Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
4 users online
2 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: Aaroninfig, Joshuatwern


Back to Damrosil Logs
(2) DM: so do we need a recap or are we all set

(2) DM: so do we need a recap or are we all set?
(2) TaliesinNYC (whispering): ok
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: I'm ok
(8) Kyla: I never remember anything usefull anyway
(9) Je'rar: ok
(7) Trayn : ((i was thinking we were going to time/space warp))
(7) Trayn : ((per posting))
(2) DM: After the events of last session, you had been told by Drenla to prepare for a long journey, so one day's rest was probably taken before The Magister teleported the party to Griffonsmere.
(2) DM: I'll assume that you've taken whatever needed taking care of during that time.
(9) Je'rar: (got my mgihty composite bow 8O) )
(9) Je'rar: **mighty
(8) Kyla: ((foor a 8 str even...))
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: (Rainur after being told that he will be apon a large lake, purchased hooks, skin for lures, string, etc)
(2) DM: ((Kyla, pls send me a node with your char on it))
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: (It is all for freshwater since he has never been on the ocean))
(8) Kyla: ((ok))
** (7) Trayn now clanks/carries around in a decent set of plate mail armor **
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: (he has also asked about the large lake and tried to learn about it before being teleported)
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn, is that you in there?"
(2) Drenla: It's not a lake, but ye can think of it as such if ye wish.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "tha is all I can compare it to"
(2) Drenla: (coolly)
(2) Drenla: Well, when ye see it, I'm sure even ye will be amazed. (coolly)
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "for I have never seen this ...sea"
(9) Je'rar: "Hmmm.. I can practice up on my bow-fishing"
** (9) Je'rar smiles at the thought **
(2) Drenla: One sea among many.
(7) Trayn : "it is... with our new funds I was able to buy some quality armorments"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Je'rar ...I am told that there are fish that can wight over 1000 stones...and the water is deeper than any lake"
(9) Je'rar: "Aye, but with my new bow here, I can hurt the bigger fish much more effectively"
(2) Drenla: Oh, and a word of advice: did ye see how the people of other towns react when they saw Morti and I as wizards? Be prepared for the same reaction when they see ye. (to Rainur and Je'rar)
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::chuckles:: "Aye ye are starting to look like a paladin, my friend"
(9) Je'rar: "Bah! No doferently than I reacted the first time I saw ye"
(9) Je'rar: *no differently
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well I am learning and will hopefully look more civilized like..."
(9) Je'rar: "I'm not saying I like all you wizardly types,mind you..but you two guys seem ok"
(2) Drenla: I'm sure even the mighty disciple of the god of windbags can weather that particular storm.
(9) Je'rar: (that,coming from Je'rar , is quite the compliment)
** (8) Kyla doubles over laughing **
** (9) Je'rar stifles a laugh **
(8) Kyla: "Sorry."
(9) Je'rar: "Now Drenla.. show the man some respect,will ya'?"
(9) Je'rar: "Him and I have put our necks on the line for you more than once... not a decision I want to regret having made"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur seems to be caught up in thought and occasionally in his muttering you hear the name Tamuril as he looks at a keepsake::
(9) Je'rar: "Hey Rainur?"
(9) Je'rar: "I'd been thinking about what I want to do with my life, besides killing monsters and stuff..."
(2) Drenla: I heard nothing. (coolly)
(9) Je'rar: "I always thought that when I returned to my people I would enjoy being a chieftain,perhaps..."
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Did you say something Je'rar?"
(9) Je'rar: "I always thought, ..Rainur..,that when I got back to my peoples, I'd be happy to become a chieftain perhaps..."
(9) Je'rar: "but after having seen what I already have seen.. I'm thinking on a larger scale"
(7) Trayn : "well I'm already doing what I am destined to do"
(8) Kyla: "Why would you want to take a position that gives no freedom at all?"
(7) Trayn : "if returning to you people is what you wish... I hope you do so"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Being Khan is a good thing perhaps, but it bears many responsibilites. "
(9) Je'rar: "I think that my people, and all the wild and free people of the hills and the plains and te mountains...
(9) Je'rar: but yes, I'm thinking that we all need to band together if we are to successfully drive of this shithead guy"
(7) Trayn : "we all have duties to perform"
(9) Je'rar: "I'm going to hone my skills and hbecome Khan"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "May you serve your people well"
(8) Kyla: "you don;t need to take on the prison of being King, Khan, or whatever teh local term for it is to help your people."
(9) Je'rar: "I never believed in that whole destined thing.. I'm going to be as strong of body and mind as i am of will, and crave out my own destiny,my brother"
(9) Je'rar: *and carve o ut
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "May it be the will of the War Father"
(9) Je'rar: "It's not just for my people, Kyla"
(9) Je'rar: "Its for all the people of this land"
(8) Kyla: "and taht's why you shouldn't be thinking of doing it."
(9) Je'rar: "Indeed, may the warfather see fit to lend me his many blessings"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur walks away to find some peace::
(2) Drenla: May it be the will of the War Father that ye do nothing during the casting of the transport spell for it to go awry. (muttering)
(8) Kyla: "It should be a responsibility handed to you without your asking for it, or you will be corrupted y it."
(9) Je'rar: "No Kyla, thats exactly why I should be thinking of it; sometimes, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one man"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::he looks concerned::
(9) Je'rar: "Are you well, Rainur? You look.. a bit uneasy"
(8) Kyla: "The needs of the many always out weigh the needs of the one, but the reason behind your thoughts is not a good reason to be Khan."
(9) Je'rar: "And what makes you the expert on my thoughts?"
(8) Kyla: "same thing that makes you an expert on what's best for your people. Nothing."
** (9) Je'rar gives Kyla an uneasy stare **
(9) Je'rar: "And I suppose you know imore?"
(8) Kyla: "how do you know what they need vs what they want, adn should or should not have?"
(7) Trayn : "ah please... lets not create bickering"
(8) Kyla: "Not at all, I have no desire to rule, it's a thankless nightmare of being in a very nice prison."
(7) Trayn : "if you must fight.. stay with the existing topics"
(9) Je'rar: "How do you think it feels to always have all the other so-called civilized people laughing at your way of life? What do you know of hardship? What do you know of all the stupid internal bickerings of the clans.. I grow weary of it all, and the only solution ois for a man to become khan; I have much to do before I can wear that mantle;
(9) Je'rar: I intend to use my time well ,and learn what Iis needed of me to better fulfill that title"
(8) Kyla: "good, do what you must to help, but not to be Khan your self, do what you believe must be done because you think it dneeds doing. Not to get the position of Khan."
** (7) Trayn sighs and asks for patience for his friends along with himself **
(9) Je'rar: "And Kyla? The only prison thee is is the one that you make for yourself.. I don't think of it as a prison at all, of any sort"
(10) Heirno (enter): 13:57
(8) Kyla: "If they choose you to be khan, then good luck to you, but don't go trying tfor the position."
(9) Je'rar: "Gah why do I bother talking with you? Its not something you get elected to; and it's not something I'm doing to get the position, but exactly because it needs doing"
** (9) Je'rar walks off to one side, obviously ending the discussion **
(8) Kyla: "your freedom to act will be restricted to only what's in the best interest of your people, so no more walking through the market, you can't let assassination attempts be that easy, no more personal life, I could go on, but you should understand."
(10) Heirno (exit): 13:58
(9) Je'rar: *clearly ending the discussion
** (8) Kyla nods **
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: Je'rar, let me read something that my love, who is no longer with me wrote to me:
** (9) Je'rar stops,turns to listen to what Rainur has to say **
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: When the morning breeze comes and her breath fills the trees,
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: I see your face my love, as I open mine.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: A star always shines in this hour, this awakening,
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: As we wish each other that our paths shall be green and the breeze,
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: that warm breeze, blows gently on our backs to fill our day with happiness until we return to each
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: others arms at the end of the day.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: I never saw her again...point is, it is good to plan your fate, but enjoy what you have now, for it may be gone tomorrow.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: It is much more meaningful in Star Elven
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: but you get the point
(9) Je'rar: "Aye..and why else do you see me walk with a swagger in my step,always ready to enjoy a good mug of ale,reveling in my adventures?"
** (9) Je'rar smiles softly **
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: Goos
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: good
(8) Kyla: "Thank you Renier, that is most helpfull."
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::with renewed satisfaction:: "I am ready to see this ocean..."
(9) Je'rar: "Well guys, on to the task at hand,hm?"
(7) Trayn : "yes please.. lets focus"
(2) DM: (the morning of the next day)
(2) DM: You're all assembled in the audience chamber of the Diamond Citadel in Tolmara.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Good day my lords..."
(2) The Magister: I assume you've managed to settle your business?
** (7) Trayn looks quite stunning, prim, proper... but manages to not look proud **
(13) Git (enter): 14:06
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, what can be settled here" ::smiles::
** (9) Je'rar maintains an air of solemn dignity,knowing all too well what kinds of horrors may well lie in store for them only all too soon from now **
(2) The Magister: Very good. Before we begin, permit me to introduce someone that is very interested in hearing your tale regarding the witch named Rhian. This is Brehanna Aes Sedai, the ambassador plentipotentiary from Nith'Tar Valon.
(9) Je'rar: "Lady Brehanna"
** (9) Je'rar bows to the lady **
(13) Git: Disconnecting from server...
(13) Git (exit): 14:08
(7) Trayn : "greetings from one of Solnor Lady"
** (7) Trayn also greets her **
** (2) The Magister indicates an empty throne atop a pillar of ruby, and in a few seconds, appears a willowy human woman with hair the color of straw flax, in a simple white robe with a green sash around her waist. **
(9) Je'rar: "Lady Brehanna.. before we head out, there is one thing I must ask"
(2) DM: Appearing at the foot of the throne is a half star elf, dressed simply in leather armor with an air of poise yet silent menace.
(2) The Magister: And this is Sevarin Moonglade, her Warder.
(9) Je'rar: "How will we know for sure that it is Rhian's sister when we rescue her from her captivity?"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur is silent
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Ye need not call me lady, friends. Brehanna will do nicely.
** (8) Kyla subtly curtseys to the Warder **
(9) Je'rar: "Greetings,Sevarin"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::bows to both::
(9) Je'rar: "Very well then..Brehanna..does Rhian's sister have a name? Describe her so that we may know for sure we have the right person when we go to set her free"
** (2) Brehanna acknowledges the courtesies. **
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Rhian does not have a sister. Ye are going to rescue Rhian.
(9) Je'rar: "?"
(9) Je'rar: "I..but I thought..I thought she was lost to us.. to me..."
(7) Trayn : "huh? how strange"
** (2) Brehanna smiles gently **
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::catches Rainurs attention::
** (2) Brehanna glances at The Magister, who nods imperceptibly. **
(9) Je'rar: "Then time's a-wasting; I swore to her I'd do all I could to protect her.. I failed her once, I will not settle for failing a second time"
** (9) Je'rar stands stiffly,firmly resolute **
(7) Trayn : "so she knew she would be in this trouble"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: My sister, Rhian, was experimenting with a certain talent that we Aes Sedai have recently uncovered in cooperation with wizards of your world.
(7) Trayn : "how very brave of her..."
(7) Trayn : "as if i didnt respect her greatly already... it has grown even more"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: This talent allows us to reach back in time a short distance in order to procure help when we need it most. However, this comes at a price.
(9) Je'rar: "And?"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Each occasion a spell is cast using this talent, an amount of time equal to tenfold that which was "reached" is stripped from the caster's lifespan. In effect, the magicka ages ye unnaturally.
(8) Kyla: "Is it possible for someone other than the caster to take on the unnatural ageing?"
(9) Je'rar: "So what has this to do with Rhian?"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: (gravely) So, if as The Magister has said, she has appeared at least twice now, then she must be in dire need which is precisely why time is of the essence. Ye cannot be distracted further once ye are ported to Griffonsmere.
(7) Trayn : "then we shall not"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye then we shall go onward to help her regain her freedom"
(9) Je'rar: "tthen please, please.. show us the single-most direct route to her..with any and all obstacles, both known and suspected"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: In plain terms, barbarian, my sister mage has reached back in time to summon aid, and the magicka has exacted a high price each time she has cast it. I wish I had been made aware of this sooner, but now is not the time for idle wishes.
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: That is the problem....I only have a few leads and none of them are very promising.
(9) Je'rar: "It is not an idle wish; the more we know what's in the way and what to expect, the quicker we can reach her"
(9) Je'rar: "Then share with us all you do have"
** (2) Sevarin peers at Je'rar, and leans back on the pillar, observing. **
(9) Je'rar: "We need a quick council to decide the best course of action"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Ye have heard of the Twelve Swords of Power, have ye not?
** (9) Je'rar looks at his fellow party members **
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye... we have heard the tale"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: No? I see ye have not.
(7) Trayn : "I have"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Ah, so ye have.
(9) Je'rar: "We all act in unison, no fighting or arguing between us.. none"
(9) Je'rar: "I'm familiar with it.."
(9) Je'rar: ^ to Brehanna
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "How does this come to play here with Rhian?"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: The Swords are known by many names, and although they are most often seen by people as ways to acquire power, wealth or magicka, or some combination thereof, they are in fact powerful items to be used in tandem with preparation for Tarmon Gai'don, or the last battle against the Shadow.
** (2) Brehanna holds up a hand against Rainur **
(9) Je'rar (whispering): I don't remember the story of the swords very well though you ?
(2) Sevarin Moonglade: Ye must have patience, barbarian. This will be explained in time.
whispering to Je'rar, well i've gotten them from the friday game as well so... i know it
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye we have had a taste of this evil"
(9) Je'rar: "Not now, my brother, let the lady speak her piece so we may hear it all in full"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: When these items were created, they were hidden throughout this world so that those who were worthy could find them and wield them when the moment was right. Unfortunately, as is often the case with things of great power, mortal curiosity has set in and so these weapons are greatly coveted by people not involved with the battle against the Shadow.
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: I believe ye know one of these Swords, Rainur. A legend is spoken amongst your people, the Ulu'taari, of wielding the Sword of Honor before becoming Kha-han.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye my lady, it is true"
(14) Morfin (enter): 14:30
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: There are other legends, but they were put into place so that only worthy individuals would find them and use them when the time was right. I reveal to ye now this truth, Rainur, so that when the time comes -- if in fact it is the will of your god (smiles wryly) that ye find the Sword, then may ye be prepared.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "No one has been able to wield this blade for years"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Not only that, but no one has been able to FIND the Sword for lo, these many years.
(14) Morfin (exit): 14:31
(9) Je'rar: "Fear not my brother; I shall, withthe blessings of the warFather, become the next man deemed worthy enough to become Khan"
** (8) Kyla stiffens **
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: So now, I come to my tale. Rhian, my sister mage -- she is a sister as we Aes Sedai are all sisters in the One Power -- was sent on a mission to investigate a rumor regarding the Sword known as "Dragonslicer", otherwise known as the Sword of Heroes.
(9) Je'rar: "The Sword of Heroes?"
** (9) Je'rar is in deep concentraion,trying to remember the story of the swords **
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: All we know is that when she reached Griffonsmere, shortly after reaching her contact, a merchant named Tarth, she disappeared. Her Warder was found slain shortly after her disappearance, his head decapitated.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Tarth? "
(9) Je'rar: "Ok..so Tarth is our first lead; you said there are others..."
(2) Sevarin Moonglade: Ays, the Sword of Heroes. Legend has it that when used against a drake or a wyrm, it enables even the weakest fighter to overcome a drake of immense size and power.
(2) The Magister: Ye already know this merchant, from your encounter with him and his brethren, from before.
(2) Drenla: What ye do not know is that Tarth is a mage of great skill.
(9) Je'rar: "Aye"
(9) Je'rar: "okay..and?"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Utinu en lokirim!
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Patience, barbarian.
(8) Kyla: "Are any of theese swords of power in places they shouldn't be?"
(9) Je'rar: "Sorry,lad-.. Brehanna"
(7) Trayn : "and has Rhian taken any interest into any of the swords?"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Shortly after Rhian's disappearance, I did what I could to learn of the circumstances surrounding her fate, and I learned that a Darkfriend named Vladizier had taken up residence on an abandoned magekeep on Cragrapid Island, not too far to the southwest of Griffonsmere. A Darkfriend, friends, is a person that has given himself wholly to the Shadow. A dangerous person indeed in ways ye cannot imagine.
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: I have determined that this Vladizier is an artifice-mage who is also interested in divining the location of any Sword, but which Sword I am unsure.
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: It could be that somehow, Rhian was taken by force and is now held in captivity.
(9) Je'rar: "Hmm.. what can you tell us about this..Darkfriend that we may need to know ?"
(15) Morti (enter): 14:42
(15) Morti: (hoi hoi)
(9) Je'rar: (Huzzah! Huzzah! Here's the man of the half-hour :P )
(15) Morti: (whazah? I miss something?)
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: I also know that she was held in captivity under your very nose this entire time.
** (9) Je'rar bristles upon hearing that **
(9) Je'rar: "....."
(2) Drenla: If ye recall that silver coffer and how ye were unable to determine exactly what was inside?
(9) Je'rar: "Her soul...?"
(7) Trayn : "yes we do..."
(15) Morti: (could someone bring me up to speed?)
(2) Drenla: I too was curious for I detected magickal emanations both of which were intensely magical but could not be accounted for with my spells. I have since determined that it was a sang'real (an item infused with the One Power) that held Rhian in captivity, although she did manage to project part of herself out of her prison...how I do not know.
** (9) Je'rar is now obviously upset ..and yet, somehow,managing to maintain his sense of self-control **
(7) Trayn : ((we suck and Stan is playing headgames.... big news flash))
(7) Trayn : ((you are now up to speed))
(15) Morti: "But... wasn't the silver coffer with Quyjanoth? Why would he have Rhian's soul?"
(8) Kyla: ((that's about accurate.))
(7) Trayn : "perhaps she designed this scenario herself"
(8) Kyla: "Are you projecting from the future yourself now?"
(7) Trayn : "she seeks to place herself in a location unsuspected by her opponents"
(2) Drenla: The timeline as Brehanna and I have managed to piece together is that she -- Rhian -- went to Griffonsmere, encountered Tarth, was taken into captivity -- Tarth and his bodyguards or cronies went from Griffonsmere to the Fhaard -- where I had been stationed -- and the rest ye know.
(15) Morti: 0.o "Eh?"
(15) Morti: :scratching his head, offers honestly to Drenla: "Apparently, I don't know a thing."
(9) Je'rar: "Tarth isn't gonig to be able to cast much magic at us when I run this blade through his chest..."
(8) Kyla: ((they found a life sucking way to take short trips to the past, I'm wondering if she's doing such while talking to us."
(9) Je'rar: *gisn't going
(9) Je'rar: bah to typos :P
(8) Kyla: ((lol))
(15) Morti (whispering): (GW): someone's talking to us from the future?
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: As for the Swords, lady (to Kyla), some of their locations are unknown even to we Aes Sedai.
(9) Je'rar: .
(15) Morti (whispering): (GW): Rhian's from the future now?
whispering to Morti, hold on...
whispering to Morti, yeah Rhian has been doing that
(9) Je'rar: her
(2) DM: (Ok? Just want to clarify now that everyone is here)
(2) DM: (Time out for a minute)
(2) TaliesinNYC: Lots of things happened before the campaign started, so I'm bringing you up to speed.
(2) TaliesinNYC: Look up at the map above to help you
(2) TaliesinNYC: You should see a map of Wylund above.
(15) Morti (whispering): (GW): geez, this chicks mental.
(15) Morti: yep, that's a map
(2) TaliesinNYC: Rhian and her Warder go to Griffonsmere. They meet Tarth.
(2) TaliesinNYC: She disappears shortly thereafter and he's killed somehow.
(15) Morti: ok
(9) Je'rar: and we met her not far from wintershivven
(2) TaliesinNYC: Tarth and the other two merchants then go from Griffonsmere to the Fhaard where they meet you.
(2) TaliesinNYC: right.
(2) TaliesinNYC: Somehow, while at that point, she manages to project herself into the past so that she won't be detected by the merchants EVEN though Tarth holds her in captivity.
(15) Morti: eh?
(9) Je'rar: and there we have it; I just knew I was going to kill that guy
(2) TaliesinNYC: there's a Twilight Zone episode where a guy travels one minute into the future and he's one minute ahead of everyone else. No one can see him of course, but he can see everyone else as they perpetually catch up to him
(2) TaliesinNYC: this works on the same principle except in reverse
(15) Morti: ooo.....kkk
(2) TaliesinNYC: Rhian was projecting into the past. She had already been captured, but she needed a way to get out of her prison without being noticed.
(15) Morti: so she's a minute behind us?
(2) TaliesinNYC: If you go back on all the logs, the merchants never notice her or talk to her.
(9) Je'rar: doorbell..brb
(2) TaliesinNYC: don't worry about it.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: (I'm clear)
(15) Morti: and her soul is trapped in the silver coffer?
(2) TaliesinNYC: That silver coffer was her prison all along. She was under your noses all along, and not even Drenla could figure it out.
(15) Morti: gotcha.... and who's imprisoned on that island somewhere? Rainur said she didn't have a sister and we were trying to save her
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: (So we gotta find this bastard)
(2) TaliesinNYC: Now that silver coffer has been given over to Vladizier. Brehanna doesn't know where this island is, but Andura (whom The Magister told you about last session) does.
(15) Morti: who's vladizier?
(2) TaliesinNYC: Rhian is imprisoned on that island
(15) Morti: (gotcha... and any answer why Quyjanoth had the coffer?)
(2) TaliesinNYC: everyone got that? explain to Lunauc
(2) TaliesinNYC: two different coffers
(15) Morti: (we had two?)
(2) TaliesinNYC: (yes, Lunauc)
(15) Morti: (oh....)
(2) TaliesinNYC: (if you read the first log from Session 1, they have a silver coffer
(2) TaliesinNYC: and I remember Rainur trying to get a peek into the coffer several times
(2) TaliesinNYC: of course, he fails, don't you, Rainur?
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, yes
(15) Morti: (oh, yeah, they were transporting it)
whispering to Morti, we just found about about Vladizier just this session
(2) TaliesinNYC: Is everyone clear? I know this game gets confusing sometimes
(15) Morti: (there's an understatement)
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Brehanna, if that is all the knowledge you can give us then we must make haste!"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "We must end her captivity and unbind her"
(2) DM: (Morti, the silver coffer Q had was already identified)
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "How do we free her once we have the coffer?"
(15) Morti: (ok then)
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: I think she will already have been freed.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "but held captive on that island corect?
(16) Ornsh (enter): 15:04
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: Ays.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Then, Magister, with your grace, send us to what is our fate...."
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "It has been a pleasure, Brehanna"
(7) Trayn : "yes... delay not..."
(2) DM: Rhian's words come unbidden to you: "We shall meet again. This is but the second meeting of three." (shortly before she died in the chamber with the myrdraal)
(8) Kyla: "Are you from our future?"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: (perplexed) No, of course not.
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: That is a talent known to very few of my sisters, of which Rhian is one.
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: My talents have to do with preparation for Tarmon Gai'don, not for timetravelling. (frowns)
(15) Morti: "Does that talent have something to do with why she was captured?"
(2) Brehanna Aes Sedai: It's a distinct possibility, lad.
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: Magister, please let my mother Heidara know that I am alive and well if ye see her, many thanks"
** (2) The Magister nods **
(2) The Magister: Form a circle.
(15) Morti: :to the magister: "Is it time for the chicken dance?"
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur looks uneasy but acts as if he has been teleported before::
(2) The Magister: During the spell, it is important that ye do NOT do anything that would cause the spell to go awry. Don't even scratch an itch.
(15) Morti: :gulp:
(7) Trayn : "certianly"
** (7) Trayn joins up and looks sternly at those that are trivializing this **
** (15) Morti steps up to his spot in the circle **
** (9) Je'rar goes to form his part of the circle **
** (9) Je'rar then makes like a statue **
(15) Morti: "Wait!" :takes a moment to furiously scratch at his arms, stomache, back and and head, apparently getting it out of the way before rejoining the circle: "Okay, I'm ready"
(8) Kyla: "am I going too?"
(9) Je'rar: a look of grim determination croses his face,then dissolves into a casual smile as the inacantation is under way,making thatthe last thing the council ses
(15) Morti: :to Kyla: "Don't you want to come with us?"
(16) Ornsh (exit): 15:14
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ed'i'ear ar' elenea!"
(8) Kyla: "Someone needs to keep order."
** (8) Kyla finds a spot in the circle **
(7) Trayn : "I will"
** (7) Trayn start giving firm orders to those that are coming **
** (15) Morti smiles to Kyla with his new blue and white striped scarf. "Oh by the way." :holds out the scarf she leant him, "Thanks for letting me borrow it" **
(8) Kyla: "Your welcome."
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: ::to Kyla:: "The armor suits you well"
** (15) Morti is wearing a new ensemble of somewhat oversized clothing, Morti wears a loose white linen shirt tucked into a bulky iron bracers near the elbow and a pair of slightly baggy navy blue water-resistant wool breeches at the waist held up by a thin leather belt, holding his spell component pouch and bolt case to either hip, and a pair of thicker suspenders. Then pulled over his new Boots of Levitation, he's opted to wear a pair of warmer hide boots which his breeches tuck into at the knees. Matching the pants is a blue wool jacket, held by wooden toggles, worn beneath a knee-length brown canvas coat with a flapped high collar and large pockets. Of course his trademark white scarf covers his face, trailing two cloth tails down his back, and he wears a fur-lined dark hide cap with tasseled ear flaps on top of that. **
(8) Kyla: "How would you know that, I've yet to put it on."
** (9) Je'rar ignores Trayn,as he's being careful not to do anything to screw up the SPELL **
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur is actually wearing the silver chain armor and new robes that denote his nobility, he finds it funny that such clothes are important in this society but wears them to reduce disrimination
(15) Morti: :glancing to the Magister preparing the spell, Morti relaxes his body to stillness, taking a calming breath:
(6) Rainur Swiftblade: discrimination
** (7) Trayn stands ridged with concentration **
(8) Kyla: ((how would wearing clothes that put you above the common man promote LESS discrimination, when that's exactly what is being done by people knowing that those clothes set you above them?))
(6) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 15:22
(15) Morti: (Damn straight! They know you be above em, so they shut up and get in line!)
(8) Kyla: ((lol))
(7) Trayn : ((called positive descrimination))
(9) Je'rar: ((methinks he got discriminated right out of openrpg :P ))
(18) Trayn (enter): 15:23
(8) Kyla: ((Got another one. heh))
(15) Morti: (Maybe he was just tired of the dirty barbarian jokes)
(9) Je'rar: ((hey..us "Barbarians" are the cleanest people I know {EG} ))
(1) DM: The room darkens as The Magister begins chanting and Brehanna and her Warder observe. After a moment, Drenla joins in the chant. As you join in the circle, the stones and jewels embedded in the floor begin to sing.
(3) Morti: (apparently the stones. I know they're an old band, but dark ages?)
(1) DM: It's a strange unearthly sound, that of the stones and gems singing, but that's exactly what's happening as the air around you begins to shimmer and the floor feels like its dropped away from your feet.
(5) Kyla: ((that explains the castle album cover.))
** (8) Trayn stands still... calming his mind... and standing stark still **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur does not move a muscle::
(1) DM: In a moment, the magick whisks you away, and you all land in the middle of a grassy field. There is a sharp saline odor in the air, birds cawing. It's drizzling and bitter cold.
(1) DM: No longer are you in a tower chamber with jewels and gemstones singing the song of magicka, but on a field on the outskirts of Griffonsmere. It's roughly two hours before noon.
(1) Drenla: Ye can move now, Rainur.
** (3) Morti blinks his eyes and looks around. "Wow... teleportation is amazing." **
(5) Kyla: "That was not nice."
(1) Drenla: Just remember not to vomit in my direction, all right?
(8) Trayn : "excellent... we are not closer to our goal"
(8) Trayn : (now)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Drenla, I have done this before"
(3) Morti: :mutters as he checks his belongings: "I have to study the principles of that later"
(1) DM: (fyi, you travelled over 200 miles in 1 minute.)
(5) Kyla: "it would have helped if you told us the floor was going to fall."
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I will not vomit, but thanks for your support"
(8) Trayn : "perhaps we can make it to this island as well so quickly"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not like the smell here...it is dirty"
(3) Morti: "picking up his case: "So which way's Griffonsmere?"
(1) Drenla: Oh, good. I was beginning to wonder. And, by the way, Rainur, don't forget to conjugate your verbs properly. The present tense of the verb "elrahir" ends in the ending "en", not "an". (absentmindedly)
(1) Drenla: You'd better get used to it, you'll be smelling it for a long time to come. It's the smell of the lake. (smiles gently)
(1) DM: You've noticed that Drenla's demeanor has changed a bit...he's not as acerbic as he was a few days ago.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "It smells like an old woman"
(1) Drenla: Then I know just the spell for you! (chuckling)
(9) Sa'alis (enter): 18:49
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Aye, I will remember that Drenla. thank you"
(3) Morti: :To Reiner: "That's the smell of the ocean. I've only been to the beach once" :smiling: "This will be my first time on a boat though"
(1) Drenla: The town is to the south of us. We're on its outskirts. Remember, (getting up) that the locals won't know what to make of strong manly types who do much and speak little. (chuckling)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well, I am wet and I am cold so to town with haste"
(5) Kyla: "They wiill know wexactly what to do twith thee two then."
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come on let us not waste time"
(8) Trayn : "no lets not"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::Rainur forges ahead:: "Keep up if ye can "
(9) Sa'alis: Disconnecting from server...
(9) Sa'alis (exit): 18:52
(1) DM: Your journey to Griffonsmere is swift. Drenla was right...you WERE on the outskirts, and it really is a small town, barely a fraction the size of Tolmara. As you enter the town, many of the locals gape in your direction -- not so much at Morti or Drenla, or even Kyla...but at Trayn, Rainur and Je'rar. Especially Rainur and Je'rar.
(3) Morti: :Carrying his desk in hand, wrapped in canvas and belted with leather straps top provide a handle and a staff in his othre hand, topped by a leather sheat, he follows:
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ugh, it smells here...of old fish"
(1) DM: A horde of urchins forms quickly around Trayn. "OOOOOoooo" "A knight!" "I wanna be just like you when I grow up." "Do you have a squire?" "Where's your horse?" "Why don't you have a lance?" "Nice shiny armor"
(3) Morti: :offhandedly to Reiner: "I like fish. Can we get some fillets?"
(1) DM: "Can I touch your sword?" etc.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur breaks out laughing::
whispering to Trayn , An urchin bumps into you.
(1) DM: An urchin bumps into Trayn. "Sorry, excuse me."
(8) Trayn : "child...I am not a knight"
(8) Trayn : "though I may look like one"
whispering to Trayn , Spot
(3) Morti (whispering): spot check on the urchin that bumped into Trayn
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rainur makes sure there are no pickpockets
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20] -> [19] = (19)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, Spot
(8) Trayn (whispering): if he is pickpocketing me... ok [1d20+5] -> [7,5] = (12) spot
** (3) Morti smirks as he watches the kids gather around the visiting strongmen **
(6) Disorder (whispering): i like that urchins bit .. and i thought that most of the group was knighted two sessions ago ? :)
(8) Trayn : "I am a priest of Solnor.."
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+3] -> [19,3] = (22)
(8) Trayn : "Do you know who Solnor is child?"
whispering to Disorder, it was an honorary title
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 22
(6) Disorder (whispering): ahh :)
(5) Kyla: *mutters* "God of the windbags"
(6) Disorder (whispering): just so the king can go "here boy" when he wants them ? :P
whispering to Disorder, and in terms of Rainur, he can't be a knight to begin with
(8) Trayn : "of many things... the god of healing... which I would hope you would remember"
whispering to Disorder, but they're not dressed like knights. Trayn bought some plate armor so the urchins think he's a knight when in fact he's a priest
** (8) Trayn found the F12 macro key **
** (8) Trayn found the F12 macro key **
** (8) Trayn found the F12 macro key **
(3) Morti: :Nostalgically to Drenla: "Reminds me of my home town. Knights use to visit Ol' Baggus all the time, and the kids would rush them when they entered down, asking them to us tales "
whispering to Disorder, sort of like that hehhe
(6) Disorder (whispering): ahh ok :)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): anything?
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): rolled a 22
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, Trayn is the victim of an attempt. He doesn't notice.
whispering to Morti, ok
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I'm going to grab the kid my the scuff
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20-1] -> [18,-1] = (17)
whispering to Morti, don't notice anything
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::picks up one of the urchins::"Young man, ye are best to keep yer hands in yer own pockets instead of our priest's"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Trayn what do I do with him?"
(8) Trayn : "Rainur... oh...is this true young man?"
(1) Dorn: I didn do nuttin! Uh hun!
** (8) Trayn is surpised and then dissapointed **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: :gives the lad a severe look::
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come now, the truth shall set ye free"
** (1) Dorn drops a vial of holy water and a couple of harpstars **
(1) Dorn: (sheepish)
(1) Dorn: All right. (sullenly) Fer a knight, ye sure look like a wizard tae me.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Do ye know what the penalty is for steeling young man?
(3) Morti: :Hearing Rainur's words: "Heheh, just like home. We use to try to take stuff from the knights too. I remember my brother Arthis pinched a knght's helm once. We had that thing for weeks before he got caught with it"
(1) Dorn: My hand won't turn tae blood will it?
** (1) Dorn holds up his hand, from a distance, as if he wants to chop it off **
(8) Trayn : "however your bottom may turn that color when you parent get done spanking you"
(1) DM: A group of farmers gathers to watch you.
** (5) Kyla steps between Dorn and Rainur **
(5) Kyla: "No."
(8) Trayn : "who are your parents child... and dont lie to me for I will surely know"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::chuckles:: "Not this time, but don't let me see you do it again"
(5) Kyla: ((er, trayan, adn the boy))
(1) Dorn: Gosh! I wanted to see it turn tae blood. Pishpoo. (pouts)
(3) Morti: :happily to Dorn: "I can do that if you want"
(5) Kyla: "Noone is going to hurt you without beeding severly them selves."
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ya know...I could make that happen, but it would be very very very very painful...shall we start?"
(1) Dorn: Least ye dun smell funny like that pointy eared man.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::what pointy eared man?"
(5) Kyla: "boy, shut up."
(1) Dorn: (scared) I was jes jokin, honest! Really, I'll go now.
(1) Dorn: Can I go now?
(8) Trayn : "go home and do some chores..."
(8) Trayn : "and confess your troublemaking to your parents so they can punish you"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::smiles:: "good...you may go and make sure you offer your services to the local priest of solnor"
(8) Trayn : [1d100] -> [38] = (38)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye must do this to answer for your indiscression"
(3) Morti (whispering): btw, prepped spells, silent image, magic missile, grease, read magic, daze, ghost sound, resistance
(5) Kyla: ((so it;s your fault all the priests are still serviceing little boys...))
(1) DM: The rest of the urchins, seeing Rainur act like their parents, falls quietly before starting up again. "He tells a lot of fibs, don't listen to him!" "I wanna penny, can I have a penny?" "Why do ye smell like funny sand? (incense)" What's that thingie hangin' around yer neck? (to Trayn) "I've never seen a BIG sword like that!" (to Je'rar)
whispering to Morti, ok
(8) Trayn : "children... you must have tasks at home you could be doing rather than bothering passersby"
(1) DM: The farmers concur, and start shooing them away.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Enough children, we have work to do...good day to you"
(8) Trayn : "please be good and return home and begin them promptly"
(1) Corwyn: Sorry for the troubles, lords. We've just never seen folk like ye. (stares at Rainur for a second)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): has 20 coppers and one silver
(1) Corwyn: Er...I've never seen a man like ye. (stares at Rainur)
(8) Trayn : "please be good and return home and begin them promptly"
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, ok
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::showers the children with some coins::
** (7) Je'rar just takes in the whole scene,and tries not to laugh **
(1) Corwyn: Not often we get outfolk like ye, like that elf at Andura's.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am a Warrior, I fight for honor, valor and good...surely there are men and women such as myself in your town" ::smiles::
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Elf?"
(1) Corwyn: But none as BIG as ye. (sniffs) Or that smell of horse.
(3) Morti: "Andura, isn't that who we're going to see?"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "What know ye of this elf"
(8) Trayn : "we would be interested in knowing of this elf you speak of"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Please discribe him?"
(1) Corwyn: Ays, an elf about your height but thin and of ill humor. I hear though he's keeping Andura in the black by buying all her liquour and drinkin' it down, where I dun know where he puts it.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: hmmm
(10) Tron (enter): 19:11
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "We shall see, I can drink quite a bit myself"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: What is your name sir?"
(10) Tron: Disconnecting from server...
(10) Tron (exit): 19:11
(1) Corwyn: He's probably still there in her bar. The Serpent's Tooth, that's what it's called. Ye'll see him, cos' he has a thin scar down his left cheek like he been clawed some. No humor, he has. (frowns)
(1) Corwyn: Mine? Oh, Corwyn. (reaches out to touch Rainur's brands.) Seems painful, those arr.
(3) Morti: :scratching under his cap.:
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am a horse lord Corwyn that is my brand and yes they did hurt at one time. Well Corwyn, many thanks...we must be on our way"
(1) Corwyn: (stares after Je'rar) May the Mother of the Sea watch over ye all, especially ye, sir horse lord. (sniffs and stares)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "My opponents always know whom they are fighting with by my brands"
(5) Kyla: ((yea, Mr. Ed))
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Good day Corwyn"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::continues into town::
(1) DM: Griffonsmere is a small town -- not much to it -- just a few stores, one inn, a few taverns, some docks, a butcher, a tanner and a blacksmith. A few ships can be seen berthed on the docks. The sky seems gray even as rain continues to fall in a light drizzle.
** (3) Morti follows after Reiner and the others, turning back to the urchins to offer with a goofy exaggerated smile of his enchanted scarf, "See you later kids" **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::walks towards the serpent's tooth::
(11) Tron (enter): 19:17
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I could use a drink...what say you all?
(8) Trayn : "sure... for getting one seems to be our task at present"
(3) Morti: "Hai hai, Cider would be nice"
(5) Kyla: "Is that really water out there?"
(1) DM: Besides being the smallest tavern as far as you can tell, the Serpent's Tooth is also the dingiest. When you enter, the aroma of horsemeat sausage and musty stale bread assualts your senses. A half-orc can be seen tending bar, washing glasses. A massive battle axe hangs within easy reach of the bartender. The tavern is deserted except for the elf that Corwyn mentioned, whose dozing off in a corner table.
** (5) Kyla starts absently wandering towards the boats **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::the smell of horsemeat offends Rainur::
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::as does the sight of the half-orc and a look of disgust comes over him as he comes into sight::
(8) Trayn : "looks like trouble is delt with severely"
** (3) Morti grins at the scent of food, and seems completely at home in a dirty hovel as he makes his way to the bar to plop into a seat, "Apple Cider bread and sasuage please" **
(1) DM: Whomever keeps the tavern clean isn't doing a very good job of it. A thick film of grease covers each table as well as the bar. Rows of bottles and jars cover the back shelf of the bar as if a testament to the amount of wine the tavern serves...on a second glance, most of them are empty. A tray of stale bread and a hunk of gristle lie on the bar for service.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am going to sit down folks...ye deal with...that" ::looks at the half orc::
(3) Morti: :enchanted scarf grinning to the half-orc:
(5) Kyla (whispering): back in 4 min. need cigarette, and characte is jst wandering fascinated over all that water...
** (1) Gralnakh Longtooth grimaces as Rainur approaches **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur stares distainfully at the barkeep::
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: We don't have cider. Just ale, mead and brandy. An' dinner won't be served for an hour at least.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): quite a site 6'6" barbarian in silver armor LOL
(8) Trayn : "Rainur... control yourself"
** (8) Trayn steps up to put the focus on him **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have done nothing..."
(3) Morti: "Oh..." :frowns a bit: "Well... mead I guess then"
** (1) Gralnakh Longtooth scowls, showing off his tusks at Rainur. **
(8) Trayn : "Greetings Barkeep"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainer dangles 30 or so tusks on his belt::
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Hmph. Just what we need, knights. (mutters)
(8) Trayn : "Please ignore my friend for the moment"
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: What can I do for ye, Sir Knight? (thick orcish accent)
(8) Trayn : "If you would... ah some refreshment would be fine"
** (1) Gralnakh Longtooth fingers a fingerbone dangling around his neck. A human fingerbone from the looks of it. **
(8) Trayn : "I guess I'll have some mead if you would"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::chuckles::"See Trayn as I said Paladin"
(8) Trayn : "so two mead's...anyone else?"
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: We have mead, brandy and ale. One harpstar for mead, two for brandy and five pence for ale. Serve yourself from the tray. One harpstar for dinner, per person.
(3) Morti: :seeing them fingering bones, Morti pulls Moiraine from his coat pocket, petting her as he eyes up the others (Dr. Evil style):
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: If ye want rooms, Andura won't be up until dinner. She charges prices.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur rolls up his sleeve to expose the tattoos that cover his arms::
(8) Trayn : "ok well we will just have to wait for her to do that... "
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Oh, and no brawling, or it's the axe for ye. Do I make myself clear? That pansy flower pot over in the corner tried his luck and he's missing a finger for his troubles. (grins evilly)
** (1) Gralnakh Longtooth fingers the fingerbone **
(8) Trayn : "you do"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: mutters under breath:: "I tremble"
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: By the Eye of Grummsh, I do. Now then, here you go. (serves Morti and Trayn) Two harps please.
** (8) Trayn gives a Rainur a "lets concentrate on the big picture look" **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Look that is why I sat down and let you do the talking"
** (8) Trayn passes the coins over **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, Intelligence
(8) Trayn : (assuming the street rat didnt take all his money anyway
whispering to Trayn , nope
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: [1d20+1] -> [20,1] = (21)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): 21
** (3) Morti reaches into his pocket and pulls a couple of harps to hand over, then takes his mead and begins picking from the stale food happily **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, the half orc seems ... cultured for a half orc. something's not right to your senses.
** (8) Trayn inspects his glass for ratdroppings or fingers **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, his sentence structure for one thing even though the orcish accent hides a lot of it
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: Rainur gets up and starts walking to the barkeep
** (1) Gralnakh Longtooth continues washing a dirty glass over and over, peering at the elf in the corner and glancing at you out of the corner of his eye. **
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: What do you want, human?
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::he walks with purpose and with slow strides
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::looks him over carefully::
(8) Trayn : "What good could come of this Rainur?"
(8) Trayn : "please return to the table or.... leave"
** (3) Morti chews on some stale bread while feeding a bit of sausage to Moiraine, "Kind of a step down from the feasts we've been having lately. But food's food. Maybe later we can get some fish. DO you like fish?" **
** (8) Trayn scolds him firmly like a dog that knows its doing wrong but can't help itself **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does he notice anything else?
(1) DM: About the height of Je'rar, swarthy, mean looking and down right ugly...if mirrors could talk, they'd shout in agony at looking at Gralnakh, A yellowish white tusk protrudes out the side of his mouth, it's twin is spotted with decayed enamel.
(1) Moiraine: Mrrr.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): tries to catch the orc's scent....having hkilled many
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): does he smell like an orc?
(1) DM: Leather jerkin, otherwise unarmed. Thin, greasy hair. That's about it.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yup
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "You do not speak like the others"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "You are more cultured, how is that possible?
** (7) Je'rar tries to keep his distance from the...beast on 2 feet..acts preoccupied **
** (8) Trayn swallows hard thinking this tavern as having culture **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ye are different"
(1) DM: A huge man, a head taller than Rainur, enters the tavern from the back room. A beatific smile is plastered on his face, as he saunters up to the bar and places a dented helmet on the bar, then leans across the wall and stares at Rainur.
(1) DM: The man is nothing but muscle.
(3) Morti: :sips his mead and glances around, looking to the elf Corwyn mentioned. Strolling with Moiraine in arm, he takes a seat near the elf, Greeting in a friendly manner, "Hello"
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: I'm just a half orc, how is that different from what you would expect, human?
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Oh, greetings, Bubba.
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: (at the tall human man)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have never encountered one as clearly spoken as yourself....it is very curious to me"
(3) Morti: (ya know... this game really needed a Bubba)
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Bubba's our doorman. Bubba, meet this human.
** (1) Bubba smiles beatifically at Rainur and waves. **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::rainur waves back::
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: I've never encountered a human that smelled of horse. (wrinkles his nose) Do ye bathe?
(5) Kyla: ((Garlnakh Longtooth: "How's our mom, Rainur")) -heh
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "More than ye will ever know"
(1) Daland: Zzzzz
whispering to Kyla, yes, it really is all water out there. LOTS of water
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I noticed that ye do not like the company of knights, is that a problem ?
(3) Morti: "Eh?" :moves in to inspect the sleeping man, and then casually checks if he's really missing a finger:
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: I don't like the company of humans who stink of horse.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): looking for more signs of the unusual"
** (1) Gralnakh Longtooth continues washing a dirty glass. **
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, that's about it so far
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "That is funny it smells of horse in here"
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Quite. Could be the horsemeat sausage cook served for breakfast, but I think it's the cloud that covers you.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I am not here to fight with you...just to marvel at the evolution of orc spawn...quite impressive"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::backs off and goes to sit down::
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Now then, (glancing up at Bubba who's picking his nose) I have to go serve dinner. Relax and try not to loot the bar, all right?
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::waves over to Bubba::
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Bubba, stop that. Watch the nice human with fur. Be sure to show him the door if he loots the bar. (speaking slowly and clearly)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Come close so you can watch me better"
** (1) Bubba says nothing and smiles, wrinkling his nose at Rainur. **
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Just a word of advice, human. Bubba hates horses and those who love them. (smiles evilly)
** (1) Bubba smiles angelically and continues punching the helmet and straightening it. **
** (1) Gralnakh Longtooth goes into the back room. **
(3) Morti: :shrugs at the sleeping elf and returns to his friends, cocking his head to Gralnakh's advice, then turns to Bubba, offering his hand and speaking in his cheery tone,: "In that case, Sir Bubba, I'm not a horse, and it's nice to meet you"
(1) DM: An attractive, dark-haired youthful human woman descends a flight of stairs from above and enters the room.
** (7) Je'rar flashes the orc a foul-tempered look at that insult **
(8) Trayn : ((sorry to ask this but... do we "know" this or "of" this elf in here?))
** (1) Bubba smiles like a blathering idiot at Morti and continues punching the helmet. **
(1) DM: (I described the tavern earlier and mentioned the sleeping elf in the corner)
(3) Morti: :retracts the hand and scratches his neck(wow, finally someone dumber than Morti)
(1) Andura: Ahhhh, customers. (frowns at the elf)
(1) Andura: And what's this? A knight in shining armor, all to myself? My my, the goddess surely smiles on me this day.
** (3) Morti turns to the woman taking a seconf before figuring, "Are you Andura?" **
** (1) Andura sidles up to the bar and sits next to Trayn, glancing at him through lowered eye lashes. "Well met, Sir Knight" **
(1) Andura: "Your squire, perhaps? An unusual appearance if so."
(1) Andura: "Pleased to meet you, lad. Ays, my name is Andura."
whispering to Kyla, you return eventually
(3) Morti: :smiles with his scarf: "Ah, It's nice to meet you ma'am" :gives a quick bow: "We were sent here by the Magister Tremaine to meet with you."
(5) Kyla (whispering): haveing more fun wondering how long till I get a whisper, or some indication that they notice my lack of in character comments.
(1) Andura: (back straightens on hearing this)
(5) Kyla (whispering): can return on own if you want me to.
whispering to Kyla, hehhe
(5) Kyla (whispering): I'm really suprised no one commented at all on my Rainur's half brother being the half orc comment, but then maby they're used to it by now.
(8) Trayn (whispering): right but do we know him, or think he is someone we want to talk to
(1) Andura: Well, that's it then. Can't seduce a priest of Solnor because the gods know they're all as dry as a salamander in heat.
(8) Trayn : "not really..."
whispering to Trayn , no, you don't.
** (8) Trayn clears his throat at that comment **
whispering to Trayn , but you can try to talk to him if you want
(3) Morti: "Eh?" :confused by the comment:
(1) Andura: So you're those adventurers Garath mentioned.
(5) Kyla (whispering): ((Garlnakh Longtooth: "How's our mom, Rainur")) -heh maby I should have added the word brother to make it less discreet.
(3) Morti: :nods: "Uh huh, uh huh. He said you could help us find an island we're looking for"
(8) Trayn : "If by adventurers.. you mean good souls seeking to right wrongs and defeat evil... then yes"
(1) Andura: You're late. Lord Vladizier's butler left two days ago for the island.
(11) Tron: Disconnecting from server...
(11) Tron (exit): 19:57
(3) Morti: "Butler...?"
(8) Trayn : "well our departure was to blame... certainly not our travel time"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: I'll explain later morti"
(1) Andura: He said he was Lord Vladizier's butler and came here to pick up a package that was waiting for him. Didn't like the looks of him but I handed it over to him. A silver coffer.
(3) Morti: :eyes widen: "He has the Coffer!?"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti ...quiet careful when you speak" :: looks at the elf::
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): is she cute?
(1) Andura: (glances at Morti, continuing) Lord Vladizier is a nobleman, from in the north, I can't remember exactly where, who has taken up residence on Cragrapid Island, some leagues to the southwest of here. Garath mentioned that you needed passage to this island.
** (3) Morti groans as his scarf's expression contorts in a pained frown **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Ays my lady"
(1) Andura: If ye were here two days ago, ye could have gotten a ship there. Now as it happens, there's only one captain I know who will sail there because it lies in pirate infested waters.
(3) Morti: "Who?"
(3) Morti: "It's not the drunk elf is it?" :warily:
(1) Andura: Me, of course.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "We are to play the Lord a visit"
(3) Morti: "Phew"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "It would be a pleasure to cross this large lake with ye my lady"
(1) Andura: And I tell you now...I hope you can pay, because I'm not about to get myself sold into slavery on account of some fool venturers who don't know where they're going.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Although it has a funny smell"
(1) Andura: (glances at Rainur) It's not a lake.
(8) Trayn : "well then... when can we sail? we should be able come up with your price... within reason"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I have never seen it...it was discribed as a body of water larger than a lake"
(1) Andura: Can you? Let me see the color of your coins first.
(1) Andura: It's an OCEAN, man. An OCEAN. Not a lake.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: never seen one my lady
(3) Morti: :To Andura: "THey aren't red at least"
** (1) Drenla chuckles as he leans in, listening. **
(1) Andura: What did you say?
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Morti!"
(3) Morti: :to Rainur: "Eh? what? Just reassuring her"
(8) Trayn : "the color of our coins is gold..." to answer her
(3) Morti: "Silver once too, and coppper"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "We were told to beware of red coins my lady..."
(1) Andura: (warily) I'm not sure. How can I be sure they're gold? Why did you say that?
(3) Morti: "If you want to get out a scale to make sure it's real gold, that's okay"
** (1) Bubba punches a hole into the helmet and sets it on top of his head, smiling beatifically like a luminous angel. **
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "How much more trustworthy can you get than a priest of Solnor" ::looks at Trayn::
(8) Trayn : "do you think one of Solnor would cheat you Andura?"
** (8) Trayn nods ot Rainur **
(3) Morti: "Yeah, our books are nice and clean"
(1) Andura: I'm not sure. A long time customer recently tried to ensnare me with coins of magicka, but he's long gone.
(5) Kyla (whispering): how hard is it to simply hand over a bag of coins, adn shut up?
(1) Andura: So, I don't know.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): spider senses going"
whispering to Kyla, you could come in
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): how about the elf?
(5) Kyla (whispering): I know, but I haven't laughed this much in months, and don't want ot spoil it by getting stuff accomplished
(1) Andura: A merchant from Kern with his entourage. They left yesterday, to Highkeep and points west.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, nope, still sleeping
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::mutters:: "They will be dealt with"
(3) Morti: : to his comrades: "Is there a way to get a word back to Tolmara where we're going"
(3) Morti: "?"
(1) Andura: Show me why I should trust you.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "My lady, we cannot force ye, but the Magister said you would be the right person to tallk to. We would love the pleasure of your company...
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: name yer price
(1) Andura: One hundred thousand crowns.
(1) Andura: half payable now, the rest when ye arrive at the island. In gemstones.
(3) Morti: :jaw drops: "Uh... that's a lot..."
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Nay, that is too rich fer my blood...at least"
(1) Andura: Well then, I wish ye the luck of Benvolio, for I shall not sell myself into slavery should we be captured by pirates.
(1) Andura: There is an alternative, if ye truly are desparate.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Well we will just have to report back to Master Tremaine that ye could not help us... many thanks.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: and what is that?
(1) Andura: (indicates the sleeping elf) Daland, of Whytecoin. He and the merchant had words, and paid for it with his finger when Gralnakh told him not to draw swords.
(3) Morti: :scrathes his head as he hoists Moiraine up to perch on his shoulder:
(1) Andura: If ye are willing to deal with a Kernin, and a thief and rumored to be a smuggler, then by all means, deal with the devil.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "But my lady,we would rather have one as fair as you by our side. We could protect ye"
(1) Andura: He can put you on a ship faster than I can...if you're willing and you can pay, of course. He prefers magickal items as payment.
(1) Andura: I can protect myself! I don't need you.
(5) Kyla: ((you can't even handle handing over a bag of gold without blowing it, how are you going to protect her?))
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ((100 thousand crowns? yeah right!))
(5) Kyla: ((would have been considerably less if she wasn't suspicious))
(3) Morti: :stops scratching his head, and leans in to speak with Andura in suggestion, "200 crowns... in gems for your services" (beginning a haggle)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ((well thank morti for that one))
(8) Trayn : ((on phone))
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I was not saying that ye could not handle yerself, was just giving you an assurance. I would rather not be trapped on a vessel with one I do not trust. There is nowhere to go but in the sea"
(1) Andura: I already told you. (to Rainur) My price is five score thousand crowns, payable in gemstones or tradeweights, half now and half when you receive passage. (thinks a moment) I am willing to negotiate, however, for I am not an unreasonable person.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "If Lord Garath Trusts ye so do I"
(3) Morti: :seriously: "Five score thousand crowns seems pretty unreasonable."
(1) Andura: Five score thousand crowns is not unreasonable for that is how much I would need to buy my freedom if I were to be sold into slavery
(1) Andura: And I am unwilling to sacrifice my life just to help you secure passage to an island far from here.
(1) Andura: I don't even know you. Any of you.
(3) Morti: "If you get caught and sold to slavery, I think they'd just keep the money and you."
(3) Morti: "Thus making it all rather moot." :grinning: "Besides, we'll make sure you don't get sold into slavery"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::walks away and looks at the elf's finger::
(3) Morti: "I really wouldn't want to return to that life myself" :grimaces:
** (1) Andura frowns **
(1) Andura: You have a point there. (sighs) I still don't know why I should trust you, but I'll do.
(1) Daland: Zzzzzzz
(3) Morti: "Oh by the way" :returning quickly to his up beat, he stands and offers his hand: "We did forget to introduce ourselves, I'm Mortimar Boyle... er Magus ... Mortimar Boyle."
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): looks at finger
(3) Morti: :titters a bit embarassed by the title:
(1) Andura: Ten thousand crowns then, half now and half when ye disembark.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, its sliced off neatly, at the joint.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::nice job, poor guy"
(3) Morti: :grin drops, as he goes business again: "five hundred"
** (1) Andura mutters "Gods, wizards too." **
(1) Andura: Ten thousand crowns is my final price. Take it or leave it.
(1) Andura: You're a magus. Would've been less if ye hadn't said it.
(3) Morti: "We can't afford that, besides, you handed over Rhian's soul to that gy, so I figure you owe us and her a bit"
(1) Andura: What are you talking about?
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::returns to the haggling::
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti!"
(3) Morti: "The silver coffer... the soul of an Aes Sedai, named Rhian was trapped within. Now she's in Vladizier's possession."
(1) Andura: (scratches her head) I have no idea what you're talking about. He accused me of handing over a soul.
(3) Morti: :ignore's Reiner, since he figures honesty might garner more of the woman's trust:
(1) Andura: (to Rainur) Ten thousand crowns is my offer, sir. More than generous considering that he's a magus.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Oh well, tis true, though knowingly not your fault. "
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): ARGG!!!!!
(1) Andura: I've since reconsidered. Your mage showed me the error of my logic.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, lol
(3) Morti: "You said your self that you thought the butler and the merchant's were odd, but you did none the less deal with them in this manner with out thinkining."
** (1) Drenla chuckling **
(3) Morti: "As an honest business woman, you are technically at fault for not paying more attention"
(1) Drenla: Morti, enough. Be silent, apprentice.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: ::gives drenla a look of relief::
(3) Morti: :glances to Drenla then back to Andura: "How many such deals are in your book?"
(1) Drenla: My apprentice has not yet mastered himself, if ye will forgive his pertinence, m'lady.
** (1) Drenla wiggles a finger. **
whispering to Morti, Will
(3) Morti: Will save: [1d20+5] -> [6,5] = (11)
(1) DM: Morti falls silent.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): did he get a magical foot up his ass "
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): too bad
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): the foot would have been more appropriate! LOL
** (1) Drenla reaches into his pockets and hauls out a glittering black cloth, and gives it to Andura **
(3) Morti: :opens his mouth to speak again, and jumps a bit noticing his voice is gone. Pouting he drops into his seat and looks expectantly to Andura:
(1) Drenla: I believe this will cover your original payment, and then some. The Magister thought that ye might ask something of this nature. He sends his regards, m'lady.
(13) Warsor (enter): 20:35
(13) Warsor: Via con dios *Blam Blam*
(13) Warsor (exit): 20:35
** (8) Trayn generally stays out of this **
(1) Drenla: Now then, if ye would be so kind as to arrange for transport. We wish to leave this evening.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): good
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: Quel!
(1) DM: Her mouth drops open and closes just as swiftly.
** (1) Andura grins. **
(5) Kyla (whispering): awe, now why did you have to go and ruin my fun of watching them squirm in the hole they dug?
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "That was quite an excersize, thank ye Drenla"
(3) Morti: :sulking, he shovels a bit of stale bread under his mask, listening to his master speak... boy he use to like being able to do that:
(1) Andura: Very good, mage. Gralnakh! Let's go, ye sluggard! Dinner!
whispering to Kyla, b/c things were dragging and I need to move
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Drenla, these are strange people."
whispering to Kyla, but it was fun all right heheh
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Are they all like this here? It must be the foul air"
(8) Trayn : "and yea Rainur are in a strange land..."
(1) Drenla: (chuckles) Ays, Rainur, they are all like that here. Now then, (wiggling a finger) apprentice, the first rule of being a magus is to do much and say little. Do you understand?
(1) Drenla: Ye can speak now.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I do not wish to eat here tonight Drenla, is there a better place here?
(3) Morti: :cocks his head thinking it over for a second, then gives a definite nod:
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "I tried to warn ye Morti"
(1) Drenla: I am afraid, Master Swiftblade, that ye must. Ye see, ye must win the trust of Andura, and to do that, ye must grace her table. Ye will after all, be putting her life in jeopardy.
(3) Morti: :mutters: "Still think I was right though"
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Anything but horse....I cannot eat horse meat"
(8) Trayn : "then if it comes to that.. dont eat"
(1) Drenla: I don't think ye will need to eat horse. (chuckles) I'm afraid my little joke has run its course.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "What are ye talking about?"
(1) Drenla: (serious now) That elf on the other hand is an infamous smuggler. We shall dine in Andura's stateroom, not here.
(2) Rainur Swiftblade: "Why do we not just execute him here"
(1) Drenla: Oh, let's just say that I sent advance word to Andura about who I would be with and their culinary preferences. (chuckles)
(3) Morti: :still poutng, looks to the elf: "What's he smuggle?"
(1) Drenla: People, of course. Criminals on the lam, and anything he needs as payment. Of course, he is an honest businessman, as are all thieves. (rolls eyes)
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): remember rainur has a bug up his ass for smugglers
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, you mean he has a bugg up his ass for slavers
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): yes but are they not one in the same in Kern?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): ok gotcha
(1) DM: (ok, fast forwarding not to mention I'm going to eat so brb in 10)
(3) Morti: "Well if he was doing business with Tarth and them, then he's connected with either theslaves or the coins, right?"
(8) Trayn : (ok 10 min break)
(5) Kyla: ((ok))
Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
(1) TaliesinNYC: feel free to talk
(8) Trayn : almost needless to say: Trayn has dissaproved of all of these shenanigans, intimidation games, mind control and greed
(2) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 20:55
(5) Kyla: I don;t think we shoud go with the elf woman, the drunk smuggler is a safer bet.
(16) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 20:56
(3) Morti: no the drunk is the elf, she'd human
(5) Kyla: whatever
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: kill the elf!!!!
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: LOL
(5) Kyla: the drunk smuggler is the safer of the 2 captains for geting us where we want to go
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: ya think?? LOL
(3) Morti: yeah, like Han Solo. Rainur can be Chewbaka
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: RAAAHH!
(5) Kyla: what? you think that because she's not a smuggler, adn has the sence (or lack there of since oyu pointed out they'd steal the money and enslave her) that she is a better bet at getting past th pirates?
(5) Kyla: she is chargeing so much because she plans on getting caught,a nd buying her way to freedom.
(3) Morti: :jedi mind trick: "These are not the Magus' you are looking for"
(5) Kyla: the smuggler is "well known" and has the guts to fall comatose in a public and disreputable bar.
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Fret not to me is known truth is!
(8) Trayn : and Briana is Leia
(5) Kyla: can't call that stupid, casue he's wanted, apparently for some time, adn still free.
(8) Trayn : oy that makes me C-3PO
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: No, but I have a pair of manacles and we can take jhim into custody...
(5) Kyla: that means he knows how to advoid not only the law who are looking for him, but also the pirates who would love to steal his cargo, cause he can't report it to the authorities.
(3) Morti: and he just lost a finger in a bar fight, and is really really drunk. PLus he might be connected to the slavers, so he could end up selling us out
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: I am the law!
(5) Kyla: or we can go with the dippy bar maid who thinks haveing ALOT of gold in pirate infested waters is a good thing.
(3) Morti: We could shanghai the smuggler
(5) Kyla: that too
(5) Kyla: so pay him, then turn him in for the reward money
(4) Rift: why dont u take the deal from the girl for the 10000 gold and then sell her into slavery?
(5) Kyla: I have no problems with that idea
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: I'd rather beat the crap out of him and arrest him! LOL
(5) Kyla: ok
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: (I still have my badge)
(5) Kyla: but after we get use out of him
(3) Morti: but if we sell her into slavery, who's going to steer the boat back?
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: or maybe I'll just use the manacles and tie Kyla up! LOL
(4) Rift: who says your coming back? deal with that when the time comes
(5) Kyla: odds of getting through without being seen, and therefore slowed down alot, or killed is much better witha smuggler than a maid.
(8) Trayn : of course none of this is going to go on
(5) Kyla: that works too
(8) Trayn : plus i think Drenla is paying for everything
(8) Trayn : so... why quibble about price
(8) Trayn : she's a mage
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: he's pimping us
(8) Trayn : if she was coming along
(8) Trayn : he
(8) Trayn : i always do that
(5) Kyla: that was the gm getting sick of nothing happening, adn bailing you out
(8) Trayn : well Trayn could care less about the money except for impropriety
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Perhaps
(5) Kyla: Odds of success and speed iare the important factors, neither seem like they would be skills the maid has.
(17) Aaron Ra'Villious (enter): 21:06
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Trayn, you missed a spot on your plate mail it does not shine like the others! LOL
(3) Morti: according to Tremaine she's a master of the seas
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: yes and her boat is the sea withc
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: witch
(8) Trayn : better the sea witch
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: or is it bitch...I do not recall
(8) Trayn : than the sea bitch
(5) Kyla: that can't be acurate information, she wanted to bring a ransom of gold into pirate infested water.
(17) Aaron Ra'Villious: Fell on Scissors and Died...
(17) Aaron Ra'Villious (exit): 21:07
(8) Trayn : she doesnt trust it out of her sight
(5) Kyla: anyone with any dam clue would know that's a stupid idea
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Who says she was taking it with her
(5) Kyla: she could have left it with the dork brothers, and then left instructions for them to buy her freedom back.
(5) Kyla: you did
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: uh...no
(5) Kyla: when you asked why wouldn't hey take her gold, and her too.
(5) Kyla: ok, some pc did then.
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: no that was Luanc
(5) Kyla: her responce was "I hadn';t thought of that"
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti
(5) Kyla: whatever.
(3) Morti: how would the idiots know where to find the slavers to buy her back?
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: the best negotiator in Griffonsmere
(5) Kyla: makes sence morti would have pointed out the obvious
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: LOL
(3) Morti: Tis my mastery
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: morti, take a bow
(8) Trayn : well if we end up paying extra
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: it's like gilligan and the skipper
(8) Trayn : we can just deduct the extra 5k out of Morti's share
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: hey little buddy
(5) Kyla: we can go on the fairy princess, with the huge rob me sign, adn a captain who doesn';t think pirates want gold, or we can go in the smuggler's ship, risk being fleeced, but at least be much safer from pirates, adn get there faster.
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(1) DM: (back)
** (3) Morti shies away from obvious "little buddy" implications **
(8) Trayn : bah on pirates
(1) DM: You leave from Griffonsmere that evening. As you leave, the elf is still asleep, snoring from a drunken stupor.
(3) Morti: actually, I think the smuggler would be more likely to steer us toward pirates and sell us into slavery
** (1) Drenla keeps mostly to himself, in his cabin and studying his spellbook. **
(8) Trayn : ((yes final note... can anyone say Exxon Valdez? thats who you wanted for our captain?))
(5) Kyla: ((lol))
(5) Kyla: ((you win))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (16) Rainur Swiftblade...
(3) Morti: :slurring drunkenly: "Duhoooowoonnn't wurry. I'll git uz thur juz vine"
whispering to Rift, still want in on this group? lol
(4) Rift (whispering): me an dunc have been talking it over lol :) we think u need us but we will talk about that after your done
** (8) Trayn is a bit unnerved by his first sea travel... **
(1) Andura: The journey should take us a day or so...if we don't run into trouble. There's a storm on the horizon, so the best thing for ye to do is to stay clear and let us do our jobs.
** (3) Morti likewise spends the time studying, trying to interpret new spells from Asflag's book(time to learn one?) **
(8) Trayn (whispering): should have us do fort saves for sea sickness
(1) DM: (yes, your choice)
(1) DM: (Fort saves for seasickness, all)
(1) DM: Drenla seems used to it, however.
(3) Morti: (before that though...) :Stands on deck, happy to be on his first ship: "Promise I won't get in the way"
(3) Morti: Fortitude save: [1d20+4] -> [18,4] = (22)
(8) Trayn : Saving Throws: Fortitude Save [1d20+4+2] -> [11,4,2] = (17)
(5) Kyla: Fort: [1d20+6] -> [15,6] = (21)
(3) Morti: :looking out over the vast sea: "Whhhooooooaaaa..."
(1) DM: (roll for Rainur, add +9 to the save)
(8) Trayn : Rainur Fort [1d20+9] -> [16,9] = (25)
(8) Trayn : ((ooh Je'rar should have taken that one))
(1) DM: not sure what J's save is.
(8) Trayn : ill give him a +6
(8) Trayn : Je'rar [1d20+6] -> [13,6] = (19)
(1) DM: k
(1) DM: all make, Trayn barely.
** (8) Trayn is just slightly green in the gills **
(3) Morti: :to Andura: "Can we sing chanties?"
(1) Andura: If ye fall overboard, we will NOT be coming back for ye. Now keep below decks. This is your last warning.
(3) Morti: :smiles happily:
** (8) Trayn keeps below decks **
** (1) Andura glances nervously on the horizon. **
(3) Morti: :frowns and heads to his cabin:
** (5) Kyla spends lots of time in the crow's nest **
(1) DM: The storm hits at daybreak the next day.
(18) No Name (enter): 21:20
(3) Morti: (the sea started getting rough... and the tiny ship was tossed)
(18) No Name (exit): 21:22
(1) DM: Never have you journeyed in such a violent storm. As the ship tilts, the deck becomes very slippery as waves break over railings. Thunder booms across the blackened sky as heavy rain falls in sheets of gray.
(1) DM: There is a heavy knock on your cabin door.
** (3) Morti remains in his cabin studying nonchalantly by the light of his flaming staff **
** (8) Trayn is probably near a bucket **
(1) DM: The door swings open. It's Gralnakh.
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: The captain wants ye all, now.
(3) Morti: :looks up and offers a brief wave: "Hoi"
(8) Trayn : "alight... be there in just a moment"
** (3) Morti nods, packs away Asflag's book and resheathe's his staff **
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: Now, humans. We can't take much more of this weather, and your precious island is near, so we have to leave ye here in the water, and then leave.
(8) Trayn : "in the water? I can't swim..."
(1) DM: (Dex checks, all)
** (8) Trayn is alarmed **
(3) Morti: 0.o "In the water?" :cocks his head: "Now might be a good time to admit that I can't swim very well"
(3) Morti: Dex check: [1d20+2] -> [4,2] = (6)
(1) Gralnakh Longtooth: We're giving ye a boat. That much we can do.
(8) Trayn :

Dex

12


(8) Trayn : dex check [1d20+1] -> [17,1] = (18)
** (5) Kyla is suicidally rideing in the crow's nest, and laughing maniacally at the wild ride. **
(19) Legion (enter): 21:27
(5) Kyla: ((dex, or reflex?))
(1) DM: (only applies to people not in the crow's nest)
(1) DM: (Dex)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [2,2] = (4)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] -> [11,2] = (13)
(5) Kyla: ((ok, was expecting a penalty for my check, but guess that happens when getting down....))
(1) DM: Morti, Je'rar and Rainur fail. They stumble and slip as they make their way abovedecks, where Andura is waiting impatiently for you.
(1) DM: (Dex, -2, Kyla)
(5) Kyla: [1d20+2] -> [3,2] = (5)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] -> [4] = (4)
(5) Kyla: ((would this be a ballance check for those of wus who have that?))
(1) DM: As Kyla climbs down from the crow's nest, a brilliant stroke of lightning strikes the crow's nest and sends it flying into the ocean. A thundrous boom sounds starboard.
(1) DM: (applicable if you have it)
** (3) Morti grabs the doorway to steady him self as they stand before Andura, "Didn't know sailing was so hard on the buttocks" :stumbles again onto his posterior: **
(5) Kyla: Skills: Ballance [1d20+11] -> [17,11] = (28)
(1) DM: k
(5) Kyla: ((wee, I get to ride the falling pole down to the water in style...))
(1) Andura: We're leaving ye. Gralnakh has prepared a boat with rations and suchlike for ye, but we're leaving ye now.
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: ((sorry had wife duty)
(3) Morti: :staring over to make sure Kyla's alright:
(1) Andura: Your island is to the east of us, by half a league's journey. We dare not continue or else my ship will be destroyed.
(7) Je'rar: (guys, neevr thought I'd say this, but... I'm glad my wife came home from work..those two animals that call themselves my sons were...well..don't even ask me to begin to get into it)
(3) Morti: (wasn't planning to ask)
(7) Je'rar: (good man)
(1) Andura: If ye have all your belongings, may the gods go with ye. Now, we must bid ye goodbye.
(3) Morti: :to Andura: "Eh? If you experienced sailors can't make it in this larger boat, how are we going to survive in a dingy?"
(1) Andura: I don't know. But ye will, because we won't.
(1) Drenla: That was not our agreement, m'lady.
(20) Lux (enter): 21:36
(1) Andura: The Beyond with your agreement! If we persist, my ship will be destroyed! Now, be off with ye!
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: "Drenla, I do not like the ocean"
(1) Drenla: The Magister will hear of this, m'lady. (mutters)
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: "Nor its people"
(16) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): is there a tiller>
(1) Drenla: Well, ye can survive it, Rainur. Think of it as an old woman. (mutters)
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, remind me what a tiller is
(16) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): to steer the boat
(1) DM: You get into the boat, and Gralnakh casts you off.
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, no, just oars
(7) Je'rar: "Well people, looks like we have little choice in the matter... let's just go and be done with it"
(16) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): is there a dingy sail?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes
** (3) Morti trembles a bit nervously at the prospect of sailing in the small boat on these waters **
(8) Trayn : "lets pray we live to complain tomorrow"
(8) Trayn : (doubt we are sailing)
(3) Morti: (right...)
(3) Morti: (sinking)
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: "All right, Je'rar take that oar and use it as a tiller, trayn go to the bow and even the weight, I'll take the dingy sail to half its mast and hold it so we can move
(5) Kyla (whispering): one of us isn't, but then there's no way they would hear a scream... make any rolls you feel like secretly. I wnt o see if they forget me, and leave me behind.
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Morti, look out for rocks for us
(5) Kyla (whispering): in the water, hanging on the rigging...
(5) Kyla (whispering): heh
(3) Morti: "Uh.... ok"
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: don't know how it will work here but it works on a lake
(8) Trayn : "done"
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: "And now we all need to pray"
** (3) Morti moves to the front of the boat, hugging Moiraine securely beneath his coat as he watches out ahead **
** (7) Je'rar grabs the oar,and opretends like he's popeye, the mighty sailor bum **
(1) DM: Kyla isn't with you.
(19) Legion (exit): 21:44
(5) Kyla (whispering): you butthead
(3) Morti: (oh, where is she?)
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: "Where is Kyla?"
whispering to Kyla, they would notice
** (7) Je'rar looks to see if she fell overboard **
** (8) Trayn casts a spell of light on the bow.. to illuminate any dangers **
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Look in the water!
(5) Kyla (whispering): awe, no playing as a guilty consious ghost character...
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Drenla can you give us light?
(3) Morti: :staff unsheathed and presenting atorch's light:
(8) Trayn : ((dancing lights would be a great spell as well since you can send that out a ways))
** (3) Morti looks out to the sea, "Kyla?!" **
(1) Drenla: Certainly. (mutters an incantation) His staff sends forth a blazing orb that illuminates the sheets of rain falling from the sky with an white flame.
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: Oh thank you morti...see if ye can see her
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: "KYLA!"
(16) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): any sign of her?
(1) DM: You see no sign of her, anywhere...
(5) Kyla (whispering): not sure if I'm awake, but swim check is a +1 normally.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] -> [11,1] = (12)
(3) Morti: "Kyla has magick items on her, right?"
whispering to Kyla, ok
whispering to Kyla, don't worry about you. heheh
(8) Trayn : "she will have to take care of herself... we need to pay attn to ourselves and this boat"
(5) Kyla (whispering): um, no magic on me, the armour is in a bag I had with me in the crow's nest, not on me. no other magic items
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: "Nay give one more look!"
(5) Kyla (whispering): not worried, if I die, I got to go down with style.
whispering to Kyla, there are only 6 of you in the group, your absence would be noticed eventually. don't worry about it
(7) Je'rar: "Aye, but I dislke leaving her behind like this..much a pain though she can be"
(16) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): are there any cleats to tie off the sail?
(3) Morti: :moves to the bow , facing back toward the boat, carefully he focuses his mind reaching out for traces of the weave (detect magic)
(8) Trayn : ((did we see her get on the boat...))
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, barely
(3) Morti: (she does have that cloak of invisibility)
(5) Kyla (whispering): ((what???))
whispering to Kyla, ((yes))
(5) Kyla: ((what???))
(5) Kyla: ((I have a cloak of invis???))
whispering to Kyla, ((check the logs. you have a cloak of invisibility))
(16) Rainur Swiftblade: ::once rainur ties off the sail he helps Je'rar::
(3) Morti: (I believe it was a gift given at court by the king)
(21) Rainur Swiftblade (enter): 21:50
(5) Kyla: ((that was helpfull, the person needing it the least gets it...))
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (21) Rainur Swiftblade...
(1) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(16) Rainur Swiftblade' from room...
(16) Rainur Swiftblade (exit): 21:50
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: (what happened while I was booted?)
(1) DM: ((nothing))
(5) Kyla: ((I found out I had a cloak of invis.))
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: "I used to do this on a lake but this is insane!"
(1) Drenla: It's not a lake, Rainur.
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: "Tell me which way to go Drenla"
(1) Drenla: East, Rainur.
(7) Je'rar: "Ok..we gotta keep a measured stroke here, just like on yuor lake, Rainur.."
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: "Which is>"
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: ?
(3) Morti: "But what about Kyla!?"
(7) Je'rar: "Drenla,Morti..oneof you care to keep some sort of a measured beat for our strokes?"
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: (we are under sail)
** (1) Drenla points in the direction of the island which you can barely make out through the rain. **
(7) Je'rar: (oh yeah....umm.. doh! )
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: (Je'rar we have a dingy sail)
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: "That bitch....she will see our wrath"
(21) Rainur Swiftblade (whispering): I assume the water splashes over us?
whispering to Rainur Swiftblade, yes, you assume correctly
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: "This water tastes like SALT Yuk!
(1) Drenla: I tried to tell ye many times, Rainur, but ye would not listen.
(1) Drenla: It's not a lake. (chuckles)
(5) Kyla (whispering): maby with that 28 ballance check I invented surfing.... seriouskly though, I knew there was a risk of getting killed with a bad reflex/dex/climbing check before I got in the crows nest, so if I'm dead, I'm dead, and most importantly, it would be my own dam fault, not someone elses lucky assassination roll, so it's good.
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: This is my first experience Drenla...I do not like it.
(21) Rainur Swiftblade: Swim Skill Check: [1d20+4] -> [12,4] = (16)
(8) Trayn : "nor do I.."
(8) Trayn : "how long till we reach shore?"
whispering to Kyla, no, you're not dead, you're just unconscious....but you will be, if you don't come to eventually.
(1) Drenla: About an hour, or so it seems, if we keep up our pace. None of my spells allow us to go faster unfortunately.
(1) DM: Eventually, you reach the island.
(1) DM: By then, you're horribly waterlogged, drenched from head to toe and dead tired. You wash up on the shore of what seems a rocky island, barren with no signs of wildlife, and crowned by a forbidding stone castle.
(1) DM: An ancient gate has been set into a smoothly cut wall shaped from the lichen covered rock of the island. A rusted gate bars your way. It's the last thing you see before you lose consciousness.
(1) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms