Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
(6) TaliesinNYC: before we begin, a couple of
(6) TaliesinNYC: so pay attention Alfred
(11) Trayn : haha
(10) Je'rar: (aww yeah Stan..damn it man, I
gotta say..you d some of the damndest nice work with these maps ! )
(6) TaliesinNYC: Clerics receive 3 skill points
per level. it's always been the case, but in case you didn't know, now you do
(10) Je'rar: Tangers get 10 ,right ?
(6) TaliesinNYC: also, clerics in this game,
receive 3 domains BUT access to the 3rd domain (your choice) is not possible
until you reach 9th level
(10) Je'rar: (say yes, oh please say yes
(6) TaliesinNYC: (hah)
(6) TaliesinNYC: so Alfred, if you didn't know,
adjust your skill selection and your spells
(11) Trayn : and your domains
(10) Je'rar: (whoa STan..that last part's
def. big.. very handy thing for any cleric to know)
(11) Trayn : you only get 2 right now
(6) TaliesinNYC: there is a document on the
site which lists domains for each Aspect that is commonly worshipped in the
part of the game world where we're currently located
(3) Reiner Swiftblade: giot it
(6) TaliesinNYC: so if you don't know what
domains The War Father has access to, refer to that list
(3) Reiner Swiftblade: got
(12) ShadowBane (enter): 13:38
(12) ShadowBane (whispering): shall
(3) Reiner Swiftblade: Have the document
(6) TaliesinNYC: granted powers are different
for each Aspect even though the domains are the same
(6) TaliesinNYC: so basically a granted power
for a Fire domain varies from Aspect to Aspect even though two Aspects might
have access to the Fire domain
whispering to ShadowBane, stay if you want
whispering to ShadowBane, up to you
(11) Trayn : hmmm
(6) TaliesinNYC: ok? finally
(11) Trayn : now i have to look
(6) TaliesinNYC: if you want to know what
granted powers you get, send me an e-mail. there are too many Aspects for me to
(6) TaliesinNYC: all right, finally
(6) TaliesinNYC: Clerics, like their arcane
counterparts are Tested but the difference is that arcane casters are Tested on
or before they reach 5th level, clerics can be Tested by their god at any time
(6) TaliesinNYC: the Test, regardless of
whether its a cleric or a mage is basically the same: a magical, physical and
spiritual challenge that will truly determine whether it is for you to be a
mage or a cleric
(11) Trayn : and all the time
(5) Morti: "And so on the streets of
Tolmara, the high and mighty Solnor appeared before his servant Trayn, holding
forth a hand and instructing..."
(12) ShadowBane (exit): 13:43
(5) Morti: "Oh faithful one...."
(6) TaliesinNYC: lol
** (11) Trayn looks around at his continual never
ending test **
(5) Morti: "...balance this egg on your
nose for ten seconds"
(5) Morti: :checking watch: "Okay....
(10) Je'rar: LOL
(6) TaliesinNYC: ok, I need to mention those
things b/c someone brought it up in the Friday game and wasn't clear
(3) Reiner Swiftblade: (I guess getting squashed
against a wall by a Emerald Drake construct is not test enough LOL)
(6) DM: Today's game begins three days after
your defeat of Narbius.
(5) Morti (whispering): (GW):
haha... I only have to get tested once
whispering to Morti, so? they only get tested
once as well
(6) Blaine: Now that ye have returned my legacy
to me, we must make haste to Tolmara so I can present myself to His Majesty at
(5) Morti (whispering): hehe,
nm. Didn't mean to toggle you to group whisper
(6) Blaine: So, if ye have any business in the
City, ye can pursue that after we conduct ourselves at Court.
(3) Reiner Swiftblade: "Aye t'would be an
(11) Trayn : ((so these 3 days havent been
lounging around days but travel and organization days with Blaine..))
(10) Je'rar: "Hmm.. guess that means
I'm supposed to get myself all cleaned up..."
(11) Trayn : "Yes... lets make your
** (5) Morti is a bit tired from his faulty, if not
dedicated training with Reiner. Hopefully he won't have to do much more of
that. "Ok, let's get going. **
** (3) Reiner Swiftblade looks spiffy after putting
on the chain **
(5) Morti: :to Blaine: "So... what are
you going to do about your ancestral home? Will the new generation be returning
** (10) Je'rar takes a bath,cleans his armor,tries
wielding the rapier,seing how well it complements his attire **
(11) Trayn : "It would seem fitting for
you to regenerate your families position and manor"
(3) Reiner Swiftblade (exit): 13:51
(11) Trayn : "As befits someone of your
now regained station"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (enter): 13:52
(6) Blaine: Oh indeed. I have plans and
preparations ready, to restore this house to a semblance of its former glory.
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (13)
(5) Morti: "Great. I hope you can make
it a peaceful place"
(6) Blaine: I truly cannot thank ye enough for
what ye have done for me. (smiles)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Well good fer
you...I know you will make good on yer promise to us"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Make this world a
better place with yer actions"
(5) Morti: "Yeah... just don't make us
regret making you rich again"
(11) Trayn : "You have rewarded us in
kind.. but setting things straight with your family was the right thing to
(6) Blaine: Why would ye say that, lad?
** (10) Je'rar looks on at Morti, a bit taken aback
by his comment **
(5) Morti: :grins: "Nothing, I'm sure
you'll do just fine"
(6) Blaine: (looks relieved)
(10) Je'rar: "Morti..I have no regrets;
we all lived,yes?"
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade rubs the maine of his horse
and pats her on the neck..."Ye are a good mare" **
(11) Trayn : "what is our
responsibility with your visit to the King?"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "I think we are
visitin King AAyers on the request of Drenla as well"
(11) Trayn : "I wouldnt want to
overstep or underprovide for your spotlight into the royal circle"
(6) Blaine: Oh, merely presentation at Court. (smiles
(11) Trayn : "well let that remain a
(6) Drenla: And my own report as well (smiles
just as mysteriously)
(11) Trayn : "to shoot 2 birds with one
stone may seem.... unseeming"
** (5) Morti moves to saddle up, scooping up Moiraine
from his saddlebag as he does **
(11) Trayn : "and will certianly
detract from Blaines... presenting"
(6) Drenla: The journey to Tolmara is swift,
and occasionless. After two short days, you are within sight of the City of the
Citadel once again, the sparkling towers of the Diamond Citadel looming on the
(6) DM: (lol)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): how are you today? to drenla
(6) Drenla: (during the journey) As I said
earlier, the time for secrets is about to come to an end. I am, and shall
always be, an agent for the Citadel and also for the Crown of Wylund. I was
acting on behalf of His Majesty when we first met at Jeroth's Well, lo those
many weeks ago, and I apologize for any deceptions I have laid upon ye.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ::To Drenla:: "Sut
naa Lle sina re Drenla?"
(5) Morti: :to Reiner: "Eh?"
(6) Drenla: Your elven is flawless, if a bit
(10) Je'rar: "haha..and a great many
they have been, Drenla..at one time, I was unsure of we were making the right
choice in rescuing you.. but I guess it turned out to be the right
** (10) Je'rar msmiles **
(6) Drenla: You would do well however to
remember that it is a bit impolite to speak what is not understood, even though
the Queen Consort is of star elven descent.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "I have always
loved the sound of the language ...it just rolls off the tongue"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Need to practice
(5) Morti: :sourly: "Yeah, it's unfair
to speak in a way I don't understand"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Tamuril would
always correct me...we would always work on my diction"
(6) Drenla: Now, as I was saying, you were all
in grave danger, when you were in the company of those Kernin slavers. And you
may still be in grave danger, but we shall not know the extent of this danger
until matters are put to the test. This business of the coins of blood is most
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ::look of deep loss
comes over his face::
(10) Je'rar: "Simple solution: we kill
(11) Trayn : "yes... anything that
subverts the will is to be discouraged"
** (5) Morti notes Reiner's sore disposition, before
Drenla's words catch him back **
(11) Trayn : "and thing drawing you
into evil acts is much more so"
(11) Trayn : "Je'rar..."
(11) Trayn : "Killing is rarely the
(5) Morti: "Isn't kill a bit harsh?
Shouldn't we try to capture instead?"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "I will face any
danger my friend...may it be the will of the War Father that I should triumph
over that danger"
(11) Trayn : "it may be the easiest....
but not the best"
(10) Je'rar: "Well? Seems easy enough,they
are the kinds of people that my people hate,keeping others from living wild and
free.. why, I remember once back in my youth...."
** (10) Je'rar grimaces at an old memory **
(10) Je'rar: "Anyway..the only good
slaver is a dea one..they're even lower than orcs"
(10) Je'rar: *dead one
(6) Drenla: (continuing and not noticing
Reiner's disposition) I realize you have things which draw you away from the
City, and so I shall not endeavor to dissuade you from your pursuits. However
you should know the extent of what you are about to become or have become
(5) Morti: :grimaces a bit, uneasy to stick
up for them for certain reasons, however...: "They're still people. They
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Drenla, her family
gave me the name Ecthelion Seregon, now they are all gone"
(10) Je'rar: "Ectheli..what?"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: (an odd time for reiner
to be opening up to Drenla )
(5) Morti: :once more to Reiner:
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): Reiner the blademaster
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade senses that his life is
going to change yet again with Drenla's words **
(6) Drenla: Hmm?
(6) Drenla: Ah, my apologies for your loss.
(5) Morti: (and with that monumental
statement from Drenla, Reiner's life was changed)
(6) Drenla: I assume it was orcs, eh?
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: Partly...we do not
know....no one was left to tell."
(6) Drenla: Not surprising. Your people have
ever been at swords' odds with orcs of all stripes.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: Saw a few dead ones and
some creatures that we did not recognize"
(5) Morti: :scarf drops into a sorrowful
pout as he listens to Reiner talk:
(6) Drenla: Know that I share the pain of your
loss even though I am as far removed from you as a staff is different from a
sword. We have fought as allies, shared pain and loss and death. I am truly
(10) Je'rar: "Well cheer up my brother,for
on our journey i am sure we will get to slay a great many of them"
(10) Je'rar: ^said rather grimly
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "There were
shredded pieces of Kernian scarves, but that could have been from the conquests
of the orcs"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "We do not
(6) DM: (not Kernian, Alfred. KERNIN; Kernian
is actually an insult.)
(5) Morti: (if they killed his people, makes
sense why he'd insult them)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Well no matter
now...you were saying Drena"
(6) DM: ((Kern is the country; Kernin describes
the point of origin or a citizen from Kern; Kernian and Kernite are insults;
Kernish is the language))
(5) Morti: "Don't worry. Things can
always get better" :ridding up beside Reiner: "here hold Moiraine.
She makes me feel better" holding out the kitten in offering:
(6) DM: ((just being technically accurate))
(5) Morti: (and kernel is a piece of corn)
(10) Je'rar: ( *pop*)
(5) Morti: (he makes good chicken too)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ::stoic look comes over
(6) DM: ((well, setting it straight b/c y'all
don't know. =)))
(6) DM: (continuing and switching the subject)
Thirty years ago, as you may know, we were invaded by Kern. Kern has always had
designs on its neighbors, to use as resources for its own expansionist
ambitions, and the invasion was not a surprise, for diplomatic incidents had
hinted as to its occurrence. The swiftness of the invasion took us by surprise,
(5) Morti: (and I really should to, being
from Kern and all)
(6) Drenla: The Kernin had magical assistance,
from their ilythi'iri allies and from a band of villains, whose members have
passed into legend. Some of those members are still alive. (grimly)
(5) Morti: (MUAHAHAHAHA)
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade pulls out a little woven
trinket from his pouch looks at it and smiles then puts it away **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Nadorhuanrim!"
(6) Drenla: Mention of their allies and these
individuals has not passed into history, save for those such as sages and
loremasters, who know the truth of what occurred. If common individuals knew
that the emergence of the god Illaenth was related to the defeat of the Spider
Queen, then no one would believe it for the tale would be too well-crafted in
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): mangy dongs
(11) Trayn : "all of this is highly
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Aye"
** (5) Morti situated betrween the morning Reiner and
ongoing Drenla looks confused and not too anxious ask what they have to do with
a Spider Queen **
(6) Drenla: Officially, in the year 3030 of the
Praxthian calendar, Wylund was invaded by Kern, who then annexed the Kingdom to
their Duchy. The Kernin were then driven back to their homeland by the Wylundi
along with their allies, the Ulu'taari, the Council of Alalminor and the elves
of Feandoril. Unofficially, the Wylundi also employed the assistance of
Gairlandia, a country ruled by wizards and priests of Hurishta, and the
assistance of a group of adventurers known as The Prophecy of Light.
(5) Morti: "Wow, sounds
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "My grandfather
gave me some of this history in song but not as detailed as this...it was a
pround moment in our history"
(6) Drenla: The members of the Prophecy of
Light numbered six: Ayyers Falconedge, who is now our beloved King, Garath
Tremaine who is now The Magister of the Diamond Citadel, a dwarven monk of
Tevesh, my....Asianna Corsair, the Mistress of the Night's Eye, a guild
belonging to the Silent Network in Tolrindel, and two others.
(11) Trayn : "Sounds like a group I
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "That was THE
(5) Morti: "Ayyers Falconedge, that's
the King we're going to meet, right? And Master Tremaine too? Wow"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ;;mouth opens wide with
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Ye are truly
(11) Trayn : "ah I see.. well people of
power, law and justice dont get to their appointed place by accident"
(6) Drenla: Ever since the events of the
invasion those thirty years ago, ever since the Kernin were defeated, Kern has
vowed revenge on all who have crossed their path. My lords, The Magister and
His Majesty have uncovered stirrings of a plot meant to destroy Wylund along
with their allies, but we have not discovered any connections. I say this to
you as background so that you are suitably armed with this information.
(5) Morti: :arches his clothed brow: "And
that's where the slavers and ....Almeena come in, right?
(6) Drenla: In the time that His Majesty has
been King, he has attempted to be a good ruler to the people of our Kingdom,
and to bring into line notions of justice, law and chivalry that were unknown
even in the days when Wylund was a far-flung province of the Mel'Cendian
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): Harpers
(6) Drenla: I'm getting to that, Morti.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Are the Nandorors
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, no, Alfred. wrong
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, oh ok
** (5) Morti takes an unsure gulp and nods back to
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, hah,. I'm
trying to get away from the Forgotten Realms here. bear with me
(6) Drenla: Ays, they are, but not in numbers
as they once were.
(5) Morti: "nando-wha?"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ;;reiner's face turns
(6) Drenla: Slavery is one such evil that he
has yet to successfully stamp out. He is trying, but I fear he shall be
unsuccessful because of certain influences such as those merchants whom we were
(10) Je'rar: "Aw damn..guess this means
we have to try to take those slavers alive as prisoners to beat information out
(6) Drenla: Perhaps, perhaps not.
(6) Blaine: (listens but his thoughts are
(11) Trayn : "and I would prefer to
bring them.. at least their leaders... to justice"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "This is beyond us
Drenla we are mere humble workings in this"
(6) Drenla: His Majesty wishes to permanently
stamp out the root of this evil, but is not prepared for an undertaking that
this would require, so he has enlisted the help of various adventurers
throughout the Kingdom to assist the Kingdom in these endeavors. I am not about
to ask ye to assist however. I sense that your efforts lie elsewhere, where
there is a great need.
(10) Je'rar: "Maybe they can question
their dead bodies?"
(6) Drenla: This brings me to you, apprentice.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ;;looks at morti::
(5) Morti: :gulps: "What about
(10) Je'rar: "and Drenny old buddy... I
don't see why we can't assist the kingdom along the path of our
(6) Drenla: You should know that I was tasked
with two things: to observe the merchants known as Xavick, Tarth and Shagath,
three members of a ring of Kernin slavers who call themselves the Seal of Fire.
I was also called upon to watch for signs or hints of an items known as
bloodcoins. You saw some of those recently.
(5) Morti: "Hai... we've seen em a few
(10) Je'rar: "Hmm... just whar are
those bloodcoins,and, can you tell us more about this Seal of Fire? They
obviously hold grievance with us..and me sespecially,as it was I who was handed
the coins in the first place."
(6) Drenla: These coins are believed to be the
work of an artifice-mage of considerable skill, whose delvings have also gone
into the paths of necromancy. (staring at Morti) This mage, who is ruthless in
her practice of the dark arts, both in procuring material for her work and also
in silencing those who would unmask her, calls herself Almeena the Ever Maiden.
(11) Trayn : "finding who is crafting
them and putting a stop to it would be key"
(11) Trayn : "yes!"
(10) Je'rar: "So you see Drenal, the
kingdom and I have a shared concern in this matter, as it became kinda...
(10) Je'rar: personal"
(10) Je'rar: *Drenla
(5) Morti: :shirnks down into his saddle as
Drenla speaks. he croaks out: "Yeah... I heard at the citadel"
(6) Drenla: It so happens that the ambassador
from Kern, who has recently arrived to take up residence in the Castle, as a
special "guest" of His Majesty, is none other than Almeena
Darlastair. The coincidence in first names is unusual, all the more so because
"Almeena" is a rare name in Kern.
(6) Drenla: Yes, you did.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ::gasps::
(5) Morti: :goes shock still, and cautiously
looks up to Drenla. Finding his old stutter: "Y-yo-you mean.... sh-she's
ah... at the Castle?"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "She will try to
turn King Aayers to her ways....how was that accepted?"
(6) Drenla: I mention this because I find it
unusual that one of our number, who speaks Common with a Kernin accent, should
also bear markings that resemble magicka worked by Almeena. Her magickal
signature is unmistakeable, not to mention infamous for the crudity of her
work. Perhaps you can explain, apprentice?
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "This is a serieous
problem...strike from within....a real problem"
(10) Je'rar: "perhaps, reiner..the king
allows it to see his enemy up close and first-hand?"
(11) Trayn : "keep your friends close
and your enemies closer?"
(11) Trayn : "only in court politics...
not for those with blood on their minds"
(10) Je'rar: "or..maybe we ought to try
and find the time to follow this magic person who wants to betray the
** (5) Morti gives a sharp shake of his head in the
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Morti, what are ye
(5) Morti: :visible shivering: "I don't
want to go to the castle"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): intimidating morti
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: Intimidate Skill Check:
[1d20+9] -> [1,9] = (10)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): failed
(11) Trayn : ((and didnt that suck))
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Ye are really
scared aren't you?"
(5) Morti: (don't matter, he's scared enough
at the moment)
(6) Drenla: She is at the Castle, as a result
of negotiations between the Grand Dukes of Kern and His Majesty, along with
arbitrations by the members of the Treaty of the Shieldbearer.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ;;reiner shakes his
head:: "A deal with snakes will surely result in a bite"
(6) Drenla: (calmly) Morti, you are under my
protection and under the protection of the Citadel. If this Almeena bears you
ill-will, she will not strike, not whilst you bear the mark of The Magister.
(5) Morti: :gulps hard: "Yeah, r-right...
You aren't strong enough."
(5) Morti: :swallows hard:
(6) Drenla: If ye do not wish to answer, then I
shall not force ye. But it would help if ye did.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "and if she dares
morti, I will kill her with my bare hands!"
(6) Drenla: (stops his horse)
(6) Blaine: Eh?
(5) Morti: :loos to Reiner horrified:
"No! Don't try that!"
(10) Je'rar: "Morti's right,Reiner..better
to use cold steel"
(5) Morti: :eyes fall toward the ground:
"Y-you'll never get near her...bef-before...." :shiver:
(6) Drenla: SHE HAS NOT SEEN THE MIGHT OF A
CITADEL MAGE! (draws himself up to his full height and holds his staff
menancingly, blue and purple lightning crackling, lending an aura of menace to
Drenla that none of you have ever seen before.)
(6) Blaine: Er...I have not done anything.... (cringes)
(10) Je'rar: "WHoa..easy killer"
(6) DM: Drenla's eyes flare with silver fire,
as silver light streams out from his eyes, mouth and hands. Then just as
suddenly, the effects fade away.
** (5) Morti looks up to Drenla, tears soaking a bit
of his mask beneath his eys, while quietly taking in the spectacle and judging
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Aye....you see
morti, ye are protected lad"
(6) Drenla: My apologies, my lord. Friends. (bows
humbly and settles back on his horse)
(5) Morti: :to Drenla wearily: "Only
until she makes that might hers...."
(11) Trayn : "well if it bolsters
Morti's courage... its wasn't folly"
(6) Drenla: I repeat (with deathly calm), this
Kernin necromancer has no idea whom or what she is dealing with.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "You know her then
Morti, come on tell us so we are prepared when we face her"
(6) Drenla: She dares not work her dark arts
whilst she is on holy ground. Did ye not know? The Castle is a temple to
Solnor. 'Tis one of the scandals amongst the priests resident in the City. That
the King would favor one god amongst the pantheon...but then again, His Majesty
IS a paladin of the Lightwalker. (grins widely)
(6) Drenla: Not just a temple, but a holy
cathedral. No doubt, her very body is on fire even as we speak. (grins)
(5) Morti: :to Drenla: "Necromancy is a
hobby to her. She's an Enchantress of immense power. For years I watched her
control people of impressive power just like you with ease. I should know..."
:takes faulting breath: "I was her hand servant for those years"
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade chuckles **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Is she the reason
you wear these bandages?"
** (5) Morti turns away from Reiner's question **
** (11) Trayn confirms this is true (about the temple
being the castle) **
(6) Blaine: (listens with awe) I am truly
honored to be in the company of such heroes. I cannot...words cannot express
the debt which I have, in your debt...
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "That bitch hurt
you didn't she!"
(6) Blaine: (falls silent with respect)
(11) Trayn : "please lets rein in this
(5) Morti: :ignoring Reiner and Blaine, he
continues to Drenla: "And even if she is... mildly upset by the castle....
it doesn't mean her servants are.."
** (11) Trayn scolds Reiner **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): whispers to Drenla...do you think that Blaine should be
privvy to this information?
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, he won't
remember any of it, after we enter the City, the spell I cast previously will
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade is visibly upset that Morti
may have been abused by the mage **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "May the will of
the War Father and the grace of Solnor help to bring her to justice"
(6) Drenla: Very well, then Morti. You've
answered my question without answering it. I must caution ye however, that the
Test will cause ye to face your fear, or let it conquer ye forevermore. We
shall not speak of this again, until ye are ready.
** (5) Morti nods to Drenla **
(11) Trayn : "yes" he states
simply to Reiners statement
(6) DM: Eventually, you enter Tolmara. It is
the dead of winter, as farmlands pass by you, you see the fields covered with a
mantle of snow and ice. Even the walls of the City are frozen, with scales and
shingles of snow and ice.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Oh everpresent War
Father, help me to do thy will and help to purge the evil from this land...may
it be your will"
(6) DM: Blaine, true to Drenla's words, seems
to have forgotten what he'd heard previously, although his respectful manner has
(5) Morti: :as they ride into the city,
Morti having been silent up until now, cautiously inquires to Drenla: "How
long has Almeena been here again?"
(6) Blaine: Come! I have sent word ahead for us
to be expected at the Castle. Court is tomorrow, after breakfast. Afterwards,
you may pursue whatever you need to within the city. (smiles gently)
(6) Drenla: Two months. The time for her to
return to her homeland is drawing near, however.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Perhaps we can go
on the prowl for some feminine companionship afterwards Blaine" ::laughs
(5) Morti: :gives a discrete grin to Blaine
before returning to whisper to Drenla: "By then it may be too late. She
probably has control of most of the facets of the city by now. Many guards are
probably under her sway as well as officials... maybe even the justicars that
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ::looks around::
"There are sure a great deal of pretty faces to look at here "
(11) Trayn : ((let me know if i should respond
to that - right now im out of earshot))
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Where are we all
(6) Drenla: This is your fear speaking, Morti.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): reiner looks around to see if they are being followed or
anything out of the ordinary is happening
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "I could use some
northern lamb pie Drenla
(6) Drenla: At Court tomorrow, ye shall see
whether this is true or no. Another thing ye do not know is that the magic of
the Diamond Citadel is linked to the Castle. Nothing can occur within the
Castle that The Magister does not will...especially given the events of a month
** (11) Trayn will dissaprove of any lewd behavior **
(5) Morti: :stares to the ground:
"Maybe... but.... she has her ways..."
(5) Morti: :glances back: "W-what
happened a m-month ago?"
(6) Drenla: We shall see, one way or another. Now,
no more of this.
(6) Drenla: There was an assassination attempt.
'Twas foiled by The Magister.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "hmm"
(5) Morti: :chews his lips nervously,
obviously on edge:
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "who was the
(6) Drenla: It involved an item of great power.
'Twas countered because of another item that The Magister was wearing at the
time of the attempt.
(6) Drenla: His Majesty, of course. (quietly)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "HE was the
(11) Trayn : "well a man of such
position needs such things it seems"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "hmm"
(6) Drenla: Ays. Now, we must not talk of this
until we are within the Castle. No telling who might be listening.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: Can we talk about
northern lamb pie?
(6) Drenla: And cider. (grins)
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade 's stomach is growling **
(11) Trayn : "certianly"
(6) Drenla: I shall remember to ask for plenty
of tage to accompany the pie. (grins)
(5) Morti: :even the mention of food and
cider doesn't seem to ease him:
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): do we pass that bar as we enter the city?
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Two days without
any real food...."
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "I still do not
know how you knew that I would finish that pie?"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Ye casted a
gluttony spell on me didn't ye drenla?"
** (11) Trayn proceeds in silence **
(10) Je'rar: "He knew reiner,because I
wasn't there to take a slice from you at the time"
** (10) Je'rar laughs at this joke **
(10) Je'rar: *his
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: Reiner makes his way to
** (5) Morti follows quietly after Reiner **
** (11) Trayn will head to a temple of Solnor is he
doesnt need to be here **
(10) Je'rar: "hm..tavern...good
** (10) Je'rar trails after **
(5) Morti: (rp or fast forward?)
(6) DM: (Fast forward)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ok
(6) DM: After breakfast the next day, you make
your way to the throne room at the Castle.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): Sturrok the Wise was Reiner's grandfather just in case you
wish to incorporate it
(6) DM: The throne room is filled with all
manner of dignitaries, courtiers, nobles, servants and attendants. Seated on
the throne is a man of about fifty winters, with a dignified and statesman-like
air, graying brown hair and solemn clear blue eyes, in full plate armor, with
an ermine-trimmed purple robe. Next to him is a stunningly beautiful half-star
elven maiden in a crimson and white gown. Around her tanned, bronzed skin is a
choker of pearls, emeralds and rubies. A simple golden circlet adorns her head.
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, ok
** (5) Morti has been quiet and displaced since the
day before and stays to the middle of the group, pratically trying to hide, as
they enter to the throne room **
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade removes his coif and cloak
out of respect **
** (11) Trayn looks honorable but avoids acting proud
(5) Morti: :trying to stay calm and still he
peruses the audience:
(6) Vorik, Royal Herald: May it please Your
Majesties, The Company of the Fires of Truth
(5) Morti (whispering): btw...
preped spells: Resistance, daze x2, magic missile x2
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ;;looks at Drenla with
** (10) Je'rar adopts a court-like presence in the
manner of his people **
(6) DM: A venturing group, numbering five, all
women it seems like, garbed in armor ranging from emerald drakescale to full
plate to silver chain approach in a straight line down the red carpet leading
from the throne room double doors to about five feet from the dais on which the
thrones are set.
(6) The Company of the Fires of Truth: We, the
members of the Company of the Fires of Truth, duly chartered and recognized by
the grace of King Ayyers Falconedge, the First of Solnor and Defender of the Crown,
do so pledge our loyalty to the sovereign ruler of Wylund. By this pledge, we
vow to obey Wylund's laws when within the kingdom's borders, to neither plot
nor aid an action against the kingdom's well-being, to come to her aid when
summoned against a threat to the kingdom, and to faithfully renew our charter
within the prescribed time allowed. This we pledge in the name of each of the
gods that we follow.
(5) Morti: (My god.... there still doing
these after a month? how many are there!?)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ((LOL))
(6) DM: Each member of the company recites this
in unison, on bended knee, and then stands as one, saluting the King with
raised swords, then sheathe them, and retreat to one side.
** (10) Je'rar pointedly takes note of the whole
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Are there any other
companies who are present who wish to be presented?
(5) Morti (whispering): and
I left Moiraine back at Blaine's just to be safe
(6) DM: ((There are A LOT of adventuring groups
who pass through and make Wylund their home. A LOT))
(6) DM: ((About five groups a day actually, go
through the ceremony))
whispering to Morti, ok
(5) Morti: :to Drenla: "What's going
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade stands like a soldier at
** (11) Trayn is not surprised by this it seems **
(6) Drenla: The Ceremony of Presentation. It is
a tradition that His Majesty started, about a month ago, on the eve of his
betrothal. Companies swear allegiance to the Crown, are entered into the Book
of Names, and are given or granted the privilege to adventure in Wylund whilst
they are within the Kingdom's borders.
(11) Trayn : "you've never taken an
oath?" he whispers to Morti
(6) Drenla: Previous to this, they were not
officially recognized by the Crown, and thus were not accorded legitimacy by
the King and the Realm.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): too bad I am not Garath...I would make Drenla fart in rhythm
(5) Morti: ".. granted the
priviledege... does that mean we've been breaking the law until now?"
(5) Morti: :shakes his head to Trayn:
(11) Trayn : "certainly not..." he
(11) Trayn : (he hopes this is the truth)
(6) Drenla: (ahem) Officially, no. Not whilst
ye are within the company of an agent for the Crown as ye have been. (smiles)
(5) Morti: ".... ah"
(6) Drenla: But then, ye did not know that
until recently. (grins)
(11) Trayn : "I would consider an
recognized member of Solnor's church an ample agent as well"
** (11) Trayn puts on a stoic face **
(6) Vorik, Royal Herald: Certes, Your Majesty.
May I present The Company of Deron's Tusk?
(10) Je'rar: "SSo we're supposed to
make up a name for ourselves or something?"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Deron's Tusk?
Where do they get these names?" ::chuckles::
(10) Je'rar: "I am of the free peoples
of the open land"
(5) Morti: "What's a Tusk?"
(10) Je'rar: "there..sound like good
name to me"
(6) DM: A troop of dwarves and halflings
solemnly approach the pair of thrones, plate and chain armor clanking as they
troop down the chamber. They don't bend their knees, but instead bow deeply.
(11) Trayn : ((bah where were these
(6) The Company of Deron's Tusk: We, the
members of the Company of Deron's Tusk, duly chartered and recognized by the
grace of King Ayyers Falconedge, the First of Solnor and Defender of the Crown,
do so pledge our loyalty to the sovereign ruler of Wylund. By this pledge, we
vow to obey Wylund's laws when within the kingdom's borders, to neither plot
nor aid an action against the kingdom's well-being, to come to her aid when
summoned against a threat to the kingdom, and to faithfully renew our charter
within the prescribed time allowed. This we pledge in the name of each of the
gods that we follow.
(6) DM: (lol)
(11) Trayn : ((Vrondard could have changed
to a better group))
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ((LOL))
** (6) Ayyers Falconedge nods, and seems especially
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: May the light of Lord
Solnor bless ye and your axes in your travels, friends.
** (11) Trayn beams **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Adz-kharak!
(5) Morti: (but we all would have missed the
half-sized jerk. I know Git would)
(6) Drenla: Stone dwarven for "Rise,
(6) DM: The dwarves and halflings rise, proudly
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade starts to stir a bit
uncomfortable with all the padgentry **
(6) Gorn Granitehelm: Ye speak well of our
fathers, Yer Majesty. We are proud to call ye dwarf-friend.
** (6) Gorn Granitehelm bows, then leads his company
off to one side. **
(6) Drenla: Ye may wish to present yourselves.
Ye don't have to. 'Twill make your lives easier, of course.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Aye we will follow
your lead Drenla"
** (5) Morti does his best to scratch an itch on the
back of his head considering the high mannered setting **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Very well. Before we
continue with our work for the day, are there any others who wish to be Presented?
(10) Je'rar: "the company of freemen
who choose to make their own fate"
(5) Morti: (rather, NOT to scratch)
(10) Je'rar: "?"
(10) Je'rar: "hmm.. the company of
(5) Morti: :to Jer'ar: "EH?"
(6) Drenla: (chuckles) Is that the name ye wish
to use? Bear in mind that once chosen, it cannot be altered unless the Company
(10) Je'rar: "well this while thing
about naming ourselves is rather silly"
(10) Je'rar: "We are so diverse from
(10) Je'rar: "Well..except for reiner
(6) Drenla: Perhaps, perhaps not. But 'tis
(11) Trayn : "Certianly not that
(10) Je'rar: "The company of
(10) Je'rar: "least that sounds
(10) Je'rar: "Ogrebane? They kill ogres
for a hobby? omigod..."
(5) Morti: "We've never faced ogre's
though.... and isn't that your family name?"
(11) Trayn : "I'd say the Company of
True Light... but I wouldnt insult Reiner with such an obvious tribute to
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: You pick the name
Drenla...it is of no matter to me...I am Swiftblade and by no other name am I
(10) Je'rar: "And I am of Clan
(10) Je'rar: (clan within my peoples..sub-clan?)
(11) Trayn : "our name should be
uplifting to those that just here it"
(6) Drenla: (chuckles) Very well, Master
(6) Drenla: (pauses)
(11) Trayn : (clan and family name)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "If we must have a
label then give us one you deem appropriate Drenla
(5) Morti: "Hm... the Company of
Windbag.... does sound interesting..."
(11) Trayn : "absolutely not"
(10) Je'rar: "bah if he does, it better
not sound girlish or weak or stupid or ..."
** (10) Je'rar grins slyly at Drenla,aware that he
knows what he's getting at **
(11) Trayn : "we would be thought of as
polititians or musicians"
** (6) Drenla leads you out into the main passage of
the chamber. **
(10) Je'rar: "Musician? Me? HAhahaah
the only music I play is the song of my blade "
(6) DM: All eyes turn to face you, as Drenla
leads you to the dais. The King nods perceptibly at Drenla, as he whispers into
** (11) Trayn quiets immediately **
(10) Je'rar: "And I seriously doubt
anyone will ever mistake me for a politician.." looking at Trayn
(10) Je'rar: *tries to listen in on what
(10) Je'rar (whispering): listen
(6) Drenla: Remember, repeat the oath after me.
(6) Drenla: (quietly)
(5) Morti: "Eh?"
(6) Vorik, Royal Herald: Your Honored
Majesties, may I present The Company of Freeswords Eternal?
(10) Je'rar: "hmm..yeah,that
** (5) Morti looks around for the company in question
** (11) Trayn frowns slightly at this violent and
chaotic name **
** (10) Je'rar nods at that **
(6) Drenla: Honored Majesties, lords and
ladies. This august company is standing here, and 'tis their first time, so
please forgive this unusual manner of oath-taking.
(5) Morti (whispering): Nice
name. I like it
(10) Je'rar: "....."
** (10) Je'rar stands as I would before a council
(6) Drenla: We, the members of the Company of
Freeswords Eternal, duly chartered and recognized by the grace of King Ayyers
Falconedge, the First of Solnor and Defender of the Crown, do so pledge our
loyalty to the sovereign ruler of Wylund. By this pledge, we vow to obey
Wylund's laws when within the kingdom's borders, to neither plot nor aid an
action against the kingdom's well-being, to come to her aid when summoned
against a threat to the kingdom, and to faithfully renew our charter within the
prescribed time allowed. This we pledge in the name of each of the gods that we
(15) Valuk d'lil tresk'ri (enter): 15:59
(11) Trayn : .
** (5) Morti glances to Drenla, and rememberin what
he said about repeating, stiffens at the long dissertation **
(6) DM: (I'll assume you repeat that oath. No
need to type it)
(15) Valuk d'lil tresk'ri (whispering): sup tal
** (10) Je'rar nudges renla **
** (11) Trayn repeats this pledge adding "in the
name of Solnor" **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: (no)
(6) Drenla: (bows and leads you off to one
(10) Je'rar: whispers.."does this thing
work both ways?"
(11) Trayn : at the last portion
** (5) Morti follows along repeating with the rest,
faulting a few times, but talking so lowly it's probably missed **
(6) Drenla: (you are bound by the terms of the
oath as long as you are a member of this Company.)
(6) Drenla: (glances at Reiner)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: I am Ulu'taar, as member
of this company, duly chartered and recognized by the grace of King Aayers
(15) Valuk d'lil tresk'ri (exit): 16:01
(5) Morti: :to Drenla: "Um....
(6) Drenla: (You put this company at jeopardy
by refusing to utter the oath, Reiner)
(10) Je'rar: *but herein lies the conundrum:
what to do if my peoples should ever have occaison to confront the kingdom? Not
very likely I admit, but still.. my duty is to my people first,last,and
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: the First of Solnor and
Defender of the crown
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: (the rest is as
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, just amend that
to whatever you wish to say. don't bother typing it out
(5) Morti: :aftering hearing Jer'ar:
"He makes a point... and um... what if you're from another country? Say...
(10) Je'rar: < waits,and sees the
reaction to Reiner's statement,to deicde whether or not to folow his lead
(6) Drenla: (rolls his eyes)
(10) Je'rar: waits,seeing the reaction to
Reiner' statement, before deciding whether or not to follow his lead
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: (frowns at the amended
oaths but nods his head and then glances at Drenla with a penetrating gaze)
(6) Drenla: (bows his head at the silent
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: (Reiner basicly pledges
alliance but does not recognize him as his soveriegn)
(11) Trayn : ((her fault for cowboying this
** (5) Morti notes the Drenla's interaction with the
King but says nothing **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Very well then, so
noted. Let your oaths stand and let it be known that you are bound to their
terms so long as your Companies are affirmed. Renew them at this date one year
** (6) Sesprina Eveningsong whispers into the King's
ear and lays a hand on his arm. **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: As the first order of
business, let the ambassador from Kern come forth.
** (5) Morti turns away from the throne as their part
is over... and he freezes as the ambassador is called, not yet redy to turn
(6) Vorik, Royal Herald: Lady Almeena
Darlastair, the Duchess of Whytecoin, the Ever Maiden, Sister of Almaril the
Rosewarden and Evening Star, come forward!
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: (shows Aayers infinite
amounts of respect though)
(11) Trayn (whispering): im
going to be gone for the next half hour or so....
(11) Trayn (whispering): pregnant
wife wants to eat...
(11) Trayn (whispering): so
maybe i can traipse off the the temple for what passes for mass around here
(6) DM: At those words, a tall, statuesque
woman with icy facial features, alabaster skin and overweening pride so thick
you could slice it with a jagged dagger, with hair the color of damp straw that
falls to her waist and eyes the hue of an angry stormy sky strides confidently
towards the throne. Her very demeanor speaks arrogance in the way she presents
herself to all assembled. The King frowns, his brow knitting closely as he
grips the throne tightly, his knuckles turning white.
whispering to Trayn , ok
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Isilar, come forth.
** (6) Isilar strides forward. **
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade has the same reaction as
the king and grits his teeth tightly **
** (10) Je'rar grimaces as he thinks to himself how
ugly she is **
(6) DM: A half-star elf in ranger's leathers,
with an oak shortbow across his back comes forth, bearing a sword with blue
veins running across its blade, and a black hilt.
(6) DM: The ranger stands before the king and
faces the ambassador silently, sword pointed downwards. Hilt turned outward,
you see the symbol of a target, etched in white.
** (5) Morti hugs his arms around himself tightly,
trying to quiet his mind and body, while seeming to wish he were a few hundred
miles away. It's more morbid curiousity than bravery that makes him glance
sideways toward Almeena. **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: I see ye recognize this
** (6) Lady Almeena glances at the sword, quivers and
then catches hold of herself. **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: (smiles grimly)
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: As you can see, the
attempt was unsuccessful. My lord Magister, come forth.
** (6) The Magister becomes visible, standing next to
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade is noticely disturbed and
is fighting the urge to cause a scene in court **
(6) The Magister: (in barely controlled fury)
The magicka surrounding the assassin has been determined to be of Kernin
origin. Curious that your magickal signature was found surrounding the blade,
"my lady". (contemptuously)
(6) The Magister: Shall ye explain, my lady?
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): spider senses are obviously going off on her
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, yup
** (10) Je'rar smiles inwardly at this turn of events..
** (5) Morti watches the scene nervously. **
(6) Lady Almeena: I...I do not know what ye are
talking about. This is news to me.
** (10) Je'rar keeps an eye open for any would-be
traitors or attackers i n the area **
(6) The Magister: No? Then, what about these? (produces
a sack, jingling and tosses it at her feet)
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade as he looks at Almeena, his
face filled with rage and his sword hand twitching and the veigns in his head
(6) DM: The sack opens, and a coin comes
tumbling out. It's blood red...
(10) Je'rar: "Then she's behind the
attack on me.."
** (10) Je'rar grips his sword and mace firmly **
(10) Je'rar: anger evident on his face
(6) The Magister: Those have your sigil, all
over them. And don't attempt to deny it. All know that the Lady Hurishta has
forbidden duplication of a mage's sigil on pain of the removal of our ability
to weave magicka.
(6) DM: Silence in the chamber is so thick you
could hear someone cough.
** (5) Morti whispers to Jer'ar and Reiner,
"Don't move... please" :Quickly he looks about the room **
(6) Lady Almeena: (calm yet speechless)
(6) Lady Almeena: This is nothing. A simple
illusion, nothing more.
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ::under his breath to
Drenla:: "I am being given a sign from my lord of her great evil...it is
hard to control my mailice and anger towards her"
(6) The Magister: No illusion, lady. As real as
your fear. Pick one up, why don't you?
(5) Morti (whispering): spot
check for any of Almeena's servants that Morti would be able to recognized
followed by a spot for invisible foe moving about
(6) Drenla: Control it you must, Reiner. (calmly)
(6) Lady Almeena: My station forbids me from
soiling my body with the ground or anything touching it. (sneers)
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: I command you to, Lady.
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade 's hands start to sweat **
(6) Lady Almeena: (swallows, then the placid
iciness is back) Very well.
** (6) Lady Almeena bends and picks up the coin. **
** (10) Je'rar maintains a cooly vicious level of
control,just waiting for an appropriate excuse tp opounce **
** (6) The Magister notes her reaction **
** (6) Lady Almeena gasps and releases the coin,
which drops to the floor with a tinkle. **
** (6) Lady Almeena holds her hand as if burned. **
(6) The Magister: As I thought. Your Majesty,
she is as guilty as a common thief.
** (5) Morti flinches as she does and watches on
(6) DM: The chamber erupts in gasps all around.
(6) Lady Almeena: YOU WOULD NOT DARE!!!
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade puts hands on the hilt of
his sword **
** (10) Je'rar whispers to Drenla.. "I think he
already did dare" **
(5) Morti: :whispers to Reiner:
"Please, if she tries anything the Magister and the castle guards should
be able to handle her... I hope"
(6) The Magister: Too late, "lady".
Did you know, as you surely do, that necromancy is forbidden on pain of death,
within the borders of this Kingdom?
** (6) Lady Almeena says nothing, eyes burning with
(6) The Magister: Your Majesty, proof of her
guilt lies before ye. I remain your servant.
** (5) Morti cocks his head extremely unnerved as he
mutters, "I've never seen her like this..." **
(10) Je'rar: "Well in death I hope she
looks like that and worse"
** (6) Ayyers Falconedge stands drawing himself to
his full height. Almeena trembles at the awesome display of kingly power and
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: I banish you, the one
known as Lady Almeena Darlastair, otherwise known as Almeena the Ever Maiden,
from the Kingdom of Wylund. Be gone, immediately and do not return except on
pain of dissolution and death!
(5) Morti: :seeing her afrain, he calms,
getting a far off look in his eyes: "Really never seen her like
(10) Je'rar: "Aw damn..what a
let-down..I wanted to see her hang"
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: You deserve worse, foul
creature! (unsheaths his sword, which shines forth a ray of harsh golden light
at Almeena, stripping her magickal disguise...and revealing herself to be a
(10) Je'rar: "better yet, burn!"
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade gives Drenla the
"what" look **
** (5) Morti goes wide eyesd at the sight of the Lich
(6) DM: The chamber erupts in more gasps and
screams, as several people faint.
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade stands ready **
** (10) Je'rar ,seeing her for what she truly is, is
wanting to slay this foul..thing **
** (10) Je'rar takes a step forward **
(6) Lady Almeena: You think you have won this
round, live one. You are wrong! Silver path, bone tower!
** (6) Lady Almeena vanishes with a soundless
implosion and a foul odor. **
** (5) Morti is frozen in place as he stares on in utter
** (6) Ayyers Falconedge settles back onto the throne
and with an effort, controls himself. **
** (10) Je'rar calmly walks up to the magister,weapons
(10) Je'rar: "wWell done sir; assuming
you can spare a moment later, may I have a word?"
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade 's tense stance is softened
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Let it be known that in
continuance of this edict, her retinue is to return to Kern, and is banished
from this land, on pain of death.
** (5) Morti drops to his knees in shock **
(6) The Magister: (glances at Je'rar) Put your
weapons down! (hisses at the barbarian)
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Let us proceed with more
(10) Je'rar: (my weapons are down :P )
(10) Je'rar: ( scroll up ^^ you'll see I
clearly stated that)
(6) DM: (you say weapons unclenched. what
exactly is that supposed to mean?)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: to morti:: "That is
what happens to those that abuse the arcane weave , morti"
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "Ye become one of
those foul things"
(6) Vorik, Royal Herald: (recovered) Lord
Blaine Mistmoor, Your Majesties.
(6) The Magister: (turns his attention outward)
(to Je'rar) Later. (sniffs) Ye stink of horse. (wrinkles his nose)
(6) Blaine: (smiles gently) (turns back to you
all) Never a dull moment with you around. (walks up to the dais)
(10) Je'rar (exit): 16:37
(5) Morti: :glances blankly back up to
Reiner, traces of tears in his eyes. Saying nothing, he slowly rights him self,
standing shyly, head down and arms wrapping his torso protectively:
(6) Blaine: My lords, ladies. Honored
Majesties. Your Grace. (to the Magister)
(16) Je'rar (enter): 16:38
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (16)
(16) Je'rar: back
(16) Je'rar: darn kids
(6) Blaine: I come to present to you my payment
to release myself from debt to the Crown. I also come to you to present those
who rescued me from such a sentence, those who restored to me and my lineage
the name of House Mistmoor.
(16) Je'rar: (had my hands on them, but then
took my hands off,as I was going to maybe attack her if needed,but then let
them go after she went *poof* )
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: (smiles broadly) The
Crown gladly accepts your payment, Lord Mistmoor, and in furtherance of your
** (6) Blaine kneels **
(5) Morti: (brb)
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: ...I, with the power
vested in me by the people of the Kingdom and the might of my lord, the
Lightwalker, Lord Solnor, restore you and your House to its rightful place as a
noble of this land. Furthermore, I grant you and your heirs the title of
Viscount Mistmoor, as a hereditary title until such time as your House is
** (6) Blaine glances up, shocked and pleased. **
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade smiles with that
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Further, as laird of the
county of Mistmoor, we grant you and your heirs those dispensations as you are
entitled to receive until such time as your House is dissolved. You shall be
tithed an amount no less and not to exceed one harpstar per family or head of
household within your lands once a year.
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Further, as laird of the
county of Mistmoor, we grant you and your heirs the privilege of knights which
are answerable to your calling, and to our calling, should we need them in
defense of our sacrosanct body.
** (16) Je'rar girins hugely at **
(16) Je'rar: Blaine upon hearing that
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Further, as laird of the
county of Mistmoor and as a noble with all due rights and titles that ye shall
receive, ye and your heirs are granted a seat in the Council of Advisors until
such time as ye or yours quit, or your House is dissolved.
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: This we swear in the
name of the Lightwalker.
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Rise, and be, Lord
** (6) Blaine rises, a bit shocked, and grins. **
** (16) Je'rar ,looking at Blaine,smiles and applauds
(6) Blaine: Thank ye, Majesties. I remain in
your debt and your service.
(6) DM: The hall applauds, as people smile and
cheer in recognizance of Blaine's good fortune.
** (5) Morti listens idly, too preoccupied with
recent event to smile for the new Viscount **
(6) Blaine: My King, my Queen, lords and
ladies. I would not be here were it not for the members of the Company of
Freeswords Eternal, whose acts have gained me a new life. I would see them
** (6) Blaine turns to you, and beckons you to stand
before the thrones. **
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade 's face turns red with
** (6) Ayyers Falconedge leans back, smiling. **
** (16) Je'rar stands by Blaine's side **
(16) Je'rar: "Blaine? After..we go to
the bar,and your first one's on me"
(16) Je'rar: Big smile
** (5) Morti makes no move, partially because he's
not very concerned with reward... and partially because he's already forgotten
that was the groups new name **
** (16) Je'rar looks around,sees Morti,waves him to
the front **
** (16) Je'rar motions to the others as well **
(5) Morti: :barely notcing Jer'ar's signal
from the corner of his vision, Morti strolls over a few feet behind the Ranger
and the others, not exactly presenting himself... but there
** (16) Je'rar shakes his head at Reiner and Trayn's
reluctance to come to the fore **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: I see. Very well then,
in recognizance of your efforts, we name each of ye Knights of the Realm. Ye
may enter the service of Lord Mistmoor should ye wish it.
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade pulls out the elven trinket
from his pouch and says under his breath "Tamuril, if you could only be
here to see this my beloved ye would be proud" **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: We shall only do this
with your assent. A title cannot be forced upon those who do not wish it.
(16) Je'rar: "Umm.did I hear that
correctly? I'm a knight?"
** (16) Je'rar blushes at the high praise **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Know this however, that
although ye choose not to enter Lord Mistmoor's service, if we require your
blade, 'tis ours should we need it.
(16) Je'rar: < never had a bigger smile
than the one he's wearing right now
** (16) Je'rar is siling bigger than he ever has at
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): you're making this hard for me...LOL
(16) Je'rar: *smiling
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: The title is yours
should ye wish it. We also grant ye the following items.
** (16) Je'rar bows graciously **
(5) Morti: :Finally he croaks humbly,
staring to the ground: "No thank you, your Majesty."
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade looks around and and
wonders how he will respectfully decline the title **
** (16) Je'rar wonders if there's some sort of token
to stand as proof of his newly attained title **
** (6) The Magister comes to the throne with a silver
chest floating in the air. He gestures at the chest, which opens to reveal an
assortment of items. **
** (16) Je'rar gingerly approaches the chest,and
peers inside **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: To ye, Je'rar Ogrebane,
a sword to match the skill of one who would wield it.
** (16) Je'rar gasps aloud in astonishment, easily
recognizing the fine quality of the blade **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): would it be out of line to ask him to be recognized as a
visiting allied diginitary grandson of Sturrok the Wise?
(6) DM: (OC: longsword +1, flaming)
** (16) Je'rar with the well-mannered ease of a true
warrior,hefts the blade and feels it in his hands,truly appreciating the
(16) Je'rar: (OC: I think I just shat my
pants 8o) )
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: To ye, Reiner
Swiftblade, a suit of armor that deserves a warrior to wear it.
(16) Je'rar (whispering): wow..suddenly
I feel like I'm the only one here :P
(6) DM: (OC: chain +1)
** (16) Je'rar looking up , offers to acept it on
Reiner's behalf **
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, nope
(16) Je'rar: *accept
(11) Trayn : (bak)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: King Falconedge, I am
the grandson of Sturrok the Wise, and ask instead of knighthood that I be
recognized as a visiting dignitary of the Swiftblade Clan. (with complete
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Therefore,
I name you Da'kaan Swiftblade, as an ambassador from your people to the Kingdom
of Wylund, whom we are proud to have known as allies and friends for lo, these
many long years and years to come.
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: To ye, the one known as
Morti, a pair of fine supple leather boots, which will enable ye to rise into
the air should ye wish to.
(6) DM: (OC: boots of levitation)
(11) Trayn : ((Trayn will take a Holy Relic
of Solnor... you know the one.. Banishes Evil Demons and cures Arthritis in
poor ole ladies))
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (whispering): already have +1 chain so will probably give it to another in
the party unless it is elven chain
** (5) Morti cocks his head at the King, an odd look
of confusion in his eyes as he seems about to talk, yet reigs himself with a
simple bow and, "Thank you for this gift" **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: Thank you King
Falconedge for the geneous gift"
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: To ye, Trayn of Solnor,
a blessed weapon that allows ye to call forth the might of Lord Solnor whenever
ye wish it or whenever ye need it.
(6) DM: (OC: footman's mace +2, of spell
whispering to Reiner Swiftblade, nope
** (11) Trayn almost passes out he forgets to breathe
(16) Je'rar: ((Trayn..does it work for
middle-aged men as well?))
(11) Trayn : "Surely this weapon would
be put ot better use in someone elses hands"
(11) Trayn : "I am only a humble
servant of the Shining God"
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: To the one known as Kyla,
a cloak of sheer spidersilk, which will enable your friend to become invisible
when she should wish it.
(6) DM: (OC: cloak of invisibility)
(16) Je'rar: "Not so Trayn; you've seen
howo ften we get cut and slashed up.. you can use it to help better heal our
** (11) Trayn decides not to question this gift and
the kings judgement **
** (11) Trayn nods his humble acceptance **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: And finally, we grant,
in the name of our august bodies, a sum no less and not to exceed five thousand
crowns to you as a whole. May ye enjoy the fruits of your labors.
(6) DM: More cheers and applause for you.
(6) DM: Even the other
adventuring companies are happy for you.
** (16) Je'rar "..." is obviously
stunned and in awe **
** (16) Je'rar bows as deeply and as nobly as he
knows how **
** (5) Morti is too dazed by the hectic morning to
react to the applause **
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade offers a respectful nod **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: No thanks are needed,
for 'tis we who give thanks where thanks are clearly due.
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Now then, is there
(16) Je'rar (whispering): brb..think
a diaper change is in order...
** (6) The Magister whispers into the King's ear. **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Ah, yes, Drenla
Whitefire, come forth.
** (6) Drenla comes forth...and bows. **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: In furtherance of your
deeds and acts, we recognize your efforts and elevate you to the position of
Magus of the Realm, should ye desire it.
(6) Drenla: I....I... (is struck speechless)
** (6) The Magister grins **
(16) Je'rar: "Very good Drenla,very
good" < smiles for his comrade in arms
(6) The Magister: Consider it a gift,
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade reiner grins with his
friend's elevation **
** (16) Je'rar smiles for his comrade-in-arms **
(6) Drenla: Er...um... (mumbles)
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade starts clapping for his
(6) Drenla: My thanks, but no, Majesties. I am
thankful to be just a humble mage of the Citadel. (glances helplessly at you)
(16) Je'rar: "Oh come on Drenny..you've
** (5) Morti looks up to Drenal, cocking his head
** (11) Trayn admires her humble nature **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Very well then, Drenla.
We shall not force upon ye what you do not desire. (smiles gently) But we are
(6) DM: (it's a guy, David. a guy!!! hehhe)
(11) Trayn : ((bah who knows whats beneath
(16) Je'rar: "perhaps he can be
recognized as such and yet not made to bear it in public?"
(6) Drenla: It's just, Majesties, I am not for
this life of titles and such. I'm more comfortable listening to the wind. (grins
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: The wind? (puzzled)
(16) Je'rar: (oh I'm so tempted to break
wind upon hearing that )
(6) Drenla: Ays, the wind as it blows and
blusters over the plains and forests. So calming and peaceful. (grins)
(16) Je'rar: [Bad dice format]
(16) Je'rar: (EG)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ((he does not want to
get stuck behind a desk))
(5) Morti: (go for it)
(16) Je'rar: (fort check to try and NOT
(16) Je'rar: ( lmao)
** (5) Morti breaks a meager grin on his scarf in
consideration of Drenla's words, but remains silent **
(5) Morti: (hehehe)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: ((Break like the wind
Drenla, break like the wind))
(6) Sesprina Eveningsong: We thank you for your
humility, Drenla. Go forth with our blessings.
(6) Drenla: My thanks, Your Majesty. (bows to
the Queen and withdraws eagerly)
(16) Je'rar: "Your majesty..if I may
ask, what is the meaning behind those bloodcoins?"
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: Well then, let us move
on to other matters. Let the Aes Sedai known as Elaida come forth.
** (16) Je'rar bends to his knee as he asks **
(6) Ayyers Falconedge: (holds up his hand) This
is a grave matter which cannot be discussed here. Garath....talk to these
people. You may act as my proxy.
(16) Je'rar: "Thank-you, your
** (6) Ayyers Falconedge proceeds to other business
of the Realm. **
** (16) Je'rar arises and walks off to one side **
(6) The Magister: (wrinkles his nose as he
approaches Je'rar) Come, let us retire to my quarters.
** (16) Je'rar follows the magister **
(6) The Magister: Summon your fellows. (holds
his nose as he walks)
** (16) Je'rar calls out to the rest to come along **
** (11) Trayn gladly moves from their present location
** (5) Morti walks aside from the throne, following
slowly behind the others **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: Lord Magister, my
grandfather once said you are as the storm that crosses the desert, he had
nothing but praises for you...now I see that all this is true"
(6) DM: (stopping at 7 folks)
(6) The Magister: And now I am the eye of the
storm of horse manure. (holds his nose)
(6) The Magister: You must take a proper bath
when you manage the chance. (to Reiner and Je'rar)
** (13) Reiner Swiftblade is taken aback at his
comment after the praise that he gave him **
(13) Reiner Swiftblade: "My lord I am
certainly a frequent bather...but I cannot speak for my disciple here"
** (6) The Magister enters his chambers and settles
down. "Beverages of whatever ye drink, at the bar." There is a plate
of fruit, cheese and bread in the middle of the room, along with a platter of
boar sausage and fish cakes. **
** (5) Morti grimaces at the Magister's words about
odor. Without a word he pulls a handerchief from his pocket and with a bit of
focus imbues a bit of his magick to it. Holding it out to the Magister, he
offers "Here" **
(5) Morti (whispering): Prestidigtation
to make it smell like flowers
** (6) The Magister takes it and breathes into it. "Ah,
much better." (smiles sheepishly) "Am a bit sensitive to odors after
a spell backfired last night. My apologies." **
whispering to Morti, ok
(5) Morti: :after that he moves into the
chamber uncharacteristically not gravitating to the food:
(6) The Magister: So, ye must have many
questions. What can I do for ye?
(18) Je'rar (enter): 17:35
(18) Je'rar (exit): 17:35
** (11) Trayn picks at the fruit and cheese, briefly
as a guest should do **
(19) Je'rar (enter): 17:36
(11) Trayn : "What questions are most
important to us"
(11) Trayn : "We have been concerned of
late of a child named Umbra"
(5) Morti: (uh... wrong game)
(20) Je'rar (enter): 17:37
(11) Trayn : (crud)
(13) Reiner Swiftblade (exit): 17:38
(20) Je'rar (whispering): loks
like I can only whisper?
(11) Trayn : ((think we should pause until
our OOC players can retain Open stability))
(19) Je'rar (exit): 17:38
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (20)
(6) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(16) Je'rar' from
(16) Je'rar (exit): 17:39
(6) DM: (continue)
(21) Je'rar (enter): 17:40
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (21)
(21) Je'rar: hoping this works
(6) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(20) Je'rar' from
(20) Je'rar (exit): 17:40
(21) Je'rar: huh?
(6) DM: (ok let's pause then)
(21) Je'rar: did you see me type huh?
(6) TaliesinNYC: yes
(21) Je'rar: good..it finally went through
(21) Je'rar: *whew*
(11) Trayn : ((yes a J-21))
(5) Morti: (Good for you Jer'ar, I knew you
could do it. ;-D )
(11) Trayn : ((we could post our questions
on the boards))
(11) Trayn : ((and maybe get them answered
(6) DM: (we can continue until 7, and continue
on the boards)
(5) Morti: (so... we still pausing then?)
(6) The Magister: If you wish Drenla and I to
explain some things, we can. I would suggest that you ask and we shall, to the
best that we can, answer.
(11) Trayn : ((id have to do research to ask
the right questions... already fouled up once : )
(21) Je'rar: (looks like Alfred skipped)
(21) Je'rar: "What are they? What do
(6) DM: (he had to leave early, is why we
started early today)
(21) Je'rar: (ahh...ok)
(6) The Magister: I believe you had a question
about the bloodcoins.
(11) Trayn : "well Drenla had told us
earlier about a mage"
(6) The Magister: What exactly do you wish to
know about them?
(11) Trayn : "someone he believes or
has been told has been the source of their creation"
(21) Je'rar: "I want to know why
somebody would hand some over to me; luckily, I sensed something was amiss,and
opened the pouch onto a table,as opposed to handling it like I normally woould
(6) The Magister: Ye saw the unmasking of their
creator today. 'Twas the lich known as Almeena the Ever Maiden.
(11) Trayn : "I was wondering if you
also believed that this person was the crafter"
(6) The Magister: I would think 'tis obvious.
There is a grand conspiracy, of which this Almeena is a but a member. I am
certain the conspiracy does not stop there. She is a principal member however.
(11) Trayn : "yes... but do you think
that was the only person... thing involved"
** (5) Morti doesn't speak up at the moment, his eyes
peering into spaces as he idly listens **
(6) The Magister: This conspiracy ranges from
the slaver ring known as the Seal of Fire to Almeena. I wonder where else it
goes. Perhaps the Grand Dukes themselves? (strokes his chin)
(21) Je'rar: "How did that come to
relate itself to me? iIn order for me to know my enemy, I have to better
ynderstand my enemy"
(21) Je'rar: *In order for me to know
(6) The Magister: I would think that you were a
passerby. Perhaps 'twas because Drenla was accompanying you.
(11) Trayn : "I have no illusions I
could go against one such as her"
(11) Trayn : "but we may have the
ability to hamper her other associates"
(21) Je'rar: "Well if so, they made a
mistake; we now truly do share a common foe"
(11) Trayn : "and reduce the flow of
these vile red coins into the hands of the public and innocents"
(21) Je'rar: "Drenla..as soon as we
take care of our first piece of business, I would really love to hunt those
(6) The Magister: I think they wanted to test
you. Or convert you. The true reason will never be known I fear. But now, you
have been drawn into this web, you should know what you are up against. Drenla
and I have been in communication and we agree that you should not be unduly
burdened with these occurrences as you are innocent bystanders, and so we have
arranged for a way for you to leave Tolmara, sight unseen.
(11) Trayn : "yes perhaps the Seal of
Fire should feel the true pure fire of Solnor's justice for what they do"
(21) Je'rar: "I appreciate that, but as
they made an attack upon my person, I cannot turn a blind eye..especially to
slavers..they are lower than orcs, and I just love killing orcs"
(21) Je'rar: "besides..they are a
threat to my people's entire way of life"
(6) Drenla: You have made mention of prior
business with a captive Aes Sedai, so you should take care of that first. In
the meantime, I shall accompany you, because I want to. I consider you my
friends first and foremost, in the time we have been together. Some of you
(looking at Morti) I have grown fond of and would see safely through.
(11) Trayn : "they are a threat to
freedom... and to good"
** (21) Je'rar goes on to relate how one time when he
was very little his clansmen came across a small band of slavers that tried to
take some of our women-folk,and the justice that was meted out against them **
(11) Trayn : "were I to develop a
wrath.. surely they would be the first ones to bear witness to it"
(6) Drenla: Morti? You seem distracted.
** (5) Morti glances up to Drenla, wearily speaking,
"Sorry... it's just been a ....distracting day...." **
(5) Morti: "Surreal even...."
(6) Drenla: How so?
(11) Trayn : "yes it seems to me we
dalliance while she still remains a captive"
(11) Trayn : "what seems a long time ago...
we were to decide how we were going to arrive at her jaoler's door"
(21) Je'rar: (guys..I feel like I'm burning
up here.. I gotta take something (whatever works or even might work) and lie
(5) Morti: :shaking his head:
"I...." :looking to Garath: "it's nothing."
(5) Morti: :coughing to clear his throat he
(11) Trayn : "and our two options
seemed.... unwise or lengthy"
(5) Morti: (fever? try tylenol)
(11) Trayn : "perhaps with your
considerable powers... we could develop a third option"
(21) Je'rar: did that already
(5) Morti: (try bathing in ice water....
with a rubber penguin)
(21) Je'rar: later on guys..will try to
follow up on the board/group
(11) Trayn : "one that doesnt involve
incorrigible people or a lengthy ride on a ship through pirated seas"
(21) Je'rar: lol rubber woman too,hm?
(21) Je'rar: LOL
Disconnecting from server...
(21) Je'rar (exit): 18:00
(5) Morti: (no.... penguin. it encourages
the notion of cold)
(6) DM: hm. well this won't work
(6) DM: (ok, let's stop then)