Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
10 users online
4 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: Alvinerync, CharlesAgils, dataspo, JerryRuivy


Back to Damrosil Logs
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated

Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(6) Morti: boom-boomp
(6) Morti: boom-boom
(7) Je'rar (enter): 16:55
(6) Morti: boom-boomp
(6) Morti: boom-boomp
(6) Morti: BOOMP-A-DOOOMP
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (7) Je'rar...
(1) DM: You wake up and find yourself on a rocky shore of a barren island with a stone keep crowning its crest. A pebble strewn path leads up to a rusty iron gate. Next to you, placed on a silver tray is a crystal decanter, several pewter goblets and a dish of dried fruit. A sealed bone scroll case is also on the tray.
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "Is everyone ok?
** (6) Morti groggily rights himself to sit up rubbing his eyes and taking in the sights, before quickly remembering to check for Moiraine's safety in his coat **
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "
** (7) Je'rar inspects the boat,checking to see if it's still in one piece **
(1) DM: (she's there)
(1) DM: (drenched however)
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "Let us take this boat away from this angry water and keep it safe if we need to escape"
(6) Morti: (are we still on the landing boat? if not is it insight? is our gear with us? does the fruit platter have dates? mmmm.. dates)
(1) DM: (miserable and crabby)
(7) Je'rar: (eeeew.. wet pussy) ((ROTFL))
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: ((ROFL))
(1) DM: (no. yes. yes. no.)
(3) Trayn : (bak)
** (6) Morti picks the kitten up out of his pocket to hold her up against his soggy scarfed face in an affectionate hug **
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: Well, morti check if that scroll case is majicked"
** (7) Je'rar checks the surrounding area for any tracks **
(3) Trayn : "that... if I don't miss my guess.. is our way home maybe"
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade takes off his armor and takes off his clothes and stands naked before you **
(3) Trayn : "or directions on how to proceed"
(6) Morti: "looking up to Reiner, Morti gives the war priest a sure nod and sets the kitten down. Strolling within ten feet of the tray and scroll case he holds out his hands and reaches forth with his will (detect magic)
(7) Je'rar: I think you need yourself a new sword, my brother"
(3) Trayn : "or more worrisome... our welcome to the island by its occupants"
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade starts to wring out his clothes **
** (7) Je'rar chuckles rather loudly **
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye should do the same lest you want the salt of the water to affect ye later"
whispering to Je'rar, yes, strangely enough, there are tracks of booted feet coming and going from the rusty iron gate.
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have no shame, for this is how I was born"
(8) DM Alex (enter): 17:03
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade continues to dry out his clothes **
(7) Je'rar (whispering): tries to get an estimate of numbers
(6) Morti: (anything from the detection?)
whispering to DM Alex, just 1 set. human from appearances
whispering to Morti, nope
** (6) Morti turns round after the spell, regretably seeing Reiner. "Ahhgg...!!" turning back quickly, "S-scarrr-ry...." **
(3) Trayn (exit): 17:05
(8) DM Alex (whispering): wrong guy =)
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "ye would do well to dry out this water that is filled with salt from your scarves"
whispering to Je'rar, just 1 set, human from appearances
whispering to Je'rar, sorry
whispering to DM Alex, sorry
(7) Je'rar: "Hmm.."
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not know about this ocean, but I know its water tasted like salt"
** (7) Je'rar goes to wave towards the others **
(7) Je'rar: *motions 'come here'
(1) Drenla: You're not supposed to drink the water, Rainur. (chuckling)
(6) Morti: "cold too.." :shivers a bit as he looks around... trying to avoid looking at the hairy man though:
(8) DM Alex (exit): 17:07
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "When the water diries it shall damage your skin, and it will keep you cold"
(6) Morti: "Eh?" :moves toward Jer'ar: "What
(6) Morti: ?"
** (7) Je'rar points to the ground **
(4) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): that is a basic survival skill stan
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, k
(7) Je'rar: "look.. tracks, one human from and to that rusty iron gate"
** (6) Morti cocks his head in questioning then looks to the spot Jer'ar points out **
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade shakes the water out and starts to put on his clothes and armor **
(6) Morti: :speaking the obvious: "Probably where the food came from"
(7) Je'rar: "only one man"
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade points to the case next to the food **
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "perhaps it is a note to us"
(6) Morti: "Well, it's not magical.. so it could be"
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade picks it up and opens it **
(1) TaliesinNYC: Text: Welcome to Cragrapid Island.

We hope you enjoy your stay.

Rhian

(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is odd....I thought she was held prisoner here
(7) Je'rar: "Maybe she did that go back in time thing toleave the note.. we must hurry!"
(4) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): detect poison
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade waves his hands over the food **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, in the decanter. not the fruit.
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: do not drink from here my friends...the fruit is safe
** (6) Morti takes another look around before looking down at his own wet clothes. Stripping off his over coat to lay out on the rocks, he then clasps his hands together almost in silent prayer as he concentrates for a moment. Eventually wisps of steam begin to rise from his clothing leaving it eventually dried (prestidigtation) **
(1) DM: (ok)
** (7) Je'rar starts to stride towards the gate,using the terrian for cover/conecealment **
(6) Morti: :moving over and snatching a piece of fruit: "Good to know"
(4) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): if there are any crabs on the rock he will pour a little of the liquid on it
(4) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): that is in the decanter
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, ok
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nothing happens
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, it smells like brandy
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade pours a little liquid on a scurrying crab.."quite a welcome" **
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: poisonous spirits...
(4) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): spider senses?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nope
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates around the area **
(1) DM: (there's nothing for use as cover or concealment, Je'rar. the island is barren of vegetation)
(6) Morti: :lowering his mask, showing none of the pretenses of hiding his face he bites the apple, while he watches Jer'ar's approach. Between chewing...: "are we giong in?"
(7) Je'rar: (ok..so I stride forwards out in the open then :P )
** (4) Rainur Swiftblade is now fully dressed again and ...dry **
(4) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come all , let us get away from this angry sea...it is obvious that we have already been detected"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "We should make our way to the gate, lads...it is a shame that Kyla did not make it"
** (3380) Trayn will drag his gear ashore... organize and get his armor on... (he will need some help) **
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3378) Je'rar...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3380) Trayn ...
(3380) Trayn : "Rainur... could you tighten that vambrace for me...its too loose"
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Yes trayn whatever ye require
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade helps the priest **
(3380) Trayn : "Thank you..." and he means it of course
(3380) Trayn : "Yes to the gate.. have we determined the substance of the scroll?"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur will overtighten it
(3380) Trayn : "I was a little busy putting my armor on.."
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade tightens it **
** (3380) Trayn appologizes **
** (3375) Morti grimaces at the mention of Kyla, and moves aside to lay out his equipment, trying his cloak in the same manner as his clothes he turns to Moiraine, " You wait here. You'll be safer. We'll be back soon." **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "How is that...tight enough?"
(3377) Moiraine: Meow. Mrrr.
(3377) DM: (ok, so you're at the gate. It's closed but not locked.)
(3375) Morti: :pets the kitten delicately on the head, and goes into his pack for some now soggy jerky, then grabs up his staff and follows the others to the gate. Surprisingly he wears his scarf wrapped at his neck leaving his inhuman bald head open to view
(3380) Trayn : "lets see... I remember asking questions on where to find her"
(3380) Trayn : "and asking about the location of the most dangerous denizens.. did I not"
(3377) DM: (for the map, scroll below)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): checks for traps on the gate
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nope, none
** (3375) Morti peers to Trayn for a moment before rolling his head back in thought **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well if we are walking into the abyss, let us meet it head on"
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade opens the gate **
(3377) DM: The passage within is a stone corridor with a ceiling height of 12'. Torches are spaced every so often in wrought iron brackets.
(3377) DM: It creaks open.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Shall we take a torch "
(3375) Morti: (what is the layout of the building as we can see it? how many floors can we make out, how large is it, are there towers? is there a battlement above that I could levitate to?)
(3377) DM: (a large stone keep. at least two floors. several towers. yes.)
** (3375) Morti unsheathes the end of his staff to free the continual flame beneath. "Got one" **
(3377) DM: You can hear birds above, but can't see them.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Wilderness Lore Skill Check: [1d20+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 10
** (3378) Je'rar tries to identify the birds **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "I would not leave yer cat alone here"
(3378) Je'rar: wtf
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade points to where the birds are coming from **
(3375) Morti: "EH?" :looks curiously to Rainur: "WHy?"
(3378) Je'rar: gotta wait; fkn company
(3375) Morti: :looks to Rainur's pointing:
(3374) Aramil (enter): 17:38
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Hear the birds? They could attack her"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, vultures
(3375) Morti: "Don't cats hunt birds?"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: They are vultures, Morti and they are MUCH bigger than she is"
(3380) Trayn : "well decide one way or another"
(3380) Trayn : ((what was in the scroll btw - i missed it))
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "If they see her they may try yo kill her as food"
(3374) Aramil (exit): 17:39
(3375) Morti: :gapes at Rainur for a moment, before giving an understanding nod. He then runs back to quickly retrieve the kitten and return to the gate:
whispering to Trayn , a note that said "Welcome to Cragrapid Island. We hope you enjoy your stay. Rhian." Decanter held poisoned brandy.
(3380) Trayn (whispering): nice
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: to
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "on the plains they eat wounded lions, an ugly sight"
(3380) Trayn : "well lets proceed..."
** (3375) Morti lets the cat nestle on his shoulder, warning, "FIrst sign of danger you run, okay?" **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "I agree"
(3380) Trayn : "Rhian awaits her rescue"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do you wish to take the lead my friend?
** (3375) Morti nods swiftly to Trayn and prepares to follow **
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade clinks Trayn's armor **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are now well protected" ::chuckles
(3377) DM: As you turn the corner, you come to a stone door ahead. To the right is a closed wooden door.
(3380) Trayn : "yes... but much less mobile"
** (3378) Je'rar looks around(spots),and listens before going through the gate **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [12,3] = (15)
whispering to Je'rar, nothing
(3380) Trayn (whispering): i can't access most of the word files on the site from home (but can from work)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nothing
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 16 for spot check
whispering to Trayn , I changed them to HTM format
(3378) Je'rar: "Hmm.. wish we didn't always have touse the Dantrag key,...oh well"
whispering to Trayn , the most recent ones anyway
(3380) Trayn (whispering): my question was where she would be... cant remember if she is upstairs or in the dungeon
** (3378) Je'rar takes a quick breath,and goes to open the door **
whispering to Trayn , ah
(3380) Trayn (whispering): i was thinking dungoen
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: I have a little skill but not as good as a rogue
(3377) DM: (which door, the stone one or the wooden wone?)
** (3380) Trayn opens the door... looking for stairs **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: I can tell ye if a trap exists but cannot disarm it
(3378) Je'rar: hmmm
(3380) Trayn : (wooden one first)
** (3378) Je'rar *listens* at each one **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [7,3] = (10)
(3377) DM: (locked)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 11 for lsitem
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nothing
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: I do not see any obvious traps so the dantrag key may be apporpriate here
** (3380) Trayn checks the stone door **
(3375) Morti: :staying to the rear at the corner, not wanting to take chances with Moiraine, Morti looks about the walls and and ceilings for anything suspicious (scrying devives and such; spot check)
(3377) DM: As you approach the stone door, a shimmering image of an elderly human woman in a white robe with a scarlet shawl draped around her shoulders appears in the air before you.
(3377) DM: She speaks:
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Text: Now begins the fated trial,
A test of witching spells.
But beware my rival's wile,
In tower dark he dwells.

In this island's carven maze
Lie the wards of witching ways.
We've made our bets; through eyes and glass
We'll watch the tests you'll fail or pass.

Hoardless creatures creep down in dungeons deep.
The twisted hall of rising floors
Lies beyond a scriptless door.
The tower's peak is what you seek.

(3377) DM: After a moment, the image fades.
(3375) Morti: "Hmm?" :looks to the illusory woman with studious blue eyes:
(3375) Morti (whispering): did she resemble an older Rhian?
(3380) Trayn : "the tower then"
(3378) Je'rar: *listens at each door
(3380) Trayn : "lets avoid the dungeon"
(3375) Morti: :eerily: "A dungeon doesn't have to be below ground..."
whispering to Morti, roll Spot
whispering to Morti, nope
(3375) Morti: Spot Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [4,-1] = (3)
(3380) Trayn : "well typically they are"
(3377) DM: The wooden door is locked. The stone door is closed, as far as you can tell.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "You lead trayn...
(3375) Morti: "You call this place typical?" :Quirks his blotchy hairless copper brow:
** (3380) Trayn opens the stone door **
(3380) Trayn : (or tries too)
(3377) Vladizier: Fool! See how I deal with intruders to my home!
whispering to Trayn , Fortitude
(3396) El Tommo (enter): 17:53
(3375) Morti: "EH?!" :looks for the source of the voice:
(3377) DM: As Trayn opens the door, a shimmering blue glyph appears on the door and strikes the priest in his face.
(3380) Trayn : "oh..."
(3380) Trayn (whispering):

Fortitude Save

[1d20+4+2] -> [17,4,2] = (23)


(3375) Morti: "Oh no!"
(3399) El Tommo (enter): 17:54
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [3d6] -> [5,1,6] = (12)
whispering to Trayn , take 6
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn are ye all right?"
(3378) Je'rar: "Oh great..priest boy gets it"
(3377) DM: The glyph fades as the door opens.
(3378) Je'rar: "Come on..you're gonna be ok"
(3380) Trayn : "hmmm I felt affected... just a bit"
(3380) Trayn : "but fought it off whatever it was"
whispering to Trayn , electrical damage
(3375) Morti: "Darn... she even just said there were wards..." :mumbles to him self: "Gotta pay more attention..."
(3380) Trayn : "I got zapped a bit"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: how so ?
** (3380) Trayn heals himself before continuing **
(3380) Trayn (whispering): for [1d8+4] -> [1,4] = (5) hps
(3377) DM: The door opens to reveal a long stone corridor, lit by several torches. Two doors lie on your left -- one immediately to your left, one further down the hall.
whispering to Trayn , k
(3401) Disorder (enter): 17:57
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well my friend, ye must be more careful
(3380) Trayn : "I'm not sure if I should lead"
(3380) Trayn : "the lead person will be affected by these wards"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye this is true"
(3380) Trayn : "and should that be me... then proper healing won't be brought to heal it"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti, as a magus, are ye able to dispell these things?"
(3375) Morti: "Sorry, haven't gotten that far yet."
(3375) Morti: "Drenla?"
(3380) Trayn : "and even if... we would run out of spells very quickly"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "so how do we cross these wards as you call them without being affected?
** (3375) Morti scratches his irrated scalp for a second, thinking, "Why don't we just not go this way then?" **
(3380) Trayn : "the other door is locked"
(3380) Trayn : "and if they weren't protected too.. then they would lead to nothing"
(3375) Morti: "No, I mean not go through the building..."
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "That has a quick remedy Trayn" ::smiles::
(3377) Drenla: I could...but if there are innumerable wards, it might be more helpful if we found an alternate way of resolving this problem.
(3380) Trayn : "well then state your case"
(3403) Durion (enter): 18:02
(3375) Morti: "With the boots the King gave me, I could float up the wall and secure a rope for you guys to climb. After all, we only have to reach the top of the tower that Rhian;s in right?"
(3380) Trayn : "I'm more than interested in listening to a plan that avoids harm"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Well ye decide and I will follow the groups decision
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does the tower look scalable?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, possibly
** (3375) Morti moves to the stone doorway to peer curiously in to the next room as they try to decide **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, which tower though? you saw at least three.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: I am an EXTREMELY good climber, but there are at least three towers"
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3396) El Tommo' from server... connection timed out.
(3396) El Tommo (exit): 18:03
whispering to Morti, long passage with two doors to your left
(3375) Morti (whispering): I know
(3380) Trayn : "well we seek... the tower's peak"
(3380) Trayn : "would not that be the highest of the three?"
(3375) Morti: :looks back to Rainur: "Yeah, guess it would take a little while... and there might be guardians and wards out there too.."
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3399) El Tommo' from server... connection timed out.
(3399) El Tommo (exit): 18:05
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: right so lets press on. do ye just want to open the wood door?
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): spider senses on the wood door
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates on the wood door **
(3375) Morti: "That means breaking it down, and it might be trapped too"
(3377) DM: (which door? immediate left or far left? folks, you need to be more specific.)
(3403) Durion (whispering): what game is this?
whispering to Durion, 3E
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: immediate left
(3380) Trayn : ((think the 1st wood door))
(3326) Tarl (enter): 18:07
(3375) Morti: ((think he means the southern one actually)
(3403) Durion (whispering): campaign or one shot
(3380) Trayn : ((then again))
(3326) Tarl (exit): 18:07
(3375) Morti: (oh, nm)
** (3378) Je'rar uses the Dantrag key on the closer door **
(3377) DM: This door, btw, is quite cold and damp.
(3377) DM: (roll Open Doors then)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Stop Je'rar
(3377) DM: (too late, he did it)
whispering to Durion, campaign
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): oh well
(3378) Je'rar: (hmm.. possibility he said that before I applied the kick?)
(3377) DM: (remember the "you say it, you do it" rule)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Je'rar breaks Rainur's concentration
(3378) Je'rar: (yes but if someone says their gonna do something while someone lelse tries to tell them not to, what then only one person can type at a time)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): that half circle and opening before 3 is a window correct?
(3377) DM: (it means you need to be more careful in your actions)
(3378) Je'rar: (so I should type: I'm going to use the dantrag key unless someone tells me not to?)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: (I'm ok with stan's ruling)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, that half circle is another room. if you scroll up or were paying attention, I said there was a stone door ahead and a wooden door to your right. you checked thw wooden door and Trayn checked the stone door
(3378) Je'rar: (not nit-picking; justt rying to clarify this,as it may prove lethal someday)
(3377) DM: (you should be more careful with your actions. if you say, you use the Dantrag key, then what will happen is that you use the Dantrag key. if someone says it while you're doing it, it's a bit too late, isn't it?)
(3412) Rift (enter): 18:12
(3403) Durion (whispering): (if i may be so bold, I'd say you should type: I'm going to move to kick down the door. .. that allows someone to interrupt, and if they dont, the DM can continue)
(3377) DM: (it's already proven lethal on more than one occasion. what's different about this situation? =P)
whispering to Durion, you're being bold. now relax.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): sorry stan
(3375) Morti: (have to agree :nod nod:)
(3403) Durion (whispering): lol
(3378) Je'rar: (not necessarily; there's been how many times my mom would tell me not to touch the stove as I was reaching for it.. but stopped me from bruning the fk outa myself :) )
(3415) Rift (enter): 18:13
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: (ok so what happens)
(3377) DM: (hah. well, just remember that I'm not your mom. *I* don't care what happens to you. heheh)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: LOL
(3378) Je'rar: (rol % dice I stopped in time would be my guess at this point; will have to try to determine a better working system for stated actions in my spare time
(3377) DM: (Je'rar needs to roll an open doors roll to see if he breaks down the door.)
(3417) Manic Depressant Pit Lord (enter): 18:14
(3377) DM: (we can talk about this after the game)
(3417) Manic Depressant Pit Lord (exit): 18:15
(3419) Beau (enter): 18:15
(3375) Morti: (brb)
(3378) Je'rar: [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I agree totally with you stan
(3378) Je'rar: +str = 23
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: ((kaboom!))
(3377) DM: He kicks down the door, sending it across the room.
(3421) Rift (enter): 18:16
(3403) Durion (exit): 18:16
(3377) DM: The interior of the room is a huge, rough shaped cavern filled with water. There is an opening to the far left of the chamber, out into the ocean. A narrow rocky ledge runs around the cavern to the other side where a closed porticullis sits. The cavern is unlit, however a windy draft can be felt from the ceiling. There is an iron ring in the middle of the right hand wall.
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade looks around for signs of life **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): scans the room ....using spot and listen check
(3377) DM: The door lands in the water, splashing all around.
(3380) Trayn : "this is the wrong way"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, I'll roll listen, you roll spot
(3380) Trayn : "lets choose another"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [16,2] = (18)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): +4 on listen
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [17,3] = (20)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 21 spot
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you need to send me an updated node, it says +2. in any event, you think you can hear grunting but you're unsure.
(3423) Tara (enter): 18:20
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, there is a half-sunken rowboat tethered to the iron ring.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Whispering to party "I hear grunting and there is a half sunken rowboat tethered to the iron ring"
(3380) Trayn : "back off"
(3380) Trayn : "dont go out..."
(3375) Morti: "What is it Trayn?"
(3380) Trayn : "nothing.. something"
(3423) Tara (exit): 18:22
(3375) Morti: "Eh?"
(3380) Trayn : "but lets not waste our time and health dealing with it"
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3412) Rift' from server... connection timed out.
(3412) Rift (exit): 18:22
(3375) Morti: (COuld we see a tower in this direction from outside?)
(3380) Trayn : ((im thinking this is a sea cave entrance to the tower))
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I e-mailed it to you +3 for wisdom (now 16) and +1 for birthsign = +4 I will send it to you again this week
(3425) Rift (enter): 18:23
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3415) Rift' from server... connection timed out.
(3415) Rift (exit): 18:23
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no, Alfred. you need to send me an updated node. it's not my job to update the node myself
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: ok..
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, in addition to sending me your char sheet, you need to send me the node as well.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade has sent you a tree node...
(3380) Trayn : "i dont think this leads to a stairway or anywhere else but out to sea"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): did you get it?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, thanks
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur concentrates on the room...
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, still says +3, but it's ok, I'll fix it
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): don't know how to account for the birthsign power
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you glance up and see that it's open to the sky
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, just include it in the box
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: ok
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, don't worry about it
(3380) Trayn (whispering): boot 3421 rift if you have time
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3421) Rift' from room...
(3421) Rift (exit): 18:26
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): sensing for evil here
(3380) Trayn : "lets choose another door... another way"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes! not sure of location though. middle of the room.
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade stops in his track **
(3377) DM: As you glance up, you notice that the chamber is open to the sky, far far above.
(3375) Morti: "the next one or the locked one?"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "There is evil here....in the center of the room...evil
(3375) Morti: :to Rainur:"I think that's going to be a common trend in this place"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: It is strong,,, very strong
(3378) Je'rar: "I sayif its evil, let it come, and we kill it"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "well let us do what we are here to do but this is an evil that has an opening to the sky here. It may follow us later"
whispering to Disorder, you're going to have to remember that I'm BIG on details, so if you don't remember something, I won't remind you. for instance, its funny how I say something and this party rememebers like half of it. =P
(3380) Trayn : "we are not here to defeat evil in all its dark cracks and hovels"
(3378) Je'rar: "Then let us press onwards"
(3380) Trayn : "and briney pits"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are the leader Trayn, just pointing out that it may potentially come back and bite us"
(3401) Disorder (whispering): hehe :) thanks for the tip :)
whispering to Rift, just told Nate that I'm big on details, so if you don't remember something, I won't remind you.
(3380) Trayn : "and should it try.. then we will deal with it then"
(3380) Trayn : "and I think as myself not as anyones leader... but instead just a wise friend"
** (3375) Morti stares off to the portcullis across the way. "Still... that might be the way to Rhian... or her soul..." **
(3380) Trayn : ((lets put up a single MINI... and use that as a marker.. labelled GROUP))
(3380) Trayn : ((then we will know where we "are"))
(3375) Morti: (feel free)
(3377) DM: ((that would be helpful. David should have control of the mini. which door is next? the far left one?))
(3380) Trayn : ((since DM has fog on.. it woud be best if he did so.. most mini's will appear in the fog))
(3377) DM: (k)
(3380) Trayn : ((ill put the mini up.. dm will place in nonfog area))
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3425) Rift' from server... connection timed out.
(3425) Rift (exit): 18:33
(3375) Morti: (could we see from outside, roughly the direction to the tallest tower?)
(3377) DM: (east. not sure though)
(3380) Trayn : ((anyone see the map? i have an open prob with large maps and can only see green and the fog))
(3377) DM: The corridor extends further on and ends at yet another wooden door.
(3380) Trayn : ((therefore... i should not control the mini))
(3377) TaliesinNYC: (ok)
(3380) Trayn : ((the person that can see the map the best should))
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am waiting where to next my wise friend"
(3375) Morti: (I see it alright)
(3380) Trayn : ((i cant lead the expedition... map handicap))
(3375) Morti: (so we heading east down the tunnel?)
(3380) Trayn : "to the next door I guess"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: well , someone needs to keep an eye behind us...can ye do that Drenla?
(3377) DM: (ok.) This door is a bit drier than the others. It's closed.
(3377) Drenla: Of course, Rainur.
(3377) DM: (you notice he's become a bit more courteous, if a bit distant still.)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): not going to tempt fate and will keep to business with Drenla
** (3375) Morti stays back a bit, but moves to look at the door, (when you say dry, you mean normal dry or.... abnormal dry **
(3375) Morti: ?)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Diolla lee
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): thank you
(3435) Farrix (enter): 18:41
(3435) Farrix (exit): 18:42
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): formal
(3433) Kou (enter): 18:42
(3377) DM: (I mean drier than the previous door)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn do we open this one as well?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, danke
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): bitte
whispering to Disorder, so where's Duncan?
(3380) Trayn : "sure"
(3380) Trayn : "we are looking for stairs"
(3378) Je'rar: "I'll open it,unless oneof you says something as I go to do so"
(3401) Disorder (whispering): here :P
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade concentrates on the door and spot checks it **
(3401) Disorder (whispering): nate is/was having open problems
(3375) Morti: (oh, it's just you said drier than the "others". does that mean all the doors so far have been wet?)
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade looks for traps etc. **
whispering to Disorder, ah
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Spot Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [4,3] = (7)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: (8)
(3437) Reaper (enter): 18:44
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(3380) Trayn : ((well at least drier than the last))
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you think you hear voices in the background
(3437) Reaper (exit): 18:45
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, elven voices...
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, and a woman too
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: listen
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+3] -> [15,3] = (18)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: (19)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, I roll listen, Alfred
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): oh ok LOL
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, I've always rolled Listen and Search. we had this conversation a while back
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): ok ...mea culpa
(3377) DM: (so far, yes, Lunauc)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "I hear something behind this door"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): tries to hear what they are saying"
(3375) Morti: :whispers as if it doesn't already know we're here, "What?"
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade puts ear closer to door **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, can't make out what they're saying
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, just that you hear voices in the distance
whispering to Disorder, what would you be saying btw?
(3380) Trayn : "well if it doesnt come out to address us.. its a guardian"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: It sounds ...elven?
** (3375) Morti lets Moiraine down from his shoulder, gesturing her to move a ways back **
whispering to Disorder, if you have a node to send me, you can join today.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: and a woman's voice
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "I say we open this door
(3380) Trayn : "whether we need to pass is what we need to know"
** (3375) Morti moves to listen in cuiosity **
(3375) Morti: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-1] -> [4,-1] = (3)
(3380) Trayn : "I dont' think we need to.... yet"
(3375) Morti: (hopeless)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: They may be trapped here or worse SLAVES!
(3375) Morti: "COuld be a trick. Mimicing sounds is easy)
(3380) Trayn : "we have other options available"
(3380) Trayn : "hmmm thats true... we could be bypassing someone who could give us information"
whispering to Disorder, I'm going to need a clue as to what you would be saying. that was my clue to the group re your PCs. let me know when you have time. also, we need to talk about your PCs after.
(3380) Trayn : "but I doubt it... unless their participation is part of this test"
(3375) Morti: :Bites his tongue as he desparately tries to hear:
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [17,-1] = (16)
whispering to Morti, You're positive that the female voice is Rhian.
whispering to Morti, fyi, I always roll Listen and Search unless I tell you otherwise.
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade opens door with shoulder and not the dantrag key so the door can be closed again **
(3443) Rift (enter): 18:51
(3401) Disorder (whispering): atm i'm making sure of what class i want to be, either ranger or fighter.
(3375) Morti (whispering): gotcha
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Str check: [1d20+4] -> [16,4] = (20)
whispering to Disorder, ok
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 20 to open
(3377) DM: The door opens easily.
(3375) Morti: "Wait don't... urgh" :hops back quick as he can:
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3433) Kou' from server... connection timed out.
(3433) Kou (exit): 18:52
whispering to Je'rar, look what Alfred did. that's one way
(3419) Beau (exit): 18:52
(3380) Trayn : "hmmm" doubting this will bring good fortune
(3375) Morti (whispering): if I can still hear the voice try to disbelieve it
(3375) Morti: Will save: [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
(3375) Morti: (I see a grim night in my future)
(3377) DM: Beyond is another long passage, this one about 80' in length. 40' down to your right is a closed wooden door with a barred window. Further down on the left is yet another door.
whispering to Morti, lol
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): do the voices become louder?
(3377) DM: The voices are clearer now. It's definitely Rhian.
** (3375) Morti groans unhappily, "I don't trust this way...." **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Why Morti, what do you see?
(3377) Rhian Aes Sedai: ...They're here, I can sense one of them. (hopeful) We should be free soon.
(3375) Morti: "Nothing... it's just... the thing said Rhian was suppose to be in the tower, right? I think this is just an illusion"
(3375) Morti: :whispering:
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "the evil is in the tower"
(3375) Morti: "Humor me, please. try to not believe it. If you don't sense anything, I'll follow along. Okay?"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: ok I will try...
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): disbelieves it
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): that is will roght?
(3375) Morti: :looks also to Drenla: "Would you too? You have more experiece with these things"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Wis check: [1d20+3] -> [18,3] = (21)
(3449) Rift (enter): 18:58
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 21
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3443) Rift' from room...
(3443) Rift (exit): 18:58
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, still there
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: No, Morti, it is definately still there and it is Rhian...I am sure of it!
(3377) Drenla: It's possible. However, you can translate that image's message any number of ways, apprentice. She didn't say exactly what it was we sought.

(3375) Morti: :gulps: "ALright then."
** (3376) Rainur Swiftblade follows the voice **
** (3377) Drenla chants an incantation, and you hear an accurate rendering of the elderly woman's message, right down to the voice but not the image: **
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Text: Now begins the fated trial,
A test of witching spells.
But beware my rival's wile,
In tower dark he dwells.

In this island's carven maze
Lie the wards of witching ways.
We've made our bets; through eyes and glass
We'll watch the tests you'll fail or pass.

Hoardless creatures creep down in dungeons deep.
The twisted hall of rising floors
Lies beyond a scriptless door.
The tower's peak is what you seek.

(3377) Drenla: Notice that she doesn't say anything about exactly what it is we're seeking. We're assuming that Rhian is in a tower. However, the image didn't say anything about Rhian.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Well I am going forward gents
(3375) Morti: :to drenla: "I know it can be interpereted a few ways, but.... this seems to easy"
(3377) Drenla: And that is precisely my worry, apprentice.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Easy is relative...
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Perhaps rhian is merely bait for us
** (3375) Morti follows behind the three larger adventurers and before Drenla, letting moiraine sit on his shoulder again as he takes in the surroundings nervously. **
(3377) Drenla: In fact, I think the image is saying, we seek her wizardly rival, who dwells in a dark tower. That's my interpretation anyway.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Yes but we must free her first.
(3375) Morti: "But he'd keep her and, or her soul close to him for safe keeping.. right?"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: He is the real target
(3444) Thomas (enter): 19:04
(3377) DM: Further down the corridor, you can see that the passage twists to the east. The wooden door with the barred window is closed. Peering inside, you see that it's a mini-gaol, with individual cells within.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur goes down the corridor
(3401) Disorder (whispering): was just talking to nate, and apparently it's just this room he's having trouble with but he'll be on for a chat after the session probably need to go to a different room though.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "this is currious, no guard?"
(3380) Trayn : "which means perhaps no prisoners"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: (is the door open?)
(3455) Thomas (enter): 19:05
(3377) DM: (yes)
(3378) Je'rar: "Let's bustthe doors open"
(3377) DM: The door is closed but not locked.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: it is open Je'rar
(3377) DM: The cell doors on the other hand are all closed.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: You may open it if ye wish
(3377) Rhian Aes Sedai: Rainur...is that you?
(3375) Morti: "Wait.... remember the stone door? wards"
(3378) Je'rar: "Let's make sure of the situation..no way of knowing wheter there's any prisoners unless we look..but somebody stay back in case its meant to trap us inside"
(3380) Trayn : "I certainly do"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye tis I Lady and the rest of us...is it safe to open this door?
(3377) Rhian Aes Sedai: Rainur, I...
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "yes...?
** (3375) Morti moves before the wooden door, facing a bit of a northeastern driection before he begins his scan(detect magic and sweeps down to ward the south east; trying to check the cells as well) **
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3449) Rift' from server... connection timed out.
(3449) Rift (exit): 19:08
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): spider senses?
(3377) DM: As she says something, immediately appear three large ogres flanking the party, each drenched in seaweed and covered with bluish-green skin. They close in to attack. (initative)
(3375) Morti: [1d20+2] -> [20,2] = (22)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [20,3] = (23)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [10,-1] = (9)
(3380) Trayn : Initiative: [1d20+1] -> [3,1] = (4)
(3375) Morti: (materialize or come out from the corner before us and the doorway behind us?)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): what does the elf sword do again...it has been so cryptic
(3377) DM: (right next to you)
(3377) DM: (Je'rar?)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: Draws swords
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, +1, +3 vs. humanoids.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, +1, +3 vs. evill humanoids.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): this ought to be fun! LOL
(3378) Je'rar: (so"Ginat-kin!"
whispering to Je'rar, init pls
** (3378) Je'rar braces to do battle,and kill them deader'n shit **
(3378) Je'rar: [1d20+7] -> [19,7] = (26)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): can I elaborate with the swords effects?
(3378) Je'rar: (weird how that got typed out..had typed in "Giant-kin!" and it came out looking like that? wtf...)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): like the sword glows white when he draws it against the ogres?
(3375) Morti: (anyway... minis?)
(3377) DM: (no minis required.)
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3444) Thomas' from server... connection timed out.
(3444) Thomas (exit): 19:14
(3377) DM: (26, Je'rar)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, it has a special power which you need to discover however
** (3378) Je'rar eyes out the ogres,and strikes out atthe largest of them **
whispering to Disorder, its fine with me. we can hash the details out later if you'd like to join. up to you. it's just that if the two of you are going to be with the party, you'll be NPCs for now
(3378) Je'rar: Longsword [1d20+5] -> [9,5] = (14) DMG [1d8+4] -> [8,4] = (12)
(3378) Je'rar: Mace, Light [1d20+5] -> [16,5] = (21) DMG [1d6+4] -> [2,4] = (6)
(3375) Morti: (are they armed? how are they positioned?)
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(3455) Thomas' from server... connection timed out.
(3455) Thomas (exit): 19:16
(3378) Je'rar: *15 with the sword
(3378) Je'rar: and 12 if dmg applies
(3378) Je'rar: 813 rather
(3401) Disorder (whispering): aahh ok
(3378) Je'rar: *13 rather
(3377) DM: The ogres are each armed with spiked clubs, each of which has been tipped with a dark green substance. Two stands next to Rainur, one next to Drenla.
(3377) DM: (both miss)
(3464) Jark (enter): 19:17
(3377) DM: (23, Rainur)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: ::as Rainur draws the elven short sword , it glows intensly white and Rainur is quite surprised::
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+8] -> [14,8] = (22)
(3377) DM: (hit)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+10] -> [15,10] = (25)
(3377) DM: (critically wounded)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur is quite surprised::
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+5] -> [1,5] = (6)
(3377) DM: Indeed, it seems as if the sword has taken a life of its own, twisting and turning like a live snake as it plunges deep into the ogre's flesh.
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+7] -> [4,7] = (11)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: (17 pts)
(3464) Jark (exit): 19:19
(3377) DM: (make that seriously wounded. thought the second roll was for damage. sorry..lol)
(3377) DM: (22, Morti)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12)
** (3375) Morti looks around rather surprised by the sudden attack, but quickly tries to adjust, turning to the one approaching his mentor Drenla, Morti reaches into his hip pouch, pulling out a bit of greasy rine and points it between his fingers toward the creature speaking a few strong words before a sheen washes over the beasts club( grease on his weapon) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [12,2] = (14)
whispering to Morti, save DC?
(3377) DM: (save DC?)
(3375) Morti (whispering): 12
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "The war father with see to your distruction!
(3377) DM: (made, although the ogre is a bit surprised, growling in frustration)
(3375) Morti (whispering): I believe...
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn can ye clean the poison off these clubs?"
** (3377) Drenla mutters an incantation, as silver bolts of pure white light fly from his eyes, striking the ogre next to him in the chest. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [4d4+4] -> [3,2,3,2,4] = (14)
(3377) DM: The bolts sink into the ogre's chest, knocking it back to the wall. (seriously wounded)
(3377) DM: (the ogres: 1 on Rainur, 1 on Je'rar, 1 on Drenla)
(3380) Trayn : "no I cannot... I didnt not memorize a spell to delay the effects of poison .. and cannot remove it at all sadly"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [1,8] = (9). [1d20+8] -> [18,8] = (26), [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
(3377) DM: (miss Rainur), (AC 26, Je'rar), (miss Drenla)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "My lord War Father give me your strength!"
(3377) DM: (Je'rar, Fortitude.)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+8] -> [2,6,8] = (16)
(3377) DM: (Je'rar, take 16, not counting effects of poison)
(3378) Je'rar: [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18)
(3377) DM: (26, Je'rar)
whispering to Je'rar, ok
** (3380) Trayn unhooks his mace and grasps the shaft firmly at the handgrip while stepping forward.. then he attempts to smash it down on an ogres face (same one Rainur attacked) **
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur is now pumped up for this round
(3380) Trayn : (ill go at end)
(3377) DM: (whoops forgot about Trayn. lol)
(3380) Trayn : Attack: Trayn swings his +2 Heavy Mace [1d20+3+3+2] -> [17,3,3,2] = (25)
(3380) Trayn : Damage: Trayn's +2 Heavy Mace does [1d8+3+2] -> [5,3,2] = (10) of damage
(3377) DM: (hit.) As Trayn smashes the creature, a pair of ghostly eyes appear, looking down over you.
(3377) DM: The ogre falls to the ground, lifeless.
(3377) DM: (26, Je'rar)
(3401) Disorder (whispering): So are you going to want to include us as npc's this session ?
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye will feel the power of his strength"
** (3380) Trayn holds the grim look of one who knows he will win **
(3378) Je'rar: "I will kill you"
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: "Show him Je'rar"
** (3378) Je'rar lays into the next one **
(3378) Je'rar: Longsword [1d20+5] -> [1,5] = (6) DMG [1d8+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
(3378) Je'rar: Mace, Light [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16) DMG [1d6+4] -> [6,4] = (10)
whispering to Disorder, if you have a node all ready for me, you can join as a PC, otherwise I'll use you as NPCs
(3378) Je'rar: the 16 work ?
whispering to Disorder, Nate's PC will be an NPC as he is not here
whispering to Je'rar, yes
(3380) Trayn : ((didnt last time))
(3401) Disorder (whispering): i dont have a character finished yet, so it will have to be an npc i'd say ..
whispering to Disorder, ok
** (3378) Je'rar smiles as his mace crashes into its ribs for 10 pts of damage **
whispering to Disorder, A description would be nice though.
(3377) DM: (seriously wounded).
(3377) DM: (23, Rainur)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+9] -> [7,9] = (16)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+11] -> [18,11] = (29)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d8+6] -> [6,6] = (12)
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d6+8] -> [2,8] = (10)
(3377) DM: (both hit) The ogre collapses, lifeless.
(3377) DM: (22, Morti)
** (3375) Morti moves back down the hall beside Drenla, with himself between the brute and Moiraine. Thrusting forth his hands in the fanned stylehe lets loose with his favored blaze of dark blue fire (bruning hands) [2d4] -> [4,1] = (5) **
(3377) DM: (12, the remaining ogre -- on Drenla)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [15,2] = (17)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+8] -> [7,8] = (15)
(3377) DM: (miss Drenla)
(3377) DM: (12, Drenla)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [4d4+4] -> [4,4,3,2,4] = (17)
(3377) DM: Drenla mutters another incantation, sending forth the same spell against the creature. (critically wounded)
(3377) DM: (4, Trayn)
** (3380) Trayn steps to the ogre and strikes out with his mace again..its head dripping with Ogre gore **
(3401) Disorder (whispering): hmm .. i'll need to ask a couple of questions to work things out. And all that i know about nate's is that he's a star elven druid i think.
(3380) Trayn : Attack: Trayn swings his +2 Heavy Mace [1d20+3+3+2] -> [4,3,3,2] = (12)
whispering to Disorder, ok
(3377) DM: (miss)
(3486) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 19:39
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3486) Rainur Swiftblade...
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3376) Rainur Swiftblade' from room...
(3376) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 19:39
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you can go if you want
(3377) DM: (26, Je'rar)
(3488) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 19:39
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3488) Rainur Swiftblade...
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3486) Rainur Swiftblade' from room...
(3486) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 19:40
(3490) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 19:40
whispering to Disorder, yes, but I need a basic description from you so the other players know what you and Nate's PC look like
(3378) Je'rar: Longsword [1d20+5] -> [13,5] = (18) DMG [1d8+4] -> [7,4] = (11)
(3378) Je'rar: Mace, Light [1d20+5] -> [11,5] = (16) DMG [1d6+4] -> [5,4] = (9)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3490) Rainur Swiftblade...
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3488) Rainur Swiftblade' from room...
(3488) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 19:41
(3377) DM: (both miss)
(3377) DM: (23, Rainur)
(3401) Disorder (whispering): yeah i understand. I can give you one for me soon, have no idea about nate's one though and hes not online atm.
(3378) Je'rar: *the longsword has an extra +1 to hit
(3377) DM: (still won't matter. you need higher than 12 or 10 to hit)
(3378) Je'rar (whispering): do you know how to fix that in my node ?
(3492) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 19:42
whispering to Je'rar, I don't have a node for you
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3492) Rainur Swiftblade...
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3490) Rainur Swiftblade' from room...
(3490) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 19:43
(3378) Je'rar: (rolled a 19 and a 16..higher than 12,and 10,yes ?)
(3377) DM: (sorry. both hit. The ogre died.)
(3377) DM: (my bad)
(3375) Morti: (read the dmg. done it myself)
(3401) Disorder (whispering): So for a basic description are you jsut after short or tall and hair/eye colour etc .. or visable equip as well ... cause working out what equipment i want to use generally takes a while ...
(3378) Je'rar: 21 dmg then
(3375) Morti: "Well.... that was... surprising..."
whispering to Disorder, I need a basic description as to what the PCs see when they see you. if I don't get one from you by the time they free you, I'm going to wing it and we can conform things later. you'll make my life a lot easier if you can at least provide a basic description now.
(3401) Disorder (whispering): i'll work mine out now then .. i'll give myself some basic equip cause i can always get new stuff :) umm i assume that rangers still get the dual wield feats ?
** (3375) Morti moves back to Moiraine, giving her an assuring rub on the head before picking her back up **
whispering to Disorder, well we've established you don't have any equipment so that doesn't apply
(3401) Disorder (whispering): ahhh ok .. that makes it easy then :)
whispering to Disorder, your equip isn't here, so don't worry about it. what the PCs see when they see you would be nice.
(3495) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 19:47
(3375) Morti: "Why are they covered in seaweed?"
(3401) Disorder (whispering): have we got like 20 mins ( just talking to nate atm)
(3500) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 19:48
(3377) Drenla: Because they're aquatic ogres, Morti.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3500) Rainur Swiftblade...
(3375) Morti: "Eh?"
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3495) Rainur Swiftblade' from room...
(3495) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 19:49
(3377) Drenla: They're merrow. They're ogres who live underwater.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3500) Rainur Swiftblade...
(3375) Morti: "Ok.... still a weird fashion choice though."
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3492) Rainur Swiftblade' from room...
(3492) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 19:50
(3375) Morti: :moving in to inspect the body of the one to the south: "Can they all do that appearing out of nowhere thing?"
(3377) Drenla: I have a feeling that we'll see surprises like that throughout this keep. Be on your guard, friends. And no, ogres can't do that unless they're ogre magi.
(3375) Morti: "Oh..."
(3377) Drenla: These weren't ogre magi.
(3375) Morti: :then looking up to the door supposedly leading to Rhian: "Guess they had help then..."
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3500) Rainur Swiftblade' from room...
(3500) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 19:53
(3377) DM: (Alfred's gone to a bday party)
(3377) Drenla: Probably.
(3375) Morti: (just like that? Damn 36 year olds, just can't take responsibility)
(3401) Disorder (whispering): ok i just called nate and he's going to be on soon hopefully, if open still does't work for him he'll probable tchat to you on yahoo or something
(3375) Morti: "So... are we going in? Or are we just going to stare at the door?" (did I complete my magic detection or even start it before the ogres?)
whispering to Disorder, ok
(3377) DM: (the ogres appeared before you began your magic detection)
(3508) Trayn (enter): 19:56
(3377) DM: (you can do your magic detection now. folks, I need to know what's going on now that there are 3 players left)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (3508) Trayn ...
(3377) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(3380) Trayn ' from room...
(3380) Trayn (exit): 19:56
** (3375) Morti moves forward again, once more beginning his focus (detection for the door and cells beyond if I can) **
whispering to Morti, ok
(3510) Rift (enter): 19:57
(3509) Silverlocke (enter): 19:57
whispering to Morti, Alteration magic on one of the cells. That's it.
(3401) Disorder (whispering): ok it's still not working for him apparently
(3375) Morti: :calls into the cell area: "Rhian, are you still there?"
(3511) Trayn (enter): 19:58
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: Ays, yes, Morti, I am here.
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: There are two others here, both elves.
(1961) Trayn : ((kill the drow scum!))
(1961) Trayn : ((j/k))
(1961) Trayn : "hmmm guest of honor... and mostly abandoned to their fate"
** (1961) Trayn enters cautiously... and engages in conversation with those that he sees **
(1961) Trayn : ((i missed anything before this so if it seems that im insane... its not true))
(1961) Trayn : ((what Rhians talking in Morti's head... aka I shouldnt have heard that?))
(1956) DM: You open the doors. The room inside is a large stone room, damp and cold. There is a faint odor of moldy cheese in the room. 5 individual cell doors stand closed. One of them, to your immediate left, glows with a scintillating aura of multi-colored light.
(1961) Trayn : was
(1956) DM: Each of them has barred windows.
(1956) DM: (you heard her voice)
** (1961) Trayn tries to acertain the contents within.. leaving the light for last **
(1956) DM: (She wasn't talking in Morti's head. LOL)
(1959) Git: (woah, that's a lotta text just came up...)
(1961) Trayn : ((you never know with Morti))
** (1959) Git grabs Trayn before he enters too far, calling to Rhian once more, "Can the other two please answer us" **
** (1961) Trayn allows this **
** (1956) Rhian Aes Sedai comes up to her cell door, the one with the multi-colored aura. **
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: As ye can see, I am here. There is however something ye must know if ye are to free me.
(1959) Git: :moves in to whisper to Trayn, "That cell.. I feel magic"
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1960) Rift...
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1958) Disorder...
(1959) Git: :gripping his staff: "What's that?"
(1959) Git: (as in what's that we should know)
(1961) Trayn : "yes please tell us..."
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: The key to this cell is not a key as in an item, but rather a specific condition that ye must fulfill. Ye must slay Vladizier in order for me to be freed. However, if ye do so, I will be stripped of my magicka.
(1958) Disorder (whispering): do i know how i got here or where i am ?
(1961) Trayn : "Alight I understand that... overall"
(1959) Git: "Is that the only way to open it?" :asks while looking around to the other cells:
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: There is however an alternate condition. However, I shall not say what this is due to the fact that even now, ye are being scried upon. (indicates the floating ghost eyes above you)
(1961) Trayn : "the death of Vladizier will cause this magic light... which has you imprisoned to strip you of your magic"
whispering to Disorder, you were on a merchant ship that was destroyed when a band of aquatic ogres and koalinth happened on the ship and attacked. you and Nate's PC barely escaped and came upon this island. you were captured by the island's residents and placed in a cells
whispering to Disorder, the residents of the island are a mage named Vladizier and an alchemist named Nastisha.
(1959) Git: "So, this is really you.. Rhian? Your soul returned?"
(1961) Trayn : "hmmm yes it would be better to prove yourself to us"
whispering to Disorder, they have a dvergr servant named Bulghvus. At certain times, you've felt the strange feeling of being spied upon but you're unsure where this is coming from
(1961) Trayn : "when we spoke of coming here... to rescue your sister..."
(1961) Trayn : "you had us ask questions...this is Trayn... which question did I ask?"
(1961) Trayn (whispering): where her sister would be found below middle or high above in the tower/castle
(1961) Trayn (whispering): was the question
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: I don't understand. Why would I have to prove myself?
(1959) Git: (was the magic from the cell itself or something with in. COuld I tell?)
(1961) Trayn (whispering): and that isnt coming true btw
(1961) Trayn : "because I am an untrusting sort"
(1961) Trayn (whispering): thats a fib actually
(1961) Trayn : "and require proof of your identity... you could be an agent of or even vladizier in disquise
(1959) Git: "Sorry... Guess we're just a little surprised to finally meet you." :strolls carefully into the room, looking to Rhian curioously:
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: (the magic surrounds the cell, both the front and back as well as the ceiling and floor)
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: Ah, I see. I understand.
(1961) Trayn : ((man that makes for difficult toilet accomodations))
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: Ye wish for me to verify my identity. I too, were I a less trusting sort than I am. (glancing at the eyes above)
(1961) Trayn : ((ha that means the sides are still available!... j/k))
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: Listen then, priest of the Lightwalker:
(1959) Git: :head cocks as he looks her over thoughfully:
(1962) Silverlocke (enter): 20:29
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: I said: "To give you a bit of direction, since you asked for it, here is one piece of the puzzle: "My sister lies inside a wizard's castle on an islad far to the south of Wylund, near the pirate holds known as Vesicant and Scrape. Where, I know not exactly."
(1958) Disorder (whispering): brb
(1962) Silverlocke (exit): 20:30
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: I also said, you do not have a great deal of time, and yet you have as much time as you need. Her life is not in danger yet...but it may be very soon. Her spells are such that the wizard who holds her in thrall has yet to pierce her warding cage, and yet with each passing day, her will grows weaker and weaker. Ye have known why I grow weaker, as my sister in Tolmara has told ye.
(1961) Trayn : "yes... this rings true"
(1961) Trayn : "well since these eyes see and hear much"
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: I said that your road will take you to the city of Highkeep from where you may be able to procure a ship that will take you there. You may venture there of your own accord, but you may if you wish, also cultivate the knowledge of my captors. Or ye may find that you have paths open to ye that even I cannot foresee.
(1961) Trayn : "maybe getting directions to your nemesis at this time would not be to difficult or hazardous"
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: They can only see. They cannot hear. However, I know that Vladizier can read lips. So it would be better if I did not say more than I should.
(1959) Git: :Grinning hopefully, he steps toward the cage offering a humble bow: "I'm satisfied... It's good to finally meet you miss Rhian"
whispering to Git, change this to Morti pls
(1961) Trayn : "hmm covering your mouth or putting a sack over your head may defeat that"
(1959) Git: ::blinks: "But uh... can reading lips..." :raises his scarf to recover his mouth: "Really be such a benefit?"
(1959) Git: (didn't notice it changed to Git.....)
(1961) Trayn : ((reverts to last time it was officially ended not crashed))
(1960) Rift (whispering): also cause me an dunc were on the same ship im assuming we sort of know each other, from the ship, are we in the same cell? an how long have we been here?
(1959) Morti: (musta happened when I restarted open)
whispering to Morti, Rhian (speaking inside your head): there is a way to free me but it is significantly more dangerous. Ye must find and break Vladizier's staff, which is the focus of his power. Doing so will claim the lives of one of your companions.
(1961) Trayn : "regardless... we hope to free you soon"
(1961) Trayn : "let us... depart and seek your unjust captor"
(1959) Morti: :grimaces, and answers back through the scarf to the mental message: "Well... forget that idea"
whispering to Morti, Rhian: however, the sacrifice will not be in vain, for I shall personally see to your companion's ressurection.
whispering to Rift, different cells.
(1987) PythonyTJM (enter): 20:40
whispering to Rift, two weeks (about 18 days)
(1959) Morti: :shaking head: "I still don't know if it's such a good idea"
(1987) PythonyTJM (exit): 20:40
(1959) Morti: :Mouth covered: "The one who breaks it is destroyed or whoever's near it?"
whispering to Morti, Rhian: the one who breaks it will sacrifice his life for mine, for I am nothing without the ability to embrace the One Power.
(1992) Trayn (enter): 20:43
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (1992) Trayn ...
(1956) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(1961) Trayn ' from room...
(1961) Trayn (exit): 20:44
(1959) Morti: :grimly: "Power isn't everything"
whispering to Morti, I cannot continue communicating in this manner. I am growing weak yet again.
(1992) Trayn : "certainly not"
whispering to Morti, Ye misunderstand, Morti. The One Power is my magicka.
(1959) Morti: "THen put your hand over your mouth and talk"
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: Out of the mouths of babes. (chuckles)
(1958) Evarian (whispering): how long have i been captive ?
** (1956) Rhian Aes Sedai puts her hand over her mouth as she speaks **
whispering to Evarian, scroll above
(1959) Morti: "I hear that a lot"
(1959) Morti: :covering his mouth still with his scarf: "Niw explain to them"
(1959) Morti: now*
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: Let me make something clear, Morti. The One Power is what we Aes Sedai refer to as the source of our magicka. It is the True Source, the path from which our magicka flows. Without the ability to embrace the One Power, I am nothing.
(1959) Morti: "You'll die without it?"
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: Vladizier is a Darkfriend, a mage who has given himself over to Shai'tan, The Dark One. Even now, he works to undo the last warding spell that he has placed on my cage. The aura surrounding my cell is his way to ensure that even if he is slain by ye, he shall have his revenge by stripping me of the ability to cast spells.
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: If ye slay him, I will be unable to cast spells or otherwise embrace the Source.
(1959) Morti: :sourly: "ANd if one of us breaks the staff.. we die"
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: However, there is a second, albeit more dangerous way. A way that calls for true heroism from one of you. Ye must find and seek Vladizier's staff, the source and focus of his power. Vladizier is an artifice-mage who delights in constructing servants and items to do his bidding -- and often places a bit of himself in the item's construction. Seek and break the staff. Doing this will claim the lives of one of your companions...and in doing so, ye will sacrifice your life for mine.
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: But, your sacrifice will not be in vain, for I shall personally see to that person's ressurection.
(1992) Trayn : ((excellent we can do that.. I vote for Evarian to do it))
(1958) Evarian (whispering): ok nate just told me 18 days .. and a question ... there's 10 days in a week right ?
whispering to Evarian, yes
(1960) Rift: ((i second that))
(1956) TaliesinNYC: (LOL)
(1958) Evarian: (( ooh i get to die already .. damn i'm good :p )
(1959) Morti: (yeah, take one for the team)
(1958) Evarian: (hehe))
(1960) Rift (whispering): brb a quick lunch dont introduce us for 5-10 mins plz :P
** (1958) Evarian is watching the exchange from his cell. **
(1992) Trayn : "hmm is the loss of your magic worth someone dying for?"
(1959) Morti: "Sorry, but I can't.... it would hurt Moiraine." :pets the kitten on his shoulder:
(1992) Trayn : "surely your life is not just about your magic.. your connection to the one source of magic"
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: I tell you now that long ago, a prophecy was woven that is now being fulfilled. Your presence is proof of this foretelling. There is more that you must know, but this certain circumstances (pointing to the eyes above and the cage that surrounds her) prevent me from revealing more.
(1992) Trayn : ((anyone that relies on our sorry asses to get them out of a wringer like this deserves to lose her magic))
(1992) Trayn : ; )
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: The loss of the ability to embrace the Source means that my life as an Aes Sedai is over. Think of it, priest of Solnor. Would ye be a priest without your god? Would ye be a sorcerer without your magicka? Would Je'rar be a warrior without an arm?
(1992) Trayn : "I would still be devoted to my god,, without the use of magic"
(1992) Trayn : "I have mundane healing skills"
(1996) Tarkin (enter): 20:58
(1992) Trayn : "I have the knowledge to help others reach faith within themselves"
(1959) Morti: "I'd still be alive... I could live without magicka."
(1992) Trayn : "my duty to the people would not lessen"
(1998) Rebecca (R3634) (enter): 20:59
(1960) Rift (whispering): ok back
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: This is truly said. But this is the fate with which ye are dealt. Ye may unlock this cage, but I cannot step out. Ye may slay Vlaidizier and I will be free, but the Dark One will have won at least a minor battle. Or ye may break his staff and sacrifice a life to release a life. You have no Fate but the Fate you are given.
(1998) Rebecca (R3634) (whispering): scot?
whispering to Rebecca (R3634), huh?
(1992) Trayn : "well... we will do one or the other"
(1992) Trayn : "regardless you will be free"
(1959) Morti: :groans through his mask: "Do you know where the staff might be?"
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: And for this, I humbly thank you. (bows her head)
(1998) Rebecca (R3634) (whispering): whrng room?
(1992) Trayn : ((any stray bowel movements from the other cells?))
(1956) Rhian Aes Sedai: It lies in Vladizier's study.
(1992) Trayn : ((to alert us to precences... other than stinky cheese?))
(1998) Rebecca (R3634) (exit): 21:03
(1992) Trayn : ((thats really someones feet right?))
(1958) Evarian: ((i'm just watching what's going on from my cell door .. looking through the window))
(1956) DM: (LOL. Evarian and Raevanain, that's your cue.)
(1960) Raevanain: ((im just sitting in my cell not really caring lol))
** (1958) Evarian looks to the group " My name is Evarian Tharandil, if you can see to my release i will aid you in whatever way i can" **
(1996) Tarkin (exit): 21:05
(1956) DM: You glance in the other two cells, and see two elves, both dirty, unwashed and garbed in ragged clothing. One of them is staring at your group, especially Rhian.
(1959) Morti: "Eh?" :looks over to the suddenly vocal stranger:
(1954) Croz (exit): 21:05
(1992) Trayn : "and you are?"
(1960) Raevanain: "a prisoner obviously"
(1992) Trayn : "you know Rhian.. or just wish to return justice to your captor?"
(1959) Morti: :turning to the other prisoners: "How did you two get here?"
(1960) Raevanain: ((the cells have doors or bars?))
(1958) Evarian: "A merchant ship that we were travelling on was attacked by a band of aquatic ogres and koalinth ... Raevanain and i barely managed to get to this island with our lives"
(1960) Raevanain: "and what a wonderful life thats become"
(1958) Evarian: "We were taken captive and have now been held here for nearly 2 weeks"
(1992) Trayn : "Justice then.... I admire that... and I shall allow you to pursue it with us"
** (1992) Trayn looks to free the elven men **
** (1960) Raevanain chuckles softly **
(1956) DM: (wooden doors with barred windows)
(1956) DM: (hardly any food other than a bowl of watery porridge and dried fish, twice a day)
(1960) Raevanain (whispering): do we have to work out our equipment this session?
** (1992) Trayn undoes the door restraint **
whispering to Raevanain, your equipment is elsewhere in the keep, so no
(1960) Raevanain (whispering): phew
whispering to Raevanain, should have some basic idea of what you have though
(1960) Raevanain (whispering): ya
whispering to Raevanain, we can create the PC later, no worries
whispering to Raevanain, I just wanted to get things moving
(1960) Raevanain (whispering): understood
(2004) Shadowbane (enter): 21:12
(1883)

Poison1043

(enter): 21:12
(1956) DM: ((OOC: I just wanted to get things moving. Evarian and Raevanain have no stats, no equipment, nothing. At this point, they're just warm bodies. FYI))
(1959) Morti: (crap, I gtg. Exergency)
(2004) Shadowbane (whispering): am i in this game?
(1966) Je'rar: "Well.. its always nice to be able to help an elf.. one of the few peoples who are about the land as much as my own do"
** (1992) Trayn will look over their health and provide some food **
(1966) Je'rar: *who care about the land
(1992) Trayn : ((and looking at the time.. i need to go as well))
whispering to Shadowbane, why would you be in this game?
(1960) Raevanain: ((we are in rags and underfed id hardly say we are 'warm' bodies))
(1956) DM: (might as well stop then)

 


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms