Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
4 Guests
Registered Users: BennyKep, CharlesAgils


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(3438) Morti: has he brought an offering?
(3433) TaliesinNYC: heh
(3438) Morti: You shall gift us with chocolate snack cakes, lest ye be banished!
(3433) TaliesinNYC: feel free to lurk. there IS an opening for a player, but there is also a screening process so if you're interested in joining, you're going to have to wait until the game is over which is 5 hours from now
(3433) TaliesinNYC: someone get Mike
(3433) DM: do we need a recap from last session or are we all set?
(3438) Morti: I think we're good
 (3437) Evarian: last thing that happened was the drenla conversation on the board wasnt it ?
(3433) DM: As for Drenla's spirit, he fades away shortly after Morti's reply to him, sighing in response.
 (3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, how do we get off this island lads?"
** (3438) Morti bows his head respectably. "Good evening, Learned Magus. I will do my best to live up to your belief in me." **
(3433) DM: (see room 33 above which is where you are)
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): k doin it now
** (3438) Morti looks back to Rainur. "Well unless they teleported or something, Nastisha and Vladizier have to have a boat handy" **
(3434) Trayn (whispering): role 3435 its Je'rar
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh no not again....I do not want to go back to that salty lake...uih...sea"
(3438) Morti: :lulls his head sorrowfully to Rainur: "We kinda have to"
(3434) Trayn : "well they are powerful mages... any number of ways of transport are viable"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3435) je'rar Ogrebane...
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade grits his teeth "Very well" **
(3437) Evarian (whispering): rhian is still with us right ?
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: You mean to tell me, Rainur, that you're afraid of a little water? (grins)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Fear no...discomfort, yes"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: Vladizier has a boat, true enough, but it's a skiff....not large enough to carry all of us.
(3439) Raevanain: "first id like to search the rest of the keep"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: You can find it in the boathouse, on the dungeon level.
(3438) Morti: :grimaces at Rhian's words: "That's not good"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "My lady, can ye offer another way?
(3437) Evarian: "Do you have any way to transport us Rhian Sedai?"
** (3435) je'rar Ogrebane looks about distractedly **
(3438) Morti: :nods to Raevanain:
(3434) Trayn : "Rhian is probably very tired and weary"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: Well, as a matter of fact, I can. But we shall have to wait for nightfall.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Are ye allright Je'rar?"
(3437) Evarian: ((whats the time atm?))
(3438) Morti (whispering): weren't we down in the dungeon last?
(3433) DM: (fyi, this is 15 minutes after Evarian and Raevanain slew Maevan'arys)
whispering to Morti, no
(3439) Raevanain has sent you a tree node...
(3438) Morti (whispering): okay
(3433) DM: (so she has not yet raised Je'rar)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((ok))
whispering to Raevanain, fine with me
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): ta
(3437) Evarian: "Well if we have to wait for nightfall then that gives us some time to search the keep i suppose"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "My lady, when can ye begin to bring Je'rar?"
(3441) Terl (enter): 23:43
(3438) Morti: "While we wait then, we might as well check around for anything important, and we have to do something about those guardians." :stomache grumbles loudly: "Heh... uh... could ge something to eat and rest up a bit first though?"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: Just call me Rhian, Rainur. I am not nobility or raised on high. (smiles)
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: I shall begin the casting even as we speak. It is important that I not be disturbed during this time.
(3439) Raevanain: "you can rest if you wish, I think ill proceed to search a few of the rooms"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays...come on lets leave her be"
** (3433) Rhian Aes Sedai settles down on the ground near the wineskin and concentrates. **
** (3437) Evarian nods and follows Raevanain **
(3441) Kyla (whispering): Sorry for being late
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3441) Kyla...
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "We search the keep for something to eat and the servants"
** (3434) Trayn quiets and gives eveyone the look of death if they start up **
** (3438) Morti settles down watching Rhian, while dipping into his bag to grab some rations for a bit to eat **
** (3439) Raevanain walks out of the room leaving Rhian to do her work **
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): im heading to the room the staff was in
(3433) DM: The last thing you see as you peer over your shoulder is a man-sized form, wrapped in an aura of white light, slowly taking shape on the ground near Rhian.
whispering to Raevanain, ok
** (3437) Evarian follows Raevanain after one last look at Rhian **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (Rainur walks into 31 and motions to alll to follow)
** (3438) Morti looks over to Rainur, "Drenla said the guardian's here can be redeemed, right?" **
** (3434) Trayn does that **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "One can and the other is animal"
(3442) Durion (enter): 23:47
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): group goes to 31
whispering to je'rar Ogrebane, sit back and relax, this is going to take some time.
whispering to je'rar Ogrebane, you''ll come back all right, as you are, except that Rhian is going to exact a price from you for raising you.
** (3438) Morti nods to Rainur in understanding, setting down his pack and heading after them, carrying a bit of jerky, leaving Moiraine to sit with Rhian **
whispering to je'rar Ogrebane,
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): good.. every other sat night there's another campaign I'm in that starts after yours ends
whispering to je'rar Ogrebane, [Bad dice format] - [EG]
whispering to je'rar Ogrebane, k
(3438) Morti: :To Rainur: "You'er good with animals, right? Think we could save them both?"
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): when i get to the room i want to cast Detect magic
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will try"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come lets leave her"
** (3438) Morti gives his naturally awkward grin and bites off a bit of jerky **
(3433) DM: (Rhian will be carrying on conversations with Je'rar in spirit form. It is extremely important that you do not take this into account when playing the game.)
(3419) Jhonen Vasquez (enter): 23:50
(3438) Morti: (hai hai)
(3441) Kyla: (np)
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: So, Je'rar. Before we begin, I should thank you for rescuing me from Vladizier's clutches.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ok
(3419) Jhonen Vasquez (exit): 23:50
(3438) Morti: "So, where to first?"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Woodsman, what did ye want to look for here?"
(3442) Durion (exit): 23:52
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: I suppose I should thank Fate as well, for had my warder not been slain, we would not be in this position.
whispering to Raevanain, ok, you're in the room
(3441) Kyla: "I know that wasn't directed at me, but I'd like to find this Vladizier. he's bound to be close by."
(3433) DM: (you're in location 45)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Kyla, he is dead"
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane: "You're welcome Rhian; I told you I'd protect you"
(3441) Kyla: "So where is his body?"
(3433) DM: (Kyla, scroll up)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oblivion my dear...feeding the fish off this cursed island"
(3438) Morti: :to Kyla: "The top of the southern tower... I think"
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): is the group with us or is it just me and evarian? cause they were going somewhere else werent they
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: I and my sisters thank you, my brave ranger. Would you want to continue protecting me, or should I release you to your own Fate?
(3434) Trayn : "Lets just not forget... danger can still lurk here"
whispering to Raevanain, I'm assuming with you. Ask them.
(3438) Morti: (so we're back in the staff room?)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays Trayn"
(3433) DM: yes
** (3438) Morti moves to examine the three books **
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): ok skip the detect magic thing
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane: "my only fate s that which I carve out for myself; you know that"
** (3439) Raevanain looks in the sacks one by one **
(3433) DM: Two of the books are concerned with conjuration magicka and summoning spells. The third is bound in dried fragile brown leather.
** (3433) Rhian Aes Sedai smiles at Je'rar's statement. **
** (3438) Morti opens the third book cautiously **
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade sits on the ground (in rm 44) and just relaxes as the others loot and acquire their teasures **
(3434) Trayn : "hmmm any worthy titles?"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: True enough, Je'rar, true enough. Then let me be plain: I am in need of a Warder, for the one bound to me has been slain. And yet in you, I sense a free spirit, one who is bound to his will. So, I offer ye a choice: bind yourself to me for a time of your choosing, or we shall part company when we leave this Isle.
** (3435) je'rar Ogrebane is lost in deep thought **
(3433) DM: It seems to be a spellbook. The edges of the tome are tinged with a green substance that flakes off when the book is opened. (Fort save, Morti)
(3438) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
whispering to Raevanain, first sack, 500 platinum royals
(3434) Trayn : ((nice roll))
whispering to Raevanain, second sack, 500 golden crowns
(3437) Evarian: ((seems that that sacrifice earlier is still working for ya :p))
whispering to Raevanain, third sack, electrum nobles
whispering to Raevanain, fourth sack, rings and gemstones
(3438) Morti: (bow before the might of the turkey sandwiche!)
(3434) Trayn : "I shall repeat myself... lets just not forget... danger can still lurk here"
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade starts to snore **
(3434) Trayn : "Please be more cautious Morti"
 (3434) Trayn : "some sort of glyph could be placed on these books"
(3445) ZJX (enter): 00:01
** (3438) Morti grimaces at the green stuff which comes off onto his gloved hands, trying to wipe it off on the wall **
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane: "Ok Rhian... I accept.. but, it might be nice if you tell me what a Warder is and deoes, so that I;ll know what to expect"
 (3439) Raevanain (whispering): [1d20+6] -> [4,6] = (10)
(3434) Trayn : "im sure you are familiar with the various traps of mages and sorcerors"
(3433) DM: It's a powdery substance that reminds you of a rattlesnake's scales.
(3438) Morti: :To Trayn: "I know. I should probably wait for my magic to regenerate itself, so I can serch them for foreign spells or the like first"
  ** (3437) Evarian walks over and looks at the chests **
(3438) Morti: "Um... could you grab my water skin and use it to squirt this stuff off my gloves?"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does being bound to Rhian mean nightly sexual romps? You know about those witches! LOL
(3437) Evarian: "wonder what surprises these have inside .. and what are waiting for whoever tries to find out"
(3446) Jhonen Vasquez (enter): 00:04
(3434) Trayn : "sure"
(3446) Jhonen Vasquez (exit): 00:04
** (3434) Trayn complies **
(3439) Raevanain: "you were a tad wrong rainur, there is coin to be found here"
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade is passed out on the floor **
** (3439) Raevanain shrugs and goes back to the sacks **
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): how much do those sacks weigh? like could i carry them lol
(3445) ZJX (exit): 00:05
** (3437) Evarian looks closely at the chests to try and find anything out of the ordinary (spot check) **
(3437) Evarian: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [5,8] = (13)
** (3438) Morti wipes off his wetted hands and turns back to the book, using the tip of his dagger to turn the page as he tries to carefully get a gist of what is written **
(3437) Evarian: ((ack))
(3441) Kyla: "There were more traps in this room than in the room they taught me about traps. It's not a good idea to go pokeing about here."
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade 's body is now slumped on the floor as he is fast asleep **
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: Not so hasty, Je'rar. A Warder is one who protects a Sister of the Tower from dangers that the One Power cannot overcome. You would be, in effect, my bodyguard, travelling where I go, doing my will. In exchange, you are granted the right to reside in Nith'Tar Valon, along with the right to bear arms as a citizen of the city, and all the diplomatic status that an emissary of the White Tower entails.
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: Of course, this means that you shall be removed from your companions, if you choose this fate.
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: I will not be travelling with you when we return to the mainland. I must return to Nith'Tar Valon and report to the Amarilyn Seat.
(3438) Morti: :jokes to Kyla: "Oh... where should we poke?"
whispering to Raevanain, a bit. they jingle though. =P
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): if they wake rainur up he will wake up and draw his dagger
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, ok
(3434) Trayn : "what was on your hands Morti?"
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): oh thats so bollox! lol nah i wasnt planning to steal them, but not everyones here so wanted to put them all in 1 sack and carry it, possible?
(3438) Morti (whispering): can I read what's in the brown leather book?
whispering to Raevanain, nothing unusual
(3438) Morti: :shrugs: "Maybe poison"
whispering to Evarian, nothing unusual
** (3434) Trayn looks at this situation with a knowing look **
whispering to Morti, sure, they're spells.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "ZZZZZZZ"
whispering to Morti, I'll send you a node in a few
(3434) Trayn : "poison is not so easily gotten rid of"
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane: "I htink we'd better talk more on this then..but so far, I say it sounds good"
(3441) Kyla: "Patience, young master. There is plenty of time to examine the items safely, I'm just not feeling that great right now, and wouldn't want it to interfeer with sucessfully keeping you from harm."
(3434) Trayn : Skills: Heal [1d20+5+5] -> [4,5,5] = (14)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "ZZZZZ"
(3439) Raevanain: "if your worried about traps you might want to remove yourself to the next room"
(3433) DM: ((OC: Mike, if you accept Rhian's offer, you'll be retiring Je'rar. FYI.))
(3434) Trayn : "let me know if you feel ill"
** (3438) Morti heads back into room 44 and strips the sheet from the bed, then returns to 45 and wraps the spellbook in it **
** (3437) Evarian shrugs .. curiousity getting the better of him and opens the chest closest to him **
(3438) Morti: "Nah, I feel okay"
(3438) Morti (whispering): btw, alchemy check on the rattlesnake stuff
(3438) Morti: Alchemy Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [17,4] = (21)
(3433) DM: Locked.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "ZZZZ"
whispering to Morti, contact poison.
(3441) Kyla: "It's not the injury from the trap, I deserved that, it's ... I'm just regreting a bad sdecision. That's all. I'd like some time to think it out before I need to concentrate."
(3439) Raevanain: "who is asking you to concentrate kyla? do not worry, if you are tired feel free to rest..as rainur seems to be doing"
(3438) Morti (whispering): do I know if the water would have diluted it off well enough?
whispering to Morti, probably
** (3438) Morti then moves over to inspect the scroll tube **
(3441) Kyla: "It's not that either. I don't feel I did the right thing letting you kill the drow."
(3433) DM: It's a jade scroll tube.
(3439) Raevanain: "I didnt give you much choice"
** (3437) Evarian checks to see if the other chests are also locked **
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade lets out a juicy wet one and turns over to his side and continues to snore "ZZZZZZ" **
(3439) Raevanain: ((damn the dog! must of given rainur ideas!))
(3433) DM: The second chest is bound in silver and closed but not locked. The third chest is bound in platinum bands and locked.
(3441) Kyla: "That thought is bugging me, and I'm haveing a hard time concentrating. I'd feel even worse if my problem caused aharm to someone here."
(3448) Veav (enter): 00:15
** (3438) Morti tenses at the mention of the drow's murder, and tries to focus on what's in front of him. Opening the tube away from himself and the others, he then looks to check the contents **
(3439) Raevanain: "go back to the previous room and sleep it off"
(3433) DM: You can hear a bell chime faintly in the distance.
(3437) Evarian: "i dont suppose that you can check these chests for traps Kyla?"
whispering to Morti, it's mostly gibberish but one word stands out at you: the magickal rune for protection.
(3434) Trayn : "just take it... dont examine it now"
** (3434) Trayn advises Morti **
(3441) Kyla: "maby you're right. bout the killing, and sleeping on it. I'll detrap the stuff in a few hours."
whispering to Morti, you've never seen this type of scroll before. it fairly radiates power.
** (3437) Evarian sighs at the sound of the bell "what now ...." **
** (3439) Raevanain shrugs and looks at Evarian "you want to open it or should i?" **
(3434) Trayn : "Injuries I can fix now and injuries i can fix later"
(3437) Evarian: i might as well.
** (3438) Morti looks over the scroll curiously for a moment, then turns back to Trayn with a nod and reseals it in the tube **
(3434) Trayn : "but if you wait till later... I can only fix injuries later"
** (3437) Evarian opens the silver bound chest **
** (3434) Trayn nods at Morti's wise choice **
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade mutters in his sleep "I can't possibly make love to all three of you, but I will certainly give it my best shot! ZZZZZ" **
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): damn.. when does she need an answer by ?
(3441) Kyla: ""I can fix my own injury, when I feel I ahve learned my lesson from it. Thank you for the offer though."
(3439) Raevanain: ((i thought he was a virtuous man mourning his lost wife :P ))
(3437) Evarian: ((i suddenly get this uh-oh feeling about opening that chest :P ))
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: Raising you will take some time and will drain me of my magicka. It will give you some time to think my offer over, should ye wish it, Je'rar. I would not ask much further of you, given that you have given much to me.
whispering to je'rar Ogrebane, in one day
whispering to je'rar Ogrebane, its going to take a long time for her to ressurect you.
whispering to Evarian, jewelry, silk and coins.
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade continues to mutter "So this is the elven way...ah I see... ZZZZ" **
whispering to Evarian, a folded strip of expensive silk, silver and golden bracelets and coins.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, lol!!!
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): ok.. I reckon this is gonna cut me out of the session then
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): good thing,actually.. it's gonna take a lot of thought on what to do
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): so there was nothing else in the room that was magic from my detect magic spell?
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade once again mutters "How is it that a man like me has three elven maids to myself...oh this is naughty...ZZZZ" **
whispering to Raevanain, not that you can detect at this time...
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, rofl
** (3441) Kyla checks to see of Rainur has grown a third arm. **
(3439) Raevanain: "dont suppose you can use a silence spell Trayn"
** (3437) Evarian smiles faintly, looking into the chest that he opened. **
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade once again "Well I will only take one of ye home tonight, who shall it be? ZZZZ" **
** (3438) Morti crouches down near Rainur listening in a bit curious. Then stifling a giggle, he leans in and whispers to the slumbering barbarian ".. and then the elven maidens begin to turn into three grotesgue serpent men!" **
(3450) Silverlocke (enter): 00:23
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): can i fit 2 of the sacks full of coins into the 3rd sack? so i only have to carry them in 1
whispering to Raevanain, you can try...
(3434) Trayn : "I can... but I dont have one memorized right now"
(3450) Silverlocke (exit): 00:24
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will take the one who is the best kisser among the three ZZZZ"
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): lol well how about carrying all 3 at once?
(3439) Raevanain: "wheres your cat now morti"
** (3437) Evarian looks to the group "Do any of you have an empty sack ? " **
whispering to Raevanain, ok
(3451) Mercenary (enter): 00:24
(3438) Morti: :to Raev: "With Miss Rhian"
(3434) Trayn : "Please Morti... wake him...this is getting indecent"
(3441) Kyla: "It's almost empty."
(3451) Mercenary (exit): 00:25
whispering to Kyla, its gonna make a lotta noise though. jingling coins and all that.
** (3439) Raevanain tries to pick up three of the sacks **
whispering to Kyla, mt
(3441) Kyla (whispering): wrong person
whispering to Raevanain, its gonna make a lotta noise though, jingling coins and all that
whispering to Kyla, right, mt = mistell
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade 's face contorts as if he is kissing someone **
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): im only carrying it to the room 44 lol
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): im not that evil lol
whispering to Raevanain, lol
(3437) Evarian: "Found sime nice little trinkets in here. Some silk, some come coins, and some bracelets .. i'm not sure if theyre normal or have some form of enchantment .. but either way" ::grins::
(3438) Morti: :nods to Trayn, then gives Rainur a stiff shake: "Please wake up... you're starting to get disturbing"
(3437) Evarian: *some silk, some coins* even
(3437) Evarian: ((come on brain .. work dammit))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are all fine kissers, yes, but tonight it is you Tamuril"
(3453) GM Preach (enter): 00:27
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "ZZZ"
** (3439) Raevanain tries to carry the 3 sacks out to room 44 giving Rainur a kick on the way through **
** (3438) Morti cocks his head at the last name and lets the barabarian sleep on for now" **
(3454) Ice Bloodshrine (enter): 00:28
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade is still fast asleep **
(3439) Raevanain: "someone pinch his nose"
(3438) Morti: :and flinches at the sight of Raev's kick:
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you feel the kick.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): he feels the dagger
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, so do something then. =P
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+5] -> [8,5] = (13)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21)
(3454) Ice Bloodshrine (whispering): hi
(3454) Ice Bloodshrine (exit): 00:29
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: As he is being kicked, Rainur starts slicing with his daggers
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: As you (Raevanain) kick Rainur, the barbarian suddenly wakes from his stupor and slashes at you with an unsheathed dagger....
(3433) DM: ooops. lol
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d4+4] -> [3,4] = (7)
(3439) Raevanain: ((from behind? how does that work))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((good one stan)
(3439) Raevanain: ((he is also laying on 1 arm which means 1 should be useless wouldnt it))
(3433) DM: ((I'm going to rule that one of those attacks is out.))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((your call stan))
(3438) Morti: (first rolled, first served)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ok
(3433) DM: ((second roll is out.))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): didn't even use my base attack)
** (3438) Morti jumps back... or more like stumbles back onto ass, surprised by the sudden attack **
(3433) DM: (you hit AC 13.)
(3439) Raevanain: ((which means he dont hit me))
(3433) DM: ((natch. but your kick produced a result which still happens.))
(3439) Raevanain: ((meaning?))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((actually that is not my full attack, but didn't really want to hit anyways))
(3433) DM: ((you kicked him, Rainur woke up and slashed at you. he missed you. end of story...or the beginning as the case may be.))
(3439) Raevanain: ((oh lol))
** (3439) Raevanain keeps walking into room 44 **
(3438) Morti: "Rainur! Calm Down!"
(3434) Trayn : "yes please... and keep quiet as well"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur will put the dagger at his throat
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you need to state that
(3441) Kyla: "It's not his fault, Morti, Raevanain rather deserved it."
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, don't whisper it to me.
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade puts dagger at Raevanian's throat as he springs up **
(3437) Evarian: ((just how hard a kick was it ? i was assuming that it was a small kick...))
(3441) Kyla: "That on the other hand is uncalled for."
(3453) GM Preach (exit): 00:36
(3438) Morti: "Master Rainur! Relax!"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "If you wish to live another day, do not try another stunt like that again"
** (3441) Kyla stands up, and readies her sap **
(3439) Raevanain: ((no i was trying to beat his skull in with my boot and make away with the money, of coarse it was only a wake up kick, also, putting a knife to my throat? dont i get like a reflex roll or something to stop that))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((He is a barbarian))
(3433) DM: ((he still needs to make an attack roll against you. I'm going to rule no.))
** (3437) Evarian readies his bow and looks sharply at rainur **
(3433) DM: ((you can try to dodge the attack if you wish.))
(3439) Raevanain: ((no its ok ill take it))
(3437) Evarian: "how about we all just calm down .. there didnt seem to be anything malicious in it .. you were talking in your sleep"
(3441) Kyla: "We should all jsut sit down for a while. We've had a vey trying time lately, and our tempers are flareing enough to begin with. Let's not start down a path of self sdestruction."
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ?me starts to calm down
** (3439) Raevanain just smiles **
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (enter): 00:38
(3433) DM: ((what happens is that Rainur ATTEMPTED to put a dagger to your throat, but instead you saw him coming and you have the choice to dodge the attack if you wish.))
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (whispering): hi
whispering to Ice Bloodshrine, hi.
(3439) Raevanain: ((no thats ok ill stand there and let it happen))
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (whispering): wat is this?
whispering to Ice Bloodshrine, a camp
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade sheaths his daggers **
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (whispering): i mean like..dnd or watever
whispering to Ice Bloodshrine, yes, its 3E
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (whispering): any open spots?
** (3437) Evarian slowly lowers his bow and shakes his head **
whispering to Ice Bloodshrine, yes but there is a screenning process and I don't accept just anyone.
** (3437) Evarian then goes back to looking at the two locked chests. **
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (whispering): oic
** (3438) Morti lets things settle for a moment before asking, "Are we done in hear?" **
whispering to Veav, feel free to lurk.
** (3439) Raevanain continues on his merry way **
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (whispering): what lvl do w all start at?
whispering to Ice Bloodshrine, 4.
(3434) Trayn : "I certainly hope so"
(3437) Evarian: "One of the chests was unlocked, but these other two arent .. i would like to find out whats in them .."
(3438) Morti: *here rather
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (whispering): hrmm...ill pass
(3441) Kyla: "Well, since it doesn't look like the rest of us are willing to wait, I may as well attempt to detrap the chests and other stuff now."
whispering to Ice Bloodshrine, good.
(3434) Trayn : "then risk your life as you see fit..."
(3456) Ice Bloodshrine (exit): 00:41
(3441) Kyla: "The one I unlocked has a very nice, but oversized for a horse saddle in it."
(3441) Kyla: "It's nbetter than risking the rest of you at eachotehr's throats, litterally."
(3433) DM: (The two small ones in 45?)
** (3438) Morti grabs up the books and scroll tube, carrying them back down to room 35 to peruse them later, while Kyla deals with the chests **
(3437) Evarian: ((the gold cased one and the one i first tried to open (not the silver .. that was unlocked))
(3438) Morti: (35 is where Rhian is, right? if not, then whatever room we left her in)
(3433) DM: (Rhian is still murmuring in a trance to a glowing white man-sized form that looks vaguely like Je'rar but you're unsure.)
(3433) DM: ((room 33))
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade gains his composure and says "My apoligies to all, I have many times had to fend for my life after being awaken from my sleep, it is a reaction" **
(3441) Kyla (whispering): takeing a self imposed -2 to all rolls for a while. I think I made a bad choice with letting the drow be killed without even makeing sure it would be mercifull.
whispering to Kyla, ok
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [17,9] = (26), [1d20+9] -> [12,9] = (21), [1d20+9] -> [20,9] = (29), [1d20+9] -> [11,9] = (20)
(3441) Kyla (whispering): so check traps/disarm them on the other chests, and the 2 books not touched yet. all with teh penalty.
** (3438) Morti returns back upstairs after dropping them off **
whispering to Kyla, like that actually has a detriment. lol. you should see the rolls I'm getting. in any event, no traps, all unlocked.
(3441) Kyla (whispering): the odds will catch up eventually, this applies to ALL rolls. even damage, and yes, under the self imposed, it's possible to do 0 damage witha sucessfull hit.
** (3439) Raevanain places the sacks down against the north wall of room 44 **
(3441) Kyla: "Looks safe to me, ane the other 2 chests are unlocked. go ahead, and loot. the other two books appear safe too."
** (3437) Evarian smiles to kyla "thanks" **
** (3437) Evarian then checks the recently opened chests **
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade walks over to morti "uh...what was it that I said? " **
(3439) Raevanain: ((morti is in a diff room))
(3433) DM: One of the chests contains A LOT of golden crowns. ((OC: Eventually I'm going to start using just the campaign terms for money, but I'm going easy now because there's a lot of new players. So eventually you're going to have to get used to knowing what a crown is, what a harpstar is, etc.))
(3439) Raevanain: ((oh he returned sorr))
** (3438) Morti cocks his head to Rainur. "Said about what?" **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "They said I was talking in my sleep"
(3433) DM: The other chest contains four sealed glass vials:
(3433) DM: a sealed glass vial with a bubbling red-orange liquid
(3433) DM: a sealed glass flask with a grainy oily gray liquid
(3433) DM: a sealed glass flask with a dull green-gray viscous liquid
(3433) DM: a sealed glass vial with a black gloppy substance.
** (3438) Morti 's eyes widen a bit and a barely noticably bit of blush hints at the copper skin of his upper cheeks. "I can't repeat that!" **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "What?....Mortimar, what did I say?"
** (3437) Evarian motions to morti "i think that you would be the one to look at these .." indicating one of the chests **
(3434) Trayn : "hmm dangerous or wondrous potions"
(3433) DM: The vials and flasks are in a velvet lined wooden chest.
(3434) Trayn : "or poisons.."
** (3438) Morti eeks away from Rainur and happily joins Evarian to look in the chest **
(3434) Trayn : "I can determine that at a later date"
(3437) Evarian: ::to trayn:: "I agree, we will have time later"
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade walks over to trayn "What did I say in my sleep that would have someine kick me?" **
(3438) Morti: :glances up to Trayn: "Good, cause I have no idea what they are"
(3434) Trayn : "and coin... I suggest we fill our pockets"
(3434) Trayn : "that way some good can come from them"
** (3434) Trayn makes sure they are not red coins... **
(3437) Evarian: ::to trayn:: "there is more coin in another chest, as well as some bracelets and a piece of silk"
(3441) Kyla: "You were haveing a ..nice, I guess dream, and it was rather distracting to us."
(3438) Morti: "We can grab the valuables later. We should deal with urgent matters first, right?"
(3433) DM: None of the coins are red gold.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah.. I didn't say ...anything...uh....embarrasing Kyla did I?"
(3434) Trayn : "it concerned Tamuril... of a sensitive nature Rainur"
(3434) Trayn : "you were certainly heading that way..."
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade 's face turns red as a beet 'Ah" **
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): should last for 4 minutes, u tell me
** (3441) Kyla blushes, and turns away. **
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): has 4 minutes passed?
 (3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well...(clearing throat)...what have we found here"
** (3438) Morti heads back out to 44 and moves toward the wardrobe. Picking up the cane he looks it over thoughtfully, toying with it as if he had a limp **
(3441) Kyla: "...And 2 others, undidentified."
** (3439) Raevanain goes back into the room and looks around "these are quite obviously magical" concerning the vials, and searchings around the jewelery for a bracelet "as is this" **
(3438) Morti: :calls to Rainur: "You're perversity"
** (3437) Evarian chuckles at morti's comment **
(3441) Kyla: "No, Morti, it wasn't really perversity, he did say only 1 of them this night...."
(3433) DM: The bracelet in question is a simple silver bracelet with a single aquamarine inset on it, and an arcane rune inscribed on the gem.
(3439) Raevanain: "depends on your definition of peversity"
 (3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ah no...well....it was only one for 3 years after that"
(3434) Trayn : "well lets take them... and see to Rhian"
** (3439) Raevanain looks over at morti "that cane is magical as well morti" **
(3434) Trayn : "and the rest of these things... yes"
** (3438) Morti bluches a bit, or perhaps a lot which the crimson lower half of his face hides, as he chuckles **
(3437) Evarian: "Agreed trayn .. and then lets get off this island .. i feel that i have been a 'guest' here long enough"
(3438) Morti: "eh?"
** (3439) Raevanain carries the bracelet out to the sacks and drops it in **
(3439) Raevanain: "the cane is magical morti"
(3438) Morti: :picks up the cane: "Eh? are you a mage too?"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (You all notice that
** (3439) Raevanain shakes his head "just a simple elf" **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur has not touched a thing in this room)
** (3438) Morti cocks his head, "Elve's can sense magick?" **
** (3439) Raevanain continues looking around "some" **
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): whats in room 44 again? item wise
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): i know theres an emerald
(3434) Trayn : "saying you are a simple is elf is not like you are saying you are a simple orc I imagine"
** (3438) Morti nods to Raev **
(3458) Cromwell Furfoot (enter): 01:00
(3434) Trayn : "let Raevanain keep his own counsel..."
(3434) Trayn : "without any of us prying into it uninvited"
(3439) Raevanain: "that would once again depend on your definition of simple orc"
(3458) Cromwell Furfoot (exit): 01:01
whispering to Raevanain, sent you a description
** (3438) Morti uses the cane to open the wardrobe **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "I would like to find these servants and free them from here"
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): how big are the globes of light?
(3433) DM: The wardrobe contains six black robes, as well as a black silk cloak.
whispering to Raevanain, 20' diameter
(3441) Kyla: "We all have our secrets, it's not wise to go prying uninvited into the secrets of people oyu need to get along with."
** (3439) Raevanain goes and opens the wooden chest **
** (3438) Morti takes out the cloak, looking it over before trying it on **
(3437) Evarian: ((so we grabbed all the coins etc from the chests in room 45 right ?))
(3433) DM: Inside is a LARGE saddle. Perhaps it fits an overly large horse. The saddle is made of finely worked leather and is encrusted with rubies and mother of pearl.
(3433) DM: ((yes))
(3437) Evarian: ((and the silk .. cant forget the silk .. we can make a nice gag for rainur :p ))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((LOL))
** (3439) Raevanain looks at it shrugs and goes over to the shelf **
(3439) Raevanain: ((masterwork gag))
(3437) Evarian: ((hehe))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "This is an interesting saddle"
(3433) DM: A goblin skull, a cut emerald, six waterlogged books and some pewter figurines.
** (3437) Evarian looks in at the clothes in the wardrobe "something tells me that Vladizier liked black ... " **
** (3439) Raevanain looks them over againd...shrugs grabs the emerald and drops that in the sacks "next room?" **
(3433) DM: ((where next guys?))
** (3438) Morti , now cloaked, takes a staged stance with the cane and adopts a rediculous accent, "Bow beefore me, fools! I zee count of zis manor! Muwahaha!" **
(3461) Lord of Chaos (enter): 01:05
(3439) Raevanain: "he was wearing his only coloured robe when he exploded"
(3461) Lord of Chaos (exit): 01:06
(3439) Raevanain: "shouldnt mess with magical canes morti, might be cursed and turn you into a women"
** (3439) Raevanain picks up the three sacks again **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (it was dfinately coloured after he exploded))
(3437) Evarian: ((lol))
(3438) Morti: "Bleah, Bleah!... EH?" :looks down at the cane after the elf's words"
(3441) Kyla: ""you are treading on dangerous ground, Raevanian."
** (3437) Evarian picks up the 4th sack from room 45 and looks to the group "So .. where to then" **
(3439) Raevanain: "being a women is not a bad thing kyla, but personally i wouldnt like to be changed from other then i am, i doubt morti would like it either"
** (3438) Morti looks over the cane curiously for markings or outstanding features **
(3437) Evarian: ((oh i dunno .. ask any woman you talk to .. they will all tell you women are always right .. ))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((LOL))
(3439) Raevanain: ((so it does have its perks i guess..))
(3438) Morti: (hey... Morti could finally be right!)
(3439) Raevanain: ((lol))
(3437) Evarian: ((lol))
(3433) DM: Just a plain wooden cane, with the magickal rune for "command" engraved on it.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well where to now ?"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (as rainur examines the saddle)
** (3437) Evarian makes sure that they have grabbed everything of obvious value and then looks to rainur "to rhian then off this island ? " **
** (3438) Morti scratches his head dried, blotchy scalp and looks back to the others **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): looks for hairs on the saddle or feathers etc.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, its a really large saddle maybe for a REALLY large horse. =)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no, its clean.
(3438) Morti: "How about the kitchen?"
(3439) Raevanain: "im assuming you havent searched the entire keep yet? i wouldnt mind looking at the study, might have some nice things in there"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "OK to the study"
(3433) DM: ((OC: group has been to every room on this floor except area 40))
(3437) Evarian: ((i say we head there then :p ))
(3438) Morti: :agrees with Raev: "Yes, I definately want to check the study too. And the guaridans, and I'd really like to take another look at that bell room
(3441) Kyla: "There's a notehr gap in this Floor I'd like to spend some time checking out."
(3433) DM: ((If you recall, there's a 12' gap between the south edge of the floor in area 39 and the door that leads to area 40.))
(3433) DM: ((The gap leads 60' down to the merrow room, in the dungeon level. {g}))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye that would be another place to check"
(3437) Evarian: ((i think that was the session where nate was playing while i was laughing at his hangover :P))
(3448) Veav (exit): 01:13
** (3441) Kyla points to the south west corner of room 44. there's a thinck wall there, probibly has some sort of secret door, or could be a chimney from a fireplace down below, either way, I'd like to check it out. **
(3439) Raevanain: ((oh dont even remind me of that, that was evil!))
** (3439) Raevanain looks over at the corner trying to determine if theres any secret door **
(3433) DM: ((already done.))
(3439) Raevanain: "nothing there I can see"
(3441) Kyla: "Might be on the other side, or in the hallway."
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "I guess we go downstairs"
** (3433) Rhian Aes Sedai concentrates and begins ressurecting Je'rar. **
** (3438) Morti heads back down stairs ahead of the others **
(3439) Raevanain: "downstairs it is" lifts the sacks over his shoulder and starks walking
** (3437) Evarian grabs a sack and follows **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: The Group heads down the stairs
(3433) DM: (which stairs? heheh)
(3438) Morti: (isn't 30 the only stairs down from this room?)
(3441) Kyla: ((there's only 1 set of starirs we can reach from here))
(3437) Evarian: ((the one that leads to a room filled with gold and magic items .. theres one of those stairs right ? :p ))
(3462) Cromwell Furfoot (enter): 01:17
(3441) Kyla: ((to get to 42, we have to go down stairs, and up the other flight))
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): just curious, how much is electrum worth?
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (Can we fast forward and say the group does that and goes to rm 42?))
(3433) DM: (j/k)
whispering to Raevanain, as per normal 3E values
(3462) Cromwell Furfoot (whispering): (sorry to bother you but do you think you can fit another player in, if not ill be on my way.)
whispering to Cromwell Furfoot, yes I can fit another player in but there's an extensive screening process and I don't just accept any player. so if you're interested in joining, you're going to have to wait till the game is over.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (that way you do not have to change maps))
whispering to Cromwell Furfoot, in the meantime, relax and enjoy the game as you lurk.
(3433) DM: (42 was the wight room, remember?)
(3439) Raevanain: ((40 is the room u want to goto))
(3433) DM: (you should, Rainur, b/c you were a victim, shortly before Drenla went postal. lol)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((How could L forget? LOL))
(3433) DM: (yes, of course.)
(3462) Cromwell Furfoot (whispering): okay ill wait thank you, I am a very experanced role-player, a bit new to openrpg though. Is this D&D?
whispering to Cromwell Furfoot, yes it is. 3E as a matter of fact.
(3438) Morti: (actually we have to go back to the bell room and up the stairs to 38 to get to 39
(3441) Kyla: ((no, actually 42, and teh hallway outside 42 is where I want o go, and look for a secret door. I don't like thick walls.))
(3433) DM: =)
(3462) Cromwell Furfoot (whispering): good i have a 3ed char written up :) and been playing 3ed since its pre release.
(3433) DM: (the group does that then.,)
(3439) Raevanain: ((i just want to find the study lol))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Kyla ye can open the door this time LOL))
whispering to Cromwell Furfoot, you'll be creating a new PC. all pre regen chars will be rejected automatically.
(3437) Evarian: ((i just follow along for a bit .. looking stuff up))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
(3435) je'rar Ogrebane (exit): 01:24
whispering to Kyla, no secret doors...
(3462) Cromwell Furfoot (whispering): thats cool, i just made one to learn the openRpG system
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): did you like the Tamuril thing?
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): had you cracking up
(3441) Kyla (whispering): great, a mystery. was there a fire place below this? so it could be a chimney?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yup
whispering to Kyla, possibly
** (3438) Morti looks about the hall, "So, whaddija wanna ckeck Kyla?" **
(3441) Kyla: "There's a rather large aira with no doors, and no explination of why it's been sealed off."
(3439) Raevanain: "how rude of them not to tell us..."
(3441) Kyla: "Been thinking it might be a chimney of some kind, or maby there was a bell tower, but it still bothers me."
(3437) Evarian (whispering): i know you've got somewhere with all the names for the coins but i cant find it atm :\
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade knocks on the wall **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (does it seem hollow or solid)
(3439) Raevanain (whispering): any chance of me seeing a secret door?
whispering to Raevanain, no.
** (3439) Raevanain looks around "i dont see a secret door here..." **
(3441) Kyla: "Curious, isn't it?"
whispering to Evarian, golden crowns, silver harpstars, electrum nobles, platinum royals, copper pence is all you need to know for now.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, hollow
(3437) Evarian (whispering): ok thanks
** (3434) Trayn just looks to keep everyone out of real bad trouble **
** (3438) Morti moves into room 42 trying the wall from in there, knocking on it in similar fashion and searching the surface **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does the wall seem thick or thin)
(3433) DM: same result.
(3434) Trayn : ((It's Baby Time (afk)))
(3433) DM: (thick.)
(3439) Raevanain: "well shall we move on?"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is a thick wall Kyla"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "But it is hollow inside"
(3441) Kyla: There are technically 2 other places a secret door may be hideing for this wll. On the floor, or on the cieling."
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade puts his ear to the wall **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): listen check
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nothing
(3462) Cromwell Furfoot (exit): 01:32
(3438) Morti: :moving back out to meet the others: "Is there a floor above here?"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Kyla, I think this is time wasted"
(3441) Kyla: "If you say so, then fine."
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "We should see what was at that door that was 60 feet below us in that other room
(3441) Kyla: "ok"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "perhaps the servants are being kept there"
(3438) Morti: "I thought we were heading that way" :points back to room 39:
(3433) DM: (dungeon level then?)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "or sometihing is inprisoned there
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: yes to room 40
(3438) Morti: "the feather room..."
(3441) Kyla: "So, how are most of us going to get down there?"
(3434) Trayn : ((I'm bak))
(3469) Cromwell Furfoot (enter): 01:36
(3438) Morti: "I can get us over there... more or less"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Was that the only entrance morti?
(3438) Morti: "... that I saw"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: Ays
(3433) DM: As you enter room 39, you notice that the door to room 40 is gone, blown off its hinges. Beyond was a harpy lair...was, because the harpies within are dead when the tower which area 40 was the roof of, exploded. ((OC: Remember the explosion that occurred when Je'rar sacrificed himself by using the staff?))
(3438) Morti: "Woah..."
(3439) Raevanain: "i think we found what was under the study"
(3439) Raevanain: "or above"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye"
(3433) DM: In the distance, you can hear a bell chime, although much louder than before. (About the same tone and volume that you remember whilst being in this area before.)
(3471) Drake (enter): 01:39
(3434) Trayn : "that bell again"
(3471) Drake (exit): 01:39
** (3438) Morti once more takes a rope, activates his boots and drags himself along the wall to room40, finding something to tie it to and offer a line for the others **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (which directionn is the bell?)
(3433) DM: (NW)
(3434) Trayn : "wish we would have tied down that rope... its very untidy for it to clang like that"
(3437) Evarian: "hmm .. that bell is getting louder .. why does that give me a bad feeling ..."
(3439) Raevanain: ((so im assuming theres a big hole in the floor right))
(3434) Trayn : "of course...I thought the bell could have fallen on our heads"
(3433) DM: (yes)
** (3439) Raevanain goes to the edge and looks down **
** (3438) Morti looks about room 40, waiting for the others to follow(that is if he found something secure to tie the rope to) **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, I guess that is all. We should return to Rhian...it will be night soon and we should leave this place. Much more to see and do in a town like highkeep"
(3433) DM: Rain falls through the hole in the ceiling above, although not as heavily as before. It falls at a continuous pace, to the darkness below.
(3441) Kyla: "Well, that's one door I don't need to check for traps on."
(3433) DM: (sent description again.)
(3433) DM: (ignore the line about the closed door.)
(3433) DM: (also ignore the line where it says "you can see a door in the middle of the southern wall" b/c the door doesn't exist anymore.)
(3473) ZJX (enter): 01:44
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, If ye want to take a look doewn there, then do so..."
(3438) Morti: (did I make it to room 40 or not?)
(3434) Trayn : "well... I gather there is less to fear about here now after all this... change"
whispering to Morti, yes
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Otherwise, I would like to go back to Rhian and get out of here
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "
whispering to Morti, Area 40 is pretty much non existent now, a jumble of bricks, dead harpies and smoke. below is the mysterious "study"
** (3438) Morti heads back to the door to 39. calling to the others across the gap, I found the study. It's in the room below this one" **
(3474) Sauro (enter): 01:47
(3439) Raevanain: "ah wonderful"
(3434) Trayn : "alright..."
(3474) Sauro (exit): 01:47
(3439) Raevanain: "now how do we get there"
(3438) Morti: (did I get the rope anchored?)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: brb
(3433) DM: (yes)
(3438) Morti: "secure your side of the rope and climb over...I'd start with the lightest though"
(3439) Raevanain: "is there anything worthwhile in there"
(3438) Morti: "Rainur... you should probably stay as an anchor"
(3434) Trayn : "I dont think I'll be going... I can anchor"
(3438) Morti: "Not sure, I haven't gone down yet and there's another room(unless the one on the map was wrecked too)
(3441) Kyla: "I'll go accrost first"
(3469) Cromwell Furfoot (exit): 01:52
(3433) DM: (Kyla eventually makes it there.)
whispering to Kyla, sent description.
** (3439) Raevanain looks at evarian "you going?" **
** (3438) Morti heads back into 40 and heads floats down into the study using his boots **
** (3437) Evarian shrugs .. "might as well" **
** (3437) Evarian follows kyla across (or tries :P) **
(3437) Evarian: ((i put down what i was carrying))
(3441) Kyla: "It would be safer for us to simply cart the stuff out than to have everyone come accrost, adn back
(3433) DM: (that's to show where K, M and E are currently located)
(3441) Kyla (whispering): search the desk for traps/disarm them
(3437) Evarian: ((how far is it down into the study?))
(3438) Morti (whispering): /me gives respective bow to Vladizier's body
** (3438) Morti calls back up from the study below, " I found Vladizier" **
(3439) Raevanain: "dead i hope"
(3438) Morti: "Yes... I'd say he is"
(3441) Kyla: "We should really give him a ceremony for the dead."
(3438) Morti (whispering): I search the shelf for any hidden spots or any journals or the like which might offer some new info
whispering to Evarian, 20'
(3439) Raevanain: "I doubt he would of done the same for us"
(3438) Morti: :calls back up: "Just because he wouldn'y doesn't mean we shouldn't"
(3441) Kyla: "Of course not, he's probibly have turned us into zombies, or some such."
(3434) Trayn : "its not about him... its about our deciency"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25), [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
whispering to Kyla, nothing unusual, no traps
(3434) Trayn : "and that is a related note... I wouldnt want him to rise to the dead"
whispering to Morti, several scrolls and books.
(3434) Trayn : "a proper burial will prevent that... usually"
** (3437) Evarian has a hard look on his face " he was planning on EXPERIMENTING on me ... i for one will be showing no such decency" **
** (3439) Raevanain shrugs "if you want to do it" **
(3441) Kyla (whispering): open each drawer. will let other people tdo the actual looting, Just ameking sur I was right about the no traps.
(3441) Kyla: "A cerimopny prevents that"
whispering to Kyla, k
** (3437) Evarian calls down to morti "check him for items, and the room if you want .. i've seen that he's dead .. that's what i wanted" **
(3434) Trayn : "an evil man like that would be a horrible undead monster... I'd like to prevent that"
** (3437) Evarian goes back to the rest of the group **
(3441) Kyla: "If we give him a Cerimony, not only is it the right thing to do, but it protects us from his raiseing as some form uf undead to exact revenge."
(3438) Morti (whispering): I then move over to check out what he was working on at the desk
(3437) Evarian: ::calls back to kyla:: "if you so wish .. i will have no part in it"
(3441) Kyla: "fair enough"
** (3439) Raevanain shrugs once again "give him the ceremony then" **
** (3434) Trayn will do so... unarmoring and climbing and what needs to be done for this to occur **
(3441) Kyla: "I can't, he's going to have to come with me to have it done by a proper priest."
whispering to Morti, plans for creating a version of trollocs that would require magickal items to defeat.
** (3439) Raevanain chuckles "carry him to a proper preist if you wish" **
whispering to Morti, there are notes on locations of various Swords of Power
whispering to Morti, there is a letter written by Maevan'arys addressed to Almeena.
(3441) Kyla: "The desk drawers are trap free. haven't checked any items in it though."
(3479) Mesia (enter): 02:04
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade listens to this and is not amused" **
** (3438) Morti begins to read the letter's on the desk, starting with Maeven'arys' letter **
whispering to Morti, and finally a letter of passage that marks the bearer as an envoy of the Grand Dukes of Kern, probably forged.
(3479) Mesia (exit): 02:06
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "You know Trayn, I could also give him last rights, and I do not have to take off plate mail, unless I am no longer considered a proper priest"
(3434) Trayn : "either is fine with me"
(3434) Trayn : "I trust you to do a proper job"
whispering to Morti, the letter states simply that the manipulation of Vladizier is proceeding according to plan, that their interrogation of Rhian is not bearing any fruit, and that she has successfully made contact with Drenla via a spell of sending.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "But since you are the ONLY proper priest here, perhaps Kyla would prefer that you do it"
** (3441) Kyla gently kicks the items the corpse is holding out of his hands, and binds his hands together at the wrists both for easier dragging, and saftey, just in case. (it's not paranoia if they areally are out to get you) **
whispering to Morti, the letter was dated a week ago.
** (3439) Raevanain chuckles "rainur you could do it as well, im sure the ceremony of 2 gods would help his passing" **
** (3438) Morti removes the cloak he took from Vladizier's wardrobe and uses them to wrap the wand and rod Kyla kicked away. **
(3433) DM: k
(3433) DM: In the distance, a bell chimes.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((for whom the bell tolls))
whispering to ZJX, lurking?
** (3438) Morti then heads back to the desk and reads the note about the swords **
(3433) DM: ((it tolls for thee. lol))
whispering to Morti, it confirms the locations of the four Swords that the Scion mentioned.
** (3438) Morti grabs up the notes on Trollocs, the swords and the forged envoy papers "these might be handy" **
whispering to Morti, it gives the locations of two more: Sightblinder lies in the hands of the Grand Duchess Larissa Kydomer, of Whytecoin. Coinspinner was last seen in the royal court of Pelham, in Damrosil.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: (so what's the plan folks)
(3481) MyRealName (enter): 02:15
(3439) Raevanain: ((back to rhian?))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: Are we all in agreemant?
(3438) Morti: "Um... if we're taking Vladizier to be buried... can we please use the stairs?"
(3441) Kyla (whispering): check the dead guy for stuff.
(3434) Trayn : (eventually... Trayn is just baby sitting mostly here)
(3434) Trayn : "burial is not necessary..."
(3438) Morti: "Okay"
whispering to Kyla, spell components, silver dagger.
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Just last rights"
(3481) MyRealName (exit): 02:16
(3434) Trayn : "final rites and either holy water or fire will do"
whispering to Kyla, iron circlet.
(3438) Morti: (did we check 36, which I assume is what's below 39?
(3441) Kyla: "That would do nicely."
(3433) DM: (yep)
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade goes down and gives last righjts to the mage and sprinckles some holy ater on him and closes his eyes **
(3441) Kyla: "Thank you, Lord Rainur"
** (3439) Raevanain chuckles and starts the steady walk back to rhian **
(3484) kalmarjan (enter): 02:17
** (3441) Kyla hands Morti the stuff off the mage **
** (3438) Morti moves back peruse the shelf again, looking for any scrolls which may contain spells, or books on interesting subjects (spellcraft? Arcan?) **
whispering to Morti, three scrolls and a spellbook.
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade makes his way back to Rhian and asks the rest to come **
** (3441) Kyla follows **
whispering to Morti, and of course LOTS of spells regarding spell component notes, alchemical formulae and the like.
whispering to Morti, I mean lots of scrolls.
** (3434) Trayn follows along... eager to leave this place **
** (3438) Morti takes three scrolls and a book from the shelf and accepts the items from Kyla, instantly regretting it as his arms are full. **
(3438) Morti: :glancing back to the shelf: "Oh... I wish I had more time to study..."
(3484) kalmarjan (exit): 02:21
** (3437) Evarian shrugs and follows Rainur **
** (3438) Morti follows after the others back to Rhian for now, in desparate need of some rest **
(3441) Kyla: "Rainur, would you mind if I waited here with Morti, to give him more time in the study?"
** (3433) Rhian Aes Sedai is still murmuring and concentrating over a now still form of Je'rar, sheathed within an intense white glow. **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "I would prefer to waste no more time here. There are many other places to study"
(3441) Kyla: "as you wish."
(3438) Morti: "I'll come back later if we have time"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "More palatable places"
(3434) Trayn : "I shall wait here patiently....I'm eager to see what is to come of Je'rar"
** (3436) Rainur Swiftblade will wait as well **
** (3437) Evarian sits quietly out of the way, not wanting to disturb Rhian **
** (3439) Raevanain sits outside the room rhian is in to make sure he doesnt disturb her **
(3433) DM: The wineskin has vanished.
(3437) Evarian: ((that rhian getting drunk again .. tsk tsk tsk))
** (3438) Morti lets down his burden and removes his gloves, carefully grabbing trying to pull them off simultaneously, and let them dropto the floor, revealing a pair of golden skinned hands **
(3433) DM: She murmurs one last time, and collapses atop Je'rar's glowing form in utter exhaustion.
** (3434) Trayn is torn between coming to her aid and following her orders... **
(3438) Morti: :looks to Rhian with worry: "miss Rhian?"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: "You have been given a choice, my warrior. You have no Fate but the Fate you are given." (as she faints from exhaustion)
** (3434) Trayn stays put... **
** (3438) Morti looks Jer'ar over in consideration. "Are you... back...?" **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Stay back norti"
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: morti
(3433) DM: No response, from Je'rar. The corpse of the barbarian glows within an intense white aura that does not hurt or shine with a glare as you look on his body.
(3438) Morti: (spellcraft to determine if the casting is going wrong..?)
(3438) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15)
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: "Give me one of those robes that are not magical Morti"
(3438) Morti: :glances to Rainur, then removes the claok from the staff and rod and hands it over:
(3433) DM: As you look closer, you see that the "light" is composed of hundreds of motes of light that slowly weave back and forth over the still form of Je'rar, literally creating him from out of nothing. Literally creating him from motes of dust. It is a strange magicka that Rhian has woven, that is neither arcane or divine, and it is both a wondrous and unearthly sight that fills you with curiosity and dread -- curiosity because you have never seen it before, and dread because it implicitly denies the existence of the gods.
(3438) Morti: :tired and tense, he watches the display of magicka, nervously stating, "I guess this will be a while longer then..."
(3434) Trayn : "think this is altering reality... back to a time when Je'rar wasn't dead"
(3434) Trayn : "for normally this doesn't seem... possible"
** (3438) Morti shakes his head, "No, I think it's just building his body" **
(3473) ZJX (exit): 02:33
** (3438) Morti stares in unabashed amazement **
** (3439) Raevanain sits outside agaisnt the wall humming softly **
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): stan I have to call it a night...can't keep my eyes open
(3441) Kyla (whispering): Technomancer, cloneing him back from a skin cell off his dagger?
(3438) Morti: :shaking his attention away: "Well... I think I'm going to get some rest. I used a lot of magic and I'm pretty tired. Wake me when Jer'ar's back." :gives a yawn and lies down on the bed to restm moiraine curled beside him:
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: ((good night everyone, I have to turn it for the nihgt))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: night
(3438) Morti: (ff?)
(3438) Morti: (nite)
(3441) Kyla: ((good night))
(3439) Raevanain: ((night))
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade: Disconnecting from server...
(3436) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 02:36
(3433) DM: {g}
(3437) Evarian: ((so...))
(3433) DM: (Going to fast forward until the next day, when Rhian wakes up. Je'rar is still sleeping, but the white light encasing him is gone.)
** (3439) Raevanain is still outside the room sword across his lap **
(3433) DM: (stopping in 20 minutes)
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: You must let him rest, as the spell I have woven will do its work.
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: What have you found in my absence?
** (3437) Evarian nods to Rhian "as you say" **
(3434) Trayn : "then it shall be so"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: As for leaving the island, you have also a few choices...
(3489) Kyla (enter): 02:42
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3489) Kyla...
(3433) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3441) Kyla' from room...
(3441) Kyla (exit): 02:42
(3490) Morti (enter): 02:43
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: Vladizier has a beast which he kept as a pet, that he keeps imprisoned elsewhere in the keep. It is large enough to carry one of you.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3490) Morti...
(3491) Trayn (enter): 02:43
(3433) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3438) Morti' from room...
(3438) Morti (exit): 02:43
(3434) Trayn (exit): 02:43
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3491) Trayn ...
** (3439) Raevanain peeks his head in holding up the bracelet "could you tell me what magic this holds Rhian" **
(3489) Kyla: That would probibly be what the saddle is for then."
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: My magicka does not delve into common divinations, Raevanain.
** (3439) Raevanain sighs "do you know what the creature is" **
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: As I was saying, you have a few choices to make: you may use the saddle to ride the beast, or I can use my magicka to summon a ship that shall carry you to a port of your choosing. Or, you can use the boat in the boathouse.
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: I believe it is a beast known as a "hippogriff".
(3491) Trayn : "well I know nothing of the sea... though a few of us know of sailing"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: It is a wild thing and can only be tamed by one well versed in wild creatures.
(3490) Morti: "Well.. you said the boat couldn't fit us all and the hippogriff can only carry one. so the summoned boat is probably best"
(3437) Evarian: "i agree morti"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: As it was poorly kept by its former master, you may find that it too is untrustworthy of any but its former master. (smiles slightly, glancing at Raevanain)
(3493) Raevanain (enter): 02:47
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3493) Raevanain...
(3493) Raevanain: ((ackk))
(3433) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3439) Raevanain' from room...
(3439) Raevanain (exit): 02:48
(3489) Kyla: "takeing the boat from teh boat house also might be a good idea. we haven't had too good of luck with boats, and a backup one couldn't hurt."
(3491) Trayn : "I'll have to agree with Morti"
(3433) Rhian Aes Sedai: Well, if it is to be the summoned ship, then we must wait till nightfall, for that is when my beacon can be seen.
(3490) Morti: "Alright. I wanted to study some of the books here anyway, and also, we have to find the guardian that can be redeemed"
** (3493) Raevanain asks Rhian "do you know where the creature is exactly?" **
(3491) Trayn : "hmmm I might"
(3491) Trayn : "we found a few lairs with straw... and some rooms we avoided"
(3491) Trayn : "I didnt want to pursue our curiousity when I thought it held no gain"
(3491) Trayn : "as it turned out... the harpy lair was one I chose wisely upon"
(3491) Trayn : "and this...hippogriff... if it has a foul temper... wise again"
(3433) Bulghvus: I could lead you to the griffon's lair...if you told me what you're doing here and why I shouldn't kill you now.
(3490) Morti: "Maybe if you wear Vladizier's clothes though, it wouldn't know the difference"
** (3493) Raevanain looks at the new voice **
** (3437) Evarian looks suddenly at the newcomer **
(3490) Morti: "Eh?" :looks up to the new arrival:
(3433) DM: So saying, a human garbed in studded leather armor enters the room with a loaded and cocked crossbow. The odor of rotgut whiskey permeates the air. He hasn't washed in a few days, it seems like.
(3489) Kyla: "That would be an evil act."
(3493) Raevanain: ((hey wait a minute, i was outside the room lol))
(3433) DM: ((yes you were...talking to Rhian who was inside?))
(3493) Raevanain: ((true))
(3491) Trayn : "well I can give you one good reason"
** (3493) Raevanain looks at the newcomer "I could give you several but I doubt you would like many of them" **
(3433) DM: (so then he steps around the corner, and you see him towards the end of the hall from 32)
(3491) Trayn : "would you want to attack... the individuals who defeated Vladizier...previous master of this castle"
(3493) Raevanain: ((gotcha))
(3433) Bulghvus: No, but then again, you could be as evil as he was, and he wasn't a good man as ye know.
(3433) Bulghvus: Now then. You with the sword, against the wall like a good elf. Git!
(3493) Raevanain: "true we could, that is totally true, but then again, so could you"
(3489) Kyla: "Or on a more practical side, you are out numbered 7 to one. you could get one of us, but I guarantee the results for you would be most unplesant, and I rather hope you aren't suicidal."
** (3493) Raevanain looks at the wall im sitting against "im already against it" **
** (3433) Bulghvus waves the crossbow in Raevenain's direction, belching. **
(3491) Trayn : "please... there are no reasons for threats or hostilities"
(3490) Morti: :cocking his head for a second, Morti suddenly breaks out in a smile: "You're the one we can redeem!"
(3437) Evarian: "Now that's hardly friendly ..
(3433) Bulghvus: You could (hiccups), but I could take one o' you down too. (hic)
(3489) Kyla: "Neither is pointing a deadly weapon at your resucuers."
(3493) Raevanain: "only if you killed us, and in your current state that looks less then appealing"
(3437) Evarian: "Did you work for Vladizier then ? "
(3433) Bulghvus: You? Rescuers? (hic) That's a laugh. (hic) Couldn't even tell poisoned brandy from dried fruit. (hic)
(3433) Bulghvus: (lowers the crossbow slightly)
(3433) Bulghvus: Work? (hic) More like enslaved to him. (hic) Now that he's dead, I'll just walk out o' here. (hic) But at least I can take one o' you as bait. (hic)
(3437) Evarian: "So far they have helped me ... i was until recently shall we say .. a gues in Vladiziers cells ..."
(3490) Morti: "Bait for what?"
(3493) Raevanain: "how do you plan to do that? how about you just come along with us on the next boat out of here"
** (3433) Bulghvus gropes for a hip flask that he pulls off his belt and takes a swig, dropping the crossbow. **
(3489) Kyla: "Bait for what?"
** (3493) Raevanain slowly stands up and walks towards the newcomer **
(3490) Morti: :points out dumbly: "You dropped yuor crossbow"
(3493) Raevanain: "are you feeling alright?"
** (3433) Bulghvus leans against the wall, as the crossbow clatters to the floor and ignores Raevenain as he drinks deeply. **
** (3493) Raevanain walks over next to him **
(3433) Bulghvus: (hic)
(3489) Kyla: "see, he can be reasoned with"
** (3437) Evarian goes and picks up the crossbow **
** (3493) Raevanain places his hand on his shoulder **
** (3433) Bulghvus continues drinking. **

 (3433) DM: The odor of corn whiskey makes you recoil with disgust.
 ** (3490) Morti gets up and approaches the man. "You don't look so good. Drinking that much is bad for you, ya know?" **
(3493) Raevanain: "bit of a drinking spree by the smell of it"
** (3437) Evarian unloads the crossbow and then puts it aside **
(3489) Kyla: "Hey, do we have another of those wine to water scrolls?"
 (3437) Evarian: "we really need to sober this guy up ... "
** (3433) Bulghvus lowers the flask, fumbling for the cork which fell to the floor... **
** (3490) Morti reaches over to take the flask from Bulghvus, stating firmly, "No more for you." **
** (3433) Bulghvus collapses to the ground, belching in Raevenain's face, leering. "Why should you help me? Funny elf there. A slave helping a slave." (leers) **
** (3493) Raevanain looks down at him "a habit" **
(3437) Evarian: "Anyone know a quick way to sober him up ?" :looks around::
** (3433) Bulghvus laughs harshly...which on closer inspection, sounds a lot like he's sobbing. **
(3489) Kyla: "Don't you have a family somewhere?"
(3490) Morti: :nods: "Right. We slaves have to stick together. You sleep it off, and we'll take you off the island tonight"
(3491) Trayn : "he is addicted to drink... he can only help himself in the end"
(3493) Raevanain (whispering): [1d8+4] -> [6,4] = (10) for the cure light wounds, though i doubt it will work, he seems more drunk then injured lol
(3433) Bulghvus: Bulghvus has no family. Except for Creeper and Peeper, and those were slain when that bitch slew my master. (sobs)
(3493) Raevanain: "dont judge im so soon trayn"
(3493) Raevanain: him*
 ** (3437) Evarian looks to Bulghvus "Would you like some water or something to eat ? " **
** (3490) Morti tosses the flask carelessly out the window, then turns back to the man sorrowfully **
(3433) Bulghvus: (sobs, shuddering)
(3433) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
(3493) Raevanain: "sleep Bulghvus, you need"
(3433) DM: (next session is back to normal time.)
(3491) Trayn : ok
(3437) Evarian: okies
(3493) Raevanain: rgr rgr
(3493) Raevanain: ((so we done now??))
(3437) Evarian: oh i got a couple of questions.
(3433) DM: (Next session will begin that night, when Rhian summons her ship...which is something I'll describe on the boards. In the meantime, your homework is to RP your encounters with Bulghvus)
(3489) Kyla: ((I won't make the next session, but should be good for at least a month after that.))
(3433) DM: ((ok))
(3433) DM: (RP on the boards, talk to Bulghvus.)
(3493) Raevanain: ((what about the hippogriff? on boards to?))
(3437) Evarian: Just about point blank shot feat .. we using the rules wher eit's +1 damage as well ?
(3433) DM: (oh yes, make your decision about the hippogriff and all that as well.)
(3437) Evarian: and does the feat apply to thrown weapons .. ie dagger
(3490) Morti: cool, btw, does Morti have time to scribe a new spell into his book?
(3433) DM: (yes and yes)
(3433) DM: (yes to Morti)
(3493) Raevanain: ((oh ive already decided, i plan on going to the hippogriff as soon as our new friend can take me there :) ))
(3489) Kyla: what kind of boat is in the boat house?
(3490) Morti: cool, rolling to learn comprehend language then
(3490) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [6,11] = (17)
(3433) DM: A skiff.
(3433) DM: large enough to carry five people.
(3437) Evarian: Composite Longbow (within 30ft) Attack Roll: [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)===> DMG: [1d8+1+0] -> [5,1,0] = (6)
(3433) DM: You've dealt with the aquatic ogres....or so you think.
(3437) Evarian: Dagger (Thrown) Attack Roll: [1d20+8] -> [13,8] = (21)===> DMG: [1d4+1+1] -> [1,1,1] = (3)
(3437) Evarian: excleent .. all working right :)
(3493) Raevanain (whispering): when do i do the roll to tame the hippogriff? now? or will u do it later after its posted on the boards?
(3491) Trayn : ok im going to dash
(3491) Trayn : see you on the boards
(3493) Raevanain: later
(3437) Evarian: oh actually .. another question .. if i dual wield daggers and throw them both .. is the only penaty the normal -2 to each attack roll ?
(3437) Evarian: later
(3433) DM: ok? got that? tally up the loot, talk to Bulghvus. Rhian can't identify any items b/c she can't cast any talents or weaves that divine things. Explore the keep some more if you want -- for that to happen we'll need a session middle of the week. I want to start using the board more, so please to the extent that you can use the board, use the board.


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms