Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
12 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
11 Guests
Registered Users: CharlesAgils


Back to Damrosil Logs
Sat Nov 03 22:08:33 2007] : (53) J

Sat Nov 03 22:08:33 2007] : (53) J.C. (enter): 22:08
[Sat Nov 03 22:08:33 2007] :
(57) Donovan (enter): 22:08
[Sat Nov 03 22:08:33 2007] :
(58) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 22:08
[Sat Nov 03 22:08:33 2007] :
(62) Lunauc (enter): 22:08
[Sat Nov 03 22:08:34 2007] :
(66) Zane (enter): 22:08
[Sat Nov 03 22:08:40 2007] :
Attempting to assign the role of GM to (68) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Nov 03
22:08:50 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: so is DJ here?
[Sat Nov 03
22:09:06 2007] : (66) Zane: yep - he got his internet working after all
[Sat Nov 03
22:09:16 2007] : (66) Zane: At least - he was here...
[Sat Nov 03
22:10:17 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: hm wrong map
[Sat Nov 03
22:11:16 2007] : (58) Dj Gilcrease: I was smoking
[Sat Nov 03
22:11:18 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: ok well let's go
[Sat Nov 03
22:11:23 2007] : Attempting to ENABLE moderation in the current room...
[Sat Nov 03 22:11:24 2007] : Server Administrator-> This channel is now moderated
[Sat Nov 03 22:11:42 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC:
we left off last session with the PCs comforting a prisoner
[Sat Nov 03 22:11:49 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC:
they met someone named "Darenne"
[Sat Nov 03 22:12:09 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC:
she tried to persuade them to do a favor for her, against Andress
[Sat Nov 03 22:12:15 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC:
they refused
[Sat Nov 03 22:12:32 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC:
she disappeared but not before mocking them
[Sat Nov 03 22:12:45 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC:
any questions? they're in U15
[Sat Nov 03 22:12:54 2007] : (66) Thom:
(( all in all - typical day. :-P ))
[Sat Nov 03 22:14:06 2007] : (66) Thom:
(( so - what did we decide to do with the prisoner? Back to the cave room, right? ))
[Sat Nov 03
22:14:42 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: ** (289) Rhian whispers in Daelan's ear. **
(307) Thom: "I lowered it slightly, and asked her name. She paused in her response, but called herself Darenne and asked my name. When I gave it to her, she repeated and breathed deeply. It reminded me of those snake people the way she almost tasted the air."
** (290) Daelan takes his healing kit from his pack,opens it up and checks to see if those ingredients are in it. **
(289) Rhian: "Go on."
(307) Thom: "Then she asked if I knew the provenance of the blade that I wielded, which I don't even know what she meant by that. She said she would give it to us if we did a task, a small task, for her. She agreed to either give me knowledge of Ringrist or knowledge of Naedara in exchange. She wanted Naedara, which is the name of the one going by the name Adress, dead. She claimed that Naedara had forsaken her oaths to the "Great Lord" and that her plans here were threatening her Lord's plans elsewhere."
(289) Rhian: "Ah yes. The Great Lord of the Dark."
(290) Daelan: " She also said that Andress' real name was Naedara and that it meant Masque of Darkness in the old tongue.''
(307) Thom: "She seemed upset that we didn't agree immediately, although Daelan tried to. When we declined her offer, she said we made a mistake. Oh, and that bit about me wielding a weapon of the One Power that draws her and others as honey draws flies. She said she was benevolent, the others were not. And the others were coming. And then a final piece of parting advice, that names are important."
(307) Thom: "Yes Daelan, I forgot what the name meant."
(307) Thom: 'That's all I recall, but the others may remember any other specifics that I forgot."
(290) Daelan: " I do not forget those who have wronged me. Naedara and Vael shall both pay.''
(307) Thom: "Perhaps Daelan, but we will get to that."
(289) Rhian: "Yes, names are important." (sighs)
(290) Daelan: " And I did not wish to strike a bargain with her,I merely told her that I was intending on killing Naedara anyways.''
(289) Rhian: "You didn't mention your full name did you?"
(307) Thom: "Sorry, that was how it sounded to me."
(307) Thom: "Of course not."
(289) Rhian: "There's some hope then, at least."
(307) Thom: "I gave her Thom, and may have mentioned Daelan by name, but she seemed more than willing to completely ignore him the entire time."
(289) Rhian: "If we live to see ourselves out of Ruairi, all of you will need to take on a new name."
(289) Rhian: "She ignored you I suspect because she saw you as unimportant. You on the other hand, she paid full attention to because of what you wield."
(307) Thom: "Oh well, I guess we should have stuck with our alternate names after all."
(307) Thom: "Yes, she seemed to always keep a certain distance from me while we talked. At one point I stepped toi the side so other could get to the prisoner, and she stepped as well.
(289) Rhian: "I still lack one or two pieces of information but that can come once we return to the Tower. In the meantime, please promise me that one, you will not bandy that sword of yours about freely, and two, you will be more discreet about your name."
(290) Daelan: " I have no intention on changing my name,it is my second name and I shall not stray from it.''
(307) Thom: "I never thought that using it in a place like this would be "bandy", but I agree that it might be best hidden for a while still."
(289) Rhian: "I'm not asking you to change your name but to take on a new name instead of freely saying it to one and all. Even wizards -- " (gestures to Morti) "know better than to disclose."
(290) Daelan: " Daelan is what I am not who I am Rhian.''
** (307) Thom draws out his rapier instead. "Besides, I have been neglecting this blade for a while now, I should make sure I still remember how to use it." **
(290) Daelan: " I am the wearer of shadows.''
(307) Thom: "All wizards?"
** (282) Morti scratches his head... "Well... they ones who know not to anyway." **
** (289) Rhian rolls her eyes and sighs. "I have a great deal of things to think about." (goes over to the wall and sits pensively, as she looks about the chamber and the half-elf) **
** (307) Thom moves over to Morti and Daelan. He glances at Morti, "Ok, I know that she was with you all when I met you in Highkeep, so was she this helpful then as well?" **
** (282) Morti shrugs. "She was always kind of mysterious-like. Helpful though." **
** (290) Daelan smiles at Thom," I have found that most wizards and I have met a few,are not helpful,they are secretive and do not tell all they know,even when it would benefit those around them." as he glances at Morti **
(307) Thom: "Let's hope that she does, so far she hasn't been all that much." Thom shakes his head and turns to Daelan, "How is the prisoner?"
(282) Morti: :suggests to Dael: "Maybe they just don't like you personally."
(290) Daelan: " He will live,but his spirit is broken and most of his wounds are inside his head,it will take awhile for him to recover.''
(307) Thom: "Very well, but we should move him somewhere while we finish up. Should we take him back to that hall we started in?"
(290) Daelan: " I have noticed Morti,that the ones I have not killed,tend to like me.''
(282) Morti: "Name one."
(290) Daelan: " Atross.''

[Sat Nov 03 22:14:52 2007] : (68) DM:
(from the end of last session)
[Sat Nov 03 22:15:42 2007] :
Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 03 22:15:42 2007] : (57) Atross: (whispering):
(GW): (Sure, I suppose we could check on the prisoner too, though I believe it's going to take a while for him to wake up.)
[Sat Nov 03
22:17:05 2007] : (57) Atross: "Probably so. May not be safe to get him a room upstairs."
[Sat Nov 03
22:17:40 2007] : (66) Thom: "Let's get the half-elf back to that room off the cavern. That way he will be out of the way and safe enough until we finish here."
[Sat Nov 03
22:18:42 2007] : (66) Thom: "Alright, Atross - can you help me?" Thom moves to start picking the ex-prisoner up, to carry between him and Atross.
[Sat Nov 03
22:18:59 2007] : (57) Atross: "Yep."
[Sat Nov 03
22:19:29 2007] : ** (57) Atross helps move the half-elf carefully to a safer area. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:20:50 2007] : (66) Thom: (( looks for the guard that defected that was left in that room. (U7) ))
[Sat Nov 03
22:22:05 2007] : (69) Daelan (enter): 22:22
[Sat Nov 03
22:22:09 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (69) Daelan...
[Sat Nov 03 22:22:16 2007] : (68) DM:
(he's in U2)
[Sat Nov 03 22:22:23 2007] :
Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 03 22:22:23 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering):
sorry I am late
[Sat Nov 03 22:22:47 2007] : (66) Thom:
(( ok - couldn't remember the actual room numbers... we take the half-elf there. ))
[Sat Nov 03
22:23:18 2007] : (57) Atross: ((That'd be the room with the food and one guard a-asleeping-it-off.))
[Sat Nov 03 22:23:39 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
its ok, I was too
[Sat Nov 03 22:23:48 2007] : (68) DM:
((k))
[Sat Nov 03 22:24:04 2007] : (68) DM:
((bring Daelan up to speed please. not that anything happened))
[Sat Nov 03 22:25:21 2007] : (66) Thom:
(( so, there are two guards? The one that surrendered and another that was knocked out? ))
[Sat Nov 03
22:25:37 2007] : (57) Atross: ((Correct. But I don't mean to toot my own horn.))
[Sat Nov 03
22:26:03 2007] : (68) DM: ((did you have someone watch the guard that was knocked out? and if you recall correctly, Ados is in U2))
[Sat Nov 03
22:26:04 2007] : (66) Thom: (( and someone did tie up and gag the unconscious one, right? ))
[Sat Nov 03
22:26:24 2007] : (69) Daelan: (( yea atross did that thom))
[Sat Nov 03
22:26:30 2007] : (57) Atross: ((Again, yes, albeit how good I did at that, I couldn't attest to.))
[Sat Nov 03
22:26:53 2007] : (66) Thom: (( ok - thanks Stash, the map helps. ))
[Sat Nov 03
22:26:58 2007] : (57) Atross: ((I'm mostly counting on a few hours of naptime and fear to keep them in line.))
[Sat Nov 03
22:27:33 2007] : ** (66) Thom takes the ex-prisoner over to where Ados is waiting. "Do you know this man?" he asks the turncoat. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:29:03 2007] : ** (68) Ados shakes his head. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:29:14 2007] : (68) Ados: "Never saw him before."
[Sat Nov 03
22:29:34 2007] : (66) Thom: "That's fine. Just keep an eye on him until we return, ok?"
[Sat Nov 03
22:29:44 2007] : (68) Ados: "You're trusting me?"
[Sat Nov 03
22:30:06 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 03
22:30:07 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): Sense motive to see if he will do as told: [1d20+16] => [1,16] = (17)
[Sat Nov 03
22:30:50 2007] : (66) Thom: "Are you saying that we shouldn't? You've done as you said you would and you turned away from the dark - those are good points in my mind."
[Sat Nov 03
22:31:28 2007] : (57) Atross: "I suppose so. I don't think you're going to kill anyone while I'm not looking, for example."
[Sat Nov 03
22:31:54 2007] : (68) Ados: "After your elf friend said what he did, I wasn't sure."
[Sat Nov 03
22:31:59 2007] : ** (68) Ados seems relieved. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:32:08 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): d'oh!
[Sat Nov 03
22:32:12 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): =P
[Sat Nov 03
22:32:30 2007] : (68) Ados: "I'll do what I can but I'm not a healer."
[Sat Nov 03
22:32:34 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): but - I would believe whatever he said, so I'm not likely to take his head off. :-)
[Sat Nov 03
22:33:28 2007] : (57) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Of course that's mostly because I don't think he's capable, but still.
[Sat Nov 03
22:33:43 2007] : (57) Atross: "That's what we all do, really."
[Sat Nov 03
22:33:54 2007] : (66) Thom: "Yeah, he has a big mouth. Of course, just because we trust you doesn't mean he does - so you are still better off staying here and doing what he says, ok? As far as healing, we don't expect you to heal him, but do what you can to keep him calm if he wakes. He is to be set free, once he has healed."
[Sat Nov 03
22:35:39 2007] : ** (66) Thom leaves, once Ados seems to understand his current role. "Let's get back to the others." he says to Atross. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:36:48 2007] : ** (57) Atross waves calmly as he departs, "Agreed." **
[Sat Nov 03
22:38:11 2007] : ** (66) Thom heads back to where the others were left. He walks right past Rhian and heads to the far side of the room - to the passage to see where it goes. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:39:10 2007] : ** (68) Ados tries to comfort the prisoner as best he can. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:42:22 2007] : ** (57) Atross stops back with the others while Thom continues his, presumedly usual, search. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:43:08 2007] : (57) Atross: "He's not awake yet, but he's as safe as he can be until this town is freed from the dark grip of this evil cult."
[Sat Nov 03
22:43:41 2007] : ** (62) Morti leans on his staff silently, watching Ados console the captive, thoughtfully. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:43:44 2007] : (69) Daelan: " That is good.''
[Sat Nov 03
22:44:01 2007] : (68) DM: This seems to be an extension of the torture chamber -- racks, iron maidens and other gruesome implements. A stone corridor delves deeper into the earth.
[Sat Nov 03
22:44:37 2007] : ** (66) Thom continues deeper into the earth, following the cooridor. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:44:45 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): If it's dark, I'll listen to make sure I don't hear anything and then light my rapier for light.
[Sat Nov 03
22:44:58 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sat Nov 03
22:45:10 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can see that the passage rounds a corner at the end
[Sat Nov 03
22:45:10 2007] : ** (62) Morti lets out a sigh, scratching his scarfed neck, as he turns to follow after Thom and the others. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:46:17 2007] : ** (69) Daelan follows along behind Thom. **
[Sat Nov 03
22:46:19 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): keep on moving then, and since DJ said there were a number of traps in the time I missed - check for traps.
[Sat Nov 03
22:49:14 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there don't seem to be any in this passage
[Sat Nov 03
22:49:34 2007] : (68) DM: The corridor proceeds further and turns a corner. It's incredibly musty.
[Sat Nov 03
22:50:44 2007] : ** (66) Thom continues down the passage, to see where it goes, comtinuing his process of checking for traps as he goes. **
[Sat Nov 03 22:51:03 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
you don't seem to find any
[Sat Nov 03 22:51:10 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
strangely enough
[Sat Nov 03 22:51:13 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
^^
[Sat Nov 03 22:51:34 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
evil DM.
[Sat Nov 03 22:51:36 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
:-)
[Sat Nov 03 22:51:42 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
keep moving
[Sat Nov 03 22:52:08 2007] : (57) Atross: (whispering):
(GW): /me continues his process of standing more than a fireball's width away from Thom's progress =P
[Sat Nov 03 22:52:23 2007] : (69) Daelan:
" I do not think any clean air has managed to get this far underground,I can not see the logic of living in underground places.''
[Sat Nov 03
22:53:09 2007] : (62) Morti: "Well.. it's cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter."
[Sat Nov 03
22:53:15 2007] : (66) Thom: "So, this is not a place you would normally visit Daelan? Maybe that's the idea - privacy."
[Sat Nov 03
22:54:21 2007] : (68) DM: The corridor turns, and you emerge into a small chamber. Several stone sarcophagi fill this room. Two against the north wall, two against the south wall and one near the middle of the west wall. All of their lids are askew.
[Sat Nov 03
22:54:56 2007] : (66) Thom: "Oh, how lovely."
[Sat Nov 03
22:55:02 2007] : (66) Thom: "A dead end."
[Sat Nov 03
22:55:25 2007] : (62) Morti: :groans, offering semi-hopefully: "Graverobbers.. maybe..?"
[Sat Nov 03
22:56:04 2007] : (57) Atross: "Very funny, but I wouldn't count out a grizzly hidden passage through one of those things."
[Sat Nov 03
22:56:55 2007] : (66) Thom: "Well, I can check." Thom moves over to the sarcophagi and checks each of them, and the small room, for any hidden passages.
[Sat Nov 03
22:57:55 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): You spend some time (how much is up to you) but all you have to show for it is a bunch of grit and dust.
[Sat Nov 03
22:58:22 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): These sarcophagi appear to have been disturbed but a while ago
[Sat Nov 03
22:58:30 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): one round each thing, and quick pass over the room - just enough to satisfy Atross. :-)
[Sat Nov 03
22:59:46 2007] : ** (66) Thom takes a pass over the area, but after a minute just looks to Atross. "Nothing." **
[Sat Nov 03
23:01:21 2007] : ** (66) Thom heads back to the main torture chamber, and the exit from there. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:01:38 2007] : ** (62) Morti edges cautiously toward one of the open sarchopogi to peek inside. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:01:45 2007] : ** (53) Cael follows Thom as he leaves. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:01:59 2007] : (57) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Would you believe I'm not disappointed to not find a hidden passage beneath an ancient decomposing mummy? It's much more sanitary this way.
[Sat Nov 03
23:02:30 2007] : (57) Atross: "Maybe it was graverobbers after all."
[Sat Nov 03
23:03:17 2007] : ** (66) Thom pauses as he walks by Rhian Sedai again. "We're moving on." he says before continuing to walk past, and out the door. At the intersection, he heads to the left - the only direction the group has not been yet. ((towards U18-U20)) **
[Sat Nov 03
23:04:42 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's locked.
[Sat Nov 03
23:04:57 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It also doesn't seem to have been used or opened in ages.
[Sat Nov 03
23:05:05 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): then check for traps, and then unlock it.
[Sat Nov 03
23:06:02 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): really? I take it that we passed up some doorway somewhere along the way last week when I wasn't here?
[Sat Nov 03
23:06:52 2007] : ** (66) Thom reaches the next door and checks it over. **
[Sat Nov 03 23:07:39 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
no
[Sat Nov 03 23:07:57 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
this door doesn't seem to have been used for ages
[Sat Nov 03 23:08:01 2007] : (69) Daelan:
" I have noticed you have taken a colder view on the one called Rhain,Thom,is there need for concern on my part? Or is this something between you and her?"
[Sat Nov 03
23:08:03 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): hmm... that guard was being sent somewhere for help...
[Sat Nov 03
23:08:11 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): where the X was
[Sat Nov 03
23:08:37 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes he was
[Sat Nov 03
23:08:42 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just not in this direction
[Sat Nov 03
23:08:43 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): :)
[Sat Nov 03
23:09:18 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): unlocked.
[Sat Nov 03
23:09:43 2007] : (66) Thom: "You'd have to ask her. She is the one that supposedly knows that Darenne and the others that are coming. So, she would have to answer whether there is any need for concern or not."
[Sat Nov 03
23:10:02 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 03
23:10:02 2007] : (62) Morti: (whispering): are there still bodies in the sarcophogi?
[Sat Nov 03
23:12:54 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): ok - this is the worst part about missing a session and not knowing what happened. We were in U7 - the guard was sent to the north for help. We went that way, found the map. From that point on, until we got to the door to U15 - I have no idea where we went. So - does Thom have any ideas about other places to look? He's unlocking the door and such because he knows how to do it and it's calming to him. He doesn't figure that the guard was being sent for help here, where the door hasn't been used in a long time, but I personally don't know where else to go from what I've been told.
[Sat Nov 03 23:13:01 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
nope
[Sat Nov 03 23:13:10 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
well other than broken bones
[Sat Nov 03 23:13:32 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
there was a door you missed
[Sat Nov 03 23:13:41 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
in the missing map
[Sat Nov 03 23:13:54 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
missed, or passed?
[Sat Nov 03
23:14:06 2007] : (62) Morti: (whispering): so there are remains? Are their any inscriptions or symbols to note who they were or what order they may have belonged to?
[Sat Nov 03 23:15:00 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
well the party didn't investigate it
[Sat Nov 03 23:15:41 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
what symbols there are have been defaced
[Sat Nov 03 23:15:44 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
but not recently
[Sat Nov 03 23:16:10 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
but Thom did see it - right? I'm trying not to metagame, but since I don't know about it OOC even, it's hard to know what I know IC.
[Sat Nov 03 23:16:11 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
see the north door in U22
[Sat Nov 03 23:16:18 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
well you weren't here last session
[Sat Nov 03 23:16:28 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
the north door in U22 was not investigated
[Sat Nov 03 23:16:28 2007] : ** (62) Morti offers a short apologetic prayer to the disturbed graves, and goes about replacing their lids properly. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:16:42 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): yeah, and DJ was supposed to send me a log, but he didn't get around to it with his internet issues.
[Sat Nov 03
23:16:51 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): ok, that makes more sense then.
[Sat Nov 03
23:16:52 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they went from U7, to the east door in U22, then to U21, then to the corridor
[Sat Nov 03
23:17:12 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): and U21 we see from the map we are on now. Ok, now it makes more sense.
[Sat Nov 03
23:18:13 2007] : (68) Rhian: "Yes, yes."
[Sat Nov 03 23:18:18 2007] : (69) Daelan:
" It has been my understanding that one very rarely ever recieves a full answer from one such as her,or any other thing we have come across in our travels,all we get are cryptic answers or more questions,better to just go along and figure things out for ourselves.''
[Sat Nov 03
23:18:23 2007] : ** (66) Thom finishes messing with the door, but instead of opening it he looks back to Daelan. "This door hasn't been used in a long time, I doubt this is where the guard was running to get help from. Especially since it was locked." **
[Sat Nov 03
23:18:24 2007] : (68) DM: (just saw that)
[Sat Nov 03
23:19:41 2007] : (66) Thom: "Maybe Daelan, but something about that Darenne unnerves me, and if there are possible answers, I prefer to have them."
[Sat Nov 03
23:21:13 2007] : (66) Thom: "Let's head back to that other door we missed earlier, we can return this way if we need to."
[Sat Nov 03
23:21:20 2007] : (57) Atross: "Couldn't you have thought of that when you jumped through a whirling wall of very sharp swords?"
[Sat Nov 03
23:22:05 2007] : (66) Thom: "I could have missed how to turn it off."
[Sat Nov 03
23:22:54 2007] : ** (68) Rhian follows behind, seemingly lost in thought. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:23:32 2007] : (57) Atross: "Ok, back we go then. If he had a key, it wasn't apparent to me."
[Sat Nov 03
23:23:38 2007] : ** (66) Thom heads away from the door he just unlocked and moves to the door leading to the multi-cooridor room where the whirling blades apparently had been. (U21) Before he opens the door, he looks back and does a head count to make sure everyone kept caught up. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:24:46 2007] : ** (53) Cael stands waiting. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:25:04 2007] : ** (62) Morti replaces the lids and takes a moment for a final prayer for the peaceful rest of the dead, before hurrying to catch up. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:25:43 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Nov 03
23:25:44 2007] : (53) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): Heh
[Sat Nov 03
23:25:57 2007] : (53) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): I've got a roommate that isn't shutting his mouth.
[Sat Nov 03
23:26:10 2007] : (53) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): I'm paying attention to what's going on though.
[Sat Nov 03 23:26:41 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
ah
[Sat Nov 03 23:26:48 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
he must wonder what you're doing
[Sat Nov 03 23:26:56 2007] : (68) DM:
(ok)
[Sat Nov 03 23:26:58 2007] : ** (66) Thom wiggles a little as he waits, keeping himself from itching himself. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:26:59 2007] : (53) J.C.: (whispering): Sort of.
[Sat Nov 03 23:27:29 2007] : (68) DM:
(so you're at U21)
[Sat Nov 03 23:27:40 2007] : (53) J.C.: (whispering):
(GW): Heh
[Sat Nov 03 23:27:41 2007] : (66) Thom:
(( yep ))
[Sat Nov 03 23:27:55 2007] : (53) J.C.: (whispering):
(GW): I just kicked that addiction myself
[Sat Nov 03 23:28:11 2007] : ** (66) Thom opens the door once Morti catches up, and the group is all together again. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:28:30 2007] : (53) Cael: "Daelan, what do you know of the poison that hit Thom?"
[Sat Nov 03
23:28:59 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ?
[Sat Nov 03
23:29:11 2007] : (69) Daelan: " I managed to slow it,he needs a cure poison potion or spell,or he will be paralyzed in about 10 days.''
[Sat Nov 03
23:29:25 2007] : (53) J.C.: (whispering): Didn't mean to whisper, wasn't paying attention to where I was typing.
[Sat Nov 03
23:29:46 2007] : (53) Cael: "Very well."
[Sat Nov 03
23:30:04 2007] : (62) Morti: :groans: "Makes me wish I had the skills to be a cleric."
[Sat Nov 03 23:30:09 2007] : ** (66) Thom sees nothing happen as he opens the door, so he slowly and carefully enters the room, watching for any signs that the trap has reset itself. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:30:53 2007] : ** (53) Cael moves towards Thom, "We might as well deal with it now then." Placing a hand on his shoulder he mutters a few words. (( Neutralize Poison )) **
[Sat Nov 03
23:31:42 2007] : (66) Thom: (( that clear up the itching? ))
[Sat Nov 03 23:31:50 2007] : (53) Cael:
(( It should ))
[Sat Nov 03 23:32:07 2007] : (66) Thom:
(( yeah - was looking for verification from the DM. :-P ))
[Sat Nov 03 23:33:13 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
yes it does
[Sat Nov 03 23:33:22 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
and the -4 to Dex?
[Sat Nov 03
23:33:30 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sat Nov 03
23:33:37 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that will require time
[Sat Nov 03
23:33:39 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): darn. :-)
[Sat Nov 03
23:33:48 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): +1 per day per point lost
[Sat Nov 03
23:33:50 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): it was worth asking.
[Sat Nov 03
23:33:55 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sat Nov 03
23:34:20 2007] : ** (66) Thom looks back to Cael. "Huh? Oh - thanks, that does feel better. At least, it took care of the itching part." **
[Sat Nov 03
23:34:52 2007] : (53) Cael: "You should be fine, I'll make sure to check again later."
[Sat Nov 03 23:35:29 2007] : ** (66) Thom nods to Cael before turning to head through the hallway once again, his muscles all tensed in case something appears. **
[Sat Nov 03 23:35:40 2007] : (66) Thom:
(( through U21 - to U22 ))
[Sat Nov 03 23:37:29 2007] : (68) DM:
(k)
[Sat Nov 03 23:37:49 2007] : (68) DM:
(U22 you will remember is the room with the ugly designs on the walls)
[Sat Nov 03 23:38:32 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
btw - any idea on when the logs on the site might get updated? The last one there is from Rhian's trial.
[Sat Nov 03
23:38:46 2007] : (57) Atross: ((As well as the "moat"))
[Sat Nov 03
23:39:19 2007] : ** (66) Thom makes his way into the ugly moat room, and makes his way to the door the group passed by earlier. **
[Sat Nov 03 23:40:21 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
they have been updated
[Sat Nov 03 23:41:02 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
oh only the Fri logs
[Sat Nov 03 23:41:05 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
I dunno when
[Sat Nov 03 23:41:08 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
probably soon
[Sat Nov 03 23:41:32 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
The last one I see (and I just checked) is Dam78. Yeah, those you've kept updated. Do you love them more than us? :-)
[Sat Nov 03 23:41:34 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
and it's not so much a door but an archway
[Sat Nov 03 23:41:37 2007] : ** (69) Daelan cautiously follows Thom **
[Sat Nov 03 23:41:44 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
the door to U23 is locked
[Sat Nov 03 23:41:53 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
there's a flight of stairs leading up to your left
[Sat Nov 03 23:42:31 2007] : (68) DM:
(clarification: the door leading to the vestibule is really an archway. there should only be 1 door there -- leading to U23)
[Sat Nov 03 23:42:40 2007] : ** (66) Thom looks back to the others and ask for silence before thurning back to check the archway for any traps. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:42:44 2007] : ** (57) Atross follows the group's underground procession, entering the distasteful room and turning right, to the door and stairs. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:42:58 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there don't seem to be any
[Sat Nov 03
23:43:13 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there are however a number of tracks in the dust leading up and down the stairs and this room
[Sat Nov 03
23:43:30 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): k - any sounds coming from the stairs?
[Sat Nov 03
23:44:20 2007] : ** (53) Cael found the F5 macro key **
[Sat Nov 03
23:44:24 2007] : ** (66) Thom points out the numerous tracks in the dusty floor to Daelan, that head from this room to the stairs. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:44:41 2007] : (53) Cael: (( oops ))
[Sat Nov 03
23:45:01 2007] : (66) Thom: (( maybe that was the name of one of the ugly paintings... ))
[Sat Nov 03
23:46:07 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sat Nov 03
23:46:49 2007] : ** (66) Thom peeks through the archway to look up the stairs, making sure no one is waiting for them. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:48:02 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you don't seem to see anyone
[Sat Nov 03
23:48:08 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): of course, it's shrouded in gloom.
[Sat Nov 03
23:49:41 2007] : ** (66) Thom moves past the stairs, to the door on the other side. He glances over the door to see if it is trapped. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:50:36 2007] : (68) DM: It's unlocked and partially open actually.
[Sat Nov 03
23:50:58 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering): I study the tracks
[Sat Nov 03
23:51:12 2007] : ** (66) Thom peers past the door, wanting to make sure there aren't more guards that can cut off their backs. **
[Sat Nov 03 23:51:17 2007] : ** (69) Daelan kneels down and studies the tracks **
[Sat Nov 03 23:51:17 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
some of them are humanoid
[Sat Nov 03 23:51:27 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering):
at least one pair are animal like
[Sat Nov 03 23:51:35 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering):
not opening it at first, seeing if I can see anything. If not, then crack a little more.
[Sat Nov 03
23:51:41 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): appears to be a barracks of some sort
[Sat Nov 03
23:51:48 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): whomever was here left in a hurry
[Sat Nov 03
23:51:53 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering): how long ago were they made and do I recognize the animal tracks."
[Sat Nov 03
23:52:12 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): barracks for many soldiers, or for one?
[Sat Nov 03
23:52:20 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): for more than one
[Sat Nov 03
23:52:29 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): at least an hour ago
[Sat Nov 03
23:52:39 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): wolf you think
[Sat Nov 03
23:52:46 2007] : ** (66) Thom pushes the door fully open. **
[Sat Nov 03
23:52:58 2007] : ** (69) Daelan whispers to Thom,'' Humans,about an hour ago." **
[Sat Nov 03
23:53:23 2007] : (69) Daelan: " And atleast one wolf is with them or hunting them.''
[Sat Nov 03
23:53:24 2007] : ** (66) Thom whispers back, "And what about those that left this little room? Which way?" **
[Sat Nov 03
23:53:50 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering): which way do the tracks go?
[Sat Nov 03
23:54:00 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering): up the stairs or back into the bigger room?
[Sat Nov 03
23:56:20 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): up the stairs, down to U23, and out to U22
[Sat Nov 03
23:56:38 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sat Nov 03
23:57:16 2007] : (69) Daelan: " They head up the stairs and into this room and the one behind us.''
[Sat Nov 03 23:57:44 2007] : (68) DM:
(to Zane -- U23) This dank room contains four bedrolls, a table with four chairs and a wooden stand supporting a crude, straw-stuffed mannequin with two daggers embedded in its chest and another dagger stuck in its head.
[Sat Nov 03
23:58:08 2007] : (68) DM: The chamber is otherwise empty.
[Sat Nov 03
23:58:18 2007] : (68) DM: Whomever was here appears to have left in a hurry.
[Sat Nov 03 23:59:57 2007] : ** (66) Thom nods to Daelan and quickly moves into the room, collecting the daggers. He looks over each one as he takes it out of the mannequin before returning to the stairs. "They won't need them anymore." he says to Daelan as he stores the knives around his body. **

[Sun Nov 04 00:00:30 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Better you use them on them instead of the other way around.''
[Sun Nov 04 00:00:54 2007] : ** (66) Thom then draws out his rapier, igniting it as he prepares to move up the dark stairway. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:01:01 2007] : (66) Thom: "Exactly."
[Sun Nov 04 00:02:12 2007] : (68) DM: The door ahead sports a lock similar to the one in the room with the ugly engravings.
[Sun Nov 04 00:02:35 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): was it trapped?
[Sun Nov 04 00:03:01 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): or just that it appears the two locks use the same key?
[Sun Nov 04 00:03:11 2007] : (68) DM: The doorknob is set within a gaping demonic maw constructed out of iron. The fangs are set in such a way that opening the door will cause injury to the opener.
[Sun Nov 04 00:03:30 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): huh?
[Sun Nov 04 00:03:58 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): you said that it was the same, so I was wondering how - but you answered that now in the main window.
[Sun Nov 04 00:05:02 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): was the first one made of iron as well?
[Sun Nov 04 00:06:22 2007] : (62) Morti: "Heh.. they really like those door decorations here.. huh?"
[Sun Nov 04 00:06:33 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Nov 04 00:06:41 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the first one was the door leading to U21
[Sun Nov 04 00:06:42 2007] : ** (57) Atross whispers, "Time to pull some more teeth." **
[Sun Nov 04 00:06:46 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): again from the session you missed
[Sun Nov 04 00:07:36 2007] : (62) Morti: "I wonder if it has a signifigance."
[Sun Nov 04 00:07:57 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): yeah. Damn, no one else seems to deal with this crap (not just from you) when they miss part of a session. Maybe I should stop being so instrumental in the group doing anything.
[Sun Nov 04 00:08:18 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering): do the tracks look like they went beyond the door?'
[Sun Nov 04 00:08:30 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ?
[Sun Nov 04 00:08:32 2007] : ** (69) Daelan studies the teeth closely **
[Sun Nov 04 00:08:42 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Nov 04 00:08:45 2007] : ** (66) Thom tries the same trick they used before, using one of his new found daggers to break the teeth out by sliding the blade behind a tooth and twisting it to pry the tooth off. Then, repeating the process for the second tooth. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:09:03 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that will take some time
[Sun Nov 04 00:09:04 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering): is there blood in the teeth?
[Sun Nov 04 00:09:33 2007] : ** (69) Daelan stops Thom momentarily **
[Sun Nov 04 00:09:35 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): Getting answers from what happened from anyone else has been like pulling teeth. Maybe I just need specifics that others don't need when they miss, it's just quite annoying.
[Sun Nov 04 00:09:36 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the maw is made of iron that's been glued or welded to the door. also it makes a bit of noise.
[Sun Nov 04 00:09:52 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well that's not good
[Sun Nov 04 00:09:56 2007] : (69) Daelan: " The tracks go beyond the door.''
[Sun Nov 04 00:10:00 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): oh, all I was told was that we broke the others one off.
[Sun Nov 04 00:10:03 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'll talk about it after
[Sun Nov 04 00:10:12 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): yeah.
[Sun Nov 04 00:10:30 2007] : (62) Morti: "So... we should knock then?" 0.o
[Sun Nov 04 00:10:32 2007] : ** (66) Thom stops. "Beyond this door?" **
[Sun Nov 04 00:10:47 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Yes Thom.''
[Sun Nov 04 00:11:02 2007] : ** (57) Atross still quietly clarifies, "So we shouldn't knock, unless we want them to commit ritual suicide. Again." **
[Sun Nov 04 00:11:25 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Yet I see no blood on the teeth,so there must be an easier way to open the door.''
[Sun Nov 04 00:11:32 2007] : (66) Thom: "So, we want to follow those tracks then. You want to let those fangs dig into your arm? Feel free."
[Sun Nov 04 00:12:31 2007] : ** (66) Thom starts studying the doorknob, to find a better way or opening it that doesn't cause the teeth to bite. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:13:21 2007] : (69) Daelan: " I am not following the tracks Thom,they just merely head in the same direction we are for now.''
[Sun Nov 04 00:13:25 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Nov 04 00:13:28 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): dried encrusted blood
[Sun Nov 04 00:13:37 2007] : (68) DM: (bio break, brb)
[Sun Nov 04 00:13:42 2007] : ** (66) Thom nods to Daelan. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:14:14 2007] : (69) Daelan: " I was mistaken I can see the dried blood in the teeth now Thom.''
[Sun Nov 04 00:15:07 2007] : (57) Atross: (whispering): (GW): I'd flip a coin here to decide on quiet or not, but I really don't need to.
[Sun Nov 04 00:15:13 2007] : (66) Thom: "Still, I'll keep looking."
[Sun Nov 04 00:15:45 2007] : (57) Atross: (whispering): (GW): "Well, then resume the surgery, herr doktor." Sorry, it just sort of slipped out that way, I'll do it right I promise.
[Sun Nov 04 00:17:02 2007] : ** (57) Atross tucks his bow under one arm and hefts his infrequently used mace preparitorily, "If it's all the same, I'll take over the procedure from here." **
[Sun Nov 04 00:17:33 2007] : ** (66) Thom steps back to give Atross room to work. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:17:58 2007] : ** (69) Daelan steps back when Thom does not sure what is going on. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:18:41 2007] : ** (57) Atross swings the mace into the teeth around the door handle a few times until they're sufficiently bent and broken to operate the door. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:19:32 2007] : ** (69) Daelan covers his ears as Atross mangles the teeth. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:19:51 2007] : ** (66) Thom cringes slightly, but let's Atross finish. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:19:54 2007] : ** (57) Atross then returns his neglected mace to its usual position and tries to have his bow ready for when the guards show up. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:20:41 2007] : (66) Thom: "I was hoping to avoid the noise, but oh well." he says under his breath. "Daelan, move back some, you need range for your bow anyway."
[Sun Nov 04 00:21:03 2007] : (66) Thom: (( door open towards us, or away from us? ))
[Sun Nov 04 00:22:26 2007] : (68) DM: ((towards you))
[Sun Nov 04 00:22:42 2007] : (57) Atross: "I figured it wasn't worth the subtlety for the time."
[Sun Nov 04 00:23:15 2007] : ** (66) Thom moves to the side of the door where the hinges are, and listens at the door to see if anyone is moving beyond the door. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:26:22 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): cries in the distance
[Sun Nov 04 00:26:36 2007] : (68) DM: (am going to need to map shortly)
[Sun Nov 04 00:26:52 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): constant? changing in volume?
[Sun Nov 04 00:27:00 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): fluctuation
[Sun Nov 04 00:27:04 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): otherwise fairly steady
[Sun Nov 04 00:27:29 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sun Nov 04 00:28:33 2007] : ** (66) Thom exhales and gets back to his job, checking the door for any traps. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:30:05 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there don't seem to be
[Sun Nov 04 00:30:14 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just the unusual doorknob setup
[Sun Nov 04 00:30:36 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): and Atross' dental work took care of the fangs, yes?
[Sun Nov 04 00:31:47 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): and check to see if the door is locked.
[Sun Nov 04 00:34:46 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's locked
[Sun Nov 04 00:35:04 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): then let's unlock it.
[Sun Nov 04 00:35:12 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and you manage to get it done after a bit of time and effort
[Sun Nov 04 00:35:29 2007] : (68) DM: (gonna need 15-20 minutes please)
[Sun Nov 04 00:36:08 2007] : ** (66) Thom pulls out some tolls and works on it as well, unlocking the door. He glances back at his companions. "Everyone ready?" he asks before opening the door. **
[Sun Nov 04 00:36:17 2007] : (66) Thom: (( ok - goona smoke, brb ))
[Sun Nov 04 00:57:07 2007] : ** (66) Thom looks over to Daelan, and still talking quietly, says, 'Daelan, if I understand Dareene right, Andress, or Naedara, or whatever her name is - she has turned on those that serve the Dark Lord. Therefore, we want to talk with her if possible. She deserves to die for what she has done, but if she can help the greater good now, it may be necessary to let her live. Do you understand?" **
[Sun Nov 04 00:58:20 2007] : (57) Atross: "My guess is, from what we've heard altogether, her plot for vengeance seriously jeopardizes their original plans."
[Sun Nov 04 00:59:41 2007] : (66) Thom: "Exactly, so although we likely need to stop her plans, we need to know what her plot is so that we, or others, might be able to figure out the original plans of those serving the Dark."
[Sun Nov 04 01:00:41 2007] : (69) Daelan: " So we get her to tell us her plans then we kill her right.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:01:28 2007] : (66) Thom: "We'll see. Just do not shoot to kill immediately."
[Sun Nov 04 01:02:18 2007] : (69) Daelan: " But I can shoot her,just make my shots not deadly right,I can pin her to a wall with some well placed arrows,then you can question her all you want.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:04:28 2007] : (66) Thom: "Sure. If she surrenders, don't fire - but keep your arrows trained on her. I'm sure you would anyway, but we don't know how quickly she can cast, so I want to be sure you will be ready if needed."
[Sun Nov 04 01:04:59 2007] : (68) DM: ((OOC: the red squares are stairs))
[Sun Nov 04 01:05:15 2007] : (68) DM: ((everything else should be self explanatory))
[Sun Nov 04 01:05:19 2007] : (66) Thom: (( better than lava... ))
[Sun Nov 04 01:05:23 2007] : (69) Daelan: " If she twitches or breaths deeply I will shoot her.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:05:53 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Atross can keep her under his bow as well.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:06:09 2007] : ** (66) Thom sighs, "That's the most I can ask for. Let's see what we can." **
[Sun Nov 04 01:06:22 2007] : ** (66) Thom opens the door to see what lies beyond. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:07:22 2007] : (68) DM: This is a stone corridor that's quite dark.
[Sun Nov 04 01:07:45 2007] : (68) DM: Cries and chanting can be heard in the distance, and the walls are engraved with more of the odious designs you've seen earlier.
[Sun Nov 04 01:07:57 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering): do the tracks continue onward down the hallway? and if so do they stop anywhere along the way as if to avoid a trap or some such thing?
[Sun Nov 04 01:08:04 2007] : ** (66) Thom leads with his ignited rapier, giving off some light to his path as he moves towards the chanting. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:08:48 2007] : (69) Daelan: " This does not sound pleasing at all Thom,everyone better ready themselves.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:08:59 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they're muddled
[Sun Nov 04 01:09:08 2007] : ** (66) Thom nods in agreement to Daelan, moving along. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:09:09 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): to your left and to your right
[Sun Nov 04 01:09:10 2007] : ** (62) Morti follows along, silent, trying to ignore the talking of killing, as he looks over the grotesque murals, wondering at their age. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:09:13 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can't tell really
[Sun Nov 04 01:11:04 2007] : ** (57) Atross follows as well with his bow quite ready. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:11:52 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): so - keep on moving until reaching the door at the end of U24
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:07 2007] : (68) DM: (which direction? you're not able to tell really where the chanting is coming from)
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:13 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ah ok
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:26 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that's where you are already
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:35 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that's the door you opened
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:36 2007] : (66) Thom: (( well, we're still in U24, right? ))
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:50 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): oh, I thought that was the door at the top of the stairs.
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:54 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): there's a door to your left and one to your right at the far end
[Sun Nov 04 01:13:02 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that IS the door at the top of the stairs
[Sun Nov 04 01:13:03 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): sorry, got it now.
[Sun Nov 04 01:13:10 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): ahh
[Sun Nov 04 01:13:49 2007] : ** (66) Thom looks both ways, and seeing a door to the left and just a hall to the right, he heads to the right - following the cooridor. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:14:51 2007] : (69) Daelan: " What of other Edain I encounter down here Thom,am I allowed to kill them or must I wait for them to show their intent,then kill them?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:15:39 2007] : (68) DM: There is a solid iron door at the far end of the corridor on one side of the wall.
[Sun Nov 04 01:15:56 2007] : (66) Thom: "Intent first. If they speak of the Dark Lord, go ahead. But there is a chance that some poor innocent acolyte is down here still."
[Sun Nov 04 01:16:09 2007] : ** (66) Thom reaches the door at the end and goes though his typical routine of searching, listening and unlocking. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:17:25 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Unless they are dwarves,their intent on being down here is evil.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:18:15 2007] : ** (66) Thom simply shakes his head, wondering if Daelan would ever understand, but doubting it. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:18:49 2007] : (62) Morti: "And you use what logic for that?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:19:39 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's locked
[Sun Nov 04 01:19:47 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and features the same nifty doorknob
[Sun Nov 04 01:20:10 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): well darn. you're just no fun. :-)
[Sun Nov 04 01:20:35 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): and there is no way to keep your arm sideways so that its between the two fangs?
[Sun Nov 04 01:20:48 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Nov 04 01:20:48 2007] : (69) Daelan: " You did see the murals on the walls did you not Morti? You do hear the chanting do you not Morti,if it was all for good intentions would it not be done out in the open where everyone can witness it? Since it is down here in and secret that is what I base my logic on."
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:02 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): had to ask. :-)
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:17 2007] : (62) Morti: "But.. what does that have to do with dwarves..?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:48 2007] : (66) Thom: "Just a minute" he mutters as he steps away from the one door and moves to the door at the other end of the hallway (to U29)
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:50 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Only dwarves like the underground,all others use the underground for evil intentions.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:22:10 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): seeing if the other door also has the doorknob.
[Sun Nov 04 01:22:23 2007] : (62) Morti: :seems obviously confused: "I don't think most dwarves would like this kind of underground."
[Sun Nov 04 01:22:51 2007] : (57) Atross: "Apparently, the catacombs for the dead are supposed to be underground. I don't think any of the acolytes are aware of this place though, judging from the screams."
[Sun Nov 04 01:22:57 2007] : (69) Daelan: " My thoughts exactly Morti,thus any Edain down here is evil.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:24:16 2007] : ** (62) Morti hangs his head, unable to think of a reply. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:25:03 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yup
[Sun Nov 04 01:26:23 2007] : ** (66) Thom returns to where he left the others. "Both of them are fanged. These doorknobs are really starting to annoy me." **
[Sun Nov 04 01:27:04 2007] : (69) Daelan: " I do not think bashing the teeth in would be advisable Thom.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:27:23 2007] : (66) Thom: "Agreed, but do you have any other ideas?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:27:28 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Morti,was there anything in the coffins?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:27:52 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Well you do have those 3 spare daggers,perhaps you can pry out enough teeth to open the door.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:28:02 2007] : (62) Morti: :sighs: "Bones and dust"
[Sun Nov 04 01:28:20 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Did they bodies look complete?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:28:41 2007] : ** (62) Morti shrugs **
[Sun Nov 04 01:28:42 2007] : (66) Thom: "Yeah, but when I started that last time - I realized that would also make quite a bit of noise - iron on steel."
[Sun Nov 04 01:29:49 2007] : (69) Daelan: (whispering): since I am smaller,would I be able to open the doors without getting cut?
[Sun Nov 04 01:31:43 2007] : (69) Daelan: " Next time we are in town, I suggest we invest on a pry bar.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:32:48 2007] : (66) Thom: "Ok, but how does that help us now?" Thom turns to the mages, "Do any of you have any ideas?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:33:10 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you might
[Sun Nov 04 01:33:13 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you can always try
[Sun Nov 04 01:33:41 2007] : (62) Morti: "Eh..? For what?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:34:29 2007] : (66) Thom: "How to get past the iron fangs on the doorknobs that are designed to bite into anyone that tries to open the door."
[Sun Nov 04 01:34:30 2007] : (57) Atross: "For opening the doors queitly. I figure if someone screams loudly enough, they'll think it's normal and not investigate."
[Sun Nov 04 01:35:30 2007] : ** (69) Daelan steps forward,inspecting the opening,then slowly slips his hand inside and using only his fingers turns the knob to open the door. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:36:18 2007] : ** (62) Morti blinks, moves toward the door, and looks it over a second. "COuldn't you just wear a bracer to keep from being bitten?" **
[Sun Nov 04 01:36:49 2007] : (66) Thom: "Yes, do you have any bracers?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:37:28 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it refuses to budge
[Sun Nov 04 01:37:43 2007] : ** (62) Morti nods, lifts on arm and pulls down the sleeve to reveal a magical bracer **
[Sun Nov 04 01:38:04 2007] : (62) Morti: "Wanna borrow em?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:38:10 2007] : ** (69) Daelan slowly withdraws his hand," I can not open the door. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:38:33 2007] : (66) Thom: "Sure, that would help."
[Sun Nov 04 01:39:23 2007] : ** (62) Morti removes the bracers quickly, handing them over to Thom. "Good luck." **
[Sun Nov 04 01:40:08 2007] : ** (66) Thom takes the bracers and slides them on. He tests the position by placing his hand next to the doorknob, making sure that the fangs would hit the bracers and not his arm. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:40:55 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): does Morti's bracer idea work?
[Sun Nov 04 01:42:08 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Nov 04 01:42:31 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): no? damn.
[Sun Nov 04 01:43:02 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The fangs try to pierce your skin, and don't
[Sun Nov 04 01:43:15 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that's why it doesn't work
[Sun Nov 04 01:43:42 2007] : (68) DM: The fangs move once Thom inserts his hand inside the maw, but the door refuses to open.
[Sun Nov 04 01:43:58 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): ahh, so blood is what unlocks the door. But what if I unlocked it first?
[Sun Nov 04 01:45:10 2007] : ** (66) Thom frowns and removes his hand. He takes off the bracers and returns them to Morti. "Good idea, but I think it needs blood." **
[Sun Nov 04 01:45:17 2007] : (74) Daelan (enter): 01:45
[Sun Nov 04 01:45:46 2007] : ** (66) Thom bends down to inspect the door again quickly, checking something. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:46:17 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): so - making sure I don't find any poison on the doorknob and seeing if the fangs are hollow.
[Sun Nov 04 01:47:09 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (74) Daelan...
[Sun Nov 04 01:47:24 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the fangs are quite solid
[Sun Nov 04 01:47:36 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and as far as you can tell, there isn't any poison.
[Sun Nov 04 01:47:51 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh, the door is unlocked all right
[Sun Nov 04 01:48:05 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but in order for the door to open fully, the fangs need to pierce your skin.
[Sun Nov 04 01:49:02 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): there is some kind of second lock that the lowering of the fangs permits. When we twisted the earlier ones, they couldn't withdraw and thus didn't need to pierce anything to allow the door to open.
[Sun Nov 04 01:50:02 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): at least - that's what Thom is thinking now.
[Sun Nov 04 01:50:38 2007] : (66) Thom: "Morti - you can call a magical friend, right? Can it open doors, if they are unlocked?
[Sun Nov 04 01:51:34 2007] : (62) Morti: "Magical friend..?" :thinks a moment: "You mean this?" :points to an apparently blank spot: (unseen servant still in effect)
[Sun Nov 04 01:52:40 2007] : (66) Thom: "Uh, I guess. Never saw anything before earlier, but I remember you giving something orders. The door is unlocked, and I think it might be able to open the door."
[Sun Nov 04 01:53:02 2007] : (66) Thom: (( yes - referring to Unseen servant. ))
[Sun Nov 04 01:53:36 2007] : (62) Morti: "Um... I can try."
[Sun Nov 04 01:54:29 2007] : (66) Thom: "Let's try it then."
[Sun Nov 04 01:54:31 2007] : (68) DM: (is it? I don't think it is.)
[Sun Nov 04 01:54:48 2007] : (62) Morti: (huh?)
[Sun Nov 04 01:56:03 2007] : (62) Morti: (if you mean the servant, I have an 8 hour duration with it. Have we been down here that long?)
[Sun Nov 04 01:57:11 2007] : (68) DM: (no, just checking)
[Sun Nov 04 01:58:48 2007] : ** (62) Morti waits for Thom to back away before instructing his servant to open the door. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:59:11 2007] : ** (66) Thom backs away. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:59:48 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): Zane crosses his fingers.
[Sun Nov 04 01:00:04 2007] : (62) Morti: :shurgs: "Servant, please open the door."
[Sun Nov 04 01:00:44 2007] : (68) DM: Nothing happens.
[Sun Nov 04 01:01:04 2007] : (68) DM: (clocks just turned back an hour but I'm fading)
[Sun Nov 04 01:01:17 2007] : (68) DM: (so I'm going to stop in 30 minutes)
[Sun Nov 04 01:01:22 2007] : (66) Thom: (( k ))
[Sun Nov 04 01:01:27 2007] : (62) Morti: :chews his lip: "Nah.. it doesn't seem to wanna do that."
[Sun Nov 04 01:01:46 2007] : (66) Thom: "Oh well, it was worth trying. Thanks Morti."
[Sun Nov 04 01:02:18 2007] : ** (66) Thom moves toward the door, sticking to one side so that he doesn't run over the invisible helper. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:03:00 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(69) Daelan' from room...
[Sun Nov 04 01:03:01 2007] : (69) Daelan (exit): 01:03
[Sun Nov 04 01:03:34 2007] : ** (66) Thom reaches the door and after collecting himself for a moment, he sticks his hand into the maw of the doorknob. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:04:20 2007] : (66) Thom: "Here goes nothing," he mutters as he turns the doorknob, preparing himself for the bite.
[Sun Nov 04 01:04:26 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The fangs pierce your skin and you hear a slight click.
[Sun Nov 04 01:04:31 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lose 1 hp
[Sun Nov 04 01:04:47 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): eh, not that bad after all. :-)
[Sun Nov 04 01:05:13 2007] : ** (66) Thom opens the door slowly, peering beyond it once it's cracked. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:06:35 2007] : (68) DM: A short passage that leads to a flight of stone steps leading up. Flickering torchlight can be seen up above. Cries in the distance.
[Sun Nov 04 01:08:19 2007] : ** (66) Thom opens the door fully, making sure that someone else grabs the door before it closes, and steps through the doorway. He glances back at the other side of the door before moving into the hallway enough to give room for the others. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:08:38 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): does this side of the door have the same fanged doorknob?
[Sun Nov 04 01:08:42 2007] : (62) Morti: (multiple cries? human dries? male cries? female cries? pained cried? .. happy cries..? 0.o)
[Sun Nov 04 01:08:43 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's nondescript.
[Sun Nov 04 01:08:49 2007] : (66) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sun Nov 04 01:09:19 2007] : ** (53) Cael follows Thom through the door, holding it for the next person. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:10:15 2007] : (68) DM: (you can't tell, given that the passages are stone and lots of echoes)
[Sun Nov 04 01:10:22 2007] : ** (74) Daelan steps in behins Cael,holding the door for the next person. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:10:53 2007] : (57) Atross: "Got something to use to keep this open?"
[Sun Nov 04 01:11:21 2007] : (62) Morti: "Hmmm..." :to his servant: "Hold the door."
[Sun Nov 04 01:11:49 2007] : (68) DM: (it does)
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:45 2007] : (62) Morti: :grins: "Hey, I got it to do something." :noticing how incompotent he makes himself sound: "Nevermind." :follows along:
[Sun Nov 04 01:12:51 2007] : ** (66) Thom moves up the stairs slowly, peering over them to what's beyond. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:15:13 2007] : (68) DM: Two flights of stairs descend to the south, ending at a set of massive stone doors embossed with horribly contorted faces. Four deep alcoves, two in the middle landing and two at the bottom of the stairs, line the hall.

The walls here are adorned with repellent symbols and designs save for the north wall, which is marked with four large signs painted in blood.

The signs depict from west to east: a twisted flame, a spiked orb infused with lightning, a cracked screaming face and a downward pointing spike. Beneath each sign is a lever set into the wall.

Someone has etched a rune resembling a whip into each lever's tip and all levers are currently in the "up" position.

[Sun Nov 04 01:15:52 2007] : (68) DM: (at U27)
[Sun Nov 04 01:17:36 2007] : ** (66) Thom looks over the signs and the levers. "Does this scream trap to anyone else?" **
[Sun Nov 04 01:18:02 2007] : (53) Cael: "Well, it definitely isn't subtle."
[Sun Nov 04 01:18:19 2007] : ** (74) Daelan moves over to the wall that is covered in blood,checking to see if it is fresh. **
[Sun Nov 04 01:18:28 2007] : (57) Atross: "I think it's a riddle. On the other hand, seeing the rest of this place, even the right answer won't be pleasant."
[Sun Nov 04 01:18:32 2007] : (68) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Nov 04 01:18:32 2007] : 69 Unknown!
[Sun Nov 04 01:18:38 2007] : whispering to Daelan, nope
[Sun Nov 04 01:19:39 2007] : (66) Thom: "Most likely. Of course, we could avoid it for now, but those massive stone doors seem like a good destination."
[Sun Nov 04 01:20:37 2007] : (68) DM: (this seems like a good place to stop, before I end up with waffle face)
[Sun Nov 04 01:20:48 2007] : (66) Thom: (( works for me. ))
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:11 2007] : (53) Cael: (( Me too. ))
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:15 2007] : (68) DM: I'll see you in a week. y'all are really close
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:21 2007] : (68) DM: thanks for coming
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:22 2007] : (74) Daelan: " Well the blood is not fresh.''
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:36 2007] : (66) Zane: hmm - maybe the alter behind the massive stone doors? :-)
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:44 2007] : (53) J.C.: Heh
[Sun Nov 04 01:21:48 2007] : (68) DM: :)
[Sun Nov 04 01:22:01 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Nov 04 01:22:02 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms