Login
Log inLog in
RegisterRegister
Forum IndexForum Index

Ads

Who is Online
6 users online
1 Registered
0 Hidden
5 Guests
Registered Users: ShawnRop


Back to Damrosil Logs
[Sat Oct 27 20:55:31 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC (enter): 20:55

[Sat Oct 27 20:55:31 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC (enter): 20:55
[Sat Oct 27 20:55:31 2007] : Server Administrator->
[Sat Oct 27 20:55:31 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease (enter): 20:55
[Sat Oct 27 20:55:32 2007] : (282) Lunauc (enter): 20:55
[Sat Oct 27 20:55:32 2007] : (284) Donovan (enter): 20:55
[Sat Oct 27 20:55:32 2007] : (285) J.C. (enter): 20:55
[Sat Oct 27 20:55:32 2007] : (287) Daelan (enter): 20:55
[Sat Oct 27 20:55:38 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of GM to (289) TaliesinNYC...
[Sat Oct 27 20:56:09 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: wow Daelan's here
[Sat Oct 27 20:56:11 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: imagine that
[Sat Oct 27 20:56:28 2007] : (290) Daelan (enter): 20:56
[Sat Oct 27 20:56:37 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (290) Daelan...
[Sat Oct 27 20:56:40 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: Booting '(287) Daelan' from room...
[Sat Oct 27 20:56:40 2007] : (287) Daelan (exit): 20:56
[Sat Oct 27 20:56:55 2007] : (290) Daelan: well lets see how long I can stay this time
[Sat Oct 27 20:57:33 2007] : (284) Donovan: Yes, there've been some cloning issues.
[Sat Oct 27 20:57:41 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: oh?
[Sat Oct 27 20:57:42 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: brb
[Sat Oct 27 21:04:19 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sat Oct 27 21:04:39 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: who are we missing?
[Sat Oct 27 21:05:02 2007] : (284) Donovan: Zane (thom).
[Sat Oct 27 21:05:19 2007] : (284) Donovan: (Won't this be... interesting...)
[Sat Oct 27 21:06:41 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (we need to wait for him and then we'll start
[Sat Oct 27 21:06:51 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (which is just as well, I need to do some mapping)
[Sat Oct 27 21:06:59 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: Zane wont be here
[Sat Oct 27 21:07:05 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: oh? why not?
[Sat Oct 27 21:07:41 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 27 21:07:41 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): did we kill Vael?
[Sat Oct 27 21:07:47 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sat Oct 27 21:07:54 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: Dont remember but do remember he sent an email saying he wouldnt be here today
[Sat Oct 27 21:07:56 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: ok
[Sat Oct 27 21:08:03 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: I still need to do some mapping
[Sat Oct 27 21:08:07 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: so gimme a sec
[Sat Oct 27 21:08:30 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): He is from the house of Dres too I have the feeling he may be down here or somewhere near by.
[Sat Oct 27 21:09:27 2007] : (285) J.C.: Yeah, he sent an email out saying that there was a good chance he wouldn't make it this week.
[Sat Oct 27 21:12:13 2007] : ** (289) TaliesinNYC whistles, looking innocently **
[Sat Oct 27 21:19:44 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: ok let's go
[Sat Oct 27 21:19:49 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: What has gone before: (279) Daelan: " Not all powers are good Thom,they only seem that way since they are being used by good,use caution when exploring the unknown.''
(262) Thom: "I understand your concern, but if it's all the same I'll take morality lessons from someone that is not a blood-thirsty killer."
(262) Thom: (( then heading towards the bridge, heading the way the one guy was trying to run out to warn the others.\ ))
(273) Atross: "I think that powers are just powers. Not necessarily good or evil."
(279) Daelan: " I do not concider myself blood thirsty Thom,I am merely good at what I was trained to do.''
(278) DM: To your right is a closed stone door.
(262) Thom: "Regardless of what you consider yourself, things are as they are." Noticing the stone door, he moves to check it for traps and to listen.
** (262) Thom pulls out some tools and works on unlocking the door. **
(278) DM: A needle juts out of the lock and sprays a fine mist in your (Thom's) face.
** (262) Thom tries to rub the mist off his face, then moving his hands over his neck and chest, scratching. **
(279) Daelan: " Stay still Thom.''
(274) Morti: "Thom. are you alright?
** (279) Daelan takes some of his water and pours it on his face. **
(262) Thom: "Damn mist." he sputters as Daelan drenches him.
(279) Daelan: ( pouring the water on Thoms face)
** (279) Daelan empties half his waterskin on his face then corks it **
** (279) Daelan leans down and inspects Thoms face **
(262) Thom: "Thanks, now I'm itchy and wet."
(274) Morti: "Eesh.. what was that?"
** (262) Thom fights himself to scratch all over. "A trap I missed, and an annoying one at that." **
(279) Daelan: " Had you not started scratching,I may have been able to wash it off."
(274) Morti: "Will you be okay?"
(262) Thom: "You know Daelan, you don't like - you find the damn traps on your own. I'd love to see how you reacted to it."
(279) Daelan: " It is not that I do not like what you are doing Thom,you have your talents and I have mine.''
** (262) Thom wipes his off on the dirt floor, trying to remove any excess of the mist still there. "I tihnk so Morti, but my entire body itches like hell right now, not just my face." **
(279) Daelan: " Now from the looks of it you have been sprayed with a rather nasty poison.''
(262) Thom: "Figured as much. Not many practical jokers put itching poweder in a trapped door."
(279) Daelan: " If I am not mistaken,which I am not,you have a week before you are paralyzed.''
(262) Thom: "Well, ain't that great. Since you know what it is, do you know the cure as well?"
** (279) Daelan takes off his pack,opens it up and begins to look around inside it. **
(273) Atross: "I'm sure the acolytes up above will be happy to do something about it, once we deal with Andress."
(279) Daelan: " I have some herbs that I can mix that will slow the poison.''
** (262) Thom moves his hand to his neck, but stops himself barely before scratching any more. "And I'm guessing that scratching will spread the poison?" **
(279) Daelan: " Yes it does.''
(262) Thom: "Of course."
(262) Thom: "Mix what you can Daelan. The rest of you can check out what's beyond the door, since it's clear now."
** (279) Daelan pulls out a healers kit and begins to mix some herbs together along with alittle water,he makes a salve and begins to place it on the areas that Thom scratched. **
** (278) Rhian comforts Ados as best as she can, speaking to him in urgent, quiet tones. **
(278) Rhian: "I can't stay with you but the least I can do is tell you you'll be all right here."
(279) Daelan: " This should ease the wish to scratch and it will slow the onset of the paralysis by atleast a few days.''
** (273) Atross nudges the door open by the edge of his bow. **
(262) Thom: "Thank you." Thom mutters as he stands back up and recollects himself.
(278) DM: To your immediate left is a closed wooden door that does not appear to have a lock on it. Ahead is an archway that leads to what appears to be a sleeping chamber.
(279) Daelan: " Not bad for a blood thirsty killer huh.''
(262) Thom: "I guess you have your moments. But you could still use more of them." Thom moves into the next room, checking out the sleeping chambers first.
** (273) Atross creeps forward to the archway first, rather than risk the door. **
(278) DM: This is a very well-appointed bedroom. It could easily be a nobleman's quarters.
(278) DM: Painted on one wall is the crest of House Dres.
(278) DM: On another wall is a map of Ruairi and the surrounding vicinity. A large number of markers have been placed on it.
** (262) Thom moves to study the map and the markers. **
(278) DM: It looks like it's used for more thna sleeping. Perhaps a meeting room?
** (262) Thom tries to locate what the markers are for, expecting to see one for the temple and one for the farm. **
** (274) Morti follows in tentatively after Thom and Atross looking around the bedchamber idly **
(279) Daelan: " Perhaps those markers represent all those who serve the House of Dres.''
(274) Morti: "Markers..?" :moves to the map, looking it over, wondering it the positions form out some symbol or discernable pattern, like a search spiral or grid.:
(262) Thom: "If this is all House Dres, this is going to be difficult. It seems that they have markers all over, and appear to be trying to cut off Nith'Tar Valon.
(262) Thom: "Someone get Rhian in here, I think she will want to see this."

[Sat Oct 27 21:19:59 2007] : (289) DM: (from last session)
[Sat Oct 27 21:20:16 2007] : (289) DM: (someone want to play Thom? just for RP sakes please)
[Sat Oct 27 21:20:48 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (( I can I guess since Sevis is elsewhere ))
[Sat Oct 27 21:21:07 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (( though I aam gona go smoke first ))
[Sat Oct 27 21:22:10 2007] : (282) Lunauc: (I thnk the last thing I did was a knowledge check if the markers made any symbol or blatant search pattern.)
[Sat Oct 27 21:23:16 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, they appear to be choke points that would severely limit travel to and from Nith'Tar Valon
[Sat Oct 27 21:25:40 2007] : (282) Morti: "Hmmmm..." :Morti scratched his covered neck as he eyes the map: "Blockades maybe...?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:26:34 2007] : (284) Atross: "You mean they're planning to lay seige to... Nith'Tar Valon? They'd have to be crazy."
[Sat Oct 27 21:28:04 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 27 21:28:05 2007] : (284) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Now that I think about it, DJ's doing a good job of playing like Thom already.
[Sat Oct 27 21:28:21 2007] : ** (282) Morti shrugs, "I dunno.. is the city on guard? They might be marking local defenses they need to pass." **
[Sat Oct 27 21:28:28 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Well they may be using this town as a staging place for thier attack on Nith'Tar Valon.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:30:39 2007] : (276) Zane: (( back ))
[Sat Oct 27 21:31:09 2007] : ** (276) Zane waits for Rhian to come look at the map and give her opinion **
[Sat Oct 27 21:31:14 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): The woman I recognized was her name either Naedara or Almeena?
[Sat Oct 27 21:31:55 2007] : (282) Morti: "Ooo.. spooky. I wonder if these markers are for teams they already have blocking the way. If so... Sevis...."
[Sat Oct 27 21:32:11 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Naedara
[Sat Oct 27 21:32:17 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you've never seen Almeena ever
[Sat Oct 27 21:32:33 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): though she's now calling herself "Andress"
[Sat Oct 27 21:32:45 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Someone wanted to see me?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:32:56 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): see we Quessir never forget.
[Sat Oct 27 21:33:21 2007] : (276) Zane: "Yes, I wanted you to look at this map. It appears as if someone is attempting to cut the Tower off."
[Sat Oct 27 21:33:32 2007] : (290) Daelan: " What if they have a wizard inside Morti?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:34:01 2007] : (284) Atross: "Or perhaps planning, but what do you make of it, since you know this area better."
[Sat Oct 27 21:34:30 2007] : (289) DM: (can you use a different color please? I have to squint to read it.)
[Sat Oct 27 21:34:33 2007] : (282) Morti: "Huh? I dunno."
[Sat Oct 27 21:34:55 2007] : ** (289) Rhian turns to face the wall as she studies the map. **
[Sat Oct 27 21:34:59 2007] : (276) Zane: (( ya just changed it ))
[Sat Oct 27 21:35:05 2007] : (276) Zane: (( this better? ))
[Sat Oct 27 21:35:18 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Interesting." (narrows her eyes)
[Sat Oct 27 21:35:21 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Well if the House of Dres has a wizard on the inside,it would make attacking it easier Morti.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:35:34 2007] : (289) DM: (it's light blue. please make it darker)
[Sat Oct 27 21:36:23 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Someone wants to isolate the island...but why?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:36:23 2007] : (282) Morti: "They could have fifty Black Sisters for all we know." :groans: "Now you're making me nervous."
[Sat Oct 27 21:36:50 2007] : (276) Zane: "Maybe it has something to do with that dream you said you had?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:37:01 2007] : (285) Cael: "Is the island capable of sustaining itself if it is successfully cut off?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:37:50 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Perhaps to keep us away Rhian,these are the very people who cursed me not to long ago.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:37:56 2007] : (289) Rhian: "In all the years that the city has stood, we have never fallen save for once, when the Aire burst out of The Wastes. Whomever wishes to lay siege to the City of the Tower is a fool, so this must be for some other reason."
[Sat Oct 27 21:38:42 2007] : (282) Morti: "Maybe they're looking for someone."
[Sat Oct 27 21:39:36 2007] : ** (289) Rhian turns to look over at Morti, placing her hands on her hips. "And who would that be?" **
[Sat Oct 27 21:39:44 2007] : (290) Daelan: " The one who calls herself Andress now,was once called Naedara and she serves Vael and the House of Dres.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:40:40 2007] : (290) Daelan: " For all we know it may be you Rhian,they did seem interested in spying on you not to long ago.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:40:45 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Even when the Aire took their war to our doorstep, the City was untouched, though the Bridge of Light was cut off from the mainland. We would have had our walls breached had we not surrendered he who the Aire were pursuing."
[Sat Oct 27 21:41:02 2007] : ** (282) Morti turns a shrug to Rhian. "I-uh-.. I dunno." :scratching himself nervously, "I just mean.. even if they block off the roadways people could still teleport or fly over or send messages for aid. So... why wait at all the roads in and out of the city?" **
[Sat Oct 27 21:41:21 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I? I am unimportant. What could they possibly want with me?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:41:50 2007] : ** (289) Rhian turns to look back at the map once more, tapping her lips with a fingernail. **
[Sat Oct 27 21:41:56 2007] : ** (282) Morti seems about to answer.. but censors himself. **
[Sat Oct 27 21:42:26 2007] : (289) Rhian: "That is a very good question." (murmurs)
[Sat Oct 27 21:42:50 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Perhaps you know something they need.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:43:04 2007] : (282) Morti: "Uh... maybe we'll find out once we get to the city. And.. because you are an aes sedai... maybe we should disguise you on the way in... huh?"'
[Sat Oct 27 21:43:05 2007] : (289) Rhian: "The art of Travelling is not generally known to my Sisters. But still..."
[Sat Oct 27 21:43:48 2007] : (289) Rhian: "No, I think the answer, whatever it is, is here. So we should look closely, or seek it out."
[Sat Oct 27 21:44:23 2007] : (289) DM: (brb)
[Sat Oct 27 21:44:59 2007] : (282) Morti: "Doesn't that mean going against the farm of evil?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:45:48 2007] : ** (276) Zane looks around the room to see if there is anything else of intrest then the map **
[Sat Oct 27 21:48:44 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Something is going on in this village, and I mean to find out exactly what it is. If it concerns the Tower, then it concerns me."
[Sat Oct 27 21:49:10 2007] : (282) Morti: "Y-yes, Ma'am."
[Sat Oct 27 21:49:15 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Well it is not like we were just going to leave and let that place stand now were we Morti?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:49:16 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This close to the Tower is troubling."
[Sat Oct 27 21:49:48 2007] : (282) Morti: ?
[Sat Oct 27 21:49:49 2007] : (282) Morti: "Wouldn't it be a good idea to go and alert the tower instead
[Sat Oct 27 21:50:09 2007] : (285) Cael: "We need more information."
[Sat Oct 27 21:50:26 2007] : (289) Rhian: "It might, but then we would need to leave here. I will not be able to Travel there so soon after transporting you here."
[Sat Oct 27 21:50:27 2007] : (282) Morti: "I mean... they could likely put together a larger strike force than us... and... if something happens to us.. who warns them?"
[Sat Oct 27 21:51:02 2007] : ** (282) Morti hangs his head, groaning habitually, "Yes, ma'am." **
[Sat Oct 27 21:51:44 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Fear not, little one. Whomever -- or whatever is happening -- will learn what it is to deal with an Aes Sedai."
[Sat Oct 27 21:52:10 2007] : ** (289) Rhian glances once more at the map. "I have to see to Adso." **
[Sat Oct 27 21:52:23 2007] : (284) Atross: "You're forgetting their side of the issue. Who are we? No one they know. Where's the threat? We don't yet know. Even if we're believed, we need to know more before they could send an army after this."
[Sat Oct 27 21:52:47 2007] : ** (289) Rhian slips out of the bedroom with a thoughtful look on her face. **
[Sat Oct 27 21:52:54 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I say we kill most of everyone we meet down here,those we let live we question,then we kill them.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:53:06 2007] : (282) Morti: :shrugs to Atross: "I was just kind of hoping they would take Rhian's word for it."
[Sat Oct 27 21:54:10 2007] : (282) Morti: :then turns an angry glance to Dalen: "And would you stop trying to kill EVERYTHING?!" :then hurries out after Rhian:
[Sat Oct 27 21:55:36 2007] : ** (290) Daelan calls out after Morti leaves," Atleast I kill them,Atross on the other hand,wounds them,then ties them up to be eaten by a pack of rats,and you call me bloodthirsty.'' **
[Sat Oct 27 21:56:19 2007] : ** (289) Rhian speaks comfortingly to Ados and pats his hand. **
[Sat Oct 27 21:56:42 2007] : (282) Morti: "Atross doesn't keep insisting we kill everyone we meet. I'm getting scared to sleep around you. You might get thirsty for a human to kill and see easy pickings."
[Sat Oct 27 21:56:44 2007] : (284) Atross: "The rats won't eat him, they have plenty of less troublesome food at hand."
[Sat Oct 27 21:57:33 2007] : (290) Daelan: " If he is bleeding they will turn on him quickly Atross.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:57:57 2007] : (289) Rhian: "....May the Light be with you." (to Ados as she closes the door to the caves)
[Sat Oct 27 21:58:46 2007] : (290) Daelan: " So far everyone we have met has been trying to kill us,so I believe in doing so before they can Morti.''
[Sat Oct 27 21:58:55 2007] : (284) Atross: "Fortunate for him that the fire dried up the wounds already then."
[Sat Oct 27 21:59:52 2007] : (276) Thom: (( what room are we in BTW? ))
[Sat Oct 27 22:00:03 2007] : (284) Atross: ((U3))
[Sat Oct 27 22:00:10 2007] : (282) Morti: "And what happens when y are wrong? When someone isn't the murderer you want to believe they are? What happens when you do kill an innocent? Is it still justified.. as long as they aren't one of you rkind?"
[Sat Oct 27 22:01:11 2007] : (290) Daelan: " So far I have not been wrong Morti.''
[Sat Oct 27 22:01:29 2007] : ** (276) Thom goes and examines the door to the next room ((to U4)) **
[Sat Oct 27 22:01:44 2007] : (282) Morti: "How do you know, when the only people who know for sure you've killed?"
[Sat Oct 27 22:02:55 2007] : whispering to Dj Gilcrease, isn't locked
[Sat Oct 27 22:03:24 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 27 22:03:25 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Trapped?
[Sat Oct 27 22:03:26 2007] : (290) Daelan: " So we are in agreement then Morti,those that have fallen to my bow,deserved it.''
[Sat Oct 27 22:03:47 2007] : (282) Morti: "I didn't say that!"
[Sat Oct 27 22:04:27 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sat Oct 27 22:04:32 2007] : (282) Morti: "Regardless of what you choose to believe... I can't accept it. I can't accept that anyone deserves to die, just because you're afraid of them."
[Sat Oct 27 22:05:04 2007] : (276) Thom: "We done in this room? This door is open and untrapped
[Sat Oct 27 22:05:17 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I fear no Edain Morti.''
[Sat Oct 27 22:05:32 2007] : ** (290) Daelan follows behind Thom **
[Sat Oct 27 22:05:44 2007] : (284) Atross: "I think we can continue the conversation in the next room, yes."
[Sat Oct 27 22:05:53 2007] : ** (285) Cael nods. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:06:11 2007] : ** (276) Thom opens the door to the next room **
[Sat Oct 27 22:06:13 2007] : (282) Morti: "You fear they will attack you. You fear they will kill you. You fear they will betray you. So you kill them to avoid that."
[Sat Oct 27 22:06:36 2007] : (284) Atross: "In some way, it's always fear that drives such actions, Morti. It's not always wrong. Nor is it always right."
[Sat Oct 27 22:06:59 2007] : (282) Morti: "But if you're plotting their deaths as they plot yours... how is it they deserve to die.. but you don't?"
[Sat Oct 27 22:07:58 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I kill them,because they are trying to kill me,and the reason I still draw breath is because I am better then they are.''
[Sat Oct 27 22:08:41 2007] : (282) Morti: "Being better at killing does not make you a better person."
[Sat Oct 27 22:09:02 2007] : (276) Thom: "It does in some circles."
[Sat Oct 27 22:09:29 2007] : ** (282) Morti casts Thom a hurt look. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:09:41 2007] : ** (290) Daelan smiles at Morti **
[Sat Oct 27 22:09:47 2007] : (289) DM: This small room (U4) is lined with shelves from top to bottom and filled with several hundred torches. Two wooden boxes lie on the floor, closed.
[Sat Oct 27 22:10:05 2007] : (276) Thom: "Didnt say it was in circles we should associate with."
[Sat Oct 27 22:11:10 2007] : ** (276) Thom binks at the sudden influx of light **
[Sat Oct 27 22:11:35 2007] : (290) Daelan: " The last Edain I killed was not trying to kill me Morti,I did so because Thom asked me too.''
[Sat Oct 27 22:12:00 2007] : (276) Thom: "Wonder why all the torches packed into such a small room"
[Sat Oct 27 22:12:22 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Well you Humans do not see very well in the dark Thom.''
[Sat Oct 27 22:12:36 2007] : ** (282) Morti just shakes his head and walks away out of the room(back into u7) "I'm glad you're so proud." **
[Sat Oct 27 22:12:52 2007] : ** (276) Thom slowly enters the room and examines the left hand box **
[Sat Oct 27 22:13:34 2007] : (284) Donovan: (whispering): (GW): Are we talking lit torches or stored torches?
[Sat Oct 27 22:13:38 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): they don't have locks
[Sat Oct 27 22:13:44 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and it's not trapped
[Sat Oct 27 22:13:53 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 27 22:13:53 2007] : (285) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): I was just starting to think the same thing.
[Sat Oct 27 22:14:19 2007] : ** (276) Thom opens the box **
[Sat Oct 27 22:14:30 2007] : (285) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): No, in the room full of torches.
[Sat Oct 27 22:17:31 2007] : (289) DM: It's crammed full to the brim with tindertwigs.
[Sat Oct 27 22:18:07 2007] : ** (276) Thom opens the other box to confirm his guess that this is a supply room **
[Sat Oct 27 22:18:28 2007] : (282) Morti: (brb)
[Sat Oct 27 22:18:35 2007] : (289) DM: Contents are similar to the left box.
[Sat Oct 27 22:19:10 2007] : ** (276) Thom nods the heads out **
[Sat Oct 27 22:19:25 2007] : (276) Thom: "Well more clues are not here, this is just a store room."
[Sat Oct 27 22:19:36 2007] : (285) Cael: "Indeed."
[Sat Oct 27 22:20:05 2007] : (284) Atross: "We did learn one thing here, they have a whole lot of torches."
[Sat Oct 27 22:20:05 2007] : (276) Thom: "Though we might want to stock up on a torch or two before we move on."
[Sat Oct 27 22:20:37 2007] : ** (276) Thom pockets a handfull of tinder twigs **
[Sat Oct 27 22:20:44 2007] : ** (290) Daelan takes a large handful of tindertwigs and puts them in his pack. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:22:45 2007] : (285) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): Well, U6 is closer, so logically that would be the one I'd head to.
[Sat Oct 27 22:23:17 2007] : (285) J.C.: (whispering): (GW): But, at the same time, I rarely follow logic.
[Sat Oct 27 22:23:58 2007] : ** (276) Thom leads the others to the next door and starts checking it ((The one that goes off the map)) **
[Sat Oct 27 22:24:38 2007] : ** (284) Atross likewise adds some tindertwigs and though not sure when they'll be useful, some ripe-for-the-burning torches. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:25:56 2007] : ** (290) Daelan continues to follow along behind Thom **
[Sat Oct 27 22:26:22 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so you're skipping U5 and U6? checking
[Sat Oct 27 22:26:28 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and it's locked
[Sat Oct 27 22:26:33 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but doesn't seem to be trapped
[Sat Oct 27 22:26:48 2007] : ** (282) Morti waits out in the large chamber(u7), seated against the wall by the door, petting moiraine in his lap. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:26:50 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ya since this door is closer
[Sat Oct 27 22:27:07 2007] : (284) Atross: "I mean to say, judging by the number of torches here, they're supplying a large operation. A lot more than that one group we ran into."
[Sat Oct 27 22:27:09 2007] : ** (276) Thom pulls out to unlock the door **
[Sat Oct 27 22:29:05 2007] : (282) Morti: "torches..?" :asks curiously under his breath, having not looked in the store room.:
[Sat Oct 27 22:30:12 2007] : (289) DM: The door opens to reveal a darkened corridor that proceeds for several feet before ending in a closed stone door.
[Sat Oct 27 22:30:27 2007] : (289) DM: It's quite cool inside, and damp
[Sat Oct 27 22:30:54 2007] : (284) Atross: "Yeah. They've got loads of them. Tindertwigs too. Could have a torch-wielding mob ready on short notice and have some left over."
[Sat Oct 27 22:31:18 2007] : ** (282) Morti blinks silently **
[Sat Oct 27 22:31:49 2007] : ** (276) Thom moves down the hall to the next door and starts checking it **
[Sat Oct 27 22:32:37 2007] : ** (285) Cael moves down the hallway, keeping his distance from the door, while remaining close enough to react if he need to. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:32:51 2007] : (282) Morti: "Miss Rhian... those points marked on the map... are there anythings at those spots that would burn? Houses, towers, bridges, forests...?"
[Sat Oct 27 22:32:59 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sec
[Sat Oct 27 22:33:01 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's locked
[Sat Oct 27 22:33:26 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and quite cool on the other end
[Sat Oct 27 22:33:33 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and you can hear running water
[Sat Oct 27 22:33:52 2007] : ** (276) Thom takes out his tools yet again **
[Sat Oct 27 22:34:21 2007] : (276) Thom: "There is running water on the otherside" ** whispers back to the others **
[Sat Oct 27 22:36:30 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Anything not made of stone."
[Sat Oct 27 22:37:05 2007] : (282) Morti: "Right.. I just wanted to make sure there was nothing.. specific.. nevermind."
[Sat Oct 27 22:37:53 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you don't seem to have detected any traps. :)
[Sat Oct 27 22:38:19 2007] : ** (276) Thom attempts to unlock the door **
[Sat Oct 27 22:40:45 2007] : (289) DM: A 10' wide stream cuts diagonally across this oddly shaped room. The floor drops about 1' to the water surface, and a wooden bridge spans the stream near the middle of the chamber. A staircase to the north rises 10' and connects to a tunnel leading west. An archway can be seen adjacent to the staircase, and a door stands closed on the eastern side of the chamber.
[Sat Oct 27 22:41:04 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): success and I assume you opened it
[Sat Oct 27 22:41:20 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): ya
[Sat Oct 27 22:41:23 2007] : (276) Thom: (( I need to run to the store before they close, I will return ASAP ))
[Sat Oct 27 22:41:29 2007] : (289) DM: (as I mentioned to DJ, he's successful and I assume he opened it to peek through)
[Sat Oct 27 22:45:08 2007] : (284) Atross: (whispering): (GW): Well, we're not waiting for him to get back so.
[Sat Oct 27 22:45:18 2007] : (289) DM: (so...)
[Sat Oct 27 22:45:49 2007] : ** (284) Atross creeps slowly through the room, treading carefully over the bridge, looking down to guess the water's depth. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:47:00 2007] : ** (290) Daelan enters the room and quickly steps off to the left of the door as he scans the room **
[Sat Oct 27 22:47:18 2007] : ** (282) Morti gets up from his seat, tucking Moiraine safely away back in his pocket, and he follows after the others. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:47:20 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): quite deep
[Sat Oct 27 22:47:25 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 10' at least
[Sat Oct 27 22:48:08 2007] : (284) Donovan: (whispering): Running fast?
[Sat Oct 27 22:49:54 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): stagnant
[Sat Oct 27 22:50:36 2007] : (289) DM: It's quite cool inside this chamber. There seems to be designs etched on the walls but you can't tell what they are. Perhaps if you had some light...
[Sat Oct 27 22:52:03 2007] : ** (282) Morti looks about the room, his eyes settling on the faint etchings. He holds his torch out to illuminate them for examination **
[Sat Oct 27 22:53:42 2007] : (284) Atross: "Hmm, fairly deep water here, though not in any hurry to get anywhere."
[Sat Oct 27 22:53:53 2007] : ** (290) Daelan studies the etchings as Morti illuminates the room. **
[Sat Oct 27 22:54:42 2007] : (289) DM: The designs are all revolting.
[Sat Oct 27 22:55:03 2007] : (289) DM: They're symbols and pictures that have to do with the inflicting of pain and torture.
[Sat Oct 27 22:56:21 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): can I tell how long ago they were made?
[Sat Oct 27 22:59:06 2007] : ** (282) Morti draws the torch back, in no mood to see suc things, as he follows along. "What are we looking for?" **
[Sat Oct 27 22:59:44 2007] : (299) PantherClaw (enter): 22:59
[Sat Oct 27 23:00:01 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): quite a long time ago
[Sat Oct 27 23:00:09 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): at least a few months
[Sat Oct 27 23:00:39 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I'm not sure, but whatever it is, I have a feeling we'll know it when we see it."
[Sat Oct 27 23:01:04 2007] : (290) Daelan: " It seems this place has been around longer than I had thought,these etchings have been here for several months if not more.''
[Sat Oct 27 23:01:06 2007] : (284) Atross: "Evidence that this isn't a temple of light and good would be one good example. I'd say we're close."
[Sat Oct 27 23:02:13 2007] : (289) DM: This chamber appears to have seen much use judging by the number of tracks on the ground.
[Sat Oct 27 23:02:24 2007] : (299) PantherClaw (exit): 23:02
[Sat Oct 27 23:03:02 2007] : ** (290) Daelan walks over to the bridge,as he inspects the tracks. **
[Sat Oct 27 23:03:33 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): is there any way I can tell how long the tracks were made and how many people made them?
[Sat Oct 27 23:05:01 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): sure
[Sat Oct 27 23:05:04 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): make a tracking check
[Sat Oct 27 23:06:00 2007] : (276) Thom: (( back, sorry for the delay ))
[Sat Oct 27 23:06:01 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're a ranger and you're asking me that question? 0.o
[Sat Oct 27 23:06:28 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): Wilderness Lore: [1d20+10+1] => [20,10,1] = (31)
[Sat Oct 27 23:06:54 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): well I figured asking the dm about tracks would be a good thing
[Sat Oct 27 23:07:47 2007] : ** (276) Thom follows Daelan across the bridge **
[Sat Oct 27 23:08:47 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lol
[Sat Oct 27 23:09:02 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): quite a number of people (more than 15)
[Sat Oct 27 23:09:18 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and all human from the appearance of tracks and foot placement
[Sat Oct 27 23:09:28 2007] : (276) Thom: (( connection check ))
[Sat Oct 27 23:10:01 2007] : ** (285) Cael examines the tracks himself while following Daelan and Thom across the bridge. **
[Sat Oct 27 23:10:14 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Edain,more than 15,all within the last few days,this place has been used quite often Thom.''
[Sat Oct 27 23:11:00 2007] : (285) Cael: "Well, there were how many in the room we first entered? That accounts for nearly half of the tracks, does it not?"
[Sat Oct 27 23:11:13 2007] : (282) Morti: "Fifteen different people..? Or fifteen tracks going back and forth?"
[Sat Oct 27 23:13:07 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's quite a lot of traffic. Now whether that's 15 different people or 15 people total is not something you can figure out.
[Sat Oct 27 23:13:09 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Different,though some do appear more often than others,but mostly from atleast 15 Edain.''
[Sat Oct 27 23:13:35 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): reading is fundamental lol
[Sat Oct 27 23:13:40 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): 15 different people
[Sat Oct 27 23:14:56 2007] : (282) Morti: "Hmmm..." :looks around: "Which direction is the temple from here?"
[Sat Oct 27 23:16:36 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): Intuit Direction: [1d20+6+1+4] => [5,6,1,4] = (16) to determine which direction the temple is in.
[Sat Oct 27 23:17:03 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're unable to determine -- perhaps because you're underground?
[Sat Oct 27 23:17:05 2007] : ** (290) Daelan closes his eyes for a second. **
[Sat Oct 27 23:17:42 2007] : ** (289) Rhian looks around, though whether she's unfazed by the designs is impossible to determine. **
[Sat Oct 27 23:17:47 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Difficult to say Morti,I think it may be from being underground.
[Sat Oct 27 23:18:40 2007] : (282) Morti: (int check to recall besed on the turns we've taken?)
[Sat Oct 27 23:20:00 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, sure
[Sat Oct 27 23:20:19 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, roll
[Sat Oct 27 23:20:22 2007] : (282) Morti: Int check: [1d20+3] => [20,3] = (23)
[Sat Oct 27 23:20:28 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, east
[Sat Oct 27 23:20:34 2007] : whispering to Lunauc, ignore the compass on the map
[Sat Oct 27 23:20:51 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sat Oct 27 23:20:51 2007] : (282) Morti: (whispering): which way is east on this map?
[Sat Oct 27 23:21:45 2007] : (284) Atross: (whispering): (GW): If that's how you're going to be then I suppose so.
[Sat Oct 27 23:22:58 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): east is to U21
[Sat Oct 27 23:23:24 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): perhaps if you paid attention to the room descriptions since I actually tune them so that it's easy to tell which way is north
[Sat Oct 27 23:23:49 2007] : ** (282) Morti takes a moment to think, before pointing toward the door to the right(u21) "I think it's that way." **
[Sat Oct 27 23:24:29 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I know that sounds harsh but when I describe a room, I try to word things so that it's easy to tell which way is which by matching the description to the map
[Sat Oct 27 23:24:51 2007] : ** (276) Thom nods and goes to check the door **
[Sat Oct 27 23:25:19 2007] : (282) Morti: (whispering): sorry bout that
[Sat Oct 27 23:25:53 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's locked but that's not what draws your attention
[Sat Oct 27 23:26:05 2007] : (289) Rhian: The door has a rather unusual doorknob.
[Sat Oct 27 23:26:12 2007] : (289) DM: (woops)
[Sat Oct 27 23:26:21 2007] : (289) DM: The door has a rather unusual doorknob.
[Sat Oct 27 23:26:57 2007] : ** (276) Thom raises an eyebrow at the doorknob **
[Sat Oct 27 23:27:15 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): whats Odd about it?
[Sat Oct 27 23:27:21 2007] : (289) DM: The doorknob is set inside a demonic "face" replete with fangs and a tooth-filled maw. Opening the door requires that whomever wants to do so must insert his or her hand inside the maw and twist it in such a way that would cause injury to the opener.
[Sat Oct 27 23:27:39 2007] : (289) DM: It is an otherwise nondescript stone door.
[Sat Oct 27 23:29:46 2007] : ** (282) Morti reaches into his pocket, getting out a bit of string and wood, as he asks Thom, "Are there any traps?" **
[Sat Oct 27 23:30:15 2007] : (276) Thom: "Other then the demonic teeth, not that I see."
[Sat Oct 27 23:31:56 2007] : ** (282) Morti nods, then focuses his attention. With a flourish of gestures and murmurs he brings the string and wood to dance to life, before evaproating away, bringing a bout an invisible effect(unseen servant) "Step back, please." **
[Sat Oct 27 23:32:12 2007] : ** (276) Thom nods and moves back away from the door **
[Sat Oct 27 23:32:25 2007] : ** (285) Cael steps back and watches intently. **
[Sat Oct 27 23:32:37 2007] : ** (282) Morti instructs his servant, "Please, open the door." **
[Sat Oct 27 23:33:12 2007] : (289) DM: Tracks appear on the ground indicating that the "servant" has walked to the door, yet nothing happens.
[Sat Oct 27 23:33:35 2007] : (282) Morti: "Hmmm.. What's wrong?"
[Sat Oct 27 23:35:10 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Perhaps blood is needed to open the door.''
[Sat Oct 27 23:35:41 2007] : ** (282) Morti scratches his head, "Maybe.. " **
[Sat Oct 27 23:36:22 2007] : ** (276) Thom motions to Daelan to feel free to open the door **
[Sat Oct 27 23:36:56 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): poke
[Sat Oct 27 23:37:41 2007] : (290) Daelan: " You are the trap finder,you open the door.''
[Sat Oct 27 23:38:59 2007] : (284) Atross: "Maybe they just don't want the door opened."
[Sat Oct 27 23:39:46 2007] : (276) Thom: "Let me see if I can unlock it without cuttingmyself, then maybe your servent will have btter luck"
[Sat Oct 27 23:40:37 2007] : ** (276) Thom returns to the door and takes out his tools and tries to unlock it without cutting his hands **
[Sat Oct 27 23:41:09 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you find that you're able to unlock the door
[Sat Oct 27 23:41:18 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): opening it however is another matter
[Sat Oct 27 23:41:42 2007] : ** (276) Thom shakes his head **
[Sat Oct 27 23:42:12 2007] : (276) Thom: "Cant unlock it without catching myself on the Teeth."
[Sat Oct 27 23:42:47 2007] : (285) J.C.: (whispering): Is the fanged head made of stone also?
[Sat Oct 27 23:43:12 2007] : (282) Morti: "You could try breaking the teeth out."
[Sat Oct 27 23:43:23 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Well we did leave those 2 Edain alive behind us,perhaps we could get one of them to open the door.''
[Sat Oct 27 23:45:53 2007] : ** (282) Morti nods **
[Sat Oct 27 23:45:54 2007] : ** (276) Thom shrugs and attempts to break out one of the teeth with the back of his sword **
[Sat Oct 27 23:45:57 2007] : (282) Morti: brb
[Sat Oct 27 23:49:47 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): iron
[Sat Oct 27 23:50:01 2007] : (289) DM: (was mapping, sorry for the lag)
[Sat Oct 27 23:50:11 2007] : (285) J.C.: (whispering): Figured it would be, but I thought I'd check anyhow.
[Sat Oct 27 23:50:15 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): done
[Sat Oct 27 23:50:33 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it takes a bit of doing since the "teeth" are made of iron
[Sat Oct 27 23:51:27 2007] : ** (276) Thom attempts to open the door after he breaks out the teeth **
[Sat Oct 27 23:55:41 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sat Oct 27 23:55:45 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): open?
[Sat Oct 27 23:56:11 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): I'm assuming you open it? just checking
[Sat Oct 27 23:56:36 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): yes
[Sat Oct 27 23:57:11 2007] : (289) DM: The door opens slowly, revealing a dark stone corridor that leads deep underneath the earth.
[Sat Oct 27 23:57:55 2007] : (289) DM: There is a faint coppery odor in this chamber. The passage proceeds 40' east, beyond which is impossible to tell without going further.
[Sat Oct 27 23:58:39 2007] : ** (276) Thom motions Morti to bring his torch up **
[Sat Oct 27 23:58:46 2007] : (276) Thom: "Shall we?"
[Sat Oct 27 23:59:09 2007] : (282) Morti: :to his servant: "So.. why couldn't you open it?" :as if he expects an answer. Then moves forward, shedding light into the room beyond.:
[Sat Oct 27 23:59:59 2007] : (289) DM: After the 40' mark, you can spot what seems to be a pair of niches embedded in the rock. Further investigation will require entry into the passage to that point.

[Sun Oct 28 00:00:05 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): the smell is that of dried blood isn't it
[Sun Oct 28 00:02:04 2007] : ** (276) Thom continues on and peeks in the left hand niche first **
[Sun Oct 28 00:02:11 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): mm hmm
[Sun Oct 28 00:02:32 2007] : ** (282) Morti follows along with Thom. **
[Sun Oct 28 00:02:38 2007] : ** (290) Daelan follows behind Thom. **
[Sun Oct 28 00:02:41 2007] : (290) Daelan: "
[Sun Oct 28 00:02:59 2007] : (289) DM: A gigantic bastard sword lashes out of the niche, narrowly missing your face by inches. It's floating of its own accord. (init)
[Sun Oct 28 00:03:07 2007] : (290) Daelan: " You do realize that the smell is that of dried blood Thom.''
[Sun Oct 28 00:03:31 2007] : (282) Morti: init: [1d20+2] => [5,2] = (7)
[Sun Oct 28 00:03:33 2007] : (285) Cael: Initiative: [1d20+3+4] => [15,3,4] = (22)
[Sun Oct 28 00:03:35 2007] : (290) Daelan: INIT: [1d20+2] => [6,2] = (8)
[Sun Oct 28 00:03:47 2007] : (276) Thom: Initiative: [1d20+9] => [6,9] = (15)
[Sun Oct 28 00:03:55 2007] : (289) DM: (take a look at his node DJ)
[Sun Oct 28 00:04:01 2007] : (284) Atross: Initiative: [1d20+5] => [10,5] = (15)
[Sun Oct 28 00:05:37 2007] : (289) DM: (22, Cael)
[Sun Oct 28 00:06:25 2007] : ** (285) Cael holds his position and draws his scimitar, watching until he knows better where to strike. (( Done )) **
[Sun Oct 28 00:06:35 2007] : (289) DM: (15, Thom)
[Sun Oct 28 00:07:26 2007] : ** (276) Thom strikes out quickly at the sword that tried to take his nose **
[Sun Oct 28 00:07:39 2007] : (276) Thom: 1st attack: [1d20+15] => [14,15] = (29) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [2,5] = (7)
[Sun Oct 28 00:07:39 2007] : (276) Thom: 2nd attack: [1d20+10] => [7,10] = (17) ==> DAMAGE [1d6+5] => [4,5] = (9)
[Sun Oct 28 00:09:45 2007] : (289) DM: That second attack missed. Fragments fall from the blade to the floor and vanish.
[Sun Oct 28 00:09:50 2007] : (289) DM: (15, Atross)
[Sun Oct 28 00:10:20 2007] : (284) Atross: "Well, I'm assuming no one'd be silly enough to be invisible and use a plainly visible weapon so that gives me a good clue where to aim."
[Sun Oct 28 00:10:50 2007] : ** (284) Atross fires a trio of arrows, trying to knock the sword from the air it so undeservedly occupies. **
[Sun Oct 28 00:10:57 2007] : (284) Atross: Full Attack: First Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [11,10,5,2,2,1] = (31) Rapid Shot:[1d20+10+5+2+2+1] => [16,10,5,2,2,1] = (36)Second Shot:[1d20+5+5+2+2+1] => [7,5,5,2,2,1] = (22)
[Sun Oct 28 00:11:44 2007] : (284) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [9,3,2,2,1] = (17) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Sun Oct 28 00:11:45 2007] : (284) Atross: Flaming Greatbow Damage: [1d10+3+2+2+1] => [7,3,2,2,1] = (15) Fire Damage: [1d6] => [6] = (6)
[Sun Oct 28 00:12:15 2007] : (289) DM: The sword shatters into fragments which fall to the floor and vanish.
[Sun Oct 28 00:12:42 2007] : (284) Atross: "That'll teach a sword to fly around like it's some kind of arrow."
[Sun Oct 28 00:13:13 2007] : (282) Morti: :corrects dumbly: "Well.. it was more like.. floating.."
[Sun Oct 28 00:13:35 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The interior of the niche is filled with broken bones and skeletons.
[Sun Oct 28 00:14:24 2007] : (276) Thom: "Wonder if one of the skeletons in there owned the sword"
[Sun Oct 28 00:15:15 2007] : ** (282) Morti takes a speculative glance around the corner in the first niches, carefully of flying armaments. **
[Sun Oct 28 00:16:24 2007] : (289) DM: It's filled with broken bones and skeletal remains.
[Sun Oct 28 00:16:38 2007] : (289) DM: All of them appeared to have been hacked to pieces by something sharp.
[Sun Oct 28 00:17:41 2007] : (282) Morti: "Victims of the blade... scary..."
[Sun Oct 28 00:17:56 2007] : ** (285) Cael nods. **
[Sun Oct 28 00:19:11 2007] : (289) DM: The passage continues to the east and it appears that there are a couple more niches down the corridor.
[Sun Oct 28 00:20:54 2007] : ** (276) Thom continues down the passage and coutiously peers into the next niche **
[Sun Oct 28 00:21:47 2007] : ** (290) Daelan continues to follow behind Thom **
[Sun Oct 28 00:22:11 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Reflex
[Sun Oct 28 00:22:31 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+12] => [14,12] = (26),[1d20+12] => [16,12] = (28)
[Sun Oct 28 00:22:45 2007] : (276) Thom: Reflex: [1d20+14] => [16,14] = (30)
[Sun Oct 28 00:23:23 2007] : (289) DM: A pair of scything blades whirl out of the niche, narrowly missing your friend's head by mere inches, then retreat back into position.
[Sun Oct 28 00:23:29 2007] : (289) DM: (Each side that is)
[Sun Oct 28 00:23:43 2007] : (282) Morti: "Wah!"
[Sun Oct 28 00:24:28 2007] : ** (276) Thom steps back blinking **
[Sun Oct 28 00:24:49 2007] : (276) Thom: "Ok dont stick you face near the niches"
[Sun Oct 28 00:25:01 2007] : ** (276) Thom looks around for a way to disable the blades **
[Sun Oct 28 00:25:04 2007] : (284) Atross: "I see that the door was just the beginning. These folks really like cutting things."
[Sun Oct 28 00:26:20 2007] : ** (282) Morti gups his heart back down into place. Then, after regaining his voice, he orders his bodiless servant, "Walk forward. I want to see if it takes a body to set of the trap, or just a disturbance" **
[Sun Oct 28 00:26:38 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll disable device
[Sun Oct 28 00:27:16 2007] : (289) DM: As usual, the blades come whirling out of their niches, and pass harmlessly through.
[Sun Oct 28 00:27:26 2007] : (276) Thom: Disable Device: [1d20+16] => [20,16] = (36)
[Sun Oct 28 00:27:47 2007] : (282) Morti: "Now pass back quickly!" :to se if the blades take a moment to reset:
[Sun Oct 28 00:30:29 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): stop stealing my 20s
[Sun Oct 28 00:30:32 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): =P
[Sun Oct 28 00:30:38 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): lol
[Sun Oct 28 00:30:41 2007] : (289) DM: Nothing happens.
[Sun Oct 28 00:31:08 2007] : (276) Thom: "It should be safe now"
[Sun Oct 28 00:32:22 2007] : (282) Morti: "Oh.. uh... ok." :scratches his head, and moves forward.. stopping beforee the next niche. He hands a dagger to his servant and instructs, walk forward, if you see anything dangerous to us around the corners... point."
[Sun Oct 28 00:33:37 2007] : (289) DM: A wall of swords materializes into being as soon as the servant (by Morti's estimation) passes through
[Sun Oct 28 00:34:17 2007] : (282) Morti: (magic or mechanics?)
[Sun Oct 28 00:34:39 2007] : (282) Morti: "Eek... not good..
[Sun Oct 28 00:35:39 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): possibly magicka
[Sun Oct 28 00:36:47 2007] : (282) Morti: (whispering): I mean did the materialize out of thin air? or pop up from floors walls and ceiling?
[Sun Oct 28 00:37:52 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): materialize
[Sun Oct 28 00:39:32 2007] : (276) Thom: "Whats not good?"
[Sun Oct 28 00:40:31 2007] : (282) Morti: "Um... the wall of slashy stabby death..?"
[Sun Oct 28 00:41:34 2007] : (290) Daelan: " If this is the way to the Temple,they do not wish anyone to use this tunnel.''
[Sun Oct 28 00:43:03 2007] : ** (276) Thom moves on down the hall to the next niche hoping the wall of swords is due to him disabaling the trap **
[Sun Oct 28 00:43:42 2007] : (289) DM: (you mean the niche behind you?)
[Sun Oct 28 00:44:46 2007] : ** (282) Morti draws a breath, calms himself and begins casting a spell. As he cants secret words, a ball of black matter coalesces in his hands. It shifts into light and form, becoming a caricature model of his own white scarfed head. A tongue rasps out comically as if to insult the spell before it. Targetted dispel on the wall of blades: [1d20+8] => [10,8] = (18) **
[Sun Oct 28 00:44:48 2007] : (276) Thom: (( no the 3rd one ))
[Sun Oct 28 00:45:21 2007] : (276) Thom: (( unless the wall of swords materialized in the 3rd one not the 2nd one ))
[Sun Oct 28 00:45:23 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+3+5] => [16,3,5] = (24)
[Sun Oct 28 00:45:30 2007] : (289) DM: It remains.
[Sun Oct 28 00:45:35 2007] : (289) DM: (3rd one)
[Sun Oct 28 00:46:21 2007] : ** (282) Morti shrugs. "Didn't think I could." **
[Sun Oct 28 00:47:17 2007] : (276) Thom: "Can you have your servent move back and forth across to see if we can time our run ocross?"
[Sun Oct 28 00:47:49 2007] : (282) Morti: "Ok." :calls to his servant: "Come back."
[Sun Oct 28 00:48:25 2007] : (289) DM: It comes back (but nothing happens to it).
[Sun Oct 28 00:49:43 2007] : ** (276) Thom shrugs and attempts to cross to the door, ready to tumble out of the way if the swords come to take his head off **
[Sun Oct 28 00:49:56 2007] : (289) DM: (brb)
[Sun Oct 28 00:58:56 2007] : (276) Thom: (( AFK for a smoke ))
[Sun Oct 28 01:02:15 2007] : (289) DM: (back)
[Sun Oct 28 01:02:51 2007] : (289) DM: The entire wall moves as one, as if seeking to bar passage, it tries to decapitate Thom.
[Sun Oct 28 01:02:55 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Reflex
[Sun Oct 28 01:03:20 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Something about the construct seems odd...
[Sun Oct 28 01:03:25 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not sure what exactly.
[Sun Oct 28 01:04:10 2007] : (282) Morti: (whispering): detect magic to find the school of magic
[Sun Oct 28 01:04:24 2007] : (282) Morti: Spellcraft Skill Check: [1d20+18] => [12,18] = (30)
[Sun Oct 28 01:09:04 2007] : (276) Thom: Reflex: [1d20+14] => [17,14] = (31)
[Sun Oct 28 01:09:13 2007] : (276) Thom: (( back btw ))
[Sun Oct 28 01:11:30 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): illusion
[Sun Oct 28 01:11:51 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're able to avoid it narrowly
[Sun Oct 28 01:12:11 2007] : (282) Morti: (whispering): will to disbelieve
[Sun Oct 28 01:12:17 2007] : (282) Morti: Will save: [1d20+11] => [12,11] = (23)
[Sun Oct 28 01:12:21 2007] : (289) DM: And the corridor ends in a stone door.
[Sun Oct 28 01:12:27 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it's an illusion
[Sun Oct 28 01:12:35 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): not very well crafted however
[Sun Oct 28 01:12:53 2007] : ** (282) Morti lets out a relieved breath and walks through the blades **
[Sun Oct 28 01:13:01 2007] : (276) Thom: "That was close."
[Sun Oct 28 01:13:13 2007] : ** (276) Thom checks the door **
[Sun Oct 28 01:14:00 2007] : (284) Atross: "So you're alright then?"
[Sun Oct 28 01:14:09 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): It's locked and trapped
[Sun Oct 28 01:14:18 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The doorknob is a normal doorknob.
[Sun Oct 28 01:14:36 2007] : ** (276) Thom takes out his tools **
[Sun Oct 28 01:14:51 2007] : (282) Morti: "Yeah.. they're not real.. walk on through."
[Sun Oct 28 01:15:07 2007] : (276) Thom: "I am fine, but this door has a trap on it, so you might want to move to the sides of the hall
[Sun Oct 28 01:15:17 2007] : (276) Thom: Disable Device: [1d20+16] => [1,16] = (17)
[Sun Oct 28 01:15:57 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're pretty sure that was a failure
[Sun Oct 28 01:16:50 2007] : ** (276) Thom sighs **
[Sun Oct 28 01:16:55 2007] : ** (282) Morti backs away, checking down the the last niches while THom gets the door **
[Sun Oct 28 01:17:00 2007] : (276) Thom: "Lets try that again"
[Sun Oct 28 01:17:10 2007] : (276) Thom: Disable Device: [1d20+16] => [17,16] = (33)
[Sun Oct 28 01:17:44 2007] : (276) Thom: "At least I didnt set it off last time."
[Sun Oct 28 01:19:15 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): There is a distinct cracking sound in the lock.
[Sun Oct 28 01:20:20 2007] : (276) Thom: "That should do it."
[Sun Oct 28 01:20:36 2007] : ** (276) Thom takes out his picks and attempts to open the lock **
[Sun Oct 28 01:20:40 2007] : (276) Thom: Open Lock: [1d20+21] => [7,21] = (28)
[Sun Oct 28 01:21:39 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): The door opens reluctantly and reveals a corridor that descends deeper into the earth.
[Sun Oct 28 01:22:01 2007] : (289) DM: Tortured cries can be heard in the distance. The sound makes your hair stand on end.
[Sun Oct 28 01:22:39 2007] : (276) Thom: "Sounds like captives are here"
[Sun Oct 28 01:23:56 2007] : (290) Daelan: " If this is the way to the Temple and we face Naedara do not let her speak,attack her first and do not hesitate,she can and will curse you if given the chance.''
[Sun Oct 28 01:24:49 2007] : ** (276) Thom continues down the hall **
[Sun Oct 28 01:25:37 2007] : ** (282) Morti hurries to follow after the pained cries, staying just behind the leader. **
[Sun Oct 28 01:26:29 2007] : ** (276) Thom heads to the left **
[Sun Oct 28 01:26:52 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): which way do the tracks go?
[Sun Oct 28 01:27:14 2007] : ** (290) Daelan stops at the intersection as he scans the floor. **
[Sun Oct 28 01:27:18 2007] : ** (284) Atross dives through the wall of swords just in case, "If you say so. I'm making a leap of faith here." To follow them down the corridor. **
[Sun Oct 28 01:28:30 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): east and north
[Sun Oct 28 01:29:18 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): which are fresher?
[Sun Oct 28 01:32:36 2007] : (290) Daelan: " The tracks spilt off Atross,some head North,others East.''
[Sun Oct 28 01:32:46 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): that's relative
[Sun Oct 28 01:33:08 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): most likely north
[Sun Oct 28 01:33:13 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but you're not sure
[Sun Oct 28 01:35:11 2007] : ** (284) Atross tries to judge the direction the sound is coming from. **
[Sun Oct 28 01:36:27 2007] : whispering to TaliesinNYC, [1d20+6] => [2,6] = (8)
[Sun Oct 28 01:36:34 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you're not exactly sure...
[Sun Oct 28 01:36:49 2007] : (284) Donovan: (whispering): Well it was the least I could do
[Sun Oct 28 01:37:50 2007] : (289) DM: More of the same designs cover the wall. Rhian makes a clucking sound of disapproval.
[Sun Oct 28 01:39:58 2007] : (289) DM: (anything happening?)
[Sun Oct 28 01:40:35 2007] : (276) Thom: (( just waiting on Atross to see if he determines the direction of the sound, ir nothing... ))
[Sun Oct 28 01:40:41 2007] : ** (276) Thom checks the door **
[Sun Oct 28 01:40:49 2007] : (284) Atross: ((Ah. Negative.))
[Sun Oct 28 01:41:18 2007] : (284) Atross: "Well, as far as I can tell, it's coming from everywhere. I don't think it'd be a good idea to split up here though."
[Sun Oct 28 01:41:25 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): can I tell which direction the screaming is coming from?
[Sun Oct 28 01:42:05 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I agree Atross,they are going to need our bows in the coming battle.''
[Sun Oct 28 01:43:03 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): east
[Sun Oct 28 01:43:13 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): locked and trapped
[Sun Oct 28 01:43:39 2007] : (290) Daelan: " The screaming is coming from the East.''
[Sun Oct 28 01:43:42 2007] : ** (276) Thom sighs **
[Sun Oct 28 01:43:51 2007] : (276) Thom: "Another trap"
[Sun Oct 28 01:44:03 2007] : ** (290) Daelan catches up to Thom and the others. **
[Sun Oct 28 01:44:26 2007] : ** (276) Thom waits untill the others move back and out of the way before attempting to disable the trap **
[Sun Oct 28 01:44:42 2007] : (276) Thom: Disable Device: [1d20+16] => [16,16] = (32)
[Sun Oct 28 01:45:18 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): you think that might have clinched it
[Sun Oct 28 01:46:09 2007] : ** (276) Thom pulls out his picks and attempts to unlock the door **
[Sun Oct 28 01:46:39 2007] : (276) Thom: Open Lock: [1d20+21] => [11,21] = (32)
[Sun Oct 28 01:47:49 2007] : (307) Zane (enter): 01:47
[Sun Oct 28 01:47:49 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): unlocked
[Sun Oct 28 01:47:57 2007] : Attempting to assign the role of PLAYER to (307) Zane...
[Sun Oct 28 01:48:00 2007] : ** (276) Thom opens the door **
[Sun Oct 28 01:48:00 2007] : (289) DM: (yay)
[Sun Oct 28 01:48:14 2007] : (276) Thom: (( handing off control to Zane now =P ))
[Sun Oct 28 01:48:29 2007] : (307) Thom: (( the real Thom is back. :-P ))
[Sun Oct 28 01:48:55 2007] : (289) DM: (bring him up to speed please)
[Sun Oct 28 01:48:59 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (( the DM cheers because I kept steeling his 20's =P ))
[Sun Oct 28 01:49:12 2007] : (307) Thom: (( thank you for that. :-P ))
[Sun Oct 28 01:51:41 2007] : (285) J.C. (exit): 01:51
[Sun Oct 28 01:57:58 2007] : (289) DM: (any questions?)
[Sun Oct 28 01:58:24 2007] : Font is now Arial point size 10
[Sun Oct 28 01:58:25 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): Ok, got the basics, just trying to understand how we got to the middle of the map now...
[Sun Oct 28 01:58:26 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (( just catching Zane up ))
[Sun Oct 28 01:59:04 2007] : ** (307) Thom sticks his head through the opened door and peeks in to see what lies beyond. **
[Sun Oct 28 01:59:31 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): At least DJ said the door was opened... :-P
[Sun Oct 28 02:00:17 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): a passage that leads to the north and heads east
[Sun Oct 28 02:00:23 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): the cries keep getting louder
[Sun Oct 28 02:00:31 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and it's quite dark here
[Sun Oct 28 02:02:38 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): ahh, they didn't mention cries... Oh, and since I am about to draw Ringrist - I want to remind you that Thom has the Channeler talent, so he can sense the power being used nearby. And he has the Sense Residue feat.
[Sun Oct 28 02:03:52 2007] : ** (307) Thom secures his tools and draws out Ringrist as he slowly moves into the dark passage beyond, staying within the light provided by Morti's torch (assuming he has it out). **
[Sun Oct 28 02:04:22 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): ok
[Sun Oct 28 02:04:38 2007] : (289) DM: It glows a faint silver.
[Sun Oct 28 02:04:54 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): Wasn't sure if I ever explicilty mentiioned that, so I figured I'd make sure you knew. :-)
[Sun Oct 28 02:05:04 2007] : (289) DM: The passage proceeds to the east, the cries getting stronger, though in retrospect they seem more like moans.
[Sun Oct 28 02:05:45 2007] : ** (307) Thom frowns slightly, expecting trouble ahead. He makes his way down the passage, checking for any traps along the way. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:05:56 2007] : ** (290) Daelan follows behind Thom. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:06:42 2007] : ** (282) Morti follows along, bearing the light, gripping his staff tightly with worry. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:06:50 2007] : ** (307) Thom indicates Ringrsit's glow and whispers to Daelan, "I believe your Aes Sedai is nearby." **
[Sun Oct 28 02:07:27 2007] : (290) Daelan: " As I said do not let her speak or gesture,kill her quick.''
[Sun Oct 28 02:08:20 2007] : ** (307) Thom reluctantly agrees with a simple nod. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:08:51 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Tis either her or Vael.''
[Sun Oct 28 02:09:03 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): so, keep moving down the hall slowly, searching for traps, and keeping an eye out ahead for the source of the moaning.
[Sun Oct 28 02:09:41 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): k
[Sun Oct 28 02:10:03 2007] : (289) DM: When you reach the end of the hall, it appears to be a torture chamber.
[Sun Oct 28 02:10:42 2007] : ** (307) Thom stops at the end of the hall, using the wall to hide him from view as he peaks around the edge to check out what he can see of the room. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:11:08 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): is the room lit?
[Sun Oct 28 02:11:42 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): as I peer around, I keep Ringrist behind me to keep the glow, even with how slight it is, out of view.
[Sun Oct 28 02:12:14 2007] : (289) DM: The vaulted ceiling of this huge chamber is supported by great arches that resemble cracked ribs. The southern half of the chamber gives way to a 20' wide underground stream spanned by a rickety wooden bridge. A wooden ladder clings to the east wall, held in place by rusted bolts and rings. A dark tunnel leads east. Hanging on the west wall, suspended by manacles, is an emaciated figure dressed in a stained white robe.
[Sun Oct 28 02:12:24 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sun Oct 28 02:12:30 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well only by Ringrist
[Sun Oct 28 02:13:21 2007] : ** (282) Morti gasps at the sight of the strung victim. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:13:56 2007] : ** (307) Thom enters the room, keeping an eye on the tunnel to the east as he makes his way to the one hung on the wall. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:14:26 2007] : (282) Morti: (whispering): will to disbelieve the man on the wall... in case it is a trap
[Sun Oct 28 02:14:29 2007] : (282) Morti: Will save: [1d20+11] => [3,11] = (14)
[Sun Oct 28 02:14:53 2007] : (289) DM: A woman dressed in a severe black robe steps into view, as if she was hidden by shadows next to the figure.
[Sun Oct 28 02:15:24 2007] : ** (307) Thom spins to face the woman, bring Ringrist up before him. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:15:46 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): Is it Andress?
[Sun Oct 28 02:15:50 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Oct 28 02:15:56 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): Andress right?
[Sun Oct 28 02:16:00 2007] : (289) DM: Your sword's glow increases in intensity.
[Sun Oct 28 02:16:04 2007] : ** (284) Atross trails Morti into the vast chamber, bringing up his bow cautiously. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:16:07 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): roll
[Sun Oct 28 02:16:10 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Oct 28 02:16:29 2007] : (289) DM: She seems amused.
[Sun Oct 28 02:16:33 2007] : (307) Thom: "You wouldn't be willing to release the One Power and surrender, right?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:16:50 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Put your toy away, man-child. I mean you no harm."
[Sun Oct 28 02:16:58 2007] : ** (290) Daelan brings his bow up,aiming at the woman. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:17:21 2007] : (307) Thom: "Sorry, but women dressed as you are stepping out of shadows has rarely been a good sign."
[Sun Oct 28 02:17:33 2007] : (289) Darenne: "And why is that?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:17:37 2007] : (284) Atross: "Anyone stepping out of shadows in a place like this would be a bad sign."
[Sun Oct 28 02:18:35 2007] : (290) Daelan: " What name are you called Edain?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:18:50 2007] : (307) Thom: "Most people who can sneak up like that tend to be seeking to do harm, in my experience at least." Thom doesn't completely drop Ringrist, but he does ease off his stance, relazing significantly.
[Sun Oct 28 02:19:19 2007] : (307) Thom: *relaxing
[Sun Oct 28 02:19:53 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Yes. Wiser and better than most."
[Sun Oct 28 02:20:26 2007] : ** (289) Darenne ignores Daelan. "This one -- his pain is exquisite if the handiwork is crude." **
[Sun Oct 28 02:20:51 2007] : ** (289) Darenne gestures to the figure, which on closer inspection, appears to be that of a half-elf. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:21:19 2007] : (307) Thom: "If the work is so crude, should we just let him go? After all, if you are going to do something you might as well do it right."
[Sun Oct 28 02:21:53 2007] : (289) Darenne: "It is of no matter to me whether you do or not. The 'mistress' of this place would not be pleased however."
[Sun Oct 28 02:22:39 2007] : (284) Atross: "I don't believe the mistress of this place has any chance of being pleased by the time this day is over."
[Sun Oct 28 02:22:58 2007] : (289) Darenne: "No." (regards Thom intently)
[Sun Oct 28 02:23:10 2007] : (307) Thom: "Ahh, that is fine with me. I would guess that you are not under the mistress of this place, so, if I may ask, who are you?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:23:19 2007] : (289) Darenne: "You could be useful however."
[Sun Oct 28 02:23:38 2007] : ** (307) Thom lowers Ringrist to his side since she seems willing to simply converse. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:23:44 2007] : (289) Darenne: "My name" (pauses) "is Darenne. And you are?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:24:01 2007] : (282) Morti: "Ok.. I'm confused." :shrugs:
[Sun Oct 28 02:24:26 2007] : (307) Thom: "We have our talents, yes. Well met Darenne, even if we met by unusual methods. I am Thom."
[Sun Oct 28 02:24:41 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Thom." (says your name slowly as if savoring it)
[Sun Oct 28 02:24:55 2007] : (289) Darenne: "A fine name. And do you know the provenance of the sword you wield, Thom?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:25:13 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Thom free the Earendil.''
[Sun Oct 28 02:26:09 2007] : (307) Thom: "I know that it cuts well, and has a few more interesting features. But as far as provenance, I must admit that I'm not sure what you mean by the term."
[Sun Oct 28 02:26:12 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Darenne was one of the Aes Sedai in the woods when Sevis found Zarenna right?
[Sun Oct 28 02:26:28 2007] : (289) Darenne: "I could tell you...if you would do something for me." (smiles thinly)
[Sun Oct 28 02:26:36 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Oct 28 02:26:44 2007] : ** (284) Atross keeps glancing around the room warily. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:27:19 2007] : (307) Thom: "Daelan, you can get him down, I'm a little busy right now." he replies to the elf, never taking his eyes off Darenne.
[Sun Oct 28 02:27:41 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Ahh thought I recognized the Alias as the one who said Illana's name
[Sun Oct 28 02:27:44 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I do not posess the skills of opening locks Thom.''
[Sun Oct 28 02:27:49 2007] : ** (289) Darenne makes no move to approach you (Thom), though she does not move away from the half-elf. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:28:05 2007] : (307) Thom: "Before I agree to do anything, I would need to know exactly what it is. Although I may have a few other questions as well."
[Sun Oct 28 02:28:16 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): no
[Sun Oct 28 02:28:30 2007] : (307) Thom: "Then he will have to hold on for a little still."
[Sun Oct 28 02:28:33 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): could have been differently spelled
[Sun Oct 28 02:29:31 2007] : ** (307) Thom takes a step away from the wall, in case anyone else wants to try to get the half-elf down. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:29:38 2007] : (289) Darenne: "It is a sa'angreal of tremendous power. They are more rare than you can possibly know."
[Sun Oct 28 02:30:33 2007] : ** (289) Darenne moves away from the wall, as if keeping an equal amount of distance from her and Thom. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:30:56 2007] : (284) Atross: "Cover me, I'll try."
[Sun Oct 28 02:31:00 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Yes, you are wise."
[Sun Oct 28 02:31:11 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): hmm, now I have to keep myself from miming different actions to see if she follows those as well.
[Sun Oct 28 02:31:20 2007] : ** (284) Atross moves along the wall to get a better look at the prisoner and restraints. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:31:44 2007] : (289) Darenne: "The mistress of this place plays a dangerous game for one who has turned against her vows."
[Sun Oct 28 02:31:53 2007] : (282) Morti: (whispering): detect magic to see if the bonds are magical
[Sun Oct 28 02:32:08 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): nope
[Sun Oct 28 02:32:37 2007] : ** (289) Rhian seems spellbound by Darenne's appearance. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:32:48 2007] : (282) Morti: "W-what kind of game?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:32:56 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Shall I tell you what I know of she who calls herself Andress of Ruairi?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:33:02 2007] : (307) Thom: "I do the best I can. So you seem to know this blade by sight, which is better than any others have done. The mistress turned from her vows? You mean the ones she made as an Aes Sedai or some other vows?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:33:09 2007] : ** (282) Morti peers mildly around the corner to the strange woman. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:33:28 2007] : ** (289) Darenne does not flinch, though she keeps an equal distance from Thom. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:34:16 2007] : (307) Thom: "If you wish to pass on your knowledge. You seem to have to love for her, so what you keep you from telling all you know?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:34:32 2007] : (307) Thom: (( *what would keep you ))
[Sun Oct 28 02:35:15 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): making sure Thom doesn't ask for it, or agree to anything yet. :-)
[Sun Oct 28 02:36:01 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): ok, so Sense Motive on her, or try... [1d20+16] => [12,16] = (28)
[Sun Oct 28 02:36:15 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Andress, though her true name is Naedara which means 'masque of darkness' in the old tongue, plays a game of intrigue and power in the hopes that she might further the cause of the Great Lord, not knowing that there are other events taking place elsewhere that her plans will threaten."
[Sun Oct 28 02:37:17 2007] : (289) Darenne: "I do not believe in giving gifts freely. Do a thing for me, a small thing, and you will have what you seek. Is it knowledge of how to wield your sword? Or knowledge of Naedara?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:37:25 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): damn, was afraid that she would call him the Dark Lord.... oh well, things can't be easy, can they? :-)
[Sun Oct 28 02:37:44 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): She's telling the truth all right. not all of it but enough of it to be believable.
[Sun Oct 28 02:37:56 2007] : ** (282) Morti edges around behind Thom, to come stand beside the chained figure, checking that he is alive and well.(ready action to Dimension Door the prisoner and maybe thom out of the black lady's reach, if she tries anything) **
[Sun Oct 28 02:38:01 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): As an Aes Sedai would... ;-)
[Sun Oct 28 02:38:05 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): Heal
[Sun Oct 28 02:38:16 2007] : (282) Morti: Heal Skill Check: [1d20-1] => [13,-1] = (12)
[Sun Oct 28 02:38:22 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): oh he's alive
[Sun Oct 28 02:38:24 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): barely
[Sun Oct 28 02:38:44 2007] : (307) Thom: "What is the thing you desire for us to do for you?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:39:21 2007] : (289) Darenne: "I desire Andress' death."
[Sun Oct 28 02:39:26 2007] : (284) Donovan: (whispering): Since I'm right there with Morti trying this, Heal: [1d20+2] => [11,2] = (13)
[Sun Oct 28 02:39:55 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I was going to kill Naedara anyways.'
[Sun Oct 28 02:40:13 2007] : ** (289) Darenne smiles thinly. "In return for your oath to do this thing, I shall grant you answers to the best of my not inconsiderable knowledge." **
[Sun Oct 28 02:40:23 2007] : (307) Thom: "Of course, that way your Lord's other events aren't threatened anymore."
[Sun Oct 28 02:40:29 2007] : (289) Darenne: "But it must be done by the Power, or it shall be for naught."
[Sun Oct 28 02:40:44 2007] : (282) Morti: "W-why.. do you want her dead?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:41:04 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): he's going to need more than that
[Sun Oct 28 02:41:09 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): lacerations and cuts cover his body
[Sun Oct 28 02:42:04 2007] : ** (307) Thom pauses for a moment to see if she responds to Morti's question. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:42:16 2007] : (289) Darenne: "She has forsworn her vows to the Great Lord, and thus must die. I cannot strike directly. You however, are useful."
[Sun Oct 28 02:42:40 2007] : (284) Donovan: (whispering): Oh, I'm really just trying to assess the damage. Like whether he's still alive. Sounds pretty bad.
[Sun Oct 28 02:42:43 2007] : ** (289) Darenne regards Ringrist as if it were a snake. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:42:58 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Oct 28 02:43:10 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): whomever was torturing him did it by poison
[Sun Oct 28 02:43:24 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and healed him whenever he was brought to death
[Sun Oct 28 02:43:31 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and did it repeatedly
[Sun Oct 28 02:43:33 2007] : (282) Morti: "What great lord? And.. why does she have to be killed by the One Power?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:44:18 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): so not only is he low on health, his Con is also quite low as is his mental stability (in game terms)
[Sun Oct 28 02:44:58 2007] : (307) Thom: "And why come into her place if you could not strike her yourself? On the off chance that some adventuring group would happen to be here already?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:45:07 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Will you swear? Or must I find another?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:46:02 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Not random. You wield something of the Power that calls to us as honey draws flies. I am benevolent. The others are not so. And they are coming."
[Sun Oct 28 02:46:30 2007] : (282) Morti: "What others? You're not making any sense."
[Sun Oct 28 02:47:09 2007] : (289) Darenne: "Your Aes Sedai friend knows."
[Sun Oct 28 02:47:25 2007] : ** (282) Morti glances back to Rhian **
[Sun Oct 28 02:48:21 2007] : ** (289) Darenne steps away from the wall as she heads slowly to the other side of the chamber. "If you will not swear, then I will take my leave of you. But there are others who will come, Thom. They are coming." (smiles thinly) **
[Sun Oct 28 02:48:26 2007] : ** (307) Thom frowns at that response. Without taking his eyes off Darenne, he asks the others. "Does anyone have any requests as to the information, or any comments about her request. Except you daelan, we all know your stance." **
[Sun Oct 28 02:49:15 2007] : (307) Thom: "Wait, just one moment please. I must check with my companions here, I try not to speak for us all on matters this important."
[Sun Oct 28 02:49:17 2007] : ** (289) Rhian is spellbound by Darenne's appearance, as if held in thrall. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:50:16 2007] : (307) Thom: (( of course, if no one speaks up - I will.... ))
[Sun Oct 28 02:50:28 2007] : (284) Atross: (whispering): (GW): ((I'm thinking.))
[Sun Oct 28 02:51:08 2007] : (282) Morti: "No! If she wants us to kill.. it can't be for any good reason."
[Sun Oct 28 02:51:29 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): just so you know this is Semirhage
[Sun Oct 28 02:51:58 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but you probably figured that out already
[Sun Oct 28 02:52:00 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): oh, they are screwed if they try and fight her then =P
[Sun Oct 28 02:52:00 2007] : (282) Morti: "Depending on who her master is.. if Adriss has forsworn him... it may be a point in her favor, for all we know."
[Sun Oct 28 02:52:24 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): well, she could kill them if she wanted to
[Sun Oct 28 02:52:36 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but there's something she fears
[Sun Oct 28 02:52:49 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and while Thom doesn't know how to use it, she doesn't know that
[Sun Oct 28 02:53:02 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: (whispering): Good thing Sevis isnt there, he wouldnt have listened to her and just attacked
[Sun Oct 28 02:53:08 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): LOL
[Sun Oct 28 02:53:37 2007] : ** (307) Thom nods as Morti speaks. "Well then Madame Dareene, it appears we must decline your request." **
[Sun Oct 28 02:54:12 2007] : (289) Darenne: "An unwise decision, Thom. A word of parting advice. Names are important."
[Sun Oct 28 02:54:40 2007] : ** (289) Darenne bows mockingly, and steps back into the shadows in the rear portion of the chamber. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:54:52 2007] : (307) Thom: "So I've heard. May we never meet again."
[Sun Oct 28 02:55:05 2007] : (282) Morti: "A full name is better though."
[Sun Oct 28 02:55:17 2007] : (307) Thom: (( does Rinrist still glow as bright, or diminish? ))
[Sun Oct 28 02:55:35 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): glows bright silver but when she disappears, it fades back to a faint silver
[Sun Oct 28 02:55:43 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): k
[Sun Oct 28 02:56:02 2007] : ** (282) Morti then looks back to the chained man, before turning a worried eye to Thom. "We have to get him down." **
[Sun Oct 28 02:56:08 2007] : (284) Atross: "Well determined, Morti. I expect Andress will have to die, but I would make no promise to one such as that."
[Sun Oct 28 02:56:21 2007] : ** (289) Rhian shakes her head as if to clear it. "What happened?" **
[Sun Oct 28 02:56:34 2007] : ** (307) Thom sheathes Ringrist and moves over to the man, pulling out his tools as he does. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:57:14 2007] : (307) Thom: "She left, that's what."
[Sun Oct 28 02:57:24 2007] : (284) Atross: "We had a visitor. She talked. She left."
[Sun Oct 28 02:57:29 2007] : (290) Daelan: " You all make no sense,the very one who parades around town with the body of a fallen warrior goes unpunished,yet we go and try and free her spirit and the spirit of her squire,and when one who offers us aide in the slaying of this person you turn it down. Yet you and I know full well that when the dust finally settles around here,Naedara will be dead.''
[Sun Oct 28 02:58:22 2007] : ** (307) Thom opens the locks on the manacles, freeing the half-elf. **
[Sun Oct 28 02:59:06 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Who did? What?"
[Sun Oct 28 02:59:13 2007] : ** (282) Morti turns a harsh frown to Dael, "That may be true... but I'm not about to sell my soul to someone like that, even if it does make life easier. The way she spoke of the oath... I worry the repurcussions she planned." **
[Sun Oct 28 02:59:23 2007] : (284) Atross: "Yes, she will be dead. By our own strength, without owing anything to some mysterious stranger."
[Sun Oct 28 02:59:23 2007] : (307) Thom: "Daelan, do you know who that was? I sure don't - but something about her made me certain that we didn't want to mess with her. Of course, I wish I knew who the others were that were coming."
[Sun Oct 28 02:59:35 2007] : (289) DM: The half-elf collapses to the ground, moaning in pain.
[Sun Oct 28 03:00:33 2007] : (289) Rhian: "As soon as I came in here, I was enthralled. Something happened and I couldn't speak, as if there was a fog in my mind."
[Sun Oct 28 03:00:39 2007] : ** (282) Morti knnels fast by the wounded figure. "Careful, careful...." **
[Sun Oct 28 03:00:49 2007] : (307) Thom: "Daelan, check his wounds please." Thom turns to Rhian, "What do you mean who? You were stadning right there."
[Sun Oct 28 03:01:00 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Mark my words Thom,Darene will be back in time and we will have to face her as well.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:01:14 2007] : ** (290) Daelan checks the wounds of the half-elf **
[Sun Oct 28 03:01:32 2007] : (282) Morti: :ignores Dael, looking to Rhian: "You were... overwhelmed..?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:01:33 2007] : (290) Daelan: Heal Skill Check: [1d20+12] => [7,12] = (19)
[Sun Oct 28 03:02:23 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): I am tending to the half elfs wounds
[Sun Oct 28 03:02:56 2007] : (307) Thom: "Maybe so, but there was something about that Darenne that I didn't like. She spoke of her Great Lord, which I believe is the Dark Lord. And the way she carried herself - if she wants Naedara dead, then we might need to alter our own plans."
[Sun Oct 28 03:03:38 2007] : (307) Thom: (whispering): Thom just about did... but my OOC feelings took over and wouldn't let me. It helps that she didn't attack either.
[Sun Oct 28 03:03:46 2007] : (307) Thom: (whispering): sorry - wrong person.
[Sun Oct 28 03:04:38 2007] : ** (307) Thom turns and focuses on Rhian. "Ok, Rhian Sedai, I need you to think for a moment." **
[Sun Oct 28 03:05:09 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): it'll take some time
[Sun Oct 28 03:05:13 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): but I hear you
[Sun Oct 28 03:05:24 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Even Rhian believes Neadara needs to be stopped.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:05:38 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): true but there are things going on that you're not aware of =P
[Sun Oct 28 03:05:43 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): just letting you know is all.
[Sun Oct 28 03:06:13 2007] : (289) Rhian: "It's difficult to explain to someone not trained in the Power. But I was overwhelmed and could not speak."
[Sun Oct 28 03:07:02 2007] : (307) Thom: "This woman called herself Narenne, though the way she paused and her comment about names makes me think it was a false one. She apparently enthralled you somehow on sight, and she recogonized Ringrist on sight. Even that creature we killed in the ruins didn't know what it was until it sliced his body. And she knew you were an Aes Sedai as well. Do you have any idea who culd do all that?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:07:04 2007] : (282) Morti: "That doesn't necessarily mean she has to be killed. Especially if someone like that wants her dead. More importantly.." :looks woefully to Rhian: ".. the conditions..."
[Sun Oct 28 03:07:19 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Whomever that was was trained in the use of saidin even more than I."
[Sun Oct 28 03:07:49 2007] : (289) DM: (Darenne. With a "D")
[Sun Oct 28 03:08:33 2007] : (307) Thom: (( whoops, Dareene and Naedara, who is Andress... Ok, got it now. ))
[Sun Oct 28 03:08:46 2007] : ** (289) Rhian has a thoughtful look on her face, as she taps her chin, then gasps. **
[Sun Oct 28 03:09:12 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I have a suspicion but I would need to do some research, and we are far from the Tower."
[Sun Oct 28 03:09:30 2007] : (290) Daelan: " She said one of power had to kill Naedara or it was all for naught,Rhian is the only one here of power,the rest of us just use brute force,but we still need to stop Naedara.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:10:09 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Tell me exactly what she said."
[Sun Oct 28 03:10:19 2007] : ** (289) Rhian looks over to the half-elf and sighs. **
[Sun Oct 28 03:10:24 2007] : (282) Morti: "But why does it have to be by the One Power? It just seems like... like... " :groans miserably:
[Sun Oct 28 03:10:53 2007] : (289) Rhian: "That one has been injured by someone skilled in the One Power. It will take a great deal of effort and time to Heal him."
[Sun Oct 28 03:11:43 2007] : (290) Daelan: " It is power killing power Morti,for those of us who do not have it,all they would do is lose a black sister,Rhian may end up losing something more if she were to do the deed.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:12:06 2007] : (289) Rhian: "If a wielder of the Power is slain using the Power, he or she cannot be brought back from the dead. There are very specific ways to do that, Morti. Ways that I cannot -- am not allowed to think of much less contemplate."
[Sun Oct 28 03:12:40 2007] : (282) Morti: :turns to Rhian: "Then it is settled. you can't do it."
[Sun Oct 28 03:12:45 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I am forbidden from using the Power in such a manner, because of the Oaths I swore on the Oath Rod."
[Sun Oct 28 03:13:05 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Someone else however, could." (looks at Thom and Ringrist)
[Sun Oct 28 03:13:07 2007] : (290) Daelan: " But we can Morti.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:14:06 2007] : (307) Thom: "What part of what she said? She talked about him (pointing to the half-elf), saying that his pain was exquisite but the methods were crude. She called my sword a toy, and yet offered to tell me the provenance of it. She claimed the Great Lord, and said that Adress is Naedara, and turned from her vows to this Great Lord. Oh, and she asked us to kill her in exchange for information."
[Sun Oct 28 03:15:30 2007] : ** (307) Thom looks back at Rhian. "You think that Ringrist can heal him as well?" **
[Sun Oct 28 03:16:05 2007] : (307) Thom: (( strike that, I got lost on the conversation for a moment... ))
[Sun Oct 28 03:16:06 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I'm not sure."
[Sun Oct 28 03:16:40 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Your sword can do a great many things, Thom. It would not be wise however to use it for things you do not understand, yet."
[Sun Oct 28 03:17:04 2007] : ** (307) Thom looks to Rhian. "Which is why she seemed so focused on talking to me, since I wield Ringrist which seems to have some ties to the One Power." **
[Sun Oct 28 03:17:43 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): you saw Thom's paragraph telling Rhian what she said?
[Sun Oct 28 03:18:06 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Well, I need to hear exactly what she said. All of it. Not a summary, though the part about the pain being exquisite is a clue of sorts."
[Sun Oct 28 03:18:06 2007] : (290) Daelan: " All of the ancient artifacts have some ties to each being,be they good or bad,the more powerful the more it is noticed.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:18:14 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): yes
[Sun Oct 28 03:18:18 2007] : (289) TaliesinNYC: (whispering): and she clarified
[Sun Oct 28 03:18:25 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): k - just making sure.
[Sun Oct 28 03:18:34 2007] : (307) Zane: (whispering): yeah, see that now. :-)
[Sun Oct 28 03:19:17 2007] : (282) Morti: "She didn't say much... Basically she tried to make us swear and oath to kill Adriss using the Power."
[Sun Oct 28 03:19:20 2007] : (307) Thom: "You want us to recall her exact words? We can try, but what is your suspicion?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:20:10 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I don't want to voice my suspicion just yet. I need more information before I am certain. If in fact it is what I think it is, if she was who I think she might have been..." (cryptically)
[Sun Oct 28 03:20:54 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I need to know exactly what she said. And you can recall while we decide what to do about your friend here." (gestures to the half-elf)
[Sun Oct 28 03:21:07 2007] : (289) DM: (I can go on for a while longer if you like)
[Sun Oct 28 03:21:54 2007] : (307) Thom: "Look, I need to know - even if it turns out wrong. She was obviously very powerful, and said that Ringrist calls to her and others 'as honey draws flies'. And she said these others are coming and are not as benevolent as her. So any idea about who is after us would be nice."
[Sun Oct 28 03:22:23 2007] : ** (307) Thom appears a little agitated at the moment. **
[Sun Oct 28 03:24:27 2007] : ** (289) Rhian draws her mouth tightly as she faces you. "I'm not going to say this again. It would be wise to make certain that what you faced is who I think it was, before I give voice to my suspicion." **
[Sun Oct 28 03:25:07 2007] : ** (307) Thom remains where he is, staring back at Rhian. "Thanks so much for the help then." **
[Sun Oct 28 03:25:27 2007] : (289) Rhian: "You spoke to someone who could be the death of you, literally. Now, please, if you would, I'm asking you to please tell me everything she said. Otherwise I can't help you."
[Sun Oct 28 03:26:47 2007] : ** (307) Thom sighs, and thinks for a moment. ((going to try to actually do this from memory, and not cut-and-paste cheating. :-P)) **
[Sun Oct 28 03:26:52 2007] : ** (289) Rhian looks over the half-elf as she inspects his body. **
[Sun Oct 28 03:28:32 2007] : (307) Thom: She stepped out of the shadows, from nowhere, Ringrist glowed more intense as she did. She said the captive's pain was exquisite, although the methods were crude. She called me man-child and told me to put away my toy, referring I assume to Ringrist."
[Sun Oct 28 03:28:32 2007] : (289) Rhian: "There is little I can do for him now. When you have a moment, make a tisane of waterroot, comfrey and peppermint. Make him drink this three times a day for one week. That should restore him somewhat." (to Daelan)
[Sun Oct 28 03:28:56 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Then there is the matter of having him accompany us, if you want. Or what to do with him."
[Sun Oct 28 03:29:30 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I'm listening."
[Sun Oct 28 03:30:24 2007] : ** (289) Rhian whispers in Daelan's ear. **
[Sun Oct 28 03:30:27 2007] : (307) Thom: "I lowered it slightly, and asked her name. She paused in her response, but called herself Darenne and asked my name. When I gave it to her, she repeated and breathed deeply. It reminded me of those snake people the way she almost tasted the air."
[Sun Oct 28 03:31:53 2007] : (289) Rhian: (whispering): "He's very near death and will require a great deal of rest for now."
[Sun Oct 28 03:32:18 2007] : ** (290) Daelan takes his healing kit from his pack,opens it up and checks to see if those ingredients are in it. **
[Sun Oct 28 03:32:31 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Go on."
[Sun Oct 28 03:33:09 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): I am aware of this,I thank you for the information on how to heal his many wounds,though he does not seem to be all the injured on the outside.
[Sun Oct 28 03:35:30 2007] : (307) Thom: "Then she asked if I knew the provenance of the blade that I wielded, which I don't even know what she meant by that. She said she would give it to us if we did a task, a small task, for her. She agreed to either give me knowledge of Ringrist or knowledge of Naedara in exchange. She wanted Naedara, which is the name of the one going by the name Adress, dead. She claimed that Naedara had forsaken her oaths to the "Great Lord" and that her plans here were threatening her Lord's plans elsewhere."
[Sun Oct 28 03:35:41 2007] : (289) Rhian: (whispering): "His mental state is another story."
[Sun Oct 28 03:36:20 2007] : (289) Rhian: (whispering): "At the moment, his spirit is broken. He will need all of your help to get well again."
[Sun Oct 28 03:36:25 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): Hence the ellixer
[Sun Oct 28 03:36:45 2007] : ** (289) Rhian nods and smiles tightly. **
[Sun Oct 28 03:36:49 2007] : (290) Daelan: (whispering): I will do what I can
[Sun Oct 28 03:37:25 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Ah yes. The Great Lord of the Dark."
[Sun Oct 28 03:38:52 2007] : (290) Daelan: " She also said that Andress' real name was Naedara and that it meant Masque of Darkness in the old tongue.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:39:08 2007] : (307) Thom: "She seemed upset that we didn't agree immediately, although Daelan tried to. When we declined her offer, she said we made a mistake. Oh, and that bit about me wielding a weapon of the One Power that draws her and others as honey draws flies. She said she was benevolent, the others were not. And the others were coming. And then a final piece of parting advice, that names are important."
[Sun Oct 28 03:39:34 2007] : (307) Thom: "Yes Daelan, I forgot what the name meant."
[Sun Oct 28 03:40:11 2007] : (307) Thom: 'That's all I recall, but the others may remember any other specifics that I forgot."
[Sun Oct 28 03:40:11 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I do not forget those who have wronged me. Naedara and Vael shall both pay.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:40:30 2007] : (307) Thom: "Perhaps Daelan, but we will get to that."
[Sun Oct 28 03:40:41 2007] : (289) Rhian: "Yes, names are important." (sighs)
[Sun Oct 28 03:40:47 2007] : (290) Daelan: " And I did not wish to strike a bargain with her,I merely told her that I was intending on killing Naedara anyways.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:41:09 2007] : (289) Rhian: "You didn't mention your full name did you?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:41:14 2007] : (307) Thom: "Sorry, that was how it sounded to me."
[Sun Oct 28 03:41:22 2007] : (307) Thom: "Of course not."
[Sun Oct 28 03:41:30 2007] : (289) Rhian: "There's some hope then, at least."
[Sun Oct 28 03:42:00 2007] : (307) Thom: "I gave her Thom, and may have mentioned Daelan by name, but she seemed more than willing to completely ignore him the entire time."
[Sun Oct 28 03:42:14 2007] : (289) Rhian: "If we live to see ourselves out of Ruairi, all of you will need to take on a new name."
[Sun Oct 28 03:42:52 2007] : (289) Rhian: "She ignored you I suspect because she saw you as unimportant. You on the other hand, she paid full attention to because of what you wield."
[Sun Oct 28 03:42:54 2007] : (307) Thom: "Oh well, I guess we should have stuck with our alternate names after all."
[Sun Oct 28 03:43:41 2007] : (307) Thom: "Yes, she seemed to always keep a certain distance from me while we talked. At one point I stepped toi the side so other could get to the prisoner, and she stepped as well.
[Sun Oct 28 03:44:01 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I still lack one or two pieces of information but that can come once we return to the Tower. In the meantime, please promise me that one, you will not bandy that sword of yours about freely, and two, you will be more discreet about your name."
[Sun Oct 28 03:44:25 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I have no intention on changing my name,it is my second name and I shall not stray from it.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:45:05 2007] : (307) Thom: "I never thought that using it in a place like this would be "bandy", but I agree that it might be best hidden for a while still."
[Sun Oct 28 03:45:42 2007] : (289) Rhian: "I'm not asking you to change your name but to take on a new name instead of freely saying it to one and all. Even wizards -- " (gestures to Morti) "know better than to disclose."
[Sun Oct 28 03:46:26 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Daelan is what I am not who I am Rhian.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:46:27 2007] : ** (307) Thom draws out his rapier instead. "Besides, I have been neglecting this blade for a while now, I should make sure I still remember how to use it." **
[Sun Oct 28 03:46:55 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I am the wearer of shadows.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:46:55 2007] : (307) Thom: "All wizards?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:47:30 2007] : ** (282) Morti scratches his head... "Well... they ones who know not to anyway." **
[Sun Oct 28 03:47:38 2007] : ** (289) Rhian rolls her eyes and sighs. "I have a great deal of things to think about." (goes over to the wall and sits pensively, as she looks about the chamber and the half-elf) **
[Sun Oct 28 03:48:46 2007] : ** (307) Thom moves over to Morti and Daelan. He glances at Morti, "Ok, I know that she was with you all when I met you in Highkeep, so was she this helpful then as well?" **
[Sun Oct 28 03:50:07 2007] : ** (282) Morti shrugs. "She was always kind of mysterious-like. Helpful though." **
[Sun Oct 28 03:51:04 2007] : ** (290) Daelan smiles at Thom," I have found that most wizards and I have met a few,are not helpful,they are secretive and do not tell all they know,even when it would benefit those around them." as he glances at Morti **
[Sun Oct 28 03:51:28 2007] : (307) Thom: "Let's hope that she does, so far she hasn't been all that much." Thom shakes his head and turns to Daelan, "How is the prisoner?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:52:00 2007] : (282) Morti: :suggests to Dael: "Maybe they just don't like you personally."
[Sun Oct 28 03:52:11 2007] : (290) Daelan: " He will live,but his spirit is broken and most of his wounds are inside his head,it will take awhile for him to recover.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:53:19 2007] : (307) Thom: "Very well, but we should move him somewhere while we finish up. Should we take him back to that hall we started in?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:53:38 2007] : (290) Daelan: " I have noticed Morti,that the ones I have not killed,tend to like me.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:53:52 2007] : (282) Morti: "Name one."
[Sun Oct 28 03:54:03 2007] : (290) Daelan: " Atross.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:54:31 2007] : (282) Morti: :raises a brow to Atross: "You're a Wizard?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:55:33 2007] : (289) DM: (I guess he's fading)
[Sun Oct 28 03:55:59 2007] : (289) DM: (anyway, it's 4 am, I think we can stop here)
[Sun Oct 28 03:56:01 2007] : (307) Thom: (( you mean already faded? :-P ))
[Sun Oct 28 03:56:04 2007] : (289) DM: (heh)
[Sun Oct 28 03:56:12 2007] : (307) Thom: (( sounds good. ))
[Sun Oct 28 03:56:16 2007] : (289) DM: what's the plan for next weekend?
[Sun Oct 28 03:56:30 2007] : (289) DM: continue exploring or move the half-elf back to the cave chamber?
[Sun Oct 28 03:56:32 2007] : (290) Daelan: " And what about the wizard on the floating castle Morti?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:57:12 2007] : (307) Zane: move the half-elf first, then continue exploring. Get the guard we converted to watch over him for now.
[Sun Oct 28 03:57:13 2007] : (282) Morti: "What about him?"
[Sun Oct 28 03:57:22 2007] : (290) Daelan: ( I was thinking of taking him back to the Inn,it is not that far away
[Sun Oct 28 03:57:46 2007] : (290) Daelan: " He thought well of me,and I did not kill him.''
[Sun Oct 28 03:57:47 2007] : (282) Morti: (agreed. He's safer there)
[Sun Oct 28 03:57:54 2007] : (307) Zane: you can go ahead - Thom was figuring the cave chamber would work for now.
[Sun Oct 28 03:59:36 2007] : (307) Zane: so, I never did figure out how we got to this level. where on the current map did we start?
[Sun Oct 28 04:00:07 2007] : (290) Daelan: u21
[Sun Oct 28 04:00:18 2007] : (307) Zane: k
[Sun Oct 28 04:00:35 2007] : (289) DM: (Actually you started in U4)
[Sun Oct 28 04:00:38 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Oct 28 04:00:40 2007] : (289) DM: (it's 2 maps ago)
[Sun Oct 28 04:00:40 2007] : (276) Dj Gilcrease (exit): 04:00
[Sun Oct 28 04:00:49 2007] : (289) DM: ok, see you in a week
[Sun Oct 28 04:00:56 2007] : (307) Zane: ahh, I see.
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:09 2007] : (289) DM: OOC I think you're about 4-5 sessions away from resolving this story arc
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:20 2007] : (282) Morti: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:20 2007] : (282) Lunauc (exit): 04:01
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:23 2007] : (307) Zane: that far? we need to pick it up a bit.
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:36 2007] : (289) DM: it depends on how much gets done each session
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:37 2007] : (307) Zane: :-)
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:44 2007] : (289) DM: this session you covered quite a bit actually
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:45 2007] : (284) Atross: I would do more if my roommate wouldn't constantly badger me to play smash brothers...
[Sun Oct 28 04:01:46 2007] : (290) Daelan: there were several places on each map we did not explore
[Sun Oct 28 04:02:19 2007] : (289) DM: that's if you want to delve in all the places
[Sun Oct 28 04:02:19 2007] : (284) Donovan: I would also do more if it wouldn't be kicking in doors and shooting people. There's something unsettling about that (though I'm damn good at it, no?)
[Sun Oct 28 04:02:26 2007] : (289) DM: heh
[Sun Oct 28 04:03:04 2007] : (284) Donovan: Unfortunately, it's hard to move the *plot* along after everyone's dead. The RP doesn't stop for death though, quite the contrary.
[Sun Oct 28 04:03:18 2007] : (307) Zane: yeah, Thom is all about just getting to the bottom, or the top, of this place - so extra exploring is not necessary. Which is why he ignored the two room on the one end of the cave chamber.
[Sun Oct 28 04:04:05 2007] : (307) Zane: Anyway, see you all next week.
[Sun Oct 28 04:04:46 2007] : (307) Zane: Oh, and Stan - Joroch's char sheet is all updated for absolute final approval.
[Sun Oct 28 04:04:54 2007] : (312) Daelan (enter): 04:04
[Sun Oct 28 04:05:22 2007] : (307) Zane: I hope that the Fri crew goes with the idea of seeking aid from outside countries - they would jump at his offer than. :-)
[Sun Oct 28 04:05:37 2007] : (312) Daelan: well I am going to head to bed,hope to see you all next weekend.
[Sun Oct 28 04:05:40 2007] : (307) Zane: k
[Sun Oct 28 04:05:53 2007] : (312) Daelan: night all
[Sun Oct 28 04:06:07 2007] : (312) Daelan: Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Oct 28 04:06:07 2007] : (312) Daelan (exit): 04:06
[Sun Oct 28 04:07:13 2007] : (307) Zane: g'night you two.
[Sun Oct 28 04:07:18 2007] : (307) Zane: Outta here.
[Sun Oct 28 04:07:18 2007] : (307) Zane (exit): 04:07
[Sun Oct 28 04:07:26 2007] : (289) DM: later
[Sun Oct 28 04:07:30 2007] : Disconnecting from server...
[Sun Oct 28 04:07:31 2007] : Game disconnected!


Back to Damrosil Logs
Game Logs
Damrosil Logs
Forgotten Realms Logs
MelNethra Logs
Tolmara Logs

Rules
Character Generation and House Rules
Classes of Andurin
Cosmology of Andurin
Empires of the North
Geography of Andurin
History of Western Andurin
Lands of the Fhaard
Lands of the Sea Realms
Lands of the White Alliance
Magic of Andurin
Philosophical Themes
Races of Andurin
Songs of Andurin
The Southern Kingdoms