Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
5 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
LobbyMessage.html

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(1069) Evarian: last touches gettin added now
(1068) DM: Do we need a recap or are we all set?
(1056) Morti: I'm good
(1068) DM: We're starting where we left off, after Drenla leaves the party.
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "That good for nothing traitor!"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "The Magister will not be pleased"
** (1056) Morti seems to tremble a bit as he stares to the crack where the centipede scurried out. "W...wh...wuh? HUh?....wh.... why...? **
(1059) Trayn : "I've never trusted Drenla..."
(1059) Trayn : "his behavior is not a shock.. his devotion is to magic alone"
(1056) Morti: :looking back and forth between Rainur, Trayn and the crack, stutters out: "N-no! He-h-he wouldn't!"
(1056) Morti: :breathing seems to quicken nervously:
(1068) DM: You can hear a bell chiming faintly in the distance.
(1059) Trayn : "an alarm?"
(1059) Trayn : "lets be prepared for danger to find us"
(1068) DM: It seems to be a rather steady pace for an alarm.
(1059) Trayn : "or" after listening to it for a bit longer
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well let us find this bastard mage and skin him like a fish"
(1059) Trayn : "or maybe not"
(1059) Trayn : "do we want to find the source of the bell?"
(1056) Morti: (spellcraft to determine if the alarm is magical)
whispering to Morti, roll
(1056) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23)
whispering to Morti, you don't think so
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "We must reach him before he has time to plan his attack!"
** (1056) Morti looks for the source of the chiming, not feeling up to a debat at the moment **
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "However. I feel weakened after that thing has touched me"
(1056) Morti: :To Rainur: "H-how w-weak?"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "There is a door at the end of this room, let us continue our search for this evil being!"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "I cannot explain it Morti, but I am not the same"
(1059) Trayn : "yes"
** (1056) Morti nods to Rainur, and tries to get his own breathing back in check **
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "This may sound odd, but I feel as though that thing took some of my life away"
(1068) DM: ((Raevanian's equipment was within the wight room as well, fyi))
(1068) DM: (you've already checked the west door)
(1056) Morti: :dragging in a quick breath: "I-I be-believe some und-dead c-can d-do th-that..."
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Yes, I have heard these stories but believed them to be mere tales, now I see it may be truth"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn, it is your call here. I deffer to you since I am not myself"
(1056) Morti: (arcana check to see if Morti knows the extent of the life drain)
(1059) Trayn : "hmmm you've lost a bit of your soul"
(1056) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [3,10] = (13)
(1059) Trayn : Skills: Knowledge (Religion) [1d20+5+1] -> [11,5,1] = (17)
(1059) Trayn : "such dire creatures come from such a place of darkness... they harm the living with just their touch"
** (1056) Morti continues to stare back to the Drenla's exit, obviously upset since then **
whispering to Morti, no
** (1059) Trayn examines Rainur **
(1059) Trayn : "sadly... I'm not of a level of devotion to Solnor that I can do much of anything about it"
(1059) Trayn : "only rest can cure you"
** (1058) Rainur Swiftblade grunts at that revelation "Well lets go on then...Trayn, you lead" **
(1059) Trayn : (anyone significantly injured?) Trayn looks at the health of the party
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "just my ego"
(1056) Morti: :hearing that they're going, Morti straightens up, gripping his staff in both hands befor himself, ready to follow.... though he still seems to tremble:
(1059) Trayn : "lets go..."
whispering to Morti, Out of the corner of your eye, you see a tall, immensely beautiful, star elven woman, wreathed in an aura of shimmering green-white light, with a peaceful smile on her face. She says soothingly to you, "The peace of the Light be upon thee, Morifran. All will be revealed to thee in due time."
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: ::under his breath::"Tamuril, how I miss the breeze blowing through your hair and the smell of your sweet skin on a warm afternoon. I guess this is my fate"
whispering to Morti, She leans in and kisses you lightly on the cheek, then is gone.
** (1056) Morti 's trembling seems to ease a bit as he stares off to his side **
(1056) Morti (whispering): to late to try a disbelieve?
(1056) Morti: [1d8] -> [2] = (2)
(1059) Trayn : ((we are heading thru the door before us unless we have other direction))
(1056) Morti: (ignore that.... I always hit the buttons when I try to put the cursor back in the text line)
(1068) TaliesinNYC: 39: Beyond the door is a shaft which is open to the sky above. Rain continually falls through an opening in the roof of the shaft. A thin ledge, slick with rainwater and debris, runs around the perimeter of the shaft. You can spot a closed door on the far west side of the room. There is a door set into the southern wall, but no visible means of access to it from anywhere within the room. You can hear a bell chiming in the distance.
(1056) Morti (whispering): did she look at all familiar?
whispering to Morti, nope
** (1056) Morti turns back to the rest of you abou to say something, but hesitates, fidgeting rather unsurely **
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "What is it morti, speak up..."
(1056) Morti: :looks up to Rainur, then back to his side.: "Nothing..."
** (1059) Trayn awaits this discusion to conclude then enters **
(1073) Silverlocke (enter): 17:42
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "I see morti...give my regards to your friend"
(1056) Morti: :giving one more searching loook to the emptiness beside him, Morti follows after Trayn looking about the shaft room:
(1068) DM: The floor of the ledge is immensely slippery and slants slightly downward. (5 degree angle)
(1056) Morti (whispering): Checking in with Moiraine: "Are you okay?" left her back in the room before the exploding hallway:
(1059) Trayn : "negotiation this is best left to one more agile and less armored..."
whispering to Morti, mrr yes
(1073) Silverlocke (exit): 17:43
(1056) Morti: (Are there grooves or anything to cling to on the walls?)
(1059) Trayn : (negotiating)
(1068) DM: (nope)
** (1058) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out a climbing spike and hammers it into the floor then ties a rope to it **
(1056) Morti: (/me stares to the door across the gap curiously, "Think anything could be in there?"
** (1058) Rainur Swiftblade throws the loose end into the room **
(1056) Morti: (how far to the southern door?)
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Now ye all have a safety rope
(1068) DM: (12 feet to a THIN precipice.)
(1056) Morti (whispering): if I float with my boots could I pull myself along the wall to it?
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: Ye have 25 feet of silk rope. It is stong and good when wet
(1059) Trayn : "alright... hopefully I shall not suffer ill luck"
(1056) Morti: :still staring to the southern door: "Th-thanks R-Rainur"
whispering to Morti, probably
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: I can go first since I am a cliimber
** (1059) Trayn takes the rope and ventures forth **
(1069) Evarian (whispering): brb wont be long, sorry
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: I can tack a safety line to the west dooe
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: door
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "ok as you wish Trayn"
(1056) Morti: :after a moment of staring across the shaft, speaks up: "I think I can make it over there"
(1059) Trayn : "oh...."
(1059) Trayn : "well who shall go first... I am ill suited... but willing"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: How will ye get there Morti?
(1069) Evarian (whispering): ok back
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I will tack a line to the west door so that all can use it. Can I take 10?
(1056) Morti: :looks back to Rainur. GIves nervous titter and concentrates for a second before he floats up from the floor:
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I have climber's tools as well
(1056) Morti: "I can crawl along the wall. I can use the rope for a second?"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, if you wish
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye" ::hands morti the rope
** (1056) Morti ties the rope at his waist and then begins along the wall, using his dagger to dig into the stone, he tries to make it to the door **
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): guess not
(1056) Morti: (can I make it?)
whispering to Morti, Dex
(1056) Morti: Dex check: [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
(1056) Morti: (d'oh.... take ten please)
whispering to Morti, you fall into the shaft, stopped only by the rope
(1056) Morti (whispering): huh? Wouldn't my boots of levitation still work?
(1068) DM: Morti inches his way across the shaft, only to loose his footing, dropping into the shaft -- and saved by the rope (but barely)
whispering to Morti, you need to activate them
** (1058) Rainur Swiftblade reels him in **
(1056) Morti (whispering): I did. I started floating before I had the rope
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, perhaps you should try again or let me...I am a good climber"
whispering to Morti, I didn't see you explicitly state "I activate my boots"
(1076) Talia (enter): 17:58
(1059) Trayn : "Rainur should go"
(1056) Morti (whispering): sorry, didn't know I needed to use the exact words, I will from now on)
(1076) Talia (exit): 17:58
(1059) Trayn : "this is as dangerous as it looks"
whispering to Morti, you don't need to use the exact words, you need to let me know you're going to do that in some manner. I'm not going to assume you did.
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): gonna make a basic mountain hold against the wall...should make it easier for folks to make it to the west door
(1056) Morti: :climbing back up: "No, I can do this, just give me a sec." :I activate my boots and slowly try to pull along the wall; take ten)
(1068) DM: (thanks)
(1056) Morti (whispering): It's how Isaid I was going to do, sorry for assuming)
(1068) DM: Eventually he makes his way across the chamber, coming to rest on the precipice.
whispering to Morti, we can debate this or not, I didn't see an explicit statement, only a question.
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: Good job morti
(1059) Trayn : "hmm perhaps opening the door would be wise"
** (1056) Morti breathes a sigh of relief as he reaches the door, and stops to take some precaution( listen check on the door) Then, Lowering his levitation to eye level with the crack beneath the door, he loooks in for any sign of movement within(sopot) **
(1056) Morti: (spot even*)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [4,-1] = (3), [1d20-1] -> [13,-1] = (12)
(1059) Trayn : "it may be best for us not to be all bunched up upon this if danger exists"
whispering to Morti, nothing on Listen, feathers? on Spot
whispering to Morti, The door is open slightly (opens inward)
(1056) Morti (whispering): as in, I spot feathers under the door? what color? How large?
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): senses for evil
whispering to Morti, large. brown/white. And they're moving around.
(1056) Morti (whispering): like from a wind or on there own?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, through the door. blinding evil but not enough to knock you out. and an aura of evil in the keep throughout
whispering to Morti, their own
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti, there is great evil behind that door...I feel it!"
(1068) TaliesinNYC: The bell chimes steadily on, in the distance. Louder now.
(1078) Korok (enter): 18:05
** (1056) Morti blinks in confusion as he stares under the door then floats back up and turns to his comrades... "There's dancing feathers in there.." **
(1056) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [14,11] = (25)
(1078) Korok (exit): 18:05
(1056) Morti: (to determine feather effect)
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Evil birds?"
(1056) Morti: : making sure his mask is still firmly in place, he calls over to Rainur: "Ya thinnk the staff could be in there?"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Something really evil"
(1059) Trayn : "perhaps... or a spell effect"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: in there
whispering to Morti, they're natural
whispering to Morti, not magical
(1056) Morti (whispering): naturally dancing of their own will...?
whispering to Morti, they're moving about...
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Get your bow ready mellon!"
(1056) Morti (whispering): eh? Can I determine the way they're moving? as if by some invisble thing moving about them or the frozen in basically one place and jiggling or scurrying back and forth about the room?)
** (1069) Raevanain promptly ignores Rainur **
whispering to Morti, not without opening the door
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "I think that what is behind that door will fly Morti"
(1056) Morti: :to his comrades: "Shall I open it?"
(1059) Trayn : "lets return here as necessary"
(1059) Trayn : "for now... lets avoid this danger"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: What about this west door then?
(1056) Morti: "What if the staff is in there though?"
(1056) Morti: (mouth covered)
(1059) Trayn : "that is a curiousity to me... for who else but a flying creature or a mage could get to that door easily"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): mellon is friend in elven
whispering to Raevanain, "Mellon" is friend in star elven
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): which is why i ignored him
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, it should be "Mel'lon", accent on the second syllable
(1059) Trayn : "I say we investigate that if we can"
(1056) Morti: "A mage does live hear, and there might be flying creatures, birds maybe"
whispering to Raevanain, lol, "mel'lon"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: ::chuckles:: "no no morti, those are definately not common birds"
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): and sorry if u answered this for me before but can any ability score go over 19? i know u said we cant start with 19 but can we use our every 4th lvl free point to go over?
(1059) Trayn : "this walkway is porbably to feed and care for whatever avian animal resides beyond that door"
whispering to Raevanain, yes
(1056) Morti: "How would they open the door?"
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "There is blinding evil behind that door
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): ta
(1084) Kintalo (enter): 18:16
(1056) Morti: : to Rainur: "Well then aren't we suppose to stop it anyway?)
(1084) Kintalo (exit): 18:16
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): shit im about to throw up, brb
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "It is my beilief that this is a trap for us my friend
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: Check the west door morit
** (1056) Morti concedes with a weak nod. **
(1056) Morti: "Um..... could someone pull me back?" :Still floating on the other side of the shaft:
** (1058) Rainur Swiftblade reels him in fagain **
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: again
** (1056) Morti Deactivates the boots as he comes to land back on the wet stone "THanks" **
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): ok back, sorry about this
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): take ten Rainur begins his tack to the west door
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, ok
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, unlocked
** (1058) Rainur Swiftblade pulls out some spikes and wraps the rope around his waist and goes towards the west wall tacking spiikes and the rope along the way **
(1068) DM: In the distance, a bell chimes.
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye can all hold on to this to keep your footing
(1056) Morti: "What is that bell?"
** (1058) Rainur Swiftblade opens the door **
(1059) Trayn : "it continues to ring"
(1068) DM: It's louder now, now that the door opens.
** (1056) Morti follows along with the aid of the rope way Rainur has offered **
(1068) TaliesinNYC: A single torch, set into a bracket halfway up the staircase illuminates the hall. In the distance, you can hear a bell chiming.
(1068) DM: (should read halfway down the staircase)
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): what was the name of the sword again?
** (1059) Trayn works his way over with the rope guidance **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, Ilsundil
(1059) Trayn : "hmmm I guess the danger is further away"
(1056) Morti: :staring up the stairs listening to the bell, shivers: "... seems creepier than the feathers..."
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: Reiner checks the stairs for traps and continues forward if none are found
** (1069) Raevanain follows along behind **
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): spider senses?
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [7,1] = (8)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, they're all around you, as I mentioned earlier Alfred
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, please pay attention
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no traps that you found
** (1056) Morti follows after Rainur **
(1086) Rogue (enter): 18:26
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: yes...I know that but if there is a particular evil going down the stairs I would like to know...a way we can solve this is that I won't ask anymore and just let me know if anything strikes me as out of the ordinary
(1059) Trayn : ((down... I was thinking we wanted to go up))
(1056) Morti: (brb)
(1068) DM: As Rainur sets foot further down the stairs, spears shoot out of a step, striking him in the heel
(1059) Trayn : "this leads down"
** (1059) Trayn states questioningly **
(1058) Rainur Swiftblade: (no dex roll?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [2] = (2)
(1059) Trayn : ((attack roll))
(1068) DM: (how can you roll Dex when they're BEHIND you?)
(1068) DM: (take 2)
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): ok think i finished it if anything is wrong tell me, im a little bit out of it this mourning
whispering to Raevanain, np
(1069) Raevanain has sent you a tree node...
whispering to Raevanain, send me a node when you can
(1088) Grim Aclhemist (enter): 18:30
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): just sent it to you then did u get it?
(1088) Grim Aclhemist (whispering): Mind if I lurk around...?
whispering to Raevanain, yep
whispering to Grim Aclhemist, be my guest
(1068) DM: (switching maps)

(1089) DM: You'll note on the map that location 25 is a tower to the SE side of the keep.
(1089) TaliesinNYC: This is the source of the bell chiming. Across the way from the stairs is a chamber is illuminated by a single torch by the doorway. A closed door lies immediately to your right.

(1059) Trayn : "the chamber?"
(1059) Trayn : "or the door..."
(1059) Trayn : "I favor checking the chamber before us"
(1056) Morti: :nods to Trayn, griping his staff:
(1059) Trayn : ((or is the chamber what we are standing in right now. a landing/hallway))
(1089) DM: (there's a chamber to the N, and a door to your right)
** (1059) Trayn moves to the chamber **
(1089) TaliesinNYC: Hanging from the peak of this tower is a large iron bell. Dangling from the bell is a rope that ends roughly about 3' from the floor. The floor of the chamber is covered in strange markings.
(1059) Trayn : "please... nobody ring that bell"
(1059) Trayn : "and disturb not these markings"
** (1056) Morti looks about the chamber and down at the markings, (arcana check to decipher?) "It already rang" **
(1056) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+10] -> [16,10] = (26)
** (1069) Raevanain stares at the bell **
(1059) Trayn : "it could come crashing down on us... or summon a creature... or free an already summoned creature"
(1056) Morti: "Who rang it though?"
(1059) Trayn : "whatever it can do... I doubt it would benefit us"
(1089) DM: Indeed, it chimes every few minutes, as the wind causes its clapper to move erratically
(1059) Trayn : "the interesting question Morti... is why it still rings"
(1059) Trayn : "is it by chance or by design"
(1056) Morti: :Shrug:
(1059) Trayn : "well lets see to that door"
(1056) Morti (whispering): anything on the markings?
** (1059) Trayn stands before it and opens it (if he can) **
whispering to Morti, crystal dwarven
** (1069) Raevanain stays back watching **
whispering to Trayn , unlocked
(1056) Morti (whispering): well, I doubt he'd be able to identify the language anyway, just seeing if they have magick importance
whispering to Morti, nope
** (1059) Trayn opens the door torward him and looks beyond **
** (1056) Morti follows back to the door with the others **
(1089) DM: Two doors, one immediately ahead and one further down.
** (1059) Trayn tries to open the nearest one... **
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): crap didnt pick my languages either
whispering to Raevanain, please don't send me the node until you've finished everything. thanks.
whispering to Trayn , it seems to be blocked...
whispering to Trayn , scratch that
(1059) Trayn : "this is stuck or even locked..."
** (1059) Trayn moves on to the second one **
whispering to Trayn , unlocked
(1059) Trayn : "oh wait... it opens this way
(1059) Trayn : "like this...."
** (1059) Trayn grins at his obtusity **
** (1059) Trayn opens the door inward and looks in **
(1089) TaliesinNYC: This corridor is filled with rubble. You can hear a bell chiming in the distance.
(1094) Silverlocke (enter): 18:52
(1089) DM: Further down the hall is a closed door (on this side)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): where does the rubble seem to have come from?
** (1059) Trayn attempts to gain entry to the near door on the left **
(1089) DM: The rubble is mostly from the area further down the corridor.
** (1056) Morti looks back toward the bellfree.. "There's something about that bell that's bugging me" **
(1089) TaliesinNYC: This appears to be a window overlooking the central shaft of the keep. Rain continuously falls from an opening in the roof above. The sound of flapping wings fills the dimly lit chamber. You can hear a bell chiming in the distance.
(1059) Trayn : (err right))
whispering to Trayn , a bit confused. which door do you want to open?
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur looks up to identify the birds
(1059) Trayn (whispering): my error the one right where the mini is
whispering to Trayn , all right. you've opened that
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, stirges.
(1056) Morti: "Back to the Feathers...:"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "They are stirges folks, bad news!"
(1056) Morti: "What's a stirge?"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: an evil flying creature that I have heard inhabit the darkest places
(1089) Drenla: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
** (1069) Raevanain raises an eyebrow **
(1089) DM: Suddenly you hear a scream of such agony as to make the hair on your heads stand on end. It sounded vaguely human.
** (1056) Morti looks up in shock, searching for his Mentor's cry **
(1059) Trayn : ((ooc secretly cheers the evil being snacking on Drenlas soul))
(1089) DM: ((lol))
(1056) Morti: (from in the room?)
(1059) Trayn : "a cry of agony... what can inflict such pain"
(1089) DM: (You don't know where it came from, but it was probably near)
(1059) Trayn : "I pray it shall harm us not"
(1056) Morti: "Where'd it come from?!"
(1069) Raevanain: "they are already feeding, they wont need us"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): can I roll a listen check to find the direction
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, ok
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [20,4] = (24)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, NE
(1056) Morti: :gazes to Raev, fear in his expression: "Who's feeding? Where?"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 19
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no, I roll listen checks
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: He is NE of us
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, always.
(1069) Raevanain: "the stirges are already feeding on someone by the sounds of it, they will be to busy to chase us..we can hope"
(1059) Trayn : "lets continue... there is nothing in here for us"
(1089) DM: (where to, folks?)
** (1056) Morti suddenly runs off down the hall, toward the East then hanging the left up the Northen hall **
(1059) Trayn : "Morti where are you going?"
(1059) Trayn : "Wait for us...."
(1089) DM: (so which door? lol)
** (1059) Trayn is now chasing Morti **
** (1056) Morti continues forth toward the sound of the scream, listening as he goes, following Rainur's direction at the moment **
** (1090) Rainur Swiftblade is behind them **
(1089) DM: There's two to the south, one on the left and one on the right, and three to the north (two on the right and one on the left). All are closed.
(1069) Raevanain: "more food for the stirges"
** (1069) Raevanain follows at a more sedate pace **
(1056) Morti: (stop at the door to the NW of the "31" to listen quick for the screaming)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [6,-1] = (5)
whispering to Morti, you're unsure
whispering to Morti, it's locked though
** (1056) Morti cries out, "Where are you?!" Hoping the victim will call back **
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): another listening check please
(1089) Nastisha: Ye made your choice, little mage. Power you sought and power ye shall have, as long as ye serve our Dark master.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] -> [14,3] = (17)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, NW
(1056) Morti: (Is that refering to me?)
(1069) Raevanain: ((lol))
whispering to Morti, you hear that in the room but its audible enough through the door
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: nw
(1089) Drenla: AAAAAIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
** (1090) Rainur Swiftblade kicks down the door! **
(1056) Morti: :calls back to the others: "Here! Hurry the door's locked"
(1089) Nastisha: Cease your whimpering, "magus". Ye begin to sicken me, and ye do not want me to be angered.
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: take 10
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [4,4] = (8)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, roll
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, roll Reflex
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 18
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, reflex?
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: Reflex save: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 20
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 20
** (1056) Morti raises forth his hand preparing his energies (getting ready to cast a Color spray right off, hoping for a surprise on it, okay?) **
(1089) DM: Darts shoot out from the lock, narrowly avoiding Rainur, as the door flies open.
(1089) TaliesinNYC: This appears to be a bedchamber. A modest bed with two sheets and a pillow lies against the N wall. A wooden seafarer's trunk lies at the foot of the bed. A long table stretches across the south wall. There is also a fireplace. The bed rests between two windows. Atop the table lie several items. Two torch brackets lie atop the table, each with a lit torch. A strange creature, perched on the edge of the stone table, glares at you as you open the door. It appears to be composed of patched skin from various animals and bearing two spindly bat-like wings glares at you. Two curled horns jut from its bony head.

Three levers jut out of the eastern wall near the south corner of the room.

You can hear the faint chiming of a bell in the distance.

An elderly human woman of seventy years with long white hair and a heavy blue wool robe stands here in the room. Piercing blue eyes stare out at you from a wrinkled friendly face. She smiles in welcome as you enter the chamber.

Drenla is also here, writhing on the floor of the chamber in intense pain. A silver collar is clamped around his neck.

(1094) Silverlocke (exit): 19:15
** (1059) Trayn arrives... clanging in his armor **
(1089) Nastisha: Well, well...what have we here?
** (1089) Nastisha smiles warmly. **
(1069) Raevanain: "a birthday party?"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): disbelieves
** (1089) Nastisha glances down at Drenla, wagging her finger warningly. "No spells, my pet. Unless ye want more of your medicine." **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, will save
** (1056) Morti moves into the room, gripping his staff defensively as he moves cautiously toward his Mentor, "Master Drenla...Wh-what did they do to you?" **
(1089) Nastisha: Welcome to Cragrapid Keep, children.
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: Will save: [1d20+6] -> [1,6] = (7)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): guess I fail
(1069) Raevanain: "id say thank you but your hospitality isnt very nice"
(1089) Nastisha: My Dark master wishes to thank ye for bringing his newest servant to him so quickly. Now we can dispense with that wretched Aes Sedai. But first, our little game.
(1059) Trayn : [1d4] -> [2] = (2)
(1056) Morti: :glaring at the woman, his normal kindness failing at the moment, "Who are you?"
(1059) Trayn : [1d20] -> [13] = (13)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): based on what he heard before, Rainur is still thinking magic is covering him up
(1089) Nastisha: Ye are pawns of mine between a bet with me and Vladizier, lord of this keep. I say ye have your uses. He believes ye to be mere fools with no wits about ye.
(1089) Nastisha: Therefore, I offer ye a proposition. Come to us unharmed and ye may take your Aes Sedai witch away from here alive and unharmed.
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let him go woman!"
(1089) Nastisha: Die, and ye shall have failed, and I can do naught to save ye. (smiles warmly)
(1059) Trayn : "I care little for this conversation"
** (1089) Nastisha giggles. **
(1056) Morti: "Yeah! Shut up and Let Drenla go!"
(1089) Nastisha: Oh, my master has uses for magi of this world and thus I shall not let him go. He is free to go however. Why not ask him? Ask him to take the collar off. (giggles)
** (1089) Nastisha kicks viciously at Drenla's neck. "Take off the collar, magus!" **
** (1089) Drenla screams in agony **
(1089) Nastisha: I don't think he wants to take the collar off. He seems fine to me. (giggles)
** (1056) Morti peers apprehensively to the witch then down to his Mentor. "What is that thing?" (the collar) **
(1069) Raevanain: "thats because your probably insane"
(1059) Trayn : "you are a sick person to use devices of slavery"
(1059) Trayn : "take off this obviously imprisoning collar"
(1056) Morti: "Answer ME!"
(1089) Drenla: 'Tis an a'dam. A magickal leash we use to control our pets. (giggles)
(1089) DM: (oops. that was supposed to have been Nastisha)
(1069) Raevanain: ((meh hes insane to))
(1089) Nastisha: He came to Vladizier, asking for power and power he shall have, in the name of the Dark One. (giggles insanely)
(1056) Morti: "No. Take it off!"
(1089) Nastisha: Isn't that right, Drenla? Ye wanted to be feared, eh? (giggles)
** (1089) Drenla writhes, gasping, "I can't!" **
** (1056) Morti looks over the woman studyingly, for some silver item on his similar in design to the collar (spot) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [1,-1] = (0)
whispering to Morti, er you can't...
(1069) Raevanain: "oh yes, definetly insane"
** (1090) Rainur Swiftblade draws his short sword and dagger **
(1089) Nastisha: I grow tired of this conversation. If ye wish to save your Aes Sedai witch, children, honor our bet and we shall let ye go. (smiles)
(1056) Morti: :through gritted teath to the woman: "What do you want him for?"
** (1089) Nastisha says nothing and begins to shimmer **
(1059) Trayn : "I just dont want anyone enslaved... no matter how foolish they are"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): if i attack her ?
(1089) Nastisha: Too late for that, priest. Too late. (laughing)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, fine
(1056) Morti: (shimmer? spellcraft check..?)
(1056) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+11] -> [15,11] = (26)
whispering to Morti, an illusion of some kind
(1056) Morti: "Eh?"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [16,3] = (19)
(1056) Morti (whispering): disbelieve
(1056) Morti: Will save: [1d20+5] -> [4,5] = (9)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): init 19
(1089) DM: Your swords go right through her image, as Nastisha vanishes with a loud pop. The creature launches into the air and into the fireplace. (AOO if you wish)
(1089) DM: (thought that was an attack roll)
(1056) Morti: Quarterstaff Attack Roll: [1d20+1] -> [5,1] = (6)===> DMG: [1d6-1] -> [4,-1] = (3)
whispering to Morti, doesn't matter now
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: here is my answer
whispering to Morti, miss
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
(1056) Morti: (brb)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: missed her
(1089) DM: (both miss)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [5,9] = (14)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [2,9] = (11)
(1089) DM: (you're attacking the creature?)
(1089) DM: (yes? no?)
** (1056) Morti lets out a muttered curse then moves to Drenla's side, "Master...." **
** (1059) Trayn doesnt join in the fray **
(1089) DM: The creature flies into the fireplace and scrabbles up the chimney
** (1090) Rainur Swiftblade turns attention to Drenla **
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "How do I get this thing off of you Drenla?
** (1089) Drenla writhes in agony. So engrossed is he in his pain that his eyes miss Rainur and instead stare blindly at the ceiling. **
(1089) Drenla: I....only....wanted respect....
** (1056) Morti searches the collar for any markings, clasps or releases **
(1089) DM: There appear to be none. It's a seamless fit.
(1069) Raevanain: "that doesnt require power"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: I did...
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: missed
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: do I get more attacks?
(1059) Trayn : "hmmmm well... instead of respect you have recieved the opposite"
(1089) DM: (Alfred, no.)
(1056) Morti: "Master Drenla... you have to focus. Do you know how this thing went on?"
(1059) Trayn : "I pray you discover the error in your ways soon"
(1069) Raevanain: "he recieved a shinny new collar to"
(1059) Trayn : "before you throw away more of your freedom"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "Drenla, HOW do I take this off?"
** (1089) Drenla lapses into unconsciousness, murmuring "Seek Rhian, she'll know what to do..." **
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti, can ye shrink Drenla?
(1089) The Scion of Light: Ye cannot remove the a'dam, servant of the War Father.
(1059) Trayn : "this is a waste of time....."
** (1056) Morti sits silently looking to his fallen master, before cocking a curiously gaze up to Rainur. "Have you ever seen me shrink anyone before?" **
(1089) DM: A tall, immensely beautiful star elven woman, wreathed in an aura of green-white light appears next to Drenla's body.
(1089) DM: She seems calm, majestic and soothing to your troubled senses.
(1059) Trayn : "we will have to right this wrong at another time"
(1089) The Scion of Light: The peace of the Light be unto thee all.
(1069) Raevanain: "oh well"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): ok...that is a twist...did not expect this one
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, =)
** (1056) Morti gapes up at the shining woman, "... you again..." **
** (1089) The Scion of Light smiles beatifically at Morti **
(1056) Morti: "Please... how do we remove the collar?"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "huh?"
** (1090) Rainur Swiftblade bows with reverence **
(1089) The Scion of Light: I have come here because thou art in this time, potential champions of the Light. Thou have it within thee to influence the course of the world and the Fates of all should thou accept this mantle.
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "what do I do to save his soul My Lady?
(1106) Terl (enter): 19:50
** (1069) Raevanain leans against the wall and yawns **
(1089) The Scion of Light: Even thou, irreverent elf. Even thou.
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "Where is Valdizier, my lady, he must be destroyed!"
** (1069) Raevanain yawns again "joy" **
(1089) The Scion of Light: Morifran, thy friend sought this himself and so, the collar is of his own doing. It can only be removed with his own death or the death of the one who laid it on him.
** (1056) Morti cocks his head, face grimacing **
(1056) Morti (whispering): disbelieve
(1056) Morti: Will save: [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "He is about to destroy a friend and I cannot allow that"
(1056) Morti: "Who laid it on him?"
(1089) The Scion of Light: Didst he not wish to be feared? Was he not devoted to his art? Yea, those wert his choices, and so was the Fate he had made, so was the Fate he had been given.
(1089) The Scion of Light: Remember when thy friend was first entrapped by the Dark One, in the tower of Asflag? In the battle with the myrdraal? Remember?
(1056) Morti: "That doesn't matter! He made a dumb mistake. That's no reason to turn our backs on him."
** (1069) Raevanain goes searching the room **
(1089) The Scion of Light: Then was Drenla tempted with the Dark One, and so thy battle to free his soul was in vain. So evermore has Drenla walked the path of the Dark One and now he has realized the fruits of those labors.
(1056) Morti: "What about it?"
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "Then he shall die!"
(1089) The Scion of Light: If thou dost wish to free Drenla, there needs be two things: Drenla must wish to redeem himself, and thou must slay Nastisha. If Drenla does not redeem himself, then thy effort will be for naught.
(1106) Terl (whispering): It would probibly be best for Kyla to remian lost till after I can straighten out my schedual. My kids were recently moved from one dfs office to another, adn till we get to court, MY schedual for seeing them is going to be when ever all parties involved are willing to let me have them. this si not a good way to be able to show up consistantly.
whispering to Raevanain, I'll be with you in a minute
whispering to Raevanain, let me know what you're searching for. here's a description of the room again
(1056) Morti: "That doesn't make him evil. And it doesn't mean he should die!"
(1089) The Scion of Light: *sighs*
(1106) Terl (whispering): in the mean time, maby I can help with npc's, or as a backup if some otehr pc fails to show up.
(1089) The Scion of Light: He is naught evil, but the potential for him to become evil is great. And yea, thou art right, he does not have to die. He has it within himself to save him. Thou must remember this, Morifran. Ye cannot always save thy friends if they do not wish to be saved.
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "I tried to warn him, the fool, but he did not listen...although his tongue was sharp towards me I took him as friend...it is hard to see the result of his folly.
(1069) Raevanain (whispering): want to search the table and look at the trunk for traps
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "I see my lady...may your soul rest Drenla if we are unable to kill this wizard.
(1059) Trayn : "yes that is true...those that need to be saved need to save themselves... at least partially"
(1059) Trayn : "all cannot be done for them"
(1059) Trayn (whispering): terl showed up as promised
(1059) Trayn (whispering): when you were out he said he would show up 3 hours hence
(1089) The Scion of Light: And now I come to my purpose, my children. There is a prophecy which has long been written, which shall now come to pass in the fullness of time, and yea, though there are many, the mantle of Fate has chosen thou over others. However, I cannot, unlike my brother, force thee to choose this choice. Ye all have thy destinies to follow, and this Fate will follow thee if ye will accept.
(1056) Morti: :cringes: "He'll get through this! He may be a jerk some times and gloat alot, but he's a good man. He taught me a lot and he's helped us." :Lip quivering through his scarf, and tears forming in his eyes:
(1059) Trayn (whispering): but is an hour late however
(1111) Sauro (enter): 20:00
** (1090) Rainur Swiftblade looks at Drenla...welll what is your wish Drenla? **
(1059) Trayn (whispering): well maybe not that was an hour after we were supposed to start
(1056) Morti: "He's getting married soon. And I'm going to the wedding. And he still has to teach me that gluttony spell...."
(1089) The Scion of Light: The prophecy is this: A time is coming when the Dark One must be banished from this world, or else he shall consume Andurin and all its people. And ye wilt need fight this fight even with those who are dark and despairing to succeed.
(1111) Sauro (exit): 20:01
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: "You have no fate but the fate that you make...and are given...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1106) Terl...
whispering to Terl, hold on
(1089) DM: (Drenla is unconscious, Alfred)
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: As you are here in front of the Lady as your witness, do you seek redemption?
** (1056) Morti looks back up to the glowing elven woman, tears still rimming his dark blue eyes, "Who is your Brother, ma'am. Who are you?" **
(1089) The Scion of Light: I am a force in this world, who stands for the Light. My brother is also a force in this world, but he is for Dark.
(1089) The Scion of Light: I have come to thee because thou have it within thee to be Champions of the Light. But I shall not force this unto thee, if thou dost not wish it.
(1106) Terl (whispering): Take all the time you want.
(1089) The Scion of Light: Thou have fared o'er much in these times, and thou shalt fare much more. And thou canst not become Champions if thou art not whole, so let the one known as Kyla of Hurishta come forth and join thee in good health.
whispering to Terl, lol
(1089) The Scion of Light: Lost she was in the storm, lost she was in the sea, and lost she is no more.
(1089) DM: And as the strange elf speaks, a shimmering green-white glow appears next to the woman, and Kyla is there after it fades.
(1090) Rainur Swiftblade: I await yer answer Magus Whitefire?
(1089) Drenla: zzzzzzzz
(1089) DM: ((I told you twice Alfred, he's unconscious))
(1089) DM: ((I'll edit your comment out of the log))
(1059) Trayn : (were he a man able to sneer at others he would do so @ Morti and his silly wedding and prank spells)
(1056) Morti: (Rainur... I hope you're not asking the UNCONCIOUS Drenla)
(1059) Trayn : ((alas he is above such things)
(1089) The Scion of Light: If thou dost accept or thou dost not accept, I would hear thy choice.
(1089) The Scion of Light: Let it be known that this Fate does not supercede the Fates already woven for thee. 'Tis a Fate that is an ADDITION to those already woven in thy destinies.
whispering to Raevanain, so what are you searching for?
(4) Trayn (whispering): you didnt "save.. save them?"
** (2) Raevanain chuckles **
whispering to Trayn , I prepped some of them not all of them
(9) Mort (enter): 20:35
(3) Kyla: "I only meant to advise, not to curse him."
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (9) Mort...
** (9) Morti breathes out and asks the Lady, "So, where can we find Nashita? **
(4) Trayn (whispering): well just so you know it can be done... you can save them so you have them forever... always a good thing
(1) DM: (so pretty much the Scion of Light is asking y'all to consider becoming Champions of Light. that's where we're at now. Raevanian is searching the room.)
** (4) Trayn volunteers of course **
(7) Mort (exit): 20:36
(2) Raevanain (whispering): buggar was hoping they wouldnt notice that lol
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: (Rainur is already agreed)
(10) Morti (enter): 20:36
whispering to Raevanain,
whispering to Raevanain, heh
** (4) Trayn casts server anchor on Morti **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (10) Morti...
(1) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(9) Morti' from room...
(9) Morti (exit): 20:37
(10) Morti: (lol)
(3) Kyla: ((is the scion of light here?))
(4) Trayn : ((lesser known variant of Dimensional Anchor))
(3) Kyla: ((lol))
(4) Trayn : ((scion has a lot of hollywood parties to attend too... probably left in a limo))
(4) Trayn : ((the high fallouting life of being a Scion and all))
(1) DM: ((yes))
(8) Kyper (exit): 20:39
(4) Trayn : "does this require an immediate task we are not pursuing..."
(4) Trayn : "if so please enlighten us"
** (3) Kyla turns to the CScion. "Of courle I'll do all I can to help, but we must know our place, and NOT reach too far above us *looks at drenla* so If it's all the same to you, I'd like to not change what I am." **
(4) Trayn : ((scion of light pun!))
** (2) Raevanain chuckles again **
(1) The Scion of Light: As I said before, this Fate wilt not replace the Fates already woven into thy tapestries, only that 'twill follow all others.
(2) Raevanain: "smashing...."
(1) The Scion of Light: Ever has it been that the Light offers a choice freely, whereas the Dark does not.
** (3) Kyla laughs at that comment **
** (4) Trayn nods wisely... apparently understanding and enjoying this lecture sure to bore the wits out of less tolerant souls **
(3) Kyla: "Yea, right. Both sides offer choices, and both take them away. it all depends on what set of limited choices you would reather make."
whispering to Raevanain, the table: a 2' square mirror, a tinderbox plated in silver, a tall stack of copper pence and golden crowns, four flasks of oil. a large sack (empty). there is also a trunk in the room.
(4) Trayn : "but the dark would wish to limit your choices to none"
(3) Kyla: 'i like to believe I work on the light side, and make the correct choices, but they are no really choices that I get to make. As long as I choose to follow what I believe to be right, teh choices have been made for me."
(2) Raevanain (whispering): bah nothing, ill go search the trunk for traps now
(1) The Scion of Light: There is always a choice for thee to make, mistress. Always.
(3) Kyla: "Following the dark one actually gives more choices. If you don'[t see that theyn you should take time off to study your opponet mroe closely."
whispering to Raevanain, send me a node please and be sure its complete
whispering to Raevanain, don't have it
(1) The Scion of Light: Is that thy answer, mistress? To decline?
(2) Raevanain has sent you a tree node...
(1) DM: (hello?)
(3) Kyla: "My decision is to continue followingthe path I set for myself. One I believe to be rooted in light, but I'm not always sure. I will not ooverstep the limitations I put on myself for a new title, adn prestige, that way leads to Poor Drenla's condition."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [9,4] = (13)
(4) Trayn (exit): 20:48
** (2) Raevanain shakes his head **
whispering to Raevanain, locked
(5) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): LOL She needs a bitch slap! LOL
(1) The Scion of Light: Very well, mistress. (smiles)
(1) The Scion of Light: And thou, Morifran. The choice comes to thee. Wilt thou become of the Light, or choose thy own way?
** (3) Kyla looks at the Scion like he's an idiot. **
whispering to Kyla, the scion is a she. lol
whispering to Morti, earth to Lunauc. lol
(10) Morti: :cocks his head to one side: "I dunno. It's not that I don't want to help. I just don't really have a desire to be anyone's "Champion of Light". All I want is to be Simpl Little Morti, and help people as I see fit. If that course leads me to help you, then that's what will happen. That's all I can promice, Ma'a,m"
(3) Kyla: ((great, then add confusion to the look))
(1) The Scion of Light: A good choice, my child. (smiles)
(3) Kyla: "Very good Morti."
** (2) Raevanain goes and looks out the window **
(10) Morti: "Now.... where can we find the woman who's cursed Drenla with this stupid collar?"
(1) The Scion of Light: And thou, prince of the People. The peace of the Light and also of the Aran-Cemnari be with thee, Raevanian and Evarian. Wilt thou become of the Light or choose thine own way?
(2) Raevanain: Raevanian - doesnt say anything | evarian - ill follow my own path
(1) The Scion of Light: Very well, thy choices have been made.
** (2) Raevanain chuckles **
(1) The Scion of Light: Know thou, the one known as Raevanian, that a choice unmade is still a choice. (smiles)
(10) Morti: (isn't that a song lyric?)
(2) Raevanain: "i like to think i never had a choice"
(1) The Scion of Light: Before thou dost resume thy paths, I am allowed to answer three questions about thy paths before thee. Consider this answer one given freely from me: Thou wilt find the one known as Nastisha in a tower to the south and west of this room, except that entrance to this tower is not gained on this floor.
(1) The Scion of Light: (to Raevanian) Thou dost always have a choice, young Prince.
(10) Morti: :to the others: "Shall we ask about the staff?"
(5) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): terri is asking me to end now...
(2) Raevanain: "there was no choice, i follow my lady"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, 15 minutes?
(11) Trayn (enter): 20:59
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (11) Trayn ...
whispering to Raevanain, should've told you, the Light and the Dark are two major major figures in my campaign world
(5) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): ok
whispering to Raevanain, pretty major, even more major than Mystra. lol
(2) Raevanain (whispering): i was just merely saying i follow the eddicts of my faith :)
(1) DM: (if you like, we can do this on the boards. the questions ideally should be not only about this current module but also future modules. you can ask about ANYTHING, but you only get three questions.)
(11) Trayn : ((ok))
(1) DM: (that means, you can ask about stuff in your backstories for example. The Scion said that each of you have fates beyond those as champions of the Light, so you can ask about those if you want. the floor is open pretty much.)
(2) Raevanain: ((duncan wants to know where babies come from))
(1) DM: (and unlike the Scion of Dark, she will always answer truthfully)
(3) Kyla: "you can slap your silly little titles on us all you want. Bottom likne is that if we are the "guardians of Light" you are looking for, then trying to con us into it is counter prodictive. If not, then enticeing us into it would be worse since then you'd stop looking for the right ones. Go back to watching, and leave us mortals to do what we think is best for ourselves, and those around us. If our actions please you, then good. if not, tough."
(1) DM: ((LOL))
(1) DM: ((we're not stopping btw, I figured out a way to continue so if you have to go, Alfred, then go.))
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: My lady, this is not one of the questions but asked as a favor. It is said that one of the light can offset that of the dark. I was touched by one of the dark, can ye reverse the effects of such an attack?
(11) Trayn : Trayn's eyelids flutter upon hearing this disrespect from Kyla... but resists chastising her
(1) The Scion of Light: (smiles) Ye have made thy choice, mistress. Listen to thy words and thou wilt understand.
(2) Raevanain: "mortals always do what is best for themselves, reguardless"
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur shoots her the look of death..
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: (Kyla)
(10) Morti: "Haven't we asked you a bunch of questions already? Why the limit now?" .... "That doesn't count as one does it?" .... "Or that one....?"
(10) Morti: ... "Or that ... one....?"
(1) The Scion of Light: Ah, servant of the War Father, thou dost misunderstand. To be of the Light is to oppose all that is Dark. To be of the Light is not necessarily to be good. But nevertheless, I shall heal thee this once, and only this once.
** (11) Trayn smirks at Morti's statements **
(2) Raevanain: "i certainly hope they do.."
(1) The Scion of Light: To be of the Light is not to be evil, but then, it is not necessarily to be good. (smiles gently as she touches Rainur's shoulder, making him whole)
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: "My most humblest thanks my lady
** (11) Trayn admires her healing power with no jealousy **
(11) Trayn : "so these questions... must they be asked now?"
(3) Kyla: "That tears it. There is no way I'm going to be one of the light now, since always opposing dark is not always int he best interest of doing good. to blindly always challenge dark is to give up this choice you claim we have."
(10) Morti: "I appreciately the gratuitous explanations on the subject and all... but could we just forget whether we're of the light right now or not and just focus on helping our friends? This discussion is confusing me"
(2) Raevanain: "and to open your mouth is to choose not to shut up, please reconsider your choice"
(1) The Scion of Light: And this is why, thy questioning, dear Kyla, I value thee as a champion of Light. (smiles gently yet sternly)
(11) Trayn : "being of the Light and champions of the Light are two things Kyla"
(10) Morti: "Eh?"
(11) Trayn : "if you insist on playing with words"
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have no questions my lady, I do the will of the War Father..I serve the light regardless"
(1) The Scion of Light: Thy questions must be asked at this time. My Brother allows thou these three questions e'en as I have allowed the Company of Dark three questions.
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: I strongly believe that we have no fate but the fate we are given
(10) Morti: "Company of dark? Who are they?"
(2) Raevanain: ((ok my question is what is this weeks lotto numbers going to be?))
(3) Kyla: ((lol))
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: ((LOL))
(1) The Scion of Light: Dos thou wish to know about thy adversaries, Morti?
(11) Trayn : "well then... may I suggest we think about our questions and continue our activities here"
(10) Morti: :grimaces: "Not particularly..."
(11) Trayn : "barring any immediate questions....however"
(1) DM: ((I suggest that if you have questions to ask, we continue on the boards. The Scion will disappear soon.))
(3) Kyla: (to the party) Please be carefull with the questions you ask, if any. there are answers we shouldn't know, and could even be counter productive to know too early. I don't see much good comeing out of this offer."
(11) Trayn : ((yeah you cant make the limo driver wait forever))
(1) The Scion of Light: Very well. Before I go, Lord Swiftblade...(bows deeply)
(2) Raevanain: "i dont see much good coming out your mouth but it never stopped you" chuckles softly
(3) Kyla: "That would probibly have to wdo with people not listening to what comes out of it." *looks at Drenla again*
(2) Raevanain: "he is unconcious, he wont hear much if you havent noticed"
(1) The Scion of Light: It is given to me to reveal to thee that it is within thy destiny to become the White Kha-han of thy people, though thou wilt be called to face more pain than thou hast ever known in thy life. Consider wisely the path of thy Fate, O Seeker! Do not follow blindly what thou canst question!
(3) Kyla: "I'vm very aware of that little fact, and also waware that recently I warned him of this possibility."
(2) Raevanain: "and your gloating about it? arent you nice...please excuse me while i converse with this wall here"
** (2) Raevanain looks back out the window **
** (1) The Scion of Light kneels in front of Morti, kissing him gently on his cheek, and then slowly fades away... **
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: "It would be an honor to serve my people if it is the will of the War Father...my thanks m'lady...if only I could have my Tamuril by my side"
(10) Morti: :flinches at the kiss and watches her fade away:
(3) Kyla: "If you must know, I'm thinking about what to do to get him back from this. Being right is not always a good thing."
whispering to Raevanain, and now you know why there's such an emphasis on philosophy. =)
(2) Raevanain: "while you said thinking i only hear you speaking"
(2) Raevanain (whispering): gotcha, but some things dont make sense to me, ill ask u about that later after the game :)
(1) DM: (ok, resending the description of the room again...)
(10) Morti: "Well, if we're going to save Drenla, then we better get moving."
(11) Trayn : "I see we will be back to our party division again"
(3) Kyla: "Do you have an idea on how to dsave him then, Magus?"
(1) TaliesinNYC: This appears to be a bedchamber. A modest bed with two sheets and a pillow lies against the N wall. A wooden seafarer's trunk lies at the foot of the bed. A long table stretches across the south wall. There is also a fireplace. The bed rests between two windows. Atop the table lie several items. Two torch brackets lie atop the table, each with a lit torch.

Three levers jut out of the eastern wall near the south corner of the room.

Drenla lies on the floor, in pain and unconscious.

You can hear the faint chiming of a bell in the distance.

(11) Trayn : "I shall not proceed to save Drenla... that is for him to do himself"
(11) Trayn : "I proceed to finish the task at hand and save Rhian"
** (5) Rainur Swiftblade stands a bit taller and more confident **
(11) Trayn : "Drenla's salvation is in his own hands... however if our actions help him then I will be glad"
(10) Morti: :To trayn: "But if we don't stop Nastisha, he can't be free even if he wants to. You heard her. So before he can save himself, we have to stop her."
(3) Kyla: "Has anyone tried a healing spell on Drenla to ease the pain at least?"
(10) Morti: :To Kyla: "The pain will continue as long as the collar remains"
(11) Trayn : "he is better off unconscious"
(11) Trayn : "its the bodies defense mechanism from pain and suffering"
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well TRayn, let us settle our business!"
(10) Morti: "The Lady said the Nastisha is in a tower to the south west.... that should mean the room with the feathers down stairs probably leads to her... right?"
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will follow your lead trayn"
(11) Trayn : "defeating Nastisha is not our goal"
(3) Kyla: "Lord Rainur, I am willing to delay the saveing of Rhian to help Drenla first, if that is your decision."
(11) Trayn : "she doesn't threaten Rhian"
whispering to Raevanain, the trunk is locked
(3) Kyla: "We may need Drenla to rescue Rhian."
(11) Trayn : "doubtfully"
(10) Morti: "But she does threaten Drenla. And unlike Vladizier we know where she is. And from her we may learn where he or his staff are"
(2) Raevanain: "remember someone needs to break the staff and die, might as well be drenla to redeem himself"
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: that is an interesting point, but he is already influenced by the dark lord
(11) Trayn : "nobody needs to break the staff and die"
(3) Kyla: "I'll break the staff."
(2) Raevanain: "bollox"
** (2) Raevanain brightens a bit **
(11) Trayn : "Vladizier needs to die... however I feel if he is brought unconscious... that might suffice as well"
(3) Kyla: "What if we got Vladizier to break the staff"
(10) Morti: :To Kyla: "That would be great, but how?"
(11) Trayn : "why would he do so... a part of himself would die"
(3) Kyla: "I don't think It's necessary for him to do it on purpose, do you?"
(10) Morti: "No, but how?"
(11) Trayn : "I dont know what is necessary other than what I have stated"
(11) Trayn : "the rest is speculation and also improbable"
(3) Kyla: "Arrageing accidents was a facinateing course in my training. One I havent had oppertunity to tpractice, but I'm sure I can come up with a way within an hour or so."
** (10) Morti suddenly goes wide-eyed waiting for Kyla to eplain, suddenly pulling her scarf up over her mouth. **
(2) Raevanain: "how comforting.."
(10) Morti: "Shhh! I forgot, Rhian said he's watching and he reads lips"
(11) Trayn : "and do you think that Vladizier doesnt know we are here to kill him and free her?"
(2) Raevanain: "i think its more the method we plan that he doesnt want him to find out"
(10) Morti: "No, but he didn't know we knew about the staff, remember?"
(11) Trayn : "and yet you keep talking about it.... after I'm trying to cover this conversation up"
(3) Kyla: "I have been very thouroughly trained in the more subious arts in order to fight fire with fire. most of the things I learned are too evil tu use under almost any circumstance, like arrangeing accidents. that is pretty much murder, but we have a Noble with us who can order a death sentence, adn I dsee no reason whay it would be bad to arrange it so the death of this evil helps us."
** (11) Trayn gives Morti the pig eye **
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: I believe we may actually have two now
(10) Morti: (btw... Morti's mouth is covered by his scarf anyway)
(2) Raevanain: "of course you dont see anything wrong with that"
** (11) Trayn eliminates his pig eyeishness after Morti covers up **
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: "but if there is a death sentence, it will be by my sword"
(3) Kyla: "I'd love to hear why you think it's evil."
(10) Morti: 0.o
(10) Morti: "Can we have the moral dispute while we walk? Where to?"
(11) Trayn : "while the theory of philosophy is not unenjoyable..."
(11) Trayn : "yes exactly what I was going to say Morti"
(2) Raevanain: "i think your methods are evil, and im afraid no noble has the right to write a death sentence here if you havent noticed"
(11) Trayn : "we need to move onward" he finishes
(2) Raevanain: "then move"
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well either one needs to be dispatched so Come with me all"
** (11) Trayn looks about and in a direct fashion exits the room into the hall **
(10) Morti: "Hai... whee to Rainur?"
** (11) Trayn peers at the door down the hall and the door to his right as well **
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: what do these levers do Kayla ...can you tell?
(3) Kyla: "Probibly, give me a couple minutes.
(10) Morti: /me goes to pick a pillow of the bed, putting at least that under Drenla's head before they leave, speaking futily to him, "Don't worry, I promis we'll help you get free. Just fight on your end too."
(2) Raevanain: "we'll.."
(3) Kyla (whispering): search/disable device are both 11's. for determineing what the levers do
** (2) Raevanain shakes his head looking out the window again **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [3,11] = (14)
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: "This room needs to be looked at before we go
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+11] -> [12,11] = (23)
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: then we can leabe
** (3) Kyla is inspecting the levers **
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: leave
whispering to Kyla, no traps on the levers. they open something you're pretty sure, but not sure where...
(3) Kyla: They seem to be used for opening things elsewhere, but I can't tell where without pulling them."
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: Hmmm
(5) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): gotta go
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: good night all !
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: gotta go
(2) Raevanain: ((ciao))
(5) Rainur Swiftblade: Disconnecting from server...
(5) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 21:40
(2) Raevanain: "are you going to pull them"
(3) Kyla: "Do you want to risk a iron gate fallling securly in place infront of the front door, or releaseing guard dogs into the hall?"
(2) Raevanain: "dogs dont worry me overly much:
(10) Morti: "Okay then don't pull them"
(3) Kyla: "Go right ahead, they don't look trapped."
(3) Kyla: "Could just ing a chime in the kitchen to have lunch brought up for all I know.
(3) Kyla: ((ring))
** (11) Trayn listens to the nearly incessent squabbling **
(2) Raevanain: "are you going to make a decision sir knight"
(3) Kyla: "Are we going after this wizard, or not?"
** (11) Trayn ponders ((whether Orcs would be better companions)) **
(3) Kyla: ((lol))
(2) Raevanain: ((dont see you doing much :P someone has to fill in the gaps))
** (2) Raevanain looks out the window seeing how far up he is **
(11) Trayn : ((game is mostly "over" for me this evening))
(10) Morti: "I say we go for Nastisha, who agrees?"
(1) TaliesinNYC: ((ok, let's stop then.))

 


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms