Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
3 Guests
Registered Users: Igorweild, Jamesler, Lyubaweild


Back to Damrosil Logs
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (144) TaliesinNYC

Attempting to assign the role of GM to (144) TaliesinNYC...
(144) TaliesinNYC: give me 4 min please
(141) Zane: k - I'm gonna go grab a smoke then
(138) Donovan: Wow, this one is long too
(139) Dj Gilcrease: ya, I have a few others that are around 5 minutes
(141) Zane: back
(144) TaliesinNYC: (509) Sevis Goloens: "Yes it is" ** moves in and steps to the side so everyone can file in and Thom can take the lead **
** (503) Cael does the same, taking a position near the middle of the group. **
** (522) Thom moves past Sevis and Cael once he reaches the hallway. "So much for Endless Stairs, huh?" He then proceeds down the hallway, searching for any traps as he goes. **
(511) DM: The passageway is a seamless stone corridor, suffused with blue-white light that extends some distance ahead. By rights, you should be walking on clouds....so whereever this is isn't normal.
(522) Thom: (( and yet - not normal has become normal for us... ))
(511) DM: In the distance can be seen an ivory-white skull shrouded in crimson flames. Its eye sockets are pinpoints of harsh white fire.
(511) DM: It's flying in mid-air.
(509) Sevis Goloens: "That looks more unfriendly then those hands were."
** (522) Thom pauses upon seeing the floating skull. "Morti, you want to come here, this is more down your line of work." **
** (507) Morti follows up into the hall, eyeing the floating skull. Whispers aside, "Think that's is a hate-thief?" **
(522) Thom: "Would make sense I guess. So does that mean if we love it, it will be powerless?"
(511) Skullwraith: "Here lies Algahund, the Cheiromar, as in the end must we all. Proceed with great care; great danger awaits the destructive or greedy."
(522) Thom: "Or we can send Daelan in first, might make him more pleasent."
(507) Morti: :bows to the skull, answering :"I'll try not to be either."
(522) Thom: "Or, we all go since it obviously knows we are here. Everyone, keep your weapons down."
(507) Morti: "We only come to return this mirror to master Alaghund."
(511) DM: The skull doesn't respond.
(522) Thom: (( I'm guessing that we hadn't quite entered the room yet, yes? ))
(507) Morti: "Hmmm.." :watching the silent skull: "Does that mean we can walk by?"
(511) DM: It doesn't reply to that either.
(503) Cael: "I believe the best we can do is to heed its warning and press on."
** (522) Thom approaches the skull, "Thank you for your warning, although it was not needed. My companion wishes to return an item to Alaghund that we found, and we were looking for a murderer by the name of Lathkoon." **
(522) Thom: "Morti, where do you think the mirror would be best placed?"
(511) DM: It
(511) DM: It's silent.
(507) Morti: :shrugs:
** (507) Morti heads in.. carefully trying to edge past the skull **
** (509) Sevis Goloens falls back to rear guard **
(511) DM: The passage continues several feet. Ahead is an archway that opens into a chamber from which can be seen an aura of soft white light.
** (522) Thom keeps an eye on the skull for any offensive moves, but pretends to be not paying attention to it anymore. **
** (522) Thom continues through the archway. **
(511) DM: The skullwraith trails behind Morti.
** (503) Cael follows behind Thom and Morti, wary of the now following skull. **
** (512) Arun follows Thom and Morti into the room. **
** (519) Selena stays safely in the middle of the group **
** (507) Morti grimaces as the skull follows. trying to act natural.. in spite of fears, as he moves into the next chamber **
** (510) Atross remains near the back of the group, as before. **
** (508) Daelan brings up the rear,his eyes catching everything he sees **
(511) DM: Within this large chamber are several objects.

There is a stone block atop which lies a sleeping form.

Not far from it is a stone plinth.

In one corner of the room to your right is a gigantic diamond prism within which can be seen a faint blue haze.
(511) DM: To the far wall is a set of stone shelves which contains a number of objects.
(511) DM: A pair of doors can be seen on the left wall. A door made of clear crystal is in the far wall. A door made of prismatic light is to the far right wall.
(511) DM: The skullwraith trails silently behind.
** (522) Thom moves to the left upon exitting the tunnel, allowing everyone to filter in. "Find a place for the mirror Morti, and then we can see what other answers we can find."**
(511) DM: The prying eyes flit about the chamber, attracted by the intense magicka within the room.
** (507) Morti nods to Thom, as he looks about, wondering if there is a blank spot on the shelves or plinth where the mirror may belong... however, the figure on the block, quickly calls his attention, and the boy cautiously appraosches, to inquire. H-hello? Are you alive?" **

(144) DM: (from last time)
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
** (139) Sevis Goloens hangs back waiting for Morti to finish what we came here for **
** (141) Thom moves to the nearest door (to the left - to room 5) and checks it over for traps before doing likewise with the other normal door and then the door of crystal as Morti figures out where to place the mirror. **
** (138) Atross waits at the doorway and watches Morti and Thom as they move about the room. **
(144) DM: Here lies a handsome, tall man with flowing white hair and beard, and a craggy, weathered face, apparently asleep atop a stone block, clad in robes of purple. His hands are clasped across his abdomen; there are brass rings on his fingers.
** (137) Arun approaches the shelves with cautious curiosity, and studies the objects. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14] => [14,14] = (28)
** (140) Morti looks back to the Skullwraith, ask of the man on the block, "I-is this master Alaghund?" **
** (142) Daelan enters the room,his eyes darting from object to object,taking it all in. **
whispering to Zane, there don't seem to be any traps on any of these doors.
(144) DM: The skull nods.
whispering to Tanesh, quite a lot of objects. the shelves are crammed with all manner of paraphenalia and books
whispering to Tanesh, I'll have to list the items in a node
** (140) Morti nods back to the skull, and slowly moves toward the block. Bowing properly, the boy mage offers with respect, though he knows he is not likely to hear a reply, "M-Master Alaghund, i am Mortimer Boyle, Magus of the Diamond Citadel and inheritor of the estate of your apprentice Asflag. I come before you with deepest respect to return what belongs to you." **
** (140) Morti steps up to rest the mirror against the block. **
(148) Lytahl (enter): 21:52
(140) Morti: "W-we found it on the road, and thought it best be laid with you, and hearing of a potential threat to your tomb, we came to investigate as well. If all is safe, we will be on our way without disturbing anything else."
** (140) Morti pauses a moment, staring at the still form, before turning aside to Thom, asking unsurely, "Sh-should we leave now?" **
(141) Thom: "Once I am convinced that no threat to this tomb remains, yes. But I have to wonder what happened to the others that we followed here."
** (140) Morti returns a quick nod. "Right, of course." **
(140) Morti: :bows again to Alaghund, speaking rhetorically: "Forgive us, Master, but we will be poking around a bit."
(142) Daelan: " Perhaps they are in the pile of bones at the bottom of the stairs.''
(144) DM: The sleeping form does not respond.
(141) Thom: "Perhaps."
** (138) Atross found the F11 macro key **
(138) Atross: "None of those remains looked fresh enough."
(140) Morti: "Maybe they gave up." :offers optomistically:
(142) Daelan: " Last one was 2 weeks old.''
(141) Thom: "Tht's just about the right time frame, but I'd rather be sure since we are here."
(142) Daelan: " As you wish Thom.''
(140) Morti: "Ok.. so.. where do we start?"
** (141) Thom moves down the wall to the opaque crystal door. "With places we can see." **
** (139) Sevis Goloens smiles at Thoms comment **
** (140) Morti wanders aside, as he waits for an answer, looking over the shelves along the rightside wall with curiousity. **
(140) Morti: (umm... doesn't opaque mean...? nvm)
whispering to Lunauc, the shelves are crammed with tons of objects, which are described in the node I sent you
(142) Daelan: " Perhaps you should give him the mirror Morti.''
(141) Thom: (( oh, so it does... changing last action. ))
** (139) Sevis Goloens follows quietly, making sure not to touch anything **
** (141) Thom moves down the wall past the opaque crystal door. "With places we can see." He then moves on to the shimmering door. **
(144) DM: It continually shifts color
(141) Thom: (( ever shift to a color that allows me to see past? ))
(144) DM: ((nope))
(144) DM: ((it's all colors and none.))
(140) Morti: :while looking over the items on the shelf, answers back to Dael: "I did.. sort of. I mean, you don't expect him to sit up and say, "hey, thanks for the mirror", do ya? I mean.. he is dead." :glances back to the block, amending: "No offense, Master Alaghund."
(141) Thom: "Of course, it's never that easy." Thom returns to the crystal door, unsure of what to do with the obviously magical doorway. At the crystal doorway, he spends a moment looking it over before trying to open it.
(144) DM: The form does not respond.
(142) Daelan: " Asking him if he wants it,is not the same as placing it upon his chest and laying his hands on it now is it Morti.''
** (137) Arun turns from the shelf to comment. "I would be careful about touching anything in here, especially the body." **
(140) Morti: :grimaces: "Sleeping with a mirror on your chest is rather uncomfortable. And I don't want to disturb his rest."
(142) Daelan: " And laying for enternity on a slab of rock is comfortable?"
(140) Morti: :looks between an item on the shelf, and the shimmering door, before looking to the skullwraith to ask: "Is it alright if I pick this up? Or will you get mad?"
(140) Morti: :shrugs to Dael:
(144) DM: The skullwraith doesn't reply but instead looks on implacably.
(148) Lytahl (exit): 22:12
(140) Morti: "Hmmm..." :slowly reaches down to pick up an orb of swirling light, ready to put it back down if the skull reacts.:
(144) DM: It doesn't respond.
(140) Morti: :points out as he does: "I'm not stealing it, just seeing if it does something."
(141) Thom: Last comments: Fire rapier
Ringrist
studded leathers
amulet natural armor
gloves of dex +2
Ring of protection
Ring of Light
Dagger of necromancy (Ruiari messenger)
longtooth dagger that Drenla said "all the attacker to attack with greater precision"
longtooth dagger that Drenla said "all the attacker to attack with greater precision" (two of them)


(140) Morti: "Ok..." :skirts around the skull, watching it carefully, as he moves toward the shimmering door. Once there, he looks between it and the orb, thinking... you'd assume.. before trying crudely touching the orb to the door.:
(144) Skullwraith: "Behold, the orb of the wyrmling. One of twelve that was made, this item has not been used since the end of the Second Age."
(141) Thom: (( whoops - ignore that please. ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d10] => [3] = (3)
(140) Morti: (oh.. ignore my last comment then)
** (140) Morti flinches suddenly as the skull suddenly orates about the orb. "Wah-waht **
(140) Morti: "Um... okay..." :glances from the orb to the skull, before asking, "So.. I don't suppose a wyrmling orb has anything to do with that door..?"
(144) DM: It doesn't reply.
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Sounds to me like it might have to do with that Drake we saw trapped in an Orb"
(144) DM: The crystal door vanishes and reveals a circular chamber. Within is a gem-studded throne that radiates an intense white light.
** (140) Morti scratches his head, and looks back to Sevis, "Maybe..." :tot he skull: "What was this orb used for?" **
(144) Skullwraith: "He who possesses the orb shall be a master of wyrmlings, but may fear for his life."
** (141) Thom reaches up to his neck as the crystal door opens. "Damnit to all the nine hells and back! Why even bother..." Thom continues to mutter more as he moves past the now open door. **
(144) Voice: "No! I cannot permit you to do this! The Throne is mine!"
(144) DM: One of the prying eyes flitting around Sevis shimmers and transforms into a robed hunchback.
(140) Morti: "Oh..." :Looks on to the opening of the door, just before the voice sounds, and he looks for the owner, as he places the orb back on the shelf:
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Uhh, hello?"
** (139) Sevis Goloens looks at the hunchback **
(140) Morti: "Oh.. It's you!" :to the hunchback.:
(138) Atross: "See, at least one of them survived."
(144) DM: He gestures and surrounds himself with shimmering sphere of faint white light.
** (137) Arun moves between the hunchback and the throne. **
(140) Morti: "Is this real, or another illusion?"
(140) Morti: "Or.. flashback.. thingy..?"
(144) Zelazel: "I shall not permit you to steal the Throne!"
** (144) Zelazel begins chanting. **
(142) Daelan: " Perhaps now would be a good time to make sure he does not survive any longer Atross.''
(138) Atross: "There's a sure way to find out."
(140) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [19,19] = (38)
** (139) Sevis Goloens picks up the wurmling orb and looks at it "Wonder how Ebony would react to this, probably not well" **
** (138) Atross pulls up his bow and, taking careful aim because of the chance this is another illusion, points a nocked arrow at the hunchback. "We've had enough of your lingering image. Take the hint and stop or meet your end." **
(140) Morti: (is he looking at us or off to someplace else?)
(144) Zelazel: (he's looking at Thom)
(144) DM: (he's looking at Thom)
(144) DM: (still checking re counterspell)
(140) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [10,19] = (29)
** (141) Thom turns around, seeming to be in some kind of daze, as he is at the door to the throne (to 8). "Wha?" Seeing the hunchback looking at him, he frowns. "Oh no, you are not messing with me right now." he says, drawing out Ringrist. **
** (139) Sevis Goloens puts the orb back, seeing weapons being drawn, and prepares to fight if it becomes required **
** (140) Morti quickly weaves a spell of his own, as the man chants, forming the familiar bobbling head to rasp at the hunchback. Dispel: [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+10] => [12,10] = (22)
(140) Morti: :tries to reason, as he finishes his spell: "Please.. no one is here to steal anything. Don't do anything foolish."
(144) Voice: "That might be, but I have different plans!"
(144) DM: The prying eye next to Thom begins to transform into a humanoid figure.
** (141) Thom starts to move up to the hunchback, but the transformation catches his eye and so he stops, turning slightly so that he can see both newcomers. **
(140) Morti: :grimaces: "Don't suppose any of those plans involve rational conversation..."
(144) DM: It transforms into a coldly beautiful woman with a perpetual sneer on her face.
(138) Atross: "It doesn't look that way."
(144) Shaleen: "You shall not stop me from achieving all that I have worked for!"
** (144) Shaleen vanishes from sight. **
(138) Atross: "I suppose those that have been killed were trying to stop you as well?"
(144) DM: Chanting can be heard elsewhere.
** (139) Sevis Goloens shakes his head, clearly confused **
** (141) Thom moves into the room with the throne as the woman disappears, moving to stand just in front of the throne so that no one can sit on it without getting past him and Ringrist. "Either this all stops, or I take a seat." **
(140) Morti: "Thom.. No!"
(138) Atross: "I'll cover the hunchback here, can someone grab that witch?"
** (141) Thom does not sit, but doesn't look at Morti, instead listening for the hunchback and the woman. **
(140) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [11,19] = (30)
whispering to Lunauc, teleport
(140) Morti: :to te skull: "Shouldn't you be doing something about this?"
(144) Voice: "If I cannot have the Throne, none of you shall!"
(144) DM: A prying eye next to Arun begins to shapeshift...
(144) DM: The construct does not respond.
(142) Daelan: " I was wondering what happened to the third one.''
(140) Morti: "Gee.. thanks.. you're a lotta help."
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Why do we care if they take a seat?"
(141) Thom: "I apparently paid the price to enter this room, so the throne is mine. That's why."
(138) Atross: "That throne is supposed to bestow a great deal of power to anyone seated in it."
(140) Morti: "It might do a lot worse than that."
(144) DM: The eye transforms to a human mage in black robes who immediately begins chanting.
(144) DM: (shrink them please)
(140) Morti: :glances over his shoulder to Blinky(his eyes) "You're not going to turn evil too, are you?"
(144) DM: The eye continues its business as usual.
(144) DM: (init)
(140) Morti: init: [1d20+2] => [20,2] = (22)
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Oh, well I guess we shouldnt let any of these three take a seat then." ** attempts to grab the Hunchback ((assuming it is still next to me) **
(139) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+10] => [18,10] = (28)
(141) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [11,9] = (20)
(137) Arun: Initiative: [1d20+6] => [7,6] = (13)
(138) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [7,5] = (12)
(142) Daelan: INIT: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [1,2] = (3)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [10,3] = (13)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] => [15,6] = (21)
(144) DM: (clone Arun's mini and rename it to Atross, then shrink it please)
(138) Atross: ((Thank you.))
(144) DM: (28, Sev)
** (139) Sevis Goloens attempts to grab the Hunchback **
(144) DM: You're unable to, as he's inside a sphere of force.
(144) DM: (22, Morti)
(140) Morti: :ready action to counterspell, while hanging back, trying to decide if these three will attack us, or just eachother.:
(140) Morti: :offers aside to Lthkoon though, can you summon a beast within his forcefield?"
** (144) Lathkoon ignores Morti and concentrates on the prism. **
(144) Lathkoon: (21, Zelazel)
(140) Morti: "Can't hear me? or just don't care if he attacks?"
(144) DM: The mage reaches inside one of his pouches and sprinkles silver dust around him which causes him to vanish.
(144) DM: (20, Thm)
** (141) Thom remains where he is, standing defensively for now, making sure none of them take the throne. (done) **
(144) DM: (13, Arun)
** (137) Arun tries to grab Lathkoon and restrain him. Touch to start grapple: [1d20+16] => [10,16] = (26) Grapple check: [1d20+14] => [20,14] = (34) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [70] = (70)
(144) DM: You miss. On closer inspection, he seems to be displaced, as if his position isn't where you thought it was.
(144) DM: (13, Lathkoon)
** (144) Lathkoon launches a barrage of magic missiles at the prism. **
(137) Arun: (AoO?)
(144) DM: A spider web of cracks appears in the prism, as the haze within begins to agitate wildly.
(144) DM: (AOO, yes)
(137) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+18] => [6,18] = (24) Damage: [2d6+5] => [1,1,5] = (7)
(140) Morti: (don't get my counter attempt?)
(144) DM: (counter it then)
** (140) Morti quickly weaves his own magic missile spell to interrupt the mages attempt **
(144) DM: The spell fizzles, enraging Lathkoon.
(140) Morti: :breathes in relief: "Please, Don't do that!"
(144) DM: (12, Atr)
** (138) Atross takes his shot at where the hunchback's forcefield was located before heading towards the door Thom went through. **
(138) Atross: Standard Attack: One Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [14,10,5,2,2,1] = (34)
(144) DM: The forcefield prevents your arrow from piercing the occupant within.
(144) DM: (8, Dael)
(138) Atross: "On the bright side, as long as nothing can get in, I doubt anything can get out."
(140) Morti: (btw.. which room is the throne in?)
(141) Thom: (( room 8 - where Thom is at ))
(140) Morti: (that's what I thought, but the well threw me)
** (142) Daelan seeing the others fighting Lathkoon,he brings his bow up,taking careful aim as he fires quickly at him. **
(142) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [10,21] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,3,0] = (10)
(142) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [14,21] = (35) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [1,3,1,0] = (5)
(142) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [20,16] = (36) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [2,3,1,0] = (6)
(142) Daelan: Crit Check: [1d20+16] => [10,16] = (26) ===> Critical Damage: [3d8+9+2d10] => [5,3,4,9,8,6] = (35)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [57] = (57),[1d100] => [68] = (68),[1d100] => [93] = (93)
(144) DM: All three arrows miss.
(144) Lathkoon: "You could simply let us alone, our fight is not with you."
(144) DM: (28, Sevis)
(144) Lathkoon: "Proceed at your peril otherwise."
(140) Morti: "Then please take it outside, away from Alaghund's resting place."
** (139) Sevis Goloens heads into the room to guard the thrown with Thom, seeing as he cant get past the shield **
(140) Morti: "Show some respect for your former master, and settle your affairs before coming here!"
(144) DM: The chanting elsewhere in the complex reached a crescendo, and begins anew again. (went on 3 before Sev)
(144) DM: (22, Morti)
(140) Morti: (listen to pin point the location of the chanting?)
(140) Morti: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-1] => [2,-1] = (1)
(144) DM: (k, roll)
(140) Morti: (eesh)
(144) DM: (ooh well)
(140) Morti: (spelcraft to id anyway)
(140) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [15,19] = (34)
(144) DM: (21, Zel)
(140) Morti: (eh.. hold off ready with counterspell again)
(144) DM: There seems to be no reaction from within the sphere.
(144) DM: (20, Thm)
** (141) Thom remains standing before the throne, waiting in case anyone of the trio moves to it. (complete defense - done) **
(140) Morti: (how big is the wall of force sphere?)
(144) DM: (8' radius)
(144) DM: (13, Arun)
(137) Arun: ((Full attack)) +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [16,16] = (32) Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,2,5] = (10)
(137) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [13,16] = (29) Damage: [2d6+5] => [4,5,5] = (14)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [61] = (61)
(137) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar 2nd Attack Roll: [1d20+11] => [6,11] = (17) Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,6,5] = (14)
(137) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar 2nd Attack Roll: [1d20+11] => [20,11] = (31) Damage: [2d6+5] => [1,3,5] = (9)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [39] = (39)
(137) Arun: ((Attacking Lathkoon))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [23] = (23)
(144) DM: (2 hits)
(137) Arun: ((Confirm crit on 4th attack: [1d20+11] => [13,11] = (24)))
(144) DM: (crit)
(144) DM: (2nd and 4th hit hit, total the damage pls)
(137) Arun: ((32))
(144) DM: (13, Lath)
(144) Lathkoon: "You will rue this day the next we meet."
(140) Morti: "Does that mean you're leaving now?"
** (144) Lathkoon vanishes. **
(140) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [3,19] = (22)
(140) Morti: (if it was a spell.. id)
** (137) Arun says sarcastically "Your cowardace truely terrifies me." **
(144) DM: (12, Atr)
** (138) Atross scans the room, finding the force shield still in place, one the party has clearly under control and listens for the source of the witch's chanting. **
(138) Atross: Listen: [1d20+6+2] => [17,6,2] = (25)
(140) Morti: "So.. um... " :looks back to the sphere or force and looks around for the invisible woman: "Are you two going to call it a day as well now?"
(144) DM: (8, Dael)
** (138) Atross begins following his ears. **
(138) Atross: "Take care of bubble boy, somehow she's through that door." :pointing towards the opaque door:
** (142) Daelan lowers his bow,then slings it," There is little I can do,my arrows seem to miss their mark.'' **
(142) Daelan: ( done)
(140) Morti: (out of curiousity... when Lath goes poof.. do the eyes come back..?)
(144) DM: (no)
(140) Morti: (ok, just checking)
(144) DM: (3, Shaleen)
(144) DM: Chanting reaches a crescendo, and then all is silent.
(144) DM: (28, Sevis)
** (139) Sevis Goloens remains on guard by Thom and the Throne **
(144) DM: (22, Mort)
(140) Morti: (can I make a listen check for where Shal casted from and if she moved?)
(140) Morti: actually, spellcraft first for her spell)
(140) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [15,19] = (34)
(144) DM: (roll for Listen)
(140) Morti: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-1] => [6,-1] = (5)
(144) DM: (21, Zel)
(144) DM: There is no visible reaction from within the sphere.
(144) DM: (20, Thm)
** (140) Morti heads toward the prism(not sure where that is) still ready with counterspell **
(144) DM: (prism is at 3b)
** (141) Thom remains standing before the throne, listening and keeping watch for anyone who approaches. (complete defense - done) **
(144) DM: (13, Arun)
(140) Morti: (is the prism 3b?)
(144) DM: (yes)
(140) Morti: (thanks)
** (137) Arun walks over to Zelazel, standing before the edge of the energy field. He fixes the mage with a look of warning, scimitars at the ready. (End of turn) **
(144) DM: (er, you can't see him, remember? he sprinkled something and vanished)
(144) DM: (12, Atr)
(137) Arun: (Oh, right. I forgot about that.)
** (138) Atross moves over to the crystal door to see if he can open it. **
(144) DM: It clicks open...
(144) DM: (8, Dael)
** (142) Daelan leans against the wall,his arms crossed over his chest as he watches the others react to what is going on. ( done) **
(144) DM: There is a slight popping noise somewhere in the complex.
(144) DM: (28, Sev)
** (139) Sevis Goloens remains on guard by Thom and the Throne **
(144) DM: (22, Mort)
(140) Morti: "Wait a minute.." :turns back from his futile idea of guarding the prism, and rushes back over to the shelves, where he picks up the magnifying glass and spyglass in either hand, and presses them to either eye to scan the room, hoping one is, by luck, capable of seeing the invisible:
(140) Morti: "Eh.. guess not."
(140) Morti: (done)
(144) DM: (21, Zel)
(144) Zelazel: "I did not come here to the tomb of the Cheiromar to be waylaid by simple commoners!"
(140) Morti: (listen for his position as he talks?)
(140) Morti: Will save: [1d20+11] => [1,11] = (12)
(140) Morti: Listen Skill Check: [1d20-1] => [5,-1] = (4)
(138) Atross: :mutters:"I think you should consider who waylaid whom."
(140) Morti: (I'm deaf tonight)
(144) DM: (20, Thm)
(137) Arun: Listen Skill Check: [1d20+0] => [11,0] = (11)
** (141) Thom notes Sevis joining him, but keeps his eyes moving around, scanning the room. "I would have thought one of them would have come after this by now." he mutters to Sevis. **
(138) Atross: ((Here, let me lend you my ears.))
** (140) Morti shifts a bit.. drooling through his mask **
(141) Thom: (( done ))
** (139) Sevis Goloens shrugs "Couldnt hit the hunchback, the mage vanished, and the witch was elsewhere so not much I can do" **
(140) Morti: (and Morti's braindamaged)
(144) DM: (13, Arun)
** (137) Arun backs up to get a running start, then tries to leap up to where he estimates the wizard's voice is, swinging one of his swords in a wide arc in mid-air. (Long shot, I know.) **
(137) Arun: Jump Skill Check: [1d20+40] => [13,40] = (53)
(137) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+18] => [10,18] = (28) Damage: [2d6+5] => [5,5,5] = (15)
(137) Arun: (That jump gets me 13 feet upwards)
(140) Morti: (ya mean.. ontop of the sphere..? o.0)
(137) Arun: (no, he's flying, apparently. Which might mean the sphere is gone now.)
(137) Arun: (Or that it's otiluke's telekinetic sphere, and he just moved it upwards...)
(140) Morti: (no wall of force.. can't move)
(144) DM: (hit)
(144) DM: (12, Atr)
** (138) Atross looks around the room he heard the witch in, trying to find where she's hiding out now. **
(139) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke, Sevis is just gona try and prevent people from getting to the Throne ))
** (138) Atross points his bow ahead of him as he scans the room. **
(144) DM: (8, Dael)
** (142) Daelan continues to watch the area around him,not sure if there is anything at all he can do. **
(144) Shaleen: "You could simply let me reconcile by business with Zelazel, you know. I am a reasonable person."
(144) Shaleen: "I have no compunction killing you however."
(142) Daelan: " I am not stopping you from doing anything.''
(144) DM: (that was to Atross who's in the room with Shal)
(142) Daelan: ( ahh nvm then)
(139) Sevis Goloens: (( back ))
(138) Atross: "I'm here because people have been killed who weren't involved in your feud already. Both of you need to stop and take this somewhere else."
(144) Shaleen: "The choice as always, is yours. I shall do what I came here for. I shall have the Throne or destroy it if nothing else."
(144) Shaleen: "So be it, then."
(144) DM: A lightning bolt is directed at Atross from somewhere above him (inside room 9).
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] => [5,3,6,6,1,5,6,4,6,4] = (46)
** (138) Atross spins to the side as the lightning bolt crashes down. Electricity crackles down one side painfully. **
(144) DM: (28, Sev)
** (139) Sevis Goloens remains on guard by Thom and the Throne **
(144) DM: (21, Zel)
(138) Atross: "Ok, this is a terrible situation to be in." ::Pointing straight through the door towards the back of the room:: "Not a bit of cover anywhere in that room, and she's way back there."
** (144) Zelazel hurls a fireball directly through the door into the room that contains the Throne. **
(144) DM: (may change depending on what Mort does)
** (140) Morti looks around dumbly, as if he's forgotten what he was doing. Groaning strangely, the suddenly blast of fire from one side, calls his eyes toward the throne room.. and the big shimy chair... Curiously he heads toward the throne.. **
(140) Morti: (shiny even*)
(140) Morti: (he'll reach out to touch the chair, unless someone stops him)
(141) Thom: "Morti, what's going on out there?" If Morti doesn't respond - Thom will grab Morti's hand, turn the mage to face him. "Morti?"
(144) DM: (ok)
** (140) Morti groans as he's grabbed. **
(140) Morti: (curious is an intelligence 1 will kill him in that chair.. or make him "immune" ^_^)
(144) DM: Zelazel hurls his fireball instead through the door where Shaleen is.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [10d6] => [4,6,4,1,6,5,1,6,2,1] = (36)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+5] => [17,5] = (22)
** (141) Thom loks at Morti, confused as to what has happened to the usually talkative mage. **
(144) DM: Screams of rage emanate from the far chamber.
(140) Morti: (Morti actually headed after Zel's ball, if you'd rather keep your target)
(141) Thom: (( except Morti goes before Zel I believe ))
(144) Shaleen: "Prepare to meet your death, small one!"
(140) Morti: (yeah, but Stan had already gone, so I just adjusted.. nvm)
** (140) Morti just looks away from Thom, down to the shiny shiny chair **
(144) DM: (20, Thm)
** (141) Thom looks at Sevis. "Hold onto him for a moment Sevis, something is wrong." He takes a step forward to be at the doorway after having Sevis hold onto Morti. "Let the three of them figure out who is deserving, as they want to do." he yells to his companions. He then steps back to blocking the chair and taking a defensive stance. **
** (139) Sevis Goloens holds onto Morti **
(158) No Name (enter): 00:51
(158) No Name (exit): 00:53
(141) Thom: (( done ))
(144) DM: (13, Arun)
** (137) Arun takes Thom's advice, and backs off, standing in front of the door to the throne room. (Done) **
(144) DM: (8, Dael)
** (142) Daelan watches Atross walk out of the room and watches a fireball sail into the room he just left. **
** (138) Atross backs away from Shaleen's death trap of a room and towards the door to the throne room, in fact. **
(144) DM: There is a wooshing sound from the far chamber, and suddenly, a sickly green ray strikes the prism, causing it to disintegrate.
(144) DM: The destruction of the prism releases the bluish haze within, which is an amalgamation of eyes and mouths that open and close in a cacophany. The haze immediately rushes to the room containing the Throne.

Zelazel screams in anger upon seeing this.

(141) Thom: (( no way to close the door of light, is there? ))
(144) DM: (nope. it vanished once it drained your item.)
(141) Thom: (( just making sure. ))
(141) Thom: "Out of the way all - don't know what that stuff does."
(144) Zelazel: "This is all your fault! You should have let me kill her, and now the Throne shall be lost!"
** (141) Thom twists to the side to let the haze pass by. **
(140) Morti: "
(144) Shaleen: "I shall return when you least expect it, and when I do, your death shall be sweeter!"
(141) Thom: "Then you were not worthy."
(144) DM: (28, Sev)
(141) Thom: "I would least expect about a minute after you leave."
** (139) Sevis Goloens pushes Morti out of the way, but remains infront of the Throne **
(141) Thom: "Move Sevis - unless you know what that stuf is."
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Dont know what it is, but I can try and stop it. If I cant to anything to it I'll move"
(141) Thom: "And if it eats magic, you're willing to risk losing something?"
(144) DM: (22, Mort)
(140) Morti: (the eyes and mouths reached the chair yet?)
(144) DM: (yes)
(144) DM: (it will after you go)
** (140) Morti stares hypnotically at the chair, having not noticed the eyes coming from behind him, yet. Though he has noticed that Sevis has tossed him aside, letting go. Free now, he indulges in his thoughtless aspiration, and hops from the side onto the shiny shiny chair. (this should be interesting) **
(139) Sevis Goloens: (( if it is within melee range of the chair then ... ))
** (139) Sevis Goloens throws a high at the mist **
(144) DM: The hazy mist moves to the Throne relentlessly, ignoring Sevis' attacks at it.
(144) DM: (reading on the Throne, sec)
(144) DM: (oh boy)
(140) Morti: (BOOM!)
(144) DM: (Several things occur when Morti sits on the Throne...)
(144) DM: (reading)
(141) Thom: (( Morti always wanted to go out with a bang - didn't he? :-P ))
(140) Morti: (Morti would regularly be getting the hell outta the way actually.)
(140) Morti: (Better it be destroyed than fall into evil hands after all)
(161) Chuckie D (enter): 01:22
(140) Morti: ("How'd ya say the world ended?" "Eh.. some dumb kid sat in a chair.")
(144) DM: The haze envelops the Throne.
(144) DM: (anyone else doing anything? the eater-of-magic begins to destroy the Throne)
(139) Sevis Goloens: (( so nothing happened when Morti sat in it? ))
(141) Thom: (( you said several things happen - but only mentioned one. We were waiting to see them all. ))
(144) DM: ((oh, lots of things happened, just you can't see them because there are no visual effects))
(139) Sevis Goloens: (( ahh ))
(141) Thom: (( oh, that's what we were waiting for... at least, I was. ))
(141) Thom: (( does Morti appear to be harmed by the mist? ))
** (139) Sevis Goloens gets out of the mist since he cannot seem to harm it **
(144) DM: ((no))
** (140) Morti reels upon the chair.. his mind apparently as hazy as the swarm surrounding him in the throne **
(142) Daelan: " I think now would be the time to leave here.''
** (141) Thom worries about Morti, but hopes that even in his silent strange state, he somehow knows what he's doing. As he seems to not be harmed currently, Thom leaves it alone - for now. **
** (138) Atross looks around the room trying to spot the invisible flying wizards somewhere. It's pretty futile. **
(141) Thom: "Morti climbed up there for a reason, I'm trusting him right now."
(144) Zelazel: "This isn't the last you've heard of me."
** (144) Zelazel becomes visible and begins chanting. **
** (141) Thom ignores the crazy hunchback. **
(138) Atross: "I'd rather it were."
** (138) Atross draws back an arrow and looses it towards the hunchback, sending it flying over his head as a personal message. **
** (144) Zelazel vanishes. **
(142) Daelan: " Listen if that haze is the magic eater,I suggest we get out of here fast,there are items that some of you have that I am sure you wish to keep enchanted.''
** (141) Thom watches Morti and the chair, watching for any reaction from Morti as the cloud seems to eat the chair. "Come on Morti, do whatever you were going to do." **
(144) DM: The Throne vanishes.
(138) Atross: "With that haze loose, this whole place may disappear."
(144) DM: The haze disappears completely.
(141) Thom: (( Morti still there?" ))
(144) DM: ((nope))
(140) Morti: o.0
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Uhh, where did Morti go?"
(141) Thom: "Morit! I sure hope that was part of whatever plan he had." Thom takes a step back from where the throne was, not sure what is happening.
(140) Morti: (magic eater still there?)
(140) Morti: (or was that the haze disappearing?)
(138) Atross: (That would be the haze.)
(141) Thom: "I have no idea Sevis, no idea." Thom takes a guess and looks out into the main room to see if the floating skull is still around.
** (139) Sevis Goloens heads back out of the throne room and looks around for Morti **
** (137) Arun stares at the spot where Morti just was, seemingly unsure of what to do. **
(161) Chuckie D (exit): 01:52
(140) Morti: [1d100] => [21] = (21)
(144) DM: The skullwraith is still there.
(144) DM: It observes as it has been.
(142) Daelan: " Perhaps he is at the bottom of the stairs waiting for us.''
(141) Thom: "Can you tell us what that haze did to the throne and to our friend?"
(141) Thom: (( asking the skullwraith, just in case. ))
(141) Thom: "Why don't you go check Daelan."
(144) Skullwraith: "A vortex formed and your companion was within it."
(141) Thom: "Vortex? To where?"
(144) Skullwraith: "To a random place on this plane of Andurin."
(141) Thom: "How can we get him back?"
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Joy, so Morti could be anywhere. At least he is still in this world though."
** (140) Morti 's staff rest against the bookshelf.. the last evidence of his time here. **
(141) Thom: "Not much better Sevis - some places on this world are not good."
** (141) Thom moves over to Morti's staff, collecting it for now. **
(144) Skullwraith: "I am not empowered to know that."
(138) Atross: "Perhaps we can find someone to divine where he ended up."
(141) Thom: "Did that haze destroy the chair, or just move it and our friend?"
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Yes, but generaly easier to get to then elsewhere. We should take his staff, Drenla might be able to use it to locate Morti."
(141) Thom: "Yes, that was my thought."
** (137) Arun looks at the Skullwraith. "You said that great danger awaited anyone with dangerous or greedy intent. Those three mages intended to steal or destroy the throne. Why did nothing happen to stop them?" **
(144) Skullwraith: "It destroyed both itself and the Throne."
(141) Thom: "At least it's gone now. Let's go everyone, try to find Morti."
** (141) Thom carries Morti's staff in his hand and heads back to the endless stair. **
(144) Skullwraith: "The eater was the peril that awaited them. Had they stayed here, they too would have suffered the same fate as the Throne."
(163) Storyteller (enter): 02:09
** (139) Sevis Goloens follows Thom back **
** (137) Arun sheathes his swords, and heads back to the stairs. **
** (144) Skullwraith watches you depart. **
** (138) Atross looks around the room once more as he heads back to the stairs. **
** (141) Thom heads down the stairs without pausing. **
(144) DM: A pair of tattered pants lies at the bottom of the Stair.
(144) DM: Footprints can be seen leading off into the woods...
** (142) Daelan follows the others not sure what is going on now. **
(141) Thom: "Ok, those weren't there before."
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Nor were there there when I came back down for my own clothing."
(141) Thom: (( do they look familiar at all? ))
** (142) Daelan studies the tracks **
(144) DM: ((they're Morti's))
(138) Atross: "So, Morti's lost his pants? Then he should be close by here."
(142) Daelan: " Well they are Morti's tracks.''
(139) Sevis Goloens: "Well lets go find Morti, since the random locations seem to have not been far, and find out why he has no pants on."
(141) Thom: "No way." Thom scoops up the pants with the end of the staff. "Daelan, can you follow the tracks and find who made them?"
(141) Thom: "Then let's go find him."
(142) Daelan: " I can follow these tracks easily.''
(141) Thom: "Then do it."
(139) Sevis Goloens: (( I am fadeing ))
** (142) Daelan takes off at an easy trot,following the tracks. **
** (141) Thom stays on Daelan's heels. **
(144) DM: ((eventually you find him checking out a honeycomb))
(141) Thom: (( taking off early two nights in a row, huh? :-P ))
(144) DM: ((pantsless))
** (142) Daelan stops and points to Morti,'' There he is,in all his glory so to speak.'' **
** (141) Thom approaches Morti, but holding the staff and pants out, and his eyes squarely on the honeycomb. "Morti, I think you lost these..." **
(139) Sevis Goloens: (( yesterday wasnt my fault, though I probably woulda left around this time had my network not decided I needed to goto sleep earlier ))
(141) Thom: (( no prob, just gotta mess with you. ))
** (140) Morti is easy enough to track, as he just mindlessly trods along, bare legs showing themselves mostly unnaturally black with symmetrical red blotches.Being addressed by Thom, the scarfed boy looks back, but the dumb look on his face doesn't seem to denote any recognition. **
(139) Sevis Goloens: Disconnecting from server...
(139) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 02:22
(141) Thom: "Uh, Morti?" Seeing nothing from the mage, Thom looks back to his companions, "Something is still strange about Morti, obviously."
(140) Morti: "UUuuuuuhhhhh..." :drools through his mask:
** (141) Thom steps forward, removing the pants from the staff and stepping to Morti. He kneels down, looking the little guy in the eyes. "You will want to wear these, like we are. Go ahead, put them on." Thom holds the pants out to Morti. **
** (140) Morti leans forward, curiously sniffing the pants, before suddenly cringing back away. **
(140) Morti: :shakes his head and turns to wander off again:
(141) Thom: "Hey - they are yours, you can only blame yourself for the smell." Thom gently grabs onto Morti's shoulder as he turns away. "No Morti, we need to go this way."
(140) Morti: "Eeehh..?"
(144) Rhian: "He needs Healing, which I cannot provide."
(141) Thom: "Yes Morti, this way. Come with us." he gently turns the mage around, to get him walking the correct way.
** (144) Rhian examines him. "Ays, as I suspected." **
(141) Thom: "Yeah, and he needs his pants. I have no idea how to get him either, and if you don't, that leaves only." Thom looks to Drenla.
** (140) Morti gets dragged along, apparently without much animal instinct to fight back. He just looks back and forth among the group, unable to speak or understand speech it seems **
** (141) Thom simply smiles at Morti, trying to put him at ease. **
(138) Atross: "He seems to have been touched in the head. Or rather dropped on it."
(141) Thom: "Which makes it even luckier that he did not get sent far. If he had, he would not have even know to try to find his way back."
(144) Drenla: "I do not have the ability to regain his self."
(144) Drenla: "However, I think I know where we can go."
(141) Thom: "Any idea who might? It will not do to have to wander around trying to save the world with a pantless Morti, even if it does mean there is no way he can say too much."
** (140) Morti just drools... scratching at himself through his clothes. **
(141) Thom: "Point us in the direction Drenla."
(144) Drenla: "Where we have been trying to get to all along. The seer Caer."
(141) Thom: "So, the guy that we want to get a potion from, we also need to save Morti now, huh?"
(144) Drenla: "Whilst you were within the tomb of the Cheiromar, I was performing a bit of research on my own. Caer resides near here, about a half day's journey from the clearing of the Stair."
(141) Thom: "Good, we knew it had to be close. Oh, and since you've known him longer Drenla," Thom hands Drenla Morti's pants, "You think you can help him get dressed?"
(144) Drenla: "I'm sure I can think of something."
(144) DM: (seems like a good place to stop)


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms