(569) Morti: "Does he let strangers into his home to rest in shelter? Could I stay over some time? Bet he has some great stories"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "IHe is much more than that young lady. He is the lord that gives us our path of good, to fight against the evil that is around us"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "He is what gives us the strength to never falter in battle"
(620) Kyla: "Why wouldn't we simply turn in this slaver to the authoritys here?"
(571) Preach (exit): 21:26
(577) Trayn : "I'm not sure they would try him"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Why Trayn.. a rare thing this is"
(620) Kyla: "You don't have any proof that he's a slaver then?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes you will be a good warrior one day!"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "We are actually in total agreement on something"
(577) Trayn : "and other things..." he says it like he doesnt want to talk about it in front of him
(561) Xyrisa: His friends are those who stand with him in battle, lordly Mitra, the lady Basht, agile Ophiras, and sometimes the mysterious Crom. Akhran sometimes is with him, sometimes without for Death is a fickle sort.
(577) Trayn : "a would be slaver"
(577) Trayn : ((thinking slavery is legal here btw))
(569) Morti: "Uh... I don't know those people... I'd probably be better off just telling the War Father that I know Rainur to get me in"
(561) Xyrisa: (smiles at Morti)
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade 's face turns red with that comment **
(620) Kyla: "So, he hasn't done anything yet..."
** (561) Shan-Che listens and smiles at Kyla, flicking his tongue in and out of his mouth with amusement. **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, that is yet to be determined by fate"
(620) Kyla: "If he ahsn't done anything, then why are we even holding him?"
(569) Morti: "Hmmm...Is it a problem that I don't like to fight? I just don't like the idea of hurting people, but I do believe in justice and doing good and all that, so he'd let me in, right?"
(561) Robak: Because he beat me...
(569) Morti: (Robak's back?)
** (561) Robak creeps up to Trayn, only to cringe as he spots Rainur and Je'rar. **
** (561) Shan-Che spots Robak and glares evilly at him **
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade excuses himself and walks over to Trayn and Kyla **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do you bear witness for this man, what has he done to you?
(620) Kyla: "If that's a problem, then you need to go to the authoritys , and let them deal with that crime. To hold him simply because he might be a slavr in the future is bth wrong, and horibly stupid."
** (569) Morti looks back to the half-orc inspecting him thoughtfully **
(561) Robak: He (pointing to Shan-Che) ib snake man. He beat me and killed my wife ud son.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well then he is accused of murder"
(561) Robak: Me take you to lair. Down near swamp. Lots of snakes and (shivers) slaves.
(620) Kyla: "Now we have a reason. I'd be happy to help jsutice be served for the murder of your wife,a dn child."
(561) Robak: (cringes at Kyla)
** (569) Morti strolls up behind Robak and puts a comforting hand on his shoulder **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): thanks!
(561) Robak: Help free dem, please pretty lady? Me sorry for before.
(620) Kyla: "What proof do you have that this man is the one responsible?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Also accusation of Slavery , illegalm in the kingdom of Wylund"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: illegal
(569) Morti: "Well.... he admitted to most of it to us..."
(620) Kyla: ((are we in the kingdom of wylund?))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: ((yes))
(561) DM: ((yes, in Highkeep))
(577) Trayn : "well that is entirely different"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: ((and Trayn is knighted as are you))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Please...I will do the honors"
(561) Robak: You killed mojoka.
(577) Trayn : "no... a trial must be held... and the city pronounce the punishment"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: " say we don't discuss what to do with him when there are tso many other ears to listen in on us"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "It will be quick and unfortunately painless
(577) Trayn : "with Robaks testimony... it will most likely mean a public execution"
(577) Trayn : "they seem to favor those here"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Trayn, he would have connections within the city; I am certain they'd set him free without any real trial whatsoever"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "But remember, money here changes everything"
(620) Kyla: "Yes, the city should be the one to hold the trial, but you might be able to persuade them to let you cary out the sentence, but first, I remember someone asking something about freeing people..."
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Exactly rainur,exactly my point"
(569) Morti: :hanging his head, comments to the Yuan-ti: "Maybe you'll get zapped with lightning bolts too""
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "HAve you ever heard of a poor slaver that was successful at his craft?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "A knight also trumps a Lord if I am not mistaken"
(620) Kyla: "You do have a point there, this city is certanly large enough to be infested with corruption."
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "This city is under the control of a lord"
(561) DM: ((actually the Lord Chancellor holds a position equal to that of Baron))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "A knight is a direct officer of the king"
(620) Kyla: "Before we go and do something stupid, adn non-reversable, I'd like to find out mroe about a passing comment about freeing someone."
(592) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): he does not know better
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Yes.. hety snakeman... where are the slaves? Tellus, and I just might be tempted to let you live"
(561) DM: ((no, but Trayn would know this))
(569) Morti: :to Kyla: "The slaves... they'll be delivered to Yith'sehta through a wayate. and apparently she already has a lot on hand as food and labor"
(577) Trayn : "yes..."
(620) Kyla: "Saveing an innocent must take priority over justice for an ill deed."
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Innocent he is not...we are their food Kyla"
(561) Shan-Che: You know about the arrangement?
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "No Rainur, we were their food"
** (569) Morti looks to the table for a moment, thinking something over. **
(620) Kyla: "And you'd have chickens be given the right to murder us simply because we eat them?"
(577) Trayn : "we shall visit this lair... Robak will show us"
(569) Morti: "Aye... slaves from Almeena for Red Gold "
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "To eat a human being and to eat an animal is not the same,kyla,and you know that"
(569) Morti: :to shanny:
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane looks at Kyla somewhat reproachfully **
** (561) Shan-Che looks down as soon as he blurts that out. **
(569) Morti: :to jer'ar: "Yes it is... to them... and the chicken has every right to peck back"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Look, if it were my decision, he dies. I do not wish to belabour the point. I will go back to the bar and drink...he has given you more proof from his own mouth ...what else do you need?
(577) Trayn : "we need not know much from Shan-Che to do this"
(577) Trayn : "and we should not carry this sentence out without a trial"
(577) Trayn : "they are both seperate..."
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "If he lives, he will warn of our freeing the slaves and have an ambush waiting for us
(577) Trayn : "we will leave immediately"
(620) Kyla: "I need proof that he murdered, or is a slaver. other wise, his people may use an unprovoked murder of one of theri citizens to start a war, adn cost both sides many lives."
(577) Trayn : "upon turning him over to the authorities"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: it is not a good battle techinqie
(569) Morti: :speaks rather pityingly to Shan-che: "It doesn't really matter in the end, Shanny. Almeena will turn on you eventually and kill your Mistress... or control her... she already has control of a lot of your members without you even knowing it... it's how she works" :honestly speaks:
(577) Trayn : "only a powerful mage will be able to catch us"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "He is a slaver; he works in league with the dead Xavuixk..that is judgement in itself.. he must be punished"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: WHAT?? YOU are mad Kyla...they are savages and kill humans and elves for pleasure!
** (577) Trayn decides to pull rank **
(577) Trayn : "this discussion is over... he is my prisoner"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "And your responsibility"
(577) Trayn : "I shall turn him over to the law to be judged"
(620) Kyla: "Not all humand eat meat, so why would it follow that all of his kind eat people? How do you know he's one of them that does?"
(577) Trayn : "and I welcome your help in doing it"
(561) Shan-Che: Who is this Almeena you speak of?
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "and if he makes a false step, rainur or I will see that its the last one he ever makes"
(577) Trayn : "but he shall not be killed.. unless he tries to escape"
** (577) Trayn nods to Je'rar **
(620) Kyla: "I totally agree with turning him over to the authoritys,a dn letting them deal with it, or possibly even dealing with it ourselves ...With proof."
(577) Trayn : "certainly"
(569) Morti: :cocks his head at Shanny's question and answers back: "She's the enchantress who Xavick worked for. The one you were trading the red gold too."
(577) Trayn : "the proof is an enspelled prisoner or witness"
(569) Morti: "Didn't you even know that?"
(577) Trayn : "testimony that can't be refuted will suffice"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bah speak to me not crazy woman... ::to Kyla::
(620) Kyla: "No. I didn't."
(561) Shan-Che: Ah. A human mage has power over us? Laughable.
(561) Shan-Che: (giggles)
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "if he stands trial, I say it not be in Highkeep where he is sure to have friends in high places"
(569) Morti: "I don't think she's human" :shakes head thinking: "A lot of people say she's some kind of demoness"
(620) Kyla: "I can agree to that"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "She is a lich as the king said"
(569) Morti: "And I know her well enough to fear her more than I fear you or yours." :voice quivers sincerely before he shakes himself back to attention:
(561) Robak: When we leabing for lair?
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I would think as soon as we deal with snakeboy over heer"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: *here
(577) Trayn : "as soon as we turn him over... lets go... get him up and hold onto him"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "hmmm.."
(561) Robak: Ug, ug. Hokay.
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane whispers to Rainur **
** (569) Morti keeps staring at the table after mentioning his former Mistress **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "pssst.. maybe we should have Regnak be in charge of chasing after snakeman if he tries to take off"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "yuan-ti , you are very lucky to have these two here...I would have killed ye...know that well!"
(561) Shan-Che: Should've slain me when you had the chance, humans. Yith'sehta will hear of this, I can assure you. (chuckles)
(569) Morti: "Doesn't matter anymore. You're people are doomed"
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane at that,gets up and takes a few steps off to ne side,motioning for Rainur to follow **
(620) Kyla: "So, what if he does? we'll jsut capture him same as you, adn put your whole race on trial."
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade is noticebly angry and dissappointed with Trayn **
(569) Morti: :with that he stands and strolls from the table heading back to the bar visibly downtrodden
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not agree with you trayn. It should die, slithering under my boot!"
** (604) Je'rar Ogrebane stands there waiting **
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hey Rainur..about that drink I owe you.." ::motions for him to come over::
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes I do need one"
(577) Trayn : "and I understand what you think Rainur... but it cannot be that way"
(561) DM: (ok, stopping in five minutes. I'll assume that the party hands over Shan-Che to the authorities, preps to go journeying, and does off-stage stuff. next session will begin outside the lair. Mike, your paladin isn't due until the end of the current scenario. New player joining the grouip next session also)
(569) Morti: (hai hai)
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: in a half a whisper: "Rainur... I think we should put regnak to good use and have him take care of our problem after we leave the city"
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade whips back around "Nay, you never will once you have seen them slay villages and eat people alive" **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will think about the good taste of my ale...Trayn you will understand if I do not accompany you to the local authorities"
(561) DM: ((Kyla's player: pls read the log and also all threads on the site pertaining to the Saturday game. you'll find a lot that you missed last session.))
(620) Kyla: ((ok))
(561) DM: ((once you do that, you'll realize that your comments wouldn't have been made this session. I won't edit them out though.))
** (569) Morti sheds the Almeena induced depression like a loose cloak with a sigh and a shrug and turns back to the Swiftblade ladies with a grin on his scarf asking happily, "How old do you have to be to join the clan service? I'm fifteen and I just became a Magus." :grins proudly at that note: **
** (577) Trayn lets Rainur rant... he knows not to add fuel to his fire **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ladies have a drink on me!"
(561) Xyrisa: Um...Rainur? Your friend wishes to walk the trial of fire, of the War Father.
(620) Kyla: ((will read them, but can't think of any reason to edit those comments, unless I knew going into the conversation that this specific lizard man was responsible.))
(569) Morti: "the wha-wah?"
(561) DM: ((in other words, Morti wants to be adopted a member of the clan))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: ::chuckles:: "He is learning, but I believe it shall not be his path"
(561) DM: ((I won't edit the comments out, but if you did read them, you'd know that this yuan-ti is in on the whole deal.))
(569) Morti: :chuckles and adds affably: "Yeah, in other words... I'd like to visit, but I don't think I could live there"
(561) DM: ((Read this log too after last session log. Dam 26 and then the thread marked "inside the silver coffer" and then Dam 27))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps you can be a guest of our clan, I am sure my cousin will not mind"
(569) Morti: "really? Can I visit the War Father's home too?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "My mother would find you...uh...amuzing"
(561) Akaela: Somehow I didn't think Morti could be a sword dancer but I could be wrong. (giggles)
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "That will be more difficult..."
(569) Morti: :peers to the younger girl: "What's a sword dancer?"
(604) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Morti...tis a most brave and honorable decision you make; I would gladly help you in support of your desire to join the ranks of the Warfather's followers,as, I'm sure, is Rainur"
(561) Regnak: Me want to go to de War Father! Yes me do!!! Sky is blue, nice bobble.
** (592) Rainur Swiftblade sips his ale **
** (561) Regnak pats his axe, then sticks his thumb in his mouth. **
(620) Kyla: "I know we don't always seem to agree superficially, but I think we could be greatly benefited if I were to be left alone with this slaver for a whiel before turning him in anywhere."
(577) Trayn : "ware how you speak"
(577) Trayn : "prostelyzing in this city.... is frowned upon"
(577) Trayn : ((and illegal to boot))
(561) Akaela: Mmmm, a sword dancer is like my mother. Well, a warrior who fights with blades in both hands while blindfolded.
(620) Kyla: "You are probibly correct that turning him in will only result ina bribe to the wrong people,a dn he'll be set free, but I believe I have a better solution."
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "A feat that is beatiful to watch!"
(569) Morti: "Swinging swords blinfolded?" :leans over to whisper to Akaela: "I thought you said Regnak was the dangerous one"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "She is one of the best Morti"
** (561) Akaela giggles like a schoolgirl. **
(569) Morti: :cocks his head curiously at her laughter and soon follows suit, not so much understanding his own joke as being pleased by her response:
(561) Xyrisa: One of the tests a sword dancer must face is to do battle in a room full of other sword dancers in the dark and emerge unscathed.
(561) Xyrisa: The War Father was with me that day, five cycles ago. (bows her head slightly)
(620) Kyla: ((now that's jsut silley. if a sword dancer fights blindfolded, then what difference does it amke if the room is light, or dark?))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "As he is still with you today"
** (569) Morti turns to Xyrisa, commenting with a quirked brow "Doesn't it seem kind of foolish to stand in a dark room with a bunch of people swinging swords around you?" **
(561) DM: ((I mean total darkness))
(569) Morti: "Even if you have it down pat, what if everyone around you is a clutz?"
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is a test Morti....as my test to best a savage beast"
(561) DM: ((even blindfolded, some light can get through a blindfold))
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "And to master all weapons known"
(561) Xyrisa: It is as much a test of your skill with a blade as a test of your faith in the god.
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
** (569) Morti can't resist and turns back to Rainur to suggest, "and in reward of your accomplishment the War Father blessed you with the body hair and stink of the beast?" **
(620) Kyla: ((lol))
(569) Morti: :back to Xyrisa: "Wouldn't that be more faith in your fellow sword dancers?"
** (561) Rhian Aes Sedai smiles slightly **
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am a man, you will be one someday as well Morti. Perhaps without hair"
(561) Xyrisa: Well, 'tis a test for them too. A test of their skill and their faith in the god.
(569) Morti: "I already don't have hair"
(569) Morti: "What does a god have to do with a bunch of people standing in darkness swinnging swords at eachother?"
(561) Xyrisa: The test for them is not to injure myself, but to refrain from injuring me.
(561) Xyrisa: (smiles a bit exasperatedly)
(569) Morti: "Uh....."
(569) Morti: "Yeah... I don't think I'm gonna try to be one of those..."
(592) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well ladies, another round?"
(620) Kyla: "Trust me Morti, Hair is not a requirement for being a man, otehrwise, apes all covered in fir would be... forget it."
(561) TaliesinNYC: (and on that note, we'll stop)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms