Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
2 users online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
2 Guests
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:06 2007] : (28) J

[Sat Dec 15 21:25:06 2007] : (28) J.C. (enter): 21:25
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:06 2007] : (29) Nildael (enter): 21:25
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:06 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac) (enter): 21:25
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:06 2007] : (33) Ian Cromwell (enter): 21:25
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:17 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: who's Nildael?
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:25 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (34) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:28 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (28) J.C....
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:32 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (30) Zane (Mac)...
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:35 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (33) Ian Cromwell...
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:43 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac): lurker
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:46 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: ah
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:51 2007] : (29) Nildael: Guest of the day. Almost about to leave. (Was going to lurk for a bit if the game started at 9.)
[Sat Dec 15 21:25:52 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: well then with 3 players, we can't begin
[Sat Dec 15 21:26:25 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac): yeah - maybe Lun will show soon...
[Sat Dec 15 21:26:34 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: someone want to compile the item list in a node?
[Sat Dec 15 21:26:43 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: the things you want Drenla to identify I mean
[Sat Dec 15 21:26:47 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac): The one I emailed you?
[Sat Dec 15 21:26:51 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac): K.
[Sat Dec 15 21:26:56 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: yes please
[Sat Dec 15 21:27:06 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac): If anyone else has items that need to be ID, let me know.
[Sat Dec 15 21:27:13 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: did someone refer Nil to the wiki?
[Sat Dec 15 21:27:27 2007] : (28) J.C.: I hadn't, no
[Sat Dec 15 21:28:41 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: ah ha. well I don't recruit for this particular game since the entrance requirements are quite steep, so if you really want in, you might want to read about it first:
Andurin -- scroll down to Damrosil game and follow the links[Sat Dec 15 21:29:00 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: Andurin
[Sat Dec 15 21:29:28 2007] : (29) Nildael: The link's on the 'doormat', I believe. I've been reading over it.
[Sat Dec 15 21:29:32 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: k
[Sat Dec 15 21:30:05 2007] : (29) Nildael: A bunch of interesting concepts there, but I just wandered in to kill some time, and to see if I could catch some familiar faces from the Web
[Sat Dec 15 21:30:17 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: faces?
[Sat Dec 15 21:31:02 2007] : (29) Nildael: I've been a part of the Tangled Web for awhile now. Not in a literal sense, obviously
[Sat Dec 15 21:31:36 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: so I think you guys hadn't made up your minds how you wanted to get to NTV, did you?
[Sat Dec 15 21:31:45 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: I'm reviewing the log from last time
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:03 2007] : (33) Ian Cromwell: Just those 6 swords from the many armed creature we fought along time ago,they are long swords btw.
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:18 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: oh right, those.
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:22 2007] : (36) Lunauc (enter): 21:32
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:27 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (36) Lunauc...
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:32 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:33 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:33 2007] : (36) Lunauc: yo, sorry for thelatenes
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:40 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: it's ok, I'm late as well
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:49 2007] : (36) Lunauc: the lateness even
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:51 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: I think Zane will compile the item list and then we can get going
[Sat Dec 15 21:32:55 2007] : (36) Lunauc: ... is lateness a word?
[Sat Dec 15 21:33:28 2007] : (28) J.C.: Yes... technically speaking, it is a word
[Sat Dec 15 21:33:29 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Dec 15 21:33:29 2007] : (29) Nildael: (whispering): Wow, so strict is this game. Anyway, that's four. Tell the guys to have fun. I'm off for now.
[Sat Dec 15 21:34:05 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac): Lun - if Morti has anything that needs to be IDed, let me know. I've got the items that I noted in the logs, but I may not have everything.
[Sat Dec 15 21:34:19 2007] : (29) Nildael (exit): 21:34
[Sat Dec 15 21:34:55 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (371) Thom: "So, even the Aes Sedai are of many minds on things."
(373) Rhian: "If I hadn't used that weave, you would not be here."
(375) Morti: "But.. you know that.." :backpeddling: "Nevermind.."
(373) Rhian: "Yes, we are. There are deep cracks in the Tower though you would not know it if you were unschooled in our ways."
(371) Thom: "If it is that powerful, why did you not use it against that creature that you were fighting when we met?"
(373) Rhian: "Because I did not have the ter'angreal that allowed me to use that weave until recently."
(371) Thom: "Oh? Where did you pick that up?"
(373) Rhian: "While you were busy in the Floating Tomb, I did a little search of my own, along with Drenla."
(373) Rhian: "You probably have many questions."
(375) Morti: "Oh...." :recalling the wand, he reaches into his pocket to fish it out and hand it back to Rhian: "I almost forgot.. you dropped it."
(371) Thom: "Ah yes, you did get separated from us for a bit there. And as I recall, in helping us all get out, you were so drained that you passed out then as well."
** (373) Rhian takes it. "A dangerous thing, this. The dwarves had a channeler who, not understanding the perils of balefire, nearly wiped out an entire contingent before he was slain from overchanneling." **
(371) Thom: "But that was a male - so it is dangerous in your hands as well?"
** (375) Morti blinks, cocking his head aside in worry, as Rhian takes back the wand, and tells of a former unfortunate user. **
(373) Rhian: "You perceive things correctly."
(373) Rhian: "I am not powerful enough to use that weave, much less learn it. This wand, this ter'angreal, allows me the ability but at a price."
(375) Morti: "H-how much of a price?"
(373) Rhian: "If I use too much of the Power, stilling can result. Or death." (shrugs)
(371) Thom: "So it doesn't matter whether it is a male or a female, it is dangerous. And yet, many claim that all men are dangerous. Doesn't that mean all females should be considered dangerous as well?"
(373) Rhian: "That depends on your point of view." (curtly)
(375) Morti: "If.. another Aes Sedai got the Tar'angreal... one of the Black Sisters... they could use the Balefire as well..?"
(373) Rhian: "By and large, you have less to fear from one such as me than a wilder or a male channeler, especially a male untrained in the Power."
** (371) Thom shakes his head, "And you chose to join a group with so many twists, turns, and different viewpoints? And here you want to get back to it as well." **
(373) Rhian: "In fact," (archly) "I should have more to fear from YOU. Your sword is a dangerous thing."
(373) Rhian: "I am unsure if I want to return in light of what your friend has told me."
(371) Thom: "So some say." Thom pauses, looking at Morti, "What did he say to change your mind?"
(373) Rhian: "Oh, that a new Amyrlin has been elected, that the old one has fled, that there has been a schism in the Tower and that chaos rules the city. And that he lies in a dungeon at the bottom of the Tower because of his own foolishness."
(373) Rhian: "And the new Amyrlin is none other than Elaida." (grimaces)
** (375) Morti forms a deep frown on his clothen visage, "What did he do, to be put in the dungeon?" **
(371) Thom: "What? Oh great..."
** (371) Thom rubs his forehead. **
(373) Rhian: "It seems that your friend came to the Tower with a tale that alarmed the Sisters, except that he went about his investigations the wrong way. Asking an Aes Sedai about the existence of the Black Ajah is almost the same as opening a bag filled with scorpions."
(371) Thom: "Damn, I was afraid that he would speak. Sometimes, he can be as bad as Morti here with his mouth."
(373) Rhian: "He interrogated an Accepted, spoke to the Mistress of Novices and was made to see the Amyrlin because of the urgency of his request. And Elaida threw him in the dungeon after berating the Mistress for wasting her time."
** (375) Morti casts a frown to Thom's comment **
(373) Rhian: "I would have gone about it differently of course."
(371) Thom: "Sorry Morti, but you know what I mean."
** (375) Morti gives a meek nod. **
(373) Rhian: "Elaida is a Red who makes others of her order seem like novices."
(371) Thom: "As would I. So, with what you know of this Elaida, how likely is she to allow someone access, even limited, to the library?"
(373) Rhian: "I have had a lot to think about."
(373) Rhian: "WHAT?!"
(373) Rhian: "You can't seriously be thinking of looking in the Tower's library?!?"
(375) Morti: "Bad idea?"
(371) Thom: "Uh, yeah. I thought that had been mentioned to you, apparently not. I was going to try to read what I could about Ringrist, bartering with information about our time with the d'Ambervilles - which I thought might interest and Aes Sedai."
(373) Rhian: "You could try. But I doubt you would succeed."
(373) Rhian: "Elaida hates dealing with men with a passion."
(375) Morti: "Hmm.. I could use a spell to look like a woman, if that helps."
(371) Thom: "Then I guess not."
(380) Daelan: " Just because one looks like a female does not mean you know how to act liike a female Morti.''
(371) Thom: "Speaking of Ringrist, have you had enough time to think about the attacker we faced earlier?"
(371) Thom: "Oh, hey Daelan, didn't hear you come up."
(373) Rhian: "If you want to go to the Tower, I shall not stop you. However, I doubt I shall be returning there."
** (375) Morti nods to Dael, but looks to Rhian, "Where will you be going then?" **
(373) Rhian: "Why, with you, naturally. But not to the Tower."
(380) Daelan: " My appologizes,moving quietly is a trait one does not quit easily.''
(373) Rhian: "Someone has to keep you from interacting with the Forsaken."
(371) Thom: "Well, we do need to go nonetheless, we have to somehow help Sevis."
(371) Thom: "Is that another branch of the Aes Sedai?"
(380) Daelan: " So Sevis has managed to get himself thrown into the Aes Sedai dungeon?"
(373) Rhian: "He mentioned that we should specifically avoid the Tower and that he doesn't need our help."
(375) Morti: "He doesn't?"
(371) Thom: "Oh? Did he also mention where and when we should meet up with him then?"
(373) Rhian: "That was his message."
(371) Thom: "I guess that means no boat trip then Morti."
(373) Rhian: "The Forsaken? Yes. They were once Aes Sedai but broke their oaths and sealed themselves to the Dark One."
** (375) Morti scratches his head. "Aren't we still going to Nith'tar'valon to meet the Aes Sedai though?" **
(371) Thom: "That is, if we believe the message. I really want to, but I worry that Sevis doesn't understand what he has gotten himself into."
(373) Rhian: "It seems that, based on your description of the one who called herself 'Darenne', that you spoke to the Forsaken known as Semirhage."
(371) Thom: "So, they are Black Ajah? I thought that few Aes Sedai believed in the Black Ajah, so why would they have another name as well?"
** (373) Rhian turns serious. "They are worse than Black Ajah. Far worse." **
(371) Thom: "And by worse, you mean powerful, don't you?"
(373) Rhian: "After we leave here, you will call yourselves by a new name. If you are to go to Nith'Tar Valon, and it seems that you will, then I shall not risk being made to return to the Tower if Elaida rules it, and you will need to avoid being captured or pressed into service."
(373) Rhian: "Correct."
(375) Morti: "Pressed into service..?"
(380) Daelan: " It would be like all the other things that have been placed in front of us Morti,if you wish to rescue Sevis you must do this task for us here at the tower.''
(373) Rhian: "The Amyrlin has decreed that all able-bodied men who live in the gate towns of Felanost and Dashain shall enter into the service of the Amyrlin as members of the Tower Watch."
(375) Morti: "But.. we don't live there. We're just visiting."
(371) Thom: "We will have to discuss about going to Nith'Tar Valon still. As far as Darenne, or Semirage, is concerned - I felt as though she was quite powerful. After all, she seemed to recogonize Ringrist, but was not threatened by it. That eyeless creature we fought out in the ruins didn't know it, but was quite afraid of it once cut."
(373) Rhian: "Of course you are. But the press gangs don't take no for an answer."
** (372) Atross comes upstairs, opening the door to join the conversation, seeing as no one else has stayed down in the common room. **
(372) Atross: "This sounds like an awfully familiar conversation. Wasn't it like this somewhere before?"
(375) Morti: "Hmmm.... You think Elaida may be working with the Tempest?"
(371) Thom: "Oh good. Since we are all up here, we have to decide our next move. Obviously, we were planning on heading to Nith'Tar Valon to drop off Rhian Sedai, and check on some things while there. Now that Rhian does not wish to return, we have to decide if we are going there or not."
(373) Rhian: "I doubt it."
(371) Thom: "Same here. After all, Andress was trying to cut off Nith'Tar Valon."
(375) Morti: "What do yo think they'll do to Sevis then?"
(373) Rhian: "Most likely, they'll forget about him."
(375) Morti: "That seems kind of strange."
(373) Rhian: "Elaida's first order of business will be to secure her rule within the Tower and to present a unified front to all. The Tower must not fall. It must seem as if there has been a continuity of rule from one Amyrlin to the next."
(373) Rhian: "I doubt she will have any time to see to the fate of a fool."
(375) Morti: "oh..."
(371) Thom: "Which might be part of how Sevis believes he can take care of himself. After all, Tektite might be able to help him escape."
(373) Rhian: "But if you wish to go to the Tower, then I shall not stop you. However, if you go there, you will no longer be known by yourselves."
(371) Thom: "Other than Sevis, what real reason do we have to go there?"
(373) Rhian: "No, you will call yourselves with a name of your choosing, with a history contrived so that if someone were to ask you, you would be from somewhere else." (looks at all of you, making sure to rest her gaze on Daelan)
(375) Morti: "Hmmm.. I was kind of hoping to get in touch with the sisters... to leave something with them... but..." :groans in thought:
(371) Thom: "I was hoping to as well Morti, but if it is unlikely that Elaida would meet with us males, what good would it do?"
(375) Morti: "If they're just randomly pressing men into service, would it matter what we call ourselves?"
(373) Rhian: "It matters a great deal. You need to enter the gate town somehow. And people talk."
(380) Daelan: " I have no interest in speaking to anyone in the tower,I am going merely because the others are or were.''
(371) Thom: "Before we worry about new names, does anyone have a pressing reason as to why we should still go?"
(380) Daelan: " Though if they are unwilling to speak to males,I wonder if they would be interested in speaking to a Quessir,though I somehow doubt they would be willing.''
** (371) Thom looks to Morti and Atroos for any reasons. **
(371) Thom: (( *Atross ))
(375) Morti: "Well.. I would like to make sure Sevis gets out alright.. Other than that.. well.. it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.."
(380) Daelan: " I thought the only reason for going there was to drop off Rhian and for you all to seek information,now it seems the only viable reason to go would be to try and rescue your friend.''
(372) Atross: "I just think we need to catch up to Sevis. He's a little out of place here, even if he escapes the dungeons somehow."
** (375) Morti looks to Rhian, asking, "Are there any other Aes Sedai in the ciy who might help us, if Elaida and her followers won't?" **
(371) Thom: "That's what I have been saying Daelan. Although Sevis claims to not need help, I worry about him."
(373) Rhian: "I know of one or two. Veran Sedai might, if she has not fled."
** (373) Rhian looks at Thom. "That sword of yours must be hidden once we enter the gate town." **
(375) Morti: "That would be nice. At least she might be able to explain better what is happening, and how Elaida took over. Maybe she has opposition or something, right?"
(373) Rhian: "I won't have every Tower Watchguard or Aes Sedai coming down around our heads because of an unsheathed ter'angreal."
(371) Thom: "Of course, that was the plan since before we even got to this town."
(373) Rhian: "See to it then." (curtly)
(373) Rhian: "Now then, there is the matter of how you choose to travel to the Tower."
(371) Thom: "So, we are still going? Sorry, but why?"
(373) Rhian: "You can go by road, or by boat, or by using the Ways. Each has its distinct advantages and disadvantages."
(375) Morti: "Which way's the fastest?"
(373) Rhian: "The Ways, of course. But there are dangers."
(375) Morti: "Hmmm... second fastest..?"
(373) Rhian: "By riverboat. Assuming you can get past the spirit of the
Bridge of Voices."
(373) Rhian: "The advantage of riverboat is that it leads directly to the
Tower City itself, without the need to pass through a gate town."
(375) Morti: "You'd figure they'd do something about a spirit disrupting a major throughway
(373) Rhian: "Except that once we are at port, you will need to climb the Thousand Steps to gain entrance to the city itself."
(375) Morti: "What's the thousand steps?"
(373) Rhian: "The story is that the Bridge is haunted. If you believe in tales like that."
(375) Morti: "Are there really a thousand of them?"
(373) Rhian: "Nith'Tar Valon is a city that was constructed using the One Power and flies above the ground on platforms made of Air. The base of the city is supported by a pinnacle of solid Earth, around which have been carved stone steps that descend to a landing in the river. Those are the Thousand Steps. The city is also connected to the mainland by a bridge woven of Spirit, Air and Fire known as the
Bridge of Light. The Bridge is powered by the One Power and the moons of Andurin and is a wonder to behold."
(375) Morti: "Wow.. I have to see that."
(380) Daelan: " If I may,when did all this take place? The new person stepping into power? The capturing of Sevis take place? And the sudden sealing off of the tower from all men?''
(373) Rhian: "Elaida led the coup about a week or so ago. Sevis' capture occurred three days ago."
(373) Rhian: "I did not know of any of this until he and I had a conversation in tel'aran'rhiod."
(375) Morti: "Did everyone just go along with it?"
(373) Rhian: "As I said, there was a schism in the Tower. Siuan, the old Amyrlin, fled, with all of the Blue Ajah."
(380) Daelan: " So all of this took place while Andress was here doing whatever she was doing here,now that map seems to be making more sense than ever Morti,perhaps it had something to do with things that have taken place or were going to.''
(373) Rhian: "I imagine there have been a few other Sisters that have left with them."
(375) Morti: "Do you think your friend in the city would know where Siuan might have fled to?"
(373) Rhian: "Possibly."
(371) Thom: "Assuming she had any idea about the events Daelan. Of course, this change at Nith'Tar Valon wight have also been what made Andress drop her plans and leave."
(380) Daelan: " Or perhaps all of these things had to take place in order for her to leave Thom.''
(371) Thom: "Perhaps, but either way - the map is useless now."
(375) Morti: "Hmmm..." :looks to Rhian: "What about The Tower's attitude toward visiting diplomats. If a Citadel Magus like Drenla or me arrives would they still be able to press them into service or turn them away?"
(375) Morti: "Probably have to be Drenla. I don't even have a staff yet to prove my position."
(373) Rhian: "
(375) Morti: :mumbles in addition something about not being born yet either:
(373) Rhian: "That might be an opening, but your names would need to be changed."

[Sat Dec 15 21:35:05 2007] : (34) DM: (from last time)
[Sat Dec 15 21:36:00 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac): (( So, the plan was to head towards the city, but not enter it. We want to believe that Sevis can get himself out, but we want to be close once he does. ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:36:17 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac) has sent you a tree node...
[Sat Dec 15 21:37:24 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac): (( now the question becomes what to do today while waiting for Sevis - who is on vacation... ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:38:11 2007] : (36) Lunauc: ((PLay Red Light Green Light with the city guards at the gate?)
[Sat Dec 15 21:38:23 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: ((heh. well talk amongst yourselves though I have a feeling Morti can think of a way to get in trouble...I mean do something interesting.))
[Sat Dec 15 21:39:46 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: ((someone set up the OOC channel as well please))
[Sat Dec 15 21:40:19 2007] : (36) Morti: (o.0 I almost take offense at that.. if only I didn't consider it true. Did Rhian ever answer what chance a magus or two would have of seeking entrance to the city? Are the citadels close enough affiliated?)
[Sat Dec 15 21:41:06 2007] : (28) Cael: ( I think that is what the "That might be a opening, but your names would need to be changed." line was referring to. )
[Sat Dec 15 21:41:13 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (I was teasing. She can answer that IC if you like. Re the citadels, that's a complicated answer but in a word, yes.)
[Sat Dec 15 21:41:22 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (I haven't gotten around to thinkiing about it.)
[Sat Dec 15 21:41:32 2007] : (28) Cael: ( or not )
[Sat Dec 15 21:42:03 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (oh it is)
[Sat Dec 15 21:42:38 2007] : (30) Thom: (( So, we got a way into the city - if needed. I still say that most of the party should not even get close to the outer towns - which I know will make Daelan happy... ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:42:43 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (she's referring to if Morti wants to go the diplomatic route, your names will need to be changed.)
[Sat Dec 15 21:42:57 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (and please switch to a less bright color. my eyes hurt.)
[Sat Dec 15 21:43:37 2007] : (30) Helisandra: (( yeah, sorry about that... testing color. ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:43:40 2007] : (36) Morti: (well, I'll reply IC, least ways) "Do I need to have a notable name? or just any name other than my own?"
[Sat Dec 15 21:43:44 2007] : (30) Thom: (( yeah, sorry about that... testing color. ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:43:45 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Dec 15 21:43:48 2007] : (30) Thom: (( So, we got a way into the city - if needed. I still say that most of the party should not even get close to the outer towns - which I know will make Daelan happy... ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:45:28 2007] : (34) Rhian: "Any name other than your own."
[Sat Dec 15 21:45:57 2007] : (34) Rhian: "There's always a chance that a Brown or other sister with too much time on her hands will check the veracity of your statements."
[Sat Dec 15 21:46:07 2007] : ** (36) Morti nods, "Do you think they'll consider letting us in the library then? Or is that too much?" **
[Sat Dec 15 21:46:51 2007] : (34) Rhian: "I'm certain your friend Drenla can come up with one or two names that might fit the bill."
[Sat Dec 15 21:47:34 2007] : (30) Thom: "Good, I wouldn't want to send more than one or two into the city anyway. Our full group would draw too much attention."
[Sat Dec 15 21:47:41 2007] : (34) Rhian: "That depends on which library you want to use. The library in the Outer Tower is not as extensive as those in the quarters reserved for the Brown sisters."
[Sat Dec 15 21:47:43 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I have no intention of changing my name,since I have no desire to enter the tower.''
[Sat Dec 15 21:48:18 2007] : (30) Thom: "Yes Daelan, you can stay outside with Rhian Sedai and whoever else stays outside."
[Sat Dec 15 21:48:49 2007] : (28) Cael: "Assuming another identity is nothing new for me, however, the identities I assume are usually of the wilds, so I too believe that, unless you need me, I would remain outside the tower."
 [Sat Dec 15 21:49:36 2007] : (30) Thom: "Very well."
[Sat Dec 15 21:49:43 2007] : (36) Morti: "Okay, we can try the less secure library first then." :glancing to Dael and Cael: "Are you sure? There are bound to be some amazing sights in the city."
[Sat Dec 15 21:49:47 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Why not go in as one of Morti's cats Cael?"
[Sat Dec 15 21:50:00 2007] : ** (36) Morti sounds more like a tourist than an adventurer **
 [Sat Dec 15 21:51:16 2007] : (28) Cael: "Sadly, I do not yet have the ability to take the form of a creature so small."
[Sat Dec 15 21:51:20 2007] : (33) Daelan: " The Sedai and the Calen Quessir do not mix well,I am sure I will not enter Morti.''
[Sat Dec 15 21:51:28 2007] : (30) Thom: "Hmm, do you think there would be anything of Ringrist in the Outer Library?"
[Sat Dec 15 21:51:30 2007] : (53) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ) (enter): 21:51
[Sat Dec 15 21:51:34 2007] : (53) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ) (exit): 21:51
[Sat Dec 15 21:51:40 2007] : (28) Cael: ( At least I don't think... I should probably check up on that. )
[Sat Dec 15 21:51:42 2007] : (30) Thom: (( to Rhian ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:51:59 2007] : (30) Thom: (( small should be easy - bigger is harder. ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:52:04 2007] : (36) Morti: "How about a big cat then?"
[Sat Dec 15 21:52:54 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Dec 15 21:52:54 2007] : (28) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): Thought so, a cat is a tiny creature, I can only currently manage small, medium and large... I can manage tiny at level 11.
[Sat Dec 15 21:53:00 2007] : (30) Thom: (( testing another color, sorry - forgot to make sure these worked before we started. ))
[Sat Dec 15 21:53:23 2007] : (54) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ) (enter): 21:53
[Sat Dec 15 21:53:29 2007] : (54) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ) (exit): 21:53
[Sat Dec 15 21:53:38 2007] : (53) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ) (enter): 21:53
[Sat Dec 15 21:53:41 2007] : (52) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ) (enter): 21:53
[Sat Dec 15 21:53:50 2007] : (28) Cael: "What did you have in mind Morti?"
[Sat Dec 15 21:54:07 2007] : (28) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): Yeah, I need to really keep track of what I can do in wild-shape...
[Sat Dec 15 21:54:35 2007] : (34) Rhian: "It's possible but unlikely."
[Sat Dec 15 21:55:00 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Dec 15 21:55:01 2007] : Game disconnected!
[Sat Dec 15 21:55:09 2007] : Locating server at 64.21.252.122:6774...
[Sat Dec 15 21:55:09 2007] : Game connected!
[Sat Dec 15 21:55:09 2007] : (47) TaliesinNYC (enter): 21:55
[Sat Dec 15 21:55:10 2007] : (30) Thom: "But also quite unlikely that we could get access to the Inner Library."
 [Sat Dec 15 21:55:32 2007] : (36) Morti: "Hmmm.. actually big cats might be too threatening, maybe a dog, or a donkey, or a goat."
 [Sat Dec 15 21:56:12 2007] : (36) Morti: "But they probably won't let animals in the library, with the exception of familiars."
 [Sat Dec 15 21:58:57 2007] : (28) Cael: "While not, it would be interesting to see how an Aes Sedai library compares to the ones of my people."
 [Sat Dec 15 21:59:12 2007] : (30) Thom: "Most likely. Remember Morti, we also have to be concerned with anyone who enters a gate town might wide up recruited into Nith'Tar Valon's defenders.

[Sat Dec 15 22:00:51 2007] : (36) Morti: "Hmm.. I think I'm too young and scrawny for guard duty."
[Sat Dec 15 22:00:54 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (38) J.C....
[Sat Dec 15 22:00:56 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(28) J.C.' from room...
[Sat Dec 15 22:00:58 2007] : (28) J.C. (exit): 22:00
[Sat Dec 15 22:01:08 2007] : (30) Thom: "You yes - but anyone else would need to be careful."
[Sat Dec 15 22:01:21 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Dec 15 22:01:21 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): have we crossed the bridge of voices yet?
[Sat Dec 15 22:01:32 2007] : (36) Morti: :nods: "Guess you better slouch then."
[Sat Dec 15 22:01:34 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I don't know how you wanted to go to NTV
[Sat Dec 15 22:01:39 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): was that settled?
[Sat Dec 15 22:02:30 2007] : (33) Daelan: (whispering): not that I am aware of
[Sat Dec 15 22:03:06 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if it hasn't been settled then the answer is no
[Sat Dec 15 22:03:12 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I think you're still in Ruairi
[Sat Dec 15 22:03:19 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): maybe someone can correct me
[Sat Dec 15 22:03:23 2007] : (30) Thom: "If I enter. I'm still not sure I should. If Sevis can get himself out, then the risk for myself outweighs the slight possibility of gaining more understanding of Ringrist. If the change in power had not happened, this would be a different story."
[Sat Dec 15 22:04:24 2007] : (36) Morti: "So... we shouldn't enter the city then?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:05:19 2007] : (36) Morti: 0.o :slants his clothen brow in a bit of confusion: "Where do we go then?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:06:33 2007] : (30) Thom: "Why risk being taken in? Sevis claims that he can free himself, so I feel we should give him a chance. We can still head down that way, but I am not ready to enter the city as we originally planned, in light of the new head of the Aes Sedai.
[Sat Dec 15 22:07:19 2007] : (56) Amber (enter): 22:07
[Sat Dec 15 22:07:37 2007] : (56) Amber (exit): 22:07
[Sat Dec 15 22:07:40 2007] : (36) Morti: :scratches his head: "Too bead we can't find the old head then. Maybe she'd know a way we could get in safely."
[Sat Dec 15 22:08:38 2007] : ** (30) Thom looks to Rhian, "You said the old Amyrlin likely left, correct? Any idea where she would be?" **
[Sat Dec 15 22:08:41 2007] : (38) Cael: "If what we have been told is true, it is likely that safety is in short supply within Nith Tar'Valon currently."
[Sat Dec 15 22:08:42 2007] : (57) Testilaro (enter): 22:08
[Sat Dec 15 22:09:01 2007] : (57) Testilaro: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Dec 15 22:09:01 2007] : (57) Testilaro (exit): 22:09
[Sat Dec 15 22:09:14 2007] : (34) Rhian: "I don't know, Thom."
[Sat Dec 15 22:09:33 2007] : (34) Rhian: "I have a few ideas, but no way to check."
[Sat Dec 15 22:09:36 2007] : (30) Thom: "Exactly why I don't want to go there if we can help it Cael. We seem to find trouble easy enough as it is - no sense in willinging placing ourselves in danger for nothing."
[Sat Dec 15 22:09:51 2007] : ** (38) Cael nods in agreement. **
[Sat Dec 15 22:11:24 2007] : (30) Thom: "Well, even if we tracked her down through one of Rhian's ideas - by the time we got there, and then back here, we would have wasted a good chunck of time. Time we may not have. So, it sounds like we have to rely on Sevis to get himself out. Rhian, you said that he contacted you in a dream, yes? Can you do the same to him?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:11:54 2007] : (34) Rhian: "I can in a manner of speaking."
[Sat Dec 15 22:12:10 2007] : (34) Rhian: "It takes a great deal out of me and not something I can do without a great deal of rest."
[Sat Dec 15 22:12:22 2007] : (34) Rhian: "It is also a bit dangerous."
[Sat Dec 15 22:12:55 2007] : (58) CuddlyZombie (enter): 22:12
[Sat Dec 15 22:13:01 2007] : (58) CuddlyZombie (exit): 22:13
[Sat Dec 15 22:13:20 2007] : (30) Thom: "I see. We can always hope that he tries to contact you again, since he apparently did so easily before. I just wish we had a way to talk to him."
[Sat Dec 15 22:15:00 2007] : (59) Hunter Rose (enter): 22:15
[Sat Dec 15 22:15:04 2007] : (59) Hunter Rose (exit): 22:15
[Sat Dec 15 22:15:07 2007] : (34) Rhian: "If you tell me what you want me to ask him or talk to him in advance, that might be a way."
[Sat Dec 15 22:15:42 2007] : (30) Thom: "Mainly, his timeframe on getting out. Or if in fact he does need any help."
[Sat Dec 15 22:15:45 2007] : (60) Silverlocks (enter): 22:15
[Sat Dec 15 22:16:00 2007] : (60) Silverlocks: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Dec 15 22:16:00 2007] : (60) Silverlocks (exit): 22:16
[Sat Dec 15 22:16:01 2007] : (34) Rhian: "Now then, where do you want to go? I think you mentioned something about a spirit named Caer?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:16:27 2007] : (61) Silverlocks (enter): 22:16
[Sat Dec 15 22:17:13 2007] : (30) Thom: "Caer is indeed our next planned destination. But should we really just leave Sevis here? I feel bad for the guy, since he is so completely seperated from the world he knows."
[Sat Dec 15 22:18:08 2007] : (36) Morti: "Yeah, how is he planning to get out?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:18:36 2007] : (34) Rhian: "If he can extricate himself, he will. Or die, forgotten. He didn't tell me however."
[Sat Dec 15 22:19:12 2007] : ** (36) Morti groans miserably at the though. "Wish we knew.." **
[Sat Dec 15 22:19:19 2007] : (30) Thom: "Exactly. He seems confident he can get out, but he did get himself in there in the forst place."
[Sat Dec 15 22:21:06 2007] : (61) Silverlocks (exit): 22:21
[Sat Dec 15 22:21:12 2007] : (38) Cael: "Regardless of what information we have, we need to choose a course of action, Sevis believes himself able to get himself out, for now, we have to trust him on that, so where do we go?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:22:08 2007] : (30) Thom: "If we are to trust him on that - we head for Caer"
[Sat Dec 15 22:22:08 2007] : (61) Silverlocks (enter): 22:22
[Sat Dec 15 22:22:10 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(53) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ)' from server... Removing dead client
[Sat Dec 15 22:22:11 2007] : (53) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ) (exit): 22:22
[Sat Dec 15 22:22:11 2007] : (61) Silverlocks (exit): 22:22
[Sat Dec 15 22:23:11 2007] : Server Administrator-> Kicking '(52) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ)' from server... Removing dead client
[Sat Dec 15 22:23:12 2007] : (52) animelord420 (Actually CuddlyZ) (exit): 22:23
[Sat Dec 15 22:24:15 2007] : (36) Morti: "If you say so."
[Sat Dec 15 22:24:21 2007] : (30) Thom: "It's that trust in Sevis' ability to deal with things in this world that lies at the crux of it all though. Rhian, do you believe that Sevis can get himself out, somehow?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:25:48 2007] : (34) Rhian: "There is a faint hope."
[Sat Dec 15 22:25:48 2007] : (30) Thom: "You must have gotten a good feel for him during your 'observations'."
[Sat Dec 15 22:26:04 2007] : (34) Rhian: "He is interesting in one or two respects."
[Sat Dec 15 22:26:16 2007] : (36) Morti: :face frets deeply: "H-how faint..?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:26:17 2007] : (49) Rhiado: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Dec 15 22:26:17 2007] : (49) Rhiado (exit): 22:26
[Sat Dec 15 22:26:35 2007] : (34) Rhian: "Faint enough to hope that he does not end up dead wielding powers beyond his ken."
[Sat Dec 15 22:27:30 2007] : (34) Rhian: "Your friend is a wilder. A male wilder. And if the Sisters knew, he would be dead already."
[Sat Dec 15 22:27:37 2007] : (36) Morti: "That sounds... um.... are you sure we shouldn't help him?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:28:30 2007] : (30) Thom: "It more of a question if we even could Morti."
[Sat Dec 15 22:29:02 2007] : (36) Morti: "Guess that's true." :groan: "Must be something we can do for him..."
[Sat Dec 15 22:30:09 2007] : (62) Noelle (enter): 22:30
[Sat Dec 15 22:30:16 2007] : (62) Noelle (exit): 22:30
[Sat Dec 15 22:30:36 2007] : (30) Thom: "We can follow his wishes that we don't enter the city." Thom shrugs. "Rhian claims there is a faint hope that he can free himself, but haven't we all been going along with a faint hope that we might actually be able to save the world anyway? What's one more faint hope then?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:30:37 2007] : (36) Morti: "I don't suppose the sisters would turn Sevis over to a magus on request..?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:31:16 2007] : (34) Rhian: "You would need to play the part convincingly well."
[Sat Dec 15 22:31:40 2007] : (34) Rhian: "Are you confident enough to try?" (inspects her fingernails nonchalantly)
[Sat Dec 15 22:31:44 2007] : (36) Morti: :glances to Drenla: "He can."
[Sat Dec 15 22:31:59 2007] : (34) Drenla: "That is because I am one."
[Sat Dec 15 22:32:33 2007] : (34) Rhian: "But you are not yet at the height of your power, correct? If what you told me is true."
[Sat Dec 15 22:32:36 2007] : (36) Morti: :grins and nods: "Exactly. Heck, I'm just an initiate. I don't even have a Citadel staff yet, but you are the real thing."
[Sat Dec 15 22:32:44 2007] : (38) Cael: "But what reason would a Magus have to request a prisoner of the tower?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:32:45 2007] : (34) Drenla: "No, I am not."
[Sat Dec 15 22:33:00 2007] : (36) Morti: "Heh?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:33:56 2007] : (34) Drenla: "At this point in my life, my past self had just taken the Test, Morti. In fact, I am not even here in the South."
[Sat Dec 15 22:34:28 2007] : (36) Morti: "So...? Can't you just use the name of another mage you knew at this time?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:34:38 2007] : ** (38) Cael looks at the group questioningly, but shakes it off for the time being. **
[Sat Dec 15 22:34:46 2007] : (34) Drenla: "On the other hand, I could venture to Nith'Tar Valon and arrange for your friend to be released." (strokes his chin)
[Sat Dec 15 22:35:15 2007] : (34) Drenla: "It would be a dangerous venture."
[Sat Dec 15 22:35:19 2007] : (34) Drenla: "But doable."
[Sat Dec 15 22:35:46 2007] : (38) Cael: (( afk for a minute ))
[Sat Dec 15 22:35:46 2007] : (36) Morti: "How dangerous? We're not going to have two guys in prison, are we?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:35:48 2007] : (30) Thom: "If you are confident that you could do it - that would be wonderful Drenla. Is there anything we could do to make it less dangerous for you?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:37:21 2007] : (34) Drenla: "You would have to hope that none of the Sisters are able to use the One Power and the Art simultaneously."
[Sat Dec 15 22:37:54 2007] : (34) Drenla: "And we would need to stick to our stories." (looks at you all, noticeably at Morti)
[Sat Dec 15 22:38:13 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Thom can lie effectively, but the rest of you would need to as well."
[Sat Dec 15 22:38:20 2007] : ** (30) Thom also looks at Morti. **
[Sat Dec 15 22:38:26 2007] : (36) Morti: :grins coyly: "I can just not speak."
[Sat Dec 15 22:38:32 2007] : (30) Thom: "Would you need all of us?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:38:34 2007] : ** (34) Drenla shrugs. **
[Sat Dec 15 22:38:39 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I have no intentions of entering the tower as I stated before.
[Sat Dec 15 22:39:04 2007] : (34) Drenla: "No, of course not."
[Sat Dec 15 22:39:21 2007] : (30) Thom: "We know Daelan. If you are only going to say the same thing over an over - why not go forage?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:39:33 2007] : (34) Rhian: "There is also the matter of how you choose to approach the city."
[Sat Dec 15 22:40:11 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Though if I were to enter the tower,it would cause some stir,perhaps enough to allow the rest of you to enter uninhibited.''
[Sat Dec 15 22:41:05 2007] : (30) Thom: "Well, if we are indeed going to enter the city - the boat would be best to avoid the gate towns. However, we would have to split up before boarding, since I doubt there would be any place to let the others off before the city."
[Sat Dec 15 22:41:12 2007] : (38) Acsidol (enter): 22:41
[Sat Dec 15 22:41:17 2007] : (38) Acsidol (exit): 22:41
[Sat Dec 15 22:41:22 2007] : (36) Morti: "Wouldn't that just be trading Sevis in trouble for you in trouble.... that is if we manage to get Sevis out, and not just get captured as well
[Sat Dec 15 22:43:39 2007] : (30) Thom: "Still - we can let Daelan and Cael stay outside with Rhian. If Morti can keep silent enough, he, myself, and Drenla can take the boat into the city. ((I know we are splitting the group - sorry Stash))
[Sat Dec 15 22:45:33 2007] : (36) Morti: "Oh say.. if you guys aren't entering the city do you think you could check one or two of those spots from the map we found in the catacombs? Maybe you could figure out what they were marking. If there are more brigands waiting around those places, someone should be informed."
[Sat Dec 15 22:45:38 2007] : (63) Silverlocks (enter): 22:45
[Sat Dec 15 22:46:11 2007] : (34) Rhian: "And once you rescue Sevis, where do you want to meet?"
[Sat Dec 15 22:46:23 2007] : (30) Thom: Ruiari?
[Sat Dec 15 22:47:13 2007] : (30) Thom: "We left some friends there, and we all know where it is."
[Sat Dec 15 22:48:20 2007] : (34) Rhian: "Then it's settled. We should leave at first light. The trip will take less than a day, at most."
[Sat Dec 15 22:48:34 2007] : (38) Cael: "Very well."
[Sat Dec 15 22:48:39 2007] : (34) Drenla: "In the meantime, I can identify your baubles."
[Sat Dec 15 22:49:05 2007] : (30) Thom: "Ok, sounds like Morti gets his boat ride after all."
[Sat Dec 15 22:49:09 2007] : (64) Ezalor (enter): 22:49
[Sat Dec 15 22:49:36 2007] : (36) Morti: :grins:
[Sat Dec 15 22:49:39 2007] : (30) Thom: (( oh - and Atross can stay with Rhian and the elves - he's not here so I forgot to include him. ))
[Sat Dec 15 22:50:30 2007] : (64) Ezalor (exit): 22:50
[Sat Dec 15 22:50:49 2007] : (30) Thom: "That would be most appreciative Drenla."
[Sat Dec 15 22:51:17 2007] : (64) Ezalor (enter): 22:51
[Sat Dec 15 22:51:19 2007] : (64) Ezalor: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Dec 15 22:51:19 2007] : (64) Ezalor (exit): 22:51
[Sat Dec 15 22:52:45 2007] : (34) DM: (I have to check a few things. brb.)
[Sat Dec 15 22:53:47 2007] : (30) Thom: (( My list I gave him carries over back to Prism keep, where the alternates started out... ))
[Sat Dec 15 22:54:29 2007] : (65) Malloy (enter): 22:54
[Sat Dec 15 22:54:31 2007] : (63) Silverlocks: Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Dec 15 22:54:31 2007] : (63) Silverlocks (exit): 22:54
[Sat Dec 15 22:55:41 2007] : (36) Morti: (afk)
[Sat Dec 15 22:58:11 2007] : (65) Malloy (exit): 22:58
[Sat Dec 15 23:03:55 2007] : (66) Ambrose (enter): 23:03
[Sat Dec 15 23:04:36 2007] : (67) Paradox Inversion: PI (enter): 23:04
[Sat Dec 15 23:04:51 2007] : (67) Paradox Inversion: PI: >>
[Sat Dec 15 23:04:56 2007] : (67) Paradox Inversion: PI: Did everyone die?
[Sat Dec 15 23:05:01 2007] : (30) Thom: "So, Cael and Daelan - you two can work with Atross and Rhian to figure out which markers to check for any other signs of the Tempest's men. Morti, Drenla and I will figure out our story."
[Sat Dec 15 23:05:57 2007] : (38) Cael: "All right, just make sure to get in and out of the city quickly and safely, the longer you are in there, the more likely you will be discovered."
[Sat Dec 15 23:06:30 2007] : (30) Thom: "Absolutely. Either we will be able to retrieve Sevis quickly, or we won't be able to do so."
[Sat Dec 15 23:08:27 2007] : ** (36) Morti nods briskly. "But... does that mean we still have to cross the haunted bridge?" **
[Sat Dec 15 23:08:41 2007] : (30) Thom: "If we take the boat - yes."
[Sat Dec 15 23:08:45 2007] : (68) Kyanna (enter): 23:08
[Sat Dec 15 23:09:04 2007] : (68) Kyanna (exit): 23:09
[Sat Dec 15 23:09:04 2007] : (33) Daelan: " We shall wait to hear what the outcome has been,and figure out if there are any more of the Tempest's men still around.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:10:00 2007] : (67) Paradox Inversion: PI (exit): 23:10
[Sat Dec 15 23:10:20 2007] : (30) Thom: "And Daelan - give them the option to surrender first. Don't just start randomly killing. If you are attacked, defend yourselves - but no more of this shoot first and not be able to ask questions later."
[Sat Dec 15 23:10:56 2007] : (38) Cael: "Don't worry, I have no intention of letting him kill without cause."
[Sat Dec 15 23:11:28 2007] : (30) Thom: "Good luck with that."
[Sat Dec 15 23:12:16 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sat Dec 15 23:12:17 2007] : Game disconnected!
[Sat Dec 15 23:12:52 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I have never ramdonly killed anyone,either they were meant to be killed or I was defending myself.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:13:25 2007] : (30) Thom: "And you get to decide who is meant to be killed?"
[Sat Dec 15 23:14:10 2007] : (33) Daelan: " No,thier actions decide the outcome Thom.
[Sat Dec 15 23:14:23 2007] : (38) Cael: "While I may not know of all your past transgressions, from what I've witnessed in my time with you, your judgement seems to usually be flawed."
[Sat Dec 15 23:15:18 2007] : (30) Thom: "But you decide what actions allow you to kill without thought, right? After all - the only actions the girl in Ruairi had done was spying, and you decided that warrented her death."
[Sat Dec 15 23:15:49 2007] : (33) Daelan: " And yet to date,those that have fallen to my bow,all have deserved to die,none of you can disclaim that fact.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:16:27 2007] : (36) Morti: "Welll... considering we don't know what forces may be at those spots, if any, and you'd likely be outnumbered, it might be better if you just investigate and notify nearby guards to set up forces to deal with it. You know.. like proper citizens.."
[Sat Dec 15 23:16:39 2007] : (33) Daelan: " She was a spy,all who spy know the outcome if they are discovered.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:16:45 2007] : (30) Thom: "Maybe you have gotten lucky. It's not that you have killed someone that didn't deserve it - it's that you might do so in the future."
[Sat Dec 15 23:16:54 2007] : (30) Thom: "Then shoot me now."
[Sat Dec 15 23:16:57 2007] : (38) Cael: "Yes, typically capture to figure out what they knew and what they reported back.
[Sat Dec 15 23:16:58 2007] : (38) Cael: "
[Sat Dec 15 23:17:12 2007] : (30) Thom: "I have spied. I spied on the crone before we struck her down."
[Sat Dec 15 23:17:30 2007] : (30) Thom: "Thus, according to you, I deserve death at the end of your bow as well."
[Sat Dec 15 23:17:54 2007] : (38) Cael: "I had Rin'Garoth observing the farm while we were underground, would that not constitute as spying also? He was acting under my orders, so I suppose you should kill me also."
[Sat Dec 15 23:18:03 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Not by my bow,but from thiers,mine is used to strike down evil,you serve good.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:18:28 2007] : (30) Thom: "And how do you know who is evil?"
[Sat Dec 15 23:18:46 2007] : (38) Cael: "There are those that act under evil intentions for fear of what may be done to them. Things worse than death, should we not give people that chance to repent for past actions?"
[Sat Dec 15 23:18:56 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Those who conspire against us.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:20:08 2007] : (30) Thom: "But simply by spying, there was no rational way to reach the decision that she must be evil. And it doesn't matter that you were right in the end, all you have to do is be wrong once."
[Sat Dec 15 23:21:49 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I will worry about that when and if the time comes Thom,until then,I trust my own judgement,and I should not be questioned by those whose lives my bow has saved in the past and I am sure it will do the same in the future.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:22:48 2007] : (30) Thom: "Don't give me that. You'r life has been saved by us as well - so as far as life debts are concerned, we are even."
[Sat Dec 15 23:23:17 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Yet I do not question your motives when they arise now do I ?"
[Sat Dec 15 23:24:03 2007] : (38) Cael: "From what I have seen, you are the only one in this group that feels no remorse for lives ended, Thom wishes to refrain from killing when possible, you seem to embrace it as the only option!"
[Sat Dec 15 23:24:04 2007] : (30) Thom: "When have you had need to do so?"
[Sat Dec 15 23:24:45 2007] : ** (36) Morti hangs his head, listening on for a while, to the harsh arguement, before breaking in, "Are we bedding down here tonight? Or are we hading someplace else?" **
[Sat Dec 15 23:25:40 2007] : (30) Thom: "Here works, as Drenla likely needs to stay in one place to look over the items."
[Sat Dec 15 23:26:12 2007] : (38) Cael: (( Just to be sure, where are we exactly? Still in Ruairi, or somewhere else? ))
[Sat Dec 15 23:26:16 2007] : (33) Daelan: " There have been times when you should have ended the life of some evil person,yet you let them live so they can answer some questions,then you release them,so that you can face them later on in life,when you have an enemy down you do not let them stand,you finish them off.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:27:15 2007] : (30) Thom: "Ahh, so you do not believe in second chances? For such a supposedly wise individual, that is rather stupid."
[Sat Dec 15 23:27:31 2007] : (34) DM: ((I think in Ruairi since you haven't left yet))
[Sat Dec 15 23:27:46 2007] : (38) Cael: (( I thought so, but wanted to be sure. ))
[Sat Dec 15 23:28:57 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I do not embrace the fact that I must kill Cael,though from you a Calen like myself,I find it troubling that you would feel so much compassion for these Edain we have faced,I kill to rid the world of evil nothing more than that,would you wish me to pull my arrows when facing a horde of Glamhath? No,you would want me to kill as many as I could.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:29:05 2007] : ** (36) Morti sighs and stands, heading for bed, "Good night then." **
[Sat Dec 15 23:30:06 2007] : (33) Daelan: " Make no mistake Thom,those who serve the Vile Evil one will show no mercy when facing you in battle.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:30:14 2007] : (30) Thom: "G'night Morti."
[Sat Dec 15 23:30:26 2007] : (30) Thom: "And how do you explain Ados?"
[Sat Dec 15 23:31:37 2007] : (33) Daelan: " He was a coward,he should have done as the others did,but he chose to live as a coward,forever branded by those who know him,better to have died in battle.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:31:44 2007] : (30) Thom: "And why must everyone be serving the Dark Lord? I agree that anyone that truely serves him will fight to the death, but you seem to assume that every human you meet serves him."
[Sat Dec 15 23:32:11 2007] : (38) Cael: "Glamhoth are evil by nature, they have proven that time and time again, they have no remorse for what they do. I have observed in these Edain that they do feel remorse, and often times willingness to repent for their evils. Only those unwilling to repent should be killed mercilessly."
[Sat Dec 15 23:32:35 2007] : (33) Daelan: " With the few exceptions that I have met on my travels,most Edain do serve him in one form or another.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:33:05 2007] : (30) Thom: And unless you can see into the soul of everyone to know if they are unwilling or not, you WILL eventually kill innocents.
[Sat Dec 15 23:33:31 2007] : (30) Thom: "I don't believe that Daelan. You want to see that aspect, so you do."
[Sat Dec 15 23:36:15 2007] : (33) Daelan: " I have seen much in the 5 generations of your race Thom,most of what I have seen has been some sort of evil being done,so generations of seeing evil has made me see evil in most Edain.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:36:35 2007] : (38) Cael: "You often find that what you looking for, and miss that which you don't."
[Sat Dec 15 23:37:09 2007] : (38) Cael: "If you look for evil within someone, you will often find it, ignoring all else."
[Sat Dec 15 23:38:03 2007] : (30) Thom: "Bull. Until you met us, you were squirreled away in your little forest. You never visited a human town, or talked to any. What you "saw" was the results of the leaders of human cities and countries. But they are a very small part of the human race, and their attitudes are far from those of the common person."
[Sat Dec 15 23:41:14 2007] : (33) Daelan: " This conversation is pointless Thom,you think you are right in your beliefs,where I know I am right in mine.''
[Sat Dec 15 23:42:17 2007] : ** (30) Thom laughs in Daelan's face. "Yes, it is pointless. I just hope I am around when you do kill an innocent and realize how wrong you have been." **
[Sat Dec 15 23:42:36 2007] : ** (30) Thom turns and heads off as well, checking on Drenla. **
[Sat Dec 15 23:43:50 2007] : ** (38) Cael shakes his head at Daelan, "I believe I'll go for a walk." he says standing and leaving the building. **
[Sat Dec 15 23:44:07 2007] : ** (33) Daelan looks at Thom as he walks away," That was a rather strange statement,he wishes to be around if and when I kill an innocent.'' **
[Sat Dec 15 23:44:55 2007] : ** (34) Drenla sits in rapt concentration, beads of sweat forming on his forehead but he doesn't notice. **
[Sat Dec 15 23:45:02 2007] : (30) Thom: (( Yell at Daelan round 45 finished... ))
[Sat Dec 15 23:45:55 2007] : ** (30) Thom sits next to Drenla, not disturbing him. He draws out his father's rapier and just stares at it, lost in his own thoughts for a while. **
[Sat Dec 15 23:51:35 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Very interesting."
[Sat Dec 15 23:52:06 2007] : (30) Helisandra: "Huh? Oh, find something?"
[Sat Dec 15 23:52:12 2007] : (30) Thom: "Huh? Oh, find something?"
[Sat Dec 15 23:52:47 2007] : (34) Drenla: "When worn, the brass ring with elk antlers allows its wearer to communicate with beasts of the wild and of the field."
[Sat Dec 15 23:53:06 2007] : ** (36) Morti rests in meditation for a while before bed, a simple cantrip hovering a dagger about his body as an external focus. **
[Sat Dec 15 23:53:18 2007] : (30) Thom: "Hmm, that is interesting."
[Sat Dec 15 23:53:25 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Both of the longtooth daggers bear a slight enchantment that allows its wielder to attack with greater precision."
[Sat Dec 15 23:51:55 2007] : (30) Thom: "Always handy."
[Sat Dec 15 23:51:58 2007] : (34) Drenla: "The ring from Prism Keep enables its wearer to cast the spell 'light' on command."
[Sat Dec 15 23:53:32 2007] : (30) Thom: "Another source of light, nice."
[Sat Dec 15 23:56:04 2007] : (30) Thom: (( I take it those were the only magical items then? ))
[Sat Dec 15 23:56:26 2007] : (30) Thom: (( or are you looking things up still? ))
[Sat Dec 15 23:58:04 2007] : (34) DM: (yes)
[Sat Dec 15 23:59:18 2007] : (30) Thom: (( k ))

[Sun Dec 16 00:05:07 2007] : (34) Drenla: "The rings from the dwarves in the Focus. One ring, when worn, grants its wearer the capacity to withstand the effects of poisons and other substances that cause a victim to be charmed. The other is a ring that grants its wearer the ability to cast a spell known as 'spelltrap' once a day. This ring is a charged item and casting the spell consumes one charge. There is a rather low number of charges in the ring. At the wearer's option, he or she may destroy the ring and negate the next three spells cast on his or her person."
[Sun Dec 16 00:09:53 2007] : (34) Drenla: As to the spell 'spelltrap'. When cast, a sphere of silver energy appears atop the caster's head. The sphere is stationary and does not move. All incoming spells that target him or her are absorbed by the sphere up to a certain limit. Once the limit is reached, the caster must find a way to escape the immediate area, for the sphere will explode and deal a significant amount of damage to all parties in the immediate area of effect."
[Sun Dec 16 00:10:57 2007] : (34) Drenla: "As to the amulet, it grants its wearer some kind of protection against creatures known as stirges."
[Sun Dec 16 00:11:50 2007] : (34) Drenla: "As to the shield, it grants its user protection against fire of all forms, up to and including that of the breath of a crimson drake."
[Sun Dec 16 00:12:29 2007] : (30) Thom: "Very nice..."
[Sun Dec 16 00:12:49 2007] : (34) Drenla: "The jewelled dagger possesses a moderate enchantment that enables its user to attack with greater precision and damage."
[Sun Dec 16 00:15:12 2007] : (34) Drenla: "The buckler contains a slight enchantment that grants its user a minimum amount of protection. However, it also wards its user against the spell 'lightning bolt' such that there is a certain chance he or she will escape the spell's effects as if he or she were a rogue."
[Sun Dec 16 00:16:48 2007] : (30) Thom: "There are benefits."
[Sun Dec 16 00:17:20 2007] : (34) DM: ((OOC: if a Reflex save is made, the PC has a choice of rolling d100; 1% chance per level as if he or she had evasion. If the character is a rogue or has evasion, the ability is null.))
[Sun Dec 16 00:19:01 2007] : (34) Drenla: "The necklace of teeth is not magical. Neither is the orcish ring."
[Sun Dec 16 00:20:57 2007] : (34) DM: (ok, what next?)
[Sun Dec 16 00:23:01 2007] : (34) DM: poke poke
[Sun Dec 16 00:23:16 2007] : (38) Cael: (( Well... that's a good question. ))
[Sun Dec 16 00:23:59 2007] : (36) Morti: (FF?)
[Sun Dec 16 00:24:09 2007] : (38) Cael: (( That's what I was thinking. ))
[Sun Dec 16 00:26:29 2007] : (34) DM: (so only Drenla, Morti and who else?
[Sun Dec 16 00:27:30 2007] : (38) Cael: (( I think the two groups were Morti, Drenla and Thom, then Cael, Daelan, and Rhian (and Atross). ))
[Sun Dec 16 00:28:13 2007] : (34) DM: (hm, ok)
[Sun Dec 16 00:32:27 2007] : (34) DM: You leave at first light to the Bridge. According to Rhian's instructions, the boat landing is on the other side of the Bridge, on the opposite bank.
[Sun Dec 16 00:36:26 2007] : ** (36) Morti follows along to the bridge, muttering prayers for protection from ghosts to numerous deities as they go. **
[Sun Dec 16 00:38:06 2007] : (34) DM: The approach to the bridge passes by a small hill, along which can be seen a well. The well is constructed of marble and contains a winch and a bucket.
[Sun Dec 16 00:38:22 2007] : (34) DM: A shrine to Tevesh is located next to the well.
[Sun Dec 16 00:38:52 2007] : (34) DM: Debris lies scattered around the shrine.
[Sun Dec 16 00:39:26 2007] : (36) Morti: "Ah" :approaches the well, for a more appropriate prayer, idly noting the debris, wondering what it is from.:
[Sun Dec 16 00:40:22 2007] : (34) DM: It seems to be a number of different objects. Some distance to the east of the well is a corpse impaled on a sword.
[Sun Dec 16 00:42:34 2007] : ** (36) Morti gasps at the sight, prayers forgotten, as he rushes to the of the victim, to see if any bit of life remains, as he calls to the others, "Over here!" **
[Sun Dec 16 00:45:29 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac) (enter): 00:45
[Sun Dec 16 00:47:12 2007] : (30) Zane (Mac) (exit): 00:47
[Sun Dec 16 00:47:12 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (39) Zane (Mac)...
[Sun Dec 16 00:47:37 2007] : (34) DM: It's a human skeleton, face down and partially hidden by grass and wildflowers.
[Sun Dec 16 00:47:56 2007] : (34) DM: The person appears to have impaled himself on a rusty sword.
[Sun Dec 16 00:48:13 2007] : (34) DM: By the looks of things, whomever it is has been dead quite a while.
[Sun Dec 16 00:48:37 2007] : ** (36) Morti cringes at the skeletal remains, wondering aloud, "No one has buried him after this long?" **
[Sun Dec 16 00:48:42 2007] : (34) DM: Around the decayed corpse are several coins and gems, as well as the occasional rusted weapon.
[Sun Dec 16 00:52:12 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Apparently not."
[Sun Dec 16 00:52:43 2007] : (34) Drenla: "He's been dead for a few months it seems like."
[Sun Dec 16 00:54:04 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Dec 16 00:54:04 2007] : (36) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): not sure, is the whole group travelling across the bridge? or have the groups already split?
[Sun Dec 16 00:55:24 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): "Shall we do the honors then?"
[Sun Dec 16 00:55:29 2007] : (39) Thom: "Shall we do the honors then?"
[Sun Dec 16 00:56:17 2007] : ** (36) Morti nods, as he looks over the body, for an identifying symbols or markings on him or the sword. "Has it really been so long since anyone has come by?" **
[Sun Dec 16 00:56:36 2007] : ** (39) Thom lays the corpse down as gently as possible, leaving the sword where it lies and letting the corpse rest on it's side. **
[Sun Dec 16 00:56:52 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they've split
[Sun Dec 16 00:57:00 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and I'm not running two split groups tonight
[Sun Dec 16 00:57:14 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the other two will be taking a back seat since the third PC isn't here
[Sun Dec 16 00:57:46 2007] : (34) Drenla: "More likely they haven't really bothered or didn't want to get involved."
[Sun Dec 16 00:57:55 2007] : (36) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): ah.. thought they'd wait till we reached the boats. Ok, nvm
[Sun Dec 16 00:57:55 2007] : (34) Drenla: "I'm speculating though."
[Sun Dec 16 00:58:21 2007] : ** (39) Thom begins to cover the corpse with whatever stones he can find. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:01:05 2007] : ** (36) Morti sets about helping lay the bone's to rest. "It is a terrible thing. In front of a shrine and all. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:01:34 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Dec 16 01:01:34 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): Is there anyway you can send me the identifications of those items again, when Open froze, I lost the log. Otherwise, I can wait until you post this log on the site, but I know how long that takes you sometimes. :-P
[Sun Dec 16 01:02:36 2007] : (39) Thom: "It makes you wonder what could have caused this individual to impale himself. Being near the shrine, guilt maybe?"
[Sun Dec 16 01:03:15 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you already have the log
[Sun Dec 16 01:03:34 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): Huh?
[Sun Dec 16 01:03:50 2007] : (36) Morti: "I dunno. Do you really think he did it to himself?" :looks over the body for a sword sheathe, matching the blade through it's belly, or one of the rusty weapons on the ground.
[Sun Dec 16 01:04:04 2007] : (39) Thom: "Appears that way."
[Sun Dec 16 01:04:08 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): look under OpenRPG+/myfiles/Logs
[Sun Dec 16 01:04:27 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): use Windows Explorer
[Sun Dec 16 01:04:41 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): No I don't - since I am at my parents, I didn't have the auto log function set up on this computer.
[Sun Dec 16 01:05:02 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well don't worry about it, I'll e-mail it to the group later
[Sun Dec 16 01:05:03 2007] : ** (36) Morti cringes. "Why go and do something like that? It's just horrible." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:05:18 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): I have it now, but I didn't earlier. I checked for it. :-) Ok, sweet.
[Sun Dec 16 01:05:51 2007] : (39) Thom: "As are many things that we have seen in our travels."
[Sun Dec 16 01:06:43 2007] : (36) Morti: "But what could he have felt that guilty over?"
[Sun Dec 16 01:07:28 2007] : ** (36) Morti gets out a handkerchief, and begins collecting the gems and coins in it, tying the corners like a small bag to place them on the shrine as an offering. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:08:16 2007] : (39) Thom: "I don't know, and if that's how it happened - I doubt I really want to know."
[Sun Dec 16 01:10:10 2007] : (34) DM: (how much time do you spend gathering up the debris?)
[Sun Dec 16 01:10:43 2007] : (36) Morti: (long as it takes.. or until Thom says to quit playing in the dirt)
[Sun Dec 16 01:11:45 2007] : (39) Thom: (( basically until the corpse is covered. Can't do the job only halfway - but it doesn't have to look pretty, just do the job. ))
[Sun Dec 16 01:12:19 2007] : (34) DM: (ok, then I'll send the contents in a node)
[Sun Dec 16 01:14:18 2007] : (36) Morti: (ok, but Morti is planning to just place most of it on the shrine, thinking if the man was guilty, perhaps it was from robbing the shrine. If there are any easily repaired objects, I'll offer some Mending spells to the cause as well.)
[Sun Dec 16 01:16:01 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's writing on the shrine
[Sun Dec 16 01:16:25 2007] : (36) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): "Benny wuz here" ?
[Sun Dec 16 01:16:34 2007] : (39) Thom: (( the money - sure... the other items - hmmm... ))
[Sun Dec 16 01:16:55 2007] : (36) Morti: (also cast a detect magic, out of habitual curiousity)
[Sun Dec 16 01:17:26 2007] : (39) Thom: (( good idea - anything magical we might want to put to better use after all. ))
[Sun Dec 16 01:18:44 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the ruby serpent and the three coral items
[Sun Dec 16 01:18:57 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): even if not magical - Thom would collect the ruby serpent, the rubies and opal - to pay for them cleaning up in front of the shrine. :-)
[Sun Dec 16 01:19:09 2007] : (36) Morti: (whispering): if the writing isn't in common, I'll use comprehend language to read it.
[Sun Dec 16 01:19:39 2007] : (36) Morti: (whispering): ok, 4 spellcraft rolls for their school and strenght
[Sun Dec 16 01:19:49 2007] : (36) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [13,18] = (31)
[Sun Dec 16 01:19:49 2007] : (36) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [14,18] = (32)
[Sun Dec 16 01:19:50 2007] : (36) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [20,18] = (38)
[Sun Dec 16 01:19:52 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): alteration x4
[Sun Dec 16 01:19:53 2007] : (36) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [5,18] = (23)
[Sun Dec 16 01:20:06 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): slight, moderate, moderate, slight
[Sun Dec 16 01:20:13 2007] : ** (39) Thom notes all the interesting items they come across, and gathers up a few items as he finds them. With a glance at Morti, he explains - "To pay for our services in cleaning the area." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:21:43 2007] : ** (36) Morti gives Thom a harsh glance, "Don't steal from a shrine." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:22:54 2007] : (39) Thom: "I'm not - I'm collecting from the ground. And only a few items, the majority of it will be turned over. But those scrolls that you keep wanting to buy have to be paid for somehow."
[Sun Dec 16 01:23:01 2007] : (36) Morti: :points to the shrine, explaining: "The writing says not to."
[Sun Dec 16 01:23:45 2007] : ** (39) Thom looks to try to read the writing on the wall, so to speak. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:25:49 2007] : ** (36) Morti starts tossing the rusty items and coins back down the well, while Thom reads. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:27:41 2007] : (39) Thom: "So I see. At least they make it kinda cheery I guess."
[Sun Dec 16 01:28:32 2007] : ** (39) Thom drops the gems back down into the well. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:28:44 2007] : ** (36) Morti is literally enough to throw everything into the well over his shoulder, value and magical potential ignored. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:29:29 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll d100
[Sun Dec 16 01:29:33 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll d100
[Sun Dec 16 01:29:46 2007] : (36) Morti: :then, drawing on of his own few crowns from his pocket, he tosses it over his shoulder to join the rest, as his own offering, before turning to the shrine to offers his final prayer before they depart. "See, don't you feel better now Thom?"
[Sun Dec 16 01:29:52 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): [1d100] => [39] = (39)
[Sun Dec 16 01:29:52 2007] : (36) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): [1d100] => [100] = (100)
[Sun Dec 16 01:30:06 2007] : (36) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): Is that really good, or really bad?
[Sun Dec 16 01:30:10 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): holy crap
[Sun Dec 16 01:30:20 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Dec 16 01:30:20 2007] : (38) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): I guess that'd depend on the circumstance
[Sun Dec 16 01:30:41 2007] : (36) Lunauc: (whispering): (GW): throwing away that treasure was the hardest thing I've had to do in a while for the sake of staying in character
[Sun Dec 16 01:31:21 2007] : (34) Voice: "A gift given freely deserves its own reward. State your heart's desire and it shall be done."
[Sun Dec 16 01:31:33 2007] : ** (39) Thom looks at the last item he had gathered, a carved ruby figurine. He holds it over the well mouth and turns his face away as he drops it back into the depths. "Not really, but Idon't feel worse either." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:31:50 2007] : (36) Morti: "Hmmm..." :looks up and back to thom, did you say something?"
[Sun Dec 16 01:31:54 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Movement rate is permanently increased by 5.
[Sun Dec 16 01:32:03 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): Sweet!
[Sun Dec 16 01:32:21 2007] : (39) Thom: "Uh, not that part about heart's desire."
[Sun Dec 16 01:33:05 2007] : (39) Thom: "It must be because you gave everything back freely. Sounds like a true wishing well."
[Sun Dec 16 01:33:30 2007] : (36) Morti: :blinks and shrugs, offering his prayer, with the usual bits, for their safe travel, and hopes to be smarter to further himself as a mage.:
[Sun Dec 16 01:33:47 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): Although I still would have rather had the gems and magic items I think... :-)
[Sun Dec 16 01:34:08 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you need to say something.
[Sun Dec 16 01:34:20 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Dec 16 01:34:23 2007] : (36) Morti: "Hehe.." :figuring Thom is just joking with him, offers semi-seriously: "I wish I was smarter."
[Sun Dec 16 01:34:31 2007] : ** (39) Thom looks at Morti and with a smile just shakes his head. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:34:40 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d4] => [2] = (2)
[Sun Dec 16 01:34:52 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): +2 to Int permanently
[Sun Dec 16 01:35:20 2007] : (36) Morti: (whispering): WOOHOO! Good deeds do pay off!
[Sun Dec 16 01:36:57 2007] : (36) Morti: "And may this poor soul find rest. Guide him safely on his passage as we seek safe passage of our own. Thank the goddess."
[Sun Dec 16 01:37:21 2007] : ** (36) Morti turns to Thom, a bright smile on his scarfed face, "So.. shall we go?" **
[Sun Dec 16 01:37:29 2007] : (39) Thom: "Or, a wizard's idea of a joke. Probably wouldn't be to hard to have it say some message every so often.
[Sun Dec 16 01:37:41 2007] : (39) Thom: "Yes, let's."
[Sun Dec 16 01:38:44 2007] : ** (36) Morti shrugs, not entirely aware of what has just transpired, but feeling a bit more.. compotent." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:39:08 2007] : ** (34) Drenla shrugs and continues on. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:39:21 2007] : ** (39) Thom regathers his items and moves off from the shrine and well, a little extra something in his step as he does so. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:41:21 2007] : ** (39) Thom looks for the way to the boat. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:41:51 2007] : ** (36) Morti tries to keep up with Thom, suddenly being reminded how much shorter his legs are, as they head for the bridge. "H-hey.. wait up." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:42:24 2007] : ** (39) Thom slows a little. "You tired out from all that excitement?" **
[Sun Dec 16 01:43:01 2007] : (36) Morti: :groans unsurely: "I guess so..."
[Sun Dec 16 01:43:17 2007] : (36) Morti: (FF?)
[Sun Dec 16 01:43:24 2007] : (39) Thom: (( sure ))
[Sun Dec 16 01:43:50 2007] : (39) Thom: "Well, there is likely more to come Morti - a boat ride awaits you."
[Sun Dec 16 01:44:17 2007] : (36) Morti: "Hehehe.. should be fun."
[Sun Dec 16 01:46:48 2007] : (34) DM: At the landing, a ferry eventually comes after a while.
[Sun Dec 16 01:47:06 2007] : (39) Thom: "So Drenla," Thom asks as they head out again, "What's the planned story for us?"
[Sun Dec 16 01:48:28 2007] : (34) Drenla: "You're both my apprentices. Morti, you're Marlinus. Thom, you're Barcus. Let me do all the talking and speak only when you're spoken to."
[Sun Dec 16 01:48:43 2007] : ** (39) Thom looks down at Morti, "You do know that we could have easily paid for this ride with just a couple of those coins, not to mention what the gem could have gotten us." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:48:49 2007] : (36) Morti: "Eh..?" :glances up at Thom's question. apparently he had forgotten.:
[Sun Dec 16 01:49:02 2007] : (34) Drenla: "And don't touch anything."
[Sun Dec 16 01:49:19 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Once we're in the city that is."
[Sun Dec 16 01:49:49 2007] : (39) Thom: "Works for me. I was thinking that we might also have Mo..Marlinus under a punishment, where he was not allowed to talk to anyone, for some small offense."
[Sun Dec 16 01:49:52 2007] : (36) Morti: :to Thom: "It didn't belong to us." :then to Drenla: "Understood.. Master."
[Sun Dec 16 01:50:17 2007] : (36) Morti: "Eh..?" :quirks a brow at Thom's suggestion:
[Sun Dec 16 01:50:51 2007] : (39) Thom: "Just to help out Morti, you know how your mouth gets when you are excited."
[Sun Dec 16 01:51:19 2007] : (36) Morti: "But what if I slip up and speak?"
[Sun Dec 16 01:51:23 2007] : ** (39) Thom smiles at Morti, showing that he means no hard feelings. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:52:03 2007] : (39) Thom: "What would the normal punishment be for you when you were training in the arts? Imagine that will happen."
[Sun Dec 16 01:52:23 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Well, you'll just have to refrain from doing that."
[Sun Dec 16 01:53:25 2007] : ** (36) Morti stares blankly back at Thom. "I can't think of anything." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:54:34 2007] : (39) Thom: "Well then, just try your best. I'm sure that we have a forgiving Master, but I would not wager on just how forgiving others might be in the city."
[Sun Dec 16 01:55:37 2007] : ** (36) Morti nods firmly and turns toward the ship. "By the way.. can you pay my fair, I'm almost broke." **
[Sun Dec 16 01:56:36 2007] : ** (39) Thom quickly slides some of the party currency that he carries into Drenla's pocket. **
[Sun Dec 16 01:57:23 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): Just in case he didn't have any. Wouldn't do for the apprentice to pay for things, now would it. I'd say at least 10 gold, but it coud be more if needed.
[Sun Dec 16 01:58:26 2007] : (39) Thom: "I'm sure our Master can cover the expense, since he wishes us to travel with him to see the wonderous city of the Aes Sedai."
[Sun Dec 16 01:58:47 2007] : (34) DM: (I guess what I want to find out is if the whole purpose is to get Sevis out, right? and for you to find a little bit of info about Ringrist)
[Sun Dec 16 01:58:49 2007] : (36) Morti: "Ah.. Thanks, Master."
[Sun Dec 16 01:58:57 2007] : (34) DM: (because if so, we can take care of that offstage)
[Sun Dec 16 01:59:07 2007] : (36) Morti: (something like that)
[Sun Dec 16 01:59:29 2007] : (34) DM: (if Drenla is going to be doing all the talking for most of it, that makes for a little limited experience)
[Sun Dec 16 01:59:42 2007] : (39) Thom: (( main purpose - get Sevis free. Secondary purpose - info on Ringrist. Additional secondary purpose - whatever Morti wanted to do in Nith'Tar Valon. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:00:30 2007] : (39) Thom: (( off stage works for me. And that way we don't have to worry about Morti slipping up and landing us all in jail :-P ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:00:53 2007] : (34) DM: ((ok, so why don't we do that))
[Sun Dec 16 02:01:02 2007] : (36) Morti: (Doubt Morti can get the aid he was hoping for their... unless Drenla knows Magic mouth, or something similar to send a message to the future ^_^))
[Sun Dec 16 02:01:08 2007] : (34) DM: ((and next session will be focused on Daelan, Cael and Atross))
[Sun Dec 16 02:01:08 2007] : (39) Thom: (( or Thom - although it would be more rare. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:01:17 2007] : (34) DM: ((and by then DJ should be back))
[Sun Dec 16 02:01:33 2007] : (39) Thom: and that will be the first weekend of Jan?
[Sun Dec 16 02:01:35 2007] : (36) Morti: (okey)
[Sun Dec 16 02:01:42 2007] : (34) DM: ((and we'll be alternating months per Zane's suggestion, so one month on Damrosil and one month on Mel Nethra))
[Sun Dec 16 02:01:47 2007] : (34) DM: ((correct))
[Sun Dec 16 02:02:12 2007] : (39) Thom: (( cool. Let's us stay in char a little more. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:02:15 2007] : (38) Cael: (( Sounds good to me. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:02:39 2007] : (34) DM: ((well what will happen is that Drenla gets Sevis released to him. we can have you discover what info about Ringrist you want. I still need to think about what I want to release.))
[Sun Dec 16 02:02:44 2007] : (39) Thom: (( so Jan will be Damrosil, Feb Mel'Neth, etc? Just wanting to make sure. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:02:51 2007] : (34) DM: ((correct))
[Sun Dec 16 02:03:09 2007] : (34) DM: ((what did M want to do in NTV?))
[Sun Dec 16 02:03:29 2007] : (39) Thom: (( come on - release it all... Oh, and since I missed out when the group split apart. Thom left Ringrist with Atross. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:04:01 2007] : (38) Cael: (( Sweet, gives me a bit more time to figure out Jaron's persona a bit and probably flesh out his backstory, along with figuring out how to introduce him. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:04:07 2007] : (36) Morti: basically a letter to the future, for his sister(presumably) there in the 30 years seeking to become an aes sedai.
[Sun Dec 16 02:05:39 2007] : (36) Morti: (was thinking if I can't get any sisters to help, perhaps I could figure another way to leave her a message. Just not sure how yet. ^_^ If not, hopefully by the time we get back to the present, Morti will know how to teleport long distance)
[Sun Dec 16 02:08:05 2007] : (34) Captain: "So, where do you want to go?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:08:22 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Three for passage to the City of the Tower. How much?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:08:46 2007] : (34) DM: The captain looks at you and sizes up Drenla with a glint in his eye.
[Sun Dec 16 02:09:03 2007] : (34) Captain: "Three golden marks per person."
[Sun Dec 16 02:09:17 2007] : (34) Captain: "And with the new Amyrlin, that's my price."
[Sun Dec 16 02:09:34 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Highway robbery, but we'll pay it."
[Sun Dec 16 02:09:41 2007] : ** (39) Thom keeps his head bowed slightly, but casts glances around, as if he's all excited about this trip. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:10:12 2007] : (34) Captain: "You can always swim if'n you don't like that price. I'm not going to go a place where I'll get strung up by my neck for being a man."
[Sun Dec 16 02:10:47 2007] : ** (34) Drenla raises his eyebrows at that. "I think we'll take our chances." **
[Sun Dec 16 02:11:40 2007] : (34) DM: Drenla hands him the payment and he waves you aboard, then turns to his men.
[Sun Dec 16 02:11:56 2007] : (34) Captain: "Set course for the City docks."
[Sun Dec 16 02:11:57 2007] : (36) Morti: :turns his head aside to murmur to Thom, off topic, "Is it still highway robbery if it's on a boat?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:12:43 2007] : ** (39) Thom just glances at Morti, reminding the little one to keep quiet. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:13:01 2007] : ** (36) Morti shuts his mouth and boards the boat. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:13:18 2007] : ** (39) Thom boards as well, following behind Drenla. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:14:18 2007] : (34) Captain: "So you're not from here."
[Sun Dec 16 02:14:44 2007] : (34) Drenla: "You've got a good ear. We're travellers from the west, from Damrosil."
[Sun Dec 16 02:14:55 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): So much for off stage, huh? :-)
[Sun Dec 16 02:15:12 2007] : (34) Captain: "Oh? I haven't been home in many a year. I'd have thought you were farther than that though."
[Sun Dec 16 02:15:43 2007] : (34) Drenla: "I spent time in Tolmara. That's probably where you've heard my accent from, but Pelham is my home."
[Sun Dec 16 02:16:03 2007] : (34) Drenla: "They're my 'pprentices. Marlinius and Barcus."
[Sun Dec 16 02:16:50 2007] : (34) Captain: "Vaughn. A pleasure to meet you."
[Sun Dec 16 02:16:57 2007] : ** (39) Thom nods in greeting to the Captain as he is introduced. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:17:10 2007] : (34) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well you're not in the city yet
[Sun Dec 16 02:17:21 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): lol - true.
[Sun Dec 16 02:17:24 2007] : ** (36) Morti offers a wave and grin, lips tightly sealed, for the moment. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:17:44 2007] : (34) Vaughn: "You're brave for going to the City. Word has it that the Amyrlin has turned the City to an armed camp."
[Sun Dec 16 02:18:55 2007] : (36) Morti: "Eh..?" :stops himself from speaking more than a questioning grunt, at least.:
[Sun Dec 16 02:18:56 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): (whispering): Thom is just giving Morti a test run here, keeping him quiet. After all, it would be easy for information about us to be passed into the city pon our arrival - regardless of feelings the Captain claims about the new Amyrlin.
[Sun Dec 16 02:20:12 2007] : (34) Vaughn: "Aye." (heedless of Morti's response)
[Sun Dec 16 02:20:28 2007] : (34) Vaughn: "She's looking for something but I dun know what."
[Sun Dec 16 02:20:49 2007] : (34) Vaughn: "Orders are none to enter or to leave."
[Sun Dec 16 02:21:04 2007] : ** (34) Vaughn seems to leave it hanging as if hoping for more. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:21:24 2007] : ** (34) Drenla smiles tightly. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:21:28 2007] : ** (36) Morti glances to THom and Drenla, some worry on his mask. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:21:45 2007] : (34) Drenla: "We'll pay you an extra nine marks on top of your fee, Captain, to say nothing of our trip there."
[Sun Dec 16 02:22:06 2007] : (34) Vaughn: "Oh? Well in that case, I never saw you then."
[Sun Dec 16 02:22:12 2007] : ** (39) Thom remains impassive, as though he doesn't understand what is happening. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:22:20 2007] : ** (34) Vaughn extends his hand expectantly. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:23:15 2007] : ** (34) Drenla takes out a satchel out of his robe and counts out nine thick gold coins and lays it in the captain's hand. "I knew I could count on you. Come you two, let's get stowed away." **
[Sun Dec 16 02:23:55 2007] : ** (39) Thom nods and follows behind Drenla. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:24:20 2007] : ** (36) Morti follows obediently along after Drenla, scratching at his scarf as he walks. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:25:13 2007] : (34) Drenla: "I don't trust him any farther than I can throw him so it's probably best if you two have a wary eye." (quietly)
[Sun Dec 16 02:26:05 2007] : ** (39) Thom smiles knowingly to Drenla and nods. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:26:47 2007] : (36) Morti: "Oh...? you think he'll turn us in or something?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:27:33 2007] : (39) Thom: "Greed can do many things, and you never know exactly what - until it happens."
[Sun Dec 16 02:27:47 2007] : (39) Thom: (( said quietly. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:28:13 2007] : (36) Morti: "But.. we didn't do anything yet."
[Sun Dec 16 02:30:02 2007] : (39) Thom: "Doesn't matter. He acts like he doesn't like the new Amyrlin, yet he still travels to her city for coin. For more coin, he says he will say nothing of us. What if he is offered even more coin later, by someone else? Men like him always have a price - and it's usually not too high."
[Sun Dec 16 02:30:57 2007] : ** (39) Thom keeps an eye on their surroundings and any others that might be paying attention to them while he explains things quietly to Morti. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:31:34 2007] : (36) Morti: "Okay.. but why are we payings someone to say we aren't going to the city, if we are going to go talk with the Aes Sedai anyway?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:32:00 2007] : ** (34) Drenla closes the door to your cabin. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:32:04 2007] : (39) Thom: "That is part of our Master's plan."
[Sun Dec 16 02:32:23 2007] : (39) Thom: (( ahh, wasn't sure if it was big enough boat to have cabins or not. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:32:25 2007] : (34) Drenla: "The less people know about our coming and going to Nith'Tar Valon, the better."
[Sun Dec 16 02:32:30 2007] : (39) Thom: "I hope."
[Sun Dec 16 02:33:01 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Unfortunately, we already have a boat full of people who know about us. I'm trying to limit knowledge."
[Sun Dec 16 02:33:12 2007] : ** (36) Morti scratches out of himself out of confusion and habit, replying briefly. "Laright." **
[Sun Dec 16 02:33:23 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Gossip spreads like wildfire if you know what I mean."
[Sun Dec 16 02:33:27 2007] : (36) Morti: (Alright even)
[Sun Dec 16 02:33:38 2007] : (39) Thom: "Makes sense. We can't appear from nowhere, but the less talk there is,the better."
[Sun Dec 16 02:35:12 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Now then. I can probably make my way to the Tower in order to drop off a gift to Noelle. What about you? Do you have any plans besides seeking out your friends?" (gives you a wink as he says this)
[Sun Dec 16 02:35:48 2007] : ** (34) Drenla points to the door and mimes someone listening by way of explanation. **
[Sun Dec 16 02:35:55 2007] : (39) Thom: "Only to see the sights of the wonderous city, Master."
[Sun Dec 16 02:36:29 2007] : (34) Drenla: "And you, Marlinius?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:37:19 2007] : (36) Morti: "I want to see the Thousand Steps.. and the Floating Tower.. and the Great Library."
[Sun Dec 16 02:37:55 2007] : (36) Morti: "Do you think they'll shut us out because of the problems in the city?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:38:03 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Well then you'll have the chance to do all that."
[Sun Dec 16 02:38:10 2007] : (39) Thom: (( and Morti doesn't even have to pretend to be excited about the sights. ))
[Sun Dec 16 02:38:58 2007] : (39) Thom: "When have the Aes Sedai ever shut the doors to their great city? I thought you had studied up Marlinius."
[Sun Dec 16 02:39:31 2007] : (36) Morti: "Well.. from what the Captain said.. about armed camps and such..."
[Sun Dec 16 02:39:33 2007] : ** (39) Thom casts Morti a smile, hoping he will play along, **
[Sun Dec 16 02:40:03 2007] : (36) Morti: "Sounds like we're going at a pretty bad time."
[Sun Dec 16 02:40:16 2007] : (39) Thom: "But these are the Aes Sedai, surely they have things well under control."
[Sun Dec 16 02:41:46 2007] : (36) Morti: "If you say so."
[Sun Dec 16 02:43:06 2007] : (39) Thom: "Isn't it so Master? Don't you agree with me that things aren't as bad as some say?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:47:59 2007] : (34) Drenla: "Perhaps."
[Sun Dec 16 02:48:25 2007] : (38) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): I'm here
[Sun Dec 16 02:48:34 2007] : (34) Drenla: "We'll see, won't we? If I don't return after seeing Noelle, then you'll know."
[Sun Dec 16 02:48:47 2007] : (39) Thom: "Ok."
[Sun Dec 16 02:48:54 2007] : (36) Morti: "Huh?"
[Sun Dec 16 02:48:57 2007] : (34) DM: (anyway, we'll stop here)
[Sun Dec 16 02:49:04 2007] : (34) DM: (he's speaking in code)
[Sun Dec 16 02:49:10 2007] : (36) Morti: (ok)
[Sun Dec 16 02:49:15 2007] : (34) DM: (Noelle = Sevis, etc.)
[Sun Dec 16 02:49:54 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): Oh, Thom loves this spy stuff - so he's good to go. ;-)
[Sun Dec 16 02:50:46 2007] : (38) J.C.: Heh
[Sun Dec 16 02:51:54 2007] : (36) Morti: right then. I'm heading off to be, before I doze off in front of the computer. Gnita ll
[Sun Dec 16 02:52:00 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): g'night
[Sun Dec 16 02:52:02 2007] : (36) Morti: to BED even
[Sun Dec 16 02:52:05 2007] : (34) DM: nite
[Sun Dec 16 02:52:21 2007] : (39) Zane (Mac): and I'll see the rest of you next year.
[Sun Dec 16 02:52:35 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Dec 16 02:52:37 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms