Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
9 users online
3 Registered
0 Hidden
6 Guests
Registered Users: Alvinerync, CharlesAgils, JerryRuivy


Back to Damrosil Logs
Lobby Message

(511) TaliesinNYC: ok, we'll start in a jiffy
(511) TaliesinNYC: ** (330) Morti takes hold of the mirror, draws a deep breath and reaches down to touch the stone with his four fingered left hand. **
(332) Daelan: " Better one of us goes first Morti.''
** (332) Daelan steps forward,placing his right hand upon the altar before Morti **
** (331) Atross watches, waiting to see what happens. **
(333) DM: As he does so, there is a tremendous burst of wind as the door leading to the well room blows open. A horde of twinkling lights rushes forward -- and on closer inspection, it is in fact ALL of the prying eyes in the well shaft. They surround Morti and completely envelop him as a voice cries out, "The Cheiromar rests not here, but has been laid to rest where in life he strove, and where in death he is safe from those who would rob and destroy. If you seek the power that was his, and have knowledge enough to take and leave what is right, seek the Endless Stair."

There is a loud explosion, and Morti, his servant and the mirror disappear.
(333) DM: The prying eyes vanish.
(329) Thom: (( All of them, even the ones on us? ))
(333) DM: Daelan vanishes as well.
(333) DM: ((all of them))
(329) Thom: "Everyone else, get together. And let us hope that we can still follow. They went at the same time, we will all try to go at one time."
** (326) Cael nods in agreement. **
** (328) Arun hesitantly nods, and approaches the altar. **
(329) Thom: "I'll count to three, and then everyone lay their hand on the alter. Got it?"
(331) Atross: "Agreed."
** (326) Cael takes a position near the altar, hand readied. **
** (331) Atross joins the remaining group in setting hand to the stone of the altar. **
(329) Thom: (( going to assume that even those silent (Drenla, Rhian, and Sevis) are going to do this as well. ))
(329) Thom: "One, Two, Three." Thom then places his hand on the alter.
** (326) Cael does the same **
** (328) Arun touches the altar. **
(333) DM: You vanish and reappear in a clearing, presumably far from the Leaning Crag. In the midst of the clearing are Morti, Daelan and the (invisible) servant carrying the mirror. Also is a crystalline stair that ascends into the sky. At the base of the crystal staircase is a pile of bones and skeletons, apparently from those unfortunate souls who tried to climb the Stair and fell to their deaths.
(333) DM: All is peaceful, birds sing in the trees. It is late afternoon.
(329) Thom: "Whew, I was a little worried there."
(329) Thom: (( oh, and sign of the prying eyes? ))
(329) Thom: (( *any ))
(333) DM: ((none))
(330) Morti: :scratches his head: "Well.. that was an interesting ride. Everyone okay?"
** (332) Daelan searches the pile of bones. **
** (329) Thom rejoins Morti and Daelan. "I think so. At least, everything feels like it's in the right place." **
(330) Morti: :nods and glances back over his shoulder to find a vacant space. Hanging his face he groans miserably: "Blinky..."

Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> Failed - incorrect admin password
(511) DM: (from last time)
(511) DM: It seems you've interrupted a traveller and his breakfast.
whispering to Spirit, your cue
Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
Server Administrator-> Failed - incorrect admin password
** (504) Thom starts glancing around, attention draawn to the traveller. **
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Hello"
** (505) Selena rises **
(505) Selena: Well met all, though strangely appeared
(504) Thom: "Oh, and how did you get here then, if I may ask."
(505) Selena: Well, unlike yourselves I took the most unusual route of horseback
(507) Morti: "Wow.. that is weird."
(505) Selena: My name is Selena
(504) Thom: "Hmm, didn't expect that would be possible. Then again, many things don't... Please do not mind us, we are simply passing through and wish you no harm."
(505) Selena: Your eyes are drawn to a beautiful human female with waist length hair of the purest white color. Her eyes are a startlingly pale blue, alive from within with an inner light. They really stand out against the slightly tanned skin of one who is not unfamiliar with being outdoors. She wears a smile that seems warm, friendly and genuine. She is somewhat tall without seeming too tall, and her form is lithe and very feminine. She moves with a fluid grace that is almost hypnotic. Her garb is somewhat non-descript … an old dark brown cloak, a dark green shirt, leather pants, boots … nothing really spectacular. Still, with that face who needs fancy clothing. But when she speaks … that voice! Never have you heard such a voice. You are entranced by it’s clarity, it’s smoothness, it’s comforting tones, it’s …
(505) Selena: ((descriptions))
(504) Thom: "Well met Selena." Thom goes back to studying the stairs.
** (508) Daelan narrows his eyes as he notices the Human," Just what we need another Edain to get in the way,I suppose we are going to take her into our care too,like she was some lost or injured animal." **
(507) Morti: "Deal, be nice.. we're interrupting her after all."
** (504) Thom mutters a little under his breath before scanning the area again. **
** (505) Selena eyes Daelan then smiles warmly. "I think you are a wealth of opportunity" **
(505) Selena: So much to learn about humans!
** (504) Thom visabbly relazes after a couple moments. "Don't bother Selena, we have been trying to teach him for quite some time, to no avail." **
** (509) Sevis Goloens nod to the girl then sits down and closes his eyes meditating until they decide to go up the stairs **
(505) Selena: "I see you that you are also interested in these stairs"
** (508) Daelan stands as his fingers tighten on his bow," You dare compare a Calen Quessir to an Edain!" **
** (505) Selena replies in Elven, "I dare treat all peoples as equal." **
** (504) Thom moves in front of Daelan. "Down boy." **
** (507) Morti is a diminutive boy, assumingly human beneath a heavy dark blue knne length coat, brown leath pants and a striped black and white scarf mask covering his whiole head. He takes a moment cap a leather sheath back over the end of his staff, concealing the torch on it's tip. **
(508) Daelan: " You are slightly elevated over a Glamhath,but not by much.''
(505) Selena: "Well, I have given my name and a warm smile ... will others dare to do likewise?
(505) Selena: "While I don't own the glade, I do feel the hostess here for some reason."
** (507) Morti stares up the stairs, for the moment, as the others speak, obviously captivated by the sight. **
(504) Thom: "My appologies lady." Thom turns back to Selena, "We have met some interesting characters on our journies, and so we have become cautious, perhaps overly so."
(510) Atross: "Daelan, please don't shoot anyone right now."
** (512) Arun pokes through the bones scattered about the ground with his foot, adjusting his tattered and bloodstained black shirt. He glances over at Selena and states simply "I am Arun." **
** (503) Cael eyes the woman warily, "I am Cael." **
(505) Selena: "Well met, Arun of the poor laundry and Cael."
** (508) Daelan is a slight built male elf,his long blonde hair hands well below his shoulders,he wears a hooded dark gray cloak,his armor is a very highly polished silver shirt,his pants are made of a dark brown leather,he is wearing knee high soft soled moccassins,he carries a black elven bow which never seems to leave his right hand,on his left thigh you notice he has one quiver strapped there,his emerald green eyes seem to move around contantly but he never misses anything he sees,as he moves you notice he barely leaves a track **
(504) Thom: "And I am Thom. The others will introduce themselves in time. What brings you to this area?"
(511) Drenla: "Drenla. This is Rhian Sedai." (gestures to the diminutive woman next to him)
(505) Selena: "It's the age old story of 'I just happened to be traveling along and saw this interesting thing." ... almost a cliche, but true."
(510) Atross: "While ignorance tends to lead towards violence, it is best to combat the ignorance rather than the violence. On all sides."
(504) Thom: "Well, that is quite an interesting story, even if a cliche." Thom adds a smile himself on the end.
(510) Atross: "And I am Atross of Farthing."
(505) Selena: ((color change test))
(504) Thom: (( maybe a little darker... ))
(515) Cothian (enter): 21:51
(505) Selena: "Well met Thom and Atross of Farthing."
** (511) Drenla is a man of medium height and slight of build. He has gray-blond hair that's neatly trimmed and a sharp, almost aquiline nose set in a face distinguished by high cheekbones and piercing ice blue eyes. He clutches an amber tipped staff that crackles with purple lightning. **
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Rhian, is there a way that you know of that you can verify that this odd oily power I fell is the One Power or some other type? I belive you said Channelers were able to link right? Can Male and Female Channelers Link or just the same sex?"
(515) Cothian (exit): 21:52
(508) Daelan: " In case the rest of you were wondering atleast 20 have died here.''
(512) Arun: "How comforting."
(504) Thom: "But they must have been a while ago, yes?"
(511) Rhian: "I have heard tales of a taint among saidin, but cannot verify it as I do not wield that power. A man can link with two or more women, ays."
** (505) Selena packs up her campsite **
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Could you try linking with me?"
** (511) Rhian gazes at the crystalline stair but says nothing in the meantime. **
(504) Thom: "Well Selena, where were you planning on going from here?"
(505) Selena: "Honestly I have no staid agenda. Having found the stairs, I was planning on ascending them ... once I'd checked things out a bit."
** (507) Morti glances to a mirror, apparently floating in air beside him, flashing strange images, before looking back up the stairs, taking it all in, as if there was some detail he may miss if he looked away. **
** (508) Daelan nudges some of the bones," The last one to die,did so not more than a couple of weeks ago Thom.'' **
(512) Arun: ((Arun's Description)) This man’s face and head are obscured by a black cloth veil. His dark eyes appear tired, as if he has not slept in a long time. His skin (what little is showing) is darkly tanned. A pair of meandering black lines; tattoos perhaps; run up the top of his cheeks to stop just below his eyes, then continue just above them. These markings appear to cover his entire chest, judging by what can be seen through the rips in his shirt. He moves with visible grace, though his posture is slightly slouched, his gaze more often on the ground before him than the environment ahead. His body appears to be thin and fit, like that of an acrobat. He wears loose, dusty clothing, consisting of a dark sleeveless shirt with a sash at the waist, a pair of tan coloured baggy pants, a pair of leather boots, and a pair of gauntlets, with three metal studs on the backs of the knuckles. His arms are wrapped in dusty grey cloth, covering every inch of skin. A long chain is wrapped about his right arm, one of it’s ends trailing a few inches from his wrist. A pair of exquisitely crafted scimitars are sheathed at his hips, and a longbow with a quiver of arrows is strapped across his back by a leather bandoleer.
(503) Cael: Description: Before you stands a tall, well built elf, standing at just around 6 foot tall. His skin is a light tan, and his long, just past shoulder length hair is a dark golden color, almost a light brown.. There is a slight, barely noticeable, old-looking scar that runs down the right side of his neck and disappears underneath his leather armor. His golden eyes seem to shimmer in natural light. In his right hand he holds a quarterstaff, half of the staff is decorated with vines that wrap around while the other half is still uncarved. Also perched on his right forearm is a hawk with russet feathers who's eyes appear to miss nothing. The elf gives off an almost peaceful, calming aura. Though his appearance shows that he has endured more than his share of bad times, it doesn't seem to shatter his pleasant demeanor. A quiver and shortbow are slung across his back and he carries a scimitar at his side. His hair is pulled back and is lightly decorated with a few twigs and dried leaves.
(510) Atross: Physical Description: Atross is a human of average height and medium build. His head and face appear to both be clean shaven. He remains alert, almost to attention, his blue eyes always surveying his surroundings. He wears a sturdy cloak over his simple studded leather armor and his buckler remains attached casually to one arm. He carries an unusually large bow of obvious quality slung at his back and a mace at his belt. He bears three quivers at this time, one on his back and two at his belt with the one particularly more full than the other two.
(509) Sevis Goloens: You see a short human (5' 2"), with blond hair cut like a bowl was placed on his head before they cut it. Hit eyes are a stunning green, and for some reason it is hard to move your gaze, once you do however you notice he is wearing a dark brown robe, that had seen its share of use, and a worn back pack. He is wearing black gloves with the fingers cut off, and on his left hand he has a dull copper ring, on his right he has a silver ring with a red ruby embedded in it. When he takes a step you notice some smooth leather bracer's on his lower legs.
(504) Thom: "Hmm, well - our path leads up as well. Although I warn you that the path will likely be dangerous. Obviously, you can handle yourself as you are out here alone, but I felt as though you should be warned."
(511) Rhian: The Stair takes the form of an open (that is to say, with a large open space at the center) spiral of joined (seemingly fused together in one piece) marble, polished smooth and glowing with a soft, pearly white radiance.
(504) Thom: "Aye, thank you Daelan. It is possible that those we chace did not all make it up then."
(507) Morti: (can we see where they lead to?)
** (505) Selena smiles at Thom, "Gladly would I have company in the ascent ... and I'm sure you're more than capable of defending me. " **
(511) Rhian: It rises from a mound of soft moss, littered with several skeletons. The bottom stone is set into the ground and rises one foot at each step. The steps are triangular, the inner apex of each triangle cut off, the step being one foot wide at this point, widening to four feet at the outer end.

As far as you can tell, the top of the Stair ends in nothingness.

(511) DM: (that was me instead)
(511) DM: (alias library jumps whenever someone whispers me)
(504) Thom: "Well, I am sure that we could - if needed or asked." Thom turns back to Morti. "Morti, seen anything new since arriving here?"
(507) Morti: "Wow..." :glances to the mirror, speaking to thin air: "I bet it is a conjuration of some type.. probably transports us when we reach the top." :He seems happy at least.:
(507) Morti: "Eh? " :glances back to Thom, and nots emphatically: "Of course, I've never seen anything like this before." referring to the stairs.:
** (504) Thom shakes his head. "I meant on the mirror." **
(507) Morti: "It's great." :as he smiles, the creases of his mask oddly shift in exaggeration of his face beneath.:
(507) Morti: "Mirror... I think it's just the same pictures." :looks back to the mirror:
** (505) Selena begins to hum a quiet tune as she finishes packing up **
** (508) Daelan mutters loud enough to be heard,'' Another Edain to protect,how many shall seek shelter under my bow may I ask?'' **
(504) Thom: "Maybe when we reach the top then." he mutters.
(509) Sevis Goloens: "I dont think you have any sheltering under your bow."
** (504) Thom turns to Daelan, "Feel free to walk away at any time." **
(512) Arun: "It is called the Endless Stair. Are we sure there *is* a top?"
(504) Thom: "No, but were we sure we could get out of the tomb when we jumped down the hole? It's the path before us, so we'll take it."
(510) Atross: "There could be a lot of reasons for it to be called Endless, I think the least likely one is that it goes on forever. After all, for that to be the case it would have to be getting taller all the time as well."
(507) Morti: :nods in a agreement: "Even if there is no end.. that doesn't mean it doesn't go someplace."
** (504) Thom moves over to the stairs, and places his foot on the first step, testing how sturdy it is. **
(510) Atross: "I think it's either not possible to reach the top, or the top does not go anywhere. Endless, at least in looks."
(505) Selena: "Or ... it could be a poetic metaphor."
(510) Atross: "Yes, it could just be really tall, but that would seem to be kind of a let down."
(507) Morti: "Poetic..? :glances to the new face, suddenly remembering his manners.: "Oh.. sorry, ma'am." :moves forward to bow politely: "I am Morti, er... Mortimar Boyle."
(512) Arun: "I would really prefer that it was just a metaphor, personally."
(511) DM: The stairs' glow changes from pearly-white to a soft blue glow once Thom steps on it.
(508) Daelan: " Perhaps it is called endless,since no one has made it to the top.''
** (505) Selena bows in return, "Please to meet you Master Mortimar" **
** (508) Daelan points to the pile of bones **
** (512) Arun looks at the glowing stairs uneasily. **
** (504) Thom shrugs and starts up the stairs slowly, checking each step before moving up. **
(507) Morti: :face faults: "N-no.. n-not Master.. just Morti is fine."
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke ))
(505) Selena: "Morti, then." *smiles brightly*
** (507) Morti grins back through his odd mask, then arches a curious brow, not noticing Thom's ascent behind him: "Um... is this place very visible when travelling by on ground?" **
(505) Selena: "Not really, but sometimes you get lucky."
(511) DM: Suddenly, there is a crack of thunder as a blue-white curtain of light explodes into being and blocks Thom's ascent.
(507) Morti: :nods: "I see.. just figured if people come here so often, there'd probably be more corpses." :turns to gesture at the skeletons.. and notices Thom climbing the stairs... and yells: "AAH!"
(507) Morti: :just before the lightning:
(504) Thom: "Well, that's not nice."
(507) Morti: "What are you doing?!"
** (505) Selena yells to Thom, "Are you OK Thom?" **
(510) Atross: "That's probably why there aren't more corpses. People have the sense to run away before they get killed."
(504) Thom: "Yeah, it was loud - that's it. But there is some kind of wall of light here."
(508) Daelan: " Perhaps only those trained in the art of magik may ascend the stairs Thom.''
** (504) Thom heads back down the stairs, keeping his eyes on the wall, seeing if it remains. **
(507) Morti: "You're lucky! Don't just start strolling up magical staircases of unnatural power."
(505) Selena: "As I was thinking about ascending myself, I considered there might be something of a password ... something to say you have permission to ascend."
** (504) Thom shrugs "Someone needed to test it out. Besides, no harm done - I hope." **
** (507) Morti sighs, and plops to a seat at the small camp. "That's a relief." :mutters as he pulls a tabby kitten from his pocket to stretch out.: **
(507) Morti: "Hmmm.." :slumps forward in deep thought, apparently more fretful than usual: "Maybe we should rest before taking the tests."
(511) DM: It dissipates once he descends a couple of steps.
(505) Selena: "Is the wall ... well, a wall? Is it solid do you think?"
(504) Thom: "Besides, we know: 'Three hundred steps to nowhere, a hand that guards beckons. Whither to battle or to doom, only Fate knows for certain. Best the hand that beckons, reach the gate that awaits and within lies the Throne of the Cheiromar, within the heavenly gate.' So, that wall could be part of the Hand that bekons."
(504) Thom: "It felt quite solid to me."
(504) Thom: "It was quite effectively blocking my progress, although I did little to test how much it could do so. A little resistance was all I needed for now."
(503) Cael: "So, what is our plan?"
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( the wall of light Dissipated, just got back from smokeing ))
(505) Selena: [1d20] => [5] = (5)
(505) Selena: ((plus 13))
** (504) Thom pauses for a moment. He then takes out a dagger and tosses it up to the step he was stopped at, to see if the wall comes back. **
(507) Morti: :to Cael: "I think we should rest, then commence up the stairs. We should be at our peak for the tests. Right?"
(512) Arun: "I agree."
(503) Cael: "That seems sound."
(511) DM: It does, but the dagger pierces it and lands beyond it.
** (509) Sevis Goloens nods to Morti "Resting could be good." **
(504) Thom: "Hmm, interesting." Thom glances back, but seeing that the others are remaining below, he leaves his dagger and descends the stairs to the ground again. "So, the wall is not as solid as I believed."
(510) Atross: "So, what do you think that means? Weapons can pass through it."
(507) Morti: :looks up to Selena: "Is it alright if we join your camp, ma'am?"
(505) Selena: "I'd frankly be pleased at company. I've already broken my camp but I can start anew."
(499) Extrimis (enter): 22:27
(504) Thom: "I would assume it means that the walls, or at least that one, can be pushed though."
(507) Morti: "No need to go to any troub;e, Ma'am."
(504) Thom: (( what time of day is it? ))
(511) DM: ((noon))
(507) Morti: (rest 8 hours, take another hour to prep spells and climb at night?)
(504) Thom: "So, I guess any that need to rest should do so. Everyone else can keep watch."
(511) DM: (if you like)
(505) Selena: "Morti, do you think your invisible servant could go fetch Master Thom's dagger? Could perhaps try to ascend beyond the wall?"
(505) Selena: "Maybe the wall only stops living beings ... who knows?"
(507) Morti: :shrugs: "Okay." :to the sevant: "Put the mirror down carefully, climb the stairs and see if you can fetch that dagger."
(504) Thom: "Who? Oh, my dagger. Leave it for now, we can test that later. If nothing else, the dagger will remind us of where the wall had been so that it won't surprise us if it's there again later."
(511) DM: (and so it does)
** (505) Selena flashes a grin, "As you wish" **
(507) Morti: "Ah.. guess it works alright." :as the servant returns.: "Thank you."
** (504) Thom sees his dagger floating back down to him. "Or, we'll just find the wall next time." **
(511) DM: And as before, the curtain of light appears. It seems to block the servant's passage but after a moment, you spot the dagger rising up into the air and descending, presumably by the servant. After a moment, the curtain dissipates.
(507) Morti: "Don't worry. I know where it is, just count the steps." :as he moves his pack under his head as a makeshift pillow:
** (509) Sevis Goloens remains meditating **
(504) Thom: "Very well." Thom lies down as well, but keeps on eye on the stirs, thinking.
** (505) Selena begins singing a quiet lullaby **
** (512) Arun removes his torn shirt, and begins cleaning his wounds. **
** (508) Daelan moves over to Arun,glancing him over,he offers his help to the man **
(507) Morti: :yawns, and offers from his dirt bed: "You sing nice."
(508) Daelan: " I do have some knowledge in the art of healing of wounds Arun.''
** (503) Cael sits down, entering a trance. **
** (512) Arun Looks hesitantly to Daelan. "Can you do it without touching my skin?" **
(508) Daelan: " Easily enough.''
** (512) Arun nods. "Then I would be grateful." **
** (508) Daelan rummages through his pack and takes out a vial of bluish fluid,handing it to Arun.'' Drink it.'' **
** (510) Atross sets up his things to rest then takes a position at watch. **
** (512) Arun pulls down his veil, and drinks the potion. He replaces it over his face once he's done. **
(505) Selena: "Master Arun, do you need further healing? I could sing you a healing song."
(512) Arun: [3d8+5] => [6,5,7,5] = (23)
(505) Selena: "It's the least I can do for making a jest about your fashion."
** (508) Daelan holds his hand out for the empty vial **
** (512) Arun feels his chest, finding that all the wounds have sealed shut. "Thank you, but no. The potion seems to have been enough." **
(518) Pern (enter): 22:44
** (512) Arun changes into a new shirt, nodding his thanks to Daelan, and begins setting up his bedroll. **
(518) Pern (exit): 22:44
(505) Selena: "Perhaps someone would be willing to share with me the tale of how you came out of mid air to seek this stair?"
(505) Selena: ((we can FF the actual details, just so Selena knows the general background))
(504) Thom: (( let's see - Sevis Thom and Morti are out, so that leaves Daelan, Cael, Atross, Arun, or an NPC to tell the tale. ))
(511) DM: ((you can RP it out if you like, I'm mapping in the meantime))
** (508) Daelan takes the empty vial,places it back in his pack and moves off to be by himself as he watches while the others rest. **
** (507) Morti snores like a rusty gear as the others tell their tale **
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( Sevis is just meditating, not asleeep ))
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Rather simple tale realy. We jumped in a hole to return something to a dead man. Going though the tomb brought us here."
(505) Selena: "I see. Thank you for that brief summary."
(509) Sevis Goloens: "So you sing? mind singing us a song?"
** (505) Selena brightens visibly **
(505) Selena: "Most certainly. What about something ... peaceful, I'd say."
** (505) Selena begins to sing a song of home and hearth that is welcoming and comforting **
(507) Morti: *SSSSNNNNNNNOOORRRRREEEEEEE... SNNNNNNNOOOOOORRRREEEE*
(519) Spiritmarked (enter): 22:56
(519) Spiritmarked (exit): 22:56
(519) Spiritmarked (enter): 22:56
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (519) Spiritmarked...
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Morti plays on occasion, you might be able to do a duet if you stay with us and we pass though a town."
Server Administrator-> Kicking '(499) Extrimis' from server... Removing dead client
(499) Extrimis (exit): 22:59
(509) Sevis Goloens: ((Repeat for Selena)) "Morti plays on occasion, you might be able to do a duet if you stay with us and we pass though a town."
(511) DM: (done mapping, let me know when you want to FF)
** (508) Daelan cuts off a small piece of elven bread,placing a small piece on his shoulder as he eats the rest himself. **
(509) Dj Gilcrease: Booting '(505) Selena' from room...
(505) Selena (exit): 23:02
(519) Selena: "I'd love to hear Morti play."
** (519) Selena turns to Morti. " **
(519) Selena: "
(519) Selena: "What do you play, dear?"
** (507) Morti impersonates a harmonica in his sleep. *SSSSNnnnnnnooorrrrreeeeeee* **
(509) Sevis Goloens: "I think he is sleeing."
(519) Selena: "One never knows ... "
(519) Selena: ((I'm OK with FF))
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( same here ))
(511) DM: (later that evening)
(511) DM: The Stair illuminates the clearing with a soft ambient glow.
** (507) Morti sits up fussing over his spellbook a while after awakening. He then takes to quiet meditation, a practice he has adapt as of late. **
** (503) Cael spends time a short diatance from the group, seeming to channel the spirit of the surrounding nature through him. **
(503) Cael: (( distance* ))
(522) Zane (enter): 23:08
(522) Zane: Booting '(504) Zane' from room...
(504) Zane (exit): 23:08
(522) Zane: (( yeesh, that took forever... ))
** (509) Sevis Goloens stands at the "We all ready to accend?" **
(519) Selena: "As long as I'm not first" *Selena chuckles at her humor*
** (522) Thom moves to the stairs. "Not a problem." **
** (507) Morti draws a deep breath, before turning to open his eyes and look to the others for their answer. **
** (509) Sevis Goloens shrugs and starts up the stairs "Cant be as dangerous as other things I have done." **
** (503) Cael returns just as Sevis begins up the steps. **
(507) Morti: :to Sevis: "You do notice all the skeletons, right?"
(522) Thom: "Take it slow though. At least one wall pops up, and if you are moving to fast, you might fall backwards. I'd guess there are a few such walls - and that's what killed those at the base."
(511) DM: As before, the glow changes from white to sky-blue.
(522) Thom: (( do they all change? or just the ones he steps n? ))
(511) DM: (the step he steps on changes)
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Ya, I am sure Ebony has as many around her Lair."
(507) Morti: (hehe.. like that Michael Jackson video?)
** (522) Thom heads up behind Sevis, a couple steps behind. A light glows on Thom's right hand, giving Sevis some light as he proceeds. **
** (507) Morti stands, gathering his belongings, "Yeah.. but the ones at Ebony's lair probably saw it coming." **
** (512) Arun follows Thom and Sevis up the stairs. **
** (509) Sevis Goloens attempts to pass though the glow **
(522) Thom: "Keep a little spread out, don't bunch up - just in case."
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, how many steps do you ascend?
(522) Thom: (( do that stairs change back when the second person steps on them, or do they remain sky-blue? ))
(511) DM: ((they remain sky-blue))
** (510) Atross starts up the stairs after the others, keeping his bow ready. **
(511) DM: After about a minute of climbing, the curtain of light appears in front of Sevis.
(511) DM: It appears in the same spot as before.
** (507) Morti stops at the stairs, looking them over, and offer a quick prayer to Hurishta before beginning up after the others. **
** (508) Daelan waits until the last person heads up the stairs before he moves to follow **
(522) Thom: "Try punching it Sevis."
** (519) Selena follows Morti **
** (509) Sevis Goloens just tries to walk though the curtain **
(522) Thom: "Or that." he says, as he pauses to see how Sevis does.
(521) TW (enter): 23:18
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [5] = (5)
(509) Sevis Goloens: "It's semi solid" ** keep trying to push though it **
(521) TW (exit): 23:18
(507) Morti: "Um.. may I offer a suggestion?"
(511) DM: After a moment, your friend emerges on the other side.
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Comes with a bit of a shock as well."
(522) Thom: "What were you going to say Morti?"
(507) Morti: (sevis get through?)
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( yes ))
(509) Sevis Goloens: "It's kinda like fresh bread dough. You can push though it."
** (507) Morti shrugs to Thom. "Well.. I guess it's not that important now... but..." :steps off the staircase, activating his boots levitation, to hover up to the next row in the spiral.: **
(503) Cael: "Bread dough? I wonder if this barrier is anything like the one that held the dragon inside the tomb."
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Could be. I didnt look at the trapped dragon."
(522) Thom: Thom chuckles at Morti's antics "I see, but I don't think you are going to carry us all that way." With that he steps up to where the barrier had been appearing, seeing if it returns even after Sevis pushed through.
(503) Cael: "I wasn't able to study it very well, but its touch was similar to bread dough."
** (519) Selena mutters, "Dragons? They're playing with dragons?" **
** (503) Cael waits his turn, pushing his way through when it comes. **
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Only a few of them"
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [4] = (4)
(519) Selena: "Then I will hear more of this tale later please."
(507) Morti: "Ouch.." :ends up pushing through a barrier even off the stairs: "Guess not."
** (510) Atross pushes his way through the barrier, then as a test tries going back down through it. **
(511) DM: It returns as you (Thom) approach it.
(522) Thom: (( except that Thom is still standing before the first barrier... ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [1] = (1)
** (522) Thom stands on the stair before the wall, and tosses a dagger at the wall again, like it was a dart, intending to move through as soon as the dagger disrupts the wall. **
(511) DM: As each of you emerges past the barrier, a chime peals out.
(511) DM: A minute later, as Sevis renews his ascent, a prying eye pops into being and flutters around his head.
(507) Morti: "Eh?" :looks up at the sound of the chime, as he settles on the steps, and shifts the mirror more comfortably as it settles heavily tied to his back
** (509) Sevis Goloens flicks his hand at the eye every time it gets in front of him **
** (522) Thom gets past the wall, and collects his dagger. He glances back at those behind him. "Didn't do any good, just move through it. We'll worry about the bell later." **
** (522) Thom moves to catch up with Sevis. **
** (512) Arun pushes through the barriers, keeping up with Thom and Sevis. **
(503) Cael: "This would be much easier with wings, however, I have a feeling that it wouldn't be as simple as flying to the top."
(511) DM: A prying eye appears in front of Thom and settles on his shoulder.
** (522) Thom glances at the eyeballs. "Welcome back, if you're the same one." **
** (503) Cael moves up the stairs further to where Thom and Sevis are. **
(511) DM: The same thing occurs to Cael. (And keep in mind that each step is only 4' at its widest point)
(522) Thom: (( that would be why we are keeping one or two steps between one another. Or we should be, as Thom suggested... ))
(503) Cael: (( Correct ))
** (509) Sevis Goloens keeps going, looking up to see if he can spot an end **
** (522) Thom makes sure to haul Morti back onto the stairs when he passes by whereever the mage stopped elevating (if he did) **
(507) Morti: (morti is already on the steps, directly above where he was before
** (507) Morti looks back over his shoulder, happily, "Blinky! wait.. are you Blinky?" :scrutinizes the floating eyes, as if he could tell them apart.: **
(522) Thom: (( ok - wasn't sure if he'd be able to move back over onto the stairs, since he had to step off the stairs to the side. ))
** (509) Sevis Goloens slows and bends down to look at something that caught his eye **
** (522) Thom stops a step behind Sevis. "Another wall?" **
** (508) Daelan pushes his way through the wall as he is the last one up the stairs. **
** (509) Sevis Goloens picks up the wand and stats passing it back "Might want to take a look at this Morti" **
(522) Thom: (( doesn't happen to be a wand of obsidian, does it? ))
(507) Morti: "Look at what?" :calls back to Sevis: (think I'm ahead, unless you strolled past)
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( you still floating up? ))
(507) Morti: (no, just went up one level.. so not sure how far you went.. anyway..)
(522) Thom: (( unlikely. Even if we caught up, Thom would have at least put you in the marching order between him and Sevis, instead of trying to move around on the stairs ))
** (507) Morti moves to Sevisto see what he found. **
(522) Thom: (( so - let's say marching order is Sevis, Morti, Thom, Arun, Cael, Atross, Selena, Daelan. And Rhian and Drenla are somewhere near the back. ))
** (510) Atross pushes his way through the barrier, then as a test tries going back down through it, when he reaches the first light wall. **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [4] = (4)
(507) Morti: "Hmm..." :looks over the wand thoughtfully, examining it for magicks (detect magic on the wand, spellcraft for class/power, and then I'll scan up the stairs to see about detecting other anomalies)
** (509) Sevis Goloens hands Morti the wand **
(507) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [12,19] = (31)
** (507) Morti scans up from the wand to the stairs, and goes a bit woozy for a second.. "Woah.." **
** (509) Sevis Goloens continues up the stairs after passing off the wand **
** (522) Thom places a hand on Morti's shoulder to keep him still. "What is it?" **
** (507) Morti puts the wand away, commenting, "It's just a lot of magick up there." **
(507) Morti: (will keep detect magic active as he climbs... looking for variations which may be traps)
(522) Thom: "And you were expecting something different? We're climbing a set up stairs that change glowing colors, that don't appear to be physcially anchored, heading to the Throne of the Cheiromar."
** (522) Thom follows Morti, keeping an eye on the mage to make sure he doesn't start to fall over as they head further up. **
(507) Morti: "Yeah.. it's just... a lot.."
(522) Thom: "Just be careful. You do NOT want to fall."
** (507) Morti nods. "Don't worry. It doesn't hurt or anything. It's just... a lot." :he can't seem to think of a better description: **
whispering to Dj Gilcrease, 200' at this point above ground
** (509) Sevis Goloens slows and bends down to look at something **
(522) Thom: "Very well."
** (507) Morti stops behind Sevis **
(522) Thom: "Something else Sevis?"
(509) Sevis Goloens: "What do you make of that?" ** points to an obsidian hand with an eyeball in it **
(510) Atross: "
** (522) Thom has Morti check it out first, since he is closer. **
** (509) Sevis Goloens steps over the hand to give the others a better view **
(507) Morti: (still detecting magick.. any spike on the hand?)
(507) Morti: "Hmmm... Hello...?" :tentatively greets the hand:
** (507) Morti waves at the hand... perhaps idiotically. **
(511) DM: It rises up into the air, palm outwards and points with one finger directly at Sevis.
(511) DM: The eye blinks open, displaying a crimson pupil.
(522) Thom: "Is it beckoning us to follow Sevis?"
(511) DM: Then it fires a ray at Sevis.
(507) Morti: :shrugs:
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [11,3] = (14)
(511) DM: The ray misses and dissipates harmlessly. (init, -1 because of your immediate surroundings)
(522) Thom: "Guess not." he answers his own question as it fires at Sevis, his hand already moving towards Ringrist.
(507) Morti: init: [1d20+2-1] => [16,2,-1] = (17)
(512) Arun: Initiative [1d20+6-1] => [5,6,-1] = (10)
(522) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9-1] => [19,9,-1] = (27)
(503) Cael: Initiative: [1d20+7-1] => [14,7,-1] = (20)
(509) Sevis Goloens: INIT: [1d20+10-1] => [16,10,-1] = (25)
(519) Selena: ((who all is at that level of the stairs by now?))
(511) DM: (remainder can roll init if you like but remember you're on a spiral staircase and visibility is extremely reduced)
(522) Thom: (( Sevis, Morti, and Thom are the closest three. You would still be about a dozen or so steps back ))
(507) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [10,19] = (29)
(510) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [1,5] = (6)
(511) DM: (Sevis is at the 201st step, the rest of you are roughly 1 to 2 steps behind each other behind him)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
(511) DM: (27, Thom)
(510) Atross: ((How many steps per full revolution, thereabouts?))
(507) Morti: "Wah... bad hand, bad hand!"
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Grab it and point it away from me"
(511) DM: (10. Sevis is approx. 200' above ground.)
(522) Thom: "Morti, go float again." he says, as he moves by the mage, reaching out to grab the back of the floating hand and turn it away from Sevis, and the stairs.
(507) Morti: "Grab it? You don't know if it has a touch effect!"
(522) Thom: (( I guess we'll find out. ))
(511) DM: As soon as Thom grabs hold of the hand, the odor of burnt leather fills the air.
(511) DM: (he's checking something)
(511) DM: As he jerks his own hand back, you can see where touching the hand caused his gloves to be eaten through.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] => [1] = (1)
(522) Thom: (( and that was as soon as I touched it, so it didn't get turned, did it? ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27),[1d20+7] => [20,7] = (27)
(511) DM: The hand, undeterred, fires off two more beams, one at Sevis and one at Morti. (AC 27 touch attack x2)
(522) Thom: "That didn't work so well."
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d100] => [10] = (10)
(507) Morti: (hit)
(511) DM: (Sevis and Morti, roll percentile dice pls)
(509) Sevis Goloens: [1d100] => [65] = (65)
(507) Morti: [1d100] => [15] = (15)
(511) DM: (checking effects, sec)
(507) Morti: Will save: [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29)
(509) Dj Gilcrease has sent you a tree node...
(507) Morti: (+3 against magic for 32)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [1] = (1)
(507) Lunauc has sent you a tree node...
(511) DM: (25, Sevis)
** (509) Sevis Goloens glances down at his hand then tries headding up the stairs to see if the hand follows ((Up around 2 full circles)) **
(511) DM: The hand doesn't follow, but instead begins to extend additional fingers in response.
(511) DM: (20, Cael)
** (503) Cael begins shifting, taking the form of an eagle before lifting into the air circling the area, keeping an eye on everyone. (( Done )) **
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] => [17,7] = (24)
** (509) Sevis Goloens calls back "Damn it there is another one up here!" **
(511) DM: (17, Mor)
(507) Morti: (delay.. I'm drawing a blank)
(511) DM: (10, Arun)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [15,3] = (18)
(507) Morti: :Calls up to Sevis: "There are more ahead?"
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Only one. I ran past it."
** (512) Arun takes out his longbow, and fires two arrows at the hand. **
(512) Arun: Composite Longbow Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [14,16] = (30) Damage: [1d6] => [5] = (5)
(512) Arun: Composite Longbow Attack Roll: [1d20+11] => [7,11] = (18) Damage: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
(511) DM: It doesn't seem to react. And whether it's hurt, you're unsure.
(511) DM: (6, Atr)
** (508) Daelan stops as he looks up at the others,not sure what he can do so he waits **
(507) Morti: :calls again: "Just one.. or one more?"
** (510) Atross raises his bow up to take aim at the hand and fires a trio of arrows into its crimson glare. **
(510) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1+1] => [20,10,5,2,2,1,1] = (41) Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1+1] => [1,10,5,2,2,1,1] = (22)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1+1] => [6,5,5,2,2,1,1] = (22)
(510) Atross: ((Should I roll to confirm the threat on this thing?))
(511) DM: (it's immune to crits)
(510) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [9,3,2,2,1,1] = (18) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [1] = (1)
(510) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [1,3,2,2,1,1] = (10) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
(510) Atross: ((In case two hit.))
(511) DM: (27, Thm)
** (522) Thom draws out Ringrist and slices at the hand creature. **
(522) Thom: Ringrist attack: [1d20+15] => [2,15] = (17) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
(511) DM: (27, the hand below)
(507) Morti: (can I take my delay first?)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] => [12,7] = (19),[1d20+7] => [15,7] = (22)
whispering to TaliesinNYC, (k)
(511) DM: k
** (507) Morti turns tail and retreats back down the steps, grabbing a length of chain off Arun in passin, and trailing it behind him. One the opposite side of the steps, out of sight from the hand, Morti activates his boots and floats up to the next level, peeking over the lip first to make sure there isn't another hand staring him down, before climbing up. **
(511) DM: (there is, but one facing Sevis)
(507) Morti: :calls back behind him, as he floats up: "If we can avoid trying to kill something that is practically extinct, and not get killed ourselves.. that would be great."
(511) DM: Two rays, one fired at Morti (AC 19 touch attack) and one at Atross (AC 22 touch attack)
(507) Morti: (hit.. so I pop up right into it's line of sight?)
(511) DM: (considering that the person ahead of you was Sevis and it's directly ahead of you, I would say yes)
(511) DM: (it might miss Atross actually)
(511) DM: (should be 19 instead for Atr)
(507) Morti: (cover bonus from the stairs?)
(511) DM: (no)
(507) Morti: (che.. stingy)
(510) Atross: ((That hits then.))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [4d6] => [1,2,5,5] = (13)
(511) DM: (13 fire damage against Atross)
(510) Atross: ((I kinda earned that.))
(511) DM: (25, Sevis)
** (509) Sevis Goloens turns at attacks the one that followed him **
** (509) Sevis Goloens throws a high kick into the face of his foe **
** (509) Sevis Goloens uses the momentum from his kick to swing him into a spinning back kick **
** (509) Sevis Goloens throws out a quick left handed punch to reduce his spining momentum **
** (509) Sevis Goloens finishes his up with a right handed punch **
(507) Morti: (face...?)
(511) DM: A second hand can be seen above, flying in the air while simultaneously battling against Sevis.
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( Auto Macros ))
(522) Thom: (( it's got an eye, so why not a face? ))
(511) DM: (20, Cael)
** (503) Cael swoops towards Thom, landing carefully on his shoulder, making strange screeches and movements. (Cat's Grace +4 Dex for 10 minutes) **
(511) DM: (18, hand2)
(510) Atross: "I can't even say if my arrows are hurting this thing, but if they're nearly extinct they must be able to die."
(511) DM: It gestures with all five fingers extended and a cone of wind slams into Sevis (Reflex, -4).
(511) DM: So intense is the wind that it sends Sevis into a dangerous tailspin on the Stair. (Second Reflex save, -2 to avoid falling off. All items on your person must make a Reflex save or be torn off.)
(511) DM: The force of the cyclone tears off his robe and flings it away from the clearing, somewhere.
** (507) Morti whips the chain toward Sevis to grab before he falls **
(507) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+4] => [9,4] = (13)
** (509) Sevis Goloens stars waving his hands in an attempt to slow himself and hopefully grab the chain Morti flung at him **
(507) Morti: "Sevis, grab it!
** (509) Sevis Goloens grabs the chain as he falls **
(511) DM: (after this resolves, Morti's turn to go)
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Thanks!"
(507) Morti: "No prob.. naked guy." :Morti then floats up to the next level, Sevis and chain in tow.:
(511) DM: (10, Arun)
(507) Morti: :calls back down: "If you guys can run past the first one.. I'll hang the chain to climb up past the second one!"
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Man that thing has a strong wind spell. I'll have to run back down and get my robe since running around in the buff will get cold after a while."
** (512) Arun swiftly yet carefully moves past Thom, making sure not to bump into him as he moves along the edge of the stairs, dodging past the Hand to face it from the opposite side from Thom ((Taking 10 on tumble to get past the hand, and Balance to move around Thom. 16 balance and 31 tumble.)), and draws his flaming scimitars ((done)) **
(522) Thom: "Your robe? Warn us before you run past please, although one person here probably won't mind..."
** (519) Selena will be averting her eyes if she happens to notice a nude male **
(519) Selena: ((Selena minds very much))
(522) Thom: (( not Selena, someone else... ))
(511) DM: (the steps are 4' wide each, do you really want to run down them?)
(511) DM: (6, Atr)
** (510) Atross fires a few more arrows at the first hand, hopefully to some effect. **
(510) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1+1] => [11,10,5,2,2,1,1] = (32) Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1+1] => [6,10,5,2,2,1,1] = (27)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1+1] => [9,5,5,2,2,1,1] = (25)
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( not gona run till the two hands are dead, but ya I should be able to move at full speed (Not running, just normal walk 80ft) ))
(510) Atross: ((For however many do hit))
(510) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [10,3,2,2,1,1] = (19) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [5] = (5)
(510) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [4,3,2,2,1,1] = (13) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [4] = (4)
(510) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [3,3,2,2,1,1] = (12) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
(510) Atross: ((Done.))
(511) DM: It dies.
(511) DM: (27, Thm)
** (522) Thom moves up the stairs to help out Sevis as the first hand dies. (how far up is he?) **
(507) Morti: (if he rose with me.. should be a flight past the second hand)
(522) Thom: (( ok, then how far to the second hand? ))
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( I am hanging from the chain ))
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( 2 revolutions up ))
(507) Morti: (should be half way up on the opposite side of the columb from the first hand)
(522) Thom: (( but I'm asking distance, as in actual feet travelled. ))
(507) Morti: (er... collumn.. that right?)
(511) DM: (50')
(511) DM: (50 steps)
(512) Arun: ((Column))
** (522) Thom is able to move up to the next hand, slowing down as he gets closer, hoping its attention is elsewhere. ((done)) **
(507) Morti: :calls down again: "Hello.. guys.. the chain...? Do you wanna climb past the second one? Hello..? Are you still alive?"
(522) Thom: (( so, the chain hangs down past two levels? ))
(511) DM: (25, Sevis)
(507) Morti: only needs to hang past one.
(507) Morti: (shoulda been in parenthesis)
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( the hand followed Sevis up 2 levels ))
(519) Selena: "My thanks, Morti, for the assistance."
** (509) Sevis Goloens looks to see if he can get off the chain **
(507) Morti: (it folowed?)
** (519) Selena will look for an opportunity to climb when no one else is on the chain **
(511) DM: (yes)
(511) DM: (it flew)
** (509) Sevis Goloens gets off the chain and head back toward the hand that blew him off **
** (508) Daelan follows along,not sure exactly what is going on. **
(507) Morti: (Oh.. I thought they were attached to the steps)
(511) DM: (no, I said earlier they rose into the air)
(511) DM: (20, Cael)
(510) Atross: "So.. there's another one of those things?"
(507) Morti: (must've missed it. Had the description from the node of a hand sticking out of the stone, stuck in my head, I supose)
** (503) Cael launches off of Thom's shoulder, returning to his circling, watching those that may need his assistance. **
(522) Thom: (( ok, sorry - but my image of things is gone. Morti is high up the stairs with a chain that goes past one flight, down to where the end of the party was waiting. Sevis is on the chain, climbing up to Morti with a hand chasing him, and Thom is moving up after that hand. Is that right? ))
(511) DM: (could've been done in a whisper)
(511) DM: (regardless)
(511) DM: (I think so but perhaps Sevis has moved back to the Stair)
(511) DM: (18, hand2)
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( ya, I got back on the stairs. Dont want to slip down a chain in the nude ))
(511) DM: The second "hand" extends its forefinger and ring finger at Sevis and fires off two beams.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
(511) DM: The first misses and strikes a portion of the Stair to no effect. The second causes him to freeze in place.
(511) DM: (17, Mort)
** (509) Sevis Goloens halts ((Doing a live inpression of David)) **
(507) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [14,19] = (33)
(507) Morti: "Ooo.. I hope this works." :Morti suddenly weaves his hands and mutters arcane words, as a familiar rasping face appears over his head, berating the hand. Dispel Magic: [1d20+8] => [20,8] = (28)
(511) DM: It halts in mid-gesture.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d2] => [2] = (2)
(511) DM: (10, Arun)
** (507) Morti holds hisbreath, peering at the creature.. wondering what just happened **
** (512) Arun advances up the steps quickly, again, moving to flank it across from Thom ((Again, taking 10 on balance and tumble to safely get to the other side of it. 16 balance, 31 tumble.)). He lashes out at it with a burning scimitar. **
(512) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+18] => [11,18] = (29) Damage: [2d6+5] => [5,1,5] = (11)
(522) Thom: (( you do remember what has happened the last couple times you attacked with those weapons, right? ))
(511) DM: The "hand" gives no indication that it felt anything.
(511) DM: (6, Atr)
** (510) Atross heads upstairs behind Arun. As Atross sees the second hand, hanging still in mid-air, he has to ask, "What did you do to this one?" **
(511) DM: (-5 to hit the "hand" due to height and lack of visibility)
(507) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+19] => [17,19] = (36)
(510) Atross: ((As Atross isn't as fast as Arun, I'm done with that.))
(507) Morti: "Um... we might want to run before it wakes up again"
(511) DM: (27, Thm)
(522) Thom: "We run, it will just follow us." Thom reaches up and strikes out twice at the hand. ((including the -5 mentioned))
(522) Thom: 1st attack: [1d20+15+2-5] => [17,15,2,-5] = (29) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
(522) Thom: 2nd attack: [1d20+10+2-5] => [5,10,2,-5] = (12) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [1,5] = (6)
(512) Arun: ((Don't forget +2 for flanking))
(511) DM: (25, Sevis)
(522) Thom: (( I knew I was forgetting something. So a 31 and 14 to hit... ))
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( guessing only 2 melee can fight a hand at a time due to the narrow stairs? ))
(511) DM: ((yes))
(507) Morti: (plus.. no one wants naked guy doing high kicks)
(511) DM: (rofl)
** (509) Sevis Goloens starts back down since the other hand is occupied, giving Rhian a wink as he passes her **
(507) Morti: (wouldn't you have to go past the fight to get down? 0.o)
(511) DM: (yes he would)
(511) DM: (20, Cael)
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( can just jump from one level to the other though the middle to skil the fight ))
(511) DM: (ok... ;) )
(507) Morti: (Just to flash Rhian?)
** (503) Cael continues circling. (( Done )) **
(511) DM: (17, Morti)
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( going to get my robe ))
(511) DM: The hand comes awake again and fires a pair of beams at Sevis.
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( AFK for a smoke while Sevis runs down and back up ))
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+7] => [7,7] = (14),[1d20+7] => [16,7] = (23)
(511) DM: (both miss)
** (507) Morti offers a slight, "Hurishta, forgive me.. before weaving a quick spell, and firing off a barrage of blue bolts at the hand. Magic Missile: [4d4+4] => [1,4,3,1,4] = (13) **
(511) DM: The magic missiles are reflected to the nearest living creature -- in this case, either Thom, Atross or Arun.
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [6] = (6)
(511) DM: (to Arun)
(511) DM: (10, Atr)
(507) Morti: "Aaahh! Sorry!"
(522) Thom: (( it's an eater-of-magicka isn't it? so it should eats those... :-P ))
(512) Arun: ((Zane called that one...))
(511) DM: (yeah, should be Arun's go. oops))
** (512) Arun recoils from the reflected bolts of magicka, and continues hacking at the Hand. **
(512) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31) Damage: [2d6+5] => [4,2,5] = (11)
(512) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [19,16] = (35) Damage: [2d6+5] => [6,2,5] = (13)
(512) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar 2nd Attack Roll: [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23) Damage: [2d6+5] => [6,4,5] = (15)
(512) Arun: +1 Flaming Adamantine Scimitar 2nd Attack Roll: [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29) Damage: [2d6+5] => [3,1,5] = (9)
(511) DM: It ceases to move.
** (522) Thom stares at the hand as it dies. "Arun, get up to Morti. Atross, check on those still lower. We'll all regroup higher up." **
** (512) Arun nods, and heads up the stairs to where Morti is. **
** (522) Thom remains at the hand for a moment, making sure that it doesn't move anymore, before heading up himself. **
** (510) Atross moves back down the stairs to check on those down below. **
** (503) Cael banks towards where Morti is standing on the stairs, landing a few steps away. **
** (507) Morti slumps down, dropping miserably to a seat on the steps and groaning aloud. **
(510) Atross: "Is everyone alright down here? Not too disturbed by Sevis's antics I hope."
(522) Thom: "Arun, are you ok?"
(519) Selena: "Fine. Just curious about what happened, but we can tell that tale another time."
(512) Arun: "I'll live."
(512) Arun: "Morti, what is wrong?"
(507) Morti: "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry." :groans out:
** (503) Cael shifts back, placing a hand on Morti's shoulder. **
(507) Morti: :sighs as he hangs his head: "They might really be extinct now."
(510) Atross: "Well, we just killed two very well-placed and very rare guard dogs."
** (522) Thom is unsure exactly who Morti is talking to, so he lets the little mage be for now, waiting for the others to make it back up the stairs, and hoping Sevis can get redressed and rejoin them soon. **
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( back from smoke ))
(522) Thom: "They might Morti, but I have a feeling that there are more. After all, think about how many peering eyes there were in that shaft."
(522) Thom: (( and I'm off for one. ))
(507) Morti: "Maybe..." :doesn't sound his hopeful self though:
(519) Selena: "Does anyone need some healing?"
** (509) Sevis Goloens comes back filly dressed "Well that wall creats theye eyes, so I doubt they are in danger of becoming extinct" ** swats at the two prying eyes **
(512) Arun: ((to Selena)) "I could use a little."
(510) Atross: "I admit to being a little singed, but I think others took worse than I did."
** (519) Selena carefully shifts to go near Arun and places a hand on him, singing softly. **
(519) Selena: Cure Moderate Wounds [2d8+10] => [2,3,10] Hits: (1)
** (510) Atross stands to one side to let Selena get by. **
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Sorry for the show, but it wasnt my choice." ** takes the lead again and makes his way up the stairs, keeping an eye out for more hands **
(519) Selena: cure moderate wounds [2d8+10] => [7,1,10] = (18)
(522) Thom: (( back ))
(512) Arun: ((don't need that second one. the first one did the trick))
(522) Thom: "Thank you Selena, I'm sure Arun appreciates it.
(519) Selena: ((it was a reroll - die roller reset on me))
** (503) Cael follows Sevis' lead. **
(511) DM: (remember you're still on the Stair)
** (522) Thom heads up as well, pausing to help Morti get to his feet again. "Come Morti, whether there are more or not - we must proceed. Otherwise, this was all for nothing." **
(522) Thom: (( Cael is still flying, right? ))
** (507) Morti nods and stands, following after Thom **
(503) Cael: (( No ))
** (510) Atross rejoins the line going up the stairs as everyone starts moving again. **
(522) Thom: (( oh, missed the shift back. Well, he could have flown ahead of the others, since there is so little room to pass one another. ))
** (512) Arun moves along with the group. **
** (519) Selena falls in line **
** (522) Thom pauses as the group reaches the top of the Endless Stairs. "Want me to take a look at that door?" he asks the two (Sevis and Cael) ahead of him. **
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( there's a door? ))
(522) Thom: (( apparently I see one, but you two are in front of me. ))
(511) DM: ((whomever is at the topmost step sees the door, if not Thom))
(503) Cael: (( That'd be Sevis. ))
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( Ahh ok, we thought Thom was seeing things :) ))
(511) DM: ((once again, the steps are 4' wide, so that means only one person can be on a step at any one time))
(522) Thom: (( Sevis was in the lead, then Cael, then Thom, Morti, Arun, and the others trailing. ))
(522) Thom: (( that's why I was double checking. :-) ))
(509) Sevis Goloens: "I'll just try an open it, I dont wana rish falling off again."
(522) Thom: "Go for it."
** (509) Sevis Goloens tries to open the door **
(507) Morti: :while they stop, Morti unslings the mirror from his back, resting it on the step, to rub at his shoulder, where the rope is chafing.:
** (509) Sevis Goloens continues on "There is a seemless stone hallway here" **
(522) Thom: "Is it wider than the stairs? If so, let me take the front. Otherwise, might as well keep moving."
(509) Sevis Goloens: "Yes it is" ** moves in and steps to the side so everyone can file in and Thom can take the lead **
** (503) Cael does the same, taking a position near the middle of the group. **
** (522) Thom moves past Sevis and Cael once he reaches the hallway. "So much for Endless Stairs, huh?" He then proceeds down the hallway, searching for any traps as he goes. **
(511) DM: The passageway is a seamless stone corridor, suffused with blue-white light that extends some distance ahead. By rights, you should be walking on clouds....so whereever this is isn't normal.
(522) Thom: (( and yet - not normal has become normal for us... ))
(511) DM: In the distance can be seen an ivory-white skull shrouded in crimson flames. Its eye sockets are pinpoints of harsh white fire.
(511) DM: It's flying in mid-air.
(509) Sevis Goloens: "That looks more unfriendly then those hands were."
** (522) Thom pauses upon seeing the floating skull. "Morti, you want to come here, this is more down your line of work." **
** (507) Morti follows up into the hall, eyeing the floating skull. Whispers aside, "Think that's is a hate-thief?" **
(522) Thom: "Would make sense I guess. So does that mean if we love it, it will be powerless?"
(511) Skullwraith: "Here lies Algahund, the Cheiromar, as in the end must we all. Proceed with great care; great danger awaits the destructive or greedy."
(522) Thom: "Or we can send Daelan in first, might make him more pleasent."
(507) Morti: :bows to the skull, answering :"I'll try not to be either."
(522) Thom: "Or, we all go since it obviously knows we are here. Everyone, keep your weapons down."
(507) Morti: "We only come to return this mirror to master Alaghund."
(511) DM: The skull doesn't respond.
(522) Thom: (( I'm guessing that we hadn't quite entered the room yet, yes? ))
(507) Morti: "Hmmm.." :watching the silent skull: "Does that mean we can walk by?"
(511) DM: It doesn't reply to that either.
(503) Cael: "I believe the best we can do is to heed its warning and press on."
** (522) Thom approaches the skull, "Thank you for your warning, although it was not needed. My companion wishes to return an item to Alaghund that we found, and we were looking for a murderer by the name of Lathkoon." **
(522) Thom: "Morti, where do you think the mirror would be best placed?"
(511) DM: It
(511) DM: It's silent.
(507) Morti: :shrugs:
** (507) Morti heads in.. carefully trying to edge past the skull **
** (509) Sevis Goloens falls back to rear guard **
(511) DM: The passage continues several feet. Ahead is an archway that opens into a chamber from which can be seen an aura of soft white light.
** (522) Thom keeps an eye on the skull for any offensive moves, but pretends to be not paying attention to it anymore. **
** (522) Thom continues through the archway. **
(511) DM: The skullwraith trails behind Morti.
** (503) Cael follows behind Thom and Morti, wary of the now following skull. **
** (512) Arun follows Thom and Morti into the room. **
** (519) Selena stays safely in the middle of the group **
** (507) Morti grimaces as the skull follows. trying to act natural.. in spite of fears, as he moves into the next chamber **
** (510) Atross remains near the back of the group, as before. **
** (508) Daelan brings up the rear,his eyes catching everything he sees **
(511) DM: Within this large chamber are several objects.

There is a stone block atop which lies a sleeping form.

Not far from it is a stone plinth.

In one corner of the room to your right is a gigantic diamond prism within which can be seen a faint blue haze.

(511) DM: To the far wall is a set of stone shelves which contains a number of objects.
(511) DM: A pair of doors can be seen on the left wall. A door made of clear crystal is in the far wall. A door made of prismatic light is to the far right wall.
(511) DM: The skullwraith trails silently behind.
** (522) Thom moves to the left upon exitting the tunnel, allowing everyone to filter in. "Find a place for the mirror Morti, and then we can see what other answers we can find." **
(509) Sevis Goloens: (( I am fading ))
(511) DM: The prying eyes flit about the chamber, attracted by the intense magicka within the room.
(522) Thom: (( loser. :-P ))
(511) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
** (507) Morti nods to Thom, as he looks about, wondering if there is a blank spot on the shelves or plinth where the mirror may belong... however, the figure on the block, quickly calls his attention, and the boy cautiously appraosches, to inquire. H-hello? Are you alive?" **
(507) Morti: (okie)
(522) Zane: and Morti can ask his question next time. :-)
(511) DM: (hm, well it's going to be interesting next week)
(522) Zane: why does that comment fill me with dread?
(503) J.C.: Past experience


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms