Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
1 user online
0 Registered
0 Hidden
1 Guest
Registered Users: None


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Nov 10 21:30:50 2007] : (240) J

[Sat Nov 10 21:30:50 2007] : (240) J.C. (enter): 21:30
[Sat Nov 10 21:30:50 2007] : (241) Zane (enter): 21:30
[Sat Nov 10 21:30:50 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 21:30
[Sat Nov 10 21:30:50 2007] : (243) Lunauc (enter): 21:30
[Sat Nov 10 21:30:50 2007] : (246) Donovan (enter): 21:30
[Sat Nov 10 21:30:59 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (247) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Nov 10 21:31:02 2007] : (241) Zane: There he is. Just missing Drew...
[Sat Nov 10 21:31:53 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease has sent you a tree node...
[Sat Nov 10 21:32:48 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (68) DM: A short passage that leads to a flight of stone steps leading up. Flickering torchlight can be seen up above. Cries in the distance.
** (66) Thom opens the door fully, making sure that someone else grabs the door before it closes, and steps through the doorway. He glances back at the other side of the door before moving into the hallway enough to give room for the others. **
(62) Morti: (multiple cries? human dries? male cries? female cries? pained cried? .. happy cries..? 0.o)
** (53) Cael follows Thom through the door, holding it for the next person. **
(68) DM: (you can't tell, given that the passages are stone and lots of echoes)
** (74) Daelan steps in behins Cael,holding the door for the next person. **
(57) Atross: "Got something to use to keep this open?"
(62) Morti: "Hmmm..." :to his servant: "Hold the door."
(68) DM: (it does)
(62) Morti: :grins: "Hey, I got it to do something." :noticing how incompotent he makes himself sound: "Nevermind." :follows along:
** (66) Thom moves up the stairs slowly, peering over them to what's beyond. **
(68) DM: Two flights of stairs descend to the south, ending at a set of massive stone doors embossed with horribly contorted faces. Four deep alcoves, two in the middle landing and two at the bottom of the stairs, line the hall.

The walls here are adorned with repellent symbols and designs save for the north wall, which is marked with four large signs painted in blood.

The signs depict from west to east: a twisted flame, a spiked orb infused with lightning, a cracked screaming face and a downward pointing spike. Beneath each sign is a lever set into the wall.

Someone has etched a rune resembling a whip into each lever's tip and all levers are currently in the "up" position.
(68) DM: (at U27)
** (66) Thom looks over the signs and the levers. "Does this scream trap to anyone else?" **
(53) Cael: "Well, it definitely isn't subtle."
** (74) Daelan moves over to the wall that is covered in blood,checking to see if it is fresh. **
(57) Atross: "I think it's a riddle. On the other hand, seeing the rest of this place, even the right answer won't be pleasant."
whispering to Daelan, nope
(66) Thom: "Most likely. Of course, we could avoid it for now, but those massive stone doors seem like a good destination."

[Sat Nov 10 21:33:00 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (from shortly before the end of last session)
[Sat Nov 10 21:33:49 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 10 21:33:49 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): I couldnt think of anything specific Sevis wanted to find out. Other then poking around to see if he can make an educated guess as to how many Black Ajah are in the tower or anything the could prove usefull/detremental to the groups main quest
[Sat Nov 10 21:34:16 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): more than 1 and less than a handful
[Sat Nov 10 21:34:20 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): how's that?
[Sat Nov 10 21:34:28 2007] : ** (241) Thom looks over the four signs and the levers. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:36:23 2007] : (241) Thom: "Well, it isn't going to go anywhere, so..."
[Sat Nov 10 21:36:40 2007] : ** (241) Thom moves to the lever at the sign of the twisted flame and moves it into the off position. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:36:54 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): hows what?
[Sat Nov 10 21:37:00 2007] : ** (241) Thom then waits for any noises and visual effects of the moved lever. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:37:28 2007] : (247) DM: Nothing happens.
[Sat Nov 10 21:37:36 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): never mind
[Sat Nov 10 21:38:25 2007] : (241) Thom: "Be right back, wait here." Thom starts to move down the first set of stairs, searching for any traps on the stairs or the first landing.
[Sat Nov 10 21:41:44 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 10 21:41:44 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): Hmm, it seems to be the Thom show tonight...
[Sat Nov 10 21:42:04 2007] : ** (243) Morti groans, as Thom heads off to check the door. Standing around, listening to cries in the distance was not doing well for his nerves. Impatiently he eyed the switches and their symbols, his focus settling on the cracked, twisted face thoughtfully. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:43:33 2007] : (247) Rhian: "Sevis." (sighs and mutters) "What are we going to do with you?"
[Sat Nov 10 21:44:25 2007] : ** (247) Rhian purses her lips thoughtfully as she gazes at the levers, still lost in thought. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:44:44 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): Thom find any traps?
[Sat Nov 10 21:45:43 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you don't seem to see any.
[Sat Nov 10 21:46:39 2007] : ** (241) Thom makes it past the first set of stairs and onto the first landing, he takes a moment to look at the two alcoves, wondering if there might be clues as to which alcove corresponds to which sign. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:46:39 2007] : (243) Morti: :glances curiously to Rhian: "Sevis...?"
[Sat Nov 10 21:48:19 2007] : (247) Rhian: "Your friend has gotten himself into a heap of trouble."
[Sat Nov 10 21:48:44 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): They seem to be rather bare.
[Sat Nov 10 21:49:04 2007] : (243) Morti: "Huh?... Sevis has...?"
[Sat Nov 10 21:49:29 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): I take it the archways that appear to be there on the map are not actually seen?
[Sat Nov 10 21:50:40 2007] : (247) Rhian: "Yes, he has." (raises her head as she peers around at the levers)
[Sat Nov 10 21:51:35 2007] : (243) Morti: "Eh..." :pauses, a bit confused: "How do you know..?"
[Sat Nov 10 21:52:13 2007] : (247) Rhian: "It seems your friend is...skilled in the One Power for someone who has not been trained. It is quite worrisome, but that is a separate issue considering the circumstances he's in now."
[Sat Nov 10 21:52:39 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not unless you go down into the alcoves
[Sat Nov 10 21:52:51 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can see something that appears to be an archway
[Sat Nov 10 21:52:51 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): k - just making sure. :-)
[Sat Nov 10 21:53:07 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but details require investigation by stepping into the alcoves due to the gloom
[Sat Nov 10 21:53:15 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): that works, just wanted to make sure I didn't see into more rooms or anything.
[Sat Nov 10 21:53:19 2007] : (243) Morti: "Huh? But I thought you said his power was something different than the one power..."
[Sat Nov 10 21:53:39 2007] : (243) Morti: "You know what's happened to him?"
[Sat Nov 10 21:53:43 2007] : (247) Rhian: "Did I? Perhaps I was mistaken."
[Sat Nov 10 21:53:49 2007] : ** (247) Rhian shrugs. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:54:09 2007] : ** (241) Thom turns from the alcoves at the first landing and begins to make his way down the second set of stairs and to the double doors, still checking for more traps as he goes. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:54:26 2007] : (247) Rhian: "He is a man. Males use saidin, females use saidar. The two halves of the Power."
[Sat Nov 10 21:55:08 2007] : (243) Morti: "But... I've never seen him use the weave.Are you sure?"
[Sat Nov 10 21:55:28 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Several traps at the bottom of the stairs, both mechanical and magical.
[Sat Nov 10 21:56:10 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): do they all appear to be active still, or does one maybe seem like it's turned off?
[Sat Nov 10 21:56:24 2007] : ** (247) Rhian turns to peer at Morti. "Quite." **
[Sat Nov 10 21:56:32 2007] : ** (241) Thom stops on the last stair, studying the floor in front of the doors intently. **
[Sat Nov 10 21:56:44 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): One might be, but you're not sure.
[Sat Nov 10 21:57:10 2007] : (243) Morti: "How? What's happened to him? And why haven't you said anything until now?"
[Sat Nov 10 21:57:18 2007] : (247) Rhian: "In any event, he has a message for us, and also one for me. I'll explain later."
[Sat Nov 10 21:57:32 2007] : (247) Rhian: "I have had a great deal to think about."
[Sat Nov 10 21:57:58 2007] : (243) Morti: "Huh..?"
[Sat Nov 10 21:58:18 2007] : ** (241) Thom looks back to those at the top of the stairs. "Can you all flip the rest of those levers for me?" **
[Sat Nov 10 21:59:35 2007] : ** (243) Morti turns from Rhian, on Thom's call, asking, "All of then?" **
[Sat Nov 10 21:59:54 2007] : (241) Thom: "Except the flame one, I got that one already."
[Sat Nov 10 22:00:43 2007] : ** (243) Morti nods and flips the switch with the twisted cracked face symbol first **
[Sat Nov 10 22:01:02 2007] : (247) Rhian: "Use of the Power does not always result in a visible manifestation. There are talents that allow those skilled in their practice to visit others in dreams, for example. Your friend spoke to me last night. But I will explain later."
[Sat Nov 10 22:01:14 2007] : ** (241) Thom waits on the last stair for them to all get flipped. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:01:48 2007] : (243) Morti: :if nothing happens he flips the others as well:
[Sat Nov 10 22:02:00 2007] : (249) Daelan (enter): 22:02
[Sat Nov 10 22:02:02 2007] : (247) DM: One of the levers refuses to budge. It appears to be locked in place.
[Sat Nov 10 22:02:06 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (249) Daelan...
[Sat Nov 10 22:02:23 2007] : (243) Morti: (which one?)
[Sat Nov 10 22:02:35 2007] : (247) DM: (downward pointing spike)
[Sat Nov 10 22:03:06 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): mechanical trap is still active from what you can determine
[Sat Nov 10 22:03:23 2007] : (247) DM: (bring Daelan up to speed please)
[Sat Nov 10 22:03:47 2007] : ** (243) Morti gives a few futile tugs on the stuck lever, before kneeling down to see if something is jammed in the slit. "Hey.. this one's stuck!" **
[Sat Nov 10 22:04:49 2007] : ** (241) Thom watches Morti. "Ok, three out of four isn't bad." Thom then turns back to the floor, looking it over and working some. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:04:53 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): goona try to disable it then.
[Sat Nov 10 22:05:12 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): after I think I disabled it, search for traps again to see if still there.
[Sat Nov 10 22:05:33 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's still active.
[Sat Nov 10 22:06:02 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): try disble once more then.
[Sat Nov 10 22:06:27 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): are the four traps like side by side, so we could walk around one if needed?
[Sat Nov 10 22:07:24 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 3 on the doors themselves, the last covers the entire section of floor in front of the doors
[Sat Nov 10 22:07:54 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): ahh, and where is the mechanical one?
[Sat Nov 10 22:10:02 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the entire section of floor in front of the doors (pit trap)
[Sat Nov 10 22:10:14 2007] : (249) Daelan: " Is there some way I can aide you Morti?"
[Sat Nov 10 22:10:56 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): appears to be pressure activated? basically, I want to try springing it if my second disable doesn't work.
[Sat Nov 10 22:11:28 2007] : ** (243) Morti sighs and steps back. "Well. you can try to pull it. I can't get it to move." **
[Sat Nov 10 22:11:57 2007] : ** (249) Daelan slings his bow,then grasps the handle and tries to pull it **
[Sat Nov 10 22:12:09 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Nov 10 22:12:20 2007] : (247) DM: It's stuck.
[Sat Nov 10 22:12:28 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): or, even if I think it does, just to make sure. :-)
[Sat Nov 10 22:13:45 2007] : (243) Morti: "Hmmm... maybe it goes up instead."
[Sat Nov 10 22:13:54 2007] : ** (249) Daelan pushes down on it then tries to lift it. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:14:51 2007] : (247) DM: It doesn't budge.
[Sat Nov 10 22:16:32 2007] : (243) Morti: "Hmmm.. downwarded pointed spike." :thinks a moment before suggesting: "Maybe we have to drive the level into the wall like a spike!" ^_^
[Sat Nov 10 22:16:51 2007] : ** (249) Daelan steps back from the lever. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:17:26 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): just let me know when I get it one way or another.
[Sat Nov 10 22:18:40 2007] : (249) Daelan: " Then by all means do so Morti.''
[Sat Nov 10 22:18:45 2007] : ** (249) Daelan unslings his bow **
[Sat Nov 10 22:19:22 2007] : (243) Morti: "Or maybe that's just what they want us to do.... hmmm..."
[Sat Nov 10 22:20:31 2007] : (249) Daelan: " Who are they you speak of Morti?"
[Sat Nov 10 22:20:44 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well your second disable doesn't get it
[Sat Nov 10 22:20:50 2007] : ** (243) Morti looks to Daelan, and shrugs **
[Sat Nov 10 22:20:53 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so if you want to spring it, it's up to you.
[Sat Nov 10 22:21:35 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): yeah - two failures, maybe I just can't do it. Obviously, since I know about it, I should be able to position myself where I can srping it, but not fall in - yes?
[Sat Nov 10 22:22:15 2007] : (249) Daelan: " You are an odd little Human Morti.''
[Sat Nov 10 22:22:43 2007] : (243) Morti: :grimaces: "I know."
[Sat Nov 10 22:23:35 2007] : (246) Atross: "Whoever built this and knows its purpose."
[Sat Nov 10 22:24:05 2007] : ** (243) Morti grabs the stuck lever, seeing if it pull out from or pushes in to the wall **
[Sat Nov 10 22:24:16 2007] : (249) Daelan: " I would have to say that those who built this place are down those stairs and behind those doors,for that is where the screaming is coming from.''
[Sat Nov 10 22:24:29 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yup
[Sat Nov 10 22:24:52 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): then let's do that. After that, I can try to figure a way around the open pit...
[Sat Nov 10 22:25:01 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): :-P
[Sat Nov 10 22:26:26 2007] : (247) DM: It doesn't budge. However, there's a wrenching, grating sound behind you.
[Sat Nov 10 22:26:38 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): An entire section of floor swings downward
[Sat Nov 10 22:26:53 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): revealing a spike-lined pit directly where the ground used to be
[Sat Nov 10 22:26:55 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 10' deep
[Sat Nov 10 22:27:01 2007] : ** (249) Daelan turns towards the sound,raising his bow as he does so. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:27:24 2007] : ** (240) J.C. turns to find the srouce of the noise. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:27:26 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's really no way for you to cross the floor and open the double doors ahead unless you can fly...
[Sat Nov 10 22:27:30 2007] : ** (241) Thom sits on the bottom stair, looking into a pit where there a moment ago was floor. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:27:31 2007] : ** (240) Cael turns to find the srouce of the noise. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:28:03 2007] : (243) Morti: "Eh.. Thom.. are you alright?'
[Sat Nov 10 22:28:36 2007] : (241) Thom: "Yeah, since the lever was stuck I decided to spring the last trap."
[Sat Nov 10 22:28:43 2007] : (241) Thom: "It's safe now. In fact, Morti - I got a job for you."
[Sat Nov 10 22:29:13 2007] : (243) Morti: "Wha-what kind of job?"
[Sat Nov 10 22:29:58 2007] : (241) Thom: "Those boots allow you to float, right? So, you could float a little, get pushed across the pit, and open the door."
[Sat Nov 10 22:30:34 2007] : (243) Morti: "Huh?"
[Sat Nov 10 22:30:40 2007] : (241) Thom: "The traps on the door are already taken down, thanks to the other levers."
[Sat Nov 10 22:30:54 2007] : (246) Atross: "Then that door had a lot of traps."
[Sat Nov 10 22:31:04 2007] : (241) Thom: "A few, yeah."
[Sat Nov 10 22:31:06 2007] : ** (243) Morti heads down the stairs to glimpse down the pit to see what Thom wants. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:31:40 2007] : (247) DM: You hear an anguished scream the likes of which you've never heard before. It's quite near.
[Sat Nov 10 22:31:42 2007] : ** (241) Thom points out to Morti the 10 foot deep spike filled pit that takes up the entire area in front of the double doors. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:32:01 2007] : (247) DM: It's long and drawn out. Whomever it is is in utter agony.
[Sat Nov 10 22:32:31 2007] : (241) Thom: "Can't you float and get pushed over the pit? Once you open the door, the rest of us should be able to make it across, but we need somewhere to land. And it sounds like we should hurry."
[Sat Nov 10 22:33:09 2007] : ** (243) Morti looks up to the door with worry, upon hearing the pained scream. With a nod to Thom, he activates the boots and floats just barely above the ground." **
[Sat Nov 10 22:34:11 2007] : ** (241) Thom puts his hands on Morti and gently, but wth some power still, pushes Morti across the pit. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:34:32 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 10 22:34:32 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Aside from that, Morti should be able to crawl along the ceiling by floating up.
[Sat Nov 10 22:35:03 2007] : (247) Voice: "Quickly! Complete the ritual!"
[Sat Nov 10 22:35:18 2007] : (247) DM: It sounds like Andress...
[Sat Nov 10 22:35:26 2007] : (241) Thom: "Everyone else, get ready - we jump."
[Sat Nov 10 22:35:35 2007] : ** (243) Morti uses he staff to push away from the ledge for some extra oomph to reach. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:35:41 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): though there's something strange about her voice as well that you can't pinpoint.
[Sat Nov 10 22:36:01 2007] : (249) Daelan: " Do I get to kill her now Thom?"
[Sat Nov 10 22:36:06 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): ahh, maybe the effects of the spell Drenla mentioned... :-)
[Sat Nov 10 22:36:36 2007] : (241) Thom: "Stop the ritual, but I still have questions."
[Sat Nov 10 22:36:55 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no, something else....
[Sat Nov 10 22:37:13 2007] : (249) Daelan: " So I can wound her.''
[Sat Nov 10 22:37:25 2007] : (241) Thom: "Yes."
[Sat Nov 10 22:37:58 2007] : ** (249) Daelan smiles **
[Sat Nov 10 22:38:12 2007] : (249) Daelan: " Hear that Atross we can wound her.''
[Sat Nov 10 22:38:23 2007] : ** (241) Thom shakes his head, just hoping Morti can hurry. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:38:27 2007] : ** (246) Atross moves down the stairs, making space to run and jump across the pit. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:38:56 2007] : ** (241) Thom backs up the stairs as well, preparing to go as soon as he can. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:39:19 2007] : ** (240) Cael steps back, changing into a wolf. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:40:16 2007] : ** (243) Morti , if he didn't reach the door with the initial push, uses his staff like an oar, on the walls, cieling, or reached back to allies to push him toward the doors, **
[Sat Nov 10 22:44:19 2007] : (247) DM: You hear a sickening crunch as the screams cease. A complex series of chants ensues.
[Sat Nov 10 22:45:03 2007] : (241) Thom: (( it takes Morti that long to cover the 5 foot long pit? ))
[Sat Nov 10 22:45:20 2007] : (241) Thom: (( long, wide, whatever. ))
[Sat Nov 10 22:45:35 2007] : (247) DM: (nope but you still need to get the doors open and they're locked)
[Sat Nov 10 22:45:54 2007] : (243) Morti: (so I did reach the doors?)
[Sat Nov 10 22:45:58 2007] : (247) DM: (yes)
[Sat Nov 10 22:46:22 2007] : (247) DM: (but there's hardly any clearance that would prevent falling into the now open pit.)
[Sat Nov 10 22:48:20 2007] : (241) Thom: (( levitating, he wouldn't need clearance, would he? ))
[Sat Nov 10 22:48:59 2007] : (247) Andress: ((of course not. you howerver might.))
[Sat Nov 10 22:49:24 2007] : ** (243) Morti tries opening the doors, obviously failing, if they're locked. So.. he hustles to try something more... forceful. pulling a bit of mica from his pocket, and rushes through a quick enchantment , before pressing the mica to his lips, and blowing through it, releasing a high pictched whistle.(Casting shatter, targeted on the locking mechanism of the door to destrroy it) **
[Sat Nov 10 22:49:42 2007] : (247) DM: ((you however might. how are you going to get the door open?))
[Sat Nov 10 22:49:56 2007] : (247) DM: ((sec))
[Sat Nov 10 22:50:03 2007] : (243) Morti: (PLan B. ^_^)
[Sat Nov 10 22:50:11 2007] : (241) Thom: (( that's why Thom hadn't gone over, he knew there was no room. ))
[Sat Nov 10 22:50:38 2007] : (243) Morti: (I can shatter upto an 80 lb object with a targeted spell.. how much could a lock weight?)
[Sat Nov 10 22:50:49 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3] => [18,3] = (21)
[Sat Nov 10 22:51:10 2007] : (247) DM: (not much, but it does get a save I believe)
[Sat Nov 10 22:51:34 2007] : (240) Cael: ( Will negates )
[Sat Nov 10 22:51:49 2007] : (247) DM: (I need a DC)
[Sat Nov 10 22:52:02 2007] : (243) Morti: (what will does a lock have? o.0)
[Sat Nov 10 22:52:13 2007] : (243) Morti: (dc 16)
[Sat Nov 10 22:52:42 2007] : (247) DM: (are you suggesting that I ignore the rules?)
[Sat Nov 10 22:53:14 2007] : (243) Morti: (heh? just find it funny)
[Sat Nov 10 22:53:30 2007] : (246) Atross: ((Anything magical gets to make saves. Surprisingly, I think if someone were holding the lock on the other side, that'd let it make saves even non-magical. =D))
[Sat Nov 10 22:53:49 2007] : (247) DM: (we should really save this for after the session. anyway, nothing happens because it made it's save.)
[Sat Nov 10 22:54:07 2007] : (247) DM: (the spell description doesn't differentiate)
[Sat Nov 10 22:56:08 2007] : (243) Morti: (maybe but it still doesn't make sense unelss the lock itself is magic.. nvm()
[Sat Nov 10 22:56:15 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): according to the spell description, objects get a save regardless of how the spell is used if either as a target attack or as an aoe
[Sat Nov 10 22:56:42 2007] : (241) Thom: (( fine - we move on. At least we tried to save the poor soul. ))
[Sat Nov 10 22:57:29 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): unless I'm reading it wrong
[Sat Nov 10 22:57:37 2007] : ** (243) Morti groans aloud, presumably rather than swear, as his spell achieves nothing. Turning back to Thom, the boy does all he can in a quick pinch, lowering his levitation down a bit and offering his staff as a step for the rogue to reach the door quick **
[Sat Nov 10 22:57:47 2007] : (249) Daelan: " Perhaps you could give your boots to Thom,Morti.''
[Sat Nov 10 22:58:11 2007] : (243) Morti: "WHO HAS TIME FOR CLOTHES SWAPS! HURRY!!"
[Sat Nov 10 22:58:34 2007] : ** (241) Thom follows Morti's lead and crosses over, hoping that Morti's plan works. **
[Sat Nov 10 22:59:13 2007] : (243) Morti: (hmm.. I wonder if my staff needs a fort save to hold him... hmmm...)
[Sat Nov 10 22:59:21 2007] : (243) Morti: (hehehe)
[Sat Nov 10 22:59:49 2007] : (247) DM: (I don't know what you want me to do. I have to adjudicate a situation and the rules aren't exactly a great help.)
[Sat Nov 10 22:59:53 2007] : (247) DM: (moving on)
[Sat Nov 10 23:00:46 2007] : (241) Thom: (( so jump check to cross the pit, and then use the staff as extra footing room, just to clarify. ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:00:47 2007] : (249) Daelan: " You would be wise to silence your voice Morti,lest she hear you and know we are here.''
[Sat Nov 10 23:01:00 2007] : (241) Thom: Jump: [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Sat Nov 10 23:01:40 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Nonmagical, unattended objects do not have a will and cannot make will saves, they can only make Fort Saves
[Sat Nov 10 23:01:44 2007] : (247) DM: It's a success (albeit barely).
[Sat Nov 10 23:01:52 2007] : (243) Morti: (You're jumping on Morti..? I thought it was a 5' pit. Figure I take that space and you just step in)
[Sat Nov 10 23:02:01 2007] : (241) Thom: (( I'll take any success at this point. :-) ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:02:09 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and I'd never have known that based on the spell description
[Sat Nov 10 23:02:14 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/injury.htm (Dealing Damage to Objects)
[Sat Nov 10 23:02:23 2007] : ** (243) Morti gives a surprised groan, as he is pounced on. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:02:25 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): why bother with having a Will save descriptor then?
[Sat Nov 10 23:02:29 2007] : (241) Thom: (( oh, didn't think Morti was 5' wide... ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:02:39 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): great, more garbage for me to be familiar with
[Sat Nov 10 23:02:42 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Because attended objects used their owners will save
[Sat Nov 10 23:03:09 2007] : ** (241) Thom lands, somehow, and quickly gets to work on the lock. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:03:13 2007] : (247) DM: (DJ corrected me. The lock shatters, so ignore the actions of few minutes.)
[Sat Nov 10 23:03:16 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Eg someones sword cannot be shattered without a will save by the person holding the sword
[Sat Nov 10 23:03:23 2007] : (243) Morti: (well... if he's floating in the middle of the gap, the staff-step would onyl be about 2-3' away)
[Sat Nov 10 23:03:30 2007] : (243) Morti: (....)
[Sat Nov 10 23:03:46 2007] : (241) Thom: (( I still want to use that jump check, since I make it then. :-P ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:04:07 2007] : (243) Morti: (Are you sure you want to turn back now?)
[Sat Nov 10 23:04:53 2007] : (247) DM: (you got it open, didn't you?)
[Sat Nov 10 23:05:07 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I gotta love 3.5 D&D
[Sat Nov 10 23:05:13 2007] : (243) Morti: (:shrug: Okay then. Thank you)
[Sat Nov 10 23:05:37 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever
[Sat Nov 10 23:05:39 2007] : ** (243) Morti rushes to open the door for the others to jump through. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:05:57 2007] : ** (241) Thom leaps across as soon as Morti opens the door to allow a place to land. He leaps across the short distance and moves into the room, drawing out his rapier. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:06:09 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a nonmagical object is still a nonmagical object regardless of whether it's being held or not
[Sat Nov 10 23:06:11 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but whatever
[Sat Nov 10 23:06:21 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): alright, we got in the room - that's the important thing. :-)
[Sat Nov 10 23:06:21 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ya, they just like to confuse us.
[Sat Nov 10 23:07:17 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): I think the idea is that an attended item is part of the person attending it. But I agree it makes little to no sense.
[Sat Nov 10 23:07:41 2007] : (247) DM: (sec, describing things)
[Sat Nov 10 23:15:22 2007] : (249) Daelan: (( test))
[Sat Nov 10 23:15:32 2007] : (241) Thom: (( still here ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:15:50 2007] : (249) Daelan: (( I think the dm has froze))
[Sat Nov 10 23:15:55 2007] : (247) DM: This enormous triangular chamber is illuminated by a sickly red light emanating from the gaping maw of a great stone cauldron. The cauldron sits atop a 10' high granite platform with stairways leading up to it from either side.

The ceiling to the north is 20' tall and forms a balcony overlooking the rest of the chambe.r This balcony is supported by a pair of obsidian pillars carved to resemble horned demons clutching scourges and great blades. To the south, the ceiling soars to a height of 40'.

Standing in front of the cauldron are several monsters that seem to be in varying stages of decay. You see four enormous spiders, some of them with legs and eyes missing, a reddish-yellow creature with a single wavering antenna, a paddle-shaped tail and chitinous armor plating, and two putrid, ovoid horrors with spine-laced tentacles and great, gaping maws!

However, these horrors pale in comparison to the gaunt, 15' tall creature rising up from behind the cauldron and the shrivelled form of a woman trapped in its hollow ribcage. The creature cracks a wide smile, and the thing in its ribcage begins to shudder and wail.

Behind the cauldron and the monsters, in the throes of casting a complex spell, is Andress. Her back is to you. Yet, something about her seems vaguely, sinisterly familiar...

There is an altar in front of the cauldron. Laid atop it is a corpse of a man. The head is missing.

FInally in front of Andress, an oval shimmering image is in the process of forming. It looks like a city in which a hill figures prominently, atop which contains a citadel or a keep. A very familiar city. The city of Highkeep.

[Sat Nov 10 23:16:06 2007] : (247) DM: (as I said, I was busy describing)
[Sat Nov 10 23:16:13 2007] : (247) DM: (and I can type only so fast)
[Sat Nov 10 23:16:23 2007] : (243) Morti: (So I see.. well done)
[Sat Nov 10 23:17:30 2007] : ** (240) Cael barks at what he sees and leaps across the pit. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:17:34 2007] : (240) Cael: Jump: [1d20+2] => [1,2] = (3)
[Sat Nov 10 23:17:41 2007] : (240) Cael: (and falls in)
[Sat Nov 10 23:18:12 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Sat Nov 10 23:18:28 2007] : whispering to J.C., 8 impact damage, reflex to avoid being impaled by the spikes
[Sat Nov 10 23:18:30 2007] : (243) Morti: (reflex to grab Morti. or him to grab cael?)
[Sat Nov 10 23:18:55 2007] : (247) DM: (either)
[Sat Nov 10 23:18:57 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 10 23:18:58 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
[Sat Nov 10 23:19:19 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if the reflex save makes, you can ignore the falling damage
[Sat Nov 10 23:19:28 2007] : (243) Morti: Reflex save: [1d20+4] => [8,4] = (12)
[Sat Nov 10 23:19:41 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that's a failure, so you've avoided being impaled
[Sat Nov 10 23:19:47 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): Want me to roll another, or just use that 15?
[Sat Nov 10 23:19:52 2007] : (247) DM: (Reflex failed)
[Sat Nov 10 23:21:09 2007] : (247) DM: Your companion falls in, but narrowly avoids being impaled by a spike. Some of them appear to be coated with some kind of sickly green goo.
[Sat Nov 10 23:21:10 2007] : (243) Morti: (cale, rflx?)
[Sat Nov 10 23:22:00 2007] : (241) Thom: (( are we moving into init then? ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:22:19 2007] : (247) DM: ((that's entirely up to you))
[Sat Nov 10 23:22:44 2007] : ** (241) Thom moves up to Andress, with the plan to disrupt the spell. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:22:52 2007] : (247) DM: (init then)
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:09 2007] : (241) Thom: (( figured so. :-P ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:12 2007] : (241) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:15 2007] : (243) Morti: (well, if we get a surprise round the archers can get a couple shot sin first)
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:20 2007] : (240) Cael: Initiative: [1d20+3+4] => [20,3,4] = (27)
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:20 2007] : (243) Morti: (nvm then)
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:25 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:26 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): can I see her?
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:26 2007] : (241) Thom: (( if they are awake. ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:37 2007] : (243) Morti: init: [1d20+2] => [7,2] = (9)
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:45 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): of course
[Sat Nov 10 23:23:52 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and if you give me a moment, I need to set up
[Sat Nov 10 23:24:05 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): I fire as soon as I see her then
[Sat Nov 10 23:24:11 2007] : (241) Thom: (( hmm - use amazing luck to reroll my initiative. ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:24:14 2007] : (241) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15)
[Sat Nov 10 23:24:14 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): The pit is 10 ft. deep right? How high is the ceiling above that?
[Sat Nov 10 23:24:25 2007] : (241) Thom: (( for not much better... ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:24:41 2007] : (246) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [11,5] = (16)
[Sat Nov 10 23:27:02 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok, but please give me a moment to set up before doing anything
[Sat Nov 10 23:27:53 2007] : (243) Morti: Initiative: Moiraine: [1d20+2] => [10,2] = (12)
[Sat Nov 10 23:27:56 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): I won't do anything until you say I can
[Sat Nov 10 23:29:19 2007] : (247) Andress, the Great Mother: (the shaded area is where the pit is. the room is roughly to scale, +/- a few feet)
[Sat Nov 10 23:29:30 2007] : (247) DM: (stupid OpenRPG)
[Sat Nov 10 23:30:45 2007] : (247) DM: (where Andress is, the ceiling is 20' high. The rest of the chamber, the ceiling is 40' high. the dais she's on is 20' above the ground. stairs to either side of the dais climb up the sides. the rectangular thing is the altar.)
[Sat Nov 10 23:31:01 2007] : (240) Cael: (Thanks)
[Sat Nov 10 23:31:55 2007] : (247) DM: (the creature in the cauldron is in the circle thing)
[Sat Nov 10 23:32:43 2007] : (247) DM: (needless to say, all of the monsters are undead.)
[Sat Nov 10 23:36:40 2007] : (247) DM: (I need an init roll from Daelan)
[Sat Nov 10 23:36:44 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): I think it's safe to say we're ready when you are.
[Sat Nov 10 23:37:01 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Well, most of us are I guess
[Sat Nov 10 23:37:16 2007] : (249) Daelan: INIT: [1d20+2] => [18,2] = (20)
[Sat Nov 10 23:37:46 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [2] = (2)
[Sat Nov 10 23:37:53 2007] : (247) DM: (you get 1 surprise round)
[Sat Nov 10 23:37:54 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): By the by, can we see Andress from our position behind the pit?
[Sat Nov 10 23:38:03 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Nov 10 23:38:22 2007] : ** (249) Daelan fires as soon as he sees Andress. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:38:54 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what are you firing with?
[Sat Nov 10 23:38:58 2007] : (246) Atross: ((However, we'll see how Cael extricates himself from the pit first.))
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:00 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I mean the arrow
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:20 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): flame arrows
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:21 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll to hit
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:24 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): are they magical?
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:31 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): full attack?
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:36 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): are they magical?
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:41 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): and yes they are magical
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:44 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Nov 10 23:39:55 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): up to you
[Sat Nov 10 23:40:04 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [19,21] = (40) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,6,0] = (13)
[Sat Nov 10 23:40:04 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [15,16] = (31) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [6,3,1,0] = (10)
[Sat Nov 10 23:40:04 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [4,21] = (25) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [1,3,6,0] = (10)
[Sat Nov 10 23:41:30 2007] : (247) DM: She jerks forward and falls to her knees, her casting interrupted.
[Sat Nov 10 23:41:50 2007] : ** (240) Cael changes back to his original form, looking up, "That definitely could have gone better." **
[Sat Nov 10 23:41:54 2007] : (247) Andress: "Kill them! They must not be allowed to reach the portal!"
[Sat Nov 10 23:41:57 2007] : ** (241) Thom sees the forces before and swaps out his wielded weapon, selecting Ringrist instead of his rapier. "Nice shot" he calls back. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:41:58 2007] : (249) Daelan: " She is not dead yet Thom.'
[Sat Nov 10 23:42:08 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+2] => [8,2] = (10)
[Sat Nov 10 23:42:32 2007] : (247) DM: (any other actions?)
[Sat Nov 10 23:42:35 2007] : (243) Morti: "Portal..?" (spellcraft to id the spell she was casting)
[Sat Nov 10 23:42:47 2007] : (243) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [3,18] = (21)
[Sat Nov 10 23:42:51 2007] : (246) Atross: ((OH!))
[Sat Nov 10 23:42:58 2007] : (249) Daelan: ( From me no,I will stay here and fight.)
[Sat Nov 10 23:43:19 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, some kind of transport spell too complex for you to comprehend.
[Sat Nov 10 23:43:21 2007] : (241) Thom: (( sheathing a weapon is a move action, yes? ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:43:45 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Her voice is eerily familiar
[Sat Nov 10 23:43:49 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 10 23:43:49 2007] : (243) Morti: (whispering): the highkeep portal still visible?
[Sat Nov 10 23:43:58 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh yes
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:02 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): but I take it I can't exactly place it?
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:02 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's not going anywhere
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:15 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Int might help
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:17 2007] : ** (246) Atross takes careful aim and fires a single shot as Andress goes down, trying to subdue her. (that is, nonlethal damage.) **
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:24 2007] : (246) Atross: Standard Attack: One Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-4] => [9,10,5,2,2,1,-4] = (25)
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:25 2007] : (241) Thom: (( if so - I want to modify my surprise round action. ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:38 2007] : (247) Andress, the Great Mother: (hit)
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:43 2007] : (246) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [2,3,2,2,1] = (10) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:44 2007] : (247) DM: (hit)
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:49 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): Intelligence: [1d20+1] => [2,1] = (3)
[Sat Nov 10 23:44:52 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): or not...
[Sat Nov 10 23:45:51 2007] : ** (241) Thom sees the forces before and swaps out his wielded weapon, selecting Ringrist instead of his rapier as he moves off to the side so everyone can see into the room. "Nice shot" he calls back to Daelan. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:46:39 2007] : (247) DM: The sword gleams with an azure glow with flashes of silver.
[Sat Nov 10 23:46:52 2007] : (246) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((That'll be all I do then. I remember well the warnings about melee combat. It was a rather pointed message, after all.))
[Sat Nov 10 23:47:12 2007] : (247) DM: (ok, regular round then. Cael, 27)
[Sat Nov 10 23:47:26 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): and Ringrist is drawn. Yes, I know that using it might draw the attention of Darenne and her friends, but we kinda need it. Stupid Forsaken, messing with me.
[Sat Nov 10 23:48:08 2007] : ** (240) Cael looks up again and begins taking anothe form. This time an eagle, he flies up and into the room towards one of the empty corners. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:48:24 2007] : (240) Cael: (done)
[Sat Nov 10 23:48:26 2007] : (247) DM: (Dael, 20)
[Sat Nov 10 23:49:09 2007] : (247) DM: (note that now you cannot see Andress as she is on her knees and does not present a visible target to you, except for Cael who is above all of you.)
[Sat Nov 10 23:49:31 2007] : ** (249) Daelan fires at the Otyugh that is closest to him,making sure Andress does not stand up. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:50:01 2007] : (249) Daelan: ( the one with the rust monster next to it)
[Sat Nov 10 23:50:14 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [18,21] = (39) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [7,3,5,0] = (15)
[Sat Nov 10 23:50:14 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [19,21] = (40) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [1,3,6,0] = (10)
[Sat Nov 10 23:50:14 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [3,16] = (19) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [1,3,5,0] = (9)
[Sat Nov 10 23:50:18 2007] : (247) DM: The portal to Highkeep shimmers in the crimson light of the chamber. The details in the portal slowly coalesce and is in the process of coming into focus.
[Sat Nov 10 23:50:48 2007] : (247) DM: The creature roars as pieces of its decayed flesh burst into flame.
[Sat Nov 10 23:50:59 2007] : (247) DM: (Atr, 16)
[Sat Nov 10 23:51:14 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): could Andress be crited?
[Sat Nov 10 23:51:32 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): ok, the image of Highkeep is at the top of the stairs, right?
[Sat Nov 10 23:51:44 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): its on the dais
[Sat Nov 10 23:52:01 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): excuse me?
[Sat Nov 10 23:52:23 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): How far is it from me to the closest pillar holding up the balcony?
[Sat Nov 10 23:52:34 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 30'
[Sat Nov 10 23:52:43 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): I rolled a crit hit on Andress,did not roll to confirm
[Sat Nov 10 23:52:55 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll to confirm then
[Sat Nov 10 23:53:09 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): right - on the dias, on the other side of Andress - since it was in front of her and her back was to us.
[Sat Nov 10 23:53:34 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): correct
[Sat Nov 10 23:53:37 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): Thanks
[Sat Nov 10 23:53:47 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): Confirm: [1d20+21] => [16,21] = (37)
[Sat Nov 10 23:53:47 2007] : ** (246) Atross follows up Daelan's barrage with a volley of his own, peppering the assortment of monsters with arrows. **
[Sat Nov 10 23:53:53 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sat Nov 10 23:54:23 2007] : (246) Atross: ((Aiming at the wounded Otyugh, the Abomination, and one of the spiders, in that order.))
[Sat Nov 10 23:54:23 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): Damage: [3d8+9+2d10] => [3,4,2,9,6,7] = (31)
[Sat Nov 10 23:54:39 2007] : (246) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [20,10,5,2,2,1] = (40) Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [20,10,5,2,2,1] = (40)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1] => [11,5,5,2,2,1] = (26)
[Sat Nov 10 23:55:03 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (( nice 2 threats ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:55:13 2007] : (246) Atross: ((They're undead, so I won't bother with the crit rolls though.))
[Sat Nov 10 23:55:26 2007] : (246) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [5,3,2,2,1] = (13) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Sat Nov 10 23:55:28 2007] : (246) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [4,3,2,2,1] = (12) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Sat Nov 10 23:55:31 2007] : (246) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [6,3,2,2,1] = (14) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
[Sat Nov 10 23:55:50 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (( oh ya, boo on the undead ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:56:22 2007] : (241) Thom: (( if only we had someone here that could battle the rust monster with no fear... Oh yeah, he's in jail... ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:56:33 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (( lol ))
[Sat Nov 10 23:56:37 2007] : (243) Morti: (I can take that.)
[Sat Nov 10 23:57:20 2007] : (246) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Actually, with studded leather armor and a mostly unused buckler as my only metal? I think I'd manage.
[Sat Nov 10 23:57:32 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): (k)

[Sun Nov 11 00:00:30 2007] : (247) DM: The thing in the cauldron grins, its face a death's head visage. It gesticulates and suddenly, a beam of crimson light splits the ground directly in front of Thom, as an enormous arachnid humanoid with a body the size of a plow horse, begins emerging into the chamber. Its legs span more than 10 feet each.
[Sun Nov 11 00:00:57 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): sure - you had to ruin my plans...
[Sun Nov 11 00:01:20 2007] : (247) DM: (the bebilith won't emerge for another round, fyi)
[Sun Nov 11 00:01:39 2007] : (247) DM: (Thm, 15)
[Sun Nov 11 00:02:09 2007] : (241) Thom: (( so, someone could still move over that spot without problems, or would I need to go around? ))
[Sun Nov 11 00:03:21 2007] : (247) DM: ((you could probably stay there for one round as its not yet fully emerged from the Beyond yet))
[Sun Nov 11 00:04:21 2007] : ** (241) Thom moves past the spot where the creature is coming out, and moves past all the creatures to head up the stairs to the dias and where the image of Highkeep is forming. **
[Sun Nov 11 00:04:39 2007] : (247) DM: (Moir, 12)
[Sun Nov 11 00:04:59 2007] : (243) Morti: :moiraine will delay till after her master:
[Sun Nov 11 00:05:04 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): quick spot once up there to see if Andress is moving.
[Sun Nov 11 00:05:21 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she's slowly crawling towards the portal
[Sun Nov 11 00:05:50 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): then I want to stop my move between her and the portal
[Sun Nov 11 00:06:03 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): with 60 movement I should make it there...
[Sun Nov 11 00:06:40 2007] : (247) Andress: "You have lost! Lost! The Great Lord takes his faithful to his breast! We will not see each other again, fools!"
[Sun Nov 11 00:07:15 2007] : ** (247) Andress staggers weakly as she reaches the shimmering portal (only Thom and perhaps Cael can see this) **
[Sun Nov 11 00:07:32 2007] : (247) DM: (because of where they are in the room)
[Sun Nov 11 00:07:47 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): of course
[Sun Nov 11 00:07:49 2007] : (241) Thom: (( could I not get between her and the portal? That was the obvious intent of me coming up here. ))
[Sun Nov 11 00:08:02 2007] : (247) DM: ((I didn't say that))
[Sun Nov 11 00:08:21 2007] : (247) DM: (I said she reaches the shimmering portal. I didn't say she stepped through it.)
[Sun Nov 11 00:08:38 2007] : (241) Thom: (( ahh. Got it. ))
[Sun Nov 11 00:08:55 2007] : (247) DM: (...yet)
[Sun Nov 11 00:10:47 2007] : (241) Thom: "You're not gone yet Naedara." he says to the crawling woman.
[Sun Nov 11 00:12:38 2007] : (247) Andress: "Naedara? Naedara is dead. Henceforth, I shall be known as the Tempest for this world shall soon know the gathering storm of the Great Lord of the Dark!" (grins viciously)
[Sun Nov 11 00:12:59 2007] : (243) Morti: "Tempest?!"
[Sun Nov 11 00:13:11 2007] : ** (247) Andress embraces the Source as she staggers to her feet. **
[Sun Nov 11 00:13:20 2007] : (247) DM: (Morti, 9)
[Sun Nov 11 00:13:25 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): Damnit, I was afraid of that... Damn you. This also means her plans are threatening the Dark One's plans...
[Sun Nov 11 00:13:50 2007] : ** (243) Morti steps into the room, drawing the tabby from his pocket, to offer encouragingly, "Time to show them what we've worked toward." Giving the cat a final pet, he pulls a cocoon from his pocket, as he chants a deep thrumming chant. The cocoon shimmers, then warps, reaching out to wrap around Moiraine, enveloping her small form. PLacing it down to the floor quickly, Morti holds on at the form grows and pulses into a sack big enough to hold a couple horses, before the cocoon bursts, releasing a golden-furred dire lion beneath the mage, riding on his altered cat's back(polymorph) **
[Sun Nov 11 00:14:11 2007] : (247) DM: (nice)
[Sun Nov 11 00:14:49 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Damnit, Atross needs a custom swear.
[Sun Nov 11 00:15:02 2007] : (247) Andress: "It will give me great pleasure to claim you as my second victim for the Great Lord."
[Sun Nov 11 00:15:08 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): And with the Chaneller ability, I can feel the hairs on my arm rising or something, as Rand notes femal channelers?
[Sun Nov 11 00:15:27 2007] : ** (243) Moiraine rushes forth, with an order of her master, pouncing forth toward the Otyughon the left **
[Sun Nov 11 00:15:32 2007] : (243) Moiraine: Full attack: Claw: [1d20+3+7] => [19,3,7] = (29) Dmg: [1d6+7] => [5,7] = (12)
Claw: [1d20+3+7] => [16,3,7] = (26) Dmg: [1d6+7] => [2,7] = (9)
Bite: [1d20-2+7] => [14,-2,7] = (19) Dmg: [1d8+3] => [6,3] = (9)

[Sun Nov 11 00:15:35 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): Just to confirm, you handle combat rolls and such for summoned creatures and the like, correct.
[Sun Nov 11 00:15:39 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): saidin can't sense saidar though they can see weaves if they have the weavesight feat
[Sun Nov 11 00:15:44 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): talk to DJ
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:04 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I don't
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:06 2007] : (246) Atross: "Tar and thunder! Then this is the mortal that was called The Tempest."
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:15 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if its a creature you summon, you roll
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:21 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just send me a node with the details
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:31 2007] : (243) Moiraine: "Thom, we can't let her through!"
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:33 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Hmm, no. I'll think of something...
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:33 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): actually, you have it wrong here. let me get the page for you.
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:34 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): All right, in that case, I better do some looking.
[Sun Nov 11 00:16:58 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): then if that's what the book says, yes
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:13 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): http://wiki.andurin.com/index.php?title=Andurin:Channeling/Talents#Channeler
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:21 2007] : (243) Moiraine: (too bad I couldn't find a lioness mini)
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:25 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): "If you are male you can also detect female channelers upto twice your normal distance."
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:27 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I don't have access to the book at the moment and pdfs take too long
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:31 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:34 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:38 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): That's from the sites wiki
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:45 2007] : (241) Thom: "The Tempest? Why couldn't you just be another lakey?"
[Sun Nov 11 00:17:53 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Nov 11 00:18:29 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): first 2 rolls strike
[Sun Nov 11 00:18:39 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): injured otyugh?
[Sun Nov 11 00:18:56 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): women can't detect men, but some men can detect women.
[Sun Nov 11 00:19:09 2007] : (243) Moiraine: (whispering): was that one injured.. can't remember
[Sun Nov 11 00:19:16 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): probably
[Sun Nov 11 00:19:38 2007] : (247) DM: The otyugh collapses into a pile of rotting flesh.
[Sun Nov 11 00:19:51 2007] : (247) DM: (8, the creatures)
[Sun Nov 11 00:21:07 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Ok, what I mean is this. Only shoot her until she's down and unconcious, then we can deal with her however we must.
[Sun Nov 11 00:22:16 2007] : (247) DM: (so the other otyugh, the undead rust monster and the spider on the right attack Moiraine. the spider on the left heads over as well, to Morti. it moves rather slowly.)
[Sun Nov 11 00:22:34 2007] : (241) Thom: "Release the One Power Tempest, and I won't be forced to kill you here and now."
[Sun Nov 11 00:22:44 2007] : (247) DM: (Moir gets an AOO I believe against any applicable creatures)
[Sun Nov 11 00:23:18 2007] : (247) Andress: "The Tempest does not answer the bidding of lesser creatures!"
[Sun Nov 11 00:23:29 2007] : (243) Moiraine: Attack: Claw [1d20+3+7] => [20,3,7] = (30) Dmg: [1d6+7] => [2,7] = (9)
[Sun Nov 11 00:23:47 2007] : (243) Moiraine: (stupid undead without critical wounds)
[Sun Nov 11 00:24:22 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that was to which one?)
[Sun Nov 11 00:24:41 2007] : (243) Moiraine: (whispering): hmm.. rust monster I suppose
[Sun Nov 11 00:26:18 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): if she does try to cast a weave, I should get an AoO on her...
[Sun Nov 11 00:26:50 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [3,4] = (7),[1d20+4] => [14,4] = (18),[1d20+4] => [7,4] = (11)
[Sun Nov 11 00:27:48 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what's her new AC?
[Sun Nov 11 00:28:05 2007] : (243) Moiraine: (whispering): 20
[Sun Nov 11 00:28:06 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she'll have the opportunity next round
[Sun Nov 11 00:28:17 2007] : (247) Andress: The various undead abominations don't fare well against Moiraine.
[Sun Nov 11 00:28:28 2007] : (247) DM: (what she said)
[Sun Nov 11 00:28:34 2007] : (247) DM: (27, Cael)
[Sun Nov 11 00:28:40 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): ok - just wanted to remind you that he would have the chance, and would take it. :-)
[Sun Nov 11 00:29:25 2007] : (240) Cael: ( Can the Bebilith be hit now, or is it immune until its finished climbing out? )
[Sun Nov 11 00:30:10 2007] : (241) Thom: (( I think you have plenty of targets to choose from still... :-P ))
[Sun Nov 11 00:31:11 2007] : (247) DM: (it's still emerging)
[Sun Nov 11 00:31:21 2007] : (240) Cael: ( Okay )
[Sun Nov 11 00:31:46 2007] : (247) DM: (DJ can probably advise on creatures being summoned onto a plane)
[Sun Nov 11 00:32:02 2007] : (240) Cael: ( Yeah, I'll save that for a turn or two. )
[Sun Nov 11 00:32:33 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (( I figure if you can see part of it you can wound it. I dont know of any rules off the top of my head reguarding it ))
[Sun Nov 11 00:34:02 2007] : ** (240) Cael begins to screech and make strange motions with his talons. (( Flame Strike - Aimed at the square to the right of the spider closest to me, 10 ft radius, should hit both the Otyyugh and the spider. [10d6] => [6,3,4,2,5,2,1,3,3,2] = (31) Reflex DC19 )) **
[Sun Nov 11 00:34:40 2007] : (246) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((I believe those would be the ones where a summon monster spell is a full round spell, and doesn't take effect until the beginning of the caster's next turn.))
[Sun Nov 11 00:34:44 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+1] => [15,1] = (16)
[Sun Nov 11 00:34:49 2007] : (247) DM: (success)
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:14 2007] : (252) No Name (enter): 00:35
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:18 2007] : (252) No Name (exit): 00:35
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:18 2007] : (252) No Name (enter): 00:35
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:19 2007] : (252) No Name (exit): 00:35
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:19 2007] : (252) No Name (enter): 00:35
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:26 2007] : (240) Cael: (done - half damage by the way for save)
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:38 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): My thought is as long as you dont kill her she will get to HK when she need to
[Sun Nov 11 00:35:43 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): oops
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:08 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): heh
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:21 2007] : (247) DM: (Dael, 20)
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:23 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:24 2007] : (252) goldensaver: (whispering): could I spectate?
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:42 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): suit yourself
[Sun Nov 11 00:36:58 2007] : (252) goldensaver: (whispering): this is the labyrinth right?
[Sun Nov 11 00:37:01 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Zane asked me what I thought would happen if preventing Tempest from entering HK now would unmake history like killing her would
[Sun Nov 11 00:37:16 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah
[Sun Nov 11 00:37:22 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): paradoxes are impossible
[Sun Nov 11 00:37:31 2007] : ** (249) Daelan seeing Thom engaged with Andress,he concentrates his attacks on the abomination. **
[Sun Nov 11 00:37:32 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'll think of something I'm sure =P
[Sun Nov 11 00:37:45 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [1,21] = (22) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,6,0] = (13)
[Sun Nov 11 00:37:45 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [20,21] = (41) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,6,0] = (13)
[Sun Nov 11 00:37:45 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [17,16] = (33) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [6,3,5,0] = (14)
[Sun Nov 11 00:38:08 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): ya. thats why I said stoping her now would have no effect on history in the long run
[Sun Nov 11 00:38:09 2007] : (247) DM: (its immune to criticals)
[Sun Nov 11 00:38:18 2007] : (247) DM: (last 2 hit)
[Sun Nov 11 00:38:49 2007] : (247) DM: (Atr, 16)
[Sun Nov 11 00:40:57 2007] : ** (246) Atross continues firing in an attempt to neutralize the undead in the room. (Abomination, other Otyugh, and Cael's singed spider if it's alive, otherwise wherever the one I shot first skittered off it, it's getting it. Wow, that was long) **
[Sun Nov 11 00:41:07 2007] : (246) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [11,10,5,2,2,1] = (31) Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [15,10,5,2,2,1] = (35)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1] => [2,5,5,2,2,1] = (17)
[Sun Nov 11 00:41:25 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 2 hits right?
[Sun Nov 11 00:41:30 2007] : (246) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [8,3,2,2,1] = (16) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
[Sun Nov 11 00:41:30 2007] : (246) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [5,3,2,2,1] = (13) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [2] = (2)
[Sun Nov 11 00:41:32 2007] : (246) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [2,3,2,2,1] = (10) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Sun Nov 11 00:41:51 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): Looks that way, I don't think 17 hits the spider.
[Sun Nov 11 00:42:25 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): right
[Sun Nov 11 00:42:49 2007] : (247) DM: The other otyugh collapses into a heap.
[Sun Nov 11 00:43:04 2007] : (247) DM: (Thm, 15)
[Sun Nov 11 00:44:10 2007] : (241) Thom: "I warned you." He slaps out with Ringrist, smacking Andress with the flat of the blade a couple times.
[Sun Nov 11 00:44:16 2007] : (241) Thom: Ringrist full attack (subdual):
1st attack: [1d20+15-4] => [17,15,-4] = (28) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
2nd attack: [1d20+10-4] => [15,10,-4] = (21) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)

[Sun Nov 11 00:44:25 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [17,15] = (32)
[Sun Nov 11 00:44:49 2007] : (247) DM: The abomination gestures again and a ghostly taloned hand materializes in mid-air and heads directly to Atross. (touch attack, AC 32)
[Sun Nov 11 00:45:03 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 1 negative level
[Sun Nov 11 00:46:04 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): Wow, lucky roll for me then.
[Sun Nov 11 00:46:35 2007] : ** (247) Andress grits her teeth **
[Sun Nov 11 00:46:51 2007] : (247) Andress: (Moir, 12)
[Sun Nov 11 00:46:59 2007] : (247) Andress: (Moir, 12)
[Sun Nov 11 00:47:07 2007] : (247) DM: (Moir, 12)
[Sun Nov 11 00:47:24 2007] : (243) Morti: (she delayed after morti)
[Sun Nov 11 00:47:43 2007] : (247) DM: The demonic spider fully emerges into the room and chitters triumphantly.
[Sun Nov 11 00:47:58 2007] : (247) DM: (Andress, 10)
[Sun Nov 11 00:48:12 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): AOO
[Sun Nov 11 00:48:19 2007] : ** (246) Atross seems only a little worse for the spell, paling slightly as the ghostly hand sinks its talons into him. **
[Sun Nov 11 00:48:23 2007] : (241) Thom: Ringrist attack (subdual): [1d20+15-4] => [15,15,-4] = (26) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [3,5] = (8)
[Sun Nov 11 00:48:29 2007] : (247) Andress: "You do NOT understand."
[Sun Nov 11 00:48:44 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [7d12] => [8,6,12,9,8,2,10] = (55)
[Sun Nov 11 00:48:52 2007] : (241) Thom: (( oops - that was the AoO that was whispered for... just a little quick. :-P ))
[Sun Nov 11 00:49:21 2007] : ** (247) Andress spreads her hands, gritting her teeth through the pain as thin cords of fire lash out directly at Thom, threatening to asphyxiate him. **
[Sun Nov 11 00:49:35 2007] : (241) Thom: Weavesight: [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23)
[Sun Nov 11 00:49:44 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Relfex
[Sun Nov 11 00:49:59 2007] : (241) Thom: Reflex (WR): [1d20+12] => [4,12] = (16)
[Sun Nov 11 00:50:41 2007] : (241) Thom: (( Weavesight to know the weave, WR notation for while Wielding Ringrist. ))
[Sun Nov 11 00:50:58 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's a weave you've never seen before
[Sun Nov 11 00:51:07 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): failure
[Sun Nov 11 00:51:14 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): can't weavesight be used to learn it though?
[Sun Nov 11 00:51:16 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 55 flame damage
[Sun Nov 11 00:51:17 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ask DJ
[Sun Nov 11 00:51:24 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): 23 will ID 3rd level and lower weaves
[Sun Nov 11 00:51:47 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I have a feeling no due to the level of the weave she used
[Sun Nov 11 00:52:01 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he confirmed it
[Sun Nov 11 00:52:18 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): ok, but I tried. :-)
[Sun Nov 11 00:52:30 2007] : (247) Andress: "The Tempest does not heed lesser creatures!"
[Sun Nov 11 00:52:40 2007] : (247) DM: (9, Morti)
[Sun Nov 11 00:52:54 2007] : ** (243) Morti grins, "Good girl, but we can do better." In a series of drawn, calling invocation, Morti presses his hands to Moiraine's back. (casting Augment Familiar, concentration checks to cast mounted on defense) **
[Sun Nov 11 00:52:55 2007] : (243) Morti: Concentration Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [17,12] = (29)
[Sun Nov 11 00:52:56 2007] : (243) Morti: Concentration Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26)
[Sun Nov 11 00:53:56 2007] : ** (243) Moiraine quivers with new power, and with a tilt of her head, she looks to her new target, lunging at the overgrown abomination. **
[Sun Nov 11 00:54:10 2007] : (243) Moiraine: Full attack: Claw: [1d20+3+7+2] => [13,3,7,2] = (25) Dmg: [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
Claw: [1d20+3+7+2] => [19,3,7,2] = (31) Dmg: [1d6+7] => [2,7] = (9)
Bite: [1d20-2+7+2] => [14,-2,7,2] = (21) Dmg: [1d8+3] => [5,3] = (8)

[Sun Nov 11 00:54:29 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 2 hits
[Sun Nov 11 00:55:02 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it gets an AOO against her
[Sun Nov 11 00:55:08 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [15,15] = (30)
[Sun Nov 11 00:55:18 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): AC 30, Moiraine gets a negative level
[Sun Nov 11 00:55:37 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Sun Nov 11 00:55:40 2007] : (243) Moiraine: (whispering): ouch
[Sun Nov 11 00:55:45 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and 13 slash damage
[Sun Nov 11 00:56:30 2007] : ** (243) Moiraine growls angrily as the unnatural claw cuts at her. **
[Sun Nov 11 00:56:42 2007] : (247) DM: The abomination swivels in her direction and runs one sharpened talon under her belly, slashing at the dire lion.
[Sun Nov 11 00:57:04 2007] : (247) DM: (the beb, 9)
[Sun Nov 11 00:58:25 2007] : (247) DM: Whatever creature the abomination called forth from the Beyond skitters over to the dais and attacks Thom.
[Sun Nov 11 00:59:26 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+19] => [17,19] = (36)
[Sun Nov 11 00:59:33 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [2d6+9] => [6,6,9] = (21)
[Sun Nov 11 00:59:46 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): Ok - but if Thom is going to die, I'm still taking Tempest with me. :-)
[Sun Nov 11 00:59:50 2007] : (246) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Ask me if I'm surprised the spider demon was able to climb straight up the wall. Go on and ask.
[Sun Nov 11 01:00:13 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): AC 36, 21 damage, fort save
[Sun Nov 11 01:00:27 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there are stairs
[Sun Nov 11 01:00:28 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sun Nov 11 01:01:03 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): Then again, he might not get a chance. And here I was ready to fake fainting from her spell and allow her to leaqve on her own. fort - [1d20+7] => [11,7] = (18)
[Sun Nov 11 01:01:07 2007] : (247) DM: Rhian embraces the Source...
[Sun Nov 11 01:01:11 2007] : (247) DM: (27, Cael)
[Sun Nov 11 01:01:31 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): already unconcsious now from the attack, negative hit points - before whatever the fort is for.
[Sun Nov 11 01:01:34 2007] : ** (240) Cael glides over to the balcony, lands, and resumes his usual form. (done) **
[Sun Nov 11 01:01:52 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6] => [2] = (2)
[Sun Nov 11 01:02:09 2007] : (247) DM: (20, Dael)
[Sun Nov 11 01:02:27 2007] : ** (241) Thom falls over, succumbing to the effects of the spell and the creature's attack. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:03:14 2007] : ** (243) Moiraine gapes at the rogue's sudden fall, "THOM!" **
[Sun Nov 11 01:03:22 2007] : (243) Morti: (er)
[Sun Nov 11 01:03:23 2007] : (243) Morti: (er)
[Sun Nov 11 01:03:26 2007] : ** (243) Morti gapes at the rogue's sudden fall, "THOM!" **
[Sun Nov 11 01:03:55 2007] : ** (249) Daelan fires at the rust monster **
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:19 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): how many hp left?
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:23 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [13,21] = (34) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [4,3,5,0] = (12)
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:23 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+21] => [16,21] = (37) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [2,3,4,0] = (9)
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:24 2007] : (249) Daelan: Longbow, composite+3 (+2 Flaming Burst) Attack Roll: [1d20+16] => [5,16] = (21) ===> Damage: [1d8+3+1d6+0] => [1,3,2,0] = (6)
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:33 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:41 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): below -10?
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:45 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): -2
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:48 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:54 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): until I see the effects of the fart save
[Sun Nov 11 01:04:57 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): *fort
[Sun Nov 11 01:05:02 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 1 Con damage
[Sun Nov 11 01:05:33 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): that puts me at -11 then, from loss of hit points
[Sun Nov 11 01:05:36 2007] : (247) DM: It collapses into a pile of burning rotting flesh.
[Sun Nov 11 01:05:51 2007] : (247) DM: (Atr, 16)
[Sun Nov 11 01:06:12 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): strike that then
[Sun Nov 11 01:06:44 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): yeah - if Thom goes out for good, at least let him take Tempest or a Forsaken with him. :-P
[Sun Nov 11 01:07:09 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): -2 it is
[Sun Nov 11 01:07:16 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): ok.
[Sun Nov 11 01:07:24 2007] : (246) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((Hrmm.))
[Sun Nov 11 01:07:26 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I tend not to kill off PCs arbitrarily
[Sun Nov 11 01:07:56 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): I know. This is what I had planned before the Beblith came up: "/me feels the intense heat of Andress's spell and while trying to ignore the heat, he . And with that, his eyes roll back and he falls down, apparently succumbing to the spell and attack."
[Sun Nov 11 01:07:59 2007] : (246) Atross: "There's just no time left to delay then."
[Sun Nov 11 01:08:24 2007] : ** (246) Atross runs forward and jumps across the pit, a pair of arrows already knocked when he lands on the other side and fires at... **
[Sun Nov 11 01:08:26 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): Basically acting like I fell to her spell so she could pass by. With that spell I realized it was going to take to much to stop her.
[Sun Nov 11 01:08:44 2007] : (246) Atross: Jump: [1d20+10+3-2-1] => [15,10,3,-2,-1] = (25) *
[Sun Nov 11 01:08:58 2007] : (247) DM: The portal comes into focus and begins emanating an intense silvery glow.
[Sun Nov 11 01:09:24 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): I suppose it depends on what I can see from the other side. Would Andress be in sight even then?
[Sun Nov 11 01:10:08 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): She's on her feet and about to step inside the portal. Also she's 20' above you. A demonic spider-creature is next to her.
[Sun Nov 11 01:11:13 2007] : ** (246) Atross fires at the spider-like creature looming over his fallen comrade. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:11:20 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [7,15] = (22),[1d20+15] => [1,15] = (16)
[Sun Nov 11 01:11:30 2007] : (246) Atross: Point Black Attack: Manyshot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1-4+1-1] => [18,10,5,2,2,1,-4,1,-1] = (34)
[Sun Nov 11 01:11:50 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+15] => [13,15] = (28)
[Sun Nov 11 01:12:02 2007] : (246) Atross: Manyshot Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1+1] => [4,3,2,2,1,1] = (13) and [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [9,3,2,2,1] = (17) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [3] = (3) and [1d6] => [3] = (3)
[Sun Nov 11 01:12:27 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what are you attacking with?
[Sun Nov 11 01:12:31 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I mean your arrows
[Sun Nov 11 01:12:56 2007] : (241) Thom: (( hmm - going for a smoke since I'm out of it for a while. ))
[Sun Nov 11 01:13:00 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): Oh, steel.
[Sun Nov 11 01:13:08 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I see
[Sun Nov 11 01:13:42 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): Just the usual stuff, I don't go shooting cold iron or silvered arrows at every nasty thing I see! =P
[Sun Nov 11 01:13:44 2007] : (247) DM: The creature doesn't seem to be terribly injured by your arrows though they pierce its otherworldly hide in many places. It swivels around, mandibles clenching.
[Sun Nov 11 01:14:16 2007] : (247) DM: The ghostly hand that brushed you (Atross) a few seconds ago caresses your side. (AC 28, touch attack)
[Sun Nov 11 01:14:20 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 1 negative level
[Sun Nov 11 01:14:55 2007] : (247) DM: The abomination hops out of the cauldron it was in and lunges at Moiraine, trying to flay her alive. (AC 22 and miss)
[Sun Nov 11 01:15:13 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d6+9] => [4,9] = (13)
[Sun Nov 11 01:15:41 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): can I see Andress now?
[Sun Nov 11 01:15:43 2007] : ** (246) Atross swats at the hand, like some annoying insect. It's hard to tell in the otherworldly glow bathing the room, but Atross seems to be paler than before. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:15:52 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Moiraine gets 1 negative level and 13 slash damage if that struck her.
[Sun Nov 11 01:16:08 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): where are you?
[Sun Nov 11 01:16:19 2007] : (243) Morti: (whispering): ac is 22
[Sun Nov 11 01:16:29 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): if you're outside the room on the other side of the pit, just barely because of distance
[Sun Nov 11 01:16:49 2007] : (247) DM: (Moir, 12)
[Sun Nov 11 01:17:13 2007] : (243) Morti: (whispering): does he get two attacks if he's getting out of the cauldron, and would moir get an aoo for that?
[Sun Nov 11 01:18:00 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): one attack, sorry and yes she would
[Sun Nov 11 01:18:16 2007] : (243) Moiraine: Attack: Claw [1d20+3+7] => [8,3,7] = (18) Dmg: [1d6+7] => [1,7] = (8)
[Sun Nov 11 01:18:28 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): outside the room on the other side of the pit
[Sun Nov 11 01:18:42 2007] : (246) Atross: "If you're not too busy, Morti, would you happen to know why that spidery thing shrugged off my attack so casually?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:19:06 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can see her but you might suffer from a penalty if you were to strike her as she's no longer where she was standing when you first laid eyes on her
[Sun Nov 11 01:19:15 2007] : ** (243) Moiraine lunges forth onto the abomination, to wrestle it to the ground. Touch attack: [1d20+11] => [17,11] = (28) Grapple: [1d20+13] => [12,13] = (25) **
[Sun Nov 11 01:19:33 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): miss
[Sun Nov 11 01:19:39 2007] : (243) Moiraine: "Why?":calls back as he prepares a spell
[Sun Nov 11 01:19:52 2007] : (243) Moiraine: (whispering): the aoo, right?
[Sun Nov 11 01:19:57 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): clarification -- the 18 missed
[Sun Nov 11 01:20:01 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): can I jump the pit and still get to attack?
[Sun Nov 11 01:20:03 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the touch attack hits of course
[Sun Nov 11 01:20:21 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Nov 11 01:20:39 2007] : (249) Daelan: (whispering): then I will jump the pit when it is my turn.
[Sun Nov 11 01:21:44 2007] : ** (247) Andress turns around and exits into the portal, laughing hysterically. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:22:08 2007] : (247) DM: (9, Morti)
[Sun Nov 11 01:22:17 2007] : (246) Atross: "Why? So I can do something to stop it."
[Sun Nov 11 01:23:07 2007] : ** (243) Moiraine groans angrily as the witch makes her escape. Completing his spell(concentration checks)- **
[Sun Nov 11 01:23:08 2007] : (243) Moiraine: Concentration Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [9,12] = (21)
[Sun Nov 11 01:24:24 2007] : (243) Moiraine: -he lets loose a bolt of azure energy through the abomination's head and toward the bebilith. Lightning bolt: [8d6] => [6,6,3,2,4,3,3,5] = (32) (ref dc 17)
[Sun Nov 11 01:24:35 2007] : ** (247) Rhian reaches into her pocket and draws forth a slender obsidian wand as she spreads her hands and sends forth a stream of silver fire at the abomination. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:25:03 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+4] => [19,4] = (23)
[Sun Nov 11 01:25:10 2007] : (247) Rhian: (saves for half)
[Sun Nov 11 01:25:12 2007] : (246) Atross: "Or you could do something to stop it. Yeah that would work too."
[Sun Nov 11 01:25:16 2007] : (243) Moiraine: "It's probably resistant to fire.. or thick shelled enough to shrug it off!"
[Sun Nov 11 01:25:19 2007] : (247) DM: (saves for half)
[Sun Nov 11 01:25:50 2007] : (243) Morti: (shoulda been Morti doing all that btw....stupid alias)
[Sun Nov 11 01:27:23 2007] : (247) DM: While it manages to sidestep the bolt of lightning, it steps right into the wake of Rhian's stream of silver fire and vanishes in a haze of winking motes. Curiously, a phantasmal image of itself hovers in midair as if it's reluctant to disappear.
[Sun Nov 11 01:28:04 2007] : (247) DM: She falls forward and collapses into a heap, exhausted from the effort of her channelling. The spider creature vanishes as if it had never existed.
[Sun Nov 11 01:28:52 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): because the spider creature never existed, your injuries from its attack were reversed.
[Sun Nov 11 01:29:14 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): Balefire? Damn, go Rhian.
[Sun Nov 11 01:29:46 2007] : ** (240) Cael rushes to Thom's side, examining him. (( Heal Check [1d20+11] => [13,11] = (24) )) **
[Sun Nov 11 01:30:01 2007] : ** (241) Thom opens his eyes and quickly stands up. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:30:10 2007] : (247) DM: As Rhian falls to the ground, her fingers unclench and the rod she had been holding onto falls from her unconscious grasp.
[Sun Nov 11 01:30:11 2007] : ** (246) Atross looks around warily for a moment, ensuring the bothersome hand is also gone. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:30:25 2007] : (240) Cael: "Are you okay?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:30:26 2007] : ** (249) Daelan jumps the open area landing next to Atross. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:30:46 2007] : ** (241) Thom looking around, he sees things look very different then he remembers. "What happened?" **
[Sun Nov 11 01:30:51 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): your negative levels are restored
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:05 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Moiraine's injuries are reversed
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:07 2007] : (249) Daelan: Jump Skill Check: [1d20+12-2] => [8,12,-2] = (18) (includes Armor Penalty of -2)
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:13 2007] : (241) Thom: "I've been better, that spell of hers was quite powerful. Did she get away or something?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:17 2007] : (243) Morti: (whispering): sweet
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:28 2007] : (240) Cael: "Yes, she managed to get through the portal."
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:30 2007] : (243) Morti: (whispering): does that mean healed.. and MORE!!?
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:31 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but let me check with DJ just to make sure this is correct
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:47 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): she used a ter'angreal that made it possible for her to use balefire
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:55 2007] : ** (249) Daelan picks up the wand **
[Sun Nov 11 01:31:57 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and overchannelled and nearly stilled herself
[Sun Nov 11 01:32:00 2007] : ** (240) Cael continues to look Thom over, making sure he's as fine as he's acting. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:32:08 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Figured
[Sun Nov 11 01:32:09 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): what I need to know is what remains if balefire is used?
[Sun Nov 11 01:32:26 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): their injuries are reversed, correct?
[Sun Nov 11 01:32:34 2007] : (246) Atross: "
[Sun Nov 11 01:32:42 2007] : (246) Atross: "Yes, she got away."
[Sun Nov 11 01:32:42 2007] : (241) Thom: "How? She was just in front of me, and then, she was gone."
[Sun Nov 11 01:32:52 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): correct
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:00 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): correct
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:05 2007] : (243) Morti: (whispering): heh... just realised I wasn't adding the str bonus from augment familair to moiraine's attacks.
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:07 2007] : (240) Cael: "You were attacked, I wasn't sure if you were still alive or not."
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:24 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Anything it did in the last 2 rounds (Or up to 1 day depending on how powerful)
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:28 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): any damage she suffered at the hands of the abomination are as if they never occurred
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:34 2007] : (249) Daelan: " She entered the portal.''
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:39 2007] : (241) Thom: "Attacked? By what?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:47 2007] : (249) Daelan: " You should have let me kill her when I had the chance.''
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:48 2007] : (243) Morti: (whispering): ergo.. sweet.
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:48 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well if it was 1 day, Rhian would be dead.
[Sun Nov 11 01:33:52 2007] : (240) Cael: "That large spider creature, whatever it might have been."
[Sun Nov 11 01:34:12 2007] : (241) Thom: (( since to Thom the attack never happened, he doesn't remember it. Everyone else remained alive and rembers it. ))
[Sun Nov 11 01:34:14 2007] : (246) Atross: "You were out of it for a bit. The thing called from the cauldron has been destroyed though. Utterly so."
[Sun Nov 11 01:34:18 2007] : (243) Morti: "Do we go after her?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:34:37 2007] : (241) Thom: "No Dalaen, and no Morti."
[Sun Nov 11 01:35:33 2007] : (241) Thom: "I knew there was something familiar about her voice. She needed to get away. I was hoping we might still question her, but she was quite powerful."
[Sun Nov 11 01:35:35 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ya since it would cost her 39 WP to cast and I am guessing she is 10th level, thus can only channel 15 points on a single weave without over channeling and overchanneling for 24 points would be a Fort Save of DC 84 =P
[Sun Nov 11 01:35:55 2007] : ** (243) Morti grimaces with worry. The creases of his mask folding into an exaggerated frown. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:36:14 2007] : (240) Cael: "Well, if you are okay, I'd better check the others."
[Sun Nov 11 01:36:14 2007] : ** (241) Thom is very much up and moving, although there are rather bad burn marks around his throat and face from Andress' spell. ((for Cael)) **
[Sun Nov 11 01:36:22 2007] : (246) Atross: "From everything we know, we wouldn't be here now if the Tempest never made it to Highkeep."
[Sun Nov 11 01:36:29 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): For 2 rounds it would be a Fort Save DC 24
[Sun Nov 11 01:36:48 2007] : (241) Thom: "And Morti, we need to close the portal in Highkeep, and then kill her back in our time."
[Sun Nov 11 01:36:51 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): =P
[Sun Nov 11 01:36:57 2007] : (243) Morti: (the abomination was wiped out of existance too then?)
[Sun Nov 11 01:37:08 2007] : ** (240) Cael makes his rounds, checking everyone over, spending more time on Rhian Sedai than the others. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:37:16 2007] : ** (243) Morti nods, though his expression does not pick up any. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:37:39 2007] : (247) DM: (correct)
[Sun Nov 11 01:38:06 2007] : (246) Atross: "Though for all we know, she may hold a grudge against some of us."
[Sun Nov 11 01:38:10 2007] : (247) DM: The portal remains, though its silver glow begins to slowly fade.
[Sun Nov 11 01:38:13 2007] : ** (241) Thom casts a look down to Ringrist and with a sigh sheathes the weapon. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:38:31 2007] : ** (243) Moiraine gives a low growl, settling down to the floor to let Morti climb down. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:38:34 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): Should I just make one heal check to make sure of everyone's status and provide aid where need be?
[Sun Nov 11 01:39:05 2007] : ** (241) Thom turns and watches Highkeep as it fades from view. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:39:11 2007] : (247) DM: Looking over to where the abomination stood, there is the ghostly form of a human woman, clad in gleaming platemail. She looks at you sadly with a gentle smile.
[Sun Nov 11 01:39:39 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sure thing
[Sun Nov 11 01:39:40 2007] : (249) Daelan: " I do not doubt that she holds a grudge against some of you,perhaps even she even feels some hatred towards me as well.''
[Sun Nov 11 01:39:52 2007] : ** (243) Morti dismisses the transformation, allowing the raging lion to shift back down to the size of a cute tiny kitten, which he picks up in the crook of his arm. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:39:52 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): Heal Check [1d20+11] => [18,11] = (29)
[Sun Nov 11 01:39:55 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Rhian is unconscious though her hp are at full
[Sun Nov 11 01:40:19 2007] : (240) J.C.: (whispering): Figured as much, but I wouldn't be much of a healer if I didn't check.
[Sun Nov 11 01:40:28 2007] : (247) Shaunnra Silverhand: "Thank you for releasing me from my imprisonment inside the abomination."
[Sun Nov 11 01:41:05 2007] : (246) Atross: "You're welcome."
[Sun Nov 11 01:41:12 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "I suppose you might like some explanation, my friends."
[Sun Nov 11 01:41:12 2007] : ** (243) Morti returns his own sad expression to the ghostly knight. He offers her an awkward bow, and, "Your Welcome, Lady." **
[Sun Nov 11 01:41:28 2007] : ** (240) Cael stands, moving towards the ghostly image. "I gave your squire my word, I couldn't very well go back on it." **
[Sun Nov 11 01:41:57 2007] : ** (241) Thom mutters "Father" as the last images of Highkeep disappear from view. He finally turns from the portal and heads down the stairs. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:42:05 2007] : (240) Cael: "Any information you could give would be appreciated."
[Sun Nov 11 01:42:25 2007] : ** (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand nods slowly. "Words of honor that you have kept and he goes to his eternal rest at the side of the god." **
[Sun Nov 11 01:42:39 2007] : ** (243) Morti heads over to Rhian's fallen side, to make sure she is alright, while keeping a respectful amount of attention on the gracious ghost. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:43:42 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "The person who I once knew as Andress was my sister. She was a mage who studied much of the world and decided to walk the path of eternal power. She passed her Test and seized the road of personal glory."
[Sun Nov 11 01:45:04 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "However in her travels far from this village of Ruairi, she discovered that she possessed a talent beyond her wildest imaginings. She had the ability to channel and to that end, went to the White Tower to be trained."
[Sun Nov 11 01:45:29 2007] : ** (249) Daelan hands Morti the wand that fell from Rhian's hand. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:45:42 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "She passed and was elevated to the ranks of the Aes Sedai, but in the process, forswore her vows and became a disciple of the Lord of the Dark."
[Sun Nov 11 01:46:18 2007] : (243) Morti: "Eh..?" /me takes the wand... looking it over thoughtfully. (knowledge arcana?)
[Sun Nov 11 01:47:34 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "She who was once Andress took on a new name, Naedara, and returned to Ruairi in the guise of a priestess of Bralvanyr. She corrupted this village, hired a number of brigands, and built this secret temple beneath Ruairi, as well as took advantage of the catacombs and extended them."
[Sun Nov 11 01:48:23 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "Behold he who was blinded by the darkness." (gestures to the corpse atop the altar)
[Sun Nov 11 01:48:45 2007] : (246) Atross: "The bandit's leader?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:48:49 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "A nobleman who was secduced by promises of power and glory that came from her honeyed tongue."
[Sun Nov 11 01:49:13 2007] : (247) DM: It's Vael's body. His head is missing, and a dagger plunged in his heart.
[Sun Nov 11 01:49:44 2007] : (241) Thom: "Who was the Aes Sedai that travelled with you and your squire into the ruins outside of town?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:50:42 2007] : ** (243) Morti cringes at the sight, and drops to a weary seat beside Rhian. Resting Moiraine in his lap, he sits watching the apparition speak, a bit too tired to speak at the moment. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:50:51 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "Leanna Sedai, Accepted of the White Tower, though she would have soon been raised to the shawl."
[Sun Nov 11 01:52:02 2007] : (241) Thom: "And her squire said she turned on you, is that right?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:52:07 2007] : (241) Thom: (( *your, not her ))
[Sun Nov 11 01:52:20 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "She had sensed that there was something awry here in Ruairi and had travlled here unbeknownst to her Sisters. What Leanna and I did not count on was the treachery and vileness of Naedara."
[Sun Nov 11 01:52:56 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "She was briefly possessed by the creature you saw in the cauldron."
[Sun Nov 11 01:53:34 2007] : (241) Thom: "So, she did not actually tuen on you, that is good to hear. Where is she now?
[Sun Nov 11 01:53:40 2007] : (241) Thom: (( *turn ))
[Sun Nov 11 01:54:14 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "We travelled to the Fallen Tower and as we were investigating the ruins, a crone ambushed us, assisted by the abomination. We managed to beat them back but in the process, foul magicka corrupted Leanna and caused our betrayal at her hands."
[Sun Nov 11 01:55:05 2007] : ** (240) Cael grimaces at the mention of the crone. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:55:28 2007] : (241) Thom: "Well, the crone is no more now either, her betrayal has also been avenged."
[Sun Nov 11 01:55:59 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "I sense that she has fled far from here, ashamed of her actions though they were not her own. My squire, Marthos, died of his wounds shortly thereafter. Somehow I was defeated by the abomination, captured and slain, then my soul imprisoned within it. The rest you have seen."
[Sun Nov 11 01:56:55 2007] : (241) Thom: "Can you describe Leanna? That way, if we met her, we might be able to tell her of the result so that she can put the past at ease and forgive herself?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:56:57 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "Naedara planned on a siege of the White Tower but for her vows to her dark master which have diverted her attention."
[Sun Nov 11 01:57:50 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "She is slight of build and is as tall as a stout spear. Her hair is the color of flax and gold, and she has gentle eyes the color of emeralds."
[Sun Nov 11 01:58:53 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "I go now to my eternal rest. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Your deeds this day will not be forgotten."
[Sun Nov 11 01:59:07 2007] : (243) Morti: "Oh.. one more question.."
[Sun Nov 11 01:59:15 2007] : ** (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand nods gravely. **
[Sun Nov 11 01:59:17 2007] : ** (243) Morti eagerly calls out **
[Sun Nov 11 01:59:32 2007] : (243) Morti: "Do all paladins become ghosts?"
[Sun Nov 11 01:59:58 2007] : ** (241) Thom bows slightly to the shade of Shaunnra, letting her go once Morti asks his question. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:00:01 2007] : (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand: "Only if we are denied our rest eternal."
[Sun Nov 11 02:00:18 2007] : (246) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Technically, it's more common, but by no means often enough to say all. Charisma is an important statistic for ghosts though.
[Sun Nov 11 02:00:20 2007] : ** (247) The shade of Shaunnra Silverhand fades from sight. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:00:20 2007] : ** (240) Cael gives a salute and deep bow. "Rest well." **
[Sun Nov 11 02:00:33 2007] : (243) Morti: "Ah.. I see. Sorry then.. and Rest well." :bows:
[Sun Nov 11 02:01:08 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): knowledge arcana
[Sun Nov 11 02:01:16 2007] : (243) Morti: Knowledge: Arcana Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [4,18] = (22)
[Sun Nov 11 02:01:25 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): its unfamiliar to you
[Sun Nov 11 02:01:39 2007] : ** (241) Thom looks to the others, "We should let the acolytes know what happened. They will likely want to reconsecrate this place." **
[Sun Nov 11 02:02:02 2007] : (249) Daelan: " What about the farm?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:02:06 2007] : (247) DM: The portal vanishes.
[Sun Nov 11 02:02:22 2007] : ** (243) Morti nods. "Leds just hope the acolytes aren't blood-thirsty cultists too." **
[Sun Nov 11 02:03:07 2007] : (241) Thom: "They aren't. They were being abused by Andress, but thought she was who she said."
[Sun Nov 11 02:03:25 2007] : (241) Thom: "At least, some of them were."
[Sun Nov 11 02:04:04 2007] : (241) Thom: "As far as the farm, we chould leave that to the locals. The Aes Sedai would be quite interested in it I'm sure."
[Sun Nov 11 02:04:10 2007] : (241) Thom: (( *should ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:05:13 2007] : ** (243) Morti nods. "Right.. we have to hurry to Nith'tar valon anyway, to save Sevis." **
[Sun Nov 11 02:05:23 2007] : (241) Thom: ""Now, we can try to find our way upstairs, or head back to the inn and reach the temple from the street."
[Sun Nov 11 02:05:49 2007] : (241) Thom: "Save Sevis?" (( remember - Thom was concentrating on searching for traps when Rhian mentioned that.))
[Sun Nov 11 02:05:54 2007] : (249) Daelan: " Very well then let us be out of this dreary place,my eyes long to see the sky.''
[Sun Nov 11 02:06:51 2007] : (243) Morti: :nods to Thom: "Yeah.. Miss Rhian said he contacted her in a dream, to tell her that He was in trouble, because the found out he was a saidar."
[Sun Nov 11 02:07:37 2007] : (241) Thom: "A dream? When? Wait - she mentioned something about a dream before we ever came down here. And it took her this long to say anything more about it?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:08:04 2007] : ** (241) Thom shakes his head. "Fine, now we just have to find a way to get her past that pit and get out of here." **
[Sun Nov 11 02:08:23 2007] : (240) Cael: "Perhaps it would be best to talk to Rhian about this, however, she must rest before we can do that."
[Sun Nov 11 02:08:45 2007] : (241) Thom: "Like she would actually say anything."
[Sun Nov 11 02:08:48 2007] : (243) Morti: "Well.. if the nasties are gone.. can't we go up another way? I don't want to drop Miss Rhian on the spikes"
[Sun Nov 11 02:09:05 2007] : ** (241) Thom moves back to the doorway, opening the second stone door as well. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:09:41 2007] : (241) Thom: "Like where Morti?" (are the archways in this room noticeable?)
[Sun Nov 11 02:10:38 2007] : (247) DM: (they are, but I didn't describe them because you had more important things to focus on ^^)
[Sun Nov 11 02:11:04 2007] : ** (243) Morti looks to the archways **
[Sun Nov 11 02:11:16 2007] : (247) DM: There's an archway to your left and one to your right.
[Sun Nov 11 02:11:27 2007] : (247) DM: Both have staircases through them.
[Sun Nov 11 02:11:28 2007] : (241) Thom: (( ahh, I was thinking they might be like the other ones. ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:11:38 2007] : (243) Morti: "I dunno. I've never been here before."
[Sun Nov 11 02:12:15 2007] : (241) Thom: "Oh, those. Let's see where they go. I'll check one while someone else checks the other."
[Sun Nov 11 02:12:35 2007] : ** (241) Thom heads to the closest one to him (not to U29) **
[Sun Nov 11 02:13:26 2007] : ** (243) Morti heads to the opposite door, as instructed to see where it leads. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:15:06 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Flight of stairs leads up to a closed door
[Sun Nov 11 02:15:28 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): head up and see where the door goes.
[Sun Nov 11 02:15:59 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Flight of stairs leads up to an empty room filled with flickering torches on the walls.
[Sun Nov 11 02:16:10 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There is a large red splotch on the floor here.
[Sun Nov 11 02:16:24 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Door leads east and an archway to the north.
[Sun Nov 11 02:16:51 2007] : ** (243) Morti looks back across the room to Thom. "It goes to.. um... up." **
[Sun Nov 11 02:17:13 2007] : ** (246) Atross waits around in the main altar room, lacking anything else productive to do. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:17:19 2007] : ** (241) Thom heads up his own set of stairs, but calls back. 'To where?" **
[Sun Nov 11 02:17:38 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a balcony that overlooks the area
[Sun Nov 11 02:17:41 2007] : ** (243) Morti shrugs, and heads up the stairs to find out. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:17:55 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and I'd have to map if you wanted to investigate this place
[Sun Nov 11 02:18:24 2007] : (241) Zane: (whispering): nah - just looking for a way up into the temple proper. If not here, don't care about much else.
[Sun Nov 11 02:19:00 2007] : ** (241) Thom heads back down his stairs. "Balcony access over here." **
[Sun Nov 11 02:20:25 2007] : (247) DM: (going to stop here by the way, kinda falling asleep, not to mention I'd need to do further mapping depending on where people go)
[Sun Nov 11 02:20:42 2007] : (243) Morti: (ok)
[Sun Nov 11 02:20:48 2007] : (241) Thom: (( whichever way gets us upstairs. ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:21:18 2007] : (247) DM: (I could probably go on until 3 am but I need to know where you plan on going)
[Sun Nov 11 02:22:55 2007] : (243) Morti: no prbo. Great game though.
[Sun Nov 11 02:23:05 2007] : (241) Thom: (( since Morti is likely to find a room with a couple doors, we'd go to U29. Then hit U30 and U31 - looking for a way upstairs. Travel along to find the cooridor to U24, and then turn to U28. After that - on to U26. ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:23:32 2007] : (249) Daelan: " Why do we not go back the way we came?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:24:08 2007] : (241) Thom: (( basically, always looking for a way up. So unless there is a door or stairs, Thom wouldn't care what wa in the room, unless it was something that was going to attack him. ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:24:43 2007] : (243) Morti: "Didn't want to carry Rhian over the spike pit." :in thought: "I could teleport a couple of people outside though."
[Sun Nov 11 02:24:46 2007] : (241) Thom: "Rhian is unconscious. Do you want to carry her and jump over those spikes?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:25:14 2007] : (243) Morti: "The rest could just double back the way we came."
[Sun Nov 11 02:25:33 2007] : (241) Thom: "That works. How many can you take?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:25:55 2007] : (243) Morti: "Me, Rhian and someone to carry her"
[Sun Nov 11 02:26:19 2007] : (241) Thom: "Daelan, go with Morti and Rhian. The rest of us will meet you at the Inn."
[Sun Nov 11 02:27:14 2007] : (241) Thom: (( so - if we don't have to make you map anymore, are we gonna keep going for a bit? ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:27:43 2007] : (247) DM: ((maybe if my eyes behave))
[Sun Nov 11 02:27:49 2007] : ** (243) Morti nods, and heads back to Rhian, looking to Daelan for agreement. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:27:56 2007] : (241) Thom: (( good enough for me. :-P ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:28:45 2007] : ** (249) Daelan shakes his head no," I will not be used in magic with him,you go with him Thom,I can lead the others out of here.'' **
[Sun Nov 11 02:29:07 2007] : ** (243) Morti casts the elf a sour look. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:29:45 2007] : ** (241) Thom sighs. "Fine. Atross, can you help Morti? I don't want Daelan to be the first face Ados sees, or he'll likely die of fright." **
[Sun Nov 11 02:31:34 2007] : (241) Thom: (( Donovan, you still with us? ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:32:24 2007] : (246) Atross: ((Yeah, I am. Trying to catch Boondocks while we wound down.))
[Sun Nov 11 02:32:39 2007] : ** (246) Atross helps Morti get Rhian back to the inn. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:33:44 2007] : ** (241) Thom leads the others back down the way they came, collecting the bound guard before reaching Ados. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:33:56 2007] : ** (240) Cael follows. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:34:14 2007] : ** (243) Morti tucks Moiraine safely away, weaves his spell with practiced ease, touches his hands to Rhian and Atross, and the trio disappear from the chamber to reapear outside the temple. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:34:17 2007] : (241) Thom: "Ados," Thom calls out upon reaching the stockroom.
[Sun Nov 11 02:34:45 2007] : (241) Thom: (( FFing a little to speed it up, if that's ok. ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:34:45 2007] : ** (249) Daelan turns,jumps over the pit once more. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:34:51 2007] : (249) Daelan: Jump Skill Check: [1d20+12-2] => [16,12,-2] = (26) (includes Armor Penalty of -2)
[Sun Nov 11 02:35:08 2007] : ** (249) Daelan then leads the others back the way we came **
[Sun Nov 11 02:35:43 2007] : ** (243) Morti and Atross will carry Rhian back to the inn above ground. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:36:14 2007] : (247) DM: (ok)
[Sun Nov 11 02:37:02 2007] : (241) Thom: (( pausing at Ados for any RP - but the plan is to take him, the bound guard, and the tortured ex-prisoner back into the celler of the Inn. ))
[Sun Nov 11 02:37:46 2007] : (247) Ados: "Ays?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:38:19 2007] : (243) Morti: ((without all the corridors and stairs, guess we would be at the inn when you arrive, and probably have Rhian tucked in bed by then.)
[Sun Nov 11 02:38:31 2007] : (241) Thom: "How's the ex-prisoner doing?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:39:53 2007] : (247) Ados: "He's doing as well as can be, I guess."
[Sun Nov 11 02:40:47 2007] : (241) Thom: "Good. Naedara is gone. We are leaving this dank place and heading upstairs, would you care to join us?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:41:04 2007] : (247) Ados: "Of course!"
[Sun Nov 11 02:42:10 2007] : (241) Thom: "Come along then. You will likely need to answer some questions, but you should be on your way any time now."\
[Sun Nov 11 02:42:26 2007] : (247) Ados: "Questions? What questions?"
[Sun Nov 11 02:43:30 2007] : (241) Thom: "The true acolytes will likely want to know how you were recruited and such, but with Andress gone, it will be safe there now."
[Sun Nov 11 02:43:59 2007] : ** (241) Thom moves to where the door into the inn's basement was located, and opens the door. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:44:03 2007] : (247) Ados: "All right."
[Sun Nov 11 02:44:10 2007] : ** (247) Ados seems relieved. **
[Sun Nov 11 02:44:35 2007] : (247) DM: (we can stop here then since it's not far off from 3 am)
[Sun Nov 11 02:44:50 2007] : (241) Thom: "Who knows, they might even hire you on to work at the temple so you can have good employment again, they got some work ahead of them.
[Sun Nov 11 02:44:57 2007] : (247) DM: what do you want to do next session besides wrapup?
[Sun Nov 11 02:45:00 2007] : Attempting to DISABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sun Nov 11 02:45:01 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now unmoderated
[Sun Nov 11 02:45:27 2007] : (241) Thom: I want Rhian to finally give us some straight answers.
[Sun Nov 11 02:45:40 2007] : (241) Zane: Oh, we can't ask for the impossible? :-)
[Sun Nov 11 02:45:51 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: that can be arranged of course
[Sun Nov 11 02:45:54 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: what else?
[Sun Nov 11 02:45:59 2007] : (240) J.C.: Check with Rin as to what he noticed at the farm, other than that, nothing much, probably visit with my cousin (who's name escapes me right now.
[Sun Nov 11 02:46:04 2007] : (243) Morti: I figure we're going after Sevis. no?
[Sun Nov 11 02:46:05 2007] : (240) J.C.: )
[Sun Nov 11 02:46:10 2007] : (240) J.C.: Valkoris?
[Sun Nov 11 02:46:25 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: that's what I assumed but I don't know what you guys want (i.e., downtime)
[Sun Nov 11 02:46:32 2007] : (242) Dj Gilcrease: Might want to ask Rhian what he told her to do =P
[Sun Nov 11 02:46:46 2007] : (241) Zane: Thom's plan is to find Srobhan, one of the acolytes. Tell him what happened, about Ados and the other guard, and the half-elf. Fill him in on what we know about the farm, and get out of town.
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:05 2007] : (241) Zane: Yeah - Valkoris.
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:21 2007] : (241) Zane: We would probably want to talk to him so he knows what's going on as well.
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:27 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:33 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: so mostly RP then
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:36 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: that's cool
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:40 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: rate this session please
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:48 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: not you golden
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:50 2007] : (240) J.C.: I may try scrying on Rhovanarion just to see what happens.
[Sun Nov 11 02:47:53 2007] : (241) Zane: Yeah - RP. Thom's had enough battle for now. :-)
[Sun Nov 11 02:48:23 2007] : (243) Morti: 9.5 It was a fun game, and I got to use some spells that I haven't had a use for until now. ^_^
[Sun Nov 11 02:49:09 2007] : (241) Zane: 9.5 - I loved the Tempest twist and I loved the use of balefire. Silly Rhian, can't bring herself to tell us what she suspects, but she uses forbidden weaves.
[Sun Nov 11 02:49:25 2007] : (240) J.C.: 9, made me look at what a druid can do, and start making future plans.
[Sun Nov 11 02:49:26 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: typical Aes Sedai of course
[Sun Nov 11 02:49:44 2007] : (241) Zane: Yeah, but Thom is just starting to learn that. :-)
[Sun Nov 11 02:49:48 2007] : (240) J.C.: Of course, as I'm making my way through the books, this is all making more sense to me, so that's helping too.
[Sun Nov 11 02:51:35 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: ok, well then I'll see you all in a week
[Sun Nov 11 02:51:46 2007] : (241) Zane: k
[Sun Nov 11 02:51:48 2007] : (243) Morti: gnite
[Sun Nov 11 02:51:56 2007] : (240) J.C.: See ya
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:00 2007] : (240) J.C.: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:01 2007] : (240) J.C. (exit): 02:52
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:04 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: after next weekend, the next regular session will be the weekend after T-day
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:06 2007] : (247) TaliesinNYC: later
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:20 2007] : (243) Morti: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:20 2007] : (243) Lunauc (exit): 02:52
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:28 2007] : (241) Zane: g'night
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:34 2007] : (241) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:34 2007] : (241) Zane (exit): 02:52
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:42 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Nov 11 02:52:43 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms