Welcome to OpenRPG version 1.7.4...
Locating server at 18.104.22.168:6774...
(161) TaliesinNYC (enter): 21:23
(120) Asmodeus (enter): 21:23
(149) Avatar Manwae (enter): 21:23
(154) Darren (enter): 21:23
(156) Stormcrow (enter): 21:23
Server Administrator-> You have connected to an OpenRPG server, version '1.7.1'.
The Tangled Web
Standing outside the entrance to the cave, you are surprised to hear the
sounds of music and merriment coming from deep within.
2) Run fast and far away
Moving to room 'Damrosil'..
(161) TaliesinNYC (enter): 21:23
Saterday Game: 9pm - 3am EST
This campaign uses the 3.5 D&D ruleset and has been running since August
2003. We have an opening for one player.
Admittedly, the Saturday game is the most complex of the three games that I
run but is, in my opinion, the most satisfying. Players who make it through
the extensive screening process tend to stay on for quite a while. Two of the
players have been with me since the very beginning.
There are two parallel campaigns in the Saturday game. PCs in the Damrosil
game are 10th level. PCs in the Mel Nethra game are 16th level. The campaigns
are linked both conceptually and storyline-wise. You can't join one without
playing in the other.
If you would like more information, please feel free to send me an e-mail to SobaAddict70
at gmail dot com or by using one of the instant messaging services above.
If you send an e-mail, please be sure to put "Andurin" in the
subject line, otherwise I might treat it as spam.
(157) J.C. (enter): 21:23
(159) Zane (enter): 21:23
(160) Lunauc (enter): 21:23
(159) Zane: There he be.
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (161)
(161) TaliesinNYC: I had to do a complete
(161) TaliesinNYC: so I've lost everything
(159) Zane: ouch
(159) Zane has sent you a tree node...
(159) Zane has sent you a tree node...
(159) Zane has sent you a tree node...
(159) Zane: Just sent my char nodes (Fri and
(161) TaliesinNYC: can someone send me an alias
(161) TaliesinNYC: and a monster roller
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (160)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (159)
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (157)
(161) TaliesinNYC: where is everyone?
(157) J.C.: Back, I was in the bathroom
(157) J.C.: As for everyone else, I don't
(159) Zane: No idea - and I don't have a
(157) J.C.: Me either on the roller
(160) Lunauc: sorry, was afk. yo stash
(160) Lunauc: .. monster roller..?
(161) TaliesinNYC: something that adds monster
minis from a web site
(161) TaliesinNYC: I'll wait till DJ gets back
(161) TaliesinNYC: I'll also wait 15-20 minutes
before calling it if no one shows up
(160) Lunauc: ok
(166) Donovan (enter): 21:32
Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (166)
(159) Zane: There's one
(161) TaliesinNYC: yes but since y'all decided
to split up
(161) TaliesinNYC: that means we can't really
(166) Donovan: I wonder if I missed a week;
there was a day I thought we were on for but I couldn't find anyone
(161) TaliesinNYC: we haven't
(161) TaliesinNYC: the last time we met, you
split the group up and Morti/Drenla and someone else went to take a boat to
(159) Zane: not sure - depends on what Atross,
Cael, and the others were doing while Morti, Thom, and Drenla went after Sevis.
As I recall, you didn't really want to do much of the rescue of Sevis on screen - since it was 98% or
so of Drenla and other NPCs talking.
(161) TaliesinNYC: I think Thom
(161) TaliesinNYC: there was a wishing well
(161) TaliesinNYC: right
(161) TaliesinNYC: and since Atross and Cael are
here, I'd really rather have Daelan be here
(161) TaliesinNYC: otherwise it's not worth
(159) Zane: So - if nothing really happened,
we *could* FF to where Morti, Thom, Drenla, andSevis remeat the group. And then
- we are all together again.
(161) TaliesinNYC: we could do that
(161) TaliesinNYC: but Sevis isn't here
(159) Zane: Or, we could give Drew another
10 minutes or so, since he never shows up on time.
(161) TaliesinNYC: anyway, what did you want to
(161) TaliesinNYC: I need Atross' node since I
(159) Zane: Entire group - head to Cael
next. The group that did not go after Sevis - can't remember.
(160) Lunauc has sent you a tree node...
(159) Zane: Not Cael - Cear.
(166) Donovan has sent you a tree node...
(160) Lunauc has sent you a tree node...
(166) Donovan: I'll send you an update of all
my character nodes after the game too, then.
(160) Lunauc has sent you a tree node...
(157) J.C.: Do you want Cael's node too?
(161) TaliesinNYC: yes please
(161) TaliesinNYC: don't send me Garret's node
(161) TaliesinNYC: or any Mel Neth PC
(161) TaliesinNYC: or any Tolmara PC
(157) J.C. has sent you a tree node...
(159) Zane: Whoops - already did, sorry
(157) J.C.: All right, you should have it
(161) TaliesinNYC: I'll still need them, I just
don't want to have to look for them
(159) Zane: k
(161) TaliesinNYC: ok so gimme a couple sec
(161) TaliesinNYC: feel free to start RPing in
(161) TaliesinNYC: you're on the road to Caer,
which leads close to the elven forest but doesn't go through it
** (159) Zane rides along with the group,
keeping an eye on the forest, trying to take in all that has happened recently.
(As in - we are talking OOC) **
** (159) Thom rides along with the group,
keeping an eye on the forest, trying to take in all that has happened recently.
(As in - we are talking OOC) **
** (160) Morti rides along with the others... but
looks around a bit confused... as if he can't remember how he got here. Eventually
he shrugs it off and moves along. **
(160) Morti: (hmmm.. can anyone else not
think of something to do on the road to Caer? 0.o)
** (166) Atross rides along distractedly -- an
unusual sight -- as ponders what could await them upon meeting Caer. **
(161) DM: (talk about recent events? not what
you did while FFing naturally since we'll never know what occurred)
(161) DM: (I'm redownloading some modules in the
(159) Thom: (( Yeah - but questions about
that time and questions for Sevis are all I got right now... hmm... ))
(160) Morti: ("What happens in Nith'tar
Valon stays in Nith'tar Valon")
(161) DM: (easy way to do that is to write out
in plain English your questions and e-mail them to me, and I'll do my best to
answer them, but not IC unless necessary)
(161) DM: (questions to Sevis should be e-mailed
directly to DJ and copy me)
(159) Thom: (( true - but doesn't help us
right now. Ahh, I got something. ))
** (159) Thom turns to Cael, "Cael - how much do
you know about your cousin or his neighbors in Ruiari?" **
** (157) Cael looks at Thom with a slightly confused
expression. "What exactly do you mean? **
(159) Thom: "Do you think that they
will be able to overcome what they faced there?"
(157) Cael: "Well, I haven't had much
contact with my cousin until this recent incident, however, from what I do
remember of him, and from what I know of your race, they will overcome this. It
is all a matter of time."
(159) Thom: "That is good, I was a
little troubled. To be taken in by an imposter, who takes over control like she
did - not everyone can deal with that treachery. If Ruiari can deal..."
(157) Cael: "I'm sure they will be
fine. Once weeds have been removed, the crops can grow as they are meant
(159) Thom: "Hmm.. Regarless of the
size of the garden?"
(159) Thom: (( *Regardless ))
(157) Cael: "We can only hope that the
garden has been tended well enough."
** (160) Morti listens on, though he slumps weakly
forward in his saddle, practically laying atop the horse, while Moiraine
balances on his back, effectively riding him. **
(157) Cael: "It is up to the citizens
of Ruiari to restore things to where they were, we've done what we can."
(170) Chuckie D (enter): 22:14
(159) Thom: "I just hadn't thought
about the after effects of removing an evil lie from a position of power. We
didn't stay around after the werewolf's death long enough to see the after
effects. Highkeep should do well I guess. If Ruiari can make it, Highkeep can deal.
Although, the Tempest will have been there a lot longer..."
(170) Chuckie D: Disconnecting from server...
(170) Chuckie D (exit): 22:16
(157) Cael: "We have done our part, we
can only hope that they take care of themselves."
(159) Thom: "Yes... take care of
(157) Cael: "It is no different in
nature. Once the source of an unnatural corruption is removed, there is little
more that can be done to restore things to the way they were. Nature must then
care for itseld."
(159) Thom: "But that's nature - how
can you be so sure that a city, or even a small town, will behave the same
** (160) Morti crosses his arms at the horses neck,
lets a out a long yawn and settles down to rest as his mount follows alone. **
(157) Cael: "Because, it is in the
nature of all living things to heal and to restore themselves to their former
self. A cut in the busy, when cleaned and left alone will heal. That is the
same for a community."
(157) Cael: (... body... not busy*)
** (160) Morti takes a long pause, before asking up
from his lazy position, "Then why are there so many ruins of abandoned
cities around?" **
(157) Cael: "Simple, the wound wasn't
clean and was left to fester."
(159) Thom: "That just seems too simple
a view for the way of life of a true city. A small town like Ruiari - maybe,
they are still farmers. But in a city, there are so many individuals, and so
many groups, that would seek to fill in for the missing piece, I just can't see
it being that easy."
(160) Morti: :gives a fretful groan:
"Did we remember to "clean the wound"? What does that mean
anyway? Should we have cleaned the temple?"
(166) Atross: "Unfortunately, if it is
well-placed, even a single wound will prove fatal, even if infections do not
(160) Morti: :more worried, looks up to
Atross: "It was fatal?"
(166) Atross: "I don't know about
(157) Cael: "I don't believe so. I
believe that the village will survive."
(166) Atross: "There seem to be some
sturdy folks still left in Ruiari
(159) Thom: "But that is the question -
isn't it? The tempest made the wound, we removed the blade, but was the attack
from her too much?"
** (160) Morti lets his head sag back down to her
crossed arms, "So confusing..." **
(157) Cael: "Seeing those in that
village that were willing to assist us makes me believe that it wasn't too
(159) Thom: "And when allowed to attack
for 30 years time, will removing the Tempest bring a city to ruins?"
(157) Cael: "Her weapon was fear. They
will be slow to trust for a time, but I believe things will change in time, for
(157) Cael: "Of your adventures so far,
have you heard anything from those you have helped?"
(160) Morti: "Not really.. I mean.. we
usually just keep moving. We've never really looked back before."
(159) Thom: "Most of those I've helped
so far are in other worlds, or were already dead. Well, except for Wysos I
(157) Cael: "Do you trust that those
that you helped are still safe? That what you did was enough?"
** (160) Morti just shrugs **
(159) Thom: "Well - usually we did what
we needed to keep ourslves moving, and what seemed right to do. And in Wysos,
we really only helkped one individual."
(157) Cael: "Regardless of your reason,
do you believe that are safe?"
(160) Morti: "I hope so."
(172) ZardoZ (enter): 22:40
(157) Cael: (they are safe)
Disconnecting from server...
(172) ZardoZ (exit): 22:42
(159) Thom: "It would seem to defeat
the point of doing good if we thought they weren't safe. But there is a
difference between people being safe, and a city not being able to come
(157) Cael: "I ask you this Thom, do
you believe that you did enough in Ruairi for them to be able to come together
(159) Thom: "I did all I could. Whether
that was enough or not - that was my original question."
** (157) Cael shakes his head, "Do you believe
it was enough? From what you learned of those people in our short time there,
do you believe they can use what you gave them to survive?" **
(159) Thom: "I want to think so, but I
wonder. And worry a little."
(157) Cael: "You have to have faith in
yourself, and in your actions before you can have faith in others."
(157) Cael: "Which is why I ask if you
believe you did enough."
(159) Thom: "There was no more I could
do. The few that would deal with outsiders - we talked to and gave them what we
could. But most of the population is so scared of outsiders.." Thom can
only shrug in response.
(157) Cael: "Then all you can do now is
trust that Ruairi will survive."
(159) Thom: "I guess I see what you
(159) Thom: (( well - it seems we are good
to FF again, once Stash is ready... ))
(157) Cael: ( Aye )
(161) DM: A glint of sunlight can be seen in the
distance down the road.
** (159) Thom continues to scan the area around the
road - keeping watch for any surprises. **
(166) Atross: "What do you suppose that
is? Could be we've spotted the river at last."
** (160) Morti seems to have fallen asleep on his
horse at this point **
(159) Thom: "It's sunlght. I doubt it's
anything special. If it is, we'll see when we get closer."
** (159) Thom looks a little closer at the glint
though, regardless of what he said, trying to see if he can tell anything more
than something that relfected sunlight. (I.e. moving, size, distance, etc) **
(166) Atross: "At the risk of being
obvious, sunlight typically comes from above the horizon, not below it."
(159) Thom: "We're outside city walls -
stranger things have happened."
(161) DM: As you round the bend, some distance
down the road can be seen an ornate mirror, propped against an oak stump. This
is the source of the glint you spotted earlier. There seems to be a faint glow
surrounding the frame.
(161) DM: (that's to Thom who I assume will
relay the info to the PCs)
** (159) Thom nudges Morti awake. "Morti, you
might want to see this." Speaking to everyone - he tells them of the
glowing mirror. **
(160) Morti: "Weh..." :as he's
nudged awake, he fidgets to come to... and falls off the horse.:
(166) Atross: "Morti..."
** (159) Thom quickly grabs Morti's shirt as the
small man starts to fall. **
(159) Thom: Reflex: [1d20+14] => [1,14] = (15)
(159) Thom: (( or not... ))
** (166) Atross shifts around in line to help Morti
back up. **
** (160) Morti lethargically pushes up to a seat on
the groun, rubbing his masked head and looking around, "Whah
** (159) Thom looks at his hand, certain that he
should have grabbed Morti before he fell. "Uh, sorry Morti. There's a
glowing mirror ahead." **
** (157) Cael shakes his head and chuckles as he
looks to Rin'Umarth, "Rin, would you mind flying ahead to check things
out?" The bird leaps off the elf's arm and heads in that direction. **
(160) Morti: "Huh..?" :rises to a
shaky stance, as he looks around their surroundings.: "Mirror...?"
(159) Thom: "Yep. You want to go check
(159) Thom: "Looks like it could be
rather ornate, and since it is glowing - possibly magical."
** (160) Morti looks around for the mirror in
question. (how far is it from us?) **
(157) Cael: "Which makes me think
perhaps we should be cautious."
(159) Thom: "Yes, I was going to
approach it first, but I saw that you sent your friend in - which was a good
(161) DM: (some distance down the forest road,
(161) DM: (it appears to be propped up against
an oak stump. all is idyllic however.)
(160) Morti: (is it set up to catch anyone
coming straight down the path?)
(161) DM: (nope)
(160) Morti: "Yeah... that's a
(159) Thom: "Wait here, I'll see what I
can tell about it first." Thom dismounts, handing the reins to Atross. He
moves over to the tree line and makes his way toward the mirror, moving to be
sure to approach it from behind, or at least from the side.
(160) Morti: "Hmmmm..." :groans
mildly as he stumbles over to his horse:
whispering to J.C., Rin tells you it seems to be
a mirror, roughly man-sized. scenes of various natures can be seen within the
mirror. a leaning crag. a spiral staircase. a hooded and cloaked figure,
possibly human? a woman with raven-black hair and smooth alabaster white skin.
a hunchback in tattered blue robes.)
(161) DM: From what you can determine, it
appears to be a rather large, man-sized mirror of antique or ornate make.
Someone or something dragged it out here and propped it against a decayed
(161) DM: A faint glow surrounds it and shifting
scenes can be seen within the glass.
(160) Morti: :calls to Thom: "Cover it
with a cloak or something for now, if you can."
(159) Thom: (( I recogonize the scenes as
** (159) Thom removes his cloak as he checks over the
mirror, without ever getting in front of it. **
(161) DM: A leaning crag. A spiral staircase
made of crystal and jewels. A hooded and cloaked figure, possibly a man? A
woman with raven-black hair and smooth alabaster skin, sneering. A hunchback in
tattered blue robes, clutching a bronze staff.
(161) DM: The scenes in the mirror shift
whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+14]
=> [17,14] = (31)
** (159) Thom covers the mirror with his cloak and
waves the others over. **
** (157) Cael begins towards Thom. **
(157) Cael: "Any clue what it is Morti?"
** (160) Morti waits until Thom has the mirror
covered before he approaches. As he comes into range, he reaches out to get a
sense of what they're dealing with. (Detect magic, spellcraft for school and
(160) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+19]
=> [14,19] = (33)
** (159) Thom tells the others the few flashes he saw
once they get close. "And I didn't find any traps on it, so it should be
safe to touch 0 if necessary." **
(157) Cael: "Rin told me of the same
(159) Thom: (( *touch - if necessary ))
whispering to Lunauc, it seems to be a device
that enables its owner to scry distant locations, except something is
apparently wrong with it.
(160) Morti: "But why is it here?"
(166) Atross: "Even so, I'll happily keep
it further than arm's length."
(159) Thom: "So, definately magical.
But what do they mean, and why was it left here?"
** (160) Morti draws a steady breath, as he kneals
down, and lifts the cloak to look into the mirror. "It's some kind of
scrying device... but I think it's busted." **
(159) Thom: "Which would explain why it
was left here."
(160) Morti: "Strange place to dump
(159) Thom: "It's on the road to
(159) Thom: "Maybe it fell from a wagon
and was busted that way."
(160) Morti: "Then how did it get
propped up on the stump?"
(159) Thom: "Well, the wagon driver
knew it fell and stopped. But since it was now busted, left it here instead of
taking it anywhere."
(160) Morti: (is it just the same images
replayed over and over?)
(157) Cael: ( Survival/Track check to see if
it was placed here recently, what direction they came from, where they went,
(157) Cael: Survival: [1d20+4+10] => [7,4,10] = (21)
(159) Thom: "I don't know, but it kinda
makes sense to me. The question we need to asnwer is - can it be fixed?"
whispering to Lunauc, yes
(160) Morti: "I dunno. I don't have any
experience with magick item crafting."
whispering to Lunauc, detect magic (STRONG,
(159) Thom: "If not - we might as well
leave it here as well."
(157) Cael: "From the north..."
(166) Atross: "I think we're xpeculating
ahead of ourselves here. We really don't know enough to say why it was left
here and by whom. Even being the road to Nith'Tar Valon, this path hasn't seen
much traffic recently."
(166) Atross: "But anyone who does
come this way will have to have spotted it as well."
(160) Morti: "Think we were supposed to
(159) Thom: "I admit Atross, I'm making
it up as I go. I have no idea what happened."
(161) DM: Some runes can be seen at the bottom
of the mirror's frame.
** (159) Thom gets an idea and draws out Ringrist,
standing close to the mirror. **
(161) DM: Nothing happens.
** (159) Thom puts Ringrist away. **
** (160) Morti sits watching the scenes in the
mirror, wondering if they are connected, in a single area or if there are any
notable symbols or if he can identify any of the places or faces. (knowledge
(161) DM: (if you like)
(160) Morti: (history?)
(161) DM: (or local)
(160) Morti: Knowledge: History Skill Check:
[1d20+10] => [15,10] = (25)
(159) Thom: "Do you know those runes
Morti? Or Drenla, Rhian?"
(161) DM: A name pops into mind: Algahund, but
where or how, you're uncertain.
(160) Morti: (and either read magic or
comprehend language to read runes)
** (161) Drenla lets out a low whistle and looks a
bit uncomfortably at Morti. **
(161) Drenla: "Property of Algahund, Magus
(161) Drenla: "Algahund is...er was, a
famous wizard in the history of the Southern Kingdoms and Asflag's
** (161) Rhian shrugs her shoulders. "I've never
heard of the name." **
(160) Morti: "Really..?" :raises a
curious brow: "What was he.. or she like?"
(159) Thom: "Somehow I doubt that he
would toss out one of his own items, even if it was busted. A Magus Supreme
would be able to get it fized, I'd imagine."
(161) Drenla: "I only knew him by
reputation. He was powerful in his own right and had several apprentices, some
who respected him and others who feared him. He used magicka wisely and well.
He was the Magister preceding Garath's predecessor."
(160) Morti: "Wow... I never knew that.
Do you know if he lived around here?"
(161) Drenla: "Actually, yes he did. And is
buried near here as well."
(160) Morti: "Oh... he's... oh.. how
(161) Drenla: "His tomb is said to reside
near the mountain known as Dagda's Thumb, inside the Leaning Stone."
** (159) Thom looks around. "I wonder if this
mirror might be a marker for his grave then." **
(161) Drenla: "I believe he would have died
a century ago if memory serves."
(159) Thom: "Or not." he mutters,
as Drenla continues.
(160) Morti: "Leaning stone...?"
:lifts the cloak and waits for the leaning crag image to cycle past again:
(161) Drenla: "That might be it."
(159) Thom: "Well - we are heading to
** (161) Drenla looks at the mirror curiously. **
(160) Morti: "Huh...Is it far off
course from our path?"
** (159) Thom collects his cloak from the mirror,
placing it back over his shoulders. **
(159) Thom: "Not sure Morti, but we can
keep an eye out for that leaning crag."
(160) Morti: :nods, speaking idly: "We
should return it."
(159) Thom: "Are you going to carry
(160) Morti: "I was kinda figuring the
(159) Thom: "If you can load it up, I
don't see why you can't take it to return to his tomb."
(160) Morti: :nods: "I wonder who the
people in the pictures are though."
(159) Thom: "Old friends?"
(157) Cael: "I'm curious, I realize
that it is probably broken, but is there any reason it would display the images
(160) Morti: :shrugs: "Can I borrow a
(161) Rhian: "We might be able to get a
better sense of direction at Delzoun's Rest. It's a wayrest that lies near
here, and famed for its spiced potatoes."
(159) Thom: "Sure." Thom pulls a
rope out of his pack, holding it until Morti gets the mirror to his horse. Once
he does, Thom will help Morti secure the mirror, but lets Morti do most the
(160) Morti: "Sounds tasty."
** (160) Morti gets out his blanket and wraps it
around the mirror for cushioning with the rope, and with Thom's aid, he secures
the mirror to his horse's saddle, hagging down it's side. **
** (157) Cael seems to be lost in thought. **
** (161) Rhian nods and settles in her saddle as you
make preparations to continue. **
(159) Thom: "It's a magic mirror Cael,
I wouldn't think on it that hard - I doubt it's worth it."
(160) Morti: "Uh.. I think that'll
** (159) Thom looks over Morti's knots, checking
(159) Thom: Use Rope: [1d20+5] => [20,5] = (25)
** (159) Thom secures a few knots a little more.
"That should hold a little better." **
(157) Cael: "That may be, but I have
trouble believing in random coincidence."
(166) Atross: "Maybe it's cursed and the
person who tried to take it from the tomb left it behind to avoid the
(159) Thom: "Oh, I'm sure there is a
reason - I just don't believe that we will figure it out by just sitting here
** (166) Atross adds quickly, "It's just an
(159) Thom: "Won't be the first time
I'm cursed for grabbing something then Atross."
(160) Morti: "Cursed..? Maybe..."
:looks up in thought, pausing a moment, before shrugging and saddling up.
** (157) Cael nods, still partially trying to piece
things together. **
(159) Thom: "Although last time it
wasn't technically me, yet it was..."
** (159) Thom saddles up as well and leads the way
back down the road, keeping his eyes open for dangers from the sides. **
(159) Thom: (( grabbing a quick smoke. ))
(160) Morti: :Apparently already forgotten
curse worries, looks to Rhian: "Do you know what's in the potatoes?"
(160) Morti: [1d12]
=>  = (6)
(160) Morti: (eh... ignore that)
(161) DM: You arrive at the wayrest a few hours
later, just as the sun is about to set on the horizon. The innkeeper, Delzoun,
welcomes Rhian with open arms and shows her to a table near a granite
fireplace, fawning over her all the while. The common room is packed and a hush
descends for a moment on spying the dimunitive Aes Sedai, but then continues.
Aromas of food and drink fill the taproom and bar.
(161) Rhian: "Slow-fried onions, parsley
and garlic and a couple of herbs I can't identify."
** (160) Morti insists on bringing the mirror inside,
rather than leave it outside to be stolen. "Can I get a hand?" **
(161) Rhian: "Now, now Delzoun, you know
that I'm of the people. I'm not royalty."
(161) Delzoun: "Oi, ays, mistress, but
we've missed ye all this time. An' ye 'ave guests oi see."
** (159) Thom helps Morti with the mirror, also
offering his cloak again to keep it covered. **
(161) Delzoun: "Sit anywhere ye like.
Dinner served soon."
(160) Morti: (should still be blanket
** (160) Morti looks for a safe place to rest the
mirror against the wall. "Thanks Thom." **
(161) DM: People glance curiously at your bundle
as you lug it inside.
(159) Thom: (( that works for me. ))
** (159) Thom takes a seat next to Morti, keeping the
wrapped mirror between the two of them. **
** (160) Morti moves to take a seat at Rhian's tabel,
smiling through his mask to the innkeeper, "Hello, can I have a spiced
** (157) Cael takes a position leaning against a wall
near Rhian's table, staring at the bundle. **
(161) Jhaness: "Sure, hun. A platter of
fried potatoes coming right up. An' yer friends? What'll it be?"
** (166) Atross takes a seat at the table as well,
choosing to be the last one to enter. **
(160) Morti: "And do you have any
(161) Jhaness: "We've got turtle soup,
fried river crabs, roast chicken, baked ham, three daggers duck, mash, cheese
and and sausages. Cook has a rhubarb pie for dessert."
(161) Jhaness: "Plum or apple cider,
(160) Morti: "Hmmmm.... apple. And I'll
have the river crab and rhubarb pie."
** (157) Cael looks up at Jhaness with a slightly
lost look, "I'll take some of the Plum Cider and the potatoes will be
enough for me." **
(161) Jhaness: "Ye cam eat a lot oi
see." (smiles and moves to take the other orders)
(159) Thom: "Bring a plate of
everything for us all, and I'll take an ale to drink."
(161) Jhaness: "Coming right up then."
(159) Thom: "Might as well sample it
all." Thom explains.
** (161) Jhaness turns to leave for the kitchen and
passes a middle-aged, weathered trapper on the way there, who slaps her on her
(161) DM: She giggles.
(160) Morti: :nods in agreement to Thom, and
turns to the Aes Sedia who led them here:"She seems nice. Do you come here
a lot, Miss Rhian?"
(161) Rhian: "I'm known to some of the folk
(161) Rhian: "And after our adventures in
Ruairi, I thought it might be best to come to a friendlier place."
(159) Thom: "It is indeed a nice change
(160) Morti: "True, thanks for bringing
(161) Rhian: "You won't find a safer place
in all of the lowlands. Delzoun is an accomplished fighter -- not a Warder --
but he can hold his own if necessary. His hands (points them out to you) --
Beldar and Tormil -- are able warriors and not above knocking sense if need be."
(159) Thom: "Sounds like good people.
Maybe we can actually pass though a spot without our aid being needed."
(161) Rhian: "That would be nice, wouldn't
(159) Thom: "Quite nice."
(159) Thom: (( Hint hint. :-P ))
** (161) Leelae comes out of the kitchen, skirts
flouncing, along with her sister as trays of food begin arriving at your table.
(161) Leelae: "A platter of everything fer
** (161) Leelae sets a plate of lettuce leaves next
to Morti and a dish filled with melted butter, and another with hot mustard. **
(159) Thom: "Ahh, and it looks almost
as good as those bringing it out." Thom replies back, with a smile and a
wink for the serving girls.
(161) Leelae: "That's for the crabs. Fold a
crab inside a lettuce leaf, dip in butter and mustard, then eat."
** (157) Cael finally breaks his concentration on the
bundle and takes a seat at the table. **
** (160) Morti smiles wide as the food starts to
materialize on the table. "Ah... thank, thank you. Fold, wrap dip."
(161) Guthal: "Oi've ne'er seen anyone eat
as much as yer about to."
(160) Morti: "Well.. I fell off a
horse." :as if that explains anything...:
(161) DM: A middle-aged, weathered trapper
raises his tankard to you from a couple of stools over.
** (159) Thom raises his ale back to the trapper
(assuming he's gotten it). **
** (166) Atross begins sampling dishes as they are
still being set out, clearly not wasting any time. **
(161) Guthal: "Fell off a horse?"
(chuckles) "What didye do? Get up offa th' wrong bed?"
** (159) Thom starts sampling as well, leaving the
potatoes and crab for those who desired them more. **
** (160) Morti raises his cup in return to the
trapper, then digs in, loading food up under his mask. "The horse was the
bed... *munch*" **
** (157) Cael dishes out his food, avoiding any of
the dishes containing meat. **
(161) Guthal: "Well I be." (roars with
laughter) "Didja hear that, Dulgud?" (chuckles)
(161) Guthal: "Oi'm Guthal. This 'ere is
Dulgud, a good-fer-nothing hunter but one o' tha' best fishers aroun'
(161) Dulgud: "Oi'm guid all right, Guthal.
Guid at wenching an' drinking ye unner tha' table!"
** (160) Morti looks askew to the old trappers, his
chewing exaggerated by his shifting mask. *gulp* "Fishing...? I used to
fish.. when I was little." **
** (159) Thom laughs a little. "Well met to both
of you." Thom introduces the group, using first names only. **
(161) Dulgud: "An' yer from? Oi'd swear yer
from tha' west but can't place yer tongue."
(159) Thom: "Many places actually,
we've kinda just gathered together for safer travel."
** (160) Morti nods, "Uh huh.. I'm originally
from eastern Kern." :shovels another crab wrap up under his mask. **
(161) Dulgud: "Tha's Brorim. A 'cutter and
skilled ranger." (gestures to a weathered and tanned half-elf who sits
against the bar smoking from a clay pipe)
(161) Guthal: "Eassern Kern. Ye don' say?
Long way from there." (drinks)
(160) Morti: :nods as he finishes chewing
and swallows. "Yeah.. but I left a long time ago."
(161) Jhaness: "Don't mind Guthal, friends.
'E's a busyworm, 'e is, but means best. More cider?"
(160) Morti: "Yes, please."
** (160) Morti starts digging into the potato. **
** (161) Jhaness pours some more, then places the
pitcher on the table. "Help yerselves, friends." **
(160) Morti: :gulp: "Thank you, ma'am
(161) Dulgud: "Eassern Kern. We neber have
anyyun from there. Jes' Aes Sedai, the odd occasional elf or trader."
** (159) Thom enjoys the food and drink, and most of
all the enjoyable atmosphere. **
** (161) Dulgud tips his tankard at Rhian with a
respectful nod. "Ma'am." **
(160) Morti: "Well.. this is my first
time here.. so we're even."
** (161) Rhian smiles. "Peace be your sword, Dulgud."
(159) Thom: "Everyone is from
somewhere, aren't they? Besides - do you actually ask every single person you
meet where they are from?" Thom asks, his voice still pleasent, enjoying a
** (161) Dulgud shrugs. "Somethin' tae make note
of, if'n ye mind. We like tae know who 'ere talkin' to." **
** (160) Morti maintains a steady pace of nonstop
eating between speech, sampling a bit of everything. **
(161) Dulgud: "'Tisn't often we get folk
from not 'ere."
** (157) Cael eats slowly, seeming to get more
enjoyment from the interaction than from the food. **
(161) DM: There's a stir out front as three
trappers come into the bar, followed by Delzoun. They're loaded with furs and
pelts, and they walk into the rear of the wayrest, and lock themselves in a
(159) Thom: "I can understand that,
there are unfortunately a number of undesirable people out there. Ahh, but with
food this good, we might have to find ourselves over this way more often."
(160) Morti: :gulp: "Makes sense. I
remember when I was a kid, we'd alwasy follow around knew strangers in our
(161) Guthal: "Delzoun's cook is one o'
tha' best in the lands." (sighs contentedly)
(159) Thom: "I can believe that."
Thom takes another mouthful of food.
(161) DM: After a while, one of the trappers
throws open the door and lugs in a covered tent into the taproom.
(161) DM: He clears his throat to get attention
and unfurls a flap of the tent.
** (157) Cael looks up at the man. **
** (159) Thom raises an eye to note the man's
actions, while he also keeps an eye on the reactions of the locals. **
(161) DM: Within is the corpse of a middle-aged
man clad in robes and a cloak, wearing a gold finger-ring and a gold cloak pin
inscribed with a rune.
(161) Delmaster: "Anyone know this man or
seen him 'afore?"
** (160) Morti chokes on his mouthdul as the corpse
spills onto the floor. **
** (159) Thom says nothing, and scans the faces of
the locals for any signs that they do recogonize him. **
(161) Delmaster: Everyone crowds arond to look.
Some say, "Looks like a wizard!" while others exclaim at the opulence
of jewelry ("Look at the gold!") but there seem to be no recognition
** (160) Morti beats his chest a few times to
dislodge the food from his throat, spitting up on the plate and coughing for
(161) Delmaster: Everyone crowds arond to look.
Some say, "Looks like a wizard!" while others exclaim at the opulence
of jewelry ("Look at the gold!") but there seem to be no recognition
(161) DM: Everyone crowds arond to look. Some
say, "Looks like a wizard!" while others exclaim at the opulence of
jewelry ("Look at the gold!") but there seem to be no recognition
** (166) Atross looks around the room for the
reaction, quietly adding to those nearby, a morbidly familiar scene. **
** (161) Rhian sighs. "You don't have to get
involved if you don't want to." (softly) **
(159) Thom: Thom whispers quietly,
"Rhian - you or Drenla want to see if you recogonize the pin?"
(161) Rhian: "I've never seen that
(161) Drenla: "If you want me to."
(159) Thom: "Fine with me." he
whispers back, eating another bite of food.
(161) DM: One of the woodcutters gasps. It's
Brorim, the half-elf.
** (160) Morti groans as he recovers from his choking
fit and begrudgingly looks over to the unfortunate robed figure, making sure it
is no one he knows. **
(161) Brorim: "Storms strike me! It's
(161) DM: Silence falls, except for people
** (157) Cael looks around the crowd watching facial
** (161) Brorim looks around the room, waving his
pipe. "Ulthorn he called himself; said he was once an apprentice to
Algahund himself!" **
whispering to Lunauc, you've never seen him
(160) Morti: "Alaghund..?"
** (159) Thom stops eating, taking a nice long drink
of ale. **
** (157) Cael shakes his head, "Of course he
(159) Thom: "Every single time..."
he mutters under his breath.
(161) Delzoun: "Algahund, a magus who lived
'afore my time."
(161) Delzoun: (to Brorim) "When was
(161) Brorim: "Not two days gone by. I met
him in the woods on the other side of Lost Axe Lake, just walking, and we
shared some o' my rabbit for the evening. He had some good black moonwine with
him too. He told me he was bound for the Cheiromar's tomb, to find all his
magicka -- an' he tol' me that he'd only just learned tha' spells he'd need to
get in....seems he hadn't got 'em right after all. Where'd you find him?"
(161) Delmaster: "Well, 'twas at the foot
of the Stone we found him, all right -- lying in a doorway that's never been
there 'afore as far as oi know. Not a mark on him anywhere that we could see,
but 'e's dead. And there's this..."
** (161) Delmaster bends over and touches the cloak
pin with one finger. **
** (160) Morti raises from his seat to look over to
the pin in question **
(161) Voice: "Danger! Turn back
Shaleen...my beloved....Irimael was waiting at the Leaning Stone....found the
tomb...Halazar built across the tomb of the Baron...walled it up again...but
someone has...'ware Irimael! She waits! Turn back--and live!"
(161) DM: A raspy baritone voice fills the
taproom and as it speaks, the assemblage looks about in fear and unease,
muttering amongst themselves.
** (160) Morti wonders where the voice is coming
from, nervously glancing to the mirror. **
** (161) Brorim shakes his head. "Oi'm goin' tae
tha' jakes. Strange magicka no doubt." **
(161) Delzoun: "Tormil, cover the body. Oi
would nae want it catchin' cold. Beldar, stand guard while oi sit an'
(160) Morti: (any idea where the voice came
whispering to Lunauc, probably from the pin
(161) DM: People talk excitedly amongst
themselves. You hear snippets of conversation.
** (159) Thom leans forward to his companions, and
quickly and quietly mutters, "At least we are heading that direction
(160) Morti: :quirks a brow to Thom:
"Is that a good thing?"
(166) Atross: "There seems to be something
in the neighborhood, wherever we go. It's the times we live in though. Well,
(159) Thom: "It's not a trip to another
world. But I don't see a need to get involved either, since it seems to have
nothing to do with us directly. Of course, we have to gather power before going
** (161) Brorim shuffles from the taproom and heads
to the outhouse. **
** (161) Beldar stands guard near the body while a
burly, muscular warrior covers the wizard's corpse with a sheet. **
(160) Morti: "Hmm... think this means
someone else is at Alaghund's tomb?"
(161) Dulgud: "It could be." (drinks)
"Most o' us know tae stay away from tha' tomb o' tha' Cheiromar. A
powerful mage 'e was, who 'tis said, was buried by one o' his kind, who then
went away on a flying horse."
(159) Thom: "Could mean that..."
Thom leans back, taking another drink of his ale. "I know that we are time
sensitive, but I can't imagine that someone else using his tomb is good
(160) Morti: :furrows his cloth brow
deeply.: "So.. someone might be muching around in the tomb of Asflag's
master...?" :seems serious:
(161) Guthal: "Ays. In my time, oi heard
tha' he raised nine wonders, each more strange than tha' last an' all not heard
of an' seen in tha' land since. Tha' 'e was a male Aes Sedai" (glances at
Rhian who ignores him) "but tha' 'e kept tae himself an' paid none any
(161) Dulgud: "An 'e had many 'pprentices
though all were sent on many an errand. Nine in number, though I cannae name
'em all. Asflag the Brown was one o' them. A lover of animals an' who had some
elfblood in hsself."
(160) Morti: "Do you know if the tomb
is far from here?"
** (159) Thom glances at Rhian, "Sounds like
Morti's ready to go at least." **
(161) Guthal: "About a day's travel, half
that or less if by horse. We use tha' Stone as a mark, ye know, tae meet people
or fer a high view. Tha' tomb is s'posed to be in tha' Stone but none know
** (160) Morti looks to Thom, offering shy bow of his
head, "I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. It's just... I owe Asflag. So.. if
someone is disgracing his master's resting place..." **
(159) Thom: "Then it sounds like we go.
After all - what trip would it be for us if there wasn't something?" Thom
adds a smile and pops another bite of
chicken into his mouth.
(166) Atross: "It is still in the right
direction, at least."
(160) Morti: "Thank you."
** (157) Cael takes a long draw off his cider and
nods in agreement. **
** (160) Morti offers a full bow to the group **
(159) Thom: "Just remember - this one
is yours. No moping about travelling to dark and musty dungeons for you this
time." Thom smiles at the small mage.
(160) Morti: :nods firmly: "Yes,
(160) Morti: :looks up to the trapper:
"Um... would it be alright if I search Ulthorn's body? He may have
something on him to suggest what he expected in the tomb."
(161) DM: Suddenly, an ear-splitting scream can
be heard outside the wayrest.
(160) Morti: :flinches with the scream:
** (159) Thom leaps from his chair and rushes
** (157) Cael bolts up and towards the door. **
** (159) Thom rests his hand on Ringrist, not drawing
it quite yet. **
** (161) Delzoun rushes out the door, only to run
into Jhaness. She's crying hysterically. "He's dead!!!" **
** (160) Morti quickly shakes off the shock and
chases after his friends **
(157) Cael: "Who?"
(161) DM: Various people hurry after.
(161) Jhaness: "Brorim! He's dead, without
a mark on his body! I was taking a bucket to the well when I saw his
(159) Thom: "Rhian Sedai, Cael, come
with. Jhaness, please show us where."
** (161) Jhaness holds up a fist to her mouth as if
to stifle herself, her face as white as a sheet. **
(159) Thom: "Or point us in the right
** (161) Rhian nods grimly as she follows you to the
** (161) Jhaness points in the direction of the
outhouse. "There...." **
(161) Delzoun: "Now, Jhaness, there....take
hold of yourself." (looks at Thom) "Any help ye can offer would be
** (159) Thom nods to Jhaness and goes out.
"Cael, can you check for any tracks? Rhian, no marks might
indicate your magicks, can you sense any?" **
** (161) Delzoun embraces his daughter and comforts
her. "Everythin' will be allright, love." **
** (157) Cael begins to head towards the outhouse. **
(161) Rhian: "I will need to see the
** (159) Thom gets out to the outhouse and once alone
with his companions, draws out Ringrist. "Ok Ringrist, let's see what you
** (160) Morti follows along with the others,
gripping his staff and watching the surroundings for a killer **
(157) Cael: ( Survival Check for tracks,
etc... [1d20+14] => [19,14] = (33) )
(161) DM: Folk watch you warily as the sword is
unsheathed. Nothing seems to happen.
** (166) Atross keeps a lookout on the surroundings,
but doesn't expect any killer to stand out so readily. **
** (159) Thom looks around with Ringrist drawn, as
though he was looking for any attackers. **
(161) Rhian: "Whomever or whatever slew him
did so without using the Power."
(157) Cael: "I can't make out anything
distinctive, there's been too much traffic through here to know for sure who is
(157) Cael: ( Heal Check for cause of death?
(160) Morti: (pushed too hard.. popped a
blood vessel in his brain. it happens)
** (159) Thom relaxes visably and sheathes Ringrist.
He moves near Cael, also looking for any clues as to the cause of death. **
(157) Cael: Heal: [1d20+4+6+1] => [17,4,6,1] =
(159) Thom: "Sorry for draggin you out
here then Rhian, I was hyoping for an easy answer I guess."
** (160) Morti looks over Cael's shoulder, awaiting
the druid's findings **
(157) Cael: "It was some sort of spell,
arcane if I'm not mistaken."
(159) Thom: "Hmm, any ideas
** (157) Cael looks at Morti with a questioning look.
"Perhaps you could find out? **
(157) Cael: "
(160) Morti: "Not really... maybe something
necromantic. To kill without leavign a mark.. would have to attack the life
force in someway. But why kill him?"
(159) Thom: "Same reason as killing the
mage? Same thing - dead but no marks."
(160) Morti: "He said he met Ulthorn
and they shared a meal, right? Where was that again?"
(159) Thom: "In the woods, near a lake.
Can't be more than a day's travel out."
(157) Cael: "It was near the foot of
the Leaning Stone"
(160) Morti: "So... what did he know
that he had to die for?"
(157) Cael: "Well, the only connection
we know that they had was their brief meeting."
(159) Thom: (( foot of the stone is where
they found the mage's body - but the meal the two shared was not there. ))
(157) Cael: "And the location."
(159) Thom: "And possibly the way they
(157) Cael: ( I don't know, I got a message
from Stash saying "at the foot of the leaning stone" )
(159) Thom: (( I chould have misread as
well. Anyway... ))
(157) Cael: ( It was 'on the other side of
Lost Axe Lake. )
(161) DM: (I misread the question)
(160) Morti: :looks back to the door to the
inn. "Do you think the others are at risk, for finding the body?"
(159) Thom: "Possibly, but not if we
find the murderer quickly. I think we need to rest tonight and head out first
thing in the morning."
(161) DM: Folk look at each other and at you
uneasily, and one by one, drift back into the wayrest.
(157) Cael: "We have no evidence
currently that the connection is with the body, I think the connection was with
(159) Thom: "Either way, nothing else
we can do about it right now. Let's get back inside for now."
(160) Morti: "Um.. shouldn't we do
something for Brorim first?"
(161) DM: Delzoun and his bar "hands"
seem to have armed themselves as if expecting something. The mood in the
taproom has turned from jovial to somber.
(161) Delzoun: "Did you find
(159) Thom: "I'd leave it to his
friends, they would know the proper burial rites better."
(160) Morti: "Right."
(161) DM: (he will ask you that when you return
(159) Thom: "Unfortunately, nothing
conclusive. We believe that whoever did it has left, but the only way to get
answers will be elsewhere. We will head out in the morning to see what we can
find. As far as Brorim, we leave him to his friends to bury in your
(159) Thom: "I believe Brorim's death
is tied in with his meeting with Ulthorn - so solving one will solve both
murders. That is of course, if you all have no problems with outsiders looking
into these deaths."
(159) Thom: (( to Delzoun ))
(161) Delzoun: "No, I do not have any
problems at all. But we do have another. The body of Ulthorn is missing."
(159) Thom: "Missing?"
(160) Morti: "Huh?" Didn't you
just have him?"
(161) Delzoun: "Apparently it disappeared
in the confusion after discovering Brorim's corpse."
(161) Beldar: "See for yourself."
(gestures to where it was covered)
(160) Morti: "No one was looking this
** (159) Thom smacks his head. "Of course,
another murder would draw all attention away from the body." **
(157) Cael: "It could be that Brorim's
death was merely a distraction, and their connection coincidental"
(175) Beizer (enter): 01:52
(161) Tormil: "We all rushed out -- at
least some of us did -- when the other body was discovered."
(161) Beldar: "I'm afraid I've been lax in
(159) Thom: "Yes Cael. I am thinking
that's the way of it now. Which is good news in and of itself, although there
was likely something about the body that the murder did not want discovered.
Something we all missed."
(159) Thom: "It is not your fault. No
one could have expected this turn of events."
** (160) Morti looks around for tracks of blood
trails on the floor leading from where the body was, given its mangled state **
** (161) Drenla whispers in your (Thom's) ear. **
** (159) Thom frowns slightly, thinking, but nods and
quickly asks, "So, are there any rooms to be had **
(159) Thom: (( *add a question mark on the
end there... ))
(161) Delzoun: "Fortunately for you, we
have rooms available. Three golden marks a night. Each room has enough for two
whispering to Lunauc, there are none
(160) Morti: "Somehow. I don't think
sleeping will be so easy.
(159) Thom: "Excellent. We'll need
three of them if you could." Thom steps forward to pay the man, and
quietly says to him, "Might I suggest something to relax everyone? The
killer has left, with the one body. Everyone staying on edge with weapons drawn
in here will not help the mood. I understand grief, but nervousness asks for
(161) Dulgud: "Wise counsel, but this is
more for our own protection. Most in the wayrest will soon leave for their own
(161) Dulgud: "Oi myself will stay with my
friend for tha' evening if Delzoun will give me leave."
(159) Thom: "Understood" Thom
hands over some coin and moves back to the table with his companions.
** (161) Beldar nods at the hunter and lays a hand on
his shoulder. "He will be missed by all." **
** (159) Thom directs Morti to sit as well, Thom
leans forward and talks quietly with the little mage for a moment. **
(161) Delzoun: "Last roun' be soon if'n any
want a fill. Tormil, send a horse to Ruairi in tha' morn." (looks at Thom)
"Oi appreciate yer help. The god be with ye."
** (157) Cael sits uncomfortably at the table. **
** (159) Thom nods to Delzoun. **
** (161) Delzoun goes to the bar and stands watch,
along with Beldar over the body. **
(159) Thom: "Something on your mind
Cael?" Thom asks quietly.
(157) Cael: "I'm just thinking about
(159) Thom: "Care to share, or not
(157) Cael: "I've had a bad feeling
about things since we picked up that mirror."
(159) Thom: "Anything more specific
(157) Cael: "The images it shows, a
leaning crag, the death of a man taking place at the Leaning Stone, and 3
individuals. As I said before, I wish I knew why it shows the images it
(161) DM: People slowly trickle out of the
wayrest. Some give the room, and you in particular, a long thoughtful look, as
if to remember you for later.
(157) Cael: ( Not saying it showed the
death... just the crag )
(159) Thom: "I agree, there is more to
it. But unless you get a bad enough feeling to need to toss the mirror, let's
keep it for now. If anything else strikes you, let us know. I don't know if you
prefer staying indoors or outdoors for the evening, but there is a bed for you
if you desire."
(160) Morti: (afk a min)
(157) Cael: "I'm curious, do we know
for sure that the mirror is broken?"
(166) Atross: "Assuming it's not broken,
we still don't know what the scenes mean."
(159) Thom: "Only that Morti said it
was - and I don't know magicks enough to say he's wrong."
(157) Cael: "I'll be staying indoors
tonight, if you don't mind, I'd like to be in the room with the mirror."
(159) Thom: "Very well. You and Morti
can take one of the rooms. Now, it may be difficult - but we all need to rest
some tonight. We might be facing this murderer before the end of
(166) Atross: "Agreed."
(160) Morti: (bak)
** (157) Cael stands and approaches Delzoun, "Would
you perhaps have something I could write with and something I could write on,
would you?" **
(160) Morti: "WEll.. I only thought it
might be broken... Like I said.. I'm not familiar with that kind of
(157) Cael: ( ... scratch that second
"would you" )
(161) Delzoun: "Jelvarel might have
something for you. He's a scribe from Pelham."
** (161) Delzoun looks around the room.
"Strange, I thought he was here just a moment ago. No matter. I might have
a sheaf of parchment in the back room." **
(157) Cael: "If not I'll make due with
what I can gather."
(161) DM: You notice that his accent is less
** (159) Thom quietly asks, "Drenla, could you
look at the mirror a little closer tonight? See if you notice anything
(161) Delzoun: "Oi'll be back."
(157) Cael: ( Wierd, I thought this was the
character that I had buy parchment and such, but I can't find it anywhere. )
(159) Thom: .ooc
less than the others - or less than it was earlier?
(161) Drenla: "Of course."
(159) Thom: (( less than the others - or
less than it was earlier? ))
(161) DM: (it shifts in and out)
(161) DM: (less than earlier)
(159) Thom: "Cael, would you
** (159) Thom gets up and follows Delzoun's path. **
** (157) Cael nods. **
** (161) Delzoun returns with a stack of parchment
and writing implements. "If'n thar be anythin' else oi c'n get ye, jes let
me know." **
** (159) Thom glances around the room. ((How many
others are still here?)) **
(157) Cael: "That'll be all, thank
(161) DM: (at this point, just you, Dulgud,
Guthal and the wayrest staff -- Beldar, Tormil, Jhaness, Laelee and Delzoun)
(161) DM: (and of course, Brorim's body)
** (157) Cael looks at Thom curiously. **
(161) DM: Dulgud and Guthal sit disconsolately
next to the half-elf's corpse, and the others are cleaning up or standing
** (160) Morti returns to their table, to make sure
the mirror is still where they left it. **
** (159) Thom stands next to Delzoun for a moment,
looking at the back of the bar - not at Delzoun. He speaks very queitly, but
just loud enough to make sure he can hear. "I have a more personal
question for you. I can ask here, or away from the other locals. Your
(161) DM: (yup)
(161) Delzoun: "Oh?"
** (159) Thom glances at the man, showing him that he
is serious. "Here?" **
(161) Delzoun: "Ask if'n you want. There
are nae secrets here."
(159) Thom: "You may laugh and it may
be nothing, but I couldn't help but notice your wavering accent. In my
experience, that usually comes from someone pretending to be someone they are
(161) Delzoun: "Ye have a sharp ear fer a
Wessener. Oi'm an eye fer tha' Tower. Your Aes Sedai friend knows tha' truth o'
(161) Delzoun: "And when there are
stressful times, I tend to forget." (sighs)
** (157) Cael smirks and pats Thom's back as he heads
back to the table. **
(161) Delzoun: "Tha' answer yer
(159) Thom: "Very well. Surely you
understand my concerns in that case, considering the events. Rest as well as
you can, my friends and I will do our best to solve this."
(161) Delzoun: "My thanks, neighb'r."
(157) Cael: "Morti, do you think I
could have your help in taking the mirror to our room?"
(160) Morti: :nods to Cael and moves to
** (159) Thom nods to Delzoun and heads back to his
table. "Well, that was slightly embarrassing." **
(161) DM: (and on that note, we'll stop)
(159) Zane: End it with an embarrassed Thom
- thanks. :-)
(161) DM: heh
(157) J.C.: Heh
(161) DM: ok, you have one of two choices
(160) Morti: pepsi or coke?
(159) Zane: Only two choices? We must be
(160) Morti: 0.o
(161) DM: we can continue next time with Mel
Nethra or do an alternating thing with Damrosil/Mel Neth every other week
(161) DM: I think Zane had alternating months
(161) DM: up to you
(159) Zane: wouldn't doing Mel Nethra next
week BE alternating weeks?