Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: CialisBok


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Nov 17 20:57:20 2007] : (366) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 20:57

Sat Nov 17 20:57:20 2007] : (366) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 20:57
[Sat Nov 17 20:57:20 2007] : (371) Zane (enter): 20:57
[Sat Nov 17 20:57:20 2007] : (372) Donovan (enter): 20:57
[Sat Nov 17 20:57:28 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (373) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Nov 17 20:57:31 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (372) Donovan...
[Sat Nov 17 20:57:47 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: so what's a beguiler?
[Sat Nov 17 20:57:54 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: that's J's choice
[Sat Nov 17 20:58:24 2007] : (371) Zane: Seems like rogue/sorcerer mix, but illusion spells mainly
[Sat Nov 17 20:58:59 2007] : (371) Zane: From what I've read about it, people only say good things about the class, and nothing about broken aspects.
[Sat Nov 17 20:59:35 2007] : (366) Dj Gilcrease: Yup.
[Sat Nov 17 21:01:01 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: hm
[Sat Nov 17 21:01:13 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: well is that because most people like the broken aspects?
[Sat Nov 17 21:01:17 2007] : (371) Zane: From PHBII: "Beguilers have quick wits, deft hands, and compelling personalities."
[Sat Nov 17 21:01:35 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: I don't trust wotc, so I'm relying on you
[Sat Nov 17 21:01:39 2007] : (366) Dj Gilcrease: It's an interesting class, and I have yet to find anything broken with it
[Sat Nov 17 21:01:46 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: ok then
[Sat Nov 17 21:02:04 2007] : (371) Zane: In my experience, if there are broken aspects of a class/feat/whatever, you will see someone talking about it. I've seen nothing about broken parts of the beguiler/
[Sat Nov 17 21:02:30 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: I don't pay attention to half the stuff that's out there so I wouldn't know
[Sat Nov 17 21:02:35 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: ah
[Sat Nov 17 21:03:20 2007] : (371) Zane: Definately a good addition to the group I believe. Good at talking, some rogue skills, but more with dealing with people. Which is something Heli does not excell at.
[Sat Nov 17 21:03:23 2007] : (375) Lunauc (enter): 21:03
[Sat Nov 17 21:04:27 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (375) Lunauc...
[Sat Nov 17 21:04:45 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: so let's wait till our elf gets here
[Sat Nov 17 21:06:43 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 17 21:06:43 2007] : (375) Lunauc: (whispering): Question: something occurred to me a little while ago, while going over some rules. The time it takes to copy a new spell into a spellbook is 24 hours. But the rules don't say it has to be all at once. So... considering lack of down time, would it be plausible for Morti to scribe new spells a bit at a time, a few hours here and there to complete them, during free time?
[Sat Nov 17 21:07:10 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): fine
[Sat Nov 17 21:07:52 2007] : (375) Lunauc: (whispering): sweet.
[Sat Nov 17 21:09:14 2007] : (375) Lunauc: (whispering): can I try to scribe a couple he'd have been working on during his study periods up to now?
[Sat Nov 17 21:12:49 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Nov 17 21:18:00 2007] : (373) Voice: we'll start by 9:30 regardless of whether Daelan shows up or not
[Sat Nov 17 21:18:34 2007] : (371) Zane: k
[Sat Nov 17 21:22:06 2007] : (375) Lunauc: (whispering): I was gonna go for Wind wall, but I was also wondering abou the Infravision spell, that was a 1st level spell in one of the slaver's spellbooks we picked up a long while back. I was wondering if it was an original andurin spell, but I couldn't find it.
[Sat Nov 17 21:23:47 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I have to write it up
[Sat Nov 17 21:24:15 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it essentially grants you 30' darkvision if you don't already have it, and if you do, the range is doubled
[Sat Nov 17 21:24:18 2007] : (375) Lunauc: Ah was thinking it was like darkvision
[Sat Nov 17 21:24:58 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it lasts one hour/level, max eight hours and cannot be cast more than once in a 24 hour period.
[Sat Nov 17 21:25:47 2007] : (373) DM: see my whispered note. :)
[Sat Nov 17 21:26:03 2007] : (375) Lunauc: (whispering): ok. I'll roll to learn it. Does it have a personal range, or can it be cast on others?
[Sat Nov 17 21:26:33 2007] : (375) Lunauc: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [8,18] = (26)
[Sat Nov 17 21:26:34 2007] : (375) Lunauc: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [10,18] = (28)
[Sat Nov 17 21:27:16 2007] : (375) Lunauc: (whispering): heh.. kinda silly now that I think of it... I can't roll low enough not to learn either anyway.
[Sat Nov 17 21:34:05 2007] : (380) Daelan (enter): 21:34
[Sat Nov 17 21:37:11 2007] : (375) Lunauc: wow... that's timing
[Sat Nov 17 21:38:23 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): personal range
[Sat Nov 17 21:38:33 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Nov 17 21:38:34 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Nov 17 21:38:39 2007] : (373) DM: ok
[Sat Nov 17 21:38:44 2007] : (373) DM: does anyone need a recap?
[Sat Nov 17 21:39:38 2007] : (371) Thom: (( we all are on our way up to the Inn, one way or another. ))
[Sat Nov 17 21:40:00 2007] : (373) DM: at the close of last session, you had a big battle in U33 against Andress and her minions. It turns out that Andress is the Tempest, although she has not become her true form as of yet
[Sat Nov 17 21:40:23 2007] : (373) DM: you manage to leave the catacombs and make your way to the Inn.
[Sat Nov 17 21:40:28 2007] : (373) DM: we can FF through this
[Sat Nov 17 21:40:37 2007] : (373) DM: Rhian follows along, lost in thought.
[Sat Nov 17 21:40:44 2007] : (373) DM: (kidding)
[Sat Nov 17 21:41:01 2007] : (373) DM: she's unconscious of course. I think someone's carrying her
[Sat Nov 17 21:41:37 2007] : (375) Morti: (Atross was carrying her back with Morti. We should be back and have her tucked in her bed in the inn by the time the others make their way through the catacombs.)
[Sat Nov 17 21:41:45 2007] : (373) DM: (ok)
[Sat Nov 17 21:41:54 2007] : (372) Atross: ((Quite correct.))
[Sat Nov 17 21:42:01 2007] : ** (371) Thom exits from the door in the cabinet in the basement of the Inn, leading the others out of the caves. He heads to the common room of the inn. **
[Sat Nov 17 21:42:12 2007] : (373) DM: (so you're back in the common room. and Ados is with you, trying to look nondescript)
[Sat Nov 17 21:42:25 2007] : ** (371) Thom looks for Okrosh. **
[Sat Nov 17 21:44:20 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 17 21:44:20 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): Also, double checking that Peyr isn't in the room (the local that I tracked out to the farmsted earlier)
[Sat Nov 17 21:46:07 2007] : ** (375) Morti waits up in the room, worried and unsettled by the new realizations, he immerses himself in his books, while he waits for the others, and Rhian rests. **
[Sat Nov 17 21:47:19 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): correct
[Sat Nov 17 21:47:24 2007] : ** (371) Thom shakes his head slightly, muttering, "I can't believe I didn't recognize her voice. I knew something was strangly familiar about it." **
[Sat Nov 17 21:47:34 2007] : (373) DM: He's tending bar.
[Sat Nov 17 21:48:07 2007] : (371) Thom: ?me calls Okrosh over to where he and his companions are sitting.
[Sat Nov 17 21:48:10 2007] : ** (371) Thom calls Okrosh over to where he and his companions are sitting. **
[Sat Nov 17 21:49:32 2007] : ** (372) Atross has waited in the common room for the rest to arrive. **
[Sat Nov 17 21:50:31 2007] : ** (380) Daelan enters the inn,his eyes scanning all inside as he finds a quiet place to sit and watch the room **
[Sat Nov 17 21:51:35 2007] : (373) DM: He comes over to you and asks what you'll be having for dinner.
[Sat Nov 17 21:52:07 2007] : (373) Okrosh: "Ays?"
[Sat Nov 17 21:52:23 2007] : ** (371) Thom orders food for everyone there and adds on, "Oh - and that person we discussed earlier? She left town, for good." **
[Sat Nov 17 21:55:12 2007] : ** (380) Daelan requests some fruit,bread,cheese and water **
[Sat Nov 17 21:55:23 2007] : (373) Okrosh: "Ah, I see. Well that explains all the shifty-eyed folk who seem to have left town as well. They just cut and ran."
[Sat Nov 17 21:56:05 2007] : ** (373) Okrosh puts his hand to his head as if to steady himself for a minute. "And that dream I had hasn't gone back." (shakes himself) **
[Sat Nov 17 21:57:02 2007] : (373) Okrosh: "I don't know if people will come back to normal now that she's gone. But you've done good for us. I wish there was a way we could repay you."
[Sat Nov 17 21:57:12 2007] : (371) Thom: "Good to hear, I was afraid some might remain. We came across another poor soul that needs treatment, and a friend down there, who would be needing some work, if you have anything."
[Sat Nov 17 21:59:45 2007] : (380) Daelan: '' Feeding us would be a good way to pay your debt.''
[Sat Nov 17 22:01:38 2007] : (373) Okrosh: "Oh of course. In a few minutes."
[Sat Nov 17 22:02:02 2007] : (373) Okrosh: "Well, we'd need to get this inn up and running again, so have him see me in the morning."
[Sat Nov 17 22:02:21 2007] : ** (373) Okrosh turns and goes to the kitchen, whistling jauntily. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:02:24 2007] : (371) Thom: "Actually, he's right here. Ados - meet Okrosh."
[Sat Nov 17 22:02:48 2007] : (373) Okrosh: "Oh, well then come along. Ados, is it?"
[Sat Nov 17 22:03:14 2007] : ** (371) Thom whispers to Ados, "A new life, make it a good one." **
[Sat Nov 17 22:03:31 2007] : ** (373) Ados shuffles off, with a look of relief. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:05:36 2007] : ** (371) Thom turns back to the rest of his companions. "One down, a few more to go. We need to alert the temple to what happened, and get the prisoner we rescued to them. Also, the other guard we captured needs to be turned over. I doubt that this can wait for food, so I am going to run over there and leave a message for a friend. The rest of you wait here." **
[Sat Nov 17 22:06:46 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): Yes, I know I am splitting the group, but since they aren't doing much, all I want to do is get to the temple and leave a message for Srobhan that one of the outsiders needs his presence at the Inn as soon as possible, with a few extra hands. And then return to eat.
[Sat Nov 17 22:07:00 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Nov 17 22:07:49 2007] : ** (380) Daelan looks at Thom, '' Do not bring trouble to yourself,as you will be alone.'' **
[Sat Nov 17 22:08:32 2007] : (371) Thom: "I will be quick about it. I'm not the one that gets kidnapped and cursed when I go out on my own." With that, Thom leaves the inn.
[Sat Nov 17 22:09:02 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): This way - no need to run a split group, unless you want to. :-)
[Sat Nov 17 22:09:43 2007] : (373) DM: After a short while, a waitress comes by with your order -- beef and vegetable stew, fresh bread, roast chicken, green beans and potatoes and jugs of milk, along with a fruit and cheese platter for Daelan. She mentions that dinner is on the house.
[Sat Nov 17 22:09:56 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): um no
[Sat Nov 17 22:10:31 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): lol - didn't think so.
[Sat Nov 17 22:11:22 2007] : ** (380) Daelan reaches under his hood,taking out his pet ferret,placing him on the table,he cuts up some fruit and places it in front of his ferret as he eats some fruit,bread and cheese. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:15:27 2007] : ** (372) Atross eats little, mostly biding his time with drink and chatter. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:18:36 2007] : (373) DM: Eventually Thom returns.
[Sat Nov 17 22:19:30 2007] : ** (371) Thom returns to his seat and looks around for a second before turning to Atross. "Where's Morti?" **
[Sat Nov 17 22:21:26 2007] : (372) Atross: "He's upstairs studying. I think it's just something to distract him though."
[Sat Nov 17 22:22:03 2007] : (371) Thom: "I'll see if he's hungry." Thom heads up to see if Morti wants to join them.
[Sat Nov 17 22:23:28 2007] : ** (375) Morti has a couple books open on the bed as he sits studying, when Thom arrives. Having been waiting for the others to return, he asks, "Everyone get back alright?" **
[Sat Nov 17 22:23:31 2007] : (373) DM: Rhian's sound asleep.
[Sat Nov 17 22:24:11 2007] : (371) Thom: "Yep, even got Ados a job. We got food also."
[Sat Nov 17 22:25:17 2007] : ** (375) Morti gives a brief nod. "Okay, Miss Rhian seems to be sleeping alright for now. BUt someone should probably keep an eye on her." **
[Sat Nov 17 22:26:04 2007] : (371) Thom: "We'll check on her regularly. Cael could probably be talked into watching her (since he's not here this week anyway)."
[Sat Nov 17 22:26:44 2007] : ** (375) Morti nods and sets his books aside. Picking Moiraine up from the bed, he heads downstairs to eat. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:27:26 2007] : ** (371) Thom looks over Rhian Sedai one last time before turning and heading downstairs. Once down there, he asks Cael to go keep watch on the Aes Sedai. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:27:32 2007] : (373) DM: (k)
[Sat Nov 17 22:28:36 2007] : ** (371) Thom is sure to get another meal from Okrosh for Morti before returning to his food. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:29:02 2007] : (373) DM: (there's more than enough at the table)
[Sat Nov 17 22:29:31 2007] : (371) Thom: (( wasn't sure, just didn't want to invite Morti down and not have anything for the little guy. :-P ))
[Sat Nov 17 22:30:32 2007] : (371) Thom: "Now, we just wait for the acolyte. If he doesn't make it before too long, we all can head that way." Thom sits and eats, enjoying the food.
[Sat Nov 17 22:30:50 2007] : ** (375) Morti keeps his kitten obscured in his lap by his coat, as he sits to eat, so as not to scare the serving boy again. While carefully feeding his own food up under his mask, he hands down bits of meat to moiraine as well. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:30:34 2007] : ** (373) Siobhan enters the inn with a contingent of temple guards. Okrosh points him out in your direction. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:31:15 2007] : (373) DM: (assuming time passed)
[Sat Nov 17 22:31:16 2007] : (373) DM: "I came as quickly as I could."
[Sat Nov 17 22:31:26 2007] : (373) Siobhan: "I came as quickly as I could."
[Sat Nov 17 22:31:50 2007] : ** (380) Daelan places his right hand on his bow as the guards enter the inn **
[Sat Nov 17 22:32:35 2007] : ** (375) Morti feeds a piece of bread up under his mask, as he looks up curiously to Siobhan. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:34:12 2007] : (372) Atross: "Ah, Siobhan. You're looking well."
[Sat Nov 17 22:34:25 2007] : (371) Thom: "Excellent. First, there is a bound captive down in the basement that you will likely want to question, and an unconscious fellow that we freed from restraints who needs to be cared for. Oh, and your "leader"" Thom mimics spitting to the side, "was not who she claimed. If you search the lower levels of the temple, you will find proof of this. You and your friends will also need large amounts of holy water to reconcesrate what she disturbed before she left town, for good most likely."
[Sat Nov 17 22:35:30 2007] : ** (371) Thom after giving the summary, Thom takes another bite of his food, acting as though the bombs that were dropped just then were nothing. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:35:49 2007] : ** (373) Siobhan nods, his brow grim. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:36:05 2007] : (373) Siobhan: "Do you know where she went?"
[Sat Nov 17 22:36:08 2007] : (380) Daelan: " Do not forget the dead Thom.''
[Sat Nov 17 22:36:46 2007] : (373) DM: Some farmers look on with some interest, although they keep mostly to themselves.
[Sat Nov 17 22:37:30 2007] : (371) Thom: "A city far away. Right Daelan, there are a number of dead as well - most by their own swords as well. I know that it will be work to overcome these events, but I have faith in your and your Siobhan."
[Sat Nov 17 22:37:46 2007] : (371) Thom: (( *you and yours ))
[Sat Nov 17 22:38:51 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): I've forgotten - who did Okrosh say owned the farmstead where I saw the half-orcs?
[Sat Nov 17 22:39:01 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The Uhlstead farm
[Sat Nov 17 22:40:27 2007] : (373) Siobhan: "We will prevail. We always have."
[Sat Nov 17 22:40:35 2007] : (371) Thom: "Oh, and be sure to check out the Uhlstead farmsted, from what I have heard everyone has likely fled already, but there might be some information out there as well."
[Sat Nov 17 22:41:03 2007] : ** (373) Siobhan sighs. "Although I can't say it'll be easy. The people have lost faith in the time since And--" **
[Sat Nov 17 22:41:17 2007] : (373) Siobhan: "Since whomever our former leader was here."
[Sat Nov 17 22:41:56 2007] : (371) Thom: "And you will restore their faith, I am sure. Shaunnra has spoken to us, and is at peace. That is a momumental first step to fixing the wrongs."
[Sat Nov 17 22:42:02 2007] : ** (373) Siobhan nods. "Well, we shall leave you to your dinner. Okrosh, lead the way." **
[Sat Nov 17 22:42:28 2007] : ** (373) Siobhan follows Okrosh to the basement, and beckons the guards to come with him. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:43:38 2007] : ** (375) Morti waits until the guards depart to ask Thom, "Will they really be alright.. I mean with the enemies at the farm and all..." **
[Sat Nov 17 22:43:44 2007] : (371) Thom: "That should help this city rebuild themselves. We still have a couple others that we need to speak with, but once Rhian rests, we should be ready to travel once again."
[Sat Nov 17 22:45:13 2007] : (371) Thom: "Oh yes, you missed it. Okrosh said that very recently, all the shifty eyed characters cleared out of town. So, either they went to the farm, or even the farm has cleared out. I'm wagering that they have left the area altogether. And on the off chance that they haven't - the guards now know of the farm and can take care of any straglers."
[Sat Nov 17 22:47:51 2007] : ** (375) Morti gives a meager nod, as he pokes at his food. But after a moment speaks up, "Then... what was the map for? The one marking points around the city. If she was leaving for Highkeep all along.... what did the map mean?" **
[Sat Nov 17 22:50:05 2007] : (372) Atross: "That's a good question; one we shall have to carry ahead to Nith'Tar'Valon. I hope those were plans that are now discarded though.""
[Sat Nov 17 22:50:17 2007] : (371) Thom: "It is possible that she recognized Daelan, just as he did her. Seeing him alive, she figured she better leave as her plans were about to fail. So, just by being here, we disrupted those plans. And if not - it becomes the concern of the Aes Sedai. Rhian saw the map as well, so she and hers can deal with any remnants."
[Sat Nov 17 22:50:49 2007] : (375) Morti: :nods: "Alright"
[Sat Nov 17 22:51:26 2007] : ** (371) Thom blanches for a moment. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:52:02 2007] : (371) Thom: "Wait, that means... damnation. I helped sent that witch to Highkeep in the first place."
[Sat Nov 17 22:52:51 2007] : (375) Morti: "Eh...?"
[Sat Nov 17 22:53:46 2007] : (371) Thom: "She ruined the lives of my family and friends, and I just helped send her there by showing up here. All that pain and blood..."
[Sat Nov 17 22:54:15 2007] : ** (375) Morti scratches his head in confusion. "I thought we tried to stop her." **
[Sat Nov 17 22:54:33 2007] : (380) Daelan: " Should have let me kill her when I had the chance Thom.''
[Sat Nov 17 22:55:03 2007] : (371) Thom: "Yes, and it happened the way it had to happen I guess. I just wish she had been someone, anyuone, else."
[Sat Nov 17 22:55:16 2007] : (371) Thom: "No Daelan, there was no stopping her."
[Sat Nov 17 22:56:14 2007] : ** (371) Thom rubs his neck gently, still raw and red from her spell. **
[Sat Nov 17 22:56:48 2007] : (373) DM: (want to FF?)
[Sat Nov 17 22:57:24 2007] : (371) Thom: (( just making sure no one else wants to talk, but if people are ready we can move on to the end of dinner. ))
[Sat Nov 17 22:57:50 2007] : (380) Daelan: " Are you sure Thom,I mean if you die here in the past then you are dead in the future,so if she dies in present there is no future is that not correct.''
[Sat Nov 17 22:57:54 2007] : (375) Morti: (sure)
[Sat Nov 17 22:58:46 2007] : (371) Thom: "I don't know how exactly it all works. All I know is that I was told specifically that she could not die, not yet."
[Sat Nov 17 22:59:09 2007] : (372) Atross: "Well we certainly did make an effort at it anyway."
[Sat Nov 17 22:59:18 2007] : (371) Thom: "Well, if evreyone is ready - we can go see Valkoris. He deserves to be filled in on what happened.":
[Sat Nov 17 22:59:58 2007] : ** (380) Daelan gathers up his ferret and an apple as he slings his bow,he stands up waiting for the others. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:00:34 2007] : ** (371) Thom collects himself and prepares to head out, moving out to Valkoris' place once everyone is ready. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:01:52 2007] : ** (375) Morti finishes up, and agrees to follow along **
[Sat Nov 17 23:03:48 2007] : ** (373) Valkoris greets you when you arrive at his home. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:04:08 2007] : (380) Daelan: " Before we embark on another long road,I am going to need some supplies as I am sure the rest of you do as well,things like food and whatnot Thom.''
[Sat Nov 17 23:04:10 2007] : (371) Thom: "Well met Valkoris, we bring good news."
[Sat Nov 17 23:04:30 2007] : (371) Thom: "Of course Daelan, that is another stop we can make after Valkoris."
[Sat Nov 17 23:06:42 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "What can I do for you, friends?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:07:35 2007] : (371) Thom: "For us? Nothing I can think of at the moment. I merely want to personally let you know what happened, as you sent out for Cael, who brought us to help."
[Sat Nov 17 23:09:33 2007] : (371) Thom: "The spirit of Shaunnra and her companions will all now be able to rest easy, as acolytes of Bralvanyr know of the desecration that was occuring under there temple at the hands of Andress. She was chased out of town, and I truly believe she will not return to this area."
[Sat Nov 17 23:09:46 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "How?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:10:39 2007] : (375) Morti: "Magic..."
[Sat Nov 17 23:10:51 2007] : (371) Thom: The spell that had captured Shaunnra's soul has been destroyed by one of my companions, freeing her. She told us herself that things will be ok now."
[Sat Nov 17 23:11:13 2007] : (380) Daelan: " She fled from the Quessir.''
[Sat Nov 17 23:11:22 2007] : ** (373) Valkoris seems relieved. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:11:43 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "This day has been a long time coming. And where will you go now?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:11:56 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "We thank you from the bottom of our hearts."
[Sat Nov 17 23:11:58 2007] : (371) Thom: "South, to see a friend home."
[Sat Nov 17 23:12:41 2007] : (371) Thom: "We may have broken though some lines, but there is still plently of work to be done for this town to heal completely."
[Sat Nov 17 23:13:42 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "In time. It will take time. Won't you come in for some tea?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:14:32 2007] : ** (371) Thom glances at the others to make sure there are no objections. "Of course, for a short time at least." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:15:31 2007] : (375) Morti: "It's not a weird flavor tea, is it?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:15:43 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 17 23:15:43 2007] : (372) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Going to pick up some food, brb
[Sat Nov 17 23:15:44 2007] : (380) Daelan: " We have time Thom,we can not leave until Rhain is ready.''
[Sat Nov 17 23:15:50 2007] : (373) Voice: "I have a selection of teas." (smiles)
[Sat Nov 17 23:15:58 2007] : (373) Voice: "It's the least I can do."
[Sat Nov 17 23:16:05 2007] : (371) Thom: "I know Daelan, I know."
[Sat Nov 17 23:16:34 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "So what will you do now?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:16:42 2007] : ** (375) Morti nods. "Okay, should help settle supper." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:16:51 2007] : ** (373) Valkoris shows you into his parlor as he bustles about. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:17:19 2007] : ** (371) Thom enters at Valkoris' offer and moves to the same seat he used before, enjoying the comfort of the seat. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:18:11 2007] : (371) Thom: "First south, to Nith' Tar Valon obviously. After that, it is still uncretain exactly."
[Sat Nov 17 23:18:49 2007] : ** (375) Morti takes a seat, as he looks about Valkoris' home, careful not to touch anything that doesn't belong to him. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:19:43 2007] : ** (373) Valkoris comes out with a tray of scones, jam, waybread, clotted cream, teacups and a strange silver contraption with a number of spouts. "Turn the nozzle to whichever spout you want and pour. There's chamomile, candied violet, lemon thyme, mint and peachbark tea." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:20:15 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "South? To the city of the Aes Sedai?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:21:08 2007] : (371) Thom: "Aye." Thom helps himself to some of the peachbark tea, but passes on the treats.
[Sat Nov 17 23:22:22 2007] : (375) Morti: "Hmmm...?" :morti picks up a cup and the strange multi-tea pot. Looking it over for a second, he thinks over the flavors for a second and figures a candied violet Lemon thyme mint tea blend sounds like a great idea.
[Sat Nov 17 23:22:54 2007] : ** (375) Morti takes a sip... and spits it up in his mask. "Pwthwaa! hek yek..." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:23:27 2007] : (371) Thom: "Try one at a time, it usually goes better."
[Sat Nov 17 23:24:16 2007] : (375) Morti: "Yeh-hk... Seemed like a good idea."
[Sat Nov 17 23:24:54 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "The Sisters guard their city well and do not allow any to enter unless they have business with the Tower."
[Sat Nov 17 23:25:38 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "Their magicka is strong. The city has only fallen once in the last ten centuries."
[Sat Nov 17 23:25:48 2007] : (371) Thom: "So I have been told. However, I am not worried about getting into the city..."
[Sat Nov 17 23:25:55 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "Oh?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:26:37 2007] : ** (375) Morti stares apprehensively at the tea pot o' plenty, before finally trying the mint. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:26:43 2007] : (371) Thom: "We are headed there for a reason, our companion has business with the tower."
[Sat Nov 17 23:27:01 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "It would be unseemly of me to ask you why you were going. It is not often we have visitors much. Most who travel to Nith'Tar Valon go by riverboat, or from the south."
[Sat Nov 17 23:27:58 2007] : ** (373) Valkoris nods as he sips his tea. "You honor me by being here, and also by helping this town come to its feet." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:28:08 2007] : (375) Morti: "Hmmm..." :eyes roll back in throught: "I've never been on a river boat."
[Sat Nov 17 23:28:23 2007] : (371) Thom: "Hmm, did not realize there were other options, as we were following directions. Well, it is good we did, as we were able to help."
[Sat Nov 17 23:29:18 2007] : (371) Thom: "It needed to be done, it was apparently our Fate to aid you in removing her from the seat of power she made here."
[Sat Nov 17 23:29:20 2007] : ** (380) Daelan eats his apple as he listens to the conversation **
[Sat Nov 17 23:31:47 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "If there is anything I can offer you, you have but to ask. The blessing of the Ara-Cemnari be with you."
[Sat Nov 17 23:32:26 2007] : ** (375) Morti takes piece of bread, spreading some jam on it, as he muses allowed, "I wonder if we can still catch a river boat into the city." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:33:24 2007] : (371) Thom: "Your offer is most welcome, but honestly I am unsure of what we need at this moment, besides time."
[Sat Nov 17 23:33:32 2007] : (375) Morti: "Eh...?" :glances up to Valkoris... apparently he wasn't listening:
[Sat Nov 17 23:34:31 2007] : (371) Thom: `
[Sat Nov 17 23:34:43 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "There is a landing to the east of Ruairi. Follow the road north until you come to a fork in the road. Take the right fork until you come to the Bridge of Voices. The landing is near the foot of the Bridge, a mile or so to the south, on the same side riverbank." (pause)
[Sat Nov 17 23:35:06 2007] : (371) Thom: (( sorry, keyboard fell... ))
[Sat Nov 17 23:35:16 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "The Bridge is...haunted. Or it may be your luck that when you come to the Bridge, the spirit who guards it will let you pass in peace."
[Sat Nov 17 23:36:04 2007] : (371) Thom: "I have a hard time believing that would be our luck..."
[Sat Nov 17 23:36:05 2007] : (380) Daelan: " Valkoris,is it possible to get some lembas here in town.''
[Sat Nov 17 23:36:18 2007] : ** (375) Morti raises a cloth brow to Valkoris, "Haunted...?" D-does the ghost ever.. hurt people...?" **
[Sat Nov 17 23:38:28 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "I have some."
[Sat Nov 17 23:39:08 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "It has been said that whatever haunts the Bridge prevents those who seek to cross it from leaving it alive."
[Sat Nov 17 23:39:43 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "Some dismiss it as fools' tales. But on certain days or nights, a fog rolls in." (sips)
[Sat Nov 17 23:40:00 2007] : (380) Daelan: " I would be interested in purchasing all you have Valkoris.''
[Sat Nov 17 23:40:16 2007] : (371) Thom: "And at that landing is where we can find a boat to get to Nith;Tar Valon?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:40:17 2007] : ** (375) Morti gives a gulp. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:42:04 2007] : ** (373) Valkoris nods. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:42:30 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "No need, friend Daelan. I will give you what I have."
[Sat Nov 17 23:43:10 2007] : (371) Thom: "That is quite kind of you Valkoris."
[Sat Nov 17 23:44:15 2007] : (373) Valkoris: "Now then, please feel free to enjoy this tea and my parlor. I have work in the garden to attend to. When you're ready to leave, my cook will give you the lembas."
[Sat Nov 17 23:44:56 2007] : (380) Daelan: " I appreciate it Valkoris,it has been to long since I have tasted our bread,too long have I been forced to eat the food of the Humans."
[Sat Nov 17 23:45:02 2007] : ** (371) Thom nods in thanks to Valkoris. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:45:03 2007] : (375) Morti: "Th-thank you, sir."
[Sat Nov 17 23:46:24 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat (enter): 23:46
[Sat Nov 17 23:47:23 2007] : (375) Morti: (FF?)
[Sat Nov 17 23:47:49 2007] : (371) Thom: "So, should we consider this option of the boat? I believe Rhian mentioned something about the bridge before."
[Sat Nov 17 23:48:32 2007] : (373) DM: (up to you)
[Sat Nov 17 23:48:45 2007] : ** (373) Valkoris leaves you in the parlor. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:48:59 2007] : (371) Thom: (( well - I can get us moving along a bit... ))
[Sat Nov 17 23:49:16 2007] : (375) Morti: "Boat!" :blurts out before thinking. then gives a coy grin as he shies back.:
[Sat Nov 17 23:49:46 2007] : (371) Thom: "Ok, sounds like we should consider it then." Thom says, with a chuckle.
[Sat Nov 17 23:50:18 2007] : ** (371) Thom stands, after taking a final sip of his tea. "Daelan, get your food and let us be on our way." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:50:56 2007] : ** (380) Daelan starts to leave,stopping long enough to get the lembas from the cook. **
[Sat Nov 17 23:51:37 2007] : (371) Thom: (( Thom wants to hit at least one shop before going back to the Inn, I figure everyone else can also do what shopping they want off screen, unless they also have a reason to do it on screen. ))
[Sat Nov 17 23:52:07 2007] : (373) DM: (k)
[Sat Nov 17 23:52:55 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 17 23:52:55 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): Excuse me, are you still looking for one more player?
[Sat Nov 17 23:53:13 2007] : (371) Thom: (whispering): Thom wants to visit Mercia, thank her for the tip on Okrosh and let her know that things will be better now, as Andress is gone. Oh, and see if she has anything that can help treat his burns. Unless you have a reason for running it onscreen, I'm good doing it off screen.
[Sat Nov 17 23:53:19 2007] : (372) Atross: "It might be a good idea. It could save some time. Also, Morti's enthusiasm notwithstanding, I haven't taken a boat trip before either."
[Sat Nov 17 23:53:45 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's a screening process that all goes through
[Sat Nov 17 23:53:48 2007] : (371) Thom: "And with the news of Sevis, time is an even bigger factor."
[Sat Nov 17 23:53:52 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I don't recruit for this game much
[Sat Nov 17 23:54:04 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Nov 17 23:54:24 2007] : ** (375) Morti nods to Thom. "True. We have to hurry to save him." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:54:33 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "So what can I do for you today?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:54:34 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): I see. I understand the whole screening, people are not what they used to be. So where would one begin?
[Sat Nov 17 23:54:57 2007] : (371) Thom: "Exactly, although we need to give Rhian some time. Hopefully a night's rest will help her."
[Sat Nov 17 23:55:16 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): read this
[Sat Nov 17 23:55:38 2007] : ** (375) Morti takes a final sip of his tea and stands. "Well.. I'm gonna head back to the inn now. I'll take over for Cael, so he can do what he has to. I have some studying to do." **
[Sat Nov 17 23:56:17 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): "I was hoping you might have something for these burns I received." Making sure no one else is around, he adds, "I received in getting Andress to leave town, for good."
[Sat Nov 17 23:56:31 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and this to find out about the nature of the game
[Sat Nov 17 23:56:52 2007] : (371) Thom: "Sounds good Morti, I'll be there shortly. Daelan, Atross? Do you two need anything?"
[Sat Nov 17 23:56:55 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and be sure to read the Andurin FAQ, found here
[Sat Nov 17 23:57:16 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): Thank you. *reading as we speak*
[Sat Nov 17 23:57:30 2007] : (372) Atross: "I think that I'll be fine until we catch up with Sevis at the least."
[Sat Nov 17 23:58:02 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "Ah. There has been a distinct change or so I've noticed. But it will take some time before things return to normal."
[Sat Nov 17 23:58:29 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "Well, come on in. I don't stand for attention. And stop looking like a child in a candy store." (snort)
[Sat Nov 17 23:58:48 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "There's probably a tisane of wormwort tea some place." (putters around)
[Sat Nov 17 23:58:48 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): "Yes, and it will be work. But I have a feeling that if some of you could find the strength to talk to strangers, you will find the strength to heal."
[Sat Nov 17 23:59:23 2007] : (373) DM: (am RPing with Thom offscreen if you sense lagtime in responding)
[Sat Nov 17 23:59:53 2007] : (371) Thom: "Very well, I'll meet you all back at the Inn.":

[Sun Nov 18 00:00:05 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "Is there aught else I can do for you? That will be thirty silver moons."
[Sun Nov 18 00:00:53 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): "Do you have anything else that you think can help frequent travellers, who often find themselves in scrapes?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:01:07 2007] : ** (373) Mercia hands you a pack of herbs. "Steep this in hot water and soak a compress in it. Apply to the wound twice a day for seven days. It should heal nicely." **
[Sun Nov 18 00:01:08 2007] : ** (375) Morti waves his goodbyes and heads back to the inn to study and keep an eye on Rhian. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:01:19 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): The bob activity is very interesting. I'll send you an email with what was required as soon as possible. For the time being I am going to read through this wiki and the other two links you have given me.
[Sun Nov 18 00:01:33 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "What kind of things?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:02:01 2007] : ** (372) Atross returns to the inn with Morti, though waits in the common room until the evening. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:02:12 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's a lot of information so e-mail me with questions. there's also a lot that's not filled in which will take time to complete
[Sun Nov 18 00:02:25 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): "I'm not sure, I was hoping you might have some suggestions based on your knowledge. I likely don't need anything else, but was curious to see if you had any suggestions."
[Sun Nov 18 00:03:07 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "What kind of suggestions?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:04:05 2007] : (371) Zane: (whispering): OOC: I have nothing in particular - Thom is just trying to help her out by buying something. And giving luck a chance to get him something that might be useful in the future. :-)
[Sun Nov 18 00:04:27 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): I see
[Sun Nov 18 00:06:23 2007] : (371) Thom: (whispering): "Nothing I guess. Thank you for your help." Thom hands over 30 silver pieces.
[Sun Nov 18 00:07:17 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "Well if you're looking for spells, I'm not much of a hedge wizard. I can provide pocket charms, potions, herbs and some spell scrolls. For real wizardry, you'll need to go to the elven forest or a Citadel. Or perhaps you want an Aes Sedai."
[Sun Nov 18 00:07:42 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "ARE you looking for one of those witches?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:07:57 2007] : (371) Thom: (whispering): "Got one of those already, not too keen on a second one."
[Sun Nov 18 00:09:00 2007] : (371) Thom: (whispering): "And hopefully we'll get the one home soon. Anyway, best of luck with your town."
[Sun Nov 18 00:09:12 2007] : ** (373) Mercia titters. "Wise you are beyond your years." **
[Sun Nov 18 00:09:31 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): "Fare well then. And thank you for everything."
[Sun Nov 18 00:09:49 2007] : (371) Thom: (whispering): "Don't know about that, but I appreciate the sentiment."
[Sun Nov 18 00:09:58 2007] : **(371) Thom: (whispering): nods and with a slight bow, leaves.**
[Sun Nov 18 00:10:37 2007] : ** (371) Thom makes his way a few minutes later to the Inn, after visiting one of the shops. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:11:14 2007] : ** (371) Thom nods to Atross when he enters, but makes his way upstairs, to check on Rhian. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:12:47 2007] : ** (373) Rhian is chatting with Morti, having woken recently, though she's still tired. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:13:02 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Oh, it's you." (sleepily)
[Sun Nov 18 00:13:34 2007] : (371) Thom: "Yes, me. Did you wipe yourself out again with your One Power?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:15:40 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I did what was necessary. I did what I had to do."
[Sun Nov 18 00:15:58 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Next you'll be lecturing me on the perils of using forbidden lore."
[Sun Nov 18 00:16:35 2007] : (371) Thom: "And I thank you for it, from what I've heard, I was down until you did whatever it was you did."
[Sun Nov 18 00:16:55 2007] : (371) Thom: "Forbidden lore?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:17:07 2007] : ** (375) Morti frowns a bit at her distress, but remains quiet.. for now **
[Sun Nov 18 00:17:52 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Some talents, some weaves are best left unused according to many Aes Sedai."
[Sun Nov 18 00:17:54 2007] : ** (373) Rhian shrugs. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:18:06 2007] : (371) Thom: "I may have issues with they way you handle information, but not how you handle the One Power, and I actually do feel worried when you pass out this often. Whether you believe that or not, it's up to you."
[Sun Nov 18 00:18:46 2007] : (375) Morti: "You mean like the way they feel men shou;dn't use the One power?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:19:30 2007] : (373) Rhian: "That's different. We use the Power responsibly. Saidar was not tainted by the Dark One."
[Sun Nov 18 00:19:51 2007] : (375) Morti: "But.. they're wrong about forbidden Lore..?
[Sun Nov 18 00:20:25 2007] : ** (375) Morti speaks... though unsurely. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:21:11 2007] : (373) Rhian: "That, is a point of contention. Some people like Elaida believe that some knowledge is best left unused. And in truth, she could be right. History says that in the War of Power, entire cities and armies were destroyed by the use of balefire. But I did what I had to do."
[Sun Nov 18 00:21:46 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Others like the Amyr--...like Siuan believe in nuanced positions."
[Sun Nov 18 00:22:39 2007] : ** (375) Morti scratches his neck in discomfort with debate. "I know.. your weave saved us.. but... please.. don't use such dangerous things too often. It could be dangerous." **
[Sun Nov 18 00:22:52 2007] : (371) Thom: "So, even the Aes Sedai are of many minds on things."
[Sun Nov 18 00:22:56 2007] : (373) Rhian: "If I hadn't used that weave, you would not be here."
[Sun Nov 18 00:22:56 2007] : (375) Morti: "But.. you know that.." :backpeddling: "Nevermind.."
[Sun Nov 18 00:23:39 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Yes, we are. There are deep cracks in the Tower though you would not know it if you were unschooled in our ways."
[Sun Nov 18 00:23:43 2007] : (371) Thom: "If it is that powerful, why did you not use it against that creature that you were fighting when we met?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:24:08 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Because I did not have the ter'angreal that allowed me to use that weave until recently."
[Sun Nov 18 00:24:35 2007] : (371) Thom: "Oh? Where did you pick that up?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:24:42 2007] : (373) Rhian: "While you were busy in the Floating Tomb, I did a little search of my own, along with Drenla."
[Sun Nov 18 00:25:27 2007] : (373) Rhian: "You probably have many questions."
[Sun Nov 18 00:25:28 2007] : (375) Morti: "Oh...." :recalling the wand, he reaches into his pocket to fish it out and hand it back to Rhian: "I almost forgot.. you dropped it."
[Sun Nov 18 00:25:32 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): Where would I find the Setting's information? I've read the three links and they discuss important aspects like rules and a description of the plot: The High King of Damrosil which I totally dig it.
[Sun Nov 18 00:25:45 2007] : (371) Thom: "Ah yes, you did get separated from us for a bit there. And as I recall, in helping us all get out, you were so drained that you passed out then as well."
[Sun Nov 18 00:26:51 2007] : ** (373) Rhian takes it. "A dangerous thing, this. The dwarves had a channeler who, not understanding the perils of balefire, nearly wiped out an entire contingent before he was slain from overchanneling." **
[Sun Nov 18 00:27:21 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): all of the info is on the wiki
[Sun Nov 18 00:27:49 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): LOL yes I am so sorry. I'm reading the campaign setting right now XD
[Sun Nov 18 00:27:51 2007] : (371) Thom: "But that was a male - so it is dangerous in your hands as well?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:27:59 2007] : ** (375) Morti blinks, cocking his head aside in worry, as Rhian takes back the wand, and tells of a former unfortunate user. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:28:00 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you should browse the wiki. the main plot is convoluted and I haven't filled in all the info yet. but we can cross that point IF you pass the screening test
[Sun Nov 18 00:28:28 2007] : (373) Rhian: "You perceive things correctly."
[Sun Nov 18 00:28:43 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): Thank you. I am browsing the wiki now reading the details of Andurin
[Sun Nov 18 00:29:12 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I am not powerful enough to use that weave, much less learn it. This wand, this ter'angreal, allows me the ability but at a price."
[Sun Nov 18 00:29:29 2007] : (375) Morti: "H-how much of a price?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:29:38 2007] : (373) Rhian: "If I use too much of the Power, stilling can result. Or death." (shrugs)
[Sun Nov 18 00:29:49 2007] : (371) Thom: "So it doesn't matter whether it is a male or a female, it is dangerous. And yet, many claim that all men are dangerous. Doesn't that mean all females should be considered dangerous as well?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:31:00 2007] : (373) Rhian: "That depends on your point of view." (curtly)
[Sun Nov 18 00:31:25 2007] : (372) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): In my point of view, the One Power is in no way the only thing that's dangerous
[Sun Nov 18 00:32:40 2007] : (375) Morti: "If.. another Aes Sedai got the Tar'angreal... one of the Black Sisters... they could use the Balefire as well..?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:32:51 2007] : (373) Rhian: "By and large, you have less to fear from one such as me than a wilder or a male channeler, especially a male untrained in the Power."
[Sun Nov 18 00:32:57 2007] : ** (371) Thom shakes his head, "And you chose to join a group with so many twists, turns, and different viewpoints? And here you want to get back to it as well." **
[Sun Nov 18 00:33:31 2007] : (373) Rhian: "In fact," (archly) "I should have more to fear from YOU. Your sword is a dangerous thing."
[Sun Nov 18 00:33:56 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I am unsure if I want to return in light of what your friend has told me."
[Sun Nov 18 00:34:27 2007] : (371) Thom: "So some say." Thom pauses, looking at Morti, "What did he say to change your mind?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:35:24 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Oh, that a new Amyrlin has been elected, that the old one has fled, that there has been a schism in the Tower and that chaos rules the city. And that he lies in a dungeon at the bottom of the Tower because of his own foolishness."
[Sun Nov 18 00:35:53 2007] : (373) Rhian: "And the new Amyrlin is none other than Elaida." (grimaces)
[Sun Nov 18 00:36:24 2007] : ** (375) Morti forms a deep frown on his clothen visage, "What did he do, to be put in the dungeon?" **
[Sun Nov 18 00:36:38 2007] : (371) Thom: "What? Oh great..."
[Sun Nov 18 00:36:57 2007] : ** (371) Thom rubs his forehead. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:37:58 2007] : (373) Rhian: "It seems that your friend came to the Tower with a tale that alarmed the Sisters, except that he went about his investigations the wrong way. Asking an Aes Sedai about the existence of the Black Ajah is almost the same as opening a bag filled with scorpions."
[Sun Nov 18 00:38:43 2007] : (366) Dj Gilcrease: (( better to just stomp on it until they are all dead? ))
[Sun Nov 18 00:38:48 2007] : (371) Thom: "Damn, I was afraid that he would speak. Sometimes, he can be as bad as Morti here with his mouth."
[Sun Nov 18 00:39:14 2007] : (373) Rhian: "He interrogated an Accepted, spoke to the Mistress of Novices and was made to see the Amyrlin because of the urgency of his request. And Elaida threw him in the dungeon after berating the Mistress for wasting her time."
[Sun Nov 18 00:39:30 2007] : ** (375) Morti casts a frown to Thom's comment **
[Sun Nov 18 00:39:43 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I would have gone about it differently of course."
[Sun Nov 18 00:39:48 2007] : (371) Thom: "Sorry Morti, but you know what I mean."
[Sun Nov 18 00:40:02 2007] : ** (375) Morti gives a meek nod. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:40:09 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Elaida is a Red who makes others of her order seem like novices."
[Sun Nov 18 00:40:50 2007] : (371) Thom: "As would I. So, with what you know of this Elaida, how likely is she to allow someone access, even limited, to the library?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:40:53 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I have had a lot to think about."
[Sun Nov 18 00:41:05 2007] : (373) Rhian: "WHAT?!"
[Sun Nov 18 00:41:23 2007] : (373) Rhian: "You can't seriously be thinking of looking in the Tower's library?!?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:42:53 2007] : (375) Morti: "Bad idea?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:43:06 2007] : (371) Thom: "Uh, yeah. I thought that had been mentioned to you, apparently not. I was going to try to read what I could about Ringrist, bartering with information about our time with the d'Ambervilles - which I thought might interest and Aes Sedai."
[Sun Nov 18 00:43:31 2007] : (373) Rhian: "You could try. But I doubt you would succeed."
[Sun Nov 18 00:43:39 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): Woah Oneiros is very interesting
[Sun Nov 18 00:43:41 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Elaida hates dealing with men with a passion."
[Sun Nov 18 00:44:05 2007] : (375) Morti: "Hmm.. I could use a spell to look like a woman, if that helps."
[Sun Nov 18 00:44:41 2007] : (371) Thom: "Then I guess not."
[Sun Nov 18 00:45:37 2007] : (380) Daelan: " Just because one looks like a female does not mean you know how to act liike a female Morti.''
[Sun Nov 18 00:45:42 2007] : (371) Thom: "Speaking of Ringrist, have you had enough time to think about the attacker we faced earlier?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:45:57 2007] : (371) Thom: "Oh, hey Daelan, didn't hear you come up."
[Sun Nov 18 00:46:00 2007] : (373) Rhian: "If you want to go to the Tower, I shall not stop you. However, I doubt I shall be returning there."
[Sun Nov 18 00:46:25 2007] : (373) Mercia: (whispering): which attacker?
[Sun Nov 18 00:46:32 2007] : ** (375) Morti nods to Dael, but looks to Rhian, "Where will you be going then?" **
[Sun Nov 18 00:46:39 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: (whispering): I love how you incorporated Elder Scroll series to the Setting. I am a big fan of the Elder Scroll.
[Sun Nov 18 00:46:43 2007] : (371) Thom: (whispering): the one that I think is a Forsaken.
[Sun Nov 18 00:46:46 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Why, with you, naturally. But not to the Tower."
[Sun Nov 18 00:46:52 2007] : (380) Daelan: " My appologizes,moving quietly is a trait one does not quit easily.''
[Sun Nov 18 00:47:02 2007] : (371) Thom: (whispering): "Darenne"
[Sun Nov 18 00:47:12 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Someone has to keep you from interacting with the Forsaken."
[Sun Nov 18 00:47:39 2007] : (371) Thom: "Well, we do need to go nonetheless, we have to somehow help Sevis."
[Sun Nov 18 00:47:45 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Nov 18 00:47:46 2007] : (366) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): You might want to have her mention that Sevis specificly told her to avoid the tower and not worry about freeing him
[Sun Nov 18 00:48:00 2007] : (371) Thom: "Is that another branch of the Aes Sedai?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:48:20 2007] : (380) Daelan: " So Sevis has managed to get himself thrown into the Aes Sedai dungeon?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:48:23 2007] : (373) Rhian: "He mentioned that we should specifically avoid the Tower and that he doesn't need our help."
[Sun Nov 18 00:48:50 2007] : (375) Morti: "He doesn't?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:48:59 2007] : (371) Thom: "Oh? Did he also mention where and when we should meet up with him then?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:49:00 2007] : (373) Rhian: "That was his message."
[Sun Nov 18 00:49:23 2007] : (371) Thom: "I guess that means no boat trip then Morti."
[Sun Nov 18 00:49:53 2007] : (373) Rhian: "The Forsaken? Yes. They were once Aes Sedai but broke their oaths and sealed themselves to the Dark One."
[Sun Nov 18 00:49:59 2007] : ** (375) Morti scratches his head. "Aren't we still going to Nith'tar'valon to meet the Aes Sedai though?" **
[Sun Nov 18 00:50:08 2007] : (371) Thom: "That is, if we believe the message. I really want to, but I worry that Sevis doesn't understand what he has gotten himself into."
[Sun Nov 18 00:50:39 2007] : (373) Rhian: "It seems that, based on your description of the one who called herself 'Darenne', that you spoke to the Forsaken known as Semirhage."
[Sun Nov 18 00:51:12 2007] : (371) Thom: "So, they are Black Ajah? I thought that few Aes Sedai believed in the Black Ajah, so why would they have another name as well?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:51:23 2007] : ** (373) Rhian turns serious. "They are worse than Black Ajah. Far worse." **
[Sun Nov 18 00:51:45 2007] : (371) Thom: "And by worse, you mean powerful, don't you?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:53:00 2007] : (373) Rhian: "After we leave here, you will call yourselves by a new name. If you are to go to Nith'Tar Valon, and it seems that you will, then I shall not risk being made to return to the Tower if Elaida rules it, and you will need to avoid being captured or pressed into service."
[Sun Nov 18 00:53:08 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Correct."
[Sun Nov 18 00:53:42 2007] : (375) Morti: "Pressed into service..?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:54:37 2007] : (380) Daelan: " It would be like all the other things that have been placed in front of us Morti,if you wish to rescue Sevis you must do this task for us here at the tower.''
[Sun Nov 18 00:54:55 2007] : (373) Rhian: "The Amyrlin has decreed that all able-bodied men who live in the gate towns of Felanost and Dashain shall enter into the service of the Amyrlin as members of the Tower Watch."
[Sun Nov 18 00:55:20 2007] : (375) Morti: "But.. we don't live there. We're just visiting."
[Sun Nov 18 00:55:34 2007] : (371) Thom: "We will have to discuss about going to Nith'Tar Valon still. As far as Darenne, or Semirage, is concerned - I felt as though she was quite powerful. After all, she seemed to recogonize Ringrist, but was not threatened by it. That eyeless creature we fought out in the ruins didn't know it, but was quite afraid of it once cut."
[Sun Nov 18 00:55:47 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Of course you are. But the press gangs don't take no for an answer."
[Sun Nov 18 00:55:57 2007] : ** (372) Atross comes upstairs, opening the door to join the conversation, seeing as no one else has stayed down in the common room. **
[Sun Nov 18 00:56:24 2007] : (372) Atross: "This sounds like an awfully familiar conversation. Wasn't it like this somewhere before?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:57:54 2007] : (375) Morti: "Hmmm.... You think Elaida may be working with the Tempest?"
[Sun Nov 18 00:58:34 2007] : (371) Thom: "Oh good. Since we are all up here, we have to decide our next move. Obviously, we were planning on heading to Nith'Tar Valon to drop off Rhian Sedai, and check on some things while there. Now that Rhian does not wish to return, we have to decide if we are going there or not."
[Sun Nov 18 00:58:42 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I doubt it."
[Sun Nov 18 00:59:15 2007] : (371) Thom: "Same here. After all, Andress was trying to cut off Nith'Tar Valon."
[Sun Nov 18 00:59:35 2007] : (371) Thom: (( going for a smoke quick. ))
[Sun Nov 18 01:00:10 2007] : (375) Morti: "What do yo think they'll do to Sevis then?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:03:24 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Most likely, they'll forget about him."
[Sun Nov 18 01:04:11 2007] : (375) Morti: "That seems kind of strange."
[Sun Nov 18 01:04:15 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Elaida's first order of business will be to secure her rule within the Tower and to present a unified front to all. The Tower must not fall. It must seem as if there has been a continuity of rule from one Amyrlin to the next."
[Sun Nov 18 01:04:36 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I doubt she will have any time to see to the fate of a fool."
[Sun Nov 18 01:05:15 2007] : (375) Morti: "oh..."
[Sun Nov 18 01:06:15 2007] : (371) Thom: "Which might be part of how Sevis believes he can take care of himself. After all, Tektite might be able to help him escape."
[Sun Nov 18 01:06:39 2007] : (373) Rhian: "But if you wish to go to the Tower, then I shall not stop you. However, if you go there, you will no longer be known by yourselves."
[Sun Nov 18 01:07:03 2007] : (371) Thom: "Other than Sevis, what real reason do we have to go there?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:07:47 2007] : (373) Rhian: "No, you will call yourselves with a name of your choosing, with a history contrived so that if someone were to ask you, you would be from somewhere else." (looks at all of you, making sure to rest her gaze on Daelan)
[Sun Nov 18 01:07:49 2007] : (375) Morti: "Hmmm.. I was kind of hoping to get in touch with the sisters... to leave something with them... but..." :groans in thought:
[Sun Nov 18 01:09:10 2007] : (371) Thom: "I was hoping to as well Morti, but if it is unlikely that Elaida would meet with us males, what good would it do?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:09:11 2007] : (375) Morti: "If they're just randomly pressing men into service, would it matter what we call ourselves?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:09:59 2007] : (373) Rhian: "It matters a great deal. You need to enter the gate town somehow. And people talk."
[Sun Nov 18 01:10:36 2007] : (380) Daelan: " I have no interest in speaking to anyone in the tower,I am going merely because the others are or were.''
[Sun Nov 18 01:10:52 2007] : (371) Thom: "Before we worry about new names, does anyone have a pressing reason as to why we should still go?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:11:32 2007] : (380) Daelan: " Though if they are unwilling to speak to males,I wonder if they would be interested in speaking to a Quessir,though I somehow doubt they would be willing.''
[Sun Nov 18 01:12:32 2007] : ** (371) Thom looks to Morti and Atroos for any reasons. **
[Sun Nov 18 01:12:41 2007] : (371) Thom: (( *Atross ))
[Sun Nov 18 01:13:24 2007] : (375) Morti: "Well.. I would like to make sure Sevis gets out alright.. Other than that.. well.. it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.."
[Sun Nov 18 01:13:42 2007] : (380) Daelan: " I thought the only reason for going there was to drop off Rhian and for you all to seek information,now it seems the only viable reason to go would be to try and rescue your friend.''
[Sun Nov 18 01:14:02 2007] : (372) Atross: "I just think we need to catch up to Sevis. He's a little out of place here, even if he escapes the dungeons somehow."
[Sun Nov 18 01:14:12 2007] : ** (375) Morti looks to Rhian, asking, "Are there any other Aes Sedai in the ciy who might help us, if Elaida and her followers won't?" **
[Sun Nov 18 01:14:24 2007] : (371) Thom: "That's what I have been saying Daelan. Although Sevis claims to not need help, I worry about him."
[Sun Nov 18 01:15:39 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I know of one or two. Veran Sedai might, if she has not fled."
[Sun Nov 18 01:16:25 2007] : ** (373) Rhian looks at Thom. "That sword of yours must be hidden once we enter the gate town." **
[Sun Nov 18 01:16:42 2007] : (375) Morti: "That would be nice. At least she might be able to explain better what is happening, and how Elaida took over. Maybe she has opposition or something, right?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:16:58 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I won't have every Tower Watchguard or Aes Sedai coming down around our heads because of an unsheathed ter'angreal."
[Sun Nov 18 01:17:00 2007] : (371) Thom: "Of course, that was the plan since before we even got to this town."
[Sun Nov 18 01:17:26 2007] : (373) Rhian: "See to it then." (curtly)
[Sun Nov 18 01:19:06 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Now then, there is the matter of how you choose to travel to the Tower."
[Sun Nov 18 01:19:48 2007] : (371) Thom: "So, we are still going? Sorry, but why?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:19:50 2007] : (373) Rhian: "You can go by road, or by boat, or by using the Ways. Each has its distinct advantages and disadvantages."
[Sun Nov 18 01:20:15 2007] : (375) Morti: "Which way's the fastest?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:20:33 2007] : (373) Rhian: "The Ways, of course. But there are dangers."
[Sun Nov 18 01:20:49 2007] : (375) Morti: "Hmmm... second fastest..?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:21:14 2007] : (373) Rhian: "By riverboat. Assuming you can get past the spirit of the Bridge of Voices."
[Sun Nov 18 01:21:54 2007] : (373) Rhian: "The advantage of riverboat is that it leads directly to the Tower City itself, without the need to pass through a gate town."
[Sun Nov 18 01:22:04 2007] : (375) Morti: "You'd figure they'd do something about a spirit disrupting a major throughway
[Sun Nov 18 01:22:43 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Except that once we are at port, you will need to climb the Thousand Steps to gain entrance to the city itself."
[Sun Nov 18 01:23:11 2007] : (375) Morti: "What's the thousand steps?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:23:21 2007] : (373) Rhian: "The story is that the Bridge is haunted. If you believe in tales like that."
[Sun Nov 18 01:23:28 2007] : (375) Morti: "Are there really a thousand of them?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:25:51 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Nith'Tar Valon is a city that was constructed using the One Power and flies above the ground on platforms made of Air. The base of the city is supported by a pinnacle of solid Earth, around which have been carved stone steps that descend to a landing in the river. Those are the Thousand Steps. The city is also connected to the mainland by a bridge woven of Spirit, Air and Fire known as the Bridge of Light. The Bridge is powered by the One Power and the moons of Andurin and is a wonder to behold."
[Sun Nov 18 01:26:44 2007] : (375) Morti: "Wow.. I have to see that."
[Sun Nov 18 01:27:00 2007] : (380) Daelan: " If I may,when did all this take place? The new person stepping into power? The capturing of Sevis take place? And the sudden sealing off of the tower from all men?''
[Sun Nov 18 01:28:15 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Elaida led the coup about a week or so ago. Sevis' capture occurred three days ago."
[Sun Nov 18 01:28:53 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I did not know of any of this until he and I had a conversation in tel'aran'rhiod."
[Sun Nov 18 01:29:00 2007] : (375) Morti: "Did everyone just go along with it?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:29:29 2007] : (373) Rhian: "As I said, there was a schism in the Tower. Siuan, the old Amyrlin, fled, with all of the Blue Ajah."
[Sun Nov 18 01:29:56 2007] : (380) Daelan: " So all of this took place while Andress was here doing whatever she was doing here,now that map seems to be making more sense than ever Morti,perhaps it had something to do with things that have taken place or were going to.''
[Sun Nov 18 01:29:58 2007] : (373) Rhian: "I imagine there have been a few other Sisters that have left with them."
[Sun Nov 18 01:30:49 2007] : (375) Morti: "Do you think your friend in the city would know where Siuan might have fled to?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:31:07 2007] : (373) Rhian: "Possibly."
[Sun Nov 18 01:31:09 2007] : (371) Thom: "Assuming she had any idea about the events Daelan. Of course, this change at Nith'Tar Valon wight have also been what made Andress drop her plans and leave."
[Sun Nov 18 01:32:16 2007] : (380) Daelan: " Or perhaps all of these things had to take place in order for her to leave Thom.''
[Sun Nov 18 01:32:41 2007] : (371) Thom: "Perhaps, but either way - the map is useless now."
[Sun Nov 18 01:35:35 2007] : (375) Morti: "Hmmm..." :looks to Rhian: "What about The Tower's attitude toward visiting diplomats. If a Citadel Magus like Drenla or me arrives would they still be able to press them into service or turn them away?"
[Sun Nov 18 01:36:32 2007] : (375) Morti: "Probably have to be Drenla. I don't even have a staff yet to prove my position."
[Sun Nov 18 01:37:03 2007] : (373) Rhian: "
[Sun Nov 18 01:37:08 2007] : (375) Morti: :mumbles in addition something about not being born yet either:
[Sun Nov 18 01:37:31 2007] : (373) Rhian: "That might be an opening, but your names would need to be changed."
[Sun Nov 18 01:38:11 2007] : (373) DM: (and on that note, I need to stop here because I need to be up in 7 hours.)
[Sun Nov 18 01:38:30 2007] : (375) Morti: (gotcha)
[Sun Nov 18 01:38:40 2007] : (371) Zane: So, now can anyone tell me why we are still going to the Tower?
[Sun Nov 18 01:38:46 2007] : (373) DM: (we'll resume in 2 weeks. after next session, we'll resume Mel Nethra.)
[Sun Nov 18 01:39:10 2007] : Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Nov 18 01:39:11 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
[Sun Nov 18 01:39:27 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: I thought you wanted to rescue DJ's hide. ^^
[Sun Nov 18 01:39:29 2007] : (372) Donovan: I'm thinking.
[Sun Nov 18 01:39:47 2007] : (380) Daelan: so no game next weekend?
[Sun Nov 18 01:39:59 2007] : (372) Donovan: Assuming Sevis can get out, he'll be heading north, naturally. And if he can't, then...
[Sun Nov 18 01:40:31 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: T day weekend is next weekend
[Sun Nov 18 01:40:31 2007] : (371) Zane: Thom doesn't. Well, he wants to believe Sevis in his claim that he will be fine.
[Sun Nov 18 01:41:17 2007] : (371) Zane: And with a new Amrylin, to get to Sevis we would have to admit that we know him, at which point it is just as likely that we would be thrown in with him.
[Sun Nov 18 01:41:41 2007] : (366) Dj Gilcrease: Thats why Sevis wants you to stay away =P
[Sun Nov 18 01:42:28 2007] : (371) Zane: Exactly. If the old Amrylin was around - we could try talking. But from what Rhian as said, Thom diesn't look forward to talking to Elaida or any of her friends.
[Sun Nov 18 01:43:32 2007] : (371) Zane: So, the only reason we have for going is to try to help Sevis. Who is in the dungeon of the Tower itself. And who requested that we not come.
[Sun Nov 18 01:44:12 2007] : (371) Zane: That he doesn't need our help. So, why should we go? I hate to keep asking, but I haven't heard a reason yet, much less a good reason.
[Sun Nov 18 01:44:21 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: well let's see
[Sun Nov 18 01:44:31 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: you wanted to go look in the library about Ringrist
[Sun Nov 18 01:44:43 2007] : (371) Zane: which according to Rhian - won't happen.
[Sun Nov 18 01:44:48 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: Morti had something similar I believe
[Sun Nov 18 01:45:03 2007] : (371) Zane: although I though we had mentioned that plan in front of her before, but maybe she was passed out...
[Sun Nov 18 01:45:06 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: that's a separate issue from why you want to go
[Sun Nov 18 01:45:38 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: you don't know that it won't happen
[Sun Nov 18 01:45:47 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: even I don't. ^^
[Sun Nov 18 01:45:52 2007] : (371) Zane: yeah, but Morti hasn't said exactly what it is. Right now, Thom has given up on accessing the Tower's library at the current time.
[Sun Nov 18 01:47:01 2007] : (371) Zane: True, but Thom had a plan based on the information he had gotten from Drenla about speaking with the Amrylin. Now that's it someone completely different with a very different attitude - he doesn't feel as though it will work.
[Sun Nov 18 01:47:03 2007] : (366) Dj Gilcrease: Sevis is the main one who wanted to spend time in the Tower and he has found out more then he wanted to know
[Sun Nov 18 01:47:29 2007] : (371) Zane: Exactly. Thom had some ideas, because they were going to be there.
[Sun Nov 18 01:47:37 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: by the way, alleyway.cat wants to join the Sat game so you'll see an e-mail from him eventually about Bob and the interview. I'm headed to bed. send me an e-mail with whatever you decide.
[Sun Nov 18 01:47:46 2007] : (375) Morti: Well, Morti has a "message in a bottle" idea, of leaving a letter with the Aes Sedai for his sister in the future, who is taking the test of the shawl in our time. If we can't reach the tower though, he might be able to leave it with Rhian later to delive to the tower, or with Siuan, if we find her.
[Sun Nov 18 01:47:47 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: :)
[Sun Nov 18 01:48:18 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: alleyway -- you have no idea what you're about to enter into.
[Sun Nov 18 01:48:29 2007] : (371) Zane: So, would Morti be willing to wait to leave the message? After all, leaving it now or in three months would have no difference, right?
[Sun Nov 18 01:48:35 2007] : (375) Morti: welcome alley, and g'nite stan
[Sun Nov 18 01:48:40 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: I'm working on Bob. I kind of pooped but as soon as I wake up tomorrow I'll put more into him.
[Sun Nov 18 01:48:57 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if you talk to the new guy, send me a transcript after please and your impressions
[Sun Nov 18 01:49:01 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): cc the players
[Sun Nov 18 01:49:03 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nite
[Sun Nov 18 01:49:06 2007] : (373) TaliesinNYC: nite
[Sun Nov 18 01:49:07 2007] : (390) alleyway.cat: Thank you. I think that is what makes it exciting TaliesinNYC
[Sun Nov 18 01:49:23 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Nov 18 01:49:24 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms