Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: DavidDal


Back to Damrosil Logs
LobbyMessage.html


Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): mommy look at all the pink elephants flying on the cieling!
(407) DM: I want to apologize to anyone who was here seeing this but this was building up for at least four months and needed to be gotten off my chest
(407) DM: before we begin, is there anyone who is unclear about the questions answered by the Scion and the prophecy?
(410) Evarian: all good here.
(414) Raevanain: yup yup
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: Good here
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: aye
(416) Morti: I think I've got it
(407) DM: ok. I haven't posted the log yet to last week but the party is in room 33, having had a confrontation between an alchemist/illusionist named Nastisha and Drenla.
(407) DM: Shortly after, the Scion appeared.
(407) DM: Drenla is now enslaved to the Dark One's bidding after having received an item known as an a'dam (a collar that binds its wearer to the owner of the a'dam).
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "My lady, I do not know if you can communicate with a dead soul, but I did not have the opportunity to say goodbye to my Tamuril, can ye tell her that she is always in my heart"
(407) DM: (the Scion isn't here, Alfred. the reason why I wanted to discuss the Scion this week was so we could just get started.)
(407) DM: ((you can post that to the board and I'll answer in due course.))
(407) DM: So now you all know that Vladizier and Nastisha are in the same place. Where next do you want to go?
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): actually I wanted to get the reaction in character because I am setting up a character personality issue...but I will post it if you wish.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes, thanks
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, if you post it on the board, it will be IC
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): no one has asked rainur about her even though I have made it part of his persona
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): oh well
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, then maybe you need to jumpstart that
** (416) Morti stands from his Mentor's side after resting Drenla's head on a pillow from the bed. Turning back to the others, he asks weakly, "Are we looking for the staff? or are we taking a straight course?" **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, we've used the board to RP before, this is no different
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "We will have to get them both"
(414) Raevanain: "the staff is the only one im concerned with"
(414) Raevanain: ((whoa to bright))
(410) Evarian: ((ya .. just a tad))
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Looks that way..."
(414) Raevanain: ((testing))
(407) DM: (yes please change to a less glaring color. thanks. =))
(416) Morti: (The ultra-lime doth blind mine eyse!)
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, if it is said that she is south and west then we shall go that direction"
** (409) Je'rar Ogrebane loks at rainur **
(407) DM: (move the mini to where you want to go then)
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "If it weren't for all these blasted traps, I'd offer to race you"
** (409) Je'rar Ogrebane smiles **
(414) Raevanain: "why go after her, are we not meant to be helping rhian"
(416) Morti: "Well she said the staff was in Vladizier's bed chamber,right? Who knows where that could be though..."
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: They are both together
(414) Raevanain: "i believe the staff is not with them"
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: The staff is in the bedroom...do ye not listen to the words?
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I say we break the staff by ramming it through Vlad's skull"
(416) Morti: (how many floors are there to the building, sans towers and what floor are we on, 3rd?)
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "Patience deciple...we will have our time"
(407) DM: 4. (dungeon level, and 3)
(407) DM: (you're on the 2nd floor.)
(407) DM: (dungeon, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. towers follow the same routine)
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: We need to seek the study within a twisted hall of rising floors"
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I know.. since when was patience my strongest suit anyway... hehehe"
(416) Morti: "Well, his room should be either on the top floor, or in one of the towers. Shall we start by finding the stairs up?"
(410) Evarian: "we should be carefull .. we know that the staff is in his room .. we dont know where Vladizier and Nastisha are."
(414) Raevanain: "only if we want to find the mages"
(416) Morti: :to Evarian: "Yes, we do. THere in the top of the Southwest tower... for now"
** (412) Rainur Swiftblade walks out the door and looks back at Drenla "Ye can make the right choice my friend, it is within ye" **
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Are you sur about that,rainur?"
(414) Raevanain: to morti "so how about we avoid that area and goto the lords bedroom to break the staff?"
(407) DM: (David will be here shortly)
** (409) Je'rar Ogrebane casts a very dark and questioning look at Drenla **
(407) Drenla: Zzzzzz
(416) Morti: :to Raev: "That's what we have to find"
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am sure of nothing except the will of the War Father"
(414) Raevanain: "and we will find it in the bedroom, not in the study, im sure rhian wouldnt of mentioned it if we had to go through the 2 mages to get to the staff"
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): can't move the mini but want to go to the door at bottom of 31 on the left
** (416) Morti heads bak over to Drenla shifting his staff to rest beside it's owner, and then he silently moves out into the hall **
(407) DM: (here, Rainur?)
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): yes
** (414) Raevanain shakes his head and whispers softly to Evarian **
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hopefully the study is on the other side of the bedroom"
** (412) Rainur Swiftblade walks to another door **
(407) DM: A putrid odor wafts through from behind the door.
** (412) Rainur Swiftblade looks at the two elves **
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "do either of ye know the skills of opening doors and disarming traps?"
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Another pantry gone bad?"
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "There is something foul behind this door"
(414) Raevanain: "i believe you open a door using the handle"
** (409) Je'rar Ogrebane sighs **
(426) Montefarle (enter): 23:02
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "DOes that mean we have to use the Dantrag key again?"
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I wan't to identify the smell...widerness lore perhaps?
** (410) Evarian shakes his head "not i" **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no need. it smells like shit
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): animal or human
(430) Orion (enter): 23:03
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you can recognize the smell of excrement, Alfred. be serious. LOL
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, god knows Rainur farts often enough
(426) Montefarle (exit): 23:03
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): dead serious...dog shit and horse shit has a destinct odor as does human excriment
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, lol. roll if you want then
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [3,8] = (11)
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 11
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, all you know is that it IS foul
(407) DM: :)
(432) Terl (enter): 23:04
** (414) Raevanain leans against a wall watching quietly **
(407) DM: (when you read the log, you'll see this part is actually hilarious. LOL)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (432) Terl...
(430) Orion (whispering): (what level, what system, and got room for one more? (^.^) )
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well there is definately excrement behind this door"
(416) Morti: (I bet)
(434) No Name (enter): 23:05
(414) Raevanain: "definetly treasure in that room"
** (414) Raevanain whispers again to evarian **
(416) Morti: "Wonderful.... we found the shitter"
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): checks the door to the right
whispering to Orion, feel free to lurk. campaign is closed to players unless they're screened first.
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): anything coming from there?
(416) Morti: "Which I could actually use... but... not here..."
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Grab a torch and set it afire? Make for a new definiton of oh flaming shit"
(430) Orion (exit): 23:06
** (409) Je'rar Ogrebane chuckles loudly at that **
(434) Trayn (whispering): here
(407) DM: There is a draft coming from the door behind you. (the door across the hall from the putrid door.)
(432) Kyla: "Are you so sure about that?"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (434) Trayn ...
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hm? Well Morti.. if you ever had the runs, that's where it ran to"
(434) Trayn (whispering): was upgrading to 1.6.1 on this computer (wifes laptop)
(407) DM: Of course the draft does little to alleviate the stench.
whispering to Trayn , ok
** (412) Rainur Swiftblade waves his hands near the door behind him **
(434) Trayn : ((so morti is now lost from the group?))
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "and there is a draft coming from this room...hmmm"
** (409) Je'rar Ogrebane readies his weapons **
(407) DM: (Kyla, you're with the group until you decide to die again. LOL)
** (414) Raevanain continues to watch slightly amused **
(432) Kyla: ((thanks))
(434) Trayn : "a price of protection... I am slowed"
(407) DM: ((Morti is here.))
** (416) Morti scrunches his nose at the scent, commenting offhand, "Smells like Rainur just used it anyway..." **
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: Kyla, can ye check this door behind me for any ...surprises?
(432) Kyla: "sure"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30), [1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26)
whispering to Kyla, no traps, unlocked
** (432) Kyla checks the indicated door **
** (412) Rainur Swiftblade steps back and lets kyla do her work **
(432) Kyla: "Looks clear to me"
** (412) Rainur Swiftblade turns the handle **
(407) TaliesinNYC: This unlit room is 20' in diameter with an adjoining 30' of corridor. The room is not illuminated, although there are two torches fitted into the brackets, but the corridor is lit by two torches in brackets on the eastern wall.

The room appears to be a sleeping chamber of some sort. There is a mat of straw next to the S wall. Next to the bed is a dead bird with a long thin needle-like beak. It seems to have been beaten to death and is half-eaten.

A slimy, phosphorescent-blue mold surrounds the arrow slits and gives off a foul, rotten odor.

(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): anything catch rainur's attention?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, well you'd need to search the room
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, if you want to search the room, you need to let me know that. I'm not going to assume.
(407) DM: (well, guys?)
(410) Evarian: ((sorry was just afk .. back now))
(434) Trayn : "hmmm this is digusting"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, so are you searching the room?
(407) DM: (anyone doing anything?)
(416) Morti: "Well... this is gross...."
(432) Kyla: "Someone needs to do some serious house cleaning."
(416) Morti: "Next door then?"
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: (where's the arrow slits,and how many are there?)
(407) TaliesinNYC: (we have to move, people are lagging)
(407) TaliesinNYC: (is Open 3 working?)
(414) Raevanain (whispering): i want to identify the bird
whispering to Raevanain, roll
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: well trayn shall we see it this leads any where?
(434) Trayn : "lets close this door... and find a more suitable one"
(407) DM: (this group desparately needs a leader. I don't care who the leader is but it should not take 5 minutes just to search a room. someone please take the initiative.)
(407) DM: (if you don't choose a leader, it's going to be Trayn by default.)
** (412) Rainur Swiftblade carefully enters the room with kyla **
(416) Morti: "Or does someone want to peak under the bed?"
whispering to Raevanain, its a stirge
(414) Raevanain (exit): 23:22
(410) Evarian (whispering): did we just open the door to room 28 ? i missed when i was afk
** (434) Trayn leads them to the next door (hallway up and right) **
whispering to Evarian, yes
(407) DM: The door is closed.
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: Kyla there may be traps that set off arrows behind those slits. please let me know if I am about to step on a trigger"
(407) DM: (fyi, Alfred and Mike (Kyla), the rest of the group moved on.)
(409) Je'rar Ogrebane: (nature/wilderness check to determine best way of dealing with this particular mold?)
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, sure, if you want
** (410) Evarian nods agreement **
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur will move towards 28 and the door after kyla checks the floor for traps
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, the rest of the group is not with you. they moved on.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, the group is at 31
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: Kyla, can you search the room for traps?
(407) DM: (fyi, everyone except for Rainur, Kyla and Je'rar is at 31.)
whispering to Kyla, no traps
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [4,11] = (15)
(432) Kyla: "Are we just going to stand around admireing the scenery,, or do we have a reason to be here?"
(416) Morti: :To Kyla: "Maybe after we clear out the baddies, I'll think about it."
(412) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I'm asking Kyla to check so we can go to the next door
(434) Trayn : "yes please"
** (434) Trayn leads them to the next door **
(407) DM: (No traps.)
(407) DM: (Time out here.)
(434) Trayn : (right hallway of 31)
(412) Rainur Swiftblade: "That morti I believe is a scourge"
(407) TaliesinNYC: Guys, the group is split up. 3 people are in 28 and the rest are in 31. you need to coordinate better
** (412) Rainur Swiftblade points to the bird **
(434) Trayn : (unless there is a door right behind us)
(434) Trayn : (im seeing something there as well)
(1188) TaliesinNYC: is that better?
(1188) TaliesinNYC: I'll trust you guys not to abuse knowing the map
(1194) Rainur Swiftblade: (yes much)
(1201) Trayn : probably solve most probs
(1196) Je'rar Ogrebane: whoa..major visuals change
(1196) Je'rar Ogrebane: 8o)
(1188) TaliesinNYC: for this to work, you can't have immediate knowledge. please don't cheat.
(1201) Trayn : as you can see everything
(1188) TaliesinNYC: thanks.
(1201) Trayn : or you never got to see much before?
(1188) DM: I'd rather people be able to log on and play instead of having fog. so if you can do this and NOT cheat, then I'm ok with it.
(1196) Je'rar Ogrebane: (so, as I hold my breath while doing this, does the mold burn?)
(1188) DM: (no, it doesn't)
** (1198) Raevanain is silently walking around **
(1194) Rainur Swiftblade: "What are ye doing Je'rar?
(1196) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I was checking to see if the mold would burn away"
** (1199) Evarian checks his bowstring and waits patiently **
(1198) Raevanain (whispering): can i identify the mold? or is it unnatural
(1188) DM: sent you a description of the room again)
whispering to Raevanain, sure, roll
(1194) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us leave this place
(1198) Raevanain (whispering): wilderness lore?
whispering to Raevanain, yes
(1196) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Wait"
(1198) Raevanain (whispering): [1d20+10] -> [7,10] = (17)
** (1196) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to grab a torch from the corridor and sets it into a torch bracket in the room" **
(1201) Trayn : "yes... this is foul"
(1188) DM: (doesn't burn as its slimy and wet)
whispering to Raevanain, natural mold, like penicillin
(1194) Rainur Swiftblade: "Je'rar we are leaving"
(1188) DM: (where next?)
(1194) Rainur Swiftblade: (back out to 31
** (1198) Raevanain walks around a bit more "the mold is natural at least" **
(1196) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hmm.."
(1196) Je'rar Ogrebane: (does having the torch in here illuminate anything that we couldn't see well before?)
(1203) Kyla (enter): 23:48
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1203) Kyla...
(1188) DM: no

(1229) TaliesinNYC: so, anyway, moving on. there's a door at the head of the stairs
(1225) Trayn : though they were communicating
(1209) Morti (enter): 00:28
(1225) Trayn : well Je'rar was
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1209) Morti...
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane (enter): 00:28
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane...
** (1225) Trayn opens the door **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: aha
(1225) Trayn : "I shall open these wicked doors"
(1229) DM: It's locked
(1225) Trayn : "I should be able to ... darn it wont open"
** (1203) Kyla unlocks it **
(1225) Trayn : "very frustrating... yes if you can"
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 00:29
(1209) Morti (whispering): checking in on Moiraine, "You still okay? Nothing spooky down there, right?"
** (1225) Trayn lets Kyla pass and work on it **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1232) Rainur Swiftblade...
whispering to Morti, mrrr
** (1227) Raevanain watches kyla slightly amused **
whispering to Morti, just chasing a mouse. I'm hungry.
(1203) Kyla (whispering): +11 for unlock
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28). [1d20+11] -> [11,11] = (22)
whispering to Kyla, trapped like you wouldn't believe, and locked.
(1203) Kyla: "Son of a bitch. this is going to take a little time...."
** (1199) Evarian looks around the room **
whispering to Kyla, magically trapped and you're unable to unlock it even with a 22.
(1209) Morti (whispering): "Okay... just don't wander, and stay alert. Find someplace to hole up if you can, and we'll get a tasty fish feast once we're back on land"
(1227) Raevanain: "anyone got an axe"
(1203) Kyla: "It's trapped to all hell."
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Trapped in what way?"
(1234) MyRealName (enter): 00:32
(1203) Kyla: "magical, similar to last oen, but looks nasty"
(1234) MyRealName (exit): 00:32
(1235) Veav (enter): 00:32
** (1199) Evarian looks to the door then takes a step further away from it with wry look. **
** (1227) Raevanain chuckles **
(1203) Kyla: ((one))
(1209) Morti: "Will unlocking it trigger the trap? or just opening the door?"
(1203) Kyla: "Someone really needs to learn where to place traps, and where not to."
** (1227) Raevanain leans back against the wall and speaks to Evarian in elvish **
** (1203) Kyla looks at the door to find out which way it opens **
whispering to Kyla, outward
** (1199) Evarian whispers back to Raevanain **
(1203) Kyla (whispering): any idea on what sets off the trap?
** (1227) Raevanain laughs at Evarian **
(1235) Veav (exit): 00:35
whispering to TaliesinNYC, injuiring the door. LOL
whispering to Kyla, in other words, using the Dantrag key is not a good idea.
** (1199) Evarian whispers to Raevanain in elvish **
(1225) Trayn : "yes we need to begt beyond this door"
(1225) Trayn : get
(1225) Trayn : "what shall we do?"
(1203) Kyla: "set fire to the door"
** (1227) Raevanain shakes his head **
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane looks around for something he can use as a battering ram of some sort **
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: "Kyla is trying to disarm the trap upon the door
(1209) Morti: "To kyla, can you tell what kind of trap it is?"
** (1209) Morti moves forward to inspect the door. **
(1225) Trayn : "hmmm" he looks worriedly
(1203) Kyla: "we can wat around the corner for the traps to go off, and come up after that to put out the flames.."
** (1227) Raevanain continues to whisper **
(1209) Morti (whispering): any visible signs of scents of magicka?
(1203) Kyla: "Magical trap. that's afs far As I can tell."
(1209) Morti: "EH?"
** (1199) Evarian shakes his head at Raevanain **
whispering to Morti, oh yes
whispering to Morti, spellcraft
(1209) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [10,11] = (21)
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: "We will all be burned if it is fire in this hallway
whispering to Morti, conjuration, that's about it
(1203) Kyla: "The door has a magical trap. I don't know if it's opening it, or jsut too much messing with the lock that sets it off. the lock is too stuborn for a simple pick, so best advice is to burn the door."
whispering to Morti, Arcane runs are inscribed all over the door. Invisible to a nonmage or those magi who have not passed a Test. Somehow you know this but not why.
whispering to Morti, runes
(1203) Kyla: "All we need to do is burn the door it's self long enough for the trap to go off, then we can put out the fire. we can wait downstairs,a dn listen for the trap to disarm."
** (1227) Raevanain whispers and points up the stairs **
(1209) Morti (whispering): arcana to determine rough usage of such runes?
whispering to Morti, k
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: in eleven::"What do you two suggest"
(1209) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [17,10] = (27)
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I know"
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: elven
** (1227) Raevanain ignores rainur **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "wait here.. I have the answer to that"
whispering to Morti, knocking the door down opens a conjuration prison which releases the creature within
whispering to Morti, the same applies to burning it.
** (1209) Morti is thoughfully inspecting the door as if trying to read something **
(1209) Morti: "[email protected]"
whispering to Morti, you can't tell what creature it is though.
(1199) Evarian: "We could look for another way"
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane runs off to gather up a few of those straw mats and then races back **
(1199) Evarian (whispering): is that a set of stairs leading further upward ?
whispering to Morti, but you do know that there's something trapped in the door.
(1209) Morti: "If we burn it, it will release what ever the conjuration is holding..... I think..." :ends timidly:
whispering to Evarian, which?
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane slightly panting from the quick sprint **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "back"
(1199) Evarian (whispering): there two sets in the room where in .. the one that the mini is on and one below .. does the one below lead further up and can we see it sorta"
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: So it is conjuration,,,that is not good.
(1203) Kyla: "This is the right way. there is no reason to double trap a single way in unless you are really trying to hide something badly. The one trap at the door at the bottom of the staircase should have been enough."
(1209) Morti (whispering): do the runes extend to the hinges and lock or just the body of the door?
whispering to Evarian, two flights of stairs, both from room 31 below
(1225) Trayn : "I agree"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What's a conjugation?"
whispering to Evarian, lead to 44
(1199) Evarian (whispering): ahh ok
(1225) Trayn : "this is the way to go"
(1209) Morti (whispering): and are the hinges and pins on this side?
** (1232) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates ion the door **
whispering to Morti, the body of the door
(1203) Kyla: "Is there any chance a conjuration will be another light shaft spell like the last one?"
whispering to Morti, yes
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I can setthe door on fire pretty easily if that's what we're going to do"
(1209) Morti: :to Jer'ar: "Conjuration... it's a type of magicka which calls something into being... more or less..."
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): specifically concentrating for evil beynd the door and the door itself
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, OH YES
(1237) Sauro (enter): 00:42
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, the door
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "oh.. one more monster for us to kill. no problem"
(1209) Morti: :to Jer'ar: "NO BURNING THE DOOR"
** (1227) Raevanain whispers again **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, this is more like it btw
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, this is how the group should be functioning
(1237) Sauro (exit): 00:43
** (1232) Rainur Swiftblade falls back as if stunned **
(1209) Morti: "I say we just take out the pins.." :pointing to the hinges: "and remove the door from the frame"
** (1232) Rainur Swiftblade holds his head **
(1203) Kyla: "If it's likely to be that, and not a fireball, then I'm willing to try and force pick it, but that will probibly set off the trap."
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Raevenain.. why not just finish your sentence in common so the others can undestand you more clearly?" in elven

** (1227) Raevanain ignores Je'rar as well **
** (1199) Evarian notices Rainur "anything wrong" **
(1209) Morti: "That way the body of the door, nor the lock are harmed, and we're less likely to call forth.... whatever..."
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Yes, yes thereis.. when we're supposed to be working together and you two just readily ignore us as though we're here only to bleed for you"
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: "there is INTENSE evil coming from both the door and beyond...it is giving me a headache"
(1199) Evarian: ((i was talking to rainur about him holding his head))
(1203) Kyla: "Fine, I'm trying to pick it again, less subtly this time, if you want to get back, do so now."
** (1227) Raevanain looks at Rainur "evil here? well thats news" **
** (1199) Evarian frowns at Rainurs words "that doesnt sound promising" **
** (1203) Kyla tries again to pick the stubborn lock. **
(1225) Trayn : "alright"
** (1209) Morti cocks his head worriedly to Rainur, then turns to Kyla, "Please, the pins, it has to be safer" **
** (1225) Trayn gets back down to the landing **
(1203) Kyla: "the pins oare on teh other side of the door"
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes, I agree with Morti"
** (1227) Raevanain draws and arrow and casually leans against a wall ready **
(1209) Morti: (there on this side)
(1199) Evarian: ::to Je'rar:: We're just chatting why Kyla tries to do what we cant
(1203) Kyla: ((dm said it opens out))
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Ahhh.. ok "
** (1227) Raevanain smiles at that and moves as far away from the door as possible **
** (1232) Rainur Swiftblade draws his arms **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well Kyla.. this is more your area of expertise than it is mine"
(1203) Kyla: ((I know what the pic shows, but out = pins on other side. already thought of that))
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, just the door, not beyond
(1209) Morti: (strange, he told me they were on this side)
(1227) Raevanain: "rainur is the leader, let him decide what to do"
(1199) Evarian (whispering): that line in the middle of the room is a wall right ? :)
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: "There is great evil in this door. We may release something evil that we will have to destroy"
(1209) Morti: (Stan, final call... where are the pins at?)
whispering to Kyla, they're on this side. heh
(1203) Kyla: "Then we should release and destroy it"
(1227) Raevanain: "make a decision rainur"
(1203) Kyla: ((got update, pins on this side, so door does open in.))
(1229) DM: (it opens towards you and the pins are on your side.)
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: We shall open the door
** (1203) Kyla starts knocking out the door pins **
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane braces for the thrill of battle **
** (1209) Morti leans against the wall, stairs, looking back down at the squabbling. Awkwardly he mumbles, "We're in a lot of trouble facing danger torn up like this..." **
(1203) Kyla: "I need 2 more daggers, for a couple minutes.
** (1232) Rainur Swiftblade hands Kyla a dagger **
** (1199) Evarian draws a dagger and hands it to kyla **
** (1203) Kyla wedges her dagger under the door near the pins to keep it from falling off the hinges, and wedges teh other 2 daggers in the jam on the hinge side before releaseing the last pin. **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well the use your magic to mend those of us that are banged up"
(1199) Evarian (whispering): so was that a wall in the middle of the room .. i need to know so i can run and hide :P
(1225) Trayn : "torn up...."
(1225) Trayn : "your nearly fine"
(1203) Kyla: "ok, going to pop the last pin, and wire teh door to be pulled of the hinges. Only have about 10 feet though, and this will set off the trap."
(1238) Evil Joe (enter): 00:52
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane stands mbetter than 10' away,and of to one side **
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti and Kyla will need your gifts Je'rar
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: *off to one side
(1209) Morti: "Didn't mean our bodies..." :comments offhandedly, as he turns back to watch the door and grab it should it fall:
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "hm?"
(1229) DM: The door begins to fall...
(1203) Kyla: "Morti, ge back, the daggers will keep it from falling before I pull it off."
** (1199) Evarian move to the back of the room **
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: Get back everyone!
** (1209) Morti reaches to grab the door **
whispering to Evarian, which wall?
(1238) Evil Joe (exit): 00:53
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti do not touch it
** (1227) Raevanain says softly "timber" **
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane stays back as noted above **
(1199) Evarian (whispering): the line basically under the word group
(1229) DM: ...and starts shimmering, as if something within is struggling to get out...
whispering to Evarian, yes. you can run behind it and hide
** (1199) Evarian ducks behind the wall in the middle of the room **
(1203) Kyla: "Something ont he other side is pushing it open"
(1229) DM: you can see that it seems to be a humanoid shape...9 feet tall...and armed...
(1209) Morti: "Shoot!"
whispering to Evarian, so you can see it
(1227) Raevanain: "he hasnt attacked yet"
(1229) DM: The door falls to the ground, and cracks slightly. As it does so, it vanishes and in its place is an overly large muscular man with the head of a goat and a HUGE morningstar that leaps out, ready to bring it down on Kyla's head.
(1209) Morti: (couldn't catch it then?)
(1229) DM: (reflex then)
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane leaps forward to attack it **
(1209) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
(1229) DM: (hold it J, if Morti catches it then you don't need to)
(1229) DM: (he catches it, which means that the door remains whole. but its still shimmering and the above didn't happen)
** (1209) Morti grimaces at the shimmering surface. **
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, I guess we move the door to the side and continue on
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (but..but I wanted to kill it :P )
** (1225) Trayn holds his breath **
(1227) Raevanain: "morti hold that for a few hours while we go and get the mages"
(1209) Morti (whispering): new spellcraft for further info, and better understanding of the trigger? wanna know if setting it down will set it off)
(1229) DM: Within is a leering goat headed man, armed with a double spiked morningstar. And there are seven others right behind it, slavering for your blood.
(1203) Kyla: "I swear something was forceing that door iff it's hinges
(1209) Morti: "WHAT?!" :to Raev:
(1229) DM: It really wants to get loose and start hacking, by the looks of it.
whispering to Morti, yep
(1227) Raevanain: "throw it out the window"
(1203) Kyla: ((it's not rushing towards the door?))
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "How about we yell for the mages to come to us, and now!"
(1209) Morti (whispering): yep, setting it down will trigger it, or yep I can roll?
(1209) Morti: :to Raev: "What window?"
(1227) Raevanain: "rainur what say you"
** (1227) Raevanain leans back against the wall "find one" **
(1229) DM: (the "door" is a soulcage in tangible magickal form. if you destroy it or injure it, you release the creatures within.)
** (1199) Evarian steps out from behind the wall and spots the door that morti is holding up "hmm .. that doesnt look good" **
** (1232) Rainur Swiftblade found the F8 macro key **
** (1232) Rainur Swiftblade found the F8 macro key **
** (1232) Rainur Swiftblade found the F8 macro key **
(1209) Morti: "I need someplace to set it down.... as long as we don't hurt it... technically... it should be fine."
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane found the F8 macro key **
(1225) Trayn : "how about just against the wall
(1227) Raevanain: "ok you carry it down stairs and away from us and put it down"
(1229) DM: (there was an illusion of it, which disappeared when the door was taken off its hinges. the illusion showed you a normal wooden door. think of a mirror mounted on a piece of wood. if you take off the backing, you're left with a piece of glass. that's the "door". it's like that piece of glass.)
(1209) Morti: "Though this... does kind of give me an idea..."
** (1225) Trayn points to the corner of the landing they are at **
** (1209) Morti looks for a nice cushy place to put the door down **
whispering to Morti, roll for spellcraft or knowledge
(1209) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
(1209) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [2,11] = (13)
whispering to Morti, destroying the "door" will release the creatures.
whispering to Morti, too high spells for you. part of the magicka involves using the One Power.
(1199) Evarian (whispering): can i run back downstairs and grab on of those straw mats ?
** (1227) Raevanain pulls his shield off his back, shoulders his bow and places the shield on his arm and draws his sword "moving on are we?" **
** (1209) Morti finds as flat and out of the way surface as he can to set it down **
(1209) Morti: :then takes a look around the new room we're in:
(1209) Morti: (44, right?)
** (1203) Kyla gives back the daggers, adn readies her chain **
** (1199) Evarian sheathes his dagger **
(1203) Kyla: "thanks for the loan."
whispering to Evarian, they're here
(1229) TaliesinNYC: This appears to be some sort of sleeping chamber A pallet lies in one corner, along with a desk and a chair. The room is lit with globes of white light placed in each corner of the room. A rotting wooden trunk lies in the NE corner of the room. You spot a few items on a shelf above the pallet. On the south wall of the room is a tapestry depicting Cragrapid Keep's coat of arms: a crossed hammer and chisel above which is an onyx drake skull. A heavy stone wardrobe rests between two arrow slits in the N wall. A walking cane leans next to the wardrobe. Flanking the door are two unlit iron braziers.
** (1225) Trayn moves ahead into the next room **
(1209) Morti: "I do have an illusion spell ready. If we were to trigger the door in the righ place and time, under the right conditions... they might just do our work for us...
(1232) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 01:04
(1209) Morti: "
(1242) BeefPot (enter): 01:05
(1242) BeefPot (exit): 01:05
(1242) BeefPot (enter): 01:05
(1242) BeefPot (exit): 01:05
(1242) BeefPot (enter): 01:05
(1225) Trayn : "I shall confront this evil you have sensed Rainur"
(1242) BeefPot (exit): 01:05
(1229) DM: (the evil was in the door, not beyond the door)
** (1227) Raevanain laughs **
(1199) Evarian: ((so has the door been put down all nice and safe then))
** (1225) Trayn is not upset there is no more evil to deal with **
(1209) Morti: (Yes.. no one touch the door)
(1203) Kyla: "then why not trigfger it near teh top of a cliff with the door on it's way down?"
(1225) Trayn : "well... where to next"
(1209) Morti: :realizing: "Anyone else think this might just be the bedroom we were looking for?"
(1229) DM: (see the description I sent to you)
** (1227) Raevanain looks around **
(1225) Trayn : "that cane isnt the staff.... is it?"
whispering to Raevanain, roll search
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 01:07
** (1225) Trayn peeks behind the tapestry **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1243) Rainur Swiftblade...
(1199) Evarian: "it could be .. " ::looks to morti:: "can you check it"
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: (sorry guys got booted off of AOL))
** (1209) Morti moves to the south east corner of the room and focuses his enegergies to perform a magic detection sweep of the room **
whispering to Raevanain, secret door to the NE. see the secret door to 45
(1209) Morti: (find anything?)
** (1227) Raevanain walks over toe the NE wall **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): can i tell how to open it?
whispering to Trayn , nothing behind the tapestry
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane goes over to pry oen the ritting chest **
** (1199) Evarian moves towards the pallet **
** (1203) Kyla checks the rotten chest **
(1199) Evarian (whispering): checking the items on the shelf above it
whispering to Raevanain, secret stud in the wall.
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): pushes?turns?pulls the stud to open the secret door shield at the ready
(1225) Trayn : "nothing there...hmmm"
whispering to Evarian, goblin skull, a cut emerald, six poorly cared for books, three pewter figurines
whispering to Raevanain, pulls
** (1225) Trayn looks around some more leaving the obvious things to the others **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): ok i do that then shield at the ready
(1229) DM: A stone door slides back, grinding noisily
(1229) DM: (see door to 45)
** (1227) Raevanain peers inside **
(1227) Raevanain: "hello..."
(1229) DM: (hold on Raev)
(1227) Raevanain: "any evil wizards in here"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur chuckles
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26)
whispering to Kyla, chest = magically trapped
(1244) Shadow (enter): 01:11
(1203) Kyla: "you mean besides morti, right?"
(1244) Shadow (exit): 01:11
(1227) Raevanain: "no morti is in this room, i meant the next room"
whispering to Morti, chest magically trapped, nothing else.
(1209) Morti: :to Kyla:"Eh? WHo's evil?"
** (1225) Trayn peers inside the stone door room as well **
(1209) Morti: "And watch the chest, it's trapped"
(1203) Kyla: "Sorry, jsut kidding with you."
(1203) Kyla: "I know taht already."
(1199) Evarian (whispering): i look more closesly at the figurines
(1229) DM: (sent description of 45 to Rae and Trayn)
(1209) Morti: :nods to Kyla on both notes:
(1227) Raevanain: "nice staff"
whispering to Evarian, they're figurines of goat headed humans wielding weapons.
** (1227) Raevanain walks up to it but doesnt touch anything **
whispering to Evarian, they give you the willies. (Trollocs)
** (1203) Kyla attempts to disarm it, and picklock. **
(1199) Evarian (whispering): ahh :)
(1225) Trayn : "yes... I wouldnt touch anything Raevanain"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [8,11] = (19), [1d20+11] -> [19,11] = (30)
(1203) Kyla (whispering): +11 to both rolls
** (1199) Evarian leaves the items on the shelf alone **
(1225) Trayn : "these items all hold the potential of grave danger"
(1209) Morti: "Eh?" :hearing Raev's words, he moves up to the door of room 45:
whispering to Kyla, you think you're successful in disarming. (I have your thief skills memorized. =P)
whispering to Kyla, unlocked it
** (1227) Raevanain ignores him to and looks at the books trying to read whats on the covers **
(1199) Evarian (whispering): same as we saw in the door right ?
(1227) Raevanain: without touching
whispering to Evarian, yes
whispering to Raevanain, they're books about magic (the regular non-One Power kind). they're waterlogged.
** (1199) Evarian looks at some figurines on the shelf and mutters "these look familiar" **
(1203) Kyla: "I'm opening the box. it was trapped, but I'm not totally sure I disabled it. theese magic traps are trickey things."
** (1227) Raevanain examines the cloth **
** (1209) Morti moves forth to inspect the staff and it's protecting field. (spellcraft to determine protection) **
(1209) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [3,11] = (14)
(1229) DM: Inside the chest is a jewel-encrusted saddle. It's somewhat peculiar...too large for a horse, but reminds you of a saddle for a horse.
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to light the two braziers **
whispering to Raevanain, two of the books are spellbooks.
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Let there be light"
whispering to Morti, all schools.
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): i meant the cloth on the chest
whispering to Raevanain, you think it moved....
(1203) Kyla: "wow, a rhinosaurous saddle."
(1209) Morti (whispering): arcana roll to theorize if it's the field itself could be what is meant to kill the one who would break it
(1209) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [10,10] = (20)
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): the book or the cloth?
whispering to Morti, probably.
(1225) Trayn : "we are not here for these things"
whispering to Raevanain, the cloth.
(1225) Trayn : "perhaps only for the staff"
(1225) Trayn : "in fact.... now that I stand before it..."
** (1227) Raevanain slowly backs out of the room keeping an eye on the cloth **
(1225) Trayn : "I think I've made up my mind"
(1225) Trayn : "while I think little of Rhian losing her present magical skill"
** (1227) Raevanain says to evarian in elven urgently **
(1225) Trayn : "I cannot resist the chance to defeat this Vlad here and now..."
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): to Ev in elven "get your bow over here now"
** (1209) Morti eyes the staff curiously, then glances back out the door, thinking something over, before looking to Trayn **
(1229) DM: Je'rar lights the braziers, which give off a pleasant odor that reminds you of burnt roses...
whispering to Evarian, k
(1225) Trayn : "therefore.... I shall break this staff myself..."
whispering to Raevanain, k
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: No, they will need you here
(1209) Morti: "Trayn... I think there's another way..."
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): added a whisper group to you, rainur and je'rar cause they know elven
(1203) Kyla: "Wait, that is a death sentence."
(1225) Trayn : "whoever needs healing now can ask and receive it"
whispering to Raevanain, ok
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: you must be here to heal them
(1209) Morti: :speaking up: "I said I have another way"
(1229) DM: (just so everyone knows what's in 45)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Je;rar, it was always your wish to save her, perhaps you should break it"
(1227) Raevanain: "if he wants to break it, let him break it"
(1225) Trayn : "and what way is that... is it as sure a way as breaking a staff?"
** (1199) Evarian moves to Raevanain with his bow ready **
** (1227) Raevanain keeps watching the cloth **
** (1227) Raevanain whispers to evarian **
(1209) Morti: "Urgh..." :looks to the elves: "What's wrong?"
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane resolutely strides forth to pick up the staff **
** (1227) Raevanain walks slowly back into the room shield and sword ready **
** (1209) Morti moves to stop Jer'ar. **
(1209) Morti: "I said, I have another way"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "What?"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is your way morti?
(1209) Morti: "Well... it's dangerous... it means letting out whatever is in the Door"
** (1227) Raevanain touches the edge of my sword to the cloth **
** (1199) Evarian is watching raevanain with his bow ready **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
(1229) DM: The "cloth" suddenly lunges at Raevanain...and drops to the floor...or so you think.
(1209) Morti: "Like I said... I can use my illusion to trick them for a second into having our image over the staff. Strong as that thing looked, It can probably break it in one swing"
** (1227) Raevanain jumps back a bit "well ill..." **
(1225) Trayn : "please... dont touch anything we dont need too"
(1209) Morti: "And then it's..." :interrupted by attack on Raev, "Dammit"
(1229) DM: All you see is a piece of black cloth.
(1209) Morti: (spellcraft on cloak)
(1209) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29)
whispering to Morti, not magical.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur disbelieves
(1225) Trayn : Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [2,1] = (3)
(1225) Trayn : Gather Information Skill Check: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, not magical...
(1225) Trayn : ((ooops ignore that))
** (1227) Raevanain curses in an unknown language **
** (1209) Morti hurries over to try to pull at the cloth to free Raev **
(1229) DM: The cloth lies on the floor, Morti.
(1227) Raevanain: ((its not on me))
(1225) Trayn : Concetration Skill Check: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(1209) Morti: (..... oh....... nm then......)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Well we need to do something morti...time is wasting
(1199) Evarian: "What is that .." :looking at the cloth::
(1209) Morti: "It's up to you. Breaking the staff will kill one... but we'll still have two left I think."
** (1209) Morti heads back to check the door and count the monsters **
(1225) Trayn : "how is that?"
(1225) Trayn : "I came to free Rhian"
(1225) Trayn : "everythings else is secondary"
(1227) Raevanain: "wrap this cloak around the staff"
(1209) Morti: "And breaking the staff will free her, and then she can help us fight the nasties in the tower"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well to hell with drenla..he made his decision"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Allow me"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: There is a protective field Je'rar
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "She's the main reason why I've come as far as I have"
** (1209) Morti glares at Jer'ar but doesn't speak up for the moment **
(1227) Raevanain: "can everyone please be quiet and stop worrying about the staff for just a minute, did no one else notice this cloth jump? doesnt anyone find that unusual?"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti, if ye are to do something, do it now
whispering to Raevanain, you swear, the "cloth" moved just a teensy weensy inch
whispering to Raevanain, but you're not really sure...heheh
** (1199) Evarian is still staring at the cloth slightly wide eyed , and with his bow ready **
(1227) Raevanain: "people its moving again"
** (1227) Raevanain moves back a bit more sword ready **
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane is getting very jumpy,wanting to bshatter the staff and free Rhian **
(1209) Morti: "That's a dangerous act, if we do it, everyone has to be ready"
(1203) Kyla: "Yes, I saw it, no, I don't think it's suo unusual after all teh agic traps I've jsut seen."
(1209) Morti: :to Raev: "Then stab it and stop complaining"
** (1227) Raevanain shrugs at everyone else not listening and backs out of the room leaving it in there with the people aruging **
(1209) Morti (whispering): how many monsters were in the door?
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [6,2] = (8)
whispering to Morti, 8
whispering to Raevanain, the "cloth" just leaped to attach itself to Morti's foot but missed when Morti stepped aside, not even looking.
(1209) Morti (whispering): eesh.. though it was 3... screw that idea)
(1203) Kyla: "Morti, I like your idea. that evil door needs to be dealt with anyway, so may as well try your plan."
(1227) Raevanain: "morti i think it wants your boots"
whispering to Evarian, the "cloth" just tried to attack Morti but missed.
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane shakeshis head, stabs the end of flametongue into the cloth **
** (1227) Raevanain keeps backing away till he is next to evarian in the other room **
(1229) DM: (init)
(1199) Evarian: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
** (1209) Morti stares into the door, and gapes uncomfotably.... "That'll mean dealing with seven oif them even after the one breaks the staff...." **
(1209) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [18,2] = (20)
(1227) Raevanain: [1d20+5] -> [15,5] = (20)
(1229) DM: (remember folks that 45 is a 30 x 10 room)
(1229) DM: (20, Morti)
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane prays for a swift and glorious battle, as his player is starting to succumb to fatigue **
(1209) Morti: (what are we fighting?)
(1199) Evarian: (the "cloth")
(1227) Raevanain: ((the freakin cloth that is trying to eat your foot))
(1199) Evarian: (i think)
(1203) Kyla: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [14,4] = (18)
(1199) Evarian: (lol)
(1229) DM: (a piece of "black cloth" that just tried to grab your foot but missed when you weren't looking)
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (the one I went to stab with flametongue)
(1199) Evarian: (ya .. thats teh one)
(1225) Trayn : Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
** (1209) Morti jumps back, firing off his crossbow at the cloth in the process **
(1209) Morti: Crossbow, light Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)===> DMG: [1d8+0] -> [6,0] = (6)
(1229) DM: (miss)
(1229) DM: (20, Rae.) can't see the cloth based on where you are and also since the room is filed with ppl.
(1227) Raevanain: (can i get close enough to hit it with my sword? im just outside next to ev, and he was lookin at it down an arrowshaft
(1229) DM: (just barely.)
(1229) DM: (if you miss, you might hit Rainur and Morti instead. =))
** (1227) Raevanain sighs and runs back into the room swinging his longsword at the lovely peice of fashion **
(1227) Raevanain: Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [19,6] = (25)===> DMG: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(1199) Evarian (whispering): will i be able to use my bow ? i took precise shot remember.
(1229) DM: The cloth squeals, as black acidic blood spurts out, boring a hole in the stone. Suddenly, you see that the "cloth" is really a creature that appears like an executioner's hood...
(1227) Raevanain: ((wait i got 19 isnt that a crit!))
whispering to Evarian, roll at your peril. lol
whispering to Raevanain, why yes it is
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: ((that is a threat))
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (that's a threat; check to seeif its a crit)
(1229) DM: ((why yes it is. roll to see if its really is a crit.))
(1227) Raevanain: ((yea thats what i maent, but like ooo im using to the missing part))
(1227) Raevanain: Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [5,6] = (11)===> DMG: [1d8+3] -> [5,3] = (8)
(1227) Raevanain: ((bummer))
(1203) Kyla (whispering): I think it falls under construct type, no vitals for a crit....
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: least you still hit for 10 pts)
(1227) Raevanain: ((im happy with that, better then dropping my sword))
(1229) DM: (19, Rainur)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: missed twice
(1229) DM: (yep)
(1229) DM: (18, Kyla and Trayn. Kyla first.)
** (1203) Kyla gets out of the way for better fighters to deal with the cloth **
** (1225) Trayn stays out of the fray... keeping himself to heal the injured **
(1225) Trayn : ((there is little room in here... he will get out then))
(1227) Raevanain: ((umm))
(1229) DM: (13, Evarian)
** (1199) Evarian grimaces at the melee but still looses an arrow at the creature from his longbow **
(1199) Evarian: Composite Longbow Attack: [1d20+9] -> [3,9] = (12)
(1199) Evarian: ((bugger))
(1229) DM: (miss. 11, Je'rar)
(1199) Evarian: ((good to see nothing has changed))
(1227) Raevanain: ((its duncs lucky number!))
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane leaps forward to flail away at it **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+9] -> [4,9] = (13)
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: [1d20+8] -> [4,8] = (12)
(1229) DM: (and that's a miss)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (ok..who cursed the dice?)
(1229) DM: Fortunately, it missed when it tried to leap up on your hand.
(1229) DM: (20, Morti and Rae. Morti first.)
** (1209) Morti reloads his bow quickly and fires **
(1209) Morti: Crossbow, light Attack Roll: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)===> DMG: [1d8+0] -> [1,0] = (1)
(1229) DM: (yep, hit)
(1229) DM: (Rae, next)
(1209) Morti: (as much as that did...)
** (1227) Raevanain goes back in with a downward slash at the cloth **
(1227) Raevanain: Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [14,6] = (20)===> DMG: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (check for crit)
(1229) DM: (crit roll pls)
(1227) Raevanain: oops soz ok
(1227) Raevanain: Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [11,6] = (17)===> DMG: [1d8+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (oh ait...lol n/m..though it was a natral :P)
(1203) Kyla: ((on a 14????))
(1229) DM: (crit)
(1227) Raevanain: ((im just following orders))
(1229) DM: (oh nm. lol)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): not a threat
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (told you fatigue was kicking in :P )
(1209) Morti: (problem #2 with Open... human error)
(1229) DM: (thanks Mike.) (its dead in any event. Reflex to make sure your weapon doesn't dissolve.)
(1227) Raevanain: ((haha))
(1227) Raevanain: ((it bnetter not!))
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (note:don't listen to me.. menatl note; don't listen to myself)
(1227) Raevanain: Reflex save: [1d20+6] -> [20,6] = (26)
(1203) Kyla: ((lol))
(1227) Raevanain: ((bah theres the 20 i needed))
** (1209) Morti stops after the thing is slayed, closing his eyes and taking a breath to compose himself **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "There; now can I break the damn staff?"
(1225) Trayn : "there... I think we can listen more to me from now on"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does this staff look like the staff as discribed?
** (1227) Raevanain looks at trayn "nice of you to help" and walks back out to the other room **
whispering to Raevanain, heh
(1203) Kyla: "morti, I like your idea about the staff, but I think it would be good if we set it up in the stairwell, and ldealt with the others as tehy came through the door into this room where we have teh advantage of space."
** (1209) Morti moves aside for a second looking about, and wonders over to check the three black leather books **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes
(1225) Trayn : "its my job to help the needy... not the greedy"
** (1199) Evarian moves back to look at the figurines on the shelf again **
(1203) Kyla: "Je'rar, if Morti's idea doesn't work, then we can decide which of us breaks the staff."
** (1227) Raevanain offers an arrow from my quiver to replace the one he shot "and obviously your helping yourself, staying back and hiding" **
(1227) Raevanain: ((to ev))
whispering to Morti, spellbooks and books on lore and magicka.
(1227) Raevanain: ((but said to trayn lol))
(1199) Evarian: ((but i was hiding good !!!))
(1209) Morti: :to kyla: "Actually, we'd have the advantage here. My spell would keep them disorient at least for a moment and we could rely on ranged assaults from the bedroom,(44), then they can only come out one at a time, and with their size, it will be harder getting through the door."
(1209) Morti: :grimaceing: "Still.... seven of them even if one does break the staff...."
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Hmm.. not a bad idea Morti..worth a shot"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: So are you saying that we move the door into (*rm 45 ) this room and open it?
** (1199) Evarian shakes his head at the arow offered **
(1225) Trayn : "I shall hold the staff... and break it if needed"
** (1227) Raevanain puts it back in his quiver and has a drink of some awter **
(1203) Kyla: "We could get the same advantage with them comeing up the stairs, and throught he door, adn we'd have more room around the center door, but you are right about this door being smaller."
(1225) Trayn : "I take it now... back away lest this ends in bloodshed"
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane goes to make sure his bow can be easily slung in an instant, and that his weapons can be drawn with great ease, and then takes the bow in his hands and prepares to fire arrows **
** (1227) Raevanain laughs out loud "he didnt want to help in the battle because he was needed, but he is willing to kill himself now" **
** (1225) Trayn awaits them to clear out of the room **
** (1227) Raevanain whispers something to evarian and walks away **
** (1199) Evarian is looking at the items on the shelf still. **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Trayn Je'rar is to break the staff
(1209) Morti: :to Rainur: "Yeah, I'll use my illusion to set up the image of us over the the staff, so they'll attack there fist. If it works it'll blow up in their face."
(1203) Kyla: "I'm sorry for backing out of that battle with the cloth, but a blunt weapon on a creature with no vitals is not something taht would be helpfull. with the goat men, I can at least disarm them,"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: and we will be in the larger room
(1225) Trayn : "and you think a high sorceror wont see beyond your simple ruse"
(1225) Trayn : "I have little faith it will"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Sometimes simpicity is the best method ; conceal the obvious"
(1227) Raevanain: "sometimes we should just listen to the leader" looks at rainur "your choice" smiles slightly
(1209) Morti: "we'd be back in the bed chamber(44), but still that's seven of those goat heads in here that will charge out after us."
(1225) Trayn : "Je'rar... you are going to break the staff?"
(1225) Trayn : "You take this upon yourself?"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: So lets get this straight folks...we bring the door into rm 45 , morti casts an illusion of near the staff and they will attack there causing it to be freed or broken correct?
(1227) Raevanain: "and thats alright kyla, you didnt hide behind helping others as to why you stayed out of it"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "I've told you hat already; what's the worstthat can happen?"
** (1227) Raevanain nods once to rainur **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Ok help me bring it to the smaller room
(1225) Trayn : "I just wanted to hear it from you again.... personally"
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade goes to the door and asks the elves to give him a hand **
** (1227) Raevanain goes over and helps rainur **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Ok. . so I go to break the staff while Morti casts his illusion near t and myself, is thatthe plan?"
(1225) Trayn : ((slightly confused as to who "they will attack" is... do we know they will appear out of thin air))
** (1199) Evarian goes to help keep it steady why they move it **
(1225) Trayn : ((we were told this in one of the scions limericks?))
** (1209) Morti stares to Jer'ar with a worried expression. "It's not that simple." **
(1203) Kyla: "No Je'rar, you do not break the staff, with any luck, the goatmen will break it for us. if that fails, adfter we deal with them, I'll break teh staff."
(1209) Morti: (no, this is off the top of my head)
(1203) Kyla: "The woman we are trying to free means more to you than me,a dn will need you when freed. I'm less needed, adn willing to be the one to do this."
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "No Kyla, if things go wrong, the others will need you to be able to dea with traps and such"
(1199) Evarian: "remember that the scion said that whoever sacrifices themself will be brought back to life ..."
(1203) Kyla: "you can get a nother rogue to deal with traps, you are not replaceable."
(1227) Raevanain: "how about we worry about this after we try the first plan"
(1229) DM: (Who has the staff?)
(1227) Raevanain: ))no one we didnt touch it))
(1209) Morti: "There are eight goat heads in the door. We open it and IF one breaks the staff, there are still seven who will come back through the chamber door to get us. Can we handle that many, even though they can only come out one at a time and we can surround them as they do?"
(1203) Kyla: "I don't believe the scion,a dn will not allow your sacrifice."
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well.. I've always said right along that I don't believe in fate, and that we each make our own choices.. time for me to put that to the test,hm?"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "if all is eant to be well, the Warfather will see me thorough"
** (1225) Trayn waits patiently for this all to play out **
(1209) Morti: :To Jer'ar: "And if we scre up... you're dead..."
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Kyla we need you as Je'rar said. Je'rar will be back so I do not worry. You we need now. I still say that Je'rar is the most logical to break it
(1225) Trayn (whispering): why is it half this party has to come up with intricate plans that accomplish nothing
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade and the others move the door to the smaller chamber **
whispering to Trayn , that's players for you lol
(1203) Kyla: "Let's jsut worry about Morti's plan first. there might not be a problem with which of us breaks it after the fight."
(1209) Morti: "Logical?" :saddened: "What's logical about throwing away a life?"
(1225) Trayn : "lets decide on a plan and carry it out"
(1225) Trayn : "even I dont have limitless patience"
(1227) Raevanain: "we are trying to do that, for some reason they all believe this oen will fail"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "Well Morti.. then we'd best not screw up"
(1199) Evarian (whispering): i'll be afk for a bit .. just putting dinner on
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is not thrown as you say but offered to serve a better good
(1209) Morti: "So what plan are we going with?" :holds his breath nervously:
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: If we can just take it and break it, that is the best way. I do not want to release those things.
(1227) Raevanain: "your telling me i helped move that door for nothing?"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: well with any luck the explosion of the staff will take the door with it
(1203) Kyla: "That door is evil though, and needs to be dealt with. Morti'ms placn has a chance one of us won't need to die, and deals with the evil problem. it's a good idea."
(1227) Raevanain: "and release the monster then we have to fight them anyway? whats the point of that!"
(1203) Kyla: "It's better to fight them with all of us, than already doewn one member."
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: they will have to touch the protective field to get at our liiusions
(1229) DM: (So, what's the plan, folks?)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: My vote is for morti's plan
(1229) DM: (Mike (Je'rar) has to get up in 4 hours.)
(1203) Kyla: ((I vote morti's plan too))
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (eek..its 2 already?)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Cast it morti
(1229) DM: (yes. this is what happens when you take a long time to DO SOMETHING!)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: cast your illusion
(1225) Trayn : ((the dawn of the day i vote for any plan concocted by Morti hasnt yet occured))
** (1227) Raevanain goes to the back off the other room (44) and places his shield and sword against the wall in easy reach, draws his bow and readies an arrow **
(1203) Kyla: ((lol))
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "If we take too much longer, I guess I'm just going to have to..."
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane goes over to grab for the staff **
(1209) Morti: (keep in mind, my plan, even if it works and one of them breaks the staff, leaves seven goat heads to deal with. we might get a surprise round as they linger and they can only come through the doorwar one at a time, and we might get aoo's as they pass the door for twoo on the sides... however, fighting 7 will probably weaken us down a good deal)
(1209) Morti: (and we still have a hard fight against the homeowner's ahead)
(1229) DM: (Je'rar is going for the staff. Any objections?)
(1225) Trayn : (none)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: none
(1253) Korok (enter): 02:12
(1209) Morti: (I hope grabbing it doesn't do anything)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Everyone stand back out of this room
(1229) DM: (Before we proceed, I want to absolutely make sure this is what happens.)
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane raisning it high above my head, looks up to the heavens, closes his eyes and utters a short prayer to the warfather **
(1253) Korok (whispering): is this a 1 dhot or a campaign?
whispering to Korok, campaign. feel free to lurk.
(1209) Morti: :to Jer'ar: "WAIT!!"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: (by all means, go stan)
(1203) Kyla: "Not yet Jerar, after Morti's plan, please"
(1229) DM: (*out of the mouths of babes*)
(1253) Korok (whispering): your a brave DM with so many players
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: all LOL
** (1227) Raevanain says to evarian again in elvish **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): "do you think it will rain tomorrow"
whispering to Korok, nothing I can't handle. thanks.
(1209) Morti: (That's gonna be written on Morti's tombstone)
(1253) Korok (whispering): 7 players right?
whispering to Raevanain, lol.
whispering to Korok, with room for 1 more. yes, 7.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti step away and go to the stairs
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: EVeryone to the stairs
(1253) Korok (whispering): heh i could never handle past 5
(1209) Morti: "The stairs?"
(1203) Kyla: "Then we're letting him...."
whispering to Korok, camp's been going on for a little over 7 months. I think I can handle 7. =)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: If he breaks that staff we will all be in range of its energy
(1227) Raevanain: "get the door out of there!"
(1203) Kyla: "Get away from the door, dammit"
(1253) Korok (whispering): dang!, that long for open RPG game, what time does it start?
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: hopefully it will fry the door too
(1209) Morti: "Jer'ar.... are you ... sure?"
(1209) Morti: (no... it will trigger the door)
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane eyes are closed in complete serenity to the moment **
whispering to Korok, it normally begins at 4 pm on Saturdays and runs till 10 pm but tonight it began at 10:30 pm and will stop at 4 am. all times are Eastern time.
(1209) Morti: (that is if it's an area effect spell, which I don't believe it is)
(1203) Kyla: "Would it have the power to kill 2 people, if both broke it?"
** (1225) Trayn keeps an eye on Je'rar....not willing to leave him alone but he stays as far away as he can **
whispering to Je'rar Ogrebane, feel free to break it at any time. :)
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade does the same **
(1209) Morti: :to Kyla: "I have no idea. Maybe I could give a read through Vladizier's books on the subject though"
** (1227) Raevanain stays in the other room (44) letting them kill themselves **
(1199) Evarian (whispering): back for now.
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: "By the glory of the warfather, grant me the power!"
(1199) Evarian (whispering): i will have moved off to wherever it was the others went as well :)
** (1231) Je'rar Ogrebane brings it down with a mighty surge of strength, snapping it over my knee **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): so Je'rar will break it and we all will remain in 44 and 30 to stay away from the blast
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: *SNAP*
** (1209) Morti grits his teeth, and tenses completely at Jer'ar's act **
** (1199) Evarian waits with his bow ready **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane (whispering): well now I'm in for it,eh?
(1253) Korok (exit): 02:19
** (1227) Raevanain shakes his head and curses in an unknown language **
(1229) DM: As Je'rar shatters the staff with his hands, an intense white glow coalesces within the staff and spreads rapidly outward, as hundreds of thousands of motes of light rapidly surround Je'rar's form, then spreads outward washing over the room in an incandescent blaze, that blinds those watching. In a moment, it's gone...as is the door, and Je'rar's body.
(1229) DM: Elsewhere in the keep, you hear a massive explosion, as the room rocks and buckles.
** (1225) Trayn blinks... and then is blinded since he was watching **
** (1209) Morti goes slack breathing out a heavy word, "Jer'ar..." **
(1229) DM: Over the din, in the distance, you can hear a bell chiming.
** (1225) Trayn staggers **
(1225) Trayn : "its begun... Vladizier's destruction.... thru Je'rars sacrifice and the breaking of the staff"
(1203) Kyla: "That should have been me..."
(1209) Morti: :eyes still flickering from the light, lets his body fall waekly back against the wall, to lean for support:
** (1227) Raevanain shoulders his bow and picks up sword and shield **
** (1199) Evarian stands watching the group and waiting. **
** (1227) Raevanain continues to talk to evarian **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): "i think we should go get some wine...yes wine would be good"
whispering to Raevanain, k
** (1199) Evarian shakes his head at Raevanain **
(1225) Trayn : "perhaps... but it was not a choice that you made"
(1229) DM: Nastisha appears.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Let us now finish the job
** (1209) Morti looks up to Kyla on her Declaration, a bit blank and thoughtless, tears straining at his eyes. Suddenly it springs forth.. "Rhian.. she's free now. And she said she'd revive him. SHe has too." **
(1227) Raevanain: "well good eve lady"
** (1229) Nastisha smiles sinisterly. **
** (1209) Morti glances back over toward Nastisha **
(1209) Morti (whispering): disbelief to make sure she's no illusion
(1209) Morti: Will save: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
(1229) Nastisha: Thank ye, pets, for helping me win my bet. I'll take my leave now, with my own pet, sweet Drenla. (cackles)
** (1199) Evarian holds his bow watching Nastisha **
(1227) Raevanain: "what? not going to stay for drinks? ahh guess your afraid, oh well"
whispering to Morti, yes she's an illusion
(1209) Morti: "No!"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur throws an axe at her
** (1209) Morti takes a run from the room, rushing for the stairs, calling out, It's an illusion, don't waste your time!" **
(1229) Nastisha: I never did like Vladizier much anyway. Too much the bower and scraper. And now, a Citadel mage for my very own! Such a prize. (glancing at Morti and licking her lips)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, ok
** (1209) Morti runs down the stairs and back to the room they left Drenla in **
(1227) Raevanain: "well even ogresses need their amusements...you are an ogre arent you?"
(1229) DM: Rainur throws an axe at Nastisha.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+6] -> [16,6] = (22)
** (1203) Kyla follows after Morti **
(1227) Raevanain: "humans are ugly and all....but not that ugly"
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade throws an axe at her head **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 22
(1229) DM: The axe flies THROUGH Nastisha and lands on the chest lid.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Bah, just an illusion!
** (1227) Raevanain sighs "couldnt even come here in person, whores are the same world over" walks back to the stairs **
(1229) Nastisha: Tsk tsk. Nasty manners there, for a human. Ah well, can't stay and chit chat when I have a mage to command. Nice meeting you all. The Dark be with ye. (cackles)
(1227) Raevanain: "by vladizers pet"
** (1229) Nastisha vanishes **
(1225) Trayn : "It certainly will not"
** (1225) Trayn raises his voice at her as she dissapears **
(1209) Morti (whispering): do I reach Drenla in time for... anything?
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: ::mutters::"Drenla"
(1225) Trayn : "It certainly will not" he says again after she 'dissapears'
(1227) Raevanain: "so how do we get out of here now that our jobs done?"
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade retrieves his axe **
whispering to Morti, You see Nastisha in the room, with Drenla in front of her. Drenla's chanting.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Our job is NOT done Vladizer must be destroyed!"
(1229) Nastisha: (to Morti) I wouldn't move if I were ye. Drenla would love to kill you, won't ye, Drenla?
(1225) Trayn : "our job is to free Rhian"
(1209) Morti (whispering): :seeing the seen I freeze: "No! Master Drenla!"
** (1229) Drenla continues chanting. **
(1209) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [3,11] = (14)
(1225) Trayn : "though bringing Vladizier to justice would serve me fine"
(1227) Raevanain: "i believe rainur is the leader trayn"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "No, we made a deal with the psion"
whispering to Morti, not high enough
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "It pains me to do this but..."
** (1227) Raevanain tries to find morti **
(1229) Nastisha: (to Morti) Good, my pet, my sweet. I shall ask my mistress what to do about ye when I come for ye next. I believe ye know of her. (smiles sweetly)
(1209) Morti (whispering): "Master Drenla, please, you have to listen to me. You aren't evil, I know you aren't. Stop letting this bitch control you!"
** (1229) Drenla winces in pain and shakes his head at Morti, sadly. **
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: ((well.. gotta crash or I'm totally screwed tomorrow..err.. I mean today... gn guys))
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): morti is still with us correct and drenla is actually here?
(1229) Drenla: "Silver path...
(1199) Evarian: ((night))
(1227) Raevanain: ((night mate :)))
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no, scroll up
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, he left the room and dashed downstairs
(1209) Morti: (nite)
(1209) Morti: "Silver path?"
(1203) Kyla: "Morti, Is that Drenla, or someone else?"
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane: Disconnecting from server...
(1231) Je'rar Ogrebane (exit): 02:34
(1229) Drenla: ...duchess' tower."
(1209) Morti: "PLease, Master..." :tears flowing: "You have to fight it, I know you can."
(1227) Raevanain: ((have we caught up to morti and that yet??))
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: ok let's go get morti...come on everyone
(1229) DM: (to Morti) You have one chance to act.
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade chaces after morti **
(1209) Morti: "NOW!!"
(1203) Kyla (whispering): I followed morti to whever he is))
(1229) DM: (Raevanian and Kyla: you enter 33 as Drenla is chanting a spell with Nastisha behind him.)
(1229) DM: (Rainur and the rest of you, you'll take two rounds to get to 33)
** (1209) Morti thrusts forth his hand as if throwing forth his very essence in a blasting cone of light (color spray on both) **
(1227) Raevanain: ((can we attack? :) ))
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): the rest of us are on the way down
(1229) DM: (you can roll init.)
(1203) Kyla: Initiative: [1d20+4] -> [15,4] = (19)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
(1227) Raevanain: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
(1209) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [5,2] = (7)
(1229) DM: (19, Kyla)
(1225) Trayn : Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
(1229) Nastisha: What are you doing?!? Release the spell! I command ye!
(1209) Morti: (I get off my color spray?)
** (1203) Kyla charges Nastisha trying to punch him out **
(1227) Raevanain: ((her))
** (1229) Drenla winces with great pain, as beads of sweat form on his head... **
(1227) Raevanain: ((CAT FIGHT!))
(1229) DM: (Morti, wait.)
(1203) Kyla: Attack: [1d20+2] -> [14,2] = (16)
(1225) Trayn : ((cept Drenla is actually a man despite the feminine sound of it))
(1229) DM: (hit)
(1203) Kyla: ((is she flat footed?))
(1229) DM: ((yes))
(1209) Morti: (Didn't get it as a surprise shot? too bad)
(1225) Trayn : ((oh Kyla ... my error))
(1203) Kyla: Damage: [1d3+2d6] -> [1,3,3] = (7)
(1229) Nastisha: YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT, WENCH!
(1227) Raevanain: ((oh the claws are out now))
** (1229) Drenla mouths "I'm sorry" **
(1203) Kyla: "You've done enough damage, adn will be brogut to jsutice"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: ((ROFL))
(1203) Kyla: ((lol))
(1227) Raevanain: ((nastisha pulls kylas hair))
(1203) Kyla: ((that's subdual damage, not real))
** (1229) Drenla still winces with great pain as Nastisha seizes him and uses him as a shield **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [18,5] = (23)
(1229) Nastisha: You WILL cease this instant, or your precious mage will die.
(1227) Raevanain: ((Do i get my attack or what?))
(1209) Morti: :a growl in his throat: "Leave him alone!"
(1229) DM: (18, Trayn)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I guess I get there soon?
(1227) Raevanain: ((isnt he 2 rounds away))
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, 1 round
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(1229) DM: (apparently he followed you.)
(1227) Raevanain: ((oh ok))
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 6 will be my initiative
(1229) DM: (Alfred, that roll doesn't count. now relax.)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): ok
(1229) DM: (all right, skipping Trayn as David is nonresponsive. 11, Rae)
** (1227) Raevanain runs past drenla and attacks Nastisha with his sword **
(1225) Trayn : (i thought i was 2 rounds away)
(1227) Raevanain: Longsword Attack Roll: [1d20+6] -> [8,6] = (14)===> DMG: [1d8+3] -> [3,3] = (6)
(1225) Trayn : ((and in my armor that might be 3 rounds))
(1229) DM: ((I thought so too. please do me a favor and don't roll init until you get there because you have no way of knowing what's going on and this is taking advantage of a situation.))
(1229) DM: ((18 does not count then.))
(1229) DM: (14 misses, roll d20 to see if you hit Drenla instead)
(1227) Raevanain: hahaha
(1227) Raevanain: [1d20] -> [14] = (14)
(1229) DM: (you hit Drenla. 11 or more hits Drenla.)
(1227) Raevanain: ((hahahaha))
(1229) DM: Damage disrupts Drenla's spell which he was holding and the mage coughs blood, smiling in relief despite the pain.
(1229) DM: (7, Morti)
** (1209) Morti moves in around the side and finds a clear shot, and fires off his color spray... finally, at both mages, crying out if works, "Quick, get her away from Master Drenla!" **
(1209) Morti: (Hopefully she'll be stunned for a round at least, and if someone grapples Drenla to keep him quiet, we just need to deal with her)
(1229) DM: Both are stunned.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] -> [1] = (1)
(1229) DM: (19, Kyla)
** (1203) Kyla moves into a flanking position, and uses her sap on Natisha **
(1203) Kyla: ((can you coup a stunned person?))
(1229) DM: ((I'll rule yes.))
(1209) Morti: (uh... no)
(1209) Morti: (nm, I never said that)
(1203) Kyla: Damage: [2d6+2d6] -> [2,6,3,5] = (16)
(1203) Kyla: ((subdual damage))
(1229) DM: ((unless you can persuade me with a logical argument why that would be a no. and please keep in mind that this applies to PCs too.))
(1209) Morti: (nothing...)
(1229) DM: ((it's ok. just e-mail me directly afterwards.))
(1229) DM: ((done.))
(1209) Morti: (hai hai)
(1229) DM: She's unconscious.
** (1227) Raevanain sheaths my sword pulls out a dagger and kneels next to the mage **
(1229) DM: As she falls unconscious, Drenla blacks out.
(1209) Morti: "Quick, tie her up and gag her."
(1229) DM: Rainur and the rest arrive soon enough.
(1227) Raevanain: "no, kill her"
** (1209) Morti quickly moves to check on Drenla's condition. **
** (1203) Kyla binds her securely with the wire used on the door to prevent trouble till her fate is decided. **
whispering to Morti, he's breathing, barely.
(1225) Trayn : "no... she should be brought to justice... we aren't killers"
(1203) Kyla: "I have no problem with hkilling, it's jsut only when necessary,, and we may need information this person has before we do so."
(1227) Raevanain: "we know your not from your actions before, but I on the other hand"
** (1225) Trayn states this after he gets here and hears this talk **
(1199) Evarian: "I thought that until she was killed that drenla couldn't be free..."
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): nastisha is human right?
(1209) Morti: :shakking him lightly: "Master Drenla.. are you alright? PLease speak to me... Miss Asiana isn't going to be very happy if we come back without you"
(1203) Kyla: "How's drenla doing now that Nashishta is unconsious?"
** (1227) Raevanain puts the dagger at Nastishas throat **
whispering to Raevanain, yes...she APPEARS human
(1225) Trayn : "you shall not do that...." to Raevanain... "she poses little danger"
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): i dont like the way you said that
(1209) Morti: "I don't know... I'm not really a healer"
** (1229) Drenla opens his eyes and smiles weakly at Morti. **
whispering to Raevanain, lol
(1225) Trayn : "you dont have to kill her..."
(1227) Raevanain: "I shall not? according to whom?"
(1203) Kyla: "Is that Drenla, or is he still under controll?
** (1209) Morti gring down at his mentor. "Master? Are going to be alright?" **
(1229) Drenla: I am he. (slowly)
(1199) Evarian: "if you believe the scion she must die before drenla can be freed..."
(1209) Morti: *grins even
(1227) Raevanain: "morti make sure thats the real drenla, use a spell if you must"
(1225) Trayn : "according to the laws of goodness"
(1229) Drenla: (shakes his head at Morti) I am not your master. Never was. And I will not be all right. (slowly)
(1209) Morti: :to Raev: "I don't have a spell like that"
(1227) Raevanain: "whos laws? according to nastishas laws I can kill her"
(1227) Raevanain: "then how do you know its the real drenla
(1209) Morti: :turning back to Drenla: "Mas... Magus... are you still influenced by the collar?"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Do ye not seek redemption Drenla?
(1225) Trayn : "and she makes the laws in your world?"
(1225) Trayn : "I think not"
(1229) Drenla: That's better, Morti. And I am ready to pay the price to take it off. I...
(1227) Raevanain: "in my world my lady makes the laws, and for one such as this, im sure my lady wouldnt mind"
(1209) Morti: "But... if you tamper with it, it will kill you"
(1227) Raevanain: "he can remove it any time he wants morti, remember the words of the scion"
** (1229) Drenla ignores Rainur and reaches up to the collar, seizing hold of it. **
(1203) Kyla: "If it can't controll him with Nashista unconsious, can it still harm him to remove it with her unconsious?"
** (1209) Morti grabs Drenla's hand over the collar, stopping him **
(1209) Morti: "Stop! What will that solve?"
(1229) Drenla: (turning to face Rainur) You were always right, Rainur. I'm sorry to have doubted you. F-f-f-forgive me, m-m-my f-f-f-friend...
(1209) Morti: :holding Drenla's hand, keeping him from removing the collar best he can:
** (1229) Drenla glances down at Morti. "N-n-nothing, and e-e-everyth-th-thing...." **
(1227) Raevanain: "morti stop it, drenla must make his own choices"
** (1229) Drenla opens the collar. **
(1203) Kyla: "Why can't it be disarmed jsut like any other trap?"
(1229) Drenla: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
(1209) Morti: :tears in his eyes, he yells: "Fool! you can't make up for anything if you're dead!!"
(1227) Raevanain: "sometimes death is the only way to make up for mistakes"
** (1229) Drenla collapses and disintegrates in a flash of green light, as horrific unearthly deep voiced laughter is heard from the collar, as it too disintegrates. **
(1209) Morti: (I can't even stop a half dead guy from physically doing something... ::shakes head pitifully:: )
(1225) Trayn (whispering): stunning makes a person lose their action, drop what they have in their hand and lose their dex
(1199) Evarian: [1d12] -> [12] = (12)
(1209) Morti: "NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
(1199) Evarian: (oops)
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade turns with rage to the mage bound on the floor **
(1199) Evarian: (ignore that)
(1225) Trayn (whispering): which is pretty close to helpless which is what coup de grace needs to work
whispering to Trayn , all right. and that means a person can't exactly act in a rational manner if he were attacked.
(1203) Kyla: "NO Morti."
(1227) Raevanain: "now i think no one will object to my finishing this?"
** (1209) Morti 's hands hold tght to the collar even as Drenla vanishes from it. "NO!" sobbing he collapses forward. "What does that solve!?" **
(1225) Trayn : "fret not Morti.. in the end he chose freedom"
(1225) Trayn : "he is free" he repeats himself
** (1227) Raevanain chuckles **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "I would have loved to see her dead...she deserves to die. The penalty for slavery where
(1209) Morti: :feral anger on his face, he looks up to Trayn: "That's a lie! He was wrong! Killing yourself doesn't make up for your mistakes, it just leaves them behind! It's the coward's way! You have to keep living... you have to try..."
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: I am from is death."
(1227) Raevanain: "be quiet child, drenla made his choice, let him deal with it, now back to the witch, what are we doing with her"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: She should die by my hands or morti's
** (1209) Morti kneels on the floor, sobbing lightlt as he grips the ashes of his mentor in his hands **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: If she lives, she will do more evil. I say she dies.
(1227) Raevanain: "your hands maybe rainur, but morti is still a child, killing someone in cold blood isnt in him, or shouldnt if he wants to be different then drenla"
(1225) Trayn : "in some cases not... in any event Drenla made his decision"
(1203) Kyla: "Her fate is none of my business. I simply wanted to keep her alive till the heat of battle was over. you may do with her what you as a group decide."
(1229) DM: Nastisha's face and appearance change...to that of a black-skinned elf with grayish-white hair and vaguely human-like ears.
(1227) Raevanain: "i say she dies"
** (1227) Raevanain stands up and moves away waiting for rainur to kill her **

(1225) Trayn : "I say she lives to see justice... legal justice"
(1209) Morti: "No!" :looks up to Rainur: "Killing her would have only served to Free Drenla. It's too late for that. But we shouldn't have to be killers. WE can take her back to Tolmara with us, as a hostage"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): drow?
(1227) Raevanain: "now she really dies"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yup
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, half-drow that is
** (1227) Raevanain puts the dagger away and draws his sword **
** (1199) Evarian looks at Nastisha sharply with an intake of his breath **
** (1209) Morti looks surprised to Nastisha **
(1225) Trayn : "which in most cases will mean her death... if so decided"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am forbidden to take the life of an elvenkind, unless directly attacked"
(1229) DM: (still unconscious. spell required concentration to maintain which no longer applies in this case, at any rate.)
** (1227) Raevanain aims the sword over her neck to sever her head **
** (1227) Raevanain brings to sword down trying to chop off her head **
** (1209) Morti pushes away Raeve's blade. "Stop" **
(1227) Raevanain: ((ok what surprise is gonna blow me up?))
** (1199) Evarian watches grimly **
(1229) DM: ((hah))
(1227) Raevanain: ((carm on tell me i got her in time))
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, she is a half drow.
** (1209) Morti stands between Raev and the dark elf. "And we no longer have a reason for her to die" **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): did i kill her or did he stop me in time?
** (1203) Kyla smiles at Morti's action **
(1199) Evarian: "Maybe you dont...."
(1229) DM: ((well, you can if you want to...but do you really want to?))
** (1227) Raevanain points my sword at morti "move or you join your master" **
(1209) Morti: :glares at Raev: "You'd kill me too? For what? Are you no better than her?"
(1229) DM: ((an init roll would be required to resolve, in any event.))
(1227) Raevanain: "if you dont move i will be forced to move you, make your choice"
(1199) Evarian: "Why do you want her alive"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let's go...and find this mage"
(1225) Trayn (whispering): hmmm stunned and helpless are similar but not the same
(1225) Trayn (whispering): stunned is +2 to hit and loss of dex
** (1209) Morti ignores Raev and kneels down over Nastisha. he rips a strip from her dress and quickly gags her from speaking enchantments and then pats her down for hidden componenets **
(1225) Trayn (whispering): and helpless is +5 to hit, loss of dex and the coup is available
** (1227) Raevanain sighs drops his shield and sheaths his sword pulls his bow off his shoulder and slowly draws an arrow **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): what are my chances of htiting her with a killing arrow and not hitting morti?
(1209) Morti: :To Evarian: "If you need a reason, Information. She obviously knows about us and probably the company of Dark as well."
(1199) Evarian: "And you think that she will answer us .."
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Perhaps not Morti and those words should not be spoken son"
(1199) Evarian (whispering): was it ilythiiri that was the name for drow ?
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye must know when to talk about these things. I agree that she must die, but it cannot be at my hand"
(1209) Morti: "Probably not. But if we bring her back to the mainland, Falconedge and his men can hold her and the magister might have better luck loosening her tongue."
whispering to Evarian, yes. but in a half-drow's case, it means "TU'ILYTHI'IRI."
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "She is a pawn... we need to go after the real big fish"
(1199) Evarian (whispering): k just checking :)
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): ?
(1203) Kyla: "You can catch big fish useing little fish as bait...."
(1227) Raevanain: "its this simple, she will die"
(1209) Morti: :To Rainur: "We should check on Rhian first"
whispering to Raevanain, not sure. probably slim. heh
(1227) Raevanain: "you go check on rhian ill guard the mage"
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): even with weapon focus on me longbow?? bah!
(1209) Morti: "/me glares back at Raev
whispering to Raevanain, well, then perhaps not
whispering to Raevanain, 50/50
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Well that is a good idea, we need to see how rhian is doing.
(1225) Trayn : "yes... Rhian... we should check on her"
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): as well as within 30 feet so i got point blank shot to, not sure if that helps in this situation
(1199) Evarian: We ask here questions if you insist, but she will die .. and we cant risk waiting to take her to the mainland"
(1199) Evarian: ask her*
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): and +5 dex lol ive got a total of +10 on my bow
whispering to Raevanain, very well then. do what thou wilt. =)
(1203) Kyla: "I will guard the mage, Her future is not of a large concern to me eitehr way."
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): u tellin me i wont miss lol
(1225) Trayn : "I've made my opinion known... I shall look after Rhian now... and bring her here if she is able"
whispering to Raevanain, I dunno. =)
** (1227) Raevanain draws back his arrow "move morti, last chance" **
** (1225) Trayn thinks for a bit and then starts going downstairs **
(1209) Morti: "Better we all go. Rainur, can you carry Nastisha?"
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): roll a normal attack roll?
whispering to Morti, spell components, a wavy dagger, and a couple of adamantite brooches.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Well, justice will be done either way...
whispering to Morti, and leather armor, although poorly made.
whispering to Raevanain, yes
(1209) Morti: :looks over to Raev, eyes still brimming tears, he speaks, more weary than angered, "Please, let it go. Believe me, I know how much hatred you can have for one who's kept you prisoner. But for now... please... let it go."
** (1203) Kyla moves between Morti, and Rae. "I don't really care anymore if you kill the mage, but if you let fly in Morti's direction, I will have a problem with you." **
(1227) Raevanain: "I care not if you have a problem with me, if you care for him, move him, or I will fire through you as well"
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out manacles and places them on the hands of the half-drow. He then clocks her in the jaw so she will be unable to speak clearly if she wants to cast any spells **
** (1229) Nastisha awakens briefly and then slips back into unconsciousness. **
(1209) Morti: (think the gagging worked without jaw dislocation...)
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade swing her over his shoulder **
(1199) Evarian: "We cant risk this .. kill her and then lets go check on your friend"
** (1227) Raevanain slowly lowers the bow and replace the arrow, smiles at kyla and says something an an unknown language **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "let's go to see rhian with our new prize"
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade heads towards the prison cells **
** (1227) Raevanain picks up shield and says to evarian **
** (1209) Morti sighs and heads back to Nastisha tearing another strip of clothe to blind her eyes, then follows along after Rainu back down to meet a hopefully free Rhian **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "We will throw her in there for a while"
** (1199) Evarian follows out with a hard look at morti and kyla "we had better not regret this" **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): elven "humans, cant trust any of them, they know nothing"
whispering to Raevanain, ok
** (1199) Evarian just continues watching **
(1229) DM: You reach the cells.
(1199) Evarian: ::to rainur:: "you mean to just leave her somewhere ...."
** (1225) Trayn is in the jail cell treating Rhian and telling here what has transpired when you get there **
(1229) DM: Rhian is asleep.
(1203) Kyla: "She's unconsious, bound with wire, gagged, manacled, and watched over by several people. this is not a dangerous opponet, jsut a hinderance for now that may prove usefull, so immediate death is not a wise action for her."
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: All elves with the exception of shadow elves can be saved...I hope that she will see the light some day
(1209) Morti: : to evarian: "Shackled she won't be able to cast somatic spells, gagged she won't be able to speak enchantments, and blind folded she will be unable to aim anything, and I took her spell components, so she should be safe enough cargo as long as we watch her"
(1225) Trayn : "she is quite tired as you can see"
(1227) Raevanain: "they will never be saved"
** (1199) Evarian mutters as he walks away a bit "and dead she cant do anything ..." **
** (1209) Morti makes sure to pick up Moiraine along the way back down **
(1229) DM: (stopping in 30 minutes guys)
(1229) DM: (nice session btw. heheh)
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): can u inform me if the opportunity arises to kill the drow, ie they walk to close to me with her? or can u just auto assume i kill her lol
(1199) Evarian: (yeah been fun :D )
whispering to Raevanain, you need to roll. sorry. =)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: (Is Rhian there when we get to the cell?)
(1209) Morti: (plenty of Drama anyway)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: LOL
(1229) DM: (Yes, Alfred. Please pay attention. =))
(1229) DM: (j/k)
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): well where is she now? is anyone holding her? etc
(1229) DM: (scroll up, you'll see I said she was asleep.)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: ((drungs are really starting to kick in))
(1229) DM: ((I know.))
** (1209) Morti carries Moiraine on one shoulder, warning lightly, "By the way, watch out for her freaky little winged pet, it might come to free her" **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: (when she wakes up) Ahhh...my eternal thanks, my friends. I can sense the magicka holding me here gone.
(1227) Raevanain: ((umm is anyone carrying the drow?))
whispering to Morti, oh that. it was about to attack me, when it died.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: (yes me)
whispering to Morti, it turned into a puddle of flesh.
(1227) Raevanain: ((please say that next time lol i thought we left her behind))
(1203) Kyla: ((he did say it))
** (1209) Morti moves to the bars, smiling gleefully to her, "And you're going to resurrect Jer'ar, right?" **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: And who is this? A drow elf I see.
(1227) Raevanain: "do you need any healing m'lady"
(1209) Morti (whispering): is that from Moiraine?
whispering to Morti, yes
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "She killed Drenla"
(1209) Morti (whispering): yeesh... good timing
** (1229) Rhian Aes Sedai eyes narrow **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: I think more precisely, the Dark One slew Drenla for betraying him and redeeming himself.
** (1227) Raevanain walks over next to rainur **
** (1229) Rhian Aes Sedai rises and stretches. "It will be good to leave this place, and return to further the work of the Tower." **
(1209) Morti (whispering): btw... what happened to his staff?
whispering to Morti, it was destroyed
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Can we get her to the citadel and have her face judgement there?"
(1227) Raevanain: "I must ask a favour rhian""
(1225) Trayn : "We are glad you are free"
(1209) Morti (whispering): Drenla's staff you mean?
** (1209) Morti sours at the mention of Drenla's demise **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Perhaps. I believe the Amarylin Seat has co-jurisdiction over this particular case.
whispering to Morti, Drenla's staff is not here.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, she needs to be punished."
(1227) Raevanain: "would you be willing to grant a small favour to one who helped in your release"
(1209) Morti (whispering): as in it was taken from him or it was destroyed?
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Certainly, friend elf. I believe 'tis Raevanain?
whispering to Morti, you're unsure where it is
(1203) Kyla: "Then I'll take ehr there, and catch up with you as soon as I can."
** (1227) Raevanain bows head slightly "the drow must die, here. now." **
(1203) Kyla: ((player won't be able to make next session anyway))
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: If ye wish it, although these things oft return in ways unexpected.
** (1209) Morti glares back up at Raev again, "That isn't her decision to make" **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: ((PC will be in PC limbo then))
(1229) DM: oops
** (1227) Raevanain ignores the child "I will live with that consequence, just convince these fools of the truth of what dark elves are" **
(1203) Kyla: "If anyone has the right to make this decision, It's Morti. His mentor was...))
** (1225) Trayn shakes his head at Raevanain's bloodthirstyness **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "She must be judged and sentenced.."
(1227) Raevanain: "his mentor was a fool who condemned himself"
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Raevanain, I too wish her death, but there are certain things that must be attended to first.
(1203) Kyla: "I ahve no doubt she'll be executed for her crimes, I'd just like the blood o no be on our hands."
(1199) Evarian: "Morti said himself .. he took the cowards way out ..."
(1227) Raevanain: "we cannot wait"
(1209) Morti: "I don't care if she's the most evil thind to ever crawl this world. You aren't killing her, let it be."
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: His mentor was a misguided wizard who was seduced by the Dark One and paid the price for his redemption.
(1227) Raevanain: "the blood wont be on OUR hands, give her to me and ill take her someone else and deal with it"
(1227) Raevanain: ((somewhere else*))
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: I cannot let you do this Raevanain, but I swear to you by whatever you wish me to swear, that I will see that justice is served to this elf if that is what ye wish.
** (1209) Morti leans back against the bars, petting Moiraine calmingly. **
** (1227) Raevanain looks at rhian with hate in his eyes "justice has just been avoided, i thought the aes sedai were elf friends, obviously i was wrong" **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Her magick must be taken from her forever.
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Justice comes in many forms, Raevanain. Ye must not let your hate cloud your better judgment.
(1225) Trayn : "i would support that"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: In this way she will harm no one ever again
** (1199) Evarian shakes his head **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Now then, there are certain things that must be done before we can proceed. I cannot thank ye enough for what ye have done here this day, and my first act to repay ye will be your friend's ressurection.
(1209) Morti: "The Citadel should be able to bind her magick."
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): is rhian a human?
whispering to Raevanain, of course
** (1227) Raevanain spits on the floor in front of Rhian "humans" and steps back next to evarian **
** (1209) Morti looks hopefully up to Rhian, "Jer'ar?" **
(1225) Trayn : "that is rude"
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: If ye have an item of his that I may have, this will be easy, although tiring. If not, this will be more difficult.
(1227) Raevanain: to trayn "i got it from dealing with your kind"
(1209) Morti: "Uh.... you didn't tell us to bring an item....he went...*poof* and vanished"
** (1229) Rhian Aes Sedai sighs. **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: how about an item he has held?
(1203) Kyla: "whaat about a fragment from the staff he broke?"
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Certainly!
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade offers his water sack **
(1209) Morti: "Staff vanished too"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: skin
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "We have shared many a drink together
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: The weaving of this talent will take a day and a night, so it cannot be done immediately. And I will be tired for a long while after.
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: In the meantime, awake the tu'rilthyiiri.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Now ilthid...awake!
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): is mortis cat a familiar or just a pet
(1209) Morti: "The turi-what?"
(1199) Evarian: "half drow"
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: (to Raevanain) Since I cannot dissuade ye from your judgment, we must decide this here and now.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: rubs some stuff under her nose that is quite strong fromhis healing kit
whispering to Raevanain, a familiar
(1209) Morti: : to Evarian: "Oh..."
(1227) Raevanain: "you have made your choice, it cannot be reversed now, live with it"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: To live as a half drow with out any powers among human kind....sounds pretty good to me
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Remove her gag so she may speak. If she casts something, ye may do what you will with her.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur removes the gag
** (1227) Raevanain speaks to evarian **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): "humans always understimate the powers of drow"
(1209) Morti: "leave her Blindfolded and someonehold her hands down"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Her hand are bound
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: I do this more for you than for me, young prince. Your hatred blinds you as much as Drenla's lust for power blinded him. Be on your guard that the Dark does not overtake you as well, for the Dark looks within you as you glance into it.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: she has thumb screws on as well.
(1209) Morti: "But her fingers are free to gesture. With Magicka, a word and agesture are sometimes enough"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: no they are bound as well
(1209) Morti: (oh... ok then)
(1227) Raevanain: "you do nothing for me, same as all of your kind"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: these are MW manacles...she will not get out of them or be able to cast any spells
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Remember, Morti, my mother is a shaman, I know many of their tricks" smiles
** (1209) Morti nods to Rainur and moves to hover near the bound woman waiting for her to stir" **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: As representative of the Amarylin Seat of the White Tower at Nith'Tar Valon, and as a Sister of the White Ajah, I, Rhian Aes Sedai, command ye, the mage known as Nastisha to speak truthfully and without fail. Speak, answer and be heard. Answer the questions of these individuals, for you have no Fate but the Fate you are given. We sit in judgment over you, and this is your trial.
** (1229) Maevan'arys sneers and spits at Rhian. **
(1229) Maevan'arys: Dos phuul iblithen. Usstan can still speak! (smiles triumphantly)
** (1209) Morti glances a bit unsurely to Rhian befoer refocusing on Nastisha **
** (1203) Kyla slaps he bound drow **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): what she say?
(1229) Maevan'arys: Usst name zhah naut natha rivvil name.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, You are fools. I can still speak!
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, My name is naut a human name.
** (1229) Maevan'arys grimaces. **
(1209) Morti: "EH? Rainur, I think you hit her too hard, she'd babbling all funny like"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: We are not fools, and we are allowing you to speak"
** (1229) Maevan'arys looks a bit shocked. **
(1229) Maevan'arys: Lil rivvil knows jal. (chuckles, spitting out blood)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Speak incorrectly and you will die
(1203) Kyla: "you will show respect, or your trial will be ove, and you will be given to the ones who wanted to simply kill you."
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, The human knows all.
** (1199) Evarian plays with then hilt of his sword **
(1199) Evarian: the*
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: You will speak in the language of humans, or you will suffer the Fate you have made.
** (1227) Raevanain is leaning against the wall not facing the drow sharpening his dagger **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: I know that there are several here who would have already have your head
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: had
(1229) Maevan'arys: Very well, although my tongue rails against the foul language of the surface world. (spits)
(1229) Maevan'arys: Ask your questions, naut that I shall answer. (sneers)
** (1203) Kyla slaps her again "No more spitting, bitch." **
(1229) Maevan'arys: Then you are a fool and a soft human for allowing me to live!
(1209) Morti: "Who are you really? And what do you and Vladizier have to do with the Dark One?"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): is she pretty stan?
(1229) Maevan'arys: My name is Maevan'arys, of House Tatho'thaun, of the City of Erelhei-cinlu, Seventh House. And my death will naut change that. (sneers)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, lol
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no, actually not.
(1229) Maevan'arys: Vladizier was a human who I manipulated into doing the bidding of my Master, may he reign triumphant eternal! And He soon will. (sneers)
(1209) Morti: :groaning: "Where is Vladizier now?'
(1229) Maevan'arys: You killed him, when his staff was broken. Quite an impressive display, I might add. His entrails now decorate his study.
(1229) Maevan'arys: (cackles, and coughs, spitting more blood)
** (1209) Morti gapes a bit at the mention of the death, but quickly recomposes, "Why did you capture Rhian? What were you trying to gain?" **
(1229) Maevan'arys: (notes Morti's reaction)
(1209) Morti: (she IS still blindfolded mind you)
(1229) Maevan'arys: Information, of course. That witch never really told us what we wanted to know. It seems we underestimated her skills and power at manipulating you.
** (1203) Kyla shispers to the drow "after your death, I will use you to fertilize flowers in a park somewhere sunny, and nice for human children to play around, and on for the rest of eternity. I'm sure that will go over nicely where you're going." **
(1229) Maevan'arys: That's why you're here, right? To free her? She manipulated you as well as I did Vladizier. So, we are even. (sneers and cackles)
(1209) Morti: "Information about what? What did she know that you needed?"
(1229) Maevan'arys: It matters not. My mistress even now will join the others in search of a Sword of Power, and then we will be unstoppable. (sneers)
(1199) Evarian: "You make it sound like you think you will be alive for it..."
(1209) Morti: :cocking his head: "Who is your Mistress? You mentioned her before"
(1225) Trayn : "what do you know about the Swords of Power..."
(1229) Maevan'arys: Why, the prophecy of Andurin'ith-en of course. You are the Company of Freeswords Eternal, nau? Your coming was foretold. And here you are. Although prophecy is really a convenient way to get what you want people to do for you. (sneers)
(1229) Maevan'arys: If you make it sound important and dire enough, why even the smallest halfling and the shortest of dwarves will tumble head over heels for you. (cackles insanely)
(1225) Trayn : "hmmm so very disheartening to see someone like you"
(1225) Trayn : "obviously it pleases you greatly... how very sad"
(1229) Maevan'arys: My mistress? Surely you have naut forgotten your mother? (cackles)
(1209) Morti: :cocks his head for a moment and cringes, hissing out the name, "Almeena...."
(1229) Maevan'arys: I know that a Sword resides somewhere within Kern, but where, we know naut. And that fool human lost ours and was not even successful.
(1229) Maevan'arys: (notes Morti's reaction)
(1229) Maevan'arys: As for you, what are you doing here with these scum? (to Raevanain and Evarian)
(1209) Morti: "You serve Almeena and you think they work with scum?"
(1229) Maevan'arys: Do you not cringe at being surrounded by their imperfect language and their ungraceful skills? Does it not bother you to see yourself in the company of insects?
(1227) Raevanain: "it does, they are almost as bad as you, especially now that they wont let me have your head" keeps sharpening the dagger
(1203) Kyla: "This ungracefull insect brought you down...."
(1229) DM: ((she meant, what are Rae and Ev doing with you? meaning you're scum.))
(1225) Trayn : ((first time
(1209) Morti: (I understand that perfectly)
** (1199) Evarian just smiles vicously at the drow **
(1225) Trayn : ((first time Trayn has been called scum))
(1229) Maevan'arys: Then why don't you just kill them?
whispering to Raevanain, will save
whispering to Evarian, will save
(1199) Evarian: Will Save: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
(1227) Raevanain: Will save: [1d20+7] -> [6,7] = (13)
(1209) Morti: (spellcraft to listen to her words for an enchantment
(1209) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28)
whispering to Raevanain, you feel the uncontrollable compulsion to kill Kyla
(1209) Morti: (damn... why do I type so slow?)
whispering to Morti, command
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): just how uncontrolable
whispering to Raevanain, pretty uncontrollable
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): as in i must? kik
whispering to Raevanain, well, you can do what you have to
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Rhian, I think we are done here
** (1229) Rhian Aes Sedai eyes blink open. "STOP!" **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): wait that doesnt make sense lol
** (1227) Raevanain looks at kyla **
(1209) Morti: "Damn" :Me quickly slaps her across the face,(coup I'm guessing though too lat to stop her)
whispering to Raevanain, you can do what you have to do. if you want to miss, miss. but you feel that you want to.
** (1227) Raevanain brandishes the dagger and slowly walks towards kyla **
** (1203) Kyla is paying attention to the drow, not Rae.... **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: This is forbidden! Ye will cease your weaving this instant! (slaps Maevan'arys hard against her face)
(1209) Morti: (double Slap!!)
** (1199) Evarian is still smiling at the drow **
** (1229) Rhian Aes Sedai raises her hand as it glows white hot all of a sudden and slowly brings it down with effort. **
** (1209) Morti reels back to the elsves, looking for signs of action **
** (1225) Trayn is defensive and then horrified **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): the spell still in effect?
** (1199) Evarian is smiling viciously at the drow and playing with the hilt of his sword. **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: You WILL continue answering their questions. If you persist, then by the judgment of the Tower, Raevanain and Evarian will kill you.
(1209) Morti: (one color spray left in me, can I get it off before Rae attacks?)
whispering to Raevanain, no
(1225) Trayn : "wait no... ah this is terrible"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur wiill grab the bitch and clock her
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): do i know i was under the unfluence of a spell?
whispering to Raevanain, yes, now you do
** (1227) Raevanain stops and cocks his head to the side **
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): how close are the others to the tied up drow?
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+4] -> [13,4] = (17)
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: In fact, after they are done with you, your sentence will be passed.
** (1243) Rainur Swiftblade clocks her **
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Rainur, that was unnecessary.
whispering to Raevanain, you got your answer
(1209) Morti: "She deserved it though"
(1227) Raevanain (whispering): if i throw my dagger at her is it possible to hit the others by accident? and damn looks that way
whispering to Raevanain, heheh
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Do you have further questions?
** (1227) Raevanain goes back to sharpening the dagger **
(1209) Morti: :Once more to the drow: "Let's continue... What is Almeena planning? Is she among the Company of Dark?"
** (1227) Raevanain looks at kyla "you nearly died, do you still think the drow is not dangerous" **
(1203) Kyla: "Yes, just one"
(1229) Maevan'arys: If you kill me, slave, you will never discover where your family is. NEVER. Never is a long time to you humans.
(1227) Raevanain: "about 40 years"
(1229) Maevan'arys: (to Morti)
(1203) Kyla: "Huh, oh, yea, perfectly harmless now."
** (1199) Evarian glances at raevanain and then goes back to looking at the drow .. now without a smile and just determination on his face. **
(1209) Morti: :cringes: "What would you know of them?"
(1229) Maevan'arys: You may be a mage, and you may have a familiar, but you are still a slave and will always remain one in my eyes. (sneers)
(1225) Trayn : "do you know which Sword it is that resides in Kern?"
(1229) Maevan'arys: I know where they are. (smiles sweetly)
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: should i get a nother fist ready for her?
** (1227) Raevanain looks at the drow "and you are no different then a slave in the eyes of your god, a servant, a pawn, an expendable peice" **
** (1209) Morti peers at her suspiciously, "You lie." **
(1229) Maevan'arys: The Sword of Stealth. What can one do against a sword that disguises you to appear as a friend or a loved one? (sneers)
(1229) Maevan'arys: Would you care to find out? Kill me and be done with it. I grow tired of this questioning.
(1203) Kyla: "all I want to know from the drow is weathe she's got any reason we should let her live, and not simply hand her over to the elves here."
** (1227) Raevanain leans back against the wall still sharpening the dagger **
(1229) Maevan'arys: Almeena is part of the Company of Dark, xas.
(1209) Morti (whispering): taking 10 on spellcraft as she speaks, to listen for enchantments, 21 DC
(1229) Maevan'arys: The Circlet of Treachery I believe she is known as.
** (1199) Evarian is standing and watching the conversation **
whispering to Morti, none atm
** (1229) Maevan'arys opens her mouth to speak, and a tooth falls out, dropping on the ground. **
** (1209) Morti gives a snort. "And what of the rest of the Company, do you know them?" **
** (1229) Maevan'arys clams shut, wincing in pain. **
(1229) Maevan'arys: I shall not answer your questions, slave.
(1227) Raevanain: "you will answer mine if i choose to ask them, have no doubt" keeps sharpening the dagger
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Do you have more questions?
(1209) Morti: "You serve a woman who may only be a clone of a lich, you don't get to call me slave. just answer"
(1203) Kyla: "Slave.... Great idea, she can be stripped of power, and become a slave. Thanks for decideing on such an approiate punishment."
(1225) Trayn : "i have none other"
(1199) Evarian: "There is already a punishment waiting for her ... "
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: And you, Raevanain?
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Neither do I, but I would like to take out a few more teeth'
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: she looks better that way
(1227) Raevanain: "what were your plans for us" indicates me and evarian
(1229) Maevan'arys: (with disdain) To sacrifice you to my Master, of course.
(1229) Maevan'arys: But your hearts are unworthy, so we let you rot.
(1227) Raevanain: "you failed him then....do you fear to join him now after you have failed him"
(1229) Maevan'arys: Nau. (glances at the floor when she speaks this)
(1229) DM: (a beat)
(1227) Raevanain: "because your going to"
(1229) Maevan'arys: Vladizier wanted to experiment on you by turning you into Trollocs. I told him it was impossible, that elves have never been successfully experimented on!
** (1227) Raevanain slowly starts walking towards the drow knife in hand **
** (1203) Kyla gets out of the way **
** (1199) Evarian crosses his arms and watches with a cold look on his face **
** (1229) Rhian Aes Sedai winces at hearing this. **
(1225) Trayn (whispering): time to wrap this up in 5 mins or so
(1225) Trayn : "what is a Trolloc?"
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: Is this enough to convict this woman Rhian Aes Sedai?
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: If you have no other questions, then by the judgment of the Tower, I pronounce you guilty. May you find whatever peace waits for you in the Beyond.
(1209) Morti: :even Morti glares hatefully at her with the prospect of such "experimentation":
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Raevanain, Evarian, do what thou wilt.
** (1209) Morti breathes out raggedly, taking a moment to think. "Drenla's staff... what has become of it?" **
** (1225) Trayn directs this to anyone that can answer **
** (1227) Raevanain slowly walks up to the drow and casually puts his dagger at her neck **
(1203) Kyla: "I'd like a minute to leave the aira first, but otherwise have no objection to the drow's fate.
(1227) Raevanain: "leave then"
** (1203) Kyla leaves **
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: I believe it is an abomination
(1199) Evarian (whispering): can i just say those thing in the door ?
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Trayn, a Trolloc is a human that has been bred with a ravenous creature such as a goat, a bear or a lion, to become a mindless killing machine that seeks to serve the Dark One. Trollocs have three goals in life: to mate, to eat and to kill. Preferably to kill as often as possible.
** (1209) Morti reaches out thold Raev's wrist a moment at least **
(1199) Evarian (whispering): even easier :P
** (1229) Maevan'arys ignores Morti **
(1227) Raevanain: "i wouldnt if i was you morti, ask what you will but be quick"
** (1225) Trayn is unsure he wanted that explaination after all **
** (1199) Evarian moves over with Raevanain **
(1209) Morti: "Why do quiet now after speak at such length?"
(1209) Morti: *go rather
** (1229) Maevan'arys bites down hard as Raevanain comes closer. **
(1225) Trayn : "Rhian you have the legal right to prounouce her fate as such?"
(1263) Raevanain (enter): 04:29
** (1199) Evarian pauses "Rhian Sedai ... can you make sure that there is no way for this drow to be ressurected or return ..." **
(1225) Trayn : "her as in... this drow"
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: I am a Sister of the Tower. I act on behalf of the Tower. Ask your god whether I have the right to pass judgment on a servant of Shai'tan.
(1229) Rhian Aes Sedai: Certainly, friend elf.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1263) Raevanain...
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do it!"
(1229) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1227) Raevanain' from room...
(1227) Raevanain (exit): 04:30
(1199) Evarian: "Thank you"
** (1229) Maevan'arys smiles insanely and breathes out, falling to the floor, exhaling on Raevanain as she chokes to death. (Rae, Fort, -1) **
** (1263) Raevanain draws his dagger across the dark elves throat turning away in one fluid motion **
(1263) Raevanain: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
(1263) Raevanain: oh buggar
(1199) Evarian: ouch
(1263) Raevanain: that fully cant be good
(1225) Trayn : ((oh that is so bad))
(1229) DM: If you have Karma, I suggest you roll now. Otherwise, you choke to death.
(1243) Rainur Swiftblade: ((LOL))
(1199) Evarian: ((tough choice there ....))
(1225) Trayn : ((she harvests his soul and takes over his body?))
(1229) DM: ((hah))
(1263) Raevanain: ((i guess i dont have much choice there do i))
(1199) Evarian: ((sure you do .. you can die or try again ... ))
(1263) Raevanain: ((thats not really a choice lol))
(1225) Trayn : ((man how bad is her flossing her breath is that bad?))
(1229) DM: (yes it is. heheh)
(1209) Morti: (not really the time to be stingy with the karma points)
(1229) DM: (he has 5 I believe)
(1199) Evarian: ((i had 5 .. not sure about nate))
(1229) DM: (haven't used them)
(1263) Raevanain: ((not yet havent, looks like im going to now, sigh))
(1229) DM: (so he has 5 rerolls...unless he's used some. I haven't kept track)
(1225) Trayn : ((probably the same if you are from the same social class))
(1199) Evarian: nah he hasnt used any yet.
(1209) Morti: (nope
(1263) Raevanain: ((ok here it goes, sigh))
(1263) Raevanain: Fortitude save: [1d20+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
(1263) Raevanain: ((sigh))
(1229) DM: (better)
(1199) Evarian: ((good enough though ?))
(1229) DM: She's dead as soon as you slice her against the throat.
(1225) Trayn : ((dm shouldnt tell you))
(1229) DM: (he's still alive, right? all he needed was a 10)
(1225) Trayn : ((he said he wouldnt tell!))
(1209) Morti: you're asking us?
(1229) DM: ((hah))
(1229) DM: (see the Dune movie if you're curious what happened.)
** (1263) Raevanain goes into a corner kneels down, grasping something under his shirt starts speaking in that weird language **
(1225) Trayn : "what was that... something strange.."
(1203) Kyla: ((that means the tooth that fell was th clue something was up people....))
(1229) DM: (if you need to leave, leave. however EXCEPT for Rainur, everyone is 1/3 of the way to 5th. Rainur is 1/5 of the way to the next level.)
(1263) Raevanain (whispering): im praying to my goddess for forgiveness and hope im doing the right thing
** (1209) Morti stares shocked at the scene, having been holding Raev's wrist lightly still, Morti's own hand is covered in splatterings of blood which he stares out horrified for a moment before rubbing it off on the mattress **
whispering to Raevanain, ok


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms