Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: CharlesAgils


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(351) DM: ok before we start, one thing you should know Rainur is that room 18 has two entrances -- a door into the rest of the keep and a porticullis that leads outside. if you read the log, you would know this.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): with craft skills, I can repair /reduce armor degradation,correct ?
(351) DM: in order to set the hippogriff free, you'll need to cut it loose from the tether (which btw is attached to an iron ring in the wall and it WILL attack you if you approach it)
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, yes
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, but the armor degradation only occurs if you get the associated birthsign power
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): what other choice can there possibly be then? lol The Warrior
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, rol d100 then
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, the first d100 roll was for your Fhaardi human powers which you didn't get
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): aw damn!
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: can kharna affect that any ?
(351) DM: No, Mike.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: bummer 8o( lol
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d100] -> [64] = (64)
(351) DM: and you don't want to use Karma for that, believe me. {eg}
(351) DM: ok, nix on the special sign powers.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: I' powerless?
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: damnation
(351) DM: So, if you still want to set the hippogriff free, we're going to enter combat.
(364) Morti: Question: what time is it now, in game? Would Morti be there?
(351) DM: (but this should have occurred already so I'll just assume you did set it free and you begin the session with 20 less hp than normal.)
(351) DM: It's nine hours after Bulghvus goes to sleep in a drunken stupor.
(351) DM: So does anyone need a recap?
(364) Morti: (brb)
(354) Trayn : ((dont need one personally))
(364) Morti: just for what's happened since basically in that nine hours
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur is trying to set it free and not get injured in the process
(351) DM: Mostly attending to Bulghvus, listening to him rant, etc.
(351) DM: He wakes up more or less groggily but more lucid than before which is to say, not much.
(351) DM: All of the info on the board that I posted about him should be considered IC info.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Yelling to Trayn:: "Can ye give me a hand here trayn...I do not want this beast to die here"
(364) Morti: can I suggest Rainur try on some the the griffs master's clothes, in hope the familiar scent will calm it? not sure on the habits of hippogriffs though
(351) DM: Well, Rainur, you do get injured, but in the end it's free. (take off 20 hp.)
(354) Trayn : "I can only heal you after being hurt Rainur"
(364) Morti: eh, nm
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "That was quite a struggle but at least it is free"
(354) Trayn : "the only thing i suggest is beat it down to subdue it"
(351) DM: (Alfred, this already occurred. I'm NOT going to take up game time by going over something that should have been resolved during the week)
(354) Trayn : ((ah its free free...))
(354) Trayn : ((i thought getting injured was free... as always!))
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade asks Trayn to heal him **
(387) Rift (enter): 16:55
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (387) Rift...
** (364) Morti sits in the bedroom with a collection of Vladizier's books and scrolls detailing spells and alchemical studies, having just returned from the study a while ago. He looks up to Bulghvus, "Good morning, sir." **
(387) Rift: ((shit how long ago did the game start?))
(351) DM: (20 minutes)
(364) Morti: "Er... evening..."
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ((sounds good to me stan...at least he accomplished his goal))
** (387) Rift kicks the clock STUPID PEICE OF ****! **
(387) Rift: ((i hate daylight savings, its evil!))
(351) Bulghvus: So now that you have me, what exactly do you want to do with me?
** (354) Trayn heals Rainur [1d8+4] -> [2,4] = (6) **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "First of all, take the drink from ye so ye are coherent and can load yer crossbow" ::chuckles::
(364) Morti: "Eh?" :tilting his disfigured head: "Nuttin really... but we'll give ya a ride back to the mainland if you like."
** (354) Trayn heals Rainur [1d8+4] -> [8,4] = (12) **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Where did ye say ye are from?"
(351) Bulghvus: Mmmm, well I suppose it could be worse. Thought you were all goin' ta kill me.
(387) Raevanain (whispering): so did anything happen with me sitting on the throne?
(351) Bulghvus: Highkeep. (glances at the barbarian warily)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Why would we kill ye?"
whispering to Raevanain, nope. except that the throne started humming
(351) Bulghvus: Because I served ye that poisoned ale.
(364) Morti: "Ale?"
(351) Bulghvus: And served Vladizier and Nastisha.
(351) Bulghvus: Ye were asleep on the rocks. A bit of Cragrapid hospitality. (snickers)
(387) Raevanain (whispering): am i still on the throne?
(351) Bulghvus: *ahem*
whispering to Raevanain, probably not
(387) Raevanain (whispering): bummer, sounded like it was gonna do something fun
(364) Morti: :shrugs: "Eh... a slave doesn't get to choose who he serves. I know that. Now you're free though. so try to act better on your own."
(391) Daran Ceatee (enter): 17:00
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "That was not yer doing. Ye were directed by that woman...and she met her fate"
(391) Daran Ceatee (exit): 17:00
(351) Bulghvus: I suppose. If ye need a footpad, I'm yours.
(364) Morti: "Uh... I don't think we do. But I could be wrong."
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye were forced to do so..but now ye can turn over a new leaf...so to speak...or we could just put you out of yer misery." ::chuckles::
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: He means "a thief", Morti.
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: (enters the room) May I present Je'rar of the Ulu'taari. (glances at Je'rar, smiling faintly)
(364) Morti: "Eh?" :shakes his head to Bulghvus: "No! No stealling."
(371) Snowdog (exit): 17:03
(364) Morti: "That life is what landed you here in the first place, right?"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "In my clan, a Footpad as you say, would have their hands cut off...however here in the rest of the land ye have yer uses"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "AYe..hi guys..it's nice t see you're still breathing"
(351) Bulghvus: Well that's what I do, Morti. And it's what I am. A common thief. (flatly)
** (364) Morti turns to Jer'ar, offering a genuine though flawed smile, "It's nice to see you too Jer'ar!" **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Je'rar has agreed to become my Warder, my friends. And that means that when we return to the mainland, he will be leaving you as will I.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "And this guy is?" *points to the newcomer*
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade stands stoicly all beat up and scratched but healed **
(351) Bulghvus: Bulghvus. Formerly a servant to Vladizier, your captor, now a freed man.
(364) Morti: :Turns back to Bulghvus, exasperatingly explaining: "So what? I was a common slave less than a year ago. Now I'm travelling with a group of supposedly prophesized heroes."
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "You worked for the guy I nearly died trying to help us kill?"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane looks at Blghvus with a flash of anger in his eye **
(351) Bulghvus: Well then I'm glad to join you as long as I can keep my hands. (glances at Rainur again, shoving his hands into his pockets)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well Rhian, ye have my thanks fer bringing Je'rar back"
(387) Raevanain: "apparently you did die"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane looks himself over **
(351) Bulghvus: (turns to face Je'rar, standing his ground but shaking) I didn't have a choice. It was either serve or face Nastisha's whips.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I don't feel dead"
** (364) Morti turns from Bulghvus as Rhian's words sink in. Looking to the currently angered Jer'ar he asks, "You're really leaving?" **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane gives off that familiar chuckle of his **
(387) Raevanain: "it was past tense"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Yes, he and I are leaving. I should let you say your goodbyes, as I prepare to summon the ship that shall transport us. And also to give a friend his farewell ceremony.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, Je'rar it is yer fate to be this lovely lady's Warder, may ye serve her well. I know ye will protect her well"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Yes; I have.. seen things... I cannot explain or describe; I need to go with her, Morti.. there are things I need to do,and things I need to..learn.. to understand... but know that my heart and hopes will always travel with you.. all of you"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane turns and looks long and hard at Rainur upon that last part **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to Rainur,and clasps his forearm in the warrior's manner **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "May the Warfather continue to shine his blessings upon you, my brother"
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai leaves the room, pausing to gaze at Trayn, shaking her head as she leaves, singing softly in star elven. **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "May you always remember the cool breeze of the plains pblowing through yer hair"
whispering to Raevanain, sent the lyrics of Rhian's song to you and Rainur
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Morti.. I have great faith in you; trust in yourself,and in your friends,and I am sure you will do just fine for yourself"
** (354) Trayn likes the singing **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane looks at Rainur"Thank-you, my brother" **
** (364) Morti 's head droops a bit as he hears another comrade will be departing. Standing firmly though he offers with a assurance, "Alright then, I wish you luck on your venture. I'm sure you'll keep Miss Rhian safe. " **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): language?
** (387) Raevanain stares after Rhian..a not to friendly look on his face **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, star elven
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): do you have a translation?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, sent translation
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Oh don't look so sad Morti.. I have a feeling we will see each other again.. just do me a favor,and keep yuorself alive and well,hm?"
(364) Morti: "I promise I will until...we feel the breeze of the plains through our hair together."
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Raeva..elf-friend.. why the mean face?"
(364) Morti: :stops and thinks:
(364) Morti: "Wait... I don't have hair..."
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane laughs at hearig Morti's choice of words **
(387) Raevanain: "I dont like hearing her use that language, its not right"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I see we've been rubbing off on you mMortimer Boyle.. "
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Nurali nar, nurali nar, Nurali near nin! "
(364) Morti: "Eh?"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane walks up to Trayn **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Very true Rhian, very true"
(364) Morti: :looking between Rainur and Raev: "Eh? Eh?"
** (387) Raevanain doesnt hear rainur **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "And you.. ..I know we've often seen things not so much alike, but.. I think you're alright.. try to keep these guys healthy as can be,hm? They're going to need your insight quite a bit I fear..."
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane slight chuckle **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Tomorrows - are, tomorrows - are, Tomorrows - will be - for me! "
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "There is always tomorrow Morti"
** (364) Morti gives an agreeing nod **
(354) Trayn : "farewell Je'rar"
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai throws open the double doors leading out of the throne room and walks into the courtyard, singing in star elven as she takes a silver pouch from her robe and sprinkles powdered silver and diamond dust in a circle. **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye..safe journeys,Trayn of Solnor"
(364) Morti: "Eh?"
** (364) Morti strolls to the open door, watching Rhian curiousl. **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well...enough of this sentiment..::holding back his emotions:: Be strong Je'rar and true to yer work and fight fer good"
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai chanting softly, switching to Common **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: The fallen of battle
Those struck by disease
Nothing to nothing
From death into dream.

** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane has a nearly cheshire grin on his face "As always, Raniur,as always.... **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "
** (387) Raevanain sits there sharpening his dagger **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai takes out a diamond studded silver rod from her robe and gestures, passing her right hand over the rod in a gliding motion as she presents it to the stars above and lets the moons of Andurin shine on her. **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: In dark dwarven caverns
In bright elven trees
Nothing to nothing
From death into dream

On his black sky-throne
The dead all he sees
Nothing to nothing
From death into dream

(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: There in that high place
The judgment is said
Nothing to nothing
From death into dream

For there the gone will learn
The fate of the dead
Nothing to nothing
From death into dream

To nightmare or dream
The fallen is lead.
Nothing to nothing
From death into dream.

(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Thus spoke the god
"And so it shall be.
Nothing to nothing
From death into dream."

"I shall claim this right
For eternity."
Nothing to nothing
From death into dream

So it ever has been.
And so it shall be.
From nothing, to nothing.
From death, into dream

(364) Morti: (just for the heck of it...)
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade 's face suddenly turns sad **
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25)
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: And so Drenla you pass
From birth unto death
From nothing to nothing
From death into dream.

whispering to Morti, a very complex funeral spell, sending off the soul of the departed into the Beyond
whispering to Morti, ensures that he won't arise again as undead among other things
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rest well Tamuril
** (364) Morti claps his hands together and gives a revering bow of his head to the chanting, muttering under his breath, "Fare thee well, Magus Drenla." **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur mutters quietly "Quel esta Tamuril"
** (387) Raevanain keeps sharpening his dagger not hearing a word **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai straightens as the silver rod absorbs the light of Elantyreth and Tintagel, now glowing alternately sapphire and white, soft radiant light -- in time to the shimmering dust surrounding her **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai singing softly, chanting in a different language **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Cr'tuuln ... coorn, coorn ... Solnav'artn'cr'll ...
Cr'tuuln ... coorn, coorn ... Solnav'artn'cr'll ...
Cr'tuuln ... coorn, coorn ... Solnav'artn'cr'll ...

Sh'nen ... carp''cr'll!
Sh'nen ... carp''cr'll!

whispering to Trayn , an ancient elven prayer to Solnor
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Popai floa res'it
doore hiy'a kamd.
Up na'roo ta odi
du popai, guyr.


Te sa For'l ta lim'ia,
na'roo ta die'f return popai.
Te sa For'l ta lim'ia,
na'roo ta die'f return popai.

Cor mor'na ta uinu
Miu ji'po boff
Parki na'roo potre popai.
Cor mor'na ta uinu
Miu ji'po boff
Parki na'roo potre popai.

(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): language?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you're unsure
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, sounds faintly elven
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does his Elfborn bower pick up any of it?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nope
** (364) Morti watches with rapt attention... though he no longer understands the incantation **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade just watches the Aes Sedai weave her spell or song **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai straightens and turns to the group, smiling slightly and looking quite saddened. "And so Drenla, you pass, from birth unto death, from nothing to nothing, from death into dream. But you shall arise, from death unto birth, from nothing to something, from dream into life. As the Wheel turns, you have no Fate but the Fate you are given." **
** (364) Morti wipes his eyes with his sleeve and turns back into the chamber **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai releases the silver rod, which begins to spin, and then faster and faster until it is a whirling shaft of light that spears into the heavens above and explodes with a thunderous boom that can be heard for miles around. Strangely though you are unaffected. **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "He chose his fate when he sided with the enemy"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "That ought to attract some attention"
(354) Trayn : "he did... I'm glad he has some closure however"
(364) Morti: (brb)
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Our transport will arrive with the dawn.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays Rhian...many thanks"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Very perceptive, Rainur. I combined the funeral ceremony with my summoning spell.
(354) Trayn : "good... i will be glad to leave this place"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, Rainur as well"
(364) Morti: (bak)
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: This will not be the last meeting between you and I. Je'rar and I will return sooner than you think. (smiles at Morti)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does he still have that feeling of evil that he had when he first arrived here?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nope
** (364) Morti grins to Rhian. "That's nice to hear. I hope it will be in a happy setting." **
(387) Raevanain: "unfortunatly"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well at least my head does not hurt anymore in this place"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "You have a problem with me,Raevanin?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "you seem disappointed in that"
** (387) Raevanain shakes his head **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ney, he has a problem with himself...he is a self hating...well lets not get into it"
** (364) Morti speaks up over a burgeoning argument. "We should have a feast for our last night. Where's teh kitchen?" **
** (387) Raevanain laughs "yes its myself i hate, think that if it makes it easier" **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai turns to gaze at Raevanain **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Raevanain, come here.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Ahh.. I see.. well, with that attitude, he's only going to bring ruin upon himself; keep a close eye, brother,that he doesn't also bring ruin upon you"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Trayn, you as well.
(354) Trayn : "certainly"
** (354) Trayn complies **
** (387) Raevanain raises an eyebrow "for..." **
(351) DM: (what passes is only witnessed by Raevanain and Trayn. the rest of you don't see it.)
(364) Morti: ((a divine kick to the keaster))
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: If you value the ideals of the gods of your people, please come here.
** (354) Trayn does so **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai takes Trayn's right hand and beckons to Raevanain. **
** (387) Raevanain laughs at that "why not" and walks over to rhian **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Je'rar, he did not have the stones to release that wild, battered animal...he was going to let it rot and die in this place... some woodsman he is"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Give me your right hand. (solemnly and seriously)
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane steps forth,upon Rhian's request **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Not you, Je'rar. Only the elf and the priest can participate in this ceremony.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (oop...mis-read that; sorry)
(387) Raevanain: "rainur your walking close to death, you have no idea what i was doing with it, and you have killed more animals by releasing it"
** (387) Raevanain gives rhian his hand **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: nix above action
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Join yourselves together and do not let go until the ceremony is complete.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (no, i think those words were meant just for trayn)
** (364) Morti moves over to scoop up Moiraine while Rhian talks with them. Moving toward Bulghvus, he asks, "Do you know where the kitchen is?" **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Before Je'rar and I leave you, I must impart this to you both, for if one of you falls, the other must take up the burden.
(354) Trayn : "I shall"
** (354) Trayn is very serious **
** (387) Raevanain looks at rainur "I might fall soon if he doesnt learn his lesson" **
(411) Astelix Throldor (enter): 17:42
(411) Astelix Throldor (exit): 17:44
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Long ago, when elves and men were friends, not foes, a sword was created to battle the gathering evil of Shai'tan and his forces.
** (354) Trayn tries to remember all of this information **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: This sword, a blade known as Ringrist, has been lost to the ages and can only be found as prophecy foretells: by an elfborn and a man born of woman.
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: It is not given to me to know whether you will find this blade, but I do know that the Crown of Solnor cannot be worn and used properly without this blade and its accompanying shield.
(354) Trayn : "hmm"
(354) Trayn : "oh..."
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: So I give to you the key by which you may find this blade, and do with it what you will:
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Forged of fire in ways of Light,
Where Dark shall never come,
The One that cuts to deepest core,
The evil is undone.

From rivers fast came quenching thirst
To hiss and spit and boil,
In deepest fires the En'nil smiths
Worked in endless toil.

Ringrist was forged that eve of death
To rally and to fight,
That which had gone, has come again,
A Dark and evil might.

A blade so bright and filled with Light,
And forged of living rock,
A blade that glows where coldness flows,
To fight and never stop

** (354) Trayn likes the sound of that **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai leans in to whisper to Trayn and to Raevanain. "Remember this poem, for you shall need it when it is time to seek the blade. Remember, it can only be found by an elfborn and a man born of woman, working as one. The sword will test you if you are worthy to wield it. It takes the shape of the weapon its wielder is most suited to wield." **
(354) Trayn : "and the Key is..." he asks thinking he has missed it
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: The Key is the poem. All will be made clear when it is time to seek Ringrist.
(354) Trayn : "ok... I shall remember then"
(387) Raevanain: "why would I seek it?"
(354) Trayn : "to find it... and bring its light into the world.. so it can battle darkness and evil"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ::to Je'rar::"Ya see Je'rar, it was but one creature that also has its fate, Elantra would see if it would live or die...I have seen the empathics...but now was not the time for it. Freedom and time will cure an angry beast. It was not evil. It did not deserve to die there"
(351) DM: As Rhian speaks, the image of a sword made of ethereal blue silvery metal flashes in your minds, forged by elven smiths, and spells woven into it by human mages, blessed by the priests of Solnor and of the Aran'el-Macil, and wielded by paladins and elven warriors alike, the sword has slain many an undead or daemonic foe through the ages. It glows when evil creatures are near, and bursts into flame when undead are present.
(387) Raevanain: "that depends on your definition of evil"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I think all wild things should be left free unless they are of evil bent"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(354) Trayn : "yes I see...."
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Remember this, for in the end, a balance must be maintained.
(387) Raevanain: "what would this sword do for the people"
(364) Morti: (brb)
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai smiles. "You can let go now. Ask your god why you should seek this weapon. Ask your heart. Ask yourself." **
(351) DM: (ok, going to fast forward)
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade tucks his holy symbol away **
** (354) Trayn thinks upon this **
(351) DM: In the morning, Rhian awakes you gently. Next to her is a human sailor, wide eyed as he has probably never seen an elf (Raevanain) before.
(351) DM: The sailor is familiar. It's one of Andura's crew.
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade stands up and stretches (all 6'6 of him and 320lbs) **
(364) Morti: (bak)
(354) Trayn : ((man she was real horny...))
** (387) Raevanain looks at the sailor "something wrong boy" **
** (364) Morti sits up studying his spell book thoughtfully **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade looks out a window to see the weather **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane leaps to his feet and settles into a crouch **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: The spell I cast summonned Andura's ship and also cloaked it but this protection will not last for long. Most likely, there will be some sort of attention from unwanted quarters converging on this island soon, so we must away.
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane then straightens up,seeing there is no threat **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "You heard the lady; let's be off"
(354) Trayn : "I am more than eager to depart"
(351) DM: It's partly sunny. A bit overcast but not by much.
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to make sure all his things are gathered,and then boards the ship **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade udjusts his manhood and his armor "yes away" **
(354) Trayn : "staying here one moment longer than necessary... is not my desire"
** (387) Raevanain grabs the 3 sacks and heads for the ship **
(351) Andura: You're back, I see. Lady. My apologies for deceiving you earlier, but orders from the ambassador of the Tower. (indicates Rhian)
** (364) Morti groans, "Aww... I wanted to test my new spell to decipher the symbols under the bell upstairs" **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "A better day today lads...at least there is no rain"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Does he have tme for that Rhian?"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hello there boat man"
(351) DM: (phone)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ::angrily::"Ays and ye let us be ravaged in this churning sea...ye could of at least decieved us a little closer" ::angry at first then chuckles::
(351) DM: (probably did that)
(351) DM: (e-mail me after the game Lunauc)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "And what are those big fish with the fins and the teeth...they look dangerous"
(364) Morti: (hai hai)
(387) Raevanain: "sharks most likely, they are harmless, swim with one sometime"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "It circled our boat several times"
(364) Morti: :to raev: "Really? Are they friendly?"
(387) Raevanain: "it was waiting for food to drop off from the shop, easier then trying to catch a live fish"
(351) DM: No sooner than you board Andura's ship, as you glance over the bow, you notice a ship with black and crimson sails approaching the island from the west.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is that Andura?" ::points::
(351) Andura: Set course for Highkeep (shouts to the wheelsman)
(364) Morti: :pointing to the other boat: "Are they with us too?"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: The unwanted attention I mentioned earlier.
(351) Andura: Ays, pirates from Scrape, it seems.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Andura, What can I do to help/"
(351) Andura: That spell ye cast had better work, witch. My men and I have no wish to be slaves again. (flatly)
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: It'll work. But it won't work if we remain here. Come, Je'rar. Let's stay out of their way.
** (364) Morti , back in full mask since the arrival of their transport stairs over the rail to the pirate ship **
(351) Andura: Ye can stay out of our way, for one. And no riding in the crow's nest, unless ye wish to fall off, like your friend did.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): is this ship similar to a fresh water sailing craft in a lake?
(351) DM: As Andura's ship sets sail, you notice the pirate ship drops anchor, and several boats heading out to land onshore.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, sea vessel
(351) Andura: If the wind holds steady, we should be in Highkeep by tomorrow.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): is the sea as violent as the night they landed on the island?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nope
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye Rhian..I know little about working a ship"
** (364) Morti watches the pirates with great interest. "I've read some stories about pirates, it sounds like a fun life." **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, the most I could offer anyway is trimming sails, but these sails are strange to me"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade looks into the water to see if there are any of those fish he saw that night swimming around the boat **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I know little of ships...bt if they try to draw close, I can shoot some fire arrows at their sails"
(354) Trayn : "and I could maybe set fire to them as well"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "So Andura, how do these pirates as you say fight at sea...seems very disorienting"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "How do they attack and what do they seek to do first so I can be ready should we come under attack"
(351) Andura: They board ships using spiked planks. Also crossbows and archers. Cannons if they have the capability. Mages.
(351) DM: A sailor: "Aaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!" (points to a shadow from above)
(364) Morti: "Eh?!" :looks up to see what's bothering the sailor:
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane grabs his bow and fits an arrow to it **
(354) Trayn : "by the goods of truth and honor"
(351) DM: As you gaze far above, a horrific shape straight out of your nightmares and tales, with a long sinuous body gleaming with dull green scales and leathery wings flies overhead, scanning the water below for something, as if its searching for something. It's an emerald drake, a young specimen by the looks of it. (Will save.)
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane looks to the cause of the alarm **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [14,5] = (19)
(364) Morti: Will save: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(387) Raevanain: Will save: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+7] -> [3,7] = (10)
** (364) Morti stares up at the drake in awe **
** (351) Andura rushes over to the wheel, where the wheelsman quivers to a shaking mass of jelly. "Calm yourselves! Turn to the port and get the witch!" **
(364) Morti: (statistically one of us should have rolled 5 or over...)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
(364) Morti: (well there ya go)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (statistically,we all just shit the bed)
(351) DM: You're all pretty frightened now.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [4d6] -> [2,5,3,4] = (14)
(351) DM: (for quite a while)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "What in the name of the abyss is that?"
(351) DM: The drake glides overhead and banks to the southeast.
(351) DM: (Rainur, you're shaken but not panicked)
** (364) Morti stares up at the creature hugging himself and rubbing his sides almost protectively **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai gets on deck, eyes trailing the horizon and spying the emerald drake. **
(354) Trayn : Saving Throws: Will Save [1d20+4+5+2] -> [5,4,5,2] = (16)
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Well, I can only hope it didn't see us.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: My talents don't extend to weather magicka. I can assist ye in the defense of the ship, Captain if need be. Let us pray that does not come to pass.
(351) Andura: I didn't ask for this! To the oars, ye sluggards! Now!
(351) DM: The panicked sailors are too happy to comply.
** (364) Morti numbly watches the path of the drake, disconcerened with all else for the moment **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Rhian?"
(351) DM: (All of you failed and remain in a panicky state for quite a while.)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Whatever that thing is, I don't like it"
(354) Trayn : 'nor did I"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane is visibly disturbed by the..beast **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: That was an emerald drake, Rainur. A creature of might and power. (glances at the drake which is now a speck on the horizon). Seems to be headed for Vesicant.
(351) DM: (OC: green dragon)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, our drakes are called Snow wyrms and they are also dangerous"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "They take our best cattle and fly into the snow covered mountains"
** (364) Morti finally shakes his vision from the departing drake and takes a seat against the railing, focusing on his breathing as he tries to calm himself **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: as if talking to noone in particular: "So now what?"
(351) DM: The best efforts of the crew manage to put a significant distance between you and Cragrapid Island by nightfall. The pirates don't follow, and nothing further disturbs you the rest of the day.
(351) DM: (your panicked state passes after several minutes)
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade goes out on deck **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade stands and looks around on the horizon" **
** (364) Morti later sits in their cabin studying Vladizier's books. (btw, use a prestidigitation to "clean" the poison from the one) **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane , after his panic ceases,goes to hang one helluva long piss off the aft quarter of the ship **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade takes a deep breath **
(364) Morti (whispering): can I take the time between the drake and our arrival to scribe another spell into my spell book?
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "perhaps I misjudged this sea...today has been rather pleasant"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "But it still has the taste of salt"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): anything on the horizon?
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane rejoins Rhian **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hw long til we reach shore?"
(351) DM: (ok)
(364) Morti (whispering): cool, I'll try for obscuring mist
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29)
whispering to Morti, see the node I sent you which gives you the spells in his spellbook (two sets)
whispering to Morti, ok, sure
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nope
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: By tomorrow.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "The morrow shall not come soon enough for me, dear lady"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: I can't wait to return home again. Fear not Je'rar. I would not ask this of you if I could. You will see your friends again, do not doubt that.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): brb..diaper change needed before he starts swimming :P
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): anything on the horizon?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, already told you no
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): sorry somehow it came out again...that was not what I was typing LOL
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "So Andura, is there anything to eat on this ship?"
** (354) Trayn seeks seclusion... **
(354) Trayn : (and spends a lot of time below decks)
** (364) Morti stays below deck, immersed in his studies and not particularly social after witnessing the drake it seems **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I'm hungry...gave all my jerky to that beast"
(351) DM: (going to fast forward. The trip from Cragrapid Island to the mainland doesn't take long and meals are decidedly boring: salt cod, cabbage and potato soup and black bread. occasionally sausage and roast fish liven things up.)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah land...can't wait to get my feet on solid ground"
** (354) Trayn suffers thru the menu like a monk **
** (364) Morti has been pestering bulghvus, since finishing his morning studies, with questions about Cragrapid and Vladizier and the items they've found. Holding the iron rod in up, he asks, "Did you ever see what he did with it?" **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade shows the sailors his tattoos and his finely crafted weapons **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane tries his hand at fishing **
(351) Bulghvus: (can't help Morti with anything arcane since he's just a common thief. =))
(364) Morti: (by the way, would have magic detectioned them by now and tried to figure out their schools and levels of power. shall I roll to deterine now?)
** (387) Raevanain stays in his cabin **
(351) DM: (yes please)
(364) Morti: (doesn't keep the boy from pestering... how many rolls? the rod, the wand, the circlet, the bracelet.. what else?)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [11,11] = (22)
(364) Morti: (the cane, the cloak?)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (just where exactly on the map are we?)
(351) DM: (entering the Bay of Brenfaern now)
(364) Morti: (btw... forgot until now, but Morti also found a note on Vladizier's desk about the swords of power and the locations of the ones we know and I think two more)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ugh, what is that awful smell...smells like a roomful of orcs!"
** (351) Andura visibly relaxes as the ship enters Wylundian waters **
(351) Andura: The Dead Marches, most likely, friend Rainur.
(354) Trayn : ((haa...nice btw))
(351) Andura: The swamp is the site of a battle long ago between thousands of orcs and elves, so the stories go.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "That, Andura is revolting"
(364) Morti: (anyone remember any other magic items?)
whispering to Morti, those are the items
** (364) Morti scrunches his scarfed nose, "Did they all urinate in it when they were done?" **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "How long until we clear these dead marshes?"
whispering to Morti, send the node back to me indicating which you identified
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Oh come now Rainur.. nothing like the smell of fresh urine and decaying orc"
(351) Andura: Actually (smiling impishly) Rainur, you'll have to get used to it because the Marches are less than a day's travel from Highkeep, to the east.
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane manages a hearty laugh,although it's obvious there's no real mirth in it **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are joking...right?"
(351) Andura: I'm not. (grins)
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane looks at Rainur oddly for his even having to ask **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What are ye daft? Of course I' m joking... "
(364) Morti (whispering): well can't really identify any of them, just figure there strenght and school with spell detection, and fiddle with them if they aren't evil, I'll roll for the potions now, in order..)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [11,11] = (22)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "But it could be worse"
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [16,11] = (27)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [5,11] = (16)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Can we sail further away torwards that way" ::points to the west::
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Could be us we're smellin'"
whispering to Morti, ok, just indicate which ones you pass as far as strength and school, etc.)
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane , at that, laughs for real **
(351) Andura: We'll dock in the city later this afternoon. Do ye know where to stay? The city is literally a den of thieves.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Cities are not my place Andura..."
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Where do you suggest?"
(446) Bones (enter): 18:59
(446) Bones (exit): 19:00
(364) Morti (whispering): well, to determine I need to clear DC 15+spell level on the item, or if the item doesn't have a spell effect 15+half caster's level, since I don't know the levels on the items, I can't say if I pass or not)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have diplomatic status and the rest are all knighted, is there a place where we shall be hosted or does that not exsist in this city?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye that sure is the truth..why,lastcity I remember being in, Rainur almost got arrested for trifling with a cheap whore"
(351) Andura: Greygallows is probably your best bet. Despite the name, it's one of the most secure inns in all of the city. The innkeep is a personal friend of mine, from my adventuring days. You can find it near the base of the High Road, near the central plateau.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays...many thanks. do we mention your name?"
whispering to Morti, that's what I mean, if you clear DC 15 min
(351) Andura: Would be best, discreetly. Ask for Diloki.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn, I do not know about this, perhaps ye shall lead here since my social graces in this land are not ...well.. developed"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am not a city man"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Nor am I"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps it is best fer me to keep silent here"
whispering to Morti, see the node
(351) DM: You arrive at Highkeep late in the day. As you dock, you notice a commotion on one of the docks to the left. A crowd has gathered to watch an execution in progress.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is that Andura?"
** (351) Andura makes a sour face. **
(364) Morti (whispering): heh.. and I was just rewriting the other node with the dc's I rolled. ah well
(351) Andura: Must be an execution.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "People gather to watch a man be put to death...now that is barbaric. "
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Not necessarily,Rainur"
(351) Andura: Looks like the Tempest. A priest of the sea god, by the looks of it.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "..depends on what he did"
** (364) Morti comes forward, holding Moiraine. Grimacing at the sight **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "What did this man do to deserve this?"
(351) Andura: I'm not one for priests and their talk, no offense, friends. I like my life the way it is.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What's that,Andura?"
(364) Morti: "Sea god?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Maybe he angered his god and caused the fish to spoil?"
(351) Andura: *shrugs* Go and watch and see for yourself. Now that I've delivered ye, my part in this matter is done. Friends, Lady. Stay for as long as ye like, but we part company on the morrow at dawn.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Anybody for seeing what the execution is about?"
(354) Trayn (exit): 19:09
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade secures his purse inside his pants. where it is not accessible and puts a few gold and silver in his pocket **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade walks over and listens and keeps an eye out for wanding fingers **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane awaits an answer **
** (387) Raevanain swings the sacks over his shoulder and walks out onto the deck **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane shrugs his shoulders **
** (364) Morti nods unsurely to Jer'ar then turns back to retrieve his now rather bulky load of a book weighted pack and a writing desk in hand and a crossbow and his opposing shoulder and staff in hand. He follows... awkwardly **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Suit yourselevs..I'm going to check it out"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane heads over to see the execution..as he draws near the crowd, he asks what the fuss is about **
(351) The Tempest: Do you have any last words to say Benthic, before your sentence is carried out?
(455) Qie (enter): 19:13
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (455) Trayn ...
** (364) Morti drags his load after Jer'ar, looking arouns at the proceedings, executioners and executionee **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "So, who's this Benthic guy,and what did he do?" ..I ask a man in the crowd
(351) DM: As you approach the crowd, you notice a pale human woman, dressed in shimmering white robes standing behind a wooden block. A hooded executioner holding a great axe stands to one side, the blade gleaming in the sunset's light. A half-elf with a defiant look in his eyes and a holy symbol around his neck stands, garbed in ceremonial chain armor, hands securely bound behind his back.
(455) Trayn : (oh yeah i have to hide my holy symbol right?)
** (455) Trayn conforms to the religious requirement of the town **
(351) passerby: Preaching, he did. Against the order of the nobles and the Lord o' the city.
(351) DM: ((yep))
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Preaching what?"
(364) Morti: "Who's the Lord o' the City?"
(351) passerby: One o' these elves with their high and mighty airs of superiority. Well, he's going to see the high and mighty ways of the Tempest. The Lurker'll have him. heheh.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What be the Lurker?"
** (364) Morti rests against his staff, and pets Moiriaine as she sits in the right hand pocket of his overcoat **
(455) Trayn :

Knowledge (Religion)

[1d20+5+1] -> [15,5,1] = (21)


(455) Trayn : ((if he knows the Tempest or the Lurker))
(460) Lothoris (enter): 19:19
(351) passerby: Lord Thorncastle be the Lord o' the city. Sort of like th' mayor of Tolmara but different.
(351) passerby: The Lurker is a servant of Tharnak. Yer not from here, ar you?
whispering to Trayn , yes actually
(364) Morti: "What's a Tharnak?"
whispering to Trayn , Hydros, N Aspect of Tharnak. God of the sea and of death.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Nay ..I've been abroad alot"
** (351) passerby blesses himself, as if to ward off evil. "Lord Tharnak is the god of the dead, may the gods above bless us from his mercy." **
whispering to Trayn , The Lurker is an avatar of Hydros. Kind of like a giant sea serpent.
** (455) Trayn nods his agreement for those that may not believe this man **
(364) Morti (whispering): If I grease the axe while it's stationary in the executioner's hands does it get a saving throw?
(460) Lothoris (exit): 19:21
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Tolmara though..a fine enough place I guess, for a city.. personally, I much prefer the open lands and the rolling hills"
(455) Trayn : "so this man.. elf is to be drowned?"
whispering to Morti, you can try lol
(364) Morti (whispering): hehehehe
(351) Benthic: For preaching about the goddess, Lady Verisa? NEVER!
(364) Morti: "Who's Lady Verisa?"
(364) Morti: :to the same audience member:
(351) Benthic: Never shall I be quiet when even the leaves of the trees do not still their rustling in the wind! So shall it be with me. Do your worst, human.
(351) passerby: Oh, some elven goddess. I'm not sure. They all worship trees for all I know.
(463) Raevanain (enter): 19:24
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (463) Raevanain...
(351) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(387) Raevanain' from room...
(387) Raevanain (exit): 19:24
(455) Trayn : "Morti... i can answer you questions later... "
(364) Morti: "Oh..." :unpleased with the passerby's answer, he calls out to the elf on stage: "Sir Elf... Who's Lady Verisa?"
(351) The Tempest: Very well, if this is your penance, then may the Lurker receive your head. May your "goddess" (contemptuously) forgive you for your sin.
(351) The Tempest: Xanduras! Carry out the sentence!
(455) Trayn : "Morti... we have been here a scant moment"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane looks for Rhian **
(351) Xanduras: As you command, Lady.
(455) Trayn : "and you are close to being a lawbreaker already"
(364) Morti: "Eh?" :glances to Trayn then back up to the stage:
** (351) The Tempest steps aside as Xanduras walks behind Benthic and raises the axe. **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (she nearby?)
(455) Trayn : "you may not like the laws before you... but by entering this town... you agree to abide by them"
(364) Morti (whispering): while he holds the axe do I have time to grease?
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Why not feed him to the fish?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "?!?"
(351) Evelyn: No! You can't do this! What about the Ritual?!? (weeps)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: I call out..
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Let his goddess save him"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane Laughs uproariously at his joke **
** (455) Trayn prays for this one's soul... but keeps it all inside **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to Trayn **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane whispers **
(351) The Tempest: The Ritual is not for those who anger the Lurker with their disobedience of the law of the city. Now let justice be done, Evelyn, unless you would like to taste the blade yourself. (somberly)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I hope they took my idea seriously..might be his only chance to live"
(351) DM: (Rhian is right next to you Je'rar)
** (364) Morti gasps as the axe rises and quickly reaches into his hip pouch drawing out a bit of fat and points toward the executioner, uttering a few hasty words and hoping for the best . (Grease: DC 12) **
whispering to Morti, you can try
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Throw him to the fish I say...if his goddes is gonig to save him, I foro ne would just looove to see that.."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [8] = (8)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *hahahaha*
** (351) Xanduras clumsily drops the axe **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane whispers to Rhian: "You have any ideas on what we can do for the poor guy?" **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "i'm hoping that maybe his goddess really will save him"
** (364) Morti then grabs out a bit of wood and string and weaves a few more words (unseen servant) **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "At least in the water he'd stand some kind of a chance"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: It appears that Fate is already working. (smiles slightly, pointing to the scene.) Be quiet, my Warder. Highkeep is not a city where we are safe from those who care neither for Light or Dark.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (any chance of my seeing what Morti is up to?)
** (364) Morti mutters to the invisible entity, "go grab the axe and hold it up" **
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, sure. Reflex
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
(351) The Tempest: What are you doing, fool?!? Execute him!
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, he's casting a spell
(351) Xanduras: My Lady, I....at once, Lady.
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane walks by Morti's side,trying to shield him from prying eyes.. **
** (351) Evelyn continues weeping, kneeling by Benthic's side. "My husband..." **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: 'if you're doing something for him, maybe help him go into the water where his goddess can help him?" I whisper,barely aloud
whispering to Raevanain, Penntamil Verisa, one of the elven goddesses of the pantheon
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane tries to act as a shield for Morti's actions **
(364) Morti (whispering): does the unseen servant get the axe?
(463) Raevanain (whispering): cast creeping cold in the exectutioner without the others seeing if possible
** (351) Xanduras fumbles for the axe and grasps it, then gasps as the axe moves of its own accord... **
whispering to Raevanain, what's that?
whispering to Morti, yes
(351) The Tempest: If you cannot even follow an order, I shall do this myself!
** (364) Morti grins as his bidding is done, and the axe is brought up in defence of it's former wielder and retrieving finally a bit of wool, he brings it to his lips and murmurs into it. (ghost sound) **
(463) Raevanain (whispering): one of the spells from the masters of the wild book i asked u about, turns sweat on and under the skin to ice dealin dmg for three rounds
** (351) The Tempest begins chanting **
whispering to Raevanain, fort save?
whispering to Raevanain, or any save?
(463) Raevanain (whispering): lol change it to the tempest if i havent cast it yet and hmm
(463) Raevanain (whispering): yes fort save
whispering to Raevanain, ok
(364) Morti: :from the unseen servant the voice comes strongly, "This elf shall not be slain so worthlessly this day! So speak Tharnak!"
(364) Morti: (spell craft for tempest)
(364) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30)
** (351) The Tempest whirls around with a furious look as she continues chanting, raising an arm into the sky. **
whispering to Morti, invocation
whispering to Raevanain, your spell is reflected at you
(463) Raevanain (whispering): well that sucks lol
** (463) Raevanain grunts in pain **
(364) Morti: :the voice of "Tharnak" Issues finally: "Oppose and you seal your own fate!"
(463) Raevanain (whispering): does 1d6, then 2d6 then 3d6
(351) The Tempest: Hydros! Your servant asks you to scour this unworthy one from our sight!
** (364) Morti whispers to his comrades, "Uh... I don't think she's gonna stop." **
(463) Raevanain (whispering): dont suppose i could draw my bow and arrow and fire? or time / to much pain
(351) DM: A bolt of lightning issues forth from the sky, striking Benthic and immolating him into a pillar of fire.
whispering to Raevanain, you need to roll damage, my friend.
whispering to Raevanain, no, as this is all in the same round you cast your spell
(463) Raevanain (whispering): [1d6] -> [3] = (3)
(351) Evelyn: NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Oh gods, why!?!? (weeps uncontrollably)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I can only hope he died quickly,and without pain.." in a half a whisper,the words just barely uttering past my lips..
** (364) Morti gives a sickened groan, and lifts the wool to his mouth to finally state through his servant, "You have made your choice, twisted one." **
(364) Morti: :dropping his arm numbly, Morti stares to the ground dejectedly:
** (463) Raevanain slowly walks over to the women **
(351) The Tempest: We will speak later, Xanduras. Throw this one into the sea and let us away from this place.
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane puts a hand on Morti's shoulder **
(468) Silverlocke (enter): 19:40
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "It's ok Morti.. you just had another coughing fit"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: in a voice just loyud enough for him to hear: "Cough dammit"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *loud
(351) The Tempest: See the might of the sea! This is what happens to those who defy the Lord of this city! Obey and live; disobey and know pain beyond your dreams! In the name of the Lord Councillor!
** (364) Morti lets out a tearful chuckle, "Guess I just don't make a very convincing god, huh?" **
** (455) Trayn finds this whole thing vile **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I think this was a bit too much excitement for you for one day...come, let us go find an inn"
(351) DM: The entire crowd drops to their knees at the mention of the "Lord Councillor's name" and bows.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Umm.. I htink we're supposed to bow"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane bows **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai bows. "Bow! If you value your lives!" (hisses at you) **
** (364) Morti doesn't cogh or bow, just standing sorrowfully **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur musters a meager bow
** (463) Raevanain bows next to the women **
** (351) The Tempest looks around with satisfaction. **
** (455) Trayn creaks forward hesitantly **
(351) The Tempest: Come. (to Xanduras) Let us leave here and go to the temple.
(455) Trayn : ((thankfully his armor gives him an excuse to not bow very well))
** (351) The Tempest ignores Evelyn, still weeping at the sight of Benthic's death. **
(351) Xanduras: Yes, Lady.
(472) Funy Skywalker (enter): 19:44
** (351) Xanduras follows dutifully along, but not before laying a gentle hand on Evelyn's shoulder. **
(472) Funy Skywalker (exit): 19:44
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane helps Morti bow! **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane slaps his elbow into Morti's stomach **
(351) The Tempest: And look for that mage while you're at it, fool!
** (364) Morti is numble lets himself be drawn down **
(351) Xanduras: (mutters) Yes, Lady.
(468) Silverlocke (exit): 19:45
(364) Morti: *Morti numbly rather
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane whispers in Morti's ear as I go to hoist him over my shoulder: **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Act like you're feeling faint"
(351) DM: Eventually the crowd disperses.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: " evelyn. my sympathies"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (dio I see any beer or ale stands nearby?)
** (364) Morti murmurs in a bit of woeful shock to Jer'ar... "I am..." **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *do
(351) DM: All that is left on the docks are yourselves, occasional passersby and Evelyn, who sits at the water's edge, weeping uncontrollably.
** (463) Raevanain goes to console the women, still in pain **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): any ale nearby?
(351) Evelyn: He didn't have to die like this! He didn't! I warned him not to preach but he did! (sobs, clutching at the pier)
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, yes
whispering to Raevanain, she's human lol
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane grabs some ale, goes to drink it, and douses someo f it around Morti's face and head **
** (364) Morti stays kneeling, staring to the woman, pity creasing the pouting facade of his mask **
(463) Raevanain (whispering): and? i might not be very nice but im not completely cruel
whispering to Raevanain, just amused a little lol
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Gee Morti.. how much do you weigh?"
** (455) Trayn feels horrible for the woman **
(463) Raevanain (whispering): that happens
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (I hoisted you over my shoulder,dude)
(364) Morti: (You're carrying me around?)
(351) Evelyn: Who....who are you? Why did he have to die? We were supposed to be wed in three days...(cries)
(463) Raevanain (whispering): i try to take out several platnium peices, discreetly and put them in her palm
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (Well gee..yes I am! :P )
whispering to Raevanain, ok
** (364) Morti blurts out in shock as the ale hits his scarfed face, "What was that for, ya jerk?!" **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I'm helipng you"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Make you look like you're too drunk to be a spellcaster"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *helping
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Now get soe on your tongue so it'll be on your breath"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *some on your
** (455) Trayn cant help himself and goes and consoles the woman **
** (364) Morti forces himself from Jer'ar's shoulder, arguing, "Cut it out. I will nt." **
(364) Morti: not even
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: we are strangers here. I must say, this is most disturbing...it is not fair, he did not deserve his fate"
** (351) Evelyn stands to her feet and turns numbly away. "I'm sorry...for including you in my pain. My apologies. I...(continues crying) **
(455) Trayn : "There is little I can say to make this mean anything... just know I feel badly for you"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Look you fool, I like you a lot, and they are looking for a mage.. now I saw what you were up to; I might be from the Fhaard, but that doesn't make me stupid,hm?"
(455) Trayn : "Its nothing I cannot bear... and your pain seems to be overwhealming you"
(455) Trayn : "I gladly take some of it from you if I could"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: in a clearer voice:
** (364) Morti stares sorrowfully to Evelyn and turns to Jer'ar. "I tried.... I had to try... okay?" **
(351) Evelyn: It all started ever since she became an adviser to Lord Thorncastle. The laws. The edict. The ban on priests. We've been astray for many years. No guidance, nothing. This city has become a hell, a living hell.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Are you sure you're well enough t make it to the inn on your own two feet?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *in w whisper again* "I know that,and I thought that was incredibly brave for you...but now is the time to act like a scared rabbit , ok?"
(455) Trayn : "yes... I'm new to this city.. but its strange stance on religion.... did not sit well with me"
(351) Evelyn: (begins crying again, haltingly) "Thank you...thank you for helping me."
(455) Trayn : "I'm glad if I did"
** (364) Morti turns from Jer'ar, not in the mood to play hiding games, and strolls hesitantly toward the recent widow **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: We can stay a day or two, Je'rar, but we must be on the road again soon. If you wish to help, you have my blessing, my Warder.
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: In the meantime, I shall meet you at the inn Andura recommended. Greygallows, was it? Go with the blessing of the Tower.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Thank-you,rhian.. I fear he might do something foolish lest I talk some sense into him"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: He is a fool...but less a fool than you might think. (smiles gently at Je'rar and turns to leave)
** (351) Evelyn comes to her feet with Trayn's help. "Is there something I can do to pay you for this bit of help?" **
** (364) Morti strolls to Evelyn offering a full bow, and speaking in a voice creaking even more than usual, "I'm Sorry." **
(351) Evelyn: You're not from here, are you? You especially. There are very few elves in Highkeep, few anyway to walk openly.
(455) Trayn : "perhaps one day... when you are feeling better... you could let go of some of this grief"
** (351) Evelyn glances down and smiles in spite of herself. "Thank you, child." **
(455) Trayn : "that would be payment enough"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Morti..miss..there ios nothing more any of us can do here this day; I am sure he was a good man, and I dislike the ide of killing somebody simply because of what they believe, or, do not believe, but we should leave this foul place..."
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I suggest we go off and find somewhere we can all eat and ..yes, i think this would be an ideal time to get very drunk"
(351) Evelyn: (smiles a sad, bitter smile) "You almost sound like a priest. Come with me, lest we attract too much attention. (indicates a few "thiefly" types that stare at you from the doorposts of several taverns)
(487) FlockHammer (enter): 19:59
** (364) Morti stays bowed even as Jer'ar approaches. Tears sting his eyes. he only straightens on Evelyn's suggestion **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane puts a hand on the pommel of his sword,and casually rests a hand on his mace **
** (351) Bulghvus tags along. "Best to do what she says. Besides serving their own interests, the thieves of the city also serve those who would pay and the Tempest is like no other." **
(351) Evelyn: Do you have an inn you're staying at? I am just a washerwoman.
(364) Morti: :to Bulghvus: "Who is she? How many people follow her? Where is she located?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Yes, the Greygallows"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane offers a hand **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Come, join us for a meal, if nothing else"
(351) Bulghvus: Well, I only know common chant, you see. I haven't been here in a while but from what I know, she's an adviser to the Lord Councillor, has been for quite some time. Her advice is what led to the ban on priests, but that was also due to the events in the invasion.
(487) FlockHammer (exit): 20:02
(351) Bulghvus: She resides in the Castle above the city. She has no followers. Not even the priests of Tharnak, though they're all right scared of her as well.
(351) Bulghvus: The executions are recent, seems like.
** (364) Morti groans sourly **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: whispers to Bulghvus...: "heh..seems like what she needs is a really good cscrew"
(351) Bulghvus: I left to be Vladizier's servant because I wanted to be away from this place. If there's one scheduled and you're in the vicinity, you MUST watch the execution. It's the law.
(364) Morti: :grumbles: "I never want to see something like that again"
(351) Bulghvus: 'Course it's not a real law. At least not one the Lord would say. But it's a law nonetheless. Ye can get jailed for breaking this law.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well Morti... I've seen executions that were well-deserved, but this one.. thwe whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth, that i doubt even the strongest ale will be able to wash away"
(351) Bulghvus: (whispers to you) It seems that each passing day the real ruler of Highkeep is not the Lord but the Tempest. But you didn't hear that from me, no sirrah.
(364) Morti: :speaks up to his comrades: "We shouldn't let it happen again."
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I didn't hear a thing you just said" ::gives a conspiratorial wink*
** (351) Bulghvus glances at Raevanain. "Sorry for saying so, but ye seem mighty familiar and I can't place it where I seen ye from 'afore." **
** (364) Morti seems rather defiant compared to his usually meak manner. "Someone like that should not be allowed to do such things" **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Morti..watch your voice.. this is a most unfriendly place"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I can save you from some men, and even some of the mightier monsters, yes, but ... not even I can save you from an entire army"
** (364) Morti knits his the brow of his enchanted, and now ale stained, scarf **
(463) Raevanain (whispering): i gtg sorry, ive been conscipted by my family to go do the shops, it sucks
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "If any of the men come talking to us, act like yer drunk, and let me do the talking"
(364) Morti: :lowering his voice: "But we can't just let her get away with something like this"
(463) Raevanain: SECURITY!
(463) Raevanain (exit): 20:08
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Perhaps not, but right now is not the time "
(364) Morti: "Then when is?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "When we have a better idea of what to do about it,and how"
(351) Evelyn: Well, if you follow this road, which is known as The Street of the Nobles, for about five or so blocks, you'll come to a five way fork. Take the middle road, which wends itself through the Tenderloin, a rather scum-filled section of the city, even for Highkeep. Keep one arm on your pouch, one on your sword and one on your shield. Follow the road 'till ye see an inn with a gray gallows next to it, that's your inn. May the gods above be with you.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "We should wait until we get some more informaiton here."
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "You may joni us, if you wish; if not, then at least allow me the courtesy of seeing you safely back to hyour home"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *join us if you wish
** (364) Morti grimaces , lowering his head and following along **
(351) Evelyn: I'll be fine, my friends. A guild meeting is about to begin in the turning of a glass and I must hie there shortly for I am the guildmistress now that Levanna is gone.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not like this place of shadows and intregue"
(364) Morti (whispering): detail check: can the unseen servant take pathic orders? or must they be spoken?
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Guildmistress?"
(351) Evelyn: Just act like you belong and none will bother you. At least none will bother you with two barbarians in your group. (smiles)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Alright, dear lady, but if you should find yourself in need of assistance, feel free to look for us"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane flexes as she says that **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *FLEX*
whispering to Morti, spoken
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I guess I have to look mean now" ::chuckles::
(364) Morti (whispering): so then he's still on stage holding the axe...
(351) Evelyn: Ays, the Guild of Launderers. Evelyn Fensbarrow, at your service. (bows and curtesys)
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane casually withdrwas his mace,and lightly taps it along his side as if to some unheard musical beat **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Give me your hand"
** (351) Evelyn gives Rainur her hand **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hey,, I've been on the road an awfully long time now.. my clothes could sorely use a good cleaning"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade secretly pulls out 5 crowns and hides the action **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "use it well"
** (364) Morti mutters softly, "Drop it." on the stage the axe falls. "Come help me with these heavy bags. a few seconds later, his load seems a bit lighter in his stance (using servant to support some weight) **
(351) Evelyn: (eyes widen) My thanks. May the gods above watch you and yours as well.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Where shall I find you, so that I may have my clothes poroperly cleaned and tended to?"
(351) Evelyn: I never did catch your names.
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade continues as nothing has happened **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I am Je'rar Ogrebane"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "and yes, you had the right of it; I am from the Fhaard"
(351) Evelyn: Seek the House of Linens, which is our guildhouse. Ask for me, as I shall put out word for you.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: DaKahn Rainur Swiftblade of the Uluutari
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Funny thing though, us barbarians..."
(455) Trayn (exit): 20:17
(364) Morti: :giving another brief bow: "Mortimar Boyle. I wish we could have met under happier circumstances"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Quite often, my people think the same of ythe city-folk for living the way thatthey do"
(351) Evelyn: I don't know why this is, but I trust you. Maybe I can do something for you. I hope you can do something about the Tempest...and the cult.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "And what cult is that?"
** (351) Evelyn leans in quickly, dropping her voice to a whisper. **
(505) Judge Auslander (enter): 20:18
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Dear lady, if I am to help you, it must be quick, as I must leave in two days hence"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade looks around to see if they is anyone following the group **
(505) Judge Auslander (exit): 20:19
(351) Evelyn: A snake cult that has grown in popularity, it seems, with some of the thieves in the city.
(506) Meezel (enter): 20:19
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah, I see"
(351) Evelyn: They do not walk openly, but they have decided to pit themselves in opposition to the Tempest. They work foul magicka and will do what they must to achieve their goal, whatever that is. I have heard only of people being turned to stone, or worse.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (506) Trayn ...
(364) Morti: "This city is horrid."
(351) Evelyn: I have heard a similar cult took root in Tolmara not too long ago. This cult kidnapped children for gods know what purpose.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hmm, which is the lesser of the two evils..."
(351) Evelyn: It was not always like that. I have even heard talk by the Lord, about trying to bring back priests to the city, but the Tempest has advised him against that, saying that such would lead to disorder and chaos.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "SO have them turn her into a statue,and then kill off the cult"
(351) Evelyn: (rolls her eyes)
(351) Bulghvus: Rainur, we're being watched.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I wonder what is up her sleeve,this tempest"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): sopt check +4
(351) DM: Bulghvus indicates a man, in black leather armor and breeches, lounging casually in the doorway of a tavern known as the Stripling Wench.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "COme you drunken fool, to the inn"
(351) Bulghvus: He's been following us since the docks.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *to Morti*
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays, to the inn"
(364) Morti (whispering): btw... remaining prepped spells; Read Magic, Daze, Resistance, Silent image
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you don't see him
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: whispers.."Rainur,help him around that corner; I will stay atthe corner and waylay him"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays...did not see him, thanks"
** (351) Bulghvus nods, shrugging. "He's there. Been there, can't miss him." **
** (364) Morti stumbles, unintentionally as Jer'ar's help moves him along. **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Bulghvus..think we should..get rid of him?"
(351) Bulghvus: I think it might be more useful to find out why he's following us, but whatever you wish.
** (364) Morti gives a casully glimpse back to the others, and to their black armored voyeur **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come on lets move on"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well maybe we can do both,hm?"
(351) DM: (Spot, anyone)
(364) Morti: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [9,-1] = (8)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+7] -> [5,7] = (12)
(364) Morti: (10)
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, your follower is a half-orc
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade positions himself so he and Bulghvus are at the rear of the party **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, on closer inspection. not obvious until you look closely
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 19
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you see him now. a half-orc.
(506) Trayn :

Spot

[1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)


** (375) Rainur Swiftblade casually walks in his direction **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): look anything like the ones we dealt with earlier,with the slaver guys?
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, yes
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hello, do ye wish to have business with us? Ye have been following us since we left the docks."
** (364) Morti stays to the front with Trayn(I believe), as they head for the inn **
(351) DM: The half-orc doesn't walk away and instead approaches you.
(506) Trayn : "hmmm"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Why do you follow us?"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ::quietly::
(351) Robak: I bear a message from my master to you.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, so speak ye"
(506) Trayn : "Give it to me...or state it outloud"
** (506) Trayn isnt sure if this is verbal or written **
(351) Robak: He asks that you meet him this evening for successful resolution of the agreement.
** (364) Morti stays silent, studying the half-orc curiously **
(506) Trayn : "the agreement... " thinks of what agreement they've made
(506) Trayn : "please refresh my memory"
(351) Robak: Is not your name Tremaine of Solnor?
(506) Trayn : "no it is not" (i can't imagine i lied and gave a fake name)
(364) Morti: "As in... Master Tremaine? .... of the Citadel?"
(351) Robak: The agreement. (scratches his head) Deliver five bags of red gold for a cartload of slaves. Human slaves, women and children.
(351) Robak: No, Tremaine, of Solnor. A fallen priest. (looks at Trayn suspiciously)
(351) Robak: Can you prove you are who you say you are?
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hmm the deal is still on? I thought it got cancelled.."
(506) Trayn : "That is not I.... and I'm sure I could prove who I am"
** (364) Morti peers scornfully at Robak **
** (351) Robak looks confused. But I was told to look for a priest in the company of two barbarians. (becomes worried that he's said too much and begins backing away) **
(506) Trayn : "Well rest assured... you have found them"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye..and a better barbarian I doubt you'll see"
(364) Morti: "And how would we know you're really who you say you are?"
(506) Trayn : "however... you didn't find the right ones"
** (351) Robak seems relieved. "Well then, (scratches head) shall we go to my master?" **
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane flashes his teeth in a scowl meant to intimidate **
(506) Trayn : "or shall I say the wrong ones"
(506) Trayn : "I think we should"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Trayn..hush .. we want the slaves,don't we?"
** (506) Trayn confuses this dim witted Half-Orc with the truth **
** (351) Robak stands up, quivering. **
(506) Trayn : (ha)
(520) No Name (enter): 20:38
** (364) Morti bites his cheek, fighting back in natural instict for honest blurting as he understands the ruse... basically **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Ease up, orc.. where and when are we to meet?"
(351) Robak: Er? My master grows impatient.
(506) Trayn : "lead on..."
(506) Trayn : "and we shall follow"
(506) Trayn : "I am eager to meet your master..."
(520) No Name (exit): 20:40
** (364) Morti nods agreeingly, while biting both his cheeks **
(506) Trayn : "It seems our arrival has been woefully delayed"
(506) Trayn : "and I will appoligize as soon as we get there"
(351) Robak: Serpent's Gain. Across the way from Graygallows.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hold on a second.. how do I know thatthe slaves are in good condition?"
(351) Robak: They are. None of them have been mistreated or whipped unnecessarily.
(506) Trayn : "my barbarian friend... we shall inspect them"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well I think we should see the..merchandise before we agree to hand over any money,hm?"
(351) Robak: We even managed to snare an Aes Sedai. (grins maliciously)
(506) Trayn : "of course we will..."
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "WOnderful news.. what does the sedai look like?"
** (351) Robak describes the Sedai. **
(351) DM: (not Rhian)
(506) Trayn : "the slaves are held nearby I assume?"
(506) Trayn : "my barbarian friend is correct... we would like to see them before concluding our business"
(351) Robak: Tall, for a human wench. Hair the color of beeswax, to her waist. Thin. Perhaps of mixed blood. Green eyes like grass.
** (364) Morti bites his cheeks harder, idly tapping his staff against his forehead to drown out the urge to say something foolish **
(351) Robak: Roight. They're near here. My master will talk first.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What time shall we make the deal?..I hope not right away,as I'd like to have a good meal and get cleaned up a bit first"
(351) Robak: (hops on one foot, impatient)
(351) Robak: He didn't say anything like that. (scowls)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Get some of the grime off of me.. I mean, I'm starting to stink a bot enough that even I'm beginning not to like the smell of me"
(506) Trayn : "ah dont listen to him much"
(351) Robak: In two glasses?
(351) DM: (two turnings of the glass = in other words, one hour)
(506) Trayn : "yes that will be enough time surely"
(506) Trayn : "it wont take longer than that"
** (351) Robak looks relieved. **
(506) Trayn : "we were at the execution.... and it delayed our arrival here"
(351) Robak: Good, good, good, good, good. So shall I tell Master Xavick that the agreement is sealed?
(351) Robak: He will be most pleased.
(506) Trayn : "no... I would not"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Yes, please do"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh I cannot wait!"
(364) Morti: :blurts: "Xavick?!"
(506) Trayn : "I repeat... the agreement is not sealed"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Quiet you oaf!"
(364) Morti: "Er..." :coughs:
(506) Trayn : "there is more to discuss..."
(364) Morti: "right.... Xavick"
(351) Robak: Yes (impatiently), Xavick. My master. (to Trayn) Keep your slave quiet please. Smells like a rat.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh much more...."
(506) Trayn : "I'm not fully happy with the details of the arrangement"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes, we are most unhappy"
** (364) Morti bites down on his cheeks harder, and doesn't seem to mind the slave comment much **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: Intimidate Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [11,10] = (21)
(351) Robak: Well, I shall tell my master that you are come and soon. In two glasses then, my friends.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): intimidate 21
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (s-weet)
(506) Trayn : "until then... two glasses...yes"
(351) Robak: (bows and scrapes, especially to Rainur)
** (506) Trayn clams up.... **
** (351) Robak scampers off in glee. **
** (364) Morti finally lets out a breath, while rubbing his tongue against his now sore inner cheeks **
(506) Trayn : "By the ...."he holds his statement
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Ok guys.. I'm off to ask Rhian how we can make 5 bags of red gold pop up.. whether it be the eral stuff, or something that'll look lie it long enough to pull off our ruse"
(506) Trayn : "agreeing to this deal... when we cannot"
(506) Trayn : "thats putting me into a horrible position"
** (364) Morti offers sorely to Jer'ar, I think I can do that." **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade states as soon as he leaves "Yes he will see our grievanvces" **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Look, we can rescue the women and kids,and put an end to xavick all in one clean swipe of me blade; this is probably the best chance we'll ever get to put an end to theat fiend"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Yes Morti?"
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane listens intently to what Morti has to say **
(364) Morti: "Yeah.. just an illusion and some coin filled bags for sound effects"
(351) DM: (stopping at 10:30, so let me know if you need to leave earlier.)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us move quickly...Xanick will know who we are so what is the point?"
(506) Trayn : "that would be fraud"
(364) Morti: "It's not like we're really gonna pay them"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Trayn, fraud or not, I'm gonig to kill him"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *going
(506) Trayn : "is that legal in this town?"
(506) Trayn : "I know slavery is... correct?"
(364) Morti: (brb)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I say we just surprisse him and show him our girevances up close and personal"
(506) Trayn : "to purchase the slaves.. might be the correct thing to do"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye, but we must save the women and children as well"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye do remember that he paid us for our services with that red gold"
(351) Bulghvus: Many things are "legal" in Highkeep, now that the Tempest has the ear of the Lord Councillor.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Bulghvus...do you know how to make people not look like who they are?"
(351) Bulghvus: Including things that are illegal elsewhere in the Kingdom.
(351) Bulghvus: The rule of law equals the rule of coin, my friends. If you can pay the guards enough, they will fight for you and even die for you.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I was thinking maybe we could make like we look diferent..maybe catch xavick off guard"
(351) Bulghvus: I'm just a thief, Je'rar. Not a magus.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is that so?...and officials of the court in Tomara I take it have disspeared here and word has not gotten back to the king I take it"
(364) Morti: (bak)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I know that; but I also know that some of your trade are good at ..disguising themselves as well as others"
(506) Trayn : "well remember... I shall not do anything evil... or unlawful"
(351) Bulghvus: I don't know, Rainur. Many things are possible. You saw yourself the manner of the Lord's justice.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "so this will be of no use here"
(351) Bulghvus: Hm, I see what you're getting at. No, not really. I do know how to run though.
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out badge issued by the king **
** (364) Morti offers unsurely, "Maybe I can cover our appearances with the illusion... but it would conflict with what the orc saw of us and he'd point it out" **
** (351) Bulghvus snorts at seeing the badge. "A piece of paper won't save you, Rainur." **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Several of us have sworn alliegance to the king including you Trayn, what is the higher law here...that of the king or of the lord"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Ok..well..how about this guys? We set up a meeting at a place where we can ambush Xavick, if Bulghvus would care to help me hide well enough, stirke him down,grab that snmall coffer he values so much, and make a run for it.. might want to have some horses stashed nearby"
(364) Morti: (the coffer was turned over to Vladizier, remember?)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (time of day hin Highkeep?)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: (oh yeah.. forgot,..sorry)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is a delicate situation, but we must do what is right here"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: \"Well..strike him down anyway "
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I see it that we have the right by way of the king to kill Xanick"
(364) Morti: "Ya know..." :offers idly: "If I understand the whol happening with Rhian... they don't know her face..."
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I leave the desision in your hand TRayn, I will do whatever needs to be done to destroy the slavers"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Aye Morti... I'm thinking she might be able to lend some support..but I'll not ask her to risk her neck needlessly"
(364) Morti: "And with a new scarf and clothes... they don't really know me"
(351) DM: (7 pm)
(506) Trayn : "I'd like to engage to make the trade... and if that falls thru.. then solve this with violence"
(364) Morti: (urgh....brb)
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Now yer thinking.. and it'll be dark out; I suggest we wear outr hoods to make us even harder to get a good look at"
whispering to Trayn , satisfied? hehehe
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade proceeds to the Grey Gallow Inn **
whispering to Trayn , all talk and no yapping
(364) Morti: (sorry, back)
(351) DM: You go to Graygallows.
(506) Trayn (whispering): ha
(506) Trayn (whispering): as yet to see any action
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to fill Rhian on the recent turn of events **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur will actively make sure that he is not pickpocketed
(506) Trayn (whispering): : )
(351) DM: The inn, is, as Evelyn promised, located at the foot of the high road leading to the plateau overlooking the city. By the looks of the stable next to it, the inn must be full to the gills.
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: I've paid for your rooms already.
(506) Trayn (whispering): do you have the city rules handy by chance?
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is a popular place
whispering to Trayn , see the site
(506) Trayn (whispering): ok that was my second choice
(364) Morti (whispering): could a silent image be used as an invisibility for the group. of course, I'd have to keep focus on it
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Ays it is. Je'rar, thank ye for the news. I can help after a fashion.
(513) Silverlocke (enter): 21:06
whispering to Morti, yes
(364) Morti (whispering): or to make the group appear different
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What do you suggest?"
(351) DM: (a moment. ruling on a spell.)
(513) Silverlocke (exit): 21:07
whispering to Morti, as long as the effect does not exceed the area of effect, then yes
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Well, my talents are more along the lines of healing and illusion, but illusion on a large scale.
** (364) Morti suggests "What if myself, whom the orc has already met and Rhian enter the place preemptively to "check on the merchandise" before our Tremaine will buy?" **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: However I have only one illusion weaving for this day, left to me.
(364) Morti: "Miss Rhian, can you disguise everyone, or make them unseen to follow along?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hold on Morti..lether finish speaking.."
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: I can certainly do that. The spell will last until you attack.
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Or until the sun rises, whichever comes first.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I would like to appear as an old woman with a walking stick"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I was thinking more of our plan of escape..to throw off any and all pursuit"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Real easy to walk into trouble; might hard to walk back out though"
(364) Morti: "There's no need to escape if we can't even get in."
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "It's going to be very dark out; they will have a hard tme seeing us well..."
(364) Morti: ""I can also do an illusion to cover our escape if it comes to that. But it would need the right circumstances"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What would those be?
(364) Morti: "Well, it's not much of a trick to the illusion if they watch me perform it or see the effect"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade grabs an ale at the bar "Ye decide and come get me" **
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Just spell it out plainly,Morti"
** (364) Morti 's stomache growls. "I'm hungry, can we eat while we decide?" **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bartender, an ale!"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What exactly do you need for us to do to make it happen ?"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: The illusion has to be consistent, so I can't change Je'rar to an old woman with a walking stick and the others different.
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: You all have to be the same thing, or the weaving will fail
(351) DM: You get food and drink in the meantime.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "So Moreti..you have to simply not attack as you're illusioned by Rhian then; does that work?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *Morti
** (364) Morti speaks between bites, "I won't be illusioned." **
(506) Trayn : "nor will I"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade eats like he is ravenous **
(506) Trayn : "I have no intention to decieve"
(364) Morti: "I'll be the familiar face to Robak which gets us through the door"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "More food!"
(506) Trayn : "at least actively,,,"
(506) Trayn : "yes and Robak has seen you..."
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Ok..so we just nmarch right in and say hey remember us? and let ourselves get ambushed forom all angles..very clever"
(364) Morti: "Dressed as I am, Xavick shouldn't recognize me, the rest of you are the problem"
(506) Trayn : "Robak will expect you to look the same"
(364) Morti: "No." :to Trayn: "I go with Miss Rhian and the rest of you in disguise as subordinates coming to check on the slaves condition before purchase"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ::looks at the patron sittng next to him at the bar:: "What are you looking at!"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade continues to eat **
(506) Trayn : "ah I see.. I could do that"
(364) Morti: "He already thinks I'm a slave, so it makes sense I'd be doing the grunt work, which makes me ask, Miss Rhian, can your spell make invisible instead of disguise?"
(506) Trayn : 'as I'm pretending to be noone... instead of someone"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade bangs on the bar **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "More ale"
(351) Coia: So, Bulghvus, I thought I recognized you. Come back to Highkeep, have you? Autummn won't be pleased.
(364) Morti: "Eh?" Glances up to Bulghvus' acquaintance
(351) DM: A female halfling saunters by your table and sidles up next to Bulghvus, laying her arm across his shoulder which he casually drops.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I can turn invisible..but only for about 4 minutes,or until I nail Xavick..whichever comes first"
(351) Coia: Who're your new friends, Bulgy-whuggy?
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is he bothering you Biulghvus?"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: *nix statement
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: can't type and look at screen simultaneously
(351) Bulghvus: (face sours as Coia comes up)
(351) Bulghvus: (quickly wipes off)
(351) Bulghvus: My apologies, Coia, for not seeing you the first time. I really should try to be more polite next time I'm around. This is Renfren Swiftblade and his brother Tormak. (to Rainur and Je'rar respectively)
** (357) Je'rar Ogrebane nods **
(351) Bulghvus: That's Redoras, of Solnor. He's a wandering preacher. (to Trayn)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah...hello" ::cheesy smile::
** (364) Morti cocks his head curiously **
(506) Trayn : "hmmm"
(351) Bulghvus: 'Course he's not preaching much these days. This is Mellos, a friend of mine from Tolmara (to Morti)
(364) Morti: "Eh?"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bulghvus and I are...well...you know...friends"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Bulgy-whuggy..and all this time I thought your name was Bulghvus..." breaks into mild ,yet friendly laughter,going along with Bulghvus
(351) Bulghvus: Now Coia, be a dear and leave us alone. We're just passing through. Tell Autummn I send her my deepest, fondest regards. I won't be a bother, really I won't.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "He's too busy with me" ::smiles cheesily::
(351) Coia: But Bulgy-whuggyvolus, I thought you promised! To buy me a ring the next time you're in town. And here you are!!! (squeals)
** (351) Bulghvus glares at Rainur in annoyance **
** (351) Coia pinches his arm. "Well I'll be in my room, Bulgy-poo. Waiting for you." **
** (351) Coia flounces off, giggling.
**

** (364) Morti stares after the halfling woman, a bit confused **
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade laughs and continues with his meal" **
** (351) Bulghvus follows Morti's gaze. "Don't ask. She thinks I want to marry her. I'd sooner eat a horse." **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have!"
(364) Morti: :shrugs to Bulghvus: "She seems nice"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Eaten a horse that is...and a sheep"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: ((brb))
(364) Morti: "So... are we saving the slaves?"
(351) Bulghvus: Yes, about as nice as a pit full of vipers. Do yourself a favor, Morti. Most people in Highkeep are either genuinely friendly like Evelyn (of which there are few), or they want something from you.
(506) Trayn : "yes"
** (364) Morti scratches his head in thought... and itchiness **
(351) Bulghvus: Coia wants to marry me all right, and then sell me off to slavery if she could get away with it. Long story.
(364) Morti: "Can you do that?"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays one night ye are in the throws of passion and in the morning ye are chained to a ship"
(351) Bulghvus: Do what? Marry and sell your wife or husband? Of course not, but now that the Tempest is here, anything is possible.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays I do not like this place"
(364) Morti: "Then we deal with the Tempest next. First the slaves. Are we ready?"
(351) Bulghvus: I told you. I used to live here. This used to be a regular city, a bit grimy and dirty, not like shining Tolmara with the king and nobility, but still a worthy place to live. Ever since the Tempest came, things have been different.
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well Bulghvus.. I'd not let a man be chained by his wife.. after all, the man is the man"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well everyone, what are we doing...I grow impatient and want to bring justice down on our friend"
(357) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Before we go.. what is Morti's illusion going to do,and for howe long will it last?"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: All right, as soon as you leave here, I'll weave the spell. But first, I need to know what you want me to do.
(364) Morti: "I can induce a visual illusion in an area to either cover our appearances or maybe blot out the sight around us. I'm not sure what I'll do until we're in the situation. (silent image)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I say ye make us all invisible and we go in there and wait until the right time"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Then we attack and kill them all!"
(364) Morti: "Um... I'd prefer we kill as few people as possible. Lets focus on freeing the slaves for now"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Or wait until we know where the slaves are being held"
(506) Trayn : "yes i agree with Morti"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is expecting two barbarians and a piriest
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, you can introduce Regnek now
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Perhaps we should appear 30 years older?
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, let Rainur know about him
(364) Morti: "I told you, I go as a scout to check the merchandise before you. That's the story we run with"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Fine by me...lets do it"
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, have him enter the inn and be himself. lol
whispering to Rek, just for a moment. After today's session, Je'rar is retired
(357) Rek: :: a big hulking mountain of a man walks into the inn..sblack hair and tattos cover his arms,and has a wicked looking battleaxe in hand,as well as several other weapons.. he radiates a sense of unease among those who he passes by
(357) Rek: "Barkeep BER!"
(357) Rek: *BEER
** (357) Rek thumps the bar rather hard with a fist **
(357) Rek: *THUMP*
** (357) Rek looks around, seemingly looking at everyone and noone **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "I take it that is one of our barbarians"
** (364) Morti heads up to their room to drop off his bags and crossbow and sets down Moiraine with some food, before heading back downstairs **
(357) Rek: "I need ALE!"
** (357) Rek utters something nearly unintelligble **
(351) DM: The unnerved barkeep gives Rek his ale before scurrying off to serve someone else.
(357) Rek: "mmm nice bar.. need beer need beer.. long travel.and hm? What's this?" *eyes out something on the bar,but what it might be is anybody's guess
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): listens +6
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you recognize him as Rek, an outcast from your clan for being slightly um...addled.
** (357) Rek looks across the rokm again **
(357) Rek: *room
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, born from a mojoka who died giving birth.
** (364) Morti retakes his seat and looks to the others, "Who's the loud guy?" **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): addled?
** (357) Rek seeing two other men that appear to be from the Fhaard, he steps close to them **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, crazy
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, he left the clan a year after his rite of passage
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, haven't seen him since.
(357) Rek: "MM errmm.. HI!" *sports a big goofy grin that belies the primal nature of the man behind it
(357) Rek: "I'm from the wilds too.. you are?"
(357) Rek: "Long way from home,yes..long way...long long way"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "It would figure I would see ye here...in this crazy place"
** (357) Rek looks at the man intently.. **
(351) Je'rar: The same. (curious)
(357) Rek: "I know you"
(364) Morti: "Eh?" :looks among the barbarians:
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "As ye should"
(357) Rek: "You from Swiftblade"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: DaKhan
(357) Rek: "DAKHAN?"
(357) Rek: "I see Rainur,clan swiftblade"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: Ays!"
(351) DM: The other patrons do their best to ignore the three of you. Bulghvus smiles uneasily.
(364) Morti: :to Rainur: "Friend of yours?"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays. it is "
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ex member of my clan"
(357) Rek: "Long time no see.. heard of you travel.. go through crazy trees,funny lands.. kill bad beasts I see.. I track you, I find you.. I got tired of the forewsts.. and ..,"
(364) Morti: "Oh, family?"
(357) Rek: "..Ta-DA! Here I AM!"
(357) Rek: "ex-member? I no ex-member.. I stil with clan.. they ask me to take on nature.. live in forests..show what great survivor iam.. I think i show them"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "No... he is not family, but born of the clan...he is not lineage of the Khan"
** (357) Rek has a nearly feral look about him **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is not completely sound"
(357) Rek: "Me fight lot orcs on way here.."
(364) Morti: "Uh... but he is a friend... right?"
** (357) Rek smiles lovingly at his baxe-blade **
(357) Rek: *axe-blade
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Loose sword perhaps"
(351) DM: (just taking this time to introduce Rek for future sessions. Eventually he looks for something else to do. Like tormenting Coia. :))
whispering to Rek, you can go back to Je'rar now.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "do not cause any trouble here...do not reflect badly on us...that is my request"
(357) Rek: "More beer..wanyone want to wrestle?" "BOO!" "hahahaha"
(357) Je'rar: "O-kayy... he seemd kind of odd.. what's his story?"
** (357) Je'rar watches the proto-barbarian walk off into the far part of the inn **
(364) Morti: :whispers: "Would it be wrong to ditch him?"
(357) Je'rar: "Morti.. if he really did track Rainur this far, I don't think we're going to be able to ditch him"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "One of my fan club I guess"
(357) Je'rar: "Or out on his own, and looking for a clansmen to chum around with?
(364) Morti: "Well, it's just.... he's kind of loud to take along to the slavers"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays...well let's continue with our plan"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is a good figher, but is a bit uneven"
(357) Je'rar: "Aye..he definitely seems like he knows how to handle that axe of his..."
(364) Morti: "Do you... wanna bring him?"
(351) DM: (so let me get this straight, M and R go along with T to the inn, right? Je'rar and Rainur and Bulghvus are invisible)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: not for now
(351) DM: (M and R are disguised as barbs. or do I have it wrong?)
(357) Je'rar: "He might prove useful on your way out though.."
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "fine"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ((ok by me))
(364) Morti: (trayn would be invisible as well, me and rhian are normal, since Xavick shouldn't be able to identify us, and Robak can identify Morti as Tremaine's slave and let us int to inspect the slaves preemptively)
(364) Morti: (or at least that's what I'm hoping for)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: sounds good to me
(357) Je'rar (whispering): did you notice I picked the intimidating rage feat from Masters of the Wild? It just seemed so perfectly appropriate for the character
whispering to Je'rar, fine with me
(351) DM: As you leave Graygallows, Rhian puts the weaving into place at the same time as Morti casts his spell.
(364) Morti: (I'm not casting a spell right now)
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: In a way, I'm almost sad to go, but I must do this for I have been away from my home for far too long.
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: I feel like you, all of you, are my family now and know that I am sad to leave, especially now.
(357) Je'rar: "As I'll feel leaving the guys, but, it's something that I have to do.."
(351) DM: (ok)
(569) Booga (enter): 22:03
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade will wipe off his shoes to not leave tracks as he enters the inn **
** (364) Morti cinches his scarf a bit tighter, and releases the influence of his false face spell. Turning to Rhian he offers, "It's nice to know I still have family." **
(351) DM: You enter Serpent's Gain. The inn is not as filled as Graygallows. Sparsely filled, you notice Xavick at a corner table near the fireplace. The familiar silver coffer is in front of him, closed.
(364) Morti: 0.o
** (364) Morti looks around for Robak, before approaching Xavick, unsurely. **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): looks around for others and seeing if they are strategically placed for an ambush
(357) Je'rar: (is the latrine in the back?)
(351) Xavick: Ah, I see you're here. Robak told me you were coming, but not when. (frowns) I shall have to beat him severely.
(351) DM: (yes)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, k
(364) Morti: :wearing new clothes, scarf and holding himself in a much more confident manner then he did last he met Xavick, he hopes to go unnoticed:
(351) Xavick: So. Are we agreed? Five bags of red gold for the slaves?
** (357) Je'rar makes for the latrine,acting indiferent to everybody else **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: There's the matter of inspecting the goods first.
(364) Morti: :cocking his head: "I can not say myself, Lord. After all, I am only the servant to my Master Tremaine." :bows with practiced grace:
(351) Xavick: What's this? You've never had to inspect them before. You've always accepted them in exchange. Why now?
(364) Morti: :following up after Rhian: "My master is upset after certain.... short comings with previous slaves. Please allow this meager consideration."
(364) Morti: "my master will be along soon after"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade looks around for others and looks to see how many doors there are and if they can be locked **
(351) Xavick: I see. Did Yith'sehta put you up to this?
(357) Je'rar: (while going to the latrine, I try to eye out how many men he might have backing him up,taking note of faces
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, 3 doors, lead to other parts of the inn. stairs up. inn is 1/4 full.
(357) Je'rar: )
(364) Morti: :genuinely confused: "I... don't know who that is Lord"
(364) Morti: "I am only a servant. I have no knowledge of further matters"
(351) DM: (he has no men, strangely enough)
** (357) Je'rar , inside the latrine, keeps an eye out the door,watching,listening **
** (351) Xavick grows suspicious. "Before we proceed any further, I need you to show me your brands." **
** (364) Morti keeps his eyes submissely averted, playing a slaves roll... naturally **
** (351) Xavick reaches for the silver coffer, pulling it close to him. **
(576) Creeper386 (enter): 22:12
(351) Xavick: Well? Show me your brands, to prove who you are!
(576) Creeper386 (exit): 22:12
(351) DM: For the first time since you've seen Xavick, a glimmer of fear crosses his face.
(357) Je'rar: (is there a back exit?)
(351) DM: (yes, but not easily visible)
(357) Je'rar: (is there a back exit?)
(364) Morti: :keeping calm as possible: "I have no brand of My current Maste3r Lord. He acquired me in trade only several days ago. I can show you the brand of my former master if that is sufficient." :dumble:
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: (glances behind her, meaningfully)
(351) Xavick: I've heard enough. I'm leaving now. Give my thanks to Yith'sehta when next you see her.
(357) Je'rar: Disconnecting from server...
(357) Je'rar (exit): 22:14
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur readies his rope and makes a knotted lasso
** (351) Xavick stands up quickly. **
(351) DM: (init)
(364) Morti: :pitifully: "I do not know who that is, Lord. Please Listen."
(578) Je'rar (enter): 22:15
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(364) Morti: :pleading: "My Master will be upset with me if I fail this simple act"
(578) Je'rar (exit): 22:15
(578) Je'rar (enter): 22:15
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (578) Je'rar...
(364) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
(351) DM: (rolling init)
(578) Je'rar: (is there a back exit?)
(351) DM: (Mike, you asked that already, I said yes but not easily visible)
(578) Je'rar: (sorry Stan, but my screen wouldn't let me type or read anything; had to exit and re-load
(351) DM: (init pls)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 22
(351) DM: (Trayn?)
(506) Trayn : ((not sure if im here - ok i am))
(578) Je'rar: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
(506) Trayn : Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [18,1] = (19)
(351) DM: (22, Rainur)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(580) Valuk d'lil Tresk'ri (enter): 22:18
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [17,2] = (19)
(580) Valuk d'lil Tresk'ri (whispering): recruiting any room left if so what the character lvl
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade covers him and tries to tie him up **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
(351) DM: You become visible...and try to lasso a very surprised Xavick. (miss)
(351) Xavick: Treachery!
(351) Xavick: (begins chanting)
(506) Trayn : ((how close am I to Xavick?))
(351) DM: (19, Trayn)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Shut him up trayn
(580) Valuk d'lil Tresk'ri (whispering): NYC IS THeir any room in this camp anymore?
(351) DM: The innkeep and other patrons in the inn room look up in alarm as everything else falls silent.
(351) DM: (Melee range)
** (364) Morti curses under his breath **
** (506) Trayn gets to him and smacks him with his mace **
(351) DM: ((Lurkers, please keep the questions to after the game. Quitting in 20 minutes))
(506) Trayn : Attack: Trayn swings his +2 Heavy Mace [1d20+3+3+2] -> [4,3,3,2] = (12)
(506) Trayn : ((how very sad))
(351) DM: (miss) (you become visible)
(580) Valuk d'lil Tresk'ri (exit): 22:21
(351) DM: (16, Morti)
** (364) Morti groans and points toward the slaver giving what sounds like an agrevated groan(daze DC 12) **
(351) DM: (Xavick began chanting on 19 btw.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [6,3] = (9)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] -> [17,6] = (23)
(351) DM: (saved)
(351) DM: (16, Je'rar)
(578) Je'rar: exits the latrine,with sword and mace and *charges* at Xavick
(578) Je'rar: [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21)
(578) Je'rar: [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
(351) DM: (21 hits)
(578) Je'rar: (no idea where that 2nd roll came from)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] -> [20,12] = (32)
(578) Je'rar: lol
(578) Je'rar: [1d8+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
(351) DM: (continues chanting, made Conc check)
(578) Je'rar: (2nd rooll is supposed to be at +6
(351) DM: (16 hits as well)
(351) DM: (might affect Conc check. roll damage pls)
(578) Je'rar: [1d6+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
(351) DM: (didn't affect it)
(578) Je'rar: heh
(351) DM: (seriously wounded)
(578) Je'rar: "Surrender or die"
(351) DM: Xavick triumphantly shouts and lets loose a pea sized ball of flame from his fingertip that explodes in the middle of the room. (Fort or Reflex, as applicable)
(581) Creeper386 (enter): 22:28
(581) Creeper386 (exit): 22:28
(351) Xavick: I don't think so! (laughs uproariously)
(506) Trayn : (reflex)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
(506) Trayn : Saving Throws: Reflex Save [1d20+1+1] -> [14,1,1] = (16)
(364) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+2] -> [10,2] = (12)
(578) Je'rar: [1d20+5] -> [2,5] = (7)
(364) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [11,4] = (15)
(351) DM: The ball of crimson flame quickly expands to a fireball that explodes with a deafening boom in the tavern, as the walls catch afire. Patrons quickly vacate the premises screaming for mercy. The innkeep calls for the guards.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [5d6] -> [5,3,6,3,5] = (22)
(578) Je'rar: (I guess he got burned too then :P )
(590) Lightfaith (enter): 22:30
(351) DM: (all who rolled under 18, failed. take 22 unless you roll Karma)
(590) Lightfaith (exit): 22:31
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [11,3] = (14)
(364) Morti: (karma)
(364) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [8,3] = (11)
(364) Morti: (one more time)
(578) Je'rar: (well seeing as I'm going away for awhile.. good a time as any to use kharma :P )
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Now ye will die"
(364) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(578) Je'rar: [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14)
(578) Je'rar (whispering): damn!
(364) Morti: (woohoo!)
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade draws swords **
(578) Je'rar: "You are so dead"
(351) DM: (yep. take 11 if you make it. or if you used Reflex, none.)
(351) DM: The inn is on fire though.
(351) DM: Bulghvus failed and is on the floor, unconscious.
(351) DM: (22, Rainur)
(364) Morti: (so succeeding reflex, take no dmg?)
(351) DM: (yes)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
(364) Morti: (cool)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: threat
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [20,11] = (31)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: crit
(506) Trayn (whispering): should be half... they dont have evasion
whispering to Trayn , I know. I'm breaking the rules a bit.
(364) Morti: (Bulghvus was with us?)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: yup
(351) DM: (yes he was)
(578) Je'rar: (he's on the floor)
(364) Morti: (Darn, Could have used him instead of Rhian as accompaniment)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: 24 for the crit
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+3] -> [1,3] = (4)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: 4 for the normal hit
(351) DM: (Rhian is here, mind you. :))
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 28
(351) DM: (28 more than hits)
(351) Xavick: Do your worst, barbarian.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ((huh))
(351) DM: (oops heheh, my bad)
(351) DM: (critically wounded)
(578) Je'rar: ((like, if I took 28 points, I'd not be talkking very much :P ))
(351) DM: (19, Trayn)
** (506) Trayn swings again... this time with a little doubt **
(506) Trayn : Attack: Trayn swings his +2 Heavy Mace [1d20+3+3+2] -> [11,3,3,2] = (19)
(351) DM: (he just uttered that like "Do...your...worst...barbar-ian!")
(506) Trayn : Damage: Trayn's +2 Heavy Mace does [1d8+3+2] -> [3,3,2] = (8) of damage
(351) DM: (Ooo.)
(506) Trayn (whispering): enacting the spell storing ability
** (351) Xavick dies. **
(578) Je'rar: [1d20+7] -> [7,7] = (14)
(578) Je'rar: [1d20+5] -> [10,5] = (15)
(506) Trayn (whispering): hold person will save dc 16
(578) Je'rar: lol
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Take the coffer and lets get out of here!"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: You have no Fate but the Fate you have made.
(506) Trayn (whispering): hmm i guess not
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Get baghvus"
** (578) Je'rar goes to hoist Bulghvus over his shoulder and blasts his way through the back door **
(578) Je'rar: "Follow me!"
** (364) Morti cringes as Xavick is struck down, and looks about the ruined bar wearily. "This didn't go so well...." **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Get the coffer quickly before the guards come.
(506) Trayn : "what about the slaves?"
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade grabs the coffer and runs out the back **
(578) Je'rar (exit): 22:39
(578) Je'rar (enter): 22:39
(578) Je'rar (exit): 22:39
(578) Je'rar (enter): 22:39
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: There'll be time enough for them later. There's more going on here than meets the eye. Quickly, friends.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (578) Je'rar...
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "out the back way
(578) Je'rar: "Can you ask a corpse? We'll ask Bobak about that"
** (364) Morti runs after the others, taking Rhian's word for it **
(578) Je'rar: "I think Evelyn's gonna really hate doing my laundry"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ok morti, do your magic so we can get into our inn safely
(351) DM: As you leave the burning inn, shouts come from the front -- lots of shouts meaning that the City Watch is here, along with a fire fighting brigade and mages.
** (506) Trayn is a bit unnerved at all of this **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: That coffer is not the coffer I was trapped in.
** (364) Morti nods to Rainur and pulls out a bit of fleece and focuses his mind, Soon the visage of common folk shrouds the group. (silent image) **
(364) Morti: "Let's hurry to the inn. This takes a lot of concentration."
** (375) Rainur Swiftblade runs iinto the other inn with the party **
(351) DM: You eventually make it into your inn, and into your rooms safely and in one piece. Rek is there, in the common romm, playing a game of halfling tossing.
** (578) Je'rar heeds Morti's advice and makes haste **
(351) DM: room*
(578) Je'rar: (lol and HE would !)
** (364) Morti lets out a winded breath as he leans back against the closed door. **
(351) Coia: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(578) Je'rar: "SHut up lady and get us some clean cloths"
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Relax J'e rar
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: It appears I may have to put off my trip for a while longer. (sighs)
(578) Je'rar: "Be helpful,if you care abiut bulgy-whuggy ,ok?"
(364) Morti: :to illusion fallls away as he moves to sit on the bed, petting Moiraine where she lie
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well hello Coia"
(578) Je'rar: "Who's that? I'm Tormak, or have you gone daft?"
(351) DM: (you're in your rooms. not the common room)
(578) Je'rar: "Eh,renfrek?"
(594) Valuk d'lil Tresk'ri (enter): 22:44
(578) Je'rar: (Oh..well then why the AAAAAAAAAAAAA?)
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is not with us ...I think he is downstais"
(578) Je'rar: *Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
(351) DM: ((because she's being tossed by Rek is why))
(594) Valuk d'lil Tresk'ri (whispering): NYC its been 20 min can i ask questions now?
(351) DM: ((still going on Valuk, take a seat and relax))
(578) Je'rar: (rotfl now that just made my entire night :P )
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ((oh LOL))
(351) DM: (When you read the log, I said that Coia is a halfling. :))
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: ((got it))
(578) Je'rar: (oh man.. I'm laughing so hard right now it's a miracle if I don't pis myself :P))
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai concentrates for a minute, then chants softly as the silver coffer glows in a white light. **
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: As I suspected, it's trapped with a key spell.
(506) Trayn : "hmmm I got torched something fierce....I need to be alone"
** (364) Morti watches Rhian's act and asks curiously, "What do you mean? What's in the coffer anway?" **
** (351) Rhian Aes Sedai takes out a silver rod, similar in appearance to the rod she used in Drenla's funeral spell, except that its not covered in diamond dust, and chants, gesticulating with her right hand as she weaves the spell. **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "The slaves are in there
(569) Booga (exit): 22:48
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: No, not something so clever as that.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is what I think...a perfect transportaion vehicle"
(578) Je'rar: "I could use a spot of healing too, Trayn"
(351) DM: In answer, the coffer glows in time to the glowing silver rod. The light eventually fades away.
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: You'll find its safe to open the coffer now.
(364) Morti: "What's inside?"
** (506) Trayn shakes his head at Je'rar **
** (578) Je'rar looks on in fascination **
(506) Trayn : (as in shut up fool)
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: Not the slaves, Trayn. I've been thinking about what Xavick said. We were to agree to an agreement. Nothing more, nothing less.
(578) Je'rar: "Aw hey Trayn.. we all get hurt in this life; no point in crying about it.. although I gotta agree.. I think I hurt more right now than I ever have"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: The slaves are elsewhere, as I suspect, the source of the red gold.
** (578) Je'rar tries to smile, even though he looks very well-singed,and partially cooked **
(364) Morti: "Eh?"
(351) Rhian Aes Sedai: I think you'll find the answers to your questions inside that coffer.
(375) Rainur Swiftblade: "Damn him, I thought we were doing the right thing here"
(351) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
** (364) Morti nods to Rhian and reaches over to open the lid of the coffer **
** (578) Je'rar reaches to oopen the coffer **
(375) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): all of this happened so fast
(578) Je'rar: ll
(578) Je'rar: *lol
(351) DM: I'll send an e-mail tomorrow which details what happens as a result of today.
(578) Je'rar: well, at least Je'rar got to see one thing to its conclusion.. the end of Xavick
(351) DM: Next session begins tomorrow morning.


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms